| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:03] | – Fuck! – Oh, gross! | -操 -恶心 | 
| [00:05] | Elena, Laura. | 艾蕾娜 劳拉 | 
| [00:07] | Oh, you’re Casey’s girlfriend. Hi. | 你是凯西的女友 你好 | 
| [00:09] | Her wife. | 她妻子 | 
| [00:10] | How is this gonna work? | 这要怎么运作 | 
| [00:11] | We’re waiting, ’cause I want… | 我们在等待 因为我希望 | 
| [00:13] | I want the sex to be about us. | 我希望性爱的焦点是我们 | 
| [00:15] | Hello, why are you giving my nine-year-old a music sermon? | 你为什么在给我九岁儿子讲音乐布道 | 
| [00:18] | We’re trying to find Alex’s sister’s dad. | 我们在试图寻找艾利克斯姐姐的爸爸 | 
| [00:21] | Good news and bad news. | 好消息和坏消息 | 
| [00:22] | Bad news, your biological dad is no longer with us. | 坏消息 你亲生父亲已经去世了 | 
| [00:25] | I found your half-brother. | 我找到了你同母异父的弟弟 | 
| [00:27] | And he’s in Fresno. | 他住在弗雷斯诺 | 
| [00:29] | This is my thing! | 这是我的事 | 
| [00:31] | Mine, and you can’t just fucking insert yourself. | 我的 你不能就这样插手 | 
| [00:35] | I was like you. | 我曾经像你一样 | 
| [00:36] | And then I meet this woman | 然后我遇见了她 | 
| [00:38] | who suddenly treats me like I have something to offer. | 她待我就像我身怀绝技一样 | 
| [00:40] | And then like the sun, she sets on you, | 然后 就像太阳一样 她落在你身上 | 
| [00:42] | shines on someone else. | 却照亮着其他人 | 
| [00:46] | If you just had feelings for her, you should have told me. | 如果你对她有感觉 你本该告诉我的 | 
| [00:49] | I don’t have feelings for Valerie. | 我对薇拉莉没感觉 | 
| [00:51] | You can never be anyone’s second choice. | 你永远不会是别人的第二选择 | 
| [00:53] | I just wasn’t sure if I could be your first choice. | 我只是不确定我能不能成为你的第一选择 | 
| [00:56] | But you could. I mean, you are. | 但你可以的 你就是 | 
| [01:21] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 | 
| [01:28] | – Come in. – Sure. | -进来吧 -嗯 | 
| [01:41] | Chris Christie? | 克里斯·克里斯蒂 | 
| [01:44] | Um, that guy is at least 50, | 那人至少50岁了 | 
| [01:46] | and fat don’t crack. | 而且胖子不嗑药 | 
| [01:49] | And John Wayne. | 约翰·韦恩 | 
| [01:50] | Nah, it’s not… not Mom’s type. | 不行 他不是老妈的菜 | 
| [02:01] | Thank Christ. | 谢天谢地 | 
| [02:03] | My first reaction was illegal, | 我第一反应是 | 
| [02:05] | technically, in most states. | 在大多数州里 这都是违法的 | 
| [02:06] | Uh, Valerie? | 薇拉莉 | 
| [02:09] | Rich. | 里奇 | 
| [02:10] | – That’s me. – Yeah. | -是我 -嗯 | 
| [02:14] | – Hi, I’m Jack. – Oh, hey. | -你好 我是杰克 -你好 | 
| [02:17] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 | 
| [02:18] | Jack. Okay. | 杰克 好的 | 
| [02:24] | Take you long to get here from LA? | 从洛杉矶过来远吗 | 
| [02:26] | – Oh, three hours. – Yeah. | -三个小时 -嗯 | 
| [02:28] | Oh, fast. | 挺快的 | 
| [02:30] | What kind of car you drive? | 你们开的什么车 | 
| [02:31] | – A Prius. – An Audi SUV. | -普锐斯 -奥迪SUV | 
| [02:33] | Jack drove. | 杰克开的车 | 
| [02:36] | I had a Honda SUV once. | 我以前有辆本田SUV | 
| [02:38] | It was great for going to the drive-in. | 去免下车电影院很方便 | 
| [02:39] | You remember drive-ins? | 你还记得免下车电影院吗 | 
| [02:40] | Yeah, I sure do. | 当然记得 | 
| [02:44] | I saw “X-Men: Days of Future Past” at the Madera drive-in. | 我在马德拉免下车影院看了《X战警 逆转未来》 | 
| [02:48] | You see that one? | 你有看吗 | 
| [02:49] | Um, they… they go back in time or something? | 他们回到了过去什么的 | 
| [02:53] | Back and forward. | 过去和未来 | 
| [02:56] | Right. Wow. | 对 | 
| [02:58] | Sounds confusing, | 听上去很混乱 | 
| [02:58] | but it makes sense when you see it. | 但你看了后就能理解了 | 
| [03:01] | All the science is based on real stuff. | 所有科学都是建立在事实的基础上 | 
| [03:07] | Man. | 老天 | 
| [03:09] | You go your whole life and never knowing | 你活了一辈子却不知道 | 
| [03:11] | your dad had an affair and had another kid. | 你爸有过外遇 还有个孩子 | 
| [03:14] | What a trip. | 好一段经历 | 
| [03:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [03:21] | You guys hungry? | 你们饿了吗 | 
| [03:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [03:24] | What’s… what’s good here? | 这有什么好吃的 | 
| [03:30] | He’s been listening to my mix. | 他有在听我的歌单 | 
| [03:32] | You couldn’t have introduced him to jazz? | 你不能给他介绍爵士乐吗 | 
| [03:34] | He’s too young to fall on that sword. | 他还太小接受不了 | 
| [03:37] | Oh, no, is that your lunch? | 不会吧 这是你午餐吗 | 
| [03:39] | – Yes. – No. | -是的 -不会吧 | 
| [03:41] | It was also my dinner | 还是我之前的晚餐 | 
| [03:42] | and then a lunch before that. | 以及晚餐前的午餐 | 
| [03:44] | No. | 不 | 
| [03:45] | Here. | 给 | 
| [03:49] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -嗯 | 
| [03:50] | That looks really good. | 看上去很不错 | 
| [03:51] | – It is. – Thank you. | -是的 -谢谢你 | 
| [03:53] | You know, if you ever wanted a regionally specific meal | 如果你哪天想吃受过培训的专业厨师 | 
| [03:56] | prepared by a trained professional chef | 做的特殊地域性菜肴 | 
| [03:58] | or even a whole sandwich, I could take you out. | 或者一个三明治 我可以带你出去 | 
| [04:03] | That would make for good office gossip. | 那会成为办公室里的八卦 | 
| [04:05] | I could cook too, if you want something more private. | 你要是想更私密的话 我也可以做菜 | 
| [04:11] | That’s thoughtful, but no, right? | 真贴心 不过算了 | 
| [04:15] | HR would rake me over the coals. | 人力资源部会谴责我的 | 
| [04:18] | Aren’t you HR? | 你不就是人力资源部的吗 | 
| [04:22] | Thanks for lunch. | 谢谢你的午餐 | 
| [04:28] | So Kitty Pryde has to keep the link up | 幻影猫必须维持纽带 | 
| [04:31] | while mutants die in the future, | 与此同时变种人在未来死去 | 
| [04:33] | fighting to give Wolverine a chance to save the past. | 为了给金刚狼一次拯救过去的机会 | 
| [04:37] | Wolverine, that’s Hugh Jackman, right? | 金刚狼 是休·杰克曼演的 对吗 | 
| [04:41] | Yeah, I like him. | 我喜欢他 | 
| [04:42] | He can sing. He’s Australian. | 他会唱歌 他是澳大利亚人 | 
| [04:43] | But not racist Australian. | 不种族歧视的澳大利亚人 | 
| [04:45] | – Mel Gibson Australian. – Exactly. | -梅尔·吉布森那种澳大利亚人 -没错 | 
| [04:49] | Anyway, then the Sentinels show up, | 然后哨兵出现 | 
| [04:52] | and it is not pretty. | 情况很糟 | 
| [04:54] | They say robots are gonna take over the world one day, | 他们说机器人有天会掌控地球 | 
| [04:56] | but I hope it’s not these robots. | 但我希望不要是这些机器人 | 
| [05:01] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 | 
| [05:03] | Oh, you’d be safe. | 你不会有危险 | 
| [05:04] | They could never take the place of a psychiatrist. | 他们绝不会占领心理医生的地盘 | 
| [05:07] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 这我可说不好 | 
| [05:08] | “Siri, why do I want to kill my mother and fuck my father?” | “Siri 为什么我想杀了我妈 上我爸” | 
| [05:14] | I’m sorry. That was… | 抱歉 刚刚 | 
| [05:16] | – No, it’s a… – Sorry about that. | -没事 -抱歉 | 
| [05:18] | I… I’d be safe too. | 我也不会有危险 | 
| [05:20] | Butchering, that’s an art form. | 屠宰 这是一种艺术形式 | 
| [05:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [05:23] | Yeah, slaughtering, bleeding, skinning… | 是的 屠杀 放血 剥皮 | 
| [05:25] | it’s all in the feel. | 都是靠感觉 | 
| [05:27] | They have robots that can debone a chicken, | 他们有给鸡去骨的机器人 | 
| [05:29] | but a chicken is not a cow. | 但鸡不是牛 | 
| [05:33] | No, it is not. | 是的 | 
| [05:34] | It’s really not even close, yeah. | 差太远了 | 
| [05:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [05:39] | Well, Rich, | 里奇 | 
| [05:41] | this has been, um… | 这次见面 | 
| [05:44] | so just really good meeting you. Really good. | 很高兴见到你 真的很高兴 | 
| [05:48] | But I think we need to be heading back. | 但我想我们该回去了 | 
| [05:50] | I have a class tonight, and Jack has to work. | 我今晚有节课 而杰克得工作 | 
| [05:53] | But this has just been really nice. | 不过这次见面挺好的 | 
| [05:55] | You’re leaving? | 你们要走了 | 
| [05:57] | I took the early shift tomorrow. | 我为此专门换了明天的早班 | 
| [05:58] | I thought maybe you could come over for dinner, | 我以为你们可以来我家吃晚餐 | 
| [06:02] | meet the family, | 见见家人 | 
| [06:04] | maybe hear a little bit about Dad. | 或许听听爸爸的事 | 
| [06:06] | Oh, I… | 我 | 
| [06:07] | Yeah, yeah, we can make that work, right? | 这样也行 对吗 | 
| [06:10] | I’d love it. | 我希望你们能来 | 
| [06:12] | Really. | 真的 | 
| [06:16] | Oh, of course. | 当然 | 
| [06:17] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 | 
| [06:19] | I would love it too. | 我也很乐意 | 
| [06:26] | What’s a five-letter word for “redolence”? | 表示”芬芳”的五个字母单词是什么 | 
| [06:29] | Starts with “A”? | A开头 | 
| [06:34] | “Aroma” “Aroma.” | |
| [06:37] | That’s it! | 对头 | 
| [06:38] | My first Thursday puzzle. | 我完成的第一个周四字谜 | 
| [06:41] | Glass of wine to celebrate? | 喝杯红酒庆祝吗 | 
| [06:43] | Day drinking makes me sleepy. | 白天喝酒会让我很困 | 
| [06:45] | Hmm, well, then sleep… we shall. | 那我们就睡觉吧 | 
| [06:56] | You didn’t have to cook for me. | 你不用给我做饭的 | 
| [06:58] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [06:59] | But your kitchen is so much better than the co-op. | 但你家厨房比合作公寓的好多了 | 
| [07:02] | Here, chop that. | 把这个切了 | 
| [07:07] | So where’d you learn the culinary arts? | 你厨艺是在哪学的 | 
| [07:10] | Howard Dean campaign. | 霍华德·迪恩竞选 | 
| [07:12] | I was your age, actually. | 当时就你这么大 | 
| [07:13] | Freezing in New Hampshire. | 新罕布什尔州特别冷 | 
| [07:15] | You learn quick when you’re desperate. | 绝望的时候你会学得特别快 | 
| [07:17] | Sounds fun. | 听上去很有意思 | 
| [07:20] | Until the scream. | 迪恩尖叫后就不了 | 
| [07:21] | After that, I quit party politics and went grassroots. | 那之后 我放弃了党派政治转投草根政治 | 
| [07:24] | Ah, yes, the small-time. | 对 彻底失败 | 
| [07:26] | Federal government’s fucked, | 联邦政府完蛋了 | 
| [07:29] | and low expectations is all we got. | 我们只有很低的期望 | 
| [07:31] | Okay, so you’re cautiously pessimistic about the council meeting? | 所以你对议会会议不太乐观 | 
| [07:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [07:36] | I mean, Beverly Hills did it. | 比弗利山庄做到了 | 
| [07:38] | Permanent moratorium, no more oil drilling. | 永久延缓偿付期 不再进行石油钻探 | 
| [07:40] | Yeah, if only we had a better argument than community health. | 要是我们有比社群健康更好的论点就好了 | 
| [07:44] | Yeah, health does not finance re-election campaigns. | 嗯 健康不能给再竞选提供资金 | 
| [07:48] | So you’re going to speak at the meeting? | 你要在会议上发言吗 | 
| [07:52] | Should I? | 我应该吗 | 
| [07:53] | Maybe. Isn’t that why you took this job? | 也许 你不就是为此接下这份工作的吗 | 
| [07:57] | Well, I took it ’cause you asked. | 我接受是因为你请我来 | 
| [07:59] | Well, don’t say that. | 别这么说 | 
| [08:18] | Hey, can I talk to you? | 我能和你谈谈吗 | 
| [08:21] | If we just… if we let it go, | 如果我们放下那事 | 
| [08:23] | it’ll shock you how much it never happened. | 当记忆吞噬过往 你会觉得难以置信 | 
| [08:25] | No, don’t quote “Mad Men” to me. | 别给我引用《广告狂人》 | 
| [08:27] | And this isn’t about you. | 这跟你无关 | 
| [08:31] | Is something wrong with me? | 我有问题吗 | 
| [08:32] | – Yes. – No, seriously. | -是的 -我是认真的 | 
| [08:35] | I just got turned down for a date. | 我刚约会被拒了 | 
| [08:37] | You really want to know? | 你真想知道吗 | 
| [08:39] | Hit me. | 说吧 | 
| [08:40] | You’re selfish, man. | 你很自私 | 
| [08:42] | Like, epically selfish. | 无比自私 | 
| [08:44] | You’re like textbook example of a narcissist. | 你简直是自恋者的教科书例子 | 
| [08:48] | And you’re a man-child. | 你还是个巨婴 | 
| [08:49] | You’re manipulative. | 你很爱操纵人 | 
| [08:51] | And you want to be good, right? | 你想成为好人 对吗 | 
| [08:53] | That ideal appeals to you. It feels good. | 这个目标正合你意 感觉很棒 | 
| [08:56] | But in practice, it’s too much work. | 但在实际操作中 工程浩大 | 
| [08:58] | You know what? You should just play to your strengths. | 你该发挥你的优势 | 
| [09:00] | You got a kind of creepy charm. | 你有一种瘆人的魅力 | 
| [09:03] | You know, you have this full head of hair, | 头发很浓密 | 
| [09:05] | got a great house. | 有栋很棒的房子 | 
| [09:07] | It is pretty great. | 确实很棒 | 
| [09:08] | You’ve got symmetrical facial features. | 你的面部特征是对称的 | 
| [09:10] | You’re 6 feet tall. | 身高一米八 | 
| [09:11] | I’m 6’1″. | 一米八三 | 
| [09:12] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -嗯 | 
| [09:16] | Okay, anything else? | 好 还有什么 | 
| [09:18] | You’ll be fine. | 你会没事的 | 
| [09:22] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [09:23] | Good news. | 好消息 | 
| [09:25] | I bought some toenail clippers. | 我买了指甲刀 | 
| [09:26] | I’m going. I’m gone. | 我走了 拜 | 
| [09:31] | So your mom lets you stay here by yourself? | 你妈让你一个人留在这吗 | 
| [09:34] | I mean, I could hang out at my dad’s, but… | 我也可以去我爸家 不过 | 
| [09:36] | Mae-Yi tried giving me dating advice, | 美意之前想给我约会建议 | 
| [09:38] | and I thought she was kidding, so I laughed, | 我以为她在说笑 所以我笑了 | 
| [09:40] | but it turns out she was serious, | 结果她是认真的 | 
| [09:42] | and now things are strained. | 现在我们的关系有点紧张 | 
| [09:45] | Who’s Mae-Yi? | 谁是美意 | 
| [09:46] | The 23-year-old | 那个被我撞见 | 
| [09:47] | I walked in on my dad having sex with. | 和我爸做爱的23岁情人 | 
| [09:52] | And you’re the one that had to tell your mom? | 是你跟你妈说的 | 
| [09:53] | After a week of careful deliberation. | 经过一周的深思熟虑后 | 
| [09:58] | Not an easy conversation. | 谈话不轻松 | 
| [10:00] | Nope. | 当然 | 
| [10:02] | And she’s still sad. | 她仍然很伤心 | 
| [10:04] | They both are. | 两个都是 | 
| [10:06] | Could have saved a lot in lawyer fees | 要是他们能接受他们的命运 | 
| [10:07] | if they’d just accepted their fate. | 还能省下不少律师费用 | 
| [10:10] | You believe in fate? | 你相信命运吗 | 
| [10:13] | Well, we’re the products of the people who raised us, right? | 我们是抚养我们的人的产品 对吗 | 
| [10:17] | My people are fucked. | 抚养我的人悲剧了 | 
| [10:19] | Qed. | 谨此作答 | 
| [10:21] | In a year, you’re gonna leave home | 一年后 你将离开家 | 
| [10:24] | and make so many mistakes | 犯很多错误 | 
| [10:26] | that have nothing to do with your parents. | 都跟你父母无关 | 
| [10:28] | So don’t fall back on that shit, | 所以别依赖你父母 | 
| [10:30] | ’cause it’s easy, and it’s obvious. | 因为很轻松 乏味 | 
| [10:49] | I know. | 我知道 | 
| [10:51] | I’m thinking about it too. | 我也在想这个 | 
| [10:54] | How did the X-Men go backwards and forwards in time? | X战警是如何穿越到过去和未来的 | 
| [10:59] | Look, that science is all based on real stuff. | 科学都是建立在事实的基础上 | 
| [11:01] | I get the feeling that first impressions aren’t his specialty. | 我感觉他不是很擅长留下第一印象 | 
| [11:05] | Well, he’s a butcher who works at Vons | 他是个在Vons超市工作的肉商 | 
| [11:08] | and lives vicariously through superheroes. | 在超级英雄中生活 | 
| [11:10] | What else is there to say? | 还有什么可说的 | 
| [11:12] | Come on. This is exciting. | 拜托 这很令人激动 | 
| [11:14] | The Big Tomato. | 大西红柿 | 
| [11:15] | Oh, well, that’s Sacramento. | 那是萨克拉门托 | 
| [11:17] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -嗯 | 
| [11:18] | We’re not in the Big Tomato right now? | 我们现在没在大西红柿 | 
| [11:19] | – No. – Oh, fuck it, then. | -没有 -该死 | 
| [11:21] | We should bring something tomorrow, right? | 明天我们该带点什么 对吗 | 
| [11:23] | Like a cake or a pie? | 蛋糕或者派 | 
| [11:25] | Pie. Pie is good. | 派 派不错 | 
| [11:27] | Yeah, pie’s really great. | 是的 派很不错 | 
| [11:31] | You okay? | 你还好吗 | 
| [11:34] | It’s just not what I thought it would be. | 是指跟我想的不太一样 | 
| [11:37] | It’s just one dinner. Don’t sweat it. | 就一顿晚餐而已 别紧张 | 
| [11:40] | I’m gonna be there right next to you the whole time. | 我会一直陪在你身旁的 | 
| [11:43] | Yeah, that’s not what I… what I’m talking about. | 我说的不是这个 | 
| [11:48] | This’ll be good. You’ll see. | 会很顺利的 相信我 | 
| [11:51] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [11:52] | Right. Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [11:54] | Um, good night, Jack. | 晚安 杰克 | 
| [11:58] | Good night. | 晚安 | 
| [12:21] | Casey? | 凯西 | 
| [12:24] | Yeah? | 什么事 | 
| [12:25] | Um, I don’t… | 我不 | 
| [12:27] | I don’t want to speak at the council meeting. | 我不想在会议上发言 | 
| [12:31] | I don’t have anything important enough to say. | 我没什么重要的事可说 | 
| [12:34] | That’s fine. | 没关系 | 
| [12:36] | You don’t have to. | 你不用发言的 | 
| [12:39] | You won’t be disappointed? | 你不会失望 | 
| [12:41] | It’s not about me. It’s about you. | 重点不是我 而是你 | 
| [12:48] | You want to sleep here? | 你想在这睡吗 | 
| [13:16] | – Saya… – I’m sorry. | -塞雅 -抱歉 | 
| [13:18] | She refuses to photograph in a Spanish-style house | 在加泰罗尼亚事件得到解决前 | 
| [13:20] | until the Catalan situation is resolved. | 她拒绝在西班牙风格的房子里拍摄 | 
| [13:22] | The house we rented is Mediterranean. | 我们租的房子是地中海风格的 | 
| [13:24] | She says it’s the same thing. | 她说是一回事 | 
| [13:25] | Motherfucking Gia. | 该死的吉雅 | 
| [13:27] | Who’s Gia? | 谁是吉雅 | 
| [13:28] | She’s a YouTuber. | YouTube主播 | 
| [13:30] | She’s massively popular and awful. | 她很火 也很烂 | 
| [13:33] | She’s from Spain? | 她是西班牙的 | 
| [13:35] | Long Beach. | 长滩的 | 
| [13:36] | Right. | 好吧 | 
| [13:37] | We’re launching her lifestyle brand… | 我们要发布她的生活方式品牌 | 
| [13:39] | adult dinner party, adult house. | 成人晚宴 成人房子 | 
| [13:41] | She’s very particular. | 她很挑剔 | 
| [13:44] | Use my house. | 用我的房子吧 | 
| [13:46] | You own a house? | 你有房子 | 
| [13:48] | Da bones are great. | 骨制品很棒 | 
| [13:52] | Light’s fantastic. | 光线很好 | 
| [13:54] | This place was made to be shot. | 这里就是专门用来拍摄的 | 
| [13:56] | You are a freaking lifesaver. | 你真是救命恩人 | 
| [13:57] | I owe you. | 我欠你个人情 | 
| [13:59] | Yeah, no problem. | 客气 | 
| [14:00] | So what do we do now, | 现在要怎么做 | 
| [14:01] | just hang around till Gia shows up? | 等吉雅现身吗 | 
| [14:03] | Sadly, I have to get back to the office. | 很可惜 我得回办公室 | 
| [14:05] | But Saya will be here to troubleshoot. | 不过塞雅会负责进行调试 | 
| [14:23] | Oh, my god, Leon. | 天啊 里昂 | 
| [14:25] | The inside is like custard. | 里面就像是乳蛋糕 | 
| [14:28] | And the syrup… | 还有糖浆 | 
| [14:30] | Well, it’s just leftover wine, blueberries, and sugar. | 只是没喝完的酒 蓝莓和糖 | 
| [14:33] | Wait. You made this? | 慢着 这是你做的 | 
| [14:36] | Well, yeah, you… you said you like blueberries. | 是的 你 你说你喜欢蓝莓 | 
| [14:42] | What did I do to deserve you? | 我是修了多大的福分遇到了你 | 
| [14:46] | I… I should get going. | 我该走了 | 
| [14:48] | I hear the siren’s call of the cafe. | 我听到咖啡店呼唤我的声音了 | 
| [14:50] | Oh, you’re still working at the coffee shop? | 你还在咖啡店上班吗 | 
| [14:53] | Um, until they finish construction at my flat, | 要等到他们在我公寓施工完毕后了 | 
| [14:57] | which, at this rate, will be never. | 照这个速度 永远也修不好 | 
| [15:00] | Um, well, Val’s still away. | 小薇不在 | 
| [15:03] | Why don’t… | 你何不 | 
| [15:05] | you stay and do some work here? | 留下来在这工作 | 
| [15:08] | Or other things. | 或者干别的事 | 
| [15:13] | Friday crossword? | 周五的填字游戏吗 | 
| [15:16] | Maybe later. | 待会儿吧 | 
| [15:22] | I can’t tell if these cornflakes are stale or just cornflakes. | 我看不出这些玉米片是腐坏了还是没腐坏 | 
| [15:26] | It looks like a big bowl of scabs. | 看上去像一碗痂 | 
| [15:29] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [15:33] | Why do people sentimentalize small towns? Why? | 为什么人们会对小镇流于感伤 为什么 | 
| [15:36] | I mean, is uniformity so endearing? | 一致性有这么讨人喜欢吗 | 
| [15:39] | Like, “Oh, I don’t have to hear other points of view. How great.” | 我不用听别的意见 多棒啊 | 
| [15:43] | Fresno’s not that small, miss. | 弗雷斯诺没那么小 小姐 | 
| [15:45] | It’s the almond capital of the world. | 是世界杏仁之都 | 
| [15:47] | That’s Sacramento. | 那是萨克拉门托 | 
| [15:48] | That’s Sacramento? Shit. Damn it. | 是吗 该死 | 
| [15:54] | All right, I got to take this. | 我得接这个电话 | 
| [15:55] | I’m sorry. One second. | 不好意思 马上就好 | 
| [16:11] | Okay, so this is terrible timing, | 时机很不好 | 
| [16:13] | but this work thing just came up. | 但工作上临时有事 | 
| [16:14] | I have to take this. Couple hours. | 我得去处理 几个小时就好 | 
| [16:17] | What? | 是吗 | 
| [16:18] | – A couple hours? – At the most. | -几个小时 -最多 | 
| [16:19] | I think it’ll be… it’ll be less, no. | 应该用不了那么久 | 
| [16:21] | What I am supposed to do? | 我该怎么做 | 
| [16:23] | Here, get the pie. | 你去取派 | 
| [16:25] | And I’ll be as fast as I can; I promise. | 我会尽快 我保证 | 
| [16:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [16:39] | You know, eye contact. Keep it personal. | 眼神交流 私人一点 | 
| [16:41] | Short and sweet. They will cut you off. | 短暂甜蜜 他们会打断你 | 
| [16:44] | And just hey, no pressure. Say what you have to say. | 不要有压力 说你们该说的 | 
| [16:47] | It’s on them to listen. | 要听的是他们 | 
| [16:49] | Hello? | 喂 | 
| [16:50] | Hey, you ever heard of the YouTube star Gia? | 你听说过YouTube明星吉雅吗 | 
| [16:52] | The one who flashed her tits at the Broad? | 那个在百老汇露奶子的人吗 | 
| [16:54] | Yeah, and she has terrible taste in art, for one. | 她的艺术品位很糟糕 | 
| [16:57] | Stop the presses. | 那就别报道她 | 
| [16:58] | Hey, I’m kind of in the middle of something. | 我现在有点忙 | 
| [17:00] | She just mixes random black textiles. | 她就是把黑色纺织品混在一起 | 
| [17:03] | That’s not design; that’s an affront to good taste. | 这不叫设计 这是对好品味的侮辱 | 
| [17:05] | Excuse me. | 走路看着点 | 
| [17:07] | Do you care about anything important? | 你在意重要的事吗 | 
| [17:09] | Have you not heard my tone? | 你没听到我的语气吗 | 
| [17:14] | Do you think our family’s poisoned? | 你觉得我们家是中毒了吗 | 
| [17:16] | What do you mean? In what way? | 什么意思 怎么中毒 | 
| [17:18] | Like, in our blood? | 在我们的血液中 | 
| [17:22] | Because there’s something wrong with us that can never be fixed? | 因为我们有永远都修复不了的问题 | 
| [17:25] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:26] | I mean, I can only speak for myself. | 我只能为自己说话 | 
| [17:28] | Maybe ask your mom? | 要不问下你妈 | 
| [17:30] | She’s in Fresno. | 她在弗雷斯诺 | 
| [17:37] | I got to go. Good luck with Gia. | 我得挂了 吉雅的事祝你好运 | 
| [17:41] | I’ll call him and see if he can take the hit. | 我会给他打电话看他是否可以承受住打击 | 
| [17:44] | And I’ll also call Suarez. | 我还会打给苏亚雷斯 | 
| [17:46] | He said he’d help with gap financing, and we… | 他说他会帮助缺口融资 我们… | 
| [17:49] | Right. | 没错 | 
| [17:51] | Yeah, no, we have options. | 我们还有其它选项 | 
| [17:52] | Just tell me what you need. | 只要告诉我你需要什么 | 
| [17:55] | Hey, Logan. | 你好 洛根 | 
| [17:59] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 | 
| [18:02] | You’re here. | 你来了 | 
| [18:04] | Where else would I be? | 我还能去什么地方 | 
| [18:11] | I’ve lived in West Adams for 20 years, | 我在西亚当斯居住了20年 | 
| [18:14] | and because I hope to do so for another 20, | 由于我还想再住20年 | 
| [18:17] | I ask that the council vote yes on the moratorium. | 我请求委员会在延缓偿还期上投赞成票 | 
| [18:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [18:22] | I believe we have one more speaker. | 我们还有一位发言者 | 
| [18:28] | Excuse me. | 借过 | 
| [18:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [18:35] | Hello. | 大家好 | 
| [18:37] | So I’m only 17 now, | 我目前只有17岁 | 
| [18:39] | but I will be able to vote in the next election… | 但是我可以在下一次选举时投票 | 
| [18:44] | or, since I don’t see any women up there, | 或者 由于我在这里没有看见任何女性 | 
| [18:46] | maybe even run. | 可能还会参选 | 
| [18:52] | Okay, so… | 所以 | 
| [18:54] | there are active oil and gas wells | 全市有很多 | 
| [18:57] | all over the city, | 仍在使用的油气井 | 
| [18:59] | most within 2,000 feet of homes and schools | 其中多数在家庭住宅 学校和医院的 | 
| [19:03] | and hospitals. | 两千英尺的范围内 | 
| [19:05] | Only drilling companies cover them up with buildings | 钻井公司用建筑覆盖这些油井 | 
| [19:09] | so people don’t know what’s happening | 因此人们并不知道在他们身边 | 
| [19:10] | right next to them. | 发生了什么 | 
| [19:13] | But you do. | 但是你们知道 | 
| [19:15] | There are 400 cases of nosebleeds and other symptoms, | 目前有四百个流鼻血或者其他症状的病例 | 
| [19:19] | and there’s something toxic in the air | 空气中的确存在 | 
| [19:24] | that no one wants to talk about, | 没人愿意谈论的有毒物质 | 
| [19:27] | I guess ’cause it’s hard. | 我觉得这是因为这个问题很困难 | 
| [19:33] | But shouldn’t we talk about the hard things the most | 但是我们难道不是最应该谈论困难的事情吗 | 
| [19:36] | instead of just sweeping them under the rug | 而不是把这些事掩盖起来 | 
| [19:39] | and letting the poison seep inside us? | 让毒物渗进我们的身体 | 
| [19:45] | You know, ’cause once it’s there, | 一旦空气中真的有毒 | 
| [19:48] | it affects everyone. | 它会影响所有人 | 
| [19:50] | And maybe you can never get it out. | 也许你永远都排出不了 | 
| [19:53] | I just think you’re making my generation pay the price, | 我只是觉得你们在让我这一代人付出代价 | 
| [19:58] | and you look the other way, | 然后你们睁一只眼闭一只眼 | 
| [19:59] | hoping that everything’s going to be okay. | 但愿一切都会没事 | 
| [20:03] | But it won’t be okay. | 可是并不会这样 | 
| [20:06] | And that’s… | 这… | 
| [20:10] | really, really sad and unfair. | 真的很让人感到忧伤和不公 | 
| [20:15] | Please vote yes on the moratorium. | 请大家投延缓偿还期一张赞成票 | 
| [20:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 | 
| [20:21] | Excuse me. Thank you. | 借过 谢谢 | 
| [20:25] | – This one? – I guess so. | -是这一家吗 -是的 | 
| [20:27] | What happened to our pie idea? | 不是说好带派的吗 | 
| [20:29] | Oh, they were… totally out of pie. | 他们卖光了 | 
| [20:35] | – Get in here. – Hi. | -进来吧 -你们好 | 
| [20:37] | We brought champagne. | 我们带了香槟来 | 
| [20:40] | This is my wife, Wendy. She’s a nurse. | 这位是我的妻子 温迪 她是个护士 | 
| [20:43] | – Hello. – And my son, Jamey. | -你好 -还有我儿子 杰米 | 
| [20:44] | – He’s at UC Davis. – Oh, cool. | -他在加州大学戴维斯分校上学 -真棒 | 
| [20:46] | This is my… Jack. | 这是我的… 杰克 | 
| [20:51] | Would you like something to drink? | 要喝点什么吗 | 
| [20:54] | Champagne? | 香槟 | 
| [20:56] | Fancy. Thank you. | 当然 谢谢你 | 
| [21:01] | In the cut-off jean shorts, | 穿破洞牛仔裤的 | 
| [21:04] | that’s our Great Uncle Virgil. | 是我的伯祖父维吉尔 | 
| [21:06] | He was a bit of a ladies’ man back in his day. | 他过去可是个万人迷 | 
| [21:08] | Uh-oh. He looks the part. | 他看上去像那种人 | 
| [21:11] | So what are you studying at UC Davis? | 你在加州大学戴维斯分校学的什么 | 
| [21:15] | Animal sciences. | 动物科学 | 
| [21:17] | Yeah, Dad taught me a lot about livestock, | 我爸教了我许多关于牲畜的东西 | 
| [21:18] | and I’d like to see sustainable farming embraced | 我也希望看到可持续农场经营 | 
| [21:20] | by the big players. | 被大人物接受 | 
| [21:22] | This is a picture of me and Dad | 这是我和我爸在我十岁时 | 
| [21:24] | on a fishing trip when I was ten. | 去钓鱼期间拍的照片 | 
| [21:27] | He was a big fly fisherman, | 他是个飞钓爱好者 | 
| [21:29] | made all his own flies. | 所有的飞钓鱼竿都是他自己做的 | 
| [21:31] | He tried to teach me, | 他教过我 | 
| [21:32] | but no one was ever as good at it as he was. | 但是没人像他一样精通 | 
| [21:36] | He was never happier than when he was fishing. | 他钓鱼的时候是最开心的 | 
| [21:39] | Do you like baseball? | 你喜欢棒球吗 | 
| [21:40] | I do. What you got? | 当然 你有什么 | 
| [21:43] | This bad boy | 这个东西 | 
| [22:11] | My god. | 天 | 
| [22:14] | You know, it’s actually kind of funny, | 说来有趣 | 
| [22:16] | because your identity is so tied to this house, | 你的身份和你房子的联系是如此紧密 | 
| [22:19] | and it’s, like, basically getting torn apart, | 而现在这房子被拆 | 
| [22:21] | which is probably how you feel after getting rejected again. | 这大概和你再一次被拒绝的感受差不多吧 | 
| [22:24] | Don’t let them touch my shit. | 别让他们碰我的东西 | 
| [22:49] | Enough! | 够了 | 
| [22:59] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈这件事吗 | 
| [23:01] | It’s fine. I’m fine. | 没关系的 我很好 | 
| [23:04] | I’ll buy you a new waffle iron. | 我会再给你买个华夫饼烤模的 | 
| [23:07] | I liked that one. | 我喜欢我原来的那个 | 
| [23:11] | I’m disappointed you didn’t want to go out with me. | 你不想和我约会让我很失望 | 
| [23:13] | I mean, I respect your decision, but… | 我尊重你的决定 但… | 
| [23:17] | I thought we vibed. | 我以为我们有共鸣 | 
| [23:20] | I clearly misunderstood the situation, | 我显然理解错了 | 
| [23:22] | and it’s frustrating. | 这很令人沮丧 | 
| [23:24] | I mean, you know I’m still married, right? | 你知道我还是已婚的 对吧 | 
| [23:27] | I mean, separated. | 只是分居而已 | 
| [23:28] | But technically, yeah. | 严格意义上来说 我是已婚的 | 
| [23:36] | Can we maybe not have this conversation here? | 我们可以不在这里讨论这种事吗 | 
| [23:44] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [23:50] | Thank you. This is a great pie. | 谢谢 这个派很不错 | 
| [23:52] | It was my mom’s recipe, and she passed it down. | 这是我妈的菜谱 她传给了我 | 
| [23:54] | Wow, that’s so nice. | 真好 | 
| [23:56] | I can’t imagine the horrors that my mom passed down to me. | 我简直不敢想象我妈传给我的那些恐怖菜谱 | 
| [24:00] | I mean, genetically speaking. | 从基因上来讲 | 
| [24:01] | She didn’t… she didn’t bake too many pies. | 她没有做过很多的派 | 
| [24:05] | But yeah. | 但是的 | 
| [24:07] | Does anybody else want… | 还有其他人想要… | 
| [24:08] | Really? Nobody? | 真的吗 没人吗 | 
| [24:10] | Want some? Anybody? | 来点儿吧 有人吗 | 
| [24:12] | – Jamey? – I’m 20. | -杰米 -我只有20岁 | 
| [24:15] | Okay, well, don’t say I didn’t offer. | 那别说我没问你哦 | 
| [24:18] | Is it okay if I head to Josh’s now? | 我现在可以去乔希家吗 | 
| [24:20] | Yeah, it’s fine. | 好的 | 
| [24:21] | It was nice to meet you guys. | 很高兴见到你们 | 
| [24:22] | You too. | 我们也是 | 
| [24:23] | Good night, then. | 晚安 | 
| [24:29] | So… UC Davis. | 加利福尼亚大学戴维斯分校 | 
| [24:33] | We could never afford it, | 我们肯定承担不起学费 | 
| [24:34] | but he knew what he wanted, and he hit the books, | 但他知道自己想要什么 所以用功念书 | 
| [24:38] | got himself a scholarship. | 拿到了奖学金 | 
| [24:40] | Awesome. | 真厉害 | 
| [24:42] | Rich tells me you have a daughter. | 里奇告诉我你有个女儿 | 
| [24:44] | Yeah, Laura. | 是 劳拉 | 
| [24:45] | She’s 17. She’s homeschooled. | 她17岁 在家上学 | 
| [24:48] | Not by me, by qualified people. | 不是我教 有资格的老师教 | 
| [24:52] | She’s very smart. | 她很聪明 | 
| [24:54] | You must be so proud. | 你一定非常骄傲 | 
| [24:56] | What’s that? Oh. | 什么 | 
| [24:58] | I’m not her father. | 我不是她父亲 | 
| [25:00] | Yeah, I’m divorced. | 对 我离婚了 | 
| [25:04] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 | 
| [25:06] | No, it’s good. | 不 挺好的 | 
| [25:09] | It’s an improvement. | 是个进步 | 
| [25:12] | Was it hard on Laura? | 对劳拉影响大吗 | 
| [25:13] | Actually, she thrived. | 事实上 她活得更好了 | 
| [25:16] | Is she in LA with her dad? | 她和她爸爸在洛杉矶吗 | 
| [25:18] | Um, yeah. Sure. | 是 没错 | 
| [25:20] | Or she’s at home. | 或者在家 | 
| [25:20] | You know, she’s very… she’s very independent. | 她非常 非常独立 | 
| [25:26] | And there’s a landlady next door, | 而且隔壁就是房东 | 
| [25:28] | so, you know… just in case. | 以防万一 | 
| [25:32] | Well… | 好吧 | 
| [25:34] | If that’s what works for you. | 你们觉得好就行了 | 
| [25:36] | Yeah, it does. | 对 挺好的 | 
| [25:39] | Man. | 天 | 
| [25:40] | Sounds tough, life in the big city. | 听起来挺难的 大城市的生活 | 
| [25:42] | I don’t know how you do it. | 不知道你怎么做到的 | 
| [25:44] | Well, you know… | 你知道的 | 
| [25:46] | it could be worse. | 可能会更糟的 | 
| [25:48] | Could be in Fresno, right? | 比如在弗雷斯诺 对吧 | 
| [25:53] | I’m… | 我 | 
| [25:54] | I’m kidding. It’s great. | 我开玩笑的 这挺好的 | 
| [26:03] | Mostly, I just feel stupid. | 我主要就是觉得自己很傻 | 
| [26:07] | I know I should move on. He did. | 我知道我应该放眼未来 他已经这样了 | 
| [26:11] | It’s hard. | 这很难 | 
| [26:13] | You have a person who’s your stability, | 有人曾经是你的生活支柱 | 
| [26:16] | and then suddenly they just leave. | 然后突然间他们就走了 | 
| [26:18] | You can’t lean on them anymore. | 你不能再依靠他们了 | 
| [26:19] | And then you think you’ve moved on and you’re fine, | 你觉得你已经翻篇 已经好了 | 
| [26:22] | but then you see a picture of them or have some memory, | 但是你看到一张照片或者想起某些回忆 | 
| [26:24] | and you realize you’re not fine at all. | 然后你就意识到你根本就没好 | 
| [26:31] | Gia’s not coming. | 吉雅不来了 | 
| [26:33] | Motherfucking Gia. | 该死的吉雅 | 
| [26:38] | What a waste of food. | 真是浪费食物 | 
| [26:51] | Good work up there. | 刚才表现很棒 | 
| [26:53] | Oh, stop. | 少来 | 
| [26:56] | You’re not poison. | 你不是毒药 | 
| [26:57] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吧 | 
| [27:02] | Casey. | 凯西 | 
| [27:04] | Pete Nako has office space in Sacramento. | 皮特·奈科在萨克拉门托有办公空间 | 
| [27:06] | Can you take a look on Friday? | 你周五能去看看吗 | 
| [27:07] | Awesome, yeah. | 太好了 当然 | 
| [27:08] | No, I’m driving up Thursday anyway, | 我星期四反正要开车过去 | 
| [27:09] | so it’s perfect. | 所以正好 | 
| [27:13] | What’s in Sacramento? | 萨克拉门托有什么 | 
| [27:14] | The next battle. | 下一场战斗 | 
| [27:16] | But what about here? | 那这儿怎么办 | 
| [27:18] | I mean, we have the support of the city council now, | 我们现在有市议会的支持了 | 
| [27:19] | and you’ll be here. | 你也会在这 | 
| [27:21] | You can help lead the resistance. | 你可以领导这场抗争的 | 
| [27:23] | Ask Nako what he wants us to bring. | 问问奈科他想让我们带什么 | 
| [27:25] | Like, is the printer here rental, or do we own it? | 比如 这儿的打印机是租的还是买的 | 
| [27:27] | – Will do. – Thanks, Katrina. | -好的 -谢谢 卡特里娜 | 
| [27:29] | Oh, shit, he’s calling me now. | 该死 他给我打电话了 | 
| [27:31] | Hold on. Yeah. | 等一下 喂 | 
| [27:49] | Can we talk? | 我们能聊聊吗 | 
| [27:49] | Yeah, why don’t you go to your hotel room | 好啊 你去你房间 | 
| [27:52] | and give me a call? | 给我打电话吧 | 
| [27:55] | Look, I know the dinner wasn’t what you wanted. | 我知道这顿晚饭不是你想要的 | 
| [27:57] | I just am worried that you’re… | 我就是担心你 | 
| [27:58] | You’re supposed to be by my side. | 你应该在我身旁的 | 
| [28:01] | But every time I try to reach for you, | 但是每次想要走近你 | 
| [28:04] | to grab you, it’s like my hand just goes right through. | 想要抓住你 我就像触到空气一样 | 
| [28:06] | I can’t do it. | 我受不了了 | 
| [28:08] | I want to, but I can’t. | 我希望可以 但是我不行 | 
| [28:10] | It’s just… it’s too much, and… and I’m too alone, | 对我来说太难了 我太孤独了 | 
| [28:14] | and when somebody says they’re gonna be there for you, | 如果有人说他会陪着你 | 
| [28:17] | they have to actually show up. | 他们得出现才行 | 
| [28:22] | I’m here now. | 我现在在这了 | 
| [28:26] | You can’t do this. | 你做不到的 | 
| [28:29] | I can. | 我可以 | 
| [29:02] | So the spring rolls were terrible. | 这春卷好难吃 | 
| [29:05] | But I thought the lobster was great. | 不过我觉得那龙虾挺不错 | 
| [29:07] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [29:10] | Give the rest to Clark. | 把剩下的给克拉克 | 
| [29:11] | No way. | 才不呢 | 
| [29:12] | I’m keeping this for myself. | 我要自己留着 | 
| [29:14] | But you’re very thoughtful. | 但是你挺体贴的 | 
| [29:16] | People always say that. | 大家总是这么说 | 
| [29:19] | They don’t always. | 不总是 | 
| [29:21] | No one’s ever said that about you. | 根本没人这么说过你 | 
| [29:23] | Never, not one time. | 从没有 一次都没有 | 
| [29:39] | That was a good date. | 这次约会不错 | 
| [30:10] | Hi, this is Valerie. | 你好 我是薇拉莉 | 
| [30:11] | I’m not here right now. Please leave a message. | 我现在无法接听 请留言 | 
| [30:33] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等下 等下 | 
| [30:35] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [30:36] | – Come here. – What? | -过来 -什么 | 
| [31:12] | “Not false or fake.” | “不是假的或伪造的” | 
| [31:14] | – F… not… – “Real.” | -假 不 -“真的” | 
| [31:18] | Real? | 真的 | 
| [31:20] | Well, that’s a good question. | 这个问题不错 | 
| [31:25] | We should do this every day, right? | 我们应该天天做这个 是吧 | 
| [31:28] | What, the… the crossword? | 什么 填字游戏吗 | 
| [31:35] | At least until the construction stops. | 至少在施工结束前 | 
| [31:41] | Did you have these made before I got here? | 你在我来之前就配好了吗 | 
| [31:43] | Nope. | 没啊 | 
| [31:46] | – You did. – No, I didn’t. | -你配了 -我没有 | 
| [31:48] | – You did. – No. | -配了 -没 | 
| [31:50] | – No, I didn’t. – You did! | -不 我没有 -你配了 | 
| [31:51] | You did. You did. You did. | 配了 配了 配了 | 
| [31:53] | I did! I did! | 我配了 我配了 |