时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | [opening theme music playing] | |
[00:13] | [Jeremy] It’s peak summer | 正值盛夏 |
[00:14] | and a normal day on the farm now looks like this. | 现在农场的一天是这样的 |
[00:18] | [rock music playing] | |
[00:21] | I get up at 6:30 and after a hit of coffee, | 我早上6点半起床 喝一小杯咖啡之后 |
[00:25] | set off to let the hens out of their houses. | 出发去让母鸡出鸡舍 |
[00:28] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[00:29] | On the way back, I pick some mushrooms for my lunch. | 回来的路上 我为午饭采一些蘑菇 |
[00:32] | And then it’s off to feed the fish. | 然后去喂鱼 上午8点45分 |
[00:37] | Back at home, I start work on the tomato sauce recipe | 回到家 我开始研究番茄酱菜谱 |
[00:41] | I’m working on for the farm shop. | 这是为农用商店准备的 |
[00:43] | I add a few chilies and some fresh coriander | 我加了点辣椒和一些新鲜的香菜 |
[00:46] | and leave it on a low heat to simmer… | 然后小火慢炖 |
[00:49] | while I mend a fence that the hunt says | 而此时我去修补了猎狐队声称不是他们在冬天撞倒的围栏 |
[00:51] | it didn’t knock over back in the winter. | 上午10点20分 |
[00:55] | I then mow the wildflowers I sowed | 然后我把自己种下的野花锄掉了 |
[00:57] | because that’s what all gardeners do, | 因为所有园丁都会这么做 |
[00:59] | wait till the plants are looking at their best | 等到植物长到最好的时候 |
[01:01] | and then prune them, so they don’t look so good anymore. | 再来修剪它们 让它们看起来没那么好 |
[01:06] | After this, I pick some vegetables for Lisa to sell | 然后我收了一些蔬菜给丽莎 |
[01:09] | to some customers we have in Atlanta, | 卖给我们在亚特兰大的一些客户 |
[01:11] | and I’ve even found a patch of rhubarb, so I pick that, too. | 我甚至找到一小片大黄 也被我拔回来了 |
[01:16] | And I rush it to the shop. | 然后我赶到店里 |
[01:18] | This is the rhubarb that needs washing. | 这是需要清洗的大黄 |
[01:20] | Where I throw away all the stuff I’d picked the day before, | 我把前一天收来的东西都扔了 |
[01:24] | because it doesn’t sell, because no one | 因为卖出不去 |
[01:25] | likes vegetables these days. | 因为现在没人喜欢蔬菜了 |
[01:27] | [country music playing] [horn honks] | 上午11点50分 |
[01:38] | I then stir the tomato sauce | 去照看蜜蜂之前 |
[01:41] | before heading out to check on the bees. | 我又搅了搅番茄酱 |
[01:44] | Come on, off you go. | 好了 走吧 |
[01:47] | And the sheep, and the lambs. | 还有绵羊和羊羔 |
[01:50] | And then I begin the big job of the day. | 随后 我开始了今天的重要工作 |
[01:53] | There’s always one. | 重要工作只有一个 |
[01:55] | Today, I’ve gotta clear all the straw | 今天 |
[01:57] | and the sheep feces out of the barn. | 我要把谷仓里的稻草和羊粪都清出去 |
[01:59] | But as I don’t have a bucket for the front of the tractor, | 但因为我没有能挂在拖拉机前面的桶 |
[02:03] | I have to ask Kaleb to get the snowplow out of the other barn. | 我得让卡勒布从另一个谷仓里把扫雪机找来 |
[02:06] | Why can’t you do it? | -你为什么不能自己搞? |
[02:07] | Because the Lamborghini won’t fit in here. | -兰博基尼开不进来 |
[02:10] | Right away, I could tell he wasn’t happy, | 我马上发现他不开心了 |
[02:12] | because he thinks my tractor’s too complicated. | 因为他觉得我的拖拉机太复杂了 |
[02:15] | Your tractor’s crap. | 你的拖拉机真烂 |
[02:17] | And then, when I’m having the mushrooms, | 后来 |
[02:20] | which I’d picked earlier | 我正吃着早先采来的蘑菇 |
[02:21] | and cooked in a cream sauce and served on sourdough toast, | 配奶油汁和酵母面包 |
[02:24] | with some parsley from the garden… | 以及花园里摘来的欧芹 |
[02:26] | [cell phone rings] …I get a call from my associates | 这时接到了我的伙伴们的电话 |
[02:28] | who say that the sheep have escaped and are on the road. | 说是羊群逃到路上去了 |
[02:32] | [rock music playing] | |
[02:33] | So, I drive over there to find the sheep haven’t escaped. | 于是我开车过去 发现羊并没有逃跑 |
[02:38] | But at least the plow is now fitted | 但至少现在雪铲已经装在拖拉机前面了 |
[02:40] | to the front of the tractor, | |
[02:42] | so I head to the lambing barn and straightaway, | 于是我前往小羊出生住的谷仓 |
[02:44] | I discovered it wouldn’t fit in there either. | 马上发现开不进去 |
[02:47] | -[thud] -Oh, shit. | 哦 该死 |
[02:50] | I then fit an 80-year-old deathtrap | 然后我找来一个有80年历史的高危器具 |
[02:52] | to the back of Lisa’s tractor and use that instead. | 挂在丽莎的拖拉机后面 用它来清扫 下午6点25分 |
[02:58] | It’s getting late now, so I rush home | 不早了 |
[02:59] | to add some seasoning to the tomato sauce, | 我赶紧回家给番茄酱加点调料 |
[03:02] | before heading out to feed the fish again, | 之后还要去喂鱼和收蛋 |
[03:06] | and collect the eggs. | |
[03:08] | And then I hit the sack, knowing that soon… | 然后我就睡觉了 我知道 很快… |
[03:13] | things are gonna get really busy. | 就要非常忙碌了 |
[03:18] | [country music playing] | 第八章 收获 |
[03:30] | One of the extra jobs in our new busier lives | 我们忙碌的新生活的额外工作之一 |
[03:32] | was doing a daily moisture test of the crops. | 就是每日检测庄稼的湿度 |
[03:37] | And with Charlie on holiday, that task fell to Kaleb and me. | 查理休假了 这项工作就落在了我和卡勒布身上 |
[03:42] | -Now, a seasoned old farmer… -[Kaleb] Yeah. | -一个有经验的老农民… -是 |
[03:45] | …can tell how moisture is in the pod | …咬一口就知道种荚的湿度 |
[03:48] | just by biting it, can’t they? | 是不是? |
[03:49] | Yeah, they go like this. | 是的 |
[03:51] | They open it up, I’ve seen them do it. | 他们会这样做 我见过 |
[03:53] | They open it up, they’re very serious when they do it. | 他们把这里打开 做的时候非常严肃 |
[03:55] | Go like that and they go… | 像这样 然后… |
[03:59] | “That’s 12.” | “是12” |
[04:00] | -And they’re right. I mean, they know? | -他们说的是对的 |
[04:02] | -Yeah, absolutely. | 是不是? -没错 |
[04:03] | But I can’t do that, ’cause I’m not a seasoned old farmer. | 我做不到 因为我不是个有经验的老农民 |
[04:06] | -No. | -不是 -你也做不到 因为你是毛头小子 |
[04:07] | -And you can’t, ’cause you’re a fetus. | -不是 -你也做不到 因为你是毛头小子 |
[04:09] | So, we’ve got the machine. | 所以我们拿来了仪器 |
[04:10] | [Kaleb] You ever used one of these? | 你用过吗? |
[04:12] | Uh… let me think. | 我来想想 |
[04:14] | [Kaleb] See that bit there, look, | 看这里 |
[04:16] | we wanna fill that with rape. | 我们要在这里装满油菜籽 |
[04:21] | [Jeremy] Fill it? | 装满? |
[04:22] | Can we have a caption now, saying, “Several hours later”? | 现在能不能加一条“几个小时后”的字幕? 几个小时后… |
[04:31] | You got a bit more? | 还有一点? |
[04:35] | And you do that, look. And then… | 然后这样 看 然后… |
[04:38] | [Jeremy] So, if this says less than six, | 如果这个显示小于六 |
[04:40] | we’re in deep trouble, we can’t harvest it. | 我们就有大麻烦了 不能收割 |
[04:43] | -Yeah. -If it’s more than… | -是的 -如果超过… |
[04:44] | -Nine. -…nine. | -九 -…九 |
[04:46] | It’s too wet and they won’t take it. | 太湿了也不行 |
[04:48] | Are you ready? Right, it’s testing. | 准备好了吗?好 |
[04:51] | -Dun, dun, dun. -[beep] | 检测中 |
[04:53] | [Jeremy] So, that’s… | 湿度是8% |
[04:55] | -[Kaleb] Eight. -…eight percent moisture, which means? | 也就是说? |
[04:57] | We’re perfect, we need to get out here. | 正好 可以离开土地了 |
[05:01] | Let’s do this! | 收割吧! |
[05:02] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[05:04] | But, actually, we couldn’t do this. | 但其实我们不能 |
[05:08] | To harvest the rape, | 收割油菜需要联合收割机 |
[05:10] | I need a combine harvester, and I haven’t got one | 而我没有 |
[05:14] | because they’re a quarter of a million pounds, | 因为它价值二十五万英镑 |
[05:16] | so I’m gonna have to rent one. | 我得租一台 |
[05:19] | And the trouble is that every other farmer in the area | 问题是这一带所有其他农民 |
[05:22] | will have been out this morning | 今早都会来田里测湿度 |
[05:23] | in the fields, testing the moisture | |
[05:25] | and they’ll all be coming to the same conclusions | 他们都会得出相同的结论 |
[05:28] | and they’ll be trying to rent one as well. | 也就都会来租联合收割机 |
[05:34] | Back at the office, my worst fears were realized. | 回到办公室 我最大的担心应验了 |
[05:39] | Three days? | 三天? |
[05:41] | You can’t do anything before that? | 在此之前没有任何办法? |
[05:42] | No, no, I’ve got his number. | 不 |
[05:44] | [sighs] | 我有他电话 |
[05:46] | Yep, you’ve guessed correctly. | 是 你猜得对 |
[05:48] | No, I know. | 不 |
[05:50] | [sighs] | 我知道 |
[05:52] | He’s doing his own… He’s doing his own farm first. | 他要先收割自己的庄稼 |
[05:57] | All right, okay, no, thanks for your time. | 好吧 |
[06:00] | [sighs] | 不 |
[06:03] | [dramatic music playing] | 谢谢你 |
[06:05] | I went outside and wherever I looked, | 我走出门 |
[06:08] | there was a glaring reminder | 环顾四周 各处的景色都在提醒我 |
[06:10] | that I really was the new boy on the block. | 在这里我真的是个新人 |
[06:14] | Look, there’s a combine there and there. | 看 那里和那里都有联合收割机 |
[06:19] | Yeah, there’s another. | 是的 又有一台 |
[06:21] | Every farm’s got a combine on it. | 每个农场上都有联合收割机 |
[06:24] | [dramatic music playing] | 到了傍晚 |
[06:26] | By late afternoon, I’d got nowhere. 37, 42… | 我还是一筹莫展 |
[06:32] | But then Kaleb hit the jackpot | 但随后卡勒布成功找到一个伙计 |
[06:34] | with a mate of his I shall call “Jesus.” | 我得叫他“救世主” |
[06:37] | Even though his real name is Simon. | 不过他的真名叫西蒙 |
[06:40] | -…this afternoon. -If it comes down, I’ll try– I’ve only got two fields left to do, | 如果要过来…我只剩两片田要收割 |
[06:44] | so ideally, I can get mine done this evening. | 所以理想情况下 我的田可以在今晚收完 |
[06:46] | [Kaleb] Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:48] | And then get up to you, sort of like, tomorrow. | 然后明天来你们这儿 |
[06:50] | Tomorrow, and then we can start cutting. | 之后就可以开始收割了 |
[06:52] | [country music playing] | |
[06:54] | [Jeremy] The next morning, | 第二天早上 |
[06:57] | with the combine sorted, it was action stations. | 解决了收割机的问题 一切准备就绪 |
[07:01] | -This is perfect. -Yeah, look at the day. | -完美 -是啊 看看这天气 |
[07:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:04] | [country music playing] | |
[07:08] | Right, the tractors are gonna be coming through here all day, | 拖拉机一整天都要来回穿梭 |
[07:10] | so I’m gonna try and move this gatepost to make life easier. | 我想试试把门柱移走 |
[07:14] | [grunts] | 好方便一点 |
[07:17] | It is quite a– Yeah, that’s what I meant. | 有点…是 我就是想这样 |
[07:21] | -I don’t think you did any of that. | -我觉得你刚刚没有要这样做的意思 |
[07:22] | -I did… [breathes heavily] | -我又… |
[07:27] | Right, this is your big day, Lambo. | 好了 今天是你大显身手的日子 兰博基尼 |
[07:30] | This is what we’ve been looking forward to. | 这就是我们期待的日子 |
[07:34] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[07:41] | 8.9. | |
[07:44] | I’m gonna go and hook up. | 我去把它挂上来 |
[07:47] | [Jeremy] After a whole year | 经历了一整年 |
[07:48] | of watching Kaleb attach things to tractors, | 观察卡勒布往拖拉机上挂东西 |
[07:51] | I figured I’d have no problems | 我觉得自己把租来的拖车挂上兰博基尼不成问题 |
[07:53] | hitching my Lambo to a trailer I’d rented. | |
[07:58] | Um… | |
[08:01] | I do that, then that, then not that. | 我这样 |
[08:05] | Um… | 再这样 |
[08:07] | [dramatic music playing] | 不要这样 |
[08:12] | Right, that is definitely not coming out. | 绝对出不来 |
[08:14] | Well, there must be something else I’ve forgotten to do. | 我一定是忘了做什么 |
[08:17] | What have I forgotten? | 我忘了什么呢? |
[08:18] | Um… | |
[08:19] | Not that. | 不是这个 |
[08:21] | There was only one solution. | 只有一个办法 |
[08:24] | Get Kaleb to do it. | 让卡勒布来搞 |
[08:26] | Actually, wait! Wait, wait, whoa! | 其实 等一下!哇! |
[08:30] | Right, you are all set. | 好 都搞好了 |
[08:34] | [Jeremy] With that, we headed off to the farm shop | 搞好之后 我们前往农用商店 |
[08:37] | to rendezvous with Jesus. | 和救世主会合 |
[08:42] | It’s now Friday, twenty to twelve. | 现在是周五11点40分 |
[08:46] | We have a weather front moving in Sunday morning. | 周日早晨将有气象锋到达 |
[08:50] | So, we’ve got to try and do | 我们得把四天的收割工作压缩在一天半内完成 |
[08:51] | four days’ harvesting in a day and a half. | |
[08:57] | This could be a long day. | 今天会是漫长的一天 |
[08:58] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[09:07] | Me aircon stopped working. | 我的空调不工作了 |
[09:10] | And I’m too tight to get it fixed at the minute. | 我目前手头紧 没钱修 |
[09:12] | It’s either there, or there. | 调整一下风向 |
[09:15] | That’s nice there. | 这样不错 好 |
[09:18] | [tense music playing] | 根本没货农用商店 这边 |
[09:25] | So, we’re going all night tonight probably, yeah. | 看来今晚要通宵了 |
[09:30] | In there, there’s some toilet roll. | 里面有一些卷纸 |
[09:32] | All right, if you get short, let me know, all right? | 要是不够了就跟我说 好吗? |
[09:35] | -You’ve actually brought bog roll? | -你真的带厕纸来了? |
[09:37] | -Yeah. | -是的 |
[09:38] | Wouldn’t be the first time I get caught out. | 我不是第一次遇到没厕纸的情况了 |
[09:41] | Look! | 看! |
[09:43] | We have a combine harvester. | 我们的联合收割机来了 |
[09:45] | [country music playing] | |
[09:50] | It’s here. | 来了 |
[09:54] | -That’s Simon. -[Kaleb] That’s Simon. | -那是西蒙 |
[10:05] | [harvester beeping] | -那是西蒙 |
[10:09] | Has he briefed you on how to do this? | 他跟你说过怎么做了吗?我们要边做边教吗? |
[10:10] | Are we doing this on the move? -Unloading on the move? -[all] Yeah. | 对 |
[10:14] | [Jeremy] We then discussed an issue | 然后我们讨论了一个带来更多压力的问题 |
[10:16] | that would add yet more pressure. | |
[10:18] | This is an unusual year for the barley and the rape | 今年很反常 大麦和油菜 |
[10:22] | to be ready at exactly the same time. | 同时处于可收割状态 |
[10:24] | -Yes, very. -Very unusual. | -是的 |
[10:26] | -Almost unique, I would say. | 可以说前所未见 -极其反常 |
[10:27] | Normally, the barley’s ready much– | -通常大麦的可收割时间… |
[10:29] | Normally ready two or three weeks earlier, yeah. | -会早两到三周 是的 |
[10:32] | -[Jeremy] And then the rape’s… -[Simon] Yeah. | -然后油菜… -对 |
[10:33] | -…it’s just that dry spring then? -[Simon] Yes. | -都是因为春季的干旱? |
[10:40] | [engine whirring] [classical music playing] | -是的 |
[10:52] | [Jeremy] Here it comes. | 来了 |
[11:02] | [Kaleb] And we’re away. | 我们开始了 |
[11:09] | My first harvest. | 我的第一次收割 |
[11:14] | They are bloody clever, combines, aren’t they? | 联合收割机太聪明了吧? |
[11:17] | [Kaleb] They’re wicked. | 棒极了 |
[11:18] | You’re right, I mean, to be able to chop the thing, | 你说得对 要割下庄稼 |
[11:20] | open the pod, take those tiny– | 打开种荚 把小小的… |
[11:23] | That massive machine take those tiny seeds out and go, | 那么大的机器取出这么小的菜籽 |
[11:26] | “Don’t need that, don’t need that, | “这个不要 |
[11:27] | don’t need that. But do need that.” | 那个留下” |
[11:30] | And it measures how much seed is taken out. | 它还能测量收获了多少菜籽 |
[11:33] | It’s just– Oh, farming is amazing, isn’t it? | 这太…农业太神奇了吧? |
[11:37] | Adrenaline’s buzzing, I am buzzing. | 肾上腺素在分泌 我也很兴奋 |
[11:39] | You know, come three ‘clock tonight, | 夜里3点 |
[11:40] | in the morning, I’ll be still going. | 我还会在工作 |
[11:43] | You’re gonna be hanging. | 你到时肯定困翻了 |
[11:45] | [gentle music playing] | |
[11:47] | [Jeremy] When the combine was close to full, | 收割机快满的时候 |
[11:51] | Kaleb maneuvered into position. | 卡勒布出发就位 |
[11:58] | Okay, hold it about there. | 好 差不多保持在那边 |
[12:03] | That’s the first lot coming out. | 这是第一车出货 |
[12:05] | [Western-style music playing] | |
[12:09] | And once he’d filled up | 等他接好收割机的两批装载… |
[12:10] | with two payloads from the combine… | |
[12:19] | he headed to the barn to unload. | 就要前往谷仓卸货 |
[12:24] | And whilst he was grappling with my 19th-century trailer… | 在他被我的19世纪拖车折磨时… |
[12:29] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[12:34] | …I was psyching myself up for my first run. | …我在为第一次尝试做心理准备 |
[12:39] | I’m just hanging back. | 我就跟在后面 |
[12:43] | His yellow light is on, | 他的黄灯亮了 |
[12:45] | that tells me its tank is 80% full. | 告诉我容器已经80%满了 |
[12:48] | I’m underway. This is the moment. | 我来了 就是现在了 |
[12:55] | I’m coming in now, coming in. | 我马上来 |
[12:57] | Not hot, no, not coming in hot. | 不能快 |
[13:00] | [dramatic music playing] | 不能太快 |
[13:05] | I’m gonna go back further. Further back, further back. | 要再往后一点 再往后 |
[13:09] | Oh, that’s right, I’m filling the back first, that’s it. | 对 我先装满后面 |
[13:12] | I need one eye there and one eye there, to see where I’m going. | 我要一边看这里 一边看那里 |
[13:15] | I need to be a pigeon. | 我得是只鸽子才能做到 |
[13:17] | [Simon over walkie-talkie] It’s off. | 错位了 哦 |
[13:18] | [Jeremy] Oh, no, I’ve stopped. | 不 我停下了 |
[13:21] | [Simon] Keep going. | 继续开 |
[13:22] | [Jeremy] I can’t do it. Oh, no. | 我不行 哦 不 |
[13:25] | I need to be at the front, I need to be at the front. | 我得在前面 |
[13:27] | Wait a minute, what do I need to do? Slow down. | 等等 我要怎么办?慢一点 |
[13:31] | [Simon] Ready, steady, steady, go. | 准备 稳住… |
[13:33] | [Jeremy] Oh, no, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. | 哦 不 该死 |
[13:37] | Well done, you got most of that in the middle. | 做得好 大部分都落在中间了 |
[13:40] | [Jeremy over walkie-talkie] Jesus, that’s difficult. | 天啊 好难! |
[13:44] | Everything’s reversed, so if I’m looking here, | 全都是反的 如果我看这边 |
[13:46] | over my shoulder and I think, “Oh, no, it’s at the back,” | 看肩膀后面 心想:“在后面” |
[13:49] | I have to slow down. | 我得减速 |
[13:52] | When it’s at the back, slow down. | 如果在后面 减速 |
[13:55] | When it’s at the front, speed up. | 如果在前面 |
[13:58] | [country music playing] | 加速 |
[14:01] | Happily, on my next run there was no onanism. | 好在第二趟我就没有磕磕绊绊了 |
[14:05] | It all went well. | 一切顺利 |
[14:07] | All these racing drivers talk about precision driving, | 这些赛车手总在说精准驾驶 |
[14:10] | they do not know what the words mean. | 他们根本不知道那是什么意思 |
[14:17] | I then rushed off to unload my cargo, | 然后我赶去卸货 |
[14:19] | fully aware that having complained for years | 我很清楚 多年来我一直抱怨 |
[14:22] | about tractors holding up traffic, | 拖拉机阻塞交通 |
[14:25] | I was now in a tractor holding up traffic. | 如今我就开着一辆拖拉机在阻塞交通 |
[14:30] | You should all have stopped at the farm shop, | 你们都应该去农用商店逛一逛 |
[14:32] | then you wouldn’t be stuck here, would you? Mmm. | 这样就不用堵在这儿了 |
[14:36] | Back at the farm, it was | 对吧? |
[14:38] | imperative I got the seed unloaded quickly, | 回到农场 当务之急就是快速把种子卸下 |
[14:40] | so I could get back to the field | 这样才能赶在收割机装满前回到田里 |
[14:43] | before the combine was full again. | |
[14:46] | Lovely. | 很好 |
[14:47] | Then, back up– Wait a minute. If I swing that way. | 然后 倒车…等等 如果我往那边摆 |
[14:53] | Back up… | 倒车… |
[15:03] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:06] | My angle was wrong. | 我角度搞错了 |
[15:11] | If I back up, that way keeps it to the right. | 如果我倒车 那样就会保持在右侧 |
[15:14] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 是这样 |
[15:21] | God. | 天啊 |
[15:23] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Pay attention, Jeremy. | 等等 注意 杰雷米 |
[15:26] | So, if I go that way, keeping the back out. | 如果我往那边 继续倒车 |
[15:33] | Oh, for heaven’s sake, this is just impossible. | 哦 老天 根本不可能啊 |
[15:36] | After a mere six attempts, | 仅仅在六次尝试之后 |
[15:38] | which could easily have been edited out… | 这六次可以很容易地被剪掉 |
[15:42] | the much more modern rented trailer was in. | 这台租来的非常现代化的拖拉机进去了 |
[15:47] | Oh, yes. | 哦 好 |
[15:56] | Oh, shit, shit, shit. | 哦 该死 |
[15:58] | Jesus, that was lucky. I won’t tell Kaleb about that. | 天啊 |
[16:01] | [classical music playing] | 真走运 我可不会跟卡勒布说的 |
[16:05] | With the weather holding, | 天气还撑得住 |
[16:07] | we worked as a team | 我们团队作业 |
[16:08] | to cover as much ground as possible. | 尽可能多收割一些地 |
[16:19] | Right, this field, according to my map here, 54.8 acres, | 对 这片田 我这里的地图显示是332.7亩 |
[16:24] | and if we’d had good weather, | 原本如果天气好的话 |
[16:27] | we could expect £23,500 worth of rape out of it. | 我们应该可以收获价值23500英镑的油菜 |
[16:31] | I don’t think it’ll be that much. | 我觉得现在不会有这么多 |
[16:33] | I’d like to ring Charlie and ask him, but he’s on holiday. | 我想打电话问查理 但他在度假 |
[16:40] | So, we’re doing ten acres an hour | 我们每小时收割60亩 |
[16:43] | and all the Canadians have just fallen off | 所有加拿大人都已经笑掉大牙了 |
[16:45] | their chairs laughing at us. | |
[16:51] | It’s definitely getting rather hot in here. | 这里变得好热 |
[16:53] | Just turn my air conditioning up a bit. | 把我的空调打高一点 |
[16:55] | [laughs] | |
[17:00] | Go that way… | 往那边… |
[17:02] | get that out… | 从那里出来… |
[17:05] | it means I go right, so I wanna be going that way. | 也就是说我往右 我想往那边转 |
[17:11] | Wait, wait, I’m gonna try that again one more time. | 等等 |
[17:14] | [classical music playing] | 我要再试一次 |
[17:19] | Despite the idyllic working conditions, | 尽管工作环境充满田园风情 |
[17:22] | there was a nagging issue on my mind. | 我心中却一直缠绕着一个问题 |
[17:25] | How much seed were we actually harvesting? | 我们到底收割了多少油菜籽? |
[17:29] | [Kaleb over walkie-talkie] What’s it saying | 电脑显示是多少 |
[17:30] | on thecomputer, Simon? | 西蒙? |
[17:32] | The yield monitor on the combine is saying | 出产监控显示 |
[17:34] | it’s running at two and a half ton to the hectare now, | 每公顷2.5吨 |
[17:36] | so that’s a ton to the acre. | 也就是每六亩一吨 |
[17:38] | But what we’re looking for is a ton and a half an acre. | 但我们的预期是每六亩1.5吨 |
[17:41] | [Simon] It’s good in patches. | 分片是这样的结果还可以 |
[17:51] | [classical music ends] | |
[17:57] | 7.3. We’re all right. | 7.3 可以的 |
[17:59] | [Jeremy] So far as I could tell, | 目前在我看来 |
[18:01] | most of what we were harvesting were earwigs. | 我们收获的主要是蠼螋 |
[18:04] | There were thousands of them. | 简直成千上万 |
[18:07] | But I was told this was normal, so we kept on working. | 但我听说这是正常的 于是我们继续收割 |
[18:11] | Right, here we go, coat on. | 好 |
[18:14] | [tense music playing] | 走吧 |
[18:20] | [Simon speaking on walkie-talkie] | 穿上外套 |
[18:21] | The second field I think yielded | 我觉得第二片田的产出比第一片好…肯定的 |
[18:22] | better than the first one…definitely. | |
[18:30] | [Jeremy] Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[18:31] | You kick the back out that way, yes, head it on that way. | 把后面甩到那边 对 朝那边 |
[18:39] | Oh, bloody hell, that’s the wrong way. | 该死 方向错了 |
[18:54] | -[Kaleb] It’s like a tractor meet. | -就像拖拉机开会 |
[18:56] | -[Jeremy] Isn’t it? [Kaleb laughs] | -是吧? |
[18:57] | -So, we’ve done Picket’s Piece. -[Kaleb] Yeah. | -尖木桩地已经收完了 -是的 |
[18:59] | [Jeremy] We’re doing Lower Washpool now. | 现在要去沃士普低地 |
[19:02] | And then we’ve got Bury Hill North, which is 45.7 acres. | 之后去伯里山北 277.4亩 |
[19:05] | [Kaleb] You better get going, Jeremy. | 你该走了 杰雷米 |
[19:07] | -Oh, his light’s on. -[Kaleb] Yeah. | -他的灯亮了 |
[19:09] | [country music playing] [guitar music playing] | -对 |
[19:34] | [Jeremy] The next morning, when we resumed harvesting, | 第二天早上 当我们再次开始收割时 |
[19:38] | my first offload of earwigs was even trickier than normal. | 我的第一趟卸货比平常要更艰难 |
[19:47] | He’s parked his truck in the farmyard. | 他把他的卡车停在农场院子里了 |
[19:52] | There’s something wrong with him. | 他这是什么毛病 |
[20:02] | Right, he won’t be finding that in a hurry. | 他一时半会儿是找不到的 |
[20:06] | [Western-style music playing] | |
[20:09] | However, Kaleb’s annoying | 然而卡勒布乱停车的问题是最微不足道的 |
[20:12] | parking was the least of my problems. | |
[20:14] | Because, unlike yesterday, the sky was overcast | 因为和昨天不同 天空阴沉 |
[20:18] | and that didn’t bode well | 这预示着晨间湿度测试结果不会太好 |
[20:20] | for the mid-morning moisture test. | |
[20:23] | [beep] | |
[20:25] | -Ten. -[Simon] Ten. | -十 -十 |
[20:29] | Yeah. | 好 |
[20:31] | That’s too much. Two percent over. Why has it got wet? | 太多了 超过了两个百分点 为什么变湿了? |
[20:34] | It hasn’t rained. | 没有下雨 |
[20:36] | Is it just moisture in the atmosphere? | 只是因为空气中的水分吗? |
[20:38] | [Kaleb] It’s probably the moisture in the air. | 空气中的水分 |
[20:39] | [Simon] ‘Cause actually, it’s damper now | 因为现在比早上7点时更潮湿 |
[20:41] | than it was at seven o’clock this morning. | |
[20:42] | Yeah, yeah. | |
[20:43] | Well, what do we do? | 我们该怎么办? |
[20:46] | [Jeremy] Happily, there was one thing we could do. | 幸运的是 我们还有一件事可以做 |
[20:49] | Go and test the barley | 去测一测大麦 |
[20:50] | to see if we could harvest that instead. | 看能不能收割 |
[20:56] | -What’s the news, mate? -14.7. | -情况如何 伙计? |
[20:59] | -What’s the limit for that? -15. | -上限是多少? |
[21:01] | -So, it’s good enough to go? -We could go. Yeah. | -可以收割? |
[21:04] | [rock music playing] | -可以 对 |
[21:21] | [Simon over walkie-talkie] Right, | 好 |
[21:21] | I’d say that was pretty successful. | 我觉得挺成功的 |
[21:24] | Oh-hoo. Did you hear that, fetus boy? It was successful. | 听到没 小子?很成功 |
[21:28] | Simon, don’t give him a big head. | 西蒙 别让他太得意 |
[21:33] | [Jeremy] What I’ve got in the trailer right now | 现在我拖车里的东西 |
[21:35] | will keep Wetherspoon’s going for about a year. | 可以维持威瑟斯本酒吧运转大约一年 |
[21:38] | That is beer seeds. | 这些是啤酒种子 |
[21:43] | However, when I got to the barn, | 然而等我到达谷仓 |
[21:45] | I realized I had another problem. | 我意识到了另一个问题 |
[21:49] | All right, what have we got left on rape? | 好吧 还有哪些油菜没收? |
[21:52] | We’ve got about, big field, | 我们的大片田地 |
[21:55] | about 40 or 50 tons of rape still to go. | 大约还有40到50吨油菜籽 |
[22:00] | So, where do I put the barley? | 那大麦要放哪里? |
[22:04] | [phone ringing] | |
[22:06] | Hello. | 喂 |
[22:07] | Where the bloody hell am I gonna store this barley? | 这些大麦要放在哪里? |
[22:10] | Because the barn’s all full, we can’t mix them up, can we? | 因为谷仓都满了 不能混在一起放 是不是? |
[22:13] | No, no, you’ll have to store it up the airfield. | 不能 你要把它放在飞机场 |
[22:17] | That bunker I built, | 我搭的那个稻草堆 |
[22:19] | we can probably store about 400 tons of barley up there. | 那里大约可以放400吨大麦 |
[22:22] | Yeah, but we can’t, ’cause it’s gonna rain. | 但其实不行 因为就快下雨了 |
[22:24] | If it does rain, we can’t just leave it outside, can we? | 如果下雨 大麦不能放在外面 |
[22:26] | No, it will get wet and then they will reject it. | 不行 打湿了他们就不收了 |
[22:29] | You’ll have to just sell it straightaway. | 你需要马上卖掉 |
[22:30] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[22:32] | Well, you can’t store it, | 不能存放 |
[22:34] | you’ll have to just literally dump it up there, | 你必须把它丢在那儿 |
[22:36] | then sell it straightaway. | 然后当场卖掉 |
[22:38] | What, today? | 什么 今天? |
[22:39] | Well, yeah, ideally, today, yes. | 是的 |
[22:41] | [suspenseful music playing] | 最好是今天 |
[22:44] | [Jeremy] Back in the office. | 回到办公室 |
[22:46] | Okay, grain merchants. | 好 谷物收购商 |
[22:49] | Yeah, hi. | 喂 |
[22:50] | Really, I need a wagon today. | 真的 我今天需要来一辆货车 |
[22:53] | So, you can’t help at all? | 所以你确实没办法? |
[22:55] | After a few calls, I finally got a result. | 打了几个电话之后 |
[22:59] | Oh, you’re playing music in my ear. | 我终于等到了结果 那太好了 |
[23:03] | Cheers, bye, bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[23:04] | Wagon on its way. | 货车在来的路上了 |
[23:07] | [country music playing] | |
[23:08] | I then drove to the storage facility that Kaleb had rebuilt | 然后我开车前往卡勒布重建的存放设施 |
[23:12] | after some lockdown agri-yobs had burnt the old one down. | 原先的设施被某些农家小子在疫情封锁期间烧掉了 |
[23:16] | [country music continues] | |
[23:27] | This is like being nine, playing sandcastles. I like it. | 这就像九岁的时候玩沙堡 我喜欢 |
[23:35] | Then, Kaleb arrived with his load. | 然后卡勒布载着他的份来了 |
[23:39] | Followed shortly afterwards by the lorry I’d ordered. | 随后不久 我订的卡车也到了 |
[23:44] | -That is a smart lorry. -[beeping] | 这卡车不错 |
[23:46] | -Will it weigh what we put in there? | -它能装得了我们这里的货吗? -可以 |
[23:48] | -Yeah. | -是吗?太棒了 -是 |
[23:49] | -Will it? Epic. -Yeah. | -是吗?太棒了 -是 |
[23:56] | However, as the loading began, | 然而随着它开始装载 |
[23:59] | I got a terrible hot-neck feeling | 我有一个非常焦灼的感觉 |
[24:02] | as I realized that the grain | 我意识到60亩地出产的粮食 |
[24:03] | from the ten acres we’d harvested | |
[24:05] | would completely fill the lorry. | 会完全装满卡车 |
[24:09] | And we still had 140 acres to go. | 而我们还有850亩地 |
[24:17] | My only hope was that Kaleb wouldn’t notice. | 我唯一的希望就是卡勒布不会发现 |
[24:21] | Twenty lorries you should have organized. | 你应该订20辆卡车 |
[24:23] | -Twenty lorries? -Twenty lorries. | -20辆卡车? -20辆卡车 |
[24:24] | They should have been coming back and forth, back and forth. | -往返装载 |
[24:27] | -What, 29 tons in each one? -Yes. | -什么 每辆29吨? |
[24:28] | It’s six o’clock on a Saturday night. | 现在是周六下午6点 |
[24:30] | We’re not gonna get any more now and it’s Sunday tomorrow. | 现在订不到更多了 而且明天是周日 |
[24:33] | And it’s gonna rain tonight. | 今晚会下雨 |
[24:35] | Are we completely stuck then? | 我们彻底没办法了? |
[24:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:38] | Completely stuck, we can’t cut any more barley now, because… | 完全没办法 现在不能再割大麦了 因为… |
[24:43] | you fucked up. All you had to do | 你搞砸了 |
[24:45] | was get your phone out and go, “Hiya.” | 你得打电话说:“喂” |
[24:47] | -No. -Yeah. Yes, it is. | -不 不是的 -就是的 |
[24:48] | Wrong, no, I made the mistake about nine months ago. | 不 我九个月前就犯错了 |
[24:51] | What? | 什么? |
[24:52] | When I went, “That barn’s big enough.” | 我说“那个谷仓够大了”的时候 |
[24:54] | I was in full Yorkshire mode. | 用的是约克郡人的思维方式 |
[24:56] | “No, I’m not spending more than 22 grand, | “我不要花超过2.2万英镑 |
[24:58] | that barn’s perfectly big enough, | “那个谷仓够大了 |
[24:59] | everything will go in there.” | 所有粮食都能放进去” |
[25:00] | I thought we’d have little bays with rape would go there, | 我以为我们会有分割区 油菜籽放这里 |
[25:03] | the wheat would go there, the barley would go there. | 小麦和大麦放那里 |
[25:05] | They never said to me, you never said to me, if I’m honest– | 他们从没跟我说过…你从没跟我说过 我说实话… |
[25:08] | I did say, “Your barn’s small.” | 我说了 “你的谷仓太小了” |
[25:09] | Yes, I know, but you should have said, | 我知道 但你应该说 |
[25:11] | “You do realize that that barn | “你要知道那个谷仓 |
[25:13] | will be totally filled by your rape.” | -“只装油菜籽就满了” -我说了! |
[25:15] | -I did! -You didn’t say that. | -你没说过 |
[25:16] | I did. You just don’t listen. You do not listen. | -我说了!你没听进去 你根本不听人说话 |
[25:19] | No, [laughs] you switch off. | 不 你听不进去 |
[25:21] | You’ll probably switch off now, | 你可能都不知道我现在在说什么 |
[25:22] | you don’t even know what I’m saying now, probably. | |
[25:25] | What did I just say? | 我刚说了什么? |
[25:26] | -Something about switching off. -See? | -听不进去什么的 |
[25:28] | [laughs] This is my point. | -看到没? |
[25:31] | [wistful music playing] | 我就是这个意思 |
[25:33] | [Jeremy] So, thanks to me, all work ground to a halt. | 拜我所赐 所有工作都暂停了 |
[25:40] | And Kaleb headed for home. | 卡勒布准备回家 |
[25:52] | Where’s my fucking car? | 我车哪儿去了? |
[26:01] | Ah, I see it. I see the tailgate. | 我看到了 我看到车尾了 |
[26:24] | [Jeremy] As it turned out, | 事实证明 |
[26:25] | the next morning, I didn’t need my tractor keys. | 第二天早上 我不需要我的拖拉机钥匙 |
[26:42] | Obviously, we couldn’t harvest in the rain. | 我们显然不能在雨里收割 |
[26:47] | And even when the downpour stopped, | 即便雨停了 |
[26:49] | we couldn’t restart until the crops had dried out. | 我们也要等庄稼干燥了才能开始 |
[26:54] | So, while we were waiting, | 在我们等待期间 |
[26:55] | we used the time to get another job out of the way. | 我们利用这段时间来完成另一项工作 |
[27:01] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[27:04] | Starting the lambs on their journey | 让羊羔走上前往周日午餐桌的道路 |
[27:07] | to the Sunday lunch table. We’re looking at good, well-meated, uh, lambs | 我们要的是肉质良好的羊羔 |
[27:12] | that are the right sort of weight, 44 kilos-plus… | 体重适宜 44公斤以上 |
[27:17] | that are good to go to the abattoir, | 可以去屠宰场变成优质羊肉 |
[27:18] | so we can have some good meat. | |
[27:20] | [upbeat music continues] | |
[27:39] | So, what we got, Ellen, the right weight and the fit? | 艾伦 我们有多少只体重合格的羊? |
[27:42] | -Seventy-eight. | -Seventy-eight. -78只 -78只 |
[27:50] | [Jeremy] It’s like they know. | 它们好像都知道 |
[27:53] | This is a powerful advertisement for vegetarianism. | 这对素食主义来说是个很有力的广告 |
[27:58] | But I’ve seen powerful adverts for going on a cruise, | 但我看过游轮旅行的很有力的广告 |
[28:02] | and I’m still not gonna do that. | 我还是不会去的 |
[28:05] | [Western-style music playing] | |
[28:07] | Once the lambs had gone… | 羊羔们离开后… |
[28:10] | and the fields had dried out, | 农田也干燥了 |
[28:13] | we finished off harvesting the oil seed rape | 我们继续完成了油菜籽 |
[28:16] | and the barley. | 和大麦的收割 |
[28:19] | And then we sold what we’d got to a grain merchant. | 然后我们把收成卖给了一个谷物收购商 |
[28:23] | [beeping] | |
[28:29] | That just left one crop… the wheat. | 现在只剩一种作物… 小麦 |
[28:34] | What’s the news? | 情况怎样? |
[28:36] | 16.6. | |
[28:39] | [Jeremy] So, still over. | 还是过高 |
[28:39] | Without any green in it. It wants another week. | 完全不行 还要再等一周 |
[28:42] | -[Kaleb] Without any green. -Right, we must leave it. | 必须等一等 |
[28:45] | [Jeremy] Sadly, I then received a rather distressing phone call. | 遗憾的是 我接到了一个让人心痛的电话 |
[28:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:55] | All right, I’ll, um, I’ll be back later. | 好吧 我等下回去 |
[28:58] | [clears throat] All right, thanks. Bye. | 好 谢谢 再见 |
[29:06] | Wayne Rooney’s dead. | 韦恩鲁尼死了 |
[29:14] | How my poor ram had died was a mystery. | 我可怜的公羊的死因是个谜 |
[29:18] | So, after we’d loaded him into | 我们把它装进我们能找到的最有尊严的灵车后 |
[29:21] | the most dignified hearse we could find, | |
[29:25] | the vet took him away to do an autopsy. | 兽医把它带走去做了尸检 |
[29:31] | And rang later on to say he died from a twisted intestine. | 稍后兽医打来电话说 它死于肠扭转 韦恩鲁尼 2018-2020 |
[29:46] | I’m surprised at how sad I am about the death of Wayne, | 我很惊讶 韦恩的死让我如此难过 |
[29:50] | because… I am. | 因为…我真的很难过 |
[29:54] | He’d become sort of part | 他已经成为了我晚间习惯的一部分 |
[29:55] | of a little ritual I had in the evening. | |
[29:57] | I’d go for a walk and bring them a bit of food | 我会散个步 给它们带点吃的 |
[29:59] | and they’d come running up. | 它们会跑过来 |
[30:02] | I’ve just come down now | 我现在过来 |
[30:03] | because I wanted to make sure that Leo was all right. | 是因为我想看看莱昂好不好 |
[30:07] | But he’s sort of hiding in that bush over there. | 但它躲在那边的灌木丛里 |
[30:11] | And he won’t come out, not even for the food. | 它不肯出来 连吃的都吸引不了它 |
[30:17] | Sadly, we had to leave my only remaining ram to his grief. | 可惜我们只能留下唯一的这只公羊独自哀伤 |
[30:23] | Because soon, the moisture level of the wheat was bang on. | 因为很快 小麦的湿度就合格了 |
[30:27] | What’s the news? | 怎样? |
[30:28] | 14.4. | |
[30:30] | [Jeremy] And we were good to go. | 我们可以收割了 |
[30:33] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[30:48] | There were 96 acres of wheat to harvest, | 有583亩小麦要收割 |
[30:51] | and its value was measured differently | 而其价值和油菜籽及大麦的计量方式不同 |
[30:55] | to oil seed rape and barley. | |
[30:58] | With wheat, the volume you get… | 小麦收割的量… |
[31:01] | I was gonna say it doesn’t matter, it does matter, | 我本来想说不重要 但其实是重要的 |
[31:03] | but it doesn’t matter as much as the quality. | 但和质量比起来就没那么重要了 |
[31:07] | So, I’ve got a half a trailer load back there | 我后面的拖车里有半车货 |
[31:09] | and I don’t know whether I’ve got | 我不知道这半车是 |
[31:11] | half a trailer load of really good wheat | |
[31:14] | that’ll be used to make bread, | 可以用来做面包的优质小麦 |
[31:15] | or really terrible wheat | 还是只能作饲料的劣质小麦 |
[31:17] | that’ll have to go to be animal feed. | |
[31:19] | [dramatic music continues] | |
[31:23] | As we beavered away, Kaleb, | 我们正忙得热火朝天 而卡勒布 |
[31:25] | now desperate for his | 由于太久没能去理发 |
[31:26] | long-awaited visit to the barber’s, | |
[31:28] | took a moment to rearrange his coiffure. | 花了点时间重新处理了发型 |
[31:37] | Hair. | 头发 |
[31:38] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[31:39] | [laughs] | |
[31:40] | It’s out of my face at least. | 至少不会糊在脸上了 |
[31:43] | [Jeremy] Shortly after this exchange, though, | 这次变换后不久 |
[31:46] | the mood changed, | 我们的心情也变了 |
[31:47] | because Gareth Bale noticed | 因为这位扎发辫的帅哥注意到 |
[31:49] | that a neighboring farmer was in trouble. | 隔壁农民有麻烦了 |
[31:53] | [Kaleb] Look to your left, | 看你左边 |
[31:53] | Jeremy, it doesn’t look very good over there. | 杰雷米 那边看起来不太好 |
[31:56] | Something’s on fire, isn’t it? | 是不是有东西着火了? |
[32:03] | [Jeremy] This is every farmer’s nightmare. | 这是每一位农民的噩梦 |
[32:06] | A harvest blaze caused by malfunctioning equipment. | 故障设备引发的收割期的火花 |
[32:12] | [Kaleb over walkie-talkie] I’m on it now, | 我在处理了 |
[32:13] | just bear with me, two minutes. | 稍等 两分钟 |
[32:16] | I know there’s two fire engines going to it now. | 我知道有两辆消防车在开过去了 |
[32:20] | How does he know that? | 他怎么知道的? |
[32:22] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的? |
[32:24] | Got contacts everywhere. | 我到处都有线人 |
[32:28] | [Jeremy] I took a moment to thank the Lord | 我花了点时间感谢上苍 |
[32:30] | for the bulletproof reliability of the Lambo. | 感谢兰博基尼的可靠 |
[32:34] | [dramatic music playing] | |
[32:36] | And then we got back to work. | 然后我们就回去工作了 |
[32:39] | Just let it go back towards the back of it. | 后退靠近尾部一点 |
[32:43] | [Jeremy] Thanks to Simon’s calm | 多亏了对讲机里西蒙冷静清晰的指引… |
[32:45] | and clear instructions over the radio… | |
[32:47] | That’s good, now bring it forward. | 很好 往前开 |
[32:50] | …I was getting pretty good at my tractoring. | …我拖拉机开得不错 |
[32:55] | [Simon] You’re sort of | 差不多是中部的前端 |
[32:56] | just the front end of the middle. | |
[32:58] | Turn it slightly closer to you than the middle at the moment. | 现在让它稍微更靠近你那边一些 |
[33:01] | [dramatic music continues] | |
[33:04] | [Jeremy] But, later that day, | 但那天晚些时候 |
[33:06] | I came back from a run to the storage barn | 我从谷仓返回后 |
[33:09] | to find Simon had been replaced in the combine by a colleague. | 发现联合收割机里的西蒙换成了另一位同事 |
[33:17] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly on walkie-talkie] | |
[33:26] | I just don’t know, I… I don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[33:29] | I don’t know what he wants me to do. | 我不知道他要我干什么 |
[33:31] | [over walkie-talkie] Do you want | 下一趟你要让我在旁边一起开吗? |
[33:32] | me to come alongside on the next run? | |
[33:35] | [indistinct] | |
[33:36] | …as long as you don’t go too fast… | |
[33:38] | [indistinct] | |
[33:42] | [Jeremy] He hasn’t put his light on, but the spout’s out, | 他没亮灯 但喷口伸出来了 |
[33:44] | so I’m assuming he’s ready. | 我猜他是准备好了 |
[33:46] | [Gerald] As I say, if you turn… [indistinct] | |
[33:52] | Am I at the back? | 我在后面吗? |
[33:54] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly on walkie-talkie] | |
[33:58] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[34:00] | [Gerald continues speaking indistinctly] | |
[34:02] | [Jeremy] Shit, shit, shit. | 该死 |
[34:04] | [Gerald continues speaking indistinctly] | |
[34:09] | Not a word, not a word. | 一个字也听不懂 |
[34:11] | [Gerald continues speaking indistinctly] | |
[34:13] | [Jeremy] Eventually, though, we got into a rhythm. | 不过最终 我们还是找到了节奏 |
[34:18] | I tell you what, he’s 72, look at him. | 我跟你说 他72了 看看他 |
[34:21] | He was telling me last week, | 他上周跟我说 |
[34:23] | he’s combined this farm every year for 50 years | 50年来他每年都来这个农场收割 |
[34:27] | and he didn’t want to miss this one, even with COVID. | 这次也不想错过 即便有疫情也不想 |
[34:30] | And here he is. | 于是他就来了 |
[34:35] | [over walkie-talkie] I’ll wait for your light to go on, Gerald. | 我会等你亮灯 杰拉德 |
[34:37] | Put your light on, I’ll come back. [Gerald] Okay, but like I said, if you just don’t go too fast, | 把你的灯亮起来 |
[34:45] | then I can see the backof the trailer and I can do the combine… [indistinct] | 我会回来的 |
[34:51] | Okay, got you. | 好 知道了 |
[34:52] | I haven’t, but– [Gerald continues speaking indistinctly] | 我根本没听懂 |
[34:57] | [laughs] [serene music playing] | 可是… |
[35:06] | [Jeremy] By the end of August, our work was complete. | 八月底 我们的工作完成了 |
[35:11] | We had harvested 546 acres | 我们收割了3314亩地 |
[35:15] | of wheat, oil seed rape and barley. | 作物有小麦、油菜籽和大麦 |
[35:20] | And the fields were now taking a well-earned breather. | 现在田地获得了应有的休息时间 |
[35:27] | I couldn’t, though. I had to sell the wheat. | 但我还不能休息 我要卖小麦 |
[35:29] | So, I took a sample… | 所以我取了样… |
[35:31] | [country rock music playing] | |
[35:34] | …and called Charlie, who, now all the work was done, | 打电话给查理 他休假回来了 |
[35:36] | was back from his holiday, | 虽然所有工作都已经结束了 |
[35:39] | and arranged to meet him at my local mill. | 之后我安排和他在本地磨坊见面 |
[35:43] | There it is. | 拿来啦 |
[35:44] | [Jeremy] Sample bag. | 样本袋 |
[35:51] | My hope was that my wheat would end up in here, | 我希望我的小麦能来这里 |
[35:53] | being turned into flour for bread. | 变成做面包的面粉 |
[35:59] | Because then I’d get top dollar for it. | 因为这样我就能获得最多的报酬 特白 |
[36:05] | First, though, it had to pass muster with Paul the miller. | 适合制作面包及卷类 然而首先 它们要达到磨坊主保罗的要求 |
[36:10] | This is your– | 这是你的… |
[36:11] | Number one, Premier League… | 第一名 英超联赛… |
[36:14] | Premier League. | -英超联赛 |
[36:15] | …milling wheat. Not Vauxhall Conference. | -…磨坊小麦 |
[36:18] | No. | -不是全国联赛 -不是 |
[36:19] | We’d like a Liverpool here, you know, top of the league. | 我们希望这是利物浦 联赛顶级球队 |
[36:22] | Man City at the very least. | 至少也得是曼城 |
[36:24] | Right, okay. We will see what we can do. | 对 好 我们看看情况 |
[36:27] | I will go in to our lab man | 我会进去找我们的实验室人员 |
[36:29] | and we will come out with the result for you. | 然后得出一份结论 |
[36:31] | -How long’s it take? -Okay. Five minutes. | -需要多长时间? -好 五分钟 |
[36:34] | [Jeremy] The make-or-break number, according to Paul, | 据保罗说 决定性因素 |
[36:37] | would be the percentage of protein in the grain. | 是谷物的蛋白质含量 |
[36:41] | -You’re aiming actually for 13. -Thirteen percent. | -你的目标是13 |
[36:44] | [Jeremy] Thirteen is the number. | 要达到13 |
[36:46] | I think it’s about 13.4% protein. | 我觉得蛋白质大约是13.4% |
[36:49] | Right. I’ll go for 12.6, 12.7. | 是 我猜是12.6到12.7 |
[36:52] | Paul, we want to know whether– | 保罗 我们想知道是否… |
[36:53] | -Yeah, we need to know. -[laughs] | 对 我们需要知道 |
[36:56] | Okay. Shall I go and test it? | 好吧 那我去测试吧? |
[36:57] | -Yes. Please. -I’m– Yeah. | -是 请吧 -我…好的 |
[36:59] | -Good. -Bye. Love your hat. | -很好 -再见 我喜欢你的帽子 |
[37:02] | Whilst we were waiting | 在等待保罗的面包研究员计算结果时 |
[37:05] | for Paul’s bread boffin to do his thing, | |
[37:06] | I was keen to know what success | 我很想知道如果成功的话能赚多少钱 |
[37:08] | would look like, in terms of money. | |
[37:12] | -How much is premium wheat per ton? | -优质小麦每吨多少钱? |
[37:14] | -£185. | -185英镑 |
[37:15] | Right, and if it’s hen food… | 是 如果是鸡饲料的话… |
[37:17] | -how much? -150, 155 pounds. | -多少钱? -150到155英镑 |
[37:19] | All right, so, £185 a ton if it’s good quality. | 好吧 如果质量好就是每吨185英镑 |
[37:23] | -Correct. -£155 if it’s hen food. | -对 -鸡饲料是每吨155英镑 |
[37:26] | Correct. | 对 |
[37:27] | [softly] So, once we’ve established. it’s good quality, | 一旦证明这是优质小麦 |
[37:29] | do I then start haggling with him over price? | 我要开始和他讨价还价吗? |
[37:32] | Well, you might sort of ask for | 你可以试着问问价值 |
[37:33] | an indication of what it’s worth. | |
[37:35] | Can I hit him with, “I want £200 a ton.” | 我可不可以说:“我想卖每吨200英镑” |
[37:38] | I think that’s a nice figure, isn’t it? | 我觉得这个数字可以 |
[37:40] | Sounds round. | -听起来很整 |
[37:41] | It does. Just– Just say £200 a ton and then, | -是的 |
[37:45] | “Okay, I won’t sell it today,” | 就说每吨200英镑 |
[37:47] | and get in your car and drive off. | 然后说:“我今天不打算卖” 回车里开走 |
[37:48] | So, we can just say, “I’m not selling.” | 我们可以说:“我不打算卖” |
[37:50] | “We’d like to sell it, you know, we will sell it to you, but…” | “我们想说 我们会卖给你 但…” |
[37:53] | But not necessarily now. | -但不一定是现在 |
[37:54] | “Not necessarily today.” | -不一定是今天 |
[37:56] | Well, he might say, “Okay, fine.” | 他也许会说:“好吧” |
[38:00] | Yeah, he might. | 是 有可能 |
[38:02] | I’m really useless at haggling. | 我真的不擅长讲价 |
[38:04] | The time for speculation, though, was now over. | 猜想时间结束了 |
[38:08] | Oh, he’s back. He’s back. | 他回来了 |
[38:09] | The all-important protein, the first number is one. | 最重要的蛋白质含量 第一个数字是一 |
[38:14] | [Jeremy] Yeah. | 是 |
[38:15] | The second number is three. | -第二个数字是三 |
[38:17] | Yes! | -好! |
[38:18] | Then we have a point. | 然后是小数点 |
[38:20] | Yes, zero. | 好 零 |
[38:21] | And the next number is five. | 下一个数字是五 |
[38:23] | -Oh. -[laughs] | |
[38:24] | Almost like… | 相差不多… |
[38:26] | -How did you know that? -Well, it’s the color. | -你怎么知道的? -因为颜色 |
[38:29] | This is probably as good as I’ve seen to now. | 这可能是我目前见过最好的 |
[38:34] | -[Charlie] Very good. -Well done, Jeremy. | -非常好 -干得好 杰雷米 |
[38:36] | No, well done him and Kaleb. | 不 是他和卡勒布的功劳 |
[38:37] | Can I insist, Charlie, that we buy it to grind up in the mill | 查理 我能不能提出我们买下这些小麦磨成面粉 |
[38:41] | and then we can send some of the flour | 然后把一部分面粉送到杰雷米的商店去卖? |
[38:43] | back to Jeremy to sell in the shop? | |
[38:44] | -Yeah, yeah, yeah. -Well, no, we’ve got to haggle. | -好啊 -不 |
[38:47] | [Paul] No, no, no, I’ve sorted that out. | 我们要讲价 -不用 |
[38:48] | What do you mean, you’ve sorted it out? | 我已经处理好了 -什么意思? |
[38:50] | You may know about car prices, but I know about wheat prices. | 你可能比较了解车价 但我很了解小麦价格 |
[38:54] | How much is it then? | 那能卖多少钱? |
[38:55] | It would be around the £180, 185 mark. | 大约在180到185英镑 |
[38:58] | That’s fantastic news. | 这太好了 |
[39:00] | So, it’s gold star, to be honest. | 说实话这是金星品质 |
[39:02] | -I’m gonna go and bathe in it. -[Paul] Mmm. | 我愿意用它泡澡 |
[39:04] | Thanks, Paul. | 谢谢你 保罗 |
[39:06] | That’s actually [laughs] good news. | 这结果太棒了 |
[39:10] | [country rock music playing] | |
[39:12] | [Jeremy] With the harvest done | 收割完成了 |
[39:14] | and Charlie now crunching the numbers, | 查理在做核算 |
[39:16] | I caught up on the post, | 我浏览了信件 |
[39:18] | where I found the results | 知道了我的瓶装泉水 |
[39:20] | from the latest tests on my bottled spring water. | 最新的检测结果 |
[39:25] | Um… | |
[39:26] | [clicks tongue] | |
[39:28] | “22 degrees and 37 degrees bacterial results have failed. | “22度及37度细菌结果不合格” |
[39:32] | So, the water is not in a sellable state. | 瓶装水不可售卖 |
[39:35] | For your reference, the TVC count should be zero | “供您参考 总活菌计数应为零 |
[39:39] | and they were found to be 10,000-plus.” | “实际检出超过一万” |
[39:44] | That’s not a fail, that’s a catastrophe. | 这不是不合格的问题 简直是灾难 |
[39:46] | Ten thousand? | 一万? |
[39:48] | This meant I had to get to the farm shop sharpish, | 这意味着我得马上去农用商店 |
[39:52] | to remove the water from the shelves before anyone bought it. | 趁没人买之前 撤掉货架上的水 |
[39:56] | And luckily, I had just the machine for the job, | 根本没货泉水 里面没屎 我刚好有适合这项任务的装备 |
[40:01] | because I’d been reunited… | 因为我刚刚和一位… |
[40:04] | with an old friend. | 老朋友重逢了 |
[40:07] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[40:13] | Welcome, everyone, | 欢迎各位 |
[40:15] | to the new Diddly Squat fast response vehicle. | 认识一下根本没货的救急车辆 |
[40:25] | [laughs] It’s great to have it back. | 能找回它真好 |
[40:32] | The fact is, if it can handle the roads of Madagascar, | 事实是 如果它能应付马达加斯加的道路 |
[40:35] | it can definitely handle the | 那它肯定能胜任奇平诺顿的田野 |
[40:37] | fields of Chipping Norton and it is doing. | 就像现在这样 |
[40:50] | Weird that I’ve never driven this car | 很奇怪 |
[40:52] | at more than eight miles an hour. | 我没有把它开到过时速13公里以上 |
[40:54] | Now look at me. | 现在看看啊 |
[41:00] | I’m literally saving lives here, doing this. | 我这可是真的在拯救生命 |
[41:11] | I’ve come to get the water. | 我来取水 |
[41:13] | Why? | -为什么? |
[41:14] | It’s got shit in it. | -里面有屎 |
[41:15] | -Sorry, what? -It’s got shit in it. | -不好意思 什么? -里面有屎 |
[41:18] | It says it’s got no shit in it. | 上面写着里面没屎 |
[41:20] | It says it’s got no shit in it, | 写是这么写的 |
[41:22] | but that’s not strictly accurate. | 但并不准确 |
[41:24] | -It’s full of it. -[Lisa gasps] | 里面全是 |
[41:25] | I don’t know what it is, it’s bacteria, | 我不知道具体是什么 |
[41:27] | it’s not actual feces, it’s bacteria. | 不是真的屎 是细菌 |
[41:29] | But we’ll flush the system out with detergent, | 但我们会用清洁剂冲洗整个系统 |
[41:31] | get it tested again. | 然后再送检 |
[41:33] | What are they? | 这些是什么? |
[41:34] | Mushrooms. | 蘑菇 |
[41:36] | -[Jeremy] What? -Mushrooms. Big mushrooms. | -什么? -蘑菇 大蘑菇 |
[41:39] | [Jeremy] Big? | 大? |
[41:41] | -Bloody hell. -You know what you do? | -妈呀 -你知道怎么做吗? |
[41:43] | You slice them up and dip them in egg | 切片蘸蛋液 |
[41:45] | and you fry them and it’s like a mushroom toast. | 炸一炸 就好像蘑菇吐司 |
[41:47] | No, but that’s a mushroom. | 不 这才是蘑菇 |
[41:48] | Yeah, that’s a big mushroom. | 对 那是大蘑菇 |
[41:50] | Our field mushrooms here. Look at that! | 我们地里的蘑菇在这儿 看啊! |
[41:54] | They’re fantastic. | 它们太棒了 |
[41:55] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[41:57] | Everything was fantastic at the farm shop, | 农用商店里的东西都很棒 |
[41:59] | as we were finally starting to see some fruit from our labors. | 新鲜本地牛奶 每升1英镑 我们终于看到了一些自己劳作的成果 |
[42:04] | Orangutan-friendly vegetable oil made with our own oil seed rape | 用我们自己的油茶籽榨的对猩猩友好的植物油 |
[42:09] | was already on the shelves. | 已经上架了 |
[42:13] | And a couple of days later, our lambs were back. | 几天后 我们的羊羔回来了 |
[42:18] | -Your shoulder boned and rolled. -Yeah. | -你的羊肩已经去骨成卷 -好 |
[42:21] | The breast, which is like your scrag for just roasting. | 羊胸 就像羊颈肉 烤来吃 |
[42:24] | Your chops. Your liver and your kidney and mince. | 羊排 还有羊肝、羊腰和碎肉 |
[42:27] | So, I delivered that, reared it, fed it, nurtured it. | 我接生它、饲养它、给它喂食… |
[42:31] | -You did. -Loved it. | -是的 -…培育它 |
[42:33] | Loved it. | -爱护它 -爱护它 |
[42:35] | You’ve killed it and chopped it up. | -你们把它杀掉、切碎 |
[42:36] | Chopped it up for you, yes. | -为你切碎 |
[42:38] | Ready to eat. | 等待食用 |
[42:40] | [Jeremy] It had cost £5,000 to raise and butcher the lambs, | 饲养和屠宰羊羔花了五千英镑 |
[42:45] | but they were so popular with the locals… | 但它们太受当地人欢迎了… |
[42:47] | So, you want two whole lambs, basically, so it’s four halves. | 你要两只整羊 半只算一份 |
[42:49] | Yeah, yeah. | 总共四份 好 |
[42:51] | …it looked like we might | …看起来我们甚至也许可以赚回几百英镑 |
[42:52] | even get a couple of hundred quid back. | |
[42:54] | See you. Thank you very much. Thank you. | 再见 非常感谢 谢谢你 |
[42:57] | Thank you very much for coming. Hope you enjoy. | 感谢光临 祝你们吃得愉快 |
[43:00] | Who needs supermarkets? A thing, a thing has worked. | 谁需要超市啊?这就行了 |
[43:04] | Morning, morning. | 早上好 |
[43:08] | -We’ve got seven left. -[Lisa] Good. | -我们还剩七只 -好 |
[43:10] | That’s all we’ve got, seven, | 就这么多了 |
[43:12] | -and it’s only half past 11:00. -[Lisa] Excellent, okay. | 七只 这才11点30分 |
[43:14] | Anyone else here for lambs? | 还有人是来买羊肉的吗? |
[43:17] | The shop is incredibly busy. | 商店异常繁忙 |
[43:19] | And it’ll be such a shame if we have to shut it down | 如果我们必须因为牛奶产自 |
[43:23] | because the milk is from eight miles away, | 13公里之外的格洛斯特郡而关店 |
[43:25] | which is in Gloucestershire | 那就太遗憾了 |
[43:27] | and we’re only allowed to sell stuff from Oxfordshire. | 我们只可以销售来自牛津郡的东西 |
[43:32] | [serene music playing] | 9月 |
[43:39] | [Jeremy] This had been my first-ever farming year. | 这是我务农的第一年 |
[43:46] | But even so, I decided to celebrate | 尽管如此 |
[43:49] | in the traditional way. | 我还是决定按传统方式庆祝 |
[43:52] | So, I met with Kaleb in my old barn, | 我在我的老谷仓里和卡勒布碰面 |
[43:55] | to hang a wheat sheaf on one of its oak beams. | 在一根橡木横梁上挂一束小麦 |
[43:59] | [Kaleb] It’s like a celebration. | 这就像一种庆祝 |
[44:01] | End of harvest, hang it up. | 收获结束 挂起来 |
[44:04] | [Jeremy] And along with the hanging of the wheat, | 在悬挂小麦的同时 |
[44:06] | there was something else to celebrate. | 还有其他事情要庆祝 |
[44:10] | Did they use a pair of these to do it? | 他们是用这个剪的吗? |
[44:14] | It looks good. | -看起来不错 |
[44:15] | It doesn’t look good, it looks ridiculous. | -不 看起来很滑稽 |
[44:17] | Did you pay money for it? | -你付钱了? |
[44:18] | Yes. | -是啊 |
[44:19] | Oh, it’s not– How have I done that? | 不…我怎么弄的? |
[44:21] | How can I not even do this properly? | 我怎么连这个都做不好? |
[44:24] | I would go up the ladder, but I can’t. | 我也想爬上去帮忙 但我不行 |
[44:26] | Why not? | -为什么? |
[44:27] | I got shot. | -我中弹了 |
[44:30] | What? | 什么? |
[44:31] | I was shot in the leg. | 我的腿中弹了 |
[44:33] | What, you’ve really been shot? | -你真的中弹了? |
[44:34] | Yeah, honestly, yeah, yeah, | -是的 真的 |
[44:36] | I was with a group of mates in a circle, | 我和一群朋友围成圈 |
[44:38] | playing footie and he got his air rifle and | 踢足球 |
[44:41] | “accidently” shot me in the leg. | 他拿着他的气枪 “意外”打中了我的腿 |
[44:43] | -You’re kidding? -In my shin. | -你开玩笑吧? -打中我的胫骨 |
[44:45] | -No. -With an air rifle? | -用气枪? |
[44:46] | A .22 air rifle, from about four meters away. | -口径点22的气枪 四米开外打过来 |
[44:49] | [Jeremy] Bloody hell. | 老天爷啊 |
[44:50] | [Kaleb] Scabbing over now, look, the pellet’s still in my leg. | 现在已经结痂了 |
[44:52] | The pellet is there. | 子弹还在我腿里 这儿 |
[44:54] | But he was a mate who shot you? | -但他是你朋友? |
[44:55] | Yeah, a mate of mine, yeah. | -我的一个朋友 是的 |
[44:57] | So, he got his gun out, loaded it | 他拿出枪 |
[44:59] | and then he pointed it at you. | 填上弹 又指着你 |
[45:00] | -Yeah. -And what did you say? | -是的 -你说了什么? |
[45:03] | “Don’t point that gun at me, you dickhead.” | -“别拿枪指着我 |
[45:04] | You hadn’t had a row or anything? | 混蛋” -你们没吵架? |
[45:06] | No, no. I’ve been, like, best friends with him | 没有 |
[45:09] | since primary school. | 我从小学开始就和他是最好的朋友 |
[45:10] | He said it was an accident, so it must have been. | 他说是意外 |
[45:12] | Well, how can it be an accident, | 怎么可能是意外? |
[45:14] | to point an air rifle at someone and then pull the trigger? | 他拿气枪指着别人还扣动了扳机啊 |
[45:17] | Don’t know. | 不知道 |
[45:18] | [Jeremy] My next conversation, I suspected, | 我怀疑 |
[45:20] | would be equally troubling, | 我的下一场对话也会同样让人忧心 |
[45:23] | as the time had come to sit down with Cheerful Charlie | 因为到了和开心的查理一起坐下 |
[45:27] | and find out how much money the harvest had generated. | 看看收割后赚到多少钱的时候了 |
[45:32] | We’re all– We’re all done. | 我们都做完了 |
[45:33] | End of the harvest. | 收割结束 |
[45:34] | -Well done. Good. -Well, thank you. | -做得好 很好 -好 谢谢 |
[45:36] | How’s it feel? | 感觉如何? |
[45:38] | It’s… [sputtering] It’s… | 这个…我等下再告诉你 |
[45:40] | Well, I’ll let you know in a minute, | |
[45:41] | ’cause you’re going to tell me the figures. | 等你告诉我数字之后 |
[45:43] | You’re going to give me the moment of truth. | 你来帮我揭开真相 |
[45:45] | Well, as you know… | -如你所知… |
[45:46] | “As we know,” here we go. | -来了 |
[45:47] | It hasn’t been a great year for… | 今年对农业来说… |
[45:51] | for farming, generally. | 整体不是特别好的一年 |
[45:52] | I read in The Times yesterday, | 我昨天在《泰晤士报》上读到 |
[45:54] | it’s the worst year for farmers since 1976. | 这是自1976年来对农民来说最糟糕的一年 |
[45:58] | Dry summer. I know, I remember it well. | 干旱的夏季 我记得很清楚 |
[46:00] | It was the year of my O Levels. It’s why I haven’t got any. | 我当年还在上学 我都不知道这事 |
[46:03] | So, we’re just gonna look at these top boxes. | 小麦 油菜 大麦 |
[46:06] | Look at the blue. | 合计 我们来看最上面的格子 蓝色的部分 |
[46:07] | And now I’m gonna frighten you. | 我会吓到你的 |
[46:09] | Last year, we made £226,000 from crop sales. | 去年 我们销售作物获得22.6万英镑 |
[46:12] | That’s before any costs. | 这是在扣除成本之前 |
[46:14] | So, £226,000. | 所以是22.6万英镑 |
[46:18] | -Yeah. -And this year’s 137. | -是的 -今年这个数字是13.7万 |
[46:20] | So, £90,000 lower from the same area. | 同等面积减少了九万英镑 |
[46:23] | It is nine– | 九… |
[46:26] | -Which is quite incredible. So, you know. | -太可怕了 |
[46:28] | -Well, “incredible” is one word. | -“可怕” 说得轻巧 |
[46:30] | -That is £90,000 down. -Yeah. | -减少了九万英镑啊 -是的 |
[46:33] | It’s– It’s enormous. Forty percent lower. | 非常多 降低了40% |
[46:35] | £90,000 gone because of the weather. | 因为天气 九万英镑没有了 |
[46:39] | So where are the costs, because how much– | 那成本在哪儿 因为多少… |
[46:42] | -Here are the costs then, so we spent– | -这里是成本 |
[46:44] | -We spent– | 我们花了… -我们花了… |
[46:45] | -£14,000 on seed. -On seed. | -种子花了1.4万英镑 -种子 |
[46:48] | £34,000 on fertilizer and £20,000 on sprays. | 肥料3.4万英镑 农药两万英镑 |
[46:53] | So, £68,601. | 68601英镑 |
[46:56] | And then there’s £68,457 of costs. | 然后这是68457英镑的成本 |
[47:01] | That’s Kaleb, that’s the machinery. | 包括卡勒布的劳务费和机器费用 |
[47:05] | So, you’ve made £144 profit from the arable farm. | 农场耕种的利润是144英镑 |
[47:19] | So, the fact of the matter is this, | 事实是这样的 |
[47:21] | farming seven days a week for a year, on a 1,000-acre farm, | 一整年全年无休 耕种6000亩地 |
[47:26] | has generated an income of £144? | 只带来了144英镑的收入? |
[47:31] | Correct. | 对的 |
[47:32] | Fortunately, at the moment, | 幸运的是我们有这笔补贴 |
[47:33] | we have this subsidy. When that goes… | 如果没有… |
[47:36] | What are farmers going to do? | 农民们要怎么办? |
[47:38] | I mean, honestly, what are they going to do? | 说实话 他们要怎么办? |
[47:40] | The ones who don’t have Amazon film crews following them around | 没有亚马逊摄制组人员跟随的农民们 |
[47:43] | and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? | 他们不会录《谁会成为百万富翁》 |
[47:45] | to top up the income? | 他们的收入从哪儿来? |
[47:46] | I mean, what do you do when the subsidy starts to go down? | 如果补贴开始减少该怎么办? |
[47:51] | There will be… there’s gonna be a sea change | 乡村将会发生巨变 |
[47:53] | to the, rurally, you know, the countryside. | |
[47:56] | There’ll be 30 percent less farmers, probably. | 可能会减少30%的农民 |
[47:58] | But that’s where we are with farming in this day and age. | 但这个时代的农业就是这样 |
[48:01] | And the next time a farmer moans about the weather… | 下次再有农民抱怨天气… |
[48:07] | put your arm round him and buy him a pint, | 抱一抱他 给他买杯酒 |
[48:09] | because he’s not moaning about it | 因为他的抱怨不是因为在雨里干活很可怜 |
[48:12] | ’cause it’s a bit miserable working in the rain, | |
[48:14] | he’s moaning about it ’cause it’s crucifying. | 他抱怨是因为这很可怕 |
[48:18] | [mournful music playing] | |
[48:20] | I was now in a quandary. | 我现在十分为难 |
[48:24] | I’d worked bloody hard all year | 我一整年都非常努力 |
[48:26] | and my reward was £144. | 我的回报是144英镑 |
[48:31] | Even with the grants and subsidies added in, | 即便加上补助和补贴 |
[48:34] | I’d have been far better off selling up, | 我还不如把农场卖掉 |
[48:37] | putting the money in the bank and living off the interest. | 钱存进银行 靠利息生活 |
[48:43] | And yet the past year had been absolutely brilliant. | 但过去的一年还是很棒的 |
[48:50] | I’d done so many things I didn’t think that I’d be able to do. | 我做了很多我没想到自己可以做的事情 |
[48:56] | I’d become a shepherd. | 我成为了一名牧羊人 |
[49:00] | A tractor driver. | 拖拉机司机 |
[49:04] | A shopkeeper. | 店主 |
[49:06] | [imperceptible] | |
[49:09] | A midwife. | 助产士 |
[49:12] | A key worker. | 关键员工 |
[49:14] | [imperceptible] | |
[49:15] | An engineer. | 工程师 |
[49:19] | And a conservationist. | 还有环保主义者 |
[49:30] | All in the company of Diddly Squat’s | 多亏了无限欢乐、状况百出的 |
[49:32] | endlessly happy, endlessly dysfunctional family. | 根本没货大家庭 |
[49:39] | [imperceptible] | |
[49:54] | But could I really go through the whole cycle again… | 但我真的愿意再来一轮这样的经历… |
[50:00] | for less than 40 pence a day? | 换取每天40便士的报酬吗? |
[50:06] | It’s a question that crops up almost immediately | 在我们的丰收节日野餐会上 |
[50:10] | at our harvest festival picnic. | 这个问题立刻就被抛了出来 |
[50:14] | If there’s anything I’m gonna go for, it’s one of | |
[50:15] | them whatsanames. | |
[50:17] | No, those. | |
[50:18] | -[Charlie] One of these. -That’s the one, yeah. | 这个 |
[50:21] | [Jeremy] So, is it a year and a day since we started farming? | 今天是不是我们开始务农的一周年零一天? |
[50:24] | [Charlie] It is. Just over. | 是的 刚刚过去 |
[50:27] | [Jeremy] So, the big thing I’ve got to work out now is, | 我现在要解决的一个大问题是 |
[50:29] | I’ve got a choice, realistically. | 我面临一个现实的选择 |
[50:32] | I can either go back to London and resume my old life– | 我可以回伦敦 恢复我往日的生活… |
[50:36] | Yeah, do that. | 对 |
[50:37] | [laughs] | 就这样办吧 |
[50:40] | You haven’t heard the “or.” | -你还没听另一个选项 |
[50:41] | No, no, no. Do that. | -不 就这么决定了 |
[50:43] | I think I don’t want to go back to London now. | 我觉得我现在不想回伦敦 |
[50:47] | -Ever? -No, I’m happy here. | -永远不回? -不 我在这里很快乐 |
[50:49] | You like London, let’s just– You know, you love London. | 你喜欢伦敦 |
[50:51] | [Jeremy laughs] | 你爱伦敦 |
[50:52] | And London suits you. | 伦敦适合你 |
[50:54] | -And, um… -You’ve got friends in London. | 而且 你在伦敦有朋友 |
[50:57] | [Kaleb] Yeah, you’ve got friends in London, | 你有朋友 |
[50:58] | you know loads of people. | 认识很多人 |
[50:59] | [Charlie] You’ve got loads of friends here. | 你在这里有很多朋友 |
[51:01] | Mmm. | |
[51:03] | He wants me to stay. | 他想让我留下 |
[51:06] | Because I am a cash cow to him. | 因为我对他来说是赚钱机器 |
[51:08] | [laughs] | |
[51:09] | If you weigh it up, weigh-hey-hey, I’d go farm. | 如果权衡一下 我会选务农 |
[51:13] | I think you’re happy here. | 你在这里很快乐 |
[51:15] | You’re right, I am happy here. | 你说得对 我在这里很快乐 |
[51:17] | I said, back when we were lambing, | 我们照顾小羊出生的时候 |
[51:19] | that I’ve never been happier. | 那是我最快乐的时光 |
[51:21] | Remember, we had all the lambs coming | 小羊出生了 |
[51:22] | and it was quite a nice day, | 天气很好 |
[51:23] | I went, “I’ve never been | 我心想:“我在工作中从没有这么快乐过” |
[51:24] | happier at work than I am now.” | |
[51:26] | -[Lisa] Really? -No. | -真的吗? -不 |
[51:28] | -Look at the colors. | -看看这色彩 |
[51:29] | -[Lisa] It is stunning. – Autumn’s coming. | 秋天来了 -太美了 |
[51:31] | It’s always stunning on the farm, actually. | 农场一直很美 真的 |
[51:33] | Whatever the day, there’s | 无论哪一天 |
[51:34] | always something that’s absolutely beautiful. | 都有很美的景色 |
[51:38] | The thing is, the show’s now over. | 现在节目要结束了 |
[51:43] | This one. | 这个节目 |
[51:44] | -Cheers, guys. -Which is sad. | -干杯 -很伤感 |
[51:45] | But thank you very much | 但非常感谢你们在过去一年所给予的帮助 |
[51:46] | for all your help over the last year. | |
[51:48] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[51:49] | [Jeremy] All of you, thank you very, very much. | 非常感谢你们所有人 |
[51:52] | Thank you for being so patient with me. | 谢谢你对我的耐心 |
[51:54] | -I’m gonna get in that tractor now. | 我要进那台拖拉机了 |
[51:55] | -[chuckles] | |
[51:56] | You’re gonna come back with me and put the cultivator on it | 你会跟我回来 把耕耘机接上 |
[51:59] | and I’m gonna go cultivating now. | 我现在就要去耕地 |
[52:00] | I thought you was going to a party tonight, you said. | 我以为你今晚要去开派对 在伦敦 |
[52:03] | [laughter] | 您收看的是… 杰拉德 |
[52:05] | [Lisa laughs] In London. | 查理 艾伦 凯文 |
[52:07] | [laughter] | 丽莎 卡勒布 |
[52:11] | [music playing] | 和杰雷米 在… |
[52:22] | [imperceptible] | 克拉克森的农场 创意监督: 罗婷婷 |