时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | You’re currently not working? | 你目前是出于失业的状态吗 |
[00:10] | I’m dabbling in the hospitality business. | 正在涉足酒店行业 |
[00:13] | If I put you on a budget, | 如果你节省开支的话 |
[00:14] | your savings can get you through the end of the year. | 你的存款足够支撑你到年底 |
[00:17] | Okay, so this is the cereal aisle, | 好了 这边是谷物区 |
[00:19] | and it’s just like Postmates, | 就像Postmates |
[00:20] | except if you want a box, you just grab one. | 只是如果你想要个盒子 你可以随便拿一个 |
[00:21] | – Hush. I’m multitasking. – Job search? | -别说话 我在一心多用 -找工作 |
[00:24] | Tell me! | 告诉我 |
[00:25] | It’s all dumb, just dressed up entry-level stuff. | 都太蠢了 全是入门级工作 |
[00:28] | Where are you getting this list? | 这些清单你是从哪搞来的 |
[00:29] | – Head hunter. – That sounds violent. | -猎头 -听上去很粗暴啊 |
[00:31] | That’s what work is, | 工作就是这样 |
[00:32] | sublimation of our violent desires to hunt and fuck. | 是我们想要捕猎和做爱的粗暴欲望的升华 |
[00:35] | Why would you lie to me about the tattoo? | 为什么要在文身的事上撒谎 |
[00:36] | ‘Cause I’m a teenager. | 因为我是青少年 |
[00:37] | If you want it removed, you can earn the money yourself. | 如果你想把它去掉 你可以自己赚钱去 |
[00:40] | Fine. | 去就去 |
[00:41] | Hello, hurried consumer. | 你好 仓促的顾客 |
[00:43] | Care to sign the green power initiative | 愿意给绿色能源提案签字 |
[00:45] | and put alternative fuel vehicles on the road? | 让代用燃料汽车成为可能吗 |
[00:46] | You do not. | 你不愿意 |
[00:47] | What does one do in a storytelling class anyway? | 讲故事课上要做什么 |
[00:49] | We mine the experiences of our lives | 我们挖掘自己生活的经历 |
[00:51] | to create a truthful and engaging performance piece. | 创造一场真实迷人的表演秀 |
[00:55] | Sounds hokey. | 听上去很做作 |
[00:56] | Quarterlife crisis. | 青年危机 |
[00:57] | Mm! Midlife crisis. | 中年危机 |
[00:58] | Well, she looks like she’s having a midlife crisis. | 她看起来像正在经历中年危机 |
[01:00] | But she’s dressed like she’s having a quarterlife crisis. | 但是她打扮得像正在经历青年危机 |
[01:03] | And her boots are new, so that’s part of it. | 她的靴子是新的 这也是其中一部分 |
[01:05] | How did you know I got ’em today? | 你怎么知道我今天才买的 |
[01:06] | Check your sole. | 看看你鞋底 |
[01:15] | Oh, no. | 不行 |
[01:18] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[01:20] | – No. – Wait, wait, wait. | -不 -等等 等等 |
[01:21] | – She was pretty. – Robot. | -她挺漂亮的 -机器人 |
[01:23] | How many times a day | 你觉得普通人 |
[01:24] | do you think the average person gets rejected? | 每天要被拒绝多少次 |
[01:26] | Guy or girl? | 男生还是女生 |
[01:28] | Uh, guy. | 男生 |
[01:29] | Single app or across all platforms? | 只是手机应用还是包含所有平台 |
[01:32] | Let’s say all. | 所有 |
[01:33] | Thousands. | 上千 |
[01:34] | Oh. Here he is. Hello. | 他打来了 喂 |
[01:40] | I like your necklace. | 我喜欢你的项链 |
[01:43] | It’s a Celtic charm. | 是凯尔特人护身符 |
[01:44] | Yeah, huh. Looks like two trees fucking. | 嗯 看着像两棵树在做爱 |
[01:48] | The tree of life’s about the connection | 生命之树是关于 |
[01:50] | between all God’s creations: | 上帝所有创造物之间的联系 |
[01:53] | tree, animal, man, woman. | 树 动物 男人 女人 |
[01:56] | Well, I like it a lot. | 我很喜欢 |
[02:00] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[02:01] | Valerie. | 薇拉莉 |
[02:04] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[02:15] | That was quick. | 真够快的 |
[02:16] | Got an interview. | 约了一个面试 |
[02:17] | Some new company in digital branding. | 一个搞数字品牌营销的新公司 |
[02:20] | Sounds promising. | 很有前途的样子 |
[02:21] | Oh, yeah. Very promising. | 是的 非常有前途 |
[02:26] | What’s going on there? You working something? | 那边什么情况 你在搞什么动作吗 |
[02:27] | No, just a little something. | 没 就是点小动作 |
[02:30] | Mm, did you tip him? | 你给他小费了吗 |
[02:31] | Yep. | 给了 |
[02:33] | Bad move. | 昏招 |
[02:34] | Now he thinks you look down on him. | 现在他会觉得你看不起他 |
[02:35] | No, you… you know, what do you know? | 才没 你又懂什么 |
[02:37] | Lots. | 懂很多 |
[02:38] | Mallory. | 马乐丽 |
[02:41] | Go on, Mallory. | 去啊 马乐丽 |
[02:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:49] | It’s Valerie. | 我叫薇拉莉 |
[02:51] | All right, democracy in action. Listen. Thanks, Megan. | 好的 民主进行时 谢谢 梅根 |
[02:54] | You have yourself a nice day. | 祝你今天愉快 |
[02:58] | Excuse me, sir. | 打扰下 先生 |
[02:59] | Are you re… | 你是 |
[03:00] | Sir. | 先生 |
[03:03] | Do you ever think about maybe shutting down your phone | 你有没有想过关掉你的手机 |
[03:05] | and just tuning in to the world around you? | 融入你周围的世界 |
[03:08] | Once. | 就一次 |
[03:09] | Yeah, but then I realized I was standing in a parking lot | 但然后我意识到我站在停车场里 |
[03:11] | and it got too real too fast. | 很快就变得很现实 |
[03:14] | This is all a big joke to you, huh? | 这对你就像个笑话 是吗 |
[03:16] | Well, they say laughter is the best medicine for despair. | 他们说笑声是绝望最好的解药 |
[03:20] | People are gonna sum up your generation in one word… | 人们将用一个词总结你们这一代 |
[03:23] | Scapegoat? | 替罪羊 |
[03:24] | Entitled. | 自以为是 |
[03:25] | You’re asking people to sign paper for money. | 你是为了钱让人签字 |
[03:27] | Okay? It’s not exactly Standing Rock. | 好吗 跟人家游行抗议的人比什么都不是 |
[03:29] | You know, fights need foot soldiers too, huh? | 战斗也是需要步兵的 |
[03:31] | And that includes skilled petitioners. | 这包括老练的请愿人 |
[03:34] | Skilled? | 老练 |
[03:35] | Anyone could do this job. | 任何人都能干这活 |
[03:37] | Yeah, almost anyone. | 是啊 几乎任何人 |
[03:59] | – Fuck. – What do you think? | -我操 -你觉得怎么样 |
[04:01] | Too much? | 太夸张了 |
[04:02] | Uh, just depends on what you were going for. | 要看你想要什么样的效果 |
[04:04] | Eight hours of rigor mortis, | 八小时尸僵 |
[04:05] | 12-inch knife wound, self-inflicted. | 12英寸的刀伤 自己造成的 |
[04:10] | Then I think you nailed it. | 那么你做到了 |
[04:11] | Dude, thanks. Glad you approve. | 谢谢 很高兴你满意 |
[04:14] | I wouldn’t say that. | 也没到满意的程度 |
[04:14] | No, in New York, no one gives a shit about FX makeup. | 在纽约 没人关心特效化妆 |
[04:18] | That’s crazy, right? | 这很荒谬 对吗 |
[04:20] | In a city full of monsters. | 在一座满是怪兽的城市 |
[04:23] | Anyway, just happy to be in this supportive community. | 总之 很高兴来到这个互相鼓励的社区 |
[04:27] | You ever seen “Skeletons Fight For Flesh”? | 你看过《骷髅为血肉而战》吗 |
[04:29] | Oh, it’s the best! | 最赞了 |
[04:31] | They’re making a sequel. | 他们要拍续集 |
[04:33] | I’m out here for eight seconds, and already I’m going in | 我才来了八秒钟 就已经 |
[04:35] | for a meeting with the prop master. It’s like… | 在和道具师会面了 |
[04:39] | Crazy, but awesome. | 很疯狂 但很棒 |
[04:43] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[04:45] | Oh! Also stoked this worked out, | 还有我很激动这次住宿顺利 |
[04:47] | ’cause there’s some, like, | 因为在民宿圈 |
[04:47] | some real weirdos in the Airbnb community. | 有不少变态 |
[04:49] | Can’t be too careful, you know? | 再小心也不为过 |
[04:50] | Easy. You’re gonna run into… | 慢点 你会撞到 |
[04:51] | I… yep. | 我 嗯 |
[04:53] | Cool base. | 真酷 |
[04:59] | Every car on the road is an opportunity. | 路上的每辆车都是一次机会 |
[05:01] | It’s a chance for us to make a dent in climate change. | 这是我们在气候变化中取得进展的机会 |
[05:03] | Oh my gosh. Aren’t you just the cutest! | 我的天 你真可爱 |
[05:05] | – If we can all just… – What’s her name? | -如果我们都能 -她叫什么 |
[05:06] | Oh, Holly. | 霍利 |
[05:07] | No way. That’s my mom’s name. | 不会吧 我妈也叫这个 |
[05:09] | – Oh, really? – Yeah, after Buddy Holly. | -真的吗 -是的 以巴迪·霍利的名字起的 |
[05:11] | I love Buddy Holly. | 我喜欢巴迪·霍利 |
[05:12] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[05:13] | Hey, okay. I know you’ve been talking to Tracy here, | 我知道你在跟特雷西聊天 |
[05:15] | but would you mind signing my petition sheet? | 不过你能给我的请愿书签字吗 |
[05:18] | You know, I’m just trying to prove to my mom that I can do this. | 我只是想给我妈证明我能做这个 |
[05:21] | You know, and it would just mean a lot to me. | 对我意义很大 |
[05:23] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:23] | Good for you for taking the initiative. | 你能采取主动行动真好 |
[05:27] | – Whoa, those are some cool shoes. – Thank you. | -鞋子真酷 -谢谢 |
[05:29] | They’re kind of like mine, only yours are sparkly, | 跟我的挺像 不过你的闪闪发亮 |
[05:30] | which makes them way cooler. | 比我的酷炫 |
[05:32] | I’m jealous. | 好忌妒 |
[05:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:35] | – Really appreciate it. – No problem. | -非常感谢 -客气 |
[05:36] | – Thanks. Have a great day. – Bye, Holly! | -谢谢 祝你有美好的一天 -再见 霍利 |
[05:40] | – You little shit. – Oh, Tracy, come on. | -你个小贱人 -特雷西 拜托 |
[05:43] | This is bigger than you and me, right? | 这比你我更重要 不是吗 |
[05:45] | This is about the world. | 这关乎世界 |
[05:47] | It’s about making a difference. | 关乎改变 |
[05:50] | It’s about the future. | 关乎未来 |
[05:57] | Wow, bikes always remind me of my dad. | 自行车总是让我想起我爸 |
[05:59] | He fell off his, and now he’s paralyzed from the waist down. | 他从自行车上摔下 现在下半身瘫痪 |
[06:01] | Hey, will you sign this petition? | 你能给这份请愿书签字吗 |
[06:07] | Wow, that’s a great shirt. | 你的T恤真好看 |
[06:08] | Hey, you ever think about how we’re selling oil to people | 你有没有想过我们为什么把石油卖给 |
[06:10] | who hate our way of life and probably want us dead? | 讨厌我们生活方式 或许还希望我们死的人吗 |
[06:13] | I mean, like, Arizona in August. You can’t even wear black. | 八月的亚利桑那 根本没法穿黑色衣服 |
[06:16] | That’s LA in 20 years if we don’t get to work. | 如果现在不开始行动 二十年后的洛杉矶就是那样 |
[06:20] | I mean, look. Is global warming a Chinese conspiracy? | 全球变暖是中国的阴谋吗 |
[06:23] | I’m not a scientist. | 我不是科学家 |
[06:24] | But if you sign this, I get 65, | 但如果你签字 我可以拿65分钱 |
[06:26] | and it’ll help get rid of my awful tattoo. | 能帮我去掉我丑陋的文身 |
[06:50] | That was fun the other night. | 那天晚上挺好玩的 |
[06:51] | Yeah, it was very fun. | 是的 很好玩 |
[06:54] | We should hang again sometime. | 我们应该找个时间再聚聚 |
[06:57] | Okay. Hello, everybody. | 好了 大家好 |
[07:03] | I confess. | 我坦白 |
[07:04] | Last week was tough, I know. | 上周很艰难 我知道 |
[07:07] | But we gained an understanding | 但我们知道了 |
[07:09] | that it’s not just words that shape our stories. | 构成我们故事的不仅仅是词语 |
[07:14] | It’s our bodies. | 还有我们的身体 |
[07:16] | Yeah? So how do we use that? | 所以我们要如何使用它们 |
[07:18] | How do we take advantage of that? | 如何利用它们 |
[07:22] | First, we have to understand… | 首先 我们得明白 |
[07:25] | When are you free? | 你什么时候有空 |
[07:26] | How about tomorrow night? | 明晚怎么样 |
[07:30] | Tomorrow’s good. | 明天可以 |
[07:31] | – Then we can work on… – Cool. | -然后我们可以练习 -好 |
[07:32] | Reflecting or subverting those feelings. | 表达或者推翻那些感觉 |
[07:35] | The “Mad Men” stuff is over. | 《广告狂人》里的东西已经过时了 |
[07:37] | TV spots, pretty campaigns, | 电视宣传片 漂亮的广告 |
[07:39] | their reach is negligible. | 它们的影响力可以忽略 |
[07:41] | Yeah, any brand who wants to target consumers who matter, | 任何想瞄准重要客户的品牌 |
[07:43] | they come to us. | 他们都找我们 |
[07:44] | The right influencer paired with the right product | 适当的有权势者配上适当的产品 |
[07:46] | can generate millions of impressions and, | 可以产生巨大的影响 |
[07:49] | by extension, millions of sales. | 甚至于 巨大的销量 |
[07:51] | Yeah, do you know how much Kim Kardashian charges | 你知道让金·卡戴珊发一个带赞助的Instagram照片 |
[07:53] | for a sponsored Instagram post? | 要收多少钱吗 |
[07:55] | $700,000. | 七十万 |
[07:59] | For one picture? | 就一张照片 |
[08:00] | We could get her $750. | 我们可以用七十五万签下她 |
[08:01] | We will get her $750. | 我们会的 |
[08:02] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -嗯 -好吧 |
[08:03] | And how would I fit in? | 那我要干什么 |
[08:04] | We want to grow beyond talent. | 我们想拓宽更多领域 |
[08:06] | Packaging, content production, even apps. | 包装 内容生成 甚至手机应用 |
[08:08] | It’s all on the horizon. | 都在筹备中 |
[08:10] | And as chief technology officer, I would, what, | 作为首席技术官 我要 |
[08:13] | head up a development team? | 领导一个发展团队吗 |
[08:15] | Uh, yeah, eventually that’s… that’s the hope. | 是的 希望如此 |
[08:17] | Yeah, we’re still in our capital building phase. | 我们仍处于筹集资金阶段 |
[08:19] | Our IPO’s another year or two away, so… | 我们的首次公开募股还要一到两年 |
[08:21] | The CTO is more of an IT professional. | 首席技术官更像是IT行家 |
[08:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:26] | So you want me to be the guy | 所以你们希望我 |
[08:28] | who tells you how to restart your computer? | 教你们如何重启电脑 |
[08:30] | – Oh, no. – No, no. | -不是 -不是的 |
[08:33] | That’s a stereotype. | 那是刻板印象 |
[08:34] | IT’s critical to a business like ours. | IT技术对我们这种行业很重要 |
[08:37] | Yeah, well, that’s why we rebranded the position. | 所以我们改了这个职位的名称 |
[08:39] | I mean, calling something by a different name | 换名字并不会改变 |
[08:41] | doesn’t change what it is. | 一个东西的本质 |
[08:42] | That’s debatable. | 这有待争论 |
[08:43] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[08:44] | Oh, look. Yeah, we get it. It’s a new role for you. | 我们懂的 这对你来说是个新角色 |
[08:47] | But you’d be getting in early. | 但你很快就能适应 |
[08:49] | Yeah, and there’s a real opportunity for growth | 而且在一个你可能已老化的世界里 |
[08:51] | in a world you may be aging out of? | 有真的成长机会 |
[08:54] | – Okay. – I’m sorry. | -好吧 -不好意思 |
[08:55] | It’s just the people we meet your age, | 只是我们碰到的像你这个年龄的人 |
[08:57] | they’re not versed in the newer languages: | 对新式用语都不太熟练 |
[08:58] | Swift, Julia, Google Go. | Swift Julia 谷歌Go |
[09:01] | But… but for all I know, you’re fluent in all of them. | 但就我所知 这些你都挺熟练的 |
[09:05] | So think it over. Let us know. | 所以好好考虑下 决定好了告诉我们 |
[09:07] | Yeah. | 对 |
[09:08] | – I will. – Cool. | -我会的 -很好 |
[09:10] | – Thanks. Thanks for coming in. – Yeah, great. | -谢谢 谢谢你过来 -很好 |
[09:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[09:14] | – Thanks. – Yeah, thanks. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[09:19] | – Oh, it’s sliding. – Yep, sliding. Okay. | -这是滑动式的 -滑动式的 好吧 |
[09:32] | Hey, there. | 你好 |
[09:33] | Got a minute to stick it to the oligarchy? | 有空支持下寡头政治吗 |
[09:39] | What do you think these signatures are for? | 你觉得这些签名是干嘛用的 |
[09:41] | Clean energy initiatives. | 清洁能源倡议 |
[09:42] | Like what? | 比如呢 |
[09:43] | Uh, research, subsidies… | 研究啊 补助啊 |
[09:46] | What kind of subsidies? | 什么补助 |
[09:47] | Fuel-efficient cars. | 节能汽车 |
[09:50] | $3 billion worth? | 值三十亿 |
[09:52] | And who do you think benefits from that? | 那你觉得谁能从中受益呢 |
[09:55] | Everyone? | 所有人 |
[09:58] | Who’s paying you for these signatures? | 你搞这些签名谁付你钱 |
[10:00] | People. | 别人 |
[10:01] | You don’t think maybe the people backing this initiative | 你不觉得那些支持这个倡议的人 |
[10:03] | have a less than philanthropic agenda? | 对慈善可能并不感兴趣吗 |
[10:07] | What do you know? | 你又知道什么 |
[10:08] | Nothing. | 什么都不知道 |
[10:09] | I’m just a concerned citizen of the world… | 我只是这世上一位忧心的公民 |
[10:11] | like you. | 像你一样 |
[10:19] | It’s ridiculous. I didn’t start a company | 太可笑了 我创办公司可不是为了 |
[10:21] | to argue semantics with Kim Kardashian’s social media pimps. | 和金·卡戴珊的社交媒体皮条客比嘴皮子 |
[10:25] | Do I command that little respect now? | 我现在连这点尊重都配不上了吗 |
[10:28] | It’s demeaning. | 太有损身份了 |
[10:29] | Yes. Yes, it is. It’s very demeaning. | 是的是的 确实是 太损身份了 |
[10:32] | Hi, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[10:34] | – How was harassing strangers? – Fine. | -骚扰陌生人的活怎么样了 -还行 |
[10:36] | Have you guys heard of the Clean Renewables Institute? | 你们听说过清洁可再生能源研究所吗 |
[10:39] | – No. – Nope. | -没有 -没 |
[10:40] | It’s the group behind my petition. | 这是我请愿书背后的组织 |
[10:42] | And some woman said that it was, like… Not what it… | 有个女人说这就像 并不是 |
[10:45] | What? | 怎么了 |
[10:46] | Top-Knot wants to go out to dinner. | 发髻男想约我出去吃晚餐 |
[10:48] | The horror! | 危险 |
[10:48] | He said he wants to hang. | 他说他想聚聚 |
[10:50] | “Hang” means “hook up.” Not eat. | 聚聚就是约炮 不是去吃饭的 |
[10:52] | You can’t do both? | 你不能两样都做吗 |
[10:53] | I can. | 可以啊 |
[10:54] | I just… I’m gonna have to get half a portion of food | 我只是 我只能吃一半饭量 |
[10:56] | or, like, a side salad so I look good naked | 比如一份副餐沙拉 这样脱光好看点 |
[10:58] | and the whole time I’m gonna be thinking about | 然后全程我就会一直在想 |
[10:59] | how hungry I am and how I can’t wait for him to finish | 自己有多饿 多迫不及待他能结束 |
[11:03] | so I can hurry up and pick up a burrito. | 好让我能赶快去买个玉米煎饼 |
[11:05] | – Ghost him. – Straight to the shadow realm. | -不理他 -直接打入冷宫 |
[11:06] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[11:08] | – He’s in my class. – Oh, no. | -他在我班上 -不会吧 |
[11:12] | Now I just want a burrito. | 现在我只想要个玉米煎饼 |
[11:13] | 匹配成功 蒂娜离你0英里远 | |
[11:14] | I have a potentially terrible idea. | 我有个主意 可能不太好 |
[11:19] | Hmm. You like alpacas. | 你喜欢羊驼 |
[11:20] | Oh, yeah, I love alpacas. | 对啊 我超爱羊驼 |
[11:22] | How delightful. | 太可爱了 |
[11:24] | Have you ever seen one? | 你有见过吗 |
[11:25] | I have a sweater. | 我有件羊绒衫 |
[11:34] | So when’s the last time you sang with someone? | 上次你和别人唱歌是什么时候 |
[11:37] | Uh, when… that I… What? | 我 什么 |
[11:39] | It’s one of the 36 questions. “The New York Times”? | 那是《纽约时报》里的三十六个问题之一 |
[11:44] | Okay. Oh, those… | 好吧 那些 |
[11:45] | Like, for me, I sing, | 比如我 我会唱歌 |
[11:46] | but mostly just alone in the shower. | 但通常都是一个人在洗澡的时候唱 |
[11:49] | Maybe you’ll hear it. | 也许你有机会听到 |
[11:52] | What’s your perfect day? | 你心目中完美的一天是什么样子 |
[11:57] | Um, I think it’s… yeah, excuse me. | 我觉得是 不好意思 |
[11:59] | Hi. Yeah. | 你好 对的 |
[12:02] | Have we decided? | 点好了吗 |
[12:03] | – Let’s see. – We’ll do the tasting menu. | -我们看看 -我们来个试吃套餐 |
[12:05] | – Is that okay with you? All right? – Well, that’s a lot. | -你可以吗 行吗 -那很多 |
[12:07] | And if you’re interested in the soufflé, | 如果你喜欢舒芙蕾 |
[12:09] | I suggest you order now. | 我建议你现在就点 |
[12:10] | It takes 45 minutes to prepare. | 这要准备四十五分钟 |
[12:13] | Love soufflé. | 爱死舒芙蕾了 |
[12:14] | Let’s do it. Let’s do it. | 点吧 点吧 |
[12:16] | Actually, um, I’d prefer the… the cheese plate, | 其实 我更喜欢奶酪拼盘 |
[12:19] | if that’s all right with you, so… | 如果你不介意的话 |
[12:22] | Fuck the soufflé. | 去他的舒芙蕾 |
[12:24] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[12:25] | So cheese, huh? | 所以奶酪 |
[12:27] | Where’d that start? | 从哪开始的 |
[12:32] | Ah, I can’t really tell how hungry I am. | 我都无法描述自己有多饿 |
[12:36] | Do you do this a lot? | 你经常约人吗 |
[12:37] | – App date? – No, not recently. | -网约 -没有 最近很少 |
[12:39] | I guess your profile just spoke to me. | 你的资料刚好让我产生共鸣 |
[12:41] | Oh, I’m sure it had nothing to do with the fact | 我敢肯定这和我离你一百尺远 |
[12:42] | that I was like 100 feet away. | 没什么关系 |
[12:44] | Well, don’t you just love life’s little coincidences? | 生活里的机缘巧合最美妙了 |
[12:48] | So what do you do? | 你是干嘛的 |
[12:49] | – In life? – In work. | -日常 -工作 |
[12:51] | Do you know Snooger? | 你知道Snooger吗 |
[12:53] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:53] | Yup, my baby. | 我做的 |
[12:55] | That’s me. Founded it, cashed out, | 就是我 创立 然后卖掉 |
[12:57] | and now here we are. | 然后就现在这样了 |
[12:58] | Good for you. | 真行啊 |
[12:59] | Never thought I’d be one of those… | 从没想过自己会成为 |
[13:00] | dot-com guys, but there are worse things, I guess. | 经营互联网公司的家伙 但还有更糟的 |
[13:03] | – Yeah, there are. – Yeah. | -没错 -是的 |
[13:05] | So you probably know, then, | 那也许你知道 |
[13:07] | why people keep coming back. | 为什么人们停不下来 |
[13:09] | You know, why the app is so appealing. | 为什么这应用那么的吸引人 |
[13:11] | Yeah, I have my theories. | 我有我的理论 |
[13:13] | – Yeah, me too. – Oh, yeah? | -我也有 -是吗 |
[13:15] | And they are? | 是什么呢 |
[13:19] | I think it’s the swipe. | 我觉得是因为刷的动作 |
[13:20] | You know, it’s just that gesture. | 就那一个动作 |
[13:22] | – Yeah? – There’s no movement. | -是吗 -不用活动 |
[13:24] | No time wasted. | 不用浪费时间 |
[13:25] | And it’s so elegant, | 而且还那么优雅 |
[13:27] | like a conductor with a wand. | 像一个挥舞指挥棒的指挥家 |
[13:28] | You know, and one swipe can unlock a person in an instant. | 刷一下就可以瞬间解锁一个人 |
[13:32] | Like a video game or something. | 像电子游戏什么的 |
[13:34] | And it just opens up this world | 它为你开启了 |
[13:36] | of all these different possibilities | 拥有不同可能性和能量的 |
[13:38] | and all these energies, and it’s… | 一个世界 这很… |
[13:39] | It’s pretty cool. | 这很酷 |
[13:41] | Sorry. I’m rambling. | 抱歉 我又在胡说八道了 |
[13:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:48] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:49] | – Oh, come on. – That was just very insightful. | -拜托 -这很有见解 |
[13:52] | And weirdly passionate. | 还很怪异地激情 |
[13:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:55] | You know, I’ve thought a lot about this. | 我想过很多有关这方面的事 |
[13:57] | Why go into it if you’re not gonna do the research? | 如果你不做调查的话为什么还要使用呢 |
[13:59] | I totally agree. | 我完全赞同 |
[14:01] | Yeah, I, um… | 我… |
[14:02] | You’re 28? | 你28岁 |
[14:04] | And you own a home. | 你有自己的房子 |
[14:06] | Have a career. | 有你的事业 |
[14:07] | That’s… that’s impressive. | 真是厉害 |
[14:09] | I had help from my parents. | 我父母给了我一些帮助 |
[14:10] | Which I used to be ashamed about, | 我以前对此感到很羞愧 |
[14:12] | but, you know, I realized that | 但我意识到了 |
[14:15] | you can’t live your whole life apologizing for something | 你不能一辈子活着为一些 |
[14:17] | that’s out of your control. | 你不能控制的事情而道歉 |
[14:18] | It’s what you do with it. | 重要的是如何应对 |
[14:19] | So now I just want to work and give a little back | 所以现在我只想好好工作然后报答他们 |
[14:21] | and find a guy that has his shit together. | 找一个踏实的人 |
[14:26] | Yeah. I’ll drink to that. | 说得很好 |
[14:28] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[14:34] | You’re so funny. That’s so rare. | 你真搞笑 真的很少见 |
[14:37] | You don’t meet many women who… | 你很少遇到那样的女人 |
[14:39] | Who what? | 什么样的女人 |
[14:45] | I just… I can’t get that soufflé out of my mind. | 我… 我还是想吃舒芙蕾 |
[14:47] | Can we just put one in? | 可以来一份吗 |
[14:49] | Perfect. | 当然 |
[14:51] | Thank you. Oh, don’t worry. | 谢谢 不要担心 |
[14:52] | We’ll still get the cheese plate. | 我们还是会吃奶酪拼盘的 |
[14:55] | – Yeah. – That’s crazy. | -是的 -这真是疯狂 |
[14:57] | I know. Exes are awkward enough, | 我懂的 前任本就够尴尬了 |
[15:00] | but add in a pregnancy and it fucks with you. | 再加上怀孕的话真的很操蛋 |
[15:02] | Yeah, I get it. | 我懂的 |
[15:04] | But here’s the craziest part. | 但是最疯狂的是 |
[15:07] | My whole life, I’ve been mortally afraid of this. | 我一辈子 一直在道德上害怕这种事 |
[15:10] | The accidental pregnancy. | 意外怀孕 |
[15:11] | Being locked into something without being prepared for it. | 还没准备好就被困在里面了 |
[15:14] | But when she told me it wasn’t mine… | 但是当她告诉我不是我的之后… |
[15:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:20] | It kinda broke my heart. | 我有点伤心 |
[15:23] | Sorry. I know I’m not supposed to say that. | 抱歉 我知道我不应该这么说的 |
[15:24] | No, no, you can totally say that. | 没关系 你可以说的 |
[15:26] | I just don’t want to be an old dad. | 我只是不想当一个老爸爸 |
[15:28] | And if I keep fucking around for five more years, then what? | 如果我继续鬼混五年的话 结果会怎样 |
[15:31] | I wake up, and I’m in my 40s, | 我醒来 然后我就四十多岁了 |
[15:32] | and my knees fuckin’ hurt, | 我的膝盖很痛 |
[15:34] | and I wonder where my life went. | 然后我会想去我的生活去了哪 |
[15:36] | Yeah, I totally want a family too. | 我也想要成家 |
[15:38] | You know, but everywhere I look, I see the same messaging. | 但我看的每个地方 都显示的同一条信息 |
[15:40] | Wait until you’re older. | 等你老一些再成家 |
[15:42] | Don’t sacrifice your dreams to have a family. | 不要为了成家牺牲你的梦想 |
[15:45] | Everyone says that to me. | 所有人都对我这么讲 |
[15:47] | But what if having a family is my dream? | 但是如果成家是我的梦想呢 |
[15:49] | Well then, I think that’s a wonderful dream. | 我觉得只是个美妙的梦想 |
[15:54] | Any religious affiliation? | 你有什么宗教信仰吗 |
[15:57] | Agnostic. | 不可知论 |
[15:58] | Outstanding warrants? | 你是通缉犯吗 |
[15:59] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知没有 |
[16:01] | Disease-free? | 没什么病吧 |
[16:02] | With quarterly checkups. | 每季度定期体检 |
[16:04] | – Should we go back to my place? – I’ll call the car. | -要去我家了吗 -我去叫车 |
[16:07] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[16:08] | Great. | 很好 |
[16:10] | Excuse me. | 失陪下 |
[16:24] | He won’t stop looking at me. | 他一直盯着我看 |
[16:25] | – We’re gonna take off. – Wait… what? | -我们要走了 -等等…什么 |
[16:28] | Yeah. She’s amazing. What a night. | 她棒极了 多美好的夜晚啊 |
[16:29] | Alex, this guy is like raw plutonium | 艾利克斯 那男的就像钚一样 |
[16:34] | radiating poison into my skin | 把毒辐射进我的皮肤 |
[16:35] | and breaking me down with his toxic lack of self-awareness. | 还用他有毒的缺乏自我意识使我消沉 |
[16:39] | My Uber’s here. | 我的优步到了 |
[16:41] | And it’s surge pricing, | 现在是峰时价格 |
[16:42] | so I really don’t want to make him wait. | 所以我不太想让他等我太久 |
[16:45] | Go have fun. Bye! | 玩得愉快 再见 |
[16:53] | Mmm, my God, this soufflé is so good. | 天 这个舒芙蕾真好吃 |
[16:55] | – You should try some. – Nah. I’m good. | -你应该尝尝 -不用了 |
[17:02] | That was impressive. | 你真厉害 |
[17:04] | Byron, if you keep ordering me drinks… | 拜伦 如果你继续给我点喝的的话 |
[17:08] | I’m gonna keep drinking ’em. | 我会一直喝下去的 |
[17:11] | ‘Cause that’s the kind of night that I’m having. | 因为我今晚就要这样 |
[17:14] | Have a wonderful night. | 祝你们今晚愉快 |
[17:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:19] | What? Oh. | 什么 |
[17:20] | No, I paid when you went to the bathroom. | 你去厕所的时候我付过钱了 |
[17:23] | Just a little trick I picked up. | 我最近学的小伎俩 |
[17:26] | – Yeah. – Sneaky tricks. | -嗯 -阴险的小伎俩 |
[17:31] | Well, that is very, very… | 你真的非常 |
[17:35] | very thoughtful. | 体贴 |
[17:38] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[17:40] | So what do you say? | 所以你觉得怎么样 |
[17:42] | Do you have the energy for one last stop? | 还有精力去最后一站吗 |
[17:44] | Maybe a little nightcap at your place? | 或许去你家再小酌一杯 |
[17:51] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[17:53] | Just look at me. | 看着我 |
[17:54] | Yeah. Right here. | 对 就这里 |
[17:57] | I’m gonna cum. | 我要射了 |
[17:59] | Will you cum with me? | 你要跟我一起射吗 |
[18:00] | Um… sure. | 当然 |
[18:33] | That was incredible, huh? | 刚才真爽 是吧 |
[18:37] | Great. | 很好 |
[18:52] | Goodnight, Byron. | 晚安 拜伦 |
[18:56] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[19:04] | Move the hot tamale. Now the blue sucker. | 移动那颗红色的 现在移动蓝色的 |
[19:07] | You’ll get a candy avalanche. | 就能得到糖果雪崩了 |
[19:08] | Dumb. | 笨呐 |
[19:10] | I’ll get us a table. | 我去找个桌子 |
[19:13] | You again. | 你又来了 |
[19:15] | Oh, you remember me? | 你记得我 |
[19:17] | Can’t forget you. | 忘不了你啊 |
[19:19] | So what, your boyfriend afraid of me? | 你男朋友怕我吗 |
[19:21] | Um, well, he’s my brother. | 他是我弟弟 |
[19:22] | And yeah, probably. | 可能是怕你吧 |
[19:25] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[19:28] | I’ll call you when it’s ready. | 好了我叫你 |
[19:29] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:31] | 拜伦 宝贝 | |
[19:40] | Hey wrote, “Hey bb.” | 他写的 “宝贝” |
[19:41] | Top-Knot? | 那个发髻男 |
[19:44] | When’s your next class? | 下节课什么时候 |
[19:46] | – Tonight. – Yikes. | -今晚 -哎哟 |
[19:47] | It is so bad. | 简直太糟了 |
[19:48] | I drank all the gin | 我把酒都喝了 |
[19:50] | just to un-hear him, | 就为了听不见他说话 |
[19:52] | and he would not stop talking. | 但是他完全停不下来 |
[19:54] | You got to nip this in the bud. | 你得把这段关系扼杀在摇篮里 |
[19:55] | – I mean, how? – Text him. | -怎么杀 -发短信给他 |
[19:57] | Tell him you want to be friends. Short and sweet. | 告诉他你只想做朋友 简短又温柔 |
[19:58] | Yeah, but I don’t want to be friends. | 可是我不想做朋友 |
[20:00] | I just want the benefits. | 我只想当炮友 |
[20:01] | Well, then get ’em somewhere else. | 去别的地儿找吧 |
[20:02] | – Trust me. – How’s my landlord? | -相信我 -我房东怎么样了 |
[20:05] | I’m seeing her again tonight. | 我今晚再去见她 |
[20:06] | Ugh. Unbelievable. | 不可理喻 |
[20:07] | Val, listen, she’s incredible. | 小薇 她棒极了 |
[20:09] | She’s honest, driven… | 她真诚 执着 |
[20:12] | knows exactly what she wants. | 知道自己想要什么 |
[20:14] | I mean, it’s almost scary. | 几乎有些吓人 |
[20:15] | To reconnect with Emmy, and then just like that, | 和艾米恢复联系 然后突然间 |
[20:18] | meet someone who checks all the boxes? | 遇到一个人 满足你所有要求 |
[20:20] | I mean, what are the odds? | 这几率能有多大 |
[20:21] | What are the odds? | 这几率能有多大 |
[20:23] | – You’re on tilt. – What? | -你失去控制了 -什么 |
[20:25] | Mallory! | 马乐丽 |
[20:31] | – Close enough. – Yeah. | -不错了 -对 |
[20:39] | One day of work, huh? | 就一天热度 |
[20:40] | That’s all you had in you? | 你就这么点儿能耐 |
[20:41] | – Not now. – I guess it’s for the best. | -别现在来烦我 -这样可能最好了 |
[20:43] | When the world starts boiling and it’s too hot to move, | 当世界热开了锅 我们都热得动不了了 |
[20:45] | you’ll be perfectly prepared. | 你肯定已经完全准备好了 |
[20:47] | Entitled Millennial. | 自以为是的零零后 |
[20:49] | Fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[20:51] | You’re a fucking fraud. | 你他妈就是个骗子 |
[20:52] | You don’t give a shit about me. | 你根本就不在乎我 |
[20:54] | The Clean Renewables Institute? | 清洁可再生能源协会 |
[20:55] | It’s a group of rich old men | 就是一帮有钱的老头 |
[20:58] | who want to sell natural gas. | 想卖天然气而已 |
[21:00] | Keep your voice down. | 你小点声 |
[21:01] | Why, are you afraid people are gonna quit signing? | 为什么 你怕人们不来签名吗 |
[21:03] | God, you’re just a fucking user, like everyone else. | 你他妈的就是在利用别人 跟大家一样 |
[21:06] | No, you know what? You’re worse than that. | 不对 你知道吗 你比这更恶劣 |
[21:08] | Because you fucking know better, and you still sell this shit. | 因为你明知道真相 还在卖这垃圾 |
[21:11] | And you’re right, the world probably is gonna boil. | 你说得对 这世界可能是会热开锅 |
[21:13] | But at least you’ll have enough money | 但至少你已经赚够钱 |
[21:15] | to run your fucking air conditioning. | 开你该死的空调了 |
[21:17] | Congratulations! | 恭喜你啊 |
[21:53] | 薇拉莉 很开心 但我们就这样吧 | |
[22:21] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[22:22] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[22:25] | What was that about? | 刚刚是怎么回事 |
[22:27] | Nothing. It’s just the stupid petition. | 没什么 就是这个无聊的请愿书 |
[22:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:35] | God. | 天 |
[22:38] | I’m a fuck-up. | 我就是一团糟 |
[22:40] | Even when I try to do good, it turns bad. | 就连我想做点好事 它都能变糟 |
[22:46] | At least you’re trying. | 至少你在努力啊 |
[22:50] | That’s what you say to someone who’s | 这句话是说给那些 |
[22:51] | destined for failure. | 注定会失败的人的 |
[22:59] | Well, I’m always looking for interns. | 我随时都需要实习生 |
[23:03] | Failures need not apply. | 失败者不需要申请 |
[23:05] | 凯西·奥利昂 社区管理员 | |
[23:18] | That was probably illegal, huh? | 那大概是非法的吧 |
[23:21] | Super illegal. | 极其非法 |
[23:31] | So, how did you know? | 所以 你怎么知道的 |
[23:33] | I went to the shelter a couple times. | 我去过救助站几次 |
[23:37] | And the two times that we met, | 我们相遇的两次 |
[23:39] | we locked eyes, and he’s got the cutest… | 我们互相对视 他长着最可爱的 |
[23:42] | little face, and these human eyes, | 小脸 还有那人类的眼睛 |
[23:45] | and it was, um… | 那是 |
[23:47] | it was an instant connection. | 瞬间就产生了联系 |
[23:49] | You just know. | 你就是知道 |
[23:50] | Yeah. I miss my dog. | 是啊 我想我的狗了 |
[23:54] | Carl. | 卡尔 |
[23:56] | Well, you should get another one. | 其实 你应该再养一条狗 |
[23:58] | I got the space. | 我有空间 |
[23:59] | You do. You do. | 是的 你有 |
[24:03] | I knew I’d love your place. | 我就知道我会爱上你家的 |
[24:05] | – My temple on the hill. – Yeah. | -我在山上的寺院 -对 |
[24:10] | So. | 所以 |
[24:11] | So… | 所以 |
[24:14] | how about you show me the rest of it? | 带我看看剩下的地方怎么样 |
[24:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:45] | Hello. Welcome, everyone. | 大家好 欢迎大家 |
[24:52] | So. Who wants to go first? | 那么 谁想先来 |
[24:58] | Byron. Fantastic. | 拜伦 太好了 |
[24:59] | Please, take the stage. | 请上台来 |
[25:15] | It started with Whitney Houston. | 这个故事是从惠特尼·休斯顿开始 |
[25:17] | “The Greatest Love of All.” | 《最伟大的爱》 |
[25:19] | I’d heard that song a million times, | 这首歌我听过成百上千遍 |
[25:21] | but I never really thought about it. | 但我从未认真思考过它的含义 |
[25:23] | Nor did I think of it then. | 以往我也没有认真想过 |
[25:25] | For my thoughts were only of her. | 因为我想的都是她 |
[25:29] | Our first encounter. | 我们的初次邂逅 |
[25:31] | It was brief, | 很短暂 |
[25:33] | but tonight’s dinner was to bring our spring to bloom. | 但今晚的晚餐本将让春意绽放 |
[25:37] | I took her aboard a cuisine cruise | 我带她品尝了七道菜的佳肴盛宴 |
[25:39] | of seven courses, each more lavish than the last. | 每一道都比上一道更奢华 |
[25:44] | But it wasn’t enough. | 但这不够 |
[25:47] | I opened my heart, praised her wit… | 我敞开心扉 赞颂她的聪明才智 |
[25:52] | But she toyed with me. | 但她将我玩弄于股掌之间 |
[25:54] | Like a cat with a rat, she shunned my eyes | 就像猫戏弄老鼠 她避开我的炯炯目光 |
[25:57] | and plundered my soul’s vessel. | 掠夺了我盛装灵魂的躯体 |
[26:01] | At home, I lay awake, | 在家里 我夜不成眠 |
[26:02] | tending to my shaken core. | 安抚着我受伤的心灵 |
[26:05] | Was I still Byron? | 我还是拜伦吗 |
[26:08] | Or had she taken that from me too? | 或者她连我的身份都掠夺了 |
[26:12] | I soon realized the answer, | 我很快意识到了答案 |
[26:14] | for I’d heard it earlier that night. | 因为那晚早些时候我听到过 |
[26:18] | If I fail, if I succeed. | 如果我失败了 如果我成功了 |
[26:22] | No matter what they take from me, | 不论他们从我身上拿走什么 |
[26:24] | they can’t take away my dignity. | 我的尊严坚如磐石 |
[26:32] | And that is the greatest love of all. | 而这就是最伟大的爱 |
[26:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:39] | Yes. We can clap. | 我们可以鼓掌 |
[26:42] | Definitely clap. | 必须得鼓掌 |
[26:44] | Sorry, that was… | 对不起 刚才真的 |
[26:47] | really, really, good. | 太棒了 |
[26:49] | Yeah. That was great. | 是啊 太棒了 |
[27:10] | Hey, who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[27:11] | Oh, I’m Rae. | 我是雷 |
[27:13] | I’m… sorry, I’m Alex’s Airbnb. So that’s it. | 抱歉 我是艾利克斯爱彼迎上的租客 就是这样 |
[27:18] | Dude! I got the job on the movie. | 伙计 我拿到了电影里的那个工作 |
[27:22] | So, um, yeah, and I, uh… | 所以 然后我 |
[27:24] | I was thinking, what if I stayed in the room | 我在想 我是否可以继续 |
[27:28] | and rented in more of like a longer-term situation? | 住在那间屋子里 长期租用 |
[27:31] | ‘Cause I know money’s tight. | 我知道资金紧迫 |
[27:32] | You know, and you’re looking for work, | 你也正在找工作 |
[27:33] | so even if it’s, you know, | 所以即便你让我 |
[27:34] | till you find something, whatever, | 住到你找到合适的工作也行 |
[27:37] | it would really help me out. | 这会极大地帮助我 |
[27:39] | – Right. – You guys want drinks? | -好 -你们喝点什么吗 |
[27:41] | – No thanks. – No. | -不用了 谢谢 -不用 |
[27:42] | She’s cute. Nice meeting you. | 她很可爱 幸会 |
[27:45] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[27:46] | It’s just… it’s so crazy. | 只是这 这太疯狂了 |
[27:48] | I don’t understand. She needs you right now? | 我不懂 她现在需要你吗 |
[27:50] | Yeah. Yeah, you know, she’s my boss. | 你知道的 她是我的老板 |
[27:51] | This happens sometimes. | 这种情况时有发生 |
[27:53] | – Sorry. – Yeah, but it’s… | -对不起 -可是 |
[27:55] | 11:00 at night. | 现在是晚上十一点 |
[27:56] | Yeah, it is. And you know what? Oh, shoot. | 是的 你知道吗 该死 |
[27:58] | Okay, I just remembered that I’m gonna be out of town | 我才想起接下来两周 |
[28:00] | for the next two weeks | 我都要出城去 |
[28:01] | at this expo, so I’ll just, um… | 参加博览会 所以我 |
[28:04] | – I’ll call you when I’m back. – You can stop. | -等我回来再联系你 -打住吧 |
[28:08] | Look. | 听着 |
[28:10] | You’re here, and I’m here. | 你在这 我也在这 |
[28:14] | Is this because of Rae? | 这是因为雷吗 |
[28:16] | Because I can evict her. I can do that. | 我可以赶她出去 我可以这样做 |
[28:18] | Just toss her ass right back out on the street. | 把她扔回街上 |
[28:21] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[28:22] | We can do the things. | 我们可以做各种事 |
[28:24] | – The things? – Yeah. | -各种事 -对 |
[28:25] | You don’t have a job. | 你连工作都没有 |
[28:28] | Yeah. I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:49] | Need a ride? | 搭顺风车吗 |
[28:50] | No, I’m the late shift. | 不 我上夜班 |
[28:56] | You’re doing all right. Right? | 你工作干得还好 对吧 |
[29:01] | – Don’t forget to wear sunscreen, okay? – Okay. | -别忘了抹防晒霜 -好吗 好的 |
[29:31] | Mallory. | 马乐丽 |
[29:35] | Do you find me attractive? | 你觉得我有魅力吗 |
[29:38] | I do. | 是的 |
[29:39] | Do you think you can have sex with someone | 你觉得你可以和一个 |
[29:40] | you find attractive? | 你认为有魅力的人发生关系吗 |
[29:41] | No strings attached? | 没有任何负担枷锁 |
[29:45] | – I can. – Excellent. | -我可以 -太好了 |
[29:48] | You don’t even know my name. | 你连我的名字都不知道 |
[29:50] | You don’t know mine. | 你也不知道我的啊 |
[29:53] | So… | 所以 |
[29:56] | No, no, no, I… | 不不不 我 |
[29:57] | just don’t… | 别 |
[29:59] | Don’t do anything. | 别做任何事 |
[30:00] | Just leave him there, and I… | 把他留在那就行 我 |
[30:02] | no, I’m downstairs. I’ll be up in one second. | 不 我现在在楼下 我马上上来 |
[30:06] | No, just wait, just wait. | 不 就等一下 等一下 |