英文名称:Cape Fear
年代:1962
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:07] | Hey, daddy, where does Sam Bowden hang out? | 老爹 萨姆·鲍登在哪里 |
[02:10] | In there, sir. | 在那里 |
[02:11] | Court is about over, I think. | 庭审就要结束了 |
[02:25] | Oh, no, Your Honor. | 不行 法官大人 |
[02:27] | This would make the third adjournment of this case | 每次都因为辩方证人生病而延期 |
[02:29] | always due to the illness of some defense witness. | 这已经是第三次了 |
[02:32] | Now, granted that this witness is ill, | 就算这个证人病了 |
[02:35] | the defense still has 11 important witnesses able to testify | 辩方仍有十一个关键人证 |
[02:38] | while the plaintiff has but one. | 而原告人证只有一个 |
[02:41] | I submit that 11 against one should be enough. | 就算那十一位再年老体衰 |
[02:43] | No matter how sickly and decrepit those 11 happen to be. | 十一比一的结果也显而易见 |
[02:50] | Opposing counsel will please come closer to the bench | 双方律师请到法官席前 |
[02:52] | so that we can discuss this more privately. | 以便私下讨论 |
[02:57] | Now, Sam, you know this courtroom gets like an oven. | 萨姆 你明知道夏天的法庭热得像烤箱一样 |
[03:00] | You want a hostile jury on your hands? | 你想惹陪审团不高兴吗 |
[03:03] | Let’s put it over till fall and everybody’ll be happy. | 最好拖到秋天 大家都高兴 |
[03:05] | Everybody except my client. | 除了我的委托人 |
[03:06] | He has money due, and he’s badly in need of it. | 他可正等这笔赔款过日子呢 |
[03:10] | More important, my chief witness is quite an old man. | 再说我的主要证人这么老了 |
[03:13] | He might not be alive next fall. | 说不定活不到秋天 |
[03:16] | Motion for adjournment is denied. | 延期被否决 |
[03:18] | Since it is now after 4:00, | 现在已过四点 |
[03:20] | this trial will resume Monday morning. | 改在星期一早上继续审判 |
[03:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:56] | Hello, counselor. Remember me? | 你好啊 大律师 还认得我吗 |
[03:59] | Baltimore. | 在巴尔的摩 |
[04:01] | Eight years, four months and 13 days ago. | 八年四个月又十三天前 |
[04:05] | Becoming any clearer now, counselor? | 现在想起来了吧 大律师 |
[04:10] | Cady. Max Cady. | 卡迪 麦斯·卡迪 |
[04:12] | Good. I wouldn’t wanna think you’d forgotten me. | 没错 我料到你绝忘不了我 |
[04:16] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[04:18] | You didn’t remember me right off, did you? | 你没有马上记起我来 对不对 |
[04:22] | Well, I guess I’ve changed a little. | 我恐怕是变了不少 |
[04:24] | Where I’ve been, if you don’t change, they’re real disappointed. | 待在那种地方 要是不变样会让他们失望的 |
[04:27] | You haven’t changed a bit. And you know something? | 你一点都没变 说实话 |
[04:30] | That’s just the way I wanted it. | 这样最好 |
[04:33] | I wanted you to be just the way you were the last time I saw you. | 我倒是希望你仍能保持当年的模样 |
[04:38] | All right, you’ve seen me. What’s the rest? | 好啦 看也看到了 还有什么事 |
[04:40] | No rest. Just wanted to give you the word. | 没什么 就是给你提个醒 |
[04:43] | Just wanted you to get the picture, that’s all. | 提醒你目前的处境 |
[04:45] | -Give me the keys. -Why not? | -钥匙还给我 -没问题 |
[04:49] | Now let me get this straight. | 直说了吧 |
[04:52] | You’re not still blaming me for what you did? | 你自己做了坏事 还要埋怨我 |
[04:57] | You still don’t get the picture, do you, counselor? | 看来你还是没看清自己的处境啊 大律师 |
[05:01] | Well, I can see this is gonna take a little time. A lot of time. | 也好 看来得多花点时间 下大工夫 |
[05:08] | Hey, look at that, would ya? | 瞧啊 你看看 |
[05:10] | Look at that wiggle. | 扭得真厉害 |
[05:11] | Maybe she thinks we don’t know that’s on purpose, | 明摆着招蜂引蝶 |
[05:14] | but we’ve seen a thing or two, haven’t we, counselor? | 你我心里都明白 是不是啊 大律师 |
[05:16] | You ought to be an expert on such things, counselor. | 你该是这方面的专家啊 大律师 |
[05:18] | I hear you got ya a good-lookin’ wife | 我可听说您太太是个大美人 |
[05:20] | and a daughter who’s gonna be just like her. | 你们女儿也是亭亭玉立 |
[05:24] | Give my love to the family, counselor. Be seein’ you. | 替我问家人好 大律师 咱们回头见 |
[05:48] | Well, anyway, you’re 10 minutes late. | 你迟到 晚了十分钟 |
[05:50] | It’s a mistake to teach women how to tell time. | 当初真不该教女人看时间 |
[05:52] | They always use it against you. | 教会了 倒害自己受苦 |
[05:53] | Please don’t be long, Dad. | 爸爸 别拖太久 |
[05:55] | I asked Betty to bowl with us. | 我邀请了贝蒂 咱们一起去打保龄球 |
[05:57] | Betty? | 哪个贝蒂 |
[05:59] | Isn’t that that “utterly rancid little thing” | 是不是那个”臭气熏天小混蛋” |
[06:01] | that you detest with every fiber of your being? | 你不是最讨厌人家吗 |
[06:04] | That was last week. This week they’re inseparable. | 那是上个礼拜 这个礼拜她们快好成一个人了 |
[06:20] | Think I’ll just sit here and keep score. | 那么我就坐在这儿计分好了 |
[06:22] | Cheat. | 赖皮 |
[06:39] | -Beer. -Okay. | -来瓶啤酒 -马上来 |
[07:12] | Here you go. | 啤酒来了 |
[07:14] | You’re kind of fast on your feet, ain’t you? | 你的动作真快 |
[07:16] | Oh, you have to be around here. | 在这里工作就要动作快 |
[07:22] | That, that ring mean anything? | 那个戒指有意义吗 |
[07:24] | Yeah, it means plenty. | 当然有 |
[07:26] | Does that mean anything? | 这个有意义吗 |
[08:15] | Dad, you’re slipping. | 爸爸 你没打中 |
[08:19] | Usually, you would have said the pin moved. | 往常你都会说是球柱动了 |
[08:23] | It did. | 本来就是 |
[08:44] | Nice shot. | 打得不错 |
[08:46] | Don’t mind me, counselor. | 大律师 别在意 |
[08:48] | I’m just getting a gander at the rest of your family. | 我就想瞧瞧你们一家人 |
[08:52] | Yeah, you’re a lucky man. | 你真好命 |
[08:53] | Did you see my strike, Daddy? Did you? | 瞧见没 爸爸 全中 瞧见没 |
[09:01] | Police Department. | 警察局 |
[09:02] | Chief Dutton, please. | 请接达顿局长 |
[09:04] | Chief Dutton? He’s probably left, but I’ll try. | 达顿局长恐怕离开了 我试试看 |
[09:12] | Chief Dutton. | 我是达顿局长 |
[09:13] | Mark, Sam Bowden. | 马克 是我萨姆·鲍登 |
[09:15] | Well, hello, Sam. | 你好 萨姆 |
[09:17] | Mind if I drop over for a minute this evening? | 晚上到府上去方便吗 |
[09:19] | Not at all, Sam. You know the house. | 没问题 来吧 认识我家吧 萨姆 |
[09:21] | -Yes, I know it. Thanks, Mark. -Right. | -认识 多谢了 马克 -没什么 |
[09:26] | What’s on your mind, Sam? | 萨姆 出什么事了吗 |
[09:28] | There’s an ex-convict in town, name of Max Cady. | 麦斯·卡迪是个前科犯 现在正在城里 |
[09:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:35] | I think he’s starting a war of nerves with me. | 他好像在和我玩心理战 |
[09:38] | I hope it’s only that. | 但愿仅只于此 |
[09:41] | Has he threatened you? | 他威胁你吗 |
[09:43] | No, nothing that would hold in court. | 不 那些在法庭上站不住脚 |
[09:45] | You have to know him to feel the threat. | 认识他的人才能感觉到那威胁 |
[09:48] | He stopped me this afternoon after court | 今天在法院外他拦住我 |
[09:49] | and he showed up again this evening at the bowling center. | 晚上又出现在保龄球馆 |
[09:53] | He followed me. | 他跟踪我 |
[09:55] | Well, why? | 为什么 |
[09:57] | I was up in Baltimore about eight years ago, on a case. | 为了八年前 巴尔的摩的一件案子 |
[10:02] | One night, I was walking back to my hotel quite late. | 有天深夜我回旅馆去 |
[10:05] | I heard a kind of a commotion in the rear of a dark parking lot. | 听到漆黑的停车场有动静 |
[10:08] | It sounded like someone whimpering. | 听上去有人在啜泣 |
[10:11] | I ran over. | 我跑过去 |
[10:13] | A girl was being attacked. | 看到一个女孩遭到攻击 |
[10:15] | I grappled with the man, | 我立刻抓住那个男人 |
[10:17] | she suddenly got her breath back and started screaming at the top of her voice. | 女孩喘过气来 大声尖叫 |
[10:21] | When he saw the police, he went completely berserk. | 那男人看到警察时 居然气得发狂 |
[10:25] | Put the girl in the hospital for over a month. | 女孩伤的不轻 住了一个多月的医院 |
[10:29] | And that was Max Cady. | 他就是麦斯·卡迪 |
[10:33] | Later on, I had to go back up and appear against him as a witness. | 后来我做了控方证人 |
[10:37] | You feel sure that he blames you personally? | 确认他迁怒于你 |
[10:40] | That was perfectly clear at the trial. | 庭审的时候就表现得相当明显 |
[10:44] | I thought it was strange when he showed up here this afternoon, | 下午在法院见到他时 我只觉得奇怪 |
[10:48] | but I wasn’t really worried until I saw him at the bowling center. | 直到他出现在保龄球馆 我才紧张起来 |
[10:58] | It was the way he looked at my family. | 他看我家人的眼神 想想就觉得可怕 |
[11:04] | All ex-cons are required to register on arrival in a new town. | 每到新地方 前科犯必须向当局登记 |
[11:13] | Sergeant, this is Dutton. | 警官 我是达顿 |
[11:15] | There’s an ex-con named Max Cady. | 有个叫麦斯·卡迪的前科犯 |
[11:17] | Hold on. How do you spell that, Sam? | 等等 萨姆 他的名字怎么拼 |
[11:18] | -C-A-D-Y -C-A-D-Y. Has he registered here in the last few days? | -CADY -CADY 前几天有没有来登记过 |
[11:25] | Chances are he hasn’t done it. We can run him out of town on that. | 很可能没登记 这样就有理由赶他走 |
[11:29] | Thanks, Sergeant. Hold on. | 警官 谢谢你 慢着 |
[11:30] | He’s smart. Registered yesterday. | 昨天就登记过了 还算有点常识 |
[11:32] | What address did he give? | 地址呢 |
[11:35] | I see. Switch me to Lieutenant Gervasi. | 好 替我接格维西中尉 |
[11:38] | The address is over at the dock area. | 他住在码头区 |
[11:41] | It sounds like he’s short of dough. | 似乎没什么钱 |
[11:43] | We can get him on vagrancy. | 可以用流浪汉名义抓他 |
[11:45] | Pete? Pete, I want a pickup on Max Cady. | 彼得 彼得 我要你把麦斯·卡迪抓起来 |
[11:50] | Registration has the description. | 在登记表上有他的描述 |
[11:52] | Fine. You call me back, you hear? | 好 办完打电话给我 听到没 |
[11:55] | Thanks, Mark. | 谢谢你 马克 |
[11:57] | My family’s home alone. I better be going. | 我太太和女儿单独在家 得赶快回去了 |
[12:01] | You have a dog, don’t you, Sam? | 萨姆 你有条狗 对吗 |
[12:03] | She couldn’t bite through a donut, but she’s a good barker. | 她不咬人 却很会叫 |
[12:06] | That’s good enough. I’ll call you when they pick him up. | 那就足够了 等抓到他后 我给你打电话 |
[12:10] | I hope I haven’t put you to all this trouble for nothing. | 希望没让你空忙一场 |
[12:12] | -Well, Sam, I hope it is for nothing. -Good night. | -最好没事 -晚安 |
[13:31] | -You’re Max Cady? -Well, I could be. What’s your problem? | -你是麦斯·卡迪 -是吧 有什么事 |
[13:34] | We wanna talk to you outside. | 咱们到外面谈谈 |
[13:37] | You start reachin’ for those, you better call for the riot squad, man. | 你最好别用它 否则就要叫镇暴小组了 伙计 |
[13:41] | I don’t mind a little talk, I just don’t like being pawed, you know. | 谈谈没问题 我可不喜欢人碰我 伙计 |
[13:45] | I’ll come back for the change later. | 等会儿回来记得找零 |
[13:56] | I’m gonna give you just one hour to get rid of your friends. | 你有一个钟头时间把他们打发掉 |
[14:00] | Are you trying to pick me up? | 你想抓我 |
[14:02] | Yes. Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:18] | Now you know I’m not drunk. But I’m a cooperative guy. | 我可没喝醉 但我是个懂规矩的好市民 |
[14:23] | Here. See that card? John W. Moss, M. D. | 瞧见这名片了 马斯医生 |
[14:29] | If you wanna give me an intoxication test, bring that gentleman down here. | 如果要给我做酒精测试 最好叫他来做 |
[14:33] | I didn’t spend eight years in the can studying law for nothin’. | 在监狱里 我研究了八年法律 |
[14:37] | I’ve got a legal right to be examined by my own physician, | 我有权叫私人医生来做检验 |
[14:40] | or didn’t you boys know that? | 难道你们不知道 |
[14:41] | Well, never mind. You’ll be sober enough when you leave here anyway. | 算了吧 反正等你离开时酒也醒了 |
[14:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:54] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[14:59] | Well, well, well. We seem to be seeing quite a bit of each other today. | 瞧瞧 这是谁啊 咱们最近倒常见面呀 |
[15:04] | Let’s strip down to your shorts, Cady. | 卡迪 把衣服脱掉 只剩短裤 |
[15:06] | Right. | 好的 |
[15:13] | I suppose you thought I was going to object to a strip search, | 我猜你觉得我会反对搜身 |
[15:15] | didn’t you, Chief? | 是吗 长官 |
[15:17] | No, siree, not me. | 抱歉 让你失望了 |
[15:19] | Like I said, I’m a cooperative guy. | 我说过 我是好市民 |
[15:22] | Hey, you better check that shirt. | 小心搜搜衬衫 |
[15:23] | I got a couple of jolts of horse stashed under the collar. | 领子下面藏着违禁品呢 |
[15:26] | -Let’s make with the pants. -Comin’ up. Comin’ up, Chief. | -长裤脱掉 -马上 别急 长官 |
[15:31] | What are you doin’ in our town? | 你到这里来做什么 |
[15:33] | Well, they told me it was a pleasant climate, | 有人告诉我这里的天气很好 |
[15:36] | plenty of boatin’ on the river, | 又可以在河上驾船 |
[15:39] | a lot of fine, stand-up citizens like our friend here, the counselor. | 还有好多像 这位大律师一样的好市民 |
[15:43] | I figured it may be just the place for me. | 我就喜欢这样的地方 |
[15:46] | How much money have you got? | 你有多少钱 |
[15:48] | Well, here’s my wallet. Why don’t you check for yourself, Chief? | 这是我的皮夹 请便吧 长官 |
[15:57] | $7. | 只有七块钱 |
[15:59] | Well, now, that’s just not enough, Cady. | 那可不够你生活 卡迪 |
[16:01] | I’m charging you with vagrancy | 明早你最好给我滚远点 |
[16:03] | unless you’re 100 miles away from here by morning. | 否则就把你当流浪汉抓起来 |
[16:05] | Would you look just a little harder, please, Chief, sir? | 拜托找仔细点 长官阁下 |
[16:08] | Little black bank book in there. Read what that says. | 瞧瞧这有个小黑存折 上面怎么写的 |
[16:12] | -This one? -That’s it. | -这本 -对 |
[16:16] | Well, $5,400. Where’d you get it? | 好家伙 五千四百美元 怎么来的 |
[16:19] | You notice it’s in a bank right here and deposited this very day. | 这是家本地银行 今天刚存的 |
[16:22] | You saw that, didn’t you, Chief, sir? | 看到没有 长官阁下 |
[16:23] | I asked you where you got it, boy! | 我问你怎么来的 小子 |
[16:24] | Well, now, that could be my business, couldn’t it? | 做生意赚的 不行吗 |
[16:27] | Would you advise me to answer a question like that, counselor? | 大律师 你认为我该回答吗 |
[16:30] | You’d be wise to answer it. | 最好回答 |
[16:32] | That’s the kind of advice I like | 这建议不错 |
[16:33] | because, like I said, I’m a cooperative guy. | 还是那句话 我是个好市民 |
[16:36] | Now, you check with the escrow officer | 去向马里兰州巴尔的摩市第一国家银行的 |
[16:38] | in the First National Bank in Baltimore, Maryland, | 买卖公证处查询就行 |
[16:40] | and he’d be happy to tell you exactly where that money come from. | 他会很乐意告诉你钱的来龙去脉 |
[16:44] | -Anything? -Nothing, Chief. | -怎么样 -什么也没有 长官 |
[16:47] | Come on, Sam. | 萨姆 走吧 |
[16:48] | “Come on, Sam”? | “萨姆 走吧” |
[16:51] | Y’all kind of friendly, ain’t you? | 你们倒挺亲密的 是不是 |
[16:53] | Nice, tight little corporation. | 合作无间嘛 |
[16:55] | “Mark, old buddy, I don’t like that man’s face. | “马克 老伙计 我不想看到这家伙” |
[16:57] | “Throw him out of town.” | “把他赶走” |
[16:58] | “Why, certainly, Sam. Anything to oblige you.” | “这个嘛 没问题 照你说的办” |
[17:01] | Well, I’m gonna tell you something, mister. | 告诉你 别作梦 |
[17:03] | You’re gonna be old and gray before I ever leave this town. | 想赶我走 门也没有 |
[17:09] | I’ll give you a warning. | 我警告你 |
[17:12] | Stay off my property. | 离我的家人 |
[17:15] | Day or night. | 远点 |
[17:43] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:44] | Sorry I couldn’t phone you sooner, but I was out on a case. | 我正忙一件案子 抱歉没能早点打电话 |
[17:47] | Anyway, I got hold of the escrow officer out at his home early. | 我和买卖公证处联络过了 |
[17:50] | Cady sold the old family farm for $5,900, net. | 卡迪卖掉他老家的农场 净赚了五千九百美元 |
[17:55] | He’s in the clear, Sam. | 没把柄可抓 萨姆 |
[17:58] | When are you going to release him? | 打算什么时候要放了他 |
[18:00] | I’ve already done it. A couple of hours ago. | 已经放了 就在几小时前 |
[18:06] | Hold on, Mark. What’s going on with Marilyn? | 马克你等一下 玛丽莲怎么了 |
[18:10] | I don’t know. I can’t see her in the bushes. | 不知道 树丛里看不见它 |
[18:16] | -Where’s your mother? -In the kitchen, I think. | -你妈妈呢 -大概在厨房吧 |
[18:23] | -You still there, Sam? -Yes, Mark. | -萨姆 你还在吗 -在 马克 |
[18:26] | Just remember that there are legal ways to convince Mr. Cady | 你记住 可以用合法的方式 |
[18:29] | that this can be a pretty poor place to live in. | 让卡迪先生知难而退 |
[18:32] | We’ll do all we can. | 我们会尽量去做的 |
[18:35] | I don’t have to tell you to keep your eyes open. | 不过你自己要多加小心 |
[18:38] | You can bank on that. Thanks, Mark. | 我会的 你放心 多谢了 马克 |
[18:47] | Marilyn stopped barking. Maybe she caught a rabbit. | 玛丽莲不叫了 可能抓到兔子了 |
[18:50] | You know that Marilyn never caught a rabbit in her life. | 它从没抓过兔子 |
[18:52] | If she did, do you suppose she’d eat it? | 万一逮到它会把兔子吃掉吗 |
[18:54] | She doesn’t know that rabbits are to eat. | 它可没吃过兔子 |
[18:56] | Sam! Sam! Sam! | 萨姆 快快快 |
[19:00] | Sam, come quick! | 萨姆 快来 |
[19:02] | It’s Marilyn! She’s having a fit! | 玛丽莲 它出事啦 |
[19:12] | Get the car started. | 快发动车子 |
[19:18] | Dad, what’s the matter with her? | 爸爸 它怎么了 |
[19:20] | Dad, what’s the matter? What’s the matter, Marilyn? | 爸爸 怎么回事 玛丽莲 你怎么啦 |
[19:24] | Oh, Dad, what’s the matter? | 天呀 爸爸 到底怎么啦 |
[19:26] | Open the door. I’ll get in the back. | 开车门 我坐后面 |
[19:30] | You get in the front. | 你到前面坐 |
[19:31] | Maybe we better not take her. | 也许不该带南茜去 |
[19:33] | She can’t stay here. | 留在这里不安全 |
[19:40] | Ten-to-one it was strychnine, Sam. | 八成是马钱子碱 萨姆 |
[19:42] | You couldn’t have saved her if you’d been twice as quick. | 再快也救不了它 |
[19:46] | To me, it’s the same as murdering a human. | 对我来说 这和杀人无异 |
[19:49] | It’s a shame Nancy had to see it. | 真抱歉让南茜看到 |
[19:54] | She was meant to see it. | 她注定看到 |
[20:01] | Well, thanks, Doctor. | 医生 谢谢你 |
[20:23] | Don’t let Daddy see you like this. | 别让爸爸看到你哭丧着脸 |
[20:26] | But this is when I always feed her. | 我都是这时候喂它的 |
[20:38] | I’d like to speak to both of you. | 我得跟你们俩谈谈 |
[20:42] | I’m not telling you this to frighten you, | 不是想吓你们 |
[20:46] | but I want you to be careful | 而是要你们留点神 |
[20:48] | and I think you’re old enough to be told why. | 你长大了 应该能接受事实 |
[20:54] | Eight years ago, I was a witness against a man, and he was sent to prison. | 八年前一个人进了监狱 我是控方证人 |
[20:59] | And the thing is he’s out now | 现在他出狱了 |
[21:01] | and blames me for his conviction. | 他对我一直怀恨在心 |
[21:04] | He’s the one that poisoned Marilyn. | 是他毒死了玛丽莲 |
[21:06] | Maybe. But there’s no proof of that. | 很有可能 可惜没证据 |
[21:10] | But you know he did. | 但是你知道是他做的 |
[21:13] | Thinking isn’t knowing. Just be careful. | 没证据就算知道也没用 你们要留神 |
[21:16] | This is a big man. | 这个大个子男人 |
[21:17] | He has dark hair. He smokes cigars | 一头黑发 抽雪茄 |
[21:20] | and usually wears a Panama hat. | 常戴一顶巴拿马草帽 |
[21:22] | I’ll get you a police photograph of him. | 我会给你们一张警方的照片 |
[21:27] | Until we have this thing under control, | 这事解决之前 |
[21:29] | I want you never to leave this house | 出门必须有妈妈陪着 |
[21:31] | or the school grounds, except in your mother’s car. | 否则不能私自离开家和学校 |
[21:46] | There’s nothing to worry about as long as you’re careful. | 只要自己多加小心就没事 |
[21:49] | The police are going to keep a very close watch on the house | 警方也会随时替我们留意 |
[21:52] | and the chances are that he’s just trying to scare us anyway. | 我估计他只想吓吓我们 |
[21:58] | A man like that doesn’t deserve civil rights. | 那种人根本不配享有人权 |
[22:01] | ‘Cause you know, you can’t put a man in jail for what he might do. | 可是依照法律 不能因为他打算做坏事就抓人 |
[22:05] | And thank heaven for that. | 谢天谢地 |
[22:12] | Do you think we should go away for a while? | 你觉得我们是不是该出去躲一阵 |
[22:15] | Take Nancy out of school? | 南茜也别去学校了 |
[22:16] | I did think of that. | 我确实想过 |
[22:19] | But Cady can afford to go anyplace we can go. | 可卡迪会一直跟着咱们 |
[22:26] | What are we going to do about that man? | 那该怎么对付那家伙 |
[22:32] | I don’t know yet. I know one thing. | 还没想到 但有件事很重要 |
[22:36] | We mustn’t let him frighten us. | 不能让他吓住咱们 |
[22:38] | That’ll be just playing his game. | 那样就着了他的道 |
[22:55] | Sam? | 萨姆 |
[24:21] | What are you doing down here? | 你在楼下做什么 |
[24:23] | I was hungry, and I heard Dad. | 我肚子饿 爸爸也在楼下 |
[24:24] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[24:26] | He’s talking to a policeman. | 在和警察说话 |
[24:31] | Probably just drove along the alley and tossed the meat out. | 可能是沿着巷子开车 然后把肉丢出来 |
[24:35] | -Well, thanks for coming by. -You bet. | -谢谢你能来 -放心吧 |
[24:37] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[24:50] | Don’t you ever do that to me again. | 以后别再这样吓我 |
[24:57] | What were your physical findings, Dr. Pearsall? | 皮尔索尔医生 检查发现了什么 |
[25:00] | Physical findings were a one-inch shortening of the left leg. | 体检发现左腿短了一英英寸 |
[25:03] | And the X-ray? | X光方面呢 |
[25:04] | The X-ray revealed that though the fracture healed, | X光显示骨折虽已愈合 |
[25:07] | there was marked indication of degenerative joint disease. | 但有明显的关节退化症 |
[25:10] | And by “degenerative joint disease” you mean arthritis? | “关节退化症”就是关节炎吗 |
[25:12] | Yes. And what was your diagnosis? | 是的 那么结论是 |
[25:14] | Diagnosis was hip fracture with destruction of the joint surfaces, | 臀部骨折 再加上关节表面损伤 |
[25:18] | which caused the pain and restriction of motion. | 活动时会疼 引起行动不便 |
[25:21] | You then performed surgery upon the plaintiff? | 那么你对原告进行了手术治疗 |
[25:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:25] | I have a model here, | 这个模型 |
[25:26] | which should make the operation easy for the jury to understand. | 应该能帮助陪审团更容易明白 |
[25:30] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[25:31] | Chief Dutton wants to see you in his office. | 达顿局长要见你 |
[25:35] | -Right now? -Right now. | -现在 -对 |
[25:38] | Your Honor, may I be excused for a few minutes? | 法官大人 我有事要离开一会 可以吗 |
[25:41] | Mr. Garner will continue the questioning. | 葛纳先生会继续提问 |
[25:43] | Permission granted. | 允许离开 |
[25:46] | Keep him on as long as you can. The jury likes him. | 陪审团喜欢他 尽量让他表现 |
[25:51] | Oh, yes. Yes, it is clear to me. | 是的 没错 我都明白 |
[25:55] | That’s fine if you wanna handle it that way. | 要是你决定这样处理也没关系 |
[25:58] | All right, then you tell the county it’s their case, that’s all. | 那就直接告诉郡方 这是他们的案子 |
[26:01] | Sam, I’m sorry to pull you out like this, | 抱歉由于情况严重 |
[26:03] | but this could be serious, for both of us. | 所以突然把你叫来 |
[26:05] | Your friend Cady turned up with Dave Grafton. | 卡迪居然请到了戴夫·格拉夫顿 |
[26:09] | Oh, that’s it. | 喔 真不简单 |
[26:10] | Well, he got himself the right man. | 这次算他找对人了 |
[26:14] | Not for us. You know what he’s like. He’s one of these ardent types. | 局势对咱们不妙 你认识戴夫 他可是个激进份子 |
[26:18] | You slap a cigarette out of some hoodlum’s mouth, | 警察把无赖口中的雪茄拿走 |
[26:20] | five minutes later, | 不出五分钟 |
[26:20] | he’s down in the mayor’s office yelling police brutality, | 他就在市长办公室里大骂警察暴力执法 |
[26:23] | rallying the bleeding heart squad. | 拉帮结派 制造舆论 |
[26:31] | Hello, Dave. | 你好 戴夫 |
[26:32] | Good morning, Sam. | 萨姆 早上好 |
[26:34] | Say, I hope you haven’t come down here | 什么风把你吹来了 |
[26:35] | to dispute me on any technicalities. | 不是通知我惹上官司了吧 |
[26:37] | No, I’m here as a citizen, not as a lawyer. | 放心 我现在不是律师 就是普通百姓 |
[26:40] | -Don’t worry about technicalities. -Thank you, very kindly. | -不用担心那些术语 -那我就放心了 |
[26:45] | First, let me say that my client does not wanna make any trouble. | 首先要说的是 我的委托人不想惹麻烦 |
[26:49] | He merely wants to put an end to this persecution. | 他只是不想继续被骚扰 |
[26:52] | What persecution is this? | 什么骚扰 |
[26:55] | Well, I believe your records will show the following. | 那就直说了吧 以下的事你应该都有记录 |
[26:59] | Detention in jail last Friday night. | 上周五晚我的委托人被拘留 |
[27:01] | Oh, I agree that you were technically within your rights. | 理论上讲 你确实有问询的权力 |
[27:05] | I merely mention this as the beginning of a pattern. | 之所以要说 是因为之后的事有点不正常 |
[27:08] | What pattern? | 哪不正常 |
[27:09] | Oh, I intend to establish this pattern. | 我正要说 |
[27:13] | On Saturday, Mr. Cady’s room was searched, his car was searched. | 上周六 卡迪先生的房间和车子都被搜查过 |
[27:17] | Did he protest the search? | 他准备抗议吗 |
[27:19] | During this time, | 当时他被 |
[27:21] | my client was made to feel he was suspected of poisoning a dog. | 认定是毒狗嫌犯 |
[27:23] | A truly despicable act, causing serious damage to his reputation! | 这种卑鄙的行动 严重损害了他的名声 |
[27:26] | Now hold on right there. | 你等等再说 |
[27:28] | I can guarantee you that none of my officers mentioned | 我保证除了告诉卡迪外 |
[27:30] | this to anyone but Cady. | 并没对别人说过 |
[27:31] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[27:32] | But people do become curious | 但是被警察搜屋 |
[27:35] | when a citizen’s room is searched by the police. | 总会引起人们的揣测 |
[27:37] | Now, on Monday, my client was picked up and interrogated | 本周一 因为怀疑参与持械抢劫 |
[27:42] | by the police on suspicion of armed robbery. | 我的委托人被警察带走问询 |
[27:44] | On Tuesday, | 本周二 |
[27:45] | my client was forced to stand in a lineup | 我的委托人又被要求 |
[27:46] | on suspicion of purse-snatching. | 站在抢包嫌犯中被指认 |
[27:49] | This constant attention by the police | 由于不断的被警方骚扰 |
[27:51] | caused his landlady to ask him to vacate the premises. | 他的房东要求他搬走 |
[27:54] | He was forced to find other, more expensive lodgings. | 他被迫另寻住处 付更高的租金 |
[27:57] | All right, what are you getting at? What’s the point? | 行了 你想说什么 重点是什么 |
[28:00] | Don’t the police have a right to interrogate a suspect anymore? | 警察还不能询问疑犯了吗 |
[28:04] | Sam, you know, if anybody had told me a week ago | 说实话 萨姆 要是一个礼拜前 |
[28:09] | that you were capable of a remark like that… | 我怎么也不相信你会这么说 |
[28:13] | Let me continue with the pattern. | 我接着说哪不正常吧 |
[28:16] | On Wednesday, he was picked up twice. | 本周三 一天被带走两次 |
[28:18] | First on suspicion of burglary, second on suspicion of grand theft auto. | 一次怀疑盗窃 一次怀疑偷车 |
[28:22] | His new landlord become aware of this, in some manner, | 新房东察觉后 又多少起了疑心 |
[28:25] | and, again, Mr. Cady was forced to move. | 再一次 卡迪先生被迫搬家 |
[28:28] | His present lodgings are squalid and uncomfortable. | 他现在的住处又脏又不舒服 |
[28:30] | Well, today is Thursday. You must be about finished. | 今天是星期四 你该报告完了吧 |
[28:33] | For the moment, yes. | 到目前为止 是的 |
[28:35] | Then what is this pattern you’re talking about? | 那你所谓的不正常又是怎么回事 |
[28:38] | Well, I’m sure that Mr. Bowden here is still | 鲍登先生 作为律师 |
[28:41] | enough of a lawyer to see it. | 你应该很清楚 |
[28:43] | My client is an ex-convict. | 我的委托人有过前科 |
[28:45] | He’s been constantly harassed by the police, | 如今不断的被警方骚扰 |
[28:48] | subjected to extreme mental cruelty and public degradation. | 受到了极度的精神摧残和公众排挤 |
[28:50] | He’s even been denied an adequate place to live. | 已经让他没法正常生活了 |
[28:53] | To be very blunt, gentlemen, my client has been thoroughly rousted! | 说白了 这是要驱逐我的委托人 |
[28:58] | And isn’t it also a fact | 还有 |
[29:00] | that with manpower as short as you say it is, | 你说过警力不足 |
[29:03] | that officers are assigned day and night to guarding the premises | 那怎么还派人全天守着一处私宅 |
[29:07] | of one private individual who happens to be a personal friend of yours? | 就算那宅子是你好朋友的 |
[29:10] | This without any evidence of danger! | 这也未免太过份了吧 |
[29:12] | You’re referring to my house. | 你说我家吗 |
[29:14] | Yes, I am! | 是的 没错 |
[29:16] | Then I ask, who furnished you with that information? | 那请问你 是谁给你这些资料的 |
[29:31] | Well, I think you will find that this is a matter | 你应该知道这件事 |
[29:35] | of common knowledge in the department. | 已闹得整个警局都知道了 |
[29:37] | Grafton, I want you to listen to this. | 格拉夫顿 你给我听好了 |
[29:40] | I don’t owe Sam Bowden any special favors nor do I give any. | 我既没欠萨姆·鲍登人情 也没给他特殊待遇 |
[29:44] | In each 24 hours, | 24小时中花在他住宅的 |
[29:45] | there’s been less than two hours devoted to guarding his house | 时间少于两个钟头 |
[29:48] | and I’m prepared to substantiate that! | 我这里有充分的证明 |
[29:50] | Now are you finished? | 你讲完了吗 |
[29:54] | That depends, gentlemen. | 看情况了 先生们 |
[29:56] | It depends wholly on the treatment that my client receives from now on. | 这完全取决于今后你们对我委托人的态度 |
[30:04] | Come, Mr. Cady. | 卡迪 我们走 |
[30:06] | Gentlemen. | 各位再见 |
[30:12] | I’ll see you around, counselor. | 大律师回头见 |
[30:22] | Well, now you can see why I wanted you to hear this, Sam. | 萨姆 现在你知道为什么要你来了吧 |
[30:25] | I can’t do anything more without an overt act. | 他不出手 我拿他没辙 |
[30:28] | Like a neat little murder? | 杀了人才判刑 是吗 |
[30:30] | You show me a law that prevents crime. | 法律不能事先扼止犯罪 |
[30:33] | All we can do is act after the fact. | 我们只能在事发后采取行动 |
[30:36] | You remember the Hoffman murder? | 你还记得霍夫曼谋杀案 |
[30:38] | Before she was killed, Mrs. Hoffman came up here week after week | 霍夫曼太太遇害前 |
[30:41] | telling us that her husband was gonna do it, and I believed it. | 曾一次又一次对我说 她丈夫要杀她 我也相信 |
[30:44] | But I couldn’t arrest a man for something that might be in his mind. | 可总不能逮捕一个有预谋却还没实施的罪犯吧 |
[30:46] | That’s dictatorship. | 这就是法律 |
[30:48] | Now, Sam, you’re a citizen. Would you want it any other way? | 萨姆 现在你身受其害 是不是能有别的方法 |
[30:56] | What am I supposed to do? | 能怎么办 |
[30:59] | Pull up the drawbridge? Sit home with a loaded gun? | 关门上锁 枪上膛 坐家里等着 |
[31:02] | Have the groceries dropped in by airlift? | 叫人空降食物 |
[31:05] | That’s kind of an artificial way to live, wouldn’t you say? | 这也不失为一个办法 对不对 |
[31:08] | Sam, I’m going to make a humiliating suggestion. | 我给你提个建议 萨姆 |
[31:11] | And it’s humiliating for me. | 就是有点丢人 |
[31:15] | You hire yourself a private detective. | 去雇个私家侦探 |
[31:17] | Now, that’s all you can do. You get Charlie Sievers. | 这是唯一的法子 去找查理·西弗斯 |
[31:20] | Now, if anybody can dig up something we can act on, he can. | 现在也只有他能挖出点有用的线索 |
[31:25] | -A private detective? -That’s right. | -私家侦探 -不错 |
[31:29] | Mark, I’m not gonna go into the “I am a taxpayer” routine, | 我不想用”纳税人”的帽子来压你 马克 |
[31:32] | but is that the best you can do? | 你就不能出点别的主意 |
[31:34] | You’re telling me to go hire protection? | 叫我去雇侦探 |
[31:36] | That’s a hell of a note, isn’t it? | 是够讽刺的 对不对 |
[31:39] | Either we have too many laws or not enough. | 法律不是太过就是不及 |
[31:59] | Why are we going this way? | 为什么走这条路 |
[32:01] | Better scenery. | 风景好呀 |
[32:03] | What would you know about scenery or beauty | 你懂什么风景 什么美丑 |
[32:08] | or any of the things that really make life worth living? | 懂什么生活的意义 |
[32:13] | You’re just an animal. | 你不过是个野兽 |
[32:17] | Coarse, lustful, barbaric. | 粗俗 好色 又野蛮 |
[32:21] | Keep right on talkin’, honey. I like it when you run me down like that. | 宝贝 继续说 我就爱听你说 |
[32:27] | Max Cady, what I like about you is | 麦斯·卡迪 我就喜欢你这点 |
[32:31] | you’re rock bottom. | 不做作 |
[32:35] | I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, | 你或许不懂 |
[32:38] | but it’s a great comfort for a girl to know | 但对女孩来说 知道最坏也不过如此时 |
[32:40] | she could not possibly sink any lower. | 那才是最大的安慰 |
[32:45] | Yeah. Come on, tell me some more about that time when you were | 是嘛 跟我多讲点你在 |
[32:50] | Queen of the Veiled Prophet’s Ball. | 蒙面先知舞会上夺魁的事 |
[33:05] | Yes? Operator, Police Department. | 接线员吗 请接警察局 |
[33:09] | Police Department. Give me Sergeant Elkins. | 警察局 我找埃尔金斯警官 |
[33:11] | This is Sergeant Elkins. | 我就是 |
[33:12] | Hello, Mike. This is Charlie Sievers. | 你好 麦克 我是查理·西弗斯 |
[33:14] | I’m at the corner of Sherman and DeSoto. | 我在谢尔曼街和迪苏托街的交口 |
[33:17] | Now, if you want something on Max Cady, | 要找麦斯·卡迪的麻烦的话 现在正是时候 |
[33:20] | he’s up in a room with a girl who just blew into town a few days ago. | 黛安·泰勒是几天前才到这里的外地人 |
[33:23] | Diane Taylor. He’s in the room with her now. | 他们现在正在房间中 |
[33:27] | 2041 Sherman. | 在谢尔曼街2041号 |
[33:30] | She’s over 18, but you can still get him for lewd vagrancy. | 她成年了 但仍能以猥亵罪逮捕这个流浪汉 |
[34:54] | That’s the room. Second floor. | 房间就在二楼 |
[35:15] | Open up! Open up! | 开门 快开门 |
[35:28] | There’s a back door open here and an outside stairway. | 后门有直通外面的楼梯 |
[35:58] | Something kind of weird’s happened to her. | 她表现得很奇怪 |
[36:01] | I can’t get her to spill a thing. | 一句话也不肯讲 |
[36:04] | Maybe you can. | 也许你有办法 |
[36:30] | Miss Taylor? | 泰勒小姐 |
[36:40] | You’re probably hurt worse than you realize. | 可能你都没意识你伤得有多重 |
[36:43] | Would you like me to get a doctor? | 帮你叫医生来好吗 |
[36:52] | My name is Charlie Sievers. I’m a private detective, | 我叫查理·西弗斯 是私家侦探 |
[36:55] | and I can help you. | 我能帮你 |
[36:57] | No need to take a beating like this lying down. | 你绝对不能默不作声地忍受这种毒打 |
[37:00] | A man like that has no right to walk around free. | 那种男人应该待在牢里 |
[37:04] | You’ve got the law on your side. Why not use it? | 法律会保护你 为什么不起诉 |
[37:11] | Now, no one blames you for being afraid of Max Cady. | 没人会因为你害怕麦斯·卡迪而笑话你 |
[37:14] | This one’s different, and you know it. | 你知道他跟平常人不一样 |
[37:17] | He beat you up tonight. He’ll probably do it again tomorrow night. | 今晚揍了你 明天可能还会揍你 |
[37:21] | He might even kill you. | 甚至杀了你 |
[37:32] | Let me take you down to the homicide bureau. | 我可以带你去凶杀组 |
[37:35] | I’ll show you photographs of girls | 去看那些被卡迪这种人 |
[37:37] | who got mixed up with men like Cady, | 所杀害女孩的照片 |
[37:40] | and, Miss Taylor, it’ll make you sick. | 恐怖得让人想吐 |
[37:43] | But you’ll realize how lucky you are to be alive. | 你看了就能明白能活着有多不容易 |
[37:47] | Now, why not protect yourself? | 所以更该保护自己 |
[38:21] | Hello? | 你好 |
[38:22] | Could you send a taxicab promptly | 我要叫部计程车 |
[38:25] | to the corner of Sherman and DeSoto? | 到谢尔曼街和迪苏托街的交口 |
[38:29] | I want to go to the bus station. | 我要去巴士站 |
[38:34] | Right. | 对 |
[38:36] | Quick, please. | 请快一点 |
[38:42] | Well, leave town if you have to | 要是非走不可 那就走吧 |
[38:44] | and, as I said, no one will blame you. | 没人会怪你 |
[38:47] | But before you go, would you help us put this man away? | 但在走前 至少帮我们将他绳之以法 好吗 |
[38:52] | All you have to do is come down | 你只要到警察局去 |
[38:53] | to police headquarters and sign a complaint. | 签张控诉状就行了 |
[38:56] | Won’t you do that? | 你不愿意吗 |
[38:59] | If not for your sake, for somebody else’s? | 就算不为自己 也请想想别人 好吗 |
[39:04] | Protect myself? | 保护自己 |
[39:10] | Nobody can protect themselves against a man like that. | 谁也没法对抗那种人 |
[39:19] | I’m scared. | 我是很害怕 |
[39:26] | You can’t help me. | 你帮不了我 |
[39:27] | But I can! | 我可以 |
[39:29] | Now, you file an assault charge, | 你告他人身攻击 |
[39:30] | and Cady’ll get six months in jail. | 他就得蹲半年大狱 |
[39:34] | Six months. And after that? | 半年 之后呢 |
[39:39] | When he walked out of this room, | 当他离开这里时 |
[39:43] | he said… | 他说 |
[39:45] | He said to consider this only a sample. | 他说这次就算打样了 |
[39:48] | From my limited knowledge of human nature, | 依我对人性的了解 |
[39:52] | Max Cady isn’t a man who makes idle threats. | 麦斯·卡迪绝不做无谓的恐吓 |
[39:58] | Anyway, you said you weren’t a policeman. | 况且你又不是警察 |
[40:01] | What do you want? | 你到底想干嘛 |
[40:03] | I have a client. Mr. Bowden. Mr. Sam Bowden. | 萨姆·鲍登先生是我的委托人 |
[40:08] | Cady has threatened his wife and his daughter. | 卡迪威胁他的太太和女儿 |
[40:11] | Never mind the reasons. | 原因不必细说 |
[40:13] | Mr. Bowden is worried, and I can’t blame him. | 他当然担心他的家人 |
[40:17] | You know Cady. | 你也知道卡迪的可怕 |
[40:23] | You believe that I could ever, | 你认为 |
[40:27] | ever, in my whole life, | 在我这一生当中 |
[40:31] | step up and repeat to another living soul | 能站出来 重复告诉别人 |
[40:36] | what that man… | 那家伙所 |
[40:38] | What he did? | 所做的事吗 |
[40:42] | What about my family? | 我家人怎么办 |
[40:44] | I’m someone’s daughter, too. | 我也有父母啊 |
[40:46] | What about the newspapers in my hometown? | 你想我家乡的报纸会怎么写 |
[40:49] | Do you think I could bear to have them read about… | 难道我就不在乎让他们读 |
[41:08] | I’m afraid I got you down here for nothin’. | 这次恐怕一无所获 |
[41:11] | She won’t talk, and she’s leavin’ town on the next bus. | 她马上就要离开并且不愿做证 |
[41:23] | This is Mr. Bowden. | 这位就是鲍登先生 |
[41:26] | Once more, before it’s too late, would you reconsider? | 现在还来得及 请你再仔细考虑一下 好吗 |
[41:46] | I’m sorry. Really, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 真的很抱歉 |
[41:54] | So what do we do next? | 下一步该怎么办 |
[41:57] | Well, drop tailing him. You’re wasting your money. | 别再跟踪他 没用的 |
[42:00] | He expected to be covered. | 他不会让你抓到把柄 |
[42:02] | And any time he wants to shake loose, he’ll figure a way. | 如果他想干一票 自然会想出万全的办法 |
[42:08] | Then what do you suggest? | 有什么好建议 |
[42:11] | Change his mind. | 让他改主意 |
[42:13] | Get in touch with a guy named Jepson. | 最好去找杰普森 |
[42:17] | Alex Jepson. | 亚历克斯·杰普森 |
[42:19] | He’s got some rough friends along the waterfront. | 在河边他有些黑道朋友 |
[42:22] | And for the right price… | 如果价钱合适的话 |
[42:25] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[42:32] | I can’t consider that. | 这绝对行不通 |
[42:33] | Okay, so you’re a lawyer, | 好吧 正直的律师 |
[42:36] | and you believe in due process. | 只相信合法诉讼程序 |
[42:38] | But it’s your family, not mine. | 可她们是你的家人 不是我的 |
[42:41] | A type like that is an animal, | 卡迪是一头野兽 |
[42:43] | so you’ve got to fight him like an animal. | 要用对付野兽的方法对付他 |
[42:47] | That’s my advice. | 这是我的建议 |
[43:09] | When can we have one like that? | 我们什么时候才会有那种船 |
[43:12] | It’s on our fiscal program for the year 1980. | 照现在的财政计划 要等到1980年 |
[43:15] | What’s “fiscal”? | 什么是”财政” |
[43:17] | That’s what we haven’t got. | 就是目前还没有预算 |
[43:19] | I’ve been looking for an excuse to quit this. | 我一直想找个借口偷懒 |
[43:20] | I’ve finally found it. I forgot to buy new paper plates and cups. | 终于找到了 我忘了买纸杯纸盘 |
[43:23] | Mother, you did that on purpose. | 妈妈 你肯定是故意的 |
[43:25] | You can’t convict me on mere suspicion. | 单凭怀疑可不能定我的罪 |
[43:27] | If one rat can leave this ship, why not two? | 既然溜了一只老鼠 干脆凑一双吧 |
[43:30] | Here, you take over for a minute. | 现在由你接管 |
[43:31] | Now, where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[43:33] | I have to get some more thinner from Tony. | 我得去托尼那买些稀释剂 |
[43:35] | Well, if we’re a family of rats, I might as well leave, too. | 大老鼠都溜了 小老鼠还留着干嘛 |
[43:38] | No. You represent a giant stride in evolution. | 你代表进化论中的大跃进 不能溜的 |
[43:41] | And don’t drip any of that on the deck. | 别把漆滴到甲板上 |
[43:56] | Hey, Nancy, ahoy! | 喂 南茜 |
[43:58] | Ahoy! Ahoy! Coming to the picnic? | 去野餐吗 |
[44:00] | Yes, if we ever get started. | 当然 如果能出发的话 |
[44:02] | Okay. We’ll go waterskiing, okay? | 我们要去滑水了 |
[44:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:41] | What are you doing here? | 你来这做什么 |
[44:43] | Why, I’m just drinkin’ this beer, counselor. | 喝啤酒呀 大律师 |
[44:45] | Do it someplace else. | 到别处去喝 |
[44:47] | So the man sells me a beer, and I figure maybe I might rent me a boat. | 我买了啤酒 可能再去租条船 |
[44:50] | Now, just how many laws you got against that, counselor? | 难道这也犯法吗 大律师 |
[44:55] | Look, Cady, | 卡迪你听着 |
[44:58] | maybe you can get away with dog poisoning, | 这次虽然让你逃过 |
[45:00] | beating up on a little drifter like Diane Taylor. | 毒狗和虐打黛安之罪 |
[45:03] | Don’t push your luck with me. | 但别和我赌运气 |
[45:08] | Say, she’s gettin’ to be… | 看看你的女儿 |
[45:12] | Gettin’ to be almost as juicy as your wife, ain’t she? | 快和你太太一样漂亮了 是不是 |
[45:18] | You rotten… | 你是个混 |
[45:29] | You’re not gonna push me into anything, counselor. | 你别想脱我下水 大律师 |
[45:32] | Now, you just had your innings. | 既然你出狠招 |
[45:35] | I’ll make my stroke later. | 那就别怪我不客气 |
[45:45] | I guess you saw that, didn’t you? | 你们都看到了吧 |
[45:47] | Never laid a hand on him. | 这家伙碰不得 |
[45:49] | Just standing here minding my own business, | 我正喝着啤酒 |
[45:50] | a man walks right up and starts beatin’ the… | 他二话不说过来就揍人 |
[45:53] | How about that? | 你们相信吗 |
[46:00] | That’s him, isn’t it? | 就是那个坏人吗 |
[49:34] | No! No! No! No! | 别过了 别别别 |
[50:29] | She just ran out in front of me! | 她突然跑到我车前 |
[51:03] | What happened? Nancy, darling, are you all right? | 出什么事了 南茜 你还好吧 |
[51:05] | She ran right into me! | 是她突然跑过来的 |
[51:06] | Mom! I saw him! | 我看到他 |
[51:08] | -I saw that man! -Darling, please. | -我看到那个坏人 -天啊 宝贝 |
[51:09] | -He chased me! -Oh, darling! | -他一直跟着我 -我的天啊 |
[51:10] | He chased me into the school, and I couldn’t get away! | 追到学校里去 我甩不掉他 |
[51:13] | It’s all right, darling. It’s all right. | 宝贝 没事了 |
[51:14] | I tried to get away! | 我想逃 |
[51:16] | He’s here! He’s here, Mama! | 可是妈妈 他就在这里 |
[51:18] | -Please, darling. Please. -He’s here! | -别害怕 -他就在这里 |
[51:26] | How is she? | 她怎么样 |
[51:28] | She’s only bruised. | 有点挫伤 |
[51:29] | The doctor gave her a sedative. | 医生给她吃了镇定剂 |
[51:32] | I’m sorry, Sam. I thought the store would only take a second. | 对不起 我没料到那家店会那么慢 |
[52:08] | Sam! Are you out of your mind? | 萨姆 你疯啦 |
[52:13] | But, Sam, he didn’t do anything to her! | 他并没做出越轨的事 |
[52:16] | He didn’t hurt her! | 也没有伤害她 |
[52:17] | Fine. I’ll wait until he does. | 难道要等他去伤害她吗 |
[52:18] | Will you please listen! | 请你听我说 |
[52:20] | It’ll be murder. You know that. | 这是谋杀 你我都清楚 |
[52:22] | Do you want to ruin all of us? | 你想毁了咱们吗 |
[52:24] | Isn’t that exactly what he wants? | 他不就像毁了咱们吗 |
[52:27] | In the name of heaven, pay him off, | 天呀 给他钱 |
[52:29] | buy him off, give him some money and he’ll go away, | 给他钱 打发他走人 |
[52:31] | but don’t do this to us. | 千万别干傻事 |
[52:33] | If you get into that car, I’ll call the police. | 你要去我就叫警察 |
[52:36] | You won’t get halfway into town before they pick you up. | 在你进城前就会被拦下来 |
[52:56] | Get me the police. | 替我接警察局 |
[52:58] | Please, hurry. | 请快一点 |
[53:06] | Could I speak to Chief Dutton? | 请问达顿局长在吗 |
[53:10] | Mrs. Bowden. | 我是鲍登太太 |
[53:12] | Bowden. Mrs. Sam Bowden. | 萨姆·鲍登的太太 |
[53:17] | Yes, it’s urgent. It’s very urgent. | 是急事 非常紧急 |
[53:21] | Will you please hurry? | 请你快一点 |
[53:38] | Hello, Mark. I’m sorry. It’s a false alarm. | 你好 马克吗 抱歉是虚惊一场 |
[53:41] | Everything’s all right. | 没事了 |
[53:44] | No, no. | 不 |
[53:46] | I’ll talk to you later. Right. Goodbye. | 以后再谈 好 再见 |
[54:35] | You’re sweatin’ a little, huh, counselor? | 大律师 怎么出汗了 |
[54:38] | Well, I know how it is. | 没关系 我都明白 |
[54:43] | I sweat, too. | 我也出汗 |
[54:45] | For eight solid years, I sweat. | 出了八年的汗 |
[54:50] | You gonna buy me a drink? | 请我喝一杯吗 |
[54:53] | Waiter? | 服务生 |
[54:55] | That’ll be double, waiter. | 给我来杯双份的 |
[54:56] | 12-year-old. | 要十二年的陈酒 |
[54:59] | My rich cousin here says nothing’s too good for ol’ Max. | 我这位阔表弟做东 所以要最好的 |
[55:03] | How much do you want, Cady? | 你想要多少 |
[55:05] | How’s that again? | 再说一遍 |
[55:07] | You heard me. I said, “How much do you want?” | 少装蒜 我说 你想要多少 |
[55:08] | Counselor, you gotta forgive me. | 请原谅 |
[55:10] | I’m a little slow till after my first drink. | 在酒没下肚前 我是有点迟钝 |
[55:13] | I assume we’re talkin’ about dough. Is that right? | 你该是指钱吧 是吗 |
[55:15] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[55:18] | Well, that certainly is heart warmin’. | 真让人感动 |
[55:20] | A poor ex-convict comes to a new town lookin’ for a fresh start | 一个服过刑的可怜罪犯 想要重新开始 |
[55:24] | and one of the leading citizens steps right up | 而一个德高望重的市民 |
[55:26] | and offers him financial help. | 居然愿意给他财务上的帮助 |
[55:29] | That’s enough to renew your faith in human nature. | 我要重新定义人性了 |
[55:36] | It sure is. | 受宠若惊啊 |
[55:41] | Hey, buster. | 喂 伙计 |
[55:43] | You got some salted peanuts, salted in the shell? | 你有没有带壳的咸花生 |
[55:46] | Not in the shell. | 只有花生米 |
[55:47] | Okay, forget it. | 那就算了 |
[55:50] | I see I’m gonna have to educate this town. | 该有人教教他们怎么办事 |
[55:51] | Come on. Let’s have the answer. | 你到底要多少 |
[55:56] | That takes a little figurin’, counselor. | 这可得好好算算 大律师 |
[55:59] | What do you reckon eight lost years is worth? | 你觉得八年时间值多少 |
[56:02] | You reckon a court could fix a value on that? | 法院能估价吗 |
[56:04] | Stick to the point. How much? | 你就直说要多少吧 |
[56:07] | That’s too simple. | 那太简单了 |
[56:09] | I like to put values on things. | 什么东西都有标价 |
[56:12] | Like the value of eight years, | 比如八年时间值多少 |
[56:15] | the value of a family. | 家庭值多少 |
[56:18] | Interesting calculations, wouldn’t you say, counselor? | 你不否认这种算法很有趣吧 大律师 |
[56:22] | You’re right to pass that stuff up. | 你最好别喝那玩意 |
[56:24] | A man told me it was bad for you. | 有人说它对身体不好 |
[56:25] | Hey, buster, my friend would like to buy me another drink. | 喂 伙计 我朋友要再请我喝一杯 |
[56:32] | $10,000 now and another $10,000 over the next two years, | 先付一万 过两年再给你一万 |
[56:35] | providing you keep out of the state. | 离我们远点 |
[56:39] | Suppose I come back after the money runs out? | 万一钱用光又回来呢 |
[56:41] | I’ll give you a simple answer to that one. I’ll kill you off. | 那简单 我会杀了你 |
[56:47] | Well, let me see, 20 grand, | 我算算看 两万块 |
[56:51] | that’s less than $3,000 per for my eight years. | 除以八 每年平均不到三千块 |
[56:54] | Counselor, I don’t believe you’ve heard of the Minimum Wage Act. | 大律师 你总该听过最低工资吧 |
[56:59] | Now, just for fun, | 说点有意思的 |
[57:02] | let’s go back to talkin’ about values, the value of a family. | 咱们再回来谈谈家庭的价值 |
[57:06] | You probably didn’t even know I had a family, did you? | 你恐怕不知道我也有家吧 |
[57:09] | One wife and one kid. That’s what I had when you sent me up. | 坐牢之前 我有一个太太 一个小孩 |
[57:12] | She dumped me. Never even visited. | 她甩了我 从没探望过我 |
[57:15] | I signed the divorce papers. | 我签了离婚协议书 |
[57:16] | What did you expect? | 你想说什么 |
[57:17] | Oh, no, it wasn’t that. | 不 不是那么回事 |
[57:19] | It was the prison rap that she couldn’t take. | 是受不了坐监牢的闲话 |
[57:21] | She couldn’t stand the disgrace. | 她觉得不光彩 |
[57:23] | And that was your doing, counselor, not my doing! | 这可是拜你所赐 大律师 |
[57:28] | She married a plumber. They wound up with a litter of kids. | 她嫁给水管工 又生了几个小孩 |
[57:32] | My own kid doesn’t even know me. | 我亲生儿子根本不知道有我这号人物 |
[57:35] | So when I got out, I went to visit her. | 出狱后我去看她 |
[57:38] | The plumber was off plumbin’ someplace | 水管工出去干活 |
[57:40] | and the kids were all in school. | 孩子们上学去了 |
[57:42] | She picked up a poker, tried to hit me over the head with it. | 她拿起火钳想打我的头 |
[57:46] | I took it away from her and calmed her down. | 我拿走火钳 她冷静下来 |
[57:48] | She crawled in the car. | 最后她乖乖爬进车里 |
[57:50] | I took her to a little spot about 50 miles down the road. | 我把她带到五十英里外 |
[57:53] | Why tell me all this? | 干嘛告诉我这些 |
[57:54] | Because I want to tell you all this. | 因为我想说 |
[57:58] | That night, I made her call up the plumber | 当晚我叫她打电话给水管工 |
[58:01] | and tell him she was takin’ a little vacation from him and the kids. | 告诉他 她想一个人静一静 |
[58:05] | Then I made her sit down and write me a love note | 然后逼她写封情书给我 |
[58:08] | askin’ me to invite her on a second honeymoon. | 写着是她邀我二度蜜月 |
[58:11] | She dated it and signed it. | 写上日期也签了名 |
[58:14] | I made her write a lot of dirty words. | 我还叫她写了许多下流话 |
[58:16] | Then I occupied her time for three days. | 我们在一起整整三天 |
[58:19] | -You beginning to get the picture, counselor? -I’m getting it. | -你懂了吧 大律师 -懂了 |
[58:22] | Mmm. Good. | 懂了就好 |
[58:23] | Then I told her that if she ever blew the whistle on me, | 我警告她要是敢举报 |
[58:26] | I was gonna mail a photostat of that note to the plumber. | 我就把情书复印一份寄给水管工 |
[58:31] | I pumped another quart of whiskey into her, | 最后灌了她一堆威士忌 |
[58:34] | threw away her dress, threw away her shoes | 把她的衣服鞋子全脱掉 |
[58:35] | and gave her a fair chance to work her way home. | 让她自己想办法回去 |
[58:39] | Charming story. What is it supposed to prove? | 故事不错 你想证明什么呢 |
[58:45] | Counselor, for a bright fellow | 聪明的大律师 |
[58:46] | you sure are slow gettin’ the picture sometimes. | 你的理解能力太差了 |
[58:50] | You see, I burned for eight years. | 八年的煎熬 |
[58:55] | And now I’ve got what you might call “peace of mind” | 到现在我才 |
[58:57] | about my dear, darlin’ wife. | 不再恨我太太 |
[59:03] | So, no deal. | 那么你是不接受 |
[59:06] | You’re gettin’ warm, counselor. | 答对啦 大律师 |
[59:10] | You know, when I was in the bucket, | 当我在牢里时 |
[59:12] | all I could think about was bustin’ out and killin’ somebody. | 满脑子只想出去干掉那个人 |
[59:17] | I wanted to kill him with my bare hands, slow. | 用双手慢慢地勒死他 |
[59:23] | Every single night for seven years, I killed that man. | 七年中的每一天都这样想 |
[59:28] | And on the eighth year, I said, “Oh, no. | 直到第八年我才改变主意 |
[59:31] | “That’s too easy. That’s too fast.” | 那样太便宜他了 |
[59:34] | You know the Chinese death of a thousand cuts? | 你知道中国酷刑千刀剐吗 |
[59:37] | First they cut off a little toe, | 先切小脚趾 |
[59:40] | then a piece of your finger, piece of your ear, your nose, | 然后是手指 耳朵 鼻子 |
[59:42] | and I liked that better. | 这才对我胃口 |
[59:46] | By the little toe, I’m to understand “child.” That’s it, isn’t it? | 你提到小脚趾 是指孩子 对吗 |
[59:51] | Now that’s your train of thought, counselor, not mine. | 那可是你的思路 大律师 |
[59:54] | My train of thought. | 我的思路 |
[59:59] | You shocking degenerate. | 你太变态了 |
[1:00:02] | I’ve seen the worst, the dregs, | 最坏的渣滓我见过 |
[1:00:05] | but, you, | 但你 |
[1:00:08] | you are the lowest. | 是最低级的 |
[1:00:12] | It makes me sick to breathe the same air. | 跟你坐一起让人恶心 |
[1:00:18] | Hey, buster. I believe my cousin left me enough to buy me another blast. | 喂 伙计 我表弟要再请我喝一杯 |
[1:00:35] | This is no war of nerves. He won’t be bought off. | 他不是闹着玩 他根本就不要钱 |
[1:00:42] | It’s Nancy he’s after. | 他的目标是南茜 |
[1:00:46] | And he’ll get to her sooner or later | 得叫他改变主意 |
[1:00:50] | unless I change his mind. | 否则南茜迟早要出事 |
[1:00:53] | I just won’t believe it. I… I just can’t. | 我实在不敢相信 不能理解 |
[1:00:59] | You said yourself he’s too clever to take chances. | 你说他很聪明 不会随便冒险 |
[1:01:02] | How could he even touch her without taking a chance? | 但不冒险怎么碰得到南茜 |
[1:01:07] | What would you do if she were attacked? | 万一被他得手 你能怎么做 |
[1:01:12] | -Have him arrested? -How can you ask such a thing? | -逮捕他吗 -这叫什么话 |
[1:01:15] | Of course! What’s the matter with you? | 当然逮捕他 你这是怎么了 |
[1:01:18] | Would you have him tried? Pull him into court? | 让他上庭 接受审问 |
[1:01:24] | Naturally, he’d deny the whole thing. | 他肯定不会承认的 |
[1:01:28] | That means that Nancy would have to testify. | 那么南茜就要出庭作证 |
[1:01:33] | You’ve never watched a child testify in such a case. | 你从没见过孩子出庭作证的案子 |
[1:01:37] | Thank God you haven’t. | 应该庆幸你没见过 |
[1:01:40] | It’s… | 会有 |
[1:01:46] | It’s the clinical reports | 会有医院的验伤报告 |
[1:01:50] | and the questions | 还有大把的问题 |
[1:01:54] | and the detailed answers that she’d have to give. | 甚至牵涉到最隐私的问题 她都必须回答 |
[1:01:59] | She’d have to give them, all right, | 一定要回答 |
[1:02:02] | because he’d deny it, and we’d have to prove his guilt. | 我们必须证明他有罪 因为他不承认 |
[1:02:07] | A beast like that, who’d believe him? | 谁会相信那个野兽呢 |
[1:02:09] | No one. No one at all! | 没人会信他 |
[1:02:11] | But that wouldn’t spare her the questions. | 可是她仍要回答问题 |
[1:02:15] | And Cady knows that. | 卡迪知道这点 |
[1:02:17] | He knows | 他知道 |
[1:02:19] | that we’d never put her through an ordeal like that. | 我们不会让她受这种折磨 |
[1:02:26] | There’s got to be something we can do. There just has to be. | 难道我们只能坐以待毙吗 一定还有别的办法 |
[1:02:31] | There is. There is. | 没错 是有别的办法 |
[1:03:34] | -Hello. -Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:03:36] | Well, is this Mrs. Bowden? | 是鲍登太太吗 |
[1:03:39] | Yeah, I knew it was. I just wanted to hear your voice again. | 我知道是你 很高兴能再听到你的声音 |
[1:03:44] | You know something? | 告诉你个秘密 |
[1:03:45] | For eight years I dreamed about a chick with a voice like that | 八年来 我一直想有个 你这种声音的女人 |
[1:03:49] | just whisperin’ in my ear, real close. | 在我耳边轻轻的低语 |
[1:03:53] | Don’t. Don’t. | 别说了 |
[1:03:55] | Sayin’, “Baby.” | 叫着”宝贝” |
[1:03:59] | Sam! | 萨姆 |
[1:04:09] | Shut up, you! | 给我闭嘴 |
[1:04:11] | Counselor, you really stepped on it this time, didn’t you? | 这次你可踩钉子了 是吧 大律师 |
[1:04:15] | I don’t know what the Bar Association thinks | 我不知道律师公会 |
[1:04:17] | about its members compounding a felony, | 如何处置成员犯罪的问题 |
[1:04:19] | but I do know what the law thinks about it. | 但我深知法律会如何处理 |
[1:04:22] | You just put the law in my hands | 这次是你触犯法律 |
[1:04:25] | and I’m gonna break your heart with it. | 我决定和你拼到底 |
[1:04:28] | Ain’t nothin’ can stop me. | 没人能阻止我 |
[1:04:29] | You understand that, don’t you? | 你应该明白 不是吗 |
[1:04:32] | That house and that car and that wife and kid, | 房子 车子 妻子 孩子 |
[1:04:34] | they ain’t worth nothin’ to you now. | 对你恐怕是鞭长莫及了 |
[1:04:36] | Now you listen to me. You asked for this. | 你给我听着 这是你自找的 |
[1:04:41] | You asked for it, and if you don’t get out of… | 是你自找的 如果你不滚 |
[1:04:43] | You’re wrong, man. | 你错了 伙计 |
[1:04:44] | I’m gonna show you what it’s like to be wrong. | 我会让你尝到教训的 |
[1:04:48] | Speakin’ about your wife and kid, | 至于你的妻子和孩子 |
[1:04:51] | I got a little caper planned for them. | 我倒有个刺激的计划 |
[1:04:54] | Remember the story I told you about my old lady? | 还记得我怎样对付我前妻吗 |
[1:04:58] | That was just laughs, counselor. That was kid stuff. | 比起来那太小儿科 大律师 |
[1:05:01] | I got something planned for your wife and kid | 我会让你老婆和女儿 |
[1:05:03] | that they ain’t never gonna forget. | 一辈子都忘不了 |
[1:05:06] | They ain’t never gonna forget it, | 至于你 我的大律师 |
[1:05:07] | and neither will you, counselor. Never. | 你也忘不了 永远 |
[1:05:11] | You’ll never forget it. | 永远忘不了 |
[1:05:17] | I can’t believe we’re | 真不敢相信 |
[1:05:19] | standing here talking about… | 我们居然站在这儿 |
[1:05:24] | About killing a man. | 讨论怎样杀人 |
[1:05:26] | There’s still a few “ifs,” “ands” and “buts” about it. | 仍存在不确定的因素 |
[1:05:29] | I can’t go into this alone. I’ll have to have help. | 我一个人可办不到 需要找人帮忙 |
[1:05:35] | Of course, he wouldn’t fall for it here. | 他知道我们防范森严 |
[1:05:37] | He knows we’re too much on our guard. | 所以不会在这里下手 |
[1:05:40] | But if he got the idea | 如果让他觉得 |
[1:05:43] | that we thought she was safely hidden away someplace. | 我们特意把她藏在某处 |
[1:05:46] | She? | 她 |
[1:05:49] | You can’t be talking about Nancy. | 你不是说南茜吧 |
[1:05:51] | Don’t worry. | 你放心 |
[1:05:53] | I won’t go into this until it’s airtight. | 除非万无一失 否则我不会冒险的 |
[1:05:56] | I won’t make a move that will put her in any danger. | 绝不让她冒任何危险 |
[1:05:58] | That won’t stop the terror of it. She’s only a child. | 她不过是个小孩 这样做会吓坏她 |
[1:06:08] | And what about the terror if he catches her really alone? | 万一落入他手中结果会更糟 |
[1:06:21] | -Sam. -Good morning, Dave. | -萨姆 -戴夫 你早 |
[1:06:23] | Sleep well last night? | 昨晚睡得好吗 |
[1:06:25] | Well enough. | 还不错 |
[1:06:27] | You needn’t bother to open that. | 不用打开啦 |
[1:06:29] | You’ve tried your last case in this state. | 你再也当不成律师了 |
[1:06:31] | Your three hired hands landed in the hospital last night. | 昨晚你雇的三个打手进了医院 |
[1:06:34] | One of them thought he was gonna die, and he talked. | 有一个以为快死了 所以讲了实话 |
[1:06:36] | The judge wants to see you. | 法官要见你 |
[1:06:38] | Good. I want to see him, too. | 很好 我也正想去见他 |
[1:06:39] | He’s gonna tell you I’m instituting | 他会告诉你 我正在进行 |
[1:06:41] | disbarment proceedings against you. | 撤销你的律师资格的诉讼 |
[1:06:43] | You didn’t waste much time, did you? | 你下手挺快 是不是 |
[1:06:45] | I’m just getting started, Sam. | 这不过是开始而已 |
[1:06:48] | The committee on ethics is meeting | 道德规范委员会 |
[1:06:49] | up at the State Capitol right now. | 正在国会大厦开会 |
[1:06:50] | They work real fast. | 他们的动作更快 |
[1:06:52] | You better have your story ready to tell ’em by tomorrow. | 你得把明天要讲的故事快编好 |
[1:06:54] | You don’t think the committee will wait | 这么说 |
[1:06:55] | to see if I’m convicted of anything? | 委员会根本不想等判决 |
[1:06:57] | The committee is only interested in keeping | 他们只关心 |
[1:06:59] | the legal profession beyond reproach. | 司法界是否会蒙羞 |
[1:07:01] | After what happened last night | 我真想听听 |
[1:07:02] | I’m gonna be real interested to see how you answer to that one. | 你还怎么为昨晚的事狡辩 |
[1:07:11] | Good morning, George. | 乔治 早 |
[1:07:12] | Good morning, Sam. | 你早 萨姆 |
[1:07:13] | I only came down this morning to tell you | 我是来告诉你 |
[1:07:15] | that I have to turn the case over to you. | 我必须把案子转交给你 |
[1:07:17] | I’ll break the news to the judge. | 我要向法官说出实情 |
[1:07:34] | Have you gone out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[1:07:37] | You’ve come to the wrong man, Sam. | 这次你全搞砸了 |
[1:07:40] | Dave Grafton was in here not 10 minutes ago. | 戴夫·格拉夫顿十分钟以前就来过 |
[1:07:42] | You haven’t got a leg to stand on. | 杰普森正被审问 |
[1:07:43] | Jepson’s in there right now being interrogated. | 情况对你很不利 |
[1:07:46] | And if he talks, I’m gonna have to arrest you before you leave the building. | 他如果招了 我就得马上逮捕你 |
[1:07:48] | If I’m arrested, who’s gonna protect my family? You? | 抓了我 谁去保护我的家人 你吗 |
[1:07:51] | That’s below the belt, Sam. Grafton’s watchin’ every move I make. | 这次我可帮不上忙 格拉夫顿把我盯得严严实实 |
[1:07:54] | The only answer to Dave Grafton, the ethics committee | 对戴夫·格拉夫顿来说 他所做的这些事 |
[1:07:57] | and all the rest of it is to show Cady up for what he is. | 只是想向卡迪邀功罢了 |
[1:07:59] | You can’t do it with a stakeout! Cady’s too smart for that! | 监视卡迪绝对行不通 他精得像猴子一样 |
[1:08:03] | But I’ve got it carefully worked out. | 但我想出个好办法 |
[1:08:06] | Now there’s a houseboat. | 在恐怖角河上 |
[1:08:07] | It’s up on the Cape Fear River. | 有间船屋 |
[1:08:09] | It has a shore cabin, a telephone. | 岸边有间小屋 那有电话 |
[1:08:11] | It’s isolated, hard to find. | 完全孤立 很难找到 |
[1:08:13] | The perfect place to hide my family. | 是藏我家人的好地方 |
[1:08:15] | No place is perfect! | 任何地方都有危险 |
[1:08:16] | Do you expect Cady to believe that | 你想卡迪会相信 |
[1:08:18] | you’d leave your family alone anywhere? | 你把家人单独留在那里吗 |
[1:08:20] | That’s the one thing that had me stumped. | 就是这点最难 |
[1:08:22] | And this morning, | 但是今早 |
[1:08:23] | Grafton handed me the answer on a platter. | 格拉夫顿替我解决了难题 |
[1:08:26] | He’s forcing me to fly to Atlanta tomorrow | 他逼我明天飞到亚特兰大 |
[1:08:28] | to appear before this committee. | 去参加道德委员会的听证会 |
[1:08:31] | And you can bet that his friend, Mr. Cady, | 我打赌卡迪一定会 |
[1:08:32] | will be tailing me clear to the airport. | 跟踪我到机场 |
[1:08:35] | But the moment I get to Atlanta, | 等我一到亚特兰大 |
[1:08:37] | I’ll hire a car and cut across to the coast. | 就雇车直穿海岸线 |
[1:08:40] | I’ll get a boat at Hennessey’s Landing. | 到汉尼斯码头租条船 |
[1:08:42] | In a few hours, I’ll be at the houseboat with Peggy and Nancy, | 几个小时后就能到达船屋 和家人们在一起 |
[1:08:46] | and Cady will think that I’m sweating it out in Atlanta. | 而卡迪却以为我仍在亚特兰大 |
[1:08:51] | The next step is to lure him up there when we’re ready for him. | 下一步就是引诱他到船屋去 |
[1:08:55] | That’s your department, too. | 这也由你负责 |
[1:08:57] | He knows you’re tied in with the case. | 因为他知道你和这事密不可分 |
[1:08:59] | He’ll follow you when you leave town if you make it look right. | 当你离城时 他一定会跟踪你 |
[1:09:01] | He steps ashore and you shoot him, is that it? | 他一上岸你就开枪 |
[1:09:04] | That’s about it. | 差不多 |
[1:09:05] | You can’t shoot a man for simple trespass. Not anymore. | 枪杀擅自闯入者是犯法的 |
[1:09:09] | Cady’s built up too good a case against you. | 这案子对卡迪有力 |
[1:09:11] | It’ll be more than simple trespass. | 当然不是只有擅自闯入 |
[1:09:12] | But I won’t wait until he wipes | 但也不会等到 |
[1:09:13] | the blood off his hands either. | 他满手血腥才杀他 |
[1:09:15] | Now hold on. Just hold on. | 你等等 |
[1:09:18] | I’ve listened. Now, you listen. | 我听够了 现在该你听我说 |
[1:09:20] | You’re gonna do a foolish thing without help, | 你在干傻事 |
[1:09:22] | and you’re gonna need lots of it. | 而且还需要不少帮手 |
[1:09:23] | Now, I can’t help you if I wanted to. | 就算我想帮 也力不从心 |
[1:09:25] | That’s county territory. | 那里属郡管辖 |
[1:09:28] | Mark, you know the sheriff. | 马克 你和郡长那么熟 |
[1:09:30] | Are you gonna stand on ceremony at a time like this? | 都到这时候了 还客套什么 |
[1:09:32] | All you have to do is pick up the telephone! | 打电话知会他一声就成了 |
[1:09:34] | And do what? Ask for half a dozen deputies | 打电话干什么 |
[1:09:36] | to help a man that I should be arresting? | 知会他派六个警员帮你 |
[1:09:38] | I don’t want half a dozen deputies. | 用不了六个 |
[1:09:40] | That would be a sure way of tipping off Cady and Grafton. | 人多会让卡迪和格拉夫顿起疑 |
[1:09:43] | It’d be all over town in no time. | 马上闹得满城风雨 |
[1:09:46] | One is all I can risk. One is all I’m asking for. | 我只需要一个 一个就足够 |
[1:09:50] | Do I get him? | 可以吗 |
[1:09:57] | Well, this time next week, I may be back poundin’ a beat. | 下星期的这个时候 我搞不好会被降级回去做巡警 |
[1:10:35] | We should’ve gone to the left of this island, about a mile back. | 应该在岛的左边 往回走一英里就到了 |
[1:11:05] | Are we gonna be completely marooned? | 我们会完全孤立 |
[1:11:07] | I mean, no visitors at all? | 连一个客人也没有吗 |
[1:11:09] | You didn’t say anything to Betty? | 你没对贝蒂说吧 |
[1:11:11] | I didn’t say anything to a soul. Honest. | 我谁也没告诉 |
[1:11:13] | Well, have a nice voyage to nowhere. | 祝你假期愉快 |
[1:11:17] | I’ll see you in a day or two. | 我一两天就回来 |
[1:11:19] | Don’t get lost on the way home. | 到时候别迷路 |
[1:11:37] | Do you think she’ll be able to stand | 你想她能忍受 |
[1:11:38] | all this shattering peace and quiet? | 这种无聊的日子吗 |
[1:11:44] | Don’t you worry about Nancy. | 你放心 |
[1:11:46] | That’s pioneer stock. | 她很坚强的 |
[1:12:07] | Cast off. | 我走了 |
[1:12:29] | Flight 403 for Atlanta | 搭乘403号班机 到亚特兰大的乘客 |
[1:12:31] | now boarding at Gate 3. | 请在三号登机门登机 |
[1:12:34] | Attention, please. Passengers for Atlanta, | 请注意 搭乘403号班机 到亚特兰大的乘客 |
[1:12:36] | Flight 403 now boarding at Gate 3. | 请在三号登机门登机 |
[1:12:59] | Say, I have a brief here for Sam Bowden. | 有个包裹要交给萨姆·鲍登 |
[1:13:01] | -Samuel Bowden. -Yes, sir. | -塞缪尔·鲍登 -是的 |
[1:13:03] | Was he on that Flight 403? | 他搭403号班机吗 |
[1:13:07] | Yes, sir, he was. | 是的 没错 |
[1:13:10] | Now I don’t know whether to mail it to him or not. | 真不知该不该寄给他 |
[1:13:13] | You don’t have any idea when he’ll be back, do you? | 你知道他什么时候回来吗 |
[1:13:16] | Let’s see. | 我查查看 |
[1:13:19] | He did make a return reservation, sir. | 他有预订回程 |
[1:13:21] | 6:00 p.m. On Thursday. | 是星期四下午六点 |
[1:13:23] | Well, then I guess special delivery will get it to him all right. | 那就到时候再给他送吧 |
[1:13:27] | -Thank you. -You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[1:13:52] | It’s just a log bumping. | 是木头碰撞的声音 |
[1:13:55] | No, not that. Listen. | 不是 你仔细听 |
[1:14:00] | It’s a boat. | 是船的声音 |
[1:14:03] | There are bound to be boats. | 附近一定有其他的船 |
[1:14:05] | We didn’t hear any last night. | 但昨晚就没听到 |
[1:14:09] | It’s coming closer. | 越来越近 |
[1:15:48] | Peg! Nancy! | 佩姬 南茜 |
[1:15:49] | It’s Daddy! | 是爸爸 |
[1:15:53] | Oh, darling, thank God it’s you! | 喔 好在是你 |
[1:15:55] | Oh, Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:15:57] | This is Mr. Kersek, of the sheriff’s office. | 这位是警长办公室的克斯先生 |
[1:16:00] | How do you do? Hello. Come on in. | 你好 快请进 |
[1:16:05] | Don’t you think it’s about time you were getting ready for bed? | 你该去睡了 |
[1:16:08] | Where am I going to sleep? | 我睡在哪里 |
[1:16:10] | Here, with your mother. Mr. Kersek and I will sleep on shore. | 你和妈妈睡这里 我和克斯睡在岸上 |
[1:16:16] | Won’t you have some more coffee, Mr. Kersek? | 克斯先生 还要不要咖啡 |
[1:16:17] | Don’t mind if I do. | 请再来一点 |
[1:16:21] | Will you excuse us for a few minutes? | 我们失陪一下 |
[1:16:23] | Sure thing. | 没问题 |
[1:16:40] | So far so good. | 到目前为止还不错 |
[1:16:43] | We’re all here. | 我们全家在一起 |
[1:16:48] | Cady thinks I’m in Atlanta. | 卡迪却以为我在亚特兰大 |
[1:16:57] | You can still say no if you want to, Peg. | 你若不愿意 现在还来得及改 |
[1:17:06] | Nothing will start | 等我打电话给查理后 |
[1:17:08] | unless I call Charlie Sievers. | 戏才真正开始上演 |
[1:17:18] | Call him. | 打电话给他吧 |
[1:17:28] | I tailed him until he spotted me, Mr. Bowden. | 我跟踪他直到他发现我为止 |
[1:17:31] | Then he checked to see your car was home and Mrs. Bowden’s car was gone. | 他去查你和你太太的车在不在 |
[1:17:36] | Looked at the mail in the box, but didn’t take any. | 又查你的信箱 不过没拿信 |
[1:17:39] | Then he tried the boat basin. | 最后去查船坞 |
[1:17:41] | Tony told him your boat hadn’t been out all week. | 托尼告诉他 你的船没离开过 |
[1:17:44] | But for the rest, well, I guess we’ve missed so far. | 其他的就不知道了 |
[1:17:48] | Because if he’s been tailing me, I haven’t been able to spot him. | 我实在看不出他在跟踪我 |
[1:17:52] | I still think he will. | 他会的 |
[1:17:54] | You’re the only lead he has. | 你是唯一的线索 |
[1:17:58] | Start things moving tomorrow. | 明天就照计划行事 |
[1:18:01] | Right. | 好吧 |
[1:19:34] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[1:19:35] | Looks like we’re striking out. | 喂 看来我们失败了 |
[1:19:38] | I’m on 257, about halfway to Cross’ Landing | 我已快到克鲁斯码头 |
[1:19:41] | and absolutely no sign of him. | 但根本没看到他的踪迹 |
[1:19:43] | Do you want me to keep comin’ or go back and try it again? | 要我回去再试一次吗 |
[1:19:46] | Could he have switched cars? | 他会不会换车子 |
[1:19:47] | Sure, he could have switched cars, | 有可能 |
[1:19:49] | but I’ve been keeping my eye on the drivers. | 可是我一直在注意司机 |
[1:19:51] | What do you say? | 你说怎么办 |
[1:19:53] | If he hasn’t been following you at all, | 如果他没跟踪你 |
[1:19:55] | trying it again won’t work either. | 就算再试也没有用 |
[1:20:00] | Come ahead. | 你来吧 |
[1:20:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:20:07] | 7-0. | 七比零 |
[1:20:08] | Temporarily. Only temporarily. | 暂时领先 暂时的 |
[1:20:33] | All them islands look alike. Just follow this and you can’t miss it. | 所有的岛都很像 照着图走就不会错 |
[1:20:37] | Okay. Thanks. | 好 谢谢你 |
[1:28:57] | You’re gonna die without a mark on you. | 你死得毫无伤痕 |
[1:29:01] | Just got too big for your pants. | 自不量力的家伙 |
[1:29:44] | Kersek! | 克斯 |
[1:30:44] | Nancy! Nancy! | 南茜 南茜 |
[1:30:49] | Tell the operator to call the sheriff’s office! | 告诉接线员找警长 |
[1:30:51] | Send some men out here fast! | 让他快派人来这里 |
[1:31:49] | Oh, now, come on. | 别这样嘛 |
[1:31:52] | You ain’t that scared. | 你不该那么怕吧 |
[1:31:55] | You come right down to it, what is there to be scared of? | 既然来了 有什么好怕的 |
[1:31:59] | Now, look, you’re not a foolish man. You’re very clever. | 你不笨 你很聪明 |
[1:32:02] | You never make mistakes. You don’t take chances. | 你从不犯错 也不冒险 |
[1:32:06] | If you touch me, you’ll go back to prison for life. | 如果你碰我 就会坐一辈子牢 |
[1:32:08] | You want to make a little bet on that? | 要打赌吗 |
[1:32:09] | But you will! I’m not like Nancy! | 你一定会的 我可不是南茜 |
[1:32:11] | I’m not afraid to testify! I swear it! | 我会去做证的 我发誓 |
[1:32:13] | You got to believe me! I’m not afraid! | 你得信我 我可不害怕 |
[1:32:15] | And you’re a lawyer’s wife? | 你不是律师太太吗 |
[1:32:17] | Don’t you understand? | 还不明白 |
[1:32:23] | That with consent, there ain’t no charges against me. | 如果是双方自愿 那就不能指控我 |
[1:32:29] | Now, look, | 现在 |
[1:32:34] | I want you to hear this. | 你给我听好 |
[1:32:37] | It’s gonna save a lot of messin’ around. | 省得到时候有误会 |
[1:32:40] | Look! | 事实上 |
[1:32:43] | I was gonna go for Nancy, | 我本来要找南茜的 |
[1:32:46] | but I can always make it with Nancy. | 但是话又说回来 |
[1:32:48] | You know, next week, next month. | 找她又不急在这一时半刻 |
[1:32:52] | Wait a minute now. | 慢着 |
[1:32:54] | You proposition me. | 是你自己提议 |
[1:32:56] | You, instead of Nancy, | 要代替南茜的 |
[1:33:00] | and I’ll agree never to see you again. All right? | 我也同意从此不再见你 好吗 |
[1:33:03] | Listen. Unless of course you want it. | 除非是你想见我 |
[1:33:07] | And that’s how you give your consent. | 所以是你自愿的 |
[1:33:09] | That’s not consent, it’s blackmail! | 那是敲诈 不是什么自愿 |
[1:33:16] | Reasons don’t make any difference. You look that up. | 你该知道动机并无差别 |
[1:33:20] | And as far as blackmail is concerned, | 你认为我会去攻击南茜 |
[1:33:23] | you only think I’m going after Nancy. | 所以同意我的敲诈行为 |
[1:33:28] | Come over here! | 到这里来 |
[1:33:32] | You’re just playing it safe. | 你想救你女儿 |
[1:33:35] | Now, your husband is gonna appreciate | 你先生会理解你的 |
[1:33:39] | your noble gesture. | 多么高尚的决定啊 |
[1:33:42] | But he ain’t never gonna forget it! | 可惜却永远不能忘记 |
[1:33:45] | No! No! | 别这样 |
[1:33:48] | Please! Please! | 求求你 放了我 |
[1:33:50] | Please! Please! Please! Please! | 求你了 求你 求你 |
[1:33:55] | So, all in all, I don’t think… | 总而言之 |
[1:34:01] | I don’t think you’re gonna… | 我认为 |
[1:34:05] | You’re gonna say too much about this, are ya? | 你不会把真相全说出来 是不是 |
[1:34:08] | You’re not gonna talk about it, are ya? | 你不会说出来的 对不对 |
[1:34:10] | Are you? | 你说呢 |
[1:35:00] | Peggy? | 佩姬 |
[1:35:04] | Peggy. | 佩姬 |
[1:35:07] | No! No! | 不要 别 |
[1:35:25] | It’s Nancy! He only wanted to get you away from her! | 他只想把你引开 好去找南茜 |
[1:35:28] | It’s Nancy! It’s Nancy! | 他去找南茜了 |
[1:35:33] | Operator! | 接线员 |
[1:35:47] | He’s here. He’s here! | 他来了 他来了 |
[1:39:59] | Nancy, get out of here. Run and hide. | 南茜 快出来 去躲起来 |
[1:40:02] | Run and hide! Run! | 快躲起来 |
[1:40:12] | Hide! Hide! Run! Hide! | 快跑 躲起来 |
[1:43:28] | Go ahead. | 动手吧 |
[1:43:31] | Go ahead. I just don’t give a damn. | 开枪呀 我根本不在乎 |
[1:43:42] | No. No! | 不行 |
[1:43:48] | That would be letting you off too easy, too fast. | 这样不是太便宜你了吗 |
[1:43:53] | Your words. Do you remember? | 记得吗 那可是你说的话 |
[1:43:55] | Well, I do! | 我记得很清楚 |
[1:43:58] | Oh, no. | 我不会那么傻 |
[1:44:01] | We’re gonna take good care of you. | 我们会好好照顾你 |
[1:44:05] | We’re gonna nurse you back to health. | 把你养得白白胖胖 |
[1:44:07] | And you’re strong, Cady. | 你壮得像头牛 卡迪 |
[1:44:10] | You’re gonna live a long life in a cage. | 那就在牢里长命百岁吧 |
[1:44:15] | That’s where you belong. | 那才是你该待的地方 |
[1:44:19] | And that’s where you’re going. | 我一定会送你去的 |
[1:44:25] | And this time, for life! | 这次肯定是终生监禁 |
[1:44:28] | Bang your head against the walls! | 天天拿头撞墙 |
[1:44:30] | Count the years, the months, the hours | 扳着指头数日子 分分秒秒 日日夜夜 |
[1:44:36] | until the day you rot. | 直到枯骨一堆为止 |