时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | So how was your night last night? | 你昨晚过得怎么样 |
[00:13] | Do anything special? | 做什么特别的了吗 |
[00:19] | Yeah, it was amazing. | 昨晚很棒 |
[00:21] | It was? | 是吗 |
[00:26] | So, I mean, what do we do now? | 那现在我们做什么 |
[00:29] | How about we keep it undefined? | 顺其自然如何 |
[00:34] | – For now. – Okay. | -暂时 -好 |
[00:45] | Hey, as long as you come over tonight, okay? | 你今晚过来就行 好吗 |
[00:48] | Uh, what time? | 什么时间 |
[00:57] | Sean! | 肖恩 |
[01:01] | Sean! | 肖恩 |
[01:02] | Go! Go! Go get him! | 快去 抓到他 |
[01:04] | Stop! Police! | 停下 警察 |
[01:20] | Police! Don’t move! | 警察 不许动 |
[01:24] | Police! | 警察 |
[01:28] | – Stay down! – You shot me. | -不许动 -你打了我 |
[01:30] | – Don’t you move! – You shot me! | -不许动 -你打了我 |
[01:31] | – Don’t you move! – You shot me! You shot me! | -不许动 -你打了我 你打了我 |
[01:34] | – Stay down! – You shot me! | -不许动 -你打了我 |
[01:36] | – Why you shot me for? – Yeah, I shot you! | -你为什么开枪打我 -我就打你 |
[01:38] | – I didn’t do anything! – You shot my partner! | -我什么都没做 -你开枪打了我的搭档 |
[01:40] | – I didn’t do anything! – You mother– | -我什么都没做 -你个混… |
[01:42] | what the hell did you do? | 你到底做了什么 |
[01:44] | – What the hell did you do? – You shot me! | -你到底做了什么 -你打了我 |
[01:46] | What is your problem? Stay down! | 你有神经病吗 不许动 |
[01:47] | What are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[01:49] | I didn’t do anything! | 我什么都没做 |
[01:50] | Sean! | 肖恩 |
[01:52] | I repeat, officer and offender down! | 重复 警官和疑犯都中枪 |
[01:54] | Roll two ambulances to 580 West Cermak! | 派两辆救护车到西瑟马克街580号 |
[01:56] | My partner’s been shot. Offender’s been shot. | 我的搭档中枪 疑犯中枪 |
[01:58] | Sean, are you okay? Sean! | 肖恩 你没事吧 肖恩 |
[02:01] | Are you hit anywhere else? | 其它地方还中枪了吗 |
[02:02] | Sean, please talk to me! | 肖恩 快说句话 |
[02:04] | Just show me! | 告诉我 |
[02:05] | Please don’t die! Please don’t die! | 求你不要死 求你了 |
[02:08] | Sean! | 肖恩 |
[02:18] | – How many shots? – Four? Maybe five. | -开了多少枪 -四枪 可能是五枪 |
[02:20] | and then Roman, he screams at me to go. | 然后罗曼就大喊着让我去抓人 |
[02:22] | – He said that? – Yes. | -他那么说了吗 -是的 |
[02:23] | So I chased that little prick to that corner, | 所以我就把那个小混蛋追到那边街角 |
[02:26] | he fires at me two more times. | 他又朝我开了两枪 |
[02:27] | I tell him to stop | 我让他停下 |
[02:28] | and then he turns, looks over his shoulder, | 然后他转身 往后瞥 |
[02:31] | something silver in his hand, so I fired. | 手里有银色的东西 所以我就开枪了 |
[02:33] | You kept sight on him the whole time? | 整个过程中他都没离开过你的视线吗 |
[02:34] | No, not when he rounded the corner. | 不是 他过街角的时候离开了 |
[02:38] | But I only had my eye off him for a few seconds, | 但我只有几秒钟没看到他 |
[02:40] | it’s the same kid. | 我确定是同一个人 |
[02:41] | You get a look at him as he approached the car? | 他接近车的时候你看到他了吗 |
[02:44] | Maybe a glimpse. Mostly just arm and torso, | 大概只瞥到了胳膊和上身 |
[02:46] | gun and muzzle flashes. | 枪还有他开枪 |
[02:48] | Silver gun, it looked like a .9. | 银色枪 看上去像9毫米的 |
[02:50] | Did you see where the asswipe tossed the piece? | 你看到那家伙把枪丢在哪里了吗 |
[02:52] | – What? – Can’t find it. | -什么 -枪找不到 |
[03:00] | – You all right? – Yes. How is Sean? | -你没事吧 -没事 肖恩怎么样 |
[03:02] | He lost a lot of blood. | 他流了很多血 |
[03:04] | Marine Unit is en route to find the gun. | 水警正在来找枪的路上 |
[03:07] | You hit him twice from 40 yards away in low light? | 灯光不好的情况下40码外你打中他两枪 |
[03:10] | Nice job. | 干得漂亮 |
[03:16] | Kim. Kim, come here. | 金 金 过来 |
[03:18] | You got to put a statement together. | 你得写一份声明 |
[03:20] | Okay? List everything that happened. Be definitive. | 把发生的一切都写清楚 要完整可靠 |
[03:24] | Keep your feelings out of it. | 不要掺杂个人情感 |
[03:25] | Everything you say will be carved in stone. | 你说的一切都将无法改变 |
[03:29] | I want to get to Med. | 我想去医院 |
[03:31] | After. | 写完之后 |
[03:38] | 17-year-old male. Multiple GSWs. | 17岁男性 多处枪伤 |
[03:40] | One in the lower flank, one in the left thigh. | 一处在身侧下方 另一处在左侧大腿 |
[03:42] | No exit wounds. GCS 15, BP 166/72. | 没有贯穿伤 昏迷指数15 血压166/72 |
[03:45] | – Heart rate 128. – All right. | -心率128 -知道了 |
[03:46] | Dr. Choi, you’re going to Baghdad. | 崔医生 枪伤患者 你上 |
[03:47] | – Got it! – Talk to me, incoming! | -好的 -有患者 什么情况 |
[03:49] | 27-year-old police officer. | 27岁警官 |
[03:51] | Gunshot wound to the right neck, left back, arm, and hand. | 脖子右侧 背左侧 手部枪伤 |
[03:54] | GCS 15, BPs 94/60. Heart rates 122. | 昏迷指数15 血压94/60 心率122 |
[03:57] | All right, rotate. We’re going to Trauma 2. | 好 转 到创伤2室 |
[03:59] | No, no, he goes with Choi! | 不不 让他去崔医生那边 |
[04:01] | He goes with Choi! | 让他去崔医生那边 |
[04:04] | – Everyone shut up! – Maggie, come on! | -大家都闭嘴 -麦基 拜托 |
[04:07] | Go into Trauma 2! | 去创伤2室 |
[04:09] | Everybody block out the noise. Let’s get to work. | 大家都别吵 我们开工 |
[04:11] | And every police officer clear into the waiting room now! | 所有警官马上去候诊室等候 |
[04:15] | Move! Move! Move! | 过去 快过去 |
[04:18] | Get out of my ER! | 滚出我的急救室 |
[04:21] | Michael Vance Ellis. 17. No priors. | 迈克尔·文斯·埃利斯 无前科 |
[04:24] | Father, John Ellis, is a plumber, | 父亲为约翰·埃利斯 是个水管工 |
[04:25] | mother, Cecily Ellis, works at a bank. | 母亲为西西里·埃利斯 在银行工作 |
[04:27] | We’re running their address | 我们正在查他们的地址 |
[04:29] | for any historical in-service calls. | 看看有没有报警让警员去过 |
[04:30] | Roman and Ellis are both in surgery at Med. | 罗曼和埃利斯现在都在芝加哥医院做手术 |
[04:32] | Ellis’ parents are there. | 埃利斯的父母 |
[04:34] | – You got surveillance footage? – Yeah. | -找到监控录像了吗 -找到了 |
[04:36] | I’m uploading the POD footage right here. | 已经把城市监控的录像上传过来了 |
[04:51] | It’s unreal. Just like Philadelphia. | 跟做梦一样 好像《费城故事》 |
[04:54] | That your statement? | 声明写好了吗 |
[04:57] | – Yeah. – Come on. | -好了 -来 |
[04:59] | All right, you’re gonna go into my office, | 你来我办公室 |
[05:00] | I’m gonna close the door, | 我把门关上 |
[05:02] | and I need you to memorize this. | 然后你把这个记住 |
[05:04] | Every word. | 每个词都记清楚 |
[05:11] | Marine Unit says no gun yet. | 水警那边说还没找到枪 |
[05:13] | Great. | 好极了 |
[05:15] | – Hank? – Yeah. | -汉克 -什么事 |
[05:15] | Assistant State’s Attorney is downstairs. | 助理州检察官在楼下 |
[05:17] | Who’d we get? | 来的是谁 |
[05:19] | Peter Stone. | 彼得·斯通 |
[05:29] | What was that about? | 怎么了 |
[05:31] | Stone’s the guy who sent him to prison. | 就是斯通把他送进监狱的 |
[05:41] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[05:44] | Hank. | 汉克 |
[05:48] | – Officer Roman’s in ICU? – That’s right. | -罗曼警官还在重症监护室吗 -是的 |
[05:50] | And Officer Burgess? How’s she holding up? | 伯吉斯警官呢 她怎么样 |
[05:53] | As well as can be expected. | 跟大家想的一样吧 |
[05:56] | What kind of a cop is she? | 她是个什么样的警察 |
[06:00] | A plus. | 特别优秀 |
[06:02] | I’m gonna need the General Progress Reports from the incident | 我需要事件的总体进展报告 |
[06:05] | plus any CRs on both officers Roman and Burgess. | 还有罗曼警官和伯吉斯警官的所有相关报告 |
[06:07] | They’re active cops, they’re gonna have complaint reports. | 他们是现役警官 肯定会有人投诉过他们 |
[06:09] | Yeah, I get it. | 我明白 |
[06:11] | We have 42 hours | 我们有42小时时间 |
[06:12] | to either charge or release Mr. Ellis. | 要么起诉埃利斯先生 要么释放他 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I’m aware. | 这我知道 |
[06:17] | Feed you the info as I get it. | 我拿到资料后会给你 |
[06:18] | I appreciate that, but because of the profile of the incident, | 谢谢 但是鉴于这个事件的性质 |
[06:21] | we’ll be doing a parallel and independent investigation. | 我们会展开平行且独立的调查 |
[06:24] | My people are already talking to the victim. | 我的人已经在跟受害者谈了 |
[06:28] | This is a clean shoot, Peter. | 对方开枪袭警 清晰明了 彼得 |
[06:30] | I sure hope so. | 我希望如此 |
[06:31] | You get me those reports ASAP. | 尽快把那些报告给我 |
[06:46] | Mr. And Mrs. Ellis? | 埃利斯先生 埃利斯夫人 |
[06:47] | I’m Detective Halstead, this is Detective Lindsay. | 我是霍斯特德警探 这位是琳德赛警探 |
[06:50] | They’re saying Michael shot the police. | 他们说迈克尔开枪打了那名警察 |
[06:52] | Yeah, he did. | 没错 |
[06:53] | That couldn’t happen. It just couldn’t. | 不可能 不可能的事 |
[06:54] | That’s what we’re here to figure out. | 所以我们才想调查清楚 |
[06:57] | Does your son have access to a gun? | 你的儿子能接触到枪吗 |
[06:58] | No! No knife, no gun, no nothing. Not in my house. | 不能 我家没有枪 没有刀 什么都没有 |
[07:02] | You have to believe us. | 你们要相信我们 |
[07:04] | Michael doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. | 迈克尔心中没有任何歪念 |
[07:07] | He’s a Chicago Scholar. He’s on the Honor Roll. | 他是芝加哥大学荣誉学生 挂在荣誉榜上呢 |
[07:11] | There’s no way he could’ve done this. | 他不可能做出这种事 |
[07:14] | My son didn’t do this! | 不是我儿子干的 |
[07:21] | He didn’t do this. | 不是他干的 |
[07:38] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[07:46] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:50] | I’m all over the news. | 新闻上到处都在说我 |
[07:52] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:59] | Kim… | 金 |
[08:04] | I know you and I ended pretty rough, | 我知道你和我的收场很难看 |
[08:07] | but, hey… | 但是… |
[08:11] | I still care about you a lot and… | 我还是很关心你… |
[08:15] | if you need anything at all… | 如果你需要些什么 |
[08:19] | I’m here. I got your back. | 尽管找我 有我呢 |
[08:28] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[08:37] | Tell us what happened, Michael. | 告诉我们发生了什么 迈克尔 |
[08:40] | This guy ran around a corner. | 那家伙跑过街角 |
[08:43] | Fired a gun a couple of times | 开了几枪 |
[08:44] | then ducked off into a building like 20 feet from me. | 然后躲到了离我不到二十英尺的一幢房子里 |
[08:49] | I started to run ’cause this kid was shooting | 我开始跑 因为那孩子不停地开枪 |
[08:51] | and I didn’t know what was going on. | 我不知道怎么回事 |
[08:55] | Next thing I know, | 接下来 |
[08:57] | I hear this woman’s voice yelling so I turned and ran. | 我听到一个女人在大喊 所以我转头就跑 |
[09:01] | Then it felt like I got punched hard in the back. | 然后我感觉背后被人狠狠地揍了 |
[09:07] | That’s all I remember. | 我只记得这些 |
[09:14] | Now they telling me I might never walk again. | 现在他们告诉我可能以后都没法走路了 |
[09:17] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[09:21] | My baby. | 宝贝 |
[09:25] | Michael, did you have a gun? | 迈克尔 你有枪吗 |
[09:29] | No. | 没有 |
[09:30] | What were you doing down by the water? | 你去河边干什么 |
[09:32] | I was just going for a walk. | 我只是想去走走 |
[09:33] | This girl I’ve been seeing, she broke up with me. | 我的女朋友和我分手了 |
[09:36] | I just wanted to be alone. | 我只想一个人待会 |
[09:41] | That lady cop… | 那个女警… |
[09:43] | shot the wrong guy. | 打错了人 |
[09:51] | 迈克尔·埃利斯 17岁 无前科 警官 金·伯吉斯 警官 肖恩·罗曼 | |
[09:54] | We finished the IPR, separated by family members, | 我们整理了调查报告 根据家庭成员 |
[09:57] | known associates, neighbors, and schools. | 熟人 邻居和同学关系分类 |
[10:00] | We did not find one witness who would say | 所有证人都说 |
[10:02] | this kid was anything but an Eagle Scout. | 这孩子是个优等生 |
[10:04] | Gang Investigation says they don’t have him | 帮派调查组那边说这孩子 |
[10:05] | affiliated with anyone. | 跟任何帮派成员都没有联系 |
[10:06] | Not one gang card or disbursal on him. | 他跟任何帮派团伙没有关系 |
[10:08] | Gunshot residue test on Ellis came back inconclusive, | 因为埃利斯倒在了水中 枪击残留物测试结果 |
[10:10] | because of the water he fell into. | 无法下定论 |
[10:17] | Patel. | 我是帕特尔 |
[10:19] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[10:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:24] | Boss needs an update. | 老大想知道最新情况 |
[10:33] | He’s on his way. | 他马上过去 |
[10:34] | No weapon. | 没找到武器 |
[10:36] | No continuous line of sight. | 没有连续目击情况 |
[10:38] | No independent witnesses to any part of it. | 没有任何独立证人 |
[10:43] | – What do we have? – Officer Burgess. | -我们到底有什么 -伯吉斯警官 |
[10:47] | We actually have more evidence against her than Ellis. | 针对她的证据比针对埃利斯的还多 |
[10:49] | She made a positive ID. | 她指认了嫌犯 |
[10:51] | The single most unreliable type of ID: eyewitnesses. | 最不可靠的指认就是目击证人的指认 |
[10:54] | Oh, come on, we all know what happened that night. | 别这样 我们都知道那天晚上发生了什么 |
[10:58] | The other guy Ellis said was shooting? | 埃利斯所说的另一个开枪者 |
[11:00] | He’s not on any cameras. | 任何摄像头都没拍到他 |
[11:01] | And the building he supposedly ran into? | 他所谓的跑入的那幢大楼 |
[11:04] | One door, triple locked from the inside. | 只有一扇门 还是从里面锁了三层 |
[11:07] | Houdini couldn’t have gotten in. | 连胡迪尼[魔术大师]都进不去 |
[11:10] | No gun. Shot in the back. | 找不到枪 背部中枪 |
[11:14] | You rush to edict this kid and we get it wrong… | 你急于给这孩子定罪 如果我们弄错了… |
[11:18] | This city’s gonna explode. | 就会引起轩然大波 |
[11:29] | You know what I can’t figure out? | 你知道我有什么想不明白的吗 |
[11:34] | Is why Ellis did it. | 埃利斯为什么这么做 |
[11:36] | It doesn’t add up. | 说不通啊 |
[11:39] | How do you graduate from having no priors | 为什么一个从小到大没有前科的人 |
[11:41] | to trying to kill two cops? | 想杀死两名警察 |
[11:43] | We may never know. | 我们也许永远不会知道了 |
[11:47] | I need to know. | 我需要知道 |
[11:48] | ‘Cause until I do, there’s too many cracks | 因为不然的话 这案子有太多漏洞 |
[11:50] | – in the case to bring charges. – Don’t tell me. Don’t tell me. | -会推翻我们的指控 -别告诉我 别告诉我 |
[11:52] | Michael Ellis is free to go home | 迈克尔·埃利斯一旦可以出院 |
[11:54] | – once he’s discharged from Med. – You’re making a mistake. | -就能回家了 -这是一个错误 |
[11:55] | We’re gonna keep investigating. | 我们会继续调查 |
[11:56] | Don’t blow smoke up my ass. You caved. | 别来蒙我了 是你退缩了 |
[11:59] | This case is gonna get shoved in a file cabinet somewhere. | 这个案子一放下就不会有人再来管了 |
[12:02] | That’s where you’re wrong. | 这你就错了 |
[12:03] | Someone’s getting charged. | 会有人被起诉的 |
[12:05] | I just don’t know who yet. | 我只是还不知道是谁 |
[12:17] | You called me in, Sarge? | 你找我吗 警长 |
[12:25] | “Officer Burgess, you have been | “伯吉斯警官 现正式 |
[12:27] | “Officially relieved of your police powers and duties | “解除你的警察权力以及 |
[12:30] | “pending separation from this department. | “你在本局的职权 |
[12:32] | “You no longer have the authority to carry a weapon. | “你无权携带枪支 |
[12:35] | “If you on-view any criminal acts | “如果你发现任何犯罪行为 |
[12:37] | “You must call 911 and take no police action. | “你必须拨打报警电话 不得行使警察职权 |
[12:40] | “Did you clearly and intelligently understand | “你明白以上的 |
[12:42] | each and every one of these orders?” | 每条命令了吗” |
[12:49] | Yes. | 明白 |
[13:00] | Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:01] | Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:02] | Hands up, don’t shoot! Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:05] | Hands up, don’t shoot! Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:08] | Hands up, don’t shoot! Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:10] | Another unarmed black man shot in Chicago! | 又一个手无寸铁的黑人在芝加哥中枪了 |
[13:13] | Shot in the back too. | 还是背部中枪 |
[13:14] | Tell me something, brother, | 告诉我 哥们儿 |
[13:16] | you like shooting at your own people? | 你喜欢开枪打你自己人吗 |
[13:19] | Really? | 搞什么 |
[13:21] | – Watch yourself, man. – What you ‘gon do? | -小心点 伙计 -你想干什么 |
[13:22] | You gonna shoot me or something, man? | 你想朝我开枪怎么着 |
[13:23] | Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:25] | Hands up, don’t shoot! Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 举起手 别开枪 |
[13:36] | Got here as fast as we could. | 尽快赶过来了 |
[13:37] | Called in some more hands. | 多找了些人手 |
[13:39] | The incident took place at 580 West Cermak street? | 这起案件是在西瑟马克街580号发生的吗 |
[13:42] | Correct. | 没错 |
[13:43] | Isn’t that… | 那不是… |
[13:46] | three blocks off your assigned beat? | 距你分管的辖区有三个街区吗 |
[13:52] | We went on the zone, told dispatch | 我们辖区巡逻后 告诉调度中心 |
[13:53] | we were going down on a personal. | 我们要去稍事休息 |
[13:55] | Officer Burgess, did you notice anyone else | 伯吉斯警官 你在开枪前 |
[13:57] | walking around the area before the shooting? | 发现有其他人在那片区域吗 |
[13:59] | No. It’s all in my report. | 没有 我报告里都写了 |
[14:06] | So how long had you been going out with Michael Ellis? | 你和迈克尔·埃利斯约会多久了 |
[14:10] | Few months. | 几个月吧 |
[14:11] | But you’re not together anymore? | 但你们现在没在一起了吗 |
[14:15] | No, ma’am. | 是 警官 |
[14:18] | Why’d you guys break up? | 你们为什么分手 |
[14:20] | I told him we needed to slow it down. | 我告诉他 我们得慢慢来 |
[14:22] | I didn’t mean for him to take it that way. | 没想到他那样理解 |
[14:24] | – What way? – Like we were over. | -怎样理解 -分手 |
[14:28] | I told him that. | 我跟他说过 |
[14:33] | You and Michael Ellis worked together, right? | 你和迈克尔·埃利斯是同事 对吗 |
[14:34] | – Yeah. – What kind of kid is he? | -对 -他人怎么样 |
[14:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:37] | We’re not here about a stolen purse, Mr. Kelton, | 我们不是来查偷窃的小案 凯尔顿先生 |
[14:40] | a police officer was shot. | 一位警员中枪了 |
[14:41] | If you have information, you need to tell us. | 如果你知道什么 请配合我们 |
[14:44] | Wish I could help. | 我也希望能 |
[14:47] | Have you ever been in jail, Mr. Kelton? | 你坐过牢吗 凯尔顿先生 |
[14:48] | Juvie. Nothing since. | 去过少管所 之后就没了 |
[14:50] | – You want to go back? – For what? | -你想回去吗 -凭什么罪名 |
[14:52] | It’s called hindering a prosecution. | 妨碍起诉 |
[14:54] | Three to five. | 刑期三到五年 |
[14:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:01] | On Friday, Mike was all agitated. | 周五的时候 迈克坐立不安 |
[15:05] | And then he just started ranting about– | 然后开始到处发牢骚 |
[15:08] | about Chicago cops. | 说芝加哥警察 |
[15:11] | What about Chicago cops? | 说芝加哥警察什么 |
[15:13] | Said they were out of control. | 说他们失控了 |
[15:15] | That no one ever did anything it. | 没人敢去管 |
[15:23] | Well, I got something. | 我有发现 |
[15:25] | Michael Ellis, his Instagram account, | 迈克尔·埃利斯的Ins账户 |
[15:26] | he deleted it a day before the shooting. | 他在枪击案前一天注销了 |
[15:28] | Right. | 好 |
[15:29] | I pulled this off the girlfriend’s account. | 我调出了他女朋友的账户 |
[15:37] | Honor student my ass. | 去他妈的优秀学生 |
[15:40] | Hands up, don’t shoot! | 举起手 别开枪 |
[15:41] | – Hands up, don’t shoot! – Get out front | -举起手 别开枪 -去外面 |
[15:43] | and set a parameter with the blue horses, | 用栏杆围出一块区域来 |
[15:45] | and, remember, everyone has a camera phone | 还有记住 他们手里都有拍照手机 |
[15:47] | and they’re all looking to get on CNN. Go. | 人人都等着上CNN呢 去吧 |
[15:50] | – Hank? – Yeah? | -汉克 -什么事 |
[15:52] | Just got a call from a guy who lives in the building | 埃利斯中枪地附近的大楼里 |
[15:54] | near where Ellis got shot. He says he has video. | 有人打来电话 说他有录像 |
[16:03] | – Yeah? – Atwater, Olinsky. CPD. | -谁 -阿特沃特和奥林斯基 警署的 |
[16:06] | Okay, great, so here’s the deal. | 真棒 情况是这样 |
[16:08] | Uh, some other cops came by the night after that kid got shot. | 枪击案之后那晚有警察来我这 |
[16:11] | I said I wasn’t home that night, so I didn’t see anything, | 我说我当晚不在家 什么也没看见 |
[16:14] | but I’ve got a security camera in my window | 但我的窗边放了一个摄像头 |
[16:16] | pointing down on the street because my car was broken into. | 正对着大街 因为我的车窗之前被人砸过 |
[16:19] | – Which you just forgot about? – Honestly, slipped my mind. | -之前你忘了说这个吗 -我真的是忘了 |
[16:22] | Until this morning when my computer asked me | 直到今早电脑提醒我 |
[16:24] | if I wanted to delete some footage. | 要不要删掉储存的录像 |
[16:25] | It’s set to do that once a month. | 我每个月都会删一次 |
[16:27] | All right, how about we look at the video? | 好 那给我们看看吧 |
[16:31] | My buddy said I could sell this for major cash. | 我兄弟说我要卖了它 能大赚一笔 |
[16:34] | You want to obstruct an active investigation? | 你想妨碍警方调查吗 |
[16:40] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[17:10] | Stone. | 我是斯通 |
[17:20] | That’s our gun. | 枪找到了 |
[17:21] | Hell yes, that’s our gun. | 是的 枪找到了 |
[17:24] | Where’d this come from? | 这录像从哪来的 |
[17:25] | Private security camera overlooking the waterfront. | 监控码头区域的私人安保摄像 |
[17:30] | Good. | 很好 |
[17:34] | We just brought this up. Found it 20 feet out. | 我们才捞起了这个 在6米开外 |
[17:37] | After conducting an independent, | 在对全部证据进行了 |
[17:40] | thorough investigation of all the evidence | 独立 详细的调查之后 |
[17:44] | at this time we announce the indictment of Michael Ellis… | 现在我们宣布起诉迈克尔·埃利斯 |
[17:49] | For the attempted murder of Officer Sean Roman | 罪名是在2016年4月11日 |
[17:52] | and Officer Kim Burgess on April the 11th, 2016. | 蓄意谋杀肖恩·罗曼与金·伯吉斯警官 |
[17:56] | Let’s go. Come on. | 我们走 走 |
[18:09] | Union take care of you? | 工会帮你忙了吗 |
[18:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:16] | The department put me in an administrative spot. | 部门安排我去了行政岗位 |
[18:19] | Platt says it’s like a time out. | 普拉特说这像是暂停 |
[18:21] | It’s full pay. Union stepped up. | 还是全薪 工会站出来了 |
[18:29] | I got the right guy. | 我没抓错人 |
[18:32] | He had white Nikes on, okay? | 他穿着白耐克鞋 |
[18:34] | And when I got out of the car and I started running, | 当我从车里出来追他的时候 |
[18:36] | I saw how white they were against the street. | 那双白鞋在路上特别显眼 |
[18:38] | Just– | 就… |
[18:42] | That just hit me last night in bed. | 这是我昨晚睡前突然想到的 |
[18:43] | That Michael Ellis, he had them on too. | 那个迈克尔·埃利斯脚上也穿了 |
[18:45] | Kim…that guy tried to kill us. | 金 那家伙想杀了我们 |
[18:48] | You chased him down, you dropped his ass. | 你追上他 放倒了他 |
[18:51] | I don’t care what anybody else is saying, | 我不在乎其他人怎么说 |
[18:53] | this is coming from your partner. | 作为搭档 我告诉你 |
[18:55] | You saved the lives of who knows how many other cops out there, | 你拯救了外面不知道多少警察的性命 |
[18:58] | that son of a bitch gotten away. | 你抓住了那个混蛋 |
[19:00] | You did the right thing. | 你做的没有错 |
[19:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:09] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[19:12] | – Shambala. – Peter. | -香巴拉 -彼得 |
[19:14] | – How’s Ted? – He’s retiring next month. | -泰德还好吗 -他下个月就退休了 |
[19:17] | – That’s great! – No, it’s not. | -真棒 -才不是 |
[19:19] | I want that man working. I am not going down to a one-income family. | 我想让他上班 我才不要做单收入家庭 |
[19:24] | That Cartier you wear tells me otherwise. | 你手上那块卡地亚可没那么说 |
[19:26] | It’s a fake, don’t tell anyone. | 是假货 别告诉别人 |
[19:27] | – Yeah, right. – So what’s the offer, huh? | -是啊 -所以这次又是什么 |
[19:30] | Whenever you have an offer you meet me at this roach coach. | 每次你一有事 都约我在这破餐车见 |
[19:33] | Did you ever hear the story of the unluckiest man in the world? | 你听过全世界最倒霉的人的故事吗 |
[19:36] | It’s a story about a kid who poses on Instagram | 说一个孩子在Ins上发布了 |
[19:38] | with a silver Beretta, | 拿着银色手枪的照片 |
[19:39] | who wears the exact same clothes as a cop shooter, | 穿着打扮和那个警察杀手一模一样 |
[19:41] | and then gets caught on video tossing said gun into the river. | 还被摄像头拍下将那把枪扔进河里 |
[19:47] | Do you read the papers? | 你没看报纸吗 |
[19:49] | We all love Michael. | 人人都爱迈克尔 |
[19:51] | He loses at trial, he could get 80. | 他要是败诉 可能会被判80年 |
[19:54] | That kid is not getting convicted by a jury in this city. | 那孩子不会被芝加哥的陪审团定罪的 |
[19:57] | Maybe two years ago. | 两年前或许会 |
[20:00] | Not today. | 但如今不可能 |
[20:05] | Why are we no further on motive? | 为什么作案动机还是查不出来 |
[20:07] | Ellis told his co-worker he had it out for cops | 埃利斯告诉同事自己不满警察 |
[20:10] | – and that’s it? – Sir, State doesn’t need– | -只有这个吗 -长官 州检不… |
[20:11] | And don’t tell me the state only has to prove | 别告诉我州检只需要证明 |
[20:13] | the act not the reason. | 行为而不是动机 |
[20:15] | I’ve never seen one jury come back guilty | 我从没见过有公诉方不说明动机 |
[20:17] | when we don’t show motive. | 陪审团还认定有罪的 |
[20:19] | People want to know why. | 人们想知道原因 |
[20:21] | It’s got to make sense. | 原因一定要服众 |
[20:23] | Kid doesn’t shoot into a cop car just for the hell of it. | 他不会只为了好玩枪击警车 |
[20:27] | Enhanced POD video is finally back. | 增强版的监控视频送来了 |
[20:29] | And please tell me we can see Ellis’ face. | 请告诉我能看见埃利斯的脸 |
[20:32] | Not quite. | 恐怕不行 |
[20:42] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[20:49] | How long have you been screwing your partner? | 你跟你的搭档在一起上床多久了 |
[20:55] | Where’d you hear that? | 你听谁说的 |
[21:03] | I don’t know what-I don’t know what that has to do | 我不知道…不知道这跟有人袭击我们 |
[21:04] | with someone attacking us. | 有什么关系 |
[21:05] | Allow me to answer that question | 让我像格林女士一样 |
[21:07] | as Ms. Green will. | 来回答这个问题 |
[21:09] | When you shot Michael Ellis, were you thinking | 你向迈克尔·埃利斯开枪时 你是在用 |
[21:11] | with your head or your crotch? | 大脑思考还是下半身思考 |
[21:12] | We were fired on! | 有人朝我们开枪 |
[21:14] | We were! | 朝我们 |
[21:17] | Officer Burgess… | 伯吉斯警官 |
[21:19] | I am devoting a lot of our resources | 我要投入很多人力物力 |
[21:21] | to essentially defend you. | 为你辩护 |
[21:25] | Which I am ready to do… | 我也准备好这么做 |
[21:28] | But I need to know… | 但我需要知道 |
[21:29] | are there anymore trap doors out there | 还有其它陷阱等着我们 |
[21:32] | – waiting for us? – No. | -往里跳吗 -没有 |
[21:35] | I reacted as I was trained. | 我按照我接受的训练做出了反应 |
[21:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:11] | We love you, Michael! | 我们爱你 迈克尔 |
[22:14] | All right, quiet. | 好了 肃静 |
[22:15] | Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! | 肃静 肃静 肃静 |
[22:20] | I know this is an emotional time for all of us. | 我知道 我们所有人情绪都很激动 |
[22:24] | But this court must have a level of decorum | 但是法庭之上必须要遵守礼仪 |
[22:27] | and respect for all sides. | 尊重所有人员 |
[22:31] | Please be seated. | 请就坐 |
[22:38] | Mr. Royal, would you please state for the court what you do? | 罗伊尔先生 能请你向法庭说明你是做什么的吗 |
[22:40] | I’m a firearms examiner for the Illinois State Police. | 我是伊利诺伊州警方的武器检查员 |
[22:43] | Do you recognize this weapon? | 你认得这件武器吗 |
[22:44] | Yes, it’s a stainless steel Beretta 92. | 认得 这是不锈钢贝瑞塔92手枪 |
[22:47] | And you did the ballistics testing | 你对这把枪 即庭上出示的10号证物 |
[22:48] | on this gun, People’s exhibit 10? | 进行了弹道检测 对吗 |
[22:51] | I did. The fired evidence | 是的 犯罪现场的 |
[22:53] | from the crime scene came from this gun. | 开枪证据就是从这把枪上得来的 |
[22:55] | So this gun, found in the river, | 所以这把在河里找到的枪 |
[22:57] | is the same gun that shot Officer Roman? | 和射伤罗曼警官的枪是同一把 对吗 |
[23:01] | Correct. | 是的 |
[23:07] | Can you determine from this photo, | 你能根据这张照片 |
[23:08] | People’s exhibit 11, | 即庭上出示的11号证物 |
[23:10] | the make of the gun Michael Ellis is holding here? | 来判断出迈克尔·埃利斯拿着的是什么枪吗 |
[23:12] | That is stainless steel Beretta 92. | 那是一把不锈钢贝瑞塔92手枪 |
[23:16] | A stainless steel Beretta 92. | 一把不锈钢贝瑞塔92手枪 |
[23:21] | No more questions. | 没有问题了 |
[23:23] | As you sit here today, Mr. Royal, | 既然你今天出庭 罗伊尔先生 |
[23:25] | can you testify that you know | 那你能证明你确定知道 |
[23:28] | that the gun Mr. Ellis is indeed holding in this photo | 埃利斯先生在这张照片中拿着的枪 |
[23:31] | is the same gun that was used in the crime? | 就是本案中使用的枪吗 |
[23:35] | No, I cannot. | 我无法证明 |
[23:37] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[23:43] | I found the gun in, probably, a foot of silt right there. | 我大概是在这里的淤泥里发现了作案用枪 |
[23:46] | Parallel from where Michael Ellis fell in this diagram, | 刚好在迈克尔·埃利斯倒下的地方附近 |
[23:49] | – People’s exhibit 23? – Yes. | -即庭上出示的23号证物所示 -是的 |
[23:52] | And how far out from the shore did you find the gun? | 你发现枪时距离河岸有多远 |
[23:55] | – About 20 feet? – Throwing distance? | -大概20英尺 -可抛送范围内 |
[23:57] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[23:58] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[24:01] | You testified earlier that you had the camera installed | 之前你做证说你装摄像头是因为 |
[24:04] | because your car had been broken into? | 你的车玻璃被砸过 |
[24:06] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[24:07] | Did you catch the perpetrators? | 你抓到作案人员了吗 |
[24:09] | Chicago PD did, yes. | 芝加哥警署的人抓到了 |
[24:10] | The two men who broke into your car, | 砸车玻璃的两个人 |
[24:12] | they were African-American, correct? | 是非裔美国人 对吗 |
[24:15] | Objection. Irrelevant and immaterial. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[24:17] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[24:18] | Mr. Cade, what do you do for a living? | 凯德先生 你是做什么的 |
[24:20] | I’m a graphic designer. | 我是平面设计师 |
[24:22] | So you create images in your computer? | 也就是用电脑创作图像 |
[24:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:25] | You also manipulate images in a computer? | 而且用电脑操控图像 |
[24:28] | I guess. | 是吧 |
[24:29] | Have you ever manipulated video in a computer? | 那你用电脑操控过视频吗 |
[24:32] | – Well, not this one. – That’s not what I asked you. | -本案中的视频没有 -我问的不是这个 |
[24:34] | Have you ever manipulated video in a computer? | 你用电脑操控过视频吗 |
[24:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:40] | Okay, I’d like to direct your attention to– | 好 下面请大家看着 |
[24:43] | to the monitor, please. | 这个显示器 |
[24:46] | Is this the video caught by your security camera? | 这是你的摄像头拍下的视频吗 |
[24:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:56] | Wait, there’s no gun! | 等一下 没有枪 |
[24:57] | Objection, that’s not the video entered into evidence. | 反对 这不是证物中的视频 |
[24:59] | Sustained. That’s because it’s a fake. | 反对有效 因为视频是假的 |
[25:00] | I had a graphic designer remove the silver flash | 我让一个平面设计师把银色闪光去掉了 |
[25:04] | just to prove how easy it is to manipulate video. | 目的就是为了证明操控视频有多么容易 |
[25:06] | It took less than an hour. | 用了不到一小时时间 |
[25:07] | This is completely improper and she knows it. | 这样极其不当 她明知故犯 |
[25:09] | Ms. Green, not only am I gonna sustain the objection, | 格林女士 我不仅要支持反对有效 |
[25:13] | but I’m also going to instruct the jury | 而且要指示陪审团 |
[25:14] | to ignore what they’ve just seen as it’s a violation | 无视刚才看到的视频 因为这违反了 |
[25:17] | of the rules of evidence. | 证据使用的原则 |
[25:19] | My apologies to the court. | 我向法庭道歉 |
[25:22] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[25:29] | Find a way to shut this down. | 想办法跟对方达成协议 |
[25:31] | If we do that, we might as well shut down the office. | 如果那样 我们还是关门大吉吧 |
[25:32] | You can’t shoot the police and we know he’s the shooter. | 谁都不能朝警察开枪 我们也知道就是他开的枪 |
[25:35] | Beyond Chicago’s reasonable doubt? | 排除芝加哥的合理怀疑了吗 |
[25:42] | You do realize | 你知道 |
[25:43] | that I’m the black State’s Attorney of Cook County? | 我是库克郡的黑人检察官吧 |
[25:47] | – I do. – And that as a public employee | -知道 -作为公务员 |
[25:49] | if Michael Ellis is acquitted, | 如果迈克尔·埃利斯无罪释放 |
[25:52] | you come in to work the next morning, | 你可以第二天一早继续来上班 |
[25:54] | start a new case, while I, an elected official, | 开始处理新案子 而我这个民选的政府人员 |
[25:57] | am voted out of office come November. | 在11月的投票中就会被投下台了 |
[26:03] | I’m not gonna lose. | 我不会输的 |
[26:07] | Don’t. | 不要输 |
[26:20] | We want justice! | 我们要求正义 |
[26:21] | We want justice! We want justice! | 我们要求正义 我们要求正义 |
[26:24] | We want justice! | 我们要求正义 |
[26:26] | Kim, remember… | 金 记住 |
[26:27] | you keep your head up. | 你要抬头挺胸 |
[26:28] | You look the defense attorney’s right in the eye. | 你要看着辩方律师的眼睛 |
[26:32] | Burgess… | 伯吉斯 |
[26:35] | I’m really proud of you. | 我真的很为你骄傲 |
[26:38] | We want justice! | 我们要求正义 |
[26:41] | Ready Kim? | 好了吗 金 |
[26:44] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[27:26] | What are these, Officer Burgess? | 这是什么 伯吉斯警官 |
[27:29] | Commendations for bravery. | 英勇行为嘉奖 |
[27:30] | And why did you receive, say, this one? | 这个你是怎么得到的 |
[27:34] | My partner and I rescued a young boy | 我和我的搭档救了一个 |
[27:36] | from where he was imprisoned in his basement. | 被囚禁在地下室的男孩 |
[27:39] | His own mother had held him there for years. | 他的亲妈把他囚禁在地下室好多年了 |
[27:41] | And the other one? | 另一个呢 |
[27:42] | That’s the Lambert Tree award. | 这是兰伯特特里奖章 |
[27:44] | Um, I was shot in the line of duty | 我上班期间 |
[27:45] | while knocking on a door on a routine call. | 例行敲门询问时中枪 |
[27:48] | I took a shotgun blast to the head, neck, | 我被一支猎枪打中了头部 脖子 |
[27:50] | face, and shoulder. | 脸部和肩膀 |
[27:51] | Shot in the line of duty and you came back to work | 执勤时受伤 然后还回来工作 |
[27:53] | – and went back on patrol? – Yes. | -并且继续出勤巡逻 -是的 |
[27:55] | As soon as I could. | 身体一好我就回来了 |
[27:58] | On the side of our squad it says, very simply, | 在我们的警车车身上写着很简单的一句话 |
[27:59] | “We serve and protect.” And that’s why I do this job. | “服务与保护” 这也是我干这行的原因 |
[28:02] | The side of the squad car that Michael Ellis | 是迈克尔·埃利斯打了五发子弹的 |
[28:04] | shot five bullets through? | 车身上吗 |
[28:05] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[28:07] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[28:22] | Officer Burgess… | 伯吉斯警官 |
[28:25] | How long have you and your partner, Sean Roman, | 你和你的搭档 肖恩·罗曼 |
[28:28] | been in a sexual relationship? | 发生性关系有多久了 |
[28:37] | Officer Roman and I had just begun to see each other. | 罗曼警官和我最近才开始约会 |
[28:39] | Just who were you “serving and protecting” | 你在抚摸你搭档的脖子时 |
[28:41] | when you were stroking your partner’s neck? | 服务和保护的又是谁呢 |
[28:46] | Would you say that your… | 你认为… |
[28:48] | intimate relationship with Officer Roman | 你和罗曼警官的亲密关系 |
[28:50] | – clouded your judgment? – No. | -有没有影响你的判断 -没有 |
[28:52] | Would you say that your intimate relationship | 你认为你和罗曼警官的亲密关系 |
[28:54] | with Officer Roman caused you to panic | 有没有导致你在他中枪之后 |
[28:56] | – after he was shot? – No. | -惊慌失措 -没有 |
[28:58] | Would you say that your intimate relationship | 你认为你和罗曼警官的亲密关系 |
[28:59] | with Officer Roman caused you to shoot | 有没有导致你枪击了 |
[29:01] | the first black man you came across? | 你遇到的第一个黑人 |
[29:03] | Nearly unloading your weapon… | 几乎是朝他背上… |
[29:06] | – Objection! – into his back– | -反对 -打空了枪里的子弹 |
[29:07] | Badgering, inflammatory, and counsel is testifying! | 纠缠证人 煽动性用词 并且对方律师在作证 |
[29:09] | – Sustained. – I’ll restate, Your Honor. | -反对有效 -我重述一下 法官阁下 |
[29:12] | Ms. Burgess, | 伯吉斯女士 |
[29:14] | what was the man who shot your lover wearing | 你第一眼看到枪击你爱的人的时候 |
[29:16] | – when you first saw him? – Objection. | -他穿着什么样的衣服 -反对 |
[29:18] | – Improper characterization. – Sustained. | -不恰当描述 -反对有效 |
[29:20] | Apologies. What was the man who shot | 抱歉 枪击你搭档的人 |
[29:22] | your partner wearing? | 穿着什么样的衣服 |
[29:24] | A dark hoodie, jeans, white Nike shoes. | 深色连帽衫 牛仔裤 白色耐克鞋 |
[29:27] | The same ones that are worn | 所以和芝加哥一万五千名 |
[29:28] | by 15,000 urban youth in Chicago. | 城区青少年穿得一样 |
[29:32] | Yes, because they wear the same clothes | 是的 他们那么穿 |
[29:34] | to make it harder for police to identify them. | 正是为了让警方更难辨认他们 |
[29:36] | Hard to identify? | 难以辨认他们 |
[29:45] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[30:02] | That video kicked us in the balls, huh? | 那段视频真让人头疼 是不是 |
[30:04] | Yeah, dirty pool. | 是啊 太卑鄙了 |
[30:07] | We’re gonna get through it, right? | 我们能赢 对吗 |
[30:14] | So where are you on all this? | 你对这件事怎么看 |
[30:19] | I was black before I put this badge on. | 我戴上警徽前是个黑人 |
[30:23] | I’ll be black after I take it off. | 摘下之后还是黑人 |
[30:26] | Bottom line is that kid shot at my friends. | 关键是那小子开枪打了我的朋友 |
[30:31] | Might as well have shot me. | 和打我没什么区别 |
[30:38] | But why did he? | 但他为什么要那么做 |
[30:41] | I can put him at the scene. | 我可以证明他在现场 |
[30:42] | I can put the gun in his hand | 可以证明他有枪 |
[30:43] | and that’s enough, but I still don’t get why. | 那就够了 但是我还是不明白为什么 |
[30:49] | ‘Cause I look in Ellis’ eyes and I see what the jury sees: | 我看着埃利斯的眼睛 看到的和陪审团一样 |
[30:52] | someone’s son. | 为人子 |
[30:55] | Not an attempted cop killer. | 而不是意图谋杀警察的凶手 |
[31:02] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[31:04] | I think we got motive. | 我觉得我们查到动机了 |
[31:08] | Location of the incident | 事件发生地点 |
[31:09] | is five miles away from Ellis’ house. | 离埃利斯的家距离八公里 |
[31:11] | If he liked walking by the river or lake so much, | 如果他那么喜欢在河边或者湖边散步 |
[31:13] | why would he come here? | 为什么要去那儿 |
[31:14] | The south branch is less than four blocks from his house. | 南边的支流离他家只有四个街区远 |
[31:17] | Ellis had a wallet the night he was shot | 埃利斯被枪击当晚身上有个钱包 |
[31:18] | which was inventoried. Inside there was a CTA pass | 被录为证物 钱包里有张芝加哥交通卡 |
[31:21] | which he didn’t use the night of the shooting, | 但是在枪击当晚他并没有用过那张卡 |
[31:22] | so we couldn’t build a time line of where he was | 所以我们没法确定事件发生前 |
[31:24] | – prior to the incident. – Then we ran his CTA card | -他在哪 -然后我们调出了他交通卡的 |
[31:26] | for historical information. | 历史记录 |
[31:28] | Lo and behold Ellis visited that same location | 原来埃利斯在过去四年里 |
[31:29] | of the shooting 16 times over the last four years. | 去过枪击发生地点十六次 |
[31:32] | So we ran everyone that was arrested in the area | 所以我们调查了所有在那个区域被逮捕的人 |
[31:34] | and then we ran victims. | 以及被害人 |
[31:35] | Could you just tell us what you found, please? | 能不能直接告诉我们你们发现了什么 |
[31:38] | – Dewan Motley. – Who’s Dewan Motley? | -德怀恩·莫特力 -德怀恩·莫特力是谁 |
[31:41] | May I? | 给我吧 |
[31:44] | He was a live-in boyfriend | 他是埃利斯的一个阿姨 |
[31:46] | of one of Ellis’ aunts. | 当时同居的男朋友 |
[31:50] | Basically, a whole lot went down between Dewan Motley | 简单来说 德怀恩·莫特力和芝加哥警察 |
[31:53] | and the CPD at this exact same location six years ago. | 六年前在那个位置发生了很多事 |
[32:00] | I’ll keep digging around. | 我会继续查的 |
[32:02] | See if anyone close to Motley– | 看看有没有人和莫特力走得很近 |
[32:03] | No, no. Thanks for coming down and briefing us. | 不行 谢谢你过来告诉我们 |
[32:06] | Intelligence has to stay away at this point. | 从现在开始情报组不能插手了 |
[32:08] | How’s that? | 为什么 |
[32:09] | Green’s running a reasonable doubt defense | 格林试图通过合理怀疑来辩护 |
[32:10] | and she’s gonna bury us if we give her | 如果我们再出现任何利益冲突 |
[32:12] | anymore conflicts of interest. | 她一定会加以利用 |
[32:16] | You gonna be able to close on this, kid? | 你能打赢这个案子吗 孩子 |
[32:20] | I think you know I’m able, Sergeant. | 你知道我可以 警长 |
[32:23] | Except when you put me away | 但是你把我关进去的时候 |
[32:26] | you had this, kind of, world-beater look in your eye. | 你眼睛里有种 天下无敌的眼神 |
[32:28] | I’m not seeing it right now, Peter. | 现在可没有 彼得 |
[32:29] | That’s because the case on you was a slam dunk. | 那是因为你的案子证据确凿 |
[32:39] | That look. | 找回那种眼神 |
[33:33] | Sergeant Voight isn’t here. | 博伊特警长不在 |
[33:34] | I actually came here to talk to you. | 事实上我是来找你的 |
[33:38] | Back here. | 到后面来 |
[33:39] | Dewan Motley from six years ago. | 德怀恩·莫特力 六年前的案子 |
[33:41] | You were the desk sergeant on duty that night. | 你是那晚轮班的接待警长 |
[33:42] | – I was? – The arresting officer, | -是吗 -逮捕犯人的警官 |
[33:44] | Ed Braymer, what kind of officer was he? | 艾德·布莱莫 他是个什么样的警官 |
[33:47] | Old-school. Very old-school. | 老派 非常老派 |
[33:52] | Not my kind of cop, to be honest. | 我不是很喜欢他 实话实说 |
[33:56] | Racist? | 种族主义者 |
[33:58] | Off the record. | 私下说 |
[34:02] | Yeah, he was. | 是的 |
[34:05] | Does this have to do with Michael Ellis? | 这和迈克尔·埃利斯有关系吗 |
[34:07] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[34:09] | It doesn’t change the facts of the case. | 这不能改变这个案子的事实 |
[34:11] | I’m not talking to you as a prosecutor right now, Trudy. | 我现在不是以检察官的身份跟你说话 特鲁迪 |
[34:14] | Nothing excuses what Michael did that night. | 什么都不能作为迈克尔那一晚所做所为的借口 |
[34:18] | But I think you helped me figure out | 但是我认为你帮我搞明白了 |
[34:19] | what put that gun in his hand. | 他为什么会那么做 |
[34:35] | Defense calls Michael Ellis to the stand. | 辩方传唤迈克尔·埃利斯出庭作证 |
[34:52] | Michael… do you own a gun? | 迈克尔 你有枪吗 |
[34:55] | No, ma’am. | 没有 女士 |
[34:57] | Then why did you post a picture of yourself | 那你为什么会发一张 |
[34:58] | holding a gun? | 你拿着枪的照片 |
[35:00] | It was stupid. | 我犯傻了 |
[35:02] | Please tell us. | 请详细说明 |
[35:07] | I was dating Penny | 我当时在和佩妮交往 |
[35:09] | and I got it stuck in my head | 我脑子里一直有种想法 |
[35:12] | that she wanted someone, you know… | 她喜欢更… |
[35:14] | tougher. | 强硬的人 |
[35:16] | In fact, I’d seen her talking to some guys who were in gangs. | 事实上 我曾经看到她跟帮派分子接触 |
[35:20] | I was at this party and this older guy had a gun. | 我有一次参加一个派对 有个年纪大点的有把枪 |
[35:22] | He was showing it off. So I was like, “Yo, | 他一直在炫耀 我就跟他说 “喂 |
[35:25] | “let me take a photo to, you know, | “借我拍张照片 |
[35:26] | try to impress this girl.” | “给一个妹子看” |
[35:30] | That gun was in my hands for, like, ten seconds. | 那把枪在我手里的时间不超过十秒 |
[35:34] | That was it. | 仅此而已 |
[35:35] | I gave it back. | 然后我就还回去了 |
[35:38] | I’ve never even shot a gun. | 我从来没开过枪 |
[35:42] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[35:51] | Who’s Dewan Motley? | 德怀恩·莫特力是谁 |
[36:06] | My uncle. | 我叔叔 |
[36:08] | Well, he’s– he’s not really my uncle. | 也不算是我叔叔 |
[36:10] | The longtime boyfriend of your aunt, correct? | 是你阿姨长期交往的男朋友 对吗 |
[36:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:15] | Tell us about him. | 请你介绍一下他 |
[36:18] | He was a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[36:19] | Is it true he was arrested six years ago | 他六年前因为醉酒和妨碍治安 |
[36:21] | for drunk and disorderly… | 而被逮捕 |
[36:23] | and while resisting that arrest, | 而在拒捕时 |
[36:25] | he caught the arresting officer off balance, | 还趁逮捕他的警官失去平衡之际 |
[36:27] | hit him, and caused him to hit his head? | 袭击他 导致他头部受创 |
[36:30] | Put that officer in a coma? | 让那警官陷入昏迷 是不是真的 |
[36:31] | – Objection, Your Honor. – And it doesn’t look like– | -反对 法官阁下 -而且恐怕… |
[36:32] | – Overruled. – It doesn’t look like | -反对无效 -恐怕 |
[36:34] | he’s gonna wake up ever. | 他永远都不会醒过来了 |
[36:39] | Is that correct? | 是吗 |
[36:40] | Dewan wasn’t doing anything wrong. | 德怀恩没做错任何事 |
[36:42] | Do you remember where the incident took place? | 你还记得事件发生地点吗 |
[36:44] | Where your uncle was arrested? | 你叔叔被逮捕的地点 |
[36:46] | – No. – It was the same street– | -不记得了 -就是罗曼警官 |
[36:48] | same corner… | 被枪击的 |
[36:50] | where Officer Roman was shot. | 同一条街 同一个转角 |
[36:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:54] | Did you visit your uncle in jail? | 你去监狱里看过你叔叔吗 |
[36:56] | – Yes. – How many times? | -看过 -看过几次 |
[36:57] | – I don’t know. – 12. | -我不记得了 -十二次 |
[36:58] | Sidebar, Your Honor. | 请求上前 法官阁下 |
[37:02] | State never disclosed this. | 检方没有报备该证据 |
[37:03] | This is a classic Brady violation. | 这是典型的隐瞒证据 |
[37:05] | It’s newly discovered evidence and not exculpatory | 这是刚刚发现的证据 并且不是辩护证据 |
[37:07] | so it’s not Brady and how can I disclose something | 所以不能算隐瞒证据 何况我要如何在 |
[37:08] | when I don’t even know they’re going to call | 不知道辩方会传唤被告作证的情况下 |
[37:10] | the defendant to the stand? | 报备该证据 |
[37:11] | This evidence has no relevance and it is prejudicial. | 该证据和本案无关 并且对被告不利 |
[37:12] | All evidence incriminating defendant is prejudicial. | 任何证明被告有罪的证据都对被告不利 |
[37:14] | Since when is motive not relevant? | 从何时开始动机和案件无关了 |
[37:16] | This is a collateral issue. No bearing. | 这是两回事 两者毫无关系 |
[37:19] | This is cross examination | 这是交叉盘问 |
[37:21] | and not exculpatory, Counselor. | 并且那不是辩护证据 律师 |
[37:25] | I’ll allow it. Objection overruled. | 我允许采纳该证据 反对无效 |
[37:27] | How did Dewan Motley die, Michael? | 德怀恩·莫特力是怎么死的 迈克尔 |
[37:31] | He hung himself in prison. | 他在监狱里上吊自杀了 |
[37:32] | After his last appeal was denied. | 在他最后一次上诉被驳回后 |
[37:34] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[37:35] | How did that make you feel? | 你有什么感觉 |
[37:38] | How do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[37:40] | I’m asking you. | 我在问你 |
[37:45] | I was angry. | 我很生气 |
[37:47] | You would be too. | 换成是你也会生气 |
[37:48] | – When did he die? – I don’t know for sure. | -他什么时候死的 -我不确定 |
[37:50] | I’ll tell you. | 我来说吧 |
[37:52] | It was the day before | 那是罗曼警官 |
[37:54] | Officer Roman was shot. | 被枪击的前一天 |
[37:57] | Michael, look at me. | 迈克尔 看着我 |
[38:00] | Michael… | 迈克尔 |
[38:04] | your girlfriend broke up with you | 你的女朋友因为你 |
[38:05] | because you weren’t “tough enough” | “不够强硬”而跟你分手 |
[38:08] | and your uncle– who’s life was ruined by a cop, | 而你叔叔 他的一生毁于警察之手 |
[38:12] | killed himself. | 因此自杀 |
[38:14] | This all within two days, correct? | 这是两天内发生的事 对吗 |
[38:19] | You didn’t walk down to the river | 你不是因为分手了 |
[38:21] | over a break up. | 才沿河散步 |
[38:23] | You walked down there armed– | 你怀揣武器走过去 |
[38:26] | to the same location your uncle was arrested, | 走到你叔叔被捕的地方 |
[38:29] | to prove you were tough. | 想要证明你很强硬 |
[38:30] | To get revenge for your uncle. | 想给你叔叔报仇 |
[38:32] | – Objection, Your Honor! – Sustained. | -反对 法官阁下 -反对有效 |
[38:34] | Dewan just wanted an explanation! | 德怀恩只是想要一个解释 |
[38:39] | It was that cop’s fault that he’s dead! | 都是因为那个警察他才会死 |
[38:41] | And you went down to the river to get revenge, | 所以你过去是想报仇 |
[38:43] | didn’t you? | 是不是 |
[38:44] | You went down there, Michael, to kill a cop… | 你走到那儿 迈克尔 去杀警察 |
[38:46] | – Objection, Your Honor! – Right? | -反对 法官阁下 -对吗 |
[38:48] | – Counsel is testifying! – Enough! | -对方律师在作证 -够了 |
[39:23] | – Peter. – Shambala. | -彼得 -香巴拉 |
[39:26] | Look at this. You got me eating carbs. | 瞧瞧 你害得我都开始吃碳水化合物了 |
[39:28] | If it’s any comfort, I housed a whole pint | 如果对你有所安慰的话 我昨晚 |
[39:30] | of Haagen-Dazs last night. | 吃了一品脱的哈根达斯 |
[39:33] | Aggravated battery with a firearm. | 持械严重伤害罪 |
[39:35] | Served as a juvenile. | 少年犯 |
[39:39] | – No way. – I’m only gonna offer it once. | -想都别想 -只此一次机会 |
[39:41] | You ever had an innocent client, Shambala? | 你有没有哪个委托人真的是无辜的 香巴拉 |
[39:47] | I’ve had hundreds who were not guilty. | 我有过无数次无罪判决 |
[40:01] | No. | 不行 |
[40:03] | We should take it, Peter. | 我们应该接受 彼得 |
[40:04] | It’s been three days. | 已经三天了 |
[40:06] | If the jury was going to acquit, | 如果陪审团要判他无罪 |
[40:07] | they’d be back already and Green knows it. | 他们早就回来了 格林自己也知道 |
[40:09] | And you never seen a case go sideways at the last minute? | 而你从来没有遇到过案子在最后一秒出问题 |
[40:12] | He could be out in four years. | 他四年后就会被放出来 |
[40:14] | And he would have admitted his guilt | 他会承认自己有罪 |
[40:15] | and this will be over. | 这案子也能结了 |
[40:20] | Do you really want to put this city | 如果陪审团无法做出裁决 |
[40:21] | through this again if the jury hangs? | 你还想让这座城市再体验一次这种经历吗 |
[40:31] | Only if Burgess and Roman sign off on it. | 除非伯吉斯和罗曼同意 |
[40:44] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[40:49] | What? Do you think you should do this? | 怎么 你觉得应该接受 |
[40:52] | I see it’s merits. | 我能明白这么做的好处 |
[40:56] | Then he needs to admit he lied in open court. | 那他需要承认他在法庭上撒谎了 |
[40:59] | It’s nolo contendere. | 这是无罪申诉 |
[41:01] | He won’t dispute the charges. That’s it. | 他不会进行辩护 就此而已 |
[41:04] | Can we at least get an apology? | 那他会道歉吗 |
[41:06] | – To the CPD? – It’s not gonna happen. | -向芝加哥警方 -不会的 |
[41:09] | So the next guy that shoots a cop | 那么以后再有人开枪打警察 |
[41:11] | thinks all he’ll get is four years? | 都会觉得他只需要蹲四年牢房 |
[41:12] | Sean, he may be acquitted. | 肖恩 他也许会被判决无罪 |
[41:14] | That’s the risk we’re taking here. | 这才是我们的风险 |
[41:16] | Or, almost worse, the jury may be hung. | 或者更糟 陪审团也许无法做出裁决 |
[41:25] | It’s up to Sean. | 我听肖恩的 |
[41:26] | He’s the one who got shot. | 被枪击的是他 |
[41:34] | We’re all sleeping in our own beds tonight. | 我们今晚都会在自己的床上入睡 |
[41:38] | Let the city sleep too. | 让这个城市也安然入睡吧 |
[42:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |