时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | “As he saw the dark figure approaching, | “他见黑影渐渐靠近 |
[00:56] | “he rose up for a better view, | 挺直了上身想看得清楚些 |
[00:58] | “little knowing he was heading for his doom.” | 完全没有意识到他迈向了死亡” |
[01:03] | I know, right? Oh, and listen to this. | 我知道你俩的感受 听这句 |
[01:05] | “To my mentor, Richard Castle, | “致我的导师 理查德·卡塞尔 |
[01:08] | “without whose support and guidance | 没有他的支持与指导 |
[01:10] | “this book never would’ve seen the light of day.” | 本书永不会有出版之日” |
[01:13] | All you did was give Alex Conrad | 你不过就是给艾利克斯·康拉德的 |
[01:16] | a few notes on his manuscript then send it to your publisher. | 手稿提了点建议 发给了你的出版商 |
[01:19] | He was the one who wrote the book. | 他才是此书的作者 |
[01:22] | Mm. That’s your version. In my version… | 你那么理解也行 在我看来 |
[01:24] | I gently fostered the glowing embers of talent, | 我温柔地呵护了这天才的星星之火 |
[01:27] | fanning them into a literary wildfire. | 将其烧成文学上的燎原之焰 |
[01:31] | He’s gonna be in town | 他会来城里 |
[01:32] | and asked to get together with me. | 邀我跟他聚聚 |
[01:34] | He wants to learn more about my writing process. | 想多向我学学写作过程 |
[01:36] | And by “process,” you mean your procrastination | “过程” 你该不会是指 |
[01:39] | until the very last second. | 你不到最后一秒决不写作的拖沓毛病 |
[01:41] | And then writing out of a desperate panic | 在过量咖啡因的作用下 |
[01:43] | – in a caffeine-induced haze? – That one? | -几近抓狂的完成作品吗 -是这个 |
[01:45] | No, not that one. | 不 不是 |
[01:47] | The one where I find authenticity | 是指我通过跟随纽约警察 |
[01:50] | by doing hands-on research with the NYPD. | 调查研究详实的第一手资料这一点 |
[01:53] | So I’m having Alex meet me at the precinct later on today. | 我跟艾利克斯今天约在分局见面 |
[01:57] | Beckett will be thrilled with that. | 贝克特会”激动”死的 |
[01:58] | Beckett? I’m sure she won’t mind. | 贝克特 我想她不会介意的 |
[02:00] | You haven’t told her yet? | 你还没告诉她 |
[02:01] | I am sure she will be fine with it. | 我确信她不会介意的 |
[02:04] | Fine with it? Why would I be fine with it? | 不介意 我怎么就不会介意了 |
[02:07] | Okay. I’m sorry. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[02:08] | Come on. He’s a writer. | 他就是个作家 |
[02:10] | How much trouble could he possibly be? | 能惹多大麻烦啊 |
[02:15] | So is that a yes? | 你这是同意了吗 |
[02:17] | Is–is that a no? | 不同意 |
[02:20] | – Hey, Lanie. – Hey. | -蕾妮 -你好 |
[02:21] | – Who’s this? – Zack Lindsey, | -死者是谁 -扎克·林赛 |
[02:23] | a stand-out on the U.N.Y. swim team. | 是纽约大学泳队的优秀队员 |
[02:25] | Or he was before he drowned. | 或者说他溺死前曾是 |
[02:27] | How does a champion swimmer drown? | 游泳健将怎么会溺死 |
[02:29] | – He had help. – Burns? | -有人”帮”了他一把 -灼伤 |
[02:31] | From a caustic substance. | 是某种腐蚀性物质 |
[02:32] | Someone put a rag to his face soaked in the stuff. | 有人把浸过那种物质的布捂到他脸上 |
[02:34] | He passed out from the fumes, | 他被气味熏昏了过去 |
[02:36] | then was dumped in the pool to drown. Based on water | 然后被扔进泳池里溺死了 根据水温 |
[02:39] | and body temp, I’d say between 1:00 and 5:00 this morning. | 和体温判断 他死于今晨1点到5点之间 |
[02:42] | And what was the substance? | 究竟是什么物质 |
[02:43] | I won’t know till I get him back to the shop. | 得把他弄回实验室去才能知道 |
[02:45] | – Who found him? – Zack’s teammates when they showed up | -谁发现的 -扎克的队友 他们早上 |
[02:48] | for 6 a.m. swim practice. | 六点来游泳训练 |
[02:49] | All right. Let’s talk to his teammates. | 那去跟他队友谈谈 |
[02:50] | Find out if anyone had it in for Zack, and let’s figure out | 看看有没有人跟扎克不合 查查 |
[02:53] | where they were between 1:00 and 5:00 a.m. | 他们1点到5点之间都在哪里 |
[02:54] | I’ll go talk to Zack’s coach. | 我去跟扎克教练谈谈 |
[02:57] | It just doesn’t seem real, | 看到他躺在那里 |
[02:58] | seeing him lying there like that. | 感觉这一切是那么的虚幻 |
[03:00] | What was he doing here so late? | 他那么晚了在做什么 |
[03:01] | Training. | 训练 |
[03:03] | Couldn’t keep that kid outta the pool. | 这孩子离不了泳池 |
[03:05] | Two weeks ago, | 两周前 |
[03:06] | he got food poisoning right before a meet. | 他在比赛前食物中毒 |
[03:08] | Sick as a dog, just puking his guts out. | 病得一塌糊涂 差点没把胆汁吐出来 |
[03:11] | I told him to withdraw, but he toughed it out, | 我让他退赛 但他硬撑了下来 |
[03:14] | won all his events. | 赢了参加的所有项目 |
[03:15] | But that was zack. | 这就是扎克 |
[03:18] | He was gonna be the next Rob Tredwyck | 他将成为下一个罗博·特维克 |
[03:19] | or Michael Phelps. | 或是迈克尔·菲尔普斯 |
[03:21] | Did he have any personal problems? | 他个人生活有麻烦吗 |
[03:23] | He was a kid from Bensonhurst, you know? | 他是来自本森赫斯特的孩子 |
[03:25] | I got him a partial scholarship, | 我给他争取了部分奖学金 |
[03:26] | but he lived on his own all the way out there | 他一直都是自己坚强的生活 |
[03:28] | – because it’s all he could afford. – What about his parents? | -因为他只付得起那么多 -他父母呢 |
[03:30] | Uh, his dad’s gone. | 他父亲去世了 |
[03:31] | His, uh, mom had to move to Atlantic ity for work. | 他妈妈搬去了大西洋城工作 |
[03:35] | I… | 我 |
[03:38] | promised I was gonna look out for him. | 承诺过会照顾好他 |
[03:42] | What about the swim team? | 游泳队呢 |
[03:43] | There must have been some rivalries there. | 这里肯定有他的竞争对手 |
[03:46] | He and Brian Morris were our two best chances | 他和布莱恩·莫里斯最有希望赢得 |
[03:47] | to win the tournament this week, but there was no bad blood, | 本周的锦标赛 但是没发生过冲突 |
[03:50] | not with Brian or anyone else on the team. | 不管是跟布莱恩还是跟别人 |
[03:52] | Okay, I’m still gonna need a team roster | 好吧 但我还是需要队员名单 |
[03:54] | and a list of all the people who had access to this pool. | 以及所有能进出泳池的人员名单 |
[04:01] | Uh… Excuse me. | 我先失陪了 |
[04:05] | This is why Alexis is never going to college. | 就因为这个 阿丽克西斯别想上大学了 |
[04:10] | – You want to hear something crazy? – Yeah. | -想听点奇怪的事吗 -说 |
[04:12] | I was talking to the night janitor. | 我跟夜间看门人谈过了 |
[04:13] | He was here till 1:30 last night, | 他昨晚待到一点半 |
[04:15] | but he saw Zack with another guy. | 但他看到扎克和另一个人在一起 |
[04:17] | Do we have a name? | 知道那人是谁吗 |
[04:18] | We have a picture, too. “Rocket” Rob Tredwyck. | 连照片都有 “火箭”罗博·特维克 |
[04:23] | Give us a big smile, mate. | 伙计来笑一个 |
[04:30] | Yes, like that. | 没错就这样 |
[04:31] | You love this man. You want him. | 你爱这个男人 你想要他 |
[04:34] | That’s funny. I want him, too. | 真搞笑 我也想”要”他 |
[04:38] | The guy was invincible in water. | 这家伙在水中所向披靡 |
[04:40] | I can’t believe he’d drown. | 简直不能相信他居然溺死了 |
[04:42] | – How did you know him? – From a tournament, three years ago. | -你怎么认识他的 -三年前一次锦标赛 |
[04:45] | Zack was a freshman while I was headed to Beijing. | 我去参加北京奥运会的时候扎克还是个新手 |
[04:48] | I could tell he was special. | 我能看出他很特别 |
[04:50] | It was like looking at a younger version of me. | 就像看到了年轻版的我 |
[04:52] | He was really that good? | 他真有那么棒 |
[04:53] | Yeah, but, uh, that’s not what I meant. | 是啊 不过我不是那个意思 |
[04:55] | Most kids in this sport, they come from money. | 大多数练游泳的孩子都是冲着钱来的 |
[04:57] | Zack and me, we both grew up hard. | 扎克和我都在苦日子里长大 |
[05:00] | So I took him under my wing. | 所以我罩着他 |
[05:02] | Sounds like you were kind of a mentor to him. | 听起来你像是他的导师 |
[05:03] | I was just looking out for my own. | 不过是照顾自己人 |
[05:05] | So what were you doing at the pool last night? | 那昨晚你在泳池做什么 |
[05:07] | Zack said he wanted to run drills, and I figured, | 扎克说想练两把 我就想 |
[05:09] | what the hell? | 没搞错吧 |
[05:10] | Now that I’m retired, I don’t do enough time in the water. | 我退役了 不常在水里训练 |
[05:13] | But I think he really just needed a friend. | 但是我感觉他就是需要一个朋友 |
[05:15] | Why is that? | 为什么这么说 |
[05:16] | He just had the talk with his girl. | 他刚和他女朋友谈过 |
[05:18] | Where do babies come from? | 谈孩子是怎么生出来的吗 |
[05:20] | No, not that talk. | 不是谈那个 |
[05:22] | The one I had with my high school girlfriend | 而是像我还在维明顿的时候 |
[05:24] | back in Wilmington. | 跟我女朋友谈的那种 |
[05:26] | If you want to get to the top, | 如果想成为顶尖高手 |
[05:27] | you can’t take everyone with you. | 你就不能让任何人拖累你 |
[05:28] | So some people, you have to leave behind. | 有些人你必须放手 |
[05:32] | – So you have the talk. – And how did she handle that? | -所以就得谈谈 -她如何应对的 |
[05:35] | She took it hard. So did Zack. | 她挺伤心的 扎克也是 |
[05:39] | But he was worried about her, | 但他很担心她 |
[05:42] | worried that she might do something stupid. | 担心她会做出什么傻事 |
[05:44] | Do you remember her name? | 你还记得她名字吗 |
[05:46] | Bridget. Bridget McManus. | 布丽吉特 布丽吉特·麦克马尼斯 |
[05:48] | And what time did you leave the pool last night? | 你昨晚什么时候离开泳池的 |
[05:50] | A little after midnight. | 刚过午夜 |
[05:51] | Where were you between 1:00 and 5:00 a.m.? | 你早上一点到五点在哪里 |
[05:53] | At Buddha Bar with half the ad agency. | 和广告代理商的一些人在菩萨酒吧 |
[05:55] | We partied till dawn. | 我们一直玩到天亮 |
[05:57] | We’re ready for you, Rocket. | 到你了 火箭 |
[05:59] | Man… | 天 |
[06:00] | Hell of a day to sell cologne. | 推销古龙水还真是很费力啊 |
[06:05] | What were you looking at? | 你在看什么 |
[06:07] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:33] | First day I put him in the pool, he was 2 years old. | 我第一次带他去泳池的时候 他才两岁 |
[06:36] | Took to it like a fish. | 他就像条鱼一样 |
[06:40] | You have kids? | 你有孩子吗 |
[06:41] | Two daughters and a son. | 两个女儿 一个儿子 |
[06:44] | It’s what we do for them, right? | 这是我们该做的 对吧 |
[06:47] | When his dad left | 他爸走了之后 |
[06:49] | and I was feeling lower than dirt, | 当我感觉万念俱灰的时候 |
[06:51] | you know what he told me? | 你知道他和我说了什么吗 |
[06:52] | He said, “I’m gonna be someone one day for you, Ma, | 他说”为了你 我总有一天会成名” 妈 |
[06:55] | so you can walk down the street and be proud.” | 这样你在大街上走也能为我骄傲 |
[07:03] | Who did this? | 是谁干的 |
[07:05] | Who killed my son? | 是谁杀了我的儿子 |
[07:08] | We’re doing everything we can to find out. | 我们会竭尽全力查出真相 |
[07:11] | Ms. Dinovi, what can you tell me | 蒂诺威夫人 你知道关于 |
[07:13] | about Bridget McManus? | 布丽吉特·麦克马尼斯的事吗 |
[07:14] | Her and Zack have been an item since high school. | 她和扎克从高中开始就在一起了 |
[07:17] | What’s this got to do with Bridget? | 这和布丽吉特有什么关系吗 |
[07:18] | Maybe nothing, we’re just checking everywhere. | 可能没什么 我们只是要确认每个细节 |
[07:21] | Did he mention anything else, any trouble he might be in? | 他有提起过别的吗 有没有什么麻烦 |
[07:23] | Zack knew what trouble was. He wanted no part of it. | 扎克知道什么是麻烦 他从来不参与其中 |
[07:28] | People don’t get out of our neighborhood. | 我们这儿的人很难走出去 |
[07:32] | Zack was gonna make it. | 扎克就要成功了 |
[07:36] | My baby, he was going to make it. | 我的宝贝 他马上就要成功了 |
[07:43] | Captain. | 队长 |
[07:45] | Zack’s mom. | 那是扎克的母亲 |
[07:46] | Anything about the girlfriend? | 有关于女朋友的线索吗 |
[07:47] | Not that she knows of. | 她不知道 |
[07:48] | She seemed to think everything was okay. | 在她看来一切都好 |
[07:50] | Ah, then there was a lot he wasn’t sharing. | 有很多事他都没和他妈说 |
[07:53] | Check out the text messages that Bridget fired off to Zack | 看看布丽吉特在扎克遇害的那个晚上 |
[07:55] | on the night he was killed. | 给他发的短信 |
[07:56] | Ooh. Not a lot of “LOLs” in there. | 看上去可不太愉快 |
[08:00] | “Zack, if you leave me, | “扎克 如果你离开我 |
[08:01] | I swear to god, I’ll kill you.” | 我对天发誓 我会杀了你” |
[08:02] | She has a way with words. | 看来她挺毒舌的 |
[08:04] | And a record to go with it. | 而且还有犯罪记录 |
[08:05] | Disorderly conduct. Mostly minor stuff. | 行为不检 大多不严重 |
[08:07] | Uniforms are bringing her in now. | 警员正在把她带过来 |
[08:08] | It says here she’s 5’2″. | 这里说她只有5英尺2英寸[约1米6] |
[08:09] | You really think she could overpower zack? | 你觉得她真的能够制服扎克吗 |
[08:10] | Uh, no, but her brothers could. | 不 但是她兄弟可以 |
[08:12] | In grand Irish tradition, she has four of them, | 沿袭爱尔兰传统 她有四个兄弟 |
[08:15] | each over 6 foot, each with his own claim to fame– | 每个人都超过6英尺 每个都臭名昭著 |
[08:18] | Assaults… | 蓄意袭击 |
[08:19] | – Ag. Assault… – Bad. | -严重蓄意袭击 -糟糕 |
[08:20] | A.D.W. , battery… | ADW 殴打 |
[08:22] | assault on city employee, parking enforcement. | 袭击停车部门执法人员 |
[08:24] | Doesn’t count. | 那个不算 |
[08:25] | – Easy. – Dude. | -小心点 -伙计 |
[08:26] | I–just jokes. | 开玩笑而已 |
[08:28] | All right, find out where her brothers were | 查出她几个兄弟在早上1点和5点之间 |
[08:29] | between 1:00 and 5:00 a.m. | 都在哪里 |
[08:30] | Castle and I will talk to Bridget. | 卡塞尔和我去和布丽吉特谈谈 |
[08:32] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[08:33] | Kill him? | 杀了他 |
[08:35] | I’ve loved Zack Lindsey since the ninth grade. | 我从九年级开始就爱着扎克·林赛 |
[08:38] | You have a funny way of showing it. | 那你的示爱方式很有趣 |
[08:40] | I was pissed. | 我只是很生气 |
[08:41] | For five years, I cooked his steamed chicken breast, | 五年了 是我帮他做的清蒸鸡胸肉 |
[08:45] | I put his pasta in the tupperware | 每天凌晨1点前 是我把他的通心粉 |
[08:47] | before 1:00 in the morning, I kept him company at the gym. | 放进饭盒里 是我在健身房陪着他 |
[08:50] | And then he tells me, “Sorry, Bridge. | 然后他告诉我”对不起 布丽吉特 |
[08:53] | I can’t have any other voices in my head.” | 我不能受到其他干扰” |
[08:55] | Like suddenly, I’m a distraction. | 好像突然之间 我让他心烦意乱了 |
[08:57] | Like suddenly, I’m not good enough for Colorado Springs? | 突然之间 我配不上科泉市了吗 |
[09:00] | So you threatened to kill him unless he took you back? | 所以你就威胁要杀了他 除非跟你和好 |
[09:03] | No, that’s how I talk, okay? | 我就是这么说话的 行不 |
[09:06] | But there was something going on. | 但的确有事情不对劲 |
[09:09] | And it had nothing to do with swimming. | 和游泳一点关系都没有 |
[09:11] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[09:12] | Lately, he had been stressed, secretive. | 最近他焦虑不安 还神神秘秘的 |
[09:16] | Add that to him saying, “This is my time,” | 他还说”我的时代来了” |
[09:19] | and the way those rich college girls looked at him. | 还有那些多金的大学女孩看他的样子 |
[09:21] | I wasn’t born yesterday. I can do the math. | 我不是小孩 我猜得出来 |
[09:24] | You thought there was someone else. | 你觉得他有外遇了 |
[09:26] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[09:27] | So I followed him out of his apartment the other night, | 于是有天晚上他出了公寓 我就跟踪了他 |
[09:29] | ready to fight some queen bitch from Connecticut. | 准备去揍扁某个康涅狄格州的大贱人 |
[09:31] | For what’s mine, only it wasn’t another girl. | 抢回我男人 不过他见的不是女孩 |
[09:34] | Well, who was it? | 那是谁 |
[09:35] | I don’t know. Some scary looking guy. | 我不知道 一个长得挺吓人的家伙 |
[09:38] | They met under the L, | 他们在地铁站碰了头 |
[09:39] | and they went at it, yelling and screaming. | 就开始大喊大叫 |
[09:42] | I couldn’t tell about what, though, | 那家伙有口音 |
[09:43] | ’cause the guy had, like, an accent. | 所以我听不出他们在讲什么 |
[09:45] | What kind of accent– Spanish, Asian, Russian? | 什么样的口音 西班牙 亚洲 俄罗斯 |
[09:48] | Do I look like I work at the U.N.? | 我看上去像是在联合国工作的人吗 |
[09:50] | Not Brooklyn, okay? | 反正不是布鲁克林口音 |
[09:52] | Okay. No… | 好的 不 |
[09:55] | Anyways, I asked Zack about it afterwards, | 总之 我事后问过扎克 |
[09:56] | and he said it was nothing, but it wasn’t. | 他说没什么 但肯定有什么事 |
[10:00] | Do you think you could describe this guy to our sketch artist? | 你能向我们的画像师描述一下这个人吗 |
[10:05] | So Lanie confirms no drug in his system, | 蕾妮确定了他体内没有药物 |
[10:08] | performance-enhancing or otherwise. | 或者兴奋剂什么的 |
[10:10] | And from the high levels of chloride ion in his blood, | 从他血液内高浓度的氯离子来看 |
[10:13] | she is sure that the burns came from chlorine. | 她能肯定那些灼伤是因为氯 |
[10:15] | Hmm. So our heavily accented killer | 我们有着重口音的凶手 |
[10:18] | rendered Zack unconscious with a chlorine-soaked rag. | 用沾满氯水的布将扎克弄晕了 |
[10:20] | We don’t know that he’s a killer. | 我们不确定他就是凶手 |
[10:22] | Is this the face of an innocent man? | 这是一个无辜的人的脸吗 |
[10:23] | He had a heated argument with our victim | 他在被害人被杀前一晚 |
[10:26] | the night before he was killed. | 和他有过激烈的争执 |
[10:27] | And what would his motive be exactly? | 那他的动机是什么呢 |
[10:28] | He… If… | 他…如果… |
[10:31] | I… may have a line on that. | 我或许有点线索 |
[10:33] | I’m looking at Zack’s financials. | 我查了一下扎克的财务状况 |
[10:35] | The guy only had a partial scholarship. | 这个家伙只得到了部分奖学金 |
[10:37] | He still paid for most of his tuition, | 他仍付得起大多数学费 |
[10:40] | books, and living expenses, | 书本费还有生活费 |
[10:41] | all without taking student loans. | 都没有依靠学生贷款 |
[10:43] | He didn’t have a job, and his mom was just squeaking by. | 他没有工作 而他妈也只能勉强度日 |
[10:46] | And NCAA rules | 全国大学体育协会的规定 |
[10:48] | preclude him from receiving any financial assistance | 禁止他接受除了他家庭之外 |
[10:51] | from outside his family. | 的任何经济支助 |
[10:52] | So where did he get that money? | 那他从哪里搞到的钱 |
[10:55] | You think maybe he borrowed money from the wrong guys | 也许他从错误的人那里 |
[10:56] | to finance his dream? | 借钱来资助他的梦想 |
[10:57] | And when he couldn’t make the payments, | 然后他还不了钱 |
[10:59] | they came after him. | 他们就解决了他 |
[11:01] | That would explain the argument. | 这就能解释那场争吵了 |
[11:03] | – Esposito. – We don’t even know that there was an argument, | -埃斯波西托 -我们都不知道有没有那场争吵 |
[11:05] | and the only evidence we have is a sketch of a man | 我们唯一的证据就是布丽吉特声称 |
[11:08] | that Bridget claims she saw. | 她看到的男人的画像 |
[11:11] | All right, thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[11:13] | Uniforms just got to Zack’s place. | 警员们到了扎克家 |
[11:16] | Looks like it’s been tossed. | 那看起来像被扫荡过一样 |
[11:18] | This place looks like my first apartment. | 这里就像我的第一个公寓 |
[11:20] | We used to have cockroach races. | 我们还举行过蟑螂赛跑 |
[11:23] | Wonder if that’s how Kafka got the idea. | 不知道卡夫卡的灵感是否来自于此 |
[11:29] | Looks like Zack didn’t do his chores. | 看来扎克并不做家务啊 |
[11:33] | Zack was killed and then his place gets trashed? | 扎克遇害接着他家就被翻过 |
[11:36] | Not a coincidence. | 这绝不是巧合 |
[11:39] | You think maybe this was part of a debt collection effort? | 你觉得这和讨债有关系吗 |
[11:42] | Well, then why’d they leave the tv and the laptop? | 那怎么没把电视机和笔记本电脑带走 |
[11:46] | Or the medical supplies. | 或者医疗器械 |
[11:48] | Dental pick. | 剔牙钳 |
[11:49] | You think plaque slows you down in the water? | 你觉得齿菌斑会让你游不快吗 |
[11:52] | They were looking for something specific. | 他们是有目的性的翻找 |
[11:54] | You don’t rip through a mattress | 除非其他地方都找过了 |
[11:55] | unless you’ve run out of places to look. | 否则不会还把床垫扯开来找 |
[11:57] | Maybe they didn’t find what they were looking for. | 他们可能没找到想要的东西 |
[12:00] | Maybe it’s still here, but it’s just too well hidden. | 那东西可能还在这 只是藏得太好了 |
[12:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:20] | Medication? | 药物吗 |
[12:21] | Only one thing I know of | 就我所知 只有一样东西 |
[12:22] | comes in little vials like that. | 是装在这种管形瓶里的 |
[12:25] | Anabolic steroids. | 合成代谢类固醇 |
[12:26] | Zack’s clean. | 扎克没有服药 |
[12:27] | Why would he have steroids? | 他怎么会有类固醇呢 |
[12:29] | Maybe he’s not as clean as we thought. | 也许他没有我们想象的那么干净 |
[12:45] | Yep, it’s steroids all right. | 是类固醇没错 |
[12:47] | I thought you said Zack wasn’t using steroids. | 我记得你说过扎克并没有服用类固醇 |
[12:50] | – The test wouldn’t pick up stuff like this. – Why not? | -测试检测不出来这个 -为什么 |
[12:53] | It’s loaded with masking agents and designed to beat the test– | 它里面含有掩蔽剂就是为躲过测试 |
[12:56] | virtually untraceable unless you look for it specifically. | 几乎找不到 除非你特意检测 |
[12:59] | – So he was using. – Nope. | -所以他有服用这个 -没有 |
[13:02] | I went back and tested for this, too. | 我也针对这个做了测试 |
[13:04] | Your boy is steroid-free. | 他没在服用任何类固醇 |
[13:06] | Well, if he wasn’t using steroids, | 如果他不用 |
[13:07] | then what was he doing with them? | 那怎么会有这些类固醇 |
[13:09] | Virtually undetectable? | 几乎检测不到吗 |
[13:10] | Where does a drug like that come from? | 这种药都哪来的 |
[13:12] | There’s been some talk about | 有传言说 |
[13:13] | a new beat-the-test performance-enhancing drug | 有种来自东欧某处的新药 |
[13:16] | being developed somewhere in eastern Europe. | 能让人成绩提升而且检验不出来 |
[13:18] | Eastern Europe… | 东欧… |
[13:20] | Home of the hard-to-identify accent. | 口音不明者的故乡 |
[13:24] | Given how great everyone says Zack was, | 想想大家都说扎克很优秀 |
[13:26] | this whole steroids thing just doesn’t make sense. | 这些类固醇的存在说不通啊 |
[13:29] | Well, we know he needed the money. | 他需要钱 |
[13:30] | If he wasn’t using, maybe he was dealing. | 如果他不用 就是拿来卖 |
[13:32] | Well, that definitely would’ve given him the cash needed | 这些肯定能给他足够的现金 |
[13:34] | to make ends meet. | 维持收支平衡 |
[13:35] | Yeah, but he only had a couple of vials. | 可他只有这么一点 |
[13:37] | Maybe he was low on inventory, | 也许他现在是存货偏低的时候 |
[13:38] | and the man Zack was arguing with, | 和扎克争吵的那个男人 |
[13:41] | our secretive Slav, he was the distributor. | 我们神秘的斯拉夫人是个分销商 |
[13:45] | If there even was a man. | 前提是那男人真的存在 |
[13:46] | For all we know, Bridget was lying. | 据我们所知 布丽吉特在说谎 |
[13:48] | Well, she wasn’t lying about her brothers. | 关于她兄弟 她说的是实话 |
[13:51] | I talked to all four of them, | 我和他们四个谈过了 |
[13:53] | one Irishman to another and another. | 爱尔兰裔男人间的交谈 |
[13:56] | Anyway, they alibied out. | 总之 他们的不在场证明都成立 |
[13:58] | They were in New Paltz when Zack was killed. | 扎克遇害的时候他们在新帕尔茨 |
[14:00] | – All of them? – Mm-hmm. | -全部吗 -没错 |
[14:01] | For what? | 在那干嘛 |
[14:03] | They were at a sporting event of a… sorts. | 他们在参加某种运动 |
[14:06] | Which was? | 这种运动是… |
[14:09] | Leprechaun toss. Don’t ask. | 小矮妖投掷 别问了 |
[14:12] | Anyway, the, uh, older brother, he got first place. | 反正 年长的得了第一 |
[14:15] | Oh, man. | 老天… |
[14:16] | Well, the merits of Irish culture aside… | 暂且不去吐槽爱尔兰文化的优点… |
[14:18] | – Hey! – Sorry. | -喂 -抱歉 |
[14:19] | Perhaps this suggests that Bridget was telling the truth | 或许这说明了关于神秘的爱沙尼亚人 |
[14:22] | about our elusive Estonian. | 布丽吉特说的是实话 |
[14:25] | I’ll run the sketch past narco and vice, | 我把素描图传给缉毒组和扫黄组 |
[14:27] | see if they recognize him. | 看是否有人认出他 |
[14:28] | Okay, and check if Zack was on their radar. | 再看看他们是否在留意扎克 |
[14:32] | And, Esposito, can you talk to Zack’s teammates | 埃斯波西托 你和扎克的队友们谈下 |
[14:34] | about the steroids, find out what they knew? | 类固醇的事 看看他们知道些什么 |
[14:37] | Zack would never touch steroids. | 扎克不会碰类固醇 |
[14:38] | None of us would. | 我们都不会这么做 |
[14:39] | Look, the fact of the matter is, | 事实是 |
[14:42] | Zack was clean, | 扎克没在用 |
[14:43] | but we found steroids at his place. | 可我们在他房间找到了类固醇 |
[14:46] | We’re just trying to figure out why. | 我们只想知道为什么 |
[14:47] | Are you saying you think Zack was a dealer? | 你是在说扎克卖那些东西吗 |
[14:49] | Look, it’s not enough that he’s dead. | 他死了还不够 |
[14:51] | Now you gotta drag him through the mud? | 你还打算给他抹黑吗 |
[14:52] | Let me tell you something about Zack Lindsey. | 我给你说说扎克·林赛好了 |
[14:54] | He was the heart and soul of this team. | 他是这个队伍的核心和灵魂人物 |
[14:56] | He was the person we wanted to be. | 是我们的榜样 |
[14:58] | So if you found drugs, they were there for another reason. | 如果你有发现药物 肯定是别的原因 |
[15:01] | Whatever the reason, he was up to something. | 不管什么理由 他肯定图谋不轨 |
[15:04] | Statements from three of his neighbors say that | 他三个邻居说 |
[15:06] | he was going out and staying out all night. | 他外出后彻夜不归 |
[15:08] | Yes, to the pool to train. We already know that. | 是去游泳池训练 这是我们已知的事实 |
[15:10] | Except half the time, he was leaving without his gym bag, | 但有一半时间 他没带运动包就出门了 |
[15:13] | so where was he going? | 那他是去哪儿了 |
[15:14] | I’m hoping that you’re asking that just for effect | 我希望你是已经有了答案 |
[15:17] | because you already have an answer. | 为作秀才这么问的 |
[15:19] | I-I got nothing. | 我不知道 |
[15:20] | Maybe you’re looking at it wrong. | 也许你查错了方向 |
[15:23] | Maybe the steroids have nothing to do with his murder. | 类固醇可能和这起谋杀没关系 |
[15:24] | Maybe they’re your red herring. | 它们只是在干扰你的调查方向 |
[15:26] | Alex, so glad you made it. | 艾利克斯 你来了我很高兴 |
[15:29] | Alex Conrad, please meet Detective Beckett. | 艾利克斯·康拉德 来见见贝克特探长 |
[15:31] | Detective Beckett, Alex Conrad, my protégé. | 贝克特探长 这位是我门生艾利克斯·康拉德 |
[15:33] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[15:34] | It’s a real pleasure, detective. | 是我的荣幸才对 探长 |
[15:36] | I have read “Heat Wave” And “Naked Heat” so many times, | 我读过好多次《希特热浪》和《赤裸希特》 |
[15:39] | I feel like I know you– | 觉得自己很了解你… |
[15:40] | the piercing intelligence, the self-assured beauty. | 你的聪明才智 美丽自信 |
[15:44] | Oh, um, thank you. | 谢谢你的称赞 |
[15:45] | Uh, so what were you saying about the steroids? | 你刚说类固醇什么 |
[15:49] | Well, nothing really. | 没什么特别的 |
[15:49] | I was just looking at the board, and I noticed | 我只是看着白板 注意到 |
[15:52] | that this swimmer kid, he’s caught between two worlds. | 这游泳的孩子和类固醇 仿佛是两个世界的事 |
[15:54] | Now if were writing the story, | 如果是在写小说 |
[15:56] | the steroids would just be a red herring, | 类固醇是用来分散注意力的 |
[15:58] | and the real killer | 而真正的凶手 |
[15:59] | would be someone from the old neighborhood. | 是以前的街坊邻居 |
[16:03] | Uh, yeah. But, hey, that’s just me. | 但这只是我的想法 |
[16:05] | Clearly I’m new at this. | 在这方面我还是个新手 |
[16:07] | Alex, don’t worry. It takes years of experience– | 别担心 艾利克斯 这需要时间来积累经验 |
[16:08] | No. No, you’re right. We don’t have any proof | 不会 你是对的 我们没有证据 |
[16:11] | that his has anything to do with the steroids. | 把他和类固醇联系起来 |
[16:13] | We’ve just been assuming. | 这一切都是我们的假设 |
[16:14] | We do need to look into zack’s old neighborhood as well. | 我们的确也要深入了解下扎克的街坊邻居 |
[16:17] | Seriously? I was helpful? | 你说真的 我帮上忙了吗 |
[16:18] | Yes. Yes, you were. | 是啊 你帮上忙了 |
[16:19] | Yes, but you probably have lots of questions, | 是的 你大概有很多问题吧 |
[16:21] | so we should get going. | 所以我们该走了 |
[16:23] | Hey, uh, if it’s not overstepping, | 如果这样不会越界的话 |
[16:25] | just in the interest of keeping it real, I was wondering | 就是为了让我的描写贴近现实 我在想 |
[16:27] | if I could ask you a few questions | 能问你几个问题吗 |
[16:28] | for the case I’m coming up with for “Seriously Dead”. | 是为了我《必死无疑》里的案子 |
[16:32] | Why don’t you just give me a buzz | 等你们俩谈完了 |
[16:33] | when the two of you are done? | 给我打电话吧 |
[16:37] | – I mean, if it’s okay with you. – Why wouldn’t it be okay? | -要是你不介意的话 -怎么会呢 |
[16:40] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[16:42] | It’s so not okay. After everything I’ve done for him, | 一点都不好 我为他做了那么多 |
[16:45] | he goes and tries to steal my Muse. | 他却要偷走我的缪斯 |
[16:47] | Muse thievery. What’s the punishment for that, | 盗窃缪斯罪 怎么惩戒这样的罪行呢 |
[16:50] | five to ten in mythology jail? | 在神话监狱关他个五到十年吗 |
[16:53] | Yes, you laugh. | 你们就笑吧 |
[16:54] | Go ahead. Laugh all you want. | 笑吧 尽情地笑吧 |
[16:56] | But now I finally know what Obi-Wan Kenobi felt like | 不过我现在终于能体会欧比旺·肯诺比 |
[16:59] | when Darth Vader turned on him. | 发现黑武士背叛他时的心情了 |
[17:01] | I shoulda seen this coming. You know what | 我该预料到的 你知道黑卒 |
[17:03] | – they’re calling him down at Black Pawn Publishing? -No. | -出版社叫他什么吗 -不知道 |
[17:06] | – Alex Conrad? – “The next Richard Castle.” | -艾利克斯·康拉德 -“下一个理查德·卡塞尔” |
[17:10] | – Oh. – Yes. | -天啊 -可不是嘛 |
[17:11] | I thought it was a compliment, but, no. | 我还以为是对我的褒扬呢 才不是呢 |
[17:12] | – He’s trying to replace me. – What are you gonna do? | -他是想取代我 -你要干嘛呀 |
[17:16] | I am going on to richardcastle.net, | 我要上理查德·卡塞尔个人网站 |
[17:21] | I am going to remove my glowing review of “Dead Serious”, | 把我对《千真万确》的溢美之词撤下来 |
[17:26] | and replace it with cover art for “Heat Rises”. | 换成《希特崛起》的封面 |
[17:30] | – That ungrateful little weasel… – Dad, you ever think | -那个忘恩负义龌龊小人 -老爸 你不觉得 |
[17:33] | that maybe you’re overreacting a teensy bit? | 你有点反应过激了吗 |
[17:36] | You ever think that maybe he admires you so much | 你有没有想过他可能是太崇拜你了 |
[17:38] | that spending time with Beckett is to understand you better? | 跟贝克特在一起也是为了进一步了解你呢 |
[17:43] | Don’t confuse me with your reasonableness. | 别用你的理性来扰乱我 |
[17:45] | I’m just saying… | 我就是想说 |
[17:47] | maybe he’s not the nefarious Muse-snatcher you think he is. | 或许他不是你想的那种穷凶极恶夺人缪斯的人 |
[17:51] | Maybe you should give him a chance. | 或许你该给人家个机会 |
[17:56] | Maybe… | 或许 |
[17:58] | you’re right. | 你是对的 |
[18:00] | Okay, great. Thank you for your cooperation. | 好的 谢谢你的配合 |
[18:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:07] | So Bridget McManus says that | 布丽吉特·麦克马尼斯说 |
[18:08] | Zack didn’t really run with the Bensonhurst crowd anymore, | 扎克早就不跟本森赫斯特那帮人混了 |
[18:11] | but she did give me a list | 不过她给了我一份名单 |
[18:13] | of all of his old neighborhood buddies. | 列出了他以前所有邻居伙伴 |
[18:16] | – Oh, how about I run it down? – Yeah, great. | -我来查查吧 -好呀 |
[18:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[18:26] | Muffins. | 小松糕啊 |
[18:27] | Alex Conrad sent them to me. | 艾利克斯·康拉德送给我的 |
[18:30] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[18:34] | “Thanks for last night.” | “昨晚的事多谢了” |
[18:35] | Guess you two got together last night. | 这么说你们俩昨晚小聚了 |
[18:37] | Yeah, we talked about procedure. | 是啊 我们谈了有关办案程序的问题 |
[18:40] | Oh, so… nothing special. | 那就是 没什么特别的事了 |
[18:43] | I don’t know. | 说不准 |
[18:44] | He said he was gonna use it all for his next book, | 他说会把学到的用在他下一本书里 |
[18:46] | – said next time he wants to talk about cases. – Next time? | -还说下次想谈谈案子 -还有下次 |
[18:49] | So something came up on our victim. | 我查到一些被害人的事情 |
[18:52] | – Not sure what to make of it. – About steroids? | -不知道该怎么解释 -是关于类固醇的吗 |
[18:54] | – No. – About our mysterious Moldavian? | -不是 -是关于那神秘的摩尔多瓦人吗 |
[18:56] | No, not that either. | 不 也不是 |
[18:57] | Vice and narcotics struck out on Zack and the sketch. | 扫黄组和缉毒组均没留意过扎克和东欧男 |
[18:59] | But I ran Zack’s fingerprints | 但是我在悬案资料库里 |
[19:01] | through the unsolved latent database. | 比对了扎克的指纹 |
[19:03] | His prints match a set | 他的指纹跟两周前 |
[19:04] | found on a car stolen in Queens two weeks ago. | 在皇后区失窃的一辆车上找到的相匹配 |
[19:08] | Who’s the owner? | 车是谁的 |
[19:08] | A Patricia Farrell. | 一位叫派翠西·法莱尔的 |
[19:10] | Name doesn’t ring a bell. | 没印象 |
[19:12] | I think I know… what these are about. | 我想我知道这是干嘛的了 |
[19:17] | It’s, um, a video I saw | 我看到过一段录像 |
[19:20] | on an underground web site a while ago. | 是前段时间在一个地下网站上看到的 |
[19:22] | Not surprising. | 知道这个我一点都不惊讶 |
[19:23] | Just watch. | 就看着吧 |
[19:27] | Here. | 这里 |
[19:37] | So that’s how Zack made tuition and rent | 扎克不工作也能赚到学费和房租 |
[19:40] | – all without a job. – Oh, Zack had a job all right. | -靠的是这个 -扎克可是有工作的 |
[19:43] | He was a car thief. | 他是偷车贼 |
[19:52] | Now we know how Zack made his money, | 现在我们知道扎克是怎么赚钱的了 |
[19:54] | why he was out all night… he was | 还有他晚上为什么出去 他是 |
[19:55] | – playing “Grand Theft Auto.” – Yeah, the live-action version. | -去玩”侠盗猎车手”了 -还是现实版的 |
[19:58] | Maybe he boosted the wrong car and got in trouble | 或许他是偷了不该偷的车 |
[20:00] | with the people he was working with. | 结果跟他的”同事”起了摩擦 |
[20:01] | Our lethal Lithuanian, perhaps? | 或许是那位”要命”的立陶宛人 |
[20:03] | Guess again, bro. | 猜错了 老弟 |
[20:04] | I ran the names of Zack’s pals from Bensonhurst. | 我查过扎克那些本森赫斯特的朋友 |
[20:06] | One of them has a prior for auto theft, a Thomas Marcone. | 有一个人有偷车的前科 叫托马斯·马克恩 |
[20:09] | Tommy Marcone? Bridget said that | 汤米·马克恩 布丽吉特说那是 |
[20:11] | that was zack’s best friend in high school. | 扎克高中时最好的朋友 |
[20:13] | Lots of car thieves run in pairs. | 很多偷车贼都是成双作案的 |
[20:16] | Let’s go to Bensonhurst. | 我们去一趟本森赫斯特吧 |
[20:18] | That’s it. Scanlon’s bar, | 就是那里 斯卡伦酒吧 |
[20:20] | Tommy Marcone’s unofficial hangout. | 汤米·马克恩常在那里闲晃 |
[20:23] | Looks like the neighborhood is mourning their local hero. | 看起来这儿的人在为他们的英雄哀悼啊 |
[20:26] | Yeah, well, at this point, I’m not sure that’s what he was. | 是啊 不过我现在不确定他还是不是英雄 |
[20:28] | Man born into hardship | 生于逆境 |
[20:30] | struggles to reach for something greater, | 努力上进 |
[20:32] | only he can’t escape the demons of his past. | 却躲不过往日的阴影 |
[20:34] | It’s “Oedipus,” it’s “The Godfather,” | 这是”俄狄浦斯” 是《教父》 |
[20:36] | “The Beverly Hillbillies”. | 《贝弗利山人》 |
[20:38] | It wasn’t that funny. | 不至于那么好笑吧 |
[20:39] | No, I’m sorry. I just got a message. | 不是 抱歉 我刚收到一条短信 |
[20:41] | From who? Conrad? It is, isn’t it? What did he say? | 谁发来的 康拉德吗 是不是 他说什么 |
[20:45] | Nothing. He just wants to know what | 没什么 他就是问问 |
[20:46] | – time I can meet up tonight. – And that made you laugh? | -今晚什么时候见 -这就能把你逗笑 |
[20:49] | Yeah. He’s funny. | 是啊 他很幽默 |
[21:02] | Tommy Marcone. | 汤米·马克恩 |
[21:04] | NYPD. | 纽约警局 |
[21:06] | You got the wrong guy. | 你们找错人了 |
[21:09] | Remember when? | 记得这个吗 |
[21:10] | You’re still on probation, aren’t you? | 你还在假释期 是吧 |
[21:13] | Got a couple of questions about Zack Lindsey’s murder. | 我有几个关于扎克·林赛谋杀案的问题要问 |
[21:16] | Why you gotta sweat me in front of the whole bar? | 你为何要在整个酒吧的人面前审我啊 |
[21:18] | What do you want me to do, take you downtown? | 那你想我怎么做 带你回局里吗 |
[21:20] | I know that the two of you | 我知道你们两个 |
[21:20] | – were stealing cars together. – You can’t prove that. | -曾一起偷车 -你没有证据 |
[21:23] | I know that the two of you were friends, | 我知道你们俩是朋友 |
[21:24] | I know that I’ve got Zack’s prints on a stolen car, | 我知道我在一辆被盗的车上查到扎克的指纹 |
[21:26] | and I also know that you have priors. | 我还知道你有前科 |
[21:29] | And since you two are friends, we thought | 既然你们俩是朋友 我们就想 |
[21:31] | maybe you’d care that Zack’s laying on a slab | 或许你不会对扎克的死无动于衷 |
[21:33] | and thought you might want to help him. | 会想要帮帮他 |
[21:34] | He’s dead. Ain’t nothing I can do now. | 他死了 我帮不上什么忙 |
[21:38] | Why don’t you tell me where you were | 你干嘛不说说你谋杀当日 |
[21:39] | between 1:00 and 5:00 a.m. the night of the murder? | 凌晨1点到5点在哪 |
[21:41] | You’re wasting your time. | 你在浪费时间 |
[21:44] | You ever see this man? | 你见过这个男人吗 |
[21:46] | No, and your watch is too expensive for a cop’s. | 没有 你的手表对一个警察来说太贵了 |
[21:48] | So, detective, who’s this guy? | 那么探长 这家伙是谁 |
[21:54] | He’s the guy buying a round for the house. | 他是为在座所有人买单的人 |
[21:58] | Tommy, if you know something, you should talk. | 汤米 如果你知道什么 你应该告诉我 |
[22:00] | Hey, everybody, a round for the house. | 各位 这轮酒我请客 |
[22:02] | In memory of Zack Lindsey. | 以此纪念扎克·林赛 |
[22:07] | Zack was a great kid. | 扎克是个好孩子 |
[22:09] | Everybody around here loved him, | 这里所有人都很喜欢他 |
[22:11] | Tommy included. | 包括汤米 |
[22:14] | well, the guy in the sketch | 素描上的人 |
[22:15] | is definitely Jimmy Lennon– | 肯定是吉米·伦农 |
[22:17] | Grand theft auto, | 重大盗窃车辆罪 |
[22:18] | conspiracy to sell stolen vehicles, | 串谋倒卖偷来的车辆 |
[22:21] | assault, assault with a deadly weapon. | 侵犯人身罪 使用致命性武器袭击他人 |
[22:23] | He immigrated to the U.S. when he was 28. | 28岁时移民至美国 |
[22:26] | But he was born Janusz Lenadovsky | 但是他出生于白俄罗斯明斯克的 |
[22:29] | in Minsk, Belarus. | 亚努斯兰纳戴夫斯基 |
[22:30] | Belarus. I knew it. That’s right next to Lithuania. | 白俄罗斯 我知道 就在立陶宛旁边 |
[22:35] | It says here that he owns an auto repair shop on Avenue U. | 这上面写着他在U大街拥有一家汽车修理店 |
[22:39] | Watch your backs on this one. This guy is dangerous. | 当心点 这家伙很危险 |
[22:53] | There. | 那里 |
[22:54] | Jimmy Lennon. | 吉米·伦农 |
[22:56] | NYP–hey! | 纽约…站住 |
[23:05] | Round up the others. Call burglary auto. | 将其他人抓起来 给汽车盗窃组打电话 |
[23:08] | Hey! Hey! NYPD! | 纽约警局 |
[23:12] | This is clean business. I fix these cars. | 这是合法生意 我是修车的 |
[23:14] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:15] | I bet the people who own them would be surprised to hear that. | 我打赌车主听到这话会非常吃惊的 |
[23:19] | Now I want to know about Zack Lindsey. | 现在我想知道有关扎克·林赛的事 |
[23:20] | I know not. | 我什么也不知道 |
[23:21] | Not the best three words to have | 从你嘴里说出的并不是 |
[23:23] | falling out of your mouth, Jimmy. | 我最想听到的话 吉米 |
[23:24] | I was half expecting “Moose” and “Squirrel”. | 我本期待他会说麋鹿和松鼠呢 |
[23:26] | You’re going to jail. How long depends on you. | 你会进监狱的 待多久就取决于你了 |
[23:28] | Jail in your country is vacation. | 你们国家的监狱就像度假村 |
[23:30] | Then I will make it very difficult. | 我会让它变成最烂的度假村 |
[23:33] | Here’s what I think–I think that Zack stole cars for you. | 我是这么想的 我认为扎克为你偷车 |
[23:37] | But he had bigger plans, and he told you he wanted out. | 但他有更好的打算 他告诉你他不想干了 |
[23:40] | You were worried he couldn’t keep his mouth shut, | 你担心他会告诉别人 |
[23:42] | so you threatened him | 所以你就威胁他 |
[23:43] | and told him, there’s no walking outta this. | 告诉他不能退出 |
[23:46] | And when he didn’t change his mind, you followed him | 他还是没改变主意 你就跟踪他 |
[23:48] | to the pool and you killed him. | 来到泳池边 然后杀了他 |
[23:50] | Is there anything you want to add to that? | 还有什么需要补充的吗 |
[23:55] | You should help yourself, Jimmy. This is your last chance. | 你要好自为之 吉米 这是你最后的机会 |
[24:01] | Swim for gold. | 为金牌而游 |
[24:03] | What? | 什么 |
[24:05] | There’s a car over there | 那边有辆车 |
[24:05] | with the license plate “SWM4GLD.” | 车牌是SWM4GLD |
[24:13] | This car is registered to a Brian Morris | 这辆车注册在康涅狄格州格林威治 |
[24:15] | Of Greenwich, Connecticut. | 布莱恩·莫里斯名下 |
[24:17] | Brian Morris. That’s one of Zack’s teammates. | 布莱恩·莫里斯 那是扎克的队友 |
[24:21] | That’s his main rival. | 那是他主要的竞争对手 |
[24:22] | So either Brian needed his engine rebuilt or… | 那么要么是布莱恩的引擎需要翻新了 |
[24:26] | Or this car is stolen. | 要么就是这辆车被偷了 |
[24:28] | So why would Zack steal Brian’s car? | 扎克为什么要偷布莱恩的车呢 |
[24:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:31] | But I know why it gave Brian a motive for murder. | 但是我知道布莱恩为什么有谋杀动机了 |
[24:35] | Those steroids we found in Zack’s apartment… | 我们在扎克公寓发现的类固醇 |
[24:37] | that he wasn’t taking | 他没服用的那些 |
[24:38] | maybe they’re Brian’s. | 也许是布莱恩的 |
[24:51] | Why you got me in here? I didn’t do nothin’ wrong. | 为什么让我来这里 我没做什么坏事 |
[24:53] | No? Zack’s rival on the swim team, | 没做吗 扎克在游泳队的竞争对手 |
[24:56] | Brian Morris. | 布莱恩·莫里斯 |
[24:57] | We found his sting Ray at the chop shop– | 我们在地下拆车厂发现了他的克尔维特跑车 |
[24:59] | the one you stole. | 你偷走的那辆 |
[25:01] | I don’t even know what that means. | 我都不知道那是什么意思 |
[25:03] | Zack’s prints were on it, and so were yours. | 车上有扎克的指纹 也有你的 |
[25:05] | So stop playing around. | 所以别装了 |
[25:08] | Why did you boost the car? | 你们为什么偷那辆车 |
[25:11] | Because Brian Morris is a silver-spoon-licking punk. | 因为布莱恩·莫里斯是一个装逼的富二代 |
[25:14] | He hated Zack for being a better swimmer. | 他恨扎克 因为扎克比他游得更好 |
[25:16] | Two weeks ago, he spiked Zack’s pregame meal | 两周前 他在扎克赛前餐里 |
[25:18] | to make him sick. | 偷偷下了药让他生病 |
[25:19] | Zack won the meet anyway. | 扎克还是赢了比赛 |
[25:20] | Didn’t take him long to figure out it was Brian, though. | 没多久他就知道是布莱恩搞的鬼 |
[25:23] | So you took the car out of revenge? | 你们偷那辆车是为了报复 |
[25:25] | “SWM4GLD” vanity plates– | “为金牌而游” 那种虚荣牌照 |
[25:27] | I mean, can you get any more douchey? | 要不要再土鳖一点啊 |
[25:29] | Brian’s up in Greenwich with his own training pool, | 布莱恩在格林威治有自己的训练泳池 |
[25:31] | private coaches, whatever he needs. | 私人教练 应有尽有 |
[25:33] | Meanwhile Zack’s stuck here, | 而扎克却被困在这里 |
[25:35] | boosting cars just so he can eat. | 偷车就是为了混口饭吃 |
[25:36] | ‘Cause he can’t take a nickel of outside money | 因为他不能拿别人的钱 |
[25:38] | or else he’s done. | 拿了他就完了 |
[25:39] | How did you find the steroids? | 你们是怎么找到类固醇的 |
[25:41] | You always search a car. | 一定要检查车子 |
[25:43] | You never want more than you bargained for. | 永远不要招惹自己招惹不起的 |
[25:44] | Like a dead mobster in the trunk? | 比如后车厢里死掉的黑手党吗 |
[25:46] | That stuff happens. | 那种事常有 |
[25:47] | We searched the car like always, | 我们像往常一样检查那辆车 |
[25:48] | Zack found a bag underneath the seat, | 扎克在车坐垫下面发现了一个包 |
[25:49] | and he knew right then and there, Brian was juicing. | 他当场就明白了 布莱恩在用药 |
[25:51] | Did Zack have any plans for this information? | 扎克对这个发现有什么打算吗 |
[25:53] | He hadn’t figured that out yet. Kind of a big deal, you know? | 他还没想好 这可是件大事 |
[25:56] | I told him he should turn that cheating bastard Brian in, | 我说他应该举报那个作弊的混蛋布莱恩 |
[25:58] | get his ass banned. | 让他禁赛 |
[25:59] | Guess he never got the chance. | 我猜他没得到机会 |
[26:02] | I guess not. | 是啊 |
[26:02] | Zack was supposed to be your friend, tommy. | 扎克是你最好的朋友 汤米 |
[26:05] | Why didn’t you tell us this from the start? | 为什么你一开始不告诉我们这些 |
[26:08] | I don’t know. Maybe… | 我不知道 也许 |
[26:10] | I was scared. | 我太害怕了 |
[26:13] | All right. Stick around. | 好吧 别出城 |
[26:15] | I’m not done with you. | 我还会找你 |
[26:17] | You recognize this, Brian? | 你认识这个吗 布莱恩 |
[26:19] | If it’s gonna be adversarial from the outset, detective… | 探长 如果一开始就是对抗式审判 |
[26:20] | How’s this for adversarial, counselor? | 用这个作为对抗式审判怎么样 律师 |
[26:23] | Zack Lindsey was killed after he found | 扎克·林赛在发现你委托人车上违法的 |
[26:25] | a cache of illegal steroids in your client’s car. | 类固醇后就被杀死了 |
[26:28] | A car he apparently stole. | 一辆显然是他偷走的车 |
[26:30] | And oddly enough, your son never, ever reported it… | 奇怪的是 你儿子从来没有举报过 |
[26:33] | She’s like a tiger in there. | 她在那就像只老虎 |
[26:34] | I never get tired of watching her. | 我永远都看不腻她 |
[26:36] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[26:37] | Seems like Alex Conrad feels the same way. | 貌似艾利克斯·康拉德也这么想 |
[26:39] | A classic car worth over 70 grand goes missing, | 一辆价值超过七万的古董车不见了 |
[26:42] | and you’re telling me that you had no idea it was gone? | 而你却告诉我你不知道它不见了 |
[26:46] | Why would I? I… I barely even drive it. | 我怎么会知道 我几乎没开过它 |
[26:49] | You knew that car was stolen. | 你知道那车被偷了 |
[26:52] | You didn’t want police to recover it. | 你不想要警察找到它 |
[26:54] | In case they found more of these. | 以免他们找到更多的这些 |
[26:56] | You have no proof of that. | 你没有证据 |
[26:57] | Zack could’ve planted steroids in Brian’s car. | 扎克可能是将类固醇栽赃到布莱恩车上 |
[27:00] | But he didn’t. | 但是他没有 |
[27:02] | You know, I think that Zack confronted you | 我认为扎克因为那些类固醇 |
[27:04] | about those steroids. | 而去找你当面对质 |
[27:05] | And you knew if he reported you, you could | 而你知道一旦他举报了你 你就要 |
[27:07] | kiss your Olympic dreams good-bye, and so you killed him. | 和你的奥林匹克梦说再见了 于是你杀了他 |
[27:10] | Brian, you killed Zack. | 布莱恩 你杀了扎克 |
[27:13] | And then you broke into his apartment | 然后你闯入他的公寓 |
[27:15] | and tried to cover your tracks. | 试图销毁你的罪证 |
[27:21] | To my recollection, | 据我回忆 |
[27:22] | at no point did Zack Lindsey and I discuss | 扎克·林赛和我绝对没有讨论过 |
[27:25] | any performance-enhancing substance. | 任何有关兴奋剂的事 |
[27:29] | And I have no idea who killed him. | 而且我也不知道是谁杀了他 |
[27:31] | Not a gold medal performance, Brian. | 布莱恩 你的表现可配不上金牌 |
[27:33] | Where were you between 1:00 and 5:00 a.m. | 案发当晚的凌晨1点至5点 |
[27:35] | the night of the murder? | 你在哪里 |
[27:36] | We’ve been over all this. | 我都说过多少遍了 |
[27:37] | I was at the practice pool at my parents’ house. | 我在父母家的游泳池练习 |
[27:40] | This DVD is from a camera mounted above the training pool. | 这张影碟是安在训练池上方的摄像机拍下的 |
[27:42] | It has the date and time running in the corner. | 上面有时间和日期 |
[27:44] | Easily altered. | 太容易伪造了 |
[27:45] | Furthermore, the Morris family and staff all swear | 此外 莫里斯家族和其员工都担保 |
[27:47] | Brian was at home, and I have affidavits. | 布莱恩那天在家 我有书面证词 |
[27:50] | I’m sure you do. | 你肯定有 |
[27:50] | So unless you’re charging my client, | 除非你要起诉我的当事人 |
[27:52] | we’re done here. | 否则我们告辞了 |
[27:56] | My son will go to the Olympics, | 我儿子一定会参加奥运会 |
[27:59] | and no one’s going to derail that, detective. | 谁也别想阻拦 探长 |
[28:04] | Brian had means, he had motive. | 布莱恩有作案手段 有作案动机 |
[28:06] | That’s at least two. | 满足了这两条 |
[28:08] | What about opportunity? | 那他作案的时机呢 |
[28:09] | Clearly, his father would do whatever it takes | 很明显 他父亲会不惜一切代价 |
[28:10] | to cover for him so he can keep on swimming. | 为他掩护 好让他能继续游泳 |
[28:12] | Well, with the kind of team Brian had, there’s no way | 布莱恩有这样的团队支持 |
[28:14] | we’ll be able to prove | 我们根本找不到证据 |
[28:15] | that he was at the U.N.Y. Pool. | 证明他在大学泳池出现过 |
[28:18] | Maybe because he wasn’t. | 也许他真的没出现过 |
[28:20] | Look what kind of guy Brian is–pampered, | 看看布莱恩这类人 |
[28:23] | protected, dominated by his father. | 被他父亲娇惯 保护和操控着 |
[28:25] | This is not a man of action. | 他可不是”实干家” |
[28:27] | So what are you suggesting? | 那你的意思是 |
[28:28] | That he’s not the kind of guy to get his hands dirty. | 他不会脏了自己的手 |
[28:30] | Maybe daddy cleaned up his mess. | 也许有老爸为他善后 |
[28:31] | Or he hired someone to do it for him. | 或者是买凶杀人 |
[28:33] | Ryan, can you look into the Morris’ financials? | 莱恩 你能查到莫里斯家族的财务状况吗 |
[28:35] | Look for large payments made around the time of the murder, | 查查案发前后有没有什么大额付款 |
[28:38] | especially cash withdrawals. | 尤其是现金支取 |
[28:40] | Already on it. | 已经查了 |
[28:41] | The dad is a Hedge Fund Manager, | 老爸是一个对冲基金经理 |
[28:43] | so you practically need an MBA to follow the money. | 要查他的财务 得找个工商管理学硕士 |
[28:46] | But there was something about the kid. | 但是孩子这有线索 |
[28:47] | There was a bond. | 有一笔担保的钱 |
[28:48] | As in bail bond? | 是保释金吗 |
[28:49] | As in savings bond. | 是储蓄金 |
[28:50] | Three days after Brian’s car was stolen, | 在布莱恩的车被盗后三天 |
[28:52] | he cashed in a savings bond in the amount of $25,000. | 他从储蓄金里提现2万5千元美金 |
[28:56] | That’s enough to hire a hit man. | 足够雇个职业杀手了 |
[28:57] | Especially in today’s competitive job market. | 尤其在当今这个竞争激烈的求职市场 |
[29:01] | Did Brian Morris cash that bond at Greenwich Federal Bank? | 布莱恩是从格林威治联邦银行里提现的吗 |
[29:03] | Matter of fact, he did. What do you got? | 是啊 你发现了什么 |
[29:05] | We just searched Thomas Marcone’s place. | 我们刚刚搜了托马斯·马克恩的住所 |
[29:08] | Found tools of the auto theft trade. | 发现了一些偷车工具 |
[29:10] | But we also found this. | 还有这个 |
[29:12] | That looks like 25 grand. | 看起来差不多有2万5美元 |
[29:13] | And guess where it’s from. | 猜猜是哪来的 |
[29:16] | Greenwich Federal Bank. | 格林威治联邦银行 |
[29:19] | I didn’t kill Zack. | 扎克不是我杀的 |
[29:20] | Tommy, it seems like every time | 汤米 似乎你每开一次口 |
[29:20] | you open your mouth, another lie falls out. | 就有一个新的谎言跑出来 |
[29:23] | But I’m not lying. | 我没说谎 |
[29:24] | Then why did you take 25 grand from Brian Morris? | 那你为什么收了布莱恩·莫里斯的2万5千块 |
[29:27] | A man you characterized as a “cheating bastard,” | 据我回忆 你管这个人叫 |
[29:29] | as I recall. | “作弊的混蛋” |
[29:30] | Okay, I may have gotten Zack killed, | 好吧 也许扎克的死是因为我 |
[29:32] | but not the way you think. | 但不是你们想的那样 |
[29:35] | It was blackmail. | 是勒索 |
[29:36] | You blackmailed Brian Morris. | 你勒索了布莱恩·莫里斯 |
[29:38] | Him being on steroids– | 他一直在用类固醇 |
[29:40] | Yeah, I figured that knowledge was worth something. | 我觉得这个信息很有价值 |
[29:42] | Was Zack in on this? | 扎克参与了吗 |
[29:43] | He woulda kicked my ass | 他要是知道了会把我 |
[29:44] | up and down 18th Avenue if he found out. | 一直踢到第18大街的 |
[29:46] | And been justified. | 踢你也是你活该 |
[29:47] | Look, Brian didn’t know me, and I figured, he wouldn’t pay | 布莱恩不认识我 我认为 |
[29:51] | if he got blackmailed by some anonymous mook. | 他不会把钱给一个匿名勒索的家伙 |
[29:53] | So you pretended to be Zack. | 所以你就假扮成扎克 |
[29:55] | I used the library computer and Zack’s e-mail account. | 我用图书馆的电脑登陆了扎克的邮箱 |
[29:58] | I emailed Brian | 给布莱恩发了封电邮 |
[29:59] | saying I had his ‘roids | 说我拿到了他的类固醇 |
[30:01] | and I was gonna rat him out | 说我要举报他 |
[30:02] | unless he put 25 grand into a paper bag | 除非他用纸袋装2万5千块 |
[30:05] | and left it underneath a bench at the quad. | 放在方院的长椅下面 |
[30:07] | When the coast was clear, I picked it up. | 等周围没人的时候 我把钱拿走 |
[30:11] | I never meant for anyone to get hurt. | 我无意伤害任何人 |
[30:18] | I’d like that phone call now. | 我想打那个电话 |
[30:21] | Okay, so Zack stole Brian’s stash | 扎克偷了布莱恩的车 |
[30:24] | and because of Tommy, | 但由于汤米 |
[30:26] | Brian thought that Zack… was blackmailing him. | 布莱恩以为是扎克在勒索他 |
[30:31] | Brian’s motive just keeps getting stronger and stronger. | 布莱恩的杀人动机真是越来越强烈了 |
[30:35] | Almost like it’s on steroids. | 就像打了类固醇一样 |
[30:40] | – Ms. Dinovi. – Tommy Marcone called, | -蒂诺威女士 -汤米·马克恩打电话 |
[30:42] | said you have him in here. | 说你们把他抓这来了 |
[30:44] | He said Brian Morris killed my son. | 他还说是布莱恩·莫里斯杀了我儿子 |
[30:45] | We don’t know all that. | 还不确定 |
[30:46] | We just know he’s a person of interest. | 他只是有嫌疑而已 |
[30:48] | So why didn’t you arrest him? | 那你们为什么不拘捕他 |
[30:49] | We don’t have enough to hold him. | 我们没有足够的证据扣留他 |
[30:50] | And he’s the son of a millionaire. | 还因为他是富翁的儿子 |
[30:52] | I bet that doesn’t hurt either. | 肯定跟这个脱不了关系 |
[30:53] | Around here, it’s about the evidence, | 在这里 讲求的是证据 |
[30:54] | not how fat someone’s wallet is. | 而不是谁的钱包有多厚 |
[30:56] | Yeah, well, I live in the real world, | 我活在现实世界里 |
[30:58] | and I know that boy’s family, | 我知道那男孩的家庭背景 |
[30:59] | and they’re gonna do whatever it takes to protect him | 他们定会不惜一切代价去保护他 |
[31:00] | because they can. | 因为他们有这个能力 |
[31:06] | Captain… Zack’s all I had. | 队长 扎克是我的全部 |
[31:10] | We can’t figure out if Brian is connected to the murder | 除非我们找到真凶 否则无法确定 |
[31:13] | until we find the real killer. | 布莱恩是否跟本案有直接联系 |
[31:14] | Then you’re gonna have to dig deeper. | 那你们就加把劲 |
[31:16] | If Brian and his family are involved, then there’s | 如果布莱恩和他的家人参与了本案 |
[31:18] | gotta be a connection, | 那其中必然有某种联系 |
[31:19] | and I want it found. | 给我找出来 |
[31:29] | All right, great. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[31:30] | We struck out again. | 这个线索也断了 |
[31:32] | The Morris’ house in Connecticut | 莫里斯家在康州的房子 |
[31:33] | is gated, and the security company says | 大门有警卫 保安公司说 |
[31:35] | that nobody left the night of the murder. | 案发当晚没有任何人外出 |
[31:37] | These guys have everything covered. | 他们的证供滴水不漏 |
[31:41] | What? | 什么 |
[31:42] | Zack’s e-mail account, | 扎克的邮箱账号 |
[31:43] | the one Tommy used to ask Brian for a donation? | 就是汤米用来勒索布莱恩的那个 |
[31:46] | The blackmail message was sent at 3:02 p.m. | 勒索信是下午3点零2分发出去的 |
[31:49] | You’d think that would’ve caused a flurry of telephone calls. | 你会以为那会引发布莱恩打很多电话吧 |
[31:52] | But he only made one call right after–3:19. | 但他只在3点19分后打了一通电话 |
[31:57] | That’s the father’s office in New York. | 是他父亲纽约的办公室电话 |
[31:59] | Do we have the dad’s records? | 有老爸的通话记录吗 |
[32:01] | Yeah, I got it right here. Starting at 3:21 p.m., | 我这有 从下午3点21分开始 |
[32:04] | Benjamin Morris made about a dozen phone calls, | 本杰明·莫里斯打了数十通电话 |
[32:07] | all to the same 2-1-2 number. | 全都拨的是2-1-2这个号码 |
[32:09] | Run it. | 查查 |
[32:13] | It’s a Dr. Rex Colabro. | 是雷克斯·克拉伯医生的电话 |
[32:15] | He’s got a sports medicine practice. | 他是从事运动医学行业的 |
[32:17] | He’s got a lot of big-time athletes as clients. | 有好多一流运动员都是他的客户 |
[32:20] | So Benjamin Morris finds out | 那么本杰明·莫里斯发现 |
[32:22] | that his son is being blackmailed, | 他的儿子被人勒索 |
[32:23] | and the one phone call he makes is to Dr. Colabro? | 却打电话给了克拉伯医生 |
[32:27] | The only reason that that would make sense is if… | 只有一个理由说得通 |
[32:29] | Dr. Colabro knew about the steroids, | 克拉伯医生知道类固醇的事 |
[32:31] | maybe even supplied them. | 说不定还是他提供的 |
[32:33] | I don’t supply steroids to anyone. | 我没向任何人提供过类固醇 |
[32:36] | Never have. Never will. | 从没有 也绝不会 |
[32:38] | I’ve seen the long-term damage they cause. | 我见过类固醇所造成的长期伤害 |
[32:40] | As far as I’m concerned, the stuff’s poison. | 在我看来 这玩意是毒药 |
[32:43] | And what about Brian Morris? | 那布莱恩·莫里斯呢 |
[32:44] | Is he a patient of yours? | 他是你的病人吗 |
[32:45] | That’s confidential information. | 这是保密资料 |
[32:50] | His father called you seven times in a 2-hour period on Tuesday. | 他父亲星期二在两小时内给你打了七通电话 |
[32:53] | What did the two of you talk about? | 你们聊了什么 |
[32:54] | That’s confidential as well. | 这也是保密资料 |
[32:56] | Dr. Colabro, your clientele | 克拉伯医生 你的客户 |
[32:58] | is mostly high-profile athletes. | 主要是知名运动员 |
[32:59] | How fast do you think they’ll abandon ship | 你觉得一旦他们发现你跟我们谈过 |
[33:01] | once they find out you’re talking with us about steroids? | 类固醇的事 会多快对你弃之不用呢 |
[33:03] | I’m guessing fast. | 我猜会很快 |
[33:05] | And when they find out it’s steroids and murder, | 而当他们发现谈的是类固醇和谋杀 |
[33:06] | it’ll jump to lightspeed. | 会以光速跑开 |
[33:08] | Murder? You think I’m mixed up in a murder? | 谋杀 你觉得我卷入了谋杀吗 |
[33:12] | I think that it would be in your best interest to help us. | 我觉得为了你自己考虑 最好帮助我们 |
[33:15] | Tell us what you and | 告诉我们本杰明·莫里斯 |
[33:18] | – Benjamin Morris talked about. – And point of fact… | -和你聊了什么 -而事实上 |
[33:20] | Brian was your patient, | 布莱恩是你的病人 |
[33:22] | but I’m guessing his father was not. | 但我想他父亲不是 |
[33:25] | So confidentiality really doesn’t apply. | 因此不适用于保密条例 |
[33:28] | How’s this? | 这样如何 |
[33:30] | Hypothetically… | 假设来说 |
[33:32] | Why would an overbearing father of | 一个类固醇使用者的专横父亲 |
[33:35] | a steroid-using swimmer call you? | 为什么会给你打电话 |
[33:38] | “Hypothetically”… | 假设来说 |
[33:40] | He might have asked how long a certain banned drug | 他可能是问某种违禁药 |
[33:42] | would remain detectable in someone’s system. | 在某人的身体里会残留多久 |
[33:45] | Worried his son would test positive. | 担心他儿子的药检呈阳性 |
[33:46] | And what else might have come up? | 还可能聊了什么呢 |
[33:48] | That the way an athlete can avoid testing | 运动员避免药检的方法 |
[33:50] | is if he’s injured and temporarily withdraws from the sport. | 是他因受伤而临时退出该项运动 |
[33:54] | Hypothetically. | 假设而已 |
[33:55] | Hypothetically. | 假设而已 |
[33:58] | I’ll get a warrant, | 我去申请搜查证 |
[33:59] | check Colabro’s office for steroids. | 看看克拉伯的办公室里有没有类固醇 |
[34:00] | You won’t find any. | 不可能有 |
[34:02] | Benjamin called in to concoct a strategy | 本杰明打电话来合谋对策 |
[34:04] | to protect Brian’s eligibility. | 以保住布莱恩的参赛资格 |
[34:06] | This is damage control not murder. | 这是损害控制 不是谋杀 |
[34:08] | Well, it looks like the strategy has been put into effect. | 看来这对策已付诸实施了 |
[34:10] | Brian quit the swim team, said he injured his shoulder. | 布莱恩以肩膀受伤为由退出游泳队 |
[34:13] | No swim team, no drug testing. | 不在游泳队 就不用药检 |
[34:15] | So I checked Lanie’s report on the steroids | 我把蕾妮关于类固醇的报告 |
[34:18] | against the file I got from vice. | 与从缉毒组拿到的资料做了对比 |
[34:20] | They intercepted a shipment of similar steroids | 发现缉毒组拦截过一批相似的类固醇 |
[34:22] | that came to New York from a lab in Romania. | 是从罗马尼亚的一个实验室运往纽约的 |
[34:24] | So let’s look into Brian’s life, | 查下布莱恩的生活圈子 |
[34:26] | see if there’s any connection to Romania. | 看看是否与罗马尼亚有任何联系 |
[34:27] | If we can find a connect, then hopefully | 如果能找到点联系 也许就能 |
[34:29] | we’ll be able to find Zack’s killer. | 找到杀死扎克的凶手 |
[34:31] | Kate, you ready? | 凯特 可以走了吗 |
[34:33] | Yeah. Um, let me just go get my purse. | 是啊 等我去拿包 |
[34:36] | You guys are going out again tonight? | 你们今晚又要出去吗 |
[34:38] | What can I say? She’s a wealth of information. | 我还能说什么呢 她让人灵感不断 |
[34:40] | You are lucky to have her. | 有她你真幸运 |
[34:41] | Yeah. Yeah, I am. | 是啊 我是幸运 |
[34:44] | Too bad about tonight, though. | 但今晚还是太遗憾了 |
[34:46] | Too bad how? | 怎么太遗憾 |
[34:47] | Well, it’s poker night. | 今晚是扑克之夜 |
[34:48] | Lehane and Connelly are in town. | 雷恩和康纳利来了 |
[34:51] | I thought you might want to join us, | 本想你若没其他安排的话 |
[34:53] | but if you have plans. | 就跟我一起去 |
[34:54] | No way. You’re– you’re inviting me | 不会吧 你是在邀请我 |
[34:55] | to your mystery writers’ poker night? | 参加你们悬疑作家的扑克之夜吗 |
[34:56] | Well, come on. You’re a mystery writer now, right? | 拜托 你现在不也是个悬疑作家了吗 |
[34:58] | Yeah, but those guys are legendary. I mean, uh– | 但那些人都是泰斗级的 |
[35:00] | Yeah, they are. | 是啊 他们是 |
[35:03] | Ah, well. If you’re unavailable… | 你没空就算了 |
[35:05] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[35:08] | Well, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[35:09] | Bingo. | 成功 |
[35:12] | Hang on a second. | 等我一下 |
[35:15] | Oh, yeah. They’re gonna love you. | 没错 他们会喜欢你的 |
[35:20] | – Gentlemen. – This the new guy? | -先生们 -这就是新来的吗 |
[35:22] | Alex Conrad, | 艾利克斯·康拉德 |
[35:23] | Michael Connelly, Dennis Lehane. | 认识下迈克尔·康纳利 丹尼斯·雷恩 |
[35:25] | It’s really awesome to meet you guys. | 见到你们真是太棒了 |
[35:26] | I am a, uh, huge fan. | 我是你们的狂热粉丝 |
[35:29] | It’s not a book signing, kid. We’re here to play poker. | 这不是签售会 孩子 是来打牌的 |
[35:33] | Right. | 对 |
[35:36] | That’s Cannell’s seat. | 那是坎内尔的位置 |
[35:39] | That’s the rule. | 有个规矩 |
[35:40] | We lose a member, nobody sits there for a year. | 我们失去一位成员 他的位置要空一年 |
[35:47] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[35:49] | So we were just talking about our books becoming movies. | 我们刚才在聊把小说拍成电影的事 |
[35:52] | Michael had “Lincoln Lawyer,” | 迈克尔有《林肯律师》 |
[35:53] | I had “Shutter Island,” Ricky has “Heat Wave.” | 我有《禁闭岛》 里奇有《希特热浪》 |
[35:57] | So what about your book, kid? | 你的呢 孩子 |
[35:58] | They gonna make it into a movie? | 有要拍成电影的吗 |
[36:00] | Oh, uh, not yet. | 还没有 |
[36:04] | So, Ricky, what’s going on with the dead swimmer? | 里奇 那个死了的游泳队员怎么样了 |
[36:06] | Treading water. Dennis, your bet. | 没什么进展 丹尼斯到你了 |
[36:09] | Well, it reads like a crime of passion to me. | 我觉得看起来像冲动犯罪 |
[36:10] | I bet the girlfriend did it. | 我打赌是他女朋友干的 |
[36:12] | The girlfriend? You’re kidding, right? | 女朋友 你开玩笑的吧 |
[36:15] | You move through the girlfriend no later than page 50. | 五十页之前你就得结束女友这条线 |
[36:18] | Yeah, the woman scored is like | 是啊 女性犯案简直是 |
[36:19] | the oldest rodeo clown in the book. | 悬疑小说里面的陈词滥调 |
[36:20] | Is he serious? | 他不是说真的吧 |
[36:23] | Oh, he’s “Dead Serious.” | 他认真的很[卡塞尔在恶搞艾利克斯的书名] |
[36:25] | Well, you know, I just thought we were– | 我只是想… |
[36:26] | How many books have you written? | 你写了多少本小说 |
[36:28] | Just the one. | 就一本 |
[36:30] | And this one book made you, like, a crime-solving genius, did it? | 而这本使你成为了破案天才 是吗 |
[36:32] | You know what I did after I wrote my first novel? | 你知道我写完第一本小说后做了什么吗 |
[36:35] | I shut up and I wrote 23 more. | 我闭上嘴 又写了23本 |
[36:40] | I can tell ya, a case like this, | 我告诉你 像这种案件 |
[36:42] | guilty party is usually the guy with the biggest secret. | 有罪之人通常都是秘密最大那个 |
[36:44] | You know, Dennis is right. | 丹尼斯说的对 |
[36:46] | Aside from Brian, who has the most to lose | 如果使用类固醇的事被曝光 |
[36:48] | if this steroid use gets out? | 除了布莱恩 谁的损失最大 |
[36:53] | You know, I think I might just know. | 我突然知道是谁了 |
[37:02] | This is ridiculous. | 真是荒唐 |
[37:04] | I was in my apartment in faculty housing that night. | 那天晚上我在教练宿舍里 |
[37:06] | You could just ask around. | 你可以随便问问 |
[37:07] | We know you were in your apartment that night. | 我们知道那天晚上你在房间里 |
[37:09] | Okay. So then why am I here? | 那为什么还要我到这儿来 |
[37:10] | Do you know what this is, coach? | 你知道这是什么吗 教练 |
[37:12] | Uh, yeah. Everybody in my business does. | 知道 干我们这行的都知道 |
[37:14] | But nobody on my team takes that stuff. | 但我队里没有任何人用这玩意 |
[37:15] | – Brian Morris does. – That’s not true. | -布莱恩·莫里斯用了 -不可能 |
[37:18] | Apparently, this is his steroid of choice. | 显然这是他特选的类固醇 |
[37:20] | It comes from Romania. I understand | 是从罗马尼亚来的 我知道 |
[37:21] | you’ve been to romania four times in the past two years. | 在过去的两年内 你去过四次罗马尼亚 |
[37:24] | My wife’s family is from Bucharest. | 我亲家来自布加勒斯特 |
[37:26] | So you’re trying to tell me, it’s just a coincidence? | 所以你是在告诉我这只是个巧合吗 |
[37:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:29] | So if I search your apartment and your office, | 就是说如果我搜查你的公寓和办公室 |
[37:31] | you’re telling me that I wouldn’t find any of these vials? | 我根本就找不到这种药瓶 |
[37:41] | You don’t understand. | 你根本不明白 |
[37:42] | Brian Morris was a lock to win it all. | 布莱恩·莫里斯生来就是胜利者 |
[37:45] | He had the body, he had the talent, the money | 他身体条件出众 天资过人 资金雄厚 |
[37:48] | to make himself the best. | 这些足以成就他 |
[37:48] | He’s the reason I came to coach at U.N.Y., | 他也是我来纽约大学执教的原因 |
[37:51] | But last year, Brian peaked, | 但是去年 布莱恩状态下滑 |
[37:53] | started fading at the ends of races, | 开始在比赛的最后时刻掉链子 |
[37:54] | and from outta nowhere, | 然后不知道怎么的 |
[37:55] | zack became the guy to beat. | 扎克就成了最好的 |
[37:56] | So you decided to give Brian an extra boost | 于是你就决定帮布莱恩一把 |
[37:58] | so he could catch up with Zack. | 让他追上扎克 |
[38:00] | Brian’s father came to me. | 布莱恩的父亲来找我 |
[38:01] | He asked if there was anything more I could do, | 他问我还有什么办法 |
[38:03] | he said he’d donate millions to the program | 他说如果我给出肯定的答复 |
[38:05] | if that answer was yes. | 就给项目捐款几百万 |
[38:06] | Yeah, but it wasn’t just about the money, was it? | 是啊 但是这不光跟钱有关 |
[38:08] | Every coach knows, | 每个教练都知道 |
[38:10] | he has to hitch his wagon to a star. | 他必须搭上一个明星才能出头 |
[38:12] | In fact, you’d done it before, with somebody very special. | 事实上 你跟一个特别的人就这么干过 |
[38:16] | Before going to U.N.Y., you were coaching in Wilmington. | 在来纽约大学之前 你曾经在维明顿任教 |
[38:19] | That’s right. So? | 对 那又如何 |
[38:21] | You ever give that same boost to your swimmers there? | 你有没有用同样方法帮了某位队员 |
[38:25] | They keep those old samples, don’t they? | 他们应该会留着那些样本吧 |
[38:33] | Oh, thank you so much for the interview. | 非常感谢你的访问 |
[38:37] | Detective Beckett, Mr. Castle. | 贝克特探长 卡塞尔先生 |
[38:38] | How goes the investigation? Any new leads? | 调查怎么样了 有新线索吗 |
[38:40] | Actually, we think we caught a break. | 事实上 我们找到了突破口 |
[38:43] | – Well, that’s great. – Mm-hmm. | -那真是太好了 -嗯 |
[38:44] | Yes, it is. Well, for everyone except you. | 是的 对其他人挺好 对你就不太妙了 |
[38:48] | I… I don’t– | 我…我不… |
[38:50] | Drop the act, Rob. | 省省吧 罗博 |
[38:52] | We know how you got to be the Rocket. | 我们知道你是怎么变成火箭的 |
[38:54] | Coach Rome told us about | 罗姆教练告诉了我们 |
[38:56] | how he gave you rocket fuel back in Wilmington | 早在维明顿他是怎么给你”加油”的 |
[38:58] | and didn’t stop until you went all the way. | 直到助你参加了奥运会都没有停手 |
[39:01] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么鬼话 |
[39:03] | I have never juiced. I have the test results to prove it. | 我从不作弊 有检测结果为证 |
[39:05] | Yeah, but they weren’t testing for the right thing. | 是的 但是他们检测的东西不对 |
[39:08] | We checked your blood samples | 我们检查了你最近一次 |
[39:10] | from the last gold medal race you won | 摘金比赛的血液样本 |
[39:11] | against the designer steroids | 与扎克在布莱恩车里发现的 |
[39:13] | that Zack found in Brian’s car. | 特制类固醇做了对比 |
[39:15] | It came back positive. | 药检呈阳性 |
[39:17] | There was a mistake. | 那一定是搞错了 |
[39:19] | And then off of that, we got a warrant | 凭借药检结果 我们拿到了搜查令 |
[39:21] | to search your hotel room, where we found | 对你酒店的房间进行了搜查 我们发现了 |
[39:23] | a shirt with chlorine on it–pure chlorine– | 一件衬衣上带有氯 纯氯 |
[39:26] | the kind that killed zack. | 杀死扎克的那种氯 |
[39:27] | We’re waiting for D.N.A. test results right now. | 现在我们正在等待DNA检测结果 |
[39:30] | No, I was at Buddha Bar the whole night. | 不对 我一整晚都在酒吧待着 |
[39:32] | And it was packed there. You could’ve easily slipped out | 那里人满为患 你可以轻而易举 |
[39:36] | and come back without anyone noticing. | 不引起任何注意的溜出去再赶回来 |
[39:42] | This is ridiculous. | 荒唐透顶 |
[39:43] | Why would I kill Zack? | 我为什么要杀扎克 |
[39:45] | Because when Zack found steroids in Brian’s car, | 因为当扎克在布莱恩车中发现了类固醇 |
[39:47] | He was conflicted about what to do. | 他不知如何是好 |
[39:49] | So he sought counsel | 所以他向一个 |
[39:50] | from the one guy he knew he could trust– | 他确信可以相信的人寻求建议 |
[39:54] | Captain America, chest full of medals, | 这个人是”美国队长” 战功赫赫 |
[39:56] | guy on the cereal box. | 全民偶像 |
[39:58] | Only you realized, | 只是你意识到 |
[39:59] | Coach Rome had given Brian the same steroids | 罗姆教练给你和布莱恩使用了 |
[40:02] | he had given to you. | 同样的类固醇 |
[40:03] | And you knew that if Zack talked, | 你也知道如果扎克说出去 |
[40:05] | you would be found out. | 你的事也就曝光了 |
[40:06] | They’d erase your name from the record books. | 他们会把你的名字从记录册上除去 |
[40:08] | They’d take away all your medals. | 还会收回你所有的奖牌 |
[40:09] | You would lose everything. | 你将一无所有 |
[40:12] | And there was no way you were gonna let that happen. | 而你绝不会让这些事情发生 |
[40:16] | Turn around. | 转过去 |
[40:19] | Take a long look, Rob. | 好好看看吧 罗博 |
[40:21] | Where you’re going… | 你要去的那个地方 |
[40:23] | I don’t think they have pools. Let’s go. | 我觉得那里可不会有泳池 走吧 |
[40:26] | You know, it is ironic– | 你说这真是讽刺啊 |
[40:27] | the one man zack thought he could trust–his mentor– | 扎克觉得他可以信赖的人 他的导师 |
[40:29] | turned out to be his killer. | 竟然成了杀他的凶手 |
[40:31] | Yeah, speaking of mentor, I heard that you guys | 是啊 说起导师 我听说你们 |
[40:34] | were pretty hard on Conrad last night. | 昨天晚上对康拉德很是严厉啊 |
[40:36] | Hard on him? | 对他严厉 |
[40:37] | No, no, it was just a little friendly hazing. | 才不是 只是有爱的调教他一下 |
[40:40] | To hear him describe it, it sounds like | 听他的描述更像是 |
[40:42] | someone was trying to teach him a lesson. | 某人要教训他一下 |
[40:44] | What? Why would I want to do that? | 什么 我为什么要那么做 |
[40:46] | Because you didn’t want him to spend time with me. | 因为你不想让他和我在一起 |
[40:48] | – That is completely– – True? | -这完全是… -真的 |
[40:54] | Yes. Fine. | 对 好吧 |
[40:56] | It’s true. I’m jealous. | 是真的 我嫉妒了 |
[40:58] | There. I said it. | 好吧 我承认了 |
[41:00] | I… | 我… |
[41:02] | I want you all to myself, | 我只想让你专属我一个人 |
[41:03] | and to have you spending time with another writer, | 而让你和另外一个作家在一起 |
[41:05] | that upsets me. | 让我很郁闷 |
[41:08] | If that makes me petty, so be it. | 如果这样显得我小气 那就小气好了 |
[41:11] | Guilty as charged. | 我就是小气 |
[41:16] | Actually, I kinda think it’s sweet. | 其实 我还觉得挺可爱的 |
[41:20] | You do? | 真的 |
[41:21] | I do. | 真的 |
[41:23] | And that’s why you don’t have to worry | 所以你完全不用再担心 |
[41:24] | about me hanging around with Conrad anymore. | 我跟康拉德在一起了 |
[41:26] | From now on, I am a one-writer girl. | 从现在起 我只专属于一个作家 |
[41:30] | I do feel kinda bad. | 我确实有点过意不去 |
[41:32] | He is my mentee after all. | 他毕竟是我的弟子 |
[41:34] | He really didn’t do anything wrong. | 他其实也没做错什么 |
[41:35] | I wouldn’t feel so bad. | 我才不会过意不去 |
[41:38] | And then he said, | 然后他说 |
[41:38] | “they used to do this to me for talking in class.” | “他们以前就是这么教训我上课说话的” |
[41:42] | Hey, since, uh, we, uh, closed the case, | 既然我们结案了 |
[41:46] | uh, we figured we’d take Conrad | 我们想带康拉德去赖克斯监狱 |
[41:47] | on a little field trip up to Rikers. | 来个小型实地考察 |
[41:47] | Yeah, I have a pretty heavy prison scene in “Seriously Dead,” | 我在《必死无疑》里面写了重口味的监狱场景 |
[41:50] | and I want to get all the facts right. | 我想尽量贴近现实 |
[41:52] | Will you still send me your writer’s draft? | 你还是会把手稿发给我的吧 |
[41:54] | Yes, as soon as I change the killer. | 当然 等我更改了凶手后 |
[41:57] | – Girlfriend? – Rookie mistake. | -真写的是女友啊 – 菜鸟级失误 |
[42:01] | – It was nice to meet you, Alex. – You, too. | -很高兴认识你 艾利克斯 -我也是 |
[42:03] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[42:04] | So… A dude can be a muse, right, bro? | 男人也能做缪斯 是不是 伙计 |
[42:08] | I mean, that’s not weird or anything, is it? | 我是说 也不是很怪 对吧 |
[42:11] | – No, it’s not weird. – No. Mnh-mnh. | -不 一点儿也不怪 -一点儿也不 |
[42:13] | Nah. Yeah. | 好吧 |
[42:16] | That’s a little weird. | 还是有点儿怪 |
[42:17] | Yeah. | 对 |
[42:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:24] | Always. | 随时效劳 |