时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Stay with me. Come on, now. | 醒醒 |
[00:42] | Come on, now. | 坚持住 |
[00:48] | Stay with me. | 坚持住 |
[01:11] | – My lord! – Make room! | -大人! -准备房间! |
[01:12] | Oh my God! Kate! | 我的天!凯特! |
[01:14] | Call the surgeon at once! | 赶紧叫医生! |
[01:17] | She has a cut on the back of her head. | 她的后脑勺有伤口 |
[01:19] | I kept pressure on it, but it needs stitching. | 我一直按着 但需要缝合 |
[01:22] | – Miss Sharma? Can you hear me? – She needs more blankets. She’s shivering! | -莎尔玛大小姐?能听见我说话吗? -拿毯子来 她还在发抖! |
[01:25] | Allow me to get to work. | 请别妨碍我做事 |
[01:35] | What happened? My valet saw you carry Miss Sharma inside. | 怎么回事?我的侍从见 你把莎尔玛大小姐抱进屋 |
[01:38] | Is she all right? | 她没事吧? |
[01:39] | I do not know. | 我不知道 |
[01:41] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[01:50] | It’s my fault. | 是我的错 |
[01:55] | It is all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[02:00] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[02:01] | Anthony. | |
[02:04] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[02:20] | Where is she? | 她人在哪里? |
[02:22] | It’s been a week since she last published. | 都一个礼拜没发表了 |
[02:24] | There should’ve been at least two issues by now, if not three. | 已经误了两、三期了 |
[02:27] | Perhaps she had nothing more to say about that radical ruffian, | 关于埃洛伊斯布里杰顿这种混账东西 |
[02:30] | Eloise Bridgerton. | 可能她已经无话可说了 |
[02:33] | You there. What’ve you done with our scandal sheet? | 小子 你那些绯闻小报哪里去了? |
[02:36] | Nothing today, sir. Would you like a newspaper? | 今天没得卖 先生 要来份报纸吗? |
[02:40] | Nonsense. | 岂有此理 |
[02:43] | I do hope Whistledown picks up her pen again | 但愿维斯道恩能重新执笔 |
[02:45] | in time to write about my forthcoming nuptials. | 正好写写我即将举行的婚礼 |
[02:48] | Perhaps she rested her pen | 或许她搁笔 |
[02:50] | so she did not have to write about such an uninteresting affair. | 就是为了免于在这种无聊事情上着墨 |
[02:53] | Or perhaps she was done ruining the lives of others. | 要么就是不想再毁掉他人的人生了 |
[02:56] | Mama, I wish to visit Eloise. It has been a week. | 妈妈 我想去看看埃洛伊斯 这都一个星期了 |
[02:58] | You will not set foot into that household. Do you understand me? | 你不准去她家 听懂了没? |
[03:02] | So, where are we with, uh, Mr. Bridgerton? | 跟布里杰顿先生的事谈得怎么样了? |
[03:05] | We are close. I’m set to meet with him this afternoon. | 快成了 我约了他下午见面 |
[03:07] | Very well. Do you not think it time for us to spend some of our earnings? | 好吧 既然赚了钱 你说是不是应该稍微花一点? |
[03:12] | Our coffers are overflowing. | 我们的金库都满了 |
[03:13] | Well, I suppose I could use a larger gun cabinet. | 换个大点的枪柜我倒是不介意 |
[03:15] | I was thinking more of some kind of celebration. | 我是想庆祝庆祝 |
[03:18] | Varley. | 瓦里 |
[03:20] | Lord Featherington and I would like to give a ball. | 费瑟灵顿大人和我想办场舞会 |
[03:22] | Excellent idea. | 好主意 |
[03:23] | So that we may finally celebrate our engagement? | 这样总算能庆祝我们订婚了 对吧? |
[03:25] | So that we may finally celebrate all of us. | 这样大家都能庆祝一下 |
[03:29] | Varley, I want luster and glitter and gold. I want the best of everything. | 瓦里 我要装点得金壁辉煌 所有东西都用最好的 |
[03:34] | And we will call it | 就取名叫 |
[03:37] | “The Featherington Ball.” | “费瑟灵顿舞会” |
[03:39] | How original. | 真有创意呢 |
[03:40] | I will have invitations sent out straight away, ma’am. | 夫人 我马上就发请柬 |
[03:43] | Now… what about the Bridgertons and the Sharmas? | 那请不请布里杰顿家和莎尔玛家? |
[03:46] | Considering the state of their households. | 考虑到他们两家的状况 |
[03:49] | It would be titillating to see those two families in one place again. | 把他们聚到一处 肯定有好戏看 |
[03:51] | Everyone does love a touch of drama. | 大家都喜欢看热闹 |
[03:53] | Everyone knows Miss Sharma is yet to awaken from her accident. | 大家都知道莎尔玛小姐出了事 现在还没醒过来 |
[03:57] | Perhaps we shouldn’t make jest of her family at a time like this? | 人家有难 我们还是不要幸灾乐祸吧? |
[04:00] | Invite them all. They likely will not come, of course, poor souls, | 两家都请 当然 他们估计不会来 可怜见的 |
[04:03] | but let everyone be allowed to finally see how well we’re doing. | 不过还是给大家机会 看看我们家 到底过得有多好 |
[04:07] | After such a tragic year. | 这一年我们多不容易 |
[04:10] | I was thinking… | 我在想… |
[04:21] | Roses and lilacs, I think, this time. Cheerful. | 这次送玫瑰和紫丁香吧 欢快些 |
[04:25] | Thank you, Mrs. Wilson. | 谢谢你 威尔森太太 |
[04:29] | Are you sending flowers to the Sharmas again? | 您又给莎尔玛家送花啊? |
[04:32] | There’s nothing worse than rotting flowers when someone is unwell. | 身体不好时 看残花最丧气了 |
[04:36] | We’re not attending this Featherington Ball, are we? | 我们不会去参加“费瑟灵顿舞会”吧? |
[04:38] | Oh, I do not know. I suppose it is a good thing we were invited. | 不知道 受邀应该算是好事吧 |
[04:42] | On my walk this morning I was given the cut direct. Twice. | 今早散步 我居然两次被人无视 |
[04:46] | At least Lady Whistledown does not seem to be writing about it. | 至少维斯道恩女士没写这事儿 |
[04:49] | She does not seem to be writing at all anymore. Is that not right, El? | 她好像什么都没写 是吧 小埃? |
[04:53] | Eloise, uh, | 埃洛伊斯 |
[04:54] | perhaps a stroll with Penelope might help clear your mind. | 跟佩内洛普一起走走 也许能让你散散心 |
[04:58] | The last thing Penelope needs is to be seen consorting with the likes of me. | 佩内洛普现在最应忌讳的 就是与我这种人为伍 |
[05:01] | The Featheringtons know how bad this is. And you do too. | 费瑟灵顿家知道情况有多糟糕 |
[05:04] | Even if you refuse to admit. | 虽然您拒绝承认 但您也知道 |
[05:05] | No one informed me that we have lost three staff in the last month. | 没人告诉我家里上个月走了三位佣人 |
[05:09] | These are precisely the things I must know about. | 这种事得让我知道啊 |
[05:11] | We are not the only ones affected by our ill reputation of late, Anthony. | 安东尼 近来家族声名受损 受害的并非只有我们 |
[05:13] | Colin. Would you care to inform me about anything? | 科林 你有事要告诉我吗? |
[05:18] | – I do not take note of staff changes. – What about our accounts? | -佣人流动的事我可不留意的 -那家里的账户呢? |
[05:21] | You do not seem to take note of them either, | 显然你对此也并未留意 |
[05:23] | since I spent the last two days balancing our books, | 过去这两天我一直在对账 |
[05:25] | only to discover that you have taken out a rather large sum. | 结果发现你取走了一大笔钱 |
[05:28] | Whatever for? | 拿去做什么了? |
[05:32] | If you must know, I was exploring an investment with Lord Featherington. | 既然你非要我说 我想投资费瑟灵顿大人的生意 |
[05:36] | This is just what makes the difficulties in this household. | 就是因为这种事 家里才会这么乱 |
[05:38] | No one gives any thought as to how it must be managed. | 谁也不好好想想 究竟该怎么操持这个家 |
[05:40] | He is one and 20, Brother. | 哥哥 他都21岁了 |
[05:42] | Is no one allowed to make their own decisions? | 我们家就没人有权自己做决定吗? |
[05:44] | You, keep doodling. | 你 接着画你的画 |
[05:45] | And do not ask me to speak of your activities. | 别逼我提你那些荒唐事 |
[05:47] | I wouldn’t know where to begin. | 我都不知该从哪件说起 |
[05:49] | May I be excused? | 我能否先行告退? |
[05:51] | I must go too. | 我也失陪了 |
[05:54] | But do not worry, Brother. | 别担心 哥哥 |
[05:55] | I shall send you notice of every step I take today. | 今天我每走一步 都会向你打报告的 |
[05:58] | – Yes. Doodling awaits, I suppose. – I do have so much to read. | -也是 我还是画画去吧 -我还有好多书要读 |
[06:02] | I have my Latin. | 我得学拉丁文 |
[06:10] | How is she? | 她情况怎样? |
[06:14] | I do not know. I have not… | 我不知道 我还没… |
[06:15] | You have not been to see her? It has been a week… | 你还没去看她?这都一个礼拜了… |
[06:19] | Have I not made it clear I’ve been busy? | 我不是说了我很忙吗? |
[06:29] | I would be lying if I said I was not worried about you, Anthony. | 安东尼 老实说 我真为你担心 |
[06:34] | I do not have time for this. | 我没闲工夫聊这个 |
[06:39] | Well… | 这样啊… |
[06:42] | perhaps you might wish to make time. | 或许你应该抽点时间 |
[07:14] | Miss Eloise. A package for you. | 埃洛伊斯小姐 有您的包裹 |
[07:16] | – Oh, I do not want any… – You might want this one. | -我不要什么… -这个你估计想要的 |
[07:22] | I’ll be outside. | 我就在门外 |
[08:14] | You got my note. | 你收到我的便条了 |
[08:16] | Why did you not tell me sooner? | 你为什么不早告诉我? |
[08:19] | Why did you continue lying to me? | 为什么一直骗我? |
[08:21] | Carrying on with me, when you knew, this entire time | 陪我做这做那 而你一直都知道 |
[08:24] | that the real Lady Whistledown has been using this very shop | 维斯道恩女士一直就在这里 |
[08:26] | to print her scandal sheet. | 印刷她的八卦小报 |
[08:27] | I couldn’t tell you. | 我没法告诉你 |
[08:29] | Not when she was still watching me. | 她一直在监视我 |
[08:32] | Why do you think I ended things with you, despite wanting to do the very opposite? | 你以为我为什么断得那么绝? 这样明明与我的心意背道而驰 |
[08:37] | I did not want her to see the two of us together. | 我不想让她看到我们两个在一起 |
[08:39] | I didn’t want her to write cruelly of you. | 我不想让她把你写得丑恶不堪 |
[08:41] | A little late for that. | 现在为时已晚 |
[08:47] | I owe you an apology, Miss Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿小姐 我要向你道歉 |
[08:51] | For everything. | 一切都是我的错 |
[08:52] | Whistledown has now taken her business elsewhere. | 维斯道恩已经找别家了 |
[08:55] | – Thought you deserve to know the truth. – I deserve more than that. | -但你有权知道真相 -我有权得到更多 |
[09:01] | She seems to have stopped writing at all. | 她好像完全停笔了 |
[09:03] | Which is why now is the perfect time to find her, | 所以现在正是找她的绝佳时机 |
[09:06] | when she is unsuspecting, and with your knowledge of her methods | 趁着她毫不起疑 你熟悉她的手法 |
[09:08] | and my endeavors, I’m sure together we can finally unmask her. | 加上我穷追不舍 咱俩联手 肯定能揭穿她的身份 |
[09:17] | I must know everything you know. | 你得把知道的一切告诉我 |
[09:20] | The manuscripts came early mornings. | 手稿都是大清早送来 |
[09:23] | Twice a week, usually. | 通常一周两次 |
[09:24] | – You have the wrapping they came in? – Never came in wrapping. | -包裹的纸张在你这儿吗? -没有包裹的纸张 |
[09:27] | They came sewn into silks. | 稿子都缝在丝绸里 |
[09:38] | I was pleased to receive your invitation today, Your Majesty. | 女王陛下 我很高兴 今天收到您的邀请 |
[09:42] | I had thought you might not wish to see me after | 我还以为 最近出了这么多事 |
[09:45] | the, uh, events of late. | 您肯定不待见我呢 |
[09:47] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[09:49] | I seem to have some time on my hands | 没有维斯道恩女士让我闹心 |
[09:51] | without Lady Whistledown to keep me occupied. | 我现在倒是略有闲暇 |
[09:54] | I thought you might offer me some stimulating conversation. | 我想着没准儿你能给我解解闷儿 |
[09:57] | Ah. | |
[09:58] | I never did learn the true reason | 我一直都没弄明白 |
[10:01] | why the viscount and his bride | 子爵和他的新娘 |
[10:04] | did not walk back down the aisle together. | 为什么没能共赴婚姻殿堂 |
[10:06] | Did it have anything to do with Lord Bridgerton’s | 莫非这与布里杰顿大人 |
[10:08] | political radical of a sister? | 那个染指激进政治的妹妹有关? |
[10:11] | I would not know, ma’am. We have all been busy | 夫人 对此我并不清楚 最近大家都很忙 |
[10:13] | keeping the elder Miss Sharma in mind | 牵挂着莎尔玛大小姐的事 |
[10:16] | until, as we hope, she recovers… from her fall. | 之前不是堕马了嘛 但愿她的伤能尽快恢复 |
[10:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:21] | I shall send a few necklaces to express my sympathies. | 我会送几条项链过去 以表慰问 |
[10:25] | – That is kind of you. – It’s not a problem. | -您真有心 -小事一桩 |
[10:29] | Do you believe anyone else is bound for the aisle this season? | 你觉得本社交季 还会有其他人成婚吗? |
[10:33] | What about Lord Fife | 费弗大人 |
[10:34] | and that dour child who fancies herself a harpist? | 和那个以竖琴家自居 又不爱讲话的姑娘怎么样? |
[10:37] | I am unaware of such a match. | 我并不晓得他俩是一对 |
[10:39] | Lady Whistledown had a monopoly on such, uh, speculations, did she not? | 只有维斯道恩女士才会做出 这种揣测 不是吗? |
[10:45] | Eh, perhaps it would do us all some good | 或许转投其他兴趣 |
[10:50] | to find new interests. | 对我们大家都有好处 |
[11:00] | Mind your business, Will. | 威尔 管好你自己的事 |
[11:04] | And by “your business,” I mean this bar. It needs tending. | 这酒吧就是“你自己的事” 你得上点心 |
[11:09] | So, then, where are these mines, exactly? | 你这些矿在什么地方? |
[11:12] | I hesitate to say the exact location. | 具体的位置现在不方便说 |
[11:13] | I would not want other prospectors taking over nearby. | 我可不想让其他矿商从一旁抢了生意 |
[11:16] | Mondrich! | 蒙德里奇! |
[11:17] | Pleasure seeing you here. | 见到你可真高兴 |
[11:18] | Well, it is his bar. | 他毕竟是这里的老板 |
[11:20] | Seems the lord is treating it more like his private office | 看样子这位大人 |
[11:23] | for conducting his schemes. | 把这里当成自家办公室 净搞些骗人勾当 |
[11:25] | “Schemes” is a rather unpleasant word, don’t you think? | 说是“骗人勾当”也太难听了吧? |
[11:27] | Mr. Bridgerton, you cannot be entertaining any of this in earnest. | 布里杰顿先生 千万别上他的当 |
[11:30] | – The man is a swindler. – I beg your pardon, Mondrich. | -他是个骗子 -不好意思 蒙德里奇 |
[11:34] | It is a trait he seems to share with his late cousin, | 他那位已故的表亲亦是如此 |
[11:37] | someone I myself became involved with | 而我本人也曾与之有过牵连 |
[11:39] | and whose unscrupulous actions I once mistakenly condoned. | 当初我一步走错 成为他无良勾当的帮凶 |
[11:43] | Perhaps you may be able to see it for yourself. | 也许你自己也看得出来 |
[11:45] | The Featheringtons, giving the most lavish ball of the season. | 费瑟灵顿家正在筹备本社交季 最为奢华的舞会 |
[11:48] | – Quite a celebration for a family who… – Leave them out of it. | -如此排场岂是这样一个… -请不要拿他们说事 |
[11:52] | The Featheringtons are a fine family | 费瑟灵顿是体面人家 |
[11:54] | whose reputation has been most unfairly traduced. | 只是声名遭人诋毁 |
[11:57] | I would be very careful of the accusations you make in future, | 以后最好谨慎行事 别轻易指控他人 |
[12:00] | as it hardly seems you can afford to drive away any more patrons. | 这里的客人已经少之又少 再走就没人了 |
[12:05] | Perhaps we might find another place to conduct our business, Featherington? | 费瑟灵顿 要不我们 还是换个地方谈生意吧? |
[12:21] | Colin Bridgerton has taken the bait. | 科林布里杰顿上钩了 |
[12:23] | You may have allowed me to move into my bedchamber, | 大人 虽说是经你允许 我才得以搬回卧室 |
[12:26] | but that does not mean you can just burst in unannounced. | 但这并不代表你可以随便闯进来 |
[12:28] | My apologies. | 抱歉 |
[12:31] | Well, the ball is coming together delightfully. | 舞会的筹备很顺利 |
[12:35] | Gold flowers, gold drinks, gold everywhere. | 花卉、饮品 样样金光闪闪 |
[12:38] | Do you not like gold? | 你不喜欢黄金吗? |
[12:40] | Now that Mr. Bridgerton is in, | 如今拿到了布里杰顿的投资 |
[12:41] | it seems we have well-nigh exhausted the entire ton. | 贵族圈的人已经基本被我们拿下了 |
[12:44] | – But how can that be? – We’ve been efficient. An excellent team. | -怎么会这样? -我们合作默契 出手够快 |
[12:49] | Well, we can always make trips to visit the wealthy families in the countryside. | 不妨也拜访一下那些乡绅显贵 |
[12:53] | The wealthy families in the countryside are few and far between. | 乡下的显贵少之又少 |
[12:57] | Meanwhile, the families here will begin asking for a return | 而过不了多久 这里的上流家族 |
[13:00] | on their investments before long. | 也要吵着要投资收益了 |
[13:01] | And then, well, this whole thing falls apart. | 到时纸可就包不住火了 |
[13:05] | Do not tell me you have no plan of escape, my lord. | 大人 你不会连个脱身计划也没有吧 |
[13:10] | We leave London. | 我们离开伦敦 |
[13:13] | Travel to the Americas. | 去美洲 |
[13:15] | I will do no such thing. | 我才不去 |
[13:18] | You like being on top here, yes? | 你喜欢在这里做人上人 对吧? |
[13:20] | Well, then imagine how good it will feel to be in a new city. | 想象一下 在一座陌生的城市 你将何等得意 |
[13:23] | Endless opportunity, endless wealth, for us to secure together. | 无尽的机会、无尽的财富正等着我们 |
[13:28] | Portia, we could be an even better team | 波西娅 没有这倒霉圈子的束缚 |
[13:31] | without the restrictions of this godforsaken society. | 你我的合作将更加亲密无间 |
[13:36] | You do know that America has no royalty. | 要知道 美国可没有贵族 |
[13:39] | You could be their queen. | 你可以在异乡称王称后 |
[13:55] | Think about it. | 想想看 |
[14:03] | Oh, and, | 还有 |
[14:05] | I do very much like gold. | 我非常喜欢黄金 |
[14:21] | You must not do this, Didi. | 姐姐 你不可以这样 |
[14:25] | You must not leave me like this. We have to… | 你不能就这样离开我 我们还要… |
[14:31] | Please. | 求你了 |
[14:50] | Edwina. | 埃德温娜 |
[14:54] | Mama! Lady Danbury! Make haste! | 妈妈!丹伯里女士!快来呀! |
[14:57] | Oh… | |
[15:02] | – Dearest? – She is awake! | -亲爱的? -她醒了! |
[15:03] | – Oh! – Thank heavens. Send for the doctor. | 谢天谢地 |
[15:06] | Kate. | 快去请大夫 凯特 |
[15:08] | Do you remember? | 你记得发生过什么吗? |
[15:11] | I remember riding in the park. | 我记得在公园里骑马 |
[15:15] | And the fall. | 还堕马了 |
[15:17] | Oh, Mama, Edwina, I am so sorry. | 妈妈 埃德温娜 真对不起 |
[15:19] | You must rest, Didi. Do not strain yourself. | 姐姐 好好休息 别太担心 |
[15:28] | Did Lord Bridgerton come to see me? | 布里杰顿大人来看过我吗? |
[15:30] | He… | 他…在公园里救了你 |
[15:32] | He rescued you in the park. | |
[15:35] | Gallantly, in fact. | 十分英勇 |
[15:37] | He brought you back here several days ago. | 几天前 是他把你送了回来 |
[15:44] | And since? | 然后呢? |
[15:53] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[15:58] | You are right. | 你们说得对 |
[16:00] | I must rest. | 我应该好好休息 |
[16:18] | I will join the family in the drawing room momentarily. | 我一会儿就去客厅 |
[16:20] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[16:25] | – She’s awake? – Mrs. Wilson heard from one of the maids. | -她醒了? -威尔森太太从女佣那里听说了 |
[16:54] | It is… unthinkable. | 经历那样的情形 |
[17:00] | Finding someone like that. | 简直…无法想象 |
[17:05] | Someone | 而对方 |
[17:07] | you love. | 就是你心爱的人 |
[17:13] | I am sorry. | 真对不起 |
[17:15] | I am so sorry that it was you who was with your father that day. | 很抱歉那天让你眼睁睁看着父亲离世 |
[17:19] | And I am… sorry for everything that happened | 很抱歉在之后的几天里 |
[17:23] | in the days that followed. | 让你承受了那么多 |
[17:26] | If I could go back and change things… You have no idea | 如果我能回到当初 改变一切… |
[17:29] | how much I wish I could change everything. | 你都不知道 我多想改变一切 |
[17:34] | It is what I think about every night before I close my eyes, | 每日夜晚合眼前 早上睁眼前 |
[17:37] | and then again every morning before I open them. | 我想的都是这件事 |
[17:42] | It will never go away. | 永远也放不下 |
[17:58] | I do not think that I can see her. | 我无法面对她 |
[18:12] | Losing Edmund was the most difficult time of my life. | 失去艾德蒙那段日子 是我一生中最痛苦的时光 |
[18:18] | And the pain that I felt… | 那种切身之痛… |
[18:25] | beyond description. | 简直无以言表 |
[18:29] | But there is one thing that has given me at least some modicum of solace. | 但至少有一件事让我感到些许安慰 |
[18:34] | It’s knowing | 那就是我知道 |
[18:36] | that I would still choose the life I led with him, | 无论重来多少次 我依然会选择 |
[18:38] | each and every time. | 与他共度余生 |
[18:41] | And I would undoubtedly feel | 毫无疑问 我还会 |
[18:43] | the same pain I felt all over again if I had to | 再次承受相同的痛苦 但我心甘情愿 |
[18:46] | because real, true love is worth it. | 为了真爱 一切都是值得的 |
[18:54] | No matter what. | 无论怎样 |
[18:59] | Do not lose her, Anthony. | 安东尼 不要失去她 |
[19:04] | You cannot lose her. | 你不能失去她 |
[19:23] | – Mademoiselle Bridgerton. – Ah. | 布里杰顿小姐 |
[19:26] | What are you doing here on your own? I thought you did not care for vêtements. | 你怎么一个人来了? 我还以为你对时装没兴趣呢 |
[19:29] | I am not here for dresses. | 我不是来做衣服的 |
[19:31] | I should, however, like to dress you down. | -不过 |
[19:35] | Excuse-moi? | 我倒是想扒一扒你 -什么? |
[19:36] | You worked with her, did you not? | 你是她的同伙 对吧? |
[19:38] | Lady Whistledown? | 维斯道恩女士? |
[19:41] | Mon Dieu! You have a fantastical mind. | 老天爷 你的想象力可真丰富 |
[19:46] | I thought you were her at one point. That proved to be wrong. | 我曾一度以为你就是她 后来发现不对 |
[19:49] | But I do realize you have boys taking packages in and out all day long, | 但我确实留意到 你的伙计 成天拿着包裹进进出出 |
[19:53] | which puts you in the most perfect position | 这活儿最适合你了 |
[19:54] | to direct her issues to the printer without raising a single eyebrow. | 把她的文章交付印刷 又丝毫不惹人怀疑 |
[19:58] | I don’t know what you are talking about. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[20:02] | “Madame Delacroix is old, but at least she is capable.” | “德拉克洛瓦夫人虽然上了年纪 但至少手艺出众” |
[20:06] | Not often Whistledown throws out a compliment. | 维斯道恩可很少夸人 |
[20:07] | I do not know many ladies who’d consider being called “old” a compliment. | 没有几位女士会把“上年纪”当作夸赞 |
[20:12] | – Your business prospered after she wrote… – Miss Eloise. | -她文章一出 你这里生意大好… -埃洛伊斯小姐 |
[20:15] | It would be foolish of me to be engaged with such a scandalous person. | 我要是跟那种人扯上关系 也未免太愚蠢了 |
[20:21] | As foolish as it is for you to be poking around like this | 你继续这样瞎打听 也不明智 |
[20:25] | when I know what Whistledown recently wrote of you. | 据我所知 维斯道恩才刚刚写过你的事 |
[20:29] | No? | 不是吗? |
[20:30] | Madame Delacroix, we would like to be gilded. | 德拉克洛瓦夫人 我们想给衣服镀点金 |
[20:38] | El. | 小埃 |
[20:43] | Meet me outside. | 外面会合 |
[20:52] | I realize you are not to be seen with me, but spare me just one moment. | 我知道你不能见我 只要一会儿就好 |
[20:55] | The print shop where Theo works was, in fact, Whistledown’s. | 维斯道恩用的就是西奥工作的印刷坊 |
[20:58] | He has told me everything. | 他把一切都告诉我了 |
[21:00] | Eloise, I thought you had quit your hunt. Were Whistledown’s words not enough? | 埃洛伊斯 我以为你已经没在找了 难道维斯道恩爆料还不够吗? |
[21:03] | You are not listening to me! I am going to find her now! | 你根本没在听! 我马上就要找到她了! |
[21:06] | Do not scream at me! | 别冲我大喊大叫! |
[21:11] | I am… I’m sorry. I… | 对不起 我… |
[21:13] | People know you… you have been speaking to him. Theo. | 人们已经知道你跟西奥有联系 |
[21:17] | There’s been gossip about you and a man from the lower classes. | 最近几周 很多人都在议论 你跟下等男子的事了 |
[21:20] | You had to have heard people talking. | 你想必也有所耳闻 |
[21:22] | Who? Who is talking? | 谁?谁在议论? |
[21:24] | Servants. | 仆人们 |
[21:25] | Those who have heard it from their houses. My sister asked me about it the other day. | 他们从主人家听来的 我姐姐那天还问起 |
[21:31] | I thought I had been discreet. Are you quite sure? | 我以为我很小心了 你确定吗? |
[21:33] | Lady Whistledown has done you a favor. | 维斯道恩帮了你一个忙 |
[21:36] | If she were to find out about this and write about it, then… | 要是这件事被她发现 然后写出来… |
[21:41] | Your family are already in a great deal of trouble. | 你们家已经麻烦缠身了 |
[21:44] | You’ve been consumed by thoughts of her for far too long. | 她已经让你走火入魔 |
[21:47] | First, you love her. Then you hate her. It is enough. | 你先是喜欢她 后来又恨她 适可而止吧 |
[21:49] | I do not want to hear about it anymore. | 我已经不想再听了 |
[21:54] | This scandal of yours will soon pass. | 你的丑闻很快就会过去 |
[21:59] | I look forward to the day | 我期待有朝一日 |
[22:00] | when things’ll return to how they used to be between us. | 我们俩还能像以前一样 |
[22:18] | Bridgerton. Tessa. Mind if I join you? | 布里杰顿 泰莎 介意我加入吗? |
[22:21] | The more the merrier. | 人多更热闹 |
[22:23] | Mr. Bridgerton will be happy to have you here | 布里杰顿先生肯定巴不得你来 |
[22:25] | before the two “me’s” gang up on him. | 不然面对两个“我” 他就寡不敌众了 |
[22:27] | The… | 两个… |
[22:29] | – Uh, just… – Mm-hmm. | 就放那儿… |
[22:36] | It’s remarkable. | 太出色了 |
[22:38] | I should think it your best work to date. | 要我说这是你迄今为止最好的作品 |
[22:40] | Well, perhaps we have all earned a drink. | 那我们都应该喝一杯 |
[22:44] | I am glad to see you blossoming, Bridgerton. | 我真为你高兴 布里杰顿 你越画越好了 |
[22:47] | I think many of us at the Academy assumed you’d be all drink and no paint. | 学院里很多人都以为 你只会喝酒 不会画画呢 |
[22:50] | Why ever would they assume that? | 他们为什么会这么想? |
[22:53] | Considering your acceptance. | 因为收你入院 |
[22:55] | How it was based on, well, you know… | 你也知道 是因为… |
[22:58] | Rupert. | 鲁伯特 |
[22:59] | What… Enlighten me. | 恳请赐教 |
[23:01] | Please. Wha… | 因为… |
[23:05] | Your brother’s large donation to the Academy. | 你哥哥给学院捐了一大笔钱 |
[23:08] | It’s what secured your place. | 所以才有你一席之地 |
[23:11] | I thought you knew. | 我以为你知道呢 |
[23:47] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 |
[23:51] | I’m glad to see you’re awake. | 你醒来真是太好了 |
[23:56] | I hear it was you who found me and brought me home safe. | 听说是你发现了我 还把我平安送回 |
[24:00] | I suppose I must be grateful for our very first race in the park. | 我想是多亏了公园中 与你初次相遇时那次赛马 |
[24:04] | If it were not for that fateful moment, | 如果不是那次命运般的邂逅 |
[24:08] | who knows what else could have happened? | 谁又知道后面会发生什么事呢? |
[24:11] | Hmm. | |
[24:16] | Thank you for the flowers. | 谢谢你送的花 |
[24:22] | Was there something else, my lord? | 大人 你还有别的事吗? |
[24:29] | I called on you. | 我来看过你 |
[24:33] | The morning after. | 第二天早上就来了 |
[24:37] | I called on you to apologize. | 我来向你道歉 |
[24:40] | You deserved so much more than that. | 是我亏待了你 |
[24:46] | I took liberties. I… | 是我过于放肆 我… |
[24:50] | I did not want it to happen like that, so… | 我不希望是以那种方式 所以… |
[24:55] | – I came to apologize. – Yes, you already said… | -我来向你道歉 -你已经说过… |
[24:57] | And to ask you to marry me. | 并且向你求婚 |
[24:59] | Uh… | |
[25:01] | Miss Sharma. | 莎尔玛小姐 |
[25:03] | – I’m here, and I’m asking… – What are you doing? | -我在此 请你… -你要做什么?不行 |
[25:05] | No. My lord, I do not need you to ask me anything at all. | 大人 你什么也不用为我做 |
[25:08] | Kate. I… | 凯特 |
[25:09] | I am returning to India. | 我要回印度了 |
[25:13] | The moment I resolve matters with my sister, | 等和妹妹的事一解决 |
[25:16] | I am returning to India. It is decided. | 我就启程回印度 已经决定了 |
[25:31] | And your family’s financial affairs? | 那你家的经济困境呢?你就这么… |
[25:33] | Lady Danbury has offered to sponsor my mother and sister for another season. | 丹伯里女士愿意下一季 |
[25:36] | I am certain they will do perfectly well on their own, | 继续资助我母亲和妹妹 相信她们自己 |
[25:38] | as it is clear I am of no help. | 也能应付 显然我是一点忙也帮不上 |
[25:46] | You are running away. | 你这是逃避 |
[25:49] | Please go. | 拜托你走吧 |
[25:53] | Go! | 走! |
[26:14] | Then perhaps it could be the other modiste. | 也许是别的女装裁缝 |
[26:17] | The other modiste was driven out of business in part | 维斯道恩女士 对德拉克洛瓦夫人赞美有加 |
[26:19] | by Lady Whistledown praising Madame Delacroix. | 也害得其他裁缝没生意做 |
[26:21] | So she must be hiding something. | 她肯定有所隐瞒 |
[26:22] | Perhaps. But she is quite crafty. | 也许吧 但她很狡猾 |
[26:25] | If Madame Delacroix is involved, she will never admit it. | 如果德拉克洛瓦夫人参与其中 她肯定不会承认的 |
[26:28] | Yet another clue that will only lead nowhere. | 又是一条死胡同 |
[26:33] | Oh. Do not bother yourself. | 不用麻烦了 |
[26:55] | Forgive me. | 很抱歉 |
[26:57] | I… | 我… |
[27:04] | This is absurd. | 太荒谬了 |
[27:08] | – I would never… – No, this whole thing, it is absurd. I… | -我绝对不会… -不 是这整件事太荒谬 我… |
[27:13] | We cannot continue to meet like this. | 我们不能这样继续见面了 |
[27:15] | – This was your idea. – I know. | -这可是你的主意 -我知道 |
[27:17] | I… | 我… |
[27:18] | I know it was. | 我知道 |
[27:20] | And I am sorry for wasting your time. | 抱歉浪费了你的时间 |
[27:24] | Are you? | 这是浪费吗? |
[27:26] | Or are you suddenly dropping out of this hunt for other reasons? | 或者你突然收手是另有隐情? |
[27:30] | People are already talking about us, Theo. | 西奥 人们已经对我们说三道四了 |
[27:33] | And, no, I do not normally care what other people think, but, yes, | 没错 我平时是不在乎别人怎么看我 |
[27:36] | I care about you. | 但我是真的在乎你 |
[27:39] | And if we continue on like this, | 如果我们再这样下去 |
[27:41] | I could not live with myself | 最后让你遭了殃 |
[27:43] | if you are the one who has to face the consequences. | 那我永远也无法原谅自己 |
[27:46] | I should have known. | 我早该知道的 |
[27:50] | That you could not be any different from all other ladies. | 你和其他那些大小姐没什么两样 |
[27:55] | It’s all right, Miss Bridgerton. | 没关系 布里杰顿小姐 |
[27:57] | You dipped your toe into my waters, trying to make yourself feel better | 你生来富贵 心中有愧 |
[28:01] | about the unearned advantages of your birth. | 于是跑来招惹我 以求良心安稳 |
[28:05] | Now you can go back to your life, | 现在好了 你回去过你的生活 |
[28:08] | and I can go back to mine. | 我继续过我的日子 |
[28:17] | I’m sorry I couldn’t help you find your writer. | 抱歉没能帮你找到那位作者 |
[28:22] | Best of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[28:25] | Theo. | 西奥 |
[28:58] | Kate! | 凯特! |
[29:00] | – You should not be up on your own. – I am feeling much improved. | -你不该自己下床的 -我已经感觉好多了 |
[29:04] | The most rested I have felt in years, after a week in bed, in fact. | 多年来 我从没休息得这么好过 都躺了一个星期了 |
[29:09] | It has been a rather strenuous season. | 这一季真的很辛苦 |
[29:11] | Edwina, I know earning your trust again will not be simple. | 埃德温娜 我知道 重新得到你的信任并不容易 |
[29:18] | But I am willing to continue to try, however long it might take. | 但无论要花多久 我都愿意一直尝试 |
[29:24] | When you were unwell, all I cared about was you getting better. | 你受伤那段时间 我一心只希望你能好起来 |
[29:29] | But now that you are, I do have questions. | 现在你恢复了 我的确有些事要问你 |
[29:41] | Was there always something between you and the viscount? | 你和子爵之间 一直都互有好感吗? |
[29:44] | Were you lying to me all along? | 你一直都在骗我吗? |
[29:46] | I was lying to myself. | 是我自欺欺人 |
[29:51] | Perhaps… | 也许… |
[29:54] | there was something between us, but | 我们之间是有感情 但… |
[29:58] | I truly did not know it until it was too late. | 等我真正明白过来 已经太晚了 |
[30:01] | But once you knew, why did you not tell me? | 可你知道以后 为什么不告诉我? |
[30:03] | Why wait for me to put it together on my own like a fool? | 为什么让我像傻子一样自己搞明白? |
[30:06] | I thought I could deny my feelings. | 我以为我可以抗拒这份感情 |
[30:09] | – But… – They were too strong. | -可是… -它太过强烈 |
[30:14] | When I found out about your accident, | 知道你出了事 |
[30:17] | all I could think of is how I do not even know you. | 我满脑子只能想到 自己一点都不了解你 |
[30:22] | Nor do you know yourself. | 你也不了解你自己 |
[30:25] | Kate, I am done with playing a part. | 凯特 我已经受够了装模作样 |
[30:28] | I want to know myself, truly, and to know who you are too. | 我想了解自己 也想好好了解你 |
[30:33] | Because I am unsure I like the young ladies we’ve both been playing. | 你我一直在扮演淑女 可我对此并不怎么享受 |
[30:43] | Might we bring our new selves to this ball the Featheringtons are giving tonight? | 也许我们可以重新做自己 一起参加今晚费瑟灵顿家的舞会? |
[30:47] | Oh, Bon… | 小妹… |
[30:48] | I do not want you to attend for me. | 不要为我而参加 |
[30:51] | Whatever action you now wish to take, | 无论你做出什么选择 |
[30:53] | I only hope it is because you are being truthful to yourself, | 我只希望你能够忠于自我 |
[30:57] | and not because of anyone else. | 而不是为了其他人 |
[31:30] | You seem to have the melancholy of heartbreak about you. | 你看起来一副心碎落寞的模样 |
[31:33] | What would you know about heartbreak? | 你懂什么叫心碎? |
[31:37] | I would not, really. | 我还真不懂 |
[31:43] | But I have felt it in paintings. | 但我可以从画中感受 |
[31:47] | In a Gainsborough portrait or… | 庚斯博罗的肖像画 |
[31:50] | …a Turner sky. | 特纳笔下的天空 |
[31:53] | And what does one feel in a Bridgerton? | 那布里杰顿又给人什么感觉? |
[32:00] | Disappointment. | 失望 |
[32:04] | – Lack of inspiration. – Art Academy not going so well? | -缺乏灵感 -艺术学院的学习不顺利吗? |
[32:09] | I am an impostor, El. | 小埃 我就是个冒牌货 |
[32:11] | Turns out Anthony himself bought my seat at that table. | 是安东尼花了钱 他们才录取了我 |
[32:19] | That does not mean you would not have been accepted on your own. | 那并不代表你自己就考不上 |
[32:26] | I, too, know what it is like to feel oneself an imposter. | 我也知道当冒牌货是什么感觉 |
[32:29] | Parading around ballrooms in feathered frocks, | 穿裙戴羽在舞会游走 |
[32:32] | pretending to be someone I am not. | 装模作样 |
[32:36] | I truly do not want to go to this dreadful ball tonight, | 今晚我是真的不想参加 这可怕的舞会 |
[32:39] | even if I know Pen will be there. | 虽然我知道 小佩也会到场 |
[32:40] | She finds me quite foolish too, at present. | 现在就连她也觉得我冒傻气 |
[32:46] | Would you like a companion? | 要不给你找个伴? |
[32:48] | What? Of course I would not. | 嗯?我才不要 |
[32:49] | Because… I am apparently free. | 因为…我倒是挺闲的 |
[32:54] | Impostor party of two? | 冒牌二人组? |
[32:57] | Hmm. | |
[33:12] | Brother. | 哥哥 |
[33:13] | Gregory. | 格里高利 |
[33:15] | Should you not be in bed? | 还没睡呢? |
[33:16] | I cannot sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[33:18] | Is something wrong? | 出什么问题了吗? |
[33:19] | My Latin teacher believes so. | 我的拉丁文老师这么觉得 |
[33:21] | He yelled at me. | 他对我大吼大叫 |
[33:23] | Thinks I am stupid. | 觉得我太笨 |
[33:28] | I am sorry for disturbing you. | 抱歉打扰你了 |
[33:30] | – I shall… – Gregory, wait. | -我这就… -格里高利 等等 |
[33:33] | Come here. | 过来 |
[33:36] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[33:41] | Your Latin tutor does not think you are stupid. | 你的拉丁文老师并不是觉得你笨 |
[33:43] | He thinks I am frightening. | 他是觉得我太凶 |
[33:49] | I ask too much of him, and of you. | 是我对他、对你 |
[33:53] | And of everyone, really. | 对所有人要求过高 |
[34:05] | Am I like him at all? | 我跟他有相像之处吗? |
[34:08] | Or was he more like you? | 还是你更像他? |
[34:11] | Father. | 像父亲 |
[34:21] | He was, um… | 其实… |
[34:26] | He was like both of us, really. | 我们两个都很像他 |
[34:29] | He had my seriousness, perhaps. | 也许我和他一样严肃 |
[34:33] | He shared your love of a prank. | 他和你一样 喜欢恶作剧 |
[34:35] | Did he? | 真的吗? |
[34:38] | He once put glue in Benedict’s shoes. | 有一回 他往本尼迪克特的 鞋子里抹胶水 |
[34:46] | I wish I could have played a prank on him. | 真希望我也能对他搞恶作剧 |
[34:56] | I wish so too. | 我也是 |
[35:03] | We do not talk about him enough, do we? | 我们还没怎么聊过他 对吧? |
[35:07] | I do not know much about him at all. | 我对他几乎一无所知 |
[35:09] | That is because I have shown up far too late | 因为我缺席了太久 |
[35:12] | for far too many things. | 亏欠了太多 |
[35:23] | Your father was the best man I’ve ever known. | 我所认识的人中 没有一个能比得上父亲 |
[35:29] | He was good for a laugh, of course, but… | 他特别会开玩笑 可是… |
[35:34] | he was courageous, and never afraid to fight. | 他也很勇敢 从不畏惧战斗 |
[35:38] | Not just for his family, | 不仅仅是为家人… |
[35:41] | but for everything else too. | 而是为了所有人 |
[35:59] | Dearest. | 亲爱的 |
[36:01] | How are you feeling? | 感觉怎么样? |
[36:03] | Oh. Well. | 挺好的 |
[36:04] | – Uh, I am feeling well. – Oh. | |
[36:07] | I see you are not yet dressed for the ball. | 看来你还没穿戴好 准备参加舞会 |
[36:09] | I have much to pack before I depart, | 要出发了 我还有很多东西要收拾 |
[36:11] | and I am still unsure whether I would like to attend tonight. | 而且我今晚也不太想去 |
[36:16] | Kate. | 凯特 |
[36:19] | I hope your return to India | 我希望你回印度 |
[36:20] | is not because of some eagerness to flee what is difficult. | 不是因为急于逃避困难 |
[36:24] | I know the feeling too well, | 对于这种感觉 我最清楚不过 |
[36:26] | and I can tell you, it is never the wise choice. | 我可以告诉你 |
[36:30] | Oh… | 逃避并不是办法 |
[36:32] | – Oh, I hate seeing you like this. – It is my fault, Mama. | -我真的不忍心看到你这样 -妈妈 这都是我的错 |
[36:36] | – Everything that has happened. – Edwina forgives you. I forgive you. | -所有的事情 -埃德温娜和我都原谅你了 |
[36:39] | But I do not forgive myself. I was supposed to help her. | 但我不能原谅自己 我应该扶持她 |
[36:43] | To help our family, and instead… | 扶持我们家 而我… |
[36:45] | It is not right that you were left to guide Edwina alone. | 埃德温娜不应该由你一个人来教导 |
[36:48] | That was my failing. | 这是我的失职 |
[36:49] | – You were grieving Appa. – But so were you. | -您一直因为阿爸而难过 -你也一样 |
[36:52] | And after you had already lost your mother too. Kate… | 而你还失去了自己的母亲 凯特… |
[36:55] | You took me in as your own. | 您视我为己出 |
[36:58] | And you never treated me any differently. Everything I… I did, I owed it to you. | 从来不对我另眼相看 我所拥有的一切 都是多亏有您 |
[37:02] | You owed me nothing. | 你对我没有任何亏欠 |
[37:05] | Oh… | |
[37:06] | You never had to earn your place in this family. | 你永远不需要挣得什么资格 才能留在这个家 |
[37:10] | I loved you from the day I met you. | 自从见到你开始 我就一直爱你 |
[37:13] | Oh, love is not something that is ever owed. | 爱从来不讲亏欠 |
[37:17] | You came into my life… as a daughter, | 你进入我的生活 成为我的女儿 |
[37:20] | and I never saw you as anything else. | 我从未把你当成外人 |
[37:24] | Oh, I… | 我… |
[37:26] | It grieves me to think you do not believe you deserve all of the love in the world. | 一想到你觉得自己不配拥有 这世上所有的幸福 我就觉得心酸 |
[37:44] | He was going to ask me to marry him. | 子爵本打算 |
[37:48] | The viscount. | 向我求婚 |
[37:49] | – What? – And I could not allow it, Mama. | -什么? -妈妈 我不能答应 |
[37:53] | He was going to ask me out of mere obligation, | 他求婚只是出于义务 |
[37:55] | some misguided notion of duty after the two of us… | 误以为有什么责任 因为我们俩… |
[38:08] | He does not love me, Mama. | 妈妈 |
[38:14] | Oh, and I… | 他并不爱我 而我… |
[38:16] | I could not allow it. | 我不能答应 |
[38:18] | Oh… | |
[38:24] | My darling, my darling… | 亲爱的 |
[38:46] | Exquisite. | 美妙绝伦 |
[38:48] | Is it not? | 不是吗? |
[38:49] | We might think it a foretaste of my wedding to Cousin Jack, I suppose. | 也许今天可以当作 |
[38:53] | Might he finally dance with me tonight? | 我和杰克表哥婚礼的前奏 他今晚总该请我跳舞了吧? |
[38:55] | Not if he knows what is best for him. | 如果他分不清好坏的话 |
[38:59] | Oh, I shall swoon. | 我要昏倒了 |
[39:02] | This ball is truly my crowning achievement. | 这场舞会绝对是我的至高成就 |
[39:10] | Your Majesty. | 女王陛下 |
[39:22] | I… I cannot do this tonight. | 今晚我实在应付不来 |
[39:25] | I am sorry, Mama. I fear I must disappoint you yet again. | 抱歉 妈妈 恐怕我又要让您失望了 |
[39:27] | The only thing that’d disappoint me is seeing you care | 你要是在乎别人的眼光 |
[39:30] | what anyone else thinks. | 那才会让我失望 |
[39:32] | That would not be you. | 这可不是你的作风 |
[39:35] | I do not want you keeping things from me ever again. | 从今往后 我希望你不要有 任何事瞒着我 |
[39:39] | Now, | 好了 |
[39:41] | you have come thus far this season. | 这一季你都坚持过来了 |
[39:43] | It would be a shame for you to turn back now. | 现在退缩未免太可惜 |
[39:46] | Steady. | 稳住 |
[39:48] | And ready. | 我准备好了 |
[40:16] | Fife had his lady friend in a closet, apparently. | 费弗跟相好在衣柜里 |
[40:20] | For 20 minutes, if you can believe it. | 折腾了足有20分钟 你能相信吗 |
[40:27] | Pen. | 小佩 |
[40:28] | Ooh. El. | 小埃 |
[40:30] | Enjoying your evening? | 享受舞会吗? |
[40:33] | Me neither. | 我也不觉得 |
[40:37] | You were correct… about Theo. | 关于西奥…你说的对 |
[40:40] | It was a mistake, ever getting involved with him. | 与他来往是个错误 |
[40:44] | I took your advice, and I extricated myself. | 我听从你的建议 跟他划清了界限 |
[40:47] | He did not take it well, but I think it was the necessary choice. | 他并不高兴 但这也没办法 |
[40:50] | – Eloise… – Thank you… for protecting me. | -埃洛伊斯… -谢谢你保护了我 |
[40:54] | You are a true friend. | 你是我真正的朋友 |
[40:59] | – So your Lady Whistledown search… – …is over. | -所以你对维斯道恩夫人的身份… -不查了 |
[41:02] | She is gone for good. | 她已经完全消失 |
[41:04] | I suppose now we can finally speak of other things. | 我们也终于可以聊点别的 |
[41:10] | Perhaps we might speak of Lord Fife. | 或许可以聊聊费弗大人 |
[41:13] | I hear he recently spent a good deal of time with Miss Goring in a closet. | 听说最近他跟戈灵小姐在衣柜里 待了好一阵子 |
[41:16] | For what, I cannot imagine. | 难以想象他们做了什么 |
[41:19] | Wherever did you hear that? | 你从哪里听来的? |
[41:20] | Miss Goring is over there, alongside the lemonade table, | 戈灵小姐就在那边 紧挨着饮品台 |
[41:22] | secretly fixing tissue paper in her bosom. | 悄悄往前胸塞纸巾 |
[41:24] | Now we know who for. Look. | 现在我们知道是为谁了 快看 |
[41:30] | What a keen observation, Pen. | 小佩 |
[41:31] | Mmm. | 你的观察力真是敏锐 |
[41:53] | I am glad you decided to come. | 你能来我真高兴 |
[41:55] | I could not miss out on one last evening with you before I go. | 离开前的最后一晚 我当然要跟你一起 |
[42:06] | Then what do you say? | 怎么样? |
[42:07] | Might we take to the dance floor? | 要不要下场跳一曲? |
[42:11] | – With whom? – Ourselves. | -跟谁跳? -你跟我 |
[42:14] | They cannot possibly say anything about us that we have not heard before. | 即便他们议论 也没什么新鲜内容了 |
[42:17] | And should your brush with death not be our best social capital yet? | 你刚与死神擦肩而过 难道这还不是 我们最好的社交资本吗? |
[42:56] | You realize you’re dancing with a ruined Bridgerton, Miss Cowper? | 考珀小姐 你可知舞伴 来自声名狼藉的布里杰顿家? |
[42:58] | I enjoy keeping people alert. | 我喜欢震惊四座 |
[43:01] | And I enjoy that beautiful necklace you are wearing. | 而我喜欢你这条美丽的项链 |
[43:04] | A gift from Lord Featherington? | 费瑟灵顿大人送的? |
[43:06] | Seventeen rubies, in fact. | 17颗红宝石呢 |
[43:08] | Do you grow jealous, Mr. Bridgerton? | 布里杰顿先生 你不是嫉妒了吧? |
[43:11] | Mmm, dazzling. | 真耀眼 |
[43:13] | – Except the clasp is broken. – Is it? | -就是锁扣坏了 -是吗? |
[43:15] | Might I mend it for you? | 我帮你修修吧? |
[43:17] | The Bridgerton valet has a way with jewelry. | 布里杰顿家的男仆修珠宝很有一套 |
[43:20] | You would not be making up an excuse just to call on me, would you? | 你不会是想找机会来见我吧? |
[43:33] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[43:43] | Colin, it could be thought quite scandalous for the two of us… | 科林 你我独处一室 很容易被人当作… |
[43:45] | There are no gemstone mines in Georgia. Your cousin, Lord Featherington, | 你表哥费瑟灵顿大人 在佐治亚州根本没什么宝石矿 |
[43:49] | I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this, Pen, but, | 小佩 很遗憾让你从我口中得知 |
[43:52] | well, I have looked into him. | 我查过他的底细 |
[43:54] | I believe he is nothing but a mere charlatan. | 他就是个骗子 |
[43:56] | What? What are you saying? | 什么?这话什么意思? |
[43:58] | I am saying, if I am right, then this necklace… | 意思是如果我没猜错 这条项链… |
[44:01] | – Penelope? Mr. Bridgerton? – What is the meaning of this? | -佩内洛普?布里杰顿先生? -这是什么意思? |
[44:06] | The meaning is… | 意思是… |
[44:11] | …that this necklace is a fraud, made of glass. | 这条项链是假的 全是玻璃 |
[44:14] | Just like you. | 就像你一样 |
[44:16] | How dare you take advantage of these poor ladies Featherington, | 费瑟灵顿 你怎么可以趁人之危 利用这些可怜的女人? |
[44:19] | without a father or a husband to protect them? | 她们孤儿寡母 无依无靠 |
[44:22] | It is out of concern for their reputation alone | 为了她们的名声着想 |
[44:24] | that I will only address this matter in private. | 我才愿意跟你私下解决 |
[44:26] | But I expect you to return all of the funds you have collected, | 但你最好赶紧归还大家的资金 |
[44:31] | and leave town at once. | 马上离开这里 |
[44:37] | Mama? | 妈妈? |
[44:39] | I’ll deal with this. Thank goodness for Mr. Bridgerton. | 这里交给我 真是多亏了布里杰顿先生 |
[44:51] | We must accelerate our plans. | 我们必须加快计划 |
[44:53] | The money is packed into the chest. | 钱已经装箱 |
[44:55] | We will finish the evening and catch the first ship tomorrow to the Americas. | 今晚一结束 我们坐明早第一班船去美洲 |
[44:59] | Tomorrow? But that’s much too soon, my lord. | 明天?大人 这也太快了 |
[45:01] | And what about my young ladies? | 我家小姐们呢? |
[45:03] | – We shall send for them after. – After? After what? | -之后再派人来接 -之后?什么之后? |
[45:05] | Well, they can come with us. Although I am certain it will be hard | 那就一起走 不过要说服她们 |
[45:09] | to convince them of a midnight flit to the Southern states. | 半夜逃往美国南方应该不容易 |
[45:14] | In some ways, this will be a relief. | 这好歹也算一种解脱 |
[45:17] | I will no longer have to go through with my proposed marriage to Prudence. | 我再也不用遵守跟普鲁登斯的婚约了 |
[45:21] | There will be other possibilities for the future. | 未来还有其他可能性 |
[45:26] | Yes? | 对吧? |
[45:34] | We should return to the party. | 我们得回到舞会上了 |
[45:47] | – Colin. – Are you all right? | -科林 -你没事吧? |
[45:49] | – I believe so. – Good. | -我没事 -那就好 |
[45:50] | Because we are dancing. | 因为我要请你跳舞 |
[45:53] | Hmm. | |
[45:56] | I had been rehearsing that speech in my mind for hours. | 刚才那番话 我在脑子里 演练了好几个钟头 |
[45:59] | If your cousin does not return the money and leave your family alone, | 如果你表哥不还钱 并且继续纠缠你们家 |
[46:02] | I will have another thing to say to him. | 那我可就另有话说了 |
[46:05] | You were astonishing, Colin. | 科林 你真厉害 |
[46:07] | I cannot thank you enough for looking after us. | 你对我们如此照顾 我都不知该如何谢你 |
[46:09] | I will always look after you, Penelope. | 佩内洛普 我会一直照顾你的 |
[46:13] | You are special to me. | 你对我而言很特别 |
[46:14] | As are you… to me. | 你对我…也是一样 |
[46:44] | You will not be able to avoid him all night, Didi. | 姐姐 你不能整晚都躲着他 |
[46:49] | And you should not attempt to. | 你也不该躲着他 |
[46:51] | At least, not on my behalf. | 至少别为了我这么做 |
[46:54] | Be the sister I know that you are. | 做回那个我熟悉的姐姐 |
[46:57] | Be funny and brave and feeling. | 风趣、勇敢、感性 |
[47:02] | Be unafraid to follow your heart after doing the exact opposite | 勇敢听从自己的内心 |
[47:05] | for far too long. | 而长久以来 你一直都在做相反的事 |
[47:07] | You have spent so much of your time shining your light on me. | 你一直都在为我照亮 |
[47:13] | It is time for you to shine all on your own. | 现在是你自己闪耀的时候了 |
[47:32] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 |
[47:34] | Miss Sharma. | 莎尔玛大小姐 |
[47:40] | I was just on my way outside. | 我正要出去 |
[47:48] | We should continue to keep our distance between us, in light of the… | 我们应该继续保持距离 考虑到… |
[47:56] | Perhaps we should not. | 或许不必如此 |
[48:00] | Perhaps the spectators might take pity on me. | 也许看客们会垂怜于我 |
[48:03] | I was on the dance floor | 我站在舞池里 |
[48:06] | days after a terrible injury to the head. | 而几天前头部才刚刚受过重伤 |
[48:10] | Perhaps I needed someone to steady me. | 或许我需要有人扶持 |
[48:15] | Make sure I was all right. | 确保我没事 |
[48:20] | Perhaps you were the first person I found. | 也许我最先找到的人是你 |
[48:27] | How many? | 这是几? |
[48:29] | Three. | 三 |
[48:36] | Are you going to ask me to dance? | 你要请我跳舞吗? |
[48:39] | One last time? | 最后一次? |
[48:42] | Are you going to say yes? | 你会答应吗? |
[49:27] | Do you want to stop? | 你想停下来吗? |
[49:32] | Just keep looking at me. | 看着我就好 |
[49:37] | No one else matters. | 其他人都不重要 |
[49:57] | What a scandal. | 真不体面 |
[50:00] | Is that why the sister’s wedding was abandoned? | 因为这样 妹妹的婚礼才没办成? |
[50:03] | Oh, child, no. | 孩子 此言差矣 |
[50:05] | That wedding did not happen because I simply changed my mind. | 婚礼没办成是因为我改主意了 |
[50:10] | A fact Lady Whistledown must have somehow missed. | 维斯道恩女士居然写漏了 |
[50:14] | I think they look beautiful together. | 我觉得他们两个很登对 |
[50:16] | Beautiful, indeed. | 的确登对 |
[50:18] | Do they not? | 不是吗? |
[50:22] | Do they not? | 不是吗? |
[50:23] | – Or course, Your Majesty. – Indeed. | -是的 陛下 -的确 |
[50:25] | Yes, Your Majesty. | 当然 女王陛下 |
[50:26] | Then why is no one else dancing? | 那其他人怎么不跳舞? |
[50:36] | Miss Edwina, | 埃德温娜小姐 |
[50:37] | have I yet told you about my nephew? | 我跟你提过我侄子没有? |
[50:41] | He is a prince. | 他是王子 |
[50:44] | And he is available. | 而且单身 |
[51:39] | Everyone, outside. I have a surprise for you all. | 请各位移步户外 我为大家准备了一份惊喜 |
[52:24] | Eloise. | 埃洛伊斯 |
[52:29] | Where did you get all of this money? | 你哪来这么多钱? |
[52:31] | What are you doing going through my things? | 你为什么翻我的东西? |
[52:33] | Answer… me. | 回答…我 |
[52:37] | It’s none of your business. | 这与你无关 |
[52:40] | It’s none of my business. I see. | 与我无关 原来如此 |
[52:44] | And what exactly is your business, Pen? | 小佩 什么事与你有关? |
[52:51] | Hearing you repeat all that gossip tonight, it struck me, | 今晚听着你聊八卦 我突然意识到 |
[52:55] | because I have never heard you like that. | 我从没听你这样说过话 |
[52:57] | You might have said those things before, | 这种话你可能说过 |
[52:59] | but tonight was the first time I, in fact, heard you say them. | 今晚还是我第一次亲耳听你说 |
[53:04] | It sounded so familiar. | 听着实在太熟悉了 |
[53:07] | Your words. | 你的话 |
[53:08] | Not just the content or subject, | 不只是内容、话题 |
[53:11] | but the pattern. | 重点是讲话的风格 |
[53:13] | It sounded written, almost. | 像写出来的一样 |
[53:17] | Why do you think that is? | 你觉得这是为什么? |
[53:19] | Because you have been reading too much Whistledown. | 因为你读了太多维斯道恩的东西 |
[53:22] | Her voice, it is echoing in your head, Eloise. | 她的声音已经印在你脑子里了 埃洛伊斯 |
[53:25] | I thought so too, at first. | 我一开始也这么想 |
[53:27] | But then I also thought | 可我又想到 |
[53:29] | about how you were always clinging to that wall, | 你总是贴着那堵墙站 |
[53:32] | collecting all sorts of morsels of gossip. | 收集着各种流言传闻 |
[53:36] | How when I expressed my dislike | 社交季之初 当我表现出 |
[53:38] | for the naming of the diamond at the beginning of the season, | 对于选拔钻石淑女的反感 |
[53:40] | Whistledown disavowed the whole thing shortly after. | 维斯道恩立马对其发文抨击 |
[53:43] | How you were one of the only people | 而你又是为数不多 |
[53:46] | who could’ve known about Miss Thompson’s pregnancy. | 知道汤普森小姐怀孕的人之一 |
[53:48] | You could not… | 埃洛伊斯 莫非… |
[53:49] | And then I thought about how you said people have been talking | 然后我又想到 你说有人在议论 |
[53:52] | about me and Theo. | 我和西奥 |
[53:55] | Only, if that were the case, | 真若如此 |
[53:57] | Whistledown would have written about it weeks ago. | 维斯道恩几周之前就写文爆料了 |
[54:00] | It is even why you chose to work with Madame Delacroix. | 就因为这样 你才会与德拉克洛瓦夫人合作 |
[54:02] | Because she was someone I had already dismissed. | 因为我已经排除她的嫌疑 |
[54:05] | Because this was personal. | 因为此事涉及私交 |
[54:10] | Eloise, I’m sorry. | 埃洛伊斯 对不起 |
[54:13] | I’m so sorry. You are right about all of it. | 我很抱歉 你说得一点没错 |
[54:15] | – I was trying to protect you. – Is that what you were doing?! | -我是想保护你 -你这叫保护? |
[54:18] | By writing about me in your latest sheet? | 在新近的文章里写我的事? |
[54:21] | By telling the entire world about things I trusted you with? | 把我告诉你的体己话告诉全世界? |
[54:24] | Only to convince the queen it wasn’t you. It was the only way I could save you. | 只有这样 女王才会相信你 我只能用这个方法救你 |
[54:27] | The only person you were interested in saving was yourself. | 你想救的只有你自己 |
[54:30] | All so you could keep making money, at a cost to everyone else. | 这样你就可以自己赚钱 毁掉别人 |
[54:33] | At a cost to Miss Thompson. To my brother. | 牺牲汤普森小姐 牺牲我哥哥 |
[54:36] | To my entire family. To your entire family. | 牺牲我们全家 你们全家 |
[54:40] | I ended my friendship with Theo because of you! | 因为你 我断送了与西奥的友谊! |
[54:44] | One of the only good things in my life, | 我生活中难得的一丝美好 |
[54:45] | all because of your self-serving manipulation! | 就毁于你自私自利的摆布! |
[54:48] | You have no idea how horrible it has felt to keep this from you, | 你根本不知道 一直以来 瞒着你 瞒着大家 |
[54:51] | from everyone, for so long! | 我有多痛苦! |
[54:54] | Whistledown has been all I have had, and I have given it up. | 维斯道恩是我的一切 我却放弃了 |
[54:57] | I am done with it. | 就此收手 |
[55:00] | I wrote what I wrote, and I gave it up for you. | 我写了那么多 却为你甘愿放弃 |
[55:05] | I do not even know you. | 我根本不认识你了 |
[55:09] | I look at you now, and all I feel is pity for you. | 现在看着你 我只觉得你可怜 |
[55:13] | Sequestered here in this very room, | 每天躲在这屋子里 |
[55:16] | writing your secret little scandal sheet, | 写着你的秘密八卦小报 |
[55:18] | tarnishing everyone in town because you are too scared | 让全城的人名誉扫地 只因你太胆怯 |
[55:21] | to stand up for yourself in reality. | 不敢在现实世界为自己争取 |
[55:25] | You are something, Penelope. | 佩内洛普 你可真行 |
[55:28] | An insipid wallflower, indeed. | 你就是一朵无趣的壁花 |
[55:33] | At least I did something. | 至少我有所作为 |
[55:38] | All you ever do | 而你 |
[55:39] | is talk about doing something. | 却只知道耍嘴皮子 |
[55:42] | You’ve all these great ambitions, these great plans, | 你有那么多壮志宏图 |
[55:44] | but I am the one who did something great, and you cannot stand it, can you?! | 但我却做成了大事 这让你受不了了 是不是? |
[55:49] | And what do you think that makes you? | 这样的你又算什么? |
[55:55] | I wish never to see or speak to you again. | 我再也不想见你 也不想跟你说话 |
[56:15] | Just over there. | 这边走 |
[56:16] | The real celebrations will begin shortly. | 真正的庆祝即将开始 |
[56:24] | Well, if we do have to leave, | 如果真的要走 |
[56:25] | at least we gave a memorable farewell party. | 至少我们也办了一场 令人难忘的告别派对 |
[56:32] | I gave a memorable farewell party | 是我办了一场令人难忘的告别派对 |
[56:35] | for you. | 给你送行 |
[56:38] | I’ve instructed the maids to pack up all your things. | 我已经吩咐女佣为你打点好行李 |
[56:41] | Your essential things, at least, | 至少必需品都有了 |
[56:43] | with enough money to get you on a boat back to America | 还给你准备了足够回美国的船费 |
[56:46] | and out of our lives. | 让你滚出我们的生活 |
[56:48] | – I thought we were leaving together. – No. | -我们不是要一起走么 -不 |
[56:52] | You are leaving. Alone. | 是你自己要走 |
[56:54] | – Portia… – Never touch me again. | -波西娅… -不要再碰我 |
[57:00] | Portia, we are a team. | 波西娅 我们是伙伴 |
[57:03] | And an excellent one at that. | 而且合作默契 |
[57:05] | Oh, I already have a team. | 我已经有伴了 |
[57:07] | They are three young ladies, often nettling and contrary, | 我有我的三位小姐 她们总惹我生气 跟我对着干 |
[57:12] | but they are mine. | 但她们是我的女儿 |
[57:13] | And it is clear to me that you do not care about them at all, | 显然你根本不管她们死活 |
[57:16] | so I am sending you away with your favorite person. Yourself. | 所以 你就带上你最爱的自己走人吧 |
[57:19] | This entire scheme was as much your idea as mine. | 这整个计划可是你我一起炮制的 |
[57:24] | If not more. | 你的贡献可不比我少 |
[57:25] | Do you honestly expect anyone to believe that such a confident, well-spoken man | 你真以为大家会相信 如此自信满满、善于言辞的男人 |
[57:29] | needed a woman to help inform his plan? | 还需要女流之辈为他出谋划策? |
[57:32] | A woman who is a victim herself, | 而这个女人本身就是受害人 |
[57:34] | having invested the last dregs of her money into this very scheme. | 连最后一点积蓄都投进了这场骗局 |
[57:37] | There is a record of it, my lord. | 大人 白纸黑字的记录可留着呢 |
[57:41] | I will keep a large share of the money | 我要留下大部分的钱 |
[57:44] | to support myself and my young ladies, | 养活自己和女儿们 |
[57:47] | and I had Mrs. Varley forge a signature on a document | 我已经让瓦里夫人 在文件上伪造了签名 |
[57:51] | stating that as soon as one of my girls has a son, | 文件写着一旦我的女儿诞下子嗣 |
[57:55] | the estate shall pass to them. | 家产便归他们所有 |
[57:56] | Varley has excellent penmanship, you see. | 瓦里写字的功夫可是一流的 |
[58:00] | The ton, of course, will be infuriated to discover that you have run away | 贵族圈的人知道你辜负他们的信任 |
[58:04] | with all the money that you tricked out of their trusting hands. | 卷走了他们的钱 一定会火冒三丈 |
[58:07] | You are welcome to try to explain it to them, now that they’re all gathered… | 趁着大家都在 你可以解释一二… |
[58:10] | You are cruel. | 你可真狠 |
[58:12] | I am a mother. | 我是做母亲的 |
[58:16] | And you are not leaving any worse off than when you arrived. | 你走时的境遇也没比来时差多少 |
[58:20] | With nothing. | 同样是一无所有 |
[58:48] | Have you seen Eloise? | 你看到埃洛伊斯了吗? |
[58:50] | Eloise Bridgerton? | 埃洛伊斯布里杰顿? |
[58:58] | Penelope Featherington? | 佩内洛普费瑟灵顿? |
[58:59] | The way you were dancing with her looked rather interesting. | 你跟她跳舞的样子还挺有意思的 |
[59:02] | – You courting the girl, Bridgerton? – Ah. Are you mad? | -布里杰顿 你在追求她吗? -你疯了吗? |
[59:05] | I would never dream of courting Penelope Featherington. | 我才不会追求佩内洛普费瑟灵顿 |
[59:08] | Not in your wildest fantasies, Fife. | 费弗 你别痴人说梦了 |
[59:18] | I’ve decided to leave the Academy. | 我决定离开学院了 |
[59:20] | What? | 什么? |
[59:21] | – Whatever for? – I know about your donation, Brother. | -为什么? -哥哥 我知道你捐了钱 |
[59:25] | You were trying to help in your own misguided way, | 是你自己一厢情愿想帮忙 |
[59:28] | perhaps because you sensed the truth, which is that I’m simply not good enough. | 也许是你已经觉察到真相 我就是水平不行 |
[59:32] | Stop. You’re beginning to sound like me. | 行了 你这口气跟我很像 |
[59:33] | If you want to paint, paint. | 如果你想画 那就画 |
[59:37] | It is one of your many talents. | 这是你众多才华之一 |
[59:39] | Chief among them, your natural gift | 而最厉害的是你的直觉 |
[59:41] | for seeing what others need, even when they cannot see it themselves. | 能够洞悉他人之所需 即使对方都一无所知 |
[59:44] | It’s a gift that has taken me far too long to recognize, | 我一直以来都没注意到你的这一天赋 |
[59:47] | but I would not have done… if it were not for you. | 但多亏了你 我才走到今天 |
[59:54] | Enjoy the rest of your evening, Brother. | 哥哥 祝你今晚开心 |
[1:00:20] | Are you still planning to leave for India? | 你还是打算回印度吗? |
[1:00:23] | I have my sister’s blessing, as well as my mother’s. | 我得到了妹妹和母亲的祝福 |
[1:00:27] | And the queen herself has apparently saved our families from utter ruin. | 女王显然也挽救了 我们这个岌岌可危的家 |
[1:00:32] | You love your family dearly. | 你很爱你的家人 |
[1:00:34] | As much as you love yours. | 正如你爱你的家人一样 |
[1:00:39] | I was fearful of losing you. | 我当时很害怕失去你 |
[1:00:42] | It is why I could not visit you after your accident. | 所以你出事后 我才不敢去探望 |
[1:00:46] | I could not bring myself to… | 我没办法… |
[1:00:53] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:00:55] | I’ve loved you from the moment we raced each other in that park. | 从第一次在公园赛马 我就爱上了你 |
[1:00:58] | I’ve loved you at every dance, | 每一次共舞 |
[1:01:00] | on every walk, every time we’ve been together, | 每一次散步 跟你在一起的每时每刻 |
[1:01:02] | and every time we’ve been apart. You do not have to accept it or embrace it | 每一次与你分开 我都爱你 你不必接受 不必认可 |
[1:01:05] | or even allow it. Knowing you, you probably will not. | 甚至不必允许 我知道 你估计也不会允许 |
[1:01:07] | But you must know it, | 但你必须知道 |
[1:01:09] | in your heart. | 你心里一定知道 |
[1:01:13] | You must feel it because I do. | 你一定感受得到 因为我能感受到 |
[1:01:19] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:01:27] | – I do not know what to say. – You do not have to say anything. | -我不知该说什么 -你什么都不必说 |
[1:01:30] | I do not think there is anything else to say… | 我不知还有什么能说… |
[1:01:35] | other than I love you too. | 除了“我也爱你” |
[1:01:42] | I want a life that suits us both. | 我希望与你共度人生 |
[1:01:46] | I know I am imperfect, | 我知道自己并不完美 |
[1:01:47] | but I will humble myself before you | 但在你面前 我甘愿卑微 |
[1:01:50] | because I cannot imagine my life without you, | 因为我无法想象没有你的生活 |
[1:01:53] | and that is why I wish to marry you. | 正因如此 我才想与你结婚 |
[1:01:59] | You do know there will never be a day | 你要知道 从今往后你每一天 |
[1:02:02] | where you do not vex me. | 都会惹到我 |
[1:02:07] | Is that a promise, Kathani Sharma? | 卡沙妮莎尔玛 你说话算话? |
[1:02:18] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:02:21] | Yes, it is a promise. | 我说话算话 |
[1:02:23] | Well, then. | 如此一来 |
[1:02:26] | It seems the two of us are finally seeing eye-to-eye on something. | 你我总算有一点共识了 |
[1:02:29] | I suppose we are. | 我想是的 |
[1:02:56] | It has been said | 常言道 |
[1:02:58] | that silence can wield more power than words. | 沉默比言语更加有力 |
[1:03:03] | No one knows that better than me. | 对此 没有人比我更有体会 |
[1:03:12] | You were right about the new Lord Featherington. | 对于这位新来的费瑟灵顿大人 你的判断没有错 |
[1:03:15] | I must apologize for how I acted the other day. | 我必须为我那天的行为道歉 |
[1:03:18] | It was what I needed to do in order to gain his trust. | 只有那么做 我才能获得他的信任 |
[1:03:20] | A win I do not relish. | 我并不享受这种胜利 |
[1:03:22] | No. | 的确 |
[1:03:24] | Well, perhaps you should pour yourself something as well. | 或许你该给自己倒一杯 |
[1:03:28] | I told them this place was run by an honorable man | 我跟他们说这里的老板为人正直 |
[1:03:31] | who serves a good drink. | 卖的也是好酒 |
[1:03:33] | They demanded to come. | 大家都想来看看 |
[1:03:36] | I am in your debt now, Mr. Mondrich. | 蒙德里奇先生 我欠你一份人情 |
[1:03:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:03:43] | Roll your sleeves up, Will. | 撸起袖子吧 威尔 |
[1:03:45] | We have customers. | 客人来了 |
[1:03:51] | It is in silence where one may find truth. | 沉默中也许蕴藏着真相 |
[1:03:55] | All one has to do, I suppose… is listen for it. | 或许 你只需要…仔细倾听 |
[1:04:28] | I know there will always be times when silence is necessary. | 我知道 有时沉默是必要的 |
[1:04:35] | And, of course, times when it is not. | 当然 有时也并非如此 |
[1:04:53] | Gentle reader, you thought I was silenced, | 亲爱的读者 如果你以为 我会就此沉默 |
[1:04:58] | but you thought wrong. | 那么你错了 |
[1:05:00] | And if there is one thing you should know by now, | 事到如今 各位至少应该清楚一点 |
[1:05:03] | it is that this author cannot keep quiet for long. | 笔者绝不会长久沉默 |
[1:05:08] | Yours truly, | 您真诚的 |
[1:05:11] | Lady Whistledown. | 维斯道恩女士 |
[1:05:27] | Mmm. | |
[1:05:30] | Viscountess. | 子爵夫人 |
[1:05:32] | You seem to have outdone yourself today. | 你今天的表现真是出乎预料 |
[1:05:36] | You do know my duties are particularly important to me. | 你也知道 |
[1:05:40] | Perhaps you’d like to go again. | 我对分内之事尤其认真 也许你可以再来一次 |
[1:05:43] | Seeing as you are so very | 谁让你如此 |
[1:05:46] | dutiful. | 尽责 |
[1:05:47] | Mmm. | |
[1:05:51] | Well, what would be dutiful | 要想尽责 |
[1:05:55] | is meeting your family outside before they realize we are ignoring them. | 就应该出去见你的家人 |
[1:06:05] | Mmm. | 免得让大家干等 |
[1:06:16] | – Oh! – Yes! Look at you! | 还被抓到 哎呀!瞧瞧他! |
[1:06:18] | – Yes! You’re walking. – Ooh! | 就是 你会走啦 |
[1:06:20] | Away traveling for six months. | 出去旅行了六个月 |
[1:06:22] | Now they take six hours coming down the stairs. | 现在连下个楼都要六个钟头 |
[1:06:24] | Six is nothing when you are a newlywed. | 如果是新婚 这根本算不了什么 |
[1:06:26] | Ah! Here they are. | 他们来了 |
[1:06:28] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[1:06:30] | And not a moment too soon. | 总算来了 |
[1:06:33] | Perhaps we may begin playing? | 现在总可以开赛了吧? |
[1:06:35] | Hoping to get your inevitable defeat over with, Brother? | 老弟 你是想早输早完事? |
[1:06:38] | Right, we’ve all picked, but left the mallet of death. | 好了 我们都选好了 留下了死亡球棍 |
[1:06:41] | – Oh, for me! – For me! | -给我! -给我! |
[1:06:44] | – Never mind. – Probably keep to pink, Anthony. | -无所谓 -安东尼 你就拿粉的吧 |
[1:06:47] | I rather think it will match the shade of your embarrassment when you use it. | 跟你丢脸时的面色还挺相配的 |
[1:06:50] | Now, who is to begin? | -好了 |
[1:06:51] | Newton! | 谁先开始? -牛顿! |
[1:06:54] | I suppose he is. | 应该是他 |
[1:06:55] | – Newton! | – Newton! -牛顿! -牛顿! |
[1:06:56] | I presume that means the game has finally started, then. | 看来比赛终于开始咯 |
[1:06:59] | – You do know that was your turn he took. – It absolutely was not. | -要知道他可是抢了你的机会 -才不是呢 |
[1:07:02] | – He is your dog. – And yours through marriage. | -他可是你的狗 -结了婚也是你的 |
[1:07:04] | I do not recall ever making such an agreement. | 我可不记得做过这种约定 |
[1:07:07] | Well, that is between you and him. | 这是你和他之间的事 |
[1:07:09] | He does not listen to me. | 他又不听我的 |
[1:07:11] | You believe I do? | 你觉得我会听吗? |
[1:07:17] | I suppose that means they are cutting out. | 看来他们俩是主动退出了 |
[1:07:19] | – No! We’re not cutting out! – No, not a chance! | -不!我们没退出! -绝对没有! |
[1:07:22] | Unless we want to take this opportunity to return upstairs? | 除非我们借此机会返回楼上? |
[1:07:25] | And admit defeat? | 从而就此认输? |
[1:07:28] | Never. | 绝对不会 (纪念卡萝尔普伦蒂斯) |