时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Did you see that tunic | 你看到昨天 |
[00:05] | Professor Jablonski was wearing yesterday | 高级款式课上雅布隆斯基教授 |
[00:08] | – in advanced draping? – I know. | -穿的那件束腰外衣了吗 -可不是 |
[00:10] | It was very “sad cat lady meets David Bowie.” | 简直就是孤独养猫老太太加大卫·鲍伊[英国音乐人] |
[00:12] | This is what it’s come to — dumpster-diving to find fabric | 我们就沦落到这个地步了 在垃圾箱里找布料 |
[00:15] | for our midterm haute couture project. | 准备我们的期中高级女式时装作业 |
[00:18] | Well, you know what they say. | 俗话说得好 |
[00:19] | One man’s trash is another man’s — | 一个人的垃圾是另一个人的… |
[00:22] | – I think I found something. – Oh! Me too! | -我好像有发现 -我也是 |
[00:25] | It’s stuck. | 卡住了 |
[00:26] | That’s because we’re both tugging on it. | 因为我们在拽一件东西 |
[00:28] | – Let go. – I had it first. | -放手 -我先拿到的 |
[00:31] | Oh, this fabric is just to die for. | 这布料真是要迷死人了 |
[00:35] | The lace, the decolletage — | 这蕾丝 低切领围 |
[00:37] | This would look stunning on you — just stunning. | 你穿一定美极了 必须的 |
[00:39] | You know… I… | 那个…我… |
[00:41] | Mother, what are you trying to force on my lovely fiance? | 老妈 你要逼我可爱的未婚妻做什么 |
[00:44] | No, no, no, no, no. | 我没有啊 |
[00:45] | I am just trying to expose Katherine | 我只是想向凯瑟琳介绍 |
[00:47] | to the glorious world of wedding magazines. | 各种美妙绚丽的婚礼杂志 |
[00:50] | They are all very girly, with a lot of gauzy photos | 这些杂志都很女性化 有很多痴情新娘 |
[00:53] | of love-struck brides looKing off into the distance. | 身着薄纱衣物 目光投向远方的照片 |
[00:56] | Perhaps they’re contemplating the 50% divorce rate. | 或许他们在思考高达50%的离婚率 |
[00:58] | You know what, you need to get beyond the fairytale-treacle aspect | 不要被这些杂志的梦幻的表面迷惑 |
[01:02] | of these magazines and see them for what they are — | 要以他们的本质作用看待他们 |
[01:05] | a source of ideas as you plan your wedding. | 为你筹划婚礼提供思路的源泉 |
[01:08] | Yeah. | 有道理 |
[01:09] | Like this place. | 看这里 |
[01:11] | The Cordova House? | 科尔多瓦宅邸 |
[01:13] | Uh, “A landmark Spanish revival mansion | 标志性的西班牙殖民复兴风格宅邸 |
[01:16] | with an elegant carriage-house exterior.” | 外围还有优雅的停车库 |
[01:18] | “It was built at the turn of the century, | 始建于世纪之交 |
[01:20] | remains an enduring legacy of architectural beauty | 是建筑美学的永恒遗产 |
[01:22] | in the heart of Manhattan.” | 就位于曼哈顿中心 |
[01:25] | I remember the Cordova House. | 我记得这里 |
[01:27] | It was like a cultural venue for the arts in the ’70s. | 70年代的时候 那里是一个艺术场馆 |
[01:30] | I think I went to a party there. | 我好像去哪里参加过一个派对 |
[01:32] | Of course, it was the ’70s, so I can’t be sure. | 不过那是70年代嘛 所以我也拿不准 |
[01:35] | This says it’s been refurbished. | 这上面说他们进行了翻修 |
[01:36] | And they’ve started to book weddings. | 并且开始接受婚礼预定了 |
[01:38] | – I love it. – It’s gorgeous. | -我很喜欢 -这里真美 |
[01:41] | Could it be that we’ve stumbled upon a venue we actually agree on. | 莫非我们偶然找到了一个我们都认同的婚礼场所 |
[01:44] | Yeah! I mean, I’m good with it. Are you? | 是啊 至少我挺喜欢 你呢 |
[01:52] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[01:52] | – Ah! Thank you. – Yeah, thank you. Sorry. | -谢谢 -对了 谢谢 抱歉 |
[01:54] | I’m gonna make, um… Some inquiries right now. | 我这就打电话问问 |
[01:57] | Uh, you’re gonna have to do it while we’re worKing a case. | 你得在我们查案的时候打了 |
[02:02] | Okay. Thank you. I appreciate it. All right. | 好的 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[02:04] | Apparently, we aren’t the only ones who read that article. | 看来我们不是唯一读了那篇报道的人 |
[02:06] | The event planner at the Cordova House | 科尔多瓦宅邸的活动策划人 |
[02:08] | said they’ve been swamped with calls. | 说他们接到了无数电话 |
[02:09] | Okay. When’s their next available date? | 好吧 那他们什么时候有空挡 |
[02:11] | She said she’s gonna call me back. | 她说她会给我回音 |
[02:13] | Hey, Espo, what have we got? | 埃斯波 什么情况 |
[02:14] | A body found by two fashion students dumpster-diving for fabric. | 两个在垃圾箱里找布料的服装学生发现一具尸体 |
[02:17] | Victim’s name is Ella Hayes. She’s 26. | 被害人名叫艾拉·海因斯 26岁 |
[02:20] | According to her driver’s license, | 她驾照上写着 |
[02:21] | she has an apartment in Brooklyn. | 她的公寓在布鲁克林 |
[02:23] | What’s she doing down here in the Garment District? | 那她怎么跑到制衣区来了 |
[02:24] | Maybe something work related. | 或许是工作上的事 |
[02:25] | Her business card says that she works for Modern Fashion. | 她名片上写着她在《当代时尚》工作 |
[02:29] | She’s an assistant to the editor-in-chief. | 她是主编的助理 |
[02:30] | Yeah, that would be Matilda King. | 主编是玛蒂尔达·金 |
[02:34] | – Okay. – Seriously? | -好吧 -不是吧你 |
[02:35] | You’ve never heard of Matilda King? | 你不知道玛蒂尔达·金吗 |
[02:37] | I’m betting that most real men haven’t. | 大部分真男人都不知道吧 |
[02:39] | Mm, yes, if by “real” you mean “uninformed.” | “真男人”是”消息闭塞”的意思吧 |
[02:41] | Whatever. | 随你怎么说 |
[02:42] | Matilda King is a legend in the fashion industry. | 玛蒂尔达·金是时尚界的传奇人物 |
[02:44] | Or infamous — depends on your point of view. | 或者说是臭名昭著 看你怎么看待她了 |
[02:46] | Yes. Former assistants of hers | 是啊 她的前助理 |
[02:48] | have written books about how tough she is. | 曾写书披露她有多难伺候 |
[02:50] | A dragon lady — chews people up and spits them out. | 母夜叉 能把人生吞活剥 |
[02:53] | Does she also strangle ’em? | 她还用勒杀吗 |
[02:54] | ’cause that’s how Lanie said our vic died. | 因为蕾妮说死者是死于勒杀 |
[02:56] | Hey, Lanie. | 早啊 蕾妮 |
[02:57] | So, the murder weapon was a scarf, a sash, or something. | 凶器是一条围巾 还是肩带什么的 |
[03:01] | – Okay. When did this happen? – Based on lividity, | -死亡时间呢 -从尸斑来看 |
[03:03] | between 12:00 and 2:00 a.m. | 是午夜到凌晨两点间 |
[03:05] | I also recovered some blue hairs on her neck | 我还从她脖子上找到一些蓝色毛发 |
[03:08] | left by the attacker. | 是袭击者留下的 |
[03:09] | Blue hairs? | 蓝色毛发 |
[03:11] | So she was killed by a little old lady? | 那么她是被老太太杀死的 |
[03:12] | Or…Katy Perry. | 或者水果姐 |
[03:16] | Animal hairs that were died blue, Castle. | 这是染成蓝色的动物毛发 卡塞尔 |
[03:19] | Or… A Dr. Seuss character. | 那就是…苏斯博士笔下的人物 |
[03:21] | I don’t recall any of them being homicidal. | 我记得他们不是杀人狂啊 |
[03:24] | That’s true. I need a new theory. | 是啊 我得再想个理论 |
[03:26] | Well, I’ve got one. | 我有 |
[03:27] | Our killer was strong. | 凶手很强壮 |
[03:28] | And he or she was able to lift the body into the dumpster. | 能把尸体抬起来扔进垃圾箱 |
[03:31] | Espo, can you get uniforms to canvass the area for any witnesses? | 埃斯波 让警员盘查这一带 寻找目击者 |
[03:34] | Castle and I will go to her work. | 我和卡塞尔去她单位 |
[03:35] | You and Ryan head off to her place — | 你和莱恩去她家 |
[03:37] | see if there’s anything there that’ll indicate | 看看那儿有没有什么线索能告诉我们 |
[03:38] | – why she was here last night. – Right on. | -她昨晚为什么会来这儿 -好的 |
[03:43] | Ella and I went to Parsons together. | 我和艾拉一起上的帕森学院 |
[03:46] | And then we’ve been roommates for the past two years. | 我们做了两年室友了 |
[03:49] | I still can’t believe this. | 我还是难以相信 |
[03:52] | When was the last time you saw her? | 你最后见到她是什么时候 |
[03:54] | Yesterday morning. | 昨天早上 |
[03:55] | She was up at 5:00, like always, and then out the door | 她像往常一样五点起床 然后出门 |
[03:58] | to get Matilda’s coffee and cranberry scone on her way to the office. | 上班路上还要给玛蒂尔达买咖啡和蔓越橘烤饼 |
[04:01] | What about after work — did you see her then? | 下班后呢 你看到她了吗 |
[04:03] | No. I’m a buyer at Saks, so I don’t get home till late. | 没 我是萨克斯百货的采购员 总是很晚回家 |
[04:06] | Did Ella have a boyfriend or a relationship? | 艾拉有男友 或者情人什么的吗 |
[04:09] | No. | 没有 |
[04:10] | She was on call for Matilda 24/7, | 她要全天为玛蒂尔达待命 |
[04:12] | so she didn’t have time for relationships… | 所以根本没时间经营感情 |
[04:15] | Or for the one thing that she really wanted to do. | 和她真正想做的事 |
[04:18] | – Which was what? – Design. | -什么事 -设计服装 |
[04:23] | She hoped working at Modern Fashion would open doors for her. | 她本期望在《当代时尚》工作能给她更多机会 |
[04:27] | Was Ella having any problems that you know of? | 据你所知 艾拉遇到什么麻烦了吗 |
[04:29] | Um… She had been stressed lately, | 她最近压力很大 |
[04:31] | a little more than usual. | 比平时的压力还大 |
[04:33] | I asked her. She said it was work, but she didn’t go into details. | 我问她时 她只说是工作上的事 没详说 |
[04:37] | Lilian, if you don’t mind, | 莉莉安 如果可以的话 |
[04:38] | I’d like to have an officer come by and take your statement. | 我想找个警官过来给你做笔录 |
[04:40] | Of course. Anything I can do to help. | 当然 我会尽力帮忙 |
[04:44] | Oh, we don’t get cell reception in here. | 我们这里没有信号 |
[04:46] | – You can use my landline if you like. – Thanks. | -用我的座机吧 -谢谢 |
[04:49] | Here’s my card. | 这是我的名片 |
[04:51] | If you can remember anything else, please give me a call, okay? | 如果你又记起了什么 请给我打电话 |
[04:53] | Yeah. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[05:02] | Well, this is it — | 我们到了 |
[05:04] | The big leagues for anyone who wants to work in fashion. | 时尚界的职业联盟 |
[05:08] | Wow. Apparently, you have to be a total hottie just to work here. | 看来要在这儿工作都必须是辣妹 |
[05:11] | And I’m saying that as a completely detached, | 我是以一个完全不在乎这一切的 |
[05:13] | soon-to-be-married observer. | 准新郎的身份说这话的 |
[05:15] | – It’s okay, Castle. Stare all you want. – Really? | -没事 卡塞尔 看吧 -真的吗 |
[05:18] | Actually, no. But it’s kind of hard not to. | 不行 不过想不看都难 |
[05:20] | I mean, Matilda only hires people | 玛蒂尔达只雇那些 |
[05:22] | that fit the magazine’s brand. You have to…Look the part. | 符合杂志风格的人 你必须看上去像那么回事 |
[05:25] | You seem to know a lot about Matilda King. | 你对玛蒂尔达·金似乎很了解啊 |
[05:27] | Yeah, well, I’ve picked up a thing or two. | 总会听到些传闻嘛 |
[05:28] | Hi. NYPD. We need to speak with Matilda King. | 你好 纽约警察 我们要找玛蒂尔达·金 |
[05:31] | Do you have an appointment? | 你预约了吗 |
[05:32] | D– oh, I think you missed the part about the NYPD. | 你没听清她是警察吧 |
[05:34] | Please. | 拜托 |
[05:35] | I just took over this desk, this morning. | 我今天早上才刚刚接管这份工作 |
[05:37] | She’s going to freak out if I add you to the schedule. | 如果我把你加入她的日程她会发疯的 |
[05:40] | Do you have any idea what happened to the last assistant? | 你们知道之前的那个助理有多惨吗 |
[05:42] | Yes. She’s dead. | 知道 她死了 |
[05:44] | Dead? What do you mean? | 死了 什么意思 |
[05:47] | – No, no, no, no. – Oh, God. Here she comes. | -不行 -天呐 她来了 |
[05:49] | I won’t take no for an answer. | 我绝不接受拒绝 |
[05:50] | You must join us on the yacht. | 你必须一起上游艇 |
[05:52] | Giorgio will show his new collection. | 乔治会展出他的新作品 |
[05:55] | Gordon Ramsay is cooking. | 戈登·拉姆齐下厨 |
[05:57] | Lady Gaga is performing. | Lady Gaga要来表演 |
[05:59] | Pushing the boundaries of style — | 再次推动时尚的极限 |
[06:01] | No doubt, in the wrong direction. | 不过当然是往错误的方向推动 |
[06:03] | So, let me know. | 给我回话哦 |
[06:06] | – New assistant. – It’s Carrie. | -你是新助理 -我叫凯莉 |
[06:08] | I’ll learn your name when you’ve earned it. Here. | 你要是合格了我会记住你的名字的 给 |
[06:11] | Oh, uh, these are your messages, | 这些是给你的留言 |
[06:13] | and Julian Bruckner is waiting in your office. | 朱利安·布鲁克纳在你办公室等你 |
[06:15] | And who is this? | 这是谁 |
[06:17] | Uh…NYPD. | 纽约警察 |
[06:19] | We need to ask you a few questions, Ms. King. | 我们要问你几个问题金女士 |
[06:22] | Kate Beckett? | 凯特·贝克特 |
[06:25] | I never could forget those cheekbones. | 我一直忘不掉那对颧骨 |
[06:27] | Uh, what — you two know each other? | 你们认识 |
[06:29] | Uh…Yeah. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:31] | When I was a model… for about 15 minutes. | 我做模特时认识的 不过只做了很短的时间 |
[06:34] | You modeled for Modern Fashion? | 你为《当代时尚》做过模特 |
[06:37] | I offered her a spread in the January ’99 issue. | 我提出在99年1月的期刊上给她一个位置 |
[06:40] | Nicole Kidman was on the cover. | 那一期封面是妮可·基德曼 |
[06:42] | And you passed. | 你却拒绝了 |
[06:44] | To date, you’re the only person to ever tell me no. | 直至今日 你还是唯一拒绝我的人 |
[06:48] | I’m wall-to-wall. | 我现在忙得很 |
[06:49] | We’ll have to reschedule. | 我们再约吧 |
[06:50] | Uh, get ready to be told no again. | 你又要遭到顶撞了 |
[06:52] | We need to ask you a few questions | 我们要问你几个问题 |
[06:53] | about your assistant, Ella Hayes. | 是关于你的助理 艾拉·海因斯 |
[06:55] | It cannot wait. | 而且等不得 |
[06:57] | We’ll talk in my office. Hold my calls. | 去我办公室谈吧 电话不要接进来 |
[06:59] | By the way, Ella is my former assistant. | 对了 艾拉是前助理了 |
[07:09] | Be right with you, Julian. | 稍等一下 朱利安 |
[07:12] | Uh, so, what do you mean by “former”? | 你说前助理是什么意思 |
[07:14] | I fired her yesterday afternoon, | 我昨天下午炒掉了她 |
[07:16] | after she made a scheduling mistake | 她的日程安排错了 |
[07:19] | and I showed up to a board meeting late. | 害我晚到了一个董事会议 |
[07:22] | And that was after her mistake last week, | 她上周还犯过类似错误 |
[07:24] | when I kept the new owner of our magazine waiting for 45 minutes. | 结果我让杂志的新东家等了我45分钟 |
[07:28] | Matilda, have you seen the proofs from the “Fab Five” photo shoot? | 玛蒂尔达 你看到”美妙五人”摄影的校样了吗 |
[07:32] | They are divine. | 真是美极了 |
[07:33] | They’d better be, Julian. | 希望如此 朱利安 |
[07:35] | So far, everything you’ve submitted has been rather distrait. | 你目前拿给我的东西可都不怎么样 |
[07:38] | Oh, Matilda, these designers are barely out of diapers. | 玛蒂尔达这些设计师都还乳臭未干 |
[07:41] | E-excuse me. Sorry. | 抱歉 打扰一下 |
[07:44] | We’re investigating a murder here. | 我们在调查凶杀案 |
[07:46] | Murder? | 凶杀 |
[07:48] | Of whom? | 谁死了 |
[07:49] | Your former assistant, Ella. | 你的前助理艾拉 |
[07:51] | El– Ella’s dead? How? | 艾拉死了 怎么死的 |
[07:54] | That’s what we’re trying to figure out. | 我们也想搞清楚 |
[07:55] | Now, do you know if she had any problems? | 你们知道她有什么麻烦吗 |
[07:59] | You don’t think this had anything to do with that incident with Grace? | 这不会跟她和格蕾丝的事有关吧 |
[08:02] | What incident? | 什么事 |
[08:03] | And who’s Grace? | 谁是格蕾丝 |
[08:05] | Grace is my other assistant, whom I fired | 格蕾丝是我另一个助理 也被我炒了 |
[08:08] | because she allowed the scheduling mistakes to happen. | 因为她没有及时纠正日程安排的错误 |
[08:11] | And what was the incident? | 那她俩之间有什么事 |
[08:13] | Well, apparently, yesterday, when Ella and Grace | 昨天艾拉和格蕾丝 |
[08:15] | were escorted out of the building by security, | 由保安护送离开的时候 |
[08:17] | they literally got into a brawl, | 大打出手 |
[08:18] | right in the middle of a photo shoot. | 就在摄影现场 |
[08:20] | The photographer, Serge, had to break it up. | 摄影师塞奇不得不出手阻止 |
[08:22] | Yeah. The two of them really went at it. | 是啊 她俩真的是大动干戈 |
[08:24] | I mean, it was a full-on catfight. | 牟足了力气的小妞大战 |
[08:26] | It was actually kind of sexy. | 还挺性感的 |
[08:27] | What exactly was the fight about? | 她俩为什么打架 |
[08:29] | It was about the job. Okay? | 为了工作 |
[08:31] | I overheard Grace blame Ella for — for getting her fired. | 我听到格蕾丝怪艾拉害她丢了饭碗 |
[08:34] | Serge! | 塞奇 |
[08:35] | How long will this take? | 还要多久 |
[08:36] | I’m up against a deadline to finish my design. | 我完成设计的最后期限就要到了 |
[08:38] | You’ll be here as long as it takes to make Matilda happy. | 为了取悦玛蒂尔达 你就在这儿等着吧 |
[08:43] | The mantra we all live by. | 我们都要遵从的咒语 |
[08:45] | Uh, did you remember any other details about the fight? | 关于那场打斗你还记得其它细节吗 |
[08:47] | I can do better than that. I can show you something. | 不止记得 我可以给你们看 |
[08:49] | I was shooting at the time. | 我当时在摄影 |
[08:50] | And got a few frames with them in the background. | 拍到了几张她们出现在背景里的照片 |
[08:56] | There. Check it out. | 就这儿 看吧 |
[08:57] | Can…you zoom in on that? | 能放大她俩吗 |
[08:59] | Sure. | 能 |
[09:01] | Check out Grace’s scarf. | 看格蕾丝的围巾 |
[09:04] | Lanie said she found blue hairs | 蕾妮说艾拉是被勒杀 |
[09:05] | on Ella’s neck from being strangled. | 且在颈部发现了蓝色毛发 |
[09:07] | Looks like Grace was dressed to kill. | 看来格蕾丝穿着杀人装束 |
[09:19] | Look, I grew up reading Modern Fashion. | 我从小看着《当代时尚》长大的 |
[09:23] | Working for Matilda King, that was my dream. | 为玛蒂尔达·金工作简直是我的梦想 |
[09:26] | But when Matilda fires someone, people remember, | 被玛蒂尔达解雇的人 圈内都记得 |
[09:28] | which means my career in fashion is pretty much done, | 也就是说我在时尚圈基本混不下去了 |
[09:31] | thanks to Ella. | 多亏了艾拉 |
[09:32] | Because you believed it was her fault that you got fired. | 你认为你被炒是她的错 |
[09:34] | It was her fault. | 就是她的错 |
[09:35] | She started making mistakes because she was so busy | 她之所以会犯错 是因为她忙于 |
[09:38] | sucking up to designers like Yumi | 拍优美那种设计师的马屁 |
[09:40] | and showing off her sketches, and I paid the price. | 还有炫耀她的草图 却害我付出了代价 |
[09:42] | Which is why you killed her. | 所以你杀了她 |
[09:44] | What are you even talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[09:46] | We got in a fight. That was it. | 我俩打了一架 就这样而已 |
[09:47] | Okay, okay. Then explain this. | 好吧 那解释一下这个 |
[09:50] | This blue alpaca scarf was found at your apartment. | 这条蓝色羊驼毛围巾是在你公寓里找到的 |
[09:53] | It’s an exact match to the hairs | 跟艾拉被勒死后 |
[09:55] | found on ella’s neck after she was strangled. | 颈部残留的毛发完全匹配 |
[09:57] | Come on. Other people have that scarf. | 拜托 这围巾又不止我一个人有 |
[09:59] | Yeah, but you’re the only one with motive. | 是的 但就你有杀人动机 |
[10:01] | It was the Christmas gift from Modern Fashion. | 这围巾是《当代时尚》送的圣诞礼物 |
[10:03] | We all got the scarf. | 每个人都有 |
[10:05] | Maybe Ella was wearing hers and someone choked her with it. | 也许艾拉当时正围着 凶手就用来勒死了她 |
[10:10] | Where were you between 12:00 and 2:00 a.m., Grace? | 你凌晨12点到2点在哪 格蕾丝 |
[10:12] | I’d just gotten fired. | 我刚被炒鱿鱼 |
[10:13] | Some friends took me out and got me drunk. | 几个朋友带我出去喝酒了 |
[10:15] | – You can ask them. – I will. | -你可以问他们 -我会的 |
[10:17] | In the meantime, let’s talk about Ella. | 同时 我们再说说艾拉的事 |
[10:19] | Her roommate thought that she was having trouble at the office. | 她室友觉得她最近工作上有点麻烦 |
[10:22] | You worked with her. You know what it was? | 你跟她共事 知道是什么麻烦吗 |
[10:25] | Actually, there was something else. | 好像是有点事 |
[10:28] | A few days ago, at lunchtime, | 几天前 午餐时间 |
[10:30] | I saw her arguing with this guy outside the building. | 我看到她跟一个男人在公司大楼外面争执 |
[10:33] | Did you recognize him? | 你认得他吗 |
[10:34] | I’d never seen him before. | 以前从没见过 |
[10:36] | But I overheard them, and he was threatening her. | 但我听到他在威胁她 |
[10:38] | He said she had something he wanted | 他说她手上有他要的东西 |
[10:40] | and he wouldn’t take no for an answer. | 她必须交出来 |
[10:41] | – And what was her reaction? – She said she was gonna call the police | -她什么反应 -她说他再来找她的话 |
[10:44] | if he didn’t leave her the hell alone, and then he stormed off. | 就要报警 然后他就气冲冲地走了 |
[10:47] | I-I tried to ask her what it was all about, | 我问过她是怎么回事 |
[10:49] | but she wouldn’t tell me. | 但她不肯说 |
[10:50] | Do you remember him well enough to help us with a sketch? | 你还记得他的样貌 能帮我们做素描画像吗 |
[10:52] | I think so. | 应该可以 |
[10:54] | Okay, this is the guy who threatened Ella. | 这就是威胁艾拉的人 |
[10:57] | So, you believe Grace’s story? | 你相信格蕾丝的说法 |
[10:58] | Well, her alibi checks out. | 她的不在场证明核实了 |
[11:00] | And UNIS found two witnesses that saw him arguing with Ella. | 制服警员还找到两名目击者看到他跟艾拉争执 |
[11:03] | Ella was basically a glorified assistant. | 艾拉美其名是个助手 |
[11:05] | What could she possibly have had that this man wanted? | 能有什么是这个男人想要的呢 |
[11:08] | Well, think about it, Castle. | 你想啊 卡塞尔 |
[11:09] | Matilda King is the most influential person in fashion, | 玛蒂尔达·金是时尚界最有影响力的人物 |
[11:12] | and Ella had direct access to her world. | 艾拉跟她又有直接联系 |
[11:14] | So you’re saying this man leveraged Ella | 你是说这个人威胁艾拉 |
[11:17] | to find out what direction hemlines are going next season? | 来搞清楚下季裙边的走向 |
[11:21] | I just came up with a new title. | 我刚想到了一个新标题 |
[11:23] | “Murder is the new black.” | “谋杀正当时” |
[11:25] | Does that even make sense? | 这话讲得通吗 |
[11:26] | No, it doesn’t. And here’s something else that doesn’t make sense. | 讲不通 还有件说不通的事 |
[11:29] | Did you guys find something | 你们在艾拉的公寓里 |
[11:29] | – at Ella’s apartment? – You could say that. | -发现了什么吗 -可以这么说 |
[11:31] | I went to use the landline, | 我用座机的时候 |
[11:32] | and I noticed some static when I got near a lamp. | 注意到靠近灯的位置有干扰音 |
[11:34] | When we popped that lamp open, look what we found inside. | 把灯拆开之后 瞧我们发现了什么 |
[11:36] | A bug? | 窃听器 |
[11:38] | Why would someone bug Ella’s apartment? | 为什么有人会窃听艾拉的公寓 |
[11:40] | Because… she is “La Femme Nikita”, | 因为她是”尼基塔女郎” |
[11:43] | and her job at Modern Fashion is just a cover. | 她在《当代时尚》的工作只是伪装身份 |
[11:46] | She’s not “La Femme Nikita.” | 她不是”尼基塔女郎” |
[11:47] | Still, wiretaps, threats from mysterious men, murder — | 窃听 来自神秘人的威胁 谋杀 |
[11:51] | Whatever’s going on here, it’s bigger than fashion. | 发生的一切 牵扯到的不止是时尚 |
[11:53] | Okay, see if you can get a serial number. | 查查看能不能找到序列号 |
[11:55] | Let’s figure out who bought that bug. | 查出这个窃听器是谁买的 |
[11:59] | All right. Thank you very much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[12:02] | That was the event planner at the Cordova House. | 是科尔多瓦宅邸的活动策划人打来的 |
[12:04] | They said they still have a few spots open in the fall. | 他们说秋天还有可预订的日子 |
[12:07] | She can give us a tour tonight. | 今晚她可以带我们参观一下 |
[12:09] | Whoo-hoo! Let’s do it. | 那就这么定了 |
[12:10] | – So, where are we on watergate? – So, the plot thickens. | -水门事件进展如何了 -事情越发复杂了 |
[12:13] | The building manager at Ella’s apartment | 艾拉公寓的楼管 |
[12:15] | remembers letting an exterminator into her place about a month ago. | 记得一个月前放进去过一个灭虫员 |
[12:18] | Usually, exterminators get rid of bugs. | 通常来说 灭虫员清理虫子[双关] |
[12:20] | Only this one didn’t. | 但这位却不然 |
[12:22] | The company that he worked for doesn’t exist. | 他所在的公司并不存在 |
[12:25] | I mean, what is this about, Castle? | 这都是为了什么呢 卡塞尔 |
[12:26] | Why would someone target Ella? | 为什么有人会把艾拉作为目标 |
[12:28] | Well, you already heard and rejected my theory. | 我说了但你驳回了我的理论 |
[12:30] | Yeah, but your theory doesn’t explain the little detail | 但你的理论并不能解释 |
[12:32] | that Lanie just found out. | 蕾妮发现的细节 |
[12:34] | There’s black coral on the sole of Ella’s shoe, | 艾拉鞋底沾着黑珊瑚 |
[12:36] | and it wasn’t from the dumpster. | 黑珊瑚不是垃圾箱里的 |
[12:38] | Well, that doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[12:39] | Black coral is found in the tropics. | 黑珊瑚是热带地区的 |
[12:41] | Exactly. So how did this end up on her shoe? | 正是如此 这东西怎么会粘到她鞋上 |
[12:43] | – Yo, Beckett. – And Castle. | -贝克特 -加上卡塞尔 |
[12:45] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[12:46] | So, no look on the serial number | 序列号上没有发现 |
[12:48] | but we got a hit off the canvass of the crime scene. | 但对犯罪现场排查后有了重大发现 |
[12:50] | A seamstress coming off the late shift saw a guy wait on the corner | 一个女裁缝下了夜班后看到街角有个人 |
[12:53] | right near the alley where Ella was killed. | 就等在艾拉被害的小巷子旁 |
[12:54] | We get a description? | 知道他长相了吗 |
[12:55] | Yeah, and he matches our sketch. | 嗯 和画像相符 |
[12:58] | Yes. That’s him. | 对 就是他 |
[13:00] | He was standing by the alley | 我路过时 |
[13:01] | outside the broadway coffee shop when I walked by. | 他就站在百老汇咖啡店外的小巷里 |
[13:03] | And what time was this? | 那时候几点 |
[13:04] | Just after midnight. | 刚过午夜 |
[13:06] | Do you recall how tall he was, what he wore? | 你还记得他多高吗 穿着怎样 |
[13:09] | Fabric is my business. | 我就是搞面料的 |
[13:10] | He wore a dark suit — nice quality, wool blend. | 他穿了件深色西装 高品质羊毛混纺的 |
[13:14] | Oh, and he had a distinctive striped tie — | 还戴了条显眼的条纹领带 |
[13:16] | crimson and navy with gold triangles across the stripes. | 深红和深蓝色条纹上有金色三角形交叉 |
[13:20] | That sounds like a club tie. | 像是俱乐部的领带 |
[13:21] | Crimson and navy — yes, I know that one. | 深红和深蓝色 我知道那个 |
[13:23] | Gold triangles. That’s the Carlton Club tie. | 金色三角形 那是卡尔顿俱乐部的领带 |
[13:26] | If we can match that | 如果我们能把画像 |
[13:26] | sketch to one of its members, we got our I.D. | 去和他们的会员配对 就能知道他身份了 |
[13:28] | Yeah, except clubs like that | 但是那样的俱乐部 |
[13:29] | are notoriously protective of keeping their members’ privacy. | 出了名地保护会员隐私 |
[13:32] | They’re not just gonna hand over that information. | 他们不会交出信息的 |
[13:35] | The club won’t, no, but one of its members might. | 俱乐部不会 但是会员可以 |
[13:39] | After a tough negotiation that involved my Knicks tickets | 经过艰苦的谈判 和尼克斯队球票的利诱 |
[13:43] | and naming a character in my next book after his nana, | 外加我下本书里以他祖母冠名一个角色 |
[13:46] | my friend came up with a name — Marcus Conway. | 我朋友终于给了我这个名字 马库斯·康维 |
[13:48] | Okay, so, what do we know about him? | 我们掌握他什么情况 |
[13:49] | He is a lawyer at Kellerman Goodfriend. | 他是凯勒曼·古德菲尔德律所的一名律师 |
[13:52] | That’s one of the city’s biggest law firms. | 那是市里最大的律所之一啊 |
[13:55] | Why is a high-powered lawyer going after Ella? | 为什么一个高端律师会对艾拉紧追不放呢 |
[13:57] | Maybe it has to do with her work. | 可能与她的工作有关 |
[13:59] | Turns out that Marcus Conway | 原来马库斯·康维 |
[14:00] | is general counsel for Couture Chick Magazine. | 是《小妞女装》杂志的总法律顾问 |
[14:02] | That’s “Chic”, and not that you would know, | 是《时尚女装》 你肯定不知道 |
[14:04] | but they are Modern Fashion’s biggest competitor. | 但他们是《当代时尚》最强的竞争者 |
[14:07] | Call Conway’s firm. I want to know where he is. | 联系康维的律所 我要知道他在哪 |
[14:11] | Detective, I would think very carefully | 警探 做出这种指控之前 |
[14:13] | before making these kinds of accusations. | 你得仔细考虑一下 |
[14:15] | Mr. Conway, I am not making any accusations. | 康维先生 我没有做出任何指控 |
[14:18] | I am simply stating fact. | 我只是简单地陈述事实 |
[14:20] | We have a witness that heard you threatening Ella Hayes | 有目击者听到你威胁艾拉·海因斯 |
[14:22] | and another one that saw you near where she was killed. | 还有人看到你出现在她被害地点附近 |
[14:24] | Right about the same time she ended up that way. | 刚好是她遇害的时间 |
[14:26] | You need to explain yourself. | 你得解释一下 |
[14:28] | Marcus, I heard the police are here. | 马库斯 我听说警察来了 |
[14:30] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事 |
[14:31] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[14:32] | Gloria Robins. | 葛洛丽亚·罗宾斯 |
[14:33] | I’m editor-in-chief of Couture Chic. | 我是《时尚女装》的主编 |
[14:35] | They think I murdered Ella Hayes. | 他们认为我杀了艾拉·海因斯 |
[14:37] | What? That’s ridiculous. | 什么 太荒谬了 |
[14:38] | So you know who she is? | 你知道她是谁 |
[14:40] | – This is obviously one huge misunderstanding. – Then clear it up. | -这显然是个大误会 -那就解释清楚 |
[14:43] | Tell me what you know about Ella Hayes. | 告诉我你对艾拉·海因斯的了解 |
[14:47] | We approached Ella and attempted to… | 我们接近艾拉并试图 |
[14:50] | engage her services. | 将她招入麾下 |
[14:51] | So, basically, you tried to hire her | 那就是说你们想雇她 |
[14:53] | to get inside information on Modern Fashion. | 以获取《当代时尚》的内部信息 |
[14:56] | – I wouldn’t put it that way. – Well, I’m pretty sure she would, | -我没那么说 -但她肯定是这么理解的 |
[14:58] | which is why she turned you down. | 所以她拒绝了你 |
[14:59] | And you wouldn’t take no for an answer. | 但是你却不接受拒绝 |
[15:01] | Look, this is a competitive business | 我们这行竞争很激烈的 |
[15:02] | with everyone looking to get an edge. | 谁都想抢占先机 |
[15:04] | Yes, I was aggressive in trying to make a deal, | 没错 我确实着急想达成交易 |
[15:06] | but when she refused and I accepted that, | 但我接受了她的拒绝 |
[15:07] | and I never contacted her again. | 再没和她联系 |
[15:09] | Then why were you less than a block away | 那你能解释一下在死亡时间前后 |
[15:11] | from where she was killed at about the time she died? | 你恰好在案发现场的事实吗 |
[15:14] | Because she called me. | 是她给我打的电话 |
[15:16] | She asked me to meet her last night. | 她昨晚约我见面 |
[15:17] | Why would she do that? | 为什么 |
[15:19] | Probably because matilda just fired her. | 可能是因为玛蒂尔达炒了她吧 |
[15:21] | The bottom line is, she said she had | 总之 她说她有 |
[15:23] | bombshell information on Modern Fashion — | 《当代时尚》的爆炸性内幕 |
[15:25] | information that, if it got out, it would destroy the magazine. | 一旦爆料 一定能毁掉《当代时尚》 |
[15:32] | Mr. Conway, I took a look at Ella’s cellphone records, | 康维先生 我查看了艾拉的通话记录 |
[15:36] | she never called you last night. | 她昨晚没有给你打过电话 |
[15:38] | She did call, and I can prove it. | 她打了 我可以证明 |
[15:41] | She left me a message. | 她还给我留言了 |
[15:42] | Hey, it’s Ella. | 我是艾拉 |
[15:43] | I changed my mind about your offer. | 你的提议我接受了 |
[15:45] | I found out something, | 我有可以毁掉 |
[15:47] | something that’ll ruin Modern Fashion, | 《当代时尚》的消息 |
[15:48] | take down the whole operation. | 让它一败涂地 |
[15:50] | Meet me at the Broadway coffee shop in an hour. | 一小时后百老汇咖啡店见 |
[15:52] | I’ll see you there. | 我等你 |
[15:53] | I waited around for two hours, but she never showed. | 我等了她两个小时 可她一直没露面 |
[15:55] | What information did she want to share? | 她掌握了什么信息 |
[15:57] | Believe me I would love to know, but I have the faintest idea. | 我也想知道 可我毫无头绪 |
[16:00] | What were you trying to hire her to find out? | 你雇她找的是什么消息 |
[16:03] | As you may have heard, | 你也许听说了 |
[16:04] | a tech-venture capitalist named Glen Carter | 一个叫格伦·卡特的高科技投资商 |
[16:07] | bought Modern Fashion last month. | 上个月买下了《当代时尚》 |
[16:09] | Glen has big plans to drag Matilda’s precious little magazine | 格伦计划把玛蒂尔达的宝贝杂志 |
[16:12] | into the digital age. | 带进数码时代 |
[16:14] | – Which are? – Well, that’s what we wanted to know, | -计划内容是 -那也是我们想知道的 |
[16:16] | Since our website has failed to generate new subscription business. | 因为我们网站的网上销售没能带来更多营业额 |
[16:20] | If we could get Modern Fashion’s new playbook, | 所以如果能得到《当代时尚》的新计划 |
[16:23] | It could help us strategize and stay one step ahead. | 我们就能改进战略 抢占先机 |
[16:26] | So, you wanted to hire Ella | 所以 你想让艾拉帮忙 |
[16:28] | so that she could tell you about | 让她告诉你们 |
[16:29] | the new direction the magazine was taking, | 《当代时尚》的新方向 |
[16:31] | and when she turned you down, | 她拒绝了 |
[16:32] | that was the extent of your contact? | 你们就只说了这些 |
[16:34] | Until she called last night. | 直到她昨晚来电话 |
[16:36] | And what about the eavesdropping? | 那窃听器又是怎么回事 |
[16:40] | W-what are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:41] | We found a listening device in Ella’s apartment. | 我们在艾拉的公寓找到了一个窃听器 |
[16:44] | That wasn’t us. We had nothing to do with that. | 不是我们干的 与我们无关 |
[16:47] | So, these records explain why | 这就是我们为什么 |
[16:48] | we missed Ella’s phone calls to Marcus Conway. | 没找到艾拉和马库斯·康维的通话记录 |
[16:51] | She phoned him using her roommate’s landline. | 她是用室友的座机和他联系的 |
[16:53] | So, she told Conway to meet her in the coffee shop in an hour. | 她约康维一小时后在咖啡店见面 |
[16:57] | It would take her about 20 minutes to get there from her apartment, | 她公寓离那儿只有20分钟的路程 |
[16:59] | So she must have been killed on the way there. | 她一定是赴约的路上被杀的 |
[17:01] | That’s a real shame. | 好遗憾 |
[17:03] | Looking at her designs, Ella actually had talent. | 瞧瞧她的设计 她其实很有天赋 |
[17:06] | Yeah, well, the question is, what did she know, | 问题在于 她到底知道了什么 |
[17:09] | and did someone kill her to keep her quiet? | 凶手杀她是不是为了灭口 |
[17:11] | Well, I can’t help you out there, | 这我不知道 |
[17:12] | but I can tell you that Marcus Conway | 我知道的是 在放置窃听器这事上 |
[17:14] | was telling the truth about not planting that bug. | 马库斯·康维确实是清白的 |
[17:17] | Yeah, the serial number led us to a distributor | 窃听器的序列号显示它来自皇后区一家叫 |
[17:18] | named Alternate Intelligence in Queens. | 交替情报的经销商 |
[17:20] | Do they know who brought it? | 他们知道买主是谁吗 |
[17:21] | James kavanaugh paid for that listening device | 一个月前詹姆斯·卡瓦纳用信用卡 |
[17:24] | with a credit card a month ago. | 购买了那个窃听器 |
[17:26] | And when does it get interesting? | 重点在于什么 |
[17:27] | When we found out he was former special forces and, | 在于他不仅是前特种部队成员 |
[17:30] | not to mention, the head of security at Modern Fashion. | 还是现任《当代时尚》的保安队长 |
[17:32] | Wait a minute — Ella was being spied on by her own magazine? | 等等 艾拉是被她自己的公司监视了 |
[17:37] | Oh, Beckett, we have that appointment at the Cordova House. | 贝克特 我们约了去看科尔多瓦宅邸的场馆 |
[17:39] | Oh, Castle, I’m sorry. Duty calls. | 卡塞尔 抱歉 我有任务在身 |
[17:41] | Can — can you go without me | 你自己去行吗 |
[17:43] | and see if it’s as good as the pictures? | 看看是否和照片一样漂亮 |
[17:46] | You trust me to make this decision on my own? | 你信任我的判断吗 |
[17:48] | Can you go with Martha? | 那还是带上玛莎吧 |
[17:52] | We have to bring James Kavanaugh in. | 我们得传讯詹姆斯·卡瓦纳 |
[17:53] | Yeah. | 收到 |
[17:57] | I’m in the security business. I buy lots of equipment. | 我是保安 当然会有相关设备 |
[18:00] | Yeah, well, this equipment was a listening device | 我们在意的是你安装在 |
[18:02] | that you installed in Ella Hayes’ apartment. | 艾拉·海因斯公寓的那个窃听器 |
[18:04] | If you think that, you’re mistaken. | 那不是我装的 |
[18:07] | Really, because we showed your picture | 是吗 可我们给艾拉公寓的楼管 |
[18:09] | to the super at Ella’s building, and he identified you | 看你的照片后 他指认你就是那个 |
[18:12] | as the exterminator he let into her apartment. | 进过她公寓的灭虫员 |
[18:15] | I had nothing to do with what happened to Ella Hayes. | 艾拉·海因斯的死和我无关 |
[18:18] | You broke into her place, you wired it for sound, | 你擅闯她的房间 安装了窃听器 |
[18:21] | and now she’s dead? | 现在她死了 还说与你无关 |
[18:22] | James? | 詹姆斯 |
[18:24] | Think about how that looks, bro. | 你自己觉得别人会怎么想 |
[18:25] | Your best bet is to tell us exactly what you know. | 你最好把知道的都交代清楚 |
[18:29] | All I did was bug her place, okay? | 我只安装了窃听器 没别的了 |
[18:33] | I mean, once Glen Carter bought the magazine, | 格伦·卡特买下杂志之后 |
[18:36] | home monitoring got to be a common practice. | 家庭监听就成了惯例 |
[18:39] | So, Glen Carter ordered the surveillance? | 这么说是格伦·卡特要求设监听的吗 |
[18:40] | No, he didn’t know anything about it. | 不 他并不知道这事 |
[18:43] | It was ordered by Matilda King. | 是玛蒂尔达·金要求的 |
[18:47] | Matilda king. | 玛蒂尔达·金 |
[18:50] | – You sure about that? – Yes, I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -当然 千真万确 |
[18:52] | She got all freaked out about someone coming after her job, | 她害怕有人要抢了她的饭碗 |
[18:56] | so she said she didn’t know who she could trust anymore. | 所以她说再也不知道该相信谁 |
[18:58] | Okay, so, who monitored the audio from Ella’s apartment? | 好 那谁负责监听艾拉的公寓呢 |
[19:02] | Matilda had me set it up | 玛蒂尔达让我装好设备 |
[19:03] | so that it fed directly to her computer. | 所有音频都直接传到她的电脑 |
[19:07] | You realize what this means? | 你知道这说明什么吗 |
[19:11] | Ella called Marcus Conway on the landline, | 艾拉用座机打给马库斯·康维 |
[19:14] | told him she could take down the magazine, | 说她能击垮《当代时尚》 |
[19:16] | and Matilda heard the whole thing. | 而这些话都被玛蒂尔达听到了 |
[19:18] | Okay. Thank you very much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[19:21] | So, the guard in the lobby of the Modern Fashion building | 《当代时尚》大楼的大堂保安 |
[19:24] | saw Matilda leave there last night at 11:30, | 看到玛蒂尔达昨晚11点30离开 |
[19:26] | and she was in a big hurry. | 她走得很匆忙 |
[19:28] | 11:30? | 11点30么 |
[19:29] | Well, that’s right after Ella called Marcus Conway. | 正好是艾拉打电话给马库斯·康维之后 |
[19:32] | Matilda knew that Ella was about to spill the beans | 玛蒂尔达知道艾拉要去告密 |
[19:34] | and bring down the magazine. | 击垮《当代时尚》 |
[19:35] | So Matilda went to stop her. | 于是玛蒂尔达去阻止她了 |
[19:38] | She’s our killer. | 她就是凶手 |
[19:50] | Wait, wait, wait. She’s on a call. | 等等等等 她正在打电话 |
[19:51] | She can call back. | 她可以回电 |
[19:54] | Glen, this magazine is not about tweets or likes on facebook, | 格伦 这杂志并不只是推特转发或脸书点赞 |
[19:59] | for god’s sake! | 我的天呐 |
[20:00] | For 57 years, | 57年来 |
[20:01] | women have been purchasing this magazine for the fashion! | 女性买这本杂志都是为了时尚 |
[20:05] | Matilda, please. | 玛蒂尔达 冷静 |
[20:06] | Whenever they’ve had a bad day at work or at home, | 她们工作不顺心 生活不如意时 |
[20:09] | they’ve come to us! | 她们想到的总是我们 |
[20:10] | We are their escape! We are their fantasy! | 我们让她们逃脱现实 给她们梦幻 |
[20:14] | It’s the clothing that stitches it all together. | 把七零八落的生活拼凑起来的是时装 |
[20:16] | That’s what matters. | 这才是最重要的 |
[20:18] | – We’re done here. – Glen! | -没什么可说了 -格伦 |
[20:22] | Glen! | 格伦 |
[20:29] | Oh. I’m sorry. I didn’t see you there. | 抱歉 没看到你在那 |
[20:33] | You’ve got a hell of a temper, Ms. King. | 金女士 你脾气不小啊 |
[20:36] | It’s not temper. | 这不是脾气 |
[20:38] | It’s frustration. | 这是挫败 |
[20:40] | Glen Carter, our new owner, | 我们的新老板格伦·卡特 |
[20:41] | cares more about money than fashion. | 关心的不是时尚而是金钱 |
[20:43] | Is that why you were paranoid he was gonna replace you? | 就因为这个 所以你疑心他会把你换掉吗 |
[20:47] | I don’t know what you’ve heard, but I’m Matilda King. | 我不知道你听说了什么 但我可是玛蒂尔达·金 |
[20:51] | My name is synonymous with this magazine. | 我代表这本杂志 |
[20:55] | He wouldn’t dare replace me. | 他不敢把我换掉的 |
[20:57] | So then why did you order the monitoring | 那为什么他买下杂志的时候 |
[20:59] | of all of your employees’ conversations | 你要下令监听 |
[21:01] | the moment that he bought the magazine? | 你员工的所有对话呢 |
[21:06] | You are quite the detective. | 确实瞒不过你 |
[21:09] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[21:13] | Yes, since the purchase, rumors have been swirling. | 从杂志被收购开始 谣言便四起 |
[21:17] | I’d like to think that they’re just rumors, | 我也想单纯认为它们只是谣言 |
[21:19] | but I can’t afford to take that chance. | 但我冒不起险 |
[21:22] | I need to know my people are loyal. | 我得确认我的手下绝对忠诚 |
[21:24] | By bugging their homes? | 通过窃听他们住所吗 |
[21:28] | With their permission. | 是经过他们许可的 |
[21:31] | We’ve had some loyalty issues, | 我们曾有过类似状况发生 |
[21:33] | so my lawyers added some fine print | 所以我的律师们在雇佣协议上 |
[21:36] | to their employment agreements. | 增添了些附属细则 |
[21:38] | Do you actually believe that’s gonna fly in court? | 你真的认为这样就能在法庭上脱罪吗 |
[21:42] | My lawyers seem to think so. | 我的律师们是这样想的 |
[21:44] | Now, what does this have to do with your investigation? | 告诉我 这些和你的调查有什么关系 |
[21:48] | Look, given the rumors about your job, | 鉴于你要被换掉的谣言 |
[21:50] | it must have been disconcerting to find out Ella | 当你发现艾拉把不利于《当代时尚》的情报带给对手后 |
[21:52] | was taking damaging information on Modern Fashion to the competition. | 一定非常不安吧 |
[21:56] | To what are you referring? What information? | 你指的是什么 |
[21:59] | We don’t know that. | 我们还不清楚 |
[22:00] | But what we do know is moments after she made the arrangements | 我们只知道就在她安排好 |
[22:04] | to sell that information, | 要卖出那份情报后 |
[22:05] | you were seen running out of here. | 有人看到你跑出去 |
[22:10] | You think that I ran out of here to kill Ella? | 你认为我跑出去是去谋杀艾拉吗 |
[22:14] | Your head of security says that you’re set up | 你的安全主管说你下令安装监听设备 |
[22:16] | to listen to these recordings live on your computer. | 是要在你的电脑上即时听到录音 |
[22:19] | Something I do on the weekend. | 我到周末才听 |
[22:21] | I’m a little busy running a magazine during the week. | 平日里要管理杂志 事务繁忙 |
[22:23] | Yeah, a position that you’re desperate to defend. | 对 这职位你急切地想要保住 |
[22:25] | That’s motive and that’s opportunity. | 这就是作案动机和作案时机 |
[22:27] | I ran out of my office last night | 我昨晚跑出办公室 |
[22:30] | because I was late for drinks with Oscar de la Renta. | 因为我约好和奥斯卡·德拉伦塔喝一杯 要迟到了 |
[22:34] | Feel free to check. | 你尽可以去核实 |
[22:36] | Regarding Ella’s threat to the magazine, | 至于艾拉对杂志的威胁 |
[22:40] | I never heard her say that. | 我从没听过她这么说 |
[22:42] | And you have no idea what Ella was taking to the competition? | 那你也不知道她掌握了什么情报吗 |
[22:45] | None. | 不清楚 |
[22:47] | But if you find out, I’d be curious to know. | 但如果你查出来了 我还是有兴趣知道的 |
[22:52] | Anything else, detective? | 还有什么事吗 探长 |
[22:55] | I’m gonna need those recordings. | 我需要那些录音 |
[23:03] | Hey, Beckett. Matilda’s alibi checks out. | 贝克特 玛蒂尔达的不在场证明确认了 |
[23:06] | She was having drinks with Oscar until about 2:00 a.m. | 她凌晨两点前都在和奥斯卡喝酒 |
[23:09] | So Matilda’s not our killer? | 所以玛蒂尔达不是凶手 |
[23:11] | And we still don’t know what explosive information | 而我们还不知道艾拉带到竞争对手去的 |
[23:13] | Ella was taking to the competition. | 爆炸性的情报是什么 |
[23:16] | I think I may have found something on these audio files | 我在这些音频里的发现 |
[23:17] | that might shed light on that. | 可以帮你们把这件事弄清楚 |
[23:20] | So I have been going though about a week of | 我一直在听近一星期 |
[23:21] | inane conversations between Ella and her roommate. | 艾拉和她室友间的无聊对话 |
[23:24] | But she did place a call on the day of the murder | 她在被杀当晚打了一通电话 |
[23:26] | that was pretty strange. | 非常奇怪 |
[23:27] | Check it out. | 听听看 |
[23:31] | Hey. It’s me — Ella. | 嗨 我是艾拉 |
[23:32] | Something weird is going on inside Modern Fashion. | 《当代时尚》内部发生了奇怪的事 |
[23:35] | I think someone’s targeting me. | 我觉得有人在针对我 |
[23:37] | I need your help. Call me back. | 我需要你的帮助 赶快回电 |
[23:39] | Do we know who’s on the other end of that call? | 我们知道她这是打给谁吗 |
[23:41] | Based on the landline phone records, | 根据这些座机的通话记录 |
[23:42] | the call was placed to someone at Modern Fashion, | 这通电话是打给《当代时尚》的一个人 |
[23:44] | But it was routed through a switchboard, | 但因为线路经由电话总机 |
[23:45] | so it doesn’t show who she was connected to. | 所以无法显示她是打给谁的 |
[23:48] | This directory lists over 100 people that work there. | 这范围可大到在那工作的100多个人 |
[23:50] | Yeah. | 可不是 |
[23:51] | Lucky I have crazy-good hearing. | 幸运的是我有顺风耳 |
[23:53] | Listen to the beginning again. | 再听听开头 |
[23:57] | I had a tech analyze those beeps | 我让个技术员分析了这些哔声 |
[23:58] | And connect them to the corresponding digits. | 然后将它们联系到相应的数字 |
[24:00] | The call was placed to this extension. | 这通电话是打给这个电话分机 |
[24:03] | Armando Montoya. | 阿曼多·蒙托亚 |
[24:05] | – He’s an I.T. tech at modern fashion? – Mm-hmm. | -他是《当代时尚》里的网络技术员 -是的 |
[24:07] | What was Ella doing calling him for help? | 艾拉为什么要向他求助 |
[24:13] | We were friends, you know? | 我们是朋友 |
[24:15] | To most of the people here, I’m invisible, but Ella saw me. | 这里的人都当我是空气 但艾拉没有 |
[24:20] | She was nice. | 她人很好 |
[24:23] | Why did she need your help the day she died? | 她死的那天为什么需要你的帮助 |
[24:25] | She wanted me to look at Matilda’s calendar. | 她想让我看看玛蒂尔达的日程表 |
[24:29] | What for? | 为什么 |
[24:30] | Because Matilda missed some important meetings, | 因为玛蒂尔达错过了一些重要的会议 |
[24:32] | But Ella was sure she entered them | 但是艾拉非常确定她把会议 |
[24:33] | into the calendar correctly. | 都输入到日程表里去了 |
[24:35] | She wanted to know if the calendar had been tampered with. | 她想知道日程表是否被篡改了 |
[24:37] | And — and was it? | 那到底是不是呢 |
[24:39] | Yes, everal entries had been changed over the past couple weeks — | 过去几周 有几处日程被篡改了 |
[24:42] | All in the middle of the night. | 都是在半夜发生的 |
[24:44] | When I showed it to her, | 当我给她看的时候 |
[24:45] | She was convinced that someone was trying to set her up. | 她确信有人想陷害她 |
[24:48] | Well, were you able to tell who made those changes? | 你知道是谁改的吗 |
[24:50] | No, I tracked them all to an I.P. address outside Modern Fashion. | 不知道 我只发现IP地址不在杂志内部 |
[24:54] | It’s the best I could do. | 我只能做到这一步 |
[24:56] | I give her the info | 我告诉她后 |
[24:57] | and she said she was gonna figure out who set her up… | 她说她要找出陷害她的人 |
[25:00] | and make them pay. | 让他们付出代价 |
[25:03] | Next I hear, she’s dead. | 再听到她的消息时 她已经死了 |
[25:06] | Do you still have that I.P. Address? | 你还有那个IP地址吗 |
[25:09] | Yeah. Okay. I’ll have a tech run it down. | 知道了 我会让技术员查查的 |
[25:11] | But why would anyone want to sabotage a fashion assistant? | 但为什么会有人想陷害一个时尚助理呢 |
[25:13] | I don’t know, Espo. | 我不知道 埃斯波 |
[25:14] | If Ella went after whoever’s behind this, maybe she found one. | 如果艾拉在追查幕后主使 也许她找到了 |
[25:18] | All right, well, I’ll give you a call when I get a location. | 如果我查到地址 给你打电话 |
[25:20] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[25:30] | More questions, detective? | 还有问题吗 警探 |
[25:32] | Actually, we found evidence that suggests | 事实上 我们有证据表明 |
[25:34] | Ella wasn’t responsible for screwing up your appointments. | 不是艾拉搞砸了你的会议 |
[25:38] | Someone else changed your calendar — | 有人篡改了你的日程表 |
[25:39] | Someone outside of this office. | 办公室之外的人干的 |
[25:41] | Are you saying that I fired Ella for no reason? | 你是说我无缘无故把艾拉炒了 |
[25:45] | Do you know why someone would have done this to her? | 你知道为什么有人会这样对她吗 |
[25:47] | No. | 不知道 |
[25:50] | But I do know why someone would want to do this to me. | 但我知道为什么有人会这样对我 |
[25:53] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:54] | Ever since Glen Carter bought modern fashion, | 自从格伦·卡特买下《当代时尚》 |
[25:56] | The sharks have been circling. They smell blood. | 那些鲨鱼就游过来了 他们闻到了血腥味 |
[25:59] | So the calendar mistakes made you look bad at a critical time? | 所以日程错误会在这个重要时期影响你的形象 |
[26:04] | Excuse me. | 等我一下 |
[26:07] | Oh, this is just what I need. | 这正是我需要的 太”好”了 |
[26:09] | What’s wrong? | 发生什么事了 |
[26:11] | I have to make a decision in the next half-hour about a dress, | 我要在半个小时内定夺一条要在这期上杂志的裙子 |
[26:13] | this issue, and the model didn’t show up. | 可模特还没出现 |
[26:18] | Detective Beckett. | 贝克特警探 |
[26:22] | You said “No” to me years ago when I offered you a job. | 几年前我给你一份工作时 你拒绝了我 |
[26:26] | Might you do a little favor for me now? | 现在还我一个人情吧 |
[26:33] | Oh, Richard, look at these beautiful antique chandeliers. | 理查德 看看这些漂亮的古董吊灯 |
[26:37] | So, if you’re interested, | 如果你们感兴趣的话 |
[26:39] | I have a couple of slots for fall 2015 still open. | 明年秋天还有两个时段可以预定 |
[26:44] | Excuse me. Did you say “Fall 2015”? | 等等 你是说明年秋天吗 |
[26:46] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[26:47] | When we spoke on the phone, | 当我们在电话里讲的时候 |
[26:48] | I thought…we were speaking of…this fall. | 我以为 我们是在说 今年秋天 |
[26:51] | No way. That’s been booked for months. | 不可能的 几个月前就被预定了 |
[26:54] | Uh, excuse me, but I have to take this call. | 抱歉 但我得接这通电话 |
[26:57] | Look around, and I’ll be right back. | 到处看看 我马上回来 |
[27:00] | Ugh. Well, it is a beautiful venue. | 这的确是个漂亮的礼堂 |
[27:03] | And it’s a long time to wait. | 要等太长时间了 |
[27:05] | Yeah, and a long time to plan. | 是啊 不过准备时间也变长了 |
[27:08] | I just feel like I’ve waited long enough, mother. | 我只是感觉我等得够久了 妈妈 |
[27:11] | I-I don’t want to waste any more time | 我不想在我们再进一步之前 |
[27:12] | before we take the next step. | 浪费任何时间了 |
[27:15] | Then don’t. I’m sure there’s another venue out there | 那就不要等了 我相信还会有 |
[27:19] | that the two of you will just fall in love with. | 你俩都喜欢的礼堂的 |
[27:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:27] | This never happens, | 这样的事从来没发生过 |
[27:29] | but the Friedmans just called off their wedding, | 弗里德曼夫妇刚刚取消了他们的婚礼 |
[27:31] | and we now have an opening for spring. | 这下我们春季就有了空位 |
[27:34] | Spring…2016? | 2016年的春季 |
[27:36] | No, this spring. | 不 今年春季 |
[27:38] | Uh, I have a long list of couples | 我手里有很多夫妇 |
[27:40] | that would snatch this up immediately, | 会不顾一切抢下这个空档的 |
[27:42] | but since you’re here… | 不过既然你们就在这 |
[27:51] | Do you need any help in there? | 你需要帮忙吗 |
[27:53] | No. | 不用 |
[27:54] | You know what, when you asked me to try on a dress and I said yes, | 我之前答应帮你试穿一套礼服的时候 |
[27:57] | I had no idea it was gonna be this kind of a dress. | 完全没有想到会是这样一套礼服 |
[28:08] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[28:11] | It’s amazing. | 真漂亮 |
[28:13] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[28:18] | The embroidery. | 瞧瞧这些刺绣 |
[28:21] | And the Austrian crystal. | 还有奥地利水晶 |
[28:23] | It’s just — just heavenly. | 这真是 真是美妙极了 |
[28:26] | Yeah. It is, isn’t it? | 可不是吗 |
[28:30] | Come. | 来 |
[28:49] | Well, t-this probably would have | 这个也许 |
[28:50] | looked better on the model that didn’t show up. | 也许那个没来的模特穿起来更好看 |
[28:52] | No, don’t be silly. It’s perfect on you. | 不 别傻了 你穿着很完美 |
[28:56] | Trust me. I’m an expert. | 相信我 我可是这方面专家 |
[28:59] | In fact, if I had a daughter, | 假如我有个女儿 |
[29:00] | this is exactly the kind of dress I would want for her. | 我也希望她能穿上这样的礼服 |
[29:04] | You are gonna make a beautiful bride someday. | 你会是一个美丽无比的新娘 |
[29:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:10] | Matilda, we’re ready for the accessories spread in the conference room. | 玛蒂尔达 会议室的配饰展示已经准备好了 |
[29:14] | Excuse me. I’ll be back in five minutes. | 失陪一下 五分钟后回来 |
[29:54] | How’s the venue? | 礼堂怎么样 |
[29:56] | Amazing. Yeah, so amazing. | 棒极了 简直富丽堂皇 |
[29:58] | And they didn’t have any spots open until fall of 2015, | 虽然之前他们要到2015年秋才有空位 |
[30:02] | but a couple just broke up. | 不过后来有一对分手了 |
[30:04] | And their unfortunate misery can be our lifelong joy. | 他们的不幸成就了我们一生的喜悦 |
[30:08] | We can take their spot for the spring. | 我们可以拿下他们今春的空档 |
[30:12] | The spring. | 春天 |
[30:15] | I know. And there’s a lot of couples who want it. | 是的 还有很多夫妇也想要 |
[30:18] | But if I put down a deposit tonight, | 但如果我能在今晚交上押金 |
[30:21] | it’s ours. | 这就是我们的了 |
[30:24] | So, what do you say? | 你觉得怎样 |
[30:31] | Beckett, are you there? | 贝克特 还在吗 |
[30:34] | Yeah. | 在的 |
[30:43] | Okay, but I-I thought we agreed that the venue was amazing. | 可我以为我们一致觉得那个礼堂很棒 |
[30:46] | Yeah, we did. It’s just I started thinking about the details | 是的 只是我想到还有好多事情要做 |
[30:49] | and the planning that we have to do, and I just — | 还要仔细筹备安排 |
[30:51] | I don’t want to rush any of this. | 我不想太着急做这些 |
[30:52] | Okay. If you’re sure that’s it. | 如果你决定了 那就这样 |
[30:54] | Yeah. Yeah, it is. | 就这样吧 |
[30:55] | I — I mean, we’re gonna find another venue, Castle. | 我们会找到另一个礼堂的 卡塞尔 |
[30:58] | It’s gonna be great. | 也一样富丽堂皇 |
[31:00] | Look, if any — | 如果 |
[31:02] | So, a tech was able to track down that I.P. address. | 我们一个技术人员追踪到了那个IP地址 |
[31:04] | Whoever changed that calendar | 更改日程表的人 |
[31:05] | did it from a design studio in SoHo. | 是索霍区的一个设计工作室的 |
[31:07] | Is there any connection between the studio and Modern Fashion? | 《当代时尚》和这个工作室有什么关联吗 |
[31:09] | As a matter of fact, there is. | 事实上 他们有关系 |
[31:11] | It belongs to one of the designers being featured | 这家工作室属于一个被《当代时尚》 |
[31:13] | in Modern Fashion’s “Fab Five” Spread. | “美妙五人”栏目收录的一位设计师 |
[31:16] | Yumi. | 优美 |
[31:16] | Yumi what? | 姓什么 |
[31:18] | Just Yumi. | 就叫优美 |
[31:19] | I guess if you don’t have a last name, you can charge more. | 我猜如果没有姓 你可以收更多的钱 |
[31:21] | So, why would he or someone from his studio | 那为什么他或者他工作室的某人 |
[31:24] | be changing Matilda’s calendar? | 会想要篡改玛蒂尔达的日程表呢 |
[31:26] | I don’t know, but I can tell you this. | 我不知道 不过我知道的是 |
[31:27] | It looks like Ella may have been there the night she was killed. | 艾拉被害当晚去过那个工作室 |
[31:30] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[31:30] | Yumi’s website. | 优美的网站 |
[31:31] | The current design line being produced at his studio | 该工作室当季的设计主题是 |
[31:34] | features dresses embellished with coral, | 有珊瑚装饰的晚礼服 |
[31:37] | And, in addition to the fact that this model is hot, | 除了这个模特非常性感之外 |
[31:40] | she’s wearing black coral. | 她身上穿的黑珊瑚 |
[31:41] | The same kind of coral that Lanie found | 和蕾妮在艾拉鞋底发现的 |
[31:43] | stuck to the bottom of Ella’s shoe. | 是同一种珊瑚 |
[31:45] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[31:46] | I’m probably gonna have to call her in for an interrogation. | 我可能会把她叫来接受询问 |
[31:49] | No, sweetie. | 不 亲爱的 |
[31:50] | You tell little miss all that | 你去和那个大小姐说 |
[31:51] | Yumi says there’s only one diva in this room. | 优美说这里只有一个女王 |
[31:53] | If she doesn’t want to wear the pink Louboutins, | 如果她不想穿那双粉色Louboutins |
[31:55] | she is out of the show. | 那她就别想参加这个秀 |
[31:57] | Models. | 现在的模特 |
[31:58] | The lack of food makes them so very fraught. | 节食让她们变得越来越令人烦心 |
[32:00] | – Uh, Mr. Yumi. – Please, just Yumi. | -优美先生 -叫我优美就行 |
[32:04] | Okay. Yumi. | 优美 |
[32:06] | When was the last time you saw Ella Hayes? | 你最后一次见到艾拉·海因斯是什么时候 |
[32:09] | Ella Hayes? | 艾拉·海因斯 |
[32:10] | Matilda’s assistant — the girl who was killed? | 玛蒂尔达的助理 被杀害的那个女孩 |
[32:13] | Yes, of course. | 是她啊 |
[32:14] | Well, we have reason to believe that she was here last night. | 我们有证据表明她昨晚在这里 |
[32:17] | Yes, she was. | 是的 她在这里 |
[32:19] | Why was she here? | 她来这里做什么 |
[32:20] | She, uh, she came to ask me for a job. | 她想我给她一份工作 |
[32:23] | Really? | 真的 |
[32:24] | I told her I wanted to help, | 我告诉她我很想帮她 |
[32:25] | but there was absolutely nothing I could do. | 但这件事我无能为力 |
[32:28] | When Matilda King fires someone, they are radioactive. | 被玛蒂尔达·金炒了鱿鱼的人 没人敢雇他们 |
[32:32] | Do you have any idea why she was fired? | 你知道她为什么被解雇吗 |
[32:34] | No. | 不知道 |
[32:36] | I think you do. | 我觉得你知道 |
[32:37] | Someone changed Matilda King’s calendar. | 有人篡改了玛蒂尔达·金的日程表 |
[32:40] | Matilda thought it was Ella, but it wasn’t Ella. | 玛蒂尔达以为是艾拉 但其实不是她 |
[32:42] | It was someone from your studio. | 是你工作室的人干的 |
[32:44] | We traced the I.P. address, so did Ella. | 我们追踪到了IP地址 艾拉也追踪到了 |
[32:47] | That’s what she was doing here last night. | 所以她昨晚才会来到这里 |
[32:49] | She wasn’t asking for a job. | 她不是来向你要份工作 |
[32:51] | She was looking to find who made those changes — | 她是来找出是谁篡改了日程表 |
[32:55] | Who ruined her career. | 是谁毁了她的事业 |
[32:56] | And given the fact that you just lied to us, | 鉴于你刚刚对我们撒谎了 |
[32:57] | I am guessing it was you. | 我猜就是你干的 |
[32:59] | Me? | 我 |
[33:01] | Do you have any idea how powerful Matilda King is | 你们知道玛蒂尔达·金在时装产业 |
[33:04] | in the fashion industry? | 有多强大的影响力吗 |
[33:06] | My design is a “Fab Five” winner. | 我的设计是”美妙五人”的得奖作品 |
[33:08] | Matilda’s about to make me famous. | 玛蒂尔达就要让我名声鹊起 |
[33:11] | Messing with her would be career suicide. | 惹了她等于自断前程 |
[33:14] | What could possibly be my motive? | 我怎么可能有杀人动机呢 |
[33:16] | Oh, it’s simple. | 很简单 |
[33:18] | You needed to get her fired. | 你要让她被解雇 |
[33:20] | You needed to discredit her. | 你要诋毁她的名声 |
[33:22] | Why on earth would I do that? | 我究竟为什么要这么做 |
[33:24] | Because your winning “Fab Five” design… | 因为你在”美妙五人”的得奖设计 |
[33:29] | isn’t yours. | 不是出自你之手 |
[33:32] | From Ella’s sketchbook. | 这是艾拉的素描本 |
[33:34] | They’re exactly the same. | 与图片上的一模一样 |
[33:36] | Ella was an aspiring designer. | 艾拉是个有理想抱负的设计师 |
[33:38] | She must have copied me. | 她肯定是模仿我的设计 |
[33:40] | No. Ella’s roommate saw her making those sketches months ago. | 不 艾拉的舍友一个月前已经看到在她绘图了 |
[33:43] | Okay, then. | 这么说 |
[33:44] | If you found it in her sketchbook, | 如果这是出自她的素描本 |
[33:46] | then how did I get it? | 那怎么会在我手上呢 |
[33:47] | Well, Matilda’s other assistant, Grace, | 玛蒂尔达的另一个助理格蕾丝 |
[33:49] | confirmed seeing Ella give you copies of her sketches. | 已经确认了她看见艾拉给你她的复印本 |
[33:53] | Apparently, you had them on you | 很显然 当你去”美妙五人”的展示会议上 |
[33:54] | when you went in on your “Fab five” pitch meeting. | 你就将它据为己有了 |
[33:56] | And from there, the story writes itself. | 从那开始 你就自编自导自演了 |
[33:59] | You showed your designs, | 你展示了自己的设计作品 |
[34:00] | and they just weren’t good enough to make the cut, | 然而你的作品不够好 |
[34:02] | but then the artistic director sees these in your bag — | 但是艺术总监在你的包里看到了这些 |
[34:05] | The fresh, stunning, raw talent — | 这设计新奇 惊艳 蕴玉之石 |
[34:08] | Perfect for the “Fab Five.” | “美妙五人”的不二之选 |
[34:09] | Except they weren’t your designs. | 只是这不是你的作品 |
[34:11] | Only two people knew that — you and Ella. | 这事只有两个人知道 你和艾拉 |
[34:14] | And being a “Fab Five” designer | 成为”美妙五人”设计师 |
[34:16] | could literally make your career, so you made a choise. | 可以成就你的事业 所以你做出了决定 |
[34:19] | Once you were chosen for the “Fab Five,” | 一旦你被选为”美妙五人”之后 |
[34:21] | you realized that Ella would know you had stolen her designs. | 你意识到艾拉会知道你偷了她的设计 |
[34:24] | You had to discredit her so that no one would believe her. | 你得去破坏她的名声让全世界都不相信她 |
[34:30] | I want a lawyer. | 我要请律师 |
[34:36] | Ella must have confronted Yumi at his studio. | 艾拉肯定在工作室和优美当面对质过 |
[34:38] | If she threatened to expose the whole scandal, | 如果她威胁要曝光丑闻 |
[34:40] | his career would be over. | 他的职业生涯就完蛋了 |
[34:41] | He had to kill her to hide the truth. | 他必须杀了她掩盖事实 |
[34:42] | Yeah. That all makes sense. | 没错 这就都说得通了 |
[34:43] | Now we just have to connect him to the crime scene. | 现在我们只要把他和案发现场联系起来就行 |
[34:45] | Only one problem — you can’t. | 可现在的问题是 联系不起来 |
[34:47] | Yumi didn’t kill Ella. | 优美没杀害艾拉 |
[34:49] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[34:50] | Multiple employees saw Ella confront Yumi, | 多个员工见到艾拉和优美对质 |
[34:52] | but after she took off, | 但她走了之后 |
[34:54] | he was at the studio till 3:00 a.m. He never left. | 他一直待在工作室直到凌晨三点 没离开过 |
[34:56] | Wait. Are you — are you sure? | 等等 你确定吗 |
[34:57] | His alibi rocks out. | 他的不在场证明确认了 |
[34:58] | but we know someone changed matilda’s calendar | 但我们知道工作室里 |
[35:01] | from that studio. | 有人篡改了玛蒂尔达的日程表 |
[35:01] | He has to be involved somehow. | 他肯定以某种方式牵涉其中 |
[35:03] | I think someone else was, too. | 我觉得其他人也牵涉到了 |
[35:05] | I went through Yumi’s phone records, | 我查过了优美的通话记录 |
[35:07] | and after Ella left, | 艾拉离开之后 |
[35:08] | he made half a dozen phone calls to Modern Fashion. | 他打了六个电话到《当代时尚》去 |
[35:18] | Such beautiful designs. | 如此漂亮的设计 |
[35:20] | After all this time, I had no idea. | 这么长时间 我竟然不知道 |
[35:24] | If she knew these designs had been stolen, | 如果她知道这些设计被偷了 |
[35:26] | why didn’t she come to me. | 为什么不来找我 |
[35:27] | Maybe she didn’t think you would listen — | 也许她觉得你根本不会听她的话 |
[35:29] | At least, not to someone like her. | 至少不会听像她这样的人说话 |
[35:31] | Maybe she just wanted revenge. | 也许她只是想报复 |
[35:34] | She would’ve gotten it. | 那样的话她目的达到了 |
[35:35] | If Couture Chic xposed that our”Fab five” list was corrupt, | 如果我们的”美妙五人”名单被《时尚女装》曝光是舞弊的话 |
[35:39] | it would have cost me my job. | 我就会丢了饭碗 |
[35:41] | Who else stood to lose? | 还会给谁带来损失 |
[35:43] | Everyone involved, I suppose. | 所有牵涉其中的人 |
[35:45] | Well, just after Ella left Yumi’s studio, | 艾拉离开优美的工作室之后 |
[35:47] | he made a series of phone calls | 他打了一连串的电话 |
[35:49] | to someone here at modern fashion. | 给《当代时尚》的某个人 |
[35:51] | Someone who must have known Yumi’s secret — | 这个人知道优美的秘密 |
[35:53] | who was helping him cover it up. | 帮他掩盖事实真相 |
[35:55] | Someone who knew that if the truth got out, | 这个人知道如果真相大白了 |
[35:57] | it could destroy them both. | 就会同时毁了他们两个 |
[36:00] | There’s only one person it could be. | 只有一个人会这么做 |
[36:05] | Who? | 谁 |
[36:07] | We go to print in one week on this issue, | 这期杂志一周内就要印刷了 |
[36:10] | and I’m still not happy with the cover options. | 可是你们给我的封面备选还是不尽人意 |
[36:13] | And we’re still not there with the “Fab Five” spread! | 而且我们”美妙五人”栏目也还没完成 |
[36:16] | Now, go, please, make it better! | 散会吧 继续干活去 |
[36:21] | Julian, a word. | 朱利安 聊一下 |
[36:26] | What was your first reaction | 当你见到优美交上来的设计时 |
[36:28] | when you saw Yumi’s design submission? | 你的第一反应是什么 |
[36:30] | Blown away. | 我惊呆了 |
[36:31] | I mean, that’s why I nominated him. | 所以我才提名他 |
[36:34] | Now, is there a reason why you didn’t come to me | 那你能不能告诉我 当他向你坦白 |
[36:37] | and tell me when he confessed to you | 他偷了艾拉的设计时 |
[36:40] | that he stole Ella’s design? | 你为什么没来告诉我呢 |
[36:42] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[36:43] | I had a word with Yumi this morning. | 我今早跟优美谈过 |
[36:45] | He told me you’ve known for a while. | 他说这件事你早就知情了 |
[36:48] | And he also said it was your idea to change my calendar. | 而且他还说篡改我的日程表是你的主意 |
[36:51] | He’s lying. | 他在撒谎 |
[36:53] | Then I spoke to Mr. Carter, | 然后我又问过卡特先生 |
[36:56] | and he confirmed my suspicion. | 他证实了我的猜测 |
[36:59] | You’ve been gunning for my job. | 你对我的职位虎视眈眈 |
[37:02] | – What does that prove? – It proves that you tried to kill two birds with one stone. | -这又能证明什么 -证明你想一石二鸟 |
[37:07] | You changed my calendar in order to discredit Ella and undermine me. | 你篡改我的日程表 败坏艾拉的名声也伤到了我 |
[37:12] | – You don’t know what you’re talking about. – Don’t even. | -你不知道自己在说什么 -少来这套 |
[37:15] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[37:19] | I can walk out of here and get hired at any magazine I want | 我离开这 都用不着到今晚 就能在任何一间 |
[37:24] | by the end of the day. | 杂志社找到工作 |
[37:28] | You won’t be applying for a new job anytime soon, Julian. | 你短期内都不用再找工作了 朱利安 |
[37:32] | Oh, my… | 天啊 |
[37:32] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[37:35] | Matilda King — | 玛蒂尔达·金 |
[37:37] | she takes pleasure in torturing people like this. | 她最喜欢这样折磨人玩了 |
[37:41] | Fact is, her story is as crazy as she is. | 实际上 她给你们讲的故事就跟她本人一样疯狂 |
[37:46] | Except we searched the dumpsters around your apartment, | 只不过我们搜了你家附近的垃圾桶 |
[37:49] | and we found Ella’s scarf — | 找到了艾拉的围巾 |
[37:51] | the one that you used to strangle her. | 也正是那条你用来勒死她的围巾 |
[37:53] | The lab also found two sets of DNA on that scarf — | 实验室在那条围巾上找到了两组DNA |
[37:57] | Ella’s and yours. | 艾拉的和你的 |
[38:01] | I’m not gonna say another word until my lawyer’s present. | 在我的律师到之前 我都不会再说一句话 |
[38:09] | So, what did the D.A. say? | 检察官怎么说 |
[38:10] | That Julian’s gonna plead not guilty, take his chances at trial. | 朱利安不肯认罪 他要在庭审上碰碰运气 |
[38:14] | The good news is Yumi cut a deal to avoid charges. | 好消息是优美决定和检方合作换取免罪 |
[38:17] | I guess murder is not his type of accessory. | 看来谋杀不是他的菜 |
[38:20] | Yeah. He confessed to telling Julian | 他向检察官交代 他告诉过朱利安 |
[38:23] | that Ella figured it all out and Julian told him that he would take care of her. | 艾拉已经发现了真相 朱利安说他会摆平她 |
[38:27] | So, I guess the “Fab Five” is gonna be “Fab Four” this year. | 看来今年”美妙五人”变成”美妙四人”了 |
[38:30] | I always thought the fashion industry seemed glamorous. | 我一直以为时尚产业很光彩迷人呢 |
[38:32] | Turns out, mobsters are more ethical. | 没想到就连黑帮都比他们有道德 |
[38:33] | Oh, my gosh. Why do you think I quit? | 天啊 不然你认为我为什么要退出那行呀 |
[38:35] | I’ll take murderers over models any day. | 我宁可跟杀人犯混在一块也不要天天对着一堆模特 |
[38:37] | If only murderers were this hot. | 要是杀人犯都这么性感就好了 |
[38:40] | I got a bit of paperwork to do. | 我还有些文书工作没做完 |
[38:42] | Ah! Boring paperwork. | 无聊的文书工作 |
[38:44] | That is my cue to leave. | 我听到这句话就想回家了 |
[38:46] | – I’ll see you later? – Yeah. Yeah, I’ll see you when I’m done. | -晚点见 -好的 我做完就去找你 |
[39:32] | M | 凯特 这条裙子穿在你身上 绝对比穿在任何一个杂志模特身上要美得多 你会成为一个美艳绝伦的新娘 |
[40:15] | Hey. Shall I pour you a glass? | 要来杯酒吗 |
[40:18] | Uh, no. Not right now. | 不 现在不喝 |
[40:21] | Everything all right? | 一切都还好吗 |
[40:26] | Babe, we have to talk. | 宝贝 咱俩得聊聊 |
[40:30] | Wow. That’s something people say before they deliver bad news. | 通常人们在宣布坏消息之前才用这个开场白 |
[40:39] | You know when you called last night about the venue? | 你还记得你昨晚打电话问我场地的事吗 |
[40:43] | I was with Matilda, and she wanted me to model a dress. | 我当时跟玛蒂尔达在一起 她希望我试一条裙子 |
[40:48] | And it was a wedding dress. | 那条裙子是件婚纱 |
[40:53] | And when I saw myself in it, I just — | 当我看到自己穿着婚纱的样子 我就 |
[40:55] | I started to think about my mom. | 我想起了我母亲 |
[40:57] | She would have loved to have been a part of all of this, | 她一定希望自己能参与这一切 |
[41:00] | to help pick out the flowers and try on the dresses and… | 帮我选婚礼上用的花 陪我试婚纱 |
[41:05] | When I looked at myself in the mirror, I just — | 当我在镜子里看到自己 我就 |
[41:06] | I-I halfway expected to see her right behind me… | 我期待见到她站在我身后 |
[41:10] | And she wasn’t there. And, just for a moment, I thought to myself, | 可她却不在 有那么一刻 我心里想 |
[41:15] | “I don’t know if I can do all of this without her.” | “我不知道没有她在 我能不能完成这一切” |
[41:18] | And that’s why I said no when you asked about the venue. | 所以当你问的时候 我才没答应 |
[41:22] | I’m so sorry. It was so stupid. | 很抱歉 是我在犯傻 |
[41:25] | No. | 不 |
[41:27] | No, not stupid. | 不 一点都不傻 |
[41:29] | Human. | 这是人性 |
[41:35] | Do you know what else I wish she could experience? | 你知道我还希望她能见证什么吗 |
[41:39] | You. | 你 |
[41:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:41] | She would have loved you. | 她肯定会超爱你 |
[41:48] | You know, Kate… | 凯特 |
[41:50] | if you need more time — | 如果你还需要多点时间的话 |
[41:52] | No. No, I don’t — I don’t need any more time. | 不不 我不需要更多时间考虑了 |
[41:55] | I don’t even want us to wait until the fall. | 我甚至不想等到秋天 |
[41:57] | I think we can find a new venue in the spring. | 我觉得我们可以找到另外一个能在春天结婚的地方 |
[42:00] | You think we can pull it off? | 你觉得咱们能做得到 |
[42:02] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[42:04] | I mean, I already have the dress. | 我婚纱都准备好了 |