时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:43] | Blow, winds! And crack your cheeks! | 呼啸吧 狂风 吹破你的脸颊 |
[00:48] | Rain! | 骤雨 |
[00:49] | Blow… You cataracts | 翻涌吧 洪水 |
[00:51] | and hurricanoes, | 飓风 |
[00:53] | spout till you have… | 爆发吧 直至… |
[00:59] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[01:00] | I know what you’re asking, and the answer is yes. | 知道你想问什么 我的答案是肯定的 |
[01:02] | Yes, you can take your grandmother | 是的 你可以带你祖母 |
[01:04] | and her entire production of “King Lear” to college with you. | 和她的李尔王剧团跟你一起上大学去 |
[01:07] | I’m going crazy. | 我要发疯了 |
[01:08] | Ear plugs? | 耳塞 |
[01:09] | Not that. I need something to do. | 那个没用 我得找点事情做 |
[01:10] | I had planned to be at Stanford, | 照计划我本该在斯坦福 |
[01:12] | but now I’m here, just waiting. | 可如今我只能干等着 |
[01:14] | What about school? | 学校的事怎么样了 |
[01:15] | I finished all my credits. | 学分都修完了 |
[01:16] | All I’m taking this semester is… | 这学期我要上的唯一一个课程 |
[01:17] | theoretical physics. | 是理论物理学 |
[01:18] | Well, maybe this is exactly what you need | 也许这就是你所需要的 |
[01:21] | a little time off to discover yourself | 给自己一点时间 发现自我 |
[01:24] | travel, adventure. | 旅行 冒险 |
[01:25] | Go for a little life experience. | 去积攒一点人生经验吧 |
[01:28] | That’s a great idea. | 这主意棒极了 |
[01:29] | I could get an internship. | 我可以去实习 |
[01:31] | Practical experience in the job market, | 在工作中获得实践经验 |
[01:32] | you know, test the waters. | 试试水温 |
[01:34] | Well, not exactly what I was thinking– | 呃 我其实不是那个意思… |
[01:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:40] | Blow, wind! | 呼啸吧 狂风 |
[01:42] | Thunder, fire are my daughters! | 雷暴 烈焰 是我的女儿们 |
[01:45] | Daughters… | 女儿们呀 |
[01:46] | That’s why King Lear went mad. | 就是把李尔王逼疯的原因 |
[01:51] | Yes, hello? | 在 你好 |
[01:53] | Your timing was perfect. | 你来电的时间刚刚好 |
[01:54] | My mother was teaching three acting classes today, | 今天 我老妈在我家客厅里给三个 |
[01:56] | in my living room. | 表演班上课 |
[01:57] | Wait a minute. What about her studio? | 等等 她的工作室呢 |
[01:59] | Flooded. They were doing | 被水淹了 她们本来在练习 |
[02:00] | The Storm from “King Lear” | 李尔王里的”暴风雨”一幕 |
[02:01] | and things got… out of hand. | 然后 水就控制不住了… |
[02:04] | Remind me to check my insurance. | 提醒我去查查我的保险 |
[02:07] | Hey, Lanie, what do you got? | 蕾妮 什么情况 |
[02:09] | This is Laura Cambridge, 28. | 劳拉·坎布里奇 二十八岁 |
[02:11] | Traffic found her in the passenger seat of the car. | 交警发现她在那辆车的乘客坐上 |
[02:13] | Cause of death? | 死亡原因 |
[02:14] | She was strangled | 勒死的 |
[02:15] | between the hours of 8:00 and 10:00 last night. | 死亡时间在昨晚八点到十点之间 |
[02:17] | This bruising here indicates a choke hold. | 这道淤青表明她被人用手臂勒住脖子 |
[02:20] | He probably grabbed her from behind | 他大概是从后面抓住她 |
[02:21] | with enough force to crush her hyoid bone. | 然后用力压碎了她的舌骨 |
[02:23] | He? So there was a witness? | 他 这么说有目击者了 |
[02:25] | No, but to kill her in one swift move like that, | 没有 但能这么干净利索一招致命 |
[02:28] | perp had to be taller and heavier than the victim. | 凶手的体型必定比被害人高大 |
[02:31] | No signs of sexual assault, though. | 可是没有性侵犯的痕迹 |
[02:33] | Was she strangled in the car? | 她是在车里被勒死的吗 |
[02:34] | C.S.U. didn’t find any signs of any struggle. | 鉴证组没有发现任何搏斗的痕迹 |
[02:37] | Looks like her body was dumped here postmortem. | 看来她是在死后才被人丢在这里的 |
[02:39] | Whose car is it? | 这是谁的车 |
[02:40] | Not hers. | 不是她的 |
[02:41] | She had a non-driver ID Card. | 她的身份证显示她不开车 |
[02:43] | Ryan’s running the plates to see if we can find the owner. | 莱恩正在查车牌 看看能否找到车主 |
[02:46] | And what about the purse? | 包呢 |
[02:47] | This was tossed in the dumpster. Still has cash in it. | 被丢在垃圾桶里 但里面还有现金 |
[02:50] | Cell phone? | 手机呢 |
[02:51] | Didn’t find one. | 没发现 |
[02:52] | What girl in her 20s doesn’t have a cellphone? | 二十岁的姑娘怎么会没有手机 |
[02:54] | 德裔瑞士移民后裔组成的传统 严密的宗教组织 拒绝汽车及电力等现代设施 过著简朴的生活 | |
[02:54] | Maybe she’s Amish. | 也许她是个阿米什人 |
[02:57] | So I, um, ran those plates off the sedan. | 我查了这辆轿车的车牌 |
[03:00] | And, uh… | 这辆车… |
[03:02] | What? | 怎么了 |
[03:03] | It’s from the motor pool at City Hall. | 是属于市政厅车辆调配中心的 |
[03:05] | City Hall? | 市政厅 |
[03:07] | Who used it last? | 最后使用它的是什么人 |
[03:09] | Mayor Robert Weldon. | 市长罗伯特·威尔顿 |
[03:15] | Uh, we’re all still a little stunned to hear that | 得知我们的车被牵涉在这件事里 |
[03:17] | one of our cars was mixed up in this. | 大家都震惊了 |
[03:18] | Trust me. We’re gonna get this all sorted out. | 相信我 我们会把事情搞清楚的 |
[03:22] | Is that the victim? | 那是死者吗 |
[03:23] | Yes. Laura Cambridge. | 是的 劳拉·坎布里奇 |
[03:26] | Do you recognize her, your honor? | 你认得她吗 市长大人 |
[03:27] | My staff would know better, | 我的下属大概会知道的更清楚 |
[03:29] | but I don’t believe she’s connected with this office. | 但我相信她不是我们这个办公室的 |
[03:31] | Sir, I’m sorry to have to ask you this, | 很抱歉 我必须的问问你 先生 |
[03:33] | but where were you last night between 8:00 and 10:00 PM? | 昨晚八点到十点之间 你在哪呢 |
[03:36] | This is one of New York’s finest, huh, Ricky? | 这位就是纽约市最出色的探长之一吗 里奇 |
[03:37] | She’s the best. | 她是最棒的 |
[03:38] | Yeah, so you keep telling me. | 你一直都是这么跟我说的 |
[03:40] | I was at a small fund-raiser last night | 昨晚我在一个小型的集资晚宴上 |
[03:42] | with about 50 other people. | 大约有五十多人 |
[03:43] | I’ll–I’ll get you their names. | 我会给你一张名单 |
[03:44] | Yeah, I appreciate that. And what about the car? | 好的 非常感谢 那辆车是怎么回事 |
[03:46] | It was one of several used by my office for the event. | 那是这次活动中我们办公室用的几辆车之一 |
[03:49] | Uh, apparently, one of my staffers | 很显然 我的一名下属 |
[03:50] | reported it stolen later that night. | 在当晚已经将那辆车报失 |
[03:54] | Off the record? | 私下说一句 |
[03:56] | The people I was with last night | 昨晚跟我一起的那些人 |
[03:57] | were part of my inner circle. | 是我内部关系圈的一部分 |
[03:58] | We’re forming an exploratory committee | 我们正在组建一个试选委员会 |
[04:00] | for a possible run at governor. | 来看看竞选州长的可能性 |
[04:01] | But–but I’m not anxious to make that public yet. | 但我现在还不想把这件事公布出去 |
[04:04] | I’ll do my best | 我会尽力 |
[04:04] | to keep the nature of your business private. | 不把这件事声张出去的 |
[04:06] | Thanks. I hoped you’d be there, Rick. | 谢谢 我真希望昨晚你也在那 里克 |
[04:08] | Fondue night with Alexis, | 昨晚是和阿丽克西斯的巧克力火锅之夜 |
[04:10] | but I did send a check. | 但我的确寄了张支票过去 |
[04:11] | Thank you for that. | 非常感谢 |
[04:12] | I know that you have a lot more questions, detective. | 我知道你还有许多疑问 探长 |
[04:15] | My chief of staff, Brian Shay, | 我的幕僚长布莱恩·谢伊 |
[04:16] | will answer anything else you want to know. | 会回答你余下的问题 |
[04:18] | – Listen, listen, listen to me, Jack. – I’m listening. | -听…听我说 杰克 -我听着呢 |
[04:20] | You’re swinging in the wind on this, | 你还在摇摆不定 |
[04:21] | but you get me three more votes on the council, | 但如果你给我在委员会里多弄三票 |
[04:24] | and I’ll send you a helicopter. | 我就能送你架直升飞机 |
[04:28] | You’re the detective, right? | 你就是那位探长了 对吧 |
[04:29] | – Yes. – Have a seat. | -是的 -请坐 |
[04:30] | Jordan, we don’t need you in on this. | 乔丹 这里不需要你了 |
[04:32] | You know, I’ll–I’ll leave you guys to work through this | 我就让你们自己处理这事吧 |
[04:34] | unless, Rick, you want to take a look | 除非 里克你愿意来看看 |
[04:35] | at our new library initiative. | 我们的新图书馆建设方案 |
[04:36] | It wouldn’t hurt us to have your endorsement on that. | 万一你想支援支援 可就再好不过了 |
[04:38] | For the New York Public Library, | 支援我最爱的纽约市立图书馆吗 |
[04:40] | my first love? Anything. | 一切都不是问题 |
[04:43] | I’ve already done your leg work, detective. | 我已经帮你干了跑腿的活儿 探长 |
[04:46] | The car was checked out by Elizabeth Watson, | 报失那辆车的人是伊丽莎白·沃森 |
[04:48] | senior director of communication here at the office. | 我们办公室的高级通信处长 |
[04:50] | When she left last night’s event around midnight, | 昨晚午夜时分 她离开活动现场时 |
[04:53] | she discovered that it was missing. | 发现车不见了 |
[04:55] | Here’s her statement. | 这是她的陈述报告 |
[04:56] | With all due respect, Mr. Shay, | 恕我冒昧 谢伊先生 |
[04:58] | police investigations are usually conducted by the police. | 警方的调查通常是由警务人员来完成的 |
[05:00] | Yeah, well, unfortunately, | 是的 但很不幸 |
[05:02] | the 24-hour news cycle moves a hell of a lot faster than you do. | “二十四小时最新咨询”比你们的动作可快多了 |
[05:06] | And I have to get all my ducks in a row | 在这事被曝出去之前 |
[05:08] | before this thing breaks. | 我要确保一切都妥妥当当的 |
[05:09] | It’s my job. | 这就是我的工作 |
[05:10] | And my job is to find Laura’s murderer, | 我的工作是找出杀害劳拉的凶手 |
[05:13] | so if you don’t mind, and even if you do, | 因此你若是不介意的话 尽管你介意 |
[05:15] | I’m gonna get my own statement | 我得亲自再给沃森女士 |
[05:17] | from Ms. Watson about that car. | 做一份关于那辆车的陈述报告 |
[05:19] | And I’m also gonna need statements | 同时 我也需要关于你的下属们 |
[05:20] | from all of your staff as to whether they recognize our victim. | 是否认识被害人的陈述报告 |
[05:24] | Knock yourself out. | 请自便吧 |
[05:26] | But trust me, | 但相信我 |
[05:27] | you’re wasting your time. | 你这是在浪费你的时间 |
[05:28] | It’s my time to waste. | 我的时间我爱怎么浪费怎么浪费 |
[05:29] | Now I got a job to do. | 现在 我得干活去了 |
[05:31] | So do I. Let me be clear. | 我也一样 我跟你说清楚吧 |
[05:33] | Mayor Weldon is my priority. | 我把威尔顿市长摆在凡事的第一位 |
[05:36] | And I’m not about to let this thing embolden his opponents | 我不会允许这事大振他对手们的士气 |
[05:39] | and ruin everything that we’ve built. | 并摧毁我们之前的一切努力 |
[05:43] | He’s right, you know? | 他说的有道理 |
[05:44] | This thing gets out, Major’s not ready with a response, | 这事传出去 市长却没准备好应对措施 |
[05:46] | that’s front-page material for weeks. | 定会成为数周的封面故事 |
[05:47] | It’s front-page news either way. | 不管怎么说 它本就是个劲爆的新闻 |
[05:49] | If his staff wants to minimize damage, | 如果他的下属想要把伤害控制在最小 |
[05:51] | they’ll step back and let me do my job. | 他们就该老实呆着 让我好好工作 |
[05:53] | Step back? | 老实呆着 |
[05:54] | These are politicians. | 这帮人可是玩儿政治的 |
[05:56] | They can’t order at a restaurant | 就算去餐厅点菜 |
[05:57] | without two compromises and an ultimatum. | 也要威逼利诱一番 |
[05:59] | Beckett, my office. | 贝克特 来我办公室 |
[06:05] | What did you find out at City Hall? | 你在市政厅查到什么了 |
[06:06] | The staffer that reported the car stolen | 通报车被盗的职员 |
[06:09] | is accounted for all last night, | 负有丢车的全责 |
[06:11] | and no one in the Mayor’s office seems to recognize our victim. | 市长办公室也没人认识死者 |
[06:14] | So her ties to that vehicle could be purely coincidental? | 所以死者和那车之间没有联系吗 |
[06:16] | That’s entirely possible. | 完全有可能 |
[06:19] | Castle and the Mayor are friends, right? | 卡塞尔和市长是好友 对吧 |
[06:22] | Sir? | 长官 |
[06:23] | These investigations are like juggling wet dynamite. | 这种调查就像是用液体甘油炸弹耍杂技 |
[06:26] | One misstep, and it’ll all blow up in your face. | 一失手 你自己也会被炸的面目全非 |
[06:29] | I can handle myself. | 我自有分寸 |
[06:30] | Well, that’s good, detective, | 那就好 探长 |
[06:32] | because I won’t be the only one watching. | 因为关注此事的人可不止我一个人 |
[06:40] | What was that about? | 怎么了 |
[06:40] | Politics… | 权术之争 |
[06:42] | and your connection to the Mayor. | 还有你和市长的关系 |
[06:44] | Oh, what does it matter? We know he’s not involved. | 那又如何 我们知道他与此无关 |
[06:48] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:51] | She’s right. You are biased. | 她说得对 你在有意偏袒他 |
[06:53] | I’m biased? | 我偏袒 |
[06:55] | Do you know who Gates voted for in the last election? | 你知道盖茨上次选举投谁的票了吗 |
[06:57] | Because I’m betting it wasn’t Weldon. | 我敢打赌不是威尔顿 |
[07:00] | Espo, where are we on that motor pool? | 埃斯波 车辆调配中心进展如何 |
[07:02] | Verification. | 已经核实了 |
[07:03] | Vehicle was checked out at 5:00, | 汽车是5点开走的 |
[07:04] | reported missing shortly after midnight. | 午夜刚过就通报被盗了 |
[07:06] | So it was stolen off the street. | 所以是在街上被偷的吗 |
[07:07] | Looks like. | 看上去是如此 |
[07:08] | Which means, any connection to the City Hall | 那就表明 和市政厅扯上关系 |
[07:10] | is entirely coincidental. | 只是碰巧而已 |
[07:12] | Hey, Ryan. What do our victim’s phone records show? | 莱恩 死者的电话记录如何 |
[07:15] | Any phone calls to City Hall? | 有打给市政厅的电话吗 |
[07:16] | No phone calls at all, | 没有电话记录 |
[07:18] | Because Laura Cambridge didn’t own a cell phone. | 劳拉·坎布里奇根本没有手机 |
[07:21] | And her credit cards haven’t been used in six months. | 她的信用卡也已经半年没用过了 |
[07:23] | No cell phone and no credit cards? | 没手机没信用卡 |
[07:25] | It’s like she’s from another century. | 她可不像是本世纪的人 |
[07:26] | Amish theory’s looking pretty good, bro. | 阿米什人这个说法看来十分靠谱啊 老兄 |
[07:28] | Be nice if it were that easy. | 要是能那么简单就好了 |
[07:29] | But I think something else was going on with her. | 但我觉得她这事没那么简单 |
[07:31] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:32] | Laura was a Professor of Literature at Hudson University. | 劳拉曾是哈德逊大学的文学教授 |
[07:34] | She was a rising star in her department until six months ago. | 直到半年前她还是学院的后起之秀 |
[07:37] | What happened six months ago? | 半年前发生了什么吗 |
[07:38] | She quit for no apparent reason. | 她辞职了 原因不明 |
[07:41] | According to her colleagues, | 据她同事说 |
[07:42] | she also completely cut ties with them, | 她也同他们断绝了联系 |
[07:44] | canceled her cell phone, cut off her credit cards. | 注销了手机和信用卡 |
[07:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:46] | No one knows. It’s like something happened to her. | 没人知道 感觉是她出了什么事 |
[07:48] | After that, all I could find were paystubs | 之后我能找到的就是 |
[07:50] | for fast-food restaurants, a laundry service, | 来自快餐店 洗衣店 |
[07:53] | and an office cleaning company. | 办公楼清洁公司的薪水支票了 |
[07:54] | It’s like she couldn’t keep a job. | 她好像无法长久地干一份工作 |
[07:56] | She went from professor | 她从教授 |
[07:58] | to janitor? | 跳槽到清洁工 |
[07:59] | That’s “Good Will Hunting” but in reverse. | 这像是《心灵捕手》的反转版本 |
[08:01] | Maybe her family can shed some light. | 也许她的家人能透露点情况 |
[08:03] | Well, I tracked down her next of kin. | 我查到了她的亲属 |
[08:04] | She has a sister. She’s on her way in now. | 她有个姐姐 正在来警局的路上 |
[08:06] | All right, you guys dig in to her life, | 很好 你们仔细查探一下她的生活 |
[08:08] | see if we can find out where she was the night she died. | 看看出事那晚她去了哪里 |
[08:09] | Castle and I will go over to her apartment | 卡塞尔和我会搜索她的公寓 |
[08:11] | to see if we can find out who she was with. | 看能否查出她是和谁在一起 |
[08:13] | Well, honestly, she pretty much kept to herself. | 老实说 她不怎么和人交流 |
[08:16] | She paid on time. That’s what matters. | 她不拖欠房租 这就够了 |
[08:19] | That’s my stuff! You took my stuff! | 那是我的东西 你拿了我的东西 |
[08:21] | Unlike those two chuckleheads. | 不像这两个傻瓜 |
[08:24] | Uh, excuse me, please, officer, | 不好意思 警官 |
[08:26] | and, uh, gentleman. | 不好意思 先生 |
[08:28] | Hey, pipe down, for crying out loud! | 安静点 别吵吵 |
[08:30] | “Officer and a gentleman.” | “警官与先生” |
[08:32] | That could be the name of our crime blog. | 这可以作为我们罪案博客的名称 |
[08:34] | Crime blog? | 罪案博客 |
[08:35] | The way that you help me write police reports? | 就像你帮我写警察报告那样吗 |
[08:37] | Got a feeling I’ll be writing that one on my own. | 我看最后还得靠我自己写吧 |
[08:41] | Doesn’t really seem to be any signs of struggle. | 看起来没有打斗的痕迹 |
[08:43] | Yeah, no sign of a tv or computer either. | 没错 也没有电脑和电视 |
[08:45] | That’s weird, right? | 很奇怪对吧 |
[08:46] | Bunch of deadbeat tenants in here. | 一群拖欠房租的家伙 |
[08:48] | You ever get bored, I’m sure I could fill up | 你要是无聊 我可以帮你 |
[08:50] | a couple of holding cells for you. | 再填满几个牢房 |
[08:51] | Mr. Harvey, when was the last time you saw Laura? | 哈维先生 你最后看见劳拉是什么时候 |
[08:53] | – Did you see her yesterday? – During the day. | -昨天见过她吗 -白天见过 |
[08:55] | She worked nights. I saw her head to work around 5:00. | 她上夜班 我看到她5点左右去上班 |
[08:59] | Do you know where she worked? | 你知道她在哪儿上班吗 |
[09:00] | Someplace that paid. That’s all I know. | 付工资的地方呗 我就知道这些 |
[09:02] | Did you ever see Laura with any friends, boyfriends? | 你有看过劳拉带朋友 男朋友吗 |
[09:04] | No. Unh-unh. | 没见过 |
[09:05] | Uh, but I did see a guy leaving here last night. | 不过昨晚我看到一个男人从这离开 |
[09:08] | When was that? | 什么时候 |
[09:08] | Around 9… 30. | 9点半左右 |
[09:11] | Well, that’s inside our 8:00 to 10:00 P.M. murder window. | 正好吻合晚上8点至10点的死亡时间 |
[09:13] | Do you remember what he looked like? | 你记得他长什么样吗 |
[09:14] | Uh, 6 feet tall, | 6尺高 |
[09:16] | caucasian, dark hair. | 白种人 深色头发 |
[09:18] | She never mentioned anyone like that. | 她从未提过这样的人 |
[09:21] | She wasn’t dating anyone. | 她没有交往对象 |
[09:22] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[09:23] | I tried to set her up with a few guys, | 我试着给她介绍对象 |
[09:25] | but she wasn’t interested. | 可她都不感兴趣 |
[09:26] | Did your sister have | 你妹妹和市政厅 |
[09:27] | any connection to City Hall or local politics? | 或者本地政治家有什么关系吗 |
[09:30] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 我想没有 |
[09:32] | Were you and your sister close? | 你们姐妹俩关系好吗 |
[09:33] | We used to be. | 曾经很好 |
[09:34] | She used to tell me everything. | 她曾经和我无话不谈 |
[09:36] | And then… six months ago, | 直到半年前 |
[09:38] | she stopped calling. | 她不再打电话来 |
[09:40] | She just… dropped out of her life. | 她的生活脱离了常轨 |
[09:43] | She gave up her teaching position, | 放弃了教师职位 |
[09:45] | she moved out of her apartment on the upper west side | 从上西区的公寓搬到 |
[09:47] | into that flophouse. | 那种廉价楼里 |
[09:49] | Do you have any idea why? | 你知道原因吗 |
[09:51] | When was the last time you spoke to her? | 你最后一次和她联系是什么时候 |
[09:53] | Three days ago. | 三天以前 |
[09:54] | She called for my birthday. | 我过生日 她打来了电话 |
[09:56] | From where? | 用什么打的 |
[09:57] | She didn’t have a phone. | 她连电话都没有 |
[09:58] | I don’t know, but she was upset. | 我不知道 可她情绪低落 |
[10:01] | She said she was in trouble | 她说她因为工作上的事 |
[10:03] | because of something that happened at work. | 陷入了麻烦 |
[10:05] | Did she tell you why? | 她提到是什么事了吗 |
[10:06] | No. She said it was too dangerous for me to know. | 没有 她说太危险了不能告诉我 |
[10:11] | So Laura Cambridge left a tenure-track position | 所以劳拉·坎布里奇为了廉租房 |
[10:14] | at a respected university for some flophouse | 和给她带来重重麻烦的神秘夜间工作 |
[10:16] | and a mysterious night job that got her into so much trouble, | 辞去了在知名大学的终身教职 |
[10:18] | she ended up murdered. | 最终惨遭杀害 |
[10:20] | What the hell was she mixed up in? | 她到底卷入了什么事呢 |
[10:21] | The man who left her apartment– | 那个从她公寓出来的男人 |
[10:23] | if he’s our killer, he was looking for her. | 如果他是凶手 他是在找她 |
[10:25] | He probably went to her work to find her. | 他很可能去工作的地方找她了 |
[10:27] | Which means, wherever that is, | 这就表示 不管那是哪里 |
[10:28] | it’s probably the last place she was seen alive. | 那大概是她生前最后出现的地方 |
[10:29] | I got it! I found where she works. | 我查到了 我查到她在哪上班了 |
[10:31] | Her bank statement says she received | 她的银行账户明细显示她最近从一家叫 |
[10:32] | recent direct deposits from a D.A.G. Corp. | D.A.G.的公司收到了存款 |
[10:35] | Now I had to dig deep within the city’s business registries, | 我还得在全市的商业登记处仔细查找一下 |
[10:37] | but I found one listing for a D.A.G. Corp | 不过我找到了一家D.A.G.公司 |
[10:40] | between 2nd and 3rd in the Bowery. | 在二三大道间的包厘街上 |
[10:42] | Let’s go. | 咱们走吧 |
[10:45] | There it is. Suite 250. | 就是这里 250号套间 |
[10:46] | What kind of business do you think this is– | 你觉得这会是什么生意 |
[10:48] | shadowy import/export, money laundering, | 进出口走私 洗钱 |
[10:51] | sweatshop? | 血汗工厂 |
[10:53] | No, please. | 求求你 不要 |
[10:55] | Do you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[10:56] | Stop it. You’re hurting me. | 住手 你弄疼我了 |
[11:01] | Bobby? | 鲍比 |
[11:04] | Stop! | 快停下 |
[11:06] | Stop! | 停 |
[11:08] | Stop! | 够了 |
[11:09] | NYPD, no… | 纽约警局 不许… |
[11:11] | I’m a bad little schoolgirl. | 我是个叛逆的女学生 |
[11:17] | It’s just an office. | 只是间办公室 |
[11:20] | Where only women work? | 仅限女性工作者吗 |
[11:22] | Oh, yeah, baby. I’m still here. | 宝贝 我还在 |
[11:24] | What is this place? | 这是个什么地方 |
[11:28] | I’d say it’s about $4.99 a minute. | 我说 这里大概4.99美元一分钟 |
[11:32] | It’s not a sweatshop. | 肯定不是血汗工厂 |
[11:35] | It’s a sex shop. | 是一家色情电话公司 |
[11:40] | Oh, Murray. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, like that. | 莫里 继续 继续 不要停 |
[11:53] | You hear the clicking of stilettos | 詹姆斯 听到高跟鞋 |
[11:54] | coming towards you, James? | 向你走来的声音了吗 |
[11:56] | …farm, no men for miles. | 农田里 四下无人 |
[11:58] | Could you stay and… | 你能留下来… |
[11:59] | Vampire with sharp teeth for to hold you down | 长着利牙的吸血鬼压着你 |
[12:02] | while I suck your… | 而我在吮吸你的… |
[12:03] | Laura was one of my favorites. | 劳拉是我们这最受欢迎的其中一位 |
[12:06] | Just a sweet, intelligent, funny girl. | 甜美 聪明又有趣的女孩 |
[12:09] | She’d only been here a few months, | 她才来了几个月 |
[12:11] | and already, she was one of our most popular goddesses. | 已经成为了最受欢迎的女神之一 |
[12:14] | I can’t believe that she’s dead. | 真不敢相信她死了 |
[12:15] | Was she taking calls last night? | 她昨晚有工作吗 |
[12:18] | No. No, she took last night off. | 没有 她昨晚请假了 |
[12:20] | Said she had something to take care of. | 说有事要处理 |
[12:22] | Laura told her sister that she was in trouble at work, | 劳拉和她姐姐说自己工作上遇到了麻烦 |
[12:25] | that something had happened. | 发生了一些事 |
[12:26] | Nothing happened that I know of. | 据我所知什么事都没有 |
[12:28] | I mean, she did seem distracted the past few days, | 过去几天她是有点心不在焉的 |
[12:30] | but that’s about all. | 但仅此而已 |
[12:31] | Well, being the chief… | 作为首席 |
[12:33] | “Sexecutive officer,” | 执”性”官 |
[12:35] | did you notice any conflicts with her and her colleagues? | 你有发现她和同事之间有什么矛盾吗 |
[12:38] | Well, she kept to herself. | 她不爱交际 |
[12:40] | But she got along well with the other girls. | 但和其他女孩关系不错 |
[12:41] | There were no complaints about Laura. | 没有针对劳拉的投诉 |
[12:43] | Did she ever tell you why she was working here? | 她有和你说过为什么要在这工作吗 |
[12:45] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[12:46] | I-I just find it odd. | 我 我只是觉得奇怪 |
[12:47] | She’s a professor with a promising career ahead of her, | 她是一名有着大好前途的老师 |
[12:50] | and then all of the sudden, | 然后突然之间 |
[12:50] | she decides to become a phone sex operator. | 她成了一名电话调情工作者 |
[12:53] | Maybe she liked it. | 可能她就是喜欢呢 |
[12:55] | We get all types here, detective– | 这里形形色色的人都有 探长 |
[12:56] | students, actresses, moms. | 学生 女演员 妈妈们 |
[12:59] | I knew an accountant who did it because she liked the challenge | 一名会计师从事这个职业 因为她想要挑战自己 |
[13:01] | and it turned her on. | 而且这让她欲罢不能 |
[13:03] | It’s a powerful thing to make a client lust for you. | 让客户为你痴狂是件很有成就感的事 |
[13:09] | Any chance that one of her clients became obsessed with her? | 有没有可能她的客户迷上了她 |
[13:12] | Oh, honey, obsession pays our bills. | 亲爱的 着迷了我们才有收入 |
[13:14] | Could they have found out her real identity, | 他们会不会发现了她的真实身份 |
[13:16] | maybe contacted her? | 然后缠上了她 |
[13:17] | Absolutely not. | 当然不可能 |
[13:18] | No, we keep all of our girls anonymous. | 不会的 所有的姑娘都是匿名的 |
[13:20] | Clients can’t be contacted directly. | 客户们不可能直接找上她们的 |
[13:22] | They call one central line, and all our calls | 他们都打到总台 所有的电话 |
[13:24] | are routed to each girl by our dispatcher. | 被调度员分配到每一个姑娘 |
[13:27] | Uh, yeah, it’s my job to take the client’s name | 是我负责记录客户的名字 |
[13:28] | and credit card information, | 和信用卡信息 |
[13:31] | and then route the calls to the girls. | 然后把电话转给姑娘们 |
[13:33] | It’s 2:00 in the afternoon. Is it always this busy? | 现在是下午两点 一直这么忙吗 |
[13:36] | Sure. | 是的 |
[13:37] | Some guys need a morning jolt, | 有些人需要早起运动 |
[13:38] | Some guys need an afternoon pick-me-up. | 有些人则需要下午的提神运动 |
[13:40] | Someone should told them, coffee’s cheaper. | 应该有人告诉他们 咖啡更便宜 |
[13:42] | It’s not just about the sex. | 这不仅关乎性爱而已 |
[13:44] | That’s the part of this business most people don’t understand. | 这也是大部分人对这个行业的困惑之处 |
[13:48] | Guys call, girls call, | 男女都打电话来 |
[13:50] | they’re looking for release. | 他们寻求释放 |
[13:51] | Sometimes that release is sexual, but sometimes– | 有时候通过性爱 但有时候 |
[13:54] | It’s therapy. | 也是种治疗 |
[13:56] | Or…so I’ve been told. | 或者 至少我是这么听说的 |
[13:59] | It’s true. | 这倒是 |
[14:00] | Laura was a successful goddess | 劳拉之所以这么受欢迎 |
[14:01] | not just because of her sexy talk, | 不仅凭借她的性感嗓音 |
[14:03] | but because she was a really good listener. | 更因为她是个很好的倾听者 |
[14:05] | Well, that might have gotten her killed. | 也可能为她招来杀身之祸 |
[14:07] | Sarah, were there any clients that she asked to have blocked? | 萨拉 她有要求拒接某个客户的电话吗 |
[14:11] | No. | 没有 |
[14:12] | What about problems here at work? | 工作上的问题呢 |
[14:13] | Was there anything she couldn’t tell her boss about? | 她有没有什么瞒着老板的 |
[14:17] | No. She, um… | 没有 她… |
[14:20] | She what? | 她怎么了 |
[14:23] | – Sarah? – I’m sorry. | -萨拉 -对不起 |
[14:25] | Oh, god. I’m so sorry. | 天呐 真的很对不起 |
[14:28] | It’s my fault she’s dead. | 她的死都是我的错 |
[14:30] | How? | 怎么回事 |
[14:31] | Did a client find out who she was? | 有客户知道她是谁了吗 |
[14:33] | No. It was the other way around. | 不 恰恰相反 |
[14:37] | Laura came to me about a week ago. | 劳拉大概一周前来找我 |
[14:40] | She, um, she wanted a-a client’s contact information. | 她 她想要一位客户的联系方式 |
[14:44] | I told her it was completely against policy. | 我告诉她那违反了规定 |
[14:48] | But she was desperate. | 但她一定要 |
[14:49] | She said it was a matter of life and death. | 说那事性命攸关 |
[14:53] | Okay, we’re gonna need that client’s name. | 我们想要那位客户的名字 |
[14:56] | Edgar Navarro? | 埃德加·纳瓦罗吗 |
[14:57] | Hey, I didn’t do nothing. | 我什么都没做 |
[14:58] | You had no right to drag me out in front of my moms. | 你无权在我妈妈面前把我拖出来 |
[15:00] | No? Where were you last night between 8:00 and 10:00? | 是嘛 昨晚八点至十点你在哪 |
[15:04] | What’s this about? | 问这干嘛 |
[15:06] | – Do you recognize this woman? – Hey, look, I– | -你认识这个女人吗 -听着 我 |
[15:10] | I don’t know what she told you, | 我不知道她和你们说了什么 |
[15:12] | but all we did was talk. | 但我们只是聊天而已 |
[15:12] | I didn’t do nothin’ illegal. | 我没做任何违法的事 |
[15:14] | Then how come she’s dead? | 那她怎么死了 |
[15:16] | W-what? | 你说什么 |
[15:17] | We know that she called you, Edgar, | 我们知道她给你打了电话 埃德加 |
[15:20] | and that the two of you met up. | 你们俩还见面了 |
[15:21] | It’s not what you think. She just needed my help. | 事情不是你想的那样 她找我帮忙 |
[15:24] | What kind of help could you have given her? | 找你帮什么忙 |
[15:26] | I learned how to fix computers in prison. | 我在牢内学会了如何修电脑 |
[15:29] | That’s why Laura called me. | 这也是劳拉给我打电话的原因 |
[15:30] | She needed me to copy some digital recordings for her | 她要我从她硬盘复制一些 |
[15:33] | from their hard drive, | 录音文件 |
[15:34] | But she didn’t know how to rip them. | 但她不知道怎么操作 |
[15:35] | I told her I needed the file extensions. | 我告诉她我需要文件扩展名 |
[15:37] | She said she’d get them and then call me from her cell | 她说拿到后用手机给我电话 |
[15:39] | to work her through it– | 教她怎么做 |
[15:40] | Only she didn’t even own a cell, Edgar. | 她没有手机 埃德加 |
[15:42] | Yes, she did. | 她有的 |
[15:45] | That’s her number right there. | 这就是她的号码 |
[15:48] | Did she tell you why she needed those files copied? | 她告诉你她为什么要复制那些文件吗 |
[15:50] | She said she’d heard something on a call, | 她说在电话里听到了 |
[15:52] | something she wasn’t supposed to hear… | 一些不该知道的事 |
[15:56] | Something bad. | 不好的事 |
[15:57] | She said she needed a copy of it for evidence. | 她需要复制一份做证据 |
[16:01] | So Laura never mentioned a call that | 所以劳拉从没提过让她惊惶的 |
[16:03] | upset or concerned her? | 那个电话吗 |
[16:04] | She never said a word. | 一个字都没提过 |
[16:06] | And she never asked for copies of recordings? | 她也没有要过录音的副本吗 |
[16:07] | No, and I’m the one to ask. | 没有 副本都在我这里 |
[16:09] | This computer room is locked up tight, | 电脑室一直锁着 |
[16:10] | and I’m the only one with a key. | 只有我钥匙 |
[16:15] | The lock’s broken. | 锁被撬开了 |
[16:28] | Okay. | 进来吧 |
[16:31] | The hard drive’s gone. | 硬盘不见了 |
[16:32] | All of our calls for the last two months were on that drive. | 上两月的来电记录都在那个硬盘里 |
[16:35] | When was the last time you were in here? | 你最近一次进来是什么时候 |
[16:36] | This morning. Everything was fine. | 今天早上 一切还好好的 |
[16:38] | This must’ve just happened. | 这肯定是才发生的 |
[16:39] | Has anyone visited the office today? | 今天有谁来过办公室吗 |
[16:41] | Yes, a… | 有 一个… |
[16:44] | A man from the gas company. | 一个煤气公司的人 |
[16:46] | He said there was a leak in the building | 他说因为施工 |
[16:48] | because of the construction. | 大楼里有煤气泄漏 |
[16:49] | Can you describe him? | 你能描述下他的样子吗 |
[16:50] | Um, about 6 feet tall, white, dark hair. | 大概六英尺高 白人 深色头发 |
[16:53] | Same guy who was at Laura’s apartment the night she died? | 和劳拉遇害那晚出现在她公寓的是同一个家伙 |
[16:56] | What the hell was on that recording? | 那录音带上到底有什么 |
[16:59] | Whatever it is… | 不管是什么 |
[17:00] | It’s worth killing for. | 都值得为之杀人 |
[17:03] | So how is the case | 那个知道了太多的 |
[17:05] | of the phone sex gal who knew too much going? | 色情电话女孩的案子怎么样了 |
[17:08] | It’s more of a conspiracy thriller, | 有点阴谋惊悚片的感觉 |
[17:11] | like, uh, “The Conversation” or “Blow Out.” | 像是《窃听大阴谋》或是《凶线》 |
[17:14] | Everyone wants this recording and the secrets on it. | 所有人都想得到那录音带和上面的秘密 |
[17:17] | Oh, very mysterious. | 非常神秘嘛 |
[17:18] | Yeah, and that’s not the only mystery. | 是的 神秘的还不止这些 |
[17:20] | Why would a woman like Laura Cambridge, | 为什么一个像劳拉·坎布里奇的女人 |
[17:23] | a highly educated professor, | 一位高学历的教授 |
[17:24] | suddenly quit everything and just drop out of her life | 会突然之间放弃她的生活中的一切 |
[17:27] | for a series of menial jobs | 去做那些卑贱不起眼的工作 |
[17:29] | culminating in the wonderful world of phone sex? | 最后踏入了色情电话的奇妙世界 |
[17:33] | None of the pieces fit. | 一点都说不通 |
[17:34] | Hmm. Who called her? | 是谁打电话给她的 |
[17:36] | I mean, you must be able to trace the call | 我是说 即使没有电话录音 |
[17:38] | even though you don’t have the recording, right? | 你们肯定也可以追踪这个电话的 不是吗 |
[17:40] | Well, we have subpoenaed a list of all the incoming calls | 我们已经传讯劳拉当班时 |
[17:42] | on Laura’s shifts, | 所有来电的名单 |
[17:42] | But that’s gonna be like looking for a needle in a needle stack. | 但这好比是海底捞针 |
[17:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:50] | Mr. Castle… | 卡塞尔先生 |
[17:53] | do you remember me? | 还记得我吗 |
[17:55] | I called you before… | 我们之前通过话 |
[17:57] | about Detective Beckett’s safety. | 讨论过贝克特探长的安全问题 |
[18:00] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[18:02] | Once again, Mr. Castle, | 这一次 卡塞尔先生 |
[18:04] | it seems that we need to talk. | 看来我们又要好好谈谈了 |
[18:11] | Are you sure it’s the same man | 你确定这就是上次为了 |
[18:13] | who called you about Beckett? | 贝克特的事打电话来的人 |
[18:14] | It’s definitely him. | 肯定是他 |
[18:16] | Then the death of this young woman | 这么说这个年轻女子的死与 |
[18:17] | is somehow connected to Beckett’s mother? | 贝克特母亲之间有着什么联系 |
[18:19] | It has to be, otherwise why would he call? | 肯定是 要不然他为什么打电话过来 |
[18:20] | What did he say? | 他说了什么 |
[18:22] | He said that there were greater forces at play, | 他说还有更强大的力量卷入其中 |
[18:24] | that more was at stake than we realize. | 其中的利害关系比我们想的更深 |
[18:27] | Clearly this is not just about phone sex. | 这一切显然不仅仅关乎色情电话了 |
[18:29] | Whatever Laura Cambridge overheard that night, | 不管那天晚上劳拉·坎布里奇无意中听到了什么 |
[18:31] | It got someone’s attention, someone big. | 肯定引起了某人的注意 某个大人物 |
[18:33] | What I don’t get is, what are you supposed to do about it? | 我不懂的是 他要你对此做些什么 |
[18:36] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:37] | He gave me a number | 他给了我一个号码 |
[18:38] | to contact him if I needed help. | 让我在需要帮助的时候联系他 |
[18:41] | He said I would know when it was time. | 他说我会知道是什么时候的 |
[18:44] | You plan to tell Beckett? | 你打算告诉贝克特吗 |
[18:46] | Tell her what? “Hey, Kate. | 告诉她什么 嘿 凯特 |
[18:47] | I’ve been taking calls from a shadowy figure | 我一直在跟一个神秘人通话 |
[18:49] | who wants to keep you off your mother’s murder case | 他想让我阻止你继续调查你母亲的谋杀案 |
[18:51] | so they don’t kill you, too”? | 以免你也遭遇不测 |
[18:55] | Yeah. Okay. | 恩 好的 |
[18:58] | Hold on. Wait. | 稍等一下 |
[18:59] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[19:00] | No, I’m not eating. | 不 我没在吃东西 |
[19:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:08] | Hey. You’re just in time. | 嘿 你来得正是时候 |
[19:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:13] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[19:14] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[19:17] | So what have we got? | 都查到了什么 |
[19:18] | Lanie just called. | 蕾妮刚打电话了 |
[19:20] | She said that she found fibers in Laura’s mouth | 她说她在死者嘴里和食道中 |
[19:23] | and esophagus. | 发现了一些纤维 |
[19:24] | The lab I.D.’ed it as light brown cashmere, | 实验室确认为浅棕色羊绒 |
[19:26] | which was most likely from our killer’s coat sleeve. | 极有可能来自凶手外衣的袖子 |
[19:28] | Brown cashmere. | 棕色羊绒 |
[19:30] | So we can narrow our suspects down | 那我们可以将嫌疑犯范围 |
[19:31] | to rich men with impeccable taste. | 缩小到为高品味的有钱人 |
[19:33] | Are you saying, you’re a suspect? | 你是说你自己也有嫌疑了 |
[19:35] | Alexis is my alibi. | 阿丽克西斯是我的不在场证明 |
[19:36] | What about our gas company worker? | 那个煤气公司员工怎么样了 |
[19:37] | Well, surprise–he doesn’t work for the gas company. | 想不到吧 他并不在煤气公司工作 |
[19:40] | And uniforms said that there was no forensic evidence | 警员说在致电性感女神办公室里 |
[19:44] | at the dial-a-goddess office. | 也没找到任何法鉴证据 |
[19:46] | But what we did get from dial-a-goddess were | 但我们从致电性感女神拿到了 |
[19:48] | their copious call logs– about 200 pages worth. | 他们冗长的电话记录 大概两百多页 |
[19:52] | These ladies are busy. | 这些女士们非常忙碌 |
[19:53] | I’ve been going through them all morning, | 我整个早上都花在这上面了 |
[19:55] | trying to sort Laura’s calls from the other girls’ lines. | 试图把劳拉的电话从里面整理出来 |
[19:57] | Are there any calls in there from the mayor’s office? | 里面有从市长办公室里打出的吗 |
[19:59] | I thought you said you were confident | 我以为你十分确信 |
[20:00] | that he wasn’t involved? | 他与此事无关呢 |
[20:01] | I’m just trying to be thorough and impartial. | 我只是想更彻底和公正一点 |
[20:04] | Not yet, | 还没发现 |
[20:05] | but the private sector is well-represented. | 但政府部门的不在少数 |
[20:07] | I got calls from the met, banks, | 这里有警察局的 银行的 |
[20:09] | several high-profile brokerage houses. | 还有一些有名的证券公司的 |
[20:11] | No wonder the economy collapsed, huh? | 怪不得会经济危机了 是吧 |
[20:13] | Yo, Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[20:14] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[20:18] | What do you got? | 你查到什么了 |
[20:20] | If anything shows up in here | 如果这里出现任何 |
[20:23] | and it’s tied to | 与贝克特枪击案 |
[20:24] | either Beckett’s shooting or Johanna Beckett’s murder, | 或乔安娜·贝克特凶杀案有关的东西 |
[20:27] | would you tell me right away? | 你能马上通知我吗 |
[20:28] | Wait. You guys think this is connected– | 等等 你们认为这和 |
[20:30] | No. | 不 |
[20:32] | Not you guys. | 不是我们 |
[20:33] | Beckett doesn’t know, and I don’t want her to know. | 贝克特不知情 而且我不想让她知道 |
[20:35] | Why do you think it’s connected? | 你为什么认为两者有联系 |
[20:36] | I just… | 我只是 |
[20:38] | I just want to cover all my bases. | 我只是想考虑所有的可能性 |
[20:41] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[20:42] | – Thanks. – You guys. | -谢谢了 -伙计们 |
[20:43] | So uniforms canvassing around Laura’s apartment | 警员在劳拉公寓周围排查的时候 |
[20:46] | found a cab that recognized her pic. | 找到了一名出租车司机认出了她 |
[20:48] | He said that two days ago, he dropped her off | 他说两天前他送她到 |
[20:50] | at the Gotham 11 TV station downtown. | 市里的哥谭11频道电视台 |
[20:52] | A television station. | 电视台 |
[20:55] | Why would she go to a television station? | 她为什么去电视台 |
[20:56] | Why would she go into the phone sex business? | 她为什么进入色情电话行业 |
[20:58] | Why would she do any of these things she did? | 她为什么做所有的这些事情 |
[20:59] | Well, hopefully I’ll get some answers, but first, | 希望我们能找到答案 但首先 |
[21:01] | I ran down that cell number we got from Edgar Navarro. | 我追查了埃德加·纳瓦罗给我们的那个手机号 |
[21:03] | It’s a pay-as-you-go phone. | 是部预付费手机 |
[21:05] | Laura just activated it six days ago. | 劳拉六天前才开始用 |
[21:07] | She’s hardly used it. | 她基本没怎么用过 |
[21:08] | She made one call to Edgar | 她打了个电话给埃德加 |
[21:10] | and another on the day she died to an agent. | 她在遇害那天打给了一个代理商[探员] |
[21:12] | A federal agent? | 联邦探员吗 |
[21:13] | No, a book agent. Trevor Hanes. | 不 一个出版商 特雷弗·海因斯 |
[21:17] | It’s just absurdly tragic. | 实在是太不幸了 |
[21:19] | Laura was an incredibly talented writer. | 劳拉是一位才华横溢的作家 |
[21:22] | You were her agent? | 你是她的出版商 |
[21:23] | Yeah, we signed her as a client about six months ago | 是的 我们是六个月与她签约的 |
[21:26] | on the back of an astonishing book proposal. | 因为她提出了一个很精彩的点子 |
[21:28] | What’s the book about? | 这本书讲的是什么 |
[21:28] | It’s a scathing indictment of societal inequity | 是关于从穷苦大众的角度 |
[21:31] | as seen through the lens of the working poor. | 对社会的不平等进行严厉的控诉 |
[21:33] | A sort of contemporary take | 呈现了当今社会 |
[21:34] | on how the other half lives. | 底层人们生活困境 |
[21:36] | A privileged young woman gives up every comfort | 一位养尊处优的女性放弃一切 |
[21:38] | to experience life below the poverty line. | 去体验贫困人群的生活 |
[21:39] | That’s why she took all those jobs–firsthand research. | 所以她才会做那些工作 第一手资料 |
[21:42] | The thing pitches itself really. | 这种题材十分卖座 |
[21:44] | So we’ll need to see a copy of that manuscript. | 我们需要看一下她的手稿 |
[21:47] | Her investigations might have led to her death. | 她的调查可能导致了她被害 |
[21:49] | Well, there isn’t one, at least not that I’ve seen anyway. | 她没有手稿 至少我没看到过 |
[21:52] | Bedsides… I don’t think she was killed | 而且我不认为她是因为 |
[21:55] | because of her anticapitalist polemic. | 反资本主义言论而遇害的 |
[21:57] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[21:58] | Earlier this week, she called my office, | 这周早些时候 她打电话到我办公室 |
[22:00] | said she stumbled upon a much more explosive story– | 说她发现了一个更为惊人的故事 |
[22:03] | a scandal involving a very prominent, | 是一桩丑闻 牵扯到一位十分显赫 |
[22:05] | very powerful New Yorker. | 在纽约举足轻重的人物 |
[22:07] | She said it would rock the city to its very foundations. | 她说这会彻底地震动这座城市 |
[22:11] | W-what–what prominent New Yorker? | 哪个纽约的大人物 |
[22:13] | She wouldn’t say. | 她不肯说 |
[22:14] | I just assumed it was a pitch for her next book. | 我以为她只是想跟我再签本书 |
[22:17] | We were gonna discuss it this week. | 我们约好这个礼拜讨论的 |
[22:19] | Sorry. Excuse me. | 对不起 失陪一下 |
[22:22] | Hey, Espo. | 埃斯波 |
[22:23] | – What’s up? – I’m at the Gotham 11 Office. | -什么事 -我在哥谭11频道的办公室 |
[22:25] | There’s something you need to see. | 你得过来看看 |
[22:27] | This is Pat McConnell, Laura’s college buddy. | 这位是帕特·麦康诺 劳拉的大学同学 |
[22:29] | Tell ’em what you told me. | 把你和我说的复述一遍 |
[22:31] | Well, I hadn’t seen Laura in years. | 我很多年没见过劳拉了 |
[22:32] | So a few days ago, she calls me out of the blue, | 几天前她突然打电话给我 |
[22:34] | says she needs to see some raw footage we shot | 说是要看看我们拍的一些原始录像 |
[22:36] | for this research project she’s working on. | 说是她的研究项目需要 |
[22:38] | So I set her up at this edit bay. | 所以我带她来了这个编辑室 |
[22:40] | She was here for over eight hours. | 她一待就是八个小时 |
[22:42] | I mean, at one point, she even fell asleep. | 有段时间她都睡着了 |
[22:44] | I came by to check on her, she had her eyes closed. | 我当时过来看过她 发现她眼睛闭着 |
[22:46] | – Raw footage of what? – It’s all b-roll | -什么原始录像 -都是副带 |
[22:48] | of Mayor Weldon– | 拍摄威尔顿市长的 |
[22:49] | City council meetings, playground openings, | 市议会会议 游乐场开业典礼 |
[22:51] | backstage at a press conference. | 记者招待会后台录像等等 |
[22:53] | A scandal about a prominent, powerful New Yorker. | 关于一位显赫的在纽约举足轻重的人物的丑闻 |
[22:56] | And check out this last tape she was watching. | 这是她看的最后一段录像 |
[23:03] | That’s the reading train foundation. | 这是移动图书馆基金会 |
[23:04] | I went to their gala last year. | 去年我参加了他们的庆功会 |
[23:06] | Now look at the girl on the side of the screen. | 你看屏幕边上的这个女人 |
[23:09] | That’s Laura. | 是劳拉 |
[23:12] | That’s impossible. He said he didn’t know her. | 这不可能 他说他不认识她 |
[23:14] | Castle, look what the mayor is wearing. | 卡塞尔 你看市长的穿着 |
[23:16] | It’s a light brown coat, and it looks like cashmere. | 浅棕色外套 像羊毛材质的 |
[23:19] | That’s just the coat that our killer was wearing. | 和凶手的衣着一样 |
[23:28] | Beckett, I know this man. | 贝克特 我了解这个人 |
[23:29] | I’ve known him 12 years. He’s not a killer. | 我们认识十二年了 他不是杀人犯 |
[23:32] | You don’t know that. | 这点你不知道 |
[23:33] | Yes, I do. | 我敢肯定 |
[23:34] | Castle, he lied about knowing our victim. | 卡塞尔 他对我们撒谎说他不认识死者 |
[23:37] | He was standing next to her. | 他当时站在她旁边 |
[23:38] | That doesn’t mean he knew her. | 这不代表他认识她 |
[23:40] | You know how many people he meets in a day? | 你知道他一天之内要见多少人吗 |
[23:42] | Expecting him to remember them all– | 你想要他记住每个人 |
[23:43] | that’s like expecting me to remember | 就像想要我记住 |
[23:45] | everyone who comes to my book signings. | 每个来我签售会的人一样 |
[23:46] | You’re biased. | 你偏袒他 |
[23:47] | You’re damn right, I’m biased. | 你说得太对了 我就是偏袒他 |
[23:49] | Robert Weldon is a good man. | 罗伯特·威尔顿是个好人 |
[23:50] | Even good men make mistakes. He had access to that car. | 好人也会失足犯错 他可以支配那辆车 |
[23:54] | His aide said that he left the event at 9:00 p.m. | 他的助手说他离开聚会的时间是晚上九点 |
[23:56] | That’s right inside of our kill zone. | 就在谋杀时间区之内 |
[23:57] | Fine. What’s his motive? | 好吧 那他有何动机 |
[23:59] | I don’t know, at least, not yet. | 我不知道 至少现在还不知道 |
[24:01] | Then give him a chance, | 那就给他个机会 |
[24:02] | because the minute you move on him, | 因为一旦你对他采取行动 |
[24:04] | his career is over. | 他的事业就毁于一旦了 |
[24:12] | So… what’s the latest? | 有什么新消息 |
[24:15] | We’ve got a couple of promising leads. | 我们查到几条不错的线索 |
[24:17] | I’m hoping to find something concrete soon. | 我希望能尽快找到确凿的证据 |
[24:19] | Well, anything more on the victim? | 对死者的调查有更多发现吗 |
[24:20] | Anything connecting her back to City Hall? | 能把她和市政厅联系起来吗 |
[24:24] | No, not yet. | 还没有 |
[24:25] | All right, detective. | 好吧 探长 |
[24:27] | Anything pops, you let me know. | 有任何消息 及时通知我 |
[24:33] | Great. Now I’m a liar. | 真好 这下我成骗子了 |
[24:35] | You know what I think? | 知道我怎么想吗 |
[24:37] | I think she’s hoping it’s him, | 我认为她希望凶手是他 |
[24:38] | because if he’s gone, I’m gone. | 因为只要他下台走人 我也就跟着滚蛋了 |
[24:40] | Castle, you can’t make this one about you. | 卡塞尔 你不能把这当做是针对你 |
[24:44] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[24:45] | You’re right. We have to figure out Weldon’s motive. | 你说的对 我们必须知道威尔顿的动机 |
[24:47] | There’s no way that Gates is gonna let me | 没有动机 盖茨不会让我 |
[24:49] | subpoena that coat without it. | 传唤大衣做证物的 |
[24:50] | Really, that’s your takeaway? | 真的吗 你要这么做 |
[24:53] | What do you want me to do, Castle? | 你打算让我怎么办 卡塞尔 |
[24:54] | I know that he’s your friend, | 我知道他是你朋友 |
[24:55] | but I’m sorry, if he killed that girl– | 但如果他真的杀了那个姑娘 那么抱歉 |
[24:57] | – He didn’t. – Then let me prove it. | -他没有 -那就让我证实 |
[25:02] | Ryan? | 莱恩 |
[25:02] | All right. Thanks for your help. | 好的 感谢你的帮助 |
[25:04] | Anything else on that video? | 录像查出线索了吗 |
[25:05] | Actually, yeah. | 还真有 |
[25:06] | When we first saw Laura, she was wearing a volunteer badge | 我们第一次瞧见劳拉时 她戴着 |
[25:10] | for the reading train foundation. | 移动图书馆基金会的志愿者徽章 |
[25:12] | She was on staff at the mayor’s charity. | 她是市长那个慈善机构的工作人员 |
[25:14] | That doesn’t mean he knew her. | 这不能代表他认识她 |
[25:18] | Ryan, you’re with me. | 莱恩 你跟我来 |
[25:20] | Castle, I’m sorry, but you can’t be objective on this one, | 卡塞尔 抱歉 你无法客观办案 |
[25:23] | so I’m gonna have to pursue it on my own. | 这案子我得自己查了 |
[25:35] | No, uh, I don’t know if Mayor Weldon | 我不知道威尔顿市长 |
[25:37] | and Laura Cambridge were acquainted. | 是否认识劳拉·坎布里奇 |
[25:39] | I don’t know much about her at all. | 我不怎么了解她 |
[25:40] | She wasn’t here very long. | 她在这儿没干多久 |
[25:42] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[25:43] | Well, we hired Laura as a volunteer about a week ago. | 我们大约一周前雇劳拉来当志愿者 |
[25:46] | A few days later, we had to fire her. | 几天以后我们就不得不解雇了她 |
[25:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:49] | She was caught copying confidential files. | 我们发现她拷贝机密文件 |
[25:52] | – What kind of files? – Accounting files. | -什么文件 -财务数据 |
[25:54] | Any idea why she would be interested in those files? | 知道她为何对那些资料感兴趣吗 |
[26:00] | – Ms. Park? – It’s sensitive. | -帕克女士 -这是敏感话题 |
[26:02] | I’m not supposed to talk about it. | 我不该谈论此事 |
[26:04] | Ms. Park, a woman was murdered, | 帕克女士 一名女子被害了 |
[26:05] | and we are trying to figure out why. | 我们在找寻原因 |
[26:08] | You can talk to us here, | 你可以在这里和我们交代 |
[26:09] | or we can go downtown. | 也可以跟我们回局里 |
[26:16] | We’ve recently discovered some discrepancies in our accounts. | 我们最近发现财务账目有问题 |
[26:19] | – We found there was some money missing. – How much money? | -有资金遗失了 -多少资金 |
[26:21] | $2.3 million. | 两百三十万美元 |
[26:23] | There’s an internal investigation going on. | 现在正在进行内部调查 |
[26:26] | This investigation, | 这个调查 |
[26:27] | does it have anything to do with mayor weldon? | 和威尔顿市长有关系吗 |
[26:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:34] | Attorney General’s office confirms | 检察长办公室确认 |
[26:35] | that Mayor Weldon is the subject of the investigation. | 威尔顿市长是调查的嫌疑人 |
[26:38] | We were looking for motive, and here it is– | 这不就是我们在找的动机吗 |
[26:39] | $2.3 million worth. | 价值两百三十万美元 |
[26:41] | Weldon embezzled from his own charity. | 威尔顿从自己的慈善机构里私挪资金 |
[26:43] | Someone must have told Laura about it | 肯定是有人在与劳拉通话时 |
[26:45] | during one of her sessions, | 把这事告诉了她 |
[26:46] | and she decided to investigate. | 然后她决定深入调查 |
[26:47] | When she found enough evidence to expose the mayor, | 她找到了足够证据让市长翻船 |
[26:50] | he killed her to shut her up. | 所以他杀人灭口 |
[26:56] | You gonna tell her? | 你打算告诉她吗 |
[26:58] | I have to. | 必须告诉她 |
[27:00] | This will destroy Weldon, you know? | 这事会毁了威尔顿 |
[27:01] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[27:03] | And when he’s gone, the first thing she’ll do | 等他下了台 她第一件事就是 |
[27:05] | is get rid of Castle. | 让卡塞尔走人 |
[27:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[27:26] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[27:27] | Yes, sir, but the moment | 是的 长官 但一旦我 |
[27:29] | I file a warrant request for that coat, | 申请搜查证去获取他的大衣 |
[27:31] | it becomes public record. | 就会留下公共记录 |
[27:33] | So? | 那又如何 |
[27:34] | So then everyone will know | 到那时每个人都会知道 |
[27:35] | that Mayor Weldon is a person of interest. | 威尔顿市长是我们的嫌犯 |
[27:38] | Isn’t he? | 他不是吗 |
[27:39] | Yes, but… | 他是 但是… |
[27:42] | What if I’m wrong? | 如果我错了呢 |
[27:44] | It could ruin his career. | 这会毁了他的前程 |
[27:47] | We… are tasked by the city of New York to protect its people. | 纽约市委我们以重任 去保护市民 |
[27:52] | Sometimes that task comes with a cost. | 有时候要为这份责任付出代价 |
[27:56] | I know what they call me, detective– | 我知道自己的绰号是什么 探长 |
[27:58] | “Iron Gates.” | “铁娘子盖茨” |
[28:00] | I hear the whispers. | 我也会听到流言 |
[28:01] | “She’s from I.A. She must hate cops.” | “她是从内务处来的 她一定恨透了警察” |
[28:04] | Well, the truth is, | 事实是 |
[28:06] | I love cops. | 我爱警察 |
[28:09] | My daddy was a cop. | 我老爸是名警察 |
[28:11] | My uncles were cops. | 叔叔们也都是 |
[28:14] | But the sergeant who assaulted my patrol partner | 但是袭击了我做巡警时的搭档的 |
[28:17] | under the collar or authority… | 那个位高权重的警长 |
[28:19] | Who holds him accountable? | 又有谁能将他绳之以法呢 |
[28:22] | We do. | 也是我们 |
[28:26] | Go to the mayor, | 去找市长 |
[28:27] | get him to voluntarily surrender his coat | 叫他自愿把外套交出来 |
[28:30] | for fiber testing without a warrant. | 做纤维测试 省去搜查证 |
[28:31] | Tell him it’s the only way to keep it out of the media. | 告诉他这是避开媒体的唯一方式 |
[28:34] | But if he refuses, | 如果他拒绝 |
[28:37] | you get that warrant | 你去申请搜查证 |
[28:39] | and you do your job, | 尽到你的职责 |
[28:41] | whatever the cost. | 无论代价多高 |
[29:02] | You going to see Weldon? | 你要去见威尔顿吗 |
[29:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:07] | I’d like to come with you. I think I can help. | 我要跟你一起去 我觉得我能帮上忙 |
[29:09] | I don’t think you can. | 我不认为你能 |
[29:11] | Look, I heard what you said. | 你的话我都听进去了 |
[29:12] | I did. | 真的 |
[29:14] | And I think I can be a valuable asset. | 我想我会很有帮助 |
[29:17] | I play poker with the guy. I can tell when he’s bluffing. | 我跟他一起玩牌 知道他何时是虚张声势 |
[29:20] | And what about if I have to force his hand, | 那如果我要强行请他配合呢 |
[29:22] | can you be an asset then? | 你还会帮着我吗 |
[29:26] | Look, I don’t think he did it. | 我认为不是他干的 |
[29:27] | But if he did, I want to know. | 但若真是他 我想知道 |
[29:30] | That makes me objective. | 这样说来 我就是客观的 |
[29:37] | Sir, you don’t have to talk to them. It’s–it’s my job. | 你不需跟他们谈话 这是我的职责 |
[29:40] | It’s okay, Brian. I don’t need you to protect me. | 没关系 布莱恩 我不需要你来保护我 |
[29:42] | – Sir… – I haven’t done anything wrong. | -市长 -我没做任何亏心事 |
[29:45] | Please. | 就这样吧 |
[29:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:53] | Your Honor, I appreciate you speaking with us. | 市长大人 谢谢你愿与我们谈谈 |
[29:55] | Well, it sounded like I didn’t have a choice. | 似乎我也没别的选择啊 |
[29:58] | Well, the last time we spoke, | 上次谈话时 |
[29:59] | you said you that you didn’t know Laura Cambridge. | 你说你不认识劳拉·坎布里奇 |
[30:01] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[30:02] | And yet here you are standing next to Laura– | 但照片中 你就站在劳拉旁边 |
[30:05] | a volunteer at reading train. | 她是移动图书馆的志愿者 |
[30:09] | I-I didn’t recognize her, | 我之前确实没认出她 |
[30:11] | but in context, I-I remember her. | 但你这么说 我想起来了 |
[30:12] | This event was a few nights ago. | 这次活动是几天前 |
[30:14] | She was trying to talk to me, but– | 她想跟我谈谈 但… |
[30:16] | Did she talk to you? | 她跟你说过话吗 |
[30:17] | No, I got pulled away. | 没有 我被人拉走了 |
[30:18] | I had donors I had to speak with. | 我要和捐款人聊天 |
[30:19] | I remember her saying that she wanted to talk to me, | 我记得她说 她想跟我谈谈 |
[30:21] | but circumstances prevented it. | 但当时情况不允许 |
[30:23] | So you and Laura never actually spoke? | 你和劳拉并未说过话 |
[30:25] | – No. – Not even on the phone? | -没有 -在电话上也没有吗 |
[30:26] | No, honestly, after that night, | 没有 说实话 那晚过后 |
[30:28] | I never gave her a second thought. | 我再没想起过她 |
[30:31] | You know, in this photo, | 在这张照片中 |
[30:32] | you’re wearing a light brown cashmere coat. | 你穿着一件浅棕色的羊绒大衣 |
[30:36] | We’d like you to turn it over to C.S.U. for testing. | 希望你能交给鉴证组做检测 |
[30:51] | Respectfully, I’m going to have to decline. | 很抱歉 我不能交给你 |
[30:54] | – Why? – Robert… | -为什么 -罗伯特 |
[30:56] | Give her the coat. It can only be good for you. | 把大衣给她 对你只有好处 |
[30:58] | I’m afraid I can’t do that. | 我恐怕没法那么做 |
[31:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[31:01] | I had nothing to do with Laura Cambridge’s murder, | 我与劳拉·坎布里奇的谋杀案 |
[31:04] | or the theft of money from my charity, | 慈善机构的公款挪用 |
[31:06] | or anything else I’ve been accused of | 或在过去两天里 其他针对我的任何指控 |
[31:08] | in the last 48 hours. | 都没有任何关系 |
[31:09] | Do you think that any of this is a coincidence? | 你觉得这些事都是巧合吗 |
[31:11] | – Robert… – No, me here, talking to you, | -罗伯特 -不 你听我说 |
[31:13] | this is exactly what they wanted to have happen, | 这正是他们所期望发生的情况 |
[31:15] | So, no, I will not give you my coat. | 所以回答是不 我不会把大衣交给你 |
[31:18] | Look, there’s a conspiracy against me, | 肯定有一个针对我的阴谋 |
[31:19] | and I will not voluntarily feed it. | 我不会自己跳进陷阱中 |
[31:21] | What conspiracy? | 什么阴谋 |
[31:22] | Don’t you think it’s funny that all this is happening | 我刚决定参加州长竞选 |
[31:25] | the moment I consider running for governor? | 就发生这些事 你不觉得可疑吗 |
[31:27] | Rick, I’m used to having enemies. | 里克 我早已习惯与人敌对 |
[31:29] | But this is an organized effort to destroy me. | 但这是一项有计划的行动 目的是拉我下台 |
[31:32] | So right now, I don’t trust anyone. | 眼下 我不会相信任何人 |
[31:38] | Well, he has good reason to not turn over his coat. | 他不交出大衣的理由很正当 |
[31:41] | Yes, guilt. | 那是 他有罪 |
[31:42] | A conspiracy. Is it so far-fetched? | 这是个阴谋 就这么不可信吗 |
[31:45] | Maybe Laura found out about it and tried to warn him. | 也许劳拉发现了 试图警告他 |
[31:47] | Or maybe she and Weldon did talk. | 也可能她与威尔顿确实聊过 |
[31:49] | She confronted him with what she knew, | 她以自己的发现质问他 |
[31:51] | and he killed her. | 他便把她杀了 |
[31:52] | I believe the conspiracy. | 我相信阴谋论 |
[31:54] | I mean, I know Weldon. | 我了解威尔顿 |
[31:55] | And Weldon knows you. | 威尔顿也了解你 |
[31:57] | Conspiracies, intrigue– | 阴谋 诡计 |
[31:59] | That’s your bread and butter. | 这是你的精神食粮 |
[32:01] | That’s exactly the kind of story that you would respond to. | 这正是你会买账的故事 |
[32:04] | I’m sorry. Are–are you suggesting he’s playing me? | 不好意思 你是说他在耍我吗 |
[32:06] | I am suggesting that you consider the possibility. | 我是说你至少要考虑这种可能性 |
[32:10] | I have a procedure to follow. | 我要遵从程序 |
[32:11] | He didn’t provide his coat willingly, | 他不愿意主动交出大衣 |
[32:13] | so I’m gonna have to get a court order. | 所以我得去申请法院命令 |
[32:16] | Look, once word gets out that the NYPD | 纽约警局为调查贪污和谋杀 |
[32:18] | subpoenaed his clothing in connection with… | 而传讯他的衣物 |
[32:20] | embezzlement and murder, | 这消息一旦传出去 |
[32:21] | that man’s career will be over. | 他的职业生涯就完了 |
[32:23] | Not if he’s innocent. | 若他是无辜的则不会 |
[32:24] | Are you kidding me? Kate, this is politics. | 你开什么玩笑 凯特 这是政治啊 |
[32:27] | Perception is reality. | 感觉即是事实 |
[32:28] | The truth won’t matter. | 真相并不重要 |
[32:29] | What am I supposed to do, Rick? | 那我要怎么做 里克 |
[32:31] | I can’t just stop being a cop | 我不能因对他不方便 |
[32:32] | just because it’s inconvenient. | 就不尽作为警察的职责 |
[32:34] | No. No, no, no, just… you can wait. | 不是 不是 你可以等等 |
[32:37] | All right? For something else, for another lead. | 好吗 先找其他线索 |
[32:39] | For the coat to disappear? | 然后等大衣被销毁吗 |
[32:40] | You don’t think I don’t know what’s at stake here? | 你觉得我不知道这里面的利害关系吗 |
[32:42] | Do you think I actually want to do this? | 你觉得我真想这么做吗 |
[32:43] | Then don’t do it. | 那就别做 |
[32:44] | I don’t have a choice. | 我没有选择 |
[32:54] | My office is cooperating | 我的办公室 |
[32:55] | fully with both investigations. | 正全力配合这两项调查 |
[32:58] | And I stand here with 100% confidence | 站在这里 我可以充满信心的说 |
[33:00] | that a full and thorough investigation | 全面而深入的调查 |
[33:02] | will reveal that I am completely innocent of any wrongdoing. | 会证明这些指控都是不实的 |
[33:07] | You still believe him? | 你还相信他吗 |
[33:08] | I do. | 相信 |
[33:10] | You’ve been down this road before | 你以前曾在另一个朋友身上 |
[33:12] | with a friend. | 碰到同样的事 |
[33:13] | You believed Damian Westlake. | 你曾相信戴米安·韦斯莱 |
[33:14] | He’s rotting in prison for murder. | 而他正因谋杀在蹲大牢 |
[33:16] | Damian and I were kids together. | 戴米安和我是童年玩伴 |
[33:17] | Believing in him was sentiment. | 相信他是感情用事 |
[33:19] | My experience tells me, Weldon is innocent. | 我的经验告诉我 威尔顿是无辜的 |
[33:22] | My experience tells me, there’s something very wrong | 我的经验告诉我 现在这种情况有什么事 |
[33:24] | with this whole situation. | 非常的不对劲 |
[33:25] | In that case, | 这样的话 |
[33:26] | maybe it’s time to phone a friend. | 也许是时候给朋友打电话了 |
[33:39] | Right there, Mr. Castle. | 就站那儿吧 卡塞尔先生 |
[33:42] | That’ll be fine. | 站在那儿就行了 |
[33:46] | You know Weldon’s not behind this. | 你知道威尔顿并不是幕后黑手 |
[33:49] | That’s why you offered your help. | 所以你伸出了援手 |
[33:52] | He’s right about the conspiracy, isn’t he? | 关于阴谋 他说对了 不是吗 |
[33:54] | He isn’t wrong. | 他没说错 |
[33:59] | So what do I do? | 我该做什么 |
[34:00] | How do I help him? | 怎么才能帮到他 |
[34:02] | Listen to the evidence. | 仔细听听证据 |
[34:03] | That’s what Laura did. | 就像劳拉做的那样 |
[34:04] | I-I watched the video | 劳拉与市长的录像 |
[34:06] | of Laura and the mayor a hundred times. | 我看了快一百遍了 |
[34:07] | There’s nothing there. | 什么都没有 |
[34:08] | That’s not what I said, Mr. Castle. | 我不是这个意思 卡塞尔先生 |
[34:33] | I met Weldon a few times before this. | 我在这个案子以前见过威尔顿几次 |
[34:36] | I liked him. | 我喜欢他 |
[34:40] | You didn’t set his house on fire. | 点起这把烧身之火的人不是你 |
[34:42] | No. | 确实不是 |
[34:44] | I just threw gasoline on it. | 但我却火上浇油 |
[34:51] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[35:01] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你过来 |
[35:02] | I wasn’t sure that you would, given the way we left things. | 我们上次闹得那么僵 我都不确定你会来 |
[35:09] | I can’t apologize for doing my job, Castle. | 我不会为尽职尽责而道歉 卡塞尔 |
[35:12] | And I would never ask you to. | 我也绝不会如此要求 |
[35:15] | So why did you call me here? | 你叫我来有什么事 |
[35:16] | Because I had an epiphany. | 我灵光一现 |
[35:18] | All this time, we’ve been looking for evidence… | 一直以来 我们一直在”看”证据 |
[35:21] | when we should’ve been listening instead. | 而我们实际上应该去”听” |
[35:24] | This all started when Laura told Edgar Navarro | 事情开端是劳拉告诉埃德加·纳瓦罗 |
[35:26] | she heard something on a call, | 她在电话里听到一些 |
[35:27] | something she wasn’t supposed to hear. | 她不该听到的事情 |
[35:29] | We writers call this “the inciting incident.” | 我们作家把这称为”引发事件” |
[35:31] | Whoever she spoke to, whatever she heard, | 不管她在跟谁说 不管她听到什么 |
[35:34] | is what led to her murder. | 是导致她被杀的原因 |
[35:35] | Well, what does it matter? | 这有什么帮助呢 |
[35:36] | I mean, the hard drive is stolen. | 我的意思是 硬盘驱动器被偷 |
[35:38] | The recording is gone. | 聊天纪录没了 |
[35:39] | We’ll never know what she heard on that call. | 我们永远没法知道她在电话中听到了什么 |
[35:41] | No, but we might know who she heard it from. | 对 但我们有可能得知她是从谁那听到的 |
[35:44] | You remember… how Laura fell asleep | 你记得劳拉在哥谭11频道 |
[35:47] | watching those b-roll tapes at Gotham 11? | 观看那些副带时睡着了吗 |
[35:50] | She was closing her eyes. | 她只是闭上了眼 |
[35:52] | She wasn’t watching the tape, she was listening to them. | 她没在看带子 她在听声音 |
[35:54] | So you’re saying she was trying to I.D. our caller’s voice? | 所以你是说她在辨认来电者的声音 |
[35:56] | I had Sarah, our Goddess dispatcher, | 我让萨拉 女神的接线员 |
[35:58] | listen to those b-roll tapes. | 听听那些副带 |
[36:01] | It’s him. I’m sure of it. | 是他 我肯定 |
[36:02] | He was one of Laura’s regulars. | 他是劳拉的常客之一 |
[36:04] | Show her who. | 给她看看是谁 |
[36:08] | How much more time can I spend here? | 我还能在这呆多久 |
[36:09] | The mayor? | 是市长吗 |
[36:10] | Another 20 minutes, sir, then we have to | 先生 再二十分钟 之后我们得 |
[36:11] | – get back to your office for your meeting with… – That guy. | -回办公室开会 -是他 |
[36:15] | Jordan Norris– | 乔丹·诺里斯 |
[36:15] | Deputy assistant to the mayor’s chief of staff. | 市长幕僚长的副助理 |
[36:20] | Mr. Norris, you told us | 诺里斯先生 你曾告诉我们 |
[36:21] | that you didn’t know Laura Cambridge. | 你不认识劳拉·坎布里奇 |
[36:24] | That’s right. | 对 |
[36:25] | And yet your 89-year-old grandmother, | 但你89岁高龄的祖母 |
[36:28] | Greta Markenson did. | 格莱塔·马肯森却认识死者 |
[36:29] | According to the phone sex records, | 根据性爱电话记录 |
[36:31] | Laura received numerous phone calls from her. | 劳拉收到过多通你祖母的来电 |
[36:34] | Which made poor Greta look pretty frisky? | 这让可怜的格莱塔显得很是调皮 |
[36:37] | Until we realized, you’d been house-sitting at her apartment. | 直到我们得知 你一直在她家看房子 |
[36:41] | I-I may have called that service from time to time, | 我 我可能时不时会打那种服务电话 |
[36:44] | but I-I never knew who I was talking to. | 但我从来不知道对方是谁 |
[36:46] | I mean, how would I? | 我如何得知呢 |
[36:47] | We’ll get to that in a minute. | 我们待会会查的 |
[36:48] | In the meantime, we checked your phone records, | 与此同时 我们查了你的通话记录 |
[36:51] | and you sent this text to a burner cell about a month ago. | 一个月前你往一部一次性手机发了这条短信 |
[36:56] | Now to most people, | 对很多人来说 |
[36:57] | that would look like a series of random numbers. | 那看上去就是一连串随机的号码 |
[36:59] | So we looked into it. | 我们调查发现 |
[37:01] | Those are actually numbers to a bank account | 那是市长威尔顿和他慈善机构的 |
[37:03] | for mayor Weldon and his charity. | 一个银行账户信息 |
[37:06] | Numbers that someone could’ve used | 而有人能利用此账户 |
[37:09] | to make it look like the mayor was embezzling money. | 陷害市长挪用公款 |
[37:13] | The man who trusted you, | 市长信任你 |
[37:14] | and you sold him out. | 而你却出卖他 |
[37:16] | So what did they give you, Jordan? | 乔丹 他们给你开了什么条件 |
[37:18] | What’d they promise you? | 他们承诺给你什么 |
[37:21] | I-I thought this was just about the money. | 我以为这只关乎钱财 |
[37:23] | I-I didn’t know. I didn’t know they’d try to destroy him. | 我 我不知道 我不知道他们试图毁掉他 |
[37:26] | And when you found out you’d betrayed the man you work for, | 当你发现你将背叛你的上司时 |
[37:29] | it ate you up, didn’t it? | 你很备受煎熬 对吗 |
[37:31] | So much so that one night after too many shots of tequila, | 苦不堪言以致某晚在喝了很多杯龙舌酒后 |
[37:34] | you called Laura and you let it all spill out. | 你打电话给劳拉 全盘托出 |
[37:37] | Oh, you didn’t mean to, | 你不想说的 |
[37:39] | but she was such a good listener. | 但她如此善于倾听 |
[37:41] | It was anonymous. I-I was supposed to be safe. | 那是匿名电话 我以为是安全的 |
[37:43] | But you weren’t, because she was a writer, | 但你没有 因为她是个作家 |
[37:45] | and you gave her the story of her life. | 你给了她绝妙的题材 |
[37:47] | So she tracked you down. She confronted you. | 她追查你 出现在你面前 |
[37:50] | She was gonna blow the whistle on you, on your friends. | 她要揭发你和你的朋友 |
[37:54] | She had to be stopped. | 必须得阻止她 |
[37:55] | We talked to your doorman, Jordan. | 乔丹 我们跟你门卫谈过了 |
[37:57] | We know that she visited you that night. | 我们知道那晚她去找过你 |
[38:01] | Okay. She was there. | 好吧 她是去过我家 |
[38:04] | But… sh-she left after 20 minutes. | 但 她只呆了二十分钟就离开了 |
[38:06] | I… I didn’t kill her. | 我没杀她 |
[38:09] | You didn’t have to. | 你没必要 |
[38:10] | All you had to do was call that same burner phone. | 你要做的只是打给那个一次性电话 |
[38:14] | And whoever answered sent a man, | 接听者派了一名杀手 |
[38:16] | a man without a face, | 一个无名无姓的杀手 |
[38:19] | who choked the life out of Laura Cambridge. | 他扼死了劳拉·坎布里奇 |
[38:23] | And then he broke into her home and her work | 然后他闯入她家和她工作的地方 |
[38:26] | and he destroyed all of the evidence of everything she knew. | 销毁她手中所掌握的信息的所有证据 |
[38:29] | Whose phone was it, Jordan? | 乔丹 机主是谁 |
[38:33] | You don’t understand. | 你们不懂 |
[38:34] | These people… | 那些人 |
[38:36] | They’re more dangerous than you know. | 比你们所想的更加危险 |
[38:40] | You are looking at 20 years in prison. | 你将面临二十年监禁 |
[38:43] | I am offering you a way out. | 我给你指条明路 |
[38:46] | Now who did you call? | 你打电话给谁了 |
[38:48] | I want a name. | 我要知道 |
[38:50] | Who did you call? | 你打给谁了 |
[38:52] | I, uh… | 我 |
[38:53] | A name, Jordan. | 说他的名字 乔丹 |
[38:57] | Say it. | 说吧 |
[38:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:05] | The person that I called was– | 我打给 |
[39:07] | If it’s all the same to you, | 如果你们不介意的话 |
[39:08] | I prefer my client not be asked any more questions. | 我希望你们不要继续盘问我的当事人 |
[39:12] | Your client? | 你的当事人 |
[39:13] | Mr. Norris, I’m Bill Moss. | 诺里斯先生 我是比尔·莫斯 |
[39:15] | From now on, please don’t speak to anybody | 从现在开始 没我在场 |
[39:17] | outside of my presence. | 别说任何话 |
[39:18] | I’ve been retained to represent you. | 我已被聘为你的代表律师 |
[39:20] | By who? | 谁聘请的 |
[39:22] | We’re done here. | 我们到此为止 |
[39:45] | It seems our mayor will live to fight another day. | 看来我们的市长能喘口气 伺机再战了 |
[39:48] | Justice has prevailed. | 正义得到声张 |
[39:50] | Not for Laura Cambridge. | 可劳拉·坎布里奇死得不明不白 |
[39:52] | We charged Mr. Norris with criminal facilitation. | 我们会以协助犯罪起诉诺里斯 |
[39:55] | That’s something. | 已经很不错了 |
[39:56] | Jordan Norris is a pawn. | 乔丹·诺里斯只是个小兵 |
[39:59] | I want the people controlling him. | 我要的是幕后操纵者 |
[40:01] | Oh, it’s a long game, Kate. | 凯特 这是场持久战 |
[40:06] | Play it piece by piece. | 逐一击破吧 |
[40:22] | Then why would you abandon all your plans? | 你为什么还要放弃所有的计划 |
[40:24] | You’ve been cleared of all charges. | 所有控罪都撤销了 |
[40:26] | You know, for someone who kills off all his characters, | 就一个杀掉他笔下所有人物的人来说 |
[40:28] | you have a strange | 你有股奇特的 |
[40:29] | stubborn streak of optimism in you, but, no. | 固执的乐观 但是 不行啊 |
[40:32] | I can’t run for governor in two years, | 两年后我不能竞选州长 |
[40:33] | I can’t run for president in six. | 六年后也不能竞选总统 |
[40:37] | That dream… | 我的政治梦想 |
[40:38] | is done. | 破灭了 |
[40:41] | There’s gotta be something we can do. You’re innocent. | 总有些我们能补救的 你是清白的 |
[40:43] | A little too innocent. | 有点太清白了 |
[40:44] | There are people out there– I realize it now– | 现在我明白了 背后有股势力 |
[40:46] | People who control what goes on in this city and beyond. | 他们的权力遍布纽约内外 |
[40:50] | I wouldn’t play ball, so they took me out the game. | 我不跟他们同流合污 所以他们把我踢出局 |
[40:53] | It’s been decided. | 他们已经做出决定 |
[40:54] | This is as far as I get. | 我就只能走到这一步 |
[41:00] | So what are you gonna do now? | 那你现在打算怎么做 |
[41:02] | I… | 我 |
[41:04] | am going to continue being an outstanding mayor | 会继续在世上最棒的城市 |
[41:07] | for the greatest city on earth. | 做个杰出的市长 |
[41:26] | Why did you contact me, Mr. Castle? | 卡塞尔先生 你为何主动联系我 |
[41:29] | The case is resolved. | 案子已经结了 |
[41:31] | Resolved? | 结了吗 |
[41:32] | How is it resolved? | 这算哪门子的结案 |
[41:34] | Someone tried to destroy this city’s mayor, | 有人想毁掉这个城市的市长 |
[41:36] | and I want to know who. | 我想知道是谁 |
[41:38] | Trust me when I say, it’s not your concern. | 相信我说的吧 这不关你的事 |
[41:40] | It is if it involves Beckett or her mother’s murder. | 如果它牵涉到贝克特和她妈妈的被杀 就关我事 |
[41:44] | You’re a writer, finish this sentence– | 你是个作家 对个下联吧 |
[41:47] | If Weldon had been run out of office… | 如果威尔顿被赶下台 |
[41:50] | I’d be gone from the 12th Precinct. | 我就得从12分局离开 |
[41:52] | And then who’d keep Beckett from looking into things | 那谁来阻止贝克特调查 |
[41:54] | she shouldn’t? | 她不该调查的事情 |
[41:55] | Who’d keep her out of harm’s way? | 谁保护她远离伤害 |
[41:58] | So you did this to protect her? | 所以你这样做是为了保护她 |
[42:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[42:02] | You play chess, Mr. Castle? | 卡塞尔 你下国际象棋吗 |
[42:05] | There are times when a well-placed pawn | 有时 摆放得当的卒子 |
[42:07] | is more powerful than a king. | 比国王的力量更强大 |
[42:15] | I have your number if I need to reach you. | 有需要我会联系你的 |
[42:17] | You don’t reach me, Mr. Castle. | 别找我 卡塞尔先生 |
[42:19] | I reach you. | 我会找你 |