时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I can’t believe you elbowed me in the face, D. | 你竟然用手肘撞我的脸 小戴 |
[00:06] | It was an accident, Charles. Come inside. | 那是意外 查尔斯 进来 |
[00:08] | I’ll get you an ice pack. | 我给你拿冰袋敷一下 |
[00:12] | Vicky, I’ve got Charles with me. | 薇琪 查尔斯来了 |
[00:16] | Vicky. | 薇琪 |
[00:17] | Damian. | 戴米安 |
[00:20] | Vicky. | 薇琪 |
[00:40] | I’m just saying, | 我是说 |
[00:41] | the first Valentine’s Day you spend with somebody | 两个人在一起过的第一个情人节 |
[00:43] | is important. | 是相当重要的 |
[00:44] | Yeah, but Lanie doesn’t care about that stuff, bro. | 是 但蕾妮不在意那些 哥们 |
[00:46] | All women care. Beckett, | 是女人就都在意的 贝克特 |
[00:48] | you and Josh– you got big plans for Valentine’s Day, right? | 你和乔什 你们都有节目了是吧 |
[00:50] | Josh is a surgeon. I’m a cop. | 乔什是外科医生 而我是个警察 |
[00:53] | In the unlikely event that we have a couple of hours free | 虽然周一晚上我俩都有空的可能性很小 |
[00:55] | on Monday night, we might go to dinner. | 但如果有空我们应该会共进晚餐 |
[00:57] | See? | 看见了吧 |
[00:59] | Hey, Castle. It’s Beckett. | 喂 卡塞尔 我是贝克特 |
[01:01] | Call me when you get this. | 听到留言请回电 |
[01:01] | Ooh, Castle’s gonna be sorry that he missed this one. | 错过这件案子卡塞尔一定会失望的 |
[01:04] | – Why? – Rich people, man. | -为什么 -关于有钱人的 |
[01:06] | Society murders are always the freakiest. | 公众人物谋杀案总是最变态的 |
[01:10] | The call came in about an hour ago. | 大约一小时前报的案 |
[01:12] | The owner of the house, Damian Westlake… | 房子的主人 戴米安·韦斯莱 |
[01:14] | says all was well when he left at 5:00 P.M. | 说他下午五点离开去找邻居 |
[01:16] | to meet his neighbor, Charles Utley, | 查尔斯·厄特利打篮球时 |
[01:18] | for a game of pickup. | 还一切正常 |
[01:19] | When the men returned at 6:00 P.M. | 当他们六点钟回来的时候 |
[01:21] | – Victoria Westlake was dead. – Murder weapon? | -维多利亚·韦斯莱就死了 -凶器呢 |
[01:26] | Nail gun. It’s over there. | 是钉枪 就在那儿 |
[01:30] | See? Told you. Freaky. | 看 就跟你说很变态吧 |
[01:34] | The back door was ajar. | 后门半掩着 |
[01:35] | Officers found what appears to be | 有警员发现房子后墙上有疑似 |
[01:37] | a gang tag on the rear wall of the building. | 帮派标志的图案 |
[01:39] | The paint’s fresh. | 是刚漆上去的 |
[01:40] | I’ll reach out to the gang unit, | 我去接触一下那个帮派 |
[01:41] | see if they can I.D. it for us. | 看看他们是否帮我们找出凶手 |
[01:43] | And I’ll talk with Mr. Utley. | 我去找厄特利先生谈谈 |
[01:46] | The Westlakes have a dog. | 韦斯莱家还有只狗 |
[01:47] | So if neighbors heard barking, | 如果邻居听到狗叫声的话 |
[01:49] | we might be able to pinpoint a timeline. | 我们就能确定案发时间了 |
[01:50] | We’ve canvassed, and nobody heard the dog. | 我们已经询问过了 没人听见狗叫声 |
[01:53] | The M.E. tentatively puts time of death | 法医暂时确定死亡时间 |
[01:54] | between 4:30 and 6:00. | 是在下午四点半到六点之间 |
[01:56] | 4:30,which means she might have been dead | 四点半 就是说她可能在她丈夫离开前 |
[01:58] | before the husband left the house. | 就已经死了 |
[02:00] | Where is Mr. Westlake? Thank you. | 韦斯莱先生在哪儿 谢谢 |
[02:08] | Mr. Westlake, I’m detective Kate… | 韦斯莱先生 我是探长凯特 |
[02:12] | Castle. | 卡塞尔 |
[02:15] | Castle, what are you doing here? | 卡塞尔 你怎么会在这儿 |
[02:17] | Damian Westlake is an old friend of mine | 戴米安·韦斯莱是我从寄宿学校开始 |
[02:19] | from boarding school. | 就认识的一个老朋友 |
[02:20] | He knows about my relationship with the NYPD. | 他知道我和纽约市警察局的关系 |
[02:23] | He just called me to give him some support. | 他刚打电话给我向我寻求帮助 |
[02:24] | Which is when you should’ve | 当时你就该打电话 |
[02:25] | – called me to let me know. – I just got here, | -通知我的 -我刚到 |
[02:28] | and I had no idea this would be your case. | 而且我根本不知道这件案子由你负责 |
[02:30] | Well, now that you do, | 那现在你知道了 |
[02:31] | is there anything you want to tell me | 有什么和案情相关的内容 |
[02:32] | that might be pertinent? | 要告诉我的吗 |
[02:33] | Uh, nothing. I’d never even met Vicky. | 没有 我甚至都没见过薇琪 |
[02:36] | But now at least I can tell Damian | 但现在至少我能告诉戴米安 |
[02:38] | the finest detective in New York City | 纽约市最好的探长正在调查 |
[02:39] | is working his wife’s case. | 他妻子的案子 |
[02:42] | Everything was fine when she left. | 她离开的时候还一切正常 |
[02:45] | The last thing she said to me was, “Have a good game.” | 她和我说的最后一句话是”玩得开心点” |
[02:48] | Mr. Westlake, do you know of anyone | 韦斯莱先生 你知道什么人可能会 |
[02:49] | that might have wanted to harm Vicky? | 想要伤害薇琪吗 |
[02:51] | No, everyone loved her. | 不知道 大家都爱她 |
[02:53] | Someone spray painted your back wall. | 有人在你家后墙上喷了油漆 |
[02:55] | Did you notice anyone suspicious | 你有注意到当你离开时 |
[02:58] | hanging out when you left? | 附近有可疑人物出现吗 |
[02:59] | No. Vicky shouldn’t even have been here. | 没有 薇琪本来就不该这时候在家的 |
[03:02] | She came home early from work with a headache. | 因为头痛她提前下班了 |
[03:05] | Hey. We’re gonna catch the guy who did this, okay? | 我们会把凶手抓到的 放心吧 |
[03:07] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[03:08] | What did she do for a living? | 她是做什么工作的 |
[03:09] | Interior design. | 室内设计 |
[03:11] | And you? | 你呢 |
[03:15] | Damian’s a writer. | 戴米安是个作家 |
[03:16] | Anything I might have read? | 有我可能读过的作品吗 |
[03:18] | No, I’ve never been published. | 没有 从来都没有发表过 |
[03:20] | – How long were the two of you married? – Five years. | -你们结婚多久了 -五年 |
[03:23] | And would you characterize your relationship as happy? | 你会用幸福来形容你们的婚姻生活吗 |
[03:25] | Whoa. Why would you need to ask that? | 为什么你要问这个 |
[03:28] | It’s all right, Ricky. | 没关系 里奇 |
[03:30] | I loved my wife very much. | 我很爱我妻子 |
[03:33] | She was my whole world. | 她是我的全部 |
[03:35] | Mr. Westlake, I’m sorry, | 韦斯莱先生 很抱歉 |
[03:36] | but I’m gonna have to ask you | 但我不得不问你一些 |
[03:38] | a few questions about the murder weapon. | 有关凶器的问题 |
[03:40] | Why would you need to | 为什么你要 |
[03:42] | ask him about the murder weapon? | 问他有关凶器的事 |
[03:44] | Castle. | 卡塞尔 |
[03:45] | The nail gun, was that yours? | 那把钉枪是你的吗 |
[03:47] | No. We’ve been doing some remodeling. | 不是 我们在做装修 |
[03:49] | Any tools in the house | 房子里的工具 |
[03:50] | – belong to the workmen. – Did you ever have any– | -都是工匠们的 -你们有没有 |
[03:52] | Were there ever any issues with these workmen? | 你们和工匠们有过争执吗 |
[03:54] | Yeah, uh, I overheard Vicky on the phone | 是的 上周五晚上我无意中听到 |
[03:57] | with someone last Friday evening. | 薇琪在电话里和什么人争吵 |
[03:58] | She told him he was fired | 她说他已经被解雇了 |
[04:00] | and he shouldn’t come back. | 不该再到这儿来 |
[04:00] | You know his name? | 你知道他叫什么名字吗 |
[04:01] | No, I asked her about it. She told me it was nothing. | 不知道 我问过她 她说没什么 |
[04:04] | Talk to Amber Patinelli. Amber works for vicky. | 去问安珀·帕丁丽吧 她是薇琪的员工 |
[04:08] | Look, if–if you don’t mind, I really need to call | 如果你们不介意的话 我要打电话通知 |
[04:11] | Vicky’s ex-husband Simon and her kids. | 薇琪的前夫西蒙 和她的孩子们 |
[04:14] | I’m sure the press is gonna be all over this, | 我想媒体一定会大肆报道 |
[04:16] | and I don’t want ’em to hear about it on television. | 我不希望他们是从电视上得知这件事的 |
[04:17] | – Of course. – Excuse me. | -当然 -我离开一下 |
[04:25] | Hey. Why are you mad at me? | 你干嘛冲我发火啊 |
[04:27] | I’m just looking out for my friend. | 我只是看望朋友而已 |
[04:28] | You challenged my authority in front of a suspect, Castle. | 你在嫌犯面前挑战我的权威 卡塞尔 |
[04:32] | Since when is Damian a suspect? | 什么时候戴米安变成嫌犯了 |
[04:34] | Right now everyone is. | 现在所有人都有嫌疑 |
[04:35] | You know that. That’s how I do my job. | 你知道的 这是我的工作方式 |
[04:37] | I will not have you get in the way | 我不会让你妨碍 |
[04:38] | – of an investigation. – I won’t. I won’t. I promise. | -我查案 -不会 我不会 保证 |
[04:41] | But now can we get on to | 但现在我们能不能讨论一下 |
[04:42] | real suspects, like workmen, | 真正的嫌疑犯 比如工匠 |
[04:43] | Like, uh, mystery gang members? | 比如神秘的帮派成员 |
[04:45] | Question away. | 立刻展开审问 |
[04:48] | Look, I promised Damian | 听我说 我向戴米安保证过 |
[04:50] | we would get the guy that did this. | 我们会找出凶手 |
[04:51] | Let me help you. Please. | 让我帮你 拜托了 |
[04:53] | Yo! Castle. | 哎哟这不是卡塞尔么 |
[04:56] | Hey, you made it. | 你赶上了 |
[04:57] | Yeah. So I talked with | 我和戴米安·韦斯莱的朋友 |
[04:59] | Damian Westlake’s friend, Charles Utley. | 查尔斯·厄特利谈过了 |
[05:02] | He said Damian was distraught | 他说当戴米安看到妻子的尸体时 |
[05:03] | when he found his wife’s body, | 几乎失控 |
[05:05] | but he also says that during their normally friendly game, | 但他提到当他们像平常一样进行友谊赛时 |
[05:08] | Damian was unusually tense and aggressive. | 戴米安表现出不寻常的紧张和侵略性 |
[05:11] | So maybe he shoots his wife, | 所以有可能他先朝妻子射钉 |
[05:12] | then goes to shoot some hoops, | 然后去打篮球 |
[05:13] | injures his friend, brings him inside to establish an alibi. | 弄伤他的朋友 带他进屋做不在场证明 |
[05:15] | You know, Vicky Westlake had an argument | 薇琪·韦斯莱星期五和一个工匠 |
[05:17] | with one of her workers on Friday. | 有过争执 |
[05:18] | A worker who, and I’m just speculating here, | 这个工匠 就我目前所推测 |
[05:20] | may have some experience with nail guns. | 是有经验使用钉枪的人 |
[05:23] | Maybe we should go run and check out that lead | 也许我们应该根据这条线索先查查清楚 |
[05:25] | before we rush to judgment on an innocent man. | 再对一个无辜的人做出草率的判断 |
[05:27] | I’m sorry. Is this you staying out of the way? | 打断下 这就是你说的不妨碍我工作吗 |
[05:29] | This is me simply making a point | 我只是想说 |
[05:30] | about remaining objective. | 还有其他的目标嫌疑人 |
[05:41] | Excuse me. Amber Patinelli? | 请问 你是安珀·帕丁丽吗 |
[05:43] | I’m detective Esposito. This is detective Ryan. | 我是埃斯波西多警探 这位是莱恩警探 |
[05:45] | We’d like to talk with you about Vicky Westlake. | 我们想和你谈谈薇琪·韦斯莱 |
[05:47] | Of course. Oh, my god. It’s just so terrible. | 当然 天哪 太可怕了 |
[05:50] | Vicky’s husband said that she had a fight | 薇琪的丈夫说她曾经和 |
[05:52] | with one of the workmen at her house. | 她房子里的一个工匠起过争执 |
[05:53] | She fired the carpenter, Morris Hasberg. | 她开除了木匠 莫里斯·哈斯贝格 |
[05:57] | Oh, my god. You don’t think that Morris did this? | 天哪 你们不会以为莫里斯是凶手吧 |
[05:59] | We’re looking at several suspects. | 我们正在调查几个嫌疑人 |
[06:02] | What did Morris do to get fired? | 莫里斯干了什么会被开除 |
[06:04] | He stole her engagement ring. | 他偷了她的订婚戒指 |
[06:05] | Vicky was afraid of getting mugged, | 薇琪担心会被抢劫 |
[06:07] | so she didn’t wear it much. Vicky looked for it | 所以她不常戴着 上周她在 |
[06:09] | in her jewelry box last week, and it was missing. | 首饰盒里找戒指 结果发现不见了 |
[06:12] | Jewelry box? | 放在首饰盒里吗 |
[06:13] | My fiance never takes her ring off her finger. | 我未婚妻从没把戒指从手上拿下来过 |
[06:15] | Is your fiance’s ring 11 carats? | 你未婚妻的戒指有11克拉吗 |
[06:18] | Morris was hired to make a cabinet for the master bath. | 莫里斯受雇为主浴室做橱柜 |
[06:21] | He was the only person in the bedroom. | 卧室里只有他一个人 |
[06:22] | Vicky told him, if he didn’t return the ring, | 薇琪说 如果他不把戒指交出来 |
[06:24] | she’d have to call the police. Morris went crazy. | 她就要报警 莫里斯疯了 |
[06:27] | – Crazy how? – He came to the house on Monday morning, | -怎么疯法 -星期一早上他来办公室 |
[06:30] | and he made a scene. | 大吵大闹 |
[06:31] | He said that if she didn’t stop telling lies, | 说如果她继续散播谣言 |
[06:33] | bad things would happen. | 事情就不会好看了 |
[06:36] | Morris Hasberg? | 莫里斯·哈斯贝格 |
[06:38] | Turns out the Westlakes’ carpenter | 看来韦斯莱家的木匠是在 |
[06:39] | learned his trade at Sing Sing, | 纽约州新新监狱里学的手艺 |
[06:41] | where he did eight to ten for armed robbery | 九十年代末他因武装抢劫在那儿 |
[06:42] | back in the late ’90s. | 待了十来年 |
[06:43] | Witnesses report seeing his truck in front of | 有目击者称案发当天见到他的货车 |
[06:46] | the Westlakes’ town house on the day of the murder. | 停在韦斯莱家的别墅前 |
[06:48] | Do I see two men jumping on | 两位打的这么火热 |
[06:49] | a hot workmen-related lead? | 莫非是为了那个工匠嫌疑人么 |
[06:53] | That sounded a lot dirtier than I–than I wanted it to. | 呃 这话说出来怎么感觉这么腐 |
[06:55] | – We’ll bring him in. – Okay. | -我们会把他带来的 -好的 |
[06:57] | Oh, actually, those were– those… | 等下 那咖啡是买给… |
[07:03] | See? I told you it wasn’t Damian. | 看 我早说凶手不是戴米安了 |
[07:05] | I never said it was. | 我从没说过他是 |
[07:07] | In fact, I would be very happy | 事实上 如果莫里斯是 |
[07:08] | if Morris was our guy. | 我们要抓的人的话 我会很高兴的 |
[07:10] | You have wrong guy. | 你们抓错人了 |
[07:11] | Morris, forensics came back on the nail gun. | 莫里斯 法医把钉枪送回来了 |
[07:14] | Your fingerprints are all over the murder weapon. | 报告显示上面都是你的指纹 |
[07:16] | I must use the nail gun for carpenter. | 我做木工时必须要用到钉枪 |
[07:19] | Well, then what was your truck | 那星期三你的货车为什么 |
[07:20] | doing parked on her street on Wednesday? | 会停在她家街上 |
[07:23] | She say come, uh, see her. | 她让我去见她 |
[07:26] | You expect us to believe | 你以为我们会相信 |
[07:27] | that Mrs. Westlake invited you back into her house | 在你偷了韦斯莱太太的戒指并威胁她之后 |
[07:30] | after you stole her ring and threatened her? | 她还会请你回到她的别墅吗 |
[07:32] | Mrs. Westlake, she found the ring. | 韦斯莱太太 她找到了戒指 |
[07:35] | She called to me and say to come there, | 她打电话给我让我过去 |
[07:38] | and then she say sorry to accuse. | 然后她为指责了我向我道歉 |
[07:41] | She cry. | 她哭了 |
[07:43] | She cry– she cried? | 她哭了吗 |
[07:45] | Is true. | 是真的 |
[07:47] | Hasberg’s alibi | 哈斯贝格的不在场证明 |
[07:49] | is truth. | 是真的 |
[07:50] | – Shut the front door. – C.S.U. inventoried the jewelry, | -扯蛋呢吧 -犯罪现场单位清点过首饰 |
[07:53] | and the engagement ring is there. | 订婚戒指在里面 |
[07:56] | But there were other prints on the weapon. | 但是凶器上还有别的指纹 |
[07:58] | Partials, but none of them are in the system. | 只是部分 都不在系统记录里 |
[08:00] | Okay, so what’s our new theory? | 好吧 有什么新线索 |
[08:02] | Who’s our new suspect? | 谁是我们新的嫌疑人 |
[08:05] | Oh, come on. Not Damian. | 算了吧 不会是戴米安的 |
[08:07] | Castle, bad guys | 卡塞尔 当坏人 |
[08:08] | breaking into houses bring their own weapons, | 带着武器闯进屋子时 |
[08:10] | dogs bark at strangers, | 狗是会冲着陌生人叫的 |
[08:12] | and over one-third | 而且超过三分之一的 |
[08:13] | of domestic female homicide victims | 家庭女性凶杀案的受害者 |
[08:15] | are murdered by their husbands. | 是被他们的丈夫所杀 |
[08:16] | I don’t care about statistics. | 我不管什么数据 |
[08:18] | I am telling you, Damian is not capable of murder. | 我告诉你 戴米安不会杀人 |
[08:22] | You know, I could say that about maybe three people | 告诉你吧 我人生至今为止只遇到过三个人 |
[08:24] | that I’ve met in my entire life. | 让我敢担保他们不会杀人 |
[08:25] | What is it about this guy that–that warrants | 这个人有什么地方可以让你如此 |
[08:28] | this unshakable faith that you have in him? | 坚定不移地担保他 |
[08:30] | When I was 14, my Mom sent me to Edgewyck Academy. | 我14岁时 妈妈送我去艾维克学院 |
[08:33] | I… I was homesick, and I didn’t have any friends, | 我想家 又没有朋友 |
[08:37] | so I wrote about it. | 所以我就把一切都记录下来 |
[08:39] | One day, I submitted a story to the literary magazine. | 一天 我向文学杂志投稿 |
[08:42] | Damian Westlake was the editor. | 戴米安·韦斯莱是编辑 |
[08:44] | And he published it. | 他登了你的作品 |
[08:45] | More than that. | 不止是这样 |
[08:47] | He called me down to his office, | 他把我叫到他的办公室 |
[08:48] | he sat me down, and he said, “Ricky…” | 他请我坐下 说”里奇” |
[08:54] | “You have a great talent.” | “你很有天赋” |
[08:59] | No one had ever said anything like that to me before. | 以前从没人对我说过那样的话 |
[09:02] | Damian, he encouraged me, he critiqued me, he… | 戴米安 他鼓励我 指导我 他 |
[09:07] | he always made me dig a little deeper. | 他帮我挖掘出更深层的自我 |
[09:13] | Without Damian Westlake, I’m a lawyer, | 没有戴米安·韦斯莱 我可能会成为律师 |
[09:16] | I’m a grifter, I’m a rodeo clown, | 骗子或者是放牧人竞技会上的小丑 |
[09:18] | but I am not a writer. | 总之我不会成为一个作家 |
[09:23] | Without him, I’m not me. | 没有他 就没有现在的我 |
[09:27] | Yo. I ran a standard background check | 我对戴米安·韦斯莱 |
[09:29] | on Damian Westlake. | 做了一个标准的背景调查 |
[09:31] | Turns out Vicky isn’t the first family member | 原来薇琪不是他第一个死于袭击的 |
[09:33] | – that he’s lost to violence. – You mean his father. | -家人 -你是指他的父亲吗 |
[09:37] | When Damian was 19, his father was killed | 戴米安19岁时 他父亲死在韦斯莱家 |
[09:40] | at the Westlake vacation home in Puerto Rico. | 位于波多黎各的度假屋里 |
[09:42] | Not killed, Castle. Murdered. | 不是自然死亡 卡塞尔 而是谋杀 |
[09:47] | And you didn’t tell us? | 你怎么没告诉我们这个 |
[09:48] | Tell you what? | 告诉你们什么 |
[09:50] | H-how is the tragic death of Damian’s father | 二十年前戴米安的父亲是 |
[09:53] | over two decades ago | 怎么惨死的 |
[09:54] | in any way relevant to this case? | 这和这件案子有什么关系吗 |
[09:56] | I’ll tell you how. | 我来告诉你有什么关系 |
[09:58] | The cops that were investigating that case | 调查那件案子的警察 |
[10:01] | named Damian as the prime suspect. | 将戴米安列为主要嫌疑犯 |
[10:17] | Castle, it’s one thing for you to look out for your friend. | 卡塞尔 讲朋友义气是一回事 |
[10:21] | It’s a completely different story | 但对我隐瞒重要线索 |
[10:22] | when you hide vital information from me. | 就完全是另外一回事了 |
[10:25] | I wasn’t hiding it. I just didn’t think it mattered. | 我没有想隐瞒 我只是觉得它不重要 |
[10:28] | You didn’t think it mattered | 你觉得戴米安曾是某起凶杀案的 |
[10:30] | that Damian was a suspect in a previous homicide? | 主要嫌疑人这件事不重要 |
[10:33] | I didn’t know he was a suspect. | 我不知道他是嫌疑人 |
[10:35] | And since he was never arrested, | 既然他从未被逮捕 |
[10:36] | and that case is still unsolved, | 而且那件案子一直没破 |
[10:38] | I’m guessing those cops have a lot of theories | 我认为那些警察有很多假设 |
[10:40] | and no evidence, like another detective I could name | 但却没有证据证明 就像某位现在 |
[10:42] | right about now. | 站在我眼前的警官这样 |
[10:43] | You know, if this was anybody else, | 如果这是别人 |
[10:45] | you’d be asking me | 你一定会在问我 |
[10:46] | why I hadn’t already slapped the cuffs on ’em. | 为什么我还没有把他们铐起来 |
[10:49] | But it isn’t anyone else. | 但这不是别人 |
[10:50] | And I’m telling you, | 而且我告诉你 |
[10:51] | you are way off base on this one. | 在这件案子上你错得离谱了 |
[10:53] | – What’s going on? – Mom and dad are fighting. | -怎么了 -老爸老妈吵架了 |
[10:55] | Who’s winning? | 谁占上风 |
[10:56] | We agreed that you would stay out of my way | 我们协商好了你在这件案子上 |
[10:58] | on this. Yes, but I did not agree | 不能干涉我 -没错 但我没同意 |
[11:00] | I would stand by and let you railroad my friend! | 我会袖手旁观让你们诬陷我的朋友 |
[11:02] | Castle, you are too close to this one. | 卡塞尔 这单案子你太感情用事了 |
[11:04] | You need to go home! | 你必需回家 |
[11:05] | Now! | 现在就回 |
[11:20] | -Yeah…-Thanks, Billy. | -没错 -谢谢你 比利 |
[11:21] | Really appreciate that. | 非常感谢 |
[11:23] | Yeah, as soon as possible. Thank you. | 好 我会尽快 谢谢 |
[11:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:28] | Let’s get ahold of Philip Westlake’s case file. | 我们看一下菲利普·韦斯莱案子的卷宗吧 |
[11:30] | I want to find out why no arrests were made. | 我想查出为什么当时逮捕他 |
[11:32] | And Vicky Westlake’s ex-husband, Simon Campbell, | 还有薇琪·韦斯莱的前夫西蒙·坎贝尔 |
[11:34] | let’s bring him in. | 把他带到局里吧 |
[11:42] | Sorry. I… I had to get outta there. | 不好意思 我必须出来透透气 |
[11:45] | I keep thinking I’m gonna hear Vicky’s voice | 我总感觉自己会听见薇琪说话 |
[11:47] | or I’m gonna come around the corner | 或者我走到拐角时 |
[11:48] | and see her curled up on the sofa. | 看到她蜷缩着躺在沙发上 |
[11:50] | Listen, Damian, I’m sorry. | 听着 戴米安 我很抱歉 |
[11:51] | Something’s come up in the investigation. | 调查中出了一点事 |
[11:54] | Your father’s murder…you were a suspect. | 你爸爸的谋杀案里 你是嫌疑人 |
[11:58] | Some creep broke into our house, | 一些疯子闯进了我家 |
[12:01] | robbed the place, and shot my father. | 洗劫一空 打死了我父亲 |
[12:04] | The cops decided on day one that it must have been me. | 警察从调查第一天起就认定我是凶手 |
[12:06] | Were you there? | 你当时在那吗 |
[12:07] | I was at college, 2,000 miles away. | 我在两千英里外的大学里 |
[12:11] | I know you and your father didn’t have | 我知道你和你父亲的关系 |
[12:13] | the, uh, the best relationship. | 不是太好 |
[12:15] | It only got worse after my mother passed away. | 我母亲去世后关系又恶化了 |
[12:18] | And when he died, you inherited… | 他死之后 你继承了 |
[12:20] | everything. | 所有财产 |
[12:23] | Detective Beckett thinks, I got away with murder once, | 贝克特警官认为 我曾经逃脱了一次谋杀 |
[12:26] | now I’ve done it again, doesn’t she? | 现在我又重操旧业了 对吧 |
[12:28] | Ah, Damian, you should’ve told me. | 戴米安 你本应告诉我的 |
[12:30] | I’m not a cop. I’m your friend. | 我不是警察 我是你的朋友 |
[12:32] | That’s right. You are. | 没错 你是我的朋友 |
[12:34] | Remember when you first came to edgewyck? | 记得你第一次来艾维克的时候吗 |
[12:36] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[12:38] | I was the one that told them to give you a chance. | 是我告诉他们给你一个机会 |
[12:41] | I’m looking for the same chance now. | 我现在也渴望一个这样的机会 |
[12:45] | Mr. Campbell, how did you get along with your ex-wife? | 坎贝尔先生 你和你前妻关系如何 |
[12:49] | Well, it was hard for a while. I was bitter. | 有一阵子不大好 我那时很痛苦 |
[12:52] | Vicky left me for him, you know? | 薇琪为了他离我而去 你知道吗 |
[12:55] | – Mm-hmm.- We had a home. | -嗯 -我们有家庭 |
[12:56] | We had two kids going into their teens, | 我们有两个进入青春期的孩子 |
[12:57] | and she fell madly in love with Damian Westlake | 她却不可救药地爱上了戴米安·韦斯莱 |
[13:00] | and left me. | 然后离我而去 |
[13:01] | And what did you know about him, about his past? | 你了解他吗 关于他的过去 |
[13:03] | I know he doesn’t work. Comes from money, I guess. | 我知道他没有工作 我猜他奔着钱来的 |
[13:06] | – Mm-hmm.- A typical spoiled child | -嗯 -典型的从被宠坏的小孩 |
[13:07] | that grew into a spoiled man. | 成长为一个娇纵浪荡的男人 |
[13:09] | I know Vicky regretted marrying him. | 我知道薇琪后悔嫁给了他 |
[13:11] | And why would you say that? | 为什么你这么说 |
[13:12] | Vicky’s business | 薇琪的店铺 |
[13:13] | is on the ground floor of our brownstone. | 在我们房子的一楼 |
[13:15] | I still live in the top two floors with the kids. | 我依然和孩子们住在上面的两层 |
[13:18] | I would see her every day, you know, singing a little tune | 我每天都能见到她 听见她哼哼小曲 |
[13:21] | or gazing fondly at some new bauble he had gotten her. | 爱不释手地看着他买给她的小玩意 |
[13:24] | Then lately, there was less | 没过多久她不怎么唱歌了 |
[13:27] | singing and more crying. | 哭声却增多起来 |
[13:30] | Monday, she told me she | 周一时 她告诉我 |
[13:31] | thought she had made a mistake. | 她觉得自己犯了个错误 |
[13:32] | We even talked about getting back together. | 我们甚至谈到了复合 |
[13:34] | What, you think it’s a coincidence | 难道你认为她两天后遇害 |
[13:35] | that two days later, she was dead? | 是个巧合吗 |
[13:41] | Richard, I thought you went to bed hours ago. | 理查德 我以为你早都睡觉了 |
[13:44] | Couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[13:45] | Couldn’t sleep because of your fight with Beckett | 睡不着是因为你和贝克特吵了一架 |
[13:47] | or because there’s a possibility | 还是因为你的老朋友戴米安 |
[13:50] | Your old friend Damian may be a double murderer? | 有可能是两起凶杀案的凶手 |
[13:53] | Both, and thank you for putting it so bluntly. | 都有 感谢你这么直言不讳地说出来 |
[13:56] | Richard, you know… | 理查德 |
[13:57] | Don’t. Don’t say it. | 别 别说出来 |
[13:59] | I know what you’re thinking, | 我知道你在想什么 |
[14:01] | ’cause I’m thinking it, too. | 因为我也在想这个 |
[14:03] | What are the chances Damian’s father and wife | 戴米安的父亲和妻子都因 |
[14:06] | are both murdered in home invasions, | 入室抢劫被害而他却与此毫无关系 |
[14:08] | but he had nothing to do with ’em? | 这可能性能有多大 |
[14:10] | So what do you think? | 那你怎么认为 |
[14:11] | I know, if he is guilty, | 我只知道 如果他是有罪的 |
[14:14] | I’ll need to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt. | 想说服我不仅仅需要一个合理的假设 |
[14:17] | I will need solid evidence, | 我得看到实实在在的证据 |
[14:19] | not just coincidence and speculation. | 不仅仅靠巧合和猜测 |
[14:22] | Have you ever known Beckett | 你难道见过贝克特 |
[14:23] | to settle for less than that? | 仅仅满足于巧合和猜测么 |
[14:25] | No. | 没有 |
[14:27] | Then I think you should face it, kiddo. | 我觉得你需要面对事实 孩子 |
[14:28] | You may owe that woman an apology… | 你欠那个女人一声道歉 |
[14:32] | especially if you want to stay on the case. | 特别是如果你还想调查此案的话 |
[14:39] | oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[14:43] | Can I give you a hand with that? | 我能帮你一把吗 |
[14:45] | I got it. | 我能搞定 |
[14:46] | You just…all you do… | 你只要… 把那个… |
[14:47] | Castle, I said I got it. Okay? | 卡塞尔 我说过我能搞定 好吧 |
[14:53] | What are you doing here? | 你来这做什么 |
[14:56] | When I told Damian | 当我告诉戴米安 |
[14:57] | the best detective in New York was working his wife’s case, | 纽约市最好的警官负责他妻子的案子时 |
[14:59] | I meant it, and I’m… | 我说的是真心话 |
[15:01] | I’m sorry to have doubted you. | 我很抱歉我曾经怀疑过你的能力 |
[15:04] | If you let me back, I promise, | 如果你让我回归 我保证 |
[15:06] | I will do my best to remain objective. | 我会尽全力保持一个客观的态度 |
[15:09] | Well, that might be harder than you think. | 这可能比你想象中要更难做到 |
[15:12] | The Westlakes’ financial records. | 韦斯莱家的财务报告 |
[15:15] | This is their prenuptial agreement, | 这是他俩的婚前协定 |
[15:17] | and it’s pretty clear that if they got divorced, | 上面明确说如果他们离婚 |
[15:19] | Damian would get nothing, but with her dead, | 戴米安一个子儿也得不到 但如果她死了 |
[15:21] | – he inherits $10 million.- Yes, | -他会继承一千万美元 -没错 |
[15:22] | but you’re forgetting that Damian is already rich… | 但你忘了戴米安已经很富有了 |
[15:24] | the money he got when his father died. | 他父亲死后继承的钱 |
[15:26] | When his father was murdered, | 是他父亲被谋杀后 |
[15:27] | and also, that money is gone. | 而且 那笔钱也已经花完了 |
[15:30] | Last of his cash, Damian spent wooing Vicky. | 戴米安用他的最后一笔现金来讨薇琪欢心了 |
[15:34] | He showered her with expensive presents… | 他用昂贵的礼物将她哄的团团转 |
[15:36] | the engagement ring, a tennis bracelet, diamond earrings. | 订婚戒指 手链 钻石耳环 |
[15:39] | And then by the time they got married, | 等到他们结婚的时候 |
[15:40] | Damian was tapped out of money. | 戴米安的钱全都花光了 |
[15:42] | Vicky was paying for all the bills. | 是薇琪付的所有账单 |
[15:43] | According to Damian’s credit card receipts, | 根据戴米安的信用卡收据 |
[15:45] | he spent her money on good scotch, | 他用她的钱买上等苏格兰威士忌 |
[15:47] | box seats, and cuban cigars. | 剧院头等包厢和古巴雪茄 |
[15:49] | Meanwhile, most of her charges are | 于此同时 她绝大多数钱 |
[15:50] | for her design business… | 花在她的设计事业上了 |
[15:51] | -APPRAISER, a rug place, REFINISHER… – so? | -一个叫鉴赏者的破地方 还有再塑者 -于是呢 |
[15:55] | So maybe Vicky got tired of being his A.T.M. | 也许薇琪厌倦了做他的提款机 |
[15:57] | Maybe she threatened | 也许她威胁他 |
[15:58] | to cut him off just like his father did. | 她要像他父亲那样与他断交 |
[16:00] | Castle, I read the | 卡塞尔 我看过 |
[16:01] | Philip Westlake case files. | 菲利普·韦斯莱案子的卷宗了 |
[16:02] | The cops were sure it was him. | 警察可以确定就是他干的 |
[16:04] | Yes, but they were wrong, just like you’re wrong now. | 没错 但他们错了 就像你现在也错了 |
[16:06] | Oh, I’m sorry. Is this you being objective | 抱歉 难道你这是在保持一个客观的态度吗 |
[16:08] | or is this you staying out of my way? | 还是在不干涉我的破案工作 |
[16:10] | This is me saying, | 我这是在说 |
[16:12] | maybe we could broaden our suspect pool a little bit. | 也许我们可以稍微扩大一下嫌疑犯的范围 |
[16:15] | Certainly there’s someone else we could be looking at. | 肯定有一些其他我们需要调查的人 |
[16:18] | I think I might be able to help with that. | 我觉得我可以帮上忙 |
[16:20] | The gang unit I.D.’ed the tag | 打黑小组查到了韦斯莱家 |
[16:21] | on the back wall of the Westlakes’. | 后墙上的符号 |
[16:23] | It’s a personal signature. The guy’s name is Omar Lincoln. | 是个人签名 那家伙的名字叫奥马·林肯 |
[16:26] | Please, please tell me he’s a very bad man. | 拜托了 告诉我他是个恶棍吧 |
[16:29] | Well, he did two years for assault with a deadly weapon | 他因2007年在一次入室抢劫中持械伤人 |
[16:31] | in a B&E in 2007. | 而坐了两年牢 |
[16:33] | Called the graffiti squad. | 已经给涂鸦治理小队打电话了 |
[16:35] | They’ve been tracking this guy. | 他们已经在追踪他了 |
[16:35] | Got a pop on his location. | 查到了他的下落 |
[16:37] | All right. Let’s go get this guy, huh? | 太好了 我们去抓这个人吧 |
[16:41] | – Okay, go. I got it.- Thank you. | -好 去吧 我明白了 -谢谢 |
[16:52] | Yo, Omar. | 喂 奥马 |
[16:54] | Come here. | 过来 |
[16:55] | NYPD, come on down. | 纽约警察局的 下来 |
[16:57] | So long, detective. | 好久不见 警官 |
[17:01] | Hey, wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[17:03] | NYPD! Stop the truck! | 纽约警察局的 快停车 |
[17:06] | Stop! Stop the truck! Stop! | 停车 停车 快停车 |
[17:09] | stop the truck! | 停车 |
[17:11] | Get down! | 下来 |
[17:13] | Yo, if this is about that dead rich lady, | 如果这是关于那个死去的富婆 |
[17:15] | I don’t know nothin’. | 我可什么都不知道 |
[17:18] | All right. Come on. Let’s go. | 好了 走吧 我们走吧 |
[17:26] | Okay, I was at the house, yeah. But I didn’t kill her. | 好吧 我确实在房子里 但是我可没杀她 |
[17:29] | Here’s what I think happened, Omar. | 我觉得事情是这样的 奥马 |
[17:30] | You were back there tagging the wall. | 你回到那面墙上涂鸦 |
[17:32] | Mrs. Westlake opens the door and sees you. | 韦斯莱夫人打开门看见了你 |
[17:35] | You shove her inside and | 你把她推到里面去 |
[17:36] | you grab the first weapon you find | 抓起你能找到的第一把武器 |
[17:37] | so that she doesn’t call the cops | 这样她才不敢报警 |
[17:39] | and you don’t get busted on your parole. | 而你也不会在保释期再次被抓 |
[17:40] | No, no. Look, I tagged the wall. | 不不 听着 我是在那扇墙上涂鸦了 |
[17:41] | Right after that, I hit the flower shop on 63rd. | 那之后 我去六十三大街的花店了 |
[17:44] | Owner sees me, | 店主看见我了 |
[17:45] | pulls a .38, | 掏出了一把0.38口径的枪 |
[17:47] | I get outta there hella fast. | 我就赶紧走掉了 |
[17:48] | – You could ask him. – What time was this? | -你们可以去问他 -那时几点 |
[17:50] | Quarter to 5:00, about. | 大约四点四十五 |
[17:51] | You make this vandalism charge go away, | 你们只要不以破坏公物罪起诉我 |
[17:54] | I’ll tell you fine detectives who did it. | 我就告诉你们这些勇猛的警探谁是凶手 |
[17:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:01] | – Her husband. – Ah, come on. | -她丈夫 -得了吧 |
[18:03] | Castle. | 卡塞尔 |
[18:06] | All right, Omar, talk to me. | 好吧 告诉我奥马 |
[18:08] | I heard them two fighting. | 我听见他们两个吵架了 |
[18:09] | I mean, beezy had her park avenue on. | 整条公园大道都能听到那娘们的声音 |
[18:12] | “You’re a liar. You’re a thief. | “你是个大骗子 你是窃贼 |
[18:14] | I’m sorry I ever met you. I want a divorce.” | 我真后悔当初遇见你 我要离婚” |
[18:16] | If I was him, I woulda killed her, too, | 我要是他 我也会杀了她 |
[18:18] | just to shut her up. | 就为了让她把嘴闭上 |
[18:20] | I… I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[18:24] | Don’t write that. | 这句话别写上去 |
[18:25] | I can’t believe you’re taking Omar Lincoln at his word. | 我不敢相信你竟然相信了奥马·林肯的话 |
[18:28] | I’m taking the word of Dan Samuels, | 我是相信丹·萨缪尔斯的话 |
[18:29] | who confirms, at 4:50 P.M., he was at his flower shop | 他证实下午四点五十的时候 他在他的花店 |
[18:33] | pointing a .38 at Omar Lincoln, | 拿一把0.38口径的枪指着奥马·林肯 |
[18:35] | and that Omar ran north, | 之后奥马向北跑去 |
[18:36] | which is in the opposite direction | 这正好是和韦斯莱家 |
[18:37] | of the westlakes’ townhome. | 相反的方向 |
[18:38] | Yes, but maybe he doubled back… | 没错 但他也许又折回来… |
[18:40] | Omar says that he overheard the Westlakes | 奥马说他无意中听到韦斯莱一家 |
[18:41] | having a knock-down-drag-out, | 发生了激烈的争吵 |
[18:43] | and that she used the “D” Word. | 而且她提到了离婚 |
[18:44] | Damian told us that things were fine between them | 戴米安告诉我们他们俩没有矛盾 |
[18:46] | and that the last thing that Vicky said to him | 薇琪对他说的最后一句话是 |
[18:48] | was “have a good game.” | “好好玩吧” |
[18:49] | – They had a fight. – Married people fight. | -他们吵架了 -两口子没有不吵架的 |
[18:51] | Well, then why did Damian lie to us about it? | 那为什么戴米安要对我们撒谎 |
[18:53] | Maybe he was afraid you’d, I don’t know, | 也许他害怕你 |
[18:54] | suspect him of murder. | 把他列为犯罪嫌疑人 |
[18:56] | Or maybe he was afraid | 或许他害怕 |
[18:57] | that we’d figure out what the fight was about. | 我们查出来吵架的原因 |
[18:59] | These are Damian’s credit card charges. | 这些是戴米安的信用卡消费记录 |
[19:02] | Yeah, we went over those. | 没错 我们查过了 |
[19:03] | Uh, cigars, scotch, box seats. | 雪茄威士忌剧院头等包厢什么的 |
[19:04] | This is a different card. Took us a while to find it | 这是另外一张卡 费了点劲才找到 |
[19:07] | because Damian paid the | 因为戴米安是用他的 |
[19:09] | bill from a pocket account, | 私房零花钱账户结的账 |
[19:10] | and he kept it a secret from Vicky. | 他将此事瞒着薇琪 |
[19:11] | And given the charges, | 根据消费记录 |
[19:12] | I’m sure he’s keeping other secrets. | 我很肯定他还隐瞒了其他事 |
[19:14] | There’s a florist, some jewelry store at the mall, | 有一个花店 还有购物中心里的几家珠宝店 |
[19:17] | and he rented a playroom at the varick club | 他还在男性俱乐部租了一间娱乐室 |
[19:19] | – at least once a week. – What’s in a playroom? | -每周至少去一次 -娱乐室里面有什么 |
[19:22] | Not much more than a bed. | 顶多就是一张床什么的 |
[19:25] | Yes, I’m a member. | 没错 我也是俱乐部的会员 |
[19:27] | So why would Damian rent a bed | 那戴米安为什么在城里有一座好房子的 |
[19:29] | when he had a nice big town house? | 情况下还要租一张床呢 |
[19:32] | There’s gotta be a..a reasonable explanation. | 肯定会有一个合乎情理的解释 |
[19:36] | Well, let’s go see if we can find it. | 那让我们看看能不能找到吧 |
[19:41] | Mr. Castle, welcome back. It’s been a long time. | 卡塞尔先生 欢迎回来 好久不见 |
[19:44] | Yes, well, I’ve been, uh, working a lot. No time for play. | 没错 我最近有点忙于工作 没时间玩 |
[19:48] | Ah. We’re actually here about | 我们这次来这其实 |
[19:48] | another one of your members. | 是关于另一位会员的事 |
[19:50] | Damian Westlake. | 戴米安·韦斯莱 |
[19:52] | Apparently he would come here often, rent a playroom. | 很显然他经常来这 租了一间娱乐室 |
[19:55] | I should probably get my supervisor. I.. | 我也许得给主管打个电话 我… |
[19:58] | Callie, it’s okay. You can tell us. | 凯莉没关系 你可以告诉我们 |
[20:00] | Was Damian meeting someone here? | 戴米安在这和某人约会吗 |
[20:04] | We’re not supposed to get involved with members, | 我们本不应该干涉会员的私事 |
[20:06] | especially married members. | 尤其是已婚会员 |
[20:09] | But Damian… | 但戴米安 |
[20:10] | We couldn’t help it. We fell in love. | 我们情不自禁坠入情网 |
[20:15] | Did he tell you that he planned on leaving his wife? | 他有说过要离开他妻子吗 |
[20:18] | Did he tell you about the problems with the money? | 他有告诉你关于钱的问题吗 |
[20:21] | N-no. Uh, Mrs. Westlake did. | 没有 但韦斯莱夫人告诉我了 |
[20:25] | You spoke to Mrs. Westlake? | 你跟韦斯莱夫人谈过了 |
[20:27] | She came to the club Wednesday morning. | 她星期三上午过来的 |
[20:30] | She said that she had figured it out, about Damian and me, | 说她已知道戴米安和我的私情 |
[20:33] | and she wanted to warn me. | 她想警告我 |
[20:35] | About what? | 警告什么 |
[20:36] | Mrs.Westlake said that, she was going to leave Damian, | 韦斯莱夫人说她要离开戴米安 |
[20:38] | and then he wouldn’t have any money. | 他一分钱也得不到 |
[20:40] | She said he couldn’t live without money, | 她说他没有钱就活不了 |
[20:41] | so he would find someone else. | 因此他会再找一个 |
[20:43] | You know, a woman who could support him. | 可以养他的女人 |
[20:44] | And did you tell Damian | 你有告诉戴米安 |
[20:46] | about the conversation you had with his wife? | 你和他妻子的谈话吗 |
[20:49] | And what did he say? | 他对此说了什么 |
[20:51] | He said he loved me | 他说他爱我 |
[20:53] | and that nothing would keep us apart. | 什么也不能将我们分开 |
[20:56] | Then I heard about Mrs. Westlake on the news. | 接着我就在新闻上听到韦斯莱夫人出事了 |
[21:00] | Did you talk to Damian | 在你听到戴米安妻子的谋杀案后 |
[21:01] | after you heard about his wife’s murder? | 你有和他谈过吗 |
[21:04] | Just once. | 只谈过一次 |
[21:06] | He said we couldn’t see each other for a while, | 他说我们近期不要见面了 |
[21:08] | until things calmed down. | 直到一切风平浪静后 |
[21:11] | He told me that he didn’t do it. | 他说不是他干的 |
[21:14] | But then he said, you know, if the cops ask me, | 但他又说 如果警察问起他 |
[21:16] | that I should say that we weren’t together… | 我得说我们没有在一起 |
[21:19] | That it could make him look bad. | 否则这对他很不利 |
[21:23] | What am I supposed to think? | 我该怎么想呢 |
[21:35] | Callie’s alibi checks out. | 凯莉的不在场证据证实了 |
[21:38] | She was at work on Wednesday until 7:00 P.M. | 她周三一直工作到晚上7点 |
[21:40] | Uniforms are bringing Damian in now. | 警员正带戴米安过来 |
[21:43] | Look… | 听着 |
[21:45] | Maybe Damian is a cheater | 也许戴米安是个白眼狼 |
[21:47] | and a bum and a bad husband. | 拆白党 黄世仁 |
[21:49] | – Maybe? – But that doesn’t make him a killer. | -也许吗 -但这并不意味他是凶手 |
[21:52] | And you keep looking at me | 你这样看着我 |
[21:54] | like I’m crazy for believing in him, | 好像我疯了才相信他 |
[21:55] | but that’s just because you don’t know him. | 但这只是因为你不了解他 |
[21:58] | Castle, neither do you. | 卡塞尔 你也不了解他 |
[22:00] | The Damian that you think you know doesn’t exist. | 你自认为了解的戴米安并不存在 |
[22:04] | You made him up, | 他是你臆造的 |
[22:05] | just like you made up Derrick Storm, | 就像你臆造的德里克·斯道姆 |
[22:07] | just like you made up Nikki Heat. | 也像是你臆造的妮基·希特 |
[22:10] | He’s a character in a story that you told yourself | 他只不过是你14岁时思家心切 |
[22:14] | when you were a homesick 14-year-old little boy. | 所创造出来的一个故事人物 |
[22:18] | Maybe it’s time to let him go. | 也许是时候让他离开了 |
[22:29] | You can watch from observation. | 你可以在观察室看 |
[22:30] | You don’t want to be in there for this. | 你也不会想在场的 |
[22:42] | You know, people keep telling me I should hire a lawyer. | 人们总跟我说该请个律师 |
[22:44] | I say, I’m innocent. I-I shouldn’t need a lawyer. | 我说我是清白的 我不需要律师 |
[22:47] | If you’re innocent, Mr. Westlake, why is it | 如果你是清白的 韦斯莱先生 |
[22:49] | every time I turn over a rock in this case, | 为什么每一次我翻看这件案子 |
[22:52] | some dirty secret of yours slithers out? | 总能发现一些龌龊的秘密 |
[22:55] | I didn’t do this. | 我没杀人 |
[22:56] | That’s what you said to the cops in Puerto Rico, too. | 你在波多黎各也是这么跟警察说的 |
[23:00] | Isn’t funny how you keep finding yourself | 总让自己深陷同样的窘境 |
[23:02] | in the same situation, telling the same stories? | 说着同样的故事 不可笑吗 |
[23:07] | I’ve got a story, too. You want to hear it? | 我也有个故事 想听听吗 |
[23:09] | My story is about a handsome little prince | 一个英俊的小王子 |
[23:13] | who only ever wanted to live well, | 只想过锦衣玉食的生活 |
[23:15] | so he killed his dad, the king, | 所以他杀了自己的父亲 就是国王 |
[23:16] | and he stole all of his gold, and he spent it | 偷了他所有的金子 |
[23:21] | and he spent it until it was all gone. | 花啊花 直至挥霍一空 |
[23:23] | I didn’t marry Vicky for her money. | 我不是为了钱才娶薇琪的 |
[23:27] | I loved her. | 我爱她 |
[23:28] | And what about Callie? | 那凯莉呢 |
[23:30] | Told you, Damian. We talked to her. | 戴米安 我们跟她谈过了 |
[23:32] | She said that you were in love with her | 她说你爱的是她 |
[23:34] | and that you told her | 你还告诉她 |
[23:36] | that you wanted the two of you to be together. | 你想和她在一起 |
[23:39] | Vicky was leaving you soon. | 薇琪很快就会离开你的 |
[23:41] | You’d be free to have your happily ever after. | 然后就可以自由享受你们的幸福了 |
[23:44] | But there’s just one problem. | 但有个问题 |
[23:46] | Once again… You were out of gold. | 再一次 你身无分文 |
[23:49] | Vicky stood between you and a fortune. | 薇琪阻碍了你的财路 |
[23:51] | And we know what happens to people when they do that. | 我们都清楚 人为了钱会不择手段 |
[23:55] | You were the last one to see her alive. | 你是她生前最后一位见到的人 |
[23:57] | You were the only one with motive. | 你是唯一有动机的人 |
[23:59] | But I didn’t kill her! | 但我没杀她 |
[24:17] | Damian Westlake, | 戴米安·韦斯莱 |
[24:17] | you are under arrest… | 你以谋杀维多利亚·韦斯莱 |
[24:18] | You’re making a mistake. | 你搞错了 |
[24:19] | for the murder of Victoria Westlake. | 的罪名被逮捕 |
[24:20] | – You have the right to remain silent. – I didn’t do this. | -你有权保持沉默 -我没杀人 |
[24:23] | You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot… | 你有权请律师 如果你请不起 |
[24:30] | Alexis up and gone already? | 阿丽克西斯起来走了 |
[24:31] | Oh, yeah. She wanted to | 是啊 她想在小提琴课之前 |
[24:33] | window shop before her violin lesson. | 去商店展柜看看过个眼瘾 |
[24:34] | It’s her first valentine’s day with Ashley, | 这是她和阿什利的第一个情人节 |
[24:36] | – and she’s feeling the pressure. – Ah, yes. | -她倍感压力 -是吗 |
[24:40] | She wants a gift that says “I love you,” | 她想要个礼物表明我爱你 |
[24:42] | But nothing that says, | 但没有什么可以表明 |
[24:44] | “I love you more than life itself. | 我爱你胜过一切 |
[24:46] | Please don’t leave me or I may die.” | 请别离开我 否则我活不下去 |
[24:47] | Well, that’s why you guys go | 所以你们这些人 |
[24:49] | for the chocolates and the flowers. | 就买巧克力和花 |
[24:51] | I wish the choice I had to make today was so simple. | 我今天做的决定要是能这么简单就好了 |
[24:53] | I realized, I have the choice | 我意识到 |
[24:54] | to believe in two terrible things. | 我得在两件可怕的事情中选择一样 |
[24:56] | Either Damian is a killer | 要么相信戴米安是凶手 |
[24:58] | or Beckett’s arrested an innocent man. | 要么相信贝克特逮捕了一位无辜者 |
[25:02] | Just thinking about it’s making my head hurt. | 想想就头疼 |
[25:04] | Well, then forget your head. Listen to your heart. | 那就不要想 倾听自己的心声 |
[25:25] | Ricky. | 里奇 |
[25:28] | I keep thinking back to when I was a senior. | 我一直回想起我高中时 |
[25:31] | You were off at Harvard. | 你从哈佛辍学 |
[25:32] | You’d send me pages you were working on for your novel, | 你寄给我你写的小说 |
[25:34] | and they were good, Damian. | 写得很好 戴米安 |
[25:36] | Man, you had talent. Why’d you throw it away? | 你才华横溢 却为什么放弃了 |
[25:39] | Ah, you were the writer, Ricky, not me. | 里奇 你才是作家 我不是 |
[25:42] | I didn’t have anything to say. | 我无话可说 |
[25:44] | After I inherited all that money, | 在我继承财产后 |
[25:45] | I just didn’t even want to try anymore. | 我甚至都不想再写了 |
[25:47] | But when I look back at my life, | 但当我回顾过去的时候 |
[25:48] | I hope you won’t mind | 希望你别介意 |
[25:49] | if I list you as one of my few accomplishments. | 我把你当成我的一项成就 |
[25:54] | You should’ve told me about Callie. | 你应该告诉我凯莉的事 |
[25:59] | I swear to you, I didn’t kill my wife. | 我向你发誓 我没杀我妻子 |
[26:06] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:07] | Can you think of anything we might have overlooked, | 你能想想我们还遗漏了什么 |
[26:09] | anything that might speak to your innocence? | 任何能证明你无罪的线索 |
[26:11] | I slept in, I went to the gym, | 我起晚了 去了健身房 |
[26:14] | I had lunch in a cafe on the west side. | 在西区咖啡店吃了午餐 |
[26:16] | When I got home, Vicky was already there. | 当我回到家 薇琪已经在家了 |
[26:18] | She had been to see Callie. | 她见过凯莉了 |
[26:20] | We fought–god–for hours. | 我们吵了很久 |
[26:22] | She said she wanted a divorce. | 她说她要离婚 |
[26:23] | Yeah, she–she showed me an envelope | 是的 她给我看了一个信封 |
[26:26] | and said there were papers inside that her lawyer | 说里面装着律师起草好 |
[26:27] | had drawn up for her to sign. | 等她签名的文件 |
[26:29] | She was gonna end the marriage. | 她要结束这场婚姻 |
[26:32] | I begged her to reconsider, | 我乞求她重新考虑 |
[26:34] | and she asked me to leave. | 但她叫我离开 |
[26:35] | She needed to think. | 她需要想想 |
[26:36] | You said Vicky gave you an envelope? | 你说薇琪给你一个信封 |
[26:39] | What’d it look like? | 长什么样 |
[26:42] | I gotta get back to my route. | 我还得回去工作 |
[26:43] | Just five minutes, I promise. | 只要5分钟 我保证 |
[26:46] | Ah. Hello, hello. | 你好 你好 |
[26:47] | Castle? | 卡塞尔 |
[26:48] | Everyone, this is Blanca. | 各位 这是布兰卡 |
[26:51] | Hola. Que estas haciendo aqui? | 你好 您来这里有何贵干 |
[26:52] | Este loco me hizo venir conmiel. | 是这个疯小伙子把我拉来的 |
[26:54] | Ah. Lo siento. Buena suerte. | 很抱歉 祝你好运 |
[26:57] | Yeah, I don’t– I don’t know what… | 没错 我不懂你说什么 |
[27:00] | So first of all, | 首先 |
[27:02] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[27:03] | Damian and Vicky did have a fight the night she died. | 薇琪死的当晚 戴米安的确和她吵过架 |
[27:06] | And she did tell him she wanted a divorce. | 她的确说过要离婚 |
[27:08] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[27:10] | She showed him a large manila envelope full of papers | 她亮出一个大信封 装满了 |
[27:12] | from her lawyer that she was going to sign. | 她即将签字的法律文件 |
[27:15] | An envelope with legal papers? | 装有法律文件的信封 |
[27:17] | There wasn’t anything about this in the C.S.U. Report. | 鉴证组的报告没提这事 |
[27:19] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[27:19] | Blanca, please tell them what happened to it. | 布兰卡 请告诉他们发生了什么事 |
[27:22] | Then I could go back to my route? | 然后我就可以回去了 |
[27:24] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[27:24] | I was delivering the mail on Wednesday afternoon. | 我星期三下午正在送信 |
[27:27] | As I made my way up 69th towards park, I passed | 当我沿着69街往公园方向走时 |
[27:29] | Mr. Westlake and Mr. Utley. I said hello. | 遇到韦斯莱和厄特利先生 打了招呼 |
[27:31] | They said hello back. A couple of minutes later, | 他们也向我问好 几分钟后 |
[27:33] | I get to the Westlakes’ residence, the door opens, | 我来到韦斯莱家 门开了 |
[27:35] | Mrs. Westlake comes running out | 韦斯莱夫人跑出来 |
[27:38] | and hands me a large manila envelope. | 给我一个大信封 |
[27:39] | She said she wanted to make sure | 她说要确保 |
[27:40] | it went out in that day’s mail. | 和当天的信件一起寄出去 |
[27:42] | Wait a minute. So you’re positive | 等等 你确信 |
[27:43] | that you saw Mrs. Westlake after you saw Damian? | 你见到戴米安后见到韦斯莱夫人 |
[27:45] | Lady, I couldn’t be more sure. | 女士 我再确信不过了 |
[27:47] | – Anything else? – No, that’s it. Thank you. | -还有其他吗 -就这些 谢谢 |
[27:50] | – Then I’m leaving now. – Of course. | -那我走了 -当然可以 |
[27:52] | Thank you, Blanca. | 谢谢你 布兰卡 |
[27:56] | So… Vicky was alive after Damian left the house. | 戴米安走后 薇琪还是活着的 |
[28:00] | and he was with Charles Utley | 他一直和查尔斯·厄特利在一起 |
[28:01] | until they came back and found her dead. | 直到他们回来发现她死了 |
[28:03] | Which means… | 也就是说 |
[28:05] | Damian couldn’t have killed her. | 戴米安不可能杀她 |
[28:08] | Got it. | 收到 |
[28:10] | The D.A.’s office just kicked Damian Westlake loose. | 检察官刚把戴米安·韦斯莱放了 |
[28:12] | And they weren’t too happy about it either. | 他们对此也不是太乐意 |
[28:13] | Sir, if Westlake didn’t do it, | 长官 如果不是韦斯莱杀的 |
[28:15] | then he hired someone else to do it for him, | 那就是他雇凶杀人 |
[28:17] | – Just like he did the last time. – Wasn’t it you that said | -一如他之前的手法 -你不是说 |
[28:19] | that bad guys always bring their own weapons? | 坏人总是亲自动手吗 |
[28:21] | Not when they want it to look | 当他们想伪装成 |
[28:22] | like a push-in robbery gone wrong. | 入室抢劫时就不是这样 |
[28:23] | What about the dog that didn’t bark? | 那狗没叫又怎么解释 |
[28:24] | He got the dog used to the guy. | 他让狗熟悉这个人 |
[28:25] | Come on. You just can’t get over the fact | 得了吧 你就是抓住 |
[28:27] | That Damian was a person of | 戴米安是他父亲谋杀案 |
[28:29] | interest in his father’s murder. | 的嫌疑人不放 |
[28:30] | I won’t ignore the fact that there is a pattern here. | 我不能忽视这里有个作案模式 |
[28:33] | People close to this guy seem to die violently. | 和这家伙亲近的人死的很惨 |
[28:35] | Or maybe someone is using Damian’s tragic past | 也许是有人利用戴米安悲惨的过去 |
[28:38] | to frame him for Vicky’s murder. | 陷害他杀了薇琪 |
[28:39] | Now there’s another suspect right in front of you | 现在有另一个嫌疑人摆在你面前 |
[28:41] | that you’re not even looking at–someone who had motive, | 你连看都不看 他有动机 |
[28:44] | Means, and opportunity. | 手法和时机 |
[28:46] | And that would be whom exactly? | 那人到底是谁呢 |
[28:49] | Simon Campbell | 西蒙·坎贝尔 |
[28:50] | Vicky’s ex-husband. | 薇琪的前夫 |
[28:52] | Think about it. | 想想看 |
[28:53] | Abandoned, cuckolded Simon– | 被甩又被戴绿帽子的西蒙 |
[28:55] | do we really know this guy? | 我们了解他吗 |
[28:56] | Do we have any idea what he’s capable of? | 我们了解他的能力吗 |
[28:58] | Well, do we? | 我们了解吗 |
[28:59] | All the evidence points to Damian. | 所有的证据都指向戴米安 |
[29:00] | Yes, but wouldn’t that evidence be less conclusive | 是的 但如果戴米安没有旧谋杀案缠身 |
[29:02] | if Damian didn’t have this | 证据还会像 |
[29:03] | old murder hanging over his head, | 现在这么确凿吗 |
[29:05] | or better yet, if there was proof that Philip Westlake | 或者更好是 若有证据显示菲利普·韦斯莱 |
[29:08] | Was killed by a random intruder? | 是被入室窃贼杀死的呢 |
[29:10] | Castle, there isn’t any proof. | 卡塞尔 没有证据 |
[29:12] | Not yet, there isn’t. | 还没有证据 |
[29:14] | Since you can’t see through the cloud of suspicion | 既然你不能拨开围绕戴米安的疑云 |
[29:16] | surrounding Damian, I’m gonna clear the air. | 那我来拨开云雾见青天吧 |
[29:18] | I’m gonna solve Philip Westlake’s murder, | 我要破掉菲利普·韦斯莱的谋杀案 |
[29:21] | prove my friend didn’t do it. | 证明我的朋友没杀人 |
[29:22] | Meanwhile, you can check out Simon Campbell. | 与此同时 你可以查查西蒙·坎贝尔 |
[29:26] | I need to go to the D.A. with something solid. | 我需要确凿证据去找检察官 |
[29:28] | Can you prove Westlake hired somebody to off his wife? | 你能证明韦斯莱雇凶杀死他妻子吗 |
[29:31] | I just need a couple of days. | 我需要一些时间 |
[29:37] | So what’s our next move? | 那我们下一步该怎么办 |
[29:40] | If Damian hired someone to kill Vicky, | 如果戴米安雇凶杀死薇琪 |
[29:41] | then there’s a money trail. | 肯定会有钱财线索 |
[29:42] | I’ll find it. | 我去找找 |
[29:43] | Meanwhile, you guys look into Simon Campbell. | 与此同时 你们去查查西蒙·坎贝尔 |
[29:48] | I’m sure he’ll love it. | 我肯定他会喜欢的 |
[29:49] | – Darling, your daughter’s a genius. – I knew that already. | -亲爱的 你女儿真是天才 -我早知道了 |
[29:53] | For valentine’s day, she bought Ashley a frame, | 情人节 她给阿什利买了个相框 |
[29:56] | had it engraved “True love,” | 上面刻着真爱 |
[29:58] | and put in a picture of his pet rat–Theodore. | 放上他宠物鼠西奥多的照片 |
[30:01] | Heartfelt yet humorous. Genius. | 诚挚又幽默 天才 |
[30:05] | What’s in the box? | 箱子里是什么 |
[30:06] | This is Philip Westlake’s murder file. | 菲利普·韦斯莱谋杀案的档案 |
[30:10] | I told Beckett, I’m gonna solve the case. | 我告诉贝克特 我要破掉这案子 |
[30:12] | Oh, Richard. | 理查德 |
[30:13] | What? You’re the one | 干嘛啊 |
[30:14] | who told me to follow my heart. | 不是你告诉我要听从心声么 |
[30:15] | Yes, but, you know– | 话是这么说 但是… |
[30:17] | Dad, that case is older than me. | 但爸爸 这案子年龄比我还大 |
[30:18] | This doesn’t sound like encouragement. | 你们懂不懂爱与支持啊 |
[30:20] | Then would you like some help? | 那你要我帮忙吗 |
[30:25] | Yes, I would. | 当然要 |
[30:29] | To hire a gunman, you need cash, | 雇凶杀人 需要钱 |
[30:31] | and according to everything | 但是依据我们手头上 |
[30:33] | that we’ve been through here, | 已经掌握的证据 |
[30:33] | – Damian didn’t have any. – Yeah, well, | -戴米安身无分文 -没错 |
[30:35] | it’s somewhere. We just haven’t found it yet. | 可能在某处 我们没找到而已 |
[30:36] | All the expensive knickknacks in that house, | 房子里的奢华摆件 |
[30:38] | maybe he pawned a figurine. | 也许他典当了一件小雕像 |
[30:40] | Vicky was a designer. She was meticulous. | 薇琪是位设计师 一丝不苟 |
[30:42] | She would’ve noticed if something went missing, | 如果有东西不见了 她肯定会留意到 |
[30:43] | like the engagement ring. | 就比如订婚戒指 |
[30:47] | Got something? | 想到什么了 |
[30:49] | Omar Lincoln overheard Vicky call Damian a thief, | 奥马·林肯听到薇琪说戴米安是个贼 |
[30:52] | and when Vicky apologized to Morris Hasberg | 当薇琪向莫里斯·哈斯贝格道歉 |
[30:55] | for accusing him of stealing her engagement ring, | 指控他偷了订婚戒指时 |
[30:58] | she cried. | 她哭了 |
[30:58] | Maybe she wasn’t crying because of Morris. | 也许她并不是因为莫里斯才哭的 |
[31:00] | Maybe she was crying because | 也许是因为她 |
[31:01] | she realized that her husband | 突然意识到她的丈夫 |
[31:04] | was stealing from her. | 才是小偷 |
[31:05] | C.S.U. said the ring was accounted for. | 鉴证组说正是那枚戒指 |
[31:07] | Vicky’s credit card–wasn’t there an appraiser on it? | 薇琪的信用卡 不是有一位估价官吗 |
[31:10] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[31:11] | I think I know how Damian got his money. | 我知道戴米安金钱的来路了 |
[31:13] | It was terrible, what happened to Mrs. Westlake. | 太可怕了 韦斯莱女士怎么了 |
[31:16] | She came to see you Tuesday afternoon. | 她周二下午来找你了 |
[31:18] | What for? | 为了什么事 |
[31:19] | Oh, she wanted her jewelry appraised. | 噢 她想做珠宝鉴定 |
[31:22] | I’m afraid I had some bad news for her. | 我恐怕鉴定的结果是坏消息 |
[31:23] | The stones were imitation. I see that quite a bit. | 钻石是仿冒的 我常看到 |
[31:27] | People need cash in a hurry, | 有的人急需要钱 |
[31:28] | but they don’t want to give up their jewelry. | 但又不想卖掉珠宝 |
[31:30] | So they sell the diamonds and they replace them | 于是他们卖掉上面的钻石 |
[31:31] | with high-quality silicon carbide. | 用高质量碳化硅代替 |
[31:33] | Was one of the pieces an 11-carat engagement ring? | 其中是否有十一克拉的订婚戒指 |
[31:36] | Yes, the entire basket setting had been replaced. | 没错 整个底座都被更换了 |
[31:39] | She said that’s how she knew something was wrong. | 她说就是这样她才发觉不对劲 |
[31:45] | This whole case file | 整个案子文档 |
[31:46] | is just one long loop leading back to Damian. | 又将嫌疑引回戴米安身上 |
[31:49] | Apparently, neighbors saw someone loitering | 显然 邻居看到案发当晚 |
[31:51] | outside the Westlake home the night of the murder. | 有人在韦斯莱家附近徘徊 |
[31:56] | Here’s a sketch. | 这是嫌犯的画像 |
[32:01] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:02] | Alexis, I know this guy. | 阿丽克西斯 我认识这家伙 |
[32:16] | Detective Beckett. | 贝克特探长 |
[32:18] | Could we talk for a moment? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[32:20] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:24] | Have you come to apologize? | 你是来道歉的吗 |
[32:25] | No. | 不 |
[32:26] | At least you’re honest. | 至少你很诚实 |
[32:28] | What can I do for you, detective? | 有什么需要帮忙的 探长 |
[32:30] | You could show me the diamonds | 你能让我看看你从 |
[32:31] | that you stole from Vicky. | 薇琪那儿偷来的钻石吗 |
[32:34] | I spoke to Wallace Benner, | 我找过华莱士·本纳了 |
[32:37] | the jeweler on the west side. | 西边的珠宝商 |
[32:38] | He said that he replaced | 他说他将你妻子 |
[32:39] | your wife’s diamonds with imitation ones. | 的钻石换成了仿冒品 |
[32:42] | Over a period of several weeks, | 几周换一次 |
[32:43] | He exchanged 26 diamonds | 他替换了二十六颗钻石 |
[32:47] | worth over $8 million | 共价值八百万 |
[32:48] | and gave you the real ones. | 真品全在你手上 |
[32:50] | But doesn’t this argue against your theory | 这不是和你的猜测自相矛盾吗 |
[32:52] | that I killed my wife? | 说是我杀了她 |
[32:53] | If I have $8 million, why wouldn’t I just leave, | 要是我有八百万 为什么不跟凯莉 |
[32:57] | – be with Callie? – Greed. | -远走高飞 -贪婪 |
[32:59] | You used the first diamond as a down payment | 你利用第一颗钻石做定金 |
[33:01] | for the contract to kill her. | 雇了人杀她 |
[33:02] | Once Vicky was dead, | 只要薇琪死了 |
[33:03] | you’d inherit and double your take. | 你就能继承遗产得到双倍的钱 |
[33:06] | You really think I’m that cold? | 你真的认为我有这么冷血吗 |
[33:09] | Personally, I have no doubt. | 我个人是这么认为 |
[33:13] | But Richard Castle believes in you, | 但理查德·卡塞尔相信你 |
[33:15] | and I believe in him. | 而我信任他 |
[33:17] | So show me those diamonds. | 让我看看那些钻石 |
[33:18] | Show me that none of them are missing | 让我看看它们是否齐全 |
[33:21] | or I will haul your ass back to jail. | 否则我就再把你关进大牢 |
[33:42] | I only changed the diamonds I had given her. | 我只替换了我送给她的钻石 |
[33:44] | Those pieces cost me millions of dollars, | 那些珠宝花了我几百万 |
[33:46] | and I knew she’d have no | 而我知道一旦我们离婚 |
[33:48] | particular attachment to them | 这些珠宝对她 |
[33:49] | once we were over. | 不再有意义 |
[33:51] | I’ve led…. | 我这一辈子 |
[33:53] | a careless and wasteful life, detective. | 都过着挥金如土 放浪形骸的日子 探长 |
[33:58] | But I’m no killer. | 但我不是个杀手 |
[34:00] | 26 diamonds– they’re all there. | 二十六颗钻石 全都在这 |
[34:05] | Detective Salazar? | 萨拉查探长 |
[34:06] | I’m Richard Castle. | 我是理查德·卡塞尔 |
[34:08] | Thank you very much for meeting me. | 很感谢你抽空来见我 |
[34:10] | I’m retired now, so you can call me Ray. | 我已经退休了 你可以叫我雷 |
[34:12] | All right. So, Ray, what kind of man | 好的 那么雷 什么样的男人 |
[34:15] | leaves beautiful Puerto Rico | 会离开美丽的波多黎各 |
[34:16] | to retire in freezing cold new york? | 来到严寒的纽约过退休生活 |
[34:20] | The kind of man whose beautiful wife | 那男人娶了来自长岛的 |
[34:21] | is from long island. | 漂亮老婆 |
[34:23] | – Understood. – So you said on the phone | -明白了 -那么你在电话里说 |
[34:25] | – this was about the Philip Westlake case? – That’s right. | -这是关于菲利普·韦斯莱的案子 -没错 |
[34:28] | I really hated leaving the job with that one still unsolved. | 我真的很讨厌在退休时留下未破的案子 |
[34:31] | Well, maybe I can help with that. | 或许我能帮上忙 |
[34:34] | Did you ever manage to identify the man | 你知道案发当晚 邻居在 |
[34:35] | that neighbors saw outside the Westlake home | 韦斯莱家外看到的那名男子 |
[34:37] | – the night of the murder? – Thought we did. | -是谁吗 -我们应该查到了 |
[34:39] | He looked a lot like a local tough | 那很像是当地的恶棍 |
[34:41] | named Enrique Molina. | 叫做恩里克·莫利纳 |
[34:43] | But when we brought Molina in, | 但当我逮捕莫利纳后 |
[34:44] | the neighbors couldn’t pick him out of a lineup. | 邻居没法指认他 |
[34:45] | That’s because it wasn’t Molina. | 因为那不是莫利纳 |
[34:54] | – I’m listening. – Michael Rutherford | -继续说 -迈克尔·鲁瑟福 |
[34:56] | was a scholarship kid at edgewyck academy, | 在艾维克学院得到了奖学金 |
[34:58] | where Damian Westlake and I went to school. | 他是戴米安·韦斯莱和我的校友 |
[35:00] | He was smart, but… A sociopath, | 他很聪明 但有反社会人格 |
[35:04] | a thief. | 他是个小偷 |
[35:05] | Kid barely graduated. | 很艰难才毕业 |
[35:07] | Were Rutherford and Westlake friends? | 卢瑟福和韦斯莱是朋友吗 |
[35:08] | No. As a matter of fact, it was Damian who turned him in | 不 事实上 就是戴米安向校长 |
[35:11] | to the headmaster for stealing. | 告发他行窃的 |
[35:12] | But they did run in some of the same circles, | 但他们有相同的社交圈子 |
[35:15] | sometimes went to the same parties. | 偶尔会在派对上遇见 |
[35:16] | What if Michael Rutherford heard | 要是迈克尔·鲁瑟福听说了 |
[35:20] | about the Westlake vacation home in Puerto Rico? | 韦斯莱在波多黎各的度假屋 |
[35:22] | It was nearly always vacant, full of treasure. | 几乎长年空置 里面尽是财宝 |
[35:25] | He could’ve made a small fortune | 他可以小赚一笔 |
[35:27] | and gotten revenge on Damian at the same time. | 同时向戴米安复仇 |
[35:32] | Hey, how’d it go? | 嘿 进展如何 |
[35:34] | Damian Westlake is a thief and a cheater… | 戴米安·韦斯莱是个小偷和骗子 |
[35:37] | but he might not be our killer. | 但他或许不是我们要找的杀手 |
[35:40] | You guys, I hate admitting it, | 伙计们 我不想承认 |
[35:41] | but Castle might be right. | 但卡塞尔或许是对的 |
[35:43] | We’ve also been thinking that Castle might be right. | 我们也觉得卡塞尔是对的 |
[35:47] | Info’s back on Simon Campbell. | 关于西蒙·坎贝尔资料 |
[35:50] | Vicky’s ex-husband is | 薇琪的前夫就是 |
[35:50] | what they like to call “Overextended.” | 人们所说的百万”负”翁 |
[35:52] | Campbell’s real estate firm took a big hit two years ago, | 坎贝尔的房地产公司两年前遭受打击 |
[35:55] | and he borrowed heavily to cover costs. | 他为了挽回损失债台高筑 |
[35:57] | The man needs a cash transfusion, stat. | 这家伙急需现金 |
[35:59] | Is Simon in Vicky’s will? | 西蒙 在薇琪的遗嘱上吗 |
[36:00] | He gets the deed to the brownstone, | 他得到了房子的契约 |
[36:02] | which is worth over $5 million. | 价值五百万以上 |
[36:03] | He’s also the executor of their children’s estate. | 他还是孩子们财产的执行人 |
[36:05] | Now he was at home | 案发当时 |
[36:06] | with the kids at the time of the murder, | 他跟三个孩子在家 |
[36:08] | but he was on the second floor, and they were on the third. | 但他在二楼 而他们在三楼 |
[36:10] | So he could’ve snuck out, | 他大可以偷偷出去 |
[36:11] | been back before anyone noticed. | 在没人发现前再溜回来 |
[36:12] | Which brings us to the Campbell Brownstone | 线索领我们到了坎贝尔的房子 |
[36:14] | and its very sophisticated security system. | 这个保安系统非常复杂 |
[36:17] | It records every door opening, every window. | 每道门 每扇窗户都有记录 |
[36:19] | A friendly A.D.A. Got us a warrant, | 一个和蔼的检察官给了我们搜查令 |
[36:21] | and we talked to the alarm company. | 我们跟警报公司谈过了 |
[36:23] | 4:37 p.M. On Wednesday, the front door opens. | 星期三下午四点三十七分 前门打开了 |
[36:26] | 5:42, it opened again. | 在五点四十二分又开了一次 |
[36:29] | Which means someone left before the murder | 就是说 有人在案发前出去了 |
[36:30] | and then returned after. | 之后回来了 |
[36:32] | You know, I’d like to talk to our Mr. Simon Campbell. | 我想跟西蒙·坎贝尔先生谈谈 |
[36:34] | Well, we called his place. | 我们打去他家 |
[36:36] | He’s out all evening on personal business | 他整晚都出去处理私人事务 |
[36:38] | and he’s not picking up his cell phone. | 而且电话也不接 |
[36:39] | Okay, sit on his house. | 好的 去他家等他 |
[36:41] | When he gets back home, bring him in. Mm. | 他一回家就带他过来 |
[36:45] | So… What did you decide about Lanie | 那么 你打算情人节要怎么 |
[36:46] | and valentine’s day? | 跟蕾妮渡过 |
[36:49] | Oh. I’m gonna play it safe and show up with a gift. | 噢 保险一点 带上礼物约她出来 |
[36:53] | I found this jewelry store that sells stuff, you know, | 我找到家珠宝店 你知道的 |
[36:56] | that girlfriends like– necklaces, charm bracelets. | 女孩子都喜欢项链 手镯 |
[36:59] | What about you? What are you gonna do? | 那么你呢 你打算准备什么 |
[37:00] | Oh, Jenny loves chocolate. | 噢 珍妮喜欢巧克力 |
[37:02] | Jenny’s planning her wedding. | 珍妮在筹备婚礼 |
[37:05] | Your girl’s on a diet, | 你女友在节食 |
[37:07] | and you’re gonna give her chocolate? | 而你打算送她巧克力吗 |
[37:08] | Hey, hey, hey. It’s Simon. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 那是西蒙 |
[37:11] | Oh, and he’s got a little valentine of his own, | 噢 看来他有自己的小情人啊 |
[37:14] | doesn’t he? | 是不 |
[37:16] | Is that Amber Patinelli, | 那是安珀·帕丁丽吗 |
[37:18] | Vicky Westlake’s employee? | 薇琪·韦斯莱的雇员 |
[37:19] | You’re sure it’s her? | 你确定是她吗 |
[37:22] | So much for Simon saying | 亏西蒙 还有脸说 |
[37:23] | that he wanted to reconcile with Vicky. | 他想和薇琪复合 |
[37:25] | What do you want us to do? | 你要我们怎么做 |
[37:28] | Thought so. | 我想也是 |
[37:29] | Let’s bring ’em both in. | 把他们俩带进来 |
[37:36] | I was hoping you’d still be here. | 我还希望你没走 |
[37:38] | I was just about to call you. | 我刚打算打给你 |
[37:42] | I think I know who the killer is. | 我想我知道谁是凶手了 |
[37:54] | – I appreciate you coming in. – Detective, it’s very late. | -我很感谢你能来 -已经很晚了 探长 |
[37:56] | Oh, this will be quick. I didn’t realize | 噢 不会耽误你太久 我没发觉 |
[37:59] | that the two of you were a couple. | 你们俩是情侣 |
[38:00] | Well, it’s very casual. | 并不是正式的 |
[38:01] | Well, for a long time, we were just friends. | 我们是老朋友了 |
[38:04] | I was a shoulder to cry on after the divorce. | 我是他离婚时的精神支柱 |
[38:07] | It’s been only been recently that, uh… | 直到最近我们才 呃 |
[38:10] | – Any plans for valentine’s day? – Uh, nothing special, no. | -情人节有什么计划 -没啥特别的 |
[38:14] | You were hoping to spend it with Vicky, right? | 你希望和薇琪一起过 对吧 |
[38:18] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:21] | Simon? | 西蒙 |
[38:21] | Uh, Vicky and I have been talking. That’s all. | 薇琪和我交谈过 仅此而已 |
[38:24] | How is this relevant to anything, detective? | 这有什么关联吗 探长 |
[38:26] | Did Vicky know about you and Amber? | 薇琪知道你和安珀在一起吗 |
[38:28] | No. I didn’t want her to know. | 不 我不想让她知道 |
[38:30] | So it’s possible that Vicky innocently confided | 那么有可能薇琪向安珀倾诉 |
[38:33] | in her friend Amber, telling her she was leaving Damian, | 告诉她 自己要离开戴米安 |
[38:35] | going back to Simon, | 回到西蒙 身边 |
[38:35] | not knowing that he was your Simon now. | 但并不知道你们有一腿 |
[38:38] | Amber, you called for a company car at 4:15 | 安珀你在星期三下午四点十五分 |
[38:41] | On Wednesday afternoon. | 叫了计程车 |
[38:42] | We just talked to the dispatcher. | 我跟刚跟调度员谈过了 |
[38:44] | He says you ordered a sedan and kept it for an hour, | 他说你雇了一个小时的轿车 |
[38:47] | a round-trip to the Westlakes’ and back. | 往返韦斯莱家 |
[38:51] | We found a nail gun | 我们在钉枪上 |
[38:53] | with fingerprints that we couldn’t identify. | 找到了无法辨认的指纹 |
[38:56] | If we compare them to yours, | 如果跟你的对比一下 |
[38:57] | do you think we’d find a match? | 你说会吻合吗 |
[39:03] | You didn’t go there intending to kill her, did you? | 你不是要去杀她的 是吧 |
[39:05] | No. | 不 |
[39:08] | I just wanted to talk. | 我只是想聊聊 |
[39:10] | She could have any man she wanted. | 她可以找任何男人 |
[39:13] | And I begged her to let me have you. | 我求她把你让给我 |
[39:19] | She said no. | 她说不 |
[39:22] | I love you so much. | 我太爱你了 |
[39:24] | She could never love you the way that I do. | 她永远不可能像我那样爱你 |
[39:34] | So you’re saying that | 那么你是说 |
[39:35] | Amber didn’t even know about my past? | 安珀根本不知道我的过去 |
[39:37] | It wasn’t a frame, just a strange coincidence? | 并不是要陷害我 只是个怪异的巧合 |
[39:40] | Or kismet. | 或是天意 |
[39:43] | Where are you off to? | 你要去哪里 |
[39:46] | Barcelona. | 巴塞罗纳 |
[39:47] | I gotta get away. | 我得离开这里 |
[39:50] | Thank detective Beckett for me, will ya? | 代我谢谢贝克特探长 好吗 |
[39:52] | Congratulate her on solving the case. | 恭喜她破案了 |
[39:55] | Well, actually, we solved two cases. | 老实说 我们破了两件案子 |
[39:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[40:01] | That’s a sketch of Michael Rutherford. | 那是迈克尔·鲁瑟福的画像 |
[40:03] | I found it in your father’s murder file. | 我在你父亲的档案里找到的 |
[40:05] | Michael Rutherford? | 迈克尔·鲁瑟福 |
[40:07] | From school? | 学校里的 |
[40:09] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[40:11] | He broke into your house. He shot your father. | 他闯进了你的家 杀了你父亲 |
[40:16] | Oh, my god. | 噢 我的天 |
[40:18] | They found him, Damian. He’s been arrested. | 我们已经逮捕他了 |
[40:21] | After all this time? | 这么长时间后 |
[40:25] | Can they even prove that he did it? | 还能证明他有罪吗 |
[40:26] | There was a cigarette butt left at the scene. | 凶案现场有一根烟蒂 |
[40:29] | Detective Salazar made sure it was preserved. | 萨拉查探长确保那有好好保存 |
[40:31] | The D.N.A s a match. | DNA吻合 |
[40:35] | Michael made a deal, Damian. | 迈克尔做了笔交易 戴米安 |
[40:38] | He confessed. | 他认罪了 |
[40:42] | Wow. This is, uh… | 这真是 |
[40:45] | It’s pretty overwhelming. | 太令人惊讶了 |
[40:48] | I got a plane to catch, | 我还要赶飞机 |
[40:48] | so maybe we should just talk about this later. | 或许我们晚点再聊 |
[40:50] | Michael told the cops you got in touch with him, | 迈克尔认罪说你去找他 |
[40:54] | asked him if he wanted to make | 问他想不想 |
[40:55] | a lot of money for one night’s work. | 在一晚上狠赚一笔 |
[40:57] | You gave him your rolex and your car as a down payment. | 你把劳力士手表跟车子付作定金 |
[41:00] | When your inheritance came through, | 当你继承财产后 |
[41:01] | he got half a million dollars | 他得到了五十万美元 |
[41:04] | And a one-way ticket to los angeles. | 还有去洛杉矶的单程机票 |
[41:07] | He still has your rolex… | 他还保存着那只劳力士表 |
[41:10] | And a map that you drew | 还有你画给他的地图 |
[41:13] | of your father’s house | 画了你父亲的房子 |
[41:16] | with a path leading straight to his bedroom. | 清楚画着到他的卧室的路线 |
[41:18] | Rick, he’s lying. He’s lying. | 里克 他在撒谎 他在撒谎 |
[41:20] | Tell me you didn’t do it. | 告诉我你没有这样做 |
[41:22] | Ricky, I… | 里奇 我 |
[41:23] | Tell me I haven’t been believing in you all this time | 告诉我这些时间我没有白白 |
[41:26] | for nothing. | 信任你 |
[41:32] | That’s them– | 他们来了 |
[41:35] | Detective Salazar and some New York detectives. | 萨拉查探长和一些纽约警官 |
[41:38] | They’re here to take you in. | 他们是来逮捕你的 |
[41:44] | I told them you’d be a gentleman. | 我跟他们说了你会配合的 |
[41:57] | Show me a hero, and I’ll write you a tragedy. | 给我一位英雄 我还你一出悲剧 |
[42:00] | F. Scott Fitzgerald said that. | 艾夫·斯科特·菲兹杰拉德说的 |
[42:02] | Then it must have been Ernest Hemingway who said, | 那这个肯定是欧内斯特·海明威说的了 |
[42:04] | “Man, I sure could use a drink right about now.” | 伙计 我现在得去喝一杯了 |
[42:09] | Lead the way. I’m buying. | 一起去吧 我请 |
[42:12] | It’s valentine’s day. | 这是情人节 |
[42:14] | Shouldn’t you be in a nice candlelit restaurant | 你不是应该在一家烛光摇曳的餐厅 |
[42:16] | wearing a new dress ordering surf and turf? | 穿着新裙子点餐吗 |
[42:18] | I’ve got a couple of hours. | 我还有几小时空档 |
[42:20] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[42:22] | Yeah. I’m fine. | 没事 我很好 |
[42:26] | Liar. | 大骗子 |