时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Welcome to Night of Dance, | 欢迎收看《热舞之夜》 |
[00:03] | American favorite dance competition. | 美国最受欢迎的舞蹈比赛 |
[00:04] | With your host, | 有请主持人 |
[00:06] | Brad Melville. | 布莱德·梅维尔 |
[00:13] | Good evening, America. | 晚上好 美国 |
[00:15] | It’s dance-off time, | 又到了一决舞功的时间 |
[00:16] | and the theme is Latin. | 今晚主题是拉丁舞 |
[00:19] | As always, tonight’s challengers | 一如既往 今夜的挑战者 |
[00:20] | were hand picked by the judges. | 都是经过评委精心选拔出来的 |
[00:23] | Max, are you looking forward to watching these two Rumba? | 麦克斯 你期待看到两位挑战者跳伦巴舞吗 |
[00:26] | I’m looking forward to Santino redeeming himself | 我期待桑蒂诺能挽回 |
[00:29] | for his Samba-inspired solo dance last week. | 上周桑巴风格独舞的失利 |
[00:32] | Pathetic. | 惨不忍睹 |
[00:33] | It was like a terrible dream my dog would have | 就像我的狗吃了巴西大餐的剩菜 |
[00:36] | after eating the leftovers of my Brazilian dinner. | 之后做的噩梦 |
[00:40] | You know our semifinalists. | 大家都见过我们的半决赛选手了 |
[00:42] | Our matchup is– Santino versus… | 对决阵容是 桑蒂诺对 |
[00:45] | Odette. | 奥黛特 |
[00:46] | Can the arrogant bad boy best America’s sweetheart? | 傲慢的坏男孩能打败美国甜心吗 |
[00:50] | Let’s get right to it. | 让比赛马上开始吧 |
[00:52] | Tonight’s elimination dance between Santino and Odette | 今夜在桑蒂诺和奥黛特间进行的淘汰赛 |
[00:55] | will mean the end of the road for one of them. | 意味着他们中的一个将走到尽头 |
[00:57] | One will be eliminated on Monday’s results show. | 他们中一人将在周一结果揭晓节目中被淘汰 |
[01:00] | The other will be guaranteed a spot in the final two. | 而另一个将晋级总决赛二强 |
[01:05] | Ladies and gentlemen– | 女士们先生们 |
[01:06] | Santino and Odette! | 有请桑蒂诺和奥黛特 |
[01:26] | Odette, are you in there? | 奥黛特 在吗 |
[01:35] | Guess who I ran into at the beauty parlor today? | 猜猜我今天在美容院碰到谁了 |
[01:38] | Mother, I’m at a critical juncture and– | 妈妈 我正写到关键地方而且 |
[01:40] | Oona Marconi. | 乌娜·马可尼 |
[01:41] | Oona Marconi the theater critic? | 那个剧评家乌娜·马可尼吗 |
[01:43] | I thought I might invite her to dinner. | 我想请她吃饭 |
[01:45] | Ask her to give a little mention to my acting school, | 请她在她的专栏里 |
[01:48] | put it into one of her columns. | 提一提我的表演学校 |
[01:50] | It would be invaluable publicity. | 这会是非常有效的宣传 |
[01:52] | Yes, well, that would depend on the mention. | 是的 但那得看怎么提 |
[01:54] | You aren’t forgetting her blistering review…of your performance | 你没忘记她对你在《热铁皮屋顶上的猫》中 |
[01:58] | of Maggie in “Cat on a hot tin roof”, are you? | 饰演的玛吉的刻薄评论吧 |
[02:00] | That was 1983. | 那是1983年 |
[02:01] | I think I’m over it. | 事情已经过去了 |
[02:02] | “Martha Rodgers as Maggie the cat | “玛莎·罗杰斯饰演的”小猫”玛吉 |
[02:05] | is more of a helpless kitten, | 更像一只无助的猫咪 |
[02:07] | mewing and flapping her hands when she doesn’t get her way.” | 只要不能如愿就又是拍手又是喵喵叫” |
[02:10] | You memorized it? | 你记下来了 |
[02:11] | I couldn’t help it. | 没办法 |
[02:12] | You walked around the apartment quoting it for months. | 几个月里你都在公寓里走来走去念叨着这句话 |
[02:15] | Mother, I’m just saying, | 妈妈 我想说的是 |
[02:16] | maybe it’s not a good idea to ask | 也许找一个曾对你不怎么友善的人 |
[02:18] | an important favor of someone who’s been | 帮你这么重要的忙 |
[02:20] | so… unkind to you in the past. | 不是个好主意 |
[02:23] | The operative word here is “Past.” | 这里的关键词是”曾” |
[02:26] | I think I can rise above. | 我想我可以不受这事的影响 |
[02:29] | Besides, my acting school | 另外 我的表演学校 |
[02:30] | is more important to me than some old grudge. | 对我来说比那些陈年旧事重要多了 |
[02:32] | Well, that’s very mature of you, mother. | 这可真成熟 妈妈 |
[02:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:35] | “If Tennessee Williams knew what crimes Martha Rodgers | “如果田纳西·威廉斯知道玛莎·罗杰斯 |
[02:38] | had committed against this audience in his name, | 以他的名义对观众犯下的罪行 |
[02:40] | he would have her arrested for assault.” | 他会以伤害罪逮捕她” |
[02:45] | Rising above. | 不受影响 |
[02:49] | Come on, Castle. How mean can this critic be? | 别逗了 卡塞尔 这个剧作家能有多刻薄 |
[02:51] | I’m just afraid that she’s gonna get her heart broken, you know? | 我只是怕她是在自寻伤心 |
[02:53] | I mean, you know my mother. | 你知道我妈妈 |
[02:54] | On the exterior, she’s a tough cookie. | 看外表 坚强自信 |
[02:56] | But underneath all that bravado– | 她的虚张声势其实掩藏了 |
[02:59] | gooey center. | 她脆弱的心 |
[03:00] | Hey, Lanie. | 蕾妮 |
[03:02] | So who’s our victim? | 死者是谁 |
[03:03] | Odette Morton. | 奥黛特·莫顿 |
[03:04] | ’cause of death is a single G.S.W. to the heart. | 死因是心脏中一枪 |
[03:06] | Probably a 9 millimeter. She died instantly. | 可能是9毫米的子弹 她当场死亡 |
[03:09] | The bullet went right through her. | 子弹穿透了她的身体 |
[03:10] | Well, unless our killer used a silencer | 除非凶手用了消音器 |
[03:13] | someone must have heard the shot. | 否则肯定有人听到枪声 |
[03:14] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[03:15] | According to the stage manager, this area clears out | 根据舞台经理说的 开始录制节目时 |
[03:18] | once taping starts. | 这里就没人了 |
[03:19] | Plus the opening pyrotechnics could’ve covered a gunshot. | 另外开幕焰火也会掩盖枪声 |
[03:21] | Well, that’s assuming that she was shot just as the show started. | 那前提是她正好是在节目开场时中枪的 |
[03:24] | It looks like she was. | 看起来就是这样 |
[03:25] | Yeah, the, uh, | 是的 |
[03:27] | makeup girl finished with Odette at 2:45, | 化妆师在三点差一刻给奥黛特画完妆 |
[03:29] | Taping starts at 3:00, | 三点开始录制节目 |
[03:31] | and she was discovered at 3:04. | 三点过四分发现她的尸体 |
[03:33] | 19 minutes. That’s not a very big window. | 十九分钟 很短的时间区 |
[03:35] | All right, see if the crew saw anyone near this room around that time. | 去问问有没有员工看见有谁靠近这间房间 |
[03:37] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[03:38] | Hey, Ryan. Can I get a list of all the guests | 莱恩 能给我份今晚被邀请来 |
[03:41] | that were invited to tonight’s taping | 参与录制的所有来宾 |
[03:42] | along with anyone that checked in at security? | 和在保安那里登过记的人员名单吗 |
[03:44] | Uh, already on it, | 已经在统计了 |
[03:45] | but that’s not the only way in here. | 但那不是唯一的入口 |
[03:47] | There’s an exit door to the alley down the hall. | 大厅的走廊尽头还有一个安全出口 |
[03:49] | The crew guys like to prop it open | 工作人员经常把门开着 |
[03:50] | so they can go out for a smoke. | 好出去抽根烟 |
[03:51] | So either our killer got lucky and found an unlocked door… | 那么要么凶手碰巧找到了没锁的们 |
[03:54] | Or this was an inside job. | 要么是内部人员作案 |
[03:55] | That gets my vote. | 我也认为是这样 |
[03:56] | Odette was a lock to win this thing. | 奥黛特肯定会胜出 |
[03:59] | I bet it was one of her backstabbing rivals that did this. | 我打赌是她哪个卑鄙的对手干的 |
[04:02] | What? I watch the show. | 怎么啦 我看这个节目 |
[04:04] | Odette was my favorite contestant. | 奥黛特是我最喜欢的选手 |
[04:06] | She was an heiress raised by her rich grandpa, | 她是有钱祖父养大的女继承人 |
[04:08] | a party girl headed down the wrong path, | 一个误入歧途的派对女郎 |
[04:10] | then a brush with death made her wake up | 与死亡擦肩而过令她幡然醒悟 |
[04:12] | and change her bad-girl ways. | 改变了她的坏女孩作风 |
[04:14] | That’s a great story. | 故事不错 |
[04:15] | Except for the ending. | 就是结局不如人意 |
[04:16] | I gotta say, Dr. Parish. | 我得说 帕里什医生 |
[04:18] | I never figured you for a fan of “A night of dance”. | 没想到你会是《热舞之夜》的粉丝 |
[04:20] | I’m not exactly. | 其实我不是 |
[04:22] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[04:24] | When I was young, more than anything, | 我小时候 最大的梦想就是 |
[04:25] | I wanted to be a prima ballerina. | 成为首席芭蕾舞演员 |
[04:27] | If I wasn’t dancing, I was thinking about dancing. | 我没跳舞的时候心里也想着跳舞 |
[04:30] | So what happened? | 那么发生了什么事 |
[04:31] | The girls came along when I was 13. | 我十三岁的时候开始发育 |
[04:33] | Not that many top-heavy ballerinas out there. | 跳芭蕾的没几个是波涛汹涌的 |
[04:35] | Well, I think there should be. | 我觉得该多点这样的 |
[04:37] | Of course you do. | 你当然喜闻乐见了 |
[04:37] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[04:40] | Although… | 不过呢… |
[04:41] | Does Odette have any next of kin? | 奥黛特有什么亲属吗 |
[04:42] | Um, Paul Morton, her brother. | 保罗·莫顿 她的哥哥 |
[04:44] | Okay, great. Bring him down here. | 好 把他带过来 |
[04:45] | And talk to the rest of the contestants, | 和剩下的选手聊聊 |
[04:47] | I want to see if anyone is taking this competition | 我想知道是不是有人 |
[04:49] | just a little too seriously. | 把这场比赛看的太认真了 |
[04:51] | We understand that you and Odette | 我们了解到你和奥黛特 |
[04:52] | were rehearsing your dance most of the day. | 一整天都在排练你们的舞蹈 |
[04:54] | How did she seem? | 她看起来怎么样 |
[04:55] | On edge. We both were. | 她很紧张 我们两个都是 |
[04:57] | I mean, one of us was about to be eliminated, | 我们之中会有一个人被淘汰 |
[04:59] | which is why I can’t believe she just left rehearsal at 11:00 | 所以我不敢相信她彩排到11点就走了 |
[05:01] | and took off for half an hour. | 竟然离开了半个小时 |
[05:02] | – To do what? – She wouldn’t say. | -去做什么了 -她不说 |
[05:04] | But everything was riding on this dance. | 但是这支舞将决定一切 |
[05:06] | She told me she had to meet a friend. | 她告诉我她要去见一个朋友 |
[05:08] | She asked me to cover if anyone was looking for her. | 如果有人找她让我掩护一下 |
[05:13] | Um… do you have any idea | 你知道她 |
[05:15] | why she was being so secretive? | 为什么遮遮掩掩的吗 |
[05:16] | The producers don’t like us to leave the studio on show day. | 制作人不喜欢我们在演出当天离开演播室 |
[05:19] | So it must have been important. | 所以一定是重要的事 |
[05:20] | Well, the NYPD thanks you | 纽约警察局 |
[05:23] | for your cooperation. | 感谢你的配合 |
[05:25] | You, too. | 也感谢你 |
[05:29] | Damn. | 靠 |
[05:30] | – Did you see that? – Mm-hmm. | -你看见了吗 -嗯 |
[05:32] | She acted like I didn’t even exist. | 她好像装作我不存在一样 |
[05:33] | You don’t. | 你确实不存在 |
[05:35] | Not since you put that ring on your finger. | 你带上戒指的那一刻起你就不存在了 |
[05:37] | Get used to being invisible to single women. | 习惯单身女性把你当隐形人的现实吧 |
[05:43] | I’ve never seen her happier than these past couple months. | 我从来没有见她像过去几个月这么开心过 |
[05:45] | I can’t believe that my sister’s dead. | 我真不敢想象我的妹妹死了 |
[05:48] | We understand she had some… | 我们知道她 |
[05:50] | difficulties in the past. | 过去有一些困难 |
[05:51] | A few years ago, our grandfather passed away, | 几年前 我们的祖父去世了 |
[05:53] | and Odette took it hard. | 奥黛特很难接受这个事实 |
[05:55] | Uh, she quit school, | 她退了学 |
[05:56] | she broke off her relationship with a nice guy, | 和一个很好的人分了手 |
[05:58] | started hanging out with a bad crowd. | 开始和不正经的人鬼混 |
[06:00] | What kind of bad crowd? | 什么样的不正经人呢 |
[06:01] | You know, partiers and druggies. | 派对动物和吸毒的 |
[06:03] | She was arrested several times. | 她被逮捕了很多次 |
[06:05] | But after the accident, she left all of that behind. | 但是事故过后 她就改过自新了 |
[06:08] | That was her brush with death? | 你是指她差点死掉那次 |
[06:09] | It was a train derailment last year. | 是去年的一次火车脱轨事件 |
[06:11] | Odette was on board. | 奥黛特在车上 |
[06:13] | She made it out alive, but it scared the hell out of her. | 她成功得活下来了 但把她吓得不轻 |
[06:16] | She turned her life around. | 于是她改变了自己的人生轨迹 |
[06:17] | Six months of dance training, and the next thing that I know, | 六个月的舞蹈训练 接下来我知道的就是 |
[06:20] | she’s auditioned for “A night of dance” | 她试镜了《热舞之夜》 |
[06:22] | and been accepted. | 而且被选中了 |
[06:23] | She finally found a direction in life. | 她终于找到了人生中的方向 |
[06:26] | She was so close to realizing her dream. | 她差一点就圆了自己的梦 |
[06:28] | Was there anyone in Odette’s old life | 奥黛特生前有没有 |
[06:30] | that could’ve come back to cause trouble for her? | 可能给她带来麻烦的人 |
[06:31] | Not that I’m aware of. | 据我所知没有 |
[06:33] | What about on the show? Anyone she didn’t get along with? | 演出中呢 有没有和她不合的人 |
[06:36] | Uh, uh, she did mention someone, | 呃 她确实提到了一个人 |
[06:38] | another contestant. | 另外一个选手 |
[06:39] | I think she said his name was Eddie. | 我记着她说他的名字是艾迪 |
[06:45] | Detective Beckett, they’re waiting for you. | 贝克特探长 他们在里边等你呢 |
[06:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:49] | Detective Beckett, | 贝克特探长 |
[06:51] | as co-creator and executive producer of “Night of Dance” | 做为《热舞之夜》的合作创始人和制作人 |
[06:54] | I have instructed my staff to provide you | 我已经吩咐我的员工 |
[06:55] | with anything and everything you need | 为你提供任何你需要 |
[06:57] | to help solve this terrible murder. | 来破这起谋杀案的帮助 |
[06:59] | – Anything. – Absolutely anything. | -任何事 -绝对的 |
[07:01] | Thanks. | 非常感谢 |
[07:01] | Now Odette told her brother that there was someone | 奥黛特告诉她的哥哥剧组里 |
[07:03] | on the show that she didn’t get along with. | 有个人和她合不来 |
[07:05] | Eddie Gordon, but he’s not here anymore. | 艾迪·戈登 但是他已经不在了 |
[07:08] | Last week, Eddie and Odette performed | 上周 艾迪和奥黛特在淘汰赛中 |
[07:09] | a Bob-Fosse-inspired number for the elimination dance-off. | 表演了一段受鲍勃·弗希启发的一段舞蹈 |
[07:12] | We voted and sent Eddie home. | 我们投票把艾迪淘汰了 |
[07:14] | He was upset. | 他很沮丧 |
[07:16] | – How upset? – Well, you have to understand, | -有多沮丧 -你得知道 |
[07:18] | all the contestants are cast on this show | 所有的参赛者都会在节目中 |
[07:20] | to tell their unique yet familiar stories. | 讲述他们独特但又熟悉的故事 |
[07:23] | Odette was the poor little rich girl, | 奥黛特是个可怜的富家女孩 |
[07:25] | and Eddie was the kid from the wrong side of the tracks. | 而艾迪却是个贫穷的痞子 |
[07:28] | We cast Eddie to bring the drama. | 我们选艾迪是为了戏剧效果 |
[07:30] | Eddie brought the drama | 艾迪带来了戏剧效果 |
[07:31] | and not just for the cameras. | 而他带来的戏剧效果不光光是镜头前的 |
[07:33] | He was furious when we sent him packing. | 我们让他打包走人的时候他很生气 |
[07:35] | and we all got an earful about it. | 话讲的相当难听 |
[07:37] | Oh, and he was so rude. | 他太无礼了 |
[07:39] | I had to call security. | 我不得不叫保安 |
[07:40] | Was he threatening? | 他有威胁任何人吗 |
[07:41] | Let’s just say, I was relieved when he was gone. | 这么说吧 他走了之后我松了一口气 |
[07:45] | Ironic, really. | 不过真是很讽刺 |
[07:45] | How so? | 为什么 |
[07:46] | Well, according to the rules, | 根据赛制 |
[07:47] | when a contestant is unable to continue, | 当一个参赛者不能继续参赛 |
[07:50] | the last eliminated dancer returns | 上一个被淘汰的舞者会回来 |
[07:52] | to take his or her place. | 代替他或她的位置 |
[07:53] | And that dancer is Eddie Gordon. | 而那个人就是艾迪·戈登 |
[07:56] | Let me tell you something | 让我告诉你一些 |
[07:57] | about Miss sweet-and-innocent Odette. | 关于单纯可爱小姐奥黛特的事吧 |
[07:58] | She threw me under the bus tonight. | 她今天晚上阴我 |
[08:01] | She blew off rehearsals all week, | 她缺席了整整一周的彩排 |
[08:02] | then messed up her footwork and blames it on me. | 她搞错了自己的舞步 还把失误怪在我身上 |
[08:05] | Where I’m from, we know what to do | 知道按我们那儿的规矩 |
[08:06] | with lying bitches like that. | 怎么对付这样撒谎的婊子吗 |
[08:09] | That was Eddie’s exit interview. | 那是艾迪的临别采访 |
[08:11] | The contestants are encouraged by producers to speak freely. | 制片人鼓励选手们放开了说 |
[08:14] | He certainly took their advice. | 他显然是采纳了他们的意见 |
[08:16] | Eddie has got a record back home in Rochester, | 艾迪在罗切斯特有犯罪记录 |
[08:18] | and one of the assistants at “A night of dance” | 一位《热舞之夜》的助理说 |
[08:20] | says they remember seeing him in the studio | 记得在奥黛特被杀的那天下午 |
[08:22] | the afternoon Odette was murdered. | 在摄影棚看到了他 |
[08:24] | Okay, so Eddie was eliminated, | 那么艾迪被淘汰了 |
[08:26] | but he knew that if Odette was out of the running, | 但是他知道如果奥黛特不能参加比赛 |
[08:28] | he’d be asked to return and take her slot. | 他就会被叫回来代替她的位置 |
[08:29] | So he went back and eliminated Odette… | 所以他回来”淘汰”奥黛特 |
[08:32] | Permanently. | 永久地淘汰 |
[08:46] | B&E, robbery– | 入室抢劫 盗窃 |
[08:47] | you were pretty busy up in Rochester, Eddie. | 你在罗切斯特还真是忙啊 艾迪 |
[08:50] | Yeah, but that was a long time ago. | 没错 但那是很久前的事了 |
[08:52] | When I started dancing, I gave up thug life. | 开始跳舞之后我就不过恶棍一样的生活了 |
[08:54] | Yeah, well, that didn’t stop you from going off | 但当你被淘汰的时候 |
[08:55] | on the judges when you were eliminated. | 你还是对评委态度很恶劣 |
[08:57] | Me going home was the wrong call | 淘汰我是他们错误的选择 |
[08:59] | and I said so. | 我就是这么说的 |
[08:59] | Maybe I said it loud, | 或许我说出来了 |
[09:00] | but that don’t make me no killer. | 但说狠话可不代表我是杀人凶手 |
[09:01] | Now that Odette can’t finish the competition, | 现在奥黛特不能完成比赛 |
[09:03] | the last eliminated contestant will be asked to return, | 上一个被淘汰的选手会被叫回来参赛 |
[09:06] | and that’s you, Eddie. | 那个人就是你 艾迪 |
[09:07] | Like my daddy used to say, | 就像我爸爸曾经说的 |
[09:08] | the universe works in mysterious ways. | 天道难测 |
[09:10] | And maybe you decided to give the universe just a little shove. | 也许你决定”助天行道” |
[09:14] | So what were you doing at the studio on show day? | 录制那天你在演播室做什么 |
[09:17] | I went by early to see my boy Santino. | 我提前过来看我兄弟桑蒂诺 |
[09:19] | Give him support on his big day. | 为他的大日子鼓鼓劲 |
[09:20] | You got an answer for everything, don’t you, Eddie? | 你还真是对答如流 艾迪 |
[09:22] | And you know what else you got? | 知道你还有什么吗 |
[09:23] | You got motive and opportunity. | 你有动机和动手的机会 |
[09:24] | Man, I was across town when that mess happened, | 这事发生时我正在城市的另一头 |
[09:26] | meeting my agent. | 见我的经纪人 |
[09:27] | But last week, something was going on with Odette… | 但上周 奥黛特确实有些事缠身 |
[09:32] | Something that didn’t have nothing to do with dancing. | 一些和跳舞无关的事 |
[09:34] | – What do you mean? – She was out of it. | -什么意思 -她练舞时不在状态 |
[09:36] | Missing easy steps, | 跳错简单的舞步 |
[09:38] | she’d say she’s going to the ladies room, | 她说要去洗手间 |
[09:39] | and then be gone for half an hour. | 却一去半小时 |
[09:40] | What do you think she was doing? | 你觉得她在干什么 |
[09:41] | I know what she was doing. | 我知道她在干什么 |
[09:43] | I saw her go out the back door, | 我看见她从后门穿出 |
[09:45] | meet some guy in the alley. | 在小巷里和个男人见面 |
[09:47] | They talked real serious for a minute, | 他们很严肃地谈了一会儿 |
[09:50] | then she handed him a roll of bills. | 然后她给了他一卷钞票 |
[09:52] | Looked like 3 grand easy. | 好像有三千 |
[09:54] | You get a good enough look at this guy? | 你有看清楚那个男人吗 |
[09:55] | You think you can provide us with a sketch? | 能为我们画幅肖像吗 |
[09:57] | Yeah. I can do that. | 可以 我能办到 |
[10:00] | So Eddie Gordon spoke the truth. | 艾迪·戈登说的是真话 |
[10:02] | He was meeting with his agent when Odette was shot. | 奥黛特别杀时 他确实正见经纪人 |
[10:05] | So maybe he was also telling the truth | 那他说看见奥黛特在小巷里 |
[10:06] | about the guy he saw Odette with in the alley. | 和个男人见面也可能是真话了 |
[10:09] | Well, he gave us a sketch. | 他为我们画了幅肖像 |
[10:10] | Pretty generic, though. | 但是没啥特点 |
[10:11] | Handsome, caucasian, dark hair. | 深发白人帅哥 |
[10:13] | You know, that missing half-hour when Odette left rehearsal | 可能她在中枪那天 |
[10:15] | the day she was shot– | 离开排练的半小时 |
[10:17] | maybe she was with him. | 就是和他在一起 |
[10:19] | I’ll have uniforms circulate the sketch around the studio, | 我会让警员在演播室周围散播肖像 |
[10:21] | see if anybody recognizes him. | 看是否有人能认出他 |
[10:22] | Okay, so if Odette had straightened up after the train accident, | 如果奥黛特在列车事故后回归正道 |
[10:26] | What was she doing behind the stage door | 那她在后台门外偷偷 |
[10:27] | secretly giving some guy a roll of bills? | 给人一卷钱是为什么 |
[10:29] | Could be a drug deal. | 可能是毒品交易 |
[10:30] | Maybe Odette was falling back into old habits. | 也许奥黛特的又犯老毛病了 |
[10:32] | Any recent withdrawals in her bank statement? | 银行账单上有近期的提款记录吗 |
[10:34] | Yeah, not for that amount of money, but check out… | 没有那么大的数额 可看看… |
[10:37] | these credit card payments. | 这些信用卡支付记录 |
[10:39] | For the last six months, Odette’s credit card spending | 在过去的半年里 奥黛特的信用卡支出 |
[10:41] | was pretty much steady, and then about a month ago, | 都很稳定 但大约一个月前 |
[10:43] | it suddenly shot up. | 它却猛然增加了 |
[10:45] | No kidding. Her cards were maxed out. | 可不是 她卡都刷爆了 |
[10:47] | Over 100 grand in charges? | 花费超过十万美元了 |
[10:49] | What was she spending all that money on? | 她把这些钱都花哪了 |
[10:50] | Thank you for coming in, Mr. Lynchberg. | 谢谢你的到来 林奇伯格先生 |
[10:52] | You were Odette’s business manager | 你既是奥黛特的业务经理 |
[10:55] | as well as the executor of her grandfather’s estate? | 也是她祖父财产的遗嘱执行人吗 |
[10:57] | And now I have the unfortunate task | 很不幸 现在还需 |
[11:00] | of handling Odette’s estate as well. | 处理奥黛特的财产 |
[11:02] | And who inherits her share of the family trust? | 那谁会继承她在家族信托中的份额 |
[11:04] | Per Odette’s wishes, | 遵照奥黛特的遗嘱 |
[11:05] | it goes to the Graham Morton Foundation. | 份额会归格兰姆·莫顿基金会 |
[11:08] | It’s a charitable organization. | 这是个慈善组织 |
[11:10] | You know, I noticed a pretty big spike | 我留意到上月她的开销 |
[11:12] | in her spending over the last month. | 有了非常大的增幅 |
[11:13] | – Do you have any idea what that was about? – I’m sure you know | -你知道是怎么回事吗 -相信你知道 |
[11:15] | that after Odette’s grandfather passed away three years ago, | 自从三年前奥黛特的祖父过世后 |
[11:18] | she went through a bad period. | 她经历了一段黑暗时期 |
[11:20] | Yeah, her brother filled us in– | 是的 她哥哥已告知我们了 |
[11:21] | parties, drugs. | 开派对 吸毒 |
[11:23] | Of particular concern to me during that time was her spending. | 那时候我尤其关心的就是她的开销 |
[11:26] | Odette would get drunk and spontaneously buy a car | 她会喝得烂醉 突然就买辆车 |
[11:29] | or put a bid down on a new apartment. | 或是投标一间新公寓 |
[11:32] | She paid for her friend’s nose job– | 她还会为朋友的隆鼻手术买单 |
[11:34] | just whatever struck her fancy. | 就是随心所欲 肆意妄为 |
[11:36] | But then after the train accident last year, | 但在去年列车事故之后 |
[11:38] | all that stopped. | 一切都停止了 |
[11:39] | It was, uh, refreshing to those of us who cared about her. | 这使关心她的我们都舒了一口气 |
[11:43] | I was worried that last month’s credit card charges | 我当时担心她上月的挥金如土是 |
[11:46] | indicated that she might have been backsliding. | 故态复萌的表现 |
[11:48] | What was she buying? | 她都买了什么 |
[11:50] | Clothing mostly. | 大部分都是衣服 |
[11:52] | The bulk of the charges were over two days | 那两天大部分开销 |
[11:54] | at one particular 5th Avenue Department Store. | 都在第五大道的一家百货公司 |
[11:56] | I’d like to see the original receipts. | 我想看看原始收据 |
[11:58] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[11:59] | This is the weirdest spending spree I have ever seen. | 这是我见过最奇怪的大血拼了 |
[12:02] | Odette spent tens of thousands of dollars on clothes, | 奥黛特在衣服上花了上万的美元 |
[12:05] | but nothing in her size according to these receipts. | 但从收据来看 衣服都不是她的尺码 |
[12:07] | Everything’s in size 4. | 所有的衣服都是4号 |
[12:09] | And I went through her apartment. | 而我搜查过她的公寓 |
[12:10] | I didn’t see 100 grand worth of new clothes. | 也没看见价值十万的新衣服 |
[12:12] | Maybe she hid ’em. | 也许她把它们藏起来了 |
[12:13] | Sounds to me like the old gas card scam. | 我听着像经典的加油卡诡计 |
[12:16] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:16] | Your parents put you on a strict allowance, | 父母对你的零用钱管得非常严 |
[12:18] | but they give you a gas card so you can fill your car. | 但他们给你张加油卡 好让你替车加油 |
[12:20] | Well, you fill your friends cars, | 你替朋友的车加油 |
[12:22] | and they give you cash. | 然后他们就给你现金 |
[12:24] | Some of my buddies in boarding school | 我一些在寄宿学校的朋友 |
[12:25] | – nearly doubled their allowance. – Uh-huh. | -就这样使零用钱翻了倍 -是嘛 |
[12:28] | Not me, of course. | 当然不是我 |
[12:31] | That… | 那… |
[12:33] | Don’t tell my mother. | 可别告诉我妈 |
[12:35] | So if Odette needed cash in a hurry to, | 这么说 如果奥黛特急着要现金 |
[12:37] | say, maybe pay off some guy in an alley… | 比如要在小巷里付钱给谁… |
[12:38] | But the monthly stipend from her family trust | 可每月家族信托所给的津贴 |
[12:40] | wasn’t enough to cover it. | 并不足以支付 |
[12:41] | So she charges the clothes, sells them to her friends, | 所以她买衣服 再倒卖给朋友 |
[12:43] | in some cash flow. | 周转点现金 |
[12:44] | Which is still not enough. | 但这些仍不够 |
[12:45] | The card’s maxed out, the money train stops, | 但信用卡刷爆 没法换钱了 |
[12:47] | and she can’t make payment to whoever she owes. | 她不能付款给债主了 |
[12:49] | She ends up dead. | 所以她死了 |
[12:51] | Yeah, but do you guys think that Odette actually had | 可你们真认为奥黛特有个 |
[12:53] | one size 4 friend | 穿4码衣服的朋友 |
[12:54] | willing to pay 100 grand for a bunch of pegged jeans | 愿意花十万美元买一堆小脚牛仔裤和 |
[12:57] | and a faux rabbit purse? | 一个人造兔毛手提包吗 |
[13:01] | Did you say rabbit? | 你刚才说兔毛吗 |
[13:04] | Jasmine. | 贾思敏 |
[13:06] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[13:10] | Where’d you get the bag? | 你是从哪里得到这包的 |
[13:11] | A friend gave it to me. | 一个朋友给我的 |
[13:12] | Your friend Odette Morton? | 是你的朋友奥黛特·莫顿吗 |
[13:14] | We talked to the salesperson, Jasmine. | 我们和售货员谈过了 贾思敏 |
[13:16] | She said that you were with Odette | 她说奥黛特当时跟你在一起 |
[13:17] | when she dropped 100 grand on clothes for you. | 给你买了十万块的衣服 |
[13:19] | Odette was very generous. | 奥黛特是个非常慷慨的人 |
[13:21] | She’s also very dead, | 但她死了 |
[13:22] | and I know a blackmail scheme when I hear one. | 我一听就知道这是个勒索骗局 |
[13:24] | Maybe Odette had something going on in her life | 也许奥黛特确实遇到了一些 |
[13:26] | she wanted to keep secret. | 不想让别人知道的事 |
[13:27] | You found out about it and told her | 可是被你发现了 |
[13:28] | that the price for your silence was a closet full of fancy duds. | 想要封住你的口 就得跟你买一整柜衣服 |
[13:31] | But why would I kill her? | 那我为何杀她呢 |
[13:32] | Maybe she couldn’t give anymore, you got frustrated, | 也许她不能继续满足你了 你很失望 |
[13:34] | you killed her. | 然后就杀了她 |
[13:35] | Maybe she decided to come forward herself, | 又或者她决定公开秘密 |
[13:37] | accuse you of blackmail, | 告你勒索 |
[13:38] | you killed her. | 然后你杀了她 |
[13:38] | Jasmine, these are just off the top of my head. | 贾思敏 我能想到的情节多了去了 |
[13:40] | – We can finish off this conversation at the precinct. – Wait. | -我们回警局再说吧 -等等 |
[13:47] | Last month, I was here working late, | 上个月 我有天很晚下班 |
[13:49] | and I happened to see Odette walk by my desk real fast, | 正好撞见奥黛特匆忙从我的位置旁经过 |
[13:51] | like she was upset. Next thing I know, | 一脸苦闷 然后我看到 |
[13:52] | here comes Brad Melville, like he’s looking for her. | 布莱德·梅维尔出现了 好像是来找她 |
[13:55] | Brad Melville, the show’s host? | 布莱德·梅维尔 节目的主持吗 |
[13:57] | Why would the host of “A Night of Dance” | 《热舞之夜》的主持人来找 |
[13:58] | be looking for a contestant? | 一个参赛选手干嘛 |
[13:59] | Aren’t they not supposed to fraternize? | 主持和选手不是禁止有交情吗 |
[14:01] | That’s why I followed him. | 所以我跟了上去 |
[14:02] | Brad and Odette were in the stairwell having a fight. | 布莱德和奥黛特在楼梯间吵了一架 |
[14:04] | About what? | 吵了些什么 |
[14:05] | I’m not completely sure. | 我不是很清楚 |
[14:06] | But when I bluffed Odette | 不过我吓唬奥黛特 |
[14:07] | that I was going to tell Max about her and Brad, | 要把她跟布莱德的事告诉麦克斯时 |
[14:09] | she got really nervous. | 她特别紧张 |
[14:10] | She offered to buy me some stuff I wanted if I’d keep quiet. | 她说她可以给我点好处 让我别说出去 |
[14:13] | And I thought that sounded like a good deal. | 我觉得这交易不错 |
[14:15] | But that’s it. I would’ve never hurt Odette. | 但事情到此为止 我绝不会伤害奥黛特的 |
[14:17] | You’ll have to pardon me if I don’t take you at your word. | 不好意思 你这话实在让人难以相信 |
[14:20] | Look, if anyone had a reason to murder Odette, | 如果说有谁想杀奥黛特 |
[14:22] | it was Brad. | 肯定就是布莱德 |
[14:23] | Just listen. I recorded the two of them. | 我有录音为证 |
[14:27] | We had a deal. | 我们明明说好了的 |
[14:28] | And I’m willing to stand by it if you are. | 如果你不说出去 我也不说 |
[14:30] | I have worked too hard to get where I am. | 我辛辛苦苦才爬到现在这个位置 |
[14:31] | If anyone finds out about this, Odette, | 如果别人知道这事 奥黛特 |
[14:33] | I swear, I’ll kill you. | 你就死定了 |
[14:36] | If Max Renfro found out that Brad Melville | 麦克斯·兰弗罗要是发现布莱德·梅维尔 |
[14:39] | was in a relationship with one of the contestants, | 跟某个选手有来往 |
[14:40] | what would happen? | 他会怎么做 |
[14:41] | She’d be thrown off the show, | 选手会被开除 |
[14:42] | and he’d be fired. | 主持人也是 |
[14:44] | Motive for murder, anyone? | 足够作为谋杀动机了 谁有异议不 |
[14:48] | If anyone finds out about this, Odette, | 如果有别人知道这事 奥黛特 |
[14:49] | I swear, I’ll kill you. | 你就死定了 |
[14:51] | That is completely not what it sounds like. | 事情不是你们听到的那样 |
[14:53] | What it sounds like, Brad, is you threatening | 布莱德 我们听到的是 在奥黛特 |
[14:54] | Odette Morton’s life a few weeks before she was murdered. | 死前数周 你威胁过奥黛特·莫顿 |
[14:57] | But I was trying to protect her. | 可我当初是想要保护她 |
[14:59] | Protect her how? | 怎么个保护法 |
[15:01] | I knew about Odette’s troubled past– | 我知道奥黛特有过一段麻烦史 |
[15:03] | the drugs, the D.U.I.s. | 总是嗑药 酒后驾车 |
[15:04] | But I also believed her when she said she was clean now | 可她说现在都戒了 还说跳舞 |
[15:07] | and that dancing was all she cared about. | 是她最在乎的事情 我也信过她 |
[15:08] | Are you trying to say that that wasn’t true? | 你是想说她在撒谎吗 |
[15:10] | What I’m trying to say is, | 我想说的是 |
[15:11] | two months ago, I walked into makeup early one morning, | 两个月前 我有一天很早就去化妆 |
[15:14] | and found Odette shooting up. | 结果发现奥黛特在注射毒品 |
[15:19] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[15:19] | 100% positive. | 百分之百确定 |
[15:21] | If Max knew she was using, | 要是让麦克斯知道这事 |
[15:23] | she would’ve been eliminated on the spot. | 她肯定会被当场淘汰 |
[15:24] | But you never told max. | 可你没告诉麦克斯 |
[15:26] | Odette promised she would clean up. | 奥黛特发誓她会戒掉 |
[15:27] | I gave her a second chance, but I also kept an eye on her. | 我就给了她一次机会 但我一直有留意她 |
[15:31] | Then a month ago, I caught her again. | 然后一个月前 她又被我抓了现行 |
[15:33] | I told her I was going to max, that she was on her own. | 我跟她说我没法再帮她了 我得告诉麦克斯 |
[15:36] | And did you? | 麦克斯知道了吗 |
[15:36] | No, because Odette threatened me. | 没有 因为奥黛特威胁我 |
[15:39] | She said that if I went to max and told him what I’d seen, | 她说如果我去麦克斯那里告密 |
[15:42] | that she’d go to him and tell him that I was the one | 她就要告诉麦克斯 |
[15:44] | that let her off the first time. | 我第一次放过了她 |
[15:45] | Max would’ve fired me | 麦克斯肯定会因为 |
[15:47] | for keeping a secret that big from him. | 我隐瞒了这么大秘密而开除我的 |
[15:48] | I’d be off the show. | 我就做不了节目了 |
[15:50] | I’d be Brian Dunkleman. | 我就成了布莱恩·邓克曼 |
[15:53] | Who’s Brian Dunkleman? | 布莱恩·邓克曼是谁 |
[15:54] | Exactly. | 看吧 没人知道他 |
[15:55] | So… if Odette went down, she was taking you with her. | 就是说如果奥黛特被开除 她就要拉你当垫背 |
[16:00] | Brad was right about her shooting up. | 布莱德说的没错 |
[16:01] | Found these hidden in a false bottom | 在她的珠宝箱的活底层里 |
[16:03] | underneath her jewelry box. No wonder C.S.U. missed it. | 找到了这玩意儿 怪不得鉴证组 |
[16:05] | – when they went through her apartment. – Could be speed. | -搜她公寓的时候没找到 -有可能是兴奋剂 |
[16:07] | Yeah, except I just got off the phone with Lanie, | 可我刚跟蕾妮通过电话 |
[16:09] | and she said that preliminary tox screen results show | 她说毒理检验报告显示 |
[16:11] | that Odette wasn’t using drugs, | 奥黛特没有吸毒 |
[16:13] | at least none of the usual ones. | 至少不是常见的毒品 |
[16:17] | So what the hell is in this bottle? | 这针管里头到底是什么东西 |
[16:25] | And so I said to Sir Laurence, “Larry, that is | 然后我跟劳伦斯爵士说 “拉瑞 这是 |
[16:28] | the second best performance of ‘Othello’ I have ever seen. | 这是我见过演《奥赛罗》的第二棒的演出 |
[16:32] | But I’m afraid no one can improve | 但是没有人能够超越 |
[16:34] | the Orson Welles interpretation.” | 奥森·威尔斯的表演” |
[16:36] | “Larry,” I said, | “拉瑞” 我对他说 |
[16:37] | “You’ve simply been outdone.” | “你就是没他演得好” |
[16:41] | Wow. What did, uh, Olivier say to that? | 呃 那奥利弗怎么回答的 |
[16:43] | He said… | 他说… |
[16:44] | “My dear girl, | “亲爱的 |
[16:45] | you have the makings of a theater critic.” | 你还真有戏剧评论家的天赋” |
[16:48] | And so here I am. | 于是我就成了评论家 |
[16:50] | Yes, indeed, you are. | 是啊 你确实有天赋 |
[16:52] | Oh, by the way, | 噢对了 |
[16:53] | I don’t know if I told you that recently, | 不知道你最近听说没 |
[16:56] | I opened my own acting school. | 我开了一家表演学校 |
[17:01] | Martha. | 玛莎 |
[17:02] | How wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[17:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:04] | How good of you to share | 你能把你 |
[17:06] | your years and… years of experience | “多年”的表演经验 |
[17:09] | with a new generation. | 跟下一代分享真是太好了 |
[17:12] | Yes, we are very proud. | 是啊 我们都为她感到自豪 |
[17:14] | And I was wondering, | 我在想 |
[17:15] | perhaps you might consider stopping by | 或许你可以赏脸来我的学校 |
[17:17] | and sitting in on a class or two, | 旁听一两堂课 |
[17:20] | and then if you felt so inclined, | 如果觉得还不错的话 |
[17:22] | mentioning our little school | 在你那个出色的专栏里 |
[17:24] | in one of your wonderful columns. | 提几句我学校的事 |
[17:28] | I’d be happy to do that. | 我乐意之至 |
[17:29] | You just tell me where and when. | 你把时间地点告诉我就好 |
[17:32] | Well, that’s lovely. | 那太好了 |
[17:35] | I just hope you’re not teaching your students | 希望你别把你那个在说重要台词前 |
[17:37] | your little trick of tilting your head | 把头往一边倾斜的 |
[17:39] | before delivering an important line of dialogue. | 小动作教给学生们 |
[17:43] | I don’t do that. | 我哪有这个动作 |
[17:44] | Well, you did it when you played Maggie the cat. | 你演”小猫”玛吉的时候就是这样的 |
[17:47] | Oh, and you fluttered your hands like little bird wings. | 对了 你双手还会像小鸟振翅那样抖动 |
[17:50] | I kept waiting for you to take off. | 我一直等着你飞起来呢 |
[17:53] | Who wants pie? | 谁要吃派吗 |
[17:54] | Alexis, would you– | 阿丽克西斯 你能不能 |
[17:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:56] | I believe that was the year that I was nominated for a Tony. | 我记得那年我获得了托尼奖的提名 |
[18:01] | Well, perhaps the American Theatre Wing | 也许比起我 美国戏剧协会 |
[18:03] | is more tolerant of head tilting and hand fluttering than I am. | 对于歪头和乱挥手更宽容一些 |
[18:09] | Oh, Martha, I’m just teasing. | 玛莎 我只是在开玩笑 |
[18:12] | You can’t possibly still be upset about that old review. | 你不会还在为以前的那则评论生气吧 |
[18:16] | Let’s not say anything we’ll regret. | 咱们别说会觉得后悔的话 |
[18:19] | That was no review. That was a hatchet job. | 那就不叫评论 那是诽谤 |
[18:21] | It was vicious and it was uncalled for. | 根本就是毫无理由的恶意诽谤 |
[18:24] | And it was also accurate. | 不过那的确是大实话 |
[18:27] | Rise above. | 别受影响 |
[18:29] | You know what, Oona? I rescind my request. | 知道吗 乌娜 我撤回我的邀请 |
[18:32] | There is no way I would accept your endorsement of my school now | 我现在绝不会接受你对我学校的赞扬 |
[18:36] | if you begged me. | 哪怕你求我 |
[18:37] | Fat chance of that. | 没可能 |
[18:40] | Just remember, Martha, | 你记住 玛莎 |
[18:42] | those who can’t do teach. | 演不利者 从教 |
[18:47] | And those who can’t teach | 教不利者 |
[18:49] | become theater critics. | 评 |
[18:55] | Gram. | 奶奶 |
[18:59] | Could’ve been worse. | 本可能更糟的 |
[19:02] | It couldn’t have been worse. | 糟到极致了 |
[19:03] | My mother exposed her gooey center, | 我妈妈敞开心扉 |
[19:04] | and Oona Marconi drove a stake through it. | 乌娜·马可尼却扎了把刀子上去 |
[19:06] | Well, tell her, I feel her pain. | 帮我转告她 我深表同情 |
[19:08] | Thanks. I will. Anything new on the case? | 谢了 我会的 案子有什么进展吗 |
[19:10] | Yeah, unis found the cafe that Odette went to at 11:00 a.m. | 警员找到了奥黛特遇害当天上午11点 |
[19:13] | the day that she was killed. | 她去过的咖啡馆 |
[19:14] | Scoring drugs off her mystery man? | 是去和神秘男子交易毒品吗 |
[19:16] | More like scoring a fat-free latte. | 是去喝杯脱脂拿铁 |
[19:19] | She met up with a friend for coffee. | 她约了个朋友喝咖啡 |
[19:22] | Suzanne Steiner. | 苏珊·斯坦纳 |
[19:23] | A friend? | 朋友 |
[19:25] | Leaving the studio on show day was a very big deal. | 录制日擅自离开可是件大事 |
[19:27] | What was so important that it couldn’t wait? | 有什么重要的事这么刻不容缓 |
[19:29] | According to Suzanne, she just wanted to talk about old times. | 苏珊说 她只是想叙叙旧 |
[19:31] | Hey, we got a fax from the lab. | 实验室发来份传真 |
[19:33] | That clear vial of liquid that we found at Odette’s apartment? | 我们在奥黛特公寓找到的小瓶清澈液体 |
[19:36] | It wasn’t illegal drugs. | 不是违禁药品 |
[19:37] | It’s insulin. | 是胰岛素 |
[19:38] | Odette was diabetic? | 奥黛特有糖尿病吗 |
[19:39] | Not according to her doctor. | 她医生说没有 |
[19:40] | He said he hasn’t seen her in over a year. | 他说已经一年多没见过她了 |
[19:42] | Well, maybe she developed it recently | 也许她是最近患上的 |
[19:44] | or maybe she went to a new doctor. | 有或者她换了个医生 |
[19:45] | Then why not just tell Brad Melville the truth, | 那为什么不直接告诉布莱德·梅维尔实情呢 |
[19:47] | that it wasn’t speed, it was insulin? | 那并不是甲基苯丙胺[一种兴奋剂]只是胰岛素 |
[19:49] | And why bother buying Jasmine half of 5th Avenue to keep it quiet? | 何必要贿赂贾思敏呢 |
[19:55] | Well, I think I can help with that. | 我想我知道答案 |
[19:56] | C.S.U. report is back on Odette’s place. | 奥黛特家的鉴证报告出来了 |
[19:58] | They only found one set of prints | 他们只发现了一组指纹 |
[20:00] | and they were not Odette’s. | 却不属于奥黛特 |
[20:02] | They belong to a woman named Barbra Landau. | 是一个叫芭芭拉·兰戴尔的女人的 |
[20:04] | Who the hell is Barbra Landau? | 芭芭拉·兰戴尔又是谁 |
[20:06] | Not someone who would run in Odette’s circles. | 是个不该跟奥黛特有交集的人 |
[20:08] | She was raised in foster care | 她在寄养家庭长大 |
[20:10] | and was a high school dropout. | 高中辍学 |
[20:11] | So she was staying with Odette? | 那她是和奥黛特一起住吗 |
[20:13] | We need to talk to her. | 我们得和她谈谈 |
[20:14] | That’s gonna be tough. | 八成是没戏了 |
[20:15] | Officially, Barbra Landau has been dead for over a year. | 据官方记录 芭芭拉·兰戴尔已经去世一年多了 |
[20:18] | Here’s her death certificate. | 这是她的死亡证明 |
[20:20] | She died of blunt force trauma | 她在一场火车相撞事故中 |
[20:21] | from injuries suffered in a train collision. | 被钝器砸中致死 |
[20:23] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[20:24] | The same train collision that Odette survived. | 正是奥黛特幸存的那次火车事故 |
[20:28] | Or did she? | 可她真的幸存了吗 |
[20:29] | You see that picture of Odette? | 看到奥黛特的照片了吗 |
[20:31] | Well, this… | 这张是… |
[20:34] | is Barbra. | 芭芭拉 |
[20:37] | They’re identical. | 一模一样 |
[20:38] | But that’s impossible. | 不可能 |
[20:40] | Impossible | 不可能吗 |
[20:41] | or the explanation to everything? | 这或许是所有问题的答案 |
[20:43] | The dramatic change in Odette after the accident, | 事故以后奥黛特发生了巨大的改变 |
[20:46] | the need to hide being a diabetic, | 还隐藏自己的糖尿病史 |
[20:48] | because Odette was not a diabetic… | 因为奥黛特没有糖尿病 |
[20:51] | Odette Morton didn’t survive that train crash. | 奥黛特·莫顿并没在事故中幸存 |
[20:53] | Barbra did. | 活下来的是芭芭拉 |
[20:54] | And like a phoenix rising from the ashes, | 如凤凰从灰烬中涅槃 |
[20:56] | Barbra Landau walked away from the wreckage of that train | 芭芭拉·兰戴尔从火车残骸里爬出来 |
[20:59] | and stole Odette Morton’s life. | 继而偷走了奥黛特·莫顿的生活 |
[21:08] | Twin girls are born and put up for adoption. | 双胞胎姐妹出生后被领养 |
[21:11] | Odette goes to a wealthy, loving family. | 奥黛特被有钱人家收养了 |
[21:14] | Barbra–not so lucky. | 芭芭拉就没那么幸运了 |
[21:16] | She gets bounced around from one foster home to the next, | 她辗转于寄养家庭之间 |
[21:18] | always knowing deep inside | 可内心深处她一直知道 |
[21:20] | that she was meant for something better. | 她注定能过上更好的生活 |
[21:22] | Then one day, the two of them meet on a train bound for Miami. | 然后有一天 她们在开往迈阿密的火车上相遇 |
[21:26] | The connection is instantaneous. | 姐妹之情一触即发 |
[21:27] | In two days, they learn everything there is to know about each other, | 在接下来的两天里 她们了解了彼此的一切 |
[21:30] | And Barbra can’t help but think, | 芭芭拉忍不住地想 |
[21:31] | If only I had landed in the lap of luxury like Odette, | 假如当初我也像奥黛特那样进入富人家 |
[21:35] | I could’ve been anything I wanted to be. | 我想干什么都行了 |
[21:37] | Are you suggesting that Barbra purposefully caused the derailment | 你是说芭芭拉为了夺走奥黛特的生活 |
[21:41] | to take over Odette’s life? | 制造了脱轨事故吗 |
[21:42] | With what, her crazy wiccan powers? | 怎么办到的 用巫术吗 |
[21:46] | Wow, that would be an incredible twist, | 那就会是个惊人大逆转了 |
[21:48] | But no, no. | 不是 当然不是 |
[21:49] | The accident happens. | 事故就是事故 |
[21:50] | Odette is killed. | 奥黛特遇害 |
[21:52] | Barbra survives. | 芭芭拉幸存 |
[21:53] | And in the midst of all the chaos and rubble, | 混乱之中 |
[21:56] | she sees her chance. | 她看到了机会 |
[21:59] | She switches identification with Odette, | 她跟奥黛特换了身份 |
[22:01] | and she changes her destiny. | 改变了自己的命运 |
[22:03] | In one move, Barbra builds herself | 仅用一步 芭芭拉就为自己 |
[22:06] | a better future, a perfect life. | 建立了一个更美好的未来和完美人生 |
[22:09] | Until she was murdered a year later. | 直到一年后还是被害了 |
[22:11] | Yeah, well, separated twin stories | “失散多年的双胞胎”这种故事 |
[22:13] | never end happily, | 从来不会有好结局 |
[22:14] | except “The Parent Trap.” | 除了《天生一对》 |
[22:16] | Blood tests are back. | 血液报告来了 |
[22:17] | Odette and Barbra | 奥黛特和芭芭拉 |
[22:18] | were not biologically related. | 并没有血缘关系 |
[22:20] | And Barbra has no living family we could find. | 我们也找不到芭芭拉在世的家人 |
[22:22] | If they’re not related, | 如果她们不是姐妹 |
[22:24] | how can Barbra look so much like Odette? | 怎么可能长得这么像 |
[22:26] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[22:26] | But we do have an address for her former place of employment, | 不过我们查到了她之前工作的地方 |
[22:29] | a strip club in midtown. | 是个市中心的脱衣舞俱乐部 |
[22:31] | See, we’ve been operating under the theory | 我们之前办案的思路是 |
[22:32] | that Odette was murdered because she was Odette. | 奥黛特因为她自己惹的事被害 |
[22:34] | But what if she was murdered because she was really Barbra? | 但如果她是因为她的真实身份而遇害呢 |
[22:37] | Find out everything you can about Barbra. | 查明芭芭拉的底细 |
[22:39] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[22:39] | I’m gonna reinterview Odette’s brother Paul. | 我要再询问一遍奥黛特的哥哥保罗 |
[22:42] | Is he a person of interest now? | 他现在成了嫌犯吗 |
[22:43] | I’m just having trouble believing that Barbra managed | 我只是不能相信芭芭拉 |
[22:46] | to fool Odette’s own brother for over a year. | 能瞒住奥黛特的哥哥一年多 |
[22:48] | He’s gonna have to convince me that he didn’t know. | 他得让我相信他不知情 |
[22:50] | Well, that sounds like something better done | 听起来这工作更适合 |
[22:53] | one-on-one, mano a mano. | 一对一死磕 |
[22:54] | Meantime, I want to take a ride downtown with the boys, | 而我想和他们一起去市中心走一趟 |
[22:56] | – check out that strip club. – Sorry, Castle. | -去脱衣舞俱乐部溜溜 -抱歉了 卡塞尔 |
[22:58] | Three’s a crowd. | 人已经满了 |
[23:04] | What’s up? Why you freezing out our boy like that? | 怎么了 为什么不让卡塞尔去 |
[23:06] | I want to try an experiment. | 我想做个实验 |
[23:07] | Having Castle along would mess things up. | 和卡塞尔一起去会搞砸的 |
[23:10] | Here. | 给你 |
[23:12] | Wear my wedding ring. | 戴上我的婚戒 |
[23:13] | What? Get that thing away from me, man. | 干啥呢 把那东西给我拿走 |
[23:15] | It’s a mood killer. | 这东西很扫兴 |
[23:16] | Just wear it when we’re at the club. | 我们在夜总会时你就戴着它吧 |
[23:17] | What for? | 为什么 |
[23:18] | See, I been talking to all my married guy friends, | 我已经和所有已婚男性朋友交流过了 |
[23:19] | they say that your theory is way off. | 他们说你的那套理论是胡扯 |
[23:21] | Wearing a wedding ring | 戴着婚戒 |
[23:23] | gets them more attention from women, not less. | 可以让男人更受女人关注 而不是相反 |
[23:25] | – So? – So wear the ring. | -所以呢 -所以你把它戴上 |
[23:28] | I want to see if women still flirt with you | 我想看看女人会不会继续跟你调情 |
[23:29] | and ignore me. | 同时无视我 |
[23:32] | So you didn’t want Castle to come because… | 那你不希望卡塞尔来的原因是 |
[23:33] | All the women would flirt with him. | 所有的女人都会和他调情 |
[23:36] | I want to know if it’s just the ring | 我想知道是不是只是婚戒的原因 |
[23:37] | that’s repelling members of the fairer sex. | 让女人们都敬而远之 |
[23:39] | It’s not the ring, bro. It’s you. | 和婚戒无关 老兄 是你自身原因 |
[23:42] | See, once you’ve been married for a little while | 当你结婚了一阵子 |
[23:43] | and you’re feeling a little bored and unsatisfied, | 你会感到一丝乏味和不满 |
[23:46] | The ring will get you love from the ladies. | 婚戒会让你得到女人们的爱慕 |
[23:48] | They’ll want to take you away from all that | 她们想让你脱离苦海 |
[23:50] | so that you can be bored and unsatisfied with them. | 好让你娶她们 然后再一起享受乏味和不满 |
[23:52] | Why not now? | 那现在为何不是这样 |
[23:54] | Cause now you’re all blissfully happy | 因为现在你沉浸在和妻子 |
[23:56] | with your wife and whatnot. | 以及新婚的幸福中 |
[23:57] | You have the stink of honeymoon phase all over you. | 你全身散发着蜜月期的臭味 |
[24:01] | No woman wants to be around that. | 没有哪个女人想接近的 |
[24:02] | How long does it last? | 会持续多久呢 |
[24:04] | Well, it’s hard to say. | 这说不准 |
[24:06] | But knowing you and Jenny, | 但根据对你和珍妮的了解 |
[24:08] | probably forever. | 也许是一辈子吧 |
[24:20] | Oh, yeah, Barbie. | 芭比这人呐 |
[24:22] | All she wanted was to be a dancer on Broadway. | 她成天梦想成为百老汇的舞蹈演员 |
[24:25] | She used to talk about it a lot, huh? | 她以前经常把这挂在嘴边吗 |
[24:27] | More than that. | 可不止呢 |
[24:28] | She got a makeover, changed her hair, | 她去美容了 换了发型 |
[24:30] | and then two years ago, she got her nose done | 两年前又给鼻子做了整形 |
[24:33] | even though her nose looked fine before. | 其实她鼻子原本就很好 |
[24:36] | Back in the day, did Barbra have trouble with anybody, | 当时芭芭拉有没有和任何人有过纠纷 |
[24:38] | say a customer, maybe a boyfriend? | 比如顾客或者男友 |
[24:40] | Boyfriend, yeah. Jason. | 男友 是有的 杰森 |
[24:44] | Could this be him? | 是他吗 |
[24:45] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[24:46] | Jason Bagwell. | 杰森·巴格维尔 |
[24:48] | Do you know where we can find Jason? | 你知道我们如何能找到杰森吗 |
[24:49] | He lived over in Alphabet City. | 他住在字母城[纽约曼哈顿一街区] |
[24:52] | He was always running some scam, | 他总是耍阴谋诡计 |
[24:54] | borrowing money from Barbra for some new business venture | 从芭芭拉那儿借钱用于新的投资 |
[24:57] | and never paying her back. | 而且从不还钱 |
[24:59] | But she loved him. | 但是她爱他 |
[25:01] | Crazy love, you know? | 疯狂的爱 懂吗 |
[25:02] | Oh, yeah. I do. | 我懂的 |
[25:04] | Well, you’ve been very helpful, Shantell. | 你帮了不少忙 香檀 |
[25:06] | Thank you for your time. | 多谢你能抽出时间 |
[25:08] | If you wanted, you could come back later. | 如果你愿意 可以等会儿再来 |
[25:10] | My show starts at 8:00. | 我的表演八点开始 |
[25:11] | I could probably– | 我可能会… |
[25:12] | He’s gotta get home to the little woman, Shantell, | 他老婆喊他回家吃饭呢 香檀 |
[25:14] | but we do thank you for your time and your cooperation. | 但我们真心感谢你的时间和合作 |
[25:18] | All right. | 好的 |
[25:22] | What’s wrong with you, man? | 你发什么神经 老兄 |
[25:23] | Why you gotta throw salt in my game like that? | 你为什么要坏了我的好事 |
[25:25] | You can’t pick up on honeys | 你现在不能勾搭女人 |
[25:26] | while wearing the eternal symbol | 你会玷污手上戴的婚戒 |
[25:27] | of my love and commitment to Jenny. | 它可是象征着我对珍妮永恒的爱与承诺 |
[25:30] | – Did I just say that out loud? – Mm-hmm. | -我是不是大声说出来了 -是的 |
[25:32] | No wonder women won’t flirt with me. | 怪不得女人们不和我调情 |
[25:34] | I’m a lost cause, | 因为她们清楚自己不可能勾引到 |
[25:35] | a man in love with his wife. | 一个深爱着自己妻子的男人 |
[25:38] | Enjoy it, my friend. | 知足吧 老兄 |
[25:39] | A lot of men would switch places with you. | 很多男人都羡慕你呢 |
[25:42] | Not me. Mnh-mnh. Other men. | 当然我除外 别的男人 |
[25:44] | Guys. Unhappy single guys. | 那些寂寞单身男 |
[25:46] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just give me my ring back, | 是啊 把婚戒还我 |
[25:48] | and you can go get Shantell’s phone number. | 然后你可以去问香檀的手机号 |
[25:49] | …You’re next up. | 下一个轮到你了 |
[25:53] | What the… ow. | 搞毛 |
[25:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:58] | It’s stuck. | 卡住了 |
[26:01] | The guys are out picking up Barbra’s ex-boyfriend. | 伙计们正在找芭芭拉的前男友 |
[26:04] | I thought I’d use the time to follow up | 我正好利用这段时间来跟进 |
[26:05] | on what they learned at the club. | 他们在夜总会得到的情报 |
[26:07] | Starting with the fact that Barbra Landau | 首先芭芭拉·兰戴尔 |
[26:10] | did get plastic surgery. | 确实做了整容手术 |
[26:11] | Here is her old D.M.V. Photo. | 这是她在车管局登记的旧照片 |
[26:13] | – She’s a pretty girl. – Exactly. | -她很漂亮 -是的 |
[26:15] | Plastic surgery didn’t make her look more beautiful. | 整容没有让她变得更漂亮 |
[26:17] | It just made her look more like Odette Morton. | 只是让她变得更像奥黛特·莫顿 |
[26:21] | You remember her accountant Samuel Lynchberg told you | 还记得她的会计塞缪尔·林奇伯格告诉你的话吗 |
[26:23] | that Odette paid for her friend’s nose job? | 奥黛特为她朋友的鼻部整形买单 |
[26:25] | And you think Barbra is that friend? | 你难道认为芭芭拉就是那个朋友 |
[26:27] | You think they knew each other? | 你认为她们互相认识 |
[26:28] | I know it. | 我确定 |
[26:29] | Lynchberg’s assistant confirmed it. | 林奇伯格的助手证实了这点 |
[26:30] | Odette paid for Barbra’s surgery plus expenses. | 奥黛特为芭芭拉的整容和开销买单 |
[26:33] | And I’m guessing you have a theory as to why. | 我猜你一定对其中的原因有套理论 |
[26:35] | You know Odette loved to party. | 你是清楚奥黛特喜欢派对的 |
[26:37] | Speaking from personal experience, | 从我个人经历来看 |
[26:39] | I can tell you that all that constant carousing | 那种持续的狂欢作乐 |
[26:41] | does not come without consequences, | 是不会没有恶果的 |
[26:44] | Like arrests, community service hours, | 比如拘捕 罚义务社区服务之类的 |
[26:46] | waking up in a strange hotel room | 或在某个陌生旅馆房间醒来 |
[26:48] | with some girl’s panties on your head. That’s… | 头上还套着女孩的内裤 那… |
[26:51] | Forget that part. | 当我没说过 |
[26:53] | Here is Odette doing her community service hours | 这就是奥黛特在社区服务时拍的照片 |
[26:56] | for her second D.U.I. in 2010. | 是惩罚她在2010年第二次酒后驾车 |
[26:58] | Here’s Odette at a bridal shower with friends. | 这是奥黛特和朋友参加一个新娘婚前派对的照片 |
[27:02] | So? | 那又如何 |
[27:02] | So according to the time stamps, | 根据时间标识 |
[27:04] | these photos were taken on the same day | 这两张照片是同一天拍下的 |
[27:05] | within 20 minutes of each other. | 相隔20分钟不到 |
[27:07] | So it was really Barbra at the soup kitchen. | 就是说在救济厨房的其实是芭芭拉 |
[27:10] | Odette would do the crime, | 奥黛特犯了罪 |
[27:11] | but she didn’t want to do the time. | 却不想去做社区义务劳动 |
[27:13] | So she created a faux-dette to do her dirty work for her. | 所以她让假冒的自己去帮她做苦活 |
[27:16] | A job that I bet paid very well. | 估计给了不少报酬 |
[27:19] | Maybe a wild night on the town | 也许在城镇的某个疯狂的夜晚 |
[27:20] | Brings Odette to the strip club, | 奥黛特来到了脱衣舞夜总会 |
[27:22] | where she sees Barbra– | 在那儿她见到了芭芭拉 |
[27:24] | all of Barbra– | 见到了芭芭拉的”一切” |
[27:25] | and she realizes, | 而她意识到 |
[27:26] | with a little work, | 只要花点心思 |
[27:27] | Barbra could be the perfect double for her, | 芭芭拉能成为她完美的分身 |
[27:30] | doing all the unpleasant jobs | 去做那些 |
[27:32] | that Odette simply couldn’t be bothered to do– | 奥黛特懒的去做的差事 |
[27:34] | community service hours, drug tests– | 社区服务 药检 |
[27:36] | And with a little training and some surgical tweaks, | 再稍加训练和一点整容手术 |
[27:38] | Barbra could do even more, | 芭芭拉还能做更多 |
[27:39] | like meetings with Odette’s business manager | 比如和奥黛特的经理人开会 |
[27:41] | or boring luncheons with her aunt Margaret. | 或是玛格丽特姨妈的无聊午宴 |
[27:43] | Nobody in Odette’s inner circle could’ve known about the ruse, | 奥黛特的小圈子里没有人知道这诡计 |
[27:46] | so that when the train crashed, | 所以当火车失事时 |
[27:47] | Barbra saw her chance to go from understudy to leading lady, | 芭芭拉看到了从配角成为主角的机会 |
[27:50] | – and she took it. – Okay, so that explains the transition, | -她抓住了这机会 -这能解释她的转变 |
[27:52] | but we still don’t know who killed her. | 但我们还是不知道谁杀了她 |
[27:53] | Maybe we do. | 也许我们知道 |
[27:55] | It would have to be someone that knew | 肯定是某个看到电视后 |
[27:57] | Odette was actually Barbra when he saw her on tv, | 发现其实奥黛特就是芭芭拉的人 |
[28:00] | someone who was looking | 某个想要从 |
[28:01] | to cash in on her new life… | 她的新生活中捞好处的人 |
[28:03] | Someone like Barbra’s boyfriend Jason. | 就像芭芭拉的男朋友杰森 |
[28:07] | I’m telling you, this is crazy. I didn’t kill anybody. | 我是说真的 这太疯狂了 我没有杀人 |
[28:11] | Here’s what I think happened– | 我认为事情的经过是这样的 |
[28:13] | you realized that Barbra didn’t die | 你意识到芭芭拉没有 |
[28:15] | in that train accident. | 在火车意外中死去 |
[28:16] | She was alive. | 她还活着 |
[28:17] | And living as Odette Morton, which meant she was very rich. | 而且变成了奥黛特·莫顿 这意味着她很富有 |
[28:20] | You knew her secret, and you wanted to be rich, too. | 你知道她的秘密 而你也想变富 |
[28:22] | But Barbra wasn’t the kind of girl | 但是芭芭拉不是那种 |
[28:23] | to claw her way into the good life | 好不容易攀上枝头 |
[28:24] | and then be taken advantage of by the likes of you. | 然后被你这种人占便宜的女孩 |
[28:27] | She rejected you, and so you shot her. | 她拒绝了你 所以你开枪杀了她 |
[28:29] | See, this–this is why I didn’t come forward. | 看到没 这就是我什么都没说的原因 |
[28:31] | I knew you’d suspect me. | 我知道你们会怀疑我 |
[28:33] | We suspect people with motive, Jason. | 我们怀疑有动机的人 杰森 |
[28:36] | You’ve got it wrong. | 你们搞错了 |
[28:37] | Barbra came to me. | 是芭芭拉来找的我 |
[28:39] | Two weeks ago, she showed up on my doorstep | 两个礼拜前 她出现在我门前 |
[28:42] | and told me the whole story. | 把整个故事告诉了我 |
[28:43] | Barbra had everything she could want– | 芭芭拉拥有所有她想要的一切 |
[28:45] | a perfect life. | 一个完美的生活 |
[28:46] | Why would she risk it all by getting in touch with you? | 她为什么会冒险联系你呢 |
[28:51] | Because she missed me. | 因为她想我了 |
[28:55] | And Odette’s life wasn’t as perfect | 而且奥黛特的生活并不像芭芭拉 |
[28:58] | as Barbra thought. | 想的那么完美 |
[29:00] | Barbra was lonely, | 芭芭拉很孤独 |
[29:01] | and she wanted to get back together. | 她想跟我重归于好 |
[29:03] | She told me she had found out some stuff about Odette, | 她告诉我她发现了一些关于奥黛特的事情 |
[29:05] | um, secrets from her past. | 她过去的什么秘密 |
[29:07] | – What kind of secrets? – I don’t know. | -什么秘密 -我不知道 |
[29:09] | But she said, if anyone found out, | 但是她说 如果有人发现了 |
[29:11] | it would all be over for her. | 一切都会被毁了 |
[29:14] | You think this secret got her killed? | 你觉得她是因为这个秘密被杀的吗 |
[29:16] | She said she could use it to her advantage. | 她说她可以利用这个秘密 |
[29:20] | She just needed more information. | 她只是还需要一些信息 |
[29:22] | Information was– was leverage, | 能够作为筹码 |
[29:23] | it would protect her, | 那信息可以保护她 |
[29:25] | but she had to move fast. | 但是她必须要快点行动 |
[29:28] | And she didn’t move fast enough. | 但她还是不够快 |
[29:31] | Barbra had been dancing since she was a little kid, | 芭芭拉从小一直跳舞跳到大 |
[29:33] | and all she ever wanted was to be a star on Broadway. | 她的梦想就是成为百老汇的明星 |
[29:39] | And she was so close. | 她就要成功了 |
[29:40] | So it wasn’t something from her own past | 所以不是她自己的过去 |
[29:42] | that got Barbra killed. | 使得芭芭拉被杀的 |
[29:44] | It was something from Odette’s. | 而是奥黛特的 |
[29:51] | Okay, so a week before her death, | 在她被害一周前 |
[29:53] | Barbra, as Odette, is acting odd, | 芭芭拉假扮的奥黛特 举止古怪 |
[29:56] | she’s missing rehearsals– | 她错过彩排 |
[29:57] | She seeks out her ex, | 她找到前男友 |
[29:59] | tells him that Odette’s perfect life isn’t so perfect | 告诉他奥黛特的完美生活并不完美 |
[30:01] | and that there’s something in Odette’s past | 而且奥黛特过去的某件事情 |
[30:03] | – that’s a problem. – Right. | -是个麻烦 -是的 |
[30:04] | So she needs information. So where does she go? | 她需要信息 她去哪了呢 |
[30:07] | Suzanne Steiner. | 苏珊·斯坦纳 |
[30:08] | Remember, Barbra met her for coffee the day she died? | 还记得吗 被害那天芭芭拉和她一起喝咖啡 |
[30:10] | She wanted to talk to Suzanne about old times. | 她想和苏珊聊聊旧时光 |
[30:12] | I’m not sure what help I can be. | 我不知道我能帮什么忙 |
[30:15] | Odette seemed fine the day that I saw her. | 那天奥黛特看上去挺正常的 |
[30:18] | Mm-hmm. | 是吗 |
[30:19] | Oh, I keep forgetting that she wasn’t Odette. | 我一直忘记她不是奥黛特 |
[30:21] | Oh, the resemblance was remarkable. | 她们实在是太像了 |
[30:23] | You said that she wanted to reminisce. | 你说她想要叙旧 |
[30:25] | How close were the two of you? | 你们两个有多亲近 |
[30:27] | Well, my dad was the butler in her grandfather’s home | 我父亲在她祖父家做了 |
[30:29] | for 20 years, so… | 二十年的管家 所以 |
[30:30] | we practically grew up together. | 我们两个可以说是一起长大的 |
[30:32] | And what did she want to talk about? | 那她想要谈些什么 |
[30:33] | Well, she asked about her grandfather. | 她问起了她祖父 |
[30:35] | Well, Odette’s grandfather. | 奥黛特的祖父 |
[30:37] | She talked about how close they had been. | 她说起他们以前有多亲近 |
[30:41] | And then she asked about the day that he died. | 然后还问起他去世的那天 |
[30:43] | – He died in his sleep, didn’t he? – Yeah. | -他是在睡梦中过世的 是不是 -是的 |
[30:45] | Yeah, he was 98. | 是的 他那时已经98岁了 |
[30:47] | It was odd that she asked, | 很奇怪她会问我 |
[30:49] | because I wasn’t there, | 因为那时候我不在那里 |
[30:51] | But she was– | 但她在的 |
[30:53] | Odette was– along with my father, | 奥黛特在 还有我父亲 |
[30:55] | and when I reminded her of that, | 在我提醒了她之后 |
[30:57] | she asked about my dad. | 她问起了我父亲 |
[31:00] | She said she wanted to… catch up with him. | 她说她想和他 叙叙旧 |
[31:03] | Do you know if the two of them ever spoke? | 你知道他们两个联系过了吗 |
[31:05] | Well, I gave her his number, | 我把他的号码给了她 |
[31:06] | but I-I’m not sure what happened. | 但我不知道发生了什么 |
[31:12] | Mnh-mnh. It’s not coming off. | 不行 还是拿不下来 |
[31:15] | It’s like it soldered itself onto my hand. | 像是焊在我手上了一样 |
[31:16] | Maybe it’s possessed, you know, | 说不定是被邪灵附体了 |
[31:18] | like some kind of cursed object from a Stephen King story. | 就像是斯蒂芬·金小说里被诅咒的邪器 |
[31:20] | How can I tell my wife that I’m not wearing my wedding ring | 我该怎么跟我老婆说 我没戴结婚戒指 |
[31:22] | because I lent it to Esposito as an experiment | 是因为我把戒指借给埃斯波西托 |
[31:24] | to see if strippers would flirt with me? | 来看脱衣舞女会不会和我调情 |
[31:27] | Maybe she’ll see the humor in it. | 也许她会觉得挺好笑的 |
[31:30] | – Not a chance. – You’re a dead man. | -绝对不可能 -你死定了 |
[31:32] | So Charles Carson, | 好了 查尔斯·卡森 |
[31:33] | former butler to Odette’s late grandfather. | 奥黛特死去祖父的前管家 |
[31:36] | No record, but get this– | 没有犯罪记录 但是听好了 |
[31:38] | his name rang a bell, so I looked up | 他的名字有点耳熟 我就查了 |
[31:40] | the guest list from Wednesday’s taping, | 星期三节目录制的宾客名单 |
[31:42] | and he’s on it. | 他在上面 |
[31:44] | Odette called in a last-minute ticket request for Mr Carson. | 奥黛特在最后时刻加了一张卡森先生的票 |
[31:47] | So he was at the show. | 这么说他在节目现场 |
[31:48] | Yes, security has him going through at 2:15, | 是的 保安说他是在2点15进场的 |
[31:50] | but after that, no one remembers seeing him. | 但在那之后就没有人记得见过他了 |
[31:53] | Okay, so Suzanne said that faux-dette | 苏珊说冒牌货 |
[31:56] | wanted to talk about the day her grandfather died. | 想谈论她祖父去世的那天 |
[31:58] | What if this was the secret that Barbra was on to? | 如果这就是芭芭拉发现的秘密呢 |
[32:01] | What if Graham Morton didn’t die of natural causes | 如果格兰姆·莫顿不是自然死亡 |
[32:03] | and she felt somehow Charles Carson here | 而她认为这个查尔斯·卡森 |
[32:04] | had something to do with it? | 与此事有关呢 |
[32:06] | We need to see Graham Morton’s autopsy report. | 我们得去看看格兰姆·莫顿的验尸报告 |
[32:09] | Based on my reading of the coroner’s report, | 根据我对验尸报告的研究 |
[32:11] | I can see why Graham Morton’s death was ruled natural causes. | 我能看出为什么格兰姆·莫顿会被判为自然死亡 |
[32:14] | However — | 然而 |
[32:15] | Ooh. There’s a however. | 转折来了 |
[32:16] | A very big however. Tell ’em. | 非常大的转折 说吧 |
[32:19] | There were some anomalies I found suspicious. | 有些异常之处让我觉得可疑 |
[32:21] | Evidence of petechiae in both eyes, | 莫顿先生的双眼都出现了淤点 |
[32:23] | fresh bruising on the right side of Mr. Morton’s nose, | 他的鼻梁右侧还有近期造成的淤青 |
[32:25] | which could have happened if, say, | 而这一切可能是 比如说 |
[32:27] | someone was holding a pillow over his face. | 有人用枕头捂住他的脸造成的 |
[32:30] | All in all, I think there’s ample evidence | 总之言之 有充分的证据表明 |
[32:32] | that Mr. Morton was murdered. | 莫顿先生是被谋杀的 |
[32:36] | Ample. | 充分的证据 |
[32:37] | Murdered. | 是谋杀 |
[32:39] | I am just so proud. | 我太为你骄傲了 |
[32:40] | – Dad, work. Boundaries. – Right. | -老爸 注意公私分明 -好吧 |
[32:43] | One more thing. When I requested the file be sent over, | 还有件事 我要求对方把档案发来时 |
[32:45] | the clerk told me | 职员告诉我 |
[32:46] | that I was the second person this week to ask for it. | 我是本周第二个要求看这个的人 |
[32:49] | Odette Morton was there on Tuesday. | 奥黛特·莫顿周二也去过那里 |
[32:51] | So Barbra realized Odette’s grandfather was murdered | 这么说芭芭拉发现奥黛特的祖父是被谋杀的 |
[32:55] | and must have thought Carson the butler | 她肯定也想到管家卡森 |
[32:56] | had something to do with it. | 跟这件事脱不了干系 |
[32:57] | And then when Carson figured out | 而当卡森发现 |
[32:58] | that Barbra knew too much, | 芭芭拉知道得太多了 |
[32:59] | he killed her. | 就把她给杀了 |
[33:00] | We’re gonna bring him in first thing in the morning. | 咱们明天一早就得把他叫来问话 |
[33:01] | And arrest him for a double murder. | 还要以双重谋杀罪逮捕他 |
[33:09] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[33:10] | Speak for yourself. | 我可一点都不好 |
[33:12] | Oh, Richard. I really messed up. | 理查德 我这次真是搞砸了 |
[33:15] | I just let my ego get the better of me, | 我就是为了逞一时只气 |
[33:18] | now Oona Marconi is never gonna endorse my school. | 这下乌娜·马可尼绝不会赞扬我的学校了 |
[33:21] | She’ll probably write something negative just out of spite. | 她也行还会为泄恨写些负面报道 |
[33:24] | Well, there is a chance you can still turn this around. | 你还是有机会扭转乾坤的 |
[33:26] | But are you willing to apologize to someone | 但问题是你愿意向一个 |
[33:29] | who doesn’t really deserve it? | 如此过分的人道歉吗 |
[33:30] | Darling, I don’t think a simple apology | 亲爱的 我觉得这现在根本就不是 |
[33:32] | is gonna get me out of this. | 道个歉就能解决的问题了 |
[33:33] | Then in the wise words of Don Vito Corleone… | 那我就只好引用唐·维托·柯里昂的一句名言了 |
[33:37] | you need to make her an offer | 你得给她提出一个 |
[33:39] | she can’t refuse. | 她无法拒绝的提议 |
[33:42] | And if there’s anything — | 如果我能 |
[33:43] | if there’s anything I can do to help, | 如果我能帮上忙的话 |
[33:45] | – you let me know. – I will. | -告诉我一声 -我会的 |
[33:47] | I will. | 我会的 |
[33:52] | Mr. Carson, you worked for Graham Morton for over 25 years. | 卡森先生 你为格兰姆·莫顿工作了二十五余年 |
[33:56] | I understand that you were very close with his grandkids. | 据我了解 你跟他的孙子和孙女关系很好 |
[33:59] | Well, as — as close as one could be | 我们关系的确很亲近 |
[34:02] | while still maintaining | 但我们仍是 |
[34:03] | the employer-servant relationship. | 雇主与雇员的关系 |
[34:05] | So when the victim called you and invited you | 所以当死者打电话邀请你 |
[34:07] | to the “Night of Dance” taping on Wednesday, | 去参加周三晚上的《热舞之夜》的录制 |
[34:10] | – you said yes. – I was delighted. | -你欣然同意了 -我乐意至极 |
[34:13] | She asked me to meet her afterwards | 她让我在录制结束后跟她聚聚 |
[34:15] | and said that she had a question for me, | 她说她有个问题要问我 |
[34:16] | but of course, as you know, they canceled the show, | 但正如你们所知的 录制取消了 |
[34:18] | and I didn’t find out until the next day what had happened. | 而我直到第二天才知道究竟发生了什么 |
[34:23] | I had no idea | 我完全不知道 |
[34:26] | that that girl wasn’t Odette | 那个女孩根本就不是奥黛特 |
[34:28] | and no idea why she wanted to talk to me. | 我也不知道她要找我谈些什么 |
[34:30] | She wanted to talk to you about the day that Graham Morton died. | 她想找你谈格兰姆·莫顿去世那天的事 |
[34:35] | Why would she care about that? | 她为什么会对这个感兴趣 |
[34:37] | It seems she had some evidence | 她似乎找到了一些证据表明 |
[34:38] | that Mr. Morton didn’t die of natural causes. | 莫顿先生不是自然死亡的 |
[34:42] | I don’t understand. Are you saying that he was murdered? | 你把我搞糊涂了 你是说他是被谋杀的吗 |
[34:45] | You were at the house that day, weren’t you? | 莫顿先生去世当天你也在他家 对吧 |
[34:48] | Oh, good lord. You don’t think that I had — | 上帝啊 你不会认为我 |
[34:50] | You were the person closest to him. | 你是和他关系最近的人 |
[34:52] | You had ample opportunity. | 你有充足的机会 |
[34:53] | We’ve seen the will. | 我们看过遗嘱了 |
[34:55] | He left you a generous bequest. | 他给你留下了很大一笔遗产 |
[34:58] | I would never have hurt Mr. Morton. | 我是绝对不会伤害莫顿先生的 |
[35:04] | But that woman — | 但是那个女人 |
[35:06] | the woman who pretended to be Odette — | 那个假扮成奥黛特的女人 |
[35:08] | she might be right about his death. | 她可能猜中了他的死因 |
[35:09] | In fact, it’s possible | 其实 有可能 |
[35:11] | that she believed that I knew something. | 她真认为我对此知情 |
[35:13] | Tell me, | 告诉我 |
[35:15] | how did Mr. Morton die? | 莫顿先生是怎么死的 |
[35:18] | Was he smothered? | 他是被人闷死的吗 |
[35:21] | Why would you ask that? | 你为什么这么问 |
[35:22] | The month he died, there was tension in the household. | 他去世的那个月 家里的气氛一直很紧张 |
[35:25] | Odette was seeing someone | 莫顿先生不喜欢 |
[35:27] | of whom Mr. Morton did not approve. | 奥黛特当时的男朋友 |
[35:29] | Do you know who? | 你知道是谁吗 |
[35:30] | No, but he ordered her to break it off, | 不知道 但是他命令她跟那个人分手 |
[35:32] | and of course, that day Odette was crying, | 当然了 那天奥黛特哭得稀里哗啦 |
[35:35] | she spent most of the morning in her room. | 几乎整个早上都躲在房间里哭 |
[35:37] | At about 1:00, Mr. Morton said that he wanted to take a nap, | 一点左右时 莫顿先生说他想睡一会儿 |
[35:40] | so I cleared the bed of all the pillows. | 于是我把床上的枕头都拿走了 |
[35:43] | He preferred a-a flat surface. | 他喜欢平躺着睡 |
[35:45] | Now a few moments later, | 过了一会儿以后 |
[35:46] | there was a commotion down in the kitchen. | 楼下厨房出了点乱子 |
[35:48] | Odette had put a sandwich in the toaster oven too long, | 奥黛特把三明治放在烤箱里烤太久了 |
[35:51] | and it had caused a small fire. | 结果发生了小火灾 |
[35:53] | We put it out, | 我们把火扑灭了 |
[35:54] | and then I went back upstairs to check on Mr. Morton, | 然后我去楼上查看莫顿先生 |
[35:57] | and he was dead. | 他已经死了 |
[35:59] | And that’s when I noticed it. | 那时我就注意到了 |
[36:02] | Noticed what? | 注意到了什么 |
[36:03] | A pillow on the bed. | 床上有个枕头 |
[36:06] | And I was sure that I had taken them all off. | 而我很确定我之前把所有的枕头都拿走了 |
[36:09] | So I told Odette about it, | 所以我跟奥黛特说了 |
[36:10] | but she said my mind was playing tricks on me, | 但是她说肯定是我记错了 |
[36:13] | so I let it go. | 我就没再追究 |
[36:15] | Mr. Carson, when you were in the kitchen, | 卡森先生 你在厨房的时候 |
[36:16] | was there ever a moment that Odette was out of your sight? | 奥黛特是否曾离开过你的视线 |
[36:20] | No. | 没有 |
[36:22] | I-I knew she was innocent. | 我知道她是无辜的 |
[36:24] | She wasn’t innocent. | 她不是无辜的 |
[36:25] | She was the distraction. | 她是为了引开你 |
[36:27] | Odette got you down to the kitchen | 奥黛特把你引到厨房 |
[36:28] | while her accomplice went and murdered her grandfather. | 而她的同伙则借机谋杀了她的祖父 |
[36:30] | And then when Barbra Landau figured out the truth, | 而当芭芭拉·兰戴尔搞清了事实真相后 |
[36:33] | the accomplice murdered her, too. | 那个同伙把她也杀掉了 |
[36:42] | Thank you for coming in, Mr. Lynchberg. | 感谢你能来 林奇伯格先生 |
[36:45] | Mr. Lynchberg, | 林奇伯格先生 |
[36:46] | being the Morton family financial advisor, | 作为莫顿家族的财务顾问 |
[36:49] | that must give you pretty good insight | 你肯定对他们一家人的 |
[36:50] | into their — their personal lives, right? | 私生活了如指掌吧 |
[36:53] | Well, looking at what people spend their money on, | 知道一个人都把钱花在什么地方 |
[36:55] | you get to know folks pretty well. | 的确会让你对这个人有所了解 |
[36:57] | And how well did you know Odette? | 那你有多了解奥黛特呢 |
[37:00] | As well as any of my clients. | 就跟我对其他客户的了解一样 |
[37:02] | But given the lectures that I gave her about her lifestyle, | 但毕竟我之前多次为她的生活方式说她 |
[37:05] | maybe more so. | 或许更了解她吧 |
[37:06] | We understand, about the time her grandfather died, | 据我们所知 在奥黛特的祖父去世的那段时间 |
[37:09] | Odette was dating someone, | 她正在跟某个人交往 |
[37:10] | someone her grandfather didn’t approve of. | 但她祖父不同意他们在一起 |
[37:13] | Mm. Well, that’s not surprising. | 这并不奇怪 |
[37:14] | The two of them rarely saw eye to eye. | 他们经常意见相左 |
[37:16] | This boyfriend — do you remember who he was? | 你记得奥黛特的男朋友是谁吗 |
[37:20] | No. Why? | 不记得 为什么问这个 |
[37:21] | Well, because we think that he conspired | 因为我们认为他伙同 |
[37:22] | with Odette to kill her grandfather | 奥黛特杀死了她的祖父 |
[37:24] | and then he killed Barbra | 而他后来又杀死了芭芭拉 |
[37:25] | when she was on the verge of figuring it all out. | 因为她马上就要搞清楚事情的真相了 |
[37:27] | You’re sure you don’t remember? | 你确定你不记得了吗 |
[37:29] | Mnh-mnh. | 确定 |
[37:29] | Well, we just spoke with Odette’s brother, | 我们跟奥黛特的哥哥通过电话 |
[37:31] | and he remembers. | 他记得 |
[37:33] | In fact, he remembers it being you. | 事实上 他记得她的男友是你 |
[37:35] | He said that the two of you wanted to get married, | 他说你们两个想要结婚 |
[37:37] | but Odette’s grandfather threatened to cut her off. | 但是奥黛特的祖父威胁说要剥夺她的继承权 |
[37:40] | Now a girl like Odette, | 奥黛特这样的女孩 |
[37:42] | she could never be happy living off | 靠着你那可怜的六位数工资 |
[37:44] | a meager 6-figure salary like yours. | 她可不会快活 |
[37:48] | She needed to inherit. | 她得继承遗产 |
[37:50] | But that old man refused to die. | 但那老头子一直不死 |
[37:51] | So she convinced you | 于是她就说服你 |
[37:52] | to go upstairs and smother him to death with a pillow | 利用她在厨房搞出的乱子 |
[37:55] | while she created a distraction in the kitchen. | 上楼用枕头将他闷死 |
[37:58] | Problem solved. | 问题解决了 |
[37:59] | Except once she had her money, | 只不过她一拿到钱 |
[38:01] | she left you, went back to her partying lifestyle. | 她离开了你 继续她派对动物的生活 |
[38:03] | She used you, but there wasn’t anything you could do about it. | 她利用了你 但是你却束手无策 |
[38:06] | At least not without admitting to the murder. | 至少在否认谋杀的前提下没有法子 |
[38:09] | You can’t prove that. | 你们无法证明 |
[38:10] | His death wasn’t even ruled a homicide. | 他的死被判定是自然死亡 |
[38:11] | No, but Barbra Landau’s was. | 是的 但芭芭拉·兰戴尔是被谋杀的 |
[38:16] | Uniforms found this 9 millimeter | 警员在你办公室后的垃圾桶里 |
[38:18] | in the dumpster behind your offices. | 找到了这把9毫米口径手枪 |
[38:20] | Ballistics match. | 弹道检测相匹配 |
[38:21] | This is the same gun that was used to kill Barbra Landau. | 杀死芭芭拉·兰戴尔的就是这把枪 |
[38:24] | And it’s got… | 而且上面 |
[38:26] | your fingerprints all over it. | 全是你的指纹 |
[38:37] | Last month, when her credit card bills were so high, | 上个月 她的信用卡账单多得吓人 |
[38:40] | I thought she was slipping back into her old ways. | 我以为她又开始吸毒了 |
[38:43] | I said to her, | 我对她说 |
[38:44] | “We didn’t risk everything to get this money | 我们做了那些事 得到这笔钱 |
[38:46] | so you could let it ruin your life.” | 不是为了让你毁掉自己 |
[38:50] | And she looked at me, and… | 她看着我 |
[38:52] | I could tell, | 我看得出 |
[38:53] | she had no idea what I was talking about. | 她根本就不知道我在说什么 |
[38:56] | In that moment, | 就在那时 |
[38:56] | I knew that she wasn’t my Odette. | 我知道她不是我的奥黛特 |
[38:59] | And that’s how she got on to you. | 也是在那时她知道了你的秘密 |
[39:01] | So this Barbra told me that if I kept her secret, | 这个芭芭拉跟我说如果我替她保密 |
[39:04] | she would keep mine. | 她也会守口如瓶 |
[39:05] | She thought we were even. | 她以为这样我们就扯平了 |
[39:06] | She thought that she could just take the place of Odette. | 她以为她可以就这样变身为奥黛特 |
[39:11] | I mean, wh-what– what was I supposed to do, | 要我怎么做 |
[39:13] | just let some dirty stripper live in her house | 让这个脱衣舞女住在她家 |
[39:15] | and wear her clothes and–and blackmail me? | 穿她的衣服 勒索我吗 |
[39:17] | Odette deserved better. | 她不配过奥黛特的生活 |
[39:36] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[39:37] | I was just thinking | 我就是在想 |
[39:38] | how we rely on dreams to keep us going in life | 我们靠着梦想维持自己的生活 |
[39:41] | and how sad it is | 而当梦想 |
[39:41] | when they become the things that tear us down. | 毁掉我们的生活时 这有多可悲 |
[39:43] | Yeah, well, that might be the case for Barbra Landau, | 芭芭拉·兰戴尔的经历那是特例 |
[39:45] | but not for everyone with dreams that didn’t come true. | 但并不是每个梦想没实现的人都这样啊 |
[39:50] | I mean, take Lanie for instance. | 拿蕾妮来说吧 |
[39:52] | She wanted to be a dancer. She became a doctor. | 她想成为一个舞者 结果成了医生 |
[39:55] | That’s not so bad, is it? | 一点都不可悲啊 |
[39:57] | Hmm. What about you? | 你呢 |
[40:00] | I mean, I know you became a cop | 我知道你是因为 |
[40:01] | because your mother was murdered, | 你母亲被谋杀才当警察的 |
[40:01] | but there had to be something before that. | 但之前你肯定有别的梦想 |
[40:04] | What did little Kate Beckett want to be when she grew up? | 小时候的凯特·贝克特长大想做什么 |
[40:07] | At Stanford, I was pre-law. | 在斯坦福大学时 我念法律预科 |
[40:09] | So your dream was to argue a case before the supreme court. | 那么说你的梦想是在最高法院打官司 |
[40:13] | Mm-hmm. Yep, I was on my way | 是的 我当时正在努力 |
[40:14] | to becoming the first female chief justice. | 成为第一位女性首席法官 |
[40:19] | Not bad. | 不赖 |
[40:26] | Ah, it won’t– yeah, you know what? | 拿不下来 你知道吗 |
[40:29] | I’m late for my stripper date, man. | 我跟脱衣舞女约会要迟到了 |
[40:31] | Whoa. No, no, no. No, no, no, no. | 不行 不行 |
[40:32] | I cannot go home again without ring on my finger tonight. | 我今晚不能不戴戒指回家啊 |
[40:35] | Our couch has a loose spring. My back– | 我家沙发有个弹簧坏了 我的背… |
[40:36] | Did you try soap? | 你试肥皂了吗 |
[40:37] | – Yeah. – Yeah, that was, like, the first thing we did. | -试了 -那是我们在先试的 |
[40:39] | – Cooking spray? – I didn’t think about cooking spray. | -烹饪油呢 -我没想过用烹饪油 |
[40:40] | Where am I gonna find cooking spray? | 上哪找烹饪油去 |
[40:41] | Here. | 用这个 |
[40:48] | It’s like silk. | 像丝绸一样 |
[40:50] | That might work. | 可能会起作用 |
[40:53] | Oh, yeah. I think it’s coming. Yeah? | 我觉得能拿下来了 |
[41:02] | At least it’s off my finger. | 至少从我手指上拿下来了 |
[41:07] | Oona, thank you so much for stopping by. | 乌娜 你能来真是太感谢了 |
[41:10] | Thank you, Martha. | 谢谢 玛莎 |
[41:11] | And I’ll be sure to find a few inches of column space | 我一定会专栏上找些地方 |
[41:14] | to mention your little school. | 提及你的学校的 |
[41:15] | Oh, good. Thank you. I really appreciate that, dear. | 太好了 谢谢你 你能帮忙真是太好了 |
[41:18] | Oh, Richard, good. | 理查德 很好 |
[41:19] | You’re just in time to say good-bye to Oona. | 你刚好来得及跟乌娜道别 |
[41:21] | Oh. How nice to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[41:22] | It’s lovely to see you as well. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[41:24] | And I, uh, look forward to hearing from you. | 我期待接到你的电话 |
[41:27] | Hearing from– | 我的电话 |
[41:28] | Well, I know you’re in a hurry, dear, and, uh, | 我知道你很忙 亲爱的 |
[41:30] | I’ll call you. We will have lunch. | 我再打给你 我们一起吃午饭 |
[41:32] | Yes. Bye-bye. | 好的 拜 |
[41:36] | All’s well that ends well. | 很圆满 |
[41:38] | Mother, why would Oona Marconi be looking forward | 妈 为什么乌娜·马可尼会期待 |
[41:40] | to hearing from me? | 我的电话 |
[41:41] | Well, you did say, if there was any way that you could help– | 是你说的如果需要你的帮忙 |
[41:44] | That you should let me know. | 你应该先跟我打招呼 |
[41:45] | Exactly what did you promise her without asking me first? | 你先斩后奏到底答应她什么了 |
[41:49] | That you would read her novel… | 你会读读她的小说 |
[41:51] | Oh, mother. | 妈 |
[41:52] | And critique it and give it to your publisher. | 评价一下 然后交给你的出版商 |
[41:55] | It is the inspiring story | 小说讲得是 |
[41:56] | of a young woman’s journey from department store clerk | 一位年轻的女士从百货商店店员 |
[41:59] | to world-renowned broadway star. | 变成百老汇明星的感人故事 |
[42:02] | Chick lit? Mother this is really not my– | 小妞文学啊 老妈这真不是我的… |
[42:04] | Oh, and, darling, | 亲爱的 |
[42:05] | When you give her your thoughts, do be kind, | 在你评价她的小说时 措辞友善一点 |
[42:07] | because it’s always been her dream to be a novelist. | 成为小说家是她的梦想 |
[42:14] | Be kind. | 友善 |
[42:16] | For you, mother, | 为了你 老妈 |
[42:19] | I can be kind. | 我可以友善 |