时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | How’s Dad? We should think about what to do with his ashes. | 爸爸怎么样 我们该想想要怎么处置他的骨灰 |
[00:05] | Maybe we should just bury him in my backyard. | 或许我们该把他埋在我家后院 |
[00:07] | Please join me in celebrating the life of Charles Cole. | 请参与我对查尔斯·科尔一生的纪念典礼 |
[00:10] | Oh, fuck that! | 我操 |
[00:11] | She disappears without a word, | 当初她悄无声息地消失 |
[00:12] | and now she wants to play grieving widow? | 现在她又要回来扮演一个悲情寡妇 |
[00:14] | “Please bring your father.” | “请带上你的父亲” |
[00:16] | She can’t have his ashes, | 不能给她骨灰 |
[00:17] | ’cause we murdered him. | 因为我们杀了他 |
[00:19] | We did the dirty work. | 脏活都是我们干的 |
[00:20] | She can’t take that from us. | 她不能从我们这里抢走 |
[00:21] | Come gather ’round. | 大家集合下 |
[00:23] | You know, this is hard for me, too. | 这对我来说也很艰难 |
[00:24] | Sometimes I just want to call you and tell you everything, | 有时候我就是想给你打电话 把什么事都告诉你 |
[00:27] | and then I remember that I shouldn’t. | 然后我想到我不该这么做 |
[00:28] | Just because we don’t live together | 就因为我们没有住在一起 |
[00:30] | doesn’t mean we can’t talk. | 并不意味着我们不能说话 |
[00:32] | Save my seat. | 替我看下座位 |
[00:34] | I know Charles would have been overjoyed | 我知道查尔斯会很高兴看到 |
[00:36] | to see such a collection of friends and family. | 这么多的朋友家人齐聚一堂 |
[00:39] | Where are your shoes? | 你的鞋呢 |
[00:42] | Check your bag. | 看你的包 |
[00:45] | You didn’t. | 你不会吧 |
[00:47] | For him to take me in, | 他接纳了我 |
[00:50] | a single, pregnant woman, | 一个怀孕的单身女人 |
[00:54] | and raise my daughter as his own, | 把我的女儿视如己出 |
[00:57] | and for that our family will be eternally grateful. | 为此 我们一家会永远感激他 |
[01:18] | Nope. No. | 不 不 |
[01:19] | – But – No. | -可是 -不行 |
[01:22] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:28] | What do you think their deal is? | 他觉得他们是怎么回事 |
[01:30] | What, two men of vastly different sizes | 怎么 两个体型和社会经验 |
[01:34] | and social experiences can’t play pool together? | 差异巨大的男人不能一起打台球吗 |
[01:36] | I think the shorter one is the tall one’s | 我觉得矮个子是高个子的 |
[01:38] | very lifelike marionette. | 真人提线木偶 |
[01:40] | Mm, that feels right. | 估计是的 |
[01:42] | Ooh, here we go. Easy money. | 有了 这个简单 |
[01:44] | – No. – Yeah, yeah. | -不 -是的 是的 |
[01:45] | – She’s a shark. – No way. How can you tell? | -她是老手 -不可能 你怎么看出来的 |
[01:48] | Because look at the callus on her thumb. | 看她拇指上的老茧 |
[01:50] | What? That could be from guitar, video games, | 什么 那可能是弹吉他 玩电子游戏 |
[01:53] | or erotic rope play. | 或者玩捆绑造成的 |
[01:57] | Whoa, did you– Did you just see– | 你 你看到了没 |
[01:59] | Did you see that? That was amazing. | 你看到没 简直厉害哭 |
[02:00] | She just sunk two balls like– | 她刚打进两个球 |
[02:01] | How long you gotta practice to do that? What do you think? | 要练习多久才能做到 你说呢 |
[02:05] | Erotic rope play? | 玩捆绑 |
[02:06] | Yeah, it’s a hobby, and you get a callus and– | 这是个爱好 你会长出老茧 |
[02:08] | – Fuck off. – Yeah. | -滚 -嗯 |
[02:11] | All right, here we go. | 这几个 |
[02:13] | – Eh. – Eh? What eh? | -诶 -诶什么诶 |
[02:15] | They’re drunk, they’re bad, | 他们喝醉了 水平不怎么样 |
[02:16] | they’re properly proportioned, they’re perfect. | 身材比例正好 完美 |
[02:18] | All right, fine, you talk. | 好吧 你去说 |
[02:21] | I will. Hello. | 没问题 你好 |
[02:24] | My sister and I were wondering if you’d be interested | 我姐姐和我在想你有没有兴趣 |
[02:27] | in a little game of two-on-two for stakes. | 和我们来一场二对二的下赌注比赛 |
[02:31] | – Yeah. – What kinda stakes? | -对 -什么样的赌注 |
[02:35] | Well, if you win, | 如果你赢了 |
[02:36] | a round of drinks on me and… | 我请你们喝一轮 |
[02:40] | this is very exciting. | 这很令人激动 |
[02:42] | 47 $47. | |
[02:44] | -67 -67 – $67. – $67. | |
[02:47] | – And if you win? – I get your shoes. | -如果你们赢了呢 -你把你的鞋给我 |
[02:53] | No. | 不 |
[02:55] | – Okay. – That’s fair. | -好吧 -可以理解 |
[02:56] | – We tried. – That was fair. Okay. | -我们尽力了 -可以理解 |
[02:58] | We’ll find better. | 我们会找到更好的 |
[03:02] | – You know what was cool? – What? | -你知道以前什么酷吗 -什么 |
[03:04] | Was in the Wild West, if you didn’t like your life, | 在《西部荒野》里 如果你不喜欢你的生活 |
[03:07] | you just changed your hat and your boots, | 你就换掉你的帽子和靴子 |
[03:09] | and you’d ride to the next town | 骑行到下一个小镇 |
[03:11] | and, bam, you’re a whole new person. | 你就是个全新的人了 |
[03:15] | That feels slightly glamorized and not reflective of reality, | 感觉有点美化 不能反映现实 |
[03:19] | but okay. | 不过好吧 |
[03:20] | Okay, so you could be enslaved or scalped or, | 你可能被奴役或者剥掉头皮 |
[03:24] | I don’t know, tortured in some obscure historical way | 我也不知道 被以某种我不知道的晦涩的 |
[03:27] | that I don’t even know about, but… | 古老方式折磨 不过 |
[03:30] | at least it was possible. | 至少这是可能的 |
[03:32] | And you think you can’t do that now? | 你觉得你现在不能这么做 |
[03:35] | Okay, maybe, maybe. | 也许 也许能做到 |
[03:37] | You know, if you pay off all your credit cards, | 如果你还完你所有的信用卡 |
[03:40] | erase your computer, | 清除你的电脑记录 |
[03:42] | buy a one-way ticket to someplace far away. | 买一张去远方的单程票 |
[03:44] | Yeah, I guess– I guess maybe people do it. | 我想 我想有人或许会这么做 |
[03:49] | – Yeah. – No? | -嗯 -不是吗 |
[03:51] | You can’t erase it all. | 你清除不了全部 |
[03:53] | Think about it, every purchase you’ve ever made, | 想想吧 你每一次购物 |
[03:56] | every picture you’ve ever shared, | 分享过的每一张照片 |
[03:58] | your messages, your comments. | 你的消息 你的评论 |
[04:00] | All these facts that are etched | 所有这些被蚀刻 |
[04:01] | in this thing, this network, | 在这个网络里 |
[04:04] | and barring some catastrophic failure, | 为了阻止某种灾难性故障的事实 |
[04:07] | they’ll follow you– I mean, follow us | 它们会跟着你 跟着我们 |
[04:09] | wherever we go, even after we die. | 不管我们去哪儿 即使在我们死后 |
[04:14] | Our Facebook profiles are gonna outlive us. | 我们的脸书资料会比我们活得更久 |
[04:17] | Yeah, that’s why it’s so important to like the right stuff. | 是的 所以点赞正确的东西非常重要 |
[04:20] | I’m gonna go have a cigarette. | 我要去抽支烟 |
[04:23] | You don’t smoke. | 你不抽烟的 |
[04:28] | Hey, any chance you got a– | 你有 |
[04:31] | – Sorry. – It’s okay. | -抱歉 -没事 |
[04:32] | Thank you. Great, thanks. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[04:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:43] | This doesn’t look right, does it? | 这样看着不对 对吗 |
[04:45] | It’s affected, like I’m doing a thing, huh? | 这很做作 好像我是故意这么拿的 对吗 |
[04:50] | I don’t know. I never met you before. | 我不知道 我从没见过你 |
[04:53] | Maybe that’s just how you look. | 或许你本来就这样 |
[04:55] | This girl, Anne-Marie Ness, | 有个女生 安-玛丽·奈斯 |
[04:58] | she starred in all the school plays. | 她主演了所有学校戏剧 |
[05:01] | She smoked Merit Ultra Lights. | 她抽荣誉超醇烟 |
[05:03] | Sometimes I’d go smoke with her. | 有时我会和她一起去抽 |
[05:04] | Like–like I just thought | 我想着 |
[05:06] | maybe her aura would rub off on me. | 或许她的光环会传给我 |
[05:10] | She-she’s in retail now. | 她现在从事零售业 |
[05:12] | I work in retail. | 我就是做零售的 |
[05:14] | There’s nothing wrong with retail. It’s great. | 做零售没有什么不好的 很棒 |
[05:20] | Everything okay? | 一切可好 |
[05:23] | Yeah, right? Tell me about it. | 是吧 可不是 |
[05:27] | My fantasy baseball team sucks. | 我的梦幻棒球队逊毙了 |
[05:30] | Three of my pitchers are injured, | 三个投手受伤 |
[05:31] | my closer’s got a dead arm. It’s infuriating. | 后援投手也快投不动了 气死人了 |
[05:34] | And you do all this research, too. | 你还要做各种考察 |
[05:35] | SABR, WAR. Who’s undervalued? | 美国棒球研究会 球员附加值 谁被低估了 |
[05:37] | Who-who’s primed and ready to break out? | 谁准备好爆发 |
[05:39] | It’s– | 就是 |
[05:42] | It just really sucks to care, you know? | 操心这么多真的很烦 |
[05:56] | Are you addicted now? | 你上瘾了吗 |
[05:58] | Should we get some vapes? | 要去吸电子烟吗 |
[05:59] | No, I’m gonna head home to Laura. | 没 我要回家去找劳拉 |
[06:02] | – What? No. – Yeah. | -什么 不 -嗯 |
[06:03] | I was kidding about the vapes. Fuck vapes. | 电子烟我是开玩笑的 去他妈的电子烟 |
[06:06] | Here. | 给 |
[06:08] | What am I supposed to do with this? | 我拿这个做什么 |
[06:10] | Whatever you want. | 随便你 |
[06:12] | It’s your dad. | 这是你爸 |
[06:16] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:18] | Just a lot to deal with right now. | 只是有好多事要处理 |
[06:24] | Let’s do a night out in Burbank. | 我们去伯班克混一晚吧 |
[06:27] | – No. – Yes. Yes. | -不 -要 要 |
[06:29] | This is where we came from. | 这是我们的家乡 |
[06:31] | This is the land of our roots. | 我们的根之所在 |
[06:33] | Not a chance. | 没门儿 |
[06:34] | Val, we could be anywhere in the world right now. | 小薇 我们现在可以在世界上任何地方 |
[06:37] | Seoul, Vienna, Rio. | 首尔 维也纳 里约 |
[06:39] | Fuck, I wish it was Rio. | 我希望是里约 |
[06:41] | But we’re here, in Burbank, with him, | 但我们在这 伯班克 和他 |
[06:44] | so let’s see it one last time | 所以我们最后再看它一次 |
[06:46] | and spread his ashes and be free. | 撒掉他的骨灰 解放自己 |
[06:51] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[06:52] | No, nothing good happens in Burbank. | 不 伯班克就没有好事发生 |
[06:54] | I know, that’s why you can’t make me do this alone. | 我知道 所以你不能让我一个人去做 |
[07:01] | – God, I hate you. – Good. | -天 我恨你 -很好 |
[07:03] | Put that in your purse and let’s go. | 放你包里 我们走 |
[07:05] | Can we get a check? | 买单 |
[07:13] | This has to be a health code violation, right? | 这肯定违反了卫生规范 对吧 |
[07:16] | If an inspector comes, | 如果来了检查员 |
[07:17] | just say it’s a bag of powdered sugar. | 就说是一包糖粉 |
[07:19] | Do you think they’ll buy it? | 你觉得他们会信吗 |
[07:21] | Honestly, I think this whole hypothetical situation | 老实讲 这个假设的情况 |
[07:24] | is pretty unlikely. | 不太可能发生 |
[07:26] | Oh, my God. This is so good. | 我的天 这太好吃了 |
[07:32] | How many are you gonna eat? | 你要吃多少 |
[07:34] | I’m gonna eat all of them. | 我要吃掉全部 |
[07:36] | Dad would be proud. | 爸爸会为你骄傲的 |
[07:38] | Dad was a selfish asshole | 爸爸是个自私的混蛋 |
[07:41] | who also had diabetes. | 还患有糖尿病 |
[07:43] | That never stopped him from enjoying a donut. | 他还不是照样吃甜甜圈 |
[07:48] | Until now. | 现在吃不了了 |
[07:51] | Don’t rush him. Let him savor it. | 别催他 让他慢慢品尝 |
[07:54] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[07:55] | Eat the fucking donut. | 把该死的甜甜圈吃了 |
[08:02] | I remember looking at this display case when we were kids. | 我记得我们小时候盯着这个陈列橱窗 |
[08:05] | All the colors and sprinkles, | 各种颜色和碎屑 |
[08:07] | and then I’d look at myself and think, | 然后我会看着自己 想 |
[08:10] | what in the fuck is wrong with you? | 你他妈有什么毛病 |
[08:13] | Why can’t you stop? | 你为什么停不下来 |
[08:16] | But you did stop. | 但你停下了 |
[08:18] | I was really fat. | 我那时真的很胖 |
[08:22] | You– | 你 |
[08:23] | You used to clip the doorway when you’d enter a room. | 你以前进房间的时候经常撞在门口上 |
[08:26] | Okay. | 打住 |
[08:27] | Like you couldn’t totally navigate yourself. | 好像你不能操控自己 |
[08:31] | There’s something really demoralizing | 控制不了你的身体 |
[08:34] | about not having control over your body. | 很伤人士气 |
[08:35] | It’s like living with constant waking sleep paralysis. | 就像患有睡眠瘫痪症一样 |
[08:39] | Fuck. | 操 |
[08:41] | That sounds scary. | 听上去很恐怖 |
[08:43] | It was. | 确实 |
[08:48] | But I guess that’s what it’s like, right? | 但我想就是那样的感觉吧 |
[08:49] | You know, when you’re a kid. | 在你小时候 |
[08:51] | Plus on top of that, you’re just so terrified | 此外 你害怕 |
[08:55] | of all the things you don’t know. | 所有你不了解的东西 |
[08:59] | I can’t imagine you being terrified of anything. | 我想象不出你怕任何东西 |
[09:05] | Oh, that’s funny. You’re funny. | 真好笑 你很搞笑 |
[09:07] | Okay, what are you afraid of? | 那你怕什么 |
[09:09] | – No, no. – No? | -不 不 -不 |
[09:12] | I spend every day dealing with other people’s fears | 我每天都在处理他人的恐惧 |
[09:14] | just so I don’t have to deal with my own. | 就是为了不用处理自己的 |
[09:17] | It’s perks of the job. | 这是这份工作的好处 |
[09:20] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:22] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[09:23] | Let’s go where? | 去哪儿 |
[09:25] | It’s a surprise. | 惊喜 |
[09:27] | Ugh, no. Alex, I’m tired. | 不要 艾利克斯 我累了 |
[09:30] | Oh, my God, we’re on Memory Lane, and you want to go to sleep? | 天 我们正在回忆 而你想要睡觉 |
[09:32] | You can sleep every night for the rest of your life. | 你以后有的是时间睡 |
[09:34] | Come take a walk with me. | 陪我去走一圈 |
[09:43] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:44] | Call a car. | 叫辆车 |
[09:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:30] | We’re not breaking and entering, are we? | 我们不是要非法闯入 对吗 |
[10:33] | We are. Aren’t we? | 要闯 对吗 |
[10:36] | – Alex? – Hush. | -艾利克斯 -安静 |
[10:37] | – Alex, can we not? – Shh. | -能不闯吗 -嘘 |
[10:43] | We’re not. | 不用闯 |
[10:57] | – Yeah, I see it. – I know. | -我看到了 -我知道 |
[11:00] | God, I was cute. | 天 我那时好可爱 |
[11:31] | It all looks so small from back here. | 从这看一切都好小 |
[11:34] | Back there, it felt so big. | 在那边的时候 感觉都好大 |
[11:37] | The costumes and the sets, | 服装 布景 |
[11:39] | and even the makeup. | 甚至妆容 |
[11:41] | I just can’t imagine what it felt like on that stage. | 我想象不出在那舞台上的感觉 |
[11:45] | What do you mean? You were onstage. | 什么意思 你在那舞台上表演过 |
[11:48] | Me? No, no. | 我 没有 |
[11:49] | I was always running around the back. | 我总是在后面跑 |
[11:50] | Little gopher with the frizzy hair. | 有着卷发的小囊地鼠 |
[11:52] | – No. – Yeah. | -不是 -是的 |
[11:53] | What about “Pippin”? You were in that one. | 那《彼平正传》呢 你有演那个 |
[11:55] | Uh, I was Peasant Number Two. | 我是农民二号 |
[11:57] | And you owned that role. | 你演得很棒 |
[11:58] | You ran circles around Peasant Number One. | 你围着农民一号跑 |
[12:03] | – Did you see that? – Damn right I saw it. | -你有看吗 -当然有看 |
[12:05] | Multiple times. | 看了很多次 |
[12:11] | Dad never did. | 老爸从没看过 |
[12:14] | We could leave him right here. | 我们可以把他扔在这 |
[12:16] | On the seat. | 留在座位上 |
[12:17] | Make him watch bad musical theater for the rest of time. | 让他一直看糟糕的音乐剧 |
[12:22] | Oh, I’m not that cruel. | 我没那么残忍 |
[12:31] | Besides, it wasn’t all bad. | 再说 也不全都糟糕 |
[12:34] | See, there’s this little catwalk, | 看 有一个小伸展台 |
[12:35] | it’s right up there, and when you stand on it | 在那边 当你站在上面 |
[12:38] | you can see the stage and the audience at the same time. | 你能同时看到舞台和观众 |
[12:41] | It’s like two worlds at once. | 就像一下看到两个世界 |
[12:45] | I really– | 我真的 |
[12:46] | I really liked that spot. | 我真的很喜欢那个位置 |
[13:27] | It’s nice. | 挺好的 |
[13:41] | Hey, what’s it like being a mom? | 当妈是什么感觉 |
[13:44] | It’s like… | 就像 |
[13:47] | watching yourself go through life a second time, | 看着你自己第二次经历人生 |
[13:51] | only this time you’re just a voice, | 只不过这次你只是个声音 |
[13:53] | and you never know if anyone is ever listening to you. | 你永远不知道有没有人在听你 |
[13:57] | Oh, Laura listens to you. | 劳拉有在听你 |
[13:59] | Yeah, sometimes I wonder if she should. | 嗯 有时我在想她该不该听 |
[14:03] | She appreciates what you do for her. | 她很感激你为她做的 |
[14:07] | Well… | 这个 |
[14:09] | she’ll be off on her own soon enough. | 很快她就要独立了 |
[14:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:13] | Then what are you gonna do? | 然后你要怎么办 |
[14:18] | I-I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:21] | Really, I don’t– | 真的 我不 |
[14:22] | I don’t know what’s supposed to come next. | 我不知道接下来会是什么 |
[14:24] | What’s it say in the handbook? | 手册里怎么说的 |
[14:25] | The–oh, the handbook? | 手册 |
[14:26] | The one that they– | 就是那个他们 |
[14:29] | the one they send to you when you have a kid? | 在你生了小孩后寄给你的 |
[14:31] | – Yeah. – I don’t know. | -是的 -我不知道 |
[14:33] | Just, um–I think it got lost in the mail. | 应该寄丢了 |
[14:37] | I was between apartments. | 我当时经常搬家 |
[14:40] | It was before Amazon Prime. | 那时还没有亚马逊金牌服务 |
[14:42] | You can do anything, you know? | 你可以做任何事 你知道吗 |
[14:44] | You just decide, and then you do it. | 下了决定就去做 |
[14:47] | What if– | 要是 |
[14:50] | what if I try things, | 要是我尝试新事物 |
[14:53] | and it just doesn’t feel right? | 但感觉不对呢 |
[14:55] | I mean, what if, like, these hobbies, | 要是 比如那些爱好 |
[14:57] | or whatever they are, what if I just– | 或者不管是什么 要是我 |
[15:00] | what if they’re just diversions to pass the time | 要是它们只是我死前消遣时光的 |
[15:03] | until I’m dead? | 娱乐活动 |
[15:05] | Oh, then you’ll just feel like the rest of us. | 那你就会和我们所有人感觉一样 |
[15:13] | You don’t have to stay. | 你不用留下 |
[15:15] | I can take care of this. | 我可以处理这个 |
[15:20] | Maybe bake him into a pie. | 或许把他烤成派 |
[15:25] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[15:38] | Who do you think he is? | 你觉得他是谁 |
[15:40] | I mean, we have no idea. He could be anyone. | 我们不知道 他可以是任何人 |
[15:44] | A musician. | 音乐家 |
[15:46] | A professional athlete. | 职业运动员 |
[15:49] | Think you’d be less clumsy. | 那你就不会这么笨拙 |
[15:55] | I’m his daughter. | 我是他女儿 |
[15:57] | I’m half his, | 我是他的一半骨肉 |
[16:00] | and I don’t know the first thing about him. | 我根本不了解他 |
[16:02] | Val, what does it matter? | 小薇 有什么意义 |
[16:07] | Just like grew up in this house where– | 在这个房子里长大 |
[16:09] | where my dad– | 我爸爸 |
[16:13] | Charles, I don’t know, | 查尔斯 我也不知道 |
[16:17] | he must have looked at me | 他肯定在看我的时候 |
[16:18] | and seen some–some alien, | 看到了外星人 |
[16:21] | some foreigner. | 陌生人 |
[16:22] | No wonder he was never affectionate. | 难怪他从来不关爱人 |
[16:24] | It would probably, you know, | 可能会 |
[16:26] | remind him of a past he couldn’t control. | 让他想起一个他控制不了的过去 |
[16:35] | Maybe my life would be different | 或许如果我跟一个想要我的人在一起的话 |
[16:37] | if I was with someone who wanted me. | 我的生活会有所不同 |
[16:41] | Who, your biological father? | 谁 你的生父吗 |
[16:44] | The guy who never showed up? | 那个从没出现过的人 |
[16:46] | We don’t know that. | 我们可不知道 |
[16:48] | We don’t know that. | 我们可不知道 |
[16:52] | Okay. I get it. | 好吧 我懂的 |
[16:57] | Anyone sounds better than Charles. | 任何人听上去都比查尔斯好 |
[17:00] | But look at you. | 可看看你 |
[17:03] | Look what you became. | 看看你变成什么样了 |
[17:08] | I don’t know what I am. | 我不知道我是什么样 |
[17:12] | I don’t know who I’m supposed to be. | 我不知道我该是什么样 |
[17:14] | You asked me, what am I most afraid of? | 你问我 我最怕什么 |
[17:16] | That. That’s it, that. | 这个 就是这个 |
[17:18] | You know, I’m 40 years old, | 我40岁了 |
[17:20] | and you have this idea of yourself, | 你对自己有种想法 |
[17:22] | this picture, and in one moment | 设想 然后在一瞬间 |
[17:24] | it’s just like– | 它就 |
[17:26] | it just totally changes. | 它就完全改变 |
[17:29] | – No, it doesn’t. – Alex! | -不 不是的 -艾利克斯 |
[17:31] | You’re the same person you’ve always been. | 你从来没有变过 |
[17:34] | The frizzy-haired girl who writes her name on the wall. | 在墙上写下自己名字的卷发女生 |
[17:37] | You’re a good mom | 你是个好妈妈 |
[17:38] | and a good sister, | 好姐姐 |
[17:40] | and, sure, there may be some girl out there | 当然 也许那个男的 |
[17:42] | that that guy raised, but… | 养育了一个女孩 |
[17:46] | I don’t want to know her. | 我不想了解她 |
[17:53] | Home sweet home. | 终于到家了 |
[18:00] | I half expected it to be gone. | 我本有点期望它消失的 |
[18:03] | Some gaping hole that ends God-knows-where. | 消失在某个鬼知道会去哪里的大洞里 |
[18:09] | They planted trees. | 他们种了树 |
[18:13] | Do you think we should try to get inside? | 你觉得我们该进去吗 |
[18:18] | Do you–do you really believe that, | 你真相信 |
[18:21] | that it doesn’t matter? | 那无所谓吗 |
[18:22] | That I’m still the same? | 我还是同一个人 |
[18:26] | I know you are. | 我知道你是的 |
[18:34] | So that’s our house, huh? | 这是我们家 |
[18:36] | It was. | 曾经是的 |
[18:40] | It was such a shithole. | 破地一个 |
[18:43] | Now it’s so nice. | 现在挺好的 |
[18:45] | Nicest flophouse in Burbank. | 伯班克最好的低级住所 |
[18:51] | Maybe we should just give the ashes back to Mom. | 或许我们该把骨灰交给老妈 |
[18:54] | Let her deal with them. | 让她去处理 |
[18:57] | Why give her the satisfaction? | 为什么要满足她 |
[19:24] | How’s this? | 这里怎么样 |
[19:26] | Fine by me. | 可以 |
[19:27] | Sure you don’t want to go back to the Donut Hut? | 确定不想回甜甜圈餐厅吗 |
[19:31] | Nah. | 不 |
[19:33] | We’ll let the wind decide. | 让风决定吧 |
[19:53] | Should we say something? | 我们要说点什么吗 |
[19:56] | Yeah, I think we should. | 嗯 我觉得该说点什么 |
[20:04] | You first. | 你先 |
[20:07] | What? Really? | 什么 真的吗 |
[20:08] | Yeah, I gave the wedding speech. | 对啊 婚礼致辞是我说的 |
[20:09] | Yes, you did do that. | 是的 没错 |
[20:12] | Sellout. | 叛徒 |
[20:13] | Wasn’t that the night you had sex with my– | 你不是在那晚和我的那个发生了关系吗 |
[20:15] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[20:17] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[20:24] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[20:31] | You were very… | 你很 |
[20:34] | untraditional, | 非传统 |
[20:38] | selfish, | 自私 |
[20:39] | probably negligent. | 多半还粗心大意 |
[20:41] | Definitely negligent. | 绝对粗心大意 |
[20:42] | Larger than life. | 传奇 |
[20:43] | Planetary, really. | 其实是俗世 |
[20:45] | Yeah, like a big black hole, | 就像个大黑洞 |
[20:47] | just capable of sucking all the light | 可以吸进所有光 |
[20:51] | and banishing it to another– | 然后全部放逐到另一个 |
[20:52] | Okay, I think we’re going a little off the rails here. | 我们好像有点偏题了 |
[20:55] | Right, sorry. | 是的 抱歉 |
[21:04] | You were less than perfect. | 你不完美 |
[21:09] | I spent many a night | 我在许多个夜晚里 |
[21:13] | asking myself what I did to deserve you. | 问自己我做了什么才遇到了你 |
[21:20] | But you were there, ultimately. | 但你就在那 |
[21:26] | In whatever small capacity, | 不管空间多小 |
[21:30] | you were there. | 你就在那儿 |
[21:36] | And I’m– and I’m grateful for that. | 我 我为此很感激 |
[21:44] | Not a ton to add. | 没多少要补充的 |
[21:49] | Obviously I would prefer if you didn’t haunt me, | 显然我希望你不要纠缠我 |
[21:51] | so, um, if you do go the ghost route, | 所以 如果你真成了鬼魂 |
[21:57] | hopefully you’ll do that somewhere far away from me. | 但愿你去一个远离我的地方纠缠别人 |
[22:00] | – Like Burbank. – Yeah, Burbank works. | -比如伯班克 -是的 伯班克可行 |
[22:08] | You were not great. | 你不是很好 |
[22:11] | Really. | 真的 |
[22:14] | Not great at all. | 一点都不好 |
[22:16] | I don’t know if anyone’s parents are great, | 我不知道有谁的父母好 |
[22:19] | but you seemed especially bad. | 但你似乎尤其差 |
[22:24] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:29] | I, um, resented you for a long time. | 我反感你了很长一段时间 |
[22:37] | But now I don’t. | 但现在我不反感了 |
[22:51] | Maybe it’s ’cause time heals all wounds, | 也许是因为时间治愈了伤口 |
[22:53] | or, you know, it dulls memories. | 或者模糊了记忆 |
[23:00] | Or maybe it, um, just makes you realize | 又或者是因为时间让你意识到 |
[23:03] | how useless it is to hold on to grudges. | 记仇是多么无用 |
[23:08] | How much energy | 恨一个人 |
[23:10] | it takes to hate. | 要花多少精力 |
[23:16] | So, Dad… | 所以 爸 |
[23:20] | I don’t hate you, | 我不恨你 |
[23:23] | and I hope you find your peace. | 我希望你能找到安宁 |
[23:30] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[23:32] | – That’s it. – Okay. | -就这样 -好 |
[23:39] | Want me to hold it? | 要我拿着吗 |
[23:40] | I got it. | 我可以 |
[25:14] | Going for an Indiana Jones type of thing. | 想要模仿印第安纳·琼斯 |
[25:17] | “Raiders.” | 《夺宝奇兵》 |
[25:20] | You know, the idol for the bag of sand. | 用神像换一袋沙 |
[25:22] | The old switcheroo. | 秘密交换 |
[25:24] | Then with the rolling ball and–whatever. | 然后用地滚球 |
[25:31] | It was unkind, | 你对薇拉莉所做的 |
[25:33] | what you did to Valerie. | 很不厚道 |
[25:36] | Telling her like that in front of all those people. | 在那么多人面前告诉她 |
[25:39] | Do you ever get tired of speaking for your sister? | 你有没有厌倦过为你姐姐说话 |
[25:42] | I don’t speak for her. | 我不为她说话 |
[25:45] | But I feel like we’ve had this conversation before, | 但我觉得我们有过这样的对话 |
[25:47] | many times now. | 很多次了 |
[25:54] | I don’t know if you’re lonely. | 我不知道你是否孤独 |
[25:55] | I assume you must be. | 我猜你肯定很孤独 |
[25:57] | But telling her about some secret father | 但告诉她有个秘密父亲 |
[25:59] | isn’t gonna bring her back to you. | 并不会让她回到你身边 |
[26:02] | Not just a father. | 不只是一个父亲 |
[26:05] | A brother, too. | 还有个弟弟 |
[26:07] | A half-brother just like you. | 跟你一样的同父异母 |
[26:16] | We spread Dad’s ashes. | 我们把爸爸的骨灰撒了 |
[26:18] | Together. | 一起撒的 |
[26:22] | He would have probably enjoyed that. | 他可能会很喜欢 |
[26:26] | Good-bye, Mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[27:22] | Hey, it’s me. | 是我 |
[27:27] | Yeah, yeah, I had fun last night, too. | 嗯 嗯 昨晚我也很开心 |
[27:34] | Oh, no reason. | 没有理由 |
[27:40] | Oh, yeah. | 好 |
[27:42] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |