| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:05] | [theme song playing] | |
| [00:22] | [Jeremy] It turns out there’s a good reason | 我发现农民们总是抱怨天气 | 
| [00:24] | why farmers always moan about the weather. | 是有原因的 | 
| [00:29] | Because it never does what they want it to do. | 因为天气从不遂人愿 | 
| [00:35] | Back in the autumn when I needed a dry spell to plant my crops, | 当我在秋天需要干燥的天气播种粮食时 2019年10月 | 
| [00:41] | I got this. | 结果是这样 | 
| [00:43] | [thunder rumbling] | |
| [00:47] | It rained non-stop for eight weeks. | 大雨连绵不绝了八周 | 
| [00:53] | And then in May when I needed rain | 然后到了5月 | 
| [00:56] | to keep those crops alive… | 当我需要雨水让粮食生长时 2020年5月 | 
| [01:00] | I got this. | 结果是这样 | 
| [01:03] | The driest spring ever recorded. | 有记录以来最干燥的春季 | 
| [01:08] | The drought was certainly not helping in this field. | 干旱对这片田来说显然没好处 | 
| [01:12] | The previous year I’d planted it with rape seed… | 前一年我种了油菜 | 
| [01:18] | but that had all been eaten by beetles. | 但都被甲虫吃掉了 | 
| [01:22] | -Where’s the rape gone? -The flea beetle got it. | -油菜去哪儿了? -被跳甲吃掉了 | 
| [01:24] | -[Jeremy] The whole bloody lot? -[Charlie] Yeah. | -整片田? -是的 | 
| [01:26] | There’s no… There’s… I just… | 没有…这…我只是… | 
| [01:31] | [Jeremy] So rather than let the field sit there doing nothing, | 所以与其让这片农田荒废 | 
| [01:34] | I’d come up with one of my | 我在封锁期间想了一个绝妙的主意 | 
| [01:36] | brilliant lockdown brainwaves. | |
| [01:40] | I’ve planted it with pumpkins for Halloween, | 我种下了万圣节需要的南瓜 | 
| [01:43] | -sweetcorn ’cause I like it. -Yeah. | 因为我喜欢 我还种了甜玉米 | 
| [01:45] | And sunflowers ’cause socialists | 还种了向日葵 | 
| [01:47] | like to eat their seeds apparently. | 因为社会主义人士喜欢嗑瓜子 | 
| [01:49] | -Brilliant. -So can you see them? | -很好 -你能看到吗? | 
| [01:52] | -No. -Come on, don’t be so negative. | 不能 拜托 别这么消极 | 
| [01:56] | No, there’s pumpkins in there. | 不 这里有南瓜 | 
| [02:00] | Oh, he’s just pretending he | 他假装看不见 | 
| [02:01] | can’t see them to humiliate me. | 想羞辱我 | 
| [02:04] | [Charlie] I got one. There’s another one | 我找到了一个 | 
| [02:07] | and another one there. | 那里还有一个 又有一个 | 
| [02:08] | I know, they’re everywhere, there’s thousands. | 到处都有 成千上万 | 
| [02:10] | Stop going, “Oh, I’ve found one.” | 别搞得像意外发现一样 “我找到了一个” | 
| [02:11] | Look that’s good, isn’t it? | -看 | 
| [02:13] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 挺好的是不是? -是啊 | 
| [02:14] | And there look, pumpkins, Halloween in the farm shop. | 看 南瓜 万圣节放在农用商店卖 | 
| [02:17] | -The problem is, Jeremy… -Yes? | -问题是 杰雷米… -怎么了? | 
| [02:19] | We need to try and get some water on them. | 我们要给它们浇水 | 
| [02:21] | How are we going to water it? | 要怎么浇水? | 
| [02:23] | Well, now you see, I’m way ahead of you again. | 你看 我又比你先想到了 | 
| [02:25] | I have bought a vacuum slurry tanker. | 我买了一台真空液体罐车 | 
| [02:30] | -So you’re gonna spray it on? -Yeah. | -你要用它来洒水? -是的 | 
| [02:36] | [Jeremy] To me, the job was simple. | 对我来说 任务很简单 | 
| [02:38] | Hitch the tanker to my tractor | 把罐车挂在我的拖拉机上 | 
| [02:40] | and fill it up from my big stream. | 从我的大溪流里吸满水 | 
| [02:44] | I love being in my Lambo. | 我喜欢坐在我的兰博基尼里 | 
| [02:46] | It’s like a hay fever capsule, no pollen allowed. | 就像花粉热防治胶囊一样 花粉不得进入 | 
| [02:52] | Kaleb, however, | 然而卡勒布说 | 
| [02:53] | said the job would in fact be difficult | 这个任务其实很难 | 
| [02:55] | as my tractor wouldn’t be able to reach the big stream. | 因为我的拖拉机到不了溪水旁 | 
| [03:03] | Yes. Look at this. | 对 看看 | 
| [03:07] | Jeremy, whoa, whoa! | 杰雷米 | 
| [03:10] | [wood crackles] | 哇! | 
| [03:11] | [Jeremy] Oh, well, I think I’ve done it | 我觉得我操作得很好 | 
| [03:13] | rather brilliantly. | |
| [03:14] | [Kaleb] Oh, Jesus! | 哦 天啊! | 
| [03:18] | -[Jeremy] Oh, yes! -[Kaleb] Whoa, Jeremy! | -哦 好! -哇 杰雷米! | 
| [03:22] | If he says my tractor is too big, I’m going to kill him. | 如果他说我的拖拉机太大 我就杀了他 | 
| [03:26] | Tractor’s too bloody big! | 拖拉机太他妈大了!看 | 
| [03:28] | Look at it, you’re catching on the tree. | 你碰到树了 | 
| [03:29] | It’s gonna take the beacon off. | 顶灯会被刮掉的 | 
| [03:34] | Your ideas! | 你的主意! | 
| [03:36] | [Jeremy] Right, no beacon. | 对 不要顶灯 | 
| [03:47] | Oh, this is tight down here. | 天啊 这里很挤 | 
| [03:50] | But, you know, you can’t be a pumpkin farmer | 但不折断几根树枝 | 
| [03:52] | without breaking a few branches. | 怎么做南瓜瓜农 | 
| [03:56] | Eventually after a half mile drive | 最终 | 
| [03:58] | that took just one hour… | 在花一小时开了800米后… | 
| [04:00] | -[Kaleb] Keep going straight. -[Jeremy] What the hell? | -继续直行 -什么东西? | 
| [04:03] | …I arrived at the stream. | …我到了溪水旁 | 
| [04:07] | Oh, ho, ho! | |
| [04:08] | The mighty Lamborghini is in place. | 伟大的兰博基尼就位 | 
| [04:12] | Was that skillful driving or just plain luck? | 刚刚那是因为我驾驶技术高超 还是纯靠运气? | 
| [04:15] | The whole driving of that was just ruthless. | 刚刚那段路开得太粗暴 | 
| [04:17] | You snapped the gate post. | 你折断了门柱 | 
| [04:19] | -Have I broken a gate post? | 我弄坏了一个门柱? | 
| [04:20] | -Yes! Snapped it clean off, drove over it. | 是的!完全折断了 轧了过去 | 
| [04:24] | -Do come through. | 过来吧 | 
| [04:25] | -You’re gonna upset these people now. | 你会把这些人惹生气的 | 
| [04:28] | It’s a faux pas. | 这是人行的小路 | 
| [04:29] | I bet you any money they want pumpkins at Halloween. | 我跟你打赌 她们万圣节会需要南瓜的 | 
| [04:31] | Excuse me, do you do Halloween? | 不好意思 请问你们过万圣节吗? | 
| [04:34] | Yeah, I did this year. How come? | 过 我今年过了 为什么这么问? | 
| [04:37] | Well ’cause I’m growing pumpkins | 我在种南瓜 | 
| [04:38] | and I’m just getting water for them | 现在在准备为它们浇水 | 
| [04:39] | and he’s saying I’m being an idiot | 他说我很蠢 | 
| [04:40] | for growing pumpkins, but I’m not. | 但我不蠢 | 
| [04:42] | He’s blocking the footpath for you, isn’t he? | -他挡住了人行道 | 
| [04:43] | It’s not a problem at all. | -完全没关系 | 
| [04:44] | [Jeremy] Thank you, thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 | 
| [04:47] | That’s exact… See. Have you undone this? | 这完全…看到没? -解开了吗? | 
| [04:50] | Yeah, it’s undone. | -嗯 解开了 | 
| [04:54] | God! The things we’ll do for fucking pumpkins! | 天啊!我们为该死的南瓜要做这些破事! | 
| [04:58] | Getting in was one thing. | 开进来只成功了一半 | 
| [04:59] | If you’re gonna say getting out again, | 如果你要提开出去的事 | 
| [05:01] | it’s just turn it round, go back out. | 只要掉头往回开就行了 | 
| [05:05] | Turn it round where? | 在哪里掉头? | 
| [05:06] | Ah, we perhaps should’ve reversed in, shouldn’t we? | 我们应该倒着开进来的 对不对? | 
| [05:08] | -That would have been… | 我试过了 但…你不听我的 | 
| [05:09] | -[Kaleb] Yeah, I did try and like… | 我试过了 | 
| [05:10] | -You wasn’t really listening to me. | 但…你不听我的 | 
| [05:11] | -But your hand signals, you just do this. | 你的手势是这样 | 
| [05:12] | I was like this. What’s that mean? Oh, turn around. | 我是这样 这什么意思?掉头 | 
| [05:15] | It could mean caterpillar, it could mean snake. | 它的意思可能是毛毛虫 可能是蛇 | 
| [05:18] | I had no idea what you were on about. | 我不知道你在说什么 | 
| [05:19] | -[Kaleb] Right. -That’s in the stream. | 放进溪流里了 | 
| [05:22] | Right, let’s see if we can get some water. | 对 我们看看能不能吸点水上来 | 
| [05:25] | All I’ve got to do is do that. Open that valve! | 我只要这样 | 
| [05:30] | [pumping] | 打开那个阀门! | 
| [05:32] | [Jeremy] Yes, I can hear it! | 好 我能听见! | 
| [05:37] | It’s alive! | 在吸水! | 
| [05:39] | Any minute now we’re gonna have Tower Bridge, | 现在开始 | 
| [05:41] | we’ll be sucked up this stream. | 伦敦塔桥随时有可能 沿着这条溪流被我们吸过来 | 
| [05:44] | [Kaleb] There you are, look, look, look. | 来了 看啊 | 
| [05:47] | -Oh, yes! -Water for your pumpkins. | -哦 好! -给你的南瓜准备的水 | 
| [05:52] | [Jeremy] With the vacuum tanker full, | 真空水罐装满后 | 
| [05:54] | it was time to switch off and disengage. [thuds] | 该关掉水阀、断开连接了 | 
| [05:59] | You fucking… You rural half-wit! | 你该死的…你这个蠢货! | 
| [06:02] | [laughs] I pressed the wrong button! | 我按错按钮了! | 
| [06:06] | [Jeremy] There was then the simple task | 然后就是原路返回的简单工作 | 
| [06:08] | of reversing back the way we’d come. | |
| [06:11] | Which way do I turn the steering wheel? | 方向盘往哪里打? | 
| [06:13] | Yeah, I can’t tell you how to do it. You just have to know. | 不能让我告诉你怎么做 你自己得知道 | 
| [06:16] | Yeah, but unfortunately I don’t know. | 是 但不幸的是我不知道 | 
| [06:20] | [Jeremy] Nevertheless, as we’d been | 尽管如此 | 
| [06:22] | working together for nine months, | 我们毕竟已经合作了九个月了 | 
| [06:23] | we figured that with a bit of teamwork we’d solve the problem. | 我们觉得只要团结合作 就能解决问题 | 
| [06:28] | -Right hand down a long way. -Yeah, but I can’t see it! | -往右打很多! -是 但我看不见! | 
| [06:31] | [Kaleb] Look behind you then. Now forward. | 那就往后看 现在向前 | 
| [06:35] | Whoa, whoa! Now come back. Other way. | 哇!现在回去 | 
| [06:39] | -Other way? | -另一个方向 -另一个方向? | 
| [06:41] | -You’re gonna take the fence out. | 你会把栅栏撞倒的 | 
| [06:42] | -Well, what do I do now? -Forwards. | -我现在怎么办? -向前 | 
| [06:45] | -Again? | -又来? | 
| [06:46] | -No, you got to get over that way. | -不 你得到那边去 | 
| [06:49] | -[Kaleb] Wait! -[Jeremy] What? | -等等! -什么? | 
| [06:50] | -You gotta get the whole… -I can’t see you! | -你很快就要进洞里了 -我看不到你! | 
| [06:52] | You’ve got to tell me right or left hand down! | 你得告诉我往左还是往右! | 
| [06:55] | I’m getting confused. | 我搞不清了 | 
| [06:56] | Oh, that’s all we now need to discover, | 我们现在只要知道这一点就好了 | 
| [06:59] | he does not know his right from his left. | 他分不清左右 | 
| [07:01] | We’re gonna be here a while. | 我们还得在这儿待好久 | 
| [07:03] | -[Kaleb] Go forward more! -[Jeremy] What? | -再向前一点! -什么? | 
| [07:05] | -No, you got to get over that way. | -不 | 
| [07:07] | -What? Hang on. | 你得往那边 -什么?等等 | 
| [07:08] | -Come back. -Other way? | -回来 -另一边? | 
| [07:10] | No. | 不 | 
| [07:11] | [Jeremy] Eventually Kaleb came up with a suggestion | 最后卡勒布想到一个建议 | 
| [07:14] | that was, in fairness, long overdue. | 老实说 早该这样了 | 
| [07:18] | -[Kaleb] Are you gonna let me do it? | -你要让我来吗? | 
| [07:19] | -[Jeremy] Yes. | -好 | 
| [07:24] | If at first you don’t succeed, sod it, give it to a teenager. | 如果一开始不能成功 丢一边 让小屁孩去做 | 
| [07:30] | Yeah, keep coming straight back. It works, I knew it would. | 对 继续直线后退 可以了 我就知道 | 
| [07:35] | Yeah, this is exactly what I was gonna do | 我下一次本来就打算这么做的 | 
| [07:37] | on my next run, so well done. | 干得好 | 
| [07:40] | -[Kaleb] Come on you piece of shit! | -来吧 | 
| [07:41] | -[Jeremy] It’s not a piece of shit! | 你这个垃圾车! -这才不是垃圾车! | 
| [07:49] | -Well, well, well… -Well done, Kaleb. | “干…” -干得好 卡勒布 -谢谢 | 
| [07:51] | -Thank you very much. -That’s very good. | -非常好 | 
| [07:53] | You’re very welcome. | -不客气 | 
| [07:55] | [Jeremy] The trip to and from the stream had taken five hours, | 往返溪流的路程花了五个小时 | 
| [08:00] | but now with 1,000 gallons of water on board, | 但现在有了1000加仑水 | 
| [08:03] | I was back at the field… | 我回到田里… | 
| [08:06] | and ready to give the whole thing a damn good soaking. | 准备好好给这片地浇浇水 | 
| [08:11] | -[Jeremy] Yes! -Drive! Go! | 好! 开啊!往前走! | 
| [08:16] | I’m going. I’m going. | 我在走 | 
| [08:19] | Look at it. Look at me. | 看啊 看看我 | 
| [08:21] | I’m bringing life and nutrition to my otherwise dead field. | 我给濒临枯死的田地带来了生机和营养 | 
| [08:26] | And then I swing it round at the bottom end. | 我到尽头处掉个头 | 
| [08:33] | [Jeremy] That’s fantastic, look at that. | 太棒啦!看啊 | 
| [08:36] | Soon there will be pumpkins | 我浇过水的地方将很快长出南瓜和甜玉米 | 
| [08:38] | growing in my wake and sweetcorn. | |
| [08:44] | [Charlie] He’s run out. He’s run out of water. | 他没水了 | 
| [08:46] | Oh, hang on, where’s the water gone? | 等等 水去哪儿了? | 
| [08:52] | Look how you’ve run out of water! | 看看你才浇到哪儿就没水了! | 
| [08:53] | Are you seriously saying that was all we got? | 你是认真的吗 | 
| [08:55] | [Charlie and Kaleb] Yes. | 我们只有这么多水? | 
| [08:56] | -That’s 1,000 gallons. -[Kaleb] 1,000 gallons. | 如果这是1000加仑水 | 
| [08:58] | -[Jeremy] Four and a half thousand liters. | 4500升 | 
| [08:59] | -Four and a half thousand liters. | |
| [09:01] | And we did one and a quarter runs. | 我们浇了一轮又四分之一… | 
| [09:04] | Yeah. You’ve just put a millimeter of rain. | 是的 你刚刚的水量相当于一毫米降水 | 
| [09:06] | [Jeremy] I’ve not put a millimeter on! | 我还没浇够一毫米! | 
| [09:09] | That’s effectively what that is. | 就是这样 | 
| [09:11] | You know, I mean it’s evaporated already | 已经蒸发了 | 
| [09:12] | and blown away. | 随风而去了 | 
| [09:13] | So, you know, effectively, well, it hasn’t been effective at all. | 所以从效率上讲… 根本就没效 | 
| [09:19] | -He’s so miserable. | -他太悲观了 | 
| [09:21] | -He is, but I’m with him on this. | -是的 但这件事我同意他的观点 | 
| [09:23] | If we want pumpkins for Halloween. | 如果我们希望到万圣节能长出南瓜… | 
| [09:27] | Well, that’s answered the question, | 我们来问一下 | 
| [09:28] | we don’t really want pumpkins do we? | 我们真的要种南瓜吗? | 
| [09:30] | Yes, yes. No because we paid for the pumpkin seeds, | 是的 因为我们花钱买了南瓜种子 | 
| [09:34] | I’ve paid for the water bowser thing. | 我花钱买了水槽车 | 
| [09:38] | But how do I make them live? | 但我要怎样让它们成活? | 
| [09:39] | -You know, until we get a meaningful rain. | 除非能有一场真正的降雨… | 
| [09:41] | -Yeah, yeah. When’s the next rain? | 是啊 下次下雨是什么时候? | 
| [09:44] | Well there’s nothing in the forecast | 预报说两周内不会有 | 
| [09:45] | for another fortnight. | |
| [09:47] | Fucking hell. | 该死 | 
| [09:50] | [Jeremy] That meant there was only one thing I could do… | 这就意味着我只剩一件事可做 | 
| [09:56] | -Give Kaleb a hosepipe… | 给卡勒布一根软管… | 
| [09:58] | -[Kaleb] It’s stupid ideas all the time! | 他一直想出这种馊主意! | 
| [10:00] | [Jeremy] …and get an early night. | …然后早点睡觉 | 
| [10:09] | The next day was important, | 第二天很重要 | 
| [10:12] | because soon everything in this field | 因为这片地里的一切很快就要被卖掉用来做面包 | 
| [10:15] | would be sold to make bread. | |
| [10:18] | And everything in this field | 这片地里的一切要被卖掉做周日午餐 | 
| [10:21] | would be sold to make Sunday lunch. | |
| [10:24] | And to make sure I got the best possible prices, | 为了保证我能获得最好的价格 | 
| [10:27] | cheerful Charlie said I had to sit an exam. | 开心的查理说我需要参加一场考试 | 
| [10:34] | -[Jeremy] Charlie, how are you? | -查理 你好吗? | 
| [10:35] | -[Charlie] I’m very well. How are you? | -很好 你好吗? | 
| [10:36] | Good. This red tractor business? | 很好 红拖拉机协会那件事? | 
| [10:39] | Yeah, so you’ve got your inspection this morning. | 你的审查预定是今早 | 
| [10:41] | But then I’ve got to do it on the phone? | 我要用手机做? | 
| [10:43] | Yeah, that’s the Covid rules. | 对 疫情规定 | 
| [10:45] | And the background is this is the difference | 背景就是 | 
| [10:47] | between being able to sell your produce at full market rate | 它将决定 你能否按全额市场价销售你的产品 | 
| [10:51] | or not having a discount. | 或者说 不用打折 | 
| [10:52] | So when a customer goes out and buys something, | 如果一位顾客买了东西 | 
| [10:54] | if it’s got a little red tractor on the package… | 如果包装上有红拖拉机… | 
| [10:56] | -Exactly. | -没错 -…那就意味着有人确认过 | 
| [10:57] | -…that means that somebody’s checked | -没错 -…那就意味着有人确认过 | 
| [10:59] | to make sure my farm hasn’t got feces all over it. | 我的农场环境没有脏兮兮地布满粪便 | 
| [11:01] | Correct, yeah. It’s a serious accreditation scheme. | 没错 这是一个严肃的认证流程 | 
| [11:05] | And if I’m not all right, | 如果我不通过 | 
| [11:06] | then I can’t sell all my stuff at full price. | 就不能全价销售我的商品 | 
| [11:08] | Yes, which will have an even | 是的 | 
| [11:10] | bigger effect on your profit for the year. | 那会大幅影响你今年的利润 | 
| [11:15] | [Jeremy] Soon, the Red Tractor examiner called | 很快 红拖拉机检验员打电话来 | 
| [11:17] | and I began my first ever face-Zoom-time meeting. | 我开始了第一次摄像头电话会议 | 
| [11:23] | [Dave] Jeremy, how are you? | 杰雷米 你好吗? | 
| [11:25] | I’m very well thank you. How are you? | 我很好 | 
| [11:27] | And how do I get to see you? Or do I not? | 谢谢 你好吗?我要怎么看到你?还是说我看不到? | 
| [11:32] | Um, I should be on your screen somewhere in a little corner? | 我应该在你屏幕上的一个小角落里? | 
| [11:37] | No. there’s nothing. You’re on, video on, microphone on. | 不 什么都没有 你在线 视频打开了 麦克风打开了 | 
| [11:41] | All apps don’t work and now the screen’s dead. | 所有应用都失灵了 现在屏幕卡住了 | 
| [11:47] | [Jeremy] When we finally reconnected… | 当我们终于重新连接成功时… | 
| [11:50] | Greetings, we’re finally there. | 你好 我们终于接通了 | 
| [11:51] | …Dave, the inspector, | …审查员戴夫要求参观农场建筑 | 
| [11:53] | asked for a tour of the farm buildings. | |
| [11:56] | [Dave] Right, Jeremy, what’s to the right | 好 | 
| [11:58] | of the hay and the straw there? | 杰雷米 干草和稻草右边是什么? | 
| [12:00] | That is a massive scissor jack | 那是一台大型剪式千斤顶 | 
| [12:04] | that I used in Colombia to spot condors. | 我在哥伦比亚用来观测秃鹰的 | 
| [12:07] | And then there’s some doors over there | 然后这边是我的同事们炸毁的一幢房子的门 | 
| [12:10] | from a house that my colleagues blew up. | |
| [12:13] | [Jeremy] Dave politely pointed out | 戴夫礼貌地指出他想看的是农场设备 | 
| [12:15] | that he wanted to see farm equipment, | |
| [12:17] | not old Grand Tour props. | 不是《壮游》节目的老道具 | 
| [12:19] | [Dave] Where abouts is your chemical store? | 你的化学制品储存在哪里? | 
| [12:21] | And where are the chemicals currently? | 化学制品现在在哪? | 
| [12:24] | Oh, they’re over here in a shipping container. | 放在这边的船运集装箱里 | 
| [12:27] | We thought shipping containers are watertight and secure. | 我们觉得船运集装箱防水且安全 | 
| [12:32] | -Ready? -Yeah. | -准备好了? | 
| [12:34] | Ta-da! | -嗯 | 
| [12:36] | Oh! Oh sorry that might be an Alfa Romeo. | 抱歉 那可能是一台阿尔法罗密欧 | 
| [12:41] | -Yeah. -Hang on. | -是的 -稍等 | 
| [12:45] | It’s… | 在… | 
| [12:47] | [Jeremy] After this shaky start… | 经过这个不靠谱的开场之后… | 
| [12:50] | Dave made me jump through hoops for the rest of the morning. | 早上接下来的时间 戴夫让我四处奔忙 | 
| [12:55] | [Dave] There’s the can of petrol on | 地上有一罐汽油 | 
| [12:56] | the floor there Jeremy, what’s that for? | 是用来干什么的? | 
| [12:58] | What’s in the bags that are there in front of you? | 你面前的袋子里是什么? | 
| [13:00] | Any medicines that you use for the sheep, | 有给羊用的药吗 | 
| [13:02] | where are they stored? | 放在哪里? | 
| [13:03] | What’s the black bag we just walked past? | 那个黑色的袋子是什么? | 
| [13:05] | Is there a red picket anywhere? | 有红色尖木桩吗? | 
| [13:07] | Are you gonna be using that shed to store grain at harvest? | 你会在丰收的时候用那个棚子储存谷物吗? | 
| [13:10] | What make is that? What does it say on that? | 那是什么型号?上面写了什么? | 
| [13:11] | What do you do for vermin control here, Jeremy? | 你们这里害物防治是怎么做的 杰雷米? | 
| [13:14] | Nick, the mouse murderer comes. That’s not his real name. | 杀鼠人尼克会来 他真名不叫这个 | 
| [13:17] | What’s the batch number, please Jeremy? | 请问批号是多少? | 
| [13:19] | 17318. | |
| [13:20] | What’s the math number on that one, Jeremy? | 那个上面的数字是多少? | 
| [13:22] | 19/2H. | |
| [13:25] | 76325. | |
| [13:27] | /1549. | |
| [13:29] | Zero zero zero zero zero B. | |
| [13:35] | [Dave] Where abouts are the sheep then, Jeremy? | 羊在哪里 杰雷米? | 
| [13:37] | -See my tractor? -Yeah, very nice. | -看到我的拖拉机了吗? -看到了 | 
| [13:40] | Ah-ha, chemical store. | 很好 化学制剂仓库 | 
| [13:42] | Is there anything in there, should any liquid get spilt, | 如果有液体泄漏 | 
| [13:45] | is there anything in there that can mop it up? | 有可以用来清理的工具吗? | 
| [13:47] | We’ve got a Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence movie. | 我们有一部布拉德利库珀和詹妮弗劳伦斯的电影 | 
| [13:51] | Is that something you’d be interested in? | 你对这个感兴趣吗? | 
| [13:54] | That won’t do. | 这个不行 | 
| [13:55] | Yeah, so you need emergency facilities, | 你需要应急设施 | 
| [13:58] | which include sand, absorbent granules, | 包括沙子、吸水颗粒 | 
| [14:01] | a sump, an ability to retain a spillage. | 一个水槽 你要保证有容纳溢出液体的能力 | 
| [14:04] | Who does the transportation of the livestock? | 谁负责运输牲畜? | 
| [14:07] | Sometimes it’s me. | 有时候是我 | 
| [14:09] | [Dave] There’s still sort of animal muck in there. | 里面还有动物粪便 | 
| [14:11] | No, that’s just soil. There’s no animal muck. | 不 那只是土 里面没有动物粪便 | 
| [14:15] | Would you pick a handful of it up and show me closer? | 你可以抓一把凑近点给我看吗? | 
| [14:18] | I can. Hang on. There you go. | 我可以 稍等 来 | 
| [14:20] | The standard talks about trailers being clean, | 标准要求拖车要洁净 | 
| [14:22] | the trailer isn’t clean. | 拖车不干净 | 
| [14:26] | [Jeremy] After a ticking off | 完成化学试剂储存处和拖车的检查后 | 
| [14:27] | about the chemical store and the trailer, | |
| [14:29] | which had a bit of mud that wasn’t feces in it, | 拖车里虽然有泥 但没有屎 | 
| [14:32] | Dave asked to see my filing system. | 戴夫要求看一看我的文档系统 | 
| [14:36] | [Dave] Do you have a soil management plan | 你手边有土地管理计划吗 | 
| [14:38] | to hand there, Jeremy, at all? | 杰雷米 有没有? | 
| [14:40] | Oh, no that’s MMP no. | 这个…不是 那是肥料管理计划 没有 | 
| [14:44] | What was the question? I’ve forgotten. | 你问什么来着?我忘了 | 
| [14:46] | Is this the first audit | 这是你参与的第一次审计吗 | 
| [14:47] | you’ve been involved with, Jeremy? | 杰雷米? | 
| [14:49] | [Jeremy] Eventually with my phone battery on 2%, | 最后 我的手机电量只剩2% | 
| [14:52] | I had to cut to the chase. | 我必须直入主题了 | 
| [14:55] | [Jeremy] David, what I really wanna know, | 戴夫 我想知道… | 
| [14:57] | I appreciate there are two things that we’ve got wrong, | 很感谢你告诉我我们有两件事做错了 | 
| [15:00] | the sand pit and the muddy trailer, | 沙坑和带泥的拖车 | 
| [15:03] | but are we gonna be okay? | 不过我们可以通过吗? | 
| [15:07] | Yes. | 可以 | 
| [15:09] | [Jeremy] This made me very proud. | 这让我感到非常骄傲 | 
| [15:12] | I’ve done a thing! | 我成功了! | 
| [15:16] | Sadly though, there was no time to celebrate | 然而悲伤的是 我们没有时间庆祝 | 
| [15:18] | because the next emergency beckoned. | 因为又有一个紧急情况需要处理 | 
| [15:23] | Putting some wet into my wetlands. | 我的湿地需要水 | 
| [15:28] | [Jeremy] I mean look at the cracks. | -看看这些龟裂 | 
| [15:29] | -[Kaleb] Yeah. On the plus side, though. | -是啊 但从积极的角度看 | 
| [15:31] | -What? | -怎么讲? | 
| [15:32] | Grass is worth a lot of money at the minute. | -草很值钱 | 
| [15:34] | -Is it? -Mmm, hay. | -是吗?什么值钱 干草? -干草 | 
| [15:35] | -Hay. -Is it? | 是吗? | 
| [15:37] | Cut some hay, bale it, put it in the shed. | 割下干草 打包 放进棚子里 | 
| [15:39] | Guarantee, ’cause no one’s had a very good cut. | 保证赚钱 因为没人割到很好的干草 | 
| [15:41] | Well the sheep’s had most of the hay away. | -干草都被羊吃了 | 
| [15:43] | -Yeah. -Which you don’t like again. | -是啊 你又要说你不喜欢这样了 | 
| [15:45] | No, I mean, if you’d have not had the sheep, cut that for hay, | 如果你不养羊 把那些干草割下来 | 
| [15:49] | you’d have made more money on the hay | 你用干草可以挣到更多钱 | 
| [15:50] | than you would have the sheep. | |
| [15:51] | -I haven’t made any money on the sheep. | -我在羊身上没赚到钱 | 
| [15:52] | -Exactly, you’ve lost loads. | -还亏了很多 | 
| [15:54] | But what would you have lost if you’d cut it for hay? | 你把草割下来捆成干草会损失什么? | 
| [15:56] | -Nothing. -Exactly. | -什么都不会损失 -没错 | 
| [15:59] | And there’s my point again. Fuck the sheep. | 我又要说了 去他的养羊 | 
| [16:04] | [Jeremy] Kaleb Attenborough and I then turned our attention | 我和卡勒布艾登堡然后把注意力 | 
| [16:06] | to the watering solution system I’d bought. | 转向我买来的浇水解决方案系统 | 
| [16:11] | Solar powered water pump. | 太阳能水泵 | 
| [16:13] | That’s not gonna work, is it. Be realistic. | 没用的吧?现实一点 | 
| [16:16] | I don’t think it is either, | 我也觉得没用 | 
| [16:17] | but I’m going to give nature a chance. | 但我要给大自然一个机会 | 
| [16:20] | God has provided us with this power station in the sky | 上帝为我们提供了天上的能源站 | 
| [16:24] | and we’re going to try and use it. | 我们要尝试使用它 | 
| [16:28] | Let’s just lie them down for now, that’s a good idea. | 我们现在把它们放平 好主意 | 
| [16:31] | This should fire up the pump. | 这应该可以启动水泵 | 
| [16:33] | I’m about to lower an | 我就要把一个电力支持的物品放进池塘里了 | 
| [16:35] | electrically powered object into a pond. | |
| [16:40] | -Ready? -[Kaleb] Go for it. | -准备好了吗? -来吧 | 
| [16:52] | -You could piss faster than that. | 你尿尿都比这快 | 
| [16:54] | -That is just lamentable. | 这也太悲催了 | 
| [16:56] | -You know what the solution is, mate? | -你知道该怎么办吗? | 
| [16:58] | -What’s that? | -怎么办? | 
| [16:59] | Internal combustion. | 内燃机 | 
| [17:00] | It’s the solution to everything. Speed and power. | 这是万能的解决方案 速度和力量 | 
| [17:06] | [Jeremy] I therefore went shopping | 因此我就去购物了 | 
| [17:09] | and soon we had some meaty hoses. | 然后很快 我们就有了厚实的软管… | 
| [17:14] | And a generator that ran | 和一台靠琥珀色的琼浆 | 
| [17:16] | on the amber nectar that is petrol. | 也就是汽油 运转的发电机 | 
| [17:20] | [Jeremy] Solar power, my arse. | 去他的太阳能 | 
| [17:23] | -[Kaleb] Um, problem. -[Jeremy] Oh! [Jeremy laughs] | 遇到问题了 | 
| [17:28] | -Can you go and get it for me? -Yeah, of course. | -你可以去帮我拿一下吗? -当然 | 
| [17:32] | No, that’s stuck fast, mate, sorry, | 不 很快就卡住了 | 
| [17:34] | nothing I can do about that. | 伙计 抱歉 我帮不了你 | 
| [17:41] | Oh, you bastard! | 你这个混蛋! | 
| [17:42] | Well you got me in the tractor the other day, that is payback. | 你在拖拉机里喷到过我身上 这是报应 | 
| [17:45] | Fuel, pump on, choke on. | 燃油泵打开 阻气门打开 | 
| [17:50] | -Um, right. -Yeah, you ready? | -好 -你准备好了吗? | 
| [17:53] | [Jeremy] Here we are demonstrating that once again | 来了 我们再一次展示 | 
| [17:56] | solar power is no match for internal combustion. | 太阳能比不上内燃机 | 
| [18:02] | There it is. There it is. There it is! | 来了来了! | 
| [18:06] | Okay, that’s pretty wild actually. | 好吧 | 
| [18:10] | -[Kaleb] That’s not really working is it? | 这太猛了 | 
| [18:13] | -What do you mean? | -这不行吧? -什么意思? | 
| [18:14] | It’s too powerful. | 太强劲了 | 
| [18:15] | It’s taking all the seeds and the soil into the river there. | 所有种子和泥土都要冲进河里了 | 
| [18:19] | This is really hard work holding onto it. | 拿住这个管子真的很辛苦 | 
| [18:22] | -Oh! -[laughs] | |
| [18:26] | Fucking hell! No, shut it down. | 该死!不 关掉 | 
| [18:30] | Right, as I’ve always said, speed and power doesn’t work. | 好了 我一直都这么说 速度和力量不管用的 | 
| [18:34] | Solar power’s the answer. | 太阳能才行 | 
| [18:37] | And so… | 所以… | 
| [18:42] | Come on, Kaleb, we’ll let Zeus do his job. | 来吧 卡勒布 我们让宙斯做好他的工作 | 
| [18:45] | -Got to come back down in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后再回来 | 
| [18:47] | -I know. | 我知道 | 
| [18:49] | And water here and turn round and move the pipe. | 浇这里 然后转圈移动软管 | 
| [18:56] | [Jeremy] With the wetlands sorted, | 解决了湿地的问题 | 
| [18:58] | I plunged into my next project. | 我投入了下一个项目 | 
| [19:02] | Planting some trees for the government. | 为政府种一些树 | 
| [19:06] | Which in the driest May on record | 在有记录以来最干旱的五月 | 
| [19:09] | is not the sort of job your right leg will thank you for. | 你的右腿可不会喜欢这项工作 | 
| [19:18] | When Monty Don does this… | 蒙提唐做这种事的时候 | 
| [19:21] | it always looks so incredibly easy. | 看起来总是十分容易 | 
| [19:25] | The government announced that by 2025, | 政府宣布到2025年 | 
| [19:29] | it would plant 125 million trees in the UK | 他们要在英国种1.25亿棵树 | 
| [19:33] | and everybody said that’s fantastic! | 大家都说:“那太好了!” | 
| [19:36] | And it is. | 是很好 | 
| [19:38] | But where are all these trees gonna come from? | 但这些树要从哪里来? | 
| [19:41] | You’d have to import them from abroad and if you do that, | 要从国外进口 但进口之后 | 
| [19:43] | you get abroad diseases like Ash dieback | 会带来境外疾病 | 
| [19:46] | from Scandinavia | 比如斯堪的纳维亚的白蜡树枯梢病 | 
| [19:47] | and Dutch elm disease from Canada. | 还有加拿大的荷兰榆树病 | 
| [19:50] | And then that kills off all the trees that are already here. | 它们会杀死这里已经存在的树 | 
| [19:55] | And who was gonna plant them? 125 million trees! | 而且要让谁来种? 1.25亿棵树啊! | 
| [20:01] | You can’t even get people | 在这个国家让人们去摘草莓都难 | 
| [20:03] | to pick strawberries in this country. | |
| [20:08] | And selfishly, there’s another problem. | 自私地说 还有另一个问题 | 
| [20:11] | You know what I just thought of, if I plant a tree, | 我刚刚想到 如果我种一棵树 | 
| [20:14] | by the time it’s an actual tree, I’ll be dead. | 等它真正长成 我就死了 | 
| [20:19] | So I’m doing all this work | 我干的这些活都是为了一群白眼狼和千禧一代 | 
| [20:20] | for a bunch of ingrates and millennials. | |
| [20:27] | I need to speed this up. | 我要加速了 | 
| [20:41] | We’re managing to plant all these trees | 我们仅靠双轨车辆就种下了这些树 | 
| [20:43] | with just two track vehicles. | |
| [20:47] | The dump truck, the van and the lorry. That’s all we’re using. | 自动倾卸卡车、货车和卡车 我们就用到这些 生态友好低排放引擎 | 
| [20:55] | A tree! | 一棵树! | 
| [20:58] | -And this is the exhaust pipe. -This is the exhaust pipe. | 这是排气管 | 
| [21:00] | So this is an irrigation and an aeration tube. | 这是灌溉和曝气管 | 
| [21:03] | So it’s putting water around the edge of the roots. | 它会把水送到根部边缘 | 
| [21:07] | -So it’s got holes in it. -It’s got holes in it. | 里面有孔 | 
| [21:09] | And how old is it? Five, ten years? | 这棵树多大了?五岁?十岁? | 
| [21:11] | -Probably about 40-years-old, I reckon. | -我想应该40岁了 | 
| [21:12] | -Is it? | -是吗? | 
| [21:24] | And this is what I’ve ended up with, 20 new trees. | 这就是我的成果 20棵新树 | 
| [21:28] | Good for insects, good for birds, which will nest in them. | 对昆虫和鸟类都很好 | 
| [21:37] | I don’t normally like trees, | 可以供它们筑巢 我一般不喜欢树 | 
| [21:38] | but I like these ones ’cause they’ve all got exhaust pipes. | 但我喜欢这些树 因为它们都有排气管 | 
| [21:49] | As May came to a close, there was still no sign of rain. | 五月即将结束 还是没有要下雨的迹象 | 
| [21:57] | So we did everything we could | 我们尽己所能照看了所有作物和动物 | 
| [21:59] | to look after everything in our care. | |
| [22:03] | We built some shade for the trout. | 我们为鳟鱼创造了阴影 | 
| [22:07] | I moved water about non-stop. | 我马不停蹄地送水 | 
| [22:12] | Kaleb stood around with his hose. | 卡勒布拿着软管站着 | 
| [22:16] | And Charlie monitored the vegetables | 查理检查了我在封锁期间种下的蔬菜 | 
| [22:19] | I’d planted in lockdown. | |
| [22:22] | It’s not ideal conditions, but you know, | 情况不是最理想 | 
| [22:24] | we’ve got the farm shop, | 但我们有农用商店 | 
| [22:25] | we need something to stock it. | 我们的货架需要产品 | 
| [22:28] | We’ve got Swiss chard, we’ve got beans, | 我们有牛皮菜、豆子、蚕豆和芜菁甘蓝 | 
| [22:31] | broad beans, we’ve got swedes, | |
| [22:33] | we’ve got turnips, we’ve got leeks. | 还有大头菜和韭葱 | 
| [22:36] | Whatever you want, | 你想要的我们都种了 | 
| [22:38] | we’re growing it up here, or trying to. | 或者尝试种了 | 
| [22:39] | I think it’s gonna be a real challenge. | 我觉得会很有挑战 | 
| [22:45] | [Jeremy] But the biggest challenge | 但最大的挑战是我们主要作物的状态 | 
| [22:46] | was the state of our main crops, | |
| [22:50] | as Charlie pointed out on our next field walk. | 在我们接下来的田地漫步中查理指了出来 | 
| [22:55] | -So this wheat. -And if we come down, | 这片小麦 如果我们弯腰拔起 | 
| [22:57] | you can just see now that we’ve got quite a lot of… | 可以看到有很多… | 
| [23:01] | Brilliant, that’s a whole loaf of bread just gone. | 很好 一整块面包没有了 | 
| [23:03] | So we’ve got rust coming on the bottom. | 底部有锈斑 | 
| [23:05] | -We’ve got what? -Rust. | -有什么? -锈斑 | 
| [23:07] | -So it’s a type of disease. -What, like a Lancia? | -这是一种病 -什么 像蓝旗亚一样? | 
| [23:10] | Exactly. | 没错 | 
| [23:11] | But the main problem at the moment | 但现在最主要的问题是 | 
| [23:14] | is at this end of the plant, | 在植株根部 | 
| [23:15] | we need these lovely white | 我们需要新鲜的白色根须在湿润环境下继续生长 | 
| [23:18] | fresh roots to keep growing with the moisture. | |
| [23:20] | -And there isn’t any moisture. | -这里不够湿润 | 
| [23:21] | -‘Cause there isn’t any moisture. | -这里不够湿润 | 
| [23:22] | I mean we’ve been in lockdown now | 我们已经封锁六七周了吧? | 
| [23:24] | for six, seven weeks, haven’t we? | |
| [23:28] | It’s just because I came to see this rust. | -我是为了来看锈斑 -是 | 
| [23:30] | -Yes. | 但我们已经封锁了…根本就没下过雨 | 
| [23:31] | -But we’ve been in lockdown for… | 真的 | 
| [23:33] | -And it hasn’t really rained, really. | -大概两个月 | 
| [23:34] | -No, well, about two months. Yeah, two months. | -两个月了 | 
| [23:38] | It was the same parched story everywhere. | 到处都很干旱 | 
| [23:42] | He’s ripped up another bit. | 他又扯掉一株 | 
| [23:44] | It’s just getting a little bit stressed, moisture stress again. | 这里有胁迫 又有水分胁迫了 | 
| [23:47] | -So they become a bit waxy. -How do you know? | -有蜡质 -你怎么知道? | 
| [23:49] | -Oh, I see, so the white stuff? -The white stuff. | -我明白了 白色的东西? -白色的东西 | 
| [23:51] | So the white stuff is just like a wax, | 白色的东西就像蜡 | 
| [23:54] | so it’s just protecting itself, | 它在自我保护 | 
| [23:56] | So the leaves are curled. So it’s stressy when it’s got white stuff on it? | 所以有白色的东西就代表有水分胁迫? | 
| [23:59] | Yeah. And the leaves are curled to try and reduce moisture. | 叶片通过卷曲来减少水分 | 
| [24:02] | [Jeremy] Ah! So curling round is bad? | 卷曲是不好的? | 
| [24:04] | -Curling round is a bad sign. – Stress. | 卷曲是不好的迹象 | 
| [24:05] | [Dave] Stress, these crops are stressed. | 这些作物有水分胁迫 | 
| [24:08] | [Jeremy] The water shortage was a serious problem, | 缺水是个严重的问题 | 
| [24:12] | but it wasn’t the only thing that was bothering me. | 但不是唯一的问题 | 
| [24:16] | I was doing this thing the other day, | 我那天在做别的事 | 
| [24:18] | I was watching Kaleb spraying something or other. | 我看着卡勒布在喷东西 | 
| [24:22] | -Yeah? -Yeah. | -是啊? -是的 | 
| [24:23] | How long can we keep just spraying fields before they go, | 我们还可以这样喷多久 | 
| [24:27] | “Actually you know what? I’ve given all I can give”? | 才会面临“山穷水尽”的问题? | 
| [24:30] | -The crop? -Just the soil. | -你说作物? -我是说土地 | 
| [24:33] | Isn’t it a bit like saying to a footballer, | 这不就像在对足球运动员说 | 
| [24:36] | right you’ve done the whole Premier League season, | “你完成了英超赛季 | 
| [24:38] | now you’re immediately going on to play | “你现在马上要去南半球打比赛 | 
| [24:42] | in the Southern Hemisphere | |
| [24:43] | and you’ve got to give just as much | “你的表现要保持一样优秀 | 
| [24:45] | there and then straight back. | 然后再回来” | 
| [24:47] | They’re not gonna last very long as footballers. | 它们不会像足球运动员那么耐久 | 
| [24:50] | So that’s why we have a rotation. | 所以我们才有轮换机制 | 
| [24:52] | So we grow different… | 种不一样的… | 
| [24:53] | But we do wheat, barley, rape. So there’s no real… | 但我们种的是小麦、大麦、油菜 没有什么真正的… | 
| [24:56] | But the rotation breaks up the rotation of chemicals. | 但轮换可以让使用的化学制剂得以交替 | 
| [24:59] | And we’re not just pouring on chemicals | 我们使用化学试剂不是无缘无故的 | 
| [25:01] | just for the sake of it. | |
| [25:02] | I appreciate it. We’re doing it for all the right reasons. | 我们都是为了一些很重要的理由 | 
| [25:05] | Feed the world, keep the crops healthy. | 喂饱全世界 让作物健康生长 | 
| [25:07] | Long term though, some people are saying, | 长期来看 | 
| [25:10] | I mean they’re probably scaremongers, | 有些也许是危言耸听的人说 | 
| [25:11] | but nevertheless, | 在这个国家 | 
| [25:13] | they’re saying that in this country | |
| [25:14] | we only have 90 or 100 harvests left | 我们还能再收获90或100次 | 
| [25:17] | before the top soil is dead. | 然后土壤就会枯竭 | 
| [25:20] | -Am I allowed to be a bit worried? | -我可以表示一点担心吗? | 
| [25:22] | -It’s only right to be worried. | -担心是完全合理的 | 
| [25:26] | [Jeremy] Once Charlie and I had finished the crop walk, | 我和查理结束了田间漫步之后 | 
| [25:29] | I turned my attention to a murder mystery. | 我的注意力转到了一起谋杀谜案上 | 
| [25:33] | Normally my hens look like this. | 通常我的母鸡们是这样的 | 
| [25:37] | But in the last couple of days, | 但在过去几天里 | 
| [25:39] | they’d started to look like this. | 它们开始变成了这样 | 
| [25:44] | And I just worked out what was going on. | 我刚弄明白发生了什么事 | 
| [25:51] | This is a pastoral scene, you would agree. | 你一定认为这是一个美好的田园景色 | 
| [25:53] | All the sheep rubbing up against the henhouses. | 所有羊都在蹭鸡舍 | 
| [25:58] | There’s nothing pastoral about it, though. | 但这一点也不田园风情 | 
| [26:00] | Because what they do is they open the henhouse doors. | 因为它们把鸡舍的门打开了 | 
| [26:06] | Not making it up, they rub against the catches until… | 我不是胡编滥造 它们不断地蹭门闩 直到… | 
| [26:09] | No, the blue one, they’ve opened it, come on. | 不 蓝色那个 它们已经打开了 来 | 
| [26:14] | There you go. | 看吧 | 
| [26:17] | Come on, clear off. | 来 让开 | 
| [26:19] | Look, they rub themselves against the catches | 看 它们用自己蹭门闩 | 
| [26:23] | so the door opens and the hens can get out. | 门就打开了 母鸡就跑出来了 | 
| [26:27] | I wonder why they do it? | 我在想 它们为什么要这么做? | 
| [26:30] | The only reason I can think is that | 我能想到的唯一一个原因是 | 
| [26:33] | they’re bored and they just think, | 它们很无聊 于是心想 | 
| [26:35] | “Hey, girls, let’s just go and let some hens out | “嘿 姐妹们 我们去放几只母鸡出来 | 
| [26:39] | “and see how far they get | “看看它们被狐狸吃掉前能跑多远” | 
| [26:40] | before they’re eaten by the fox.” | |
| [26:42] | I mean the foxes live in a hole, | 狐狸们住在洞里 | 
| [26:45] | I can see it actually from here, in that hedge. | 我在这里就能看见 在那片树篱里 | 
| [26:47] | Basically they’re living opposite a branch of KFC. | 它们这就是住在肯德基分店对面 | 
| [26:51] | The sheep know the foxes are there. | 羊群知道那里有狐狸 | 
| [26:52] | They know the hens are here. | 这里有鸡 | 
| [26:54] | It’s just a game to them. | 对它们来说就是玩游戏 | 
| [26:59] | [Jeremy] Kaleb, however, dismissed my theory. | 然而卡勒布驳回了我的理论 | 
| [27:02] | As we built a fence to stop the problem, | 我们建了一个围栏来解决问题 | 
| [27:05] | he said the sheep were rubbing themselves on the henhouses | 他说羊群蹭鸡舍 | 
| [27:08] | because they were hot and itchy. | 是因为太热太痒 | 
| [27:12] | Which meant it was time to shear them. | 也就是说该给它们剪毛了 | 
| [27:17] | -Well, they basically live in this field. | -它们就生活在这片地里 | 
| [27:19] | -Yeah. | -是的 | 
| [27:20] | Well there’s a story to tell there, isn’t there? | 那里看来有故事 | 
| [27:22] | That’s green and that isn’t. | 那片是绿的 但那片不是 | 
| [27:23] | [Jeremy] So I gave Kevin from the NSA a call | 我给国羊局的凯文打了个电话 | 
| [27:27] | and he was keen to hear how I’d got on with the lambing. | 他很想听听我的羊羔接生工作进展如何 | 
| [27:30] | [Jeremy] Overall, all the lambs have survived, except one. | 总体来说 所有羊羔只有一只没活下来 | 
| [27:34] | [Kevin] Well that’s good. | 那很好了 | 
| [27:35] | [Jeremy] I did put my hand up one’s bottom by mistake. | 我确实失误把手伸进了一只羊的肛门 | 
| [27:39] | -I bet you’ve done that. -No. | -我相信你也这么干过 -没有 | 
| [27:42] | It was an honest mistake. I wasn’t doing it on purpose. | 真的是失误 我不是故意的 | 
| [27:46] | -[Kevin] Is this your friend? -Yeah, this is the one. | 这是你说的那只吗? | 
| [27:48] | I think this is the one I went up the back, | 我觉得我就是捅了这只的屁股 | 
| [27:50] | ’cause every time I come, | 因为我每次来 | 
| [27:51] | she comes and looks at me like, “Please don’t do that again.” | 它都看着我像在说:“别再那么干了” | 
| [27:54] | -Yeah, but because there’s people here. | -是的 | 
| [27:56] | -I’ve apologized. | 因为这里有其他人 -我道歉了 | 
| [28:01] | [Jeremy] Soon, Ellen the shepherd arrived with a mate. | 很快 牧羊人艾伦带着帮手来了 | 
| [28:05] | The sheep were rounded up in their pens… | 羊群被圈在它们的围栏里 | 
| [28:10] | and a blizzard of shearing began. | 一场剪羊毛闪电行动开始了 | 
| [28:26] | -God look at… Does that spin round then? | -天啊 | 
| [28:27] | -Yeah. | 看…那个会转吗? -是的 | 
| [28:29] | Oh, I’ve found it. | 我找到了 | 
| [28:32] | -What if you get your finger in there? | -如果把手指伸进去会怎样? | 
| [28:34] | -They’ll come off. | -会断 | 
| [28:35] | That’s bloody… | 我会把手切掉的…为什么要这样? | 
| [28:36] | I’m gonna cut my hand off if I… -Why do they have that? -[Ellen] So you can move it. | 这样才能移动 | 
| [28:41] | ‘Cause otherwise you wouldn’t be able | 不然你无法越过羊身上的突起 | 
| [28:42] | to get over all the bumps -and the bends of the sheep. -That’s lethal. | 这太危险了 | 
| [28:50] | -You pull them out upside down. -‘Cause then it’s easy. | 你要倒着把它们拉出来? | 
| [28:53] | You can get straight on and start clipping them. | 这样比较容易 你可以直接开始剃毛 | 
| [28:55] | Just saves you time. | 节省时间 | 
| [28:56] | And this is done mainly for welfare reasons, isn’t it. | 这主要是为了福祉考虑 | 
| [28:59] | I mean ’cause they’d be too hot. | 不然它们就太热了 | 
| [29:01] | They’d be too hot and it’s more likely | 太热了也可能生蛆 | 
| [29:03] | they’d get maggots as well. | |
| [29:04] | [Kevin] Right, you’re looking for a job, I assume. | 我看你好像在找活干 | 
| [29:07] | [Jeremy] Kevin then set me to work rolling up the fleeces. | 然后凯文让我负责卷羊毛 | 
| [29:11] | All right. Throw it out. | 好 扔出去 | 
| [29:16] | Can you tell which was the back end from the neck? | 你能分清哪边是屁股哪边是脖子吗? | 
| [29:18] | -I reckon that’s the back. -No, that’s the neck. | 我看那边是屁股 -那是脖子 | 
| [29:21] | -[Jeremy] Yeah, I knew that. -A bit of poo there look. | -我就知道 -看 | 
| [29:23] | [Jeremy] Yeah, that’s shit, yeah. | 这里有点屎 -那是屎 | 
| [29:24] | [Kevin] Need to take any poo off like that, | 要把屎摘掉 这样 | 
| [29:27] | roll it up tight, bring your neck round | 裹紧 | 
| [29:31] | and stuff it in there. | 绕过脖子 塞进里面 | 
| [29:38] | That’s a nice one. | 这个不错 | 
| [29:40] | This one was crapping… | 这个上面全是屎… | 
| [29:41] | How’s it got crap at the back and the front? | 它怎么会后面和前面都是屎? | 
| [29:44] | Look it’s crapped everywhere. It’s got it on its feet. | 看 到处是屎 它蹄子上也有 | 
| [29:48] | I immediately decided rolling wasn’t for me. | 我马上意识到 卷羊毛不适合我 | 
| [29:52] | I want to have a go at that. Can I do the next one? | 我想试试那个 -下一个可以让我来吗? | 
| [29:55] | If you want. So you get her head. | -如果你想的话 你抓住它的脑袋 | 
| [29:59] | And get her tail. | 然后抓住它的尾巴 | 
| [30:03] | And they’re gonna bend towards each other | 它会蜷缩起来 | 
| [30:05] | and you’re gonna step back. | 首尾靠拢 然后你后退 | 
| [30:06] | No, no! | 不! | 
| [30:13] | Right. First of all, I’ve got to be calm. | 好 首先 我要冷静 | 
| [30:17] | Give them no sense that I’m gonna | 让它们意识不到我要背摔它们 | 
| [30:18] | roll them on their back in a moment. | |
| [30:20] | Just talking to you. Sheep psychology. Here we go. | 跟你说说话 羊群心理学 | 
| [30:22] | -She already knows you’re after her. | -它已经知道了 | 
| [30:23] | -Of course she does. | -它当然知道 | 
| [30:25] | Stay calm, Kev, stay calm. | 冷静 凯文 冷静 | 
| [30:27] | Let’s have no panicking from you two. | 不要因为你们两个产生恐慌 | 
| [30:28] | Okay. Put your hand on her chin. | 把你的手放在它脸颊上 | 
| [30:32] | I’ve done a thing. | 我成功了! | 
| [30:36] | -We got her. -Well, yeah, but she’s on me. | -我们来抓它 -是 但它是我要剪的羊 | 
| [30:39] | The next move is head. | 下一步是脑袋 | 
| [30:42] | I’m gonna get kicked. | 我要被踢了 | 
| [30:43] | Ow, it’s got me in the testes! Oh, that’s it. Right. | 它踢了我的蛋!是了 | 
| [30:49] | [all laugh] | 好 | 
| [30:53] | I can’t wrestle sheep. | 我没法和羊摔跤 | 
| [30:58] | To make life easier, Ellen pulled a sheep out for me. | 为了轻松一点 艾伦为我拉出了一只羊 | 
| [31:04] | So you want to put that leg up your bum crack. | 你要把那条腿放在股间 | 
| [31:07] | -Up my bum crack? -Yeah. | -在我屁股中间? -是的 | 
| [31:09] | -Where do I put her head? -Her head stays forward. | -我要把它的脑袋放哪里? -脑袋保持在前方 | 
| [31:12] | That side. Oh, God! Oh look, I know I’ll settle her down. | 那边 哦 天啊!这… 看 我会把它放倒 | 
| [31:16] | Where are you going on your holidays this year? | 你今年要去哪里度假? | 
| [31:19] | There you go, now we’ve got a relaxed relationship going on. | 好了 | 
| [31:22] | Whoa! In the inner thigh! | 现在我们的关系缓和了 大腿内侧! | 
| [31:33] | Fucking hell, that’s impossible. | 该死 这根本做不到 | 
| [31:36] | I couldn’t believe the idea of holding a sheep down, | 我不敢相信…把羊抓起来放倒 | 
| [31:40] | already you need to be an octopus to do that, | 你得有章鱼那么多手才能做到 | 
| [31:42] | already you need eight legs and you need to be strong. | 你需要八条腿 | 
| [31:45] | -[Ellen] Yeah. -Then it’s lying there, | 还要身强力壮 它躺在那儿 | 
| [31:47] | thrashing its head around, looking for a weak spot in you, | 四处张望 寻找你身上的弱点 | 
| [31:50] | while you’re operating a thing | 而你正在操作的工具 | 
| [31:52] | that would have your hand off as quick as anything. | 随时可以迅速切掉你的手 | 
| [31:55] | I mean, the old dog I thought was impressive, | 你的狗已经让我刮目相看了 | 
| [31:57] | and now you’re more impressive | 现在你在我眼中比你的狗还厉害 | 
| [31:59] | -than your dog. -[laughs] | |
| [32:01] | [Jeremy] After the shearing debacle, | 在经历剪羊毛的灾难之后 | 
| [32:03] | I was put back on rolling duties. | 我回去做卷羊毛的工作了 | 
| [32:07] | And how did you spend the day, Jeremy? | 你今天做了什么 杰雷米? | 
| [32:08] | Well ripping dingle berries out of shaved sheep’s coats. | 从剪下的羊毛上撕掉屎球 | 
| [32:13] | Because this is a sheep related enterprise, | 因为这门生意和羊有关 | 
| [32:16] | I suspected it wouldn’t be financially rewarding either. | 我怀疑财务收益也不会好 | 
| [32:20] | I know there’s Covid, so there’s no exports to China. | 我知道有疫情 没法出口到中国了 | 
| [32:23] | Nobody’s building houses, so nobody’s buying new carpets. | 没有人建房子 所以没人要买新地毯 | 
| [32:27] | And nobody wears wool clothes anymore | 已经没人穿羊毛衣了 | 
| [32:28] | ’cause everybody wears tracksuits and football shirts. | 因为大家都穿运动服和足球衫 | 
| [32:32] | So how much am I gonna get for that fleece? | 那一条羊毛我能卖多少钱? | 
| [32:36] | That probably I’d say 30 to 40p. | 我想大概是30到40便士 | 
| [32:40] | So, if there’s 77 sheep. | 如果有77只羊… | 
| [32:46] | £30.80. | 30.8英镑 | 
| [32:48] | £30.80 is what I’m going to get for all this wool! | 这些羊毛就卖30.8英镑? | 
| [32:53] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [32:54] | Ellen is £1.75 a sheep, her mate’s the same. | 艾伦剪一只羊收1.75英镑 她的同伴收费相同 | 
| [32:58] | I then get 40 pence for what they produce. | 然后他们产出的制品我能卖40便士 | 
| [33:01] | Mmm-hmm. | |
| [33:03] | Kev, this is a bam business. | 凯文 应该是个禁止的生意 | 
| [33:07] | Yeah, but we’re not doing this section now | 但我们做这门生意并不是真的为了赚钱 | 
| [33:09] | really to make money are we. | 对吗? | 
| [33:10] | It did in the olden days. | 过去确实是赚钱的 | 
| [33:12] | Think about it half a million sheep | 12世纪科茨沃尔德有五十万只羊 | 
| [33:14] | in the Cotswolds in the 12th century | |
| [33:16] | and there were only two million people in the whole country. | 整个国家才两百万人 | 
| [33:18] | Sheep outnumbered people | 羊的数量比英国人口的四分之一还多 | 
| [33:20] | back then four to one in Britain. | |
| [33:21] | Yeah, I mean if you look round | 你看看这附近的城镇 | 
| [33:23] | at some of the towns around here, they got unfeasibly large churches, | 有很多很大的教堂 | 
| [33:26] | that’s because all the people | 靠羊毛赚钱的人回馈社区 | 
| [33:27] | that made their money out of the wool, | |
| [33:29] | felt they needed to give to the community | |
| [33:30] | and just built massive churches. | 建造了庞大的教堂 | 
| [33:32] | Yeah. There, we’ve got massive churches and big houses. | 那里有大教堂和大房子 | 
| [33:35] | Why do people wear tracksuits? | 人们为什么要穿运动服?我们为什么不宣布运动服非法? | 
| [33:36] | Why don’t we make tracksuits illegal? | |
| [33:38] | And football shirts, illegal. Illegal. | 足球衫也是 非法 | 
| [33:42] | You can only wear woolen clothing. | -你只能穿羊毛衣 | 
| [33:44] | We’re right behind you. | -我们支持你 | 
| [33:46] | -Right, no more tracksuits. -Woolly underpants. | -是的 别穿运动服了 -羊毛内裤 | 
| [33:48] | Woolly underpants. | 羊毛内裤 | 
| [33:51] | As Ellen and her mate blitzed through the sheep, | 在艾伦和她的伙伴给羊群光速剃毛时 | 
| [33:55] | I got a visit from Gerald, who’d also been to the shearers. | 杰拉德来看我了 他也来了剪毛现场 | 
| [34:00] | -All right, Gerald. -Hello. | -你好 | 
| [34:03] | I didn’t think you’d be with the herds out here. | 杰拉德 | 
| [34:07] | That’s the area with all the shit on. | -你好 | 
| [34:09] | I can finish it off if you want? I’ve got the shit. [laughs] Yeah, I know. I reckon now you’d pick whatever or whichever one tank to put on each tree, haven’t you? | 我可以把它弄完 | 
| [34:18] | And not disturbing them, I would have thought they’d have went to Manchester. Another thing I found two years ago on the subject… | 我有剪子 | 
| [34:25] | Oh, yeah. But, you know, with the old back, it’s a terrible job, that is. You got bloody hoses fetching out there | 哦 | 
| [34:33] | in the place where your pond is. Find no animals at all round here now. You’re better off with the dirt. You can’t do that with animals. | 是的 | 
| [34:44] | Yeah. Right, I’m gonna roll this up. | 是 好 我还是卷羊毛吧 | 
| [34:46] | Nice talking to you Gerald. | 很高兴和你说话 杰拉德 | 
| [34:50] | As the afternoon wore on, | 下午的时光不断流逝 | 
| [34:51] | the valueless fleeces kept on coming, | 不值钱的羊毛越来越多 | 
| [34:55] | until eventually all we had left were the two rams. | 直到最后我们只剩两只公羊 | 
| [34:59] | Wayne and Leonardo. | 韦恩和莱昂纳多 | 
| [35:04] | If he writhes around now… | 如果它现在转身… | 
| [35:10] | Funny thing is the real Wayne Rooney, | 有趣的是 | 
| [35:13] | when he goes to the barbers, | 真正的韦恩鲁尼去理发店 | 
| [35:14] | he normally comes out with more hair | 出来的时候都比进去的时候头发多 | 
| [35:16] | than he went in with, but not this one. | 这哥们就不一样了 | 
| [35:20] | With Wayne and Leo sporting their new BNP haircuts, | 等韦恩和莱昂换上新的英国国家党发型后 | 
| [35:24] | it was time to down tools and crack open a beer. | 是时候放下工具 开一瓶啤酒了 | 
| [35:28] | I don’t feel like I quite earned it though, | 我觉得我不配喝 | 
| [35:30] | I’ve got to be honest, ’cause I | 说实话 | 
| [35:31] | didn’t really master sheep shearing. | 我并没有学会剪羊毛 | 
| [35:33] | Yeah, but as the host, it’s always good | 是的 | 
| [35:36] | to have a beer with the shearers | 但作为主人 和剪羊毛的人一起喝啤酒还是挺好的 | 
| [35:38] | to say thank you for all the hard work. | 感谢他们的辛苦工作 | 
| [35:40] | Yeah, but they brought the beer, so I’m now feeling bad. | 是他们带的啤酒 我感觉很愧疚 | 
| [35:42] | You didn’t tell me about the need | 你没告诉我剪羊毛要带啤酒来 | 
| [35:44] | to bring beer to a sheep shearing, | |
| [35:47] | and he didn’t tell me that sheep have two holes at the back. | 你也没告诉我绵羊屁股后面有两个洞 | 
| [35:51] | -Well, you know that now, don’t you? | 你现在知道了吧?学到了 | 
| [35:53] | -Oh, yeah. | |
| [35:53] | You learned that one. | |
| [35:57] | [Jeremy] With the beer break over, | 啤酒时光结束后 | 
| [35:58] | there was still one job left. | 还剩一项工作 | 
| [36:01] | Move the sheep to their new field, | 把羊群赶到新的草地 | 
| [36:03] | which was on the other side of the farm. | 在农场的另一边 | 
| [36:06] | And given that I hadn’t been much help all day, | 鉴于我今天一整天没怎么帮上忙 | 
| [36:09] | I volunteered to take point | 我自告奋勇在前面引领羊群 | 
| [36:12] | and steer the flock from the front. | 走吧 | 
| [36:15] | -[sheep bleating] -Come on, girls. Come on, girls! | 姑娘们! | 
| [36:21] | Come on girls, you’re going on a road now. | 走啊 姑娘们 上路了 | 
| [36:24] | -Welcome to my world, the highways. | 欢迎体验我的生活 | 
| [36:26] | -[sheep bleating] | 高速公路 | 
| [36:28] | “Baa” to you too. No, no, not there. | 我也冲你叫 不 不是那边 | 
| [36:32] | [Kevin] Don’t let them go by, Jeremy! | 别让它们走到路边去 杰雷米! | 
| [36:34] | No, you’ve overtaken me. Whoa, slow down! | 不 你们超过我了 哇 慢点! | 
| [36:37] | -[Kevin] You’re in front, Jeremy! | -你要在前面 杰雷米! | 
| [36:40] | -No, no, whoa! | -不 哇! | 
| [36:42] | [Kevin] You’ve got to be in front of them! | 你必须在它们前面! | 
| [36:45] | That’s not gone terribly well. | 感觉很不顺利 | 
| [36:49] | -[Ellen] Come here! -[Kevin whistles] | -过来! -绕过去 | 
| [36:53] | Where are you going? | 你们要去哪儿? -趴下! | 
| [36:57] | -[Ellen] Lie down! -[Kevin] Come on, girls. | -来 姑娘们 | 
| [37:02] | Well, they’ve just… | 它们简直…它们在踩踏农作物 | 
| [37:05] | Now they’re just trampling the crop now. | |
| [37:07] | -[Kevin] Come on, girls. -Well, walk on the margins. | -过来 姑娘们 -沿边缘走 | 
| [37:15] | They all think they’re Russell Crowe. | 它们都以为自己是罗素克劳 | 
| [37:18] | [whistles] | |
| [37:22] | -[Jeremy] Come on, girls! -[Kevin] Come on, girls! | -来啊 姑娘们! -来啊 姑娘们! | 
| [37:26] | [Jeremy] Come to me. This has not gone well. | 到我这儿来 这不太好 | 
| [37:28] | -[Kevin] Come on, girls. -There’s the dog. | -来 姑娘们 -狗在那里 | 
| [37:30] | The dog contributing slightly to this, mostly me. | 狗的贡献很少 主要靠我 | 
| [37:34] | Come on, girls! | 来 姑娘们! | 
| [37:38] | Don’t do that. Don’t do that. | 别那样 | 
| [37:41] | No. No. No! | 不! | 
| [37:45] | -[Ellen] Wait. Come by. -[Jeremy] Right, watch the dog. | -等等 过来 -对 看那只狗 | 
| [37:47] | [Ellen] Come by, come by, come by! Come by! | 过来! | 
| [37:50] | [Jeremy] Come on dog, get them back. | 来 狗狗 把它们追回来 | 
| [37:56] | Good dog. There they go. | 好狗狗 好了 | 
| [38:00] | -[Ellen] Get on. -[Jeremy] Go on labradog. | -往前走 -走啊 拉不拉狗 | 
| [38:02] | [Kevin] Come on, girls. | 来 姑娘们 | 
| [38:06] | [Jeremy] They’re now going in the right direction. | 它们现在走上了正确的方向 | 
| [38:09] | -That’s a great sight. -[Ellen] Not a bad view, is it? | -这风景真好 -不错吧? | 
| [38:12] | -[Jeremy] It’s lovely, isn’t it? | -很好 | 
| [38:13] | -[Kevin] That’s the beauty of this job. | -这就是这份工作的魅力 | 
| [38:14] | See something like that and it just makes you smile. | 看到这样的景色能让自己笑出来 | 
| [38:19] | [Jeremy] Eventually after a fraught | 最后 | 
| [38:21] | but visually stunning journey, | 在一段担惊受怕但风景怡人的旅程之后 | 
| [38:24] | the sheep were at their destination. | 绵羊到达了目的地 | 
| [38:36] | This is the very field where I first had | 这就是最初让我产生养羊的想法的那片地 | 
| [38:38] | the idea to keep sheep. | |
| [38:39] | I thought they’d be a cheap and easy way | 我以为用生态的方式除草便宜又简单 | 
| [38:43] | of keeping the grass down ecologically. | |
| [38:48] | But seriously, I could have done this field, | 说实话 这片地 | 
| [38:50] | mown it completely in the tractor in an hour, | 我用拖拉机一个小时就能完成除草 | 
| [38:54] | would have cost me a tenner in diesel. | 油费最多10英镑 | 
| [38:56] | But no, Jeremy knows best. I shall keep sheep. | 可是不要 杰雷米最懂了 | 
| [39:00] | [laughs] What was I thinking of? | “我要养羊” 我当时在想什么啊? | 
| [39:09] | I quite enjoyed having them though. | 但我挺享受养它们的 | 
| [39:15] | So, the newly trimmed sheep | 新修剪过的绵羊现在可以抵御高温了 | 
| [39:17] | were now equipped to deal with the heat, | |
| [39:20] | which is more than could be said of my new trees. | 比我新种的树要强 | 
| [39:27] | Even though we were watering them constantly, | 尽管我不断给它们浇水 | 
| [39:30] | they were all shedding their leaves and dying. | 它们还是在掉树叶 逐渐枯死 | 
| [39:37] | And it was the same story everywhere. | 到处都一样 5月31日 6月1日 | 
| [39:45] | I’d be harvesting the crops in six weeks’ time. | 我六周后就要收庄稼了 | 
| [39:49] | And the big question was would they all | 最大的问题是 | 
| [39:52] | just be shriveled husks by then? | 那时候它们会只剩干瘪的外壳吗? 下集预告 | 
| [40:02] | Give me anything, grow something, make something. | 你倒是给我点什么卖啊 -种点东西 | 
| [40:05] | -I am growing things. -Do something. | -我在种啊 做点什么 | 
| [40:07] | Now we have to have an enforcement case opened on us. | 现在我们面临一个针对我们开庭审理的执法案件 | 
| [40:10] | [car honks] | |
| [40:12] | Are you fucking having me on? | 你在逗我吗? | 
| [40:13] | Every single thing you can do in the countryside, | 你在乡下可以做的每件事 | 
| [40:15] | you can’t do in London. | 在伦敦都不能做 | 
| [40:18] | Where am I? | 我在哪? 创意监督:罗婷婷 |