时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | There are two kinds of folks | 世间有两种人 |
[00:01] | who sit around thinking about how to kill people. | 总在思考如何杀人 |
[00:03] | Psychopaths and mystery writers. | 精神病患者和侦探小说作家 |
[00:05] | I’m the kind that pays better. Who am I? | 我属于高收入的后者 我是谁 |
[00:07] | I’m Rick Castle. | 我是里克·卡塞尔 |
[00:09] | I really am ruggedly handsome, aren’t I? | 我浑身都散发着粗犷美 是不是 |
[00:11] | Every writer needs inspiration, | 每位作家都离不开灵感 |
[00:13] | – and I’ve found mine. – Detective Kate Beckett. | -我的灵感已经找到了 -凯特·贝克特探长 |
[00:16] | – Nikki Heat? – The character he’s basing on you. | -妮基·希特 -那个角色是以你为原型 |
[00:18] | And thanks to my friendship with the mayor, | 很庆幸我和市长是朋友 |
[00:19] | I get to be on her case. | 她办案我能跟着 |
[00:21] | I would be happy to let you spank me. | 要是你能打我 我会很开心 |
[00:22] | And together, we catch killers. | 我们一起抓过凶手 |
[00:24] | We make a pretty good team, you know? | 我们俩可是最佳拍档 |
[00:26] | Like Starsky and Hutch, Turner and Hooch. | 像是警界双雄[电影] 福星福将[电影] |
[00:28] | You do remind me a little of Hooch. | 你跟呼哧[福星福将的福星狗]挺像 |
[00:55] | Sorry. Sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[00:56] | What the hell is wrong with you?! | 你搞什么鬼啊你 |
[00:57] | Can’t you see I’m driving here? | 没看到有车开过来吗 |
[01:23] | Hmm. Initial impact size is… | 初始撞击喷溅范围是 |
[01:27] | 14 inches. | 14英寸 |
[01:29] | – What are you doing? – We’re studying | -你干嘛呢 -我们正在学习 |
[01:31] | the practical application of science at school. | 如何将科学理论应用到实际中 |
[01:34] | I’m focusing on forensics, | 我选的是法医学 |
[01:35] | specifically the physics of spatter patterns. | 主要是喷溅模式的物理研究 |
[01:41] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[01:42] | Well, we usually do all your science projects together. | 你的科学试验 以前都是我们一起做的 |
[01:44] | You remember the volcano we made, | 还记得咱俩做的那个小火山吧 |
[01:46] | the flatulent robot? | 还有那个会放屁的机器人 |
[01:48] | Ew. I’m sorry, dad. | 很抱歉 老爸 |
[01:50] | I just got excited about it… | 我只是忍不住跃跃欲试了 |
[01:52] | And you weren’t here. | 而且你刚才又不在 |
[01:53] | – Oh, that’s okay. I can help you finish. – Yeah– | -没关系 我可以帮你做完剩下的 -好啊 |
[01:59] | Beckett? | 贝克特吗 |
[02:00] | Yeah. Um… | 是啊… |
[02:03] | I can stay home. | 我可以留下来的 |
[02:04] | Go ahead. I’ll be fine without you. | 你去吧 我自己也可以搞定的 |
[02:08] | .5… | 点5… |
[02:11] | Severe concussion… | 重度冲击… |
[02:16] | I guess I don’t have to ask about cause of death. | 我看这回不用询问死因了吧 |
[02:18] | He’s not even my first death by fallen object this month. | 他已经不是这个月来第一个坠物致死的了 |
[02:21] | Two weeks ago, an investment banker | 两周前 一个投资银行家 |
[02:23] | took a frozen sausage to the head | 被10楼窗沿上掉下来的 |
[02:25] | from a 10-floor window edge. | 一截冷冻香肠砸中了脑袋 |
[02:27] | It was a pretty old building, maybe it just fell. | 这栋楼看上去挺旧的 也许就是自然坠落的吧 |
[02:29] | Maybe it got a little help from someone. | 我看是有人帮了一把 |
[02:31] | There’s markings here on the stone. | 石头这里有留下痕迹 |
[02:32] | What, a chisel? | 什么 凿子吗 |
[02:33] | Or a crowbar. | 也可能是撬棍 |
[02:35] | I found marks up on the parapet as well. | 我在护墙边上也发现了痕迹 |
[02:37] | I got C.S.U. dusting it for prints. | 已经让鉴证组收集指纹了 |
[02:39] | That’s a long way to go for a murder. | 这样杀人可真够累的 |
[02:40] | Who’d want to drop a gargoyle on someone? | 谁会想着用滴水兽砸死人 |
[02:42] | Well, someone who wants to make it look like an accident. | 他是想让这一切看起来纯属意外 |
[02:44] | He’d have to make sure our victim | 他必须得确保受害人 |
[02:45] | stood there long enough. | 站在这里的时间足够长 |
[02:47] | Had someone tampered with the front door lock when you guys arrived? | 你们来的时候 有没有发现门锁被人破坏过 |
[02:49] | Give that man a prize. | 那家伙破坏水平值得嘉奖 |
[02:50] | Yeah, we had to pop the lock to get in the building. | 我们不得不把锁拆了才能进入大楼 |
[02:52] | Super says our victim’s name is Will Medina. | 大厦管理员说死者名叫威尔·莫迪纳 |
[02:56] | He’s got an apartment up on four, | 他住在四楼 |
[02:57] | and guess who’s got the keys. | 猜猜是谁把钥匙搞到手了 |
[02:59] | I do. | 是我 |
[03:03] | This place looks like a museum. | 这地方简直就是个博物馆 |
[03:05] | Well, that’s because Mr. Medina was | 那是因为莫迪纳先生正是 |
[03:07] | the associate curator at the New York History Museum. | 纽约历史博物馆的副馆长 |
[03:10] | Well, that would explain this. | 也就解释了为什么会有这玩意 |
[03:13] | And I thought a 100-inch flat screen | 我一直以为100英寸的纯平电视 |
[03:14] | would be the ultimate bachelor accessory. | 才是单身汉的终极装备 |
[03:16] | Well, he wasn’t a total bachelor. | 他也不是完全孤身一人的 |
[03:17] | What makes you think that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[03:20] | The… second toothbrush in the bathroom. | 洗手间里有两支牙刷 |
[03:22] | The scented candle on the tub. | 浴缸旁有香薰蜡烛 |
[03:24] | The pair of high heels under his bed, | 床底下还有一双高跟鞋 |
[03:25] | all suggesting that he was in a casual | 这一切都表明他正处在一段随意 |
[03:27] | but steady relationship. | 但稳定的感情中 |
[03:30] | Nicely played. | 推理的不错嘛 |
[03:31] | However I do think you misjudged | 但我认为你对感情关系的 |
[03:33] | the relationship only slightly. | 那部分判断有点小错误 |
[03:35] | “Eat, pray, love.” | 《美食 祈祷和恋爱》[讲述女性成年后追寻自我的畅销书] |
[03:37] | Judging from the condition, | 从书的情况来看 |
[03:39] | I’d say she’s read it more than once, | 我敢说她看了不止一次了 |
[03:40] | meaning that she’s a woman on the other side | 这说明她不属于寻求自我的类型 |
[03:42] | of a search for identity– a romantic, | 而是一个浪漫主义者 |
[03:44] | someone who wouldn’t be satisfied | 因此一段随意的感情生活 |
[03:46] | with just a casual relationship. | 是不会让她满意的 |
[03:48] | And who’s to say that that book isn’t his? | 你怎么知道男人就不会看那书呢 |
[03:52] | Oh, I love that book. Neighbor on two | 我超爱那书 二楼的邻居说 |
[03:55] | says the front door worked just fine at 7:00. | 七点的时候楼下大门还好好的 |
[03:57] | Which means that the killer must have | 也就是说凶手肯定是 |
[03:59] | – tampered with it after then. – Beckett, calendar. | -在那之后把门锁撬坏的 -贝克特 有本日历 |
[04:02] | Check out today’s date. | 看看今天的安排 |
[04:05] | “C.T. 5:30. 1127 Avenue of the Americas.” | “第六大道1127号 五点半 见CT” |
[04:08] | 5:30. That’s two hours before the murder. | 五点半 那是案发前两小时 |
[04:10] | It’s an office building downtown. | 那是市中心的一座写字楼 |
[04:11] | – Let’s check it out after we finish our sweep. – Okay. | -取证后我们过去调查一下 -好的 |
[04:13] | You know, we might want to swing down by the museum, | 咱们最好也去博物馆打听一下 |
[04:16] | see if any of his colleagues can shed some light on who | 看看他的同事能不能想到 |
[04:17] | might want to drop a gargoyle on Mr. Medina’s head. | 谁会用滴水兽砸上莫迪纳的脑袋 |
[04:21] | Either you’re being a good cop, | 你要么是个尽忠职守的警察 |
[04:22] | or you just want to go to the museum. | 要么只是想去博物馆溜达溜达 |
[04:24] | They have dinosaurs there. | 那里有恐龙看耶 |
[04:26] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[04:30] | Oh, man. I love this place! | 天呐 我爱死这地方了 |
[04:33] | When alexis was little, | 阿丽克西斯小的时候 |
[04:34] | we used to come here every Sunday. | 我们每周日都会来这里 |
[04:35] | We would run around here for hours | 在这里转悠几个小时 |
[04:37] | pretending like we were on safari in Africa | 想象我们是在非洲远征狩猎 |
[04:40] | or looking for dinosaurs in China. | 或是在中国寻觅恐龙 |
[04:42] | You know, Castle, sometimes I forget that you have | 卡塞尔 有时候我都差点忘了 |
[04:44] | such a capacity for pure innocence in your life. | 你心中尚存那么一大片的纯真之地 |
[04:46] | Yeah. Plus, it was a great place to pick up chicks. | 没错 补充一句 这里也很适合泡妞 |
[04:49] | And then you open your mouth and you ruin it. | 但你一张嘴就原形毕露了 |
[04:51] | Hi. I need to speak with someone about Will Medina. | 你好 我想找人谈谈有关威尔·莫迪纳的事情 |
[04:55] | I just can’t believe Will’s dead. | 我难以相信威尔辞世了 |
[04:57] | Dr. Raynes, | 雷恩斯博士 |
[04:58] | how long did you and Mr. Medina know each other? | 你和莫迪纳先生认识多久了 |
[04:59] | Two years. The first thing I did | 两年了 我成为博物馆馆长以后 |
[05:01] | when I got the job as museum curator | 做的第一件事就是把 |
[05:03] | was to hire him away from the U.S. Geographic Institute | 他从联邦地理研究所雇了过来 |
[05:05] | to lead the kan-Xul expedition. | 领导坎许尔考察队 |
[05:07] | – Kan-xul? – The legendary Mayan king. | -坎许尔 -颇具传奇色彩的玛雅国王 |
[05:10] | What you see here represents the single most important | 你们眼前的就是有关玛雅历史 |
[05:13] | archeological find in Mayan history– | 最重要的考古发现 |
[05:16] | His burial chamber–where he was entombed with a dozen | 他的墓室 给他陪葬的还有十来个 |
[05:19] | of his mummified slaves. | 木乃伊化的奴隶 |
[05:20] | – So kind of like a Mayan King Tut? – Exactly. | -类似于玛雅版的图坦卡蒙[埃及法老] -没错 |
[05:24] | You know, the exhibit opens in less than a month. | 这些陈列品被挖掘出来还不到一个月 |
[05:25] | I-I can’t imagine having to do it without Will. | 我真不知道没有了威尔的协助该怎么办 |
[05:28] | He’s the one that discovered the site. | 遗址是他发现的 |
[05:29] | When was the last time you saw Mr. Medina? | 你最后一次见到莫迪纳是什么时候 |
[05:32] | 4:30 today. | 今天下午四点半 |
[05:33] | And how well did the two of you know each other? | 你们俩交情如何 |
[05:35] | – Why? – I’m gonna have to contact his next of kin. | -怎么了 -我需要联系他的亲属 |
[05:38] | His parents are both dead, | 他父母双亡 |
[05:39] | and I believe he was an only child. | 而且我肯定他是独子 |
[05:42] | And what about his girlfriend? | 那他的女朋友呢 |
[05:43] | Last I heard, he was single. | 据我所知 他还是单身 |
[06:31] | What are you doing?! This mummy’s over 2,000 years old. | 你干嘛 这具木乃伊已有两千多年历史 |
[06:36] | Exposure to air in an unfiltered environment | 暴露在未经过滤的空气中 |
[06:38] | could be catastrophic. | 会造成毁灭性破坏 |
[06:39] | Sorry. I-I didn’t– I didn’t know. This– | 对不起 我 我不知道 |
[06:41] | Rachel. It’s okay. He’s with the police. | 蕾切尔 没事的 他是和警察一起的 |
[06:43] | Rachel Walters is our mummification expert. | 蕾切尔·沃特斯是我们的木乃伊研究专家 |
[06:45] | – She worked with Will. – Did something happen to him? | -她和威尔一起工作 -他发生了什么事 |
[06:49] | He was killed earlier tonight. | 今晚早些时候他遇害了 |
[06:52] | That–that’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[06:54] | – Were the two of you close? – Only professionally. | -你们俩关系好吗 -只是工作关系 |
[06:57] | – Stanford – It doesn’t mean anything. | -斯坦福 -这并不意味着什么 |
[06:59] | It’s just a terrible accident. | 只是一次可怕的事故而已 |
[07:01] | Actually, we believe he was murdered. | 事实上 我们相信他是被谋杀的 |
[07:03] | It wasn’t murder. | 这根本不是谋杀 |
[07:06] | It was the curse. | 而是一个诅咒 |
[07:09] | Detective Beckett, Mr. Castle, | 贝克特探长 卡塞尔先生 |
[07:10] | Rupert Bentley, our co-financier… | 鲁伯特·本特利 本次考察的 |
[07:12] | -Pleasure. – of the expedition. | -很荣幸 -联合投资人 |
[07:14] | I’m sorry, did you say “Curse”? | 不好意思 你刚才是说诅咒吗 |
[07:16] | Tell them, Stanford. | 告诉他们啊 斯坦福 |
[07:18] | Tell them what was written | 给他们讲讲 |
[07:19] | at the entrance to the burial chamber. | 墓室入口处都写了些什么 |
[07:21] | “All who gaze on the face of the Mayan King | “直面玛雅王逝容者 |
[07:24] | shall be struck down by his wrath.” | 必遭天谴横袭” |
[07:26] | Mayan King? This Mayan King? | 玛雅王 这个玛雅王吗 |
[07:30] | That very one. They all looked inside, | 就是他了 凡是见过棺材里尊容的人 |
[07:33] | and they’re all dead. | 都已经魂归天国了 |
[07:34] | There were other incidents? | 还发生过其他意外吗 |
[07:35] | All easily explainable. | 都很容易解释的 |
[07:37] | One of our grad students, Nicole Graham, | 我们的一个研究生妮可·格雷厄姆 |
[07:39] | was mauled to death by a jaguar outside the dig site. | 在挖掘现场外 被美洲豹袭击身亡 |
[07:41] | And professor Fisher died of Dengue Fever. | 而费希尔教授则是死于登革热 |
[07:44] | Which is common in that region, | 这病在当地很常见 |
[07:46] | as are curses written above grave sites. | 就好像在墓室口刻上诅咒一样常见 |
[07:48] | It’s how they kept people from robbing them | 他们以此防止后人盗墓 |
[07:50] | for thousands of years. | 数千年来一直如此 |
[07:51] | Well, I can assure you | 我可以肯定地告诉你们 |
[07:52] | that whatever killed Mr. Medina was very human. | 莫迪纳先生一定是死于人类之手的 |
[07:54] | Do you know if he had any enemies? | 你们知道他有仇家吗 |
[07:56] | Will was passionate. | 威尔是个充满激情的人 |
[07:58] | Nothing could stop him from getting what he wanted. | 他想要的东西没人可以阻挡得了 |
[08:00] | It’s what made him such a great archeologist, | 这也是他能成为伟大的考古学家的原因 |
[08:03] | but it also rubbed some people the wrong way. | 但他也会因此不经意间惹毛其他人 |
[08:05] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是? |
[08:06] | The indigenous mayans he worked with | 和他一起工作的玛雅当地人说 |
[08:07] | claimed that he tricked them into revealing | 他是从他们口中骗得 |
[08:09] | the location of the burial site. | 墓室遗址的具体位置的 |
[08:10] | He’d receive death threats. | 他曾收到过死亡恐吓信 |
[08:12] | And how do you know that? | 你又是怎么知道这事的 |
[08:14] | I’d received one, too. | 因为我也收到过 |
[08:19] | It’s written in ancient Mayan. | 是用古玛雅文写的 |
[08:24] | This is just like the one | 这和我们在莫迪纳家里 |
[08:25] | that we found in Medina’s apartment. | 发现的那封一模一样 |
[08:26] | What does it say? | 这上面写的是什么 |
[08:28] | “Death awaits the robber of graves.” | “盗墓者命数已尽” |
[08:50] | That was the lab. They didn’t find any fingerprints | 化验室打来的 没有找到任何指纹 |
[08:52] | on either one of the death threats, | 两封恐吓信上都没有 |
[08:53] | which means all we’ve got to go on is the postmark. | 这意味着我们只能从邮戳上找线索了 |
[08:57] | So we’re looking for an angry Mayan | 我们要找的是一位愤怒的玛雅人 |
[08:59] | who mailed a death threat from | 这个人三天前从 |
[09:00] | Spanish Harlem three days ago. | 西班牙哈莱姆区[位于纽约]寄出了一封恐吓信 |
[09:02] | How tough can that be? | 这完全就是大海捞针 |
[09:03] | Well, I called the Mexican embassy and asked them | 我已经通知了墨西哥大使馆并请他们 |
[09:05] | to put their feelers out to the indigenous rights community. | 留意和试探一下当地原住民维权组织 |
[09:07] | You never know. You might get a decent tip. | 很难说 说不定就能柳暗花明呢 |
[09:09] | You know, this guy Medina– | 莫迪纳此人 |
[09:11] | When he was a grad student, he walked into the Amazon | 当他还是个研究生的时候 就孤身深入亚马逊 |
[09:14] | with nothing but a backpack and some satellite images. | 除了一个背包和卫星图像外 身无一物 |
[09:16] | He walked out a month later | 一个月后 他带着 |
[09:18] | with the golden head of Yax Pac. | 雅克斯潘[科潘玛雅古城统治者]的金铸人头走了出来 |
[09:20] | This guy is like Indiana Jones, | 这人简直就是印第安纳·琼斯[《夺宝奇兵》男主角] |
[09:22] | but with space-age technology. | 只不过多了点现代化装备而已 |
[09:24] | Ooh! Which would’ve been such a better movie | 哇 这要是拍成电影的话肯定比 |
[09:26] | – than that last one. – Hey, Beckett. | -之前那部卖座多了 -贝克特 |
[09:27] | Did you guys get lucky with the mysterious “C.T.”? | 关于那个神秘的”C.T.” 有线索了吗 |
[09:29] | Eight people with the initials C.T. | 一共有8个名字首字母是C.T.的人 |
[09:31] | work out of 1127 Avenue of the Americas. | 在第六大道1127号上班 |
[09:33] | None of ’em have heard of Medina. | 但没有一个人听说过莫迪纳 |
[09:35] | And there’s a coffee shop on the ground floor, | 另外 那里底层有一间咖啡店 |
[09:37] | maybe he met C.T. there。 | 也许他是和C.T.在那见面的 |
[09:38] | But none of the waitresses | 但是那里的服务员 |
[09:39] | recognized Medina’s photograph. | 没一个认得出照片上的莫迪纳 |
[09:40] | Anything on the girlfriend? | 他女朋友有什么消息吗 |
[09:41] | No one from the museum | 博物馆的人甚至连 |
[09:42] | can even verify that Medina had a girlfriend. | 莫迪纳有女朋友都不知道 |
[09:45] | And that second set of prints | 至于我们在他房里 |
[09:46] | that we found at his apartment | 收集到的另一指纹 |
[09:48] | doesn’t match anything in our system. | 在我们的系统里也查不到对应信息 |
[09:50] | So far this case is nothing but dead ends. | 到目前为止 这单案子算是走进死胡同了 |
[09:52] | – Mm. You know why? – Why? | -你知道为什么吗 -为什么 |
[09:54] | Because Castle’s cursed. | 因为卡塞尔被诅咒了 |
[10:00] | You had to tell them, did you? | 你不告诉他们会憋死是吧 |
[10:01] | Yes. Yes, I did. | 没错 会憋死的 |
[10:04] | Well, gentlemen, you’ll be happy to know, | 好吧各位 很抱歉让你们失望了 |
[10:06] | I don’t believe in curses. | 我才不信什么诅咒呢 |
[10:08] | Seriously, bro, | 说真的 兄弟 |
[10:09] | I saw a special on TV. | 我在电视上看过一期特别节目 |
[10:11] | bunch of the guys who found king Tut’s tomb | 发现图坦卡蒙金字塔的那帮人 |
[10:14] | ended up dying under weird circumstances. | 最后都相继离奇死亡了 |
[10:16] | Yes, and there’s an explanation for that. | 没错 但那都是有原因的 |
[10:17] | Evidence shows that some toxins were released | 有证据表明当他们打开石棺的时候 |
[10:20] | when they opened the sarcophagus. | 里面释放出了部分有毒气体 |
[10:22] | Well, didn’t you say that | 你不是说过 |
[10:23] | that mummy smelled kinda funny? | 那木乃伊闻起来怪怪的吗 |
[10:24] | Well, yes, but there was– | 是的 但是 |
[10:26] | And you did gaze upon the face of the mummy? | 而且你确实看到了那木乃伊的脸 对吧 |
[10:34] | You guys, there is no curse. | 世上根本没有诅咒这回事 |
[10:36] | Ow. Paper cut. | 啊 纸割到手了 |
[10:40] | Yes, the curse gave me a paper cut. | 是啊 诅咒导致我手指被划破 |
[10:44] | These things start small. Then they snowball. | 被诅咒都是从小事开始 像滚雪球一样 |
[10:46] | Yep. My abuela always said… | 是啊 我祖母总是说 |
[10:48] | La mala suerte siempre viene de tres en tres. | *西班牙语* |
[10:52] | Bad luck always comes in threes. | 霉运总是一来就来三个 |
[10:53] | Threes, like celebrities. They always die in threes. | 就像明星 总是一下死掉三个 |
[10:57] | I’m living in the Dark Ages here. | 看来我活在”黑暗时代”[欧洲中世纪前期] |
[11:00] | Why don’t you guys check with Lanie | 你们去蕾妮那看看 |
[11:01] | – and see if she found anything okay? -Okay. | -她是不是有新发现 -好的 |
[11:09] | Medina’s cell phone. It was in his jacket pocket. | 莫迪纳的手机 在他外套口袋里找到的 |
[11:12] | I doubt gargoyle attack is covered under his warranty. | 我想被滴水兽砸坏可不在保修范围之内 |
[11:15] | Get it–phone, warranty? | 明白笑点了吗 手机 保修 |
[11:18] | I’ll have tech pull the SIM card. | 我让技术人员查一下手机卡 |
[11:20] | Speaking of gargoyles, we found trace amounts | 说到滴水兽 我们发现在被凿过的地方 |
[11:23] | of a substance by the chisel markings. | 有一些残留物质 |
[11:25] | It was probably on the killer’s clothes and was transferred | 很可能是凶手衣服上的 |
[11:27] | to the statue when he pushed it over. | 在他推倒滴水兽时留下的 |
[11:29] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[11:30] | The lab says they’ve never seen anything like it. | 化验室说没见过类似的物质 |
[11:32] | It’s a mixture of mostly organic compounds, | 其组成有大部分是有机化合物 |
[11:34] | including trace amounts of pollen. | 包括一些花粉的残留 |
[11:36] | Medina’s apartment’s not far from the park. | 莫迪纳的公寓离公园很近 |
[11:38] | Maybe our killer cut through | 也许凶手行凶前经过公园 |
[11:40] | – there on his way to do the deed. – Nice idea, | -的时候沾到身上的 -想法不错 |
[11:42] | but this pollen is from a particular kind of calabash | 不过这种花粉是来自一种特殊的葫芦 |
[11:44] | that only grows in the lowlands of the Yucatan Peninsula. | 这种植物只在尤卡坦半岛[中美洲北部]的低地生长 |
[11:47] | – Where the dig site was. – Oh, it gets better. | -遗址的所在地 -还有更绝的 |
[11:50] | We found trace amounts of the same pollen | 我们在两封恐吓信上 |
[11:53] | on both death threats. | 都发现了此种花粉 |
[11:56] | There’s a good chance, | 寄恐吓信的人 |
[11:57] | whoever sent this is your killer. | 很有可能就是凶手 |
[11:59] | And it’s unlikely | 还有就是 |
[12:00] | he would still have trace amounts of pollen on him | 他身上残留的花粉表示 |
[12:02] | unless he had been in the Yucatan | 他几天前 |
[12:04] | sometime in the last few days. | 还在尤卡坦地区逗留过 |
[12:07] | Uh, yes, we’ll hold. | 好 我等着 |
[12:10] | Why is this taking so long? | 怎么要用这么长时间 |
[12:11] | How many Mayans from the Yucatan lowlands | 能有几个住在尤卡坦低地的玛雅人 |
[12:13] | could possibly have flown into the New York area | 刚好在这几天坐飞机 |
[12:15] | – in the last few days? – T.S.A. computers are down. | -来纽约啊 -运输局的电脑坏了 |
[12:17] | Oh. Well, that’s reassuring. | 真会”安慰”人 |
[12:20] | You know, Castle, this Kan-Xul was no joke. Legend has, | 卡塞尔 这个坎许尔可不是盖的 传说中 |
[12:23] | he personally conducted hundreds of human sacrifices. | 他亲自安排了数百人给他陪葬 |
[12:26] | You know why his burial chamber was so hard to find, right? | 你知道他的墓为什么那么难发现吧 |
[12:28] | Because his own people buried it so that | 因为他的人民把他埋得很深 |
[12:30] | he couldn’t come back from the grave and get them. | 以防他从墓穴里爬出来继续奴役他们 |
[12:31] | Yes, yes, yes. Scary mummy, I get it. Thank you. | 行了 吓人的木乃伊 了解 十分感谢 |
[12:39] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[12:41] | Yeah, yeah. It’s an old chair, that’s all. | 没事 椅子有点旧了 没什么 |
[12:43] | Just, uh, keep telling yourself that. | 你也可以这么安慰自己 |
[12:46] | Yes. | 我还在 |
[12:48] | Okay. Uh, great. Could you fax it over right away? | 好的 太好了 现在能传真过来吗 |
[12:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:53] | T.S.A. reports that a Mayan named Cacaw Te | 运输局说有个叫查卡·泰的玛雅人 |
[12:55] | arrived in J.F.K. four days ago on a tourist visa. | 四天前持旅游签证抵达肯尼迪机场 |
[12:57] | Cacaw Te? Cacaw Te? C.T.! | 查卡·泰 查卡·泰 CT |
[12:59] | His visa application puts his home address | 他签证上的家庭地址正是 |
[13:01] | right in the middle of our pollen zone. | 被发现的花粉的生长地区 |
[13:06] | I’m guessing that guy was not class clown in high school. | 我猜这人高中时肯定不是班级活宝类型 |
[13:09] | This is a local address. Let’s go get him. | 这是他纽约的地址 去找他谈谈 |
[13:11] | – Ooh, can I drive? – No. | -能让我开车吗 -不行 |
[13:16] | Can we call you Mr. T.? | 能称呼你踢先生吗 |
[13:19] | It’s Te. Cacaw Te. | 是泰 查卡·泰 |
[13:22] | You got quite the resume, Mr. Te. | 你干过的事情不少啊 泰先生 |
[13:24] | According to the Mexican embassy, you were | 根据墨西哥大使馆的记录 |
[13:26] | arrested in 2007 for assaulting a group of tourists. | 2007年你因为袭击游客被捕 |
[13:30] | They were trespassing on sacred Mayan soil. | 他们擅自踏入神圣的玛雅领地 |
[13:33] | You sent two of them to the hospital. | 其中两位被你打伤入院 |
[13:35] | Things got out of hand, but that’s not why I’m here, is it? | 情况有点失控 不过这不是我被审问的原因吧 |
[13:37] | Sending death threats through the U.S. Mail is a felony. | 通过美国邮政进行恐吓是重罪 |
[13:41] | Oh, and so is murder, or as your ancestors like to call it, | 谋杀也是重罪 用你祖先的话叫做 |
[13:44] | human sacrifice. | 陪葬 |
[13:46] | I don’t know what you’re talkin’ about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[13:49] | Does this jog your memory? | 看看这个能不能唤醒你的记忆 |
[13:53] | Medina refused to see me when I went to the museum. | 我去博物馆的时候 莫迪纳拒绝与我见面 |
[13:56] | I sent that because he left me no other choice. | 他令我除了寄信 别无选择 |
[13:59] | And he needed to be told | 得有人告知他 |
[14:01] | that the museum must return the artifacts | 博物馆必须交还他们从我们玛雅人 |
[14:03] | that they stole from my people. | 那里盗取的文物 |
[14:05] | Those items weren’t stolen. | 那些文物不是偷的 |
[14:06] | Your government made a deal with the museum. | 墨西哥政府与博物馆达成了协议 |
[14:08] | But not with us. The Mayans are not a dead race. | 我们不认可 玛雅人并没有灭绝 |
[14:12] | There are seven million of us in Mexico and | 在墨西哥和中美洲还有7百万玛雅人 |
[14:13] | Central America– the direct descendants of Kan-Xul. | 都是坎许尔的直系后代 |
[14:17] | His remains and all that was buried with him belong to us. | 他的遗体及陪葬品均属于我们 |
[14:20] | Is that why you sent the death threat to Medina? | 这就是你给莫迪纳寄恐吓信的原因 |
[14:22] | It wasn’t a threat. It was a reminder | 不是恐吓 是个提醒 |
[14:25] | of the fate that awaited him | 告诉他不归还文物 |
[14:27] | if he did not return what he stole. | 他会有什么样的下场 |
[14:29] | Where were you last night between 7:00 and 8:00? | 昨晚七点到八点你在什么地方 |
[14:32] | I didn’t kill him. I didn’t need to. | 我没杀他 根本不需要 |
[14:35] | Because all who suffer from the mummy’s curse | 因为被木乃伊诅咒的人 |
[14:38] | are doomed to die. | 注定只有死路一条 |
[14:43] | Hey, Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[14:45] | Looks like Cacaw Te isn’t our C.T. after all. | 看来查卡·泰不是我们要找的CT |
[14:48] | He was uptown meeting with a telemundo reporter | 下午五点半 他在市中心与西语频道的记者会面 |
[14:50] | about the, uh, injustice of the exhibit at 5:30. | 讨论这场展览的不公正问题 |
[14:53] | He didn’t finish until after 8:00. | 直到晚上八点后才结束访问 |
[14:55] | Well, what about the pollen? | 花粉的线索呢 |
[14:56] | Turns out the area where the expedition was camped | 看来考察队扎营的那个地方 |
[14:58] | would’ve been covered with the stuff. | 到处都是这种花粉 |
[14:59] | Lanie says it’s a safe bet | 蕾妮说保守估计 |
[15:01] | that there’s traces of it all over the exhibit. | 所有展出品都会有这种花粉的残留 |
[15:02] | Okay, but let’s hold him on the death threats. | 好吧 先以恐吓罪关押他 |
[15:04] | I got a feeling he knows more than he’s letting on. | 我感觉他还有事情没告诉我们 |
[15:06] | Contents of Medina’s phone. There was nothing | 莫迪纳的手机资料 |
[15:08] | interesting in the call list or the calendar. | 日程表和通话记录都没有什么特别的 |
[15:10] | But we hit the girlfriend jackpot | 但是通过里面的照片 |
[15:11] | – with the photos. – He’s sleeping with a mummy? | -发现了女友的线索 -木乃伊是他女朋友 |
[15:14] | Ye–what? No. | 什么 不是 |
[15:16] | Oh, sorry. You have to flip to the last one. | 抱歉 你得翻到最后一张 |
[15:21] | That’s Rachel Walters. | 这是蕾切尔·沃特斯 |
[15:23] | No one at the museum knew they were seeing each other? | 博物馆没人知道他们的关系吗 |
[15:24] | Maybe she’s got something to hide. | 她可能有什么见不得人的事 |
[15:27] | Like murder? | 比如说谋杀 |
[15:38] | It started after we got back from Mexico. | 我们从墨西哥回来之后开始交往的 |
[15:41] | Why did you lie to everyone? | 为什么对大家说谎 |
[15:43] | I didn’t want to get fired. | 因为我不想被开除 |
[15:44] | Why would Stanford fire you? | 为什么斯坦福会开除你 |
[15:45] | Because he and Will hated each other. | 因为他和威尔互相敌视 |
[15:48] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:49] | Stanford blamed Will for Nicole’s death. | 斯坦福把妮可的死归咎于威尔 |
[15:51] | The girl who was killed in Mexico? | 在墨西哥去世的那个女孩 |
[15:53] | Stanford put Will in charge of all the grad students. | 斯坦福让威尔全权管理研究生 |
[15:56] | He wanted Will to teach them | 他希望威尔能教会他们 |
[15:57] | how to survive in such a hostile environment. | 如何在极其恶劣的环境中生存 |
[15:59] | When Nicole died, Stanford was devastated. | 妮可去世后 斯坦福非常伤心 |
[16:03] | He felt Will had betrayed his trust, | 他觉得威尔辜负了他的信任 |
[16:04] | letting her go alone into the jungle at night. | 任由妮可晚上单独进入丛林 |
[16:07] | And ever since we got back, | 自从我们回来后 |
[16:08] | Stanford’s been trying to get rid of Will, but he can’t, | 斯坦福就想方设法地要炒掉威尔 可是他不能 |
[16:11] | because Will’s the one who discovered the burial chamber. | 因为威尔才是发现墓室遗址的人 |
[16:14] | Do you think he would’ve gone as far as murder to get rid of Will? | 你认为斯坦福会谋杀威尔吗 |
[16:21] | Stanford told me | 斯坦福曾跟我说 |
[16:22] | that Will is the one that should’ve died that night, | 那晚死的应该是威尔 |
[16:24] | not Nicole. | 而不是妮可 |
[16:27] | The fact that Will and I didn’t get along | 威尔和我关系不好 |
[16:28] | doesn’t mean I killed him. | 并不代表我就会杀他 |
[16:29] | Not getting along with someone is a lot different | 关系不好和把女孩的死 |
[16:31] | than blaming him for a girl’s death. | 归罪于他可是两码事 |
[16:33] | You thought he should’ve done a better job watching over her. | 你认为他应该好好的照顾她 |
[16:35] | No, I thought he shouldn’t be sneaking into the jungle to have sex with her. | 不 我认为他不应该大半夜偷偷跑到丛林里和她发生关系 |
[16:39] | That’s why she was out there the night she died. | 这才是她出事那晚出现在丛林的原因 |
[16:41] | Only Will stood her up, | 只是那晚威尔爽约了 |
[16:42] | – and she paid the price. – And how do you know this? | -妮可却遭了殃 -这事你是怎么知道的 |
[16:45] | I caught them together two days before she died. | 她出事的前两天 我撞见他们两个在一起 |
[16:48] | I told him to break it off– he was her boss– | 我让他终止这段关系 他是她的上司 |
[16:51] | But he refused. | 被他拒绝了 |
[16:53] | That girl had a bright future. | 那女孩本来有着锦绣前程 |
[16:55] | And his carelessness took it from her. | 他没心没肺地将一切都葬送了 |
[16:57] | Where were you when Medina was killed? | 莫迪纳遇害时你在哪里 |
[16:59] | Right here, working. | 就在这 工作 |
[17:00] | You can check with security, ask the staff. | 你可以查查保安的记录 问问我的同事 |
[17:02] | I’m basically living here until | 展览开始之前 |
[17:04] | – the exhibit launches. – Great. Then we’ll know | – 我基本以这儿为家了 – 太好了 万一 |
[17:05] | where to find you in case your alibi doesn’t check out. | 你的不在场证明不成立 我们也知道你在哪儿 |
[17:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:10] | What happened to Will wasn’t the curse. | 威尔的遭遇不是因为诅咒 |
[17:13] | It was karma. | 是因果报应 |
[17:18] | Do you believe that people get what they deserve? | 你相信善恶到头终有报吗 |
[17:20] | Well, if they do, then I must have done | 如果真是这样 我肯定是干了 |
[17:22] | something pretty terrible to be punished with you. | 非常坏的事才被惩罚和你一起 |
[17:24] | Funny. | 真好笑 |
[17:26] | Mr. Castle, Detective. | 卡塞尔先生 探长 |
[17:29] | Seen our new ad campaign? | 看见我们新的宣传语了吗 |
[17:31] | “Do you dare see the mummy of the Mayan King.” | 你敢不敢一睹玛雅王木乃伊真容 |
[17:36] | Tasteful. | “有品位” |
[17:37] | Come on, Detective. You gotta give people what they want. | 拜托 探长 这是民心所向 |
[17:41] | They are eating the curse up. | 他们现在还就吃”诅咒”这一套 |
[17:43] | Ever since the story broke, | 自从消息传出去 |
[17:45] | ticket presales have jumped 20%. | 预售票销量增长了20% |
[17:47] | But what about when people come and see the mummy | 但是如果来看展览的人看完木乃伊 |
[17:49] | and then they get hit by a car or slip on a banana peel? | 就被车撞了或是踩到香蕉皮摔倒怎么办 |
[17:53] | – Then they’re gonna sue you. – I have to make a call. | -他们可是会起诉你的 -我去打个电话 |
[18:00] | Okay. Thanks, Bill. | 好的 谢谢 比尔 |
[18:02] | Hey, did you get a confirmation | 可以证实斯坦福和蕾切尔的 |
[18:03] | on Stanford’s and Rachel’s alibis? | 不在场证明了吗 |
[18:05] | Museum security has them both logged in, | 博物馆保安确认了他们的登记记录 |
[18:07] | but I haven’t been able to find anyone | 但是目前为止没有任何人能够 |
[18:09] | who could definitively state that Stanford or Rachel | 确定在可能杀掉威尔再返回博物馆的 |
[18:10] | were there during the hour it would’ve taken to kill Will | 这一个小时里 斯坦福和蕾切尔的 |
[18:13] | – and get back to the museum. – I think I found something. | -具体行踪 -发现了新线索 |
[18:17] | Turns out our victim deposited 10 grand into his bank account four days before he was killed. | 就在被害人遇害的四天前他在他的银行账户存入了1万元 |
[18:21] | Where’d he get that kind of money? | 这些钱是从哪来的 |
[18:22] | Unknown, but he withdrew the same amount | 不知道 不过他被害当天早上 |
[18:24] | – the morning he died. – $10,000 in, $10,000 out. | -他取出了同样数目 -存一万取一万 |
[18:26] | Sounds like he’s laundering money to me. | 看样子他是在洗钱 |
[18:27] | Okay, you guys check with the bank | 好吧 明天一早你们 |
[18:28] | first thing in the morning. | 去银行查一查 |
[18:29] | Let’s see where that money came from. | 看看钱是从哪来的 |
[18:31] | Ow! My face! | 天啊 我的脸 |
[18:39] | What happened? | 这怎么回事 |
[18:40] | I don’t know. I was just gonna make a coffee, | 不知道 我就是想冲杯咖啡 |
[18:43] | and… the cappuccino machine started shaking. | 之后咖啡机就开始摇晃 |
[18:45] | And just as I hit the deck, it exploded. | 我撞上了桌子 咖啡机就爆炸了 |
[18:47] | – You could’ve been killed. – I know! | -有可能这个就要了你的命 -就是 |
[18:59] | Oh, very–okay. Very funny. | 好吧 真好笑 |
[19:02] | Yes, you got me. | 原来被你们整蛊了 |
[19:03] | Ooh. I’m Castle. I don’t believe in curses. | 我是卡塞尔 我不信诅咒那套 |
[19:08] | What, did you get bomb disposal to rig something up? | 你不会是用废弃的炸弹零件做的机关吧 |
[19:10] | – Yeah, it was all flash and no damage. – And the chair? | -是啊 闹着玩 没什么损坏 -那椅子呢 |
[19:13] | I just pulled a couple of screws and let gravity do the rest. | 我只是弄松了几个螺丝 之后就交给地心引力了 |
[19:17] | Night, Castle. | 晚安 卡塞尔 |
[19:21] | I’m not cleaning this up! | 我可不收拾这烂摊子 |
[19:26] | I better clean this up. | 我还是收拾收拾吧 |
[19:30] | – That was so mean. – Oh, I knew the whole time. | -他们太坏了 -我早就看出来了 |
[19:32] | Oh, sure you did. | 是啊 你看出来了 |
[19:34] | You know, there are some mysteries that science | 知道吗 有些奥秘是科学解释不了的 |
[19:37] | can’t explain, like Stonehenge and Deja vu. | 比如说巨石阵和似曾相识 |
[19:39] | And some curses are real, like the scottish play. | 有些诅咒也是真的 比如说苏格兰戏剧 |
[19:42] | Oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[19:44] | There’s no one more superstitious than an actor. | 没有比演员更迷信的人了 |
[19:46] | The “Scottish play”? Are you talking about “Macbeth”? | 苏格兰戏剧 你是说《麦克白》吗 |
[19:49] | No, darling. You never say the name. | 别 亲爱的 不要说名字 |
[19:52] | – “Macbeth.” – No. | -《麦克白》 -不要 |
[19:54] | To do so… | 这样做 |
[19:56] | Is to invite grave misfortune. No, I am serious. | 会带来霉运的 我可是认真的 |
[19:59] | You know, I didn’t– I didn’t know it at the time– | 知道吗 那时候我不知道这种事 |
[20:01] | I was in my high school drama class, | 我在高中戏剧班 |
[20:02] | I said the name, I wasn’t thinking. | 我说了那个名字 想都没想 |
[20:04] | For the next two days, nothing went right. | 接下来两天 没一件事顺利 |
[20:07] | I mean, Lady Macbeth twisted her ankle, | 演麦克白夫人的扭伤了脚踝 |
[20:09] | the three witches caught pneumonia. | 演女巫们的得了肺炎 |
[20:11] | Finally the director said, | 最后导演说 |
[20:12] | “All right, this is what you have to do.” | 好吧 你必须这样做 |
[20:13] | I had to run around | 我不得不绕着 |
[20:14] | the outside of the theater building counterclockwise, | 剧院大楼逆时针的跑 |
[20:16] | knock on the door till someone let me in. | 然后敲门敲到有人让我进去 |
[20:21] | Well, I’d love to stand around | 我倒是很想在这 |
[20:23] | and tell scary stories all day ’cause I’m really good at it… | 讲一整天鬼故事 我讲的可好了 |
[20:25] | But I have a date with a murder investigation. | 不过我与谋杀调查有约在先 |
[20:29] | It’s lucky your father doesn’t believe in the curse. | 还好你爸爸不相信诅咒 |
[20:32] | – Why? – Because he’s going into a building… | -怎么了 -因为他要去的地方 |
[20:34] | – full of guns. – I heard that. | -到处都是枪 -我可听见了噢 |
[20:38] | Hey, guys. What’d you find out at Medina’s bank? | 伙计们 莫迪纳银行账户有什么发现 |
[20:40] | Well, it turns out the deposit | 原来存取款 |
[20:41] | and the withdrawal were both made in cash. | 都是以现金的形式 |
[20:43] | The bank manager remembers the withdrawal | 银行经理对他有印象 |
[20:44] | because he had to personally authorize it. | 是因为取款需经他亲自授权 |
[20:46] | The bank manager was pretty sure | 银行经理确定 |
[20:47] | Medina was with somebody at the time, | 莫迪纳是和某人一起去的 |
[20:48] | so he pulled the surveillance video, | 所以他调出了监控录像 |
[20:50] | revealing this shining example of thuggery. | 发现了这位为钱什么事都做的”大人物” |
[20:52] | Any idea who he is? | 知道他是谁吗 |
[20:54] | – Do you wanna? – No, bro, you caught it. | -你想说吗 -你来 你发现的 老兄 |
[20:56] | – You sure? – Yeah, it’s yours. Go ahead. | -你真不说 -还是你说吧 说啊 |
[20:57] | You know, whenever you guys are done being cute. | 拜托 你俩快别装可爱了 |
[21:03] | – No, he didn’t. – Yeah, he did. | -不会吧 -是啊 是这样 |
[21:05] | Aruba is nice this time of year. | 阿鲁巴这个时候景色很美的 |
[21:06] | Meet Mr. Norton Grimes. | 这位是诺顿·格莱姆斯先生 |
[21:08] | He recently had the privilege of doing two years | 这小子因为毒品走私 |
[21:09] | for drug trafficking at Franklin Correctional. | 有幸在富兰克林监狱蹲了两年 |
[21:12] | That’s what the money was for. Mexico is cocaine central. | 这就是钱的来源 墨西哥是可卡因交易的中心 |
[21:14] | What better way to sneak drugs into the country | 没有比利用考古运输做幌子 |
[21:16] | other than inside an archeological shipment? | 把毒品偷运到国内更好的办法了 |
[21:18] | Medina was in bed with a drug trafficker,got him killed. | 莫迪纳和毒品贩子同流合污害死了自己 |
[21:21] | You know, there’s a current address here. | 这有他现在的地址 |
[21:22] | What’s say we go see if he’s awake? | 让我们去看看他起床了没 |
[21:27] | – Come on, Castle. Let’s go. – Can I drive? | -上路 卡塞尔 -我能开车吗 |
[21:29] | Are you kidding? You’re cursed. | 别开玩笑了 你都被诅咒了 |
[21:39] | I got two uniforms posted out in back | 我派了两名警员在屋后堵截 |
[21:41] | in case he decides to rabbit. | 以防他从后门逃跑 |
[21:42] | Castle, you sure you don’t want to stay in the car? | 卡塞尔 你确定不待在车里吗 |
[21:44] | We don’t want the curse to get you. | 我不希望诅咒在你的身上应验 |
[21:46] | I’m good to go. | 我很好呀 |
[21:47] | Okay. Ready? | 好吧 住备好了 |
[21:53] | Norton Grimes. Police. Show me your hands. | 诺顿·格莱姆斯 警察 举起双手 |
[21:57] | Nice doggy. Good doggy. | 好狗儿 乖狗儿 |
[21:58] | Look out! Ah! He got me! He got me! | 小心 妈呀 它咬到我了 它咬到我了 |
[22:01] | – Castle, run! – Aah! | -卡塞尔 快跑 -啊 |
[22:22] | Right this way, Mr. Grimes. | 这边走 格莱姆斯先生 |
[22:24] | I could’ve been killed. | 我差点就死了 |
[22:25] | But you weren’t. | 但你还健在啊 |
[22:27] | Look, you go through enough doors. | 你进进出出多少门了 |
[22:29] | At some point, you’re gonna find a dog on the other side. | 有时候 门后就会有只狗在那儿 |
[22:30] | Yes, but it didn’t happen at some point, did it? | 是的 但偏偏”有时候”没有狗 |
[22:32] | It happened today… | 就今天有 |
[22:33] | right after I gazed into the face of the mummy. | 就在我看了木乃伊的脸之后 |
[22:35] | Okay, I admit that the timing was a little troublesome, | 好吧 我承认不恰当的时机会带来麻烦 |
[22:37] | but I promise you, there is no curse. | 但我保证 没有诅咒这回事 |
[22:39] | Beckett. Oh, hey. It’s Lanie. | 我是贝克特 是蕾妮 |
[22:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:46] | Right. | 是的 |
[22:49] | Well, what does that mean? | 但那是什么意思 |
[22:51] | – What? -Are you sure? | -什么 -你确信 |
[22:53] | – What? – Thanks. | -怎么了 -谢谢 |
[22:54] | What? What’d she say? | 什么事 她说了什么 |
[22:56] | – Nothing. – That was not nothing. | -没什么 -怎么可能没什么 |
[23:01] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 我说 |
[23:02] | The lab identified the substance found on the gargoyle, | 化验室鉴定出滴水兽上发现的物质 |
[23:05] | and it was a combination of sodium nitrate, iron oxide, | 是硝酸钠和氧化铁 |
[23:07] | decomposed hemp fibers and… tissue. | 分解的麻纤维 还有一些组织 |
[23:10] | I’m s–I’m sorry. What? | 对不起 什么东西 |
[23:13] | Ancient human tissue. | 古代人体的组织 |
[23:15] | Mummified tissue? | 木乃伊的组织 |
[23:17] | Like mummy flesh? | 木乃伊的腐肉 |
[23:18] | Which means at some point, | 这就意味着 |
[23:20] | our killer came into contact with the mummies | 凶手曾和木乃伊接触过 |
[23:23] | and somehow transferred the substance | 在杀害莫迪纳前 将这种物质 |
[23:24] | onto his or her clothing before killing Medina. | 沾到了他的或者她的衣服上 |
[23:27] | Or maybe… | 或者 也许 |
[23:29] | The mummy himself has risen from the grave | 木乃伊自己从棺木里爬出来 |
[23:30] | and is roaming New York seeking vengeance. | 在纽约街头闲逛 寻找复仇的对象 |
[23:35] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑而已 |
[23:38] | Sort of. | 有点可能 |
[23:40] | You know, if Medina was trafficking drugs for Grimes | 如果莫迪纳通过石棺 |
[23:44] | through the sarcophagus, | 为格莱姆斯走私毒品 |
[23:45] | then maybe Grimes got the substance on himself | 而格莱姆斯有可能在去取毒品时 |
[23:48] | when he went to get the drugs out. | 沾上了那些物质 |
[23:55] | You mind flying solo on this one, | 你不介意先自己办办这案子吧 |
[23:57] | while I head home and change my clothes? | 我得回家换身衣服 |
[24:00] | I think I can manage. | 没问题的 |
[24:02] | Hey, Castle. | 嘿 卡塞尔 |
[24:04] | Watch out for the mummy. | 小心闲逛的木乃伊 |
[24:06] | Really? | 你太损了 |
[24:13] | Dog attack? Icing on the cake. | 被狗咬绝对是锦上添花 |
[24:15] | Yeah, it was sort of like a little bonus, wasn’t it? | 听着像是中奖了 对吗 |
[24:17] | You had to mess with the curse, didn’t you? Trying to be funny. | 非得拿诅咒开玩笑不可吗 自以为幽默 |
[24:19] | You know what kind of hell I’d catch if Castle got eaten | 要是卡塞尔在办案时有个三长两短 |
[24:21] | in the line of duty? | 我要倒大霉的 |
[24:22] | Don’t tell me you really believe in that stuff, Sir. | 别告诉我 长官也相信诅咒这东西 |
[24:24] | You know what I believe in, Detective? | 知道我相信什么吗 探员 |
[24:25] | There’s no upside in screwing with things that you can’t explain. | 惹上无法解释的事 不会有好果子吃 |
[24:29] | First year of homicide, right, my partner tackles a suspect | 我在凶杀案组的第一年 我的拍档在抓疑犯时 |
[24:32] | through the window of a gypsy smoke shop. | 撞破了吉普赛人烟店的玻璃 |
[24:34] | Owner’s furious, | 老板发怒了 |
[24:35] | threatens all kinds of hexes on our houses | 威胁说如果我们不亲自清理干净 |
[24:37] | if we don’t personally go and clean it up. | 她将对我们的住处施各种巫术 |
[24:39] | And we tell her, | 而我们却说 |
[24:40] | “Yeah, take it up with the city.” | “是吗 有能耐给整个城市下咒” |
[24:42] | Two hours later, my partner drops dead–heart attack. | 两个小时后 我的拍档心脏病死了 |
[24:45] | And you think it was the hexes? | 你认为这是巫术的原因 |
[24:47] | No. The man ate bacon with every meal. | 不是 我的拍档每顿饭都吃熏肉 |
[24:49] | But the next morning, I went over there, | 但第二天早上 我去了烟店 |
[24:52] | fixed that window, and you know why? | 修好了玻璃窗 你知道为什么吗 |
[24:55] | Because there’s no upside in screwing with things you can’t explain? | 惹上无法解释的事 不会有好果子吃 |
[24:58] | And don’t you ever forget it. | 你们都给我记住了 |
[24:59] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:03] | You know, if our boy Grimes saw the face of the mummy, | 如果格莱姆斯看过木乃伊的脸 |
[25:05] | it’s likely he’s cursed, too. | 他也会被诅咒的 |
[25:06] | Yeah, well, I’d rather suffer a thousand curses | 对 如果是我就宁愿遭受一千个诅咒 |
[25:08] | than go up against Beckett in the box. | 也不愿在审讯室和贝克特硬碰硬 |
[25:10] | Lady, you got the wrong guy. | 女士 你抓错人了 |
[25:12] | I dropped outta the drug game after I left the joint. | 我脱离组织后就不再碰毒品了 |
[25:14] | That’s funny, | 很有趣 |
[25:16] | because I’ve got surveillance photos | 因为我有一些监控照片 |
[25:18] | showing you taking $10,000 in cash from Will Medina | 显示 你从威尔·莫迪纳那儿拿走了一万美金 |
[25:21] | the day that he was murdered. | 而且是在他被谋杀的当天 |
[25:24] | And given your rap sheet, | 鉴于你有前科 |
[25:26] | I don’t think it would be too difficult | 我认为陪审团很容易被说服 |
[25:28] | to convince a jury that you were involved. | 相信这个案子你肯定有份 |
[25:30] | Okay, okay, hold on. | 好了 打住 |
[25:32] | I didn’t murder anyone, and I don’t smuggle drugs anymore. | 我没杀任何人 而且我也没有走私毒品 |
[25:35] | I used my connections to get a new gig– | 我打通了关系 找到了新财路 |
[25:37] | Antiquities. | 古代文物 |
[25:40] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[25:41] | And why would Will Medina | 但为什么威尔·莫迪纳 |
[25:43] | be buying antiquities from you? | 会找你买文物 |
[25:46] | Hmm. Not buying. Selling. | 不是买 而是卖 |
[25:48] | I met him at a museum fund-raiser last year. | 去年博物馆的资金筹集会上 我遇到他 |
[25:50] | I gave him my card. I told him I’m always interested | 给了他我的名片 告诉他我一直对 |
[25:52] | in rare items that may need a new home. | 需要新东家的稀有物品感兴趣 |
[25:54] | He gave me a call a few weeks later. | 几周后他打给我 |
[25:55] | He said he had a box of Incan arrowheads | 说他有盒印加族箭头 |
[25:57] | that had just been sitting on a shelf since the 1940s. | 这可是上世纪四十年代后的首次易手 |
[26:00] | I found him a buyer, | 我帮他找了个买家 |
[26:02] | and we made a nice a little profit. | 并从中捞了一笔 |
[26:03] | And what were you buying this time? | 那你这次买了什么 |
[26:06] | – A mummy. – A mummy? | -一具木乃伊 -木乃伊 |
[26:09] | Who would want a mummy? | 谁会想要一具干尸 |
[26:10] | A collector in Taipei. | 台北的一个收藏家 |
[26:12] | So I stop by the museum. | 所以我去博物馆找他 |
[26:13] | You know, I thought he would say no. | 我以为他会拒绝的 |
[26:15] | But he jumped at the opportunity. | 但他却立马接受了 |
[26:17] | Didn’t he ever think that somebody would notice | 他没想过有人会发现 |
[26:19] | this missing mummy? | 木乃伊不见了吗 |
[26:20] | He said all the attention was being paid | 他说所有人只会关注 |
[26:22] | to the mummy of the Mayan King, | 那具玛雅王木乃伊 |
[26:24] | not to slave girl number six. | 而不是6号女奴 |
[26:26] | She was destined for the storage room in the basement. | 她注定只能被放在地下仓库里 |
[26:28] | So it’d be years before anyone went looking for her. | 也许过个好几年才会有人注意她 |
[26:30] | At which point, her disappearance, | 所以说就算不见了 |
[26:33] | it could never be linked to him. | 也扯不到他头上 |
[26:35] | And this $10,000 was a down payment? | 这一万美元只是定金吗 |
[26:37] | Of a quarter-million-dollar payout. | 全价25万美元 |
[26:39] | But then you showed up and you took it back. Why? | 但你为什么把定金要回去 |
[26:41] | My client changed their mind. | 买家改变主意了 |
[26:44] | Guess they didn’t like the mummy. | 也许他们又不喜欢那干尸了 |
[26:45] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[26:47] | I don’t know. All I know is, | 天晓得 我只知道 |
[26:49] | They sent someone down to | 他们派人去博物馆 |
[26:50] | – the museum to take a look. – Who did he send? | -看了看 -派谁去了 |
[26:52] | I have no idea. I swear. | 不知道 我发誓 |
[26:55] | Whatever they told him turned my client off. | 无论去看的人说了什么 总之是把交易砸了 |
[26:57] | Maybe the mummy was too short. | 可能嫌木乃伊太小了 |
[26:59] | Maybe it didn’t have enough teeth. | 或许是牙齿太少了 |
[27:01] | These private collectors, they’re very particular. | 这些收藏家相当挑剔的 |
[27:03] | They want exactly what they want and nothing else. | 他们想要的东西绝对不能货不对版 |
[27:07] | Selling mummies? How stupid does he think we are? | 贩卖木乃伊 他当我们白痴啊 |
[27:10] | I know. The drug story is a hell of a lot more plausible. | 我知道 贩毒似乎更说得通 |
[27:12] | But it just doesn’t seem to be Medina’s style. | 但贩毒不符合莫迪纳的行事风格 |
[27:15] | There’s one way to find out. | 只能这样了 |
[27:16] | Take samples from this mummy’s sarcophagus. | 从木乃伊的石棺中取些样本 |
[27:18] | If it tests positive for drugs, Grimes is lying | 如果检测出毒品 就说明格莱姆斯说谎了 |
[27:20] | and most likely our murderer. | 他就是最大疑犯 |
[27:22] | Great. Thanks. | 好的 谢了 |
[27:30] | Hey. What are you doing home? | 你待在家里干嘛 |
[27:33] | Facing my mortality. | 直面死亡 |
[27:36] | All this curse stuff has got me thinking– | 诅咒让我开始考虑一些事 |
[27:38] | If something were to happen to me, | 如果诅咒真的应验了 |
[27:39] | you’d take good care of Alexis, right? | 你会好好照顾阿丽克西斯的 是吗 |
[27:41] | – Oh, of course. – Better than you took care of me? | -当然 -要好过你照顾我的那套 |
[27:43] | Oh, please. You turned out fine. | 又来了 你不也长大成人了嘛 |
[27:46] | Look, look, look, the chances of this curse being real | 好好听着 诅咒存在的机率 |
[27:49] | are almost nonexistent. You know that. | 几乎为零 你知道的 |
[27:51] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[27:52] | What kind of father would I be if I didn’t do | 如果我不尽全力好好活下去 |
[27:55] | everything I could to make sure I stick around? | 我还算是为人父亲吗 |
[27:58] | Well, then I think maybe we should try | 或许我们可以 |
[28:00] | to figure out a way to, uh, reverse the curse– | 找到方法解除这个诅咒 |
[28:04] | You know, the mummy equivalent | 这个木乃伊和 |
[28:05] | of my running around the theater. | 我绕着剧院跑是一个道理 |
[28:07] | Someone at the museum must know that. | 博物馆的人应该知道怎么办 |
[28:12] | You have become very wise in your old age. | 姜还是老的辣 |
[28:15] | Watch it, buster. | 当心点 小家伙 |
[28:17] | No, I’m afraid there’s nothing in the literature | 不 我没看到文献中 |
[28:19] | about reversing the curse. | 有关于如何解除诅咒的 |
[28:22] | Castle. What are you doing here? | 卡塞尔 你怎么在这里 |
[28:24] | Oh, nothing. Just waiting for you. Huh. | 没啥 正等你呢 |
[28:26] | Detectives, are you here | 探员们 你们也是来 |
[28:27] | to talk about reversing the curse as well? | 探讨如何解除诅咒的吗 |
[28:29] | No, I’m here to see a man about a mummy. | 不 我来是为了与木乃伊有关的人 |
[28:32] | So no luck with the curse, huh? | 被诅咒的日子不好过啊 对不 |
[28:33] | Look on the bright side, Castle. | 卡塞尔 往好的方面想 |
[28:35] | You die, your book sales skyrocket. | 只要你一死 你的书销量就会一飞冲天 |
[28:36] | Great. What did Beckett mean, | 想法不错啊 贝克特刚才什么意思 |
[28:38] | “See a man about a mummy”? | “为了与木乃伊有关的人” |
[28:39] | Which mummy? | 哪具木乃伊 |
[28:39] | The one Grimes said Medina was trying to sell. | 就是格莱姆斯说莫迪纳试图贩卖的 |
[28:42] | Fill me in. Spare no detail. | 一字不落地给我说说 |
[28:44] | Well, in some ancient cultures, | 在古老文化中 |
[28:46] | – instead of burying– – Fast-forward a little bit. | -不用埋而是… -跳过这段 |
[28:47] | Detective, this is a significant archeological find. | 探长 这是个相当重要的考古发现 |
[28:50] | You can’t just walk in here and open it up. | 不能这么闯进来 然后就打开它 |
[28:52] | I’ve got a warrant that says otherwise. | 我有允许此做法的搜查令 |
[28:54] | This is preposterous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[28:55] | Tell that to the drug dealer in my lockup | 和拘留所的毒贩说吧 |
[28:56] | who was doing business with your associate curator. | 他和你们副馆长可有生意往来 |
[28:59] | Please. | 等等 |
[29:00] | I just have to reiterate how fragile these mummies are. | 我得强调一下这些木乃伊很容易损坏 |
[29:03] | They should only be handled | 它们只能在极其稳定的环境下 |
[29:04] | in a controlled environment. | 进行处理 |
[29:06] | Don’t worry. It’s just a simple swab test. | 别担心 只是很简单的擦拭化验 |
[29:08] | I promise. I won’t damage anything. | 我保证不会有任何损害 |
[29:20] | Oh, my god. It’s gone. | 天呐 不见了 |
[29:23] | I’m not saying I believe… | 不是我信邪 |
[29:27] | But where’s the mummy? | 但木乃伊哪去了呢 |
[29:41] | CSU field test shows | 鉴证组现场鉴定显示 |
[29:44] | that there’s no drug residue inside the sarcophagus. | 那具石棺上没有毒品残留 |
[29:46] | And all the other mummies are accounted for. | 而且其他的木乃伊也检验了 |
[29:48] | No drugs in them either. | 都没有毒品残留 |
[29:49] | Well, if it wasn’t the drugs, | 如果不是走私毒品 |
[29:50] | then what’s so special about the missing mummy? | 那这具不见的木乃伊有什么特别之处呢 |
[29:51] | Well, maybe Grimes was telling the truth. | 也许格莱姆斯说的是真话 |
[29:53] | Maybe Medina was trying to sell it. | 莫迪纳曾试图卖掉它 |
[29:55] | And then when Grimes wouldn’t buy it, | 格莱姆斯不买了后 |
[29:57] | he sold it to someone else? | 他又卖给其他人了吗 |
[29:58] | Except that one of the researchers swears | 可是有个研究员发誓说 |
[30:00] | it was in its sarcophagus the day after Medina was killed. | 莫迪纳死后 那具木乃伊还在石棺里 |
[30:02] | Well, that could only mean one thing. | 看来只有一种可能了 |
[30:04] | Please don’t say | 别告诉我 |
[30:04] | that it’s walking among us seeking revenge. | 它在我们之间游走 伺机复仇 |
[30:06] | Okay. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. | 好 别怪我没提醒你 |
[30:08] | This place is gigantic. | 这地方真大 |
[30:10] | They have over 30 million specimens down here. | 馆藏标本价值超过三千万 |
[30:12] | We got a canine unit coming in to help, | 我们找了警犬队来帮忙 |
[30:14] | but finding this mummy might be like finding the lost Ark. | 但要找到那具木乃伊就好比大海捞针 |
[30:18] | If it is even still here. | 这针就算还在博物馆也难捞 |
[30:19] | All right, have C.S.U. sweep the area, | 让鉴证组取证 |
[30:21] | and see if they can get any prints off of the sarcophagus. | 看是否能在石棺上找到些指纹 |
[30:23] | Whoever stole the mummy must have left some evidence behind. | 不管是谁偷了木乃伊总会留下点痕迹的 |
[30:26] | Disaster! P.R. disaster! | 灾难啊 公关大灾难 |
[30:29] | I only hope the press doesn’t hear about this. | 我希望此事不要让媒体知道 |
[30:31] | 10 bucks says he calls the press | 我赌十美元 我们一撤 |
[30:34] | just as soon as we’re out of the front door. | 他肯定立马联系媒体 |
[30:36] | Hey, you don’t think he could’ve | 难道你不觉得有可能是他 |
[30:37] | orchestrated this whole thing | 精心安排了这一切 |
[30:38] | just to generate interest in the exhibit, do you? | 来引起大家对展览的兴趣吗 |
[30:40] | Murdered Medina just to boost ticket sales? No. | 杀了莫迪纳来让门票大卖 不可能 |
[30:43] | That would make this “Scooby-Doo,” | 那是《史酷比》[侦探卡通长剧]才会有的情节 |
[30:44] | and I’m not Velma. | 我也不是维尔玛[剧中最聪明的女生] |
[30:45] | Velma? Are you kidding? You’re Daphne. | 维尔玛 开玩笑吧 你是剧中达芬妮才对 |
[30:48] | You’re hot, smart but not aggressively brainy | 性感 恰到好处的聪明 |
[30:50] | – with long legs, short skirt– – Stop. | -长腿 短T恤 -闭嘴 |
[30:52] | – Fine. – Now. | -好 -立刻闭嘴 |
[30:53] | Got it. | 明白 |
[30:57] | No. He didn’t know anything about how to reverse the curse. | 不 他不知道怎么 解除诅咒 |
[31:00] | But I’ve decided, it’s okay. | 但我想清楚了 这没什么 |
[31:02] | I was just overreacting. | 是我反应过度了 |
[31:03] | It’s like you said, | 就像你说的 |
[31:04] | the chances of there actually being a curse | 真的存在诅咒 |
[31:05] | are–are virtually nonexistent. | 的可能性几乎为零 |
[31:12] | That was weird. The elevator just stopped. | 好诡异 电梯停了 |
[31:16] | Mother? | 老妈 |
[31:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:23] | No reason to panic. | 没必要惊慌 |
[31:26] | Small reason to panic. | 可以有点慌张 |
[31:30] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[31:41] | There is no curse. There is no curse. | 没有诅咒 没有诅咒 |
[31:43] | There is no curse. | 绝对没有诅咒 |
[31:46] | What do I do? What do I do if the elevator falls? | 怎么办 万一电梯往下掉我该怎么办 |
[31:49] | Okay. I, um, I think I’m supposed to jump in the air? | 我该往上跳吗 |
[31:51] | No! Lay on the ground. | 不对 趴地上 |
[31:57] | Castle? | 卡塞尔 |
[31:59] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[32:02] | That was– that whole thing– | 因为 所有那一切 |
[32:04] | then the light–the light, and then the whole thing went– | 还有那灯 那灯 一切都 |
[32:07] | I thought–I thought the elevator was gonna fall. | 我以为 以为电梯要掉下去了 |
[32:09] | That wasn’t you, was it? Because that wasn’t funny. | 不是你干的吧 这可一点也不好玩 |
[32:11] | No, no. I’m not that cruel. | 不 不是我 我没那么残酷 |
[32:13] | It’s an old elevator. | 这电梯很旧了 |
[32:15] | You know what? Let’s get maintenance up here | 叫维修人员上来 |
[32:16] | and tell ’em not to let anyone on here before it’s fixed. | 修好之前禁止使用 |
[32:18] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. No. Yeah. I’m–I’m– | -你没事吧 -嗯 没事 我 |
[32:22] | I’m gonna splash some w-water on my face | 我要去洗把脸 |
[32:24] | and then… throw up a little bit. | 然后 吐一下 |
[32:33] | Rogue archeologists, Mayan death threats, | 暗中交易的考古学家 玛雅死亡诅咒 |
[32:35] | drug dealers claiming to deal in antiquities | 做文物交易的毒贩子 |
[32:38] | and missing mummies? | 以及失踪的木乃伊 |
[32:40] | There’s gotta be a story that makes all of this make sense. | 肯定有什么能解释这一切 |
[32:48] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:51] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[32:51] | – Castle. – If something were to happen to me, | -卡塞尔 -万一我有个三长两短 |
[32:53] | I want you to watch out for Alexis. | 我想拜托你照顾阿丽克西斯 |
[32:57] | She looks up to you, | 她很崇拜你 |
[32:58] | and if her boyfriends get frisky, | 若她男朋友对她动手动脚 |
[33:00] | you can shoot them. | 你可以毙了他们 |
[33:01] | Nothing’s gonna happen to you. | 你不会有事的 |
[33:03] | But if it does… | 万一出了意外的话 |
[33:09] | Okay. | 我答应你 |
[33:12] | And would you also go into my closet | 还有 你能不能销毁我衣橱里的 |
[33:14] | and get rid of my porn collection before she finds it? | 珍藏级色情片 以免阿丽克西斯发现 |
[33:16] | Don’t worry, bro. I got you covered on that. | 别担心 兄弟 我替你掩护 |
[33:18] | We hit a home run | 石棺上的指纹 |
[33:19] | with the prints from the sarcophagus. | 颇有收获 |
[33:20] | One popped that doesn’t belong | 有一个不属于 |
[33:22] | to anyone who works at the museum. | 博物馆中的任何一个工作人员 |
[33:23] | But according to the background check, | 根据背景资料来看 |
[33:25] | he does work at 1127 Avenue of the Americas– | 他确实在第六大道1127号工作 |
[33:28] | the address on Medina’s calendar. | 就是莫迪纳日历上的那个地址 |
[33:29] | At a company called Bio Inc. | 是一家生物科技公司 |
[33:30] | and here is the best part– his name is Charles Taylor. | 最重要的是 他叫查尔斯·泰勒 |
[33:34] | – C.T.? -Spoke to the guy two days ago, | -C.T. -两天前我和他谈过话 |
[33:37] | and he insisted he’d never met Medina. | 他坚持说从未见过莫迪纳 |
[33:39] | Lied right to my face. | 睁眼说瞎话 |
[33:41] | No, no. I didn’t lie. | 不 我没撒谎 |
[33:42] | I swear to you, I don’t know Will Medina. | 我发誓 我不认识威尔·莫迪纳 |
[33:44] | You didn’t see him two days ago at 5:30? | 两天前的五点半你没见过他吗 |
[33:46] | – No. You got the wrong guy. -But you admit | -没有 你们找错人了 -但你得承认 |
[33:48] | that you were in the basement of the New York History Museum. | 你去过纽约历史博物馆的地下仓库 |
[33:52] | No. | 没有 |
[33:53] | Charles, we have your fingerprints | 查尔斯 我们在一个石棺上 |
[33:55] | on a sarcophagus. | 找到了你的指纹 |
[33:56] | So you can either start telling us the truth now | 要么你现在告诉我们真相 |
[33:57] | or after spending an afternoon in the holding cell | 要么在拘留所 |
[33:59] | entertaining a meth addict through | 陪着戒毒的瘾君子 |
[34:01] | the violent phase of his withdrawal. | 消遣一个疯狂的下午 |
[34:03] | I might have been down there. | 我可能去过那里 |
[34:06] | When? | 何时 |
[34:08] | Okay. Holding cell it is. | 好吧 送拘留所 |
[34:10] | Five days ago. | 五天前 |
[34:14] | And Medina? | 那莫迪纳呢 |
[34:15] | Look, I heard he was dead. | 我听说他死了 |
[34:16] | I didn’t want to get mixed up in that. | 我不想卷入其中 |
[34:18] | I-I was only sent there to check out the mummy. | 我只是被派去那里检查木乃伊 |
[34:20] | The mummy? | 木乃伊 |
[34:21] | Yeah. I was sent by a private collector to examine it. | 没错 一位私人收藏家雇我去检查 |
[34:24] | Grimes was telling the truth. | 格莱姆斯说的是实话 |
[34:26] | Medina was trying to sell the mummy. | 莫迪纳确实想卖木乃伊 |
[34:27] | This is getting good. | 进展不错 |
[34:28] | This collector, where is he from? | 是哪里的收藏家 |
[34:30] | Taipei. I’ve done testing for him before– | 台北 我之前替他检验过 |
[34:32] | Uh, uh, hominid skulls, a mammoth tusk. | 原始人头骨 猛玛象牙 |
[34:36] | He asked me to carbon date them, | 他叫我用含碳量测定年代 |
[34:37] | wanted me to make sure it was real. | 让我鉴定古物真假 |
[34:38] | And was it? | 它是真的吗 |
[34:41] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[34:42] | We’ll try and keep up. | 我们会试着理解 |
[34:43] | As soon as an organism dies, it stops taking in new carbon. | 一旦有机物死亡 它会停止摄入新的碳 |
[34:46] | Specifically, we focus on carbon 14, | 确切地说 我们检测碳-14 |
[34:48] | which starts to decay in the body as soon as it dies, | 一旦有机体死亡 碳-14就开始衰变 |
[34:50] | and by examining the rate of decay, we can actually date | 通过检测衰变率 |
[34:52] | the age of the dead organism with incredible accuracy. | 可以精确算出有机体死亡的年代 |
[34:54] | When I tested the mummy, I took samples from the sarcophagus | 当检测木乃伊时 我从石棺中提取样本 |
[34:57] | the cloth the mummy was wrapped in and a small piece of bone, | 包裹木乃伊的衣物 和一小片骨头 |
[35:00] | and then I ran them through a mass spectrometer and… | 当我用质谱仪检测时 |
[35:03] | that’s when things got weird. | 发现奇怪的事情 |
[35:06] | Define “Weird.” | 怎么奇怪 |
[35:08] | The samples from the sarcophagus and the cloth | 从石棺和衣物上提取的样本 |
[35:10] | dated at over 2,000 years old, | 年代都超过两千年 |
[35:11] | but the piece of bone… was too young to date, | 但是骨头样本 年份太短而无法估算 |
[35:16] | meaning that it was less than 500 years old. | 表明不到五百年 |
[35:18] | – How much less? – I have no idea. | -少了多少年 -我不知道 |
[35:21] | 500 years is as low as the test goes. | 五百年是最低的测试值 |
[35:23] | Are you saying that the mummy Medina was trying to sell | 你说莫迪纳试图卖的木乃伊 |
[35:26] | was a fake? | 是个赝品 |
[35:27] | Well, all I know is that there was a discrepancy | 我只知道肯定和一般木乃伊有差别 |
[35:30] | and I called him and I told him that, | 我打电话告诉他了 |
[35:31] | and he didn’t believe me. | 但他不相信 |
[35:32] | He insisted on coming to the office to see me… | 他坚持要来办公室找我 |
[35:35] | the night that he died. | 就在他死的那天晚上 |
[35:38] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[35:40] | Uniforms just found your mummy. | 警员刚找到了木乃伊 |
[35:42] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[35:43] | In a dark corner of the museum basement. | 就在博物馆地下室的一个黑暗角落里 |
[35:44] | Someone was doing their best to make sure it was never found. | 有人试图让它永不见天日 |
[35:47] | Medina’s buyer rejected the mummy | 莫迪纳的买家拒绝交易 |
[35:48] | because it wasn’t real. | 因为这木乃伊是假的 |
[35:49] | And then when Medina started asking questions, He was killed. | 当莫迪纳开始质疑时 他被杀了 |
[35:52] | And now someone’s trying to make it disappear? | 而现在 有人想让它消失 |
[35:54] | I think we need to take a closer look at that mummy. | 我想我们需要认真研究下这具木乃伊 |
[35:58] | Your carbon dater was right. | 你那碳含量测试家是对的 |
[35:59] | This girl’s body is definitely less than 500-years dead. | 这女尸绝对不到500年 |
[36:03] | How much less? | 少了多少年 |
[36:04] | She died four months ago. | 她四个月前死的 |
[36:06] | If she’s been dead for four months, | 如果她才死四个月 |
[36:07] | why does she look just like the other mummies? | 为什么看起来像木乃伊呢 |
[36:09] | Because whoever mummified her knew what they were doing. | 因为让她成为木乃伊的人是个行家 |
[36:12] | Her blood’s been drained, there’s an incision | 她的血被抽干 身体左侧有个切口 |
[36:14] | on her left side, which her killer used to remove her organs | 凶手把她的五脏六腑移除 |
[36:16] | before starting the desiccation process. | 然后开始干燥过程 |
[36:18] | How did she die? | 她是怎么死的 |
[36:19] | Blunt force trauma. Someone hit her in the back of the head. | 钝器所致 有人袭击了她的后脑勺 |
[36:22] | She never saw it coming. | 她无法防备 |
[36:23] | And then do you have any idea who she is? | 你知道她是谁吗 |
[36:25] | No, and I was unable to get a usable fingerprint. | 不知道 我无法套取指纹 |
[36:29] | We don’t need them. | 我们不需要 |
[36:31] | She died four months ago. | 她是四个月前死的 |
[36:33] | I know exactly who this is. | 我绝对知道她是谁 |
[36:50] | Dental records confirm | 牙医病历确认 |
[36:51] | that the body is Nicole Graham, the first victim of the curse. | 死者是妮可·格雷厄姆 诅咒的首位受害人 |
[36:54] | I thought this girl was killed by an animal in the jungle. | 我以为她是被丛林的野兽杀死的 |
[36:56] | Turns out they never actually found the body. | 原来尸体并未找到 |
[36:59] | Just her bloody clothes and a piece of scalp. | 只找到她的血衣和一块头皮 |
[37:01] | It seemed obvious to the Mexican authorities what had happened. | 墨西哥当局认为是野兽袭击 |
[37:03] | Instead somebody killed her and turned her into a mummy? | 事实却是有人杀了她并制成为木乃伊 |
[37:05] | Hell of a way to get rid of a body– | 处理尸体的方式极为高明 |
[37:07] | Hide it in plain sight, ship it out with the other artifacts. | 光明正大地与其他文物一起起运 |
[37:09] | And no one would’ve ever found out | 如果不是莫迪纳要卖 |
[37:11] | if Medina hadn’t decided to sell the wrong mummy. | 这个假的木乃伊 绝不会有人发现 |
[37:13] | When the collector refused it, Medina must have decided | 当收藏家拒绝后 莫迪纳必然决定 |
[37:15] | to take a closer look. | 要一查究竟 |
[37:16] | And then that suspicion must have tipped off our killer, | 他的怀疑肯定引起凶手的注意 |
[37:19] | who had to murder Medina in order to keep the secret safe. | 凶手必须杀死莫迪纳 来保守这个秘密 |
[37:22] | It makes sense, but who’s our killer? | 有道理 但凶手是谁 |
[37:24] | The only person with the skill to mummify a body. | 唯一懂得制作木乃伊的人 |
[37:29] | What’s going on? | 这是怎么回事 |
[37:30] | Four words– | 四个词 |
[37:32] | “Eat, pray, love” Kill. | 美食 祈祷 恋爱和杀戮 |
[37:36] | Little friendly advice– | 一点友情提示 |
[37:37] | Next time you kill someone, skip the part | 下次你杀人时 不要用 |
[37:39] | where you prove only you could’ve covered it up. | 只有你才能做到的掩盖手段 |
[37:41] | Kill someone? What are you talking about? | 杀人 你在说些什么 |
[37:43] | We’re talking about Nicole Graham. | 我们在说妮可·格雷厄姆 |
[37:44] | You killed her in Mexico, | 你在墨西哥杀了她 |
[37:46] | and then you mummified her body in order to cover it up. | 然后把她制作成木乃伊掩人耳目 |
[37:48] | What? No, Nicole was killed in a jaguar attack. | 什么 不 妮可是因美洲豹袭击而亡 |
[37:50] | Except they never found her body. | 但是尸体一直未被找到 |
[37:52] | But we did. | 但我们找到了 |
[37:53] | And so did Medina when he discovered | 当莫迪纳发现碳含量测试的差异时 |
[37:55] | the discrepancy in the carbon dating. | 他也找到了 |
[37:57] | And that’s when you knew that you had to kill him. | 此时你必须杀人灭口 |
[38:00] | That’s insane. | 这太疯狂了 |
[38:01] | What happened, Rachel? | 蕾切尔 你看到什么了 |
[38:03] | Did you find her in the jungle making time with your man? | 你发现她在丛林里与你心仪的男人私通? |
[38:05] | A little “Girls Gone Wild” jealousy turned deadly? | 《美女也疯狂》[美国综艺节目] 嫉妒无人挡 |
[38:08] | No, Nicole and I were friends. | 不 妮可和我是朋友 |
[38:10] | And whoever told you she was sleeping with Will was lying. | 不管是谁说她和威尔发生了关系 都是谎话 |
[38:14] | Sure, she had a crush on him. Okay? We all did. | 的确 她暗恋他 但谁能不喜欢他 |
[38:16] | But she backed off when she realized | 但当她意识到 威尔喜欢的是我 |
[38:18] | that Will was interested in me. | 她就退出了 |
[38:21] | But Stanford… | 但斯坦福 |
[38:24] | Stanford was the one who was jealous. | 斯坦福才是起了嫉妒之心的人 |
[38:27] | Ask any of the women down there. | 博物馆的女同事都知道 |
[38:28] | He had a thing for Nicole ever since she joined the program. | 自从妮可加入项目以来 他就一直钟情于她 |
[38:31] | You’d always see him standing around watching her. | 他经常站在她身旁 注视着她 |
[38:33] | – It was creepy. – You were the expert, Rachel. | -那眼神令人毛骨悚然 -蕾切尔 你才是专家 |
[38:36] | – You were the only one who knew how to do it. – No, I wasn’t. | -你是唯一知道如何制作木乃伊的人 -不 不是 |
[38:39] | Everything I know about mummification, | 我制作木乃伊的技艺 |
[38:41] | I learned from Stanford Raynes. | 都是从斯坦福·雷恩斯那儿学来的 |
[38:43] | Look, Detective, mummifying a body is hands-on process. | 探长 制作木乃伊是手工操作 |
[38:46] | I promise you, | 我向你保证 |
[38:47] | whoever did that to Nicole left behind some D.N.A. | 不管谁对妮可下手 都会留下DNA |
[38:49] | I’m happy to provide a sample. | 我非常乐意做DNA取样 |
[38:51] | Why don’t you see if Stanford wants to do the same? | 你们为何不看看 斯坦福是否也会如此呢 |
[38:57] | Stanford Raynes. | 斯坦福·雷恩斯 |
[38:59] | Yes. | 是 |
[38:59] | You’re under arrest for the murder of Nicole Graham. | 你因涉嫌谋杀妮可·格雷厄姆被捕 |
[39:02] | And don’t forget Will Medina. You had to kill him, too, | 别忘了还有威尔·莫迪纳 你撞见他 |
[39:05] | when you caught him sniffing around her mummy. | 在她的木乃伊旁嗅探 也把他杀了 |
[39:07] | – Only way to protect your secret. – You can’t be serious. | -就为了瞒天过海 -你不是说真吧 |
[39:09] | Serious enough to get a warrant for your D.N.A. | 真到申请了取你DNA样本的授权 |
[39:13] | This is the part where you say, | 你现在的词儿应该是 |
[39:15] | “And I would’ve gotten away with it, too, | “要不是因为你们这些多管闲事的孩子 |
[39:16] | if it weren’t for you meddling kids.” | 我也就得手了”[《史酷比》台词] |
[39:25] | Is he actually… running away? | 他居然…想逃之夭夭吗 |
[39:27] | Yeah, it’s primal instinct– | 是 这是本能反应 |
[39:30] | fight or flight. | 大打出手或溜之大吉 |
[39:31] | Should we run after him? | 我们要追他吗 |
[39:32] | Eh, no need. | 不用 |
[39:57] | Still say there’s no curse? | 谁说没有诅咒了 |
[40:03] | Ruh-Roh. | 哎…呀[模仿史酷比] |
[40:06] | Once Stanford got out of surgery, | 斯坦福的手术一结束 |
[40:07] | he confessed to everything– | 他就把一切都交待了 |
[40:08] | how he lured Nicole into the burial chamber | 他怎么引诱妮可进了墓室 |
[40:11] | and how they fought when she refused to celebrate with him. | 她拒绝同他苟合时 他们又如何打斗 |
[40:14] | So what happened to the mummy he swapped for Nicole’s body? | 那他替换妮可尸体的木乃伊呢 |
[40:16] | The body was so fragile that all Stanford had to do | 那具木乃伊吹弹即散 斯坦福只需剥下裹尸布 |
[40:19] | was strip off the wrapping and stomp it into dust. | 剩下的就尘归尘土归土 |
[40:21] | And then he rewrapped Nicole’s body, | 然后他用裹尸布将妮可包住 |
[40:23] | stuffed it in the sarcophagus, sealed it up tight, | 再塞进石棺 死死封住 |
[40:25] | and by the time it got to the U.S. months later, | 等到几个月后石棺到了美国 |
[40:27] | mummification process was complete. | 木乃伊制作就大功告成了 |
[40:29] | And when Stanford decided to kill Medina, | 而斯坦福决定干掉莫迪纳时 |
[40:32] | he just used one of the pry bars | 只需利用博物馆的一根撬棒 |
[40:33] | from the museum to tip the gargoyle | 推倒滴水兽 |
[40:34] | and hoped that Medina’s death would be blamed on the curse. | 希望莫迪纳的死能归因于诅咒 |
[40:36] | Three members of the expedition dead, | 考察队里有三个人死于非命 |
[40:39] | one on the way to jail–sounds like the curse is real to me. | 这个又将蹲大牢 听起来还真像有诅咒一说 |
[40:43] | Speaking of which… | 说到诅咒 |
[40:46] | I have a deal to propose. | 我想和你做笔交易 |
[40:50] | I spoke to the D.A., | 我和地方检查官谈过了 |
[40:51] | and he’s agreed to drop the felony threat charges | 如果你合作的话 他同意放弃 |
[40:53] | based on your cooperation. | 起诉你的恐吓罪 |
[40:56] | What kind of cooperation? | 什么合作 |
[41:02] | Tell him how to reverse the curse. | 告诉他解除诅咒的方法 |
[41:05] | Why should I? | 我凭什么要告诉他 |
[41:07] | Because thanks to us, Mr. Bentley has agreed | 在我们的擀旋下 本特利先生同意 |
[41:09] | to send the entire collection | 在展览结束后 将所有展品 |
[41:11] | back to the Mexican museum after the exhibit ends. | 送回墨西哥博物馆 |
[41:15] | And why would he agree to that? | 他又凭什么答应你们 |
[41:17] | Well, let’s just say he’s got | 这么说吧 |
[41:17] | a little public relations problem right now, | 他现在遇到一点公关上的麻烦 |
[41:20] | and he could use all the good publicity he can get. | 他得利用一切可能的宣传手段 |
[41:33] | That’s all I have to do? | 我要做的就是这些? |
[41:36] | And one more thing. | 还有一件事 |
[41:38] | I wouldn’t say no to a ride to the airport. | 如果你们要载我去机场 我不会拒绝 |
[41:41] | Let’s go. | 请吧 |
[41:45] | You’re in a good mood. | 你心情不错嘛 |
[41:46] | The curse has officially been lifted. | 诅咒正式解除 |
[41:50] | How’d you manage that? | 怎么办到的 |
[41:51] | You don’t want to know. | 你还是不知道的好 |
[41:52] | But I tempted fate all the way home | 但我回家的路上还是试探了一下 |
[41:54] | just to make sure. | 确保万无一失 |
[41:55] | – Jaywalking? – Mm-hmm. Even walked under a ladder. | -乱穿马路 -对 甚至还钻梯而过 |
[41:58] | What murderous experiments are you performing on tomatoes now– | 你在对西红柿做什么凶残实验 |
[42:01] | – Stabbing, filleting? -Dicing for a salad. | -戳刺 切片 -切成丁做沙拉 |
[42:04] | Want to help? | 要帮忙吗 |
[42:07] | I would love to. | 乐意之至 |
[42:09] | So I was thinking, maybe this weekend | 我想也许这周末 |
[42:12] | we could go to the museum. | 我们可以去博物馆 |
[42:14] | It’s been a while. | 好久没去过了 |
[42:17] | How about the zoo? | 你觉得动物园如何 |
[42:19] | That sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[42:20] | Thank you. | 多谢体谅 |
[42:24] | What’s the difference between cursed and clumsy? | 被诅咒和笨手笨脚会有什么不同 |
[42:28] | I’ll get a band-aid. | 我去拿创口贴 |
[42:29] | Get two. | 拿两张 |