时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:28] | Yes! | 棒极了 |
[00:29] | What are you so excited about? | 你激动什么 |
[00:31] | It’s the latest issue of “Skymall.” | 最新一期的《天购》 |
[00:33] | Oh–sweet. | 好极了 |
[00:34] | Oh, really, darling, | 不是吧 亲爱的 |
[00:35] | Who subscribes to “Skymall”? | 谁会订阅《天购》呢 |
[00:37] | Isn’t perusing all that dreck on the plane enough? | 在飞机上看这些垃圾还不够吗 |
[00:39] | Dreck? Mother, I will have you know, | 垃圾 妈妈 我要让你知道 |
[00:41] | this is the gateway | 这是通向 |
[00:42] | to the hottest new inventions in the world. | 世界上最炙手可热的新发明的大门 |
[00:44] | Where else can you find a remote control | 去哪能找到个遥控器 |
[00:45] | that has a bottle… opener? | 上面装个开瓶器 |
[00:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:50] | I think it’s Alexis’ decision letter from Stanford University. | 我想这是斯坦福大学寄给阿丽克西斯的决定函 |
[00:54] | Oh, kiddo. | 哦 孩子 |
[00:55] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[00:56] | Yeah, it just makes it so real. | 没事 只是它让一切都真实起来 |
[00:59] | She grew up so fast. | 她长得太快了 |
[01:00] | Well, what do you expect, | 你还指望什么呢 |
[01:02] | her to live here forever? | 她永远都住在这里吗 |
[01:03] | Well, her? Yes. You… | 她嘛 当然 你呢 |
[01:06] | Mm. Watch it. | 说话当心 |
[01:08] | Is that the mail? | 是决定函吗 |
[01:09] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[01:10] | You have one here from a Mr. Stanford. | 你收到一封寄自”斯坦福”先生的 |
[01:12] | Is that anyone you know? | 你认识他吗 |
[01:22] | Well… | 怎么样 |
[01:22] | Darling? | 宝贝儿 |
[01:26] | I-I didn’t get in. | 我没被录取 |
[01:27] | What? | 什么 |
[01:28] | Oh, sweetie. I’m so sorry. | 哦 宝贝儿 太遗憾了 |
[01:30] | But I picked all my classes. | 但我都选课了 |
[01:32] | I bought T-shirts. | 我买了T恤衫 |
[01:35] | I-I had it all planned. | 我都计划好了 |
[01:39] | How could Stanford think she’s not worthy? | 斯坦福大学怎么能认为她不够格呢 |
[01:40] | She’s perfect. | 她完美极了 |
[01:41] | Last week you didn’t want her to go. | 上周你还不愿意让她走呢 |
[01:43] | Yeah, but I didn’t not want her to get in. | 是的 但是我不想让她不被录取 |
[01:45] | I was sure she would get in. | 我确信她会被录取的 |
[01:47] | You got in. | 你都被录取了 |
[01:48] | Well, I wouldn’t now. | 我现在可进不去 |
[01:50] | Anyway, put your bruised ego aside. | 无论如何 先不管你受伤的自尊心 |
[01:52] | I’m sure she’s crushed. | 我认为她一定很伤心 |
[01:53] | Well, actually, right now she’s in denial. | 实际上 她还在拒绝接受现实 |
[01:55] | When I left, she was on the phone with admissions, | 我走的时候 她在给招生人员打电话 |
[01:57] | explaining to them, they’d made a mistake. | 跟他们说是他们犯了个错误 |
[02:03] | Where’s the body? | 尸体在哪里 |
[02:04] | That is an excellent question. | 问得太好了 |
[02:07] | You mean there’s no body? | 你是说没有尸体 |
[02:08] | Nope. Just lots of blood. | 没有 只有大量血迹 |
[02:10] | Whosever it is, | 无论是谁 |
[02:11] | there’s no way they survived. | 都活不成 |
[02:14] | So where’d they go? | 尸体究竟哪去了 |
[02:15] | You’re the one with all the crazy theories, Castle. | 你才是那个满腹不靠谱理论的人 卡塞尔 |
[02:17] | Walking dead. | 行尸走肉 |
[02:18] | But there are indications that the body was moved. | 但种种迹象表明 尸体被移动过 |
[02:22] | I think I know who moved it. | 我想我知道是谁移动的 |
[02:24] | I got witnesses that said they saw an unmarked white van | 目击者说看到一辆无显著特征的白色货车 |
[02:26] | fleeing the scene just after 7:00 a.m. | 在早上七点逃离现场 |
[02:28] | They get an eye on who was behind the wheel? | 他们看见驾驶员了吗 |
[02:30] | No, but we got unis canvassing for eyewitnesses | 没有 但已经让巡警去找目击者 |
[02:32] | and checking every street-level security camera | 并查看五个街区内的 |
[02:34] | in a 5-block radius. | 街道监控录像 |
[02:35] | Tire tracks. | 胎痕 |
[02:37] | Okay, get a cast of the tire tread. | 好 提取胎痕 |
[02:38] | C.S.U. might be able to get make and model. | 鉴证组或许能查到制造商和型号 |
[02:43] | There’s two different-size footprints. | 这里有两组大小不同的鞋印 |
[02:44] | There was at least two of ’em. | 至少有两个人 |
[02:46] | Yeah, but there’s no tread on the footprints. | 但是鞋印上没有花纹 |
[02:48] | Must have been wearing booties. | 他们穿的一定是靴子 |
[02:51] | Missing body, | 失踪的尸体 |
[02:52] | killers who literally cover their tracks, | 掩盖踪迹的杀人犯 |
[02:54] | anyone else getting a quick-strike assassin squad vibe? | 有人感到突击刺客组织的气场了吗 |
[02:57] | Come on, Castle. | 得了吧 卡塞尔 |
[02:57] | You’re not saying this is some kind of black-ops job? | 你不是说这是个秘密暗杀行动吧 |
[02:59] | I’m not saying it. The evidence is saying it. | 不是我说的 是证据表明的 |
[03:02] | I’m betting this guy’s buried at sea by now. | 我猜这位老兄现在都葬身海底了 |
[03:04] | Lanie, there’s an imprint in the blood. | 蕾妮 血迹中有个痕迹 |
[03:06] | Yeah, it looks like a box or a case. | 对 看起来像盒子或是箱子 |
[03:08] | Might have been our victim’s. | 可能是属于死者的 |
[03:09] | Nuclear launch codes probably. | 可能装着原子弹发射码 |
[03:11] | Hey, Ryan, there’s a pattern. | 莱恩 这里有个图案 |
[03:12] | Let’s see if C.S.U. can I.D. it. | 看看鉴证组能不能识别出来 |
[03:16] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗 |
[03:17] | Oh, no. Sorry. | 没有 对不住了 |
[03:18] | It’s just that word, “pattern”. | 只是听到了这个词”图案” |
[03:20] | Jenny and I, we’re still registering for the wedding. | 我和珍妮还在筹备婚礼 |
[03:22] | China, silverware, stemware– | 瓷器 银器 高脚器 |
[03:24] | sheets, not to mention… | 床单 更别提 |
[03:28] | C.S.U., imprint, got it. | 鉴证组 痕迹 了解 |
[03:31] | I’m pretty sure I got a cause of death. | 我确定我查到了死因 |
[03:32] | You mean besides massive blood loss? | 你是说除了大量失血 |
[03:34] | Gunshots. | 枪击 |
[03:35] | Neighbors heard a pair go off at 6:40 this morning. | 邻居在今早6点40听到两声枪响 |
[03:37] | 6:40? Are you sure? | 你确定是6点40吗 |
[03:38] | Uh, positive. Why? | 百分之百确定 怎么了 |
[03:40] | Because Ryan’s witnesses saw a van | 因为莱恩的目击者看见一辆货车 |
[03:41] | racing outta here at 7:00. | 在七点的时候驶离这里 |
[03:43] | Who would kill someone, wait for them to bleed out, | 谁会杀了人还要等他们流血而亡 |
[03:45] | and then take their body? | 再拿走他们的尸体 |
[03:46] | I guess that rules out quick-strike assassin squad. | 我想这就排除了突击刺客组织的可能 |
[03:50] | An imprint in the blood is your best lead? | 血迹中的痕迹就是你的最佳线索了 |
[03:52] | Well, based on stitching, C.S.U. determined | 根据针脚 鉴证组确定 |
[03:54] | that the briefcase is an Underwood, | 手提箱是安德伍德牌的 |
[03:55] | which is pricey, and only two local shops sell them. | 价格高昂 本市只有两个商店有售 |
[03:58] | They’re giving us customer information. | 他们把顾客的信息给我们了 |
[04:00] | Sounds like a long shot at best. | 听起来机会渺茫 |
[04:01] | We’re waiting on tire tread analysis, | 我们在等待胎痕分析 |
[04:03] | and Detective Ryan is overseeing the review | 莱恩警探正在核查 |
[04:05] | of over 50 security cameras looking for that van. | 五十多个监控摄像头的录像寻找那辆货车 |
[04:08] | What about the victim? Any closer to an I.D.? | 那死者呢 查到他身份了吗 |
[04:11] | Based on blood, | 从血液上看 |
[04:11] | Dr. Parish determined that our victim is a male. | 帕里什医生判定被害人为男性 |
[04:13] | So we’re looking for missing persons reports | 所以我们正在查找那个区域男性 |
[04:15] | of men in that area. | 失踪人口报告 |
[04:16] | Men? You’ve narrowed the victim pool down to men? | 男性 你把死者范围缩小到男性了 |
[04:21] | Uh, well, in New York City, | 在纽约 |
[04:23] | that actually eliminates over four million women, so… | 这就排除了超过四百万名女性 所以 |
[04:28] | Mr. Castle, I don’t know | 卡塞尔先生 我真不知道 |
[04:29] | what the mayor sees in you, | 市长究竟看上了你什么了 |
[04:30] | but I know how you’re alike. | 但我知道你俩在某方面挺像的 |
[04:32] | He’s term-limited. | 那就是任期有限 |
[04:36] | Maybe if I sent her flowers– | 或许要是我送她花 |
[04:37] | No. No. | 别 别想 |
[04:41] | So an investigation without a body… | 在没有尸体的情况下进行调查 |
[04:43] | That’s kinda new, right? | 这是前所未见吧 |
[04:45] | You know, there have been murder investigations | 以往的谋杀案调查中 |
[04:48] | where authorities haven’t found the body. | 也有警方没找到尸体的先例 |
[04:50] | Yeah, but in those cases, | 是啊 但是在那些案子中 |
[04:52] | they still know who the victim is. | 他们总还知道死者是谁 |
[04:55] | Father of four disappears on fishing trip, | 四个孩子的父亲在垂钓途中失踪 |
[04:57] | blood found in family garage. | 在家中的车库发现了血迹 |
[05:00] | Where do you start when you don’t know who the victim is? | 连死者是谁都不知道你又打算从何查起呢 |
[05:02] | You… | 你 |
[05:05] | You–you–you know, you could… | 你 你 你知道 你可以 |
[05:09] | We really need to find the body, don’t we? | 我们必须要找到尸体 对不 |
[05:10] | Yeah. Pretty much. | 对 差不多是这样 |
[05:12] | I may be able to help. | 我或许能帮上忙 |
[05:13] | Security cam footage near the alley | 小巷附近的监控摄像头 |
[05:15] | clocked three vans that matched our witnesses’ description, | 记录了三辆符合目击者描述的货车 |
[05:17] | two Astros and an Econoline. | 两辆雪弗兰星旅和一辆福特伊克莱 |
[05:19] | It’s the Econoline. | 是那辆福特伊克莱 |
[05:20] | Tire tread analysis just came back. | 胎痕分析结果出来了 |
[05:22] | You get plates? | 找到车牌号了吗 |
[05:23] | Yeah, the Econoline is registered to a P.W. Storage. | 是的 伊克莱注册在PW仓储名下 |
[05:26] | It’s only six blocks from our crime scene. | 离犯罪现场只隔六个街区 |
[05:27] | All right. Let’s go. | 好吧 出发 |
[05:33] | Plates match. | 车牌号相匹配 |
[05:47] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[05:52] | Door. | 门在那里 |
[06:07] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[06:16] | What the hell? | 这是怎么回事 |
[06:26] | What’s in these things? | 这里面是什么 |
[06:28] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[06:31] | Judging from the size of ’em, | 从它们的大小判断 |
[06:34] | you’d almost expect there’d be… | 真让人觉得是… |
[06:35] | people! Jeez. | 人 天呐 |
[06:37] | They’re people. | 是人 |
[06:38] | They’re people. | 是人 |
[06:43] | They look frozen. | 他们被冻起来了 |
[06:50] | What the hell is this place? | 这里到底是什么地方 |
[07:02] | Who are they all? | 他们都是谁 |
[07:03] | Does anyone else have the sudden urge | 你们有没有一种想跑到大街上 |
[07:05] | to run through the streets, screaming “They’re here”? | 大喊”他们在这里”的冲动 |
[07:07] | Yeah, this is detective Beckett. | 我是贝克特探长 |
[07:08] | – I need every C.S.U. tech… – Movement. | -我要每个鉴证组的… -有动静 |
[07:10] | Movement, 10:00. | 十点钟方向有动静 |
[07:17] | NYPD! Show us your hands! | 纽约警局 举起你们的手 |
[07:19] | Don’t shoot! Don’t shoot! | 不要开枪 不要开枪 |
[07:20] | Now! Now! | 马上 马上 |
[07:22] | Turn around. | 转过身去 |
[07:24] | We’re just doing our job. | 我们只是在做本职工作 |
[07:25] | Killing and freezing people is your job? | 你们的工作是杀了人然后把他们冻起来 |
[07:27] | No. He was already dead when we arrived to pick him up. | 不 我们到的时候他已经死了 |
[07:30] | We work for Passageway, a cryonics company. | 我们为帕威工作 一个人体冷冻公司 |
[07:32] | – Cryonics. – Turn around. | -人体冷冻 -转过来 |
[07:34] | That explains the roomful of human popsicles. | 这就能解释那一屋子的人体冰棒了 |
[07:36] | They all have contracts with us. | 他们都和我们签了合约 |
[07:37] | We cryopreserve them. | 我们把他们冷冻起来 |
[07:39] | To be brought back to life in a science-fiction future | 然后在能够治愈死亡的科幻未来 |
[07:42] | where death has a cure. | 再让他们起死回生 |
[07:43] | Think they can put me under till the wedding? | 他们能把我冻到婚礼那天吗 |
[07:44] | How did you know he was dead before we did? | 你们怎么会在我们之前就知道他已经死了 |
[07:46] | He was wearing a bio-watch | 他戴着一个配有脉搏监视器 |
[07:47] | with a pulse monitor and GPS. | 和定位系统的生物手表 |
[07:50] | We’re notified immediately when a client’s pulse stops. | 客户的脉搏停止时我们会马上接到通知 |
[07:52] | We were there in 15 minutes. | 我们15分钟后到达了他的所在地 |
[07:54] | That explains the timeline problem. | 这可以解释时间上的问题 |
[07:55] | Even if that’s true, what were you thinking, | 就算这是真的 你们怎么想的 |
[07:58] | moving a shooting victim? | 居然移动一名枪击案的死者 |
[08:00] | Why didn’t you call 9-1-1? | 你们为什么不报警 |
[08:01] | We couldn’t wait. | 我们不能浪费时间 |
[08:02] | In cryonics, every minute counts. | 对于人体冷冻 一分一秒都是宝贵的 |
[08:04] | We had to get him frozen as quickly as possible | 我们必须尽快将他冷冻起来 |
[08:06] | to keep his brain alive. | 以确保他的大脑能够存活 |
[08:07] | His brain isn’t alive. | 他的大脑没有存活 |
[08:08] | It’s dead. He’s dead. | 他的大脑已经死亡了 他已经死亡了 |
[08:10] | That’s a matter of opinion. | 这就是个见仁见智的问题了 |
[08:12] | Dr. Ari Weiss, | 我是阿里·维斯博士 |
[08:13] | C.E.O. of Passageway. | 帕威公司的首席执行官 |
[08:14] | This is my attorney, Johnny Rosen. | 这是我的律师强尼·罗森 |
[08:16] | I imagine you have many questions. | 我猜想你们应该有很多问题 |
[08:18] | Yeah, starting with who’s the murder victim | 是的 首先你们从我的犯罪现场 |
[08:20] | you took from my crime scene? | 带走的死者是谁 |
[08:22] | His name is Lester Hamilton– | 他名叫莱斯特·哈密顿 |
[08:24] | a biology professor at Hudson University. | 哈德逊大学的生物学教授 |
[08:26] | – Can you call it in? – I’m on it. | -你去核查一下 -这就查 |
[08:28] | He also happens to be | 他碰巧也是我在 |
[08:28] | an old friend from Harvard Medical School. | 哈佛医学院时的一位老朋友 |
[08:31] | It’s ironic he died so young. | 他的英年早逝真是讽刺 |
[08:33] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[08:34] | He conducted cutting-edge research developing | 他生前在延长寿命技术领域 |
[08:36] | life-extension techniques. | 做前沿研究 |
[08:38] | Not that it did him any good. | 看来研究的不怎么成功 |
[08:43] | So he worked with you? | 这么说他和你一起工作 |
[08:44] | No. | 不是 |
[08:45] | Lester focused on how to extend life before death. | 莱斯特专注于怎样在死前延长寿命 |
[08:49] | I created Passageway in order to preserve the hope | 我创建帕威是为了人们死后 |
[08:51] | of future life, after death. | 在未来能有重生的希望 |
[08:53] | You got any celebrities in here? | 你这里有什么名人吗 |
[08:55] | Ted Williams? | 泰德·威廉斯[美国著名棒球运动员] |
[08:57] | Jack Frost? | 杰克·福斯特[神威漫画著名超级英雄] |
[08:58] | We don’t discuss our clients. | 我们不能讨论我们的客户 |
[09:00] | Well, you’re gonna have to discuss this one. | 但你必须得讨论这一个 |
[09:02] | Lester Hamilton was murdered, | 莱斯特·哈密顿是被谋杀的 |
[09:03] | and my M.E. will be taking custody of his body | 我的法医到了之后 |
[09:06] | as soon as she gets here. | 会带走他的尸体 |
[09:08] | Detective, our client– Professor Hamilton– | 探长 哈密顿教授是我们的客户 |
[09:11] | has an iron-clad agreement with Passageway | 在他死后将他的遗体冷冻起来 |
[09:13] | to have his body cryopreserved upon his death. | 是他和帕威之间不可动摇的协议 |
[09:15] | Short of a court order, he’s not going anywhere. | 没有法院令 他哪也不能去 |
[09:17] | And any attempt to take him would constitute | 而且任何带走他的企图都将 |
[09:19] | tortious interference, | 被视为侵权行为 |
[09:20] | and we would sue you and the NYPD into oblivion. | 我们会将你和纽约警局告得一穷二白 |
[09:28] | Okay. Got it. | 好的 知道了 |
[09:30] | D.A. won’t back us up on this one. | 检察官在这件案子上帮不了我们 |
[09:32] | They say that the case law is murky. | 他们说这方面的判例法很含糊 |
[09:33] | I’ll say it’s murky. | 肯定含糊 |
[09:34] | A life-extension researcher is killed, | 一名研究寿命延长技术的学者被害 |
[09:36] | then a shadowy cryonics company | 然后一个可疑的人体冷冻公司 |
[09:38] | absconds with the body? | 偷走了他的尸体 |
[09:39] | This has all the hallmarks of a vast | 一切的证据都说明这里有 |
[09:41] | and insidious conspiracy. | 一个巨大而不可告人的阴谋 |
[09:44] | I’m still trying to figure out how to explain it to Gates. | 我还在考虑该怎样向盖茨解释 |
[09:48] | They steal our victim and then threaten to sue us? | 他们偷了我们的被害人还威胁要告我们 |
[09:51] | Sir, it’s a legal chicken-and-egg problem. | 长官 这是一个法律上的鸡和蛋的问题 |
[09:53] | Since Hamilton’s body is on private property, | 因为哈密顿的尸体在私人领地内 |
[09:56] | we can’t get it without a warrant, | 没有搜查令我们拿不到尸体 |
[09:57] | but it’s gonna be tough to get a warrant, | 但是要拿到搜查令也不容易 |
[09:59] | because without the body, | 因为没有尸体 |
[10:00] | we can’t even prove he was murdered. | 我们甚至无法证明他是被谋杀的 |
[10:02] | You get that doublespeak from their counsel? | 这些故弄玄虚的话是他们的律师告诉你的 |
[10:04] | No, sir. My mother was a lawyer. | 不 长官 我母亲是一名律师 |
[10:06] | Anyway, trust me | 不管怎么样 相信我 |
[10:07] | this is the argument that they will make. | 他们肯定会这么辩解的 |
[10:08] | Okay. Then where are we? | 那好 我们现在知道些什么 |
[10:10] | Well, the cryonics technician said that | 人体冷冻公司技术人员说 |
[10:11] | Hamilton was shot twice in the chest. | 哈密顿胸前中了两枪 |
[10:14] | They turned over his clothes, | 他们把死者的衣服给了我们 |
[10:15] | and based on the holes in the shirt, | 根据衬衫上的洞 |
[10:17] | it looks like it was a large-caliber bullet. | 看上去是大口径子弹所致 |
[10:19] | There’s still money in his wallet, | 他钱包里还有钱 |
[10:20] | suggesting it wasn’t a random mugging. | 说明不是普通的抢劫 |
[10:22] | Well, what about the briefcase? | 那个公文包呢 |
[10:23] | Technician said that there wasn’t a briefcase at the scene. | 技术人员说现场没有公文包 |
[10:26] | I called up Hamilton’s wife. | 我给哈密顿的妻子打了电话 |
[10:27] | She was adamant that he left the apartment this morning | 她十分肯定今早他出门前 |
[10:30] | with a briefcase in hand. | 手上拿了个公文包 |
[10:31] | She’s on her way in right now with a– a Dr. Philip Boyd. | 她和菲利普·博伊德博士正在赶来 |
[10:34] | He’s a colleague of Mr. Hamilton’s. | 他是哈密顿先生的同事 |
[10:38] | Yes. | 什么事 |
[10:39] | Hamilton’s office at Hudson University | 哈密顿在哈德逊大学的办公室 |
[10:40] | was broken into three days ago | 三天之前被人闯入 |
[10:42] | and his computer was smashed. | 他的电脑被砸的稀巴烂 |
[10:43] | Security never found out who did it. | 保安说没有查出是谁干的 |
[10:44] | Check into it. | 去调查一下 |
[10:45] | See if you can find something campus cops missed. | 看看能不能发现校园保安遗漏的地方 |
[10:47] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[10:48] | Sounds like something in that office or briefcase | 看上去那个办公室或是公文包里有什么 |
[10:50] | was worth killing for. | 值得下杀手的东西 |
[10:51] | Then find out what, detective. | 那就查明是什么 探长 |
[10:52] | And get the wife to release his body. | 还有 让他妻子同意移交他的遗体 |
[10:54] | Yes, sir. | 是的 长官 |
[10:56] | I can’t do it. | 我不能那么做 |
[10:58] | I have to honor Lester’s wishes. | 我必须尊重莱斯特的遗愿 |
[11:00] | Mrs. Hamilton, you do understand | 哈密顿太太 你明不明白 |
[11:01] | that without your husband’s body, | 没有你丈夫的遗体 |
[11:03] | we might not be able to solve his murder? | 我们可能无法解决他的谋杀案 |
[11:05] | If preservation is discontinued, | 如果冷冻被中断 |
[11:07] | he’s gonna be gone forever. | 他就永远的走了 |
[11:09] | With all due respect, he already is gone forever. | 恕我直言 他已经离开人世了 |
[11:12] | Lester would dispute that. | 莱斯特不是这么认为的 |
[11:14] | He and I have been colleagues at Hudson for 20 years now. | 我们在哈德逊大学做了20多年的同事 |
[11:16] | And, uh, he’s a true believer. | 他真的很相信这些 |
[11:19] | For him, the keys to life extension, | 对他来说 延长寿命 |
[11:21] | to reversing death itself, were within reach, | 和起死回生的关键 是可以找到的 |
[11:24] | so he would never give up his chance at revival. | 所以他绝对不会放弃重生的机会 |
[11:27] | Do you know why he chose to focus on life extension? | 你知道他为什么选择研究延长寿命吗 |
[11:31] | We fell madly in love with each other. | 我们疯狂地爱着对方 |
[11:33] | He told me that one lifetime together wasn’t enough. | 他对我说一辈子在一起还不够 |
[11:36] | He wanted more. | 他想要更多的时间 |
[11:39] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[11:43] | Mrs. Hamilton, we think that whoever killed your husband | 哈密顿太太 我们认为杀死你丈夫的人 |
[11:46] | might have stolen his briefcase. | 很可能偷走了他的公文包 |
[11:48] | Do you know what was in it? | 你知道里面是什么吗 |
[11:49] | His research for the Ambrosia Project. | 是仙果项目的研究资料 |
[11:52] | He always had it with him. | 他总是随身带着 |
[11:53] | Ambrosia as in | 仙果是指 |
[11:54] | the food Greek gods ate to achieve immortality? | 希腊神话中众神为获得永生而吃的食物吗 |
[11:57] | And what was the Ambrosia Project exactly? | 这个项目具体是什么 |
[12:00] | Philip, how would you explain it? | 菲利普 你能解释下吗 |
[12:02] | Well, it’s a little outside my wheelhouse, | 好吧 虽然这并非我的研究领域 |
[12:03] | but Lester was developing | 莱斯特正在开发 |
[12:05] | pharmaceutical implants that cause the body | 一种药物植入剂 可以让身体 |
[12:08] | to produce young cells instead of aging ones. | 产生鲜活的 而非衰老的细胞 |
[12:12] | He expected it to extend | 如果成功 |
[12:13] | the human lifespan by ten years. | 可将人类的寿命延长十年 |
[12:15] | A treatment like that would be worth a fortune to big pharma. | 这样的疗法能给大医药公司带来滚滚财源 |
[12:18] | Billions. | 几十亿 |
[12:19] | Though most of the money would have gone to Beau Randolph. | 不过大部分利润本会流进博阿·兰道夫的腰包 |
[12:21] | Beau Randolph? | 博阿·兰道夫 |
[12:23] | The guy behind “College Girls Gone Crazy”? | 那个《疯狂女大学生》的制作人吗 |
[12:27] | How is… | 怎么会… |
[12:29] | How is a porn mogul connected to all this? | 怎么会和一个色情片大亨扯上关系 |
[12:31] | ‘Cause researchers take our funding where we can get it. | 因为我们不过问研发资金的来源 |
[12:34] | Randolph made a killing in porn, | 兰道夫靠色情片大发横财 |
[12:36] | and now he fancies himself a venture capitalist. | 现在他又自诩风险投资家 |
[12:39] | He is funding Lester’s research, you know? | 莱斯特的研究由他出资支持 |
[12:41] | He was. Lester cut all ties with him. | 现在不是了 莱斯特已和他一刀两断 |
[12:44] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[12:45] | Lester wanted to take an open-source approach– | 莱斯特想用开源的研究方式 |
[12:48] | publish his research online, | 在网上公开他的成果 |
[12:49] | and then develop it with his peers to speed up the process. | 与才智相当的人共同开发 加速进程 |
[12:52] | And that way, no one could hold a patent on the results. | 那样的话 没人能持有最终成果的专利权 |
[12:55] | And how did Randolph feel about that? | 兰道夫对此有何反应 |
[12:56] | Oh, they had awful fights about it, | 他们为此争吵得很凶 |
[12:58] | but Lester was adamant. | 但莱斯特立场坚定 |
[13:01] | In fact, he was supposed to upload the data today. | 事实上 他原定在今天将数据上传 |
[13:03] | When did your husband | 你丈夫和 |
[13:04] | and Mr. Randolph have their falling out? | 兰道夫先生什么时闹翻的 |
[13:07] | Three days ago. | 三天前 |
[13:08] | Three days ago–that’s when his office was broken in to. | 三天前 正好是有人闯入他办公室的那天 |
[13:12] | Beau Randolph is distasteful, of course, but… | 博阿·兰道夫确实令人不齿 但… |
[13:15] | Do you really think… | 你们真的认为… |
[13:16] | I think that losing billions of dollars | 我认为损失数十亿美元 |
[13:18] | is motive for murder. | 绝对是杀人动机 |
[13:22] | So not only is Beau Randolph, the proud owner | 博阿·兰道夫不仅有一把 |
[13:25] | of a Smith & Wesson .45 automatic… | 史密斯&威尔森45口径自动手枪 |
[13:27] | Which is a large enough caliber | 这个口径很大 |
[13:28] | to have created that entry wound in our victim. | 足以造成死者身上的射入伤口 |
[13:30] | He also has a carry permit. | 他还有持枪许可 |
[13:33] | Wh–I couldn’t even get a carry permit. | 什么 我都拿不到持枪许可 |
[13:35] | – How did he get one? – The hard way. | -他怎么弄到的 -不容易啊 |
[13:37] | Several guys saw their girlfriends in his videos | 不少人看到自己的女友出现在他的电影里 |
[13:39] | and beat the hell out of him. | 就把他打得满地找牙 |
[13:40] | No longer jealous. | 不嫉妒了 |
[13:41] | The gun still doesn’t tie him to our murder. | 但枪不足以把他跟凶案连在一起 |
[13:43] | Yeah, but this might. | 确实 不过有其他线索 |
[13:44] | A charge on our vic’s credit card. | 死者的信用卡有一笔开销 |
[13:46] | 6:30 this morning, he bought breakfast at Medusa Diner. | 今早六点半 他在美杜莎餐馆吃的早饭 |
[13:50] | I talked to the waitress. Guess who was with him. | 我跟服务员谈了谈 你猜谁跟他在一起 |
[13:51] | Beau Randolph. | 博阿·兰道夫 |
[13:52] | And there was a whole lot of yelling going on. | 两人吵得不可开交 |
[13:54] | 6:30, that’s 10 minutes before Hamilton was shot. | 六点半 十分钟后哈密顿被枪杀 |
[13:56] | Come on, Castle. | 我们走 卡塞尔 |
[14:07] | The Ambrosia Project– | 仙果项目 |
[14:09] | It sounds like a Robert Ludlum novel | 听着像罗伯特·陆德伦的小说 |
[14:10] | where the millionaire playboy | 家财万贯的花花公子 |
[14:12] | kills a researcher to get his hands | 为了拿到永生的秘法 |
[14:13] | on the secret formula for eternal life. | 而杀了一名科学家 |
[14:15] | Yeah, well, ten years is not eternal life. | 十年可不算是永生 |
[14:17] | Would you do it? Would you get the implants? | 你会做吗 会接受植入手术吗 |
[14:19] | I don’t think I need ’em. | 姐的身材还要植什么吗 |
[14:21] | I mean the… | 我是说… |
[14:22] | Pharmaceutical implants. | 药物植入 |
[14:23] | So I could live to 100 instead of 90? | 让我活到一百岁 而不是九十 |
[14:25] | No, I think I will pass. | 不了 我还是算了 |
[14:26] | What if you could stay the same way you are now | 如果能让你在接下来的十年里 |
[14:28] | for the next ten years? | 保持现在的样貌呢 |
[14:29] | I don’t want to stay the same. | 我不想样貌一成不变 |
[14:31] | How could you not want ten extra years? | 你怎么会不想多活十年呢 |
[14:33] | Well, one thing I’ve learned is that | 我学到的一个道理就是 |
[14:35] | you never know how much time you have. | 你永远不知道你还能活多久 |
[14:36] | And if I thought I had more, | 如果我知道能活更久 |
[14:38] | I just might end up wasting it. | 说不定就会浪费掉 |
[14:40] | Yeah, you’re gonna need to get those implants, | 你绝对需要药物植入 |
[14:42] | otherwise, you’ll get older | 不然的话 你在慢慢变老 |
[14:43] | and ten years from now, I’ll still be exactly the same. | 而十年后 我还是老样子 |
[14:46] | Isn’t that how you’ll be anyway? | 你本来不就长不大吗 |
[14:48] | Detective Beckett. | 贝克特探长 |
[14:49] | Mr. Randolph will be right out. | 兰道夫先生一会就到 |
[14:50] | Great. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[14:51] | Everyone here for “Sorority Pillow Fight #7,” come on back. | 参加《女生联谊会枕头大战7》的各位到后面来 |
[14:56] | Someone needs to get these girls | 这些女孩 |
[14:58] | clothes made of actual fabric. | 真该穿点遮体的衣服了 |
[15:00] | When did you become so judgmental | 你从何时起 对这些几乎 |
[15:01] | about practically naked women? | 一丝不挂的女人 会冷言讽刺了 |
[15:03] | Since my daughter hit college age. | 自从我女儿到了上大学的年纪 |
[15:06] | And there he is– | 他来了 |
[15:08] | Defiler of coeds. | 纯洁校园亵渎者 |
[15:11] | Detective Beckett. | 贝克特探长 |
[15:12] | Beau Randolph. | 我是博阿·兰道夫 |
[15:15] | Are you sure you’re not here to audition | 你确定你不是来参加 |
[15:16] | for my “Post-docs Play Doctor” series? | 《”博士后”扮医生》系列试镜的吗 |
[15:19] | No. | 不是 |
[15:20] | Then what can I do for you? | 有什么我能做的吗 |
[15:21] | You can answer a few questions about Lester Hamilton. | 有些关于莱斯特·哈密顿的问题要问你 |
[15:25] | Like why did you kill him? | 比如你为何杀了他 |
[15:31] | Yeah, I was with Professor Hamilton | 是的 今早在那家餐馆 |
[15:33] | at the diner this morning. | 我和哈密顿教授在一起 |
[15:35] | The only crime was how bad the food was. | 那里难以下咽的早饭才叫犯罪 |
[15:37] | Witnesses say that you fought. | 有证人说你们大吵一架 |
[15:39] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[15:40] | I’d sunk millions into his research, | 我向他的研究投了几百万 |
[15:41] | and suddenly, he wants to give it all away? | 突然之间 他却要免费公开一切 |
[15:43] | If there’s one thing Internet porn has taught me, | 如果说网络色情片事业教会了我什么 |
[15:46] | you don’t get rich by giving it away. | 那就是免费可赚不到钱 |
[15:47] | Is that why you killed him, | 所以你就杀了他吗 |
[15:49] | so you could secure Ambrosia | 好赶在他上传资料前 |
[15:50] | before he uploaded it for everyone to see? | 保证仙果研究不会泄露 |
[15:52] | That’s why I walked home and called my lawyer | 所以我回家后 给我的律师打电话 |
[15:53] | to issue an injunction. | 签发一张禁令 |
[15:55] | The doorman said you came home at 7:10. | 门卫说你7点10分回到家 |
[15:57] | Sounds right. | 没错 |
[15:57] | Lester Hamilton was killed at 6:40. | 莱斯特·哈密顿在6点40分被杀 |
[16:00] | That’s plenty of time for you to put two in his chest | 你在回家前 有足够的时间 |
[16:02] | before walking home. | 给他两枪 |
[16:03] | I didn’t kill him, but I know who did. | 我没有杀他 但我知道是谁干的 |
[16:06] | Do you really? | 真的吗 |
[16:08] | Would you care to share? | 介意透露一下吗 |
[16:09] | Look, last month, the N.I.H. rejected | 上个月 国立卫生研究院驳回了 |
[16:12] | him for human testing. | 他的人体试验申请 |
[16:14] | Now I told him the setback was temporary. | 我跟他说这只是暂时的 |
[16:16] | But he said he was too close to a breakthrough. | 但他说他即将有所突破 |
[16:18] | And he wasn’t gonna let a bunch of bureaucratic scientists | 他不会让一帮官僚体制下的科学家 |
[16:20] | get in his way. | 阻碍他的事业 |
[16:22] | A week later, | 一周后 |
[16:24] | I notice $100,000 missing | 我注意到在我给他设的账户里 |
[16:26] | from the account I set up for him. | 少了十万美元 |
[16:28] | You think he went ahead with human testing without approval. | 你认为他在获得许可前 就进行人体试验 |
[16:31] | Yes… | 是的 |
[16:32] | In secret. | 秘密进行 |
[16:33] | And then he tells me to take a hike. | 然后他就让我滚蛋 |
[16:35] | I think he had that breakthrough. | 我认为他确实有突破了 |
[16:37] | I think the Ambrosia Project worked. | 我认为仙果项目成功了 |
[16:39] | That’s a very interesting theory, Mr. Randolph. | 很有意思的故事 兰道夫先生 |
[16:41] | But you still haven’t told us | 但你还没有告诉我们 |
[16:42] | who you think killed Hamilton. | 你认为谁杀了哈密顿 |
[16:47] | If he was doing illegal testing, | 如果他在做非法试验 |
[16:50] | where were his test subjects coming from? | 试验对象从哪里来 |
[16:54] | I can tell you this, | 我只能跟你说 |
[16:55] | they weren’t clean-cut college kids. | 肯定不是身家清白的大学生 |
[16:58] | They’re the kind of folks who don’t mind needles | 是那些不介意被人扎针 |
[17:01] | and are likely to possess firearms. | 又极可能持有枪支的人 |
[17:04] | Here’s my view, and unlike yours, | 与你不同的是 我的观点 |
[17:06] | mine is based on fact– | 是基于事实的 |
[17:08] | You sunk millions of dollars into Hamilton’s research, | 你在哈密顿的研究上花了几百万 |
[17:12] | and just as you thought that Hamilton… | 而正当你认为哈密顿… |
[17:15] | was making a breakthrough, he cut you off. | 有所突破时 他却踢你出局 |
[17:18] | That is motive. | 这叫动机 |
[17:21] | You have a large-caliber gun. | 你有一把大口径枪支 |
[17:23] | Hamilton just happened to have been shot with a large-caliber gun. | 而哈密顿正是死在大口径枪下 |
[17:27] | That is means. | 这叫手段 |
[17:28] | And you were seen arguing with Hamilton | 而哈密顿死前十分钟 |
[17:30] | ten minutes before he was killed. | 有人看到你们争执 |
[17:32] | That is opportunity. | 这叫时机 |
[17:35] | It’s conjecture, detective. | 这是你的推测 探长 |
[17:37] | You have no proof. | 你没有证据 |
[17:38] | Actually, I do. | 事实上 我有 |
[17:39] | C.S.U. just found that your 45-caliber gun | 鉴证组刚刚证实你的点45口径枪 |
[17:42] | was fired this morning. | 今早曾开过枪 |
[17:48] | You know what we call that? | 你知道这叫什么吗 |
[17:50] | The smoking gun. | 铁证如”枪” |
[17:55] | Well, that had nothing to do with Hamilton. | 这跟哈密顿毫无关系 |
[17:57] | There was a flock of pigeons on my roof this morning, | 今早我屋顶上有一群鸽子 |
[17:59] | squawking, | 唧唧喳喳的 |
[18:01] | and I was trying to sleep. | 我还想睡觉呢 |
[18:03] | Pigeons? | 鸽子 |
[18:04] | That’s what you’re gonna go with? | 那就是你的辩词吗 |
[18:12] | Given that the only evidence you have | 鉴于你们唯一的证据 |
[18:14] | is frozen inside Mr. Hamilton, | 被冻在哈密顿先生的身体里了 |
[18:16] | yeah, | 没错 |
[18:17] | that’s what I’m going with. | 那就是我的辩词 |
[18:20] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[18:22] | I’d like my lawyer. | 我要找我的律师来 |
[18:25] | Smug, self-satisfied son of a bitch. | 自以为是 自命不凡的混蛋 |
[18:27] | Yes, but with no witness to the shooting, | 没错 但是枪击没有目击证人 |
[18:29] | all we’ve got is a gun. | 我们只有他的枪 |
[18:30] | Since we can’t match ballistics without the bullets, | 没有子弹又做不了弹道分析 |
[18:32] | we can’t even prove it’s the murder weapon. | 我们都不能证明那就是凶器 |
[18:33] | Thank you, Mr. Castle. I know how ballistics works. | 谢谢你 卡塞尔先生 我知道弹道是怎么回事 |
[18:35] | Sir, we need that body, | 长官 我们需要他的尸体 |
[18:37] | otherwise, we don’t have a case. | 否则就不能结案 |
[18:38] | I’ll call the D.A. | 我会给地方检察官打电话 |
[18:39] | I don’t care if case law’s murky. | 我不在乎判例法怎么模糊不清 |
[18:41] | We have a suspect now. | 我们抓到嫌疑人了 |
[18:43] | Here’s the deal, boys– | 这么说吧 伙计们 |
[18:44] | the D.A.’s office believes that we currently | 地方检察官办公室认为我们现在 |
[18:46] | have sufficient grounds to obtain a warrant | 有足够的理由拿到一张搜查令 |
[18:48] | and take custody of Lester Hamilton’s body | 带走并扣押莱斯特·哈密顿的尸体 |
[18:50] | as evidence in his murder investigation. | 作为他谋杀案的证据 |
[18:53] | You know we’ll fight you, right? | 你知道我们会据理力争的吧 |
[18:55] | Do you really want to risk | 你真的甘愿冒风险吗 |
[18:56] | that case law will be established on the basis | 判例法也许会基于这种极端情况 |
[18:58] | of these extraordinary circumstances? | 确立新法 |
[19:00] | Case law that will limit the rights of all your clients. | 而那时 判例法会限制你们所有委托人的权利 |
[19:03] | Now I’m hoping that we can find another way, | 我希望我们能找到其他解决办法 |
[19:06] | but I need that body. | 但是我必须拿到那具尸体 |
[19:08] | We can’t surrender our client’s chance | 我们不能放弃委托人 |
[19:10] | at a long, productive future life | 未来过上美满生活的机会 |
[19:11] | because it proves inconvenient for the state. | 就因为这给州政府带来不便 |
[19:14] | Then I’m sure | 那我敢肯定 |
[19:14] | you’ll be hearing from the district attorney’s office shortly. | 地方检察官办公室会很快联系你的 |
[19:17] | There may be another way. | 或许还有别的办法 |
[19:20] | Our admittance X-rays show that Hamilton’s heart | 我们入棺前X光检查发现哈密顿的心脏 |
[19:22] | was damaged by the bullets. | 已被子弹损坏 |
[19:23] | So maintaining the body is no longer a priority. | 所以保存尸身便不再是重点了 |
[19:26] | Cryonics is mostly about preserving the brain. | 人体冷冻重在保存大脑 |
[19:29] | By the time the technology exists to revive Hamilton, | 等到科技发展到可以复活哈密顿时 |
[19:31] | we’ll surely be able to regenerate our bodies. | 我们肯定能使身体再生了 |
[19:34] | Bottom line– | 总之呢 |
[19:36] | we can keep the courts out of this, | 我们可以不上法庭 |
[19:38] | and you can have Hamilton’s body immediately | 而你们也能马上拿到哈密顿的尸身 |
[19:41] | if you agree to leave his head | 前提是你们同意把他的头 |
[19:43] | in storage at Passageway. | 留在帕威的仓库里 |
[19:50] | Then we have a deal. | 成交 |
[19:52] | Now all we need to do is match ballistics to Randolph’s gun. | 现在只要确认兰道夫的枪是凶器就行了 |
[19:57] | They’re not a match. | 不匹配 |
[19:58] | What do you mean, they’re not a match? | 什么叫不匹配 |
[20:00] | I mean, the bullets in Lester Hamilton’s chest | 就是说莱斯特·哈密顿胸口里的子弹 |
[20:02] | were not fired by Beau Randolph’s gun. | 不是博阿·兰道夫的枪里射出的 |
[20:04] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[20:06] | No, I just sit down here all day and make stuff up. | 不 我就是整天坐在这儿编瞎话 |
[20:08] | Of course I’m sure. | 我当然确定 |
[20:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:10] | Here’s the ballistics report. | 这是弹道报告 |
[20:11] | Randolph’s gun is a .45. | 兰道夫的枪口径是点45 |
[20:13] | Headless here was shot with a .38. | 杀死无头先生的是把点38 |
[20:17] | Getting that body was supposed to sew our case up | 拿到尸身本该帮我们结案的 |
[20:19] | not blow it apart. | 而不是让它乱成一团 |
[20:20] | How can those bullets not match? | 子弹怎么会不匹配呢 |
[20:22] | I have a theory, but you’re not gonna like it. | 我有个理论 但我想你不会喜欢的 |
[20:24] | You know, I’m open to anything right now. | 我现在是什么都愿意听 |
[20:25] | Randolph is innocent. | 兰道夫是清白的 |
[20:26] | Yeah, you’re right. I don’t like it. | 你说对了 我不喜欢 |
[20:28] | Randolph can’t be the only one who wanted Hamilton’s research. | 兰道夫肯定不是唯一垂涎哈密顿的研究的人 |
[20:30] | Maybe a competing life-extension researcher? | 或许是一位生命延长研究的竞争者 |
[20:32] | Maybe. I’m gonna call his wife up… | 是啊 我要给他妻子打电话 |
[20:34] | and see what she knows. | 问问她有什么了解 |
[20:37] | 阿丽克西斯 你在哪 爸爸 | |
[20:41] | Alexis? | 是阿丽克西斯吗 |
[20:42] | Yeah, she’s spinning out. | 对 她有点失控了 |
[20:44] | She’s never not gotten something she set her sights on. | 她想要的东西还从未失手过 |
[20:47] | Do you mind if I– | 你介意我… |
[20:48] | No, no. You should be with her now. | 不介意 你现在该去陪她 |
[20:50] | – You’re sure? – Yeah, Castle. | -真的没事吗 -没事 卡塞尔 |
[20:51] | I think I can manage without you for a few hours. | 我想没有你 撑几个小时我还是可以的 |
[20:53] | Right. Don’t look so happy about it. | 好吧 别这么高兴 |
[20:56] | Yo, Ryan. What’s up, man? Where you been? | 莱恩 干嘛呢 伙计 去哪了 |
[20:59] | Down at the college, | 去了趟大学 |
[21:00] | running down that break-in in Hamilton’s office. | 查查哈密顿办公室的闯入事件 |
[21:02] | So listen to this… | 听我说 |
[21:07] | What the hell is this? | 这是啥 |
[21:08] | That, my friend, is Beau Randolph’s alibi. | 这 我的朋友 是博阿·兰道夫的不在场证明 |
[21:10] | A dead pigeon? | 那只被杀的鸽子 |
[21:11] | C.S.U. found it on the roof of his building | 鉴证组在他家楼顶找到的 |
[21:13] | with a slug in its belly from his .45. | 腹中还留着他点45口径枪射出的子弹 |
[21:14] | Seriously? | 真的假的 |
[21:15] | So Randolph really did commit murder, huh? | 这么说兰道夫还真是个凶手 |
[21:17] | Yeah. Just writing him up for animal cruelty right now. | 是啊 刚写完他虐待动物的报告 |
[21:19] | Maybe there’s still time to cryonically freeze the little guy. | 或许还来得及冷冻这个小家伙 |
[21:23] | Hamilton’s office? | 哈密顿办公室怎么了 |
[21:25] | Yeah. | 对了 |
[21:25] | So first off, Hudson’s campus cops– | 首先 哈德逊大学那些个校警 |
[21:28] | wow– I know what we’ll be doing | 真不是盖的 我知道我们将来要是 |
[21:30] | when we’re fried and don’t care anymore. | 挨整离队 惩奸除恶都成了浮云该去干嘛了 |
[21:31] | At least they bagged the evidence. | 至少他们还知道封装证据呢 |
[21:32] | We were able to pull prints off Hamilton’s smashed computer | 我们在哈密顿被砸坏的电脑上找到了指纹 |
[21:35] | they match one of his studtsts– an Eddie Peck. | 与他的一名学生艾迪·派克的指纹相匹配 |
[21:38] | Straight A’s, no record. | 全优生 无犯罪记录 |
[21:39] | Then what was he doing breaking into Hamilton’s office | 那他干嘛要闯进哈密顿的办公室 |
[21:41] | and smash his computer? | 砸烂他的电脑 |
[21:42] | Tell me if this answer your question. | 你听我说 看看能不能解答你的疑问 |
[21:43] | His father is a lead researcher | 他父亲 是位首席研究员 |
[21:45] | at Smith Briar Pharmaceuticals. | 在史密斯·布莱尔制药公司工作 |
[21:48] | Big pharma. | 那是大型制药公司 |
[21:48] | Young Peck stoled Hamilton’s research for his dad. | 小派克为老派克去偷哈密顿的研究 |
[21:52] | They look familiar Peck? | 眼熟吗 派克 |
[21:53] | It should. Got your prints all over it. | 不该陌生啊 上面都是你的指纹 |
[21:55] | We know you broke into Hamilton’s office. | 我们知道你闯入哈密顿的办公室 |
[21:57] | What were you looking for? | 你去找什么了 |
[21:58] | It wasn’t supposed to try out this way, I swear. | 我发誓 本不该是这样的 |
[22:00] | I just–I didn’t want to be a disappointment. | 我只是 不想让他失望 |
[22:02] | To who, your father? | 谁 你父亲吗 |
[22:04] | You did this for him, didn’t you? | 你这么做是为了他 对吗 |
[22:05] | You don’t know what he’s like. | 你不知道他什么样 |
[22:07] | – What did you do with the research? – What research? | -你怎么处理他的研究了 -什么研究 |
[22:09] | Professor Hamilton’s, the Ambrosia Project. | 哈密顿教授的研究 仙果项目 |
[22:12] | It was inside his briefcase, | 就在他的公文包里 |
[22:13] | and that’s why you killed him, isn’t it? | 所以你才杀了他 对吗 |
[22:15] | Killed him? No, no. | 杀他 不不 |
[22:17] | I asked him to change my grade. | 我求他改我的成绩 |
[22:20] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[22:21] | I met this girl–Suzy–at the beginning of the semester. | 我这学期初 遇到一个女孩 苏西 |
[22:23] | I’d never been in love before, but I fell hard, man. | 我之前从没恋爱过 我完全陷进去了 |
[22:25] | When I wasn’t with her, | 我们不在一起时 |
[22:26] | all I could do was daydream about her, you know? | 我能做的只是幻想和她在一起 |
[22:28] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[22:29] | What does your love life have to do with any of this? | 你的恋情和这个案件有什么关系 |
[22:31] | ‘Cause of Suzy, I didn’t study for | 因为苏西的原因 我没有准备 |
[22:32] | Professor Hamilton’s midterm. | 哈密顿教授的期中考试 |
[22:34] | I got an “F.” We don’t get F’s in my family, | 然后我考了个F 我们家从没有人考过F |
[22:35] | especially in bio? My father would kill me. | 特别是生物课 我爸爸会宰了我的 |
[22:37] | So I broke in to Hamilton’s office | 所以我偷溜进哈密顿的办公室 |
[22:39] | and tried to change the grade in his computer, | 想把他电脑里登记的成绩改掉 |
[22:41] | but I didn’t know his password. | 但是我不知道他的密码 |
[22:42] | I got frustrated and threw it against the wall. | 然后我气急败坏地把电脑扔到墙上去了 |
[22:43] | Don’t you lie to me, Peck. | 别对我说谎 派克 |
[22:45] | Hamilton’s grade report said you got an “A” on his midterm. | 哈密顿的成绩单上写着你在期中考试得了A |
[22:48] | That’s ’cause after class the next day, | 那是因为第二天下课 |
[22:49] | I followed him, tried to work up the courage | 我跟踪他 想要鼓起勇气 |
[22:50] | to beg him to change my grade. | 求他帮我改成绩 |
[22:52] | But before I could, | 但是我还没有鼓足勇气 |
[22:53] | we were in this scary neighborhood, | 我们就到了一个很恐怖的地方 |
[22:54] | and he went into this seedy hotel. | 他进了一个破烂旅馆 |
[22:55] | And what was he doing there? | 他在那干什么 |
[22:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:58] | But he came out, like, an hour later, | 但当他一小时之后走出来的时候 |
[22:59] | and when he saw me, he totally wigged. | 他看到了我 像疯了一样 |
[23:00] | Like eyes-popping-out-of-his-head crazy. | 就好像眼睛都要瞪出来了一样 |
[23:03] | He–he offered to change my “F” to an “A” | 他主动提出帮我改成绩 |
[23:04] | in exchange for me never telling anyone he was there. | 条件是 我不能告诉任何人他在那里 |
[23:08] | This hotel have a name? | 旅馆的名字是什么 |
[23:10] | The 130th street inn. | 130街旅馆 |
[23:11] | That little beady-eyed guy in 24, | 住在24号房那个珠子眼的小个子 |
[23:13] | a big-time scientist? | 是个很厉害的科学家吗 |
[23:14] | Get out. | 别逗了 |
[23:16] | How long had he been coming here? | 他来这里多久了 |
[23:17] | Ah, booked his room solid for the last month. | 上个月开始 他定了一整个月 |
[23:20] | Paid cash. | 现金支付 |
[23:21] | What was he doing here for a month? | 一整个月他都在这里做什么 |
[23:23] | Sweet pea, this is a “Don’t ask, don’t tell” hotel. | 亲爱的 这是个”不问 不说”的旅馆 |
[23:26] | So you didn’t ask, but could you tell? | 就是说你没问 那你能告诉我们什么 |
[23:28] | Little dude made a big deal | 这位老兄三令五申 |
[23:30] | about no one ever going into his room for any reason, | 无论什么情况 都不能进他的房间 |
[23:32] | not even to clean. | 连打扫房间都不行 |
[23:34] | Ah, I figured he had a blow-up doll collection or something. | 我猜他有收集充气娃娃或者什么的 |
[23:47] | This some boy-in-the-plastic-bubble thing or what? | 《无菌罩内的少年》[美国电影]的感觉唉 |
[23:49] | I’ll tell you something, I am not cleaning this up. | 告诉你们 这里我不会打扫的 |
[23:51] | Please stay back, ma’am. | 请退后 夫人 |
[23:53] | Twist my arm. | 让我退后 我是相当乐意啊 |
[24:00] | Dude, there better not be body parts in there. | 老兄 最好别出现残肢 |
[24:01] | Just… | 进去吧 |
[24:05] | Scalpels… | 解剖刀 |
[24:07] | Drill. | 手术钻 |
[24:11] | Is that a laser? | 那是激光器吗 |
[24:12] | Lidocaine. That’s an anesthetic. | 利多卡因 这是种麻醉剂 |
[24:15] | Syringes? | 注射器 |
[24:17] | It’s an operating room, bro. | 这是个手术室 兄弟 |
[24:20] | Who the hell was Hamilton operating on, and why here? | 哈密顿在给谁做手术 为什么选这里 |
[24:22] | His Ambrosia Project. | 他的仙果项目 |
[24:24] | He said he was on the verge of a major breakthrough | 他说他的研究即将有重大的突破 |
[24:26] | but got turned down for human testing. | 但是进行人体试验的申请被拒绝了 |
[24:28] | Looks like Beau Randolph was right. | 看起来博阿·兰道夫是对的 |
[24:30] | Hamilton decided not to wait. | 哈密顿不想再等下去了 |
[24:39] | Who would sign up for an illegal experimentation | 谁会报名参加一个未经试验的外科手术 |
[24:42] | of an untested surgical procedure? | 做非法的试验研究呢 |
[24:44] | Oh, I don’t know. If it’d make you feel better, live longer, | 不知道 但如果它能让你更开心 活得更久 |
[24:46] | Hell, I’d give it a try. | 管他呢 我会试试的 |
[24:48] | Though not in a sleazy hotel. I need five stars. | 不过不是在破旅馆里面 要在五星级宾馆里 |
[24:52] | Any sign of Alexis this morning? | 今早见到阿丽克西斯了吗 |
[24:54] | Oh. No. | 没见着 |
[24:56] | When I got home last night, she was sacked out on the couch. | 昨晚我到家的时候 她在沙发上睡着了 |
[24:59] | I had to carry her up to bed. That’s the first time in years. | 我把她抱上床的 这是这么些年来的第一次 |
[25:01] | Poor baby. | 可怜的孩子 |
[25:02] | She hasn’t been herself since getting that rejection. | 她收到拒信之后就消极得很 |
[25:07] | Hey, sweetheart. What’s in the box? | 甜心 盒子里装的什么啊 |
[25:09] | My life of lies. | 我这一生的谎言 |
[25:12] | I’m throwing it all out. | 我要把它们全部丢掉 |
[25:13] | Oh, honey, all your awards? You worked hard for these. | 亲爱的 你所有的奖吗 你为这些付出了很多 |
[25:17] | Did I? | 是吗 |
[25:17] | Half of them are participation trophies. | 这里一半都是参与奖奖杯 |
[25:19] | Super-Pee-Wee soccer. | 超级皮威足球赛 |
[25:21] | You remember the time… | 你记得那次 |
[25:24] | you scored a goal off your head, and you didn’t even realize it? | 你顶进一个球 自己都没发现吗 |
[25:27] | And I got a trophy for that? | 我还因此拿了一座奖杯吗 |
[25:28] | We didn’t even win a single game. | 我们一场比赛都没赢过 |
[25:30] | Oh, come on. You weren’t supposed to keep score. | 拜托 这些事你不必记得的 |
[25:31] | Yeah? Well, Stanford keeps score. | 但是斯坦福有记录啊 |
[25:33] | Come on, let’s see some of these awards are for actual achievements– | 拜托 有些是实实在在的成就 |
[25:36] | Franklin Middle School spelling bee champ, | 富兰克林中学拼字比赛冠军 |
[25:38] | Marlowe Prep French Award. | 马洛私立高中法语奖 |
[25:41] | The one I wanted was Stanford. | 我要的是斯坦福 |
[25:46] | Sweetheart, I-I know Ashley is going to Stanford– | 亲爱的 我知道阿什利要去斯坦福 |
[25:48] | This has nothing to do with ashley! | 这跟阿什利没关系 |
[25:50] | It’s me, dad! I’m a failure! | 是我 爸爸 我是个失败者 |
[25:52] | Hey, just because you didn’t get into one school | 你没被一所大学录取 |
[25:54] | does not make you a failure. | 并不能说明你就是个失败者啊 |
[25:57] | But you are gonna have to accept that you didn’t get in and move on. | 但你要接受这个现实 然后继续生活 |
[26:04] | How? | 怎么继续 |
[26:08] | I just wanted to give her the childhood I never had. | 我只想给她我从未有过的童年 |
[26:10] | Maybe I overprotected her. | 也许我保护过度了 |
[26:11] | You gave her a great childhood, Castle. | 你给了她一个完美的童年 卡塞尔 |
[26:13] | It’s not a bad thing. | 这不是件坏事 |
[26:14] | Not if she’s incapable of handling rejection. | 无法接受被拒绝可不是好事 |
[26:16] | Look, we all get our hearts broken eventually. | 我们都会有伤心的时候 |
[26:18] | Just give her some time. She’ll find her way. | 给她点时间 她会想明白的 |
[26:21] | As long as she doesn’t end up auditioning for Beau Randolph. | 只要她别去博阿·兰道夫那里试镜就行 |
[26:24] | So any word on what was going on | 哈密顿的那间骇人旅店 |
[26:26] | in Hamilton’s hotel of horrors? | 调查的如何了 |
[26:28] | Lanie’s running test results on the bloody instruments, | 蕾妮正在给沾血的手术器材做化验 |
[26:30] | But so far, it looks like at least one test subject | 但是目前为止 似乎有一个实验对象 |
[26:32] | wasn’t pleased with the results. | 对结果不是很满意 |
[26:34] | C.S.U. found that note in the hotel. | 鉴证组在旅店里发现了这个 |
[26:36] | “You told me this would work. I trusted you.” | “你跟我说这会成功 我相信了你” |
[26:38] | Looks like Beau Randolph was right. | 看来博阿·兰道夫是对的 |
[26:40] | Hamilton was doing human testing. | 哈密顿在做人体实验 |
[26:41] | Looks like it didn’t go as planned. | 看来它进行得没有计划的那么顺利 |
[26:43] | Maybe Frankenstein’s monster | 也许科学怪人的怪物 |
[26:44] | came back and killed Frankenstein. | 回来把科学怪人杀了 |
[26:48] | No luck I.D.’ing the note’s author. | 无法确认写纸条的是谁 |
[26:49] | The only prints C.S.U. found in the room were Hamilton’s. | 鉴定组在房间里找到的唯一指纹是哈密顿的 |
[26:51] | What about Hamilton’s wife? | 哈密顿老婆那边呢 |
[26:53] | We checked with her, his colleagues, | 我们询问过她 他的同事 |
[26:54] | and his students. | 和他的学生 |
[26:55] | No one even knew he was doing any secret research. | 没人知道他在做秘密试验 |
[26:57] | Well, someone knew about it. Canvass around the hotel. | 一定有人知道 在旅店附近进行排查 |
[27:00] | There’s a big homeless population in the area. | 那个地区无家可归的人很多 |
[27:02] | Maybe that’s where he got his subjects. | 也许他就是在那里找到的试验对象 |
[27:04] | You know, I don’t get Hamilton on a character level. | 在人物层面上 我没搞懂哈密顿 |
[27:08] | Why would he risk his reputation, his safety, | 为什么他要拿他的声望和人身安全来冒险 |
[27:11] | to do illegal testing in some flophouse? | 在廉价旅馆里做非法试验呢 |
[27:12] | I mean, he was ready to give away his research, | 他已经准备好公布他的研究 |
[27:14] | so it wasn’t the money. | 所以他不是为了钱 |
[27:16] | Why was he in such a big rush? | 他为什么这么着急呢 |
[27:19] | Lanie’s got the D.N.A. results. | 蕾妮那边DNA化验结果出来了 |
[27:21] | So the labs tell us who Hamilton’s test subjects were? | 查出哈密顿的试验对象是谁了吗 |
[27:24] | Preliminary D.N.A. results | 从针头和手术钻上提取的DNA的 |
[27:25] | from the needles and the drill show the D.N.A. | 初步化验结果显示 |
[27:27] | is all from the same person– | 血迹属于同一个人 |
[27:29] | Lester Hamilton. | 莱斯特·哈密顿 |
[27:32] | So Lester wasn’t doing the procedures on someone else. | 莱斯特并不是在别人身上做试验 |
[27:36] | Someone was doing them to him. | 是别人在他身上做试验 |
[27:37] | And he decided to put his money where his mouth was, | 然后他决定不能光说不练 |
[27:40] | using himself as a test subject. | 用他自己做实验品 |
[27:41] | But then who was doing the procedures on him? | 那么给他做试验的人又是谁呢 |
[27:43] | And how did it even get him killed? | 这又怎么导致他被杀呢 |
[27:44] | Can I just– | 我能不能 |
[27:45] | Maybe the treatment was a success. | 也许这个治疗方案成功了 |
[27:46] | Hamilton realized he was on the cusp | 哈密顿意识到他就要 |
[27:48] | of a revolutionary life-extension breakthrough– | 取得延长寿命技术领域的革命性突破 |
[27:49] | Oh, my gosh– | 老天 |
[27:50] | Could you be– | 你能相… |
[27:51] | Guys! | 伙计们 |
[27:54] | Hold up. | 停一下 |
[27:54] | Stop doing that thing you do for one second. | 别你一句我一句的了 |
[27:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:59] | Now all of the theorizing is cute as usual. | 你推理我分析尽管很可爱 |
[28:03] | But we’ve got a problem. | 但是我们还有一个疑点 |
[28:04] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[28:05] | The Ambrosia Project implant | 仙果项目的植入物 |
[28:06] | is supposed to be in the patient’s arm. | 理应是植入到患者手臂上的 |
[28:08] | I checked his arms, in fact, | 而我检查过他的手臂 |
[28:10] | I checked every inch of Hamilton’s body. | 实际上 我检查过哈密顿身体的每一寸 |
[28:12] | There were no intrusions or wounds anywhere. | 根本没找到有任何植入点或是伤口 |
[28:15] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[28:16] | I thought you said the needles had his D.N.A. | 你不是说针头上检测出了他的DNA吗 |
[28:17] | They do. | 是啊 |
[28:18] | And his brain matter, too. | 还有他的脑浆 |
[28:21] | So whatever they were doing, they were doing to his head? | 这么说不管他们做了什么 是在他脑袋上进行的 |
[28:23] | Which is the only part of Hamilton’s body | 这也是哈密顿身上 |
[28:25] | that you haven’t checked yet. | 你唯一没有检查过的地方 |
[28:27] | Get me his head, | 把他的头给我拿来 |
[28:28] | and I can tell you what this is all about. | 我就可以把整件事的来龙去脉搞清楚 |
[28:33] | We had an agreement. | 我们已经达成协议了 |
[28:33] | That was before, when Mr. Hamilton’s head | 那个时候 哈密顿先生的头 |
[28:36] | wasn’t relevant to this case. | 跟这个案子毫不相关 |
[28:38] | – Now it is. – Please. | -现在情况不同了 -拜托你了 |
[28:40] | Dr. Weiss, I have a warrant, | 维斯博士 我有法庭的许可令 |
[28:41] | and you’re welcome to read it. | 你可以拿去查看一番 |
[28:43] | I know it’s legal, | 我知道这是合法的 |
[28:44] | but think of Lester Hamilton’s wishes. | 但请考虑一下莱斯特·哈密顿的遗愿 |
[28:45] | His wishes right now | 现在最重要的是找到凶手 |
[28:45] | come second to this murder investigation. | 而不是遵从他的遗愿 |
[28:47] | Now open the door. | 把门打开 |
[28:51] | I’ll be as minimally invasive as possible, Dr. Weiss. | 我会尽量谨慎 不对他的头造成任何损害 维斯博士 |
[28:53] | Any invasion at all will destroy memory, | 任何的损害都会毁掉他的记忆 |
[28:56] | personality, vital functions. | 性格和脑部的关键性能 |
[29:02] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[29:03] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[29:04] | It’s gone. | 头不见了 |
[29:06] | The thermal storage unit should be right there. | 低温储藏器应该就放在这的 |
[29:09] | You gotta be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[29:10] | Are you saying, you lost his head? | 你是说你把他的头弄丢了吗 |
[29:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[29:22] | How does my husband’s head just go missing? | 我丈夫的头怎么会不见了呢 |
[29:24] | That’s what we’re trying to figure out, Mrs. Hamilton. | 我们正在调查这件事 哈密顿太太 |
[29:26] | Do you have any idea who could have operated on him | 您知不知道 谁会有可能在130街旅馆里 |
[29:29] | at the 130th Street Inn? | 给他动手术呢 |
[29:30] | I already told Detective Beckett, | 我已经跟贝克特探长说过了 |
[29:32] | I don’t know anything about that. | 我对此一无所知 |
[29:34] | Now I need to find him immediately. | 我现在要你马上找到他 |
[29:36] | I need to make sure that his wishes are being respected. | 我需要确保他的遗愿得以实现 |
[29:39] | I understand, and I promise you | 我明白 我向你保证 |
[29:42] | that we are doing everything that we possibly can — | 我们正在竭尽所能… |
[29:43] | What about Dr. Weiss? He’s in charge over there. | 维斯博士呢 他是那里的负责人 |
[29:45] | Have you spoken to him? | 你们找他谈过了吗 |
[29:46] | Detective Beckett is with him right now. | 贝克特探长正在跟他谈话 |
[29:48] | I’m just as concerned about Hamilton’s head | 我跟你一样 对哈密顿的头的 |
[29:49] | as you are, detective. | 下落很关心 探长 |
[29:51] | There must have been a break-in at our storage facility. | 肯定是有人闯入了我们的储藏室 |
[29:53] | A break-in? Really? Is that what you’re going with? | 有人闯入 真的吗 这就是你的辩词吗 |
[29:55] | We’ve never had anything like this | 我们那里以前 |
[29:57] | happen to one of our clients. | 从来都没发生过这种事 |
[29:58] | It’s the only thing that makes any sense. | 只有这个说得通 |
[29:59] | No, I will tell you what makes sense, Dr. Weiss. | 我来告诉你什么说得通吧 维斯博士 |
[30:03] | Either you’re part of a cover-up, | 你要不就是在给凶手打掩护 |
[30:04] | or you’re a murderer, | 要不你就是凶手 |
[30:06] | or both. | 又或者你两者都是 |
[30:08] | What? W-why would I kill anyone? | 什么 我 我为什么要杀人 |
[30:09] | I have a family. | 我上有老下有小的 |
[30:10] | Well, then did you take them into consideration | 那当你未经允许就从罪案现场 |
[30:12] | when you colluded in moving a body | 把尸体转移走的时候 |
[30:14] | from a murder scene. | 你有考虑过你的家人吗 |
[30:16] | That was a one-in-a-million circumstance, | 那是百年一遇的特殊状况 |
[30:18] | and everyone ended up getting what they needed. | 再说大家最后不都得到自己想要的东西了嘛 |
[30:20] | Then why is it, at every step of this investigation, | 那你告诉我 为什么我在调查的每一步 |
[30:22] | you have gotten in my way? | 都遇到了你的阻挠呢 |
[30:24] | Hamilton ends up dead and in your custody. | 哈密顿一死 尸体就被你运走了 |
[30:26] | The D.A.’s about to turn over the body to me, | 地检官刚要把尸体转交给我 |
[30:29] | and you negotiate to keep the head. | 你便利用谈判 留下了他的头 |
[30:31] | I get a warrant for the head, | 我拿着法庭许可令去取回他的头 |
[30:32] | and suddenly, it ends up missing. | 突然间 头又不见了 |
[30:36] | The only thing I’m guilty of is trying to protect | 我只是在努力遵循莱斯特·哈密顿的遗愿 |
[30:37] | Lester Hamilton’s desire to be cryopreserved. | 把他的尸体进行低温储藏 |
[30:40] | I don’t know anything about his murder. | 我对他的谋杀一无所知 |
[30:42] | Please check with my company. | 你可以跟我的公司去核实 |
[30:43] | There must have been a break-in. | 肯定是有人闯入了储藏室 |
[30:57] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[30:57] | Turns out there was a break-in | 经查实 昨天半夜 |
[30:58] | at the Passageway storage facility in the middle of the night. | 有人闯入了帕威的储藏室 |
[31:00] | No way. And they took the head? | 不是吧 他们把头拿走了吗 |
[31:02] | Security video. Just watch. | 这是监控录像 你自己看看吧 |
[31:05] | Last night, 3:32 a.m. | 今天凌晨3点32分 |
[31:08] | Hamilton’s storage container? | 这是哈密顿的低温储存器吗 |
[31:09] | Yep. | 没错 |
[31:15] | Who the hell’s that? | 那是谁呀 |
[31:16] | Hamilton’s dear friend and colleague. | 哈密顿的老朋友兼同事 |
[31:22] | Dr. Boyd. | 博伊德博士 |
[31:26] | NYPD. Open up, Boyd. | 纽约警署 把门打开 博伊德 |
[31:30] | I don’t think he’s opening up. | 我想他不打算开门了 |
[31:36] | He went out the window to the fire escape. | 他从窗户跳到防火梯上跑了 |
[31:37] | Yeah, you think? | 还用得着你说吗 |
[31:39] | Just excited. | 人家太兴奋了嘛 |
[31:47] | He’s got the head. Beckett, he’s got the head. | 头在他手上 贝克特 头在他手上 |
[31:49] | I can see that! | 我看见了 |
[31:51] | Dr. Boyd, stop! | 博伊德博士 站住 |
[31:56] | No! | 不 |
[32:02] | Talk about taking a header. | 大头朝下 扎入垃圾箱唉 |
[32:19] | I’ll get the head. | 我去拿头 |
[32:25] | Get up. | 起来 |
[32:26] | I got it! I got Hamilton’s head. | 我拿到了 我拿到哈密顿的头了 |
[32:29] | I think it’s okay. | 应该没损坏 |
[32:31] | You are under arrest | 你因谋杀莱斯特·哈密顿 |
[32:32] | for the murder of Lester Hamilton. | 而被捕了 |
[32:34] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没杀他 |
[32:34] | I was trying to save his life. | 我只是想救他而已 |
[32:44] | He’s gonna be fine. | 他不会有事的 |
[32:46] | That’s a relief. | 那就放心了 |
[32:50] | Why would anyone steal a head? | 为什么会有人想要偷颗头呢 |
[32:59] | So, Dr. Boyd, it seems we caught you red-handed. | 博伊德博士 你可是被我们逮了个正着呀 |
[33:01] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没杀他 |
[33:04] | Well, then why did you steal his head? | 那你为什么要偷他的头呢 |
[33:06] | Did you miss him? | 难不成你想他了吗 |
[33:08] | We know about your operating room at 130th street, | 我们查到了你在130街的手术室 |
[33:11] | and you were doing surgery on Hamilton’s head, | 也知道你在哈密顿的头部动了手术 |
[33:13] | but it had nothing to do with life extension. | 但那手术跟延长寿命完全没有任何关系 |
[33:17] | So either you tell me about it, | 你要么老实招供 |
[33:19] | or we take the head back and we find out on our own. | 要么我们就把他的头带回去 自行研究 |
[33:29] | He came to me a month ago, | 他一个月前来找我 |
[33:30] | complaining about severe headaches. | 说他有很严重的头痛 |
[33:33] | An M.R.I. showed | 核磁共振显示 |
[33:34] | that he had stage IV glioblastoma. | 他患有四期恶性胶质瘤 |
[33:36] | A brain tumor? | 他长了脑瘤吗 |
[33:38] | Inoperable, untreatable — | 这种肿瘤无法动手术 也无法治愈 |
[33:40] | he only had a few months to live. | 他只剩下几个月的命了 |
[33:41] | Well, then why did he go to you? | 那他为什么要去找你呢 |
[33:43] | Why didn’t he go to a hospital? | 他为什么不去医院呢 |
[33:44] | Because as a scientist, | 因为作为一个科学家 |
[33:45] | he knew the limits of current therapies, | 他知道现有医学技术的局限性 |
[33:47] | and he was familiar with my work — | 而他对我的研究 纳米遗传疗法 |
[33:49] | nanoparticle genetic therapy. | 颇有了解 |
[33:51] | English. | 讲英语 |
[33:52] | Targeted treatment of tumors. | 这是专门针对肿瘤的一种疗法 |
[33:55] | I’m years away from human testing, but… | 我的研究距离人体试验还差得远 但是 |
[34:00] | he was my best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[34:04] | How could I say no to him? | 我怎么能拒绝他呢 |
[34:06] | So you set up shop at the hotel to keep it secret. | 于是你们就在那间小旅店搞了个手术室秘密行事 |
[34:08] | If anyone found out, | 这件事要是被人发现了 |
[34:10] | I’d lose my tenure, | 我在大学的终身职位 |
[34:12] | my funding, reputation. | 我的研究基金和我的名誉就全都毁了 |
[34:15] | We couldn’t even risk using existing operating suites. | 我们连现成的手术室都不敢用 |
[34:20] | Lester swore he wouldn’t even tell Cynthia. | 莱斯特发誓 他对他妻子辛西娅都会保密 |
[34:23] | And then he got the money from Beau Randolph’s fund | 然后他挪用了博阿·兰道夫的基金 |
[34:25] | in order to get you your supplies. | 来给你买手术器具 |
[34:26] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[34:27] | I did… | 我在一个月内 |
[34:28] | five procedures over the month. | 给他做了五次手术 |
[34:31] | And was he getting better? | 他的情况有所好转吗 |
[34:32] | No. | 没有 |
[34:34] | A few days before he was killed, | 在他被害前几天 |
[34:35] | I did an M.R.I. that showed that the tumor was… | 我又给他做了个核磁共振 发现他的肿瘤 |
[34:39] | still growing. | 还在扩散 |
[34:43] | The treatment had failed. | 治疗失败了 |
[34:48] | A brain tumor? That’s why Hamilton wanted | 脑瘤 这就是哈密顿想把项目 |
[34:49] | to put his project online– | 放到网上的原因 |
[34:51] | In hopes that someone would finish his research. | 希望有人能帮他完成研究 |
[34:52] | Yeah, I’ve got Esposito running down | 是的 我已经让埃斯波西托去查证博伊德的 |
[34:54] | Boyd’s alibi just in case. | 不在场证明了 以防万一 |
[34:57] | Alexis? | 阿丽克西斯 |
[35:01] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:03] | Everything. | 一切都乱了 |
[35:05] | How do you do it, dad? | 你怎么做到的 爸爸 |
[35:07] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[35:08] | Well, that letter that you have | 那封被你裱起来 |
[35:09] | framed in your office. | 挂在办公室的信 |
[35:11] | – My first manuscript rejection. – Yeah. | -我第一份手稿的退件信吗 -是的 |
[35:14] | How can you stand having it there? | 你怎么能忍受天天对着它 |
[35:15] | Because it drives me. | 因为它驱使我前进 |
[35:17] | And I got 20 more of those before Black Pawn | 在黑卒同意出版《枪林弹雨中》之前 |
[35:19] | ever agreed to publish “In A Hail of Bullets.” | 我还收过另外二十封呢 |
[35:22] | That letter… | 那封信… |
[35:24] | That letter reminds me of what I’ve overcome. | 那封信让我记得我曾经克服过什么 |
[35:28] | Rejection isn’t failure. | 被拒绝不代表失败 |
[35:30] | It sure feels like failure. | 那感觉就像是失败 |
[35:31] | No, failure is giving up. | 不 放弃才是失败 |
[35:33] | Everybody gets rejected. | 每个人都有被拒绝的时候 |
[35:34] | It’s how you handle it that determines where you’ll end up. | 你处理拒绝的方式将会决定你何去何从 |
[35:39] | My whole life has been about making sure | 一直以来 我的目标就是 |
[35:42] | I could get into any college I wanted. | 能被任何我想进入的大学录取 |
[35:44] | What’s it about now? | 现在的目标又是什么呢 |
[35:47] | Give it time. | 慢慢来 |
[35:49] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会找到答案的 |
[36:00] | She okay? | 她没事吧 |
[36:02] | Were any of us at that age? | 我们都曾经历过那个年纪吗 |
[36:05] | Nah, it’ll suck until it doesn’t. | 唉 一直烂到不再烂啊 |
[36:07] | Yeah, well, speaking of sucking, | 是啊 说到”烂” |
[36:08] | Boyd alibied out. | 博伊德的不在场证明被证实了 |
[36:10] | He was at a department breakfast | 哈密顿被杀的那个早上 |
[36:11] | the morning that Hamilton was killed. | 他出席了一个部门早餐会 |
[36:14] | I mean, we caught the guy with our victim’s head. | 我们都抓到拿着死者的脑袋的那个人了 |
[36:16] | 99 times out of 100, | 99%的机率 |
[36:18] | you catch someone with a guy’s head, | 当你抓到一个人拿着另一个人的脑袋时 |
[36:20] | he killed the guy. | 就是他杀害了那个人 |
[36:21] | Yeah. Well, Boyd also provided | 是啊 博伊德还提供了 |
[36:23] | the MRIs of Hamilton’s head. | 哈密顿脑部的磁共振成像 |
[36:25] | Lanie confirmed that the tumor | 蕾妮确认那肿瘤 |
[36:27] | would’ve ravaged his brain in a couple of months. | 将会在几个月之内毁掉他的大脑 |
[36:30] | So in an odd way, he got lucky. | 那么他这是歪打正着地走了大运 |
[36:33] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[36:34] | Well, Dr. Weiss said that cryonics | 维斯博士说过人体冷冻 |
[36:35] | was all about preserving the brain. | 的关键就在于保存大脑 |
[36:37] | If Hamilton had lived, | 如果哈密顿还活着 |
[36:39] | his brain would’ve been destroyed. | 他的大脑就被毁掉了 |
[36:40] | Cryonic preservation wouldn’t have been an option. | 人体冷冻对他也就没有了用处 |
[36:43] | So then our killer inadvertently | 这么说凶手在不经意间 |
[36:45] | saved him for the future. | 挽救了他的未来 |
[36:47] | Unless… | 除非 |
[36:48] | “One lifetime together wasn’t enough.” | “一辈子在一起还不够” |
[36:50] | That’s our motive. | 那就是动机 |
[36:52] | Maybe it wasn’t so inadvertent. | 或许根本就不是”不经意” |
[37:02] | Thank you for coming in, Mrs. Hamilton. | 谢谢你能过来 哈密顿太太 |
[37:03] | I understand that you’ve already spoken with Dr. Boyd. | 我知道你已经与博伊德博士谈过了 |
[37:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:09] | It’s a lot to process. | 让我大吃一惊 |
[37:10] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[37:12] | How can I help you? | 有什么我能帮忙的 |
[37:13] | Well, we were hoping that you could | 我们希望你能帮我们 |
[37:15] | shed some light on some evidence that just came in. | 梳理一些刚刚找到的证据 |
[37:19] | What’s that? | 是什么呢 |
[37:20] | Your husband’s computer, the one his student smashed? | 你丈夫的电脑 被他学生砸坏的那部 |
[37:23] | The tech people here | 警局技术人员 |
[37:24] | managed to recover a list of recent downloads. | 恢复了一份近期的下载项列表 |
[37:27] | Included on that list | 其中包括了 |
[37:28] | was Passageway’s contract termination form. | 与帕威终止合约的文件 |
[37:31] | Any idea why your husband would download that? | 知道你丈夫为什么会下载那份文件吗 |
[37:35] | No. | 不知道 |
[37:36] | Well, it must be a mistake. | 那一定是个错误 |
[37:38] | Actually, the tech assured us | 事实上技术人员已经 |
[37:39] | that the download list was clean. | 跟我们确定那列表没问题 |
[37:41] | Are you sure he didn’t say anything to you about that? | 你确定他没跟你提过那方面的事吗 |
[37:44] | Because the best I can come up with | 我能想出的最佳解释就只有 |
[37:45] | is that your husband decided that | 你的丈夫决定 |
[37:47] | working on his research until his brain gave out | 在他的大脑彻底损坏之前 |
[37:49] | was more important to him | 继续他的研究要比 |
[37:52] | than cryonically preserving himself. | 冻住自己更为重要 |
[37:54] | But you disagreed with him, didn’t you, Mrs. Hamilton? | 但你不同意他的决定对吗 哈密顿太太 |
[37:58] | How could I disagree with him | 我连他有肿瘤都不知道 |
[37:59] | when I didn’t even know about the tumor? | 怎么去反对他的决定呢 |
[38:02] | I think you did know, | 我认为你是知道的 |
[38:03] | and that’s why you killed him. | 那就是你杀死他的原因 |
[38:05] | So he would be preserved for the future | 这样他就能在大脑被损坏前 |
[38:06] | before his brain was ravaged. | 被冷冻起来 |
[38:08] | After shooting him, you took his briefcase. | 射死他后 你拿走了他的公文箱 |
[38:13] | This is insane. | 太离谱了 |
[38:16] | It’s just wild conjecture. | 这只是你们的疯狂猜测罢了 |
[38:18] | Actually, it’s not. | 事实上 不只是猜测 |
[38:20] | You got rid of the gun, of course. | 毋庸置疑 你把枪处理掉了 |
[38:22] | But we found your husband’s briefcase | 但我们在你住所的地下室 |
[38:24] | hidden in your building’s basement. | 找到了那个公文箱 |
[38:26] | There were traces of your husband’s blood on it. | 上面有你丈夫的血迹 |
[38:48] | I gave him that briefcase… | 那个公文箱是我送给他的 |
[38:52] | when we got engaged. | 在我们订婚的时候 |
[38:57] | I couldn’t just leave it behind. | 我不能把它留在那儿 |
[39:02] | I had known for weeks | 我察觉事情不对劲 |
[39:04] | that there was something wrong, | 已经有几周了 |
[39:05] | but Lester said it was just stress. | 但莱斯特说只是压力大而已 |
[39:08] | And then a couple of nights ago, | 之后在几天前的晚上 |
[39:11] | he passed out when he was getting ready for bed. | 他在准备上床前昏倒了 |
[39:18] | Then he told me the truth. | 那会儿他才跟我说了实话 |
[39:21] | But… | 但… |
[39:24] | He wasn’t in his right mind. | 他已经糊涂了 |
[39:28] | He was too concerned about his research. | 他过于在意他的研究 |
[39:32] | I needed to protect | 我必须要保护 |
[39:34] | our future… | 我们的未来 |
[39:40] | Our eternity together. | 我们的天长地久 |
[39:45] | It’s what we always dreamed of. | 那是我们一直以来共同的梦想 |
[39:50] | So, detective, would you consider this | 探长 你会把这案子当做是 |
[39:52] | to be a crime of passion? | 激情犯罪吗 |
[39:54] | I would consider this a crime of love. | 我认为这是为爱而犯罪 |
[39:57] | Nice. | 很好 |
[39:58] | Though that would depend on whether Cynthia Hamilton was | 但那得取决于辛西娅·哈密顿是 |
[40:00] | in love or insane. | 爱得痴狂还是疯了 |
[40:03] | Well, sometimes there’s a fine line between the two. | 有时候这二者间只有一线之差 |
[40:07] | Oh, Dr. Weiss. | 维斯博士 |
[40:08] | I have your release forms ready to go. | 你的移交表格准备好了 |
[40:11] | I’m grateful, detective. Castle. | 非常感谢 探长 卡塞尔 |
[40:13] | So I’ll just need you to sign down there at the bottom, | 你只需要在底部签个名 |
[40:15] | and the charges against you | 针对你以及 |
[40:16] | and your employees at Passageway | 帕威雇员的指控 |
[40:18] | will officially be dropped by the department. | 就会正式被警局撤销 |
[40:20] | I’m happy to put this behind us. | 我很高兴这事解决了 |
[40:23] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[40:24] | It’s a bio-watch signal. | 是生物手表的信号 |
[40:26] | A client has just flatlined. | 一位客户刚刚倒下了 |
[40:29] | – Well, that’s strange. – What is it? | -这真是奇怪了 -怎么了 |
[40:31] | The signal– | 信号 |
[40:32] | It’s coming from inside this building. | 是从这座楼里传来的 |
[40:57] | The ring on her right hand. | 她右手的戒指 |
[41:05] | Cyanide pill. | 氰化物药片 |
[41:14] | Detective Beckett, | 贝克特探长 |
[41:16] | Permission to have my technicians | 请求你允许我的技术人员 |
[41:18] | come and get her? | 来把她接走 |
[41:24] | Yes, of course. | 当然 没问题 |
[41:31] | Wouldn’t it be something if they reunited | 他们如在一百年 甚至是一千年后重聚 |
[41:33] | a hundred, even a thousand years from now? | 将是很美妙的事 不是吗 |
[41:36] | Well, anything’s possible. | 一切皆有可能 |
[41:39] | You really believe that? | 你真的相信吗 |
[41:40] | That’s what the great love stories are about, right, | 伟大的爱情故事不都是如此吗 |
[41:44] | beating the odds? | 克服一切艰难险阻 |
[41:46] | I hope they make it. | 我希望他们能再见 |
[41:50] | Me, too. | 我也是 |