时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | Honey, what is that? | 亲爱的 那是什么 |
[00:37] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[00:38] | Dad, you should toss that. It’s getting kind of gross. | 爸 扔了吧 怪恶心的 |
[00:40] | Toss cookie angel? No way. | 扔掉饼干天使 才不呢 |
[00:42] | You made this for me in first grade… | 这是你一年级时做了送我的 |
[00:44] | With your chubby little hands. | 用你那胖乎乎的小手 |
[00:46] | Darling, could you pick me up | 亲爱的 麻烦再帮我 |
[00:48] | an extra bottle of aquavit for our glogg? | 拿一瓶烈酒做圣诞甜酒 |
[00:51] | An extra bottle of 100 proof? | 再来瓶烈酒 |
[00:52] | You’re not tampering with our sacred holiday recipe? | 你不是在篡改咱们神圣的圣诞甜酒配方吧 |
[00:54] | No, no, no. I’m just gonna make an extra-large batch | 不是 我只是多做一大份 |
[00:56] | to take with me christmas eve caroling. | 在平安夜唱颂歌时带上 |
[00:58] | Oh, it’ll be after our christmas dinner. | 当然 是在我们吃完平安夜晚餐后 |
[00:59] | You don’t mind, do you? | 你不介意吧 |
[01:01] | But it’s christmas eve. That’s when we open the gifts. | 但那是平安夜啊 是我们拆礼物的时候 |
[01:03] | Well, maybe we can open them in the morning. | 圣诞节早上拆也可以啊 |
[01:06] | In the morning? Mornings are for stockings. | 早上 早上是长袜惊喜的时间 |
[01:08] | Well, I-I think– | 我想 |
[01:09] | I think what Alexis is trying to say | 我想阿丽克西斯是想说 |
[01:11] | is that she has other plans, too. | 她也另有安排了 |
[01:13] | Just with a couple of friends. It’s… | 只是和朋友们一起 只是… |
[01:15] | What friends? What plans? | 什么朋友 什么安排 |
[01:18] | What is happening to our family tradition? | 那我们的家族传统怎么办 |
[01:21] | Dad, I think you’re kind of overreacting. | 爸 我觉得你的反应有点夸张 |
[01:27] | I am not overreacting. | 我没有反应夸张 |
[01:29] | It’s–its one night out of the year. | 一年就这么一天 |
[01:31] | Is it too much to ask to stick to the program? | 要求按传统来很过分吗 |
[01:33] | Maybe your program should evolve a little. | 也许你的传统应该变通下 |
[01:35] | It is evolving. I invited you, didn’t I? | 有变通啊 我不是邀请了你吗 |
[01:37] | You are still coming, right? | 你会来吧 |
[01:38] | Uh, ye–I mean, if I don’t have to work. | 来 只要我不用工作 |
[01:41] | But look, okay. No presents, remember? | 但听着 不送礼物 知道吗 |
[01:43] | We promised. It’s just– | 我们说好的 只是 |
[01:45] | It’s a little too stressful this first year. | 这是我们在一起后第一个圣诞 有点压力 |
[01:47] | No presents. | 不送礼物 |
[01:47] | I’m flexible. | 我这人很灵活的 |
[01:48] | There are certain aspects to this that are time honored– | 圣诞节的有些精髓是经过时间考验的 |
[01:51] | The…the heart.. | 那种心情 |
[01:52] | The beating heart behind the christmas holidays. | 圣诞节带来的那种心跳加速的感觉 |
[01:54] | And now Santa is dead? | 现在连圣诞老人都挂了吗 |
[01:57] | When will it end? | 有没有搞错啊 |
[01:58] | Hate to break it to you, Castle, | 不想打破你的美梦 卡塞尔 |
[01:59] | but there is no Santa. | 不过圣诞老人是不存在的 |
[02:00] | Well, not anymore. | 不再存在了 |
[02:01] | You gotta admit, with that beard and that belly, | 你得承认 那一脸胡须加大肚腩 |
[02:04] | he looks like the real deal. | 这位圣诞老人还挺货真价实的 |
[02:05] | If by “The real deal,” you mean | 如果说”货真价实”是指 |
[02:07] | an overweight man in a red suit | 一位穿着红衣的体重超标人士 |
[02:08] | who was hopefully carrying I.D. | 希望他带着身份证 |
[02:10] | Yeah. | 带着呢 |
[02:11] | Along with lots of candy canes wrappers. | 还有许多拐杖糖的包装纸 |
[02:14] | Though I don’t think that I.D. of his | 不过我觉得他的身份证 |
[02:16] | is gonna do you much good. | 对你没什么帮助 |
[02:18] | “Kris Kringle.” Address…north pole? | 姓名”圣诞老人” 地址”北极” |
[02:21] | That’s cute. | 真可爱 |
[02:22] | Maybe he’s the real Santa, | 也许他真的是圣诞老人 |
[02:24] | like in “Miracle on 34th street.” | 就像电影《34街的奇迹》 |
[02:25] | Yeah, but with no happy ending. | 是啊 只可惜不是快乐大结局 |
[02:27] | This Santa fell out of the sky around 9:30. | 这位圣诞老人在9点半左右从天上掉下来 |
[02:30] | From an aircraft? | 从飞机上吗 |
[02:31] | Maybe, but it wasn’t a commercial plane, | 有可能 但不是民航 |
[02:33] | I can tell you that. | 这点可以肯定 |
[02:34] | With a fall from high altitude, | 如果从高空跌落 |
[02:36] | we’d see severe frostbite on his eyes and his face. | 眼睛和面部会出现冻伤 |
[02:39] | Hey. So I just talked with the family. | 我问过那家人了 |
[02:41] | They didn’t see or hear any planes overhead. | 他们没看到也没听到有飞机飞过 |
[02:43] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这样说不通 |
[02:44] | He had to have fallen from somewhere. | 他肯定是从哪里掉下来的 |
[02:46] | I’m sorry. | 打扰下 |
[02:47] | Are we overlooking the obvious here? | 这么明显大家没看到吗 |
[02:49] | He hit some turbulence, slipped out of his sleigh, | 他遭遇了气流 从雪橇上滑落 |
[02:51] | and fell to his doom. | 就此丧命 |
[02:52] | Santa… lying there dead. | 圣诞老人 死在了那里 |
[02:54] | You gotta ask yourself, what kind of world do we live in? | 禁不住问自己 我们活在怎样的世界啊 |
[02:55] | A world in which there is no Santa | 活在不存在圣诞老人的世界 |
[02:57] | and people don’t fall out of nowhere. | 而且人不会凭空从空中掉落 |
[02:59] | Can you check with air traffic control | 麻烦你去查下飞行管制中心 |
[03:01] | and find out what flights were in the area? | 看看这地区有什么飞机经过 |
[03:03] | Sure. Bah humbug. | 好的 去他的圣诞节 |
[03:07] | So was the fall cause of death? | 是摔死的吗 |
[03:08] | It looks like it, but I won’t know for sure | 看起来是的 但只有送回 |
[03:10] | until I get him back to the morgue. | 验尸房才知道具体情况 |
[03:11] | Well, Santa or no, he sure is committed. | 无论是不是圣诞老人 他都很投入 |
[03:14] | And you’re saying there’s nothing in his wallet | 你说他的钱包是空的 |
[03:16] | – that indicates a break in character? – Nope. | -没东西鉴定他的身份 -是的 |
[03:19] | Except for these boots. | 除了这双靴子 |
[03:20] | They are definitely not from the north pole. | 肯定不是北极的 |
[03:22] | They’re custom made from a leather shop in Queens. | 这是皇后区一家皮鞋店定做的 |
[03:25] | Got a pair of motorcycle boots there. | 我曾经定做过摩托车靴子 |
[03:28] | Hopefully they’ll have a record of who this man is. | 希望他们有记录可以鉴定他的身份 |
[03:33] | Hey. So I heard from air traffic control | 飞行管制中心回信了 |
[03:35] | but you’re not gonna like the news. | 但结果你肯定不爱听 |
[03:37] | They have no record of anyone flying over the park | 被害人落地时 中心没有记录 |
[03:38] | during the time our guy hit the ground. | 有飞机飞过公园 |
[03:40] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[03:41] | Santa had his sleigh in stealth mode. | 圣诞老人的雪橇进入了隐形模式 |
[03:43] | No. I mean, after 9/11, how is it possible | 不 我是说911之后 怎么可能 |
[03:45] | that someone can just fly over Manhattan? | 有人能飞过曼哈顿 |
[03:48] | Sightseeing choppers do it all the time. | 观光直升机一直在飞 |
[03:50] | There was this one time, I took a midnight loop | 有一次 我在午夜绕着 |
[03:51] | around the statue of liberty with this latin… | 自由女神像兜了一圈 同行的是一位拉丁 |
[03:56] | Publisher. | 出版商 |
[03:58] | No, he’s right. | 他说的对 |
[03:59] | There’s Manhattan flight corridor | 曼哈顿飞行管制中心 |
[04:00] | which doesn’t require you to radio in | 不要求上报飞行 |
[04:02] | if you stay under 1,300 feet. | 只要高度在1300英尺以下就可以 |
[04:04] | My mother-in-law is a licensed pilot, | 我婆婆是持牌飞行员 |
[04:06] | as she keeps reminding me. | 她一再提醒我这点 |
[04:08] | Part of a larger effort to make me feel inferior. | 很大程度上让我感觉自己很挫 |
[04:13] | I’m sorry. Did I just say that out loud? | 抱歉 刚才这句我有说出声吗 |
[04:16] | Sounds like she’s staying with you, Captain? | 听起来她和你住一起 警监 |
[04:18] | One day soon, your in-laws will visit, too, | 很快会有一天 你的岳父母也会来 |
[04:20] | And when they do, | 他们来了后 |
[04:22] | think hotel. | 住酒店才是明智的 |
[04:24] | Lord, I hate the holidays. | 上帝啊 我讨厌过节 |
[04:27] | Yet another quality she has in common with the Grinch. | 她和圣诞怪杰又有了一处共同特质 |
[04:29] | So if we don’t know where our Santa fell from, | 如果不知道圣诞老人是从哪里落下的 |
[04:31] | do we at least know who he is? | 至少知道他是谁了吧 |
[04:33] | Well, hopefully we will soon. | 希望很快知道 |
[04:34] | Unis rousted the owner of that boot store in Queens. | 警员已经通知了皇后区靴店的老板 |
[04:36] | They’re getting him to open up the shop and check his invoices. | 让他开了店查发票记录 |
[04:38] | Lanie’s got something for us. | 蕾妮那边有消息 |
[04:39] | – Can you keep us posted on the boots? – Yeah. | -靴子有消息了就告诉我 -好的 |
[04:47] | You’re taking this one kinda hard, bro. | 这案子让你很难受啊 兄弟 |
[04:49] | He’s a symbol of childhood innocence. | 他是纯真童年的象征 |
[04:52] | Makes me wonder what this means for the future. | 让我琢磨这对未来意味着什么 |
[04:54] | It means there’s gonna be one less guy dressed up as Santa. | 意味着少了一个打扮成圣诞老人的人 |
[04:58] | Hey, so, uh, we’re coming up on christmas eve. | 嘿 平安夜快到了 |
[05:01] | We gonna keep the tradition going? | 今年继续照传统吗 |
[05:02] | You, me, a six-pack, madden on the big screen? | 兄弟两个 六罐啤酒 对着电视彻夜狂欢 |
[05:06] | You know, I, um… | 知道吗 |
[05:08] | I think Jenny has other plans this year. | 我想珍妮今年有了其它的安排 |
[05:16] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[05:18] | Remember how you asked if that fall is what killed him? | 还记得你问是不是摔死的吗 |
[05:21] | Well, it wasn’t. | 不是的 |
[05:22] | I pulled this out of his back. | 从背部取出来的 |
[05:24] | And that is a .38. | 这是点38 |
[05:26] | Do you still think he fell off his sleigh, Castle? | 你依然觉得他是从雪橇上掉下来的吗 卡塞尔 |
[05:27] | No. Clearly, he was shot out of it. | 不 很显然 他是中枪后掉下来的 |
[05:30] | Talk about a war on Christmas. | 圣诞节的战争啊 |
[05:31] | Or he was just shot in an aircraft and pushed out. | 或者他就是在飞机上被枪杀后被扔了下来 |
[05:34] | So we have anything else? | 还有其它情况吗 |
[05:35] | Just this… embedded in his suit. | 还有这个 嵌在衣服里的 |
[05:38] | A chip of paint | 一小块颜料 |
[05:39] | or some kind of enamel, cherry red. | 或是某种瓷釉 樱桃红的 |
[05:41] | From a sleigh. | 雪橇车上的 |
[05:42] | I don’t know yet. | 这我还不知道 |
[05:43] | I’m sending it down to the lab for analysis. | 一会送去实验室检查 |
[05:46] | Probably from a sleigh. | 很可能是雪橇车上的 |
[05:47] | Are we any closer to figuring out who he is? | 我们对他的身份还是没有一点头绪吗 |
[05:49] | We are now. | 现在有了 |
[05:50] | Name’s Edmund Smith. Lives in the Bronx. | 他叫艾德蒙德·史密斯 住在布朗克斯 |
[05:53] | I got his I.D. from that boot shop. | 我在鞋店查到了他的身份 |
[05:55] | I’m sorry. You just came all the way down here to give me this? | 不好意思 你难道是专程来给我这个的吗 |
[05:59] | Yeah. I mean, you told me to keep you posted. | 是啊 你不是说过一有消息就要通知你吗 |
[06:01] | You did say that, right? | 你说过的吧 |
[06:03] | You know what? Uh, Castle and I are gonna go and check out | 好吧 我和卡塞尔要去那里 |
[06:06] | the place and see what there is to see. | 看看有没有什么线索 |
[06:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:14] | Javi, since when did you start wearing cologne to work? | 哈维 你什么时候也开始喷香水上班了 |
[06:17] | Oh, you know, well, it’s the holidays, | 这不是节日嘛 |
[06:19] | and I’ve got places to be, people to see. | 我有应酬 有朋友要见 |
[06:22] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[06:23] | Okay. I see where this is going. | 行了 我知道怎么回事了 |
[06:25] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 我得就此打住 |
[06:27] | I already have plans for Christmas Eve. | 圣诞夜我已经有安排了 |
[06:30] | I’m hanging out with my girlfriends. | 我要和我的女朋友们一起过 |
[06:32] | Oh. That’s cool. | 哦 挺好的 |
[06:35] | Maybe afterwards, you and I can– | 那之后 说不定我们可以… |
[06:36] | Javi, let’s not be one of those sad, desperate holiday hookups. | 哈维 我们别像那些悲催绝望的假日搭档一样 |
[06:41] | But when all this dies down, | 但等一切都平静下来 |
[06:43] | if you still want to get together, | 如果你还想在一起 |
[06:45] | just give me a call. | 给我打个电话就行 |
[06:57] | Um, I-I don’t think he’s home. | 我想他不在家 |
[06:59] | NYPD. Is there a super or someone | 纽约警察 这里有没有管理员 |
[07:01] | that can let us into this apartment? | 可以让我们进去 |
[07:02] | Yeah, um, we have a key. | 我们有钥匙 |
[07:03] | Tim, can you grab Ed’s key? | 蒂姆 把艾德家的钥匙拿来好吗 |
[07:06] | Did, uh, something happen to Edmund? | 艾德蒙德出什么事了吗 |
[07:11] | So when was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候 |
[07:13] | Well, it must have been last night around 5:00. | 应该是昨天晚上5点左右 |
[07:16] | Uh, I saw him leave with his costume bag. | 我看见他带着道具包离开 |
[07:17] | I figured he was going on a job. | 我猜他是出去干活了 |
[07:19] | Ed was a professional Santa. | 艾德是个职业圣诞老人 |
[07:29] | Looks like he took his job pretty seriously. | 看来他对他的工作很认真 |
[07:31] | Oh, he lived it, really. | 他真是以此为生 |
[07:32] | I mean, volunteering at the rec center and the shelter. | 他会无偿去休闲中心和庇护所扮演圣诞老人 |
[07:35] | He was always here for Tim and the kids. | 他也一直陪着蒂姆和我的孩子们 |
[07:37] | He–he even helped with our lawsuit. | 他甚至还帮我们打官司 |
[07:39] | He was a santa and a lawyer? | 他即是圣诞老人又是律师吗 |
[07:41] | No, um, we lost our house, | 不 我们失去了我们的房子 |
[07:43] | and he was just trying to help us out. | 他正在帮助我们解决 |
[07:45] | He was like that. | 他就是这样的人 |
[07:46] | Sounds like he got involved in a lot of people’s lives. | 看来他融入了很多人的生活 |
[07:48] | Do you think he made any enemies along the way? | 你觉得他有仇敌吗 |
[07:51] | I didn’t think so, but then last week, | 应该没有 不过上星期 |
[07:52] | I heard this man pounding on Ed’s door, | 我听到有个人在敲艾德的门 |
[07:54] | shouting cuss words. | 还骂着很多难听的话 |
[07:56] | Did you see who it was? | 你看见是谁了吗 |
[07:57] | I did. I-I looked out. | 我看到了 我出来看了一下 |
[07:59] | It was an–an older, tough-looking dude. | 是个看起来挺粗暴的老头 |
[08:02] | When he saw me, he said, | 他看到我说 |
[08:03] | “You tell Ed if I see him again, I’ll kill him.” | 你告诉艾德 要是再让我看见 他就死定了 |
[08:06] | So I-I told Ed. | 于是我告诉了艾德 |
[08:07] | How did he react? | 他什么反应 |
[08:09] | Well, he told us not to worry, | 他叫我们别担心 |
[08:10] | but you could tell he was pretty shaken up. | 但能看得出来 他挺心烦的 |
[08:12] | You think you could describe him? | 你能描述一下他吗 |
[08:13] | You know what? I-I don’t have to. That’s him. | 知道吗 不需要描述 这就是他 |
[08:19] | Well, whoever he is, he’s a pilot. | 不管他是谁 他是个飞行员 |
[08:21] | According to the tail number on that Cessna… | 根据在塞斯纳飞机公司的尾号登记 |
[08:23] | the plane is registered to a David Dunne. | 飞机的注册姓名是大卫·邓恩 |
[08:26] | Guy’s got priors, too– | 这家伙还有前科 |
[08:27] | Drunk and disorderly, assault. | 酒后闹事 打人 |
[08:29] | Where do we find him? | 我们能在哪里找到他 |
[08:30] | Well, this just lists his place of employment. | 这里只有他的公司地址 |
[08:32] | 1215 Canal Street, second floor. | 运河街1215号 二楼 |
[08:37] | Wow. Someone takes christmas seriously. | 看来真有人认真对待圣诞节呢 |
[08:39] | Oh, you should see our place. | 你该去我家看看 |
[08:41] | Our tree is a 15-foot noble fir, | 我们的圣诞树是15英尺高的冷杉 |
[08:43] | We have our garland shipped in | 我们的花环是从加拿大边境 |
[08:44] | from some lake I can’t pronounce by the Canadian border, | 某个我念不出来的湖那里运过来的 |
[08:47] | And wait till you see my train set. | 你还得瞧瞧我的小火车 |
[08:50] | Yeah. Can’t wait. | 是啊 迫不及待 |
[08:52] | – Hi. – Merry christmas. | -你好 -圣诞快乐 |
[08:54] | We’re looking for David Dunne. | 我们来找大卫·邓恩 |
[08:55] | Oh, Dave’s in the big room teaching a class. | 大卫正在大教室上课呢 |
[08:58] | Uh, what is it you do here exactly? | 你们这里到底是干什么的 |
[09:00] | We make magic. | 我们创造奇迹 |
[09:06] | Ho! Ho! Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[09:07] | Again! | 再来一次 |
[09:08] | Ho! Ho! Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[09:10] | Again! | 再来 |
[09:10] | Ho! Ho! Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[09:12] | Once again from the diaphragm. | 再来一次 丹田发声 |
[09:15] | Ho! Ho! Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[09:17] | Outstanding! | 棒极了 |
[09:18] | Santa school? | 圣诞老人学校吗 |
[09:20] | And I bet you one Santa is missing. | 我敢打赌你们少了一个圣诞老人 |
[09:23] | Ho! Ho! Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[09:34] | This is crazy. I did not kill Edmund. | 太疯狂了 我没杀艾德蒙德 |
[09:37] | Trust me. You’re gonna have to do | 相信我 这种老套说辞 |
[09:37] | a lot better than that to convince her. | 可没法说服她 |
[09:39] | You can start by telling us when you last flew your plane. | 你可以从你的上次飞行说起 |
[09:41] | Not for weeks. You can check. | 好几个星期没飞了 你们可以查 |
[09:43] | We intend to. Now where were you at 9:30 last night? | 我们会查的 昨晚9点半你在哪里 |
[09:45] | I was at the Harlem Youth Center | 我在哈莱姆青少年活动中心 |
[09:47] | handing out gifts to kids. | 给孩子们发礼物 |
[09:49] | I wasn’t anywhere near Edmund. | 我没见过艾德蒙德 |
[09:50] | But you did engage in some un-santa-like behavior at his apartment. | 可你在他的公寓表现得可不太像圣诞老人 |
[09:56] | That what this is about? | 是为了这事啊 |
[09:58] | That was nothing. | 根本没事 |
[10:00] | You threatened to kill him, and now he’s dead. | 你威胁说要杀了他 而他现在死了 |
[10:02] | I wouldn’t call that nothing. | 我可不觉得那叫没事 |
[10:03] | I can explain that, okay? | 我能解释 |
[10:05] | See, Edmund took one of my best gigs. | 艾德蒙德抢走了我最好的一份工作 |
[10:07] | It was a print AD for Cartier. | 卡地亚的平面广告 |
[10:09] | I was their go-to Santa. | 我是他们最好的圣诞老人 |
[10:10] | You know, this year they wanted to go more warm and cuddly. | 知道吗 今年他们想要更和气更可爱的圣诞老人 |
[10:13] | Well, look at me. I-I’m warm. I’m cuddly. | 看看我 我很和气 也很可爱 |
[10:15] | But, no. They chose Edmund. | 但是 不 他们选择了艾德蒙德 |
[10:17] | So, yeah, I drank too much peppermint schnapps | 没错 我是喝了不少薄荷杜松子酒 |
[10:19] | and went over to his place and popped off. | 去到他的公寓 怒气冲冲地胡说 |
[10:21] | I’m not proud of it, | 我也很惭愧 |
[10:22] | but that was all I did. | 但仅此而已 |
[10:24] | Did you see him again after that? | 之后你有见过他吗 |
[10:25] | No. You have to understand, | 没有 你们得理解 |
[10:27] | when I first met Edmund five years ago, | 五年前 当我第一次遇到艾德蒙德 |
[10:29] | he was at a low point in life. | 他正处于人生最低谷 |
[10:31] | I raised him up. I taught him everything I knew. | 是我帮助了他 教给他我所知道的一切 |
[10:33] | I turned him into a world-class Santa, | 是我把他变成了世界级的圣诞老人 |
[10:35] | and now I’m losing gigs to him? | 而现在我反而还因他丢了工作 |
[10:38] | Well, maybe that’s it. | 也许这就是命 |
[10:39] | Maybe it’s time to hang up the fluffy red jockstrap. | 也许是时候摘下这顶毛绒绒的红色内裤了 |
[10:43] | Is… Is that a metaphor or do you really– | 这是打比方还是你真的… |
[10:45] | Uh, when Edmund was killed, | 艾德蒙德被害的时候 |
[10:47] | he was wearing his Santa suit. | 他还穿着圣诞老人服装 |
[10:48] | Do you know if he had a job last night? | 你知道昨晚他有工作吗 |
[10:50] | You’d have to ask his agent. | 你得去问问他的经纪人 |
[10:51] | Santas have agents? | 圣诞老人还有经纪人 |
[10:53] | Yeah. Mostly we use the Bells & Holly agency. | 对 我们大多用的是贝荷经纪公司 |
[10:55] | You said Edmund was at a low point in his life. | 你刚才说艾德蒙德处于人生的低谷 |
[10:58] | What did you mean by that? | 那话是什么意思 |
[11:00] | I just think he became a Santa to turn his life around. | 我只是觉得 他做圣诞老人是想改变自己的人生 |
[11:03] | And it worked, too. | 事实上也确实成功了 |
[11:04] | Turn his life around? | 改变他的人生 |
[11:05] | Was he in trouble of some sort? | 他之前招了什么麻烦吗 |
[11:06] | All I know is, back when I met him, | 我只知道 在我刚认识艾德蒙德时 |
[11:08] | Edmund was a totally different guy. | 他与现在判若两人 |
[11:11] | David Dunne’s alibi checked out. | 大卫·邓恩的不在场证明已证实 |
[11:13] | Harlem Youth Club said that he was there last night. | 哈勒姆青少年俱乐部说他昨晚的确在那 |
[11:15] | And the Cessna has been parked in a hangar for over a month. | 他的飞机也至少有一个月没起飞过了 |
[11:18] | Did you find out what Santa job Edmund was doing? | 你知道艾德蒙德接了什么扮演圣诞的活吗 |
[11:19] | His agency said he wasn’t booked on any gigs last night. | 他的经纪公司说昨晚他并没有活动 |
[11:22] | So then why was he wearing his Santa suit | 那他为什么会穿道具服呢 |
[11:23] | and how’d he end up dead? | 以及他是怎么死的 |
[11:24] | Well, if this was a story, | 如果这是个故事 |
[11:25] | it would all come back to Edmund’s character.. | 我们是不是应该先弄清这个角色的背景 |
[11:27] | why he became a Santa in the first place. | 他为什么会去做圣诞老人呢 |
[11:29] | Turns out, that’s a mystery all by itself. | 结果 这也是个谜 |
[11:31] | I’ve been looking into this guy, and check it. | 我一直在查他的历史资料 你们看 |
[11:34] | That is Santa five years ago. | 这就是我们的圣诞老人五年前的样子 |
[11:36] | Meet James Edmund Smith. | 见见詹姆斯·艾德蒙德·史密斯 |
[11:38] | He was a private equity manager at some big firm. | 他曾是一家大公司的私人股权经理人 |
[11:40] | – That’s the same guy? – Yeah. | -他俩是同一个人 -对 |
[11:42] | What happened? | 期间出了什么事 |
[11:42] | Dedication to his craft. | 将自己完全奉献给工作 |
[11:44] | Like De Niro in “Raging Bull.” | 就像《愤怒的公牛》里的罗伯特·德尼罗 |
[11:46] | To be a Santa? | 扮演圣诞老人吗 |
[11:46] | It’s pretty extreme, I know, and I’ll tell you this much, | 我知道 差距太大了 还有你们更想不到的 |
[11:48] | he didn’t go all Santa for the money. | 他去扮演圣诞老人不是为了赚钱 |
[11:50] | Back in the day, he used to pull down a half a million a year. | 以前在公司的时候 他一年能挣50万 |
[11:53] | As Santa, he made a tenth of that. | 扮圣诞老人 只能挣到原来的十分之一 |
[11:54] | You make that much as a Santa? | 扮圣诞老人能挣那么多呀 |
[11:56] | Maybe I should switch jobs, huh? | 也许我也该换换工作了 |
[11:57] | What, gain 200 pounds and have a bunch of rug rats | 你想增重180斤然后搞一堆裹着脏尿布的 |
[11:59] | sitting on your lap with dirty diapers? | 死小鬼坐在你腿上啊 |
[12:00] | Yeah, thanks for that visual. | 谢谢你描述的画面 |
[12:02] | Oh, here’s another thing. | 还有件事 |
[12:03] | I pulled Edmund’s financials. | 我查了一下艾德蒙德的账户 |
[12:05] | On the night he was killed, | 被杀那天晚上 |
[12:06] | he withdrew 2 grand from his ATM. | 他曾从自动取款机里提了2000块钱 |
[12:08] | He didn’t have that money on him when we found him. | 但尸体并没有携带任何现金 |
[12:10] | His wallet was empty. | 他的钱包是空的 |
[12:11] | All right, take a look at the ATM footage | 好吧 去查查取款机的监视录像 |
[12:13] | and see if anyone was with him. | 看看有没有人跟他在一起 |
[12:14] | He might have been robbed. | 他有可能遭抢了 |
[12:15] | Robbed and then launched into space? | 遇到强盗然后被发射上天吗 |
[12:19] | And how is that less plausible than your sleigh? | 难道这个的可信度会比你的雪橇理论低 |
[12:21] | I think you mean less clausible. | 我认为你是在说”合理度” |
[12:23] | What about his phone records? | 他的通话记录有线索吗 |
[12:24] | Made a bunch of calls to some lawyer in Brooklyn. | 给一个布鲁克林的律师打了一堆电话 |
[12:26] | But here’s the interesting one. | 但这条才是最有意思的 |
[12:27] | Last phone call he ever made was to his ex-wife. | 他的最后一个电话是打给前妻的 |
[12:29] | – Mrs. Claus. – Gwenn Harwin. | -圣诞婆婆 -格文·哈文 |
[12:31] | I went back pretty far in his phone records. | 我查了他长期的通话记录 |
[12:32] | He hasn’t called her for at least three years. | 至少在近三年内 他从没给她打过电话 |
[12:34] | So he pulls out 2 grand, calls his ex-wife, | 这么说 他取了2000块钱 致电前妻 |
[12:36] | and a couple of hours later, he ends up dead? | 几小时之后 被人发现已死亡 |
[12:39] | Let’s bring her in. | 传她来问话 |
[12:40] | He called me to say that he wanted to stop by. | 他打电话来说想过来看看 |
[12:42] | It was the strangest thing. | 非常奇怪 |
[12:44] | When he showed up, I didn’t recognize him, | 等他到了之后 我都认不出他来了 |
[12:45] | and now he’s just… gone. | 而现在 他就这么去了 |
[12:48] | I’m sorry to ask you this, Ms. Harwin, | 很抱歉 哈文女士 但我必须问你 |
[12:50] | but where were you last night at 9:30? | 昨晚九点半你在哪里 |
[12:51] | That’s quite all right. I understand. | 没关系 我完全理解 |
[12:53] | I was, uh, hosting a benefit for the food bank. | 当时我在主持一个食物银行的募捐活动 |
[12:56] | And why did Edmund come to see you? | 艾德蒙德去找你是为了什么 |
[12:58] | To apologize. | 为了道歉 |
[12:59] | Apologize for what? | 为什么要道歉 |
[13:02] | For the way he walked out on our life. | 为他离开家的方式道歉 |
[13:05] | We were good together. At least, I thought we were. | 我们曾经很和谐 至少我是这么想的 |
[13:08] | 12 years of marriage, | 十二年的婚姻 |
[13:10] | of building a life together, | 一起创造的生活 |
[13:11] | and then five years ago Christmas Eve, | 五年前的平安夜里 |
[13:14] | we went to a party, and afterwards, | 我俩一起参加了一个派对 之后 |
[13:16] | we stayed up to watch “It’s A Wonderful Life.” | 我们一起通宵观看《美妙人生》 |
[13:19] | And the next morning, he left | 第二天一早 他就离开了 |
[13:21] | with just the shirt on his back | 穿上衣服就走 |
[13:23] | and no explanation. | 没有一句解释 |
[13:25] | But why would he visit you now? | 但他为什么会选现在去看你 |
[13:27] | He wanted me to know how sorry he was | 他想让我知道 他为自己离开的方式 |
[13:29] | for the way he left in case… | 感到很抱歉 以防将来… |
[13:31] | anything happened to him. | 他出什么事 |
[13:34] | What did he mean by that? | 他那是什么意思 |
[13:35] | I don’t know what he meant. | 我也不知道 |
[13:36] | I-I didn’t even know who this man was. | 我根本不认识他了 |
[13:39] | He seemed very nervous and very on edge. | 他看起来很紧张 几乎随时可能崩溃 |
[13:42] | Did he give you any indication | 他有跟你暗示是什么事或人 |
[13:43] | of what he was afraid of | 使他感到害怕 |
[13:45] | or who might have been after him? | 或可能伤害他吗 |
[13:47] | After he left, I went to the window | 他出门后 我在窗口 |
[13:49] | to watch him get into the cab. | 目送他上计程车 |
[13:51] | And as the cab pulled away, | 车开走之后 |
[13:52] | there was a man on a motorcycle who was following him. | 我看到一个骑摩托车的人在跟着他 |
[13:55] | We’re gonna need you to give us a description of that motorcycle | 我们需要你详细描述一下那辆摩托车 |
[13:57] | along with its rider. | 和骑车人 |
[14:02] | Early Christmas present from Jenny? | 提前要给珍妮的圣诞礼物吗 |
[14:03] | Something like that. Would you mind not touching it? | 算是吧 请你不要乱动好吗 |
[14:08] | Well, well, well. | 看呀看呀 |
[14:11] | Now I see what you and Jenny | 这下我算是明白你跟珍妮 |
[14:13] | got planned for Christmas Eve. | 平安夜有什么计划了 |
[14:16] | Y’all gon’ be getting busy. | 你们要忙上好一阵咯 |
[14:20] | Ho! Ho! | 吼 吼 |
[14:22] | Ho! | 吼 |
[14:26] | I take it this is your idea of working the Santa case? | 我会把你这个行为看作是为了破案的努力 |
[14:29] | Detective Esposito, | 埃斯波西托警探 |
[14:30] | you’re supposed to be digging up that ATM footage. | 你现在不是该在查自动取款机的监视录像吗 |
[14:33] | And you are? | 还有你 |
[14:34] | Chasing down that lawyer that our victim had been calling, Sir. | 我该查死者常联系的那个律师的背景 长官 |
[14:36] | Okay, then. Let’s finish up this hoochie-coochie thing | 好吧 别在这儿瞎闹了 |
[14:39] | and get on with it. | 快干活去 |
[14:40] | Yes, Sir. | 遵命 |
[14:41] | So busted. | 被撞个正着 |
[14:45] | How does “guy on a motorcycle” | 骑摩托车的人与艾德蒙德 |
[14:46] | connect to Edmund landing in the park? | 在公园”着陆”有什么关联呢 |
[14:48] | Nothing connects. | 没什么关联 |
[14:49] | Why does a man watch a Christmas movie | 为什么一个人之前还在看圣诞电影 |
[14:50] | then walk out on everything to become a Santa? | 看完了就抛弃一切去扮圣诞老人了呢 |
[14:53] | Unless the key to Edmund’s story | 除非艾德蒙德事件的关键点就是 |
[14:55] | is “It’s A Wonderful Life.” | 《美妙人生》 |
[14:57] | You remember, in the movie, | 你记不记得 影片中 |
[14:58] | George Bailey tried to commit suicide on Christmas Eve | 乔治·贝里试图在平安夜自杀 |
[15:00] | and was saved by an angel? | 然后有个天使救了他 |
[15:01] | Which in our story is David Dunne. | 在我们的事件里 这个天使就是大卫·邓恩 |
[15:03] | Weird casting choice, I know, | 这选角选得真奇怪 |
[15:04] | but what if Edmund was trying to jump off a metaphoric bridge, | 但如果艾德蒙德那时正想”摆脱现状” |
[15:07] | you know, to start over? | 你懂的 就是重新开始 |
[15:09] | As a Santa? | 当圣诞老人吗 |
[15:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:11] | Yeah, that’s where it falls apart. | 没错 这确实不太说得通 |
[15:13] | Actually, it looks like Edmund was way more | 事实上 艾德蒙德可不仅仅 |
[15:15] | than just a Santa. | 是个圣诞老人 |
[15:17] | I finally got ahold of that lawyer | 我终于查到 |
[15:18] | that he’d been calling. | 他常联系的那个律师了 |
[15:19] | She’d actually filed a suit on behalf of his neighbors, | 她代理卡伯特家对一间专放高利贷的公司 |
[15:21] | the Cabots, who’d lost their home to a predatory lender, | 提出诉讼 那家公司叫日湾信贷 |
[15:24] | Sun Cove Funding. | 他们收走了卡伯特一家的房子 |
[15:25] | Something about illegal practices | 起诉理由是一些非法交易 |
[15:27] | and forged documents. | 和造假的文件 |
[15:28] | Anyway, it’s a class-action suit | 总之是一次集体诉讼 |
[15:30] | representing 43 families with millions of dollars at stake. | 代表43个家庭的利益 成败牵涉好几百万美元 |
[15:32] | But why was Edmund calling the lawyer? | 但为什么会是艾德蒙德给律师打电话呢 |
[15:34] | She had been working on contingency. | 她致力于意外事故案件 |
[15:36] | She’s already lost tons of money | 为了跟这个案子已经耗掉了大笔的钱 |
[15:37] | pressing the case, so she wanted to drop the suit. | 所以她想放弃诉讼 |
[15:39] | But Edmund begged her not to. | 但艾德蒙德求她不要放弃 |
[15:41] | In fact, he asked her to hold off just a few days, | 事实上 他请她只要拖延几天 |
[15:43] | maybe he could turn things around. | 或许他就能力挽狂澜了 |
[15:45] | How? | 怎么做 |
[15:46] | Well, he didn’t say, but she told him | 他没说 但是她告诉他 |
[15:47] | the only thing that would turn things around | 唯一可以力挽狂澜的 |
[15:49] | was a check for 25 grand. | 是两万五千美金的支票 |
[15:50] | What do we know about this company | 对艾德蒙德要告的公司 |
[15:51] | that Edmund was up against? | 我们了解多少 |
[15:53] | SunCove? It’s a FLY-BY-NIGHT. | 日湾吗 就是个皮包公司 |
[15:55] | They made their money, then they folded. | 他们收了钱 然后就倒闭 |
[15:56] | Gates actually has a friend at the S.E.C. | 盖茨正好在证监会里有朋友 |
[15:58] | Trying to dig up some information on them. | 正在查关于他们的信息 |
[15:59] | Can you check with the fraud division? | 你去联系一下诈骗调查组 |
[16:01] | See what they know about SunCove? | 看看他们对日湾了解多少 |
[16:02] | – Yeah. You got it. – Thanks. | -明白 -谢谢 |
[16:04] | Speaking of “It’s a wonderful life,” | 说到《美妙人生》 |
[16:06] | I was thinking, tomorrow night, | 我在想 明晚 |
[16:07] | perhaps we should have a christmas movie marathon or… | 我们可以搞个圣诞电影马拉松 或者 |
[16:12] | some other kind of marathon that makes life wonderful. | 来场让生活更美妙的马拉松 |
[16:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:19] | Castle, look, I know how much the holidays mean to you | 卡塞尔 我知道节日对你来说很重要 |
[16:22] | and I know that you love Christmas, | 我也知道你爱圣诞节 |
[16:24] | But I can’t make it tomorrow. | 但我明天不能陪你了 |
[16:26] | What? | 什么 |
[16:27] | The precinct is short staffed, | 分局人手不够 |
[16:29] | so I’m gonna have to work. | 所以我得留下来工作 |
[16:30] | How–to–what–don’t– | 怎么 那个什么 |
[16:32] | Don’t…don’t you have seniority? | 这种差事不是应该新人做吗 |
[16:34] | Don’t…how… how can this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[16:37] | Look, I… | 听着 我 |
[16:38] | I couldn’t tell Gates. | 我不能告诉盖茨 |
[16:40] | She doesn’t know about us, okay? | 她不知道我们的事 好吗 |
[16:41] | So… look, I’m sorry. I know that you’re disappointed. | 对不起 我知道你很失望 |
[16:44] | No. Ah… no. | 不 不 |
[16:46] | I…it’s not your fault. I know. | 这不是你的错 我懂的 |
[16:47] | It’s all…it’s okay. I’m… | 没事的 我… |
[16:51] | I gotta get outta here anyway. I got a date with Alexis. | 我还是走吧 跟阿丽克西斯约好了 |
[16:53] | Gonna do some christmas shopping. | 一起去圣诞扫货 |
[16:55] | – Okay, have fun. – Okay. | -玩得开心点 -好的 |
[16:56] | – And don’t get me anything. – Right. | -不用给我买东西了 -行 |
[17:05] | So, uh, I pulled this from the A.T.M. Footage. | 我从取款机的监控录像里找到了这个 |
[17:08] | Edmund was alone when he took out the cash, | 艾德蒙德取钱的时候是一个人 |
[17:10] | but he did get into a cab. | 但他确实上了一辆出租车 |
[17:12] | Any idea where he was going? | 知道他去哪了吗 |
[17:13] | Yeah, I traced the taxi he used from the medallion. | 我通过执照牌追踪到了他坐的出租车 |
[17:15] | Cabbie said that he took Edmund to Ho-Ho-Kus field. | 司机说他去了霍霍库斯机场 |
[17:17] | It’s a small airfield out in Jersey. | 是新泽西的一家小型机场 |
[17:19] | Is that where he got on the plane? | 他是从那里起飞的吗 |
[17:20] | You’d think, but no. | 你觉得呢 但其实不是 |
[17:21] | The cabbie said that | 司机说 |
[17:22] | Edmund had him wait so he could go meet somebody, | 艾德蒙德让他稍等 自己要去跟别人碰头 |
[17:23] | then he got back in the cab, they left the airfield, | 然后他回到车内 他们离开了机场 |
[17:25] | and the cabbie dropped him off in Long Island city. | 后来他在长岛下了车 |
[17:27] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[17:28] | How’d he end up in the air if he went to Long Island city? | 如果他去了长岛 最后又怎么到了天上 |
[17:31] | I have no idea, | 我不知道 |
[17:32] | but the person he met with at the airfield might. | 不过跟他在机场碰头的人也许知道 |
[17:34] | So… | 那么说来 |
[17:36] | You, uh, pulled the Christmas shift again? | 你又要值圣诞班了 |
[17:38] | You know, you shouldn’t be eavesdropping, buddy. | 你不该在旁边偷听的 |
[17:44] | Espo, does that look cherry red to you? | 埃斯波 你看那是不是樱桃红 |
[17:46] | It does. | 是的 |
[17:48] | Just like the paint chip we found on Edmund. | 跟我们在艾德蒙德身上发现的掉漆一样 |
[17:53] | This lock’s been tampered with. | 锁被撬过了 |
[17:56] | Looks like it was forced open. | 看起来是被强行打开的 |
[18:03] | There’s fresh blood here. | 这里有没干的血迹 |
[18:06] | And lots of it. | 还有不少 |
[18:07] | Looks like we just found our crime scene. | 貌似我们找到犯罪现场了 |
[18:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:15] | Well, it looks like the blood is a match to Edmund, | 血和艾德蒙德的吻合 |
[18:17] | But so far, there are no prints. | 但目前为止 没有找到指纹 |
[18:18] | Looks like the cockpit’s been wiped. | 驾驶舱好像被清理过了 |
[18:20] | If Edmund came down here | 如果艾德蒙德从这里下车 |
[18:21] | and then he went back to Long Island city, | 然后又回到长岛 |
[18:22] | then how the hell did he end up in this chopper? | 那他怎么会死在这架直升机里 |
[18:25] | Well, whoever was with him has gotta have the answer to that. | 不管谁跟他在一起 都脱不了干系 |
[18:26] | Let’s start with who owns this thing. | 我们从机主查起 |
[18:28] | Well, according to the airfield manager, Mr. Mudge, | 据机场管理员玛吉先生所说 |
[18:31] | It belongs to a Chuck Ames, | 它属于一个叫查克·埃姆斯的人 |
[18:32] | But he’s on vacation in hawaii. | 但他正在夏威夷度假 |
[18:34] | Hi, Mr. Mudge. | 你好 玛吉先生 |
[18:35] | I’m detective Kate Beckett. | 我是凯特·贝克特探长 |
[18:37] | Now is anyone else authorized to fly that bird? | 谁还有授权 能开那架飞机 |
[18:40] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知没有 |
[18:41] | Looks like just about anybody | 貌似谁都能 |
[18:42] | can have access to this airfield. | 进入这个机场 |
[18:43] | There’s no checkpoints, no cameras. | 没有检查关卡 没有监控探头 |
[18:45] | We never needed any till now. | 在此之前我们根本不需要 |
[18:46] | The point is, if someone did get on to this property, | 关键是 如果有人上了这架飞机 |
[18:48] | how hard would it be for them to fly that chopper outta here? | 要把它开走有多难 |
[18:50] | Anybody with a helicopter rating could take it up. | 任何有飞行执照的人都能开 |
[18:52] | R-44 is easy. | R-44很容易驾驭 |
[18:53] | You don’t even need a key to start it. | 甚至都不需要钥匙 |
[18:55] | So then we’re looking for someone | 我们在找一个 |
[18:56] | that knew the ins and outs of this airport | 熟悉这个机场内部的人 |
[18:58] | Along with the fact that that chopper was gonna be here. | 这个人知道直升机在这里 |
[19:00] | Maybe even someone who knew | 这个人甚至知道查克·埃姆斯 |
[19:01] | that Chuck Ames was gonna be in hawaii. | 在夏威夷 |
[19:02] | We’re gonna need Mr. Ames’ contact info | 我们需要埃姆斯先生的联系方式 |
[19:05] | along with the names of all of your employees | 还有你们所有员工的资料 |
[19:06] | and everyone who’s flown through here in the past year. | 还有去年所有在这里飞行过的人 |
[19:09] | Hey, I-I got Christmas lights to hang. | 我还有圣诞彩灯要挂 |
[19:11] | Yeah, and we have a murder to solve. | 知道 我们还有凶案要破 |
[19:13] | Now is there any way to know | 能不能知道 |
[19:14] | where the chopper flew last night? | 直升机昨晚在哪飞 |
[19:16] | Is there a flight recorder, GPS system? | 有没有飞行记录 GPS系统 |
[19:18] | Again, she’s a low-tech bird. | 再说一遍 它是架低端直升机 |
[19:20] | Do you have a record of the fuel that was in the tank? | 你们有燃耗记录吗 |
[19:24] | Fuel log says it was full. | 燃料记录显示是满的 |
[19:26] | We can figure out how far the chopper flew | 我们可以通过燃油消耗量 |
[19:28] | by how much fuel was used. | 推知直升机飞行了多远 |
[19:30] | It was down about a fifth of a tank. | 油箱里少了五分之一的油 |
[19:31] | The R-44 burns about | R-44耗油约 |
[19:33] | 4 or 5 miles per gallon, | 四或五英里每加仑 |
[19:36] | so it flew about 45 miles. | 所以它飞了大概45英里 |
[19:37] | That’s almost exactly | 差不多就是 |
[19:38] | how far it is to Long Island city and back. | 这里到长岛一个来回的距离 |
[19:41] | Edmund took the cab there | 艾德蒙德在那里下了出租车 |
[19:41] | and must have gotten in that chopper. | 然后上了直升机 |
[19:43] | Okay, let’s check all the heliports | 好的 我们去查一下长岛 |
[19:44] | In Long Island city and find out where. | 所有的停机坪 找出是在哪儿降落的 |
[19:51] | I mean, it’s bad enough Santa has been murdered. | 我是说 圣诞老人被杀已经够糟的了 |
[19:54] | This will be the first Christmas Eve | 这还将是18年来 |
[19:55] | In 18 years we haven’t spent together. | 我们不在一起过的第一个圣诞夜 |
[19:57] | I mean, it sets a grim precedent. | 这开启了一个糟糕的先例 |
[19:59] | Dad, you’re being dramatic. | 老爸 你说得太夸张了 |
[20:00] | Well, you can see your friends anytime. | 你随时都可以见朋友啊 |
[20:04] | Well… what if it’s just one person, | 如果只是”一个”朋友呢 |
[20:06] | and he’s not really a friend? | 而且他其实不是”朋友” |
[20:11] | Oh, a new guy. Okay. | 新男友 好吧 |
[20:13] | Well, does this, uh, | 那么 |
[20:14] | Non-plural non-friend have a name? | 那”一个”不是”朋友”的人叫啥 |
[20:16] | – It’s max. – Max. | -他叫麦克斯 -麦克斯 |
[20:18] | I met him at the annual bad poetry contest | 我在年度烂诗比赛上遇到他的 |
[20:20] | right before Thanksgiving. | 就在感恩节前 |
[20:22] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[20:23] | Well, bring him along. I would love to meet this bad poet. | 带他来咱家 我很乐意见见这位下乘的诗人 |
[20:26] | – Uh, y–meet my dad on Christmas Eve? – Yeah. | -平安夜来见家长 -是啊 |
[20:28] | Tha-that’s way too much pressure. | 这样压力太大了 |
[20:29] | What pr–pressure to what, eat, drink, and be merry? | 有什么压力 吃吃喝喝 高高兴兴吗 |
[20:32] | It’ll be– | 这会… |
[20:32] | Max is going to London with his family on Christmas day. | 圣诞节当天麦克斯要和家人去伦敦 |
[20:35] | I won’t get to see him till after break. | 假期结束我才能见到他 |
[20:37] | We just want to go ice skating in the park. | 我们就想去公园溜冰 |
[20:39] | Yeah. Of course. Of course. Go. | 好 当然 去吧 |
[20:40] | Have a great time. | 玩得开心点 |
[20:43] | Besides, you’ll be with Beckett. | 再说你要和贝克特一起过嘛 |
[20:46] | Right. | 对 |
[20:47] | Oh, and don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[20:48] | I’ll be home in bed before Santa comes. | 我会在圣诞老人来之前就回来睡觉的 |
[20:55] | Right. | 好吧 |
[21:03] | Oh, Captain Gates. | 盖茨警监 |
[21:04] | Y-yes, what is it? | 干什么 |
[21:05] | I just wanted to make sure that you got this | 我想让你在去度假前 |
[21:07] | before you took off for the holidays. | 收到这个礼物 |
[21:09] | Well, thank you, Mr. Castle. | 谢谢你 卡塞尔 |
[21:12] | Oh, I-I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:13] | I don’t have anything for you. | 我没为你准备礼物 |
[21:14] | Please. Just being here each day is gift. | 每天能来这里就是你给我的礼物了 |
[21:16] | I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate | 我想让你知道 我万分感谢 |
[21:19] | all that you do, | 你们所做的一切 |
[21:20] | you and detective Beckett. | 你和贝克特探长 |
[21:22] | Mr. Castle, I am on my way uptown | 卡塞尔先生 我要去郊区 |
[21:24] | to meet my mother-in-law | 见我的婆婆 |
[21:25] | to have tea and eat those tiny freakin’ sandwiches. | 和她一起喝茶 吃那些小小的可怕的三明治 |
[21:28] | So why don’t you just say what’s on your mind? | 所以不如你直说你到底打什么注意吧 |
[21:30] | I’m just so worried about detective Beckett. | 我就是很担心贝克特探长 |
[21:32] | I mean, she works so hard. | 她工作太努力了 |
[21:34] | Don’t you think she deserves a little holiday? | 你不觉得她应该享受假期吗 |
[21:36] | Isn’t there someone else who could take | 难道没有其他人可以帮她顶上 |
[21:37] | that Christmas Eve shift? | 平安夜的班吗 |
[21:38] | First of all, how I schedule my people | 首先 我怎么安排人手 |
[21:41] | is not your concern. | 和你没关系 |
[21:42] | And having said that, | 不过话说回来 |
[21:43] | detective Beckett volunteered to take the shift. | 贝克特探长自愿要上这轮班 |
[21:48] | When did she do that? | 她什么时候要求的 |
[21:50] | Earlier today. | 今天早些时候 |
[21:50] | She came to me and asked to take Detective Eldin’s shift. | 她来找我 要求帮埃尔丁警探代班 |
[21:54] | He has a family, and she doesn’t. | 他结婚了 但她没有 |
[21:56] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[21:58] | Problem solved. | 问题解决 |
[22:03] | Okay, so that narrows it down to five heliports | 好 这样就将范围缩小到了长岛 |
[22:05] | in Long Island City. | 五个直升机停机坪 |
[22:06] | One is a police station. One’s a hospital. | 一个是警局 一个是医院 |
[22:08] | They’d both be monitored, so that leaves helipads at | 这两处都有监控 排除后就只有公司大楼的 |
[22:12] | bankcorp building, | 直升机停机坪了 |
[22:13] | one West Hotel, and Case Commerce Building. | 一处是西部酒店 凯斯商务大楼 |
[22:16] | Case Commerce… C.C. | 凯斯商务 CC |
[22:20] | The candy canes. | 拐杖糖 |
[22:22] | Case Commerce. C.C. | 凯斯商务 CC |
[22:23] | That’s where Edmund was. | 那就是艾德蒙德死前去的地方 |
[22:25] | Let’s find out why. | 我们去查清楚吧 |
[22:28] | Hey, Castle. | 卡塞尔 |
[22:29] | You coming? | 你一起来吗 |
[22:31] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[22:33] | Oh, you can’t escape it. | 你逃不掉的 |
[22:35] | Christmas is everywhere. | 到处都是圣诞气氛 |
[22:37] | So much pressure to have a good time. | 想过个开心的节日压力好大 |
[22:38] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[22:40] | Why wouldn’t I be? | 我能有啥不好的 |
[22:41] | Case Commerce. There it is. | 凯斯商务 到了 |
[22:43] | Hi. Wait, uh, what’s going on here? | 你好 这里怎么了 |
[22:46] | Looks like a heist occurred at the office Christmas party | 貌似在昨晚的办公室圣诞派对上发生了 |
[22:47] | – last night. – A heist? | -抢劫 -抢劫 |
[22:49] | Well, I-I didn’t notice | 直到今天早上 |
[22:50] | anything was missing until this morning. | 我才发现有东西失踪了 |
[22:52] | And that’s when I called you people. | 随后我就打电话报警了 |
[22:53] | You didn’t happen to have a Santa working your party, did you? | 昨晚的派对上你不会碰巧请了圣诞老人吧 |
[22:56] | Yes, we did. | 是啊 我们请了 |
[22:57] | Did he look like this? | 他看起来是这样吗 |
[22:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:00] | He was our Santa. Why? | 他就是我们的圣诞老人 怎么了 |
[23:02] | Looks like our Santa was a little more naughty than nice. | 看来我们的圣诞老人很淘气啊 |
[23:09] | No, I never saw him before last night. | 没有 昨晚我是第一次见到他 |
[23:11] | And I wasn’t aware he’d stolen anything. | 我也没意识到他偷了东西 |
[23:14] | But given what we do here, | 但是鉴于我们的工作 |
[23:15] | I suppose it could’ve been a lot worse. | 我想这还不算是最糟糕的 |
[23:16] | And what is it that your company does, Mr. Case? | 凯斯先生 你的公司是做什么的 |
[23:19] | Investment services. Asset management mostly. | 投资服务 主要是资产管理 |
[23:21] | Given the amount of client and account information, | 考虑到我们有许多客户和账户的信息 |
[23:24] | we’d be a gold mine for identity thieves. | 对身份窃贼来说我们可是一座金矿 |
[23:26] | None of those systems were touched. | 但是这些系统没有被动过 |
[23:28] | So what did they steal? | 那他们偷了什么呢 |
[23:29] | A clock from his office in back. | 他后面办公室里的一个钟 |
[23:31] | I’m sorry. Did you just say “Clock”? | 抱歉 你说的是”钟” |
[23:33] | Not just any clock, Detective. | 探长 那可不是随便的一个钟 |
[23:34] | An early Tomas Tilledge. | 托马斯·蒂莱吉早期作品 |
[23:37] | Legendary clockmaker from the Restoration period. | 复兴时期的传奇钟表匠 |
[23:39] | That must have been worth a great deal. | 一定非常值钱吧 |
[23:40] | I had it appraised at $30,000. | 估值为三万美金 |
[23:42] | Wow. How big was it? | 多大的钟 |
[23:43] | It’s about this size. | 差不多这么大 |
[23:45] | Small enough to fit in his sack. | 很小 能装进他的麻袋里 |
[23:46] | You know, it’s hard enough imagining | 你知道 很难相信我的客人中 |
[23:47] | one of my guests being a thief, but Santa? | 会有人是小偷 但是圣诞老人 |
[23:50] | Are you sure that nothing else is missing? | 你确定没有其他东西失踪吗 |
[23:52] | Positive. Why? | 确定 怎么了 |
[23:53] | Well, because our evidence suggests that your Santa | 因为我们有证据表明你的圣诞老人 |
[23:55] | left by helicopter, which was waiting on your helipad. | 是乘着停在你们停机坪的直升飞机离开的 |
[23:58] | Why would he take a helicopter? | 他为什么要乘直升飞机 |
[23:59] | You didn’t hear anything from the party? | 你们在派对上没听到什么声音吗 |
[24:01] | No, but the music was loud, | 没有 但是音乐声很大 |
[24:03] | and the back wall is soundproofed. | 而且后壁是隔音的 |
[24:04] | Was there anything else that was special about this clock? | 那个钟还有什么特别之处吗 |
[24:06] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知是没有 |
[24:08] | Okay, I’m gonna get one of my detectives | 我会让一名警探 |
[24:09] | to come down and interview your staff. | 过来和你的员工谈谈 |
[24:11] | In the meantime, could I have a list | 同时 能给我一份 |
[24:12] | of all of the party attendees? | 出席派对的名单吗 |
[24:14] | – Sure. – Of course. | -好 -当然可以 |
[24:15] | We’ll also pull elevator footage | 我们也需要电梯监控录像 |
[24:17] | to make sure that there weren’t any uninvited guests. | 以防有未受邀请的客人参加 |
[24:20] | $30,000. | 三万 |
[24:22] | That’s a little more than the Cabots needed for their lawsuit. | 仅比卡伯特一家需要的诉讼费多一点而已 |
[24:25] | Maybe our Santa is Robin Hood, | 也许我们的圣诞老人是个罗宾汉 |
[24:27] | stealing from the rich to give to the poor? | 劫富济贫 |
[24:29] | Yeah, but why would he use a helicopter to steal this? | 但是他为什么要用直升飞机偷这个呢 |
[24:32] | I mean, he could’ve just stuffed it in his sack | 他本可以把它塞进麻袋里 |
[24:34] | and ho-ho-ho’ed outta there. | 然后笑呵呵地离开那里 |
[24:36] | It has to be about more than just the clock. | 一定不仅仅是因为钟的关系 |
[24:38] | Well, there were a couple more clocks on his workbench. | 在他的工作台后面还有一些钟 |
[24:41] | Maybe this one’s significant somehow. | 也许这一个有什么特别意义 |
[24:43] | Okay. What’s your theory? | 好吧 你的理论是什么 |
[24:44] | Uh… treasure map inside. | 里面有藏宝图 |
[24:47] | No. | 不对 |
[24:48] | No. The clock was commissioned by a secret society | 不对 这个钟是被一个秘密组织用来 |
[24:50] | to count down the end of days– | 倒数世界末日的 |
[24:52] | A secret society of Santas, | 一个由圣诞老人组成的秘密组织 |
[24:55] | who are the guardians of time. | 他们守护着时间 |
[24:57] | Oh, that’s good. | 这想法太拉风了 |
[24:59] | Okay, putting aside the mystery of the helicopter, | 先不管直升飞机之谜 |
[25:01] | let’s say it is about the clock. | 假设这跟钟有关 |
[25:03] | How did Edmund know about it? | 艾德蒙德是怎么知道的 |
[25:05] | Nobody from the office recognized him. | 办公室里没人认识他 |
[25:06] | Well, maybe he had worked the party before. | 也许他之前办过派对 |
[25:08] | Sorry, bro. I checked. | 抱歉 老兄 我查过了 |
[25:09] | He hasn’t, | 他没有 |
[25:10] | but he sure was determined to work it this year. | 但他绝对打算今年去 |
[25:13] | The agency had booked another Santa to work that party, | 那家机构预约了另外一个圣诞老人 |
[25:15] | But someone from case commerce | 但凯斯商务中有人 |
[25:17] | called about a week ago to cancel. | 一周前打电话取消了预约 |
[25:18] | Let me guess. No one actually called from case. | 让我猜猜 不是凯斯公司的人打的电话 |
[25:20] | – Ding ding. – And when he arrived, | -正解 -当他到达的时候 |
[25:22] | they assumed he was the Santa they’d hired. | 他们以为他就是受雇的圣诞老人 |
[25:24] | Kind of a brilliant scam, really. | 真是高明的诡计啊 |
[25:26] | You have access to high-end homes and businesses, | 你可以进入上层家庭和高级企业 |
[25:28] | and who’s gonna distrust Santa? | 再说谁会怀疑圣诞老人呢 |
[25:30] | Uh, his partners, apparently. | 显然 他的同伴们就会 |
[25:32] | No honor among thieves, even Santa thieves. | 盗亦无道 即使是”圣盗” |
[25:35] | All right. Have robbery send that photo to pawnshops | 让劫案科把那张照片发到当铺 |
[25:37] | and auction houses. | 和各大拍卖行 |
[25:38] | If his partners try to cash in, I want to know. | 如果他的同伴想兑换成现金 立刻通知我 |
[25:40] | Absolutely. | 好的 |
[25:44] | A man leaves his life and a high-paying job | 一个人抛弃自己的生活和高新职位 |
[25:46] | to become the neighborhood saint | 成为邻里间的老好人 |
[25:47] | only to get shot dead after stealing a clock | 结果却因盗窃一个钟而被枪杀 |
[25:50] | that’s worth less than your average car, | 那钟还不如随便一辆车值钱 |
[25:53] | and then he gets thrown out of a helicopter | 然后他又被扔出直升机 |
[25:55] | that he didn’t even need to be in in the first place. | 而他最开始根本就不需要上那架直升机 |
[25:56] | It makes no sense. | 完全说不通嘛 |
[25:58] | Given everything that we know about this guy, | 鉴于我们手中对那家伙的全部信息 |
[26:00] | this is completely out of character. | 整件事都与他的为人完全不符 |
[26:02] | Well, sometimes people do inexplicable things. | 有时候人就是会做一些让外人难以理解的事 |
[26:09] | There’s an explanation for everything. | 任何事都是有缘由的 |
[26:11] | Is there? | 是吗 |
[26:13] | You volunteered to take Eldin’s shift. | 你主动要求替埃尔丁值班 |
[26:16] | Don’t pretend. | 别找理由 |
[26:18] | If you aren’t ready, why not just tell me? | 如果你还没准备好 为什么不直接告诉我 |
[26:22] | I’m sorry, Castle. I didn’t mean to– | 我很抱歉 卡塞尔 我不是有意… |
[26:23] | You didn’t mean to what? | 你不是有意什么 |
[26:26] | Christmas means something different to me than it does to you. | 圣诞节对我和对你的意义完全不一样 |
[26:29] | It’s Christmas. I mean, how can it be different? | 都是圣诞节嘛 能有多不一样 |
[26:33] | Castle, every winter, as soon as that chill rolls in, | 卡塞尔 每年冬天 一旦寒冷袭来 |
[26:35] | I am right back there in that alley. | 我就仿佛又置身于那条小巷 |
[26:38] | January 9th, and we still haven’t taken | 到1月9日 我们却仍未摘下 |
[26:39] | our Christmas decorations down. | 圣诞节的各种装饰品 |
[26:41] | And by the time my dad and I did, | 等我和我爸终于摘下来的时候 |
[26:43] | it was like we were putting Christmas away forever. | 就好像我们把圣诞节永远封存了 |
[26:49] | We haven’t opened those boxes since. | 我们自那之后再没打开过那些盒子 |
[26:52] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:53] | That’s why, every year, my dad goes up to his cabin, | 所以 每一年我爸都会去他的小木屋 |
[26:57] | and ever since I became a rookie, | 自从我当上了警察开始 |
[26:59] | I have taken the Christmas shift, | 我一直都要求在圣诞节当天值班 |
[27:01] | because I know that there are families out there | 因为我知道有很多家庭 |
[27:03] | that are celebrating together in their homes, | 都在合家团聚 一起庆祝节日 |
[27:05] | and I am keeping watch, and that is my tradition. | 我要一直守护着 那就是我的节日传统 |
[27:08] | And that is important to me. | 而且那对我很重要 |
[27:10] | It’s as important as your tradition is to you. | 就跟你的节日传统对你很重要一样 |
[27:13] | And I’m sorry, Castle. | 我很抱歉 卡塞尔 |
[27:16] | I thought I could let that go, | 我之前以为我可以放下这一切 |
[27:17] | But I… | 但我… |
[27:18] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[27:29] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[27:30] | Yeah, so I got a custodian | 听着 我找到一个管理员 |
[27:31] | who was up on the roof last night for a smoke. | 他昨晚上屋顶抽烟 |
[27:34] | Did he see anything? | 他看见什么了吗 |
[27:35] | Well, it’s not what he saw. It’s what he found. | 不是他看到什么 而是他发现了什么 |
[27:37] | The place was cleaned earlier in the day, | 那地方之前曾被清扫过 |
[27:38] | but when he got up there, | 但当他上去的时候 |
[27:39] | there was trash blown all over the helipad, | 发现直升机场到处都是垃圾 |
[27:41] | probably from the rotor wash when it took off. | 可能是直升机起飞时机翼转动带起来的 |
[27:43] | What kind of trash? | 什么样的垃圾 |
[27:44] | The kind that looked like someone had been waiting for someone, | 像是等人时留下的 |
[27:46] | Soda can, candy wrappers, | 饮料罐 糖果纸 |
[27:49] | And an empty pouch of pipe tobacco. | 以及一包空的斗烟叶盒 |
[27:52] | Pipe tobacco? | 斗烟叶 |
[27:54] | Now who do we know | 我们知道有谁 |
[27:55] | that smokes a pipe and flies? | 既用烟斗 又驾驶直升机的呢 |
[27:58] | And remember, | 记住 |
[27:59] | when you go out there, | 当你们出去工作的时候 |
[28:01] | Santa does not enter through the chimney. | 圣诞老人不是从烟囱进入人们的家里 |
[28:05] | He enters through the heart. | 而是进入人们的心里 |
[28:07] | What about through a helicopter? | 要不要坐直升机进入啊 |
[28:13] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[28:14] | Put that down. | 快放下 |
[28:17] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吗 |
[28:35] | Merry Christmas to all… | 祝大家都圣诞快乐 |
[28:39] | And to all a good night. | 祝大家晚安 |
[28:48] | I already told you where I was, | 我已经告诉过你们当时我在哪儿 |
[28:50] | and it wasn’t in any helicopter. | 反正不是在直升机里 |
[28:51] | Yeah, about that. | 是啊 关于那个 |
[28:52] | We checked the photos from the harlem youth club. | 我们查过了黑人区青年俱乐部的照片 |
[28:55] | The Santa that was there was not you. | 那边的圣诞老人可不是你 |
[28:57] | Where were you that night, really? | 你当晚到底在哪儿 |
[28:59] | Let me help you. | 我来帮你回忆一下 |
[29:00] | I just got off of the phone with Chuck Ames, | 我刚和查克·埃姆斯通完电话 |
[29:02] | the guy that owns that helicopter, | 也就是拿架直升机的主人 |
[29:04] | and he said that you’ve rented it from him before. | 他说你之前从他手中租用过 |
[29:06] | So I know the guy. So what? | 我是认识那家伙 那又怎样 |
[29:08] | You got no proof that I was in that helicopter that night. | 你们没有证据证明当晚我在那架直升机上 |
[29:10] | That’s because you wiped it down when you brought it back. | 那是因为你还回来时 把指纹都擦干净了 |
[29:13] | But you took something with you, didn’t you? | 但你顺走了一些东西 不是吗 |
[29:17] | We found this in your apartment. | 我们在你的公寓里找到了这个 |
[29:22] | Care to revise your statement? | 现在想改下你的口供吗 |
[29:25] | Let me help you again. | 我再帮你回忆一下 |
[29:26] | Edmund figured out a way | 艾德蒙德想出了一个 |
[29:27] | to make a quick score for you both. | 让你们二人迅速发家致富的方法 |
[29:29] | He worked the party, | 他在派对上工作 |
[29:30] | And you were the getaway flier. | 你驾驶着逃跑用的直升机 |
[29:33] | And then when he got back into the chopper, | 等他上了直升机的时候 |
[29:35] | you decided you wanted it all for yourself. | 你决定一个人独吞全部 |
[29:37] | All what? All he had was that damn clock. | 全部什么 他拿的不过就是个该死的钟 |
[29:40] | Not just any clock. | 那可不是个普通的钟 |
[29:42] | A Tomas Tilledge worth $30,000. | 托马斯·蒂莱吉的钟价值三万多美元 |
[29:45] | That crap is worth 30 grand? | 那破玩意儿值三万多吗 |
[29:48] | You didn’t know that? | 你不知道吗 |
[29:49] | No, I– and I didn’t kill him. | 不 我 我没有杀他 |
[29:51] | Come on, Dave. You just admitted to being there. | 得了吧 大卫 你刚承认案发当时在现场 |
[29:55] | All right! I was there. | 好吧 我确实在场 |
[29:58] | Ed said he’d pay me 2 grand | 艾德说会付我两千块 |
[29:59] | to fly the chopper to that building, | 只要我把直升机开到那栋大楼上 |
[30:01] | wait while he loaded something on, and take off, | 等着他搬上来一些东西 然后飞走 |
[30:03] | And it wasn’t no clock. | 装上去的可不是钟 |
[30:05] | He wanted to know how much extra weight the chopper could handle. | 他想试试那直升机能承受多少的额外重量 |
[30:08] | What was he planning on taking? | 他打算装什么 |
[30:10] | For 2 grand, I didn’t ask. | 他给了两千块 我就没多问 |
[30:11] | I just flew to the helipad and waited. | 我就把直升机开过去等着 |
[30:13] | Then all of a sudden, here comes Edmund, | 然后突然间 艾德蒙德就冲了过来 |
[30:14] | running out on the roof with the clock, | 带着钟在屋顶上跑 |
[30:16] | yelling, “Go! Go! Go!” | 嘴里喊着 快走 快走 |
[30:17] | Next thing I know, we’re taking fire. | 接下来我只知道 有人对我们开火 |
[30:19] | – Someone was shooting at you? – Hell, yeah. | -有人冲你们开枪吗 -是的 |
[30:20] | They nailed Edmund just as he boarded the chopper. | 艾德蒙德刚爬上去 就被他们射中了 |
[30:23] | Did you see who it was? | 你见到开枪的人了吗 |
[30:24] | No, it was dark. | 没有 当时太黑 |
[30:25] | I just cowboyed the hell out of there. | 我就赶紧起飞了 |
[30:28] | But poor Ed. | 可怜的艾德 |
[30:29] | I kept yelling to him to close the damn door, | 我不停地喊 把该死的门关上 |
[30:31] | but when I turned back, he was already dead. | 可等我回头看时 他已经死了 |
[30:35] | The chopper banked hard. Before I knew it, | 飞机晃得厉害 不知什么时候 |
[30:38] | he was gone. | 他已经不在了 |
[30:41] | Well, if Dave is telling the truth, | 如果大卫说的是实话 |
[30:42] | the shooter was in that building. | 那凶手就在那栋楼里 |
[30:44] | Not just in the building. | 不只是这样 |
[30:45] | The only access to the helipad is through Case Commerce, | 想要到达停机坪 只能通过凯斯商务 |
[30:48] | which means our killer was at the party. | 也就是说凶手当时就在派对上 |
[30:50] | Okay, but what was Edmund doing? | 可艾德蒙德怎么会去派对 |
[30:52] | What was he planning on stealing that weighed so much? | 他偷个那么重的东西到底要干吗 |
[30:54] | And why would he take that stupid clock? | 再说他干嘛偷那破钟 |
[30:56] | It makes no sense. | 真是一团乱 |
[30:57] | It makes even less sense now. | 现在更乱了 |
[30:58] | We were running through elevator security footage | 我们在查看电梯监控时 |
[31:00] | and we found one person who went up to the party | 发现了一个并不在 |
[31:02] | who wasn’t on the guest list. | 客人名单上的人 |
[31:04] | The neighbor kid– Tim Cabot? | 那个邻居小孩 蒂姆·卡伯特 |
[31:06] | And look what he’s holding. | 看他手里的东西 |
[31:08] | A motorcycle helmet. | 一个摩托车头盔 |
[31:09] | So he was the one that followed Edmund | 这么说他就是那天晚上骑摩托 |
[31:11] | on the motorcycle that night. | 跟踪艾德蒙德的人 |
[31:12] | Kid’s got a record, too– | 这孩子有前科 |
[31:13] | B&E, assault, possession. | 破门入室 袭击他人 非法占有 |
[31:15] | Yeah, but what the hell was he doing there? | 可他到那个地方去干吗 |
[31:17] | I think I may have an answer. | 我想我知道原因 |
[31:19] | Remenber that class-action suit against SunCove Funding? | 记得那起针对日湾基金公司的集体诉讼吗 |
[31:21] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:22] | My contact at the S.E.C. dug these up. | 我让证交会的朋友帮我查到了这些 |
[31:24] | SunCove’s original articles of incorporation, | 日湾公司成立的原始条款 |
[31:27] | showing the name of the account signatory. | 上面有账户持有人的签名 |
[31:29] | Look familiar? | 看着眼熟吗 |
[31:30] | “James Edmund Smith,” the victim. | 詹姆斯·艾德蒙德·史密斯 就是死者 |
[31:33] | Santa is the shark | 圣诞老人就是 |
[31:35] | who bilked those people out of their homes? | 骗取人们房子的元凶 |
[31:37] | He has more blood on his hands than that. | 他的罪过不仅限于此 |
[31:39] | Tim Cabot’s father died in a car crash. | 蒂姆·卡伯特的父亲死于一场车祸 |
[31:41] | Fell asleep at the wheel working three jobs | 拜艾德蒙德·史密斯所赐 为了还清膨胀贷款 |
[31:43] | to pay his inflated mortgage, courtesy of Edmund Smith. | 他要干三份工作 最后在开车时睡着了 |
[31:47] | That was Christmas Eve, five years ago. | 车祸发生在五年前的圣诞夜平安夜 |
[31:48] | The Christmas that Edmund walked out on his life. | 就是艾德蒙德离开他妻子的那个圣诞节 |
[31:51] | So… | 这么说 |
[31:52] | it’s a tale of redemption. | 这是一个赎罪的故事 |
[31:55] | Edmund moves next door | 艾德蒙德搬到了 |
[31:56] | to the family whose lives he destroyed, | 这个被他毁掉的家庭隔壁 |
[31:58] | dedicating his life to repairing theirs, | 全心全意地补偿他们 |
[32:00] | never telling them who he really is. | 没有告诉他们自己的真实身份 |
[32:03] | But what if Tim found out? | 蒂姆会不会知道了他的身份 |
[32:06] | Then it’s a very different tale. | 那这就是另一个不同的故事了 |
[32:11] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Cabot, | 很抱歉 卡伯特夫人 |
[32:12] | but we need to speak to your son. | 我们要跟你儿子谈谈 |
[32:16] | Your mom doesn’t know, does she? | 你妈妈不知情 对不对 |
[32:17] | But you do. | 不过你知道 |
[32:19] | You knew who he was, | 你知道他的身份 |
[32:20] | and how he ruined your lives. | 知道他是如何毁了你们的生活 |
[32:23] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[32:24] | Yeah, I-I knew. | 我都知道 |
[32:25] | Tim, wh– | 蒂姆 什 |
[32:26] | It was, Ed, mom. | 都是艾德干的 妈 |
[32:27] | He was SunCove. He’s the one who bled us dry. | 他曾经在日湾工作 是他把我们害成这样 |
[32:29] | Ed? Our Ed? | 艾德 帮我们的艾德吗 |
[32:30] | You must have been pretty angry when you found out. | 你发现真相时一定很气愤 |
[32:32] | Hell, yeah, I was angry. | 当然 我当然生气 |
[32:34] | When he told me, I wanted to kill him. | 他告诉我一切时 我真想杀了他 |
[32:37] | But I didn’t. | 可我没那么做 |
[32:38] | Wait. | 等等 |
[32:39] | He told you? | 他告诉了你 |
[32:40] | Yeah. Last week. | 没错 就在上周 |
[32:42] | He asked for my forgiveness | 他乞求我的原谅 |
[32:43] | and he said he wanted to make things right. | 说自己想弥补我们 |
[32:45] | The lawyer was gonna drop the lawsuit, | 律师本来要放弃诉讼了 |
[32:47] | but Ed said he couldn’t sit by anymore. | 可艾德说他不能再袖手旁观 |
[32:48] | He knew where there was evidence that could win our case, | 他知道能让我们赢下官司的关键证据在哪 |
[32:50] | but he needed my help. | 可他需要我帮忙 |
[32:51] | What kind of help? | 什么样的忙 |
[32:56] | I’m good with locks, all right? | 我很擅长开锁 |
[32:58] | He needed me to slip in to the party with the waitstaff | 他让我跟着服务员溜进那个派对 |
[33:00] | and jimmy open the storage room door in back. | 然后撬开后面储藏室的们 |
[33:02] | And why didn’t you tell us this before? | 为什么你之前不告诉我们 |
[33:03] | Because I couldn’t get in trouble again. | 因为我不能再让自己陷入麻烦了 |
[33:05] | I need to be here for my mom. | 我得在家陪我妈 |
[33:06] | What was in the storage room? | 储藏室里都有什么 |
[33:08] | Files. Boxes of ’em. | 文件 有好几箱 |
[33:11] | Edmund said that they were the original, | 艾德蒙德说这些都是原始文件 |
[33:12] | unaltered loan docs from SunCove. | 是日湾公司未经篡改的贷款文件 |
[33:15] | They were the evidence he needed to set things right. | 这就是为了打赢官司他所需要的证据 |
[33:18] | One of his old partners must be at Case Commerce. | 他过去的某个同事肯定在凯斯商务工作 |
[33:20] | He recognized Edmund, | 他认出了艾德蒙德 |
[33:22] | realized he was going after those files. | 意识到他是来偷文件的 |
[33:23] | And that’s why he needed the helicopter. | 这就是为什么他需要直升飞机 |
[33:25] | He couldn’t exactly cart them out the front door. | 带着文件他没法从前门出去 |
[33:27] | And with the cops all over the building, | 由于整个楼层都是警察 |
[33:29] | it would’ve been risky for the killer to destroy them. | 凶手也没办法销毁那些文件 |
[33:31] | Which means they’re still there. | 说明文件还在原处 |
[33:33] | Along with our killer. | 跟凶手在一起 |
[33:40] | I tried to stop them, but they had a warrant. | 我想拦下他们 可他们有搜查令 |
[33:42] | What the hell is this all about? | 这到底是怎么一回事 |
[33:45] | We were about to ask you the same thing. | 我们也正想说同样的话 |
[33:49] | I’m telling you, | 告诉你们 |
[33:50] | I’ve never seen those files in my life. | 我从来没见过这些文件 |
[33:52] | So then what were they doing | 那它们怎么会在 |
[33:53] | in your office storage space, Mr. Case? | 你办公室的储藏室 凯斯先生 |
[33:55] | I don’t have the slightest idea. | 我完全不知情 |
[33:58] | Are we really gonna play this game, | 我们真的要这么周旋下去 |
[33:59] | where you deny things that you and I both know are true? | 看你否认一些咱们都心知肚明的事情吗 |
[34:03] | Like you telling me | 就像上次 |
[34:04] | that you didn’t know Edmund? | 你告诉我们不认识艾德蒙德一样 |
[34:07] | We ran a background check. | 我们做了背景调查 |
[34:09] | You and Edmund were business associates. | 你跟艾德蒙德曾是商业伙伴 |
[34:11] | So why would you claim that you didn’t know him | 你不会否认自己认识他 |
[34:13] | unless you were hiding something, | 除非你是想隐藏什么 |
[34:15] | like your involvement with SunCove Funding? | 比如说过去在日湾基金公司工作过的事实 |
[34:17] | Did the two of you talk about how much money you could make | 你们俩是不是谈论过如果扭曲规则 |
[34:20] | if you could just bend the rules, | 就可以赚大钱 |
[34:22] | how easy it would be to forge documents | 做一些造假文件就可以轻而易举 |
[34:24] | to put people into mortgages that they couldn’t afford, | 让人们背负起自己根本还不起的债务 |
[34:27] | and how you could make a quick buck | 然后把他们的房子卖给投资者 |
[34:28] | by selling them off to investors? | 自己就可以赚一大笔呢 |
[34:30] | There’s nothing in those files that can implicate me, | 光凭这些文件你们根本查不到我头上 |
[34:33] | and nothing to tie me to SunCove Funding | 也无法证明我跟日湾基金公司 |
[34:35] | or to that man’s death. | 或那个男人的死有何关系 |
[34:39] | That clock that was stolen, where did it come from? | 那个被偷的钟是从哪来的 |
[34:41] | I’m not sure. I’ll have to ask my decorator. | 不知道 我得问问室内装潢师 |
[34:43] | Don’t bother. We already have documents | 别麻烦了 我们已经 |
[34:44] | that prove it belonged to the Cabots. | 拿到文件证明它是卡伯特家的东西 |
[34:47] | Who are the Cabots? | 卡伯特一家是什么人 |
[34:48] | One of the families whose house you stole. | 是你曾经谋害过的众多家庭中的某个 |
[34:50] | They put that clock up as collateral against a loan, | 他们把那口钟作为贷款抵押品 |
[34:53] | and when they couldn’t make the payments, | 还不起贷款时 |
[34:55] | SunCove Funding kept it, | 日湾就有权扣押那口钟 |
[34:57] | and that… | 就是它 |
[34:58] | connects you to SunCove. | 能证明你在日湾工作过 |
[35:06] | When you saw Edmund that night, | 你那晚见到艾德蒙德时 |
[35:07] | you realized that he was going after the files | 就意识到他是为了那些文件而来的 |
[35:10] | because he was gonna blow the whistle on SunCove. | 因为他打算曝光日湾 |
[35:12] | You knew that Edmund could implicate you, | 你知道艾德蒙德会把你也牵连进去 |
[35:14] | so you killed him. | 于是你就杀了他 |
[35:15] | No. You’re wrong. | 不 你错了 |
[35:16] | The U.S. Attorneys’ office would freeze your assets. | 检察院会冻结你所有资产 |
[35:19] | They would seize all of your money. | 你所有的钱都会被没收 |
[35:22] | You were gonna lose everything. | 你会失去一切 |
[35:24] | Now that is motive, that is opportunity, | 动机有了 机会也有了 |
[35:26] | and that is enough for any jury to convict you. | 足够让陪审团给你定罪了 |
[35:29] | I did not kill Edmund. | 我没杀艾德蒙德 |
[35:34] | But I know who did. | 但是我知道凶手是谁 |
[35:37] | She was here. | 她来了 |
[35:39] | She stopped by the party. | 她来参加派对了 |
[35:41] | You must be kidding me? Why would I kill him? | 开什么玩笑 我为什么要杀他 |
[35:43] | Because he couldn’t live with himself any longer, | 因为他无法再这样活下去 |
[35:45] | with what he had done, | 他为自己的行为感到愧疚 |
[35:47] | which meant that he was gonna take away | 那就意味着他将夺走 |
[35:48] | the one thing that he left you after the divorce– | 离婚后 他留给你的唯一一样东西 |
[35:51] | Your lifestyle, | 富足的生活 |
[35:52] | paid for by Suncove Profits. | 那生活是依靠日湾供给的 |
[35:54] | He didn’t come to you to apologize that night, did he? | 他不是找你来道歉的 |
[35:58] | He came to warn you, because he knew | 他来警告你 |
[36:00] | that if he blew the whistle on Suncove, | 因为他知道他一旦举报了日湾 |
[36:01] | you stood to lose everything. | 你就失去了一切 |
[36:03] | This is absurd. | 这太荒谬了 |
[36:03] | You knew where he was going and you knew why. | 你知道他要去哪 你也知道原因 |
[36:05] | So you followed him to the rooftop, | 所以你跟踪他来到房顶 |
[36:07] | and then you shot him. | 射杀了他 |
[36:08] | I was at the benefit. | 我当时在参加慈善晚宴 |
[36:09] | We know you were at Case Commerce. | 我们知道你在凯斯商务 |
[36:11] | We have a witness. You killed Edmund. | 我们有目击证人 你杀了艾德蒙德 |
[36:27] | When he left me, he told me, he never wanted to hurt me. | 当他离开的时候 他说他没想过伤害我 |
[36:30] | That’s what people always say | 在伤害你之前 |
[36:31] | right before they hurt you. | 人们都这么说 |
[36:35] | Yes, he left me my lifestyle. | 是的 他留给了我富足的生活 |
[36:38] | Five years later, he shows up on my doorstep, | 五年之后 他出现在我门口 |
[36:40] | Telling me again how he doesn’t want to hurt me. | 再次对我说他没想过要伤害我 |
[36:47] | You know what the worst part is? | 知道最糟糕的是什么吗 |
[36:49] | Just for a moment, when he stood there that night, | 有那么一刻 看到他站在那 |
[36:51] | I was happy to see him. | 我好开心 |
[36:55] | You got to admire the guy. | 你得佩服这家伙 |
[36:57] | Sacrificed everything to redeem himself. | 放弃了所有去弥补过失 |
[36:59] | It’s too bad his past caught up with him. | 最后还是被过去夺去了生命真可惜 |
[37:01] | Still, those files are on their way to the U.S. Attorneys’ office. | 不管怎么说 那些档案寄到检察院去了 |
[37:04] | Now the Cabots have a real shot at getting back what they lost. | 卡伯特一家有机会夺回失去的东西了 |
[37:07] | Along with the 42 other families, | 还有其他42个家庭 |
[37:09] | All because of Edmund. | 都是因为艾德蒙德 |
[37:14] | Speaking of people having their homes stolen… | 说到家被人偷了 |
[37:16] | Is that your mother-in-law again, sir? | 又是你婆婆吗 长官 |
[37:18] | Detective, if you happen to receive a report | 探长 如果你今天收到消息 |
[37:20] | of a homicide tonight at my address, | 我家发生了命案 |
[37:22] | do me a favor. | 帮了忙 |
[37:23] | – Ignore it. – Yes, sir. | -不要理会 -遵命 |
[37:26] | Well, Castle. Looks like you might have been right. | 卡塞尔 看来你是对的 |
[37:28] | Maybe there is a Santa Claus after all. | 还真有圣诞老人 |
[37:30] | Whether there’s a Santa Claus or not, | 不管有没有圣诞老人 |
[37:32] | that’s not why I love christmas. | 那不是我爱圣诞节的原因 |
[37:34] | When I was a kid, | 我小时候 |
[37:35] | no matter how bad things got, | 不管生活有多糟 |
[37:37] | my mother always managed to make Christmas Eve magical. | 我妈总是能把圣诞节前夜变得很梦幻 |
[37:40] | Every year she would put on “The nutcracker suite.” | 每年她都会放《胡桃夹子》 |
[37:44] | And I thought, if she can do that in our tiny apartment | 我就想 在我们既穷又孤独的时候 |
[37:46] | when money was tight and we were alone, | 她都能让我们的小公寓那么有节日气氛 |
[37:48] | it gave me hope that things could get better. | 那给了我希望 一切会好起来 |
[37:52] | I love that feeling, that sense of hope. | 我喜欢那种感觉 希望的感觉 |
[37:55] | It’s crazy, you know? | 其实挺奇怪的 |
[37:56] | On the shortest, darkest days of the year, | 在全年最短最黑的一天 |
[37:58] | people of all faiths celebrate the light. | 所有人都在庆祝光明 |
[38:01] | Plus, who doesn’t love presents? | 再说了 谁会不喜欢礼物 |
[38:14] | Merry christmas. | 圣诞节快乐 |
[38:15] | You, too. | 圣诞节快乐 |
[38:33] | What you still doing here? | 你怎么还没走 |
[38:34] | Shouldn’t you be at home, | 不是应该回去 |
[38:35] | stuffing your wife’s stocking? | 给老婆的袜子里塞礼物了吗 |
[38:39] | I don’t think I’m ready, Javi. | 我觉得自己还没准备好 哈维 |
[38:40] | For what, sex? | 你是说上床吗 |
[38:42] | No, for what sex leads to. | 不是 是之后的事 |
[38:44] | We’re putting up the tree the other day, | 我们把圣诞树立起来那天 |
[38:46] | Jenny says to me, | 珍妮说 |
[38:49] | “It just doesn’t feel like Christmas without kids.” | 没有孩子感觉不像圣诞节 |
[38:52] | She wants to try. | 她想要孩子 |
[38:54] | But I come to work, | 但是我来到局里 |
[38:56] | I watch the news every day… | 看着每天的新闻 |
[38:58] | It seems like the world’s falling apart. | 感觉这世界要崩塌了 |
[39:01] | How am I supposed to bring a kid into that? | 我怎么能把孩子带到这个世上呢 |
[39:03] | The world’s always falling apart, bro, | 这世界一直在崩塌 |
[39:08] | But having kids, making a family, | 但正是成家生子 |
[39:11] | that’s what keeps it together. | 让世界美好起来 |
[39:13] | So go home. | 回家吧 |
[39:15] | Make a baby. | 开始造人 |
[39:18] | You’re ready. | 你准备好了 |
[39:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:21] | Thanks, bro. | 谢了 兄弟 |
[39:24] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[39:25] | Yeah. Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[39:39] | Mother, the glogg is excellent. | 老妈 格拉格酒太赞了 |
[39:41] | And… thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:43] | Everything looks excellent. | 一切都很赞 |
[39:46] | Just like always. | 跟往常一样 |
[39:50] | Oh, Richard, Richard, darling, | 理查德 亲爱的 |
[39:52] | you don’t have to look so miserable. | 没必要这么沮丧 |
[39:53] | Oh– she’s right, dad. | 奶奶说得对 爸 |
[39:55] | We know how much this tradition means to you. | 我们知道这传统对你来说有多重要 |
[39:57] | So we both decided to cancel our plans. | 所以我们都决定取消我们的计划 |
[40:01] | We’re here all night, | 我们整晚都在 |
[40:02] | Like always. | 跟往常一样 |
[40:08] | I love you both so much that you would do that for me. | 你们为我这样做 我很爱你们 |
[40:12] | But I was wrong about tonight. | 但关于今晚 我是错的 |
[40:16] | There’s someplace I need to be. | 我要去一个地方 |
[40:20] | Dad, I– – Go. | -爸 我 -去吧 |
[40:22] | Go, go, go. | 走吧 |
[40:31] | I… | 我 |
[40:34] | Uh… I was just coming to see you. | 我正要去见你 |
[40:35] | I was coming to see you. | 我也是 |
[40:37] | What about your shift? | 你的轮班怎么办 |
[40:38] | I got Karpowski to cover. | 我让卡波斯基替我了 |
[40:40] | What about your family tradition? | 你家的传统怎么办 |
[40:44] | I was just thinking, it’s time for a new tradition. | 我在想 是时候换个真传统了 |
[40:46] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[40:48] | Oh, for god sakes, | 老天 |
[40:49] | Richard, invite the girl in. | 理查德 赶紧请姑娘进来 |
[40:52] | Right. Would you… | 哦对 你 |
[40:53] | Yeah. | 好 |
[41:00] | It’s beautiful. | 真美 |
[41:15] | Merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[41:19] | I didn’t get you anything. | 我没给你买什么 |
[41:21] | What? | 什么 |
[41:27] | Mrs. Cabot? | 卡伯特太太 |
[41:28] | I’m Detective Esposito. | 我是埃斯波西托警探 |
[41:30] | I have something that I think belongs to you. | 我这有件东西是你的 |
[41:39] | We found out that your husband put that up for collateral | 我们发现你丈夫把这个作为抵押物 |
[41:41] | against the mortgage on your house. | 还你们房子的贷款 |
[41:43] | I haven’t seen this for so long. | 我好久没看到这个了 |
[41:46] | It was handed down through his family for generations. | 这在他家传了好几代 |
[41:49] | I think that’s why Edmund took it. | 所以艾德蒙德才会拿走 |
[41:51] | He wanted you to have it back. | 他想还给你 |
[41:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:59] | Wait. | 等下 |
[42:01] | Why don’t you come inside? We’re just having dinner. | 你进屋坐坐吧 我们刚好在吃晚饭 |
[42:09] | Okay. | 好啊 |