时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I want you back. | 我希望你回到我身边 |
[00:04] | Jesus, Drew. | 天呐 德鲁 |
[00:06] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[00:08] | – It worked. – What worked? | -奏效了 -什么奏效了 |
[00:09] | My trial. I went to the doctors. | 我的临床试验 我去了医院 |
[00:12] | They ran some tests. And it’s shrinking. | 他们做了一些检查 它在变小 |
[00:15] | We can do anything. | 我们可以做任何事 |
[00:19] | Surprise! God… | 惊喜吧 老天 |
[00:21] | Happy birthday dear Val | 生日快乐 亲爱的小薇 |
[00:25] | Um, these people are here for you, so enjoy your cake. | 这些人是为你而来 享用你的蛋糕吧 |
[00:29] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[00:30] | Home. | 回家 |
[00:32] | To Drew. | 找德鲁 |
[00:37] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[00:38] | Is there another entrance that doesn’t have stairs? | 有别的没有楼梯的入口吗 |
[00:41] | – What? – For the gurney. | -什么 -轮床需要 |
[00:42] | We have your father outside. | 你们父亲在外面 |
[00:43] | Just need to find a way of bringing him in. | 需要想办法送他进来 |
[00:45] | Lock all the doors, Val. | 把所有门关上 小薇 |
[00:46] | Oh… happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[01:14] | – Do it. – You do it. | -去吧 -你去 |
[01:17] | I’m scared. | 我好怕 |
[01:18] | He’s incapacitated. | 他没了行动能力 |
[01:20] | You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道 |
[01:23] | We’re gonna have to talk to him eventually, you know. | 我们迟早要和他对话 你知道的 |
[01:26] | Or we pretend he’s not there and go about our lives. | 我们也可以假装他不在那儿 继续我们的生活 |
[01:29] | Yeah. That’ll work. | 是啊 这招可行 |
[01:32] | We could wheel him outside | 我们可以把他推到外面 |
[01:33] | and hope the rain washes him away. | 寄希望雨水把他冲走 |
[01:35] | It would take a flash flood. | 那得要山洪才行 |
[01:37] | – Isn’t it El Niño? – That ended in April. | -现在不是有厄尔尼诺吗 -4月就结束了 |
[01:42] | Shit. He’s on the move. | 糟糕 他在动 |
[01:47] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[02:09] | Dad, | 爸 |
[02:11] | how you feeling? | 你感觉怎样 |
[02:14] | I’m buoyed by the smiling faces of my children. | 我被我孩子们的笑容所鼓舞 |
[02:19] | Something you want to tell us? Or… | 你有什么想跟我们说的吗 还是 |
[02:21] | What are you doing in my living room? | 你在我客厅里做什么 |
[02:22] | Well, good morning to you too. | 你们也早上好 |
[02:25] | What’s your angle this time? | 你这次又打着什么算盘 |
[02:26] | Insurance? Malpractice? | 保险 医疗过失 |
[02:28] | Or are you just here to spoil our day? | 还是你就是来这毁掉我们的生活 |
[02:30] | – I’m dying. – Horse shit. | -我快死了 -扯淡 |
[02:32] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[02:33] | My kidneys are shot. My liver, my pancreas too. | 我的肾不行了 肝和胰腺也不行了 |
[02:37] | And I’m in pain. | 我很痛苦 |
[02:39] | Everyone’s in pain. | 谁不痛苦啊 |
[02:40] | Well, this is a pain that I find that I can no longer endure. | 我的痛苦已经让我无法再忍受下去了 |
[02:45] | Where’s Mom? | 妈呢 |
[02:46] | Your mother has chosen to… | 你们的母亲选择 |
[02:48] | recuse herself from the situation. | 回避这事 |
[02:50] | She finds this whole thing a bit unpalatable. | 她认为这事让她有点难以接受 |
[02:54] | – So, we’re supposed to take care of you? – Unpalatable? | -所以我们就得照顾你 -难以接受 |
[02:55] | It’s fine. It’s all taken care of. | 没关系的 一切都处理好了 |
[02:57] | I’ve made certain arrangements. | 我已经做好了具体安排 |
[02:59] | I’ll be euthanizing myself this evening. | 我今晚会对自己实施安乐死 |
[03:04] | So, Valerie, did you have a nice birthday? | 薇拉莉 你生日过得开心吗 |
[03:10] | What the fuck, Alex? What the fuck? | 搞什么 艾利克斯 这他妈的是搞什么 |
[03:12] | She just left? | 她居然就那么走了 |
[03:15] | He did everything. Terminal diagnosis, | 他什么都做了 最终诊断 |
[03:18] | mental health screening, multiple witnesses. | 心理健康测查 多人作证 |
[03:19] | I mean, he already called in the prescription. | 他已经电话预定了处方药 |
[03:24] | We can’t indulge this, right? | 这事我们不能迁就他 对吧 |
[03:25] | I mean, we can’t. | 我们不能 |
[03:27] | No, no. | 是不能 不能 |
[03:29] | – Not in my house. – What? | -在我家可不行 -什么 |
[03:31] | Either his ghost ends up haunting me, | 要么他的鬼魂会回来闹我 |
[03:33] | or I have to disclose his death when I sell this place. | 要么我不得不在卖这房子时披露他死在这里 |
[03:37] | Unemployment is surprisingly expensive. | 想不到做无业游民这么费钱 |
[04:04] | – Oh, thanks. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[04:10] | So, are you ready? | 你做好准备了吗 |
[04:13] | For what? | 做好什么准备 |
[04:15] | The great unknown. | 迎接死后的未知世界 |
[04:17] | When it’s your time, it’s your time. | 该你死你跑也跑不掉 |
[04:20] | You’re gonna miss the end of the “Transformers” franchise. | 你看不到《变形金刚》系列的最终集了 |
[04:23] | Well, maybe you could come to my grave | 或许你可以来给我扫墓 |
[04:24] | and tell me how things work out. | 告诉我结局 |
[04:27] | I bet some robots kill some other robots. | 我打赌是一伙机器人干掉了另一伙机器人 |
[04:36] | What’s on your mind? | 你有什么心事 |
[04:43] | I was actually… | 其实我本来 |
[04:45] | prepared for a death. | 做好了接受死讯的准备 |
[04:48] | I just didn’t think it would be yours. | 我只是没想到会是你的 |
[04:51] | Really? Who’d you think was gonna be dying? | 是吗 你本来以为是谁要死 |
[04:54] | My boyfriend. | 我男朋友 |
[04:56] | Or… this guy. | 或者说这个人 |
[04:58] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[05:01] | So, I take it he’s still alive. | 看来他还活着 |
[05:03] | That he is. | 是的 |
[05:05] | You don’t seem all that pleased about that. | 他还活着你好像不怎么开心 |
[05:07] | I am. | 我很高兴 |
[05:09] | I think I am. | 我觉得我是高兴的 |
[05:10] | I don’t know. It’s confusing. | 我不知道 好困惑 |
[05:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:15] | Everything’s kind of confusing at your age. | 你这个年纪的事都有点令人困惑 |
[05:18] | When does it all make sense? | 什么时候才能捉摸透 |
[05:21] | It doesn’t. | 捉摸不透的 |
[05:22] | Eventually, you just sort of come to accept that. | 到最后你只好接受事实 |
[05:26] | And then the lights turn off. | 人生也结束了 |
[05:34] | So, how does this work? | 所以这是怎么进行的 |
[05:37] | I mean, once you’re ready, you pop a couple pills, | 是你准备好后 吞下几片药 |
[05:40] | and sayonara? | 然后就再见了吗 |
[05:44] | Off to the great unknown. | 前往未知的世界 |
[05:48] | Is there anything I can do to help? | 我有什么能帮上忙吗 |
[05:51] | Actually, there is something you could do for me. | 事实上 你还真帮得上忙 |
[05:55] | It’s a small gathering. | 一个小型聚会 |
[05:56] | Four, five people, max, in a private room. | 顶多四五个人 单间 |
[05:59] | No. No special menu. | 不用 不需要特殊菜单 |
[06:01] | You have wheelchair access, correct? | 你们有轮椅通道吧 |
[06:03] | We’re euthanizing my father, and he’s confined to a gurney. | 我们要对我父亲实施安乐死 他只能睡轮床 |
[06:06] | He’s a larger man, so doorways are a bit of a concern. | 他个子很大 门道可能是个问题 |
[06:10] | Can’t or won’t? | 不行还是不会 |
[06:13] | Asshole. | 混蛋 |
[06:18] | Oh, thank God. You would not believe the morning I’ve had. | 感谢上天 你不会相信我今早都遇到了些什么 |
[06:23] | Hey, you don’t own your place, right? | 你没有你家的产权 对吧 |
[06:26] | – What? – Your apartment. | -什么 -你的公寓 |
[06:27] | – Do you rent or own? – I rent. | -是租的还是你有产权 -租的 |
[06:29] | Good. I might need to borrow it for a few hours later. | 很好 过会儿我可能要借用几个小时 |
[06:32] | And that ramp that leads up to the back door… | 通往后门的斜坡 |
[06:33] | Is that street-accessible? | 跟大街是连着的吗 |
[06:36] | Hi, Leon. | 嗨 里昂 |
[06:38] | Dad, where’s Mom? | 爸 妈在哪儿 |
[06:40] | Like I said, she’s recused herself from the situation. | 我说过了 她选择回避这事 |
[06:43] | Right. Where is she? | 对 她在哪儿 |
[06:46] | She’s with her friend Dolly in Ojai. | 她和她朋友多莉在奥哈伊 |
[06:51] | Do not move him. Do not let him die. | 别动他 别让他死了 |
[06:53] | He stays here… alive… until I get back with Mom. | 他得活生生地留在这儿 直到我和妈回来 |
[06:57] | Val, wait. | 小薇 等等 |
[07:03] | – Your car’s at Chili’s. – Yep. | -你的车在红辣椒烤肉餐厅 -对 |
[07:21] | You ever feel like | 你有没有觉得 |
[07:22] | if we’re overwhelmed by ways to fix heartburn, | 如果我们忙着治疗胃灼热 |
[07:25] | we’ll be too distracted to realize | 我们会太过心烦意乱 都意识不到 |
[07:27] | that the major things in life are mostly out of our control? | 生活中的大事基本都脱离了我们的控制 |
[07:34] | Go with the TUMS. They taste like chalk candy. | 买TUMS吧 吃起来就像是粉笔糖 |
[07:39] | Next. | 下一位 |
[07:42] | Hi. I’m picking up a prescription. | 你好 我来取处方药 |
[07:44] | Charles Cole. | 查尔斯·科尔 |
[07:45] | – Your name? – Laura Meyers. | -你的名字 -劳拉·迈尔斯 |
[07:47] | ID? | 身份证 |
[07:52] | You’re 17. | 你17岁 |
[07:54] | – So I’m told. – I can’t release this to anyone under 18. | -我知道 -我不能把它给未成年 |
[07:57] | But my name is listed for pickup. | 可是我的名字写在取药单上 |
[07:59] | Still, I can’t release this to a minor. It’s dangerous. | 我还是不能把它交给未成年 太危险了 |
[08:04] | Ugh. Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:06] | What aisle is the Drano? | 管道疏通液在哪个通道 |
[08:12] | Do you remember when we met? | 你记得我们初遇的情形吗 |
[08:15] | Yep. Um… I do. | 记得 |
[08:18] | In that little bar. | 在那个小酒吧里 |
[08:20] | So, earlier that day, | 那天早些时候 |
[08:22] | I was with my husband and our lawyers, | 我和我丈夫以及我们的律师在一起 |
[08:24] | and he said that I was cold and that I’d always be alone. | 他说我很冷漠 会永远孤身一人 |
[08:29] | – Oh. I, uh… I see. – Yeah. | -这样啊 -嗯 |
[08:32] | And I’ve been trying to get those words out of my head | 我一直想把那些话从我的脑袋里 |
[08:34] | for a very long time. | 赶出去 |
[08:37] | Any luck? | 成功了吗 |
[08:40] | You know, life was easier when I was married. | 我结婚时的生活其实更简单一些 |
[08:43] | It just was ordinary. | 非常普通 |
[08:46] | I…I liked ordinary. | 我喜欢普通的感觉 |
[08:49] | Then why have you stayed with Alex for so long? | 那你为什么要和艾利克斯住那么久 |
[08:53] | Oh. Well, we have a… | 我们之间… |
[08:56] | we have a complicated symbiosis. | 存在复杂的共生关系 |
[09:01] | Do you have siblings? | 你有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[09:03] | – I do. – Do you love them? | -有 -你爱他们吗 |
[09:06] | – Very much. – Well, that’s what makes it so hard. | -非常爱 -这就是让一切变得困难的原因 |
[09:08] | It’s right up here on the right. | 就在右手边 |
[09:11] | Sure. | 好的 |
[09:25] | 红辣椒烤肉餐厅专用停车位 禁止过夜停车 | |
[09:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:36] | Alex? | 艾利克斯 |
[09:39] | Alex! | 艾利克斯 |
[09:42] | Yeah? | 干嘛 |
[09:43] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[09:45] | About what? | 谈什么 |
[09:47] | Anything you’d like. | 你想谈什么都行 |
[10:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:02] | Do you know anything about the 1990s Chicago Bulls? | 你了解90年代的芝加哥公牛队吗 |
[10:06] | – I do not. – That’s too bad. | -不了解 -真可惜 |
[10:09] | There’s a good biography on Toni Kukoc. | 关于托尼·库科奇有部挺好的传记 |
[10:13] | I’d give you a copy, but… | 我本来想给你一本 可是 |
[10:14] | Hand me my bag over there. | 把我的包递给我 |
[10:26] | I was thinking… | 我在想… |
[10:30] | that maybe you might want to have this. | 你可能想要这个 |
[10:52] | How about I just turn on some music? | 不如我去放点音乐吧 |
[10:57] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:28] | 斯宾塞 给她看了 她笑了 你怎么样 醒了吗 | |
[12:11] | Fuck him. How fucking dare he? | 操他的 他怎么敢 |
[12:14] | – Alex. – I mean, a photo album? | -艾利克斯 -一本相册 |
[12:16] | How trite. | 真老套 |
[12:17] | Like I’m just supposed to forget all the horrible shit he did? | 我就该忘掉他做过的那些破事吗 |
[12:19] | What did he say about it? | 他是怎么说的 |
[12:20] | Nothing. He just gave it to me. | 什么都没说 直接把它给了我 |
[12:22] | And now he expects me to mercy-kill him. | 现在他指望我让他安乐死 |
[12:24] | – Okay. – What if I’m not ready for him to die? | -好吧 -要是我还没准备好让他死呢 |
[12:27] | What if I don’t want to kill him just yet? | 要是我现在还不想杀了他呢 |
[12:30] | And men who kill their fathers… | 杀死自己父亲的人… |
[12:31] | bad things happen to them. | 会发生不好的事情 |
[12:32] | Weird things. I’ve read those books. | 很诡异的事 我读过这类书 |
[12:34] | Your life is not a Greek tragedy. | 你的人生不是希腊悲剧 |
[12:37] | Just talk to him. | 跟他聊聊 |
[12:39] | You’re not gonna get another chance. | 这是最后的机会了 |
[12:46] | – You okay, Laura Jo? – I’m fine. | -你还好吧 劳拉·乔 -我没事 |
[12:49] | – You sure? – Yep. | -你确定 -是的 |
[12:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:54] | Oh, my mom wanted to do a college tour thing, | 我妈妈想去大学参观 |
[12:56] | and she asked if you wanted to come along. | 她问你要不要一起 |
[12:59] | – Could be fun. – Yeah, it could be. | -应该很有趣 -对 也许吧 |
[13:01] | Next. | 下一位 |
[13:04] | Back again. | 又来了 |
[13:05] | I brought the cavalry. | 我搬救兵来了 |
[13:08] | ID? | 身份证 |
[13:14] | You don’t have to come if you don’t want to. | 你要是不想去的话就别去了 |
[13:16] | On the college tour. | 参观大学那事 |
[13:17] | Can we not talk about this right now? | 我们现在能不说这个吗 |
[13:19] | – I’m just saying. – I heard you. | -我说说而已 -我听见了 |
[13:21] | You are not listed for pickup. | 你不在取药名单上 |
[13:23] | – But I am. – But you are not 18. | -但是我在 -但是你没满18岁 |
[13:26] | Which we’ve already established. | 这点我们已经确定了 |
[13:28] | That’s why I have him, the 18-year-old. | 所以我才叫他来 他18岁 |
[13:30] | It’s not a mix-and-match situation. | 这事可不能玩混搭 |
[13:32] | I can’t pick up a prescription for my dying grandfather? | 我不能为我行将就木的外公取药吗 |
[13:35] | This is ridiculous. I… | 太荒谬了 我… |
[13:37] | – Miss… – Don’t interrupt me! | -小姐… -不要打断我 |
[13:38] | It’s stupid. You’re stupid. | 太愚蠢了 你真蠢 |
[13:40] | Your entire job is to help people, | 你的工作就是帮助别人 |
[13:42] | so why are you preventing me | 你为什么要阻止我 |
[13:43] | from completing a simple fucking task, | 完成一个简单的任务 |
[13:45] | you obstructionist asshole? | 你这个故意阻扰的混蛋 |
[13:56] | Do you think it’ll be better the second time around? | 你觉得重新来过结局会更好吗 |
[13:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:03] | The life I built… it wasn’t even mine. | 我所建立的人生…不是我的 |
[14:05] | And the only thing that was mine was my marriage. | 只有婚姻是我的 |
[14:09] | And Drew’s not perfect… | 德鲁并不完美… |
[14:11] | he’s far from perfect… | 一点都不完美… |
[14:13] | but maybe that’s okay. | 但是也许并没关系 |
[14:18] | If… if that’s what you want. | 如果这是你想要的 |
[14:20] | People are gonna judge me, right? | 人们会对我评头论足 对吧 |
[14:21] | They’re gonna say nasty things. | 他们会说一些恶心的话 |
[14:24] | They’ll care less than you think. | 他们根本就不关心 |
[14:29] | You’re a good friend, Leon. | 你是个好朋友 里昂 |
[14:32] | I don’t know why you put up with us. | 我不知道你怎么能受得了我们 |
[14:35] | Well, your brother amuses me, | 你弟弟很风趣 |
[14:38] | and, um, after our night together, | 再说我们那一晚之后 |
[14:42] | how could I not? | 我怎么能不呢 |
[14:44] | Is that a British thing? | 这是英国人的特点吗 |
[14:45] | You have to live in your shame? | 你得活在羞辱中 |
[14:48] | No. Actually, we Brits are pretty shame-averse. | 不是 其实我们英国人并不喜欢羞辱 |
[14:51] | So, you’re just torturing yourself? | 那么你是在折磨自己吗 |
[14:54] | Maybe I was hoping for a chance to get it right. | 也许我只是希望能够能有一个改正的机会 |
[14:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:00] | 只接受现金或支票 不接受信用卡 | |
[15:01] | No credit cards? | 不接受信用卡 |
[15:02] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[15:05] | Here. | 给 |
[15:08] | You can pay me back. | 你可以还我 |
[15:19] | Who carries a checkbook? | 谁没事带支票簿 |
[15:31] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[15:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:34] | Um, for what it’s worth, | 个人意见 |
[15:38] | you don’t owe anyone an apology. | 你没有对不起任何人 |
[15:42] | We do what we can to be happy. | 为了幸福我们不惜一切 |
[16:33] | Do you remember what you told me about the American Indians? | 你记得你跟我说的关于美州印第安人的事吗 |
[16:36] | Well, I do remember you running around one summer | 我记得有年夏天你带着那条 |
[16:39] | with that ridiculous headdress on. | 可笑的头饰四处乱窜 |
[16:40] | You told me they were slaughtered tribe by tribe | 你告诉我他们的部落一个一个被灭掉 |
[16:43] | so that our ancestors could settle. | 这样我的祖先才能定居下来 |
[16:47] | You said it was for the best. | 你说那样是最好的 |
[16:49] | Would you rather that I lied to you? | 你希望我欺骗你吗 |
[16:51] | I was five. | 我当时才五岁 |
[16:52] | Alex, the world doesn’t favor sentimentality, you know? | 艾利克斯 世界不会偏袒多愁善感的人 |
[16:56] | The sooner you understood that… | 你越早意识到这一点 |
[16:57] | The sooner I could learn to shut myself off from it? | 我就可以越早学会关闭自己的情感吗 |
[17:00] | – Oh, Alex… – I am lonely. | -艾利克斯 -我很孤独 |
[17:02] | I am lonely and sad | 我如此孤独和悲伤 |
[17:06] | because of what you taught me, | 就是因为你教我的一切 |
[17:08] | because of how you raised me. | 就是因为你抚养我的方式 |
[17:10] | Can you imagine what it’s like | 你能想象看着自己的父母 |
[17:12] | to watch your parents love indiscriminately | 恣意爱着对方的时候 |
[17:13] | when you have no one for yourself? | 你自己却没有人爱是种怎样的感受吗 |
[17:19] | I did the best I could. | 我已经尽力了 |
[17:22] | And you and your sister have each other. | 你和你姐姐拥有彼此 |
[17:24] | That’s a real love. | 那是真正的爱 |
[17:27] | That’s more than most people ever get. | 这已经超越绝大多数人所得到过的爱 |
[17:31] | It’s more than I ever got. | 超越我所得到过的爱了 |
[17:44] | – Laura Jo. – Stop calling me that. | -劳拉·乔 -别这么叫我 |
[17:49] | Did I do something? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[17:50] | No. | 没有 |
[17:51] | Yes. God, this is so fucked up. | 有 天呐 真是一团糟 |
[17:56] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[17:58] | You were dying. | 你本来快死了 |
[18:00] | You were supposed to die. | 你本应该死的 |
[18:03] | Okay, but now I’m not. | 好吧 但我现在不会死了 |
[18:05] | Now you’re not. | 现在你不会死了 |
[18:08] | So, what? You’re not into me anymore? | 所以 怎么了 你不再喜欢我了吗 |
[18:12] | I want to be. | 我想喜欢你 |
[18:16] | But then I think of this stupid tattoo, | 但然后我想到了这个愚蠢的文身 |
[18:19] | and, like, it’s gonna be here forever. | 它会永远刻在那里 |
[18:22] | And what happens in a year, or five years, | 要是一年内或者五年内 |
[18:24] | when I hate it and want to get rid of it, | 当我厌恶了这个文身 想要除去它 |
[18:26] | but it’s seared into my skin, and the ink won’t come out? | 但它已烙印在我的皮肤里 去除不了会发生什么 |
[18:30] | It’s just a tattoo. | 只是个文身而已 |
[18:33] | You know that feeling | 你知道那种 |
[18:35] | when you get someone and they get you? | 当你懂某个人而他们也懂你的感觉吗 |
[18:38] | The thing that makes the sex good? | 那种让性变得美妙的感觉吗 |
[18:40] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[18:44] | It’s gone. | 那种感觉消失了 |
[19:06] | Where’s Mom? | 妈呢 |
[19:16] | She made her choice. | 她做出了自己的选择 |
[19:18] | If she doesn’t want to help him, we can’t force her. | 如果她不想帮他 我们也不能强迫她 |
[19:23] | He might not have done right by us, | 他也许没有公平对待我们 |
[19:25] | but we can do right by him. | 但我们可以公平对待他 |
[19:29] | I’ll go get his drugs. | 我去拿他的药 |
[19:31] | No, I’ll take care of it. | 不用 我来搞定吧 |
[19:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:40] | Where’s Laura? | 劳拉人呢 |
[19:42] | Her room. | 在她房间里 |
[19:53] | Hi, Mom. | 嗨 妈 |
[19:56] | Hi. | 好 |
[19:59] | I had a bad day. | 我今天过得不顺 |
[20:09] | Hello. I’m picking up a prescription for… | 你好 我是来为查尔斯·科尔 |
[20:12] | Charles Cole. | 领处方药的 |
[20:13] | And you are? | 你是 |
[20:15] | Cecilia. From PostMates! | 我是来自PostMates的西西莉亚 |
[20:19] | ID? | 身份证 |
[20:21] | I’m fucked up. | 我好坏 |
[20:24] | And not, like garden-variety teenage girl fucked up. | 不是普通少女那种坏 |
[20:29] | I mean actually fucked up. | 是真的坏 |
[20:33] | Why do you think that? | 为什么这么想 |
[20:36] | ‘Cause I wanted him to die. | 因为我之前希望他死 |
[20:40] | – No, you didn’t. – No, I did. | -不 你没这么想 -我想了 |
[20:44] | I wanted something preserved and timeless | 我想要一种能永恒保存的东西 |
[20:47] | like one of those stupid movies. | 就像那些弱智电影一样 |
[20:51] | Yeah, but we all know that’s not realistic, right? | 是 但我们都知道那不现实 对吧 |
[20:56] | Right. | 是 |
[20:57] | Realistic is learning his flaws | 现实是我了解到他的缺点 |
[21:00] | and realizing I can’t stand him | 意识到我受不了他 |
[21:04] | and my brain changing all the good memories to bad | 脑中的美好记忆全变成负面的 |
[21:06] | so I never have to speak to him again. | 这样我就不用再和他说话了 |
[21:11] | It only gets worse. | 越来越糟 |
[21:13] | And the honeymoon comes at the start, not the end. | 蜜月只存在于最初 而不是在终点 |
[21:18] | The honeymoon is only one part of it. | 蜜月只是其中一部分 |
[21:21] | – Yeah, the best part. – Sometimes. | -最好的一部分 -有时而已 |
[21:26] | Sometimes, people reveal themselves as more than that. | 有时 人们不仅仅这样揭示自己 |
[21:30] | You remember why you fell in love with them in the first place, | 你记起自己当初是如何爱上他们的 |
[21:33] | but that usually comes with time. | 但这通常需要时间 |
[21:43] | Like with your dad. | 就像我和你爸一样 |
[21:52] | Wait, seriously? | 等等 真的吗 |
[21:54] | You were miserable at the end. Both of you. | 你们在最后都很痛苦 两个都是 |
[21:57] | I wasn’t miserable. | 我没有 |
[21:59] | I used to hear you crying in the bathroom at night | 过去我在晚上会听到你在浴室里哭 |
[22:01] | when you thought everyone was asleep. | 当你以为所有人都睡了 |
[22:08] | Have you been talking to him about getting back together? | 你有在跟他谈复合的事吗 |
[22:11] | I, uh… | 我 |
[22:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:16] | Maybe we ended things too soon. | 也许我们结束得太快 |
[22:19] | Should’ve tried harder to keep it all together. | 该再努力一点维持关系的 |
[22:22] | Mom. | 妈 |
[22:24] | You tried as hard as you could. | 你尽了最大努力 |
[22:31] | Most sons dream of beating their dad at ping-pong, | 大多数儿子都梦想能在打乒乓球时战胜他们的父亲 |
[22:34] | not… you know. | 而不是 你懂的 |
[22:37] | Someday, you can tell your kids about it. | 将来某天 你可以跟你的孩子说 |
[22:39] | Then they’ll really fear you. | 他们就会对你产生畏惧 |
[22:42] | This is really what you want? | 这真是你想要的 |
[22:45] | It is. | 是的 |
[22:48] | I’m glad it’s you. | 我很开心是你 |
[22:55] | Dad. | 爸 |
[22:56] | Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[23:01] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[23:02] | I’m sorry that we weren’t closer. | 我很抱歉我们之前不太亲近 |
[23:06] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[23:07] | Eh, maybe it’s all for the best. | 也许这样最好 |
[23:14] | We’ll do it together. | 我们一起完成 |
[23:22] | I bet right now in, like, Utah, | 我打赌此刻 比如在犹他州 |
[23:25] | there’s a family doing this exact same thing, | 有家人肯定也在做同样的事 |
[23:28] | but instead of a lethal dose of sleeping pills, | 不过不是致命剂量的安眠药 |
[23:31] | it’s, um… it’s a pile of beads, | 而是一堆珠子 |
[23:33] | and they’re making charm bracelets. | 他们在做幸运手镯 |
[23:34] | God, beading is the worst. | 天 没有比串珠更糟糕的事了 |
[23:36] | Mm. Jewelry-making in general. | 总的来说所有首饰制作都是 |
[23:39] | Every housewife in LA thinks she’s fucking David Yurman. | 每个洛杉矶的家庭主妇都以为自己是大卫·雅曼 |
[23:43] | David Yurman? | 大卫·雅曼 |
[23:45] | The jewelry-making guy, right? | 首饰制造商 对吧 |
[23:46] | Don’t answer that. I don’t want to know. | 别回答 我不想知道 |
[23:51] | Would it be so hard to just give us a bag of powder? | 直接给我们一袋粉末会很难吗 |
[23:54] | – Yeah. Like street drugs. – Yes. Like street drugs. | -是啊 像街头毒品那样 -对 像街头毒品那样 |
[23:58] | That would be easy. | 那就容易多了 |
[23:59] | It’s not supposed to be easy. | 这本就不该是件容易的事 |
[24:00] | You don’t take street drugs… | 你不吃街头毒品吧 |
[24:02] | I don’t. | 我不吃 |
[24:05] | Well, it’s less culpable than handing him the pills | 这比直接给他药片 |
[24:07] | or hooking him up to a IV. | 或者静脉注射少了很多负罪感 |
[24:10] | Yeah. It’s just a cloudy glass of water. | 是啊 只是一杯浑浊的水 |
[24:13] | Diet Patricide. | 杀父膳食 |
[24:18] | Last one. | 最后一颗 |
[24:20] | You want the honors? | 你想来吗 |
[24:22] | Go for it. | 你弄吧 |
[24:35] | I am parched. | 我渴了 |
[24:40] | Dad, you can drink this or not. | 爸 你可以喝下这个也可以不喝 |
[24:42] | It’s your decision. | 决定权在你 |
[24:43] | We won’t begrudge you either way. | 无论如何 我们都不会抱怨 |
[24:48] | To the great unknown. | 敬未知的世界 |
[24:54] | Okay. | 好了 |
[25:23] | How long is it supposed to take? | 应该需要多长时间 |
[25:32] | Uh… 15 to 30 minutes. | 15到30分钟 |
[25:34] | But in some cases with larger patients, | 不过有时体型大的病人 |
[25:37] | it can take upwards of 48 hours. | 最长可需要48小时 |
[25:46] | Should we order food? | 我们该叫外卖吗 |
[25:51] | Chinese? | 中餐 |
[26:03] | Is there one moment that you can think of? | 你能想到某一个时刻吗 |
[26:06] | Yeah, probably. | 也许吧 |
[26:09] | I remember one Christmas… | 我记得有年圣诞节 |
[26:11] | I would always wake up in the mornings | 我总会在所有人下床前 |
[26:15] | before everybody else got out of bed, | 第一个醒来 |
[26:17] | and I would grab a flashlight, | 我会拿起手电筒 |
[26:19] | and I would look at… | 我会看 |
[26:23] | Aren’t they sweet? | 他们多甜蜜 |
[26:29] | Did you talk to Dad while I was gone? | 我离开期间你和爸爸谈过了吗 |
[26:32] | I did. | 是的 |
[26:33] | How did that go? | 谈得怎么样 |
[26:36] | Good, I think. | 还行吧 |
[26:45] | I’m sorry about your birthday. | 生日的事我很抱歉 |
[26:49] | – It’s all right. – No, it’s not. | -没事 -有事 |
[26:54] | You know, it’s so hard to hate you, | 你知道 恨你真的很难 |
[26:57] | because your heart is in the right place, | 因为你的出发点是好的 |
[27:00] | and I know how much you care about us. | 我知道你有多关心我们 |
[27:04] | But it’s always you that ends up on top. | 但最后获利的总是你 |
[27:10] | What? | 怎么 |
[27:11] | I lost my girlfriend, my company, | 我失去了我的女友 我的公司 |
[27:14] | and, unless he’s immune to poison, my father, | 然后除非我爸对毒药免疫 |
[27:17] | and you think I’m on top? | 你还觉得我获利 |
[27:22] | – Okay. – I don’t know. | -好吧 -我不知道 |
[27:24] | You just seem to find a way. | 你似乎总能找到方法 |
[27:26] | You’re not really going back to Drew, are you? | 你不会真要和德鲁复合吧 |
[27:33] | No. I don’t think I am. | 不 应该不会 |
[27:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:42] | But… it’s time for me to leave this house. | 但 是时候离开这里了 |
[27:53] | I think that’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[27:57] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[28:04] | Do you want a fortune cookie? | 想要吃块幸运饼吗 |
[28:14] | Guys? | 各位 |
[29:04] | You’re early. | 你来早了 |