| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | My brother made breakfast for my one-night stand. | 我弟给我的一夜情对象做了早餐 | 
| [00:04] | Morning, Val. Just in time, get ’em while they’re hot. | 早上好 小薇 来得正好 趁热赶紧吃吧 | 
| [00:07] | What the fuck is wrong with you? | 你哪根筋没对啊 | 
| [00:09] | Um, lots of things. | 很多根 | 
| [00:11] | Mom’s gonna be so pissed. | 老妈会气死的 | 
| [00:13] | – You’re grounded. – What? | -你被禁足了 -什么 | 
| [00:15] | I think she was talking to me. | 她是在和我说 | 
| [00:16] | Oh. Still. | 还是有点吓人 | 
| [00:18] | I have a sister. We’re not honest about anything. | 我有个姐姐 我们之间从不坦诚相待 | 
| [00:21] | Who do you share the intimate details of your life with then? | 那你和谁分享隐私 | 
| [00:24] | Nobody. | 不分享 | 
| [00:25] | The thing with Val is she’s just now | 小薇的情况是 | 
| [00:26] | getting back into the dating scene. | 她现在刚开始重新约会 | 
| [00:28] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 | 
| [00:30] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 | 
| [00:31] | We lasted 16 years, raised a daughter together, | 我们的婚姻持续了16年 一起抚养一个女儿 | 
| [00:34] | and then a month ago he left me for a younger woman. | 一个月前 他为了一个年轻女人而抛弃了我 | 
| [00:38] | That sucks. | 真惨 | 
| [00:39] | I loved you, Val, | 我爱过你 小薇 | 
| [00:40] | and I loved our marriage, and I wish | 我爱过我们的婚姻 我希望 | 
| [00:43] | that we could have worked things out, but we didn’t. | 我们能解决问题 可是我们没有 | 
| [00:45] | Your mother told me about how your depression got the best of you. | 你妈跟我说了抑郁症是如何影响你的 | 
| [00:48] | Maybe I’m not supposed to be happy. | 也许我不值得幸福 | 
| [00:49] | I’m sorry I wasn’t here in your moment of need. | 抱歉没能在你需要的时候陪在你身边 | 
| [00:51] | You could’ve called, Dad. | 你可以打电话的 爸 | 
| [00:52] | Laura, dear, how are things at school? | 亲爱的劳拉 学业如何 | 
| [00:54] | It’s been a few weeks since I’ve gone. | 我已经有几周没去了 | 
| [00:56] | What was that? | 你说什么 | 
| [00:57] | Oh, just seems like such a poisonous environment. | 那里像是有毒环境 | 
| [00:59] | What do you do with your spare time? | 你业余时间都干些什么 | 
| [01:02] | I started a website that’s kind of taking off. | 我刚创立了一个网站 | 
| [01:04] | – What’s the site? – Snooger.Com. | -什么网站 -Snooger | 
| [01:06] | You use your own dating site? | 你使用自己的约会网站 | 
| [01:07] | I wrote the matching algorithm. | 配对运算法则就是我写的 | 
| [01:08] | And does that algorithm match you | 这个法则会把你 | 
| [01:10] | with any girl you find attractive? | 和你喜欢的女生配对吗 | 
| [01:12] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 | 
| [01:13] | Emmy. | 艾米 | 
| [01:14] | I had a really nice time tonight. | 今晚我真的过得很开心 | 
| [01:16] | I mean, it just felt right. | 感觉很合拍 | 
| [01:20] | I don’t want to be alone. | 我不想一个人 | 
| [01:26] | I slept with Emmy. | 我和艾米睡了 | 
| [01:28] | Wait! Wait, Alex! | 等等 等等 艾利克斯 | 
| [01:30] | Alex’s girlfriend Emmy. | 艾利克斯的女友艾米 | 
| [01:32] | That’s– that’s fucked up. | 这祸可闯大了 | 
| [01:35] | I mean, we were good together. | 我们之前在一起挺好的 | 
| [01:37] | We were good together. | 确实挺好的 | 
| [01:39] | But you should go. | 不过你该走了 | 
| [01:43] | God, you–okay. | 天 你 好吧 | 
| [01:45] | Yeah, you deserve each other. | 真是狗姐配狗弟 | 
| [02:24] | Come on. | 搞错没有 | 
| [03:12] | Hello. | 喂 | 
| [03:14] | Morning. | 早上好 | 
| [03:20] | Ugh, no. | 坏了 | 
| [03:22] | It’s, like, 95% of the ingredients are fine, | 就像95%的原料都是好的 | 
| [03:26] | and then you get one moldy peach or, like, a bad raspberry, | 然后其中有一个烂桃子或是坏的树莓 | 
| [03:29] | Suddenly the whole smoothie tastes rotten. | 突然整杯奶昔尝起来就像烂了一样 | 
| [03:31] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 | 
| [03:33] | I gotta get my run in by 7:00 if I’m gonna make yoga at 8:00. | 我要想赶上8点的瑜伽就得在7点前跑完 | 
| [03:35] | Oh, you have a yoga appointment? | 你还预约了瑜伽课 | 
| [03:37] | – Yeah, Kai is teaching. – Kai? | -是的 凯是老师 -凯 | 
| [03:39] | It’s a common name in the yoga community. | 瑜伽界的一个大众名 | 
| [03:42] | You hate exercise. | 你讨厌做运动 | 
| [03:43] | You know, I’m kind of trying to distance myself | 我尽量让自己 | 
| [03:45] | from that word, hate, | 远离讨厌这个词 | 
| [03:48] | verbally and emotionally. | 口头上和情感上 | 
| [03:50] | How’s that working for you? | 那效果如何 | 
| [03:51] | Eh, so far, happiness is kind of boring, | 至今为止 虽然幸福有点无聊 | 
| [03:53] | but I’m only on phase three. | 但毕竟我还只是在第三阶段 | 
| [03:55] | – There’s phases? – Of the breakup. | -还有各个阶段吗 -分手后的阶段 | 
| [03:57] | Phase one is drinking, drugs, and women. | 第一阶段是喝酒 吸毒 玩女人 | 
| [04:00] | That phase is my favorite. | 这是我最喜欢的阶段 | 
| [04:01] | That’s a shocker. Phase two? | 当然了 第二阶段呢 | 
| [04:04] | Wallowing in self pity. Sorry about that, by the way. | 沉溺于自怨自艾 顺便说下 我对此很抱歉 | 
| [04:06] | But now, phase three, self improvement. | 但现在到了第三阶段 自我提升 | 
| [04:12] | That sounds…great. | 这听起来 不错 | 
| [04:15] | It’s distracting, | 这可以分散注意力 | 
| [04:16] | and distraction is the universal human motivator. | 消遣娱乐是抖擞精神的通用方式 | 
| [04:19] | All right, I gotta go. | 好了 我该出发了 | 
| [04:23] | No, still bad. | 还是很难喝 | 
| [04:31] | Why is everyone up? | 你们怎么都起来了 | 
| [04:33] | Oh, sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [04:36] | Go back to bed. | 回去接着睡吧 | 
| [04:37] | Enjoy your last day before school. | 好好享受你开学前的最后一个假日 | 
| [04:39] | Yeah. I’m not going back to school. | 我不准备回学校了 | 
| [04:52] | Serena, I have to ask. | 塞蕾娜 我不得不问一句 | 
| [04:54] | What scares you so much about spirituality? | 你为何如此惧怕寻找神灵的活动 | 
| [04:57] | The whole thing is so crazy and inappropriate. | 整件事都很荒谬 不可理喻 | 
| [05:00] | Asking you to come to a seder? | 请你去参加逾越节 | 
| [05:01] | I don’t want to join her cult. | 我不想加入她的邪教 | 
| [05:04] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [05:05] | That’s what it is, a cult, | 是的 就是个邪教 | 
| [05:06] | and she wants me to drink the Kool-Aid. | 她还想给我洗脑 | 
| [05:09] | So her family is orthodox? | 所以她家人是东正教徒吗 | 
| [05:11] | No, they’re not that bad. | 不 他们还没那么糟糕 | 
| [05:13] | Serena, it feels like you have a pretty strong aversion | 塞蕾娜 感觉你极度反感 | 
| [05:16] | to all things God. | 一切与神有关的东西 | 
| [05:17] | No, I have an aversion to cults, | 不 我反感邪教 | 
| [05:19] | and I just don’t want her bringing it into our home, | 我只是不想她把邪教带到家里来 | 
| [05:21] | and I found a book of spells on the bookshelf. | 我在书架上发现了一本咒语书 | 
| [05:25] | A book of spells? | 咒语书 | 
| [05:27] | The Old Testament. | 《旧约全书》 | 
| [05:31] | You know, it sounds like it means something to her | 听起来那似乎对她很重要 | 
| [05:33] | and she’s trying to include you. | 她想你也加入其中 | 
| [05:48] | Talk to me. | 跟我聊聊 | 
| [05:50] | About what? | 聊什么 | 
| [05:51] | I don’t know, just say things to help me | 不知道 聊点能帮我 | 
| [05:53] | ignore the horrible thoughts inside my head. | 忽视我脑子里那些糟糕想法的东西 | 
| [05:55] | Okay, | 好的 | 
| [05:57] | what if global warming destroys our entire planet | 如果全球变暖毁灭了整个星球 | 
| [05:59] | and we’re all fighting with each other for clean water? | 我们为了净水互相争斗 | 
| [06:04] | Good God. | 老天 | 
| [06:06] | Uh…thanks. | 谢了 | 
| [06:09] | Laura’s not going back to school. | 劳拉不会回学校了 | 
| [06:12] | Alex started exercising. | 艾利克斯开始锻炼身体了 | 
| [06:15] | That’s good. | 真好 | 
| [06:16] | – No, it’s a cry for help. – Okay. | -不 那是绝望 -好吧 | 
| [06:18] | He’s looking for the root of his problems, | 他在寻找他问题的根源 | 
| [06:19] | and eventually, he’s gonna look to me. | 最终他会看向我 | 
| [06:21] | Because of Emmy. | 因为艾米 | 
| [06:22] | No, actually, strangely, we have moved on from that. | 不 奇怪的是我们已经从那事翻篇了 | 
| [06:25] | – Really? – Yeah, it’s just bottled down nice and deep | -真的吗 -嗯 深埋在他心里 | 
| [06:27] | where it will either be absorbed into his body | 要么会被他的身体吸收 | 
| [06:29] | or it will lead to septic shock. | 要么会引发败血性休克 | 
| [06:31] | I don’t know, I’m crazy. I’ve just been– | 我不知道 我疯了 我只是 | 
| [06:34] | I haven’t been sleeping | 我没怎么睡觉 | 
| [06:34] | because I got these birds outside my window and they’re going, | 因为窗外的鸟一直在 | 
| [06:37] | “Chirp, chirp, chirp,” constantly, and you know, | 叽叽喳喳地叫 | 
| [06:39] | is it wrong that I just want them to die? | 我希望它们都死掉这有错吗 | 
| [06:42] | Where’s the bathroom key? | 厕所钥匙在哪儿 | 
| [06:44] | Um, Jennifer borrowed it this morning. | 珍妮弗早上借走了 | 
| [06:47] | Who’s Jennifer? | 珍妮弗是谁 | 
| [06:48] | She’s the new woman next door. | 隔壁新来的女人 | 
| [06:49] | And she didn’t bring it back? | 她没还回来吗 | 
| [06:51] | That’s rude. | 真没素质 | 
| [06:53] | Do you want me to call her? | 你想让我给她打电话吗 | 
| [06:54] | No, I mean, I’m heading out. | 不 我要出门了 | 
| [06:55] | I’m just gonna go down at the coffee place. | 我要去楼下的咖啡店 | 
| [07:08] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 | 
| [07:13] | Experimental goat cheese. | 创新版羊奶酪 | 
| [07:15] | Every batch is different. You want some? | 每一盒都不一样 想来点吗 | 
| [07:17] | No, I’m good. | 不了 谢谢 | 
| [07:23] | You ever play? | 你有弹奏过吗 | 
| [07:25] | The piano? | 钢琴 | 
| [07:26] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯 | 
| [07:27] | It’s more for show really. | 摆摆样子罢了 | 
| [07:29] | That’s a shame. | 真可惜 | 
| [07:33] | 新信息 保罗 立刻回电 事关Snooger | |
| [07:35] | So, your mom tells me you’re not going back to school. | 你妈跟我说你不打算回学校了 | 
| [07:38] | It’s too traumatic. | 太痛苦了 | 
| [07:40] | I decided to take a hiatus, maybe go backpacking. | 我打算休一段学 也许做个背包客 | 
| [07:44] | – Really? – No. | -真假 -假的 | 
| [07:45] | We’re touring East Alvarado tomorrow. | 我们明天要去参观东奥瓦拉多中学 | 
| [07:48] | Public school. | 公立学校 | 
| [07:49] | I didn’t know it was that bad. | 没想到情况这么严重 | 
| [07:52] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 | 
| [07:53] | Have you ever been to public school? | 你去过公立学校吗 | 
| [07:55] | There’s metal detectors and drug dogs, | 里面有金属探测器 缉毒犬 | 
| [07:58] | shakedowns, raids. | 彻底搜查 突击 | 
| [08:00] | They don’t have enough chairs. | 没有足够的椅子 | 
| [08:01] | – Okay, Alex. – I’m serious. | -行了吧 艾利克斯 -我是认真的 | 
| [08:03] | The only advantage of going to public school | 去公立学校的唯一好处就是 | 
| [08:05] | is one day, if you survive, | 有天 如果你能毕业的话 | 
| [08:06] | you get to say, “And I went to public school.” | 你就有资格说 “我是公立学校的” | 
| [08:09] | Great, and then everyone will resent me. | 好极了 然后所有人就会讨厌我 | 
| [08:11] | Only privately. | 私底下而已 | 
| [08:13] | Why is this happening to me? | 为什么我会遇到这种事 | 
| [08:15] | Why is this happening for you? | 为什么它只为你发生呢 | 
| [08:19] | It’s positive thinking. It’s like, if– | 这叫正面思考 就像 如果… | 
| [08:21] | No, I know what it means. Why did you say it? | 不 我知道它的意思 为什么这么说 | 
| [08:23] | I find it’s a helpful way to examine your life. | 我觉得这是个检验生活的妙招 | 
| [08:26] | Oh. Says who? | 谁说的 | 
| [08:28] | Says Kai. | 凯说的 | 
| [08:40] | I think I can see inside of that person. | 我觉得我都能看透那个人了 | 
| [08:43] | She’s sweating out her insecurities. | 她正通过出汗来驱散自己的不安 | 
| [08:45] | – 3 pounds of water weight? – Mm-hmm. | -她的不安有三磅水那么沉吗 -嗯 | 
| [08:48] | And it’ll come right back. That’s the secret. | 之后它又卷土重来 奥秘就在此 | 
| [08:50] | It’s how people get addicted to hot yoga. | 这是人们对高温瑜伽上瘾的原因 | 
| [08:54] | Is it always so warm in here? | 这里面总是这么热吗 | 
| [08:56] | Yup. | 是的 | 
| [08:58] | Hey, what are your thoughts on a magnet school? | 你觉得磁石学校怎么样 | 
| [08:59] | I have no idea what that is. | 我不知道那是什么玩意 | 
| [09:01] | Boarding school? | 寄宿学校 | 
| [09:02] | Do you really want to be one of those equestrian girls | 你真的愿意成为那种 | 
| [09:04] | with a riding crop under her mattress? | 床垫下放着马鞭的马术女孩吗 | 
| [09:05] | I’m not even gonna try to unpack that. | 那画面太美我不敢想 | 
| [09:08] | Probably for the best. | 那样最好 | 
| [09:09] | Could just get my GED. | 我可以考个高中同等学力证 | 
| [09:10] | That’s for inmates and child actors. | 那是给囚犯和童星准备的 | 
| [09:14] | You’re worthless, you know that? | 你说的都是废话 你知道吗 | 
| [09:18] | We should do this more often, just the two of us. | 我们应该经常来这儿 就我俩 | 
| [09:21] | Please slow down. | 走慢点吧 | 
| [09:22] | – Hey, Alex. – Oh, hey, Beth. | -艾利克斯 -你好 贝丝 | 
| [09:24] | You weren’t in your usual spot. | 你今天没在你的老位置 | 
| [09:25] | I thought you were slacking. | 我还以为你逃课了 | 
| [09:26] | Yeah, I was hanging on the side with Laura here. | 我跟劳拉在边上练习 | 
| [09:28] | Oh, my God, is this your daughter? | 天啊 这是你女儿吗 | 
| [09:30] | Niece, but we’re actually the same person. | 侄女 但实际上我们是一路人 | 
| [09:33] | Uh, no, I’m better adjusted. | 不 我情况比他好多了 | 
| [09:35] | She is. | 的确 | 
| [09:37] | Well, I was gonna take a walk, | 我本来打算去散散步 | 
| [09:39] | maybe get a bite to eat, see a movie. | 或者吃点东西 看个电影 | 
| [09:42] | You want to meet me? | 你要不要一起 | 
| [09:45] | Oh, man. You know– | 天 你知道 | 
| [09:48] | What? | 什么 | 
| [09:49] | I would. I would, | 我想的 我想的 | 
| [09:52] | but you’re actually a real person, | 但你是一个真实的人 | 
| [09:54] | and the thought of intimacy or… | 一想到亲密接触或者 | 
| [09:58] | really anything beyond a night of meaningless sex is just– | 任何超出无意义一夜情的东西 | 
| [10:03] | it’s totally crushing on an existential level, so… | 我就会被随之而来的压力和焦虑所毁掉 所以 | 
| [10:08] | rain check? | 改天再约行吗 | 
| [10:13] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [10:20] | Fucking phase three! | 该死的第三阶段 | 
| [10:44] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 | 
| [10:45] | Yoga. | 瑜伽 | 
| [10:48] | Beauty cult. | 健美邪教 | 
| [10:53] | It’s not even self loathing, ’cause that would be too obvious. | 都不能算是自我厌恶 因为那会太过明显 | 
| [10:57] | It’s like this unspecified malaise | 而是一种像引力一样把你吸入 | 
| [11:00] | that just sucks you in like gravity. | 难以言状的不适感 | 
| [11:03] | It’s almost inescapable. Am I making any sense. | 几乎无法逃脱 你明白吗 | 
| [11:07] | He forced me to run with him. | 他逼我陪他跑步 | 
| [11:10] | And he…shamed me onto his diet. | 让我羞愧到不得不跟他一起节食 | 
| [11:14] | He threw away all my food. | 他把我的食物都扔了 | 
| [11:15] | You look skinnier. | 你看起来瘦了 | 
| [11:17] | Valerie, I’m hungry. | 薇拉莉 我饿死了 | 
| [11:26] | Look, I just wish we could bring him back to how he was. | 我只是希望我们能让他变回以前的样子 | 
| [11:28] | Really? | 真的吗 | 
| [11:30] | Well, I mean, he’s on the path to spiritual enlightenment. | 他在通往精神开悟的路上 | 
| [11:33] | But can’t you get him laid or something? | 你就不能让他浪一点吗 | 
| [11:35] | Already tried that, phase one. | 已经尝试过了 第一阶段 | 
| [11:36] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [11:37] | That is where Alex thrives, phase one. | 那就是艾利克斯状态最好的时候 第一阶段 | 
| [11:41] | You can bring him back. | 你可以让他回归状态 | 
| [11:42] | You want your mentally unstable, | 你想要你精神不稳定 | 
| [11:44] | possibly suicidal brother | 可能有自杀倾向的弟弟 | 
| [11:45] | to revel in his drinking and philandering? | 花天酒地吗 | 
| [11:53] | I suppose I could… talk to him. | 我想我可以…跟他谈谈 | 
| [11:55] | Thank you, Leon, thank you. That’s– | 谢谢你 里昂 谢谢 那真是… | 
| [12:01] | How are things with you? | 你怎么样 | 
| [12:02] | Oh, they’re not good. They’re not good at all. | 不好 一点也不好 | 
| [12:05] | Let me know how it goes. | 随时告诉我情况 | 
| [12:07] | And Leon, finish the croissant. | 还有里昂 把这个面包吃了吧 | 
| [12:28] | Leia. | 丽雅 | 
| [12:31] | Leia! | 丽雅 | 
| [12:32] | She’s remodeling. | 她在改建 | 
| [12:33] | Jennifer? | 珍妮弗吗 | 
| [12:34] | I tried going over there, | 我去找过她 | 
| [12:36] | but she hasn’t been in all morning. | 但她一上午都不在 | 
| [12:37] | We still don’t have a bathroom key. | 厕所钥匙也还在她手上 | 
| [12:38] | How long is this supposed to last? | 这得持续多久 | 
| [12:40] | It sounds serious. | 听上去像是要大肆改造一番 | 
| [12:41] | Yeah, ’cause you know what? She’s trying to drive me out. | 是啊 你知道吗 她就是想把我赶出去 | 
| [12:44] | She wants my office too. That’s what it is. | 她还想要我的办公室 就是这样 | 
| [12:46] | Yeah, that’s what it is. She wants–this is an invasion. | 对 就是这样 她想要…这简直就是入侵 | 
| [12:49] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [12:54] | They’re in the ceilings. | 他们进入天花板了 | 
| [12:57] | I can’t work like this. | 这样我没法工作 | 
| [13:14] | Where’s Laura? | 劳拉在哪儿 | 
| [13:15] | She’s getting ready. | 她马上就好 | 
| [13:17] | Mind if I tag along? | 介意我跟着去吗 | 
| [13:20] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [13:21] | Because I like doing things and this is a thing. | 因为我想做事情 而这是一件事 | 
| [13:36] | So do you offer electives? | 你们有选修课吗 | 
| [13:39] | Computer science, life skills, shop, it’s all in the packet. | 计算科学 生存技能 装修课 都有 | 
| [13:43] | What about the arts? | 那艺术呢 | 
| [13:44] | Painting, drawing, and drama. | 油画 素描 戏剧 | 
| [13:46] | But no photography? | 没有摄影吗 | 
| [13:48] | Students haven’t expressed an interest. | 学生们都没兴趣 | 
| [13:50] | Have you asked? | 你问过他们吗 | 
| [13:51] | Um, what is your average class size here? | 那一个班级通常有多少人 | 
| [13:54] | 39 for 11th graders. | 11年级是平均39人 | 
| [13:56] | Couldn’t get to 40, huh? | 就达不到40吗 | 
| [13:57] | Which child did they leave behind? | 他们抛弃的那人是谁 | 
| [13:58] | Laura, what do you think about the school? | 劳拉 你觉得这个学校怎么样 | 
| [14:03] | I think I’m gonna speak to one of the locals. | 我想我还是去找这里的人聊聊吧 | 
| [14:06] | Well, if you need anything else, I will be in my office. | 如果还有什么需要 可以随时来我的办公室 | 
| [14:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [14:09] | Still curious about your chair situation. | 还是很好奇你们这儿的椅子情况 | 
| [14:12] | – Val. – I know. | -小薇 -我知道 | 
| [14:13] | – Come on. – I know. | -拜托 -我知道 | 
| [14:14] | This is depressing, we can’t send her here. | 这里太破了 我们不能让她来这儿 | 
| [14:15] | Hell, I’d do a better job teaching her. | 真的 还不如让我来教她 | 
| [14:17] | I told Laura that I would support | 我跟劳拉说了无论她的决定是什么 | 
| [14:19] | whatever decision she made. | 我都会支持 | 
| [14:21] | Well, then don’t let her make this one. | 那就别让她做这个决定 | 
| [14:22] | Well, we don’t have a lot of options. | 我们选择不多 | 
| [14:24] | No private school’s gonna take her with such short notice. | 没有哪所私立学校会在这么短的时间内接收她 | 
| [14:28] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道了 | 
| [14:30] | Oh, shit! | 真是活见鬼 | 
| [14:32] | – What? – God! | -怎么了 -老天爷 | 
| [14:34] | Who does construction at 11:00 a.m. on a Wednesday? | 谁会在周三早上11点搞装修 | 
| [14:36] | Everyone. | 所有人 | 
| [14:37] | It’s a job, like any other. | 就是个工作 | 
| [14:40] | Thank you. | 真谢谢你 | 
| [14:42] | Hey. Do you go to school here? | 你在这儿上学吗 | 
| [14:44] | No, I just like to hang out in this hallway. | 不 我只是喜欢在这条走廊上晃荡 | 
| [14:47] | Right, sorry. | 这样啊 抱歉 | 
| [14:50] | Well, could you tell me what it’s like? | 那你能跟我说说这里怎么样吗 | 
| [14:51] | ‘Cause I’m thinking of transferring from Cedar Ridge. | 因为我考虑从雪松岭高中转过来 | 
| [14:54] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [14:55] | Sex scandal. | 性丑闻 | 
| [15:00] | So, what’s it like here? | 这里怎么样 | 
| [15:02] | It’s all the same. | 都是一样的 | 
| [15:04] | School’s a fucking drag everywhere. | 所有的学校都很讨厌 | 
| [15:07] | I guess the worst part here is watching the teachers | 我想这所学校最糟糕之处就在于目睹教师们 | 
| [15:10] | wonder every day how their lives went so wrong. | 每天思忖自己的人生怎么落到了这般田地 | 
| [15:19] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [15:26] | How’s it going? | 你还好吗 | 
| [15:28] | Fine, I guess. | 还行 | 
| [15:29] | You sure? | 你确定吗 | 
| [15:31] | I didn’t like that school. | 我不喜欢那所学校 | 
| [15:33] | Yeah. Neither did I. | 我也不喜欢 | 
| [15:37] | I’m starving. | 饿死我了 | 
| [15:38] | Me too. How ’bout we order in? | 我也是 要不要点外卖 | 
| [15:41] | – Only if it’s junk. – Done. | -只吃垃圾食品 -好 | 
| [15:43] | – Hello? – Alex? | -你好 -艾利克斯 | 
| [15:44] | Yeah, of course. I’ll be right there. | 没问题 我马上到 | 
| [15:47] | No, don’t worry about it. I’m on my way. | 别担心 我马上来 | 
| [15:49] | Leon needs me. | 里昂找我 | 
| [16:03] | Well, you scared me. I mean, an actual phone call? | 你吓到我了 还真给我打电话 | 
| [16:05] | There’s protocol to this stuff. | 这种事都有套路的 | 
| [16:06] | Unless you’re bleeding out on the sidewalk, just text. | 除非你在人行道上血流不止 不然就发短信 | 
| [16:09] | Sorry, I-I had a bit of a rough go of it today. | 抱歉 我今天过得很糟 | 
| [16:13] | Yeah? What’s up? | 怎么了 | 
| [16:15] | I-I saw a picture of Mara. | 我看到了一张玛拉的照片 | 
| [16:19] | Your ex-fiancée? | 你的前未婚妻 | 
| [16:20] | Yeah. | 是的 | 
| [16:21] | I follow her on Instagram, | 我在Instagram上关注了她 | 
| [16:23] | which is a bad idea, but her compositions are well conceived. | 不是个好主意 但她页面里的内容挺好的 | 
| [16:27] | That’s bullshit. | 胡扯 | 
| [16:28] | Anyway, there was a picture of her and another man, | 总之 有一张她和别的男人的照片 | 
| [16:33] | and they were holding hands. | 照片上他俩牵着手 | 
| [16:37] | Aw, fuck. | 该死 | 
| [16:39] | I clicked on him and there were more pictures, | 我就点进了他的主页 里面有更多照片 | 
| [16:43] | and when I scrolled down, I saw this. | 当我往下浏览的时候 看到了这个 | 
| [16:45] | Oh, man! Fucking bitch. | 天 真是个婊子 | 
| [16:48] | When she cheated, she moved out | 她出轨之后 就搬了出去 | 
| [16:51] | and we just stopped talking. | 我们没有再联系 | 
| [16:54] | There was never…closure. | 一直也没有正式 了断 | 
| [16:56] | That’s hard, man. | 那真残酷 哥们 | 
| [16:58] | I feel like I was never allowed | 我感觉我永远不能 | 
| [16:59] | to move forward, to heal. | 向前看 从伤痛中痊愈 | 
| [17:05] | She really hurt you, didn’t she? | 她真的伤到你了 是不是 | 
| [17:07] | I-I think we’ve both been hurt by the ones we love. | 我觉得我们都被我们所爱的人伤到了 | 
| [17:14] | But… | 但是 | 
| [17:17] | if we don’t confront it, we never get better. | 如果我们不勇敢面对 就永远不会好起来 | 
| [17:21] | Shouldn’t we talk about these things? | 我们难道不应该聊聊这些事吗 | 
| [17:24] | Shouldn’t we tell them how we feel? | 我们难道不应该告诉她们我们的感受吗 | 
| [17:33] | Yeah. Yeah, you’re right. | 是啊 是的 你说得对 | 
| [17:37] | Yes. Yeah, great. | 是的 是的 棒极了 | 
| [17:40] | Perhaps we should get some shots. | 也许我们该喝几杯酒 | 
| [17:42] | No time for that. Let’s go. | 没时间了 我们走吧 | 
| [17:43] | Go–go–go where? | 去 去 去哪儿 | 
| [17:44] | To Mara’s. | 去玛拉家 | 
| [17:45] | – Mara’s? – Yeah, for closure. | -玛拉家 -是的 去做个了断 | 
| [17:47] | – Now? – Mm-hmm. | -现在吗 -嗯 | 
| [17:48] | But I– | 但是我 | 
| [17:49] | Well, I don’t know where she’s moved | 我不知道她搬到哪里去了 | 
| [17:50] | and I erased her number. | 而且我把她号码删了 | 
| [17:52] | Let’s just sit down and– | 我们先坐下来 | 
| [17:53] | Leon, I cyber-stalked Mara the day I met you. | 里昂 我认识你那天我就人肉了玛拉 | 
| [17:56] | I’ve got her address. | 我有她现在的地址 | 
| [17:57] | – Well– – Come on. | -那 -来吧 | 
| [17:58] | Alex, wait. No, no, no, no, no, no. | 艾利克斯 等等 不不不不不 | 
| [18:00] | Hold on, hold on, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 等一下 等等 | 
| [18:15] | Do you remember high school? | 你还记得高中时候的事吗 | 
| [18:18] | I’m not that old. | 我还没那么老 | 
| [18:21] | Who were you? | 你当时什么样 | 
| [18:22] | Um, I was kind of lost, I guess. | 大概有点迷茫吧 | 
| [18:26] | I don’t know, just… | 我也不知道 就是 | 
| [18:29] | you know, dealing with my parents | 应付我父母 | 
| [18:30] | and taking care of Alex and… | 照顾艾利克斯 | 
| [18:33] | kind of had to be a grown-up before I was done being a kid. | 还没当够孩子 就要成为家里的大人了 | 
| [18:41] | And then what? | 然后呢 | 
| [18:42] | And then I met your dad, had you… | 然后我遇见了你爸 生下了你 | 
| [18:49] | and everything just kind of fell into place. | 接着一切就回到了正轨 | 
| [18:53] | I’m gonna be 40. | 我就要四十岁了 | 
| [18:57] | I’m gonna be 40 years old and I’m living in my brother’s house. | 我要四十了 却还住在弟弟的家里 | 
| [19:02] | Yeah, almost as though you planned it. | 是啊 几乎就像是你计划的 | 
| [19:15] | How does he seem to you? | 你觉得他怎么样 | 
| [19:16] | Alex? | 艾利克斯吗 | 
| [19:19] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 | 
| [19:20] | Sometimes I wish he’d say something. | 有时我希望他能开口说点什么 | 
| [19:23] | He’s healing in his own way. | 他正通过自己的方式走出来 | 
| [19:26] | Does he hate me? | 他恨我吗 | 
| [19:29] | No, I don’t think he really hates anybody. | 不 我觉得他不恨任何人 | 
| [19:41] | Alex! Stop. | 艾利克斯 停下 | 
| [19:43] | This is for your own good. Mara needs to hear this. | 这是为了你好 玛拉需要听到你的感受 | 
| [19:45] | Look, look, I don’t care about Mara. | 听着 我不在乎玛拉 | 
| [19:47] | – Course you do. – No, I don’t. | -你当然在乎 -不 我不在乎 | 
| [19:48] | I only brought her up so we could talk about you! | 我提起她只是为了能谈你的事 | 
| [19:51] | Leon, I’m fine. | 里昂 我没事 | 
| [19:52] | You’re not fine, you’re hurt and angry, | 你一点都不好 你很受伤 很生气 | 
| [19:56] | and you’re not gonna get any better by ignoring it– | 对这件事绝口不提对你没有好处 | 
| [19:58] | Leon? | 里昂 | 
| [20:04] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 | 
| [20:06] | Mara, I-I apologize. | 玛拉 我道歉 | 
| [20:08] | Don’t apologize to her. | 别对她道歉 | 
| [20:10] | Who is this? | 他是谁 | 
| [20:12] | Go on. | 接着说 | 
| [20:14] | Alex, please. | 艾利克斯 拜托 | 
| [20:20] | I’m…so– | 我…很 | 
| [20:22] | You broke his heart. You know that, right? | 你伤透了他的心 你知道的 对吗 | 
| [20:25] | He trusted you, let you into his home, | 他相信了你 让你去他家里 | 
| [20:28] | and you just get to move on? | 你就那样翻篇了 | 
| [20:30] | No. No, fuck that. | 不 不 不能就那样 | 
| [20:33] | And fuck you. You don’t just get to forget. | 去你的 你不能就这样忘了 | 
| [20:37] | Okay, go on, Leon. Tell her how you feel. | 好了 接着说 里昂 告诉她你的感受 | 
| [20:39] | Tell her how it feels to be betrayed | 告诉她 被世界上最深爱的人背叛 | 
| [20:41] | by the person you love most in the world. | 是一种什么感觉 | 
| [20:50] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [21:06] | Alex? | 艾利克斯 | 
| [21:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [21:10] | That was helpful. | 刚才很有帮助 | 
| [21:14] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 | 
| [21:44] | How is he? | 他怎么样 | 
| [21:47] | Who, Leon? | 谁 里昂吗 | 
| [21:48] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [21:54] | He’s gonna be fine. | 他会没事的 | 
| [22:56] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么 | 
| [22:58] | – What is this? – Syllabuses. | -这是什么 -大纲 | 
| [23:00] | Syllabi? Syllabi. | 应该是提纲吗 提纲[Syllabus的复数形式] | 
| [23:02] | Last night after I come home, I’m thinking about Laura, | 昨晚我回家后 我在思考劳拉的事 | 
| [23:05] | ’cause she can’t go back to school | 因为她不能回她之前的学校 | 
| [23:07] | but she also can’t go to a new school she hates, | 但也不能去一个她讨厌的新学校 | 
| [23:09] | ’cause then what’s the point, right, | 不然就没有意义了 对吧 | 
| [23:12] | and she’s only got two years, 1 1/2 maybe, but– | 而且她还有两年就毕业了 或者一年半 不过 | 
| [23:14] | Alex, what are you talking about? | 艾利克斯 你在说什么 | 
| [23:15] | Before you get upset, | 你先别生气 | 
| [23:16] | John Adams was homeschooled, James Garfield, | 约翰·亚当斯 詹姆斯·加菲尔德 | 
| [23:19] | Andrew Jackson before he went on | 安德鲁·杰克逊在他对印第安人展开杀戮前 | 
| [23:21] | his Indian killing spree. | 都是在家学习的 | 
| [23:21] | Those people lived 200 years ago. | 那都是些两百年前的人 | 
| [23:23] | And the medium’s only improved. | 媒介大大改善了 | 
| [23:25] | The lesson plans are online, they’re state sanctioned. | 网上有国家批准的课程计划 | 
| [23:27] | We can choose any textbooks we like, | 我们可以按照自己喜好选择教科书 | 
| [23:29] | and tailor a program that teaches her | 制定一个能教她 | 
| [23:30] | the things we wish we knew when we were kids. | 我们小时候想学到的知识的课案 | 
| [23:32] | I did all of your homework throughout high school. | 整个高中都是我帮你完成的家庭作业 | 
| [23:34] | Yeah, because the classes were outdated even then. | 是的 因为那个时候的课程已经过时了 | 
| [23:38] | It’s 2016, Val. | 现在是2016年 小薇 | 
| [23:39] | We need to prepare our children for the future. | 我们需要为我们的孩子做好准备 | 
| [23:41] | Okay, she’s my child. | 她是我的孩子 | 
| [23:43] | Technically. | 严格来说而已 | 
| [23:45] | W-what makes you think you’re even qualified to teach? | 是什么让你觉得你有资格教书 | 
| [23:47] | I can teach. | 我可以的 | 
| [23:49] | – Hey there. – Hey. | -好 -好 | 
| [23:51] | Did you tell her? | 你跟她说了吗 | 
| [23:53] | It’s great, right? | 很棒 是不是 | 
| [23:54] | Can’t believe we didn’t think of it before. | 我们之前竟然没想到 | 
| [23:57] | Is there coffee? | 有咖啡吗 | 
| [23:58] | In the pot. | 在壶里 | 
| [24:02] | You should teach psych. | 你应该教心理学 |