时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [theme music playing] | |
[00:09] | 克拉克森的农场 | |
[00:11] | 第十一章 | |
[00:13] | 闲聊 | |
[00:21] | [“Shake That Thing” by Winfield Parker playing] | |
[00:27] | [Jeremy] I was now eager for Alan the builder to start turning | 我现在着急盼着建筑工人艾伦 |
[00:29] | 把产羔棚变成餐厅 | |
[00:30] | the lambing barn into a restaurant. | |
[00:33] | But before he could start work, | 但在他开始工作之前 我必须得到当地政府的批准 |
[00:35] | I had to get approval from the local authority. | |
[00:41] | [Jeremy] I’m here now to meet | 我今天来见西牛津郡议会 |
[00:43] | with the woman who runs the planning department | |
[00:46] | 规划部门的女负责人 | |
[00:48] | at West Oxfordshire council. | |
[00:51] | So I’m going to… | 我要…如果她不想被拍 |
[00:52] | She doesn’t wanna be filmed. | |
[00:53] | They’re gonna park cameras and sound recorders and everything | 他们可以把相机、录音机这些放下 |
[00:56] | and go in there, ’cause this… | 再进去 因为这个会面真的很重要 |
[00:59] | this really matters, this meeting. | |
[01:00] | If I get this wrong, she says no, effectively, | 如果我搞砸了 她会坚决地说不 |
[01:04] | my plan for the year is in tatters. | 我今年的计划就破灭了 |
[01:10] | Yeah, here she is. | 她来了 |
[01:12] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[01:13] | Thank you for coming out. | 谢谢你能来 |
[01:16] | [Jeremy] The meeting, which also included grown-ups | 这次的会面还包括其他部门的官员 |
[01:19] | from other departments, | |
[01:21] | lasted for more than an hour. | 持续一个多小时 |
[01:23] | And when it was over, | 待会面结束后 我和查理要理清我们现在的处境 |
[01:26] | Charlie and I had to work out where we now stood. | |
[01:32] | [Jeremy] So the man from the business side, | 那个负责议会经济发展事务的商人 |
[01:34] | the economic development at the council who we just met, | |
[01:36] | 也就是我们刚刚见的那个 非常支持我们的计划 | |
[01:37] | he’s very much in favour of it, bringing loads of people to the area. | |
[01:38] | 他们会带很多人来这 | |
[01:41] | – But Joan, planning Joan… – Yeah. | 但规划部的琼… |
[01:44] | She was very clear: recognise the sensitivity of the site. | 她很清楚 知道这个地方的敏感性 |
[01:47] | [Jeremy] She’s worried about the fact | 她担心这里优美的自然风景遭到破坏 |
[01:49] | this is an area of outstanding natural beauty, | |
[01:52] | doesn’t like the car park, doesn’t like the mess out there. | 但她不喜欢停车场或混乱拥挤 我不怪她 那确实很可怕 |
[01:55] | I don’t blame her, it’s awful. | |
[01:56] | And doesn’t like the lavatories. | 她不想在这建厕所 |
[01:58] | – I get all that. – [Charlie] Yeah. | – 我都明白 – 嗯 |
[02:00] | As I understood it, her chief concern was: | 据我了解 她主要关心的是当地人 |
[02:04] | the locals. | |
[02:05] | The locals, we’ve gotta do some engagement. | 当地人 我们必须让他们参与进来 |
[02:08] | You have to engage in a positive manner with them, Jeremy, definitely. | 你必须积极地与他们接触 杰里米 这是肯定的 |
[02:16] | [chuckles] [“The Village Green Preservation Society” by The Kinks playing] | 查德灵顿 |
[02:20] | [Jeremy] This is the village, a mile or so from the lambing barn, | 这就是离产羔棚大约1.5公里的村庄 |
[02:23] | where my battle would be fought: Chadlington. | 我将在这展开战斗 |
[02:26] | 查德灵顿 | |
[02:28] | [music continues] | |
[02:34] | It was the people living here who, | |
[02:37] | after the first season aired, | |
[02:39] | had been most annoyed by the shop’s popularity. | 对商店的高人气颇为不满 |
[02:45] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[02:50] | To try and cheer them up, | 我想让他们开心一下 |
[02:52] | I decided to launch Operation Hearts and Minds, | 于是我决定发起心与智行动计划 |
[02:55] | which would begin here, | 从这里开始 在我的野花草地上 |
[02:58] | in my wildflower meadows. | |
[03:02] | [Jeremy] Morning. | 早上好 |
[03:04] | So, what have we got here? | 我们这有什么? |
[03:05] | [Jeremy] For the last two years I’ve been donating | 在过去的两年里 |
[03:07] | 我给园艺协会捐赠了 | |
[03:08] | half my wildflower seeds to a horticultural association. | |
[03:10] | 我家一半的野花种子 | |
[03:12] | Now, though, I was going to hold some back to give to the village. | 现在 我打算保留一些种子 回馈给乡村 |
[03:18] | This is my favourite bit of the farm, the grassland down here. | 这是我最喜欢的农场 这里的草原 |
[03:21] | And also, how much is that seed if you were to sell it? | 如果卖的话 种子能卖多少钱? |
[03:25] | [man] Ninety, a hundred pounds a kilo. | – 一公斤大约90或100英镑 – 一公斤100英镑 |
[03:27] | A hundred pounds a kilo? So, it’s by far the most valuable crop on the farm. | |
[03:28] | 这是目前农场上最有价值的作物 | |
[03:31] | Probably! | 大概是 |
[03:33] | [Jeremy] Can we put this down in Chadlington? | 我们可以在查德灵顿种这些吗? |
[03:35] | [man] It’d be a good spot for it. | 可以 只要给它们留一点位置 |
[03:37] | – [plane] – Sorry, there’s… | – 抱歉 那是… – 飞机 |
[03:38] | The aeroplanes. | |
[03:40] | This is where my surface-to-air missile battery’s going. | 这是运送地对空导弹电池 |
[03:44] | [man] I’ve rarely seen aeroplanes up here, | 我很少在这里看到他们 但他们知道你在这拍片 |
[03:46] | but they obviously know you’re filming today. | |
[03:47] | They’re here all the time. | 不 他们一直都在这 |
[03:49] | I think if I shoot one, it won’t stop them, they’ll think it was an accident. | 如果拍下一个镜头 他们会认为这只是个意外 |
[03:52] | But if I do two or three, word will get out among the flying community | 但如果拍下两三个镜头 |
[03:54] | 消息就会传遍整个航空领域 | |
[03:57] | 是的 | |
[03:57] | and they’ll have to spend time with their wives. | 他们就得花时间陪伴他们的妻子了 |
[04:00] | 说得对 | |
[04:01] | [upbeat music] | |
[04:04] | Wave at the neighbours. | 向邻居挥手致意 心与智行动计划 |
[04:06] | Operation Hearts and Minds and all that. | |
[04:11] | There we are. | 我们到了 |
[04:13] | 纪念馆 体育与社交俱乐部 | |
[04:18] | There it is. This is my seed. | 就是这些 这些就是我的种子 |
[04:20] | 250 pounds worth of seed there. | 价值250英镑的种子 |
[04:27] | [sighs] | |
[04:32] | Hello? | – 你好 请问苏在吗? – 哪个苏? |
[04:33] | Is Sue around? | |
[04:35] | – [woman] Which Sue? – Kott. | 你好吗? |
[04:37] | No, she’s not here. | – 库克斯 – 库克斯 不 她不在这 |
[04:40] | I’ve come to give her my seed. | 我把自己的种子给了她 |
[04:42] | [woman 2] She’s not in. | – 她不在这里 – 好吧 |
[04:43] | Okay. | |
[04:46] | Right. | |
[04:48] | [Jeremy] Eventually, I did find someone who would take my seeds. | 最终 我还是找到了 愿意收下我的种子的人 |
[04:53] | Hi. | 你好 |
[04:54] | Are you the gardener here? | 你是这里的园丁吗? |
[04:56] | Well, no. I’m the chairman of the trustees to the hall. | 不 我是受托人联合会的主席 |
[05:00] | Ah. | |
[05:01] | [Jeremy] Right, there you go. Green-winged orchids. | 好 给你 |
[05:03] | – 绿翼兰花 – 真棒 | |
[05:04] | Lovely. | |
[05:05] | – Black orchids. – Wow! | 黑色兰花 |
[05:07] | Thank you very much, Jeremy. | – 非常感谢你 杰里米 – 好的 谢谢你 谢谢 |
[05:08] | [Jeremy] All right. Thank you. Thanks. | |
[05:12] | [Jeremy] In truth, though, | 但事实上 野花种子只是一种热身 |
[05:13] | the wildflower seeds were just a warm-up act. | |
[05:16] | If I was going to win over the village, I’d need a much grander gesture. | 如果我要赢得村民的支持 我需要表现出更大方的姿态 |
[05:22] | So I thought of one. | 所以我想到了一个主意 |
[05:24] | [man] One, two, three. | 一、二、三 |
[05:26] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[05:28] | [laughter and applause] | |
[05:31] | “Diddly Squat sponsors Chadlington Football Club.” | 迪丽斯库阿特赞助 查德灵顿足球俱乐部 |
[05:34] | [epic music] | |
[05:42] | – [Jeremy] It’s a good strip. – A really good strip. | 这件球衫很好看 |
[05:44] | – 确实不错 – 是啊 | |
[05:48] | [Jeremy] The kick-off whistle blew. | 开球哨响起 |
[05:49] | [whistle] | |
[05:52] | And my inaugural match as a club sponsor was underway. | 我作为俱乐部赞助商的 首场比赛正在进行中 |
[05:57] | Chadlington FC vs Chadlington Reserves. | 查德灵顿俱乐部对阵查德灵顿预备队 |
[06:01] | – Go on, Chadlington. – Come on, Chad. | – 加油 查德灵顿 – 加油 查德 |
[06:06] | I used to play with all these kids when I was in school. | 想想我曾经在学校和他们 一起踢过足球 这感觉很奇怪 |
[06:09] | They used to be the team above us. | 他们以前踢得都比我们好 |
[06:11] | – [Jeremy] Have you got a picture? – [Kaleb] I do. | – 你有你踢球的照片吗? – 我有 那时我留着长头发 |
[06:13] | I had long hair then. | |
[06:15] | – [Jeremy] Another hairstyle? – Yeah. | – 另一种发型? – 是的 |
[06:17] | [Jeremy] You are quite pudgy. | 你又矮又胖 |
[06:18] | – What do you mean, pudgy? – Porky. | – 又矮又胖 几个意思啊? – 脂肪偏多 |
[06:20] | [Kaleb] Oh ! | |
[06:22] | Come on, Chadlington. | 加油 查德灵顿 |
[06:25] | [Jeremy] Happily, there was a decent turnout to see the new strip. | 很开心 后来很多人都来这看比赛 |
[06:29] | [Kaleb] Come on, Chad. | 加油 查德 |
[06:30] | [Jeremy] Including Gerald and his brother. | 包括杰拉德和他的兄弟 |
[06:33] | I mean, the nice thing about these, | |
[06:35] | this lot, they get this many up here on a bloody Saturday. | |
[06:39] | – Of course. – No, of course they don’t. | |
[06:41] | One man and his dog. | |
[06:45] | – [whistle] – That’s our ball! | 是我们的球 |
[06:46] | Do you know the way you know all the names | 这就是你记住所有切尔西 足球运动员名字的方式? |
[06:48] | – of the Chelsea football players? – Yeah? | |
[06:50] | [Lisa] Do you know all the names of this team that you sponsor? | 你知道你赞助的这支球队的 所有球员的名字吗? |
[06:53] | – Chadlington? Of course I do. – No, you don’t. | – 我当然知道 – 你不知道 |
[06:55] | I do. It’s easy here, right? Supporters, right? | 我知道 这很容易 |
[06:57] | 球迷 对吗?库珀、库珀和库珀 | |
[06:58] | Cooper, Cooper and Cooper. | |
[07:01] | [laughter] [Lisa] Name me one. | – 给我说出一个 – 库珀 |
[07:03] | Cooper, Cooper, | Cooper, Cooper, Cooper, |
[07:04] | 库珀… | |
[07:07] | and there’s Cooper. | – 嗯 – 还有那个库珀 |
[07:09] | It just makes life so much simpler in the village. | – 这让乡村生活更轻松 – 库珀接住了球 |
[07:11] | Coopers take over. | |
[07:12] | [crowd cheering] | |
[07:15] | Oh! Great save. | |
[07:16] | 漂亮的救球 | |
[07:18] | [Jeremy] Kaleb, however, was very harsh with his commentary. | 然而 卡莱布的评论非常严厉 |
[07:22] | [Kaleb sighs] That’s bullshit. | 太烂了 |
[07:24] | [whistle] | |
[07:25] | [Kaleb] You are fucking joking me! | 你是在跟我开玩笑 |
[07:30] | Get up. | 起来 |
[07:31] | Josh! Get up, Josh! | 乔希 起来 乔希 |
[07:35] | If you ran Emirates, | 如果你经营阿联酋航空 |
[07:37] | is it like this, do you think, when you go to watch Arsenal? | 去看阿森纳比赛的时候 不就是这种感觉吗? |
[07:42] | ‘Cause I’m the sponsor of this team, | 因为我是这支球队的赞助商 我知道他的感受 |
[07:44] | and I know how he feels. | |
[07:46] | – I think it’s a little bit different! – No, it’s exactly the same. | – 有点不一样 – 是一样的 |
[07:48] | [Kaleb] No, just a little bit. | 不 有点不同 |
[07:50] | [Jeremy] At half-time, the players cracked into the energy drinks. | 中场休息时 球员们牛饮着能量饮料 |
[07:56] | And Gerald took us on a tour of the clubhouse… | 杰拉德带我们参观了俱乐部 |
[07:59] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly] …went off the road on the way home. | |
[08:03] | [Jeremy] …where we discovered he was a bit of a local legend. | 我们发现他像是这个地方的传奇人物 |
[08:08] | [Jeremy] It’s not you ’cause it’s in colour. | 这不是你 因为这是彩色的 |
[08:10] | [laughs] | |
[08:12] | Hey, look! There’s a K. Cooper in here. | – 嘿 看 这里有一个K库珀 – 当然有 |
[08:14] | [Jeremy] Of course there is. | |
[08:16] | [Jeremy] Wait a minute. I’m in the 80s here. | 我是在80年代 |
[08:18] | Gerald Cooper. | 杰拉德库珀 |
[08:20] | – [Jeremy] Where are you? – [Gerald] Here. | 你在哪? |
[08:23] | [Jeremy] Is that you? Still with the same moustache? | – 那是你 留着同样的胡子? – 是的 |
[08:25] | [Gerald] Yeah. I’ll tell you what, up there… | |
[08:27] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly] | |
[08:31] | They were all 22 in there, you know what I mean? | |
[08:34] | – [Jeremy] God, that’s you! – [Gerald] Yeah. | 天啊 这是你 |
[08:36] | You look like, “I just did “Tiger Feet” on Top of the Pops | 你看起来像是在说:“我刚刚在 《流行之巅》节目里唱了《虎脚》” |
[08:40] | and then I played football.” | “然后我来踢足球” |
[08:42] | [laughs] | |
[08:43] | See about Dennis, round the corner. | |
[08:45] | Look, yeah, that’s you. Looking like someone out of Slade there. | |
[08:47] | 像是斯雷德乐队的 | |
[08:49] | [Gerald laughs] | |
[08:51] | [whistle] | |
[08:52] | [Jeremy] In the second half, the action came thick and fast. | 下半场 动作又快又猛 |
[08:57] | [whistle] | |
[08:58] | [whistle] | |
[08:59] | Oh. | |
[09:02] | – [whistle] – [Jeremy] Jesus. | 天啊 |
[09:04] | [Kaleb] Yeah! | – 好样的! – 是的 |
[09:06] | [Kaleb] Aw, wonderful. | 精彩 |
[09:09] | [Jeremy] And soon I began to realise that my next purchase as a team sponsor | 很快我开始意识到我作为赞助商 |
[09:12] | 我下一次该给球队买个记分牌 | |
[09:13] | needed to be a scoreboard. | |
[09:16] | – So, you think it’s what? – [man] Three-one. | – 你知道比分是多少吗? – 3比1 |
[09:18] | Three-one. And you think it’s four-one? | – 3比1 而你以为是4比1? – 我认为是3比1 |
[09:20] | – I think it’s three-nil. – [woman] It’s two-all. | |
[09:22] | – [Jeremy] Two-all? – No. | – 二平? – 不 |
[09:24] | It’s five-one. | 是5比1 |
[09:25] | [whistle] [Jeremy] The final whistle blew | 终场哨声吹响 查德灵顿俱乐部 |
[09:28] | on what had been a good game for Chadlington FC. | 一场精彩的比赛结束了 |
[09:31] | Six… Six-one. | – 6比1 – 但查德灵顿是在跟自己玩 |
[09:32] | But then Chadlington was playing with itself. | |
[09:35] | [Jeremy] And I just hoped my investment would now bring a return. | 我只希望我的投资能带来回报 |
[09:39] | Do you think this will win hearts and minds in the village? | 你认为这会赢得村民的心吗? |
[09:43] | [Kaleb] I do. | 是的 |
[09:46] | 比赛后请脱掉球鞋 | |
[09:48] | [upbeat music] | |
[09:52] | [Jeremy] Whilst I was buttering up the locals, | 当我在讨好当地人时 |
[09:55] | Charlie was in his office, with its walls dripping in fine art, | 查理在他挂满精美艺术品的办公室里 |
[10:01] | working hard on the restaurant planning application. | 努力准备餐厅的规划申请 |
[10:05] | Jeremy must essentially win over the parish council | 杰里米必须赢得教区委员会的支持 因为在申请方面 |
[10:08] | because they will have quite a lot of sway, | |
[10:11] | in sort of supporting the application. | 他们的影响力很大 |
[10:15] | But it’s actually West Oxfordshire District Council | 但实际上是西牛津郡区议会 |
[10:19] | that will decide whether the restaurant will go ahead or not. | 决定餐厅能否开业 |
[10:23] | And the planning process, we have to please a lot of people. | 在计划阶段 我们必须取悦很多人 |
[10:27] | So we’ve got the police. | 我们有警察和高速公路 |
[10:29] | We’ve got the highways. | |
[10:31] | You know, and highways are really on the farm shop. | 高速公路就在农场商店旁边 |
[10:34] | The police stop every other day to monitor traffic. | 警察每隔一天都会在这停下 监视交通 |
[10:37] | So we’ve gotta get the access in and out just right. | 所以我们必须恰到好处地 获取进出的权限 |
[10:41] | We’ve got archaeological surveys. | 我们进行了考古调查 |
[10:43] | We’ve got ecological surveys we’ve gotta get right. | 生态调查 我们必须做对的事 |
[10:46] | Oxfordshire county council will, you know, | 牛津郡议会 |
[10:47] | want to know that it has an economic benefit. | 想知道这个项目的经济利益 |
[10:51] | We have to convince the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty | 我们必须说服当地人 |
[10:55] | that it won’t be a blot on the landscape. | 这个项目不会破坏当地的自然美景 |
[10:58] | So we’ve gotta let them know | 我们必须让他们知道 我们在哪种植树篱和灌木 |
[11:00] | where we’re planting each hedge and each bush | |
[11:03] | so there’s not light pollution coming across the valley. | 让整个山谷都不会受到光污染 |
[11:06] | It’s a huge amount of work and red tape | 这包含大量的工作和繁文缛节 我们必须把它做好 |
[11:08] | and we’ve gotta get it absolutely right. | |
[11:10] | It’s not just something that’s plonked, | 不能在乡村中显得很突兀 |
[11:13] | you know, in the middle of the countryside. | |
[11:16] | [soft music] | |
[11:24] | [Jeremy] Meanwhile, back on the farm, Dilwyn the vet paid a visit. | 同时 回到农场上 兽医迪尔翁到访 |
[11:28] | Though, for once, | 但这一次不是因为 他要把他的手放在动物的屁股里 |
[11:29] | not because he had to put his arm up an animal’s bottom. | |
[11:33] | No fighting. Come on. Good dog. | 不准打架 拜托了 好狗狗 |
[11:36] | Good dog. | |
[11:37] | [Dilwyn] Look at that! | |
[11:38] | You can’t have a farm and not have dogs. | – 你的农场不能不养狗 – 看看它们 |
[11:40] | [Dilwyn] Oh, look at them. Aren’t they gorgeous! | |
[11:42] | – 它们多漂亮啊 – 不是吗? | |
[11:44] | [Jeremy] Aren’t they? They’re sisters. | – 嗯 – 它们是姐妹 |
[11:46] | [Dilwyn] All right. | – 好的 – 而且是狐狸色的拉布拉多犬 |
[11:47] | [Jeremy] And they’re fox-coloured Labradors. | |
[11:49] | – Not many around. – No. | – 周围不多 – 周围没有 |
[11:50] | [Dilwyn] No. | 没有 |
[11:52] | Hey then, pups. | 嘿 小狗们 嘿 |
[11:53] | – But they’re gonna need worming. – Yeah. | – 需要给它们驱虫 – 是的 |
[11:56] | – Microchipping. – Yes. | – 植入微芯片 – 是的 |
[11:57] | – [Jeremy] And… – Vaccinating. | – 还有… – 接种疫苗 |
[11:59] | – [Jeremy] Vaccinating. – Yeah. | – 接种疫苗 – 是的 |
[12:00] | [Jeremy] They are simply the most adorable things. | 真是最可爱的狗 |
[12:03] | [Dilwyn] Come here! [Jeremy] I’m gonna roll you over and I’ll tickle your tummy. There. | 我要把你翻过来 挠你的肚子 |
[12:06] | I mean, this is it now, as far as I’m concerned. | 现在就是这样了 在我的认知范围内 |
[12:08] | Farming’s sort of over. | 农场的事告一段落 |
[12:11] | Oh. Good dog. Good dog. | 好狗狗 |
[12:14] | [Jeremy] But, much as I wanted | 我想花一整天的时间 给这两个小家伙扔球 |
[12:16] | to spend all day throwing balls for these two, | |
[12:20] | there was obviously a farm to run. | 但显然农场还有事要忙 |
[12:24] | And, with autumn upon us, | 随着秋天来临 |
[12:26] | that meant getting next year’s crops into the ground. | 我们要播种明年的庄稼 |
[12:28] | [soft music] | |
[12:32] | After the first series of Clarkson’s Farm was aired, | |
[12:35] | I was mocked cruelly by many farmers, | 许多农民都在狠狠地嘲笑我 |
[12:38] | who said that my three-metre cultivator was too small | 他们说我的三米耕耘机 相对拖拉机来说太小了 |
[12:41] | for my tractor. | |
[12:44] | Well, they won’t be mocking this time around, | 但这次他们不会嘲笑我 因为我弄到一个新的 |
[12:46] | because I’ve got a new one. | |
[12:48] | [dramatic music] | |
[12:50] | [Jeremy] This is it. | 就是这个 |
[12:52] | A huge and complex | 一块基于科学和重工原理的 |
[12:54] | six-metre-wide slab of science | |
[12:56] | 巨大且复杂的六米宽厚板 | |
[12:58] | and heavy engineering. | |
[13:00] | Good job I have such a big tractor. | 还好我有一台巨大的拖拉机 |
[13:03] | Right. | 行了 |
[13:05] | Job one: lifting. | 作业一 起重 开始 |
[13:08] | Up we go. | |
[13:10] | [engine revving] | |
[13:12] | Oh! Shit, shit, shit! | 该死的! |
[13:14] | Whoa! | |
[13:16] | Down. | 放下 |
[13:19] | What if I don’t lift it up so much? That’s the answer, isn’t it? Yeah. | 如果我不举起那么高… 这就是答案 是的 |
[13:22] | All right, let’s just try again. Up. | 好的 试着起来 走起 |
[13:28] | Oh! | |
[13:30] | Jesus Christ! | 天啊 |
[13:34] | What the… | 什么… |
[13:36] | No, this is not good. What the hell? | 不 这不妙 怎么回事? |
[13:39] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[13:40] | [Jeremy] Predictably, the rural Yoda | 不出所料 乡下版尤达大师在这一刻出现了 |
[13:42] | chose that moment to turn up. | |
[13:46] | It won’t move! | 它不动了 |
[13:48] | ‘Cause you’ve got 4 tons of machine on the back! | 你后面的机器有四吨重 |
[13:51] | Well, it’s… [stuttering] | |
[13:53] | How does anybody else manage? | 别人是怎么做到的? |
[13:55] | You need a front weight, you muppet! | 前面需要一个重量 你个傻瓜 |
[14:00] | [upbeat music] | |
[14:03] | [Jeremy] Once Kaleb had attached the weight… | 在卡莱布加上重量后… |
[14:05] | Right, is that gonna stop the problem? | 装好了 这样就不会出问题了吗? |
[14:08] | Should be fine. | 应该没问题 |
[14:09] | [upbeat music continues] | |
[14:12] | [Jeremy] …I set off to the field. | 我出发去地里 |
[14:16] | I’ve got one and a half tons on the front, | 我前面有1.5吨 |
[14:18] | four tons on the back and nine tons in the middle. | 背后有4吨 中间有9吨 |
[14:21] | This is a heavy rig this morning. | 今早拉的东西还真重 |
[14:26] | Here we are, at the field. | 我们到地里了 |
[14:32] | So what this machine does, | 这台机器不是我们之前用的耕耘机 |
[14:33] | it’s not a cultivator like we used to use. | |
[14:35] | It’s certainly not a plough, which is really bad for the environment. | 这当然不是犁 那个对环境有害 |
[14:39] | As it… | 随着它往前开 它会刺激 |
[14:40] | As it goes along, it encourages all the stuff | |
[14:45] | like this that wasn’t properly harvested last year, | 这些去年没有收割的东西 |
[14:48] | to mix with the soil and start growing again. | 和泥土混合 重新开始生长 |
[14:50] | Then when it starts to grow, we come along, kill everything, | 当它开始生长时 我们就会来杀死一切 |
[14:54] | and then we have a blank canvas | 然后就会有一片空地来种 |
[14:56] | on which to grow next year’s crop. | |
[14:58] | 明年的庄稼 | |
[15:01] | I don’t understand it either. But anyway, I know how to do it. | 我不明白这个想法 但我知道怎么做 |
[15:04] | [engine revving] | |
[15:07] | Lowering. | 降低 |
[15:09] | Here we go. | 开始 |
[15:13] | [upbeat music] | |
[15:16] | I’m farming! | 我在种地 |
[15:22] | I just realised, I actually began my farming career in this very field. | 我刚刚意识到我之前 就是在这片地上开始了我的农业生涯 |
[15:27] | And now it’s the first field I’m cultivating for 2022. | 现在这是我为2022年 栽培的第一块田地 |
[15:32] | [music continues] | |
[15:34] | [Jeremy] And it was all going well. | 一切都很顺利 |
[15:38] | Until, several runs later, | 跑了几趟之后 拖拉机又出问题了 |
[15:40] | the tractor started misbehaving again. | |
[15:43] | [metallic thud] | |
[15:44] | [engine revving] | |
[15:45] | Oh! | |
[15:47] | I can’t make it… | 我没法让它… |
[15:49] | How do you make it turn when the wheels aren’t on the ground? | 当轮子离开地面时 如何才能让它转动? |
[15:55] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼? |
[15:57] | [Jeremy] The problem was that as my Lambo gulped through fuel, | 问题是我的兰博基尼在消耗燃料 |
[16:00] | the fuel tank was getting lighter. | 油箱越来越轻 |
[16:03] | Which meant that once again there wasn’t enough weight up front | 这意味着前面没有足够的重量 让车轮落在地上 |
[16:06] | to keep the wheels down. | |
[16:09] | It’s just hopeless. | 真是没希望了 |
[16:13] | [Jeremy] I decided therefore to get back to the yard | 我决定回到院子里 |
[16:15] | and refuel before things got any worse. | 重新加油 免得发生更糟糕的事 |
[16:22] | Oh, come on. | 加油 |
[16:23] | [engine revving] | |
[16:27] | I’ve got too many revs. | 转速太高了 |
[16:30] | Let’s try four-wheel-drive. Yeah, that might help. Let’s try this. | 让我们试试四轮驱动 可能会有帮助 |
[16:33] | 我们试试这个 | |
[16:34] | [engine revving] | |
[16:36] | No, no, no! Shit! | 不 该死的 |
[16:39] | It’s not better. | 并没有好转 |
[16:41] | How the fuck am I going to get out of here? | 我究竟要怎么离开这? |
[16:47] | Whoopsie-daisy! | 我错了 |
[16:50] | Come on, come on, come on… | 加油 |
[16:54] | – [car horn] – [Jeremy] Jesus Christ! | 天啊! |
[16:56] | [Jeremy] Clearly, I needed to find a bit of extra weight. | 我显然需要附加额外的重量 |
[17:00] | And luckily, some turned up. | 幸运的是 某人来了 |
[17:03] | No! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Ah! | 不 |
[17:07] | [Jeremy] Right, are you ready? | 没错 你准备好了吗? |
[17:15] | Handbrake! Turn the handbrake! | 手刹 拉手刹 |
[17:20] | [Jeremy] It’s working. | 成了 |
[17:25] | [Kaleb] Oh fuck. | 该死的 |
[17:33] | [Jeremy] The next day I should have been doing some more soil titivation, | 第二天 我本应该多松松土地 |
[17:38] | but there was now a more pressing issue. | 但出现了一个更紧迫的问题 |
[17:40] | Despite my attempts to win over the locals, | 尽管我试图赢得当地人的支持 |
[17:43] | I was still receiving a steady stream of complaints. | 但我仍然不断收到投诉 |
[17:49] | [Jeremy sighs] | |
[17:50] | You look stressed. | 你看起来压力很大 |
[17:53] | “With an official snap check estimating over 400 visitors | “官方的抽查检验 估计有超过400名访客 |
[17:56] | and known three-hour queues to the Diddly Squat Farm Shop, | “在迪丽斯库阿特农场商店 排队三个小时 |
[17:59] | the originally small-scale setup has turned into a hand-to-mouth operation | “最初的小规模组织方式 |
[18:01] | “变成了勉强维持生计 | |
[18:04] | struggling to cope. | |
[18:05] | This is creating untold social traffic and environmental problems | “这带来了难以估量的交通流量 |
[18:07] | “以及环保问题 影响了当地的环境质量…” | |
[18:08] | affecting the local quality…” | |
[18:11] | That would have took me all day to write that. | 我要花一整天的时间写这个 |
[18:13] | [Jeremy] And then they’ve sent a photograph of that bus. | 然后他们发了一张公共汽车的照片 他们反对公共汽车 |
[18:17] | And they’ve objected to the bus. | |
[18:20] | They’re objecting there’s too many cars. | 他们说车太多了 |
[18:21] | A load of people come on a bus to the farm shop… | 一大群人乘公共汽车来农场商店 |
[18:24] | – And they moan about that as well. – They moan about the bus. | – 他们也抱怨这个 – 是的 |
[18:27] | I would love to meet these people | 我很想见见这些人 |
[18:29] | who have literally got nothing else to do apart from writing them letters. | 他们除了给他人写信 别无他事可做 |
[18:32] | I’m that busy, you’re that busy. | 我那么忙 你也那么忙 |
[18:34] | I haven’t got two minutes to sit down at a computer | 我没有时间坐在电脑前给你写长信 |
[18:37] | and write a letter to you. | |
[18:38] | [Jeremy] Look. | 看 |
[18:40] | “I’m fed up of everything Jeremy Clarkson.” | “我受够了杰里米克拉克森的一切” |
[18:43] | Honestly, you just go through this… | 老实说 只要看看这个 |
[18:45] | One man in the village | 村里的一个人发起了一项名为 “关闭迪丽斯库阿特”的众筹活动 |
[18:46] | has started a “Stop Diddly Squat” crowdfunding thing. | |
[18:51] | I mean, they just… | 我的意思是 他们只是… |
[18:54] | [Jeremy sighs] | |
[18:57] | [Jeremy] Since word had now got out | 既然我要申请餐厅经营许可的消息 |
[18:59] | that I was going to apply for permission to open a restaurant, | |
[19:00] | 已经传开了 | |
[19:02] | I decided to get on the front foot | 我决定抢先一步召开村民大会 |
[19:05] | and call a village meeting. | |
[19:09] | There we go. | 贴好了 |
[19:12] | What I’ve written here is a little sign that says: | 我在这写的内容表明 |
[19:14] | “As there seems to be some debate about what’s going on at Diddly Squat, | “鉴于村里有一些关于 迪丽斯库阿特的争论 |
[19:18] | Jeremy Clarkson will be at the Memorial Hall | “杰里米克拉克森将在纪念馆 |
[19:21] | to explain his plans and to take any questions you may have. | “向大家阐明他的计划 回答大家的提问 |
[19:23] | Everybody from the area is welcome to attend. | “欢迎当地的所有人参加 |
[19:26] | Cheese and wine will be provided.” | “我们会提供奶酪和葡萄酒” |
[19:29] | There was a good complaint | 最近议会官网上有投诉 |
[19:30] | on the official council website the other day saying, | |
[19:32] | “That so-called farmer at Diddly Squat…” | 说:“那个迪丽斯库阿特 所谓的农夫…” |
[19:37] | Fair enough. | 可以 |
[19:38] | “…doesn’t actually produce anything on his farm.” | “他的农场实际上不生产任何东西” |
[19:41] | Well, I do. | 我有生产 |
[19:42] | And then someone said, | 有人说:“那个产羔棚 从来没有被用来产羔” |
[19:44] | “That lambing barn has never been used for lambing.” | |
[19:47] | But there’s literally documentary evidence that says it has. | 有产羔 有书面证据 |
[19:51] | You know, this is the level of complaint that just… | 这是投诉的程度 问题是… |
[19:54] | That’s why I thought I’d do a Q&A, so people could say… | 这就是为什么我想开一个解答会 人们可能问 |
[19:58] | “What are you doing? What are your plans?” | “你在做什么?你有什么打算?” |
[20:01] | [man] Have you got any anxiety about it? | 你感到焦虑吗? |
[20:04] | 不会吧 我感到焦虑 | |
[20:05] | Well, yeah, I have. ‘Cause the lady from the parish council says | 因为教区议会的那个女士 |
[20:08] | that those that are angry are really angry. | 说那些生气的人是真的生气了 |
[20:12] | I mean, like really angry. | 我是说真的很生气 |
[20:15] | But yeah, it is nerve-wracking. | 是的 这很伤脑筋 因为我看过《稻草狗》 |
[20:17] | ‘Cause I’ve seen Straw Dogs. | |
[20:20] | I’ve seen Local Hero. | 我看过《当地英雄》 |
[20:21] | You know what a village can get like when it all whips itself up. | 你知道当村子里的人奋发起来时 这个村庄会变成什么样子 |
[20:25] | Come up the drive with pitchforks. | 带着干草叉上路 但我希望我能让他们平静下来 |
[20:26] | But I’m trying to… I’ll hopefully calm it down. | |
[20:30] | [birds chirping] | |
[20:31] | [cockerel crowing] | |
[20:34] | [soft music] | |
[20:38] | [Jeremy] The next day, word of the meeting had spread. | 第二天 开会的消息就传开了 但不是以一种好的方式 |
[20:41] | And not in a good way. | |
[20:46] | Um, right, so anyway, the village… | 是的 不管怎样 查德灵顿社区布告栏上说我是魔鬼 |
[20:48] | The Chadlington community notice board just in essence | |
[20:51] | says that I’m the devil, | |
[20:53] | that the farming show is just the devil’s work, | 农业节目是魔鬼 是魔鬼干的事 |
[20:57] | the farm is the devil’s house. | 那个农场是魔鬼的家 |
[21:01] | So let’s see if I can go down there and, um… | 我们看看我能不能过去… |
[21:05] | [groaning] | |
[21:08] | Ooh… | |
[21:09] | [soft music] | |
[21:11] | 查德灵顿 请慢行 | |
[21:31] | I’ve gone for the 70s wedding look, which I happen to like. | 我们要制造出70年代的婚礼氛围 我刚好喜欢这个 |
[21:43] | [sighs] | |
[21:51] | [Jeremy] As the villagers started to arrive, | 随着村民一个个到达 必须把摄像机撤出大厅 |
[21:53] | the cameras had to leave the hall, | |
[21:56] | because the locals had insisted on no filming inside. | 因为当地人坚持不让我们拍里面 |
[22:01] | Then, with Charlie and Kaleb’s ears pressed firmly against the window | 然后查理和卡莱布的耳朵 紧紧地贴在窗户上 |
[22:05] | and my personal microphone still switched on, | 我的麦克风还是开着 |
[22:09] | I waited for everyone to take their seats | 我等大家就座 然后开始谈正事 |
[22:11] | and got down to business. | |
[22:14] | [Jeremy] We were overwhelmed by what happened | 节目首次播出后发生的事 让我们不知所措 |
[22:17] | when the show first aired, | |
[22:19] | traffic and mud and chaos and speeding. | 人流、泥泞、混乱和超速 |
[22:22] | Absolute nightmare. I agree. | 绝对的噩梦 我同意 |
[22:25] | So how can we make this look great, | 那我们怎样才能让它看起来很棒呢? |
[22:28] | bring people to the area so they can spend | 把人们带到他们可以消费的地方 |
[22:31] | but not spoil anybody’s life in the village? | 但不破坏村里任何人的生活? |
[22:34] | [Jeremy] I was hoping my opening words would soothe the waters. | 我希望我的开场白能抚慰人心 |
[22:38] | And they didn’t. | 但并没有 |
[22:39] | [man] You have shown no sympathy or empathy | 你对村民毫无同情或同理心 |
[22:42] | with the people who live in the village. | |
[22:44] | You described us as morons. | 你说我们是白痴 |
[22:45] | You said, “Every village has one moron, I have six.” | 你说:“每个村子都有一个白痴 而我有六个” |
[22:48] | [laughter] | |
[22:49] | I don’t want to be called a moron. | 我不想别人叫我白痴 |
[22:51] | I don’t think you should do that, I think you should apologise for that. | 你不应该那样说 你应该道歉 |
[22:54] | [Jeremy] I apologise to you immediately. | – 我马上向你道歉 – 好的 |
[22:56] | You don’t sound moronic at all. And your points are valid. | 你的话听起来并不蠢 你的观点是有道理的 |
[22:59] | Some of the points raised on the West Oxfordshire district council website, | 然而 西牛津郡地区议会的 一些观点是愚蠢的 |
[23:02] | however, were moronic. | |
[23:04] | “That lambing barn has never been used for lambing.” | “那个产羔棚从来没用过 农场什么都不生产” |
[23:06] | “Nothing is produced on that farm.” | |
[23:08] | These things are silly things to say, ’cause we do produce things on the farm. | 说这些话很愚蠢 因为我们确实在农场里从事生产 |
[23:12] | That’s fair enough, innit? | 他说得对 |
[23:13] | [man 2] But the fact is, ultimately you’re not a farmer. | 但你其实不是农民 |
[23:16] | You’re a media personality. | 你是媒体人 但我们不是《爱情岛》 |
[23:17] | But we’re not Love Island. | |
[23:20] | What? | 什么? |
[23:22] | [Jeremy] You’re right. I host Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? | 对 我主持了 《谁想成为百万富翁?》 |
[23:24] | And I do The Grand Tour. But the farm is my passion. | 还有《大巡演》 |
[23:25] | 但经营农场是我的热情所在 | |
[23:27] | [man 2] You don’t need an income from the shop. | 您不需要靠商店赚钱 |
[23:30] | [Jeremy] No, the farm needs an income. | 农场需要收入 |
[23:31] | [man 2] You personally do not need an income. | 你个人不需要收入 |
[23:34] | His pants are definitely down tonight. | 他今晚肯定大吃一惊 |
[23:36] | [Jeremy] We’re not gonna close the shop. | 叫我们“关店”没用 我们是不会关店的 |
[23:39] | We have to have an income stream for the farm. | 我们必须为农场创造营收 |
[23:41] | – Jeremy’s answering ’em, though. – Yeah, he is. | – 但他正在回答他们 – 是的 |
[23:44] | [Jeremy] After the angry locals had vented, | 愤怒的当地人发泄完之后 重要的问题来了 |
[23:47] | there then came the important question. | |
[23:50] | [woman] So, you’re planning on turning the lambing shed | 所以 你打算改造产羔棚 |
[23:52] | into a cafe/restaurant/whatever. | 把它变成咖啡馆、餐厅之类的 |
[23:55] | [Jeremy] Yes. We now have the cows. Some calves are ready, some heifers. | 是的 我们现在已经有了一些奶牛 一些小母牛 可以生产牛肉 |
[23:59] | They’ll produce the beef. We have our eggs, our chickens. | |
[24:00] | 我们有鸡蛋和鸡 | |
[24:02] | So, we’re starting to get all the things we need | 我们开始准备开餐厅的必需品 |
[24:05] | to be able to have this restaurant. | |
[24:07] | [man 3] I think what we would like to hear now is your very immediate plans | 我们都想听听你的近期计划 |
[24:12] | for tidying up, traffic control and everything. | 关于清洁、交通人流控制等等 |
[24:15] | [Jeremy] We need to talk to highways about getting rid of the cones. | 我们需要与国道 谈谈看能不能移除警示锥 |
[24:17] | This will be first thing in the morning. It’s a hideous eye-sore at the moment. | 这是我明天要做的第一件事 |
[24:19] | 这是目前最大的痛点 | |
[24:21] | We’ve got to put a little car-wash thing so people have their wheels washed | 我们需要建一个洗车场 人们可以在那里洗轮胎 |
[24:25] | before going back on the roads so we don’t have that mud. | 这样再回到马路上后 路上就不会有泥 |
[24:28] | Neat wooden signs saying “Please do not park on the verges.” | 树起写有“请勿停靠路边”的 干干净净的木制指示牌 |
[24:31] | There are a number of things we could do | 我们可以做一些事 让它成为有用、令人舒服的便利设施 |
[24:32] | which would make it a useful and pleasant amenity | |
[24:35] | that you drive by and go, “That looks pretty.” | 让人开车经过时会说:“真漂亮” |
[24:37] | And I want to get it so it’s a great little farm shop | 我想做一间很棒的小农场商店 |
[24:40] | with a great little cafe restaurant. | 有一个很棒的小咖啡馆餐厅 |
[24:42] | [man 4] Can we have a V.I.P. pass then? | 那我们都可以拥有贵宾通行证吗? |
[24:45] | [Jeremy] Yes. We’ll do a V.I.P. pass with a discount. | 可以 我们会提供可以享受折扣价的 贵宾通行证 |
[24:50] | How’s that sound? | – 怎么样? – 很好 |
[24:51] | [woman] Great! | |
[24:52] | [applause] | |
[24:53] | [Jeremy] And on that cheery note, I bid you goodbye. | 在这愉快的气氛里 我与你们道别 |
[24:59] | Right, I’m off. Take care. | 好 我要走了 |
[25:01] | 小心 | |
[25:06] | Wow! | |
[25:08] | That was much, much, much better than I thought it was going to be. | 比我想象的要好得多 |
[25:13] | He got a little bit of a roasting at the beginning. | 我们一开始很生气 |
[25:16] | There were certain people that obviously went in with an agenda. | 有些人是带着议程来的 |
[25:20] | Um, but that always happens, doesn’t it? | |
[25:21] | 总是会有这样的事 不是吗? 我能说什么呢? | |
[25:23] | What can I say? | |
[25:24] | But everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, you know. | 但每个人都有权发表自己的意见 |
[25:28] | You have to listen to people, you have to be genuine, | 你必须倾听他人 要真诚 表现出你的关心 我认为他做到了 |
[25:30] | you have to show that you care. And I think he does. | |
[25:33] | It was a good start. | 这是一个好的开始 |
[25:35] | We enjoyed the opportunity of talking to him. | 我们很高兴能有机会与他交谈 |
[25:38] | And that’s the most important thing. To engage rather than confront. | 这是最重要的 |
[25:40] | 要参与 而不是对抗 | |
[25:46] | [soft music] | |
[25:50] | [Jeremy] The next morning, as I’d promised, | 第二天早上 正如我所承诺的 |
[25:52] | I set about getting the area around the farm shop tidied up. | 我开始整理农场商店周围的区域 |
[25:56] | 请慢行 | |
[25:58] | Which meant a meeting with Lisa. | 这意味着我要与丽莎会面 |
[26:03] | We’ve got to start now. | 我们得开始了 |
[26:06] | Get these cones up and gone. | 把那些警示锥拿走 |
[26:08] | Get that wire netting gone. | 把铁丝网拆了 |
[26:10] | All that plastic over there and those crates. | 还有那些塑料和板条箱 |
[26:13] | Get those bins hidden. | 垃圾桶要合理地隐藏起来 |
[26:15] | The litter, which I can see all over everywhere. | 随处可见的垃圾必须清理掉 |
[26:18] | It’s all got to go. | |
[26:19] | Look at that manky hay bale. That’s just awful. | 看看那个肮脏的干草捆 太可怕了 |
[26:22] | [Lisa] You say how much hay costs and you want to buy another one! | 你看到干草的成本了吗? 我不想再买一个 |
[26:25] | Look at these cones. “Come to a nice farm–“ | 看看那些警示锥 |
[26:26] | They are from the police! | – 来到一个… – 那些是警察摆在那的 |
[26:29] | They put them out there. | 他们把它们放在那里 是我们把它们带到这的 |
[26:30] | We’ve nicked them and brought them in here. Well, I haven’t. | |
[26:31] | Somebody’s brought them in here, and is using them, | 不是我 是别人把它们带到这里来的 |
[26:34] | ’cause they’re convenient. We can’t have convenient. | 并且用上了它们 因为它们很方便 |
[26:36] | 不能让它们方便 | |
[26:38] | It’s got… Whose idea are those blue signs? | 看 那些蓝色标志是谁的主意? |
[26:41] | They were just temporary for a day or two. | 暂时的 就一两天 |
[26:43] | [Jeremy] But they’ve been there for three months. | 它们已经在那放了三个月了 |
[26:45] | We’ve got the new signs now to go on the grass verge. | 我们现在有了新的标志 指引大家到草地边上 |
[26:49] | I know. I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[26:51] | I know. Do you know what? | 你知道吗?我可以这么做 然后店里就没有存货了 |
[26:53] | I can do this and then we’ll have no stock in the shop. | |
[26:55] | [Jeremy] Listen, it’s all very well designing pretty little labels | 这一切都很好 |
[26:57] | 为商店里的商品设计漂亮的标签 | |
[26:59] | for things in the shop, | |
[27:00] | but when you arrive at the shop and it looks like this, it’s just awful. | 但是如果商店看起来像这样 |
[27:03] | – [Lisa] What are you gonna do about it? – I haven’t got time. | – 太可怕了 – 我知道 那你要怎么做? |
[27:06] | 我没有时间 | |
[27:08] | You have no idea how much is… I’ve gotta go… | 你不知道…我得去… |
[27:10] | Today I’ve gotta go and find out if one of the… | 今天 我得去看一头 |
[27:12] | I don’t even know what it’s called, bullocks or steers, | 公牛或小牛什么的 |
[27:15] | has got an accidental testicle. | 它长了个出人意料的睾丸 |
[27:17] | I’ve got Charlie coming to talk about the new government regulations on… | 查理会来 我要和他讨论新的政策 |
[27:21] | I’m just swamped. | 我真的是太忙了 |
[27:23] | [Lisa] I can spend my day doing this, but then we will have nothing to sell. | 如果我整天这样 我们店里就啥也没有了 |
[27:26] | Sorry. You said you’ll look after the farm shop, I’ll do the farm. | 抱歉 我说:“你负责农场商店 |
[27:29] | “我负责农场” | |
[27:30] | So the farm shop is– | – 所以农场商店是这幅样子 – 我给你做早餐 |
[27:32] | I do breakfast, lunch and dinner as well. | 还有午餐和晚餐 |
[27:34] | When? What breakfast? What lunch? What dinner? | 什么时候?什么早餐? 什么午餐?什么晚餐? |
[27:37] | I cooked my dinner last night. I made sausages and mashed potatoes. | 我自己做了 我做了香肠和土豆泥 |
[27:39] | – You did not! – Well, I so did. | – 你没有 – 我做了 |
[27:41] | I burnt them ’cause the dog shat on the carpet | 我把它们烤焦了 因为我做饭的时候 |
[27:44] | and I had to clear up the dog shit while cooking. | 狗在地毯上拉屎 我不得不去清理干净 |
[27:46] | Your dogs, your shit. | 你的狗 你的狗屎 |
[27:48] | My dogs? | – 我的狗 – 我们的狗 |
[27:50] | If you wanted dogs, I said “You clean up the shit.” | 你想养狗 那你就要清理狗屎 |
[27:52] | – I did, while I was cooking my supper… – “I’m allergic to dog shit!” | – 不过… – “我对狗屎过敏” |
[27:55] | Guess what? So am I. | 你猜怎么着?我也是 |
[27:56] | Honestly. | 老实说 |
[27:58] | [sighs] | |
[28:00] | What a twat. | 真是个混蛋 |
[28:02] | I mean, it is disgusting. | 真令人恶心 |
[28:05] | It was fine during the summer, wasn’t it? | 夏天倒是挺好的 |
[28:07] | And then the rain came. And when it rained, it’s fucked. | 然后雨季来临 等到下雨的时候 就真的是太糟糕了 |
[28:11] | [upbeat music] | |
[28:15] | [she groans] | |
[28:17] | 请尊重我们的邻居 安静离场 谢谢 | |
[28:19] | Yeah! | |
[28:21] | [Jeremy] While Lisa was busy with Operation Tidy-Up… | 当丽萨忙着经营整理的时候 |
[28:29] | I ploughed through the endless list of jobs | 我在努力完成农业 带来的无穷无尽的工作 |
[28:33] | that farming throws at you. | |
[28:35] | No, no, wait, wait, ’cause if you’re in there… | 等一下 |
[28:36] | – 如果你在里面… – 我就爬出来 | |
[28:38] | I’ll just climb out. I got stuck in one of these once with a bull. | |
[28:39] | 我之前被困在这过 | |
[28:40] | Why don’t you just pull it out? | – 你为什么不把它拉出来? – 这样更容易 |
[28:43] | – It’s easier to do this. – It wasn’t a very big bull. | 那不是一头大公牛吗? |
[28:44] | [upbeat music continues] | |
[28:53] | Now, what we’ve got here is a scrotum and nothing else. | 这儿长了个阴囊 没有别的 |
[28:58] | Uh-oh! Shit! | |
[28:59] | 该死的 | |
[29:05] | [Jeremy] Oh, it’s free. Thank God for that. | 它的头出来了 谢天谢地 |
[29:07] | [upbeat music] | |
[29:12] | [he groans] | |
[29:14] | [Kaleb] Do you want me to do it? | – 你想让我去做吗? – 不 |
[29:16] | No. | |
[29:17] | Watch this now. | 现在看这个 |
[29:24] | [Kaleb] Fuck’s sake. | 什么玩意啊 |
[29:28] | [Jeremy] When I did get a spare moment… | 当我有空的时候 |
[29:29] | This is a period of high volatility… | 一段非常高的… |
[29:31] | Charlie always made sure he was there to fill it. | 查理总是会来占用我的时间 |
[29:35] | [Charlie] There’s some key figures in there, specifics. | 有一些关键数字、细节 都归结于产量 |
[29:37] | That’s all down to yield. | |
[29:39] | So that’s the net margin, the whole farm. | 这就是农场的净利润 |
[29:41] | What do you mean, “margin”? | – 什么意思 利润? – 你的回报率是百分之0.75 |
[29:42] | Your return is point seven-five of a percent. | |
[29:45] | Because your costs have changed very little. So why… | 因为你的成本变化很小 那个… |
[29:49] | Basically, the dark blue line is 2021. So this shows… | 深蓝线是2021年的数据 |
[29:52] | Yes. | – 所以这表明… – 是的 |
[29:54] | So this is this harvest, the dark line. | 这就是这次的收获 黑色线 |
[29:57] | The mainstay of the rotation | 农场流水的支柱作物是小麦和油籽耙 |
[29:58] | obviously is we’ve got wheat and oilseed rape… | |
[30:02] | The costs are about the same, | 费用差不多 |
[30:04] | but that extra production has gone straight to the bottom line. | 但增产的那部分已经达到了底线 |
[30:06] | We need to look at the detail. | 我们需要看看细节 |
[30:08] | Sorry. Oh, God. Fuck it. | – 最糟糕的是… – 我给你看 |
[30:10] | 天啊 真该死 | |
[30:12] | I have that effect on all my clients. | – 你已经听不下去了 – 不 |
[30:13] | No, you don’t. I’m just knackered. Farming is wearing me out. | 我只是筋疲力尽了 |
[30:15] | 务农让我筋疲力尽 | |
[30:17] | [sighs] | |
[30:20] | [Jeremy] On top of the work pressure, | 除了工作压力 |
[30:22] | our little Diddly Squat world was now under the glare of public scrutiny, | 我们小小的迪丽斯库阿特世界 现在接受公众的监督 |
[30:27] | with my activities the subject of national debate. | 还有我的活动 全国辩论的主题 |
[30:31] | [radio host] Karla in the North Cotswolds isn’t far away. | 住在不远的北科茨沃尔德的卡拉说 |
[30:34] | And she says: “This is not the first time | 在克拉克森炸毁他的房子后 |
[30:35] | Clarkson has had to placate the locals, especially when he blew up his house. | 这不是他第一次不得不安抚当地人 |
[30:39] | People are blocking what was once a quiet village | 人们涌入曾经安静的村庄 |
[30:42] | that is not designed for so much traffic. | 这里不是为如此多的人流而设计的 人们要等几个小时才能进去 |
[30:44] | People wait for hours to get in. | |
[30:46] | They do not respect the area.” | 他们不尊重这个地区 |
[30:48] | – That is the case against. – [Jeremy] Jesus! | 反对的就是这种情况 |
[30:50] | Let’s hear from Julie, who’s in Scarborough. | 让我们听听 来自斯卡伯勒的朱莉吉布的看法 |
[30:53] | [Julie] Good afternoon, Jeremy. | 下午好 杰里米 |
[30:54] | We’ve been on holiday this week in the Cotswolds. | 我们最近在科茨沃尔德度假 |
[30:56] | We drove past and saw all the cars… | 我们开车经过 看到所有的奶牛… |
[30:59] | [soft music] | |
[31:11] | [Jeremy] With all this going on, | 因为这一切 |
[31:12] | all I wanted to do was hide myself away in the fields. | 我只想躲在田野里 |
[31:18] | So I did. | 于是我便这么做了 |
[31:22] | [Jeremy] I love this part of the day. Heading out in the tractor. | 我喜欢这个时段开着拖拉机出门 |
[31:26] | It’s just so peaceful. | 如此宁静 |
[31:32] | You know at the end of Forrest Gump, | 你们知道《阿甘正传》的结局 当福雷斯特开着割草机 |
[31:34] | when Forrest is on his little ride-on mower doing the village green | |
[31:37] | 穿过阿拉巴马州格林顿绿色村庄时 | |
[31:38] | [with a Southern American accent] in Greenbow, Alabama? | |
[31:40] | That’s how I feel here. | 我现在和他的感受一样 |
[31:43] | All those adventures I’ve had in my life, and yet… | 我一生中经历过那么多的冒险 |
[31:46] | 但最后 | |
[31:48] | I’ve ended up doing this! | 我却来干这个 |
[31:52] | And I love it. I just love it! | 而我喜欢这份工作 我喜欢 |
[31:58] | Kaleb needs to give this a damned good soaking | 卡莱布需要用除草剂泡一下这个 |
[32:01] | with the weed killer, he really does. | |
[32:02] | 他真的有必要 | |
[32:03] | ‘Cause I think spring barley’s going in this field this year, | 因为我想今年在这里播种春大麦 |
[32:06] | which is important, | 这很重要 |
[32:08] | because that’s gonna be used to make our… | 因为我们要用大麦做我们的大… |
[32:10] | – [crash] – Fucking hell. | 该死的 |
[32:15] | I hit the telegraph pole. Shit, shit, shit. | 我撞到了电线杆 |
[32:16] | 该死的! | |
[32:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:24] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[32:30] | [sighs] | |
[32:32] | I’ve broken it. | 我把它弄坏了 |
[32:35] | That whole… | 整个…都折弯了 |
[32:36] | that’s all been bent back. | |
[32:37] | You can see those are now pointing… They should be… | 你们可以看到这些朝向…它们应该… |
[32:40] | And I’ve broken that one. | 我把这个弄断了 |
[32:43] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[32:47] | I mean, why have they put a telegraph pole there? | 他们为什么要把电线杆放在这? |
[32:50] | [Jeremy] There was only one way this situation could get any worse. | 只有一种办法 能让目前的情况变得更糟 |
[33:04] | [Kaleb] Fuck! | 该死的 |
[33:07] | – Were you on your phone? – No. | – 你把你的玩意毁了? – 没有 |
[33:13] | You fucked up big time now. | 你彻底搞砸了 |
[33:16] | – Fucking hell! – I did that one as well. | – 该死的 – 我把那个也弄断了 |
[33:23] | You’re such a muppet! | 你真是个傻瓜 |
[33:25] | Every time! | 每次都搞砸 |
[33:27] | I know, I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[33:29] | If we straighten that out it’s just gonna come off, isn’t it? | 如果我们把它弄直 它就会断掉 不是吗? |
[33:32] | It will just snap off. You need to straighten the whole thing out. | 是的 你需要把整个一起弄直 |
[33:35] | It’ll probably be better to cut it off and re-weld it back on. | 切断 然后重新焊接 |
[33:37] | – [Jeremy] How good are you at welding? – [Kaleb] You’re sorting it out. | 你的焊接技术怎么样? |
[33:39] | 你要解决这个事 | |
[33:40] | – What? – You’re sorting that out. I can’t weld! | – 什么?我不会焊接 – 你要解决这个事 |
[33:42] | But you’re sorting that out. | 你要解决这个事 |
[33:44] | Jesus! Look how well… I’ve done all this this morning. | 天啊 |
[33:45] | 我今天把这片的活都干了 | |
[33:47] | I’ve already done half the field! | 我之前就已经干完半块地了 |
[33:49] | – You haven’t! – I have! | – 你没有 – 我有 |
[33:50] | You have not done this field. | 你没有跑这边 |
[33:52] | I have! I’ve done half the field. | 我有 我已经完成了一半 |
[33:55] | Why didn’t you tell me you had? | – 你之前为什么不告诉我? – 因为这很明显 |
[33:57] | It’s obvious. You come out here and look: half the field’s done! | 一半的地已经完成了 |
[33:59] | – You can see… – I couldn’t see that. | 好吧 我没看出来 |
[34:01] | – You couldn’t see the difference? – No. | – 你看不出区别吗? – 看不出 |
[34:06] | [Jeremy] We then discussed the electricity board’s damaged pole. | 后来我们讨论了 配电板的电线杆损坏问题 |
[34:10] | You betta ring ’em up and tell ’em. | 你最好给他打电话 告诉他们 |
[34:12] | – They just renewed all these. – I know they have. | – 他们刚翻新了这些 – 我知道他们刚翻新 |
[34:15] | Why don’t we just ignore it? | 我们为什么不忽略这件事呢? |
[34:18] | It’s only superficial. It’s done more damage… | 它造成的破坏更严重… |
[34:20] | I might ring them up and tell them they owe me for a new disc. | 我可能会打电话给他们 告诉他们 他们欠我一个新耙犁 |
[34:23] | “You put a telegraph pole in the middle of my field | 你们把电线杆插在我的地里 |
[34:25] | and I’m that stupid, I can’t go round it, so therefore now you owe–“ | 我太笨了 我没能绕过它 |
[34:27] | 当时真的有雾 我没看到它 | |
[34:29] | It was really foggy. I couldn’t see it. | |
[34:31] | [Jeremy] Shit. | 该死的 |
[34:32] | [Jeremy] I thought at this point my humiliation was complete. | 我以为此时我的屈辱时刻已经结束了 |
[34:36] | But apparently not. | 但显然没有 |
[34:38] | Hi. | 你好 请问有什么问题? |
[34:40] | – [Charlie] What’s the problem? – [Kaleb] Tell him the problem, Jeremy. | |
[34:41] | 告诉他是什么问题 杰里米 | |
[34:44] | [sighs] I’ve had an accident. | 我出了事故 |
[34:46] | [Charlie] Bloody hell. | 该死的 |
[34:48] | – I mean, you’ve ripped it off! – [Jeremy] Yeah. | 你把它弄折了 |
[34:50] | 是的 | |
[34:51] | [Kaleb] You wrote the machine off! | 把机器完全弄坏了 |
[34:53] | [Charlie] The problem is, | 问题是这不是我们的机器 |
[34:55] | this isn’t ours. | |
[34:58] | It’s only on… This is a demonstrator. | 这只是在… |
[35:00] | 这是一个展示品 | |
[35:03] | So… | 所以… |
[35:05] | OK. | 好的 |
[35:06] | How much is this thing? | – 这东西多少钱? – 两万英镑 |
[35:08] | – [Charlie] Twenty thousand quid. – [Jeremy] Oh for fuck’s sake. | |
[35:09] | 老天啊 | |
[35:14] | [cockerel crowing] | |
[35:17] | [“Can’t You See” by The Marshall Tucker Band playing] | |
[35:27] | [Jeremy] With the old cultivator brought out of retirement, | 随着那台旧的耕耘机退役 |
[35:31] | we eventually got the job done. | 我们最后也完成了工作 |
[35:33] | [music continues] | |
[35:40] | Then we fired up the drill… | 然后我们启用了钻头 |
[35:42] | Right, here we go. | 好的 开始 |
[35:44] | [Jeremy] And set about getting the seeds in the ground. | 把种子播种到地里 |
[35:47] | [music continues] | |
[35:57] | Accompanied, as ever, by the traditional radio exchanges. | 仍然使用传统的无线电交流 |
[36:02] | [Jeremy] Now it’s changed. | 现在变了 这只是一台拖拉机 |
[36:03] | The tractor zero-kilometre-an-hour thing | |
[36:05] | 时速零公里 指示灯在向我闪烁 | |
[36:06] | is flashing at me. | |
[36:08] | You’ve knocked your fan out, haven’t you? | 你把风扇弄坏了 是吗? |
[36:10] | How the fuck can I have done that? | 怎么会这样?我没有碰任何按钮 |
[36:12] | I haven’t touched any buttons. | |
[36:13] | – Where’s the fan button? – [Kaleb grunts] | 风扇按钮在哪里? |
[36:16] | [music continues] | |
[36:24] | [Jeremy] The weather held, and a few busy days later | 天气还是一样好 忙碌了几天后 |
[36:28] | all the crops were in the ground. | 所有的庄稼都在地里了 |
[36:34] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[36:35] | Only one telegraph pole mildly damaged and… | 因为只有一根电线杆轻微受损 |
[36:38] | – Yeah, that wasn’t me. – I know. That was me. | – 那不是我干的 – 是的 我知道 是我干的 |
[36:44] | [Jeremy] Then it was time for a Sunday lunch meeting with Charlie, | 接着是周日与查理共进午餐 |
[36:48] | who had finally finished the restaurant application. | 他终于完成了餐厅营业申请 |
[36:54] | Think about this. | 想想这个 |
[36:56] | Everything on that plate was grown at Diddly Squat. | 盘子里装的所有食物 都是在迪丽斯库阿特种出来的 |
[37:00] | The lamb, the carrots, the potatoes, | 羊肉、胡萝卜、土豆 |
[37:03] | the beetroot, the flour for the gravy. | 甜菜根、肉汁用面粉、泉水 |
[37:07] | That’s spring water. | |
[37:08] | So that’s what the restaurant is all about. | 这就是餐厅的全部意义 |
[37:11] | And that’s what makes it so exciting. Because, genuinely, it can be done. | 这就是它让人兴奋的原因 因为它真的可以做到这点 |
[37:15] | – Is this the business plan? – This is the business plan. | – 这是商业计划吗? – 这是计划 |
[37:18] | And you’ve done it on two sides of the paper, which is eco-friendly. | 双面打印 为了环保 |
[37:21] | – And it’s recycled paper. – Of course it is. | – 是再生纸 – 当然 |
[37:24] | [Jeremy] They must be getting loads of these from farmers saying | 他们一定是从农民那收到了很多 |
[37:27] | “We’ve got to do some changes.” There’s a lot of requirement for diversification going in. | 有很多关于多元化的要求 |
[37:30] | But that’s the need. | 但这就是刚需 |
[37:32] | You are going to lose £82,000 worth of subsidy. | 你将失去八万两千英镑的补贴 |
[37:36] | We’ve gotta try and fill the gap. | 我们必须努力填补这个缺口 |
[37:38] | This is why we’re doing it. | 这就是我们做这件事的原因 |
[37:40] | – And that’s going today? – Today. | – 今天就是这样 – 是的 |
[37:42] | I mean, if we don’t… If we don’t get planning permission, | 不 如果我们没有获得规划许可 |
[37:46] | I’m left up a gum tree, | 我将被挂在一棵胶树上 一棵真正的粘性胶树上 |
[37:48] | – a proper sticky gum tree. – I know. | |
[37:51] | ‘Cause I’m left with a load of stuff and nowhere that I can sell it | – 我知道 – 因为我还有一大堆东西 |
[37:54] | 我无处可卖 几乎赚不到什么钱 | |
[37:56] | at anything approximating to a profit. | |
[37:58] | – Correct. – Everything’s ready to go, | – 对 – 一切准备就绪 |
[38:00] | I just need West Oxfordshire District Council to say | 我只需要西牛津郡地区议会的 一句“好主意” |
[38:04] | “Good idea.” | |
[38:06] | [upbeat music] | |
[38:09] | [Jeremy] While the fate of the farm was being discussed here, | 在当地的官僚主义大本营 |
[38:12] | in the local red-tape factory… | 讨论农场的命运时… |
[38:15] | 西牛津郡地区议会 | |
[38:17] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[38:18] | [Jeremy] …I had to turn my attention back to the cows, | 我不得不把注意力转回到奶牛身上 |
[38:21] | which every night were facing a deadly threat. | 它们每晚都面临着致命的威胁 |
[38:26] | [intriguing music] | |
[38:38] | [ominous music] | |
[38:41] | 下一集 | |
[38:43] | – [engine revving] – Fucking hell! | 该死的 |
[38:46] | – You can’t shoot them. – No. | – 我们不能射杀它们? – 不行 |
[38:47] | – Or gas them. – No. | – 或者用毒气? – 不行 |
[38:48] | – Or fill in their holes. – No. | – 或者填了它们的洞? – 不行 |
[38:50] | [woman] If you get TB | 如果染上结核病 你的农场就要关门大吉了 |
[38:52] | your farm is virtually shut down. | |
[38:56] | Shit. | 该死的 |
[38:57] | 结果呈阳性 | |
[38:59] | [theme music playing] | |
[39:29] | 创意监督 : 杨婕 |