时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – Lunch, one o’clock? – 12:30. | -一点吃午饭吗 -十二点半 |
[00:04] | Oh, yeah, right. | 好 |
[00:10] | – Morning. – Hey. | -早 -早 |
[00:17] | – Morning, Dr. Halstead. – Good morning. | -早 霍斯特德医生 -早上好 |
[00:19] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Wait. | 好好好 等等 |
[00:20] | Dr. Wheeler, you got one in 3. | 惠勒医生 第三治疗室有个病人 |
[00:22] | – Be there in a minute. – Okay. | -马上过去 -好的 |
[00:24] | – Morning, Jeff. – Hey, man. | -早上好 杰夫 -早 |
[01:38] | This is obviously a tremendous shock. | 这显然是令人震惊的事件 |
[01:41] | Dr. Wheeler was one of us. | 惠勒医生是我们的一员 |
[01:43] | And the burden of processing all that has happened | 处理这个事件的过程 |
[01:46] | will be a long and…and difficult one, | 肯定很漫长也很艰难 |
[01:50] | so there would be no judgment on anyone | 如果今天有人不想待在这里 |
[01:53] | who would prefer not to be here today. | 那没有任何问题 |
[01:59] | At times like this, talking about anything, | 这种时候 谈论任何话题 |
[02:00] | even the weather, never hurt anyone, | 甚至是天气 都无伤大雅 |
[02:03] | so my colleague Dr. Richardson | 我的同事理查德森医生 |
[02:05] | has made herself available all day. | 今天随时待命 |
[02:07] | She’ll be up in her office if anybody wants to stop by. | 有需要都可以去她办公室找她 |
[02:10] | Okay? All right, thank you. | 好的 谢谢大家 |
[02:13] | Ms. Goodwin, in my experience, | 古德温女士 据我经验来看 |
[02:15] | the key to maintaining morale in times like this is | 在这种时候保持士气的关键 |
[02:17] | to keep things running smoothly. | 就是让一切都顺利进行 |
[02:18] | – Of course. – Okay if I take Dr. Reese | -当然 -如果我让里斯医生 |
[02:20] | to fill in for the day? | 今天暂代一下可以吗 |
[02:22] | Dr. Charles? | 查尔斯医生 |
[02:25] | – Sure. – Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[02:28] | Maggie, waiting room’s full. Let’s keep ’em moving. | 麦基 候诊室都是病人 开始工作吧 |
[02:31] | – Trying, Dr. Choi. – What have we got? | -有麻烦 崔医生 -什么情况 |
[02:34] | Kid who fell in the river about five minutes out, | 五分钟后有掉进了河里的孩子来 |
[02:36] | Good Samaritan right behind. | 救人的也随后送过来 |
[02:37] | Bunch of runny noses and earaches, | 还有几个流鼻涕和耳朵痛的 |
[02:38] | and abdominal pain in 6. | 第六治疗室还有个肚子痛的 |
[02:40] | Dr. Manning, you’re on the kid. | 曼宁医生 你去处理孩子 |
[02:41] | Clarke and Sexton, stand by to assist. | 克拉克和塞克斯顿去帮忙 |
[02:43] | Reese, you’re on deck. Everyone else, take a room. | 里斯 你也准备好 其他人都动起来 |
[02:46] | Let’s go. Don’t worry. We’ll get through this. | 别担心 我们会顺利度过的 |
[02:53] | Hi. I’m Dr. Choi. Heard you’re having some belly pain. | 我是崔医生 听说你肚子疼 |
[02:55] | – Yeah. It’s not a big deal. – He fell down the stairs. | -对 没什么大不了的 -他摔下了楼梯 |
[02:57] | Really? How’d that happen? | 真的吗 怎么回事 |
[03:00] | Aah! It was nothing. | 没什么 |
[03:02] | He was carrying a pretty heavy box of books. | 他当时抱着一个装着书的很重的箱子 |
[03:04] | We’re packing up to move next week. | 我们下周要搬家 在打包 |
[03:06] | And everyone thinks reading’s good for you. | 大家都觉得看书很重要 |
[03:09] | Might have a broken rib. I’d like to get some scans | 可能肋骨骨折了 我要做一些检查 |
[03:12] | and make sure there’s nothing else going on, | 确保没有别的问题 |
[03:13] | but it doesn’t look too serious. | 但看起来不是很严重 |
[03:15] | I’ll be back to check on you in a little bit. | 我过会儿再来看你 |
[03:21] | – Is there anything else? – No. It’s– | -还有什么问题吗 -没有 是… |
[03:24] | it’s just–he’s been a little clumsy lately. | 就是 他最近有点笨手笨脚的 |
[03:26] | But that’s normal, right? Tripping over his feet? | 但这很正常对吗 被自己的脚绊倒什么的 |
[03:29] | He’s just growing into his body. | 就是正在长身体吧 |
[03:30] | It’s probably nothing, but since we got some time, | 应该没事 但我们有时间 |
[03:32] | I’ll run some blood to rule out any infections or toxicities | 我会做点血液检测 看看有没有感染或者中毒 |
[03:34] | just to be sure. | 以防万一 |
[03:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:38] | – Need any help? – We got it. | -需要帮忙吗 -我们来 |
[03:42] | – Mags, put him in Baghdad? – Already on it, Dr. Choi. | -麦基 安排进创伤科了吗 -是的 崔医生 |
[03:44] | Dustin Banks, eight years old. | 达斯汀·班克斯 八岁 |
[03:45] | Fell through the ice into the river. | 掉进冰窟窿里了 |
[03:47] | 15 minutes before he was pulled out. | 15分钟后被救出 |
[03:49] | Heart’s in brady-arrest. Core temp 27 degrees Celsius. | 心跳缓慢 核心温度27摄氏度 |
[03:52] | Cold and dead, Sexton? What do you think? | 冻死吗 塞克斯顿 你看呢 |
[03:54] | Uh, that he’s not dead until he’s warm and dead? | 要先暖和过来才知道吧 |
[03:57] | You just won the first shift of compressions. | 你赢得了第一轮胸部按压 |
[03:59] | All right. On my count. | 好 听我口令 |
[04:01] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[04:03] | April, I need to intubate. 50 of sux, 10 of etomidate. | 艾普尔 插管 50毫克司可林10毫克麻醉剂 |
[04:06] | – On it. – Can he hear me? Dustin! | -马上 -能听到我说话吗 达斯汀 |
[04:10] | The doctor will be with you as soon as she can, okay? | 医生很快就出来 好吗 |
[04:16] | Jim Kessler, 58. Had a STEMI | 吉姆·凯斯勒 58岁 跳进河里 |
[04:18] | after jumping in the river to save the kid. | 救小孩之后出现急性心肌梗塞 |
[04:20] | Aspirin and nitro in the field. | 现场用了阿司匹林和硝基 |
[04:21] | Sinus rhythm now 120/80. | 窦性心律现在120/80 |
[04:24] | Mr. Kessler, I’m Dr. Reese. Can you hear me? | 凯斯勒先生 我是里斯医生 能听到吗 |
[04:26] | – Sure can. – Great. | -当然能 -好极了 |
[04:28] | On the count of three, let’s move him. | 听我数三下 把他抬上去 |
[04:30] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[04:36] | – Meds are in. – Maggie, get an ECMO unit. | -药物进去了 -麦基 准备一个体外膜肺 |
[04:40] | Pneumonia season. | 肺炎多发期 |
[04:41] | Every single one’s in use upstairs. | 全被楼上拿去用了 |
[04:42] | He’s not gonna wake up till he’s 95 degrees. | 没到95华氏度他不会醒的 |
[04:44] | What about bypass? | 搭桥呢 |
[04:45] | They’re both in surgery. | 都在手术中 |
[04:46] | We can get one down here in about 90 minutes. | 90分钟后可以调一个过来 |
[04:49] | Then we’re gonna have to keep his heart beating | 那么到手之前我们就要保证 |
[04:50] | – until we get it. – Compressions for 90 minutes? | -他心脏持续跳动 -按压90分钟 |
[04:52] | In five-minute shifts. And we’ll warm him | 五分钟一换 我们还要尽量 |
[04:54] | the best we can with a left lung lavage. | 给他保暖 左肺先洗 |
[04:56] | Jeff, we need two 32-french chest tubes. | 杰夫 我们需要两个32毫米胸管 |
[04:58] | April, get a warmer and all the saline in the hospital. | 艾普尔 拿取暖器和医院里所有的生理盐水来 |
[05:00] | Let’s go. | 动起来 |
[05:01] | Left lung lavage? Sure it’ll work? | 清洗左肺 你确定可行吗 |
[05:03] | We’re gonna try. | 我们要试试 |
[05:04] | Dr. Manning, this is David Banks, Dustin’s father. | 曼宁医生 这是大卫·班克斯 达斯汀的父亲 |
[05:07] | – Is he gonna be okay? – It’s too soon to tell. | -他会没事吗 -现在还不好说 |
[05:10] | The benefit of hypothermia is it preserves brain function. | 低温的好处是保存了大脑功能 |
[05:14] | But if we don’t warm him fast enough, | 但如果我们不能尽快让他暖起来 |
[05:15] | the cold will eventually overwhelm his body, | 寒冷会最终侵蚀他的身体 |
[05:17] | so we’re gonna circulate warm saline through his chest cavity | 所以我们会用温的生理盐水在他胸腔循环 |
[05:21] | until we can put him on bypass, okay? | 直到给他接搭桥机 明白吗 |
[05:23] | Okay, the warmer’s on its way, but for this amount of saline, | 好 取暖器马上来 不过这么多生理盐水 |
[05:25] | Central Supply needs a doctor’s order. | 中心供给得有医生的指令 |
[05:27] | Okay. I promise you we are gonna do everything that we can. | 好的 我保证我们会尽全力的 |
[05:37] | Your EKG shows ST elevations. Definitely a heart attack. | 你的心电图ST段异常 显然是心脏病发了 |
[05:40] | Ever had any heart problems before? | 之前有过心脏问题吗 |
[05:41] | Little chest pain here and there. | 时不时胸部有点疼 |
[05:43] | My doc’s got me on some pills. | 我的医生有给我开些药 |
[05:44] | Okay, well, he should’ve told you | 好吧 他本应该叮嘱你 |
[05:45] | not to jump in a frozen river. | 不要跳进结冰的河里 |
[05:47] | The shock is probably what tipped you over the edge. | 心脏病发差点要了你的命 |
[05:49] | Everybody’s a Monday morning quarterback. | 每个人都是礼拜一早上的四分卫[马后炮] |
[05:52] | I don’t know what that means, | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[05:53] | but I do know that we need to assess | 但我知道我们需要评估 |
[05:55] | the extent of your coronary artery disease, | 你冠状动脉病情严重的程度 |
[05:57] | so I want to send you up to the cath lab. | 所以我想送你去疏导室 |
[05:59] | Long as there’s some hot cocoa in it for me, you got a deal. | 你给我拿杯热可可 我就答应你 |
[06:02] | All right. I’ll check back in with you soon. | 好的 我很快回来 |
[06:06] | Activate the STEMI protocol. | 是心肌梗塞 |
[06:08] | And uh, call Dr. Rhodes for a consult. | 叫罗德斯医生来咨询下 |
[06:09] | You got it. | 好的 |
[06:15] | He got off lucky. | 他走运 |
[06:17] | He could’ve gone into cold shock, v-fib, coagulopathy. | 他本可能会出现冷休克 室颤 凝血功能障碍 |
[06:22] | What a great but crazy thing to do. | 简直是太疯狂了 |
[06:25] | He probably didn’t even think about it. | 他估计都没想过后果 |
[06:27] | Just saw a kid in trouble and reacted. | 只是看到那个孩子生命有危险的本能反应 |
[06:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:51] | Hey, Nat. | 小娜 |
[06:52] | Hey, Jay. | 杰 |
[06:55] | It’s a tough day, huh? | 今天不怎么好过吧 |
[06:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:59] | Just hang in there. | 要挺住 |
[07:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:08] | All right. All Kevin’s scans show are a broken rib | 所有的扫描显示凯文有一处肋骨骨折 |
[07:11] | and a pretty good bruise on his kidney, | 肾脏上有些淤痕 |
[07:13] | so I agree with Dr. Choi. | 我同意崔医生 |
[07:15] | There’s no neurologic reason he fell. | 应该不会是神经问题导致他摔倒的 |
[07:17] | He simply slipped. | 他就是滑倒了 |
[07:18] | I’d like nephrology to get a look just to be safe, | 我建议找个肾脏科医生给他看看确认下 |
[07:20] | but then he should be okay to leave. | 然后应该就可以出院了 |
[07:21] | So, he’ll be all right to drive across country next week? | 所以下个礼拜他要开长途车也没问题吗 |
[07:24] | – Mom. – Shh. Let the doctor talk. | -妈妈 -嘘 听医生说 |
[07:26] | Might be a little uncomfortable, | 也许会有些不舒服 |
[07:28] | but he’ll be fine. | 但没什么关系 |
[07:29] | – Thank you for all your help. – You got it. | -谢谢你的帮助 -不客气 |
[07:31] | My advice: bring some pillows. | 我的建议是 多带几个枕头 |
[07:36] | Lead levels and Lyme titers? | 铅水平和莱姆滴度 |
[07:39] | Pretty aggressive workup for a kid who just slipped and fell. | 就小孩子滑到了 有必要这么大费周章的检查吗 |
[07:41] | Nothing wrong with covering our bases. | 小心为上没什么不好的 |
[07:46] | – Hey, Maggie? – Mm-hmm? | -麦基 -在 |
[07:48] | How’s the resuscitation going? | 病人怎么样了 |
[07:50] | Getting 20 people from 5 different departments | 我们从五个部门里找了二十个人 |
[07:52] | to work seamlessly together– | 紧密地配合作业 |
[07:54] | what could go wrong? | 应该不会出什么问题 |
[07:56] | – Mm. Well, you keep me updated. – Yeah. | -有消息通知我 -好 |
[07:58] | Let me ask you: did Dr. Wheeler have | 我想问下你 惠勒医生有没有 |
[08:01] | any interpersonal issues with anyone on staff? | 和哪个员工之间有私人恩怨 |
[08:05] | I mean, I don’t know. I don’t think so. | 不知道 应该没有 |
[08:08] | But he was making some pretty big mistakes lately. | 但他最近犯了不少大错误 |
[08:10] | Yeah, and it was getting worse after the drinking incident. | 是啊 自从上次喝酒的事后就更严重了 |
[08:12] | – Mm-hmm. – Was there anything | -是啊 -那他 |
[08:14] | that, um, might have been weighing on him? | 会有什么苦恼吗 |
[08:18] | I mean, you can tell that he was losing his confidence. | 可以看出来他蛮失落的 |
[08:23] | Okay, then. I’ll let you get back to work. | 好吧 你回去工作吧 |
[08:25] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:27] | I’m sorry. Can I help you? | 抱歉 有什么能帮你的吗 |
[08:28] | – I was told to ask for you. – Okay. | -他们说叫我来找你 -好吧 |
[08:31] | I’m Dr. Wheeler’s father. | 我是惠勒医生的爸爸 |
[08:34] | I need help! Can somebody help me? | 我需要帮助 有人能帮我吗 |
[08:37] | – What happened? – I don’t know. | -怎么了 -我不知道 |
[08:38] | He–he can’t move. | 他动不了了 |
[08:42] | Kevin, squeeze my fingers. | 凯文 用力压我的手 |
[08:44] | Just–wait, wait. | 等等 |
[08:51] | Can you feel my hand? | 能感觉到我的手吗 |
[08:56] | All right, let’s get him to CT, now. | 马上给他照个CT |
[08:58] | What? What’s happening? | 什么 怎么了 |
[09:00] | I think your son’s having a stroke. | 我想你儿子中风了 |
[09:01] | Oh, my God, Kevin, no. | 我的天 凯文 不 |
[09:11] | So, the episodes that he’s been having recently | 他最近发作的病可能是 |
[09:13] | could’ve been TIAs. | 暂时性缺血性中风 |
[09:14] | They may have been coming for some time. | 可能有一段时间了 |
[09:16] | Well, it’s possible. But the CT looks negative. | 有可能 但CT看起来不乐观 |
[09:19] | It is. However, there can be a delay | 是啊 但是栓性中风 |
[09:21] | before an embolic stroke shows up on the scan. | 在扫描数据上往往可能会延迟 |
[09:23] | Exactly. Which is why we need an MRI. | 没错 所以要做个核磁共振 |
[09:25] | – Right. – An MRI? That’ll take an hour. | -是啊 -核磁共振 那要一个小时啊 |
[09:27] | His stroke could be evolving right before our eyes. | 他可能会做着做着就中风了 |
[09:29] | – If it is a stroke. – His left side’s | -如果是中风的话 -他的左边身体 |
[09:31] | completely paralyzed– what else could it be? | 都已经完全麻痹了 还能是什么 |
[09:32] | I don’t know. That’s why I want an MRI. | 我不知道 所以我才说要做核磁共振 |
[09:35] | Every minute we wait to break up the clot in his brain | 我们不尽快处理他脑子里的栓块 |
[09:37] | increases the odds of his paralysis becoming permanent. | 就是在增加他永久瘫痪的可能性 |
[09:40] | He needs TPA. | 他需要抗栓塞药物 |
[09:41] | Whoa, well, he’s also got a bruised kidney. | 他的肾脏里依然有淤血呀 |
[09:43] | TPA could cause a massive hemorrhage. | 抗栓塞药物可能导致大出血 |
[09:44] | We cannot risk that | 我们不能冒险 |
[09:45] | until we know for sure what we’re treating. | 除非我们搞清楚到底是个什么病 |
[09:47] | You’ve still got more than a two-hour window for TPA. | 抗栓塞药物要两个多小时才能起效呢 |
[09:50] | I can get him in and out of the MRI in 40 minutes. | 我先带他去做个核磁共振 40分钟就好 |
[09:52] | Good. Do it. | 很好 就这么办吧 |
[10:05] | I’m sorry about your resident. | 你的住院医生的事很遗憾 |
[10:08] | He wasn’t my resident. | 他不是我的住院医生 |
[10:13] | Yeah. Thanks. | 是啊 谢了 |
[10:15] | Yeah, it’s awful. | 是啊 很糟糕 |
[10:17] | I mean, residency– who doesn’t consider doing it? | 住院医生 谁没想过那么做 |
[10:19] | Still, you never think anybody actually will. | 不过你也不会想到任何人真会这么做 |
[10:22] | – You thought about suicide? – Of course. Didn’t you? | -你想过自杀吗 -当然 你没有吗 |
[10:26] | No. | 没有 |
[10:29] | That’s unusual. | 真稀奇 |
[10:39] | You have moderate three-vessel disease. | 你有中度三血管病变 |
[10:42] | But given the fact that you’ve already had a cardiac event, | 但考虑到你已经发过心脏病 |
[10:44] | it is my recommendation | 我建议你 |
[10:46] | that we do a coronary artery bypass graft. | 做冠状动脉旁路移植术 |
[10:49] | This is pretty major surgery, right? | 是个很大的手术吧 |
[10:51] | It is, but you are an excellent candidate. | 是的 但你的条件很好 |
[10:54] | So I’d like to give your heart a day to rest, | 所以我打算让你的心脏休息一天 |
[10:56] | and then we can get you on the schedule for tomorrow. | 然后我们给你安排明天的手术 |
[11:02] | If you say so, let’s do it. | 既然你这么说 那就做吧 |
[11:03] | Great. By the way, it’s a pleasure to meet you. | 太好了 顺便说一下 幸会 |
[11:08] | I hear that you are quite the hero. | 我听说是你见义勇为 |
[11:10] | No. | 抬举我了 |
[11:12] | Just lucky I happened to be there. | 只是我刚好在那里 |
[11:13] | Well, either way, thank you. | 无论如何 谢谢你 |
[11:19] | H-how did you know he needed help? | 你怎么知道他需要帮助 |
[11:23] | What do you mean? He was drowning. | 你是什么意思 他溺水了 |
[11:25] | No. I understand. But what went through your head | 我知道 我只想想问 你跳下水那一刻 |
[11:29] | the moment before you jumped in? | 脑袋里面在想什么 |
[11:32] | Was it–was it an actual decision, | 那是你明确的决定 |
[11:33] | or was it more like an instinct kicking in? | 还是类似本能反应 |
[11:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:40] | We should let you get your rest. | 我们就不打扰你休息了 |
[11:42] | Dr. Reese will be back | 等我们在楼上 |
[11:43] | when we have a room ready for you upstairs. | 准备好病房 里斯医生会回来找你 |
[11:45] | Dr. Reese? | 里斯医生 |
[11:49] | Dr. Reese, are you okay? | 里斯医生 你还好吗 |
[11:51] | What? Yeah. I’m fine. | 什么 我没事 |
[11:54] | Yeah, everything’s fine. I’m gonna go check on the room. | 真的 没事 我去查房 |
[12:00] | Where is he? My son, Dustin. Where– | 他在哪 我儿子达斯汀 |
[12:02] | Mrs. Banks? Hi. I’m Dr. Manning. | 班克斯太太 我是曼宁医生 |
[12:04] | Your son is right here. | 你儿子在这里 |
[12:06] | But let me just explain to you what’s going on first, okay? | 但请允许我先和你解释一下情况 |
[12:08] | Cheryl, I don’t know what happened. I was right– | 谢丽尔 我不知道怎么回事 我正… |
[12:09] | This is your fault! | 都是你的错 |
[12:12] | You are a terrible father. | 你这个爸爸糟透了 |
[12:15] | Mrs. Banks, please, | 班克斯太太 |
[12:17] | let me just explain to you what’s going on, okay? | 请允许我先和你解释一下情况 |
[12:25] | Hey. How come you’re getting a snack? It’s time for lunch. | 你怎么买零食吃 该吃午饭了 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry. We’ve been slammed. I got to get back. | 抱歉 我们忙翻了 我得回去了 |
[12:30] | Okay. But you could’ve texted | 好 但你本可以发条短信 |
[12:32] | and saved me the drive across town. | 省得我一路开车过来 |
[12:33] | I told you I haven’t had a second. | 我说了我没空 |
[12:35] | You had time to get a snack, though. | 可你还有时间买零食 |
[12:37] | – Fine. You win. – That’s a great answer. | -好 你赢了 -这个回答太”好”了 |
[12:39] | I’m sorry my dying patient inconvenienced you. | 抱歉我那些濒死的病人给你添麻烦了 |
[12:42] | – Come on, April. – What do you want me to say? | -拜托 艾普尔 -你想问说什么 |
[12:44] | That’s just how you justify everything–your work. | 你就是拿你的工作当挡箭牌 |
[12:46] | Now you’re gonna start in on my work? | 你现在要开始说我的工作了吗 |
[12:47] | Nah. I’m going. Rather eat by myself anyway. | 不 我要走了 还是我自己吃吧 |
[13:06] | You ever seen this before? | 你以前见过这种事吗 |
[13:07] | A resident ending it like this? | 一个住院医生这样了结自己 |
[13:11] | Unfortunately, I have. Yeah. Several times. | 很遗憾 我有 有过几次 |
[13:18] | You know that 400 doctors | 你知道的吧 |
[13:20] | take their own lives every year, right? | 每年有四百名医生自杀 |
[13:21] | Most of any profession. | 任何行业都这样 |
[13:23] | I don’t have a lot of evidence to back this up, | 我这么说虽然没什么依据 |
[13:25] | but I got a strong hunch it’s got something to do | 但我有很强的直觉 这一定和 |
[13:27] | with taking people who have a powerful desire to help | 把有强烈的助人意愿的人 |
[13:30] | and throwing them into a game | 扔进某个局里 |
[13:31] | where the odds are just stacked against them. | 让他们感到事事都不顺心脱不了关系 |
[13:35] | I mean, this I do know: situations like this, | 我很清楚的是 这样的事 |
[13:37] | it’s never just one thing. | 绝不会仅因为一件事 |
[13:40] | It’s always a complex set of circumstances, | 情况总是非常复杂 |
[13:42] | and, um, you know, trying to figure it out, | 所以想搞清楚为什么 |
[13:45] | trying to assign blame– | 想找到该责怪的人 |
[13:47] | it’s pretty pointless. | 是很没有意义的 |
[14:05] | Hey, thanks for getting him a bed so fast. | 谢谢你这么快就给他找到了病床 |
[14:15] | Tough day, huh? | 今天很沉重 |
[14:21] | You and Dr. Wheeler were friends? | 你和惠勒医生是朋友吗 |
[14:24] | No. I hardly knew him. | 不 我不太了解他 |
[14:31] | He came to me… | 他来找过我 |
[14:34] | twice… | 两次 |
[14:38] | asking about pills, about therapy. | 问我药和治疗的事 |
[14:44] | And that wasn’t really what he was asking for. | 那不是他真正想要的 |
[14:45] | He was asking for help. | 他在向我求助 |
[14:52] | I don’t know why he came to me, | 我不知道他为什么找我 |
[14:53] | but he did, and now he’s dead. | 但他找了 而且现在死了 |
[14:59] | What kind of terrible psychiatrist am I gonna be? | 我这个精神科医生多差劲啊 |
[15:07] | You can’t jump in and save everyone, Reese. | 你没办法跳下去救所有人 里斯 |
[15:10] | It’s just not possible. | 这是不可能的 |
[15:11] | It’s not that I didn’t jump in to save him. | 不是我没跳下去救他 |
[15:13] | I didn’t even see that he was drowning. | 而是我根本没看到他溺水 |
[15:17] | Dr. Rhodes, better come here. | 罗德斯医生 快过来 |
[15:21] | BP’s dropping, ST segments are elevated. | 血压下降 ST段提升 |
[15:26] | He’s barely got a pulse. | 他脉搏很微弱 |
[15:27] | He’s in cardiogenic shock. It must be another MI. | 他是心源性休克 可能又是心肌梗塞 |
[15:30] | We’re gonna balloon-pump him. | 我们要给他用气囊泵 |
[15:32] | Bolus heparin, start dopamine, dobutamine. | 静脉推注肝素 用多巴胺 多巴酚丁胺 |
[15:34] | – Get him on high-flow O2. – Got it. | -给他高流量供氧 -好 |
[15:36] | I’ll tell the cath lab we’re coming. | 我通知导管室准备等我们过去 |
[15:37] | There’s no time. We’re gonna do it here. | 没时间了 我们在这里做 |
[15:39] | We’re– | 我们 |
[15:41] | how will we know if we’re in the right place? | 我们要怎么知道找对位置了 |
[15:43] | If he bleeds out, we’ll know we punctured the iliac. | 如果他出血 我们就知道刺到了髂动脉 |
[15:46] | If he stops breathing, then we perforated into the mediastinum. | 如果他停止呼吸 那我们就刺到纵隔膜了 |
[15:49] | But if we don’t get his blood pressure back up right now, | 但如果我们现在不能让他的血压回升 |
[15:51] | none of that’s gonna matter anyways. | 那这些就都无所谓了 |
[16:01] | Hang in there, Jim. | 坚持住 吉姆 |
[16:12] | Let me know when you see it. | 你看到了就告诉我 |
[16:13] | Almost there. Got it. | 马上好了 有了 |
[16:19] | Almost there, Jim. | 马上好了 吉姆 |
[16:21] | I got you. | 有我在 |
[16:23] | All right, turn it on. | 好了 打开吧 |
[16:30] | Come on, come on, come on, come on… | 加油 加油 加油 加油 |
[16:32] | Pressure’s coming up. 70/35. | 血压上升了 70/35 |
[16:36] | 80/40 80/40. | |
[16:38] | Okay. Get him ready to go upstairs. | 好 准备带他去楼上 |
[16:50] | Still no improvement. | 还是没有好转 |
[16:53] | He’s always been so healthy. | 他一直都那么健康 |
[16:55] | What could cause a stroke in a 15-year-old? | 一个十五岁的孩子怎么会中风 |
[16:57] | Not much. And he’s negative for the usual suspects, | 原因不多 而且一般的可能性都不是 |
[17:00] | so if his MRI is positive, | 所以如果他的核磁共振是阳性 |
[17:01] | we’ll have to start looking for less common causes. | 我们就得开始找不太常见的原因 |
[17:03] | I’m not gonna have to stay overnight, am I? | 我不用留下过夜 对吗 |
[17:05] | Kevin, not now. | 凯文 别这样 |
[17:06] | Dr. Halstead, Dr. Choi? | 霍斯特德医生 崔医生 |
[17:09] | Excuse us. | 不好意思 |
[17:11] | – MRI? – Yeah. | -核磁共振吗 -是的 |
[17:13] | Still no evidence of a stroke. This can’t be right. | 还是没有中风的证据 这不对啊 |
[17:15] | Well, it may not be. | 可能不对 |
[17:16] | It says it’s a poor study due to patient movement. | 上面说因为病人移动 扫描比较草率 |
[17:18] | So it’s inconclusive. | 所以结果不确定 |
[17:19] | Tell MRI we’re sending him back up for a repeat scan. | 跟核磁共振的人说我们送他再去扫描一次 |
[17:22] | Are you kidding? If this is a stroke, | 你开玩笑吗 如果这是中风 |
[17:23] | we’re running out of time. | 我们就没有时间了 |
[17:25] | Doesn’t his affect strike you as weird? So little concern? | 他的反应在你看来不奇怪吗 你这么不担心 |
[17:28] | He’s a confused teenager who’s probably also in shock. | 他是个叛逆少年 可能还受了惊吓 |
[17:30] | Well, I don’t like it. It doesn’t add up. | 我不觉得 这说不通 |
[17:32] | And we should figure it out after we treat | 我们得在治疗之后再查清原因 |
[17:33] | what may soon become permanent paralysis. | 不先治疗可能很快会变成永久瘫痪 |
[17:37] | I’m not gonna risk a massive hemorrhage | 我不会毫无原因地冒大出血 |
[17:38] | and a transfusion for no reason. | 和输血的危险 |
[17:39] | He’s going back to MRI. | 他要回去做核磁共振 |
[17:47] | I just spoke with CCU. | 我刚跟冠心病监护室的人谈过 |
[17:47] | Mr. Kessler’s pressure still isn’t coming up. | 凯斯勒先生的血压还是没有恢复 |
[17:49] | Okay. We’ll give it a few more minutes, | 好的 我们再等几分钟 |
[17:51] | and if it doesn’t improve, I’ll have to operate. | 如果还是没有好转 就得做手术了 |
[17:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[17:59] | Wheeler came to me, too, Reese, | 惠勒医生也找过我 里斯 |
[18:03] | when we had that pile-up in the blizzard, | 暴风雪那天的连环撞车事故 |
[18:04] | and the pregnant woman almost bled out. | 那个孕妇差点失血致死 |
[18:08] | He took it hard. | 他很难接受 |
[18:09] | I had the chance to reassure him, but I didn’t. | 我有机会安慰他 但我没有 |
[18:13] | All right. I appreciate that you’re trying | 好吧 谢谢你试图让我 |
[18:14] | to make me feel better, but it doesn’t. | 感觉好一点 但事实上并没有 |
[18:18] | I’m gonna go check on Mr. Kessler. | 我去看看凯斯勒先生 |
[18:31] | Noah. | 诺亚 |
[18:32] | Sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry. | 对不起 对不起对不起 |
[18:33] | Let me– let me help you. | 我来 我来帮你 |
[18:35] | Hey, um, I saw you and Tate getting a little edgy. | 我看见你和塔特关系有点紧张 |
[18:40] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | -你没事吧 -我挺好 |
[18:42] | Yeah? Okay, good. I just don’t want you to, you know– | 是吗 那就好 我只是不希望你… |
[18:45] | What? Screw things up? | 什么 把事情搞砸吗 |
[18:47] | What? No, no. | 什么 不 不 |
[18:48] | I just want you to be happy… | 我只希望你能幸福 |
[18:50] | with a guy…who was a all-pro wide receiver three times. | 跟那个人 那个三次全面接受你的人 |
[18:54] | Three times, right? | 三次了 对吗 |
[19:01] | Okay, everybody, the bypass machine just opened up. | 各位 搭桥机器刚刚空出来了 |
[19:03] | We need to get him upstairs now. | 我们现在要把他送到楼上 |
[19:05] | So you’ll be able to warm him up? | 这样你们就能让他暖和起来吗 |
[19:06] | Much faster, yes. | 是的 会快很多 |
[19:08] | And it hasn’t been too long, right? He might still be okay? | 现在也没有太久 对吗 他会好吗 |
[19:10] | We won’t know about his neurological function until he wakes up, | 他醒来之前我们无法了解他的神经系统功能 |
[19:12] | but this is definitely a step in the right direction. | 不过这一步肯定没错 |
[19:18] | – Thank you, Dr. Manning. – Of course. | -谢谢你 曼宁医生 -应该的 |
[19:20] | I can’t tell you how much we both appreciate this. | 我无法表达我们两个人的感激之情 |
[19:24] | – He’s ready to go. – Okay. Let’s do it. | -他可以走了 -好的 我们去吧 |
[19:29] | – Hold on. – Ms. Goodwin? | -等一下 -古德温小姐 |
[19:32] | They need the bypass machine upstairs for an emergency case. | 他们需要用楼上的搭桥机器做一个紧急手术 |
[19:35] | What do you mean, an emergency? | 紧急是什么意思 |
[19:36] | It’s for Mr. Kessler, the man who saved your son. | 是给凯斯勒先生 救了你儿子的人 |
[19:39] | They need to operate on him immediately. | 他们需要马上给他做手术 |
[19:41] | But it was promised to us! We’ve been waiting for it. | 但机器已经说好给我们用了 我们一直在等 |
[19:45] | Plus that man would want Dustin to have it. | 而且那个人应该也会希望给达斯汀用 |
[19:46] | There can’t be a bigger emergency than this. | 不会有比这更紧急的情况了 |
[19:48] | My son is dying. | 我儿子快死了 |
[19:52] | Are you just gonna stand there and do nothing? | 你就站在那里什么都不做吗 |
[19:54] | Mrs. Banks, Dustin still has options, | 班克斯夫人 达斯汀还有别的选择 |
[19:56] | other ways of continuing to warm. | 有其它方法帮他暖身 |
[19:58] | Mr. Kessler does not. Without surgery, he will die. | 凯斯勒先生则没有 不做手术他就会死 |
[20:01] | My son is going to die. Tell her. | 我儿子会死的 告诉她 |
[20:06] | Put him back on the monitors. | 重新给他接上监护器 |
[20:08] | Wait. Wait! | 等等 等等 |
[20:11] | Are you giving up? | 你要放弃吗 |
[20:13] | No. But Ms. Goodwin is right. | 不是 但古德温女士说得对 |
[20:15] | We can try peritoneal lavage to speed things up. | 我们可以尝试用腹腔灌洗加快进度 |
[20:18] | You are his doctor. | 你是他的医生 |
[20:19] | You’re supposed to fight for your patients. | 你应该为你的病人争取 |
[20:21] | My son is only eight years old. | 我儿子只有八岁 |
[20:23] | What kind of a monster are you? | 你真是个禽兽 |
[20:25] | Mrs. Banks. | 班克斯夫人 |
[20:27] | Mrs. Banks, I am truly, truly sorry. | 班克斯夫人 我真的 真的很抱歉 |
[20:35] | – April, set up for the lavage. – On it. | -艾普尔 准备灌洗 -好的 |
[20:40] | The waiting room’s backed up again, Maggie. | 候诊室又人满为患了 麦基 |
[20:43] | I’m doing my best, Dr. Choi. | 我很尽力了 崔医生 |
[20:46] | We need to do better. | 我们需要更努力 |
[20:55] | Too many people losing focus today. It’s dangerous. | 今天太多人不专心了 这很危险 |
[20:59] | Is that right? | 是这样吗 |
[21:02] | That patient in there, Kevin, | 那里的那位病人 凯文 |
[21:04] | 15-year-old with hemi-paresis, | 15岁 患有轻偏瘫 |
[21:06] | but his attending is fixated on his mood | 但他的主治医师一心关注他的情绪 |
[21:07] | rather than his symptoms. | 而不是症状 |
[21:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[21:13] | He seems a little detached. | 他看起来有点不在乎 |
[21:15] | But he’s just a kid trying to play it cool. | 但他只是个孩子 想耍酷而已 |
[21:17] | So now we’re wasting valuable time ordering scan after scan | 现在我们浪费着宝贵的时间一遍遍给他做扫描 |
[21:19] | when we should be treating him. | 可明明该做的是治疗 |
[21:21] | Well, I mean, surely this attending | 相信这位主治医师 |
[21:24] | gave you his reasons, right? | 应该说了他的理由吧 |
[21:26] | He did. | 是的 |
[21:29] | But I think the incident this morning is clouding his judgment. | 但我认为今天早上的意外影响了他的判断 |
[21:35] | I’m not sure he should be working today. | 我不确定他今天还该不该上班 |
[21:36] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:38] | Dr. Charles, we’re in the business of saving lives, | 查尔斯医生 我们是治病救人 |
[21:41] | and the moment people lose confidence in their leader, | 在人们对领袖丧失信心的那一刻 |
[21:43] | the fight is lost. | 这场战斗就输了 |
[21:45] | We’ve already had one casualty today. | 我们今天已经有一个人伤亡 |
[21:47] | I won’t have another. | 我不要再有第二个 |
[22:11] | Kevin, how are you? | 凯文 你好吗 |
[22:13] | – I’m Dr. Charles. – Hey. | -我是查尔斯医生 -你好 |
[22:15] | I understand you’re having a little trouble with your left side. | 我听说你左半边身体有些问题 是吗 |
[22:19] | – Oh, yeah. – Yeah. | -对 -是啊 |
[22:21] | How you doing with that? I know it can be a little scary. | 你还能接受吗 我知道这会有点吓人 |
[22:24] | It’s not that big a deal. | 这不算什么 |
[22:33] | Excuse me, Dr. Charles, | 抱歉 查尔斯医生 |
[22:34] | this patient’s schedule for an MRI. | 这位病人预约了做核磁共振 |
[22:36] | Yes. Okay. | 好 去吧 |
[22:40] | – Well, um, nice to meet you. – Yeah. | -很高兴见到你 -嗯 |
[22:54] | Metz and DeBakeys. | 组织剪和无损伤镊 |
[23:06] | Let’s get him cannulated for bypass, | 给他插管 准备搭桥 |
[23:07] | and get me a sheet of woven patch. | 给我拿张胶布绷带来 |
[23:09] | Woven patch? I thought we were doing a three-vessel CABG. | 胶布绷带吗 我以为我们要做三血管搭桥 |
[23:11] | Change of plans. This isn’t an MI. | 方案有变 这不是心梗 |
[23:13] | Page Dr. Reese. Tell her I need her now. | 呼叫里斯医生 让她马上过来 |
[23:16] | 3.0? | 3.0剪 |
[23:35] | – How’s he doing? – Still only 89 degrees. | -他怎么样了 -体温还是只有31度 |
[23:40] | Look, I know Dr. Wheeler had a difficult time here. | 我知道惠勒医生在这有点不开心 |
[23:43] | Did he ever talk to you about it? | 他跟你说过这事吗 |
[23:46] | – No. – Was there anyone he might have talked to? | -没有 -他可能跟谁说过吗 |
[23:49] | A confidant? | 哪个密友 |
[23:50] | – Honestly, I have no idea. – Okay. | -我真的不知道 -好吧 |
[23:53] | – Uh, Ms. Goodwin? – Yes? | -古德温女士 -怎么了 |
[23:56] | I spent eight months working alongside someone | 和我共事八个月的同事 |
[23:59] | who was in so much pain that he took his own life, | 他痛苦到以至于自杀 |
[24:03] | and I never even noticed. | 我却从没发现 |
[24:08] | Am I a monster? | 我是个怪物吗 |
[24:11] | No, Dr. Manning. | 不 曼宁医生 |
[24:16] | No, you’re not. | 你不是 |
[24:55] | Excuse me. I’m looking for my friend. | 不好意思 我想找我的朋友 |
[24:57] | Is this the visitors entrance? | 这里是探视入口吗 |
[24:58] | Uh, for the ED, yeah. | 急诊部 是的 |
[25:00] | Has he been admitted yet? | 他住院了吗 |
[25:02] | I don’t know. He said he can’t move his arm or leg. | 我不知道 他说自己的胳膊还是腿不能动了 |
[25:04] | It sounds really bad. | 听起来很糟糕 |
[25:07] | His name wouldn’t be Kevin, by any chance, would it? | 他不会是叫凯文吧 |
[25:09] | Yeah, it is. | 是的 |
[25:11] | Tell me, is your buddy, like, a real cool customer? | 告诉我 你朋友是特别喜欢耍帅吗 |
[25:14] | You know, like a James Dean type? | 像詹姆斯·迪恩那样的 |
[25:16] | Who’s James Dean? | 詹姆斯·迪恩是谁 |
[25:18] | What I mean is, um, | 我说的是 |
[25:19] | is he the kind of guy that doesn’t really get | 他是那种对什么事 |
[25:20] | too worked up about stuff? | 都不太激动的人吗 |
[25:22] | Kevin? You’re kidding. | 凯文吗 你开玩笑吧 |
[25:24] | They’re making him move to California. | 他要被迫搬去加州 |
[25:25] | – Of course he’s worked up. – He’s got to move? | -当然会激动了 -他必须搬家吗 |
[25:28] | Yeah. They’re just dragging him away. | 对 基本上是被拖走的 |
[25:33] | You’re gonna miss him, huh? | 你会想他的吧 |
[25:34] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:37] | Sorry–tell me your name. I’m Dr. Charles. | 抱歉 你叫什么 我是查尔斯医生 |
[25:39] | – Emmett. – Emmett. Nice to meet you. | -埃米特 -埃米特 你好 |
[25:42] | I think that there might be a chance | 我觉得我们或许 |
[25:43] | that we could help your friend. | 能帮上你的朋友 |
[25:44] | – Could we go see him together? – Yeah. Okay. | -我能跟你一起去看看他吗 -好的 |
[25:58] | Dr. Rhodes, why did you bring me here? | 罗德斯医生 你喊我来这干什么 |
[26:01] | I can’t assist on a bypass graft. | 我无法协助旁路搭桥手术 |
[26:02] | We’re not doing a bypass graft. | 我们不是在做旁路搭桥 |
[26:05] | -What? But I– – Look. | -什么 但我… -看 |
[26:12] | A ventricular septal defect? | 室中隔缺损吗 |
[26:15] | From necrosis. | 坏死导致的 |
[26:16] | Lack of blood flow from his heart attack at the river | 因为跳进河里导致心脏病发引起的缺血 |
[26:18] | caused a small patch of muscle to die. | 导致这一小块肌肉死亡 |
[26:21] | That’s impossible to find. How did you even know to look? | 这太难找了 你怎么知道要往这找 |
[26:23] | You see this discoloration? | 看到这块色变了吗 |
[26:25] | I missed this once. | 我疏忽过一次 |
[26:27] | Guy died before we even got him off the table. | 那家伙在下手术台前就死了 |
[26:32] | I know that you feel like you let Wheeler down, | 我知道你觉得自己让惠勒失望了 |
[26:35] | like you missed the signs of him needing help. | 忽略了他需要帮助的征兆 |
[26:38] | As doctors, all we can do is learn from that | 作为医生 我们只能吸取教训 |
[26:41] | and try not to miss them again. | 试着不再疏忽第二次 |
[26:50] | Maggie, when’s Kevin Roth getting back from MRI? | 麦基 凯文·罗斯什么时候做完核磁共振回来 |
[26:52] | Didn’t you get Dr. Choi’s message? | 你没收到崔医生的消息吗 |
[26:54] | He took your patient to interventional radiology. | 他把你病人带去介入性放射科了 |
[26:56] | What? | 什么 |
[27:03] | Do not administer that TPA! | 不许用那个抗栓塞药 |
[27:07] | Dr. Choi, now. | 崔医生 出来 |
[27:11] | The hell are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[27:12] | His window’s nearly closed. I had no choice. | 他的时间窗就快关了 我别无选择 |
[27:14] | No, you don’t have a choice. I’m your attending. | 这由不得你选 我是你的主治医师 |
[27:16] | And you’re not willing to do what the patient needs. | 而你不愿做病人需要的治疗 |
[27:18] | So, you’re 100% sure of the correct clinical course? | 所以你百分百确定这是个正确的临床病程吗 |
[27:20] | Because to me, this is not a clear-cut case. | 因为对我来说 这并不明确 |
[27:22] | Doesn’t mean we can avoid making the hard decisions. | 那也不意味着我们可以逃避做出困难的决定 |
[27:24] | Even if those decisions might kill him? | 即使那些决定可能会害死他吗 |
[27:27] | Gentlemen, if we could take a beat, | 二位 冷静一下 |
[27:31] | this young man might help us shed some lighton the situation. | 这个年轻人可能能帮我们了解一下现在的情况 |
[27:41] | – Hey, man. – Emmett, | -哥们 -埃米特 |
[27:43] | what are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[27:46] | I was worried. | 我很担心 |
[27:48] | You were worried about me? | 担心我吗 |
[27:50] | Yeah, man. Your text said you couldn’t move. | 是啊 你短信上说你动不了了 |
[27:53] | I didn’t know if you were dying or paralyzed. | 我不知道你是要死了还是瘫痪了 |
[27:56] | I just came as fast as I could. | 我尽快赶来了 |
[28:21] | Oh, Mr. Wheeler, I’m sorry. | 惠勒先生 我很抱歉 |
[28:25] | I’ll give you some time. | 我让您自己待会 |
[28:30] | Why did he do it? | 他为什么这么做 |
[28:34] | Even if he was having trouble, why? | 即使他陷入麻烦了 为什么这么做 |
[28:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:49] | Did you ever see Jason do that trick | 你见过杰森变的那个魔术吗 |
[28:51] | where you pull a card out of the deck, | 你抽出一张牌 |
[28:53] | and it turns out it’s in his pocket? | 结果那张牌跑到他的口袋里去了 |
[28:56] | Yeah. When he was a kid. | 见过 当他还是个孩子的时候 |
[28:59] | Yeah. I saw him do it once | 我见他做过一次 |
[29:01] | up on the pediatric oncology ward. | 在儿科肿瘤病房 |
[29:04] | I guess he used to go up there a couple times a week | 我猜他过去经常一周去几次 |
[29:06] | to do magic for the kids. | 给孩子们变魔术 |
[29:08] | And oh, man, did they love it. | 天啊 他们喜欢极了 |
[29:12] | He did this thing where he would pull a lemon out of his ear, | 他还变过这样的魔术 把柠檬从他的耳朵里拿出来 |
[29:14] | and then out of one of the kids’ ears, | 然后从一个孩子的耳朵里拿出来 |
[29:15] | and then out of another, | 再从另一个孩子的耳朵里拿出来 |
[29:17] | and they’d be rolling on the ground. | 他们就在地上打滚 |
[29:21] | Just ten minutes in their day where they didn’t have to think | 一天中只有这十分钟 他们不用想 |
[29:25] | about whatever terrible illness they had. | 他们得了多么糟糕的病 |
[29:31] | I didn’t know your son very well. | 我不是很了解您的儿子 |
[29:33] | And I’ve seen a lot of doctors come through here. | 我见过来这的很多医生 |
[29:36] | He would’ve been a good one. | 他是一个优秀的医生 |
[29:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:00] | We had no idea. | 我们不知道 |
[30:01] | It seems like he’s been harboring thoughts and feelings | 看起来像是他一直把自己的想法和感受藏在心里 |
[30:03] | that he wasn’t comfortable expressing, | 他不擅长表达 |
[30:05] | and his body found a way to express them for him. | 他的身体找到了一种方式来替他来表达 |
[30:07] | So he wasn’t actually paralyzed? | 所以他不是真的瘫痪了吗 |
[30:09] | No. But he was experiencing real symptoms. | 不是 但是他却有这样的症状 |
[30:11] | It’s why we call it a conversion disorder. | 所以我们叫其转化障碍 |
[30:13] | It’s the physical manifestation of a psychological desire. | 是一种心理欲望的物理表现 |
[30:16] | Desire? Sounds like you’re saying | 欲望 听起来像是你觉得 |
[30:18] | he wanted to be paralyzed. | 他想要瘫痪似的 |
[30:20] | I’m saying he didn’t want to move. | 我的意思是他不想动 |
[30:21] | And his subconscious decided | 他的潜意识认为 |
[30:23] | that having a serious medical condition might be | 得了严重的疾病就可以 |
[30:24] | – a good way to accomplish that. – That sounds crazy. | -不动了 -听起来很疯狂 |
[30:27] | Crazy, no. Complicated, sure. | 疯狂 并不 但是的确很复杂 |
[30:30] | But if you think about it as a whole, | 但是如果你整体想一下 |
[30:33] | an understandable response to what must have seemed | 这是对棘手的情况的 |
[30:35] | like an impossible situation. | 合理的反应 |
[30:36] | I mean, having to leave somebody that he couldn’t tell you about, | 要离开一个人 一个他不能告诉你们的人 |
[30:39] | somebody for whom he had very strong feelings. | 一个对他来说有着强烈感情的人 |
[30:42] | But if he was so upset, | 但是如果他那么沮丧的话 |
[30:44] | why didn’t he seem to care about being paralyzed? | 为什么看起来他并不关心自己瘫痪的事呢 |
[30:46] | Compartmentalization is just part of the condition. | 区别化只是症状的一部分 |
[30:49] | But trust me: your son cares. | 但是相信我 你们的儿子是在意的 |
[30:51] | I mean, he cares a great deal. | 他非常在意 |
[30:53] | Just to be safe, we’d like to observe him | 安全起见 我们准备让他 |
[30:54] | in the hospital overnight. | 留院察看一晚 |
[30:55] | Then probably a good idea for the three of you | 也许对于你们三个来说 |
[30:58] | to sit down and have a talk. | 坐下聊聊是个好主意 |
[30:59] | They’re getting a room for him upstairs. | 他们在楼上为他准备了房间 |
[31:01] | I’ll let you know when it’s ready. | 等准备好了我告诉你们 |
[31:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:11] | Damn. | 该死 |
[31:12] | The funny thing about feelings: | 关于感情有趣的是 |
[31:14] | you know, we think that if we push them down hard enough, | 我们觉得如果我们狠狠地压制住自己的感情 |
[31:17] | that they’ll disappear. | 他们就会消失 |
[31:19] | Never quite works out that way. | 从来都不是那样的 |
[31:25] | I could’ve killed him. | 我差点害死他 |
[31:28] | Yeah, well, you didn’t. | 你并没有 |
[31:45] | Cheryl? | 谢莉尔 |
[31:49] | Cheryl, I was watching him every second, | 谢莉尔 我一直看着他 |
[31:52] | and then Ben called about this thing, | 然后本打电话来问了件事 |
[31:53] | and I had to look it up on my phone. | 我得在我电话上查一下 |
[31:55] | And I know you never take your eyes off the kids for a minute, | 我知道你的视线从来没有从孩子身上离开过 |
[31:59] | and I’m always working, | 而我一直在工作 |
[32:00] | and you’re a far better parent than I am. | 你是个比我称职得多的家长 |
[32:04] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:13] | I don’t know what else to tell you. | 我不知道还能说些什么 |
[32:18] | I’m just so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[32:21] | I’m tagging you out. | 我替你一会 |
[32:24] | There’s a couch in the lounge that’s free. | 休息室里有个沙发是空着的 |
[32:27] | I’ll grab you in 20. | 我20分钟后叫你 |
[32:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[32:31] | There’s something else I have to do. | 我还有点事要做 |
[32:58] | Listen, I’m sorry about earlier, | 我很抱歉之前 |
[33:00] | going off on you like that. | 就那么走了 |
[33:02] | – Okay. – But– | -好吧 -但是 |
[33:04] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[33:07] | I know that you blame me for the miscarriage. | 我知道你因为流产那件事还在怪我 |
[33:10] | – April– – No. Admit it. | -艾普尔 -不 承认吧 |
[33:12] | No matter how many times you’re told | 无论我跟你说多少次 |
[33:14] | that my working had nothing to do with it, | 那和我的工作没有关系 |
[33:16] | you just–you won’t let it go. | 你…你就是不肯放下这件事 |
[33:22] | But it’s bigger than that. | 但其实不止如此 |
[33:24] | You would’ve had me quit my job a year ago, | 一年前你就让我辞职了 |
[33:27] | before I was even pregnant. | 那时候我还没怀孕 |
[33:31] | You want a different kind of woman. | 你想要的女人不是我这样的 |
[33:33] | I want you. | 我想要你 |
[33:35] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:38] | I just imagined a different kind of life. | 我只是想象了一种不同的生活 |
[33:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:17] | I hope you find everything you want. | 希望你找到你想要的一切 |
[34:21] | You too. You too. | 你也是 你也是 |
[34:49] | Amazing what the mind can do, isn’t it? | 人的思想真是厉害 对吧 |
[34:52] | Keeps me employed. That’s for sure. | 那是当然 我就靠这个养家糊口 |
[34:58] | You know, Wheeler– | 其实维勒… |
[35:00] | maybe what happened wasn’t my fault, | 可能发生那种事不是我的错 |
[35:03] | but I didn’t help. | 但我没有帮忙 |
[35:07] | Hey, join the club. | 我也是 |
[35:09] | Look, not for nothing, helping people is just– | 这很重要 帮助别人是… |
[35:11] | just about the hardest job there is. | 是世界上最难的工作了 |
[35:16] | You’ve been doing it–what? 25, 30… | 你已经做了…二三十年了吧 |
[35:20] | several years? | 多少年 |
[35:24] | What–what’s the secret? | 你的秘诀是什么 |
[35:26] | Well, I’m still looking for that, | 我还在寻找 |
[35:27] | but if I had to guess, I’d say it had something to do with, | 不过如果要我说 我觉得重要的是 |
[35:30] | you know, just keep showing up, | 你要一直出现 |
[35:31] | keep doing your job, put one foot in front of the other, | 一直做你的工作 一步一个脚印 |
[35:34] | ’cause when you start to get all tangled up in here, | 因为你这里开始混乱的时候 |
[35:36] | you know, that’s when, I mean, it can just paralyze you. | 那就是…它可以让你瘫痪的时候 |
[35:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:46] | Still, it’s gonna be a while before I can sleep again. | 不过 我还要过一段时间才能再睡着 |
[35:50] | Dr. Halstead? | 霍斯特德医生 |
[35:54] | I think we’re lucky to have you here. | 还好我们医院有你 |
[35:56] | You keep up the good work. | 你继续努力 |
[36:00] | Hey. I think he’s waking up. | 他好像醒了 |
[36:03] | – Hey, buddy. – Dustin! | -伙计 -达斯汀 |
[36:06] | He’s trying to breath. Hang on, Dustin. | 他想呼吸 等一下 达斯汀 |
[36:08] | We’re gonna take this tube out, okay? | 我们马上把管子拆下来 好吗 |
[36:09] | Hang in there, buddy. | 坚持一下 伙计 |
[36:12] | We’re right here, buddy, okay? | 我们来帮你 好吗 |
[36:14] | We’ll take this out. | 我们帮你取下来 |
[36:14] | – Dustin? – Can you hear us, buddy? Hey. | -达斯汀 -能听到我们说话吗 |
[36:16] | There we go. | 好了 |
[36:18] | – All right, sweetheart. – Dustin! | -好了 亲爱的 -达斯汀 |
[36:21] | Bilateral breath sounds are present. | 自由双边换气听起来没问题 |
[36:26] | Pupils are equal and reactive to light. | 瞳孔等大 对光有反应 |
[36:28] | Hey, Dustin, if you can hear me, | 达斯汀 如果你能听到我说话 |
[36:29] | can you tell me who this is? | 能告诉我这是谁吗 |
[36:31] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[36:33] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[36:34] | Let’s d/c the lung lavage, but keep the peritoneal going | 我们先扩张及刮除肺洗 但是继续腹腔灌洗 |
[36:37] | – until he’s 98 degrees, okay? – Got it. | -直到他的体温到达36.7摄氏度 -明白 |
[36:40] | We’re gonna need to observe him for a few days, | 我们需要留他住院观察几天 |
[36:42] | but this is a very good sign. | 但这真的是个好迹象 |
[36:45] | Dr. Manning? | 曼宁医生 |
[36:47] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[36:49] | I’m sorry about what I said earlier. | 很抱歉我之前说的那番话 |
[36:53] | Thank you. Thank you for everything that you’ve done. | 谢谢你 谢谢你做的一切 |
[37:00] | I’m just happy we were able to save your boy. | 很高兴我们能救你儿子 |
[37:52] | How about that? | 怎么样 |
[37:54] | I guess every now and then we get lucky. | 看来我们偶尔会走运 |
[37:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:59] | How’d it go with Dr. Richardson? | 理查森医生的事怎么样 |
[38:01] | She stay busy? | 她忙着吗 |
[38:03] | Nobody showed. | 没人来 |
[38:05] | – Nobody? – Yeah, but that’s–you know, | -没人 -对 但是你也知道 |
[38:07] | it takes time. | 这需要时间 |
[38:08] | Trust me. People are dealing in their own way. | 相信我 人人都有自己的处理方式 |
[38:12] | When I took this job, Daniel, | 我接手这份工作时 丹尼尔 |
[38:14] | I wanted to create an environment | 我想创造一个 |
[38:16] | where we would never lose someone. | 不会失去任何人的环境 |
[38:19] | Everyone would look out for each other. | 人人都互相照应 |
[38:21] | I thought I did. | 我以为我做到了 |
[38:23] | But then today I found out | 但今天我发现 |
[38:25] | there was a very troubled young man in our midst, | 我们中有一个非常困扰的年轻人 |
[38:31] | and not a single person knew him. | 但是没有一个人了解他 |
[38:35] | I failed. | 我失败了 |
[38:35] | – Sharon, come on. – No, no. | -莎伦 别这样 -不不 |
[38:37] | You–you got to wonder about all the ones | 你得去思考那些 |
[38:40] | who don’t jump off the ledge– | 没有轻生的人 |
[38:42] | what’s going through their heads, | 他们在想什么 |
[38:45] | how this job is affecting them. | 这份工作对他们的影响 |
[38:52] | I worry about these people, Daniel. | 我担心他们 丹尼尔 |
[38:58] | I worry about them. | 我担心他们 |
[38:59] | I know you do. I know you do. | 我知道 我知道 |
[39:01] | I wish I could protect them. | 我希望我能保护他们 |
[39:36] | He’s right here, Ethan. | 他在这里 伊森 |
[40:03] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:41] | They won’t need me in the ED tomorrow, | 明天急诊室不需要我 |
[40:43] | so I’ll be back on your service. | 所以我回来听你差遣 |
[40:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:47] | Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 谢谢 明天见 |
[40:59] | Everybody comes to you, don’t they? | 大家都来找你 对吗 |
[41:01] | With all their pain? | 带着各自的问题 |
[41:06] | And you just have to absorb it. | 而你得照单全收 |
[41:14] | How are you doing today? | 你今天怎么样 |
[41:24] | It was awful. It’s just awful. | 很糟糕 糟糕透了 |