Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

Cassandra’s Dream(卡珊德拉之梦)[2007]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on June 16, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on Cassandra’s Dream(卡珊德拉之梦)[2007]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
电影名称:卡珊德拉之梦
英文名称:Cassandra's Dream
年代:2007

推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 英文 中文
[01:17] Oh, she’s a beauty. 哦,它太漂亮了
[01:19] I mean, look at her. She’s not new, but she looks new. 看看,它看起来像全新的一样
[01:24] – He said the engine needed work. – I could do the engine. – 他说引擎要修一下 – 引擎我能修好
[01:27] I can’t believe he’s asking so little. It’s practically a steal. 真不敢相信他开价那么低 这简直和偷来的一样
[01:30] John Anderson said we could keep it at his marina free of charge… 约翰 安德森说在他儿子回来前
[01:32] at least for a year till his son comes back. 我们可以免费把它停在码头 至少一年
[01:34] Oh, here he comes. Don’t show you’re too eager or he won’t budge on the price. 哦,他来了,别表现的太心急 不然就砍不下价来了
[01:38] – All right? – Right. – 好么? – 好的
[01:39] Ain’t she a beauty? A little work and she’ll be in perfect condition. 它美极了,不是么? 稍加修整,就能出航了
[01:42] Yeah, well, let’s face it. It’s more than a little work she needs, isn’t it? 呃,说实话吧 它可不是稍加修整就能搞定的,不是么?
[01:46] What’s the best price you can do us? 你最低开价是多少?
[01:48] – A boat like this is worth every bit of 6,000. – Six grand? Are you joking? – 这样一艘船,要6000块一点都不过分 – 六千?你开什么玩笑?
[01:51] Six is a bargain. The owner died and his mum’s got to get rid of it fast. 六千已经超便宜了 船主死了,他母亲想尽快卖掉它
[01:56] All right, but the engine’s done and the hull needs work as well. 但是引擎完蛋了,船身也要修
[01:59] She could be made seaworthy in no time. 那些小毛病,一会儿就能修好的
[02:01] Take a look at the condition she’s in. Practically mint. 看看它,几乎是崭新的
[02:04] Look, we’re just working lads. We don’t have this kind of money. 听着,我们只是工薪阶层 我们没那么多钱
[02:07] To get a SCOD like this for six is a once-in-a-lifetime. 六千块买这样一艘船 可是千载难逢的机会啊
[02:10] – Look, can you give us a minute? Just give us a minute. Terry. – 呃,能让我们商量一下么?几分钟就行,特瑞 – 怎么?
[02:15] – What? 你们不要的话 还有一大帮人等着要呢
[02:15] There’s plenty of others interested in her if you’re not.
[02:23] I could put in 800. Christ, you break your back and it’s hard to save a penny. 我能拿出800,现在存钱太不容易了
[02:27] – Where you’d get 800 quid from? – I won 400 at cards. – 你从哪儿弄的800镑? – 我玩扑克赢了400
[02:30] – Did you? – Yeah. – 是么? – 是的
[02:32] Come on, you got some savings, Ian. 你也有些存款的吧,伊恩
[02:34] But I’m trying to get my end of a business deal up. 嗯,我这边做生意还要用到些钱
[02:36] I could match your 800, but I promised Dad I’d take a pay cut ’cause business is so bad. 我也能出800,不过我答应老爸 同意减薪水,因为生意不大好
[02:41] Bet if Uncle Howard was here he’d loan it to us. 要是霍华德舅舅在的话 他一定会借给我们的
[02:43] – Yeah, I thought of that. But he’s away. – They must have phones in China. – 是啊,我也想过,不过他不在这儿啊 – 中国也应该有电话的啊
[02:47] – It’s like Howard’s boat, isn’t it? – Yeah. – 这简直和霍华德的船一样,不是么? – 是啊
[02:49] I mean, it’s smaller, but it’s so much better a nick than I thought we could afford. 它小一点,不过好很多啊 可惜实在是太贵了,我们买不起
[02:54] Remember when we were kids? 还记得我们小时候么?
[02:57] – Uncle Howard bought us that boat in Ireland? – Oh, yeah. – 霍华德舅舅在爱尔兰给我们买的那艘船? – 哦,是啊
[03:00] – What a summer. – Yeah. – 那个夏天玩的真开心啊 – 是啊
[03:04] I’ve got to have this boat. We could pay it off in installments. 我一定要这艘船 我们可以分期付款
[03:08] I got four numbers in the lottery last week. Can you believe four? 我上星期买彩票中了四个号码 你相信么?四个
[03:10] – Should we do it? Right. – Yeah, let’s do it. – 我们买吧? – 好,买吧
[03:14] What the hell do you need a boat for? And how are you gonna pay for it? 你们要船干什么? 你们打算怎么付钱?
[03:17] – It’s secondhand. – So you’re buying someone else’s headaches. – 是艘二手船 – 那你就是在买别人的麻烦
[03:20] No, we’re doing an incredible job fixing it up. You ought to see it. 不,不,我们把它修得可漂亮了 你应该来看看
[03:23] It’s cleaning up like new. 它被我们整理的焕然一新
[03:25] Pay more attention to the restaurant and less to dreams of the open sea. 多花点精力在餐馆上 少做点航海的白日梦吧
[03:28] You’re a bright boy if your head wasn’t always in the clouds. 你要不是总爱胡思乱想的话 本来是个挺聪明的孩子
[03:31] I wasn’t put on this earth to run a restaurant. 我来到这个世上不是来开餐馆的
[03:33] Remember when Uncle Howard bought me and Ian that boat when we were kids? 记得我们小的时候 霍华德舅舅买给我和伊恩的那艘船么?
[03:36] What a summer. 那个夏天玩的多开心啊
[03:37] Your Uncle Howard’s opening a clinic in China. 你们的霍华德舅舅要在中国开诊所了
[03:40] He’s studying the Chinese language. 他在学中文呢
[03:42] Can you imagine at his age learning a hard language like that? 你能想象他那么大年纪 还在学那么难的语言么?
[03:45] – He’s brilliant. – I’m unimpressed. – 他很厉害 – 我觉得没什么
[03:48] You can’t afford to be unimpressed… 你当然会觉得没什么了
[03:50] because the man makes more money in a week than you earn in a year. 因为他一周赚得钱比你一年挣的都多 (暗指他在嫉妒)
[03:54] He’s got clinics in Switzerland and Hollywood, and now China. 他在瑞士和好莱坞都有诊所 现在要在中国开
[03:59] Hollywood’s where he belongs. All those phonies lining up like sheep for his plastic surgery. 好莱坞正适合他 那些伪君子像羊一样的排着队让他做整形手术
[04:03] Mom, can we have one Sunday lunch where we don’t have this conversation? 妈,不要每次到周日的午餐 就提起这事好不好?
[04:07] Well, puts on airs, takes himself so seriously. 哼,装腔作势,自以为是
[04:10] Could we have afforded this house without my brother’s generosity? 要是没有我哥的慷慨 我们能供的起这套房子么?
[04:14] Could we have got by over the years on his paltry earnings? 就靠他挣得那点钱 我们这几年能撑得过去?
[04:17] I mean, who paid for the holidays? 谁为我们的假期付的钱?
[04:20] Who lent us the money when we needed it, when he wanted to start his restaurant? 在我们需要钱的时候,谁借给我们的? 他想要开餐馆的时候,谁借给我们的?
[04:24] If my bloody partner didn’t steal from me- That’s what gave me the heart attack. 要不是我那个该死的合伙人偷了我的钱的话… 还害的我心脏病发作
[04:28] Howard started with nothing and he paid his own way through his medical studies. 霍华德白手起家 半工半读的念完了医学院
[04:32] And now he’s a millionaire with top-class clients… 现在他是个百万富翁 招待的客户都是上流阶层的…
[04:35] and yet he never forgot his family. 可是,他从没忘记他的家人
[04:37] Let that be a lesson to you. 你们记住了
[04:39] In the end, all you have in this life that you can count on is family. 归根结底,你的一生里唯一能够依赖的 就只有你的家人
[04:43] And don’t you forget it. 不要忘记这一点
[04:51] – I got us the rest of the money. – What? – 我弄到剩余的钱了 – 什么?
[04:53] We can pay off the boat. Plus, some left over for the barometer you wanted to buy for the cabin. 我们可以付清了船款了 另外还有剩余可以买你想要的船舱气压计
[04:57] – How? – Two of my little doggies came in. – 你怎么弄到的? – 我有两只狗赛赢了
[04:59] – No. – Yep. First and fifth race, I won both. – 不是吧 – 是的,第一场和第五场,我都赢了
[05:02] We can finish by the weekend. We can take her out for a maiden voyage Saturday. 我们周末就可以完工 周六就可以开始它的处女航了
[05:05] What are we going to call her? We have to call her something if we’re taking her out. 我们要叫它什么呢?我们得起个名字啊
[05:09] – Cassandra’s Dream. That was the 60-to-1 shot I hit. 卡珊德拉之梦 那是我中的60:1的大奖
[05:12] – 60-to-1? Terry. 60:1?特瑞
[05:14] Yeah. It’s a lucky name. 呵呵,这是个幸运的名字
[05:20] Have a good weekend. 周末愉快
[05:21] Do you want to come out for a ride on Cassandra’s Dream? 你想来乘卡珊德拉之梦兜兜风么?
[05:24] What’s Cassandra’s Dream? 卡珊德拉之梦?什么东西?
[05:25] My brother and I bought this beat-up boat and fixed it up. 我和我兄弟买了艘破船 然后把它修好了
[05:28] We’re going out on it tomorrow. And he’s taking his girl and I wondered if you’d like to come? 我们明天要开它出去,他会带他女朋友来 你想不想来?
[05:33] – Yeah, I’d love to. Sounds good. – The weather’s meant to be great. – 好啊 – 天气应该会不错的
[06:05] #Wherever I may roam # # 不论我漂流到哪里 #
[06:08] – #Through land or sea or foam # – Oh, nice harmony. – # 穿越陆地和海洋 # – 哦,和声不错么
[06:12] – #You will always hear me singing this song # – # Ba da boo # # 你会永远听见我唱这首歌 #
[06:16] – # Show me the way to go home # – # Ba ba ba # # 带我回家 #
[06:18] # Show me the way to go home # # 带我回家 #
[06:21] # I’m tired and I want to go to bed # # 我累了想要入睡 #
[06:23] # I had a little drink about an hour ago and it’s gone right to my head # # 我一小时前喝了几杯,它已让我发醉 #
[06:26] – Ohh! – #Wherever I may roam # # 不论我漂流到哪里 #
[06:28] #Through land or sea or foam # # 穿越陆地和海洋 #
[06:30] #You will always hear me singing this song # #你会永远听见我唱这首歌 #
[06:33] # Show me the way to go home ## # 带我回家 #
[06:37] Nice one. I’ll drink to that. 唱的好,我要为它干杯
[06:42] Gee, ain’t life grand? You know where that’s from? What movie? 天啊,生活多么美好 你知道这句话出自哪里么?哪部电影?
[06:46] – Ain’t Life Grand, no? – Bonnie and Clyde. – 生活多么美好?不知道 – 《邦妮和克莱德》
[06:48] Two Barrow brothers having a fine time and Clyde says, “Ain’t life grand?” 巴罗兄弟正玩的开心的时候 克莱德说:“生活多么美好啊”
[06:54] You know what happened to them? 你知道他们两兄弟下场的
[06:57] Do you think life is grand, Kate? 你觉得生活美好么,凯特?
[06:59] – I think it’s grand when I’m around you, yeah. – Ahh. What an answer. – 是的,我觉得我在你身边的时候,生活就会美好 – 啊,答的真好
[07:02] What an answer! What can I say? The woman loves me. 答的好!我还能说什么? 这女人爱我
[07:06] Love you too, babes. 我也爱你,亲爱的
[07:08] I’ll tell you something. I never want to go back to that stupid restaurant. 告诉你 我再也不想回到那个可恶的餐馆了
[07:11] Oh, what do you want, Ian? 那你想干什么,伊恩?
[07:14] Do you remember when Mum took us to visit Uncle Howard in California? 你还记得老妈带我们 去加里福尼亚看望霍华德舅舅么?
[07:17] – How he lived his life? – Oh, yeah. – 看看他是怎么生活的 – 是啊
[07:20] I never let myself have dreams like that. I mean, what’s the point? 我从来不让自己做那样的梦 有什么意义呢?
[07:22] Well, I mean, it breaks my heart to see Dad the way he is… 嗯,看到老爸生病 我心都碎了
[07:25] but as soon as he’s back on his feet, I’ve got to get out. 可是,只要等到他一恢复 我就要离开
[07:28] – I’ve got to make a life of my own. – Out where? – 我要去创造我自己的生活 – 去哪儿?
[07:31] Well, some friends of mine invested in some hotels in California. 嗯,我的几个朋友 在加里福尼亚投资一些旅馆
[07:35] – California? – So I might join them. – 加里福尼亚? – 我可能会加入他们
[07:37] – It’s a nice day as well. – It’s a long way from England, darling. – 今天天气真好啊 – 那边离英国好远啊,亲爱的
[07:40] – Not too many clouds. Just right. – Isn’t it? – 没有很多云,正好 – 是啊
[07:43] See, there’s a pool with the cabanas here, and there’s a nine-hole golf course. 你看,这儿是个泳池 这儿是个九洞的高尔夫球场
[07:46] This is a great-looking property. 这块地方很不错啊
[07:48] Nothing’s going to happen until the end of the year, but I’m telling you, mate… 年底之前不会有什么反应 但我告诉你,兄弟
[07:51] – whoever invests in this is gonna make a fortune. – Now I can see the potential. – 不管是谁投资进来,都会发大财的 – 嗯,我看到它的潜力了
[07:55] There’s one in the Caribbean, the one in California has got a spa. 有一个在加勒比海 加里福尼亚的那个还有温泉
[07:59] – So I’ll keep you up to speed, yeah? – Yeah. – 那有什么消息我再告诉你,好么? – 好的
[08:02] Hey, where were you when we were doing it? 嘿,刚刚我们做爱的时候,你在想些什么?
[08:05] – Why? – Your mind was somewhere else. – 怎么了? – 你在想别的事情
[08:09] It’s this property development thing, and it’s gonna upset my dad. 是那个房地产投资的事情 老爸知道的话会很生气的
[08:12] But the years are passing. 但是时间不等人啊
[08:14] You are so full of stress all the time, even in bed. 你总是那么大的压力 连在床上也是
[08:19] The only time I’ve seen you relax is on your boat. 只有在船上的时候 你才会放松
[08:21] Mmm. Terry’s taking the boat out tomorrow. 嗯,特瑞明天要把船开出去
[08:23] He’s taking Kate’s sister and brother out for a sail. Wouldn’t have much fun with them. 他要带凯特的兄弟姐妹们出去玩 和他们在一起可不是很好玩
[08:29] But I was wondering whether you’d maybe like to come out to the country for the day with me. 我在想,你愿不愿意抽一天和我到郊外去玩
[08:34] – Yeah, I would. I know a really nice lake. – Yeah? – 好啊,我知道个地方有个很漂亮的湖 – 是么?
[08:37] We could maybe borrow a car from Terry’s garage. 也许我们可以从特瑞那儿借辆车
[08:39] The guy there sometimes lends him the classic cars. 他那边有时候能借到古董车
[08:42] – Have you ever made love outside? – Well, there’s a first time for everything. – 你在野外做过爱么? – 嗯,凡事都要有第一次么
[09:51] I think I should go back and help. 我想我们应该倒回去帮下忙
[10:16] I’ll just be back in a minute. 我很快就回来
[10:21] Oh, I can’t drink this much red wine in the daytime. It goes to my head. 哦,我白天不应该喝这么多红酒,会上头的
[10:29] – Can I help? – Thank you. I don’t know what the hell I’m doing. – 需要帮忙么? – 谢谢,我一点都不知道该怎么办
[10:31] I know a little bit about cars. My brother fixes them. 我懂一点,我弟弟是修车的
[10:34] Well, it was running smoothly and then there was just this big bang and it sort of petered out. 本来我在路上开着好好的 突然间“砰”的一声,然后就熄火了
[10:39] Let me have a look. 让我看看
[10:44] All right. 好的…
[10:46] Yeah.
[10:57] There you are. They can be a bit temperamental. 好了,车子有时候会闹点小情绪的
[11:00] Yeah, I love yours. 是啊,我喜欢你的车
[11:03] Ah, yeah, it’s very pretty, isn’t it? I haven’t had it long. 啊,呵呵,漂亮吧? 我刚买没多久
[11:06] Old Jags are so sexy. 旧款的捷豹真性感
[11:10] – Well, thank you for stopping. – Oh, it’s my pleasure. – 谢谢你停下来帮我 – 哦,不用谢
[11:12] – I’m Angela Stark. – Ian Blaine. – 安吉拉 斯塔克 – 伊恩 布莱恩
[11:15] – Do you live around here? – No. I live in London. – 你住在这附近? – 不,我住在伦敦
[11:17] Yeah, me too. What do you do? 啊,我也是,你是做什么的?
[11:19] At the moment, I’m in the restaurant business, but basically, uh, investments. 目前我在做餐馆生意 不过基本上么,嗯,做投资的
[11:22] I owe you one. I’m leaving you a couple of tickets to my show. 我欠你个人情 送你两张我的演出的票吧
[11:26] Oh, you’re an actress? 哦,你是个演员?
[11:27] – Yeah. What’s your name? – Ian Blaine. – 是的,你叫什么? – 伊恩 布莱恩
[11:30] Okay, I’ll leave you two tickets at the Wilton. When do you want to come? 好的,我会在威尔顿给你留两张票 你什么时候会来?
[11:33] – Uh, Tuesday? – Fine. – 嗯,周二? – 好的
[11:36] Yeah. 好
[11:36] Don’t forget to come backstage and tell me how great I am. 别忘了到后台来告诉我演的有多好
[11:38] All right. 好的
[11:40] Oh, look, this is Terry and Ian and my brother Howard. 哦,看,这是特瑞 伊恩和我哥哥霍华德
[11:45] – Oh, let’s see. – Oh, Howard looks so handsome. – 哦,让我看看 – 哦,霍华德看起来多帅啊
[11:48] Uh, that was the year Howard took the boys to see the World Cup match. 那年霍华德带着他们去看世界杯比赛
[11:52] I used to be a very good football player. 我以前足球踢得不错
[11:54] He was till he broke his leg. 嗯,他腿断之前,是的
[11:56] I always hoped Terry would take to it. You were very good. 我一直希望特瑞能继承下去 你踢得也很不错的
[11:59] He excelled at sports. I always said you should open a sports shop. 他各种运动都很擅长 你应该开个运动用品店
[12:03] Yeah, but I need financial backing. Costs a lot to own a shop. 是啊,不过我需要经济上的支援啊 开店需要花很多钱的
[12:06] Then you’d be your own boss, wouldn’t you? 然后你就能自己当老板了,不是么?
[12:08] Yeah, Terry was athletic and Ian was- 嗯,特瑞是运动型的,伊恩是…
[12:11] – The brains, she wants to say. Yeah. – No. – 她想说“头脑型的” – 不是吧
[12:13] She thinks I’ll be offended by it. Great. 她以为我会因此而发火呢,呵呵
[12:15] Everybody predicted great things for Ian. 每个人都说伊恩会有出息
[12:17] – He’s so nice-looking and personable. – Yeah. – 他英俊潇洒,风度翩翩 – 是啊
[12:19] Now it’s a mystery to me why he’s not more successful. 真是不清楚他为什么一直没能成功
[12:23] Because he’s not content with what he has. 因为他总是对现状不满
[12:25] He sees himself like Howard, with a fancy life. 他总梦想自己能成为霍华德 过着奢华的生活
[12:27] Always got some scheme. Always waiting for his ship to come in. 总是在计划着什么 总是在等待他的机会来临
[12:31] Well, his ship won’t come in at the restaurant. He does that out of a son’s love for his father. 他的机会才不会在餐馆出现 他这么做是因为他爱他的父亲
[12:35] Like the poet said: ” The only ship certain to come in has black sails.” 就像诗里说的 “唯一肯定会来的船,一定挂着黑帆”
[12:45] Go on! 快啊!
[12:48] Go on! 加油!
[12:50] Come on! Ahh! 加油!!啊……
[12:53] Go on- Ohh! Shit! 快跑啊!啊!!妈的!
[12:58] Oh, lend us another couple of hundred. 再借我两百吧
[13:01] – That’s eight. – I know. I can count. – 那就是八百了 – 我知道,我会数数
[13:09] – Hello. – Hello, babe. – 嘿 – 你好啊,亲爱的
[13:11] – You met me from work. – Yeah. – 你来接我下班? – 是啊
[13:14] – You’re too gorgeous. – I got you something. – 你太棒了 – 我有好东西要送给你
[13:18] – No. – Go on. – 不会吧 – 打开看看
[13:20] You didn’t. Oh, my God! 你不会吧!哦,天啊!
[13:24] – Oh, wow. You’re too naughty. – Do you like it? – 哦… 天啊… – 喜欢么?
[13:27] – Do I like it? That is beautiful. – I wanted you to have it. – 喜欢!太漂亮了… – 收下它吧
[13:31] God. How much is that- I’m not gonna even ask about the money… 天啊,这个得要多少钱… 我都不想问价钱了
[13:35] – ’cause I’m sure I know where you got it. – You wouldn’t believe. – 因为我肯定知道你是从哪儿搞来的钱 – 你不会相信的
[13:38] – What? – I was losing at first, and my luck changed. – 什么? – 我开始一直在输,然后突然我的运气就变好了
[13:41] Oh, yeah? 哦,是么?
[13:42] And I was in over me head, but sometimes you get the feeling. 当时我输的很惨,但是有的时候 你有一种感觉
[13:45] I can’t even explain it. I know it’s not your birthday, but I thought you’d like it. 我不知道怎么去解释它 我知道今天不是你的生日,不过我还是要送给你
[13:49] Oh, and I’m glad you did. Oh, it’s gorgeous. Thank you. 哦,这个包真漂亮,谢谢
[13:52] – You’re welcome. How was work? – Boring. Boring. But look at my bag. – 不客气,工作如何? – 无聊,很无聊,不过看看我的包
[13:57] My boyfriend doesn’t have to know. 我男朋友不需要知道
[14:00] – Know what? – What we’re going to do. – 知道什么? – 我们要做的事
[14:02] – What are we going to do? – What do you want to do? – 我们要做什么? – 你想要做什么?
[14:06] It’s a very wicked way to cheat Alan. 这样骗艾伦很不道德
[14:10] To deceive him so blatantly. 如此公然的欺骗他
[14:13] I never said I was nice. In fact, I think that’s why you’re so turned on by me. 我从来没说过我是好人 实际上,正因为如此你才对我这么着迷
[14:18] It’s one of those nights, you know… 你知道,这只是个普通的夜晚
[14:21] when those elements just blend to perfection. 所有的元素都完美的融合在一起
[14:25] – Angela. Uh, you were terrific. – Oh, hi. Um, Ian. – 安吉拉,哦,你太棒了 – 哦,嗨…嗯…伊恩
[14:28] – Fantastic. You were brilliant. – Oh, thank you. Oh, well… – 太棒了,你真是太棒了 – 哦,谢谢,嗯…
[14:31] the director put in a scene at the last minute and we were completely thrown off. 导演在最后一分钟的时候突然决定要加场戏 我们都要疯掉了
[14:34] – It didn’t show. I thought it was great. – That’s very sweet of you. – 没看出来啊,我觉得很棒啊 – 谢谢
[14:37] – All of you, great. Thanks for the tickets. – Thank you for rescuing me. – 你们都很棒啊,谢谢你的票 – 谢谢你上次帮我
[14:42] I thought the play was brilliant. You-You were very special in it. 我觉得这场戏真的很精彩 你… 你在里面很特别
[14:44] – Special? – Yeah, special. – 特别? – 对,特别
[14:46] Well, you know, can I take you for a drink? 呃,我能请你喝一杯么?
[14:50] – On the way. Good. – See you. – 我先走了 – 再见
[14:53] – Still on for Sunday night? – Yeah, definitely. – 没忘记周日晚上吧? – 嗯,不会忘的
[14:55] – Good. Can’t wait. – Um, sorry. What were you saying? – 好的,我都等不及了 – 对不起,你刚刚说什么?
[14:57] Uh, just wondered if you wanted to come for a drink. 哦,只是问你要不要一起去喝一杯
[15:00] Uh, yeah. Sure. I can only stay for one though. I’ve got to be up early tomorrow. 好啊,当然可以,不过我只能喝一杯 我明天要早起
[15:04] I’m doing a film for the BBC. 我在为BBC拍片子
[15:06] Does it bother you coming out nude onstage every night… 每天晚上都要在舞台上脱光衣服 你不觉得困扰么
[15:09] – and doing all the kinky sex scenes? – That’s only acting. – 然后还要演那些古怪的性爱场面? – 那只是演戏而已
[15:12] I’m not self-conscious about that sort of thing. 我不会为那种事情觉得困扰的
[15:15] I mean, the whole point of my character is to create an erotic tension. 我是说,我所演的角色 就是为了要塑造一种情色的氛围
[15:19] You’re very convincing. The audience gets very quiet. 你演的很令人信服 观众们都变得很安静
[15:23] I think it’s a very moral play, don’t you think? 我觉得这部戏很有道德意义的 你不觉得么?
[15:26] – Moral? In what way? – Well, about evil, about fate. – 道德?哪方面的? – 嗯,关于邪恶,命运
[15:31] I’m not an experienced playgoer. 我不是很经常看戏的
[15:34] I do think that the writing is very pessimistic. 但我觉得剧本有点悲观
[15:37] And all that stuff about life being a tragic experience. 说生活中所有的一切都是悲剧
[15:41] I think we make our own fate. I believe that. 我认为我们可以自己创造命运 我相信这一点
[15:43] Yeah, I think we make our fate too. 嗯,我也相信 我们能创造我们自己的命运
[15:45] – Helen, this is Ian. – Hello. – 海伦,这位是伊恩 – 你好
[15:47] Hi. Ellis Pell asked me for your phone number. 你好,埃利斯 佩尔 问我要了你的电话
[15:50] – And I didn’t think you’d mind. – Mind? Did he say when he might call? – 你不会介意我把你的号码给他了吧? – 介意?他有没有说什么时候会打来?
[15:54] If anything happens, I want the details. 如果发生了什么事的话,我要知道详情
[15:57] Well, I should go. Thank you again for coming to my aid on the road. 啊,我该走了 再次感谢你在路上帮了我
[16:02] I dreamt about you the next two nights. 后来的两个晚上我都梦到了你
[16:05] Being rescued is one of my wicked dreams. 被人援救是我邪恶的梦
[16:08] It’s not very wicked being rescued. 被人援救又没什么邪恶的
[16:11] It’s what you did to me after. 但接下来的事情就是了
[16:15] Will I see you again? 我能再见你么?
[16:17] Well, you can try now you know where to find me. 嗯,你可以试试看啊 你已经知道在哪儿能找到我了
[16:22] – Oi, Ter. – Oi, Mike. – 特瑞 – 迈克
[16:25] You all right? You got my dough? 你还好吧?有钱还给我了么?
[16:28] Yeah. Hang on a minute. 有的,等一下啊
[16:30] So I hear you’ve been a bit lucky at cards lately. 听说你最近打牌手气不错啊
[16:32] It’s not just cards. Backed a lot of winners at the dogs. 不光光是玩牌,我赛狗也赢了不少
[16:35] Oh, yeah? 哦,是么?
[16:36] – You know what my theory is? – No. Go on. – 你知道我的理论是什么? – 不知道,你说
[16:38] It comes in streaks. Gotta be willing to push your luck when it’s hot. 运气是一阵一阵的 你应该趁你运气好的时候搏一搏
[16:41] Right. 嗯
[16:44] So, uh, what’s the most you’re willing to play for then? 那么,你最多敢玩多大?
[16:47] What’s the most? I don’t know. I’m for real. 玩多大?我不知道 我很现实的
[16:50] I mean, I don’t want to wind up paying people back the rest of my life. 我可不想沦落到余生都在偿还赌债
[16:54] Vultures like you chasing me for money. 被你这种秃鹰到处追着要钱
[16:56] Why’d you ask? 怎么了?
[16:58] Well, there’s a big game every Friday night at the Alwyn Hotel. 每个周五晚上 伊尔文宾馆那儿都有大的赌局
[17:01] – Do you know it? – Yeah. – 你听说过么? – 嗯
[17:03] And it’s big money, mate. I’m not sure if you’re up for it. 伙计,那儿的赌注很大 不知道你敢不敢玩
[17:05] How much? 有多大?
[17:06] Well, put it this way, Sammy Bush walked out with 60 grand last week. 嗯,萨米 布什上周从那儿拿走了六万
[17:09] Oh, too rich for my blood. 哦,我可玩不起,太厉害了
[17:11] Well, just thought, seeing as you were flush, I thought you might be up for it. 嗯,只是看你最近比较走运 以为你会想试试看
[17:15] – Sixty grand? – Well, just thought I’d mention it, that’s all. – 六万? – 呵呵,就当作我随便说说吧
[17:18] – All right, Mike. – I’ll let you know about it though, all right? – 好的,麦克 – 有事我还会通知你的,好么?
[17:21] – All right. – Be lucky. Don’t work too hard, will ya? – 好的 – 祝你好运,别太辛苦了,好么?
[17:23] Take care. 拜拜
[17:26] – Oh, it’s lovely. – Good. I’m glad you like it. – 哦,这很漂亮 – 嗯,你喜欢就好
[17:28] – Yeah, it’s gorgeous. – I do think that, uh, 295 is a pretty good price. – 是啊,太漂亮了 – 我也这么认为,29.5万也是个好价钱
[17:32] – Well, it’s pretty expensive, though, isn’t it? – A lot of money. – 不过还是太贵了,不是么? – 的确,不少钱啊
[17:34] It’s a rising market. This is your chance to jump in. 还会涨的,你们现在买的话正是时候
[17:36] You’re first-time buyers. There’s no chain involved. 你们是第一次买房 也没什么可担心的
[17:38] Right. 嗯
[17:38] – You know, you should consider that. – Right. We will. – 嗯,你们应该考虑一下 – 好的,我们会的
[17:40] – We’ll think about it. – Good. I’ll be in the car, yeah? – 我们会想想的 – 好的,我就在车里呆着,好么?
[17:43] – All right. Thanks. – I really like it though. I think it’s gorgeous. – 好的,谢谢 – 我很喜欢,太漂亮了
[17:46] – I’m just figuring the cost. – I can do it. – 我在算价钱 – 我们能负担的起的
[17:49] What I earn at the pub and your wages, easily, yeah. 我在酒吧赚的钱,再加上你的薪水,很容易的
[17:52] I need somewhere to practice me trumpet without the neighbors complaining. 我要找个地方练我的喇叭 一个不会被邻居抱怨的地方
[17:55] You can practice anywhere. You don’t play anymore anyway. You and your trumpet. 你在哪儿都能练习的啊 再说你很久都没有碰过你的喇叭了
[18:00] – You really like it? – I do. It’s got a little garden. – 你真的喜欢? – 嗯,它还带着个小花园
[18:03] – We’ll figure out a way to do it. – Really? Oh, really? – 我们会想到方法来买它的 – 真的?真的么?
[18:06] – Yeah. – I love it. – 真的 – 我很喜欢它
[18:10] Fifteen thousand. 一万五
[18:14] Fifteen thousand. 一万五
[18:16] No. I’m out. 我不跟了
[18:18] Yeah, me too. 我也不跟了
[18:28] It’s 15,000 to you, Terry. 你呢?特瑞?
[18:30] Uh… 嗯…
[18:35] All right, I’ll see ya. 好吧,我跟
[18:43] Yeah. 嗯
[18:45] Played. 好牌
[18:52] Lend us 5,000. 借我五千
[18:57] Want 10? 要一万么?
[18:59] Lend us 5,000. Thanks. 借我五千,谢谢
[19:04] Oh, you all right? Good to see you. 哦,你好,很高兴见到你
[19:07] – Angela. – Hi. – 安吉拉 – 嗨
[19:09] – Hey, gorgeous. You off? – Oh, hey, babe. Listen, I left my phone at yours. – 嘿,美女,你要走了么? – 哦,嘿,亲爱的,我把电话忘在你那儿了
[19:12] – Um, pick it up tomorrow? – Okay. That’s fine. – 嗯,明天来拿? – 好的
[19:14] – You were great tonight. – Thank you. – 你今晚很棒 – 谢谢
[19:16] Look, uh, well, I was just in the area and I wondered if you were free tonight? 嗯,我正好路过这儿 你今晚有空么?
[19:21] – Um, no. No, I’m not, actually. – Oh. – 哦,我今晚有事 – 哦
[19:23] Um, I’d much rather go for a drink with you than this date… 比起这个约会来 我更想和你出去喝一杯…
[19:27] but, um, can’t really get out of it. 但是,呃,实在没办法
[19:29] Well, I-I-I understand. I thought I would give it a try. 我… 我知道了 我只是问问看而已
[19:32] Well, if you are free tomorrow, I’m doing a photo shoot in Brighton. 你明天有空的话… 我在布赖顿拍照片
[19:36] – A photo shoot? – Yeah. I’m just modeling a few things. – 拍照片? – 是的,我在做模特
[19:39] You could, um, come if you like. Spend the afternoon together? 你想的话,可以过来 嗯,一起过下午怎么样?
[19:42] – Yeah? – Yeah. – 真的? – 嗯
[19:45] All right. 好啊
[19:50] Terry? Terry. Thank God you’re here. Look, I know it’s early- 特瑞?哦,特瑞,还好你在这儿 听着,我知道现在还…
[19:53] – Ian, I won ?0,000 last night. – What? What? – 伊恩,我昨晚赢了三万 – 什么?什么?
[19:56] – ?0,000 playing poker. – 30 grand? – 我玩扑克赢了三万英镑 – 三万?
[19:59] Well, you need to put it in a bank and never play again. 你该把它存进银行,不能再玩了
[20:01] I can’t tell you the feeling. 我没法描述这种感觉
[20:03] My head was swimming. It was like I stepped out of my body. Every bet, every card. 我感觉像灵魂出窍了一样 每一次下注,每一张牌
[20:06] You lucky bast-You lucky bastard. 你这个幸运的混… 你这个幸运的混蛋
[20:09] – Can I tell you something? – What? – 你知道么? – 什么?
[20:11] The real thrill? Almost losing. Knowing I was a card away from being wiped out and hanging in. 真正的毛骨悚然?我差点输了 明知差一张牌我就完蛋了,可是我没放弃
[20:15] Yeah. What about Kate? She must be over the moon. 是么,凯特呢?她一定开心死了
[20:17] Oh, she doesn’t know. 哦,她还不知道呢
[20:18] – No? – No. She’d never understand. Not these stakes. – 不知道? – 她不会理解的
[20:21] – Plus, I need the cash to play again. – Terry. – 而且,我需要本钱继续玩 – 特瑞
[20:24] If I lose it back, then I lose it back, all right? 如果我输了,就当我从来没赢过这笔钱不就好了
[20:26] My goal is to make enough money to buy this house we saw. Then I’ll tell her. 我的目标是赢足够的钱去买我们看的那套房子 然后我才告诉她
[20:29] Right. I suppose now is as good a time as any to ask if I could borrow a few hundred quid. 好吧,我想现在是管你借几百块钱的大好时机吧
[20:34] – Of course. What’s mine is yours. – Thanks. – 当然,我的就是你的 – 谢谢
[20:37] Thirty grand. That is a lot of cash, Terry. 三万,这可不少啊,特瑞
[20:39] – Why is you here this hour? – I need to borrow the X.K. again. – 这么早跑这儿来干吗? – 我想再借一下那辆X.K.
[20:42] – Uh, it’s not here, Brother. – What? – 哦,那辆车不在这儿了 – 什么?
[20:45] – Got a heavy date? – Yeah. How did you know? – 有重要的约会? – 是啊,你怎么知道?
[20:47] – Well, loan us some money, borrow the flash car. – Oh, yeah. – 又是借钱又是借车的 – 哦,是啊
[20:50] What am I gonna do? I do need that car. 那我怎么办?我需要那辆车的
[20:53] – There is a nice E-type here. – Is there? – 还有辆E型车 – 是么?
[20:55] I promised it back today… 我答应今天会送还的…
[20:57] – but I guess I can manipulate things for tomorrow. – Let’s have a look. – 但我想应该可以拖到明天 – 让我看看
[21:00] Oh, that’s nice. Yeah, that will do. 哦,不错,嗯,可以
[21:02] Playin’ the big shot since we were this high. 我们这么大就会装阔了
[21:04] All right, don’t rub my nose in it. You should see her. She’s so beautiful, this woman. 好啦,别再糗我了 你真该见见她,她太漂亮了
[21:07] – Yeah? – Yeah. – 是么? – 是啊
[21:09] Don’t smash it up. We’d have a lot of explaining to do. 小心别撞坏了,要不然要解释半天的
[22:25] – Where the bloody hell were you yesterday? – I couldn’t make it in. – 你昨天跑哪儿鬼混去了? – 有事
[22:28] You’re supposed to be here. No one knew what the bloody hell they were doing. 你应该在这儿 没人知道该怎么弄
[22:32] You weren’t here. You weren’t answering your mobile. 你不在这儿,也不接手机
[22:35] I’m sorry. I’m sorry. 对不起,对不起行了吧
[22:35] You waltz in here at 10 past 3:00 in the afternoon. 你下午3点10分才慢悠悠的晃过来
[22:39] We were inspected yesterday. Now they’re gonna turn us over. 昨天我们被检查了 他们要举报我们了
[22:41] Look, I’m sorry. Sometimes I have a life of my own. 对不起行了吧 我有时候也有私事的啊
[22:44] What? Doing what? Some crackpot financial scheme, eh? Or is it a woman? 私事?什么私事? 什么破财务规划?还是女人?
[22:48] – Yes, Terry told me you had a date. – Yes, I was with a girl. – 对,特瑞告诉我说你有个约会 – 对,我和一个女孩出去约会了
[22:51] I’ve never been with a girl like this before, Dad. 我从来没和这样的女孩在一起过
[22:53] She was beautiful and classy and smart. Just leave it. Leave it. 她美丽、优雅、聪明… 总之别管我
[22:59] When they arrived, they found these two literary geniuses… 当他们到达的时候 他们发现这两位文学天才
[23:02] floating around in the middle of the ocean in their life jackets sipping martinis. 穿着救生衣,漂在大海上 喝着马丁尼
[23:08] That’s just what I was saying. Sailing can be dangerous. 就像我说的,航海是很危险的
[23:10] – Well, Ian has a boat. – Oh, really? – 嗯,伊恩有艘船 – 哦,真的?
[23:13] Oh, just a little sailboat, yeah. 呃,只是艘小帆船,呵呵
[23:15] I’ve always wanted to sail around the Greek islands. 我一直都想坐船环游希腊群岛
[23:17] – Oh, God, that’d be fun, wouldn’t it? – Yeah. – 哦,那一定很好玩 – 是啊
[23:20] Do you actually sleep on the boat? 你真能睡在船上么?
[23:22] You can. It’s very small, but, yes, you can. 可以啊,虽然有点小,不过可以的
[23:24] – So what do you do, Ian? – I’m in business. – 那,你是做什么的,伊恩? – 我做投资的
[23:26] – Hotels in California. Come. Shall we dance? – Yes. – 加利福尼亚的旅馆,我们去跳舞吧? – 好
[23:33] Do you know what? Those two make such a beautiful couple. 他们两个真是般配啊
[23:36] I think it’s their duty to reproduce. 我认为繁殖,是他们的使命
[23:40] Take me sailing. 带我去航海
[23:44] I will. 我会的
[23:46] I love it. You’re so charmingly awkward with my friends. 我喜欢你这样,和我朋友在一起那么尴尬 却还是那么有魅力
[23:51] It’s so sweet. 你真好
[23:57] Take me to the Greek islands. Take me all around the world. 带我去希腊群岛 带我周游世界
[24:04] I want us to go to California together. 我想要和你一起去加利福尼亚
[24:12] Terry, I need to talk to you about money again. I’m sorry. 特瑞,不好意思,我得再管你借点钱了
[24:16] I wondered if I could borrow the X.K. or the “E”? 还能不能再借我 X.K. 或者 E型用下?
[24:19] What’s the matter with you? You look like death warmed up. 你怎么了? 怎么看起来像活死人似的?
[24:22] Ian, I lost a lot of money in a card game last night. 伊恩,我昨天晚上输了很多钱
[24:26] – Well, how much? – A lot. Come here. – 多少? – 很多,来
[24:30] Well, what is a lot? How much? 很多?很多是多少?
[24:32] – I lost back the 30. – Yeah. – 我把那三万全输回去了 – 哦
[24:34] Plus another ?0,000. 再加上九万
[24:37] Terry, what is wrong with you? 特瑞,你疯了?
[24:39] It was like I was in a trance. 我好像有点迷糊
[24:41] – I knew what was happening, but I still kept going. – Well, that makes me sick. – 我知道我在干什么,可我就是停不下来 – 天啊,我要疯了
[24:46] How are you going to pay back ?0,000? 你怎么还这九万英镑啊?
[24:49] I have to. I borrowed it with heavy interest. 我不得不还,我借的钱,利息很高
[24:52] What, from loan sharks? Terry, they’re gonna break your legs. 你借高利贷? 特瑞,他们会打断你的腿的
[24:55] I kept borrowing and borrowing. I figured me luck had to change, but it only got worse. 我不停的在借,我以为我该转运了 可是却越来越糟
[24:59] Well, I would like to be sympathetic, but you make me so angry. ?0,000? 我应该表示同情 不过你让我冒火,九万啊!
[25:04] Ah, Ian, what am I gonna do? 伊恩,我该怎么办啊?
[25:08] I don’t know what you’re gonna do. 我怎么知道该怎么办
[25:11] You don’t help yourself with the whiskey and these pills. 威士忌和这些药片可帮不了你
[25:14] I get migraines, Ian. Don’t get on me. I need help. 我头都大了,伊恩 别对我吼,我需要帮助
[25:17] Well, how am I gonna help you? 你要我怎么帮你啊?
[25:19] Terry. Terry, I’m just a two-bit player myself who plays a big shot in borrowed cars. 特瑞,特瑞,我只是个靠借来的车 装阔气的微不足道的小混混
[25:25] – I haven’t got any money. – You got some money put away. You told me. – 我没钱啊 – 你有存一些钱的,你告诉过我的
[25:28] I have a little saved for this business proposition, this investment, the hotel thing… 我是存了一些 那些是为我的商业规划,投资旅馆用的
[25:32] but I haven’t even got enough for that. 我自己都不够呢
[25:35] – How am I meant to help you? – Well, I have to borrow some of it. – 你要我怎么帮你啊? – 你得借点给我
[25:38] Just to make a couple of payments. 先还给他们一点
[25:41] – To stall them till I figure out what to do. – What are you gonna do? – 至少在我想出办法之前可以拖住他们 – 想出什么办法?
[25:44] – I don’t know. – To do what? – 我不知道 – 你要做什么?
[25:46] Terry, I came down to see you. And now you’re asking for my savings? Jesus Christ! 特瑞,我过来看你 你却管我要钱,天啊!
[25:52] – I’m in real trouble, Ian. – Yes, you’re in real trouble. – 伊恩,这次我麻烦大了 – 是的,你麻烦大了
[26:37] – Happy birthday, Mum. – Cheers. – 生日快乐,老妈 – 干杯
[26:40] Well, I’m having a fine time… 嗯?我这儿正开心着呢
[26:42] and you two look like you got the weight of the world on your shoulders. 你们俩怎么看着像天塌下来一样?
[26:45] No, no, it’s not- No, it’s not- We’re all right. I’m fine. 不,不,没事,我们没事
[26:48] – Yeah, me too. – No, don’t say you are. – 对,我们没事 – 什么没事
[26:50] I wake up 3:00 in the morning last night, he’s not there. 我昨晚3点钟爬起来的时候 他不在
[26:53] I go into the front room, and he’s sitting there talking to himself. What’s that about? 我走到客厅,发现他坐在那儿一个人自言自语的 怎么回事?
[26:57] Well, your father’s already started to forget names and confuse things. 你们的父亲已经开始忘记名字 记不清事情了
[27:01] In Terry’s case it won’t be dementia. It will be blended whiskey. 特瑞的话,不是因为痴呆,而是威士忌
[27:04] Don’t tell her that. She’ll think he’s alcoholic because you passed him your genes. 别这么说,她会以为 就是因为你的遗传才让他变成酒鬼的
[27:10] – Mum, what did Uncle Howard get you? – Flowers. – 妈,霍华德舅舅送什么给你了 – 鲜花
[27:12] – Aren’t they pretty? And ?,000. – Oh, they’re gorgeous. – 很漂亮吧?还有1000英镑 – 哦,是的,很漂亮
[27:16] He never forgets, Howard, does he? 霍华德舅舅从来没忘记过你的生日,是么?
[27:17] What’s it to him? A crumb. If I had that kind of wealth I’d send you some real money. 这对他来说算什么?要是我的话 我会送你一大笔钱的
[27:22] But you don’t have it. 可是你没钱
[27:24] We’ll always be dependent on Howard. Thank the Lord the man’s a prince. 我们一直依靠着霍华德 感谢上帝,他就像个王子一样
[27:28] Did he say where he is? 他有说过他现在在哪儿么?
[27:29] Well, he was still in China, but I think he’s going on holiday to Thailand. 他还在中国,不过我想他可能会去泰国度假
[27:34] – Oh. – Yeah. – 哦 – 嗯
[27:38] – Mum, can I speak to you a minute? – Yeah. – 妈,我能和你说两句么? – 怎么了?
[27:43] – I need to borrow some money. – How much? – 我需要借点钱 – 多少?
[27:46] Any part of that ?,000 you can lend me. Well, all of it, if you can. 从那1000镑里拿出些给我好了 如果可以的话,都借给我
[27:51] So what happened? Did your great winning streak come to an abrupt end? 到底怎么了?你这个伟大的常胜将军 终于迎来了悲惨的结局了?
[27:54] – Mum- – What was it? Cards or dice? – 妈… – 怎么输的?牌?骰子?
[27:58] – Oh, what the bloody hell’s the difference? – Don’t lecture me, Mum. – 哦,有什么区别 – 别再教训我了,妈
[28:02] – All right, I’ll pay it back. – With what? You owe everybody you know money. – 我会还给你的 – 你用什么还?所有认识的人你都欠着钱
[28:07] If I give you my birthday present, I can say good-bye to it. 要是我把生日礼物给了你 我就别想再拿回来了
[28:10] All right then, forget it! All right? 好啦,当我没说过,可以吧?
[28:13] I knew I was asking the wrong person. 我就知道我问错人了
[28:15] Your dad needs it to pay to the bank. The restaurant’s sucking him dry. 你老爸需要钱来付给银行 这个餐馆已经要把他榨干了
[28:20] So let him dump it then. 那就关掉好了
[28:21] He’s put his whole life into it. It’s not about the money. 他把他的全部都投进去了 这不是钱的问题
[28:25] Well, isn’t Ian helping to get it back on its legs? 伊恩不是在帮他么?
[28:28] Ian can only do so much, and his heart’s not in it. 伊恩一个人能力有限 况且他的心思也不在那个上面
[28:31] But at least he’s got some conscience. You never had any conscience. 但他起码还有些良心,你却一点都没
[28:35] – And Brian’s not what he was. – Can’t Uncle Howard help? – 布赖恩也早就变了 – 霍华德舅舅不能帮上什么忙么?
[28:38] He’s too proud to ask Howard again, and he won’t let me. 他自尊心太强,不肯去找霍华德 他也不准我去找
[28:42] Well, those two never really got along. 他们两个从来都处不好
[28:44] Yes, ’cause you rub his nose in Howard’s success. 那是因为你老用霍华德来糗他
[28:46] Don’t you lecture me! 你还有脸教训我?
[28:48] Drink and gambling, that’s your answer to life’s problems. 酗酒、赌博 这就是为什么你落到这个下场
[28:57] – Someone at the restaurant is stealing from me. – What? – 餐馆里有人在偷我的钱 – 什么?
[29:02] Oh, I suspect Lewis, the bookkeeper. He’s the only logical one. 我怀疑是会计刘易斯 只有他有可能偷钱
[29:05] But I’ve known him for years, and I can’t bring myself to accuse him. 不过认识他这么多年了 我不可能跑去质问他啊
[29:10] Oh, Dad. It’s, uh- 哦,老爸…
[29:14] – It’s not Lewis. It’s me. – You? – 不是刘易斯偷的,是我拿的 – 你?
[29:17] Yeah. But I wasn’t stealing it. I had every intention of returning it. 对,不过我不是想要偷 我绝对打算要还的
[29:22] I hope you know I would never steal from you. 我希望你知道 我是永远不会偷你的钱的
[29:24] It’s just that Terry got himself in some debt… 不过特瑞他欠了些债…
[29:27] and I’ve been- I’ve been trying to help him out. 我想… 帮帮他
[29:29] And I had to use some money I’d set aside for some business ventures. 我连自己存下来用来投资的钱都拿出来了
[29:33] What business ventures? Do you want to leave the restaurant? 什么投资?你不打算在餐馆作了么?
[29:35] Yeah, of course, one day, Dad. I can’t stay there forever. It will kill me. 是啊,当然了,总有一天我要离开的啊 我不可能永远呆在餐馆的啊,那会憋死我的
[29:39] But not- not next week or anything. 但不是说下周就要走这样的
[29:42] Look, I’ve met this incredible girl. 我遇见了个女孩
[29:44] You stole money. 你偷钱…
[29:46] No. I’m trying to explain to you. You just don’t want to hear. 不是,我这不是正在解释给你听么 你怎么不听呢
[29:49] I had hoped I would be able to get it back there before you even noticed. 我本来希望能在你发觉之前还回去的
[29:53] I wasn’t trying to get away with anything. 我并没想逃避什么
[29:55] And I only took it because Terry and I got in a bind. 我拿了钱只是因为 我和特瑞碰上了点小麻烦
[29:58] – What kind of business venture? – Investment in hotels. – 你要投资做什么? – 投资建旅馆
[30:02] What the hell do you know about hotels? 你又不懂什么旅馆的
[30:04] Uncle Howard’s coming! 霍华德舅舅要来了
[30:06] Uncle Howard’s coming. He’ll be here tomorrow. 霍华德舅舅要来了,他明天就到
[30:10] He’ll only be in town for a little while, and then he’s leaving for the United States. 他只会在这儿呆上几天 然后就要去美国了
[30:14] But he wants to take us all out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. 但是他邀请我们去吃午餐 庆祝我的生日
[30:17] Well, I’m sure he’ll put on a big show and then you won’t see him again for another two years. 哼,我肯定他会跑来炫上一番 然后再消失个两年
[30:21] He’s a busy man. 他很忙的
[30:23] He hasn’t time to sit in front of the television, watching football and swilling beer. 他连坐在电视前 看足球和喝啤酒的时间都没有
[30:27] Get out of my way, Brian, please. Thank you. 让开,布赖恩,谢谢
[30:34] My plan is to get everything lined up in advance… 我的计划是 先把事情都安排好
[30:37] and with a bit of luck, we can close this deal sooner than we expected. 如果运气好的话 我们能提前完成交易
[30:40] I’m gonna ask my Uncle Howard if he can introduce you to some movers and shakers. 我会问问霍华德舅舅 看看他是不是能给你介绍一些大人物
[30:45] Oh, I don’t want to infringe. 哦,我不想吃软饭
[30:47] No, no, no, no. He works with a lot of movie industry people. He’s very social. 不,不,我不是这个意思 他认识不少影视界的人,他很善于交际的
[30:50] He plays- He plays golf with some top directors and some studio heads even. 他常和大导演和制片打高尔夫
[30:54] Oh. God, that would be a really big break for me. 哦,那真的会让我出名的
[30:57] Well, it’s a good time to ask for this favor. 现在正好是请他帮忙的大好机会
[31:00] Well, you’re so beautiful and talented. 你这么漂亮,又有才华
[31:02] All you need is a chance to meet some of the right people. 你需要的只是一个机会而已
[31:16] There he is. Howard. 他在那儿呢,霍华德
[31:18] – Howard! Oh, my God! – Hi. – 霍华德! – 嘿
[31:21] – Hello, love. You all right? – All right, darling, yes. – 你好啊,亲爱的,还好么? – 嗯,亲爱的,我很好
[31:23] – Happy birthday, sweetheart. There you are. – Oh, my God. – 生日快乐,亲爱的,来,给你 – 哦,天哪
[31:26] – Uncle Howard, this is Kate. – Oh, hello, Kate. – 霍华德舅舅,这是凯特 – 哦,你好,凯特
[31:28] Lovely to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you. 很高兴见到你 经常听到你的大名呢,总算见到真人了
[31:30] – Yeah, well, it’s probably, uh, exaggeration. – You look great. – 呵呵,那可能是,呃,有点言过其实了 – 你看起来不错
[31:34] Oh, doesn’t he look wond- So-So where are we eating? 哦,呵呵,那么,我们去哪儿吃饭?
[31:36] – We’re going, uh- I booked a table at Claridge’s. – Claridge’s? – 我在卡拉吉订了位子 – 卡拉吉?
[31:38] Oh, we’re-we’re not dressed, really. 哦,我们没穿正装啊
[31:40] You can have rich food for once in your life. 呵呵,难得奢侈一下
[31:43] I’m sure your ulcer will survi- Did you see the doctor that I arranged for you? 你的溃疡也应该不会有问题 你去看了我帮你安排的医生了么?
[31:46] – I did, yes. – He says it’s nothing serious, so- – 我去过了 – 他说没什么大问题,所以…
[31:48] – Well, the pain’s damn serious, but- – Come on, Brian. – 嗯,很痛,但是… – 好了,布赖恩
[31:50] – What time we booked in? – Uh, 1:00, so we, uh-we better go, all right? – 订的几点? – 一点,哦,我们最好出发吧,好么?
[31:54] Come on. Don’t get left behind. Come on. 走吧,别跟丢了,走吧
[31:58] You’d-You’d be amazed what’s happening in-in-in China today. 你会对中国现在的变化感到大吃一惊的
[32:02] It’s a really vital and exciting place. 真是个生机勃勃,振奋人心的地方
[32:04] Now there’s a trade surplus opening up… 现在贸易顺差加大
[32:07] and our clinic’s really gonna do well. 我的诊所会赚大钱的
[32:09] You wouldn’t think that the Chinese would be so into cosmetic surgery, would you? 中国人会对美容手术那么感兴趣么?
[32:14] They’re-They’re capitalists, Kate. 他们现在可是资本主义了,凯特
[32:16] They’re-They’re-They’re way more capitalistic than we are. 他们比我们还要资本主义的多
[32:18] Right. 是么
[32:19] Do you know, I was hoping you’d bring your new wife. I’d love to meet her. 我本来希望你能带你新娘来 我很想见见她
[32:22] Ah, yes, I know. Well, Connie’s busy. 啊,我知道,不过,康妮太忙了
[32:25] She-She does a lot of work promoting our clinic back in L.A., so- 她正在帮我拓展洛杉矶那边的业务,所以…
[32:28] But she really wanted to come. 但她真的很想来的
[32:30] And, Howard, you never think of having a family? 霍华德,你没想过要建立个家庭么?
[32:35] – You’re my family. – Oh, Howard. – 你们就是我的家庭啊 – 哦,霍华德
[32:39] – Oh, Howard. – Thanks, Howard. – 哦,霍华德 – 谢谢,霍华德
[32:40] That’s sweet. 你真贴心
[32:42] Everything’s okay? You need anything? 一切都还好么? 有什么需要的么?
[32:44] Well, we’re all right, thank God. But, look, Howard, I know the boys wanted to talk to you. 感谢上帝,我们都很好 不过,霍华德,孩子们想要和你聊聊
[32:49] Boys, I was just telling Howard that you’d want to talk to him privately. 孩子们,我刚刚和霍华德说 你们想要和他私下聊聊
[32:53] Uh, yeah, if-if-if you have some time. 嗯,是啊,如,如果你有时间的话
[32:55] When it’s convenient for you. 等你有空的时候
[32:58] Yeah, well, uh, we’ll just drop Brian and Dorothy at home… 啊,我们先把布赖恩和桃乐茜送回家
[33:02] and then we’ll-we’ll-we’ll have a drink, just the three of us. 然后…我们去喝一杯吧,就我们三个
[33:05] – There you go, boys. – All right, great. – 好了吧,孩子们 – 好的,好的
[33:07] That’s lovely, Howard. Thank you, darling. You made my day. 你真好,霍华德,谢谢
[33:10] I couldn’t help myself, Uncle Howard. 我实在忍不住,霍华德舅舅
[33:13] I mean, I know we talked about it and I gave you my word… 我知道我们谈过这个事情,我也答应过你
[33:16] but sometimes, I-I just get out of control, you know? 但是,有时候… 我就失去控制了
[33:21] I’ll get help. I promise it won’t happen again. 我会找人帮忙 我保证不会再犯了
[33:25] For Christ’s sake, Terry, stop cryin’. Uncle Howard’s not berating you. 天啊,特瑞,别哭了 霍华德舅舅又没有在训你
[33:29] He’s- He just- He’s drank a little too much. 他有点…喝多了
[33:32] Well, I-I-I don’t set myself up as a judge. 我也不打算训你
[33:34] I-I-I counsel common sense. I understand human needs. 我能理解你,人都会犯错
[33:38] All right. But I know I got myself into this bind and I’m aware of how serious it is. 我知道我闯祸了 我也了解这很严重
[33:44] Yeah, yes, I hear you. Now, y-you just- you just pull yourself together. 好的,好的,我知道了 你振作一点
[33:46] I’m not going to- I’m not going to lecture you. 我不会… 不会对你说教的
[33:49] I think losing such a steep amount is a lesson in itself… 我想输了这么大笔钱 本身就是个教训了
[33:52] much, much more than anything I could say. 这比起我的说教来说要有用的多
[33:54] God. I feel like suddenly I’m in a dream. 天啊,我觉得好像突然在做梦一样
[33:57] Well, everybody makes mistakes. We’ll deal with it. 听着,每个人都会犯错 我们得面对它,解决它
[34:00] The key is you-you-you recognize the need for help, okay? 重要的是,你…你明白你错了 而且想要改正,好么?
[34:05] Yeah. 好的
[34:07] So, Ian, what’s on your mind? 哪么,伊恩,你有什么事?
[34:09] Um… 嗯…
[34:11] well, you always said if I found something I wanted to devote myself to to come to you. 你经常说,如果我找到热衷的东西的话 就来找你
[34:16] – Ian’s met this girl. – Let me tell it, Terry. – 伊恩遇到了一个女孩 – 特瑞,让我自己来说
[34:20] I have a chance of coming in on a surefire business deal. 我有个绝对能成功的生意
[34:24] Yeah, well, there’s no such thing as a surefire deal, but go on. 呵呵,这世上可没有什么绝对能成功的生意 不过,继续说吧
[34:27] There’s some partners want to invest in two hotels, in your neck of the woods, actually… 有几个朋友想要投资两家旅馆 就在你家附近…
[34:32] in-in Los Angeles… 在… 在洛杉矶
[34:34] – and naturally, this requires an outlay of funds. – Oh, yeah. – 当然,这需要一大笔钱 – 哦,是么
[34:38] Which, of course, you would get back with interest. 当然,我会连本带利的一起还给你
[34:41] If the hotels show a profit. 如果旅馆能盈利的话
[34:44] They will, Uncle Howard. They will. 能的,霍华德舅舅,一定能的
[34:46] So what kind of money are we looking at? 那么,你想要多少钱呢?
[34:49] ?0,000 or ?0,000. Possibly even ?00,000. 7万或8万 可能的话,10万
[34:53] Well, can I let my accountants have a look at what details you have? It could be of some help. 那能不能让我的会计们看一下具体资料? 也许能有所帮助的
[34:59] We’ll, I’ll be- I’ll be grateful for any guidance, of course… 当然,我… 我会非常感谢任何的指导意见…..
[35:01] but, uh, I really need the money soon. 但是… 呃… 我真的急需这笔钱
[35:05] And-And who is this young woman? 嗯… 那位年轻的女孩是?
[35:08] Ah. Well, our plan is to move to California. She’s an actress. 啊,我们计划搬去加利福尼亚 她是个演员
[35:11] I-I was gonna ask you if there were some people you-you might be able to introduce her to. 我… 我正想问你能不能… 把她介绍给什么人
[35:17] Oh, yeah, for sure. Contacts never hurt an aspiring talent. 哦,当然可以 才华横溢的人也需要机会的
[35:21] Oh, she would be so grateful, as would I. 哦,她一定会很感激你的 我也一样
[35:23] I’m obviously just crazy about her. 我… 我为她痴迷
[35:26] I’m very close with a lot of people in the film industry and some, uh- 我和很多影视界的人很熟 还有些…嗯…
[35:29] – I just feel it’s- it’s now or never for me. – Oh, yeah. – 我只是觉得… 机不可失 – 哦,是么
[35:33] Yeah, I understand that feeling. You-You see a real opportunity, you really want to grab it. 嗯,我知道那种感觉 你…看到了一个机会,你想抓住它
[35:38] Otherwise, you spend the rest of your life wondering what might have been. 否则,你的余生都会想要知道 将会发生些什么
[35:41] We’ll both find a way to pay you back. 我们都会想办法来还给你的
[35:44] Yeah, well, I, um- 嗯,我,嗯…
[35:47] I wanted to talk to you about that. 我正想和你们聊聊这件事呢
[35:49] Uh, let’s, um- let’s- let’s go under those trees. 嗯… 我们… 到树下面说去
[36:04] Well, um, I think you’ll agree that family loyalty cuts both ways. 嗯,我想你们都同意 亲情是要双方来维护的
[36:09] Oh, without a doubt. 哦,当然
[36:10] And thank God I’ve never had to ask you for anything… 感谢上帝,我从来没有要求过你们为我做过什么
[36:12] but, uh, the time has come when, uh, I need your help. 但是… 嗯… 现在我需要你们的帮助
[36:17] – Name it, Uncle Howard. – Anything. – 尽管说吧,霍华德舅舅 – 叫我们做什么都行
[36:20] Well, I seem to have got myself into a little situation. 嗯,我遇到了点小麻烦
[36:23] Yes? 什么?
[36:23] Well, uh, actually, it’s, uh- it’s- it’s more serious than that. 嗯… 实际上… 嗯… 不是小麻烦,事情满严重的
[36:27] And, uh, after much thought, there don’t seem to be many options. 我考虑再三,好像没什么选择
[36:30] Right. 是么
[36:30] Well, there’s going to be a review in a few months… 嗯,几个月之内 会有一个审查
[36:33] an investigation into my, uh, business affairs, you know, the foundation and the clinics- 针对我的… 生意 我的基金和诊所…
[36:38] and, uh, there’s a former member of staff… 嗯… 有一个前任的工作人员
[36:40] who is prepared to talk about things that could be extremely detrimental to me. 他准备说出来的事情 将会对我非常不利
[36:45] I, uh- extremely. 我… 呃… 非常不利
[36:47] But surely you have nothing to worry about. 但是你应该没什么可担心的吧
[36:49] Well, to be quite candid, l- 嗯,坦白的说,我…
[36:52] I really can’t allow a colleague called Martin Burns… 我实在不能让这个叫马丁 彭斯的人
[36:56] to give certain evidence. 提供…一些证物
[36:58] But why? Sorry, I-I’m not following. 但是为什么? 对不起… 我,我没听明白
[37:01] Well, I-I’m in a very vulnerable position and the consequences could be dire. 我… 我现在的处境比较敏感 后果可能会很糟糕
[37:05] Well, what are the options? Is this Martin Burns unwilling to listen to reason? 那么,有什么办法么? 不能和这个马丁 彭斯谈谈么?
[37:08] Well, unfortunately, I’ve had several discussions with him, and he just won’t see it my way. 嗯,我已经和他谈过几次了 不过他好像不能接受
[37:14] Well, why not? Is it not just a question of money? 那为什么? 不就是钱的问题么?
[37:16] Well, not really. I don’t think compensation would change his mind… 不,不是,我不认为用钱能改变他的主意
[37:19] and, to be quite honest, it’s not a road I really want to go down. 而且,老实说 我也不大想这么做
[37:23] Well, what then? 那要怎么做?
[37:26] Uh, I think Burns has to be got rid of. 呃,我想彭斯一定要被处理掉
[37:30] Rid of? 处理掉?
[37:33] If there was any other solution, and believe me, I have racked my brains- 如果有其他办法的话 相信我,我已经绞尽脑汁了…
[37:36] But unless he’s out of the picture… 但是,除非他不存在
[37:38] I am looking at a very long period of time in jail, what could be the rest of my life. 否则我可能要坐很长时间的牢 可能我的余生就要在牢中度过了
[37:42] My God. What have you done? 我的天啊,你干了些什么?
[37:44] – Don’t talk to me like that! – I’m sorry. I-I didn’t mean any disrespect. – 不准这样和我说话! – 对不起… 我,我并不是那个意思
[37:47] I have made some very, very difficult decisions to avoid being ruined. 为了避免破产 我做了一些非常、非常困难的决定
[37:52] I was aware when I made them that I was having- that I was taking some kind of risk. 我在做决定的时候我就知道 我是在冒险
[37:56] But the stakes were enormous. I shouldn’t have to talk to you about betting on risks. 但是代价实在是太大了 我不用和你解释什么是冒险吧
[37:59] I didn’t mean anything. 我没有任何意思
[38:00] You don’t build what I’ve built by always playing by the book. 如果你一直照规矩办事的话 是不可能有我今天这样的成就的
[38:03] – Now you’ll find that out. – Uncle Howard, he didn’t mean to be rude. – 你迟早都会明白的 – 霍华德舅舅,他只是随口说说
[38:06] You didn’t question my ethics when you were, uh-when you wanted something from me. 你们在伸手管我要钱的时候 可没有资格质问我的道德
[38:10] Look, Uncle Howard, we’re not questioning your ethics. 霍华德舅舅,我们并不是在质疑你的道德
[38:13] – I’m sure you know what you’re doing. – We’re just surprised. – 你也很清楚你要做些什么 – 我们只是被吓到了而已
[38:15] Oh, what? Surprised? Surprised by what? Surprised that I need some help? 哦?被吓到了?被什么吓到了? 被我也需要帮助吓到了?
[38:19] Surprised that, uh- that-that my life could fall apart… 被我的…生活将支离破碎而吓到了?
[38:23] if this one weak sister, this ungrateful failure… 就因为一个软弱的女人 一个不知感恩的废物
[38:25] elects to sell me out to save his own skin? 为了自保而出卖了我?
[38:28] By getting rid of him, do- do you mean- 但是… 处理掉他… 你… 你是说…
[38:33] He cannot be allowed to testify by whatever means are necessary. 不论采取任何手段 都不能让他出庭作证
[38:39] He wants us to kill him. 他要我们去杀了他
[38:41] But at this point, I can see no other way. 目前我没别的办法
[38:45] I can’t beg it. I can’t buy it. 求他,收买他,都不行
[38:47] But this has to happen in order for me to survive. 只有这么做才能让我平安无恙
[38:50] – God. God. – Christ, be a man. – 天啊,天啊 – 天啊,像个男人好么
[38:53] I don’t want to kill anybody. 我不想杀人
[38:55] I need to know if you two can come through for me. You’re the only people I can turn to. 我想要知道的是,你们愿不愿意帮我 你们是我唯一信任的人
[38:59] But there must be people who do this sort of thing f-for a fee, I mean. 可是… 不是有那种… 专门做这一行的人么?
[39:04] Well, I-I-I wouldn’t know how to find such a person. 我… 我不知道上哪里找这种人
[39:07] And if I did, they’d always have it over me… 即使我知道也不能找他们 他们会永远抓着我的把柄
[39:10] or-or they’d turn out to be some undercover policeman or something. 或… 或者找到的人是个卧底警察什么的
[39:13] I mean, I am in unfamiliar waters. 我不是行家
[39:16] I need the help of people who I can trust with my life. 我需要我信任的人来帮助我
[39:20] – I cannot kill somebody. – Oh, right. – 我不能杀人 – 哦,是么
[39:23] So that’s it, isn’t it? It’s fine to count on me, your mother… 那,就这样了是么? 你们依赖我就可以,你母亲…
[39:26] your father when he couldn’t put food on the table. 你父亲… 当他连家都养不活的时候
[39:29] It’s fine for you to come- come to me for everything. 你们向我要什么都可以,是么?
[39:31] It’s what you’re askin’, Uncle Howard. You can see the imbalance. 可是你的要求… 霍华德舅舅 你不觉得太不公平了么
[39:35] Burns could have an accident. 彭斯可能会发生意外
[39:38] Burns could be hit by car or- or killed in a street mugging. 彭斯可能会出车祸 也可能被抢劫然后被杀
[39:42] – Jesus Christ, Uncle Howard! – Stop! Stop simpering! – 天啊,霍华德舅舅! – 闭嘴!少在这儿给我假惺惺的了!
[39:45] What the hell is wrong with you? 你们怎么回事?
[39:47] You people come to me begging for favors. 你们成天来找我帮忙
[39:50] “Help me, Uncle Howard. I need money. I’m in over my head. “帮帮我,霍华德舅舅 我需要钱,我晕头了
[39:53] I made a mistake. Help me change my life.” 我犯了错,帮我改变我的生活”
[39:56] How can I help you? How can I attend to your needs if I’m rotting away somewhere? 我怎么帮你? 如果我烂在什么地方的话,我怎么帮你们?
[40:02] Christ, I can’t believe you’re putting me through this stuff. 我真不相信你们这么对我
[40:05] After what I’ve done for you, it should be automatic. 我为你们做了这么多 你们应该不会说不的
[40:07] Family is family. Blood is blood. 家人就是家人 血脉就是血脉
[40:10] You don’t ask questions. You protect your own. 你不去问为什么 你保护你自己的家人
[40:13] – I can’t do it! – It’s- It’s not that. – 我做不到! – 不… 不是这回事啊
[40:16] I mean, this is so much more than just a simple favor. 这可远远的超出了一个简单的帮忙
[40:19] Don’t lecture me. I wasn’t born yesterday. I realize- I know the gravity of what this- 不要对我说教,我又不是昨天才出生的 我知道这样做的严重性
[40:25] – Oh, please, just-just forget it. – I can’t do it! – 哦,算了… 不提了 – 我做不到!
[40:27] You can do it! You make it look like an accident. It’s just that you won’t do it. 你做得到!你只要做得像场意外就行了! 你只不过不想去做而已
[40:31] I’ve got nobody else that I can count on. 我没有其他可信任的人了
[40:35] Don’t- Don’t bother. Forget I asked. 算了… 当我没说过
[40:38] Forget- Forget we know each other. Let’s have nothing more to do with each other… 我们互不相识 以后也不要再联系我
[40:41] because, obviously, your idea of family is, uh- is very different from mine. 显然你们对家人的概念和我不同
[40:50] I’ve never seen him like that. He was so angry. He was a different person. 我从来没见过他这样 他这么生气,简直就变了个人
[40:53] – He’s a crook, Ian. – Terry, we don’t know all the details. – 他在骗我们,伊恩 – 特瑞,我们不知道事情具体是什么样的
[40:56] Christ, what’s he expect? We’re gonna kill some guy for him? 天啊,他要我们干什么? 他要我们替他去杀人?
[41:00] He was desperate. If you look at it from his point of view… 他很绝望,如果你站在他的角度来看的话…
[41:02] a favor that’s easy to do, you can ask anyone for, but- 如果是件小事 你可以去找任何人帮忙,可是…
[41:05] if you have to ask someone a favor that’s a real favor, then you know who your friends are. 如果你真的要求人帮大忙的话 你就知道谁是你真正的朋友了
[41:09] – To think we’d be capable of such a thing. – I agree. – 他认为我们能做到? – 嗯
[41:12] I mean, family is one thing, but there are limits. 家人是一回事 但是凡事都有个度
[41:14] You’d never consider anything like that, would you? 你不会真的考虑这件事吧?
[41:17] No. Would you? 当然不会,你呢?
[41:19] – Not me. You think he hates us? – I think he’s disappointed. – 我也不会,你认为他会恨我们么? – 我觉得他很失望
[41:22] Yeah, well, I am too. 嗯,我也很失望
[41:24] Well, it’s been a day of shattered hopes for you, me and Howard. 今天是霍华德、你和我希望破灭的一天
[41:27] Oh, Christ. You think he’ll wind up in prison for the rest of his life? 天啊,你认为他会坐一辈子牢么?
[41:30] I don’t know. It doesn’t bear thinkin’ about. Terry… 我不知道,我不敢想,特瑞…
[41:33] – my hands are shakin’. – I don’t feel good, Ian. – 我的手还在抖 – 我觉得不舒服,伊恩
[41:37] Christ, I think I’m gonna be sick. 天啊,我要吐了
[41:50] Terry? Terry, wake up. Terry, wake-wake-wake-wake-wake up. 特瑞? 特瑞,醒醒 特瑞,醒醒啊
[41:55] It’s all right. You’re havin’ a bad dream. You’re havin’ a bad dream. 没事,你只是在做噩梦 你只是在做噩梦而已
[41:58] It’s all right. Shh, shh, shh, shh. 没事了
[42:02] My heart is pounding. 我心跳的厉害
[42:03] Yeah, you’re really sweating. What on earth were you dreaming? 嗯,你出了好多汗 你梦见什么了?
[42:06] Oh, Kate, we have to move. 哦,凯特,我们得搬家
[42:08] – What are you talkin’ about? We can’t move. – Oh, yeah, we have to move. – 你在说什么啊?我们不能搬啊 – 嗯,要搬,非搬不可
[42:13] No, we live here. Our lives are here. We’re not moving. 不,我们住在这儿 我们的生活都在这儿,我们不能搬家
[42:15] What on earth were you dreaming? For God’s sake. 上帝啊,你到底梦见了什么
[42:18] God! Who’s that? It’s 4:00 in the morning. 天啊,谁啊?大清早4点来电话
[42:21] Christ. 老天
[42:23] – Who is it? – Hello? – 谁啊? – 喂?
[42:25] – It’s me. – What’s wrong? Are you all right? – 是我 – 怎么了?你没事吧?
[42:29] – Who is it? – We need to talk. – 谁啊? – 我们得谈谈
[42:31] What is it? 怎么了?
[42:33] I don’t want to speak on the phone. 我不想在电话里讲
[42:36] I just want to say that I-I haven’t slept all night. 我整晚都睡不着
[42:40] I’ve been up and down a dozen times thinkin’ and… 我翻来覆去的就是睡不着
[42:43] the conclusion I’ve come to is that we’re gonna have to accommodate Uncle Howard. 我的结论是… 我们不得不答应霍华德舅舅
[42:48] He’ll be in London for the next few weeks. He, uh- He has a flat in Knightsbridge. 他会在伦敦呆上几个星期 他在骑士大桥那儿有间公寓
[42:53] We need to get a good look at him. 我们得好好观察下他
[42:55] I’m having breakfast with him at the Connaught. 我会在康诺特和他一起吃早餐
[42:59] I’ve-I’ve worked hard at- at, uh, keeping good relations with him… 我… 我一直努力和他保持良好的关系
[43:03] but, um, we both know what the score is, that’s for sure. 但是… 嗯… 我们都知道实际是怎么回事
[43:07] Anyway, I’ll tell you when we’re there and then you can be there as well. 我们到了那儿之后我会通知你们 这样你们也能过去
[43:10] And you can stop by the table and, uh- 你们可以过来,然后…
[43:13] and, uh, I’ll introduce you, and then you can get a good look at him. 我会把你们介绍给他 你们就可以好好的看看他了
[43:18] It sounds good to me. We need to know who it is that we’re gonna- that we’re gonna- 好的… 我们需要知道他是谁 然后我们就可以… 就可以…
[43:23] – You can’t even say it. – Terry. – 你连说都说不出口 – 特瑞
[43:25] – You can’t even say what it is we’re talking about. – No, wait. – 你都不敢说我们在谈些什么 – 不,等等
[43:28] Wait, wait, wait. I-I thought, um- I thought we were past this bit. 等等… 我… 我以为我们都说好了
[43:33] We are. We are. We’ll check him out at the Connaught. 是的,是的 我们到时候会在康诺特的
[43:40] All right, well, I’ll give you, um, all the information you need- 好的… 我会给你们一切 你们需要知道的信息
[43:43] where he lives in London, his flat, you know, when he visits his- his mother, phone numbers… 他在伦敦的住处 他来看望他母亲时所住的公寓,他的电话号码…
[43:49] and then- then it’s in your hands. 然后… 然后就交给你们了
[43:53] Don’t let me down. 别让我失望
[43:55] Now, I shall be in the Far East for a few days… 我会到远东几天…
[43:58] and I want it taken care of while I’m away. 我希望这件事 能在我不在的时候处理掉
[44:01] I don’t want to know about it. 我不想知道你们怎么做的
[44:04] I just want it over and done with when I get back. 我只需要知道 等我回来的时候,一起都已经处理好了
[44:10] Quick, simple, no witnesses. 迅速、简单、没有目击证人
[44:15] And then just let it fade into history. 然后就让它消失在过去
[44:19] You can count on us, Uncle Howard. You can. Yeah. 你可以信得过我们的,霍华德舅舅 你可以的
[44:25] I understand the- the magnitude of the favor that I’m asking. 我理解… 我求你们帮我做这件事的严重性
[44:31] But I promise you, boys, you won’t be sorry. 但我想你们保证,孩子们 你们不会后悔的
[44:36] Oh, I can’t do it, Ian. I can’t! 哦,伊恩,不行,我干不了
[44:39] No, we’re gonna do it, Terry. Because Uncle Howard needs us to do this very badly. 不,我们要干,特瑞 因为霍华德舅舅非常需要我们帮忙
[44:43] Oh, let’s not play games, Ian. You’re thinkin’ of us, what we can get out of it. 哦,少来了,伊恩 你在想我们能从中得到什么
[44:47] I’m not playing games, Terry. 我没有瞎说,特瑞
[44:49] Your whole life is in the toilet unless you’ve got some way of payin’ off a ?0,000 debt. 除非你能还清九万英镑的债务 否则你的整个生活都要烂在厕所里了
[44:53] – I’m not as cool as you are, Ian. – I am not cool, Terry. – 我没你那么冷静,伊恩 – 我不冷静,特瑞
[44:56] I-I-I’m finding it very hard not to panic. But this is a way out for me too. 我也觉得很难保持冷静 但是这也是我的出路
[45:01] Now you don’t like playing on the small-stake tables. Well, neither do I. 你不喜欢小赌,我也不喜欢
[45:05] This is a big shot for me, Terry. To make a big step up in life. 特瑞,这是我一次大赌注 让我生活更上一层台阶的大赌注
[45:08] – Ian, it’s murder. All right? – I know what it is. – 伊恩,这是谋杀,你懂么? – 我知道这是什么
[45:11] – Yeah, well, don’t forget it! – You don’t have to explain it to me, Terry. – 那你就别忘了! – 我不需要你跟我解释,特瑞
[45:16] This guy is just a total stranger to us who’s doing a very bad thing to Uncle Howard. 这个家伙对于我们来说只是素不相识的陌生人 他对霍华德舅舅做了些非常不该做的事情
[45:21] Christ. Why can’t he listen to reason? 天啊,他为什么不听呢?
[45:23] Why’s he have to go opening his mouth to investigators? 他为什么非要去调查员那儿举报呢
[45:25] Look, I’ve been thinking about this, Terry. You push a button and it’s over. 听着,特瑞,我想过了 只要按个按钮,一切就都结束了
[45:29] Except it’s not a button, Ian. 这个不是一个按钮那么简单,伊恩
[45:31] For Christ’s sake! Why do you have to keep making matters worse? 天啊!你为什么非要把事情搞得更糟?
[45:34] It’s a job. If we were in the army… 这只是份工作而已 如果我们在军队里的话
[45:37] we’d be expected to kill strangers every day… 我们天天都可能要杀陌生人
[45:39] to profit men who’re up to here in corruption. 从中获利的人都已经腐败到这儿了
[45:41] Well, I can’t look him face-to-face and then kill him. 我没法面对着他 然后杀了他
[45:46] This is wrong, Ian! It’s just wrong! 这是错误的,伊恩! 这样做不对!
[45:48] Christ. Will you stop lookin’ at everything through a bloody microscope? 天啊,你能不能不要用显微镜去看每一件事?
[45:52] As soon as you look at anything too closely, you reveal all the ugly imperfections. 只要你对任何事看的太仔细 你就会发现所有事情都有丑陋的一面
[45:57] Look, for the first time in my life, I’ve met a woman and I’m in love with her. 听着,生平第一次 我遇见了一个我爱的女人
[46:01] Now if you don’t want to do this, I’ll do it myself. 如果你不想做的话 我就一个人做
[46:03] We’ll get caught! Every murderer thinks he can get away with it… 我们会被抓的! 每个凶手都认为他们能跑掉
[46:06] and then something little goes wrong and it’s over. 然后就因为一点点的小问题 就全完了
[46:09] No, you’re wrong. You’re wrong. Most killings go unsolved. 不,你错了,你错了 大部分的杀人案都是悬案
[46:11] The real world is not what you watch on the television. 现实世界和你在电视上看到的不一样
[46:14] Well, if we do it, there’s no turnin’ back. 如果我们做了 就再也回不了头了
[46:16] Look. I think I know how you feel when you’re at the card table. 听着,我想我知道你打牌时候的感受了
[46:20] I feel like I’m in a dream. 我觉得我好像在梦里一样
[46:22] I think we have got the winning hand, and I want to plunge forward. I want to push my luck. 我觉得我们马上就要赢了 我想要试试看我的运气
[46:26] I can’t look him in the eye and then kill him. Right? 我没法看着他,然后杀了他,懂么?
[46:28] Okay, okay. 好吧,好吧
[46:29] We’ll just observe him from a distance at breakfast, all right? 我们就在早餐的时候 远远的观察他,好吧?
[46:32] We’ll get a good look and then there’ll be no mistakin’ him. 我们好好的观察他 这样就不会弄错人了
[46:39] Stop staring, Ian. 别盯着他看,伊恩
[46:41] I want to get a good look at him. 我想要好好看看他
[46:43] That poor bastard. Eatin’ his breakfast. 这可怜的混蛋还在吃早餐
[46:48] He has no idea his days are numbered. 他不知道他已经时日无多了
[46:50] Oh, life can be so wicked, Ian. 哦,伊恩,生活就可以这么邪恶
[46:53] Have you got a good look at him, Terry? Will you remember his face? I will. 你认清他了么,特瑞? 能记住他的脸么?我能
[47:03] I just got a small part in this French film that I auditioned for. 我去试镜的那部法国电影 我拿到个小角色
[47:06] The director thinks I’d look classy in bed. 导演认为我在床上看上去很漂亮
[47:10] – Do you speak French? – Mmm. I’m fluent, actually. – 你会说法语啊? – 嗯,我说的还满流利的
[47:14] My uncle is learning Chinese at his age. It’s brilliant. 我舅舅这么大年纪了还在学中文 真了不起
[47:18] You guys close? 你们很亲近么?
[47:19] He lives in California. He’s got a big house, beautiful pool, car. 他住在加利福尼亚 他有豪宅、泳池、跑车…
[47:24] He’s a great guy. Would you sleep with a director to get a part? 他是个很厉害的人 你为了拿到角色,会和导演上床么?
[47:28] Well, that depends upon the part and who the director is… 嗯,那要看是什么角色,导演是谁
[47:32] and whether or not I’ve had enough to drink. 还有我喝得够不够多
[47:35] That’s not a very comforting answer. 你的回答可让人不太舒服
[47:38] I didn’t like the question. 我不喜欢你的问题
[48:06] – Bernard? – No, it’s not Bernard. It’s me. – 伯纳德? – 不,不是伯纳德,是我
[48:09] – Ian. – Christ, I’ve been waitin’ out here all night. – 伊恩 – 天啊,我整夜都在外边等着
[48:12] – What are you talking about? – Who’s Bernard? – 你在说什么? – 伯纳德是谁?
[48:14] Who is Bernard leaving your apartment in the morning? 谁是伯纳德?大清早离开你的公寓?
[48:16] – Ian, have you- have you been spying on me? – Who is he? – 伊恩,你在监视我吗? – 他是谁?
[48:19] Is he the director or the producer of your new French film? 他是你法国新片的导演还是制作人?
[48:22] Ian, I can’t believe you’ve been waiting outside my flat. 伊恩,我简直不敢相信 你居然一直在我公寓外边等着
[48:24] Angela, I thought we were making plans together. 安吉拉,我以为我们在一起计划未来
[48:26] – Well, what kind of plans? – I thought we were going to California together. – 哦,什么计划? – 我以为我们会一起去加里福尼亚
[48:29] Ian, I have a life here. I can’t just pack up and go. 伊恩,我在这里有自己的生活 我不可能打个包就走人
[48:32] You’ll have your business and I’ll end up waiting on tables. 你在那有自己的事业 我最后只能当个服务员
[48:34] You won’t have to wait on tables. I’ll be there lookin’ out for you. 你不必当服务员 我会照顾你的
[48:38] l- I don’t understand what you want from me. 我不知道你看上我什么
[48:41] What do you want from me? I’m-I’m-I’m moody and I’m-I’m self-obsessed. 你到底想要什么?我,我 我喜怒无常,自私自利
[48:47] And I’m ambitious. 有野心
[48:49] And beyond your cool exterior, I sense you’re bluffing. 我从你身上得不到安全感 有时感觉你只是在玩我
[48:52] No, I’m not. 不是的
[48:53] I’m gonna take you to California, Angela. I am. 我会带你去加里福尼亚的 安吉拉,我会的
[48:56] And if you don’t think I will, then-then call my bluff. I am. 如果你觉得我不会 那,那就说我是骗子吧
[49:12] Have you thought about how we’re gonna take care of Martin Burns? 你想过我们该怎么对付马丁 彭斯吗?
[49:14] No. Have you? 还没有,你呢?
[49:17] Come here. 过来
[49:20] I want it to be like a hit-and-run accident. 我想做一个肇事逃逸的假象
[49:23] It’s tricky, ’cause someone could see the license plate and we couldn’t be sure he’d die. 这有点儿难,因为有人可能会看见我们的牌照 而且不能保证撞死他
[49:26] – Well, I know I’m not stickin’ a knife in him. – Why not? – 反正我是不会拿刀捅他的 – 为什么?
[49:29] ‘Cause I can’t. Can you? 因为做不出来,你能吗?
[49:32] I don’t know, Terry. I don’t know what I’m capable of till I’m facing the moment. 我不知道,特瑞,不到那个时候 我真不知道自己能做出些什么
[49:35] – You could kill him with a knife? – Or a hammer. – 你能用刀杀了他? – 或者锤子?
[49:37] I was thinkin’ like a muggin’ with a hammer. 我在想用锤子怎么样
[49:39] Jesus, I’m startin’ to think I don’t know you, Ian. Look, if we do this, it-it has to be- 天啊,我简直不认识你了,伊恩 我觉得,如果我们真要做,那就得…
[49:44] What? Nice and clean and sanitized… 就得什么?干净漂亮,不留痕迹?
[49:46] so we can fool ourselves about what we’re doing? 然后我们可以自欺欺人 认为我们什么也没做?
[49:48] – I’m just sayin’ there’s a line I can’t cross. – A gun is the quickest way. – 我只是说我们得有一个底线 – 用枪最省事
[49:51] I’m just sayin’ let’s do it as humanely as possible, all right? 我们能不能尽量仁慈一点儿?
[49:54] We could strangle him with a wire. 我们可以用电线勒死他
[49:56] We could get him on the ground, the two of us, and strangle him with a wire. 我们两个一起把他按在地上 然后用电线勒死他
[49:59] This isn’t us, Ian. It’s not the Blaine brothers. 我们不能这么做,伊恩 这可不是我们布莱恩兄弟
[50:02] The Blaine brothers are a couple of losers, Terry. 布莱恩兄弟是一对窝囊废,特瑞
[50:05] There’s no great pride to be had in what we’ve achieved. 我们做过的事里没什么可骄傲的
[50:08] Well, look, if we strangle him, he’d put up a fight, right? 好吧,但是,如果我们勒他 他肯定会挣扎,对吧?
[50:12] Now, I think we could take him, but it could get messy. 我们也许能搞定,但会弄得一团糟
[50:14] Well, we’ll have to make a decision one way or the other. We’ve only got three weeks. 我们不能再犹豫了 我们只有三个星期
[50:18] I can’t talk about it. Let’s just enjoy our drinks. 别再说这个了,先喝酒吧
[50:23] Carol’s had an accident. Except I don’t think it was an accident. 卡罗尔出了意外,但我不认为那是意外
[50:29] I think she was drunk when she took the car… 我想她取车的时候就已经喝多了
[50:31] and she didn’t much care if she made it back to town or not. 她也不在乎能不能把车开回去
[50:33] Well, suppose if I told you I don’t care. In fact, I’m glad it happened. 如果我告诉你我根本不在乎呢? 事实上,我很高兴
[50:37] I only wish it’d been fatal. 我只希望这能要她的命
[50:39] It might be yet. Everything’s a bit touch and go. 有可能,什么都有可能发生
[50:42] It’s funny how life boils down to this. 生活最后成了这样 真是有意思
[50:45] Life is nothing if not totally ironic. 生活完全就是一个讽刺
[50:49] Usually brilliant. Well done. Well done, as always. 太棒了,真是太棒了,一如既往
[50:53] – There she is. Hello, darlin’. – Oh, hi. – 她在这儿呢,嗨,亲爱的 – 嗨
[50:56] – How are you? You were fantastic again. – I’m all right. – 感觉怎么样? 你还是那么棒 – 挺好的
[50:58] – This is Kate and Terry. – Oh, lovely to meet you. – 这是凯特和特瑞 – 哦,很高兴认识你
[51:00] They’ve been dying to meet you. I’ve been going on and on and on about you. 他们早就想见你了 因为我整天不停地念叨你
[51:03] – Brother. Nice to meet you. – Yeah, I loved it. – 嗨,很高兴认识你 – 啊,我真的喜欢你的表演
[51:05] Thank you so much. It was really nice of you to come. 太感谢了 你们能来真好
[51:08] – Brilliant. – Thank you. It means a lot. – 太棒了 – 谢谢
[51:10] What are you up to this evening? Do you wanna- Do you wanna join us? 你们今晚有事吗?要不要和我们一起?
[51:13] We’re going to a party. My friend finished filming today. 我们要去参加一个派队 我有朋友的戏今天杀青
[51:15] – Oh, yeah, yeah. – Yeah? – 好啊,好啊 – 来吗?
[51:16] – Yeah, that’d be great. – It’s okay with you? – 当然 – 你觉得呢?
[51:18] Yeah, that’d be great. Bit of a squeeze, though, Terry. Bit of a crush. 行啊,挺好的,只是有点儿挤
[51:21] – I’ll manage. – Hold your stomach in. – 没问题 – 你可以把你的肚子收起来
[51:35] I can see why you’re so crazy about Angela. 我明白你为什么这么迷恋安吉拉了
[51:37] She’s very, very different from the women you’ve known. 她跟你以前认识的女人真得不一样
[51:39] I’ve never been with anyone like her before. 我从没遇到过她这样的女人
[51:41] And we’ve known a few juicy ones. 有一些还是很性感的
[51:43] Do you remember Fenella Griffith? 你还记得福瑞拉 格里菲思吗?
[51:45] Remember her? You passed her off to me. How could I forget? 当然,你把她甩给我了,我怎么会忘
[51:48] You make it sound like it wasn’t the biggest favor in the world. 别说得这么满不在乎 那可是给你小子拣了大便宜
[51:51] I never said she wasn’t wonderfully depraved. 她的确是个尤物
[51:53] Angela’s better than that, though. She’s innocent and also depraved. 但和安吉拉根本没得比, 安吉拉清纯,性感,真正的极品
[51:58] She’s working class, but classy. And that smile, Terry, that smile. 她出身不高,但举止优雅 特瑞,你看她笑得多美
[52:01] Lovely. Oh, she’s lovely. 可爱,她真是太可爱了
[52:03] Look at the two of them. Dancin’ and laughin’ like there’s no tomorrow. 你看她们俩,又笑又跳 多么无忧无虑
[52:07] “Ain’t life grand,” Terry? Do you know what that’s from? “Ain’t life grand?” “生活多么美好啊”,你知道这话 出自哪儿吗?“生活多么美好”
[52:14] One day you reach a point and there is no tomorrow, Ian. 等哪天我们越过底线 就再也没有明天了,伊恩
[52:18] Oh, Terry. 哦,特瑞
[52:19] All right, look, we just have to take care of business. 好吧,听着,我们真的 要盘算这件事了
[52:21] Then it’ll be done and we can move on. 把它解决了我们才能继续生活
[52:25] – I figured out how to do it. – Yeah? – 我有一个想法 – 是吗?
[52:29] Come here. 过来
[52:36] Remember when we were kids? Bobby North from down the road? 你还记得小时候 住在马路那头的博比 诺斯吗?
[52:40] I remember he was a bad kid. 我记得他是个坏孩子
[52:41] Yeah. Yeah, well, me and Bobby made a gun once. He showed me how. 对,有一次我和他做了把枪 他教我的
[52:44] – What, you made one? – Yeah, we made a gun out of wood, right? – 什么,你们做了把枪? – 对,我们用木头做的
[52:47] And-And-And a little piece of metal. It fired one bullet. 还有,还有一小块金属 一次能打一颗子弹
[52:52] Do you ever hear of people talkin’ about a zip gun? 你有没有听说过自制小手枪?
[52:54] Yeah, but was it reliable? 听说过,但是它靠谱吗?
[52:55] It’s the real thing, Ian. You can’t trace it back, all right? 那是真家伙,伊恩 而且不留痕迹
[52:58] Cause when you’re finished, you take the wood, which is most of it, and you burn it. 因为它大部分都是木头 烧完就了事了
[53:02] Then you take the metal pieces and you dump ’em down different sewers. 然后我们可以把金属碎片倒进不同的下水道
[53:04] – Yeah, but one shot, Terry. – What? – 对,但只有一发子弹,特瑞 – 怎么了?
[53:06] You’ll have to make two of them- one each. 你得做两把 一人一把
[53:08] That way if anything happens, or goes wrong, we’ve got a backup. 那样的话如果出了什么差错 我们还有后备
[53:11] Right. Well, I think I can get me hands on a couple of bullets. 好,我应该能多弄出几颗子弹
[53:14] Yeah. I don’t think there’s any question. Two loaded guns. 嗯,要是两把上膛的枪 那就没什么问题了
[53:16] We can make this come off quick and clean. 我们可以干净利落地把事办了
[53:18] What are you in such deep conversation about? Are you plotting an assassination? 你们在这儿商量什么呢? 策划暗杀吗?
[53:22] – Come on, I want to dance. It’s our song. – Yeah? Oh, yeah. All right. – 快来,我想跳舞,这是我们的歌 – 好,来吧
[53:26] On stage. 到台上跳
[53:30] Who was that guy you were talking to? 刚才跟你说话的人是谁?
[53:32] What? Tim? He’s, um, a writer. 什么?提姆? 他是,嗯,一个作家
[53:34] He just sold one of his screenplays to a Hollywood studio. 他刚把一个剧本卖给好莱坞那边的工作室
[53:36] – Well, he couldn’t take his eyes off you. – Is that bad? – 他一直目不转睛盯着你 – 那怎么了?
[53:39] Well, I’m sure it wasn’t thrilling for his wife. 我看他妻子得气得发抖
[53:42] That wasn’t his wife, that was his date. Are you angry with me? 那不是他妻子,那只是他的女伴 你生我气了?
[53:45] I know what’s in his mind. 我知道他在想什么
[53:47] Ian, I don’t affect everyone the way that I affect you. 伊恩,我不是对每个人都像对你这样
[53:50] If I did, my career would have taken off a long time ago. 如果我那么做的话 我的事业早就起飞了
[53:53] – Look, Angela, you are always flirting. – Oh, Ian, don’t be angry with me. – 安吉拉,你总是太招摇 – 哦,伊恩,别生我的气
[53:57] I was really looking forward to taking you to bed tonight. 我现在就盼着今晚跟你上床
[54:01] Sorry to interrupt. There’s Evan Macy over there. I love him. 不好意思打扰你们 埃文 梅西在那边,我很喜欢他
[54:05] I’d give anything for his autograph, but I don’t want to seem obnoxious or nothing. 我特别想要他的签名 但我不想自讨没趣或者…
[54:08] Well, I-I know him. We did a TV film together. I could introduce you if you like. 哦,我认识他,我们一起拍过电视电影 如果你愿意,我可以介绍你们认识
[54:12] – No, really? – Yeah, of course. – 真的吗? – 来吧
[54:14] Oh, yeah. 哦,太好了
[54:17] So just imagine it, right? 你想象一下
[54:19] I’m there with aces up. 我在玩纸牌
[54:21] And he bets, bets big. 他接着下注,赌大
[54:24] All right. I see this little tick in his cheek. 我看到他脸上表情不太对
[54:29] I-I called him for ?0,000 and I won. 就叫了三万英镑 然后我赢了
[54:35] I’ve been playing poker most of my life. 我玩了大半辈子牌
[54:38] And I can tell you it’s a fact… 我可以告诉你一件事
[54:40] there’s more skill to poker than chess. 扑克比象棋更注重技巧
[54:43] Martin Burns. I’m a friend of John Fowler. 马丁 彭斯 我是约翰 福勒的朋友
[54:47] – John- – The producer. – 约翰 – 那个制片人
[54:49] We were at university together. 我们一起上的大学
[54:51] In those days, I kept myself in fine style playing poker. 那段时间我牌一直玩得很顺
[54:55] You obviously play high stakes, Mr., uh- 听起来你玩得很大,你叫…
[54:58] Sometimes. 有时候是
[55:01] I met my ex-wife at a poker game years ago. 我是打牌时候认识的前妻
[55:04] When she left me, she said I neglected her because I preferred playing. 她离开我的时候说我太爱打牌 完全忽视了她
[55:07] It wasn’t true. But her lawyers used it as a strategy. 其实不是这样的 但她的律师利用了这一点
[55:12] My dad taught me poker. 是我爸爸教我玩的扑克
[55:15] He was a poor man, ran a restaurant down in the south coast. 他很穷 在南边的海滨开了家餐馆
[55:18] Taught me the ins and outs of the game, lucky too. 他教给我打牌的所有细节 包括运气
[55:20] I could never have kept myself on my expensive habits on his salary. 但我从来没有从他的工资里拿钱去玩牌
[55:26] Terry, Kate’s looking for you. 特瑞,凯特在找你
[55:28] Ian, Martin Burns. My brother, Ian. 伊恩,马丁 彭斯 我的哥哥,伊恩
[55:32] We’ve just discovered we’re both poker players. 我们刚刚发现彼此都喜欢打牌
[55:34] There’s a wonderful game in town. I’d invite you both to play… 城里有个很棒的赌场 我想邀请你们一起去…
[55:37] but I have to leave right after the weekend. 但我过了这个周末就要走了
[55:39] This weekend? 这周末?
[55:40] Yeah. Seems I get to London less and less these days. 对,好像我最近在伦敦呆的时间越来越少
[55:43] I thought I’d be here the month, but, uh, seems my presence is required in California. 我以为这次会呆一个月的 但加里福尼亚那边让我回去
[55:48] Well, that’s a great pity if you had your heart set on staying. 哦,如果你一心想留下,那还真是遗憾
[55:51] Ah, well, duty calls. And I will have time to dine with my old mum before I go. 是啊,不过身不由己 走之前我得抽时间和母亲一起吃顿饭
[55:55] She’s 91. At that age, you can go at any moment. 她已经91了,在这个年龄 你随时可能离开
[56:00] Great old girl. Let’s hope I have her genes. 她真是个寿星 希望我有她的基因
[56:02] To life. 干杯
[56:06] Good luck with the poker. 赌场好运
[56:09] – I’m stunned. – You turned white as a ghost. – 吓死我了 – 你脸白得像鬼一样
[56:12] How long have you been talking to him? 你跟他聊了多久?
[56:14] – A couple of minutes, I-I lost my breath. – What about? – 几分钟,我紧张得都快窒息了 – 聊什么?
[56:17] Nothing. Uh, poker, life. 没什么,嗯,扑克,生活
[56:20] What are the chances of that? The last thing we wanted to do was meet him, and then- 这也太巧了! 我们最不希望遇上他,结果就…
[56:23] – What are the odds? – You always said how unpredictable life is. – 这种几率有多大? – 你总是说生活是不可预知的
[56:26] How long will it take you to get those guns made? 你要多久能把枪做好?
[56:29] – I can’t do this, Ian. – Look, Terry, you’ve been drinking. – 我做不了,伊恩 – 特瑞,你喝太多了
[56:31] You lose your confidence when you’re drunk. 你一喝醉就没信心
[56:34] Listen. I can’t keep begging you to do this with me. He’s leaving in a couple of days. 我不能总这样求着你跟我一起做 他没几天活头了
[56:40] – Are you in or out? – I never said I wouldn’t do it, right? – 你干还是不干? – 我没说我不干,好吗?
[56:43] Well, then, pull yourself together. 那你就振作点
[56:46] Ian. 伊恩
[56:50] I had such a wonderful time. 我今晚太开心了
[56:53] Angela’s lovely, ain’t she? She’s not at all snobby. 安吉拉很可爱,她一点都不势利
[56:56] She said she’d take me shopping. 她说她要带我去购物
[56:59] I love the way she dresses. 我好喜欢她穿衣服的风格
[57:01] I thought it might be way out of my range, but she said no. 我说我不可能穿得那么好看 但她说不一定
[57:04] – What are you thinking? – Nothing. – 你在想什么? – 没什么
[57:06] Who was that man you was talking to at the bar? 在吧台和你聊天的人是谁?
[57:09] – Is that Mr. Burns? – How do you know Mr. Burns? – 是彭斯先生吧 – 你怎么知道他?
[57:12] I was introduced. He’s sweet, isn’t he? 别人介绍的 他人很好,对吗?
[57:15] Didn’t he know your Uncle Howard? 他好像认识你的舅舅霍华德?
[57:17] Is that what you was talking to him about? 你和他说这个了?
[57:19] You told him Howard was our uncle? 你跟他说霍华德是我们舅舅了?
[57:21] It just seemed to come up, ’cause he’s on the board of one of Howard’s foundations. 他在霍华德一个基金的董事会里 于是很自然就提到了
[57:24] That’s what he said. Actually, he was looking for you just before we left. 都是他说的 我们离开之前他还在找你呢
[57:28] Well, why did you have to mention it, Kate? 你干嘛要提这个呢,凯特?
[57:30] What are you getting so upset for? We spoke for two minutes if that. 你怎么了?这么生气? 我们就聊了两分钟
[57:35] Although I did get the impression he’s got mixed feelings about your uncle. 不过我觉得他对你舅舅的态度很复杂
[57:39] Yeah, he seemed a little sarcastic. I could be wrong. 他好像有点儿讽刺 也可能是我误解了
[57:42] Did-Did he, uh, imply bad things about Howard? 他有没有,嗯 暗示霍华德有什么不好?
[57:45] Yeah, I got that impression. 对,我有也这么觉得
[57:47] Actually, he was really surprised to hear that you were his nephew. 他听说你是霍华德的外甥非常吃惊
[57:50] Christ. 天啊
[57:52] Kate, my head’s splitting. 凯特,我头疼得要裂了
[57:55] – You drank too much. Take some aspirin. – I need my codeine. – 你喝多了,吃点阿司匹林 – 我要可待因
[57:59] – No, Terry, you can’t mix with that stuff. – Christ, where’d I put it? – 不行,特瑞,你应该少用它们 – 它在哪儿?
[58:02] It’s in the kitchen in the cupboard. 在厨房的碗柜里
[58:04] Kate, what’s it doing in the cupboard in the- 凯特,你干嘛把它放碗柜里
[58:06] I leave it in a certain place for a certain reason. I leave it in the medicine cabinet. 我把它放在固定的地方是有原因的 它应该在医药箱里
[58:10] Don’t move things around, please. 别随便动东西
[58:14] Jesus.
[58:30] Just pull it back… 往后扳
[58:33] – and let it go. – Right. – 然后松开 – 好
[58:53] All right? 准备好了吗?
[59:21] This is his flat. 这是他家
[59:23] Ground floor. It’s right in the front. 一楼,进门左转
[59:25] If we could get in there, we could surprise him when he comes home. 如果我们能进去 就能在他回家的时候把事情搞定
[59:28] All right. 好
[59:32] Right. I’ve got some tools at the garage that can get us in. 我车库里的工具可以把门撬开
[59:36] I think it’s our best shot, Terry. 这是我们最好的地点,特瑞
[59:39] – Let’s do it tonight. – Yeah? Are you up to it? – 我们今晚就干吧 – 你决定了?
[59:42] – I can’t stand the waiting around. – No, you’re right. – 我不能再等了 – 对,你是对的
[59:44] Look, he always eats out. So we just need to get in there. 他总在外面吃饭,我们只需要进去等着
[59:47] And then we’ll wait for him, and we’ll do him when he gets back from dinner. 等他吃完晚饭回来,一枪搞定
[59:51] I hope I have the nerve when the moment comes, Ian. 希望到时我能撑得住
[59:53] Don’t let me down, Terry. Look, it’s simple. 别让我失望,特瑞,很简单的事
[59:57] I’m gonna shoot him. And then you shoot him again in the head, just to make certain. 到时我先来,然后你再往他头上补一枪
[1:00:02] Or else you shoot him and I’ll finish him off. 或者你先开,我来补
[1:00:29] Should have got a taxi, Ian. Had to give your name and address and everything. 我们为什么不叫的士 那样就不用登记个人信息了
[1:00:32] No, no, no, no. We need a car standing by in case something goes wrong. 不不不,我们需要一辆车以防万一
[1:00:35] What could go wrong? What are you saying? 万一?你指什么?
[1:00:37] I’m not saying something will go wrong, but if something did go wrong… 当然最好没有,不过万一出了什么意外
[1:00:40] we need to have a car. 我们需要一辆车
[1:00:43] Who’s taking a taxi if something goes wrong? 的士到那时可来不及
[1:00:54] Here he is. Look. 你看,他来了
[1:01:09] All right, let’s go. 好,我们走
[1:01:34] – Come on, Terry. – Be quiet. – 快,特瑞 – 小声点儿
[1:02:16] – We have to be careful of this window. – Right. – 我们要小心这窗户 – 对
[1:02:19] Don’t touch anything. 什么也别碰
[1:02:22] What do we do now? 我们现在做什么?
[1:02:24] We just wait. 就等着
[1:02:33] – Do you want some? – No. Put it away, Terry. – 你要吗? – 不,把它收起来,特瑞
[1:02:45] What’s that? 怎么办?
[1:02:47] Just leave it. Don’t answer it. 别管它
[1:02:49] Hello, this is Martin Burns. I’m out. Leave a message after the tone. 你好,我是马丁 彭斯 现在不在家,有事请留言
[1:02:55] Hello, love. It’s Mum. 亲爱的,我是老妈
[1:02:57] Oh, sorry to miss you, but I’ve had to change tomorrow’s dinner to 7:00. 明天的晚餐改到7点
[1:03:03] Looking forward to seeing you. Bye for now. 到时见
[1:03:18] Terry, what are you thinking? 特瑞,你在想什么?
[1:03:23] What if there’s a God, Ian? 如果上帝在那儿,伊恩
[1:03:27] I mean, what if… 我是说,如果…
[1:03:31] all those nights we used to lay awake, you know, in the dark… 还记得我们以前躺在床上,在黑暗里
[1:03:37] and curse the fate of every human soul… 咒骂命运不公
[1:03:41] what if we was too angry? 会不会是我们太愤怒了?
[1:03:43] No. No. 不,不
[1:03:45] Don’t turn your back on what you know in your heart to be true… 不要因为眼前的任务难办就动摇
[1:03:49] just ’cause we’re facing a d- a difficult task. 你心里知道什么是真的
[1:03:51] Yeah, but we’re crossing the line here. 对,但我们越过底线了
[1:03:53] There’s no going back from this. I tell you, I’ve said it before. 我们不该这么做,我之前和你说过的
[1:03:56] I don’t wanna go back, Brother, and neither do you. 我也不想的
[1:03:59] – We need to look to the future. – A taxi. It’s him. – 但我们要考虑未来 – 的士,他来了
[1:04:02] Right. All right. Now remember, we wait till he gets in… 对,是他,记着,等他进来
[1:04:06] let him shut the door, we let him get in the flat, right? 让他关好门,进到房间
[1:04:09] And then we come out quick, surprise him, and then we just do it. 然后我们冲出去,解决他
[1:04:11] – Right. – All right? We just do it. – 好 – 没问题?我们能行的
[1:04:14] Right. Let’s go. 好,来吧
[1:04:25] The beef was nice, wasn’t it? Can I have a drink? 刚才的牛排味道真好 我能喝一杯吗?
[1:04:28] Yeah. 当然
[1:04:32] Oh, wow. Look at that garden. 哇,你看这花园
[1:04:36] – Do you like it? – It’s gorgeous. – 你喜欢吗? – 太美了
[1:04:39] It’s nice. 是的
[1:04:41] – Do you look after it? – No, the gardener does. – 是你照理的吗? – 不,有园丁来做
[1:04:48] – Christ. – Terry, we’re gonna have to do her too. – 妈的 – 特瑞,我们得把她也给干掉
[1:04:51] – Not me. I’m not doing her. – Well, then what we gonna do? – 不,我不干 – 那我们该怎么办?
[1:04:54] We’ve mucked it up. I’m not doing the woman. 我们已经把事弄糟了,我不能杀那个女的
[1:04:56] Okay, okay. You’re right. But what are we gonna do? 好吧,好吧,你是对的 那我们应该怎么办?
[1:05:02] I can’t kill her just because she’s here, Ian. It’s wrong. 不能因为她刚好在这儿我们就把她杀了,这是错的!
[1:05:05] All right. Look, I don’t disagree. 我知道,我也知道
[1:05:07] Oh, Terry, are we screwed. 哦,特瑞,这下乱了
[1:05:12] San Francisco, L.A. 旧金山
[1:05:14] Anyone traveling with you? 有人和你一起去吗?
[1:05:16] – No, I’m traveling on me own. – Need a passenger? – 没有,就我自己 – 要找个伴吗?
[1:05:20] – Fancy a trip? – I’d love to. – 喜欢旅行? – 嗯哼
[1:05:33] – Do you have what you came in for? – Yes. – 你找到要拿的东西了吗? – 是的
[1:05:35] I’ll be sleeping over at yours tonight. I just need a change of clothes, and, uh- 我今晚睡你那儿,我需要换洗的衣服,还有…
[1:05:41] uh, my laptop. 哦,我的笔记本
[1:05:46] And we can go. 我们可以走了
[1:05:53] Okay. 好
[1:06:04] We’ll have to do it tomorrow night at his mother’s. I can find out where she lives. 我们只好等明晚再下手了 我能查到他母亲的地址
[1:06:07] I was gonna do it, Ian. You saw me. But then the woman arrived. 你看见了,伊恩 我刚才是要动手的,要不是那个女人
[1:06:10] I would’ve done it, though. You saw me, Ian. I was ready. Oh, Christ. 你看见了,我都准备好了,哦,天哪.
[1:06:20] I told you I was only borrowing this money from the safe. 我和你说过,我只是暂时用下这笔钱
[1:06:22] I can’t believe you thought I was taking it. 你不会认为我想把它们拿走吧
[1:06:25] I told you it was just a loan. 只是贷款,你看,这些是利息
[1:06:27] And, Dad, there’s a nice, big bonus in here for you.
[1:06:29] Don’t tell me that won’t come in handy. 别告诉我你用不上
[1:06:32] Where’d you get money like that, Ian? 你从哪儿弄来的钱,伊恩?
[1:06:35] You know, I’m involved in certain business ventures. 你知道的,我在做一些商业投资
[1:06:38] What sort of business ventures? 什么商业投资?
[1:06:40] I told you. The hotels. 我和你说过的,旅馆
[1:06:42] Wait, I thought you said that your hotel deals had been delayed. 我记得你说过要把它往后推一推
[1:06:47] Well, this is an advance. Will you just take it? 现在提前了,你能拿着它吗?
[1:06:50] – Where’s it coming from? – Will you just take it? – 这些钱从哪来的? – 你能不能就先拿着?
[1:06:52] Look, soon this place will be back on its feet and you won’t be so dependent on me. 这个地方很快就会重新上轨道 你也可以不再需要我
[1:06:56] – Where are you going? – Well, I’m not gonna work here forever. – 你要去哪儿? – 我不可能永远呆在这儿
[1:06:59] – Well, who’s gonna run things? – Oh, Dad, give me a break. – 那谁来打理这餐馆? – 爸,给我点自由吧
[1:07:04] Look. 爸
[1:07:06] You know that- that I love you. 你知道我爱你
[1:07:10] I mean, I’ve stuck it out here all these years, even though it’s not for me… 这些年我一直呆在这儿,不是为了自己
[1:07:13] because of loyalty to you. 是因为你
[1:07:15] And I know that some of those business plans in the past didn’t pan out… 之前我的那些商业计划的确不成功
[1:07:18] but this one is different, Dad. 但这次不一样
[1:07:20] This one is different. 这次真的不一样
[1:07:22] And I’m just mad about the girl. 而且我遇见了一个女人
[1:07:30] It’s funny how life has a life of its own. 看来人人都要开始自己的生活
[1:07:35] – Oh, Dad, Dad- – No, you’re right, Ian. – 哦,爸 – 不,你是对的,伊恩
[1:07:38] Nobody wants to be selfish, but everybody is. 人人都是自私的
[1:07:41] No, you’re not. 不,你不是的
[1:07:44] I have been. 我也一样
[1:07:46] And it’s because- I think it’s because I’ve been scared. 我一直很担心…
[1:07:51] You’re a good boy. I’ve always thought you had potential. 你是个好孩子,我一直觉得你该有更好的前途
[1:07:54] You’re both good boys, you and your brother. 你们兄弟都是好孩子
[1:07:57] I’ve always wanted to make sure… 我总是想确定
[1:08:00] that I’ve loved you and Terry absolutely equally. 我对你和特瑞的爱是不是一样的
[1:08:05] Well, you have, you-you absolutely have. 当然是的
[1:08:09] Dad, don’t worry about a thing. 爸,别担心
[1:08:11] Everything’s gonna be fine. 一切都会没问题的
[1:08:14] Everything’s gonna be fine. I promise. 一切都会没问题的,我保证
[1:08:17] All right. 好吧
[1:08:24] I thought I was pregnant. It’s a false alarm. 我还以为我怀孕了,不过是个假信号
[1:08:27] – Pregnant? – Yeah. – 怀孕? – 对啊
[1:08:29] – I was late. I’m never late, am I? – But you’re not. That’s a relief. – 最近我的那个来晚了,以前从来没有过 – 还好你没怀上,让我松了口气
[1:08:33] Why? 为什么?
[1:08:35] I think it would be great. We always talked about it. – 有孩子挺好的,我们一直在谈论这件事啊 – 哦,是的
[1:08:39] Yeah, some day. 我们能应付得来,你舅舅现在还能在经济上帮你一把
[1:08:39] We can swing it. Now your uncle’s helped you out financially.
[1:08:42] And you said that he might help you out with that loan for that sport shop idea. 你说他可能可以帮助你贷款开个体育商店
[1:08:48] I think you’d make such a good dad. 你一定会是个好爸爸
[1:08:50] And just think, if we had boys, you know, you could teach them to play football or something. 想想,如果我们有了男孩,你能教他们踢足球
[1:08:55] Right. 对
[1:08:59] – You’re not hungry? – Not really, love. – 你不饿吗? – 不太饿
[1:09:02] – It’s very nice. – It’s your favorite. – 看着挺好吃 – 你平时最喜欢的
[1:09:04] I know. Can I get a whiskey, please? 我知道,能给我瓶威士忌吗?
[1:09:09] – A whiskey? – Yeah. – 威士忌? – 对
[1:09:11] – I don’t know if we got any left. – It’s in my drawer. – 我不知道我们还有没有 – 在我抽屉里
[1:09:29] – You’re late. – Sorry, sorry. – 你迟到了 – 对不起,对不起
[1:09:32] Oh, Jesus Christ. You’ve been drinking. 哦,天哪,你居然喝酒了
[1:09:35] I’m fine. I said I’m fine. Just leave it at that, all right? 没事的,我说了我没事的,开车吧
[1:09:39] Let’s just do it, Brother, before I change my mind. 赶紧把事情做了,趁我改变主意之前
[1:09:41] – Have you got the guns? – Here. Right here. And the bullets. – 你带枪了吗? – 带了,子弹在这儿
[1:09:44] All right, all right. Don’t load them now. 好了,好了,别在这儿装弹
[1:09:46] – Are you too drunk to handle this, Terry? – I said I’m fine. – 你没喝得太醉吧,特瑞? – 我说了我没事
[1:09:49] – All right, let’s just go. – Right. – 好吧,我们走 – 好
[1:09:52] We’ll go up to him when he’s on his own, we shoot him… 等他一个人的时候,我们上前开枪
[1:09:54] and then I’ll put a second one in him just to make certain. 到时我来补第二枪…
[1:09:56] I know what to do, Ian. Right? You don’t always have to run things. 我知道该怎么做,伊恩 别再说个不停了
[1:10:00] – Can you handle this, the state you’re in? – Worry about yourself. – 你现在这个状态能干事吗? – 担心你自己吧
[1:10:03] All right? I’ll take care of him. Just- 好吧?我能搞定他的,走
[1:10:07] – Have you got the address? – Yeah, I’ve got it. Let’s get this over with. – 你知道地址了? – 对,让我们去把事情给了了
[1:10:16] Don’t worry about the restaurant. 别为餐馆担心
[1:10:19] I can help you if you need me. 到时我能帮你的
[1:10:26] I dreamed about the boys last night. 昨晚我又梦见孩子们了
[1:10:28] Again? 又梦到了?
[1:10:32] When they were younger. 梦到他们小时候
[1:10:53] There he is. Let’s take him now. 他在那儿,我们走吧
[1:10:56] Wait. You don’t wanna let him see his mum for the last time? 等一下,你不想让他最后见一面老妈吗?
[1:10:58] – What? – You make me sick. – 什么? – 你太冷血了
[1:11:00] Let him see the old lady. 让他去见他老妈
[1:11:03] You’re drunk, Terry. It’s a disgrace turning up on a job like this drunk. 你喝醉了,特瑞,要工作的时候喝成这样真丢人
[1:11:06] Look, we’ve probably missed our last opportunity now. 看,我们要把最后的机会给丢了
[1:11:09] We’ll get him when he comes out. 我们可以等他出来的时候
[1:11:11] Christ. You don’t care about anyone in this world except yourself. 天哪,除了自己 你根本不关心世界上其他人
[1:11:15] You’re not a big shot, Ian. You’re a small stakes player. 你不是什么大人物,伊恩 你就是一个普通人
[1:11:18] I don’t care how many hotels you wind up running or how hot that girl is. 我可不在意你能开多少家旅店 或者身边的女人怎么样
[1:11:22] Why don’t you shut up? 你能不能闭嘴?
[1:11:24] I bet you had a big handful of those pills that guy keeps you supplied with as well. 我看你是吃多了药
[1:11:27] I’m fine. 我很好
[1:11:29] We’ll kill him when he comes out. 等他出来的时候,我们会把他给杀了
[1:13:40] – Mr. Burns. – Hey? – 彭斯先生 – 嗨
[1:13:43] Oh, that’s right. I remember you. We met at that, uh, party. 哦,我记得你们,我们在聚会上见过
[1:13:45] – Yeah. We-We thought it was you. – I understand you’re Howard Swann’s nephews. – 对,我们看好像是你 – 哦,你们是霍华德的外甥
[1:13:48] That’s right. – 对 – 你们在这儿干嘛?你们也住在这附近吗?
[1:13:49] What are you doing around here? You live around here?
[1:13:51] – No. Ian? – Do it now. – 不,伊恩? – 干吧
[1:13:53] – Let’s just do it now. – Hey, what’s going on? – 就现在 – 嘿,你们要干嘛?
[1:13:55] Terry, do it! Do it now! 特瑞,快!快!
[1:14:19] What are you thinking? 你在想什么?
[1:14:23] That then was then. 过去是过去
[1:14:27] And now is now. 现在是现在
[1:14:31] And we’ve done it and it’s over. 过去的都已经过去了
[1:14:35] And it’s always now. 我们永远活在现在
[1:14:39] It went much smoother than I thought, Ian. 事情比我想得顺利,伊恩
[1:14:42] And not a soul around. 没有灵魂出来
[1:14:45] We’re lucky he chose that path. 我们运气很好,他走了那条小道
[1:14:47] Yeah, no one saw us. 对,没人看见我们
[1:14:49] And we did the right thing. 我们干得很好
[1:14:52] We didn’t run back to the car. We just walked calmly back. 我们没有跑回车上 而是若无其事地走回来
[1:14:55] Yeah. 对
[1:14:57] There’s a great weight off my back. 我真是如释重负
[1:15:02] You’re right, Ian. 你是对的,伊恩
[1:15:04] It’s now. 现在是现在
[1:15:07] It’s always now. 我们永远生活在现在里
[1:15:11] You better burn his wallet. 你最好把他钱包给烧了
[1:15:32] – Are you okay? – Go back to sleep. – 你还好吧? – 回去睡觉
[1:15:56] – What do you think of this one? – Oh, I love it. – 这件怎么样? – 哦,我很喜欢
[1:15:58] I thought you would. So, are there any new developments on California? 我就想你会喜欢,加里福尼亚那边进行得怎么样了?
[1:16:02] Yeah, I think we can leave in about four or six weeks. We signed the papers today. 很顺利,我们今天刚签了协议 四到六周后大概就可以出发
[1:16:06] Great. Did you see in the papers… 太好了,对了,你看报纸了吗?
[1:16:08] that guy that you were speaking to at the wrap party was murdered? 那天参加聚会的一个人被谋杀了 当时你还和他说过话
[1:16:12] – Who? – Martin- Martin Burns, was it? – 谁? – 马丁- 马丁 彭斯,好像是这个名字
[1:16:16] Oh, really? How bizarre. 哦,真的吗?
[1:16:19] Yeah, well, no one saw or heard anything. 是啊,没有任何目击者
[1:16:22] Didn’t he have some association with your uncle at one point? – 他是不是和你的舅舅还有合作? – 好像是的
[1:16:25] I think he did, yeah.
[1:16:26] – What do you think of this one? – As if you have to ask. – 这件你觉得怎么样? – 一定要回答吗
[1:16:39] You know, I’ll never forget you boys, what you did for me. 孩子们,我不会忘记你们为我做的
[1:16:43] I owe you my life. 我欠你们一辈子
[1:16:45] And the joy of repaying you gives me such pleasure. 如果我能回报你们点儿什么,我会非常高兴
[1:16:49] Now, Terry, you- Look, you spoke about, uh… 特瑞,我记得你说过
[1:16:53] you know, the notion of opening a- a sports shop if you had the backing? 如果有资金,你打算开一家体育店?
[1:16:58] No, it’s okay. 哦,说说而已
[1:17:01] No, look. Look, cheer up. 不,不,你该向前看
[1:17:04] The worst is behind you. I’m here to tell you that the- the future is rosy. 噩梦已经过去了,我告诉你,前边一片光明
[1:17:09] Terry, Uncle Howard’s right. 特瑞,霍华德舅舅说得对
[1:17:12] Stop walking around with that face on. 别再犹豫不决了
[1:17:14] This is your chance to get away from that cheap idiot at the garage… 你该离开那破修车铺
[1:17:18] and make your own life. 开始自己的人生
[1:17:20] – Where are they? Is that them? – Yes. – 那是他们吗? – 对
[1:17:22] – Angela, I’m so nervous. – You’re fine. They’ll love you. – 安吉拉,我有点儿紧张 – 别担心,他们会喜欢你的
[1:17:26] – Hello. – Hello. Oh, it’s nice to see you, sir. I’m Ian. – 你好 – 你好,哦,很高兴见到你们,我是伊恩
[1:17:30] Nice to meet you. Heard a lot about you. 很高兴见到你,早听说了
[1:17:32] – Hello. You have a nice trip? – Very good, thank you. – 路上还顺利吧? – 很顺利
[1:17:35] – Let me take your bag. – We’ve been really looking forward to this. – 来,把包给我 – 这次旅行我们期待很久了
[1:17:37] – Yeah, it’ll be great. – Your hair. – 是吗 – 哦,看你头发
[1:17:41] – So how’s your play doing, love? – It’s going well. It’s still selling out at weekends. – 宝贝,你的戏剧怎么样? – 挺好的,周末都是满座
[1:17:45] – Oh, well, that’s to see you take your clothes off. – Mom! – 哦,那是他们想看你脱衣服 – 妈妈!
[1:17:48] – So what do you do, Ian? – Uh, hotels. – 你是做什么的,伊恩? – 嗯,旅馆
[1:17:50] – Hotels? Which ones? – Yeah, I got a couple in, uh, California. – 旅馆?什么样的? – 我在加利福尼亚那儿有一些投资
[1:17:54] Oh, yes, Angela said you were planning an extended stay out there. 哦,是的,安吉拉说你打算到那儿发展一段时间
[1:17:57] – Well, very extended, I hope. – California. – 对,我是这么打算的 – 加利福尼亚
[1:18:00] I’m starving. Where are we eating? 我饿了,我们去哪儿吃饭?
[1:18:02] – I’m taking you all to Claridge’s. – Oh, is it nice? – 我带你们去卡拉吉 – 哦,那儿怎么样?
[1:18:05] – Lovely. – No, it’s on us, though. – 很棒 – 好,我们来请
[1:18:07] No, no, no. This treat is on me. Yeah. 不,不,不,当然得算我的
[1:18:09] Oh, thank you. Very nice of you. 哦,谢谢,那太感激了
[1:18:11] Oh, they’re really lovely, your parents. Lovely. 你的父母真得很可爱,很可爱
[1:18:13] – Oh, I can’t get California out of my mind. – I know. – 一想到加里福尼亚,我就很兴奋 – 我知道
[1:18:16] I’ve spoken to Uncle Howard and everything is right on track. 我已经和霍华德舅舅谈过了 一切都非常顺利
[1:18:23] Thank you. 谢谢
[1:18:25] – She’s beautiful, isn’t she? – Very, very. – 她很漂亮,是吗? – 绝对
[1:18:27] A bit high maintenance, though. 不过开销不小,对吗
[1:18:31] – You up to it? – I certainly hope so. – 你打算维持下去吗? – 非常希望
[1:18:35] She could’ve had the pick of any man, that girl. 她能征服任何男人
[1:18:37] Well, I realize I’m very lucky. I do realize that. 是的,我一直觉得我很幸运,真得很幸运
[1:18:40] I always dreaded the thought that she might wind up with some starving actor in the theater. 我经常担心她会找个剧院里饥寒交迫的演员
[1:18:46] Not that I’ve anything against the theater, mind you… 不是我对戏剧有什么排斥
[1:18:48] but… a man who knows his way around the world of business, well- 但是…比起你这样懂得在商场上发展的男人
[1:18:54] There was a time when I could’ve invested in some ventures… 我也曾经有机会做些投资
[1:18:57] but I didn’t have the stomach for the risk. 但我没那个胆量
[1:19:01] So I spent my life behind the wheel of a car driving other men. 所以一辈子都在给别人开车
[1:19:10] She says you’ve got a future. 她说你很有希望
[1:19:16] Oh, God. 哦,天哪
[1:19:18] – What is it? – I can’t take it. – 怎么了? – 我受不了了
[1:19:20] – Take it easy. It’s all right. – I need another pill. – 放轻松,没事的 – 我要吃药
[1:19:23] No, Terry. You can’t take so many of those, not with all that alcohol. 不,特瑞,你不能再吃药了
[1:19:26] Kate, leave me alone. I’ve gotta get rid of this feeling of panic. 凯特,别管我,我不要再这样惊恐下去
[1:19:30] – Why should you be feeling panicked? – I don’t know. – 为什么你会感到惊恐? – 我不知道
[1:19:33] I just need the pill. Christ, I can’t even get a decent night’s sleep. 我要吃药,我一直就没睡好
[1:19:37] All right. 好吧
[1:19:42] My car didn’t have that dent when I brought it in. 我把车拿来的时候,这儿没有凹痕
[1:19:45] – It had to have been there. Nobody’s touched it. – No, you put a dent in my car. – 它就停在这儿,没人动它 – 不,是你弄的
[1:19:48] – How the hell would I dent it? – I don’t know. – 我他妈的弄它干嘛? – 我怎么知道
[1:19:50] What’s going on? – 怎么了? – 你看,我车上有一个凹痕,有人开了我的车
[1:19:51] There’s a dent, look, in my car. Someone’s driven my car.
[1:19:54] – Will you shut up? What are you accusing me of? – Someone has to have driven it. – 你能不能闭嘴?你凭什么怀疑我? – 一定有人开过它
[1:19:56] Look where you point your finger. It could get broken. 注意你的手,别到处乱指
[1:19:59] – Calm down. Calm down. – Get your hands off me. – 别吵,别吵 – 把手拿开
[1:20:01] Sorry, Mr. Finn. Just give us a minute. 对不起,芬恩先生,给我们一点儿时间
[1:20:03] I’ll sort out your bodywork for you. 我会帮你再做检查
[1:20:05] I need a word with you. What the hell’s the matter with you? 我要和你谈一谈,你怎么了?
[1:20:07] Look, I’m not at all pleased with the way things are going around here lately. All right? 我对你最近的表现很不满意
[1:20:11] Hey! There’s another one here. 嘿!这儿还有一个
[1:20:17] Yeah, I miss you too. 我也想你
[1:20:20] Nobu. Yeah, I made reservations for after the show. 对,我已经预约了,等你表演结束以后
[1:20:24] Who’s that? Look, I’ll see you later. All right? Bye. 谁?有人来了,我先挂了
[1:20:30] – Hey. Are you all right? – I need to speak to you. – 嘿,怎么是你? – 我要和你谈一谈
[1:20:33] Well, I wish you’d called first. I’m expecting some guys over for a conference call. 你应该先给我打电话,一会儿我在这儿有个电话会议
[1:20:36] I’m having bad thoughts. 我的心思很乱
[1:20:38] What kind of bad thoughts? 怎么个乱法?
[1:20:43] We did a terrible thing, Ian. 我们干了非常坏的事,伊恩
[1:20:45] – Oh, Jesus, can you just get past it? – I’m trying. – 哦,你就不能忘了它? – 我也想
[1:20:49] – I should never have let you talk me into it. – I didn’t. – 我当时真不应该听你的 – 我也不想
[1:20:53] Terry, you needed his help. Loan sharks were gonna break your legs… 特瑞,你需要他的帮助 要不然高利贷早就敲断你的腿了
[1:20:57] and maybe even Kate’s as well. 凯特也难保
[1:20:59] But Martin Burns… 但是马丁 彭斯…
[1:21:02] we stepped on him like he was an insect. 我们像对待昆虫一样把他弄死了
[1:21:05] Look, Terry, I can’t discuss this now. 特瑞,我现在不想谈这些
[1:21:07] I’ve got two guys and a transatlantic conference call coming up. 我和两个伙伴马上要开始跨洋电话会议了
[1:21:11] I can’t go on like this. 我再也受不了了
[1:21:14] Let’s talk about it later. Why aren’t you at the garage? 我们以后再说,你怎么没去修车铺?
[1:21:17] – I got let go. – What does that mean? – 我从那解脱了 – 什么意思?
[1:21:19] The boss said, uh, I-I should take some time off. 老板说,我需要休息一段
[1:21:25] He thinks I’ve been under a lot of strain lately. Thanks for denting the Jaguar. 他说我最近压力太大了 这还得谢谢那辆美洲虎上的凹痕
[1:21:29] Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot to tell you. 哦,对不起,我不知道
[1:21:32] Look. You’ve gotta relax. All right? 看,你需要放松
[1:21:36] Lay off the booze and the pills. 别再喝酒吃药了
[1:21:38] No wonder you’re getting yourself in trouble. 你在自寻烦恼
[1:21:40] I can’t get through the day without drinking. 一不喝酒我就会想起那个晚上
[1:21:42] Look, you’ve got to go home. All right? Rest up. 你先回家吧,好好休息
[1:21:45] I’ll call you later, we’ll get together, all right? 我会打电话给你的,到时再见面
[1:21:48] You’ve gotta ease up. You’ll give yourself a bloody heart attack. 你该放松一点儿,去呼吸些新鲜空气
[1:21:50] Then I’ll die. So I’ll die. 我会死的,我会死的
[1:21:52] Don’t talk like that. What’s the matter with you? 别这么说话,你到底怎么了?
[1:21:57] – Guys, come in, please. – Lovely. 嘿,请进
[1:22:01] Look, I’ll call you later. I’m gonna get you past this, okay? 我再给你电话,我会帮你的,好吗?
[1:22:04] All right. 好
[1:22:15] See, this is more like it, Terry, isn’t it? 看,特瑞,这不很好吗?
[1:22:17] Getting out of the house. 到室外来
[1:22:19] Can’t sit around there too much. Too much thinking. 别坐着一个劲儿胡思乱想
[1:22:24] Kate said you’re not even talking about poker anymore. 凯特说你都不玩扑克了
[1:22:27] Where’s our old Terry? 我们熟悉的特瑞跑哪儿去了?
[1:22:29] – I mean, you’re a gambler. This is you. – Yeah. – 你可是天生的赌徒 – 是的
[1:22:31] I’m not suggesting you go mad or anything, but- 我不要你豪赌或者干嘛
[1:22:33] I’m not the same Terry, Ian. 我已经不是那个特瑞了,伊恩
[1:22:36] – I can’t be anymore. – No, you just have to focus. – 不再是了 – 不,你只是需要转移注意力
[1:22:39] Look, I-I been thinking that you getting the sack… 我在想现在你背的包袱 换个角度也许是件好事
[1:22:42] is maybe the best thing that ever happened to you. 什么?
[1:22:43] What? 现在是最好的时候去开始经营你的体育用品店
[1:22:44] Yeah. Now is the perfect time to start thinking about setting up the sport shop.
[1:22:48] I mean, Uncle Howard said he would start you off. You’d be your own boss. 霍华德舅舅说过他会帮你 你可以成为自己的老板
[1:22:52] No more kowtowing to superiors. And you love sports. – 没人再对你指手画脚,而且你又那么爱体育 – 是的
[1:22:57] I do. 也许你是对的,伊恩 也许我只是需要一个大的改变
[1:22:57] Maybe you’re right, Ian. Maybe what I need is just a big change.
[1:23:00] Yeah, you need to focus on something substantial. You can’t just do nothing. 对,你需要关注一些实在的事情,不能什么也不干
[1:23:03] – Yeah. – Hey? – 是的 – 对吗?
[1:23:06] I think I’ll do it, Ian. 我想我可以,伊恩
[1:23:08] Yeah, it’s just exactly what you need, Terry. 对,这就是你需要的,特瑞
[1:23:11] Get off the booze and the pills and set up your own place. 离开酒和药片,开始新的人生
[1:23:15] Right, and not just sporting goods. 对,不只是体育用品
[1:23:17] Exercise equipment. 还可以有锻炼器械
[1:23:19] – That’s where the money is today. – Yeah? – 现在这个能赚钱 – 是吗?
[1:23:21] Yeah. Helping people set up their own private gyms and stuff. 对,帮助人们建立他们的私人健身房
[1:23:24] I like the way you’re thinking, Terry. 我很高兴你有这样的想法,特瑞
[1:23:26] ‘Cause you’re thinking forwards. You’re not lookin’ back. – 你开始向前看了,而不是停在过去 – 对
[1:23:29] That’s right. – 你的未来很美好,特瑞 – 是吗?
[1:23:29] – You’ve got a really good future, Terry. – Yeah?
[1:23:31] You do. Listen, I’m not saying that I haven’t had moments… 你知道,想起我们那天做的
[1:23:34] where I’ve thought about what we’ve done, and it’s freaked me out. 我不是一点儿痛苦没有,那种感觉很糟
[1:23:37] – Go on! – We were raised to know right from wrong. – 快! – 我们从中知道好坏
[1:23:39] – Go on! – Did you get that one? – 快! – 你买了那只?
[1:23:41] Look at this. I got a winner. 看,我赢了!
[1:23:44] It’s the beginning of a new streak, Terry. 这是个好兆头,特瑞
[1:23:47] I can feel it, Ian. 我也这么觉得,伊恩
[1:23:52] Could-Could you get this model with the same interior in a left-hand drive… 能仿照这个外部样式 但是驾驶座在左侧吗?
[1:23:56] – say, in California, for instance? – For California. Yeah, certainly. – 比如,我想在加利福尼亚开它? – 当然可以
[1:23:59] And would there be a long waiting list or- 会不会要等很长时间?
[1:24:01] I would think about three or four months. 我想大概三到四个月吧
[1:24:03] – Oh, can I? – Please do. – 哦,我能进去试一试吗? – 当然
[1:24:19] Hey, great scene. You really nailed it. 嘿,刚才真棒
[1:24:23] – You were great. You were great tonight. – Do you think so? – 你今晚表现好极了 – 真的吗?
[1:24:28] The bedroom scenes were so sexy as always. 床戏那段还是那么性感
[1:24:32] Well, I was doing it with him, but I was thinking of you for motivation. 我在和他演的时候,脑子里想的都是你
[1:24:39] Don’t forget. Tomorrow is Lord Eisley’s party. He’s invited the whole cast. 别忘了,明天是罗德 艾斯雷的宴会,他邀请了全剧组
[1:24:42] Yeah. I’m gonna keep my eye on you like a hawk. 好的,我会盯着你的
[1:24:45] You know, his son’s a notorious playboy, and I think he’s asked everyone just to get you there. 要知道,他儿子可是个臭名远扬的花花公子 请那么多人我看就是为了你
[1:24:49] – Uh, what’s that? – Nothing. – 那是什么? – 没什么
[1:24:51] Show me. – 给我看看 – 记得吗?你当时在店里特别喜欢
[1:24:53] I got you these. Remember? You liked them in the shop.
[1:24:55] Oh, my God. They must have cost you a fortune. 哦,天哪,它一定花了你不少钱
[1:25:01] – Hello? – I need to speak to you, Ian. – 喂? – 我要和你谈一谈,伊恩
[1:25:06] Kate, Kate, Kate, calm down. What’s the matter? 凯特,凯特,凯特,冷静一点儿,怎么了
[1:25:10] It’s Terry. I really need to speak to you. 特瑞的事,我真得需要和你谈一谈
[1:25:13] What, now? 现在吗?
[1:25:15] Yeah, now. Is it possible? 对,现在,可以吗?
[1:25:18] Well, look, I’ll see what I can do. 好,我看一下
[1:25:21] I’ll call you back, all right? 我马上给你打回去,好吗?
[1:25:23] – Is everything all right? – Angela, I have to go to my brother’s for a while. – 出什么事了? – 安吉拉,我要到我弟弟那儿去一下
[1:25:27] – There’s a little family problem. – It’s nothing serious, I hope. – 有一点家庭问题 – 不严重吧
[1:25:29] No. That was Kate. You remember? You met her. 不,刚才是凯特,你见过的,记得吗?
[1:25:31] It’s just something’s come up. I’ll see you back at yours in a while. 只是一点儿小事,一会儿你家见
[1:25:34] Well, hurry. I want to show you my gratitude for the earrings. 好,尽快哦,我还没对这对耳环表示感谢呢
[1:25:40] All right. See you later, all right? 好,呆会儿见
[1:25:45] I’m worried about Terry, Ian. 我真得很担心特瑞,伊恩
[1:25:47] What’s the matter? 怎么了?
[1:25:49] It’s his mental health. 他的精神有问题
[1:25:51] No, I know he was worried about losing his job… 我知道他在担心工作的事
[1:25:54] but we were just at the racetrack, and he talked about starting the sport shop. 但我们今天去赛狗的时候 他刚说了他打算开体育店
[1:25:58] No, he’s not interested in that. 不,他对那个没兴趣
[1:26:00] And now he’s angry all the time. 他现在一直很烦躁
[1:26:02] – He’s talking to himself, for God’s sake. – No, we decided. – 他成天自言自语 – 不,我们刚说定的
[1:26:05] He was gonna speak to Uncle Howard about bankrolling it. He was very excited. 他打算让霍华德舅舅给他提供资金,他对此很兴奋
[1:26:08] His mind’s not right, Ian. 他并不真得这么想,伊恩
[1:26:11] You know, what he says one minute doesn’t mean anything the next. 你知道,他前一分钟怎么想并不代表他接下来就会怎么做
[1:26:13] Right. Well, I’m- I’m taken aback. 哦,这我有点儿吃惊
[1:26:17] It’s all the pills he’s taking, and the drinking. 他不停地吃药喝酒
[1:26:19] He thinks he’s killed someone. 他觉得他杀了人
[1:26:25] – What? – Yeah. 什么?
[1:26:27] You know, I knew this girl once, she had, like, mental problems. 我以前认识一个女孩,她有精神问题
[1:26:30] She was convinced that she had run someone over. She hadn’t. 她认为她撞了人,其实没有
[1:26:33] You know, but she was obsessed with it for the rest of her life. 但她一直就这么想
[1:26:36] Does he, uh- Is he going around… 他,他有没有…
[1:26:39] talking- talking about this, uh, murder? 提到过什么谋杀?
[1:26:44] He’s gotten worse and worse. He has these terrible nightmares. 他的情况越来越糟
[1:26:48] He’s uncommunicative, face of doom all the time, bouts of crying. 不和人交流,一直坐在黑暗里,不停地哭泣
[1:26:51] When we were at the dog track, he seemed to have come out of it. 赛狗的时候,他好像已经走出来了
[1:26:54] When he come home, he was straight back in it. 回家以后,他还是老样子
[1:26:57] You know, it’s just- it’s obsession that he’s done this horrible thing. 他就是觉得自己干了什么可怕的事情
[1:27:01] And he- he won’t let me get a doctor. 他也不让我找医生
[1:27:04] No, no, don’t do that. Don’t-Don’t get a doctor. 别,别,别找医生
[1:27:07] If you get a doctor, then it can- I’ll deal with this. 我会处理这件事的
[1:27:11] Well, how? – 你?怎么办? – 这看起来是比我想的严重…
[1:27:12] Well, obviously, it’s a bit more serious than I thought…
[1:27:15] but… if you get a doctor, it could spiral out of control. 但如果你去找医生,会让事情失控的
[1:27:19] – I really think he should see a doctor. – Don’t get a doctor, Kate. Don’t. – 我真得觉得他需要看医生 – 别,凯特,千万不要
[1:27:22] Because I know Terry, and it will only make things worse. All right? 我了解特瑞,找医生只会让事情更糟,知道吗?
[1:27:26] Just- I’m gonna be in the countryside tomorrow, all right? 明天我要去乡下
[1:27:30] And then when I come back, I’ll spend some time with Terry, and it’ll be- 等我回来,我会找时间和特瑞一起
[1:27:33] You’ll see. It’ll be all right. 他会好起来的
[1:27:35] Well, where you gonna be if I need you though? 你要去哪儿,如果我要找你怎么办?
[1:27:38] I’ll let you know my whereabouts, then you can call me. 我会把我的行程告诉你,你有事可以找到我
[1:27:40] I’ll come- I’ll come straight back. 我会直接回来的
[1:27:45] – So you’re a fan of the Greek tragedies too? – Love them. Crazy about them. – 所以你也喜欢希腊悲剧? – 对,爱得发狂
[1:27:49] It’s just rare that I could ever get the chance to act in one. 不过我很少有机会能表演它们
[1:27:51] God, I know. It’s difficult, isn’t it? Which is your favorite, Ian? 对,那难得很,我知道 你最喜欢哪一部,伊恩?
[1:27:54] Oh, I’m not really that-that familiar. 我对这个并不是太熟悉
[1:27:56] Oh, well. Mine’s always been Medea, Euripides. 我最喜欢欧里庇德斯的《美狄亚》
[1:27:59] Yeah, me too. I think Clytemnestra’s probably the best character… 我也很喜欢,我觉得克吕泰涅斯特拉可能是
[1:28:03] – of all classical plays. – Yeah. – 所有古典剧目里最经典的角色 – 是啊
[1:28:05] I have to say, the best productions of Greek myths I’ve ever seen- 我不得不说,我所看过的希腊神话最好的结晶
[1:28:08] better than anything you’ll find on the stage-was done in dance… 不是在戏台上,而是玛莎-葛莱姆剧团的舞蹈
[1:28:10] – by the Martha Graham troupe, you know them? – Really? – 你知道吗? – 真的吗?
[1:28:12] Yeah. I mean, all the terror was there, all the Aristotelian pity and fear. 对,所有的恐惧,包括亚里士多德的悲悯和忧虑
[1:28:16] It’s so much more visceral in dance, don’t you think? 都被凝聚在舞蹈中
[1:28:19] Right. – 布莱恩先生? 你的弟弟在这儿 – 什么?
[1:28:19] – Mr. Blaine? Your brother’s here. – Yeah?
[1:28:21] – What? – He’d like to see you. – 什么? – 他想见你
[1:28:23] Oh. Uh… 哦,嗯…
[1:28:27] could you give me a moment? 我能离开一会儿吗?
[1:28:29] Yeah, sure. Bring him in. – 当然,带他过来 – 他开这么远过来,是不是有什么要紧事?
[1:28:30] It must be pretty bad if he’s driven all the way out here.
[1:28:32] No, l- Uh- It’s just a little family problem. I won’t be long. 哦,不不,只是点儿家庭小问题,我马上回来
[1:28:39] – Oh, I’m sure it’s nothing. – I’m sure. – 希望没事 – 希望如此
[1:28:43] – Your brother’s there, Mr. Blaine. – Thanks. – 你弟弟在这儿,布莱恩先生 – 谢谢
[1:28:53] Terry, what are you doing here? How did you know where I was? 特瑞,你在这儿干嘛?你怎么知道我在这儿?
[1:28:58] Kate had the address. 凯特告诉我的
[1:29:00] – I need to tell you something. – Well, just keep your voice down. – 我要和你谈谈 – 小声点儿
[1:29:03] I don’t want anyone overhearing. Why didn’t you just give me a phone? 我不希望有人听到,你怎么不给我打电话?
[1:29:06] – I want to turn myself in, Ian. – What? – 我想去自首,伊恩 – 什么?
[1:29:09] – We broke God’s law. – God? – 我们违背了上帝的律法 – 上帝?
[1:29:12] Terry, what God? What God, you idiot? 特瑞,什么上帝?哪门子上帝?你脑子坏了吗?
[1:29:15] I shouldn’t have let you talk me into it. 你没办法说服我
[1:29:17] – I didn’t talk you into it. Stop deluding yourself. – I want this off my neck. – 我不是想说服你,你别再蛊惑自己了 – 我要彻底解脱
[1:29:21] Look, you can’t do this, Terry, all right? 特瑞,你不能这么做
[1:29:24] You can’t do it. You’d be throwing your whole life away, and mine and Uncle Howard’s. 你这么做会毁了你的人生,包括我和霍华德舅舅的
[1:29:28] I won’t implicate you and Howard. 我不会牵连你和霍华德舅舅的
[1:29:31] – You won’t- – This is my personal decision. – 你不会… – 这是我的个人决定
[1:29:34] – You won’t be able to keep us out of it. – I will. – 这可不是什么个人决定 – 我决定了
[1:29:36] No, you’re upset. You’re unstable. 不,你只是现在心烦意乱,情绪不稳
[1:29:38] Your lies will be all transparent. 你的谎言会被揭穿的
[1:29:40] – I’ve thought about suicide, Ian. – But why? – 我想过自杀,伊恩 – 为什么?
[1:29:43] Stop asking the same questions over and over. 别重复问这个问题
[1:29:45] Go and commit suicide, and leave Howard and me out of it. 去吧,让我和霍华德舅舅能够安心
[1:29:47] I just want the slate wiped clean. 我只是要洗净我的罪
[1:29:51] Look. You’re depressed. 你现在只是情绪沮丧
[1:29:53] You’re just suffering from a little depression, that’s all. 在低潮期,就这么简单
[1:29:56] – Kate wants me to see a doctor. – No, no. Look, I can help you. If you’ll just let me. – 凯特要我去看医生 – 不,不,我能帮助你
[1:30:00] I just want to tell someone. Go in and serve my punishment. Have it off me. 我必须把这件事情说出来,得到应有的惩罚
[1:30:05] Just give me a minute. Give me a minute to get my thoughts in order, will you? 让我静一静,让我静一静
[1:30:10] I wish you could come with me. But if you won’t, I understand. 我希望你能和我一起去,但我知道你不会的
[1:30:14] Just give me a minute. 让我想一下
[1:30:18] – I feel less panic since I made this decision. – Hi. 我自从做了这个决定心里好受多了
[1:30:21] You okay? Are you gonna join us? 你还好吗?要不要过来?
[1:30:24] Terry and I are just discussing a little problem. Everything will be all right. 没事,特瑞和我在谈一些问题
[1:30:28] Just had to talk to Ian about something. 对,我就是和伊恩聊一聊
[1:30:31] – You sure? – Yes. – 你确定? – 对
[1:30:33] You go on, I’ll only be a minute. 你去吧,我马上就来
[1:30:35] Okay. 好的
[1:30:41] She’s very beautiful. She’d make a great wife for you. – 她真漂亮,她会是你的好妻子 – 特瑞,你听我说
[1:30:46] Look, Terry. 我会帮你的
[1:30:46] Terry, listen to me. I want to help you. I do.
[1:30:48] But this is not the time or the place. 但是现在时间地点都不合适
[1:30:50] – I’m sorry for barging in. – No, no, it’s all right. It’s all right. – 哦,我很抱歉打扰你 – 不,不,这没什么,这没什么
[1:30:52] Look, I want to hear what you’ve got to say. We’re family. You’re my brother. 我要知道你的想法 因为我们是一家人,你是我的弟弟
[1:30:56] Yeah, we can talk, but you’re not gonna change my mind. 对,我们可以聊,但别想改变我的想法
[1:30:58] Maybe not. Maybe not. Maybe you’ll even change mine. But just promise me one thing. 当然不,也许你会改变我的想法 但是答应我一件事
[1:31:03] We’ve gotta have a discussion about this before you plunge ahead. 你做之前我们一定要再好好谈一次
[1:31:07] – Promise? – Promise. Can I come in and get a drink? – 你保证? – 我保证,我能进去喝一杯吗?
[1:31:09] No, that’s not a good idea. 不,这可不是好主意
[1:31:11] – You go. I’ll give you a call tonight. – Right. – 你走吧,我今晚给你打电话 – 好吧
[1:31:19] Call me tonight. 今晚给我电话
[1:31:42] I just don’t see any alternative. 看来没别的办法了
[1:31:46] What are we saying? 天哪,你在说什么?
[1:31:49] Well, I don’t know what we’re saying. We’re-We’re saying we want to survive. 我也不知道,我只是说,我们得保住自己
[1:31:55] But he’s family. 但他是我们的亲人
[1:31:58] Terry. He’s my brother. 特瑞,他是我的弟弟!
[1:32:00] Well, I-I know that. 我,我知道
[1:32:02] But he has to be stopped before he- this whole thing unravels. 但得阻止他,在他把事情都说出来以前
[1:32:07] Yeah, I can’t- I can’t let that happen. 对,我明白
[1:32:10] No. 不
[1:32:12] No, l- 这么说…
[1:32:14] It’s killing again. 又要杀吗
[1:32:17] How am I gonna do that? 我怎么做得出来
[1:32:20] It’s deja vu, but a thousand times worse. 感觉是似曾相识,但这要糟得多
[1:32:23] Speed is of the essence. 我们要快
[1:32:25] Terry could be doing something awful while we sit here and curse our fate. 也许我们坐在这儿抱怨的时候 特瑞已经把事情捅出去了
[1:32:30] He was right about one thing. 他说得对
[1:32:33] It was like crossing a line. 越过底线
[1:32:36] There was no way back. 就没法儿回头了
[1:32:39] It has to be made to look like an accident. 把它设计成一个意外
[1:32:42] Yeah. Yeah, an accident or a suicide. 意外或者自杀
[1:32:50] Well, he just broods. 他就呆在那儿
[1:32:52] You know, he sits there talking to himself. 自言自语
[1:32:55] He imagines that you and him have got some dark secret. 他觉得你和他之间有什么不可告人的秘密
[1:32:59] You know, that you’ve harmed someone or something. 好像你们做了什么坏事
[1:33:03] Ian, I think he’s gonna hurt himself. 我觉得他会伤害自己
[1:33:09] Let me be alone with him, Kate. 让我和他单独呆一会儿,凯特
[1:33:11] Yeah. 好的
[1:33:32] Terry. 特瑞
[1:33:38] – Terry. – I had a dream about Martin Burns. – 特瑞 – 我又梦到马丁 彭斯了
[1:33:56] Terry, listen to me. 特瑞,听我说
[1:33:59] I dreamed again… 我又梦到
[1:34:01] about Martin Burns. 马丁 彭斯了…
[1:34:04] You need a couple of days away from all this. 你需要一些日子彻底走出来
[1:34:08] Get some fresh air, some sea air… 呼吸新鲜空气,到海边去
[1:34:12] just the two of us. 就我们两个人
[1:34:14] We’ll go out on the boat again tomorrow. 明天我们出海去
[1:34:17] – We never go sailing anymore, Ian. – That’s what I’m saying. – 我们很久没去了,伊恩 – 是啊
[1:34:21] We’ll take some sandwiches and some beers… 我们可以带上三明治和啤酒
[1:34:25] and we’ll just talk, brother to brother. 然后好好谈一谈
[1:34:29] I’d like that. 好的
[1:34:32] I wish you could see my point of view. 我希望你能理解我的想法
[1:34:35] It’ll be great. Just the two of us. 好啊,就我们两个人
[1:34:41] I think Angela said she was taking Kate shopping tomorrow. 安吉拉明天会带凯特去购物
[1:34:45] She said she was gonna help her out with her style. – 她说她要让凯特涣然一新 – 对
[1:34:49] Yeah. 我们去放松放松
[1:34:50] And we’ll just relax, yeah?
[1:34:52] Get some sun. Maybe we can have a swim. 晒晒太阳,也许还能游游泳
[1:34:55] You’ll feel so much better when you’ve had some sea air. 吹吹海风你整个人就会好起来的
[1:34:58] Yeah, but we’ll never be our old selves again, Ian, right? 对,但我们再也回不去了,伊恩,对不对?
[1:35:01] I mean, there’s no going back. 再也回不到过去了
[1:35:06] Go and tell Kate that we’re going out sailing tomorrow. 告诉凯特明天我们一起去出海
[1:35:10] – Right. – Yeah. 好的
[1:35:11] – Okay. – Come on. 来吧
[1:35:16] Kate, I’ve got something to tell you. 凯特,我有事和你说
[1:35:20] We’re going sailing tomorrow. 我们明天打算一起出海
[1:35:23] Yeah, just the two of us. Ian’s gonna take me out on the boat. 就我们两个人 伊恩打算带我出去
[1:36:00] So, did Terry tell you the good news? 特瑞和你说了吗?
[1:36:02] Yeah, it’s a wonderful idea. 是的
[1:36:05] ‘Cause you two never really got the chance to spend much time on your boat, did you? 你们买了船之后都还没真正去享受过呢
[1:36:08] – And you were so excited when you first bought it. – Yeah. – 当初你们买它的时候多么兴奋啊 – 是啊
[1:36:11] I told Ian about Angela taking you shopping tomorrow as well. 安吉拉明天会带你去购物
[1:36:14] Oh, yeah. She’s so nice. 她人真好
[1:36:21] Mike Eisley from the garden party asked if we were serious. 那天聚会上麦克 艾斯雷问我们之间是不是认真的
[1:36:24] And then he invited me to Morocco for the weekend. – 他邀请我周末去摩洛哥 – 你怎么说的?
[1:36:30] And what did you say? 我和他说我爱你
[1:36:30] Well, I told him that I loved you.
[1:36:33] For the first time in my life, those words actually had meaning. 我第一次感到这三个字对我的意义
[1:36:37] I love you. 我爱你
[1:36:41] – Are you all right? – Yeah, yeah. – 你还好吗? – 嗯,还好
[1:36:43] – You seem a bit distracted. – No, I’m just thinking about what you’re saying. – 你看起来有点儿心不在焉 – 我只是在想你说的
[1:36:47] And I’m tired, you know. 你也知道我最近很累
[1:36:50] Well, you have been working really hard recently. 你最近太忙于工作了
[1:36:54] I think taking your boat out with your brother… 我想你明天和弟弟出海
[1:36:56] will do you just as much good as him. 对彼此都是放松
[1:36:59] – Is he all right? – He’s depressed. – 他还好吧? – 就是很沮丧
[1:37:03] He drinks too much and he’s getting sullen, and- 喝得太多,变得闷闷不乐
[1:37:07] Kate’s worried that he might hurt himself. 凯特担心他会做什么傻事
[1:37:09] Well, maybe he- Well, he should go to a doctor then. 也许,也许他需要看看医生
[1:37:12] No, he resists. He resists. 不,他很抵触,很抵触
[1:37:14] I didn’t tell Kate this, but he’s talked of suicide. 他甚至谈到过自杀,我还没把这告诉凯特
[1:37:18] Oh, my God. 哦,天哪
[1:37:23] – I’m so sorry. That’s awful. – I know. – 这太糟了 – 是啊
[1:39:18] Best thing we ever did, getting this boat, Terry, isn’t it? 买下这艘船真是我们最正确的决定 特瑞,对吗?
[1:39:20] Eh? 嗯?
[1:39:23] Kate’s right. We don’t get out on it as often as we should. 凯特说得对,我们都还没怎么真正开它出海
[1:39:26] It’s sad how things turned out, isn’t it? 事情怎么会变成这样?
[1:39:28] – Don’t start, Terry. – No, I mean it, Ian. – 你要来了,特瑞 – 我们得谈它,伊恩
[1:39:32] We made the wrong decision. 我们做了一个错误的决定
[1:39:34] The way I see it, we didn’t have much choice. 我们当时别无选择!
[1:39:36] You always have choice, Ian. 有的,伊恩
[1:39:39] I see that now. 我现在想明白了
[1:39:42] I mean, l- I didn’t at first. 当初我也和你一样
[1:39:44] I thought… like you, that we had no choice, but- 认为我们别无选择
[1:39:48] All right, let’s say that you’re right- which I’m not saying- 好吧,我们来看看
[1:39:51] but let’s say for the sake of argument… 假设你说得是对的
[1:39:53] – that we did make the wrong choice. – For the sake of argument? – 假设我们的选择错了 – 假设?
[1:39:58] You really fool yourself, Ian, don’t you? 你在自欺欺人,伊恩,对吗?
[1:40:00] His testimony was gonna put Uncle Howard in prison for the rest of his life. 他的证词会让霍华德舅舅进监狱,一辈子也别想出来
[1:40:03] Well, maybe Uncle Howard deserves to go to jail. 也许他就该进监狱呢
[1:40:05] Oh, what a thing to say. Forget it. 哦,你在说什么,算了吧
[1:40:09] Christ, you think we’ve committed some kind of unnatural act, but we haven’t. 你总觉得我们做了什么丧尽天良的事,没有!
[1:40:14] The whole of human life is about violence. 人的一生就是暴力
[1:40:17] It’s a cruel world, Terry. 世界很残酷,特瑞!
[1:40:20] You’re just shaken up because you’ve come- 你刚刚意识到这一点
[1:40:22] you’ve come face-to-face with your own human nature. 所以才这么乱
[1:40:28] I-I mean, I didn’t have to do it. 我不该那么做
[1:40:32] Well, why did you then? 是吗,那你当时为什么?
[1:40:35] I just kept going, like- like when I gamble over my head, you know? 我也不知道
[1:40:40] I just put the bet down like when I’m in a dream. 就像在梦里下注一样
[1:40:43] You weren’t dreaming when you shot him. 你开枪的时候可不是在做梦!
[1:40:47] All right. Look, listen. 好吧,来,听我说
[1:40:49] We made a mistake, right? But it’s over. 我们是错了,但它已经结束了
[1:40:52] All right? We made the wrong choice. I’m giving you that… 我们是错了
[1:40:55] but being punished by it won’t undo it. 但这已经没办法挽回了
[1:40:58] Martin Burns is dead. He’s dead. 马丁 彭斯死了,他死了
[1:41:12] I called the police last night. 我昨晚打电话给警察了
[1:41:16] You did what? 你说什么?
[1:41:18] I called them and I told them I had information on the murder of Martin Burns. 我和他们说我有马丁 彭斯案子的线索
[1:41:22] They said, “Who is it?” 他们问我是谁
[1:41:24] I wanted to tell them… who I was, but I didn’t. 我想告诉他们的,但是我没有
[1:41:31] Hung up. 我把电话挂了
[1:41:33] I’m gonna call them as soon as I get back, Ian. 我想今天一回去就打,伊恩
[1:41:36] Why would you do that? 你为什么这么做?
[1:41:38] What’s the matter with you? It’s suicide, Terry. 你干嘛要这么做? 这等于自杀,特瑞
[1:41:43] Don’t you even care that you’re gonna take Uncle Howard and me with you? 你就不在乎你会害了我和霍华德舅舅?
[1:41:47] It’s the order of things, Ian. It’s off kilter. Can’t you see it? 世界是有秩序的,现在它失衡了,伊恩
[1:41:52] I have to straighten it out. 我要把它调整回去
[1:41:54] All right. I don’t wanna talk about this anymore. 我不想再说了
[1:41:59] We came out here just to relax, didn’t we? Just to sail and unwind, eh? 我们只是来放松的,对吗?
[1:42:02] Yeah. 对
[1:42:05] – I’m just gonna get us some more beers, all right? – All right. – 我去再拿点儿啤酒,怎么样? – 好
[1:43:31] Why couldn’t you just let it go? Why couldn’t you let it go? – 你为什么要这么做?你为什么要这么做? – 伊恩,你怎么了?
[1:43:34] Ian, what’s wrong? – 你把一切都毁了,特瑞 – 伊恩,你怎么了?
[1:43:34] – You’ve ruined everything, Terry. – Ian, what’s wrong?
[1:43:36] Terry, you’ve ruined it! You’ve ruined everything! 特瑞,你把一切都毁了! 你他妈的把一切都毁了!
[1:43:39] – Ian, stop! – We could’ve had everything! – 伊恩,住手! – 本来什么事都没有的!
[1:43:46] Ian. Ian. 伊恩,伊恩
[1:43:50] Ian. Ian. 伊恩,伊恩
[1:43:53] Ian. 伊恩
[1:43:58] Ian! 伊恩!
[1:44:01] Oh, God. 哦,天哪
[1:44:08] God. 天哪
[1:44:17] What we think happened, but we don’t know for sure… 现在还不确定是什么原因
[1:44:20] one killed the other, either on purpose or by accident… 其中一个有意或者无意杀了另一个
[1:44:23] and then took his own life, drowned himself. 然后就自杀了
[1:44:27] Awful. 真可怕
[1:44:29] The place reeks of booze and pills. 现场发现了酒和安眠药
[1:44:32] I don’t know. Every day, it’s something else. 每天总得有点儿事
[1:44:42] Oh, I like that. 哦,我喜欢这件
[1:44:45] – What do you think? – Yeah. – 你觉得怎么样? – 不错
[1:44:47] – I would look good in that. – Yeah, Terry would love that. – 我穿着应该不错 – 对,特瑞会喜欢的
[1:44:49] – Would he? – Yeah, men love that sort of shape. – 真的吗? – 他们都喜欢这样的
[1:44:52] I wore something similar when Ian first saw me. 伊恩第一次见我时,我也穿的类似的
2007年 Tags:伍迪艾伦

Post navigation

Previous Post: Capote(卡波特)[2005]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: Hotel Rwanda(卢旺达饭店)[2004]电影台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme