时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | A march down the aisle | 通往婚姻殿堂的道路 |
[00:22] | may very well be the longest walk | 可能是所有年轻女士走过的 |
[00:24] | any young lady ever takes. | 最漫长的一段路 |
[00:27] | It does not simply cover the length of the church, | 其中不仅包含教堂的长度 |
[00:30] | but rather, countless floors for dancing, | 还包含无数的舞池 |
[00:35] | and meandering paths for every afternoon promenade too. | 以及每天下午散步的蜿蜒小路 |
[00:41] | It is a wonder, then, that feet do not tire | 说来奇怪 她们的双脚不觉疲累 |
[00:45] | or, heaven forbid, trip | 也不会不幸跌倒 |
[00:47] | under the scrutiny of all those attentive eyes | 在众目睽睽之下 |
[00:51] | keeping close watch, indeed. | 她们走得安然自若 |
[01:00] | Does it fly? | 它会飞吗? |
[01:01] | Uh, some, Your Majesty. | -有时候会 |
[01:03] | What kind of answer is “some”? | 陛下 -“有时候会”算什么回答? |
[01:05] | Well, it does not soar, but if you like, | 它不会高飞 但如果您愿意 |
[01:07] | I can place it on a high perch and allow it to glide down. | 我可以把它放到高处 让它滑翔下来 |
[01:10] | Only if you follow its path. | 除非你跟它一起 |
[01:18] | The fireworks are ready, Your Majesty. | 烟花准备好了 陛下 |
[01:20] | Timed perfectly to discharge directly after the bride and groom utter, “I do.” | 新娘和新郎说完“我愿意”后 就可以立刻燃放 |
[01:24] | Whatever you have planned is not good enough, Brimsley. | 你的计划还不够好 布里姆斯利 |
[01:26] | Make them bigger, longer, brighter. | 要选择更大、更持久、更明亮的烟花 |
[01:29] | Our guests must be captivated. | 务必惊艳我们的客人们 |
[01:35] | I believe I asked for His Majesty’s wing to be closed off today. | 我相信我已经下令 今天封锁国王陛下的住处了 |
[01:40] | I do not wish for anyone to lose their way and end up somewhere… | 我不希望有人迷路 最终闯入某处… |
[01:46] | curious. | 稀奇的地方 |
[01:47] | Of course, ma’am. Though, you may rest assured | 当然 王后 不过您可以放心 |
[01:49] | His Majesty appeared in rather good spirits this morning. | 国王陛下今天早上看起来精神很好 |
[01:53] | And what of our other grand plan? | 我们的另一项宏图大计呢? |
[01:55] | – Is everything in place? – Indeed. | -都准备好了吗? -当然 |
[01:57] | Every young lady that remains under suspicion of being Lady Whistledown | 每一位被怀疑 是维斯道恩女士的年轻女士 |
[02:00] | will have a footman assigned to her, watching her every move. | 我们都安排了一名男仆 监视她的一举一动 |
[02:03] | Simply watching will not be enough. | 只是监视还不够 |
[02:05] | We must entrap the scribbler. | 我们要用圈套让这位小报写手现行 |
[02:06] | Perhaps you might put forth false rumors | 或许你可以散布一些谣言 |
[02:10] | so that when Whistledown prints them, we will be able to trace the origins. | 这样维斯道恩女士出版的时候 我们就能追踪到源头了 |
[02:15] | – An ingenious idea, ma’am. – Yes, that is why I thought of it. | -好主意 王后 -是啊 所以我想到了 |
[02:19] | The author thinks she has bested us all | 写手觉得 她不正当搜集信息和报道的行为 |
[02:21] | with her illicit spying and reporting. | 打败了我们所有人 |
[02:24] | Well, no one has sharper eyes on the ton than I do. | 没人比我更能看透上流社会这帮人了 |
[02:54] | You must calm yourself, Bon. Keep still. | 你必须冷静下来 小妹 |
[02:56] | It is all so strange. | 不要乱动 感觉好奇怪 |
[02:58] | I have faced a thousand tomorrows, | 我过去面对的每一天 |
[03:00] | but they have all been leading to this one. | 都是为了这一天 |
[03:03] | Tomorrow is a day you have been preparing for your entire life, dearest. | 明天是你准备已久的日子 |
[03:06] | You are ready. | 亲爱的 你准备好了 |
[03:07] | I believed that to be true. But now that the viscount has hastened things… | 我也是那么想的 但现在子爵将婚期提前了… |
[03:12] | Oh, it has caused you doubts? | 所以你有了疑虑? |
[03:13] | Bringing the wedding forward is a sign of true feeling, but, | 提前举行婚礼是真爱的表现 但是 |
[03:18] | well, it has unnerved me too. | 也让我感到不安 |
[03:20] | Rest assured, the viscount adores you. | 放心吧 子爵很喜欢你 |
[03:23] | He has devotedly courted you | 从我们刚到这里 |
[03:25] | and made his intentions clear from our first arrival. | 他就已表明心意 |
[03:29] | Ooh. | 开始全心全意地追求你 |
[03:31] | It is meant to be a sipping spirit. | 烈酒应该小口慢品 |
[03:33] | Have you not heard? The viscount believes in hurrying things along these days. | 你没听说吗?子爵最近比较赶时间 |
[03:37] | First the wedding, now his drink. I hope, for Edwina’s sake, | 先是提前婚礼 现在又在豪饮 看在埃德温娜的份上 |
[03:39] | the tendency stops before the honeymoon. | 希望这种趋势能在蜜月前停下来 |
[03:42] | Have you always been so vulgar, | 你一直都这么低俗吗 |
[03:43] | or has staring at naked models all day turned your brain to charcoal? | 还是整天盯着裸体模特 大脑变成木炭了? |
[03:46] | Must he choose just one? | 答案只能是其中之一吗? |
[03:49] | That has always been the privilege of not being the firstborn. | 不做长子 就是有这种特权吧? |
[03:52] | You both get to choose your passions and adventures, | 你们可以选择自己的兴趣和活法 |
[03:55] | while I, on the other hand, must fulfill my… | 而我则必须完成我的… |
[03:58] | Tell me, dear brother, once you marry, | 告诉我 亲爱的哥哥 等你结婚了 |
[04:00] | will your duty finally be fulfilled so you can stop reminding everyone of it? | 你的责任就完成了 你就不用再时刻提醒大家了吧? |
[04:04] | I believe the reminders are also my duty, so no. | 我相信提醒大家也是我的责任 所以不行 |
[04:06] | I still wish that when he looks at me, I could be certain that he truly loves me. | 我仍然希望 |
[04:11] | Oh… | 在他看我的时候 我能确定他是真心爱我的 |
[04:12] | I fear, in fact, that he does not look at me often enough. | 其实我担心我们对视的次数太少了 |
[04:19] | Looks can be powerful, Bon, but also fleeting. | 以色事人 能得几时好小妹 |
[04:22] | Displays of mere passion, perhaps. Nothing more. | 那些只是一时冲动的表现而已 |
[04:25] | So the viscount feels little passion for me? | 所以子爵对我没有冲动喽? |
[04:28] | Of course not. What I mean to say is that | 当然不是啦 我的意思是 |
[04:31] | true love is something else entirely. | 真爱完全是另外一回事 |
[04:33] | It is when the rest of the world goes quiet. | 真爱降临时 世界的其他角落都安静下来了 |
[04:36] | It is not eyes that meet but souls that dance. | 不是目光的相遇 而是灵魂的起舞 |
[04:41] | Settle into each other. | 做彼此的港湾 |
[04:43] | Make room for each other | 给彼此空间 |
[04:46] | until there is nowhere else to hide. | 不至无处安身 |
[04:48] | No need to worry. | 不用担心 |
[04:50] | Much will remain the same, | 不会有太大的改变 |
[04:51] | apart from the fact that I shall finally have my viscountess, as is required. | 只是我终于要迎娶 符合我要求的子爵夫人了 |
[04:55] | Indeed. Not much shall change at all. | 的确 不会有太大的改变 |
[04:58] | Though, soon enough, we will have a tiny Anthony to contend with, | 不过很快 我们就要对付小安东尼了 |
[05:01] | running around, declaring all of his tiny duties too, no doubt. | 毫无疑问 他也会跑来跑去 宣扬自己的各种小责任 |
[05:04] | Yes, he too shall be a tyrant. | 是的 他也会是一个暴君 |
[05:06] | Is it not also said, | 不是说 |
[05:08] | when spread on an unmarried person, | 把姜黄涂抹在未婚女性身上 |
[05:10] | haldi will help them find a worthy partner | 会帮助她们找到值得托付终身的伴侣 |
[05:13] | that makes the rest of the world quiet too? | 让世界的其他角落也都安静下来吗? |
[05:15] | – Edwina… – Now, now. | -埃德温娜… -好啦 |
[05:16] | It is your turn to hold still. | 现在轮到你别乱动了 |
[05:25] | A toast! | 干杯! |
[05:27] | What is it we are drinking to if not the future? | 如果不敬未来 那我们敬什么呢? |
[05:29] | To, well, | 我们敬 |
[05:31] | the sister. | 姐姐 |
[05:33] | – The sister? – The gatekeeper. | 姐姐? 把关人 |
[05:35] | I do wonder whether this blessing would be greater | 我想知道 如果子爵也参加祝福仪式 |
[05:38] | if the viscount were here to participate as well. | 祝福会不会更有效力 |
[05:40] | Oh, I am certain Lord Bridgerton has his own wedding traditions to perform. | 我相信布里杰顿大人 有自己的婚礼传统 |
[05:44] | – To besting her. – Hear! Hear! | -我们敬她 -说得对! |
[05:46] | You do love gloating about your victories, do you not, Brother? | 你很得意自己的胜利 |
[05:55] | Mmm. | 是吧 哥哥? |
[06:09] | My word, Prudence. Stand up straight. Chin up. Chest out. | 天啊 普鲁登斯 身体站直 抬起下巴 挺胸 |
[06:14] | However am I meant to stand like this all day? | 但我要这样站一整天吗? |
[06:17] | Just stop your fidgeting. | 不要晃来晃去的 |
[06:21] | Lord Featherington has so graciously allowed you to borrow | 费瑟灵顿大人是多么的慷慨 |
[06:23] | this beautiful necklace for the occasion. | 答应把这条漂亮的项链 借给你参加婚礼 |
[06:26] | It is very heavy. | 项链好重啊 |
[06:28] | That means it’s very valuable. Remember that. | 这说明它非常珍贵 请牢记这一点 |
[06:32] | You are certain about this? | 你确定要这样做吗? |
[06:34] | The young lady quite naturally draws attention to herself. | 年轻女士很容易吸引大家的注意力 |
[06:37] | She will get people speaking of the very valuable jewelry | 她会让人们聊起 直接从您的矿山 |
[06:40] | that came directly from your mines. | 运来的贵重珠宝 |
[06:42] | I will, of course, confirm that you are rather quiet | 当然了 我会证明您非常低调 |
[06:44] | about how well your business is doing, out of modesty. | 不愿谈及自己的生意做得多好 |
[06:46] | And when the husbands come to you, you agree to the arrangements. | 然后等丈夫们去找您的时候 您就答应他们的安排 |
[06:50] | Your confidence is admirable, I concede. | 不得不承认 你的自信令人钦佩 |
[06:53] | Would you prefer I cower? | 您想让我退缩吗? |
[06:55] | Oh, I did not say that. | 我可没那么说 |
[06:56] | I cannot help but enjoy a lady who seizes control. | 我喜欢能掌握控制权的女士 |
[07:02] | Pardon me, madam. | 不好意思 夫人 |
[07:03] | Yes, well. | 是啊 好了 |
[07:05] | I shall meet you in the carriage. | 我在马车上等您 |
[07:07] | Prudence. | 普鲁登斯 |
[07:21] | Mademoiselle Penelope, I have made the alterations you requested. | 佩内洛普小姐 我按照您的要求做了改动 |
[07:25] | Thank you, Madame Delacroix. | 谢谢你 德拉克洛瓦夫人 |
[07:27] | It is a great risk for me to meet you here. | 我们在这里见面太冒险了 |
[07:30] | Your mama will certainly know you do not have a dress in need of repair. | 您母亲肯定知道 您没有需要修改的裙子 |
[07:33] | This could not wait any longer. | 这件事不能再等了 |
[07:35] | What do you know of that apprentice who works for our printer? | 在我们印刷厂工作的那名学徒 你对他了解多少? |
[07:38] | A Mr. Theo Sharpe, I believe. | 我知道他叫西奥夏尔普 |
[07:40] | Well, if you know his name, you know much more than I do. | 如果您知道他的名字 那您知道的比我多 |
[07:42] | Have any of our delivery boys mentioned him? | 我们的送报员们有提到过他吗? |
[07:45] | Is there something more serious you wish to tell me about our little… undertaking? | 关于我们的小事业 您还有更重要的事情要告诉我吗? |
[07:51] | Because if there’s trouble on the horizon, I cannot be associated. | 因为一旦祸起萧墙 我不能受到牵连 |
[07:55] | – My business is too important… – As is mine. | -我的生意太重要了… -我的也是 |
[07:58] | And no, there is nothing to worry about, I assure you. | 没事的 我跟你保证没什么好担心的 |
[08:00] | Madame Delacroix? | 德拉克洛瓦夫人? |
[08:01] | I was not expecting you. | 没想到你会来啊 |
[08:03] | – If this is about our bill… – Ah, no, madame. | -如果是因为我们的账单… -不是的 夫人 |
[08:06] | I was just saying I seem to have lost my head. | 我刚才在说 我好像昏头了 |
[08:10] | This delivery is for the Bridgertons, you see. | 这条裙子是给布里杰顿家的 |
[08:13] | I came here by mistake. Good day. | 我走错门了 再会 |
[08:19] | Can you imagine? A woman reduced to running her own business. | 你能想象吗? 一个女人被迫独自经营生意 |
[08:23] | No wonder her mind is so scattered. Make haste. We can’t be late. | 难怪她脑子里乱糟糟的 快点 我们不能迟到 |
[08:39] | Didi? What are those? | 姐姐? 那是什么? |
[08:42] | I brought them with us from home. | 这是我从家里带来的 |
[08:45] | I knew this season would be a success. | 我就知道今年社交季会成功的 |
[08:47] | They are quite beautiful. How have I never seen them before? | 好漂亮啊 我之前怎么没见过呢? |
[08:51] | They belonged to my mother. | 这是我母亲留下的 |
[08:52] | Amma wore them on her wedding day and saved them. | 母亲结婚时戴过 然后一直保存至今 |
[08:55] | For you? | 是给你的吗? |
[08:56] | I brought them for you. | 我带来想送给你 |
[08:58] | I insist. | 不要推辞 |
[09:00] | Beautiful bangles for a beautiful bride. | 美饰配佳人 |
[09:05] | Oh, Didi. I know this has been a difficult time, | 姐姐 我知道这段时间很困难 |
[09:09] | and you never much cared for the viscount, but I hope today we may all find joy. | 你从来都不太关心子爵 但我希望今天我们都能开心 |
[09:13] | I am happy if you are happy. | 只要你开心 我就开心 |
[09:22] | – He has taken my ribbon! – I have done you a service. | -他把我的丝带抢走了! -我是在帮你呀 |
[09:25] | Do not chase each other. Or, well, perhaps do not catch each other. | 不要互相追逐 也不要打打闹闹 |
[09:29] | You must look presentable. | 你们必须衣着体面 |
[09:31] | Why does no one truly seem ready for this wedding? | 为什么感觉大家 都没准备好参加婚礼呢? |
[09:34] | – Mrs. Wilson! – Oh, Mother. | -威尔森太太! -母亲 |
[09:35] | Please, not so loud. | 拜托 别这么大声 |
[09:37] | Whatever you have done to your brother, undo it. | 不管你对你弟弟做了什么 赶紧补救回来 |
[09:42] | I may never reach your capacity for drink, Brother. | 我可能永远比不过你的酒量 哥哥 |
[09:44] | It’s a simple remedy. | 解决方法很简单 |
[09:45] | If you continue to drink, there can be no after-effects. | 如果你继续喝下去 就不会醉酒了 |
[09:48] | If only you would use your powers for good. | 如果你能用你的能力做点好事就好了 |
[09:50] | Has anyone seen Anthony? | 有人见过安东尼吗? |
[09:53] | Benedict, see that he is well. | 本尼迪克特 确保他没有问题 |
[09:54] | I am sure the emotions of the day have somewhat confused him. | 我敢肯定 今天的情绪会让他心烦意乱 |
[09:58] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[10:00] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[10:02] | You are ready? | 你准备好了吗? |
[10:03] | Of course I am. Born ready, in fact. | 当然了 早就准备好了 |
[10:07] | Shall we? | 我们走吧? |
[10:44] | Lady Danbury. | 丹伯里夫人 |
[10:47] | Lady Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿夫人 |
[10:49] | It seems the two of us have not spoken since our dinner with the Sheffields. Ha. | 自从跟谢菲尔德夫妇共进晚餐后 我们似乎还没聊过 |
[10:53] | Yes, it seems so. Though why would we? | 是啊 貌似是的 不过我们有什么可聊的? |
[10:57] | It is not as if you have even more private information | 反正您也没有更多私密信息 |
[10:59] | you wish at last to share with me, do you? | 要跟我分享 是不是呀? |
[11:03] | – You must know… – Enjoy the wedding, Lady Danbury. | -您要知道… -祝您参加婚礼开心 丹伯里夫人 |
[11:09] | It is a wonder I have found the two of you in the midst | 能在这种奢华的场合见到你俩 |
[11:12] | of all this opulence, is it not? | 还真是想不到呢 不是吗? |
[11:14] | Quite. Her Majesty’s fondness for the diamond exceeds | 可不是嘛 陛下对钻石淑女的喜爱 |
[11:17] | even what Lady Whistledown suggests. | 远远超过维斯道恩女士的描述了 |
[11:19] | Daphne’s wedding was not nearly as extraordinary, and she married a duke. | 达芙妮的婚礼都没有这么盛大 她还是嫁给一位公爵呢 |
[11:21] | Perhaps the queen requires our attention in new ways. | 也许王后需要用新的方式吸引眼球 |
[11:24] | The weight of the Crown is quite heavy. | 欲戴皇冠 必承其重 |
[11:26] | Perhaps she seeks to prove herself still significant and equal to the task. | 也许她是想证明自己依旧重要 能够胜任这项任务 |
[11:29] | – Is that not the plight of all mankind? – I believe it is. | -这不正是全人类的困境吗? -我相信是的 |
[11:32] | Do not indulge him. He has been insufferable | 不要附和他 他从希腊回来以后 |
[11:34] | since returning from Greece. | 就一直让人难以忍受 |
[11:35] | Or was it your visit with Lady Crane? | 还是在你见过克雷恩夫人之后? |
[11:37] | The cause does not matter nearly as much as the truth. | 原因并不像真相那么重要 |
[11:39] | One must make a name for oneself if this life is to mean anything at all. | 人生若要有意义 就必须扬名立万 |
[11:43] | A noble pursuit. | 真是崇高的追求 |
[11:44] | Thank you, Pen. | 谢谢你 佩恩 |
[11:45] | It is surprising that you and Eloise | 真没想到 你和埃洛伊斯如此相像 |
[11:48] | remain so familiar when you could not be less alike. | 还能保持如此亲密 |
[11:50] | What can you mean? | 什么意思? |
[11:51] | Well, you have sense. | 你很有见识 |
[11:56] | It is a fool’s errand to try to make an impression on those in good society | 企图给上流社会的人留下印象 是徒劳无益的 |
[11:59] | who have not a single original thought. | 上流社会根本没有独到的思想 |
[12:01] | And what good is it anyway to make a name for oneself | 如果扬名立万只是为了收到舞会邀请 |
[12:03] | if it is only to be written on dance cards? | 那出名有什么好处呢? |
[12:05] | What of Lady Whistledown? She speaks of everyone without remorse. | 那维斯道恩女士呢? 她谈到每个人时都毫无悔意 |
[12:08] | No. No, she does not speak of all. | 不是 她没有说到每个人 |
[12:10] | Perhaps she simply does not know | 也许她只是不知道 |
[12:11] | that there are some beyond the ton worthy of attention too. | 在上流社会之外 还有一些人值得关注 |
[12:14] | Are you speaking of Mr. Sharpe again, El? | 你又在说夏尔普先生吗 小埃? |
[12:16] | I have heeded your warnings. | 我已经注意你的警告了 |
[12:19] | Theoretically. | 理论上来说 |
[12:21] | It’d be foolish of me to continue to visit him. | 我要是继续去找他 那就是太傻了 |
[12:23] | And what in actuality? | 那实际上呢? |
[12:27] | I visited him the other day. | 我那天去找他了 |
[12:28] | But it’s not nearly as scandalous as you make it out to be. | 但并不像你说的那么可耻 |
[12:31] | – It’s only his thoughts I’m interested in. – It is a friendship, then? | -我只是对他的想法感兴趣 -那是友谊吗? |
[12:34] | Of course. What else could it be? | 当然了 还能是什么? |
[12:51] | – Sister. – You are late. | -姐姐 -你迟到了 |
[12:53] | Well, in truth, I was delayed by doubts | 事实上 我之所以耽搁 |
[12:55] | about whether the festivities of this day might or might not take place. | 是因为我怀疑今天的婚礼是否会举行 |
[12:59] | Does the duchess not care for your bride, Brother? | 公爵夫人不关心你的新娘吗 哥哥? |
[13:01] | I find Miss Edwina to be quite lovely and deserving of the truth, | 我觉得埃德温娜小姐很可爱 应当知道真相 |
[13:04] | which we must not deny her. | 我们不能让她不明真相 |
[13:08] | I’m confused. Who is denying what to whom? | 我困惑了 谁让谁不明真相? |
[13:11] | Benedict, you must excuse us. It seems the duchess has opinions. | 本尼迪克特 你先出去吧 看来公爵夫人要发表自己的意见 |
[13:14] | – But I wish to know… – The best man listens to the groom. Go. | -但我想知道… -伴郎要听新郎的话 你走吧 |
[13:35] | I’ve gone too far down this road to turn back now, Daph. | 我走得太远了 不能回头了达芙妮 |
[13:38] | Miss Edwina will be ruined if we do not marry, | 如果我们家不迎娶埃德温娜小姐 她就会声名狼藉 |
[13:40] | and our family will suffer equal scandal. | 我们家族也会遭受同样的丑闻 |
[13:45] | This was always the plan. | 计划本来就是如此 |
[13:47] | And what of the sister? | 那她姐姐怎么办呢? |
[13:50] | She has made her own plans for the future. Plans which do not include me. | 她对未来有自己的计划 其实不包括我 |
[13:55] | We have decided there is nothing more between us. | 我们已经说清楚了 我们之间不再有什么了 |
[13:58] | There cannot be. | 也不能有什么了 |
[14:11] | Do you ever wonder what Father might say on a day such as this? | 你有没有想过 在这样的日子 父亲会说些什么? |
[14:17] | He was the only one you ever truly respected. | 他是你唯一真正尊敬的人 |
[14:21] | The only one you ever listened to. | 你只听他的话 |
[14:26] | – If Papa was still here… – You cannot know what he would say. | -如果爸爸还在… -他会说什么 已经无从得知了 |
[14:29] | Father had different words for me than he did for you. | 父亲对我说的话 跟他对你说的不会一样的 |
[14:31] | So please do not insult me with your baseless conjecture. | 所以请不要用毫无根据的猜测 来侮辱我 |
[14:36] | I have been here. | 我经历过这些 |
[14:38] | And I have seen you at all stages. | 你的各个人生阶段 我都是亲历者 |
[14:41] | I witnessed you change the day he died. | 他去世那天 我目睹了你的变化 |
[14:43] | Do you know you did not even weep once? | 你知不知道 你一次都没哭过? |
[14:46] | And you stopped laughing, altogether, in fact. | 你也不再展露笑容了 |
[14:49] | It was as though you had become an entirely different person, | 你仿佛彻头彻尾地改变了 |
[14:52] | consumed by the expectations of others. | 被别人的期望所消耗 |
[14:55] | And what choice did I have? | 我有什么选择呢? |
[14:58] | I changed so that our family might survive, | 我这样改变 才能让我们的家族生存下去 |
[15:01] | so that you could be respectable enough to marry a duke. | 才能让你体面地嫁给一位公爵 |
[15:03] | I am happy for you, Sister, but I’m not like you. | 我为你高兴 妹妹 但我跟你不一样 |
[15:06] | I have never wished to succumb to the blind delight of being in love. | 我从来没有想过 屈从于谈情说爱的盲目喜悦 |
[15:10] | I cannot so indulge myself. | 我不能如此纵容自己 |
[15:11] | You can choose to be happy. | 你可以选择快乐的 |
[15:16] | To follow the desires of your heart | 追随内心的欲望 |
[15:18] | instead of pushing away any feeling that comes to the surface. | 而不是将表露出来的真情抛在一边 |
[15:23] | It should not be a luxury, but a right to choose, | 这不是奢望 而是一种选择权 |
[15:26] | to fight for the family that you want. | 为你想要组建的家庭而奋斗 |
[15:28] | I fight… | 我要为 |
[15:30] | …for the family that I have. | 自己现在的家庭而奋斗 |
[15:32] | You’ll never understand. | 你永远不会明白的 |
[15:33] | You were born to marry into another family. | 你天生就是要嫁到别人家的 |
[15:35] | I was born to carry on the Bridgerton name. | 我天生就是要继承布里杰顿家族的 |
[15:37] | That is what outweighs anything else. | 那才是最重要的 |
[15:40] | It is rather easy to be selfish | 如果你不用向别人交出答卷 |
[15:41] | when you have no one else to whom you must answer. | 是很容易变得自私的 |
[15:50] | I mourn for you, Brother. | 我为你哀悼 哥哥 |
[15:53] | All of these decisions that you seem to make | 你做出所有这些决定 |
[15:55] | and then resent us for. | 然后又对我们心怀怨念 |
[15:57] | Though they do not make you worthy of your family’s respect. | 这些决定让你不配得到家人的尊重 |
[16:00] | They simply make us pity you. | 只会让我们同情你 |
[16:03] | Nothing more. | 仅此而已 |
[16:21] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | 谢谢 |
[16:28] | My word. | 天啊 |
[16:31] | You look so beautiful, my darling. | 你真美 亲爱的 |
[16:50] | Didi? | 姐姐? |
[16:51] | Yes, Bon? | 怎么了 小妹? |
[16:53] | I cannot wear them. | 我不能戴这副手镯 |
[16:55] | They do not belong to me, and I do not want to feel | 它们不属于我 我不想觉得 |
[16:57] | as though I am taking what is rightfully yours. | 我夺走了你应得的东西 |
[17:00] | They were meant for you. | 这是留给你的 |
[17:02] | You should be the one to wear them. | 应该你来戴上 |
[17:11] | They suit you, Kate. | 很适合你呢 凯特 |
[17:17] | It is time, my lady. | 吉时已到 夫人 |
[17:20] | Come. | 来吧 |
[17:22] | Let us put all of the nasty gossip behind us for once and for all. | 我们把那些恶毒的小道消息 都抛诸脑后吧 |
[17:26] | Let us give the ton a wedding to remember, | 给上流社会来一场难忘的婚礼 |
[17:29] | and show them who we truly are. | 让他们记住我们真正的样子 |
[19:59] | Miss Edwina, you look lovely. | 埃德温娜小姐 你真漂亮 |
[20:01] | Thank you, my lord. I am happy you are pleased. | 谢谢 大人 看到您开心 我很高兴 |
[20:04] | Please be seated. | 诸位请就坐 |
[20:09] | Dearly beloved, | 各位亲朋挚友 |
[20:11] | we are gathered together here in the sight of God, | 今天我们欢聚于此 在上帝的见证下 |
[20:14] | and in the face of this congregation, | 在各位亲友面前 |
[20:17] | to join together this man and this woman | 见证两位新人 |
[20:21] | in holy matrimony. | 神圣的婚礼 |
[20:24] | And therefore, it is not by any to be enterprised, | 因此任何人不应激进地 |
[20:27] | nor taken in hand, unadvisedly, lightly, and wantonly, | 肆意地、轻率地、贪婪地 |
[20:31] | to satisfy men’s carnal lusts and appetites, | 去追求人的肉欲和欲望 |
[20:35] | like brute beasts that have no understanding… | 就像没有开悟的野兽那样 |
[20:40] | …but reverently, discreetly, advisedly… | 而应虔诚地、谨慎地、深思熟虑地 清醒地… |
[21:08] | My lord. | 大人 |
[21:12] | My lord. | 大人 |
[21:32] | The archbishop would like you to repeat, my lord, | 大人 大主教希望您跟着他 |
[21:36] | after him. | 重复一遍 |
[21:37] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[21:41] | I, Lord Anthony Bridgerton… | 我安东尼布里杰顿大人… |
[21:52] | Allow me. | 让我来吧 |
[22:12] | Might I continue? | 我可以继续了吗? |
[22:13] | – My apologies. | – My apologies. -抱歉 -抱歉 |
[22:17] | Viscount, repeat after me. | 子爵 跟着我说 |
[22:20] | I… | 我… 我… |
[22:26] | Miss Edwina, are you… | -埃德温娜小姐 |
[22:28] | I need a moment! | 你还好… -我需要点时间! |
[22:51] | – What has happened to my wedding? – The bride seems to have run away, ma’am. | -我的婚礼怎么了? -新娘好像逃走了 夫人 |
[23:08] | Breathe, Edwina. It is just nerves. | 深呼吸 埃德温娜 你只是太紧张了 |
[23:11] | We will call for tea, and once you have something in your stomach, | 我们要些茶 等你胃里有东西了 |
[23:14] | you will be strong enough to go back out there. | 你就有力气回去了 |
[23:16] | The viscount… The viscount will understand, yes, Kate? | 子爵会明白的 是吧 凯特? |
[23:19] | – Kate, perhaps you might find that tea… – It is not tea that I want! | -凯特 或许你可以找人泡些茶… -我想要的不是茶! |
[23:24] | What I want is the truth. | 我想要的是真相 |
[23:27] | Oh. | |
[23:29] | – Suddenly, your words fail you, Sister? – Edwina. Kate. | -姐姐 你突然哑巴了吗? -埃德温娜 凯特 |
[23:32] | – I am not sure what is going on. – I shall tell you what is going on, Mama. | -我不知道这是怎么了 -我来告诉你这是怎么了 母亲 |
[23:34] | After a lifetime of filling my head with nonsense, | 从小到大 我被灌输了一堆废话 |
[23:36] | of all this talk of great, gallant notions and looks between lovers… | 什么勇敢追求真爱 恋人之间的眼神… |
[23:40] | – Edwina… – You have feelings for him! | -埃德温娜… -你对他有感情! |
[23:43] | All this time, you wanted him for yourself. | 一直以来 你都想把他据为己有 |
[23:45] | – No, that is not true. – Oh, you cannot deny it now, Kate. | -不是的 -你现在无可否认 凯特 |
[23:49] | How could I have been such a fool? You lied to me again and again. | 我怎能这么傻呢?你一次次地骗我 |
[23:54] | You told… | 你告诉我 |
[23:56] | You told me. | |
[23:57] | You told me we had put all secrets to rest, but no. | 你告诉我 我们没有秘密了 但事实并非如此 |
[24:01] | The Sheffield inheritance, that was merely the beginning of your deception. | 骗取谢菲尔德家的遗产只是一个开始 |
[24:05] | I fooled myself into believing you had only the purest of intentions, | 我骗自己相信你的意图是纯洁的 |
[24:11] | that your only desire was for me to be happy. | 你唯一的愿望就是让我幸福 |
[24:14] | And you are no one’s fool. That is the truth. | 你没有自欺欺人 这些都是事实 |
[24:19] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗? |
[24:20] | What? | 什么? |
[24:21] | You told me you hated him. | 你跟我说过 你讨厌他 |
[24:24] | But that only meant your feelings… | 但那只能说明你的感情… |
[24:27] | your feelings were strong. | 你的感情很强烈 |
[24:31] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗? |
[24:38] | Edwina, I… | 埃德温娜 我… |
[24:42] | That is enough. | 够了 |
[24:44] | No good can come from this at present. | 现在这样不会有什么好结果的 |
[24:47] | Let us all take a moment to calm ourselves, shall we? | 我们都冷静一下 好吗? |
[24:51] | You have kept so very much from me. | 你居然有那么多事瞒着我 |
[24:55] | Go. Anywhere else, Kate. | 你走吧 去别的地方吧 凯特 |
[25:44] | Does this have anything to do with our dinner | 今天的事情 跟那天晚上 |
[25:46] | with the Sheffields the other evening? | 我们和谢菲尔德夫妇的晚宴 有关系吗? |
[25:48] | Or perhaps some even greater issue has come to pass | 还是有更严重的问题 |
[25:50] | that we must discuss, Anthony? | 需要讨论 安东尼? |
[25:51] | Miss Edwina is merely agitated. She will come to her senses. | 埃德温娜小姐只是有点激动 她会恢复理智的 |
[25:54] | Miss Edwina does seem to have a delicate constitution. | 埃德温娜小姐的体质确实很容易激动 |
[25:57] | – Perhaps fresh air will be just the thing. – Flask. | -呼吸些新鲜空气就好了 -别说了 |
[26:00] | Perhaps the archbishop’s talk of lifelong covenants overwhelmed her. | 或许是大主教的婚礼致辞 让她不知所措了 |
[26:03] | Perhaps she realized that marriage is, in fact, a prison for women. | 或许是她意识到了 婚姻其实是女性的牢笼 |
[26:05] | Ugh. Must you always be so… you? | 你一定要总是…这样吗? |
[26:08] | How else should I be? Married and silent? | 不然我该怎么样呢? 保持沉默 谈婚论嫁吗? |
[26:11] | Perhaps she decided she must change into a different dress. | 或许她只是想换条裙子 |
[26:13] | Absurd. She looked beautiful. | 太荒唐了 她已经很漂亮了 |
[26:15] | Perhaps we should allow Anthony a little respite. | 或许我们应该让安东尼缓缓 |
[26:19] | Brother, is that what you need? | 哥哥 这才是你需要的吧? |
[26:28] | Precisely. | 是的 |
[26:34] | What? | 怎么了? |
[26:35] | – You know something. – I do not. | -你知道些什么 -我没有 |
[26:36] | Daphne, you may be a duchess, but you are still my daughter. | 达芙妮 你可能是公爵夫人 但你还是我的女儿 |
[26:39] | Tell me what you know. | 把你知道的都告诉我 |
[26:49] | A failed wedding with their queen presiding. | 王后主持的婚礼出现问题了 |
[26:53] | As if I needed the embarrassment. | 似乎我需要感到难堪 |
[26:55] | It is not your fault, Your Majesty. | 这不是您的错 陛下 |
[26:57] | Lady Whistledown will make it so. | 维斯道恩女士会这样评论的 |
[27:00] | “Her Majesty has picked poorly,” she will say. | 她会说:“王后陛下的眼光很差” |
[27:03] | My once immaculate taste now questioned. | 我曾经完美的品味现在遭到质疑了 |
[27:07] | Her words carry far too much import for my delicate comfort. | 她的话太重要了 能带给我微妙的安慰 |
[27:12] | Your Majesty, with all due respect, | 陛下 恕我直言 |
[27:14] | we may very well find ourselves in a situation that cannot be salvaged. | 我们可能正处于无法挽回的境地 |
[27:18] | – It would be wise… – Well, it must be salvaged. | -明智的做法… -我们必须力挽狂澜 |
[27:21] | You vouched for this family, did you not, Lady Danbury? | 你为她们家族做过担保 是吧 丹伯里夫人? |
[27:26] | I never would have entertained the thought | 我把钻石淑女的头衔 |
[27:27] | of making Miss Edwina my diamond, let alone arranging this elaborate affair, | 颁给埃德温娜小姐 并精心安排婚礼 |
[27:31] | if it was not for you. | 全都是因为你 |
[27:34] | This is as much your blunder as anyone else’s. | 你跟她们一样罪大恶极 |
[27:37] | You must not forget that. | 你不要忘记这一点 |
[27:39] | Indeed, I will not. | 是的 我不会忘记的 |
[27:45] | Perhaps I may go and find Miss Edwina. | 也许我可以去找埃德温娜小姐 |
[27:49] | Perhaps there is something I can do. | 也许我能做些什么 |
[27:53] | Brimsley. | 布里姆斯利 |
[27:55] | Escort the guests to the gardens and do not allow anyone to leave. | 陪同客人们去花园 不要让任何人离开 |
[27:58] | The nuptials shall resume shortly, and we shall proceed with our plans. | 婚礼很快就会继续举行 我们的计划也要继续下去 |
[28:04] | All of them. | 缺一不可 |
[28:26] | I heard Miss Edwina has not eaten a morsel since the engagement | 我听说埃德温娜小姐自从订婚后 就没吃过东西 |
[28:29] | in order to fit into her dress. | 就为了能穿上婚礼的裙子 |
[28:31] | It’s no wonder she’s been taken ill. | 难怪她病倒了呢 |
[28:33] | I hear the royal physician has brought in leeches to hasten her recovery. | 我听说御医用水蛭 帮她尽快恢复健康呢 |
[28:36] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗? |
[28:38] | Rather embarrassing for Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人太丢脸了 |
[28:39] | And yet far more worrying for us. | 但更值得担心的是 |
[28:41] | What guarantee do the rest of us have | 我们怎么能保证 |
[28:43] | that these other young ladies will not follow the lead of the chit? | 其他年轻女士 不会像无礼的新娘一样落跑呢? |
[28:46] | Jilting their grooms left and right. | 抛弃她们的新郎 |
[28:50] | A rather fortuitous turn of events, my lord. | 真是意外的反转啊 大人 |
[28:53] | Nothing makes the ton come alive like a fresh scandal. | 没什么比新丑闻更能让上流社会 活跃起来了 |
[28:55] | All eyes and ears seem to be open for the freshest detail. | 大家似乎都在关注最新的细节 |
[28:58] | I suppose all we must do now is redirect their attention. | 我想我们现在要做的 就是转移他们的注意力 |
[29:04] | Prudence. | 普鲁登斯 |
[29:07] | Do you wish to insult Lord Featherington | 你不去炫耀这条漂亮的项链 |
[29:09] | by not showing off this beautiful necklace? | 是想羞辱费瑟灵顿大人吗? |
[29:12] | I do not understand why he should care whether I cherish it so. | 我不明白他为什么在乎 我是否珍惜这条项链 |
[29:15] | We are already engaged, and he barely speaks to me. | 我们已经订婚了 而他几乎不跟我说话 |
[29:18] | What sort of engagement is born of silence? | 什么样的订婚是源于沉默啊? |
[29:19] | Do as I say, child. Or would you rather be without any prospects, like Penelope? | 照我说的做 孩子 还是你宁愿 像佩内洛普那样毫无前途? |
[29:23] | – Heaven forbid. – Oh… Come on. | -千万不要 -来吧 |
[29:28] | I’ve given much consideration to what you said. | 我仔细考虑过你说的话了 |
[29:30] | About Mr. Sharpe and his degree of interest. | 考虑过夏尔普先生以及他的兴趣 |
[29:32] | No. El, I did not intend you to think about that. | 没有 小埃 我没让你想这些 |
[29:34] | You should put him out of your mind. | 你应该忘记他 |
[29:38] | I know it is… | 我知道这很奇怪 |
[29:40] | …odd, but I had assumed ours was merely an intellectual bond, | 但我觉得我们只是思想上的共鸣 |
[29:43] | a friendship based in like-minded thought and rigorous conversation. | 那是一种建立在 相同想法和严谨对话基础上的友谊 |
[29:47] | But what if you are right? What if he feels more? | 但如果你是对的呢? 如果他有更多想法呢? |
[29:50] | I never said… El, do you want him to feel more? | 我从没那么说过… 小埃 你希望他有更过想法吗? |
[29:55] | My feelings about his feelings do not matter | 如果我不知道他的真实感受 |
[29:57] | if I do not know for a fact what it is he is feeling. | 那我对他的感受也就不重要了 |
[30:01] | Perhaps you have already gone farther than is wise. | 也许你已经走得太远了 |
[30:04] | Have you not heard of all the trouble that befell Lady Mary | 还记得玛丽夫人 因为嫁给了地位比她低的人 |
[30:06] | because she married beneath her station? | 而遭遇的所有困境吗? |
[30:08] | No one speaks of marriage, Pen. | 没人在说婚姻 佩恩 |
[30:10] | I am speaking of… clarity of thought. | 我说的是清晰的想法 |
[30:14] | – I simply would like to know. – But why? | -我只是想知道真相 -但是为什么呢? |
[30:17] | I can accept certain mysteries. | 我能接受某些谜团 |
[30:19] | I may never know how men came to be considered leaders | 我可能永远无法知道 当女性明显更适合时 |
[30:21] | when women are clearly better suited. | 男性是如何成为领导者的 |
[30:23] | I may never understand why the modiste tortures her own clients | 我可能永远无法理解 女装裁缝为什么要用紧身衣 |
[30:25] | with tight bodices and scratchy fabrics. | 和粗糙的面料 折磨自己的客户 |
[30:27] | I may never even know who is behind Lady Whistledown. | 我可能永远无法知道 维斯道恩女士背后是谁 |
[30:29] | And you could accept such a mystery? | 你能接受这样的谜团吗? |
[30:31] | Of course not, but… those are mysteries I may never solve. | 当然不可以了 但这些谜团我可能永远也解不开了 |
[30:35] | This one with Theo… Mr. Sharpe, I can. | 西奥夏尔普先生的谜团 我是可以解开的 |
[30:38] | But what good will it do? It is not as though you can act on it. | 但有什么好处呢? 这并不说明你可以采取行动 |
[30:42] | I suppose | 我想 |
[30:44] | if I know for sure, it will be a relief. | 如果我能知道真相 那将是一种解脱 |
[30:46] | It is the not knowing that makes it feel like… torment. | 被蒙在鼓里太折磨人了 |
[30:51] | To turn over in your mind the events of a mere conversation. | 在脑海中反复思量简单的谈话 |
[30:54] | To look at all of the evidence and still not be sure. | 看遍所有的证据 还是不能确定 |
[30:56] | It is a pleasing, stimulating, | 这种折磨令人愉快、令人振奋 |
[30:59] | thrilling kind of torment. | 令人激动不已 |
[31:03] | – Have you ever felt that way? – No. | -你有过这种感受吗? -没有 |
[31:04] | I can only imagine such a thing. | 我只能依靠想象 |
[31:07] | Mmm. | |
[31:16] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 |
[31:18] | Lady Mary. | 玛丽夫人 |
[31:20] | I was hoping to speak with Miss Edwina. | 我想跟埃德温娜小姐谈谈 |
[31:27] | Of course. | 可以 |
[31:33] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 |
[31:39] | I am quite certain this delay is rather | 我很肯定 这次婚礼推迟 |
[31:42] | unexpected. | 非常出乎意料 |
[31:43] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[31:44] | But I must ask if it is, in fact, a delay and nothing more? | 但我必须要问 只是推迟而已 没有其他情况吗? |
[31:53] | I am considering what more there may be regarding our courtship | 我正在思考还有什么情况 涉及我们的求婚 |
[31:56] | and those involved with its… interference. | 以及涉及其中的 各种人 |
[31:59] | – I know you may think that we… – Please. | -我知道你可能觉得… -拜托 |
[32:01] | Tell me you did not come here to offer me more lies or half-truths, my lord. | 请您告诉我 您不是来给我更多谎言 或者闪烁其词的 大人 |
[32:06] | At least offer me that. | 至少给我一个痛快 |
[32:11] | I am intent upon this marriage. | 我愿意进行陛下安排的婚姻 |
[32:13] | The very fact that we have arrived at this day with whatever | 尽管有各种干扰 我们还是走到今天了 |
[32:16] | interference there might have been should be proof enough. | 这本身就足以证明了 |
[32:20] | Indeed. | 没错 |
[32:22] | Yet I still wonder whether it is the marriage | 但我还是不知道 您真正想要的 |
[32:25] | or me that you truly want. | 是婚姻呢 还是我呢 |
[32:32] | It is both. | 两者都有 |
[32:35] | Miss Edwina, I have never wavered in my intentions | 埃德温娜小姐 从我们见面的第一刻起 |
[32:38] | since the first moment of our meeting. | 我的意图就从未动摇过 |
[32:39] | It was clear to me then, as it is now, | 我当时就很清楚 现在同样明白 |
[32:41] | that what we share is greater than all else. | 我们的共同点远胜过其他任何东西 |
[32:44] | And what is it that you believe we share? | 您觉得我们的共同点是什么呢? |
[32:46] | Our places. | 我们的身份 |
[32:48] | Our roles. They align. | 我们的角色 它们是一致的 |
[32:51] | I, as the viscount. You, as the diamond. | 我是子爵 你是钻石淑女 |
[32:53] | Neither by our own choice. | 都不是我们自己的选择 |
[32:57] | We are yoked to each other in that respect. | 在这方面 我们彼此相连 |
[33:01] | It is why I never gave up pursuing you, | 所以我从未放弃过追求你 |
[33:03] | even when some thought me a fool to continue. | 即使有些人认为 我继续追你是很愚蠢的行为 |
[33:06] | It is why I was not swayed by the insults of the Sheffields or your lack of a dowry. | 所以面对谢菲尔德夫妇的侮辱 和你缺少嫁妆的事实 我也没有动摇 |
[33:12] | Because… you love me? | 因为…您爱我吗? |
[33:22] | I understand you. | 我理解你 |
[33:25] | I sympathize with you. | 我同情你 |
[33:28] | In a certain light, I am you. | 从某种角度来说 我就是你 |
[33:30] | We do not have the luxury of choice. We cannot escape our roles. | 我们没有选择余地 我们无法逃脱自己的角色 |
[33:33] | But married, | 但是结婚以后 |
[33:36] | we may face these difficulties together. | 我们可以共同面对这些困难 |
[33:43] | And what of my sister? | 那我姐姐呢? |
[33:45] | What role will she play between us in the future? | 她以后会在我们之间扮演什么角色? |
[33:52] | The thorn easily removed from the blossoming flower of our lives. | 我们的生活之花上的尖刺 是很容易去掉的 |
[33:57] | She shall have no place in our future. | 在我们的未来里 不会有她的位置 |
[34:00] | Once we marry, she will return to India, as she wishes. | 我们结婚后 她就会如愿回印度 |
[34:05] | And you and I will be free of her. | 你和我就会摆脱她了 |
[34:07] | And that is what you now wish? | 这就是您现在想要的? |
[34:11] | That is what I now know. | 这就是我现在知道的 |
[34:14] | The great distance between us will only bring you and I closer. | 我们之间的距离 只会让你和我更加亲近 |
[34:17] | But that future is only possible if you decide today… | 但是这样的未来 前提是你今天决定… |
[34:23] | to marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[34:30] | I have been told what my future will look like | 别人总跟我说起 我的未来会是什么样 |
[34:32] | more times than I now wish to admit, my lord. | 次数多到我现在都不愿承认 大人 |
[34:36] | But I am no fool. | 但我不是傻子 |
[34:38] | I know the scandal that would ensue | 我知道如果我们没有继续 |
[34:40] | should the two of us fail to see this through now. | 完成结婚典礼 就会有丑闻发生 |
[34:44] | But I cannot find that reason enough. | 但我找不到足够的理由 |
[34:50] | I require a moment to think. | 我需要一点时间思考 |
[34:52] | Of my future, indeed. | 思考我的未来 |
[34:54] | But only in the way that I might now imagine it. | 但是只能以我现在可能想象的方式 |
[34:56] | You must understand. | 请您理解 |
[34:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[35:03] | Of course I do. | 我当然理解 |
[36:27] | You cannot be here. | 您不能来这里 |
[36:28] | – Miss Sharma… – This is my place of refuge. | -莎尔玛小姐… -这是我的避难所 |
[36:32] | – A closet? – Yes. | -衣帽间吗? -是的 |
[36:33] | It may not be grand, but it met my main requirement | 空间可能不大 但能满足我的主要需求 |
[36:36] | when you were not present. So go and leave me in peace. | 没有您在场 所以您走吧 我想静静 |
[36:41] | We must speak. | 我们必须聊聊 |
[36:42] | – Do you realize how improper this is… – I’ve just met with Miss Edwina. | -您知道这有多不成体统吗? -我刚见过埃德温娜小姐 |
[36:48] | She was harsher than I knew her capable of being. | 她言辞激烈的程度 已经超出我对她的认知 |
[36:51] | Well, you cannot fault her for that. | 您不能怪她 |
[36:54] | I concede I do not know her as well as you do, | 我承认我没有你那么了解她 |
[36:56] | but that is why I am coming to you. You must do something. | 所以我才来找你 你必须做点什么 |
[36:58] | What would you have me do, my lord? | 您想让我怎么做 大人? |
[37:00] | More plotting and scheming to… get her to comply? | 劝她继续顺从您的安排吗? |
[37:04] | It seems my sister has finally become wise to all of it. | 看来我妹妹终于看穿一切了 |
[37:10] | In one way, I should be quite proud. | 在某种程度上 我应该感到骄傲 |
[37:13] | So you intend simply to cease to help her, | 所以你不打算继续帮她了 |
[37:16] | and hide in a closet as she ruins her life? | 你要躲在衣帽间里 看着她毁掉自己的人生? |
[37:20] | I have ruined her life. | 我已经毁掉她的人生了 |
[37:27] | You should not be here. | 您不应该来这里 |
[37:30] | Just, just… | 等… |
[37:40] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[37:58] | Goodbye, my lord. | 再见 大人 |
[38:09] | Lady Danbury. | 丹伯里夫人 |
[38:13] | Whatever are you doing in here? | 您在这里做什么呢? |
[38:15] | I assure you, it is for good reason | 我向您保证 我待在这里 |
[38:18] | that I am in here and not out there. | 没有出去 是有原因的 |
[38:22] | It is unlike you to be off somewhere, hiding. | 您不像是会逃避的人 |
[38:27] | Well, | 好吧 |
[38:28] | we all require a modicum of self-reflection from time to time. | 我们都需要不时地自我反省一下 |
[38:33] | – Do you not think? – Mmm. | 您不觉得吗? |
[38:39] | Lady Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿夫人 |
[38:43] | I must apologize for not sharing | 我必须向您道歉 |
[38:47] | certain information with you. | 有一些信息 我没有与您分享 |
[38:50] | That business between the Sharmas and the Sheffields, well, | 莎尔玛家族 与谢菲尔德夫妇之间的交易 |
[38:53] | it was not my place, but I certainly | 虽然与我无关 但我确实 |
[38:57] | did not wish it to be revealed | 不希望事情在那次晚宴上 |
[38:58] | as it was at that dinner. | 被揭露出来 |
[39:03] | This entire scheme seems to have got out of hand. | 整个计划似乎失控了 |
[39:06] | Indeed it has. | 确实如此 |
[39:09] | Daphne has, uh… | 达芙妮刚刚终于证实了 |
[39:10] | Well, she has finally confirmed something | |
[39:13] | I have been fearing for quite some time. | 一些我一直担心的事情 |
[39:17] | Ah. | |
[39:18] | Something I believe you too have observed, no doubt. | 毫无疑问 我相信您也看出来了 |
[39:26] | Her Majesty | 王后陛下 |
[39:28] | wishes me to repair | 希望我能挽救 |
[39:31] | today’s situation. | 今天的情形 |
[39:33] | And for what may very well be the first time in my life… | 这可能是我人生中第一次… |
[39:40] | I do not know what to do. | 不知道该怎么做 |
[40:02] | Look! Peacocks! | 孔雀! |
[40:04] | Dreadful creatures! | 好可怕的动物! |
[40:06] | They attack, unprovoked. | 它们喜欢无缘无故地攻击别人 |
[40:08] | As if the day could get any more unfortunate. | 好像今天还会更不幸似的 |
[40:12] | You could always tell her that there is nothing to be done. | 您可以随时告诉她 已经无能为力了 |
[40:15] | The Queen of England? | 英国王后吗? |
[40:17] | I would rather go out there and offer my hand to one of those birds. | 我宁愿出去把手伸给那些大鸟 |
[40:22] | It would be less painful. | 都比面见陛下轻松 |
[40:38] | Do you think the bride will return to that altar? | 你觉得新娘会回到圣坛吗? |
[40:42] | There is only one person who can answer that question. | 这个问题只有一个人能回答 |
[40:49] | Hmm. | |
[40:54] | What? | 怎么了? |
[40:57] | – Has Mama… – You seem to know all. | -母亲… -你似乎什么都知道 |
[40:59] | How could I possibly offer any insight of my own? | 我怎么可能说出自己的观点呢? |
[41:04] | She is off, getting some air. | 她走了 想出去透透气 |
[41:22] | Edwina, you must know | 埃德温娜 你要知道 |
[41:25] | I never intended to wound you. | 我从没想过要让你难过 |
[41:27] | I know I should have told you more. | 我知道我应该多告诉你一些 |
[41:29] | I should have told you everything. | 我应该把一切都告诉你 |
[41:33] | Yes. Yes, I once did have feelings for the viscount. | 是的 我曾经对子爵有过感情 |
[41:38] | But they were no match for the love | 但那些感情比不上我对你的爱 |
[41:39] | I had, and continue to have, for you. | 我对你的爱会一直持续下去 |
[41:42] | And you must know I will do everything in my power | 你要知道 我会尽我所能 |
[41:45] | to ensure your happiness. | 来确保你的幸福 |
[41:47] | Including going back to India? | 包括回印度吗? |
[41:49] | That is your solution, is it not? | 这就是你的解决方法 不是吗? |
[41:50] | I wish to make things right. | 我希望能弥补过错 |
[41:52] | My feelings for Lord Bridgerton do not matter anymore. | 我对布里杰顿大人的感情 已经不重要了 |
[41:55] | We do not have a future together. But you… | 我们没有未来的 但是你… |
[41:58] | You, Edwina, were born to be viscountess. | 埃德温娜 你生来就是子爵夫人 |
[42:07] | The viscount said the same. | 子爵也是这么说的 |
[42:09] | I half expect to discover the two of you prepared it ahead of time. | 我还以为你俩提前商量好了 |
[42:15] | I am not too proud to admit when he is right. | 既然他是对的 我也很乐意承认 |
[42:19] | – You deserve this. – Why? | -这是你应得的 -为什么? |
[42:21] | Why me and why not you? | 为什么是我 而不是你呢? |
[42:29] | You view your youth and naïveté as a hindrance, | 你把自己的年轻和天真看做一种阻碍 |
[42:32] | but it has shielded you in many ways. | 但它在很多方面保护了你 |
[42:35] | You do not remember when Appa died, when the world fell out from beneath us. | 你不记得父亲是什么时候过世的 当时生活的根基全都分崩离析 |
[42:40] | And so, to save us from an even worse fate, | 所以为了让我们免于更悲惨的命运 |
[42:42] | I promised I would not consider myself until you and Mama were taken care of. | 我承诺过 在你和妈妈得到照顾之前 我不会为自己考虑 |
[42:47] | I gave what I had without regret, and I would do it again, Bon. | 我不后悔付出自己拥有的一切 而且我会再做一次 小妹 |
[42:51] | I still do it. I give what I have in order to protect you. | 我还要这样做 为了保护你 付出自己拥有的一切 |
[42:59] | Say something, Bon. Anything, please. | 说点什么 小妹 什么都行 求你了 |
[43:04] | I do not know which pains me more. | 我不知道哪个更让我痛苦 |
[43:08] | – Your betrayal or your pity. – Edwina, you are my sister… | -是你的背叛 还是你是同情 -埃德温娜 你是我的妹妹… |
[43:12] | Half-sister. | 同父异母的妹妹 |
[43:16] | What I am, Kate, is a grown woman. | 凯特 我长大了 |
[43:21] | And for the first time in my life, | 这是我人生中第一次 |
[43:23] | I am able to make a decision based on what I would like. | 能够根据自己的意愿做出决定 |
[43:27] | I have already imagined the life I would lead with Lord Bridgerton | 我已经想象过作为子爵夫人 与布里杰顿大人 |
[43:30] | as viscountess at Aubrey Hall. | 在奥布里府的生活了 |
[43:33] | It lives in my own mind, and it is mine to do with as I like. | 这些想象只存在于我的脑海里 任由我的安排 |
[43:37] | So if I choose to marry Anthony, | 所以如果我选择嫁给安东尼 |
[43:40] | it will be because it pleases me and no one else. | 那只是因为我自己愿意 无关他人 |
[43:43] | I need you to understand that. | 我需要你明白这一点 |
[43:47] | If I go through with this wedding, | 就算我去完成婚礼 |
[43:51] | it will have nothing to do with you. | 也与你无关 |
[44:08] | Apparently, it has to do with the honeymoon. | 显然是跟蜜月有关 |
[44:10] | Miss Edwina was not pleased with the rather simple one | 埃德温娜小姐 对布里杰顿大人的简单计划 |
[44:12] | Lord Bridgerton had planned. | 很不满意 |
[44:14] | She is using the delay to negotiate a new itinerary | 她正在利用婚礼推迟的这段时间 商量新的行程 |
[44:16] | that will have the queen’s particular approval. | 新行程将得到王后陛下的特别批准 |
[44:27] | It appears Miss Edwina is far more cunning than we have given credit. | 看来埃德温娜小姐 比我们想象的要狡猾得多 |
[44:31] | – Gentlemen. – Come now, Featherington. | -先生们 -快说嘛 费瑟灵顿 |
[44:33] | There’s a more appropriate venue for the discussion of business. | 还有比这里更适合谈生意的地方吧? |
[44:36] | We thought you might be coy, Featherington. | 我们觉得您有点腼腆 费瑟灵顿 |
[44:38] | Now, are these mines as profitable as we are hearing? | 那些矿山依旧像我们听说的 那么赚钱吗? |
[44:41] | I did not make the journey across the Atlantic for pennies. | 我横渡大西洋可不是为了蝇头小利 |
[44:43] | If there’s interest, I can send word to my men on the ground in Georgia. | 如果大家有兴趣 我可以传信给我在格鲁吉亚的人 |
[44:47] | – Very good. – Indeed. | -很好 -没错 |
[44:48] | And do these men work for you, Featherington? | 这些人是您的手下吗 费瑟灵顿? |
[44:51] | Why, of course. | 当然 怎么了 |
[44:52] | Then why send word to your workers if the investment is, in fact, yours? | 如果您是投资人 那为什么还要传信给您的工人呢? |
[44:55] | Because I must write to my men to obtain the latest report. | 因为我必须写信给我的人 取得最新的报告 |
[45:00] | Wise investors would like to know if it is rubies or amethysts | 明智的投资者会想知道 |
[45:04] | that we are finding more of these days. | 我们最近发现了更多的红宝石 还是紫水晶 |
[45:06] | Mr. Mondrich, I must ask about this social club of yours. | 尼基蒙德里奇先生 我必须问问你社交俱乐部的情况 |
[45:11] | An admirable endeavor, if not rather surprising. | 称不上出人意料 也算是令人钦佩的尝试啊 |
[45:14] | What can a boxer know about running a business? | 拳击手对生意上的事能了解多少呢? |
[45:18] | About as much as a gentleman knows about mining. | 跟一位绅士对采矿的了解差不多 |
[45:25] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[45:35] | Come in. | 进来 |
[45:39] | – Have you yet come to any agreements? – Almost. | -您和他们达成协议了吗? -差不多了 |
[45:42] | You must know time is of the essence, my lord. | 您要知道 时间紧迫 大人 |
[45:44] | Who knows how long this wedding will be delayed? | 谁知道这场婚礼会推迟多久? |
[45:47] | We may never again have such an engaged audience. | 我们可能再也找不到 这么积极的观众了 |
[45:49] | You must leave it with me. | 交给我吧 夫人 |
[45:50] | We must be careful not to attract too much attention. | 我们必须要小心 不要引起太多关注 |
[45:54] | This opportunity must appear for the chosen few. Not to mention, | 机会只能给少数几个人 更不用说 |
[45:57] | we cannot risk snaring those who would bring scandal outweighing any profit. | 我们不能冒险引诱那些 会带来丑闻而非利润的人 |
[46:01] | I think it best we concentrate our attentions on members of the ton | 我认为我们最好把注意力集中在 上流社会的那些人身上 |
[46:04] | who are not particularly beloved and whose regard matters little. | 他们不是特别受人爱戴 受到的关注也少 |
[46:07] | And who would make that list? | 谁会出现在名单上呢? |
[46:09] | The Cowpers, the Clarksons, the Gorings, the Wallaces… | 考珀家族 克拉克森家族 戈灵家族 华莱士家族… |
[46:13] | Perhaps the better question is, and who would not make that list? | 或许我应该问 谁不会出现在名单上呢? |
[46:20] | The Bridgertons, I suppose. | 我想是布里杰顿家族吧 |
[46:21] | They are on the verge of enough scandal today all on their own. | 他们家今天的丑闻已经够多了 |
[46:24] | Well, they do seem liked well enough. | 看来他们确实很受欢迎 |
[46:26] | Do not mistake this decision for fondness. It is pure strategy. | 不要认为这种决定是出于喜好 这纯粹是策略 |
[46:29] | I’d never think you had affections for another. | 我从没想过你会喜欢别人 |
[46:31] | It’d make me far too jealous, my lady. | 那会让我嫉妒死的 夫人 |
[46:32] | Save your charms for the investors. | 留着您的魅力去吸引投资人吧 |
[46:34] | Why? I have plenty to spare. | 为什么?我还有很多呢 |
[46:36] | My lord, your lies are wasted on me. | 大人 您的谎言放在我身上浪费了 |
[46:40] | I do not need to lie. | 我不需要撒谎的 |
[46:41] | You are far too cunning to fall prey to that, are you not? | 你太狡猾了 不会上当的 不是吗? |
[46:45] | You and I see the truth. | 我们看到了真相 |
[46:47] | That is why this is such a promising partnership. | 所以才会形成 这种非常有前途的伙伴关系 |
[46:51] | I see you for the capable woman you are. | 我认为你是一个能干的女人 |
[46:55] | My cousin was a fool about many things | 我表哥在很多事情上都很傻 |
[46:59] | but none greater than in leaving this world | 但最傻的一点莫过于 直到他过世 |
[47:01] | knowing he had a brilliant wife still in it. | 都不知道他有那么聪明的妻子 |
[47:08] | We must | 我们必须 |
[47:11] | return to the gardens before we are missed. | 回到花园 免得错过机会 |
[47:15] | After you. | 你先请 |
[47:26] | I must thank Your Majesty for such a splendid event. | 陛下 我必须感谢您 筹办如此盛大的婚礼活动 |
[47:29] | Every detail. It simply takes one’s breath away and… | 细节精益求精 美到令人窒息… |
[47:33] | While I quite enjoy the adulation, Lady Bridgerton, | 虽然我很享受你的奉承 布里杰顿夫人 |
[47:37] | unless you are here to tell me that your son and his bride | 但除非你是来告诉我 你儿子和他的新娘 |
[47:40] | are at present standing at that altar, I simply do not have the time. | 现在正站在圣坛前 否则我实在没有时间听你说话 |
[47:44] | For this wedding to fail is unacceptable. | 这场婚礼最终失败 我是不能接受的 |
[47:48] | Lady Danbury, what have you to say? | 丹伯里夫人 你有什么话要说? |
[47:50] | As always, Your Majesty, I am humbled | 陛下 您的慷慨大度 |
[47:52] | by your generosity of spirit. | 让我一如既往地深受感动 |
[47:55] | Though, uh… | 不过… |
[47:58] | Though… | |
[48:00] | It is unlike you to lose your words, Lady Danbury. | 一时语塞不是你的风格 丹伯里夫人 |
[48:04] | Though it pains us so, | 虽然我们很难过 |
[48:06] | both Lady Bridgerton and I are in agreement | 但我和布里杰顿夫人都认为 |
[48:09] | that it is up to Miss Edwina to decide her fate. | 应该由埃德温娜小姐来决定她的命运 |
[48:13] | Well. | 好吧 |
[48:14] | I did not realize the diamond outweighed the Crown. | 我没想到钻石淑女比王后还重要呢 |
[48:18] | It does not, Your Majesty. | 不是这样的 陛下 |
[48:20] | Pardon our interruption, Your Majesty. | 请原谅我们的打扰 陛下 |
[48:22] | It is noted. | 没关系 |
[48:24] | To be sure. | 哎呀 |
[48:26] | I do hope my efforts today have not been wasted. | 我希望我今天的努力没有白费 |
[48:28] | It has not been a waste, Your Majesty. | 绝对没有白费 陛下 |
[48:32] | But rather further proof of the love you have for your people, ma’am. | 反而更加证明您对子民的热爱 陛下 |
[48:35] | Miss Edwina and I come before you humbly now | 我和埃德温娜小姐 谦卑地来到您的面前 |
[48:38] | in recognition of all that you… | 感谢您所做的一切… |
[48:40] | Is there not a person alive who can think of something else to say to their queen | 难道世间就没有人 能对自己的王后说点其他的话了吗? |
[48:43] | other than sheer flattery? | 全都只会恭维 |
[48:47] | It is the obvious choice. | 这是显而易见的选择 |
[48:50] | Child. | 孩子 |
[48:51] | Are you here to tell me you are going to marry him or not? | 你是来告诉我 你要不要嫁给他吗? |
[49:00] | Did you see them? | 你们看到了吗? |
[49:02] | – Your Majesty. | – Your Majesty. -国王陛下 -国王陛下 |
[49:04] | The fireworks? | 看见烟火了吗? |
[49:05] | They were brilliant! | 简直太美了! |
[49:08] | Will there be more? | 还会有吗? |
[49:11] | Oh, dear. It seems… | 亲爱的 看来… |
[49:13] | It seems I am late for the ceremony. | 看来我参加婚礼迟到了 |
[49:16] | My king. | 我的国王 |
[49:18] | Someone. Can someone come and assist? | 来人呀 有人能过来帮忙吗? |
[49:21] | I didn’t mean to keep you waiting, Lottie. | 我不是故意让你等待的 夏洛特 |
[49:24] | My bride. My… My beautiful bride. | 我的新娘 我美丽的新娘 |
[49:27] | Um, but where is the archbishop | 但是…大主教和我们的教众 |
[49:30] | and-and-and-and our congregation? | 都在哪里呢? |
[49:36] | George. | 乔治 |
[49:37] | She is radiant, is she not? | 她魅力四射 是吧? |
[49:41] | What are they, uh… | 他们… |
[49:42] | What… What are they doing? | 他们在做什么? |
[49:44] | Stop! Leave! Leave me! Leave me! | 住手! 走开!别碰我! |
[49:47] | Lottie… | 夏洛特… |
[49:58] | She will make a most excellent queen, | 她会成为最优秀的王后 |
[50:01] | Your Majesty. | 国王陛下 |
[50:05] | I hear the two of you faced many trials | 我听说您二位在恋爱期间 |
[50:09] | during your happy courtship. | 遇到过很多考验 |
[50:12] | But today… | 但是今天… |
[50:16] | Today will make all of it well worth it, will it not? | 今天会让一切变得值得 不是吗? |
[50:22] | Why… yes. | 这个…是吧 |
[50:24] | Then perhaps you might find your rest, Your Majesty, | 也许您可以先休息一下 国王陛下 |
[50:28] | before you both rule this kingdom | 以后您二位可以 |
[50:30] | with the kind of love, compassion, and kindness | 用热爱、怜悯和仁慈统治这个王国 |
[50:34] | the two of you undoubtedly share. | 毫无疑问 这是您二位共有的 |
[50:42] | My queen. | 我的王后 |
[51:05] | Oh, Edwina… | 埃德温娜… |
[51:38] | A celebratory drink? | 庆祝的小酒吗? |
[51:40] | Have you succeeded already, Colin? | 你成功了吗 科林? |
[51:42] | Only if whatever I am looking for can be found at the bottom of this flask. | 除非我要找的东西 能在这个酒瓶上找到 |
[51:45] | I am certain you will find your purpose one day. | 我相信 总有一天 你会找到你的目标的 |
[51:47] | Everyone must eventually. | 每个人最终都要找到的 |
[51:49] | – Have you found yours? – Of course not. | -你找到了吗? -当然没有 |
[51:52] | But I imagine it to be something both animating and satisfying. | 但我想会是 既有活力又让人满足的东西 |
[51:58] | The type of venture that speaks not to who I am | 这种冒险不为表明我是谁 |
[52:00] | but rather who I am to be. | 而是要体现我将成为谁 |
[52:04] | My purpose will challenge me to be brave and witty. | 我的目标将激励我变得更加勇敢机智 |
[52:07] | My purpose will propel me | 我的目标将驱使我 |
[52:09] | far beyond the watchful glare of my mama. | 远远逃离我母亲的警惕目光 |
[52:12] | My purpose | 我的目标 |
[52:14] | shall set me free. | 会让我自由 |
[52:17] | What could possibly measure up to all that? | 有什么目标能满足这些呢? |
[52:21] | Your dreams are grander than you let on, Pen. | 你的梦想比你表现出来的 要更加伟大 佩恩 |
[52:24] | Yes, they are mere fantasies, but | 是的 那些只是幻想 但是呢 |
[52:28] | I do believe we must allow ourselves those private moments | 我相信我们必须给自己一些私人时间 |
[52:32] | so we may face reality armed with our reveries. | 让我们可以用幻想来面对现实 |
[52:38] | Lady Crane was right about you. | 克雷恩夫人对你的评价没有错 |
[52:40] | Lady Crane? | 克雷恩夫人? |
[52:42] | What did she say? | 她说什么了? |
[52:44] | That you cared for me. | 说你关心我 |
[52:46] | That you would never forsake me. | 说你永远不会抛弃我 |
[52:50] | I am beginning to believe that now. | 我现在开始相信了 |
[53:02] | It appears we had better nab a piece of cake before it’s all gone. | 看来我们最好趁早拿块蛋糕吃 免得被拿光了 |
[53:19] | El? | 小埃? |
[53:21] | – El, whatever are you… – I’ve made a decision to visit Theo now. | -小埃 无论你… -我已经决定现在去找西奥了 |
[53:25] | Eloise, it is your brother’s wedding. People will notice. | 埃洛伊斯 这是你哥哥的婚礼 人们会注意到的 |
[53:27] | This is why no one will. | 所以大家才不会注意我 |
[53:28] | Everyone is worried about Anthony and Miss Edwina. They’ll hardly miss me. | 大家都在想着 安东尼和埃德温娜小姐不会留意我的 |
[53:31] | Because an opportunity presents itself does not mean you should take it. | 有机会出现 并不意味着必须把握机会 |
[53:34] | There are other things to do. Have you seen the peacocks? | 肯定还有其他事情要做的 你去看孔雀了吗? |
[53:36] | It is vexing to think only of his thoughts when I should be thinking of my own. | 当我应该考虑自己的想法时 我都在考虑他的想法 真是令人烦恼 |
[53:40] | I… | 我… |
[53:42] | – I do not know what to say. – Say nothing. | -我不知道该说什么了 -什么都别说 |
[53:44] | That is all I ask. | 我的要求仅此而已 |
[53:46] | I am only telling you now because you are my friend, | 我现在告诉你 是因为你是我的朋友 |
[53:48] | and I do not wish for secrets to set us apart. | 我不希望秘密影响我们的友谊 |
[54:23] | – Do you like that one? – Your Majesty, I… | 你喜欢吗? 陛下 我… |
[54:26] | I wore it for His Majesty’s golden jubilee. | 这是我在国王登基50周年庆典的首饰 |
[54:29] | Here. | 给你 |
[54:32] | – Oh, I could not possibly… – Yes, you could. | -我不能… -你可以的 |
[54:43] | Miss Edwina. | 埃德温娜小姐 |
[54:45] | I chose you as the season’s diamond for a reason. | 我选择你当本季的钻石淑女 是有原因的 |
[54:49] | Yes, you possess great beauty, but | 没错 你很美丽动人 但是 |
[54:52] | you made an impression. | 你当时让我印象深刻 |
[54:55] | You still do. And you still can. | 现在依旧如此 你依旧可以做到 |
[54:58] | Even after all the confusion of the day. | 即使经历了一整天的混乱 |
[55:01] | And after, most especially, | 尤其是你见到了 |
[55:03] | all that has been witnessed in private. | 那些私下见到的事情 |
[55:06] | All that I have witnessed, ma’am, is the love a king shares with his queen, | 陛下 我所看到的 是国王和王后之间的爱意绵绵 |
[55:11] | and nothing more. | 仅此而已 |
[55:13] | I should certainly not find the proper words to discuss it | 我肯定无法找到合适的词汇 来讨论这件事 |
[55:16] | even if given a million lifetimes to do so. | 即使有无穷无尽的时间让我寻找 |
[55:18] | Hmm. | |
[55:20] | The challenge of the Crown is that it is tangible. | 王冠的挑战在于它是有形的 |
[55:24] | It is a physical reminder of the position. | 明摆着提醒你 自己所处的位置 |
[55:27] | It is why, say, Lady Whistledown circulates her pamphlets | 这就是为什么维斯道恩女士 会四处传播八卦报纸 |
[55:30] | instead of trading in whispered rumor. | 而不是私下散布谣言 |
[55:32] | A whisper is relevant for only as long as it is spoken, | 耳语只有在说出来的时候才有意义 |
[55:34] | but a paper represents more. | 但报纸就更加意味深长了 |
[55:37] | Its physical form grants permanence. | 有形的物质形态使其影响深远 |
[55:40] | The same cannot be said of true love, of course. | 当然 真爱并非如此 |
[55:43] | It changes. It forgets. | 真爱会改变 会遗忘 |
[55:46] | It forces you to remember who you once were. | 会使你回忆起自己曾经的样子 |
[55:50] | And it forces you to choose how you will live with it, | 迫使你选择如何接受现实 |
[55:52] | again and again. | 反复如此 |
[55:55] | How does one make that choice? | 人们要如何做出那种选择呢? |
[55:59] | That, I cannot dictate. | 那是我也无法支配的 |
[56:03] | I am your queen, | 我是你的王后 |
[56:06] | but I suppose even I must recognize the importance of each person deciding | 但看来即使是我 也必须认识到在面对真爱时 |
[56:09] | what to do in the face of true love. | 每个人都应当自行决定如何应对 |
[56:13] | Everyone deserves to make that choice | 每个人都应该自己做出选择 |
[56:15] | just as everyone deserves to feel its power. | 就像每个人都应该感受到真爱的力量 |
[56:19] | But one must know… | 但是必须要知道… |
[56:23] | it is the hardest and greatest choice one can ever make. | 这是一生中最艰难和最伟大的选择 |
[56:30] | It is a distinctly human act to marry. | 结婚是人类特有的行为 |
[56:40] | Animals require no contracts or dowries. | 动物不需要婚约或嫁妆 |
[56:53] | The hen and the rooster make no vows. | 母鸡和公鸡不需要婚礼誓言 |
[57:22] | You sent word for me? | 你给我捎口信了? |
[57:24] | I thought you sent word for me. | 我以为是您给我捎口信了 |
[57:39] | I have made my decision. | 我已经决定了 |
[57:41] | I thought it best you both hear it from me. | 我觉得最好由我来告诉你们 |
[57:43] | Edwina, we should speak in private. | 埃德温娜 我们应该私下谈谈 |
[57:46] | I cannot marry you, Lord Bridgerton. | 我不能嫁给您了 布里杰顿大人 |
[57:50] | You cannot provide me with what it is that I want. | 您无法给予我 我想要的东西 |
[57:54] | What it is that I deserve. | 我应得的东西 |
[57:57] | What everyone deserves. | 所有人应得的东西 |
[58:01] | I may not know exactly what true love feels like | 我可能不知道真爱是什么样的 |
[58:03] | but I certainly know what it is not. | 但我知道真爱不是什么样的 |
[58:07] | It is not deception, | 真爱不是欺骗 |
[58:10] | or wandering eyes, | 也不是眼神游离 |
[58:12] | or a role to be fulfilled. | 也不是一个需要履行的角色 |
[58:16] | I cannot marry you because I cannot betray myself. | 我不能嫁给您 因为我不能背叛自己 |
[58:21] | You will never meet my eyes in the same manner | 您看我的眼神 永远不可能变成 |
[58:23] | that you met my sister’s on that altar today. You will never… | 今天在圣坛上看我姐姐那样 您永远不可能… |
[58:29] | You will never look at me the same way. | 您永远不会用那种眼神看我 |
[58:38] | You say you have spent your life trying to give me everything I lacked, | 你说自己终其一生 都在努力弥补我的缺失 |
[58:42] | but really, you simply gave me everything you really wanted for yourself, | 但是你给我的 其实只是你自己想要的 |
[58:47] | as though my life were not my own. | 就好像我的生命不属于我 |
[58:49] | I did not ask for any of it, Kate. | 那些都不是我要求的 凯特 |
[58:54] | So, today, | 所以今天 |
[58:55] | I can be sure that what I leave behind is not my loss. | 我可以确定 我抛弃的东西不是我的损失 |
[58:59] | It is yours. | 而是你的损失 |
[59:01] | Your dream, your plan, your feelings that I had merely borrowed. | 你的梦想 你的计划 你的感受 终究非我所有 |
[59:07] | Today, | 今天 |
[59:09] | you have lost your power, | 你已不再能影响我了 |
[59:12] | while I have made up my own mind. | 我也已经下定决心 |
[59:16] | And that is victory enough for me. | 对我来说 这已经是胜利了 |
[59:30] | Leave it to people to complicate matters | 任由人们把结婚复杂化吧 |
[59:34] | with their ceremonies and their cakes. | 准备仪式 安排蛋糕 |
[59:37] | Is it not a wonder that anyone marries at all? | 竟然还有人结婚 很不可思议吧? |
[59:40] | It is not as if Miss Edwina could do any better than the viscount. | 埃德温娜小姐找不到 比子爵更好的人了 |
[59:44] | Perhaps it is for that very reason she changed her mind. | 也许这正是她改变主意的原因 |
[59:47] | She knows she is not worthy of him. | 她知道自己配不上他 |
[59:48] | Or perhaps we might judge the viscount anew. | 或许我们得重新评判子爵 |
[59:51] | Perhaps Miss Edwina discovered something the rest of us might wish to know of too. | 也许埃德温娜小姐发现了 一些我们其他人也想知道的事情 |
[1:00:01] | – Oh, Your Grace. – Duchess. | -夫人 -公爵夫人 |
[1:00:03] | – Shall we make our way home, Mama? – I believe we shall. | -我们回家吗 妈妈? -我想是的 |
[1:00:07] | Indeed, some may call a wedding the ultimate act of faith. | 确实 有些人会说 |
[1:00:13] | While others would venture | 婚礼是真爱的终极体现 也有人大胆表示 |
[1:00:15] | that it is the ultimate act of fools. | 婚礼是愚蠢的终极体现 |
[1:00:20] | You’ve come quite a long way to ask me something, so go on. | 你大老远跑来问我事情 那就问吧 |
[1:00:25] | I have thoughts. | 我有一些想法 |
[1:00:27] | I can see how that might pose a problem for someone in your world. | 对你们世界里的某些人来说 有想法可能确实是问题 我能理解 |
[1:00:31] | – Thoughts I would like to share… – with you. | 我是想跟你…分享一些想法 |
[1:00:34] | And are you not sharing them now? | 那你还不打算说吗? |
[1:00:36] | What I am failing to say is that often, | 有些难以启齿 |
[1:00:40] | when I read something new or | 当我读到新东西时 |
[1:00:43] | interesting or provoking, | 或者是有趣或令人深省的东西 |
[1:00:47] | it is you who crosses my mind. | 我的脑海里都会闪过你 |
[1:00:49] | It is you I would like to speak with about those thoughts. | 我会想跟你谈谈我的想法 |
[1:00:57] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[1:01:00] | Uh… | |
[1:01:01] | And so I am wondering if | 所以我想知道 |
[1:01:04] | you might also have thoughts of me | 当你思考的时候 |
[1:01:06] | when you think. | 是否也会想到我 |
[1:01:25] | I have read all of these. | 这些我都读过了 |
[1:01:30] | And? | 然后呢? |
[1:01:32] | And… | 然后… |
[1:01:34] | I set them aside for you. | 我都为你留下来了 |
[1:01:38] | I thought perhaps you might | 我想也许你读完以后 |
[1:01:41] | share your thoughts on them. | 也许能跟我讲讲你的想法 |
[1:01:48] | Eagerly awaiting two words. | 急切地等待那句话 |
[1:01:52] | “I do.” | “我愿意” |
[1:01:53] | Bride and groom declare intention alone, | 新娘和新郎只是宣布意向 |
[1:01:57] | with no guarantee of happiness. | 并不能保证幸福 |
[1:02:03] | All is not lost today, ma’am. I have received word. | 今天并非一无是处 陛下 我收到一条消息 |
[1:02:07] | It had better be a worthy distraction. | 最好足以让我分散注意力 |
[1:02:10] | Our trap for Lady Whistledown has indeed produced a result. | 我们追踪的维斯道恩女士陷阱 确实产生效果了 |
[1:02:19] | Marriage amounts to little more than human ritual. | 婚姻只不过是一种人类的仪式 |
[1:02:24] | We may not force the rooster or hen, yet we continue to collect eggs. | 我们不会强迫公鸡或母鸡 但我们会继续捡收鸡蛋 |
[1:02:30] | Does that make us more complicated, | 这会让我们变得更加复杂呢 |
[1:02:32] | or simply too stubborn to believe that we must orchestrate | 还是会让我们固执地认为 我们必须依顺 |
[1:02:37] | what nature has already ordained? | 自然界已经安排好的事情? |
[1:02:42] | I suppose we ought to go. | 我想我们该走了 |
[1:02:48] | Lord Bridgerton? | 布里杰顿大人? |
[1:02:54] | Your sister is braver and wiser than us both. | 你妹妹比我们都勇敢聪明 |
[1:02:57] | She had the courage to act on what she sensed between us. | 她感受到我们之间的情愫后 还有勇气去面对 |
[1:03:00] | And here we are, | 而我们站在这里 |
[1:03:01] | standing perfectly still… | 僵在原地… |
[1:03:05] | having felt it for months. | 已经拖延数月 |
[1:03:09] | I stand here… | 我站在这里… |
[1:03:13] | because the moment we go… | 是因为当我们迈出那一步… |
[1:03:18] | the moment we step foot outside those doors… | 当我们踏出那些大门… |
[1:03:25] | we face the truth. | 我们就要面对真相了 |
[1:03:26] | Of our situations? | 面对我们的境遇 |
[1:03:28] | Of our failures. | 面对我们的失败 |
[1:03:30] | We have indeed failed, my lord. | 我们确实失败了 大人 |
[1:03:32] | Of our duties. | 没有尽到我们的职责 |
[1:03:35] | Of our responsibilities. | 没有担负我们的责任 |
[1:03:37] | We have failed at it all. | 我们全都失败了 |
[1:03:41] | So forgive me | 所以请原谅我 |
[1:03:43] | if it is now my wish… | 如果我的愿望是… |
[1:03:48] | to suspend time. | 拖延时间 |
[1:03:50] | To delay the inevitable. | 推迟不可避免的事情 |
[1:03:52] | To for a mere moment, | 寻求片刻安宁 |
[1:03:55] | not think of what comes next. | 不去想接下来会发生什么 |
[1:04:00] | To wait. | 只是去等待 |
[1:04:16] | Goodbye, my lord. | 再见 我的大人 |