时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | [music playing] | |
[00:08] | [birds chirping and wings flapping] | |
[00:14] | [sheep bleating] | |
[00:22] | [Jeremy] On my farm, most of the land is used to grow crops. | 我的农场大部分土地都用来种植 |
[00:30] | But not all of it. | 但也不全是 |
[00:33] | Nearly 300 acres is like this, natural, | 近1800亩是这样自然 |
[00:38] | wild, | 野性 |
[00:41] | and teeming with rare grasses, with flowers, | 长满稀有的绿草和鲜花 |
[00:45] | and bees. | 蜜蜂飞舞 |
[00:48] | This part of the farm is so ecological and diverse | 农场的这些地方非常生态且多样化 |
[00:52] | and sustainable and good for global warming. | 具有可持续性 对全球变暖有好处 |
[00:54] | DEFRA, which is the Department of… | 那个粮什么农部… |
[00:58] | something… | 那个… |
[01:00] | Food and Rural Affairs, | 粮食与农村事务 |
[01:01] | gives me actual cash money | 真的付现金给我 |
[01:04] | to not grow crops on it. | 让我不要在这里种作物 |
[01:06] | All I have to do in return is mow it once a year. | 作为回报 我只需每年割一次草 |
[01:09] | And that gave me an idea. | 这让我产生一个想法 |
[01:11] | Instead of using a machine to mow it, | 与其用机器割草 |
[01:13] | why not use sheep? | 为什么不用羊呢? |
[01:15] | Sheep keep everything nice and tidy, | 羊可以让这里的一切保持美好整洁 |
[01:18] | and they fertilize the soil, | 同时肥沃土壤 |
[01:19] | and I can sell their babies for profit. | 我还能卖羊宝宝赚钱 |
[01:22] | It’s a genius business plan. | 天才商业计划 |
[01:24] | I’m basically Alan Sugar in wellies. | 我就是个穿雨靴的阿兰休格 |
[01:29] | Having decided to be a sheep farmer, | 决定做牧羊人之后 |
[01:32] | I went to a nearby market to buy stock, | 我去附近一个市场买家畜 |
[01:35] | and immediately there was a problem. | 马上就遇到了一个问题 |
[01:50] | Well, I mean I’m just completely at a loss. | 我完全没有头绪 |
[01:53] | I’m at a loss. I don’t know… | 我没有头绪 我不知道… |
[02:04] | Are they the same as them? | 它们和它们一样吗? |
[02:07] | I know how my mum felt when she was trying to buy a car. | 我懂我妈买车时的感受了 |
[02:10] | They all look exactly the same. | 它们看起来完全一样 |
[02:12] | Or my dad, | 或者是我爸 |
[02:13] | when he was listening to pop music. | 听流行音乐时的感受 |
[02:15] | Spice Girls, Led Zeppelin, all the same to him. | 辣妹组合、齐柏林飞艇 对他来说都一样 |
[02:19] | To guide me through this woolly labyrinth | 为了获得穿越羊毛迷宫的指导 |
[02:22] | I spoke to Kevin from the National Sheep Association, | 我和全国绵羊协会的凯文聊了一下 |
[02:25] | which hilariously is known as the NSA. | 很好笑的是 协会简称国羊局 |
[02:30] | Is there like, a Freesian Bull Institute? | 是不是还有联合黑白公牛调研局? |
[02:34] | Like FBI and CIA and NSA? | 简称联牛局 再加上种情局和国羊局? |
[02:36] | I can’t say too much about it. | 我不方便透露太多 |
[02:39] | The NSA, that’s just brilliant. | 国羊局 太棒了 |
[02:42] | Have you looked after sheep before? | 你以前照顾过绵羊吗? |
[02:45] | No? | 没有 |
[02:46] | So you want something that’s gonna look after you | 你需要那种只要你照顾得好 |
[02:47] | as well as you looking after them. | 收益会不错的羊儿? |
[02:48] | Right, so, but these are all lady sheep, aren’t they? | 是的 不过这些都是母羊吧? |
[02:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:52] | So, if I buy 80 sheeps… | 如果我买80头羊… |
[02:54] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:55] | How many man sheeps do I need? | 我需要多少头公羊? |
[02:57] | -Uh… -Eighty? | |
[02:59] | Well, you could get away with one, | 只买一头就可以 |
[03:01] | but then you might have a risk if there was a problem with that ram. | 但如果它出问题 风险可能会很高 |
[03:04] | But he’s got to… mmm… | 但它可以… |
[03:05] | Yeah, so I would go over… probably err on the side of caution and go for two. | 是的 所以谨慎起见我会买两头 |
[03:11] | What? So each man sheep will impregnate 40 lady sheeps. | 什么?每头公羊可以让40头母羊怀孕 |
[03:16] | Yeah, easily, yeah. | 对 很容易 |
[03:18] | Not a bad job. | 这差事不赖 |
[03:19] | In a very short space of time as well. | 耗时也很短 |
[03:22] | [Jeremy] We then had to decide what sort of lady sheep would be best. | 然后我们需要决定 哪种母羊最好 |
[03:26] | Well, what you can see here, | 你在这里可以看到 |
[03:28] | you’ve got a lot of north country mules. | 有很多北国混血羊 |
[03:30] | North country mules is a good sheep that will look after you as well. | 北国混血羊是一种产出不错的好羊 |
[03:34] | Um, it creates a really good mum. | 这种羊的母羊很优秀 |
[03:36] | She gets plenty of milk, | 奶水很多 |
[03:37] | plenty of lambs. | 下崽很多 |
[03:38] | They lamb quite easily and nicely, | 生产非常轻松 |
[03:41] | and it wouldn’t be a bad shout as a sort of start off… | 作为新手从它们开始是不错的… |
[03:43] | North, right, so a north country, | 北 北国 |
[03:46] | north face, north-kin. | 北脸 北方羊 |
[03:48] | North country mule. | 北国混血羊 |
[03:49] | Right. | 好 |
[03:52] | [Jeremy] We then had to decide which north country mules would be best. | 然后我们要决定选哪种北国混血羊好 |
[03:57] | [Kevin] So you got yourself a catalogue? | 你拿到目录了吗? |
[03:59] | Um, yeah, no. | 啊 没有 |
[04:01] | No, right. | 没有 好的 |
[04:02] | So you need to get a catalogue, | 你需要一份目录 |
[04:03] | and that will give you a list, | 上面有清单 |
[04:04] | so you can see who they are, where they are. | 写着它们是谁 在哪里 |
[04:07] | [Jeremy] This one’s electric fence trained. | 这只接受过电网训练 |
[04:09] | [Kevin] Well, have you got fences? | 你们有栅栏吗? |
[04:12] | Not really. | 没有 |
[04:13] | No? How are you going to keep them in? | -没有?你要怎么圈养它们? |
[04:14] | Walls. | -用墙围起来 |
[04:15] | They could jump the walls. | -它们可以跳过墙 |
[04:16] | They can’t jump a wall. | -它们跳不过墙的 |
[04:18] | -Well, how big’s your wall? -About that big. | -你的墙有多高? -大概那么高 |
[04:21] | [Kevin] Well, it’s hardly Mexico, is it? | 还没墨西哥的墙高吧? |
[04:25] | [Jeremy] Kevin had assured me | 凯文向我保证 |
[04:27] | that north country mules are very calm sheep, | 北国混血羊是非常冷静的绵羊 |
[04:30] | but when they came into the auction ring | 但等它们进入拍卖羊圈时 |
[04:32] | there was some evidence to suggest that they’re not. | 有些证据显示 |
[04:35] | Oh! Ohh! | 并非如此 |
[04:39] | Still, at least the auctioneer was easy to understand. | 至少拍卖师挺好懂的 |
[04:42] | [auctioneer speaking indistinctly] | |
[04:55] | [Jeremy] By nodding occasionally, I seem to be buying stuff. | 通过偶尔点点头 |
[04:59] | 133. 134. 134.5. | 我好像买到了一些东西 |
[05:02] | [Jeremy] And I was. | 我确实买到了 |
[05:05] | Yes. | 好 |
[05:06] | [Jeremy] At the end of the sale, I had spent a whopping £11,000. | 拍卖结束时 我花了一万一千英镑巨款 |
[05:10] | But on the upside, I was now a sheep farmer. | 但乐观来看 |
[05:14] | Thirty, 40, 50. 60, 78. | 我现在是一名牧羊人了 |
[05:16] | Seventy eight sheep. We’re there. | 78头羊 差不多了 |
[05:22] | [Jeremy] Because Kevin had told me that sheep can jump over walls, | 因为凯文跟我说 羊可以跳过墙头 |
[05:26] | I then had to spend another £2,700 | 然后我又花2700英镑 |
[05:30] | on a self-assembly electric fence. | 买了自己组装的通电栅栏 |
[05:34] | Now what they want me to do | 他们需要让我 |
[05:36] | is walk around the field with this three times. | 拿着这个绕场地三次 |
[05:40] | Well, I’m not going to. | 我不要 |
[05:47] | God, I’m clever. | 老天 我真机智 |
[05:52] | Rightio. Is this what it’s like? | 很好 是这样吗? |
[05:54] | Green. That’s the earth, good. | 绿色 那是地线 很好 |
[05:57] | Red, | 红色 |
[05:59] | onto the fence. | 放在栅栏上 |
[06:00] | And then these go onto the battery. | 然后这些接上电池 |
[06:03] | Here we go. Uh, could be. | 好了 |
[06:16] | Ow! [exclaims] Ah! Ah! | 有可能 |
[06:21] | You bastard! | 混蛋! |
[06:23] | Stupid. | 太蠢了 |
[06:24] | Right. Now, that. | 好 现在这样 |
[06:27] | RIght, here we go, here we go. | 好 好了 |
[06:29] | This time the zoo is going to be operational. | 这下动物园可以开张了 |
[06:34] | With this feat of engineering completed, | 伴随这项伟大工程的完工 |
[06:38] | I was ready for the arrival of my new flock. | 我准备好迎接新羊群的到来了 |
[06:51] | Oh, what the hell, | 哦 哇 |
[06:53] | here they come. | 它们来了 |
[06:57] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[06:58] | And straight into my hotel. | 马上进入了我的酒店 |
[07:00] | Yeah! | 耶! |
[07:02] | -So that’s it? -[man] That’s it. | -就这样? -就这样 |
[07:04] | -Are they going to be happy? -They look very happy. | -它们会开心吗? -它们看起来很开心 |
[07:06] | I’m sure they will be. | 我想它们会开心的 |
[07:08] | [Jeremy] And what have we got to do first of all? Worm them? | 我们首先要做什么?驱虫? |
[07:10] | [man 1] Worm them first. Yeah. | 首先要驱虫 是的 |
[07:12] | [man 2] And look after them. | 然后照顾它们 |
[07:13] | [Jeremy] You know they’re gonna get looked after. | 你们知道 我肯定会照顾好它们的 |
[07:16] | -Well, thanks very much. -[man 2] Yep. | -非常感谢 -不客气 |
[07:17] | Take, take care of yourselves. Thank you. Safe trip. | 保重 谢谢 路上注意安全 |
[07:19] | -Enjoy them. -Yeah, I’m going to actually. | -祝你们相处愉快 -我会的 |
[07:27] | It’s quite a nice thing, really. | 挺好的 真的 |
[07:28] | A very nice thing to be leaning on the gate, | 靠在大门上 |
[07:31] | looking at my new sheeps. | 看着我的新绵羊们 |
[07:36] | [sheep bleating] [country rock music playing] | 真好 |
[07:47] | [Jeremy] After a few days of tractoring, | 开了几天拖拉机之后 |
[07:49] | I return to the sheep for my first big job. | 我回到羊群身边开始第一项重要的工作 |
[07:54] | Hello sheeps. | 你们好 羊羊们 |
[07:56] | Right, this field, | 对 这片地 |
[07:58] | with the sheeps in it, is now full of diseased feces. | 羊儿们在里面拉满了带病毒的粪便 |
[08:04] | Because the sheeps have been wormed, | 因为羊都做过驱虫 |
[08:06] | the worms have come out, | 虫都出来了 |
[08:08] | and now I’ve got to take all that electric fence up again | 现在我要把所有通电栅栏再拔起来 |
[08:11] | and re-build it somewhere else | 在别处重建 |
[08:14] | and then move the sheeps into that field. | 然后把羊群赶到那片地里去 |
[08:20] | To move sheep around, you normally use a sheep dog. | 要驱赶羊群 通常需要一只牧羊犬 |
[08:24] | But I didn’t have one of those, so I came up with another solution. | 但我没有牧羊犬 所以我想到另一个办法 |
[08:29] | [automated voice] Take off. | 起飞 |
[08:33] | Up, | 向上 |
[08:35] | down, | 向下 |
[08:36] | swivel, swivel. | 盘旋 |
[08:39] | Clever thing about this drone. | 这个无人机有个很聪明的地方 |
[08:40] | It was designed for work in search and rescue, | 它是被设计来从事搜救工作的 |
[08:44] | so it’s got a speaker on it, just here, | 所以上面附有播放器 |
[08:45] | which can transmit messages to stranded climbers and hikers. | 可以向被困的登山者和徒步者传递信息 |
[08:49] | But, I’ve modified the message, as I’m using it as a sheep drone. | 但我把信息改了 因为我要把它当牧羊无人机用 |
[08:53] | So, ready. | 准备好 |
[08:57] | [drone barking] | |
[09:01] | It flies around, herds the sheep, barking at them. | 它四处飞 聚集羊群 对它们叫 |
[09:05] | They think it’s an airborne dog. | 它们会以为这是会飞的狗 |
[09:09] | Right. | 向右 |
[09:10] | Let’s go round up some sheep. | 让我们去赶羊吧 |
[09:13] | So, you know, a really good sheep dog these days | 如今一只出色的牧羊犬 |
[09:16] | will set you back £20,000, | 会花上你两万英镑 |
[09:18] | and you won’t be able to use it for six months till it gets used to you. | 在它适应你之前 你也没法用它 |
[09:21] | This only cost £2,500. | 这个只要2500英镑 |
[09:25] | And it was money well spent. | 这钱花得真值 |
[09:28] | Look, it is working. | 看 有用 |
[09:30] | Look at it! | 看啊! |
[09:32] | Yes, come on, through the gate, through the gate, through the gate. | 是的 来 穿过大门 |
[09:34] | They’re heading for the gate, heading for the gate. | 它们往门那边去了 |
[09:37] | With no help from my girlfriend Lisa. | 没有让我女朋友丽莎帮忙… |
[09:40] | [Lisa] They can jump. | 它们很会跳 |
[09:42] | [Jeremy] I got them going in the right direction. | …我让它们走上了正确的方向 |
[09:45] | [Lisa] Go on, off you go. | 走啊 继续 |
[09:47] | [Jeremy] Yes, lovely. Look. | 对 |
[09:50] | [drone continues barking] | 很好! |
[09:53] | In just 25 minutes, I’ve completely mastered sheeping. | 25分钟内 我完全学会了放羊 |
[09:58] | [Lisa] Jeremy, you’re going too fast, I can’t stop them going into the village. | 杰雷米 你太快了 我拦不住它们往村子跑 |
[10:02] | [Jeremy] Oh, darn. Shit. | 哦 该死 |
[10:05] | [Lisa] Jesus, calm down. | 天啊 冷静 |
[10:06] | [Jeremy] For heaven’s… please stop. | 老天爷…请停下来 |
[10:09] | [man] Get up there. | 到那边去 |
[10:10] | [Jeremy] Then, with no help from the film crew… | 然后在没有让录影工作人员帮忙的情况下… |
[10:13] | [man] Quickly. | 快 |
[10:15] | [Jeremy] I finally got them into their new field. | …我终于让它们到达了新地盘 |
[10:23] | Phew. I’m gonna have a coronary… | 我要得冠心… |
[10:25] | How fast do they move? I mean, this thing is good. | 它们跑得有多快啊?这玩意已经很厉害了 |
[10:27] | I mean, as you know, I’m an incredible athlete, | 如你所知 我是个优秀的运动员 |
[10:29] | and can run at phenomenal speeds, but I can’t keep up with the sheep. | 跑得很快 但我追不上羊 |
[10:33] | [laughing] I was too surprised. I did not expect that. | 我很意外 我没想到会这样 |
[10:36] | Is that fence on? | -栅栏通电了吗? |
[10:37] | I don’t… I’m not gonna check it, am I? | -我不会去试验的 |
[10:39] | Just grab it. Grab a long piece of grass. | 就抓一下 抓一根草 |
[10:41] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[10:43] | -And if you touch the end… -Yep. | -如果触碰一下末端… -好 |
[10:44] | …you’ll… you’ll feel something very gentle. | …你会感觉到很温和的电流 |
[10:48] | Ooh, oh, yeah. It’s on. | 哦 是的 开着呢 |
[10:52] | -Just… -Ha-ha. | 白痴 |
[10:54] | -That’s on, then. -Your fault, right? | -开着 -你是故意的吧? |
[10:56] | -Ooh, am I gonna get you back. Ha-ha. -[laughs] | 我会报复你的 |
[11:00] | Oh, it’s properly hard work. | 哦 真的好辛苦 |
[11:06] | Despite my exhaustion, I had to get back to tractoring | 虽然很疲惫 但我必须回去开拖拉机 |
[11:10] | and didn’t see the sheep again for two days. | 两天内无法见到这些羊 |
[11:18] | Oh, no, there’s a lame one. | 哦 不 有一只瘸了 |
[11:20] | Oh, no. There, look. | 哦 不 那边 看 |
[11:24] | Yeah, front left leg won’t go down. | 是的 左前腿不着地了 |
[11:27] | Oh, there’s two that are lame. There are two lame ones. | 哦 有两只瘸了 两只瘸腿羊 |
[11:30] | How have they done that? | 它们怎么伤到的? |
[11:33] | The least dangerous field in Christendom. Why have they… | 这可是基督教世界最安全的地域 它们为什么会… |
[11:40] | Very worried, I went back to the farm office | 我忧心忡忡地回到务农办公室 |
[11:42] | and tried to diagnose the problem myself. | 想靠自己诊断问题 |
[11:47] | -[sighs] -Which was revolting. | 过程挺恶心的 |
[11:50] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[11:52] | Prolapsed vagina. Cervical prolapse. | 阴道脱垂 宫颈脱垂 |
[11:56] | An erupting udder with severe mastitis. | 严重乳腺炎引发的乳房脓疱疹爆发 |
[12:01] | Oh, no, I don’t want to have to deal with that. | 哦 不 我不想处理这个 |
[12:05] | But I want to know why they’re limping, not… | 但我想知道它们为什么会瘸 不是… |
[12:08] | They’re not limping because their vagina has exploded, which… | 它们不是因为阴道爆炸才瘸的 |
[12:11] | That book’s obsessed with sheep’s vaginas. | 那本书全都在讲羊的阴道 |
[12:15] | Ah. Common foot problems. CODD. | 常见足部问题 传染性羊蹄皮炎 |
[12:19] | “Ulcerated area appears at the top of the hoof, | “羊蹄末端出现溃烂区域 |
[12:22] | infection spreads under the horn and down to the toe. | “感染传播至角以下 直至脚趾 |
[12:26] | The horn detaches and falls off and there’s… | “羊角脱落 还会… |
[12:28] | Oh, hair loss stretching.” | “哦 引发脱毛” |
[12:31] | Why can’t sheep just get ordinary diseases? | 羊为什么不能得一点普通的病? |
[12:38] | I was out of my depth, | 我搞不明白了 |
[12:40] | so despite the cost, I had to call in Delwyn the vet. | 所以无论要花多少钱 我都得打电话给德尔文兽医 |
[12:45] | -Hi there. -Yep. | -你好 -你好 |
[12:46] | -Thanks for coming out. -That’s okay. | -谢谢你过来 -不客气 |
[12:50] | -Are there four broken ones? -Yes. Yes. | -有四只羊病了? -是的 |
[12:53] | I thought there were only two. | 我以为只有两只 |
[12:54] | No, they’ve got quite a bit of swelling there. | 不 它们那里有点肿 |
[12:56] | -You can see where it’s bleeding. -Oh, no, it’s blood. | -你可以看到在流血 -是血 |
[12:58] | [Delwyn] Yeah. So, I think what we’ll do is we’ll put an antibiotic spray on them | 是的 所以我觉得我们要给它们喷抗生素 |
[13:03] | and we’ll also give them an injection just to kill the pain. | 再给它们注射止痛药 |
[13:07] | [Jeremy] So, erm, I’ve only got 78 and I’ve broken four of them. | 我只有78只羊 却已经让4只得病了 |
[13:11] | Don’t be hard on yourself, I mean… [laughs] | 别苛责自己 我觉得… |
[13:14] | I don’t think you need to worry a huge amount on that front. | 我不认为你需要过度担心 |
[13:16] | Okay, well, I’ll let you administer antibiotics. | 好吧 我让你来处理抗生素 |
[13:19] | -Yep. -How much are they? How much is this? | -好 -多少钱? |
[13:23] | Just so I’ve got a vague idea. | 让我有个概念 |
[13:24] | I’ll think of a number and double it, really, and go from there, really. | 我会算出一个数字再乘上双倍 |
[13:32] | [soothing music playing] | 在那个基础上再算 |
[13:41] | [Jeremy] A few days later, having eaten everything in their new field, | 几天后 已经吃完新地盘所有东西的羊儿们 |
[13:45] | the sheeps needed to be moved again. | 需要再次搬家 |
[13:49] | [drone barking] | |
[13:50] | And this time, I discovered | 这次我发现 |
[13:52] | that sheep are not only the most sickly animals in the world, | 羊不仅是世界上最体弱多病的动物 |
[13:56] | they’re also the most disobedient. | 也是最不听话的 |
[13:58] | [drone continues barking] | |
[14:01] | They’re just ignoring it now, look. | 它们现在直接无视它了 看 |
[14:04] | Look at the… look right above you. Dog, grr! Fierce dog. | 看看那…看上面 狗…凶狠的狗 |
[14:11] | And then, for no reason I could fathom… | 然后 我根本不知道为什么… |
[14:15] | No! Don’t do that. Oh, shit, you bolly. | 不!别这样 哦 该死 混蛋 |
[14:19] | Doie! | 喂! |
[14:22] | The honeymoon was clearly over. | 蜜月显然已经结束了 |
[14:27] | No, this way, come on. | 不 这边 快点 |
[14:29] | Oi! You’re going the wrong way again now. | 喂!你们又跑错方向了 |
[14:31] | It’s like they could sense I was a new boy. | 感觉好像它们知道我是新手 |
[14:34] | Oh, no. No, they’re going back! They just… | 不 它们回来了!它们就… |
[14:37] | Oh, for fucking hell. | 哦 该死的 |
[14:39] | And they were going to make the most of it. | 它们要好好欺负我这个新手 |
[14:42] | Oh, shit. For heaven’s… please stop. | 哦 该死 天…快停下 |
[14:47] | -Right. -[man] Good? | -好 -可以了? |
[14:51] | Here we are in the middle of the night, | 我们又在深更半夜 |
[14:54] | erm, sorting the sheep out, again. | 整理羊群 |
[14:57] | -[sheep bleating] -[food rattling in bucket] | |
[15:00] | Sheep! | 羊! |
[15:03] | Sheep! | 羊! |
[15:05] | For fucks sake. | 该死 |
[15:09] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 |
[15:12] | Need help. | 需要帮忙 |
[15:13] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 |
[15:19] | Fuck it, go live in that field, get run over. See if I care. | 该死 去那片地吧 跑过去 我才不管 |
[15:24] | Oh, fucking hate sheep. I fucking hate them. | 哦 可恨的羊群 我恨它们 |
[15:29] | I cannot wait to eat them. I cannot wait. | 我等不及要吃它们了 等不及了 |
[15:34] | Along with the gum chewing insolence, | 羊既傲慢得令人咬牙切齿 |
[15:38] | the sheep were also extremely destructive. | 又有极大的破坏性 |
[15:44] | This is stupid. | 太蠢了 |
[15:47] | Still, this relentless vandalism does provide work | 不过 这无情的破坏 |
[15:50] | for a wonderful local chap called Gerald. | 为一个叫杰拉德的当地伙计提供了工作 |
[15:54] | Hi, Gerald. | 你好 杰拉德 |
[15:55] | I love chatting with him, even though most of the time, | 我喜欢和他聊天 尽管多数时候 |
[15:58] | I’m never entirely sure what we’re chatting about. | 我并不完全知道我们在聊什么 |
[16:02] | So, how’s this coming along? | 所以这边进展如何? |
[16:05] | Well, know what that one. I mean, no quite done deed. | |
[16:09] | I mean, if this is if animals or a horse, so you’ll, yeah, push it | |
[16:12] | and you’ll pull a fat load now. | |
[16:14] | I’ll tell you what, there was a quarry, you know, that field’s called a quarry. | |
[16:17] | Yeah, yeah. | 是 |
[16:18] | [Gerald] And then, then you… [speaking indistinctly] | |
[16:22] | See what I mean? | |
[16:23] | Oh, yeah, yeah. [speaking indistinctly] | 哦 |
[16:27] | They put masks on, it’s always sort of… [speaking indistinctly] [laughing] | 是的 |
[16:38] | [Jeremy] As Gerald has 40 miles of walls to maintain on my farm, I left him to it. | 杰拉德在我的农场还有64公里墙体要维护 我就不打扰他了 |
[16:44] | Take care, see you soon. | 保重 再见 |
[16:46] | And got back to the job of sheeping. | 继续放羊的工作 |
[16:52] | So far, the sheeps have been getting their water from a temporary supply, | 目前为止 羊的饮用水都来自临时补给 |
[16:58] | but now, I wanted to reactivate all the abandoned troughs | 但现在 我想重新启用之前废弃的水槽 |
[17:01] | that were scattered around the farm. | 这些水槽农场各处都有 |
[17:06] | Now… | 现在… |
[17:07] | However, when I opened any of the stopcocks… | 然而当我打开任何一个水龙头时 |
[17:12] | no water was coming through. | 并没有水出来 |
[17:15] | Shit. | 该死 |
[17:17] | Feeling like Jean de Florette, I set about investigating the problem. | 我感觉自己像《男人的野心》里的若望 开始调查这个问题 |
[17:23] | Right. The good news is my mate Alex who farms over here | 对 好消息是在这边务农的我的伙伴艾利克斯 |
[17:29] | has given me this map from 1922, | 给了我这张1922年的地图 |
[17:33] | of where all the water pipes are on what was the Sarsden estate, | 展示了所有水管在昔日萨斯登庄园的布局 |
[17:38] | and this is a part of what was it. | 这里是昔日庄园的一部分 |
[17:43] | It comes down from that one. | 从那里下来 |
[17:49] | So there is an entire network of very, very old pipes | 有一整套非常古老的水管网络 |
[17:55] | crisscrossing this farm. | 遍布这个农场 |
[17:59] | Clearly, the first job was finding out if those pipes still existed, | 显然首先要探明那些水管是否还存在 |
[18:05] | and the crew photographer and part-time druid, Ellis, | 摄制组摄影师及兼职德鲁伊祭司 埃利斯 |
[18:08] | suggested I try water divining. | 建议我试试地下水探索 |
[18:12] | Thumbs at the top, | 拇指在上 |
[18:14] | and then you just let it loose and then basically just do that. | 然后保持放松 这样做 |
[18:18] | [Jeremy] To humor him, I said I’d wander about with his coat hangers, | 为了表示幽默 我说我会拿着他的衣架到处跑的 |
[18:21] | but when I passed a trough full of rain water… | 但当我路过一个盛满雨水的水槽… |
[18:27] | Look at that. [gasps] | 看啊 |
[18:30] | That is bizarre. | 太神奇了 |
[18:32] | Look at… look at that. | 看…看啊 |
[18:34] | [laughs] That’s astonishing. | 真惊人 |
[18:37] | The druid also said that when the wires crossed, | 德鲁伊祭司还说 当金属线交叉时 |
[18:41] | I’d be directly above a pipe. | 我就站在管道正上方 |
[18:45] | Ooh. | |
[18:47] | Ooh, hello. | 你好 |
[18:49] | Look at… look at this. | 看…看这个 |
[18:52] | Yep, this is exactly where it says on the map that the pipe would be. | 是的 这里正是地图上说的管道所在地 |
[18:59] | Having used witchcraft to establish the pipes still exist, | 通过巫术确认管道存在后 |
[19:03] | I reckoned that somewhere, there must be a tank that fed them all. | 我觉得某个地方肯定有个水箱为管道送水 |
[19:07] | And that, logically, it would be located on high ground. | 从逻辑上讲应该在高处 |
[19:16] | Make sense that it would be up here | 在这里比较合理 |
[19:18] | because this is just about the highest point of the farm. | 因为这里是农场的最高点 |
[19:21] | So you’d pump the water up from a stream, | 从溪流把水泵送过来 |
[19:26] | to here, and then let gravity take it back down to all the troughs. | 然后利用重力把水送向水槽 |
[19:33] | And it also isn’t… ooh, hang on. | 这也不会…等等 |
[19:36] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[19:45] | Okay, that smells pretty bad. | 好吧 |
[19:51] | [grunts] | 气味很不好闻 |
[19:53] | Okay, what we have here is a tank, maybe 4,000 gallons. | 好 这里有个水箱 大约一万五千升 |
[19:58] | What we’ve got is a pipe coming in, | 有一个进水管 |
[20:01] | and then about two feet higher, a pipe going out. | 大约半米之上有一个出水管 |
[20:07] | [grunts] | |
[20:09] | [coughs] | |
[20:14] | To find out if the tank fed the pipes and the troughs, | 为了弄清楚水箱是否能向管道和水槽送水 |
[20:17] | I needed to send some water through it, | 我需要向里面注水 |
[20:20] | so I called in some locals with a bowser. | 于是我打电话叫来了有水槽车的当地人 |
[20:25] | [man] Les. [laughs] | 莱斯 |
[20:32] | [chuckles] | |
[20:33] | He’s always amusing himself down there with those diviners. | 他没事 他只是在拿探测器自娱自乐 |
[20:39] | [Jeremy] Having connected the bowser to what looked like the tank’s outlet pipe, | 把水槽车和看上去像是水箱外导管的地方连好后 |
[20:44] | we started pumping. | 我们开始抽水 |
[20:47] | [motor starts] | |
[20:50] | Run away, quickly let’s leap into our cars. | 该走了 我们快跳进车里 |
[20:54] | And then I rushed downhill to see if the water was getting to the troughs. | 然后我急忙赶到山下 看看水有没有到达水槽 |
[21:00] | Right, we are now in a race with gravity. | 是的 我们现在在和重力比速度 |
[21:04] | Someone should do a TV show where cars race unusual things. | 应该有人拍一档电视节目 |
[21:20] | Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo, it works. | 让汽车和不寻常的东西比赛 成功了 |
[21:24] | I then went back to report the good news to the chaps. | 然后我回去向伙计们报告这个好消息 |
[21:28] | So, gravity works… basically. | 看来重力是有效的 |
[21:30] | -[both] Yeah. Yeah, yeah. -We know gravity works… | -是啊 -我们知道重力有效… |
[21:32] | And your pipe’s good as well. | 你的管道也是好的 |
[21:33] | And the pipes are good. | 管道是好的 |
[21:34] | So the underground machine is working, and gravity is working. | 底下机器在运转 重力有效 |
[21:37] | -Yeah. -The main problem I can see now is grades, | -是的 -现在主要问题在于… |
[21:41] | but this not a permanent solution. | 很好 但水槽车不是长久的解决方案 |
[21:43] | So someone, we’ve got to fill that tank up | 我们得想其他办法填满水箱 |
[21:46] | without using a bowser on the back of a trolley van. | 而不是用货车后面的水槽抽水 |
[21:50] | [Les] Yeah. | 是 |
[21:52] | [Jeremy] Sadly, that job would have to wait. | 遗憾的是 这项工作要中断一下 |
[21:57] | Because it was time for the girl sheep to make some babies. | 因为到了让母羊生崽的时候了 |
[22:00] | And the man with the boy sheep had arrived. | 送公羊的人来了 |
[22:04] | That is… Whoa, there’s the rams. | 那是…是公羊 |
[22:08] | The rams. | 公羊 |
[22:10] | [Porksman] Hello, boys, how are you doing? | 你们好 小子们 怎么样? |
[22:13] | His job is to impregnate sheep and he’s called Porksman. | 他的工作是让母羊怀孕 |
[22:17] | [laughing] | 他却叫朱斯曼 |
[22:21] | That’s it. That will do. | 就这样 好了 |
[22:24] | These are pedigree Suffolks. | 它们是纯种萨福克斯羊 |
[22:26] | [Jeremy] Are they violent attack rams? | 它们是有暴力倾向的公羊吗? |
[22:28] | [Porksman] No, they’re not. They are as quiet as mice. | 不 不是 它们很安静 |
[22:30] | Come on, boys, out you come, don’t be shy. | 来吧 小子们 出来 别害羞 |
[22:35] | Jeez, I’ve just seen the back bit. | 天啊 我刚看到后面 |
[22:38] | [Porksman] Do you like them? | 喜欢吗? |
[22:39] | [Jeremy] Ooh, they are pendulous, aren’t they? | 像摆锤一样 是不是? |
[22:40] | [Porksman] Yes. This is gonna be their first breeding season. | 是的 这是它们的第一个繁殖季节 |
[22:44] | -So they… they’re virgins. -They are virgins. | -所以它们是处子身 -它们是处子身 |
[22:46] | [Jeremy] Are they? ‘Cause, really, to be… | 是吗?因为 真的… |
[22:48] | I don’t want to be lavatorial | 我不想说得太粗俗 |
[22:50] | but rams are just STDs, scrotal transportation devices. | 但公羊就是阴囊运输机 |
[22:55] | Really, what I’ve bought are two scrotums. | 真的 我买的就是两个阴囊 |
[22:57] | Yeah, they… it’s a fertility machine, isn’t it? | 是的 这就是生育机器 对吗? |
[22:59] | -[Jeremy] Yeah, exactly. -Every one of these is gonna produce | -没错 -每一只每天可以产出 |
[23:02] | -absolutely thousands of sperms a day. -[Jeremy] Yeah. | -上千个精子 -是的 |
[23:05] | They would mate three or four a day very happily. | 它们每天可以愉快地和三到四只羊交配 |
[23:07] | [Jeremy] Mr. Porksman then suggested I test the fire power of my new purchases. | 朱斯曼先生之后建议我试一下刚买到手的货物的火力 |
[23:13] | I’m gonna have to get under there and to get round. | 我必须探到下面去 绕一圈 |
[23:16] | Yeah. Do you want… do you want to measure its circumference? | 是的 要量一下周长吗? |
[23:20] | Exactly. Okay, this is not something I thought I’d be doing this morning. | 我没想到早上要干这事儿 |
[23:23] | Yes, I know. Yes, I know. | 是啊 |
[23:25] | Okay. Gotta hold the scrotal sac at the top. | 好了 要围住阴囊顶部 |
[23:28] | [Porksman] Yes, is it nice and free? Is it moving nice? | 外观是否良好?活动是否自如? |
[23:30] | -Are the testes nice and free in the sac? -I’m not sure. | -睾丸是否能自如活动? -我不确定 |
[23:32] | I’ve got nothing to compare it to. | 我没有对比对象 |
[23:33] | I’ve never really fondled anything this size before. | 我从没摸过这个大小的东西 |
[23:35] | Okay, that is 38-centimeter scrotal sac. | 好了 阴囊周长38厘米 |
[23:40] | -[Porksman] 35 is… -It says between… | 上面说… |
[23:41] | Most rams measure between 30 and 40 centimeters. | 多数公羊在30至40厘米之间 |
[23:44] | -So 38 is good, isn’t it? -38 is good. Top end. | -38挺好的 是不是? -38很好 优秀水平 |
[23:47] | Right, we’re going to measure you, mate, I’m sorry. | 好了 我们要量你了 伙计 抱歉 |
[23:51] | I knew public school education would come in handy. | 我就知道公立学校教育会派上用场 |
[23:53] | Okay, now this is… we’ve got… | 好了 这是…我们有… |
[23:55] | -[whispers] Okay, listen… -How many centimeters is this? | -好 听着… -这个是多少厘米? |
[23:58] | [whispering] I don’t wanna embarrass one of them. | 我不想让它们中的一只尴尬 |
[24:01] | -Okay. Bigger? -So this one’s a centimeter bigger. | -好吧 更大吗? -这只要长一厘米 |
[24:03] | -A centimeter bigger. -Shh. | 长一厘米 |
[24:05] | Oh, you don’t wanna tell him. | 哦 你不想告诉它 |
[24:07] | Well, come on, if we got measured and then somebody went, | 如果有人量了我们 然后说 |
[24:09] | “You’ve got the bigger pair,” you’d be mortified. | “你的更大” 你会尴尬死的 |
[24:11] | Well, I’d be mortified. | 我会很尴尬 |
[24:12] | Well, you’re going back to your public school days. | -你回忆起了校园时光 |
[24:14] | -Yeah, exactly. -[laughing] [atmospheric music playing] | -没错 |
[24:24] | [Jeremy] I left the rams to settle in, | 我留下公羊们适应环境 |
[24:27] | did a bit more tractoring… | 又开了一会儿拖拉机… |
[24:31] | and then, a couple of days later, it was time for some sex. | 几天后 该交配了 |
[24:36] | [Kevin] Wee, wee, that’ll do, pig. | 喂 可以了 猪猪 |
[24:38] | That’ll do, pig. | 可以了 猪猪 |
[24:39] | [Jeremy] Kevin from the NSA and a noisy vet called Jenny | 国羊局的凯文和一个叫珍妮的澳洲兽医 |
[24:43] | prepared the lady sheep, | 帮母羊们做好准备 |
[24:45] | and whilst doing so, they spotted a problem with three of them. | 在此期间 他们发现了三只问题羊 |
[24:51] | [Jenny] Yeah, so it looks like we’ve got an abscess there. | 看起来我们在这里发现了脓肿 |
[24:54] | [Kevin] Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:56] | [Jenny] So, basically, the udders are shot. | 乳房都生脓了 |
[24:58] | At least one of them each, um, | 每只至少一处 |
[25:00] | so not really something we want to send for breeding. | 所以我们不会选它们去育种 |
[25:03] | Well, can they still get pregnant? | 它们还是能怀孕的吧? |
[25:06] | Yes, but for welfare reasons once they lamb | 是的 但出于福利考虑 一旦它们生崽 |
[25:10] | then you’ve got the limited amount of milk. | 奶水量很有限 |
[25:13] | Cause we’re about to bring old Leonardo and Wayne, as I’ve called them. | 因为我们就要叫莱昂纳多和韦恩来了 我给它们起的名字 |
[25:17] | Wayne’s going to go after the slightly older ones. | 韦恩会去找稍微年长一些的羊 |
[25:19] | [Jenny chuckles] | |
[25:20] | Leonardo’s taking the younger ones. | 莱昂纳多负责年轻的 |
[25:23] | But we’ve got to get these three broken ones out, haven’t we? | 我们要把这三只病羊排除出去 是吗? |
[25:26] | ‘Cause they can’t get pregnant. | 它们不能怀孕 |
[25:27] | [Jenny] Yeah, we don’t want them with the rams. | 是的 |
[25:30] | [groovy music playing] | 我们不希望它们和公羊在一起 |
[25:33] | [Jeremy] Before Wayne and Leonardo could be let loose, | 韦恩和莱昂纳多可以自由奔跑之前 |
[25:36] | we had to get them into some bondage gear. | 我们要给它们穿上绑带装备 |
[25:39] | [Jeremy] What we’ve got here | 我们这里是 |
[25:41] | is a harness we’re going to put onto the sheep… | 一套要给羊穿的背带… |
[25:44] | [sheep bleating] | |
[25:45] | …around here like this. | …绕过这里 |
[25:47] | So as it mounts the lady sheep, | 这样它们骑母羊时 |
[25:50] | this rubs a blue mark on the lady sheep’s back | 这个会在母羊背后摩擦留下蓝色痕迹 |
[25:55] | and then we know she’s been impregnated and by which one. | 这样我们就知道哪只已经和哪只羊交配了 |
[25:58] | ‘Cause the other one… | 因为另一只是黄色 |
[26:00] | has got yellow. | |
[26:02] | Do you want to catch the one, I’ll catch the other. | 你来抓一只 |
[26:04] | [rattling] | 我抓另一只 |
[26:05] | Mr. Porksman said if I just did this, they’d come. | 朱斯曼先生说 我这样做 它们就会过来 |
[26:09] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[26:11] | Come on. | 来啊 |
[26:13] | [Kevin] They know that you’re after them. | 它们知道你要抓它们 |
[26:15] | That you’re acting differently to when you normally come here and feed them. | 你的举止很反常 |
[26:19] | A lot of this job is sheep psychology. | 这份工作很讲究绵羊心理 |
[26:21] | You have to think how they think. | 你要以它们的方式去思考 |
[26:24] | What they think is, “I must have sex, I must eat some grass.” | 它们想的是:“我要做爱 我要吃草” |
[26:27] | No, they think, um, “These people are after me. | 不 它们想的是:“这些人要抓我 |
[26:30] | Where’s the best way to get out of here?” | “最佳出口在哪?” |
[26:32] | and we’ve got them a bit riled, and… | 我们有点激怒它们了 |
[26:34] | how, how strong are your wooden gates? | 你的木门有多结实? |
[26:36] | Well, let’s find out. | 看看就知道了 |
[26:39] | -[Kevin groans] -That’s sheep wrestling. | -这是绵羊摔跤 |
[26:41] | [Kevin] Right, you’ve got to help me now. | -你得帮帮我 |
[26:42] | [Jeremy] I know. Well, tell me what to do and I’m right there. | 我知道 告诉我要怎么做 |
[26:45] | -[straining] -Good. | 我就在这儿 很好 |
[26:47] | -Right, which one’s this? -Leonardo. | -好了 这是哪只? -莱昂纳多 |
[26:50] | -Right, so Leonardo’s yellow. -Yeah, Leonardo’s yellow. | -好 莱昂纳多是黄色 -莱昂纳多是黄色 |
[26:53] | [Kevin] Have you ever thought about getting a bloody shepherd or something | 想过找个牧羊人替你照看吗? |
[26:55] | that will do it for you? | |
[26:57] | Better than you ringing me up all the time. [groans] | 省得你总是给我打电话 |
[27:04] | I reckon they can smell them now Jeremy. | 我觉得它们能闻到母羊的味道了 杰雷米 |
[27:07] | [Jeremy] Good, we’ll get that gate open. | 很好 我们去把大门打开 |
[27:09] | [Kevin] That wind’s blowing that way. They’ll follow their noses now. | 风朝那边吹 它们会跟着嗅觉走 |
[27:13] | [Jeremy] Watch this. | 看 |
[27:14] | Put two boys who’ve never had sex before | 让两个从未交配过的小子 |
[27:18] | and 75 active cougars on the other side of that wall. | 去围墙那边找75只如饥似渴的熟女 |
[27:24] | [Kevin] I think the penny’s starting to drop now. | 我觉得它们开始明白了 |
[27:27] | You see, they’re starting to swagger. | 看 它们开始大摇大摆 |
[27:29] | [Jeremy laughs] Oh, yeah. | 哦 好 |
[27:34] | [Kevin] Look, look, they’re excited already. | 看 它们已经兴奋了 |
[27:36] | I know, look at that. Look at them go. Look at them. | 我知道 |
[27:39] | [laughs] | 看啊 看看它们 |
[27:41] | The thing is though, when they run they knee their own bollocks. | 然而 |
[27:44] | [sheep bleating] | 它们跑起来会踢到自己的睾丸 |
[27:45] | Oh. look at the cougars. | 哦 |
[27:48] | [continuous bleating] | 看看我们的美洲豹 |
[27:50] | [Jeremy] Hey, who wants a drink? | 嘿 谁想喝一杯? |
[27:52] | Espresso martini, anyone? | 意式浓缩马提尼 有人要喝吗? |
[27:56] | Oh yeah, they’ve got it. | 哦 好 它们进去了 |
[27:58] | Right. | 好的 |
[28:00] | God, the cougars are desperate. | 天啊 母羊们都疯了 |
[28:02] | They’re actually chasing the men. | 它们在追公羊 |
[28:03] | This is #MeToo gone mental. | 这是疯狂版“我也是”运动 |
[28:09] | -[Kevin] There you go, he’s on. -[Jeremy] He’s on. | -好了 它上去了 -它上去了 |
[28:11] | -[Kevin] Oh, he’s off. -[Jeremy] No, he’s off. | -它又下来了 -不 它下来了 |
[28:13] | It was a false start. | 这是一个错误的开端 |
[28:16] | Oh, he’s kicked her. He must be from Rotherham. | 它踢了母羊 |
[28:20] | [Jenny laughs] | 它一定来自罗瑟勒姆 |
[28:23] | -There he goes. -[Jeremy] Oh, there he is look. | -好了 -哦 它上去了 看啊 |
[28:26] | Why is she walking about? | 母羊为什么走来走去? |
[28:28] | You haven’t seen that one in the Kamasutra? | 你没在《欲经》里看过这个体位? |
[28:31] | [chuckles] No. Wheelbarrowing. | 没有 手推车式 |
[28:34] | How long, how long does the… the act take as a general rule? | 通常这要进行多长时间? |
[28:38] | [Jenny] Not long. No, a couple of minutes, | 不会太长 也就几分钟 |
[28:40] | -not much more. -Oh, a couple of minutes? | -不太长 -几分钟? |
[28:43] | In my mind, we could now dim the lights, | 在我看来 我们可以调暗灯光 |
[28:46] | put on some Barry White and leave them to it. | 播放贝瑞怀特的音乐 留它们自处了 |
[28:49] | But Jenny warned me that some major responsibilities lay ahead. | 但珍妮警告我 之后还有一些重要的职责 |
[28:54] | [Jenny] A lot of problems come just before they start lambing, when they… | 在它们开始生崽前会发生很多问题 |
[28:57] | [Jeremy] What problems? | 什么问题? |
[28:59] | So, they can get problems with getting enough food | 它们可能无法 |
[29:02] | and the right amount of food, the right amount of energy. | 获得足够适量的食物和能量 |
[29:04] | Because as the lambs grow, they’re pushing on the stomach, | 因为随着幼崽的成长 它们会压迫到胃 |
[29:07] | um, so they’re reducing the amount of food that they can get in, | 母羊可进食量会减少 |
[29:10] | and they’re using too much energy. | 但又消耗了过多能量 |
[29:12] | [Kevin] It’s a serious thing, | 这是很严重的 |
[29:14] | that you have to know when they’ve got enough grass. | 你需要清楚它们是否吃够了草 |
[29:17] | They’ve got to stay in the right body condition from now until lambing. | 从现在起到生产前 它们要保持合适的体态 |
[29:21] | -Which I don’t know. -It’s very important, Jeremy. | -而我并不懂 -这很重要 |
[29:23] | It is really important. | 非常重要 |
[29:24] | ‘Cause if you end up with thin ewes and, and they got lambs, | 因为如果母羊过瘦 在它们生下小羊后 |
[29:28] | then you’re going to end up with all sorts of trouble. | 会有各种各样的问题 |
[29:31] | [Jeremy] All this meant only one thing. | 这意味着一件事 |
[29:34] | I am going to need a shepherd, aren’t I? | 我需要一名牧羊人 是不是? |
[29:36] | I think you should, yeah. | 我觉得是的 |
[29:37] | So there we are. I brought a tractor and then I had to get a tractor driver. | 好了 我带来一辆拖拉机 结果要找一名驾驶员 |
[29:40] | -Got sheep, and now I need a shepherd. -Yeah. | -买了羊 现在又需要一名牧羊人 -是的 |
[29:42] | Eventually I’m going to find something I can do. | 我最后会找到我能干的事的 |
[29:48] | With that decision taken, it was time to make another. | 做了这个决定后 就该决策下一件事了 |
[29:52] | What should I do with the three unproductive ewes? | 那三只不能生产的母羊要怎么办? |
[30:02] | What are we going to do with you three? | 我们要拿你们三个怎么办? |
[30:04] | ‘Cause you can’t get pregnant. | 因为你们不能怀孕 |
[30:06] | -‘Cause if you get pregnant… -[sheep bleats] | 因为如果你们怀孕了… |
[30:08] | I know. You’ve got mastitis or something of that nature | 我知道 你们得了乳腺炎之类的病 |
[30:11] | and your udders are broken. | 你们的乳房坏掉了 |
[30:19] | [groans] So, what do we do? | 那我们要怎么办? |
[30:23] | Seeking inspiration, I consulted the Ozzie. | 为了寻找灵感 我咨询了澳洲人 |
[30:27] | So they can’t just stay here and just be three young… | 它们不能就待在这儿 做三只年轻… |
[30:30] | I’ll put them somewhere else. | 我把它们放到别处去 |
[30:32] | [Jenny] Well, they’re flock animals, so ideally they want to be living in a flock | 它们是群居动物 最好能生活在族群里 |
[30:36] | and three sheep don’t make a flock. | 三只羊不够做一个族群 |
[30:38] | They want to be running with a large number of themselves. | 它们需要和更多同类一起奔跑 |
[30:42] | Well, why can’t they stay in a little pallet somewhere | 它们不能在某个围场里 |
[30:45] | with doves and rabbits? | 和鸽子、兔子待在一起吗? |
[30:47] | That’s not the… | 那不是… |
[30:49] | -uh, relevant to… -[Jenny] Not quite Snow White. | -现实… -没有《白雪公主》那么美好 |
[30:50] | …relative sheep farming. | …养羊的现实 |
[30:52] | There’s only one thing for them really and you know, they… | 等待它们的只有一个结局 |
[30:55] | they will need to be, um, culled. | 它们只能被宰杀 |
[31:03] | [atmospheric music playing] | |
[31:05] | [Jeremy] After facing that hard choice, | 在面对这个艰难的选择后 |
[31:09] | I spent three weeks battling the weather | 我花了三周和恶劣天气斗争 |
[31:12] | and trying desperately to get my crops in the ground. | 拼命想要种下粮食 |
[31:23] | And then it was time to see if the sheep sex had been successful. | 然后到了检查羊群交配是否成功的时候了 |
[31:28] | [whistling] | |
[31:33] | That was the job of my new shepherd, Ellen. | 那是我的新牧羊人艾伦的工作 |
[31:36] | [Ellen whistling] | |
[31:39] | Look at how she’s doing that, just whistling. | 看看她是怎么做的 |
[31:42] | [Ellen whistling rhythmically] | 就吹吹口哨 |
[31:52] | That was just breathtaking. | 太让人叹为观止了 |
[31:55] | [continues whistling] | |
[32:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[32:03] | That is one of the most majestic spectacles. | 这真是最伟大的景观之一 |
[32:06] | -[dog barking] -Hey you. | 嘿 你好 |
[32:08] | Yes, good dog. | 好 好狗狗 |
[32:10] | So, are they all now up the duff? | 它们都已经怀孕了吗? |
[32:12] | [Ellen] Well there’s 74 have been topped. | 74只已经交配过了 |
[32:15] | [Jeremy] Have they? | 是吗? |
[32:16] | So, it’s only possibly one or two. | 通常只会是一只或两只 |
[32:17] | -Yeah. -It’s not many. | -对 -不会生很多 |
[32:19] | Blue mark has done twice as many as yellow mark. | 蓝色标记是黄色的两倍 |
[32:21] | -Wayne? -Yeah. | -韦恩? -是的 |
[32:22] | He’s a bigger shagger than Leonardo DiCaprio. | 他比莱昂纳多迪卡普里奥更会搞 |
[32:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[32:26] | [Jeremy] Good old Wayne. | 老伙计韦恩 |
[32:27] | -Oh, they’re in there look. -Yeah. | -它们在里面 看啊 -是的 |
[32:29] | [Jeremy] You randy little bastards, you. | 你们两个小混蛋 |
[32:32] | Look at them, they’ve got sort of proud looks | 看看它们 |
[32:34] | -on their faces now. -[Ellen laughing] | 表情多骄傲 |
[32:36] | [Jeremy] Next we had to separate Wayne and Leo from their woolly harem. | 接下来我们要把韦恩和莱昂 从它们的羊毛后宫里分离出来 |
[32:41] | If you go that way a bit, | 你往那边走一点 |
[32:42] | and we’ll spread out, and then put your arms out. | 我们散开 把双手打开 |
[32:44] | Hold on, where’s the… | 等等 哪里… |
[32:46] | -Whose, where is he? -Would you grab that gate? | -谁 它在哪? -你能抓一下门吗? |
[32:49] | -What? -Would you grab that gate | -什么? -抓一下门 |
[32:50] | and swing it round towards me. | 把它朝我转过来 |
[32:52] | -That’s it. -Oh we’ve got. | -好了 -我们做到了 |
[32:54] | Well, that’s good. Oh, we’ve got both of them. | 很好 两只都抓到了 |
[32:56] | -Yep. -How did you do that? | -是的 -你怎么做到的? |
[32:58] | [Jeremy] There was absolutely no doubting Ellen’s shepherding skills. | 艾伦的牧羊技术没话说 |
[33:02] | I just wish I could say the same about her driving. | 我只希望她的驾驶技术也这么棒就好了 |
[33:17] | [sheep bleating] | |
[33:22] | Everybody, now calm down. | 各位 冷静 |
[33:25] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[33:28] | You know, I’m becoming really fond of them. | -我已经非常喜欢它们了 |
[33:30] | [Ellen] Have you been talking to them? | -你跟它们说话了吗? |
[33:31] | You know the three that have been | 你知道那三只 |
[33:33] | -scheduled for assassination? -Yeah. | -预定要宰杀的羊吧? -知道 |
[33:35] | [Jeremy] I really like them. | 我很喜欢它们 |
[33:37] | They come galloping up now. You go and feed the horses. | 它们飞奔过来了 你去喂马 |
[33:40] | [Ellen] Yeah. | 好 |
[33:41] | We ought to get these rams out then before it goes dark. | 我们要在天黑前把公羊弄出来 |
[33:43] | Yep. We’ll put them in the trailer and then move them. | 我们把它们赶进拖车 移动它们 |
[33:45] | Shall I, shall I bring it around, because | 我去把车开过来吧 因为 |
[33:48] | I have just reversed that in a tight spot | 我刚刚把它在狭小的空间里掉了个头 |
[33:51] | -and didn’t hit anything. -Well done. | -没有撞到任何东西 -做得好 |
[33:53] | -Unlike some people. -[laughing] | 不像某些人 |
[34:00] | [Jeremy] The next issue was food. | 下一个问题是食物 |
[34:03] | Ellen was worried my fields didn’t have enough grass | 艾伦担心我地里的草 |
[34:07] | for 74 pregnant ewes. | 不够74只怀孕的母羊吃 |
[34:12] | [Ellen] By looking at it, that all looks the same, | 一眼望去 看上去都一样 |
[34:15] | there’s nothing in here. | 这里没有东西 |
[34:16] | [Jeremy] But both are green. | 但它们都是绿的 |
[34:18] | [Ellen] Yeah, but that don’t mean it’s grass. | 是的 但这不意味着上面是草 |
[34:20] | What about that field? | 那片地呢? |
[34:23] | [Jeremy] Right, here there’s grass, see? | 好 这里是草 看到没? |
[34:26] | [Ellen] But there’s still not a lot of it. | 但还是不多 |
[34:28] | So we’re going to have to supplement feed the ewes so… | 所以我们要补充喂养母羊… |
[34:30] | -With the hay? -With the hay. | -用干草? -用干草 |
[34:32] | But how much do they need? | 不过它们需要吃多少? |
[34:34] | We’ve got a big, big bale of hay. | 我们有一大捆干草 |
[34:37] | Yeah, they’ll get through, probably a couple of those a day. | 是 它们一天可以吃掉好几捆那样大的干草 |
[34:42] | -If they’re hungry. -Shit. | -如果饿的话 -该死 |
[34:44] | -Yeah. -I haven’t got that much. | -是啊 -我没有那么多 |
[34:46] | How much is hay? It’s quite expensive isn’t it? | 要多少钱?很贵吧? |
[34:48] | It is. | 挺贵的 |
[34:51] | [Jeremy] The hay was yet another addition | 干草只是快速上升的 |
[34:53] | to the rapidly rising sheep costs. | 绵羊开支的一部分 |
[34:58] | And the next day, when Cheerful Charlie dropped by, | 第二天 快乐的查理过来 |
[35:01] | he brought the money situation into sharp focus. | 让资金状况更显严峻 |
[35:05] | [Charlie] How are the sheep? | 绵羊怎么样? |
[35:06] | I’ve taken on a shepherd. | 我雇了个牧羊人 |
[35:08] | -A shepherd? -Yeah. | -牧羊人? -是的 |
[35:10] | She’s going to come every day and check on them. | 她每天过来查看羊 |
[35:12] | -So, you’ve got 75 sheep? -Yeah, left. | -你有75只羊? -还剩75只 |
[35:14] | -Left. Ewes? -Yeah. | -剩75只 母羊? -是的 |
[35:16] | -And a shepherd. -And two rams, yeah. | -还有一个牧羊人 -还有两只公羊 是的 |
[35:19] | -Wayne and Leonardo. -So we’re going to have | -韦恩和莱昂纳多 |
[35:20] | -130 saleable lambs? -Yeah. | -我们会有130头可售羔羊? 是的 |
[35:23] | -So, we’ve got 130 sheep with lambs. -Yeah, yeah. | -所以我们有130只绵羊带羔羊 -是的 |
[35:26] | They’re £65 to £70 a lamb. | 一只羔羊65至70英镑 |
[35:28] | -So that’s £7,800. -7,800. | -那就是7800英镑 |
[35:31] | So if… | -如果… |
[35:32] | Is that all we’re going to get? | -我们只能赚到这么多? |
[35:34] | That’s all you’re going to get. | 只能赚到这么多 |
[35:36] | But I’m paying her more than that. | 但我开给她的工资都不止这么多 |
[35:38] | The sheep enterprise is not looking very profitable. | 绵羊公司看起来不太赚钱 |
[35:43] | And I had to buy the sheep, and the rams. | 我还花了钱买绵羊和公羊 |
[35:46] | -And you have to fence them– -And the sheep handling– | 你要架设栅栏… |
[35:48] | And you’ve got the sheep handling stuff and you’ve got vets bills. | 还有绵羊用品和兽医账单 |
[35:51] | So, the sheep are going to cost me between just… | 绵羊会花掉我… |
[35:54] | £7,000 and £10,000 a year. | 每年七千到一万英镑 |
[35:56] | -To have them? -Yeah. To cut the grass. | -来饲养它们? -是的 用来吃草 |
[36:01] | That was a bad business choice. | 这个商业决策真糟糕 |
[36:05] | -Thanks for dropping by. -You’re very welcome. | -谢谢你过来 -不客气 |
[36:07] | With your gloominess. | 带来你的阴暗 |
[36:10] | Reality. | 是事实 |
[36:15] | [Jeremy] Alarmingly the sheep were about to get even more expensive, | 惊人的是 绵羊支出还会更贵 |
[36:19] | because I still had to finish off their water supply. | 因为我还要完成水源供给 |
[36:24] | What I needed was source of water that could be used to fill the tank | 我需要水源用来填满 |
[36:28] | at the top of the hill. | 山顶的水箱 |
[36:32] | That’s coming along Gerald? | 可以吗 杰拉德? |
[36:34] | [Jeremy] So for advice I went to see Gerald, | 为了听取建议 我找了杰拉德 |
[36:36] | who’s lived in the village for 72 years. | 他在这个村子里住了72年了 |
[36:40] | No, it’s something, not I, not obviously within water on the pump | |
[36:43] | that you got now, in the water from up here. | |
[36:46] | Now he took out, right. | |
[36:48] | -Now right mains water. -Hmm. | |
[36:50] | I’ll tell you what. I didn’t know… in the corner of our stables, | |
[36:55] | I don’t know if that never worked or anything. | |
[36:58] | [Gerald speaking indistinctly] | |
[37:01] | I’m not into that. | |
[37:03] | If you might translate it, get no water so far in that one trough. | |
[37:08] | She’s had the pump bearing took out. | |
[37:09] | I’d two of them glass nearly every day I’ve done. | |
[37:13] | [Jeremy] With all that cleared up, | 都搞清楚之后 |
[37:16] | I did a bit more searching, | 我又做了些调查 |
[37:18] | and soon, in one of the woods, I found a spring. | 很快在一片树林里 我找到了泉水 |
[37:23] | Kaleb and I then ran a pipe from the spring | 我和卡勒布从泉水接了一根水管 |
[37:26] | up to a pump near the farm buildings. | 连到农场建筑附近的一个水泵 |
[37:31] | So, in theory, when I turn that pump on in that box… | 理论上 当我打开那个箱子里的水泵… |
[37:36] | [Kaleb] Yeah. | -对吗? -对 |
[37:37] | It will bring water up from the spring, | 会从泉水把水引上来 |
[37:40] | -the stream at the bottom of the hill… -Yeah. | -山脚下的溪流… -是的 |
[37:42] | To here, and then we can attach it to a pipe, | 到这里 然后可以把它接上水管 |
[37:45] | and then we can run it up to the sheep troughs. | 接到羊圈的水槽里 |
[37:47] | -Got it. -This is the moment of truth. | -明白了 -这是揭开真相的一刻 |
[37:51] | -Ready? -[Kaleb] Yeah. | -准备好了? -好了 |
[37:54] | Well we haven’t done a lot. | 我们也没做什么 |
[37:57] | -[Jeremy chuckles] -Oh, there we go. | 哦 来了 |
[37:59] | [Jeremy] Hello! | 你好! |
[38:04] | Look at that. | 看啊 |
[38:05] | We had our water. | 我们有水了 |
[38:08] | And now what we needed was to get it to the tank at the top of the hill. | 现在我们需要把它接到山顶的水箱里 |
[38:14] | This meant using a special tractor attachment called a Mole, | 也就是说要用一台特殊的拖拉机附件 名叫鼹鼠 |
[38:18] | which lays a pipe underground. | 可以把管子埋入地下 |
[38:22] | The tank, the aquifer is up on that… | 水箱在那上面… |
[38:24] | -you see that row of trees? -Yeah. | -看到那排树没有? -看到了 |
[38:26] | You see there’s a gap. The far trees on the far horizon. | 有一个缺口 远处地平线上远一些的树 |
[38:29] | [Kaleb] How long is that? | 那有多长? |
[38:31] | -It’s more than a mile. -A mile? | -超过1.6公里 -1.6公里? |
[38:32] | -More than a mile. -And how much are you paying a meter? | 一米要花多少钱? |
[38:34] | It’s a pound a meter. | 一米一磅 |
[38:36] | Once you put this in, it will last 1,000 years. | 一旦埋下去 可以用一千年 |
[38:39] | It’s true, you can’t… you can’t treat this as a cost for one year’s sheep. | 真的 你不能只把它算作养一年羊的开支 |
[38:42] | I don’t want you driving over my rape as well. | 我不希望你开拖拉机碾过我的油菜 |
[38:45] | That rape is going to earn you more money than these pocksy sheep. | 那片油菜帮你赚到的钱会比没用的羊要多 |
[38:48] | -What? -Without a doubt. | -什么? -毫无疑问 |
[38:51] | [Jeremy] With the sun getting low in the sky, we stopped talking, | 天色渐晚 我们不再说话 |
[38:54] | joined everything up and got cracking. | 组装好一切 开始破土 |
[38:57] | Right. Come on, LOL. let’s see if this works. | 好 来吧 |
[39:01] | [engine whirring] | 鼹鼠 看看是否可行 |
[39:05] | [Jeremy] It did. | 可以的 |
[39:07] | Yeah! | 耶! |
[39:10] | Look at that, you see it peels the ground open, | 看啊 你能看到它把土地剥开 |
[39:13] | puts the pipe in and then puts the ground back together again | 把管子放进去 然后等我开过去之后 |
[39:17] | after I’ve passed. | 再把土地合起来 |
[39:19] | It’s so clever. | 太聪明了 |
[39:22] | This is a very good bit of kit. | 这是一套很棒的工具 |
[39:24] | -[Kaleb] It’s wicked isn’t it? -It’s really good. | -像魔法一样吧? -非常好 |
[39:26] | -You could watch it all day as well. -No. | -能看一整天 -我不能 |
[39:30] | [Jeremy] Even though my tractor was extremely nimble | 尽管我的拖拉机非常灵活 |
[39:33] | and just the right size, | 大小刚好 |
[39:35] | the cross country route to the water tank was extremely hazardous. | 前往水箱的越野路线也是非常危险的 |
[39:41] | [Kaleb] Oh, you’re all right, keep going, keep going. | 哦 你可以的 继续 |
[39:44] | Keep going. You’re all right. | 继续 你可以的 |
[39:46] | [Jeremy] Dear God. | 老天啊 |
[39:48] | I’ve never been through this gate without having to do a three point turn. | 我从来没有在不三点掉头的情况下穿过这扇门 |
[39:52] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[39:53] | Go on, you’re all right. | 继续 你可以的 |
[39:54] | [Jeremy] This meant that when we needed to change the pipe reel | 这意味着 当我们需要换水管卷时 |
[39:58] | I was too tired to get out of the cab. | 我已经累到出不了驾驶舱了 |
[40:02] | It’s all right, you just sit there. | 没事 你坐着吧 |
[40:04] | I’m going to. | 我会的 |
[40:05] | -At the end of this series, yeah? -Yeah. | -这个系列拍完时 -嗯 |
[40:07] | It’s going to be “Man watches farmer… | 结果会是“男人看着农民… |
[40:10] | -Mmm. -Watching his farm worker.” | “看着自己的农场工人” |
[40:12] | -Mmm-hmm. -That’s what it’s going to be. | 会是这个结果 |
[40:14] | That’s what it’s called. | 本来就是这样的 |
[40:15] | -You could be watching me… -I’m watching you. | 你可以看着我 |
[40:18] | rather then get hit on the head so we’d have to put it in the accident book. | 不然你要是被什么东西砸了 我们还得写入事故书 |
[40:20] | What accident book? | 什么事故书? |
[40:21] | [Kaleb] Every farm has an accident book. | 每个农场都有一本 |
[40:23] | [Jeremy] You don’t read books. | 你又不读书 |
[40:24] | I know, but I would read that one, cause it would be mostly me. | 这本我会读 因为里面写的基本都是我 |
[40:28] | Has every farm got an accident book? | 每个农场都有一本事故书吗? |
[40:29] | Yeah, if you cut your finger on a knife, | 是的 如果用刀切了手指 |
[40:32] | you’ve got to put it in the accident book. | 就要写进事故书 |
[40:34] | [Jeremy] Who looks at it? | 谁会看? |
[40:35] | The health and safety, and stuff like that. | 健康安全部门 |
[40:37] | Why don’t you just say there’s not been any accidents? | 为什么不直接说没有事故? |
[40:39] | ‘Cause no one believes that. | 因为没人相信 |
[40:41] | Think about it. On a farm, how many accidents happen on a farm? | 想想吧 一座农场会发生多少事故? |
[40:43] | [Jeremy] Well, all the time. But we haven’t had one yet. | 一直有事故 但我们还没出过 |
[40:46] | Yeah, we have, I cut my finger today. I need to go in the accident book. | 我今天切到手指了 我要写进事故书 |
[40:48] | And I’ve probably got a bruise on my elbow. | 我手肘都淤青了 |
[40:50] | [Jeremy] Does that go in the accident book? | -这个也算? |
[40:51] | That’s going in the accident book as well. | -是的 |
[40:52] | [Jeremy] So it’s a woke accident book? | 所以这是一本警示性事故书? |
[40:56] | Eventually we started to climb. | 我们最后开始爬坡 |
[41:01] | This is the steepest bank on the farm. | 这是农场最陡的坡 |
[41:06] | [Kaleb] Go on, go on, girl. Get up that hill. Go on, go on, go on. | 继续 姑娘 爬上山 继续 |
[41:11] | Kaleb is actually talking to the tractor. | 卡勒布其实是在和拖拉机说话 |
[41:14] | [Kaleb] Come on, come on girl. She’s a machine. | 加油 |
[41:17] | -Yee hah! -[Jeremy laughs] | 姑娘 她是台机器 |
[41:20] | Get in there. | 进去吧 |
[41:21] | [Jeremy] So this tractor is planting 150 meters of pipe, | 这台拖拉机埋下了150米水管 |
[41:25] | a meter under the surface of the Earth. | 深度为地下一米 |
[41:29] | Ha ha, too big my ass. | 你才太大了呢 |
[41:34] | With the hardest climb over, | 完成了最艰难的爬坡 |
[41:36] | we stopped for a breather. | 我们稍事休息 |
[41:38] | [thunder rumbling] | |
[41:40] | It’s good up here, | 这里很好 |
[41:41] | -the air is clear up here. -Yeah. | -上面空气清新 -是啊 |
[41:43] | -Look at the view. -I know, the views, | -看这风景 -是啊 风景 |
[41:45] | -the air, everything. -Look just that way. Look. | -空气 一切 -看那边 看 |
[41:47] | -The reason I like farming here… -Hmm. | 我喜欢在这里务农的原因是… |
[41:49] | Is I’m sat on that tractor on a summer’s day. | 我在夏日坐在拖拉机里 |
[41:51] | It’s nine o’clock at night. | 晚上9点 |
[41:53] | The lights starting to come on. Like, I see every single farmer | 灯光开始亮起 我看到每一个农民 |
[41:56] | working around the place. | 在各处劳作 |
[41:57] | I know I can’t speak to them, | 我知道我没法跟他们说话 |
[41:59] | but it make you feel good. | 但我感觉很好 |
[42:01] | I know he’s waving back at me, and I’m like a mile and a half away. | 我知道他会在两三公里外向我招手 |
[42:04] | -And you know who it is? -I know exactly who it is. | -你知道那是谁吗? -我知道是谁 |
[42:06] | Yeah, I know what tractor he’s driving, and what horse power it is, | 我知道他的拖拉机的马力 |
[42:08] | I know what machinery he’s got on the back. | 我知道后面拖的是什么设备 |
[42:10] | [chuckles] | |
[42:12] | [thunder rumbling] | |
[42:13] | Is that rain going to come where we are? | 那片雨云会到我们这个位置吗? |
[42:17] | Yes, it is. | 会的 |
[42:19] | It’s like one of those shots in Oklahoma. | 这就像在俄克拉荷马会拍到的那种镜头 |
[42:22] | -Where’s that? -America. | -那是哪里? |
[42:24] | Ah. [engine starts] | -美国 |
[42:27] | [Jeremy] We worked into the night to get the pipe to the tank. | 我们干到深夜 把水管接上水箱 |
[42:35] | And the next morning went off to see if it had worked. [straining] | 第二天早上 |
[42:45] | [laughing] [laughs heartily] | 我们出发去查看是否成功 |
[42:55] | Now, that’s good news. | 真是好消息 |
[42:58] | [Jeremy] And so finally the underground Victorian water engine | 终于 维多利亚时代的地下供水引擎 |
[43:02] | was once again fully functional. | 再一次全速运转 |
[43:05] | I was thrilled. | 我很兴奋 |
[43:09] | And as for the sheep… | 而羊群… |
[43:11] | Not interested. | 不感兴趣 |
[43:13] | [sheep bleating in a distance] | |
[43:15] | Now that might be because they get all the moisture they need | 也许是因为它们通过舔舐地面 |
[43:18] | by licking the Earth. | 已经获得了足够的水分 |
[43:19] | It is absolutely soaking. | 这里全都泡着水 |
[43:22] | Or, it could be because that electric fence is on. | 或者是因为栅栏通着电 |
[43:27] | Which means the entire trough is live. | 也就是说整个水槽都通电了 |
[43:33] | God, farming’s complicated. | 天啊 |
[43:36] | [soft music playing] | 农业真复杂 |
[43:40] | It was about to become upsetting too. | 很快 伤心事就要来了 |
[43:45] | Because the time had come to say goodbye to my three woolly mates. | 因为到了该和我的三个羊毛伙伴说再见的时候了 |
[43:57] | Look at that one over there having his last breakfast. | 看看那边那只 在吃最后的早餐 |
[44:01] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[44:03] | There you go, there you go. | 好了 |
[44:06] | Go on, up you go, go on. | 走吧 上去 |
[44:08] | Go on. | 走 |
[44:10] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[44:12] | [sighs] | |
[44:19] | [engine whirring] | |
[44:28] | Uh… I don’t know what to say, or think | 我不知道该说什么 想什么 |
[44:33] | about this mission this morning. | 关于今早的这个任务 |
[44:38] | Hmm. | |
[44:41] | But I’m a sheep farmer. This is what sheep farmers do. | 但我是个牧羊人 牧羊人都会这么做 |
[44:44] | They take their animals to market. | 把动物送去市场 |
[44:47] | They take them to the abattoir. | 送去屠宰场 |
[44:55] | Eugh! | |
[44:58] | [breathes deeply] | |
[45:03] | Eventually, I arrived at the abattoir. | 最终我到了屠宰场 |
[45:09] | [metal clanging] | |
[45:12] | [man] Three cull ewes yeah? | 三只待宰母羊 是吗? |
[45:13] | -Three ewes yeah. -Yeah. | -三只母羊 是的 -是 |
[45:15] | [Jeremy] What I really needed were a few soothing words, | 我只需要几句安慰的话 |
[45:18] | telling me that what I was doing was the right thing. | 告诉我我做的事情是正确的 |
[45:21] | [man] It’s a shame, cause they’re nice sheep aren’t they? | 真遗憾 |
[45:25] | [man exclaims] | 它们都是挺好的羊 是不是? |
[45:28] | Lovely. | 真好 |
[45:29] | [Jeremy] Is this all mutton then? | 这些都是肉羊吗? |
[45:31] | [man] Yeah, they’re all culls as well, yes. Uh-huh. | 对 它们也是待宰的 |
[45:33] | The farmers that we bought them from have obviously checked their backs. | 农民们检查了它们的乳腺 |
[45:36] | They’ve either got bad backs or lack of teeth so they can’t feed. | 它们要么乳腺有问题 要么缺少牙齿 无法喂食 |
[45:40] | [Jeremy] And where does mutton mostly go? | 羊肉会送到哪儿去? |
[45:42] | Indian restaurants, and Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. | 印度餐厅 还有巴基斯坦人和孟加拉人 |
[45:46] | There’s massive communities in East London. | 伦敦东部有很多这些人的聚居社群 |
[45:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[45:50] | Look, that one looks so sad. | 看 那只看起来好悲伤 |
[45:55] | [man] At the end of the day, the ones that don’t fit the bill | 没有经济效益的羊最终 |
[45:57] | -have to go here. They’ve got to. -They have… | -都要来这里 -它们… |
[45:59] | I can’t, they can’t breed, they can’t be with a… a flock. | 它们不能繁殖 不能和羊群在一起 |
[46:03] | [man] And they’re not pets. | 它们也不是宠物 |
[46:04] | [Jeremy] No. | 不 |
[46:05] | I deliberately haven’t given them names. Not out loud anyway. | 我特意没有给它们取名字用来呼唤 |
[46:08] | No, no, no, no. | 不要 |
[46:11] | [Jeremy] In the office we went through the endless government paperwork. | 在办公室 我们完成了没完没了的政府文书 |
[46:15] | So that’s it, we’ve done one form, now these another form. | 我们填了一张表 现在还有一张 |
[46:17] | This is your movement license, it’s all complete. | 这是你的移动执照 |
[46:19] | We keep a copy and send that back off to Deptford for you. | 我们留一份复印件 把那份送回给环境粮食与农村事务部 |
[46:22] | This is just the same… | 这是相同的… |
[46:23] | [Jeremy] Easier to get into America than to fill one of these in. | -入境美国还容易一点 |
[46:25] | [man] It is, you’re right, yeah. | -是的 你说得对 |
[46:27] | [Jeremy] …painfully generated. | …他们有多少文档? |
[46:30] | [Jeremy] Then there was one last job. | 然后是最后一项工作 |
[46:33] | I’m just going to say goodbye to them. | 我要和它们说再见了 |
[46:37] | [man] Might be a bit late. | 可能太迟了 |
[46:38] | -What? Why, have they gone? -I think they might be dead. | -什么?它们去哪里了? -我觉得它们可能已经死了 |
[46:43] | -They’re dead already? -Yes. | -它们已经死了? -是的 |
[46:46] | Are they really, they’ve gone? They’re dead? | 它们走了?死了? |
[46:48] | [man] Yeah, they form a line now yeah. | 是的 它们已经在流水线上了 |
[46:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[46:53] | -Lovely. Well thanks again. -Well, thank you. | -很好 再次感谢 -谢谢 |
[46:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[47:05] | [gate opens] | |
[47:10] | [sniffling] | |
[47:19] | [serene music playing] | |
[47:25] | [Jeremy] The sheep had been on my farm now for three months. | 绵羊已经在我的农场待了三个月 |
[47:29] | For most of that time, they had been a nightmare. | 大多数时候 它们就是噩梦 |
[47:33] | No, no, no, no, no. Oi! | 不 |
[47:36] | And for all of it, they’ve been ruinously expensive. | 而且它们还非常贵 |
[47:41] | Uh, I’ll think of a number and double it really. | 我会算出一个数字再乘上双倍 在那个基础上再算 |
[47:43] | -I am going to need a shepherd, aren’t I? -I think you should, yeah. | -我需要一名牧羊人 -我觉得是的 |
[47:46] | That was a bad business choice. | 这个商业决策真糟糕 |
[47:50] | But these belligerent sex mad illness machines | 但这些好动的交配机器 |
[47:54] | have brought a lot of joy to the farm. | 为农场带来了很多欢乐 |
[47:58] | [Jeremy] That’s a great sight. | 这景色不错 |
[48:00] | Hello, sheepy. | 你们好 羊羊 |
[48:02] | [Jeremy] I’ve grown to love having them around. | 我开始爱上了它们的陪伴 |
[48:05] | You’re all eating for two now, aren’t you all? Or three, hopefully. | 你们现在都是一羊吃两羊补了 是不是? 或者最好你们肚子里都能有两个宝宝 |
[48:08] | They’re actually learning to trust me, | 它们开始学会信任我 |
[48:11] | [laughs] | |
[48:13] | And there was one more surprise in store. | 还有一个意外等着我 |
[48:39] | I actually thought I wouldn’t be able to eat them, but | 我以为我没办法下口 |
[48:46] | it turns out I can. | 但结果我可以 |
[48:51] | They’re delicious. | 真好吃 下集预告 |
[48:59] | Farm shop. | 农产品商店 |
[49:00] | Why would I not do that? | 为什么不这么做呢? |
[49:02] | It’s like Fortnum and Mason’s in my mind. | 在我脑中这就像福南梅森百货公司 |
[49:05] | [man] It’s what? | 像什么? |
[49:08] | [Jeremy] All right, here we go. | 好了 来吧 |
[49:10] | [folk music playing] | 创意监督 罗婷婷 |