英文名称:Changeling
年代:2008
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:07] | Walter, honey. | 华特,乖 |
[02:10] | Time to wake up. | 该起床了 |
[02:11] | Just 10 more minutes. | 再睡十分钟啦 |
[02:13] | l’m sorry, sport. You can sleep in tomorrow. | 不行,明天才能赖床 |
[02:15] | That’s what Saturdays are for. | 那是礼拜六的特权 |
[02:24] | Up against the wall. | 靠墙站好 |
[02:26] | Come, come, come. | 快点…快点… |
[02:28] | All right. | 很好 |
[02:30] | Got it. Got it. Look, look! | 量好了,你看 |
[02:32] | (GASPS) All right, sit down. | 快坐下来 |
[02:33] | Your breakfast is getting cold. | 早餐都凉了 |
[02:35] | lt’s cereal. | 这是牛奶麦片 |
[02:36] | lt’s supposed to be cold. | 本来就是凉的 |
[02:59] | Sweetheart, we’re here. | 小乖,我们到了 |
[03:16] | Here’s your books. | 你的课本 |
[03:17] | Go ahead. | 快去吧 |
[04:03] | Yes, ma’am. lf you hold Just a moment, l’ll get a supervisor for you. | 小姐,请稍等,我请主任过来 |
[04:08] | SANDY: Yes, she’s coming right now. | 她正在过来 |
[04:09] | Just a second, she’ll be with you. | 稍等,她来了 |
[04:11] | Just one second, please. You deal with this one. l’m not going near it. | 请等一下 你来应付她,我受够了 |
[04:17] | Hello, this is the supervisor. How can l help you? | 这是主任,我能效劳吗? |
[04:20] | l can see you’re on a party line… | 我看到你用的是共线电话 |
[04:23] | Unfortunately, some people do listen in on party lines. We… | 很不幸,有些人会偷听 |
[04:27] | Well, what is he doing? | 他在做什么? |
[04:31] | -Oh, my… -BEN: Everything all right? | – 天啊 – 没事吧? |
[04:35] | Yes, sir, it’s fine. A lady was having trouble with the connection. | 没事 有位女士的连线有问题 |
[04:39] | -Hey, sport. -Hey, Mom. | – 嗨,小乖 – 嗨,妈 |
[04:40] | How was school? | 学校还好吧? |
[04:42] | -Okay. -Yeah? | 还好啦 |
[04:43] | We learned about dinosaurs. | 今天学到恐龙 |
[04:45] | And l got in a fight with Billy Mankowski. | 还有,我跟比利打架 |
[04:47] | -What happened? -He hit me. | – 怎么回事? – 他打我 |
[04:50] | Did you hit him back? | 你有没有打回去? |
[04:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[04:53] | Rule number one, remember? | 记住,第一条规则 |
[04:54] | Never start a fight, always finish it. | 不准找架打,打了就要赢 |
[04:57] | -Why’d he hit you? -Because l hit him. | – 他为什么打你? – 因为我打他 |
[05:01] | You hit him first? Why? | 你先打他?为什么? |
[05:05] | He said my dad ran off because he didn’t like me. | 他说爸爸不喜欢我才会离开 |
[05:09] | Honey, your father never met you, so how could he not like you? | 你爸没看过你怎么会不喜欢你? |
[05:13] | Then why did he leave? | 那他为什么离开? |
[05:17] | Well, because the day you were born, something else arrived in the mail. | 因为… 你出生那天邮差送来一个包裹 |
[05:23] | And it was in a box a little bit bigger than you. | 比你大一点 |
[05:25] | You know what was in it? | 知道是什么吗? |
[05:26] | Something called responsibility. | 一种叫责任感的东西 |
[05:29] | And to some people, | 对有些人来说 |
[05:30] | responsibility is the scariest thing in the world. | 责任感是世上最可怕的东西 |
[05:34] | So, he ran away because he was scared of what was in that box? | 他怕包裹里的东西才离开? |
[05:40] | That’s Just dumb. | 超逊的 |
[05:41] | That is exactly what l thought. | 我也这么想 |
[05:55] | Did l miss AmoS ‘N Andy? | 我错过《阿姆和安迪》吗? |
[05:57] | l’m afraid so, sport. | 恐怕是,小乖 |
[06:00] | Come now, time for bed. | 来吧,准备睡觉了 |
[06:06] | Are we still going to the movies tomorrow? | 明天还会去看电影吗? |
[06:10] | CHRlSTlNE: Uh-huh. l hear there’s a new Charlie Chaplin picture | 听说卓别林有一部新电影 |
[06:12] | and a new serial called The MySteriouS Airman. | 还有 《神秘飞行员》的短片 |
[06:15] | WALTER: Who’s that? | 他是谁? |
[06:16] | CHRlSTlNE: l don’t know. Nobody does. That’s what makes him so mysterious. | 不知道,谁也不知道 所以他才神秘呀 |
[06:22] | WALTER: Am l too heavy for you to carry? | 我太重了你抱不动吗? |
[06:24] | CHRlSTlNE: Oh, no, not for years. Not for years. | 不会,还要等好几年呢 |
[06:37] | -Hello? -ThiS iS Margaret. | 克莉丝汀,我是玛格莉特 |
[06:39] | Hi, Margaret. | 嗨,玛格莉特 |
[06:40] | -So, how are you? -Fine. | – 你好吗? – 很好 |
[06:43] | LiSten, Jean can’t come in today and now we’re a little Shorthanded. | 阿珍今天不能来,我们缺人手 |
[06:45] | -When did she call in sick? -About half hour ago. | – 她几时打去请病假? – 半小时前 |
[06:47] | I’m having a hard time trying to find Someone. | 临时找不到人来代班 |
[06:49] | Well, what about Myrna? | 玛娜呢? |
[06:51] | l know she could use the extra hours and… | 我知道她想加班… |
[06:52] | She’S buSy. Can’t you come? | 她有事,你不能来吗? |
[06:54] | No. No, no, no. l Just… | 不是啦,只是… |
[06:59] | l promised Walter that l’d take him to the movies, is all, and… | 我答应华特要带他去看电影 |
[07:03] | well, it’S juSt until 4.;00. | 只要做到四点就行 |
[07:04] | All right. Just until 4:00. | – 好吧,只做到四点 – 谢谢你 |
[07:08] | l’ll see you then. | 待会见 |
[07:16] | There’s a sandwich and milk in the fridge, | 冰箱有三明治和牛奶 |
[07:17] | and l’ve asked Mrs. Riley and her daughter to stop in in a couple of hours. | 我请赖太太和她女儿来看一下 |
[07:21] | l can take care of myself. | 我可以照顾自己 |
[07:23] | l know you can. They’re checking on the house, not you. | 我知道,我请她们看一下房子 |
[07:34] | Tomorrow we will go to the movies. | 明天我们一定会去看电影 |
[07:37] | And then we’ll ride Big Red to Santa Monica and take a walk on the pier. | 然候再搭电车到圣塔莫尼卡 我们可以在码头散散步 |
[07:42] | How does that sound? Does that sound good? | 怎么样?听起来不错吧? |
[07:48] | l’ll be home before it gets dark. | 天黑前我就会回家 |
[07:50] | l’m not afraid of the dark. l’m not afraid of anything. | 我不怕黑,我什么都不怕 |
[07:54] | l know. l know. | 我知道,我知道 |
[08:00] | Be good. | 乖乖待在家 |
[08:01] | l love you. | 我爱你 |
[08:38] | We’ve got lines Jammed from here to Ohio. | 这里到俄亥俄州的线路塞爆了 |
[08:41] | He says he needs to speak to somebody in charge. | 他说要和主管说话 |
[08:44] | l need your signature here for a supply requisition. | 请你在采购单上签名 |
[08:50] | WOMAN 3: Go ahead, please. | 请说 |
[08:53] | All right, get me the Omaha routing station. | 帮我接奥玛哈的转接站 |
[08:56] | See if we can put our calls through their switchers. | 用他们的切换器转接我们的电话 |
[08:58] | Let’s get this console running, now. | 赶快接通所有的电话 |
[09:04] | Christine. Good, l was hoping to catch you. | 克莉丝汀! 很好,我有事找你 |
[09:08] | Look, l’ve been following your work reports, | 我看了你的绩效评估表 |
[09:10] | and l Just want to let you know that l am very impressed. | 我只想说我很满意 |
[09:12] | When l first suggested hiring female supervisors, | 当我建议雇用女主管 |
[09:15] | my superiors weren’t big on the idea. | 我的上司都不是很愿意 |
[09:16] | But you have held your own as well as any of your male counterparts. | 不过你和男性主管做得一样好 |
[09:19] | -Thank you, Mr. Harris. -Ben, please. Listen, l… | – 谢谢你,哈先生 – 叫我班 |
[09:22] | Listen, the point is, we’re looking to take on a manager for our new Beverly Hills office. | 公司在找比佛利山庄分局的经理 |
[09:26] | And if you’re interested in the Job, l could write a report, or… | 你有兴趣的话我可以写推荐信 |
[09:29] | That would be wonderful. Thank you so much, sir. | 那真是太好了,谢谢你 |
[09:31] | Okay, good, so maybe we could… | 很好,也许我们可以… |
[09:33] | -Could we speak about it Monday? -Yeah, absolutely. | – 星期一再谈 – 好,没问题 |
[09:35] | Would that be all right? Thank you so much, sir. Thank you. | 好吗? 真的很谢谢你 |
[09:45] | Please! | 拜托… |
[09:49] | Please. | 拜托… |
[10:22] | Walter. | 华特? |
[10:25] | Honey? | 小乖? |
[10:29] | Walter. | 华特? |
[10:30] | Walter! | 华特? |
[10:33] | Honey? | 小乖? |
[10:49] | Walter? | 华特? |
[10:57] | Honey! | 小乖? |
[11:01] | Walter! | 华特? |
[11:04] | Walter, it’s time to come in, honey. | 华特,该回家了 |
[11:09] | Suzie? Have you seen Walter? | 苏丝,你有看到华特吗? |
[11:14] | -No, Mrs. Collins. -Sorry. | – 没有耶,柯太太 – 对不起 |
[11:26] | Walter? | 华特? |
[11:30] | Walter. | 华特? |
[11:56] | OPERATOR.; Number, pleaSe. | 号码 |
[11:57] | May l please have the police station? | 请帮我接警察局 |
[11:59] | I’ll connect you. | 好的 |
[12:01] | -POLICEMAN.; Lincoln HeightS DiviSion. -Hello, my name is Christine Collins. | – 林肯高地分局 – 你好,我叫克莉丝汀柯林斯 |
[12:04] | l live at 210 North Avenue, 23. | 住址是23北街210号 |
[12:07] | (SOFTLY) And l’m calling to report a missing child. Missing child. | 我要报案,有个… 有个小孩失踪了 |
[12:11] | what’S your relation to the child, ma’am? | 你和小孩是什么关系? |
[12:14] | lt’s my son. | 他是我儿子 |
[12:16] | How long haS he been gone? | 他失踪多久了? |
[12:18] | l’m not sure. l Just got home from work. | 不确定,我刚下班回家 |
[12:22] | lt could be since this morning or it could be Just the last hour. | 可能从早上就失踪 或是这几个小时 |
[12:26] | Have you checked around the neighborhood? | 你在附近找过他吗? |
[12:27] | Yes, of course l did. | 当然了 |
[12:29] | well, maybe he’S loSt track of time. | 也许他忘了时间 |
[12:31] | No. No, no. | 不会 |
[12:32] | He always stays around the house when it gets dark. | 天黑前他都会回家 |
[12:36] | Would you please send someone down here? | 请你派人过来 |
[12:38] | I’m Sorry, but our policy iS that | 抱歉,我们的规定是 |
[12:39] | we don’t diSpatch unitS on miSSing child caSeS for 24 hourS. | 24小时以后才会派人调查 |
[12:44] | What? | 什么? |
[12:46] | Look, 99 timeS out of 100, the kid ShowS up by morning. | 九成九的小孩一早就会回家 |
[12:49] | we don’t have the reSourceS to go chaSing every kid who runS off with hiS palS. | 警方没有人力去找每一个 和朋友玩过头的小孩 |
[12:53] | No, no, no. | 不 |
[12:54] | No, that’s not Walter. He doesn’t do that. | 华特绝对不会这样 |
[12:57] | with all due reSpect, ma’am, every parent who callS SayS the Same thing. | 恕我直言,每个父母都这么说 |
[13:02] | (SNlFFLlNG) Please, please. | 求求你 |
[13:04] | Look, there’S nothing I can do. | 我也无能为力 |
[13:06] | I’ll take your name and your information, | 让我抄下你的姓名和资料 |
[13:08] | but that’S all until the morning, at the earlieSt. | 不过要等到早上才能派人去 |
[13:10] | I’m Sure he’ll Show up by then. They alwayS do. | 到时他就会回家,每次都这样 |
[13:58] | BRIEGLEB.; Our thoughtS go out again today to MrS. ChriStine CollinS of Lincoln HeightS, | 今天我们再次为 林肯高地的柯太太祷告 |
[14:05] | whoSe young Son, walter CollinS, diSappeared nearly two weekS ago. | 她的儿子华特两周前失踪 |
[14:10] | Though She iS not a member of our congregation, | 虽然她不是这个教会的信徒 |
[14:14] | we pray for her today aS we have every day, | 可是我们得知她的遭遇后 |
[14:19] | Since we learned of her plight. | 一直在为她祷告 |
[14:22] | On the radio and in the newSpaperS | 广播电台和报纸都说 |
[14:24] | we are told that the LoS AngeleS Police Department | 洛城警局正在尽一切努力 |
[14:27] | iS doing itS very beSt to reunite mother and child, | 让这对母子团圆 |
[14:32] | and I’m Sure that that iS true. | 我相信这是真的 |
[14:36] | But given itS StatuS aS the moSt violent, corrupt | 不过洛城警局 |
[14:40] | and incompetent police department | 是西岸最暴力 |
[14:42] | thiS Side of the Rocky MountainS | 最腐败最无能的警局 |
[14:45] | I am not Sure it’S Saying a great deal. | 我不认为这么说有什么意义 |
[14:56] | Every day, new bodieS appear along Mulholland | 穆荷兰大道每天都有弃尸 |
[14:59] | and in the ditcheS of our citieS, | 洛城各地也都出现尸体 |
[15:01] | the work of Police Chief JameS DaviS and hiS aptly named Gun Squad. | 这是警局局长詹姆斯戴维斯 和他的处决队干的好事 |
[15:08] | Every day, the needS of honeSt citizenS | 警察为了贪婪和个人利益 |
[15:11] | are put Second to greed and perSonal gain. | 每天都枉顾老百姓的福祉 |
[15:16] | Every day, thiS city SinkS deeper into a ceSSpool | 这个城市每天都在沉沦 |
[15:22] | of fear, intimidation and corruption. | 充满了恐惧、 威胁和贪污腐败 |
[15:27] | Once the City of AngelS, | 这里曾是天使之城 |
[15:29] | LoS AngeleS haS become a place where our protectorS | 现在洛杉矶已经沦落到 |
[15:34] | have become our brutalizerS. | 人民保母成为人民屠夫 |
[15:37] | where to be the law iS to be above the law. | 执法者自己都不守法 |
[16:30] | l understand. Thank you. l will call back in a few weeks. | 了解,谢谢,过几周我再打去 |
[16:34] | Thank you very much. | 多谢你 |
[16:39] | Las Vegas Missing Persons Department? | 拉斯维加斯失踪人口协寻组吗? |
[16:42] | Hello, this is Christine Collins. | 我是克莉丝汀柯林斯 |
[16:44] | l’m calling to see if you’ve found any missing or lost children | 我想请问你们有没有找到 |
[16:47] | who meet the description that matches Walter Collins. | 符合华特柯林斯的失踪小孩 |
[16:52] | Oh, all right. Well, please do. Please do call. | 好的,有消息请你打给我 |
[16:55] | And l’ll call back in a matter… ln a week, if that’s all right. Thank you very much. Thank you. | 我一星期以后会再打给你们 多谢,谢谢你 |
[17:17] | $2. | 两块钱 |
[17:27] | Hell, l think l left my wallet at home. | 糟糕,我的皮夹放在家里 |
[17:30] | Can l owe it to you? | 我能赊帐吗? |
[17:32] | No credit. Pay up or l call the cops. | 不能 你不付钱我就报警 |
[17:36] | l’m sick of bums like you coming around here. | 我受够了像你这种游民 |
[17:38] | l’m not trying to stiff you, chief. | 我并不想骗吃骗喝 |
[17:39] | l Just left my wallet at home, that’s all. | 我只是把皮夹放在家里 |
[17:42] | l’ll go back and get it. Five, 10 minutes, tops. | 我这就回家拿 最多只要10分钟 |
[17:48] | Got collateral? | 你有抵押品吗? |
[17:50] | You can’t ask for better collateral than a man’s own flesh and blood, right? | 亲生骨肉是最好的抵押品,对吧? |
[17:55] | Now, you stay here, son. l’ll be right back. | 儿子,待在这里,我马上回来 |
[17:58] | -But… -Now, don’t give me any trouble. | – 可是… – 别给我惹麻烦 |
[18:01] | He’s a good man to trust us like this. | 他肯相信我是个好人 |
[18:04] | Now, you Just stay here and l’ll go back and get my wallet. | 乖乖在这里等我拿皮夹回来 |
[18:11] | Ten minutes, then l call the cops. | 十分钟,然后我就报警 |
[18:23] | COOK: Ah, hell. | 可恶 |
[18:30] | OPERATOR.; Number, pleaSe. COOK: Hello, Myrtle? | – 号码? – 玛塔? |
[18:32] | -Hello? -Yeah, this is Harve, down at the diner. | 这是餐馆的哈维 |
[18:33] | Oh, hi, Harve. | 嗨,哈维 |
[18:35] | -Would you get me Sheriff Larsen? -Sure thing. | – 请你帮我接拉森警长 – 没问题 |
[18:44] | Christine, l’m having trouble with the connection here. l can’t seem to get through. | 这条电话线一直没办法接通 |
[18:48] | l think so. Yeah, l think that’s better. | 应该吧,这样好多了 |
[19:01] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[19:16] | -Mrs. Collins? -(WHlSPERlNG) Yes. | – 柯太太? – 是的 |
[19:20] | l’m Captain J.J. Jones, Lincoln Park Juvenile Division. | 我是林肯高地警局 少年警察队队长琼斯 |
[19:23] | My office supervises all runaway and missing child cases, | 负责处理逃家和失踪小孩案件 |
[19:27] | including your son’s, and… | 包括你的儿子 |
[19:30] | He’s alive, Mrs. Collins. | 他还活着,柯太太 |
[19:36] | He was picked up two days ago by local police in DeKalb, lllinois. | 两天前在伊利诺州迪卡柏被找到 |
[19:39] | He’s safe and unhurt. | 他很安全,没有受伤 |
[19:43] | He was in the company of some drifter. | 他被一个游民拐走 |
[19:44] | We have an APB out for him, but he’s safe. | 我们发出通缉令,不过他没事 |
[19:48] | Thank you so much. | 真是谢谢你! 多谢你了! |
[20:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你,谢谢你 |
[20:22] | CHRlSTlNE: There’s so much press. | 好多记者哦 |
[20:25] | Yours is a story with a happy ending, Mrs. Collins. | 你的案子有快乐结局 |
[20:27] | People love happy endings. | 大家都喜欢快乐结局 |
[20:30] | We better get a move on, the train’s pulling in. | 最好快点,火车进站了 |
[20:34] | Back, boys. Back. | 退后,退后 |
[20:37] | Thanks. Thanks, boys, thanks! | 谢了,多谢了 |
[20:38] | l’ll have a statement for you in a few minutes, | 我待会会发表一份声明 |
[20:40] | but the important thing right now is to reunite this little lady with her son, | 现在最重要的是让这对母子团圆 |
[20:43] | so if you’ll excuse us. | 请让我们过去 |
[20:54] | Mrs. Collins, l’d like to introduce you to James E. Davis, | 这里,柯太太 这位是警局局长 |
[20:56] | -Chief of Police. -Very nice to meet you. | – 詹姆斯戴维斯 – 幸会 |
[20:59] | We don’t get a lot of positive attention from the boys in the press these days, | 媒体对我们一直都只有负面报导 |
[21:02] | so it’s good to be here with a positive story, don’t you think? | 终于有个正面消息不是很好吗? |
[21:04] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[21:05] | l take it you’ve been treated well by my boys in the department? | 局里的警察对你还好吧? |
[21:10] | l couldn’t file a report for 24 hours, and l thought that maybe that was a… | 24小时内不能报案,我觉得… |
[21:13] | Technicalities aside. | 那只是枝末小节 |
[21:17] | -lt was wonderful. -Well, good. | – 他们对我很好 – 那就好 |
[21:21] | Then you won’t have any trouble telling that to the press, | 你就可以告诉媒体 |
[21:23] | and the fact that the LAPD… | 洛城警局… |
[21:28] | Women. Hold on a second. | 女人,请等一下 |
[21:39] | Back, boys, back. | 退后,各位 |
[21:42] | Keep them back. | 挡住他们 |
[22:03] | Well, aren’t you… Aren’t you gonna… | 你不打算…你不要… |
[22:06] | That’s not my son. | 那不是我儿子 |
[22:11] | What? | 什么? |
[22:13] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[22:15] | lt’s not my son. | 他不是我儿子 |
[22:17] | JONES: Well, l’m sure you’re mistaken. | 你一定是看错了 |
[22:19] | l’m not mistaken. | 我没有看错 |
[22:20] | Well, he’s been through five terrible long months. | 这五个月来他吃尽苦头 |
[22:23] | He’s lost weight, he’s changed. | 他变瘦了,变了不少 |
[22:25] | l would know my own son. | 我怎么会不认得我儿子 |
[22:27] | All l’m saying is you’re in shock and he’s changed. | 我只是说你很震惊,他也变了 |
[22:31] | What’s your name? Can you tell me your name? | 你叫什么?告诉我你叫什么? |
[22:33] | Walter Collins. | 华特柯林斯 |
[22:37] | lt’s a common name. | 这名字很普遍 |
[22:39] | Where do you live, Walter? You know your home address? | 你住在哪里? |
[22:41] | l live at 210 Avenue 23, Los Angeles, California. | 我住在23街210号 洛杉矶,加州 |
[22:47] | And that’s my mommy! | 那是我妈妈 |
[22:53] | Mrs. Collins, listen to me. l understand. | 柯太太,我能了解 |
[22:57] | You’re feeling a little uncertain right now, and that’s to be expected. | 你不是很确定,那是一定的 |
[23:00] | A boy this age, he changes so fast. | 他这年纪的小孩变得很快 |
[23:03] | We’ve compensated for that in our investigation. | 我们在协寻时考虑过这一点 |
[23:05] | And there’s no question that this is your son. | 他毫无疑问是你的儿子 |
[23:08] | That is not Walter. | 他不是华特 |
[23:12] | lt’s not Walter as you remember him. | 他不是你记得的华特 |
[23:15] | And that’s why it’s important for you to take him home on a trial basis. | 所以你才要带他回家 先适应一下 |
[23:21] | -A trial basis? -Yes, yes. | – 适应一下? – 对 |
[23:23] | Once he’s around his familiar surroundings, | 只要他回到熟悉的环境 |
[23:27] | and you’ve given yourself time to recover from the shock of his changed condition, | 你的心情也平静下来 |
[23:31] | you will see that this is your Walter. | 你就会知道他是你儿子 |
[23:34] | Now, l promise you, l swear to you, l give you my word. | 我向你保证,我发誓 |
[23:36] | This is your son. | 他是你儿子 |
[23:38] | Now, if you have any problems, any problems at all, | 以后有问题 |
[23:40] | you come and you talk to me. | 直接来找我 |
[23:42] | l’ll take care of it. | 我一定会处理 |
[23:45] | l give you my word. Trust me. | 我向你保证,相信我 |
[23:48] | Mrs. Collins, he has nowhere else to go. | 柯太太,他无处可去 |
[23:55] | Please. | 拜托 |
[24:01] | Maybe l’m not thinking clearly. | 也许我的脑袋有点不清楚 |
[24:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[24:08] | All right, you’re not thinking clearly, that’s right. | 你的脑袋不是很清楚,没错 |
[24:12] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:14] | Here, Just turn around here. | 来,转过去 |
[24:16] | How does it feel to have your son home, Mrs. Collins? | 母子团圆的感觉如何? |
[24:18] | What’d you think when you saw him for the first time? | 你看到他的时候在想什么? |
[24:20] | CHRlSTlNE: lt’s hard to explain. | 我很难解释 |
[24:22] | JONES: She was shocked at first. | 她一开始很震惊 |
[24:24] | She didn’t recognize the boy, which is perfectly natural. | 认不出她儿子,这很自然 |
[24:27] | He’s been through quite an ordeal. | 他经历了可怕的遭遇 |
[24:29] | REPORTER: How’re you feeling, son? | 你能回家 |
[24:30] | Bet it feels great to be home. | 感觉一定很棒吧? |
[24:32] | Yeah. lt’s great. | 对,棒呆了 |
[24:33] | DAVlS: The Los Angeles Police Department is thankful | 洛城警局很感谢 |
[24:35] | for all the hard work done by the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department | 迪卡柏郡警方 |
[24:38] | in making this Joyful reunion possible. | 能让这对母子欢喜团圆 |
[24:41] | The LAPD is dedicated to serving the public at all times. | 洛城警局致力于为人民服务 |
[24:44] | Can we get a photo with mother and son, Captain? | 能不能拍张母子合照? |
[24:46] | JONES: Absolutely! Here we are. | 没问题,来吧 |
[24:51] | Squeeze together. There you go, boys. | 靠近一点,拍吧 |
[25:22] | The sandwich all right? | 三明治好吃吗? |
[25:26] | -Would you like some more milk? -No. | – 再喝牛奶吗? – 不了 |
[25:30] | -No, thank you. -No, thank you. | – 不了,谢谢 – 不了,谢谢 |
[25:39] | You’re covered in soot from the train. You should take a bath. | 你全身都是污垢,应该洗个澡 |
[25:55] | PaJamas are on the edge of the bed. | 睡衣放在床上 |
[26:00] | You okay? You all right? | 你没事吧? |
[26:02] | l fell. Stupid tub! | 我跌倒了,臭浴缸 |
[26:05] | That’s all right. | 好了,没事了 |
[26:09] | You’re circumcised. | 你割了包皮 |
[26:16] | Get out. | 出去 |
[26:19] | Move. | 快点 |
[26:31] | Last time l measured Walter, last time l measured my son, | 上次我替华特…我儿子量身高 |
[26:36] | he was inches taller than you are now. | 他比你现在高好几英寸 |
[26:39] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[26:41] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[26:44] | Who are you? Who are you? | 你到底是谁? |
[27:02] | -He’s not my son. -Mrs. Collins… | – 他不是我儿子 – 柯太太 |
[27:04] | No, l don’t know why he’s saying that he is, | 我不知道他为什么要说谎 |
[27:06] | but he’s not Walter and there’s been a mistake. | 但他不是华特,你们搞错了 |
[27:08] | l thought we agreed to give him time to adJust. | 你答应要让他先适应一下 |
[27:10] | He’s three inches shorter. l measured him on the chart. | 他比华特矮三英寸 |
[27:14] | Well, maybe your measurements are off. | 也许你量错了 |
[27:15] | Look, l’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation for all of this. | 这一定有合理的解释 |
[27:18] | He’s circumcised. | 他割过包皮 |
[27:20] | And Walter isn’t. | 华特没有 |
[27:23] | Mrs. Collins. | 柯太太 |
[27:28] | Your son was missing for five months. | 你儿子失踪了五个月 |
[27:30] | For at least part of that time in the company of an as yet unidentified drifter. | 至少有一阵子被游民拐走 |
[27:34] | Who knows what such a disturbed individual might have done? | 谁晓得那种人会做出什么事? |
[27:38] | He could have had him circumcised. He could have… | 他可能替他割包皮,也可能… |
[27:41] | Made him shorter? | 让他变矮? |
[27:48] | Why aren’t you listening to me? | 你为什么不听我说? |
[27:49] | l am listening, damn it, l am listening. | 我在听,我有在听 |
[27:52] | And l understand your feelings. | 我也能了解你的心情 |
[27:54] | He’s changed, no mistake, and that’s… | 他毫无疑问变了不少 |
[27:56] | You’ve both been through a terrible experience, | 你们都经历可怕的遭遇 |
[27:58] | and that’s why he needs your love and support to bounce back. | 所以他更需要你的爱和支持 |
[28:01] | He’s not my son! | 他不是我儿子! |
[28:03] | Why are you doing this, Mrs. Collins? Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做? |
[28:07] | You seem perfectly capable of taking care of the boy. | 你有能力照顾这孩子 |
[28:10] | Your Job pays you enough to attend to his personal needs, | 你的薪水足够养他 |
[28:12] | so l don’t understand why you’re running away | 我不懂你为什么 |
[28:14] | from your responsibilities as a mother. | 要逃避责任 |
[28:16] | l am not running away from anything! Least of all my responsibilities! | 我并没有逃避责任! |
[28:20] | l am even taking care of that boy right now, because l am all he has! | 我甚至在照顾不是我儿子的小孩 |
[28:24] | What worries me is that you have stopped looking for my son! | 我担心你们不再继续找我儿子 |
[28:27] | Why should we be looking for someone we’ve already found? | 我们干嘛要找已经找到的人? |
[28:32] | Because you have not found him. | 因为你们还没找到他 |
[28:35] | His identity has been confirmed | 最顶尖的儿童身份鉴识专家 |
[28:37] | by the best minds in the field of child identification, | 已经确认他的身份 |
[28:41] | people who know what they’re doing. | 他们知道自己在做什么 |
[28:43] | And l don’t? | 难道我不知道? |
[29:02] | l’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:06] | l appreciate everything that this department has done | 我很感激警方的帮助 |
[29:08] | and l know how hard you’re working. | 我也知道你们很辛苦 |
[29:10] | l really do, and l don’t want to cause any trouble. | 是真的,我不想制造麻烦 |
[29:13] | l Just… There has been a terrible mistake, and l need you to help me correct it, | 只是这是天大的错误 请你帮忙改过来 |
[29:19] | so l can find my son before it’s too late. | 好让我尽快找到我儿子 |
[29:26] | Please. | 求求你 |
[29:36] | l won’t take up any more of your time. l’m sorry l got upset. | 我不会再占用你的时间 很抱歉我的情绪激动 |
[29:40] | l’m sorry, very sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:54] | SARA.; YeS, Captain? | 什么事,队长? |
[29:55] | -Sara, get Dr. Tarr on the phone. -YeS, Sir. | – 莎拉,帮我接泰医师 – 是的 |
[30:04] | -Mrs. Collins? -Yes? | 柯太太? |
[30:05] | Dr. Earl W. Tarr. Captain Jones sent me. | 我是泰医师,琼斯队长请我过来 |
[30:08] | l consult with him from time to time on Juvenile cases. | 我有时候会当他的顾问 |
[30:10] | -May l come in? -Yes, thank you for coming. | – 我能进去吗? – 谢谢你特地跑一趟 |
[30:14] | l was beginning to think he didn’t believe me. | 我还以为他不相信我 |
[30:16] | Well, l’m here now, and we’ll put all that to rights. | 我来了,让我们把事情搞清楚 |
[30:20] | Where’s the boy? | 那孩子在哪里? |
[30:26] | There he is. | 他在那里 |
[30:28] | A handsome young man. | 他是个小帅哥 |
[30:30] | He has your eyes, doesn’t he? | 眼睛很像你,对吧? |
[30:32] | And a little bit of the nose. | 鼻子也有点像你 |
[30:35] | Very fit, in spite of all his travails. | 吃了这么多苦头还是很健康 |
[30:38] | A very resilient boy you’ve got here, Mrs. Collins. | 你的儿子恢复得很快 |
[30:42] | -l thought you were here to help me. -Well, l am. | – 我以为你是来帮我的 – 是啊 |
[30:46] | Captain Jones said that the boy had been through some severe physical changes | 琼斯队长说这孩子变了很多 |
[30:49] | and asked me to drop in on him | 请我过来看看他 |
[30:51] | to reassure you in your time of motherly concern. | 向身为母亲的你确认他的身份 |
[30:54] | My motherly concern is not for him because he’s not my son. | 身为母亲的我知道他不是我儿子 |
[30:59] | Now, statements like that will hardly help the boy’s self-esteem, now will they? | 这种话会影响他的自尊心 |
[31:07] | Captain Jones said something about a change in height? | 琼斯队长说他的身高改变了? |
[31:10] | Yes. | 对 |
[31:13] | Come. | 过来 |
[31:16] | Against the wall. | 靠墙站好 |
[31:21] | CHRlSTlNE: He’s three inches shorter. | 他矮了三英寸 |
[31:25] | Well… (STAMMERlNG) Hardly a mystery, Mrs. Collins. | 这没有什么不寻常 |
[31:30] | We’ve known for some time that trauma can affect the growth of children. | 有时候创伤会改变儿童的成长 |
[31:34] | Given the stress of the past five months, his spine may have actually shrunk. | 这五个月来他吃尽苦头 脊椎很可能缩短 |
[31:39] | lt’s uncommon, but it’s within the realm of possibility. | 虽然很罕见,但是有可能 |
[31:45] | And circumcision? | 割包皮呢? |
[31:50] | Very likely his abductor thought it appropriate. | 拐走他的人觉得应该这么做 |
[31:53] | After all, circumcision is hygienically sound. | 毕竟割包皮非常合乎卫生 |
[31:58] | Must have been quite traumatic at the time. | 他一定受到很大的惊吓 |
[32:02] | No wonder he’s submerged the memory. | 怪不得他会失忆 |
[32:08] | You see, there’s a perfectly sound medical explanation for all of this. | 这一切都有合理的医学解释 |
[32:14] | But it’s right for you to raise the questions. | 不过你有权提出这些疑问 |
[32:16] | You need to be apprised of all changes the lad went through during his absence. | 你必须考量他在这段期间的变化 |
[32:21] | Wouldn’t l know whether or not he’s my son? | 难道我不知道他是不是我儿子? |
[32:25] | l’m the mother. | 我是他母亲 |
[32:27] | Which means you’re in no position to be obJective. | 这代表你不够客观 |
[32:31] | You are looking through the prism of extreme emotion at a boy | 你的情绪太激动 |
[32:35] | who has changed from what you remember. | 只看到他身上的改变 |
[32:38] | He isn’t the same boy that left here. | 他和以前不一样了 |
[32:40] | Just as a boy that goes off to war and then returns | 就像打过仗的青年 |
[32:42] | is not the same anymore. | 也会改变 |
[32:44] | And a mother’s heart, driven by intuition and emotion, | 你身为母亲只凭直觉和情绪 |
[32:49] | sees these changes and rebels, | 看到这些变化 |
[32:52] | insists that this isn’t your son. | 于是坚持他不是你儿子 |
[32:56] | Doesn’t change the facts. | 但是事实不容置疑 |
[33:01] | l’m willing to put my theory to the test of obJectivity, Mrs. Collins. | 我愿意用客观方法证明我的理论 |
[33:06] | Are you? | 你愿意吗? |
[33:15] | CHRISTINE.; It iS abSolutely outrageouS! | 这太过份了! |
[33:17] | Calm yourself, calm yourself and Just listen to me. | 冷静下来,听我说 |
[33:20] | No, no, no. No, you listen to me, please. | 不,请你听我说 |
[33:25] | This so-called doctor paraded me around my own neighborhood, | 这位所谓的医生带我到左邻右舍 |
[33:29] | like some kind of a derelict mother who didn’t even know her own son. | 把我当成不认得自己儿子的坏母亲 |
[33:32] | JONES.; And what waS hiS findingS? | 他查出什么? |
[33:34] | He found what he expected to find, | 他早就知道会查出的事 |
[33:37] | what you obviously told him he would find. | 你很显然事先就告诉过他 |
[33:40] | -MrS. CollinS. -But that’s not… | – 柯太太 – 但是那不是… |
[33:42] | That’s nothing to be embarrassed about. | 你不必觉得丢脸 |
[33:44] | That l was embarrassed is not the issue. | 我丢不丢脸是一回事 |
[33:50] | The point is that you are wasting time when you should be looking for my son. | 重点是你在浪费宝贵时间 而不去找我的儿子 |
[33:57] | But the report is final, Mrs. Collins. | 这个案子已经结案了 |
[34:01] | Well, then l want to receive the report, so l can refute it, | 那就请你尽快把报告给我 |
[34:04] | before it goes to anyone else. | 好让我提出申诉 |
[34:06] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:08] | Yes. Good day. | 好,再见 |
[34:19] | l’m finished. Could l go to my room now? | 我吃饱了,可以回房间吗? |
[34:23] | Yes. | 可以 |
[34:34] | Good night, Mommy. | 晚安,妈咪 |
[34:37] | Stop saying that! | 别再这么叫我! |
[34:41] | Stop saying that! | 别再这么叫我! |
[34:43] | l’m not your mother! | 我不是你母亲! |
[34:48] | l want my son back. | 我要我儿子回来 |
[34:51] | You’re not him. You’re not my son! | 你不是他,你不是我儿子 |
[34:57] | l want my son back. l want my son back! | 我要我的儿子回来 |
[35:03] | Damn you! | 该死 |
[35:06] | l want my son back! | 我要我的儿子回来 |
[35:41] | l was wrong to yell at you. | 我不该向你大吼大叫 |
[35:47] | You’re Just a child | 你只是个孩子 |
[35:50] | and l don’t think you know what you’re doing, | 不知道自己在做什么 |
[35:53] | and the hurt you’re causing. | 或是你造成的伤害 |
[35:55] | But l need you to understand that my son is my life. | 但是你要知道我儿子是我的命 |
[36:02] | He’s all l have. | 我只有他 |
[36:07] | And no matter what the police think, and no matter what the world thinks, | 不管警方或是全世界怎么想 |
[36:12] | you and l, | 你和我 |
[36:15] | we both know the truth, don’t we? | 我们都知道真相 |
[36:19] | We both know that you’re not Walter. | 我们都知道你不是华特 |
[36:23] | You Just have to tell them that you’re not my son, | 你要告诉他们你不是我儿子 |
[36:27] | so they can find my son. | 好让他们继续找我儿子 |
[36:33] | Please. | 求求你 |
[36:40] | (SNlFFLES) We can talk tomorrow. | 明天再说吧 |
[37:06] | -BRIEGLEB.; IS thiS MrS. ChriStine CollinS? -Yes. | – 这是柯太太吗? – 是的 |
[37:10] | My name is Gustav Briegleb. | 我叫古斯托夫布列格利 |
[37:12] | l’m the pastor over at St. Paul’s Presbyterian. | 圣保罗长老教会牧师 |
[37:16] | Oh, yes, l’ve heard your broadcasts. | 我听过你的广播 |
[37:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:22] | Have you read the Times thiS morning? | 你看过今天的洛杉矶时报吗? |
[37:25] | No. | 没有 |
[37:26] | well, maybe you Should give it a gander and then come over here to the pariSh | 也许你应该看看 一小时后到教堂 |
[37:31] | for breakfast, in, say, an hour. l think we should meet. | 一起吃早餐 我们应该见个面 |
[37:45] | (MUMBLlNG) ”Mysterious case of… ”Acting on the request of the Los Angeles Police Department, | 洛杉矶警局要求 |
[37:50] | ”Dr. Earl W. Tarr, child specialist, examined Walter Collins | 小儿科医师替柯华特做检查 |
[37:54] | ”to determine the cause of his loss of weight, ”paleness, confusion, and rundown condition | 查出他母亲找回儿子后发现 |
[37:59] | ”noticed since the return of the boy to his mother last Monday.” | 他身高体重和以前不同的原因 |
[38:04] | Lovely bit of phrasing, isn’t it? | 他们真会写,对吧? |
[38:06] | Noticed since the return of the boy to his mother. | 他母亲找回儿子后的发现 |
[38:10] | Now, not only does that clearly state you’re the boy’s mother, | 这不但再度确认你是他的母亲 |
[38:12] | but one could infer from it that you’re somehow responsible for these changes. | 也暗示这些改变是你造成的 |
[38:17] | And that the police department is concerned for the boy’s welfare while he’s in your charge. | 警方很担心他由你照顾会出问题 |
[38:22] | You should try the eggs. They’re very nice. | 你应该尝尝炒蛋,很好吃 |
[38:25] | ”’l examined the boy quite thoroughly,’ Dr. Tarr said, | 泰医师说: 我很仔细检查那孩子 |
[38:29] | ”’And it’s clear that he has something to tell. | 他很显然有话想说 |
[38:31] | ”’l’m sure that in time…”’ | 我相信再过一段时间 |
[38:33] | …time he will give his boyish story of the entire affair, | 他就会把整件事的经过说出来 |
[38:37] | but not until he has faith in his listener. | 不过要等到他信任他母亲 |
[38:40] | And that is what is lacking here, faith in the poor lad’s story. | 症结是这位母亲 不相信这可怜的孩子说的话 |
[38:45] | Course of my examination, l found nothing to dispute the findings of the LAPD. | 我的检查结果和警方的发现一样 |
[38:51] | Why would they do this? | 他们为什么要这么做? |
[38:54] | To avoid admitting they made a mistake when they brought back the wrong boy. | 避免承认他们找错小孩的错误 |
[38:58] | Of course, anyone reading the newspaper with half a brain would see through it instantly. | 一半的读者都会看穿他们的谎言 |
[39:03] | Sadly, that would exclude about half the readership of the TimeS. | 不幸的是,另一半会相信他们 |
[39:08] | Mrs. Collins, l have made it my mission in life to bring to light all the things | 我毕生的使命就是把警方 |
[39:12] | the LAPD wish none of us ever knew about. | 不让我们知道的事公诸于世 |
[39:16] | A department ruled by violence, abuse, murder, corruption and intimidation. | 警界充满了暴力、 滥权、 谋杀 贪污腐败以及威胁利诱 |
[39:23] | When Chief Davis took over the force two years ago, he said… | 戴局长上任后两年说… |
[39:27] | We will hold court against gunmen in the streets of Los Angeles. | 我们要制裁洛城街头的罪犯 |
[39:30] | l want them brought in dead, not alive, | 我下令员警对罪犯格杀勿论 |
[39:33] | and l will reprimand any officer who shows the least mercy to a criminal. | 并对罪犯心软的员警予以严惩 |
[39:37] | He picked 50 of the most violent cops on the force, | 他钦点警局最暴力的员警 |
[39:41] | gave them machine guns and permission to shoot anyone who got in their way. | 给他们机关枪和杀人的权力 |
[39:44] | He called them the Gun Squad. | 他替他们取名为处决队 |
[39:47] | (GUNFlRE) No lawyerS, no trialS, no queStionS, no SuSpenSionS, no inveStigationS. | 没有律师、 没有审判 没有侦讯、 没有调查 |
[39:52] | Just piles of bodies. | 只有一堆堆的尸体 |
[39:55] | BodieS in the morgueS, bodieS in the hoSpitalS, bodieS by the Side of the road. | 太平间、 医院和街头都是尸体 |
[39:59] | And not because the LAPD wanted to wipe out crime. No. | 并不是因为警方想扫除犯罪 |
[40:04] | The LAPD wanted to wipe out the competition. | 而是想消灭竞争对手 |
[40:07] | Mayor Cryer and half the force are on the take. | 市长和一半的警察都收贿 |
[40:09] | Gambling, proStitution, bootlegging, you name it. | 包庇赌博、 卖淫、 买卖私酒 |
[40:12] | BecauSe once you give people the freedom to do whatever they want, | 当人得到为所欲为的自由 |
[40:16] | as the Lord found in the Garden of Eden, they will do exactly that. | 他们就会像亚当一样滥用自由 |
[40:21] | This police department does not tolerate dissent, or contradiction, | 警方不能容忍异议份子 或是受到驳斥 |
[40:25] | or even embarrassment. | 甚至丢脸 |
[40:27] | And you are in a position to embarrass them and they do not like it. | 你有可能让他们丢脸 他们很不爽 |
[40:32] | They will do anything in their power to discredit you. | 他们会尽全力抹黑你 |
[40:35] | l’ve seen that happen too many times to start going blind now. | 我看了太多,不能假装没看到 |
[40:39] | That’s why l wanted to meet you, | 所以我才想见你 |
[40:41] | to let you know what you’re getting yourself into | 让你知道你陷入的处境 |
[40:44] | and to help you fight it, if you choose to. | 如果你要的话,帮你对抗强权 |
[40:47] | Reverend, l appreciate everything that you’re doing and everything that you said, | 牧师,我很感谢你做的一切 |
[40:54] | but l’m not on a mission. | 但这对我来说不是一个使命 |
[40:56] | l Just want my son home. | 我只想让我儿子回家 |
[41:00] | Mrs. Collins, a lot of mothers’ sons have been sacrificed to expediency around here. | 许多母亲的孩子都是牺牲者 |
[41:06] | Your son, unfortunately, would not be the first. | 很不幸,你儿子不是第一名受害者 |
[41:08] | But if you do it right, he may very well be the last. | 你若做得对,他可能是最后一个 |
[41:19] | He had two cavities that needed filling. He put up a fight, but l took care of it. | 他有两颗蛀牙需要补牙 他一开始反抗,不过被我搞定了 |
[41:24] | And? | 然后呢? |
[41:26] | Your son’s upper front teeth were separated by a small tissue, a diastema. | 你儿子的门牙中间有齿隙 |
[41:30] | lt made them sit about an eighth of an inch apart. | 间隔大约是1/8寸 |
[41:32] | The boy in that room has no such gap. | 这个孩子的门牙没有间隔 |
[41:35] | Can that change with age? Because that’s what they’re gonna say. | 他们一定会说这是他长大的原因 |
[41:37] | ln some cases, yes, it’s possible. | 有些案例是有这个可能 |
[41:38] | But the tissue between Walter’s teeth prevents that from happening. | 但是华特的门牙被牙龈隔开 |
[41:42] | See, they can never come together without an operation to sever the tissue, | 除非切除牙龈,门牙才会密合 |
[41:45] | and l can tell you right now that he has never had such an operation. | 我很确定他没动过这种手术 |
[41:50] | Would you be willing to put that officially in writing? | 你愿意提供正式证明书吗? |
[41:52] | Pardon my language, but hell yes. | 去他们的,我当然愿意 |
[41:57] | Sounds like the anesthetic’s wearing off. | 听起来麻醉快退了 |
[42:00] | On the other hand, maybe l’ll write that letter first. | 不过我还是先写证明书吧 |
[42:04] | Give the little fella something to think about. | 让那小家伙好好反省一下 |
[42:17] | Well, if it is, he’s changed enormously. | 如果是他,他改变很大 |
[42:19] | -Do you know who l am? -You’re a teacher. | – 你认得我吗? – 你是一个老师 |
[42:22] | Yes, but even teachers have names. What’s mine? | 老师也有名字,我叫什么? |
[42:26] | l don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[42:28] | l know you, but l don’t remember your name. | 我认得你,不记得你的名字 |
[42:32] | Mrs. Fox. Now, take your seat. | 我是傅老师,坐回你的座位 |
[42:49] | l didn’t say take a seat. l said take your seat, the one assigned you. | 我不是说坐下来就行 我说坐回你原来的座位 |
[42:54] | You must know where it is, you’ve been sitting in it for over a year now. | 你来了一年多,应该知道在哪里 |
[43:06] | Mrs. Collins, if that’s your son, l’ll eat my yardstick. | 如果他是你儿子,我就吃掉教鞭 |
[43:10] | Not only will l put it in writing, l will testify to it in a court of law | 我不但愿意写证明书 也愿意出庭作证 |
[43:13] | or to the President Calvin Coolidge himself if l have to. | 有必要甚至会在总统面前作证 |
[43:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[43:22] | l’ll see you tonight for the broadcast. | 今晚广播节目上见 |
[43:25] | Good luck. | 祝好运 |
[43:41] | Hello. My name is Christine Collins. | 我是克莉丝汀柯林斯 |
[43:43] | -Good morning. -MAN: Good morning. | – 早安 – 早 |
[43:45] | On March 10th, my nine-year-old son, Walter Collins, disappeared. | 3月10日 我9岁大的儿子华特消失不见 |
[43:50] | And a five-month investigation | 经过五个月的调查 |
[43:52] | led to a boy being brought to Los Angeles from DeKalb, lllinois. | 警方从伊利诺州带回一个男孩 |
[43:57] | They told me and all of you that this boy was my son. | 他们告诉大家他是我儿子 |
[44:00] | He was not my son. | 他并不是我儿子 |
[44:02] | The LAPD made a mistake, | 洛城警局犯了错误 |
[44:04] | and that is the reason for the supposed transformation. | 所以他才会出现所谓的改变 |
[44:08] | l have letters from his teachers and his doctors all confirming that he is not my son. | 老师和牙医都证实他不是我儿子 |
[44:13] | l’m having them reprinted now, and l’ll have them for you tomorrow. | 我会影印证明书,明天给你们 |
[44:17] | l have given the LAPD every opportunity to admit their mistake | 我给洛城警局机会承认错误 |
[44:20] | and renew the search for my son. | 并且重新协寻我儿子 |
[44:23] | Since they have refused to do so, it has forced me to bring my case public. | 可是他们拒绝这么做 让我不得不公诸于世 |
[44:28] | And l hope that this now will persuade them to finish what they started | 我希望这样能够说服他们继续调查 |
[44:32] | and bring my son home to me. | 找回我的儿子 |
[44:34] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢大家 |
[44:49] | Morelli! | 莫瑞利! |
[44:51] | l want you to find the Collins woman and get her here. | 去把姓柯的那个女的带来 |
[44:53] | -And, Bill, bring her in the back way. -Yes, sir. | – 从后门进来 – 遵命 |
[45:08] | This way, miss. | 这里请 |
[45:10] | Why are we going in the back? | 为什么要走后门? |
[45:11] | Captain’s orders. Front’s Jammed with reporters. | 队长的命令,避开前门的记者 |
[45:19] | Please, sit down, miss. Captain Jones’ll be right with you. | 请坐,琼斯队长马上来 |
[45:22] | Hey! Anyone want to take a call from the Canadian Mounties? Ybarra? | 谁要接加拿大警方的案子? 老尤? |
[45:26] | What’d they do, lose a moose? | 他们弄丢了一只麋鹿吗? |
[45:27] | They need a Juvenile living here illegally deported back to Canada. | 他们要我们遣返一名青少年 |
[45:31] | He’s living with his cousin on some ranch near Riverside, in Wineville. | 他住在表哥位于河滨郡的农场 |
[45:35] | -You want it? -l’ll take it. Got nothing better to do. | 我去,反正没有事干 |
[45:36] | You’re a prince. | 你人真好 |
[45:40] | Mrs. Collins. | 柯太太 |
[45:42] | You can leave the boy. She’ll take care of him. | 来吧,她会照顾孩子 |
[45:50] | Sit. | 请坐 |
[45:52] | You’ve caused us quite a bit of trouble, Mrs. Collins. | 你惹了一大堆麻烦 |
[45:55] | This situation has become an embarrassment | 这件事让整个警局 |
[45:57] | for the entire police department. | 丢脸丢到家 |
[45:58] | lt wasn’t my intention to embarrass anyone. | 我并不想让任何人丢脸 |
[46:00] | No, of course not. | 当然了 |
[46:01] | You Just told the papers we couldn’t tell one boy from another as a compliment | 你只是告诉记者我们把小孩搞错 |
[46:05] | for the months we spent working on your case. | 完全否定警方几个月来的调查 |
[46:07] | You trying to make fools out of us? ls that it? You enJoy this? | 你想让我们成为笑柄,是吗? |
[46:10] | Of course not. l want you to find my son. | 当然不是,我要你们找到我儿子 |
[46:13] | You know what your problem is, Mrs. Collins? | 你的问题是… |
[46:15] | You’re trying to shirk your responsibilities as a mother. | 你不想负母亲的责任 |
[46:17] | What? | 什么? |
[46:18] | You enJoyed being a free woman, didn’t you? | 你喜欢单身生活 |
[46:20] | You enJoyed not having to worry about a young son. | 过着无忧无虑的日子 |
[46:22] | You could go where you wanted, do whatever you wanted, | 想到哪里就去哪里 |
[46:25] | see anyone you wanted. | 想见谁就见谁 |
[46:27] | But then we found your son, and we brought him back. | 只可惜我们找到你儿子 |
[46:30] | And now he’s an inconvenience to you. | 现在他成为一个负担 |
[46:32] | And that’s why you cooked up this scheme, | 所以你才想出这个办法 |
[46:35] | to throw him to the state and get the state to raise him for you. | 把他丢回来,让政府替你抚养他 |
[46:38] | -lsn’t that true? -That is not true! | – 难道不是吗? – 并不是这样! |
[46:40] | No? Well, even the boy says he’s your son. Why would he say that? | 就连那孩子都说他是你儿子 为什么? |
[46:43] | -How would he know to do that? -l don’t know. l Just know he’s lying. | – 他怎么知道要这么说? – 我不知道,我只知道他说谎 |
[46:47] | Oh, maybe so. Maybe he is a liar. | 也许他是个小骗子 |
[46:50] | But that’s how he’s been trained, isn’t it? | 不过这是他从你身上遗传的 |
[46:52] | Lying was born in both of you. | 你们天生就会说谎 |
[46:54] | You’re a liar and a troublemaker and, if you ask me, | 你只会骗人和惹麻烦 |
[46:56] | you got no business walking the streets of Los Angeles. | 根本就不该走在洛城街头 |
[46:58] | Now wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[46:59] | Because either you know you’re lying, | 你不是知道自己在说谎 |
[47:01] | or you’re not capable of knowing if you’re lying or telling the truth. | 就是分不清你在说谎或说实话 |
[47:05] | So, which is it? | 到底是怎样? |
[47:08] | You a derelict mother? Or Just plain nuts? | 你是坏母亲或是个疯子? |
[47:10] | ‘Cause from where l sit, those are the only options. | 我看两者都有可能 |
[47:13] | l’m not gonna sit here and take this. | 我不要听你大发厥词 |
[47:14] | You want experts? You want doctors? l have a few of my own. | 你要找专家或医生?我能帮忙 |
[47:16] | Matron. | 小马 |
[47:21] | Mrs. Collins, you still insist that the boy out there is not your son? | 你还是坚持那孩子不是你儿子? |
[47:26] | Yes, l do. | 是的 |
[47:30] | -Please, don’t struggle. -What? | 请别反抗 |
[47:32] | -No! -You’ll only hurt yourself. | 你只会受伤 |
[47:33] | -What are you doing? -Hold still. | 你在干嘛? |
[47:34] | You can’t Just do this. No, you can’t. | 你不能这么做 |
[47:36] | JONES: You are to convey the prisoner | 你要被送到 |
[47:37] | to the Los Angeles County General Hospital Psychopathic Ward. | 洛城总医院精神病房 |
[47:39] | What? | 什么? |
[47:41] | You are to make the following entry. | 你把以下的话记下来 |
[47:43] | Defendant states she’s been deceived by police and others, | 被告声称被警方和其他人蒙骗 |
[47:45] | and that we have given her a boy and tried | 我们故意找回 |
[47:47] | to make her think it is her son when she says it is not. | 不是她儿子的小孩 |
[47:50] | -Take her away. -No. No, no. | 把她带走 |
[47:54] | CHRlSTlNE: Please. Please. MATRON: Come on, Mrs. Collins. | – 求求你 – 来吧,柯太太 |
[47:57] | CHRlSTlNE: No. No. MAN: This way. | 这里 |
[48:04] | JONES.; MrS. CollinS haS been known to uS Since about March 10th, 1928 | 柯太太于1928年3月10日 |
[48:08] | when She reported her nine-year-old Son, walter, miSSing. | 向警方报案说她九岁儿子失踪 |
[48:11] | -The boy waS gone until AuguSt 1928. -MAN: Okay. | 我们于1928年8月找到她儿子 |
[48:14] | Since hiS return, She haS complained that he iS Still miSSing | 但是她一直说那不是她儿子 |
[48:18] | and haS made repeated requeStS that he be found. | 而且不断要我们找到他 |
[48:20] | She SufferS from paranoia, deluSionS of perSecution | 她有偏执狂、 被害妄想症 |
[48:24] | and diSlocation from reality. | 以及脱离现实的症状 |
[48:26] | She may be a threat to herSelf or otherS. | 可能对自己或他人造成伤害 |
[48:30] | we recommend that She be conveyed to the pSychopathic ward | 我们建议把她送进精神病房 |
[48:33] | until her SenSeS can be reStored. | 直到她恢复正常 |
[48:35] | Got another code 1 2. | 又是违反第12条法规的病人 |
[48:36] | -Name? -Collins. Christine. | – 姓名? – 克莉丝汀柯林斯 |
[48:38] | No, no, no, listen, this is a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[48:40] | Certifying officer? | 承办员警? |
[48:41] | Captain J.J. Jones, Lincoln Heights Division. | 林肯高地分局琼斯队长 |
[48:44] | No, no, please! Please! The police are trying to punish me… | 不!警方故意要惩罚我… |
[48:46] | lf you keep it up, l’m gonna have to put you in a straitJacket. | 你再闹我就让你穿拘束衣 |
[48:48] | -Do you want that? -No, ma’am. | 不要 |
[48:50] | Then behave yourself. Code 1 2. | 那就乖一点 第12条法规 |
[49:02] | (WOMAN SCREAMlNG) | 接待处 |
[49:07] | No! | 天啊 |
[49:24] | Spread your legs. | 张开双腿 |
[49:27] | What? | 什么? |
[49:31] | Wider. | 再宽一点 |
[49:58] | lnside. This is your room. | 进去,这是你的病房 |
[50:00] | The doctor has left for the day. He will see you in the morning. | 医生下班了,明天再见你 |
[50:03] | Can l… l need to speak to somebody in authority. | 我要和主事者说话 |
[50:05] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[50:06] | My room! No. No, no, no, this is my room. | 我的房间,这是我的房间 |
[50:11] | Can l make a phone call? | 我能打通电话吗? |
[50:12] | Phone privileges are earned by good behavior. | 行为良好才能打电话 |
[50:15] | You’re not allowed newspapers, magazines, radio, books or sharp obJects. | 不准有报纸、 杂志、 书或尖锐物 |
[50:18] | -This is for your own good. -WOMAN: Help me! Listen to me. | 这是为了你好 |
[50:21] | My room. | 我的房间 |
[50:23] | (STAMMERlNG) No, this is my room. | 这是…这是我的房间 |
[50:28] | My room. | 我的房间 |
[50:31] | No, no, this is my room. | 不行,这是我的房间 |
[50:37] | My room. | 我的房间 |
[50:40] | My room! My room! My room! My room! | 我的房间! 我的房间! |
[50:47] | They said it was my room! | 他们说这是我的房间! |
[51:02] | You have a problem? | 引擎故障? |
[51:04] | Overheated, that’s all. She’ll be fine in a bit. | 只是过热而已 过一会儿就没事 |
[51:08] | Hey, listen, could you give me a hand? | 帮我个忙 |
[51:10] | l’m trying to find a place called the Northcott Ranch, up by Wineville. | 我在找诺考特农场 |
[51:15] | Northcott Ranch, huh? | 诺考特农场? |
[51:22] | Yeah, yeah. | 我知道 |
[51:25] | You’re almost there. | 你就快到了 |
[51:27] | You Just… You Just follow this road west, about two, no, three miles. | 只要一路往西大约两、 三哩 |
[51:33] | And then you take that next right. | 然后再右转 |
[51:36] | And you stay on that and it will bring you right to it. | 一路下去就会到那里 |
[51:42] | -ls something going on out there? -No. | – 那里发生什么事吗? – 没什么 |
[51:46] | Just looking into a Juvenile matter. | 只是青少年案件 |
[51:49] | -Thanks for your help. -Sure. | – 多谢你的帮忙 – 不客气 |
[53:30] | Come here! Come here! | 过来! 过来! |
[53:38] | This is the police! | 我是警察 |
[53:40] | l have a warrant for a minor named Sanford Clark. | 我有桑佛克拉克的拘捕令 |
[53:45] | Open the door or stand aside. | 开门或是闪边 |
[55:00] | YBARRA: Hey! Stop! | 住手 |
[55:03] | Stop! Stop it! | 住手! 住手! |
[55:06] | Stop it! Stop it or l’ll push your face through this floor! | 你再不住手我就扁你一顿 |
[55:10] | -Stop it! -Fine! | – 住手! – 好吧 |
[55:12] | Give me your hands. | 手伸出来 |
[55:24] | Come on. Sit down. | 快点 |
[55:27] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[55:30] | What the hell is wrong with you, kid? Huh? | 你到底有什么毛病? |
[55:33] | Don’t you know assaulting a cop is against the law? | 你不知道袭警犯法吗? |
[55:35] | What difference does it make? | 不都是一样 |
[55:38] | We’re Just sending you back to Canada, son. lt isn’t the end of the world. | 我们只是要把你遣返加拿大 又不是世界末日 |
[55:44] | What? | 什么? |
[55:47] | Well, you can’t stay in the US as long as you want, pal. | 你不能随便就待在美国 |
[55:55] | No word from Mrs. Collins? | 没有柯太太的消息? |
[55:57] | We haven’t heard from her. | 没有 |
[55:59] | Get on down to her house, make sure she’s all right. | 到她家确定她没事 |
[56:01] | And if she’s not there, check with her neighbors. | 她不在就问邻居 |
[56:02] | -Find out what they know. -Absolutely. | – 发生什么事 – 没问题 |
[56:05] | RADIO ANNOUNCER.; And now KGF welcomeS the Reverend GuStav Briegleb | KGF电台欢迎长老会的 |
[56:08] | of St. Paul’S PreSbyterian. | 布牧师 |
[56:10] | ThiS iS PaStor GuStav A. Briegleb of St. Paul’S PreSbyterian Church, | 我是圣保罗教堂的布牧师 |
[56:15] | bringing you the Lord’S word on Radio KGF. | 在KGF电台布道 |
[56:17] | Good evening. | 大家好 |
[56:19] | I had hoped to have a gueSt with uS tonight, but apparently She haS been delayed. | 我本来请来一位来宝 不过看来她有事不能来 |
[56:24] | And Since She cannot be here to tell you what She told the preSS thiS afternoon, | 既然她不能告诉大家她的声明 |
[56:28] | I’ll have to fill in aS beSt I can. | 我只好尽力传达她的话 |
[56:30] | I’m going to tell you what happened | 我要告诉你们真相 |
[56:32] | and I’m going to keep on telling you every night, right here, | 我每天都要在电台上说这件事 |
[56:36] | until Somebody doeS Something about it. | 直到有人做出回应 |
[56:50] | Hello. l’d like a ticket to Canada. | 我要买到加拿大的车票 |
[56:53] | Alberta or Vancouver, whatever’s leaving tonight. | 亚伯达省或是温哥华都可以 |
[56:55] | l don’t have anything going that far tonight. | 今晚没有班车 |
[56:57] | The best l can do is put you on a train to Seattle. | 你只能搭车到西雅图 |
[56:59] | From there you can transfer to a local or drive across the border. | 然后坐车或是开车出境 |
[57:02] | That would be fine. | 好吧 |
[57:03] | -Roundtrip? -One way. | – 来回票? – 单程票 |
[57:06] | -That’ll be $15. -Right. | 十五元 |
[57:14] | -Thank you. There you go. EnJoy your trip. -l will. | – 谢谢,旅途愉快 – 我会的 |
[57:34] | Breakfast is half an hour. | 早餐有半小时 |
[57:41] | Please, miss, l need to see a doctor in charge. | 我得见主治医生 |
[57:43] | The dining room is down the hall. The doctor will call for you when he’s ready. | 餐厅在那里 医生来了会通知你 |
[58:12] | You should eat. | 你应该吃东西 |
[58:14] | Eating is normal. | 吃东西很正常 |
[58:16] | You gotta do everything you can to look normal. | 做什么都要看起来很正常 |
[58:19] | lt’s the only chance you got. WOMAN: l’m not hungry. | 这是唯一的机会 |
[58:24] | My name’s Carol Dexter. What’s yours? | 我叫卡洛戴斯特,你呢? |
[58:27] | Christine. Christine Collins. | 克莉丝汀柯林斯 |
[58:31] | Now, finish it all. l know it’s hard, but you gotta try. | 我知道很难,不过你得吃光 |
[58:42] | l heard them talking. | 我听到他们在说 |
[58:44] | You’re here on code 1 2? Police action. | 你违反了第12条法规被送来 |
[58:47] | l mean, the doctors, the staff, they figure that if the police brought you here, | 医生和员工都会想 |
[58:50] | there must be a good reason for it. | 警方送你来一定有道理 |
[58:52] | There isn’t a good reason for it. | 根本就没有道理 |
[58:55] | l’m perfectly sane and l will explain that to them. | 我很正常,我要解释给他们听 |
[58:59] | How? | 怎么解释? |
[59:02] | The more you try to act sane, the crazier you start to look. | 你愈正常,他们就觉得你愈疯狂 |
[59:05] | lf you smile too much, you’re delusional or you’re stifling hysteria. | 你一直笑的话就是有妄想症 |
[59:09] | And if you don’t smile, you’re depressed. | 不笑的话就是有忧郁症 |
[59:12] | lf you remain neutral, | 没有表情的话 |
[59:14] | you’re emotionally withdrawn, potentially catatonic. | 不是孤僻就可能是植物人 |
[59:20] | -You’ve given this a lot of thought. -Yeah, l have. Don’t you get it? | – 你想了很多 – 没错,你不懂吗? |
[59:26] | You’re a code 1 2, so am l. | 我也是违反第12条法规 |
[59:28] | We’re here for the exact same reasons. | 我们被送来的原因一样 |
[59:31] | We both pissed off the cops. | 我们都惹毛了警察 |
[59:34] | Now, you see that lady there? | 看到那位女士吗? |
[59:37] | She was married to a cop who kept beating her up. | 她嫁给一个不断殴打她的警察 |
[59:39] | When she tried to tell somebody about it, he brought her here. | 她想投诉,结果被送来这里 |
[59:44] | And that one? NURSE 3: Put your tray back where it belongs. | 那一个呢? |
[59:46] | The police beat the crap out of her brother, broke both his arms. | 警察痛殴她兄弟,打断两只手 |
[59:51] | When she tried to tell the papers… | 她想向报社投诉… |
[59:56] | And you? | 你呢? |
[59:58] | l work nights. | 我晚上上班 |
[1:00:04] | l mean, l work nights. | 我是说我是上班小姐 |
[1:00:10] | Oh. -Yeah. ln the clubs. Downtown. -l’m sorry. | 我在夜总会或是市区街头接客 |
[1:00:13] | Yeah, well, this one client Just kept hitting me and he wouldn’t stop, | 有一个客人一直打我 |
[1:00:17] | so l filed a complaint. | 于是我提出申诉 |
[1:00:19] | And it turns out he was a cop. | 结果他是个警察 |
[1:00:21] | Next thing l know, l’m here. | 接下来我就被送来 |
[1:00:24] | -But they can’t do that. -Are you kidding? | – 他们不能这么做 – 别开玩笑 |
[1:00:29] | Everybody knows women are fragile. | 大家都知道女人精神脆弱 |
[1:00:32] | l mean, they’re all emotions, no logic, there’s nothing going on upstairs. | 没有逻辑,容易情绪化 不是疯子就是笨蛋 |
[1:00:36] | Every once in a while they say something that’s a little inconvenient, | 只要说出对警方不利的话 |
[1:00:39] | they Just go fucking nuts. | 就他妈的被当作疯子 |
[1:00:41] | Pardon my French. NURSE 1 : You gotta get those dishes. NURSE 2: You got it. | 不好意思 |
[1:00:44] | lf we’re insane, nobody has to listen to us. | 不会有人听我们这些疯子的话 |
[1:00:49] | l mean, who are you gonna believe, | 你会相信谁? |
[1:00:50] | some crazy woman trying to destroy the integrity of the force, | 想要破坏警方声誉的疯女人 |
[1:00:54] | or a police officer? | 还是一名警察? |
[1:00:57] | Then once they get us in here, we either shut up and we learn to behave, | 我们不乖乖闭嘴就得学乖 |
[1:01:00] | or we don’t go home. MAN: Are you all done? | 不然就回不了家 |
[1:01:05] | Or we go home like that. | 或是被整成那样回得了家 |
[1:01:44] | Stop. Stop it. | 停,停下来 |
[1:01:48] | Stop it! | 停下来,停下来 |
[1:01:50] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:01:54] | Clark. Sanford Clark? | 桑佛克拉克? |
[1:01:59] | Here. | 在 |
[1:02:01] | Paperwork’s come through. | 文件都处理好了 |
[1:02:03] | You’ll be deported back to Canada day after tomorrow. | 明天下午就遣送你回加拿大 |
[1:02:06] | Police there will decide what to do with you next. | 那里的警方会决定怎么处置你 |
[1:02:08] | l hope your stay here has convinced you not to try crossing the border illegally in the future. | 希望你以后不会非法闯入美国 |
[1:02:13] | Wait! | 等一下 |
[1:02:16] | l’d like to talk to the officer who brought me in. | 我想跟把我带来的警察谈谈 |
[1:02:20] | l’m sure he has far more important things… | 他应该有更重要的事… |
[1:02:22] | Please. lt’s important. | 拜托,这很重要 |
[1:02:31] | NURSE: Christine Collins. | 克莉丝汀柯林斯 |
[1:02:32] | Thank you. Mrs. Collins. | 来吧 |
[1:02:37] | Dr. Jonathan Steele. Please, have a seat. | 我是史医师,请坐 |
[1:02:47] | l hope your stay with us has been comfortable so far. | 希望你在这里还算…舒服 |
[1:02:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:02:53] | Really? (CHUCKLES) | 真的吗? |
[1:02:57] | l’d think it’d be quite difficult at first. | 一开始一定很辛苦 |
[1:03:01] | Yes, it was. | 当然了 |
[1:03:02] | Of course it was very difficult, but comfortable enough. | 不过 已经够舒服了 |
[1:03:16] | l see that they have… They’ve taken a blood test. | 他们替你验过血 |
[1:03:21] | The Wassermann test. | 瓦式验血 |
[1:03:23] | They said it was to check for syphilis, ’cause it affects the mind. | 检查梅毒,梅毒会影响心灵 |
[1:03:27] | The idea that someone thinks you need to be checked for syphilis, | 他们认为你应该检查梅毒 |
[1:03:31] | does that upset you? | 你会不高兴吗? |
[1:03:33] | No, they said it was standard procedure, so it did not. | 不会,他们说是标准程序 |
[1:03:35] | Yes, exactly. Standard procedure. | 没错,标准程序 |
[1:03:38] | We have to cover all our bases. | 我们得检查一切可能性 |
[1:03:40] | l can imagine | 我可以想像 |
[1:03:43] | that for some people that would be uncomfortable, | 有些人会觉得很不舒服 |
[1:03:46] | but l understood. | 不过我能理解 |
[1:04:07] | According to your file you believe that the police substituted a fake boy for your son. | 根据你的档案 你相信警方用假男孩取代你儿子 |
[1:04:14] | No, l didn’t say he was a fake boy. | 我没说他是假男孩 |
[1:04:17] | He’s not my boy. | 我只说他不是我儿子 |
[1:04:19] | They brought home the wrong boy. | 他们搞错人 |
[1:04:20] | My son is still missing. | 我儿子仍然失踪 |
[1:04:23] | Well, that’s strange, because l have here a newspaper article | 这就怪了,这一篇新闻报导 |
[1:04:28] | with a photo of you at the train station, welcoming home your son. | 有你们在火车站的合照 你去接你儿子 |
[1:04:36] | -That is you in the photo, isn’t it? -Yes. | – 照片上的人是你,对吧? – 是的 |
[1:04:40] | -Yeah. -Yes. | 没错 |
[1:04:43] | So, at first he was your son, | 一开始他是你儿子 |
[1:04:48] | and now he’s not your son. | 现在又不是 |
[1:04:52] | (CLEARS THROAT) Has this been going on for a long time? | 这种情况有多久了? |
[1:04:53] | People changing, becoming something other than what they are? | 你幻想别人变成别的样子? |
[1:04:57] | People don’t change. | 人不会改变 |
[1:04:59] | You don’t think people change? | 你不认为人会改变? |
[1:05:01] | No, that’s not… (HUSHlNG) | 我不是这意思 |
[1:05:05] | The police, they’re not out to persecute you? | 警方并没有迫害你? |
[1:05:08] | -No, they’re not. -No, they’re not. | – 没有 – 没错 |
[1:05:10] | The police are here to protect you. | 警方只想保护你 |
[1:05:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:05:15] | -Really? -Yes. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[1:05:19] | Well, that’s odd because when you were admitted, | 那就怪了,你刚入院时 |
[1:05:24] | you told the head nurse that the police were conspiring deliberately to punish you. | 告诉护士长说 警方故意要惩罚你 |
[1:05:31] | So, either the head nurse and the interns are also conspiring to punish you | 要不是护士也想故意惩罚你 |
[1:05:35] | or you’re changing your story. | 就是你又改变了说法 |
[1:05:44] | Do you often have trouble telling reality from fantasy, Mrs. Collins? | 你是不是经常 分不清现实和幻想? |
[1:06:05] | l’m sorry to bring you out in this weather, Detective, | 很抱歉又把你找来 |
[1:06:07] | but the boy has been quite insistent. | 不过那孩子坚持要见你 |
[1:06:09] | lt’s all right. l’ll see what he has to say so l can go home and get dry. | 没关系,听完他的话我就回家 |
[1:06:14] | lt’s raining cats, dogs, and Democrats out there, | 外面在下倾盆大雨 |
[1:06:17] | so this had better be worth it. | 最好值得我跑这一趟 |
[1:06:19] | You again, huh? | 又是你 |
[1:06:32] | Well? | 怎样? |
[1:06:36] | -This isn’t easy, okay? -Yeah? | 要我说出来很难 |
[1:06:38] | Driving my ass here in the pouring rain wasn’t easy either. | 要我在倾盆大雨中跑来也很难 |
[1:06:44] | My cousin is Gordon Northcott. He owns the ranch where you found me. | 我表哥是戈顿诺考特 你找到我的农场是他的 |
[1:06:50] | He said l could live there in exchange l watch the place when he’s gone, | 他说我帮他看家就能住在那里 |
[1:06:55] | doing chores and stuff like that. | 顺便做做家事之类的 |
[1:06:59] | Said l could stay as long as l wanted to. | 他说我想待多久都可以 |
[1:07:03] | l thought that meant l could leave whenever l wanted. Mmm. | 我以为我也可以随时离开 |
[1:07:07] | You saying that he held you prisoner? | 你是说他把你当囚犯? |
[1:07:09] | Bull. | 乱讲 |
[1:07:10] | When l got there, you were running around free as a Jaybird. | 我去的时候你到处乱跑 |
[1:07:13] | -Could’ve left any time you wanted. -No. | 不能随时离开才怪 |
[1:07:16] | So, what’s this, huh? | 这算什么? |
[1:07:18] | Some kind of story to cover why you’re in the country illegally? | 你想替你非法居留的事解套? |
[1:07:20] | No, it’s nothing like that. | 不是这样 |
[1:07:21] | ‘Cause l don’t have time for this, okay? | 我可没空听你瞎掰 |
[1:07:23] | -Listen to me! He said… -What? | 听我说,他说… |
[1:07:24] | What did he say? | 他说什么? |
[1:07:27] | He said that if l tried to leave, he’d kill me. | 他说我想离开就会杀死我 |
[1:07:30] | Look, you don’t understand what he’s like, | 你不知道他是什么人 |
[1:07:33] | what he… What we did, what he made me do. | 我们做了什么,他逼我做了什么 |
[1:07:39] | All right. Let’s start at the beginning then. | 好吧,那就从头说起吧 |
[1:07:47] | What’d he make you do? | 他逼你做了什么? |
[1:07:54] | -We killed some kids. -What? | – 我们杀死一些小孩 – 什么? |
[1:07:57] | Look, l didn’t mean to, l swear. He made me help him. | 我发誓我不是故意的 都是他逼我的 |
[1:08:01] | He said if l didn’t, he’d kill me, too. | 他说我不帮他就会杀死我 |
[1:08:03] | Look, you gotta help me, please. l’m so scared. | 你一定要帮我 我好怕 |
[1:08:06] | l don’t want to go to hell for killing kids. | 我不想因为杀小孩下地狱 |
[1:08:11] | What kids? What… What are you talking about? | 什么小孩?你在说什么? |
[1:08:14] | l don’t know. l never knew their names. | 我从来不知道他们的名字 |
[1:08:16] | Names? How many? How many kids? | 他们? 到底有多少小孩? |
[1:08:20] | All together? | 全部吗? |
[1:08:26] | About 20, l guess. | 大概有20个吧 |
[1:08:29] | No, you’re lying. | 你在说谎 |
[1:08:31] | No! lt’s true, l swear! | 不,我发誓这是真的 |
[1:08:33] | You’re gonna tell me you killed 20 kids? | 你是说你们杀死20个小孩? |
[1:08:35] | Yeah! Thereabouts. | 对 差不多吧 |
[1:08:41] | l stopped counting after a while. | 后来我就没在数了 |
[1:08:47] | Gordon said maybe one or two may have escaped. | 戈顿说有一、 两个小孩逃走 |
[1:08:54] | -But… -No. | 可是… |
[1:08:57] | Nobody can Just up and kill 20 kids, okay? | 没人能杀死20小孩不被人知道 |
[1:09:00] | We did. | 我们就能 |
[1:09:03] | We did. | 我们就可以 |
[1:09:07] | How? | 怎么杀死他们? |
[1:09:11] | Most times we’d Just have one or two. | 通常一次只有一、 两个 |
[1:09:15] | Sometimes as many as three. | 有时候有三个 |
[1:09:19] | I alwayS knew when we were getting ready to leave. | 他几时要出门我都知道 |
[1:09:25] | Clean up the car. | 他会把车子弄干净 |
[1:09:27] | Make Sure the tireS were good. | 确定轮胎有气 |
[1:09:31] | Check the engine. | 检查引擎 |
[1:09:34] | ‘CauSe he waS afraid that the car would break down | 他怕车子会在半路上抛锚 |
[1:09:39] | and we’d get caught. | 害我们被抓 |
[1:09:45] | We’d always go a different direction every time. | 我们每次都走不同方向 |
[1:09:50] | Never hit the same part of town twice. | 从来不去同样的地方两次 |
[1:09:52] | SometimeS we’d juSt drive around for hourS, | 有时候要开好久 |
[1:09:57] | till we found Somebody. | 才找到对象 |
[1:09:58] | GORDON: Well, there you are! | 你在这里 |
[1:10:00] | We’ve been looking for you like mad. | 我们一直在找你 |
[1:10:02] | -You have? -Sure thing. | – 是吗? – 当然了 |
[1:10:04] | Listen, your folks, they’ve been in an accident. | 你爸妈出了车祸 |
[1:10:08] | And they sent us to come find you. Now, they’re hurt real bad. | 他们伤得很重,我们是来找你的 |
[1:10:11] | The police took them to the hospital, but they didn’t have time to come find you, | 警察送他们到医院,但没时间找你 |
[1:10:14] | so we said that we would do it. | 所以我们就自告奋勇 |
[1:10:16] | Now, come on. | 快点 |
[1:10:17] | All right. Get in here. Hurry. | 上车吧,快点 |
[1:10:20] | Listen, we gotta get you to that hospital so you can see your folks. | 我们得送你到医院见你爸妈 |
[1:10:23] | SANFORD.; See, a lot of kidS won’t get in a car alone with a Stranger, | 很多小孩不会上陌生人的车 |
[1:10:26] | but when he’S got a kid there… | 不过车上也有小孩的话… |
[1:10:28] | There’s a good boy. | 乖孩子 |
[1:10:30] | Scoot over. Scoot over, San. | 挪过去一点 |
[1:10:31] | SANFORD.; …that made it eaSier. | …他们就比较容易上钩 |
[1:10:33] | l want you to hold on tight. | 坐好了 |
[1:10:34] | They’d look at me and Say… We’ve got a long way to go. | 他们会看着我想… |
[1:10:37] | ”Hey, if he’S Safe… ” And we are gonna fly. | 他都没事 |
[1:10:39] | ”…I gueSS I will be, too. ” | 我猜我也不会有事 |
[1:10:44] | Every time they got in the truck, | 他们每次上车 |
[1:10:47] | l Just wanted to die. | 我都好想死 |
[1:10:50] | As soon as we got back to the ranch, they went in the coop. | 他一回到农场就把他们关进鸡舍 |
[1:10:55] | You boys hungry? Huh? | 你们饿了吗? |
[1:10:58] | Watch the door, Sanford! | 把门关好 |
[1:11:00] | Hey! Watch the door! | 我叫你把门关好 |
[1:11:03] | What’s the matter? l’m not gonna hurt you. | 怎么了?我不会伤害你们 |
[1:11:05] | Are you worried that l’m gonna hurt you? l’m not gonna hurt you. | 你们怕我会伤害你们? 我不会伤害你们 |
[1:11:08] | Huh? Come here. | 过来 |
[1:11:10] | -BOY: No! No! No! No! Please! -l would never hurt you. | 我绝对不会伤害你们 |
[1:11:12] | SANFORD: Some days he’d do them right off. | 有时候他会马上杀死他们 |
[1:11:16] | Other days he’d wait, pick up a few more, | 有时候 他会等到有更多小孩 |
[1:11:23] | until he had about four or five of them. | 直到有四、 五个小孩 |
[1:11:28] | BOY: No! No! No! GORDON: No what? No what, huh? | – 不要! – 不要什么? |
[1:11:32] | Come on. Come on. Come on! | 给我过来! |
[1:11:33] | Sanford, keep your eye on that door! | 桑佛,把门看好 |
[1:11:44] | He’d sometimes leave Just one or two of them alive, barely, anyway. | 有时候他会饶过一、 两个 反正他们伤得很重 |
[1:11:51] | He’d say, ”Finish them, San. | 他会说: 桑佛,解决他们 |
[1:11:55] | ”Finish them or… Finish them or l’ll finish you.” | 不然我就会把你解决掉 |
[1:12:01] | And l did. | 于是我就乖乖听话 |
[1:12:04] | And l killed them. And l did. l killed them. Oh, God, l killed them! | 我杀死他们 我杀死他们,天啊,我杀死他们 |
[1:12:12] | (SOBBlNG) Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[1:12:19] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[1:12:22] | These kids. | 这些小孩 |
[1:12:24] | You think if you saw them again, you think you might be able to recognize them? | 你看到他们认得出来吗? |
[1:12:29] | l don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:12:31] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:12:33] | Hey, l haven’t updated these in a while, but still. | 我有一阵子没更新了 不过应该… |
[1:12:39] | lt should be. Just go through these, okay? | 我要你看这些照片 |
[1:12:48] | lf you see any you recognize, Just put them down on the table here. | 认得的话就放在桌上 |
[1:13:31] | l’m sorry! | 对不起! |
[1:13:39] | -Oh, my God. -l didn’t mean to… He made me. | – 天啊 – 我不是故意的,是他逼我的 |
[1:13:46] | (SNlFFLlNG) | 柯华特 九岁- 洛杉矶 |
[1:13:49] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[1:13:54] | This one. Look at me. | 这一个,看着我 |
[1:13:59] | You’re sure? | 你确定? |
[1:14:05] | l’m sure. | 确定 |
[1:14:10] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷 |
[1:14:11] | (SOBBlNG) Oh, God! Oh, God! | 天啊! 天啊! |
[1:14:15] | Jesus Christ. | 老天爷 |
[1:14:18] | Son of a bitch. | 我不敢相信 |
[1:14:26] | Well, he’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[1:14:27] | Have you gone soft in the head, Les? | 你心软了吗? |
[1:14:29] | -Twenty kids, sir. -He’S playing you. | – 20个小孩子 – 他在耍你 |
[1:14:31] | He knows he’s in trouble, so he’s come up with some cock and bull story about how he was forced to stay in the country. | 他知道惹上麻烦 所以掰出他得待在美国的原因 |
[1:14:36] | With all due respect, sir, l don’t think so. You didn’t see him. | 恕我直言,我不这么认为 你没看到他 |
[1:14:39] | This kid, he’s scared half out of his mind. | 他被吓得半死 |
[1:14:41] | He picked the Collins kid. We found him, remember? | 他抓走柯氏小孩,我们找到他了 |
[1:14:45] | Haven’t you been reading the papers? | 你都没在看报纸吗? |
[1:14:47] | -Or maybe you have, is that it? -Sir, if you’d juSt liSten to me… | – 还是你有在看? – 请你听我说… |
[1:14:50] | l’m sorry, Captain, but he’s here again. | 抱歉,他又来了 |
[1:14:52] | -Who? -That Reverend Briegleb. | – 谁? – 布牧师 |
[1:14:53] | He’s asking about Christine Collins. | 他在问克莉丝汀的事 |
[1:14:55] | Well, you tell that son of a bitch to get the hell off of police property, | 告诉那王八蛋别管警察的事 |
[1:14:58] | or l’ll have him arrested for disturbing the peace. | 不然就以扰乱安宁罪名逮捕他 |
[1:15:00] | l tried. He said he won’t leave, him or his friends. | 我试过,他说他们不会走 |
[1:15:03] | What? | 什么? |
[1:15:07] | What the hell! | 搞什么? |
[1:15:10] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[1:15:16] | Jesus Jumped down. | 我的老天爷 |
[1:15:18] | YBARRA.; Captain? | 队长? |
[1:15:21] | Listen to me. You’re to do nothing except get back here. | 听我说,我要你直接回局里 |
[1:15:24] | Sir, departmental policy requireS that all allegations of homicide have to be investigated. | 警局规定只要是命案都必须调查 |
[1:15:29] | These are kids, for Christ sake. | 他们只是孩子 |
[1:15:30] | Departmental policy is what l say it is. | 我说的话才是规定 |
[1:15:31] | Now, l’m ordering you to get your ass back here with that kid, you got that? | 我命令你带着那孩子回来 |
[1:15:35] | You don’t talk to anybody and you bring me that kid. You got it? | 别跟任何人说,把那孩子带来 明白吗? |
[1:15:38] | Nobody! | 谁都别说 |
[1:15:52] | -BRlEGLEB: Captain Jones. -Boys. | – 琼斯队长 – 各位 |
[1:15:54] | What the hell have you done with Christine Collins? | 你把克莉丝汀怎么了? |
[1:15:57] | And don’t try and lie your way out of it, | 别想唬弄我们 |
[1:15:59] | because several of her neighbors saw her being driven away in a police car. | 她的邻居看到她被警车载走 |
[1:16:04] | Mrs. Collins has been placed in protective custody | 柯太太精神崩溃之后 |
[1:16:06] | following a mental breakdown. | 被送到精神病房 |
[1:16:10] | A what? | 什么? |
[1:16:12] | She’s getting the best treatment available. And that will be all. | 她在接受最好的治疗,就这样 |
[1:16:19] | NURSE: Next. | 下一个 |
[1:16:21] | -Go on. Move up. -For what? | – 快去 – 做什么? |
[1:16:22] | -Medication. -Medication for what? | – 吃药 – 吃什么药? |
[1:16:24] | The kind that’s good for you. Help you relax. | 对你好的药,帮你放松 |
[1:16:27] | -Well, l don’t want to relax. -Come on. | 我不想放松 |
[1:16:28] | -l’m not gonna take something… -We can force-feed you -if that’s what you want. -l don’t know what it is! | – 也不想乱吃药 – 我们可以逼你吃药 |
[1:16:33] | -Dr. Steele? -l understand. Come on. | 史医生? |
[1:16:36] | l don’t wanna take anything that l don’t know what it is. | 我不想乱吃药 |
[1:16:38] | There’s nothing wrong with me that l need medication. | 我没有病,不必吃药 |
[1:16:40] | There’s nothing wrong with you. | 你没有病 |
[1:16:45] | -No, there’s nothing wrong. -No. | – 对,我没有病 – 没错 |
[1:16:48] | -You’re fine. -Yes, l am. | – 你很正常 – 没错 |
[1:16:50] | Well, then you shouldn’t have any trouble signing this. | 那你就应该可以签这份文件 |
[1:16:56] | By signing it, you certify that you were wrong | 证明你说警方带回的小孩 |
[1:16:59] | when you stated the boy returned to you by the police was not your son. | 不是你儿子这件事是错的 |
[1:17:02] | lt further stipulates that the police were right | 而且警方送你入院没有错 |
[1:17:04] | in sending you here for observation and it absolves them | 他们不必负任何责任 |
[1:17:06] | of all responsibility. Sign it. | 快签名 |
[1:17:09] | l won’t sign that. | 我不签 |
[1:17:11] | l won’t sign that. | 我不签 |
[1:17:13] | Well, then your condition is not improved. | 那你的病情就没有好转 |
[1:17:16] | Sign it, and you can be out of here first thing tomorrow morning. | 签了名,明天一早就能离开 |
[1:17:21] | But l wasn’t wrong. | 我没错 |
[1:17:23] | He’s not my son. My son is still missing. | 他不是我儿子 我儿子仍然失踪 |
[1:17:25] | Mrs. Collins, you’re becoming agitated. | 柯太太,你太激动了 |
[1:17:28] | Yes, l’m, yes… l’m not signing that, because he’s not my son! | 对,不过我不签,他不是我儿子 |
[1:17:32] | Orderly! -He’s not my son! -Orderly! | – 警卫! – 他不是我儿子! |
[1:17:35] | My son is missing! | 我儿子失踪了! |
[1:17:36] | -The patient is becoming hysterical! -No! My son is missing! | – 病人变得歇斯底里 – 我儿子失踪了! |
[1:17:38] | See to it she is sedated properly. | 让她安静下来 |
[1:17:40] | -Get her out of here. -No! No! No! -Next! -No! | – 把她带走 – 不! 不! |
[1:17:51] | -CHRlSTlNE: No! -Open your mouth. Open, open your mouth. | 张开嘴巴 |
[1:17:53] | ORDERLY: Easy! NURSE: You got her? | 别乱动 |
[1:17:55] | -God! -Swallow it. | 吞下去 |
[1:17:57] | Stop it! | 住手! |
[1:18:00] | NURSE: Move back. | 退后 |
[1:18:01] | -You! -ORDERLY: Get her out of here! ORDERLY: Come on, you got her? | 把她带走 |
[1:18:04] | Stay out of this! This is none of your business! | 别管这件事 这不关你事 |
[1:18:05] | This is police business! All of you! | 这是警务 |
[1:18:07] | (CHRlSTlNE MOANlNG) You’ll stay out of it if you know what’s good for you! | 你们都不准插手 |
[1:18:09] | You’d think you were in enough trouble with the law already, being a whore, wouldn’t you? | 你这婊子犯了法还敢管别人? |
[1:18:15] | Attacking a staff member. Room 18. | 攻击医护人员,18号房 |
[1:18:18] | No, no! Stop it! No! No! No! | 不! 住手! 住手! |
[1:19:39] | Come on, kid. | 来吧,孩子 |
[1:19:47] | (DOOR SHUTTlNG) | 柯华特 九岁 |
[1:20:05] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[1:20:07] | -lt’s all right, l can take it from here. -But l got… | 没关系,让我来 |
[1:20:09] | We need him for questioning. | 我们得讯问他 |
[1:20:10] | -MAN: Like l said, it was dark. -Thanks. Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:20:13] | Brady, Ross. | 布莱迪、 罗斯 |
[1:20:14] | You’ve Just been requisitioned for backup. l’ll explain on the way. | 支援我 |
[1:20:36] | You shouldn’t have done that. PATlENT: Please, let me out! ORDERLY: Get in there! | 你不该那么做 |
[1:20:39] | Wanted to. | 老娘我想 |
[1:20:41] | Felt good. PATlENT: Let me out! No! Please! No! ORDERLY: You got her? | 好爽哦 |
[1:20:46] | l lost two babies to back alley doctors. | 我找密医拿掉两个小孩 |
[1:20:51] | No choice. | 别无选择 |
[1:20:56] | Never had the chance to fight for them. | 我没机会替他们奋战 |
[1:21:00] | You do. | 你有机会 |
[1:21:02] | Don’t stop. | 别放弃 |
[1:21:05] | l won’t. | 我不会的 |
[1:21:11] | Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. | 去他们和他们骑的马 |
[1:21:17] | That’s not exactly language for a lady. | 淑女不该骂脏话 |
[1:21:21] | Hell. | 管它的 |
[1:21:23] | There are times that’s exactly the right language to use. | 有时候就该骂脏话 |
[1:21:28] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[1:21:30] | When you’ve got nothing left to lose. | 当你全都豁出去的时候 |
[1:21:34] | You’re not supposed to be here! Mmm. Mmm. | 你不该进来 |
[1:22:00] | Stay there. Check the house. Check the barn. | 留在车上,检查屋子 检查谷仓 |
[1:22:13] | lt’s all clear. | 没有人 |
[1:22:15] | DETECTlVE: Clear here. | 这里也一样 |
[1:22:17] | Bring me that shovel. | 把铲子给我 |
[1:22:23] | YBARRA: All right. Let’s go. | 好,走吧 |
[1:22:30] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:22:35] | You’re gonna show me. | 你要指给我看 |
[1:22:43] | Come on. Show me. | 指给我看 |
[1:23:05] | This it? | 这里吗? |
[1:23:08] | -You sure? -Yeah. | – 你确定? – 确定 |
[1:23:14] | Dig. | 挖吧 |
[1:23:18] | You put them in the ground, you can take them out of the ground. | 你能把他们埋进去也能挖出来 |
[1:23:22] | Go on. Dig. | 快点,挖呀 |
[1:23:25] | You heard me. Dig. | 听到吗,快挖 |
[1:24:13] | My God. | 老天爷 |
[1:24:31] | Call it in. | 立刻回报 |
[1:24:33] | Get the coroner and every officer in a 20-mile radius here inside the hour. | 把方圆20哩的员警和验尸官找来 |
[1:24:37] | Then put out an APB on Gordon Stewart Northcott. | 然后发出戈顿诺考特的通缉令 |
[1:24:41] | The information’s in my car. Go on. | 资料在我车上,快去 |
[1:24:49] | You can stop, son. | 你可以住手了 |
[1:24:56] | You can stop now. lt’s over. Hey. | 别再挖了,结束了 |
[1:24:59] | We’ll take it, we can take it from here. We can take it from… | 让我们来接手,我们来接手 |
[1:25:09] | We can take it from here, okay? lt’s over. | 我们会接手,好吗? 结束了 |
[1:25:18] | lt’s okay. | 结束了,孩子 |
[1:25:22] | lt’s okay. lt’s okay. | 没事了 |
[1:25:24] | lt’s all over. Okay? | 一切都结束了 |
[1:25:29] | File. | 档案 |
[1:25:36] | Privacy, please. | 回避一下 |
[1:25:43] | l see that you’ve been refusing medication, requiring force feeding. NURSE: All right, Michael. Lunchtime? | 你拒绝吃药,护士得逼你吃 |
[1:25:49] | Six days, Mrs. Collins, and no progress. | 六天了,一点进展也没有 |
[1:25:53] | We may have to move on to more strenuous therapies. | 也许得用更激烈的疗法 |
[1:25:57] | Unless you’re willing to prove that you’re doing better | 除非你在这份文件上签名 |
[1:26:02] | by signing this. | 证明你好了 |
[1:26:07] | Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. | 去你和你骑的马 |
[1:26:15] | Room 18. | 18号房 |
[1:26:24] | l want to talk to somebody in charge, right now! | 我要立刻和主管说话 |
[1:26:28] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:26:29] | Who is in charge here? | 谁是这里的主管? |
[1:26:33] | NURSE: Open. | 张嘴 |
[1:26:35] | l’m the head doctor on duty. | 我是主治医师 |
[1:26:36] | You’re the doctor who locked up Christine Collins? | 你把克莉丝汀柯林斯关起来? |
[1:26:39] | l’m sorry, sir. | 抱歉 |
[1:26:40] | We don’t discuss cases with anyone other than family. | 我们不跟外人讨论病情 |
[1:26:41] | Oh, you’ll damn well discuss this one. Read it. | 你非得讨论不可,拿去看 |
[1:26:44] | -Sir. -Read it. | – 先生 – 看呀 |
[1:26:52] | Stop. | 住手 |
[1:27:02] | Mrs. Collins, one last time. | 柯太太,我再问最后一次 |
[1:27:03] | Are you or are you not prepared to sign that letter? | 你到底要不要签那份文件? |
[1:27:07] | No. | 不要 |
[1:27:12] | You’re free to leave. | 你可以离开了 |
[1:27:17] | What? | 什么? |
[1:27:19] | Your clothes are in the next room. You can change there. | 你的衣物在隔壁房,去换吧 |
[1:27:23] | -ln the next room? -Yes. That’s right. | – 隔壁房? – 对 |
[1:27:27] | See to it. | 快去换衣服 |
[1:27:33] | Christ. NURSE 1 : Long as it’s not the original. NURSE 2: No, it’s not. | 天啊 |
[1:27:44] | Nurse, l wanna see every piece of paper you have on the case of Mrs. Christine Collins, | 护士 我要看有关柯太太的每份文件 |
[1:27:48] | and l want to see it right now, do you understand me? | 现在就要看 |
[1:27:50] | Every piece. When will she be coming out? | 每一份都要 她几时会出来? |
[1:27:57] | BOY: Hurricane hits West Palm Beach! | 飓风袭击棕榈滩 |
[1:27:59] | Babe Ruth hits 53rd home run! | 贝比鲁斯击出第53支全垒打 |
[1:28:02] | -Kids found murdered in Riverside! -MAN: There it is. | 河滨郡发现遇害小孩 |
[1:28:04] | Biggest crime in Los Angeles history! | 洛城史上最重大的犯罪 |
[1:28:07] | Collins boy assumed dead! | 柯家男孩被视为死亡 |
[1:28:11] | Read it here! Read it here! | 号外! 号外! |
[1:28:18] | Mrs. Collins, l’m so sorry. | 柯太太,非常遗憾 |
[1:28:25] | Captain, your handling of the Christine Collins case | 你处理柯林斯一案的方法 |
[1:28:27] | has exposed this department to public ridicule. | 让警局受到大众嘲笑 |
[1:28:31] | There is even the possibility of civil and criminal liability. | 甚至有可能要负刑事和民事责任 |
[1:28:35] | Sir, nobody could’ve known what was happening up at that ranch. | 没人知道那座农场发生的事 |
[1:28:38] | Not us, the sheriff’s department, or the marshal’s office. | 我们、 警长或保安官都不知情 |
[1:28:41] | And as for the Collins woman, | 至于姓柯的女人 |
[1:28:43] | l’m still not convinced that her boy is among the victims up in Wineville. | 我还是不相信她儿子遇害 |
[1:28:46] | -No? -No. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[1:28:49] | There were four other photos of missing boys that looked a lot like him. | 有四个失踪男孩长得很像他 |
[1:28:52] | The Clark kid could’ve been mistaken. | 桑佛克拉克可能搞错了 |
[1:28:54] | Maybe he was. | 也许吧 |
[1:28:55] | Which begs the obvious question. Who cares? | 不过谁在乎呀? |
[1:29:00] | Sir? | 长官? |
[1:29:01] | The mayor wants this to go away. l want this to go away. | 市长想了断这件事,我也想 |
[1:29:06] | The way you do that is to stop insisting that Walter Collins | 所以你不要再坚持柯家男孩 |
[1:29:09] | is not among those boys killed up at that goddamn ranch. | 没有在那座农场遇害 |
[1:29:12] | Because if the boy you brought back is not Walter Collins, | 如果你带回来的男孩不是柯华特 |
[1:29:15] | and he’s not dead up at that ranch, then where the hell is he? | 他又没遇害,那他到底在哪里? |
[1:29:18] | People are gonna want to know why we haven’t found him. Why we’re not doing our Job. | 民众会想知道为什么找不到他 |
[1:29:22] | But if, on the other hand, | 从另一方面来看 |
[1:29:25] | he is, or could be, among those poor boys killed up in Wineville, | 要是他是遇害男孩其中一个 |
[1:29:29] | then the inquiries stop. | 就不会有人继续质问 |
[1:29:33] | lt’s a momentary embarrassment you’re Just gonna have to live with. | 你得接受这暂时的耻辱 |
[1:29:37] | Better a short inconvenience than a lingering problem, wouldn’t you say, Captain? | 长痛不如短痛 你说对吧,队长? |
[1:29:42] | Yes, sir. | 是,长官 |
[1:29:43] | The boy’s been gone nearly a year. | 那孩子失踪快一年了 |
[1:29:45] | lf he was going to be found, it would’ve happened by now. | 能被找到早就被找到了 |
[1:29:48] | Whether he was up at that ranch or not, the truth is he probably is dead somewhere. | 不管他是不是被拐到农场 事实是他大概已经死了 |
[1:29:52] | Better his mother accept that now than later, don’t you think? | 最好让他母亲接受这个事实 |
[1:29:56] | -Yes, sir. -Good. | – 是,长官 – 很好 |
[1:29:58] | That’ll be all, Captain. | 就这样 |
[1:30:02] | That’s how you want it, then l guess we’re done here. | 你不说实话,那就到此为止 |
[1:30:05] | Tell county Jail we’re remanding him for trial. | 把他还押到郡立监狱 |
[1:30:07] | Wait. l didn’t do anything. l wasn’t even here when it happened. | 我又没做错事,他被杀我又不在 |
[1:30:12] | By pretending to be Walter Collins, | 你冒充柯华特 |
[1:30:14] | you’re interfering in a police investigation of a kidnapping and murder. | 就算妨碍警方调查掳人谋杀案 |
[1:30:17] | We can try you as accomplice to that murder after the fact. | 我们可以告你是共犯 |
[1:30:20] | That’s too bad. | 真可惜 |
[1:30:22] | County Jail is a lot worse than a Juvenile hall or a foster home. | 郡立监狱比青少年收容所更糟 |
[1:30:26] | lt’s a lot worse. | 而且糟很多 |
[1:30:29] | You can’t do that. l’m Just a kid. | 你不能这么做,我只是个小孩 |
[1:30:34] | Sanford Clark’s a kid, too. Fifteen. He’s going to Jail. | 桑佛克拉克也是小孩,15岁 他要坐牢 |
[1:30:39] | All murderers and their accomplices go to Jail. Everybody knows that. | 杀人犯和共犯都要坐牢 |
[1:30:45] | Get him out of here. lt’s out of my hands now. | 把他带走吧,我管不着了 |
[1:30:48] | Wait. l don’t want to go to Jail. | 等等,我不想坐牢 |
[1:31:01] | Prove it. | 那就说实话 |
[1:31:04] | l… l knew Los Angeles is where they make the Tom Mix movies. | 汤姆米克斯在洛杉矶拍电影 |
[1:31:09] | l figured if l could meet Tom Mix maybe he would let me ride on his horse. | 如果我见到他 搞不好他会让我骑他的马 |
[1:31:16] | His horse is named Tony. Did you know that? | 他的马叫东尼,你知道吗? |
[1:31:22] | -How are you feeling? -CHRlSTlNE: All right. | – 你感觉如何? – 很好 |
[1:31:26] | The police still have a car outside. | 外面还是有一辆警车 |
[1:31:28] | l guess they’re waiting to see what your next move is going to be. | 我猜他们想看你下一步是什么 |
[1:31:33] | -l’m going home. -And then? | – 我要回家 – 然后呢? |
[1:31:35] | Then, l’ve been giving it a lot of thought. | 我想了很久 |
[1:31:37] | And what they did to those women, and what they did about Walter. | 他们是怎么对待那些女人和华特 |
[1:31:43] | l used to always tell him, | 我常告诉他 |
[1:31:44] | ”You never start a fight, but you always finish it.” | 不准找架打,打了就要坚持到底 |
[1:31:46] | And l didn’t start this fight, but l’m gonna finish it. | 这场架不是我开始的 但是我要坚持到底 |
[1:31:50] | Mrs. Collins, right now you’re a sufficiently high profile that l think | 柯太太,你现在是公众人物 |
[1:31:55] | even the police would hesitate to go after you out in the open, | 就连警方也不敢公开对你怎样 |
[1:31:59] | but l have to warn you that could change very quickly | 不过我得警告你 当他们觉得受到威胁 |
[1:32:01] | if they feel their position threatened. | 情况很快会变 |
[1:32:04] | Very quickly indeed. | 而且变得非常快 |
[1:32:07] | What are they gonna do to me now? | 他们能拿我怎样? |
[1:32:12] | They got nothing. | 他们什么也没有 |
[1:32:16] | l’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[1:32:42] | Hi, sis. | 嗨,老姐 |
[1:32:44] | Gordon. | 戈顿 |
[1:32:45] | l didn’t know you were back in town. | 我不知道你回来了 |
[1:32:48] | Yeah, l got in a couple of days ago, figured l’d surprise you. | 我前几天才到,想给你个惊喜 |
[1:32:53] | -ls that okay? -Yes. Yes, of course. Of course, come on in. | – 可以吗? – 当然可以,进来吧 |
[1:32:59] | Where’s that little niece of mine? | 我的小侄女呢? |
[1:33:02] | She went into town. Should be back this evening. | 她进城了,傍晚就回来 |
[1:33:06] | -Bob’s here. -Oh, good. | – 巴布也在家 – 很好 |
[1:33:08] | l was gonna ask if l could stay on a couple days. | 我想问能不能待几天 |
[1:33:10] | -Staying? -Yeah. | – 待在这里? – 对 |
[1:33:13] | Listen, can l use your bathroom? | 我能借用浴室吗? |
[1:33:16] | lt’s been a long ride and l could really use a shower. | 我搭了好久的车,想要洗个澡 |
[1:33:18] | -Of course. -Okay. | 没问题 |
[1:33:20] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[1:33:36] | ls that… | 那是… |
[1:33:38] | All right, go next door. l’ll call the police. Hurry. | 到隔壁家,我打电话报警 快点 |
[1:33:46] | Operator. How may I connect you? | 总机,您要接哪里? |
[1:33:48] | He’s upstairs, sir. | 他在楼上 |
[1:33:49] | Go around the other side! Cut him off! | 绕到后面! 堵住他! |
[1:33:58] | Mrs. Collins, l’d like you to meet my friend, Mr. Hahn. | 柯太太,这是我朋友韩先生 |
[1:34:02] | Mrs. Collins, my deepest condolences on your loss. | 柯太太 请你节哀顺变 |
[1:34:07] | May we come in? | 我们能进去吗? |
[1:34:12] | l appreciate the sentiment, but they’ve yet to find… To identify the remains as my son. | 多谢你的安慰 不过还没找到我儿子的遗体 |
[1:34:21] | l’m afraid it never gets any easier. | 接受事实并不容易 |
[1:34:25] | l lost a daughter to polio five years ago. | 我女儿五年前死于小儿麻痹症 |
[1:34:27] | There’s not a day goes by when l don’t think, ”l should mention this to Claudine.” | 我几乎每天都有事想跟她说 |
[1:34:32] | Then l remember she’s not here. | 然后才发现她不在了 |
[1:34:37] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[1:34:43] | l’ve been on the phone all morning with the appointment secretary of the police commission. | 我一直在跟局长的秘书通电话 |
[1:34:48] | They said that they won’t let me testify at the hearing or call witnesses. | 他们说不会让我在听证会上作证 |
[1:34:52] | That it won’t be necessary. | 也不会传唤不必要的证人 |
[1:34:54] | l know. My sources say the police commission | 我知道,我的消息来源说 |
[1:34:56] | is going to say that Jones and the LAPD did absolutely nothing wrong, | 局长会说琼斯和警方没犯错 |
[1:35:01] | and that the real blame lies with the kid and with you | 错全都怪在你身上 |
[1:35:04] | for being difficult and forcing them to put you away for your own safety. | 你不肯合作 他们不得不把你关起来 |
[1:35:12] | Then l guess l would have to hire a lawyer, file a civil suit. | 我猜我得请律师提出民事告诉 |
[1:35:17] | l went to the best attorney in town, | 我去找洛城最好的律师 |
[1:35:19] | a man who’s sued this city four times and won. | 他告市府四次,四次都胜诉 |
[1:35:22] | Unfortunately, we can’t afford to really hire him. | 可惜我们请不起他 |
[1:35:25] | l see. | 我了解 |
[1:35:26] | Which is why l’m doing this pro bono. | 所以我愿意免费服务 |
[1:35:29] | lt would be my honor to defend your honor, Mrs. Collins. | 我很荣幸代表你打官司 |
[1:35:33] | ln my 15 years as a lawyer, | 我当了15年的律师 |
[1:35:34] | l have never seen anyone fight as long or as hard as you have, | 没看过有人像你这么努力奋战 |
[1:35:38] | in what is so clearly in the cause of Justice. | 而且很显然是为了正义而战 |
[1:35:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:35:49] | -Yes? May l… -My name is S.S. Hahn, | – 什么事? – 我姓韩 |
[1:35:51] | and l have a court order for the immediate release of all women being detained | 我有法院命令要求立刻释放 |
[1:35:54] | in this institution under the designation code 1 2 | 假藉第12条法规之名 |
[1:35:57] | pending a formal inquiry into the reasons for their detainment. | 被关进医院的所有女性病患 |
[1:36:01] | l’m sorry, the doctor in charge is not here | 对不起,主治医生不在 |
[1:36:03] | -until the morning. -Madam, let me be clearer. | 女士,让我说得更清楚 |
[1:36:05] | Either you will produce the people named in that court order, | 你不释放法院命令上的人 |
[1:36:07] | or you will find yourself behind bars, and l mean without a key. | 就会被关进没有钥匙的大牢 |
[1:36:11] | -l can’t authorize you… -Madam, stand aside. | – 我不能让你… – 女士,让开 |
[1:36:58] | REPORTER 1 : Mr. Northcott, how are you feeling? l’m feeling fine. | – 你感觉怎样? – 棒呆了 |
[1:37:01] | l’ve been on a little vacation, as some of you know. | 我去度了个假 |
[1:37:04] | (CHUCKLlNG) lt was a really pleasant vacation. | 真的很好玩 |
[1:37:07] | The police have certainly provided me with a lot of amusement. | 警方提供了很多娱乐 |
[1:37:10] | -REPORTER 3: How long you been in hiding? -How did you avoid capture? | 你怎么逃掉被捕的命运? |
[1:37:14] | -Well, l didn’t, did l? -PHOTOGRAPHER: One more shot! | 我并没有逃掉,对吧? |
[1:37:16] | REPORTER 4: Have you seen your picture in the paper? | 你看到你在报上的照片吗? |
[1:37:19] | (CHUCKLlNG) Didn’t know anybody wanted me until Just recently. | 我最近才知道警方在通缉我 |
[1:37:22] | Didn’t even try. | 我根本连想都没想到 |
[1:37:25] | My luggage still has my initials on it, fellas. | 我的行李还有我的名字在上面 |
[1:37:28] | REPORTER 5: Did you know why the police were after you? | 你知道警方为什么抓你吗? |
[1:37:30] | No, but l figured it’d be a good idea if l were to Just stay out of it. | 不知道,不过我猜最好躲起来 |
[1:37:33] | REPORTER 6: Any remorse, sir? | 你有悔意吗? |
[1:37:34] | REPORTER 7: Do you have anything to say to the parents of the children you murdered? | 你有话对那些孩子的父母说吗? |
[1:37:39] | -No comment. -PHOTOGRAPHER: One more shot, this way! | 不予置评 |
[1:37:43] | Mayor Cryer. This is unexpected. | 市长,真没想到 |
[1:37:47] | So was this. Subpoenas, requests for depositions, interrogatories. | 我也没想到会收到这些 传票,要求提出口供 |
[1:37:52] | All courtesy of Mr. Hahn and his new client, Christine Collins. | 全都是韩律师和柯太太搞的鬼 |
[1:37:56] | You don’t have to look them over too closely, Chief. | 你不必仔细看 |
[1:37:58] | Your own copies should be coming any time now. | 你也会收到 |
[1:38:01] | The city council has also agreed to look into this, starting immediately. | 市议会也同意立刻进行调查 |
[1:38:04] | -God damn it! -l thought this was supposed to go away. | – 该死 – 我以为会小事化无的 |
[1:38:09] | This is an election year. l can’t afford this kind of press. | 今年要选举,这种新闻对我不利 |
[1:38:12] | lt is going away, sir. l’ve instructed Captain Jones to deal with it. | 这件事会不了了之 我已经命令琼斯队长去处理 |
[1:38:15] | l’m afraid, falling on his sword and saying he made a mistake isn’t going to be good enough, Chief. | 他光是跪下来认错还不够 |
[1:38:21] | lf we take him out of the picture for a while, | 如果暂时让他避避风头 |
[1:38:24] | Just might help calm things down until the hearing’s finished. | 也许能在听证会结束前化解此事 |
[1:38:46] | -What is happening? -MAN: Didn’t you hear? lt’s the biggest protest l’ve ever seen. | – 发生什么事? – 这是我见过最大的抗议游行 |
[1:38:50] | -Protest? -Yeah. | 抗议游行? |
[1:38:51] | Over the Collins broad, if you can believe that. | 全是为了姓柯的女人 |
[1:39:04] | CROWD: (CHANTlNG) We want Justice! We want Justice! | 我们要正义! 我们要正义! |
[1:39:10] | Oh, my! | 天啊 |
[1:39:18] | CHRlSTlNE: Mr. Harris. | 哈先生 |
[1:39:20] | The Lord works in mysterious ways, Mrs. Collins. | 看来上帝自有安排 |
[1:39:24] | Boy, does he ever. | 真是没想到 |
[1:39:43] | THORPE.; LadieS and gentlemen, can I have your attention, pleaSe? | 各位,请听我说 |
[1:39:46] | There are more people gathered in this chamber | 这座大厅从来没有 |
[1:39:49] | than have ever been in this room before. | 挤进这么多人 |
[1:39:51] | Therefore, l ask you to refrain from demonstrations of any kind. | 因此请各位不要大声抗议 |
[1:39:55] | CROWD: Tell the truth! Tell the truth! (PEOPLE SHOUTlNG) | 说出真相! 说出真相! |
[1:39:56] | We are all here because we want to know the real facts in this case. | 我们都想知道真相才会齐聚一堂 |
[1:40:00] | And everybody is going to be heard if we have to sit here for a week. | 不管要多久,每位证人都能发言 |
[1:40:04] | Mr. Thorpe, l don’t see any members of the police commission. | 议长,我没看到警局的代表 |
[1:40:11] | THORPE: Are there any members of the police department in the room? | 这里有警局代表吗? |
[1:40:14] | ls Chief Davis here? | 戴维斯局长在吗? |
[1:40:17] | ls Captain Jones here? | 琼斯队长在吗? |
[1:40:22] | Mrs. Collins, could you come across the street with me for Just a moment? | 请你跟我到对街一下 |
[1:40:26] | There’s something l think you should see. | 有件事你应该看看 |
[1:40:28] | THORPE: Well, l hate to call a recess before we’ve even started, | 我不想在开始前就先休庭 |
[1:40:31] | but l think a few phone calls are in order. | 不过我们要打几通电话 |
[1:40:36] | The police decided it’d be best to keep this off the main docket | 警方决定低调处理这场审判 |
[1:40:39] | in order to avoid exactly the sort of chaos we have across the street. | 避免引起对街的那种混乱情况 |
[1:40:56] | Mrs. Collins. l’m Leanne Clay. | 柯太太 我是莲安克雷 |
[1:41:00] | -This is my husband, John. -Hi. | 我先生约翰 |
[1:41:03] | l Just wanted to pass along my sympathies. | 我只想请你节哀顺变 |
[1:41:06] | What we went through waiting to hear anything | 光是等大卫的消息就够难熬了 |
[1:41:09] | about our son David was bad enough, now this. | 现在又要看这场审判 |
[1:41:14] | But what the police did to you, there was no call for that. | 不过警方没有理由那么对你 |
[1:41:18] | No call at all. | 完全没道理 |
[1:41:22] | BAlLlFF: All rise. | 起立 |
[1:41:33] | -Please, be seated. -Bailiff. | – 请坐 – 法警 |
[1:41:51] | l saw you in the papers. | 我在报上看过你 |
[1:41:54] | You got a lot of moxie, standing up to the police like that. | 你敢杠上警方很带种 |
[1:42:03] | The defendant will please rise. | 被告请起立 |
[1:42:10] | Gordon Stewart Northcott, | 戈顿诺考特 |
[1:42:12] | you’ve been charged with three counts of murder in the first degree, | 你以三项一级谋杀罪被起诉 |
[1:42:17] | with an additional 1 7 counts under review by the district attorney’s office. | 另外还有17项仍在调查 |
[1:42:21] | How do you plea? | 你的答辩是什么? |
[1:42:24] | Not guilty, Your Honor. | 无罪,法官大人 |
[1:42:30] | You may sit, Mr. Northcott. | 你可以坐下来了 |
[1:42:37] | ln light of the defendant’s penchant for international travel, no bail will be set. | 由于被告喜欢旅行 不准交保 |
[1:42:42] | This court will hear preliminary motions by tomorrow morning. | 本庭将于明早之前听完预审动议 |
[1:42:45] | JONES: The boy, Walter Collins, was reported as missing, March 10, 1928. | 柯华特这个男孩 于1928年3月10日被报失踪 |
[1:42:51] | We then instituted a nationwide search. | 我们立刻展开全国性协寻 |
[1:42:54] | On August 18th, we received a cable indicating that a boy | 8月18日收到一通电报说 |
[1:42:58] | matching his description was found in DeKalb, lllinois. | 他在伊利诺州迪卡柏被寻获 |
[1:43:01] | Upon questioning, he admitted to being Walter Collins. | 他在接受讯问时承认他是柯华特 |
[1:43:05] | We then made arrangements for him to be transported back to California. | 我们就立刻安排把他带回加州 |
[1:43:10] | Where Mrs. Collins told you the boy was not her son. | 柯太太跟你说他不是她儿子 |
[1:43:13] | Yes. She denied his identity | 对,她否认他的身份 |
[1:43:15] | in spite of all of the evidence pointing to the contrary. | 尽管所有的证据都很合理 |
[1:43:18] | But, as subsequent events have demonstrated, she was correct. | 后来证明她说的没错 |
[1:43:24] | So, what prompted you to send her for psychological evaluation? | 你凭什么把她送进精神病房? |
[1:43:28] | Whether or not this was in fact the correct boy was not relevant to my decision. | 那男孩的身份对我来说不重要 |
[1:43:32] | Throughout this period, she acted strangely. | 她在这段期间的行为很诡异 |
[1:43:34] | She was often cool and aloof and unemotional, | 经常表现得很冷漠无情 |
[1:43:38] | especially when confronted with the boy we found in DeKalb | 尤其是面对我们找到的小男孩 |
[1:43:42] | and in our subsequent conversation. | 以及我和她之后的谈话 |
[1:43:44] | lt was because of her disturbing behavior | 她令人不安的行为迫使我 |
[1:43:48] | that l submitted her for observation | 不得不把她送到洛城总医院 |
[1:43:51] | to the psychopathic ward of Los Angeles County General Hospital. | 进行进一步的观察 |
[1:43:54] | Just like that. | 就这样 |
[1:43:55] | You snap your fingers | 你弹一下手指 |
[1:43:57] | and an innocent woman is thrown into the psycho ward! | 一个无辜女士就被丢进精神病房 |
[1:43:59] | -She wasn’t thrown. -Every family in this state is in grave danger | – 她不是被丢进去的 – 当警局队长可以把一个人叫来 |
[1:44:03] | when a police captain can take a woman into his office and five minutes later | 五分钟后就被送进精神病房 |
[1:44:07] | have her thrown into the psychopathic ward on his own authority! | 这代表加州每个家庭都有危险 |
[1:44:10] | She wasn’t thrown. | 她不是被丢进去的! |
[1:44:12] | She wasn’t thrown! She wasn’t thrown! | 她不是被丢进去 |
[1:44:16] | What was that, Captain? | 那是怎样? |
[1:44:18] | She wasn’t thrown. She was escorted. | 她是被护送进去的 |
[1:44:24] | Escorted, thrown, the verb doesn’t matter, Captain. | 护送、 丢进去,怎么说都不重要 |
[1:44:28] | What does matter is that her incarceration was ordered without a warrant. | 重点是你没有拘票就把她关起来 |
[1:44:32] | l am holding a carbon copy of the affidavit of insanity | 这是克莉丝汀柯林斯vs加州一案 |
[1:44:36] | that was issued in the case of the State of California v. ChriStine CollinS. | 证明她精神错乱的宣誓书 |
[1:44:41] | -Who signed the affidavit? -l did. | – 这是谁签的? – 我 |
[1:44:43] | Well, now, let me see if l have this correct, | 让我搞清楚 |
[1:44:46] | a woman was thrown into the psychopathic ward without a warrant, | 你没拘票就把她丢进精神病房 |
[1:44:50] | because no warrant existed. | 因为根本就没有拘票 |
[1:44:52] | And when it was finally written several days later, | 几天后终于有了拘票 |
[1:44:55] | there was no need to sign it or to go to a Judge | 根本就不必签名或要求法官同意 |
[1:44:57] | because she was already in the asylum! | 因为她已经进了疯人院! |
[1:45:02] | -ls this correct, Captain? -Technically, yes. | – 是不是这样? – 技术上来说,是的 |
[1:45:04] | Extraordinary steps were necessary because we were dealing… | 她的情况非比寻常 |
[1:45:07] | We were dealing with an extraordinary situation. | 所以就要采用不寻常的方法 |
[1:45:09] | Now, is it our fault that we were being deceived | 我们被一个自称柯华特的小孩欺骗 |
[1:45:12] | by a boy who claimed to be Walter Collins? No. | 是不是我们的错?不是 |
[1:45:15] | ln light of his claims and her disturbing behavior, | 那小男孩加上她的异常行为 |
[1:45:18] | who wouldn’t begin to think that there was something the matter with her? | 谁不会觉得她的头脑有点问题? |
[1:45:21] | -Because she questioned you? -No, because she wouldn’t listen! | – 因为她质疑你 – 不,因为她不肯听话! |
[1:45:25] | Because she insisted on being obstinate! | 因为她冥顽不灵 |
[1:45:26] | Because she tried to take matters into her own hand, | 她想自己处理 |
[1:45:30] | best left to qualified officers! | 最好让警方处理的事情 |
[1:45:31] | Because once civil disobedience starts… | 因为公民抗命会导致… |
[1:45:33] | Because she was fighting for the life of her son! | 因为她为她儿子的生命奋战 |
[1:45:35] | A boy who may have still been alive | 他可能还活着 |
[1:45:37] | while you were wasting valuable time denying you had done anything wrong! | 你们却浪费宝贵时间拒绝认错 |
[1:45:45] | And in the end that’s what happened, isn’t it? | 最后悲剧发生了,不是吗? |
[1:45:51] | At some point, while all this was going on, | 在这一切发生的同时 |
[1:45:56] | Walter Collins was brutally murdered, | 柯华特 |
[1:46:00] | along with as many as 19 other boys | 和19个小孩 |
[1:46:04] | at the Northcott Ranch in Wineville. | 在诺考特农场惨遭杀害 |
[1:46:09] | ls that correct, Captain? | 是不是,队长? |
[1:46:13] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[1:46:22] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[1:46:43] | So, after much effort, we were able to identify this boy, | 经过努力调查,我们查出 |
[1:46:47] | who’s been responsible for so much trouble lately, | 制造出这么多麻烦的小男孩 |
[1:46:50] | as Arthur Hutchins of Cedar Rapids, lowa. | 是来自爱荷华州的亚瑟赫钦 |
[1:46:54] | Between this, and the arrest of the man suspected of murdering the real Walter Collins, | 逮到涉嫌杀害真的柯华特的嫌犯 并且查出小男孩的身份 |
[1:46:59] | we’ve cleared up two of the biggest mysteries in the history of Los Angeles. | 我们厘清两宗洛城史上最大的疑云 |
[1:47:02] | l hope you gentlemen of the press will give as much space to the good things we do | 希望记者能多报导警方做的好事 |
[1:47:07] | as the mistakes that are made on rare occasions. | 而不光是报导我们很少犯的错 |
[1:47:09] | Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the boy’s real mother, Mrs. Janet Hutchins. | 这就是那男孩的生母,赫太太 |
[1:47:16] | Arthur. | 亚瑟! |
[1:47:17] | l hope he wasn’t too much trouble for you. | 希望他没惹出太大的麻烦 |
[1:47:19] | Oh, no, not at all. | 并没有 |
[1:47:21] | How about a photograph, fellas? (REPORTERS CHATTERlNG) | 来张合照如何? |
[1:47:28] | Mrs. Hutchins, Mrs. Collins, the woman he was staying with, wanted him to have these. | 收容他的柯太太把这些送给他 |
[1:47:33] | They’re the clothes she let him wear. | 她让他穿的衣物 |
[1:47:34] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:47:36] | lsn’t that nice, Arthur? | 他们真好 |
[1:47:38] | Tell the nice officer, ”Thank you.” | 向这位警察伯伯道谢 |
[1:47:40] | l don’t want them. Give them to somebody else. | 我不要,给别人吧 |
[1:47:43] | (CHUCKLlNG) Precocious little fellow, isn’t he? | 他真是古灵精怪 |
[1:47:45] | lt’s not my fault. lt’s the police. | 又不是我的错 |
[1:47:48] | They said l was Walter Collins, not me! lt wasn’t my idea! -Not my idea! -Get… | 警察说我是柯华特,又不是我 这不是我的主意! |
[1:47:53] | Yeah. Go blame the police for your own mistakes. | 把错怪在警方头上 |
[1:47:55] | We’ve seen a lot of that lately, haven’t we? | 这种事最近经常发生 |
[1:47:58] | Take care now, Arthur! Safe travels. | 保重了,一路平安 |
[1:48:02] | All right, fellas, that’s it for today. | 好了,没事了 |
[1:48:06] | It waS March 10th, and I came home from work, | 3月10日我下班回家 |
[1:48:10] | and my nine-year-old Son, walter, waS gone. | 我九岁大的儿子华特不见了 |
[1:48:13] | Captain JoneS waS acting on information he believed to be correct. | 琼斯队长以为他得到的线报正确 |
[1:48:16] | Walter Collins had a diastema, also known as a diastema. | 柯华特的门牙之间有齿隙 |
[1:48:20] | That child was never in my classroom. l can certainly attest to that. | 那孩子从来没在我班上 |
[1:48:23] | STEELE: We rely on our good friends in the police department | 我们靠警局的朋友告诉我们 |
[1:48:26] | to point to us those people who exhibit behavior which is socially unacceptable. | 有哪些人表现出异常行为 |
[1:48:33] | CHRlSTlNE: About four inches shorter than the last mark of Walter. | 大概比华特矮了四英寸 |
[1:48:38] | Well, some of these pictures show what Sanford Clark told me, | 有些照片证实桑佛告诉我的事 |
[1:48:44] | that he did in fact help in the murder of these children. | 他的确有协助杀害那些小孩 |
[1:48:47] | PROSECUTOR: Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢你,警探 |
[1:48:49] | Gentlemen of the Jury, | 各位陪审团员 |
[1:48:50] | l ask you to take a good look at these images. | 请看这些照片 |
[1:48:53] | They establish beyond any reasonable doubt | 它们毫无疑问证明了 |
[1:48:56] | the circumstances and the nature of these heinous crimes. | 凶手犯下这些滔天大罪的事实 |
[1:49:11] | l’m in here, Reverend. | 我在这里,牧师 |
[1:49:21] | When Walter was here, l used to walk by his room when he was sleeping. | 华特睡觉的时候我会走过他房间 |
[1:49:25] | And even though l couldn’t see him or hear him, | 就算我看不见或听不见他 |
[1:49:29] | l could feel him. | 我都能感觉到他 |
[1:49:33] | That’s why l don’t think Walter’s dead. | 所以我不认为他死了 |
[1:49:37] | l can still feel him. | 我还是能感觉到他 |
[1:49:42] | -Mrs. Collins… -No. | 柯太太 |
[1:49:44] | l know what the police said. | 我知道警察怎么说 |
[1:49:47] | But that place and the remains, | 不过他们没办法仔细辨识 |
[1:49:51] | they couldn’t be properly identified. | 被埋在那里的尸骨 |
[1:49:55] | And maybe that kid made a mistake when he picked Walter’s picture. | 也许那孩子挑错华特的照片 |
[1:50:00] | l understand you don’t want to accept this. | 我知道你不想接受事实 |
[1:50:03] | What mother would? | 哪个母亲能接受? |
[1:50:08] | But l think it’s time for you to move on | 但是你应该继续过生活 |
[1:50:12] | and start over for yourself. | 为了自己重新来过 |
[1:50:15] | Your son would want you to move on. | 你儿子也会希望你这么做 |
[1:50:20] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:50:22] | Maybe he’d want me to keep looking for him. | 也许他要我继续找他 |
[1:50:26] | Maybe he’s somewhere waiting for me. | 也许他在哪里等我 |
[1:50:30] | l believe he is waiting, ma’am. | 我相信他在等你 |
[1:50:34] | He’s waiting in that place where | 他在我们有一天都要去的地方 |
[1:50:36] | we’ll all go someday to be reunited with our loved ones. | 和挚爱的亲人重新团圆 |
[1:50:40] | And on that day, he’ll know from front to back, end to end, | 当那一天来临,他会真心知道 |
[1:50:45] | heart to soul, that you did everything you could, Mrs. Collins. | 你为了找他尽了一切努力 |
[1:50:50] | Everything. | 你尽了一切努力 |
[1:50:55] | We should go, ma’am. | 我们该走了 |
[1:50:57] | One minute. | 等一下 |
[1:51:25] | This meeting will now come to order. | 听证会即将开始 |
[1:51:29] | This committee has now heard all of the testimony, | 本委员会听过所有证词 |
[1:51:32] | and, in light of the facts presented, | 根据事实证据 |
[1:51:35] | we recommend that the suspension of Captain Jones be made permanent. | 我们建议永远将琼斯队长停职 |
[1:51:44] | Order! Please. Please. | 肃静! |
[1:51:48] | Mr. Foreman, has the Jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团主席,有判决了吗? |
[1:51:53] | We have, Your Honor. | 有,庭上 |
[1:51:56] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[1:52:01] | Second, that steps be taken to investigate a change | 我们也采取行动调查 |
[1:52:05] | in the prevailing laws and procedures by which a citizen of this city | 尽管市民受到法律的保障 |
[1:52:09] | can be subJected to incarceration in the county’s mental facilities. | 还是会无缘无故被关进精神病房 |
[1:52:21] | You may read the verdict. | 请你读出判决 |
[1:52:23] | ”We the Jury find the defendant, Gordon Stewart Northcott, | 陪审团判定被告戈顿诺考特 |
[1:52:26] | ”guilty on all counts of murder in the first degree.” | 所有一级谋杀罪名成立 |
[1:52:34] | Finally, restoration of public confidence in the police department | 要让大众重拾对警局的信心 |
[1:52:38] | can only be achieved | 唯一的办法 |
[1:52:40] | by the removal of its chief of police, and this committee so recommends. | 就是开除警局局长 本委员会强烈建议这么做 |
[1:52:46] | This hearing is concluded. | 本听证会到此结束 |
[1:53:08] | Does the defendant wish to make a statement before Judgment is passed? | 被告在判刑前有话要说吗? |
[1:53:13] | l want to make it real clear that l never once got a fair shake from you, | 我只想清楚地说 我从来没有被大家公平对待 |
[1:53:22] | or from this court. | 更别说这个法庭 |
[1:53:29] | The only one in here worth a good goddamn is her. | 这里唯一有涵养的人是她 |
[1:53:35] | ‘Cause she’s the only one who never badmouthed me to the press. | 她从来没向记者说我的坏话 |
[1:53:38] | She’s the only one who understands what it is to be framed by the police -for something you didn’t do. -All right, that’s enough. | – 也只有她能了解被嫁祸的感觉 – 够了 |
[1:53:43] | And then to Just be thrown in the hole, to Just rot and to fester and to be forgotten | 然后被丢进大牢腐化溃烂 |
[1:53:49] | -and fade away, isn’t that right? -Gordon! JUDGE: Counsel! GORDON: lsn’t it? | 渐渐被人遗忘,对吧? |
[1:53:52] | l never killed your boy, Mrs. Collins. | 我没杀死你儿子 |
[1:53:54] | JUDGE: Counsel, that’s enough! GORDON: l would never do that. | – 够了 – 我不会伤害华特 |
[1:53:57] | -l would never hurt Walter. -Counsel, get control of your client | 他再胡言乱语 |
[1:53:58] | or l’ll have him bound and gagged! | 我就下令蒙住他 |
[1:54:00] | He’s an angel. | 他是个天使 |
[1:54:01] | COUNSEL: Come on, Gordon. GORDON: Get off of me! | 放开我! |
[1:54:04] | Now get down. | 别乱来 |
[1:54:08] | Gordon Stewart Northcott, | 戈顿诺考特 |
[1:54:12] | it is the Judgment of this court that you be conveyed to San Quentin Prison, | 本庭判你被送到圣昆丁监狱 |
[1:54:17] | where you’ll be held in solitary confinement for a period of two years, | 你将被单独拘禁两年 |
[1:54:20] | until October 2, 1930. | 直到1930年10月2日 |
[1:54:25] | On that date, you will be hanged by the neck until dead. | 那一天你将接受绞刑直到死亡 |
[1:54:32] | May God have mercy on your soul. | 愿上帝怜悯你的灵魂 |
[1:55:39] | (PEOPLE CHATTERlNG) | 1930年9月30日 |
[1:55:48] | -ls it all right if l have a 10-minute break? -Of course. | – 我能休息十分钟吗? – 当然了 |
[1:55:53] | You know, | 你知道 |
[1:55:56] | one of these days you might actually consider taking one of these 10-minute breaks. | 有一天你真的应该休息十分钟 |
[1:56:00] | lt might be good for you. | 对你比较好 |
[1:56:01] | We’ll see. | 也许吧 |
[1:56:06] | This is Christine Collins. | 这是克莉丝汀 |
[1:56:08] | l called yesterday. | 我昨天来过电 |
[1:56:10] | l was wondering if you had a chance to look through the files | 你能不能再看一次档案查出 |
[1:56:12] | and see if there was a match to my son, Walter Collins. | 有没有符合我儿子华特的小孩 |
[1:56:17] | l see. | 我了解 |
[1:56:19] | Well, if it’s all right with you, l’ll call back in a month. | 不介意的话,我一个月后再打来 |
[1:56:22] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢你 |
[1:56:23] | -HAHN: Mrs. Collins. -l was Just… | – 柯太太 – 我正打算… |
[1:56:25] | Yes, l know. | 我知道 |
[1:56:28] | ln fact, that’s why l wanted to see you. | 我也想要见你 |
[1:56:31] | lt’s about Walter. We had a… | 这件事与华特有关 |
[1:56:33] | Well, we received a very strange telegram. | 我们收到很奇怪的电报 |
[1:56:37] | From who? | 谁打来的? |
[1:56:39] | Gordon Northcott. He’s asked to see you. | 戈顿诺考特 他要求要见你 |
[1:56:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[1:56:45] | He said he knows you’re still looking for your son, and before he dies… | 他说他知道你还在找你儿子 |
[1:56:53] | He says he lied when he testified that he didn’t kill Walter. | 他没杀死华特是个谎言 |
[1:56:56] | Christine, he’s willing to finally admit that he did it. | 他终于愿意认罪了 |
[1:57:00] | He says if you come up to see him in person, | 他说如果你肯去监狱看他 |
[1:57:03] | then he’ll tell you the truth, to your face so that you can get on with your life | 他就会当面告诉你真相 |
[1:57:06] | and have some peace. | 好让你宁静地继续你的生活 |
[1:57:11] | AS you know, he’S Set to be executed the day after tomorrow at San Quentin, | 他后天就要在牢里被处决 |
[1:57:15] | So you don’t have a lot of time. | 你的时间不多 |
[1:57:19] | It took me moSt of the morning to make all the arrangementS. | 我花了整个早上做好安排 |
[1:57:24] | TurnS out, you’re the firSt woman in 30 yearS | 你是30年来第一位 |
[1:57:26] | the State haS allowed to viSit a Serial killer | 在连环杀手处决前一天 |
[1:57:28] | on the eve of hiS execution. | 州政府允许探监的女性 |
[1:57:51] | You’ll be all right, ma’am? | 你不会有事吧? |
[1:57:53] | -Yes. -We’re right at the door. | – 不会 – 我们就在门口 |
[1:57:58] | Twenty minutes. | 20分钟 |
[1:58:05] | Don’t suppose you got a cigarette? | 你该不会有香烟吧? |
[1:58:10] | Mr. Northcott, you asked me to come here. | 诺先生,你请我来这里 |
[1:58:13] | You said that if l did, you would tell me the truth about my son. | 你说你会说出关于我儿子的真相 |
[1:58:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[1:58:22] | You’re right. l did say that. | 没错,我是这么说的 |
[1:58:24] | But see, the thing is, | 不过呢 |
[1:58:28] | l didn’t really think that you would come. | 问题是我没想到你真的会来 |
[1:58:31] | And now. | 现在… |
[1:58:34] | And now… And now what? | 现在怎样? |
[1:58:36] | l Just didn’t expect that you’d… | 我没想到你会… |
[1:58:41] | l don’t wanna see you. | 我不想见你 |
[1:58:43] | -You don’t wanna see me? -No. See, l can’t do this. | – 你不想见我? – 对,我办不到 |
[1:58:48] | l don’t wanna talk to you. l can’t talk to you right now, | 我不想跟你谈 我就要被处决 |
[1:58:50] | not with what they’re gonna be doing to me tomorrow. | 现在不能跟你谈 |
[1:58:52] | lt’s one thing, Mrs. Collins, to send a telegram, that is really easy. | 打一封电报给你很容易 |
[1:58:57] | But when it’s here, right now, in person, you know, | 但是当你真的出现在我面前 |
[1:59:01] | l Just, l can’t… l can’t tell you what you want to hear, Mrs. Collins. | 我说不出你想听的话 |
[1:59:05] | And why not? | 为什么? |
[1:59:06] | Because l don’t want to go to hell with a lie on my lips. | 因为我不想因为说谎下地狱 |
[1:59:10] | See, l did my penance, | 我向上帝忏悔 |
[1:59:12] | and l asked God to forgive me and he did, so far as l know. | 也请她原谅我 就我所知,她原谅我了 |
[1:59:15] | And l have been really good ever since. | 我一直都表现良好 |
[1:59:18] | But if l lie now, if l commit any sins right now, | 如果我对你说谎,我又犯了罪 |
[1:59:23] | l’m out of time here, and l won’t be forgiven again. | 没时间了,我不会再被原谅一次 |
[1:59:26] | And l’ll tell you one thing, l am not going to hell. | 我只能告诉你,我不想下地狱 |
[1:59:31] | (SHlVERlNG) l’m not… | 我不会… |
[1:59:40] | Mr. Northcott, you asked me to come here. | 诺先生,你请我来这里 |
[1:59:53] | Mr. Northcott, please look at me. | 请你看着我 |
[1:59:56] | Mr. Northcott, please look at me. | 请看着我 |
[2:00:05] | Did you kill my son? | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:00:12] | Did you kill my son? | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:00:15] | l don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[2:00:16] | Yes, you do. Yes, you do. | 你当然知道 |
[2:00:18] | Did you kill my son? (CHUCKLES) | 你有没有杀死他? |
[2:00:21] | l told you, l don’t wanna talk to you right now. | 我说过,我不想跟你说话 |
[2:00:24] | Did you kill my son? Did you kill my son? | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:00:29] | Did you kill my son? -Did you kill my son? -l don’t know. | – 你有没有杀死我儿子? – 我不知道 |
[2:00:31] | You don’t know? You don’t remember? | 你不知道? |
[2:00:32] | -Did you kill my son? -Oh, no. | 你有没有杀死他? |
[2:00:34] | Answer me! You answer me! You answer me! | 回答我! 回答我! |
[2:00:37] | -l don’t know their names. -Did you kill my son? Yes… | – 我不知道他们的名字 – 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:00:39] | -You better get off of me. -Or what? | – 你最好别再烦我 – 否则呢? |
[2:00:41] | -Did you kill my son? -l don’t know. Did you kill… | – 你有没有杀死我儿子? – 我不知道 |
[2:00:46] | -You know his name! -Oh, l don’t. No. | 你知道他名字 |
[2:00:47] | You know his name! You called him an angel! | 你有没有杀死他? 你说他是个天使 |
[2:00:49] | -No. -You know his name! | 你知道他名字 |
[2:00:52] | They cried for their parents to come and get them and then l… | 他们都哭着叫爸妈 |
[2:00:54] | Did you kill my son? Did you kill my son? | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:00:56] | -Answer me! -Or what? | – 回答我! – 怎么? |
[2:00:58] | Answer me! | 回答我! |
[2:00:59] | (CHUCKLlNG) What are you gonna do? You gonna hurt me? | 你想伤害我? |
[2:01:01] | l hope you go to hell. l hope you go to hell. | 我希望你下地狱 |
[2:01:05] | -(SOBBlNG) Did you kill my son? -Guard! Hey, guard! | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:01:07] | Did you kill my son? -Did you kill my son? -Ma’am, please. | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:01:11] | -GUARD: Come on. -l hope you go to hell! l hope you go to hell! l hope you go to hell! | 我希望你下地狱! |
[2:01:18] | l’m sorry, ma’am. | 抱歉 |
[2:01:22] | Did you kill my son? | 你有没有杀死我儿子? |
[2:02:24] | ”Gordon Stewart Northcott, | 戈顿诺考特 |
[2:02:26] | ”you have been convicted of murder, | 你犯下杀人罪 |
[2:02:29] | ”the penalty for which is death by hanging. | 被判处以绞刑 |
[2:02:33] | ”There have been no stays or reprieves, | 没有暂缓也没有缓刑 |
[2:02:36] | ”therefore the execution will go forward | 因此根据加州州法 |
[2:02:38] | ”as stipulated under the laws of the State of California.” | 你必须接受处决 |
[2:02:44] | Do you have any last words? | 你有遗言吗? |
[2:02:47] | No. | 没有 |
[2:02:51] | Nothing. | 没有遗言 |
[2:02:56] | l kept clean after l confessed, Reverend, Just like l said l would. | 我忏悔以后没有做过错事 |
[2:03:05] | (STAMMERlNG) Will it… Will it hurt? | 会不会痛? |
[2:03:16] | GORDON: Please, please, not so fast. | 别这么急 |
[2:03:21] | Please, don’t make me walk so fast! | 拜托别逼我走这么快 |
[2:03:24] | (SOBBlNG) Please, don’t make me! | 别逼我 |
[2:03:27] | No, l don’t wanna. | 我不想死 |
[2:03:41] | No! Thirteen steps. | 13步 |
[2:03:47] | But l didn’t touch them all, you bastards. | 我都没有踩到 |
[2:03:50] | l didn’t touch them all. l didn’t touch them all. | 我没有踩到,我没有踩到 |
[2:03:55] | Please! | 拜托! |
[2:04:02] | A prayer! Please! | 替我祷告! |
[2:04:06] | God! | 主啊! |
[2:04:09] | Please! Somebody here, please, say a prayer for me! | 求求你! 这里有谁肯替我祷告? |
[2:04:16] | No, God. No! | 没有 |
[2:04:35] | GORDON: (SlNGlNG) Silent night | 平安夜 |
[2:04:42] | Holy night | 圣善夜 |
[2:04:48] | All iS calm | 黑暗中 |
[2:04:52] | All iS bright | 光华射 |
[2:04:57] | Round yon Virgin | 照着圣母 |
[2:05:03] | Mother and child | 也照着圣婴 |
[2:05:56] | (lNDlSTlNCT CHATTERlNG) | 柯林斯 助理经理 |
[2:05:57] | We’re having a party tonight at my place for the Academy show. | 我们要到我家开奥斯卡派对 |
[2:06:01] | -You want to come? -No, l have a million things to do. | – 你想来吗? – 不了,我有好多事要做 |
[2:06:03] | Oh, come on, please. Please! | 来嘛 |
[2:06:05] | (WOMEN EXCLAlMlNG) You girls blew the phone lines out from here to Baltimore. | 你们把电话线讲到断线 |
[2:06:07] | Someone’s gotta fix them. | 总得有人处理 |
[2:06:09] | Go, have a good night. l have the radio. Okay. | 我听广播就行了 |
[2:06:13] | -You sure? -l’m sure. l’m sure. Have a good night. -Good night. -Good night. | – 你确定? – 确定,玩得开心点 |
[2:06:22] | Listen, l really… | 听好,我真的… |
[2:06:25] | Hello, Ben. | 你好,班 |
[2:06:29] | l’m meeting some friends at Musso and Frank’s for dinner. | 我和朋友要到餐馆吃晚饭 |
[2:06:33] | They’re gonna pipe in the movie ceremonies into the restaurant. | 餐馆会广播奥斯卡颁奖典礼 |
[2:06:37] | Should be quite a night. | 应该会很好玩 |
[2:06:39] | l’d love it if you’d come. | 我希望你能一起来 |
[2:06:43] | l Just have so much work l should be doing. | 我有好多事要做 |
[2:06:48] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[2:06:52] | Ben? | 班? |
[2:06:55] | l… l put $2 down on It Happened One Night to win Best Picture. | 我赌两块《一夜风流》会得大奖 |
[2:07:00] | Seems l am the only person that thinks it has a chance against Cleopatra. | 只有我觉得它能赢《埃及艳后》 |
[2:07:03] | But, if it wins, do you wanna celebrate tomorrow night at dinner? | 如果真的赢了,明晚一起吃饭 |
[2:07:07] | lt’s a deal, Christine. See you. | 一言为定,再见 |
[2:07:10] | lf your movie wins, l’ll call you. | 你的电影赢了我会打给你 |
[2:07:12] | l’ll be here. | 我会在这里 |
[2:07:21] | PRESENTER ON RADIO.; …The Thin Man, Cleopatra… | 《瘦子》、 《埃及艳后》 |
[2:07:25] | Overrated. | 虚有其名 |
[2:07:26] | …and lt Happened One Night. | 以及《一夜风流》 |
[2:07:28] | Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert. | 克拉克盖博、 克劳黛考尔白 |
[2:07:30] | l rest my case. | 还用问吗? |
[2:07:32] | May I have the envelope, pleaSe? | 请把信封给我 |
[2:07:36] | And the winner iS lt Happened One Night. | 最佳影片是《一夜风流》 |
[2:07:41] | l knew it! l knew it, l knew it, l knew it! | 我就知道! 我就知道! |
[2:07:46] | Dinner is on me. | 晚饭我请客 |
[2:07:47] | MRS. CLAY.; IS thiS ChriStine CollinS? | 你是克莉丝汀柯林斯吗? |
[2:07:49] | (CLEARS THROAT) Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[2:07:52] | ThiS iS MrS. Clay. Do you remember me? | 我是克雷太太,记得我吗? |
[2:07:55] | (STAMMERlNG) Mrs. Clay, of course l remember you. | 我当然记得你 |
[2:07:57] | I juSt had to call you right off. | 我非得立刻打给你不可 |
[2:07:59] | -What is it? -The police juSt called. | – 什么事? – 警方打来 |
[2:08:02] | They found a boy, ChriStine. | 他们找到我儿子 |
[2:08:06] | -Where? -Lincoln HeightS Precinct. | – 他在哪里? – 林肯高地分局 |
[2:08:08] | -we’re leaving right now. -l’ll be right down. | – 我们正要出发 – 我马上就赶去 |
[2:08:34] | Oh, here. | 这里 |
[2:08:36] | l wanted to go to him right off, | 我想马上去抱他 |
[2:08:37] | but they said it was important to talk to him alone first. | 不过他们说要先单独讯问他 |
[2:08:40] | -Are they sure? -They’re sure. | – 他们确定吗? – 确定 |
[2:08:42] | But, more important, l’m sure. | 重要的是,我确定 |
[2:08:46] | lt’s my boy, all right. (EXCLAlMS) lt’s David. | 是我儿子没错,那是大卫 |
[2:08:49] | He’s alive, Christine. | 他还活着 |
[2:08:51] | They found him up in Hesperia. | 他们在贺士比利亚找到他 |
[2:08:53] | (SHUSHlNG) OFFICER.; You were walking home from School, | 你放学走在路上 |
[2:08:55] | and they told you they needed help finding a dog. | 他们说需要你帮忙找一只狗 |
[2:08:58] | DAVID.; Yeah. | 对 |
[2:08:59] | OFFICER.; So, after you got in the truck, what happened next? | 你上车后发生什么事? |
[2:09:02] | They drove me around for a long time, | 他们开车绕了很久 |
[2:09:05] | then we ended up at this ranch. | 然后就开到那座农场 |
[2:09:06] | GORDON: Come on. Come on, Davy. | 跟我来 |
[2:09:10] | -Davy! Come on. -DAVlD: Get off me. Don’t fight this much. Hey! | 快点,大卫 |
[2:09:12] | Were there other boys there? | 那里有别的男孩吗? |
[2:09:15] | Yeah. Five, I think. | 有,应该有五个吧 |
[2:09:19] | lt was a long time ago, though. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[2:09:21] | Hello, boys. This is Davy. | 这是大卫 |
[2:09:24] | l know you’ll make him feel… Hey! | 你们一定会… |
[2:09:25] | (BOYS SHOUTlNG) | 给我们食物 |
[2:09:26] | (SHOUTlNG) No. No! Hey! Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[2:09:30] | Did you speak to them? | 你有跟他们说话吗? |
[2:09:32] | Yeah? You remember any of their names? | 你记得他们的名字吗? |
[2:09:36] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[2:09:38] | Two of them were brothers. | 其中两个是兄弟 |
[2:09:39] | l think their last name was Winslow. | 他们姓温斯洛 |
[2:09:43] | The oldeSt one waS Jeffrey. | 哥哥叫杰佛瑞 |
[2:09:49] | And Walter. | 还有华特 |
[2:09:53] | walter? | 华特? |
[2:09:56] | -Yeah. -Do you remember Walter’s last name? | – 对 – 你记得他姓什么吗? |
[2:10:04] | Collins. | 柯林斯 |
[2:10:07] | walter CollinS. | 华特柯林斯 |
[2:10:10] | Tell me something, if you only remember some of the boys’ names, | 告诉我 你只记得其他男孩的名字 |
[2:10:13] | how come you remember his full name? | 怎么会记得他的全名? |
[2:10:16] | Because of what happened. | 因为后来发生的事 |
[2:10:19] | walter and Jeffrey were talking. | 华特和杰佛瑞在讲话 |
[2:10:21] | JEFFREY: Pull it. DAVID.; They kept checking around and they found a part of the coop where the wire was all messed up. | 他们发现鸡舍的铁网破了个洞 |
[2:10:25] | WALTER: (WHlSPERlNG) Be careful! | 小心! |
[2:10:29] | Maybe make enough room to get out of there and run. | 也许能钻出去逃命 |
[2:10:31] | JEFFREY: When we get out, we split up, go in different directions. Okay? | 逃出去以后往不同方向跑 |
[2:10:35] | They can’t catch all of us. | 这样他们就抓不到我们 |
[2:10:37] | lt’d make an awful lot of noise. | 我们一定很大声 |
[2:10:42] | And if it wasn’t wide enough, then we’d be stuck. | 要是洞不够宽,我们会被困住 |
[2:10:48] | DAVlD: (GRUNTS) Wait. Help! Help! Come on, hurry! | 等等,帮帮忙,快点 |
[2:10:52] | My foot’s stuck! Hurry, help! Help me, please! | 我的脚被夹住 快来帮忙,快呀! |
[2:10:58] | He’s coming! He’s… | 他来了 |
[2:11:01] | My foot! | 我的脚 |
[2:11:04] | DAVlD: He’s coming. (WALTER GASPS) | 他来了 |
[2:11:05] | Hurry, run, run, run! | 快跑,快跑 |
[2:11:12] | GORDON: Hey! What the hell are you boys… | 你们在搞什么… |
[2:11:17] | Mary, Mother of God! Hey! Hey! Hey! | 老天爷! |
[2:11:22] | You get back here! Hey! Hold it! Hey! | 给我回来! 站住! |
[2:11:32] | (GUN FlRlNG) SANFORD: Stop! | 站住! |
[2:11:36] | Check on the others! Stop! Damn it! | 去看其他的男孩 |
[2:11:39] | Boys, l’m coming after you! | 我要来追你们罗 |
[2:11:41] | Damn it! Damn it! | 该死! 该死! |
[2:11:44] | Boys, l’ll find you no matter where you are! | 你们逃到哪儿我都找得到你们 |
[2:11:47] | SANFORD: They’re not in there! GORDON: Come on! Get in the car! | – 他们都不在 – 快给我上车! |
[2:11:50] | l’m gonna find you! Damn it! Damn it! Come on. | 我要找到你们! |
[2:11:54] | Shit! Get in the car, Sanford! | 快点上车,桑佛! |
[2:12:04] | That was the last l saw of any of them. | 那是我最后一次看到他们 |
[2:12:07] | So, you don’t know if either of the other two were captured? | 你不知道其他两个有没有被抓? |
[2:12:10] | No. | 不知道 |
[2:12:13] | All l know is, if Walter hadn’t come back for me | 我只知道要是华特没回来救我 |
[2:12:18] | I don’t think I ever would’ve gotten out of there. | 我就永远逃不出去 |
[2:12:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[2:12:25] | So, what happened after that? | 然后发生什么事? |
[2:12:27] | l kept off the main roads, | 我故意走小路 |
[2:12:29] | until l saw a train stopped at a crossing and l Jumped in. | 看到一列火车 于是我就跳上去 |
[2:12:34] | Why didn’t you tell anyone what had happened? | 你为什么不告诉任何人? |
[2:12:37] | l was afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[2:12:39] | l thought they’d come after me, or my folks. | 我以为他们会追杀我或我爸妈 |
[2:12:44] | So, I juSt didn’t tell anybody. | 所以我谁都没说 |
[2:12:48] | l was on my own until l got a free meal from this lady, Miss Lansing. | 我本来都靠自己过活 直到蓝太太免费招待我一餐 |
[2:12:52] | Told her l was an orphan, on my own. | 我说我是孤儿 |
[2:12:57] | She said l could stay on. | 她说我可以住下来 |
[2:13:00] | And l did. | 我就住了下来 |
[2:13:03] | Every night, l’d wake up thinking they were right outside my window. | 每晚我都以为他们在窗外而吓醒 |
[2:13:08] | And then l heard the police talking on the radio about what happened at the ranch. | 后来听到广播关于农场发生的事 |
[2:13:14] | And l thought, ”For sure l can’t go back now.” | 我就想: “这下我更不能回去了” |
[2:13:16] | (SOFTLY) Why? Why not? | 为什么? |
[2:13:19] | Since l didn’t tell anybody what happened. | 因为我没告诉别人这些事 |
[2:13:23] | l was afraid they’d blame me for those kids being dead. | 我怕他们会把错怪在我头上 |
[2:13:28] | So l Just stayed away. | 所以我一直待下来 |
[2:13:32] | What made you come forward now, after all this time? | 你为什么过了这么久才出面? |
[2:13:36] | Why come forward now? | 为什么是现在? |
[2:13:41] | l really miss my mom. | 我真的很想念我妈 |
[2:13:45] | l really miss my dad. | 我也很想念我爸 |
[2:13:50] | l Just wanna go home. | 我只想回家 |
[2:13:55] | I juSt wanna go home. | 我只要想回家 |
[2:14:06] | l love you. | 我好爱你 |
[2:14:40] | l still can’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[2:14:42] | Five years, case closed, everyone thinks he’s dead, and there he is. | 五年来大家都以为他死了 结果他就出现 |
[2:14:48] | Wouldn’t be, if it wasn’t for Walter. | 华特救了他一命 |
[2:14:52] | Your son did a brave thing, Mrs. Collins. | 你儿子很勇敢 |
[2:14:55] | You should be very proud of him. | 你应该以他为傲 |
[2:14:57] | l am. | 没错 |
[2:15:01] | You still think he’s out there? | 你觉得他还活着? |
[2:15:02] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[2:15:05] | Three boys made a run for it that night, Detective. | 那晚有三个男孩逃走 |
[2:15:07] | And if one got out, | 其中有一个没死 |
[2:15:08] | then maybe either or both of the others did, too. | 其他两个也有可能活着 |
[2:15:12] | Maybe Walter’s out there, having the same fears that he did. | 也许华特也一样心里很害怕 |
[2:15:15] | Afraid to come home and identify himself, or afraid he’ll get into trouble. | 害怕回家承认身份 或是怕他会惹上麻烦 |
[2:15:21] | But either way, | 不管怎样 |
[2:15:23] | it gives me something l didn’t have before tonight. | 这给了我一样东西 |
[2:15:26] | What’s that? | 什么? |
[2:15:29] | Hope. | 一线希望 |