时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I should be apologizing to you. | 我该和你道歉 |
[00:04] | – About what? – Well, your sex addiction… | -为什么 -你的…性瘾 |
[00:08] | So you had lunch with Jack and you told him what I told you? | 所以你和杰克吃了午饭 把我给你说的跟他说了 |
[00:12] | I didn’t think it was that big a deal, | 我当时没觉得这有什么大不了 |
[00:13] | and then I just… it… it just, like, slipped out. | 然后就脱口而出了 |
[00:23] | I just got fired. | 我刚被炒了 |
[00:24] | Do you think I need protection? | 你觉得我需要保护吗 |
[00:26] | – Sorry. – We’re adults. | -不好意思 -我们是成年人 |
[00:27] | Todd was your direct supervisor. | 托德是你的直属上司 |
[00:28] | He removed you from your post and took advantage of you. | 他把你带离工作岗位 占你便宜 |
[00:30] | All right, I guess I’ll just find somewhere else to do free work. | 我想我会去其他地方提供免费劳动力 |
[00:34] | What the fuck? | 你搞什么 |
[00:35] | I don’t like it like that. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[00:36] | Well, you didn’t seem to mind before. | 你之前都不介意啊 |
[00:38] | Well, now I do. | 现在我介意了 |
[00:41] | It’s Leon. I have tickets for “Rear Window” | 是里昂 我有今晚在好莱坞永生公墓 |
[00:43] | tonight at Hollywood Forever. | 《后窗》的票 |
[00:44] | Oh, my God, | 我的天 |
[00:45] | I have tickets to that. You should totally go. | 那个我有票 你真的该去看看 |
[00:48] | You coming? | 你来吗 |
[00:49] | No, I got plans. | 不了 我另有安排 |
[00:51] | It was a little nerve-racking, but we all made it through. | 有点刺激 但是我们都挺了过来 |
[00:53] | I just feel ready. | 我感觉准备好了 |
[00:54] | – You’re ready? – Yeah, to move forward, to move on. | -你准备好了 -准备好向前看 翻篇 |
[00:56] | You found out that your sister’s your half-sister, | 你发现你姐姐是你同母异父的姐姐 |
[00:58] | and that she has another half-brother. | 她还有一个同父异母的弟弟 |
[01:00] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[01:32] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[01:38] | All right, bye. Have a good one. | 再见 祝你们开心 |
[01:42] | Stay out of trouble. | 别惹事 |
[01:57] | Stealing office property? | 偷办公室财物 |
[02:00] | I prefer the term “scavenging.” | 我更喜欢用”寻觅”来形容 |
[02:02] | And it’s coconut. Nobody likes coconut. | 而且是椰子汁 没人喜欢椰子汁 |
[02:05] | Fair. | 也是 |
[02:07] | You made it. | 你做到了 |
[02:09] | An actual paycheck, how quaint. | 一张真实的薪水支票 真古怪 |
[02:12] | It’s like we’re in the ’30s but with even more demagogues. | 就好像我们是在30年代 不过有更多的煽动者 |
[02:15] | Any Friday plans? | 周五有计划吗 |
[02:17] | Work, you? | 工作 你呢 |
[02:18] | Game night. | 游戏之夜 |
[02:20] | Celebrity? | 猜名人吗 |
[02:21] | “Magic the Gathering.” | 万智牌 |
[02:24] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[02:38] | I got eight volunteers confirmed. | 确认了八个志愿者 |
[02:40] | Great. Four will show up. | 很好 有四个会来 |
[02:42] | And I finished my call list. | 我打完了我的联系人名单 |
[02:44] | Only got one “Fuck you.” | 只有一个人对我说”操你妈” |
[02:45] | Killin’ it. How are you celebrating? | 不错嘛 你打算怎么庆祝 |
[02:49] | Going to my uncle’s to play a kids’ game | 去我舅舅家和比我大的人 |
[02:51] | with people who are all older than me. | 玩小孩游戏 |
[02:54] | Please come. | 你也来吧 |
[02:55] | Aw, I’m scheduled to shower. Co-op living. | 我定好要洗澡 合作公寓的生活就这样 |
[02:59] | We ration hot water. | 我们定量供应热水 |
[03:01] | Well, my uncle has three showers, | 我舅舅有三个浴室 |
[03:04] | and he’s very wasteful. | 而且他很浪费 |
[03:22] | Why didn’t you just say no? | 你为什么没拒绝 |
[03:26] | Because she has an infinity pool that makes you | 因为她有一个无边泳池 能让你 |
[03:29] | feel both powerful… | 既感到有权力 |
[03:31] | and sad at how unfair life is, and it keeps me on my toes. | 又感到生活有多么不公平 让我保持警觉 |
[03:35] | I still don’t see why you have to stay there just to feed the cat. | 我还是不懂为什么你非要留在那喂猫 |
[03:38] | She’s 39 and childless. Joshua’s not just a cat. | 她39岁 没有子女 约书亚不仅仅是一只猫 |
[03:42] | Joshua. | 约书亚 |
[03:43] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[03:45] | Benadryl and weed brownies will K. O. my allergies. | 苯海拉明和大麻布朗尼能治好我的过敏 |
[03:48] | What are you doing tonight? | 你今晚有什么计划 |
[03:50] | Uh, Alex is making us play “Magic: The Gathering.” | 艾利克斯要让我们玩万智牌 |
[03:53] | That sounds awful. Who’s coming? | 可怕 都有谁要去 |
[03:55] | Laura, Alex’s new roommate, Leon. | 劳拉 艾利克斯的新室友 里昂 |
[04:00] | And I just… I haven’t seen him since I blew him off, | 我 自从上次放他鸽子后我就没见过他 |
[04:04] | and it’s just gonna be so weird and awkward, | 到时一定会尴尬哭的 |
[04:07] | and he’s probably gonna talk… | 他可能会超级 |
[04:09] | extra softly just to torture me a bit. | 轻声地讲话来折磨我 |
[04:13] | All right, enjoy your drugs, Leia. | 行了 嗑药愉快 丽雅 |
[04:17] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[04:23] | Gross! Ugh! | 恶心 |
[04:28] | We have a rat. | 家里有老鼠 |
[04:29] | What? We most certainly do not. | 什么 不可能 |
[04:32] | There are droppings in my bathroom. | 我卫生间里有粪便 |
[04:33] | That could be anything… dust, dirt, delusions. | 那可能是任何东西 灰尘 错觉 |
[04:36] | We know your penchant for fantasy. | 我们都知道你喜欢幻想 |
[04:37] | Well, I know the signs. I lived in New York. | 我了解有老鼠的迹象 我在纽约生活过 |
[04:40] | – Oh, my God, you lived in New York? – Yeah. | -天 你在纽约生活过 -是的 |
[04:41] | I never knew. You only mention it every day. | 我从不知道 你只是每天都提一下 |
[04:44] | Look, this is LA, and, in LA, we don’t leave garbage | 听着 这里是洛杉矶 在洛杉矶 我们不会 |
[04:46] | on the curb like it’s pre-Jesus Rome, | 像古罗马时期一样把垃圾扔在路沿上 |
[04:48] | and we don’t have rats. | 以及我们没有老鼠 |
[04:51] | What you got? | 你拿的什么 |
[04:52] | – Gruner? – Yeah. | -绿斐特丽娜 -是的 |
[04:53] | I predicted rosé. | 我预测的是桃红葡萄酒 |
[04:55] | Well, last week, | 上周 |
[04:57] | I heard these frat guys order “Bro-sé,” | 我听说有几个兄弟会的人买了桃红葡萄酒 |
[05:00] | and I’m just done. | 我完全受不了 |
[05:02] | – Gross. – How was your first week? | -恶心 -你第一周干得怎么样 |
[05:04] | Strangely satisfying. | 不可思议地令人满足 |
[05:05] | There are benefits working 9:00 to 5:00. | 朝九晚五也是有好处的 |
[05:07] | Now my weekend actually has meaning. | 现在我的周末有了意义 |
[05:09] | You worked 24/7 at Snooger? | 你在Snooger时是全天候工作吗 |
[05:10] | What? No, I mostly just hung out | 什么 没有 大多数时候我就闲逛 |
[05:13] | and caused interpersonal problems. | 制造人际问题 |
[05:14] | Oh, I would’ve never guessed. | 真想不到 |
[05:16] | Hi, you must be Rae. | 你好 你一定是雷了 |
[05:17] | Yes, hi, nice to meet you. | 是的 很高兴认识你 |
[05:19] | You’re Alex’s half-sister, right? | 你是艾利克斯同母异父的姐姐 对吗 |
[05:23] | Mm, is that how you describe me now? | 你现在要这么介绍我吗 |
[05:24] | – No, no. – Sorry, no, no, no, | -不是 -抱歉 不是的 |
[05:25] | I meant genetically half. You’re full in spirit. | 我是说基因上有一半相同 你的精神是完整的 |
[05:28] | Alex told me about the memorial. | 艾利克斯跟我说了追悼会的事 |
[05:32] | I can’t believe your mom blurted that out. | 不敢相信你妈就这么说了出来 |
[05:34] | Oh, well, you know, she’s extremely fond of attention. | 你懂的 她极度渴望关注 |
[05:37] | She is. | 是的 |
[05:38] | And you haven’t talked to her since? | 那以后你就没和她说过话吗 |
[05:40] | No. | 是的 |
[05:41] | Neither of us have. | 我们都没有 |
[05:42] | Don’t visit Medusa without a sword and mirror. | 一定要带上剑和镜子去会美杜莎 |
[05:46] | Okay, so… | 好了 |
[05:48] | this will be up the stairs and to the left. | 上楼左转 |
[05:52] | – Thanks. – Hello. | -谢谢 -你们好 |
[05:54] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[05:58] | Laura… | 劳拉 |
[05:59] | – Hi, Mom. – Who’s that? | -妈 -那是谁 |
[06:02] | Uh, Casey, my boss. | 凯西 我老板 |
[06:04] | – From petitioning. – What? | -请愿工作的吗 -什么 |
[06:06] | No, no, I don’t do that anymore. | 不不 我已经不干那个了 |
[06:08] | From Verde, my environmental internship. | 是绿色能源的 我的环境实习工作 |
[06:10] | She’s gonna shower, and then she’ll come down and join us. | 她要洗澡 然后再下来 |
[06:13] | Shower? | 洗澡 |
[06:15] | I don’t remember you mentioning Casey. | 我不记得你有提到过凯西 |
[06:18] | You didn’t ask. | 你没问 |
[06:27] | Now I know how King Tut feels. | 现在我知道图坦卡蒙是什么感受了 |
[06:29] | My sanctuary’s been desecrated. | 我的庇护所被亵渎了 |
[06:31] | How did it even get in? | 它是怎么进来的 |
[06:33] | Probably through the toilet. | 可能是通过马桶 |
[06:34] | They can do that? | 它们有这个能力 |
[06:35] | It’s more like what they can’t do. | 你该问有什么它们做不到的 |
[06:36] | They can collapse their rib cages. | 它们可以折叠它们的胸腔 |
[06:37] | Hold their breath for three minutes. | 屏住呼吸三分钟 |
[06:39] | Tread water for days. | 在水上行走数天 |
[06:40] | They’re everywhere and nowhere. | 它们无处不在又无处可寻 |
[06:42] | Like Russian hackers. | 就跟俄罗斯黑客一样 |
[06:43] | How do you know so much about rats? | 你怎么这么了解老鼠 |
[06:45] | Oh, we thought we had an infestation at Verde. | 我们之前以为在绿色能源有老鼠侵扰 |
[06:47] | Turns out it was just a rabid bat. | 结果只是一只有狂犬病的蝙蝠 |
[06:51] | Well, Rae, thanks a lot. | 雷 多谢你了 |
[06:53] | – Excuse me? – Well, do the math. | -什么 -你自己算算 |
[06:55] | Before you, no rat. After you, rat. | 你来之前没老鼠 来了后有老鼠 |
[06:57] | So you obviously brought it from New York. | 显然是你从纽约带过来的 |
[06:59] | Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it must have climbed aboard | 是啊 一定是蒸汽船出发时 |
[07:01] | my luggage when the steam ship set off. | 爬上了我的行李箱 |
[07:03] | Sure, or a train. I’ve seen “Fievel Goes West.” | 当然 或者火车 我看过《西部枪鼠》 |
[07:05] | – Fievel’s a mouse. – Okay, you know what? | -菲沃尔是只老鼠 -知道吗 |
[07:07] | It’s your house, your rat. You want it out? | 这是你家 你的老鼠 你想赶走它 |
[07:09] | – Call someone. – And quick. | -那就快叫人来 -而且要快 |
[07:11] | Where’s there’s one rat, there’s 20. | 出现一只老鼠 实际上有二十只 |
[07:18] | $1,000? | 一千 |
[07:20] | I can literally have a person killed for that. | 这钱我都可以雇凶杀人了 |
[07:23] | No, that’s not a threat. | 不 这不是威胁 |
[07:25] | It’s a fact said threateningly. | 只是用了威胁口吻陈述事实 |
[07:29] | Fucking extortionist. | 该死的敲诈者 |
[07:30] | Preying on the fearful… Who does that? | 捕食畏惧者 谁会这么干 |
[07:32] | Politicians, priests, every villain ever. | 政治家 牧师 史上所有的恶人 |
[07:35] | I’m worried about Laura. | 我很担心劳拉 |
[07:37] | – Why? – ‘Cause she’s secretly | -为什么 -因为她在偷偷 |
[07:39] | interning for a woman she brought here to shower. | 给一个她带来洗澡的女人实习 |
[07:41] | On a scale of one to Lewinsky, | 担心程度从一到莱温斯基 |
[07:43] | that feels like a five, at least. | 感觉至少是五 |
[07:45] | – Val… – What? | -小薇 -怎么 |
[07:46] | Your only daughter is trying to make a better world. | 你唯一的女儿在试图改善世界 |
[07:49] | This is what parents dream of, okay? | 这是父母梦寐以求的 好吗 |
[07:52] | As the revered poet McFerrin once said, | 可敬的诗人麦克费林曾说 |
[07:55] | “Don’t worry, be happy.” | “别担心 开心点” |
[08:02] | When is the exterminator coming? | 灭鼠员什么时候到 |
[08:04] | He can’t come till Thursday. | 最早要周四了 |
[08:06] | We’ll set the traps ourselves. | 我们自己设陷阱 |
[08:08] | I hope it doesn’t turn into a rat king. | 但愿它不要变成鼠王 |
[08:10] | What’s a rat king? | 什么是鼠王 |
[08:11] | Is that like “The Nutcracker”? | 类似”胡桃夹子”吗 |
[08:13] | When rats are in confined places | 当老鼠处于有限空间里时 |
[08:15] | and their tails get intertwined, they move as one, | 它们的尾巴缠在一起 作为一个整体移动 |
[08:17] | a roving tumbleweed of disease-ridden rodents. | 像一团在漫游的疾病缠身的啮齿目动物组成的风滚草 |
[08:20] | That is not real. That can’t be real. | 这不是真的 不可能是真的 |
[08:24] | – It’s real? – Yep, ugh. | -是真的吗 -是的 |
[08:27] | Evening, Gatherers. Let the magic commence… | 晚上好 玩家们 让魔术开始 |
[08:30] | Cheese? Whose side are you on, Leon? | 奶酪 你是哪边的 里昂 |
[08:33] | It’s real. | 是真的 |
[08:33] | – Yeah. – Wait. | -嗯 -等等 |
[08:34] | – What are we searching? – Stop googling the rat king. | -要搜什么 -别再谷歌鼠王了 |
[08:36] | Ah, like “The Nutcracker.” | 像《胡桃夹子》 |
[08:38] | Okay, we can’t live like this. | 我们不能这样生活 |
[08:41] | – Valerie. – Leon. | -薇拉莉 -里昂 |
[08:42] | Call back the exterminator. Beg. | 再打给灭鼠员 求他过来 |
[08:44] | No, no, we are man, | 不不 我们是人类 |
[08:48] | top of the food chain. | 位于食物链顶端 |
[08:50] | We’re the apex predator through wits alone. | 光靠智慧我们就是顶级掠食者 |
[08:52] | We don’t bow to nature. | 我们不向大自然屈服 |
[08:55] | No, we bend nature to our will. | 不 我们让大自然屈服于我们的意志 |
[08:57] | So let’s cast off these chains of modernity | 让我们抛弃这些现代的锁链 |
[09:00] | and kill this rat. | 杀死这只老鼠 |
[09:16] | They like beer, peanut butter, slim jims… | 它们喜欢啤酒 花生酱 牛肉棒 |
[09:20] | Rats, they’re just like us. | 老鼠就跟我们一样 |
[09:21] | They’re also thigmophilic. | 它们还靠触摸行动 |
[09:23] | – What does that mean? – “Touch-loving.” | -什么意思 -喜欢触摸 |
[09:26] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[09:27] | Hello? Yeah. | 喂 是的 |
[09:31] | We could always get cage traps and then | 我们可以用老鼠笼 |
[09:33] | set him free in a nice field. | 然后把它放生到田野 |
[09:36] | Leon, I’m not running a rat taxi. | 里昂 我不要开老鼠出租车 |
[09:37] | It’ll just come back anyway. | 它还是会回来的 |
[09:39] | Rats never forget a route in. | 老鼠从不会忘记来时的路 |
[09:40] | And poison won’t work either. | 毒药也没有用 |
[09:42] | They taste check their food more than Castro. | 它们验食物的频率比卡斯特罗还高 |
[09:44] | Rest in peace. | 安息 |
[09:45] | You should probably just burn your house down now | 你或许该直接把你房子烧了 |
[09:48] | and collect the insurance money while you can. | 还能拿保险赔偿 |
[09:49] | You weren’t hugged as a child, were you? | 你小时候缺爱 对吗 |
[09:51] | Okay, Jack is bringing traps. | 杰克会带陷阱过来 |
[09:55] | – Cage traps? – Death traps. | -诱捕笼吗 -死亡陷阱 |
[10:09] | – So Jack? – That’s his name. | -杰克 -这是他的名字 |
[10:12] | I wish I’d known. I would’ve fired up the egg. | 你该提前跟我说的 我就能烤个鸡蛋了 |
[10:15] | Fire up an egg. | 烤鸡蛋 |
[10:16] | Yeah, it doesn’t work like that. | 这样不行 |
[10:17] | Why wasn’t I debriefed? | 为什么不跟我说 |
[10:19] | ‘Cause we’re friends. There’s nothing to brief. | 因为我们是朋友 没什么可说的 |
[10:21] | I still think it’s weird. Why didn’t you tell us? | 我还是觉得奇怪 为什么不跟我们说 |
[10:23] | You didn’t ask. | 你们又没问 |
[10:26] | You didn’t want to bring your girlfriend? | 你不想带你女朋友过来吗 |
[10:27] | Well, I’m not sure she is my girlfriend yet. | 我还不确定她是不是我女朋友 |
[10:33] | – Here you go. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[10:35] | The only way to survive in this house. | 这是在这个家里生存下去的唯一方式 |
[10:37] | I’m not a huge fan of wine. | 我不太喜欢喝酒 |
[10:40] | Gives me bitching headaches. | 会让我头痛 |
[10:41] | Only if you stop. | 只有当你停止喝才会痛 |
[10:43] | So Verde… | 所以绿色能源 |
[10:46] | what is it you all do over there? | 你们在那具体是做什么的 |
[10:49] | Well, we work with communities impacted | 我们和受到液压破碎法以及油井 |
[10:51] | by fracking and oil wells, and, on a macro level, | 影响的社群合作 从宏观看 |
[10:54] | all people affected by climate change. | 所有人都受到气候变化的影响 |
[10:56] | – So everyone? – Whoever’s willing to listen. | -每个人吗 -愿意倾听的人 |
[10:59] | And do you have a lot of volunteers in high school? | 你们在高中有很多志愿者吗 |
[11:05] | Just Laura, but honestly, I forget sometimes. | 只有劳拉 不过老实说 我有时也会忘记 |
[11:08] | She fits in so well. | 她适应得很好 |
[11:09] | Well, she always has. | 她一向如此 |
[11:12] | Now why is it you don’t pay your full-time volunteers? | 为什么你不给你的全职志愿者发工资 |
[11:15] | Well, if we got paid, we wouldn’t be volunteers, would we? | 要是我们有工资 就不是志愿者了 对吗 |
[11:20] | 90% of our resources funnel back into the organization. | 我们九成的财富都会回到组织 |
[11:23] | I barely take a salary myself. | 我自己几乎都没工资 |
[11:25] | Wow, that sounds like a very hard life. | 听上去很艰难啊 |
[11:27] | Sometimes, but if you want to create real change, | 偶尔而已 但如果你想做出真的改变 |
[11:31] | then you gotta do more than drive a Prius. | 开普锐斯是远远不够的 |
[11:42] | Oh, finally, a witness. You see that deception on display? | 终于有目击者了 你看到那骗局了吗 |
[11:44] | – Okay, “Crucible.” – Val just lied to my face. | -好了 “” -小薇刚骗了我 |
[11:47] | – We don’t do that. – Except you lied to her, | -我们从不骗对方的 -可你一小时前 |
[11:48] | like, an hour ago about your mom. | 关于你妈的事 才对她说了谎 |
[11:51] | It’s… erroneous. | 那是错误的 |
[11:53] | Now you’re lying about lying. | 现在你在为了圆谎而撒谎 |
[11:54] | Haven’t you done enough? First you defile my house, | 你够了没 你先是弄脏我家 |
[11:57] | then you make wild accusations. | 然后又无端指控 |
[11:58] | – Who’s on a witch hunt now? – You know what? | -谁在搞政治迫害 -知道吗 |
[12:00] | For the last time, I did not bring rats into… | 我最后再说一次 我没有把老鼠带进 |
[12:03] | You brought rats. | 你带来了老鼠 |
[12:06] | Here’s Johnny! | 强尼来了 |
[12:07] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[12:10] | What… Wow. Quite the arsenal. | 军火库真丰富啊 |
[12:13] | Yeah, yeah, I took it kind of seriously. | 是的 我很认真对待这事 |
[12:16] | – Is there more? – There is, actually, but we… | -还有吗 -有的 但我们 |
[12:17] | Is that a bag of weapons? | 那是一袋武器吗 |
[12:19] | Even Stevie could kill with this arsenal. | 即便史提夫用这些武器都能消灭敌人 |
[12:22] | You’re the sunshine of my life. | 你真是我的救世主 |
[12:23] | Well, this doesn’t seem like a fair fight. | 这似乎不是公平的对决 |
[12:25] | We are under siege. | 我们正被围攻 |
[12:26] | Is it not fair to protect one’s keep | 难道保护一个人的食物 |
[12:28] | from an invading barbarian horde? | 不受野蛮部落入侵还有失公平吗 |
[12:31] | No, I just wish there was a more natural way. | 不 我只是希望有更自然的方法 |
[12:33] | What about a cat? | 用猫怎么样 |
[12:34] | In New York, bodegas keep cats to hunt rats. | 纽约的超市都会养猫来逮老鼠 |
[12:36] | Yes, only in New York do people keep cats to hunt rats | 没错 只有纽约人知道用猫逮老鼠 |
[12:40] | ’cause that’s not a mainstay of human history or anything. | 因为那不是人类历史的中流砥柱什么的 |
[12:42] | Of course, we don’t have a cat. | 再说 我们也没有猫 |
[12:44] | We have a bag of weapons. | 只有一袋武器 |
[12:45] | Leia has a cat. | 丽雅有养猫 |
[12:54] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:56] | Yeah, no, I’m great. | 当然 我很好 |
[12:57] | Jesus, what happened to your neck? | 天啊 你颈子怎么了 |
[13:00] | Oh, this little fucker’s vicious. | 被这小坏蛋抓的 |
[13:02] | Also he does not like to be cuddled. | 另外 它不喜欢被人抱 |
[13:04] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[13:09] | “You’re about to embark upon the Great Crusade.” | “你即将开始伟大的战斗” |
[13:12] | “The eyes of the world are upon you.” | “全世界的目光都注视着你” |
[13:15] | “The hopes and prayers of a liberty-loving people | “热爱自由的人们的希望和祈祷 |
[13:17] | everywhere march in communities…” | 充斥着四周…” |
[13:19] | Eisenhower’s D-Day speech. | 艾森豪威尔的诺曼底登陆日演讲 |
[13:20] | Yes, it just came to me. | 对 突然想到的 |
[13:21] | I love when that happens. | 我喜欢这样 |
[13:22] | The other day, I pulled Tom Skerritt’s “Top Gun” speech. | 那天我引用汤姆·斯凯里特在《壮志凌云》中的演讲 |
[13:26] | “Gentlemen you are the top 1% of all naval aviators…” | “先生们 你们是海军飞行员中最顶尖的1%” |
[13:31] | – Alex. – Right, sorry. | -艾利克斯 -抱歉 |
[13:37] | Joshua, it’s your time now. | 约书亚 轮到你上场了 |
[13:41] | He can be a little shy. | 它有些害羞 |
[13:46] | *We’re looking for the rat king* | *我们在寻找鼠王* |
[13:48] | *Rat king, rat king* | *鼠王 鼠王* |
[13:51] | *We’re looking for our problems to go…* | *我们希望问题统统消失…* |
[13:53] | – Uh, yeah, no, you’re making it worse. – Yeah, that’s dumb. | -别唱了 你在添乱 -是的 好蠢 |
[13:56] | You really don’t wanna find your dad? | 你真的不想找到你爸吗 |
[13:59] | – Sorry, I hope that’s not too intrusive. – No, it’s fine. | -抱歉 希望没有太冒昧 -没关系 |
[14:03] | Yeah, I just feel like I’m 40. | 我只是觉得已经40岁了 |
[14:04] | I don’t need to deliberately add pain to my life. | 不必再给自己找罪受 |
[14:07] | No, I get that. | 我明白的 |
[14:08] | I don’t know. I’m just saying finding my dad was really illuminating. | 我只想说 我找到父亲还是挺受启迪的 |
[14:10] | Come on. | 快点 |
[14:12] | – You found your dad? – Yeah. | -你找到你爸了 -是的 |
[14:13] | Dad, sperm donor, protein source. | 爸爸 精子捐献者 蛋白源 |
[14:15] | No, don’t get me wrong, I never felt lacking with my mom, | 别会错意 我跟我妈生活从没觉得缺爱 |
[14:17] | but something about seeing my nose on another person’s face | 但当看到另一个人长着和我相同的鼻子 |
[14:21] | gave me peace. | 能让我心安 |
[14:23] | Also, I found out I have nine half-siblings. | 另外 我还发现我有九个同父异母的兄弟姐妹 |
[14:26] | Yeah, that’s 18 kidneys. | 是啊 就是18个肾 |
[14:27] | Okay, new plan, | 好了 新计划 |
[14:30] | let’s pair up and pick rooms. | 我们分组选择房间 |
[14:32] | The rat’s not gonna come where we are, | 老鼠不会光临我们所在之处 |
[14:34] | and we need to give the cat room to do its thing. | 我们必须留房间给猫去干正事 |
[14:38] | – So now. – All right, lock and load. | -所以赶紧的 -各回各屋 |
[14:45] | Smooth, real smooth. | 很棒 棒极了 |
[14:48] | Here’s a thought… | 顺便一说 |
[14:50] | Ever consider I might be protective? | 你从没想过我可能保护欲很强吗 |
[14:53] | That maybe I don’t want my sister having | 或许我不希望我姐姐 |
[14:54] | an emotional conversation with a stranger | 和一个引来老鼠的陌生人 |
[14:57] | who brought rats? | 有情感交流 |
[14:58] | Yeah, nice try. What are you hiding? | 少来 你在隐瞒什么 |
[14:59] | I’m not hiding anything. | 我没隐瞒什么 |
[15:01] | Okay, cool, I’m gonna go find your sister | 好吧 那我这就去找你姐 |
[15:03] | and finish our conversation. | 结束这个话题 |
[15:06] | – Fine. – Great. | -行啊 -好的 |
[15:09] | Fuck, stop. | 该死 别去 |
[15:17] | Playing possum to lure the rat onto the bed. | 装死来引诱老鼠到床上来 |
[15:21] | – That’s a good technique. – Yeah. | -很有心机 -没错 |
[15:24] | You got me. | 被你发现了 |
[15:31] | You know it’s okay to be not okay, right? | 你知道你可以不必故作坚强的 对吧 |
[15:36] | Took me a year to feel like myself again after my dad passed. | 我花了一年时间才走出父亲过世的阴影 |
[15:40] | Oh, no, it’s not that. | 不 不是那样 |
[15:43] | The strange thing is knowing the full story just feels like | 奇怪的是 得知了来龙去脉之后 |
[15:46] | a weight’s been lifted that I didn’t even know I had. | 我感觉放下了以前所不知的重担 |
[15:49] | I always felt like something was off with us, and now I know why. | 我总觉得我们之间有些不对 现在终于明白了 |
[15:54] | No, it’s Laura that I’m worried about. | 不 我担心的是劳拉 |
[15:56] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[15:57] | Well, she’s… she’s volunteering. | 她在当志愿者 |
[16:01] | No. | 不是吧 |
[16:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:06] | I just… I don’t trust it. | 我只是 我觉得这很不靠谱 |
[16:09] | I… I… I don’t know what this Casey wants with Laura, | 我 我不知道凯西想得到劳拉什么 |
[16:13] | and I don’t know what Laura wants with her. | 也不知道劳拉想从她那得到什么 |
[16:20] | Do I sound crazy? | 我听着像个疯子吗 |
[16:23] | You’re a mother. | 你是个母亲 |
[16:26] | Trust your instincts. | 相信你的直觉 |
[16:30] | Is this okay? | 这样好吗 |
[16:32] | Yeah, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[16:48] | Sorry about the interrogation. | 质问的事很抱歉 |
[16:50] | All good. | 没关系 |
[16:51] | You think your mom’s the first to question | 你觉得你妈妈是第一个质疑 |
[16:53] | – my choices? – Still. | -我选择的人吗 -还是抱歉 |
[16:56] | I get it. I mean, you’re her daughter. | 我懂 你是她女儿 |
[16:59] | She sees you as a kid. | 她把你当孩子看 |
[17:01] | She doesn’t see you like I do. | 她不像我这样看你 |
[17:03] | Or know what we’re trying to do. | 也不理解我们想干嘛 |
[17:08] | * We’re looking for the rat king, the rat king* | *我们在寻找鼠王 鼠王* |
[17:10] | Stop. | 够了 |
[17:13] | – Are you…? – What? | -你 -什么 |
[17:17] | I said, are you upset? | 你难过吗 |
[17:18] | If you just had feelings for her, you should have told me. | 如果你对她有感觉 你本该告诉我的 |
[17:23] | Who, Valerie? | 谁 薇拉莉 |
[17:24] | I mean, you didn’t tell me about tonight for a reason, | 你没把今晚的事告诉我是有原因的 |
[17:26] | and I am so stoned I feel like Matt Damon in “The Martian,” | 我一脸懵逼 像《火星救援》里的马特·达蒙 |
[17:30] | except no one’s gonna catch me, | 只是没人会来抓住我 |
[17:32] | and I’m just gonna float away into the void of space, | 就这么飘入无垠的太空 |
[17:35] | but I still know that | 但我依然知道 |
[17:38] | I can’t be your second choice. | 我不能是你的第二选择 |
[17:43] | I don’t have feelings for Valerie. | 我对薇拉莉没感觉 |
[17:45] | Then why didn’t you tell me about tonight? | 那你为什么不和我说今晚的事 |
[17:48] | I’ve ruined relationships by being overbearing… | 我因为傲慢毁了好几段感情 |
[17:55] | And I… I couldn’t forgive myself if I did it with you. | 如果我这样对你 我没法原谅自己 |
[18:01] | You could never be anyone’s second choice. | 你永远不会是别人的第二选择 |
[18:06] | I just wasn’t sure if I could be your first choice. | 我只是不确定我能不能成为你的第一选择 |
[18:08] | But you could. | 你可以的 |
[18:11] | I mean, you are. | 你就是 |
[18:28] | No more hiding. Let’s tell them tonight. | 别躲躲藏藏了 我们今晚就告诉他们 |
[18:37] | I don’t know why I went back. | 我不知道为什么我回去了 |
[18:40] | Something drew me in. | 有什么东西吸引了我 |
[18:43] | Maybe it feels powerful to be polarizing. I don’t know. | 两极分化可能让我觉得更有力量吧 我也不知道 |
[18:47] | I should have just fucking told Val. | 我他妈的就该告诉小薇的 |
[18:50] | – Alex… – I know, I know. | -艾利克斯 -我知道 我知道 |
[18:53] | You are shouldering too much weight. | 你背负太多了 |
[18:57] | I don’t think so. | 我不这么觉得 |
[18:58] | Your mom gave you information that you didn’t want. | 你妈给了你你不想知道的信息 |
[19:01] | She did it to hurt you. | 她这么说是为了伤害你 |
[19:03] | Yeah, and I let her. | 对 我让她这么做了 |
[19:05] | Well, you can’t control your parents. | 你控制不了你的父母 |
[19:07] | You can’t cure them. | 你不能治愈他们 |
[19:09] | Just tell Val. | 告诉小薇就好 |
[19:11] | She’ll understand. | 她会理解的 |
[19:16] | How do you know when I’m lying? | 你怎么知道我在说谎的 |
[19:17] | You have a tell. You do it when we play “Magic.” | 你有个习惯 我们玩万智牌的时候你就会做 |
[19:20] | I do not. | 才没有 |
[19:23] | I’ll forgive you for the rat. | 老鼠的事我原谅你 |
[19:32] | Where were you the night that I showed up at your hotel | 我到你酒店你却不在的那晚上 |
[19:33] | and you were gone? | 你去哪了 |
[19:39] | Vegas. | 拉斯维加斯 |
[19:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:43] | A buddy of mine had a bad breakup, | 我的一个哥们经历了悲惨的分手 |
[19:45] | and I felt like I couldn’t say no. | 我觉得自己没法拒绝 |
[19:50] | It started out okay. | 刚开始还行 |
[19:53] | A few hours at the strip club the first night. | 第一晚在脱衣舞俱乐部待了几小时 |
[19:57] | A few more the second night, and then, uh, one morning, | 第二晚再多待了一会 然后一天早上 |
[20:01] | I woke up, and my hotel room was trashed. | 我醒了 我宾馆房间一片狼藉 |
[20:04] | There was a woman to the left of me, | 我左边有个女人 |
[20:06] | and a man to the right that I swear to God | 右边是个男人 我对天发誓 |
[20:09] | was about 400 pounds. | 他大概有四百磅重 |
[20:13] | And she said that I owed her $10,000. | 她说我欠她一万美元 |
[20:18] | $10,000? For what? | 一万美元 干嘛了 |
[20:22] | Do not know. Don’t remember. | 不知道 不记得了 |
[20:25] | So then I just paid her, and they let me go. | 然后我就付给她了 他们让我走了 |
[20:31] | It was low. | 太贱了 |
[20:33] | I was ashamed. | 我很羞愧 |
[20:35] | Then I came back. You were there. | 然后我回来 有你陪着 |
[20:39] | And it was great. We were us. | 很美好 我们很自然 |
[20:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:46] | I miss us. | 我想念我们的感觉 |
[20:50] | I wish I had an easier answer for you, | 我希望能给你一个更简单的答案 |
[20:52] | and I know that with my celibacy that | 我知道由于我禁欲的问题 |
[20:54] | I couldn’t ask you to try again, but… | 我没法让你再试一次 但 |
[20:58] | – But? – I want to try again. | -但 -我想再试一次 |
[21:08] | It’s taunting me. | 它在嘲笑我 |
[21:08] | To be fair, you’re trying to kill it. | 平心而论 你想杀死它啊 |
[21:10] | ‘Cause it broke the social contract. It came inside. | 因为它违反了社会公约 到屋内来了 |
[21:13] | In New York, they understand. | 在纽约 它们都懂 |
[21:15] | Tracks are for them. The platforms are for us. | 轨道是它们的 月台是我们的 |
[21:18] | I think nature took its course. | 我觉得它已经顺应了天意 |
[21:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[21:25] | Ah, proud of you, buddy. | 为你自豪 哥们 |
[21:29] | With death, we celebrate life. | 既然它死了 我们就来庆祝下生吧 |
[21:36] | “Gentlemen, this school is about combat…” | 先生们 学校意味着竞争 |
[21:38] | “There are no points for second place…” | 第二名是没有意义的 |
[21:41] | “Dismissed.” | 解散 |
[21:44] | Hey, when do you think they’ll start | 你觉得他们什么时候会开始 |
[21:45] | playing beach volleyball, huh? | 打沙滩排球 |
[21:50] | Sorry I gotta take this | 不好意思 我得接一下 |
[21:52] | So you need to pick a style that | 你要选一个最能 |
[21:54] | best reflects your personality, right? | 反映出你性格的样式 对吧 |
[21:55] | Oh, sorry, so you need red and blue and white, | 抱歉 所以你需要红色 蓝色和白色 |
[21:58] | and you might be blue because, you know, | 你可能是蓝色 因为 |
[22:01] | because you’re confident. Right? | 因为你很自信 对吧 |
[22:09] | You guys seem really close, you and Casey. | 你俩看起来很熟嘛 你和凯西 |
[22:12] | Yeah, I guess so. | 大概吧 |
[22:14] | Something going on with you two? | 你俩之间有什么情况吗 |
[22:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:18] | You know, you have a pattern. | 你有种模式 |
[22:22] | What pattern? | 什么模式 |
[22:24] | Michael, Aubrey, you know, the tendency to sort of | 迈克尔 奥布里 你倾向于 |
[22:30] | complicate relationships with sex. | 使一切都因为性而复杂起来 |
[22:35] | Wow, it’s so sad that’s what you think of me. | 你是这么看我的 真令人伤心 |
[22:39] | Well, Laura… | 劳拉 |
[22:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:52] | I think I’ve overfilled my family quota. | 我觉得我已经超额完成和家人相处的任务了 |
[22:55] | Vacate? | 撤吗 |
[22:56] | Definitely. | 绝对的 |
[22:58] | Uh, I’m due at my girlfriend’s. | 我得去找我女朋友了 |
[22:59] | She’s threatening to go full Ophelia. | 她威胁我要疯 |
[23:01] | So if you wanna go, I’ll take you home? | 你要是想走 我可以送你回家 |
[23:03] | Thanks, yeah, that’d be great. | 谢谢 那太好了 |
[23:10] | – Later. – Thanks for the shower. | -回头见 -谢谢你让我洗澡 |
[23:12] | – Oh, bye, sure, anytime. – Bye. | -拜 客气 -拜 |
[23:14] | We’re gathering for the Magic. | 我们来玩万智牌 |
[23:15] | – Bye! – All right, let’s go. | -拜 -好了 我们走吧 |
[23:20] | – So Laura’s leaving? – Shit, yeah, I guess so. | -劳拉走了 -该死 应该是吧 |
[23:24] | She didn’t tell you? | 她没跟你说 |
[23:26] | It seems to be her M. O. these days. | 这就是她最近的做事风格 |
[23:28] | Yeah, speaking of, um, remember my dress shoes From Dad’s memorial? | 说起来 你记得我在老爸的追悼会上穿的鞋吗 |
[23:35] | Um, I couldn’t just abandon them at Mom’s, | 我不能把它们丢在妈家里 |
[23:37] | so after we released Dad, or whatever, | 所以我们把爸的骨灰撒掉之后 |
[23:41] | I went back to save them and Mom told me | 我回去拯救它们 然后妈跟我说 |
[23:44] | you have a half-brother. | 你还有一个同母异父的兄弟 |
[23:49] | It’s crazy, right? | 简直疯了 是不是 |
[23:53] | Yeah, it’s really… that’s crazy. | 是 简直太疯狂了 |
[23:58] | Yeah, so, thought you should know. | 嗯 我想你应该知道 |
[24:03] | Thanks for telling me. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[24:06] | All right, guys, should we play? | 好了 我们可以玩了吗 |
[24:08] | Absolutely, come on. | 当然 来吧 |
[24:15] | Got to cut this album. | 这张唱片应该给剪了 |
[24:18] | All right, “Magic” Time. | 好啦 万智牌时间 |
[24:20] | Oh, yeah, the Gathering time. | 万智牌时间 |
[24:21] | Jack’s gonna be frustratingly good at this. | 虽然很烦 但杰克一定会玩得很好 |
[24:23] | Did I get beginner cards or something? | 给我的是新手牌之类的吗 |
[24:24] | No, I gave you the new deck. | 不 我给了你一副新的 |
[24:26] | – Yeah, yeah. – No, I believe you. | -好吧 -不 我相信你 |
[24:30] | Uh, before we start, I’d just like to say that… | 开始之前 我想先说 |
[24:35] | I have to take a rain check on this game. | 我得改日再来玩了 |
[24:38] | I’ve had a really long week, and I’m so tired. | 这周事情特别多 我感觉很累 |
[24:41] | – You need a ride? – Uh, yeah, that’d be great. | -你需要搭便车吗 -嗯 那太好了 |
[24:43] | – Bye. – Oh, no. | -拜 -不 |
[24:45] | No, no, it’s okay… you can play another time. | 不 不 没关系 你可以下次再玩 |
[24:48] | – Really? – I think I should call it too. | -真的假的 -我也得走了 |
[24:51] | Oh, same. | 我也是 |
[24:52] | – I gotta get Joshua. – Please, we haven’t even | -我得把约书亚带上 -拜托 我们连 |
[24:54] | played one game yet. | 一局都没玩呢 |
[24:57] | Ah, we gotta celebrate man’s victory. | 我们要庆祝人类的胜利 |
[24:59] | To triumph and human spirit! | 庆祝胜利和人类的精神 |
[25:01] | All right, bud, next time. | 好了 兄弟 下次吧 |
[25:04] | – All right, this was fun. – Bye. | -好吧 今天很好玩 -拜 |
[25:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:09] | Bye. | 拜 |
[25:10] | – Okay. – Oh, sorry. | -好吧 -抱歉 |
[25:22] | When I was a kid, I wanted to study earthquakes | 小时候 我想研究地震 |
[25:25] | because I was so terrified of when the big one would hit. | 因为我特害怕不知何时一场大地震会来袭 |
[25:28] | I felt like if I could predict it, | 我想如果我能预测它 |
[25:30] | then I would feel so much safer. | 我就会感觉更安全 |
[25:33] | Even the best seismologist can’t predict it. | 连最好的地震学家都无法预测 |
[25:38] | Like, they can’t, they just… they can’t. | 他们无法预测 就是无法预测 |
[25:42] | We have no control. | 我们控制不了 |
[25:43] | We are as clueless as the people of Pompeii. | 我们和庞贝古城的人一样无能 |
[25:49] | I mean, at least they died quick. | 至少他们死得挺快 |
[25:59] | I wanna try. | 我想试试 |
[26:02] | Without the sex. | 不要性爱 |
[26:05] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[26:07] | I can wait. | 我可以等 |
[26:10] | And I miss us too. | 我也想念我们在一起的时候 |
[26:23] | So did you, uh, did you talk to Val? | 所以 你 你跟小薇说了吗 |
[26:28] | And? | 然后呢 |
[26:30] | What, weight lifted or… | 一身轻松了 还是 |
[26:32] | Well, no, not exactly. | 没有 不完全是 |
[26:34] | Really? Man, I thought she seemed | 是吗 我以为她走的时候 |
[26:36] | pretty happy when she left. | 看上去挺开心的 |
[26:39] | She has a tell too. | 她也有个习惯 |
[26:44] | Fuck. | 操 |
[26:47] | * We’re looking for the rat king * | *我们在寻找鼠王* |
[26:49] | * Rat king, rat king * | *鼠王 鼠王* |
[26:53] | * We’re looking for your problems to go away * | *我们希望问题统统消失* |
[26:59] | * We’re looking for the rat king Rat king, rat king * | *我们在寻找鼠王 鼠王 鼠王* |
[27:05] | * So get on the phone and call us today * | *所以拿起电话 联系我们* |
[27:12] | Rat King Exterminators, | 鼠王终结者 |
[27:14] | because we know pest control is royally serious. | 因为我们知道鼠疫防治很重要 |