| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:21] | If the Ancient Greeks were members of the ton, | 如果古希腊人进入英国上流社会 | 
| [00:25] | they might have added to their Olympic pentathlon | 奥林匹克的五项全能可能就要 | 
| [00:27] | one additional event. | 多出一项运动了 | 
| [00:30] | The hosting of a country visit. | 主办乡间巡猎 | 
| [00:34] | This, of course, is the week of Lady Bridgerton’s | 当然 布里杰顿夫人的年度心芳舞会 | 
| [00:37] | annual Hearts and Flowers Ball, | 将在本周举行 | 
| [00:40] | the year’s most coveted invitation in the country, | 这是年度最受期待的乡间盛会 | 
| [00:44] | and no event better designed | 也是对东道主实力与魄力 | 
| [00:46] | to show the might and mettle of its host. | 最为充分的展示 | 
| [00:50] | Miss Patridge requires large amounts of sugar for her morning tea, | 帕特里奇小姐喝早茶需要很多糖 | 
| [00:53] | and Lord Abernathy, he will refuse to eat | 艾伯纳西大人不吃 | 
| [00:56] | any meat that is not well-cooked, | 夹生的肉 | 
| [00:58] | while Lady Abernathy will only consume her meat bloody, I am told. | 而艾伯纳西夫人据说只吃带血的肉 | 
| [01:02] | And make sure you put an extra blanket on Lord Weston’s bed. | 记得在韦斯顿大人的床上 多铺一条毯子 | 
| [01:06] | I hear he feels the cold. | 听说他怕冷 | 
| [01:08] | The roses and carnations have arrived, ma’am. | 夫人 玫瑰和康乃馨送到了 | 
| [01:10] | You may wish to add in lilac, Mama. Symbolic of first love. | 妈妈 最好加点紫丁香 它象征初恋 | 
| [01:15] | And perhaps make the bouquets even bigger. | 花束再弄大点也未尝不可 | 
| [01:19] | I have taught you well. | 你深得我精髓 | 
| [01:21] | If there is truly to be a proposal | 如果本周内安东尼真的要求婚 | 
| [01:23] | before the week is out, Anthony will need all the help he can get. | 那我们必须竭尽所能帮他 | 
| [01:26] | Hmm. Right. | 好了 | 
| [01:33] | I was painting that. | 我正画那颗果子呢 | 
| [01:36] | Do you think all of this was a mistake? | 这么早就把莎尔玛母女请来 | 
| [01:39] | This business of inviting the Sharmas out early? | 你说我是不是在瞎折腾? | 
| [01:42] | It has made the whole affair so fraught with difficulty. | 感觉一下子骑虎难下了 | 
| [01:44] | The whole marriage-mart business seems entirely too difficult to me. | 婚姻市场那些事我完全应付不来 | 
| [01:47] | But if one must participate in it, why not do it… | 但如果某些人执意要去 那何不… | 
| [01:56] | in the fresh air? | 到户外进行呢? | 
| [02:09] | Didi? | 姐姐? | 
| [02:11] | Is it the sting? | 是蜇伤吗? | 
| [02:12] | What? Whatever do you mean? | 嗯?你说什么呀? | 
| [02:14] | Is it still bothering you? | 还难受吗? | 
| [02:17] | It seems ever since the awful creature pricked you, | 自从你被那讨厌的小东西蜇了以后 | 
| [02:20] | you’ve been keeping to yourself. | 感觉你都不爱说话了 | 
| [02:21] | No. | 没那回事 | 
| [02:22] | No, not at all, Bon. | 小妹 | 
| [02:24] | And, uh, how are you? | 那你怎么样? | 
| [02:25] | Are you… Are you still feeling upset by the viscount’s lack of action? | 还在为子爵有欠主动心烦意乱吗? | 
| [02:29] | His mind seems elsewhere lately. | 最近他的心思好像不在我身上 | 
| [02:32] | I thought I’d be announcing an engagement at tomorrow night’s ball. | 本以为我会在明晚的舞会上 宣布订婚呢 | 
| [02:35] | We return to Mayfair in a few days, | 我们过几天就回梅菲尔了 | 
| [02:37] | where there will be many other suitors, | 到时肯定还会有很多追求者 | 
| [02:40] | as I told you. | 正如我之前所说 | 
| [02:41] | Suitors who will only suspect that there is something lacking in me | 可如果他们发现 子爵已经对我没了兴趣 | 
| [02:43] | when they discover the viscount is no longer interested. | 肯定会怀疑是不是我有所欠缺 | 
| [02:46] | Bon… | 小妹… | 
| [02:47] | He is the one I want, Kate. | 凯特 我想要的是他 | 
| [02:50] | The viscount. | 是子爵 | 
| [02:51] | His family, this home, the life he offers me. | 他的亲人 这个家 以及他许诺我的生活 | 
| [03:00] | I’ve been thinking, and… | 我思考了很久… | 
| [03:03] | I am now quite certain I know why he has not yet made his declaration. | 我基本已经知道他为何迟迟没有表示 | 
| [03:07] | It is because of you. | 是因为你 | 
| [03:11] | You hate one another. | 你们相互仇恨 | 
| [03:17] | Uh, hate is probably too strong a word. | 说仇恨有点太夸张了 | 
| [03:19] | It is clear from your exchanges with the viscount that he shares your feelings. | 听你们交谈就知道 他对你也有同感 | 
| [03:23] | All this time, I thought I needed | 我一直以为 我需要你配合 | 
| [03:26] | your help getting him to fall in love with me. | 让他喜欢我 | 
| [03:29] | But I have realized | 现在我明白了 | 
| [03:32] | what I need is your help getting him to fall in love with you. | 我需要你配合 让他喜欢你 | 
| [03:37] | Edwina, I certainly can’t… | 埃德温娜 我真的不… | 
| [03:39] | Can you really not see anything engaging about him? | 你真的在他身上 看不到任何动人之处? | 
| [03:42] | Yes. I suppose I can see how he might engage | 有 我想 我能看得出他 | 
| [03:46] | a person. Yes. | 如何动人 | 
| [03:49] | Then you’ll still help me encourage him to propose? | 那你也能配合我 鼓励他求婚咯? | 
| [03:52] | Because I have not given up. | 因为我还没有放弃 | 
| [03:54] | I will not give up. | 我不会放弃的 (德拉克洛瓦夫人 | 
| [04:55] | It is hotter than a pepper patch out here in the country. | 女装店) 乡下比辣椒地还热 | 
| [04:58] | I do not believe it is any hotter here than it is in London. We are simply stuck. | 这里跟伦敦差不多 车子走不动了而已 | 
| [05:02] | – What is the delay? – I’m sure someone lost an axle. | -什么事情耽搁了? -肯定是谁家马车轴断了 | 
| [05:07] | Oh, there’s the Cowper carriage just ahead of us. | 考珀家的马车就在前面 | 
| [05:17] | Walk on. | 走啦 | 
| [05:19] | Finally. | 终于 | 
| [05:30] | Welcome. Lovely to see you again. | 欢迎光临 很高兴再次见到你们 | 
| [05:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [05:39] | I fear I still hardly know the lady my brother is planning to marry. | 我还不太了解 哥哥打算娶的那位小姐 | 
| [05:43] | I fear he hardly knows her either. | 怕是他自己都不太了解 | 
| [05:45] | Though something tells me that is how your brother would like it to remain. | 但我总感觉 | 
| [05:49] | Mm. Well, perhaps I should get to know her for him. | 你哥哥宁愿如此 那我不妨替他了解一下 | 
| [05:55] | Oh, Pen! Oh, you are finally here. | 小佩!你终于来了 | 
| [05:58] | With only my own family to speak to, I’ve begun talking to the trees. | 周围全都是我家的人 我都开始跟树说话了 | 
| [06:01] | – Is she calling me wooden? – I don’t think so. | -她是在说我木讷吗? -没有吧 | 
| [06:02] | I could call him worse. | 已经是抬举你了 | 
| [06:03] | Is there not another pamphlet on women’s rights to read somewhere? | 难道就没有别的女权手册可读吗? | 
| [06:07] | – El is quite done with that. – She has brought one with her here. | -小埃已经读过了吧? -她还带了一本来 | 
| [06:10] | Prepare yourself for many a quotation, Pen. | 小佩 你准备好 她肯定会引用个没完 | 
| [06:12] | The printer’s pamphlet? I thought you’d realized | 印制商那本? | 
| [06:14] | he was not connected to Lady Whistledown. | 他跟维斯道恩女士没关系 你已经知道了呀 | 
| [06:16] | Those letter K’s have not been smudged for some time now. | 报上的“K”字早就已经没有残缺了 不是吗? | 
| [06:18] | I am just as much interested in their new letters now. | 我只是对他们新近的刊物 也很有兴趣 | 
| [06:21] | It is a rather radical publication, which is why I seem to like it so much. | 内容观点相当激进 可能正因如此 我才如此钟爱吧 | 
| [06:24] | – The apprentice there, Mr. Theo Sharpe… – You know his name? | -那里的学徒 西奥夏尔普先生… -你连名字都知道? | 
| [06:27] | Don’t think you’re getting into dangerous waters? | 你是不是太冒险了? | 
| [06:29] | – That side of town? – I’ve tried to dissuade her from it. | -那片区域多危险啊? -我也劝过她不要去 | 
| [06:32] | Perhaps you can convince her while I am gone today. | 趁我今天不在家 或许你能劝劝她 | 
| [06:35] | – Where are you going? – Are you joining the men on the hunt? | -你要去哪里? -跟着他们去打猎吗? | 
| [06:37] | I am not. | 我不去 | 
| [06:38] | I have decided to pay your cousin a visit, in fact. | 其实 我是打算去看看你表姐 | 
| [06:41] | – Marina? – Miss Thompson? | -玛琳娜? -汤普森小姐? | 
| [06:44] | I rather think I am not the only one getting into dangerous waters. | 看来冒险的不止我一个 | 
| [06:46] | Eloise, Penelope. | 埃洛伊斯 佩内洛普 | 
| [06:49] | I think you will find we have much to offer the young ladies today. | 我想你们会发现 今日的盛会 为淑女们准备了很多精彩内容 | 
| [06:53] | Yes, well, Pen is a young lady, | 对 小佩也是淑女 | 
| [06:55] | and we do have so much to catch up on, so… | 我们的确有很多话要聊 所以… | 
| [06:56] | Eloise… I hope you will behave yourself this week. We… | 埃洛伊斯 | 
| [07:00] | We are hosts. | 你这周最好乖乖的 我们可是主人家 | 
| [07:02] | Perhaps you and Penelope might like to spend some time | 或许你和佩内洛普也能花点时间 | 
| [07:05] | with the other young ladies in attendance. Hmm? | 跟其他来访的小姐来往 | 
| [07:08] | Or, at the very least, there will be some good gossip to absorb. | 至少还能听些有料的八卦 | 
| [07:11] | We’d not dream of doing anything different, Lady Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿夫人 我们一定规规矩矩 | 
| [07:21] | Kate! | 凯特! | 
| [07:25] | Come sit with us. | 过来坐坐吧 | 
| [07:35] | Miss Sharma. | 莎尔玛小姐 | 
| [07:36] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 | 
| [07:48] | Did you tell the viscount about your beesting? | 你有没有告诉子爵 被蜜蜂蜇伤的事? | 
| [07:53] | I got stung. | 我被蜇了 | 
| [07:54] | Ah. | |
| [07:56] | I am well. | 已经没事了 | 
| [07:58] | Ah. | |
| [08:05] | Kate was telling me how she is eager to see more | 凯特跟我说 她非常期待 | 
| [08:07] | of the grounds of this magnificent estate. | 一睹这宏伟庄园的风采 | 
| [08:10] | I was? | 我有吗? | 
| [08:10] | After having spent the last few days on her own. | 过去数日她一直独处 | 
| [08:14] | Might you give her a tour today while I spend time with the other ladies? | 趁我与其他小姐相处之时 大人你能否带她参观一二? | 
| [08:17] | I am certain Lord Bridgerton is occupied with other guests. | 布里杰顿大人 想必要忙着招待其他客人 | 
| [08:20] | Shooting, in fact, with the other gentlemen. | 是要与其他绅士一同打猎 | 
| [08:22] | The party is to leave quite soon, I’m afraid. | 打猎的队伍怕是快要出发了 | 
| [08:24] | Did you know Kate is an excellent shot? | 大人知道吗?凯特的枪法很准 | 
| [08:27] | Of course she is. | 一定是 | 
| [08:29] | – Are we all set for the hunt, Brother? – Indeed we are. | -哥哥 准备好打猎了吗? -好了 | 
| [08:32] | Kate, tell him how you used to shoot all the time. | 跟他说说 你以前经常开抢打猎的 | 
| [08:34] | – Miss Edwina… – Kate is being modest. | -埃德温娜小姐… -凯特太谦虚了 | 
| [08:37] | Do you not think it true? | 你不信? | 
| [08:40] | Perhaps your sister aims straight on the field, | 或许你姐姐在旷野能瞄准 | 
| [08:42] | but surely she would have some trouble managing… | 但她肯定应付不来… | 
| [08:45] | Why would you assume I had any trouble managing at all, my lord? | 大人 你怎么知道我应付不来? | 
| [08:47] | – I only mean to say… – Because I am a woman? | -我只是说… -因为我是一介女子? | 
| [08:49] | No… No. | 不 | 
| [08:51] | I did not say that. | 我没这么说 | 
| [08:52] | But you thought it. | 但你却这么想了 | 
| [08:58] | Ladies do not hunt. | 女士不打猎 | 
| [08:59] | Do not, or are not allowed to? | 是自己不打 还是别人不准? | 
| [09:01] | I am certain Lady Danbury can spare a maid to act as chaperone. | 想必丹伯里女士 可以匀出一位女仆陪同 | 
| [09:07] | Oh, what fun you will all have. | 大家一定会十分尽兴的 | 
| [09:10] | Getting to know each other all the better. | 彼此也可以加深了解 | 
| [09:12] | What an excellent idea, Miss Edwina. | 真是个好主意 | 
| [09:15] | Hmm. | 埃德温娜小姐 | 
| [09:16] | Surely we can make an exception, just this one time. | 不妨这次就破个例 | 
| [09:19] | We are on our private lands, after all. And who knows? | 毕竟这里是私人地界 谁知道呢? | 
| [09:22] | Perhaps Miss Sharma can teach you a thing or two. | 说不定莎尔玛小姐 | 
| [09:27] | Hmm? | 还能让你领教一二 | 
| [09:43] | Whoa, there! | 停车! | 
| [10:08] | – Colin. – Marina. | -科林 -玛琳娜 | 
| [10:09] | Uh, Miss Thompson. | 汤普森小姐 | 
| [10:12] | Lady Crane. | 克雷恩夫人 | 
| [10:14] | I’m so pleased to see you. | 很高兴见到你 | 
| [10:18] | Oh, this is Oliver. Amanda is sleeping. | 这位是奥利弗 阿曼达还睡着 | 
| [10:21] | There are two of them? | 你有两个孩子了? | 
| [10:23] | – Twins. | – Twins. -双胞胎 -双胞胎 | 
| [10:26] | Well… | 那… | 
| [10:29] | Good day, Oliver. | 你好 奥利弗 | 
| [10:31] | He is rather… wiggly, it seems. | 他好像还挺…好动的 | 
| [10:35] | Yes. Very. | 是啊 特别好动 | 
| [10:37] | Sir Philip is not here. | 菲利普爵士这会儿不在 | 
| [10:39] | He is out, studying his flowers. | 出门研究他的花卉去了 | 
| [10:41] | – If I had known you were coming… – No, of course. | -如果事先知道你要来… -当然 | 
| [10:45] | I must offer my apologies for the surprise. | 唐突来访 实在抱歉 | 
| [10:49] | I was staying with my family when I discovered you lived so nearby. | 我来与家人团聚 这才知道 原来你就住在附近 | 
| [10:52] | I thought that I should come to see that you were well, after… | 于是便想着过来探望 之前… | 
| [10:57] | well, everything. | 毕竟发生了那么多事 | 
| [10:59] | I am well. Very well, in fact. | 我很好 实际上是非常好 | 
| [11:01] | I’m pleased to see you, Colin. | 科林 见到你真高兴 | 
| [11:04] | Would you like some tea? | 要喝茶吗? | 
| [11:06] | Very much. | 非常乐意 | 
| [11:11] | Hello. | 你好 | 
| [11:29] | Hopefully, the festivities are living up to your expectations, Miss Edwina? | 埃德温娜小姐 但愿庆祝活动 没有辜负你的期待吧? | 
| [11:33] | Very much, Your Grace. | 太盛大了 公爵夫人 | 
| [11:34] | You and your mama are such diligent hostesses. | 夫人与令堂实在太周到了 | 
| [11:37] | I so look forward to hosting my own gatherings one day. | 我很期待有朝一日 能举办自己的聚会 | 
| [11:39] | Well, there is certainly pleasure to be had in acting as hostess. | 身为女主人的确有些乐趣 | 
| [11:43] | Though, between you and I, | 但不瞒你说 | 
| [11:45] | I think you will find there is no greater pleasure | 最令人享受的 | 
| [11:47] | than enjoying your home alone with your family. | 是能与家人相处 不受打扰 | 
| [11:50] | With your husband, as long as you choose the right one. | 与夫君在一起 当然 只要你嫁对人 | 
| [11:53] | I do think I know what I desire in a match. | 我想我清楚自己对伴侣的期许 | 
| [11:55] | And what is that? | 是什么呢? | 
| [11:56] | I should like to be with someone kind and gentle. | 我希望对方善良、温柔 | 
| [12:00] | – Mm. – Someone like your brother. | 就像你哥哥那样 | 
| [12:02] | He’s so even-tempered. | 他性情那么温和 | 
| [12:05] | Anthony? Even-tempered? | 安东尼?性情温和? | 
| [12:07] | – You would not describe him as such? – Well, not exactly. | -你觉得他不是如此吗? -不算是 | 
| [12:11] | Well, perhaps I bring out the very best in him. | 也许是我激发出他的优点 | 
| [12:15] | And is that not what a good marriage should mean? | 理想的婚姻不正应如此吗? | 
| [12:17] | Bringing out each other’s best? | 激发对方的优秀品质? | 
| [12:19] | It is indeed, Miss Edwina. | 的确如此 埃德温娜小姐 | 
| [12:24] | Has your sister gone off somewhere? | 你姐姐去别处了吗? | 
| [12:26] | – Hunting. – Hunting? | -打猎 -打猎? | 
| [12:27] | With your brother, in fact. | 而且是和令兄长一起 | 
| [12:28] | I am having them spend the day together | 我想让他们相处一日 | 
| [12:30] | in the hopes of their finally finding common ground. | 但愿二人最终能找到些共同点 | 
| [12:34] | It seems the two of them | 他们两个好像有些合不来 | 
| [12:35] | do not exactly see eye-to-eye on occasion. A good plan, is it not? | 主意不错吧? | 
| [12:39] | Well, | 嗯 | 
| [12:41] | certainly an intriguing one. | 确实有趣 | 
| [12:43] | Hmm. | |
| [12:51] | If this goes wrong, it’ll be your fault. | 如果出了差错 肯定都怪你 | 
| [12:53] | You must play along, Brother. | 哥哥 你得顺着来 | 
| [12:56] | Perhaps this is the perfect opportunity to win her over. | 这兴许是争取她的绝好机会 | 
| [12:59] | Or to be shot dead by her. | 或者在她枪下送命 | 
| [13:02] | To the right, gents! | 先生们 走右边! | 
| [13:06] | Where are they going? | 他们这是去哪里? | 
| [13:08] | Toward our camp, I believe. | 应该是去营地 | 
| [13:10] | There are tracks going off to the left. Look. | 快看 左边有踪迹 | 
| [13:12] | In the moss. You can see the cloven shape. | 就在苔藓之中 蹄印很清楚 | 
| [13:14] | If we go to our camp now, we may miss our quarry entirely. | 如果我们现在去营地 可能会完全错过猎物 | 
| [13:19] | Let us stay with the group. | 还是不要离群吧 | 
| [13:20] | If we find nothing, | 真若一无所获 | 
| [13:21] | I shall offer myself up for your target practice. | 我自愿给你当活靶子 | 
| [13:26] | Very well. | 那好吧 | 
| [13:41] | – Where did you learn… – It is a rather… | -你在哪里学… -还真是… | 
| [13:45] | My father was a secretary for a royal family in India. | 我父亲是印度某皇室家族的私家秘书 | 
| [13:50] | A family gracious enough to let me hunt with them. | 他们非常大方 还带我一同狩猎 | 
| [13:53] | – Even as a young lady. – Then it seems you’ll manage quite well. | -尽管我当时年龄还小 -那你一定应付得来 | 
| [13:57] | Much better than your maid on her horse, let us hope. | 但愿比你身后马上的女仆轻松许多 | 
| [14:12] | – Lord Bridgerton… – Yes? | -布里杰顿大人… -怎么了? | 
| [14:18] | – Here we are! – Brother! | -到了! -哥哥! | 
| [14:28] | I made some friends in Athens, then continued along with them | …在雅典结交了几个好友 然后一同往前 | 
| [14:31] | to Marousi and Chalcis. | 到了马鲁西和卡尔基斯 | 
| [14:32] | That is, after a quick swim in the Petalioi Gulf, | 对了 之前还在 佩塔利奥伊湾游了一圈 | 
| [14:35] | which is a word I now know how to say. | 现在我可算会念这个名字了 | 
| [14:37] | Well, it sounds like a remarkable journey. | 旅程好像十分多彩 | 
| [14:40] | Remarkable, yes, | 的确多彩 | 
| [14:42] | in that I seem to have many remarks about it, do I not? | 可能是我太多话了 对吧? | 
| [14:49] | I like your remarks, Colin. | 科林 我喜欢听你说话 | 
| [14:53] | – It was good of you to come by. – It was good of you to have me as well. | -多谢你有心来看我 | 
| [14:57] | Everything is well with Sir Philip, then, I take it? | -多谢你热心款待 看样子你与菲利普爵士生活美满? | 
| [15:01] | I suppose you can ask him yourself. | 我想你可以亲自问他 | 
| [15:03] | My lord, | 大人 | 
| [15:04] | you have caught our visitor before he departs. | 客人正要走 你刚好赶上 | 
| [15:07] | – This is Mr. Colin Bridgerton. – Ah. | 这位是科林布里杰顿先生 | 
| [15:12] | Mr. Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿先生 | 
| [15:14] | Sir Philip Crane. | 我是菲利普克雷恩爵士 | 
| [15:16] | – A pleasure to meet you at last. – Ah. | 终于得见 幸会 | 
| [15:18] | Yes. | 是啊 | 
| [15:20] | Your wife has been kind enough | 尊夫人十分慷慨 | 
| [15:22] | to let me drone on about my recent Grecian adventures. | 听我喋喋不休 讲述近期希腊之旅 | 
| [15:24] | – You were in Greece? – Mm-hmm. | 你到过希腊? | 
| [15:27] | Did you visit the olive orchards in Lesvos? | 有没有去莱斯沃斯的橄榄园? | 
| [15:29] | I certainly did. I oiled my way right in. | 的确去了 一路十分顺滑 | 
| [15:33] | – That was an olive joke. – They are wonderful. | -拿橄榄开个玩笑 -那里很精彩 对吧? | 
| [15:35] | You know, those trees have been there since the third century BC. | 要知道 那些橄榄树 可以追溯到公元前三世纪 | 
| [15:38] | – Have they really? – It is extraordinary. As is the botany. | -真的吗? -非常了不起 植物也是异彩纷呈 | 
| [15:42] | I must show you my copy of Flora Graeca. You will join us for dinner? | 我一定要为你展示我收藏的 《希腊植物志》 能与我们共进晚餐吗? | 
| [15:46] | I am sure Mr. Bridgerton is eager to return to his family. | 布里杰顿先生 肯定要回去与家人团聚了 | 
| [15:49] | Not at all. My family can wait. | 没关系 不着急 | 
| [15:51] | – I should very much like to stay. – Good. We shall set you a place, then. | -我非常乐意奉陪 -如此甚好 那我们为你准备餐位 | 
| [15:56] | Very well. | 那好吧 | 
| [16:01] | It seems our stag may be eluding us. | 看来雄鹿在躲避我们 | 
| [16:04] | The elusiveness is part of the fun. | 这也是乐趣所在 | 
| [16:06] | – And you cannot fault the sunshine. – No, certainly not. | -又不能责备阳光 -是啊 当然不能 | 
| [16:09] | The men out enjoying the sunshine. A sign of a great hunt. | 男人们享受阳光 真是打猎的好兆头 | 
| [16:13] | I suppose you prefer the darkness, Miss Sharma? | 莎尔玛小姐 听这意思你宁愿天阴? | 
| [16:17] | What I would prefer | 我宁愿 | 
| [16:18] | is to be allowed to follow my own instincts on this hunt | 遵从自己的直觉打猎 | 
| [16:20] | instead of blindly following the guide. | 而不是盲目跟随向导 | 
| [16:28] | You are still convinced we have lost our prey? | 你还是认为我们错失了猎物? | 
| [16:31] | I am convinced that deer prefer the edge of the forest. | 我认为鹿更喜欢在森林的边缘出没 | 
| [16:35] | This is much too open out here. | 这里太空旷了 | 
| [16:38] | Uh, yes, well, | 是啊 | 
| [16:41] | perhaps you are right, but we should carry on. | 也许你说得对 但我们得往前走了 | 
| [16:44] | Certainly there’ll be other deer on other paths. | 其他路径上肯定也有鹿 | 
| [16:47] | They do not always keep together. And if there are not, then… | 它们并非总是成群出没 一旦落单 就… | 
| [16:52] | Miss Sharma? | 莎尔玛小姐? | 
| [16:58] | Keep her with you. | 把这位看住点呗 | 
| [17:04] | Ooh. | |
| [17:10] | I quite like Lord Westbridge, though his hands certainly do wander | 我很欣赏韦斯特布里奇大人 | 
| [17:13] | when he dances. | 但他跳舞的时候总是动手动脚 | 
| [17:14] | At least he is young. | 至少他还年轻 | 
| [17:15] | My mama has fixed on Sir Derryworth for me. | 我母亲却认准了德里沃斯爵士 | 
| [17:18] | His breath is excruciating. | 他的口气简直熏死人 | 
| [17:19] | – Why do you not just say no? – To our mamas? | -那你们为什么不拒绝? -跟母亲做对? | 
| [17:21] | – I do not think it is that simple, El. – I do everything my mama says. | -小埃 没那么简单 -我对母亲言听计从 | 
| [17:25] | Yet you still wonder why you’re so miserable. | 就这样 你还纳闷自己何以如此悲惨 | 
| [17:27] | Oh, I… I know how to find my happiness, Miss Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿小姐 我知道如何为自己找到幸福 | 
| [17:31] | There is always Lady Whistledown. | 总有维斯道恩女士助力 | 
| [17:35] | Though I doubt she’ll publish anything of note this week. | 但这礼拜她恐怕也写不出什么好东西 | 
| [17:37] | What can you mean? | 此话怎讲? | 
| [17:39] | We are all here, enjoying the countryside together. | 大家都在这里 享受乡村时光 | 
| [17:43] | Anything she might print, surely we will already know. | 但凡她写得出的 我们肯定早就知道了 | 
| [17:46] | Is that so? | 是吗? | 
| [17:50] | Uh, is it not my turn, Mama? | 轮到我了吧 妈妈? | 
| [17:52] | Your turn will come tomorrow night at the ball. | 明晚的舞会就轮到你了 | 
| [17:55] | It may be your very last chance to charm Lord Featherington | 那也许是你吸引 费瑟灵顿大人的最后机会 | 
| [17:58] | before Cressida Cowper becomes your new mama. | 不然克蕾丝达考珀就要变成你后妈了 | 
| [18:01] | – Ooh. – Oh. | |
| [18:03] | I would rather move to Cornwall | 我宁愿搬去康沃尔 | 
| [18:05] | than compete with Cressida. She is vile. | 也不想跟克蕾丝达争 她太恶心了 | 
| [18:09] | Do you know what is vile? | 知道什么叫恶心吗? | 
| [18:12] | Fish head pie. It’s a Cornish delicacy. | 鱼头派 | 
| [18:14] | Ew. | 那可是康沃尔的一道美食 | 
| [18:16] | I fear you are not taking this as seriously as you need to, Prudence. | 普鲁登斯 你根本没好好当回事 | 
| [18:21] | After everything last year with Miss Thompson, Mr. Bridgerton, | 去年发生了那么多事 又是汤普森小姐 又是布里杰顿先生 | 
| [18:25] | and then your father, we cannot afford any more scrutiny | 之后又是你父亲的事 你若真想今年把自己嫁出去 | 
| [18:29] | should you finally wish to secure a match this season. | 咱家可是再也禁不起坏事折腾了 | 
| [18:31] | Oh, Mama, it is not as if anyone truly knows what Miss Thompson attempted. | 妈妈 谁也不知道汤普森小姐 真正目的何在 | 
| [18:36] | And is entrapping a man in marriage really so uncommon? | 更何况 诱使男人成婚 果真那么稀奇吗? | 
| [18:44] | I won! Look at that. | 我赢了!快看呐 | 
| [18:47] | Look at me, everyone! | 大家快看我! | 
| [18:55] | – Miss Sharma! – Shh. Get down. | -莎尔玛小姐! -快蹲下 | 
| [18:59] | Are you quite serious? | 你也太乱来了吧? | 
| [19:00] | You cannot just go off like that with your gun. | 你不能就这么带着枪独自行动 | 
| [19:03] | – Your maid is having a terrible time. – Would you be quiet? | -你的女佣很为难 -你能不能小点声? | 
| [19:08] | It is rather like you, leaving everyone behind. | 自作主张倒也符合你的性格 | 
| [19:10] | No one wishes to hear what you think you know about me. | 你以为你了解我 可你那些偏见 根本没人想听 | 
| [19:12] | I do not need to think. I know. | 不用以为 我就是了解 | 
| [19:14] | From the moment I saw you riding alone in that park, | 打从看到你独自在园中骑马 | 
| [19:17] | it was obvious that rules are meaningless to you. | 我就知道 你显然对规矩毫不在意 | 
| [19:19] | Oh, you and your rules. | 你和你那些规矩可真烦人 | 
| [19:21] | Perhaps if you had not been out once again the other morning, | 如果那日清早你没有再次任性外出 | 
| [19:25] | we might not have been put in such a difficult situation. | 也许你我也不会陷入如此尴尬的境地 | 
| [19:29] | Exactly which difficult situation are you referring to, my lord? | 大人 你是指什么尴尬境地? | 
| [19:32] | Your… | 你的… | 
| [19:37] | – The other morning. – When I was stung? | -那天早上 -我被蜇伤的时候? | 
| [19:39] | After which you put my hand to your bosom. | 然后你把我的手放在你胸前 | 
| [19:40] | To show you I was unharmed. You were overcome. | 让你知道我没受伤 你当时慌了 | 
| [19:42] | – Indeed I was not. – You then looked at me. | -我没有 -是你当时在看我 | 
| [19:44] | – You looked at me! – Not the way you did. | -是你在看我! -我没像你那么看 | 
| [19:46] | And how exactly did I look? | 那我到底怎么看的? | 
| [19:57] | There is something there. | 那里有东西 | 
| [20:01] | It’ll signify little if you mean to hold your gun in that way. | 如果你这样握枪 猎物来了也没用 | 
| [20:03] | – I know how to hold a gun. – Evidently not a British one. | -我知道怎么握枪 | 
| [20:06] | You have to… | -显然你不熟悉英式枪支 你得… | 
| [20:09] | – I require no instruction. – Here. | -我不需要指导 -这里 | 
| [20:11] | Just hold it… | 就这样… | 
| [20:16] | like this. | 端着 | 
| [20:36] | This way, boys. I saw movement over here. | 伙计们 这边来 这边有动静 | 
| [20:38] | There the two of you are. | 原来你们两个在这儿呢 | 
| [20:41] | Well, you better rejoin us | 最好赶紧跟上 | 
| [20:44] | before the rain ends our pursuits. | 不然就赶上大雨了 | 
| [20:57] | Sibthorp brought his illustrator along for a grand tour, like your own, | 西布索普像你这样周游欧洲时 还带着自己的插画师 | 
| [21:00] | and came back with these marvelous drawings. | 归来时带回了这么多精彩的图画 | 
| [21:04] | Oh, these are coronopifolia. I saw so many of those in Paxos. | 这些是钮扣花 我在帕克索斯见过许多 | 
| [21:07] | Yes. Oh! Paxos is beautiful. | 是的 帕克索斯非常美 | 
| [21:09] | And did you see the mastic trees on Chios Island? | 你有没有在希俄斯岛上见到乳香树? | 
| [21:11] | I am sure Mr. Bridgerton did not only go to Greece to see plants. | 布里杰顿先生去希腊 肯定不光是为了研究植物 | 
| [21:15] | No. | 的确 | 
| [21:16] | But I’m grateful to you for indulging my desire | 但感谢你如此迁就 | 
| [21:19] | to talk about my travels, Sir Philip. | 陪我畅谈旅行 | 
| [21:21] | Well, Lady Crane is right. I am often carried away by my interests. | 克雷恩夫人说得对 我一说起爱好就忘乎所以 | 
| [21:24] | How was your day, my dear? | 亲爱的 你今天过得怎么样? | 
| [21:26] | Apart from the arrival of our interesting visitor. | 当然 我知有这位风趣的客人来访 | 
| [21:28] | It was very pleasant. Thank you, my lord. | 非常愉快 谢谢大人 | 
| [21:32] | It is getting late and, Mr. Bridgerton, won’t you need to return to your family? | 时间不早了 布里杰顿先生 你是不是也应该回去与家人相聚了? | 
| [21:36] | Oh, yes. Yes, of course. I lost track of time. | 是的 当然 我忘记时间了 | 
| [21:39] | Thank you for your hospitality, Sir Philip. | 菲利普爵士 多谢热情款待 | 
| [21:41] | You are always welcome. | 不必客气 | 
| [21:44] | Marina, I shall look in upon the babies as you bid each other farewell. | 玛琳娜 我去照看孩子 也好让你们道别 | 
| [21:53] | He is most amiable. | 他非常和善 | 
| [21:57] | Did you come all this way to form your opinion of my husband, Colin? | 科林 你大老远跑来 难道就是为了评价我丈夫? | 
| [22:01] | – No. – Then… why did you come? | -不 -那么…是为了什么? | 
| [22:06] | I… | 我… | 
| [22:09] | I came to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 | 
| [22:12] | Throughout my travels, I kept pondering how I left things between us. | 旅行途中 我一直在想 自己如何甩手你我之事 | 
| [22:16] | All of those terrible things I said to you. | 我对你口出恶言 | 
| [22:18] | – Colin, there is no need… – I want you to know that I am sorry. | -科林 你不需要… -我想说 我很抱歉 | 
| [22:21] | And that I forgive you as well. | 并且 我也原谅了你 | 
| [22:24] | I do not need your apology any more than I desire your forgiveness. | 我不需要你的道歉 更不需要你的原谅 | 
| [22:28] | All of this, you and I, is in the past. | 你和我之间的一切已经过去 | 
| [22:31] | So it seems. | 貌似如此 | 
| [22:33] | But do you not look at your life and wonder what may have been | 可你就没有回顾过去 好奇如果当初另作抉择 | 
| [22:36] | if we had conducted ourselves differently? | 今日会是何种光景? | 
| [22:38] | That is a fool’s form of torture. | 那是愚人的自我折磨 | 
| [22:40] | I have left the past behind. | 我已经放下过去 | 
| [22:42] | You should do the same. | 你也应该放下 | 
| [22:46] | Marina, | 玛琳娜 | 
| [22:47] | he is truly amiable. | 他真的非常和善 | 
| [22:49] | But… well, you do not seem happy with him. | 可是…你和他在一起似乎并不快乐 | 
| [22:53] | You have only been here a few short hours. | 你才来了几个小时 | 
| [22:55] | – I do not mean to offend you. – I am not offended. | -我无意冒犯你 -我没觉得被冒犯 | 
| [22:59] | Nor am I angry. | 我也没有生气 | 
| [23:00] | You are a boy | 你太孩子气 | 
| [23:02] | caught up in his own fantasies. | 沉浸在自己的幻想之中 | 
| [23:04] | In truth, I once thought | 其实 我曾经以为 | 
| [23:06] | that would be enough to save me from my reality. | 你的幻想足以救我于困境 | 
| [23:08] | But what I learned is, I do not need saving in that way. | 但我后来明白 我不需要这样的拯救 | 
| [23:13] | What I need is to face up to my life and make my own practical decisions. | 我需要的是面对人生 自己做出现实的选择 | 
| [23:18] | So you choose to be unhappy? | 于是你选择不快乐? | 
| [23:20] | We are not all guaranteed a fairy-tale ending. | 不是所有人都能收获童话般的结局 | 
| [23:22] | I am perfectly content with my children. | 有一双儿女 我心满意足 | 
| [23:25] | And Sir Philip cares for me. He is a good father. | 菲利普爵士也很关心我 他是个好父亲 | 
| [23:27] | We have built a life together. | 我们一同经营生活 | 
| [23:29] | I am not the same woman you once knew. | 我不再是你从前认识的那个样子了 | 
| [23:32] | And I refuse to be thrust back into such a world of fantasy. | 我也不想回到那样一个幻想世界 | 
| [23:36] | That dream has long since passed. | 那个梦早已过去 | 
| [23:38] | – Marina… – You need to wake up, Colin. | -玛琳娜… -醒醒吧 科林 | 
| [23:46] | Perhaps I have been a fool. | 也许是我太糊涂 | 
| [23:50] | I thank you for your time, | 今日多有打扰 | 
| [23:53] | Lady Crane. | 克雷恩夫人 | 
| [23:57] | If you would simply open your eyes to what is in front of you, | 只要你多留意眼前 | 
| [24:00] | then you might see there are those in your life you already make happy. | 也许就能发现 因你而幸福的人 其实就在身边 | 
| [24:04] | – And who would that be? – You have your family. | -你指的是谁? -你还有家人 | 
| [24:07] | You have | 你还有 | 
| [24:10] | Penelope. | 佩内洛普 | 
| [24:10] | Penelope? | 佩内洛普? | 
| [24:11] | You have many people who care for you. | 有很多关心你的人 | 
| [24:14] | Seek them out, | 去找寻他们吧 | 
| [24:16] | because your future will certainly not be found in the past with me. | 因为你的未来 肯定不在你我的过往之中 | 
| [24:23] | Very well. | 好吧 | 
| [24:26] | Goodbye, Marina. | 再见 玛琳娜 | 
| [24:41] | – How did it go? – Edwina, you frightened me. | -怎么样了? -埃德温娜 你吓我一跳 | 
| [24:44] | Tell me everything. | 跟我好好说说 | 
| [24:45] | We did not successfully shoot anything. Perhaps if the men had listened to me… | 我们什么也没打到 如果那些男人听我劝告… | 
| [24:48] | Oh, I do not care about the hunt, Didi. | 姐姐 我不想听打猎的事 | 
| [24:51] | How did it go with the viscount? | 你跟子爵相处得如何? | 
| [24:55] | Well. | 这个嘛 | 
| [24:57] | It went well, I think. | 还可以吧 | 
| [24:59] | Did the two of you finally warm to one another? | 有没有亲近一点? | 
| [25:04] | We did. | 有 | 
| [25:07] | Oh! You must keep doing whatever it is you are doing. | 无论你用了什么方法 | 
| [25:10] | At the ball. Tomorrow night. | 明晚的舞会务必继续 | 
| [26:32] | – Lord Bridgerton. – I did not mean to startle you. | -布里杰顿大人 -我不是有意惊吓你 | 
| [26:35] | I saw a light and thought I might have left a candle lit. | 我见这里有灯光 还以为自己忘了熄蜡烛 | 
| [26:39] | No. Only me. | 不 是我在 | 
| [26:46] | Could you not sleep? | 睡不着吗? | 
| [26:49] | – If your lodgings are not comfortable… – No. It is the storm. | -若是哪里住得不舒服… -不 是因为暴风雨 | 
| [26:52] | I have always found them unsettling. | 它总是令我不安 | 
| [26:56] | My father used to read to me during the monsoons. | 以前热带雨季时 父亲时常念书给我听 | 
| [27:01] | Now the rain makes me think of him. | 如今一下雨 我就想到他 | 
| [27:20] | This is my father’s library. | 这是我父亲的藏书 | 
| [27:22] | These books were some of his most | 有很多是他 | 
| [27:25] | treasured possessions. | 至爱的珍藏 | 
| [27:36] | How did he die? | 他是怎么去世的? | 
| [27:42] | He was stung by a bee. | 他被蜜蜂蜇了 | 
| [27:47] | My lord, | 大人 | 
| [27:49] | I… I am so sorry. I… | 非常抱歉 我… | 
| [27:53] | To see a great man felled by such a small creature, it was, um… | 眼睁睁看着如此伟岸之人 被幼虫夺去性命 实在… | 
| [28:00] | It was humbling, to say the least. | 令人不甘 | 
| [28:19] | Oh! | |
| [28:21] | – This is not… No. – It is all right. | -这不是…不 -没事的 | 
| [28:24] | I shall bid you good night. | 祝你晚安 | 
| [28:54] | How was your conversation with Miss Edwina yesterday? | 昨天和埃德温娜小姐聊得怎么样? | 
| [28:57] | She is certainly a diamond. | 不愧是钻石淑女 | 
| [28:59] | Knows exactly when to smile and exactly what to say at all times. | 微笑言谈非常得体 | 
| [29:05] | It is just that | 只是 | 
| [29:07] | I’ve always imagined Anthony to be with someone more like him. | 我以为安东尼会找个 性格更像他的姑娘 | 
| [29:12] | Sharp, quick, a little too exacting? | 犀利、敏锐、爱较真? | 
| [29:21] | You know, every time I think my marriage has become simple, | 每次我以为自己 已经拥有了单纯平凡的婚姻时 | 
| [29:25] | Simon and I find some new stone to turn over, | 西蒙和我总能找出点新问题 | 
| [29:28] | a new foible that one of us needs the other to tease out and inspect. | 需要对方挑出来审视的小缺点 | 
| [29:34] | It is decidedly irritating. | 令人头疼 | 
| [29:37] | Yet incredibly gratifying at the same time. | 但与此同时 又令人满足 | 
| [29:43] | Miss Edwina is nearly perfect, but Anthony is a Bridgerton. | 埃德温娜小姐几乎无可挑剔 但安东尼毕竟是布里杰顿家的人 | 
| [29:49] | Is there not something in all of us that requires a challenge? | 我们每个人不都渴望一点挑战吗? | 
| [29:54] | Indeed, there is. | 的确如此 | 
| [30:04] | Brother. | 哥哥 | 
| [30:07] | Sister. | 妹妹 | 
| [30:08] | Mama has her ball all set for you. | 妈妈已经为你把舞会筹备妥当 | 
| [30:12] | Just her? Are you to tell me you have had no hand in it? | 只是她吗?你确定自己没参与? | 
| [30:15] | Well, we have both been planning, certainly. | 当然 我们都参与筹划 | 
| [30:18] | But our plans do not require yours to be set. | 可筹划归筹划 你也不用非得就此敲定 | 
| [30:27] | Miss Edwina, she is lovely. | 埃德温娜小姐温柔可人 | 
| [30:30] | I am certain she will make a perfect wife. | 她定能成为一位完美贤妻 | 
| [30:32] | – Do you still not like her? – I never said I did not like her. | -你还是不喜欢她? -我没说过我不喜欢她 | 
| [30:36] | I only wonder if you truly know each other well enough. | 我只是不确定 你们是否足够了解彼此 | 
| [30:39] | Is that not what marriage is for? | 结婚不就是为相互了解吗? | 
| [30:40] | Well, yes, but | 这也没错 可是 | 
| [30:42] | it helps if you share similarities. | 如果你们有共同之处 则更为有益 | 
| [30:47] | Truly, Brother, is there really no one | 说真的 哥哥 你就真的没遇到 | 
| [30:49] | you share similarities with? No one at all? | 与你有共同之处的人吗? 一个也没有? | 
| [30:57] | How was your hunt with the elder Miss Sharma yesterday? | 昨天打猎 你与莎尔玛大小姐 相处得如何? | 
| [31:01] | You have not mentioned anything about it. | 你对此还只字未提 | 
| [31:04] | I certainly miss His Grace. | 我倒是十分想念公爵大人 | 
| [31:07] | In the Duke’s absence, you’ve become quite meddlesome, | 他不在 你都开始多管闲事了 | 
| [31:10] | have you not? | 不是吗? | 
| [31:13] | Do not concern yourself. | 别瞎操心了 | 
| [31:42] | Miss Edwina, might I have your first dance? | 埃德温娜小姐 能请你跳第一支舞吗? | 
| [31:45] | Certainly, my lord. | 当然 大人 | 
| [32:03] | Have you been enjoying your time alone with the viscount? | 与子爵相处得融洽吗? | 
| [32:09] | Yesterday’s hunt. | 我是指昨天打猎 | 
| [32:11] | It went well, I take it? | 一切还顺利吧? | 
| [32:13] | Oh, yes. | 是的 | 
| [32:14] | Of course, yes. Quite well, indeed. | 当然 | 
| [32:16] | Mmm. | 非常顺利 | 
| [32:29] | Lord. | 老天 | 
| [32:31] | She… She’s coming towards me with a suitor. | 我妈带着追求者往这边来了 | 
| [32:33] | And what if you said yes? | 答应了又能怎样? | 
| [32:35] | – To a dance? – I only mean to say… | -跟他跳舞? -我只是说… | 
| [32:37] | It’d entertain me so much for you to say yes to the dances you are offered | 如果你应邀跳舞 回来还可以讲给我听 | 
| [32:40] | so I might hear about them. | 也能为我添些乐趣 | 
| [32:42] | There is only so much more I can hear about a pamphlet. Never mind. | 一本小册子 毕竟谈资有限 算了 | 
| [32:45] | Have you spoken to Colin about his visit… | 你跟科林聊过他旅行的… | 
| [32:47] | – No, no, no. – Eloise. | -别 -埃洛伊斯 | 
| [32:50] | I would like to introduce you to Lord Morrison. | 这位是莫里森大人 | 
| [32:53] | Miss Eloise. A pleasure. | 幸会 埃洛伊斯小姐 | 
| [32:56] | Might I have the honor? | 能赏光吗? | 
| [33:00] | Of what? | 做什么? | 
| [33:01] | A dance, Eloise. | 跳舞 埃洛伊斯 | 
| [33:04] | Yes, I think you shall, Lord Morrison. | 是的 莫里森大人 她愿意 | 
| [33:08] | Remember, hosts? | 你是主人家 记得吧? | 
| [33:10] | You wished to be entertained. | 你想要乐趣是吧 | 
| [33:29] | Miss Eloise… | 埃洛伊斯小姐… | 
| [33:30] | Would you mind keeping quiet? I am counting my steps, so… | 拜托能不能安静点?我数步子呢… | 
| [33:33] | – “What worries you, masters you.” – Ah. You have read Locke? | “忧心生时 你便受其所役” 你读过洛克的书? | 
| [33:37] | I have. | 是的 | 
| [33:39] | – Have you? – Yes. | -你呢? -读过 | 
| [33:40] | It is required of all men past a certain age, surely. | 男子到了一定年龄 都必须要读 | 
| [33:43] | Not so much for young ladies. | 小姐们则不然 | 
| [33:45] | Because our feeble minds might collapse if we put too many ideas in them. | 因为女子大脑迟钝 读书太多便陷入混乱 | 
| [33:48] | For most of the ladies I have met, that seems to be true. | 我遇到的多数女子确实如此 | 
| [33:51] | Many of them cannot even articulate a thought. | 很多连观点都表达不清 | 
| [33:54] | Don’t you think it’s because they haven’t been offered the same opportunities? | 你就不觉得 那是因为她们没获得 同等的机会吗? | 
| [33:59] | I understand that you scorn this farcical performance | 我知道 你讨厌这种上流社会的 | 
| [34:03] | that is good society. | 逢场作戏 | 
| [34:05] | What do you say we quit the dance floor and add some brandy to the punch? | 你我何不离开这舞场 往果饮中混些烈酒来饮? | 
| [34:11] | You’d rather alter the punch than engage in meaningful conversation? | 你宁愿混酒喝也不愿 进行一番有意义的对话? | 
| [34:15] | And you would rather count your steps. | 你还情愿数步子呢 | 
| [34:20] | Perhaps I shall quit the dance floor, now. | 也许我是该离开舞场 | 
| [34:23] | I do think we should finish this dance. People are looking. | 还是把舞跳完吧 大家都看着呢 | 
| [34:26] | I see what masters you. | 我算看清你受何所役了 | 
| [34:29] | Next time you compliment a woman, | 下次再赞美谁家女子 | 
| [34:30] | at least try not to insult her entire sex in the process. | 至少别把全天下女人都骂光 | 
| [34:36] | Eloise. | 埃洛伊斯 | 
| [34:39] | – Eloise. – What? | -埃洛伊斯 -干嘛? | 
| [34:40] | I invited Lord Morrison specifically for you. | 我是为了你 才特意请来了莫里森大人 | 
| [34:43] | He is known to share your rebellious spirit. | 他与你一样生性叛逆 也是出了名的 | 
| [34:47] | My rebellion is not some party dress I put on to play a part, Mama, | 妈妈 我的叛逆 并不是什么宴聚华服 穿来装样子 | 
| [34:51] | and it’s certainly not some accomplishment I’ve developed, | 更不是什么唱歌、绘画之类的技艺 | 
| [34:54] | like singing or painting to help me attract a suitor. | 用来吸引追求者 | 
| [34:58] | I… know | 我知道 | 
| [35:01] | I am a disappointment to you. | 你对我很失望 | 
| [35:02] | So just allow me to take my leave and go to bed. | 所以还是让我退下休息吧 | 
| [35:11] | – El! – I wish to be alone. | -小埃! -我想一个人静静 | 
| [35:25] | Cousin Jack has not looked twice at me all evening. | 杰克表哥一晚上都没看我第二眼 | 
| [35:28] | You are excited. You need to calm yourself if you are to attract interest. | 你太激动了 想吸引别人注意 就必须保持镇静 | 
| [35:32] | Why do you not take a walk to the orangery? | 何不到橘园去走一走? | 
| [35:35] | Breathe in the fragrant air. It has always helped me. | 呼吸一下芬芳的空气 | 
| [35:39] | Mmm. I am hungry. | 对我反正十分管用 我饿了 | 
| [35:42] | Perhaps I shall purloin an orange? | 我能摘个橘子吗? | 
| [35:44] | Yes, of course. | 当然可以 | 
| [35:46] | Now, make haste, dear. | 好了亲爱的 快去吧 | 
| [36:00] | I hate to interrupt, Miss Cowper, but Lord Featherington, | 抱歉打扰 考珀小姐 费瑟灵顿大人 | 
| [36:03] | I believe Lord Fife is looking for you in the orangery. | 费弗大人正在橘园找你 | 
| [36:06] | Something about | 好像是 | 
| [36:08] | business, or your mines. I do not know. | 关于生意、开矿之类的事 | 
| [36:11] | It sounded important. | 似乎挺重要 | 
| [36:13] | Pardon me, Miss Cowper. | 失陪一下 考珀小姐 | 
| [36:15] | Of course, my lord. | 当然 大人 | 
| [36:52] | Lord Bridgerton has gone to get me a lemonade. | 布里杰顿大人为我取柠檬水去了 | 
| [36:54] | – How very thoughtful of him. – We’ve just finished our second dance. | -真是体贴 -我们刚跳完第二支舞 | 
| [36:57] | I’m certain he’d not have asked me for two | 我敢确定 如果不是有意求婚 | 
| [36:59] | if he did not have intentions for the evening. | 他绝不可能邀我跳第二支舞 | 
| [37:03] | I am pleased to hear that. | 那太好了 | 
| [37:04] | – I need you to dance with him. – What? | -你得跟他跳一曲 -什么? | 
| [37:06] | If he is going to declare himself before the end of the ball, as I hope, | 如果舞会结束之前他如我所愿求婚 | 
| [37:09] | he shall need to ask you for your blessing. | 就必须得到你的祝福 | 
| [37:12] | And you are ready to grant him your blessing, are you not? | 你会祝福他的 对吧? | 
| [37:20] | This may very well be my last chance. | 这可能是我最后的机会了 | 
| [37:23] | Miss Edwina. | 埃德温娜小姐 | 
| [37:25] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 | 
| [37:27] | My sister and I were just speaking. | 我和姐姐刚刚聊过 | 
| [37:31] | – She wishes to take to the floor. – Ah. | 她想步入舞场 | 
| [37:34] | – Well, I am certain that… – With you. | -一定会有… -与你共舞 | 
| [37:49] | Miss Sharma, may I have this dance? | 莎尔玛小姐 能与我共舞吗? | 
| [37:53] | You may, my lord. | 好的 大人 | 
| [39:40] | Do you have something you wish to ask me, my lord, regarding my sister? | 关于我妹妹 大人是否有话要问我? | 
| [39:45] | If I were to ask for her hand, would you give me your permission? | 如果我向她求婚 能否得你准许? | 
| [39:50] | I want my sister to be happy. | 我希望妹妹能幸福 | 
| [39:53] | – And do you think I can make her happy? – That is a better question for you. | -你觉得我能让她幸福? -这该问你自己才对 | 
| [39:57] | Can you make her happy? | 你能让她幸福吗? | 
| [40:02] | If your silence is any indication you are reconsidering your declaration… | 如果你是在默认对求婚有所犹豫… | 
| [40:05] | Is that what you want? For me to reconsider? | 你希望我犹豫? | 
| [40:07] | It does not matter what I want. | 我怎么希望并不重要 | 
| [40:09] | I do not think that is true. | 我看不然 | 
| [40:12] | I am to return to India | 妹妹一完婚 | 
| [40:14] | the moment my sister marries. | 我就返回印度 | 
| [40:17] | You will abandon her? | 你要抛下她? | 
| [40:18] | Far from it, my lord. She will be married. | 大人 远非如此 她终身有托 | 
| [40:20] | She will not need me. There’ll be no more reason for me to stay. | 不再需要我 我没有理由 继续留在这里 | 
| [40:25] | It was the plan all along. | 打从一开始 计划便是如此 | 
| [40:43] | – Where is the viscount going? – I… I do not know. | -子爵去哪儿了? -我不知道 | 
| [40:45] | Well, what did you say? | 你怎么说的? | 
| [40:48] | I… | 我去找他 | 
| [40:50] | I shall find him. | |
| [40:51] | Give me a moment. | 等我一下 | 
| [40:56] | I took a tour earlier, and you must see the orangery. | 早前我去过 你们绝对不能 错过这橘园风光 | 
| [41:00] | The scent of the jasmine is absolutely ambrosial. | 茉莉的香气十分惬意 | 
| [41:10] | Lord Featherington, | 费瑟灵顿大人 | 
| [41:12] | what are you doing in a room with my unchaperoned daughter? | 我女儿没有女伴相陪 你与她私下共处是何用意? | 
| [41:15] | I found Prudence in here, and neither of us were… | 我偶然遇到普鲁登斯 我们两个没有… | 
| [41:18] | Do not blame her. | 不要归咎于她 | 
| [41:19] | She is but an innocent girl, | 她只是位单纯少女 | 
| [41:21] | unknowing of the ways of an older gentleman. | 不曾领教年长绅士的手段 | 
| [41:23] | – Mama, you… – I assure you nothing untoward’s occurred. | -妈妈 您… -我向您保证 并未做出不雅之举 | 
| [41:26] | I was to meet with Lord Fife. | 我是来见费弗大人的 | 
| [41:30] | Featherington? | 费瑟灵顿? | 
| [41:31] | How can you deny what is plain to the eye? I saw you remove your arm | 事实摆在眼前 你怎可矢口否认? 我进门时明明看见 | 
| [41:34] | from my Prudence’s waist as I walked in. | 你的手从我女儿腰间抽出 | 
| [41:36] | It is a scandal! | 丑闻已经发生! | 
| [41:38] | Well, are you to marry the girl, then, Featherington? | 那你要娶这位姑娘吗 费瑟灵顿? | 
| [41:42] | – What? – As a man of honor… | -什么? -作为一个正人君子… | 
| [41:44] | He is hers in honor, should she wish it. | 如果女方答应 | 
| [41:50] | Oh! | 他应该不会辜负吧 | 
| [41:53] | Oh my! | 我的天! | 
| [41:55] | Oh, I would be delighted to marry you, Cousin Jack. | 杰克表哥 | 
| [41:58] | Yes! | 我愿意嫁给你 | 
| [42:15] | Why are you so distressed? | 你为何如此不悦? | 
| [42:21] | When will you leave? | 你打算何时离开? | 
| [42:25] | Immediately, once your sister is married? | 妹妹完婚后立马动身? | 
| [42:27] | I presume so, yes. | 应该是的 | 
| [42:32] | And you’ll not concern yourself with finding a match of your own? | 你就不为自己的婚事做打算? | 
| [42:35] | Why would that concern you? | 这与你有何相干? | 
| [42:38] | It seems to me you will find any excuse you can to keep me away from your sister. | 我还以为你会尽一切可能 不让我接近你妹妹 | 
| [42:42] | That is it, is it not? You simply do not like me. | 就为这个 对吧? | 
| [42:45] | – Of course I do not like you… – Then tell me why. | -你就是不喜欢我 -我当然不喜欢你… 告诉我为什么 | 
| [42:50] | Have I done something to you? | 我得罪你了吗? | 
| [42:54] | Why is it that you dislike me so? | 你为什么这么讨厌我? | 
| [42:57] | Because… | 因为…你惹我生气! | 
| [42:59] | Because you vex me! | |
| [43:02] | And what is it, do you think, you do to me? | 那你对我又做了什么? | 
| [43:07] | What? | 什么? | 
| [43:09] | What do I do to you? | 我对你做了什么? | 
| [43:14] | You… | 你… | 
| [43:19] | You hate me. | 你恨我 | 
| [43:24] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [43:26] | I do. | 没错 | 
| [43:27] | I hate you. | 我恨你 | 
| [43:41] | I am a gentleman. | 我是个绅士 | 
| [43:45] | And your heart is with my sister. | 而你的心已经给了我妹妹 | 
| [43:49] | And my heart | 而我的心 | 
| [43:51] | is with your sister. | 已经给了你妹妹 | 
| [43:59] | What are you doing? | 你做什么? | 
| [44:02] | Say you do not care for me. | 说你不在乎我 | 
| [44:10] | Tell me you feel nothing, | 说你对我毫无感觉 | 
| [44:13] | and I will walk away. | 真若如此 我便走开 | 
| [44:17] | I feel… | 我对你… | 
| [44:22] | I feel… | 我对你… | 
| [44:27] | Oh! | |
| [44:30] | – I am so sorry. – Daphne. | -抱歉 -达芙妮 | 
| [44:48] | It is not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 | 
| [44:49] | I am trying very much not to think about it at all. | 我可是什么都不愿意想 | 
| [44:51] | – Daphne… – You are courting her sister. | -达芙妮… -你追求的是她妹妹 | 
| [44:53] | And I have every intention of bringing it to a point. | 我也的确打算给她个交代 | 
| [44:55] | – Why? | – Why? -为什么? -为什么? | 
| [44:58] | Because I am courting her. Because I’ve decided. | 因为我在追求她 因为我已经下定决心 | 
| [45:00] | And I had decided last year that I’d marry the prince | 去年我还决定嫁给王子呢 | 
| [45:02] | until you caught me in the garden with Simon at the Trowbridge Ball | 然而却在特鲁布里奇家的舞会 被你在花园撞上 | 
| [45:05] | under very similar circumstances. | 与刚才的情景十分类似 | 
| [45:07] | Similar only in that I am a man and Miss Sharma is a woman. | 所谓相似只是因为我是男人 而莎尔玛小姐是女子 | 
| [45:09] | And you were alone. | 你们孤男寡女 | 
| [45:11] | Quite close to one another. | 甚是亲密 | 
| [45:13] | Only there is one significant difference. Nothing, in fact, happened. | 有一点明显不同 我们什么都没做 | 
| [45:18] | It is clear that you have affection for Miss Sharma. | 显然你对莎尔玛小姐有好感 | 
| [45:21] | The two of you cannot seem to stay away from one another. | 你们总是无法远离彼此 | 
| [45:23] | Because she is aggravating! | 因为她让人心烦! | 
| [45:25] | Oh, is that what I just witnessed? | 刚才那叫让人心烦? | 
| [45:40] | There is obviously something between you. | 你们显然对彼此有感情 | 
| [45:44] | And I know that this is not as you would wish it, | 我知道 这并非如你所愿 | 
| [45:47] | but you must be honest with yourself. | 但你必须诚实面对自己 | 
| [45:51] | Because, one way or another, these kind of feelings | 因为这样的感情 | 
| [45:53] | always have a way of coming to the surface. | 迟早会以某种方式显露出来 | 
| [45:56] | And what kind of feelings are those? | 什么感情? | 
| [45:59] | Well, | 当然 | 
| [46:01] | love. | 就是爱情 | 
| [46:14] | Then I know what I must do. | 那我知道该怎么做了 | 
| [46:28] | I cannot believe you are now betrothed, Sister. | 难以置信 姐姐你居然订婚了 | 
| [46:31] | And to Cousin Jack. | 对象还是杰克表哥 | 
| [46:33] | – Do not be jealous. – I am not jealous. | 别那么嫉妒 我没有嫉妒 | 
| [46:35] | Prudence. | 普鲁登斯 | 
| [46:37] | How did it happen? | 到底怎么发生的? | 
| [46:41] | I walked up, and Mama was saying… | 我一过去 妈妈说… | 
| [46:44] | Did he compromise you? | 他冒犯你了? | 
| [46:46] | No. | 没有 | 
| [46:48] | But I suppose it looked that way. | 但表面上是这样 | 
| [46:51] | – Did Mama send you there? – Oh, what a scandal. | -是妈妈让你这么做的? -净胡说 | 
| [46:54] | Do you think Whistledown will write about it? Of course she will. | 你说维斯道恩女士会不会写这事? 她当然不会放过 | 
| [46:57] | – How could she not? – If she does… | -怎么能不写呢? -真若如此… | 
| [46:58] | Prudence, if Whistledown writes the full story, | 要是维斯道恩真的都写出来 | 
| [47:01] | it’s not some insult about our citrus dresses. | 这可不是揶揄裙色这么简单的事 | 
| [47:03] | It could ruin our family. | 而是会毁了我们整个家族 | 
| [47:05] | It could ruin you. It could ruin Mama. We could be run out of town. | 它可能会毁了你 可能会毁了妈妈 我们很可能会被踢出上流社会 | 
| [47:10] | Oh my. | 天啊 | 
| [47:13] | You truly are jealous. | 你是真的很嫉妒 | 
| [47:15] | If this was Mama’s doing, | 就算这是母亲所为 | 
| [47:16] | there is no way Whistledown could know. | 维斯道恩也不可能知道 | 
| [47:19] | Now my name will appear in Whistledown, | 如此一来 我的名字 会登上维斯道恩的小报 | 
| [47:21] | and you… | 而你… | 
| [47:24] | You will be just as you are now. | 只能继续默默无闻 | 
| [47:26] | – Prudence… – Ah-ah. | 普鲁登斯… | 
| [47:28] | I believe it is “Lady Featherington” now, to you. | 应该叫“费瑟灵顿夫人”才对 | 
| [47:50] | Lady Danbury. | 丹伯里女士 | 
| [47:52] | Uh, what are you doing still up? | 您怎么还没睡? | 
| [47:54] | I could ask you the very same. | 这话我倒想问你 | 
| [47:57] | It’s cold out here. | 这里多冷啊 | 
| [48:00] | I am merely trying to let my sister sleep. | 我只是不想打扰妹妹休息 | 
| [48:03] | I have been tossing and turning far too much. | 我一直辗转反侧 | 
| [48:06] | Have you yet told your sister? | 你有没有告诉妹妹 | 
| [48:12] | About the inheritance scheme. | 财产继承之事? | 
| [48:16] | I have not. | 还没有 | 
| [48:17] | Mmm. | |
| [48:18] | At this point, | 到了这一步 | 
| [48:20] | I fear there is no point in telling her. | 告诉她也没有意义了 | 
| [48:27] | Lady Danbury, I fear there may be | 丹伯里女士 我担心 | 
| [48:30] | no proposal from the viscount. | 子爵很可能不会求婚 | 
| [48:34] | I fear I have ruined it for Edwina. | 我担心是我毁了埃德温娜的婚事 | 
| [48:37] | Because you two cannot get along? | 因为你跟子爵合不来? | 
| [48:46] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [48:48] | And why, when you are so close to getting what you want, | 眼看自己的目标近在咫尺 | 
| [48:52] | what you need for your family’s survival, | 眼看着家人能有依靠 | 
| [48:55] | and what Edwina so clearly wants for herself, | 而妹妹显然也能如愿以偿 | 
| [48:57] | are you getting in the way? | 你又为何要自设路障呢? | 
| [49:02] | I do not know. | 我不知道 | 
| [49:05] | I do not know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 | 
| [49:07] | There is only one thing to do. | 你只需要做一件事 | 
| [49:11] | Be honest with your sister, | 坦诚地面对妹妹 | 
| [49:14] | with yourself. | 面对自己 | 
| [49:17] | You must tell her how you feel. | 告诉她你的真实感受 | 
| [49:24] | About my dislike for the viscount? | 说我讨厌子爵吗? | 
| [49:26] | About whatever it is you feel. | 你的感受是什么 就老实告诉她 | 
| [49:33] | I am going inside. | 我要进去了 | 
| [49:36] | Careful. | 当心着点 | 
| [49:38] | Or you shall catch a chill. | 不然有你难受的时候 | 
| [50:05] | You cannot just come in here. | 你不能这么随便进来 | 
| [50:06] | Why? Because it’s improper for a lady and gentleman to be alone together? | 为什么?淑女和绅士 单独相处有失体统? | 
| [50:14] | You arranged it all. | 一切都是你精心安排 | 
| [50:18] | I did what I had to do to secure my family’s future. | 我只是为了家人的未来着想而已 | 
| [50:21] | And now… | 现如今… | 
| [50:22] | And now you’ve secured yourself a future of poverty. | 现如今 你却只能在贫困中度过余生 | 
| [50:25] | You cannot just cast us out now, my lord. | 大人 你现在可不能把我们赶走 | 
| [50:27] | No, I cannot. | 的确 | 
| [50:29] | I shall indeed marry Prudence. | 我是得娶普鲁登斯 | 
| [50:30] | But you should know she is marrying a penniless man. | 但你要知道 她的夫君身无分文 | 
| [50:33] | If you intend to hurt me with your empty threats… | 如果你想用空洞的威胁让我难受… | 
| [50:35] | The only empty thing I have are those mines, Portia. | 波西娅 现如今空洞的只有我那些矿 | 
| [50:38] | They are a failure. | 生意失败了 | 
| [50:41] | I have nothing. | 我一无所有 | 
| [50:42] | You paid Philippa’s dowry. | 你支付了菲利帕的嫁妆 | 
| [50:44] | I held off the Finches with a promise of payment | 我答应芬奇家迟些再给 | 
| [50:46] | and a counterfeit ruby necklace. | 还送了一条假的红宝石项链 | 
| [50:47] | The only way for me to provide for all of us was to marry wealth. | 能养活大家的唯一办法 就是娶一位有钱的小姐 | 
| [50:51] | Someone like… | 比如… | 
| [50:53] | Miss Cressida Cowper. | 克蕾丝达考珀小姐 | 
| [51:02] | Colin. | 科林 | 
| [51:04] | We, uh, missed you at the ball last night. | 昨晚舞会你没来真可惜 | 
| [51:08] | Yes. I fear I was not feeling up to it. | 是啊 我实在无心参加 | 
| [51:10] | After seeing Marina? | 因为刚见过玛琳娜? | 
| [51:14] | How is she, Colin? | 科林 她还好吗? | 
| [51:16] | She is… content. | 她…很知足 | 
| [51:18] | Good. | 太好了 | 
| [51:21] | I am glad. | 我很欣慰 | 
| [51:24] | Perhaps seeing her was what you needed. | 也许你需要见见她 | 
| [51:29] | To leave the past behind. | 为过去做个了结 | 
| [51:32] | To no longer feel the need to | 这样也就不用再 | 
| [51:34] | forswear women. | 远离女性 | 
| [51:36] | Lady Crane said she was content, | 克雷恩夫人说她很知足 | 
| [51:39] | but I cannot help but feel like… | 但我总觉得… | 
| [51:42] | Well, we were all so hard on her. | 大家之前对她太过苛刻 | 
| [51:45] | Myself included. | 包括我自己 | 
| [51:47] | Perhaps if Lady Whistledown hadn’t rushed to print her gossip, | 如果当初维斯道恩女士没有心急爆料 | 
| [51:49] | things may have turned out differently for her. | 或许我们所有人 | 
| [51:52] | For all of us, in fact. | 都会是另外一番光景 | 
| [51:55] | But, I suppose, there is no use dwelling on the past. | 不过 纠结于过往也无济于事 | 
| [51:59] | I am, indeed, thinking of the future. | 我也正在为未来打算 | 
| [52:02] | Pardon me, Pen. | 失陪了 小佩 | 
| [52:06] | Dearest gentle reader, | 亲爱的读者 | 
| [52:08] | while much occurred at the Bridgerton country visit, | 尽管布里杰顿家的乡间巡猎多有波澜 | 
| [52:12] | this author feels not all is fit to print. | 然而依笔者之见 却并非所有都适宜刊表 | 
| [52:17] | Especially when so much is already known | 更何况许多事情在贵族圈中 | 
| [52:20] | by far too many members of the ton. | 早已人尽皆知 | 
| [52:23] | But if you thought we would reach the end of this journey | 可如果读者以为 此番征程画上句号之前 | 
| [52:27] | without this trusted author finding a truly delectable morsel of gossip, | 这位向来可靠的笔者挖不出什么猛料 | 
| [52:33] | then you are sorely mistaken. | 那你就大错特错了 | 
| [52:39] | I am sorry things did not go as planned, Bon. | 小妹 很抱歉没能让你如愿 | 
| [52:42] | It is not your fault, Didi. | 姐姐 这不怪你 | 
| [52:44] | We both did everything we could have done. | 我们都已经尽力了 | 
| [52:46] | The viscount’s feelings are clearly not there for me. | 显然子爵对我无意 | 
| [52:50] | Perhaps they are elsewhere. | 也许已经移情别处了 | 
| [53:13] | While Prudence Featherington | 普鲁登斯费瑟灵顿的婚事已定 | 
| [53:15] | seems to have secured her match, | |
| [53:17] | it was not the only occurrence of note. | 不过无独有偶 | 
| [53:23] | Edwina? | 埃德温娜? | 
| [53:27] | There is something I must tell you. | 有件事我必须告诉你 | 
| [53:29] | Wait. | 等等 | 
| [53:32] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里杰顿大人 | 
| [53:35] | Might I speak with you? | 我能和你说句话吗? | 
| [53:36] | Of course. | 当然 | 
| [53:37] | – That was meant for Miss Edwina. – My lord? | -我是指埃德温娜小姐 -怎么了 大人? | 
| [53:41] | Miss Edwina Sharma. | 埃德温娜莎尔玛小姐 | 
| [53:49] | Will you marry me? | 愿意嫁给我吗? | 
| [53:53] | Yes. | 愿意 | 
| [53:56] | Yes! Yes! | 愿意! | 
| [53:58] | I shall be your viscountess. I shall marry you. | 我愿意嫁给你 做你的子爵夫人 | 
| [54:01] | Anthony Bridgerton is now betrothed | 安东尼布里杰顿 | 
| [54:05] | to Miss Edwina Sharma. | 与埃德温娜莎尔玛小姐订婚 | 
| [54:22] | Victory, indeed. | 果然已胜利在望 |