时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:04] | You know I didn’t do this. | 你知道不是我干的 |
[01:06] | What I know is you withheld facts material to this case. | 我只知道你隐瞒了这个案子的真相 |
[01:10] | Looked me straight in the eye and fucking lied. | 当着我的面撒谎 |
[01:16] | Because I knew what would happen if I didn’t. | 因为我知道 如果我不这么做会发生什么 |
[01:20] | Don’t put this on me, | 别把责任推给我 |
[01:20] | you fucking half-blood piece of shit. | 你个混血杂种 |
[01:27] | – Take him downstairs. – Right. | -把他带下去 -是 |
[01:51] | Log him in. | 把他关进去 |
[01:52] | Former Inspector Rycroft Philostrate. | 前督察莱克劳弗特·菲勒斯崔 |
[01:57] | Where should I put him? | 关在哪 |
[01:59] | With the fucking Critch, where he belongs. | 跟那些该死的精怪关在一起 |
[02:03] | On second thought… | 我又想了一下 |
[02:05] | put him in here | 把他关在这 |
[02:07] | with these fine gents. | 和这些绅士一起 |
[02:10] | Too good for us, now, is he? | 他的身份比我们高贵多了吧 |
[02:13] | What’s this, then? | 他是什么 |
[02:14] | Half-blood. | 混血 |
[02:16] | Been passing himself off as one of us. | 冒充是我们中的一员 |
[02:18] | You don’t say. | 想不到 |
[02:25] | Right, then. | 那好吧 |
[02:27] | Let’s us go and have a smoke, shall we? | 我们去抽根烟吧 |
[02:29] | – What about them? – They’ll be fine. | -他们怎么办 -没事的 |
[03:05] | Philo! Behind you! | 菲勒 你后面 |
[03:18] | Fuck you! | 去你的 |
[05:04] | – Curtis. – Sir. | -柯蒂斯 -先生 |
[05:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:13] | This way. | 这边 |
[05:15] | Well, Miss Imogen, | 伊莫金小姐 |
[05:17] | it has been, for me, a most memorable evening. | 对我来说 这是一个最为难忘的夜晚 |
[05:21] | It has been for me, too. | 我也是 |
[05:24] | I realized today I don’t much like Louisa Pembroke. | 我发现我今天不太喜欢路易莎·彭布罗克 |
[05:28] | In fact, I don’t think I like most anyone I know. | 事实上 多数我认识的人我都不喜欢 |
[05:34] | Thank the Martyr you’re back. | 感谢殉道者 你终于回来了 |
[05:36] | Afissa, I’m fine. | 阿菲萨 我没事 |
[05:39] | Afissa. | 阿菲萨 |
[05:46] | What has got into you? | 你怎么了 |
[05:47] | The police were here. | 警察刚来过 |
[05:48] | – What? – Your brother is in quite a state. | -什么 -你哥哥情况不太妙 |
[05:50] | What? | 什么 |
[05:51] | Everywhere I turn is scandal. | 我所到之处全是丑闻 |
[05:53] | Now, if it weren’t bad enough | 现在 如果我的妹妹在公共场合 |
[05:55] | that my sister was out in public on the arm of a Puck, | 和一个羊怪搂搂抱抱还不够糟糕的话 |
[05:58] | I now come to learn that my father gave refuge | 我现在刚得知我父亲曾在这房子中 |
[06:02] | to a pregnant Pix tart in this very house. | 收留了一名怀了孕的精灵妓女 |
[06:05] | Now, I can do nothing about the latter, | 我对后者无能为力 |
[06:08] | as it is mercifully in the past. | 因为幸好这事发生在过去 |
[06:10] | But as to your predicament, dear, | 但是说到你的窘境 亲爱的 |
[06:12] | I can and I will intercede. | 我是一定会制止的 |
[06:14] | Must we go over this again? | 非要再说一次这事吗 |
[06:17] | Our fate is in his hands. | 我们的命运掌握在他手中 |
[06:18] | The price is that I be seen on his arm. | 代价就是得让人们看见我挽着他的胳膊 |
[06:20] | There must be a limit to what he can ask of you! | 那也得有个底线 |
[06:27] | Tomorrow, I intend to negotiate an end | 明天我打算代表你 |
[06:31] | to this madness on your behalf, dear. | 对这件疯狂的事做个了结 亲爱的 |
[06:34] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[06:36] | And for that, I would be most grateful. | 感激不尽 |
[06:40] | I’m glad to hear it. | 很高兴你能这么说 |
[06:42] | If I didn’t know any better, | 要不是我知情 |
[06:44] | I’d start to wonder if you didn’t actually enjoy his company. | 我都要开始怀疑你是不是真的不喜欢他的陪伴了 |
[06:53] | What? | 什么 |
[06:54] | Nothing, Miss. | 没什么 小姐 |
[06:56] | Let’s get you up these stairs. | 我们上楼吧 |
[06:58] | Get you out of that dress. | 帮你把裙子脱下来 |
[07:03] | …think you’re gonna fucking love this, right here. | 你一定会爱死这里的 这边 |
[07:06] | Come here, then. | 快来 |
[07:25] | Get in there with your own kind. | 进去 和你的同类一起 |
[07:29] | Now. | 立刻 |
[07:35] | Get him out of here. | 让他滚出去 |
[07:37] | Lads. | 伙计们 |
[07:47] | Well done, mate. | 干得漂亮 伙计 |
[07:56] | Thanks… | 谢谢你 |
[08:00] | for looking out for me back there. | 刚才帮我留心身后 |
[08:05] | I didn’t want to see you dead just yet. | 我只是不想你就这么死掉 |
[08:12] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你怎么到这来了 |
[08:14] | I was about to ask you the same thing. | 我也正想问你 |
[08:32] | I have some news. | 我有一些消息 |
[08:34] | There’s a rumor that someone’s been arrested for the murders. | 有谣言说有人因为谋杀被逮捕了 |
[08:37] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[08:41] | I thought you’d be pleased. | 我以为你会很开心 |
[08:43] | You’re safe now. | 你现在安全了 |
[08:46] | Am I? | 是吗 |
[08:49] | Well, unless he can control the Darkasher from prison. | 除非他能在监狱里控制暗黑亚瑟 |
[08:52] | Or they have the wrong man. | 或者也许他们抓错了人 |
[08:56] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[08:59] | All I know is I saw it come for me. | 我只知道我看到了它来找我 |
[09:05] | And that at the moment of my death, | 在我死去的那一刻 |
[09:07] | I’ll understand who summoned it. | 我会知道是谁召唤了它 |
[09:12] | W-Well, then we… we must both pray that | 好吧 那我们 我们一定要祈祷 |
[09:14] | your vision was… | 希望你的预见 |
[09:17] | was mistaken. | 是错的 |
[09:20] | I should go. | 我应该走了 |
[09:23] | Aioffe? | 艾依法 |
[09:27] | Your husband will be back home soon. | 你丈夫马上就到家了 |
[09:33] | Be careful. | 注意安全 |
[10:02] | Uh, sir, 47 stivers, how far will that take me from the city? | 先生 四十七史太弗能让我坐多远 |
[10:07] | Only to Keranganz, if you had five more. | 再加五个能到克朗甘孜 |
[10:24] | Runyon? | 鲁尼恩 |
[10:26] | Runyon Millworthy? | 鲁尼恩·米尔沃西 |
[10:28] | Horatius Symes, you old rascal. | 赫拉谢斯·赛米斯 你个老流氓 |
[10:32] | How long has it been? | 多久没见了 |
[10:34] | I don’t know, but it’s an age. | 不知道 有些年头了 |
[10:37] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[10:38] | Tell me, are you still singing for your supper? | 告诉我 你还在卖唱吗 |
[10:40] | The stage? Gracious no. | 我已经告别舞台了 |
[10:42] | I’m far more respectable these days. | 我现在体面多了 |
[10:45] | Educating the Chancellor’s son at Balefire. | 我在烽火厅教总理大臣的儿子 |
[10:48] | Good God. So what are you doing here? | 真好 那你在这做什么 |
[10:50] | I’m just back from Hullsbay, | 我刚从赫尔斯贝回来 |
[10:51] | a futile attempt to hire an Arts & Letters scholar. | 想雇一个艺术与文学学者 结果白跑一趟 |
[10:56] | – Hang on a mo… – What? | -等等 -怎么了 |
[10:58] | Didn’t you get a rather good degree from Oppidian? | 你不是在奥比丁拿到一个很好的学位吗 |
[11:02] | Horatius, that was a very long time ago, | 赫拉谢斯 那是很久以前的事了 |
[11:04] | and I hear the Breakspear boy is a nightmare. | 我还听说布雷克斯皮尔家的儿子是个噩梦 |
[11:08] | Runyon… it’s a lot of money. | 鲁尼恩 酬劳很高 |
[11:32] | If they only knew the mischief unfolding under their very noses. | 如果他们知道这恶作剧就发生在他们眼皮子底下 |
[11:35] | Between a Longerbane and a Breakspear, no less. | 而且主角还是郎格本和布雷克斯皮尔 |
[11:38] | The city would spontaneously burst into flame. | 这城市会自燃的 |
[11:41] | And we would decide what rose from the ashes. | 我们将决定什么能从灰烬中重生 |
[11:46] | More talk of an alliance? | 你是在说联盟吗 |
[11:48] | My advisors are pressing me to call for a vote of no confidence | 我的顾问们催我在两周内 |
[11:51] | against your father within the fortnight. | 给你父亲投反对票 |
[11:54] | And what? | 然后呢 |
[11:56] | – You wish me to warn him? – I wish to warn you. | -你想我去警告他吗 -我想警告你 |
[11:59] | Your father’s regime is waning. | 你父亲的政权日益衰落 |
[12:01] | There’s nothing you can do about that. | 对此你无能为力 |
[12:03] | You must see to your future now. | 你现在必须为你自己的将来做打算了 |
[12:06] | And what would you have me be? A spy? | 你想要我做什么 做个间谍 |
[12:10] | What would you like to be? | 你想做什么 |
[12:12] | I have no interest in politics. | 我对政治不感兴趣 |
[12:13] | But politics is the price. | 但政治就是代价 |
[12:15] | Of what? | 什么的代价 |
[12:17] | Of moments like this. | 这种时刻的代价 |
[12:24] | As lovely as you are, | 虽然你很可爱 |
[12:26] | I can have moments like this with anyone I please. | 但我可以想和谁拥有这样的时刻都可以 |
[12:30] | Do you even know what this is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[12:33] | Do you have any idea what I’m offering you? | 你知道我给你提供的是什么吗 |
[12:38] | Moments like this are the moments that change everything. | 像这样的时刻 它能改变一切 |
[12:44] | If you’re not careful, they’ll pass you by. | 一不小心 就会错过 |
[12:50] | Good day, Master Jonah. | 再见 乔纳大人 |
[13:20] | Your mother, I’m so sorry. | 你母亲的事 我很抱歉 |
[13:24] | And I know how much that library meant to you. I just… | 我知道图书馆对你有多重要 我只是 |
[13:26] | I can’t imagine. | 我无法想象 |
[13:33] | They can’t really think you killed her. | 他们不会真的认为你杀了她吧 |
[13:41] | To cover up my secret. | 他们觉得我是为了掩盖自己的秘密 |
[13:45] | Can’t say I blame them, it all adds up if you think about it. | 不怪他们 你若仔细想想也会觉得合情理 |
[13:48] | The headmaster, the doctor who sheared me, | 那个校长 还有剪断我翅膀的医生 |
[13:50] | they all knew the truth about me. | 他们都知道我的身世 |
[13:51] | Still, working with you all this time, | 尽管如此 他们一直和你一起工作 |
[13:54] | they should know you. | 应该了解你的 |
[13:58] | They thought they did. | 他们以为自己了解我 |
[14:01] | I lied to them. | 我骗了他们 |
[14:04] | Sometimes there’s no coming back from that. | 有时候谎言无法挽回 |
[14:18] | The Swan. I like it. | 天鹅号 我喜欢 |
[14:22] | And she can do… “ten knots at full steam.” | 全速能达到每小时十海里 |
[14:27] | Yes, and as you can see, the hold is quite spacious. | 没错 如你所见 它的船舱也很宽敞 |
[14:29] | At 50 guilders a head, she’ll pay for herself. | 每人五十荷兰盾 很快就能回本 |
[14:33] | After three crossings, the rest will be profit. | 出海三次后 剩下的就是盈利了 |
[14:41] | May I ask you something, Mr. Agreus? | 我能问你点事吗 阿格勒斯先生 |
[14:43] | By all means. | 当然 |
[14:47] | Uh, were you yourself indentured? | 你签过卖身契吗 |
[14:50] | For five years. | 签了五年 |
[14:52] | To a foundry owner in New Freehold. | 卖给了新弗雷厚德的一个铸造厂老板 |
[14:54] | The work was hard, but he was a fair man. | 工作很辛苦 但他是个正直的人 |
[14:58] | And how did you make your fortune from such humble beginnings? | 起初你的地位如此卑微 是怎么白手起家的 |
[15:04] | Guilder by guilder… | 一个子一个子积累下来的 |
[15:07] | like anyone else. | 就像大家一样 |
[15:10] | You know the saying, “The first guilder is always the hardest.” | 你知道那句老话 “第一桶金最难得” |
[15:14] | Especially for… | 尤其是对于 |
[15:20] | A Puck. | 羊怪来说 |
[15:23] | Especially for a Puck. | 尤其是对于羊怪来说 |
[15:35] | Tell me, | 告诉我 |
[15:37] | what does a skipjack do, exactly? | 鲣鱼究竟都是做什么的 |
[15:44] | Oh, I see you’ve made some inquiries. | 看来你做了一些调查 |
[15:46] | One must always know who one is entering business with. | 总得了解和自己做生意的人 |
[15:52] | Well, a skipjack is one who tracks workers that have run away. | 鲣鱼是追捕逃跑的工人的人 |
[15:58] | Are you saying you… | 你是说你 |
[16:01] | you hunted your own kind? | 你追捕你自己的同类 |
[16:05] | Well, they signed the same contracts that I did. | 他们跟我签的合同是一样的 |
[16:07] | Even so. | 即便这样 |
[16:10] | Your own kind. | 那可是你的同类 |
[16:12] | I won’t deny, Mr. Spurnrose, | 我不会否认 斯布恩罗斯先生 |
[16:15] | that in all the years I plied the trade, | 我辛勤工作的这些年来 |
[16:17] | I never came across another skipjack that wasn’t | 遇到的所有鲣鱼 |
[16:20] | your own kind. | 都是你的同类 |
[16:26] | But you see, I realized a long time ago | 但我很久以前就意识到 |
[16:29] | that if I was to find my way in the world of men, | 如果我想在人类的世界里杀出一条血路 |
[16:32] | I’d have to play by the rules of men. | 就必须按照人类的法则行事 |
[16:47] | there’s another matter I’d discuss with you | 还有一件事我要和你谈谈 |
[16:51] | concerning my sister, | 是关于我妹妹的 |
[16:53] | and the terms of your arrangement with her. | 以及你和她的安排 |
[17:01] | Well, what did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[17:03] | It is as you surmised the other day. | 和你那天猜测的一样 |
[17:07] | That is, not until you’ve helped him establish | 直到你帮他 |
[17:09] | a foothold in our social circle will… | 在我们的社交圈里站稳脚跟之后 |
[17:12] | will you be free of your obligation to him. | 你才不必再服从于他 |
[17:18] | Well… | 那… |
[17:21] | judging from the reaction to his presence at the auction, | 根据他出席拍卖会时人们的反应来看 |
[17:25] | that could be a very long time indeed. | 可能需要很久 |
[17:28] | Actually, you’ll be happy to hear | 其实还有一个好消息 |
[17:32] | Mr. Agreus has received an invitation to take tea | 阿格勒斯先生收到了一封邀请信 |
[17:35] | at the Tripplethorns’ this very afternoon. | 今天下午要去特里普索恩家参加茶会 |
[17:39] | – Really? – Mm. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[17:41] | Apparently, they insisted on turning over the painting | 显然 他们执意要拿回 |
[17:45] | he bid on personally. | 他拍下的那幅画 |
[17:47] | It seems they’re very curious to know more | 看来他们很想更深入地了解下 |
[17:50] | about our mysterious Puck neighbor. | 我们这位神秘的羊怪邻居 |
[17:53] | It could very well be that your services | 很有可能 很快他就 |
[17:56] | are no longer be required soon enough, | 不太需要你的服务了 |
[17:59] | if at all again, dear. | 甚至再也不需要了 亲爱的 |
[18:03] | Well, we can only hope. | 我们只能希望如此了 |
[18:06] | We can. We truly can. | 可以的 一定可以的 |
[18:23] | Oi, Fleury, have you seen Vignette? | 弗勒莉 你见到温妮雅特了吗 |
[18:28] | Something the matter? | 有事吗 |
[18:30] | She didn’t come home last night. | 她昨晚没回家 |
[18:39] | So she is in custody? | 她被拘捕了吗 |
[18:40] | That’s what I just said, isn’t it? | 我不是说了吗 |
[18:42] | She in a lot of trouble? | 她惹了大麻烦吗 |
[18:44] | Well, that’s up to the magistrate. | 这要看地方法官的决定了 |
[18:46] | If he’s in a bad mood, | 如果他心情不好 |
[18:47] | she’ll get sent back where she came from. | 她就会被遣送回去 |
[18:49] | But if she’s lucky, she’ll just have to pay a fine. | 但如果她足够幸运 只需要交罚款就行 |
[18:54] | How big a fine? I’ll pay. | 多少钱的罚款 我来出 |
[18:59] | That way you won’t have to trouble the magistrate at all. | 这样你就完全不用麻烦地方法官了 |
[19:05] | Come back tomorrow with 50 guilders. | 明天带着五十盾回来 |
[19:08] | Fifty? | 五十 |
[19:11] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽量吧 |
[19:13] | Well, there you go. | 好的 |
[19:19] | – Sarge, I’m gonna have a smoke. – Yeah, all right. | -警官 我要抽支烟 -好吧 |
[19:23] | Good afternoon, Mrs. Fyfe. | 下午好 法伊芙太太 |
[19:25] | I’ve come to see about Philo. | 我来看菲勒 |
[19:27] | Ah. Over here. | 这边请 |
[19:32] | Well, be assured Inspector Philostrate | 放心吧 菲勒斯崔督察 |
[19:36] | has been arrested and charged. | 被逮捕并被指控 |
[19:39] | You didn’t say anything about charging him when we spoke. | 我们谈的时候你可没提指控的事 |
[19:42] | Well, passing is a crime. | 伪装也是犯罪 |
[19:44] | You’re not the first decent citizen | 你不是被他欺骗的 |
[19:46] | to have been deceived like that. | 第一位好市民了 |
[19:48] | Besides, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. | 另外 这只是冰山一角 |
[19:52] | We’ve got him for the killings, too. | 我们还因谋杀而抓捕他 |
[19:54] | What? | 什么 |
[19:57] | No. | 不可能 |
[19:59] | M-Mr. Philostrate isn’t a murderer. | 菲勒斯崔先生不是杀人犯 |
[20:02] | I don’t need to tell you that. | 这不用我多说 |
[20:03] | You’ve worked alongside him for years. | 你和他是多年的同事 |
[20:05] | How much does one really know about a Critch, eh? | 人能有多了解精怪呢 |
[20:13] | Yours was the piece that made the puzzle. | 你的情报帮我们解开了谜团 |
[20:17] | It all fell into place once you put us onto him | 当你说他是混血时 |
[20:20] | being a half-blood. | 一切就都说得通了 |
[20:25] | It was a lie. | 我说谎了 |
[20:30] | – Come again? – We had a quarrel. | -什么 -我们吵架了 |
[20:33] | I made it all up to hurt him. | 我编造了这些来伤害他 |
[21:03] | Philo. | 菲勒 |
[21:07] | Your landlady just filed a statement | 你的女房东刚提供了一份证词 |
[21:10] | that could potentially see you clear of this mess. | 可能会帮你脱身 |
[21:30] | You said you didn’t do these killings. | 你说你没有犯下这些谋杀案 |
[21:32] | You know I didn’t. | 你知道我没有做过 |
[21:34] | – Not Morange? – No. | -莫兰奇不是你杀的 -不是 |
[21:38] | – Not the headmaster? – No. | -校长也不是吗 -不是 |
[21:40] | Or the Pix, Aisling Querelle? | 精灵 爱斯琳·奎雷尔也不是吗 |
[21:44] | No. | 不是 |
[21:46] | So it’s not true that you’re her son, then? | 所以你并不是她的孩子 |
[21:50] | That was just something the Fyfe woman made up | 这些只是这位法伊芙太太 |
[21:52] | because of a quarrel? | 和你争吵后编造出来的吗 |
[22:18] | I need to hear it from your own mouth | 我需要听你亲口说出 |
[22:22] | that you’re a man… | 你是人类 |
[22:25] | not some lying half-blood. | 不是什么撒谎的混血 |
[22:33] | Go on, then. | 说啊 |
[22:35] | Answer me. | 回答我 |
[22:50] | Aisling Querelle was my mother. | 爱斯琳·奎雷尔是我的母亲 |
[22:58] | I am what I am. | 我就是我 |
[23:05] | The Darkasher’s still out there. | 暗黑亚瑟依然逍遥法外 |
[23:07] | Enough of your half-blood shit! | 闭上你的臭嘴 |
[23:10] | I trusted you! | 我曾那么信任你 |
[23:14] | I believed in you! | 我那么相信过你 |
[23:58] | I understand Master Symes left you | 我知道赛姆斯老师讲到了 |
[24:03] | at Chapter 39 of Elomia. | 《埃罗米亚》的39章节了 |
[24:06] | Open it and let’s begin. | 打开书 我们开始吧 |
[24:09] | No. I don’t think I’m in the mood. | 不 我没心情 |
[24:11] | Be that as it may, | 尽管如此 |
[24:12] | I’ve been brought in to tutor you, | 我是被请来教你的 |
[24:14] | and I’m afraid I’m gonna have to insist. | 恐怕我必须得教 |
[24:18] | You’re in no position to insist on anything. | 你没资格说了算 |
[24:22] | I can tell from your shoes. | 我能从你的鞋子看出来 |
[24:28] | You need this job. Hmm? Badly. | 你需要这份工作 极其需要 |
[24:32] | Which means you’ll confirm my attendance to Master Symes, | 也就是说你要告诉赛姆斯老师我出席了 |
[24:34] | and report that I’m making splendid progress. | 说我进步巨大 |
[24:38] | And if I don’t? | 如果我不呢 |
[24:41] | Well, I’ll tell Symes you’re a shite tutor | 我就告诉赛姆斯你是个差劲的老师 |
[24:43] | and to get me someone else. | 让他给我换人 |
[24:44] | Are we clear? | 我说清楚了吗 |
[24:49] | Good. I’ll see you here tomorrow. | 很好 明天这里见 |
[24:53] | Oh, don’t look so glum. | 别这么郁闷 |
[24:57] | Whatever they’re paying you, I’ll double it. | 不论他们付你多少钱 我出双倍 |
[25:02] | I know your type. | 我了解你这种人 |
[25:05] | Skating along on Daddy’s wealth and good name | 依靠老爹的财富和名气游手好闲 |
[25:09] | without a thought as to how that story would end. | 不去思考未来 |
[25:14] | I’ve been brought in to equip you with a little wisdom | 我是被请来给你增添智慧的 |
[25:17] | so you might vaguely become a more tolerable human being. | 这样或许你还能成为一个更能让人忍受的人 |
[25:21] | Take it or leave it, | 你要怎么样随你 |
[25:23] | but don’t think you can pay me to lie for you. | 但别觉得你可以收买我为你撒谎 |
[25:30] | Because I don’t care about your father. | 因为我才不在乎你父亲 |
[25:33] | And I’m not afraid of destitution. | 我也不怕贫困 |
[25:37] | But I think you are. | 但我觉得你怕 |
[25:42] | So, it’s time to look to your own future, boy, | 所以 你该展望一下自己的未来了 孩子 |
[25:48] | if you’re to have one at all. | 如果你还想拥有未来的话 |
[25:51] | You’re not like my other tutors, are you? | 你一点也不像其他老师 对吧 |
[25:55] | If only you knew what I’d seen and done. | 如果你能了解我的所闻和经历 |
[26:13] | Good. Chapter 39. | 很好 三十九章 |
[26:16] | All I’m saying is it makes us look bad. | 我想说这有损我们的形象 |
[26:19] | One of us a killer. | 我们之中有一个是杀人犯 |
[26:21] | Well, imagine the trial. | 想想庭审吧 |
[26:22] | They’re gonna drag us all through the mud | 他们会因为没早点抓住他 |
[26:24] | for not catching onto him sooner. | 而把我们都拖下水的 |
[26:25] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[26:27] | Don’t know about you boys, but I’ve worked too long | 我不知道你们 但我在这工作了这么久 |
[26:30] | and too fucking hard to see my reputation undone | 投入了如此之多心血 我不能看着我的名声 |
[26:32] | by one bad apple. | 被这颗老鼠屎玷污 |
[26:33] | Well, there’s nothing to be done, is there? | 现在我们做不了什么 对吗 |
[26:35] | – Man has to have his day in court. – Does he? | -他得等着法庭宣判 -是吗 |
[26:39] | What are you getting at? | 你什么意思 |
[26:40] | Well, what if, say, | 如果 |
[26:43] | he tries to escape, and gets shot for his troubles? | 他试图逃跑 然后因此中枪了呢 |
[26:46] | All right, all right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[26:52] | Maybe… | 或许 |
[26:55] | the horror of what he has done gets to him, | 他对自己的恶行所要面对的后果感到害怕 |
[26:58] | and he hangs himself in his cell. | 然后在监狱里上吊自杀了呢 |
[27:00] | It could happen. | 有可能会这样 |
[27:01] | Now, either way, no messy trial. | 不管是哪种 都不必经过繁琐的庭审了 |
[27:05] | Let it percolate. | 好好考虑一下 |
[27:08] | Let it percolate. | 好好考虑一下 |
[27:22] | Philo. | 菲勒 |
[27:40] | I just wanted to say | 我只想说 |
[27:42] | you did your mother proud back there. | 你刚的做法让你的母亲为你骄傲 |
[27:50] | I just wish I could have given her justice. | 我只希望我能还她公平 |
[27:53] | I was getting so close. | 就差一点了 |
[27:59] | I always wondered who my father was. | 我一直好奇我的父亲是谁 |
[28:03] | If he was soldier, a poet. | 他是士兵还是诗人 |
[28:04] | Now I know he was just a piece of shit. | 现在我知道他只是个混蛋 |
[28:08] | You think it was your father who did these killings? | 你觉得那些人是你父亲杀的 |
[28:11] | It’s the only thing that makes sense. | 只有这样才说得通 |
[28:15] | They all knew about me. | 他们都知道我的事 |
[28:18] | His half-fae bastard. | 他的人灵混血杂种 |
[28:20] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[28:22] | He’s the bastard. | 他才是杂种 |
[28:24] | One with a fuck lot to lose to go as far as to kill | 一个为了保护自己声誉 |
[28:26] | three innocent people just to protect his own reputation. | 不惜杀害三条无辜的生命的拥有一切的人 |
[28:31] | What I can’t understand is | 我不明白的是 |
[28:34] | why he didn’t come after me first. | 他为什么没有一开始就冲着我来 |
[28:37] | Why didn’t that thing kill me in the tunnel the other night? | 为什么那晚那东西没有在隧道里杀了我 |
[28:44] | Unless… | 除非 |
[28:46] | Unless what? | 除非什么 |
[28:52] | Unless he didn’t know who I was. | 除非他不知道我的身份 |
[28:56] | That’s why he needed their livers. | 这就是他取走他们肝脏的原因 |
[28:59] | So he could read their secrets and follow them to me. | 这样他就能获取到他们的秘密从而追查到我 |
[29:04] | Then it’s not over. | 那就还没结束 |
[29:07] | Sooner or later, he’s gonna send that thing after you, too. | 他迟早也会派那东西来跟踪你 |
[29:13] | Unless they hang me first. | 除非他们先绞死我 |
[29:14] | Philo. | 菲勒 |
[29:19] | Berwick. | 伯威克 |
[29:21] | Watch yourself. | 小心点 |
[29:23] | Dombey’s out to make sure you don’t see a trial. | 冬比出去了 他不想让你等到庭审 |
[29:26] | He’s gonna try something. | 他会有所行动 |
[29:30] | You’re a good man. | 你是个好人 |
[29:33] | Sorry I couldn’t do more for you, mate. | 抱歉我只能帮你到这了 伙计 |
[29:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:09] | The Rising. | 大起义 |
[30:22] | Well, what do you think, Fergus? | 你怎么看 弗格斯 |
[30:24] | Well, it’s not how I’d spend 300,000 guilder. | 我可不会在这上花三十万盾 |
[30:28] | But then you’re the master here, not I. | 但你是这里的主人 不是我 |
[30:33] | Right. | 没错 |
[30:35] | Where to hang it? | 这个应该挂在哪里 |
[30:39] | Perhaps a woman’s eye would be of some help. | 或许一位女士的眼光能帮上忙 |
[30:44] | I was out for a stroll, and I saw you bringing it in. | 我在外面散步 看见你把它搬了进来 |
[30:50] | A woman’s eye would be most welcome. | 我们非常乐意接受女士的建议 |
[30:55] | Just up a little on the right. | 右边再高一点 |
[30:59] | Perfect. | 就这样 |
[31:19] | Thank you. It’s perfect there. | 谢谢 这样挂很完美 |
[31:21] | I think so. | 我也这么认为 |
[31:27] | What was he trying to say, I wonder? | 他想表达什么呢 |
[31:30] | The painter. | 这位画家 |
[31:33] | That we’re all poised somewhere between heaven and hell, | 我们都处于天堂和地狱间的某处 |
[31:37] | I suppose. | 我猜想 |
[31:40] | Do you think she’s meant to be an angel, then? | 你觉得她生来就是天使吗 |
[31:43] | Well, she’s got the wings for it. | 她长着天使的翅膀 |
[31:46] | And he a demon? | 而他是恶魔 |
[31:48] | He’s certainly got the horns for it. | 显然他有恶魔的角 |
[31:54] | But he’s an odd sort of demon, though, isn’t he? | 但他作为恶魔来说有点奇怪 不是吗 |
[31:59] | You know, pulling heavenward. | 将人拖向天堂 |
[32:01] | Yes, it is topsy-turvy, isn’t it? | 但这完全乱套了 不是吗 |
[32:05] | Maybe he’s not a demon after all. | 也许他根本就不是恶魔 |
[32:09] | But those horns. What else could he be? | 但他长着那样的角 不是恶魔是什么 |
[32:18] | A rescuer. | 一个救世主 |
[32:25] | From what? | 解救什么 |
[32:29] | The ordinary. | 芸芸众生 |
[32:37] | As if you, Miss Spurnrose, | 就好像你 斯布恩罗斯小姐 |
[32:38] | would know the first thing about being ordinary. | 了解当普通人的感受似的 |
[32:53] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[32:57] | This… This is another of my prized possessions. | 这是我最众多珍藏品之一 |
[33:03] | An electric lamp. | 一盏电灯 |
[33:08] | How does it work? | 怎么用 |
[33:10] | Allow me. | 请允许我为你展示 |
[33:20] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[33:22] | It’s called a battery. | 这叫做电池 |
[33:23] | Now, that’s just water that’s been distilled from steam. | 现在它只是从蒸汽中蒸馏出的水 |
[33:28] | But this is the magic ingredient. | 但这个 是神奇的原料 |
[33:34] | Copper sulfate. | 硫酸铜 |
[33:43] | And now what? | 然后呢 |
[33:47] | Patience. | 耐心等待 |
[34:13] | I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you. | 我无法不去想你 |
[34:18] | You know, I told myself you were just another conquest, | 我对自己说 你只是另一个被我征服的对象 |
[34:20] | like any other… | 和其他人一样 |
[34:23] | …but I walked away feeling as though | 但是当我离开后那感觉就像 |
[34:24] | it was I who had been conquered. | 我才是被征服的那一个 |
[34:29] | I’ve spent all day asking myself why. | 我整日都在问自己为什么 |
[34:34] | Something’s changed in me. | 我变了 |
[34:38] | You’ve taken me to the edge of something | 你把我带向了某种 |
[34:40] | I can no longer ignore. | 我再也无法忽视的事物边缘 |
[34:43] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[34:45] | The future. | 未来 |
[34:48] | I-I’d never bothered to imagine it before. | 我之前从不会费心规划未来 |
[34:52] | It… it didn’t belong to me. It belonged to… | 它不属于我 它属于 |
[34:54] | prophecies and broken promises and… | 预言和背弃的诺言还有… |
[35:00] | Until the day a stranger came to Parliament. | 直有天一个陌生人来到议会 |
[35:04] | She was nothing when she walked in. | 她刚进来时毫不起眼 |
[35:07] | No one expected anything of her. | 没有人对她抱有任何期望 |
[35:10] | But within five minutes, she brought my father, | 但不出五分钟 她使我的父亲 |
[35:14] | the Chancellor of the Burgue, to his knees. | 博格的大臣 屈服认输 |
[35:22] | And? | 然后呢 |
[35:24] | Aren’t you going to ask? | 你不打算问出口吗 |
[35:27] | Ask what? | 问什么 |
[35:28] | The question you came here to ask me. | 你来这想问我的 |
[35:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[35:37] | – Chaos. – Chaos? | -制造混乱 -混乱 |
[35:40] | Oh, yes. | 没错 |
[35:43] | Chaos is the great hope of those in the shadows. | 混乱是那些阴影中之人最大的希望 |
[35:47] | Chaos to a man like your father creates opportunity | 对于你父亲那样的人而言 混乱为你我这样的人 |
[35:50] | for people like you and me. | 创造了机会 |
[35:53] | Regimes fall, | 政权衰落 |
[35:55] | old worlds burn. | 旧世界被焚毁 |
[35:59] | And we decide what rises from the ashes. | 而我们来决定让什么从灰烬中重生 |
[36:04] | One step at a time. | 一步一步来 |
[36:14] | It’s very pretty. | 真的很漂亮 |
[36:16] | But, honestly, | 但说实在的 |
[36:18] | doesn’t a gas lamp do much the same but with less fuss? | 煤油灯不是一样的吗 而且没有这么麻烦 |
[36:23] | Well, that may be the case now, but, | 现在看来可能如此 但是 |
[36:26] | I mean, someday, the streets will be lined with wires | 有一天街道上会布满了电线 |
[36:29] | bringing electricity from distant steam plants. | 从远方的蒸汽工厂带来电力 |
[36:32] | There will be no smoke, no accidental fires. | 不再会有烟雾 没有意外火灾 |
[36:36] | You’ll just throw a switch, | 你只需要轻轻按下开关 |
[36:37] | and the light will chase away the darkness. | 光明就会驱走黑暗 |
[36:42] | Or at least that’s how I like to think | 至少这是我希望 |
[36:44] | that things will someday be. | 未来某天 世界会变成这样 |
[36:49] | Being forward-thinking is a good thing. | 超前思维是件好事 |
[36:52] | Sometimes it’s a necessary thing. | 有时候这是必要的 |
[36:57] | Is that how you do it? | 你就是这么做到的吗 |
[37:01] | Ignore the looks and the slights? | 无视那些鄙视的神色和轻蔑的眼神 |
[37:05] | By imagining the day | 想象着有一天 |
[37:07] | when the sight of a Puck on Finistere Crossing | 芬尼斯特十字街的人们看到一个羊怪时 |
[37:10] | attracts notice not for the cut of his coat | 会被他的内在吸引 |
[37:14] | but for that of his heart? | 而非他剪裁精巧的外衣 |
[37:21] | And I thought you deemed me vain. | 我还以为你觉得我很虚荣 |
[37:25] | Ridiculous, even. | 甚至很滑稽 |
[37:27] | No. | 不 |
[37:34] | I did at first, I admit. | 我承认 我最初的确这么认为 |
[37:39] | But now I see how wrong I was. | 但现在我知道我错得有多么离谱 |
[37:43] | You are quite unlike anyone I have ever met, Mr. Agreus. | 我从未见过你这样的人 阿格勒斯先生 |
[41:10] | This was brought here from Puyan | 它是被建立这里的院长 |
[41:13] | by the prior who founded this place. | 从普扬带来的 |
[41:18] | He salvaged it from the Great Hoff… | 他在博格军队把这夷为平地之前 |
[41:21] | when the Burguish Army razed it. | 把它抢救了下来 |
[41:35] | He wanted to make sure the old ways | 他想要确保那些古老的方法 |
[41:36] | would never be forgotten here. | 在这里永远不会失传 |
[41:40] | The Hidden One brought you to this place | 隐藏者引导你来到这里 |
[41:42] | because He has a purpose for you. | 是因为他有任务要交给你 |
[41:45] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[41:49] | Well, first, you must prove yourself to Him. | 首先你要向他证明你自己 |
[42:11] | Oh, no. No. | 不 不 不要 |
[42:16] | They’ve raised their hands against us for too long. | 他们对我们施以暴虐太久了 |
[42:19] | Now it’s our turn. | 现在轮到我们了 |
[42:22] | Blood for blood. | 以血还血 |
[42:32] | No, please. | 不 求求你 |
[42:33] | I… Please. | 我 求求你 |
[42:35] | Please. I’ve got a family. | 拜托了 我还有家人 |
[42:39] | Please. | 求求你 |
[42:48] | Oh. Oh, no… | 不 |
[42:58] | Please. | 求求你们 |
[42:59] | I’ve got a wife. I’ve got, I’ve got chil… | 我还有妻子 我有 我还有孩… |
[43:16] | The farm workers in Allora have gone on strike. | 阿罗拉的农场工人罢工了 |
[43:19] | Send in the Guard, what else? | 派出警卫 还有呢 |
[43:20] | Polls from the third ward show Wootenvale | 第三选区的民调显示我们在 |
[43:23] | within striking distance. | 伍特维尔的票数即将追平 |
[43:24] | Oh, schedule me an appearance at his next rally. | 他下次集会的时候安排我出席 |
[43:27] | See if we can’t close the gap. What else? | 看看能不能缩小差距 还有呢 |
[43:29] | Longerbane’s coalition… | 朗格本的同党 |
[43:30] | Good news, Winetrout. | 我想听好消息 韦恩劳特 |
[43:32] | If there is any. | 如果有的话 |
[43:34] | The constabulary has a suspect in custody | 警察厅羁押了一个 |
[43:36] | for the recent spate of murders. | 近期一宗连环命案的嫌疑人 |
[43:37] | There we are. See? That wasn’t that hard. | 这就对了 看吧 这没有那么难 |
[43:40] | Culprit is a half-blood, it turns out. | 结果发现罪魁祸首是个混血人类 |
[43:43] | The killings were to keep his secret. | 为了掩藏自己的秘密而大开杀戒 |
[43:44] | The murdered Pix was his own mother, I’m told. | 有人说那个被杀的精灵是他的亲生母亲 |
[43:47] | – Sordid business. – Aisling somebody– | -龌龊的勾当 -一个叫爱斯琳什么的 |
[43:49] | A songstress of some sort. | 是个女歌手 |
[43:53] | That’s the first I’ve heard of a murdered Pix. | 这是我头一次听说精灵被谋杀 |
[43:55] | Well, why would you have? | 你怎么会听到这种新闻 |
[43:57] | Uh– Yes, indeed. | 也对 的确 |
[43:59] | When does he hang? | 他什么时候上绞架 |
[44:00] | Sooner the better, I’d say. | 要我说 越快越好 |
[44:09] | I was feeling like I’d finally found a place in this city. | 我觉得我终于在这座城市里找到了归处 |
[44:14] | That’s when I saw the sign. | 就在那时我看见了那个标识 |
[44:15] | Treasures of Tirnanoc. | “特南诺克的宝藏” |
[44:21] | Everything I’d lived and breathed for, | 我为之呼吸及活着的一切 |
[44:23] | that I’d spent my entire life trying so hard to protect… | 我倾尽一生不遗余力去保护的一切 |
[44:27] | put into glass boxes for a bunch of idiots to gawk at. | 可它们现在被放在玻璃柜里供傻瓜们观赏 |
[44:31] | Like some fucking circus sideshow. | 就好像马戏团杂耍一样 |
[44:51] | Do you ever think about Tirnanoc? | 你想起过特南诺克吗 |
[44:58] | All the time. | 无时无刻 |
[45:03] | I wish I’d never left you. | 我希望我从来没有离开你 |
[45:08] | Oh, Philo… | 菲勒 |
[45:11] | …how did we get so lost? | 我们怎会迷失到如此境地 |
[45:15] | We’re not. | 我们没有 |
[45:19] | We’re found. | 我们找到了对方 |
[45:22] | Transfer order… | 莱克劳弗特·菲勒斯崔 |
[45:25] | for Rycroft Philostrate. | 你的调令下达了 |
[45:28] | – They’re coming for you. – I know. | -他们来抓你了 -我知道 |
[45:32] | – No, what… – Stay with me. | -不 什么 -陪着我 |
[45:35] | – Stay with me. – Philo… | -陪着我 -菲勒 |
[45:37] | Stay with me. | 陪着我 |
[45:40] | – Stay with me. – Get off him. | -陪着我 -放开他 |
[45:42] | – Get off him. Get off him. – Stay with me. | -放开他 放开他 -别走 |
[45:44] | Let go of him. Let go of him! | 放开他 放开他 |
[45:47] | – Please, Philo. – I love you. | -求你了 菲勒 -我爱你 |
[45:50] | Wait. | 等等 |
[45:53] | – Get your hands off him. – Come back. | -放开他 -回来 |
[45:55] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 等一下 |
[45:57] | Please. | 求你们了 |
[45:58] | Where are you taking him? Philo… | 你们要把他带去哪里 菲勒 |
[46:06] | Philo. | 菲勒 |
[46:12] | No… | 不 |