时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | There are two kinds of folks | 世间有两种人 |
[00:01] | who sit around thinking about how to kill people. | 总在思考如何杀人 |
[00:03] | Psychopaths and mystery writers. | 精神病患者和侦探小说作家 |
[00:05] | I’m the kind that pays better. | 我属于高收入的后者 |
[00:06] | Who am I? | 我是谁 |
[00:07] | I’m Rick Castle. | 我是里克·卡塞尔 |
[00:08] | I’m Rick Castle. | 我是里克·卡塞尔 |
[00:09] | I really am ruggedly handsome, aren’t I? | 我浑身都散发着粗犷美 是不是 |
[00:12] | Every writer needs inspiration, | 每位作家都离不开灵感 |
[00:13] | and I’ve found mine. | 我的灵感已经找到了 |
[00:14] | Detective Kate Beckett. | 凯特·贝克特探长 |
[00:16] | – Nikki Heat? – The character he’s basing on you. | -妮基·希特 -那个角色是以你为原型 |
[00:18] | And thanks to my friendship with the mayor, | 很庆幸我和市长是朋友 |
[00:19] | I get to be on her case. | 她办案我能跟着 |
[00:21] | I would be happy to let you spank me. | 要是你能打我 我会很开心 |
[00:23] | And together, we catch killers. | 我们一起抓过凶手 |
[00:24] | We make a pretty good team, you know? | 我们俩可是最佳拍档 |
[00:26] | Like Starsky and Hutch, Turner and Hooch. | 像是警界双雄[电影] 福星福将[电影] |
[00:28] | You do remind me a little of Hooch. | 你跟呼哧[福星福将的福星狗]挺像 |
[01:07] | “A scream pierced the air, | “一声尖叫破空而来 |
[01:09] | falling only on the deaf ears of the dead.” | 却只传入了死者的耳中” |
[01:13] | – Really? – A little too over the top? | -你确定 -太夸张了吗 |
[01:15] | I think you’ve been writing too long | 我觉得你写太久了以至于 |
[01:17] | not to know that it’s “I” before “E” except after “C.” | 忘记”I在E前 除非是跟在C后面”[单词拼写记忆法] |
[01:21] | – Ever heard of spell-check? – Yes, of course. | -没听说过”拼写检查”吗 -当然 |
[01:23] | She’s got red hair, she’s wise beyond her years, | 她有红色的头发 远远超出年龄的智慧 |
[01:25] | and she’s about to tell her dad what she thinks | 她还会告诉她老爸 |
[01:27] | of the latest chapter of his new book. | 他新书最新一章写的如何 |
[01:28] | I loved it, especially the part | 我喜欢这章 尤其是 |
[01:30] | with Nikki and Rook in the aircraft carrier. | 妮基和洛克在航母里那段 |
[01:32] | Awesome. | 太赞了 |
[01:33] | Stop it. You’re embarrassing me. | 别说啦 人家会不好意思的 |
[01:35] | I do have one note, though. | 不过 我确实有个小意见 |
[01:37] | This new character, the, uh, robbery detective… | 那个新的角色 抢劫案探长 |
[01:40] | Schlemming. What about him? | 斯莱明 这人如何 |
[01:41] | Well, he seems like he kinda came up out of nowhere. | 这人看起来好像凭空冒出来的 |
[01:44] | Yeah, well, I can’t argue with that. | 确实 这点我非常赞同 |
[01:46] | – He’s coming off a bit like a doofus. – You think? | -他被描写地好像一个蠢蛋 -你也觉得吧 |
[01:48] | I think you should lose him. | 我觉得你应该删了他 |
[01:51] | If only it was this easy. | 要真这么简单就好了 |
[01:54] | Thank you for your help, sweetie. | 谢谢你的帮助 宝贝儿 |
[01:55] | I am so behind on my deadline. | 我的进度已经严重落后了 |
[01:57] | That’s ’cause you always find new ways to procrastinate. | 那是因为你总是找各种花样拖延时间 |
[02:00] | Or they find me. | 也可能是花样主动找我 |
[02:01] | Hello, mother. | 老妈 你好 |
[02:03] | Oh, hi, guys. I can’t stay. | 孩子们好 我不能久留 |
[02:05] | I’m just picking up a dress. | 我只是来拿一条裙子 |
[02:06] | Chet’s taking me to the theater this evening. | 切特今晚要带我去剧院 |
[02:09] | Oh, what are you seeing? | 你们去看什么剧 |
[02:10] | New Petrofsky play, “Edge Of Awakening.” | 彼托夫斯基的新话剧《觉醒边缘》 |
[02:13] | Wait a minute. Didn’t you audition for that? | 等一下 这部剧你不是还去试镜了吗 |
[02:14] | Uh-huh, yes. | 没错 |
[02:16] | And that wonderful actress Madge Vance got my part, | 但那位出色的女演员玛吉·文思抢走了我的角色 |
[02:18] | the way she usually does. | 一如她之前所做的 |
[02:20] | Well, she’s not even really your friend. | 她连你的朋友都算不上 |
[02:21] | – It’s nice that you go and support her. – I know. | -你还去给她捧场 真好 -我知道 |
[02:23] | And… I have to go soon, because it’s closing. | 而且我得赶紧去看 因为这剧快下线了 |
[02:26] | The critics are saying it’s a… “train wreck.” | 评论家对这剧的评价是”惨不忍睹” |
[02:28] | Oh, there’s the martha rodgers I know. | 这才是我认识的玛莎·罗杰斯 |
[02:32] | Ah, Beckett. | 是贝克特 |
[02:34] | Please tell me there’s been a murder, | 请告诉我又有谋杀案了 |
[02:35] | otherwise, I’ll have to continue writing. | 不然我还得继续埋头写作 |
[02:44] | People always say they want to die in their sleep. | 人们总说他们希望在睡梦中死去 |
[02:46] | What you want is a good, clean shot to take you out | 是希望干脆利落地一枪了事 |
[02:49] | before you know what hit you. | 这样你才能死得痛快 |
[02:50] | Not this poor guy. | 但这可怜的家伙 |
[02:52] | Bullet missed the heart. | 子弹未击中心脏 |
[02:54] | He didn’t die for quite a while. | 他过了很长一段时间才死掉 |
[02:55] | Looks like he was reaching | 看上去他正伸手 |
[02:56] | for the phone to call for help. | 去拿电话向人求助 |
[02:58] | Until our doer took that to his head. | 直到凶手用那东西砸向他的头 |
[03:01] | Probably didn’t want to risk | 可能凶手是怕 |
[03:02] | the neighbors hearing a second shot, | 邻居们听到第二声枪响 |
[03:04] | and so he grabbed the nearest thing | 于是他随手抓起最近的东西 |
[03:05] | and finished him off. | 把他了结了 |
[03:07] | There’s blood spatter on the clock,must have been | 闹钟上也沾上了血迹 ,一定是在 |
[03:09] | knocked off the nightstand during the attack. | 袭击时从床头柜上掉下来的 |
[03:11] | 10:34. At least we know what time | 十点三十四分 至少我们知道了 |
[03:14] | the festivities started. | 案发的时间 |
[03:15] | There’s no signs of forced entry. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 |
[03:16] | He probably left this open so he could get a breath of fresh air. | 他很可能是故意把窗户打开 以便呼吸新鲜空气 |
[03:20] | And there’s no security cameras either. | 而且也没有安全监控录像 |
[03:22] | And I didn’t see any on the way in. | 我进来的时候也没看到有监控 |
[03:24] | Cleaning lady found him this morning. | 清洁女工早上发现的尸体 |
[03:26] | She said that usually, Wilder would’ve left for work | 她说 通常她来的时候 |
[03:27] | by the time she got here. | 怀尔德已经上班去了 |
[03:28] | Wilder? Damian Wilder? | 怀尔德 戴米恩·怀尔德吗 |
[03:30] | Yeah, you know him? | 没错 你认识他 |
[03:31] | I know of him. | 久仰其名 |
[03:33] | This is a photo from one of his ad campaigns. | 这是他产品的一个广告宣传照片 |
[03:35] | He–he runs a line of boutique men’s skincare products. | 他开的精品店专卖男士护肤用品系列 |
[03:38] | You mean, like, bathroom stuff? | 你是说 浴室用品之类的 |
[03:39] | He has got a toner, totally alcohol-free, | 他有一种爽肤水 完全不含酒精 |
[03:42] | Fantastic. | 太神奇了 |
[03:43] | He’s got a shaving cream that is ridiculous. | 他还有一种很不可思议的剃须膏 |
[03:46] | I’m good with the drug store stuff, man. | 药店卖的东西已经足够我用了 兄弟 |
[03:47] | No, no, no, no, no. Hang on. | 不不不 等一下 |
[03:49] | This stuff will change your life. | 这玩意可以改变你的人生 |
[03:51] | – It’s hot. – It’s hot. | -是热的 -热的 |
[03:53] | – It’s hot? – It’s hot. | -热的吗 -热的 |
[03:54] | – It’s hot. – How do they do that? | -真是热的耶 -他们怎么做到的 |
[03:56] | Magic of modern chemistry. | 现代化学的神奇之处 |
[03:57] | It’s like getting a shave from a barber. | 这就好像在理发店刮胡子一样 |
[03:59] | Matter of fact, that’s the tagline–barber in a can. | 实际上 这正是它的广告语 罐装理发师 |
[04:02] | So it’s probably expensive, huh? | 那一定很贵吧 |
[04:04] | It’s 50 bucks a pop, but it’s so worth it. | 五十块一罐 但绝对物有所值 |
[04:06] | – Absolutely. – Totally. | -确实 -太值了 |
[04:07] | Guys… A man has been murdered here. | 兄弟们 别忘了这有个男人被杀了 |
[04:10] | And we are… honoring his legacy. | 我们就是在向他的遗产致敬呢 |
[04:14] | It’s like “Sex And The City,” | 简直就和《欲望都市》一样 |
[04:16] | only with boys. | 只不过是男人版的 |
[04:17] | Maybe you guys can check in with the neighbors, | 也许你们可以找邻居们调查下 |
[04:19] | see if they saw or heard anything? | 看他们有没有听到或者看到什么 |
[04:21] | Oh, yeah. All over it. | 好的 现在就去 |
[04:22] | Yeah, I’m on it. | 好 包我身上 |
[04:23] | Come on, Castle. Let me show you what I found. | 来吧 卡塞尔 看看我发现了什么 |
[04:29] | Something was stolen from these cases. | 这柜子里有东西被偷走了 |
[04:31] | Those are humidity controls. | 那是湿度控制器 |
[04:34] | Well, whatever it was was very valuable, | 不管被偷的是什么 肯定很值钱 |
[04:36] | because the killer passed up the plasma tv | 因为凶手连等离子电视 |
[04:38] | and the blue-ray player. | 和蓝光碟机都没拿走 |
[04:40] | Robbery gone wrong? | 抢劫被发现了吗 |
[04:41] | Looks that way, doesn’t it? | 看上去像是 是吧 |
[04:43] | And then there’s this. | 还有这个 |
[04:48] | Is that an “E” or an “O”? | 那是E还是O啊 |
[04:50] | “Murdero,” Is that spanish for murder? | “Murdero” 西班牙语里的谋杀吗 |
[04:52] | “Murdere.” The killer was French. | 或者是”Murdere” 凶手是法国人 |
[04:54] | The thing I don’t get about it | 我怎么都想不通的是 |
[04:55] | is why would a thief take the time | 为什么一个小偷要花时间 |
[04:58] | to write a message out of our vic’s blood? | 用死者的血留下信息呢 |
[05:00] | Especially that message. | 尤其是这种信息 |
[05:01] | I mean, we know it’s murder. | 我是说 我们当然知道是谋杀 |
[05:03] | The dead body’s kind of a giveaway. | 从尸体上就可以看出来了 |
[05:04] | So we’re still canvassing, | 我们还在调查中 |
[05:06] | but I thought you’d want to hear this– | 但我想你可能对这个消息感兴趣 |
[05:07] | neighbor said | 一个邻居说 |
[05:08] | she was on her treadmill last night listening to music. | 她昨晚正在跑步机上边跑边听音乐 |
[05:10] | So she didn’t hear the shot. | 所以她没听到枪声 |
[05:11] | No, but she did open her back door to let the cat in, | 没有 但她有把后门打开让猫进屋 |
[05:14] | and she saw someone hopping over the fence | 她看到有人从怀尔德的院子里出来 |
[05:15] | on their way out of Wilder’s yard. | 跳过院子里的栅栏 |
[05:17] | You get a description? | 看到那人长相没 |
[05:18] | Yeah, “a foot disappearing over the fence.” | 有 “一只脚在栅栏后消失不见了” |
[05:20] | Did you get a time at all? | 知道时间吗 |
[05:22] | 10:52 on the button. | 十点五十二分整 |
[05:23] | It was still on her alarm box. | 她的报警器上还显示着呢 |
[05:24] | She forget she’d set it when she opened the door. | 她忘了在开门的时候关掉报警器 |
[05:26] | So now we know what time | 那么我们现在知道 |
[05:27] | last night’s festivities ended 10:52. | 凶杀结束于昨晚十点五十二分 |
[05:29] | All right, have CSU sweep for prints and fibers | 好了 让鉴证小组搜集一下指纹和纤维 |
[05:31] | and make sure they hit the backyard as well. | 确保他们把后院也搜索一遍 |
[05:33] | You got it. | 好的 |
[05:48] | Demming. | 戴明 |
[05:49] | Castle. | 卡塞尔 |
[05:55] | You guys use, uh, boards down in robbery? | 你们劫案组也用白板吧 |
[05:58] | Sure, yeah. | 当然了 |
[06:01] | Well, come back tomorrow. | 明天再来参观吧 |
[06:02] | It’ll be full of all sorts of murder-y stuff. | 到时候这上面会写满有关谋杀的内容 |
[06:04] | Beckett asked me to assist in the investigation, so… | 贝克特让我来协助调查 所以 |
[06:08] | Really? | 是吗 |
[06:09] | Yeah, because of the robbery component. | 是啊 因为案件有抢劫的成分 |
[06:11] | Of course. | 当然 |
[06:13] | I tracked down Wilder’s next of kin, | 我查了一下怀尔德的亲属 |
[06:14] | his cousin Blake. | 他有个表哥叫布雷克 |
[06:15] | He’s in the interview lounge. | 他正在接待室里 |
[06:20] | You know how he got in the business he did? | 你知道他是怎么进入这行的吗 |
[06:22] | Acne. | 青春痘 |
[06:24] | As a teenager, he had it something terrible. | 他青少年时期青春痘很严重 |
[06:26] | When he asked me to | 当他向我借钱 |
[06:27] | lend him money to start up a business, | 准备自己做生意的时候 |
[06:28] | I was happy to do it. He… | 我很乐意借给他 他… |
[06:31] | He was one of the good ones. | 他是个很优秀的人 |
[06:34] | I mean, why somebody would do something like this, I… | 为什么会有人能做出这种事情来 我… |
[06:38] | Blake, | 布雷克 |
[06:41] | we were hoping that you could help us with something. | 我们希望你能帮我们搞清楚一件事 |
[06:43] | The display cases in the living room | 客厅里有一个陈列柜子 |
[06:45] | were broken into and their contents were missing. | 柜子被打破了 里面的东西不见了 |
[06:47] | Well, that’s where he kept his books. | 那是他藏书的地方 |
[06:49] | He was a collector– rare printings, | 他是个收藏家 收集精印本书籍 |
[06:50] | signed first editions, things like that. | 或是签过名的头版书 诸如此类 |
[06:52] | Those could run into the thousands, | 那些书可能值好几千 |
[06:54] | even tens of thousands. | 甚至值好几万美元 |
[06:55] | So it was robbery? | 这么说是劫杀了 |
[06:57] | Somebody killed him to take his books? | 有人为了那些书而杀了他 |
[06:59] | Well, it’s possible there’s another motive. | 也可能另有动机 |
[07:01] | We found a message written on the wall. | 我们在墙上发现了留言 |
[07:03] | That’s odd. | 这就怪了 |
[07:04] | We’re still working on that. What we could really use | 那方面我们还在查 我们请您来是希望您 |
[07:07] | your help on is with the missing books. | 帮忙提供失窃书籍的相关信息 |
[07:08] | Did he have a catalog of his collection? | 他的藏品有目录吗 |
[07:11] | Sure. Damian looked to me | 当然 戴米恩指望我 |
[07:12] | to help him out with the business side of things. | 在生意上帮他一把 |
[07:14] | The insurer he used is a friend of mine. | 他的承保人是我的一个朋友 |
[07:15] | – He’ll have a catalog. – Well, as far as we know, | -他一定有目录 -据我们所知 |
[07:17] | The only thing missing were the books, which suggests the | 丢失的只有书籍 |
[07:19] | perpetrator went there knowing what he was looking for. | 也就是说 凶手的目标很明确 |
[07:22] | Could be he had an opportunity to case the apartment? | 他可能有机会去公寓踩过点 |
[07:24] | Well, the kitchen– | 这么说来 那厨房 |
[07:25] | I mean, Damian had the entire thing renovated. | 我是说 戴米恩重新装修了厨房 |
[07:28] | The place was crawling with workers for weeks. | 好几周公寓里都是装修工人 |
[07:32] | Killed for a fortune in stolen books. | 因价值连城的失窃书籍而被杀 |
[07:34] | So I’ll run the work crews and see if anybody has priors. | 我去问问装修工人 看有没有线索 |
[07:37] | Thanks, Tom. I appreciate your help on this. | 谢谢 汤姆 谢谢你来帮忙 |
[07:39] | I’ll let you know if anything turns up. | 有消息我会通知你的 |
[07:44] | I’m not sure why everybody’s jumping to the conclusion | 真不明白为什么大家都妄下结论 |
[07:46] | that this murder was about the stolen books. | 认为这起谋杀是因为那些失窃的书 |
[07:48] | Maybe because they’re missing. | 也许因为它们失窃了 |
[07:50] | The message on the mirror suggests an intention to kill, | 镜子上的留言透露了明显的杀意 |
[07:52] | A motive of some kind. | 算是某种动机了 |
[07:54] | Stealing books– just a crime of opportunity. | 偷书 只是顺手牵羊罢了 |
[07:57] | And now who’s jumping to conclusions? | 现在是谁在妄下结论了 |
[08:00] | I just hate to see anybody waste their time. | 我只是不想看到有人浪费时间 |
[08:03] | The key here is the message, not the books. | 这条留言才是关键 不是书 |
[08:05] | I think we should pursue both lines of investigation. | 我觉得两条线索都该调查 |
[08:08] | Well, he’s your boyfriend. | 好吧 反正他是你男友 |
[08:09] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:10] | I’m sorry. Am I jumping to conclusions again? | 抱歉 我又妄下结论了吗 |
[08:13] | It’s none of your business. | 与你无关 |
[08:17] | Ran a background check on Wilder. | 我查了查怀尔德的背景 |
[08:20] | Found this incident report | 发现了这份他三天前 |
[08:21] | that he filed with the police three days ago. | 提交给警方的事故报告 |
[08:23] | Somebody vandalized his apartment. | 有人蓄意破坏了他的公寓 |
[08:24] | Poured red paint all over his stoop. | 门廊泼满红色油漆 |
[08:26] | Yeah, it turns out that, uh, his company was being picketed | 没错 原来他的公司被一群 |
[08:29] | by animal rights protestors. | 动物权益保护者围攻了 |
[08:30] | But all of his stuff is labeled “No Animal Testing.” | 可他的产品都标注着”不含动物实验”啊 |
[08:33] | The problem was with, uh, one of his subcontractors, | 问题在于他的一个 |
[08:35] | who was doing some of the manufacturing for him. | 承制产品的转包商 |
[08:37] | Wilder didn’t even know about it. | 怀尔德毫不知情 |
[08:39] | That’s what the message was. | 这就能解释留言内容了 |
[08:42] | It wasn’t misspelled. It was unfinished. | 不是拼错了 而是没写完 |
[08:44] | – They were writing “Murderer.” – So you think | -他们是要写”凶手” -所以你 |
[08:46] | that one of the animal rights activists killed him. | 认为是某个动物权益保护者杀了他 |
[08:48] | Sure. One of them had enough with the fake blood, | 当然 他们中的某人用够了假血 |
[08:50] | decided, “I’m gonna send a message using the real thing.” | 于是决定 “我要用真血留下信息” |
[08:53] | Maybe we should pay Wilder’s office a visit | 也许我们该去怀尔德的办公室 |
[08:55] | and find out more about those protestors. | 弄清抗议的来龙去脉 |
[09:25] | We were looking for another manufacturer | 我们本想找另一家承制商 |
[09:27] | to replace the one we had been using. | 代替原来的那家 |
[09:29] | But apparently, | 但显然 |
[09:30] | we weren’t doing it fast enough for these protestors. | 我们没那些抗议者动作快 |
[09:32] | Mr. Wilder wanted to do the right thing. | 怀尔德先生想做正确的事 |
[09:35] | He really did. He just needed a little more time. | 真的 他只是还需要一点时间 |
[09:38] | The paint throwing incident at Damian’s house | 周四晚 戴米恩公寓的泼油漆事件 |
[09:40] | Thursday night was the last straw. | 促使他做了决定 |
[09:42] | He scheduled a press conference for this morning. | 他原计划今早召开新闻发布会 |
[09:44] | He hadn’t told anybody, but he was planning to announce | 他未曾透露此事 但他准备 |
[09:47] | a substantial donation to the animal rights movement | 为动物权益保护活动捐一大笔钱 |
[09:50] | as a sign of the company’s good faith. | 以表明公司诚信可鉴 |
[09:52] | They got everything they wanted, | 他们得偿所愿了 |
[09:54] | but they killed him anyway. | 但他们还是杀了他 |
[09:56] | Well, to be fair, Ms. Jenkins, | 说句公道话 詹金斯女士 |
[09:58] | we don’t know that definitively. | 关于这点 我们还不能肯定 |
[09:59] | The incident on Thursday, was that the first time | 周四的事故 是怀尔德先生第一次 |
[10:02] | that Mr. Wilder had been targeted personally? | 遭受人身攻击吗 |
[10:04] | Usually, they just picket outside the building. | 他们通常只是在大楼外滋事 |
[10:06] | It got so bad, | 事态变得非常糟糕 |
[10:08] | we actually hired a private security firm for a while | 有一阵子 我们还动用了私人保安公司 |
[10:11] | to run down some of the threats we got in the mail. | 以妨恐吓邮件内容成真 |
[10:13] | Is there a chance we could take a look | 我们能看看他们发来的信息吗 |
[10:15] | at the information they developed? It could be helpful. | 可能会有帮助 |
[10:16] | Of course. Yeah. | 当然 |
[10:18] | Daphne will put it together for you. | 达芙妮会汇总好交给你们的 |
[10:19] | We’ll also need to see a copy of Mr. Wilder’s date book | 我们还需要一份怀尔德先生 |
[10:22] | for the last couple of weeks. | 近几周的日程安排 |
[10:23] | Absolutely. Anything you need. | 没问题 要什么都行 |
[10:27] | Here you go, sir. | 给你 先生 |
[10:29] | I cannot believe that you asked for samples. | 真不敢相信你居然要了试用品 |
[10:32] | She said anything we needed. | 她说我们要啥都行的 |
[10:33] | Besides, it’s not for me. | 而且这不是给我自己的 |
[10:34] | It’s for Ryan and Esposito. | 是给莱恩和埃斯波西托的 |
[10:35] | Don’t you mean Charlotte and Miranda? | 你是指夏洛特和米兰达吧 |
[10:37] | Wait a minute. That would make me Carrie. | 等等 那我成了凯莉了 |
[10:39] | You’re so metrosexual for even knowing that. | 你还真是都市型男啊 居然知道《欲望都市》 |
[10:42] | I only watched that show out of the corner of my eye | 我只是在我妈看这剧的时候 |
[10:44] | when my mother had it on. | 稍微瞄了几眼 |
[10:45] | That so did not come out right. | 真是越描越黑 |
[10:48] | According to these notes from the private security firm, | 根据私人保安公司的记录 |
[10:50] | most of these folks seem like average, everyday, | 这些人大多数很普通 都是些 |
[10:52] | tree-hugging vegetarians. | 爱护环境的素食主义者 |
[10:54] | I mean, so far, the worst any of them has done | 目前为止 他们做过最糟的事 |
[10:56] | is break into a lab to free a bunch of mice. | 就是闯进一家实验室放跑了一堆老鼠 |
[10:58] | You come up with anything? | 你那边有什么发现吗 |
[10:59] | There are a handful of recent entries | 怀尔德的日程表里 |
[11:01] | in Wilder’s calendar for someone named Natasha. | 有好几条是要见一个叫娜塔莎的人 |
[11:04] | Could be someone that he started dating? | 可能是他刚交上的女友 |
[11:07] | So I ran the workmen who renovated your vic’s kitchen. | 我查了装修过被害人厨房的工人 |
[11:10] | And one of ’em popped. | 有一个人值得注意 |
[11:12] | Meet Jake Cabrese. | 他叫杰克·凯布里斯 |
[11:14] | Two of the apartments | 他去年工作过的两所公寓 |
[11:14] | he worked on in the past year were later robbed. | 随后都遭到了抢劫 |
[11:17] | He was a person of interest in both investigations, | 两件案子他都有嫌疑 |
[11:19] | but neither of them made. | 但最终罪名都没成立 |
[11:20] | Sounds like someone we should talk to. | 看来我们得找他谈谈 |
[11:22] | Well, we’re running down his whereabouts as we speak. | 我们说话这会儿 已经有警员在查他的下落了 |
[11:23] | Aha! Meet Lance Newman– | 啊哈 看看这个兰斯·纽曼 |
[11:25] | Arrested five times for violent agitation. | 因暴力滋事被捕过五次 |
[11:28] | His favorite tool of protest– the bucket of fake blood. | 他最爱的抗议工具是…假血 |
[11:31] | Isn’t fake blood kind of a staple with these types? | 这种抗议活动不都爱用假血吗 |
[11:33] | Last month, | 上个月 |
[11:34] | he painted the word “Murderer” on a congressman’s | 他在一名国会议员的车上喷上了”凶手” |
[11:35] | car because he voted against a fishing ban. | 因为对方投票反对禁渔期 |
[11:38] | When the driver tried to stop him, Newman bashed him | 当司机试图阻止时 他用油漆桶 |
[11:40] | in the side of the head with his paint bucket. | 重重击打了对方的头部 |
[11:42] | You know, I’d like him more if we could find something | 要是能找到线索 把他和受害人联系起来 |
[11:44] | that would connect him with our vic. | 我会觉得他嫌疑更大 |
[11:45] | You mean like the string of violent letters he wrote | 你是说 写给怀尔德的一堆恐吓信吗 |
[11:49] | to Wilder… sent to his home address? | 直接寄到他家的 |
[11:51] | Nice job, Castle. Let’s go pick him up. | 干得好 卡塞尔 咱们去抓他吧 |
[11:53] | Yeah. Let’s. | 好啊 咱们走 |
[12:00] | You’ve got the wrong guy. | 你们抓错人了 |
[12:02] | Last thursday night, | 上周四晚 |
[12:03] | someone pours fake blood all over Wilder’s stoop. | 有人在怀尔德家门廊倒满了假血 |
[12:05] | Three days later, he ends up dead. | 三天后 他便死于非命 |
[12:06] | It does not take a genius to make the connection. | 稍有头脑的人 都会把这两件事联系起来 |
[12:08] | Yeah, but I didn’t kill him. | 没错 可我没杀他 |
[12:10] | Look, I-I told you already. | 听着 我已经告诉你了 |
[12:12] | I went to the movies Sunday night. | 周日晚我去看电影了 |
[12:14] | Yes, yes, yes. We have someone running down that alibi. | 没错 我们派人去核实那个不在场证明了 |
[12:16] | What about Thursday? You got one for then, too? | 那周四呢 还有不在场证明吗 |
[12:18] | Thursday… I don’t remember. | 周四…我不记得了 |
[12:20] | Well, then how about you spend the night in lockup? | 好吧 那你去拘留所过一夜怎么样 |
[12:22] | Might refresh your memory. | 可能会帮你想起些什么 |
[12:25] | Last thursday, I went over there with the paint– | 上周四 我带着油漆去了他家 |
[12:27] | Bam! So you admit that it was you | 中了 所以你承认 |
[12:29] | – who vandalized Wilder’s apartment? – Castle. | -是你破坏了怀尔德的公寓 -卡塞尔 |
[12:32] | Yes. Okay. I-I threw paint on his stoop, | 是 没错 我往他家门廊泼了油漆 |
[12:36] | which is then when I heard him | 也就是那时 我听到 |
[12:38] | fighting with someone inside, a woman. | 他在屋里和人争吵 是个女人 |
[12:40] | They were throwing stuff, | 他们互相砸东西 |
[12:41] | and I really thought they were gonna kill each other. | 我真以为他们会杀了对方 |
[12:43] | Did you see who she was? | 你看到她是谁了吗 |
[12:44] | No. I just heard them yelling. | 没有 我只听到他们大喊大叫 |
[12:46] | And what exactly did you overhear? | 你具体听到些什么 |
[12:48] | She said something about being humiliated, | 她说什么被羞辱了 |
[12:52] | and he said something about a gun. | 而他说到了枪 |
[12:55] | A gun? | 枪 |
[12:56] | “You put a gun to my head,” I think it was. | “你拿枪指着我脑袋” 我想是这句 |
[12:59] | Okay, now you’re just making stuff up. | 好吧 现在你开始瞎编了 |
[13:06] | Well, Mr. Newman, good thing you used | 纽曼先生 很幸运 |
[13:07] | the automated ticket booth at the theater Sunday night. | 周日晚你使用了影院的自动售票机 |
[13:10] | Your alibi checked out. | 你的不在场证明被证实了 |
[13:11] | – Really? – Really? | -真的 -真的 |
[13:14] | Really. | 真的 |
[13:17] | Okay, thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[13:19] | Check this out. According to his calendar, | 看看这个 根据他的日程表 |
[13:22] | Wilder had dinner with this Natasha person Thursday night. | 怀尔德周四晚跟这个娜塔莎一起用了餐 |
[13:25] | Could be that she’s the person | 她会不会就是我们那位 |
[13:26] | our animal-loving friend was talking about? | 爱护动物的朋友说到的那个人 |
[13:28] | I thought you said that he was making all that up. | 你不是说那是他编造出来的吗 |
[13:31] | – That was– – That was Wilder’s assistant on the phone. | -那是 -刚刚和怀尔德的助理通过电话 |
[13:34] | Apparently… | 显然 |
[13:36] | Wilder and Natasha Piper had started dating recently. | 怀尔德和娜塔莎·派珀最近刚开始约会 |
[13:40] | – The girl from the print ads? – Yep. | -平面广告上那个女孩吗 -是的 |
[13:42] | And she said she was a real piece of work. | 助理说她是个相当难相处的人 |
[13:44] | Tore up a set at a photo shoot a couple of weeks ago | 几周前大闹拍摄现场 |
[13:46] | because they had the wrong bottled water for her. | 仅仅是因为别人给她拿错了瓶装水 |
[13:48] | Well, it seems like a good bet she was the one | 那看起来她很有可能是周四晚 |
[13:49] | fighting with wilder thursday night. | 与怀尔德争吵的那位 |
[13:51] | Yeah. Could be she went back on Sunday | 是啊 也可能是她周日 |
[13:52] | to get one last word in. | 把人杀掉的 |
[13:54] | I should pick her up in the morning. | 明早就让她来警局 |
[13:56] | Hey, how did things go with the workman? | 工人那面调查的怎么样了 |
[13:58] | Well, found him sitting in his garage | 在他的车库找到了他 |
[14:00] | on a couple of G’s worth of stolen power tools, but… | 坐在价值几千元偷来的电动工具上 但是 |
[14:04] | The night of the murder, it turns out | 案发当晚 |
[14:05] | he was watching his kids in a play at church, so… | 他在教堂观看他的孩子表演 |
[14:07] | Yeah, it’s been that kind of a day. | 好吧 运气真的是太差了 |
[14:09] | – Yeah. You ready to go? – Ready. | -是啊 准备走吗 -是的 |
[14:12] | Thought we were knocking it off for the night. | 今晚不是收工了吗 |
[14:14] | We are. We’re just, um, sharing a cab. | 是啊 我们只是合乘出租车 |
[14:18] | Night, Castle. | 晚安 卡塞尔 |
[14:19] | – Night. – Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[14:28] | Hey. How was the play? | 那部剧怎么样 |
[14:30] | Oh, awful. | 糟透了 |
[14:31] | Well, that must’ve made you happy. | 那你一定很高兴吧 |
[14:33] | You know what the worst part was? | 知道最糟的是什么吗 |
[14:35] | It’s badness made Madge’s performance | 这部剧本身的低劣把玛吉的 |
[14:39] | all that much better. | 演技显得很高超 |
[14:40] | She was wonderful. | 她很棒 |
[14:41] | She was… like a revelation. | 她就像是…启示录一般 |
[14:45] | Oh, mother. I’m sorry. | 真是抱歉 母亲 |
[14:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:48] | You know, I went into the theater thinking, | 知道吗 进剧场的时候我还在想 |
[14:50] | yeah, she kinda snaked that part out from under me. | 她是从我手上把那个角色偷走的 |
[14:53] | But then I… I hate to admit it. | 但是我却不得不承认 |
[14:56] | She deserved to get it. | 她得到那个角色当之无愧 |
[14:57] | I’m sure you would’ve been terrific in that role. | 我确定你演那个角色也会很出色的 |
[14:59] | Aw, you are so sweet. | 你真是太贴心了 |
[15:02] | But you know something, darling? | 知道吗 亲爱的 |
[15:03] | In life, you just have to accept the fact | 人这一生中 你要接受不是每件事都 |
[15:05] | that not everything is gonna go your way. | 顺你心意这个事实 |
[15:16] | Thank you so much for coming in, Ms. Piper. | 感谢你能赶来 派珀小姐 |
[15:22] | First of all, let me say that I am so sorry for your loss. | 首先 对你男友的去世我深感惋惜 |
[15:26] | Yeah. Don’t be. | 别 还是算了 |
[15:28] | Uh, how long had the two of you been seeing each other? | 你们两个约会多长时间了 |
[15:30] | I don’t know. Two months? Does it really matter? | 不记得了 两个月? 这很重要吗 |
[15:35] | Apparently not. | 显然不重要 |
[15:36] | If you ask me, he got exactly what he deserved. | 要我说 他死有应得 |
[15:39] | Really? | 是吗 |
[15:40] | Yeah. Really. | 是啊 |
[15:42] | Bullet in the chest. | 胸部中枪 |
[15:44] | Don’t forget about the bludgeoning part. | 别忘了他还被重击的那部分 |
[15:45] | Oh, how could I? Right upside his little head. | 怎么会忘呢 就在他那小脑瓜上 |
[15:48] | So why did you do it? | 你为什么这么做 |
[15:50] | You seriously think I did this? | 你真的认为是我干的吗 |
[15:53] | I read about it in the paper, but he did have it coming. | 我在报纸上读到的 但是他那是自找的 |
[15:56] | Can you believe that that little toad | 你能相信那个臭小子 |
[15:58] | was cheating on me? Me? | 竟然对我不忠吗 对我? |
[16:01] | Okay, so why don’t we just start from the beginning? | 好吧 让我们从头开始说起 |
[16:05] | Where were you the night that he was killed? | 他被害的那天晚上你在哪 |
[16:07] | On Sunday, I was in the Hamptons. | 周日我在汉普顿 |
[16:08] | I took the jitney out in the morning | 早上坐随停巴士去的 |
[16:10] | and sat next to Perez Hilton of all people. | 偏偏又和佩里斯·希尔顿[八卦博客写手]坐在一起 |
[16:12] | He blogged all about it. | 他都写到博客里了 |
[16:14] | You can check yourself. | 你可以自己看看去 |
[16:15] | Well, we have a witness | 有位证人说 |
[16:16] | who says that Mr. Wilder argued with a woman | 周四那天在怀尔德先生的公寓 有个女人 |
[16:19] | in his apartment on Thursday. Was that you? | 和他发生了争吵 那人是你吗 |
[16:21] | No, that wasn’t me. | 不 不是我 |
[16:23] | So it probably means that he was with her. | 很可能是他和”她”在一起 |
[16:26] | The bitch that he was two-timing me with, | 那个和他偷情的贱人 |
[16:27] | the one from the motel. | 汽车旅馆那个 |
[16:28] | – What motel? – Ah, he did blog about it. | -哪个汽车旅馆 -他的确写到博客了 |
[16:32] | You two ate at the Southampton Grill? | 你们在南汉普顿烧烤店吃饭了 |
[16:33] | – I love that place. – Castle. | -我喜欢那个地方 -卡塞尔 |
[16:37] | What motel? | 哪个汽车旅馆 |
[16:38] | The one in Jersey that I followed him to Thursday morning. | 新泽西的一家 我周四早上跟踪到的 |
[16:42] | I was right. He was cheating on me. | 我是对的 他的确出轨了 |
[16:44] | – With who? – I don’t know. | -和谁 -我不知道 |
[16:46] | He went up to the corner room on the second floor. | 他去了二楼角落的那个房间 |
[16:48] | I didn’t stick around to watch. | 我可没待在那看戏 |
[16:50] | So you can’t be sure | 这么说你不确定 |
[16:51] | that it was a woman that he was meeting with. | 和他见面的人是个女人 |
[16:53] | No, but why else would he be there? | 是的 但是他去那还能干什么 |
[16:55] | And just for the record, she’s gotta be | 我还要说 她肯定 |
[16:56] | some kind of dirty skank, ’cause that place was a dump. | 是个不入流的货色 因为那地方糟透了 |
[17:02] | A cheap skank… at a rundown motel | 不入流的货色 在一家破烂的旅馆 |
[17:04] | is actually a better lead than an angry ex-girlfriend. | 这个线索比生气的前女友要好很多 |
[17:08] | And a much better lead than stolen books. | 比失窃的书好更多 |
[17:11] | What was that? | 说什么呢 |
[17:13] | I said… my, don’t you gentlemen | 我说…天啊 小伙子们 |
[17:16] | – look clean-shaven today? – Yeah, sweet stuff, bro. | -胡子刮得很干净啊 -是啊 东西不错 |
[17:19] | Yeah, Jenny said my face never felt so smooth. | 珍妮说我的脸从没这么光滑 |
[17:20] | Barber in a can. | 罐装理发师 |
[17:21] | Okay, guys. Got it. | 好了 伙计们 了解了 |
[17:23] | Comes out hot. Case? | 挤出来是热的 办案呢 |
[17:24] | Oh, yeah, uh, nothing unusual in Wilder’s financials. | 好的 怀尔德的财产情况没有异常 |
[17:28] | His call records were clean, too. | 通话记录也很正常 |
[17:29] | No calls except to places you would expect. | 没有意料之外的通话 |
[17:31] | Ballistics report came back negative. | 弹道检验没有查出什么 |
[17:33] | No unusual fibers or fingerprints | 公寓和后院都没有 |
[17:34] | in the apartment or backyard either. | 异常的纤维和指纹 |
[17:36] | All right, talk to the neighbors again. | 好吧 再去询问一遍邻居 |
[17:37] | Find out if any of them remember seeing him | 找找有没有人周四晚上看到他和 |
[17:38] | with a woman thursday night. | 一个女人在一起 |
[17:43] | I’m wondering why a man as wealthy as Wilder | 我在想一个像怀尔德这样的有钱人 为什么 |
[17:46] | would choose a cheap motel in Jersey to have a tryst. | 会选择新泽西的便宜旅馆和人幽会 |
[17:50] | Maybe there’s more going on than just a tryst. | 也许不单单是幽会 |
[18:01] | His name is Damian Wilder. | 他的名字叫做戴米恩·怀尔德 |
[18:03] | Never seen him before. But I wasn’t on duty. | 从未见过他 不过那天不是我当班 |
[18:06] | Benny was. | 是本尼当班 |
[18:07] | Well, I’d like to talk with Benny. | 我想和本尼谈谈 |
[18:08] | So would I. He didn’t show up for work today, | 我也想 他今天没来上班 |
[18:10] | Which is why I’m here covering on my day off. | 所以我才在休息日来上班 |
[18:13] | Do you have contact info for him? | 你有他的联系方式吗 |
[18:15] | The corner room, second floor, | 二楼那个角落的房间 |
[18:17] | who stayed in there last Thursday? | 上周四谁住在那 |
[18:18] | Oh, let’s see. Paid cash up front, four nights. | 我看看 提前支付的现金 租了四天 |
[18:22] | Name was… Scarlett O’Hara. | 名字是 斯嘉丽·奥哈拉[《乱世佳人》女主角] |
[18:25] | Scarlett O’Hara? | 斯嘉丽·奥哈拉 |
[18:28] | She’s… a fictional character. | 她是小说里的人物 |
[18:31] | It’s that kind of place. | 这地方没人留真名 |
[18:35] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[18:37] | Benny’s roommate said that he came home from his shift, | 本尼的室友说他下班回来 装个一个包 |
[18:40] | packed a bag and left in a hurry. | 匆忙离开了 |
[18:42] | Is it just me, or is the timing a little suspicious? | 时机看起来是不是有点可疑呢 |
[18:44] | I’m gonna put a want out for him in the system. | 我在系统里发一份他的通缉令 |
[18:46] | He’s gotta be out there somewhere. | 他肯定在什么地方 |
[18:47] | You know, the clerk said | 那位员工说 |
[18:48] | our mystery woman rented the room for four nights. | 那房间 神秘女子租了四天 |
[18:49] | Wilder’s calendar was pretty packed the whole time. | 怀尔德的日程排的相当满 |
[18:52] | It’s hard to figure him getting back out there to see her. | 很难想象他有时间去见她 |
[18:55] | So why did she rent it for that long? | 那她为什么租那么长时间 |
[18:56] | What was going on out there? | 那到底是什么状况 |
[18:58] | Breaking news. | 重大新闻 |
[18:59] | Guess what just turned up for sale online? | 猜猜什么东西刚刚在网上拍卖了 |
[19:01] | A first edition “Catcher In The Rye” | 《麦田守望者》的第一版 |
[19:03] | and a signed “For Whom The Bell Tolls.” | 和《战地钟声》的签名版 |
[19:05] | I take it those are both items in Wilder’s collection. | 我想这两本都是怀尔德的收藏 |
[19:08] | Bingo. The site belonged to a rare book dealer. | 正确 网站属于一位珍藏本经营商 |
[19:11] | Goes by the name of Lukas Canby. He’s got a jacket | 名字叫卢卡斯·坎比 他有贩卖偷窃 |
[19:13] | for dealing in stolen property and last month, | 物品的案底 上个月在拍卖会上 |
[19:16] | he was arrested for assaulting another book dealer | 他因暴力伤害另一位书商而被捕 |
[19:18] | at an auction that didn’t go his way. | 起因是人家管了他的闲事 |
[19:20] | So he’s got a history of violence | 这么说他有暴力前科 |
[19:21] | and possession of our vic’s property. | 手里有死者的财产 |
[19:23] | You care to sit in while I get him to confess | 你想观摩 我让他就怀尔德谋杀一案 |
[19:25] | to Wilder’s murder? | 招供的过程吗 |
[19:26] | Don’t mind if I do. | 我很乐意 |
[19:33] | You care to sit in | 你想观摩 |
[19:34] | while I get him to confess to Wilder’s murder? | 我让他就怀尔德谋杀一案招供的过程吗 |
[19:45] | $50,000 worth of books | 价值五万美元的书 |
[19:46] | goes missing from a dead man’s apartment, | 是在一个死人家里丢失的 |
[19:49] | turns up in your possession. | 书跑到了你的手里 |
[19:51] | You can see how that’s a problem, can’t you, Lukas? | 你能看出问题所在吧 卢卡斯 |
[19:53] | – You want to explain what happened? – Sure. | -你想解释一下吗 -当然 |
[19:57] | But you’ll never believe me. | 不过你们不会相信我的 |
[19:58] | Try us. | 你试试 |
[20:01] | I bought ’em from some guy in the park. | 我从公园一个家伙手里买的 |
[20:04] | In the park? | 公园里? |
[20:05] | Near the 76th street entrance. | 靠近七十六街的入园口 |
[20:07] | This homeless looking guy had ’em laid out on a blanket. | 一个流浪汉摆在毯子上卖 |
[20:10] | Didn’t have a clue what they were worth. | 他根本不知道值多少钱 |
[20:12] | Gave him 100 bucks for the whole lot. | 我用一百元就买下了所有书 |
[20:14] | Man, was I feeling lucky that day. | 那天我真是感觉很幸运 |
[20:16] | Yeah, that’s how I felt when I followed that leprechaun | 跟着小妖精找到黄金的时候 |
[20:18] | to his pot of gold. | 我也是这么感觉的 |
[20:19] | I didn’t steal those books, | 我没有偷那些书 |
[20:22] | and I most certainly didn’t kill anybody. | 我也绝对没有杀人 |
[20:24] | – It was this homeless guy. Had to be. – Really? | -是那个流浪汉 一定是 -真的 |
[20:27] | – Yeah. – You expect us to | -是的 -你想让我们 |
[20:28] | believe that he broke in to Wilder’s apartment, | 相信他闯进怀尔德的公寓 |
[20:30] | killed him for $50,000 worth of books | 为了价值五万美金的书杀了他 |
[20:33] | just to sell it to you for 100 bucks? | 然后以一百美金卖给你 |
[20:34] | Doesn’t add up, pal. | 这不合理 老兄 |
[20:35] | Where were you Sunday night? | 你周日晚上在哪里 |
[20:37] | Home… alone. | 在家 独自一人 |
[20:41] | Well, I wouldn’t worry. You won’t be alone in your cell. | 我不会担心 你在监狱里不会孤单的 |
[20:44] | Rikers is overcrowded these days. | 里克尔斯[纽约监狱]最近人满为患 |
[20:53] | Let’s have C.S.U. | 让鉴证组去卢卡斯 |
[20:54] | take samples from Lukas’ apartment and office, | 公寓和办公室提取样本 |
[20:56] | run them against what they recovered. | 再与他们发现的样本对比 |
[20:57] | Might be something that puts him at the crime scene, yeah. | 也许能发现他身处犯罪现场的证据 |
[21:00] | In the meantime, we should check on his story | 同时我们也该查查 |
[21:01] | about the homeless guy, just in case. | 他说的那个流浪汉 以防万一 |
[21:03] | It’s a nice day to be out in the park. | 今天天气不错 正好去公园 |
[21:05] | Can I buy you a hot dog? | 给你买个热狗吗 |
[21:10] | They’re supposed to be finding that homeless guy. | 他们应该去找那个流浪汉 |
[21:12] | I don’t know how they’re gonna do that | 但他们互送秋波 |
[21:13] | when all they can do is make goo-goo eyes at each other. | 还怎么工作呢 |
[21:14] | Beckett’s a good cop. | 贝克特是个好警察 |
[21:15] | She can canvass and make goo-goo eyes at the same time. | 她可以一边查案一边暗送秋波 |
[21:17] | Maybe we should call the motel, see if Benny’s turned up. | 也许我们应该致电旅馆 看看本尼是否现身 |
[21:19] | I just called ten minutes ago. Besides, chances are, | 我十分钟前刚打过 另外有可能是 |
[21:22] | this book guy that Demming’s got in the lockup did it. | 戴明抓的那书贩子干的 |
[21:23] | Oh, don’t say that. | 别这样说 |
[21:25] | What? Oh. | 什么 |
[21:27] | You want to be the one to crack it, not Demming, right? | 你想成为破案的功臣 而不是戴明 |
[21:30] | Well, the guy is not even homicide. | 那家伙甚至不是凶案组的 |
[21:32] | Doesn’t that bug you just a little? | 这难道不让你有点恼火吗 |
[21:34] | Maybe a little. | 也许有点 |
[21:35] | But that’s not why it bugs you, is it? | 但那不是你恼火的原因 |
[21:38] | Just heard back from the phone company. | 刚从电讯公司得到的消息 |
[21:40] | Only one call came into the motel room | 斯嘉丽·奥哈拉入住那家旅馆房间的四天里 |
[21:42] | during the four days that it was rented to Scarlett O’Hara. | 只有一个电话打进去 |
[21:44] | Ooh, let me guess. Rhett Butler, right? | 让我猜猜 白瑞德[《乱世佳人》男主角] 是吗 |
[21:46] | Rhett butler? See what I did there? | 白瑞德 了解笑点了吗 |
[21:48] | Call lasted two minutes. Came in around the same time | 通话时长两分钟 就在怀尔德旧情人说 |
[21:50] | that Wilder’s ex said he went up to the room. | 他进房的那个时间打的 |
[21:52] | Well, the only one who would’ve known Wilder was there | 唯一知道怀尔德在那里的人 |
[21:53] | would’ve been the woman planning to meet him. | 肯定是和他幽会的那个女人 |
[21:55] | Maybe she called to say she was running late. | 也许她打来说她迟到了 |
[21:56] | Yeah, well, here’s the money part… | 是啊 接下来才是重点 |
[21:59] | The call came from Wilder’s company. | 这电话来自怀尔德的公司 |
[22:02] | He was having an affair with someone from work. | 他和公司同事有染 |
[22:04] | Yeah, but unfortunately, the way that they route the calls, | 是的 但很不幸 他们追查到的电话 |
[22:06] | we were only able to narrow it down to an extension | 我们只能把范围缩小到 |
[22:08] | on the third floor of his building. | 公司三楼的一个分机 |
[22:09] | Well, and we can rule out all the men, | 我们可以排除男士 |
[22:10] | since we know Scarlett was a woman. | 因为我们知道斯嘉丽是个女的 |
[22:12] | Yeah, and most likely, it was the woman | 没错 最有可能的是 |
[22:13] | that Wilder was fighting with at his apartment. | 这女人是和怀尔德在公寓里吵架的那个 |
[22:15] | There’s gotta be a way we can figure out who it was. | 肯定有方法可以找出她是谁 |
[22:17] | We could do a sound lineup. | 我们可以进行声音辨认 |
[22:19] | Sound lineup? | 声音辨认 |
[22:20] | Yeah, we bring in the guy who overheard the argument, | 我们叫偷听吵架的那家伙 |
[22:21] | have him listen to voice samples from all the women | 听听三楼所有女士的声音样本 |
[22:22] | on the third floor, see if he recognizes any of ’em. | 看看他能不能认出那个声音 |
[22:24] | You can do that? | 可以吗 |
[22:25] | We don’t even need to bring any of the women in. | 我们甚至不需要叫那些女士来 |
[22:27] | We can patch into the voice mail system, | 可以进入语音留言系统 |
[22:29] | pull samples from there. | 提取样本 |
[22:30] | You guys, if this works, | 伙计们 如果成功的话 |
[22:31] | – I’ll keep you both in shave cream for a year. – Deal. | -你们俩一年的剃须膏我包了 -成交 |
[22:44] | You found him? | 你们找到他了 |
[22:45] | Take a seat. | 坐下 |
[22:46] | Yeah, we got lucky. Apparently, Marty the junkie here, | 是的 运气不错 显然马蒂是个瘾君子 |
[22:49] | is a permanent fixture in that part of the park. | 公园的那个地区是他的据点 |
[22:51] | He was panhandling right about | 他就在卢卡斯买书 |
[22:53] | where Lukas said he bought the books. | 那地方行乞 |
[22:54] | Which Marty’s already admitted to | 而且马蒂承认以一百美金 |
[22:55] | selling to him for 100 bucks. | 把书卖给了他 |
[22:57] | Has he admitted to breaking into Wilder’s apartment? | 那他承认入室抢劫怀尔德的公寓了吗 |
[22:59] | Well, that’s where things get interesting. | 接下来就很有趣了 |
[23:01] | His alibi for the break-in is solid. | 他入室抢劫的不在场证明成立 |
[23:03] | He picked up a few extra bucks at a soup kitchen, | 他在一家救助站做了几小时清洁工 |
[23:05] | cleaning up after hours. | 赚点外快 |
[23:06] | Claims he found the books in a garbage can. | 他说是在垃圾桶捡到的那些书 |
[23:08] | Says he saw somebody dumping them there | 还说看见是有人扔在那里的 |
[23:09] | a couple hours after our murder. | 就在凶案发生的几小时后 |
[23:10] | Which, pretty good bet, that is our killer. | 那人肯定就是凶手 |
[23:13] | I’m gonna sit him down with a sketch artist now. | 我要带他去做凶手人像素描 |
[23:15] | Come on, Marty. | 走吧 马蒂 |
[23:21] | Any leads on our mystery woman? | 神秘女人那里有线索吗 |
[23:22] | Actually, yes. | 事实上有 |
[23:26] | Hey, you’ve reached Katie Marks. | 这是凯蒂·马克斯 |
[23:27] | I’m not at my desk right now. | 我现在不在座位上 |
[23:28] | Leave a message, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. | 请留言 我会尽快回复 |
[23:31] | – That’s not her. – Okay. I will cue to the next one. | -不是她 -好吧 下一个 |
[23:36] | So did Marty the junkie say he got a good look | 瘾君子马蒂说他正好看到 |
[23:37] | – at who it was that tossed the books? – Pretty good, yeah. | -扔书那人样子 -没错 是的 |
[23:41] | Hopefully, one of these two leads will pan out. | 希望两条线索有一个会有突破 |
[23:43] | – Yeah, hopefully. – I’m gonna go and check on that sketch. | -希望是 -我去看看那个素描图 |
[23:48] | Leave a message or try my cell. | 留言或打我手机 |
[23:52] | Okay, how about this one? | 好的 这个呢 |
[23:53] | Hi, this is Jane. | 嗨 我是简 |
[23:55] | I’m away from my desk, so please leave a message. | 我不在座位上 请留言 |
[23:58] | – No dice, huh? – You’ve reached Sophie. | -不是吗 -我是苏菲 |
[24:01] | I can’t take your call right now, | 我现在不能接听你的来电 |
[24:02] | so leave your name and number and I’ll get back to you. | 请留下你的名字和电话 我会回复你 |
[24:05] | Next one. | 下一个 |
[24:06] | Only three more. | 还剩3个 |
[24:09] | Hi, this is Lisa Jenkins. | 嗨 我是丽莎·詹金斯 |
[24:10] | If you’ve reached this, that means I’m out of the office. | 如果你听到这个 说明我不在办公室 |
[24:12] | – Please leave a message. – That’s her. | -请留言 -就是她 |
[24:17] | Lisa Jenkins? That’s the woman we interviewed. | 丽莎·詹金斯 就是我们询问的那个 |
[24:19] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[24:20] | Yeah, I’m positive. | 是的 很肯定 |
[24:23] | Remember our deal, Castle. | 记住我们的交易 卡塞尔 |
[24:25] | It was Lisa Jenkins. | 是丽莎·詹金斯 |
[24:26] | Wilder was fighting with Lisa.. | 怀尔德当时和丽莎吵架… |
[24:29] | – That’s a pretty solid likeness. – Yeah, right? | -非常有可能 -是的 |
[24:31] | What? | 什么 |
[24:32] | It’s Marty’s sketch of the man he saw tossing the books. | 这是马蒂看到扔书男子的素描 |
[24:37] | Wilder’s cousin–Blake. | 怀尔德的表哥 布雷克 |
[24:48] | So we have a witness who says that he heard Lisa Jenkins | 我们有一个证人听到丽莎·詹金斯 |
[24:51] | in a knock-down-drag-out with Wilder, | 和怀尔德大吵一架 |
[24:53] | and another one says | 还有一个证人说 |
[24:55] | that he saw Wilder’s cousin dumping his books. | 看到怀尔德的表哥扔书 |
[24:57] | But what we don’t have from either suspect is motive. | 但我们没查到两位嫌疑人的杀人动机 |
[25:00] | Easy. Lisa’s affair with Wilder went south. | 简单 丽莎和怀尔德奸情出现了问题 |
[25:04] | They could no longer work together side by side, | 他们不可能再一起共事 |
[25:05] | and she didn’t want to have to quit her job. | 但她却不想被迫辞去工作 |
[25:08] | – Detective Demming? – Oh, it could be anything. | -戴明探长 -什么都有可能 |
[25:11] | I don’t know. Maybe Blake didn’t like the fact | 我不知道 也许布雷克不愿意看到 |
[25:13] | that wilder grew up to be more successful than him. | 怀尔德比他更成功的事实 |
[25:16] | Maybe he was sick of getting beat at golf. | 也许他已经厌倦了高尔夫总也打不赢 |
[25:19] | – Golf, really? – To be honest with you, | -高尔夫 真的吗 -老实说 |
[25:22] | I’m not that concerned about a motive right now. | 我现在不关心动机这事 |
[25:24] | I’ve got an eyewitness that saw him tossing his cousin’s | 我有目击证人在案发当晚看到 |
[25:26] | prize book collection the night of the murder. | 他在扔他表弟价值不菲的书籍收藏 |
[25:28] | I have a witness,too. | 我也有证人 |
[25:29] | That heard Wilder fight with someone three days ago. | 听到怀尔德三天前和某人吵架 |
[25:32] | – It doesn’t mean anything. – Guys– | -这毫无意义 -伙计们 |
[25:33] | At least I have a motive. | 至少有杀人动机 |
[25:34] | Yeah, but can’t put your suspect at the scene. | 是的 但不足以证明嫌疑人在案发现场 |
[25:36] | – Guys– – Did I miss the part where you had a motive? | -伙计们 -你有说过找到杀人动机吗 |
[25:37] | You don’t need a motive. | 你不需要杀人动机 |
[25:39] | Guys. This isn’t a competition. | 伙计们 这不是比赛 |
[25:40] | We’ve got two good suspects. | 我们找到两个嫌疑很大的嫌犯 |
[25:42] | Seems to me that we should bring them in | 我觉得应该把他们都带来问话 |
[25:44] | and see what they say. | 听听他们的说辞 |
[25:48] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[25:49] | Damian and I had an argument | 戴米恩和我周四晚上 |
[25:51] | at his apartment on Thursday night. | 在他的公寓里吵了一架 |
[25:52] | But I was not having an affair with him, | 但我和他没偷情 |
[25:54] | and I never went to New Jersey to meet him in any motel. | 我从未去过新泽西的旅馆和他幽会 |
[25:57] | Our witness said that he heard things being thrown, | 我们的证人说他听到扔东西的声音 |
[26:00] | and that Wilder said something | 还听到怀尔德说 |
[26:02] | about having a gun to his head. | 有枪指着他的头 |
[26:04] | No, no. He was talking about the protestors. | 不不不 他在说那些抗议者 |
[26:07] | You see, Damian was unhappy because it was taking | 戴米恩因为我们找新承制商 |
[26:10] | so long for us to find a new manufacturer. | 花费了很长时间而不高兴 |
[26:15] | I didn’t think it was fair, | 我觉得这不公平 |
[26:16] | and… things got a little heated. | 事情有点过火 |
[26:19] | Could you tell us where you were sunday night? | 能告诉我们你周日晚上在哪里吗 |
[26:22] | I was out for dinner with some friends. | 我和一些朋友外出吃饭 |
[26:25] | – After dinner? – Can you be a little more specific? | -晚餐后呢 -你能具体点吗 |
[26:28] | Yeah, I can be a lot more specific. | 好的 我可以更为具体 |
[26:29] | Uh, let’s say between 10:34 and 10:52. | 在10:34至10:52这段时间 |
[26:34] | I was home… alone. | 我在家 独自一人 |
[26:37] | Though I did step out at some point. | 不过我出去了一会儿 |
[26:40] | My neighborhood has alternate side of the street parking, | 我住所附近路边停车是交替的 |
[26:43] | and I had to move my car, find a different space. | 我必须开走我的车 再找停车位 |
[26:46] | Did anyone see you? | 有人看见你吗 |
[26:48] | – Not that I know of. – And what time was that? | -这个我不知道 -那是几点 |
[26:52] | 10:15 maybe? | 也许是10:15 |
[26:54] | You live, what, | 你的住所离怀尔德 |
[26:55] | ten blocks down Lex from where Wilder lived? | 居住的莱克斯街有十个街区 |
[26:57] | At that hour, that drive would take you two minutes. | 在那个时间 开车两分钟就可以到 |
[27:01] | I suppose. | 我想是 |
[27:03] | I’ve never really timed it. | 我从未算过时间 |
[27:06] | Did you see how squirrelly she got | 当你问她周日晚上在哪的时候 |
[27:07] | when you asked her where she was Sunday night? | 她表情很奇怪 你发现了吧 |
[27:09] | I’ll have Esposito talk to her doorman. | 我会叫埃斯波西托去盘问她的门卫 |
[27:11] | There might be security cam footage that might nail down | 也许有监控录像可以查出 |
[27:13] | how long she was gone from her apartment. | 她离开公寓多久 |
[27:18] | Can I sit in? | 我可以旁听吗 |
[27:19] | Yeah, right. | 想得美 |
[27:27] | I can’t believe that you guys are dragging me down here | 真不敢相信仅凭流浪汉的片言只语 |
[27:29] | on the word of some bum, | 你们就把我拽来审问 |
[27:31] | and then accusing me of murdering my own cousin. | 还控告我谋杀我表弟 |
[27:33] | Well, believe me. | 相信我 |
[27:34] | We’d like nothing more than to be able to rule you out. | 我们也想排除你的嫌疑 |
[27:36] | So tell me again. You said you were meeting some friends | 容我复述一次 周日晚上你和朋友 |
[27:38] | for a drink sunday night? | 相约喝酒 对吧 |
[27:40] | Yeah, a-at Mcdugan’s, after 11:00. | 没错 在麦克杜根酒吧 十一点过后 |
[27:42] | – That’s about a block away from your cousin’s place. – Yeah. | -离你表弟那相距一个街区 -对 |
[27:44] | And you say you were at home until you went out | 你还说会见朋友之前你一直 |
[27:47] | – to meet your friends? – Yes. | -待在家里 -是的 |
[27:49] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[27:51] | Because I’m gonna talk to your doorman. | 因为我会查问你的门卫 |
[27:52] | – I-I don’t have one. – Well, I’m gonna talk to your neighbors. | -我那没有门卫 -那就问你的邻居 |
[27:55] | I’m gonna check your credit card receipts. | 我会核查你的消费记录 |
[27:56] | If you weren’t home when you say you were, | 如果你说谎了 |
[27:58] | I am gonna find out about it. | 我会查出来的 |
[27:59] | All right, all right, fine. I didn’t go straight to the bar. | 好了 我说 我并没有直奔酒吧 |
[28:02] | I went to a newsstand. I bought some cigarettes, all right? | 我先去报摊 买了几根烟 行了吧 |
[28:04] | My friends think that I quit, | 我的朋友以为我戒掉了 |
[28:06] | but every once in a while, I get a craving that I can’t put off. | 但有时还是难忍烟瘾发作 |
[28:08] | So I went to the ATM, I got some cash. | 所以我去了自动柜员机 取了点现金 |
[28:12] | I bought a pack, smoked a few, threw the rest away. | 买了包烟 抽了几根 把剩余的扔掉 |
[28:14] | What time was that? | 那时是几点 |
[28:16] | – I don’t remember. – Well, your ATM will. | -忘记了 -自动柜员机会有记录 |
[28:19] | You can take a seat. | 你可以坐一会 |
[28:21] | Excuse us. | 失陪一下 |
[28:25] | Yeah, at a newsstand, | 对 附近有一个报摊 |
[28:26] | corner of 32nd and Lex? | 在莱克斯街和32号大街转角位置 |
[28:29] | Yeah, yeah, go ahead. I’ll hold. | 行 去吧 我等着 |
[28:33] | Ah, there she is, leaving her building. | 她出现了 正在出门 |
[28:35] | Well, the time stamp says 10:18. | 时间为晚上10:18 |
[28:38] | Which would give her plenty of time to jump in her car | 那她有足够时间赶在10:34之前 |
[28:40] | and get down to Wilder’s place by 10:34. | 开车去到怀尔德那 |
[28:43] | Well, we know that the killer left the crime scene at 10:52. | 我们已知凶手在10:52离开犯罪现场 |
[28:46] | So the question is, when did she get back? | 所以问题是 她什么时候回到家 |
[28:49] | Yeah, got it. Thanks. | 好的 知道 谢谢 |
[28:52] | So the bank confirmed Blake’s ATM withdrawal. | 银行确认了布雷克曾在自动柜员机取款 |
[28:55] | And? | 时间呢 |
[28:56] | 10:39 pm. | 晚上10:39 |
[28:58] | Right smack in the middle of our timeline. | 正好在行凶时间区之内 |
[29:00] | So that means it wasn’t him. | 所以凶手并不是他 |
[29:02] | Here she is coming home. Let me just rewind a little bit. | 她回来了 我倒回一点 |
[29:06] | And what does the time stamp say? | 是什么时间 |
[29:08] | 10:47 10:47. | |
[29:11] | That’s inside our timeline. That’s impossible. | 也在行凶时间区之内 不可能 |
[29:14] | It wasn’t her either. | 也不是她干的 |
[29:17] | I was so sure. | 我很肯定的 |
[29:18] | Tell me about it. | 我也是 |
[29:21] | You know what, guys? It’s late. | 伙计们 现在很晚了 |
[29:23] | Why don’t we just call it a night? | 今天就到此结束吧 |
[29:26] | Night. | 晚安 |
[29:31] | – Hey there. – Hi. | -我回来了 -欢迎回家 |
[29:33] | What are you doing here? | 你干什么呢 |
[29:34] | Oh, Chet had one of his ghastly political functions. | 切特要参加一个无聊的政治活动 |
[29:37] | I needed my stationery. I’m writing a note | 我需要信纸写信 我正写给 |
[29:39] | to Madge to tell her how brilliant her performance was. | 玛吉以表达我对其精彩演出的赞赏 |
[29:42] | Oh, don’t do that. | 别写 |
[29:44] | – Why not? – Mother, she’s your rival. | -为什么 -妈妈 她是你的死对头 |
[29:46] | You should be crushing her, not giving her comfort. | 你应该打压她 而不是慰藉她 |
[29:50] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[29:52] | Yes. | 没事 |
[29:57] | No. | 不 |
[30:00] | Give Madge my best. | 替我向玛吉问好 |
[30:08] | Oh, good. You’re just in time. | 好极了 时间刚刚好 |
[30:09] | Looks like we caught a break on our Scarlett O’Hara. | 我们在斯嘉丽·奥哈拉这条线索上有进展 |
[30:11] | – You found her? – Found the next best thing– | -你找到她了 -找到次要的证人 |
[30:13] | The clerk who checked her in to the motel. | 登记她入住信息的旅馆店员 |
[30:16] | Police picked him up in Atlantic City | 警察在大西洋城 |
[30:17] | for charges of disorderly conduct. | 以妨碍治安罪逮捕了他 |
[30:21] | Morning, sunshine. | 早上好 醉猫 |
[30:25] | Why’d you leave town in such a hurry, Benny? | 本尼 为什么匆忙要离开呢 |
[30:27] | I was feeling lucky. | 自觉运气不错 |
[30:29] | Wanted to get to the craps table fast as I could. | 想尽快赌上几手 |
[30:31] | – Did you have a good time down there, Benny? – Dude. | -本尼 在那玩得开心吗 -当然 |
[30:35] | I appreciate you guys in the rejecting | 我很感激你们在我的要求下 |
[30:37] | with the police down there on my behest. | 驳回了当地警方的控告 |
[30:39] | – Well, we wanted to talk with you. – Well, I’m happy to help. | -因为我们需要跟你谈谈 -乐意效劳 |
[30:41] | One favor, though. Could you not talk so loud? | 只是有一个请求 你们能小声点吗 |
[30:44] | My head is killing me. | 我头痛得要命 |
[30:48] | Last thursday, you were on duty | 上周四 你当班的那天 |
[30:50] | when a Scarlett O’Hhara checked in. | 有一位叫斯嘉丽·奥哈拉的女子入住了 |
[30:54] | Yeah. Yeah, I think I remember. | 是的 没错 我记得 |
[30:56] | – What did she look like? – I woulda done her. | -她长什么样 -让我想上她那种 |
[31:00] | Anything else? | 除此以外呢 |
[31:02] | Um… she was small for her size. | 她身形比较娇小 |
[31:06] | Do you recognize this man? | 你认得这个男人吗 |
[31:08] | Yeah. That guy’s a total nut bar. | 认得 这男的简直就是神经病 |
[31:11] | Last week–think it was Thursday, matter of fact– | 上周 应该是上周四吧 |
[31:15] | He pulls into the motel in a fancy foreign job. | 他开着一辆漂亮的外国货来的 |
[31:18] | He goes straight up to the corner room on the second floor. | 然后直接走进了二楼的拐角客房 |
[31:20] | Couple minutes later, he charges down, | 几分钟之后 他冲下来 |
[31:23] | starts asking me all the same questions | 开始问我和你们问的 |
[31:25] | you were asking me. | 同样的问题 |
[31:26] | Who rented the room, what did she look like? | 谁租的房间 她长什么样子 |
[31:29] | He didn’t know? | 他竟然不知道 |
[31:31] | That’s what I said. | 我也是这么说得 |
[31:32] | I told him, if he had to ask me whose room it was, | 我对他说 如果他不知道房间是谁租的 |
[31:36] | he shouldn’t be going in there in the first place. | 他就不该二话不说径直进去 |
[31:38] | He stomped off, got in his car. He left. Boom! | 他气冲冲的走了 上了车 扬长而去 |
[31:42] | Never saw him again. | 再没有见过他 |
[31:43] | And you won’t either. He was murdered sunday night. | 将来也不会 他周日晚上被杀了 |
[31:47] | With that kinda attitude, this is not surprising. | 他的态度有问题 被杀了也不奇怪 |
[31:51] | Well, if I’ve answered all your queries to your satisfaction, | 如果我的答案让你满意的话 |
[31:53] | am I free to go? | 我可以走了吗 |
[31:55] | Just one more query if you don’t mind. | 我想再多问一个问题 |
[31:56] | According to the atlantic city police, you were arrested | 据大西洋城的警察说 你因试图 |
[31:59] | in the diamond lounge of a strip club | 在脱衣舞夜总会的钻石休闲室 |
[32:01] | for trying to set a rodeo clown on fire. | 烧死一位牛仔小丑而被捕 |
[32:03] | That was a misunderstanding and– | 那是一场误会 |
[32:05] | My question is, how does a $9-an-hour hotel clerk | 我想问的是 时薪九美元的的店员 |
[32:08] | pay for a $500-an-hour VIP lounge? | 怎么付得起五百元一小时的贵宾室 |
[32:11] | I won at craps. | 我赌骰子赢了 |
[32:13] | Like I said, I was feeling lucky. | 我说过了 我的运气不错 |
[32:17] | That’s a Damian Wilder bag. | 那可是戴米恩·怀尔德的包 |
[32:20] | – Who? – That’s the guy who was killed. | -谁 -本案受害者 |
[32:22] | Where’d you get that? | 你从哪得来的 |
[32:24] | Where’d you get it, Benny? | 本尼 从哪得来的 |
[32:25] | – Um, please, just not so loud. – Where did you get it– | -拜托小声点 -从哪得来的 |
[32:27] | I found it in the room. | 我在房间里找到的 |
[32:29] | Scarlett O’Hara’s room? | 斯嘉丽·奥哈拉的房间 |
[32:31] | After checkout on the fourth day, | 第四天退房之后 |
[32:33] | I went up there on account of, she never returned the key. | 我上去盘点 她没有退钥匙 |
[32:35] | The room was like nobody’d even been there. | 房间就像没人住过 |
[32:37] | The bed was made, towels were on the rack. | 床铺整洁 浴巾还在架子上 |
[32:40] | I gave it a quick once-over, | 我草草地巡视了一遍 |
[32:41] | figured I’d tell housekeeping not to bother going in. | 打算告诉清洁工不用收拾房间了 |
[32:45] | I found the bag under the bed. | 结果在床底找到这个包 |
[32:46] | And what was in it? | 里面有什么 |
[32:48] | What was in it? | 有什么 |
[32:51] | There was money… lots of it. | 里面有钱 很多钱 |
[32:54] | How much? | 有多少 |
[32:56] | 75 grand. There. | 里面有七万五千美金 |
[33:00] | Did you blow it all, Benny? | 本尼 钱都花光了吗 |
[33:02] | It was the best three days of my life. | 这三天是我人生中最快活的日子 |
[33:05] | A duffel bag full of cash, | 一个装满现金的行李包 |
[33:07] | an anonymous hotel room and an angry Wilder– | 一间匿名租下的客房 和愤怒的怀尔德 |
[33:09] | – All of that adds up to only one thing. – Blackmail. | -综上所述 只有一个结论 -勒索 |
[33:13] | It’s the only scenario that makes sense. | 只有这个比较靠谱 |
[33:14] | So the blackmailer contacts Wilder with instructions | 勒索者联系并指示怀尔德 |
[33:18] | to meet at the motel at a certain time. | 于指定时间在旅店碰头 |
[33:20] | Probably to show him proof of | 可能是要给他看看 |
[33:21] | whatever it is she has against him. | 她掌握的把柄 |
[33:22] | But she doesn’t want him to know who she is | 但她不想身份被识穿 |
[33:24] | or that she works at his company. | 或者她是怀尔德公司里的职员 |
[33:26] | So she calls in to the room, makes her demands by phone. | 于是她打电话到房间 提出要求 |
[33:28] | He confronts the clerk, trying to figure out who it | 他质问店员 想查出敲诈他的 |
[33:30] | is that’s extorting him. | 幕后黑手 |
[33:31] | At some point in time, | 之后某一时段 |
[33:32] | Wilder returns to the room with the duffel bag full of cash, | 怀尔德提着装满现金的行李包返回房间 |
[33:34] | puts it under the bed as instructed. | 按照指示把包放在床底 |
[33:36] | Only Benny makes off with the money | 只是本尼抢在勒索者之前 |
[33:38] | before the blackmailer’s had a chance to pick it up. | 把钱拿走 匆匆离开了 |
[33:39] | Making for one angry blackmailer. | 这让勒索者很生气 |
[33:41] | Angry enough to kill. | 生气到要杀人 |
[33:52] | No, not her either. Man, this dead guy had | 不 不是她 兄弟 这位死人先生 |
[33:55] | a lot of good-looking babes working for him. | 有一大票美女员工啊 |
[33:57] | Any of them our Scarlett O’Hara? | 没有一个是斯嘉丽·奥哈拉 |
[33:58] | Uh, not her… Or her, but I’d do her. | 不是她 也不是她 但我想上她 |
[34:03] | Not her, who I would not do. | 不是她 这个我可不想上 |
[34:07] | Not her. I would maybe do her. | 不是她 我可能会上她 |
[34:11] | Hey, look. It’s her. | 找到了 是她 |
[34:14] | You’re sure this is the woman who rented the room? | 你确定是这女人来租房的 |
[34:16] | Yes. | 没错 |
[34:17] | Rebecca Strong. She’s a lab tech at the company. | 瑞贝卡·斯特朗 她是公司的实验室研究员 |
[34:22] | Oh, she’s got cruel eyes. | 好一双残酷的眼睛 |
[34:24] | I’ll bet she enjoyed watching Wilder suffer. | 我想她一定很享受看着怀尔德痛苦死去 |
[34:33] | What did she say? | 她在说什么 |
[34:33] | “What was I thinking? I should’ve stayed out of it.” | “我到底在想什么 我不该插手的” |
[34:36] | It’s cry talk. There’s not a girl alive who hasn’t heard it | 她在哭诉 女生们都从 |
[34:38] | from a sobbing, heartbroken girlfriend. | 伤心欲绝的女性朋友那听过 |
[34:40] | What should you have stayed out of, Rebecca, | 瑞贝卡 你不该插手什么事 |
[34:42] | the blackmail? | 勒索吗 |
[34:47] | You tried to do the right thing? | 你本想做正确的事 |
[34:49] | Well, who wouldn’t listen? Did you have an accomplice? | 那是怎么回事 你有帮凶吗 |
[34:52] | – Was just me. – Well, then what is this all about? | -就我一个 -那到底发生了什么 |
[34:56] | Benzophyosopheme. | 苯并化合物 |
[35:00] | I’m sorry. I didn’t get that one. | 抱歉 我没听懂 |
[35:02] | Benzophyosopheme. | 苯并化合物 |
[35:04] | That’s not cry talk. It sounds like a chemical compound. | 那不是哭诉 听起来像是某种化合物 |
[35:06] | You work in product testing, right? | 你负责产品测试 对吗 |
[35:09] | Were they using benzophyosopheme | 他们在公司的一种产品里 |
[35:11] | in a company product? | 使用了苯并化合物吗 |
[35:13] | Is there some kind of problem with it? | 这样做会有什么问题吗 |
[35:15] | Is that what the blackmail was about? | 和这个勒索有关吗 |
[35:16] | So then when you said | 你说过 |
[35:17] | that you were trying to do the right thing, | 你打算做正确的事 |
[35:19] | – Did you approach your superiors about the problem? – Yes. | -你向你的上级报告了吗 -有过 |
[35:21] | – And did Wilder do anything about it? – No. | -怀尔德采取行动了吗 -没有 |
[35:24] | He came out with a product | 他生产了一种成品 |
[35:25] | -that has benzophyosopheme in it anyway. – Exactly. | -里面有苯并化合物 -是的 |
[35:28] | Well, how bad is this stuff? | 有什么严重副作用吗 |
[35:30] | It can cause capillary damage if you use it long enough. | 长时间使用 会损伤毛细血管 |
[35:33] | So then you figured, if they weren’t gonna listen to you, | 你想到 既然他们不听你的 |
[35:36] | why not cash in on it? | 干嘛不借此获利 |
[35:38] | And then you threatened to make it public | 所以威胁道 你将公布于众 |
[35:40] | If Wilder didn’t give you $75,000. | 除非怀尔德给你七万五千美元 |
[35:43] | – Yes. – Well, you were in over your head, Rebecca. | -是的 -你真是胆大妄为 瑞贝卡 |
[35:46] | I know, and I want to make things right if I can. | 我明白 我只想一切回到正轨 |
[35:50] | It’s too late for that now. | 为时已晚 |
[35:51] | I–what if I gave it back? | 如果我把钱还回来 |
[35:52] | – You killed a man. – I still have the money. | -你杀了人了 -钱原封未动 |
[35:54] | – You still have the money? – I killed a man? | -钱原封未动 -我杀人了 |
[35:56] | – Damian Wilder. – I didn’t kill Mr. Wilder. | -戴米恩·怀尔德 -怀尔德先生不是我杀的 |
[35:59] | – You have the money? – It’s still | -钱在你手上 -还在我从 |
[36:01] | in the duffel bag that I got from under the bed. | 床底下拿出的那个行李包里面 |
[36:03] | Wait. The money from the motel room? | 等等 是放在汽车旅馆里的钱 |
[36:06] | $75,000. | 七万五千美元 |
[36:10] | Well, then the money that Benny found… | 那本尼找到的钱 |
[36:12] | Where did it come from? | 来自哪里 |
[36:14] | $75,000. | 七万五千美元 |
[36:16] | It was in her hall closet just like she said it’d be. | 如她所说 就在她客厅的壁橱里 |
[36:18] | Two blackmail payoffs? I don’t get it. | 两份勒索款 我糊涂了 |
[36:21] | Rebecca must have missed the second duffel bag | 瑞贝卡一定是取钱时 |
[36:22] | under the bed when she went to pick up the money. | 没有拿走床下第二个行李包 |
[36:24] | Which is why Benny found it | 所以本尼才会 |
[36:26] | when he went back there later. | 之后找到了另一个 |
[36:26] | Yeah, but we looked through Wilder’s financials | 但我们详细调查过 |
[36:29] | with a fine-tooth comb. | 怀尔德的财产情况 |
[36:30] | There was nothing in there to suggest that | 没有线索证明是 |
[36:32] | he pulled that kind of cash. | 他出了这笔钱 |
[36:33] | It’s hard to imagine he had it just lying around. | 也很难想象他没有出钱 |
[36:35] | What would happen if Wilder didn’t pay the blackmailer? | 如果怀尔德没付钱 后果是什么 |
[36:38] | Well, that would mean letting | 那就会让产品损伤 |
[36:39] | the capillary damage issue go public. | 毛细血管的事情曝光 |
[36:40] | What if he didn’t care? | 如果他不在乎呢 |
[36:42] | What if he wanted to do the right thing | 如果他打算做正确的选择 |
[36:44] | and pull the product, even if it meant | 召回这种产品 尽管意味着 |
[36:45] | a huge financial hit and possible litigation? | 巨大的财政损失和诉讼 |
[36:48] | Then anyone with a financial stake in the company | 那么拥有公司股份的人 |
[36:50] | Would have incentive to keep that from happening. | 就有阻止此事曝光的动机了 |
[36:52] | And the surest way to do that would be to kill Wilder | 万无一失的办法就是将怀尔德灭口 |
[36:55] | And pay off the blackmailer. | 并付清勒索款 |
[36:56] | So the cousin would have company stock worth a fortune | 既然这位表哥借给了怀尔德公司的启动资金 |
[36:59] | from when he lent Wilder the start-up money. | 那他在公司里的股份不会是小数目 |
[37:01] | Yeah, but we know he didn’t do it. | 是的 但不是他干的 |
[37:02] | And then Lisa Jenkins could be looking at criminal liability | 丽莎·詹金斯 是她将这种危险产品推向市场的 |
[37:05] | if it got out that she let a dangerous product go to market. | 为防止东窗事发 她也有杀人动机 |
[37:07] | Yeah, but we know she didn’t do it either. | 是的 但也不是她干的 |
[37:09] | – Well, something doesn’t make sense here. – Castle. | -事情到这就说不通了 -卡塞尔 |
[37:13] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:17] | Hey. Uh, what’s wrong, guys? | 怎么了 伙计们 |
[37:23] | Benzophyosopheme. | 苯并化合物 |
[37:25] | Oh, no. Not the shave cream. | 不 不会在剃须膏里吧 |
[37:27] | Yeah, in the shave cream. It says here right on the can. | 是的 就在剃须膏里 瓶子上就写着 |
[37:30] | That’s how they get it to come out hot. | 那就是挤出来是热的原因 |
[37:32] | Might as well just be shaving with napalm, bro. | 还不如用汽油刮胡子呢 老兄 |
[37:36] | Well, she said it only does damage long term. | 她说 长期使用才会有损害 |
[37:37] | You guys have only used it the one time. | 你们才用过一次而已 |
[37:39] | I’m still on my first can. | 我也刚用第一瓶 |
[37:41] | Coulda ended up with irreversible capillary damage. | 有可能搞个毛细血管永久损伤 |
[37:45] | I was… | 我只是 |
[37:46] | The timeline’s wrong. | 时间区有问题 |
[37:48] | Exactly. There wasn’t time to do any damage. | 就是 用这么短时间不会有事的 |
[37:50] | – No, for the murder. – What are you talking about? | -不是 是说谋杀案 -你在说什么 |
[37:53] | What is she talking about? | 她在说什么 |
[37:54] | – I don’t know. – Where you going? | -不清楚 -你去哪 |
[37:56] | Wilder’s apartment. I know who did it. | 怀尔德的公寓 我知道谁干的 |
[37:59] | I know who killed him. | 我知道谁杀了他 |
[38:01] | – Who? -Who? | -谁 -谁 |
[38:15] | I just shot Damian Wilder in the chest, | 我对戴米恩·怀尔德的胸口开了一枪 |
[38:19] | and he’s bleeding out. | 他开始流血 |
[38:21] | It’s dark. | 屋子里很黑 |
[38:23] | But I still manage to sop up some of the blood | 但我依然可以蘸取一些血迹 |
[38:27] | and I head over here | 之后来到这里 |
[38:30] | to start writing the message, | 开始写留言 |
[38:31] | implicating the protestors. | 暗示凶手是抗议者 |
[38:33] | But it takes longer than I thought it would because | 但用时比我想象的要长 |
[38:35] | I keep having to go back in order to get more blood. | 因为我需要不断去取血液 |
[38:39] | And then all of a sudden, I hear a noise out the back. | 然后突然间 我听到后面有声音 |
[38:42] | So I stop and I think to myself, | 我停下来了 告诉自己 |
[38:45] | You know what? I better get the hell outta here. | 算了 最好赶紧离开 |
[38:47] | Hold on. You’re forgetting about the bludgeoning part. | 等等 你忘记了击打的部分 |
[38:49] | I walk out the front door and I let it lock behind me. | 我从前门出去了 把门锁上 |
[38:54] | I race across the street, I hail a cab, | 我快速穿过马路 叫了出租车 |
[38:56] | and it’s about 10:40. | 这时是10:40 |
[38:58] | Yeah, but now you’re forgetting about the stolen books. | 但现在 你忘了被偷的书 |
[39:00] | The noise outside. You’re thinking there was someone else. | 外面的声音 你认为还有其他人 |
[39:03] | Someone who had no idea that | 那个人绝对没想到 |
[39:04] | Wilder had already been shot. | 怀尔德已经被枪击了 |
[39:07] | Someone who came in through the back into the bedroom, | 有人从后院进入了卧室 |
[39:10] | And in the dark, found a heavy object | 在黑暗中 找到了一件重物 |
[39:12] | – and bludgeoned him in his bed. – Two killers. | -在床上对他猛击 -两名凶手 |
[39:16] | So it’s the second killer who steals the books. | 第二名凶手偷走了书籍 |
[39:18] | And then getting those books | 将那些书 |
[39:20] | out of this display case. | 从陈列柜中拿出来 |
[39:22] | Takes a few minutes, | 几分钟后 |
[39:24] | after which, it’s out the door, | 他就走到屋外了 |
[39:27] | and it’s 10:52. | 这时是10:52 |
[39:28] | Giving the first killer more than enough time to get home, | 这就给了第一位凶手足够的时间回家 |
[39:31] | where she can be seen by, let’s say, a security camera. | 她就可以被看见 比如说监视摄像头 |
[39:34] | And the second killer wouldn’t appear to | 第二名凶手就不会 |
[39:35] | be involved if he was, | 被牵扯进去 |
[39:37] | say, buying cigarettes when the gunshot went off. | 比如说 开枪时他在买香烟 |
[39:40] | Lisa and Blake came here separately to kill Wilder, | 丽莎和布雷克先后过来谋杀怀尔德 |
[39:44] | and by doing that, | 通过这样 |
[39:45] | they both inadvertently alibied each other out. | 他们碰巧给了彼此不在场证明 |
[39:48] | They both knew it was their only chance | 他们清楚在怀尔德坦白一切之前 |
[39:49] | to stop Wilder before he stepped forward. | 这是唯一的机会了 |
[39:51] | The press conference he had called… | 他要举行的那个新闻发布会 |
[39:54] | It was not about animal rights. | 不是关于动物权利的 |
[39:56] | He was about to announce a product recall. | 他要发布产品的召回声明 |
[39:57] | And they each decided they couldn’t let that happen. | 他们各自都决定不能让这一幕发生 |
[40:00] | They both killed him, and they both paid the blackmailer. | 他们一前一后杀了他 而且两人都付了勒索款 |
[40:04] | Which means they both had to raise a lot of money | 这就意味着 他们都得短时间内 |
[40:06] | in not a lot of time. | 筹集一大笔钱 |
[40:11] | We found withdrawals from bank accounts, | 我们发现他们从银行户头 |
[40:13] | money market funds, even 401ks, | 货币市场基金 甚至是养老基金中取款 |
[40:16] | All of it totaling $75,000 from each one of them. | 两个人取款加起来都为七万五千美金 |
[40:19] | They didn’t cover their tracks because they didn’t think | 他们没有掩盖痕迹 因为他们不认为 |
[40:21] | anyone would get on to the blackmail and come looking. | 有人会查到勒索款并去调查 |
[40:23] | It turns out Blake was leveraged in debt up to his eyeballs. | 原来布雷克欠下大笔债款 |
[40:26] | If the company stock had taken a hit, | 如果公司的股票遭受打击 |
[40:28] | – The whole house of cards would’ve fallen. – And her? | -他的人生就天塌地陷了 -她呢 |
[40:31] | She didn’t want to serve time. | 她不愿在牢狱中浪费青春 |
[40:32] | She’s the one who sat on initial reports | 尽管剃须膏存在着严重问题 |
[40:34] | that there were problems with the shaving cream. | 但她还是通过了最初的检测报告 |
[40:36] | Poor Wilder. | 可怜的怀尔德 |
[40:37] | Tried to do the right thing and gets himself killed. | 做出正确的抉择 却招来杀身之祸 |
[40:40] | Castle and Demming were right about the two of them all along. | 卡塞尔和戴明一开始 就找对了目标 |
[40:43] | Nice of you to give them both the satisfaction of taking down their suspect. | 你也不错 让他们都有了捉拿嫌犯的满足感 |
[40:46] | Oh, well, it’s the least I can do… | 这是我力所能及的 |
[40:48] | Male vanity being what it is. | 男人的虚荣心啊 |
[41:06] | So listen, thanks… | 听着 谢谢… |
[41:09] | Thanks for your help on this one. | 谢谢你的帮忙 |
[41:10] | Oh, you know, same team. | 同一个团队嘛 |
[41:17] | Guess I’ll see you around. | 回见了 |
[41:20] | Yeah. | 好 |
[41:30] | One murder, two killers. | 一起谋杀案 两名凶手 |
[41:32] | That’s something you don’t see every day. | 那可不是天天见得到的 |
[41:33] | Yeah. That’s definitely another one for the record books. | 绝对可以为记录大全添上一笔 |
[41:36] | You guys seen Beckett? I wanted to congratulate her. | 看见贝克特了吗 我要祝贺她 |
[41:39] | She’s the one who cracked this one open. | 是她解开谜团的 |
[41:40] | I think she’s in the back processing the charges. | 我想她在后面处理起诉的事 |
[41:42] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[41:47] | Make all day. | 都投进了 |
[41:48] | Nothing but net, though. | 空心入网 |
[42:27] | Castle. | 卡塞尔 |
[42:29] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这里干什么 |
[42:30] | Hey. Just about to leave myself. | 马上就要走了 |
[42:33] | Good job closing the case. | 案子结的漂亮 |
[42:35] | Yeah. Well, we make a good team. | 我们是个不错的团队 |
[42:37] | Yeah. Good night. | 是的 晚安 |
[42:39] | Thanks. Night. | 谢谢 晚安 |