时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | A jilted groom. | 一个被抛弃的新郎 |
[00:23] | A broken-hearted bride-to-be. | 一位心碎的准新娘 |
[00:29] | A royal wedding in shambles. | 一场乱作一团的皇家婚礼 |
[00:32] | Sensational? Quite. | 博人眼球?的确 |
[00:35] | But true? | 但果真如此? |
[00:38] | This author may traffic in chatter and speculation, dear reader, | 亲爱的读者 笔者或许会 散传闲言与猜测 |
[00:44] | but misinformation? | 但要说我误报? (维斯道恩女士的社交八卦小报) |
[00:48] | Never. | 绝对不会 |
[00:51] | Explanations of why Miss Edwina absconded from the altar | 埃德温娜小姐从婚礼祭坛逃跑 |
[00:56] | may be greater in number than anyone could possibly fathom. | 个中缘由兴许比人们所想的 要复杂许多 |
[01:00] | But we must not forget, it was Her Majesty the Queen | 但我们可不要忘记 正是女王陛下 |
[01:04] | who placed the young miss on that special stage | 将这位年轻小姐 推上了这个特殊的舞台 |
[01:08] | so that she could make her grand exit. | 好让她华丽退场 |
[01:13] | Allow this author to hope… | 笔者斗胆希望… |
[01:15] | My carriage. | 备马车 |
[01:17] | …for Her Majesty’s sake, | …为了女王殿下 |
[01:19] | as well as both the Sharmas and Bridgertons, | 也为莎尔玛与布里杰顿家族着想 |
[01:23] | that an official explanation emerges swiftly, | 针对此事的正式说法可以尽快给出 |
[01:27] | lest the ton are run away by their tawdry imaginings. | 免得上流贵族们 被自己庸俗的想象左右 |
[02:10] | Miss? The baths are ready. | 小姐?可以沐浴了 |
[02:33] | I’m finished. | 我洗好了 |
[02:57] | You should try the lily soap today. | 你今天应该试试百合皂 |
[03:01] | It is good for the nerves. | 对宁神有好处 |
[03:34] | Where is your brother? He should be here by now. | 你哥哥在哪里?他早该到了 |
[03:37] | Perhaps he is still waiting at the altar for Miss Edwina. | 也许他还在圣坛等埃德温娜小姐 |
[03:40] | There will be no mockery today. | 今天谁也不许开玩笑 |
[03:41] | She mocks me incessantly. | 她老是笑话我 |
[03:43] | Are we not overlooking the benefit of this… tragedy? | 我们就不能看看这…不幸之事 里面的好处吗? |
[03:46] | – Leftover cake? – You wonder why I mock you? | -蛋糕有剩? -就这还嫌我笑话你? |
[03:48] | Brother! How good of you to join us. | 哥哥!你能加入我们真是太好了 |
[03:51] | – Have you all eaten? – You will need to break your fast later. | 你们都吃过了吗? |
[03:53] | For now, it is of the utmost importance that we act swiftly to | 你的早餐迟点再吃 现在的当务之急 |
[03:58] | limit the damaging consequences | 是我们迅速行动 降低后果伤害 |
[04:00] | of the unfortunate events of your… | 很不幸 因为你… |
[04:02] | Bungled nuptials? | 婚没结成? |
[04:03] | Is all of this truly happening because a woman merely changed her mind? | 这么大的阵仗 难道就因为人家姑娘改主意了? |
[04:07] | Unfortunately so, Eloise. Yet, I suppose the reason does not signify. | 很无奈 埃洛伊斯 |
[04:10] | We simply must deal with the consequences. | 的确如此 我想原因已经不重要 我们只需要处理后果 |
[04:12] | Now, I think it a pleasant morning for promenade. | 今早风和日丽 要我说很适合散步 |
[04:17] | Together, united, as the most respectable family that we still very much are. | 全家人 齐齐整整 保持我们一贯的体面 |
[04:22] | Respectable? | 体面? |
[04:25] | A respectable family is headed by a gentleman, is it not? | 一个体面的家族应该由绅士引领 不是吗? |
[04:29] | Brother… Is there something more we should know? | 哥哥 是不是还有其他事需要我们知道? |
[04:32] | Or, perhaps, more than just I should know? | 或者说 只需要我知道? |
[04:37] | Forgive me. | 请原谅 |
[04:39] | If a promenade is what you feel is wise, Mother, | 母亲 如果您认为散步是明智之举 |
[04:42] | then we shall leave within the hour. | 那我们应该在一小时内出发 |
[04:44] | I shall be a little late. Shopping. | 我晚点再去 要买点东西 |
[04:47] | I need a new pair of gloves, | 我需要一双新手套 |
[04:49] | so as to look that much more united and respectable. | 这样才更显得齐整体面 |
[05:01] | Oh, never mind the heavy cloaks. | 厚斗篷就别拿了 |
[05:03] | I will be quite sweltering where we are going shopping | 一会儿进城买东西 |
[05:07] | in town. | 我肯定大汗淋漓 |
[05:19] | Miss Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿小姐 |
[05:32] | Straight into the fire. | 直面火海 |
[05:34] | A favorite pastime of mine. | 这是我最爱的消遣 |
[05:36] | Now, remember, it was a mutual understanding | 记住 双方已经达成了谅解 |
[05:39] | about a private matter between Miss Edwina and the viscount. | 这是埃德温娜小姐和子爵之间的私事 |
[05:43] | That is all we are to say on the subject. | 关于此事 其他无需多说 |
[05:47] | Good day, Lord Fife. | 费弗大人 你好 |
[05:48] | For some of us. | 我们是挺好的 |
[05:51] | Is this truly our plan? Simply to pretend nothing has happened? | 这真的就是我们的计划吗? 索性假装什么都没发生? |
[05:55] | We are not pretending nothing has happened. | 我们不是假装什么都没发生 |
[05:57] | We are choosing to deal with it in private, in our own time. | 而是选择依照自己的步调私下处理 |
[06:01] | Scandals may cast aspersions, | 丑闻也许会招致中伤 |
[06:02] | but they do not obligate us to answer to anyone. | 可即便如此 我们也没有义务 对任何人做出解释 |
[06:05] | Besides, the ton has a remarkably short memory. | 再说了 贵族圈的忘性大得很 |
[06:08] | With any luck, by this time next week, | 如果运气好 过上一个星期 |
[06:10] | there will be a bigger story for them to sink their rapacious teeth into. | 肯定还会有更大的丑闻让他们咬 |
[06:13] | We may find you a husband this season still, Miss Edwina. | 埃德温娜小姐 本季你依然有望觅得夫婿 |
[06:18] | I give credit to your imagination, Lady Danbury. | 丹伯里女士 您的想象力实属难得 |
[06:20] | A bigger story I cannot foresee. | 可我实在无法预见 |
[06:37] | Hmm. Don’t look. | 还能有何种更大的丑闻 |
[06:45] | Miss Patridge. Such a pleasant afternoon, is it not? | 帕特里奇小姐 这真是个惬意的下午 不是吗? |
[06:48] | Yes, indeed, my lord. | 的确如此 大人 |
[06:49] | My dear, I believe we will be late for the Gorings. Make haste. | 亲爱的 与戈灵家的会面要迟到了 咱们得快点 |
[07:09] | Is this not a surprise, | 真是没想到 |
[07:11] | to see you out in public, Lady Bridgerton, so soon? | 布里杰顿夫人 您居然这么快就抛头露面了? |
[07:14] | Lady Featherington, it is not as though we are in mourning. | 费瑟灵顿夫人 我们家又没服丧 |
[07:16] | No one understands the pain of a broken engagement better than myself. | 我自己对婚约破裂之苦可是深有体会 |
[07:20] | I never thought we would recover | 布里奇顿先生和汤普森小姐分手后 |
[07:22] | after Mr. Bridgerton and Miss Thompson’s falling out, | 我还以为这辈子再也翻不了身了 |
[07:25] | and yet here we are. | 可再看看如今 |
[07:27] | Miss Thompson now Lady Crane, | 汤普森小姐如今成了克雷恩夫人 |
[07:29] | Philippa now Mrs. Finch, and Prudence now engaged. | 菲利帕现已成为芬奇夫人 而普鲁登斯也订婚了 |
[07:32] | Yes. It is rather amusing how things work themselves out, is it not? | 没错 世事难料 不是吗? |
[07:37] | Indeed. I do wish you good fortune with all of your things, Lady Bridgerton. | 的确 布里杰顿夫人 我祝你一切顺利 |
[07:47] | We are truly sorry, Lady Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿夫人 我们非常遗憾 |
[07:50] | Come along, Penelope. We don’t want to talk their ears off. | 快走 佩内洛普 人家都快听烦了 (英王御驾) |
[08:08] | It’s a beautiful carriage, Your Majesty. | 女王陛下 您的马车真漂亮 |
[08:12] | Your horses must be strong to pull all of this gold. | 您的马一定十分强壮 能拉得动这么多金子 |
[08:14] | What were you doing visiting that printer shop | 你哥哥那所谓的婚礼期间 |
[08:17] | in the middle of your brother’s so-called wedding? | 你跑去印刷坊做什么? |
[08:21] | – Oh. – I know it is you. | 我知道就是你 |
[08:23] | Lady Whistledown herself. | 维斯道恩女士本人 |
[08:26] | Oh, Your Majesty… | 女王陛下… |
[08:27] | Your denial shall only enhance your punishment. | 否认只会增加对你的重罚 |
[08:31] | You were quite clever, Miss Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿小姐 你挺聪明啊 |
[08:33] | Why, just last season, I recruited you to uncover the writer’s identity, | 就在上个社交季 我还派你 |
[08:37] | and you, rather conveniently, | 去调查这位作者的身份 而你 |
[08:39] | found not one credible suspect. | 偏偏连一个可信的嫌疑人也没找到 |
[08:41] | I am not clever enough to manipulate Your Majesty. | 我可没那么聪明 能操纵得了陛下您 |
[08:44] | Is it not curious that you are so rarely mentioned in those pages? | 可小报中一直对你鲜有提及 这难道不蹊跷吗? |
[08:48] | I also hear you have a great distaste for society, | 我还听说你对社交颇为反感 |
[08:51] | just as the writer herself does. | 正如同作者本人 |
[08:54] | You do realize the power you wield in that pen of yours can be used | 你肯定清楚 比起成日揶揄奚落 兜售些流言蜚语 |
[08:57] | for greater purposes than ridicule and gossip-mongering, yes? | 你那杆笔本能有更大作为吧? |
[09:02] | Lady Whistledown could be a strategic ally to the Crown, | 维斯道恩女士或许能成为 皇室的战略盟友 |
[09:06] | should she so please. | 当然 如果她真有此意 |
[09:08] | And I would gladly help, ma’am, but I wield no such power, I assure you. | 夫人 我乐意为您效力 但我确实没有这种能耐 |
[09:13] | So, | 那么 |
[09:14] | you would rather be my rival? | 你宁可与我为敌咯? |
[09:17] | Have you any idea what will happen once I reveal this secret of yours, child? | 孩子 你知不知道 如果 我抖落出你的秘密 结果会怎样? |
[09:22] | People will seek their revenge. | 有人会伺机报仇 |
[09:25] | However bad your family’s situation seems to you now, | 无论你家现在处于何种困境 |
[09:30] | it will only get worse. | 往后只会更加糟糕 |
[09:32] | I might be able to solve that problem. | 我也许能解决这个问题 |
[09:37] | I shall give you three days | 我给你三天时间 |
[09:40] | to consider my proposal and come to your senses. | 考虑一下我的建议 尽早醒悟 |
[09:43] | If you do not, | 如若不然 |
[09:45] | then I will deploy my resources to crush you like a serpent. | 我将动用手段 把你碾个稀烂 |
[09:52] | Pride may not be as precious to you as your breath. | 傲气应该没有小命重要吧 |
[10:07] | Lady Cowper. | 考珀夫人 |
[10:14] | Lady Eaton. | 伊顿夫人 |
[10:19] | Oh, Lord Hall. | 霍尔夫人 |
[10:23] | Lord Cho. | 赵大人 |
[10:42] | After everything that happened with his scullery maid last season, | 上个社交季跟女帮厨闹出那种事 |
[10:46] | and Lord Cho cuts me? | 赵大人居然还敢无视我? |
[10:48] | We know what we are to deal with, at least. | 至少我们知道了目前的状况 |
[10:50] | We shall not remove ourselves from this fight. | 我们不能退而避战 |
[10:53] | All will be lost if we run now. | 如果现在逃跑 全盘皆输 |
[10:55] | I should like to remove myself from this room. | 我倒是想从这房间退避一阵 |
[10:59] | Every day that goes by | 我们一天不去改观 |
[11:01] | without our altering the ton-shared sentiment will harden it. | 就愈发做实了上流社会对我们的鄙夷 |
[11:05] | Perhaps we need another story as to why things ended. | 或许我们需要另辟蹊径 把故事说圆 |
[11:08] | We have already started to tell one. We cannot change course now. | 故事已经开了头了 不能半路转向 |
[11:12] | If we cannot speak about the reasons, | 如果原因不能提 |
[11:13] | might we at least act as though they are of no consequence to us? | 是不是至少应该拿出无所谓的姿态? |
[11:18] | A ball. | 办场舞会 |
[11:19] | Yes. Together. We prove to the ton that our story is true. | 就是 大家一起向贵族圈证明 这件事确实如此 |
[11:23] | It was indeed a mutual decision between all interested parties, | 各方皆达成了共识 |
[11:26] | and there is no scandal or ill will between our families at all. | 家族之间并无丑闻和恩怨 |
[11:29] | Hmm. | |
[11:32] | A ball would give Edwina another chance to find a suitor. | 舞会上埃德温娜还有机会结识追求者 |
[11:35] | Another ball? | 又一场舞会? |
[11:37] | So that the ton might inspect this wreckage with an even closer eye? | 好让上流贵族们 近距离观瞧我们的惨状? |
[11:44] | A ball may very well work. | 舞会兴许真的有用 |
[11:47] | After all, the viscount and my sister have been so good | 毕竟子爵大人和我姐姐 |
[11:50] | at hiding their true feelings from everyone in public this far. | 如此擅长掩饰真情实感 长久以来都没人察觉 |
[11:54] | It should not trouble them to do the same a little longer. | 想必二位多坚持几天也不在话下 |
[11:56] | Edwina… | 埃德温娜… |
[12:00] | Ugh, Newton. | 牛顿 |
[12:03] | Oh, Newton. My apologies. | 很抱歉 |
[12:06] | Newton, out. Out. Newton, out. | 牛顿 快出去 |
[12:17] | Was I truly that blind? | 难道我真的那么瞎吗? |
[12:21] | Were they always this obvious? | 他们一直都这么明显吗? |
[12:23] | If this plan is to work… | 如果想让计划奏效… |
[12:25] | I suggest the two of you stay on opposite sides of the room at all times. | 我建议你们两个 时刻拉开距离 |
[12:29] | Lady Danbury! | -丹伯里女士! |
[12:30] | All we need would be for someone to witness something untoward… | -稍有不慎 便会落人把柄… |
[12:33] | I beg your pardon, Lady Danbury. I do not know what you mean to say. | 抱歉 丹伯里女士 但我不明白您的意思 |
[12:37] | What she means to say, is that those of us in this room | 她的意思是 |
[12:39] | at present are the only ones who know the full truth of the matter. | 只有现在房间里的诸位 知晓实情 |
[12:42] | And we would prefer to keep it that way. | 而我们也希望以后依旧如此 |
[12:45] | As should you. | 你也应该这样 |
[12:47] | If there is so much as a passing look between the two of you, | 哪怕你们两个只是眉目传情 |
[12:50] | then this plan of ours will be for nothing. | 我们的计划就会付诸东流 |
[12:54] | Are we all in agreement? | 大家是否同意? |
[12:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:00] | Quite, Lady Danbury. | 非常同意 丹伯里女士 |
[13:18] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[13:21] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[13:25] | Is this plan going to be a problem for you? | 对于这个计划 你有顾虑吗? |
[13:27] | Mother… | 母亲… |
[13:28] | I ask because of what happened the last time you found yourself | 我问是因为上一次你与莎尔玛大小姐 |
[13:31] | in such close proximity to Miss Sharma. | 离得太近 结果出了事 |
[13:34] | We’d not be in this situation if… | 我们本不该陷入这种困境 要是… |
[13:36] | You have nothing to worry about. I will play the part. | 您无需担心 我会把角色演好的 |
[13:43] | And then? | 然后呢? |
[13:49] | This plan… | 这个计划… |
[13:51] | Well, it is a temporary solution. | 不过是为今之计 |
[13:56] | If it is successful, of course, the rumors of scandal will die. | 如果成功的话 丑闻的谣言自会消失 |
[13:59] | Yet, no matter what, it still leaves you with no one to marry. | 但不管怎样 你依然没有结婚对象 |
[14:04] | Unless your designs for the season have changed? | 除非你本季计划有变? |
[14:06] | You do realize it is still possible for our family to endure | 您想必知道 不管我结婚与否 |
[14:09] | whether I decide to marry or not? This line does not end with me. | 我们家依然能长久延续 不会因为我绝后的 对吧? |
[14:13] | No. No, it does not, but… | 对对 不会的 可是… |
[14:15] | Are you to rely on your brothers as your solution? | 那你是打算依靠弟弟们? |
[14:17] | Do you need me to admit I made a mistake? Is that what you want? | 这就是您所希望的吗? 要我承认自己犯了错? |
[14:21] | To tell you I never should’ve asked Miss Edwina for her hand? | 承认我不该向埃德温娜小姐求婚? |
[14:23] | That I never should’ve taken things this far? I realize. | 承认我不该闹到今天这种地步? 我很清楚 |
[14:28] | I realize I have indeed failed | 我清楚自己失败了 |
[14:31] | at more things than you and Father will ever know. | 而我的失败之处 比您和父亲所知的还要多 |
[14:36] | This plan will work. | 这个计划会成功的 |
[14:37] | I am… quite certain both you and Lady Danbury will make sure of it. | 我…非常确定您和丹伯里女士 一定会确保计划成功 |
[15:06] | You saved them all? | 你全都留着? |
[15:09] | You must have, what, every issue ever printed. | 看样子你每期必收啊 |
[15:12] | Double that. There are two copies here of every one. | 翻一倍呢 每期都有两份 |
[15:15] | – Eloise, why ever… – The queen thinks it is me. | -埃洛伊斯 为什么… -女王以为是我 |
[15:18] | – That I am Lady Whistledown. – Are you being humorous? | -说我是维斯道恩女士 -你在开玩笑吗? |
[15:21] | She has given me three days to confess. She is threatening my family, Pen. | 她给我三天时间考虑 要我坦白 佩恩 她威胁要对我家不利 |
[15:26] | I should get rid of these. If the queen discovers I have all of these, | 我得把这些小报处理掉 要是被女王发现我手上有这些 |
[15:29] | it will only make me appear that much more guilty. | 那只会越抹越黑 |
[15:31] | But you are not guilty. El, this is a terrible mistake. | 但你是清白的 小埃 他们完全搞错了 |
[15:35] | We will somehow arrange to see Her Majesty. | 我们必须想办法觐见女王陛下 |
[15:37] | We must implore her to listen to reason. | 恳请她理性定夺 |
[15:39] | Oh yes, because Her Majesty has always been so reasonable. | 说得好像女王陛下平时就讲道理似的 |
[15:41] | But why would the queen think it is you? | 可她为什么觉得是你? |
[15:44] | Yes, you are outspoken and opinionated and… | 的确 你直言不讳 固执己见 而且… |
[15:47] | One of her footmen saw me visiting Theo. | 一名女王的侍从看到我去找西奥 |
[15:51] | I know. I should have listened to you. | 我知道本该听你的 |
[15:54] | I was selfish, and now I may have even put Theo into harm’s way too. | 是我太自私 现在可能还连累了西奥 |
[15:57] | The queen must think he has something to do with Whistledown. | 女王肯定觉得他与此事有关 |
[16:00] | But he does not, and neither have you. El, this is madness. | 跟他没关系 跟你也没关系 小埃 这也太离谱了 |
[16:02] | – I should warn him. – No. No, you should not. | -我得提醒他 -不 不行 |
[16:05] | You should stay as far away from Theo and that print shop as you can. | 你千万别去找西奥 远离印刷坊 |
[16:09] | You should wait for Lady Whistledown to print her next issue. | 等维斯道恩女士出下一期小报 |
[16:13] | Then, with any luck, you can use that in order to prove your innocence. | 如果走运的话 你可以利用它证明自己的清白 (女装店) |
[16:38] | I must speak with Madame Delacroix. | 我有要事找德拉克洛瓦夫人 |
[16:41] | – You should not be here. – It is urgent. Please. | -你不该来这儿 -十万火急 拜托您 |
[16:53] | Her Majesty the Queen is now involved? | 现在连女王陛下也介入了? |
[16:56] | She always has been, I suppose. | 可能她从未置身事外 |
[16:58] | I gather she has felt threatened by Whistledown for quite some time. | 想必是她对维斯道恩怨恨已久 |
[17:01] | I have questioned Her Majesty’s taste, challenged her judgment. | 我质疑女王的品味和判断 |
[17:05] | That was not part of our agreement. | 我们当初可不是这样约定的 |
[17:08] | Our businesses both reaped substantial rewards. | 我们二人都从这笔交易中 获取了丰厚的回报 |
[17:11] | You understood our arrangement came with risks. | 您也清楚这其中会有风险 |
[17:14] | Yes, but that did not involve the Queen of England. | 没错 但并不包括惊动英国女王 |
[17:24] | I was hoping you would’ve heard something in your shop. | 我本想着 或许你在店里 能听到些消息 |
[17:27] | Something to satisfy Her Majesty. A way to give her what she clearly wants. | 可以顺了女王的心意 满足她的欲望 |
[17:30] | Admiration, favor, praise. | 崇敬、偏爱、赞美 |
[17:33] | Uh, you are to tell me you could not think of something yourself? | 也就是说 你自己也想不出办法? |
[17:38] | I do not know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[17:41] | My best friend is in trouble because of me, and | 我最好的朋友因为我深陷困境 而且… |
[17:44] | I do not know what to do. | 我不知该怎么办 |
[17:47] | You could turn yourself in. | 你可以自己招认 |
[17:49] | Take Miss Eloise’s place. | 让埃洛伊斯小姐脱罪 |
[17:52] | Only, Her Majesty would need to believe you, of course. | 当然 前提是让女王相信你 |
[17:54] | Well, I cannot be certain she would. | 我没有十足的把握 |
[17:57] | Her Majesty would merely dismiss me as a friend trying to help a friend. | 女王陛下可能只当我救友心切 |
[18:00] | That’s if she would even see me at all. | 更何况她还不一定召见我呢 |
[18:13] | They are quite beautiful. | 这些设计草图 |
[18:14] | Hmm. | |
[18:15] | – Your designs. – Ah. | 真漂亮 |
[18:18] | I was hoping to submit them | 我本想把这些设计 |
[18:19] | to a revered house of dressmakers in France. | 送交到法国某间有威望的制衣店 |
[18:24] | Take my business to a higher rank. | 把生意做得更高级 |
[18:27] | Though, now I may be aiding and abetting | 而现在却可能 |
[18:29] | the most notorious gossip writer in London. | 成了伦敦最声名狼藉的 八卦作者的协从 |
[18:35] | I will ensure your name remains unsullied. | 我不会让你受牵连的 |
[18:39] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[18:44] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[18:46] | I am sorry I disturbed you. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[18:54] | The one thing a lady would never do | 佩内洛普小姐 任何一位淑女都绝不会做的事 |
[18:58] | is wear something she knows makes her look ugly, Miss Penelope. | 就是穿让自己显丑的衣服 |
[19:02] | Were you to write something about Miss Eloise | 如果你写一些埃洛伊斯小姐 |
[19:04] | she would never write about herself. | 永远也不会自曝的事情 |
[19:07] | Well, | 这样一来 |
[19:09] | I do not need to tell you what that might make the queen believe. | 女王会如何判断 就不言而喻了 |
[19:13] | I could never do that. | 我做不到 |
[19:15] | I could never ruin my friend. | 我不能毁了自己的朋友 |
[19:19] | Of course not. | 当然 |
[19:24] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:03] | Brother. I did not know you’d be stopping by tonight. | 哥哥 真没想到你今晚会来 |
[20:06] | Neither did I. | 我也没想到 |
[20:08] | The Royal Schools seem to be providing | 皇家学院的教育 |
[20:09] | a different sort of education than what I had pictured. | 有点出我所料 |
[20:12] | Or perhaps, exactly as I had pictured. | 或者应该说 完全不出我所料 |
[20:14] | Can I… Can I get you a drink? | 要不要给你弄杯喝的? |
[20:15] | Is there somewhere we can go that is quieter? | 有没有个安静点的地方? |
[20:19] | It is a party, Brother. | 哥哥 这可是派对 |
[20:22] | It is something. | 难说 |
[20:26] | Do you do this every night? | 你每晚就干这个? |
[20:29] | Did you come to admonish me? | 你是来教训我的吗? |
[20:31] | I only mean to say you may be a second son, Brother, | 我只想说 老弟 你是次子不假 |
[20:35] | but that does not exempt you from familial duty altogether. | 但次子也有家庭责任 |
[20:38] | It merely makes you second. | 只不过第二个才轮到你 |
[20:41] | Does this have to do with whatever is truly going on with you and the Sharmas? | 你这么激动 莫非是因为 你和莎尔玛家的事? |
[20:45] | Particularly the eldest? | 尤其是莎尔玛大小姐? |
[20:46] | Mother is not the only one who sees the way you look at her. | 你看她的眼神 并不是只有母亲看在眼里 |
[20:50] | How long do you plan on punishing yourself for, | 如今陷入这等悲惨境地 |
[20:53] | and wallowing in such misery? | 你究竟还要自我惩罚到何时? |
[20:56] | Forget I came. Have a good night, Benedict. | 算我白来 祝你今晚愉快 本尼迪克特 |
[20:58] | Look, no. Things may seem bleak now, Brother. | 别这样 哥哥 眼下或许是一片暗淡 |
[21:02] | But if I’m learning anything from my art studies, | 但要说我在艺术研究中学到了什么 |
[21:04] | it’s that it is almost always a matter of… perspective. | 那就是很多事都要看…角度 |
[21:09] | I look at my art, | 我看着自己创造的艺术 |
[21:12] | and if I do not like what I see, | 如果不喜欢 |
[21:15] | I may always alter the color palette, | 我也许会经常改换颜色 |
[21:17] | but I certainly do not toss the entire design aside. | 但绝对不会把整幅作品抛弃 |
[21:21] | Perhaps you, too, could do the same in your own life. | 也许你可以在生活中也能够如此 |
[21:26] | Back to taking the tea, are we? | 又是迷魂茶喝晕了吧? |
[21:30] | At least just shave, will you? | 至少刮刮胡子 好吗? |
[22:01] | – Lady Danbury. – Hmm. | 丹伯里女士 |
[22:03] | – Lady Mary. – Thank you. | 玛丽夫人 |
[22:05] | Miss Sharma. | 莎尔玛大小姐 |
[22:10] | Miss Edwina, I… | 埃德温娜小姐 我… |
[22:19] | How thoughtful of you, Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 你太周到了 |
[22:21] | Now, remember, before we are to send out our invitations, | 好了 记住 向各方发出邀请之前 |
[22:24] | we must appear to be enjoying each other’s company. | 我们必须做出和睦相处的样子 |
[22:28] | Shall we? | 走吧? |
[23:23] | Do not be deterred. | 别怕他们 |
[23:25] | If we can put the wedding behind us, so can they. | 婚礼的事情如果我们看得开 那么他们也应如此 |
[23:43] | You must forgive me, Lady Mary. | 玛丽夫人 我必须恳求您的原谅 |
[23:46] | I have yet formally to apologize. | 我还没有正式向您道歉 |
[23:48] | It is not exactly a surprise. | 这倒也不出奇 |
[23:50] | Men often take time to realize their culpability in such matters. | 在这种事情上 男人从不着急知错 |
[23:54] | It is quite the privilege, is it not? | 这可是了不起的特权 不是吗? |
[24:00] | You have every reason to scorn me. | 您再怎么奚落我都是应该的 |
[24:02] | But I would be very much remiss | 但有些话如果我不跟您说 |
[24:04] | if I did not tell you it was not my intention ever | 又实在过意不去 如今我已然意识到 |
[24:07] | to cause your family as much strife as I now know I have done. | 是我造成您家中诸多不睦 但这绝非我的本意 |
[24:12] | In truth, I cannot place blame entirely at your door, Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 事实上 这件事不能完全归咎于你 |
[24:17] | I myself have been absent for far too long. | 我自己长久以来也多有疏忽 |
[24:20] | When my husband died, it should’ve been me taking on my family’s burden, | 丈夫去世后 理应挑起家中重担的人 |
[24:24] | not Kate. | 是我 而不是凯特 |
[24:26] | She sacrificed far too much for us, indeed. | 她已为我们牺牲了太多 |
[24:30] | Lady Hood. How good to see you today. | 胡德夫人 很高兴今天见到你 |
[24:33] | And you, Lady Mary. | 玛丽夫人 我也很高兴见到你 |
[24:35] | And Lord Bridgerton too. | 还有布里杰顿大人 |
[24:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:13] | Mr. Mondrich. | 蒙德里奇先生 |
[25:15] | Featherington. | 费瑟灵顿 |
[25:17] | I’ll, uh, take a brandy. | 我要一杯白兰地 |
[25:24] | Um, not exactly the kind of welcome I was expecting. | 我还以为自己会受到热情接待呢 |
[25:29] | Forgive me, my lord? | 大人 你是指? |
[25:30] | I was hoping for the owner of this fine establishment to regale me | 我原以为如此雅致场所的主人 |
[25:33] | with many stories, indeed. | 会奉上各种奇闻轶事愉悦客人呢 |
[25:35] | Of his boxing days, perhaps? | 兴许可以讲讲他的拳击岁月? |
[25:36] | Truth be told, I never really enjoyed the sport myself. | 实不相瞒 我从未 真正享受过拳击运动 |
[25:39] | Boxing is not for all to enjoy. | 拳击并非人人都欣赏得来 |
[25:42] | It requires a strong stomach and an even stronger jaw. | 需要强壮的神经和更加强壮的下巴 |
[25:45] | Hmm. | |
[25:47] | A rather interesting assertion. | 这话很有意思 |
[25:49] | My cousin had neither, but Lord Featherington, | 我的表哥这两样都没有 但我听说费瑟灵顿大人 |
[25:52] | may God rest his soul, | 可是对你钦佩有加 |
[25:54] | was quite an admirer of yours, I’ve heard. | 愿他安息 |
[25:57] | I am honored. Though his regard was unknown to me. | 我很荣幸 不过我对他的看法一无所知 |
[26:01] | Surely, your paths must have crossed. He attended many bouts. | 你们肯定有过交集 他多次到场观战 |
[26:04] | Yes, well, I likely was preoccupied with the fight at hand. | 的确 不过那时的我可能忙于备战 |
[26:09] | It is dangerous to become distracted in the ring. | 擂台上走神可是很危险的 |
[26:12] | Of course. Dangerous in your occupation. | 当然 在你们这行确实很危险 |
[26:15] | But my cousin did keep meticulous records of all debts, and | 但我表哥却详尽记录了所有的债目 |
[26:21] | wagers. | 以及赌注 |
[26:24] | I just came across a rather significant one myself. | 我最近就留意到其中一笔巨额赌注 |
[26:29] | I do not wish to defend myself against baseless accusations, my lord. | 大人 我无意基于毫无根据的指控 为自己辩护 |
[26:34] | And I do not wish you to do so. | 这也不是我的意图 |
[26:36] | I respect a self-made man, | 我尊敬白手起家的人 |
[26:38] | no matter what means he uses to make himself. | 无论他们使用何种手段 |
[26:41] | I will ask no more questions of you than you ask of me. | 你不多问 我也不多问 |
[26:44] | Baseless accusations, I cannot imagine, | 毫无根据的指控对你、 |
[26:46] | would be good for either of our businesses. | 对我的生意都不利 |
[26:48] | And, from the looks of it, | 而且 瞧你这生意的光景 |
[26:51] | you might need all the help you can get with yours. | 伸援手者应该是多多益善 |
[27:05] | Master printer’s gone for the day. | 印刷工长今天不在 |
[27:08] | You’ll have to come back. | 过两天再来吧 |
[27:10] | It is not printing I wish to solicit. | 我来不为印刷 |
[27:15] | Are you mad? | 你疯了吗? |
[27:16] | What? | |
[27:19] | What? | |
[27:21] | Not even a little excited to see me, then? | 见到我你一丁点都不高兴吗? |
[27:23] | People from the palace have been asking about me. | 王宫的人最近一直打探我的消息 |
[27:26] | I was almost thrown out today. | 我今天差点被赶走 |
[27:28] | Yes. I think that may be my fault. | 好吧 这可能是我的错 |
[27:31] | The queen, she… she saw me visiting you the other day | 女王那天看到我来找你 |
[27:34] | and now believes me to be Lady Whistledown herself. | 现在她怀疑我就是维斯道恩女士 |
[27:36] | Ridiculous, yes? | 太可笑了 对吧? |
[27:38] | What is ridiculous is the fact | 可笑的是 |
[27:40] | that you thought it wise to come back here again. | 你居然还敢来这儿 |
[27:43] | Come for more books, did you? | 又来找书了吧? |
[27:46] | What? | 什么? |
[27:47] | No. I came to make sure you were all right, | 不对 我是想确认你平安无事 |
[27:51] | to get our story straight. | 把我们的故事串好 |
[27:53] | Our story? | 我们的故事? |
[27:58] | This is not the least bit surprising. | 这真是一点也不意外 |
[28:01] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这话什么意思? |
[28:02] | That you are a lady who’s never had to endure any real difficulties in your life. | 意思是你是个淑女 从未品尝过真正的艰辛 |
[28:06] | You may have the protection of your family, | 你有你的家族、圈子保护 |
[28:09] | of your society, but I’m… | 可是我呢… |
[28:13] | I do not. | 我没有 |
[28:15] | You took your pleasure from low life, Miss Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿小姐 你来下层是找乐子 |
[28:18] | Now I think it best you return to Mayfair before you get me into any more trouble. | 依我看 你现在最好回你的梅菲尔 别再给我找麻烦了 |
[28:56] | It seems both Miss Cowper and Miss Goring | 看样子考珀小姐和戈灵小姐 |
[28:59] | are swallowing the story about the wedding being halted due to | 都已经相信 婚礼中断 |
[29:02] | a mutual decision. | 是双方共同的决定 |
[29:08] | That is good. | 太好了 |
[29:09] | Well… I appear to be a very good liar. | 是啊…我好像也很会说谎 |
[29:14] | Something else you and the viscount have taught me, perhaps. | 也许这也是你和子爵教我的 |
[29:17] | Edwina, | 埃德温娜 |
[29:19] | what will it take for you to forgive me? | 你要怎样才会原谅我? |
[29:22] | If I must apologize every day for the rest of my life, I will. | 如果要我余生每天向你道歉 那我心甘情愿 |
[29:27] | Your happiness is all that has mattered to me, Bon, | 小妹 我唯一在乎的是你的幸福 |
[29:29] | and now, believe me, | 相信我 现如今 |
[29:32] | I am reaping the consequences of destroying it. | 毁了你的幸福 我也尝到了恶果 |
[29:39] | I remember the books you used to read to me from Appa’s library. | 我还记得你给我读的那些 阿爸书房里的书 |
[29:42] | The stories of true love and happy endings against all odds. | 那些真爱故事 那些经历重重艰险的幸福结局 |
[29:47] | Did you yourself ever truly believe them? | 你自己真正相信过那些故事吗? |
[29:49] | Or has everything you told me been a lie? | 还是说你告诉我的一切都是谎言? |
[29:51] | Of course I believe in true love. | 我当然相信真爱 |
[29:54] | Of course I believe in happy endings. How could I not? | 我当然相信幸福结局 怎么会不相信呢? |
[29:58] | You saw Appa and Mama, how happy they once were. | 你也看到了 阿爸和妈妈曾经多么幸福 |
[30:01] | What I saw is how even that ended in tragedy. | 我看到的 是连他们都以悲剧收场 |
[30:06] | Happy endings do not exist, Kate. | 凯特 幸福的结局并不存在 |
[30:09] | At least not in real life. | 至少现实中没有 |
[30:47] | Miss Sharma. | 莎尔玛小姐 |
[30:50] | I’ve been wishing for a moment to be alone with you. | 我一直想跟你独处片刻 |
[30:54] | To speak. | 跟你说说话 |
[30:55] | There is nothing to speak about, my lord. | 大人 我们之间已无话可说 |
[30:59] | – We kissed. – We did not. | -我们接吻了 -我们没有 |
[31:03] | Nothing happened between us. | 我们之间什么都没发生过 |
[31:06] | How could it? | 怎么可能? |
[31:08] | You were my sister’s intended. There is no world in which we could kiss. | 你是我妹妹的未婚夫 你我万万没有接吻的道理 |
[31:16] | Are you quite serious? | 你是认真的吗? |
[31:19] | We did a terrible thing. | 你我铸成了大错 |
[31:28] | We should be ashamed of what we did. | 我们应该为此羞愧 |
[31:40] | Oh. Lady Danbury. Lady Bridgerton. | 丹伯里女士 布里杰顿夫人 |
[31:43] | What a surprise to see you here. | 真没想到 你们也来了 |
[31:45] | You do know my family has its very own room here, | 你知道我们家族在这里有专属展厅吧 |
[31:48] | yes, Lady Cowper? | 知道啊 考珀夫人 |
[31:49] | Over there, is it not? | 就在那边 不是吗? |
[31:51] | The one with the, uh… Danbury name | 入口上方 |
[31:54] | just above the door. | 写着丹伯里那间 |
[31:58] | How nice it is to see you both. | 见到你们真是太好了 |
[32:00] | Though I’d have thought you required a respite after | 我还以为经历了上周一连串的事情 |
[32:03] | the strenuous events of the past week. | 你们要休息一阵呢 |
[32:04] | Oh, on the contrary. | 恰恰相反 |
[32:06] | Well, I myself am hosting a ball later this week. | 我本周晚些时候 还要举办舞会呢 |
[32:09] | Have you not received an invitation? | 你没有收到邀请吗? |
[32:11] | – Oh. – My. Well… | 哎呀 |
[32:12] | I will see if there is still room. | 我看看还有没有空位 |
[32:14] | We shall have a full house, no doubt. | 这次无疑将是宾客满门 |
[33:02] | You truly are a Jack of all trades. | 你真是个万事通 |
[33:03] | When one is in such wild country, | 身处如此荒蛮的乡野 |
[33:06] | one sometimes must do wild things. | 有时不能中规中矩 |
[33:08] | But if I’d not gone on that hunting expedition, | 可如果不是那次远猎 |
[33:10] | I’d never have discovered my mines. | 我也发现不了那些矿产 |
[33:12] | Huh. Ah. | |
[33:14] | – The lady of the hour. – Colin. | -我们的瞩目之星 -科林 |
[33:16] | Cousin Jack. | 杰克表哥 |
[33:17] | I was just telling Lord Featherington | 我正在给费瑟灵顿大人讲 |
[33:19] | that my interest in his mines was sparked quite naturally | 自从在我哥哥婚礼上看到 你佩戴的那条精致的项链 |
[33:22] | when I viewed that exquisite necklace you wore to my brother’s wedding. | 我对他矿业的兴趣便油然而生 |
[33:26] | Was it? | 是吗? |
[33:27] | You make a compelling case, Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿 你的话很有说服力 |
[33:29] | Allow me to give it some consideration. | 请允许我稍作考虑 |
[33:31] | I shall eagerly await your response. | 热切期待你的答复 |
[33:33] | The rest of the ton is dazzled by your exploits. I only wish to be too. | 整个贵族圈都对你开拓的事业 钦佩不已 我也希望跻身其中 |
[33:40] | Would you see me out? | 你能送我出去吗? |
[33:43] | I did not know you fancied yourself an investor. | 我都不知道你有意投资 |
[33:46] | No. Even I did not. Yet, I am beginning to think differently. | 我自己都不知道 不过 现在想法变了 |
[33:50] | I know it is a large sum to risk, but I am sorely tempted. | 我知道 这不是一笔小数目 但我实在跃跃欲试 |
[33:54] | It is a chance to make a name for myself, as your cousin has done. | 就像你表哥一样 这也是我成就自我的机会 |
[33:58] | And once our profits come, both our families will benefit, | 一旦有了收益 咱们两家都会获利 |
[34:02] | which is just what makes it so enticing. | 所以它才这么有吸引力 |
[34:04] | You think highly of my family? | 你看好我们家? |
[34:06] | I am not in the habit of consorting with those I hold in low esteem. | 我可不会和自己看不上的人合伙 |
[34:09] | I never thought of it like that. | 我从没这么想过 |
[34:11] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[34:13] | Our relationship has taken shape so naturally over the years, | 这么多年 你我的关系一直自然而然 |
[34:16] | one could take it for granted. | 有时让人觉得理所应当 |
[34:19] | You have always been so | 佩恩 一直以来 |
[34:21] | constant and loyal, Pen. | 你始终如一 忠诚可靠 |
[34:25] | I do not believe I deserve such praise for my loyalty. | 我想我配不上这种称赞 |
[34:30] | Does something trouble you? | 你有什么心事吗? |
[34:32] | No, not at all. | 完全没有 |
[34:36] | Oh. I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[34:39] | Perhaps I might rely on your loyalty one last time. | 我可能还是需要依赖你的忠实可靠 |
[34:42] | Until this agreement with your cousin is confirmed, | 在与你表兄正式达成协议之前 |
[34:45] | I do not wish for word to get back to Anthony. | 我不想让安东尼听到任何风声 |
[34:48] | Could you avoid telling anyone? Especially Eloise. | 能否拜托你别告诉其他人? 尤其是埃洛伊斯 |
[34:52] | I know there are no secrets between you two, but… | 我知道你们之间无话不谈 但是… |
[34:54] | Mr. Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿先生 |
[34:59] | I did not know we had a caller today. | 我都不知道今天家里有访客 |
[35:02] | Miss Penelope was just seeing me out. While I have been talking her to death | 佩内洛普小姐只是送我出门而已 只是我一直喋喋不休 |
[35:05] | about matters so foolish I’d have blushed to share them with anyone else. | 而所说的内容对他人实在难以启齿 |
[35:18] | Mr. Bridgerton. | |
[35:25] | Need I remind you of our discussion about who is and is not | 让谁投资 不让谁投资咱们的生意 |
[35:28] | to invest in our business? | 还用我提醒你吗? |
[35:31] | I love it when you call it our business. | “咱们的生意” 听着真有意思 |
[35:35] | I tried to dissuade Mr. Bridgerton, but the lad is quite persistent. | 我竭力阻止布里杰顿先生 可这小伙子却很坚决 |
[35:38] | Despite his family situation, he seems fixed on it. | 尽管家族境况如此 但他似乎是铁了心了 |
[35:41] | Because it is precisely that situation that is prompting him. | 正是因为境况如此 他才这么有动力 |
[35:44] | He is not foolish in wanting to come to an agreement now | 他又不傻 肯定想现在定下协议 |
[35:46] | before everyone wishes to stop associating with him and his family altogether. | 以后恐怕所有人都要与他和他们家 划清界限了 |
[35:54] | More bills, Mrs. Varley? | 又是账单吗 瓦里夫人? |
[35:55] | Invitations, my lord. And there are quite a few. | 大人 是邀请函 还不少呢 |
[35:59] | And why should there not be? | 这有什么奇怪的? |
[36:05] | Look at that one. | |
[36:08] | The invitations are ready to be distributed, ma’am. | 夫人 邀请函都准备好了 可以发出了 |
[36:10] | Oh, excellent, Mrs. Wilson. | 太好了 威尔森太太 |
[36:12] | Oh, dear little Augie is still suffering from his cough, | 小奥吉还是有点咳嗽 |
[36:15] | so the duchess will naturally not be able to attend. | 所以公爵夫人自然无法参加 |
[36:17] | But that is precisely why it is so important | 但正因如此 我们剩下的人 |
[36:20] | that the rest of us embrace this theme of harmony… | 才更要欣然享受这份和睦… |
[36:28] | …and work together to impress our guests. | 一同努力 给客人留个好印象 |
[36:33] | If we garner enough support, the queen may even be swayed | 如果能争取到足够的支持 女王兴许能 |
[36:35] | to forget all about this wedding business. | 回心转意 忘掉婚礼的事 |
[36:42] | – It is positively suffocating in here. – Eloise, dear? | -这里真是憋闷死了 -埃洛伊斯 亲爱的? |
[36:47] | Are you feeling unwell? | 你不舒服吗? |
[36:49] | Do not fret, Mama. I’ll still be in attendance at your ball. | 别担心 妈妈 我会参加你的舞会 |
[36:52] | Participating in this farce along with the rest of us. | 和我们一起参加这场闹剧 |
[36:55] | I am doing this for all of us. | 我这么做都是为了大家 |
[36:57] | Perhaps there is still time to change your theme. | 或许现在换个主题还为时不晚 |
[37:02] | Has there truly been no Whistledown delivery today? | 今天真的没有 维斯道恩的小报送来吗? |
[37:07] | Good day, Bridgertons. | 各位好 |
[37:32] | – I am going to confess. – What? | -我打算坦白 -什么? |
[37:34] | I know all I need to know about Whistledown. | 我了解关于维斯道恩的一切 |
[37:36] | I shall find a printer, publish a counterfeit paper, | 我会找间印刷坊 伪造一期小报 |
[37:39] | and give Her Majesty exactly what she wants. An ally. | 让女王遂心顺意拥有一位盟友 |
[37:41] | And you’ll use the assistance of that apprentice, Mr. Sharpe. | 你打算利用那位助手 夏尔普先生 |
[37:44] | I do not wish to speak of that boy ever again. | 我不想再提那个人了 |
[37:47] | I am doing this for my family, Pen. | 佩恩 我这么做是为了我的家人 |
[37:49] | I make the queen, once more, our supporter. | 我可以再次获得女王对家族的支持 |
[37:52] | It’ll make the rest of society overlook all the scandal we’ve recently caused. | 这样一来 贵族圈的人就会 忽略我家最近的丑闻 |
[37:55] | Eloise, I do not wish you to do anything rash. | 埃洛伊斯 我希望你不要冲动行事 |
[37:58] | There is little sand left in this hourglass. | 可时间所剩无几 |
[38:00] | If I have to say I am Whistledown, then so be it. | 如果非要我承认我是维斯道恩 那我就承认 |
[38:02] | That’ll only last for so long. You cannot continue lying like that. | 谎言可以维系一时 却撑不了一世 |
[38:05] | What will happen… | 一旦… |
[38:08] | What will happen when the real Lady Whistledown decides to publish again? | 一旦真正的维斯道恩女士 决定再次刊载 |
[38:11] | I no longer care what the real Lady Whistledown does, | 到时要怎么办? 我已经不在乎 真正的维斯道恩女士做什么 |
[38:14] | or does not, decide to do. She is dead to me. | 或是不做什么了 我对她已经无所谓了 |
[38:17] | Pen, I have made my decision. | 佩恩 我已经决定了 |
[38:18] | At the very least, it will allow me a little more time to | 至少 这样做能为我争取些许时间 |
[38:21] | finally find the real writer and make her pay for all of her crimes. | 找出真正的笔者 让她为自己的罪过付出代价 |
[38:26] | I only wish to thank you. | 我只想谢谢你 |
[38:28] | For always being such a loyal friend, | 谢谢你始终如一 不计境遇 |
[38:31] | whatever the circumstances. | 做我忠实的朋友 (欢迎光临1814年7月25日 布里杰顿家的名门舞会) |
[39:08] | What is it about betrayal that excites us so? | 背叛何以令我们如此欲罢不能? |
[39:17] | The ton itself has certainly felt its peculiar kind of frenzy | 在无与伦比的盛大婚礼宣告流产后 |
[39:21] | after the promise of the wedding to end all weddings was broken. | 贵族圈自然对这种 非比寻常的狂热感同身受 |
[39:29] | Yet this author has it on very good authority | 但笔者可以十分负责任地说 |
[39:33] | that the viscount’s failed nuptials | 子爵未能完成的婚礼 |
[39:36] | may not be the only betrayal | 可能并非布里杰顿家族 |
[39:38] | our dear Bridgertons must manage at present. | 唯一的背叛行径 |
[39:53] | Hmm. | |
[40:14] | Well, | 哎呀 |
[40:15] | this is unexpected. | 真没想到 |
[40:19] | It is still quite early, I suppose. | 我想现在时间尚早 |
[40:23] | – Would you still like us to play, my lady? – That will not be necessary. | -夫人 还要继续演奏吗? -不需要了 |
[40:33] | If there’s no need for my presence, I’ll head to my studio. | 如果不需要我在场的话 我就回画室了 |
[40:35] | I do not wish to be around such misery all evening. | 不说别人 我可不想每晚都受这份罪 |
[40:37] | – Wait. – I know of your opinions. | -等等 -我知道你怎么想 |
[40:38] | You will stay for a dance. | 留下来跳支舞 |
[40:43] | There shall be dancing. | 舞还是要跳的 |
[40:46] | A new perspective, yes? | 新的角度 是吧? |
[40:49] | Dancing? With whom? | 跳舞?跟谁跳? |
[40:50] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[40:53] | Hyacinth! | 海厄森斯! |
[40:54] | Yes, Brother? | 怎么了 哥哥? |
[40:58] | Come down here and do me the honor. | 下来跟我跳支舞吧 |
[41:01] | If she gets to dance, so do I. | 如果她能跳舞 那我也要跳 |
[41:11] | Come. | 来吧 |
[41:12] | Show this dowager the benefit of all these lessons | 让这位贵族遗孀看看你上课的成果 |
[41:14] | I hear you’ve been taking, Mr. Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿先生 我可是听说你一直在学 |
[41:17] | He’s much better than me, I’ll say. | 我觉得他比我强多了 |
[41:18] | Something lively. A country dance, perhaps? | 奏点活泼的曲子 乡村舞如何? |
[41:23] | I believe the theme you have chosen tonight is harmony, Mother. | 母亲 |
[41:56] | Come on! | 我记得您为今晚定的主题 |
[42:02] | Hey! Hey! Whoo! | 是和睦 |
[42:58] | Perhaps a quadrille? | 要不要跳四方舞? |
[42:59] | Uh… | |
[43:02] | Perhaps we should start eating some of that food. | 大家还是吃点东西吧 |
[43:06] | Yes. | 对 |
[43:15] | Given the ton’s usual gullibility, | 贵族圈一向随风倒 |
[43:18] | I must admit, I am rather surprised | 不得不说 我深感意外 |
[43:21] | they did not give credit to our story, Lady Danbury. | 丹伯里女士 大家对我们的故事并不买账 |
[43:24] | Whatever happened? | 究竟怎么回事? …送到了 夫人 |
[43:28] | Perhaps we should ask them. | 或许该问问她们 |
[43:32] | Mrs. Wilson? | 威尔森太太? |
[43:33] | Is something wrong? | 怎么了? |
[43:37] | It was just delivered, ma’am. | 夫人 这是刚刚送到的 |
[43:43] | Is that Lady Whistledown? | 是维斯道恩女士吗? |
[43:46] | Has she published, Mama? | 妈妈 她又写东西了? |
[43:47] | Indeed, she has. | 的确如此 |
[43:50] | And now we may know why we are the only ones here. | 现在我们知道 为什么没人来了 |
[43:53] | Should our lives be distilled down | 如果人生注定要归结为 |
[43:56] | to the sum total of our choices, | 抉择的总和 |
[43:59] | then Miss Eloise Bridgerton has certainly made a dangerous, | 那么埃洛伊斯布里杰顿小姐的抉择 无疑十分危险 |
[44:04] | perhaps ruinous one. | 甚至带有毁灭意味 |
[44:07] | For she’s apparently been associating, | 显然她在无人陪伴的情况下 |
[44:10] | unchaperoned, with improper company. | 与不端之辈过从甚密 |
[44:15] | Political radicals, in fact. | 实际上 对方还是政治激进分子 |
[44:30] | You seem happy, my lady. | 夫人 您好像心情不错 |
[44:32] | It seems our neighbors are to remain afflicted for quite some time. | 看样子我们的邻居很长时间内 都翻不了身了 |
[44:37] | Colin Bridgerton, go ahead. Seal the agreement with him. | 跟科林布里杰顿结约吧 |
[44:46] | It might be that the young miss spent a great deal of time | 也许这位年轻的小姐 |
[44:50] | considering her decisions. | 经过了深思熟虑 |
[44:52] | Or, | 或者 |
[44:53] | perhaps, they were made in haste. | 她只是草率行事 |
[45:12] | Whatever the case may be, we all must remember, | 无论是哪种情况 我们都不能忘记 |
[45:16] | as one makes one’s bed, | 为人行事 |
[45:18] | so one must lie in it. | 必自食其果 |
[45:28] | Might we return home, Bon? | 小妹 我们回家吧? |
[45:31] | As if you truly care what I would like to do. | 就好像你在乎我的意愿似的 |
[45:33] | Edwina, this is cruelty… | 埃德温娜 这太残忍了… |
[45:34] | Do not dare… try to make me out to be the cruel one. | 你少在那里说我残忍 |
[45:40] | I may not know who I truly am, | 我或许不够了解自己 |
[45:43] | but at least I know I am kinder-hearted than you. | 但至少我很清楚 我比你善良得多 |
[46:26] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[46:30] | – My apologies. – No, no, please. Stay. | 我很抱歉 -不 |
[46:32] | You were here first. | 请留下 -是你先来的 |
[46:33] | – I was just leaving. – It is your house, my lord. | 我正要离开 大人 这里是你的家 |
[46:36] | – It does not signify… – Perhaps it should. | 那也无所谓 或许应该有所谓 |
[46:39] | – Must you always? – You were the one insisting. | -你一定要这样吗? -是你一味坚持 |
[46:41] | – And this is you compromising? – Good night, my lord. | -这就是你的妥协吗? -晚安 大人 |
[46:44] | Can you ever just agree? | 你就不能同意吗? |
[46:49] | You have been like this from the moment we first met in those woods. | 打从林中初遇开始 你就一直如此 |
[46:53] | Obstinate, inflexible, | 固执 强硬 |
[46:55] | unyielding to good, plain common sense. | 不肯听从常识道理 |
[46:58] | Well, I can certainly understand why that would be so troubling for a man like you. | 我当然明白 你这样的人为何会如此介意 |
[47:03] | A man used to always getting his way. | 你已经习惯了随心所欲 |
[47:05] | – A man used to giving orders… – I do not give orders. | 发号施令… -我不是对你发号施令 |
[47:07] | You give me orders and you expect me to listen. I do not… | -你是 并且指望我听从 |
[47:10] | – Perhaps you should. – I’ll never listen to you! | -而我没有听 -也许你该听 |
[47:12] | Or to anyone I wholeheartedly disagree with! | 我永远不会听从于你 或者任何我根本不认同的人! |
[47:14] | The fact it’s taken you this long to come to terms with that, to accept that fact… | 你用了这么长时间 才做出妥协 才接受… |
[47:18] | – You wish to know why? – I am uncertain you even know why. | -想知道原因吗? -你自己都不知道原因 |
[47:21] | – I know why. – Enthrall me with your self-awareness. | -我知道 -又来了 让我看看你的自知之明 |
[47:23] | It is because I have never met anyone like you. | 因为我从未遇到过像你这样的人 |
[47:28] | It is maddening, | 你让人火大 |
[47:31] | how much you consume my very being. | 你吞噬着我的全部 |
[47:39] | My family is on the brink of ruin. | 我的家族岌岌可危 |
[47:43] | I am nearly certain every last one of my brothers and sisters | 我几乎可以肯定 家中的弟妹个个都在暗暗鄙视我 |
[47:46] | secretly despise me. My own mother, at that. | 我的母亲亦是如此 尽管我付出了 |
[47:48] | Despite the fact I have lived the better part of my life for them. | 大好青春 一直为家人而活 |
[47:50] | And yet still, | 可尽管如此 |
[47:52] | all I find myself thinking about, | 我满脑子想的 |
[47:54] | all I find myself being able to breathe for… | 能让我得以片刻喘息的… |
[48:00] | is you. | 是你 |
[48:03] | Do you think that I want to be in this position? | 你以为我愿意这样吗? |
[48:06] | Contending with these thoughts of wanting to be nowhere except with you. | 你以为我愿意与欲望对抗 却一心只想与你在一起 |
[48:10] | Wanting to run away with you. | 想与你一起远走高飞? |
[48:14] | Of acting on the most | 你以为我不想满足那些最是…羞耻 |
[48:17] | impure, forbidden desires, | 禁忌的欲望 |
[48:21] | no matter… how much I must remind myself | 无论 我如何提醒自己 |
[48:25] | I am a gentleman, and you are a lady. | 我是绅士 而你是淑女 |
[48:28] | Of that… of that scent. | 散发着着…那样的香气 |
[48:33] | It has remained imprinted on my mind | 自从那晚温室舞会在露台邂逅 |
[48:36] | ever since the night of the conservatory ball on that terrace. | 它就一直印刻在我的脑海 |
[48:45] | Lilies. | 百合的香气 |
[48:55] | – You have to stop. – I have to stop? | -你必须停下来 -我必须停下来? |
[48:57] | There is no other course of action to be concluded. You must stop! | 你必须停下!没有其他的办法 |
[48:59] | It has been you. It has been you this entire time. | 罪魁祸首是你 却要我停下? 自始至终都是你 |
[49:02] | Spinning my world off its axis, | 把我的生活搅得乱七八糟 |
[49:04] | making me reconsider everything I have ever told myself. | 令我重新审视一直以来笃信的一切 |
[49:09] | I came here resolved… to save my family. | 我来到这里 一心只为拯救我的家庭 |
[49:12] | Everything I have ever done… | -我所做的一切 |
[49:14] | …has been for them. | 都是为了… -都是为了她们 |
[49:19] | – Has been for them. – Yeah. | -都是为了她们 -是啊 |
[49:22] | You are the one who must stop. | 必须停手的人是你 |
[49:29] | You are the one who must stop. | 必须停手的人是你 |
[49:31] | Before… | -不然… |
[49:32] | Before what? Before we both finally do something for ourselves? | -不然怎样? 不然我们终将为自己而活? |
[49:48] | Please go inside. | 拜托你进去吧 |
[49:53] | Go | 马上 |
[49:54] | in… side | 进去 |
[49:59] | What did I tell you about you and your orders? | 对于你和你那些命令 |
[50:21] | I will stop. | 我是怎么说的? 我必须停手 |
[50:22] | – Do not stop. – I will stop. | -不要停下 -我必须停下 |
[50:24] | Do not stop. | 不要停下 |
[53:20] | I must speak with Miss Sharma. | 我必须跟莎尔玛大小姐谈谈 |
[53:32] | I know it is early, but can you please tell her I’m here? | 我知道时间还早 但可否请你通报一声? |
[53:34] | I am afraid that is not possible, my lord. | 大人 恐怕这不太可能 |
[53:37] | She does not seem to be here. | 她好像不在房里 |
[53:39] | One of the horses is gone too. | 有匹马也不见了 |
[54:27] | Come on. Come on. | 快点! |
[54:30] | Miss Sharma! | 莎尔玛大小姐! |
[54:37] | Miss Sharma! | 莎尔玛大小姐! |
[54:43] | No, no, no. Miss Sharma! | 莎尔玛小姐!不要! |
[55:00] | Kate! | 凯特! |
[55:04] | No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不可以 |
[55:12] | Kate! | 凯特! |