时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:33] | Grosvenor Square, 1813. | 1813年 格罗夫纳广场 |
[00:37] | Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets | 亲爱的读者 社交季即将来临 |
[00:41] | for the upcoming social season. | 我们是时候下赌注了 |
[00:45] | Consider the household of the Baron Featherington. | 先看看费瑟英顿男爵一家 |
[00:50] | Three misses foisted upon the marriage market | 三个女儿像悲伤的母猪一样 |
[00:53] | like sorrowful sows by their tasteless | 被她们毫无品味 愚钝莽撞的妈妈 |
[00:56] | – Tighter. – Tactless mama. | -再紧一点 -推入婚姻市场 |
[00:59] | – Tighter! – Is she to breathe, Mama? | -再紧一点 -那她还能呼吸吗 妈妈 |
[01:01] | I was able to squeeze my waist into the size of an orange and a half | 我在普鲁登斯那么大时 能把自己的腰 |
[01:04] | when I was Prudence’s age. | 挤到只有一个半橙子的尺寸 |
[01:05] | Your sister shall do the same. | 你姐姐也要这么做 |
[01:09] | Far better odds might exist | 也许丧偶的 |
[01:11] | in the household of the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿勋爵夫人一家胜算更大 |
[01:17] | A shockingly prolific family, | 一个人丁兴旺的家庭 |
[01:19] | noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons | 以其玉树临风的儿子们 |
[01:22] | and perfectly beautiful daughters. | 和沉鱼落雁的女儿们而著称 |
[01:26] | I am already roasting. | 我已经热死了 |
[01:27] | Are you to complain the entire day, Eloise? | 你真的要抱怨一整天吗 埃洛伊丝 |
[01:29] | Surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day. | 当然不能指望我一整天都穿着这身衣服 |
[01:32] | I feel like a princess. Do I look like one? | 我觉得自己像是公主 你觉得我像吗 |
[01:34] | Do you truly wish to know what I think you look like? | 你真的想要知道我觉得你像什么吗 |
[01:36] | – On your left! – Oh, Gregory! | -在你左边 -格雷戈里 |
[01:38] | Is our dear sister still not ready? | 我们亲爱的姐姐还没准备好吗 |
[01:40] | She’s only been readying herself the entire night. | 她才准备了一整晚而已 |
[01:42] | You mean her entire life. | 你说的是一辈子才对吧 |
[01:43] | I shall run upstairs and hasten her along. | 我该去楼上催她一下 |
[01:45] | Colin, wait. I’ll do it. | 科林 等等 我去吧 |
[01:47] | She likes me much better than you, Benedict. | 比起你 她喜欢我多得多 本尼迪克特 |
[01:48] | – Did she say that? – Everyone says that. | -她说的吗 -所有人都这么说 |
[01:52] | Daphne! | 达芙妮 |
[01:56] | You must make haste! | 你赶紧下来 |
[02:01] | Should you think she heard me? | 你们觉得她听到了吗 |
[02:05] | How very perfect, indeed! | 没错 多么完美啊 |
[02:12] | Stop it. | 别闹了 |
[02:16] | If you don’t hurry up, we’re going to be late. | 如果你不抓紧 我们就要迟到了 |
[02:40] | Any sign of him yet? | 你见到他了吗 |
[02:47] | Should your brother wish to be obeyed as Lord Bridgerton, | 如果你哥哥希望被人尊为布里奇顿勋爵 |
[02:49] | he must act as Lord Bridgerton. | 他就必须表现得像个勋爵 |
[02:52] | Where is he, Benedict? | 他在哪里 本尼迪克特 |
[02:53] | I do not know. | 我不知道 |
[03:56] | – Anthony! You are here. – Of course I am here, sister. | -安东尼 你来了 -我当然会来了 妹妹 |
[03:58] | I’d never miss such an important day for you and our family. | 我绝对不会错过你和我们家的大日子的 |
[04:00] | No, you would just be late for it. | 不 你只是会迟到而已 |
[04:05] | Shall we? | 我们进去吧 |
[04:15] | Today is a most important day, | 今天是无比重要的一天 |
[04:18] | and for some a terrifying one, | 而对某些人来说 是恐怖的一天 |
[04:21] | for today is the day | 因为今天 |
[04:22] | London’s marriage-minded misses are presented | 伦敦待字闺中的小姐们 |
[04:26] | to Her Majesty the Queen. | 要由女王陛下过目 |
[04:31] | May God have mercy on their souls. | 愿上帝保佑她们的灵魂 |
[04:35] | Miss Prudence Featherington, | 普鲁登斯·费瑟英顿小姐 |
[04:38] | Miss Philipa Featherington, | 费丽帕·费瑟英顿小姐 |
[04:41] | and Miss Penelope Featherington, | 和佩妮洛普·费瑟英顿小姐 |
[04:46] | all presented by their mother, | 由她们的母亲 |
[04:49] | the Right Honorable Lady Featherington. | 尊敬的费瑟英顿夫人带领入内 |
[05:21] | It is only the queen’s eye that matters today. | 今天唯一重要的只有女王的双眼 |
[05:28] | A glimmer of displeasure, | 如果她眼中闪过一丝不悦 |
[05:32] | and a young lady’s value plummets | 一位年轻女士的价值 |
[05:35] | to unthinkable depths. | 将跌入难以想象的深渊 |
[05:41] | Miss Daphne Bridgerton, | 达芙妮·布里奇顿小姐 |
[05:45] | presented by her mother, | 由她的母亲 |
[05:47] | the Right Honorable, the Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton. | 尊敬的 遗孀 布里奇顿子爵夫人带领入内 |
[06:55] | Flawless, my dear. | 完美无瑕 亲爱的 |
[07:10] | – Did that truly just happen? – Keep smiling, dearest. | -刚刚发生的是真实的吗 -保持微笑 亲爱的 |
[07:14] | They are watching you, | 他们都在关注着你 |
[07:16] | now more than ever. | 比以往更甚 |
[07:19] | But as we know, the brighter a lady shines, | 但正如我们所知 一位淑女越耀眼 |
[07:23] | the faster she may burn. | 她灼烧地越快 |
[08:33] | It has been said that, | 常言道 |
[08:35] | “Of all bitches dead or alive, | “在所有死活不论的贱人中” |
[08:38] | a scribbling woman is the most canine.” | “会写作的女人最像疯狗” |
[08:42] | If that should be true, | 如果这是真的 |
[08:43] | then this author would like to show you her teeth. | 那么 笔者很愿意向你们展示我的獠牙 |
[08:49] | My name is Lady Whistledown. | 我的名字是微声到夫人 |
[08:53] | You do not know me, and rest assured, you never shall. | 你们不认识我 请放心 你们本来就不该认识 |
[08:57] | But be forewarned, dear reader, | 但是事先提醒你们 亲爱的读者 |
[08:59] | I certainly know you. | 我绝对认识你们 |
[09:06] | You absolutely sparkled, sister. | 你真是闪闪发光 姐姐 |
[09:08] | Come, now. I merely simpered | 快别说了 我不过是傻笑着 |
[09:10] | and minced in a pretty dress like everyone else. | 和其他人一样穿着漂亮裙子迈着碎步罢了 |
[09:12] | Not exactly like everyone else. | 也不是和其他人一样 |
[09:14] | Oh, I shall need to go and visit with Penelope. | 我应该去探望佩妮洛普了 |
[09:16] | Her presentation was anything | 她的出场绝对称不上 |
[09:17] | but what was it the queen called you again? | 女王怎么评价你的来着 |
[09:19] | Flawless, | 完美无瑕 |
[09:20] | or some such thing. | 或者类似这种的 |
[09:22] | Trust I was astonished Her Majesty offered me, | 相信我 女王陛下这么评价的时候 我惊呆了 |
[09:24] | out of 200 young ladies present, | 在展现200位年轻淑女中 |
[09:26] | a most gracious remark. | 给了我最高的评价 |
[09:27] | Yes, it was quite a distinction. | 没错 真是个殊荣 |
[09:29] | And now 200 young ladies have a common adversary. | 而现在 200位年轻淑女有了位共同的敌人 |
[09:33] | – I wish you luck, sister. – Eloise! | -祝你好运 姐姐 -埃洛伊丝 |
[09:35] | What? It is true. | 怎么了 我说的没错啊 |
[09:36] | My success on the marriage mart influences all of your prospects. | 我在婚姻市场的成功会影响你们所有人的前景 |
[09:40] | We will all need to find love one day. | 总有一天 我们都要找到真爱 |
[09:42] | Indeed, a love as pure as what Mama and Papa once shared, | 没错 和妈妈和爸爸之间一样的 纯粹的爱 |
[09:46] | if we are so fortunate. | 如果我们幸运的话 |
[09:48] | I merely hope I am able to continue such a grand tradition. | 我只不过希望能够持续如此伟大的传统 |
[09:52] | Your dresses have arrived. | 你们的裙子送到了 |
[09:58] | This one is quite ravishing. | 这条裙子真是太美了 |
[10:00] | Mary Edgecombe wore a similar shade last season. | 玛丽·埃奇库姆在上个社交季穿过相似的颜色 |
[10:02] | And secured three offers the very next day, | 在第二天就收到了三份婚约 |
[10:04] | one from an earl. | 其中一份来自伯爵 |
[10:05] | Mary Edgecombe, now the Countess of Fulton, | 玛丽·埃奇库姆 现在是富尔顿伯爵夫人 |
[10:07] | apparently spent the last year living in a cottage | 显然 去年住在一间村舍中 |
[10:10] | “hundreds of miles away from her earl.” | “跟她的伯爵相隔数百里” |
[10:12] | “She is miserable”. It says it all here. | “真是可悲” 这上面都写了 |
[10:14] | Do not tell me that is yet another scandal sheet. Eloise– | 别告诉我又出了个丑闻小报 埃洛伊丝 |
[10:16] | No, no, this one is different. | 不不 这个不一样 |
[10:18] | This one lists subjects by name, in full. | 这是直接用人名做标题 全名 |
[10:21] | – Let me see! – Wait. Wait! | -给我看看 -等等 慢点 |
[10:26] | -“Lady Whistledown.” -“Lady Whistledown”? | -“微声到夫人” -“微声到夫人” |
[10:28] | – The author. – Do we know a Lady Whistledown? | -她是作者 -我们认识一位叫微声到的夫人吗 |
[10:30] | Surely Lady Whistledown cannot be her true name. | 微声到夫人当然不会是真名 |
[10:33] | What does it say, dearest? | 都说了什么 亲爱的 |
[10:35] | She loathes the fact that we’ve been named alphabetically, | 她讨厌我们的名字按照年龄由大到小 |
[10:37] | oldest to youngest. | 按字母表顺序来取 |
[10:38] | Your father and I found it orderly. | 我和你父亲觉得这样很有条理 |
[10:39] | Lady Whistledown finds “Banality.” | 微声到夫人觉得这很”俗套” |
[10:41] | The papers were distributed across town today without charge. | 这份报纸今天在镇上免费传阅 |
[10:44] | Without charge? What kind of author– | 免费 什么作家会… |
[10:49] | Well, at least she has one thing right. | 至少她说对了一件事 |
[10:51] | She has named Daphne as the season’s Incomparable. | 她说达芙妮是本季最佳 |
[10:54] | She calls you a “Diamond of the first water.” | 她管你叫”出水芙蓉” |
[10:56] | Well, how lovely! | 真会说话 |
[11:01] | I should not be surprised | 倘若这个微声到夫人 |
[11:01] | if this Whistledown is revealed to be Violet Bridgerton herself. | 就是瓦莱特·布里奇顿本人 我也不意外 |
[11:06] | These pages certainly report on the viscountess’s family | 这些文章在写女子爵她们家时 |
[11:09] | with much indulgence, indeed. | 真是太手下留情了 |
[11:11] | The pages report nothing but the truth, Lady Featherington. | 这些文章写的都是实话 费舍英顿夫人 |
[11:14] | Daphne has bloomed exquisitely, | 达芙妮出落成大美人了 |
[11:15] | and the sooner she is taken from the market, | 她越快被从人娶走下市 |
[11:17] | the better for the other young ladies | 其他小姐们就越有机会 |
[11:20] | even ones prone to hysterics in front of the queen. | 哪怕是那些容易在女王面前失态的小姐 |
[11:26] | Ladies, hurry with your miniatures before our guest arrives. | 姑娘们 在宾客们到达前整理好仪容 |
[11:28] | And, Penelope, put down that book at once. | 佩妮洛普 赶紧把书放下 |
[11:30] | You shall confuse your thoughts. | 那会扰乱你的脑子 |
[11:32] | So… | 来… |
[11:34] | tell me about this cousin. | 跟我说说这个表亲 |
[11:36] | Joining you for the entire season? | 她整个季度都会跟你们一起吗 |
[11:38] | She is a distant cousin of my husband, | 她是我丈夫的一个远方表亲 |
[11:41] | and with no close female relative to sponsor her debut, | 没有亲近的女性亲戚能带她初次登场 |
[11:44] | Lord Featherington has directed me | 费舍英顿勋爵让我收留她 |
[11:47] | to take her in for charity. | 就当做慈善了 |
[11:50] | You are known to be quite charitable. | 你们向来都以乐善好施而闻名 |
[11:52] | Precisely what this new rumormonger should have published, | 这才是这个新的造谣者该发表的东西 |
[11:55] | instead of erroneously specifying that I shall only have | 而不是错误地强调我今年 |
[11:57] | three young ladies under my care this year. | 只负责三个姑娘 |
[12:00] | She knows nothing. | 她根本什么都不知道 |
[12:01] | Unless you shall like to | 除非你自己愿意 |
[12:03] | have only three young ladies under your care. | 今年只负责三个姑娘 |
[12:05] | I should gladly sit this season out. | 我很乐意这一季只当看客 |
[12:07] | Penelope is quite nervous. This shall be her very first season. | 佩妮洛普很紧张 这是她的第一次亮相 |
[12:11] | I am not nervous, Mama. | 我不紧张 妈妈 |
[12:12] | What she is is two stone heavier than she ought to be. | 事实是她超重了2英石[约13公斤] |
[12:15] | Mm, those blemishes on her face are quite difficult to conceal. | 而且她脸上那些斑点太难遮掩了 |
[12:18] | Perhaps some arsenic and lead might help. | 也许弄点砷和铅能有用 |
[12:20] | Should you allow me to delay only a year, | 不如您就让我暂缓一年吧 |
[12:22] | just as Lady Bridgerton has done for Eloise, | 就像布里奇顿夫人同意埃洛伊丝那样 |
[12:25] | I may remain dedicated to my studies, perhaps. | 也许我还能继续专心学习 |
[12:27] | The answer is no, Penelope. | 不行 佩妮洛普 |
[12:29] | You may wish to listen to her, my lady. | 你也许该听听她的 夫人 |
[12:32] | Shepherding four young ladies | 要在这没完没了的一轮又一轮中 |
[12:34] | through these endless rounds of affairs at the same time | 同时为四位姑娘护航 |
[12:38] | Can you imagine the competition? | 你能想象竞争会有多激烈吗 |
[12:40] | Well, how much competition can this cousin provoke? | 这个表亲能激起多大的竞争 |
[12:43] | She came of age on a farm, she has a mere four-figure dowry, | 她在农场里长大 只有区区四位数的嫁妆 |
[12:46] | and as for her appearance | 至于她的样貌嘛 |
[12:48] | Well, let us hope Miss Thompson is more presentable | 咱们就祈祷汤姆森小姐 |
[12:51] | than the legions of unkempt animals she has spent her entire life | 比她这辈子在老家照顾的那些粗野动物 |
[12:54] | tending to back home. | 更能见人吧 |
[12:58] | Lord Featherington’s cousin has arrived, madam. | 费舍英顿勋爵的表亲到了 夫人 |
[13:01] | Now, remember to be kind, ladies | 快来 姑娘们 记住要友善 |
[13:05] | and charitable. | 还要宽容 |
[13:06] | The poor are our burden. | 我们有责任照顾那可怜人 |
[13:21] | She’s beautiful. | 她真美 |
[13:23] | Good afternoon, Lady Featherington. | 下午好 费舍英顿夫人 |
[13:51] | Well, if this is not a sight for my sore eyes! | 这也太赏心悦目了 |
[13:56] | My condolences, Your Grace, for your father. | 请节哀 大人 您的父亲 |
[13:59] | Very kind of you. | 你可真善良 |
[14:01] | Kind of me? You hated the man. | 我善良 你明明讨厌那男人 |
[14:04] | It is so wonderful to see you, Lady Danbury. | 真高兴见到你 丹布里夫人 |
[14:06] | Words I do not hear often enough. | 这话可真稀罕 |
[14:09] | Come. | 快来 |
[14:11] | You must excuse the, uh, disorderliness. | 你可得见谅 这里乱糟糟的 |
[14:14] | – As you know, I’m to host a ball this evening. – Yes. | -你也知道 我今晚要办个舞会 -嗯 |
[14:17] | I have managed to keep the details of your return quiet. | 我成功地守住了你要回来的秘密 |
[14:20] | But when those vulgar mamas discover | 但等那些粗野的老妈们发现 |
[14:23] | that there is an eligible duke present at tonight’s fete, | 今晚的宴会出现了一位颇为适婚的公爵 |
[14:27] | I shall be able to keep such a secret no longer. | 我可就守不住这种秘密了 |
[14:30] | That is what I was hoping to discuss. | 这正是我来找你的原因 |
[14:32] | I have only returned to London to deal with my late father’s affairs. | 我回伦敦只是为了处理父亲的后事 |
[14:35] | I’m afraid it leaves me no time to socialize. | 恐怕没什么时间去社交 |
[14:38] | And so, whilst I appreciate your most gracious invitation, | 所以 虽然我很感激你的盛情邀请 |
[14:41] | Lady Danbury, I must ask you to accept my regrets. | 丹布里夫人 我必须请你接受我的遗憾 |
[14:46] | Your regrets are denied. | 你的遗憾被拒绝了 |
[14:51] | – I suppose a brief appearance– – Excellent. | -短暂地露个面应该也… -很好 |
[14:53] | You may leave that flask you carry at home. | 你在家随身揣着的酒瓶可别继续带着了 |
[14:57] | Most undignified. | 简直有失体统 |
[15:22] | Someone may hear us, my lord. | 可能会有人听到的 大人 |
[15:38] | One day, I shall seize that watch and take it apart bit by bit. | 总有一天我要没收了那表 一点一点把它拆了 |
[15:43] | That belonged to my father. | 那是我父亲的 |
[15:45] | Should it disappear, I would miss it sadly. | 它要是丢了 我会充满忧伤地怀念它 |
[15:48] | Then you shall know precisely how I feel | 那你就该明白 每次你消失的时候 |
[15:51] | every time you disappear. | 我是什么感受了 |
[15:55] | Stay with me today. | 今天陪陪我 |
[15:59] | I’m afraid I cannot. | 恐怕不行 |
[16:02] | I must chaperone my sister at the Danbury ball this evening. | 今晚丹布里家的舞会 我得去给我妹妹当监护人 |
[16:06] | Daphne, yes? | 叫达芙妮 对吧 |
[16:08] | What might they be like, | 那些是什么样的 |
[16:10] | these grand affairs your sister must attend? | 你妹妹必须参加的那些盛会 |
[16:13] | You would hate them. | 你不会喜欢的 |
[16:15] | Every eligible lady of breeding | 每位符合条件的适龄女士 |
[16:17] | dressed in some lavishly trimmed frock, | 都身着价值不菲的礼服 |
[16:21] | bloodthirsty mamas at their sides. | 身边总会跟着如饥似渴的母亲 |
[16:24] | And wary fathers making arrangements | 以及谨慎为女儿挑选 |
[16:26] | for only the most advantageous of matches. | 能带来最大利益配偶的父亲 |
[16:29] | And of course, without my father here, | 当然 正是因为父亲不在了 |
[16:30] | that responsibility falls upon me. | 这事儿就落到我头上了 |
[16:33] | A significant duty, no doubt. | 毫无疑问是个相当重要的任务 |
[16:34] | Someone must guard my poor sister from the bucks and pinks, | 得替我那傻妹妹把关 免得遇上渣男和同志 |
[16:38] | ensure her virtue remains free of any kind of defilement. | 确保她的名誉不会受到任何玷污 |
[16:41] | Daphne is fortunate. | 达芙妮真幸运 |
[16:42] | Every woman is not afforded such gallant protection. | 并不是每个女人都能得到这样殷切的保护 |
[16:45] | Every woman is not a lady. | 不是每个女人都能称之为小姐 |
[16:47] | Of course not, my lord. | 当然不是 大人 |
[16:51] | Siena. | 西耶娜 |
[16:58] | You have me | 你有我 |
[17:00] | protecting you too. | 我也会保护你的 |
[17:03] | I will always protect you. | 我会永远保护你的 |
[17:13] | The season’s opening ball at Danbury House | 这季的开幕舞会于丹伯里宫举行 |
[17:17] | is a most highly sought-after invitation, indeed, | 事实上邀请函可谓是炙手可热 |
[17:21] | for every darling debutante | 从公园径到摄政街上的名媛们 |
[17:23] | from Park Lane to Regent Street will be on display. | 将首次出现于上层社交圈 |
[17:36] | Titled, chaste, and innocent, | 地位 端庄 纯洁 |
[17:40] | this is what they have been raised and trained for since birth. | 从她们出生起就被灌输的观念 |
[17:46] | Tonight, we shall discover | 今晚我们将共同见证 |
[17:47] | which young ladies might succeed at securing a match, | 哪位小姐能成功觅得良人归 |
[17:52] | thereby avoiding the dreadful, | 从而得以摆脱 |
[17:54] | dismal condition known as “The spinster.” | 被称为”老处女”的尴尬 |
[17:57] | Oh, I do love to dance. | 我确实很喜欢跳舞 |
[17:59] | Do you like my flower? We grow them in our very own garden. | 你觉得这花怎么样 我家私人花园培育的 |
[18:02] | I must show you my watercolors sometime, | 你一定得抽空看看我的水彩画 |
[18:04] | if you desire to see them. | 如果你想看的话 |
[18:05] | And she is quite proficient on the pianoforte too. | 而且她也相当擅长钢琴 |
[18:24] | Is that not the young lady | 这不是去年那位 |
[18:25] | who was caught with her gentleman last year | 在莫特拉姆夫人温室被人撞见 |
[18:28] | in Lady Mottram’s conservatory, unchaperoned? | 和一位男士在一起的小姐吗 没人陪着吗 |
[18:30] | She’s lucky her gentleman agreed to a hasty marriage | 她很幸运 在她毁掉自己后 |
[18:32] | after she went and ruined herself. | 她的男人答应与她仓促完婚 |
[18:35] | Lightskirts. | 多轻浮的女人 |
[19:02] | They’re all staring, Mother. | 他们都在看我们 母亲 |
[19:04] | Allow them to come to you, dearest. | 让他们来找你 亲爱的 |
[19:14] | Look who’s already setting his cap at Miss Bridgerton. | 瞧瞧谁盯上了布里奇顿小姐了 |
[19:18] | Lady Bridgerton, Miss Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿夫人 布里奇顿小姐 |
[19:22] | Lord Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿勋爵 |
[19:23] | I believe you have already | 我想 你已经见过 |
[19:24] | been introduced to my daughter Daphne, Lord Ambrose. | 我的女儿达芙妮了对吗 安布罗斯勋爵 |
[19:26] | Uh, yes. We met at your brother’s levee. | 是的 我们在你哥哥的早会上见过 |
[19:29] | If I recall, my lord, | 如果我没记错的话 大人 |
[19:30] | you had just won your first race at Newmarket. | 你刚在纽马克特赢下第一场赛马 |
[19:32] | His first and only, I believe. | 第一场 也是唯一一场 |
[19:35] | Well, in that case, | 如果是那样的话 |
[19:36] | let us hope his lordship has found himself a new horse. | 希望阁下已经找到一匹新马了 |
[19:40] | I haven’t had the pleasure | 最近都没在 |
[19:40] | of seeing you at our club lately, Ambrose. | 我们的俱乐部见到你 安布罗斯 |
[19:43] | Should it have anything to do with the unpaid balance | 这是否与你去年冬天 |
[19:45] | you left on our betting books winter last? | 欠下未还的赌债有关呢 |
[19:53] | Ambrose is a cheat. | 安布罗斯就是个骗子 |
[19:55] | A man of any honor ensures his debts are fully paid. | 任何稍有道德的人 都会确保还清债务 |
[19:58] | I did not realize. | 我完全不知道 |
[20:00] | Well, how could you have done? | 你怎么会知道呢 |
[20:01] | It is the very reason I am here, Sister. | 所以需要我在这里 妹妹 |
[20:05] | Let us take a turn about the room. | 我们去屋里转转吧 |
[20:20] | He is rather pleasing. | 他挺讨喜的 |
[20:22] | He is rather here to shuffle about hunting fortunes. | 他就是来这里捞钱的 |
[20:24] | Trust Mr. Lewis knows of your sizable dowry. | 相信我 刘易斯先生知道你的嫁妆价值不菲 |
[20:26] | Leave him be. | 离他远点 |
[20:28] | – I presume you know of him too? – Mr. Worthington. Second son. | -那你一定也认识他 -沃辛顿先生 二儿子 |
[20:31] | We shall find better. | 我们能找到更好的 |
[20:33] | He is of dubious parentage. | 他的身世存疑 |
[20:37] | I shall not have you making a life with a poet, heaven forbid. | 我不会让你和诗人在一起的 但愿不会 |
[20:40] | Nor an eccentric. | 也不能是个怪人 |
[20:41] | My word! | 我保证 |
[20:44] | Anthony! Daph! | 安东尼 小芙 |
[20:46] | If the only gentlemen present this evening are your brothers, | 如果你的哥哥们是今晚男士中的唯一人选 |
[20:48] | then we’re in a great deal of trouble, indeed. | 那我们可真是遇到大麻烦了 |
[20:50] | You continue to say “We.” | 你一直强调”我们” |
[20:52] | Did Mother tell you yet? About my tour? I’m to begin in Greece. | 母亲告诉你了吗 首站是希腊 |
[20:56] | – Greece? How adventurous, Colin! – On guard! | -希腊 真够刺激呀 科林 -警戒状态 |
[21:00] | Too late. | 迟了 |
[21:01] | I already noted you. | 我已经看到你们了 |
[21:03] | – Lady Danbury. – Good evening. | -丹布里夫人 -晚上好 |
[21:05] | Miss Bridgerton, you look rather lovely this evening. | 布里奇顿小姐 你今晚真漂亮 |
[21:08] | Is there a reason I’ve yet to see you on the dance floor? | 为什么不去舞池跳舞呢 |
[21:11] | All in good time, Lady Danbury. | 马上就去 丹布里夫人 |
[21:15] | You poor thing. | 小可怜 |
[21:26] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[21:29] | I’m sure I’ve never seen her. | 我从没见过她 |
[21:31] | Miss Marina Thompson, a distant cousin of my husband’s. | 玛丽娜·汤普森小姐 我丈夫的远房表妹 |
[21:35] | She’s rather dowdy, is she not? | 打扮的真俗气 不是吗 |
[21:38] | One of the Bridgerton boys is joining the swarm. | 布里奇顿兄弟已经有人被吸引了 |
[21:44] | Well! | 呵 |
[21:48] | Most telling! | 显而易见 |
[21:49] | I imagine your household will be a hive of callers in the morning, | 明天你家门口将会挤满了人 |
[21:53] | Lady Featherington. | 费瑟英顿夫人 |
[21:55] | Where one suitor goes, the rest will surely follow. | 有了一个追求者 其他追求者也会跟风而去 |
[22:04] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[22:18] | There. | 看那 |
[22:20] | The duke. I would recognize him anywhere. | 公爵 他走到哪我都能一眼认出 |
[22:24] | – Mama, where are you taking us? – To meet the duke. | -妈妈 你带我们去哪 -去见那位公爵 |
[22:27] | That man is not in our miniatures. | 这人可不在我们的计划中 |
[22:28] | Make haste before he should see Miss Thompson. | 赶紧的 得赶在他见到汤普森小姐之前 |
[22:31] | Your Grace. | 阁下 |
[22:35] | Let me introduce my daughters, | 请让我为你介绍我的女儿们 |
[22:36] | Miss Prudence Featherington, | 普鲁登斯·费瑟英顿小姐 |
[22:37] | Miss Philipa Featherington. | 费丽帕·费瑟英顿小姐 |
[22:52] | I’m quite parched. | 我已经口干舌燥了 |
[22:54] | I shall fetch you a glass of lemonade. | 我去给你拿一杯柠檬水 |
[22:55] | No. You have already done so much for me tonight. | 不 今晚你已经为我做很多事了 |
[22:58] | I shall return in a mere moment. | 我马上就回来 |
[23:05] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[23:20] | Small glasses. | 杯好小 |
[23:22] | – Lord Berbrooke. – Tiny little things, are they not? | -巴布鲁克勋爵 -小东西们 不是吗 |
[23:26] | The glasses? I suppose. | 玻璃杯吗 好像是的 |
[23:29] | Then the matter is settled. | 那这事就说定了 |
[23:31] | I’m not entirely sure the matter in which we discuss, my lord. | 我不太确定我们说的是什么事 大人 |
[23:35] | You’ve always amused me, Miss Bridgerton, | 你总能逗我开心 布里奇顿小姐 |
[23:36] | ever since I was a schoolboy, and you were… | 我还是学生时就这样 那时你 |
[23:40] | All but five? | 不到五岁 |
[23:48] | My brother, he summons me. | 我哥哥 他叫我了 |
[23:50] | Adieu. | 再见 |
[23:54] | Miss Bridgerton? | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[23:56] | A moment, please! | 请等一下 |
[23:59] | Miss Bridgerton? | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[24:06] | – Pardon me. – Forgive me. | -抱歉 -不好意思 |
[24:10] | Ah, yes. Wait just one second, thank you. | 对 请稍等一下 谢谢 |
[24:12] | Tell me your name. | 告诉我你的名字 |
[24:15] | Your name, sir? | 你的名字 先生 |
[24:16] | Am I honestly to believe you do not already know my name? | 你期望我相信你不知道我的名字吗 |
[24:20] | One moment. Yes, yes. Oh, hello. | 稍等 是的 你好 |
[24:24] | If you desired an introduction, madam, | 如果你想自我介绍 小姐 |
[24:25] | I do believe accosting me to be the least civilized of ways. | 我认为贸然搭讪是最没教养的做法 |
[24:28] | Accosting you? | 贸然搭讪 |
[24:29] | Truly, they will try anything. | 没错 她们什么都做得出来 |
[24:31] | Sir, that is not | 先生 那不是 |
[24:33] | This is not | 这不是 |
[24:35] | – What is your name? – Basset. | -你叫什么名字 -巴西特 |
[24:37] | Basset! | 巴西特 |
[24:38] | – Bridgerton! – Come here, old friend! | -布里奇顿 -过来 老朋友 |
[24:40] | I heard news of your father. | 我听说你父亲的事了 |
[24:43] | – Deuce take it, you are no longer Basset. – I shall– | -去他的 你已经不是巴西特了 -我应该 |
[24:44] | Hastings! The Duke of Hastings, now known for evermore. | 黑斯廷斯 黑斯廷斯公爵 现在大名鼎鼎了 |
[24:49] | The Duke of Hastings, is it? | 黑斯廷斯公爵 是吗 |
[24:54] | – Right, Hastings, this is my sister. – Your sister? | -没错 黑斯廷斯 这是我妹妹 -你妹妹 |
[24:57] | Daphne, Hastings and I know each other from our days at Oxford, | 达芙妮 黑斯廷斯和我是在牛津认识的 |
[25:00] | days we shall not soon forget. | 那些日子还历历在目 |
[25:03] | Yes. As I am well aware of the company you keep, brother, | 没错 我很清楚你会交什么样的朋友 哥哥 |
[25:06] | I am certain your days with His Grace were most civilized, indeed. | 我想你和公爵相处的日子一定很有教养 |
[25:14] | Hastings, we shall need to get together properly. | 黑斯廷斯 我们应该好好叙一下旧 |
[25:16] | I expect to see you at our club, then. | 那我们在俱乐部见 |
[25:17] | Indeed. Evening, Bridgerton. | 的确 晚安 布里奇顿 |
[25:21] | Miss Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿小姐 |
[25:36] | Daphne, I believe Lord Wetherby is looking for you to dance. | 达芙妮 我想韦瑟比勋爵正要找你跳舞呢 |
[25:39] | – Is he? – If only it weren’t time for us to retire. | -是吗 -只可惜我们正要走了 |
[25:42] | Daphne’s anything but weary. I shall stay with her. | 达芙妮一点也不累 我会陪着她 |
[25:44] | – That would be lovely. – Daphne | -那太好了 -达芙妮 |
[25:46] | there is nary a gentleman here who would not take your hand. | 这里所有人都想娶你 |
[25:48] | You must think about this. | 你一定要想清楚 |
[25:50] | The most perfect thing to do now is not to dance, | 现在最该做的事不是跳舞 |
[25:53] | but to leave them all wanting more. | 而是让他们对你更加牵挂 |
[25:56] | If anyone knows how this works, | 明白此中道理的人 |
[25:58] | it is your eldest brother. | 非你的大哥莫属 |
[26:01] | Perhaps he is right. | 也许他是对的 |
[26:03] | Let us go. | 我们走吧 |
[26:21] | Miss! You’ve already awakened! | 小姐 你已经醒了 |
[26:23] | Have Cook prepare as many biscuits as he can this morning. | 今早让厨子尽量多准备些饼干 |
[26:26] | Perhaps we might move a few extra chairs into the drawing room too. | 或许我们还可以再拿几把椅子到客厅 |
[26:31] | I do wonder which gentleman will be the very first to call. | 我很好奇谁是第一个拜访的人 |
[26:36] | I have so much to ask of them all. | 我有好多事想问他们 |
[26:38] | Well, let us get you dressed. | 我们先给你穿衣服 |
[26:53] | Anthony! | 安东尼 |
[26:55] | I did not expect to see you here this morning. | 我没想到今早能在这见到你 |
[26:56] | It is terribly early for you, dearest. | 你来的太早了 亲爱的 |
[26:59] | I could not sleep for some reason. All the excitement, I presume. | 我不知道为什么睡不着 我想是太激动了 |
[27:03] | Am I the first gentleman to arrive? | 我是第一个到的人吗 |
[27:06] | How wonderful! | 非常好 |
[27:20] | Callers, ma’am. The Earl of Stafford and the Marquess of Finley. | 有访客 夫人 斯塔福伯爵和芬利侯爵 |
[27:22] | My word! Well, you should have my colorful fashions to thank. | 我说过的 你们要感谢我的炫丽时装 |
[27:26] | For a Miss Marina Thompson. | 来找玛丽娜·汤普森小姐 |
[27:33] | Dearest reader, this author finds herself | 我最亲爱的读者 笔者发现 |
[27:36] | compelled to share the most curious of news. | 不得不分享这最稀奇的新闻 |
[27:40] | And do you have a large family, too, my lord? | 你也有个大家庭吗 大人 |
[27:42] | It seems our diamond requires a closer inspection. | 看来我们的出水芙蓉需要进一步考察了 |
[27:46] | Is there a problem, Lord Bridgerton? | 有问题吗 布里奇顿勋爵 |
[27:50] | I should think so. You are in my seat. | 我想是的 你坐了我的位置 |
[27:56] | As such, an even rarer jewel | 因为 一件更加稀有的珠宝 |
[27:59] | of only the most remarkable brilliance, | 伴随着令人瞩目的聪慧 |
[28:02] | fire, and luster has been unearthed. | 热情 闪亮登场了 |
[28:05] | Her name, unknown to most, yet soon known to all, | 她的名字很快将从默默无闻到人尽皆知了 |
[28:10] | is Miss Marina Thompson. | 她就是玛丽娜·汤普森小姐 |
[28:16] | Should you not be out on your daily walk about the square, dear? | 这个时候你不是应该在广场上散步吗 亲爱的 |
[28:18] | It appears as though it may rain. | 外面好像要下雨了 |
[28:24] | This author is left to wonder whether Her Majesty might reconsider | 笔者在想女王陛下是否要重新考虑 |
[28:29] | the high praise she once afforded Miss Bridgerton | 她给予布里奇顿小姐的高度赞许了 |
[28:33] | for we all must know | 因为我们都必须明白 |
[28:35] | what the queen despises more than anything | 女王最鄙视的的事情 |
[28:40] | being wrong. | 就是犯错 |
[28:43] | And the drawing room at | 而布里奇顿家的客厅 |
[28:44] | Bridgerton House currently appears to be emptier | 现在看起来空荡得堪比 |
[28:47] | than the muddled head of her dearest King George. | 她最亲爱的乔治国王的糊涂脑袋 |
[28:55] | Well, I must be off to my club, then. | 我现在必须要去俱乐部了 |
[28:59] | Sisters. Mother. | 妹妹们 母亲 告辞 |
[29:04] | It follows that Lady Featherington | 紧接着费瑟英顿夫人 |
[29:06] | is to receive what she has always desired: | 就要实现她一直以来的期望了 |
[29:09] | the season’s true Incomparable living under her own roof. | 本季最抢手的姑娘就住在自家屋檐下 |
[29:13] | She must be overjoyed. | 她一定喜不自胜了 |
[29:17] | Is Miss Thompson so high in her instep | 汤普森小姐的脚背这么高吗 |
[29:20] | that she’s unable to don her own slippers? | 她都不能自己穿鞋了吗 |
[29:23] | I should think not. | 我想她可以 |
[29:29] | Has anyone else read what Lady Whistledown has written of late? | 还有谁看了微声到夫人最新的文章了 |
[29:31] | Should anyone pay any heed | 难道有人会去在意 |
[29:32] | to what Lady Whistledown writes of late? | 微声到夫人最新写的文章吗 |
[29:34] | I certainly do not. | 我绝对不会 |
[29:36] | Mama, perhaps we might attend | 妈妈 也许我们可以 |
[29:38] | the upcoming Salisbury ball by ourselves | 自己去参加即将举办的索尔兹伯里舞会 |
[29:40] | and the Merriweather tea too. | 还有梅里韦瑟茶会 |
[29:41] | I believe that Anthony has already replied | 我想安东尼已经以我们的名义 |
[29:44] | on our behalf, dearest. | 回复过了 亲爱的 |
[29:47] | Apparently, he has managed our social calendar through June. | 显然 他已经帮我们安排好了整个六月的社交行程 |
[29:49] | He’ll be there for the entire season? | 他要一整季都和我们在一起 |
[29:51] | Lady Whistledown has made her opinion | 微声到夫人已经很明确地表达了 |
[29:53] | of our dear sister’s fortunes quite clear. | 她对我们亲爱姐姐命运的看法 |
[29:55] | Oh, enough about Lady Whistledown! | 别再说微声到夫人了 |
[30:00] | A caller for Miss Bridgerton. | 有人来拜访布里奇顿小姐 |
[30:05] | The Lord Berbrooke. | 有请巴布鲁克勋爵 |
[30:12] | Lord Berbrooke. | 巴布鲁克勋爵 |
[30:16] | Come in! | 快过来吧 |
[30:16] | May I help you to some freshly prepared biscuits? | 请尝尝我们刚准备好的饼干 |
[30:21] | Eloise, allow some room for his lordship, will you? | 埃洛伊丝 给勋爵大人挪出点位置好吗 |
[30:25] | Eloise, are you not due for a visit with Penelope this morning? | 埃洛伊丝 你今早不是该去拜访佩妮洛普吗 |
[30:28] | – I believe I should like to stay. – I believe you should like to go. | -我觉得我该留下来 -我觉得你该离开 |
[30:49] | Forgive me for not calling sooner. | 请原谅我没有早点来拜访 |
[30:52] | I presumed your affections were already engaged. | 我猜你对我早就爱慕已久 |
[30:56] | Now I know. | 现在我知道了 |
[30:58] | You and I were destined for each other. | 我们是彼此的命中注定 |
[31:09] | And so, by Heaven, your love may burn | 如此 对天堂发誓 你的爱 |
[31:13] | from the depths of my soul. | 会在我灵魂深处燃烧 |
[31:15] | Tis thee I shall earn. | 我将赢得你 |
[31:23] | Wonderful, wonderful. Gentlemen, thank you for your calls. | 太棒了 完美 先生们 感谢你们的拜访 |
[31:27] | Do not forget to bid Prudence, Philipa, | 你们走时别忘了向普鲁登斯 费丽帕 |
[31:30] | or even Penelope farewell as you go. | 或是佩妮洛普道别 |
[31:34] | – A most wretched sonnet, indeed. – Lord Byron he is not. | -真是首极悲惨的十四行诗 -拜伦勋爵可不是 |
[31:38] | I do not believe so. Good day, Pen. | 我不这么认为 再见 小佩 |
[31:46] | Lord Berbrooke is harmless. There will be others. | 巴布鲁克勋爵毫无威胁 还会有其他人 |
[31:50] | Lady Whistledown has all but declared me ineligible… | 微声到夫人几乎称我不合格 |
[31:54] | worthy of the affection of a detestable simpleton | 说我只适合令人厌恶的笨蛋来追求 |
[31:57] | and no one else. | 其他人都不行 |
[31:58] | Tell me, what others should ever want such damaged goods now? | 告诉我 现在谁会想要如此差劲的女孩 |
[32:01] | You speak as if Lady Whistledown | 你说的好像微声到夫人 |
[32:02] | were to be held in higher regard | 比女王陛下自己 |
[32:04] | than Her Majesty the Queen herself. | 更有威望 |
[32:06] | You give far too much credit to some anonymous scribbler. | 你对这个匿名的三流人物太重视了 |
[32:09] | These musings, they’re not true. | 这些评论都不是真的 |
[32:11] | Only they are true, Brother, and they are true because of you. | 但就是真的 哥哥 而且都是因为你 |
[32:14] | You have managed to scare every worthy suitor away. | 你把每一个求婚者都吓跑了 |
[32:17] | Whistledown has merely reported it. | 微声到夫人只不过是说了出来 |
[32:19] | I am looking out for you. I am protecting you. | 我是在照顾你 保护你 |
[32:21] | – It is my duty. – And what of my duty? | -这是我的责任 -那我的呢 |
[32:27] | You have no idea what it is to be a woman… | 你完全不了解作为一个女人意味着什么 |
[32:31] | what it might feel like | 你不知道 |
[32:32] | to have one’s entire life reduced to a single moment. | 把人的一生简化成一个瞬间是什么感觉 |
[32:36] | This is all I have been raised for. | 我就是为这一刻而生 |
[32:38] | This… is all I am. | 这…就是我的全部 |
[32:40] | I have no other value. | 我没有其他的价值 |
[32:42] | If I am unable to find a husband, I shall be worthless. | 如果我无法找到一个丈夫 那我将一文不值 |
[32:45] | Daphne, you’re a Bridgerton. | 达芙妮 你是布里奇顿家的一员 |
[32:48] | It would be easier if I were not. | 如果我不是 那就简单多了 |
[32:55] | Go on. | 驾 |
[32:59] | Ambitious mamas rejoice, | 野心勃勃的妈妈们欢欣雀跃 |
[33:02] | for the new Duke of Hastings continues | 因为新黑斯廷斯公爵 |
[33:04] | to grace our fair city with his presence. | 继续让我们城市熠熠生辉 |
[33:08] | And, oh, what an impressive presence it is! | 天呐 他真是令人垂涎 |
[33:13] | Lady Whistledown has written about you again, Your Grace. | 微声到夫人又一次写到了您 大人 |
[33:18] | Would you like to read it? | 你想看看吗 |
[33:19] | It should be noted | 需注意的是 |
[33:20] | that the duke has been overheard announcing to mamas everywhere | 听说公爵正在通知各处的妈妈们 |
[33:24] | that he has no plans of ever marrying. | 他完全不打算结婚 |
[33:28] | This author wonders | 笔者不禁好奇 |
[33:29] | which brazen matchmaker shall rise to such a challenge, | 怎样的媒人才敢迎接如此挑战 |
[33:33] | for this competition is well underway. | 因为这场竞赛已经开始 |
[33:37] | You know, I do suppose | 我猜 |
[33:38] | if it were not for an overzealous mother at every corner, | 如果不是因为过分热心的妈妈们 |
[33:40] | this time of year in the city would not be so very dreadful. | 城里每年这时候都不会如此糟糕 |
[33:43] | Those mothers simply want the same as you, I rather think. | 我觉得那些妈妈们和你想要的都一样 |
[33:45] | For every last one of them | 希望她们所有人 |
[33:46] | to choke on their daughters’ hair ribbons? | 都被自己女儿的发带勒死吗 |
[33:48] | For you to claim a wife, Hastings. | 希望你娶妻 黑斯廷斯 |
[33:50] | Are you not planning on taking your place in society | 你真的不打算在拿到自己的封土后 |
[33:52] | when you have a dukedom? | 在社会上占据一席之地吗 |
[33:53] | I have a title, which, as far as I’m concerned, will end with me. | 我有头衔 就我看这个头衔会跟着我进坟墓 |
[33:56] | – But Hastings – Stop calling me that. | -但黑斯廷斯 -别这么叫我了 |
[33:59] | It was my father’s name. Never mine. | 那是我爸爸的名字 从不是我的 |
[34:02] | And in any case, what of you? | 不管怎样 那你呢 |
[34:05] | What of me? | 我怎么了 |
[34:06] | You are the firstborn Bridgerton of a firstborn Bridgerton, | 你是第九代布里奇顿长子中的 |
[34:08] | nine times over. Where is your wife? | 布里奇顿长子 你的妻子呢 |
[34:12] | Right away, sir. | 马上来 先生 |
[34:14] | Oh! Is your plan to fuck her forever, your mistress? | 你的计划是和你的情妇一直睡下下去 |
[34:19] | You shall need to sire an heir. | 你需要一个继承人 |
[34:21] | I’m in possession of something that you are not. | 我拥有一个你没有的东西 |
[34:25] | Brothers. | 弟弟们 |
[34:26] | It has reached my ears | 我听说 |
[34:28] | that Mr. Colin Bridgerton shall be awarded the year’s grand prize | 科林·布里奇顿先生应当被授予年度大奖 |
[34:33] | when he sweeps Miss Thompson | 因为他俘获了炙手可热的 |
[34:35] | off her pretty little slippered feet. | 汤普森小姐的芳心 |
[34:38] | You could always send the willow back to that farm, madam. | 你随时可以把那个娼妇送回农场去 夫人 |
[34:43] | As if Lord Featherington would ever allow that. | 说的好像费瑟英顿勋爵会同意一样 |
[34:53] | In other news, | 此外 |
[34:54] | a most peculiar suitor for Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged. | 达芙妮·布里奇顿小姐有了一个古怪的追求者 |
[34:59] | Daphne… | 达芙妮 |
[35:02] | Your caller. | 拜访者来了 |
[35:06] | Will it be just the two of us… | 是能够再一次 |
[35:07] | yet again? | 我们单独相处吗 |
[35:36] | Our box, Mama? | 去我们的包厢吧 妈妈 |
[35:39] | Lady Bridgerton! | 布里奇顿夫人 |
[35:41] | Do join us. | 和我们坐一起吧 |
[35:49] | Your Majesty, good evening. | 晚上好 女王陛下 |
[35:51] | You must remember my daughter, Daphne. | 你一定还记得我女儿达芙妮吧 |
[35:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:54] | She made quite an impression… | 她之前让人眼前一亮 |
[35:57] | however fleeting it may have been. | 然而这种印象转瞬即逝 |
[36:02] | I would like to welcome you both to my box this evening. | 今晚我想邀请你们二位来我的包厢 |
[36:06] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[36:16] | They are saying her husband | 他们说她丈夫 |
[36:17] | will not live till the end of the month. | 活不到这个月底 |
[36:19] | Surely another rumor | 这绝对是那个恶毒的 |
[36:20] | provided by that vicious, scandal-mongering writer. | 散布丑闻的八卦作家捏造的另一个谣言 |
[36:23] | Should her degradation know no bounds? | 她的堕落就没下限吗 |
[36:30] | Lady Whistledown writes about my family too. | 微声到夫人也在写我家人的事 |
[36:33] | Yet I suppose the duke can withstand such scrutiny, | 然而我觉得公爵经受得住这样的仔细审查 |
[36:35] | since he is, after all, a man. | 因为他毕竟是个男人 |
[36:37] | His Grace was fortunate to have you there with him as a child | 公爵大人很幸运 在他母亲出事后 |
[36:40] | after what happened to his mother. Awful! | 有你照顾年幼的他 真是太可怕了 |
[36:43] | – He is not what Whistledown writes. – Nor is Daphne. | -他不是微声到夫人写的那样 -达芙妮也不是 |
[36:46] | It would seem the two of them have that much in common, then. | 那看起来他俩的共同点还挺多 |
[36:49] | Matches have certainly been made with far less. | 更为不般配的人也成为了夫妇 |
[36:53] | What are you suggesting? | 你什么意思 |
[36:57] | Lady Whistledown merely writes what she sees. | 微声到夫人只写她所看到的 |
[36:59] | Perhaps we need to help her to see things a bit more clearly. | 也许我们需要帮她看得更清楚 |
[37:07] | The duke is quite fond of gooseberry pie. | 公爵很喜欢吃醋栗馅饼 |
[37:10] | The very dish my cook is renowned for. | 这可是我家厨子的拿手菜 |
[37:41] | Haven’t you heard what we’re talking about? | 你没听到我们在聊什么吗 |
[37:43] | For all we know, Whistledown may be some interloper | 据我们所知 微声到夫人可能是住在 |
[37:45] | living in Bloomsbury, of all places. | 布卢姆斯伯里某处的哪个外来者 |
[37:47] | What should be so terrible about Bloomsbury? | 布卢姆斯伯里有那么糟吗 |
[37:49] | That people there actually work for a living? | 那里的人真的靠工作维生吗 |
[37:50] | She does seem to be someone with access. | 她看起来确实是个有内幕消息的人 |
[37:52] | – Who knows if Whistledown is even a she? – Fair point. | -谁知道微声到夫人是不是女人 -有道理 |
[37:54] | Because she is simply too good to be anyone but a man? | 因为她太棒了所以只能是男人吗 |
[37:57] | Well, I think it rather obvious that the writer is Lady Danbury. | 我认为很明显 这个作家就是丹布里夫人 |
[37:59] | Lady Danbury enjoys sharing her insults with society directly. | 丹布里夫人喜欢直接在社交场合侮辱他人 |
[38:03] | She would never bother herself writing them all down. | 她绝对懒得把那些话写下来 |
[38:05] | Could it be Lady Featherington? | 会是费瑟英顿夫人吗 |
[38:07] | – No! – No. | -不会 -不会 |
[38:10] | You have yet to read what Whistledown writes | 你还没看到微声到夫人写的 |
[38:12] | of the Featheringtons, little sister. | 关于费瑟英顿一家的事 妹妹 |
[38:14] | You must forgive this rather unruly debate, Your Grace. | 请你别介意这种没规矩的议论 大人 |
[38:17] | Nonsense. I find it entertaining. | 怎么会 我觉得很有趣 |
[38:20] | All of you at one table, even the children. | 你们所有人都坐在一张桌上 甚至是孩子 |
[38:23] | Well, I realize it may be unfashionable, but we like each other. | 我知道这可能不太流行 但我们喜欢彼此 |
[38:28] | Most of the time. | 大部分时间是 |
[38:30] | You should join us more often, Your Grace. | 你该常来我们家做客 大人 |
[38:32] | Perhaps when we travel to our country seat. | 也许在我们去乡间别墅时可以一起 |
[38:34] | You would be most welcome. | 非常欢迎你的到来 |
[38:36] | Gregory! Would you stop tossing peas at me? | 格雷戈里 你能别再朝我扔豆子了吗 |
[38:38] | Those peas were already there. | 那些豆子本来就在那里 |
[38:39] | You cannot tell me what to do. I am older. | 你不能告诉我该做什么 我比你大 |
[38:41] | – And I’m taller. – Children… | -我比你高 -孩子们 |
[38:45] | He does have a presence about him. | 他确实长得很不错 |
[38:49] | If rakish dukes were one’s thing. | 如果真有放荡公爵的话 |
[38:51] | – I’m to spar with Jackson himself. – You? | -我要去跟杰克逊好好理论一下 -你吗 |
[38:54] | Is that envy I detect in your voice? | 你是在嫉妒吗 |
[38:56] | Judgment, brother. I shall need to witness this. | 判断 兄弟 我得眼见为实 |
[38:59] | You appear displeased. | 你看起来不太高兴 |
[39:02] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[39:03] | We find ourselves seated beside each other, Miss Bridgerton. | 我们坐在一起 布里奇顿小姐 |
[39:06] | I’d like to think you’re happy about that. | 我以为这样你会很高兴 |
[39:08] | Perhaps, Your Grace, | 或许吧 大人 |
[39:10] | it would be better if you refrained from thinking about me at all. | 如果你不要一直想我就更好了 |
[39:14] | It is simply surprising. | 这可真让人吃惊 |
[39:16] | Yes! However is it possible for a lady | 是的 对一位淑女来说 |
[39:18] | to offer anything other than a smile | 当她坐在公爵旁边时 |
[39:20] | whilst seated beside a duke? | 除了微笑还能做什么呢 |
[39:21] | …you regarding subjects much too… | 你看待问题太… |
[39:22] | – Even one of your reputation. – You are aware of my reputation. | -哪怕有你那样的名声 -你知道我的名声 |
[39:25] | I am aware of your friendship with my eldest brother. | 我知道你是我大哥的好朋友 |
[39:29] | If that were not enough, I am also aware | 如果这还不够 我还知道 |
[39:31] | of the things a certain writer has recently written of you. | 一位作家最近写的有关你的一些事 |
[39:34] | Presumptuous? Clearly. | 放肆 很明显 |
[39:36] | Arrogant? Most definitely. | 傲慢 绝对的 |
[39:38] | You are a rake… through and through. | 你就是个彻头彻尾的花花公子 |
[39:41] | Tell me I’m wrong. | 告诉我我错了 |
[39:42] | Who is to refrain from thinking about whom again? | 谁不要一直想谁来着 |
[39:45] | I assure you. I am anything but interested in you. | 我向你保证 我对你没兴趣 |
[39:48] | – Good. – Quite. | -很好 -没错 |
[39:49] | And I anything but interested in you, | 我对你也完全不感兴趣 |
[39:51] | the eldest sister of my oldest friend, | 我老朋友的长妹 |
[39:53] | yet another recent subject of a certain writer. | 某作家笔下最近另一个话题人物 |
[39:55] | Chaste, neat, desperate. | 贞洁 整洁 急切 |
[39:59] | – I shall have you know… – To marry, that is. | -我必须告诉你 -是急切地想结婚 |
[40:02] | Tell me I am wrong. | 告诉我我错了 |
[40:07] | Hastings, I’m so glad you decided to join us this evening. | 黑斯廷斯 很高兴你决定今晚来我家做客 |
[40:11] | – It was most spontaneous of you. – Not at all. | -你还真是主动 -根本不是 |
[40:13] | With Lady Danbury accepting | 丹布里夫人代表我 |
[40:14] | your dear mother’s gracious invitation on my behalf… | 接受了你亲爱的母亲的盛情邀请 |
[40:17] | Well, however could I have declined? | 我怎么敢拒绝呢 |
[40:20] | You must stay for dessert. | 你必须留下来吃甜点 |
[40:21] | It’s gooseberry pie, Your Grace. | 是醋栗馅饼 大人 |
[40:24] | Lovely! | 太好了 |
[40:39] | You were a reasonable mother | 您之前是个通情达理的母亲 |
[40:40] | – until your eldest daughter came of age. – Anthony… | -直到您的大女儿到了适婚年龄 -安东尼 |
[40:42] | This matchmaking scheme | 这种明显是由 |
[40:43] | you rather transparently concocted with Lady Danbury, | 您和丹布里夫人炮制的牵线搭桥计划 |
[40:46] | it will not work. | 根本行不通 |
[40:48] | I can think of worse matches for Daphne than a duke. | 我想不出比公爵更适合达芙妮的人 |
[40:53] | – I believe the two of you to be friends. – We are good friends. | -我以为你们是朋友 -我们是好朋友 |
[40:55] | Which is why I know he has absolutely no intention of marrying. | 所以我知道他绝对无意结婚 |
[40:58] | You must understand all men make that assertion. | 你得理解 所有男人都这么说 |
[41:00] | – Your… Your father… – Do not bring Father into this. | -你 你父亲 -别把父亲扯进来 |
[41:06] | Even if he were in want of a wife, | 即使他想找妻子 |
[41:08] | you would most certainly not have the duke anywhere near Daphne. | 您也绝不该让公爵接近达芙妮 |
[41:10] | I am fully subscribed to the belief | 我一直坚信 |
[41:12] | that reformed rakes make the very best of husbands. | 浪子回头金不换 他们能成为最好丈夫 |
[41:14] | He will not make her happy! | 他不会让她幸福的 |
[41:17] | Daphne deserves better. | 达芙妮值得更好的人 |
[41:19] | And I know… I know you think you are solving the problem, | 而且我知道 您以为自己在解决问题 |
[41:21] | but you are not. | 但其实没有 |
[41:22] | And that is all I shall say about the matter. | 关于这件事 我就想说这么多 |
[41:30] | The duke will be joining us | 明晚在沃克斯豪尔 |
[41:31] | as our guest at Vauxhall tomorrow evening. | 公爵会作为我们的贵客一同前往 |
[41:33] | I admit, it was not easy to convince him to come. | 我承认 劝说他同往并不容易 |
[41:35] | – You overstep. – She is my eldest daughter. | -您越界了 -她是我的长女 |
[41:36] | – Yet she is my responsibility, as are you. – Responsibility? | -但她是我的责任 您也是 -责任 |
[41:39] | Do not make this any more difficult than it already is. | 请您不要再添乱了 |
[41:41] | I wish to know something, Anthony. | 安东尼 我想问你个问题 |
[41:43] | Tonight, when you leave this study | 今晚 在你离开这间 |
[41:45] | that you continue to keep at your family home, | 你保留在老家的书房之后 |
[41:48] | are you to return to bachelor lodgings across the square, | 你会回到广场对面的单身公寓吗 |
[41:51] | or will you pay a visit to a certain soprano that you tend to | 还是去镇上另一边 |
[41:54] | in an apartment that you pay for on the other side of town? | 在你买的公寓里 拜访那位女高音呢 |
[41:57] | Relying on your younger brothers | 期待你的弟弟们 |
[41:59] | to one day do the job that you cannot. | 在将来扛起你做不到的事 |
[42:03] | You like to speak of responsibility. | 你还有脸提责任 |
[42:05] | My dear son! | 我亲爱的儿子 |
[42:07] | Of duty? | 关于职责 |
[42:08] | Pray tell, what should you know of it? | 你倒是说说 你懂什么 |
[42:12] | I sit with her in that drawing room. | 我和她一起坐在会客室里时 |
[42:14] | Do you know what I see? | 你知道我看到了什么吗 |
[42:17] | A young woman who is terrified | 我看到了一位惊恐的姑娘 |
[42:19] | because she knows what kind of life, | 因为她清楚 如果你继续 |
[42:20] | what kind of future, awaits her | 挡着她的路 她将面对 |
[42:22] | should you continue to get in her way. | 什么样的人生 什么样的未来 |
[42:26] | If your father was still here, | 如果你的父亲还建在 |
[42:27] | Daphne would already have been matched. | 达芙妮的婚事肯定早就定了 |
[42:29] | The man would have made an arrangement with an old friend. | 他一定会和他的老友安排一场会面 |
[42:32] | The man would have done what was now necessary. | 他肯定会一一安排好这些重要的事 |
[42:34] | So you must ask yourself | 所以你必须问问自己 |
[42:36] | are you merely an older brother, | 你只是一位哥哥 |
[42:39] | or are you the man of this house? | 还是一家之主 |
[43:07] | I cannot see you anymore. | 我不能再见你了 |
[43:13] | I… I do not understand. | 我不明白 |
[43:15] | It is not for you to understand. | 你不需要明白 |
[43:19] | I must do what is necessary. | 我必须做必要之事 |
[43:23] | You said you would always protect me. | 你说了会一直保护我的 |
[43:28] | You promised to care for me, my lord. | 大人 你保证过会照顾我 |
[43:31] | And now… | 可是现在 |
[43:33] | What shall I do now? | 现在我该怎么办 |
[43:38] | You shall leave. | 你应该离开 |
[43:40] | Be it shame or slander, | 不论是羞耻还是诽谤 |
[43:43] | seduction or smear, | 诱惑还是污蔑 |
[43:45] | there is but one thing | 只有一件事 |
[43:46] | that humbles even the most highly-regarded | 能够让镇上即使是最受尊敬的人 |
[43:49] | members of our dear ton… | 都变得低声下气 |
[43:51] | a scandal! | 那就是丑闻 |
[43:56] | Well, dear reader, it should seem that all of Grosvenor Square | 亲爱的读者 似乎整个格罗夫纳广场 |
[44:01] | has been left to ponder a rather scandalous question, indeed. | 都在揣测一个相当八卦的问题 |
[44:07] | Might one former diamond’s recent fall from grace | 一位曾是璀璨钻石的陨落 |
[44:11] | turn out to be the most damning scandal of all? | 是否会成为最致命的丑闻呢 |
[44:30] | Pen. | 小佩 |
[44:31] | Colin. | 科林 |
[44:33] | – I did not know you would be here. – Sorry to disappoint. | -我不知道你会来 -抱歉让你失望了 |
[44:37] | Have you seen Miss Thompson? | 你见到汤普森小姐了吗 |
[44:39] | She is ill. | 她生病了 |
[44:41] | My mama had to stay home with her. | 我妈妈得在家里陪着她 |
[44:43] | Papa had to chaperone. | 是爸爸陪我来的 |
[44:45] | I’m quite enjoying the fact that he is here. | 我其实很高兴他能来 |
[44:48] | Mama would never allow me to wear a dress like this. | 妈妈绝不会允许我穿这样的裙子 |
[44:51] | Not, uh, yellow enough, I think. | 我猜是因为不够黄吧 |
[44:54] | Mr. Bridgerton. | 布里奇顿先生 |
[44:56] | I believe you owe me a dance this evening. | 我想今晚你还欠我一支舞呢 |
[44:58] | And I have only one more space remaining on my card at present. | 现在我的卡上只剩一个空位了 |
[45:01] | How convenient. | 真巧啊 |
[45:03] | Penelope, I did not see you there. | 佩妮洛普 我没看见你在那里 |
[45:06] | I’m afraid I cannot offer you that dance, Miss Cowper. | 恐怕我不能请你跳舞了 考珀小姐 |
[45:09] | I am to escort Miss Featherington to the floor. | 我正要带费瑟英顿小姐上台跳舞呢 |
[45:38] | The resemblance is remarkable. | 真是太像了 |
[45:40] | You look just like him. | 你和他长得一模一样 |
[45:42] | Your father. | 你的父亲 |
[45:44] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[45:45] | a most extraordinary event is about to take place. | 一件非比寻常的事即将发生 |
[45:49] | Right this way! | 就在这边 |
[45:51] | Come! Come! | 请过来 来吧 |
[46:24] | – Madam. – Yes… Varley? | -夫人 -怎么了 瓦利 |
[46:31] | It is with great privilege | 我非常荣幸地 |
[46:32] | I present Vauxhall’s newest spectacle of illumination. | 向大家介绍沃克斯豪尔最新的灯饰奇观 |
[46:37] | Feast your eyes above | 让您的双眼享受这盛景 |
[46:39] | and allow all that is radiant to overwhelm you! | 尽情沉浸在这万丈光芒中吧 |
[46:49] | Wonderful light! | 绝妙的灯光 |
[46:51] | Thank you! | 谢谢大家 |
[46:59] | Is it not the most bizarre? | 简直太神奇了 |
[47:02] | Look, brother. | 哥哥 快看呀 |
[47:05] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[47:06] | Lord Berbrooke’s barony is over 200 years old. | 巴布鲁克勋爵的领地已有200年的历史 |
[47:08] | His lineage is legitimate. | 他的血统十分纯正 |
[47:10] | He has had an excellent education, possesses no debts, | 他受过良好的教育 没有任何债务 |
[47:13] | never hurt an animal or a woman, and is even a decent shot. | 从不伤害动物或女人 而且他枪法很准 |
[47:18] | To speak strictly, there is nothing wrong with him. | 严格地说 他没有任何缺点 |
[47:21] | – What should any of this– – You are to marry him. | -这些和我有什么 -你要嫁给他 |
[47:25] | – Nigel? – I had to find you a husband, sister. | -奈杰尔吗 -妹妹 我得给你找个丈夫 |
[47:27] | Now, be grateful it is done. | 已经定下来了 心怀感激吧 |
[47:30] | It should be just as easy to fall in love with Lord Berbrooke | 要爱上巴布鲁克勋爵是件很容易的事 |
[47:33] | as with anyone else. | 和爱上其他人一样容易 |
[47:35] | I will not hear of this. | 我不会答应的 |
[47:58] | You haven’t bled. | 你没有来月事 |
[48:01] | It’s been over a month since your arrival, | 你到这里已经一个多月了 |
[48:04] | and you haven’t bled. | 而你一直没有来月事 |
[48:10] | I suppose I should be happy. | 我猜我应该高兴才是 |
[48:12] | Up until now, | 到目前为止 |
[48:13] | I’ve had no legitimate excuse to dispense with you. | 我都没有正当借口抛弃你 |
[48:17] | But when Lord Featherington hears of this, | 但等费瑟英顿勋爵听说了这事 |
[48:20] | when your own papa hears of this… | 等你自己父亲听说了 |
[48:23] | – Please… – I suppose I should be happy. | -求您了 -我猜我该觉得开心 |
[48:25] | And if it were guaranteed | 而且如果这能保证 |
[48:26] | that my own ladies would not be affected | 你那令人生厌的鲁莽 |
[48:30] | by your revolting recklessness, | 不会影响到我家的女儿 |
[48:33] | I would be! | 我肯定会开心 |
[48:34] | Do you even know who the father is? | 你知道孩子的父亲是谁吗 |
[48:36] | What I know is that you shall never understand. | 我只知道你永远不能理解 |
[48:38] | – What was that? – You shall never understand! | -你说什么 -你永远也不会理解 |
[48:41] | Someone like you, living this ridiculously charmed… | 像你这样的人 过着这么养尊处优的生活 |
[48:45] | Did you think I wanted to come here… | 你以为我想来这里吗 |
[48:48] | to be around people like you, | 待在你这样的人身边 |
[48:50] | so out of touch, so superior? | 冷漠无情 高人一等 |
[49:07] | Whatever are you doing? | 你究竟在做什么呢 |
[49:09] | Nigel, not now. | 奈杰尔 现在不方便 |
[49:10] | “Nigel?” | “奈杰尔” |
[49:12] | Are we to drop the honorific so soon? | 这么快就不用尊称了吗 |
[49:15] | I suppose as your husband– | 我想作为你的丈夫 |
[49:17] | You will never be my husband. I will never marry you. | 你不可能做我丈夫 我绝不会嫁给你 |
[49:21] | My brother, he… | 我哥哥 他 |
[49:23] | He made a mistake. | 他犯了个错误 |
[49:24] | Do you think yourself better than me? | 你认为我配不上你吗 |
[49:28] | It’d be best for you to leave. | 你最好离开了 |
[49:30] | You should be thanking me. | 你该感谢我 |
[49:31] | I’m your last hope. | 我是你最后的希望 |
[49:33] | No one wants you, Miss Bridgerton. | 没人想娶你 布里奇顿小姐 |
[49:35] | – What are you doing? – You’ll find out soon enough. | -你要干什么 -你很快就会知道了 |
[49:36] | Stop it! | 停下 |
[49:38] | Let go of me! | 放开我 |
[49:45] | Your Grace… I had no intention– | 公爵大人 我没想 |
[49:48] | Of knocking the climp flat out? | 徒手打晕这个蠢货 |
[49:53] | Well, I must say, I am impressed. | 我得说 真让我刮目相看 |
[49:54] | What are you doing out here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[49:56] | Avoiding certain people. | 避开某些人 |
[49:58] | – People? – Mothers. | -某些人 -母亲们 |
[50:00] | They are people, I suppose. | 她们也是人 我猜 |
[50:02] | You are coming from the Dark Walk. | 你是从黑暗走廊来的 |
[50:04] | It is merely a few steps away. | 那里只有几步之遥 |
[50:06] | What would you know of the Dark– | 你又知道什么黑暗走廊的事 |
[50:07] | The Dark Walk is merely a few steps away, | 离黑暗走廊只有几步之遥 |
[50:10] | and I am alone with two men. | 而我和两个男人在这里独处 |
[50:11] | I believe you are only with one man. The other is– | 我想只有一个男人 另一个 |
[50:13] | I shall be compromised just the same. | 那我的名声还是毁了 |
[50:15] | Do you have any idea what would happen | 你知道会发生什么吗 |
[50:17] | if someone even suggested that I– | 只要有人暗示说我 |
[50:19] | I must go. | 我得走了 |
[50:20] | Marry me, Miss Bridgerton. | 嫁给我 布里奇顿小姐 |
[50:22] | Now, as far as proposals go, | 在众多的求婚花样中 |
[50:23] | that may be the least romantic of all. | 这可能是最不浪漫的了 |
[50:26] | I suppose if someone were to find me here, | 我猜如果被人发现我在这里 |
[50:28] | it would be one way out of marrying him. | 也算是不用嫁给他的一种方式 |
[50:30] | You cannot possibly be thinking of marrying him. | 你不会真想要嫁给他吧 |
[50:32] | If I am unable to secure another offer, | 如果没有其他人向我求婚 |
[50:34] | there may be no alternative. | 那可能就没得选了 |
[50:36] | Unlike you, I cannot simply declare I do not wish to marry. | 不像你 我没法宣称不想结婚 |
[50:41] | I do not have such a privilege. | 我没有这种特权 |
[50:42] | Yes, I was surprised to learn | 是啊 我很意外 |
[50:44] | you no longer have a line of suitors | 你的追求者竟然没有 |
[50:45] | around every square in London. | 排队排到伦敦 |
[50:47] | I am in no need of your derision, sir. | 我不需要你来嘲笑我 先生 |
[50:49] | I do not mock you. I am being sincere. | 我没有在讽刺你 我是认真的 |
[50:53] | I know of what this Lady Whistledown has written. | 我知道这个微声到夫人写了什么 |
[50:56] | Trust I possess as much contempt for the author as you do. | 相信我 我和你一样鄙视那个作家 |
[50:59] | She’s all but issued a challenge to London’s most ambitious mamas, | 她给伦敦野心勃勃的妈妈们下了一道挑战 |
[51:02] | encouraging, provoking them to– | 鼓励 刺激她们 |
[51:03] | Claim you as their prize? | 把你当成她们的奖品 |
[51:06] | Do not worry, Your Grace. | 别担心 公爵大人 |
[51:08] | I believe such a win | 我猜这种胜利 |
[51:09] | would be promptly forfeited, indeed. | 很快就会被人收入囊中 |
[51:12] | I must go this way. | 我要往那边走了 |
[51:13] | You, through those trees. | 你从那边的树林穿过去 |
[51:15] | Perhaps there is an answer… | 或许有个解决方案 |
[51:18] | to our collective Lady Whistledown issue. | 能处理我们共同的微声到夫人问题 |
[51:41] | We could pretend to form an attachment. | 我们可以假装互相爱慕 |
[51:51] | With you on my arm, | 有你在我旁边 |
[51:52] | the world will believe I’ve finally found my duchess. | 整个世界都会相信我终于找到了公爵夫人 |
[51:57] | Every presumptuous mother in town will leave me alone, | 城里所有放肆的母亲都不会来烦我了 |
[52:00] | and every suitor will be looking at you. | 而所有追求者也都会注视着你 |
[52:06] | You must know men are always interested in a woman | 要知道男人总是会对女人产生兴趣 |
[52:08] | when they believe another, particularly a duke, | 如果他们认为其他人 尤其是一位公爵 |
[52:11] | to be interested as well. | 也对她感兴趣 |
[52:12] | You presume Lady Whistledown– | 你猜测微声到夫人 |
[52:13] | I presume she’ll deem us to be precisely what we are. | 我猜她会信以为真的 |
[52:16] | Me, unavailable. | 我 佳人伴身 |
[52:17] | You… | 而你 |
[52:19] | desirable. | 人人梦寐以求 |
[52:41] | Stare into my eyes. | 看着我的眼睛 |
[52:48] | Here. | 来 |
[52:50] | Closer. | 靠近一点 |
[52:54] | If this is to work, | 要想成功 |
[52:55] | we must appear madly in love. | 我们必须假装真正为爱痴狂 |
[52:58] | – It is an absurd plan. – I find it quite brilliant. | -真是个荒唐的计划 -我觉得还挺高明的 |
[53:01] | Provided you do not wish to marry me, | 只要你不希望嫁给我 |
[53:03] | and I do not wish to marry you, | 而我也不想娶你 |
[53:05] | whatever should you have to lose? | 那你还有什么可损失的呢 |
[53:47] | For those not in attendance at the Vauxhall celebration, | 那些没有参加沃克斯豪尔庆典的人 |
[53:51] | you missed the most remarkable coup of the season. | 你们错过了整个社交季最引人注目的事件 |
[53:55] | It appears Miss Daphne Bridgerton has captured the interest | 达芙妮·布里奇顿小姐似乎吸引了 |
[54:00] | of the newly returned Duke of Hastings. | 最近归来的黑斯廷斯公爵 |
[54:05] | How the young miss | 这位年轻的小姐 |
[54:07] | secured her newfound suitor | 是如何俘获这位新晋追求者的 |
[54:09] | is yet to be determined. | 我们还不得而知 |
[54:12] | Yet, if anyone shall reveal the circumstances of this match, | 然而 若是有人要揭露这次婚配内幕 |
[54:16] | it is I. | 那非我莫属 |
[54:18] | Yours truly… | 你们真挚的 |
[54:20] | Lady Whistledown. | 微声到夫人 |