时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:37] | Richard, you’re dressed. | 理查德 你都穿好衣服了 |
[00:40] | Well, it is morning, isn’t it? | 这不都早上了吗 |
[00:41] | Well, it’s just that ever since you were banned | 只是你被禁止跟凯瑟琳 |
[00:43] | from working cases with Katherine, | 一起办案之后 |
[00:45] | you and your pajamas have seen an awful lot of each other. | 你就经常一身睡衣在家 |
[00:48] | I think you’re exaggerating. | 我觉得你太夸张了吧 |
[00:50] | I admit I’ve taken the occasional day off to recharge, | 我的确偶尔放松身心 恢复精神 |
[00:53] | but I hardly think it’s fair. | 但也不该说我就… |
[00:55] | Wow. Castle, you’re dressed? | 卡塞尔 你都穿好衣服了啊 |
[00:56] | Yes, I’m dressed. | 是的 我穿好了 |
[00:58] | I did not think it would be such an event. | 没想到你们会这么小题大做 |
[01:00] | Good morning, babe. | 早上好 亲爱的 |
[01:02] | Does this mean you have something special planned for today? | 你是为今天做了什么特别的安排吗 |
[01:04] | As a matter of fact, I do have something special lined up… | 事实上 我今天还真有特别的事 |
[01:07] | A surprise, actually, for you. | 是一个给你准备的惊喜 |
[01:09] | Really? What kind of a surprise? | 真的 什么样的惊喜 |
[01:11] | Well, now, if I told you that, it wouldn’t be a surprise. | 如果我说了 不就不是惊喜了 |
[01:13] | But trust me, you’re gonna love it. | 相信我 你会喜欢的 |
[01:15] | Okay, now, why does that scare me? | 我为什么会觉得害怕呢 |
[01:16] | Because you’re smart. | 因为你聪明啊 |
[01:18] | Hmm. Come on, Castle… spill. | 得了 卡塞尔 说吧 |
[01:20] | A master interrogator like yourself, | 你这样的审讯大师 |
[01:21] | and that’s the best you’ve got? | 就这点本事吗 |
[01:23] | Maybe I’m just getting started. | 或许我这才刚开始呢 |
[01:25] | Or not. | 看来不行了 |
[01:26] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[01:28] | Victim is Shana Baker. | 被害人是莎娜·贝克 |
[01:30] | According to her pay stubs, | 从工资单来看 |
[01:31] | she worked at Eastbourne Preschool. | 她是伊斯特本幼儿园的老师 |
[01:34] | Point of entry – is the window in her bedroom. | 凶手是从她卧室的窗户进来的 |
[01:36] | Somebody broke the glass. | 有人敲碎了窗户 |
[01:38] | She would have heard that. | 那她肯定应该能听到 |
[01:39] | And based on her body position, | 从她尸体的姿态来看 |
[01:40] | it doesn’t look like she was trying to run away. | 她似乎没有想逃的意思 |
[01:42] | No, she wasn’t. | 的确 |
[01:43] | No signs of defensive wounds or a struggle. | 毫无防卫伤或挣扎的迹象 |
[01:46] | Just a single gunshot to the chest. | 一枪中胸 |
[01:48] | Which means our killer was in here when she came home. | 所以她回到家时 凶手已经在等她了 |
[01:51] | How a woman so astute could choose to marry Castle. | 如此聪明的女人怎么会自愿嫁给卡塞尔呢 |
[01:55] | Ah, come on, Perlmutter, admit it. | 得了 帕穆特 承认吧 |
[01:57] | – You miss him, too. – Please. | -你也想他了吧 -得了 |
[01:58] | Just knowing he’s not gonna be here | 一想到他不会再出现在这儿 |
[01:59] | makes coming to work sheer bliss… | 就觉得上班简直太美好了 |
[02:02] | …All things considered. | 惨剧除外 |
[02:04] | Time of death? | 死亡时间 |
[02:05] | Well, lividity and liver temp suggest | 从尸斑和肝脏温度来看 |
[02:07] | between 9:00 and 10:30 last night. | 是昨晚9点到10点30之间 |
[02:09] | The neighbors were out, which is probably why | 邻居不在 应该是因此才 |
[02:10] | no one heard the shot, but CSU did find this. | 没人听到枪声 但鉴证组找到了这个 |
[02:15] | A cigarette butt. | 香烟头 |
[02:16] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:17] | It was in the fire escape outside the bedroom window. | 在卧室窗户外的消防梯上 |
[02:19] | The neighbors above and below are not smokers. | 楼上楼下的邻居都不抽烟 |
[02:21] | Neither was the victim, | 被害人也不是 |
[02:22] | not with pearly whites like these. | 牙齿这么白不可能吸烟 |
[02:24] | So if our killer had time to grab a smoke, | 如果凶手还有时间抽烟 |
[02:27] | Then this wasn’t a b&e. | 那就不是擅闯民宅 |
[02:28] | Our killer was lying in wait, which means… | 凶手是在等待她回来 |
[02:31] | this was premeditated. | 那么这就是预谋杀人了 |
[02:38] | Where’s the dog? | 狗哪去了 |
[02:40] | Dog’s gone. | 不见了 |
[02:42] | Might have been scared off by the gunshot. | 可能是被枪声吓跑了 |
[02:43] | Or, like Lassie, Sparkles is out there, | 或者 闪闪像灵犬莱西一样 |
[02:47] | trying to track down our killer. | 正在外找凶手呢 |
[02:48] | Really? Lassie? | 不是吧 莱西 |
[02:50] | Someone has to provide us with out-of-the-box thinking | 卡塞尔走了 总得有人来 |
[02:51] | now that Castle’s not around. | 提出比较新奇的看法 |
[02:52] | Thank you. But I’ll take it from here. | 谢了 不过我还是自己来吧 |
[02:57] | Castle? What are you doing? | 卡塞尔 你怎么来了 |
[02:59] | You know that you’re not allowed to be here. | 你知道你不能来的 |
[03:01] | Actually, I am, | 其实 我可以 |
[03:03] | because I’m no longer Richard Castle, | 因为我已经不是理查德·卡塞尔 |
[03:04] | ordinary citizen. | 普通市民了 |
[03:06] | I am now Richard Castle… | 我现在 是理查德·卡塞尔 |
[03:09] | private investigator. | 私家侦探 |
[03:11] | You got your P.I.’s license… without telling me? | 你拿到了私家侦探的执照 还不告诉我 |
[03:15] | I took an online course. Finished last night. | 我学了个网上课程 昨晚学完了 |
[03:17] | Are you surprised? | 惊喜吧 |
[03:18] | Can we talk for a second? | 能谈谈吗 |
[03:20] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[03:25] | Castle, the P.I.’s license doesn’t change anything. | 卡塞尔 私家侦探执照也不能改变什么 |
[03:28] | The D.A.’s still not gonna let you investigate with us. | 地检官还是不会允许你跟随我们调查的 |
[03:30] | Oh, you see, that’s the brilliant part. | 这就是妙处啊 |
[03:32] | I’m not going to be investigating with you. | 我不会跟你们一起调查 |
[03:35] | No. Instead, I’m gonna conduct | 不 我要与你们同时 |
[03:38] | my own parallel investigation alongside yours. | 展开独立的调查 |
[03:41] | Nice try, but you know that’s not gonna fly. | 想得美 但这是行不通的 |
[03:43] | Actually, it will fly. | 其实 行得通 |
[03:44] | You see, as a, | 作为… |
[03:46] | licensed P.I., I’m legally entitled | 有执照的私家侦探 我有权 |
[03:49] | to investigate this case on behalf of my client. | 代表客户调查此案 |
[03:52] | Ah. So who is your client? | 你的客户是谁 |
[03:54] | I’m sorry. That’s confidential. | 抱歉 这是机密信息 |
[03:55] | I’m sorry. So is this investigation. | 抱歉 调查也是机密的 |
[03:58] | I’m afraid he’s right. | 他说得对 |
[03:59] | P.I.’s license or not, this crime scene is closed, | 不管你有什么执照 犯罪现场不对外开放 |
[04:01] | so you’re gonna have to go. | 你得走了 |
[04:10] | That’s fine. | 没事 |
[04:12] | I’ve already seen everything I need to here anyway. | 反正我需要看的东西我都看到了 |
[04:14] | I’ll conduct my investigation elsewhere. | 我会去别处开始调查了 |
[04:17] | Elsewhere where? | 去哪啊 |
[04:20] | I’m sorry, that’s confidential, too. | 抱歉 机密信息 |
[04:27] | Is he serious? | 他不是认真的吧 |
[04:28] | I think he is, and I think I’m getting a headache. | 我觉得他是 而且我好头疼 |
[04:31] | Um, Ryan, see if you can get ahold | 莱恩 你能去找找 |
[04:33] | of this building’s superintendent. | 大楼的管理员吗 |
[04:35] | Look for any security cams | 找找附近的监控摄像头 |
[04:36] | and try to reach out to her next of kin. | 并努力联系她家人 |
[04:37] | Espo, you and I should go to the school that she worked for, | 埃斯波 我们去她工作的学校查查 |
[04:40] | see if they can tell us anything else about Shana’s life. | 看他们能不能透露一些莎娜生活上的事 |
[04:44] | You really didn’t know about this P.I. thing? | 私家侦探这档子事你真不知道 |
[04:46] | No. I mean, I saw him spending hours on the computer, | 不是 我看到他在电脑前一泡几小时了 |
[04:48] | but I just figured he was playing “Terra Quest.” | 但我以为他是在打游戏呢 |
[04:54] | So, what are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么做 |
[04:56] | Well, there’s not much that I can do. | 我也没什么办法啊 |
[04:58] | Look, I know that he’s doioing this to spend time with me, | 我知道他这么做是为了跟我在一起 |
[05:01] | And I don’t want to hurt his feelings. | 我不想伤他的感情啊 |
[05:02] | I don’t know, maybe it’ll be…Harmless. | 或许不会有什么问题吧 |
[05:05] | Harmless? | 没问题 |
[05:06] | This is Castle we’re talking about. | 他可是卡塞尔啊 |
[05:07] | Okay, but he knows nothing about the case or the victim, | 可他对案件和被害人一无所知 |
[05:10] | so how much trouble can he be? | 他能惹多少麻烦呢 |
[05:11] | We’re about to find out. | 我们就要知道了 |
[05:13] | Castle, how did you get here? | 卡塞尔 你怎么过来的 |
[05:14] | Well, it turns out the subway really is faster in morning traffic. | 事实证明地铁早上的确比车快 |
[05:16] | No, I mean how did you get here, | 不 我是问你怎么会来这里 |
[05:19] | to the school where Shana worked? | 来莎娜工作的学校 |
[05:21] | Oh, well, the neighbors didn’t know very much. | 邻居知道的信息不多 |
[05:22] | I figured her work would be your next stop. | 所以我猜你下一步大概会来单位 |
[05:25] | So, I’ve heard about this place. | 我听说过这里啊 |
[05:27] | It’s the feeder school in the city, | 市里的直属学校 |
[05:29] | the only place to be if you’re 3 years old and connected. | 三岁的权贵之家后代 都在这里上学 |
[05:32] | Isn’t that Spalding Elliot over there? | 那不是斯伯丁·埃利奥特吗 |
[05:35] | The state’s top prosecutor. | 全州最厉害的检察官 |
[05:37] | He’s on the short list for attorney general. | 他是司法部长的候选人呢 |
[05:39] | And behind him, James Kallman, internet billionaire. | 后面那位 詹姆斯·卡尔曼 网络富豪 |
[05:42] | Even spotted Diddy in the carpool lane. | 我还在共乘车道看到了吹牛老爹 |
[05:45] | Ah, this place is a bastion of the city’s elite. | 这地方聚集了这座城市的精英 |
[05:48] | I wonder what our victim did here, | 不知道被害人在这儿做了什么 |
[05:50] | what foul scheme she was tangled in. | 她究竟被卷入了怎样的邪恶计划里 |
[05:53] | Uh, Castle, you can’t just follow me inside | 卡塞尔 你不能就这样跟我进去 |
[05:55] | and sit in on my interview. | 然后偷听的我调查 |
[05:56] | Well, actually, um… | 可实际上… |
[05:59] | I was here first, | 是我先到的这里 |
[06:00] | So, really, you’re following me. | 所以你得跟着我进去 |
[06:05] | Shana was our admissions director. | 莎娜是招生办主任 |
[06:07] | Parents, kids, everybody loved her. | 家长 孩子 大家都很喜欢她 |
[06:10] | How did she seem to you recently? | 你觉得她最近表现正常吗 |
[06:11] | Any changes in her behavior? | 行为上和以前有什么不同吗 |
[06:13] | Actually, I don’t know. | 其实 这点我并不清楚 |
[06:14] | She hadn’t been around the past few days. | 过去几天她并没有来上班 |
[06:16] | – Why not? – She had been working long hours | -为什么没有 -她之前一直在加班 |
[06:18] | to finalize admissions for our new students. | 为了最终确定新生的录取情况 |
[06:20] | She just sent the acceptance letters out last week, | 她上周才把录取通知书发出去 |
[06:23] | so she took the past couple of days off to recover. | 所以她最近几天就请假休息了 |
[06:25] | If acceptance letters went out, | 既然录取通知书发出去了 |
[06:27] | does that mean rejection letters went out, as well? | 是不是说拒信也已经发了呢 |
[06:29] | Look, I know what you’re thinking, | 我知道你是怎么想的 |
[06:31] | and, yes, parents can get a bit emotional, | 确实 家长们会变得情绪激动 |
[06:34] | especially when it comes to their kids being turned down. | 特别是在他们的孩子被拒绝录取之后 |
[06:36] | Nothing has ever risen to the level of something like this. | 不过事情从没有变得像现在这么严重 |
[06:41] | Well, maybe this year did. | 也许今年确实变得严重了 |
[06:43] | There’s something you guys got to hear. | 有个东西你们得听听 |
[06:44] | You think you can ruin my kids’ life? | 你觉得你可以就这样毁掉我孩子的人生 |
[06:46] | Bitch, I know where you live, | 婊子 我知道你住哪里 |
[06:48] | and you’ll never see me coming. | 你给我小心点 |
[06:49] | This was left on Shana’s voicemail a few days ago | 这是几天之前留在莎娜的语音信箱里的 |
[06:52] | and pretty much describes what happened to her. | 也差不多正好描述了她的遭遇 |
[06:54] | Dr. Matthews, do you recognize this voice? | 马修斯博士 你能认出这个声音吗 |
[06:56] | I’m afraid I don’t. | 我听不出来 |
[06:57] | Okay, check with the rest of the staff, | 好的 问问其他员工 |
[06:59] | see if anyone else does. | 看看是否有人认得 |
[07:00] | We’ll also need copies of the school’s phone records, | 我们还需要一份学校电话的通话记录 |
[07:02] | as well as a list of parents that received rejection letters. | 以及收到拒信的家长名单 |
[07:05] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[07:05] | Can I get a copy of that list, too? | 能也给我一份那个名单吗 |
[07:08] | I’m gonna take that as a no. | 我就当那是拒绝了 |
[07:11] | Can’t say that I’m shocked. | 其实也不算意料之外 |
[07:13] | A group of powerful people not used to hearing the word no. | 一帮手握大权的人根本听不得一个不字 |
[07:16] | Come on, Castle, you really think | 拜托 卡塞尔 你真的觉得 |
[07:17] | that rejection from preschool qualifies as motive for murder? | 被一所幼儿园拒收就能成为谋杀的动机 |
[07:21] | With a feeder school like this one? | 像这家一样的直属学校 |
[07:23] | A rejection from here could mean | 被这所幼儿园拒收就意味着 |
[07:24] | not getting into the “right” elementary school, | 没法进入好小学 |
[07:26] | which affects high school, | 从而影响高中 |
[07:27] | which affects college, and, oh, my god. | 进一步会影响大学 我的天 |
[07:29] | Ah, people do insane things for their kids. | 父母为了孩子总会有疯狂的举动 |
[07:33] | You’ll see. | 你会明白的 |
[07:37] | Where are you off to? | 你要去哪里 |
[07:38] | Back to the precinct. | 回局里 |
[07:40] | Look, Castle, if it was my choice — | 卡塞尔 如果我能选的话… |
[07:42] | Oh, please. | 你误会了 |
[07:43] | Why would I want to go to the precinct? | 我才不会想去局里呢 |
[07:44] | No, a P.I.’s work is done in the field, | 不 私家侦探的工作是在现场完成的 |
[07:46] | and I’ve got lots of leads to follow up on. | 而且我已经找到许多有用的线索了 |
[07:49] | Okay. I’ll see you tonight. | 好的 那晚上见 |
[07:51] | See you tonight. | 晚上见 |
[07:54] | So unfair. | 真不公平 |
[08:14] | A private investigator? | 私家侦探 |
[08:16] | I swear, sir, I had nothing to do with this. | 我发誓 长官 和我一点关系都没有 |
[08:19] | Yet he showed up at your crime scene! | 可他还是出现在你的罪案现场了 |
[08:22] | Let me remind you, the D.A. was very explicit. | 我要提醒你 地方检察官明确地说了 |
[08:25] | Ever since he worked that case for the mob, | 他上次跟黑帮合作那桩案子之后 |
[08:27] | Mr. Castle can no longer take part in our investigations. | 卡塞尔先生就再也不能参与我们的调查了 |
[08:31] | He’s not. | 他没有参与 |
[08:32] | I mean, technically, he’s conducting | 严格意义上来说 他是在进行 |
[08:34] | his own investigation, and since he’s licensed, | 他自己的调查 因为他有了执照 |
[08:36] | legally, there’s not much that I can do to stop him. | 法律上说 我也没法做什么阻止他调查 |
[08:38] | Okay, Detective, but let me be perfectly clear, | 好吧 探长 让我再重申一遍 |
[08:42] | you cannot help him either. | 你不能帮他调查 |
[08:44] | And that goes for you, too. | 你们俩也听着了 |
[08:46] | – I’m sorry? – No sharing of information, | -你说什么 -不许分享情报 |
[08:48] | no granting access, nothing, | 不许给他权限 什么都不行 |
[08:49] | or there will be hell to pay. | 不然你们会后悔的 |
[08:51] | Understood? | 听明白了吗 |
[08:52] | – Yes, sir. – Yes, sir. | -是的 长官 -是的 长官 |
[08:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[08:56] | “How much trouble can he be?” | “他能惹多少麻烦呢” |
[08:57] | Trust me, once he finds out that he has to work this case without me, | 相信我 等他发现他得自己调查这案子 |
[09:00] | he’s gonna get bored, and he’s gonna move on. | 他就会觉得无聊 然后就不管了 |
[09:02] | He found our victim’s school without you. | 他自己一个人找到了被害者的学校 |
[09:03] | Yeah, but that was easy. | 是啊 不过那个很简单 |
[09:04] | He doesn’t have access to financials, | 他又没法查到财务状况 |
[09:06] | to phone records, to street-cam footage. | 或是通话记录 或是街头监控的录像 |
[09:08] | I mean, how far is he gonna get? | 他能查到多少东西 |
[09:10] | You know what would really suck? | 你知道什么情况最糟吗 |
[09:11] | If Castle solved this case before we did. | 卡塞尔比我们先把案子破了 |
[09:13] | And this not possible. | 那是根本不可能的 |
[09:16] | Yeah, but what if he did? | 是的 可是假如他成功了呢 |
[09:18] | Well, then we’d never hear the end of it. | 那我们的耳根就别想清净了 |
[09:20] | Uh, no, you would never hear the end of it. | 不 是你的耳根不会清净了 |
[09:23] | You’re the one who has to go home to that guy. | 你才是那个每天要和他回家的人 |
[09:25] | Listen, there is no way that he can solve this case before us. | 他根本不可能在我们之前把案子破了的 |
[09:40] | All right, who are you, | 你是谁 |
[09:42] | and what are you doing with a dead woman’s dog? | 你为什么会抱着死者的狗 |
[10:16] | Think you can get the drop on me! | 你以为你能偷袭我吗 |
[10:17] | You don’t know who you’re messing with. | 你根本不知道你对付的是谁 |
[10:28] | Who are you? Why are you following me? | 你是谁 为什么要跟踪我 |
[10:30] | Can’t answer…If can’t talk. | 没法回答…说不了话 |
[10:34] | Okay, my name is Richard Castle, and I’m — | 我叫理查德·卡塞尔 我是… |
[10:38] | – Oh, I can show you. – No, no! | -我可以给你看… -别 别 |
[10:42] | Pepper spray?! | 胡椒喷雾剂 |
[10:43] | why did you do that?! | 你为什么要这么做 |
[10:45] | I thought you were reaching for a gun! | 我以为你要掏枪出来 |
[10:46] | No, I was reaching for my P.I. license. | 不是的 我是拿我的私人侦探执照 |
[10:51] | You’re a P.I.? | 你是个私家侦探 |
[10:53] | Aw, man, I’m sorry. Come here. | 兄弟 真抱歉 快起来 |
[10:55] | I was mugged last week, all right? | 我上周被抢劫了 |
[10:57] | You can’t trail people like that. | 你不能这样跟踪别人 |
[10:58] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:59] | I’m looking into the murder of Shana Baker. | 我正在调查莎娜·贝克的谋杀案 |
[11:02] | Oh, wait. | 什么 |
[11:03] | – Shana’s dead? – Yes. | -莎娜死了 -是的 |
[11:05] | She was my friend. | 她是我的朋友 |
[11:06] | Hey, who killed her? | 凶手是谁 |
[11:08] | Brian Whitman, senior partner at Tenzer Capitol. | 布莱恩·惠特曼 藤泽资本的高级合伙人 |
[11:11] | We traced the threatening call to his office. | 那通威胁电话是来自他的办公室 |
[11:14] | The guy’s a big shot | 这家伙是个大人物 |
[11:14] | with even bigger anger-management problems, | 他的情绪问题比他的来头还要大 |
[11:16] | including slamming his Tesla into this driver who cut him off. | 上次直接把他的特斯拉撞向超他车的人 |
[11:20] | Anyone at the school recognize him? | 学校里有人认出他了吗 |
[11:21] | No, but I had unis show his picture around Shana’s building. | 没有 但我让警员拿他照片去莎娜住处排查 |
[11:25] | The same day he left that voicemail, | 他留下那通电话留言的同一天 |
[11:26] | neighbors saw him banging on her door, | 邻居看到他猛敲她的门 |
[11:28] | Yelling obscenities. | 嘴里全是污言秽语 |
[11:29] | He promised he’d be back. | 他说他会回来的 |
[11:30] | So I was a little…aggressive | 我是有点…激动了 |
[11:32] | when Ms. Baker didn’t let my son into that school, | 因为贝克女士没让我儿子进那学校 |
[11:35] | but that doesn’t mean I killed her. | 可那并不能证明我杀了她 |
[11:37] | “Bitch, I know where you live, | “婊子 我知道你住哪里 |
[11:38] | and you will never see me coming.” | 你给我小心点” |
[11:40] | That sounds like a death threat to me. | 我觉得这好像是句威胁吧 |
[11:42] | I was being dramatic. | 我当时比较激动 |
[11:43] | How were you being when you shot her? | 那你向她开枪的时候是什么样 |
[11:46] | Look, you don’t understand. | 你们不明白 |
[11:47] | And neither will a jury. | 陪审团的人也不会明白 |
[11:48] | I had no reason to kill her. | 我没有理由要杀她 |
[11:51] | She changed her mind about my son. | 关于我儿子的事 她改变主意了 |
[11:53] | She decided to let him in. | 她决定让他入学 |
[11:55] | Mr. Whitman, we have the school records. | 惠特曼先生 我们有学校给的记录 |
[11:57] | This just happened two days ago. | 这是两天前才发生的事 |
[11:59] | Call down there. You can check. | 给他们打个电话 就能确认了 |
[12:02] | I even have the letter she wrote me. | 我还留着她给我写的信 |
[12:08] | Your son had already been rejected, | 你儿子已经被拒绝了 |
[12:09] | So why would Shana change her mind? | 为什么莎娜要改变主意 |
[12:11] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:13] | She just did. | 反正她就这么做了 |
[12:15] | Whitman’s alibi checks out. | 惠特曼的不在场证据被确认了 |
[12:16] | He was on an investment call to Hong Kong | 谋杀案发生的时候 他去了香港 |
[12:18] | at the time of the murder. | 参加一个投资项目 |
[12:20] | And the school verifies his claim. | 学校也确认了他说的话 |
[12:22] | Shana did reverse the decision on his son. | 莎娜的确改变了主意 |
[12:24] | Do you think she gave into Whitman’s threats? | 你觉得她是因为惠特曼的威胁害怕了吗 |
[12:26] | Nah. The headmistress said that Shana would never cut a deal. | 不会 校长说莎娜是绝对不会妥协的 |
[12:30] | If she felt threatened, | 如果她觉得受到了威胁 |
[12:31] | she would have notified the school or the police… | 她会告诉学校或者警察的… |
[12:34] | unless there’s more to this story. | 除非还有更多隐情 |
[12:36] | Let’s dig into Whitman, | 再查查惠特曼 |
[12:37] | see if there’s anything else that connects him to Shana. | 看看还有没有别的事能把他和莎娜联系起来 |
[12:39] | He’s hiding something. | 他肯定隐瞒了什么 |
[12:40] | Well, it looks like our victim | 似乎被害人 |
[12:42] | might have been hiding something herself. | 也隐瞒了一些事情 |
[12:43] | According to this bank statement, | 据这张银行账单显示 |
[12:45] | she withdrew $3,000 in cash out of her account | 她在死前一天 从她的账户里 |
[12:48] | the day before she died. | 取出了三千块现金 |
[12:49] | And I take it that’s not her normal pattern of withdrawal. | 我想这不是她正常的取款吧 |
[12:51] | No, in fact, | 的确不是 |
[12:52] | it nearly cleaned out her savings account. | 这基本上把她的存款都取干净了 |
[12:54] | So what would Shana Baker be doing | 莎娜·贝克为什么 |
[12:55] | that she needed that much cash? | 需要这么一大笔现金呢 |
[12:58] | Shana was going out of town. | 莎娜要去别的地方 |
[12:59] | That’s why she wanted me to keep Sparkles. | 所以她才把闪闪交给我照看 |
[13:01] | I’m assuming you’re better with dogs | 我猜你跟狗相处得 |
[13:03] | than you are with people. | 比跟人相处得好 |
[13:04] | – Where did she go? – No idea. | -她去了哪 -不知道 |
[13:06] | In fact, the whole thing was sort of weird. | 其实 整件事都挺奇怪的 |
[13:08] | How so? | 为什么 |
[13:09] | Well, usually when I take Sparkles, | 通常当她需要我照看闪闪时 |
[13:10] | she tells me weeks in advance, but this was really sudden. | 她会提前几周告诉我 但这次是突然的 |
[13:14] | I had to take him right away. | 她让我立刻带走他 |
[13:15] | And she always tells me where she’s going, | 而且她通常也会告诉我她要去哪 |
[13:16] | but she didn’t tell me this time. | 但这次没说 |
[13:19] | Do you think the trip had something to do with why she was killed? | 你觉得她这次外出跟她的死有关吗 |
[13:21] | Well, seeing as how she dropped her dog off with you | 鉴于她把狗交给你的第二天 |
[13:24] | and the very next day she was murdered, | 就被谋杀了 |
[13:26] | my guess would be, yeah, the two are related. | 所以我想是的 这两件事有关系 |
[13:30] | Where do you think she went? | 你觉得她去了哪 |
[13:37] | – Castle! – Perlmutter. | -卡塞尔 -帕穆特 |
[13:38] | What are you… | 你在干… |
[13:39] | you’re looking at my victim’s chart! | 你在看我的死者表单 |
[13:41] | I’m just making sure you filled it out properly. | 我只是在确认一下你都填对了 |
[13:44] | And may I say, for a man, you have exquisite handwriting. | 我得说一句 你的字写得真好 |
[13:46] | Oh, give it back! | 快还给我 |
[13:47] | Hey, hey, hey, look, look, look. | 等一下 听我说 |
[13:48] | You could make this a lot easier on me, Perlmutter. | 你可以帮我很大一个忙 帕穆特 |
[13:50] | Oh, because that’s what I live for. | 就好像我活着就是为了帮你似的 |
[13:52] | I-I just believe that your victim traveled somewhere | 我认为死者在死前 |
[13:56] | before she died. | 去过什么地方 |
[13:57] | Is there anything in the autopsy that indicates where? | 尸检中有没有什么发现表明她去过哪 |
[13:59] | I-I would rather switch places with her than tell you! | 我宁愿死也不告诉你 |
[14:02] | Now… now, give me that! | 快还给我 |
[14:04] | – I am warning you, Castle! – Here it is. | -我警告你 卡塞尔 -找到了 |
[14:06] | Stomach contents… | 胃里的东西… |
[14:07] | two ounces of peanuts, partially digested pretzels. | 两盎司花生 部分被消化的咸饼干 |
[14:09] | Blood contains trace amounts of over-the-counter sedative. | 血液里有非处方镇定剂成分 |
[14:13] | She was on a plane. She flew somewhere. | 她是在飞机上 她飞去了什么地方 |
[14:16] | Thanks for your help. | 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[14:18] | This isn’t over! | 这事没完 |
[14:24] | – What?! – It’s beckett. | -什么事 -我是贝克特 |
[14:25] | We’re trying to explain some anomalies | 我们在死者的财务记录里发现些异常 |
[14:27] | in our victim’s financial records. | 想要知道原因 |
[14:28] | Are there any signs that she traveled recently? | 有没有证据表明她最近去过什么远地方 |
[14:30] | Well, as a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[14:32] | I was just discussing that with the writer you married. | 我刚跟你的作家丈夫讨论过这件事 |
[14:35] | Castle was at the morgue? | 卡塞尔去了停尸房 |
[14:37] | How the hell did he find out our victim had left town? | 他怎么知道死者离开过城 |
[14:39] | I don’t know, but Perlmutter was right about the air travel. | 不知道 不过帕穆特说她坐过飞机是对的 |
[14:41] | According to T.S.A. records, | 根据运输安全管理局的记录 |
[14:43] | Shana took a 4:30 flight to Boston two days ago. | 莎娜两天前乘坐4:30的航班去了波士顿 |
[14:46] | What was she doing in Boston? | 她去波士顿干什么 |
[14:47] | She doesn’t have any family or friends there, | 她没有家人或者朋友在那里 |
[14:49] | And I spoke to the school. | 而且我问过学校 |
[14:50] | She wasn’t there for work, | 她去那也不是出差 |
[14:51] | but she paid for the trip in cash | 她是用现金付的款 |
[14:53] | like she was trying to keep it secret. | 似乎她不想让别人知道这件事 |
[14:54] | It says here that her return flight from Boston | 上面说她从波士顿回来的航班 |
[14:57] | landed yesterday at 6:00 P.M. | 于昨天下午6点落地 |
[14:58] | Just hours before her murder that night, | 也就是她死前数小时 |
[15:01] | meaning this mystery trip | 说明这次行程 |
[15:02] | might have something to do with her death. | 或许跟她的死有关 |
[15:04] | Yeah. And look at this. | 是 你再看看这个 |
[15:05] | According to her cell records, right after she landed, | 根据她的手机通话记录 她下飞机后 |
[15:08] | she made a call to the New York Ledger news desk. | 立刻给《纽约文汇》新闻办公室打了电话 |
[15:10] | What’s a preschool admissions officer doing | 一个幼儿园的招生主任 |
[15:12] | calling the Ledger news desk? | 为什么要给《纽约文汇》新闻办公室打电话 |
[15:13] | Maybe she uncovered something that she thought was a story. | 或许她发现了什么有新闻价值的事 |
[15:15] | But I checked with them over there, | 但我跟他们确认过 |
[15:16] | and nobody remembers talking to her. | 没人记得跟她通过话 |
[15:18] | We got to find out what she was doing during that trip. | 我们得搞清楚她在行程中做了什么 |
[15:19] | Yeah, we do, | 是的 没错 |
[15:21] | before your husband does and makes us all look bad. | 要赶在你老公之前 以免我们难堪 |
[15:23] | I can help with that. | 我可以帮忙 |
[15:25] | The last charge that Shana made on her credit card | 莎娜的信用卡所付的最后一笔钱 |
[15:27] | was for a lunch at a restaurant two days ago. | 是两天前在一家餐馆的账单 |
[15:30] | That’s right before she left town. | 是在她出城之前 |
[15:31] | She split the bill with this woman, Nicole Morris. | 她是跟这个叫妮可·莫里斯女人平分的账单 |
[15:34] | She’s an attorney at Harrison and Reid. | 她是哈里森-里德律所的一名律师 |
[15:36] | That’s one of the top law firms in the country. | 这可是全国数一数二的律所 |
[15:38] | Why would Shana be meeting with an attorney? | 莎娜为什么要去见律师 |
[15:39] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[15:40] | But a high-powered attorney, | 不过 一位名律师 |
[15:42] | a secret trip paid for in cash, | 一段用现金支付的秘密行程 |
[15:45] | and a phone call to a news desk. | 再加一通打给新闻办公室的电话 |
[15:50] | This is starting to smell like conspiracy. | 这好像是个大阴谋 |
[15:52] | Well, I hate to admit it, | 虽然我也不想承认 |
[15:53] | but baby Castle over here might be right. | 不过这位小卡塞尔可能是对的 |
[15:55] | Conspiracy or not, if this lawyer met with Shana | 无论是不是阴谋 既然莎娜临走前见过 |
[15:58] | just before her trip, she may know something about it. | 这个律师 那么她可能会知道些什么 |
[16:00] | So where can I find her? | 我去哪能找到她 |
[16:01] | Her assistant says that she’s out all day with some clients, | 她的助手说她一整天都在外面见客户 |
[16:04] | but you might be able to catch her at her 3:00. | 不过你或许能在她3点约的人那里找到她 |
[16:06] | – Here’s the address. – Okay, thanks. | -这是地址 -好的 谢了 |
[16:40] | Nicole Morris? | 妮可·莫里斯 |
[16:41] | Detective Beckett, NYPD. | 我是贝克特探长 纽约警局的 |
[16:44] | I… | 我… |
[16:46] | Castle? | 卡塞尔 |
[16:47] | What are you…doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[16:50] | I work here. | 我在这工作 |
[16:51] | Welcome to Richard Castle Investigations. | 欢迎来到理查德·卡塞尔侦探社 |
[17:01] | When were you gonna tell me that you had an office? | 你打算什么时候告诉我你有间办公室了 |
[17:03] | Uh…eventually. | 总有一天 |
[17:05] | No. We’re married. | 不 我们已经结婚了 |
[17:06] | Married people tell each other things. | 夫妻之间是没有秘密的 |
[17:08] | Yeah, but you weren’t exactly thrilled | 是的 可当你得知我拿到私家侦探执照时 |
[17:10] | when I got my P.I. license. | 你简直吓坏了 |
[17:11] | ‘Cause you didn’t tell me. | 因为之前你没告诉过我 |
[17:13] | Now, what is she doing here? | 她在这里干什么 |
[17:14] | Oh. She had lunch with the victim | 死者出城前 |
[17:16] | right before the victim left town. | 跟她一起吃过午饭 |
[17:17] | No, no, no. I mean how did you find her? | 不不 我问你怎么找到她的 |
[17:19] | Ah, I was checking the victim’s credit card | 我查看了被害人的信用卡记录 |
[17:22] | for plane-ticket charges to see where she flew, | 想找她的机票费用信息以查出她要去哪里 |
[17:24] | – and instead I found a lunch charge — – Wait a minute. | -结果却找到了餐费记录 -等等 |
[17:26] | You checked her credit-card records? How? | 你查看了她的信用卡记录 怎么查的 |
[17:28] | Okay, we’re getting into kind of a gray area here, | 这个问题涉及到一个灰色区域 |
[17:31] | so let’s just say it involved her mother’s maiden name | 只能说 这里提及到她的娘家姓 |
[17:34] | and a serviceable falsetto. | 和像模像样的假声 |
[17:37] | Uh, I’m sorry. I-I have another appointment. | 对不起 我还有别的约会 |
[17:39] | Is this gonna take much longer? | 还需要多久 |
[17:40] | Be right there, Ms. Morris. | 马上就进去 莫里斯女士 |
[17:44] | So, detective, so long as you’re here, | 探长 既然你已经来了 |
[17:45] | would you care to sit in on my interview? | 是否愿意来旁听我的问话呢 |
[17:51] | I-I had no idea she had been killed until you called. | 你打电话之前我根本不知道她被杀害了 |
[17:53] | It was…quite a shock. | 那真是 太让我震惊了 |
[17:56] | Ms. Morris, – how well did you know Shana? | 莫里斯女士 你对莎娜了解多少 |
[17:58] | Not very. | 不是很了解 |
[17:59] | I-I met her a few months back | 我是几个月前为我女儿 |
[18:00] | when I toured Eastbourne’s school for my daughter. | 参观伊斯特本学校的时候认识她的 |
[18:03] | We hit it off, but I decided not to apply this year, | 我们很合得来 但是我今年不打算申请 |
[18:06] | so I was surprised when she called the other day. | 所以当她那天打电话给我时 我很惊讶 |
[18:08] | She said it was urgent that she needed to meet | 她说事情紧急 出城之前 |
[18:11] | before she left town. | 必须跟我见一面 |
[18:12] | Did she say where she was going? | 她说过要去哪里吗 |
[18:13] | Boston, I-I think. | 好像是波士顿 |
[18:14] | Something about Radnor University. | 关于拉德诺大学的一些事 |
[18:17] | Did she mention why she was going there? | 她有提过为什么要去那里吗 |
[18:18] | No, and frankly, | 没有 坦白说 |
[18:20] | after the questions she was asking, | 她提出那些问题以后 |
[18:22] | I didn’t really want to know. | 我根本不想知道她去干什么 |
[18:23] | Why? What did she ask about? | 为什么 她问你什么了 |
[18:25] | Murder — | 谋杀 |
[18:27] | Specifically, felony statutes covering murder | 特别是 马萨诸塞州 |
[18:29] | in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, | 关于谋杀的刑事法规 |
[18:31] | what qualifies as accessory to murder, | 什么算是协从谋杀 |
[18:33] | conspiracy to commit murder, | 共谋谋杀 |
[18:34] | what’s the difference between murder and manslaughter, | 谋杀和过失杀人有什么区别 |
[18:36] | that sort of thing. | 这方面的东西 |
[18:36] | I was hoping her interest was theoretical, | 我希望她是出于学术原因才感兴趣的 |
[18:39] | but now that she’s dead, maybe it wasn’t. | 但现在她死了 可能并不是那样 |
[18:44] | Again, thank you, Ms. Morris, for your time. | 再一次感谢您 莫里斯女士 耽误您的时间 |
[18:46] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[18:47] | Please call me if I can help in any way. | 如果需要帮忙随时给我打电话 |
[18:49] | I will. | 我会的 |
[18:52] | Did you hear that — felony law about murder? | 听见了吗 关于谋杀的刑事法规 |
[18:54] | Do you know what this means? | 你知道这表示什么吗 |
[18:55] | Yes, that there’s a hell of a lot more | 是的 莎娜的这次远行 |
[18:57] | to Shana’s trip than we know. | 还有很多是我们不知道的 |
[18:58] | And whatever trouble she got involved in up there, | 不管她在那里惹上了什么麻烦 |
[19:00] | I’m betting it followed her home. | 我打赌那肯定跟着她回来了 |
[19:01] | Okay, – if that’s the case, then… | 好的 如果是那样的话 那么… |
[19:05] | I’m — | 我… |
[19:05] | Uh, I’m sorry, Castle. | 对不起 卡塞尔 |
[19:06] | Uh, we shouldn’t be doing this. | 我们不可以这样做 |
[19:08] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[19:09] | Uh, this — – you, me theorizing together. | 这种 你和我一起推理案件 |
[19:12] | It’s just — it’s not right, especially here, | 这样不可以 尤其不能在这里 |
[19:14] | after this whole P.I. thing. I — | 因为私家侦探的事 我… |
[19:16] | No. Shh! Don’t — | 不 不要 |
[19:17] | Don’t think about it. | 不要想这些 |
[19:18] | Just think about how it feels when we work together. | 只要想想我们一起工作时的那种感觉 |
[19:22] | Besides, we have the place to ourselves. | 而且 这里只有我们俩 |
[19:23] | Who’s gonna know? | 谁会知道呢 |
[19:25] | – Yeah. – Yeah. | -是啊 -是啊 |
[19:29] | – It’s work. – Don’t answer it. | -工作上的事 -不要接 |
[19:30] | No, but I have to. | 不 我必须接 |
[19:32] | Hi, Espo. What’s up? | 埃斯波 什么事 |
[19:34] | So, you asked me to dig deeper on Brian Whitman, | 之前你让我深入调查布莱恩·惠特曼 |
[19:36] | see if there were any other connections to Shana. | 看能否发现与莎娜之间的联系 |
[19:38] | Well, you’ll never guess what I found. | 你绝对猜不到我发现了什么 |
[19:42] | No. | 不 |
[19:44] | No, you’re right, – that can’t be a coincidence. | 不 你说得对 那不可能是巧合 |
[19:45] | What’s not a coincidence? | 什么不可能是巧合 |
[19:46] | Okay, bring him in. | 好的 把他带来 |
[19:48] | Bring who in? | 把谁带来 |
[19:49] | I’m sorry, baby, I got to go. | 对不起 宝贝 我得走了 |
[19:53] | You’re not gonna tell me anything?! | 你什么都不打算告诉我吗 |
[19:55] | You said married people tell each other things! | 你刚才还说夫妻之间没有秘密的 |
[20:01] | Who the hell do you think you are, detective?! | 你以为自己是谁 警官 |
[20:02] | Why am I back here?! | 为什么又带我回来 |
[20:04] | Uh, Mr. Whitman, please. | 惠特曼先生 请坐 |
[20:10] | You know, you’re a generous man. | 你是个很慷慨的人 |
[20:11] | You support charitable causes. | 你支持慈善事业 |
[20:14] | You sit on the board of numerous esteemed organizations, | 你是众多受人尊敬的组织的董事会成员 |
[20:17] | including Radnor University. | 其中包括拉德诺大学 |
[20:18] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[20:19] | So just before Shana Baker died, she took a trip to Radnor. | 在莎娜·贝克死之前 她去了拉德诺 |
[20:22] | You know anything about that? | 这件事你知道吗 |
[20:24] | Sorry. Can’t help you. | 抱歉 我帮不上忙 |
[20:25] | I think you can. | 我认为你可以的 |
[20:26] | Her trip, your position on the school’s board, | 她的行程 你在学校董事会的地位 |
[20:28] | and her help in getting your son into that preschool — | 她帮你儿子进入那所幼儿园 |
[20:30] | I think those three are related. | 我认为这三件事之间有联系 |
[20:32] | And you’re gonna tell us how, | 你来告诉我们联系是什么 |
[20:33] | or we’re just gonna find out anyway. | 不然迟早我们也会查出来的 |
[20:36] | Then we’re gonna take your ass down for obstruction | 那时我们会以阻碍司法罪逮捕你 |
[20:37] | and maybe accessory to murder. | 也可能是协从谋杀 |
[20:39] | Not to mention what’s gonna happen | 更别提当那所幼儿园得知 |
[20:41] | at that preschool when they find out | 你拒绝协助调查 |
[20:42] | you refused to cooperate on an investigation | 他们一名员工的谋杀案 |
[20:44] | of one of their employees’ deaths. | 结果会如何吧 |
[20:46] | I don’t think your kid | 我认为你的孩子 |
[20:47] | is going to be enrolled there for much longer. | 不会在那里待多久了 |
[20:49] | Okay, okay, okay. Look, look, look. | 好吧 听我说 |
[20:51] | She came to me, okay? | 是她来找我的 好吗 |
[20:53] | She wanted me to pull some strings at Radnor, | 她想让我帮她在拉德诺做点事 |
[20:55] | and in return, she got my kid in. | 作为回报 她接收我的孩子入园 |
[20:58] | What strings did she want you to pull? | 她希望你做什么事 |
[20:59] | She wanted me to contact the dean of students | 她让我联系教导主任 |
[21:01] | to tell him Shana was coming to see him | 告诉他莎娜要去见他 |
[21:03] | and that she needed help with something. | 她需要他帮忙做些事情 |
[21:04] | And what exactly did she need help with? | 她到底需要他帮什么忙 |
[21:06] | She wouldn’t tell me. | 她不肯告诉我 |
[21:07] | She just asked me to make the phone call to the dean. | 她只让我给教导主任打电话 |
[21:09] | That’s all I know, I swear. | 我只知道这些 我发誓 |
[21:13] | So we’re good, right? | 没事了吧 |
[21:16] | My son’s still in? | 我儿子不会被开除吧 |
[21:18] | The dean confirmed that Shana was there yesterday, | 教导主任证实莎娜昨天的确在那里 |
[21:20] | requesting access to Radnor campus police files. | 要求查看拉德诺的校警文件 |
[21:23] | Police files? Which ones? | 校警文件 哪一起 |
[21:25] | He didn’t know, but according to their records room, | 他不知道 不过据档案室的人说 |
[21:27] | she looked through incident reports from 1999. | 她查看的是从1999年开始的案件 |
[21:31] | Why would she be looking at 15-year-old incident reports? | 她为什么要查看15年前的案件报告 |
[21:34] | I bet Castle knows. | 我打赌卡塞尔肯定知道 |
[21:35] | Are you kidding me? | 你真的假的啊 |
[21:37] | There is no way he’s ahead of us on this. | 这次他绝不可能赶在我们前面 |
[21:39] | Hey, he got to the morgue before us and that lawyer. | 他先去了停尸间 又先找到了律师啊 |
[21:41] | Ryan, he is resourceful, but he is not that resourceful. | 莱恩 他是机智 但还没这么机智 |
[21:44] | He got you to marry him, didn’t he? | 他不是把你骗到手了吗 |
[21:46] | Call him. | 打给他 |
[21:47] | We’ll see where he’s at. | 看看他查的怎么样了 |
[21:48] | I just cut him out of the case. | 我才刚刚说不让他参与 |
[21:49] | I can’t call him and ask him what he knows. | 怎么打给他问他进度啊 |
[21:51] | Then don’t ask him. | 那就别明着问 |
[21:53] | You’re a detective. Detect. | 你不是侦探吗 用点手段 |
[21:57] | Thank you for picking up dinner. | 谢谢你送饭来 |
[21:58] | I didn’t want you to starve on that P.I. salary. | 我怕你被私家侦探的微薄薪水饿死了 |
[22:01] | So, how is your first case going? | 那么 你的第一个案子查的如何了 |
[22:04] | Did I tell you – I got pepper-sprayed today? | 我有没有告诉你 我今天被胡椒水喷了 |
[22:05] | You say that like it’s a good thing. | 你怎么说的跟好事似的 |
[22:06] | Yeah. I mean, now I’m kind of stuck. | 是啊 我现在是有点卡住了 |
[22:09] | I know our victim took a trip to Radnor university. | 我知道死者去了一趟拉德诺大学 |
[22:11] | I just have no idea why. | 只是还不知道为什么 |
[22:13] | I hacked into her social-media accounts. | 我侵入了她的社交媒体帐号 |
[22:14] | Wait. You know how to hack into social-media accounts? | 等等 你知道怎么侵入社交媒体帐号 |
[22:17] | “Hacking” might be overstating it. | 侵入这个词可能重了 |
[22:19] | Her password for everything is “Sparkles,” Her dog’s name. | 她的所有密码都是闪闪 她的狗的名字 |
[22:21] | Point is, without police resources, | 重点在于 没有警方的帮助 |
[22:24] | the best I can do is | 我能做到的也就只有 |
[22:25] | go through her friends’ online posts | 浏览她朋友们在网上的发布 |
[22:27] | and look for some connections to Radnor university. | 试着去找其中和拉德诺大学的联系 |
[22:30] | – Are there any? – Just one thing. | -找到了吗 -只有一条 |
[22:32] | But it happened 15 years ago. | 但那是15年前的事了 |
[22:33] | I have no idea if it’s even relevant. | 我完全不知道这之间到底有什么联系 |
[22:35] | I just wish I knew what Beckett had. | 真希望我知道贝克特的进度如何了 |
[22:39] | Richard Castle investigations. | 理查德·卡塞尔侦探所 |
[22:41] | Hey, babe. | 宝贝 |
[22:42] | Just checking in. What you doing? | 只是问个好 你干什么呢 |
[22:43] | Oh, just hanging out at the office. How about you? | 在办公室闲着呢 你呢 |
[22:45] | He has an office? | 他有个办公室 |
[22:47] | Uh, just wondering how your day’s going. | 我就是想知道你过得怎么样 |
[22:49] | Good. | 好 |
[22:51] | Really good, actually. | 其实是非常好 |
[22:53] | How about yours? | 你呢 |
[22:53] | Yeah, mine’s… Good, too. | 我也挺好的 |
[22:56] | Uh, really, really good. | 是非常非常好 |
[22:57] | That’s good. Great. I should have said great. | 那就好 真好 应该说我真的很好 |
[23:00] | Mine’s great. | 我的一天好极了 |
[23:01] | Great. That’s — | 真好 那 |
[23:03] | Okay, so, I’ll see you tonight. | 好吧 那晚上见 |
[23:06] | I’ll see you tonight. | 晚上见 |
[23:10] | He knows something. | 他肯定知道了什么 |
[23:11] | She has something. | 她肯定知道了什么 |
[23:12] | And you have to find out what. | 你得把消息套出来 |
[23:13] | And I’m gonna find out what. | 我会把消息套出来 |
[23:26] | Oh, hey, there. You’re home early. | 我回来啦 你今天回来的挺早啊 |
[23:28] | Hey. I couldn’t wait to see you. | 等不及见到你了嘛 |
[23:30] | So, I picked up a bottle of wine on the way home. | 回来时我在路上买了瓶红酒 |
[23:32] | It’s your favorite. | 你最喜欢的哦 |
[23:33] | Oh, that is… | 那真是 |
[23:34] | such a big glass. | 一大杯酒啊 |
[23:36] | What’s the occasion? | 有什么好事吗 |
[23:37] | No occasion. | 没有啊 |
[23:38] | I just figured this would be a great way | 只是想用这个方式 |
[23:39] | for you to unwind after a long day at work. | 缓解一下你一天辛苦工作的疲劳 |
[23:42] | Oh, that is so nice. | 你真好 |
[23:43] | And where’s your glass? | 你的杯子呢 |
[23:44] | Uh, it’s over there. | 在那边 |
[23:47] | Well, why don’t we top that off for you, shall we? | 那我来帮你倒酒吧 好吗 |
[23:51] | Once, uh, we get all nice | 等我们 |
[23:53] | and relaxed and unwind — | 舒舒服服的了 |
[23:57] | There we go — | 好的 |
[23:59] | You can tell me all about your day. | 你也可以给我讲讲你的一天了吧 |
[24:02] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[24:04] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[24:06] | You’re not trying to ply me with wine | 你不会是想借酒 |
[24:07] | to find out what I know about this case, are you? | 从我这套出关于案子的情况吧 |
[24:10] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[24:11] | That’s not what you’re trying to do, is it? | 这不会是 你想要干的事吧 |
[24:13] | – No. – Okay. | -不是 -好吧 |
[24:15] | Because if you were trying to find out what I know, | 因为如果你是想要知道我的进度 |
[24:19] | that would mean you’re stuck. | 那就说明你是卡住了 |
[24:21] | I am not stuck. | 我没有卡住 |
[24:24] | Good, because I’m not stuck either. | 很好 因为我也没有卡住 |
[24:27] | – So you do know something. – So you do know something. | -你确实知道什么 -你确实知道什么 |
[24:29] | – Maybe. – Maybe. | -也许吧 -也许吧 |
[24:31] | All right, this is crazy. | 好了 这太傻了 |
[24:32] | If we both have something, | 如果我们都查到了什么 |
[24:34] | why don’t we just trade? | 不如互换吧 |
[24:35] | Castle, I can’t. You know that. | 卡塞尔 我不能这么做 你知道的 |
[24:37] | Oh, “Can’t.” | 不能这么做 |
[24:38] | What happened to that rebellious girl | 以前那个穿皮夹克骑摩托的 |
[24:40] | with the leather jacket and the motorcycle? | 桀骜不驯的女孩哪去了 |
[24:42] | Would she say “Can’t”? | 她会说不能这么做这种话吗 |
[24:43] | She enforces the law now and drinks expensive wine. | 她现在是喝着高级红酒的执法人员了 |
[24:47] | Then think about our victim. | 那想想死者吧 |
[24:49] | Are you really gonna let a couple of silly rules | 你真的要让一些无聊的规矩 |
[24:52] | stand in the way of bringing Shana justice? | 阻碍你为莎娜伸张正义吗 |
[24:56] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[24:58] | We’ll do it just this once… for her. | 仅此一次 为了死者 |
[25:00] | – You first. – You first. | -你先说 -你先说 |
[25:03] | We’ll go at the same time. | 我们同时说吧 |
[25:05] | – Ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[25:06] | She was looking into old police | 她在调查关于拉德诺大学的 |
[25:07] | – records at radnor university. – Shana had an old boyfriend | -警方案件记录 -莎娜的男友 |
[25:08] | – who died at Radnor university. – Wait. | -死在了拉德诺大学 -等等 |
[25:10] | She had an old boyfriend who died at Radnor university? | 莎娜的男友死在了拉德诺大学 |
[25:12] | – How long ago? – 15 years. | -什么时候的事 -15年前 |
[25:14] | His name was Jeff Whalen. | 他的名字叫杰夫·韦兰 |
[25:16] | He drank too much at a party and fell out a window. | 他在派对上醉酒跌出了窗户 |
[25:18] | If she was looking into old police records… | 如果说她在调查警方案件记录 |
[25:20] | And interested in homicide law… | 而且还对谋杀法律感兴趣 |
[25:21] | She must have thought that his death | 她肯定是认为他的死 |
[25:22] | was more than just an accident. | 并非意外 |
[25:24] | She was investigating a murder. | 她是在调查谋杀案 |
[25:25] | And somehow that got her killed. | 但这调查却害死了她 |
[25:27] | Oh, my god. I missed this. | 天呐 真怀念这个 |
[25:34] | Last night was amazing. | 昨晚真棒 |
[25:37] | Wait, are you talking about | 等等 你是在说 |
[25:38] | the put-together we did on the case, or…? | 交流办案进展 还是说 |
[25:40] | That. | 后面这个 |
[25:41] | But the put-together, that was pretty amazing, too. | 但交流办案进展也很棒 |
[25:45] | It’s been forever since we tried that. | 都好久没这样做过了 |
[25:49] | I forgot how creative you can get. | 我都忘记你这么有创意了 |
[25:51] | Oh, we’re not talking about the case anymore, are we? | 我们说的不是案子了吧 |
[26:01] | Hey, Ryan. | 莱恩 |
[26:02] | Great. Okay. | 很好 好的 |
[26:03] | How long before the fil– | 要多久文 |
[26:05] | before it gets there? | 它才能到 |
[26:08] | Before what gets there? | 什么能到 |
[26:10] | – You were about to say “Files,” weren’t you? – No. | -你刚才是要说文件对不对 -不对 |
[26:12] | Oh, you texted Ryan last night about Shana’s old boyfriend | 昨晚你给莱恩发了短信让他去 |
[26:15] | and told him to get those old police files for you… | 给你调莎娜男友的案件记录 |
[26:17] | – Wha…? – While you were in bed with me. | -什么 -而你却和我在床上 |
[26:19] | I — Ryan, I’ll be right over. | 我 莱恩 我马上到 |
[26:22] | Well, you’re gonna let me take a look at those files, right? | 你得让我看一眼记录吧 |
[26:24] | I mean, that’s only fair. | 这才公平 |
[26:26] | Castle. I can’t. | 卡索尔 我不能这么做 |
[26:28] | That would be crossing the line. | 那可越界了 |
[26:30] | You didn’t seem to care about lines last night. | 你昨晚好像不怎么在意界限啊 |
[26:32] | No, last night, it was anything goes. | 昨晚 什么都行 |
[26:34] | Yes, Castle. And it was great. | 是的 卡塞尔 昨晚很棒 |
[26:40] | Come on. | 算了吧 |
[26:40] | We both know it was just a one-time thing. | 我们都明白只能仅此一次 |
[26:46] | You know, I thought we had something special! | 我还以为咱俩来电了呢 |
[26:49] | Is that the file? | 是那份文件吗 |
[26:50] | Yeah, and it looks like your 2:00 a.m. hunch paid off. | 看来你凌晨两点那时的灵感还是有收获的 |
[26:53] | What were you doing up so late, anyway? | 不管怎样 你这么晚在干什么 |
[26:55] | I was working on the case. | 我在研究那个案子 |
[26:58] | Well, I don’t know – what Shana was looking to find | 我不知道莎娜在那份报告里 |
[26:59] | in that report, | 要找的东西是什么 |
[27:00] | but it refers to witness statements | 但文件是关于一个派对的证人证词 |
[27:03] | taken at the party | 莎娜的男朋友 |
[27:04] | where Shana’s boyfriend, Jeff Whalen, died. | 杰夫·韦兰在这次派对中死掉了 |
[27:07] | But the witness statements, | 但这份证词 |
[27:08] | as well as the list of people who gave them, | 还有作证的那些人 |
[27:10] | they’re all missing. | 都失踪了 |
[27:11] | – The file’s been tampered with? – It looks that way. | -文件被篡改了吗 -看上去应该是的 |
[27:13] | When I called over to Radnor, they said that those pages | 我打给拉德诺大学时 他们说这几页 |
[27:15] | must have been “lost” | 肯定是丢失了的 |
[27:17] | when their records were digitized 10 years ago. | 当十年前他们把档案数字化的时候 |
[27:19] | What about the officer that wrote the original report? | 那个当时写这份报告的官员呢 |
[27:21] | Passed away a few years back. | 几年前就去世了 |
[27:22] | Okay, if the information is missing, | 如果信息丢失了的话 |
[27:24] | then what did Shana learn from this report that got her killed? | 莎娜在报告里知道了什么而被人灭口了呢 |
[27:26] | According to the guy in the records department, | 据在档案室工作的人说 |
[27:28] | when Shana finished with the archive, | 莎娜看完了档案后 |
[27:29] | she asked for directions to the alumni office. | 她问了校友办公室在哪里 |
[27:31] | I-I placed a call over there, | 我给那里打了电话 |
[27:32] | but they don’t open for another half an hour or so. | 但他们大概半个小时后才上班 |
[27:36] | Oh. How’d it go with Castle last night? | 对了 昨晚和卡塞尔怎么样了 |
[27:38] | Is he ahead of us or behind us? | 他在我们前头还是落后于我们 |
[27:40] | Uh, we’re definitely on top of him. | 我们肯定在他之上 |
[27:43] | Without access to those police files, | 查不了警方的文档 |
[27:45] | they are gonna leave me in the dust. | 我肯定被他们甩到后面去了 |
[27:47] | I thought you became a P.I. to work with Beckett. | 我以为你当私家侦探是想和贝克特一起办案 |
[27:50] | When did it become a competition? | 什么时候这变成比赛了 |
[27:51] | When she took something beautiful | 当她把我和她创造的美好 |
[27:53] | that we’d built together and shared it with another man. | 分享给了另外一个男人 |
[27:55] | What? | 什么 |
[27:57] | Investigatively speaking. | 从调查的角度来说 |
[28:01] | But…I may have found a way to catch up. | 但我好像找到了赶上他们的办法 |
[28:04] | I have been looking for any mention | 我在搜索任何提到 |
[28:06] | of Shana’s boyfriend’s death — | 莎娜男朋友死亡的消息 |
[28:07] | wading through newspapers, public records, and the like. | 报纸 公共档案及其他地方我都查了 |
[28:10] | And check this out. | 看一下这个 |
[28:12] | It’s from the Radnor University Daily. | 是从《拉德诺大学日报》里找到的 |
[28:14] | Do you notice anything unusual about this ad? | 你注意到这则广告上有不对劲的地方吗 |
[28:19] | That people were ever actually afraid of Y2K? | 大家都害怕千年虫的这件事吗 |
[28:23] | Yes, that, and the ad is above the fold. | 是的 还有这则广告在上半版版面 |
[28:26] | I worked on my school paper. | 我在校报工作过 |
[28:28] | That’s layout 101 — | 版面布局入门知识 |
[28:29] | You never place an ad above the fold on the front page — | 永远都不要把广告放在头版的上半版 |
[28:32] | Unless something changed, last-minute, | 除非有什么东西在最后一刻发生了变化 |
[28:35] | creating a space to fill. | 多出来一个空要补上 |
[28:36] | Like the lead story was shortened. | 比如头条新闻缩短了 |
[28:37] | Something was pulled from it | 有些东西被撤掉了 |
[28:38] | just before they published, | 就在出版之前 |
[28:39] | and I bet it relates to this case. | 我敢保证这肯定和这个案件有关 |
[28:41] | You could track down the reporter, | 你可以查出这篇报道的作者 |
[28:43] | see if he could tell you. | 看他能不能告诉你 |
[28:44] | Except the story is credited to “Staff.” | 可这条新闻的署名是工作人员 |
[28:46] | But there is someone else who knows. | 但肯定有其他人知道 |
[28:48] | – Who? – The person who ordered | -谁 -那个最初要求 |
[28:49] | the article shortened in the first place — | 缩短文章的人 |
[28:52] | The editor. | 编辑 |
[28:53] | Frank Jackson? | 弗兰克·杰克逊 |
[28:54] | Yeah, the guy at the alumni office | 对 校友办公室的人说 |
[28:55] | said that Shana came in | 莎娜一进门 |
[28:57] | requesting all of his contact information. | 就要求找到所有他的联系方式 |
[28:59] | Frank Jackson? | 弗兰克·杰克逊 |
[29:00] | Why does that sound so familiar? | 怎么听起来这么熟呢 |
[29:01] | Because he is now a reporter at the New York Ledger. | 因为他现在是《纽约文汇》的一名记者 |
[29:05] | That’s who Shana was calling the day she died. | 他就是莎娜被杀害那天联系过的人 |
[29:07] | And I can tell you why — 15 years ago, | 我知道是怎么回事 十五年前 |
[29:09] | Frank Jackson was the president | 弗兰克·杰克逊是 |
[29:10] | of the exclusive Tiger Claw Social Club, | 入会严格的虎爪社交俱乐部主席 |
[29:12] | the organization that hosted the party | 就是这家俱乐部当时举办了那场派对 |
[29:15] | where Shana’s boyfriend died. | 莎娜男朋友意外身亡 |
[29:16] | So, Shana called Frank as part of her investigation. | 为了调查 莎娜给弗兰克打了电话 |
[29:18] | She knew that if he was president of that club, | 她知道如果他是当时俱乐部的主席 |
[29:20] | he must have been at the party that night. | 他当晚肯定在派对上 |
[29:22] | And if there was a cover-up, he would’ve been in on it. | 如果其中有所隐瞒 他肯定知道内情 |
[29:24] | Then he could be our killer. | 那他就有可能是凶手 |
[29:33] | Excuse me! Mr. Jackson! | 不好意思 杰克逊先生 |
[29:36] | I-I wanted to talk to you about an article you edited | 我想和你谈谈你编辑过的一篇文章 |
[29:38] | about 15 years ago about a student who died | 就是关于15年前一名学生 |
[29:40] | at the Tiger Claw Social Club. | 在虎爪俱乐部身亡 |
[29:44] | Sorry. I’m late. Another time. | 对不起 我要迟到了 下次吧 |
[29:46] | You left something out of that article, didn’t you? | 你省略了文章中的一些内容 对吧 |
[29:50] | Something about – how Jeff Whalen really died. | 关于杰夫·韦兰死亡的真相 |
[29:54] | Who’d you say you were again? | 你说你是谁来着 |
[29:55] | I’m Richard Castle. | 我是理查德·卡塞尔 |
[29:56] | I’m a private investigator working the Shana Baker murder. | 我是调查莎娜·贝克谋杀案的私家侦探 |
[30:00] | Okay. Not here. I know somewhere nearby. | 好 不在这谈 我知道附近有个地方 |
[30:03] | It’s more private. | 更隐秘一些 |
[30:11] | We still can’t find Jackson. | 我们还没找到杰克逊 |
[30:13] | He’s not at his apartment, | 他没在公寓 |
[30:14] | and he’s not answering his phone. | 也没接电话 |
[30:15] | Okay. Put out an A.P.B. | 好 发全境通告 |
[30:16] | If he’s Shana’s killer, then he may try to run. | 如果他是杀害莎娜的凶手他可能会出逃 |
[30:19] | Yo. That was Ledger. | 《纽约文汇》的电话 |
[30:20] | One of Jackson’s coworkers said that he saw him | 杰克逊的一位同事说他看见 |
[30:22] | leave the building about an hour ago | 杰克逊一小时前和一个长得像卡塞尔的人 |
[30:23] | with some guy who looked like Castle. | 离开了大楼 |
[30:25] | Castle found Jackson? | 卡塞尔找到了杰克逊吗 |
[30:26] | And he has no idea how dangerous he is. | 他完全不知道那人有多危险 |
[30:31] | Damn it, Castle, answer. | 该死 卡塞尔 快接电话啊 |
[30:33] | Why can’t he just stay out of this? | 他怎么就不能不插手这件事呢 |
[30:35] | When have I ever stayed out of anything? | 我什么时候不管过这些事情 |
[30:37] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[30:39] | Now, what are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[30:40] | I know the rules, but, uh, given who I’m with, | 我懂规矩 但考虑到和我一块来的人 |
[30:42] | I thought we might make an exception. | 我想我们可以破个例 |
[30:47] | I knew this day would come. | 我知道这天会来的 |
[30:48] | When Shana called the other night, | 当莎娜那晚打电话给我时 |
[30:50] | I was almost relieved. | 我几乎松了一口气 |
[30:52] | Just tell detective Beckett | 就告诉贝克特探长 |
[30:53] | what you told me about why she called. | 你告诉我关于莎娜打电话的原因 |
[30:55] | It was about her boyfriend. | 是关于她的男朋友 |
[30:56] | She wanted to know how Jeff Whalen really died | 她想知道杰夫·韦兰 |
[30:58] | that night at Radnor university. | 那晚在拉德诺大学的真正死因 |
[31:00] | Jeff was pretty wasted. | 杰夫那晚烂醉 |
[31:01] | Uh, he went upstairs to get some air. | 他上楼去透气 |
[31:02] | And the next thing I remember was the scream. | 我记得接着就听到一声尖叫 |
[31:05] | Now, I didn’t see what happened, | 我没有看到发生了什么 |
[31:06] | But I know Jeff wasn’t alone in that room | 但我知道杰夫摔下窗户时 |
[31:08] | when he fell out the window. | 他不是独自一人在房间 |
[31:09] | You think that he was murdered? | 你认为他是被谋杀的吗 |
[31:11] | All I know is the next day, | 我只知道第二天 |
[31:12] | I was pressured to change the story. | 我迫于压力要修改那条新闻 |
[31:13] | I was told to take out any mention | 有人让我把任何提到 |
[31:15] | of who was in the room with him. | 是谁和杰夫一同在房间的信息删除 |
[31:16] | Wait. Who pressured you? | 等等 谁给你施压 |
[31:18] | Someone big. | 某个大人物 |
[31:19] | He said he was just trying to protect his son’s reputation. | 他说他只是想保全他儿子的名誉 |
[31:23] | He told me he could ruin my life… | 他说他可以毁了我的人生 |
[31:28] | or he could do great things for me. | 或是助我成就大事 |
[31:31] | I was a kid, and I was scared. | 我当时只是个孩子 我吓坏了 |
[31:33] | And since the cops already said that it was an accident, | 我想既然警察已经宣布那只是个意外 |
[31:36] | I figured why ruin two lives? | 何必毁了两个人的人生呢 |
[31:39] | Only it wasn’t an accident. | 只不过那不是场意外 |
[31:41] | By the time I had realized the investigation had been… | 当我发现警方的调查被人做了手脚时 |
[31:45] | rigged, I had already helped to cover up a murder. | 我已经成了帮人掩盖谋杀的从犯 |
[31:48] | And if you had come forward, | 如果你站出来 |
[31:50] | your career as a journalist would be over. | 你的记者事业也就结束了 |
[31:52] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[31:54] | I can’t hide from it anymore, you know. | 可我不能再逃避下去了 |
[31:57] | Who were they protecting, Frank? | 他们在保护谁 弗兰克 |
[31:58] | Who pushed Shana’s boyfriend out the window? | 谁把莎娜的男友推出了窗外 |
[32:03] | Last person I told that, um, wound up dead. | 上一个问我这个问题的人死了 |
[32:06] | I mean, you sure you really want to know? | 你确定你想知道吗 |
[32:11] | Let me get this straight. | 咱们把话说明白 |
[32:12] | You think federal prosecutor Spalding Elliot | 你认为联邦检察官斯伯丁·埃利奥特 |
[32:15] | killed Shana Baker? | 杀害了莎娜·贝克 |
[32:17] | The events support it, sir. | 这正是事实所指 |
[32:18] | According to Mr. Jackson, right after Shana spoke to him, | 据杰克逊先生说 莎娜找过他之后 |
[32:21] | she went to confront Elliot about his role | 就直接去找埃利奥特对质 |
[32:23] | in her former boyfriend’s death. | 问他是否和她男友的死有关 |
[32:25] | And he’s a parent at her school, | 他孩子在她所在的学校上学 |
[32:26] | so she knew where to find him. | 所以她知道他的联系方式 |
[32:28] | Look, it — it’s no secret | 众所周知 |
[32:29] | that Elliot is being groomed for bigger things, | 埃利奥特正欲大展宏图 |
[32:31] | so maybe he needed to silence Shana | 也许他必须要将莎娜封口 |
[32:34] | to keep her from destroying him. | 以防她毁了自己 |
[32:35] | Detective, if you’re gonna go after | 探长 如果你要指控 |
[32:38] | the top federal prosecutor in New York, | 纽约市最出色的联邦检察官 |
[32:40] | you’re gonna need more than just the word | 只凭一个违反了职业道德的记者的几句话 |
[32:42] | of a compromised journalist. | 是远远不够的 |
[32:44] | You’re gonna need bullet-proof evidence, | 得有铁证 |
[32:46] | and you don’t have it. | 可你没有 |
[32:47] | What if we can place Elliot at the crime scene? | 如果我们能证明埃利奥特在案发现场呢 |
[32:51] | We found a cigarette butt with DNA evidence on it. | 我们找到了一个有DNA证据的烟头 |
[32:53] | Which you’re gonna match to his how? | 你准备怎么跟他做比对呢 |
[32:56] | I doubt if he’s gonna volunteer his DNA if he’s guilty. | 如果他是凶手 他肯定不会自愿提供DNA样本 |
[32:59] | We’ll find a way. | 我们会想办法的 |
[33:00] | Tread lightly, detective. | 谨慎为之 警探 |
[33:01] | You’re hunting big game here. | 你的对手可不容小觑 |
[33:04] | And until we have a stronger case, | 在我们获得更多证据前 |
[33:06] | we cannot afford to attract any attention, | 绝不能引起注意 |
[33:08] | which means, Mr. Castle, | 也就是说 卡塞尔先生 |
[33:10] | you cannot be involved in this at all, | 你跟这个案子不得有半点关系 |
[33:13] | even in your – private-investigator capacity. | 即使你是私家侦探也不行 |
[33:16] | Sir, we never would have gotten this far without — | 头 我们能查到这一步多亏了 |
[33:18] | Oh, no. Actually, uh, she’s right. | 不 她说得对 |
[33:19] | Rules are rules. | 规定就是规定 |
[33:21] | As a matter of fact, | 实际上 |
[33:22] | I shouldn’t even be here right now. | 我现在都不应该在这 |
[33:25] | Well, that was easier than I expected. | 这比我想象中容易多了 |
[33:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:38] | Come on. | 丢啊 |
[33:41] | Come on. | 丢啊 |
[33:44] | There. | 好了 |
[33:45] | One sample of damning DNA evidence coming right up. | DNA证据拿到了 |
[33:53] | Sorry, Sherlock. Not this time. | 抱歉 神探 这次不能让你了 |
[33:56] | Pros will take it from here. | 下面该由专业人士接手了 |
[34:13] | A cigarette butt. | 一个烟头 |
[34:15] | Is that supposed to mean something? | 这有什么含义吗 |
[34:16] | It was recovered at the scene of Shana Baker’s murder. | 这是我们在莎娜·贝克的谋杀现场取回的 |
[34:18] | Preliminary DNA tests indicate it’s yours. | 初步的DNA检测证实这是你留下的 |
[34:22] | That’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[34:23] | It is, because you were there. | 可能 因为你就在现场 |
[34:24] | You killed her, Mr. Elliot. | 你杀了她 埃利奥特先生 |
[34:26] | That’s ridiculous. I didn’t even know her. | 这太荒唐了 我根本就不认识她 |
[34:28] | Why would I kill her? | 我干吗要杀她 |
[34:29] | Because she knew the truth | 因为她知道 |
[34:30] | about what happened that night at the party, | 那晚在派对上发生的事情 |
[34:32] | about Jeff Whalen’s murder. | 她知道杰夫·韦兰谋杀案的真相 |
[34:34] | We know that she tracked you down, | 我们知道她找到了你 |
[34:35] | and when she confronted you, you had her silenced. | 当她找你对质时 你杀了她灭口 |
[34:37] | Okay, listen. | 听着 |
[34:38] | Okay. She did track me down. | 没错 她是找到了我 |
[34:40] | And she practically accosted me | 她那晚就等在 |
[34:41] | in front of my office the other night. | 我办公室门口堵我 |
[34:43] | And I told her the truth, all right? | 可我把真相都告诉她了 |
[34:46] | That — that I — yes, I was in the room | 没错 杰夫坠楼那晚 |
[34:47] | the night that Jeff fell, | 我是在屋里 |
[34:48] | but I did not push him. | 但我没有推他 |
[34:49] | It was an accident. It’s in the report. | 那是个意外 警方报告中都写了 |
[34:51] | Then why did your father cover it up? | 那你父亲为什么要掩盖这件事 |
[34:53] | Because he knew that the truth wouldn’t matter, | 因为他知道真相并不重要 |
[34:55] | that I would be convicted in the court of public opinion | 大众会仅仅因为我当时也在屋内 |
[34:57] | just for being there, | 而认定我有罪 |
[34:58] | and that my political career would be over | 那样一来 我的政治生涯还没开始 |
[35:00] | before it ever started. | 就要结束了 |
[35:01] | So you swept it under the rug, | 于是你就掩盖了事实 |
[35:02] | and then when Shana came along — | 当莎娜找到你 |
[35:03] | She — do you — do you think she was the first? | 她 你认为她是第一个为这事找我的人吗 |
[35:06] | Listen, my enemies have been circling | 多年来我的敌人 |
[35:07] | around this story for years. | 一直追着这件事不放 |
[35:09] | And you want to know why the media’s never run with it? | 你知道为什么媒体一直没有报道此事吗 |
[35:11] | Because there’s nothing there. | 因为根本就没什么好报道的 |
[35:17] | Until now. | 直至现在 |
[35:20] | – I’m being set up. – Mr. Elliot — | -有人陷害我 -埃利奥特先生 |
[35:22] | Shana said somebody contacted her | 莎娜说有人联系她 |
[35:23] | and told her that I pushed Jeff. | 说是我把杰夫推下楼的 |
[35:25] | They urged her to “Look into the truth.” | 他们鼓励她去”查出真相” |
[35:27] | And then — then she ends up dead? | 然后她就死了 |
[35:30] | And you find this at the scene? | 接着你们就在现场找到这个 |
[35:32] | You’re claiming someone is framing you? | 你声称有人在陷害你 |
[35:33] | I am a criminal prosecutor. | 我是罪案检察官 |
[35:35] | Do you honestly think that I would be stupid enough | 你们难道真的认为我会笨到 |
[35:37] | to leave a piece of evidence like this behind? | 在现场留下这种证据吗 |
[35:40] | Look, I make my name fighting corporate greed. | 我通过对抗企业的贪婪打响了名号 |
[35:44] | And my political ambitions are — are no secret to anyone. | 我的政治野心也众所周知 |
[35:47] | This — don’t you see? | 这个 你们还不明白吗 |
[35:48] | This — this is the perfect way for my enemies to destroy me. | 这是我的敌人毁掉我的最佳方法 |
[35:51] | Okay, there’s only one problem with that theory, Mr. Elliot. | 你这推论有一个问题 埃利奥特先生 |
[35:54] | In order to frame you, | 想要陷害你 |
[35:55] | a person would need to know that you were there | 这个人必须得知道你十五年前 |
[35:57] | at that party 15 years ago | 出席了那个派对 |
[35:59] | and know that Shana Baker had just come from seeing you | 还必须知道莎娜在回家一小时前 |
[36:01] | an hour earlier. | 去见过你 |
[36:02] | Maybe there is a simpler explanation. | 也许有更简单的解释 |
[36:06] | There is no conspiracy against you. | 这根本就不是针对你的阴谋 |
[36:08] | You killed her. | 你就是杀害她的凶手 |
[36:10] | You know, I-I couldn’t have killed her | 我不可能杀她 |
[36:11] | because I was at a fundraiser that night. | 因为那晚在参加筹款活动 |
[36:13] | Yeah, we checked into that. You got there at 11:00. | 我们查过了 你是十一点到的 |
[36:16] | Shana was dead by 10:30. | 莎娜十点半就遇害了 |
[36:17] | I swear to you. | 我发誓 |
[36:18] | – I am being set up. – I’m sorry. | -我是被陷害的 -抱歉 |
[36:20] | I’m afraid I have no other choice but to arrest you for — | 恐怕我们别无选择 只得逮捕你 |
[36:22] | Wait! | 等一下 |
[36:24] | He’s telling the truth. | 他说的是实话 |
[36:26] | Spalding Elliot is not our killer. | 斯伯丁·埃利奥特不是凶手 |
[36:34] | Was I not clear when I told you | 我叫你别碰这个案子 |
[36:36] | to stay away from this case?! | 我说得还不够清楚吗 |
[36:38] | Okay, I can see you’re upset, | 好吧 我知道你不开心 |
[36:40] | but I promise — in a moment, you’ll understand. | 但是我保证 你马上就会明白 |
[36:42] | Jeremy? | 杰瑞米 |
[36:43] | This is Jeremy. | 这位是杰瑞米 |
[36:44] | He’s the victim’s friend and dog sitter. | 他是死者的朋友兼狗保姆 |
[36:46] | Oh, so, Jeremy is some sort of a witness? | 怎么 杰瑞米是证人吗 |
[36:48] | Uh, not quite. | 不是 |
[36:49] | Jeremy, if I may… | 杰瑞米 给我 |
[36:51] | Oh, the dog? The dog is the witness? | 小狗 小狗是证人 |
[36:54] | Mr. Castle — | 卡塞尔先生 |
[36:54] | Just watch. | 瞧好吧 |
[36:59] | Castle, what are you doing? | 卡塞尔 你干什么 |
[37:00] | Proving this man’s innocence. | 证明他的清白 |
[37:02] | Castle… | 卡塞尔 |
[37:02] | Mr. Elliot, if I may… | 埃利奥特先生 抱歉了 |
[37:04] | Please. No! | 求你 别 |
[37:05] | See, I remember reading in a profile of Mr. Elliot | 我记得在看埃利奥特先生的档案时 |
[37:07] | that he has a severe allergy to long-haired dogs. | 他对长毛犬有极度过敏反应 |
[37:11] | And the victim’s apartment was covered in dog hair. | 被害人的公寓到处都是狗毛 |
[37:14] | Exactly. | 对头 |
[37:15] | Now, does this seem like the kind of man | 这种人根本就不能 |
[37:16] | who could wait in Shana’s apartment, | 待在莎娜住处 |
[37:18] | let alone smoke a cigarette while he did so? | 更别说在等的时候抽烟了 |
[37:20] | Please! | 求你了 |
[37:21] | No, but, I mean, he could be faking the whole thing. | 倒也是 不过他可能是装的 |
[37:24] | Please! Please! Get him out of here before the hives start! | 求你了 再这样 就出疹子了 |
[37:29] | I think that ship has sailed. | 不是装的 |
[37:33] | Okay. Yeah. Definitely not faking that. | 疹子的确装不出来 |
[37:35] | Here is Spalding Elliot arriving at the fundraiser | 这是斯伯丁·埃利奥特在莎娜被害当晚 |
[37:38] | the night of Shana’s death. | 抵达慈善晚宴的照片 |
[37:40] | Note the lack of red splotches on his face. | 看吧 他脸上没有红色的疹子 |
[37:43] | There’s no way that he came | 他如果直接从莎娜住处 |
[37:44] | straight from her apartment looking like that. | 去那里 看起来肯定不是这个样子 |
[37:46] | Which means Ryan nailed it before. | 也就是说莱恩之前猜对了 |
[37:48] | This is a conspiracy. | 这的确是个阴谋 |
[37:50] | Ryan, you played the “C” card? | 莱恩 你往阴谋那个方向思考了 |
[37:53] | Well, I mean, um, you weren’t around. | 你不在 |
[37:55] | Somebody had to step up. | 总得有人接班 |
[37:57] | Okay, for this setup to work, | 这阴谋如果想成功 |
[37:58] | someone had to activate Shana and tell her about the cover up. | 得有人让莎娜行动起来 告诉她掩盖真相的事 |
[38:01] | Right. That way, her death would create an investigative path | 那样的话 她的死会将调查方向引到 |
[38:03] | that led straight to Elliot. | 埃利奥特身上 |
[38:04] | Setting him up for her murder. | 把她的死栽赃在他身上 |
[38:06] | My guess is we’re dealing with | 我认为我们要找的人 |
[38:07] | some kind of big-money fixer, | 是个天价掮客 |
[38:09] | a shadow-y gun-for-hire, Michael Clayton type. | 藏在暗处的职业杀手 迈克尔·克莱顿那种 |
[38:13] | Well, whoever planted Elliot’s DNA at the crime scene | 不管是谁在犯罪现场放置了埃利奥特的DNA |
[38:16] | had to have gotten the cigarette butt from somewhere. | 总得有办法拿到烟头 |
[38:18] | Which means they had to intersect with Elliot at some point. | 也就是说那人在某个时候跟埃利奥特有交集 |
[38:21] | If we can figure out where and when — | 如果我们找到了时间和地点 |
[38:23] | “We,” Mr. Castle? | “我们” 卡塞尔先生 |
[38:26] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[38:28] | But I — | 可我 |
[38:29] | I brought him — on a silver pla– | 我都给你们送大礼了啊 |
[38:32] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[38:35] | I’ll show myself out. | 我自行撤退 |
[38:41] | We were all after the same thing — justice. | 我们追寻的是同一件事 正义 |
[38:44] | Trouble is, when it came to me, | 麻烦的是 在我这 |
[38:45] | Lady Justice had different plans. | 正义女神有别的打算 |
[38:48] | While Beckett and the boys closed in on the killer, | 当贝克特和伙计们接近凶手的时候 |
[38:50] | I had been to the gutter like yesterday’s trash. | 我已如昨日垃圾倒进阴沟 |
[38:54] | It just didn’t seem fair. | 不太公平啊 |
[38:56] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[38:58] | It’s not fair. | 是不太公平 |
[38:59] | Hey! Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[39:00] | I was just, uh, listening to some notes I made | 我在听一些录制的笔记 |
[39:03] | for the ca– I just — what are you doing here? | 查案时录的 你来做什么 |
[39:04] | You know, we took another look at the cigarette butt — | 我们用检查了那个烟头 |
[39:07] | The one with Elliot’s Dna. | 有埃利奥特DNA的那个 |
[39:08] | It turns out it had traces of barbecue sauce on it. | 在上面发现了烧烤汁的残留 |
[39:13] | I thought you said you couldn’t share. | 我记得你说不能跟我分享查案情况 |
[39:15] | I can’t. | 是不能 |
[39:16] | But if you hadn’t shared, | 但如果不是你分享了 |
[39:17] | Then we’d still be looking at Elliot as our killer. | 我们还会把埃利奥特当成凶手 |
[39:20] | And besides, we got the place to ourselves, | 再说这里只有我们俩 |
[39:22] | So who’s gonna know? | 谁会知道呢 |
[39:25] | So, I assume Elliot has had barbecue recently. | 我想埃利奥特最近吃烤肉了 |
[39:28] | Just last week at a rib joint uptown. | 上周 在上城区一家烤排餐馆 |
[39:32] | We scrubbed the security video, | 我们看了监控录像 |
[39:33] | and you’ll never guess who we found | 你绝对猜不到是谁 |
[39:35] | digging through the ash can for one of Elliot’s cigarette butts. | 在烟灰缸里找埃利奥特的烟头 |
[39:40] | No way. That’s our Michael Clayton? | 不会吧 那就是我们的迈克尔·克莱顿 |
[39:41] | Likely hired by whoever is behind all of this | 被幕后黑手雇佣 |
[39:43] | to befriend Shana, whisper in her ear, | 成为莎娜的朋友 透露消息给她 |
[39:45] | and urge her to investigate. | 要她去调查 |
[39:47] | And who ensured – we followed the trail to Radnor. | 并确认我们追查指向拉德诺大学的线索 |
[39:50] | Oh, I wish I could see the look on their face | 真希望能在你们给这人戴手铐时 |
[39:52] | when you slap the cuffs on them. | 看看这人脸上的表情 |
[39:53] | Yeah, well, maybe you can. | 也许你可以看到 |
[39:57] | Mr. Castle. | 卡塞尔先生 |
[39:58] | I got an urgent call to meet you here regarding Shana Baker? | 我接到紧急电话 让我来 说与莎娜·贝克有关 |
[40:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:05] | Yes. Just one final question, Ms. Morris. | 有最后一个问题 莫里斯女士 |
[40:09] | Who hired you to kill Shana Baker | 谁雇你杀了莎娜·贝克 |
[40:10] | and frame Spalding Elliot? | 然后陷害斯伯丁·埃利奥特 |
[40:14] | Wh-what are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[40:16] | I think you know. | 你知道的 |
[40:20] | That’s you retrieving Elliot’s cigarette butt | 那是你 收集埃利奥特的烟头 |
[40:22] | so you could plant it at the crime scene | 以便你能把其放在犯罪现场 |
[40:23] | after you killed Shana. | 在你杀了莎娜之后 |
[40:29] | Nicole Morris, | 妮可·莫里斯 |
[40:29] | you’re under arrest for the murder of Shana Baker. | 你因谋杀莎娜·贝克而被捕 |
[40:33] | You know, I always heard Harrison and Reid | 我一直听说哈里森-里德律所 |
[40:34] | were a killer law firm. | 是家超赞[杀手]的律所 |
[40:36] | Now I know why. | 终于知道原因了 |
[40:42] | Case closed. | 结案 |
[40:48] | You think we’ll ever know who Nicole Morris works for? | 你认为我们会知晓妮可·莫里斯为谁卖命吗 |
[40:51] | Ah, she’s not gonna tell us. | 她不会说的 |
[40:52] | But we did find several large payments | 但我们发现了几笔巨额汇款 |
[40:54] | wired to her account, | 转至她的账户 |
[40:55] | and Elliot is determined to find their source. | 埃利奥特势要找到源头 |
[40:58] | Well, I would be determined, too. | 是我的话 也会劲头十足 |
[40:59] | That guy would be spending time in jail | 如果不是因为小狗闪闪 |
[41:01] | if it wasn’t for a dog named sparkles. | 他要在监狱待很长时间呢 |
[41:03] | And a P.I. named Castle. | 还多亏了私家侦探卡塞尔 |
[41:05] | I’m proud of you. | 真为你骄傲 |
[41:07] | I just — I thought this was another one of your larks, | 我本以为你是闹着玩的 |
[41:09] | a way to kill time, but…you impressed me. | 为了消磨时间 但你让我刮目相看 |
[41:13] | You know, I kind of impressed myself. | 我都有点为自己刮目相看了 |
[41:15] | I got all sorts of ideas for my new book. | 为新书找到了各种点子 |
[41:18] | Just one thing didn’t work out as planned. | 只有一件事没能如愿 |
[41:21] | You know that if this was up to me | 你知道如果依着我 |
[41:23] | that we would be working together, right? | 我们会并肩工作的 |
[41:25] | Yes, but since it’s not and we can’t, | 知道 但不能依着你 我们也无法共事 |
[41:28] | I was wondering how you’d feel if I… | 我在想 如果我把私家侦探这差事 |
[41:31] | kept with this for a while. | 继续一段时间 你怎么想 |
[41:35] | Don’t move. | 别动 |
[41:43] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[41:45] | It’s my answer. | 我的答案 |
[41:54] | I’m so gonna wear this to work tomorrow! | 我明天要戴着这个去上班 |
[41:57] | Keep going. There’s something else. | 接着看 还有呢 |
[42:03] | So, maybe you can use that to locate an actual client. | 也许你可以用它寻找下一个客户 |
[42:07] | I think I see something I like better already. | 我找到了更想看的东西 |
[42:11] | You care to go into the other room and…Share? | 你想进卧室一起分享吗 |
[42:14] | On one condition. | 有一个条件 |
[42:15] | – What? – The hat stays on. | -什么 -帽子要一直戴着 |