时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | All right, everybody, last hand for the night. | 好了 各位 今晚最后一把 |
[00:50] | Aw… Phooey. It’s only… Ah! | 不是吧 现在才 |
[00:54] | It’s not even midnight. | 还不到午夜 |
[00:55] | Some people have jobs to go to in the morning. | 人家早上还要工作 |
[00:57] | Oh, my son, the working stiff. | 我儿子 就一工作狂 |
[01:03] | Phooey. I fold. | 不跟 |
[01:05] | If you don’t mind me saying, Mrs. R., you fold a lot. | 理查德女士 抱歉您很多次没跟了 |
[01:08] | I just don’t believe in stringing along a bad hand. | 我只是不相信手气会转好 |
[01:10] | Why waste time? | 何必浪费时间 |
[01:11] | Actually, mother’s game isn’t really texas hold’em. | 事实上 我妈在行的不是德州扑克 |
[01:13] | It’s strip poker. | 而是脱衣扑克 |
[01:14] | Keeps things humming along, if you know what I mean. | 能让乐子一刻不停 如果你明白我的意思 |
[01:16] | Well, frankly, I prefer strip, | 坦白讲我更喜欢脱衣扑克 |
[01:18] | because even when you lose, you win. | 因为即便你输了也是赢家 |
[01:21] | – Raise $20. – Call. | -加注20 -跟 |
[01:27] | Make it a hundred.. | 加到100 |
[01:30] | – 100 bucks? – Man up, bro. | -100美元 -拿出男人的气魄伙计 |
[01:35] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[01:37] | – I’m out. – Slop. | -不跟了 -放弃 |
[01:39] | What about you, castle? You’re already in for the blind. | 卡塞尔你呢 你已经为很久没跟了 |
[01:42] | Not scared of a little…action, are you? | 敢不敢玩点”刺激”的 |
[01:47] | “Action” is my middle name. | “刺激”是我的中间名 |
[01:52] | Don’t worry, sweetheart, he’s bluffing | 别担心 亲爱的 他在虚张声势 |
[01:54] | Whenever he blinks too much, | 每当他眼睛眨个不停的时候 |
[01:55] | It means he’s got a lousy hand. | 就说明他的牌很臭 |
[01:56] | Mother. | 妈 |
[01:57] | – Well… – All right, here we go. | -我打住 -好了继续发牌 |
[02:05] | There it is. | 好了 |
[02:10] | – Uh-Oh. – What? | -糟了 -怎么了 |
[02:11] | He’s not blinking, but now he’s tapping, | 他不眨眼了转而敲牌 |
[02:13] | Which means he might have the nuts.. | 说明他可能来了张好牌 |
[02:16] | What’s the matter? | 那又如何 |
[02:16] | You’re not afraid of a little action, are you? | 你不会害怕玩点刺激的 对吧 |
[02:24] | All in. | 全部押上 |
[02:28] | – Take him down, beckett. – Yeah, make him pay. | -了结他 贝克特 -让他大出血 |
[02:30] | Can’t write your way out of this one, huh, castle? | 这次写书的能耐帮不上了 卡塞尔 |
[02:50] | Way to go, beckett. | 干得好 贝克特 |
[02:51] | Maybe someone should change their middle name to “loser” | 或许有人该把中间名换做”衰人”了 |
[02:55] | Loser. | “衰人” |
[02:56] | What can I say. Guess it just wasn’t my night. | 无话可说 今晚不走运 |
[02:58] | Ah, see, I told you he was bluffing. It’s the… | 看见没 我说他眨眼 那是 |
[03:00] | It’s the blinking thing, yeah, you’re right. | 那眨眼睛的理论 没错你说得对 |
[03:04] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[03:07] | Yeah, we’ll be there in 20. | 我们20分钟内到 |
[03:10] | Homicide on henry street. | 亨利大街发生凶杀案 |
[03:12] | – I’ll take care of this for you. – Thank you. | -我帮你处理这些 -谢谢 |
[03:14] | Well, at least you guys are already downtown. | 至少你们已经在市中心了 |
[03:16] | But it’s after midnight. | 但是已经过了午夜 |
[03:17] | Murder never sleeps, Mrs. R. | 谋杀从不停歇 理查德夫人 |
[03:19] | Yeah, neither do we. | 我们也是 |
[03:20] | Oh. Oh. Someone say “murder”? | 有人说”谋杀” |
[03:22] | Hold on, I’ll get my coat.. | 等我一下 我拿上外套 |
[03:24] | Look at him, all excited.. | 看他兴奋的 |
[03:25] | Yeah, like a kid at christmas.. | 像个过圣诞节的孩子一样 |
[03:27] | With a dead body under the tree. | 圣诞树下躺着一具尸体 |
[03:46] | – It’s motor oil, all right. – Looks like it, | -是机油吗 -看上去挺像 |
[03:48] | But I’ll have to pump out the tub and run some tests to be sure. | 不过我要从浴缸抽点样本 化验后才能确认 |
[03:51] | It’s motor oil, all right. 10W-40. | 的确是机油 10W-40型号的 |
[03:54] | Empties in the closet. | 衣橱里有装机油的空瓶 |
[03:55] | What kind of a freak drowns a woman in motor oil? | 什么样的变态 会把一个女人溺死在机油里 |
[03:57] | Someone’s trying to send a message. | 有人试图说明点什么 |
[04:05] | I already told the uniforms. | 我已经和军装警察说过了 |
[04:07] | Once people check in, | 客人登记入住之后 |
[04:08] | I don’t wanna know what they do up there. | 我可不管他们在里头做什么 |
[04:10] | Her purse was missing, and she didn’t have an I.D. on her. | 她的钱包不见了 又没有身份证 |
[04:13] | Any chance she paid for the room with a credit card? | 是否有可能用信用卡付房费 |
[04:17] | All I can tell you is, whoever rented the room on friday | 我只能告诉你一点 死者是周五租的房 |
[04:19] | Paid cash for a 5-day stay | 用现金付了五天的房租 |
[04:21] | They were supposed to be out tonight. | 他们本应于今晚离开 |
[04:23] | So at midnight, I went up to check | 因此到了午夜 我上去查房 |
[04:24] | If the place was empty | 看看房间是否空出来了 |
[04:26] | and found her in the tub. | 没想到见她死在浴缸里 |
[04:27] | It’s gonna be a bitch to clean it. | 打扫起来麻烦得很 |
[04:29] | So if anybody was meeting her here… | 那么如果有人来这边找她 |
[04:30] | It’s not like the guests arrive and I ring them up! | 这里可不是来客人 会有电话通知的 |
[04:33] | – This ain’t the ritz. – Clearly. | -这可不是豪华旅馆 -明白了 |
[04:35] | What about tonight? Anyone strange coming in or going out? | 今晚呢 有没有举止怪异的人进出 |
[04:38] | Hey, bill. | 比尔 |
[04:40] | Jasmine, how’s it hangin’? | 茉莉 玩的开心吗 |
[04:44] | I think you just described half their clientele. | 我想半数的客人都符合你说的特征 |
[04:48] | Unidentified woman– | 女性 身份不明 |
[04:49] | Early 40s, good health. | 四十岁出头 健康状况良好 |
[04:51] | She’s wearing a wedding ring, but there’s no inscription. | 她带着结婚戒指 但上面没有刻字 |
[04:54] | – Cause of death? – Drowning. | -死因 -溺毙 |
[04:56] | And there’s a nasty contusion on the back of her head. | 她的头部后面有严重挫伤 |
[04:58] | So somebody hit her hard enough to knock her out | 也就是说 有人把她打晕了 |
[05:00] | And then gave her a motor oil bath. | 然后给她来了一个机油浴 |
[05:01] | And I found this in one of her pockets. | 我在她的一个口袋找到这个 |
[05:05] | Ticket stub for the metro-North. | 北方铁路的票根 |
[05:07] | Our victim took the train in | 受害人是昨天早上 |
[05:09] | from westchester yesterday morning. | 从威彻斯特坐火车过来的 |
[05:10] | Westchester to lower manhattan? | 从威彻斯特到曼哈顿南部 |
[05:12] | That’s a long way to go for a lube job. | 大老远赶来就为了次机油浴 |
[05:15] | See, when married ladies go to cheap hotels, | 已婚女人入住廉价旅馆 |
[05:17] | It’s always about sex. | 十有八九是因为性 |
[05:19] | Or drugs. | 或者毒品 |
[05:20] | The sample in one of the wine glasses | 从一个酒杯的取样中 |
[05:22] | – Tested positive for remian. – A sleeping pill. | -检测到了雷米安的成分 -一种安眠药 |
[05:26] | – Mm-mm. – This was not a crime of passion. | -对 -这不是冲动性谋杀 |
[05:29] | That room was rented for five days | 有人租了五天的房 |
[05:30] | And someone stocked the place up with motor oil. | 还在里头藏了机油 |
[05:32] | That takes planning. | 这是精心设计的 |
[05:34] | And nice suburban ladies | 漂亮的郊区女性 |
[05:35] | don’t just take the train into the city | 乘火车进城却没有回家 |
[05:37] | And not return without somebody noticing. | 不可能没人发觉 |
[05:40] | Irvington P.D. Logged a call last night | 欧文顿警局昨晚接到一个名叫 |
[05:42] | from a Michael Goldman wanting to report | 迈克尔·高德曼的人的报案电话 |
[05:44] | His wife Allison missing. | 他的妻子艾莉森失踪 |
[05:45] | Clothing and description match. | 衣服和外貌与死者相符 |
[05:47] | Said she went into the city for work and never came back. | 说她进城工作却没有回家 |
[05:49] | Said he knew that something was wrong. | 他说感到情况不对 |
[05:51] | Poor guy. Unless he’s the killer… | 可怜的家伙 除非他就是凶手 |
[05:55] | And he’s covering his tracks by calling the police | 试图在尸体发现前 |
[05:57] | Before the body’s discovered. | 通过报案掩饰罪行 |
[05:58] | How about we question him before we convict him? | 在拘捕他之前先问问情况怎么样 |
[06:01] | You got an address? | 有地址吗 |
[06:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:07] | I don’t un-understand. | 我不明白 |
[06:09] | Where did you say that she was found? | 你说在哪里发现她尸体的 |
[06:11] | At an S.R.O. in the city.. | 市区的一个廉价旅馆 |
[06:14] | It’s a single room occupancy. It’s like a transient hotel. | 就是一个单人间 类似供短期逗留的旅馆 |
[06:17] | Why would she be in a place like that? | 她怎么会呆在那里 |
[06:19] | Can you think of anyone she might’ve been meeting? | 你知道她在那里要和谁见面吗 |
[06:21] | No. | 不知道 |
[06:22] | My wife and I were happily married, detective. | 探长 我们的婚姻很幸福 |
[06:24] | We had no secrets. | 我们坦诚相待 |
[06:25] | You told police last night that your wife went into the city | 你昨晚告诉警察你妻子 |
[06:27] | – For her job? – She was working part-time.. | -因工作而进城 -她做兼职 |
[06:31] | We’d had some financial setbacks the last few years. | 这几年我们财政状况不好 |
[06:33] | I’d been laid off, and we had to give up the apartment. | 我暂时失业 我们不得不卖掉公寓 |
[06:36] | How did your wife handle the move to the suburbs? | 你妻子对于搬到郊区怎么看的 |
[06:39] | Not, uh, not too well. | 不太能接受 |
[06:41] | Allison missed the city, so a couple months ago, | 艾莉森想念城市生活 因此几个月前 |
[06:43] | She got a job working three days a week | 她在曼哈顿的一家服装店 |
[06:44] | At a clothing boutique in Manhattan… | 找到了一份一周三天的工作 |
[06:46] | This little place on 72nd called Lehane’s. | 就在72大街 里涵服装店 |
[06:50] | She said that being there… | 她说在那里工作 |
[06:59] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:00] | She said that being there… | 她说在那里工作 |
[07:02] | Reminded her of the good old days. | 勾起她很多对过去美好时光的回忆 |
[07:08] | So I’m trying to put together a timeline | 我试图把艾莉森·高德曼死前 |
[07:11] | Of Allison Goldman’s last hours. | 几小时的行程整理出来 |
[07:13] | First call I make is to Lehane’s, | 首先我打电话给里涵服装店 |
[07:14] | the store where she worked. | 就是艾莉森工作的地方 |
[07:16] | I say to the owner, “good morning, sir | 我对店主说 早上好 |
[07:17] | I’d like to talk to you about your employee | 我想和你谈谈你的员工 |
[07:19] | – Allison Goldman. – And? | -艾莉森·高德曼 -他说什么 |
[07:21] | And he says, “who?”. | 他说是谁 |
[07:24] | Allison didn’t work there. | 艾莉森不在那里工作 |
[07:26] | Not yesterday, not ever.. | 昨天没有以前也没有 |
[07:27] | Well, if she wasn’t going into the city | 如果她一周进城三次 |
[07:29] | Three times a week for a job | 不是为了工作 |
[07:30] | Then what was she doing there? | 那她进城做什么 |
[07:31] | And how did she come home friday night | 而且每个周五晚上又从哪里搞到的 |
[07:32] | With 400 bucks in cash for the family kitty? | 四百美元贴补家用 |
[07:35] | Maybe Castle was right. Maybe this was about sex. | 或许卡塞尔是对的 和性有关 |
[07:37] | The lady was a soccer mom. | 她可是个好母亲 |
[07:38] | Come by my daughter’s school about 3:30. | 三点半路过我女儿的学校 |
[07:40] | The place is like happy hour.. | 那地方简直是天堂 |
[07:42] | Maybe she had a boyfriend.. | 或者她有个男朋友 |
[07:44] | Yes, a boyfriend… | 在萨巴斯商店[专卖高级食品的超市] |
[07:45] | Someone she met in line at Zabar | 排队认识了一位男朋友 |
[07:47] | Or, uh, one afternoon at the museum | 或者是一个下午在博物馆 |
[07:50] | When she, uh, ducked in to escape a rainstorm. | 她为躲雨 进入了博物馆 |
[07:52] | Maybe it was someone she already knew from the city, | 也可能是她之前就在市区认识的人 |
[07:54] | Someone who reminded her of when times were good, | 一个让她想起美好时光的人 |
[07:58] | Before she had to give up that cute apartment | 在被迫离开有水景的 |
[08:00] | With the partial river view. | 可爱公寓之前的时光 |
[08:01] | Someone who was slipping her a little cash | 也许有人给她点小钱花 |
[08:03] | While he was slipping her something else. | 作为报偿她向其提供一些服务 |
[08:05] | Yeah, Allison Goldman wouldn’t have some cheap affair. | 艾莉森·高德曼不像随便和人好上的人 |
[08:07] | This person would’ve had to have meant something to her… | 这个人对可能对她有重大意义 |
[08:09] | Someone who cared for her, someone who listened to her. | 一个关心她 倾听她的人 |
[08:12] | Only now he wanted a little more return for his investment, | 而现在他希望自己的付出要有回报 |
[08:16] | Something she wasn’t willing to do. | 做一些她不愿意做的事 |
[08:17] | Like leave her husband. | 例如离开她丈夫 |
[08:19] | And when she wouldn’t, then he got violent.. | 她不同意 于是他动粗 |
[08:21] | Yep. | 没错 |
[08:22] | You know, I feel so stupid. Here I am looking for evidence, | 这太荒谬了 我现在正寻找线索 |
[08:25] | And all I had to do was just make something up | 而你们却靠编故事了事 |
[08:28] | So this imaginary boyfriend killer.. | 那么这个假想的男友杀手 |
[08:31] | Do you think that he has an imaginary address? | 你们假想出他的地址没 |
[08:33] | Detective Beckett? | 贝克特探长 |
[08:36] | Mr. Goldman, what is it? | 高德曼先生 什么事 |
[08:42] | My lawyer called the social security office this morning | 我的律师今早给社保办公室打电话 |
[08:44] | To let them know that Allison had passed away. | 好让他们知道艾莉森去世了 |
[08:47] | He faxed this to me two hours ago. | 两小时前他传真了这个给我 |
[08:52] | A death certificate? | 死亡证明 |
[08:53] | Yeah. For Allison Porter. | 艾莉森·波特的死亡证明 |
[08:55] | Now Porter was my wife’s maiden name. | 波特是我妻子娘家的姓 |
[08:58] | But it says here | 不过上面说 |
[08:58] | that Allison Porter died in 1963. | 艾莉森·波特早在1963年就去世了 |
[09:02] | When she was 3 months old. | 这个波特死的时候才三个月 |
[09:04] | But this child’s social security number | 但这个已故孩子的社保号码 |
[09:06] | Is the same as my wife’s. | 和我妻子的一模一样 |
[09:11] | My wife wasn’t the womanshe said she was. | 我妻子不是她自己说的那个人 |
[09:14] | Our whole life together… | 我们在一起的日子 |
[09:16] | Was a lie. | 是一个弥天大谎 |
[09:31] | So for 20 years, | 二十年了 |
[09:33] | This woman was living under a false name? | 这个女人都用一个假名生活 |
[09:36] | – That’s crazy.. – Yeah, her husband was pretty shaken up. | -这太疯狂了 -她丈夫无比震惊 |
[09:39] | Trust me on this one, kiddo. When a woman marries a man | 儿子这次信我 当一个女人嫁给男人 |
[09:42] | And doesn’t bother to tell him who she is for 20 years, | 却20年不告诉他自己的身份 |
[09:45] | She’s a crimina… | 说明她是个罪犯 |
[09:46] | Mata Hari, shady lady. | 玛塔·哈莉[一战间谍舞蹈家] 影夫人都是如此 |
[09:48] | In other words, a very good actress.. | 换句话说 她是个好演员 |
[09:50] | Speaking of which… You seem to have inherited | 说到这里 你似乎遗传了 |
[09:52] | – A bit of my talent.. – Oh? How so? | -我的部分才华 -此话怎讲 |
[09:55] | The poker game. You let Beckett win. | 那场扑克牌 你放水让贝克特赢 |
[10:00] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不晓得你乱说些什么 |
[10:01] | Come on. I checked your cards. | 别装了 我看了你的牌 |
[10:06] | I- I didn’t want to take her money | 我 我不想在她所有朋友的面前 |
[10:08] | In front of all her friends. | 赢光她的钱 |
[10:09] | Kate Beckett is not some bimbo | 凯特·贝克特不是那种 |
[10:10] | who needs big, strong you to look out for her. | 需要宽大臂膀保护的女人 |
[10:13] | She’s a real woman. | 她是个真正的女人 |
[10:14] | And a real woman does not want to be patronized. | 一个真正的女人是 不需要人刻意保护的 |
[10:16] | – She’s right, dad. – Yeah.. | 她是对的 老爸 |
[10:18] | I was being nice. | 我只是好意 |
[10:22] | Castle. Yeah, I’m on my way | 卡塞尔 好的 我马上到 |
[10:26] | All right, I’m on my way | 好的 我这就回局里 |
[10:27] | To the precinct to find out Who this Mata Hari really was. | 看看这个玛塔·哈莉到底是谁 |
[10:32] | Allison Goldman e-mail account.. | 艾莉森·高德曼的邮箱帐号 |
[10:34] | Allison writes: | 艾莉森写道 |
[10:35] | “Lee, can we meet on tuesday instead this week?” | “李 这周我们换到周二见好吗” |
[10:38] | Lee writes back, “sounds good. The usual place.” | 李回复 “可以 老地方见” |
[10:40] | Tuesday. The day that she was murdered. | 周二 就是她被害的那天 |
[10:42] | So Allison’s imaginary boyfriend has a very real e-mail account. | 这么说来 我们假想的艾莉森男友 |
[10:47] | He goes by the screen | 还真有一个邮箱账号 |
[10:48] | Name “LWax220”. | 账户名为”LWax220″ |
[10:50] | The husband said it didn’t sound familiar to him. | 她丈夫说没听过这个名字 |
[10:52] | We cyber-Tracked it down. | 我们通过网络查出来了 |
[10:53] | Check this Castle.. The guy’s a writer. | 卡塞尔 看 这个人是个作家 |
[10:56] | A real writer or | 一个真正的作家 |
[10:57] | an “i took a course at the learning annex” writer? | 还是上过写作培训课的写手 |
[10:59] | Well, his name is Lee Wax. | 他的名字叫李·瓦克斯 |
[11:01] | He writes true crime. | 他是纪实犯罪的作家 |
[11:03] | “Bobby Socks and blood…” | 《短袜与鲜血》 |
[11:04] | “The true story of a cheerleader and eagle scout | “拉拉队长和雄鹰童子军的真实故事” |
[11:08] | And the murder that shocked america”. | “震惊全美的凶杀案” |
[11:10] | – Gimme a break. – Well, maybe he got tired of | -得了吧 -或许他厌倦了 |
[11:12] | Writing about other people’s murders | 描写他人的谋杀 |
[11:14] | And decided to commit one on his own. | 转而自己作案 |
[11:25] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[11:26] | Your winnings from the other night. | 这是那天晚上你赢的钱 |
[11:28] | I’m not an idiot. | 我不傻 |
[11:29] | I know you threw the last hand. | 早知道你故意输的 |
[11:33] | How did you figure it out? | 你怎么看出来的 |
[11:36] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 |
[11:37] | Oh, my mother called you, didn’t she? | 我妈妈告诉你的 对吧 |
[11:39] | You owe me a rematch. | 我们得再赌一次 |
[11:43] | Fine. You wanna play? Let’s play. | 没问题 我奉陪 |
[11:45] | How about tomorrow night? | 明晚就比怎么样 |
[11:47] | – With your mystery buddies? – What, are you kidding? | -和你那帮神秘哥们一起 -别开玩笑了 |
[11:49] | No, no, no, those guys would eat you alive. | 不行 他们会活活吃掉你 |
[11:51] | No, I was thinking of something a little more local. | 不如找些本地的人 |
[11:54] | My, uh, Gotham City crew. | 我在哥谭市的[蝙蝠侠中的城市] 合作伙伴 |
[11:56] | Guys I beat on a regular basis. | 和他们一起我比较放得开 |
[11:57] | – Your Gotham City crew. – Yeah, the Captain, the Mayor | -你在哥谭市的伙伴 -有队长和市长 |
[12:01] | And Judge Markway. | 还有马克维法官 |
[12:01] | You know, your boss, your boss’ boss | 即你的老板 你老板的老板 |
[12:03] | And the guy that signs your warrants. | 还有授权令的签署人 |
[12:04] | Or would that make you nervous? | 这些人让你觉得紧张了吧 |
[12:06] | I mean, I wouldn’t want to throw your game. | 不是有意向你施加压力 |
[12:07] | But I also don’t want you to feel patronized. | 也不是故意拍你马屁 |
[12:09] | Just set it up and prepare to get your ass kicked. | 放马过来 我会打得你满地找牙 |
[12:21] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[12:28] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[12:47] | Look who’s stalking. | 他们竟然被跟踪 |
[12:50] | Stay here. | 呆着别动 |
[13:03] | – Hey! Who the hell are you? – Who the hell are you? | -你是谁 -你是谁 |
[13:06] | Lee Wax. What are you doing in my apartment? | 李·瓦克斯 你们在我家做什么 |
[13:09] | – You’re a woman. – Either you tell me who you are right now, | -你是女的 -再不报上姓名 |
[13:13] | Or I am calling the cops. | 我马上报警 |
[13:15] | I am the cops. My name is Detective Kate Beckett. | 我就是警察 探长凯特·贝克特 |
[13:18] | We would like to ask you some questions | 警方将询问你一些 |
[13:19] | – About Allison Goldman. – Allison. | -有关艾莉森·高德曼的问题 -艾莉森 |
[13:25] | Just… | 等等 |
[13:27] | Just, uh, let me get my lawyer. | 我 马上联系一下律师 |
[13:29] | Why do you need a lawyer? | 为什么联系律师 |
[13:31] | Why do you think? | 你自己想想 |
[13:32] | So you’re confessing. | 你有需要招供的事情 |
[13:34] | No, I’m not confessing to anything. It’s just… | 当然没有 只不过 |
[13:37] | My publisher instructed me not to talk to law enforcemen | 出版商告诫我 除非律师在场 |
[13:40] | – Until I had a lawyer present.. – Your publisher? | -不要谈论任何法律案件 -出版商 |
[13:43] | You know, I would like to state for the record | 我会在口供里声明 |
[13:45] | That I never harbored, nor did I conceal, a fugitive. | 我既没有窝藏罪犯 也没有隐匿案情 |
[13:49] | – What are you talking about? – Allison Goldman. | -你在说些什么 -艾莉森·高德曼 |
[13:51] | If that’s why you’re here, then obviously you found her. | 你们找上门来 肯定是发现她的行踪了 |
[13:55] | Yes. Murdered. | 没错 发现她被谋杀 |
[13:58] | Murdered? | 谋杀 |
[14:00] | Murdered by who? | 谁杀了她 |
[14:01] | Well, given your unhealthy obsession for her, | 鉴于你对她病态的迷恋 |
[14:04] | I’m going to take a wild stab at… you. | 我觉得你有很大嫌疑 |
[14:07] | Me? | 我 |
[14:09] | No, I am a ghostwriter. | 我就是一个代笔者 |
[14:11] | – We were working on her memoir. – Memoir? | -代笔替她写回忆录 -回忆录 |
[14:13] | Why would Allison Goldman need a memoir? | 艾莉森·高德曼为什么需要回忆录 |
[14:16] | Wait. So you don’t know who she really is? | 你们不清楚她的真实身份 |
[14:19] | We do now. | 现在知道了 |
[14:21] | Apparently, our Westchester housewife | 看来 威彻斯特的家庭主妇 |
[14:23] | Was also a fugitive. | 还是一个在逃犯 |
[14:33] | That’s Allison Goldman? | 这是艾莉森·高德曼 |
[14:35] | A.K.A. Cynthia Dern. | 又名欣西亚·德恩 |
[14:37] | In 1989, she and two friends | 1989年伙同两个朋友 |
[14:38] | Set off a bomb on a tanker owned by a big oil company. | 在属于石油公司的油轮上安装炸弹 |
[14:41] | I remember this. Some radical environmentalists | 我记得这个案子 一些激进的环保主义者 |
[14:44] | Protesting the “Exxon Valdez” spill. | 强烈抗议埃克森·瓦尔迪兹号邮轮泄漏事故 |
[14:46] | Yes. One was killed, one was caught. | 一人死亡一人被捕 |
[14:47] | But Cynthia Dern was never found. | 不过欣西亚·德恩仍在逃 |
[14:49] | Looks like her past finally caught up with her. | 看来她还是没有逃脱往日的罪行 |
[14:52] | Jared Swanstrom, uh, built the bomb. | 贾内德·斯万斯托制造炸弹 |
[14:54] | Susan Mailer and Cynthia snuck onboard to set it, | 苏珊·梅勒和欣西亚负责上船安装 |
[14:56] | Only something went wrong. | 但出了差错 |
[14:59] | You see, the ship was supposed to be empty of oil and people, | 船上本应空无一人 没有载油 |
[15:02] | But the captain, Sam Pike, had come back. | 但是船长山姆·派克中途回到船上 |
[15:05] | He was paralyzed in the explosion. | 在爆炸中瘫痪 |
[15:08] | How did you track down Cynthia? | 你是如何查到欣西亚下落 |
[15:09] | I didn’t. She contacted me. | 不是我 是她找到我 |
[15:13] | Cynthia had decided to turn herself in, | 欣西亚准备自首了 |
[15:15] | But before she surrendered, | 但投降之前 |
[15:17] | She wanted to get her story out to the public | 希望将这一切公之于众 |
[15:19] | And express her remorse. | 同时表达深深的忏悔 |
[15:20] | And get public opinion on her side. | 借此拉拢民众 |
[15:23] | It’s a great way to influence a potential jury pool. | 对潜在陪审团成员来说 这很奏效 |
[15:25] | But she did it, right? | 但她的确犯了错误对吗 |
[15:27] | So how was she planning on influencing them? | 她打算如何引导舆论 |
[15:28] | Cynthia told me that | 欣西亚告诉我 |
[15:30] | On the night of the bombing, she had tried to back out. | 爆炸当晚 她曾想放弃 |
[15:33] | When she realized that the captain was aboard, | 因为意识到船长还在上面 |
[15:35] | She argued with Susan Mailer to call it off, | 她提议取消活动 |
[15:37] | But Susan refused. | 但是苏珊拒绝了 |
[15:38] | Susan went to set the bomb herself | 争吵之后苏珊自行安装了炸弹 |
[15:40] | And ironically, died in the explosion. | 却在爆炸中身亡 很讽刺吧 |
[15:43] | She was vaporized. | 欣西亚则销声匿迹 |
[15:46] | So why would she come out of hiding now? | 为什么她又出现在公众视线 |
[15:49] | Money. She need the cash. | 她需要钱 |
[15:51] | You were paying her? | 你付钱给她 |
[15:52] | A couple hundred a week. If the book had sold well… | 如果回忆录畅销 一周能有几百元 |
[15:57] | I don’t have to tell you how much money was at stake. | 具体数字尚不方便透露 |
[16:04] | When was the last time you saw Cynthia? | 你最后一次见到她是什么时候 |
[16:06] | Tuesday afternoon. | 周二下午 |
[16:10] | Did she mention that she was going to see anyone else, | 她有没有提过要去见谁 |
[16:12] | Maybe someone from her past? | 或许是她从前生活中的人 |
[16:14] | No, no, Cynthia was really paranoid about | 没有 她对此相当敏感 |
[16:17] | Being discovered before the book came out. | 不希望书籍出版之前被指认 |
[16:19] | She didn’t want me to get in touch with anyone from her old life. | 也不许我联系她过去生活中的人 |
[16:22] | But you did, anyway.. | 不过你还是联系了 |
[16:24] | Any true crime writer worth their salt | 要对得起罪案作家这个名号 |
[16:26] | Is gonna check her story with other sources. | 消息一定要可靠 |
[16:32] | Okay, so I made a few calls. | 没错 我是打了几通电话 |
[16:34] | The sources that you were talking to, | 你联系的这些人中 |
[16:35] | Did any of them want her dead? | 有没有想置她于死地的 |
[16:37] | Maybe, but… | 也许有 不过 |
[16:38] | Remember, nobody knew how to find her. | 别忘了 没人找得到她 |
[16:41] | I mean,i didn’t even know where she lived. | 连我都不知道她住在哪里 |
[16:43] | I’m gonna need to see your interview notes | 我需要看看你的采访记录 |
[16:45] | And your manuscript. | 还有回忆录的原稿 |
[16:50] | You can have whatever you want, but in return | 需要材料尽管拿 不过作为回报 |
[16:52] | I’d like to be kept in the loop as the investigation proceeds. | 我希望对调查过程全程跟踪 |
[16:55] | What for? | 为什么 |
[16:56] | – My book. – You’re gonna go through with it? | -为了完成我的书 -你还要继续写完 |
[17:00] | But Cynthia’s dead. | 欣西亚已经死了 |
[17:01] | Correction, Cynthia was murdered, | 错 欣西亚被谋杀了 |
[17:03] | Which means her memoir | 因此她的回忆录 |
[17:04] | Just became a true crime story, | 就变成罪案文学了 |
[17:06] | Which is kind of my forte. | 这正是我的强项 |
[17:07] | You’d be doing me a huge favor. | 你们可真是帮了大忙了 |
[17:10] | You know, I- I would love to. | 我也很想帮忙 |
[17:12] | But I have a whole list of writers | 不过有一大群作家在我周围 |
[17:15] | Who are hanging around, looking for favors. | 等着捡便宜 |
[17:18] | So thank you very much, though, for cooperating, and I’ll… | 所以 谢谢合作 |
[17:21] | Catch you on the dark side. | 有消息我会私下再联系你 |
[17:30] | It’s a pretty sweet gig | 这份兼职真不错 |
[17:31] | You’ve scored for yourself, Mr. Castle. | 卡塞尔先生 很会利用外部条件 |
[17:34] | Is this your secret to writing best sellers? | 这就是成为畅销作家的秘密武器吧 |
[17:37] | Follow the pretty cop lady around | 跟着漂亮女警官 |
[17:38] | And take copious notes? | 趁机得到详实丰富的资料 |
[17:40] | I like to think talent played a small part. | 我的天份也起了一定作用 |
[17:43] | Still, this is the kind of all-access pass | 不过 能在警局和现场畅行无阻 |
[17:45] | Most writers would kill for. | 的确是作家梦寐以求的 |
[17:46] | Let’s get to the part where you tell me what you want. | 直说你想干什么吧 |
[17:50] | Well, maybe you can give me a call sometime… | 你给我打电话好了 |
[17:53] | One professional to another. | 作家对作家 |
[17:57] | Or do you need to check with your boss lady? | 是不是这件事也要上报女领导 |
[18:00] | Why don’t you give me your number, | 不如你把号码给我 |
[18:02] | And I’ll see what I can do? | 让我考虑一下 怎么样 |
[18:13] | A domestic terrorist who clips coupons. | 恐怖分子收集折价券过生活 |
[18:16] | I just might buy the movie rights myself. | 多好的电影素材 |
[18:18] | Well, the bombing obviously wasn’t | 显然爆炸装置 |
[18:19] | A very sophisticated operation. | 不是很复杂 |
[18:21] | Susan Mailer was killed in the blast, | 苏珊·梅勒在爆炸中身亡 |
[18:23] | And Jared Swanstrom was caught by the FBI | 随后贾内德·斯万斯托被联调局逮捕 |
[18:25] | And served 15 years. | 被关押十五年 |
[18:27] | Allison Goldman, a.k.a Cynthia Dern | 艾莉森·高德曼又名欣西亚·德恩 |
[18:29] | Managed to stay a fugitive for nearly two decades. | 几乎逃亡二十年 |
[18:32] | And then she poked her head out of hiding, | 最近刚刚暴露身份 |
[18:33] | And a couple months later, she’s dead. | 几个月后 她就死了 |
[18:36] | Well, who would hold a grudge for 20 years? | 谁会将一份怨恨埋藏二十年 |
[18:42] | How about the people whose lives she’s ruined? | 那些被她毁了下半辈子的人 |
[18:48] | You say she was living in Irvington? | 你说她住在欧文顿 |
[18:51] | That’s just a couple of miles away from here. | 离这只有几英里 |
[18:53] | In the months leading up to her death, | 死前几个月 |
[18:55] | Cynthia was working with a journalist. | 欣西亚曾和一名记者一起写作 |
[18:57] | We spoke with Lee Wax several times. | 我们和李·瓦克斯聊过几次 |
[19:00] | She never told us Cynthia was involved. | 从没提到和欣西亚有关 |
[19:03] | She should have. | 她应该告诉我们 |
[19:06] | Excuse me, will you? Excuse me, please. | 劳驾 失陪了 |
[19:12] | This is hard for him. | 这对他来说很艰难 |
[19:14] | He’s still angry about what happened. We all are. | 对那件事他仍然很愤怒 我们全家都是 |
[19:18] | This your son? | 这是你儿子 |
[19:20] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[19:21] | – He’s a sailor, just like his dad. – The settlement wasn’t enough to | -和老爸一样做了海员 -安置费不够支付 |
[19:24] | Cover all of Sam’s medical costs. | 山姆全部医疗费用 |
[19:27] | Adam’s been working and helping out | 亚当从十几岁开始 |
[19:29] | Since he was a teenager. | 就一直工作来贴补家用 |
[19:36] | Adam? I’m detective Kate Beckett. | 亚当 我是凯特·贝克特探长 |
[19:39] | Is this about her? | 是跟那个人有关吗 |
[19:41] | Cynthia or Allison or whatever she called herself? | 欣西亚 艾莉森 或她随便编的名字 |
[19:44] | Did you have any idea that she lived so close? | 你知道她就住在附近吗 |
[19:47] | Didn’t know, didn’t care. | 不知道 也不想知道 |
[19:50] | You didn’t care about the woman | 你对这个差点杀了你父亲的 |
[19:51] | Who almost killed your father? | 女人无动于衷 |
[19:53] | I find that hard to believe. | 我认为这不可理喻 |
[19:55] | You know, my family waited 20 years | 我们全家苦等二十年 |
[19:57] | For the cops to find Cynthia Dern | 就为了等欣西亚·德恩被捕 |
[19:59] | So my dad could get just a little bit of justice. | 我父亲借此伸张一点正义 |
[20:02] | Well, it’s too late for that now. | 但二十年也太长了 一切都晚了 |
[20:04] | So what do you want from us? | 你们到底来做什么 |
[20:06] | Well, I thought you might want to know how Cynthia died. | 只是以为你们想知道 欣西亚怎么死的 |
[20:10] | She was drowned in motor oil. | 淹死在机油里 |
[20:13] | Motor oil? | 机油 |
[20:14] | It’s almost as if whoever did it | 几乎可以确定 杀死她的人 |
[20:15] | had a personal connection to the bombing. | 曾和爆炸事件有直接关系 |
[20:19] | Adam, if I looked in your garage right now, | 亚当 你的车库里 |
[20:20] | Would I find motor oil? | 是否有机油 |
[20:25] | I own a boat and a car, detective. | 探长 我有一艘船和一辆车 |
[20:27] | And where were you last tuesday? | 上周二你在哪里 |
[20:30] | I bartend at the Foxtail Grill on Manchester every tuesday. | 我每周二都在曼彻斯特一家烧烤店做酒保 |
[20:35] | Are we done? | 还有什么要问的 |
[20:37] | Yes, for now. | 目前没有 |
[20:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:43] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[20:44] | I hope his alibi checks out. | 我希望他的不在场证明成立 |
[20:45] | I hope he didn’t do it. | 希望不是他做的 |
[20:47] | And here I thought you would be saying | 那时估计你就会说 |
[20:48] | What a great story it would make if Adam Pike did it.. | 要的确是他做的 该是多么精彩的故事啊 |
[20:51] | – A son taking revenge for his father. – It is a good story. It’s a great story. | -子报父仇 -这个素材真的不错 |
[20:55] | Personally, I would just write a happier ending for that family. | 从个人角度 我只想给这家人大团圆结局 |
[20:57] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[20:58] | FBI files on the tanker bombing in ’89 | 这是89年油轮爆炸事件后 联调局的档案 |
[21:01] | – I’ve been going through them. – And? | -看完之后我发现 -请说 |
[21:03] | Three days after the bombing, they captured Jared Swanstrom | 爆炸三天后贾内德·斯万斯托 |
[21:05] | At a motel where he’d been hiding out. | 在藏身的汽车旅馆中被捕 |
[21:07] | Feds had a tip line. Some helpful citizen calls | 警方收到消息 有人打来电话 |
[21:10] | And said they’d seen Swanstrom at the motel. | 说在汽车旅馆里看到斯万斯托 |
[21:12] | Feds go in, grab him up, easy peasy. | 联邦警探轻而易举抓住了他 |
[21:15] | It’s pretty standard stuff. | 这是正常流程 |
[21:16] | Yeah, until you get to the part where | 对 不过奇怪的是 |
[21:17] | The tipster never collects onthe reward. | 线人从未现身领取奖励 |
[21:19] | And who was the tipster? | 线人是谁 |
[21:21] | That’s just it. The FBI never knew | 没了 联调局也不知道 |
[21:23] | – ’cause she didn’t leave a name. – She? | -她是匿名打的电话 -她 |
[21:27] | Records describe the voice as young and female. | 记录显示 是一名年轻女性 |
[21:30] | It could be Cynthia Dern. | 也许是欣西亚·德恩 |
[21:33] | Do you think she would give up her friends to the cops? | 你认为她会向警方出卖同伙 |
[21:35] | Doesn’t matter what I think. | 我的看法不重要 |
[21:36] | It only matters what Swanstrom thought. | 斯万斯托是否也有此想法 |
[21:38] | The guy did 15 years in prison. | 入狱十五年 |
[21:40] | That’s a long time to think about who put you there. | 有足够时间想清谁背叛了他 |
[21:57] | – Jared Swanstrom? – Yeah. | -贾内德·斯万斯托 -是 |
[22:00] | NYPD. We’d like to ask you | 纽约警署 我们想问问 |
[22:01] | some questions about Cynthia Dern. | 有关欣西亚·德恩的事情 |
[22:05] | I’m not sure what I can tell you. | 我不知道能说什么 |
[22:06] | I hadn’t seen her in 20 years. | 我有20年没见她了 |
[22:08] | But you knew she was writing a book, right? | 但你知道她在写书 对吧 |
[22:10] | You spoke to Lee Wax? | 你跟李·瓦克斯聊过吧 |
[22:11] | I spoke with her. I told her to give Cynthia my regards. | 我跟她聊过 我让她代我向欣西亚问好 |
[22:15] | So you weren’t bearing any old grudges? | 你难道对她没有怀恨在心吗 |
[22:17] | Against Cynthia? What for? | 对欣西亚吗 为什么 |
[22:20] | For turning you in. | 把你弄到局子里 |
[22:22] | It was Cynthia who called the cops the night you were arrested. | 你被捕的那晚是欣西亚打的电话 |
[22:25] | Well, if that’s true, she was just trying to save herself. | 就算这样 那她打电话也是为了自救 |
[22:29] | Right after the bombing, Cynthia wanted to run.. | 爆炸之后 欣西亚想逃跑 |
[22:31] | You know, try to make it to canada. | 跑到加拿大 |
[22:32] | But I, uh, I fell apart. | 但是我崩溃了 |
[22:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:36] | Guilt. I’m the one who built the bomb. | 内心谴责 是我造了炸弹 |
[22:40] | – I’m the one who messed it up. – Messed it up how? | -但是我搞砸了 -怎么讲 |
[22:42] | The girls were supposed to have three minutes | 女孩子们本该有三分钟时间 |
[22:44] | To get off that ship before it went off.. | 趁爆炸前下船 |
[22:45] | Three minutes. | 三分钟 |
[22:46] | When Cynthia got back in the car that night, | 那天晚上欣西亚回到车上说 |
[22:48] | She said that something had gone wrong, | 事情有点不对 |
[22:50] | That the bomb had.. had blown early. | 炸弹提早 提早爆炸了 |
[22:56] | I’m the reason that Susan Mailer is dead. | 苏珊·梅勒是因为我才死的 |
[23:05] | At least one of them took responsibility | 至少他们中有个人 |
[23:07] | For what happened that night. | 肯对那晚上的事情负责 |
[23:09] | Yeah. Maybe even a little too much responsibility. | 没准他负的责任太多了 |
[23:13] | You don’t believe Jared Swanstrom’s story? | 你不相信贾内德·斯万斯托的话 |
[23:15] | Well, that’s the thing | 其实是这样 |
[23:16] | It’s not his story. It’s Cynthia’s. | 不是他的话 而是欣西亚的话 |
[23:18] | You wanna break it down for those of us who’ve already had a glass of wine? | 你们想破坏了享用美酒的心情吗 |
[23:21] | Cynthia told Lee Wax that she and Susan Mailer had an argument as to | 欣西亚告诉李·瓦克斯她曾与苏珊·梅勒争论 |
[23:25] | whether or not to set off the bomb once they knew the captain was onboard. | 是否明知船长在船上仍引爆炸弹 |
[23:28] | Cynthia backed out. | 欣西亚不干了 |
[23:30] | Susan went on to set off the bomb by herself and… | 苏珊于是独自引爆炸弹 于是 |
[23:33] | … Boom. | 爆炸了 |
[23:35] | But today, Jared Swanstrom said that Cynthia | 但今天 贾内德·斯万斯托说欣西亚 |
[23:37] | told him there was something wrong with the timer. | 告诉他爆炸时机不对 |
[23:39] | She never said anything about an argument. | 她对争执一事只字不提 |
[23:41] | Oh… Well, that is a rather glaring omission. | 这可是一个明显的疑点 |
[23:45] | You know, when I’m writing, | 当我创作时 |
[23:45] | I find it’s all about choices.. | 发现一切都和选择有关 |
[23:47] | What to put in, what to leave out, | 哪些该讲述 哪些该省略 |
[23:49] | When to reveal some information, when to hold something back. | 何时揭示真相 何时埋下伏笔 |
[23:52] | But as someone else’s ghostwriter, you only know | 然而作为代笔人 你只知道 |
[23:55] | What they want you to know. | 别人想让你知道的 |
[23:56] | But Lee Wax isn’t Cynthia’s ghostwriter anymore, right? | 所以李·瓦克斯 不是欣西亚的代笔人吗 |
[24:00] | Now that she’s dead, it’s no longer a memoir. | 现如今她死了 这已不是回忆录 |
[24:03] | It’s a true crime story. | 而是一个真实发生的罪案 |
[24:04] | And it sounds like the true story | 听起来真实发生的事情 |
[24:06] | Is a whole lot juicier than Cynthia’s lies. | 这一切比欣西亚的谎言更引人入胜 |
[24:18] | Good morning. Oh. Hey. | 早上好 |
[24:21] | Sorry. I’ve just… | 对不起 我刚刚 |
[24:22] | Been going over Lee Wax’s interview notes. | 正在看李·瓦克斯的访谈笔记 |
[24:26] | When she spoke to Jared Swanstrom, | 她跟贾内德·斯万斯托交谈时 |
[24:28] | He told her the same thing he told us. | 他所说的和他告诉我们的一样 |
[24:29] | Cynthia said the bomb blew early, | 欣西亚说炸弹爆炸早了 |
[24:31] | But she left that version out of her book. | 但是她把没把这一段放在书里 |
[24:33] | That’s because it contradicted Cynthia’s latest story, | 是因为这和欣西亚最近的讲述矛盾 |
[24:36] | That the girls argued when they discovered | 两个女孩争论之际发现 |
[24:37] | That captain Pike was still onboard | 船长仍在船上 |
[24:38] | And that Susan set the bomb alone. | 苏珊于是独自引爆了炸弹 |
[24:41] | According to the publisher, | 根据出版商 |
[24:42] | Cynthia has full approval over everything Lee Wax wrote. | 李·瓦克斯所写须经欣西亚批准 |
[24:46] | It was her way or the highway. | 不听她的就得滚蛋 |
[24:47] | You talked to the publisher? | 你跟出版商谈过吗 |
[24:49] | I am… somewhat known in those circles. | 我正巧认识圈子里的人 |
[24:52] | Anyway, they didn’t like it. | 不论怎样 他们不喜欢这样 |
[24:54] | They were looking for a true crime tell-all, | 他们要的是一个真实的犯罪自白 |
[24:56] | And what they were getting was some | 而他们拿到的则是 |
[24:58] | sanitized bunch of remorseful boohooing | 毫无卖点的悔过书 |
[25:00] | They were getting ready to pull the plug. | 他们本准备终止出版 |
[25:02] | And now? | 现在呢 |
[25:02] | Well, now that Cynthia’s murder is all over the media, | 现在欣西亚的凶杀满城风雨 |
[25:04] | They’re back onboard, | 他们准备重新包装 |
[25:05] | So long as the book takes a more sensationalized angle.. | 只要从更有轰动效应的角度切入 |
[25:08] | “Kaboom! The true story | “真实血案 |
[25:10] | Of a domestic terrorist turned suburban housewife | 国内恐怖分子化身市郊主妇 |
[25:12] | And the crime that shocked America.” | 震惊全国” |
[25:15] | – Catchy. – Thanks. | -抓人眼球 -谢谢 |
[25:16] | So with Cynthia out of the way, | 既然欣西亚不在了 |
[25:18] | Lee Wax is sitting on a potential best seller. | 李·瓦克斯有机会成为畅销作家 |
[25:20] | People have killed for a lot less. | 杀人的原因可没有那么复杂 |
[25:27] | Beckett. | 贝克特 |
[25:31] | All right, bring him in. | 好的 带他进来 |
[25:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[25:35] | Adam Pike’s alibi fell apart. | 亚当·派克的不在场证明被推翻了 |
[25:37] | He was lying about being at work on tuesday night. | 周二晚上他实际并未工作 |
[25:41] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[25:43] | I didn’t even know where she was. | 我甚至不知她在哪 |
[25:45] | We’re not gonna get anywhere if you keep lying to me. | 如果你继续撒谎我可帮不了你 |
[25:48] | I know you went to Westchester. | 我知道你去了威彻斯特 |
[25:50] | I spoke to Cynthia’s husband. He remembers | 我跟欣西亚的丈夫谈过 他记得 |
[25:52] | Seeing a guy just like you outside their house, | 看到一个像你的人 在案发几周前 |
[25:54] | A couple weeks before she was murdered. | 在他家屋外出没 |
[25:59] | Don’t make me put you in the lineup. | 别逼我把你列为嫌犯 |
[26:00] | I just… | 我只是 |
[26:04] | Wanted to talk to her. | 想跟她谈谈 |
[26:05] | – How’d you find her? – That writer. | -你怎么找到她的 -那个作家 |
[26:08] | The way she kept talking about what happened to my dad.. | 她谈起我爸的事 那种语气 |
[26:10] | She knew things that only someone on that ship could know. | 那些事 只有在场的人才知道 |
[26:15] | So I… | 所以我 |
[26:15] | Started following her around. | 跟踪她 |
[26:17] | Eventually, she led me to Cynthia Dern. | 最终 我跟着找到了欣西亚·德恩 |
[26:19] | And why didn’t you call the police? | 你为什么不报警 |
[26:21] | Because I wanted to look her in the eye. | 因为我想直视她的眼睛 |
[26:23] | I wanted to tell her none of it mattered. | 我想告诉她 她做的都是徒劳的 |
[26:25] | Her blood money wouldn’t buy our forgiveness. | 休想用她沾满鲜血的钱换来宽恕 |
[26:29] | What money? | 什么钱 |
[26:30] | What do you mean by “blood money”? | 什么叫沾满鲜血的钱 |
[26:32] | After I found out where Cynthia lived | 在我发现欣西亚的住处 |
[26:33] | I went and told my mom. | 我告诉了我妈妈 |
[26:35] | I didn’t know if we should call the feds or what. | 我不知道是否该打给联调局还是谁 |
[26:38] | She started crying. | 她开始啜泣 |
[26:39] | She told me we’d been getting money | 她告诉我从爆炸那天起 |
[26:40] | every month since the bombing different amounts.. | 每个月会收到一笔钱 |
[26:42] | Sometimes more, sometimes less.. | 时多时少 |
[26:44] | But every month. | 但是月月未落 |
[26:46] | And she thought that the money was coming from Cynthia Dern? | 她认为钱是欣西亚·德恩寄来的 |
[26:48] | The first envelope, there was a note. | 第一封信 有一张条子 |
[26:51] | “Please forgive me.” | “请原谅我” |
[26:53] | Susan Mailer was dead. | 苏珊·梅勒死了 |
[26:54] | Swanstrom was in prison. | 斯万斯托在蹲监狱 |
[26:55] | There wasn’t anybody else. | 不可能会是别人 |
[26:57] | You know, with this kind of evidence, | 你知道 凭你所言 |
[26:58] | Cynthia could’ve been caught years ago. | 我们本可在好几年前逮捕欣西亚 |
[27:01] | Mom said without that money, | 妈妈说 没有那笔钱 |
[27:02] | We wouldn’t have made it, | 我们娘俩撑不下来 |
[27:04] | And she figured, as long as Cynthia was free, | 她自认为只要欣西亚逍遥法外 |
[27:06] | The money would keep coming. | 钱就会一直寄来 |
[27:08] | So why did you lie to me about where you were last tuesday? | 那为什么要骗我们上周二你在工作 |
[27:17] | Because I was there. | 因为我在犯罪现场 |
[27:19] | At the hotel. I followed her. | 我在酒店 我跟踪她来着 |
[27:21] | Look, I was just gonna talk to her. | 我本要跟她谈谈 |
[27:24] | I spent an hour walking up and down that hallway, | 整整一个小时 我在楼梯间踱步 |
[27:26] | Trying to get up the courage to go and knock on that door. | 想着能鼓起勇气敲门 |
[27:28] | You know, i- I was gonna do it. | 我本要这么做 |
[27:31] | But then someone got off the elevator and knocked on her door instead. | 但是有别人下了电梯 敲了她的门 |
[27:35] | You saw her killer? | 你看到了杀她的人吗 |
[27:36] | I didn’t get a good look, but I did hear them talking. | 没看清 但是我听到了他们的对话 |
[27:41] | – And I can tell you one thing. – What? | -我能告诉你一件事 -什么 |
[27:45] | It was a woman. | 是一个女人 |
[27:48] | Lee Wax. | 李·瓦克斯 |
[27:50] | Beckett! | 贝克特 |
[27:51] | It was Lee Wax! | 是李·瓦克斯 |
[27:55] | Beckett! | 贝克特 |
[27:56] | Lee Wax! | 李·瓦克斯 |
[27:59] | Lee… | 李 |
[28:11] | Murder. Are you people crazy? | 谋杀 你们脑子有毛病吗 |
[28:13] | I have an eyewitness who can place you at the S.R.O. | 有目击证人证明你在旅店 |
[28:16] | Where Cynthia’s body was found. | 欣西亚尸体被发现的地方 |
[28:17] | You had motive, means andopportunity. | 你有动机 方式 和机会 |
[28:20] | Please. Only a novelist | 拜托 也只有小说家 |
[28:21] | Could come up with a twist this absurd. | 能编出这么离奇的故事 |
[28:24] | Not as absurd as killing a woman to salvage your story. | 可不如为抢救自己的小说 |
[28:27] | Drowning her in motor oil | 把她溺死在机油里 |
[28:28] | Gave you just the ending you need. | 而更加离奇吧 |
[28:30] | I’m a true crime writer | 我是个真实罪案记录作家 |
[28:31] | So I don’t have your talent for fiction. | 并没什么编故事的天分 |
[28:35] | We know your publisher wanted to dump your contract. | 我们知道出版商想撤回出版合同 |
[28:38] | Because I told them | 那是因为我告诉他们 |
[28:39] | that I thought Cynthia was lying. | 我认为欣西亚撒谎 |
[28:42] | So you didn’t believe her remorse was genuine? | 你不认为她的悔过是发自内心的吗 |
[28:44] | When Cynthia cried, it was for herself. | 当欣西亚哭时 全是为了自己 |
[28:46] | She wanted to cash in | 用悔过的眼泪换点钱 |
[28:47] | And keep herself out of jail. That’s it. | 再帮自己离开监狱 仅此而已 |
[28:49] | Well, she must’ve felt some responsibility for what happened. | 她一定觉得自己该为那天发生的事负责吧 |
[28:51] | After all, she sent the Pikes money year after year.. | 毕竟 她每年都给派克一家寄钱 |
[28:57] | What money? | 什么钱 |
[28:58] | Every month since the bombing, | 从爆炸发生后的每个月 |
[28:59] | The Pikes have been receiving money | 派克一家一直收到钱 |
[29:01] | Courtesy of Cynthia Dern. | 来自欣西亚·德恩的一点好意 |
[29:03] | Only, there’s nothing about that in your notes. | 你的笔记里可无丝毫涉及 |
[29:05] | Because she never told me. Are you sure? | 因为她从没提过 你们确定吗 |
[29:07] | We’re sure. | 确定 |
[29:08] | Look, the tuesday that Cynthia was killed, | 欣西亚被杀的那个周二 |
[29:11] | I was out to dinner with my publisher | 我和我的出版商正在吃饭 |
[29:12] | Until after midnight, | 一直到午夜 |
[29:14] | So I couldn’t have killed her. | 所以我没法杀她 |
[29:19] | Remind me, if I ever decide to write a memoir, | 如果我要决定写回忆录 |
[29:21] | To never write a memoir. | 千万阻止我 |
[29:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:31] | Why not? | 为什么呢 |
[29:31] | Because memoirs are about truth. | 因为回忆录是真实的故事 |
[29:34] | And I’m not a very truthful person. | 而我并不是一个实话实说的人 |
[29:36] | It would be too easy to make myself look good. | 我很容易把自己写成好人 |
[29:38] | It might be harder than you think.. | 可能没有你想的那么容易 |
[29:40] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[29:41] | But I would sure start | 但是我会从 |
[29:42] | With the most generous thing I ever did. | 我曾经做过最慷慨的事开始 |
[29:48] | You mean, | 你是说 |
[29:48] | Like how you anonymously sent money to your victims | 例如因为你对自己的罪行十分内疚 |
[29:50] | Because you felt so guilty about what you’d done? | 所以匿名给受害者寄钱 |
[29:52] | The object of Cynthia’s memoir | 欣西亚写回忆录的目的 |
[29:55] | Was to gain sympathy. | 在于博得同情 |
[29:56] | What could be more sympathetic | 能有什么比给派克家 |
[29:58] | Than sending the Pikes guilt money for 20 years? | 坚持寄钱20年更值得同情呢 |
[30:00] | It doesn’t make sense that Cynthia didn’t tell Lee Wax. | 可欣西亚没告诉李·瓦克斯 这点说不通啊 |
[30:03] | A meno che il denaro non venisse da Cynthia. | 除非钱不是来自欣西亚 |
[30:06] | It had to be from Cynthia. | 肯定是欣西亚寄的 |
[30:07] | Swanstrom was in prison and Susan Mailer was dead. | 斯万斯托在监狱 苏珊·梅勒死了 |
[30:09] | Call. And you’re sure no one else was involved? | 跟 你们确定没有其他人了吗 |
[30:12] | No, just the three of ’em, | 没 只有他们三个有可能 |
[30:13] | Assuming you believe the FBI. | 如果你信任联调局 |
[30:15] | Call. | 跟 |
[30:15] | You know, we don’t really have to talk about this. | 我们不用非得讨论这个吧 |
[30:17] | Anything to stop his honour here | 还有不要提及他对于 |
[30:19] | From talking bout budget initiatives. | 预算倡议的支持 |
[30:21] | Okay, judge. Who was it that appointed you again? | 好吧法官 谁刚跟你对着干来着 |
[30:25] | Now the FBI believe. But why take Cynthia Dern’s word | 我信联调局 但为何对欣西亚·德恩 |
[30:29] | for anything that happened the night of the bombing | 关于爆炸那天的事情深信不疑呢 |
[30:31] | When her own ghostwriter didn’t even trust her? | 甚至她的写手都不信任她 |
[30:34] | You know, the judge is right. | 法官是对的 |
[30:37] | What do we actually know about what happened? | 我们到底知道多少真实情况 |
[30:45] | Not much. | 还真不多 |
[30:46] | According to Lee Wax’s notes, | 根据李·瓦克斯的笔记 |
[30:48] | Captain Pike heard two women arguing | 派克船长在爆炸之前 |
[30:51] | Just before the explosion, | 听到了两个女人争执 |
[30:52] | And Cynthia claims that | 而欣西亚又说 |
[30:53] | she was trying to change Susan’s mind. | 她那时正试图改变苏珊的主意 |
[30:55] | Fold. | 不跟 |
[30:56] | But if we assume Cynthia was lying.. | 但如果我们假设欣西亚在撒谎 |
[30:57] | Then maybe it was Susan that wanted to save Pikeke | 那么就是苏珊想救派克 |
[31:00] | And Cynthia that wanted to run. | 而欣西亚想溜 |
[31:03] | Raise $20. | 加注20美金 |
[31:04] | Right. But the bomb was already set, | 对 但是炸弹已经安置好了 |
[31:06] | So the 3-minute timer is already ticking. | 而三分倒时已开始了 |
[31:08] | The girls argue, wasting precious seconds… | 女孩们争执 浪费宝贵的时间 |
[31:11] | Susan runs towards the ticking bomb | 苏珊朝正倒计时的炸弹跑去 |
[31:13] | To try to shut it down… | 想把它关了 |
[31:14] | While Cynthia runs for cover. | 而欣西亚跑去找掩护保命 |
[31:16] | Right. Susan gets to the bomb, but too late. Boom. | 苏珊向炸弹跑去 但是来不及了 |
[31:20] | Which means | 就是说 |
[31:20] | Susan Mailer didn’t die trying to set the bomb. | 苏珊·梅勒不是因引发爆炸而死 |
[31:22] | She died trying to save an innocent man’s life. | 而是为了救那个无辜的船长而死 |
[31:25] | Fold. | 不跟 |
[31:26] | It still doesn’t explain where the money came from. | 可这仍旧解释不了钱是谁寄的 |
[31:29] | Fold. | 不跟 |
[31:31] | Well, what about it, Castle? You’re good with twists. | 卡塞尔 这是怎么回事 你最擅长诡计 |
[31:33] | Where’d the money come from? | 说说钱从哪儿来的 |
[31:35] | I’m thinking. | 我在想呢 |
[31:36] | Yeah, well, you might want to think up some chips for the pot, | 没错 你大概在想是否继续跟 |
[31:39] | ‘Cause it looks like it’s just you and me. | 好像就剩下你和我啦 |
[31:44] | All right, detective Beckett.. – I’m all in. | 好吧 贝克特探长 我全押 |
[31:48] | Oh, what’s the matter? You afraid of a little action? | 怎么 看到真刀真枪害怕了 |
[31:50] | Oh, do us a favor, detective. Beat his pants off. | 探长 帮帮忙 让他输个精光 |
[31:53] | Yes, please, beat my pants off, if you dare. | 有胆量的话 拜托让我输个精光 |
[31:56] | Beckett, do me proud. | 贝克特 替我争口气 |
[31:58] | To hell with proud, make him cry like a little girl. | 争气啊 让这家伙哭得像个小姑娘 |
[32:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[32:22] | Sorry, fellas, it’s just not my night. | 伙计们 抱歉 我今天手气不好 |
[32:27] | Oh, who’s a good little boy? | 看看谁是乖孩子 |
[32:28] | Who’s a good little boy? | 谁是乖孩子呢 |
[32:30] | You are and you are and you are. | 你 你 还有你都是 |
[32:33] | Don’t you ever get tired of winning, Castle? | 卡塞尔 老赢不烦吗 |
[32:34] | You’d think so, right? But no. | 你觉得赢钱烦吗 反正我不觉得 |
[32:36] | Well, I think that’s it for me. | 好啦 我要撤了 |
[32:39] | Detective, it was a pleasure. | 探长 能和你玩牌很愉快 |
[32:41] | Mr. Mayor. | 我也是 市长先生 |
[32:42] | Sorry we couldn’t solve your case. | 抱歉 没能帮你们把案子破了 |
[32:44] | And I’m sorry I couldn’t make him cry like a little girl.. | 我也很抱歉 没找让他哭得像小姑娘 |
[32:48] | Mm. Well, it’s not your fault, detective. | 探长 这不能怪你 |
[32:49] | No matter how down he gets, he always manages to rise from the dead. | 无论他牌运怎么差 总能设法咸鱼翻身 |
[32:53] | – Oh, now that’d be a twist. – What? | -诡计在这里呢 -什么诡计 |
[32:58] | The money had to come from Cynthia | 伊万斯托还在坐牢 |
[32:59] | Because Swanstrom was in jail | 所以钱只能是欣西亚寄的 |
[33:01] | And Susan Mailer was dead, right? | 而且苏珊·梅勒已经死了 对吗 |
[33:02] | Right. | 没错 |
[33:04] | But what if Susan Mailer didn’t die in that explosion? | 可如果那次爆炸中苏珊·梅勒没被炸死呢 |
[33:08] | What if she’s still alive? | 如果她还尚在人间呢 |
[33:20] | Susan Mailer? Alive? | 苏珊·梅勒还活着 |
[33:22] | Her body was never found. | 她的尸体一直没找到 |
[33:23] | Yeah, because she was vaporized in the explosion. | 因为她在爆炸中人间蒸发了 |
[33:26] | Well, maybe she was thrown clear. | 也许她只是被炸伤了 |
[33:28] | And she would been badly burned and would’ve need care. | 她受到重度烧伤 需要救治 |
[33:30] | And no one matching her description | 可在本地医院里 |
[33:31] | Ever checked into area hospitals. | 并没有与她情况相符的医疗记录 |
[33:33] | Mere details, my good man. | 好兄弟 再挖点细节出来 |
[33:34] | Um, around here we call them “facts.” | 听着 我们这里称其为 事实 |
[33:36] | Well, then let’s go get us some facts. | 好吧 那让我们多找些事实出来 |
[33:41] | Please don’t think less of me. | 请不要因此瞧不起我 |
[33:43] | I did what I had to do to survive. | 我这么做只为了生存 |
[33:48] | These are from all over the place. | 这些钱从不同的地方寄来 |
[33:50] | Uh, not the recent ones | 这些不是最近寄来的 |
[33:51] | The recent ones are all the same. | 最近寄来的都出自同一地址 |
[33:55] | Lititz, Pennsylvania. | 利帝兹 宾西法尼亚州 |
[33:59] | If we’re gonna road-Trip, I’m gonna have to pee first. | 跑长途前 我得上个厕所 |
[34:04] | – I’ve never seen her before. – Are you positive? | -从来没见过这女人 -能肯定吗 |
[34:06] | – Didn’t he sound positive? – Castle. | -他的口气像不肯定吗 -卡塞尔 |
[34:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:10] | How about her? | 这个女人呢 |
[34:13] | – She’d be older now. – How much older? | -她现在应该老了些 -老多少 |
[34:15] | 20 years. | 20岁 |
[34:20] | I don’t think so. | 没见过 |
[34:21] | That’s what I get for listening to a mystery writer. | 听个神秘小说家的话 就这个结果 |
[34:24] | She might have scars or walk with a limp. | -她可能现在有伤疤或跛脚 |
[34:27] | Like she’s been in an accident? | 像出过什么意外吗 |
[34:29] | It could be Mary Wright. | 可能是玛丽·莱特 |
[34:33] | Mary Wright? | 玛丽·莱特 |
[34:34] | She comes in once a month or so. | 她每个月来一次 我想是她 |
[34:36] | Buys a money order to send to her relatives in new york. | 每次来给纽约的亲戚汇款 |
[34:40] | Do you have her address? | 你有她的家庭住址吗 |
[34:45] | It sounds naive now, but, um… | 这么说可能有点天真 但是 |
[34:49] | Everything I did back then I did because | 当年 我那么做是因为 |
[34:52] | I thought it would help. | 我当时认为那是种帮助 |
[34:53] | We’re not here because of the bombing, Susan. | 苏珊我们今天找你来 不是想说爆炸的事 |
[34:55] | We’re here because of what you did to Cynthia Dern. | 我们要听的是 你对欣西亚·德恩做的事 |
[34:59] | Her body was found in a tub of motor oil. | 尸体是在盛满机油的浴缸里 被人发现的 |
[35:01] | But you already know that. | 看来你已经知道了 |
[35:03] | Forensics is going through that room as we speak. | 在我们谈话的同时 法证科也在调查这起案件 |
[35:06] | And believe me, they will find something, | 我敢肯定 他们会找到蛛丝马迹 |
[35:08] | Something that connects you to Cynthia’s death. | 证明你与欣西亚的死有关系 |
[35:11] | She should’ve just left it all alone. | 那种陈年旧事 她本不应该再提起 |
[35:13] | She had a husband and a good life. | 她嫁了人 生活幸福 |
[35:15] | But that wasn’t Cynthia. | 可欣西亚不甘心过那种生活 |
[35:17] | Once she decided on something, | 一旦她决心做什么事 |
[35:18] | Well, you just better not be in her way. | 周围人最好乖乖让开路 |
[35:20] | Like that night on the tanker? | 就像那晚在油轮上是吗 |
[35:22] | I saw the captain go below. | 我看到船长走下来 |
[35:24] | I don’t know how he got back onboard without us seeing. | 可不知怎么他半路折回 我们没发现 |
[35:27] | I- I tried… | 我本想 |
[35:30] | But I was.. I was too late. | 可我 太迟啦 |
[35:32] | When the bomb exploded, I was thrown overboard. | 炸弹爆炸时 我被弹出了甲板 |
[35:37] | I can still feel the heat on my skin… | 我还能感觉到 热浪腐灼着皮肤 |
[35:41] | Even today. | 到今天都忘不了 |
[35:43] | How did you survive without medical attention? | 没去医院 你是怎么活下来的 |
[35:52] | Um, a friend took me in. | 有个朋友收留我 |
[35:53] | A- A med student nursed me back to health. | 有位医学院的学生照顾我 直到我完全康复 |
[35:57] | – I got a new identity. – And Mary Wright was born. | -我弄到个新身份 -变成了玛丽·莱特 |
[36:00] | It’s not hard to live like a ghost | 如果所有人都以为你死了 |
[36:02] | When everyone you love thinks you’re dead.a. | 你就不会过得那么艰难 |
[36:06] | I never contacted anyone from my former life… | 从此断绝了与所有认识人的联系 |
[36:11] | Not even my parents. | 连父母都没联系过 |
[36:13] | But you still sent money to the Pikes. | 可你一直给派克家寄钱 |
[36:16] | They had a son… medical bills. | 他有个儿子 需要医疗费 |
[36:18] | I- I was responsible. | 我有责任这么做 |
[36:22] | Everything could’ve stayed just the way it was except… | 本来一切可以相安无事 可是 |
[36:26] | Except Cynthia decided to write a book.. | 可是 欣西亚要出书 |
[36:28] | That reporter put a post on an environmental board | 那个记者在环境版上发了个帖子 |
[36:31] | Asking for info on Cynthia. | 询问欣西亚的情况 |
[36:33] | I e-mailed, pretending to be an old friend of the group. | 我以组织老成员的身份 写了封电子邮件 |
[36:35] | It didn’t take long for me to figure out | 时日不多 我就发现 |
[36:37] | That she had found Cynthia and | 那记者已经找到欣西亚 |
[36:38] | Cynthia was lying about what happened on the ship. | 而欣西亚就船上发生的事说了谎 |
[36:41] | You tracked her down. You confronted her. | 你找到她 和她对质 |
[36:44] | I threatened to turn myself in | 我威胁她 如果写本书 |
[36:45] | If she went through with the book.. | 我就去自首 |
[36:47] | Give myself up, tell the authorities everything. | 把所有的事情全抖出来 |
[36:51] | She begged to meet with me first.. | 她恳求要先见见我 |
[36:54] | Somewhere we could talk. | 找个地方谈谈 |
[36:56] | That’s when you rented the room? | 所以你租下那个房间 |
[36:57] | Oh, no, Cynthia rented the room, not me. | 不是我 欣西亚租的房间 |
[37:00] | – It was all part of her plan. – Her plan? | -那是她计划里的一部分 -她的计划 |
[37:02] | Her plan to murder me. | 她计划要杀我 |
[37:05] | W- When I got there, she poured me a drink. | 等我到那里 她递来一杯酒 |
[37:09] | “Let’s toast to old friends,” she said. | 嘴里说 为老友干杯 |
[37:12] | Only, you see, I don’t drink. | 只不过 我不喝酒 |
[37:16] | I tried to leave. She wouldn’t let me. | 我想走 可她不让 |
[37:19] | I- I hid in the bathroom. | 我就躲进了盥洗室 |
[37:23] | That’s when I saw it… | 知道我看见什么了 |
[37:24] | The tub, full of oil. | 满满一浴缸的油 |
[37:28] | Then I understood. | 我一下子明白过来 |
[37:32] | She didn’t plan to talk to you. | 她就没想找你谈 |
[37:33] | She planned to kill you | 只想把你解决掉 |
[37:34] | and make it look like suicide. | 再把现场布置成自杀的样子 |
[37:36] | That wine was laced with a sleeping pill. | 那杯酒里下了安眠药 |
[37:39] | You were supposed to drink it and then drown in the oil. | 你本应喝下酒 再淹死在润滑油里 |
[37:42] | And then the world would think that you were | 之后 全世界都会认为 |
[37:43] | Racked with guilt over the Pikes all these years | 多年来 你因为派克一家的遭遇倍受煎熬 |
[37:46] | And that you finally decided to commit suicide | 最后决定自杀 |
[37:48] | Once your body was discovered, | 一旦有人发现你的尸体 |
[37:50] | the public would clamor for the true story.. | 大众就会对事情的真相趋之若骛 |
[37:52] | Cynthia’s true story.. | 当然是欣西亚嘴里的真相 |
[37:54] | With you now cast as the villain. | 而你则被塑造成一个恶棍 |
[38:04] | We struggled. | 我们扭打起来 |
[38:06] | She lost her balance and fell against the sink and… | 她失去了平衡 撞到洗脸盆上 |
[38:09] | Hit her head. | 她撞到了头 |
[38:16] | I should’ve called for help, | 我本该找人来救她 |
[38:18] | But I just wanted it to be over. | 可我想就此做个了断 |
[38:22] | So I… | 所以 我 |
[38:25] | I dragged her to the tub and… | 把她拖向浴缸 |
[38:31] | I… | 我 |
[38:33] | I pushed her in. | 把她推倒 |
[38:37] | You see, I was already dead. | 其实 我已经是死人了 |
[38:39] | I just wanted to keep it that way. | 就想继续当死人 |
[39:01] | I heard you made an arrest. | 听说 你们已经抓到人了 |
[39:03] | You can hear all about it in the morning news. | 具体情况可以看早间新闻 |
[39:06] | Oh, come on, after all the help I gave you on this case, | 得了 我在这件案子上全力帮助你们 |
[39:09] | You can’t give me any more information than that? | 难道你就不能多透露点消息吗 |
[39:11] | Well, I could, but I just keep thinking | 倒不是不能 不过我在想 |
[39:14] | That if it wasn’t for you, there wouldn’t be a case in the first place. | 如果不是你 案子也许就不会发生 |
[39:18] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[39:19] | Tutte le persone del passato di Cynthia that you interviewed.. | 你采访过的每个与欣西亚过去有关联的人 |
[39:22] | How did you manage to let every one of them know | 你用什么方法让他们知道 |
[39:25] | That you were in contact with her? | 你和欣西亚在联系呢 |
[39:28] | What are you implying? | 你在暗示什么 |
[39:29] | You wanted someone to put two and two together and call the cops. | 你想让人发现其中的端倪 然后去报警 |
[39:32] | You wanted Cynthia in prison. | 把欣西亚扔进监狱 |
[39:34] | That way, you could tear up the contract you had with her | 这样一来 你和欣西亚之间的合约就会无效 |
[39:37] | And write the story you wanted to write | 接着 按照自己的想法写书 |
[39:39] | With an ending that would sell more books. | 编个能增加销量的结局 |
[39:42] | I mean, you couldn’t call the authorities yourself. | 可你自己不能向当局告发欣西亚 |
[39:44] | What kind of story would that be? | 那样的话 故事的命运要如何呢 |
[39:46] | That’s a lovely theory, | 理论还算可听 |
[39:50] | But even if it’s true, I didn’t kill Cynthia Dern. | 即便如此 欣西亚·德恩也不是我杀的 |
[39:53] | I didn’t even do anything illegal. | 没干过任何违法的事情 |
[39:56] | Oh, no, no, no, it’s not illegal. | 这不关违法的事 |
[40:00] | It’s just slimy. | 只是很恶心 |
[40:02] | So your, uh, all-access pass has been revoked. | 所以你这张特别通行证作废了 |
[40:13] | Oh, and one more thing.. | 还有件事 |
[40:15] | One day, and one day not far from now, | 有一天 就在不久的将来 |
[40:18] | I’m gonna use this in a book. | 我会把这个故事写进自己的小说 |
[40:34] | Susan Mailer’s in booking. | 苏珊·梅勒已收监 |
[40:37] | Mm. All these years, | 这么多年来 |
[40:41] | Trying to do the right thing, trying to make amends… | 她都在纠正以前犯下的过错 一直在做弥补 |
[40:43] | Because of Cynthia’s greed, she’s gonna end up in jail. | 可因为欣西亚的贪婪 到头来还是要坐牢 |
[40:47] | If you’re looking for a happy ending, | 想看大团圆结局 |
[40:48] | You’ve come to the wrong place. | 你恐怕走错地方了 |
[40:50] | Next time, I guess I’ll just try that massage parlor on 2nd avenue. | 下次我想去 第二大道的按摩院试试 |
[40:53] | Just kidding. | 说说而已 |
[40:54] | Actually, who needs a happy ending when you have a story with | 实际上 这种故事哪里会有大团圆结局 |
[40:57] | people pretending to be dead, | 故事的人物制造已死的假象 |
[40:59] | Living under assumed names, | 隐姓埋名 |
[41:00] | Plotting fake suicides and murder for revenge? | 布下自杀假象 为了报复而杀人 |
[41:04] | You know, I’m glad to see that you’re entertained | 我很高兴看着你这样自娱自乐 |
[41:06] | I, however, have to call michael Goldman | 可我还得给迈克尔·高德曼打电话 |
[41:07] | And let him know that his wife was a sociopath. | 告诉他 自己的妻子是个反社会份子 |
[41:10] | But you also get to call Jared Swanstrom and tell him | 你也要通知贾内德·斯万斯托 |
[41:12] | That he’s no longer responsible for Susan Mailer’s death. | 告诉他 不必对苏珊·梅勒的死负责 |
[41:15] | As a matter of fact, Susan Mailer’s still alive. | 事实上苏珊·梅勒还活着 |
[41:17] | Which is why Cynthia is now dead. | 却导致了欣西亚的死 |
[41:19] | Wow, you are all about the cloud, aren’t you? | 你总是这么破坏气氛吗 |
[41:21] | Never the silver ling. | 从不懂得 拨云见日 |
[41:23] | Okay. Maybe this might cheer you up a little bit. | 好吧 也许这个会让你开心点 |
[41:28] | Your winnings. | 你赢的 |
[41:29] | My winnings? | 我赢的吗 |
[41:30] | Oh, don’t play coy with me. You threw your hand. | 别故作扭捏 那把牌是你让我的 |
[41:34] | All right, I was trying to be nice. | 好吧 我只是做个好人 |
[41:35] | I didn’t want to embarrass you in front of your friends. | 不想让你在朋友面前下不来台 |
[41:38] | Now we’re even, | 现在我们两清了 |
[41:39] | So what do you say to a little showdown? | 再决雌雄怎么样 |
[41:44] | Head-To-Head. Toe-To-Toe. | 面对面 单打独斗 |
[41:47] | Winner take all. | 赢家通吃 |
[41:48] | Mano a mujer. | 搞定女人[西班牙语] |
[41:51] | “Hand to woman”? | 搞定女人 |
[41:53] | Whatever it takes. | 无论付出什么 |
[41:57] | – You’re on. – No mercy. | -就这么办 -别手软 |
[41:59] | – I’m gonna make you hurt. – Oh, you’re gonna get hurt. | -我会害你伤心的 -受伤的那个是你吧 |
[42:01] | – What are we playing for? – Pride. Or clothing. | -赌什么 -自尊心或衣服 |
[42:05] | I think I got a bag of gummy bears. | 我带了一袋小熊橡皮糖 |
[42:07] | Shuffle. | 洗牌 |
[42:09] | Deal. | 成交 |
[42:14] | Comfy with texas hold’em? | 会打德州扑克吗 |
[42:15] | I’m comfy so long as my cards come from the top of the deck. | 是扑克都会打 |
[42:17] | Huh. What you got up your sleeves? | 看看你还有什么本事 |
[42:20] | Aside from my muscular arms? | 要见识一下 结实的臂膀之外的本领吗 |