时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Yo, I thought I was going to see some, like, vaginas. | 不是说看阴道吗 |
[00:18] | I didn’t say she actually painted vaginas. | 我没说她画的是阴道 |
[00:22] | I said | 我是说 |
[00:24] | some of her paintings | 她画的东西 |
[00:25] | looked like vaginas. | 看着像阴道 |
[00:29] | Uh, seriously? | 真的吗 |
[00:31] | Not even close. | 这差的太远了吧 |
[00:34] | Georgia O’Keeffe painted all kinds of stuff. | 乔治亚·欧姬芙能画出任何东西 |
[00:38] | Everyday items, her surroundings. | 她周围的任何事物 |
[00:42] | Some of it evoked an erotic nature. | 有些作品能唤起人的性欲 |
[00:48] | It’s who she was. | 这就是她 |
[00:51] | Not like any vagina I ever saw. | 我见过的阴道没一个长这样的 |
[00:55] | This chick have medical issues? | 她精神正常吗 |
[00:59] | This particular painting– | 这幅画… |
[01:01] | …is of a door. | 是扇门 |
[01:05] | Any other doors we can check out? | 这儿还有其他门可以看看吗 |
[01:07] | Like, real ones or… | 比如真的门… |
[01:13] | You know, I-I-I don’t get it. | 我还是没搞明白 |
[01:16] | Why would anyone paint a picture of a door | 为什么有人会画门 |
[01:19] | over and over again, like, dozens of times? | 还不厌其烦地画那么多次 |
[01:22] | But it wasn’t the same. | 因为都不一样啊 |
[01:24] | Uh, yeah, it was. | 不 那都一样 |
[01:26] | It was the same subject, but it was different every time. | 虽然主题都是门 但作品是在变化的 |
[01:29] | The light was different. | 每次的灯光不同 |
[01:30] | Her mood was different. | 每次画家的心情不同 |
[01:31] | She saw something new every time she painted it. | 她每次作画 都有新的元素 |
[01:34] | And that’s not psycho to you? | 这还不算神经病吗 |
[01:37] | Well, then, why should we do anything more than once? | 照你这说法 那我们为什么要反复做同一件事 |
[01:41] | Should I just smoke this one cigarette? | 那我是不是该只抽这一支烟 |
[01:43] | Maybe we should only have sex once if it’s the same thing. | 或者只做一次爱 |
[01:47] | Whoa, no– | 别 |
[01:49] | Should we just watch one sunset? | 只看得到一次日落吗 |
[01:51] | Or live just one day. | 还是只活一天 |
[01:55] | Because it’s new every time. | 因为每天都是崭新的 |
[01:57] | Each time, it’s a different experience. | 每次都是新的经历 |
[01:58] | Okay, fine. | 好了 行了 |
[02:01] | I guess the cow skull pictures were cool, | 我觉得那幅牛的头骨还好 |
[02:05] | but a door? | 但门的话 |
[02:07] | I will say it again. | 我还是那看法 |
[02:09] | A door. | 一扇门 |
[02:13] | Why not a door? | 门怎么了嘛 |
[02:14] | Sometimes you get fixated on something, | 有时你对事物恋恋不忘 |
[02:16] | and you might not even get why. | 而你却可能不知道为什么 |
[02:19] | You open yourself up and go with the flow, | 你发散思维 顺其自然地展开想象 |
[02:21] | wherever the universe takes you. | 天马行空地想象 |
[02:24] | Okay, so the universe took her to a door, | 好吧 然后她天马行空地想到了门 |
[02:29] | and she got all obsessed with it | 还迷恋上了门 |
[02:31] | and just had to paint it 20 times until it was perfect. | 还强迫自己画了20次 直到它完美无缺 |
[02:36] | No, I wouldn’t say that. Nothing’s perfect. | 我可没这么说 因为人无完人 金无足赤 |
[02:38] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[02:43] | Oh, yeah. | 有的 |
[02:45] | Some things. | 有些事就很完美 |
[03:01] | Oh, that was so sweet, | 真甜蜜 |
[03:02] | I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit. | 不过我刚才呕吐了一点在嘴里 |
[03:06] | You can’t admit just for once that I’m right. | 要你承认一次我是对的就那么难吗 |
[03:09] | Come on. | 有那么难吗 |
[03:10] | That O’Keeffe lady kept trying over and over | 那叫欧姬芙的女人一次又一次地在尝试 |
[03:14] | until that stupid door was perfect. | 直到把那烂门画到最完美 |
[03:18] | No. That door was her home, and she loved it. | 不 那门代表她的家 她对它有感情 |
[03:22] | To me, that’s about making that feeling last. | 对我而言 最重要的就是留住那种感觉 |
[03:59] | All right, here we go. You ready? | 好了 要开始了 准备好了吗 |
[04:06] | Come on, give me a step. Give me one step. | 加油 走一步 一步就好 |
[04:15] | Nope. | 不行 |
[04:16] | Nope, that’s it. Take me up. | 不行 不行 拉我上去 |
[04:18] | You can do this, Hank. | 汉克 你能行的 |
[04:19] | Come on, it’s supposed to hurt. | 加油 痛是正常的 |
[04:21] | Pain is weakness leaving your body. | 要重新走路当然很痛 |
[04:24] | Pain is my foot in your ass, Marie. | 我一脚揣你屁股里才叫痛 玛丽 |
[04:25] | Hey, if you can get your leg up that high, I say go for it. | 要你的脚真能抬那么高 尽管放马过来 |
[04:28] | – Take me up. Take me up. – All right, coffee break. | -拉我上去 上去 -好 休息一下 |
[04:30] | We’re gonna let you rest for a minute, | 休息一分钟 |
[04:31] | and then we’re gonna try it again. | 然后再来一次 |
[04:33] | Never mind about your coffee break. | 不用了 |
[04:34] | Take me up. I’m done. I’m done. | 赶紧拉我上去 疼死我了 我受够了 |
[04:39] | Well, this picked up a very left-off. | 好吧 脱下来吧 |
[04:41] | Come on, Uncle Hank. You can do it. | 加油 汉克叔叔 你能行的 |
[04:44] | How else are you going to get out of here? | 不然你怎么出得了院 |
[04:46] | Don’t you have any friends? | 你就没有朋友吗 |
[04:47] | I mean Jesus, find something better to do. | 天 你就没正事做吗 |
[04:49] | I don’t need everyone staring at me | 我不需要你们看到我被挂在这儿 |
[04:50] | hanging here like a camel’s ball sack. | 像骆驼的驼峰一样 |
[04:53] | Hank, he just wants to be supportive. | 汉克 他只是想给你点鼓励 |
[04:56] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[05:01] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[05:03] | Okay? I’ll be right back. | 好吗 我很快回来 |
[05:06] | You gonna get me out of here sometime today? | 你们打算什么时候把我弄下来 |
[05:11] | Sky– | 斯凯 |
[05:16] | We got our first bill, | 我收到账单了 |
[05:18] | and, you know, if you’re still insistent– | 如果你还坚持… |
[05:20] | I am. | 当然坚持 |
[05:29] | Prepare yourself. | 作好准备 |
[05:37] | They’re gonna start coming in weekly like that, so… | 接下来每周都会有账单 所以 |
[05:41] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[05:42] | You’re sure you can do this? | 你确定你能搞定吗 |
[05:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:25] | I’ll do that. | 我来吧 |
[06:30] | What the hell, man? | 这是干嘛 |
[06:33] | What, I can’t work a scale now? | 现在连量都不让我来了吗 |
[06:37] | This is bullshit. | 这太他妈扯淡了 |
[06:38] | Just say it. | 你就直说了吧 |
[06:40] | Just say the words. | 直说了吧 |
[06:41] | – You think I’m stealing. – Shhh. | -你认为我偷东西 -嘘 |
[06:59] | Walk with who you are. | 走你自己的路 |
[07:02] | That was a phrase my sponsor used to use with me | 我以前的赞助者经常这么对我说 |
[07:05] | back when I first started coming to meetings. | 那还是我刚参加戒毒互助会的时候 |
[07:07] | It’s probably just a different way of saying “Be yourself.” | 这可能是”做你自己”的另一种说法罢了 |
[07:10] | Right? | 对吧 |
[07:13] | But this idea of “Walk” | 但这个”走”法 |
[07:16] | also tells me | 还告诉我 |
[07:17] | that I have to move forward. | 生活还将继续 |
[07:20] | Always good advice, at least for me. | 他总是给我有用的忠告 |
[07:22] | I see we have some new people here at group, | 我看这里来了些新人 |
[07:25] | a couple new faces. | 新面孔 |
[07:27] | Let’s see some hands. | 举个手 |
[07:29] | First time? | 谁是新来的 |
[07:38] | Great. Welcome. | 好的 欢迎 |
[07:40] | Maybe we can go around, introduce ourselves. | 我们可以轮流自我介绍下 |
[07:43] | Say whatever’s on your mind. | 想到什么尽管说 |
[07:45] | How about you? You want to start us off? | 从你开始怎么样 可以吗 |
[07:50] | Yeah. My name is Andrea… and, uh… | 可以 我叫安德里亚 |
[07:59] | We don’t bite. No judgments. | 我们又不会咬人 不会做评判 |
[08:02] | You can be as open and honest as you want to be. | 你可以畅所欲言 |
[08:07] | Honestly, I don’t want to be here. | 老实说 我不想来这 |
[08:14] | All right. Fair enough. | 好吧 够诚实 |
[08:16] | Who else had their hand up? | 还有谁有话要说 |
[08:23] | Hey. ‘Sup? | 你好 |
[08:25] | My name’s Jesse. | 我是杰西 |
[08:28] | Why, hello. | 你好 |
[08:29] | My name is Brandon. | 我叫布兰登 |
[08:32] | And this is, I believe, Peter? | 我想这位是彼得吧 |
[08:35] | Right. I’m Peter. How are you? | 没错 我是彼得 你好 |
[08:46] | Look, I just wanted to give you a heads up. | 知会你们一声 |
[08:49] | It’s gonna get a little slower smuggling product | 偷运毒品的事可能要缓一缓 |
[08:52] | with Grandpa Anus watching every move I make. | 臭老头在监视我的一举一动 |
[08:55] | But don’t worry. I’ll keep it flowing. | 别担心 我会搞定的 |
[08:58] | – Great. – Right on. | -好的 -很好 |
[09:00] | Yeah. | 那好 |
[09:01] | So how’s it selling? | 卖的怎么样 |
[09:04] | Mad volume? | 很好吧 |
[09:05] | Yeah. It’s, uh… | 是的 情况… |
[09:09] | You know, it’s, um… | 你知道的… |
[09:12] | It’s not so good. | 不怎么样 |
[09:14] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:16] | How much have you sold? | 你卖了多少 |
[09:18] | I sold a teenth. | 1.75克 |
[09:19] | One teenth? | 1.75克 |
[09:21] | That’s it? | 就这么点吗 |
[09:23] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:24] | To who? | 卖谁了 |
[09:25] | To him. | 他 |
[09:29] | Look, it’s not so easy selling to these people. | 听着 卖给这些人可不太容易 |
[09:32] | They’re here trying to better themselves. | 他们都是些想改过自新的人 |
[09:34] | Yeah, there’s, like, positivity and stuff going on here. | 肯定是这样的 就这么回事 |
[09:37] | I’m out risking my ass to get product for you two, | 我在外面拼上性命给你们俩搞来毒品 |
[09:41] | and you’re too pussy to sell? | 而你们两个孬种却卖不掉 |
[09:44] | You’re pathetic. | 可怜虫 |
[09:47] | You know what? I want it back. All of it. | 把货都给我 全部都给我 |
[09:50] | I’ll sell it myself. | 我自己卖 |
[09:52] | Come on, man. Don’t be like that. | 得了 伙计 别这样 |
[09:54] | Selling to these people, | 卖毒品给这些人 |
[09:55] | it’s like shooting a baby in the face. | 就像用枪打婴儿 |
[09:57] | It’s not natural. | 太难下手了 |
[09:58] | Yeah, Jesse, it’s not easy like you think. | 没错 杰西 没你想的那么容易 |
[10:00] | I’ll show you exactly how easy it is. | 那我就证明给你们看那有多容易 |
[10:24] | Oh, hey. Sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:25] | No. Go ahead. | 没关系 继续 |
[10:26] | It’s Andrea, right? | 是安德里亚吗 |
[10:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:31] | Hey, um, my name’s Jesse, | 你好 我是杰西 |
[10:33] | and, uh, I don’t really want to be here, either. | 我也不想呆在这里 |
[10:43] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:06] | Aunt Marie’s coming to dinner? | 玛丽姨妈要来吃晚饭吗 |
[11:09] | No. | 她不来 |
[11:11] | Your dad is. | 你爸爸要来 |
[11:18] | How’d you get her to sleep so quick? | 你有什么窍门让她这么快入睡 |
[11:20] | Are you that boring? | 是不是因为你很无聊 |
[11:23] | I’m comforting. | 我让她感到安逸 |
[11:26] | I’m a comforting presence. | 她觉得在我怀里很安逸 |
[11:32] | There we go. | 睡吧 |
[11:34] | Shh, shh. | 乖 |
[11:39] | Hey, so check it out. | 看 |
[11:40] | Huh? | 什么 |
[11:42] | See what that means? | 知道这意味着什么吗 |
[11:44] | Check out the date. | 看看日期 |
[11:46] | Next Thursday is officially six months | 我正式宣布 到下周四 |
[11:48] | that I have had my learner’s, | 我持初学驾照就有半年了 |
[11:51] | which means I can get my provisional | 表示我可以领到临时驾照 |
[11:54] | and start driving by myself. | 可以自己开车了 |
[11:58] | Since when? | 什么时候的事儿 |
[11:59] | You don’t turn 16 for two more months. | 你还有两个月才满十六周岁呢 |
[12:01] | It doesn’t matter. It’s a provisional. | 这是临时的 年龄无所谓 |
[12:03] | Look it up. They changed the law, like, 10 years ago. | 查查 法律修改过了 10年前的事了 |
[12:06] | Oh, yeah? Well, I didn’t vote for that. | 是吗 我当时可没投赞成票 |
[12:08] | Doesn’t matter if you voted for it. | 你投不投票无所谓 |
[12:10] | It’s the law. | 法律就是法律 |
[12:12] | So both of you start thinking | 所以你俩可以开始想想 |
[12:13] | about what kind of car you want to buy me. | 打算给我买辆什么样的车了 |
[12:16] | I think I’d be good with either | 要是有老款IROC跑车或者福特野马 |
[12:18] | an old IROC or a ‘Stang. | 我就满意了 |
[12:21] | Ah, a ‘Stang. | 福特野马啊 |
[12:25] | How about something with playing cards in the spokes? | 车轮辐板上有扑克牌的怎么样 |
[12:28] | Makes a nice motor-y sound, you know? | 可以发出嗤嗤声 |
[12:34] | Aha, dad. You’re not gonna get off that easy. | 要打发我可没那么容易 |
[12:37] | Well, I– I think that this is, um– | 我想这件事… |
[12:41] | We should probably table this discussion for later. | 过会儿再来讨论 |
[12:45] | Your dad and I have a couple things | 你爸爸和我有些事 |
[12:46] | we need to talk about, so– | 要谈 所以… |
[12:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:51] | A 1971 Mach 1 fastback | 1971年款 340马力 快背设计 |
[12:55] | in Grabber Lime | 绿黄色 |
[12:57] | with a shaker hood. | 前盖要带振动系统的 |
[12:59] | ‘Stang. | 福特野马 |
[13:01] | I want to write that down so I don’t forget. | 我要写下来免得忘了 |
[13:03] | Oh, darn it. No pencil! | 郁闷 没笔 |
[13:31] | What is Ice Station Zebra Associates? | 北极斑马科考站合作人是怎么回事 |
[13:36] | It’s a loan-out. It’s fine. | 是外贷 没问题的 |
[13:40] | Whose loan-out? | 外贷给谁 |
[13:42] | It’s fine. Really. | 没事的 真的 |
[13:46] | I…have a guy. | 我有个熟人 |
[13:49] | Okay. | 那 |
[13:51] | Um, does your guy know | 你的熟人知道 |
[13:54] | the tax code and regulations in New Mexico? | 新墨西哥州的所得税的法律法规吗 |
[13:57] | ‘Cause there’s very specific paperwork | 因为这笔钱每季度都要查 |
[13:59] | that has to be submitted quarterly on this. | 而且还要明细上报 |
[14:01] | Yes. My guy is a top…guy. | 他知道 我这个熟人是个…行家 |
[14:05] | Who is he? | 他是谁 |
[14:06] | Uh. What’s his name? | 叫什么名字 |
[14:07] | What are his qualifications? | 他够格吗 |
[14:08] | Walt, | 沃尔特 |
[14:09] | this money has to be unimpeachable | 这笔钱到汉克和玛丽手里时 |
[14:14] | when it reaches Hank and Marie. | 必须是正当的 |
[14:17] | And it is. It will be. | 这笔钱是正当的 现在是将来也是 |
[14:19] | But how do I know that? | 可你叫我怎么放心 |
[14:21] | I mean, apparently, you can’t even tell me the man’s name. | 你连这个人的名字都不能告诉我 |
[14:23] | Oh. Jesus. | 老天 |
[14:24] | Skyler, do you really want to know? | 斯凯勒 你真的想知道吗 |
[14:27] | I mean, do you really want to know? | 我是说 当真想知道吗 |
[14:33] | Really? | 真想吗 |
[15:06] | Hello. Welcome. | 你们好 欢迎 |
[15:09] | What a pleasure it is to have you. | 很荣幸见到你 |
[15:11] | I’m just gonna call you Skyler, if that’s okay. | 可以的话 我就叫你斯凯勒了 |
[15:13] | It’s a lovely name. | 名字很可爱 |
[15:14] | Reminds me of a big beautiful sky. | 让我想起晴空万里 |
[15:18] | Walt never told me how lucky he was– | 沃尔特从没告诉过我他有多幸运 |
[15:20] | prior to recent unfortunate events. | 当然 最近发生了点小意外 |
[15:23] | Clearly, his taste in women | 显然 他选女人 |
[15:24] | is the same as his taste in lawyers– | 和选律师是同样的品味 |
[15:26] | only the very best | 只选最好的 |
[15:28] | with just the right amount of dirty. | 同时也是有点肮脏的 |
[15:32] | That’s a joke. | 开玩笑呢 |
[15:33] | That’s a joke. | 开玩笑呢 |
[15:36] | It’s funny because you are so clearly very classy. | 挺有趣 因为很显然 你的格调很高 |
[15:38] | Here. Please, sit down. | 来吧 请坐 |
[15:41] | So Walt tells me | 沃尔特告诉我 |
[15:43] | that you have some concerns I can alleviate. | 我可以帮你消除一些顾虑 |
[15:46] | Uh, yes, I do. I have… | 是的 我有 |
[15:50] | concerns. | 顾虑 |
[15:52] | If we’re going to go down this road, | 如果我们要继续这么下去 |
[15:55] | and clearly we are for the sake of my brother-in-law. | 当然 是为了我的妹夫着想 |
[15:59] | I’ve heard about him. | 我听说了他的事 |
[16:00] | He’s an American hero. | 他是真英雄 |
[16:04] | At any rate, I need some assurances | 至少 我需要一些保证 |
[16:07] | that we’re gonna go about this in a manner | 确保我们所办之事是 |
[16:09] | that is extremely safe and cautious. | 安全谨慎的 |
[16:11] | Fair enough. I’ll walk you through the process. | 可以理解 我来给你梳理一遍程序 |
[16:15] | First step is something | 第一步 |
[16:16] | we like to call money laundering, all right? | 我们把它叫做洗钱 |
[16:19] | Take your money, represented by, say, these jelly beans. | 我们拿了你们的钱 就用这些豆粒糖来代表 |
[16:23] | – You know, I’m a bookkeeper– – Then I– | -我是会计 -然后… |
[16:25] | …so I actually know what money laundering is. | 所以我知道什么是洗钱 |
[16:30] | – Well… – Yeah. | -好吧 -没错 |
[16:32] | And, as with most things, | 正如大部分事情一样 |
[16:34] | the devil is in the details. | 细节决定成败 |
[16:36] | So to begin with, | 我首先要知道 |
[16:38] | what are we saying is the source of this money? | 这笔钱的来路 我们要怎么说 |
[16:41] | That’s simple. | 这很简单 |
[16:42] | Walt here actually came up with a great story | 沃尔特编了个很好的故事 |
[16:45] | about gambling winnings. | 说是赌赢的钱 |
[16:47] | Blackjack, right? Some card counting? | 21点 对吧 算牌 |
[16:49] | Well, actually, that was Skyler’s idea. | 其实 这是斯凯勒的主意 |
[16:52] | Well, | 好吧 |
[16:55] | you grow more gorgeous by the minute. | 你真是越来越魅力四射了 |
[16:57] | Well, there you have it. | 那么就是这样 |
[16:59] | I’ll generate false currency transaction reports out the wazoo. | 我会伪造大量的现金转帐记录 |
[17:03] | as well as the necessary W-2Gs. | 这与填写赌博所得收入的表格同等重要 |
[17:06] | I know a couple casino managers | 我认识几个赌场经理 |
[17:08] | who will jump at the chance to report false losses. | 他们会抓住机会上报伪造的亏损 |
[17:11] | It’s a win-win for everyone. | 这是双赢的局面 |
[17:13] | Yeah, but you can’t sell that for very long. | 是可以这样 但可不是长久之计 |
[17:16] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Way ahead of you. | 没错 我早想到了 |
[17:18] | We declare just enough so as not to arouse suspicion, | 我们部分申报纳税到不引起怀疑就够了 |
[17:22] | then Walt’s one-time winnings become seed money | 然后沃尔特赢得这笔钱就成了 |
[17:25] | for an investment. | 一项投资的本钱 |
[17:27] | Investment in what? | 投资什么 |
[17:28] | Drum roll please. Wait for it. | 隆重的时刻到来 听我告诉你 |
[17:30] | Laser tag. | 激光枪战游戏 |
[17:34] | Laser tag. | 激光枪战游戏 |
[17:35] | 7,000 square feet of rollicking fun | 7000平方英尺的游乐场 |
[17:38] | in the heart of northern Bernlillo County. | 开在伯纳利欧县北部中心地带 |
[17:41] | Laser tag? | 激光枪战游戏 |
[17:43] | Yeah. There’s guns and glow lights and– | 是啊 枪枝弹药 火光大炮 |
[17:46] | Kids wear the vests, | 穿着防弹背心的小孩儿 |
[17:48] | and they have to split into teams– | 互相组队… |
[17:49] | Right. No, actually, I know what it is. | 我知道那是什么 |
[17:51] | It’s just that in relation to Walt, it’s– | 只是把这与沃尔特联系起来 |
[17:54] | I mean, it doesn’t make any sense. | 不太靠谱 |
[17:57] | It makes more sense than you two being together. | 这比说你们俩是一对儿靠谱多了 |
[18:00] | I’m still trying to figure out how that happened. | 我始终想不通你俩是怎么走到一起的 |
[18:02] | Do you even know Walt? I mean… | 你很了解沃尔特吗 |
[18:04] | how would he of all people buy a laser tag business? | 他怎么可能做起激光枪战游戏这种生意 |
[18:07] | It doesn’t add up. | 和他身份不符 |
[18:09] | It adds up perfectly. Walt’s a scientist. | 和他身份正合适 沃尔特是科学家 |
[18:11] | Scientists love lasers. | 科学家喜欢激光 |
[18:14] | Plus they got bumper boats, so– | 况且还有碰碰船呢 |
[18:16] | Hey, everybody. | 嘿 大伙儿知道吗 |
[18:18] | Walt suddenly decided to invest in laser tag. | 沃尔特突然决定投资激光枪战游戏了 |
[18:21] | Just out of the blue. | 纯粹是异想天开 |
[18:23] | Really? That’s what we’re supposed to tell people, | 像这样吗 我们就这样告诉别人 |
[18:26] | our family, our friends, the government? | 我们的家人 朋友 政府 |
[18:29] | Let me bottom line this for you. | 我来给你明确一下 |
[18:31] | You don’t need to be involved. | 你不必牵涉其中 |
[18:33] | Because I’ve been doing this for a lot of years– | 因为我干这行已经好多年了 |
[18:36] | successfully, believe it or not– | 没有你的帮助 我也很成功 |
[18:38] | without your help. | 信不信由你 |
[18:41] | So thank you for stopping by. | 感谢两位前来 |
[19:02] | You want a beer or something? | 要来瓶啤酒还是别的 |
[19:05] | Or something. | 别的 |
[19:07] | What do you mean? | 你有什么别的 |
[19:10] | Like beer. | 比如啤酒 |
[19:13] | I’m clean out of anything else. | 我戒了毒 没别的了 |
[19:17] | Even if I wasn’t, we’re not supposed to. | 即使我有别的 我们也不该吸 |
[19:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:23] | I’ve heard it over | 我听这话已经一遍 |
[19:25] | and over | 一遍 |
[19:27] | and over again. | 又一遍了 |
[19:32] | You know, don’t you think it’s ridiculous | 你觉不觉得很荒谬 |
[19:34] | that society says beer is okay | 这个社会允许我们喝啤酒 |
[19:38] | and a little hit of something sweet is wrong? | 来点劲爆的就不行 |
[19:43] | I mean… | 我是指 |
[19:45] | what’s the point of shutting yourself off completely | 为什么要忍着不吸那些 |
[19:47] | from something that lifts you off the ground? | 能让人飘飘欲仙的东西 |
[19:55] | I spend so much energy | 我花了很大的精力 |
[19:58] | fighting the urge not to use, | 压制自己想吸的欲望 |
[20:03] | and I feel like crap because of it. | 但感觉很糟 |
[20:09] | I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[20:12] | What? | 什么 |
[20:15] | I can’t get caught using again. | 我不能再被发现复吸 |
[20:23] | See, the thing is… not to get caught. | 那别被抓住就行了 |
[20:32] | You ever try that blue stuff that’s going around? | 你试过那个蓝色的货吗 |
[20:38] | Just a little gas in the tank, | 小吸一口 |
[20:40] | and suddenly… | 一瞬间 |
[20:44] | everything is interesting. | 一切变得无与伦比 |
[20:49] | Man, I wish I can make that feeling last. | 我多希望这种感觉可以一直持续下去 |
[20:56] | Like I said, I got nothing here. | 我刚说了 这儿什么都没有 |
[21:02] | What if I could get some? | 要是我能弄点儿来呢 |
[21:13] | Mommy! Mommy! | 妈咪 妈咪 |
[21:14] | Hey, B! | 嘿 小布 |
[21:15] | Oh, your nana brought you home early. | 奶奶早早儿把你领回来了 |
[21:20] | Grandma, I thought you were keeping Brock today. | 奶奶 我以为今天布鲁克去你那儿 |
[21:23] | I was. Then I saw your car. | 是的 但我看见你的车 |
[21:26] | I thought you had a meeting. | 你不是去戒毒互助会了吗 |
[21:28] | I did, but we changed the time. | 对 改时间了 |
[21:31] | Grandma, this is Jesse. | 外婆 这是杰西 |
[21:33] | He’s from the meeting. | 互助会的成员 |
[21:34] | He’s like a sponsor. | 算是发起者 |
[21:36] | Jesse, this is Grandma. | 杰西 这是外婆 |
[21:54] | Jesse, this is Brock. | 杰西 这是布鲁克 |
[21:58] | So, you, uh… | 这么说 你… |
[22:00] | You have a kid, huh? | 你有孩子 |
[22:02] | What’s up? | 你好吗 |
[22:04] | Brock, huh? | 布鲁克是吗 |
[22:07] | That’s a cool name. | 这名字真酷 |
[22:10] | Here. Give it up. | 来 击掌 |
[22:23] | Brock is almost 6. | 布鲁克快满6岁了 |
[22:25] | You okay with kids? | 你不讨厌孩子吧 |
[22:27] | What? Yeah, he’s cool. | 啥 不 他挺好的 |
[22:32] | Okay, Brock is gonna go play in his room | 好 我们大人说话 |
[22:34] | while the big people talk. | 布鲁克回房间去玩 |
[22:36] | He’s gonna go play with his Legos and his cars | 去玩乐高积木和小汽车 |
[22:39] | – Say “Bye, Jesse.” – Bye, Jesse. | -说”杰西再见” -杰西再见 |
[22:53] | Safe and cautious, that’s all I’m asking, | 我所要求的 不过是谨慎安全 |
[22:55] | and that man is neither. | 那个人却完全不靠谱 |
[22:59] | I’ll admit, he comes across like a circus clown. | 我承认 他看起来就像个小丑 |
[23:04] | But he actually knows what he’s doing. | 但他知道自己在做什么 |
[23:05] | Safe and cautious is you | 你完全不要牵连进来 |
[23:07] | not being involved in this at all. | 这才是谨慎安全 |
[23:09] | Well, it’s a little late on that. | 那可有点来不及了 |
[23:11] | This is what happens when you decide | 你用制毒赚的钱付家里账单开始 |
[23:13] | to pay our bills with drug money. | 我已是共犯 |
[23:20] | Skyler, this isn’t just about what happened before. | 斯凯勒 这事涉及的不止是之前的事情 |
[23:28] | My involvement in this is ongoing. | 我现在正越陷越深 |
[23:34] | Understand? | 你明白吗 |
[23:37] | I can’t just quit. | 没有回头路可走了 |
[23:41] | I have something of a contract. | 我签了某种算得上合同的东西 |
[23:44] | It’s all very safe and professional and structured. | 非常安全 专业 组织严密 |
[23:50] | I can’t simply quit. | 我不可能轻易脱身 |
[24:02] | Where are you going? | 你往哪儿开 |
[24:19] | If you’re gonna launder money, Walt, | 沃尔特 如果你一定要洗钱 |
[24:22] | at least do it right. | 至少得选对方式 |
[24:44] | You worked here four years. | 你在这里工作过4年 |
[24:46] | It’s a business you understand. | 了解这个行业 |
[24:48] | It’s a story people will believe. | 人们会相信 |
[24:50] | Not laser tag. This. | 激光枪战不靠谱 这个靠谱 |
[24:53] | This is what we buy. | 这才是我们该买的 |
[24:57] | You. | 你 |
[25:00] | This is what you buy. | 这才是你该买的 |
[25:32] | Hey, uh, Jesse, right? | 杰西是吧 |
[25:36] | Brandon. Peter. | 布兰登 彼得 |
[25:38] | How goes it? Hanging in there? | 最近怎么样 混得还成 |
[25:39] | Please, just… Dumb ass. | 得了省省吧 蠢猪 |
[25:43] | Sorry, man. I was trying to keep it on the DL. | 不好意思伙计 我是想打打掩护 |
[25:46] | So you and that girl, you do the deed yet? | 你和那个妞 搞成了吗 |
[25:51] | Do what? | 搞什么 |
[25:52] | You know, sell to her. | 你知道的 就是把货卖给她 |
[25:58] | What are you two even doing here? | 你们两个跑来干嘛 |
[26:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[26:03] | You can’t get your nut up to sell. | 既然你们没本事把货卖出去 |
[26:06] | What’s the point of even coming? | 还跑来干嘛 |
[26:08] | Homie, I’m on, like, step 5. | 老兄 我已经进行到第五步了 |
[26:10] | Deuce, yo. | 我也是 |
[26:12] | I’m catching up. | 我正迎头赶上呢 |
[26:19] | Whatever. | 随你们便吧 |
[26:21] | Later. | 回见 |
[26:27] | Dude needs to come into the fold. | 哥们得赶紧了 |
[26:32] | Yep. | 就是 |
[26:34] | Oh, you know what, | 知道吗 |
[26:36] | I have magical powers. | 我可有超能力哦 |
[26:39] | You want to see? | 要不要看 |
[26:43] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[26:47] | That’s not real. | 不是真的 |
[26:48] | It is real. | 是真的 |
[26:50] | All right, do you want to see something that’s real? | 你要看真的吗 |
[26:52] | Look at this. Watch this. | 看这个 瞧仔细了 |
[26:55] | Ready? | 准备好了 |
[27:02] | You like that? | 喜欢吗 |
[27:04] | That’s science and stuff. Makes it do that. | 这叫科学 科学规律使然 |
[27:09] | Do it again. | 再来一次 |
[27:10] | Let Jesse eat his dinner, Brock. | 让杰西吃饭吧 布鲁克 |
[27:12] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[27:13] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[27:14] | Want to see it again? | 要再看一遍吗 |
[27:15] | Could you do a trick with firecrackers? | 你会用鞭炮变戏法吗 |
[27:18] | Firecrackers. | 鞭炮 |
[27:20] | You know, I don’t have any firecrackers on me. | 这个 我身上没带鞭炮 |
[27:24] | Who does tricks with firecrackers? | 谁会用鞭炮变戏法 |
[27:25] | Tomás | 托马斯 |
[27:27] | Tomás does tricks with firecrackers, huh? | 托马斯会用鞭炮变戏法 |
[27:30] | Who’s Tomás? | 托马斯是谁 |
[27:32] | He’s my kid brother. | 我家小弟 |
[27:33] | Yeah? | 是嘛 |
[27:35] | And we don’t talk about him. | 我们不怎么提他 |
[27:37] | Come on. Eat your food, Brock. | 乖 吃饭吧 布鲁克 |
[27:43] | Can I have a chip? | 我可以吃根薯条吗 |
[27:44] | I’m gonna steal your chip. | 我要偷你的薯条了 |
[27:46] | Hey, that’s mine. | 嘿 那是我的 |
[27:50] | That’s it? That’s what you want to buy? | 就这个吗 这就是你要买的产业 |
[27:52] | People will believe it at least. | 这个至少比较可信 |
[27:55] | I worked here for four years. | 我在这里工作过4年 |
[27:57] | Wax on, wax off. Was that you? | 打蜡 去蜡 这是你干的吗 |
[27:59] | Hey, how come you guys always get with the air freshener, huh? | 为什么你们总给车里喷空气清新剂呢 |
[28:03] | I explicitly say I want no air freshener, | 我特地嘱咐说不要喷空气清新剂 |
[28:05] | and every time I drive away | 每次来取车的时候 |
[28:07] | smelling like an Alpine whore house. | 车里都香得跟妓院似的 |
[28:11] | All due respect, I don’t see it. So I vote, I vote no. | 无意冒犯 我看不出哪里好 所以不行 |
[28:14] | Makes a better story than your laser tag. | 比你那激光枪战靠谱一些 |
[28:17] | Is that you talking or Yoko Ono? | 这是你的意思还是你家那位的主意 |
[28:20] | She has a point. | 她说的有道理 |
[28:22] | It makes more sense that I invest right here. | 我投资这里更说得通 |
[28:25] | Based on her years of experience in money laundering, I suppose. | 说得好像她洗了很多年的钱一样 |
[28:29] | Let me tell you something. | 我告诉你吧 |
[28:31] | If you’re committed enough, you can make any story work. | 只要功夫深 什么故事都能真 |
[28:33] | I once convinced a woman that I was Kevin Costner. | 我曾让一个女人相信我就是凯文·科斯纳 |
[28:36] | And it worked because I believed it. | 诀窍就是自己要深信不疑 |
[28:39] | It has nothing to do with the story. | 跟故事好不好没关系 |
[28:42] | Besides, this dump isn’t gonna work | 另外 这破地方压根不成 |
[28:44] | because it doesn’t have a Danny. | 因为这里没有丹尼 |
[28:46] | Okay? There’s no Danny here. | 懂吗 这里没有丹尼 |
[28:49] | What in God’s name is a Danny? | 这个他妈的丹尼是谁 |
[28:51] | Danny runs the laser tag. | 丹尼是激光枪战游乐场的老板 |
[28:54] | Danny is the guy who had a vision. | 他是个眼光独特的人 |
[28:56] | Where others saw a dirt lot, | 别人只看到一堆破烂 |
[28:58] | he saw black lights, rubber aliens, | 他却能看到黑光灯 塑胶外星人 |
[29:01] | teenagers running around with ray guns, right? | 青少年拿着激光枪跑来跑去 懂吗 |
[29:03] | It was like Bugsy Siegel in the desert. | 就像沙漠里的毕斯·西格尔[美国黑帮老大] |
[29:06] | And when the stock market took a shit and Danny got into trouble, | 股票崩盘以后 丹尼有麻烦了 |
[29:09] | he went searching for exactly the type of situation | 他就开始寻找我们这种 |
[29:12] | that we’re offering. | 合作伙伴 |
[29:13] | Danny will look the other way to keep his dream afloat. | 丹尼是懂得变通 从而实现梦想的人 |
[29:17] | In other words, Danny can be trusted completely. | 换句话说 丹尼完全可以信任 |
[29:21] | That guy… the guy with the eyebrows that won’t quit… | 那家伙 看眉毛就是个直肠子 |
[29:25] | is he a Danny? | 能做丹尼吗 |
[29:27] | You buy this place, | 你买下这地方 |
[29:29] | all you got is a big building that squirts water. | 就是一幢会喷水的大楼 |
[29:32] | You got no Danny here. | 这里没有丹尼 |
[29:46] | You want to stay for dinner? | 想留下吃晚饭吗 |
[29:49] | Yeah. | 想 |
[29:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:53] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[29:57] | Early still. | 还早呢 |
[30:02] | So… | 那么 |
[30:06] | What? | 什么 |
[30:09] | I thought maybe, | 我在想 |
[30:11] | if you’re holding, | 如果你不走的话 |
[30:13] | we can do something. | 我们或许可以做点什么 |
[30:16] | What? | 做什么 |
[30:18] | You know, that blue stuff you were talking about? | 就是 之前你提到的蓝色的那货 |
[30:22] | Maybe you had a line on some. | 或许你手头有点 |
[30:24] | Wait. Whoa. What? | 等等 你说什么 |
[30:29] | I thought you said the kid is coming home. | 你不是说孩子快回来了吗 |
[30:32] | Yeah, in a few hours. | 没错 不是还有几个小时吗 |
[30:35] | And you seriously want to get high? | 所以你真的想嗑药 |
[30:37] | I don’t know what you’re getting so pissed about. | 我不明白你为什么这样生气 |
[30:41] | You’re the one who brought it up the other day. | 那天是你先提起来的 |
[30:43] | Yeah, that was before I found out you got a kid. | 的确 但那是我知道你有孩子之前的事 |
[30:47] | What kind of mother are you? | 你算哪门子母亲 |
[30:49] | What? | 什么 |
[30:51] | You heard me. What kind of mom gets wasted | 你听见了 孩子要你照顾 你却嗑药鬼混 |
[30:53] | with a little kid to take care of? | 你算哪门子母亲 |
[30:59] | Nobody can say I don’t take care of my son. | 谁也没资格说我没好好照顾我儿子 |
[31:02] | You gonna come in my house and judge me? | 你还跑我家来批判我吗 |
[31:05] | Like you got no responsibility, | 你是不是觉得你自己无牵无挂 |
[31:06] | so it’s okay for you to get high. | 所以可以随便嗑药 |
[31:08] | – Look, I… – What do you know about me? | -听着 我 -你了解我多少 |
[31:09] | I take care of my baby. | 我的孩子 我知道照顾 |
[31:11] | I’ll do anything for him. | 我愿意为他做任何事情 |
[31:12] | The day Brock was born, I swore… | 布鲁克出生的那天 我发过誓 |
[31:17] | I won’t let what happened to Tomás happen to my son. | 绝不会让我儿子重蹈托马斯的覆辙 |
[31:21] | I’ll die first. | 除非我死 |
[31:24] | Sorry. I… | 对不起 我… |
[31:28] | I just… | 我只是 |
[31:34] | Look, I’ll get out of here if you want. | 如果你想我离开 我马上就走 |
[31:37] | That’s what you want to do, then go. | 你要想走 那就走吧 |
[31:39] | It’s not what I want. | 我不想走 |
[31:41] | Look, I was out of line talking about that stuff. | 听着 我的话太过分了 |
[31:56] | We both were. | 我俩都有错 |
[32:01] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[32:03] | I don’t know what you’ve been through. | 我不知道你经历过什么 |
[32:07] | Yo can tell me if you want. | 如果你愿意 可以告诉我 |
[32:13] | This whole neighborhood is run by gangs. | 整个街坊都被黑帮控制着 |
[32:16] | They run the drugs, control the streets. | 他们贩毒 控制街道 |
[32:22] | And they sort of took Tomás in. | 他们把托马斯拉进去了 |
[32:27] | No dad around. 8 years old, they got Tomás slinging. | 托马斯当时8岁 没父亲看管 跟他们学坏了 |
[32:36] | Part of some crew. | 加入了某个帮派 |
[32:39] | Then, when he was 10… | 到他十岁的时候 |
[32:43] | for some initiation or something… | 为了什么入会仪式 |
[32:48] | they made him kill somebody. | 要他去杀个人 |
[32:53] | I heard the rumors. I didn’t believe it at first. | 我一开始听到传言并不相信 |
[33:00] | But then I saw him, like, a week later. | 但一个礼拜后我遇到他 |
[33:05] | He told me, yeah, he did it. | 他告诉我传言是真的 |
[33:11] | They gave Tomás a gun. | 他们给了他把枪 |
[33:14] | Gave him a choice. | 让他选 |
[33:17] | Him or some dude. | 自杀还是杀别人 |
[33:21] | So he did it. | 所以他选择杀别人 |
[33:24] | Told me all about it like it was nothing. | 他说得轻描淡写的 |
[33:28] | Who did he say he killed? | 他有说他杀了谁吗 |
[33:31] | Some dealer…from some outside crew. | 一个其他组织的毒贩吧 |
[33:38] | Right around the corner from here, | 就在那边的街角 |
[33:40] | over off the Central. | 中心再过去一点的地方 |
[33:45] | Just rode up on his bike and shot him. | 他就骑着他的脚踏车然后开枪杀了他 |
[33:52] | Off the Central? | 中心再过去一点吗 |
[33:56] | Like, over by the train tracks? | 你是说铁轨那边吗 |
[34:01] | When was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[34:04] | A few months back. | 几个月前吧 |
[34:10] | What else did he tell you? | 他还说什么了 |
[34:17] | He shot the guy right through the neck. | 他开枪射穿了那人的脖子 |
[34:21] | Shot him dead. | 那人当场就死了 |
[34:26] | Just because he was working the wrong corner. | 就因为他在别人的地盘贩毒 |
[34:35] | It won’t happen again. Not to my son. | 这种事绝不能再在我儿子身上发生 |
[34:58] | Guess what. | 你猜怎样 |
[35:02] | People who say “Guess what” | 当人们说”猜”的时候 |
[35:03] | and then actually expect you to guess– | 他们确实想要你去猜 |
[35:06] | I hate those people. | 我讨厌这种人 |
[35:08] | Well, I just heard | 好吧 我刚听说 |
[35:10] | about a certain patient named Schrader-comma-Hank | 一个叫做汉克·施拉德的病人 |
[35:14] | who is going to be released at the end of this week. | 这周末就可以出院了 |
[35:19] | Isn’t that fantastic? | 开心吗 |
[35:22] | Are they planning on rolling me out the front door at least, | 他们终于打算让我出院了 |
[35:25] | or they’ll put me on a greased plank | 是不是打算在窗户边架个木板 |
[35:27] | and, uh, slide me out the window? | 好让我滑下去 |
[35:30] | Listen, I don’t care | 听着 我才不管 |
[35:31] | what any damned insurance company thinks. | 那些该死的保险公司说什么 |
[35:34] | I’m not leaving here until I’m well. | 我痊愈之前绝不离开这里 |
[35:36] | Hank, this isn’t about insurance. | 汉克 这不关保险的事儿 |
[35:39] | I’ve talked to everybody, and they all say | 我和医生们都谈过了 |
[35:41] | that you are healthy enough to go home. | 他们都说你复原得不错 可以回家了 |
[35:43] | Oh, I’m healthy enough, huh? Yeah. | 我康复的不错 是吗 |
[35:45] | Hank, you get stronger every day. | 汉克 你的状况一天比一天好了 |
[35:47] | You don’t need to be in a hospital. | 不需要再待在医院里了 |
[35:49] | In this condition, yeah, I do. | 就现在这状况 我宁愿待在医院里 |
[35:53] | You’ll be just as comfortable at home as you are here. | 你回家会跟在这里一样舒服的 |
[35:56] | You’ll have all the same equipment– | 这儿有的设备家里都有… |
[35:57] | All the same equipment? What– | 家里都有 什么意思 |
[35:59] | – The equipment– …- Does that mean? | -所以你在这 -你的意思是 |
[36:01] | …that you have here that you need. | 你用得到的东西 家里都有 |
[36:02] | Short term. | 只是暂时的 |
[36:03] | You’ll do your PT at home, | 你可以在家做体能训练 |
[36:06] | and it’ll be great because you’ll be home. | 这很好 不是吗 毕竟在家里 |
[36:10] | Wait till you see the bedroom. | 还有卧室 |
[36:12] | I had them move the plasma in. | 我叫他们把等离子电视也搬过来了 |
[36:14] | I know that’s how you always wanted it, | 我知道你一直想要那东西 |
[36:16] | and you only had to get shot to get it, right? | 所以你才故意中枪来医院的 对吧 |
[36:18] | I got you a new bed. | 我还给你买了张新床 |
[36:21] | A hospital bed? | 病床吗 |
[36:22] | Well– | 是啊 |
[36:24] | You put a hospital bed in my bedroom? | 你在我卧室里放了张病床吗 |
[36:27] | Hank, you’ll be home. | 汉克 这样你就能回家了 |
[36:31] | You get that out of my house. | 你给我把那东西扔掉 |
[36:34] | You hear me, Marie? | 听到了吗 玛丽 |
[36:36] | Today. | 今天就扔掉 |
[36:37] | Hank– | 汉克 |
[36:39] | I leave this hospital | 等我能走的时候 |
[36:41] | when I walk out of here, you understand? | 我才出院 你明白了吗 |
[36:46] | And not before. | 在此之前 绝对不走 |
[36:51] | What’s a Danny? | 丹尼是什么人 |
[36:54] | Danny is an accomplice, someone who’s in on the scheme, | 丹尼是帮我们洗钱的人 |
[36:58] | who knows about laundering, | 他知道怎么洗钱 |
[37:00] | who’s paid to look the other way. | 我们付钱给他 帮我们另谋出路洗钱 |
[37:04] | Now, while I agree with you | 虽然我同意你的说法 |
[37:06] | that laser tag is a hard sell, | 激光枪战游乐场的确不是好主意 |
[37:08] | without a Danny, | 但如果没那人帮忙 |
[37:10] | the car wash isn’t really an option. | 洗车场的事也是做不成的 |
[37:12] | And he can’t get you another Danny | 他没法再给你找个丹尼 |
[37:16] | to run the car wash? | 来打理洗车场吗 |
[37:17] | Easier said than done, | 说起来简单 |
[37:20] | if we’re looking for someone trustworthy. | 但想找个可信的人是很难的 |
[37:36] | What about me? | 我怎么样 |
[37:41] | What about you? | 什么你怎么样 |
[37:43] | Me. | 我来 |
[37:47] | I’ll be the Danny. | 我来帮你洗钱 |
[37:48] | No. No. No, Skyler. That is not a good idea. | 不 不 斯凯勒 这不是个好主意 |
[37:52] | I’m perfectly capable of managing a small business. | 我完全有能力来管理这种小生意 |
[37:54] | A legal business, not this. | 那也得是合法生意 不是这种生意 |
[37:56] | Who else could we trust? | 那我们还能相信谁 |
[37:58] | – No. – Walt. | -不行 -沃尔特 |
[38:00] | I’m in this. | 我已经被牵扯进来了 |
[38:02] | And if I’m in it, I’m going to do it right. | 所以我来做 就可以万无一失了 |
[38:05] | You are not in this. You are not– | 你没有 这和你无关 |
[38:07] | We’re married. How am I not in this? | 咱俩是夫妻 怎么会无关 |
[38:09] | We are not married, Skyler. We’re divorced. | 我们不是夫妻 斯凯勒 我们离婚了 |
[38:21] | Right? | 对吗 |
[38:25] | I never actually got around to filing the papers. | 其实我还没来得及提交离婚协议书 |
[38:34] | Married couples can’t be compelled to testify against one another. | 夫妻不能被强迫出庭指证对方的 |
[38:41] | So there’s that. | 所以就这么定了 |
[39:07] | Jesse! | 杰西 |
[39:10] | Jesse. | 杰西 |
[39:12] | Respirator. | 戴上防毒面具 |
[39:15] | Right. | 好吧 |
[39:37] | Yes? | 喂 |
[39:46] | Yes. | 好的 |
[39:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:51] | I’ll be there. | 我会去的 |
[39:55] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[39:59] | An invitation. | 他邀请我去他家 |
[40:20] | Ah. Walter. You’re right on time. | 你来得正是时候 |
[40:23] | Please, come in. | 请进 |
[40:33] | I hope you like paila marina. | 希望你喜欢海鲜汤锅[西] |
[40:36] | It’s a fancy name for fish stew. | 这是炖鱼比较好听的叫法 |
[40:40] | It sounds like a cliché, | 听来很老套 |
[40:42] | but indeed, it’s just like my mother used to make it. | 但我母亲过去常常做这道菜 |
[40:49] | Come on. You can help me cook. | 来吧 给我打下手 |
[40:54] | This is a Chilean dish | 这是智利菜 |
[40:58] | that I love, | 我很喜欢 |
[41:00] | but I never get to make it. | 但一直没机会做 |
[41:03] | The kids won’t eat it. | 因为孩子们不喜欢吃 |
[41:06] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[41:08] | you know how that is. | 你明白的 |
[41:12] | Sure. | 当然 |
[41:16] | Do you mind? | 来帮个忙怎样 |
[41:19] | Would you slice the garlic? | 把大蒜切一下 |
[41:24] | Very thin. | 切薄一点 |
[41:34] | Why did you invite me here? | 你邀我来所为何事 |
[41:37] | We’re working together. | 我们是生意伙伴 |
[41:40] | Why not break bread together? | 一起吃顿饭很正常吧 |
[41:44] | Now the garlic. | 切大蒜吧 |
[42:04] | It always amazes me the way the senses work | 人的感官与回忆之间的联系 |
[42:06] | in connection to memory. | 太神奇了 |
[42:08] | I mean, this stew is simply an amalgam of ingredients. | 我是说 炖鱼只是一锅大杂烩 |
[42:12] | Taken separately, | 如果把材料分开的话 |
[42:13] | these ingredients alone don’t remind me of anything. | 不会让我回忆起任何事 |
[42:17] | Not very much at all. | 基本上不会 |
[42:18] | But, in this precise combination, | 但一旦按这样混合起来 |
[42:22] | the smell of this meal instantly– | 这味道就立即 |
[42:25] | it brings me back to my childhood. | 让我想起了我的童年时光 |
[42:27] | How is that possible? | 真是太奇妙了 |
[42:30] | Basically, it all takes place in the hippocampus. | 大体上说 这过程发生在大脑的海马区 |
[42:34] | Neural connections are formed. | 形成了神经连接 |
[42:38] | The senses make the neurons express signals | 外界感应让神经中枢发出信号 |
[42:43] | that go right back to the same part of the brain as before, | 信号传送到了大脑的之前的同一个地方 |
[42:48] | where memory is stored. | 那个地方储存着人的记忆 |
[42:51] | That’s, uh, something called relational memory. | 被称为关联记忆 |
[43:00] | don’t quote me on that. | 别继续问我了 |
[43:01] | I– I’m rusty on my biology. | 我的生物学已经忘得差不多了 |
[43:05] | That’s very interesting. | 很有意思 |
[43:10] | Walter, | 沃尔特 |
[43:13] | I would like to help you, if I could. | 如果可以的话 我非常愿意帮你 |
[43:17] | Help me how? | 怎么帮我 |
[43:19] | Well, when I first started out, | 在我刚开始的时候 |
[43:20] | I made a lot of mistakes. | 也犯了很多错误 |
[43:24] | More than I care to admit. | 多到我都不想承认 |
[43:27] | I wish I’d had someone to advise me– | 真希望当时有人能提点我 |
[43:30] | because this life of ours, it can overwhelm. | 因为我们过的这种生活 变数太大 |
[43:40] | You are a wealthy man now. | 你现在是有钱人了 |
[43:44] | And one must learn to be rich. | 你得学着怎么做有钱人 |
[43:47] | To be poor anyone can manage. | 穷人谁都会做 |
[43:53] | What advice do you have for me? | 你有什么建议吗 |
[43:59] | Never make the same mistake twice. | 同一个错别犯两次 |
[44:46] | What’s up? | 什么事 |
[44:48] | You, uh, you Tomás? | 你是托马斯吗 |
[44:50] | Heard you were the man. | 我听说你就是那纯爷们 |
[44:52] | Yeah? What you want? | 是啊 你想要什么 |
[44:57] | Crystal. | 冰毒 |
[45:00] | You think you could hook me up? | 你有吗 |
[45:03] | 300. | 300块 |
[45:05] | For a teenth? | 1.75克就要300块吗 |
[45:06] | Shit, come on, yo. | 靠 开玩笑呢吧 |
[45:08] | 300. | 300块 |
[45:31] | Hey, what’s up? | 你好 |
[46:05] | Bounce. | 滚吧 |