时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Alex, you’re good at this stuff. | 艾利克斯 你在这方面是专家 |
[00:05] | How do I make her my friend? | 我怎么才能让她做我的朋友 |
[00:07] | Standard dating rules apply. | 标准约会守则依旧有效 |
[00:08] | I’m over in the corner with a bunch of my friends, | 如果你想来 我和朋友 |
[00:10] | – if you want to join us. – Are you sure? | -在那边角落里 -你确定吗 |
[00:12] | Absolutely. Come over and have a drink. | 当然了 过来一起喝一杯 |
[00:13] | We’re doing a potluck this weekend to kick off the semester. | 我们这周末会以百乐餐开始新的学期 |
[00:16] | I think you should come by and meet the others. | 你们应该过来 认识其他人 |
[00:18] | Look, you don’t have to front. We just want to get to know you. | 听着 你没必要全盘托出 我们只是想了解你 |
[00:22] | – What are our options? – There are no options. | -我们有哪些选择 -我们别无他选 |
[00:24] | We take this money or fold. | 要不拿钱要不倒闭 |
[00:26] | You want me to match people who are incompatible? | 你想让我把不合适的人配对 |
[00:28] | Sell them a lie? | 欺骗他们吗 |
[00:29] | Give them the fun of dating | 让他们享受约会的乐趣 |
[00:30] | without the pressure of finding a happiness | 不再背负寻找 可能根本 |
[00:32] | that may not even exist. | 就不存在的幸福的压力 |
[00:53] | – Morning. – Sure is. | -早上好 -当然是早上 |
[00:55] | Sir? | 先生 |
[00:58] | Sir? | 先生 |
[01:25] | – Hi, there. – ID, please. | -你好 -请出示身份证 |
[01:27] | Why, you got a bar back there? | 为什么 里面有酒吧吗 |
[01:35] | Who are you here to see? | 你是来见谁的 |
[01:37] | I work here. | 我在这工作 |
[01:38] | Yeah, so do I. | 我也是 |
[01:40] | Snooger Snooger. | |
[01:43] | JME Capital. | JME基金 |
[01:47] | Nothing in the system. | 你不在系统里 |
[01:49] | You’ll have to sign the sheet. | 你必须在单子上签字 |
[01:55] | Power of the pen, huh? | 笔的力量 是吧 |
[01:57] | Don’t forget to validate. | 别忘了去验证你的身份 |
[02:07] | I’ll speak with Damon about the server problems | 我会和戴蒙说下服务器的问题 |
[02:09] | and it should be cleared up by the weekend. | 周末前应该就能解决 |
[02:11] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:13] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:15] | Oh, boy, you give a guy a nightstick, | 天 你给人一根警棍 |
[02:17] | suddenly, he’s Captain fucking America. | 突然他就成了该死的美国队长了 |
[02:19] | Really makes you wonder why | 让你不禁好奇为什么 |
[02:20] | we’re militarizing police, right? | 我们要军事化警察 对吧 |
[02:22] | Okay. | 好了 |
[02:27] | Okay, then. | 那好 |
[02:28] | Uh, anything else? | 还有要说的吗 |
[02:30] | Cool. | 很好 |
[02:31] | We will regroup on Monday | 下周一市场营销会议前 |
[02:32] | before the marketing meeting. | 大家再集合起来 |
[02:34] | Wait, we’re done? | 等等 这就完了 |
[02:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:37] | Is there anything I need to know? | 有什么我需要知道的吗 |
[02:39] | You’re good. | 没有 |
[02:40] | I’ll have my office send you the minutes. | 我会让我的办公室把会议记录寄给你 |
[02:42] | Hey, if you’re still doing drinks later, text me, yeah? | 如果你们待会儿还要去喝酒 给我短信好吗 |
[02:44] | Done. | 好的 |
[02:47] | Oh–oh, you guys going out later? | 你们过会儿要出去吗 |
[02:50] | Uh, that’s the plan. | 计划是这样的 |
[02:52] | ‘Cause, um, I have a better plan. | 我有个更好的计划 |
[02:56] | I picked up some stuff for the grill earlier– | 我之前去买了些用来烧烤的食物 |
[02:59] | brisket, ribs, Cornish game hens– | 胸肉 肋排和考尼什雏鸡肉 |
[03:02] | why don’t I cook you up a proper feast? | 我可以给大家做一顿大餐 |
[03:04] | You don’t have to do that. | 没必要的 |
[03:06] | No, we should get to know each other. | 不 我们该增进对彼此的了解 |
[03:08] | And you don’t know me till you’ve had my barbeque. | 吃过我的烧烤后你才算了解我 |
[03:11] | Right, Paul? | 对吗 保罗 |
[03:13] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[03:15] | You said ribs? | 你说肋排 |
[03:16] | Yeah, and game hens. | 对 还有考尼什雏鸡 |
[03:18] | Oh, my God, you should have seen me. | 我的天 你真该看看以前的我 |
[03:19] | I was a huge pothead. | 我以前是大麻狂热者 |
[03:21] | See, pot always made me so paranoid. | 大麻总是让我多疑 |
[03:23] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[03:24] | Not me. God, I smoked every day. | 我不会 我每天都抽 |
[03:26] | Even into grad school, it was crazy. | 即使在读研的时候也是 太疯狂了 |
[03:28] | Then I discovered TM and it was just… | 然后我得知了超觉静坐 那简直 |
[03:31] | I tried that too | 那个我也试过 |
[03:33] | and all I got was… existential angst. | 不过带给我的就是觉得生活毫无意义的焦虑感 |
[03:37] | – Oh, my God. – Yeah. | -天啊 -是的 |
[03:38] | What do you do to relax? | 那你是怎么放松的 |
[03:39] | I drink wine. | 我会喝酒 |
[03:41] | I drink lots and lots of wine. | 喝很多很多的酒 |
[03:43] | One day, I’m gonna put a barrel next to my bed | 我会在床边放个酒桶 |
[03:45] | and just run a line straight into my mouth | 从筒里接根管子到我嘴里 |
[03:47] | like a straw, | 像吸管那样 |
[03:48] | and I’m just gonna suck on that until I pass out. | 我会一直吸 吸到醉倒为止 |
[03:53] | That’s beautiful. | 那画面太美 |
[03:58] | You should come to my game night. | 你该来参加我的游戏之夜 |
[04:00] | We have so much wine. | 我们有很多酒 |
[04:01] | So much wine! | 很多很多酒 |
[04:02] | – And great people. – People? | -还有很多不错的人 -人 |
[04:04] | – People! – Well, in that case… | -人 -这样的话 |
[04:08] | I don’t know why I didn’t think of it. | 我搞不懂为什么我之前没想到 |
[04:09] | I mean, honestly, you’re a perfect fit. | 讲真 你真的特别合适 |
[04:12] | And I think you would like Harry, | 我觉得你会喜欢哈利的 |
[04:15] | who’s great. | 他人很好 |
[04:16] | He loves game night. | 他喜欢游戏之夜 |
[04:17] | But not in, like, that creepy infantile way | 但不像有些人那样 |
[04:19] | that some guys like game night. | 变态幼稚地喜欢 |
[04:20] | Like, he genuinely really likes game night. | 他是打心眼里真的喜欢游戏之夜 |
[04:22] | He’s a good guy. | 他是个好人 |
[04:24] | Harry, huh? | 哈利吗 |
[04:25] | He doesn’t have one personality disorder. | 他没有任何人格障碍 |
[04:30] | You can’t say no to that. | 这样的人你怎么忍心拒绝 |
[04:32] | Yeah, I guess I can’t. | 不忍心 |
[04:33] | You’re in, right? | 你会来参加 对吗 |
[04:36] | Before we get into today’s discussion of “Eating Animals” | 在我们进入今天”食用动物”的讨论之前 |
[04:40] | I would like to point out a potential trigger warning. | 我想指出一个潜在的预警 |
[04:44] | This book’s depiction of factory farming can be violent, | 本书对于工厂化养殖的描述会有点暴力 |
[04:48] | and at times, unsettling. | 有时甚至会令人心绪不宁 |
[04:50] | If anyone believes that they might be uncomfortable | 如果有人觉得讨论 |
[04:53] | with a discussion of the killing of animals, | 杀害动物会让他们不自在 |
[04:57] | they’re welcome to step out. | 可以随时退出 |
[04:59] | So if we’re uncomfortable, we don’t have to talk about it? | 所以如果我们不自在 就可以不用讨论吗 |
[05:02] | It’s important that this room stay a safe space. | 维持这里的安全空间很重要 |
[05:05] | And talking about a factual occurrence makes it unsafe? | 讨论真实发生过的事会让这不安全吗 |
[05:08] | It could. | 有可能的 |
[05:10] | Vegetarians, for example, | 比如素食主义者 |
[05:12] | may have a strong reaction to animal death. | 可能对动物死亡有强烈的反应 |
[05:14] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[05:15] | Strong reaction bad. | 强烈反应不好 |
[05:17] | Safe space good. | 安全空间好 |
[05:18] | Right. | 没错 |
[05:20] | – So if we can all continue– – What about eating triggers? | -如果我们能继续… -那进食预警呢 |
[05:24] | It’s a book about food, right? | 这本书与食物有关 不是吗 |
[05:26] | I feel like we might need | 我觉得我们可能需要 |
[05:28] | eating disorder triggers. | 进食障碍的预警 |
[05:32] | That’s actually a very good point. | 你说得很好 |
[05:35] | Uh, if anyone here is concerned with– | 如果在座各位担心… |
[05:39] | Are we sure we should be talking about this book? | 我们确定要讨论这本书吗 |
[05:41] | Yeah, maybe there’s a safer alternative. | 是啊 也许还有更安全的选择 |
[05:46] | It’s weird. | 好怪啊 |
[05:47] | Oh, come on, it’ll be fun. Game night. | 别这样 游戏之夜很有趣的 |
[05:50] | I’m the token single girl. | 我就是典型的单身女郎 |
[05:52] | Set-up bait. | 安排好的诱饵 |
[05:53] | No, look, if she didn’t like you, | 不 听着 要是她不喜欢你 |
[05:54] | she wouldn’t set you up. | 她就不会帮你牵线 |
[05:55] | Or he’s a troll. Harry. | 或者他是个诱饵 哈利 |
[05:59] | Harry– | 哈利 |
[06:00] | what kind of name is that? | 这什么鬼名字 |
[06:02] | Harry. | 哈利 |
[06:06] | Oh, but I, you know, I like game night. | 但我其实喜欢游戏之夜 |
[06:08] | I do, and who knows where it could lead. | 真的 谁知道会怎么发展 |
[06:11] | Game vacation. | 游戏假日 |
[06:17] | These fucking vulture lawyers, | 这些贪婪的律师 |
[06:19] | they see a carcass and they just circle. | 看见尸体就围过来 |
[06:21] | Hi, Dad. | 老爸好 |
[06:23] | Laura, hi. | 好啊 劳拉 |
[06:24] | How’s homeschool? | 家庭学校上得怎么样 |
[06:26] | – Trigger-y. – What does that mean? | -很有预警性 -什么意思 |
[06:29] | She’s fine. | 她很好 |
[06:30] | I just took you off speaker. | 我关免提了 |
[06:32] | Uh, so I’ve been thinking. | 我最近在想 |
[06:33] | What if I bought out your half of the house? | 我把你那半房子产权买下怎么样 |
[06:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:37] | We’ve lost two sales already | 我们已经失去了两个买家 |
[06:38] | and, you know, I just wouldn’t want you to feel stuck | 而我不想让你为此事 |
[06:41] | because of this. | 而纠结 |
[06:42] | No, that’s–it’s fine. | 不会 没事的 |
[06:44] | I don’t know. Loans fall through. | 我也不知道 贷款失败 |
[06:45] | That happens. | 这种事常有的 |
[06:47] | Right, that’s true. | 这倒是 |
[06:49] | Why? What’s this about? | 怎么 你想干什么 |
[06:51] | Nothing. It’s just a thought. | 没什么 只是想想而已 |
[06:57] | Mae-Yi and I are thinking ahead. | 美意和我在做长远打算 |
[07:00] | Thinking ahead to what? | 为什么做长远打算 |
[07:02] | To the future. | 为将来 |
[07:04] | The future? | 将来 |
[07:05] | Just, you know, if there were three of us, | 如果我们要添个小孩 |
[07:09] | then we could use the space | 就需要更大的空间 |
[07:12] | Three? | 要小孩 |
[07:14] | It’s just something we’re talking about. | 还处于讨论阶段 |
[07:17] | Val? | 小薇 |
[07:19] | Okay, well, great. | 好吧 挺好的 |
[07:20] | Uh, I wish you a lot of luck with that. | 祝你无限好运 |
[07:30] | You know, I should meet Harry. I bet he’s great. | 我该见见哈利 他肯定不错 |
[07:34] | – Yeah, I’m sure he is. – Yeah. | -肯定 -是啊 |
[07:45] | How about, uh, this one? | 这台呢 |
[07:49] | – It’s gas. – So? | -这台是烧气的 -所以呢 |
[07:52] | I think we want fire, you know? | 应该要烧炭的 |
[07:55] | Fire’s comforting. | 火令人安心 |
[07:57] | It speaks to our inner caveman, | 能唤醒藏于我们内心深处的野人精神 |
[07:59] | when we killed with impunity | 那时我们无需为杀戮负责 |
[08:01] | and feasted on the spoils of the hunt. | 可以大快朵颐猎捕来的食物 |
[08:04] | Have you, uh, ever been hunting? | 你打过猎吗 |
[08:07] | Course not. I’m a pacifist. | 当然没有 我是和平爱好者 |
[08:09] | Hey, do you know a place that sells game hens? | 你知道哪儿有卖考尼什雏鸡肉吗 |
[08:12] | No. | 不知道 |
[08:13] | Seems like a British thing to know. | 我以为英国人会知道 |
[08:15] | No big deal. We’ll figure it out. | 没事 我们会找到的 |
[08:18] | Well, I, uh, I have plans tonight | 我今晚和朋友 |
[08:20] | with, uh, with friends. | 有约 |
[08:24] | What friends? | 什么朋友 |
[08:25] | – Other friends. – You have other friends? | -别的朋友 -你有别的朋友 |
[08:27] | Yeah, why would you think that I don’t have other friends? | 你为什么觉得我没别的朋友 |
[08:29] | I don’t know. I just assumed. | 不知道 我猜的 |
[08:33] | Ah. Uh, how about this one? | 这个如何 |
[08:37] | Oh, yeah. | 不错嘛 |
[08:39] | She’s beautiful. | 挺好看的 |
[08:42] | Yeah. Fire. We want fire. | 烧炭的 我们要烧炭的 |
[08:45] | Okay, maybe, if I just push down on this. | 也许 安装在这就行 |
[08:50] | Nope. That’s not it. | 不 不是这样 |
[08:53] | It says “Once an egg is lit, | 上面说 “一旦点燃烤炉 |
[08:55] | be sure to… burp it before opening the dome.” | 确保开盖之前使热气慢慢排出” |
[09:00] | Burp it? | 使热气慢慢排出[给婴儿拍嗝] |
[09:02] | What is it, an infant? | 这是什么 婴儿吗 |
[09:08] | You’re wearing that? | 你打算穿这件 |
[09:10] | – What? – Val, it’s a barbeque. | -怎么了 -小薇 这是烧烤派对 |
[09:12] | Dark clothes camouflage the carnage. | 暗色系衣服才能掩盖各种污渍 |
[09:14] | Uh, I have a date. | 我有个约会 |
[09:14] | 奥布里 我需要咖啡 我总是需要咖啡 星巴克还是本地的 支持下Paz吧 本地的 你还好吗 就那样吧 你呢 | |
[09:16] | Well, kind of a date, I think. | 算是约会吧 |
[09:19] | Jennifer’s setting her up. | 珍妮弗给她牵线 |
[09:20] | Oh, how nice. | 真好 |
[09:22] | You can psychoanalyze him together. | 你们可以一起心理分析他 |
[09:25] | Really pick him apart. | 将他层层剥开 |
[09:26] | – Okay. I’m gonna go now. – Okay. | -行了 我要走了 -好吧 |
[09:32] | God. | 天啊 |
[09:34] | Does that look right? | 组装得正确吗 |
[09:36] | No. | 不 |
[09:42] | – I’m so glad you’re here. – Oh, me too. | -很高兴你能来 -我也是 |
[09:45] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[09:46] | I want you to meet everyone. | 我想让你认识下大家 |
[09:48] | But before we go in, I just want to say | 我们进去之前 我想说 |
[09:51] | I should have talked to him before he came. | 他来之前我该跟他说一下的 |
[09:53] | I just–I didn’t want to make it weird and awkward, | 我只是不想让一切变得奇怪又尴尬 |
[09:56] | but, um, the guy, Harry, | 不过 男方 哈利 |
[09:58] | he brought a date. | 他带了个约会对象 |
[09:59] | – Is that weird? – No. That’s fine. | -这奇怪吗 -不 没关系 |
[10:01] | – I’m so sorry. – That’s fine. | -真抱歉 -没事 |
[10:02] | – I’m so sorry. – No, that’s fine. | -太抱歉了 -真的没事 |
[10:03] | – Are you okay with it– – Valerie? | -你没意见… -薇拉莉 |
[10:04] | – Hi. – Hi. Sheri. | -你好 -你好 我是雪莉 |
[10:05] | – Oh, hi. – Sheri. Val. | -你好 -这是雪莉 这是小薇 |
[10:06] | I’m so sorry. Harry. | 太遗憾了 哈利的事 |
[10:09] | – You must be so uncomfortable. – I’m really not. | -你一定非常不自在 -我真没有 |
[10:11] | I mean, I don’t think I am, so… | 我不觉得我不自在 所以 |
[10:13] | It’s okay, and if you are, I would be, but that’s– | 你要是不自在很正常 换我我也会的 不过 |
[10:16] | You know, you look so cute too. | 你打扮得也很好看 |
[10:17] | – Fucking idiot. – Thank you. | -该死的蠢货 -谢谢 |
[10:19] | – One Word Allie? – I know. | -单蹦词的艾丽 -就是说啊 |
[10:20] | The woman’s a conversational black hole. | 那女的就是个冷场帝 |
[10:22] | Hi, Jack Briggs. | 你好 我是杰克·布里格斯 |
[10:24] | Jack, hi. | 杰克 你好 |
[10:24] | This must be so awkward for you. | 你肯定觉得很尴尬 |
[10:26] | I would rather talk to a paper bag. | 换做是我 我情愿跟纸袋聊天 |
[10:28] | He just wants to sleep with her. | 他只是想跟她上床 |
[10:29] | There’s no way that that shower drip is on my team. | 我们队绝不要说话像挤牙膏一样的人 |
[10:32] | What did you say your name was again? | 你刚刚说你叫什么来着 |
[10:34] | Uh, you didn’t ask. | 你没问过 |
[10:36] | I’m Valerie. | 我叫薇拉莉 |
[10:37] | Ah, yeah. | 好的 |
[10:38] | You speak in complete sentences. Fantastic. | 你会说完整的句子 真棒 |
[10:44] | Alex, you remember Mary. | 艾利克斯 记得玛丽吗 |
[10:45] | I do. Champagne. Thank you, Mary. | 记得 香槟 谢谢你 玛丽 |
[10:48] | It’s prosecco. | 这是普洛塞克葡萄酒 |
[10:51] | Look at that. It is. | 瞧瞧 还真是 |
[10:59] | How do you like the group? | 你觉得那些人怎么样 |
[11:01] | I expected more freaks. | 奇葩比我想象中少 |
[11:04] | – It’s a weak crop. – Yeah. | -他们都很弱 -是啊 |
[11:07] | I actually kind of miss that about my old school. | 这方面其实我有点想念我以前的学校了 |
[11:09] | There’s something weirdly comforting | 一堆陌生人共处一室 |
[11:11] | about a bunch of strangers all in one place, | 假装自己都过得很好 |
[11:14] | pretending to be okay. | 会有种奇怪的慰藉感 |
[11:16] | You should meet my parents. | 你应该见见我的父母 |
[11:17] | Yours too? | 你父母也这样 |
[11:19] | They should just cheat and blow it up. | 他们就该出轨然后离婚 |
[11:20] | That’s what mine did. | 我父母就是这么干的 |
[11:22] | Worked like a charm. | 十分奏效 |
[11:23] | Bring it up at dinner. | 晚餐时候提出来 |
[11:24] | Oh, don’t forget your trigger warning. | 别忘了你的预警 |
[11:27] | When will that trend die? | 这种风潮什么时候才会减弱啊 |
[11:29] | Political correctness is here to stay. | 政治正确性会长盛不衰的 |
[11:32] | I mean, how else are we supposed to know | 不然我们要怎么知道 |
[11:34] | who’s the most progressive? | 谁是最激进的人 |
[11:37] | Soon we’ll have the perfect vocabulary | 不久我们就会有最合适的词汇 |
[11:38] | for denying our racism and sexism. | 来否认我们的种族歧视和性别歧视了 |
[11:42] | Excuse me, ladies. | 打扰一下 女士们 |
[11:44] | I, uh, saw you two working over here, I thought to myself, | 我看见你们在这里写作业 心里想着 |
[11:47] | you could use some cookies. | 你们可以吃点饼干 |
[11:48] | So… | 所以… |
[11:50] | voilà. | 给你们端来了 |
[11:55] | Come on. | 搞错没有 |
[11:57] | Oh, damn. | 糟糕 |
[11:59] | The secret to a kamado style grill is, | 使用灶式烧烤炉的秘诀就是 |
[12:00] | you got to burp it. | 你得让它通气 |
[12:01] | Yeah? Like that. Feed the fire. | 像这样 让火更猛 |
[12:05] | Let the air in. | 让空气进去 |
[12:06] | Oh, my God. They’re fantastic. | 我的天 太美妙了 |
[12:08] | It smells good. | 闻着很香 |
[12:09] | Solid flame. | 火苗很旺 |
[12:10] | Can’t beat a charcoal fire. | 炭火最棒了 |
[12:12] | Gas is more sustainable. | 煤气更经用 |
[12:14] | That’s true, Mary, | 没错 玛丽 |
[12:16] | but I don’t care about sustainability. | 不过我不在乎它经不经用 |
[12:18] | I care about ribs. | 我在乎的是肋排 |
[12:21] | All right, excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[12:22] | Don’t touch it. | 别碰它 |
[12:26] | – J-Man. – Alex. | -乔兄 -艾利克斯 |
[12:28] | I want you to meet my fiancée, Sarah. | 我想你认识下我的未婚妻 莎拉 |
[12:30] | Sarah, Alex. | 莎拉 这是艾利克斯 |
[12:31] | Alex, Sarah. | 艾利克斯 这是莎拉 |
[12:33] | Alex Cole. | 艾利克斯·科尔 |
[12:35] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[12:36] | You two know each other? | 你们认识吗 |
[12:39] | We met in college. | 大学就认识了 |
[12:45] | How long has it been? | 有多久没见了 |
[12:50] | – The parents of this– – Yeah. | -他父母… -是啊 |
[12:51] | They were just completely– | 他们完全… |
[12:54] | I’ve seen a lot of abusive parents, but these two, | 我见过很多虐待孩子的父母 但这两位… |
[12:57] | they took it to another level, which um… | 他们再次刷新了我的认知 |
[13:03] | So, um… | 所以… |
[13:06] | what sort of work do you do? | 你做什么工作 |
[13:08] | Botany. | 植物学 |
[13:09] | That’s so interesting. | 听起来很有趣 |
[13:12] | Do you work outdoors all the time? | 你一直在野外工作吗 |
[13:14] | Sometimes. | 有时候是 |
[13:17] | It’s such an unorthodox job, botany. | 好另类的工作 植物学 |
[13:22] | What attracted you to it? | 它有什么吸引你的地方 |
[13:25] | I-I just like plants. | 我就是喜欢植物而已 |
[13:30] | Sorry. Excuse me. | 不好意思 失陪了 |
[13:33] | Alex, thank God. | 艾利克斯 谢天谢地 |
[13:35] | Sarah Finn. Sarah fucking Finn. | 莎拉·芬 该死的莎拉·芬 |
[13:38] | – What? – She’s here, Val. | -什么 -她来了 小薇 |
[13:39] | The goddamn Queen of Hearts and she’s painting the roses red. | 那个该死的红心皇后 她在把玫瑰染成红色 |
[13:42] | She’s painting the roses red and– | 她在把玫瑰染成红色 |
[13:44] | Wait, wait, wait. Calm–calm down. | 等等 等等 等等 冷静 |
[13:45] | And there’s an open flame | 外面还有明火 |
[13:47] | and all that’s gonna be left is a pile of ashes | 最后只会剩下我的尸灰 |
[13:48] | and my fucking teeth. | 和我的牙齿 |
[13:49] | Wait, I’m sorry. This is so weird. | 等等 这才太奇怪了 |
[13:51] | – Why is your ex-girlfriend at the house? – I don’t know, Val. | -为什么你前女友来了 -我不知道 小薇 |
[13:54] | Because–because she’s stalking me? | 因为…因为她在跟踪我吗 |
[13:56] | Because she’s deranged? | 还是因为她疯了 |
[13:57] | What has she done so far? | 目前为止她做了什么 |
[13:58] | Nothing. She’s just toying with me, like a cat with a mouse. | 没有 她就是在玩我 就像猫玩老鼠那样 |
[14:04] | Is there any chance | 有没有可能 |
[14:06] | that you are overreacting a little bit? | 是你反应过度了 |
[14:08] | No, Val. | 不是 小薇 |
[14:09] | The last time I saw her, she broke into my apartment | 上一次见她的时候 她闯进我家 |
[14:10] | and stole all my lightbulbs. | 偷走了所有的电灯泡 |
[14:13] | Even the one in the fridge. | 就连冰箱里的都不放过 |
[14:14] | -Hey, Val! We’re starting. -That kind of attention to detail, | -小薇 我们要开始了 -她能做到那种程度 |
[14:16] | I’d be impressed if I wasn’t afraid for my life. | 要不是我担惊受怕我也会佩服得五体投地的 |
[14:18] | Yeah, right. Okay, well, | 嗯 好吧 |
[14:20] | maybe she’s grown up a little bit. | 也许她变成熟了 |
[14:21] | I don’t know. I’m sor–Alex– | 我不知道 我很抱…艾利克斯… |
[14:23] | No, Val, no, come home! | 不 小薇 不要 快回来 |
[14:23] | I’m sorry, Alex. I have to go. I just do. | 我很抱歉 艾利克斯 我得挂了 真的 |
[14:26] | Bye. | 拜 |
[14:27] | I need my Tonto. | 我需要我的唐托 |
[14:28] | I need my Robin– What? What? | 我需要罗宾…什么 什么 |
[14:31] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[14:34] | You have a fantastic house. | 你家真漂亮 |
[14:38] | All this wood. | 所有这些木材 |
[14:42] | I love the windows. | 我喜欢你的窗户 |
[14:43] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢 |
[14:44] | It’s all about natural… light. | 都是为了采光而设计 |
[14:53] | So dead celebrities are fair game? | 那去世的名人也可以吗 |
[14:55] | Oh, yeah. Dead, alive, fictional… | 当然了 去世的 活着的 虚构的… |
[14:57] | They just have to be famous. | 只要有名就行了 |
[15:01] | All right. Everyone in. | 好了 大家都放进去 |
[15:02] | Are there any other house rules? | 有什么其他规则吗 |
[15:04] | Just one–if you end up with the lowest score, | 就一条…如果最后你得分最低 |
[15:07] | you will wear the hat of shame for the rest of the night. | 你就要戴整晚的耻辱帽 |
[15:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:11] | Um, all right, are we ready? | 好了 大家准备好了吗 |
[15:12] | Even or odd? Harry, call it. | 偶数还是奇数 哈利 你说 |
[15:16] | – Even or odd? – Odd. | -偶数还是奇数 -奇数 |
[15:17] | I’m sorry. | 真不好意思 |
[15:20] | All right, so we defer. | 我们队选择后上场 |
[15:23] | All right, so it’s over to you, | 所以你们队先来 |
[15:25] | meaning the player on the far left. | 也就是从最左边的玩家开始 |
[15:28] | Allie, take the floor. | 艾丽 上场吧 |
[15:31] | Allie, Allie, Allie. | 艾丽 艾丽 艾丽 |
[15:33] | Come on, girl. You got this. | 加油 妹子 你能行 |
[15:35] | All right, Allie, are you ready? | 艾丽 你准备好了吗 |
[15:37] | – Yeah. – Set. Go. | -好了 -预备 开始 |
[15:41] | – Actor. – You can say more words. | -演员 -你可以再多说些 |
[15:42] | Name some of the films he’s been in. | 说几部他出演过的电影 |
[15:45] | – TV. – Okay, what TV show? | -电视剧演员 -好 什么电视剧 |
[15:47] | Showtime. | 娱乐时间 |
[15:48] | Nope. Showtime’s not a show. | 不 那是电视网不是电视剧 |
[15:50] | – Uh, William H. Macy. – Don Cheadle. | -威廉姆·H·梅西 -唐·钱德尔 |
[15:52] | – White guy. – Okay, good. Narrowing it down. | -白人 -很好 范围缩小了 |
[15:55] | – Pick another name! – Yeah, you can pass. | -换一个名字 -不知道可以过 |
[15:57] | – Pass. – Pick another name! | -过 -换一个名字 |
[15:58] | – The Olympics. – Michael Phelps. | -奥运会 -迈克尔·菲尔普斯 |
[16:00] | Uh, blade runner. | “刀锋战士”奥斯卡·皮斯托瑞斯 |
[16:00] | I mean, the guy that shot his girlfriend. | 枪杀他女友的那家伙 |
[16:04] | – Can you give us a sport? – Ice. | -你能告诉我们是什么项目吗 -冰 |
[16:06] | Just ice — my favorite sport. Ice. | “冰” 我最爱的体育项目 冰 |
[16:08] | – Uh, Nancy Kerrigan. – Michelle Kwon. | -南茜·克里根 -关颖珊 |
[16:10] | I don’t know — | 我不知道 |
[16:13] | Book person. | 与书有关的人 |
[16:14] | You mean like an author? | 你是指作家吗 |
[16:15] | No, no, no, character. A girl. | 不 是书里的角色 女孩 |
[16:17] | Oh, what book? | 什么书 |
[16:19] | Uh, children’s book. | 儿童读物 |
[16:20] | Pippi Longstocking. | 长袜子皮皮 |
[16:23] | Time. | 时间到 |
[16:24] | – Oh, my God. – Sorry. | -我的天 -抱歉 |
[16:30] | That was great. | 你很棒了 |
[16:31] | Sheri, you’re next. | 雪莉 轮到你了 |
[16:33] | Wait, wait, can we — can we talk about a handicap first? | 等等 能不能先谈一下我们队的不利条件 |
[16:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:38] | – This was fun. – For sure. | -这样挺有趣的 -是的 |
[16:39] | Next time, come to my place. You can watch the fireworks. | 下次到我家来 你可以看烟花 |
[16:44] | I noticed you didn’t touch the cookies. | 我注意到你们没有吃饼干 |
[16:46] | But I totally get it. | 但我完全明白 |
[16:47] | That’s totally cool, you know. | 没关系的 |
[16:49] | You’ve got high cookie standards. | 你们对饼干很挑剔 |
[16:50] | I respect that. | 我尊重这一点 |
[16:51] | So I went out and got you these… | 所以我去给你们买了这些 |
[16:55] | cookies. | 饼干 |
[16:58] | So… | 所以 |
[17:01] | How do you see this playing out? | 你觉得接下来会怎样发展 |
[17:03] | What? | 什么 |
[17:04] | What’s your plan here? | 你是怎么打算的 |
[17:08] | Uh, maybe get an email or a phone — | 也许你会告诉我你的邮箱或者电话 |
[17:11] | a phone number, if I’m lucky. | 电话号码 如果我走运的话 |
[17:14] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[17:16] | I would, you know, send you a message, | 我会给你发短信 |
[17:20] | ask you to… dinner. | 约你出来吃晚饭 |
[17:23] | If he wanted that, he would just ask now, right? | 如果他想约会 他现在就会约我不是吗 |
[17:25] | Right. | 是的 |
[17:28] | Would you like to go to dinner? | 你想一起吃晚饭吗 |
[17:30] | What — oh, no. Not really. | 什么 不 并不想 |
[17:32] | So, like, another time then, maybe? | 那也许改天吧 |
[17:33] | See, the problem is, if I give you my number, | 问题是 如果我告诉你电话号码 |
[17:36] | you’re not gonna ask me out. | 你不会约我出去 |
[17:37] | You’re just gonna send me, like, a bunch of weird messages, | 你只会给我发一堆奇怪的短信 |
[17:40] | uh, you’re gonna try to get me to come over to your apartment. | 你会试图叫我到你公寓去 |
[17:42] | – Probably for sex. – Oh, definitely. | -多半是为了约炮 -绝对的 |
[17:44] | No! No. | 不 不会的 |
[17:45] | Yeah, and then I’m gonna stop responding. | 会的 然后我就不理你了 |
[17:47] | And then you’re gonna go all aggro | 然后你就会恼羞成怒 |
[17:48] | and you’re gonna say that it was me that led you on | 你会说是我勾引了你 |
[17:50] | and that you were just being a gentleman. | 而你只是在做绅士 |
[17:52] | Language of denial. | 不肯承认 |
[17:53] | An actually unsafe space. | 一个真正的不安全空间 |
[17:55] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[18:05] | Come on, I’ll drive you home. | 来吧 我送你回家 |
[18:07] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:09] | Oh, oh, okay. He, uh– he fucked a prostitute. | 他 他嫖妓 |
[18:11] | Eddie Murphy. | 艾迪·墨菲 |
[18:12] | No, no, no, the British guy that fucked the prostitute. | 不不不 英国的那个 |
[18:14] | – Hugh Grant. Hugh Grant. – Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! | -休·格兰特 休·格兰特 -对对 对对 |
[18:17] | Time! | 时间到 |
[18:19] | Oh, God. Okay. | 晕 好吧 |
[18:21] | That was great, you guys. | 你们真棒 |
[18:23] | Uh, five-minute wine break. | 休息五分钟 红酒时间 |
[18:24] | Refill your glasses, meet back here. | 大家去倒酒 回来见 |
[18:25] | Eight! | 八个 |
[18:27] | Harry, eight. | 哈利 八个 |
[18:28] | – Um, bathroom. – Bathroom, yes. | -洗手间在哪 -洗手间啊 |
[18:30] | Uh, right through there. Are you having fun? | 在那边 你玩得开心吗 |
[18:31] | Yeah, you’re– it’s a tough room, | 嗯 你 虽不太如人意 |
[18:33] | – but yeah, you’re great. – Yeah, this is so fun. | -不过 你很棒了 -对啊 好有意思 |
[18:36] | – Oh, I’m so sorry. – No, it’s fine. | -对不起 -没什么 |
[18:38] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:40] | It’s just hard, you know? | 真的很难 你知道吗 |
[18:43] | I never know what to say. | 我从不知道该说什么 |
[18:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:46] | I’ve, uh, I’ve been there. | 我能体会 |
[18:49] | And Harry’s a great guy. I like him, | 哈利是个好人 我喜欢他 |
[18:51] | but it’s like, these people… | 但是 这些人 |
[18:53] | the more I feel them judging, the more I clamp up. | 我越觉得他们在评判我 我就越紧张 |
[18:55] | I don’t want to wear a hat of shame. | 我不想戴耻辱帽 |
[18:58] | I… totally know how you feel. | 我…完全理解你 |
[19:01] | – Yeah? – Yeah. Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 真的 |
[19:05] | I mean, it’s really intimidating. | 气氛真的很咄咄逼人 |
[19:07] | They’re very close. | 他们关系很好 |
[19:09] | How can you not feel like an outsider? | 你怎么会不觉得自己像个外人呢 |
[19:10] | – Right? – Here’s the thing, I mean, | -是吧 -可问题是 |
[19:13] | who really cares what they think? | 谁会在乎他们怎么想啊 |
[19:15] | It’s a stupid game. | 就是个傻乎乎的游戏而已 |
[19:16] | You don’t need their approval. | 你不需要他们的认可 |
[19:20] | I know. You’re right. | 我知道 你说得对 |
[19:25] | Everything okay? | 一切可好 |
[19:28] | – Thank you. – Sure. | -谢谢 -客气 |
[19:52] | So… | 那么 |
[19:54] | How are things? | 你过得怎么样 |
[19:58] | Can’t complain. | 挺好的 |
[20:00] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[20:01] | Good. Yeah. I’m good. | 挺好的 对 我挺好 |
[20:04] | Been a while, huh? | 有一段时间了吧 |
[20:05] | Yeah, it has. | 嗯 是啊 |
[20:11] | Hey, and whatever it is you’re doing, | 不管你打算做什么 |
[20:13] | it’s not gonna work, okay? | 没用的 好吗 |
[20:15] | I like my marginally satisfying life | 我喜欢我现在还算令人满意的生活 |
[20:17] | and I’m not gonna let you ruin it. | 我不会让你毁了它 |
[20:22] | So, Alex, | 所以 艾利克斯 |
[20:23] | you knew Sarah in college? | 你在大学就认识了莎拉 |
[20:26] | Yeah, we met in college. | 是啊 我们大学认识的 |
[20:28] | Didn’t start hanging out till after. | 毕业后我们才开始约会 |
[20:30] | Yeah, hanging out. We did that. | 没错 约会 我们约会过 |
[20:34] | Same friends. Bunch of maniacs. | 一样的朋友圈 全是疯子 |
[20:39] | – Been there. – What do you mean? | -经历过 -你什么意思 |
[20:42] | What do you mean, what do I mean? It’s a figure of speech. | 什么我什么意思 随便说说而已 |
[20:44] | – No, it isn’t. – Mary. | -才不是 -玛丽 |
[20:45] | So what was she like? | 她大学时什么样 |
[20:47] | Oh, no. Stop. | 别问了 |
[20:49] | You don’t want to– you don’t want to hear this. | 你不会 你不会想知道的 |
[20:51] | I’m curious. Come on. | 我好奇啊 说吧 |
[20:52] | You must have some good stories. | 你一定有很多好料 |
[20:54] | Um, I don’t know. She, um… | 我不知道 她… |
[20:57] | she was fun. | 她很风趣 |
[20:59] | We were, um, all a little crazy then. | 那时 我们都有些疯狂 |
[21:03] | Some more than others. | 相比其他人而言 |
[21:05] | And how far we’ve come. | 真是年少轻狂啊 |
[21:07] | Yeah, how far, indeed. | 是啊 年少轻狂 |
[21:12] | Is this a dry rub? | 这是香料腌过的吗 |
[21:17] | It is, Paul. | 是的 保罗 |
[21:19] | All right, are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[21:20] | – I think so. – Are you set? | -好了 -预备 |
[21:22] | – Go. – Okay, um, street artist, political. | -开始 -街头艺术家 政客 |
[21:26] | – Banksy. – Yes. | -班克西 -答对了 |
[21:27] | Oh, uh, “Are You There, God? It’s Me” | “上帝啊 你在吗 是我” |
[21:29] | – “Superfudge.” – Judy Blume. | -《超级软糖》 – 朱迪·布鲁姆 |
[21:31] | Yes. | 答对了 |
[21:31] | She’s a snarky “New York Times” columnist. | 她是个刻薄的《纽约时报》专栏作家 |
[21:34] | Uh, she hates the Clintons. | 她讨厌克林顿夫妇 |
[21:35] | – Maureen Dowd. – Yes! | -陶曼玲 -答对了 |
[21:37] | Comedian, everybody loves him, | 喜剧演员 人人都爱他 |
[21:39] | he sounds like Kermit the Frog. | 说话像布偶青蛙卡米特 |
[21:40] | – Ray Romano? – Yes. | -雷·罗马诺 -是的 |
[21:41] | Oh, he’s got a top hat, monocle, and a little cane. | 他戴着顶高帽 单片眼镜 拄着小拐杖 |
[21:43] | – Winston Churchill. – Fred Astaire. | -温斯顿·丘吉尔 -弗雷德·阿斯泰尔 |
[21:45] | – Salty and delicious. – Mr. Peanut! | -咸鲜爽口 -花生先生 |
[21:46] | – Yes! – Nice. | -答对了 – 好棒 |
[21:48] | – Baba booey, babba booey– – Stern. Howard Stern. | -巴巴布伊 巴巴布伊 -霍华德·斯特恩 |
[21:50] | – Come on. – Cocaine. | -还有没有天理了 -可卡因 |
[21:51] | Fleetwood Mac, not a witch– | 佛利伍麦克合唱团 不是女巫 |
[21:52] | Stevie Nicks. | 史蒂薇·妮克丝 |
[21:53] | – Yes. – Nice. | -是的 -耶 |
[21:55] | Former congresswoman with devil eyes. | 拥有恶魔之眼的前国会议员 |
[21:57] | Palin. Or not Palin. Michelle Bachman. | 佩林 不对 米歇尔·贝克曼 |
[21:59] | Yes! The lesbian in Charlie Brown. | 没错 《查理布朗》里的女同 |
[22:01] | – Peppermint Patty. – The other one. | -派伯敏特·佩蒂 -另一个 |
[22:02] | – Marcy. – Yes. Little tramp. | -玛西 -没错 小流浪汉 |
[22:04] | Hitler mustache, just– | 希特勒式胡子 |
[22:05] | – Charlie Chaplin. – Yes! | -查理·卓别林 -答对了 |
[22:06] | Straight outta Compton, crazy mothafucka– | 《冲出康普顿》 疯子王八蛋 |
[22:09] | Ice Cube! | 艾斯·库珀 |
[22:10] | – Time! Time! – Oh! Motherfucker! | -时间到 时间到 -我操 |
[22:13] | That is how you do it. | 你太棒了 |
[22:14] | Jordan, Pippen, Rodman… | 乔丹 皮蓬 罗德曼 |
[22:18] | Wennington. | 温宁顿 |
[22:21] | So wait, how many was that? | 等等 答对了几个 |
[22:23] | When do you have to be home? | 你必须几点到家 |
[22:26] | Whenever. | 什么时候都行 |
[22:28] | Grab my bag? | 把我包拿过来 |
[22:34] | Front pocket. | 前面的袋子 |
[22:42] | I can’t smoke at my house. | 我不能在我家抽 |
[23:05] | – See you soon. – Thanks, Alex. | -再见 -谢了 艾利克斯 |
[23:06] | – Good night. – See you. Hey, pleasure. | -晚安 -再见 很荣幸 |
[23:08] | Uh, tremendous, buddy. | 非常棒 兄弟 |
[23:09] | – All right. See you. – Tremendous. | -好了 再见 -非常棒 |
[23:11] | Yeah, be good. | 嗯 保重 |
[23:14] | Charming. | 像往常一样 |
[23:16] | As always. | 魅力十足 |
[23:18] | Anything to make an old friend comfortable. | 尽可能让老朋友玩得开心 |
[23:19] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[23:20] | Old friends. | 老朋友 |
[23:22] | Did you unscrew the lightbulb in my chandelier? | 你把我吊灯里的灯泡给取了吗 |
[23:25] | That was ten fucking years ago. | 那都是十年前的事了 |
[23:29] | And you were an asshole. | 而且你当时很混蛋 |
[23:31] | Whatever helps you sleep at night. | 你爱怎么想就怎么想吧 |
[23:32] | I don’t need help. | 我不需要帮助 |
[23:33] | I sleep like a baby. | 我睡得很香 |
[23:35] | I guess that’s what happens | 当你找到一个 |
[23:35] | when you find someone who really loves you. | 真正爱你的人时大概就会这样吧 |
[23:40] | – This was fun. Thanks for hosting. – Yeah, any time. | -今晚很好玩 谢谢主办 -哪里哪里 |
[23:44] | I’ll see you on Monday. | 周一见 |
[23:45] | Ooh, new marketing guys. | 新来的营销人员 |
[23:46] | – You’ll dig ’em. – Great. | -你会喜欢他们的 -很好 |
[23:50] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[23:52] | – I’ll tell you in the car. – Okay. | -车上跟你说 -好吧 |
[23:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:55] | Good night, Alex. | 晚安 艾利克斯 |
[23:58] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[24:00] | I mean, Valerie, you were on fire tonight. | 薇拉莉 今晚你太强了 |
[24:04] | – You’re big-league. – Nah. | -你实力超群 -没有 |
[24:06] | I know nothing about sports, | 我对体育一无所知 |
[24:08] | but you are every sports metaphor there is. | 但所有跟体育相关的比喻都可以用在你身上 |
[24:11] | I think I just got lucky, you know. | 我只是运气比较好而已 |
[24:13] | I think anyone really could have– | 任何人都可能 |
[24:14] | Not One Word Allie. | 单蹦词的艾丽肯定不行 |
[24:16] | Yeah, but she’s- | 嗯 不过她 |
[24:17] | she’s very not at all good at this game. | 她完全不擅长这游戏 |
[24:21] | She was terrible. | 她太烂了 |
[24:24] | Uh, do you want to stay and finish this? | 你想留下把这喝完吗 |
[24:26] | – Yeah. – Great. | -行啊 -棒 |
[24:27] | Hey, I’m sorry again about Harry. | 哈利的事我再次抱歉 |
[24:30] | – It’s all right. – Yeah? | -没什么 -是吗 |
[24:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:32] | I mean, look, you didn’t have to wear the hat of shame, right? | 至少你不用戴羞耻帽 |
[24:34] | This guy? That’s too bad, | 这个吗 真是遗憾 |
[24:37] | ’cause it’s kind of calling to me all night. | 感觉今晚它一直都在召唤我 |
[24:39] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[24:40] | – Oh, yeah. – Right? | -好看 -是吧 |
[24:42] | Oh, yeah, that really suits you. | 是的 非常适合你 |