时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Alex started exercizing. | 艾利克斯开始锻炼身体了 |
[00:05] | That’s good. | 真好 |
[00:06] | No, it’s a cry for help. | 不 那是绝望 |
[00:07] | Like, I just wish we could bring him back to how he was. | 我只是希望我们能让他变回以前的样子 |
[00:09] | I mean, he’s on the path to spiritual enlightenment. | 他在通往精神开悟的路上 |
[00:11] | But can’t you get him laid or something? | 你就不能让他浪一点吗 |
[00:13] | – Where’s the bathroom key? – Jennifer borrowed it. | -厕所钥匙在哪儿 -珍妮弗借走了 |
[00:14] | Who’s Jennifer? | 珍妮弗在哪儿 |
[00:15] | She’s the new woman next door. She’s remodeling. | 隔壁新来的女人 她在改建 |
[00:18] | How long is this supposed to last? | 这得持续多久 |
[00:19] | Your mom tells me you’re not going back to school. | 你妈跟我说你不打算回学校了 |
[00:21] | We’re touring East Alvarado tomorrow. | 我们明天要去参观东奥瓦拉多中学 |
[00:23] | Public school? I didn’t know it was that bad. | 公立学校 没想到情况这么严重 |
[00:25] | What’s it like here? | 这里怎么样 |
[00:26] | It’s all the same. | 都是一样的 |
[00:26] | I guess the worst part here is | 我想这所学校最糟糕之处就在于 |
[00:29] | watching the teachers wonder how their lives went so wrong. | 目睹教师们每天思忖自己的人生怎么落到了这般田地 |
[00:32] | Alex, what are you talking about? | 艾利克斯 你在说什么 |
[00:33] | Before you get upset, John Adams was homeschooled, | 你先别生气 约翰·亚当斯 詹姆斯·加菲尔德 |
[00:35] | James Garfield. | 都是在家学习的 |
[00:36] | What makes you think you’re even qualified to teach? | 是什么让你觉得你有资格教书 |
[00:38] | I can teach. | 我可以的 |
[00:39] | It’s great, right? | 很棒 是不是 |
[00:40] | I can’t believe we didn’t think of it before. | 我们之前竟然没想到 |
[02:09] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[02:10] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[02:13] | Is this a joke? | 这是在开玩笑吗 |
[02:15] | The basic homeschool curriculum | 基础家庭教育课程 |
[02:16] | can be completed in two days a week, | 每周上两天课就能完成 |
[02:18] | but I’ve extended our course schedule | 但我扩充了我们的课程计划 |
[02:21] | with a few electives. | 加了几门选修课 |
[02:22] | Java, Banned Books, Subversives and Revolutionaries, | 编程语言 禁书 破坏分子和革命 |
[02:27] | Bow Hunting? | 弓箭打猎 |
[02:28] | You can take that one pass/fail. | 这门课你可以选择使用及格/不及格规则 |
[02:28] | 指该门课成绩不会以ABC打分 也不会计入GPA的计算 及格显示P 不及格则为F | |
[02:30] | Seems like a lot. | 貌似很多啊 |
[02:31] | Well, are you interested | 你对多样性 |
[02:32] | in a life of variety and excitement? | 和刺激的生活感兴趣吗 |
[02:34] | I’m interested in going to school two days a week | 我对每周只用上两天课 |
[02:36] | and having the rest of the week to fuck off. | 其余时间闲混感兴趣 |
[02:37] | Come on, you’re straight, white, and rich. | 拜托 你是直女 白人还有钱 |
[02:39] | The world has lavished you with undeserved favor. | 世界赋予了你不应得的特权 |
[02:43] | It would be thankless to rest on your laurels. | 吃老本就太暴殄天物了 |
[02:54] | Breakfast ended at 8:00. | 早餐时间8点结束 |
[03:23] | Okay, so, a Sex Pistols show leads to the formation of? | 性手枪的演出促使了哪个乐队的形成 |
[03:31] | Joy Division, who then became New Order with the death of– | 快乐分裂 在谁死后组成了新秩序乐团 |
[03:35] | Come on. | 加把劲啊 |
[03:37] | Ian Curtis, and then it just | 伊恩·柯蒂斯 然后这股风潮 |
[03:39] | totally explodes from there, right? | 就彻底爆发了 对吗 |
[03:40] | Talking Heads to U2 to Radiohead to Kanye. | 从传声头像到U2到电台司令到坎耶 |
[03:44] | – Morning, Val. – Morning. | -早上好 小薇 -早上好 |
[03:47] | Sit down. We’re about to start with New York in the ’80s. | 坐吧 我们要开始讲八十年代的纽约了 |
[03:49] | What class is this? | 这是什么课 |
[03:49] | Mid-American post-punk. | 美国中部的后朋克 |
[03:51] | Oh. I don’t recall seeing that on the lesson plan. | 我不记得在教学计划里有看到这门课 |
[03:54] | – It’s an elective. – That I did not elect. | -这是选修课 -不是我选的 |
[03:56] | I think it’s a pretty comprehensive schedule. | 我觉得这是个综合性的教学安排 |
[03:58] | And I think it’s a convenient way for you to not work. | 我还觉得这是你逃避工作的好方式呢 |
[04:00] | I am an educator. | 我是个教育工作者 |
[04:02] | I am happy that you’ve taken an interest, Alex, | 我很高兴你对这事投入的热情 艾利克斯 |
[04:04] | but stick to the lesson plan. Administer the test. | 但请照着教学计划走 监管测验 |
[04:07] | What about thumb screws? Should I administer those too? | 拇指螺丝呢 它们也需要我监管吗 |
[04:09] | Core classes first, then you can do the electives. | 先上核心课程 然后你可以上选修课 |
[04:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:13] | Okay? Okay? | 好吗 好吗 |
[04:15] | Yeah, fine, whatever. | 行 随你了 |
[04:17] | And also, you know, spend some time | 对了 你也要花时间 |
[04:19] | with people your own age, right, | 和同龄人相处 |
[04:20] | ’cause this is the time in your life | 因为这阶段 |
[04:21] | where you make those lifelong friendships. | 是你结交一生挚友的时候 |
[04:25] | That’s kind of hypocritical, don’t you think? | 这有点虚伪 你不觉得吗 |
[04:28] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么 |
[04:30] | You don’t have any friends from high school. | 你没有任何朋友是你的高中同学 |
[04:34] | Who’s your longest friend? | 和你关系最久的朋友是谁 |
[04:38] | Karen Dennis. | 凯伦·丹尼斯 |
[04:40] | Never heard of her. | 没听过 |
[04:41] | Kar–Karen Dennis. | 凯 凯伦·丹尼斯 |
[04:44] | Yeah, I heard you. I don’t know her. | 听到了 我不认识她 |
[04:45] | Just get to work. | 好好上课吧 |
[04:50] | Maybe she was a camp friend. | 可能是在夏令营认识的朋友 |
[04:51] | It’s Karen fucking Dennis! | 是该死的凯伦·丹尼斯 |
[04:52] | I heard you. | 知道了 |
[05:11] | Jesus, come on. | 老天 搞错没有 |
[05:28] | The couch in the hallway. | 走廊里放沙发 |
[05:31] | So ugly, right? | 丑爆了 对吧 |
[05:33] | No, why is it there? | 我是说 为什么它在那里 |
[05:35] | Jennifer I think. She’s still remodeling. | 应该是珍妮弗 她还在改建 |
[05:36] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[05:47] | How many– how many friends do you have? | 你有 你有多少朋友 |
[05:50] | I’m not on Facebook anymore. Instagram, 13,000. | 我不上脸书了 Instagram上有13000个 |
[05:55] | No. | 不可能吧 |
[05:55] | Zendaya reposted one of my videos, so that helped. | 赞达亚转发了我的视频 涨了很多粉 |
[05:59] | Okay, never mind. | 好吧 当我没说 |
[06:00] | Well, what’s your handle? I’ll add you. | 你的账号是什么 我加你 |
[06:02] | No, I’m not on Instagram. | 不 我不用Instagram |
[06:05] | What? | 什么 |
[06:06] | Give me your phone. | 把你手机给我 |
[06:09] | Yes, your phone. This is so crazy. | 对 你的手机 这太不可思议了 |
[06:12] | You’re like one of those Australian bush people | 你就像那些从没见过飞机的 |
[06:14] | who’s never seen an airplane before. | 澳大利亚丛林土著一样 |
[06:16] | Why would I even need Instagram? | 我为什么要用Instagram |
[06:18] | So you can follow models and actors | 你就可以关注模特和演员 |
[06:21] | and see everything that they do. | 看看他们每天都做些什么 |
[06:22] | Why would I care about that? | 我为什么要关注这些 |
[06:25] | You’re hilarious. | 你真是傻得可爱 |
[06:27] | Oh. Okay, so you’re all set up. | 好了 帮你弄好了 |
[06:29] | Who do you want to follow? | 你想关注谁 |
[06:31] | Laura, Alex. | 劳拉 艾利克斯 |
[06:33] | Already added. Who else? | 已关注 还有谁 |
[06:37] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[06:38] | This is so much more fun if you follow people. | 你关注别人才会好玩得多 |
[06:42] | Karen Dennis. | 凯伦·丹尼斯 |
[06:46] | Is she in your contacts? | 她在你的通讯录里吗 |
[06:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:50] | Now you follow her too. | 现在你也在关注她了 |
[06:52] | She’s a good friend of mine. | 她是我的好朋友 |
[07:05] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[07:06] | No phones during the test. | 考试期间请勿使用手机 |
[07:07] | It’s an essay. | 这是篇论文 |
[07:09] | It’s cheating. | 这是作弊 |
[07:09] | Cheating implies an unfair advantage, | 作弊暗指不公平的优势 |
[07:11] | which this isn’t. Everyone has a phone. | 而这不是 每个人都有手机 |
[07:14] | They’ve practically gained limb status. | 它们基本上已经和身躯融为一体了 |
[07:15] | What if you’re somewhere | 如果你在一个不能使用手机 |
[07:17] | where you can’t use your phone or the Internet? | 或者网络的地方怎么办 |
[07:18] | What, like China? | 比如中国吗 |
[07:19] | I’m starting to question your enthusiasm. | 我开始怀疑你的热情了 |
[07:21] | I was more enthusiastic when I thought | 我以为每周只用 |
[07:22] | this was gonna take two days a week. | 学两天的时候我热情很高的 |
[07:24] | You know, these classes are important. | 这些课很重要 |
[07:25] | Are they? We’ll have an automated work force | 是吗 等我30或是35岁的时候 |
[07:27] | by the time I’m what, 30? 35? | 人类就会发明出自动化劳动力 |
[07:30] | You think these classes are gonna help me land a job | 你觉得这些课能帮我在性爱机器人工厂 |
[07:31] | in quality control at the sex robot factory? | 找到一份质量控制的工作吗 |
[07:36] | You have an awfully specific view of the future. | 你对未来的展望很具体 |
[07:41] | – Alex Cole? – Yup. | -艾利克斯·科尔吗 -是我 |
[07:43] | – Sign here. – Who’s it from? | -在这签字 -谁寄来的 |
[07:45] | Uh, Paul Schmidt at “Snooker.” | “斯诺克”的保罗·施密特 |
[07:48] | What if I paid you $20 to throw it out? | 我给你20块你把它扔了怎么样 |
[07:51] | That would be mail fraud. | 那会是信件欺诈 |
[07:53] | It’s five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. | 要蹲五年监狱并处25万元罚款 |
[07:59] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:05] | Okay. | 好了 |
[08:10] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[08:11] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[08:13] | I know one way you could find out. | 我有个办法可以知道 |
[08:18] | It’s strange. Like, in the past few weeks | 很奇怪 最近几周 |
[08:20] | we’ve gotten so much closer. | 我们越来越亲密 |
[08:25] | Last we spoke, you were thinking about leaving. | 我们上次谈话的时候 你在考虑分开 |
[08:28] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是的 没错 |
[08:32] | Did something change? | 有什么变了吗 |
[08:33] | Well, she’s been a lot more tender. | 她现在温柔多了 |
[08:36] | Maybe she feels guilty. | 也许她很愧疚 |
[08:38] | Why would she feel guilty? | 她为什么会愧疚 |
[08:40] | You know, ’cause– ’cause of my arm. | 你知道 因为…因为我的胳膊 |
[08:45] | Yeah, I don’t think you ever told me how that happened. | 说起来 你还没告诉我它的前因后果 |
[08:48] | – Oh, no? – Mm-hmm. | -没有吗 -没有 |
[08:49] | So, she tripped on a stairwell, | 她在楼梯间里绊了一跤 |
[08:51] | and I tried to grab her, | 我想扶住她 |
[08:53] | and then I was the one who ended up falling. | 结果摔倒的人是我 |
[08:55] | It was just this crazy, freak accident. | 就是个疯狂的意外 |
[08:58] | You fell down the stairs? | 你从楼梯上摔了下去 |
[09:00] | Yeah. The doctor said I’m lucky it wasn’t worse. | 是的 医生说只摔断了一只胳膊算我走运 |
[09:04] | Anyway, Lauren has been so… attentive. | 总之 劳伦最近对我无微不至 |
[09:08] | I can’t imagine doing this without her. | 我无法想象没她的日子 |
[09:10] | Anthony, I hesitate to even ask this. | 安东尼 我不确定这个问题是否合适 |
[09:14] | Do you think she meant for you to fall? | 你觉得她是故意让你摔下去的吗 |
[09:17] | What? | 什么 |
[09:20] | No. | 不 |
[09:22] | ‘Cause that would be crazy, | 那样就太疯狂了 |
[09:24] | and she’s not crazy. | 可她并不疯 |
[09:26] | She’s intense, yeah, and a little overbearing, | 她很强硬 还有点专横 |
[09:29] | but she–she’s not– crazy. | 可她并不疯 |
[09:37] | 新粉丝 凯伦·丹尼斯关注了你 | |
[09:52] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[09:56] | This is Karen. | 我是凯伦 |
[09:57] | Karen, hi. It’s Valerie. | 凯伦 你好 我是薇拉莉 |
[10:00] | Am I not in your phone? | 我不在你的通讯录里吗 |
[10:02] | Oh, yeah, no. Yeah, you are. | 不在 不对 你在的 |
[10:05] | Hi, Valerie. | 你好 薇拉莉 |
[10:07] | Hi. Um, you followed me on Instagram. | 你好 你在Instagram上关注了我 |
[10:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:14] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[10:16] | Um, I’m good. I’m good. | 我很好 挺好的 |
[10:18] | I was actually just thinking about you. | 我刚才正想到你呢 |
[10:21] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[10:22] | Yeah, it was at The Grove, | 是的 在果园餐厅 |
[10:23] | and there was this couple there | 有对情侣在那里 |
[10:25] | just, like, screaming at each other. | 朝着对方大喊大叫 |
[10:28] | Anyway, how are you? | 总之 你怎么样 |
[10:29] | I’m great. | 好极了 |
[10:30] | Great, well, it’s good to hear your voice, | 很好 很高兴你来电 |
[10:32] | but I should probably get going. | 不过我得挂了 |
[10:34] | I was actually gonna say, I– | 其实我是想说 我… |
[10:36] | you know, I think we should get the group together | 我们应该把老朋友聚起来 |
[10:38] | for dinner or something, you know. | 一起吃个晚饭之类的 |
[10:42] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[10:43] | I mean, wouldn’t that be fun? | 那肯定会很有趣 |
[10:44] | So fun. | 太有趣了 |
[10:45] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:50] | Are you free tonight? | 今晚有空吗 |
[10:53] | You know–you know Theresa and Nikki are | 你知道的…特蕾莎和尼基 |
[10:56] | throwing that party for Diane. | 要给戴安开派对 |
[10:58] | Who’s Diane? | 谁是戴安 |
[10:59] | You know Diane. | 你认识戴安啊 |
[11:00] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我不认识 |
[11:03] | Oh, well, you’d love her. | 你会喜欢她的 |
[11:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:08] | You could– | 你可以 |
[11:10] | you could come by, you know, if you wanted. | 你要是愿意的话 可以过来 |
[11:12] | No, no, no, I don’t want to impose. | 不 不用了 我不想强插一脚 |
[11:14] | Oh, yeah, yeah, no pressure. | 嗯 嗯 不要有压力 |
[11:16] | We’re just gonna be having drinks after 10:00 at Maderas. | 我们十点后会在马德拉斯喝酒 |
[11:20] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[11:21] | Anyway, I should really get going. | 总之 我真的要挂了 |
[11:23] | It’s so great talking to you. | 很高兴跟你聊天 |
[11:25] | Yeah, it’s great– it’s–you too. | 是的 我也是 |
[11:27] | – Okay. – Okay, bye. | -好的 -那好 再见 |
[11:33] | Well, I haven’t opened it, so technically I don’t have it. | 我还没打开 所以严格来说这不是我的 |
[11:37] | You signed for it. | 可是你签字了 |
[11:40] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[11:53] | you should give this to a proper contracts lawyer. | 你应该把它交给专业的合同律师 |
[11:56] | Thought you went to law school. | 你不是法学院毕业的吗 |
[11:58] | Ten years ago, and I never practiced. | 那是十年前了 而且我从没真的做过律师 |
[12:01] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[12:03] | My father was a lawyer, so was his father. | 我爸是律师 他的爸爸也是律师 |
[12:05] | It was something that I should have loved but didn’t. | 我本该喜欢这份工作 可我并不 |
[12:09] | Was he upset? Your dad? | 你爸爸失望吗 |
[12:11] | I think he was envious. | 我觉得他羡慕我 |
[12:15] | But mostly drunk. | 但更多时候是醉醺醺的 |
[12:19] | Well, it looks like you’re being asked | 似乎对方在要你 |
[12:21] | to sell a stake in Snooger to JME Capital. | 将Snooger的股份卖给JME基金 |
[12:25] | They’ll take over operations and budgeting and income flow, | 他们将接管运营 预算编制和收益流转 |
[12:30] | that sort of thing. | 那一类事情 |
[12:31] | I don’t know what any of that means. | 我完全不懂你在说什么 |
[12:32] | Oh, how do I put this in your terms? | 我该怎么用你的话来解释呢 |
[12:36] | They’re breaking up with you. | 他们要跟你分手 |
[12:37] | They’re dumping me? | 他们要抛弃我 |
[12:39] | Who invented seed drill? | 播种机是谁发明的 |
[12:40] | – Jethro Tull. – Don’t help her. | -杰思洛·图尔 -别帮她 |
[12:42] | What’s she doing? | 她在干什么 |
[12:43] | The “New York Times” Crossword, | 《纽约时报》的填字游戏 |
[12:44] | it’s part of her curriculum. | 这是她课程的一部分 |
[12:46] | How much are they paying me? | 他们打算给我多少钱 |
[12:50] | Not much. | 不多 |
[12:51] | Can I buy a boat? | 够我买条船吗 |
[12:52] | No. | 不够 |
[12:55] | A small boat? | 小船呢 |
[12:56] | A Verdi play based on a Dumas novel? | 威尔第哪部戏剧是根据大仲马的小说改编的 |
[12:59] | “La Traviata.” | 《茶花女》 |
[13:00] | Leon, don’t. | 里昂 别这样 |
[13:03] | Ah, finished. | 搞定 |
[13:06] | Well, that was pointless. | 真是毫无意义 |
[13:08] | I’m preparing you for the real word. | 我是在帮你踏入现实世界做准备 |
[13:09] | Knowledge is power. | 知识就是力量 |
[13:10] | See? Listen to the words of Albert Einstein. | 你看 乖乖听阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦的话 |
[13:13] | I thought that was Thomas Jefferson. | 我还以为是托马斯·杰斐逊说的 |
[13:14] | Francis Bacon. | 弗朗西斯·培根 |
[13:16] | It’s commonly misattributed. | 很多人都弄错了 |
[13:19] | Leon, you know everything. | 里昂 你真是无所不晓 |
[14:52] | You realize I’m not 21, right? | 你知道我还没满21岁 对吧 |
[14:54] | But you have a fake ID. | 但你肯定有假身份证 |
[14:55] | No. | 没有 |
[14:56] | Seriously? You’re 16. | 不是吧 你都16了 |
[14:57] | I don’t even have a driver’s license. | 我连驾照都没呢 |
[14:59] | Shit. | 该死 |
[15:00] | I mean, that’s crazy, but okay, be cool. | 不可思议 不过没事 淡定 |
[15:05] | Jacko, how’s it looking? | 小杰 今天怎么样 |
[15:06] | UCLA girls are back. | 洛杉矶加州大学的女生都回来了 |
[15:08] | – Good. – They with you? | -不错 -他们和你一起的吗 |
[15:09] | Murderer’s row, baby. | 一伙的 哥们儿 |
[15:16] | Oh, my God. Valerie. | 天呐 薇拉莉 |
[15:20] | – Sorry, hi. – Hi! | -抱歉 嗨 -嗨 |
[15:22] | Oh, my gosh, you’re here. | 天呐 你来了 |
[15:23] | I-I saw your Instagram, so. | 我看了你的Instagram 所以 |
[15:27] | Um, yeah, the– | 是的 那个… |
[15:30] | – Diane. – Hi. | -这是戴安 -你好 |
[15:32] | – Oh, hey. Yeah. – I’ll get you– | -嘿 你好 -我给你… |
[15:34] | – I’ll get you a chair. – Hi. | -我给你端把椅子 -你好 |
[15:37] | Yeah, thanks. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[15:39] | I–sorry, hi. | 抱歉 嗨 |
[15:40] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[15:41] | – Hi, I’m Diane. – Nice to meet you. | -你好 我是戴安 -很高兴认识你 |
[15:44] | Sorry, I didn’t realize it was a dinner party– | 抱歉 我不知道这是晚宴… |
[15:47] | a birthday dinner party. Thanks. | 生日晚宴 谢谢 |
[15:49] | That’s okay. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 没事 我听说过很多你的事 |
[15:51] | It’s good to put a face to a name. | 终于能一睹真容了 |
[15:56] | Val, you look great. | 小薇 你气色不错 |
[15:59] | Thank–you too. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[16:01] | Yeah, your hair looks– did you–did you cut it? | 你头发看起来…你剪了吗 |
[16:04] | No, it’s the same old. | 没有 一直都这样 |
[16:06] | Huh. Well, it looks new. | 看起来像刚剪过 |
[16:08] | No, it’s full. | 没有 挺浓密的 |
[16:13] | So, uh… ev–everyone’s here, huh? | 所以 大家都在 是吧 |
[16:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:19] | Diane always draws a crowd. | 戴安总是能聚起一大群人 |
[16:30] | Oh, hey, Drew. | 嘿 德鲁 |
[16:32] | Val. | 小薇 |
[16:36] | Drew. | 德鲁 |
[16:38] | – This is a surprise. – Yeah, sure is. | -真是个意外 -确实 |
[16:41] | – I’m-I’m gonna go sit down. – Okay. | -我去坐下了 -好的 |
[17:02] | All right, welcome, welcome. | 好了 欢迎 欢迎 |
[17:04] | I’m Big Dean, I’m your resident emcee here for the evening. | 我是大迪恩 我是你们今晚的司仪 |
[17:07] | We got ten questions per category, | 每一个门类有十道题 |
[17:08] | ten categories in all. | 总共十个门类 |
[17:10] | And make sure to write your team name | 确保在答题卷顶部 |
[17:11] | at the top of the answer sheet. | 写上团队名称 |
[17:12] | You guys know what you’re doing, right? | 你们知道该怎么做吧 |
[17:14] | Right. | 知道 |
[17:19] | Quite the field trip. | 还真是不错的”郊外旅行” |
[17:20] | This place used to be great. | 这地方以前很赞 |
[17:22] | There were all these old weirdos with beards and stories, | 到处都是留着胡子 充满故事的奇葩 |
[17:25] | and shuffleboard. Then these guys showed up. | 还有推圆盘游戏 然后这些人出现了 |
[17:28] | Well, I’m sorry their irony is ruining your irony. | 很遗憾这些潮人赶走了之前的嬉皮士 |
[17:31] | Just wait, you’ll see. | 等着吧 你会明白的 |
[17:33] | Y’all hear me all right? | 都能听清我说话吧 |
[17:34] | All right, first category is Popular Music. | 好了 第一类是”流行音乐” |
[17:37] | Question one– Tom Rowlands and Ed Simons | 第一题 汤姆·罗兰兹及艾德·西蒙斯 |
[17:40] | are better known by this stage name. | 更为人所知的艺名是什么 |
[17:44] | – You know it? – No. | -你知道吗 -不知道 |
[17:45] | Great, terrible start. Look at this shit. | 真棒 糟糕的开始 快看这人渣 |
[17:51] | They’re cheating. | 他们作弊 |
[17:52] | Okay, see, this is what we’re up against– | 看 这就是我们所面对的 |
[17:54] | the machine, the singularity. | 机器 技术奇点 |
[17:57] | But we are gonna prove that the human mind cannot be beat, | 但我们将证明人类思维不可战胜 |
[18:01] | that the human spirit reigns supreme. | 人类精神主宰一切 |
[18:05] | Question two– | 第二题 |
[18:09] | Anything? | 有头绪吗 |
[18:11] | – I was three. – Aw, fuck! | -我那时才3岁 -操 |
[18:14] | Chemical Brothers for number one, | 第一题答案为化学兄弟 |
[18:15] | and Ruben Studdard for number two. | 第二题答案为鲁本·斯塔达 |
[18:20] | Leon! | 里昂 |
[18:24] | This. | 这真是 |
[18:26] | God! “Sommersby.” | 老天 《似是故人来》 |
[18:28] | You–where did you even get this? | 你从哪里搞来的 |
[18:29] | You don’t want to know. | 你不会想知道 |
[18:30] | Oh, no, I don’t. | 我的确不想知道 |
[18:33] | Thank you. I love it. | 谢谢你 我很喜欢 |
[18:37] | Uh, okay. | 会是什么呢 |
[18:49] | I try to be. Yeah. | 这是我的目标 |
[18:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:53] | Uh… how many kids do you have? | 你有几个孩子 |
[18:56] | Just one, she’s seven. Or eight, we’re not sure. | 只有一个 7岁还是8岁 我们也不知道 |
[19:01] | Diane sponsors an orphan in Cambodia. | 戴安资助了一名柬埔寨孤儿 |
[19:06] | That’s–that’s so interesting. | 真 真有意思 |
[19:09] | That’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[19:10] | Yeah, with overpopulation, | 是啊 世界人口过多 |
[19:12] | it just felt like the responsible choice. | 我觉得自己有义务做点什么 |
[19:15] | Not that I have any problem with people having their own children, | 并不是我对那些自己生孩子的人有意见 |
[19:18] | it’s just– you know. | 只是…你懂的 |
[19:20] | Right. How about adoption? | 是啊 那领养呢 |
[19:22] | The right people never really get approved. | 该领养的人从来没被批准过 |
[19:24] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[19:25] | Never heard that before. | 从没听说过 |
[19:27] | Well, it’s overly political. | 领养过度政治化 |
[19:28] | I just feel like the fate of a child shouldn’t be | 我只是觉得 孩子的命运不该由 |
[19:31] | in the hands of a bureaucrat. That’s insane. | 官僚者所决定 那样太荒谬 |
[19:35] | – Is it? – Mm-hmm, it’s inhuman. | -是吗 -是的 不人性化 |
[19:37] | Um…okay. | 好吧 |
[19:42] | Not everybody’s fit to be a parent. | 并不是所有人都适合为人父母 |
[19:44] | No, I think we agree there. | 确实 在这点上我们看法一致 |
[19:46] | So you have a daughter? | 你有个女儿是吧 |
[19:49] | Me? Yeah. | 我吗 对 |
[19:50] | I heard she ran into a little trouble at school. | 听说她在学校里遇到了麻烦 |
[19:56] | – She’s fine. – Okay. I’m so glad. | -她没事了 -好的 我很高兴 |
[20:07] | And then you realize you’ve been working | 然后你意识到你在某件事上 |
[20:08] | for six years on something | 花了六年时间 |
[20:09] | and you are nowhere near where you thought you’d be. | 而你离你的目标还相距甚远 |
[20:13] | Wait, what do you do, Leon? | 慢着 你是做什么的 里昂 |
[20:15] | Capitol of New Guinea? | 巴布亚新几内亚国会大厦 |
[20:17] | Port Moresby. | 莫尔兹比港[巴布亚新几内亚首都] |
[20:19] | I compose music. | 我是写歌的 |
[20:22] | And I love it, but… | 我很喜欢 不过 |
[20:24] | sometimes I think I should’ve done something else entirely. | 有时我觉得我该从事个完全不同的工作 |
[20:27] | “Ka-tar”? Qatar? | 卡塔尔还是卡特 |
[20:30] | Doha. | 多哈 |
[20:31] | Okay, if you could go back and be 16 again, | 如果你能回到16岁 |
[20:35] | what would you do differently? | 你会做出什么不同 |
[20:38] | I would’ve seen Oasis at Hyde Park, | 我会去海德公园看绿洲乐队 |
[20:41] | and I would’ve told Samantha Cunningham | 我会跟萨曼莎·康宁根说 |
[20:44] | I liked her crooked teeth. | 我喜欢她的破牙 |
[20:47] | Done. Yes! Ten out of ten. | 搞定 太棒了 10题全对 |
[20:50] | We are in this, people. | 我们有机会获胜 各位 |
[20:52] | Fill that up, please, Leon. | 请去盛满酒 里昂 |
[21:07] | Hey. You ever seen “Terminator”? | 你有看过《终结者》吗 |
[21:10] | – What? – “Terminator,” Have you seen it? | -什么 -《终结者》 你有看过吗 |
[21:13] | Yeah, why? | 看过 怎么了 |
[21:15] | The machines lose. | 机器人输了 |
[21:24] | – Right. – Where is that? | -对 -在哪儿 |
[21:25] | Well, it’s a little place– | 是个很小的地方 |
[21:27] | Hey, what are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[21:29] | I think I’m going to see the inside of a dorm room. | 我想我要去见识宿舍的样子了 |
[21:32] | No, Leon, she’s only trying to distract you. | 不 里昂 她只是想分散你注意力 |
[21:34] | It’s working quite well. | 进展很顺利 |
[21:36] | She’s not gonna take you home. | 她不会带你回家 |
[21:37] | She’ll get you outside long enough for her friends to win Trivia, | 她会让你在外面待足够久好让她朋友赢得问答比赛 |
[21:40] | and then she’ll leave on her boyfriend’s motorcycle. | 然后她会坐着她男友的摩托车离开 |
[21:44] | That’s not the vibe I’m getting. | 我的感觉不是这样的 |
[21:46] | Okay, where’s Laura? | 好吧 劳拉去哪儿了 |
[21:48] | I think she’s playing darts. | 应该在玩飞镖吧 |
[21:51] | Oh, come on! | 搞错没有 |
[21:55] | How about a summer program? | 暑期课程怎么样 |
[21:56] | Totally. Cheap credits and full of athletes. | 非常好 学分便宜 特别多运动员 |
[21:59] | You should try it. | 你应该去试试 |
[22:02] | Let’s go. It’s the last round. | 我们走 最后一轮了 |
[22:04] | Um, I was actually thinking I would just hang here. | 我想我就在这边玩好了 |
[22:07] | Doing what? | 玩什么 |
[22:09] | Darts. | 飞镖 |
[22:10] | You really want to let Leon down? | 你真想让里昂失望吗 |
[22:15] | I’m unconcerned. | 我表示无所谓 |
[22:17] | Oh, man. | 该死 |
[22:22] | Just come on. | 来吧 |
[22:26] | Come on! | 快 |
[22:43] | Could’ve told me you commandeered all our friends. | 你该跟我说你霸占了我们所有的朋友 |
[22:45] | There was no commandeering here. | 我没有霸占 |
[22:47] | Oh, really? ‘Cause we split everything else in half. | 是吗 其他东西我们都是对半分的 |
[22:49] | They reached out to me. | 他们主动来找的我 |
[22:52] | I bet you loved that. | 你肯定乐坏了吧 |
[22:58] | Am I not likeable? | 我不讨人喜欢吗 |
[23:00] | They like you. | 他们喜欢你 |
[23:03] | You can be a little blunt sometimes | 有时你有点鲁莽 |
[23:05] | and sometimes you won’t let things go. | 在一些事上斤斤计较 |
[23:08] | Sponsoring a child is not parenting. | 资助孩子不算是抚养孩子 |
[23:10] | No, but you don’t have to be the one to tell her that. | 是不算 但你没必要告诉她啊 |
[23:20] | Why “Sommersby”? | 为什么送《似是故人来》 |
[23:23] | Eh, we had this competition to see who could do | 我们进行了一个比赛 |
[23:26] | the best Jodie Foster in her worst movie, | 看谁模仿朱迪·福斯特的烂片最像 |
[23:28] | and mine was “Sommersby.” | 我模仿的是《似是故人来》 |
[23:33] | Do it. | 演给我看 |
[23:40] | You are not my husband. | 你不是我丈夫 |
[23:43] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[23:44] | Because I never loved him the way that I love you. | 因为我从未像爱你那样爱他 |
[23:54] | Number eight, Seth Green, Michelle Trachtenberg, | 第八题 赛斯·格林 米歇尔·崔切伯格 |
[23:57] | and Charisma Carpenter. | 和查瑞丝玛·卡朋特 |
[23:59] | – “Party of Five.” – Nice. | -《五口之家》 -漂亮 |
[24:01] | Number nine, Laura Prepon, Jason Biggs, | 第九题 劳拉·普莱潘 贾森·比格斯 |
[24:04] | Uzo Aduba. | 乌佐·阿杜巴 |
[24:05] | “That ’70s Show.” | 《70年代秀》 |
[24:06] | The last one, number ten. | 最后一个 第十题 |
[24:08] | Elizabeth Hurley, Billy Baldwin, Chace Crawford. | 伊丽莎白·赫莉 比利·鲍德温 切斯·克劳福 |
[24:12] | “Treme.” | 《劫后余生》 |
[24:13] | “Treme.” | 《劫后余生》 |
[24:15] | No, I watched “Treme.” | 不对 我看过《劫后余生》 |
[24:17] | I don’t remember Elizabeth Hurley. | 我不记得里面有伊丽莎白·赫莉 |
[24:19] | Are you thinking perhaps of Steve Zahn? | 你是想成史蒂夫·茨恩了吗 |
[24:22] | Oh, yeah, that must have been it. | 对 肯定是因为这个 |
[24:26] | What the fuck, Laura? | 搞毛啊 劳拉 |
[24:27] | It’s trivia, by definition trivial. | 琐事 意思就是不值一提 |
[24:30] | No, this is part of your lesson plan. | 不 这是你教学计划的一部分 |
[24:31] | Well, let’s just call it what it is. | 咱们说实话吧 |
[24:33] | You’re co-opting my education as a procrastination tool. | 你在把给我上课当成拖延时间的工具 |
[24:36] | I-I thought we were in this together. | 我以为我们都同意这么干呢 |
[24:39] | I’m gonna go play darts. | 我去玩飞镖了 |
[24:41] | You gotta be fucking kidding me. | 你他妈在逗我吧 |
[24:55] | “Gossip Girl.” | 那部是《绯闻女孩》 |
[24:58] | Elizabeth Hurley, Billy Baldwin, and Chace Crawford. | 伊丽莎白·赫莉 比利·鲍德温 切斯·克劳福 |
[25:46] | How was the– the first day of school? | 第一天上学感觉怎么样 |
[25:49] | Uh, illuminating. | 醍醐灌顶 |
[25:53] | – That’s weird. Was it fun? – It was okay. | -奇怪 好玩吗 -还不错 |
[25:59] | I just–you know, I want you to just have friends and… | 我只是想让你交些朋友 |
[26:04] | do all the stupid things you’re supposed to do in high school. | 做高中生该做的蠢事 |
[26:10] | How was your party? | 聚会怎么样 |
[26:11] | Oh, it was– it was horrible. | 糟透了 |
[26:14] | Your dad says hi. | 你爸向你问好 |
[26:16] | – Dad? – Yeah. | -我爸 -对 |
[26:18] | He kept all our friends and they replaced me | 他和我们以前的朋友还在联系 他们 |
[26:21] | with this awful woman and her fake child, | 用一个讨厌的女人和她不存在的孩子取代了我 |
[26:23] | but he seems good. | 但他看起来挺好的 |
[26:24] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:26] | Nah, that’s me, replaceable. | 不 我就这样 一个可以被取代的人 |
[26:31] | Alex hasn’t replaced you. | 艾利克斯没有找人取代你 |
[26:35] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[26:40] | Good night, Mom. | 晚安 妈妈 |
[26:42] | Good night, Laura. | 晚安 劳拉 |
[27:05] | Sorry about last night. | 昨晚的事我很抱歉 |
[27:07] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[27:09] | Let’s just maybe– | 或许我们可以 |
[27:11] | let’s maybe just stick to the core curriculum | 或许从现在起我们可以 |
[27:13] | from now on– math, science, English lit., | 只学核心课程 数学 科学 英语文学 |
[27:16] | and if you choose to take an elective, I can be there. | 如果你选择上选修课 我也没问题 |
[27:21] | I heard a lot of homeschool kids join co-ops. | 我听说很多在家学习的人都去了合作式学校 |
[27:24] | Like, group schools where they can be | 在那里他们可以 |
[27:25] | with other people their own age. | 和同龄人一起学习 |
[27:30] | Might be a good compromise. | 可能是个折衷的选择 |
[27:31] | Cool, so they’d, like, have me be one of the teachers there? | 不错 所以他们会请我去做老师吗 |
[27:34] | Well, no, they pool their money and hire professionals. | 不会 他们集资聘请专业教师 |
[27:41] | So like regular school. | 所以跟普通学校一样 |
[27:42] | Yeah, something like that. | 对 差不多 |
[27:46] | I could drop you off. | 我可以送你去上学 |
[27:52] | Hey, Val. | 嘿 小薇 |
[27:54] | Have a good day at work. | 工作愉快 |
[27:58] | You too, Alex. | 你也是 艾利克斯 |
[28:39] | Oh, it’s impossible. I tried. | 挪不动的 我试过了 |
[28:42] | I’m sorry about all of this. | 对此我很抱歉 |
[28:43] | I really made a hell of a first impression. | 我留了一个糟透了的第一印象 |
[28:45] | I hope it hasn’t been too awful. | 希望这没有太影响到你 |
[28:47] | No, it’s fine. | 没有 没什么 |
[28:49] | It’s just a couch. | 就是个沙发而已 |
[28:52] | – You can be honest. – Okay. | -你可以说实话的 -好吧 |
[28:56] | This is insane. | 这太荒谬了 |
[28:57] | I have to climb over this thing | 我每天上午都要 |
[28:59] | every fucking morning to go to the bathroom. | 翻过这东西才能去洗手间 |
[29:01] | – I’m sorry. – I have a client who’s got a broken arm. | -抱歉 -我有位客户摔折了胳膊 |
[29:04] | I have no idea how he does it. | 天知道他是怎么爬过去的 |
[29:08] | His girlfriend threw him down the stairs. | 是他女朋友把他扔下楼梯的 |
[29:09] | I mean, he doesn’t, for some reason, understand that, but– | 因为某些原因 他意识不到 但是 |
[29:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:17] | Okay. Um– | 好吧 |
[29:19] | – I’m-I’m really sorry. I’m Jennifer. – I’m Valerie. | -我真的很抱歉 我是珍妮弗 -薇拉莉 |
[29:23] | Can I take you to lunch to make up for this? | 能请你吃个午饭作为弥补吗 |
[29:25] | Um, yeah, sure. That’d be…nice. | 好啊 当然可以 很好 |
[29:30] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[29:31] | Great. | 好 |
[29:32] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[29:34] | – Here we go. – Okay. | -来过吧 -好 |
[29:35] | – Let’s do this. – All right, let’s go. | -开始爬 -好 开始吧 |
[29:36] | Nope, sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[29:38] | I’m not sorry, just after you. | 我并不觉得抱歉 只是你先来吧 |
[29:39] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[29:41] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. – Oh, okay. | -嗯 嗯 -好的 |
[29:48] | I got this. | 我没问题的 |
[29:50] | – It’s fine. – Felt hard to me. | -还算容易 -对我来说有难度 |
[29:51] | – Have a great day. – You too. | -祝你今天开心 -你也是 |