时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | There’s a lot of, um… I don’t know… | 这个城市有很多…怎么说呢… |
[00:10] | urban legends in this city. | 都市传说 |
[00:13] | People tell stories. | 大家喜欢讲故事 |
[00:15] | What kind of stories? | 什么样的故事 |
[00:17] | Like, uh, really specific ones… | 比如 要举例子的话 |
[00:19] | As far as urban legends, I mean. | 我是指城市传说 |
[00:22] | I’ve been here almost a year… | 我在这里待了近一年了 |
[00:25] | and, uh… people we work with, | 我的同事 |
[00:28] | they tell you some crazy shit. | 喜欢说一些吓人的故事 |
[00:32] | Like, for example, you got to the city when? | 比如 你什么时候来这里的 |
[00:36] | Oh, this past weekend. | 上周 |
[00:37] | So you’ve seen the graffiti, right? | 你看到那些涂鸦了吧 |
[00:40] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[00:47] | So there’s these two kids, | 传说有两个孩子 |
[00:49] | and they’re tagging by the park. | 在公园附近涂鸦 |
[00:53] | My grandpa used to work at Peach’s Meats. | 我爷爷以前在皮奇肉店工作 |
[00:56] | – Yours too? – Yeah, yeah. | -你爷爷也是吗 -是啊 |
[00:58] | No thanks. | 不用了 |
[01:01] | Know what his job was at the meat-packing plant? | 你知道他在肉店的工作内容是什么吗 |
[01:04] | – He took out tongues. – What? | -割舌头 -什么 |
[01:07] | Yeah, yeah. Cow’s head comes down | 没错 牛头从流水线 |
[01:09] | the line… I’m okay… | 下来…不用了 |
[01:12] | rip out the tongue. | 他把舌头割下来 |
[01:14] | That’s disgusting. | 好恶心 |
[01:16] | 30 years. | 30年 |
[01:18] | Must have taken out 200,000 of those ton… | 应该割掉了20万个… |
[01:22] | Tongues. | 舌头 |
[01:24] | So they decide to cut through the park… | 他们决定从公园抄近路 |
[01:27] | which, like, you should never do. | 他们不该那样的 |
[01:29] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[01:31] | It’s dangerous. | 很危险 |
[01:32] | At this point, it’s just a forest | 现在那不过是 |
[01:33] | in the middle of the city. | 城市中间的一片森林 |
[01:38] | I ever show you my cure to hiccups? | 我告诉过你我治好打嗝的秘方吗 |
[01:56] | Did it work? | 起作用了吗 |
[02:23] | What the hell? | 什么鬼 |
[02:28] | Where’d that come from? | 那是哪来的 |
[02:32] | Let’s get out of here. Let’s go. | 我们离开这里 走吧 |
[02:36] | What do you mean “Staircase”? | 什么楼梯 |
[02:38] | Believe it or not, this is a thing: | 不管你信不信 就是那样 |
[02:40] | staircases in the park. | 公园里出现了楼梯 |
[02:41] | We’ve even heard cops talk about it, | 我们还听警察说起过 |
[02:42] | like, old-timers from the forest. | 比如树林里出来的老年人 |
[02:44] | They’ll tell you. If you ever see one, | 他们会告诉你 如果你看到那种楼梯 |
[02:45] | don’t stop to look at it, don’t go near it. | 不要停下看它 不要走近 |
[02:47] | Whatever you do, don’t go up it. | 无论如何千万不能上去 |
[02:51] | – Let’s go back. – No. | -我们回去 -不 |
[02:53] | – Let’s go up it. – No. | -我们上去 -不 |
[02:57] | Okay, listen. I don’t know what that was. | 听着 我不知道那是什么 |
[03:00] | Let’s just go. | 我们走吧 |
[03:05] | Come on. | 走 |
[03:07] | No. There’s something over there. | 不 那边有东西 |
[03:10] | Uh, Kara… | 卡拉 |
[03:12] | – Come on. – I think we should just keep going. | -来 -我们还是继续走吧 |
[03:26] | Kara. | 卡拉 |
[03:32] | I think it’s a kid. | 好像是个孩子 |
[03:36] | Okay, I’m leaving. Kara. | 我走了 卡拉 |
[03:40] | Kara! | 卡拉 |
[03:59] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[04:59] | Ben! | 本 |
[05:02] | Ben! | 本 |
[05:05] | Ben! | 本 |
[05:08] | Ben! | 本 |
[05:20] | Ben! Ben! | 本 本 |
[05:23] | 零异频道 屠杀区 \h第一集 | |
[05:24] | Ben! | 本 |
[05:30] | So why here? Why-why Garret? | 为什么来加勒特 |
[05:33] | Well, my old professor, | 我的老教授 |
[05:34] | he told me about the job, and then… | 他告诉我的这份工作 然后 |
[05:38] | I read this really great article in “Mother Jones”… | 我在《琼斯母亲》上看到一篇很棒的文章 |
[05:40] | “The Worst Little City You’ve Never Heard Of.” | 《你从未听说过的最糟糕小城》 |
[05:42] | Yeah, and so I just figured, you know… | 对 所以我就想… |
[05:44] | why not? | 为何不来这里呢 |
[05:47] | Are you going that way too? | 你也去那边吗 |
[05:49] | Yeah, I am. | 是的 |
[05:51] | So where are you staying? | 你住在哪里 |
[05:53] | Well, right now we’re staying at this Airbnb. | 现在我们住在一处民宿里 |
[05:55] | You know, it’s really cool, really hip, | 那里很酷 很棒 |
[05:57] | but we’re about to move into | 但我们马上要搬去 |
[05:59] | this place we found on Craigslist. | 在分类广告网上找到的一处地方 |
[06:00] | – So “We,” that’s… – My sister and I. | -你说的”我们”是… -我姐姐和我 |
[06:03] | So you’re roommates with your sister. | 你跟你姐姐是室友 |
[06:04] | – You guys must be tight. – Yeah, we are. | -你们关系肯定很好 -是的 |
[06:06] | You know, we’re like sisters. | 我们就跟姐妹一样 |
[06:10] | but yeah, Zoe’s really cool. She’s just in a… | 但是佐伊真的很酷 不过她现在… |
[06:12] | she’s in a transitional phase in her life. | 她现在处于人生的过度阶段 |
[06:56] | Don’t be weird | 见新房东时 |
[06:57] | when we meet the new landlady, okay? | 你表现正常一点 好吗 |
[07:21] | She said she’d be home, right, Alice? | 她说会在家的吧 爱丽丝 |
[07:26] | – Zo. – What? | -佐伊 -什么 |
[07:27] | Pop the trunk. | 打开后备箱 |
[07:36] | Welcome to the neighborhood! | 欢迎来到这里 |
[07:38] | Oh, there she is. | 她来了 |
[07:41] | – Hi, I’m Alice. – Hey, Alice. | -你好 我是爱丽丝 -你好爱丽丝 |
[07:43] | Are you lost? | 你迷路了吗 |
[07:45] | No, we found our way just fine. | 没有 我们找到路了 |
[07:47] | – Good. – Thank you so much for… | -那就好 -非常感谢你… |
[07:49] | Listen, couple things you should know. | 听好 有几件事你需要知道 |
[07:51] | – Okay. – This neighborhood | -好 -这里 |
[07:52] | is safe as mama’s lap, | 非常安全 |
[07:53] | but up that way across the park, no, no, no. | 但是过了公园那边就不是了 |
[07:56] | The system has… How do I say this… | 这里的法制…怎么说呢… |
[07:57] | Fully broken down in Butcher’s Block, so… | 屠杀区完全崩溃了 所以 |
[08:01] | Okay, and that’s a neighborhood? | 好 那是个社区吗 |
[08:03] | Yeah, they will cut you up like a pizza | 是 他们会像切披萨一样把你大卸八块 |
[08:05] | and eat you by the slice. | 一片一片把你吃掉 |
[08:07] | Have you got any scissors? | 你有剪刀吗 |
[08:10] | No, not on me at the moment. | 没有 现在我身上没有 |
[08:12] | How about you? You got any… any scissors? | 你呢 你有剪刀吗 |
[08:15] | What for? | 干什么 |
[08:17] | I have to take off my bandages. | 我得把绷带剪掉 |
[08:19] | – What bandages? – Hey! | -什么绷带 -喂 |
[08:22] | I believe I asked you nicely not to hang around here. | 我友好地让你不要在这里闲逛了 |
[08:26] | Oh, wait. Are you Louise? | 慢着 你是露易丝吗 |
[08:29] | That’s me. I’m your landlady. | 是的 我是你的房东 |
[08:31] | – Hi. – Grab your stuff and come on in. | -你好 -把行李拿进来吧 |
[08:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:35] | It’s nice to meet you. I’m Alice. | 很高兴认识你 我是爱丽丝 |
[08:37] | I thought so. Hello, Alice. | 我想也是 你好 爱丽丝 |
[08:40] | And that’s Zoe right there. Zoe, come on. | 那是佐伊 佐伊 走 |
[08:43] | Diane. | 黛安 |
[08:46] | Take a hike. | 去走走 |
[08:49] | 99% of the time she’s totally harmless. | 99%的时间她完全无害 |
[08:52] | Just don’t ever give her scissors. | 只要不给她剪刀就行 |
[08:54] | I was trying to help! | 我只想帮忙 |
[08:59] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:06] | Oh, this is cozy. | 很温馨 |
[09:09] | You can just put your stuff down there. | 先把行李放在这里就行 |
[09:11] | We’ll get it upstairs later. | 一会儿再拿上楼 |
[09:18] | So I Googled you and I saw that you used to be a reporter. | 我从网上查过你 你以前是记者 |
[09:22] | Yeah, believe it or not, that used to be an actual job. | 是啊 不管你信不信 那曾经是份正经工作 |
[09:30] | So furry… | 好毛茸茸 |
[09:31] | No, no, no, no, no. Don’t touch that. | 不不不 不要碰 |
[09:34] | – It’s fine. – It’s not ours. | -没事的 -那不是我们的 |
[09:35] | So cute, though. | 真的好可爱 |
[09:44] | I read this article about your brother. | 我看过关于你弟弟的这篇文章 |
[09:47] | Yeah, I didn’t know it was online. | 我都不知道网上有 |
[09:49] | Yeah, it is. I’m sorry about that. | 有的 深表遗憾 |
[09:52] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[09:54] | – Is this your study? – Uh, yeah, it’s… | -这是你的研究吗 -是的 |
[09:57] | research on a book I’m going. Local history. | 我在研究一本书 关于当地历史 |
[09:59] | – Excuse me. – Sorry. | -不好意思 -抱歉 |
[10:01] | Didn’t mean to pry, I just… I actually wanna know about… | 我不是故意打听 我其实只是想知道 |
[10:04] | local history, especially… whoa. | 当地历史 尤其是… |
[10:06] | Hello, baby. | 你好 宝贝 |
[10:08] | This is Andre. | 这是安德烈 |
[10:11] | Good boy. | 乖 |
[10:12] | Eat your nummies. | 吃吧 |
[10:17] | You will excuse me if I sit down. | 不好意思 我要坐下了 |
[10:18] | My sciatica is killing me today. | 我的坐骨神经痛今天真要命了 |
[10:22] | Well, if you’re gonna be a social worker here, | 如果你要在这里当社工 |
[10:24] | you’re gonna learn a lot about the history. | 那你会学到很多当地历史的 |
[10:26] | Yeah, well, it’s “Family advocate,” actually. | 其实是”家庭协助员” |
[10:29] | You know, it’s working with low-income families | 就是帮助低收入家庭 |
[10:31] | that fall through the cracks. | 渡过难关 |
[10:33] | They all have mental health issues | 他们都有精神问题 |
[10:34] | or addictions and stuff like that, so… | 或毒瘾之类的 所以 |
[10:36] | And you’re working with them… | 那你具体是怎么 |
[10:39] | in what way, exactly? | 帮他们 |
[10:40] | I’m teaching them about the system | 我教他们体系的制度 |
[10:41] | so that they can use it. | 让他们学会利用 |
[10:43] | Using the system. | 利用体系 |
[10:45] | – Wow, that is optimistic. – Why? | -真是乐观 -为什么 |
[10:49] | Well, in my experience, I have found that… | 照我的经验 我觉得… |
[10:52] | when you set out to the change the world, | 你决定改变世界的时候 |
[10:55] | the world changes you instead. | 世界反而会改变你 |
[10:58] | Oh, baby, let’s get these ladies upstairs. | 宝贝 我们送这两位女士上楼 |
[11:02] | If you will walk this way… | 这边请 |
[11:35] | – Hello? – Ali, hi. | -喂 -爱丽丝 你好 |
[11:38] | I miss you. I’ve been trying to call you. | 我很想你 我一直想给你打电话 |
[11:41] | I wanted to tell you happy birthday. | 我想跟你说声生日快乐 |
[11:45] | It was last week, Mom. | 那是上周了 妈妈 |
[11:49] | How’s your sister? | 你姐姐怎么样 |
[11:50] | Are you taking good care of her? | 你在好好照顾她吗 |
[11:51] | – Yeah, of course I am. – Good, that’s… | -当然了 -那就好 |
[11:54] | where are you? | 你们在哪里 |
[11:56] | I told you we moved. | 我说过 我们搬家了 |
[11:58] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[12:01] | Where? | 搬去哪里了 |
[12:06] | You don’t want me to know. | 你不想让我知道 |
[12:08] | Ali. | 爱丽丝 |
[12:10] | – I wasn’t myself. – Yeah, I know, Mom. | -我当时根本不是自己 -我知道 妈 |
[12:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:18] | – Look, I gotta go. – No, don’t! | -我得挂了 -不要 |
[12:19] | Please, honey. Please, no. | 求你 亲爱的 不要 |
[12:20] | I just… I need to get out of this place. | 我…我需要离开这个地方 |
[12:26] | Ali, I wasn’t myself. | 爱丽丝 我当时根本不是自己 |
[12:29] | You just don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[12:30] | Can you please just… Just let me talk to Zoe? | 你能…让我跟佐伊说话吗 |
[12:34] | – She’s not here right now. – Well, then | -她现在不在边上 -那你 |
[12:35] | give me her number. | 把她的号码给我 |
[12:39] | – You don’t get to decide this. – It’s not good for her. | -你无权决定 -对她不好 |
[12:42] | – I have to go. – Ali, please. | -我得挂了 -爱丽丝 求你 |
[12:44] | I just miss you. I miss you so much. | 我就是想你了 我很想你 |
[12:46] | Tell me where you are. Please, just tell me. | 告诉我你在哪里 求你告诉我 |
[12:47] | Where are you, honey? | 你在哪里 亲爱的 |
[12:51] | – I miss you too, Mom. – Ali? | -我也想你 妈妈 -爱丽丝 |
[12:54] | Honey, wait, wait… | 亲爱的 等等 |
[13:14] | How you doing? Almost done. | 你怎么样 就快好了 |
[13:19] | You got a gorgeous coat on you. | 你这一身皮草很不错 |
[13:21] | We’re gonna do something real nice with you. | 我们会好好处理你的 |
[13:25] | You’ll be upstairs in the main house too. | 你也会去楼上的主屋 |
[13:29] | That’ll be nice, huh? | 那样不错吧 |
[13:31] | So what do you think you want to be? | 你想干什么 |
[13:34] | Drinking from a stream? | 从小溪喝水吗 |
[13:35] | We could put you by the kitchen sink. | 可以把你放在厨房水槽边 |
[13:38] | Wanna do that? | 想吗 |
[13:39] | You’re the only raccoon in the house, dude. | 你是这里唯一的浣熊 伙计 |
[13:43] | – Hi. – Yes? | -你好 -什么事 |
[13:47] | I just wanted to talk to you quick | 我就想简单跟你说一下 |
[13:48] | – about my sister. – Sure. | -我姐姐的事 -好 |
[13:51] | So, as I said over the phone… | 我打电话时说了… |
[13:54] | You know, just at first glance, | 其实乍一看 |
[13:55] | I have to say, she seemed normal. | 她看起来挺正常的 |
[13:57] | Yeah, no, she is when she’s on her meds. | 她服药的时候是很正常 |
[14:00] | But I also just wanted to let you know | 但我想事先提醒你一下 |
[14:01] | as a little FYI, she’s also in recovery. | 她现在正在康复 |
[14:05] | So no drugs, no alcohol. | 所以不能接触毒品和酒精 |
[14:07] | So if you could just avoid offering her a drink | 你尽量不要邀请她喝酒 |
[14:10] | or anything, that would be really great. | 那样就太好了 |
[14:12] | I usually drink alone. | 我一般一个人喝酒 |
[14:17] | And honestly, I… you know, I took this job | 说实话 我接受这份工作 |
[14:20] | for her… you know, it didn’t even matter | 其实是为了她 工作地点 |
[14:23] | where it was. We just needed a fresh start… | 根本不重要 我们只是需要个新的开始 |
[14:24] | Yeah, well… | 其实… |
[14:26] | I’m not your mom, okay? | 我不是你妈 |
[14:29] | I’m not even your cool aunt. I’m just the landlady. | 我也不是你阿姨 我只是你的房东 |
[14:32] | You give me a check every month. | 你每个月给我支票 |
[14:34] | I cash it. That’s it. | 我去兑现 这就行了 |
[14:36] | I-I have no kids, and that was by choice. | 我没有孩子 这是我的选择 |
[14:41] | Got it. Thanks. | 明白了 谢谢 |
[14:51] | Renters, huh? | 租户啊 |
[14:56] | First day. | 第一天 |
[14:58] | So you’re gonna be meeting Tanya Marcus | 你要去见坦尼亚·马库斯 |
[15:00] | and her daughter Isabelle, okay? | 和她女儿伊莎贝尔 |
[15:02] | Izzy. | 伊西 |
[15:04] | CPS is going to be coming today | 儿童保护服务部今天会来 |
[15:05] | and removing her from the home. | 把她从家里带走 |
[15:09] | And we’re gonna be there? | 我们要在场吗 |
[15:11] | No one said this job was “Chicken Soup for the Soul.” | 没人说这份工作是”心灵鸡汤” |
[15:15] | And Butcher’s Block, | 屠杀区 |
[15:16] | that-that’s the area we’re going to? | 我们要去那里吗 |
[15:18] | No, that’s where we are. | 不 我们已经在了 |
[15:20] | Shin Street, up here. It’s Butcher’s. | 这里的西恩街就是屠杀区的 |
[15:29] | “Peach’s Meats.” | 皮奇肉店 |
[15:31] | I’ve been seeing that everywhere. | 这里到处都是 |
[15:33] | Yeah, the city was built around meat-packing plants. | 是 这里是依肉类加工厂而建的 |
[15:36] | Butcher’s Block is where the workers lived. | 肉店员工就住在屠杀区 |
[15:38] | There were run by this guy, Joseph Peach. | 曾经是约瑟夫·皮奇经营 |
[15:41] | One day he disappeared | 有一天他消失了 |
[15:42] | and the whole operation shut down. | 整个肉店就关门了 |
[15:46] | You know the term “Sacrifice zone”? | 你知道”牺牲区”吗 |
[15:48] | No. | 不知道 |
[15:49] | It’s an environmentally used-up area, | 是指环境上耗尽的区域 |
[15:52] | like a dead mine. | 就像死矿坑 |
[15:54] | No school programming, | 没有学校规划 |
[15:55] | no mental health funding, | 没有精神健康资金 |
[15:57] | no public works. | 没有公共设施 |
[15:59] | It’s… A socioeconomic dead zone. | 就是一个社会经济死亡区 |
[16:05] | Cool street art, though. | 不过街头艺术很酷 |
[16:08] | Yeah, it has that. | 是的 没错 |
[16:17] | Don’t ever come down here alone, okay? | 千万不要一个人过来 知道吗 |
[16:20] | Or at night. | 晚上也不要来 |
[16:38] | Let me do the talking, okay? | 我负责交谈 好吗 |
[16:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:04] | Mrs. Marcus? | 马库斯太太 |
[17:09] | Alice? | 爱丽丝 |
[17:20] | Mrs. Marcus, can we come in, please? | 马库斯太太 我们能进去吗 |
[17:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:28] | Just…leave your shoes here. | 把鞋脱在门口就行 |
[17:36] | This is bullshit. I’d never harm my child. | 简直胡扯 我从没伤害过我的孩子 |
[17:39] | – Izzy! – Is it okay if I grab a chair? | -伊西 -我能拿张椅子吗 |
[17:46] | So when CPS gets here, don’t resist. | 儿童保护服务部来了以后 别拒绝 |
[17:49] | Our job is to try and help you get your daughter back. | 我们的工作是努力帮助你拿回女儿的抚养权 |
[17:52] | You can call us at any time. | 你可以随时打给我们 |
[17:54] | I’m gonna give you, uh… | 我给你们… |
[17:56] | Tanya’s number, and, uh… | 坦尼亚的号码 |
[17:59] | if you can put it into your phone. | 你们可以存到手机里 |
[18:01] | It’s the number to the landline. | 这是座机的号码 |
[18:03] | Izzy! | 伊西 |
[18:06] | – Hey, Izzy. – Hey. | -你好 伊西 -你好 |
[18:08] | Tell them what you told the people. | 告诉他们你怎么告诉他们的 |
[18:10] | How you got bit. | 你怎么被咬的 |
[18:11] | – By playing in the park. – Yeah. | -在公园里玩 -没错 |
[18:13] | I told you, stay out of there! | 我跟你说了别去那里 |
[18:16] | But kids, they fuck around, they get hurt. | 在那玩的小孩都会受伤 |
[18:25] | Thanks, Izzy. | 谢谢你 伊西 |
[18:29] | Look, we take no position on what you did or didn’t do. | 我们不是想说你有什么没做到的 |
[18:31] | – We’re just trying to… – On what I did or didn’t do? | -我们只是想… -我有什么没做到的 |
[18:34] | I just told you. She got bit by a dog. | 我和你说了 她被狗咬了 |
[18:38] | She made up a story about this or that bit her… | 她编了个故事说有东西咬了她… |
[18:44] | and they act like I did it? | 然后他们一副好像都是我干的样子 |
[18:49] | – Nobody believes me. – Let’s just keep it calm. | -没人相信我 -我们冷静点 |
[18:53] | I used to fall down the stairs. | 我以前曾经从楼梯上摔下来 |
[18:56] | When I was a kid, my sister, she got all of the attention. | 小时候大家都只关注我姐姐 |
[18:59] | So I used to throw myself down the stairs | 所以我会自己从楼上摔下来 |
[19:00] | to try and get some attention for myself. | 想让别人注意到我 |
[19:03] | Kids do fuck around. They do get hurt. | 小孩子的确会胡闹 会受伤 |
[19:06] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[19:11] | See? She gets it. | 你看 她就明白 |
[19:18] | Tanya? | 坦尼亚 |
[19:20] | We have some, uh, forms you need to fill out. | 我们需要你填一些表格 |
[19:24] | Yeah, whatever. | 好吧 |
[19:49] | So I have a few… for you to sign… | 有些地方…需要你签名 |
[20:43] | I’m Alice. | 我叫爱丽丝 |
[20:50] | “Smart mouth”? | 小尖嘴 |
[20:52] | Is that your nickname? | 这是你的绰号吗 |
[20:54] | No? | 不是吗 |
[20:55] | I found this at the park. | 我在公园找到的 |
[20:57] | You found it at the park. | 你在公园找到的 |
[21:03] | – Where? – On the playground. | -在哪里 -在操场上 |
[21:06] | On the playground. | 在操场上 |
[21:26] | Sometimes when I get scared, I hide in the park. | 有时候我害怕就会躲在公园里 |
[21:31] | When I was little, | 我小时候 |
[21:33] | I used to hide when I was scared too. | 害怕时也会躲起来 |
[21:36] | My mommy wasn’t always nice. | 我妈妈有时候也会发脾气 |
[21:38] | – Where’s your hiding place? – By the lady tree. | -你都躲在哪里 -在女士树边 |
[21:43] | The lady tree? What’s that? | 女士树是什么 |
[21:45] | It’s a tree by the park. | 是公园边的一棵树 |
[21:51] | Will you make sure nothing happens to me and my mom? | 你不会让我和我妈妈有事的吧 |
[21:55] | Yeah, of course. | 当然了 |
[22:21] | Hey, Nathan? | 内森 |
[22:24] | Nathan? | 内森 |
[22:31] | I think there’s something inside the wall. | 我觉得墙壁里有东西 |
[22:34] | – What? – There’s something | -什么 -墙壁里 |
[22:37] | inside the wall. | 有东西 |
[22:45] | It’s probably a raccoon. | 可能只是一只老鼠 |
[22:51] | Hey, Izzy? | 伊西 |
[22:54] | – Izzy? Hey, Izzy. – What the fuck? | -伊西 伊西 -搞什么 |
[22:57] | – It’s locked? – What’s going on? | -锁上了 -怎么回事 |
[23:00] | – Hey, Izzy! – Come on… | -伊西 -搞什么 |
[23:01] | Open the… | 开门 |
[23:03] | – Oh, my God. – Mrs. Marcus? | -天啊 -马库斯太太 |
[23:05] | – Izzy? – Mrs. Marcus? | -伊西 -马库斯太太 |
[23:07] | Nathan, open the door. | 内森 开门 |
[23:09] | Nathan, open the door! | 内森 开门 |
[23:12] | Open it! | 开门 |
[23:15] | Izzy? | 伊西 |
[23:33] | Police! Open up! | 警察 开门 |
[24:13] | Afternoon. | 下午好 |
[24:23] | It’s Zoe, right? | 你叫佐伊吧 |
[24:28] | Mind if I smoke? | 我能抽烟吗 |
[24:30] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[24:32] | Here. | 给 |
[24:43] | You, uh… gonna let me hit that? | 你…让我吸一口吗 |
[24:47] | You know, your sister told me that you were clean. | 你妹妹和我说你不抽 |
[24:53] | Yeah, I don’t like to stress her out. | 嗯 我不想让她担心 |
[24:57] | Okay, fair enough. | 好吧 |
[25:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:09] | So that doesn’t trigger your… | 那不会激发你… |
[25:14] | Never mind. None of my business. | 算了 不关我的事 |
[25:20] | Of course she told you. | 她当然和你说了 |
[25:24] | You know, it’s funny because, like, most of my life, | 有意思的是 在我人生大部分实践中 |
[25:27] | my brain was this, like, perfect red little apple. | 我的脑子就像一只完美的红苹果 |
[25:32] | I mean, I would say I was like… I was pretty smart. | 我应该是…我本来很聪明 |
[25:34] | But, um… | 但是… |
[25:36] | it’s-it’s actually when I turned 26 that… | 当我26岁后… |
[25:42] | uh, it was like this… | 就像… |
[25:44] | just like… like, a thing. | 就像…有个东西 |
[25:49] | It had been hibernating. | 它一直在休眠 |
[25:54] | And it woke up, and, um, it-it started to… | 它苏醒了 然后开始… |
[26:00] | slowly eat its way towards the surface. | 慢慢吞噬 浮现出来 |
[26:05] | They call it, um, an “Insidious onset.” | 他们说这叫”起病隐匿” |
[26:12] | It’s, um… | 这… |
[26:19] | It’s the beginning of the end of you. | 这就是你生命终结的开始 |
[26:30] | So you just… You don’t believe us? | 所以你…你不相信我们 |
[26:33] | We don’t think you’re lying. | 我们并不是觉得你们在撒谎 |
[26:35] | We just think that you’re lacking in experience. | 我们只是觉得你们缺乏经验 |
[26:37] | Okay, someone took them. | 有人抓走了她们 |
[26:40] | An hour before CPS arrives to remove the kid? | 在儿童保护服务部来领走孩子一小时前 |
[26:42] | Think about it. | 好好想想吧 |
[26:43] | Okay, you didn’t hear her scream. | 你没听到她那个尖叫声 |
[26:46] | Okay, okay. Um… | 好吧 好吧 |
[26:48] | was she the only one screaming, or… | 只有她在尖叫吗 还是说… |
[26:50] | Is your name Vancyk, as in… | 你叫范切克吗 是… |
[26:52] | Yeah. He’s my dad. | 没错 他是我爸爸 |
[26:57] | Look, I’m really sorry to break it to you, | 我也不想和你们明说 |
[26:58] | but when Mom knows CPS is arriving, | 但是妈妈知道儿童保护服务部要来时 |
[27:01] | sometimes… they just ghost. | 有时候…她们会发狂 |
[27:04] | And that’s all you have to say? | 你就只想说这些吗 |
[27:06] | What happened to protecting and serving the community? | 你不是应该保护服务社区吗 |
[27:09] | Community? | 社区 |
[27:11] | More like persistent infection. | 持续感染还差不多 |
[27:16] | We’ll let you know if they turn up, okay? | 她们出现了的话 我们会通知你们 |
[27:18] | Does that sound good? | 可以吧 |
[27:19] | What, do you guys have somewhere to be? | 怎么 你们有什么事吗 |
[27:20] | He’s gotta feed his dog. | 他要去喂他的狗 |
[27:23] | Seriously. His dog’s deaf. | 真的 他的狗聋了 |
[27:25] | You gotta stomp on the ground so he can feel the vibration. | 必须要跺脚 他才能感受到震动 |
[27:28] | It’s true. Just… | 没错 只能… |
[27:30] | So sad. | 太惨了 |
[27:32] | Hey, take care, okay? | 保重 好吗 |
[27:34] | Have a good day. | 日安 |
[27:36] | Hey, let’s go by Tony’s. | 我们去托尼那儿吧 |
[27:37] | – I want a quesadilla. – Yeah, well… | -我想吃玉米粉饼 -好吧 |
[27:40] | – I don’t. – Well, I do. | -我不想吃 -我想吃 |
[27:44] | Uh-uh. I’m driving. | 我来开 |
[27:45] | Get rid of that, please. | 扔掉这个 |
[27:59] | Where are you? | 想什么呢 |
[28:03] | Sorry, I just… | 对不起 我只是… |
[28:06] | can’t stop thinking about earlier. | 一直在想之前的事 |
[28:09] | Maybe the cops were right. | 也许警察说得没错 |
[28:12] | Yeah, but… | 没错 但是… |
[28:14] | you didn’t hear that woman screaming. | 你没听到那个女人是怎么叫的 |
[28:18] | Something happened to them, and… nobody cares. | 她们出事了 没人在意 |
[28:24] | You do. | 你在意 |
[28:26] | People don’t sound like that | 除非发生了什么可怕的事 |
[28:27] | unless something awful is happening. | 不然不会发出这种叫声的 |
[28:30] | So what made them scream? | 她们为什么要尖叫 |
[28:32] | Not “Them.” It was only the mom. | 不是”她们” 只有那个妈妈 |
[28:37] | What is it, Alice? | 怎么了 爱丽丝 |
[28:41] | The little girl, she said that she hides | 那个小女孩 她说她害怕的时候 |
[28:43] | when she’s scared, and what if she’s still there? | 会躲起来 万一她还躲在那里呢 |
[29:06] | Doesn’t look like anyone’s around. | 看起来好像没有人在 |
[29:22] | Hey, hey! Welcome to the neighborhood! | 欢迎来到这里 |
[29:25] | Hi. I-I found some scissors. | 我找到了一些剪刀 |
[29:29] | I cut off my bandages. | 我剪掉了我的绷带 |
[29:33] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[29:38] | Why have they… restrained you like that? | 他们为什么…这样把你绑起来 |
[29:46] | I could… I could cut you free. | 我可以…我可以帮你剪开 |
[29:53] | I could. I will. | 我可以 我会的 |
[29:55] | No! | 不 |
[30:37] | Mom? Mom? | 妈妈 妈妈 |
[30:38] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[30:42] | Izzy? | 伊西 |
[31:00] | Zoe? | 佐伊 |
[31:02] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[31:03] | I have to check something outside real quick. | 我得赶紧去确认些东西 |
[31:37] | Alice? | 爱丽丝 |
[31:38] | A… | 爱… |
[31:47] | Izzy. | 伊西 |
[31:59] | Izzy? | 伊西 |
[32:07] | Izzy! | 伊西 |
[32:10] | Izzy! | 伊西 |
[32:14] | Izzy! | 伊西 |
[32:49] | Izzy? | 伊西 |
[32:52] | Izzy. | 伊西 |
[33:48] | Are you lost or something? | 你是迷路了还是怎么了 |
[33:51] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[33:53] | Joseph. | 乔瑟夫 |
[33:55] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[33:57] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[33:59] | I’m taking a walk. | 我在散步 |
[34:01] | You’re just taking a walk in the middle of the night in Medallion Park? | 你大半夜的在马达林公园散步吗 |
[34:04] | I’ve lived here for a very long time. | 我在这里住了很久 |
[34:07] | We used to own this place. | 这地方以前是我们的 |
[34:10] | I like to listen to the birds before the sun comes up. | 我喜欢在太阳升起之前听鸟儿唱歌 |
[34:16] | You owned the park? | 这公园是你的 |
[34:19] | My family did. | 曾经是我家族的 |
[34:21] | I travel the world and… | 我环游世界… |
[34:25] | this is the city I come home to. | 最终回到了这个城市 |
[34:28] | When I walk here, I… I’m in two worlds | 当我走到这里 我…就像同时 |
[34:31] | at the same time: | 置身于两个世界 |
[34:32] | the one you see and the one I remember. | 你所看到的世界 和我记忆中的世界 |
[34:39] | Oh, don’t worry. That’s an owl. | 别担心 那是个猫头鹰 |
[34:44] | He lives close to where my house once was. | 他住在以前我家附近的地方 |
[34:48] | It’s a playground now. | 现在那里是一片操场了 |
[34:52] | Where do you live? | 你住在哪里 |
[34:55] | Close. | 附近 |
[35:10] | Iz… | 伊 |
[36:22] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[37:47] | Oh, my God. Thank God. | 天啊 谢天谢地 |
[37:49] | Zoe. Hi. | 佐伊 |
[37:55] | Are you okay? What happened? | 你没事吧 怎么了 |
[38:02] | Come on, let’s go. Let’s get out. | 我们走 我们走吧 |
[38:09] | Zoe, what happened out there? | 佐伊 你跑出去后发生了什么 |
[38:19] | I saw something. I don’t even… | 我看到了一些东西 我不知道… |
[38:22] | – Zoe… – I don’t know if it’s… | -佐伊… -我不知道那是… |
[38:23] | if it’s inside, or… if it’s outside my head, | 是在我脑内…还是真实的 |
[38:26] | or… no, I don’t know. Maybe it’s… | 还是…不 我不知道 也许… |
[38:29] | You know, maybe it’s both. | 也许都是 |
[38:30] | I just… I-I need to get out of here. | 我…我需要离开这里 |
[38:33] | How long have you been using again? | 你又开始用多久了 |
[38:35] | Since those meds stopped working. | 自从那些药又没用了 |
[38:36] | But this is different. | 但这不一样 |
[38:39] | We-we need to get far away from here. | 我们需要离这里远远的 |
[38:42] | – Far. – And go where? | -远远地 -然后去哪里 |
[38:44] | – Back home? – Yes, home. | -回家吗 -没错 回家 |
[38:46] | Do you seriously think that that’s healthy? | 你真的觉得那样健康吗 |
[38:48] | – What are you so scared of? – I’m not going back there. | -你在怕什么 -我不回去 |
[38:51] | – Zoe, I am not living back at that house again! – I get it! | -佐伊 我不要再回到那座房子里 -我明白 |
[38:55] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[38:57] | You’re the same age I was. | 你和我当时一个年纪 |
[39:01] | You’re the same age Mom was. | 你和妈妈当时一个年纪 |
[39:03] | That is not what this is about. | 不是因为这个 |
[39:07] | Your worst fear is | 你最恐惧的是 |
[39:08] | that you’re gonna become me, isn’t it? | 你会变成我 对吗 |
[39:13] | That is not true. | 不是的 |
[39:15] | Well, guess what, Alice. | 你猜怎么着 爱丽丝 |
[39:18] | There’s nothing you can do about it. | 你无能为力 |
[39:22] | It’s either a part of you or it’s not. | 这就是你的一部分 或者什么都不是 |
[39:26] | And if you can’t just-just-just come to terms with that… | 如果你不能调整好… |
[39:31] | it’s gonna eat you alive. | 你会被它吞噬 |
[39:36] | You can’t leave me, Zoe. You need me. | 你不能离开我 佐伊 你需要我 |
[39:48] | Maybe-maybe you need me. | 也许是你需要我 |
[39:55] | It’s not gonna happen to me. | 我不会变成那样 |
[39:58] | ‘Cause it’s not just genetic. It’s environmental. | 因为那不是因为基因 是因为环境 |
[40:00] | And I don’t do the things that you do. | 而且我不像你那样 |
[40:10] | I’ll take the bus. | 我坐公交就行 |
[40:22] | Come. | 请进 |
[40:26] | Hey, I’m… I’m sorry if we were loud. | 我…我很抱歉声音有点大了 |
[40:29] | She’s gonna be back. | 她会回来的 |
[40:31] | So long as somebody pays the rent. | 只要有人付房租 |
[40:38] | So what is all of this, anyway? | 这些到底是什么 |
[40:41] | It’s my book… | 是我的书 |
[40:43] | about what happens in Butcher’s Block. | 关于屠杀区会发生的事 |
[40:46] | What does happen in Butcher’s Block? | 屠杀区会发生什么 |
[40:48] | People go missing. | 人们会失踪 |
[40:57] | And is that your brother? The one that you wrote about? | 那是你弟弟吗 你写的那个 |
[40:59] | Yeah, I always thought, uh… | 我经常会想 |
[41:01] | you know, he got into some abandoned house and died | 他可能进了某个废弃的房子死了 |
[41:04] | and that’s why we never found his body, and then… | 所以我们一直没有找到他的尸体 然后… |
[41:06] | I found out there were a lot of others like him… | 我发现有很多人和他一样 |
[41:10] | Who wouldn’t be missed. | 没有人牵挂的人 |
[41:21] | God damn it. | 该死 |
[41:26] | Do you think that someone’s… doing this? | 你觉得这都是…有人干的吗 |
[41:30] | Yes. | 没错 |
[41:32] | Not one somebody. | 不是某个人 |
[41:35] | Could be one family. | 可能是某个家族 |
[41:38] | Well, I guess that this would be the city for it. | 那肯定规模很大了 |
[41:40] | You know? Peach’s Meats. | 皮奇肉店 |
[41:42] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[42:03] | Look to your right. Those are the Peaches. | 看看你右边 这是皮奇家的人 |
[42:07] | In 1952, they all disappeared, | 他们都失踪于1952年 |
[42:10] | except I think some of them are still hanging around. | 但是我觉得他们之中仍然有人在游荡 |
[42:17] | Still hanging around doing what? | 在游荡做什么 |
[42:20] | Killing. | 杀戮 |
[42:22] | It would’ve begun with the founder. | 从创始人开始 |
[42:25] | He was a recluse… fundamentalist religious nut. | 他行踪隐匿…是个原教旨主义信仰狂 |
[42:40] | I used to sing in a choir in this church… | 我以前很年轻的时候 |
[42:43] | when I was very young. Then my voice changed. | 会在这个教堂唱诗 然后我的嗓音变了 |
[42:47] | They kicked me out. The bastards. | 他们就把我踢出去了 这些混蛋 |
[42:52] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[42:54] | That’s him. Joseph Peach. | 就是他 乔瑟夫·皮奇 |
[42:58] | He would be almost 130, though, today, if he were still alive. | 如果他还活着 应该有130岁了 |
[43:08] | Do you know where the bus will take us? | 你知道这辆车会带我们去哪里吗 |
[43:10] | Uh, Central Station. | 中央车站 |
[43:12] | And the son… | 圣子… |
[43:16] | My name’s Joey, by the way. | 顺便 我叫乔伊 |
[43:24] | Zoe. | 佐伊 |
[43:26] | Nice to meet you… Zoe. | 很高兴认识你 佐伊 |