时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | Keep ’em comin’, pal. You’re doing great. | 再续上 朋友 干的不错 |
[00:29] | Say, maybe you can help me. I’m lookin’ for a dame. | 说不定你能助我一臂之力 我在找个女人 |
[00:31] | Aren’t we all? | 谁不在找呢 |
[00:32] | This one’s special. You know her? | 这个人很特别 你认识她吗 |
[00:35] | Know her? | 何止认识 |
[00:36] | I’m lookin’ at her. | 我正看着她呢 |
[00:48] | And where have you been all my life? | 我怎么才遇见你 |
[00:54] | Talk about a slice of history. | 要说到一段历史 |
[00:57] | The Pennybaker Club. | 这个佩尼贝克俱乐部 |
[00:58] | You know, back in the ’40s, all the greats played here. | 可是20世纪40年代 大腕齐聚登台的地方 |
[01:00] | If these walls could talk, man, the stories they would tell. | 要是这些墙会说话 故事可有得说了 |
[01:03] | Yeah, but the only story we need to hear is about… | 对 不过我们唯一想听的故事是… |
[01:05] | Stan Banks. Single G.S.W. to the sternum. | 斯坦·班克斯的 胸骨有一处枪伤 |
[01:08] | I’m calling the time of death | 我推断死亡时间 |
[01:10] | between 6:00 and 8:00 this morning. | 在今早6点到8点期间 |
[01:11] | Looks like he tried to defend himself with this. | 看来他试图用这个防卫 |
[01:14] | Obviously, it didn’t work. | 显然 没起到作用 |
[01:15] | So a robbery gone wrong? | 那么是抢劫财变杀人了吗 |
[01:17] | Well, he still had his wallet, cell, | 但他的钱包 手机 |
[01:19] | and a room key from the parksville arms, so… | 还有帕克斯维尔湾的房间钥匙还在 所以… |
[01:21] | Pockets were pulled out, | 口袋被掏了出来 |
[01:23] | indicating the killer searched the body. | 表明凶手对尸体搜了身 |
[01:25] | For what, we have no idea. | 找什么 我们无从得知 |
[01:26] | That’s weird. He’s got an S.R.O. key, | 奇怪了 他有一把单身公寓的钥匙 |
[01:28] | but his driver’s license has him living on 34th Street. | 可他的驾照上显示他住在34号大街[富人区] |
[01:32] | We’ll hit the S.R.O. | 我们去单身公寓走一趟 |
[01:33] | See if there’s anything we can find out about him. | 看看能不能找到点他的线索 |
[01:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[01:36] | You lookin’ for a drink, Castle? | 你在找酒喝吗 卡塞尔 |
[01:38] | ‘Cause I’m pretty sure the bar is closed. | 因为我确定吧台已经关了 |
[01:39] | Actually, I was looking for a clue. | 实际上 我在找线索 |
[01:41] | I think I found one. | 找到一个 |
[01:42] | Some homeless guy’s squat, and… | 哪个流浪汉的小窝 还有… |
[01:45] | today’s “Ledger.” He was here this morning. | 今天的《账报》 他今天早上还在这里 |
[01:47] | Well, whoever he is, maybe he saw something. | 不管是谁 或许他目睹了什么 |
[01:50] | I’ll get patrol units to canvass the area. | 我让巡逻小队去排查这片区域 |
[01:52] | Stan’s dead? | 斯坦死了 |
[01:54] | Well, that’s just great. | 这下可好 |
[01:55] | What am I supposed to do with all his crap? | 我该怎么处置他的这堆破玩意儿 |
[01:58] | We’ll be taking some of it off your hands | 我们会先带走些东西 |
[02:00] | as part of our investigation. | 这是我们的调查职责 |
[02:02] | You know of anyone who’s been threatening Stan lately? | 你知道最近有谁在威胁斯坦吗 |
[02:03] | I’m the manager here, not the den mother. | 我是这里的管理员 不是童子军的女训导员 |
[02:05] | Okay, then. When was the last time you saw him? | 那好吧 你最近一次看到他是什么时候 |
[02:08] | Uh, this morning. Stan was all smiles. | 今天早上 斯坦满脸笑容 |
[02:10] | Gave notice he was moving out | 通知我他要搬走了 |
[02:11] | ’cause his ship was coming in. | 因为他的船要来了[鸿运当头] |
[02:13] | – What ship? – Oh, I don’t know. | -什么船 -不知道 |
[02:15] | The “Titanic” from the looks of things. | 看现在这状况 估计是”泰坦尼克”号 |
[02:17] | Well, if you can remember anything else, | 如果你还记起其它事 |
[02:18] | can you please give me a call? | 能给我们打电话吗 |
[02:19] | Don’t hold your breath, hotshot. | 别太指望我了 帅哥 |
[02:22] | I think she likes you. | 我觉得她喜欢你 |
[02:24] | I have no idea why Stan was at the Pennybaker Club. | 我不知道为什么斯坦怎么会在佩尼贝克俱乐部 |
[02:26] | But we’ve been separated for almost a year, | 可我们已经分居快一年了 |
[02:28] | so god knows where he’s been. | 所以天知道他去哪里了 |
[02:31] | And when was the last time you spoke with him? | 那你最后一次和他联系是什么时候 |
[02:32] | Two months ago, which is crazy, | 两个月前 说来真是疯狂 |
[02:34] | ’cause there was a time we couldn’t go two hours without talking. | 因为以前我们两个小时不说话都不行 |
[02:38] | But then Stan had to go and find that doubloon. | 可后来斯坦非要去找达布隆 |
[02:40] | A doubloon, as in old Spanish coin? | 达布隆 是西班牙古币吗 |
[02:43] | He dug one up on a beach in North Carolina. | 他在北卡罗来纳的一个海滩上挖到一枚 |
[02:45] | And after that, he got the bug. | 从那以后 他就着了迷 |
[02:47] | And it only got worse after he saw this stupid documentary | 而他看了那愚蠢的纪录片后就更变本加厉了 |
[02:50] | about Clyde Belasco, the treasure hunter. | 讲的是克莱德·贝拉斯科 一个寻宝猎人 |
[02:52] | Yeah, that’s the fellow | 对 就是那个人 |
[02:54] | who found that sunken confederate ship ten years ago. | 十年前找到了沉没的南联邦船只 |
[02:56] | Stan was so inspired, | 斯坦倍受鼓舞 |
[02:57] | he quit his accounting job to search for lost antiquities. | 他辞去会计工作 去寻找失落的古迹 |
[03:00] | I mean, even the last time we spoke, | 即便是我们上一次谈话时 |
[03:02] | all he could talk about was how he was close | 他还是满嘴都是他离找到蓝蝴蝶 |
[03:04] | to finding a blue butterfly. | 仅有一步之遥 |
[03:07] | A blue… like an insect? | 蓝…是种昆虫吗 |
[03:10] | Who knows? | 谁知道 |
[03:10] | Was he having problems with anyone that you know of? | 在你认识的人里 他和谁有过节吗 |
[03:13] | He had money problems. I know that. | 他有债务问题 这我知道 |
[03:15] | I got a call two days ago from some guy | 两天前 我接到一个男人的电话 |
[03:17] | looking for Stan. | 说要找斯坦 |
[03:18] | Said that Stan owed him $10,000 | 他说斯坦欠他一万块 |
[03:21] | and that he’d better pay | 还说他最好还上 |
[03:23] | or else. | 不然走着瞧 |
[03:26] | There’s nothing in Stan’s personal effects | 斯坦的私人物品里没有关于蝴蝶的 |
[03:27] | about butterflies, blue or otherwise. | 蓝色的 和其它颜色的都没有 |
[03:29] | Just a bunch of books | 只有一堆书 |
[03:30] | about mobsters and Manhattan in the ’40s. | 讲的是40年代的黑帮和曼哈顿 |
[03:33] | That’s all right, because I got a hit | 没关系 我查到了 |
[03:35] | on that threatening money call to Stan’s wife, | 给斯坦妻子打恐吓电话的人 |
[03:37] | and it turns out it came from a dry cleaners. | 结果发现是一家干洗店打来的 |
[03:39] | Maybe clothes aren’t the only thing they’re laundering. | 或许他们洗的不仅只有衣服 |
[03:41] | I’ll check it out. | 我去查 |
[03:42] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[03:46] | Uh, this diary in Stan’s stuff, it’s also from the ’40s. | 斯坦物品里的有本日记 也是40年代的 |
[03:49] | It sounds like it belonged to a private eye. | 听起来像是私家侦探的 |
[03:51] | Listen to this. | 听听这段 |
[03:52] | “Usually wives turn on the waterworks | “通常来说 妻子们在看到 |
[03:53] | when shown pictures of their husbands stepping out, | 丈夫出轨的照片时会泪如雨下 |
[03:56] | but not this dame. | 可这个女人不同 |
[03:57] | She wanted payback. So what’s worse, | 她要以牙还牙 那么哪一点更糟 |
[04:00] | that I pitched woo with a client | 是我与一位客户共赴巫山 |
[04:01] | or that I invoiced her for services rendered after?” | 还是我在事后为所提供的服务给她开了发票” |
[04:05] | Cute. | 挺可爱 |
[04:06] | Cute? | 可爱 |
[04:07] | I mean, this guy sounds like a hard-boiled P.I. | 这家伙给人的感觉像个无情的私家侦探 |
[04:10] | right out of a Raymond Chandler novel. | 就跟雷蒙德·钱德勒的小说人物似的 |
[04:12] | I wonder why Stan had this? | 不知道为什么斯坦有这个 |
[04:14] | Hey, yo, Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[04:15] | Still got no word on that homeless guy, | 还是没查到那个流浪汉 |
[04:17] | but a bodega owner saw a white Mustang | 不过有个酒店老板看见一辆白色野马 |
[04:19] | parked in the loading zone right outside the club | 停在俱乐部门外的卸货区 |
[04:20] | for the past three days. | 停了三天 |
[04:21] | Okay. See if anyone saw those license plates. | 好 去问问有没有人看到车牌 |
[04:23] | – Right on. – Okay. | -这就去 -好 |
[04:25] | Um, Beckett? | 贝克特 |
[04:28] | Can I take this home for the night? | 我今晚能把这个带回家吗 |
[04:29] | I mean, it might be the key to what Stan was looking for. | 或许通过这个能查到斯坦在找的东西 |
[04:31] | You just want to read it because you think it’s cool. | 你只是因为觉得这个有意思才想看 |
[04:33] | Yeah, well, that, too. | 对 也有这原因 |
[04:35] | Okay, just so long as you… | 好 只要你… |
[04:38] | bring it back in the morning. | 明早还回来就行 |
[04:52] | “June 18, 1947. | “1947年6月18日 |
[04:56] | The day began like every other, | 今天像往常一样开始 |
[04:59] | pulling awake in my office chair | 在我的办公椅上醒来 |
[05:00] | with a cream of Kentucky bottle, | 拿着肯塔基香酒的瓶子 |
[05:03] | A dry throat, | 感觉喉咙干涩 |
[05:04] | and a head that was ringing like church bells. | 脑袋疼得叮当作响 |
[05:07] | So I figured I’d kill two birds with one stone | 于是 我决定再喝点酒 |
[05:10] | with a little hair of the dog that bit me.” | 以消宿醉 一解饥渴” |
[05:19] | Damn it, Mr. Flynn. | 该死 弗林先生 |
[05:20] | Why have an apartment | 你每晚在办公室 |
[05:21] | when you drink yourself to sleep in the office every night? | 醉死过去 还要公寓干什么 |
[05:23] | That way, I’m never late for work. | 那样的话 我就永远不会迟到了 |
[05:25] | Say, what gives, anyhow? | 说吧 有什么事 |
[05:26] | We have a potential client, so be nice. | 我们有个潜在客户 所以客气点 |
[05:29] | I’d like to make next month’s rent if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意 我还想挣下个月的房租钱 |
[05:34] | All right? | 可以吗 |
[05:35] | How do I look? | 我看上去怎么样 |
[05:36] | Like a star. | 像个明星 |
[05:39] | “Just another day on the isle of Manhattan”… | “又是曼哈顿岛上平凡的一天 |
[05:41] | Until she walked in | 直到她走进来 |
[05:43] | with a case that changed my life. | 带来了改变我一生的案子 |
[05:46] | Wearing t-strap shoes and a country suit, | 她穿着T字带斜面的鞋 和很土的衣服 |
[05:48] | I could tell that that redhead | 我能看出 那个红头发女人 |
[05:49] | was a hick fresh off the cob.” | 是刚进城的乡巴佬” |
[05:53] | Hello. My name’s Sally Mulqueen. | 你好 我叫莎莉·莫奎恩 |
[05:55] | I mean, Scofield. Sorry, I’m a newlywed. | 我想说的是斯科菲尔德 抱歉 我刚结婚 |
[05:58] | Still gettin’ used to the name. | 还在适应这个新名字 |
[06:00] | Joe Flynn, Mrs. Scofield. | 我是乔·弗林 斯科菲尔德夫人 |
[06:01] | So tell me, what has you knocking on my shingle? | 说吧 你来找我有什么事 |
[06:05] | I-I talked my husband into honeymoonin’ up here in the big apple, | 我劝我丈夫到纽约来度蜜月 |
[06:08] | but not because I wanted to climb skyscrapers | 可不是因为我想上摩天大楼 |
[06:10] | and see broadway shows. | 看百老汇表演 |
[06:12] | I had myself another reason. | 我自己另有目的 |
[06:15] | See, I’m lookin’ for my big sister Vera. | 我想寻找我的姐姐薇拉 |
[06:18] | Vera Mulqueen. | 薇拉·莫奎恩 |
[06:19] | There was bad blood back home, | 我们家庭不和 |
[06:21] | and Vera ran off two years ago | 两年前薇拉离家出走 |
[06:22] | with dreams of being a showgirl up here in the big city. | 梦想在这样的大都市里做一个歌舞女郎 |
[06:25] | She send you a wire, postcard, | 她给你寄过电报 明信片 |
[06:26] | anything with a return address? | 或者任何有回信地址的东西吗 |
[06:30] | Can you find her, mister? | 你能找到她吗 侦探先生 |
[06:32] | Mama’s sick, and, um… | 母亲病了 而且 |
[06:34] | Doesn’t have long. | 大概活不长久了 |
[06:36] | Well, of course he can… | 他当然能够找到 |
[06:38] | For 15 bucks a day plus expenses. | 只需每日十五元外加承担所有花费 |
[06:43] | Only… | 还有一个条件 |
[06:45] | can we keep this quiet? | 此事能否不要声张 |
[06:47] | Like I said, there’s bad blood back home, | 如我之前所说 我们家庭不和 |
[06:49] | and if Vera hears from a stranger | 如果薇拉从陌生人口中得知 |
[06:50] | that the family’s looking for her, | 家人在寻找她 |
[06:52] | it might push her farther away. | 或许她会逃得更远 |
[06:55] | Mrs. Scofield, | 斯科菲尔德夫人 |
[06:56] | if I’m anything, I’m discreet. | 我是最谨慎小心的人了 |
[07:03] | “And that’s when I saw her. | “那是我第一次见到她 |
[07:05] | Looking at that photograph, all I could think was, | 看着那张照片 我的脑海中只有一个念头 |
[07:08] | what a beautiful doll. | 多么美的女人 |
[07:13] | Sally said Vera had dreams of being a showgirl. | 莎莉说薇拉想要成为一个歌舞女郎 |
[07:15] | Maybe she made it. | 或许她实现了自己的愿望 |
[07:17] | Stranger things have happened in this town. | 那也不会是这城市里最奇怪的事情 |
[07:24] | My last stop was the Pennybaker club.” | 我的最后一站去了佩尼贝克俱乐部 |
[07:27] | I was hoping my favorite performer Satchmo was blowing.” | 我本希望看到我最喜欢的表演者沙奇摩的演出 |
[07:30] | But no such luck. | 但是似乎没有这么好运 |
[07:33] | Couldn’t complain, though, | 但是我并不抱怨 |
[07:35] | because Betsy Sin clair was up there, | 因为站在台上的是贝西·辛克莱 |
[07:38] | and that songbird’s got golden pipes.” | 她的歌喉宛如天籁” |
[07:44] | Whiskey. | 威士忌 |
[07:45] | “I’ll be damned if all that walking | “走遍了全城 |
[07:47] | didn’t get the shrapnel in my hip buzzing. | 我屁股里的弹片都要闹了 |
[07:49] | But I knew where to get my medicine.” | 幸好我知道哪里能找到我的解药” |
[07:59] | Say, maybe you can help me. I’m lookin’ for a dame. | 说不定你能助我一臂之力 我在找个女人 |
[08:01] | Aren’t we all? | 谁不在找呢 |
[08:02] | This one’s special. You know her? | 这个人很特别 你认识她吗 |
[08:05] | Know her? | 何止认识 |
[08:07] | I’m lookin’ at her. | 我正看着她呢 |
[08:20] | And where have you been all my life? | 我怎么才遇见你 |
[08:23] | “What was I thinking? | “我怎么想的啊 |
[08:24] | This dame was trouble on two legs. | 这个女人简直就是一个会走路的麻烦 |
[08:28] | I kept telling myself to look away. | 我一直告诉自己不要盯着她看 |
[08:30] | She was with Tom Dempsey, for crying out loud– | 她跟汤姆·丹普西在一起 这个家伙简直是 |
[08:32] | the most ruthless mob boss new york has ever given birth to. | 纽约市有史以来最残忍冷酷的黑帮头目 |
[08:40] | Dempsey sent over two of his gorillas– | 丹普西派了两个手下来 |
[08:43] | an irishman, | 一个爱尔兰人 |
[08:44] | and a cuban on loan from some Havana mob family.” | 和一个像从哪个哈瓦那黑帮借来的古巴人” |
[08:48] | The boss wants to see you, boy-o. | 老大想要见你 小子 |
[08:50] | Sorry, boys. | 不好意思 伙计们 |
[08:51] | My dance card’s full. | 我的舞伴预约已经满了 |
[08:53] | This isn’t a request, compadre. | 我们不是在跟你商量 朋友 |
[09:02] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[09:04] | The waiter? I’ll take a whiskey. | 服务生吗 我想要一杯威士忌 |
[09:05] | The boys here can share a sloe gin fizz. | 这两个小伙子可以共享一杯黑刺杜李松子酒 |
[09:07] | Better watch yourself, there, boy-o. | 你给我小心点 小子 |
[09:08] | Hold your tongue, or I’ll cut it out. | 小心说话 否则割了你的舌头 |
[09:10] | Mm, a wise guy. | 耍聪明啊 |
[09:13] | I hate wise guys | 我讨厌耍聪明的人 |
[09:14] | about as much as I hate crumbs eyeballing my girl. | 就像我讨厌那些盯着我的女人看的废物 |
[09:17] | It’s rude, uncivil. | 这很粗鲁 没有礼貌 |
[09:19] | That’s all right, friend. | 不过没有关系 朋友 |
[09:20] | The boys are gonna teach you some lessons. | 我的手下会好好调教你的 |
[09:22] | Okay, boy-o, first lesson. | 好了 臭小子 第一课 |
[09:38] | Over here. Get him. | 来 抓住他 |
[09:53] | “There I was, | “就这样 |
[09:54] | covered in the discards of the blue plate special, | 挂着一身的残羹冷炙 |
[09:57] | asking myself, ‘was it worth it? | 我问自己 这么做值还是不值 |
[10:02] | It was. | 绝对值 |
[10:03] | She was worth every punch.” | 为了她不论怎么挨打都是值得的” |
[10:05] | Are you hurt? | 你受伤了吗 |
[10:06] | What, this? | 这点伤吗 |
[10:08] | It’s nothin’. | 根本不算什么 |
[10:10] | You should see what my face did to the other guy’s fist. | 你该看看我的脸把那家伙的拳头伤得多厉害 |
[10:15] | So what’s your name, tough guy? | 那你叫什么名字 硬汉 |
[10:17] | Does it matter, doll? | 这要紧吗 美人 |
[10:18] | Vera! | 薇拉 |
[10:20] | You know you’re not supposed to leave our sight | 你知道你戴着老大的东西 |
[10:21] | with the boss’ hardware on. | 不能离开我们的视线 |
[10:30] | The blue butterfly. | 那个蓝蝴蝶 |
[10:32] | It’s a necklace. | 是一条项链 |
[10:34] | That’s why Stan Banks was killed. | 这就是斯坦·班克斯被杀的原因 |
[10:37] | Why am I narrating? | 我干嘛要独白啊 |
[10:49] | So anything on that threatening call to the dry cleaners? | 干洗店的勒索电话有什么线索了吗 |
[10:51] | Yeah, the owner claims he doesn’t know anything about Stan | 店主说他根本不知道斯坦 |
[10:53] | or blue butterflies. | 或者什么蓝蝴蝶 |
[10:55] | However, a guy named Ray Horton rents out a back room. | 但是一个叫雷·霍顿的人租用了后面的房间 |
[10:58] | Turns out Ray is a bookie on parole. | 而且雷是正在假释中的收注人 |
[11:00] | Okay, so maybe Stan was trying to meet Ray at the Pennybaker | 可能斯坦跟雷约在佩尼贝克见面 |
[11:03] | so that he could pay off some debts? | 为了偿还他的赌债 |
[11:04] | Uh, Stan was not there because of his debt. | 斯坦去那里不是为了还债 |
[11:07] | He was not even there about a blue butterfly. | 他去那里也不是为了哪只蓝蝴蝶 |
[11:09] | He was there about the blue butterfly. | 而是为了那条蓝蝴蝶 |
[11:13] | It’s a necklace. | 是一条项链 |
[11:14] | A butterfly-shaped centerpiece made entirely of… | 一个蝴蝶图案的装饰品 完全由 |
[11:17] | blue diamonds | 蓝钻镶嵌 |
[11:18] | worth about a million dollars, easy. | 价值轻松达到一百万 |
[11:20] | Where are you getting all of this? | 你是从哪发现这些的 |
[11:22] | Fron whe P.I.’s diary. | 从那个私家侦探的日记 |
[11:23] | So Stan was on a treasure hunt. | 所以斯坦是在寻找宝物了 |
[11:24] | Exactly. I did a little research. | 正是 我还做了一个小调查 |
[11:25] | It turns out the blue butterfly disappeared sometime in the ’40s, | 这个蓝蝴蝶宝石在四十年代时失踪了 |
[11:29] | And rumor has it, it’s hidden somewhere in the Pennybaker club. | 有传言说 它藏在佩尼贝克俱乐部的某处 |
[11:34] | If he found it… | 如果他找到了它 |
[11:35] | A million-dollar necklace? Talk about motive for murder. | 价值百万的项链 杀人动机不是很明显了么 |
[11:38] | By the way, Ryan, say boy-o. | 对了 莱恩 说小子 |
[11:40] | – Boy-o. – Boy-o. | -小子 -小子 |
[11:41] | – Boy-o. – Boy-o. | -小子 -小子 |
[11:42] | – Boy- o. – Boy-o. | -小子 -小子 |
[11:43] | – Boy- o. – Anyway. | -小子 -算了 |
[11:44] | Did some searching on the net. | 在网上搜索了一下 |
[11:46] | There wasn’t a lot there. | 相关信息并不多 |
[11:47] | But I found, it’s supposedly cursed, | 但是我发现 项链据说被诅咒了 |
[11:49] | and at one time belonged to an S.S. Officer’s mistress. | 曾经属于某位纳粹党卫军官员的情妇 |
[11:52] | After the war, made its way stateside | 战后 项链流入到美国 |
[11:54] | and into the hands of mob boss Tom Dempsey, | 到了黑帮大佬汤姆·丹普西的手里 |
[11:58] | who owned the club, which is why we need to go back. | 同时也是这家俱乐部的主人 因此我们得回去 |
[12:00] | – We do? – Yeah. | -我们要回去 -是的 |
[12:01] | You remember the, uh, green rod we found in Stan’s hand? | 你还记得我们在斯坦手里找到的绿色铁棒么 |
[12:05] | Apparently, Dempsey’s downstairs office | 丹普西俱乐部楼下的办公室 |
[12:07] | was painted shamrock green. | 涂了酢浆草绿色的漆 |
[12:09] | Stan had to have gone down there. | 斯坦肯定下去过 |
[12:10] | Also, according to the diary, the blue butterfly was kept | 而且根据日记 蓝蝴蝶正是被保存在 |
[12:13] | in a secret safe in Dempsey’s office. | 丹普西办公室的秘密保险箱里 |
[12:16] | It’s very possible we missed something. | 我们很可能漏掉了什么 |
[12:18] | We never really looked down there. | 因为我们根本没有好好地看过那里 |
[12:20] | Okay, Ryan, you see if you can get ahold of the bookie. | 莱恩 你继续追查看能否找到那个收注人 |
[12:22] | – Castle and I will go back to the crime scene. – Okay. | -卡塞尔和我会去犯罪现场 -好的 |
[12:24] | – Boy-o. – Boy-o. | -小子 -小子 |
[12:25] | – Boy-o. – Boy-o. | -小子 -小子 |
[12:26] | – Like a leprechaun. – Castle. | -发音要像小妖精一样 -卡塞尔 |
[12:27] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:29] | So the P.I. tells Sally | 私家侦探告诉莎莉 |
[12:31] | that he found her sister here at the Pennybaker club. | 她在佩尼贝克俱乐部找到了她姐姐 |
[12:33] | And did Sally go talk to her sister? | 莎莉有去找她姐姐吗 |
[12:34] | Well, no. Joe could tell that Sally, | 没有 乔认为莎莉 |
[12:36] | being an innocent girl from the country, | 这样一个来自乡下的单纯的女孩 |
[12:38] | she was a little bit nervous about dealing with mobsters, | 她与黑帮打交道会无所适从 |
[12:39] | So he offered to go back and make contact with Vera. | 因此他自愿回去联系薇拉 |
[12:41] | Out of the goodness of his heart, I’m sure. | 我敢肯定他是出自好心 |
[12:43] | Can you blame the guy? I mean, she was gorgeous. | 你能怪他吗 我是说 她太美了 |
[12:45] | So anyway, Joe tells Sally he’s gonna go arrange a meeting. | 不管怎样 乔告诉莎莉他会安排她们会面 |
[12:48] | Sally agreed, but again, insisted that Joe not tell Vera | 莎莉同意了 但再次坚持乔不要告诉薇拉 |
[12:53] | that she was looking for her | 是她在找她 |
[12:54] | because of all the animosity back home. | 因为家里那些宿怨的缘故 |
[12:57] | Ah. I was right. | 我是对的 |
[13:00] | I bet that’s where he got the steel rod, | 我打赌这就是他拿到那根铁棒的地方 |
[13:02] | which is probably what he used to pry open the secret safe. | 他可能是想用来撬开秘密保险箱 |
[13:06] | Hate to burst bubbles, Castle, | 我也不想戳破你的美梦 卡塞尔 |
[13:07] | but this hasn’t held anything in years. | 但是这个已经很多年没放过东西了 |
[13:11] | Looks like Stan was disappointed. | 看来斯坦失望而归了 |
[13:12] | Yeah, he probably would’ve been if that was the secret safe. | 是的 如果那就是秘密保险箱他或许会失望 |
[13:16] | That’s not the secret safe? | 那不是秘密保险箱吗 |
[13:18] | Here’s a fun fact– | 告诉你一个有趣的事实 |
[13:19] | people often kept two safes, | 人们通常有两个保险箱 |
[13:21] | one that was easy to find for minor valuables, | 一个放些价值不高的东西 且容易被找到 |
[13:24] | and a second safe that was much harder to locate | 另一个就没那么容易找到了 |
[13:27] | for the extra specials, like blue butterflies. | 放着更贵重的东西 比如蓝蝴蝶 |
[13:29] | Castle, where’s the secret safe? | 卡塞尔 秘密保险箱在哪里 |
[13:32] | Coming to that. | 马上就说到 |
[13:32] | So it’s five days since Joe and Vera met. | 乔和薇拉相识已经五天了 |
[13:35] | And they were very much in love. | 而他们已经深深地爱上了对方 |
[13:37] | After only five days? Come on. | 只过了五天 拜托 |
[13:38] | Well, people didn’t waste time back in the ’40s. | 在40年代人们不浪费一点时间 |
[13:40] | Matter of fact, they were so much in love… | 事实上 他们情到深处 |
[13:42] | well, they risked it all. | 已然不顾一切了 |
[13:44] | So what does that have to do with our secret safe? | 那这和我们的秘密保险箱有什么关系 |
[13:46] | And it happened backstage… | 一切就发生在后台 |
[13:50] | right upstairs. | 就在楼上 |
[13:53] | They were stealing a moment together, | 他们两人正在幽会 |
[13:54] | which was dangerous, because she was Dempsey’s girl. | 这很危险 因为她是丹普西的女人 |
[13:57] | As they stared into each other’s eyes, | 当他们四目相对之时 |
[13:59] | Kate’s heart quickened. | 凯特心跳加快 |
[14:01] | Did you just say “Kate”? | 你刚是不是说了”凯特” |
[14:03] | Are you picturing the PI as you | 你是不是把自己想象成私家侦探 |
[14:06] | and me as the gangster’s moll? | 把我想象成黑老大的情妇 |
[14:07] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[14:10] | And I didn’t say “Kate.” | 我没有说”凯特” |
[14:11] | I said “Fate.” “Fate’s heart quickened.” | 我说的是”命运” “命运的心跳加快” |
[14:14] | I was being poetic. God. | 我只是想诗意一点 老天 |
[14:17] | Anyway, as I was saying, | 总之就如我所说的 |
[14:19] | they were just about to kiss when… | 正当他们要接吻的时候 |
[14:22] | Oye, chico! | 嘿呦 臭小子 |
[14:24] | Who’s that? | 是谁 |
[14:24] | Hey, boy-o. You must be a slow learner. | 怎么了 小子 没长教训啊 |
[14:29] | There’s my baby. | 我的宝贝原来这这里 |
[14:34] | He’s with you, Miss Sinclair? | 他和你是一对吗 辛克莱小姐 |
[14:36] | Yes, | 是的 |
[14:37] | and I don’t appreciate you lugs | 而且你们那天晚上 |
[14:38] | mopping the floor with him the other night. | 打得他满地找牙 我很生气 |
[14:41] | Not for nothin’, but you need to keep this on the hush-hush. | 不是没原因的 但你得低调一点 |
[14:44] | Dempsey’s not too keen about mixed laundry. | 丹普西不喜欢黑白配 |
[14:47] | Well, then we’ll just keep this our little secret. | 那就作为我们之间的小秘密 |
[14:48] | What do you say? | 你们说呢 |
[14:49] | All right, fellas. | 好了 伙计们 |
[14:53] | You better wise up, Vera. | 你最好放聪明一点 薇拉 |
[14:54] | Dempsey will have you butchered if he finds out. | 如果被丹普西发现他会把你大卸八块的 |
[14:56] | I mean, he’s a hell of a smoocher and all, | 他虽说吻技了得 |
[14:58] | but, damn it, girl, | 但是该死的 姑娘 |
[14:58] | is this yum-yum really worth it? | 这小白脸真值得你如此吗 |
[15:00] | He’s the cream in my coffee. | 他就是我的心头肉 |
[15:01] | You two are a walking fairy tale. | 你俩真像故事里的主角 |
[15:04] | Good lord. | 我的老天爷 |
[15:06] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[15:12] | Betsy’s right, you know? | 要知道贝西说得对 |
[15:13] | Dempsey will scrag us for sure if he catches us turtle-doving. | 丹普西发现我们的事 定会杀了我们 |
[15:15] | You gotta get me away from here, Joe, | 你必须要带我离开这儿 乔 |
[15:17] | away from Dempsey, away from all of it. | 离开丹普西 离开这一切 |
[15:20] | Oh, yeah, and go where? We can blow this town, sure. | 然后去哪里呢 我们能逃得了一时 |
[15:22] | Only how far are we gonna get when we’re both flat broke? | 等到我们身无分文的时候还能逃多远呢 |
[15:24] | We’re not broke, Joe. | 我们不会的 乔 |
[15:27] | We’ve got all the money we need and more around my neck. | 我脖子上戴的东西远远超过我们所需要的了 |
[15:29] | All we gotta do is take it away with us. | 我们只要带着它走就足够了 |
[15:31] | What, are you daffy? | 什么 你疯了吗 |
[15:33] | You got at least two Brunos with you at all times | 你戴着它的时候起码有两个保镖 |
[15:34] | when you’re wearing that thing. | 跟着你形影不离 |
[15:35] | It’s funny. | 说来也好笑 |
[15:37] | Back when I was a cigarette girl, | 当我还是个卖烟女的时候 |
[15:39] | I’d watch Dempsey coming in with his girlfriend | 我看到丹普西和他的女友 |
[15:41] | wearing this thing around her neck, | 脖子上戴着它走进来 |
[15:42] | and I wanted it. | 我想得到它 |
[15:44] | Pretty soon, I was his girl and I had it. | 没过多久 我成为了他的女人我也得到了它 |
[15:46] | But it’s not a necklace, Joe. It’s a diamond noose, | 但这不只是一个项链 它是一个钻石做的枷锁 |
[15:49] | and it’s getting harder to breathe. | 而我越来越喘不过气了 |
[15:51] | Then we gotta turn that noose into a lifeline. | 那我们就要把这个枷锁变成救命索 |
[15:54] | The question is, how? | 问题是怎样变 |
[15:57] | When I’m not wearing it, Dempsey keeps it in a secret safe, | 我不戴时 丹普西把它放在一个秘密保险箱里 |
[16:00] | and I know where it is. | 而我知道在哪里 |
[16:06] | And? | 然后呢 |
[16:07] | And… | 然后 |
[16:09] | that’s it. | 就没了 |
[16:10] | That was the last entry in the diary. | 这是日记的最后一篇 |
[16:12] | What do you mean, that’s it? What happened to Joe? | 什么叫没了 那乔怎么样了 |
[16:14] | – What happened to Vera? – I don’t know. | -薇拉怎么样了 -我不知道 |
[16:17] | Well, why would you tell a story when you don’t know the ending? | 你不知道结局为什么还要告诉我这个故事 |
[16:19] | If you wanted a beginning and a middle and an end, | 如果你想听有头有尾的故事 |
[16:21] | I have 27 novels you can choose from. | 我有27本小说供你选择 |
[16:25] | Okay, so where is this secret safe? | 好吧 那这个秘密保险箱在哪里 |
[16:27] | I don’t know, but I think Stan must have found it. | 我不知道 但我认为斯坦肯定找到了 |
[16:30] | Maybe that’s why he needed that rod, | 也许这就是他需要那根棒子的原因 |
[16:32] | to pry open a wall or something. | 为了撬开一面墙什么的 |
[16:34] | Castle, look at the molding. | 卡塞尔 看这个板条 |
[16:40] | What… | 怎么回事 |
[16:45] | It’s unlocked. | 没有锁上 |
[16:48] | Stan found it. | 斯坦找到了 |
[16:49] | That’s why he was killed. | 所以他才被杀了 |
[16:51] | But by whom? | 但谁杀了他呢 |
[16:52] | Ray Horton. | 雷·霍顿 |
[16:54] | Assault, battery, and now you’re using a dry cleaners | 伤人 斗殴 而现在你用干洗店 |
[16:57] | to front your bookmaking operation. | 做你赌博生意的幌子 |
[16:59] | Whoa. Slow your roll. | 等等 慢点 |
[17:00] | A man on parole like myself can’t be mixed up in bookmaking. | 我这样的假释犯是不能搀和赌博的 |
[17:04] | How about murder, Ray? | 那凶杀呢 雷 |
[17:06] | Is it okay to get mixed up in that? | 你能搀和凶杀吗 |
[17:09] | Stan? | 斯坦 |
[17:10] | And who–who killed him? | 是谁杀了他 |
[17:13] | Me? | 我吗 |
[17:14] | Why would I kill my business partner? | 我为什么要杀我的合伙人 |
[17:16] | Your business partner? Come on. | 你的合伙人 别扯了 |
[17:18] | It’s true, man. | 是真的 老兄 |
[17:19] | One of my clients hooked us up. | 是我的一个客户介绍的 |
[17:21] | He knew that I was looking to diversify | 他知道我想扩大投资 |
[17:23] | and that Stan needed financing to find this lost necklace. | 而斯坦需要资金去找一条失踪的项链 |
[17:26] | Stan told me he needed 10 g’s for expenses | 斯坦告诉我他需要一万块的开销 |
[17:28] | and to buy this old private detective’s diary. | 去买一个旧私家侦探的日记 |
[17:32] | So I agreed to back him for half the profits. | 所以我同意出资赞助他 分一半利润 |
[17:34] | Well, if that’s true, then why did you threaten Stan’s wife? | 如果这是真的 你为什么要威胁斯坦的妻子 |
[17:36] | Because Stan was ducking me. I thought I got played. | 因为斯坦躲着我 我以为我被耍了 |
[17:40] | Then he came up to me two days ago, | 两天以后他找到我 |
[17:41] | and he told me what was up. | 告诉我了来龙去脉 |
[17:43] | He said he found the man with the missing piece | 他说他找到了那个能补全蓝蝴蝶之谜 |
[17:44] | of the puzzle to the blue butterfly. | 缺失的线索的人 |
[17:46] | – And who’s this man? – I don’t know. | -那个人是谁 -我不知道 |
[17:48] | But if Stan found the blue butterfly, | 但是如果斯坦找到了蓝蝴蝶 |
[17:50] | that’s probably who killed him. | 大概就是这个人杀了他 |
[17:53] | So I traced the diary. Stan did his research. | 我追查了那本日记 斯坦调查得很深入 |
[17:56] | He purchased it from the granddaughter | 他从乔以前的秘书的孙女手中 |
[17:58] | of Joe’s old secretary, | 买下了这本日记 |
[18:00] | A woman by the name of Ruth Huntsacker. | 一个叫做露丝·亨特沙克的女人 |
[18:02] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[18:03] | So I spoke to Mrs. Huntsacker. | 我和亨特沙克太太谈过 |
[18:04] | she said, she might still have some of the PI’s old papers | 她说她可能还有私家侦探的一些旧文件 |
[18:07] | and they might be able to tell us what happened. | 也许那些文件能告诉我们到底发生了什么 |
[18:09] | She’s gonna have her son look for them | 她会让她儿子找找看 |
[18:10] | and then call me back. | 然后再联系我 |
[18:11] | Look, Castle, I admit that Joe and Vera’s story | 听着 卡塞尔 我承认乔和薇拉的故事 |
[18:14] | is fun and romantic, | 很有趣也很浪漫 |
[18:15] | but whatever happened back in 1947 | 但是发生在1947年的事情 |
[18:18] | has nothing to do with who murdered Stan. | 和斯坦的凶手没有一点关系 |
[18:20] | Uh… I’m not so sure about that. | 这我可不确定 |
[18:22] | Our bookie alibied out. | 收注人的不在场证明证实了 |
[18:23] | But ballistics came in, and we got a match. | 但弹道报告出来了 我们找到了匹配结果 |
[18:26] | The 38-caliber revolver that killed Stan | 杀死斯坦的点38口径左轮手枪 |
[18:28] | was used in an unsolved double homicide | 曾一枪夺两命 案子至今未破 |
[18:31] | in 1947. | 而且那是1947年 |
[18:34] | I knew there was a connection. | 我就知道两者有联系 |
[18:35] | Who were the victims? | 死者都是谁 |
[18:36] | Uh, some lady named vera mulqueen | 一个叫做薇拉·莫奎恩的女子 |
[18:39] | and a private detective named Joe Flynn. | 和一个叫做乔·弗林私家侦探 |
[18:46] | Murdered. | 被杀 |
[18:47] | That’s too bad. | 真是太惨了 |
[18:49] | I really thought those two crazy kids were gonna make it. | 我真的以为那对疯狂的恋人能逃出生天呢 |
[18:51] | Yeah, not exactly the ending I was hoping for. | 是啊 确实不是我所期待的结局 |
[18:53] | I didn’t even know ballistics went back that far. | 我都不知道那么早就有弹道报告了 |
[18:55] | Oh, yeah. Since the 20s. | 是啊 从二十年代就有了 |
[18:56] | Being that it’s an old case, there’s not much in the system. | 案子毕竟有年月了 系统里的资料有限 |
[18:58] | The remains of Joe Flynn and Vera Mulqueen | 乔·弗林和薇拉·莫奎恩的遗骸 |
[19:00] | were found in Flynn’s car. | 被发现时在弗林的车里 |
[19:01] | It was parked in the ally of the Pennybaker club. | 就停在佩尼贝克俱乐部的后巷 |
[19:03] | Both victims were shot with a .38 revolver | 两名死者都是被38口径左轮手枪打死 |
[19:06] | and the car was set on fire. | 车被人点着了 |
[19:07] | Only suspect was Tom Dempsey, | 唯一的嫌疑人是汤姆·丹普西 |
[19:09] | but there was never enough evidence to arrest. | 但找不到足够证据拘捕他 |
[19:11] | You know what? I bet you Dempsey caught the two of them | 我敢说是丹普西发现他们两人 |
[19:13] | trying to run away together, and he killed them. | 预谋一起逃跑 就杀了他俩 |
[19:15] | But how does Stan’s killer | 但是斯坦的凶手是怎么 |
[19:16] | get Dempsey’s gun 60 years later? | 在六十年后拿到丹普西的枪呢 |
[19:18] | Unless… | 除非… |
[19:20] | Dempsey killed Stan. | 就是丹普西杀了斯坦 |
[19:21] | He’d be, what, like 90 years old, but it’s still possible? | 他现在该有九十了吧 不过也是有可能的 |
[19:24] | Couldn’t have been Dempsey. | 不可能是丹普西 |
[19:26] | He died of a heart attack | 他死于心脏病 |
[19:27] | four months after Joe and Vera were killed. | 就在乔和薇拉被杀后四个月 |
[19:30] | Still… | 不过呢… |
[19:31] | we should dig up that 1947 police report. | 我们还是该去把1947年的那份案宗调出来 |
[19:33] | There could be something in there about the gun | 里面或许有关于枪的一些记录 |
[19:35] | that could shed some light on Stan’s murder. | 能帮我们侦破斯坦的凶案 |
[19:37] | All right. I’ll go to the warehouse | 好吧 我去仓库 |
[19:38] | and I’ll pull up the old case files. | 把以前的案宗调出来 |
[19:39] | Oh, oh, uh, I want to go. | 我也想去 |
[19:43] | Uh, okay. | 好吧 |
[19:44] | – Can I drive? – I don’t care. | -我开车行吗 -随你便 |
[19:49] | So… | 是这样… |
[19:50] | I did a search of guns Dempsey used to own. | 我刚刚查了曾属于丹普西的枪支 |
[19:52] | Turns out there was an estate sale | 结果发现曾举办过一次资产出售 |
[19:54] | where a treasure hunter named Clyde Belasco | 一个名叫克莱德·贝拉斯科的寻宝猎人 |
[19:55] | bought all of Dempsey’s firearms, including 2 .38s. | 买下了丹普西所有的枪 包括两把38口径 |
[19:58] | Wait. Clyde Belasco? | 等等 克莱德·贝拉斯科吗 |
[20:00] | Stan’s wife said that | 斯坦的妻子说 |
[20:01] | the two of them watched a documentary about him, | 他们俩看了一部关于他的纪录片 |
[20:03] | and that inspired Stan to become a treasure hunter. | 而斯坦因此受到鼓舞变成了一个寻宝猎人 |
[20:06] | Well, the connections don’t stop there. | 联系还不止于此 |
[20:07] | Belasco flew in from France a week ago, | 贝拉斯科一周前从法国飞入境 |
[20:09] | and I just found an article that said | 我刚刚找到一篇文章说 |
[20:11] | that he searched for the Blue Butterfly for 15 years. | 他找蓝蝴蝶已经有十五年了 |
[20:13] | That bookie said that Stan found someone | 那个收注人说斯坦找到一个 |
[20:16] | who had the missing piece of the puzzle. | 有缺失的那部分线索的人 |
[20:18] | Well, maybe Belasco’s that someone. | 或许贝拉斯科就是那个人 |
[20:21] | Here it is. | 在这儿呢 |
[20:24] | This has been dusted off recently. | 最近有人擦过上面的灰尘 |
[20:27] | Looks like we’re not the only ones interested in this case. | 看来我们不是唯一对本案感兴趣的人 |
[20:30] | Stan was here. Had to be. | 斯坦来过这儿 肯定是他 |
[20:32] | Think about it–the diary, the murders… | 你想啊 日记 凶案 |
[20:34] | All we’re doing is walking in his footsteps. | 我们只是在跟着他的脚印前行 |
[20:36] | This is the next piece of the puzzle. | 这就是下一条线索 |
[20:38] | Huh. Crime scene photo of Vera and the P.I. | 薇拉和私家侦探遇害现场的照片 |
[20:43] | Damn it, Joe. | 该死的 乔 |
[20:43] | You old sap. | 老伙计 |
[20:45] | Dizzy with a dame and got yourself cooked. | 爱上一个女孩 害得自己身陷火海 |
[20:47] | So, Mr. Bogart, what exactly are we looking for here? | 鲍嘉先生 我们到底要找什么呢 |
[20:50] | Our 1947 murders and our present-day murder | 1947年的那起凶案和现在的这起 |
[20:52] | have to be connected by more than just a gun. | 之间的联系肯定不仅仅是那支枪 |
[20:55] | Somewhere in here is that connection. | 这里面就能找到别的联系 |
[20:59] | Yes, I bought several of Tom Dempsey’s revolvers. | 是啊 我的确买了几支汤姆·丹普西的左轮 |
[21:01] | And by all means, test fire every last one of them as you wish. | 你们如果愿意 大可去检查每一把 |
[21:04] | We will. Now… how do you know Stan? | 我们会的 好了 说说你跟斯坦怎么认识的 |
[21:07] | You have to understand that I’m on television. | 你必须了解我是上过电视的人 |
[21:09] | Articles are written about me. | 也有写我的文章 |
[21:10] | Because of this, the amateurs come a-knocking. | 因此 有些业余人士会登门找我 |
[21:13] | It’s an occupational hazard. | 这是我的职业危害 |
[21:16] | And what was the purpose of Stan’s visit? | 那么斯坦来找你是为了什么呢 |
[21:18] | Why, the Blue Butterfly, of course. | 当然是冲着蓝蝴蝶来的 |
[21:20] | He must have read of my exploits searching for it | 他肯定是读到了我费尽心思在找它 |
[21:22] | and decided to burden me with his preposterous story. | 就跑来用他荒谬的故事烦我 |
[21:26] | And what story was that? | 什么故事 |
[21:27] | That he had found an old private investigator’s diary, | 他说他找到了一本旧私家侦探的日记 |
[21:30] | which held missing clues. | 里面有缺失的线索 |
[21:33] | You didn’t believe him? | 你不相信吗 |
[21:34] | Of course not. | 当然不 |
[21:35] | When I asked to see the alleged diary, he refused. | 我要求看这本传说中的日记时 他拒绝了 |
[21:37] | And yet, he wanted access to all my research on the Pennybaker club. | 却要求看我对佩尼贝克俱乐部的所有研究 |
[21:41] | I mean, really, the whole thing was absurd. | 说真的 整件事都很荒谬 |
[21:44] | He even asked to exit out the back door. | 他甚至要求从后面走 |
[21:47] | Said a car was following him. | 说有辆车在跟踪他 |
[21:48] | It was a white mustang. | 是一辆白色的野马 |
[21:50] | I guess someone else was interested in the Blue Butterfly, too. | 大概还有别人也对蓝蝴蝶有兴趣 |
[21:54] | It feels like we’re looking for a needle in a haystack, | 感觉像是海底捞针 |
[21:56] | except for, we can’t find the haystack. | 不过我们连海都没找到呢 |
[21:58] | Who needs a haystack when the needle is right here? | 要是找到了针还要海何用 |
[22:01] | This is a statement from Joe’s secretary Mrs. Kennard. | 这是一份乔的秘书肯纳德太太的口供 |
[22:04] | It was taken right after his death. | 就在他死后记录下来的 |
[22:06] | “Mrs. Florence Kennard, | “福劳伦斯·肯纳德太太 |
[22:07] | secretary to the victim Joe Flynn, | 死者乔·弗林的秘书 |
[22:09] | attested to bearing witness to the following conversation | 作证称目睹了下面这段发生于 |
[22:11] | between both victims on the morning of June 24, 1947.” | 1947年6月24日早晨 两位死者间的对话 |
[22:15] | I’ve worked this from every angle, doll. | 我办法都想尽了 宝贝 |
[22:17] | There’s no way we can crack Dempsey’s secret safe. | 我们不可能打开丹普西的秘密保险箱的 |
[22:19] | Well, then how are we gonna get it? | 那我们要怎么拿到 |
[22:20] | Easy. You’re gonna walk right out the door with it tonight. | 简单 你今晚要戴着它走出来 |
[22:23] | How? It was hard enough shaking Dempsey’s hatchet men this morning. | 怎么做 今早甩掉丹普西的走狗就很难了 |
[22:26] | It’s gonna be that much harder when I’m wearing the Blue Butterfly. | 我戴着蓝蝴蝶的时候会更难的 |
[22:28] | It’ll be a cakewalk. Trust me. | 相信我 会轻而易举的 |
[22:31] | Especially with our friend Jimmy Doyle helping us out. | 特别是我们还有好朋友吉米·度耶相助 |
[22:33] | – And who’s Jimmy Doyle? – He’s a prizefighter, | -吉米·度耶是谁 -他是个职业拳击手 |
[22:36] | and tonight he’s taking on Sugar Ray Robinson | 而今晚他要迎战舒格·雷·罗宾逊 |
[22:37] | for the welterweight title. | 争夺次中量级冠军 |
[22:39] | So? | 那又如何 |
[22:39] | So every clover-loving Irishman worth his salt | 那么每个值得尊敬的喜欢苜蓿的爱尔兰佬 |
[22:42] | will be huddled around a radio tonight, | 今晚都会凑在收音机前 |
[22:43] | cheering good ol’ Jimmy on. | 为吉米呐喊助威 |
[22:45] | You’re gonna wait till a rousing part of the fight. | 你等到比赛正酣的时候 |
[22:47] | Then you’re gonna excuse yourself. | 借故离开 |
[22:49] | Whoever’s assigned to be watching you | 不管是谁被指派盯着你 |
[22:50] | surely won’t be paying much attention. | 肯定不会留意你的动向 |
[22:52] | That’s when you slip right out the back door, | 你趁这时从后门溜走 |
[22:55] | where I’ll be waiting for you. | 而我会在那里等你 |
[22:57] | Oh, Joe. | 乔 |
[22:59] | It’s perfect. | 这真是太好了 |
[23:01] | No, it’s crazy. | 不 这太疯狂了 |
[23:03] | What are you thinkin’, Mr. Flynn? | 你在想什么啊 弗林先生 |
[23:05] | And I can tell you, this Jane’s no good. | 我告诉你 这姑娘是祸水 |
[23:07] | Now what are you on about? | 你在说什么啊 |
[23:08] | Look at me. I’m a new man. I’m a better man. | 看看我 我脱胎换骨 比以前强多了 |
[23:12] | I haven’t even had a drink since I met Vera, | 自从我遇见薇拉我滴酒未沾 |
[23:14] | And if that’s not a minor miracle, I don’t know what is. | 如果这还不算个奇迹 那什么是奇迹 |
[23:16] | You would be better off with the booze | 你泡在酒精里也比 |
[23:17] | than with this chippy. | 泡在她怀里强 |
[23:19] | A-and what are you basing a relationship on, huh, | 你们的恋情是构建在什么样的基础上呢 |
[23:22] | a robbery and a lie? | 豪夺和谎言吗 |
[23:24] | What lie? | 什么谎言 |
[23:26] | Well, I guess it’s time to come clean, huh? | 我想现在该向你坦白了 |
[23:28] | Look, doll, | 听我说 宝贝 |
[23:30] | it’s no coincidence I met you in the club that night. | 那晚我们在俱乐部相见并非巧合 |
[23:31] | I was hired to come find you, see? | 我是受人雇用去找你的 |
[23:33] | Only I couldn’t tell you who. | 但我不能告诉你雇主是谁 |
[23:35] | It’s just… | 这是… |
[23:36] | Cut the corners, Joe. Who hired you? | 别拐弯抹角了 乔 谁雇了你 |
[23:39] | It was your sister. | 是你妹妹 |
[23:41] | Joe… | 乔 |
[23:42] | I don’t have a sister. | 我没有妹妹 |
[23:47] | – What happens next? – I don’t know. That’s the end of the statement. | -后来呢 -不知道 口供就到这儿 |
[23:49] | But if Sally wasn’t Vera’s sister, then who was she? | 可如果莎莉不是薇拉的妹妹 她是谁呢 |
[23:52] | Sally set up the P.I. | 莎莉给私家侦探下了套 |
[23:54] | It’s a classic film noir twist. | 是经典的黑色电影大逆转啊 |
[23:55] | – But why? – I don’t know. | -可为什么呢 -不知道 |
[23:57] | – What was Sally up to? – I don’t know. | -莎莉的目的是什么 -不知道 |
[23:59] | Do you think she was connected to Dempsey? | 你觉得她跟丹普西有牵连吗 |
[24:00] | I don’t know, but isn’t this great? | 不知道 但这是不是太棒了 |
[24:03] | Yo, Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[24:05] | So our uniforms got a line on that homeless guy | 巡警找到了那个在佩尼贝克非法居住的 |
[24:07] | who was squatting in the Pennybaker. | 流浪汉的线索 |
[24:08] | A hot dog vendor I.D.’ed him. | 卖热狗的小贩认出了他 |
[24:09] | Said the guy goes by the name of West Side Wally. | 说他名叫西区瓦利 |
[24:12] | I put a want out on the guy. | 我通缉了他 |
[24:13] | Great. That might be the break we need | 很好 那也许是我们抓住 |
[24:14] | to catch Stan’s killer. | 杀害斯坦真凶的突破口 |
[24:15] | Excuse me. | 接个电话 |
[24:16] | Hello. | 喂 |
[24:18] | What? | 什么 |
[24:20] | When? | 什么时候 |
[24:21] | All right. I’m on my way. Thank you. | 好吧 我就出发 多谢 |
[24:22] | That was the manager of Stan’s residency hotel. | 是斯坦所住酒店的经理打来的 |
[24:25] | A guy driving a white Mustang | 一个开着白色野马的男人 |
[24:26] | just forced his way into Stan’s room, | 刚刚闯进了斯坦的房间 |
[24:28] | and he’s still there. | 他还在那儿 |
[24:29] | NYPD! Show us your hands. | 纽约警局 举起手来 |
[24:31] | Show us your hands. Now! | 举起手来 现在 |
[24:33] | Turn around slowly. | 慢慢转过身来 |
[24:44] | You’re Tom Dempsey. | 你是汤姆·丹普西 |
[24:46] | Yeah, that’s me. | 没错 是我 |
[24:57] | Tom Dempsey III. | 汤姆·丹普西三世 |
[25:00] | Dead ringer. | 太像了 |
[25:01] | Complete doppelganger. | 简直是一个模子刻的 |
[25:03] | It’s D.N.A., guys. It’s not a magic trick. | 遗传基因的作用 又不是魔术 |
[25:06] | I’m his grandson. | 我是他孙子 |
[25:07] | All right, look. | 好吧 |
[25:08] | I’m sorry I broke in a door. | 破门而入我很抱歉 |
[25:10] | I’ll pay for the damages. It’s no big deal. | 我会赔偿损失 没什么大不了 |
[25:12] | Why am I still here? | 为什么还不放我走 |
[25:13] | Well, we were just curious to see | 我们只是好奇 想看看 |
[25:15] | if you inherited anything else from your grandfather, | 除了长相 你是否还从你祖父那里 |
[25:17] | aside from his looks. | 继承了别的什么 |
[25:18] | Yeah, like one of his .38 revolvers that you used | 是啊 比如你用来杀害斯坦·班克斯的 |
[25:20] | to kill Stan Banks. | 点38左轮手枪 |
[25:22] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. That didn’t happen. | 等等 不是这样的 |
[25:24] | Look, Stan came to me, | 是斯坦来找我 |
[25:26] | only he told me his name was Nathaniel Jenkins. | 可他告诉我 他名叫纳撒尼尔·詹金斯 |
[25:29] | He said he was a biographer, | 他说他是个传记作家 |
[25:30] | said he wanted to do a story about my grandfather. | 说他想写一个关于我祖父的故事 |
[25:33] | He promised not to focus on his underworld dealings, | 他保证说不会写他的违法交易 |
[25:35] | just on the–the good stuff, | 只侧重好的一面 |
[25:37] | like how my granddad was a pillar of the community. | 比如说我祖父是社区的支柱 |
[25:39] | More like a killer of the community. | 社区祸害还差不多 |
[25:41] | And so when he made his pitch, | 当他这么提议 |
[25:42] | you, wanting to rehabilitate your family name, cooperated. | 你因为想重塑家族名望 就答应配合了 |
[25:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[25:46] | I gave him access to all of granddad’s old papers, | 我给他看了祖父留下的所有旧文件 |
[25:49] | and everything was cool… | 一切进展顺利 |
[25:51] | until I found out the whole thing was a lie. | 直到我发现这整件事都是个谎言 |
[25:54] | And how’d you do that? | 你怎么发现的 |
[25:56] | There’s this singer who used to | 过去在我祖父的俱乐部里 |
[25:58] | headline at my granddad’s club– | 有个红极一时的歌手 |
[25:59] | Betsy Sinclair. | 叫贝西·辛克莱 |
[26:01] | Couple weeks ago, she passed away. | 几周前 她过世了 |
[26:02] | Well, I went there to pay my respects, | 我前去悼念 |
[26:04] | and who do I see there but Nathaniel, | 在那里看见了纳撒尼尔 |
[26:06] | chatting up this old guy. | 正跟个老头聊天 |
[26:07] | He sees me, jets out the back. | 他看见了我 立马从后面跑了 |
[26:09] | I’m like, “What the hell is this all about,” right? | 我完全不明白这是怎么回事 |
[26:11] | So I look in the guest book. | 所以我查看了来宾名单 |
[26:13] | I figured it out. | 才发现 |
[26:15] | He’d signed his real name– Stan Banks. | 他所签的真名是 斯坦·班克斯 |
[26:18] | Which is when you figured out he wasn’t really a biographer. | 你就知道他不是传记作家 |
[26:21] | He was just another lowlife treasure hunter, | 他只是又一个卑鄙的寻宝猎人 |
[26:23] | looking for the blue butterfly. | 在找蓝蝴蝶的下落 |
[26:24] | And if anybody deserved the blue butterfly, | 再说 如果有谁该得到蓝蝴蝶 |
[26:27] | it was you, right? | 那人理应是你 对吗 |
[26:30] | So you followed Stan. | 所以你跟踪了斯坦 |
[26:31] | And when stan found it, you shot him. | 斯坦找到了它的下落 你就枪杀了他 |
[26:33] | No, I did not– I did not shoot him. | 不 我没有 我没有对他开枪 |
[26:36] | Stan–wait. Stan did find it? | 斯坦 等等 斯坦找到了 |
[26:39] | Come on. You tell us. | 得了 别装了 |
[26:40] | I don’t know. I was not there. | 我真不知道 我不在场 |
[26:42] | I read in the newspaper that the guy was dead. | 我看报 发现他死了 |
[26:45] | I went to his apartment to see what I could find. | 我就去他的公寓 看看能有什么发现 |
[26:47] | And I didn’t kill the guy. | 我没有杀他 |
[26:49] | So Dempsey’s alibi holds up. | 丹普西的不在场证明成立 |
[26:51] | He didn’t kill Stan. | 他没有杀斯坦 |
[26:52] | Well, that’s all right, because we caught a break. | 没关系 我们有突破口了 |
[26:55] | Unis finally tracked down West Side Wally. | 警员终于追踪到了西区瓦利的下落 |
[26:57] | They’re bringing him in now. | 正带他过来问话 |
[26:57] | Great. Maybe that can shed some light | 很好 也许这能对弄清斯坦的遭遇 |
[26:59] | as to what happened to Stan. | 有所帮助 |
[27:00] | And if he can’t, maybe Jerry Maddox can. | 如果他不能 也许杰瑞·马多克斯可以 |
[27:02] | Jerry Maddox? | 杰瑞·马多克斯 |
[27:03] | You remember how Tom III told us that Stan | 你还记得汤姆三世告诉我们 |
[27:06] | went to Betsy Sinclair’s funeral? | 斯坦去过贝西·辛克莱的葬礼吗 |
[27:07] | I started thinking, why would he go? | 我在想 他为什么去那儿 |
[27:09] | To do research. | 去调查啊 |
[27:10] | Right, but research on whom? | 没错 可是调查谁呢 |
[27:12] | So I stopped by the funeral parlor. | 于是我去了葬礼会客厅 |
[27:14] | Turns out that Stan spent an awful lot of time | 结果发现斯坦与死者的友人杰瑞·马多克斯 |
[27:17] | with a friend of the deceased named Jerry Maddox. | 聊了好一段时间 |
[27:18] | And get this– | 而关键是 |
[27:20] | Jerry was the old bartender at the Pennybaker Club, | 杰瑞曾是佩尼贝克俱乐部的老酒保 |
[27:22] | And probably the last living link to the Blue Butterfly. | 他大概是蓝蝴蝶最后一条有迹可循的线索 |
[27:25] | Good job, Castle. | 做的好 卡塞尔 |
[27:26] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[27:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:30] | Jerry. | 杰瑞 |
[27:31] | This is Detective Beckett and Mr. Castle. | 这是贝克特警探和卡塞尔先生 |
[27:33] | They wanted a word. | 他们想聊聊 |
[27:34] | Oh, yeah. | 当然可以 |
[27:35] | You want some soup? It’s homemade. | 你们想来点汤吗 自家炖的 |
[27:37] | Oh, I don’t mind if I do. That smells delicious. | 我倒乐意来一碗 闻起来很香 |
[27:40] | Uh, no, thank you. Actually, we’re–we’re all right. | 不用 谢了 不必麻烦了 |
[27:47] | Am I hearing | 这首歌是不是 |
[27:48] | “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love”? | 《我能给予你的只有爱》 |
[27:50] | That’s right, kid. | 没错 孩子 |
[27:51] | That’s the best version of that tune, too. | 那也是这首歌最好的版本 |
[27:55] | You come here to talk music, did you? | 你们不是来聊音乐的吧 |
[27:56] | Actually, we’re here to investigate Stan Bank’s murder, | 其实 我们是来调查斯坦·班克斯的谋杀案的 |
[27:59] | And we were wondering if you met him | 我们想知道你是否在贝西·辛克莱的葬礼上 |
[28:01] | at Betsy Sinclair’s funeral. | 遇到过他 |
[28:02] | Yeah. He–he was murdered? | 是的 他 他被杀了吗 |
[28:04] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[28:06] | Did he mention a necklace called the Blue Butterfly? | 他有没有提到一条叫做蓝蝴蝶的项链 |
[28:09] | Oh, sure. Asked me all kinds of questions. | 当然 他问了我很多问题 |
[28:12] | Uh, where it might be, stuff like that, | 它可能在哪儿 之类的问题 |
[28:15] | but I was just a bartender back then. | 可我那时只是个酒保 |
[28:17] | I-I wasn’t much help. | 我帮不上他 |
[28:20] | Now this might seem an odd question, | 下面这个问题 可能听上去很奇怪 |
[28:23] | But in 1947, do you remember when Vera Mulqueen | 但在1947年 薇拉·莫奎恩和乔·弗林 |
[28:26] | and Joe Flynn were murdered? | 被杀的事 你是否还记得 |
[28:27] | Of course. It was a big deal back then. | 当然 那在当时引起很大轰动 |
[28:30] | Dempsey, the fella that owned the club, | 那家俱乐部的所有者 丹普西 |
[28:33] | shot them in cold blood. | 残忍地枪杀了他们 |
[28:35] | The same year, do you remember | 同一年 您还记不记得 |
[28:37] | a woman named sally scofield? | 有个名叫莎莉·斯科菲尔德的女人 |
[28:40] | She was a redhead. | 她一头红发 |
[28:40] | In 1947, she would’ve been about 18. | 1947年 她大概是18岁 |
[28:43] | Oh, I think I know who you’re talking about. | 我想我知道你在说谁了 |
[28:46] | Now that’s back in ’46. | 那是在46年 |
[28:48] | I had just got hired at the Pennybaker. | 我刚被佩尼贝克雇用 |
[28:57] | Cigarettes. Cigars. | 卖香烟啦 雪茄 |
[28:58] | Dempsey wasn’t dating vera back then. | 那时丹普西还没跟薇拉在一起 |
[29:01] | He was going with a gal named Priscilla Campbell. | 他那时的女伴名叫普丽西拉·卡贝尔 |
[29:05] | Priscilla had a daughter, | 普丽西拉有个女儿 |
[29:07] | a redhead named Sally. | 名叫莎莉的红发女孩 |
[29:10] | Sounds like she’s the one you mean. | 听起来她就是你说的那个 |
[29:12] | Sad story, what happened. | 后来发生的事 就是个悲剧 |
[29:14] | Not long after vera caught dempsey’s eye, | 不久后 薇拉吸引了丹普西的视线 |
[29:17] | he dropped Priscilla | 他抛弃了普丽西拉 |
[29:19] | and cut her and Sally off cold. | 无情地断绝了与她和莎莉的往来 |
[29:21] | They said it was the curse of the Blue Butterfly. | 他们说这就是蓝蝴蝶的诅咒 |
[29:25] | Priscilla killed herself with a handful of pills. | 普丽西拉服药自杀了 |
[29:29] | And Sally? | 莎莉呢 |
[29:31] | Couple months after, uh, | 几个月之后 |
[29:33] | Vera and that P.I. got whacked, | 薇拉和那个私人侦探被杀 |
[29:36] | Dempsey died of a heart attack. | 丹普西死于心脏病 |
[29:38] | The evening of his funeral, | 他葬礼的那晚 |
[29:40] | in walks Sally, all dressed up. | 莎莉盛装来到俱乐部 |
[29:43] | Ordered a whiskey neat, | 点了一杯纯威士忌 |
[29:45] | slammed it back, | 一干而尽 |
[29:47] | gave me a big ol’ crocodile grin, | 对我露齿冷笑 |
[29:50] | Said she was free. | 说她自由了 |
[29:52] | Then she strutted on out the door, | 然后昂首阔步地出了门 |
[29:55] | and that’s the last time I ever saw her. | 那是我最后一次见到她 |
[29:59] | It’s a revenge story. | 这是个复仇的故事 |
[30:01] | Sally blamed Vera for the death of her mother, | 莎莉将其母亲之死归罪于薇拉 |
[30:04] | so she plotted to take her down. | 密谋杀害她 |
[30:06] | Somehow she used the P.I. to do it. | 她利用私家侦探 |
[30:08] | She must have been setting them up. | 他俩肯定是被她陷害的 |
[30:10] | Yeah, but how does any of this help us figure out | 是的 但这对找出杀害斯坦的凶手 |
[30:12] | who shot Stan? | 有什么帮助吗 |
[30:15] | So… | 那么 |
[30:16] | West Side Wally. | 西区瓦利 |
[30:17] | May I call you Wally? | 能叫你瓦利吗 |
[30:19] | I prefer West Side. | 我比较喜欢别人叫我西区 |
[30:20] | Of course. | 好吧 |
[30:21] | West Side, we know you were at the Pennybaker Club two days ago. | 西区 我们知道两天前你在佩尼贝克俱乐部 |
[30:23] | Yeah, we found your squat. | 我们发现了你的”窝” |
[30:25] | Cagney and Lacey, you can stop right there. | 卡妮 蕾希 你们可以就此打住了 |
[30:28] | I wasn’t living in the club two days ago. | 两天前我没住在俱乐部 |
[30:30] | I had already gotten bought out by the other guy. | 有人给我钱请我出去住 |
[30:31] | – Bought out? – By the other guy? | -给你钱 -什么人 |
[30:33] | A few days ago, the other guy comes in, | 几天前 有个人进来 |
[30:34] | starts setting up a squat by the bar, | 开始在酒吧搭窝 |
[30:36] | but West Side Wally doesn’t do neighbors. | 但西区瓦利不喜欢与人同住 |
[30:37] | So I said, “Hey, Professor, kick rocks.” | 于是我说”教授 滚远点” |
[30:39] | He wouldn’t take no for an answer. | 可他就是不走 |
[30:41] | Ended up paying me $400 to relocate. | 反而给了四百刀让我另觅住所 |
[30:43] | So again, for the record this time, I wasn’t there. | 重申一次 那天我不在 |
[30:45] | Easy, easy, okay. Did you get this guy’s name? | 冷静点 好吗 你知道那人叫什么吗 |
[30:48] | I didn’t ask. He didn’t say. | 我没问 他也没说 |
[30:49] | Can you describe him? | 能描述下他的样子吗 |
[30:50] | Medium height, medium build, white, 50s. | 中等身高 不胖不瘦 白人 50岁左右 |
[30:52] | I called him the Professor | 我叫他教授 |
[30:54] | because he spoke like a pretentious jerk. | 他讲话就像个矫饰做作的蠢蛋 |
[31:02] | Hey, it’s the Professor. | 对 这不是教授嘛 |
[31:04] | Clyde Belasco. | 克莱德·贝拉斯科 |
[31:10] | We know that you were at the Pennybaker Club, | 我们知道你去过佩尼贝克俱乐部 |
[31:13] | Mr. Belasco. | 贝拉斯科先生 |
[31:14] | You paid off a homeless man | 你用钱把流浪汉打发走 |
[31:15] | so that you could have the place to yourself. | 这样你就能独自占着那地方 |
[31:19] | I have a condo on the upper east side, | 我在上东区有处豪华公寓 |
[31:21] | a chateau in Bordeaux, | 在波尔多[法国西南部港市]有座城堡 |
[31:22] | a chalet in Gstaad, and yet. | 在格斯塔德[瑞士滑雪胜地]有座农舍 |
[31:24] | On the word of some vagrant, | 仅凭某个流浪汉的片面之词 |
[31:26] | you believe that I paid to | 你就断定我用钱打发他 |
[31:27] | squat in an abandoned building? | 好让自己在荒废的地方搭窝 |
[31:29] | Me? Clyde Belasco? | 我可是大名鼎鼎的克莱德·贝拉斯科 |
[31:32] | Pretty much. | 我们就是这个意思 |
[31:34] | I’d like to see you prove it, sir. | 先生 我倒想看看你怎么证明 |
[31:37] | All right, have it your way, Professor. | 好啊 教授 听你的 |
[31:39] | We will see you at the sentencing hearing. | 我们庭审宣判见吧 |
[31:42] | You can do your TV show from prison. | 你可以在监狱里做你的电视节目 |
[31:46] | Wait. | 等等 |
[31:48] | Okay. | 好吧我说 |
[31:49] | I was there. I admit it. | 我承认 我在那 |
[31:50] | I was at the Pennybaker Club when Stan was killed. | 斯坦被杀之时我在佩尼贝克俱乐部 |
[31:53] | But I didn’t kill him. | 但他不是我杀的 |
[31:54] | Like I said before, Stan came to me | 如我之前所说 斯坦来找我 |
[31:57] | and asked for my research | 问我要 |
[31:59] | on the Blue Butterfly. | 蓝蝴蝶的研究报告 |
[32:01] | And you said no? | 你拒绝了吗 |
[32:02] | Of course I said no. | 我当然拒绝了 |
[32:04] | I searched for that necklace for 15 years, | 我花了15年的时间去找那条项链 |
[32:06] | and now I’m just supposed to help him? | 而现在要我去帮他 |
[32:08] | The glory was to be mine. | 这份荣耀只属于我 |
[32:10] | But you knew he was on to something, didn’t you? | 但你知道他找到了线索 对吗 |
[32:12] | Oh, yes. | 对 |
[32:13] | I could tell he was close, so very close. | 我看得出他已离成功不远 非常接近 |
[32:16] | Stan knew things about the club, about the necklace | 斯坦知道我从没听说过的 |
[32:18] | that I had never heard before. | 关于俱乐部和项链的事 |
[32:19] | So you staked out the club, | 所以你在俱乐部那侯着 |
[32:21] | and when Stan showed, you shot him. | 斯坦一出现 你就把他杀了 |
[32:22] | I didn’t shoot him, Detective. | 探长 我没杀他 |
[32:24] | Yes, I had a pistol with me and a bullwhip. | 我随身都带着把手枪和一条牛鞭 |
[32:27] | They’re my trademarks. Everyone knows that. | 它们就是我的标志 众所周知 |
[32:29] | But I brought a mask and gloves as well | 但我还带了面具和手套 |
[32:31] | because I was simply going to threaten him | 我纯粹只想吓唬吓唬他 |
[32:33] | and take the prize. | 窃取他的成果 |
[32:34] | So then what happened? | 后来呢 |
[32:37] | I was lying in wait. | 我躺在那等着他 |
[32:39] | Stan went downstairs, and when he returned, he was… | 斯坦下楼 当他回来的时候 他 |
[32:42] | holding the Blue Butterfly. | 手握蓝蝴蝶 |
[32:45] | Oh, you should’ve seen how it sparkled. | 你们真该看看它有多璀璨 |
[32:48] | Magnificent. | 完美无瑕 |
[32:49] | I was about to pounce | 我正打算扑抢的时候 |
[32:52] | when suddenly there was a-a rag put over my mouth. | 突然有人用布捂住我的嘴 |
[32:53] | It had a sweet smell, | 甜甜的味道 |
[32:55] | like it was doused with chloroform. | 布上好像洒了氯仿 |
[32:58] | Chloroform? | 氯仿 |
[33:00] | – Really? – It had to be. | -真的吗 -绝对是 |
[33:01] | Everything went dark, and when I came to, | 然后我眼前一黑 我醒来时 |
[33:03] | Stan was dead. | 斯坦已经死了 |
[33:05] | I searched his body, | 我把他尸体搜了个遍 |
[33:06] | but whoever knocked me out took the Blue Butterfly with them. | 肯定是把我弄晕的人拿走了项链 |
[33:13] | God, I hope it’s him. | 我真希望是他 |
[33:14] | Yeah, but without a confession, | 我也是 但是他不认罪 |
[33:15] | our case is purely circumstantial. | 我们手上的都是间接证据 |
[33:18] | I’m gonna see if I can get a warrant for Belasco’s place. | 我试试看能否拿到贝拉斯科住处的搜查令 |
[33:20] | Which place, the condo, | 哪个住处 豪华公寓 |
[33:22] | the chateau, or the chalet? | 城堡 还是农舍 |
[33:24] | Hi, yeah, this is Detective Kate Beckett, | 你好 我是凯特·贝克特探长 |
[33:26] | 12th Precint. | 12分局 |
[33:26] | I’m calling for the riding A.D.A. | 找区检察官 |
[33:30] | Yeah. Okay. I’ll hold. | 好的 我等着 |
[33:32] | Well, it’s kind of disappointing. | 真令我失望 |
[33:34] | I was really hoping that solving Stan’s murder | 我多期盼侦破斯坦的凶杀案 |
[33:36] | would give us some answers | 能给我点答案 |
[33:37] | to what really happened to Joe and Vera. | 让我知道乔和薇拉身上到底发生了什么 |
[33:38] | Yeah, but what we already know what really happened. | 但我们已经知道了 |
[33:40] | Dempsey killed them both. | 丹普西把他们俩杀了 |
[33:42] | Well, that’s obvious version. | 这是显而易见的 |
[33:43] | But what about Sally? | 但莎莉呢 |
[33:45] | What’s her part in all of this? And… | 她在整件事中扮演着什么角色 而且 |
[33:48] | why would she hire Joe? | 为何他会雇佣乔 |
[33:50] | Well, I guess we’ll never know. | 我想我们永远也不可能知道了 |
[33:52] | No, something else was going on. | 不 事情还没结束 |
[33:54] | Something we’re missing. | 我们遗漏了些事 |
[33:56] | “Wearing t-strap shoes and a country suit, | 她穿着T字带斜面的鞋 穿着很土的衣服 |
[33:59] | I could tell that redhead was a hick off the cob.” | 我看得出红发女是个刚进城的乡巴佬 |
[34:02] | Wait. What did you just say? | 等等 你刚说什么 |
[34:03] | Well, that’s just how Joe described her in his diary. | 这是乔日记里对她的描述 |
[34:06] | No, the–the part about the shoes? | 不 鞋那部分 |
[34:08] | T-strap. It’s when the strap comes over the– | T字带 就是鞋带绕过 |
[34:10] | Yeah. Can I just call you back? | 我能待会再打给你吗 |
[34:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:15] | Take a look at this photo. | 看看这张照片 |
[34:17] | There’s a shoe next to the car. | 车旁边有只鞋 |
[34:19] | And look at what kind of shoe it is. | 仔细看看那鞋的样式 |
[34:21] | That’s a T-strap. | T字带 |
[34:23] | You don’t think… | 你不会想说 |
[34:24] | If Vera was at the club that night, | 如果薇拉当晚在俱乐部 |
[34:25] | she’d be dressed in an elegant dress and… | 她会身着礼服 |
[34:27] | And heels. This isn’t Vera. | 高跟鞋 死的不是薇拉 |
[34:29] | This is Sally. | 死的是莎莉 |
[34:30] | Yeah, but it can’t be Sally. | 也不可能是莎莉 |
[34:31] | The bartender said that he saw her months after the murders. | 酒保说案发后几个月他还见过莎莉 |
[34:34] | – Unless… he lied. – He lied. | -除非他说谎 -他说谎 |
[34:36] | But that was over half a century ago. | 但那是半个多世纪前的事了 |
[34:38] | Why would he lie about that? | 他为何如此 |
[34:39] | Beckett, I just realized something. | 贝克特 我刚刚意识到一件事 |
[34:41] | “I Can’t Give You Anything But Love.” | 《我能给予你的只有爱》 |
[34:44] | W-what? | 什么意思 |
[34:45] | That’s what was playing when we interviewed the bartender. | 我们询问酒保时 播放的那首歌 |
[34:48] | Right. Right. | 对 我想起来了 |
[34:49] | He said that that was the best version of the song. | 他说那是这首歌最好的版本 |
[34:52] | It was Louis Armstrong’s version. | 这是路易斯·阿姆斯特朗[美国爵士歌手]的版本 |
[34:54] | In Joe’s diary, he says his favorite performer is Satchmo. | 乔的日记里 他说他最爱的歌手是沙奇摩 |
[34:57] | What’s Satchmo’s real name? | 沙奇摩的真名是 |
[34:59] | Louis Armstrong. | 路易斯·阿姆斯特朗 |
[35:00] | Put it all together, | 全部联系起来 |
[35:01] | the answer is clear. | 答案很明晰了 |
[35:06] | Oh. Hello again. | 又见面了 |
[35:09] | Hello, Vera. | 薇拉你好 |
[35:12] | And hello, Joe. | 乔你好 |
[35:19] | Well, if it isn’t Vera Mulqueen and Joe Flynn, | 薇拉·莫奎恩和乔·弗林 |
[35:23] | back from the dead. | 起死回生 |
[35:25] | Everything all right, guys? | 一切都好吗 |
[35:26] | Everything’s peachy. Thanks, Frankie. | 一切都好 多谢关心 弗兰基 |
[35:29] | What happened? Stan figured out the truth, | 怎么回事 斯坦发现真相了吗 |
[35:32] | that you two were alive, | 发现你俩还活着 |
[35:34] | that you murdered two people | 发现你们为了偷走蓝蝴蝶 |
[35:35] | so you could disappear with the Blue Butterfly? | 而杀了两个人吗 |
[35:37] | So you lured him to the club and then you shot him? | 于是你们就把他骗到俱乐部然后杀了他吗 |
[35:40] | Lady, you got it all wrong. | 小姐 你的推测全错了 |
[35:42] | Stan cornered me at Betsy’s funeral, | 斯坦在贝西的葬礼上缠住了我 |
[35:44] | wanting to know how I knew her. | 想知道我是怎么认识她的 |
[35:46] | So I lied and told him I was a bartender. | 于是我只好骗他说我是当时的酒保 |
[35:49] | But Stan was clever. He was too clever. | 但是斯坦很聪明 他太聪明了 |
[35:51] | He figured us out. | 他把我们识破了 |
[35:52] | He came here demanding to know | 他跑来这里逼我们说出 |
[35:54] | where the Blue Butterfly was. | 蓝蝴蝶的下落 |
[35:56] | He threatened to expose us. | 他威胁说要告发我们 |
[35:58] | He was like a dog after a bone. | 他不达目的绝不善罢甘休 |
[36:00] | So we told him what he needed to know. | 所以我们就满足了他的要求 |
[36:02] | We told him where it was. | 我们把蓝蝴蝶的下落告诉他了 |
[36:04] | But we didn’t kill him. | 但是我们并没有杀他 |
[36:06] | Oh, come on, you guys. | 得了 伙计们 |
[36:07] | We know it’s you. | 肯定是你们俩干的 |
[36:08] | You used the same gun from the ’47 murders to kill Stan. | 你们用了1947年犯案的同一把枪 |
[36:11] | Same gun? Oh, we keep that gun in the — | 同一把枪 我们一直把那把枪放在 |
[36:14] | The china cabinet drawer. | 装瓷器的碗橱里 |
[36:16] | Don’t even think about it. | 你想都别想 |
[36:18] | Put the gun down. | 把枪放下 |
[36:21] | Francis Benjamin Huntsacker, | 弗兰西斯·本杰明·亨特沙克 |
[36:24] | what have you done? | 你都干了什么呀 |
[36:25] | Wait a minute. Huntsacker? | 等一下 亨特沙克 |
[36:27] | It was your mother who sold the diary to Stan. | 正是你母亲把那本日记卖给了斯坦 |
[36:30] | What diary? | 什么日记 |
[36:31] | Your diary. | 你的日记 |
[36:32] | So you read it, | 这么说你看过那本日记 |
[36:34] | and all this time, you were looking for the necklace, too. | 而一直以来你也在寻找那条项链的下落 |
[36:36] | That’s why I got this crap job. | 不然我为什么干这烂工作 |
[36:38] | And for six months, I slowly built trust, | 六个月以来 我慢慢使你们信任我 |
[36:40] | gently acquired information. | 渐渐地从你们的嘴里套话 |
[36:41] | And then that jerk just waltzes in here | 结果那混蛋就这么闯进来 |
[36:43] | and bullies the location of the Blue Butterfly from you? | 逼你们说出了项链的下落 |
[36:45] | Come on! | 拜托 |
[36:46] | So when you realized it was now or never, | 当你意识到这是最后的机会时 |
[36:48] | you bushwhacked Stan, | 你伏击了斯坦 |
[36:50] | took the Blue Butterfly for yourself? | 然后抢走了蓝蝴蝶 |
[36:52] | I brought their old .38 only as a precaution. | 我带上枪就是为了以防万一 |
[36:54] | I was just gonna chloroform Stan and steal it. | 我只想把斯坦迷晕然后从他那偷走蓝蝴蝶 |
[36:56] | But you found Clyde Belasco hiding behind the bar. | 但你却发现克莱德·贝拉斯科藏在吧台后面 |
[36:59] | I pulled the gun, Stan grabbed for it… | 我拔出了枪 斯坦冲了上来 |
[37:02] | Look, I didn’t mean to. | 听着 我不是故意的 |
[37:04] | Let’s go, Frankie. You’re under arrest. | 走吧 弗兰基 你被捕了 |
[37:13] | Hey, Castle, guess what we found | 卡塞尔 你猜我们在弗兰基的公寓里 |
[37:15] | at Frankie’s apartment. | 找到了什么 |
[37:22] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[37:24] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[37:27] | It’s beautiful. | 太美了 |
[37:29] | – It’s fake. – What? | -是个赝品 -你说什么 |
[37:31] | We confirmed it with an appraiser. | 我们已经把它拿去鉴定过了 |
[37:32] | It’s well-crafted costume jewelry. | 这只是手工精良的人造珠宝而已 |
[37:34] | All this time, and it’s paste? | 这么多人费了这么大劲 就为这吗 |
[37:37] | That’s… | 这还真是 |
[37:39] | Or maybe it’s a twist on a twist. | 又或者峰回路转又一村 |
[37:41] | Maybe the real Blue Butterfly | 也许真正的蓝蝴蝶 |
[37:42] | was switched out for this one years ago. | 在多年前就被人掉包了 |
[37:44] | Well, whatever happened, it doesn’t change the facts. | 不管怎样 摆在我们面前的事实都是一样的 |
[37:46] | We still have one more case to close. | 我们还有案子没结呢 |
[37:51] | Okay, so now we know | 现在我们知道 |
[37:52] | that Frankie killed Stan, | 杀害斯坦的凶手是弗兰基 |
[37:54] | but there are still two murders that need to be solved — | 但是我们还有两宗谋杀案未破呢 |
[37:57] | Sally Campbell and whoever else you put in that car. | 也就是莎莉·坎贝尔和被你们丢在汽车里的另一具尸体 |
[38:00] | It’s time you come clean on what happened | 你们现在该老实交代1947年6月24日的晚上 |
[38:03] | the evening of June 24, 1947, | 到底发生了什么 |
[38:06] | The night you disappeared. | 也就是你们失踪的那晚 |
[38:09] | Tell them, Vera. | 告诉他们吧 薇拉 |
[38:11] | We were all huddled around the, uh, radio, listening to | 我们都挤在收音机前 |
[38:14] | the Sugar Ray Robinson VS Jimmy Doyle prizefight, and, uh, | 收听舒格·雷·罗宾逊对战吉米·度耶的职业拳击赛 |
[38:17] | I was building up nerve to make my escape. | 而我一直在为逃跑的计划而坐立不安 |
[38:20] | …breaks up the clinch. | 将两人分开 |
[38:21] | A slowly tiring Jimmy Doyle throws a left, another left. | 渐渐疲劳的吉米·度耶挥出一记左拳 又是一拳 |
[38:25] | Here comes Robinson. | 接下来是罗宾逊 |
[38:27] | A left. A right. Another left… | 一记左拳 一记右拳 又一记左拳 |
[38:30] | Moxie, I need to powder my nose. | 莫克西 我要去洗手间 |
[38:32] | Are you kidding me? Can it wait? | 你开什么玩笑 非得现在去吗 |
[38:34] | No. | 对 |
[38:35] | Ah, what do you say, boss? | 听你的 老板 |
[38:38] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, make it quick. | 好吧 快去快回 |
[38:40] | Robinson regroups. | 罗宾逊改变策略 |
[38:43] | Robinson delivers a left, a right, a left again. | 罗宾逊挥出一记左拳 右拳 接着又是一记左拳 |
[38:45] | Doyle punches back, but missed him by a mile. | 度耶回击 但却被罗宾逊躲了过去 |
[38:54] | Well, aren’t you a picture? | 真是天作之合呀 |
[38:57] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[38:58] | I’m with her. | 我是她男人 |
[38:59] | Put ’em up. | 把手举起来 |
[39:00] | The guy was Sally’s husband. | 那家伙是莎莉的丈夫 |
[39:02] | She’d only hired Joe to get me away from Dempsey | 她雇用乔只是为了把我从丹普西身边带走 |
[39:05] | so she could exact her revenge. | 她好实施她的复仇计划 |
[39:07] | Now you’re gonna suffer, Vera, like my mother suffered. | 现在该让你尝尝我母亲所受的苦了 |
[39:09] | Wait, Sal. Let me get the ice first. | 等一下 莎莎 我先去拿项链 |
[39:15] | No! | 不 |
[39:16] | Lenny! | 兰尼 |
[39:18] | Ugh! What are you doing? | 你干吗 |
[39:20] | Give me the gun! | 把枪给我 |
[39:27] | Oh! Joe! | 乔 |
[39:28] | We were hot as a pistol | 我们本就深陷泥潭 |
[39:29] | and — and we had two bodies on our hands, | 这下我们手上又多了两条人命 |
[39:32] | And we had to do something. | 我们不得不想点办法 |
[39:35] | And Joe… | 而乔 |
[39:37] | had the plan. | 想出了一个完美计划 |
[39:45] | No one would be looking for those two. | 没人会去寻找那两个人的下落 |
[39:49] | We needed to disappear. | 而我们正好需要消失 |
[40:01] | Obviously, we didn’t disappear far enough. | 显然 我们隐藏的不够好 |
[40:06] | So… | 那么 |
[40:08] | are you going to arrest us? | 你要逮捕我们吗 |
[40:18] | Why would I do that? | 我逮捕你们干吗 |
[40:20] | Sounds like self-defense. | 听上去你们是在自卫 |
[40:22] | Besides… | 再说 |
[40:22] | we’re looking for a woman named Vera, | 我们要找的是一个叫做薇拉 |
[40:24] | not Viola, | 而不是维奥拉 |
[40:26] | And a P.I. named Joe, | 要找的是私家侦探乔 |
[40:28] | not a former bartender named Jerry. | 而不是前酒保杰瑞 |
[40:31] | We don’t know how to thank you. | 我们真不知道该怎么感谢你们 |
[40:35] | I do. | 我知道 |
[40:37] | Answer two questions. | 回答我两个问题 |
[40:40] | One… | 第一 |
[40:42] | if you had the Blue Butterfly, why didn’t you take it? | 拿到了蓝蝴蝶 为什么没带走 |
[40:45] | And two… | 第二 |
[40:47] | where has it been all this time? | 它到底在哪儿 |
[40:49] | Well, we were home free till doll face here | 我们本来是要拿走蓝蝴蝶的 可这位美人 |
[40:51] | had herself an epiphany. | 突然间顿悟了 |
[40:53] | This thing really is cursed. | 这东西的确是被诅咒了 |
[40:55] | Vera, that’s just fancy rocks on a pretty rope. | 薇拉 那只是吊在绳子上的漂亮石头而已 |
[40:57] | No, it’s more than that. | 不 不只是石头 |
[40:59] | It’s misery. Joe, we can’t. | 是苦痛的源头 乔 我们不能带走它 |
[41:02] | I got no love for this thing, | 我不在乎这东西 |
[41:04] | Just you. | 我爱的只有你 |
[41:05] | But I’ll be damned | 但是我也决不会 |
[41:06] | if I let Dempsey get his hands back on it. | 让这东西再落到丹普西手里 |
[41:25] | Let the bastard spend the rest of his life | 那混蛋这辈子都不会知道 |
[41:27] | not knowing his prize possession is right under his nose. | 他的宝贝就藏在他的眼皮底下 |
[41:37] | Cursed or not, did you ever consider going back for it? | 抛开诅咒不提 你们没想过回去拿回来吗 |
[41:41] | They don’t get it, Joe. | 他们还是不明白 乔 |
[41:43] | Mm. I… | 我 |
[41:44] | We got four children, | 我们有四个孩子 |
[41:46] | seven grandchildren, | 七个孙子孙女 |
[41:48] | two great-grandchildren… | 两个曾孙曾孙女 |
[41:51] | and each other. | 还有彼此 |
[41:54] | What do we need a Blue Butterfly for? | 我们要蓝蝴蝶干吗 |
[42:01] | Do you think we should’ve told Joe and Vera | 你觉得我们是不是应该把蓝蝴蝶的真相 |
[42:03] | about the Blue Butterfly? | 告诉乔和薇拉 |
[42:05] | Oh, no. Why ruin it for them? | 不 何必毁了这一切呢 |
[42:07] | No, that’s the stuff that dreams are made of. | 梦想就是用来干这个的 |
[42:13] | Tell me you love me, Joe. | 说你爱我 乔 |
[42:15] | Always. | 我会永远爱你 |