| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:04] | I want it off my body. | 我想去掉这文身 | 
| [00:06] | You pay for half, and I will pay for half. | 你付一半 我付一半 | 
| [00:09] | You get a summer job. Might be good for you. | 你找个暑期工作 也许对你有好处 | 
| [00:11] | You might actually learn something. | 你也许能学到什么 | 
| [00:13] | Compensation-wise, what are we looking at? | 关于工资 大概是多少 | 
| [00:15] | It’s, uh, 65 a signature. | 一个签名六十五 | 
| [00:17] | – Dollars? – Cents. | -美元 -美分 | 
| [00:19] | These are ballot props, not credit card applications. | 这是公民表决提案 不是信用卡申请 | 
| [00:21] | You’re currently not working? | 你目前是处于失业的状态吗 | 
| [00:23] | I mean, I’m dabbling in the hospitality business. | 正在涉足酒店行业 | 
| [00:26] | In the past 12 months, your expenses are nearly double. | 在过去的十二个月里 你的支出翻了一倍 | 
| [00:29] | If I put you on a budget, | 如果你节省开支的话 | 
| [00:30] | your savings can get you through the end of the year, maybe. | 你的存款足够支撑你到年底 | 
| [00:35] | Oh, Leon, you’re a lifesaver. | 里昂 你真是救命恩人 | 
| [00:37] | The movers are gonna be here between 10:00 and 12:00, | 送货员要10点-12点之间到 | 
| [00:39] | but who knows. | 不过谁知道呢 | 
| [00:40] | They also said I’d have a table two weeks ago. | 他们还说我的桌子两周前就会到了 | 
| [00:43] | It’s, uh, quite a tale. | 说来有趣 | 
| [00:47] | – Why is Leon on your floor? – Because he made dinner. | -里昂为什么在你地板上 -因为他做了晚饭 | 
| [00:49] | Cloth napkins and a checkered blanket? | 餐巾和格子毛毯 | 
| [00:50] | He made you an indoor picnic. | 他给你准备了一顿室内野餐 | 
| [00:51] | We were supposed to get ribs later. | 我们本来一会儿要去吃肋排的 | 
| [00:53] | I just wanted to come home, | 我就想回到家来 | 
| [00:55] | sit at a table, open up my journal. | 坐在桌子旁 打开我的日记 | 
| [00:58] | And I just wanted to map out | 我只是想制定个计划 | 
| [00:59] | how I was gonna make my life feel different. | 要怎么改变我的生活 | 
| [01:02] | I just want things to feel different. | 我只是想让一切变得不同 | 
| [01:09] | So… what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 | 
| [01:14] | It’s a table. | 这是张桌子 | 
| [01:15] | That’s it? It’s just a table? | 就没了 是张桌子 | 
| [01:18] | Uh, sturdy legs, flat surface. | 桌脚坚固 桌面平坦 | 
| [01:22] | Yeah, I’m getting a definite table vibe. | 这确实是张桌子 | 
| [01:24] | I birthed you out of my own body. | 你是从我身体里生出来的 | 
| [01:26] | So I’ve heard. | 我知道 | 
| [01:28] | I’m surprised you didn’t go mid-century modern. | 我很惊讶你竟然没走中世纪现代风 | 
| [01:30] | What is that? An old age joke? | 那是什么 老笑话吗 | 
| [01:32] | Only if you make it one. | 除非你硬要这么想 | 
| [01:34] | Oh, fine. | 好吧 | 
| [01:36] | You are giving me lots of fuel, | 你给了我很多素材 | 
| [01:39] | pages and pages of it. | 好多好多页 | 
| [01:42] | Aw, someone’s nervous for her first day. | 有人为她的第一天紧张了 | 
| [01:44] | Well, I’m cautiously optimistic. | 我谨慎保持乐观 | 
| [01:46] | What does one do in a storytelling class, anyway? | 讲故事课上要做什么 | 
| [01:49] | We mine the experiences of our lives | 我们挖掘自己生活的经历 | 
| [01:52] | to create a truthful and engaging performance piece. | 创造一场真实迷人的表演秀 | 
| [01:56] | Sounds hokey. | 听上去很做作 | 
| [01:58] | Don’t you have work? | 你不用上班吗 | 
| [02:03] | – Love you. – Love you back. | -爱你 -我也爱你 | 
| [02:34] | Hey, there. | 你们好 | 
| [02:35] | Oh, good morning. | 早上好 | 
| [02:37] | Getting an early start, I see. | 起得很早嘛 | 
| [02:38] | Yeah, well, you know what they say. | 俗话说 | 
| [02:39] | The early bird gets the worm, doesn’t he? | 早起的鸟儿有虫吃 | 
| [02:42] | Never realized how grossly sexual that saying could be. | 以前从没意识到这句俗话可以如此色情地恶心 | 
| [02:45] | Oh, hey, uh, we wanted to ask your advice. | 我们想听听你的建议 | 
| [02:46] | Should we do the Walk of Fame or the La Brea Tar Pits first? | 我们该先去星光大道还是拉布里沥青池 | 
| [02:48] | Well, I really… I wanted to see the Hollywood sign. | 我想看好莱坞标志 | 
| [02:50] | Oh, yeah, that’s fun. Just check to see that it’s up. | 那个不错 不过要看看它在不在 | 
| [02:53] | They take it down twice a week to clean the letters. | 他们每周要摘下两次清理字母 | 
| [02:55] | – Really? – Oh, I didn’t realize that. | -真的吗 -我之前都不知道 | 
| [02:56] | That seems like a lot. | 两次有点多了吧 | 
| [02:57] | Oh, I don’t know, Ken. I mean, it is a cultural icon. | 我不知道 肯 它毕竟是个文化象征 | 
| [03:00] | Yeah, we’re very proud of it. | 嗯 我们为此很自豪 | 
| [03:03] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [03:04] | I’m a terrible host. | 我是个糟糕的主人 | 
| [03:05] | Can I pop a couple in for you guys? | 你们要吃吗 | 
| [03:08] | No. | 不用 | 
| [03:11] | We bought those bagels. | 那些硬面包圈是我们买的 | 
| [03:12] | Oh, but please, help yourself. | 不过你尽管吃 | 
| [03:14] | – Uh, there is enough for everyone. – I’m sorry. | -分量是够的 -抱歉 | 
| [03:17] | Just maybe next time, you could just ask. | 或许下次你能提前问下 | 
| [03:19] | Yeah, of course. Um, just give me one second, | 当然 再等我一下 | 
| [03:22] | and I will be out of your way. | 我马上走 | 
| [03:26] | It’s your tomato, isn’t it? | 这是你们的番茄 对吗 | 
| [03:28] | – Yeah, it is. – Fuck. | -是的 -操 | 
| [03:47] | Do you like this outfit? | 你喜欢这身衣服吗 | 
| [03:50] | Do you want me to lie, or be your friend? | 你想我说谎还是做你的朋友 | 
| [03:54] | Well, since when are the two mutually exclusive? | 什么时候开始这两件事互斥了 | 
| [03:57] | You look like a kindergarten teacher. | 你看着像幼儿园教师 | 
| [04:01] | Fuck. | 该死 | 
| [04:02] | But that could be a good thing. | 不过也可能是好事 | 
| [04:03] | Kindergarten teachers are the source | 幼儿园老师是我们部分 | 
| [04:05] | of some of our earliest happy memories. | 最早期快乐回忆的源头 | 
| [04:07] | – Mine was a pedophile. – What? | -我的是个恋童癖 -什么 | 
| [04:09] | Uh-huh, got off on a mistrial, | 结果因为无效审判 被释放了 | 
| [04:11] | went to the Arizona-Mexico border, | 去了亚利桑那州和墨西哥的边界 | 
| [04:13] | became a vigilante immigrations officer. | 成了移民官 | 
| [04:15] | He’s murdered people… multiple people. | 他杀过人 杀过多人 | 
| [04:17] | I heard he got a medal. | 听说他获得了一枚奖章 | 
| [04:21] | – Do you wanna go shopping? – Yeah. | -你想去购物吗 -嗯 | 
| [04:28] | Hello, hurried consumer, | 你好 仓促的顾客 | 
| [04:30] | care to sign the Green Power Initiative | 愿意给绿色能源提案签字 | 
| [04:31] | and put alternative fuel vehicles on the road? | 让代用燃料汽车成为可能吗 | 
| [04:33] | No, you do not. | 你不愿意 | 
| [04:34] | Good sir, care to tune out the world | 你好 先生 愿意独自一人 | 
| [04:37] | as you float through life unmoored, alone. | 在生活里飘荡 不理这世界吗 | 
| [04:41] | Pretty eloquent. | 很有口才 | 
| [04:43] | Oh, I save my best for the unaware. | 我把最好的留给不知情的 | 
| [04:45] | Do you want this petition to die? | 你想让这个请愿胎死腹中吗 | 
| [04:47] | It’s California. | 这是加州 | 
| [04:48] | Pretty sure there’s a thousand more on deck. | 肯定还有上千个提案 | 
| [04:50] | Well, they all deserve our time. | 它们都值得我们花时间 | 
| [04:52] | Okay, so you’d be happy getting signatures | 所以为反对管制枪支买卖得到签名 | 
| [04:54] | for the gun lobby? | 你会开心吗 | 
| [04:55] | Or the human Q-tip who wants to end Planned Parenthood? | 还是想终结计划生育的人类棉签 | 
| [04:58] | No, the free exchange of ideas | 不 观念的自由交换 | 
| [05:00] | supersedes my own legislative opinion. | 取代了我自己的立法意见 | 
| [05:02] | I mean, we’re the mouthpiece of the people, | 我们是大众的代言人 | 
| [05:04] | the primary pillar of democracy. | 民主的首要核心 | 
| [05:07] | Oh, sure, mock me, | 嘲笑我吧 | 
| [05:08] | but it’s your future that looks bleak. | 不过未来没希望的是你 | 
| [05:11] | Hey, good afternoon, guys, I’m Tracy. How are you? | 下午好 我是特雷西 你们好吗 | 
| [05:14] | I’m working with the clean renewable… | 我在做清洁可再生 | 
| [05:16] | I just wondered if you had a minute to… | 你们有空 | 
| [05:24] | – What are you doing here? – Going bowling. | -你来这干嘛 -打保龄球 | 
| [05:26] | – Right. Sign this? – Absolutely not. | -是啊 签一份 -坚决不要 | 
| [05:30] | Okay, so this is the cereal aisle, | 好了 这边是谷物区 | 
| [05:32] | and it’s just like Postmates, | 就像Postmates | 
| [05:33] | except if you want a box, you just grab one. | 只是如果你想要个盒子 你可以随便拿一个 | 
| [05:34] | – Hush, I’m multitasking. – Job search? | -别说话 我在一心多用 -找工作 | 
| [05:37] | – Tell me! – It’s all dumb. | -告诉我 -都太蠢了 | 
| [05:39] | Just dressed up entry-level stuff. | 全是入门级工作 | 
| [05:41] | Where are you getting those lists? | 这些清单你是从哪搞来的 | 
| [05:42] | – Headhunter. – That sounds violent. | -猎头 -听上去很粗暴啊 | 
| [05:44] | That’s what work is, | 工作就是这样 | 
| [05:44] | a sublimation of our violent desires to hunt and fuck. | 是我们想要捕猎和做爱的粗暴欲望的升华 | 
| [05:47] | $14 for almond butter? | 杏仁黄油14美元 | 
| [05:49] | Organic’s $19.99. | 有机的19.99美元 | 
| [05:50] | How are people supposed to pay for this shit? | 大家要怎么买得起这东西 | 
| [05:52] | You could get rid of your Wine of the Month club. | 你可以退出红酒俱乐部啊 | 
| [05:55] | I know, it’s a real “Sophie’s Choice.” | 现实版《苏菲的选择》 | 
| [05:57] | You joke, but I already did, with all my clubs. | 你开玩笑的 但我真把所有俱乐部退了 | 
| [06:00] | Now you’ll never make the yearbook. | 那你就永远上不了年鉴了 | 
| [06:02] | This is insane. Do I even need almond butter? | 这太荒唐了 我需要杏仁黄油吗 | 
| [06:04] | Plenty of other butters out there: sesame butter, | 还有很多其他选择 芝麻油 | 
| [06:06] | macadamia butter, shit, even peanut butter. | 澳洲坚果油 我去 还有花生油 | 
| [06:09] | Maybe I’m a peanut butter guy. | 可能我就是个吃花生油的料 | 
| [06:11] | Could I be a peanut butter guy? | 我是个吃花生油的吗 | 
| [06:12] | Jiff… that’s a peanut butter. | 瞧 那就有花生油 | 
| [06:14] | Why aren’t you paying attention to me? | 你为什么不专心听我说话 | 
| [06:24] | – Yes! – No. | -很好 -不行 | 
| [06:26] | I just… | 我只是 | 
| [06:28] | – What? – They feel like sausage casing. | -怎么了 -感觉像香肠肠衣 | 
| [06:30] | I mean… which makes looking for a mirror | 这让找镜子 | 
| [06:32] | that much more enjoyable. | 更有趣了 | 
| [06:34] | So good. | 真好看 | 
| [06:37] | Yes. Do you have these in an 8? Thank you. | 这个有八码的吗 谢谢 | 
| [06:39] | What am I doing here? I mean, this… it’s Laura. It’s not me. | 我在这干嘛 这是劳拉的风格 不是我 | 
| [06:43] | You know how there’s body dysmorphia, | 你知道什么是躯体认知扭曲吗 | 
| [06:44] | and people think they’re way bigger | 大家觉得自己比现实中 | 
| [06:46] | or smaller than they are? | 更大或更小 | 
| [06:47] | Uh, yes, I am familiar with that syndrome. | 知道 我很熟悉那症状 | 
| [06:49] | Well, it’s like you have personality dysmorphia, | 就好比你有性格认知扭曲 | 
| [06:52] | and you think you’re way less cool than you are. | 你觉得自己没有那么酷 | 
| [06:54] | Thank you. That is really nice, I think. | 谢谢 这话太贴心了 | 
| [06:56] | And you only dress one part of yourself…this, like, | 你只展现了一部分的自我 | 
| [06:58] | mom slash therapist slash responsible person part. | 妈妈/咨询师/尽责的人 | 
| [07:03] | Well, what’s the other part? | 另一部分是什么 | 
| [07:05] | Pure fun. | 纯粹有趣的人 | 
| [07:09] | No. | 不要 | 
| [07:09] | – Yeah. – Oh, no. | -要 -不要 | 
| [07:10] | – Sit down. – I… ugh. | -坐下 -我 | 
| [07:12] | – Stop it. – Okay, you know what? | -别说了 -好吧 你知道吗 | 
| [07:13] | There are… | 世上 | 
| [07:16] | There are two kinds of people in the world. | 世上有两种人 | 
| [07:18] | – Did you know that? – Nope. | -你知道吗 -不知道 | 
| [07:19] | There are cool boot people, | 穿酷靴子的人 | 
| [07:20] | and then there are not cool boot people. | 和不穿酷靴子的人 | 
| [07:23] | I… | 我 | 
| [07:25] | Fit firmly in the latter camp. | 绝对是第二个阵营的 | 
| [07:43] | You’re getting those boots. | 你得把这靴子买下 | 
| [07:47] | You follow Emmy on Instagram? | 你在Instagram上关注了艾米 | 
| [07:48] | I follow everyone on Instagram. | 我在Instagram上关注了所有人 | 
| [07:50] | Also, it’s rude to unfollow. | 而且 取关很没礼貌 | 
| [07:52] | When’s the last time you saw her? | 你上次见她是什么时候 | 
| [07:54] | Uh, seven months ago. | 七个月前 | 
| [07:59] | I should go. | 我该走了 | 
| [08:03] | Hey, listen, thank you so much | 非常感谢您今天 | 
| [08:04] | for taking the time to sign with us today. | 花时间签字 | 
| [08:06] | I really appreciate it, sir. Have a great afternoon. | 真的非常感谢 祝您有个愉快的下午 | 
| [08:24] | So if they clone you, does that mean your spit has the same DNA? | 如果克隆了你 那你们口水的DNA是一样的吗 | 
| [08:28] | Yeah, everything’s the same. | 所有的都一样 | 
| [08:30] | – Oh really? – Yeah, everything’s the same. | -真的吗 -没错 所有都一样 | 
| [08:32] | – Everything? – Every… | -所有 -所 | 
| [08:35] | So I’m just gonna wear this out of here. | 这件我就穿着了 | 
| [08:40] | Is that a patient? | 是病人打来的吗 | 
| [08:41] | If it is, I can finish up here | 如果是的话 这里就交给我 | 
| [08:43] | and just meet you back at the office. | 我们到时在办公室见 | 
| [08:44] | Nope, it’s just Leon again. | 不是 又是里昂 | 
| [08:47] | I don’t wanna give him the wrong impression. | 我不想给他错误的印象 | 
| [08:49] | So what’s the right impression? | 所以正确的印象是什么 | 
| [08:51] | Well, I like him, just not… | 我喜欢他 只是 | 
| [08:54] | I just don’t like him that way. | 只是不是那种喜欢 | 
| [08:55] | He did this picnic the other night, and, uh, | 那天晚上他做了野餐 | 
| [08:59] | as soon as I saw it, I got nauseous. | 我一看到就觉得恶心 | 
| [09:01] | Well, with everything that’s going on, | 发生了这么多事 | 
| [09:03] | are you sure that’s about Leon? | 你确定是这是因为里昂吗 | 
| [09:05] | Well, it wasn’t the food. | 反正不是因为食物 | 
| [09:07] | Yeah, but I’m saying nausea is, like, an extreme reaction | 我觉得恶心是对某些 | 
| [09:10] | to someone who is attractive | 有魅力 体贴周到 喜欢诗歌的人 | 
| [09:12] | and thoughtful and appreciates poetry. | 的一种极端反应 | 
| [09:17] | – Leon likes poetry? – Did he leave a voicemail? | -里昂喜欢诗歌 -他有语音留言吗 | 
| [09:20] | Yeah. | 有的 | 
| [09:22] | Valerie, hello, it’s, uh, Leon. | 薇拉莉你好 我是里昂 | 
| [09:24] | I fucking love that accent. | 我他妈太喜欢这口音了 | 
| [09:25] | I mean, how can you even hear it? | 听都听不到 | 
| [09:26] | I have tickets for “Rear Window” tonight | 我有今晚在好莱坞永生公墓 | 
| [09:28] | – at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. – Oh, my God, | -《后窗》的票 -我的天 | 
| [09:29] | I have tickets to that. You should totally go. | 那个我有票 你真的该去看看 | 
| [09:32] | What is wrong with me? I mean, I… I should like him. | 我是怎么回事 我应该会喜欢他的啊 | 
| [09:35] | It’s… it’s Leon. He’s great. | 是里昂 他很好 | 
| [09:37] | – Yes. – And he has very soft hands, | -对啊 -他的手很柔软 | 
| [09:39] | like way softer than mine. | 比我的柔软多了 | 
| [09:40] | It’s weird. I should be so lucky. | 很奇怪 我该感到幸运 | 
| [09:43] | And the movie doesn’t even start till 9:00. | 电影晚上九点才开始 | 
| [09:45] | I really think you’ll like this. | 我真的觉得你会喜欢的 | 
| [09:48] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 | 
| [09:52] | Um… “That sounds fun. | 听上去不错 | 
| [09:54] | I have a class, | 我有节课 | 
| [09:56] | but I will see you after.” | 但结束后会去的 | 
| [10:00] | Yeah! Okay, so it’s all about the low chairs, | 矮凳子很关键 | 
| [10:02] | so bring a low chair. | 所以带上个矮凳子 | 
| [10:03] | And cheese and wine and snacks. | 还有奶酪 红酒和零食 | 
| [10:06] | It’s another picnic. | 又一场野餐 | 
| [10:09] | So why are you here? | 你为什么在这里 | 
| [10:12] | Uh, green energy. | 绿色能源 | 
| [10:17] | Nah, but really. | 并不是 | 
| [10:27] | What are you, like, | 你是什么 | 
| [10:28] | in a Beverly Hills white girl gang? | 比弗利山庄白人女孩帮派的成员吗 | 
| [10:30] | Sign for me? | 替我签字 | 
| [10:32] | – Help me get it off? – Can’t do it. | -帮我去掉它 -不行 | 
| [10:34] | Not allowed. | 不允许 | 
| [10:40] | Fuck. | 操 | 
| [10:44] | – Is it weird? – What? | -很奇怪吗 -什么 | 
| [10:46] | Having a President who, if he had his way, | 有一个这样的总统 如果他得逞的话 | 
| [10:48] | would round you all up and send you back | 会把你们都抓起来然后把你们送回 | 
| [10:50] | to some country you probably don’t even remember? | 你们可能压根都没什么印象的国家去 | 
| [10:54] | Well, I’m from Boyle Heights. | 我来自博伊德岗 | 
| [10:56] | Echo Park. | 回声公园 | 
| [10:58] | Commerce. | 金融城[以上均为洛杉矶地名] | 
| [11:01] | You fucker. You totally set me up! | 你们这些混蛋 你们给我下套 | 
| [11:05] | Wait, okay, why can’t you sign then? | 那你们为什么不能替我签字 | 
| [11:07] | We already signed Skinny Ponytail’s. | 我们已经给那个马尾瘦子签过字了 | 
| [11:09] | And we can’t go twice. That’s just illegal. | 我们不能签两次 那是违法的 | 
| [11:13] | – Awkward. – Yeah. | -尴尬 -是的 | 
| [11:16] | – Alex, first let me… – No, it’s fine, I forgive you. | -艾利克斯 首先 -没事 我原谅你了 | 
| [11:18] | You forgive me? | 你原谅我了 | 
| [11:20] | Emmy’s pregnant. | 艾米怀孕了 | 
| [11:23] | What if it’s mine? Or yours? | 如果是我的 或者是你的 | 
| [11:24] | – It’s not mine. – No? You guys didn’t? | -不是我的 -不是 你们没有 | 
| [11:26] | Even during the four-way? | 连那次4P的时候也没有过 | 
| [11:28] | No, no. | 没有 | 
| [11:30] | Well, I did, many times. | 我有过 很多次 | 
| [11:32] | – Good for you. – And yeah, | -你真棒 -还有 | 
| [11:35] | we used protection, but, I don’t know, | 我们有过保护措施的 我也不知道 | 
| [11:37] | pills fail, condoms break. Fuck. | 避孕药可能失效 安全套可能会破 该死 | 
| [11:40] | That sounds a little farfetched. | 这听起来有点牵强 | 
| [11:41] | How do you… how do you know how far along someone is? | 你要怎么知道一个人还有多久待产 | 
| [11:44] | Like, what’s the barometer? | 比如说有什么标志之类的吗 | 
| [11:46] | Use the ball scale. | 看她肚子的大小 | 
| [11:48] | Is it a cricket ball or a basketball? | 是像板球还是篮球 | 
| [11:52] | It’s… it’s more like a volleyball, slightly deflated. | 更像是排球 但是有一点扁的那种 | 
| [11:54] | Hm, so a large honeydew? | 所以说像一个大的哈密瓜 | 
| [11:57] | Honeydew’s not a ball, Leon. | 哈密瓜不是球 里昂 | 
| [12:00] | And she’s very breasty. | 她乳房很大 | 
| [12:02] | Don’t you think that if it were yours, | 你不觉得如果这个孩子是你的 | 
| [12:04] | she would’ve told you? She always was very honest. | 她会告诉你的 她一向很坦诚 | 
| [12:11] | That is true. | 这倒是真的 | 
| [12:13] | Perhaps you should just assume the best | 也许你应该往好的方面想 | 
| [12:17] | and let it go. | 然后顺其自然就好 | 
| [12:22] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [12:31] | “Howdy, stranger”? Fuck it. | “你好吗 陌生人” 这是什么鬼 | 
| [12:43] | Fuck. | 该死 | 
| [12:48] | – How was the Hollywood sign? – Oh, it was awesome. | -好莱坞的标志怎么样 -真是太棒了 | 
| [12:51] | Put it back up for ya? | 为你们放回去了吗 | 
| [12:54] | Ah, fuck, Ken, I did it again. | 该死 肯 我又这么做了 | 
| [12:56] | – It’s… it’s totally fine. – No, Ken, I’m sorry. | -没关系的 -不 肯 我很抱歉 | 
| [12:58] | I went to the store so this wouldn’t happen, | 我专门去了商店为了防止这种事情的发生 | 
| [12:59] | and then I saw a picture of my ex-girlfriend, | 然后我看到了一张我前女友的照片 | 
| [13:01] | and she’s pregnant. | 她怀孕了 | 
| [13:03] | Yep, can you believe it? Full-on honeydew. | 是的 你敢信吗 像哈密瓜一样大的肚子 | 
| [13:06] | And what do you text a pregnant ex? | 你给怀孕的前女友该发什么短信 | 
| [13:08] | – You don’t. – You think? | -你不发 -你这么想 | 
| [13:10] | Uh, no good can come of it. Trust me. | 发了不会有什么好事的 相信我 | 
| [13:13] | Yeah. | 好吧 | 
| [13:15] | What do you mean no good can come of it? | “发了不会有什么好事”是什么意思 | 
| [13:18] | Yeah, no good can come of it. | 就是不会有什么好事发生啊 | 
| [13:20] | – That’s right. – You just… | -就是这样 -你只是… | 
| [13:22] | you seem awfully knowledgeable about this subject, Ken. | 你好像对这种事特别懂的样子 肯 | 
| [13:25] | – Oh, no. – Guys, excuse me, I… | -不 -两位 失陪 | 
| [13:27] | Oh, no, no, you don’t have to leave. | 你没有必要离开的 | 
| [13:27] | – Oh, hey, man… – No, no. | -老兄 – 不 不 | 
| [13:28] | – Okay, that’s it, right? – That’s it, yeah. | -就这样 -就这样 | 
| [13:31] | – It’s just a friend. – Okay, what kind of a friend? | -只是一个朋友 -什么样的朋友 | 
| [13:33] | – It was Steve. He had… – Steve was pregnant? | -是史蒂夫 他和 -史蒂夫怀孕了吗 | 
| [13:35] | Can we… this is where I just stop talking, | 我们可以…我不想谈了 | 
| [13:37] | – ’cause you just keep talking. – Oh… oh, okay, well, you know, | -因为你不停在说 -你知道吗 | 
| [13:39] | here I thought vacation was kind of a different thing now, | 我以为现在的旅行不一样了 | 
| [13:41] | but it’s just like you’re bringing everything here. | 但其实就是你把什么事情都带到这里来谈 | 
| [13:43] | Telling your own story | 根据你自己的意愿 | 
| [13:46] | on your own terms sounds easy, | 讲述你自己的故事 听上去很容易 | 
| [13:49] | but I can’t tell you how many people get up on stage | 但是有无数人一站上舞台 | 
| [13:56] | and immediately lose their audience. | 瞬间就失去了观众 | 
| [14:00] | Where’d they go? | 他们去哪里了呢 | 
| [14:01] | How you present yourself | 你介绍自己的方式 | 
| [14:03] | informs your listeners’ impression of your story. | 会影响你的听众对你的故事的印象 | 
| [14:07] | It colors every experience, | 甚至在你没有开口之前 | 
| [14:09] | every inkling they may have | 它就会影响他们可能有的 | 
| [14:11] | before you even say a word. | 感受和想法 | 
| [14:15] | Presence, confidence, | 风度 自信 | 
| [14:17] | even posture, guys. | 甚至是姿势 朋友们 | 
| [14:19] | These are integral components to good storytelling. | 这些是讲一个好故事必不可少的要素 | 
| [14:23] | We’re gonna start with an exercise. | 我们从一个练习开始 | 
| [14:28] | Some of you… | 你们中的一些人 | 
| [14:31] | will be slightly uncomfortable. | 会有一些轻微的不适 | 
| [14:33] | You’re each gonna stand up on stage | 每个人都要站到台上 | 
| [14:35] | and listen to our first impressions of you. | 听大家对你的第一印象 | 
| [14:40] | Okay, so… | 好吧 | 
| [14:42] | Motherfucker. | 该死 | 
| [14:43] | To the firing squad. | 向行刑队致敬 | 
| [14:46] | Who would like to go first? | 谁愿意第一个来 | 
| [14:51] | I read a study that said | 我读过一个研究说 | 
| [14:52] | when people are getting in their cars, | 当人们上车的时候 | 
| [14:53] | and no one’s waiting, its takes them nine seconds | 而且不用排队的时候 他们要花 | 
| [14:56] | to leave the parking spot. | 九秒种的时间离开停车场 | 
| [14:57] | You know how long it takes when people are waiting? | 你知道要排队的时候呢 | 
| [15:00] | 16 seconds. | 十六秒 | 
| [15:01] | I will take us back to the office when I’m ready. | 等我准备好了我会载你回办公室的 | 
| [15:04] | You’re enjoying this. | 你很喜欢这么干 | 
| [15:05] | I am simply being thorough after a hard day of work. | 我只是在辛苦工作一天后 完善工作 | 
| [15:10] | So how many did you get? | 你要到了多少签名 | 
| [15:16] | Guess. | 你猜 | 
| [15:17] | – Fewer than 20. – Winner, winner. | -少于二十个 -猜对了 | 
| [15:20] | Well, I know a place where you can get | 我知道一个你可以要到 | 
| [15:21] | a bunch of signatures, if you’re game. | 很多签名的地方 如果你敢去的话 | 
| [15:24] | It’s in the back of your rape van? | 是你的无窗货车后座吗 | 
| [15:26] | Mm-hmm, I got 40 illegals here with pens, | 我有四十个带了笔的非法移民 | 
| [15:29] | and they love ballot props. | 他们喜欢公民表决提案 | 
| [15:30] | Aw, I bet you say that to all the girls. | 我打赌你对所有的女孩子都是这么说的 | 
| [15:55] | 艾米 啊对 那个宝宝 | |
| [16:00] | 艾利克斯 你最近怎么样 | |
| [16:05] | 艾米 臃肿 | |
| [16:07] | 艾利克斯 一样 | |
| [16:14] | 艾米 当然 我们应该聚一聚 | |
| [16:29] | 艾利克斯 我爸去世了 | |
| [16:34] | 艾米 很遗憾 | |
| [16:40] | 艾利克斯 没关系 这是他自己的选择 | |
| [16:43] | 艾利克斯 还有就是小薇还有一个弟弟 这几个月太疯狂了 | |
| [16:50] | 艾米 你在哪儿 | |
| [16:55] | He seems confident. | 他看起来挺自信的 | 
| [16:58] | Yeah, a-athletic. | 对 运动型 | 
| [16:59] | Like he cares about his body… | 他很在意自己的身体 | 
| [17:01] | And maybe the Earth, or maybe not. | 或许还有地球 或许没有 | 
| [17:05] | He’s kinda tall. | 他挺高的 | 
| [17:07] | He seems clean, | 看起来挺干净 | 
| [17:10] | like he likes a good shower. | 就像他很喜欢洗澡 | 
| [17:12] | I do like a good shower. Yeah. | 我确实挺喜欢洗澡的 | 
| [17:16] | Anyone else? | 还有谁吗 | 
| [17:18] | Okay, thanks, Byron. | 好 谢谢你 拜伦 | 
| [17:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [17:22] | Valerie, are you ready? | 薇拉莉 你准备好了吗 | 
| [17:37] | What do we see? | 我们看到了什么 | 
| [17:41] | She looks like a nice lady. | 她看起来像一个和善的女士 | 
| [17:43] | Like someone you’d ask for directions from. | 像一个你会找她问路的人 | 
| [17:46] | – Yeah. – She has warm eyes. | -对 -她的眼睛很温暖 | 
| [17:50] | That’s great. | 这很好 | 
| [17:52] | I wanna dig a little deeper. | 但我想要更深入一点 | 
| [17:53] | I want you to get beneath those layers, | 我想要你们透过外表 | 
| [17:56] | and really give her something… | 真正给她一些值得 | 
| [18:00] | to examine. | 审视的东西 | 
| [18:03] | Uh, she looks like a mom? | 她看起来像一个母亲 | 
| [18:07] | Who’s trying not to look like a mom? | 一个不想让自己看上去像一个母亲的母亲 | 
| [18:09] | – Mm, I see that. – No ring, so probably divorced. | -我看出来了 -没有戒指 也许离婚了 | 
| [18:13] | I said warm eyes. | 我刚刚说的温暖的眼睛 | 
| [18:14] | What I actually meant was tired eyes. | 其实是指疲倦的眼睛 | 
| [18:16] | – I can see that. – For sure. | -看得出来 -当然 | 
| [18:17] | She just looks like she’s trying so hard. | 她看上去像是特别用力 | 
| [18:19] | – Quarter-life crisis. – And really tired. | -青年危机 -而且很疲惫 | 
| [18:21] | M-Midlife crisis. | 中 中年危机 | 
| [18:22] | Well, she looks like she’s having a midlife crisis, | 她看起来像正在经历中年危机 | 
| [18:24] | but she’s dressed like she’s having a quarter-life crisis. | 但是她打扮得像正在经历青年危机 | 
| [18:27] | And her boots are new, so that’s a part of it. | 她的靴子是新的 这也是其中一部分 | 
| [18:29] | That’s a lot, thank you. | 你们给出了很多看法 谢谢 | 
| [18:31] | That was really good. | 刚才的讨论真的很棒 | 
| [18:33] | Great. | 很好 | 
| [18:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [18:38] | No. | 不 | 
| [18:39] | You were expecting pit bulls and gangsters, right? | 你期待看到斗牛犬和黑帮团伙 对吧 | 
| [18:41] | No, I was not. | 不 我没有 | 
| [18:44] | Oh, my gosh, you have a bounce house? | 天 你有一个气垫跳跳床啊 | 
| [18:45] | Well, it is my nephew’s birthday party, | 这是我侄子的生日派对 | 
| [18:47] | so yes, I do have a bounce house. | 所以是的 我有一个气垫跳跳床 | 
| [18:49] | Yo, Alonso! | 阿隆索 | 
| [18:50] | My friend Laura needs your signatures. | 我朋友劳拉需要你的签名 | 
| [18:51] | – Oh, yeah? What for? – To make up for the time | -是吗 用来干嘛 -用来弥补我 | 
| [18:53] | I was hanging with this guy instead of working. | 因和他闲逛而没有工作的时间 | 
| [18:56] | Also, clean energy. | 还有 清洁能源 | 
| [18:58] | I like clean energy. | 我喜欢清洁能源 | 
| [19:00] | – Hold this one second? – Yeah, what kinda clean energy? | -帮我拿一下这个 -哪种清洁能源 | 
| [19:03] | Get to signing. I’m gonna get some drinks. | 继续签 我去拿点喝的 | 
| [19:06] | – Here you go. – Uh, so, uh, right, | -签好了 -对 | 
| [19:08] | uh, fuel efficient cars. | 节能汽车 | 
| [19:14] | – Valerie, you forgot this. – Anyone want to go to a Tavern? | -薇拉莉 你忘拿这个了 -有人想去酒馆吗 | 
| [19:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 | 
| [19:17] | You coming? | 你来吗 | 
| [19:18] | No, I got plans. | 不了 我另有安排 | 
| [19:20] | Hey, remember your first day of school, | 还记得开学第一天 | 
| [19:22] | when everyone was hanging out, | 当所有人都出去玩耍时 | 
| [19:23] | and how one kid sat alone in the corner, | 独自坐在角落里的孩子 | 
| [19:25] | and he ended up being the Unabomber? | 最终成了大学炸弹客吗 | 
| [19:29] | Wow, you’re an asshole. | 你真是个混蛋 | 
| [19:30] | – After you. – Thank you. | -你先请 -谢谢 | 
| [19:49] | – You hungry? – Ravenous. | -你饿了吗 -饥肠辘辘 | 
| [19:51] | – All right, uh, come on in. – Okay. | -那进来吧 -好 | 
| [19:54] | I got it. | 我来关 | 
| [20:04] | Ah, the anticipatory nacho plate. | 你提前准备了一盘烤干酪辣味玉米片 | 
| [20:06] | Let them never say I was unprepared. | 他们就不能说我毫无准备了 | 
| [20:14] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [20:15] | Nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [20:17] | So your dad. | 所以 你爸 | 
| [20:20] | What happened? | 怎么回事 | 
| [20:22] | Bottle of sleeping pills, | 吃了一瓶安眠药 | 
| [20:24] | right over there on the couch, actually. | 就在那边的沙发上 | 
| [20:26] | Oh, shit. | 卧槽 | 
| [20:30] | Fuck, I’m sorry, Alex. | 我很遗憾 艾利克斯 | 
| [20:33] | At least it was clean. | 至少是彻底的 | 
| [20:36] | And the brother? | 那另一个弟弟呢 | 
| [20:38] | Wake up every morning and bury it again. | 每天早上醒来又把它埋藏在心里 | 
| [20:42] | Hm, at least you’re consistent. | 至少你还是始终如一 | 
| [20:44] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [20:49] | You look like the sun touched every part of you. | 你看起来像全身上下都被太阳晒过 | 
| [21:03] | Fun party. | 派对很有趣 | 
| [21:04] | The perks of having a big family. | 拥有一个大家庭的好处 | 
| [21:06] | Our last family gathering was my grandfather’s memorial. | 我的上一次家庭聚会是我外公的追悼会 | 
| [21:10] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 | 
| [21:11] | Actually, it turns out we’re not even related, | 结果发现我们根本就没有血缘关系 | 
| [21:12] | so I don’t know if it evens counts. | 所以不知道那算不算 | 
| [21:17] | No. | 不要 | 
| [21:27] | I got accepted into | 今年秋天我从东洛杉矶学院 | 
| [21:29] | UCLA from ELAC this fall. | 转到了加州大学洛杉矶分校 | 
| [21:30] | Way to bury the lead. | 你怎么不早说 | 
| [21:32] | I’m not trying to work at a grocery store forever. | 我不想永远在杂货店工作 | 
| [21:39] | Someone’s got her eye on you. | 有人在看你 | 
| [21:44] | My mom? Yeah, just ignore her. | 我妈吗 无视掉她就好了 | 
| [21:47] | Well, that’s the risk you take when you bring a girl home | 这就是你在第一次约会时 | 
| [21:49] | to meet the family on the first date, | 把女孩带回家见家长的风险 | 
| [21:51] | which I don’t know if I’ve mentioned, | 不知道我以前提到过没 | 
| [21:53] | pretty ballsy. | 挺有胆量的 | 
| [21:55] | You got in some strange guy’s van. | 你上了一个陌生人的车 | 
| [21:58] | – Touché. – Yeah. | -回得不错 -嗯 | 
| [22:01] | Okay, hold my drink. | 帮我拿一下杯子 | 
| [22:03] | I gotta launch some eight-year-olds. | 我得去投掷某个八岁小孩 | 
| [22:05] | You come here! ¡Vámonos! | 过来 我们走 | 
| [22:07] | Let’s go! | 出发 | 
| [22:23] | 里昂 很抱歉 我不得不失约 上课的事 我会弥补你的 | |
| [22:25] | Oh, what an interesting first class. | 真是节有趣的第一堂课 | 
| [22:27] | – I know, right? – It was a little nerve-racking. | -是啊 -有点刺激 | 
| [22:29] | but we all made it through unscathed. | 但是我们都毫发无损地挺了过来 | 
| [22:30] | Honestly, I think Joanna is a genius. | 说真的 我觉得乔安娜是个天才 | 
| [22:34] | I mean, that level of honesty is so rare. | 这种程度的诚实真的很少见 | 
| [22:37] | – It’s refreshing. – It’s beautiful. | -让人焕然一新 -太美好了 | 
| [22:39] | Yeah, I kinda feel like she’s trying to keep us on our heels | 我有点觉得她是在让我们如坐针毡 | 
| [22:42] | to deflect any potential criticism of her teaching style. | 好让我们无暇批评她的教学风格 | 
| [22:45] | Yeah, somehow I didn’t think | 是的 不知为何我不觉得 | 
| [22:47] | storytelling was a contact sport. | 讲故事是一项有身体接触的运动 | 
| [22:48] | Yeah, right? | 就是说啊 对吧 | 
| [22:49] | I mean, yes, I am a divorced mom. | 没错 我是个离婚的妈妈 | 
| [22:52] | Wow, yeah. | 没错 | 
| [22:53] | And yeah, maybe I’m in a… some weird half-crisis thing. | 是 可能我在经历某种奇怪的中年危机 | 
| [22:57] | And my eyes are probably tired, because I spent all day | 我眼神可能是很累 因为我刚花了一天 | 
| [23:01] | figuring out other people’s problems. | 搞清别人的问题 | 
| [23:03] | But you know what? I already know that shit. | 但是你知道吗 我已经知道这些了 | 
| [23:06] | I do! | 真的 | 
| [23:07] | Just like you know that you’re kinda schlubby, | 就像你知道你自己有点邋遢 | 
| [23:10] | and people don’t take you seriously, | 别人不认真对待你 | 
| [23:11] | because of the way you dress. | 是因为你的穿着一样 | 
| [23:13] | I love your outfit, by the way. | 对了 我很喜欢你的衣服 | 
| [23:14] | I do too. | 我也喜欢 | 
| [23:15] | I don’t know why I said I didn’t. | 我不知道我为什么当时说不喜欢 | 
| [23:17] | I think because I’m just jealous. | 可能是因为嫉妒吧 | 
| [23:19] | – I love your hair. – Oh, thank you. | -我喜欢你的头发 -谢谢 | 
| [23:21] | That’s so nice. That’s really nice. | 这样真好 | 
| [23:22] | See? And you know what? | 看 而且你知道吗 | 
| [23:23] | Even if you didn’t, sorry, but who cares? | 即使你不喜欢 抱歉 但那又怎样 | 
| [23:26] | It’s your hair, it’s your outfit, | 这是你的头发 你的衣服 | 
| [23:28] | it’s your shape. | 是你的身材 | 
| [23:30] | I mean, own it. | 占有它 | 
| [23:32] | Own it, just like I’m gonna own these boots, | 占有它 就像我会占有这双靴子一样 | 
| [23:36] | which I did in fact buy today. | 确实是今天买的 | 
| [23:38] | Oh, I knew it. I knew it! | 我就知道 我就知道 | 
| [23:41] | I’m gonna get another one. Anyone want one? | 我要再来一杯 还有谁要吗 | 
| [23:44] | – You want one? – Yeah, sure, why not? | -你要吗 -好 为何不要呢 | 
| [23:45] | – That’s awesome. – No, but seriously, | -好棒 -说真的 | 
| [23:49] | how did you know I got ’em today? | 你怎么知道我今天才买的 | 
| [23:51] | Check your sole. | 看看你鞋底 | 
| [23:53] | Check my soul? | 我心底 | 
| [24:00] | See? | 看到了吧 | 
| [24:04] | They look good on you. | 你穿上很好看 | 
| [24:06] | Very good. | 非常好 | 
| [24:15] | Oh, Jesus Christ. | 老天呀 | 
| [24:17] | Oh, my God. That’s a real muscle, right? | 天呐 肌肉发达呀 | 
| [24:20] | Yeah. | 是 | 
| [24:28] | I used to be happy without responsibility… | 以前没有任何责任 我过得很开心 | 
| [24:31] | The freedom to choose different partners, different nights… | 可以随意选择不同的对象 不同的夜晚 | 
| [24:35] | but I don’t know, | 但是 我也不知道 | 
| [24:38] | after you and I ended, it just… it… | 我们结束后 一切就 | 
| [24:41] | it wasn’t the same. | 一切都不一样了 | 
| [24:43] | I’ve been known to have that effect. | 我是有这种效果 | 
| [24:46] | Yeah, I… | 好吧 我 | 
| [24:47] | I still don’t think that there is just one person | 我还是不觉得每个人命中注定 | 
| [24:50] | for any of us, | 都只有一个人 | 
| [24:53] | but I didn’t wanna run the risk | 但是我不想冒险 | 
| [24:58] | of missing out again, | 再次错过 | 
| [25:00] | and my body agreed. | 我的身体也这么觉得 | 
| [25:04] | I’m happy for ya. | 我为你感到高兴 | 
| [25:07] | You opened my eyes. | 你打开了我的视野 | 
| [25:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [25:11] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 | 
| [25:14] | It feels like so long ago. | 感觉已经过去很久了 | 
| [25:17] | Not even a year. | 还没到一年 | 
| [25:18] | You didn’t have room for me back then. | 你那时候心里没有我的位置 | 
| [25:21] | But I don’t know, I think you’ve changed too. | 不过我觉得你也变了 | 
| [25:29] | I think I’ll have one more glass. | 我想我得再来一杯 | 
| [25:31] | – You know what, pour me one. – Yeah? | -给我也倒一杯 -真的吗 | 
| [25:34] | Yeah. | 真的 | 
| [26:29] | She said you took something? | 她说你拿了什么东西 | 
| [26:42] | Why would you do that? | 为什么要这样做 | 
| [26:46] | I don’t know. | 不知道 | 
| [26:55] | The best part about school was always the extracurriculars. | 学校里总是课外活动最棒了 | 
| [27:16] | What do you really think of me? | 你真正觉得我是什么样的人 | 
| [27:20] | Uh, yeah, I think we’ve done enough of that. | 我觉得这个话题已经说得够多了 | 
| [27:22] | Oh, come on, just… | 说嘛 | 
| [27:24] | look, I’m ready for it. Just lay it on me. | 我准备好了 尽管说 | 
| [27:28] | Uh, you’re a little entitled, | 你有点以自我为中心 | 
| [27:30] | not uncommon for someone of your age. | 对你这个年龄的人来说也不稀奇 | 
| [27:32] | Physique… | 身材棒 | 
| [27:34] | You maybe confuse having style | 你可能分不清有风格 | 
| [27:38] | with having a sense of self, | 和有自我的区别 | 
| [27:39] | and your hair is just, um… | 还有你的发型简直 | 
| [27:44] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [27:45] | Well, you’re very pretty, and, uh, | 你长得很帅 而且 | 
| [27:48] | you’re wonderful in bed. | 你床上功夫也很好 | 
| [27:50] | And my car is here. | 然后 我的车来了 | 
| [27:54] | Oh, wait, you called a car? | 什么 你叫了车 | 
| [27:57] | I did. | 是的 | 
| [27:59] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 | 
| [28:03] | – I’ll see you at class. – See ya. | -课上见 -再见 | 
| [28:06] | You’re a fraud. | 你这个骗子 | 
| [28:08] | You’re a huckster. You’ve been doing yoga? | 别吹了 你还练瑜伽 | 
| [28:10] | I know. I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 | 
| [28:13] | Actually, in the spirit of full disclosure, I did it too. | 事实上 既然我们都坦白了 其实我也练过 | 
| [28:16] | – Okay. – Only for a week. | -得了吧 -就练了一周 | 
| [28:17] | Oh, this town will just turn ya upside down. | 这个镇子会把你彻头彻尾改变的 | 
| [28:21] | Yeah, it will. You want another glass? | 会的 你还要一杯吗 | 
| [28:23] | No, no, one’s my limit. | 不 不 一杯就够了 | 
| [28:26] | And, uh, it’s getting late. | 有点晚了 | 
| [28:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [28:33] | – One last question. – Shoot. | -最后一个问题 -说 | 
| [28:35] | Did you ever watch “Finding Dory”? | 你看过《海底总动员2》吗 | 
| [28:39] | – No. – Me neither. | -没有 -我也没有 | 
| [28:42] | We could watch it. | 我们可以一起看 | 
| [28:44] | No. | 不 | 
| [28:46] | We can’t. | 我们不能 | 
| [29:01] | It’s not mine, is it? | 不是我的吧 | 
| [29:05] | The sprout? | 那个小生命 | 
| [29:07] | No, it’s not. | 不是 | 
| [29:11] | Good-bye, Alex. | 再见 艾利克斯 | 
| [30:45] | Snooger | 登录 |