Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

布里奇顿(Bridgerton)第2季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 布里奇顿(Bridgerton)第2季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
目录
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03
S01E04
S01E05
S01E06
S01E07
S01E08
S02E01
S02E02
S02E03
S02E04
S02E05
S02E06
S02E07
S02E08
时间 英文 中文
[00:39] Whoa. Whoa.
[00:45] I just think it’s important… No, no, no. 我只是觉得最要紧…
[00:48] Gregory, you… 格里高利
[00:50] Shh! Let her come out on her own. 你… 还是等她自己出来吧
[00:53] – Is this the plan? – Thank goodness you’re here. -这就是所谓计划? -谢天谢地 你可来了
[00:55] – She’s requested time. – We do not have time. Stand back. -她要我们给她时间 -可我们没那么多时间 退后
[00:58] No offense, Sister, but you are the last person she’d like to see. 别见怪 但她这会儿最不想见的 恐怕就是你
[01:01] – What does that mean? – Are we sure she’s in there? -这话什么意思? -她果真在里面吗?
[01:03] – Of course she is. – Where else would she be? -当然在 -不然还能在哪儿?
[01:05] – Climbed through the window, the chimney… – Quiet! She may hear you. -爬窗户 钻烟囱… -安静!她会听见的
[01:07] I left my husband and child at home for this. 你们知道我是扔下丈夫和孩子来的吧
[01:10] I told everyone this would happen, now we’re late for the queen. 我跟所有人都说了 如今觐见王后居然要迟到
[01:12] I hear something. 有动静
[01:16] Anthony. 安东尼
[01:32] If one of you utters a single word… 我看你们谁敢出声…
[01:37] Let us get this over with. 赶紧做完了事
[01:45] I yearn for someone fresh, someone unexpected, 我盼着这个社交季能来个清新的人儿 让人出乎预料
[01:49] to turn this season on its head. 扭转一下当前的氛围
[01:51] That is what we need. There is no room for indifference. 这才是我们需要的 漠不关心可要不得
[01:55] Apathy is a blight the monarchy simply cannot endure. 皇室不能容忍冷眼旁观
[01:57] Of course, Your Majesty. But remember, 那是自然 陛下 但您也要记得
[01:59] a young lady cannot be a diamond 淑女若想成为钻石
[02:02] until you anoint her as such. 还要仰仗您的加封
[02:04] So if for any reason you do not find one among the candidates today… 如果今天的候选人中没有理想的…
[02:08] Do you think she will return? 你觉得她会回归吗?
[02:10] We have heard nary a peep from Lady Whistledown 上季过后 维斯道恩女士
[02:13] since last season ended. 一点音信都没有
[02:15] Perhaps the writer came to her senses. 也许这位作家终于醒悟
[02:18] Perhaps she realized taking on her queen was a bad idea, 知道跟王后作对不会有好结果
[02:21] and she will never publish again. 从此停止刊载
[02:23] It is a convincing theory, ma’am. 的确有这种可能 夫人
[02:25] Or 或者
[02:27] she simply left for the country, as the rest of us did in the off-season, 她跟我们一样 社交季一过就去了乡下
[02:31] bored by the lack of any real gossip. 少了有料的八卦新闻
[02:33] Hmm. 成日百无聊赖
[02:37] You do know what that would make her, then? 知道这意味着什么吗?
[02:42] One of us. 她跟我们是一路人
[02:43] Hmm.
[02:46] Could we not have appealed to the queen, Mama? 妈妈 我们就不能向王后求情吗?
[02:49] After having mourned dear Papa for so very long, 为爸爸守丧这么久
[02:51] perhaps Her Majesty might extend a kindness 也许王后陛下会大发善心
[02:53] and allow us to be presented again. 让我们再度觐见
[02:55] I see no need to go through all of that again 我倒觉得没必要费那么大周章
[02:57] when I myself am already betrothed to Mr. Finch. 反正我已经许配给芬奇先生了
[02:59] Mr. Finch may very well still change his mind. 芬奇先生也可能会反悔
[03:01] Particularly when he notices there is still no dowry. 更何况人家可能知道 嫁妆还没着落
[03:04] Hush! The new Lord Featherington shall see to that, 嘘!新来的费瑟灵顿大人会解决的
[03:07] when he finally decides to show his miserly face. 就看人家什么时候赏光露脸了
[03:15] Just remember to remain composed. 记住 保持镇定
[03:16] And control your emotions. 控制情绪
[03:19] Her Majesty does not take kindly to any hint of hysterics. 王后陛下不喜欢别人一惊一乍
[03:23] I found a small smile worked best to appear open and approachable, 最好保持浅浅的微笑 显得大方亲切
[03:27] but not too eager. 又不失矜持
[03:29] Now, let us see it. 来 做一个看看
[03:32] No. 不要
[03:33] She’s practically melting. 她都吓瘫了
[03:34] – Here. Allow me. – And your curtsy, dearest. -好了 给我吧 -还有你的屈膝礼 亲爱的
[03:37] Tell your sister how you managed such balance. 给你妹妹说说 怎样保持平衡
[03:39] Simply locate a stationary object and keep your eyes set. 找一处静物 紧盯住它
[03:43] I used a painting nearby. We practiced it. 我会找附近的一幅画
[03:45] Several times. 我们练习过的 很多次了
[03:49] – You have natural gifts… – Do not patronize me. -你天生…
[03:52] – And give me that! – Oh! -少来 把扇子给我!
[03:55] My task this season cannot be exceptionally difficult. 这个社交季我的任务也不是很艰巨
[03:58] Hastings did it after all. How hard can it be? 海斯汀斯都办到了 这事能难到哪里去?
[04:00] – Ah. Spoken with such feeling too. – I do not need feeling. -多么饱腹深情 -我不需要感情
[04:03] What I need is what I have, and that is a list. 我需要的是手头现有的 需要的是一张清单
[04:06] Tolerable, dutiful, suitable enough hips for childbearing, 只要过得去、够本分、生得了孩子
[04:09] and at least half a brain. 多少有点常识
[04:11] And that last part is not so much a requirement but a preference, in fact. 最后一条不算要求 算偏好
[04:16] Miss Cordelia Patridge. 考迪利亚帕特里奇小姐
[04:20] The Lady Abigail Evans. 艾比盖尔埃文斯夫人
[04:23] Miss Mary Ann Hallewell. 玛丽安哈利威尔小姐
[04:26] Miss Margaret Goring. 玛格丽特戈灵小姐
[04:33] It is not too late. 现在退出还不晚
[04:35] You could say I collapsed. 就说我昏倒了嘛
[04:36] That I got something unmentionable on my gown. 就说我裙子上沾了什么 让人难以启齿的东西
[04:39] All the feathers affected my senses. 或者我被羽毛弄得神志不清
[04:40] Anything, Mama, to get me out of doing this. 妈妈 说什么都行 只要别让我干这个
[04:43] My darling girl. 亲爱的女儿
[04:44] No matter what, you will always be a diamond to me. 无论结果如何 你永远是我心中的钻石
[04:49] If Penelope were here… 要是佩内洛普在该多好…
[04:52] Penelope? How many times must I warn you to be wary of that window? 佩内洛普?我说过多少遍了? 别老站在窗户跟前
[04:56] Do you wish to appear like a befreckled beggar 莫非你成天晒太阳
[04:58] spending all day in the sun? 晒成麻脸叫花子吗?
[05:00] Of course not, Mama. 当然不是 妈妈
[05:02] My apologies. 抱歉
[05:08] The Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton 遗孀布里杰顿子爵夫人
[05:12] and Miss Eloise Bridgerton. 及埃洛伊斯布里杰顿小姐
[05:23] It is here. 来了
[05:29] Smile. 微笑
[05:40] What is the meaning of this? 何事惊扰? (维斯道恩女士的社交八卦小报)
[05:49] I’ve seen enough. 我已经看够了
[05:50] – But Your Majesty, there are still… – I have seen enough! -可是 陛下 还有… -我已经看够了!
[05:55] Does this mean I can go? 意思是我可以走了?
[05:56] I don’t know what this means. 我不知道这是何意味
[06:00] Eloise. 埃洛伊斯!
[06:17] Truly, I cannot say I will long for any of this. 说真的 我可不想遭这种罪
[06:21] Best of luck to you, Brother. 祝你好运 哥哥
[06:23] You shall certainly need it this season. 这个社交季 你绝对需要点运气
[06:29] Dearest gentle reader. 亲爱的读者
[06:33] Did you miss me? 想我了吗?
[07:42] As the members of our esteemed ton lazily sojourned 各位尊敬的上流贵族
[07:46] in their rustic retreats, 还在慵懒地享受乡间小憩
[07:48] this author was doing but one thing. 笔者只专注于一件事情
[07:52] I knew she would return! 我就知道 她会回来的!
[07:54] Honing my skills. 打磨技艺
[07:56] Increased her price too, I see. 看来身价也涨了
[07:57] Or should I say, hatching my plans? 或许应该说 酝酿计划?
[08:01] Is she truly that good a writer? 她果真写得那么好吗?
[08:05] No, even better. 不 更确切地说
[08:08] I was sharpening my knives… 我是为了各位读者
[08:12] – “For all of you.” – …for all of you.
[08:16] How do you think she does it? 你说她是怎么做到的?
[08:18] Certainly not by herself. How could she? 单凭她自己肯定不行
[08:21] Oh. 怎么可能? 在磨刀砺剑
[08:41] Eighteen? We agreed on 20. 18镑?说好了20磅
[08:43] My mistress changed her mind. 我家女主人改主意了
[08:46] You’re new to this arrangement, so I’ll say this only once. 你是新来的 我就好心告诉你 但我只说一次
[08:50] What my mistress wants, she gets. 我家女主人说怎样 那就是怎样
[08:53] For whatever reason, that would be you at the moment. 不管怎样 暂时是你来负责了
[08:56] That doesn’t make you special, Mr. Harris. 但这并不代表你有多了不起 哈里斯先生
[08:58] Printers in this town are ten-a-penny. 城里的印刷商一抓一大把
[09:00] But there’s only one Lady Whistledown, 维斯道恩女士可只有一个
[09:02] and she could just as easily take her business elsewhere. 找别家对她来说一点也不难
[09:05] So it’s 18, 说18就18
[09:06] not a penny more. 一分也不多
[09:08] And the delivery boys need a wage increase. 还有 给报童涨工钱
[09:11] They’re running around town while you get to sit on your lazy arse. 他们辛辛苦苦在城里四处跑 你倒乐得清闲
[09:14] Yes, ma’am. 好吧 女士
[09:16] Then my mistress thanks you for your services. 既然如此 我代女主人向你致谢
[09:19] Questions abound as to this author’s identity and means. 人们对笔者的身份和手法 存在着诸多疑问
[09:24] Seeking those answers shall prove fruitless, indeed. 而如要寻找答案 则只是白费功夫
[09:31] I am off to the market with my maid, Mama. 妈妈 我跟仆人去趟市场
[09:33] I have just a tiny bit of pin money left, and I… 我还有点零用钱 想…
[09:36] There is, of course, another unknown identity at present. 当然 目前还有另一个未知的人物
[09:41] Though, this one you will be able to unearth. 揭晓此人的身份则并不费力
[09:44] I speak of the season’s diamond, wherever she may be. 我说的就是本社交季的钻石淑女 也不知她现在何方
[09:48] Your move, Your Majesty. 下一步就看您了 陛下
[10:05] One and two. One and two. 一大二
[10:09] I do not think she’s very good. 她跳得不怎么样
[10:11] – I believe she can hear you. – I can hear you. -她能听见你说话 -我听见了
[10:14] – Ow! Watch my feet! – Might we be done? -当心我的脚! -先这样吧?
[10:16] If you are to catch the queen’s eye after that interruption, you must be perfection. 经历了今早的意外中断 下次再见到王后 你必须完美表现
[10:21] I believe it was the interruption that was perfection. 那个意外来得才叫完美
[10:23] Shocking that Eloise Bridgerton was not named the season diamond, was it not? 埃洛伊斯布里杰顿居然没当选 本季钻石淑女 怎么可能?
[10:27] Was anyone else aware that dear Colin has decided to add Albania 你们知不知道 科林云游四方
[10:29] or some such place to his itinerary as he gads about the world? 居然还要去阿尔巴尼亚?
[10:32] No. But how happy for him that he can simply decide to do that. 不清楚 但至少他可以选择 多好啊
[10:35] Joining us for tea, Anthony? 安东尼 留下来喝杯茶?
[10:36] Uh, I’m afraid I must pass. Too many calls on my funds today. 今天得失陪了 很多款项需要处理
[10:41] Now that the season has started, 社交季已经开始
[10:42] I need to fill your coffers at the modiste and oversee the hiring of extra staff. 得去女装店给你们交钱 监督雇佣额外人手
[10:46] Your ring. When you get the chance, I need it. 另外 有空请您把戒指准备好 我用得着
[10:48] The fields by Ferryhallow. I was thinking we might hold off 菲力哈洛附近的土地霜冻严重
[10:51] on leasing them due to the hard frost. 我想迟点再出租
[10:53] I beg your pardon? 你说什么?
[10:54] The frost hardens the soil, saps it of nutrients. 霜冻把土地冻硬 削弱了土地的养分
[10:56] That is very well. But you requested my ring? 那个我没意见 你跟我要戒指?
[10:59] Father’s betrothal ring. 父亲的订婚戒指
[11:00] Did someone catch your eye at the presentation, Brother? 哥哥 难不成观礼时有你看上的?
[11:04] I thought all the young ladies looked beautiful. 我觉得那些淑女都十分清秀
[11:05] Not particularly. And all the young ladies looked the same. Like ladies. 没什么特别 都打扮得差不多
[11:08] I’d simply like to be prepared for when the opportunity presents itself. 我只是想做好准备 以待良机
[11:11] The opportunity? 良机?
[11:12] I’ve compiled an index of the season’s eligible misses and arranged interviews. 我搜集了本季适合结婚的候选人 并且安排了面谈
[11:16] Interviews! 面谈!
[11:19] Dearest, I shall be more than happy to give you my ring when you find someone 亲爱的 如果你寻得挚爱 我会非常乐意
[11:23] with whom you are very much in love. 把我的戒指交给你
[11:25] Besides, it is in safekeeping at Aubrey Hall. 况且 戒指现在还放在奥布里府
[11:27] – Very well. – See that he is quite well. -好吧 -你看着他点儿
[11:30] Me? 我吗?
[11:31] I’m not in need of coddling. 我没那么娇惯
[11:33] I assure you all, everything is in order. 你们放心好了 一切尽在掌控中
[11:49] Are you looking forward to being a mother? 你期待成为母亲吗?
[11:51] Oh, very much. I am quite close with my brothers and sisters. 非常期待 我跟家中的兄弟姐妹十分要好
[11:54] I love children. 我喜欢孩子
[11:56] What number do you have in mind? 打算生几个?
[11:58] Of children? 孩子吗?
[11:59] Four. Or five. No. Perhaps six. 四个 要么五个 也许生六个
[12:03] Three children is what I have always wanted, my lord. 大人 我一直都希望能有三个孩子
[12:06] If your daughter had a penchant for overspending, 如果你的女儿喜欢挥霍
[12:08] how would you deal with that? 你打算如何处理?
[12:14] We must secure a new lady’s maid for Eloise, now that she is out. 现在埃洛伊斯已经进入社交界 必须给她找个新女仆
[12:18] Ensure she is even more strong-willed than the last. 找一位比之前那个更有主意的
[12:21] What are those? 这都是什么?
[12:23] Uh, accounts requiring your signature, my lord. 需要您处理的账单 大人
[12:27] The harp is a wonderful instrument, my lord, 大人 竖琴是一种美妙的乐器
[12:29] teaching one patience, strength, 可以磨练耐性、毅力
[12:32] and an appreciation for beauty, of course. 当然 也教人懂得欣赏美
[12:37] But do you read? 你平时阅读吗?
[12:38] Books? 读书? (戈灵小姐)
[12:59] I am fluent in French, Italian, Latin. 我会讲流利的法语、意大利语、 拉丁语
[13:03] And your Greek? 那希腊语呢?
[13:08] Apologies, my lord. I much prefer a quadrille. 抱歉 大人 我更喜欢跳方舞
[13:12] I ride. I paint. 我会骑马、绘画
[13:14] I sing. I dance. 会唱歌 会跳舞
[13:16] I can divide and multiply. 会做乘除
[13:18] I even construct my own hats. 还会给自己做帽子 (哈利威尔小姐 伊顿小姐) (克里夫顿小姐 本尼迪克特说她舞技差) (申报税额)
[13:43] Five and twenty more, my lord. 大人 还有25份
[14:15] Whoa, there! 站住!
[14:16] Miss, are you in trouble? 小姐
[14:18] Come on. 你遇上麻烦了吗? 快走
[14:41] Come on. 快走
[14:57] Careful, now! 当心前面!
[15:00] Whoa, there! 站住!
[15:28] Enjoying your victory lap? 绕场庆祝开心吗?
[15:31] You’ll not be afforded such an ample head-start this time. 这次再比 你可就没这么大优势了
[15:34] Apologies, sir. 抱歉 先生
[15:36] I did not mean to cause anyone concern. 我无意让你费心
[15:39] Does your maid know you are riding astride? 你的女仆知道你跨骑吗?
[15:41] I have no maid. 我没有女仆
[15:42] Then you’re married. 那就是已婚咯
[15:46] Forgive me. 请原谅
[15:48] Then you are lost. 那你就是迷路了
[15:49] I am not lost either. I’m on my way back to Mayfair. 我没有迷路 现在正打算回梅菲尔
[15:51] – It is just ahead. – Mayfair? -就在前面 -梅菲尔?
[15:54] Well, then… 那…
[15:55] I appreciate your attention, sir, but I assure you I am perfectly safe. 多谢关心 先生 但请放心 我非常安全
[15:58] Perhaps we pretend this encounter never took place? 不如你我就当没遇见?
[16:00] You allow me to go my way, and you go yours. 你走你的 我走我的
[16:04] You worry about being seen. 你怕被人看见
[16:05] I worry about meeting strange men in parks at dawn 我怕黎明在公园遇上
[16:08] who fail to leave me alone with their questions. 陌生人死缠烂打 问个没完
[16:10] Your secret is safe. I shall not tell a soul. 我会为你保密 绝不透露
[16:12] How grateful I am. 感激不尽
[16:13] Losing races to strange women in such parks at dawn. 黎明之时在这种园子里 赛马输给一个陌生女子
[16:18] I can only imagine the questions I would be asked. 别人会如何好奇可想而知
[16:22] Is that what that was? 你说刚才吗?
[16:24] – A race? – Was it not? -那叫赛马? -难道不是吗?
[16:26] Does one not need actual competition for a race? 要赛也要有旗鼓相当的对手 不是吗?
[16:29] If we had decided on a finish line together, 如果双方约定好终点线 当然是
[16:31] but alas, we made no such agreement. 只可惜你我没有如此约定
[16:33] I see you are not one for losing. 看来你还非赢不可
[16:35] I shall have you… 你要…
[16:39] In the rare instances it occurs, 少数情况下
[16:42] I’d admit that I have either lost or am in the wrong. 我也会痛快认输、认错
[16:44] But I’m afraid the same cannot be said for you. 而你貌似并非如此
[16:46] – I beg your pardon? – Mayfair is not right ahead. -你说什么? -梅菲尔并不在前面
[16:48] It’s the other way entirely. 而是在相反方向
[16:51] Not lost, you said? 这叫没迷路?
[16:57] Good day, sir. 日安 先生
[16:58] Let’s go. 走啦
[17:01] We have not yet been introduced. 我们还没认识一下呢
[17:03] I am afraid that is not possible. Not when I have a victory lap to enjoy. 我还要绕场庆祝 怕是没那个机会了
[17:19] Well, what do you mean she was not in her room? 什么叫她没在房里?
[17:22] I went to find her after awakening, but she was not there. 我醒了去找她 但她不在
[17:28] Lady Mary. 玛丽夫人
[17:31] Lady Danbury. 丹伯里女士
[17:33] Oh, how delightful it is to see you. 见到你真高兴
[17:35] And you. 彼此彼此
[17:37] After all these years. 多年没见
[17:41] You look well. 你气色不错
[17:43] Allow me to introduce to you my youngest, 请允许我为你介绍我的小女儿
[17:46] – Miss Edwina Sharma. – Ah. 埃德温娜莎尔玛小姐
[17:48] A true pleasure, Lady Danbury. 幸会 丹伯里女士
[17:50] I am so grateful for your hospitality. 非常感谢您殷勤款待
[17:53] Your home, it is magnificent. 府上着实华贵
[17:56] Consider it yours for the season. 本个社交季 这里也是你的家
[17:58] Though, I was expecting another? 不过 另一位千金呢?
[18:01] Yes. My eldest. 是的 我的大女儿
[18:03] Kate. 凯特
[18:04] Kate. Yes. 对了 凯特
[18:07] Well, she did get off the ship with you last night, did she not? 你们昨晚一起下船 没错吧?
[18:11] – Apologies. – Kate! -抱歉 -凯特!
[18:12] – There you are, dearest. – I hope I did not keep you waiting long. -你总算来了 亲爱的 -但愿没让各位久等
[18:15] The gardens here are so lovely. 这里的园子真是惬意
[18:18] After such a lengthy journey, 长途旅行过后
[18:20] I found that I wanted some freshness and morning air. 我很想醒醒神
[18:23] But, uh… I am here now. 呼吸晨早的空气 现在回来了
[18:25] My eldest, Lady Danbury. Miss Kate Sharma. 丹伯里女士
[18:28] Hmm. 这是我的大女儿凯特莎尔玛小姐
[18:30] Well, now that we are all arrived… 那么 既然大家都到齐了…
[18:32] Almost. 差不多
[18:33] I beg your pardon? 你说什么?
[18:34] We have almost all arrived. There is also Newton. 差不多都到齐了 还差牛顿
[18:37] Is he still upstairs? 他还在楼上吗?
[18:45] Mama tells us you host the first ball of every season, Lady Danbury. 听妈妈说 每个社交季的首场舞会 都是由丹伯里女士您来举办
[18:49] Yes. I have appropriated a conservatory 是的 我已为今年的庆典
[18:52] for this year’s festivities. 准备了一间温室
[18:54] Did you hear that, Edwina? 听到了吗 埃德温娜?
[18:56] Well, that sounds delightful. 一定十分赏心悦目
[18:58] It will make for a most spectacular entrance to society, indeed. 如此踏入社交圈 一定会惊艳四座
[19:02] I cannot tell you how eager the young ladies are 这两位小姐对于即将到来的社交季
[19:05] for the upcoming season. 都是无比期待
[19:06] As am I. 我自己亦是如此
[19:07] I would’ve ensured their presentation to Her Majesty the Queen, 我可以确保她们觐见王后陛下时 万无一失
[19:11] but I thought it wise for me to examine their deportment 不过 在她们初次见面之前 我还是先看看她们的仪态
[19:14] prior to their first engagement. 我想这样比较明智
[19:16] Her Majesty is most discerning, you understand. 如你所知 王后陛下独具慧眼
[19:20] So Her Majesty will be in attendance, then, at the ball? 也就是说 王后陛下将出席舞会?
[19:24] Well, there is no reason for concern, Lady Mary. 玛丽夫人 你大可不必担心
[19:26] You will be with me, after all. 毕竟有我在呢
[19:30] Of course. 当然
[19:31] Now, I have made all the arrangements. 我已经安排周全
[19:33] The pianoforte is tuned, the instructors hired. 钢琴已经调好音 老师也请好了
[19:36] Dance lessons begin at noon, 舞蹈课中午开始
[19:37] followed by a short but comprehensive visit 之后是简短但全面的法语课
[19:40] from a lovely French tutor I have secured. 我找了一位很好的法语老师
[19:43] Well, stand up. 好了 起立
[19:45] Both of you. Could you, uh… 你们二位 你可否…
[19:56] Exceptional posture. 身姿出众
[19:59] Beautiful smiles. 微笑甜美
[20:00] Yes, they are, quite. 是啊 的确
[20:02] The age of the elder miss may raise concern. 大小姐的年龄也许会造成顾虑
[20:05] Any suitable gentleman will require some persuading, 无论我们喜欢与否 再合适的绅士人选
[20:08] whether we like it or not, 总要经过一番劝说
[20:10] as she will already be regarded as an old maid at the mature age of… 她已经成了人们眼中的老姑娘 毕竟已经…
[20:15] Six and twenty, ma’am. 26岁 夫人
[20:16] But it should truly be of no concern, as I assure you 但您尽可放心 这真的不是问题
[20:19] I am not here to find a husband for myself, 我来不是为了替自己寻觅郎君
[20:22] only for my sister, who, indeed, stands quite tall 而是为了我妹妹 她亭亭玉立
[20:24] and smiles rather exquisitely. 笑容典雅
[20:27] Even more so when she speaks French, I rather think. 我觉得她说法语的时候尤显气质
[20:36] She is accomplished in both Latin and Greek, 她对拉丁语和希腊语都颇有造诣
[20:38] in addition to Marathi and Hindustani, of course. 马拉地语和印度斯坦语 当然也不在话下
[20:41] She not only plays sitar and maruli, but pianoforte too. 她不光会弹西塔琴 吹竹笛 还弹得一手好钢琴
[20:45] And as for her dancing, well, 至于她的舞技嘛
[20:47] it is quite remarkable, if I do say so myself. 依我看也十分出色
[20:49] And I do say so, 我之所以这么说
[20:51] considering it was I who taught my sister the cotillion, the quadrille, the waltz. 主要因为是我教妹妹沙龙舞、 方舞以及华尔兹
[20:55] Self-taught, naturally, but still quite remarkable nonetheless. 虽是自学成才
[20:59] Hmm! Well… 但依旧出色
[21:00] Kate feels quite passionately about her sister’s prospects this season. 凯特为了妹妹本季能找个好归宿 着实花了不少心思
[21:04] I hope you did not go to too much trouble, finding all of those instructors? 但愿请这些老师来没让您太费心吧?
[21:07] Not at all. 完全不会
[21:09] My mama did not err in her description of you, 母亲对您的描述恰如其分
[21:11] a woman of such grace and kindness. 您是一位文雅而善良女性
[21:14] I am sure we have much to learn from you, 我们一定能从您身上获益良多
[21:16] such as the preparation of this most excellent tea. 比如 向您学习 如何准备如此美味的茶饮
[21:23] – Kate, dear? – Mm-hmm? 凯特
[21:24] Might Newton require a walk 亲爱的? 要不要带牛顿去散散步?
[21:26] before he makes his mess all over these fine carpets? 省得他把如此精美的地毯 弄的一团糟
[21:30] Indeed. Delighted to make your acquaintance, Lady Danbury. 确实 很高兴与您相识丹伯里女士
[21:33] My sister and I do look forward to your sponsorship this season. 我和妹妹期待非常期待您本季的支持
[21:40] Daphne provided me a list of recommendations 达芙妮给了我一堆建议
[21:43] for a successful season. 助我社交季成功得手
[21:45] Private advice regarding the top ten ways in which to entrap a man. 捕获男人心的十种秘诀
[21:48] I’m telling you, Pen, 我跟你说 小佩
[21:49] the season has barely begun and already I feel touched in the head. 社交季才刚刚开始 我已经感觉精神错乱了
[21:54] Another quill? You do get through them at an extraordinary rate. 又买羽毛笔?你用得可真够快的
[21:57] I have been busy with my correspondence. 最近我一直忙着写信
[22:01] – To the new heir? Is he here yet? – No. -给新的继承人写?他已经来了?
[22:03] Oh. -没有
[22:04] I only mean, Colin has been keeping me informed of his adventures in Greece. 我是说 科林一直给我讲 他在希腊的冒险经历
[22:08] In fairness, I have stopped reading his letters. He rambles. 老实说 我已经不读他的信了 总是絮絮叨叨
[22:11] – He’s certainly no Lady Whistledown. – No. -肯定比不上维斯道恩女士 -就是
[22:14] But, then again, Colin has, in fact, been somewhere, unlike her. 但科林至少出去见过世面 不像她
[22:17] Well, I thought you revered Whistledown. 你不是挺敬佩维斯道恩的嘛
[22:19] Did her arrival not save you from your presentation to the queen? 她的小报一出现 不是拯救了你的觐见礼吗?
[22:22] I was delighted by the diversion, to be sure. But, 我很庆幸有人让王后分神
[22:25] I sat with her paper all morning, 可我抱着她的小报看了一早上
[22:26] and in truth, all she does is repeat what she hears. 老实说 她一直在照搬 那些听来的消息
[22:29] Someone must report the gossip. Does she not have a way with words? 八卦总要有人写 她不是擅长言语吗?
[22:32] But what is she saying with those words? 可这些言语又想表达什么呢?
[22:34] Truly, I did not mind Whistledown’s silence the last ten months, 老实说 维斯道恩沉寂了十个月 这倒也不错
[22:37] as it finally gave me some time to read a few articles of substance. 我终于有时间 读几篇有实质内容的文章
[22:41] “My own sex, I hope, will excuse me if I treat them like rational creatures, “如果我把他们当作理性生物 而非一味曲意逢迎
[22:45] instead of flattering their fascinating graces.” 但愿我的性别能为我开脱”
[22:48] Wollstonecraft. 沃斯通克拉夫特
[22:49] Rather haughty. 口气不小
[22:51] Imagine if Whistledown wrote like this, 想象一下如果维斯道恩也这么写
[22:53] instead of simply turning our eye to every newly-minted debutante. 而不是一味关注初入社交界的新人
[22:57] Perhaps then we might find our respite 也许大家都能喘口气
[22:59] from the tedious sequence of tea parties and balls. 不必面对没完没了的茶会、舞会
[23:01] I rather think the only reason Whistledown writes about such things 要我说 维斯道恩写这种东西
[23:05] is because she is not an active participant in them. 就是因为自己没能好好参与
[23:07] Oh. Everyone has their theory, I suppose. Mmm. 各人有各人的说法
[23:13] Would you like me to prepare some potatoes for the ladies downstairs, ma’am? 夫人 要我下楼为小姐们 做点土豆吃吗?
[23:17] Potatoes? Again? 土豆?又是土豆?
[23:18] Why are we always eating potatoes? 我们为什么总吃土豆?
[23:20] Because these days, I am the housekeeper, lady’s maid, scullery maid, and cook. 因为现在我既要当管家 还得兼女仆、帮厨 还要做饭
[23:25] Have all the staff truly departed? 妈妈 难不成佣人真的走光了?
[23:27] Though I am quite good at boiling the veg. 我的蔬菜也煮得不错呢
[23:29] Thank you, Mrs. Varley. Potatoes would be lovely. 谢谢 瓦里夫人 土豆挺好
[23:32] A season with no new dresses, nor servants. 社交季来临 没有新裙子 也没有佣人
[23:35] Are we to empty our own chamber pots too? 难不成还得自己倒夜壶?
[23:37] – Mama, I cannot do that. – Calm yourselves. -妈妈 我可做不来 -别慌
[23:40] As I have told you, once the new Lord Featherington arrives, 我告诉过你们 等新的费瑟灵顿大人一来
[23:43] we will be provided for. 我们就衣食无忧了
[23:44] Well, where is he? Why is he taking so long? 那他人在哪里?怎么这么久还不来?
[23:48] Because he wishes to make us suffer. 因为他想让我们受罪
[23:53] The new Lord Featherington is off somewhere, 这位新的费瑟灵顿大人 正躲在什么地方
[23:55] delighting in our misfortune, 幸灾乐祸
[23:57] because the man is as cruel as can be. 因为这个男人冷酷至极
[23:59] I hear he cast his only son out to the Americas 我听说他把唯一的儿子丢到美洲
[24:02] for daring to question his word. 就因为质疑父亲的话
[24:03] I tremble to think where he will send the rest of us if he has a mind. 真不敢想 如果他动了心思 会把我们赶去哪里
[24:07] Cornwall, perhaps. 兴许是康沃尔
[24:08] Cornwall? 康沃尔?
[24:10] Well, I suppose you may visit Mr. Finch and me. 也许你们可以来我和芬奇先生家做客
[24:13] If there is nary a penny for new dresses or staff, 如果没钱做新裙子、请佣人
[24:15] there is none for her dowry. 那嫁妆就更没指望了
[24:17] He shall prevent me from marrying? 他会阻拦我出嫁?
[24:19] Of course not. 当然不会
[24:20] The man may be an old, bitter curmudgeon, but he is a gentleman 虽然他年纪大、脾气坏 但毕竟还是一位绅士
[24:23] and he will keep a gentleman’s agreement. 绅士会信守诺言
[24:25] Which is why we must waste no time in finding matches for the lot of you. 所以我们必须抓紧时间 为你们几个找郎君
[24:30] Unless you are all betrothed by the time our cousin arrives 除非表亲来接手费瑟灵顿家产时 你们都名花有主
[24:32] to claim the Featherington estate, we shall be at his mercy. 不然我们只能任他处置
[24:36] And then… heaven help us all. 那就只能自求多福了
[24:42] You could always sell the silverware. 家里的银器总可以卖吧
[24:44] The dinner service should fetch a handsome price. 那些餐具能卖个好价钱呢
[25:01] Are you thinking of wearing that one? 你打算穿那件?
[25:04] It is quite beautiful. 它很漂亮
[25:06] No. These are for you, Bon. 不 小妹 这都是给你准备的
[25:08] We have come to London to find your husband, not mine. 我们这次来伦敦是为你寻觅如意郎君 不是为了我
[25:11] Yes. You are but a dear old maid. 是啊 你不过是个老姑娘罢了
[25:13] Ah. Who shall be perfectly happy doting on my many nieces and nephews one day soon. 不久的将来 等老姑娘有了侄男外女 也会对他们疼爱有加
[25:18] I shall spoil them exceedingly. You do know that, yes? 我会把他们宠上天 你知道的 对吧?
[25:24] What is it? 怎么了?
[25:26] I… 我…
[25:29] only hope they like me tonight. 我只希望今晚能受人青睐
[25:33] How could they not? 怎么可能不喜欢呢?
[25:37] Mama is doing that thing she always does when she is worried. 看妈妈的样子 一定是又在担心了
[25:41] The gossip she endured after marrying Appa 嫁给阿爸 她忍受了诸多闲言碎语
[25:43] had to have been unbearable, do you not think? 肯定不堪重负 不是吗?
[25:45] Is this what troubles you? That was many years ago. 你在为这个苦恼? 那都是多年前的事了
[25:48] Everyone will still have questions. 但人们还是会问这问那
[25:50] About our family. About how you and I are related. 好奇我们的家世 好奇你我如何成了亲戚
[25:54] We are sisters. 我们是姐妹
[25:56] This place may feel different, 虽说此地是另一番感受
[25:57] but it will never change the way you and I see each other. 但它永远改变不了你我的情谊
[26:01] Besides, you heard Lady Danbury. She will smooth everything over. 再说 丹伯里女士的话你也听到了 她会让一切都顺顺利利的
[26:06] She is on our side. 她是向着我们的
[26:08] The dowager is more formidable than I imagined. 这位贵妇人比我想象的要威严许多
[26:12] She will have your head when she learns of your secret morning ride. 要是她知道你清晨偷溜出去骑马 肯定饶不了你
[26:16] Are you certain no one saw you? 你确定没被人看到?
[26:18] Yes. Now, never mind her. 确定 行了 别担心了
[26:20] The dowager is not half as frightening as she thinks she is. 她没有你想的那么可怕
[26:24] You must be excited. 你一定很期待吧
[26:26] This is the first chapter of a happy story. 幸福人生的第一章已经开启
[26:30] All you have to do this evening 今晚你只需要清楚
[26:31] is remember what it is you are looking for. 自己想找何种伴侣
[26:34] Hmm.
[26:35] – Someone charming. – Mm-hmm. 要有魅力
[26:38] And handsome, of course. 当然 相貌要英俊
[26:40] A prince or a duke, perhaps. 亲王或者公爵
[26:42] It is not a man’s appearance or title that will woo you. 吸引你的不应是一个人的样貌与头衔
[26:45] It is his mind and spirit that will court yours. 而应是他的思想与意志
[26:49] He will speak in a manner that only your heart can hear. 一个只与你心意相通的人
[26:54] That is what you are looking for. 那才是你要寻找的
[26:56] That is the true love you deserve. 才是你值得拥有的真爱
[27:07] This one? 这件
[27:08] They will not be ready. 他们怕是要承受不住了
[27:40] Just remember to breathe, Bon. 小妹
[27:43] Ah. 保持呼吸
[27:47] The Marquis of Ashdown. 阿什当侯爵
[27:49] A little young, to be sure, but he has 10,000 a year. 虽然年纪略小 但年入万镑
[27:54] The Earl of Gloucester. His wife recently died of influenza. 格洛斯特伯爵 其妻子最近因流感身故
[27:58] He might make a particularly estimable addition 此人尤其能为莎尔玛大小姐你
[28:01] to your dance card this evening, Miss Sharma. 今晚的邀舞卡增色不少
[28:02] I will not be taking to the floor tonight, Lady Danbury. 丹伯里女士 今晚我不会应邀跳舞
[28:05] Is there someone back home you’ve yet to tell me about? 难到你已有心仪之人 却没有告诉我吗?
[28:08] Come now. I am long past all of that. 诶哟 我早就过了那个阶段了
[28:10] The only match I am interested in is for my sister. 我只关心妹妹的归宿
[28:13] She trusts me implicitly. Now, what about the Duke of Suffolk? 她绝对信任我 那萨福克公爵怎么样?
[28:17] According to Debrett’s, he should be quite the catch this year. 根据《德倍礼贵族年鉴》介绍 他应是今年的抢手人选
[28:20] The duke flaunts his mistresses. 这位公爵四处炫耀自己的情妇
[28:22] I assure you, Miss Sharma, I have our prospects well in hand. 莎尔玛小姐
[28:26] Ah. 你大可放心 我自有安排
[28:27] There she is. 她来了
[28:32] So many flowers, 群芳争艳
[28:35] when what I really seek is a gem. 但我要找的是宝石
[28:38] Oh.
[28:40] So soon, Lady Danbury? 现在就去吗 丹伯里女士?
[28:44] Lady Danbury. A delightful soiree, as expected. 丹伯里女士 不出所料 晚会果然精彩
[28:48] Though my own later this week will be much more exclusive. 不过 本周晚些时候由我举办晚会 到时嘉宾人选可要挑剔许多
[28:51] Your Majesty, I would not think to compare. 王后陛下 我万不敢与您相比
[28:54] And rightly so. 识时务者为俊杰
[28:56] Your Majesty, may I present Lady Mary Sharma, 王后陛下 容我为您介绍 玛丽莎尔玛夫人
[28:59] whom you must remember. 您一定有印象
[29:01] And may I present her daughters, 这边是她的两位千金
[29:03] Miss Sharma and Miss Edwina Sharma, 莎尔玛大小姐和她的妹妹埃德温娜
[29:07] my personal special guests for the season. 她们是我本季的贵宾
[29:09] A high honor, indeed. 还真是赏光啊
[29:11] I hear you have made quite a journey 我听说玛丽夫人这是多年之后
[29:14] to join us again after all these years, Lady Mary. 才漂洋过海与我们重聚
[29:16] If only you had extended the courtesy 若是动身之前
[29:18] of offering your queen a final farewell before you left. 懂得跟王后道声别 那该有多好
[29:25] Oh, I do relish a challenge. 我还就喜欢挑战
[29:43] Stop fussing with your dress. 别收拾裙子了
[29:45] You look lovely, dear. 已经很漂亮了
[29:46] I look like a prize calf, trussed up for auction. 我就像个良种牛犊 打扮了送去拍卖
[29:49] Even Daphne felt most apprehensive 连达芙妮第一次参加正式舞会
[29:51] at her first official ball, and look how well her season turned out. 都战战兢兢的 你看她最终的成果
[29:54] Oh, right. 是吗
[29:55] Oh.
[29:56] Come, Sister. The cakes at these occasions are surprisingly good. 来吧 妹妹
[29:59] Uh… Uh… 这种场合的糕点 都格外美味呢
[30:04] It truly is a sparse crop. 真是乏善可陈
[30:06] Oh, I am sure there is someone here who will charm you. 这里一定有人能吸引你
[30:10] After all, this is the season the viscount intends to find a wife. 毕竟这个社交季 子爵大人 打算觅得贤妻
[30:16] – You honestly just did that? – I believe I did. -还带您这样的呢? -应该是吧
[30:19] Lady Bridgerton. 布里杰顿夫人
[30:20] Lord Bridgerton. 布里杰顿大人
[30:22] – Dance, please, Lord Bridgerton? – Good evening. -能赏光共舞吗 布里杰顿大人? -晚上好
[30:29] Is that Lady Mary Sheffield Sharma? 那不是玛丽谢菲尔德莎尔玛夫人吗?
[30:32] I can’t believe she would show her face here again. 难以置信 她居然还敢露脸
[30:34] A scandal, Mama? 牵涉丑闻吗 妈妈?
[30:36] Lady Mary was the incomparable of our season, 玛丽夫人是我们那一季的翘楚
[30:39] until she fell in love with and married some kind of clerk, I hear. 后来我听说 她爱上并下嫁给什么文员
[30:42] The two of them absconded to India thereafter. 尔后两个人跑到了印度
[30:45] A maharajah I would have understood, 若是个大君我还能理解
[30:48] but the man was no more than a common worker who already had a child. 可那个男人不过是个普通小工 而且还有个孩子
[30:52] That must be her. 那想必就是她了
[30:54] The older one. 大一点那个
[30:55] Lady Mary’s parents, the Sheffields, never lived down the shame, did they? 玛丽夫人的娘家 谢菲尔德家 一直都抬不起头 对吧?
[30:59] Too ashamed to show their faces in London. 都不敢在伦敦露面
[31:01] If only every family could be as respectable as ours. 要是大家都能像我们家一样 受人敬重 那该多好
[31:04] Yes, Lady Featherington? 对吧
[31:09] Dearest! 费瑟灵顿夫人?
[31:11] My love. -亲爱的!
[31:19] Hmm. -我的爱人
[31:20] Mr. and Mrs. Finch. 芬奇先生 芬奇太太
[31:22] Lady Featherington. 费瑟灵顿夫人
[31:24] It is a delightful surprise to see you in attendance. 你能出席真是令人惊喜
[31:27] After such a long mourning period. 毕竟服丧服了这么久
[31:30] Almost as long as our son has been courting Philippa, 都快赶上我们儿子 追求菲利帕的时间了
[31:33] if you can imagine. 想想看
[31:34] Yes. 是啊
[31:36] It has been a difficult time, indeed. 的确是一段艰难岁月
[31:39] Darkness has been our candle in recent months. 最近几个月 黑暗之烛
[31:42] Mmm. Have you come unaccompanied? 一直与我们为伴 没有人陪同你吗?
[31:44] Or has the new heir finally come to manage 还是说新的家族继承人已经到来
[31:46] this unsettled business of your daughter’s dowry? 解决令千金悬而未决的嫁妆问题?
[31:51] “Unsettled.” That is the precise word, Mr. Finch, “悬而未决” 正是如此 芬奇先生
[31:54] because I, too, have been… 而我自己也是惴惴不安
[31:57] …very unsettled, indeed.
[31:59] Shaken to the bone, in fact, by… 哀痛之至
[32:02] …by grief. 惶惶不可终日
[32:04] Missing my dear, dear, very dead husband. 想念我那亲爱的亡夫
[32:07] I told you it was too soon! 我就说为时尚早!
[32:10] You told me you wished for the boy to be out of the house! 你说的想让那小子早点出去嘛!
[32:14] Our apologies, Lady Featherington. 很抱歉 费瑟灵顿夫人
[32:17] Do let us know when you are more… settled. 等您略微安定一些了 请务必知会我们
[32:20] Yes? 好吗?
[32:35] – Number eight? – Yes. -第八曲? -是的
[32:37] I know that gentleman. 我认得那位先生
[32:38] – Who? – The viscount? -谁? -子爵?
[32:41] I do not believe I have yet made an introduction. 我还没介绍你们认识呢
[32:45] Of course. 当然
[32:46] It must be my mistake. 一定是我认错了
[32:48] Though you have quite the eye. 不过你眼光不错
[32:50] Viscount Bridgerton is wealthy, well-connected, 布里杰顿子爵家底殷实 人脉甚广
[32:54] and from one of the ton’s most illustrious families. 而且出身贵族名门
[32:57] Apparently hoping to marry this season, 显然他想趁本季娶妻
[32:59] he may very well be our most eligible bachelor, indeed. 也许他还真是个有力人选
[33:03] He is very handsome. 他很英俊
[33:05] Yes. 是啊
[33:07] I suppose he is. 应该是吧
[33:09] Lord Corning. I was hoping to see you this evening. 科尔宁大人 正盼着你来呢
[33:13] Allow me to introduce Miss Sharma 请允许我为你介绍莎尔玛大小姐
[33:17] and Miss Edwina Sharma. 以及埃德温娜莎尔玛小姐
[33:20] It is a pleasure. Miss Edwina, would you honor me with a dance? 幸会 埃德温娜小姐 能请你赏光共舞吗?
[33:24] Corning, you said? 科尔宁是吧?
[33:25] The Baron Corning. 科尔宁男爵
[33:31] I would be delighted, my lord. 非常乐意 大人
[33:38] I do not recall reading of Corning’s family in my research. 我不记得做调查时 读到过有关科尔宁家族的背景
[33:41] It does not matter what you have and have not read. 不管你读到什么 没读到什么
[33:45] It is unacceptable here 在这种场合 除非小姐已获邀约
[33:47] for a lady to decline a dance with a gentleman 否则 拒绝绅士邀舞
[33:49] unless she’s already reserved by another. 是绝对的大忌
[33:53] I see we have much to learn. 有些人道行尚浅啊
[34:04] Spanish dance? 西班牙舞曲?
[34:11] And they say Millerson has a whelp in the country. 据说米勒森在乡下有个野种
[34:14] Spitting image of his father. 跟他爸像一个模子里刻出来的
[34:18] There you are. 你在这儿呀
[34:19] Oh, Pen, I’m so glad to see you. Mama is already being insufferable. 小佩 有你在真是太好了 妈妈真是够烦
[34:23] At least she did not see fit to dress you as a sunflower. 至少她没把你打扮成向日葵
[34:25] I declare a bee might mistake me for the real thing. 我敢说蜜蜂见了我都会错当成真花
[34:27] Miss Bridgerton. May I request your next dance? 布里杰顿小姐 能邀你跳下一支舞吗?
[34:30] Or I might accompany you to fetch some lemonade? 或者陪你去饮些柠檬汁?
[34:32] – You seem parched. – How can you tell? Is she wilting? -你好像口干了 -你怎么知道?她蔫了吗?
[34:34] Or punch, if you prefer? 或许你喜欢潘趣酒?
[34:36] – A plant pun, if you’re wondering. – Apologies, gentlemen. -那是花草双关 -抱歉 先生们
[34:38] I regret to inform you that my dance card is already full. 很遗憾 我的邀舞卡已经满了
[34:45] Lord Byron? Wellington? Eloise, these names are false! 拜伦大人?威灵顿? 埃洛伊斯 这都是瞎编的名字!
[34:49] I am merely following my sister’s valuable advice. 我只是听从了姐姐的建议
[34:51] She told me that it is of the utmost importance 她说淑女的邀舞卡上
[34:53] for a lady’s dance card to be filled with all of the right names. 一定要填满适宜的名字
[34:56] Eloise? 埃洛伊斯?
[34:57] There you are, dear. 亲爱的 原来你在这儿呢
[34:59] Come. There is someone I would like you to meet. 来
[36:03] Bridgerton! 给你介绍个人 布里杰顿!
[36:11] I owe you a drink. 我欠你一杯酒
[36:12] Whatever for? 这从何说起?
[36:13] With you as the prize catch of the season, the rest of us shall receive a respite 你成了本季的钻石王老五 我们其余人等就能喘口气
[36:16] from the marriage-minded mamas this season, indeed. 免受一心只想嫁女的姨婆纠缠
[36:19] Enjoy your freedom while it lasts. 趁着还是自由身 抓紧享受吧
[36:21] You, too, will soon submit to this ridiculous rigmarole of courtship. 你们迟早也要就范 加入这无聊荒谬的求偶游戏
[36:25] Squiring every eligible miss around town until you’re barely able to see straight. 陪着那些待嫁的小姐在城里逛 直到眼睛几乎看歪
[36:29] Is one lady unlike any other? 那些淑女能有多大区别?
[36:31] Simply pick the least objectionable and get her wed, bed, and bred. 挑个最不碍眼的 娶了 睡了 生了
[36:34] Then you can return to more pleasurable pursuits. 然后就可以回来找乐子
[36:36] And more pleasurable partners. 找更解风情的人儿陪你
[36:39] You may be cavalier, but if I must leg-shackle myself in marriage, 你当你的风流骑士 可若要我绑上婚姻的枷锁
[36:42] the lady in question should have more to recommend her. 对方怎么说也要有几分优点才行
[36:45] Do not tell us you are hoping for a love match? 莫非你还想相爱结婚?
[36:46] Love is the last thing I desire. 我可不指望什么爱情
[36:49] But if my children are to be of good stock, 可如果想让我的孩子有名门教养
[36:51] then their mother must be of impeccable quality. 做母亲的也必须无可挑剔
[36:53] A pleasing face, an acceptable wit, 眉清目秀 懂点风趣
[36:56] genteel manners enough to credit a viscountess. 温文尔雅 配得上子爵夫人的头衔
[36:58] It should not be hard to find. 应该不难找
[37:00] And yet, the debutantes of London fall short at every turn. 然而 伦敦这些初入社交界的女子 却差强人意
[37:03] You want the best. Perhaps the queen will finally name a diamond. 你想得到最好的 也许王后最终会选出钻石淑女
[37:06] Save you some trouble. At least, of choosing her. 也给你省了麻烦 至少你不用选了
[37:09] Wooing the piece will be a different story, indeed. 但追求能否得手 就是另一回事了
[37:11] I shall have no problem there. 这我应该不在话下
[37:16] – Smoking room, gentlemen? – I shall be there anon. -先生们 去吸烟室吗? -我马上就来
[37:31] Is someone there? 那边有人吗?
[37:38] I can hear y… 我听到…
[37:42] you. 是你
[37:44] Pardon me, my lord. 请原谅 大人
[37:46] I never got your name. 我还不知道你的名字
[37:48] I was wondering if we’d meet again. 之前我还在想 会不会再见面呢
[37:50] So you might discern if my wit is acceptable, 这样你就可以看看我懂不懂风趣
[37:52] my manners genteel? 举止是否文雅?
[37:54] You were eavesdropping? 你一直在偷听?
[37:55] It was hardly an effort, 哪里还至于偷听
[37:57] seeing as you were proclaiming your many requirements for a wife 你在那边大谈特谈择偶要求
[37:59] loud enough for the entire party to hear. 全场都听得清清楚楚
[38:01] You take issue with them? 你对它们有意见?
[38:02] I take issue with any man who views women merely as chattels and breeding stock. 对于任何一个只把女人当所属品 当生育工具的男人 我都有意见
[38:06] None of that was meant… 我可没这个…
[38:07] Viscount Bridgerton, yes? 布里杰顿子爵 对吧?
[38:08] When you manage to find this paragon of virtue, 如果你真找到这么一位 完美的贤淑伴侣
[38:11] whatever makes you think she will accept your suit? 你怎么知道对方愿意接受你?
[38:14] Are the young ladies of London truly so easily won 莫非伦敦的淑女都这么好哄
[38:17] by a pleasing smile and absolutely nothing more? 给个迷人的微笑就别无他求?
[38:19] So, you find my smile pleasing. 就是说 你觉得我笑容迷人?
[38:21] I find your opinion of yourself entirely too high. 我觉得你过于高看自己了
[38:23] Your character is as deficient as your horsemanship. 你的品格和你的骑术一样差强人意
[38:27] I shall bid you good night. 祝你晚安
[38:47] Ah. Pen! 小佩!
[38:48] Pen. Are you going somewhere? -你这是要走?
[38:51] I was… just getting some air. It is so very stifling in the ballroom. -出来透口气而已 舞厅里太憋闷了
[38:56] The air or the dreary conversation? 你是指空气 还是那些枯燥的对话?
[38:59] I do suppose this is the one benefit of being out. 可能这也是初入社交界的好处
[39:02] I have you to run off with. We shall never have to be alone. 我还能跟你一起躲清静 你我都不会孤伶伶的
[39:06] My thoughts exactly. 我们想到一块儿去了
[39:13] Have you seen your brother or your sister? 看到你哥哥或者你妹妹了吗?
[39:15] They managed to escape you? Good for them. 他们居然从您手中逃脱了?挺厉害啊
[39:20] Lady Danbury. Splendid evening. 丹伯里女士 今晚太精彩了
[39:23] For the most part. 总体还行吧
[39:25] There are a few guests whose absence I might not have regretted. 有些客人没来 倒也没什么可惜
[39:28] I do hope I am not one of them. 但愿我不是其中之一
[39:30] You and I have common interests this season, it seems. 你我这一季似乎有些意趣相投呢
[39:33] I heard. Your wards, I look forward to meeting them. 我听说了 也很期待认识 您所关照那两位小姐呢
[39:36] And I look forward to showing these other mamas 我也很期待 让其他嫁女的母亲们见识见识
[39:38] how the game ought to be played. 游戏到底应该怎么玩
[39:40] Though, it appears you have already stoked the fire by informing them 不过 你似乎已经把子爵本季的意图
[39:44] of the viscount’s intentions for this season. 昭告世人了
[39:46] My son said he was ready. Who am I to question it? 我儿子说时机已到 我又能说什么?
[39:48] They all must come around eventually, I suppose. 这都是迟早的事
[39:51] Lady Danbury, we wish to leave. 丹伯里女士 我们想退场了
[39:52] Miss Sharma, allow me to introduce you… 莎尔玛小姐 容我介绍…
[39:54] Charmed. My mama is already in our carriage. 幸会 我母亲已经上马车了
[39:56] We will see you at home. 我们府上见
[39:59] People are watching, my dear. You are clearly upset… 亲爱的 大家可都看着呢 显然你不太高兴…
[40:02] What is clear is we are woefully unprepared 显然我们毫无准备
[40:04] to navigate this lion’s den. I am sure Edwina’s absence 无法在这龙潭虎穴中自如周旋 埃德温娜此时缺席
[40:07] will only make her that much more desirable. 一定会让追求者对她更加渴望
[40:10] It truly was a magnificent soiree, Lady Danbury. 丹伯里女士 今天的晚会着实盛大
[40:13] We are most grateful. 我们感激之至
[40:18] Well, 诶哟
[40:20] it would seem both of us may have our hands full this year. 看来你我今年都不省心
[40:23] Not if I have something to say about it. 除非我有话说
[40:25] And as you very well know, I always have something to say. 而你也清楚 我向来都有话说
[40:33] Delightful evening, Mama! 妈妈 今晚很愉快!
[40:35] Night, Sisters! 晚安 姐姐!
[40:36] Good night, young ladies! 晚安 孩子们!
[41:30] – Can you go any faster? – Yes, miss! -能再跑快点吗? -是 小姐! (赞善里印刷坊)
[41:41] Lawks, I thought you weren’t coming. 哎哟 我还以为你不来了呢
[41:44] My mistress apologizes for the delay. 我家女主人为迟来致歉
[41:46] This is for today. It must print before noon. 这是今日份的 中午之前必须印好
[41:51] Last edition’s takings, yes? 按照上一版的规格 对吧?
[41:54] 800 copies at five pence apiece, sold for eight pence each, 一共800份 每份五便士 卖价八便士
[41:57] minus the delivery boys’ wages, there should be eleven pounds, 扣除报童的工钱 应该总共是
[42:00] two shillings here altogether. 11镑零两个先令
[42:02] My mistress is willing to take an even ten. 我家女主人愿意只收10镑
[42:04] You get to keep the surplus for your rapid service. 零头算是你赶工的报偿
[42:06] These delays will be more frequent now due to an… unforeseen circumstance, 日后这样的延迟可能会愈发频繁 因为有…不可预知的情况
[42:11] so, it’s really a bargain. 所以对你很划算
[42:18] There is nothing quite like 成功的美妙滋味
[42:20] the sweet-scented smell of success. 总是无可比拟
[42:24] But after taking in the scene from last night’s festivities, 但见过了昨日晚会的阵势
[42:27] it is clear the season won’t be quite so fragrant for everyone. 显然本季并非会人人得意
[42:35] The Viscount Bridgerton’s own mama 布里杰顿子爵的母亲
[42:38] may have loudly declared her eldest son’s 虽已大声宣告
[42:41] lofty intentions to marry, 长子的娶妻弘愿
[42:43] yet I cannot be the only one wondering 但恐怕不止我一个人好奇
[42:46] if this former Capital-R-Rake 从前十足的浪子
[42:49] is, indeed, ready to flourish. 是否真的准备好开花结果了
[42:55] Perhaps the viscount, like the rest of us, 也许子爵大人和我们一样
[42:58] is simply waiting for the queen to finally name her diamond. 就等着王后宣布钻石淑女的人选
[43:03] Or perhaps this author 也许笔者
[43:05] should take matters into her own hands. 应该亲自插手
[43:08] I shall not be hustled into making my selection. 我才不会受人逼迫 仓促选择
[43:11] Not by anyone. 谁也别想得逞
[43:12] Of course, Your Majesty. 当然 陛下
[43:13] Take this away. 把这个拿走
[43:15] And bring me a list of the peerage. 给我拿贵族爵位清单来
[43:26] Some tea, my lord? 大人 要喝茶吗?
[43:27] Perhaps some warm milk may be better. 来点热牛奶更合适
[43:30] Oh! Are those marbles? What fun! 玩弹珠吗?太好了!
[43:35] Might I go and read now? 我能去看书了吗?
[43:37] Though, of the many purportedly well-trained 不过 今年展示了众多
[43:40] and bred hothouse flowers on display this year, 相传精心浇灌的 温室花朵
[43:44] this author must wonder 笔者好奇
[43:47] if a more surprising choice might still be in store. 会不会从中诞生惊喜之选
[43:53] The younger one would do, if the eldest just got out of the way. 妹妹还可以 没有姐姐碍事就好了
[43:56] The sister is dreadful. 太讨人嫌了
[44:03] Not on my chair! 别上我的椅子!
[44:12] Whichever darling miss receives such high esteem, 无论是哪位佳人获此殊荣
[44:16] let us hope there is a suitor available of only the sharpest wit, 但愿能有一位思维犀利的追求者
[44:21] lest his dry musings leave a young lady wilting like a parched rose. 以免枯燥的琐思令妙龄淑女 如干枯的玫瑰一般凋萎
[44:28] It is rather clever the way she uses plant puns to belittle. 真聪明 用花草双关来贬低对方
[44:32] Clever indeed! 的确很聪明!
[44:35] The candlesticks, see what they’re worth. 问问看烛台值多少钱
[44:38] Yes, ma’am. 是 夫人
[44:43] There. You see? 这不 你看吧?
[44:48] Lady Goring was quite taken 德拉克洛瓦女士
[44:50] with Eloise’s dress last night, Madame Delacroix. 戈灵夫人很喜欢埃洛伊斯昨晚的裙子
[44:52] She would keep saying how well it complemented her complexion. 一直说裙子很衬她的肤色
[44:56] She said you reminded her of Daphne, dearest. 还说你让她想起达芙妮 亲爱的
[44:59] I am not Daphne. 我可不是达芙妮
[45:02] – This is the one. – Ah. 就是这个
[45:03] With pleasure, Lady Bridgerton. 乐意效劳 布里杰顿夫人
[45:10] You do know, Eloise, that you might enjoy the next ball 埃洛伊斯 你明知道 若是跟谁跳一曲
[45:13] if you, in fact, danced with someone. 下场舞会也许你会乐在其中
[45:15] Meeting new people, it can be thrilling. 结交新人多令人激动啊
[45:18] Yes, it certainly seemed as though Anthony had a thrilling time. 是啊 安东尼看起来就挺激动的
[45:21] Swept away by many a nimble-footed young lady, Brother? 哥哥 有没有哪个 舞步轻快的淑女令你倾心?
[45:24] I can still barely feel my toes. 我的脚趾现在还麻着呢
[45:26] I thought you ladies were taught to dance. 淑女们不都学过跳舞吗
[45:28] I thought you gentlemen capable of worthwhile conversation. 绅士们不都谈吐机智吗?
[45:31] How sad both of our hopes were dashed. 真可惜 你我都幻想破灭
[45:35] I think Eloise would make a brilliant diamond. 我觉得埃洛伊斯也能成为 出色的钻石淑女
[45:38] I could not agree more, Hyacinth. 海厄森斯 你所言极是
[45:40] Perhaps Her Majesty will take note at her ball tomorrow night. 也许王后陛下 会在今晚的舞会上留意她
[45:44] I despise you. 我鄙视你
[45:49] Madame Delacroix. 德拉克洛瓦女士
[45:50] I didn’t know you were back in town. 我都不知道你回城了
[45:52] Bien sûr! 当然要回来!
[45:53] Who else could dress these delicate debutantes for the season? 不然本季初入社交界的淑女 衣裙要谁来做?
[45:59] Does that mean I shall see you later on tonight? 那是不是说 今夜晚些时候 我们能见面?
[46:02] I hear there’s a party. 我听说今晚有聚会
[46:05] I have much work to do, Mr. Bridgerton, 布里杰顿先生 我工作繁忙
[46:09] and my art must come before all else. 我的艺术先于一切
[46:13] Enjoy your time. 祝您愉快
[46:19] Brother. 弟弟
[46:26] Are you and the modiste still, uh, making a stitch? 你跟女装店老板还藕断丝连着呢?
[46:29] Apparently not. Have you found a wife yet? 显然没有 你有妻子的人选了吗?
[46:31] Or are you planning to offend every girl until there are none left? 还是打算把所有的姑娘都得罪光?
[46:34] Is Mother aware? 母亲知道吗?
[46:35] – Aware of what? – I’m off to deal with our solicitor. -知道什么? -我出发去见家族律师了
[46:39] Have fun with your pretty pictures, Brother. 作画愉快 弟弟
[46:45] Anthony? 安东尼?
[46:48] There were some lovely young ladies in attendance last night, were there not? 昨晚有很多清秀佳人到场 对吧?
[46:53] Lady Delilah has beautiful manners, 黛利拉小姐举止优雅
[46:55] and I hear Miss Goodrum is very accomplished in her needlework. 我听说古德拉姆小姐刺绣功夫了得
[46:59] Perhaps you shall get to know them better soon. 也许你可以多了解一下
[47:01] Lady Delilah can barely string a sentence together, 黛利拉小姐开口话不成句
[47:03] and Miss Goodrum thought that Napoleon fights for the Spanish. 古德拉姆小姐以为 拿破仑替西班牙卖命打仗
[47:07] As for every other eager chit you pushed in my direction, 至于您硬塞的其他几个 如饥似渴的小妮子
[47:09] I’d happily never lay eyes on them again. 我巴不得再也不见
[47:11] – Anthony… – I am looking for perfection, Mother. -安东尼 -母亲 我要的是无可挑剔
[47:13] And you should be too. 您也应该这样
[47:14] The woman I marry shall be the Viscountess Bridgerton. 我要娶的女子 将成为布里杰顿子爵夫人
[47:17] The lady of this household, responsible for launching my sisters 操持这个家 领妹妹们进入社交界
[47:20] and bearing my children. 为我生儿育女
[47:22] Do you desire them to be raised by a woman 您真的希望生养他们的女人
[47:24] who does not know how to so much as hold a map right side up? 拿个地图都上下不分吗?
[47:28] This is the duty I must fulfill. 这就是我要尽的责任
[47:33] You will end up alone 如果抱着这种期望
[47:36] with such expectations. 你只会变成孤家寡人
[47:43] Good day, Mother. 日安
[47:58] ♪ La-la-la-la-la-la-la ♪ 母亲
[48:07] Why is it so quiet in here? 屋里怎么这么安静?
[48:10] Because I am alone? 因为我一个人待着?
[48:12] Reading, as I always do. 和平时一样
[48:14] You are so boring. 在读书 你可真无趣
[48:17] I will be perfectly putrefied if Philippa does manage to marry Finch. 菲利帕若真嫁给芬奇 我怕是要没聊死
[48:22] “Petrified.” The word is “petrified.” “无聊” 那个词念“无聊”
[48:29] What is that? 那是什么?
[48:30] What is what? 你指什么?
[48:31] – What you are writing. – I am not writing. -你写的东西 -我没写东西
[48:33] But you were. 才怪
[48:34] Prudence. Do not… Hand it back! 普鲁登斯 别…还给我!
[48:36] Why, you little devil-doll! 你这个小鬼头!
[48:39] This is what occupies your “quiet” time? “安静”的时候居然做这个?
[48:41] What are you ladies doing, still up? 你们为何还不睡觉?
[48:45] Penelope was writing… 佩内洛普在给…
[48:47] to Colin Bridgerton. 科林布里杰顿写信
[48:50] Well, that would explain the ink all over her fingers. 难怪手指上沾得全是墨水
[48:52] I declare, Penelope. 我说 佩内洛普啊
[48:54] Colin is my friend! 科林是我的朋友!
[48:55] As if he would ever waste his ink on someone like you. 好像人家会在你身上浪费墨水似的
[48:59] – Are these worth anything? – What? -这些值钱吗? -什么?
[49:01] Your books. Books can be worth something, can they not? 你的书 书也能值些钱 对吧?
[49:04] I do not think so, Mama. 我想不会
[49:06] Oh, pity. 妈妈 可惜了
[49:09] You must stop wasting your precious time 你不该在写信这种无谓爱好上
[49:11] on such pointless pursuits as writing silly letters. 继续浪费时间
[49:15] Colin Bridgerton is no more your friend than I am the next Catherine the Great. 科林布里杰顿不是你的朋友 正如我不会成为下一个凯瑟琳大帝
[49:21] Now, wipe your hands, lest someone should think you a commoner. 行了 把手擦擦 不然别人还以为你是平民呢
[49:43] Ma’am. 夫人
[49:45] A letter for you. 您的信
[49:58] Your tea grows cold. 你的茶凉了
[50:01] My horses do not. 我的马却跑得浑身火热
[50:04] Did you plan to ride again tomorrow morning? 你明早还打算骑马吗?
[50:10] I know all that goes on in my home. 我对家中的一切了如指掌
[50:14] And since you insist on sneaking around, 既然你一定要鬼鬼祟祟
[50:17] I may as well save us both the trouble. 那我索性为你我都省些麻烦
[50:20] Correspondence from your grandparents, the Sheffields. 你外祖父母 谢菲尔德家的来信
[50:23] I wrote to them before you arrived. 你们到达之前 我写信给他们
[50:25] Those people are not my grandparents, Lady Danbury. 丹伯里女士 他们不是我的外祖父母
[50:28] I have no relation to them whatsoever, in fact. 事实上 我与他们没有任何关系
[50:31] It seems you have not been straightforward with me. 看来你对我并没有实言相告
[50:35] I realize I should not have gone out for a morning ride without a chaperone. 我明白 我不该无人陪伴 擅自清早外出骑马
[50:39] And what about failing to tell me 那么你隐瞒了此次带妹妹
[50:41] why you have truly come to London with your sister? 来伦敦的真正原因 这又怎么说?
[50:45] I’m rather more concerned about that. 这件事倒更令我挂心
[50:49] We have come to find Edwina a husband. 我们来是为给埃德温娜找夫婿
[50:52] And is that all? 仅此而已吗?
[50:54] You would be wise to reconsider 莎尔玛小姐 你最好考虑清楚
[50:56] resorting to more forgeries and half-truths, Miss Sharma. 不要继续编造 或者真假混杂
[51:00] Very few attempt to outwit me, and even fewer succeed. 没几个人胆敢跟我耍聪明 得逞的更是少之又少
[51:05] You are living under my roof, under my care, 你们住在我家 受我照顾
[51:09] relying on my good name, my connections, my money. 仰仗着我的好名声、好关系 花着我的钱
[51:13] I vouched for you and your sister in front of Her Majesty the Queen, 我在王后陛下面前 为你们姐妹做了担保
[51:17] all because 这都是因为
[51:20] I thought I was paying a kindness to an old friend… 我以为我这是善待故交…
[51:24] And we are truly grateful for everything. 我们也由衷地感激您
[51:28] Your mama misses your father, naturally. 你母亲肯定很想念你父亲
[51:32] But she never really wanted to come back here, did she? 但她并不想回到这里
[51:35] You did! 对吧? 想回来的人是你!
[51:38] I have no interest in being used as a pawn in someone else’s game. 我可不想被人利用 成为他人棋盘上的卒子
[51:41] That is not what we are doing. 我们没有利用您
[51:43] Then tell me what stipulations the Sheffields have apparently set down 那就告诉我 关于埃德温娜的婚姻
[51:47] with regard to Edwina’s match. 谢菲尔德家开出了什么条件
[51:49] Stipulations which, if met, will, I am guessing, 我猜一旦满足了这些条件
[51:51] guarantee great fortune for you and your family. 你和你的家人也能得到大笔财富
[51:58] Edwina must marry an Englishman of nobility. 埃德温娜必须嫁给英国贵族
[52:07] They could not control your mama’s marriage, 他们控制不了你母亲的婚姻
[52:11] so they mean to interfere with your sister’s. 便想插手你妹妹的婚事
[52:14] Yes. 没错
[52:15] They never recovered from my father’s lack of rank and title. 我父亲既没地位又没头衔 谢菲尔德家一直耿耿于怀
[52:19] Though let me assure you, Lady Danbury, I am not here for selfish reasons. 但我向您保证 丹伯里女士 我此番前来并非为一己私欲
[52:24] After my father died, Mama and I did the best we could 我父亲亡故后 母亲和我尽心竭力
[52:27] to raise Edwina, all so she would never know of our struggles. 养育埃德温娜 不让她知晓家中困苦
[52:32] But our money ran low. We used the last for this very journey. 然而家中积蓄所剩无几 仅剩的一点也用作此行路费
[52:36] The Sheffields have agreed to bestow a sizable dowry on my sister, 谢菲尔德家同意赠予妹妹 一笔数目可观的嫁妆
[52:39] and to look after my mama. 并且照料我母亲
[52:42] But only if Edwina marries properly. 但前提是埃德温娜必须嫁户好人家
[52:52] And what about you? 那你呢?
[52:54] If I could marry for the sake of my family, I would. 如果成婚可以救家人于水火 那我心甘情愿
[52:57] But I am not my mama’s daughter by birth. Edwina is. 但我不是妈妈的亲生女儿
[53:01] Oh. 埃德温娜才是
[53:03] I’ve spent the last eight years 过去这八年
[53:05] raising my sister to walk in the right way, 我教妹妹得体地走路
[53:08] to talk in the right way, to play the pianoforte just so. 得体地说话 弹一手好钢琴
[53:15] Teaching her twice as much and watching her work twice as hard as anyone else. 我加倍教她 她也比别人加倍努力
[53:19] I even taught her how to make this pitiful excuse for tea the English so adore. 我甚至教她学英国人的爱好 没事找事喝茶
[53:23] I despise English tea. 我讨厌英式茶饮
[53:26] But if it means my sister will not be left destitute, 但如果这样能让妹妹免受贫困之苦
[53:30] then I will smile, and I will nod politely 我会心甘情愿地喝下每一口
[53:32] after each and every sip, to be sure. 过后还会面带微笑 礼貌点头
[53:38] Your sister has a right to know. 你妹妹有权知晓
[53:40] As you said, it is her future. 如你所说 事关她的未来
[53:45] That is precisely why I shield her. Because I know her. 正因如此 我了解她 所以才要保护她
[53:49] If she was made aware of the circumstances, 如果她知道我们的处境
[53:51] she would marry quickly only to please us. 一定会草率结婚 好让我们安心
[53:54] She would say yes to any man kind enough to ask. 只要有人开口 她一定会答应
[53:57] Edwina deserves a chance to find love without such a burden. 埃德温娜理应拥有 无忧无虑寻找真爱的机会
[54:03] Please, you must not tell a soul. 拜托您
[54:07] Mmm. 千万不要告诉任何人
[54:11] Formed under pressure, desired by many, 经受重重压力 众人趋之若鹜
[54:15] yet possessed only by a fortunate few, 幸运儿却屈指可数
[54:19] there is nothing on earth quite so envied 世间再无任何如钻石般
[54:23] as a diamond. 受人艳羡之物了
[54:34] Might our queen finally 我们的王后陛下最终
[54:36] extinguish the fevered speculation 能否泰然度断
[54:39] and bestow the highest of honors 将这份最高荣誉
[54:41] to a most fortunate young lady tonight? 授予今晚的幸运之女呢?
[54:48] With so many futures at risk, 多少人将前途寄望于此
[54:52] I do suspect this author is not the only one 想必不只是笔者一人
[54:55] waiting with bated breath. 正屏息以待
[55:00] I do hope you are finding everything in town to your satisfaction, 玛丽夫人 但愿城中生活
[55:05] Lady Mary. 还合你心意
[55:06] Indeed I am, Your Majesty. 非常顺心 陛下
[55:08] This time around, that is. 这一次 但愿吧
[55:10] Perhaps your mother would enjoy some refreshment, Miss Sharma. 莎尔玛大小姐 也许你母亲可以享用些茶点
[55:23] I might think Lady Mary deserves some recognition, ma’am. 夫人 以我拙见 玛丽夫人的努力 亦值得些许赏识
[55:27] It’s certainly a sign of true devotion on her part, 毕竟 她将自己的一双千金
[55:30] having sought to introduce her daughters 送到陛下的慧眼前
[55:32] under the discerning eye of Your Majesty, after all. 其赤诚忠心可见一斑
[55:35] The youngest one, in particular, I think, 尤其是那位年幼的小姐
[55:38] will certainly make a match that will be the envy of the ton. 此番如能缔结良缘 定能令一众贵族羡慕不已
[55:42] Why do I sense my strings being pulled, Lady Danbury? 丹伯里女士 朕怎么觉着 正被人牵着走呢?
[55:46] You said you wanted to shake up the season. 您说这一季想看点新鲜
[55:50] Now is your chance. 现在机会来了
[55:59] Anyone here you’ve not yet rejected? 这里还有谁是你没拒绝过的?
[56:01] You’re the artist. Do you see anyone remotely inspiring? 你是艺术家 看见哪个能入眼的吗?
[56:05] We shall have our diamond tonight, and I shall have a wife. 今晚钻石淑女即将产生 而我也就有了贤妻人选
[56:11] Lady Bridgerton. Miss Bridgerton. 布里杰顿夫人 布里杰顿小姐
[56:13] Such a shame your presentation at court was so rudely interrupted. 你上次觐见被无情打断 实属可惜
[56:17] Shame, indeed. 的确可惜
[56:18] I nearly forgot you were making your debut this season. 朕差点忘了 这一季你将进入社交界
[56:22] After your elder sister’s triumph, 有了你姐姐的成功先例
[56:25] perhaps good fortune might run in the family. 或许幸运能在家族中得以延续
[56:31] Uh, it is a delightful ball, Your Majesty. 王后陛下
[56:34] Very diamond-y. 今次舞会着实赏心悦目 钻耀全场
[56:36] Though, I must admit, I am more of an emerald person myself. 不过 恕小女直言 翡翠更得我心
[56:46] Oh, dear! 诶哟!
[56:49] My favorite necklace is one of emeralds. 朕最钟情的项链就镶有翡翠
[56:51] – How thoughtful of you to know that. – Oh. 爱卿真是有心
[56:54] It seems you have indeed 布里杰顿小姐
[56:55] come a long way since last year, Miss Bridgerton. 这一年来你还真是长进不少
[57:05] Excuse me.
[57:10] If the queen, in fact, names Eloise the diamond, 如果王后真把埃洛伊斯选为钻石淑女
[57:14] whom will you marry then, Brother? 那你要娶谁?
[57:16] Hush, you. 闭嘴吧你
[57:32] Pen! 小佩!
[57:33] Pen! Pen, Pen. Pen.
[57:34] We must leave. 我们得赶紧走
[57:35] The queen, she… I somehow managed to charm her. 王后她…我居然把她哄高兴了
[57:39] – She seems to, in fact, like me. I don’t… – Eloise, you must calm down. -她似乎很喜欢我 -埃洛伊斯 你别慌
[57:43] Eloise Bridgerton. 埃洛伊斯布里杰顿
[57:44] The diamond. 钻石淑女
[57:47] Perhaps now you might stop spending time with insipid wallflowers all evening 你也该适可而止 别总是整晚 跟无趣的壁花小姐黏在一起
[57:51] and refine your circle of friends. 不妨结交点正经人
[57:52] I may have an opening… -我也许可以…
[57:54] I would rather die. -那还不如要了我的命
[58:05] How you managed an entire season of these absurd events 我真是无法想象 一整季无聊聚会
[58:07] alongside people like Cressida Cowper is beyond me. 整日与克蕾丝达考珀这种人打照面 你怎么受得了
[58:10] And it’s not just her. It is all of them. 不光是她 所有人都一样
[58:12] Staring at me as if I were some fine china teapot. 两眼直勾勾 拿我当精致茶壶
[58:15] How did you do it on your own, Pen? 小佩 你自己怎么撑得住?
[58:17] I do not share your difficulties, El. 小埃 我可没你那种苦恼
[58:19] – “Insipid wallflower,” remember? – Ugh. That is not… -我不是“无趣的壁花小姐”嘛? -我不是…
[58:21] Cressida is incensed that even her new dress 克蕾丝达怨气太重 连新裙子
[58:23] cannot hide her character. 都掩饰不住糟糕人品
[58:31] It’s not that bad, you know. 其实倒也不至于
[58:33] – The wallflower thing. – Mmm. 当壁花没那么糟糕
[58:36] I always get the first glass of lemonade. 总能喝到第一杯柠檬汁
[58:38] I know who all the best dancers are just from watching. 光看就知道谁的舞跳得好
[58:41] I can always tell when a suitor is serious 我总能看出哪位追求者是出于挚诚
[58:43] about courtship just by how he looks when a young lady dances with another. 他看某位小姐与他人共舞的眼神 就说明一切
[58:46] The wall even affords me the chance to hear what the footmen say in secret. 当壁花还有机会听男仆们窃窃私语
[58:51] You’ve been keeping it from me. 你一直瞒着我
[58:56] You do not have to pretend any longer, Pen. 小佩 你不用再装了
[59:00] You like all of this. 你乐此不疲
[59:04] Well, it can be amusing. 真的很有意思
[59:09] I know you have begun to think little of her, 我知道 你对维斯道恩女士略有微词
[59:11] but is Lady Whistledown still not a source of amusement? 但她还是为我们带来不少乐趣 不是吗?
[59:13] It’s not that I think little of her. 我对她并无微词
[59:16] When she was gone, I thought I would miss her. 她沉寂之时 我以为我会想念她
[59:17] I thought I needed her to make sense of this world. But… 我以为只有通过她 我才能理解这个世界 可是…
[59:21] now she is back, reporting on the same old things. 现在她回来了 说的写的还是老一套
[59:24] Just another reminder of how trapped I am. 只会令我想起自己的困境
[59:30] I can feel people’s eyes on me. 我能感受到人们看我的目光
[59:32] Every time I walk into a ballroom, I know they are comparing me to Daphne. 每次我步入舞厅 他们都拿我与达芙妮相比
[59:35] She was so good at being the diamond and it made my mother so happy. 身为钻石淑女 她表现那么出众 母亲乐得合不拢嘴
[59:41] I can never live up to that. 而我永远望尘莫及
[59:43] I do not want to live up to that, but it does not make it any easier to know 这倒也不是我的追求 可一想到自己一进门 众人就失望
[59:46] you are constantly disappointing people just by walking into a room. 那滋味也不好受
[59:51] I never thought of it that way. 我还真没这么想过
[59:54] No one truly notices me. 没人真正注意过我
[59:58] I suppose that is what I like. 可能我就是这样吧
[1:00:01] When you’re invisible, you have all the amusement you want 如果成了隐形人 你就可以尽情享乐
[1:00:04] without any of the expectations popularity brings. 不必因为受欢迎 而承受他人期待的负累
[1:00:07] It frees you. 它能给你自由
[1:00:10] Do you think that is why Whistledown remains anonymous? 莫非这就是维斯道恩 隐姓埋名的原因?
[1:00:14] Perhaps. 也许吧
[1:00:17] Do you think that is why Cressida is so cruel? 莫非正因如此 克蕾丝达才如此毒舌?
[1:00:19] No. 不是
[1:00:21] I think she just wears her hair too tight. 她就是头发扎太紧了
[1:00:30] Oh.
[1:00:40] Your presence is noted, 众颜皆阅
[1:00:42] and your queen most appreciative. 朕心甚慰
[1:00:46] Allow it to now be my honor to present to you the season’s diamond. 在此 朕荣幸为各位介绍 本季钻石淑女
[1:01:02] Miss Edwina Sharma. 埃德温娜莎尔玛小姐
[1:01:21] You look at her the way I look at a finished painting, Brother. 哥哥 你看她的眼神 跟我看完工的画作一模一样
[1:01:24] Every man needs a muse, does he not? 男人也需要个缪斯 不是吗?
[1:01:40] Viscount Bridgerton. 布里杰顿子爵
[1:01:43] Have you yet met my new incomparable? 见过朕新选的绝世佳人了吗?
[1:01:46] I am most grateful for the introduction, Your Majesty. 陛下 感谢您费心引荐
[1:01:49] I only hope I shall be afforded the pleasure of a dance. 微臣只求佳人能赏光共舞
[1:02:02] I suppose I should thank you. 看来我应该感谢您
[1:02:05] Oh, child. It is much too soon for that. 孩子 现在言谢还为时尚早
[1:02:10] You must know the real work begins now. 要知道 现在才要开始下功夫了
[1:02:13] Indeed. There will be a mire to wade through 的确 我妹妹肯定
[1:02:15] on behalf of my sister, to be sure. 还要经历各种泥泞
[1:02:17] Speaking of, where is my sister? 说到这里 我妹妹在哪儿?
[1:02:21] Forgive my directness. Do you have any thoughts about children? 恕我冒昧 你对生儿育女有何看法?
[1:02:25] Other than the fact that I desire them so? 除了我有此意愿?
[1:02:28] However many I have, my lord, I shall feel most fortunate. 大人 无论儿女几多 我都心满意足
[1:02:31] Together with my husband, we will chart the best course. 与夫君同心 一切将水到渠成
[1:02:35] How very sensible. 你颇明事理
[1:02:37] Do you play any musical instruments, by chance? 你对乐器有造诣吗?
[1:02:41] Many, in fact. 颇有造诣
[1:02:43] But, for the most part, my education was taken up by more serious pursuits. 但我所受的教育 对于严肃学识更为注重
[1:02:49] Modern languages, classical literature. 当代语言 古典文学
[1:02:51] I do love to read. 我喜欢阅读书籍
[1:02:55] You do not seem discomposed by my line of questioning. 我追问不休 你倒是颇为淡定
[1:03:00] Why ever would I be? 我为何要慌张?
[1:03:01] A man who knows what he wants is most admirable. 男人知其所好 值得钦佩
[1:03:06] Is your father in attendance? I should like to speak with him. 令尊今日是否到场?我很想与他交谈
[1:03:10] Sadly, my father died years ago. 很遗憾
[1:03:13] Ah. 家父多年前已经亡故
[1:03:15] I’m so sorry. 抱歉冒犯
[1:03:19] As did mine. 家父亦是如此
[1:03:27] Though, perhaps you could speak with my sister. 不过 你可以与我姐姐交谈
[1:03:30] It is her blessing you shall need if we are… 只有得她赞许
[1:03:32] Oh! Here she is now. 你我才能…她来了
[1:03:34] – Kate! – Ah, Lord Bridgerton. -凯特! -布里杰顿大人
[1:03:36] I see you’ve met Miss Edwina. This is… 看样子你已经见过埃德温娜小姐了 这位是…
[1:03:38] Her sister. 她姐姐
[1:03:39] – Miss Sharma, my lord. – Oh. 是莎尔玛小姐 大人
[1:03:43] The Viscount Bridgerton is a most excellent dancer. 布里杰顿子爵舞技出众
[1:03:46] Perhaps I may learn a thing or two from you, my lord. 也许我也能对你了解一二 大人
[1:03:49] Would you join me in the retiring room, Sister? 妹妹 随我移步休息室如何?
[1:03:53] Is something wrong, Didi? 姐姐 发生什么事了吗?
[1:03:55] You are not to go near that man. Do you understand? 别靠近那个男人 知道吗?
[1:04:00] She is a lovely diamond, dearest. 多美的钻石淑女啊 亲爱的
[1:04:02] Indeed. 的确
[1:04:05] She is who I shall marry. 我要娶的是她
[1:04:07] There are a few things I must make you aware of. 有几件事你一定要知道
[1:04:10] Color, clarity, carat, cut. 成色、净度、重量、切工
[1:04:14] At long last, the queen has named her most precious stone. 王后终于选出了钟爱的宝石
[1:04:22] What is all this? 这是做什么?
[1:04:26] Ma’am. 夫人
[1:04:28] He is here. 他来了
[1:04:30] The new Lord Featherington. 新来的费瑟灵顿大人
[1:04:35] Lady Featherington. 费瑟灵顿夫人
[1:04:37] That still work if we are not married? 我们不是夫妻 也能这么叫吗?
[1:04:40] It’s rather strange. 还真怪
[1:04:42] I thought the heir was old. 我以为继承人已经上了年纪
[1:04:44] – I thought the heir was ugly. – Ladies. -我以为继承人挺难看 -姑娘们
[1:04:47] It is quite all right. You must mean my father. 没关系 你们想必指的是我父亲
[1:04:49] And no offense taken. He was ugly. 我并不介意 他是挺丑的
[1:04:51] And very old. 年纪一大把
[1:04:52] So old that, well, he died. 大到命都没了
[1:04:56] I’m terribly sorry for my late arrival. I made the trip from America. 很抱歉我姗姗来迟 我大老远从美国赶来
[1:05:00] But don’t worry, I’ve started taking care of things. 不过别担心 我已经着手料理一切了
[1:05:02] Philippa. That must be you. 菲利帕 肯定就是你了
[1:05:05] Your dowry to that fine Finch fellow is paid. 你与芬奇成婚的嫁妆已经支付
[1:05:07] The late Lord’s books are on their way to me now. 已故大人的账本马上就会送来
[1:05:09] And I even took the liberty of having your possessions 费瑟灵顿夫人 我还自作主张
[1:05:11] moved from your bedchamber, Lady Featherington. 命人将您卧房的用品搬了出来
[1:05:13] Yes, it’s still strange. 嗯 叫着还是怪怪的
[1:05:15] You had my possessions moved? 你让人动我的用品了?
[1:05:17] Well, I shall be taking over those rooms, now that the home is mine. 既然府邸归了我 今后这些屋子也要由我接手
[1:05:21] You understand, yes? 您也明白 对吧?
[1:05:23] It is like you said, Mama. 妈妈 如您所说
[1:05:25] The new Lord Featherington is here to provide. 新的费瑟灵顿大人一来
[1:05:31] While this author finds Miss Edwina Sharma 我们就衣食无忧了 尽管埃德温娜莎尔玛小姐
[1:05:34] to be an exceptional young lady, 气质出众
[1:05:37] it is about time I used these pages 笔者仍认为 是时候花些笔墨
[1:05:40] of record for something else. 另表其它了
[1:05:42] A shift. 话题略转
[1:05:44] Is the entire practice of naming a diamond not… 费尽周章挑选钻石淑女
[1:05:48] well, rather ridiculous? 何尝不显荒唐?
[1:05:50] Should a woman not be valued for so much more than her dancing skills 难道评判女性优点的标准
[1:05:55] or her comportment? 只有舞技和仪态?
[1:05:57] Should we not value a woman instead 难道不该看重女性的
[1:05:59] for her candor, her character, 诚实、人品
[1:06:02] her true accomplishments? 和实力成就吗?
[1:06:04] What do you think, Eloise? 埃洛伊斯 你觉得如何?
[1:06:06] I love it. 甚合我意
[1:06:09] Perhaps if the queen abandoned this absurdity that is the diamond, 若王后不再执念于什么荒唐宝石
[1:06:15] we would all see that a woman can be so much more. 一众臣民也能学会欣赏女性的内涵
[1:06:20] What is it, Your Majesty? 王后陛下 您有何吩咐?
[1:06:22] Edwina Sharma. 埃德温娜莎尔玛
[1:06:24] My diamond. 我的钻石淑女
[1:06:26] It seems she will need to do more for me this season than simply sparkle. 看来本季她大放异彩还不够 还要多下点功夫 (谨以此片纪念马克皮尔切)
布里奇顿

Post navigation

Previous Post: 布里奇顿(Bridgerton)第1季第8集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 布里奇顿(Bridgerton)第2季第2集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一
定制该剧全部中英文对照台词本和单词标注统计,可以添加微信 kuailexuewaiyu

kuailexuewaiyu


点击预览定制截图

布里奇顿(Bridgerton)剧集台词目录:

在线阅读
S01E01
S01E02
S01E03
S01E04
S01E05
S01E06
S01E07
S01E08

在线阅读
S02E01
S02E02
S02E03
S02E04
S02E05
S02E06
S02E07
S02E08

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme