时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Max, I have a surprise, and it’s right behind you. | 麦克斯 有惊喜要给你 就在你身后 |
[00:07] | Before I turn around, is it Oprah? | 转身前我想问 是奥普拉来了吗 |
[00:08] | 美国知名黑人女主持 深受广大女性喜爱 | |
[00:09] | ‘Cause I will die. | 我会乐死的 |
[00:11] | It’s a diploma from pastry school. | 是烘焙学校的毕业证 |
[00:14] | No, seriously, what’s the surprise? | 别闹了 快说到底是什么 |
[00:16] | I’ll even take Gayle. | 盖尔我也能接受哦 |
[00:16] | 盖尔·金 黑人女主播 奥普拉的好朋友 | |
[00:19] | You would’ve graduated if the school hadn’t closed, | 如果不是学校关门 你本来能毕业 |
[00:21] | And Oleg knows a guy who fakes documents, so… | 奥列格刚好认识个办假证的人 所以… |
[00:24] | You’re a pastry school graduate, | 你现在是烘焙学校毕业生 |
[00:26] | And I’m a real estate agent and a French citizen. | 而我有房产中介证跟法国公民身份 |
[00:30] | I’ll be able to show houses in France. | 我可以在法国带人看房子哦 |
[00:33] | And how are you getting there? | 请问你怎么去法国 |
[00:34] | I’m also a licensed pilot. | 我还是个持照飞行员哦 |
[00:37] | Look, I am not a pastry school graduate. | 我不是什么烘焙学校毕业生 |
[00:40] | I’m not even a high school graduate. | 我连高中都没毕业 |
[00:42] | The only thing I graduated from was a Scared Straight Program, | 我只有从一个”吓弯取直”的课程毕业过 |
[00:44] | which is why I’m not gay anymore. | 所以我现在不再是”弯”的了 |
[00:48] | Max, you really didn’t graduate? | 麦克斯 你真的高中没毕业吗 |
[00:50] | I always thought you were kidding about dropping out of high school, | 我以前一直以为你说你高中辍学是开玩笑 |
[00:52] | Like when you say that Howard Stern is your dad. | 就跟你总说霍华德·斯特恩是你老爸 |
[00:53] | 霍华德·斯特恩 知名电台与电视主持人 曾在《美国达人》出任评审 | |
[00:55] | ‘Cause he is. Look at our eyes. | 他真的是 看我们眼睛多像[其实没有] |
[00:59] | And I did drop out. | 我也真的辍学了 |
[01:00] | I was like, “Later, suckas. | 当时我说 “滚吧 傻逼们 |
[01:02] | I’ll find a water fountain somewhere else”” | 天涯何处无饮水器啊” |
[01:05] | Water fountains? Gross. | 饮水器吗 真恶心 |
[01:06] | In private school, | 在私立学校 |
[01:07] | we never bent down to put our mouths on something | 我们从不弯腰 拿嘴接东西 |
[01:09] | unless it had a yacht. | 除非那东西[人]有游艇 |
[01:14] | I didn’t need a piece of paper from high school, | 老娘当年就不屑高中的那张纸 |
[01:16] | and I don’t need this fake piece of paper, | 也不需要这张假的破纸 |
[01:18] | because I don’t fake things. | 因为老娘从不玩假的 |
[01:20] | except orgasms with guys who don’t know | 除了对做爱时 不懂怎么拉女人头发的男人 |
[01:22] | how to yank hair good. | 我会假高潮 |
[01:26] | 打工 | |
[01:26] | 打工 | |
[01:41] | Well, I’m glad you called back, | “还好你有回电 |
[01:43] | You slimeball. | 你个软脚虾” |
[01:47] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[01:48] | When you weren’t here when I woke up, I got worried. | 我醒来发现你不在时 很担心呢 |
[01:51] | So worried you decided to eat cookies and watch Mama’s family? | 担心到坐着边吃饼干边看《老妈一家》吗 |
[01:51] | 1974-1979年播出的家庭喜剧 | |
[01:56] | We all grieve in our own way. | 每个人表达悲痛的方式都不同 |
[01:58] | Guess I should cancel the strippers. | 看来我得让脱衣舞女别来了 |
[02:01] | So I found out something interesting today | 我今天发现了一件 |
[02:05] | that has to do with you. | 跟你有关的趣事哦 |
[02:06] | Aw, crap, you found out what happened in Orlando? | 靠 你知道我在奥兰多干的好事了吗 |
[02:10] | Why? What happened in Orlando? | 何出此言 你在奥兰多干过啥 |
[02:12] | Don’t tell me you slept with Mickey Mouse. | 你不会是”睡”了奥兰多迪士尼的米老鼠吧 |
[02:16] | Well, I slept with someone With suspenders and four fingers. | 我跟了穿吊带裤的四手指人物”睡”过 |
[02:21] | I’m assuming it was mickey. | 我想那应该是米老鼠没错[高飞狗] |
[02:24] | Either way, it was heaven. | 总之 那真是爽到九重天了 |
[02:27] | Well, I found out | 我发现 |
[02:29] | that you’re not the badass you claim to be. | 你当年才不是你说的那种狠角色 |
[02:31] | I talked to your old high school Principal, | 我跟你当年高中的校长聊了 |
[02:33] | and he said the only reason you didn’t graduate | 他说你没毕业的唯一原因 |
[02:35] | is ’cause you failed to show up for one history final. | 是你缺席了一场历史期末考 |
[02:38] | My high school’s still standing? | 我的高中还没烧毁吗 |
[02:41] | Guess I didn’t flick that cigarette far enough. | 看来我当年那烟头弹得不够到位 |
[02:45] | I cannot believe you’d invade my privacy like that. | 你居然敢这么侵犯我的隐私 |
[02:48] | Invade your privacy? | 侵犯你个屁隐私 |
[02:50] | You shave your junk with the door open. | 你还开着门给你”鸟巢”修枝剪叶呢 |
[02:55] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[02:57] | To the apartment. | 开的是家里大门 |
[03:02] | Well, maybe you’ll change your mind | 或许这个能让你改变主意 |
[03:04] | when you find out that the Principal– | 你当年的历史老师 |
[03:05] | your old history teacher, Mr. Huck– | 也就是现在的校长 哈克老师 |
[03:07] | said you can come back and take the test this Friday, | 说你这周五可以回校考试 |
[03:10] | and if you pass, you’ll get your diploma. | 如果你考过了 就给你发毕业证 |
[03:13] | If that’s Mr. Huck, I will murder your face. | 如果是哈克老师 我会把你碎尸万段 |
[03:17] | Max, please don’t kill me. | 麦克斯 求你别杀我 |
[03:18] | I can live here, but I can’t die here. | 我可以住在这里 但不能死这里 |
[03:22] | Hey, girls. | 姑娘们安安 |
[03:27] | I got Google glasses. | 我买了谷歌眼镜哦 |
[03:30] | See, right now, I’m looking at you | 我现在一边看着你们 |
[03:33] | and ordering tapioca on Amazon. | 一边在亚马逊上订木薯呢 |
[03:38] | Now is not a great time, Sophie. | 苏菲 现在不太方便 |
[03:40] | Max is upset with me | 麦克斯在不爽我 |
[03:41] | because I’m trying to help her graduate from high school. | 因为我想帮忙她高中毕业 |
[03:44] | Aw, you’re sure she’s just not upset with you | 你确定她不爽你不是因为 |
[03:46] | ’cause of the way you chew? | 你嚼东西的样子欠揍吗 |
[03:49] | I’m sorry I have to chew, everyone. | 抱歉 我吃东西得嚼是我不对 |
[03:52] | I found out Max can go take one history test in her hometown, | 我发现只要麦克斯回老家考一场历史考试 |
[03:55] | and then she’ll get her diploma. | 她就能拿到高中毕业证 |
[03:58] | Max, you know I’ve never been a big fan | 麦克斯 你知道我一直对这货… |
[04:01] | of hers… | 没好感 |
[04:03] | But I like the idea of you getting that degree. | 但我觉得你能拿到那毕业纸挺好的 |
[04:06] | I mean, I’ll never live down | 像我就永远忘不了 |
[04:08] | not graduating from school for the deaf. | 没有从那失聪学校毕业的事 |
[04:13] | You’re not deaf, Sophie. | 苏菲 你又没有失聪 |
[04:15] | I know. It was really hard. | 是啊 所以读得辛苦啊 |
[04:19] | Well, I don’t care who she called, | 我才不管她是跟谁联络了 |
[04:21] | ’cause I’m not gonna do it. | 反正我绝对不会去 |
[04:23] | And if Mr. Huck thinks I would ever step foot | 如果哈克老师觉得我这辈子 |
[04:25] | back in his Mr. Know-it-all university, | 有可能再回他装逼的教室里 |
[04:28] | I have two words for him. | 我有几个字送他 |
[04:30] | “Huck u.” | “哈”你妈 |
[04:33] | That’s what Mr. Huck said you’d say. | 哈克老师早猜到你会这么说了 |
[04:36] | He also said that senior year, | 他还说高四那年 |
[04:37] | you sold “Huck u” T-shirts | 你曾兜售过”哈你妈”文化衫 |
[04:41] | and that you have no ambition and no follow-through. | 他还说你这个人没追求 没恒心 |
[04:43] | That’s when I knew he was really your teacher. | 听到这里我才确定 他真是你老师 |
[04:47] | No ambition? | 我没追求吗 |
[04:48] | I made enough off those shirts | 老娘卖衣服挣来的钱 |
[04:50] | to do nothing for, like, a month. | 让我一个月啥都不用干 |
[04:54] | Look, I got two bus tickets to Rhode Island. | 我弄了两张去罗德岛的大巴票 |
[04:57] | I didn’t even know you could buy bus tickets ahead of time. | 我都不知道坐大巴能提前买票呢 |
[04:59] | I thought you just showed up, and if you looked like | 我还以为只要到汽车站 人看起来像 |
[05:00] | you made enough mistakes in life, they let you on. | 这辈子犯过足够多的错误 就能上车了 |
[05:05] | Come on, Max. | 去嘛 麦克斯 |
[05:06] | I haven’t waited this long to hear someone say yes | 我好久没试过等了这么久 就为了听人说”好” |
[05:09] | since I was at school for the deaf. | 上次还是我在失聪学校时呢 |
[05:14] | Fine. | 好 |
[05:16] | Fine, I’ll go. | 好吧 我去 |
[05:17] | But only because Mr. Huck thinks I won’t. | 但只是为了证明哈克老师是错的 |
[05:21] | Aw, okay, well, I’m gonna let you two start studying. | 我就不打扰你们俩读书了 |
[05:23] | And in full disclosure, | 我得坦白 |
[05:25] | I watched some porno during this conversation. | 在你们俩废话连篇时 我看了点黄片 |
[05:29] | See ya later. | 再见啦 |
[05:35] | Hey, Max. | 麦克斯 |
[05:36] | Caroline told everyone the good news | 卡洛琳跟我们大伙说了 |
[05:38] | about you going back to take that American history test. | 你要回去考美国历史的好消息了 |
[05:41] | Good for you. | 干得好 |
[05:42] | Yeah, I started studying last night, | 是啊 我昨晚开始读书了 |
[05:44] | and on behalf of all white people, | 我要代表全体白人 |
[05:46] | I would like to apologize for everything ever. | 向你们黑人为我们所做过的一切道歉 |
[05:51] | Well, apology accepted for everything ever | 我接受你为你们做过的一切道歉 |
[05:54] | except for slavery and The Gap. | 除了奴役黑人与开盖璞的事 |
[05:54] | 盖璞 美国青少年时尚休闲服饰品牌 | |
[06:00] | Here, Max, I brought you the history book | 给 麦克斯 这是我为了要考 |
[06:02] | which I’m studying from for my citizenship test. | 美国公民考试 在读的美国历史书 |
[06:05] | Aren’t babies automatically citizens? | 婴儿不是直接能拿公民吗 |
[06:09] | I don’t know why I root for you. | 我都不知道我为啥要帮你 |
[06:13] | Here, your country has a very rich past, | 给 你们国家的历史很丰富啊 |
[06:15] | unlike Korea, which had its past stolen by the Japanese. | 不像我们棒子国 历史都被日本鬼子偷了 |
[06:20] | Han, we are not talking about European history. | 阿憨 有丰富历史的是欧洲历史 |
[06:24] | We are talking about American history. | 不是美国历史 |
[06:27] | Oof, you’re going to be working here forever. | 你这水平 看来只能一辈子当服务员了 |
[06:33] | Good luck, lady. | 姑娘 保重 |
[06:37] | Okay, Max, I’ve come up with a way | 麦克斯 我想出了个办法 |
[06:39] | for you to work and study at the same time, | 能让你边工作边读书 |
[06:41] | Like when you shop and steal at the same time. | 就跟你边逛街边偷东西一样 |
[06:45] | I know, when they show it to me on those security cameras, | 是啊 每次他们给我看监视录影带时 |
[06:47] | I’m always impressed. | 我总是超佩服自己 |
[06:49] | I mean, I really don’t know anyone else who’s doing it. | 我真的没听说过有人会我这招呢 |
[06:54] | Max, pick-up. Burrito for table eight. | 麦克斯 上菜 八号桌的玉米煎饼 |
[06:56] | Ugh, jeez, I just walked in. | 不是吧 我才刚到 |
[06:58] | Why do I have to have all this burrito drama? | 为啥总有这么多煎饼破事缠着我 |
[07:01] | First, Caroline says I have to quiz you | 卡洛琳说每次你来拿菜 |
[07:03] | every time you come to the window, so… | 我都得考你一题 所以… |
[07:06] | Who was the sexually virile male pop singer | 请问热门歌曲《杰西的女朋友》 |
[07:08] | responsible for the hit song Jessie’s girl? | 是哪位爷们流行歌手创作的 |
[07:14] | Rick springfield. | 里克·斯普林菲尔德 |
[07:15] | Burrito’s all yours, smarty. | 真聪明 玉米煎饼拿去吧 |
[07:19] | Oleg, no. | 奥列格 不行 |
[07:20] | You have to ask questions from the flash cards I provided. | 你得从我给你的问题卡中提问 |
[07:23] | They’re color-coordinated by century | 我用颜色区分了问题的年份 |
[07:24] | and subdivided by President. | 再依照当时的总统做了细分 |
[07:28] | Don’t look at me like that, Max. | 麦克斯 干嘛这么看我 |
[07:29] | I’m a fun person. I taught myself the Dougie. | 我不是死书呆好吗 我自学了道基舞呢 |
[07:35] | Okay, here goes. | 好 我要问啦 |
[07:37] | Which amendment to the United States constitution | 美国宪法第几修正案 |
[07:41] | guarantees a woman’s right to… | 给了女人们… |
[07:44] | vote? | 投票的权利[第19] |
[07:49] | Wait, women can vote? | 等等 女人可以投票啊 |
[07:53] | So when you say women can vote, | 所以你们说女人可以投票时 |
[07:58] | you mean, like, besides for American Idol? | 是指除了给《美国偶像》投票之外吗 |
[08:03] | Max, you think you’re not smart, but you are. | 麦克斯 你自觉不会读书 其实不是 |
[08:06] | You just need to come up with little tricks | 你只需要想出几招记忆妙方 |
[08:07] | to help jog your memory. | 来帮忙唤醒[慢跑]记忆 |
[08:09] | My memory doesn’t jog. | 我的记忆才不会慢跑 |
[08:11] | I’ve smoked so much pot, it’s in one of those hospitals | 我吸过太多大麻 它现在正在某家医院 |
[08:13] | learning to walk again. | 重新学习怎么走路呢 |
[08:19] | What was the Great Compromise? | “伟大的妥协”是什么 |
[08:21] | You mean besides you moving in with me? | 除了让你搬进我家之外的吗 |
[08:23] | It created the two houses of Congress. | 让美国设了参议院与众议院 |
[08:28] | Next question: What was the movement | 下一题 禁止贩卖 |
[08:30] | against the sale or drinking of alcohol called? | 与饮酒的运动叫什么 |
[08:32] | The bowel movement? | 大肠运动吗 |
[08:35] | No, the temperance movement. | 不 是禁酒运动啦 |
[08:37] | And don’t mention the bathroom. | 也别再提厕所了 |
[08:38] | I’ve had to pee since we passed that last town | 之前经过那个不知以前产啥的小镇时 |
[08:40] | that used to make something. | 我就想尿尿了 |
[08:42] | Just go to the bathroom. | 那就去上厕所啊 |
[08:43] | What are you so afraid of? | 你是在怕什么啊 |
[08:45] | The bathroom. | 那厕所啊 |
[08:48] | I will use a public bathroom. | 我愿意使用公厕 |
[08:49] | I will use a public bus. | 也愿意乘坐公共大巴 |
[08:51] | But I will not use the public bathroom on a public bus. | 但我不愿意使用在公共大巴上的公厕 |
[08:54] | Next card. | 下一题 |
[08:55] | No, give me a Twizzler. I know enough. | 不要 给我颗糖 我学够多了 |
[08:56] | No candy. Study harder. | 不许吃糖 认真点读 |
[08:58] | You’re looking at a solid “D.” | 你绝对只能拿个”D”了 |
[09:00] | Well, my grades should match my boobs. | 我的分数得跟我的胸部大小一样啊 |
[09:00] | 麦克斯实际胸部是美国36DD 下胸围91CM | |
[09:03] | Next question. Okay. | 下一题 |
[09:05] | In what city was the constitution written? | 美国宪法是在哪个城市诞生的 |
[09:07] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[09:09] | Philadelphia? | 费城吗 |
[09:10] | Oh, damn it, I almost said that. | 靠 我差点要回答这个呢 |
[09:12] | It’s right there. | 这么明显 |
[09:13] | Philadelphia makes cheesesteaks. | 费城出产牛肉奶酪三明治 |
[09:16] | The constitution is cheesy. | 宪法很俗气[奶酪] |
[09:18] | Why do I doubt myself? | 我为什么要质疑自己呢 |
[09:21] | How much further? | 还多远啊 |
[09:22] | I thought Rhode Island was supposed to be a tiny state. | 我还以为罗德岛只是一个小州呢 |
[09:24] | When are we stopping? | 什么时候能下车啊 |
[09:25] | Well, we have to pass Cranston, Providence, | 得先经过克兰斯顿 普罗维登斯 |
[09:27] | and then our stop is Hope. | 然后我们在霍普[希望]下车 |
[09:29] | Wait, Max, you were born in a town called “Hope”? | 麦克斯 你是在叫做”希望”的小镇出生的吗 |
[09:33] | Well, just outside hope. | 在霍普[希望]之外 |
[09:35] | and success and money. | 也在成功与金钱之外 |
[09:37] | Well, there’s no hope for me. | 好吧 我是没希望了 |
[09:38] | I have to pee so badly. I’m going in. | 真憋不住了 我要杀进去了 |
[09:41] | Leave the Twizzlers. | 把糖留下 |
[09:42] | Here, study. | 给 快读书 |
[09:45] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:46] | You know the toilet isn’t just there as a suggestion. | 你们知道马桶不是装饰物而已吧 |
[10:08] | Wow, North East high. | 东北高中 |
[10:10] | Never thought I’d be here again. | 从没想过我会再踏足这里 |
[10:12] | This sure brings back no memories. | 完全没勾起我任何回忆啊 |
[10:17] | It’s cute. | 挺有爱的 |
[10:18] | You know, in an underfunded public school kind of way. | 资金不足公立学校风格的那种有爱法 |
[10:22] | Wait, are you in high school? | 等等 你是高中生吗 |
[10:25] | Oh, my God, I’m a hundred. | 天啊 我简直是千年老妖 |
[10:28] | Oh, there it is, 2-C. | 就这里 2C教室 |
[10:30] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[10:32] | Why are you covering those up? | 为什么你把它们关起来了 |
[10:33] | They’re the only reason I passed chemistry. | 我化学能过都是靠它们的呢 |
[10:39] | Max Black. | 麦克斯·布莱克 |
[10:41] | Mr. Huck. | 哈克老师 |
[10:44] | I’m surprised. | 我很惊讶 |
[10:45] | That I showed up? | 惊讶我会来吗 |
[10:47] | No, that you’re alive. | 不 惊讶你还活着 |
[10:50] | You and me both, sister. | 我也有同感 姐妹 |
[10:53] | And you must be Caroline. | 想必你就是卡洛琳了 |
[10:54] | Oh, you look just like the girls | 你看起来就像是 |
[10:56] | Max used to give wedgies to in the cafeteria. | 以前会被麦克斯恶整的那种姑娘 |
[10:59] | Still does. | 她现在还会呢 |
[11:02] | Oh, ladies, this is Hector. | 女士们 他叫赫克托 |
[11:03] | Hector will be joining us today, | 赫克托今天会跟我们一起考试 |
[11:05] | as he was not in attendance during exam day. | 因为他考试时没有出席 |
[11:07] | Ay, yo, Mr. Huck, that’s ’cause my sister didn’t wake me up | 哈克老师 我迟到是因为我姐没叫我起床 |
[11:10] | ’cause she’s a bitch. | 也因为她是个贱人 |
[11:14] | Very good. | 很好 |
[11:19] | This place is filled with tiny tables, yo. | 这地儿咋这么多小桌子啊 |
[11:23] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:24] | It’s teachers and delinquents only | 只有老师与小流氓们 |
[11:26] | beyond this point. | 可越过此线 |
[11:27] | You can wait out there. | 你可以在这里等 |
[11:29] | – Are you nervous? – A little. | -你紧张吗 -有一点 |
[11:31] | I forgot I have a joint in my purse, | 我忘了我包里有大麻烟 |
[11:32] | and I don’t want to get expelled. | 我可不想被老师开除啊 |
[11:35] | Max, you can do this. | 麦克斯 你行的 |
[11:36] | I think you think you can’t, | 我知道你觉得自己不行 |
[11:38] | but I know that you can. | 但我知道你能行 |
[11:40] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[11:42] | You are smart. | 你很聪明 |
[11:44] | What are you? | 你是什么 |
[11:45] | Smart. | 聪明鬼 |
[11:46] | See, you already got one question right. | 你看 你已经答对一题了 |
[11:50] | Okay, kids, | 好了 孩子们 |
[11:51] | put on your thinking hats. | 开始动脑筋吧[戴上思考之帽] |
[11:54] | Ay, yo, I thought we couldn’t wear hats in the classroom. | 我以为在教室不许戴帽子呢 |
[11:59] | I’m going to ignore that, | 这句话我就当没听见 |
[12:00] | because if I don’t, I will weep. | 否则我会被你蠢哭的 |
[12:04] | “In 1775, Paul Revere warned which two men | “1775年 保罗·里维尔警告哪两个人 |
[12:04] | 美国独立战争时期的一个英雄人物 | |
[12:06] | that the British were coming to arrest them?” | 说英国人要来抓他们了” |
[12:09] | In the Beastie Boys song Paul Revere, | 在野兽男孩的歌曲《保罗·里维尔》中 |
[12:11] | he had a horsie and a quart of beer. | 保罗有一匹马和一夸脱啤酒 |
[12:14] | Sam Adams is a beer, and if you have too much, | 山姆·亚当斯是啤酒 如果喝太多 |
[12:14] | 三姆啤酒是美国知名啤酒 与山姆·亚当斯同名 | |
[12:17] | you end up giving a John a hancock. | 会醉到帮某个叫约翰的陌生男子打飞机 |
[12:19] | 两者皆为美国独立战争的领袖 | |
[12:19] | Sam Adams and John Hancock! | 所以答案是山姆·亚当斯和约翰·汉考克 |
[12:25] | I wasn’t this nervous when I waited for the results of a hep C test. | 我在等丙肝测试结果时都没这么紧张 |
[12:30] | Then again, I didn’t study for that one at all. | 反正我也完全没学那玩意 |
[12:34] | Ay, yo, I think I nailed it. | 我觉得我过了 |
[12:36] | You failed, Hector. | 你挂了 赫克托 |
[12:39] | For real? | 真的假的 |
[12:40] | For really real. | 是真的 |
[12:42] | You even got the answer wrong | 就连麦克斯好心 |
[12:43] | that Max so graciously said out loud. | 大声说出来的答案 你都写错了 |
[12:47] | Aw, that’s cool, Mr. Huck. | 没关系啦 哈克老师 |
[12:48] | Next time, right? | 再接再厉嘛 |
[12:51] | Sure. | 是啊 |
[12:54] | Max, I’m sorry to tell you that… | 麦克斯 很抱歉 |
[12:59] | I was wrong to doubt you. | 我不该质疑你的 |
[13:01] | You got a “B.” | 你的成绩是”B” |
[13:03] | You passed. | 你过了 |
[13:04] | You lying son of a bitch. | 你个爱说谎的死老头 |
[13:08] | It’s true, Max. | 是真的 麦克斯 |
[13:09] | In fact, I went over it three times | 老实说 我前后看了三遍 |
[13:11] | to make sure I wasn’t insane. | 以确保不是我发疯 |
[13:14] | Whatever that friend of yours there did to help you, | 你那位朋友用来帮你的那些方法 |
[13:16] | it really worked. | 的确奏效了 |
[13:18] | I’m sorry, but I can’t stand out there any longer. | 抱歉 但我实在不能在外面站着了 |
[13:21] | I’ve caused a small pandemic of erections in freshman boys. | 不少高一新生得了会对我”起立”敬礼的传染病 |
[13:25] | I passed! I got a “B”! | 我过了 我得了个B |
[13:27] | Now my grade matches your boobs! | 我的分数跟你的咪咪大小一样 |
[13:27] | 卡洛琳实际胸部是美国32A 下胸围81 | |
[13:30] | I’m getting that stupid diploma | 我要拿到我不在乎的 |
[13:32] | I said I didn’t care about. | 那个白痴毕业证了 |
[13:37] | You can do more than get that diploma, Max. | 麦克斯 除了拿学位证 你还可以干别的呢 |
[13:39] | Graduation is tomorrow, and if you stay overnight, | 明天就是毕业典礼 如果你在这过夜 |
[13:41] | you can walk with the class in the morning. | 明早可以和同学们一起参加典礼 |
[13:44] | Uh, yes. | 好啊 |
[13:47] | You want to go to graduation? | 你居然想去参加毕业典礼 |
[13:49] | That’s so me of you. | 你太有我的风范了 |
[13:52] | Well, I busted my “A” to get that “B,” | 我一个学渣拿出了学霸的魄力 |
[13:54] | and I want to get the whole package. | 我当然得享受全套服务啦 |
[13:56] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[13:57] | Well, we’ll see you tomorrow at 10:00 A.M. | 那我们明早10点见 |
[13:59] | And, Hector, we’ll see you in front of the Am/Pm | 赫克托 那我们就在你平时让陌生人 |
[14:01] | asking strangers to buy you beer? | 给你买啤酒的那个便利店门口见啦 |
[14:14] | I call the bed. You can have the table. | 床归我 桌子归你 |
[14:16] | Max, that bed is so tiny, | 麦克斯 这床太小了 |
[14:17] | we’re gonna have to spoon. | 咱俩得抱着睡了 |
[14:19] | The only spoon that’s ever been in this room | 这房间唯一有可能出现抱抱的情况 |
[14:20] | was hovering over a flame. | 是起火后 我们抱着跳出火堆 |
[14:23] | Well, it’s cute. | 这房间蛮可爱的 |
[14:25] | I’m not vaccinated for anything in here, but… | 虽然我来这之前没有打预防疫苗 但 |
[14:28] | it’s cute. | 这里蛮可爱的 |
[14:34] | And safe. | 还很”安全” |
[14:37] | Yeah, they have cable, | 是啊 这里有有线电视 |
[14:38] | and you can rent rooms by the hour, | 房间也可以按小时租 |
[14:40] | so I used to come here to watch Sex and The City | 所以我以前经常跟一个叫小麻吉的妓女 |
[14:42] | with a prostitute named Tiny Marge. | 来这里看《欲望都市》 |
[14:44] | She’d bring me banana bread and hang out. | 她会给我带香蕉面包 然后我们一起玩 |
[14:46] | It was fun. | 真欢乐 |
[14:48] | Oh, great. | 这下可好 |
[14:49] | There’s no coffeemaker. | 这里居然没有咖啡机 |
[14:54] | Never mind, found it. | 算了 我找到了 |
[14:57] | Your mom wasn’t worried when you’d come down here? | 你以前来这里 你妈不会担心吗 |
[14:59] | No. | 不会啊 |
[15:00] | She was a little jealous that I was hanging out | 她还有点嫉妒 因为 |
[15:01] | with Tiny Marge without her, but… | 我跟小麻吉玩不带她 但… |
[15:04] | The only thing my mom ever worried about was herself. | 我妈唯一担心的也只有…她自己 |
[15:08] | She’s selfish. | 她很 自私 |
[15:10] | She missed my birth | 她因为”有事” |
[15:12] | ’cause she “had a thing.” | 错过了我的出生 |
[15:14] | Come on, she can’t be that bad. | 拜托 她不可能这么糟糕 |
[15:17] | Turns out, you’re not that big of a high school dropout, | 而且事实证明 你不算是高中辍学的学渣 |
[15:19] | and she’s probably not that big of a monster. | 所以你妈可能也不是一个人渣 |
[15:22] | I mean, she raised you alone, and you didn’t die. | 至少她独自抚养你 没把你弄死啊 |
[15:24] | I did actually, twice. | 其实我都死过两次了 |
[15:26] | But in fairness to her, she wasn’t there either time. | 但帮她说句公道话 那两次她都不在 |
[15:29] | Max, why don’t you invite her to your graduation? | 麦克斯 你何不请她来参加你的毕业典礼 |
[15:31] | And don’t say you don’t have her number. | 别告诉我你没她电话 |
[15:33] | I know it’s in your phone under “lady I came out of.” | 你手机里那个”爬出她洞洞”的联系人就是她 |
[15:37] | I also know I’m in your phone as “fart monster.” | 我还知道在你手机里 我的称呼是”屁精” |
[15:40] | That’s because I know, like, three Carolines. | 那是因为我认识三个卡洛琳 要区分 |
[15:43] | – No, you don’t. – Busted. | -胡说 -被你发现了 |
[15:46] | Here, I’ll dial, You just leave the message. | 我来打 你来留口讯 |
[15:48] | – Here. – No! | -给 -不要 |
[15:49] | – Max! – Fart monster! | -麦克斯 -屁精 |
[15:51] | Just do it. | 听话 |
[15:52] | You’ll be so happy when you see her there tomorrow. | 明天你看见她一定会很高兴的 |
[15:54] | If we live through the night. | 提前是我们能活过今晚 |
[15:58] | Hey, it’s me, Max. | 是我 麦克斯 |
[15:59] | Brown hair, lived in you for 7 1/2 months | 那个棕色头发 在你肚子里只住了7个半月 |
[16:02] | due to your inability to read the warnings | 就因为你眼瞎不会看香烟盒上的警告 |
[16:03] | on the side of cigarettes. | 而被赶出来的人 |
[16:05] | Listen, I’m graduating from high school tomorrow, | 听着 明天是我高中毕业典礼 |
[16:08] | so if you’re not busy looking for pills under the stove | 如果你不忙着从炉子底下找药片 |
[16:11] | or selling the neighbor’s cat for beer money, | 或抓邻居家的猫去换酒钱的话 |
[16:13] | why don’t you come? | 就过来看看吧 |
[16:14] | Max! | 麦克斯 |
[16:15] | What? That was a first draft. | 干嘛 那只是草稿啦 |
[16:17] | Hit three, delete, rerecord. | 按3号键 删除 重录 |
[16:20] | Hey, it’s me, Max. | 是我 麦克斯 |
[16:22] | Look, I’m getting my degree tomorrow at the high school. | 明天我要去高中领毕业证 |
[16:25] | You know, that’s the building between the bar you drink at | 地点就在你喝酒的那间酒吧 |
[16:27] | and the bar you dance at, so… | 和你”跳舞”的那间酒吧之间 |
[16:29] | Hit three, delete, rerecord. | 按3号键 删除 重录 |
[16:32] | Hey, it’s Max. | 我是麦克斯 |
[16:33] | I’m graduating from high school tomorrow. | 明天是我的高中毕业典礼 |
[16:35] | If you can make it, it starts at 10:00. | 时间是早上10点 希望你赏光 |
[16:37] | Okay, bye. | 再见 |
[16:39] | See, that wasn’t hard. | 瞧 不是很难[硬]吧 |
[16:41] | This duvet is, but that wasn’t. | 这床被子是 但打电话不是 |
[16:49] | How come they only give you one of these? | 为什么帽子上就一个流苏穗呢 |
[16:53] | Okay, Max, maybe don’t say anything else, | 麦克斯 要不你还是别说话了 |
[16:54] | or they’ll take your diploma back. | 我怕他们把毕业证收回去 |
[16:57] | Okay, graduates, it’s time. | 好了 毕业生们 时间到 |
[16:59] | Everyone line up alphabetically, | 大家按字母顺序排队 |
[17:01] | and let’s make our way. | 出发去礼堂吧 |
[17:02] | Oh, and congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[17:06] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[17:09] | Max, you look so smart in that robe. | 麦克斯 长袍加身的你看着好聪明呀 |
[17:12] | I’m not that smart. | 其实没有啦 |
[17:13] | I just found out you’re supposed to wear clothes under this thing. | 我刚发现原来袍子里面是要穿衣服的 |
[17:19] | Max, I never asked you. | 麦克斯 我从未问过你 |
[17:21] | You were so close to getting your diploma. | 你离毕业证只差一场考试 |
[17:22] | Why didn’t you take that test? | 你为什么不去参加呢 |
[17:24] | I was going to, but my mother | 我本来想去的 但我妈 |
[17:25] | kept me out of school that day to go to the mall. | 那天不让我去上学 非要拉我去逛百货 |
[17:28] | On finals day? | 在期末考试那天吗 |
[17:30] | Was there at least a special appearance By Raven-Symone? | 是不是雷文·西蒙尼大驾光临你们的百货 |
[17:30] | 美国青春偶像歌手 曾主演迪士尼最成功喜剧《天才魔女》 | |
[17:35] | No one good ever came here. | 有名气的好人不会来这里 |
[17:38] | Just like my mother didn’t come here today. | 就像我妈今天不会来一样 |
[17:41] | There’s still time. Maybe she’ll come. | 还有时间 或许她会来 |
[17:43] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[17:44] | I mean, my dad was late to my graduation | 我毕业典礼时 我爸也迟到了 |
[17:46] | because his helicopter needed to refuel. | 因为他的直升飞机要加油 |
[17:49] | Yeah, that’s probably what happened to my mom. | 是啊 我妈可能也碰到这种情况了 |
[17:52] | But her helicopter’s probably passed out on top of her. | 但她的那架飞”鸡”可能已经睡死在她身上了 |
[18:00] | I have never been more confident, | 我从未像今天这般自信 |
[18:02] | because as I stand here and look out at all of you today… | 因为今天我站在这里 看着你们大家 |
[18:07] | I was my class valedictorian. | 我以前也是致词的优秀毕业生 |
[18:09] | I realize nobody can stop us. | 我意识到 没人可以阻挡我们前进 |
[18:12] | Mm-hmm, yeah, I thought that too. | 是啊 我也曾天真如你 |
[18:15] | We are the future. | 我们就是未来 |
[18:18] | Sure we are, until you have to pee on a bus in ten years. | 没错 等10年后你得在大巴上尿尿就梦醒了 |
[18:27] | Thank you, Amy. | 谢谢 艾米 |
[18:29] | It’s hard to imagine not hearing that voice | 我”不敢想象”在接下来的4年里 |
[18:31] | every day for the next four years. | 我每天都听不到这声音了 |
[18:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:42] | Hi, Mrs.–Ms.– Max’s mom. | 那个 那个 麦克斯的妈妈 |
[18:45] | This is Caroline Channing, your daughter Max’s | 我是卡洛琳·钱宁 你女儿麦克斯的 |
[18:47] | best friend and roommate and business partner. | 好友兼室友兼生意伙伴 |
[18:50] | I didn’t want to leave this on a voice mail, | 虽然我很不想给你留言 |
[18:52] | but I cannot believe you didn’t show up | 但你居然缺席自己女儿的毕业典礼 |
[18:54] | to your own daughter’s graduation | 这种行为让我无法理解 |
[18:56] | When you are the sole reason she didn’t graduate in the first place. | 而且你还是害她当年没能毕业的罪魁祸首 |
[18:59] | I mean, who takes their daughter to the mall on finals day? | 谁会期末考试那天 带女儿去逛百货啊 |
[19:01] | What kind of mother are you? | 有你这么当妈的吗 |
[19:03] | And all the times I’ve defended you to Max– | 一直以来我都在麦克斯面前帮你说话 |
[19:05] | not to make it about me, but it was a lot– | 我不是在夸自己 但我的确常常 |
[19:08] | saying, “She’s not that bad. She’s not that bad.” | 说”她其实没那么糟糕啦” |
[19:10] | Well, I guess you are that bad. Max is right. | 但你的确就是这么糟糕 麦克斯说得对 |
[19:12] | You are a monster. | 你是个人渣 |
[19:15] | If you’re on your way, we’re in the second row. | 如果你已经在路上了 那我们在第2排等你哦 |
[19:16] | I have blonde hair. | 我是金色头发那个 |
[19:26] | Christina Bayers. | 克里斯蒂娜·拜尔斯 |
[19:29] | Whoo, that’s my granddaughter! | 那是我孙女 |
[19:37] | Salazar Belmonte. | 萨拉查·贝尔蒙特 |
[19:42] | That’s my boy! | 那是我儿子 |
[19:45] | Max Black. | 麦克斯·布莱克 |
[19:51] | Max Black. | 麦克斯·布莱克 |
[20:02] | That’s my downstairs neighbor! | 她是我楼下的邻居 |
[20:18] | So what, you called them all? | 所以你打电话把他们都叫来了 |
[20:20] | Yeah, you know, just in case. | 是啊 以防万一嘛 |
[20:22] | Max, you were right, and I was wrong. | 麦克斯 我错了 你是对的 |
[20:23] | Your mother’s really as bad as you said. | 你妈真的就像你说的那样糟 |
[20:25] | Mm, oh, it’s not that bad. | 其实没那么坏啦 |
[20:28] | What do you mean? | 怎么不是了 |
[20:29] | She took you to the mall on finals day. | 明明是她在期末考试时带你去逛百货 |
[20:30] | Yeah, but it was the greatest day we ever had. | 是啊 但那天是我们过得最开心的一天 |
[20:34] | We got ice cream, | 我们买了冰淇淋 |
[20:35] | we ate it in the massage chairs at Brookstone, | 我们坐在超市的按摩椅上吃 |
[20:37] | And then a kid fell in the fountain, | 然后有个小孩掉进喷泉 |
[20:39] | and we died laughing. | 我们都快笑死了 |
[20:41] | Well, I guess you can graduate high school any day, | 哪天都能高中毕业 |
[20:43] | but you can only watch a kid | 但看到小孩差点淹死 |
[20:44] | almost drown in a fountain once. | 这种好事可不是天天有 |
[20:46] | It is okay that she wasn’t there today, | 她今天不来没关系 |
[20:48] | because you were. | 因为你来了 |
[20:50] | And none of this would have been possible | 而且如果没有你推我一把 |
[20:52] | if you hadn’t pushed me. | 这一切都不可能发生 |
[20:53] | And that kid wouldn’t have almost drowned | 当然如果不是我推了那小孩一把 |
[20:55] | if I hadn’t pushed him. | 他也不会差点淹死 |
[20:58] | Little different. | 还是稍有区别的吧 |
[21:00] | Bottom line, you had faith in me | 总而言之 你对我有信心 |
[21:02] | like Thomas Jefferson had faith in Lewis and Clark. | 就像托马斯·杰斐逊相信路易斯和克拉克一样 |
[21:04] | 美国第三任总统杰斐逊派路易斯和克拉克对美国西部进行探险 28个月后 他们完成了美国历史上最伟大的军事开拓 | |
[21:06] | Oh, no. | 天啊 |
[21:09] | Now you’re both nerds! | 现在你俩都是死书呆了 |