英文名称:Breakfast at Tiffany's
年代:1961
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:01] | Hey, baby. What’s going on here? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[03:03] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[03:26] | Miss Golightly. | 高小姐 |
[03:30] | Some day. Some day. | 终有一天 终有一天 |
[03:33] | Miss Golightly. | 高小姐 |
[03:37] | What happened to you, anyway? | 怎么了 |
[03:39] | You take off for the powder room and that’s the last I see you. | 你到化妆间后 我便再没见过你 |
[03:41] | -Now, really, Harry. -Harry was the other guy. | -亨利 现在 -我不是亨利 |
[03:44] | I’m Sid. Sid Arbuck. You like me, remember? | 我是艾锡德 你喜欢我的 记得吗 |
[03:47] | Miss Golightly, I protest! | 高小姐 我抗议 |
[03:52] | Oh, darling, I am sorry, but I lost my key. | 亲爱的 对不起 但我遗失了钥匙 |
[03:55] | But that was two weeks ago. | 你两周前才遗失过钥匙 |
[03:57] | You cannot go on and keep ringing my bell. | 你不能老按我的门铃 |
[03:59] | You disturb me! You must have a key made! | 你骚扰我 你要再配一把钥匙 |
[04:03] | But it won’t do any good. I just lose them all. | 没用的 我会把它全部遗失 |
[04:05] | Come on, baby. You like me. You know you do. | 宝贝 你知道你喜欢我的 |
[04:08] | I worship you, Mr. Arbuck, | 我很仰慕你 艾先生 |
[04:09] | -but good night, Mr. Arbuck. -Baby, wait a minute. What is this? | -但是晚安了 艾先生 -宝贝 等等 这算什么 |
[04:12] | You like me. I’m a liked guy. | 你喜欢我 我很受欢迎的 |
[04:14] | You like me, baby. You know you do. | 你知道你是喜欢我的 宝贝 |
[04:16] | Didn’t I pick up the check for five people? | 我替你五位朋友结帐 |
[04:18] | Your friends. I’ve never seen them before. | 你的朋友 我不认识他们 |
[04:19] | And when you asked for a little change for the powder room | 你跟我要零钱上化妆室时 |
[04:22] | what do I give you? A $50 bill. | 我给了你50元 |
[04:23] | Now doesn’t that give me some rights? | 难道这样我还没有资格 |
[04:26] | In 30 seconds I going to call the police! | 30秒后我便报警 |
[04:29] | All the time disturbance! I get no sleep! | 老在骚扰我 我睡不了 |
[04:33] | I got to get my rest! I’m an artist! | 我要好好休息 我是艺术家 |
[04:36] | I am going to call the vice squad on you! | 我要找风化小组来抓你 |
[04:39] | Don’t be angry, you dear little man, I won’t do it again. | 亲爱的 别生气 我不会再犯 |
[04:41] | If you promise not to be angry, | 若你答应不生气 |
[04:42] | I might let you take those pictures we mentioned. | 我便让你拍照 |
[04:46] | When? | 什么时候 |
[04:48] | Sometime. | 改天吧 |
[04:51] | Anytime. | 随时吧 |
[04:53] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[06:19] | I’m sorry to bother you, but I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. | 打扰你真对不起 但我打不开下面的门 |
[06:26] | I guess they sent me the upstairs key. | 他们把楼上的钥匙给我 |
[06:28] | I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. | 我打不开下面的门 |
[06:33] | I said, I guess they sent me the upstairs key. | 我说 他们把楼上的钥匙给我 |
[06:37] | I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. I’m sorry to wake you. | 我打不开下面的门 把你吵醒对不起 |
[06:41] | That’s quite all right. | 不要紧 |
[06:44] | It could happen to anyone, quite frequently does. Good night. | 这种事常有发生的 晚安 |
[06:47] | I hate to. | 我不想 |
[06:50] | I hate to bother you, but if I could ask one more favor, | 我不想打扰你 但可再帮我个忙吗 |
[06:53] | could I use the phone? | 可以借电话一用吗 |
[06:57] | Sure. | 可以 |
[06:59] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[07:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:03] | Well, this is | 你的家 |
[07:06] | a nice little place you’ve got here. | 蛮不错呢 |
[07:09] | -You just moved in, too, huh? -No. I’ve been here about a year. | -你也是刚搬来吗 -不 我已在这儿住了一年 |
[07:13] | The phone’s over there. | 电话在那边 |
[07:15] | Well, it was. | 本来是的 |
[07:18] | Oh, I remember. | 我记起了 |
[07:20] | I stuck it in the suitcase. Kind of muffles the sound. | 我把它塞在皮箱里 减少铃声 |
[07:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:33] | -Is he all right? -Sure. | -它没事吧 -没事的 |
[07:36] | Sure. He’s okay, aren’t you, cat? | 猫咪 对不 |
[07:38] | Poor old cat. | 可怜的猫咪 |
[07:41] | Poor slob. Poor slob without a name. | 没名字的可怜鬼 |
[07:44] | The way I look at it, I don’t have the right to give him one. | 我没权替它命名 |
[07:47] | We don’t belong to each other. We just took up by the river one day. | 我们并不拥有对方 我们只是偶尔相遇 |
[07:50] | I don’t even want to own anything | 在找到合适的地方前 |
[07:52] | until I find a place where me and things go together. | 我不想拥有什么 |
[07:55] | I’m not sure where that is, but I know what it’s like. | 我不知道它在哪儿 但我知道它是什么模样 |
[08:00] | It’s like Tiffany’s. | 就像蒂凡尼 |
[08:02] | Tiffany’s? You mean the jewelry store? | 蒂凡尼 你说那蒂凡尼珠宝店 |
[08:05] | That’s right. | 对了 |
[08:06] | I’m crazy about Tiffany’s. | 我很喜欢蒂凡尼 |
[08:10] | Listen. | 听着 |
[08:12] | You know those days when you get the mean reds? | 你遇过心绪不宁的时候 |
[08:15] | The mean reds? You mean like the blues? | 你是说情绪忧郁 |
[08:17] | No. | 不是 |
[08:19] | The blues are because you’re getting fat or maybe it’s been raining too long. | 人胖了或下雨了 人才会忧虑伤感 |
[08:22] | You’re just sad, that’s all. | 那只是伤感而已 |
[08:25] | The mean reds are horrible. | 但心绪不宁更可怕 |
[08:26] | Suddenly you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of. | 你突然害怕而不知为何 |
[08:30] | -Do you ever get that feeling? -Sure. | -你有过这种感觉吗 -有过 |
[08:33] | Well, when I get it, the only thing that does any good | 每当我心绪不宁时 我便乘计程车到蒂凡尼去 |
[08:36] | is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany’s. | 这是唯一有效的方法 |
[08:39] | Calms me down right away. | 它能令我即时心安下来 |
[08:41] | The quietness and the proud look of it. | 它是那么宁静和高贵 |
[08:43] | Nothing very bad could happen to you there. | 那儿不会发生什么不幸的事 |
[08:46] | If I could find a real-life place | 若我能在现实生活中 |
[08:48] | that made me feel like Tiffany’s, then. | 找到像蒂凡尼那样的地方 |
[08:52] | Then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name. | 那么我会买点家具 还有替猫咪取个名字 |
[08:57] | I’m sorry. You wanted something. | 对不起 你要找点什么 |
[09:00] | The telephone. | 电话 |
[09:02] | It’s just that I was supposed to meet somebody. | 我跟别人有约 |
[09:04] | I mean, this is 10:00 Thursday morning, isn’t it? | 现在是星期四早上十点吧 |
[09:07] | I just got off a plane from Rome and I’m not too sure. | 我刚由罗马到这 所以不清楚 |
[09:10] | Thursday. Is this Thursday? | 今天是星期四吗 |
[09:13] | -I think so. -Thursday! Oh, no, it can’t be! | -我猜是的 -星期四 不可能的 |
[09:16] | It’s too gruesome. | 太可怕了 |
[09:21] | Well, what’s so gruesome about Thursday? | 星期四有什么可怕的 |
[09:24] | Nothing, except I can never remember when it’s coming up. | 没什么 我只是常记不起哪天是星期四 |
[09:27] | Wednesdays, I generally just don’t go to bed at all, | 我通常不在星期三晚睡觉的 |
[09:29] | because I have to be up to catch the 10:45. | 因为我要赶十点三刻的火车 |
[09:31] | And they’re so particular about visiting hours. | 他们很严守探望的时间 |
[09:34] | Would you be a darling and look under the bed | 请替我在床下找一对 |
[09:36] | and see if you can find a pair of alligator shoes? | 鳄鱼皮皮鞋吧 |
[09:39] | Sure. | 好的 |
[09:42] | I’ve got to do something about the way I look. | 我要好好打扮一下 |
[09:44] | I mean, a girl just can’t go to Sing Sing with a green face. | 女孩不能一脸病容的到新新监狱去 |
[09:48] | Sing Sing? | 新新监狱 |
[09:50] | Yes, I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison. | 替监狱取这个名字实在太可笑 |
[09:53] | Sing Sing, I mean. It sounds more like it should be an opera house or something. | 新新像歌剧院的名字 |
[09:57] | Black alligator. | 黑色鳄鱼皮皮鞋 |
[09:59] | You know, all the visitors make an effort to look their best. It’s only fair. | 所有访客都悉心打扮 实在太好了 |
[10:02] | Actually, it’s very touching, all the women wearing their prettiest things. | 真感人 所有女士都穿上漂亮的衣服 |
[10:06] | I just love them for it. And I love the kids, too. | 我也喜欢那些孩子 |
[10:08] | I mean the kids the wives bring. | 我指那些太太带去的小孩 |
[10:10] | It should be sad seeing kids there, but it isn’t. | 在监狱看到孩子该不好受 但我没有 |
[10:13] | They all have ribbons in their hair and lots of shine on their shoes. | 他们头上结了蝴蝶结 鞋子擦得发亮 |
[10:16] | You’d think there was going to be ice cream. | 你还以为会有雪糕里 |
[10:18] | Now, as I understand it, what we’re doing is getting you ready | 你预备到新新监狱 |
[10:20] | -to visit somebody at Sing Sing. -That’s right. | -探访朋友吗 -对 |
[10:23] | You can always tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are | 你能从男人送你的耳环知道 |
[10:26] | by the earrings he gives you. | 他对你有何看法 |
[10:28] | I must say, the mind reels. | 这双太使人目眩 |
[10:30] | May I ask whom? | 请问是谁 |
[10:31] | Whom what? Oh, whom I go to visit, you mean? | 什么 你是说我探访谁 |
[10:34] | I guess that’s what I mean. | 我是这个意思 |
[10:36] | I don’t know that I should even discuss it. | 我不知道应否谈论此事 |
[10:38] | Well, they never told me not to tell anyone. | 但他没有吩咐我要保密 |
[10:40] | You must cross your heart and kiss your elbow. | 你要发誓保守秘密 |
[10:43] | I’ll try. | 好的 |
[10:44] | You probably read about him. His name’s Sally Tomato. | 你也许听说过他的消息 他是杜沙利 |
[10:47] | Sally Tomato? | 杜沙利 |
[10:49] | Well, don’t look so shocked. | 别那样震惊 |
[10:50] | They could never prove for a second | 没人能证明他是黑手党 |
[10:52] | that he was even part of the Mafia, much less head of it, my dear. | 更遑论他是黑手党首领 亲爱的 |
[10:54] | The only thing they did prove was that he cheated his income tax a little. | 他只是隐瞒入息税而已 |
[10:57] | Anyway, all I know is that he’s a darling old man. | 我只知道他是个可爱的老头子 |
[11:00] | Oh, he was never my lover or anything like that. | 他不是我的情人 |
[11:02] | In fact, I never knew him until after he was in prison. | 事实上 他坐牢后我才认识他 |
[11:04] | But I adore him now. | 但我现在很喜欢他了 |
[11:05] | I mean, I’ve been going to see him every Thursday for seven months. | 这七个月来 我每个星期四都去探望他 |
[11:08] | Now I think I’d go even if he didn’t pay me. | 即使他不给我钱 我也会探望他 |
[11:11] | -Shoes. -I could only find one. | -鞋子 -我只找到一只 |
[11:17] | He pays you? | 他给你钱吗 |
[11:18] | That’s right. Or anyway his lawyer does. | 应该说是他的律师给我钱 |
[11:21] | If he is a lawyer, which I doubt, since he doesn’t seem to have an office, | 我怀疑他是不是律师 |
[11:23] | only an answering service. | 只能透过电话代接站找他 |
[11:25] | And he always wants to meet you at Hamburger Heaven. | 我们只相约在汉堡天堂见面 |
[11:30] | There you are, you sneak. Thank you. | 鞋子在这儿 谢谢你 |
[11:33] | You’re welcome. | 别客气 |
[11:34] | Dress. | 裙子 |
[11:36] | Here we are. Bag and a hat, too. | 在这儿 手袋 还有帽子 |
[11:40] | There we are. | 在那儿 |
[11:42] | Anyway, about seven months ago, this so-called lawyer, Mr. O’Shaughnessy, | 那所谓律师奥西力 七个月前问我 |
[11:45] | asked me how I’d like to cheer up a lonely old man, | 是否有兴趣讨一个孤单的老头高兴 |
[11:48] | and pick up $100 a week at the same time. | 每周可赚一百元 |
[11:50] | I told him, “Look, darling, you’ve got the wrong Holly Golightly.” | 我跟他说 你找错人了 |
[11:54] | A girl can do as well as that on trips to the powder room. | 女孩上一趟化妆室便赚到这钱 |
[11:57] | I mean, any gentleman with the slightest chic | 任何绅士会给女孩 |
[11:58] | will give a girl a $50 bill for the powder room. | 50元上化妆室 |
[12:01] | And I always ask for cab fare, too. That’s another $50. | 还有50元计程车费 |
[12:03] | But then he said his client was Sally Tomato. | 跟着他说代表杜沙利找我 |
[12:06] | He said dear old Sally had seen me at Elmo’s or somewhere, | 他在埃尔默看过我 |
[12:09] | and had admired me a la distance. | 远远一看便已钟情 |
[12:11] | So wouldn’t it be a good deed if I were to visit him once a week? | 我能否每周探望他一次 |
[12:14] | Well, how could I say no? It was all so wildly romantic. | 我怎能拒绝 这事太浪漫了 |
[12:19] | How do I look? | 我打扮得如何 |
[12:22] | Very good. I must say I’m amazed. | 很漂亮 我也为你着迷 |
[12:25] | You were a darling to help, I could never have done it without you. | 还是多得你帮忙 |
[12:28] | -Bag. -Call me anytime. | -手袋 -随时找我 |
[12:32] | I’m just upstairs, or I will be as soon as I get moved in. | 我住在楼上 我稍后便会搬来 |
[12:36] | Bye, cat. | 猫咪 再见 |
[12:44] | You mean he gives you $100 for an hour’s conversation? | 你和他见面一小时 他便给你100元 |
[12:48] | Well, Mr. O’Shaughnessy does as soon as I meet him | 只要我把天气报告交给奥西力 |
[12:49] | and give him the weather report. | 他便给我钱 |
[12:52] | Look, it’s none of my business, but it sounds to me, | 这事与我无关 |
[12:54] | like you could get in a lot of trouble. | 但你会惹上麻烦 |
[12:56] | Hold this for me, will you? | 请替我拿着 好吗 |
[13:00] | And what do you mean, “weather report”? | 天气报告是什么 |
[13:03] | Oh, that’s just a message I give Mr. O’Shaughnessy. | 那只是我给奥西力的口讯 |
[13:05] | So he’ll know I’ve really been up there. | 证明我曾探访过他的口讯 |
[13:08] | Sally tells me things to say like, | 沙利会说 |
[13:10] | “There’s a hurricane in Cuba” | “古巴刮起风暴” |
[13:12] | and, “It’s cloudy over Palermo.” Things like that. | “巴勒莫天阴” 诸如此类 |
[13:16] | You don’t have to worry. I’ve taken care of myself for a long time. | 别担心 我一直都是自己照顾自己 |
[13:27] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[13:36] | -I never could do that. -It’s easy. | -我不懂这个 -很容易的 |
[13:47] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[13:49] | I’m late. I know it. | 我迟到了 我知道 |
[13:54] | Don’t tell me you were locked out? Didn’t you get the key? | 别说你进不了门 你没拿钥匙吗 |
[13:57] | Oh, darling. I’m so sorry. | 亲爱的 真对不起 |
[14:02] | No, I got the key, all right. | 不 我有钥匙 |
[14:04] | Miss Golightly, my neighbor, was kind enough to let me in. | 邻居高小姐开门让我进来 |
[14:08] | Miss Golightly’s on her way to Sing Sing. | 高小姐要到新新监狱去 |
[14:10] | Just visiting, of course. | 当然是去探监啊 |
[14:12] | Miss Golightly, Mrs. Failenson, my decorator. | 高小姐 这是费拉逊太太 是我的室内设计师 |
[14:16] | -How do you do? -How do you do? | -你好吗 -你好吗 |
[14:20] | Darling. Let me look at you. | 亲爱的 让我看看你 |
[14:23] | -Are you through? -Was the flight absolutely ghastly? | -你不要车吗 -那旅程很糟吧 |
[14:25] | I’m in a terrible rush. | 我很匆忙 |
[14:28] | Grand Central Station, and step on it, darling. | 请到大中央车站 开快点 亲爱的 |
[14:32] | Is it really only three weeks since I left you in Rome? | 我们真只分别了三周吗 |
[14:36] | Seems like years. | 好像过了几年呢 |
[14:38] | -You seen the apartment? -Not yet. | -你看过房间了吗 -还没有 |
[14:40] | I know it was wicked of me, but I couldn’t resist. | 我知道这样做很坏 |
[14:43] | I went ahead and fixed it up without you. | 但我自行决定替你装修了 |
[14:45] | I think it’s darling of course, | 我认为装修得很好 |
[14:47] | but if you absolutely hate it, we can rip everything up and start from scratch. | 若你不喜欢 我们可以再重新装修 |
[15:02] | Miss Golightly! | 高小姐老是这样子 |
[15:06] | Hey, baby! Where you going? | 宝贝 你到哪儿去 |
[15:11] | Come on, baby. Open the door. | 宝贝 快开门 |
[15:16] | Be a pal. | 来交个朋友吧 |
[15:18] | You’re breaking up a beautiful party. | 你破坏了这精彩的派对 |
[15:23] | Come on, baby. Open the door. | 宝贝 快开门 |
[15:26] | Hey, the band’s swinging. | 乐队正奏得起劲 |
[15:29] | Come on, baby. | 宝贝 来吧 |
[15:33] | Miss Golightly. Once again, I must protest! | 高小姐 我再次抗议 |
[15:37] | If you don’t stop that phonograph right this minute, | 若你不把唱机关掉 |
[15:40] | I’m going to call the police department! | 我便会叫警察 |
[15:45] | Yeah. That’s more better. | 对了 这才像样 |
[15:51] | What’s the matter, baby? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[15:58] | Come on. You’re a great kid. Open the door. | 快点 你是乖孩子 快开门 |
[16:04] | Come on, baby. I’m waiting for you. | 宝贝 我在等你呢 |
[17:07] | -It’s all right. It’s only me. -Now, wait a minute. Miss. | -没事的 是我 -慢着 小姐 |
[17:10] | Golightly. Holly Golightly. | 我是高霍莉 |
[17:13] | I live downstairs. We met this morning, remember? | 我住在楼下 我们今早见过面 记得吗 |
[17:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[17:19] | It’s all right. She’s gone. | 别担心 她走了 |
[17:22] | I must say, she works late hours for a decorator. | 她这室内设计师也工作得真晚 |
[17:25] | The thing is, I have the most terrifying man downstairs. | 我家来了个可怕的家伙 |
[17:27] | I mean, he’s sweet when he isn’t drunk, | 他不喝醉时人也不错 |
[17:29] | but let him start lapping up the vino, and oh, golly, quel beast. | 但他一喝酒便不得了 像头野兽 |
[17:33] | It finally got so tiresome down there, I just went out the window. | 我觉得很厌倦 于是由窗子偷走出来 |
[17:41] | Look, you can throw me out if you want to, | 若你不喜欢可把我赶走 |
[17:43] | but you did look so cozy in here, and your decorator friend had gone home, | 但你在被窝里很舒服的样子 而你的朋友又走了 |
[17:47] | and it was beginning to get a bit cold out there on the fire escape. | 防火道又越来越冷 |
[17:51] | And I always heard people in New York | 听说纽约人 |
[17:53] | never get to know their neighbors. | 与邻居互不往来 |
[17:57] | Well, how was Sing Sing? | 新新监狱之行如何 |
[18:01] | Fine. | 很好 |
[18:03] | I made the train and everything. | 我赶上了火车 |
[18:05] | And what’s the weather report? | 天气报告呢 |
[18:08] | “Small-craft warnings Block Island to Hatteras.” | “由布洛克岛往哈特勒斯有航行警报” |
[18:11] | Whatever that means. | 不管那是何解 |
[18:16] | You know, you’re sweet. You really are. | 你很好 真的 |
[18:21] | And you look a little like my brother Fred. | 你有点像我的弟弟费特 |
[18:24] | Do you mind if I call you Fred? | 你介意我称你为费特吗 |
[18:26] | Not at all. | 不介意 |
[18:32] | $300, she’s very generous. | 300元 她真慷慨 |
[18:36] | Is it by the week, the hour or what? | 是周薪 时薪 还是什么 |
[18:38] | Okay, the party’s over. Out. | 好了 派对结束了 走吧 |
[18:40] | Oh, Fred. Darling Fred, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的费特 对不起 |
[18:43] | I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Don’t be angry. | 我无意伤害你的 别生气 |
[18:47] | I was just trying to let you know I understand. | 我只想你知道我明白你的情况 |
[18:50] | I understand completely. | 我完全明白 |
[18:53] | It’s okay, stick around. Make yourself a drink. | 好吧 留下来好了 |
[18:55] | Throw me my robe and I’ll make you one. | 把袍子给我 我给你弄点喝的 |
[18:56] | You stay right where you are. | 你留在床上 |
[18:58] | You must be absolutely exhausted. | 你一定很累了 |
[19:01] | I mean, it is very late, | 已经很晚了 |
[19:02] | and you were sound asleep and everything. | 你刚才还睡熟呢 |
[19:07] | I suppose you think I’m very brazen or tres fou or something. | 你以为我厚着脸皮或是疯子吧 |
[19:10] | I don’t think you’re any fouer than anybody else. | 你不比别人疯 |
[19:12] | Yes, you do. Everybody does. And I don’t mind. | 你是那样想的 我不介意 |
[19:15] | It’s useful being top banana in the shock department. | 当顶尖的疯子也是件好事 |
[19:21] | What do you do, anyway? | 你做什么工作 |
[19:23] | -I’m a writer, I guess. -You guess? Don’t you know? | -我猜我是个作家吧 -你猜 难道你不知道 |
[19:28] | Okay. Positive statement. Ringing affirmative. | 好吧 肯定语句 |
[19:32] | I’m a writer. | 我是作家 |
[19:35] | The only writer I’ve ever been out with is Benny Shacklett. | 我只跟过一个作家约会 那就是萨宾利 |
[19:38] | He’s written an awful lot of television stuff, but quel rat. | 他写过不少电视剧 但是个小人 |
[19:43] | Tell me, are you a real writer? | 告诉我 你是个真正的作家吗 |
[19:45] | I mean, does anybody buy what you write or publish it or anything? | 别人会买你的书 或替你出版作品吗 |
[19:50] | They bought what’s in that box. | 他们买箱子里的东西 |
[19:54] | Yours? | 是你写的吗 |
[19:56] | All these books? | 这堆书吗 |
[19:58] | Well, there’s just the one book. | 那只有一本书 |
[20:00] | Twelve copies of it. | 只是十二本相同的书 |
[20:01] | “Nine Lives by Paul Varjak.” | “九命 韦保罗著” |
[20:05] | They’re stories. | 短篇小说 |
[20:07] | Nine of them. | 共九篇 |
[20:10] | Tell me one. | 说一个给我听 |
[20:12] | They’re not the kind of stories you can really tell. | 那不是可以说的故事 |
[20:15] | Too dirty? | 太猥琐吗 |
[20:18] | Yeah, I suppose they’re dirty, too, but only incidentally. | 是的 但只是偶尔才出现 |
[20:22] | Mainly they’re angry, sensitive, intensely felt, | 主要是愤怒 敏感 热情 |
[20:27] | and that dirtiest of all dirty words, promising. | 最猥琐的还是 前途无限 |
[20:31] | Or so said The Times Book Review, October 1st, 1956. | 这是1956年10月1日的时报书评中写的 |
[20:36] | -1956? -That’s right. | -1956年 -是的 |
[20:39] | I suppose this is kind of a ratty question, but what have you written lately? | 这问题有点卑鄙 你最近写过什么作品 |
[20:44] | Lately I’ve been working on a novel. | 我最近正在写小说 |
[20:47] | -Lately, since 1956? -Well, a novel takes a long time. | -最近 自从1956年起吗 -写小说很花时间 |
[20:50] | -I want to get it exactly right. -So no more stories. | -我不想有差误 -不写短篇小说了 |
[20:54] | Well, the idea is | 我不该把天分 |
[20:55] | I’m supposed to not fritter my talent away on little things. | 浪费在小事上 |
[20:59] | I’m supposed to be saving it for the big one. | 我该把它留起来干大事 |
[21:02] | Tell me, do you write every day? | 告诉我 你每天都写作吗 |
[21:04] | Sure. | 是的 |
[21:06] | -Today? -Sure. | -今天呢 -也有写 |
[21:09] | -It’s a beautiful typewriter. -Of course. | -这打字机好棒 -当然了 |
[21:11] | It writes nothing but sensitive, intensely felt, promising prose. | 它只写敏感 热情和前途无限的文章 |
[21:15] | But there’s no ribbon in it. | 但它没有色带 |
[21:17] | -There isn’t? -No. | -没有吗 -没有 |
[21:25] | You know, something you said this morning has been | 你今早说的话 |
[21:27] | bothering me all day. | 令我整天不安 |
[21:29] | What’s that? | 哪些话 |
[21:31] | Do they really give you $50 whenever you go to the powder room? | 他们真的给你50块钱上化妆室吗 |
[21:34] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[21:36] | You must do very well. | 你一定做得很好 |
[21:39] | I’m trying to save, but I’m not very good at it. | 我尝试储蓄 但我并不成功 |
[21:48] | You know, you do look a lot like my brother Fred. | 你很像我的弟弟费特 |
[21:51] | I haven’t seen him, of course, since I was 14. That’s when I left home. | 十四岁后 我便再没见他 我在那年离家 |
[21:56] | And he was already 6’2″. | 他那时已有6尺2寸高 |
[21:59] | I guess it must have been the peanut butter that did it. | 一定是花生酱的功效 |
[22:02] | Everybody thought he was dotty the way he gorged himself on peanut butter. | 他狼吞花生酱的样子令大家以为他是疯子 |
[22:07] | But he wasn’t dotty. | 但他可不疯 |
[22:10] | Just sweet and vague and terribly slow. | 他很可爱 有点茫然和很迟钝 |
[22:16] | Poor Fred. He’s in the army now. | 可怜的费特 他正当兵 |
[22:20] | It’s really the best place for him until I can get enough money saved. | 在我储到足够的钱前 当兵是最佳的选择 |
[22:24] | -And then? -And then Fred and I. | -然后呢 -然后费特和我 |
[22:29] | I went to Mexico once. | 我曾到过墨西哥 |
[22:31] | It’s a wonderful place for raising horses. | 那儿很适合养马 |
[22:35] | I saw one place near the sea that. | 我见过一个近海的地方 |
[22:38] | Fred’s very good with horses. | 费特很擅长养马 |
[22:42] | But even land in Mexico costs something. | 但在墨西哥买地也要花点钱 |
[22:44] | And no matter what I do, there never seems to be more than | 银行户口里的钱 |
[22:47] | a couple of hundred dollars in the bank. | 总是不足数百元 |
[22:51] | It can’t be 4:30. | 已经四点半了 |
[22:54] | It just can’t. | 不可能的 |
[23:01] | Do you mind if I just get in with you for a minute? | 你介意让我跟你睡一会儿吧 |
[23:06] | It’s all right. Really, it is. | 不会有事的 |
[23:10] | We’re friends, that’s all. | 我们只是朋友而已 |
[23:15] | We are friends, aren’t we? | 我们是朋友 对不 |
[23:19] | Sure. | 对 |
[23:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:30] | Let’s don’t say another word. | 别再说话了 |
[23:33] | Let’s just go to sleep. | 好好睡觉吧 |
[23:58] | Where are you, Fred? | 费特 你在哪儿 |
[24:02] | Because it’s cold. | 因为这儿很冷 |
[24:08] | There’s snow and wind. | 风里飘着雪 |
[24:13] | What is it? What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[24:19] | Why are you crying? | 你为什么哭 |
[24:26] | If we’re going to be friends, let’s just get one thing straight right now. | 若我们真的要成为朋友 先弄清楚一件事 |
[24:31] | I hate snoops. | 我讨厌别人探听我的事 |
[25:24] | -Yeah. -Lucille, darling? 2-E. | -喂 -露西 这是2E |
[25:29] | I’ve been trying desperately to reach you. | 我一直在找你 |
[25:31] | Bill just got back. | 比尔回来了 |
[25:33] | A day early, the beast. | 那家伙早一天回来 |
[25:35] | So I’m afraid I’ll have to beg off. | 恐怕我不能来了 |
[25:37] | You’ll explain to the rest of the girls? | 请代我跟其他太太们说一声 |
[25:41] | You’re a darling. | 你真好 |
[25:43] | Maybe we can have a long lunch tomorrow. | 明天相约吃午餐吧 |
[25:46] | I’ll phone you in the morning. | 我明早再找你 |
[25:49] | Whatever you say. | 随你喜欢吧 |
[25:50] | And you will manage to survive without me tonight? | 我不来行吗 |
[25:54] | Sure. | 行 |
[25:55] | I might even take a wild, boyish fling at writing. | 我可以尽情写作 |
[26:00] | -Good night. -Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[26:27] | You got yourself stuffed, huh, Polly, baby? | 被制成标本吗 |
[26:30] | Serves you right, big mouth. | 活该 大嘴鸟 |
[26:37] | -Buongiorno. -Huh? | -你好 -什么 |
[26:40] | Aren’t you drinking? | 你喝不喝酒 |
[26:44] | You got pockets there or something? What do you go by? | 你把它藏在口袋吗 你叫什么名字 |
[26:49] | What’s your name? What’s your name? What do you call yourself? | 你尊姓大名 |
[26:52] | -Irving. -Perfect. Perfect. | -艾云 -很好听的名字 |
[26:56] | That’s wonderful, Irving. | 艾云宝贝 |
[26:59] | I’ll be right back, Irving, baby. | 我很快回来 艾云宝贝 |
[27:08] | Yeah? Whoa! Kid’s still in the shower. You expected? | 小家伙还在浴室里 她知道你会来吗 |
[27:11] | I was invited. That what you mean? | 我是应邀 你是指这个吧 |
[27:13] | Now don’t get yourself all tense and sore, pal. Come on in. | 别那么紧张 进来 |
[27:16] | It’s a party. There’s a lot of characters come around here, they’re not expected. | 很多人都是不请自来的 |
[27:19] | I’ll buy you a drink. You drink? | 要喝点什么 你喝酒吧 |
[27:21] | -Yeah. -Then I’ll buy you a drink. | -喝 -那我请你 |
[27:22] | Okay. | 好呀 |
[27:24] | Hey, honey, your skirt’s split there. | 甜心 你的裙子有一道裂缝 |
[27:27] | -What do you drink, kid? -Bourbon. | -你要喝什么 -波旁威士忌 |
[27:29] | Bourbon? | 波旁威士忌 |
[27:30] | -On the rocks? -Yeah. No. With water. | -加冰块吗 -好 不 加水吧 |
[27:32] | All right, you want rocks first, though, don’t you? | 你最初想加冰块 是吗 |
[27:34] | -Yeah. -Good, you got them. | -是的 -那加冰吧 |
[27:36] | -Not too much. -All right. That’ll set you free. | -别太多 -来 这能使你轻松一下 |
[27:39] | -You know the kid long? -Not very. I live upstairs. | -你认识小家伙很久了吗 -不 我住在楼上 |
[27:41] | You’re kidding. Boy, look at this place, will you? | 你说笑吗 看这儿 |
[27:44] | What a place. It’s unbelievable. What a dump. | 像个垃圾堆 真难以置信 |
[27:47] | What do you think? | 你认为怎样 |
[27:48] | -About what? -Is she or isn’t she? | -关于什么 -她是不是 |
[27:52] | Wait a minute. Hold it. | 等等 慢着 |
[27:56] | -Harriet. -Hi, J.B. | -哈丽 -J.B. 你好 |
[27:58] | “J.B.”? O.J. What is that? | J.B. 我是O.J 你是谁 |
[28:00] | All right. Hello there. | 你好 |
[28:01] | -You know Gil. -Yeah. How are you? Good to see you. | -你认识吉尔吧 -幸会 |
[28:03] | -How about a drink? -Fine. In the kitchen. | -来喝一杯吧 -所有饮料都在厨房里 |
[28:04] | -You’ll find everything you need. -Thanks. | -那里应有尽有 -谢谢 |
[28:08] | So. Oh, honey, that is you, that is you. | 你来了 宝贝 |
[28:11] | Fred, darling, I’m so glad you could come. | 费特 你能来就好了 |
[28:14] | I brought you a house present, something for the bookcase. | 我给你带来一份礼物 |
[28:17] | You’re sweet. | 你真好 |
[28:20] | Doesn’t that look nice? Give me a cigarette, O.J. | 很好看吧 O.J. 给我一根烟 |
[28:23] | Sure, sure. | 好的 |
[28:24] | O.J.’s a great agent. He knows a terrific lot of phone numbers. | O.J.是个很好的经理人 他有很多电话号码 |
[28:26] | What’s Jerry Wald’s phone number, O.J? | 韦谢利的电话号码 |
[28:28] | Oh, come on, lay off. | 别闹了 |
[28:29] | Darling, I want you to call him and tell him what a genius Fred is. | 亲爱的 你快找他 告诉他费特是个天才 |
[28:32] | Yeah, I got it. | 我这里有 |
[28:33] | Stop blushing, Fred. You didn’t say you were genius, I did. | 别脸红 费特 你没自称天才 是我说的 |
[28:37] | So quit stalling, O.J. Just tell me what you’re going to do | 别支吾了 O.J. 你计划如何 |
[28:40] | to make Fred rich and famous. | 令费特名成利就 |
[28:41] | Now why don’t you let Fred baby and me settle that matter, huh, puppy? | 这事交给费特宝贝和我处理吧 |
[28:45] | Okay. But just remember, I’m the agent. | 记着 我是经理人 |
[28:47] | He’s already got a decorator, I’m the agent. | 他已经有一个室内设计师了 |
[28:51] | Hold it. | 来了 |
[28:53] | Hi, there, boys. Come on in, there. | 你们好 |
[28:55] | Right in the kitchen, you’ll find everything you need. | 饮料在厨房里 |
[29:00] | So, listen, Fred baby. | 费特宝贝 |
[29:02] | -No, it’s Paul baby. -Oh, it is? I thought it was Fred baby. | -不 是保罗宝贝才对 -我还以为你是费特 |
[29:05] | -No. -Well, answer the question, all right? | -不 -回答我问题吧 |
[29:06] | -Is she or isn’t she? -Is she or isn’t she what? | -你认为她是不是 -是不是什么 |
[29:09] | A phony. | 装腔作势 |
[29:11] | I don’t know. I don’t think so. | 我不知道 我认为不是 |
[29:13] | You don’t think so, huh? Well, you’re wrong, she is. | 你认为不是 你错了 她是 |
[29:17] | But on the other hand, you’re right, because she’s a real phony. | 但另一方面你说得对 因为她真的装腔作势 |
[29:21] | You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk | 知道为什么吗 因为她对那些假话 |
[29:23] | that she believes in. | 深信不疑 |
[29:24] | I mean it. Now look, I like the kid. I mean, I sincerely like the kid. I do. | 我真的喜欢小家伙 |
[29:28] | I mean, I’m sensitive, that’s why. | 因为我是个敏感的人 |
[29:29] | I mean, you gotta be sensitive to like the kid, you know what I mean? | 敏感的人才会喜欢小家伙 |
[29:32] | It’s what you call a touch, a streak of the poet, | 这是诗人的气质 |
[29:34] | you know what I mean? | 你了解吗 |
[29:35] | You known her long? | 你认识她很久了吗 |
[29:36] | Are you kidding? I’m the guy that discovered her. | 开玩笑 是我发掘她的 |
[29:37] | I’m O.J. Berman. | 我是白O.J |
[29:39] | A couple of years ago, back on the coast there. | 数年前 她还是个小家伙 |
[29:40] | She was just a kid. Of course, she had a lot of style. A lot of class. | 她很有风采与气质 真的很有气质 |
[29:43] | -A lot of what? -Class. I said she had lot of class. | -很有什么 -气质 我说她很有气质 |
[29:45] | But of course, when she opened her mouth, | 但她一开口说话 |
[29:47] | you didn’t know what she was talking, whether she was a hillbilly or an Okie. | 就像一个土包子 |
[29:49] | You know how long it took me to smooth out that accent? | 你知道我花了多少时间来纠正她的口音 |
[29:52] | -No. -I’ll tell you how long. | -不 -我告诉你多久 |
[29:53] | One year. You know how we did it? | 一年 你知道怎么做吗 |
[29:56] | We gave her French lessons. Yeah. | 我们给她学法文 |
[29:57] | Figured once she could imitate French, | 当她能学会法语腔调 |
[29:58] | she’d have no trouble imitating English. | 学会英语就不难了 |
[30:00] | And, finally, when I thought she’d be ready, I arranged for a little screen test. | 我最后替她安排试镜 |
[30:04] | Well, the night before the screen test. Well, I could’ve killed myself. | 试镜前一晚真把我气死 |
[30:06] | The night before the screen test, the phone rings. | 试镜前一晚 电话响了 |
[30:08] | I pick it up, I said, “O.J. Speaking.” She says, “This is Holly.” | 我接听 她说 “我是霍莉” |
[30:10] | I says, “Holly? Holly, you sound so far away, honey. What’s with you?” | 我说 “霍莉 你似乎身在远处” |
[30:13] | She says, “I’m in New York.” | 她说 “我在纽约” |
[30:14] | I said, “What? You got a screen test tomorrow.” | 我说 “什么 你明天要试镜” |
[30:15] | She says, “I’m in New York because I’ve never been to New York before.” | 她说 “我从没来过纽约” |
[30:18] | I said, “Get yourself on the plane. Get back here.” | 我说 “快回来” |
[30:19] | She says, “I don’t wanna.” | 她说 “我不想回来” |
[30:20] | I say, “What do you mean, you don’t wanna? What do you want?” | 我说 “什么 你不想” |
[30:22] | She says, “I don’t wanna.” I say, “What do you want?” | 她说 “我不想” 我说 “那你想怎样” |
[30:24] | She says, “When I find out what I want, I’m gonna let you know.” Bang. | 她说 “我知道后便告诉你” |
[30:27] | -So, look, Fred baby, you know. -It’s Paul baby. | -费特宝贝 你别 -我是保罗宝贝 |
[30:30] | Paul baby. Sure. I mean, don’t tell me that she isn’t a phony. | 保罗宝贝 行 别说她不是装腔作势 |
[30:32] | You know what I mean? | 你听懂吗 |
[30:34] | Irving. Honey, Irving, where have you been? | 艾云 宝贝 你到哪儿去了 |
[30:54] | Great, thanks. | 很好 谢谢你 |
[30:55] | Mike, darling, I tried reaching you all day long. | 迈克 我曾找过你 |
[30:58] | Your answering service doesn’t answer. | 但你的电话代接站打不通 |
[31:00] | You know the trouble people have with answering services. | 电话代接站的问题不少 |
[31:02] | Well, I guess so. Careful your mother never. | 我那天在埃摩洛哥遇到你妈 |
[31:05] | She’s been running around. | 她很漂亮 |
[31:07] | You look so wonderful. | 你很漂亮 |
[31:09] | I know. And after all that she said about him, and he knows that. | 我知道 自她说了那些之后 他也知道 |
[31:14] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[31:24] | -Time, darling. -What? | -几点了 亲爱的 -什么 |
[31:25] | The time? | 几点了 |
[31:26] | -Do you have a watch? -No, I don’t. | -你有手表吗 -没有 |
[31:28] | -Let me see it. It’s 6:45. -Thank you so much, dear. | -让我看看 是六点三刻 -谢谢你 |
[31:33] | Can I borrow it? | 可否借我 |
[31:43] | Really, was that necessary? | 有必要这样吗 |
[32:01] | This is some party. Who are all these people, anyhow? | 好热闹 这些人是谁 |
[32:04] | Who knows? The word gets out. | 天晓得 他们闻风而至 |
[32:07] | You don’t mind, do you, darling? | 你不介意吧 亲爱的 |
[32:10] | Reinforcements. | 补给品来了 |
[32:16] | -Where do I put it? -Right in there. | -该放在哪儿 -放里边吧 |
[32:32] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[32:35] | Holly, darling. | 亲爱的霍莉 |
[32:38] | -What’s that? -Mag Wildwood. | -那是谁 -怀玛吉 |
[32:42] | She’s a model, believe it or not, and a thumping bore. | 信不信由你 她是模特儿 更是麻烦鬼 |
[32:46] | But just look at the goodies she brought with her. | 但看看她带来什么好东西 |
[32:51] | He’s all right, I suppose, if you like dark, handsome, rich-looking men | 他还不赖 若你喜欢黑皮肤的英俊富家子 |
[32:55] | with passionate natures and too many teeth. | 他热情 而且牙齿太多 |
[32:57] | I don’t mean that one. I mean the other one. | 我不是说这个 是另一个 |
[33:02] | -The other one? -He’s Rusty Trawler. | -另一个 -那是托拉斯 |
[33:06] | Rusty Trawler. | 托拉斯 |
[33:08] | He happens to be the ninth-richest man in America under 50. | 他在美国五十岁以下富翁排名榜上占第九位 |
[33:13] | Now that indeed is a remarkable piece of information to have at your fingertips. | 你的资料还真是手到擒来 |
[33:17] | I keep track of these things. | 我很留意这些事 |
[33:20] | -Excuse me. You owe me $47. -Hold this a minute, will you, darling? | -对不起 你欠我47块 -请你拿着吧 |
[33:26] | Mag, darling, what are you doing here? | 亲爱的 你为什么在这儿 |
[33:28] | Honey, I was upstairs working with Yunioshi. | 我在楼上和雄志先生工作 |
[33:32] | Easter stuff for the Bazaar. | 替杂志拍复活节专集 |
[33:35] | Then these two nice boys came to pick me up. | 这两位绅士来接我 |
[33:38] | It was a mistake, of course. My wires got crossed somewhere. | 这是一场误会 我的头脑给弄糊涂了 |
[33:42] | They were both very sweet about it. | 但他们一点也不介意 |
[33:44] | May I present Jose da Silva Pereira? | 这是柏荷西 |
[33:48] | He’s from Brazil. | 来自巴西 |
[33:50] | Miss Golightly. | 这是高小姐 |
[33:54] | Very kind of you, Miss Golightly, to allow me to attend your party. | 谢谢你让我参加这派对 |
[33:57] | I’m so interested in North American culture. | 我对北美文化很感兴趣 |
[34:01] | I’ve been already, of course, to the Statue of Liberty | 我参观过自由神像和 |
[34:03] | and to the restaurant Automatique. | 自助餐厅 |
[34:06] | But this is the first time I’m in a typical North American home. | 我还是首次拜访典型北美家庭 |
[34:10] | Wouldn’t he just melt in your mouth? | 他很可爱吧 |
[34:14] | And this is Mr. Rusty Trawler. | 这是托拉斯先生 |
[34:16] | Miss Golightly. | 这是高小姐 |
[34:17] | You’re not vexed at me for bringing them? | 我请他们来 你不生气吧 |
[34:20] | -Of course not, darling. -I’m glad. | -当然不生气了 -我很高兴 |
[34:22] | Now, who’s going to bring me a bourbon? | 谁给我弄一杯波旁酒 |
[34:25] | -O.J. -Yeah? | -O.J. -什么 |
[34:28] | -Would you get Miss Wildwood a drink? -Yeah. Which one’s Miss Wildwood? | -请给怀小姐一杯酒 -谁是怀小姐 |
[34:31] | Mr. Berman, we haven’t been formally introduced, | 白先生 我们还没正式介绍过 |
[34:35] | but I’m Mag Wildwood from Wildwood, Arkansas. | 我是怀玛吉 来自阿肯色州 |
[34:38] | That’s hill country. | 那儿多山 |
[34:40] | You just make yourself right at home, senhor. | 随便玩吧 先生 |
[34:42] | Oh, do not trouble yourself. | 不用担心 |
[34:43] | I’m contented to stand observing the customs of your country. | 我会观察你们的风俗习惯 |
[34:47] | Okay, you do that. | 好的 请随便 |
[34:50] | Now, come along, Mr. Trawler. | 托先生 来吧 |
[34:51] | Let’s see what we can find to amuse you with. | 我们一起高兴高兴 |
[35:51] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[35:53] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[36:09] | I wasn’t supposed to pick you up. | 我没说过来接你 |
[36:11] | You said you would pick me up, and at the last minute, I had Gil come. | 你说过要来接我 最后我叫基尔来 |
[36:13] | Look, I wasn’t supposed to pick you up, here or anywhere. | 我没说过来接你 |
[36:20] | -Yes? -Miss Golightly? | -喂 -高小姐 |
[36:23] | This time I’m warning you. | 这次我警告你 |
[36:25] | I am definitely this time going to calling the police! | 这次我一定会报警 |
[36:46] | Good evening. | 晚安 |
[36:49] | Is it something important? | 有什么要事吗 |
[36:51] | No. Just the guy upstairs. | 不 只是楼上那家伙 |
[36:53] | Complaining about the noise. | 投诉噪音 |
[36:54] | He’s angry. | 他生气吗 |
[36:56] | Well, he did mention something about calling the police. | 他提及报警 |
[36:59] | Oh, the police. The police? | 报警 |
[37:01] | That I cannot have. I’d better find Miss Wildwood and go. | 不好了 我要找怀小姐一同离开 |
[37:08] | To think I’d find a beau of mine, | 我的男友竟看上 |
[37:11] | mousing after a piece of cheap Hollywood trash. | 好莱坞的骚货 |
[37:14] | -Mag, darling, you’re being a bore. -Shut up. | -亲爱的 你太麻烦了 -闭嘴 |
[37:18] | You. You know what’s going to happen to you? | 你知道你会有什么下场 |
[37:22] | I am going to march you over to the zoo and feed you to the yak. | 我把你送到动物园喂牝牛 |
[37:27] | Just as soon as I finish this drink. | 先让我喝完这杯 |
[37:39] | Timber! | 倒了 |
[39:12] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:16] | Good evening, Ed. | 艾特 晚安 |
[39:17] | -It’s Paul baby. -Oh, yes. | -这是保罗宝贝 -是的 |
[39:18] | -You remember Irving, don’t you? -Yeah. Hi, Irving. | -你记得艾云吗 -你好 艾云 |
[39:20] | -This is Jose. -Nice to meet you, Jose. | -这是荷西 -荷西 幸会 |
[39:23] | -Wonderful seeing you. -Yes. | -幸会 -是的 |
[39:25] | Jewel thieves. | 他们是珠宝大盗 |
[39:55] | Sally helps me with my accounts. | 沙利替我管帐 |
[39:56] | I have no head for figures at all. | 我的数字头脑很差 |
[39:59] | I’m trying desperately to save some money. You know, I told you. | 我一直想储点钱 |
[40:03] | I just can’t seem to. | 但总不成功 |
[40:05] | He makes me write down everything in there. | 他吩咐我把收入与支出列明 |
[40:07] | What I get, what I spend. | 赚了多少 花了多少 |
[40:10] | I used to have a checking account, but he made me get rid of that. | 我曾有一个支票户口 但他要我把它取消 |
[40:14] | He feels, for me, anyway, that it’s better to operate on a cash basis, tax-wise. | 他认为方便缴税 我该以现金结算 |
[40:20] | Some day, Mr. Fred, you take this book, turn it into a novel. | 你有一天会把这本子写成小说 |
[40:24] | Everything is there. Just fill in a little of the details. | 万事俱备 只要加入细节 |
[40:28] | Certainly would be good for some laughs. | 那只会引人发笑 |
[40:30] | No. No, I don’t think so. | 不是的 |
[40:33] | This is a book would break the heart. | 这书会令人心醉 |
[40:36] | “Mr. Fitzsimmons, powder room, $50.” | “费先生 化妆室 50元” |
[40:40] | “Less $18.” | “用去18元” |
[40:42] | “Repair one black satin dress.” | “修补黑缎子裙” |
[40:45] | “Cat food, 27 cents.” | “猫粮 27分” |
[40:48] | Sally, darling, please stop. You’re making me blush. | 别说了 你使我难为情 |
[40:51] | But you’re right about Jack Fitzsimmons, he’s an absolute rat. | 你说得对 费杰克是小人 |
[40:55] | I guess, of course, I don’t really know anybody but rats. | 当然了 我认识的全是小人 |
[40:59] | Except, of course, Fred here. | 除了费特之外 |
[41:02] | You do think Fred is nice, don’t you, Sally? | 你认为费特很好吧 |
[41:04] | For you, I hope he is. | 为了你好 我希望他是的 |
[41:14] | Give me a kiss goodbye. | 跟我吻别吧 |
[41:18] | Goodbye, Uncle Sally. Till next week. | 沙利叔叔 再见了 下周再见 |
[41:22] | Goodbye, Uncle Sally. | 沙利叔叔 再见 |
[41:23] | Goodbye and don’t forget to send that book, eh? | 记得把书寄来 |
[41:25] | I won’t. | 一定 |
[41:29] | What about the weather report? | 天气报告如何 |
[41:31] | Oh, yes. | 对了 |
[41:32] | Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans. | 本周末新奥尔良会下一阵小雪 |
[41:41] | Snow flurries expected this weekend in New Orleans? | 本周末新奥尔良会下一阵小雪 |
[41:45] | Isn’t that just the weirdest? | 真古怪吧 |
[41:46] | I bet they haven’t had snow in New Orleans for a million years. | 我敢打赌新奥尔良好久没下雪 |
[41:50] | I don’t know how he thinks them up. | 真不知道他怎想出来的 |
[42:06] | Moon River | 月河 |
[42:09] | Wider than a mile | 相距何止一里 |
[42:13] | I’m crossing you in style | 我有一天 |
[42:17] | Some day | 与你相遇 |
[42:22] | Oh, dream maker | 做梦者 |
[42:27] | You heartbreaker | 令人心碎者 |
[42:31] | Wherever you’re going | 不管你往哪儿去 |
[42:36] | I’m going your way | 我也相随 |
[42:41] | Two drifters | 两个漂泊者 |
[42:45] | Off to see the world | 去看看这世界 |
[42:49] | There’s such a lot of world | 这世界缤纷灿烂 |
[42:54] | To see | 目不暇接 |
[42:58] | We’re after | 我们都追逐 |
[43:03] | The same | 相同的 |
[43:07] | Rainbow’s end | 梦想 |
[43:12] | Waiting ’round the bend | 在河曲处等候 |
[43:17] | My huckleberry friend | 我那顽童般的朋友 |
[43:22] | Moon River | 月河 |
[43:27] | And me | 和我 |
[43:42] | -What you doing? -Writing. | -你在干什么 -写作 |
[43:44] | Good. | 很好 |
[43:55] | Well, hello. | 你好 |
[43:58] | -What’s wrong? -I don’t know. | -怎么了 -我不知道 |
[44:01] | It’s probably nothing. | 也许没有什么 |
[44:05] | I want to see if he’s still there. | 我想看看他是否还在 |
[44:07] | See if who’s still there? What are you talking about? | 看谁是否还在 你说什么 |
[44:13] | Look. | 看 |
[44:22] | See? I noticed him yesterday afternoon. | 我昨天中午已留意到他 |
[44:26] | I didn’t say anything, I didn’t want to sound neurotic, | 我没说什么 免得像神经兮兮的 |
[44:30] | -but when he’s there again today. -Who do you think he is? | -但是他今天又在这儿 -你认为他是谁 |
[44:34] | It could be anybody, of course, but what crossed my mind was | 我也说不准 但我猜 |
[44:38] | suppose Bill’s having us watched, huh? | 也许比尔找人监视我们 |
[44:44] | Okay, I’ll take care of this. | 好吧 交给我应付 |
[44:47] | No. No, don’t. Please. | 不 别去 |
[44:50] | Look, if that’s what it is, you’ll only make everything worse. | 若我猜的没错 你只会令事情恶化 |
[44:53] | I’ll be careful. You wait here. | 我会小心的 你等我吧 |
[44:56] | Darling, please don’t. I don’t think you should. | 亲爱的 别去 你不该去 |
[44:58] | Now take it easy. | 别紧张 |
[45:00] | I just want to find out what this is all about. | 我想弄个明白而已 |
[46:48] | All right, what do you want? | 好了 你想怎样 |
[46:51] | Son, I need a friend. | 孩子 我需要一个朋友 |
[47:06] | That’s me. That’s her. | 这是我 这是她 |
[47:09] | That’s her brother Fred. | 这是她的弟弟费特 |
[47:20] | You’re Holly’s father? | 你是霍莉的父亲吗 |
[47:23] | Her name ain’t Holly. | 她不是叫霍莉 |
[47:25] | She was Lula Mae Barnes. | 她是巴雷美 |
[47:27] | Was till she married me. | 那是她婚前的姓名 |
[47:29] | I’m her husband, Doc Golightly. | 我是她的丈夫高医生 |
[47:34] | Paul Varjak. | 我是韦保罗 |
[47:37] | I’m a horse doctor. Animal man. | 我是医马的兽医 |
[47:40] | Do some farming, too, near Tulip, Texas. | 我也有务农 家在德州图利附近 |
[47:44] | Her brother Fred’s getting out of the army soon. | 她的弟弟快服完兵役 |
[47:46] | Lula Mae belongs home with her husband, | 雷美该与丈夫 |
[47:48] | her brother and her children. | 弟弟和孩子同住 |
[47:50] | Children? | 孩子 |
[47:53] | Them’s her children. | 她的孩子们 |
[47:54] | She’s got four children? | 她有四个孩子 |
[47:57] | Now, son, I didn’t claim they was her natural-born children. | 我没说他们是她的亲生孩子 |
[48:00] | Their own precious mother, precious woman, | 他们的生母 我的前妻 |
[48:03] | passed away July the 4th, Independence Day, 1955, | 在1955年7月4日逝世 |
[48:06] | the year of the drought. | 那年大旱 |
[48:08] | When I married Lula Mae, she was going on 14. | 雷美快14岁时嫁给了我 |
[48:11] | Now, you might think the average person going on 14, | 一般的14岁少年心智 |
[48:14] | wouldn’t know his own mind. | 还不成熟 |
[48:16] | But you take Lula Mae. | 但巴雷美可不是这样 |
[48:19] | She was an exceptional person. | 她是一个很特别的人 |
[48:25] | I’ll tell you, son, | 我跟你说 |
[48:27] | she just plumb broke our hearts when she run off like she done. | 当她离家出走时伤透我们的心 |
[48:30] | Just plain had no reason. | 她没有出走的理由 |
[48:33] | All the housework was done by her daughters. | 所有家务由女儿负责 |
[48:35] | Lula Mae could just take it easy. | 雷美可干得轻松 |
[48:38] | I tell you, that woman got positively fat, | 她长得很丰满 |
[48:41] | while her brother, he growed up into a giant. | 她的弟弟也长得高大 |
[48:45] | Which is a sight different from the way they come to us. | 跟他们初来我们家时两个样子 |
[48:48] | A couple of wild young’uns, they was. | 他们当时还是野孩子 |
[48:51] | I caught them outside the house stealing milk and turkey eggs. | 我抓到他们在偷牛奶和火鸡蛋 |
[48:54] | Lula Mae and her brother had been living | 他们曾在图利东部和一些 |
[48:57] | with some mean, no-account people about 100 mile east of Tulip. | 窝囊废生活 |
[49:00] | She had good cause to run off from that house. | 她有理由离开那个家 |
[49:03] | Never had none to leave mine. | 但没有理由离我们而去 |
[49:07] | What about her brother? Didn’t he leave, too? | 她的弟弟也走了吗 |
[49:10] | No, sir. We had Fred with us till they took him in the army. | 没有 我们收留费特 直至他被召入伍 |
[49:13] | That’s what I come to talk to her about. I had a letter from him. | 我为了此事来找她 我有他的信 |
[49:16] | He’s getting out of the army in February. | 他将在二月服完兵役 |
[49:17] | That’s why I got on a Greyhound bus to come to get her. | 所以我来找她 |
[49:20] | Lula Mae’s place is with her husband, her children, and her brother. | 雷美该与她的丈夫 孩子和弟弟同住 |
[49:27] | It’s the prize in the Cracker Jack. You want it? | 这是朱古力的赠品 你想要吗 |
[49:32] | Never could understand why that woman run off. | 不明白她为何离家出走 |
[49:36] | Don’t tell me she weren’t happy. | 别说她过得不快乐 |
[49:39] | Talky as a jaybird she was. | 她吱吱喳喳的说话 |
[49:41] | With something smart to say on every subject. | 而且言之有理 |
[49:43] | Better than the radio. | 比电台还厉害 |
[49:46] | The night I proposed, I cried like a baby. | 我向她求婚那晚上 我哭得像个婴孩 |
[49:48] | She said, “What you want to cry for, Doc? Of course we’ll be married. | 她说 你为什么哭 我们一定会结婚的 |
[49:51] | “I’ve never been married before.” | “我从没结过婚” |
[49:54] | Well, I had to laugh and to hug and to squeeze her. | 我大笑起来 紧抱着她 |
[49:58] | “Never been married before.” | “从没结过婚” |
[50:04] | Listen, son. I advised you I need a friend. | 我已说过 我需要一个朋友 |
[50:09] | ‘Cause I don’t want to surprise or scare her none. | 因为我不想吓她一跳 |
[50:12] | Be my friend. Let her know I’m here. | 当我的朋友 告诉她我来了 |
[50:23] | Will you do that for me, son? | 你可以帮我的忙吗 |
[50:30] | Yeah, sure, Doc. If that’s what you want. | 好的 只要你想这样 |
[50:34] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[50:47] | All right. | 好啦 |
[50:49] | Coming. | 来了 |
[50:54] | Oh, darling, I’m just on my way out. | 亲爱的 我正要外出 |
[50:56] | I was supposed to be at 21 half an hour ago. | 我该半小时前赴约 |
[50:59] | Maybe we can have a drink or something tomorrow, huh? | 我们明天一起喝一杯吧 |
[51:01] | Sure, Lula Mae, | 好的 雷美 |
[51:03] | if you’re still here tomorrow. | 若你明天还在这儿 |
[51:10] | Oh, please, where is he? | 告诉我 他在哪儿 |
[51:13] | Fred? | 费特 |
[51:16] | Fred? | 费特 |
[51:20] | Gosh. | 天啊 |
[51:21] | Lula Mae. | 雷美 |
[51:28] | Gee, honey, don’t they feed you up here? You’re so skinny. | 甜心 他们没给你好吃的吗 你很瘦呢 |
[51:38] | -Hi, Doc. -Gosh, Lula Mae. | -你好 医生 -雷美 |
[51:42] | Kingdom come. | 太好了 |
[52:44] | What is it? What’s the matter? Are you all right? | 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[52:46] | I guess so. No, I’m not. | 没事 不是的 |
[52:50] | -Fred, will you help me? -If I can. | -费特 你能帮我吗 -好的 |
[52:51] | I want you to come to the bus station with us, Doc and me. | 我想你陪我们到车站去 |
[52:54] | -What? -He still thinks I’m going back with him. | -什么 -他还以为我会跟他回去 |
[52:56] | I need support. I don’t think I can play this scene alone. | 我需要帮助 我不能独自应付他 |
[52:58] | Holly, what can I do? He’s your husband. | 霍莉 我能怎么做 他是你的丈夫 |
[53:00] | -No, he’s not. -He’s not? | -他不是 -他不是吗 |
[53:04] | It was annulled ages ago, but he just won’t accept it. | 这段婚姻早已无效 是他不肯接受现实 |
[53:06] | Please, Fred. I’ll tell him you’re coming to see us off. | 拜托你 我告诉他你来送别 |
[53:10] | Don’t say anything. | 别说什么 |
[53:13] | Just meet us out front in about an hour. Please? | 一小时后在大门外等 拜托你 |
[53:22] | You wait right here, honey. I’ll get the bag. | 你等我一会 我去取行李 |
[53:29] | Why don’t I get some magazines? | 我去买杂志 |
[53:31] | Please, Fred. Don’t leave me. | 费特 别丢下我 |
[53:33] | Attention, please. | 请注意 |
[53:35] | Leaving from platform five, through coach to Dallas, | 五号月台班车 将前往达拉斯 |
[53:38] | Philadelphia, Columbus, Indianapolis, Terre Haute, | 费城 哥伦布 印弟安纳 泰勒欧特 |
[53:40] | St. Louis, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Denison, Dallas. | 圣路易斯 陶沙 俄克拉荷马城 丹尼逊 达拉斯 |
[53:44] | Come on, Lula Mae. That’s us. | 雷美 来吧 是我们的车 |
[53:46] | Doc, I’m not coming with you. | 医生 我不会跟你走 |
[53:49] | Come on. Let’s walk together quietly and I’ll try and help you understand. | 我们去散步 让我跟你解释 |
[53:52] | Help me talk to him, Fred. | 费特 帮我劝劝他 |
[53:54] | It’s all right, son. | 没事的 |
[53:55] | I appreciate you wanna help, but it’s between Lula Mae and me. | 谢谢你的好意 但这是我们之间的事 |
[53:59] | Sure, Doc. | 医生 我明白 |
[54:03] | I love you, Lula Mae. | 雷美 我爱你 |
[54:06] | I know you do, and that’s just the trouble. | 我知道 这才令我烦恼 |
[54:08] | It’s a mistake you always made, Doc, trying to love a wild thing. | 你总犯这样的错 去爱野生不羁的动物 |
[54:12] | You were always lugging home wild things. | 你总把野生动物带回家 |
[54:15] | Once it was a hawk with a broken wing, | 有一次是一头折翼的鹰 |
[54:17] | and another time it was a full-grown wildcat with a broken leg. | 另一次是折肢的成年野猫 |
[54:20] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[54:22] | Lula Mae, there’s something. | 雷美 我有 |
[54:23] | You mustn’t give your heart to a wild thing. | 你不能爱野生不羁的动物 |
[54:25] | The more you do, the stronger they get. | 你越爱它们 它们越强壮 |
[54:27] | Until they’re strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree. | 最后它们有气力逃到树林和飞到树上 |
[54:31] | And then to a higher tree and then to the sky. | 然后便一飞冲天 |
[54:34] | Lula Mae, there’s something I got to tell you. | 雷美 我有话跟你说 |
[54:36] | A couple of weeks ago, I got a letter from young Fred. | 数周前 我收到费特的信 |
[54:39] | From Fred? He’s all right, isn’t he? | 费特 他没事吧 |
[54:43] | Yeah, he’s fine, I guess. | 我想他很好 |
[54:45] | He’s getting out of the army in February. | 他在二月便服完兵役 |
[54:47] | -That’s what he wrote to tell me. -In February? | -他在信中这么写 -二月吗 |
[54:51] | Well, that’s only four months. | 还有四个月而已 |
[54:52] | So you see, you got to come back with me, Lula Mae. | 所以你要跟我回去 雷美 |
[54:55] | Your place is with me and your children and your brother. | 你该与我 孩子和弟弟同住 |
[54:57] | Doc, you’ve got to understand. I can’t come back. | 医生 你要明白 我不能回去 |
[54:59] | And you got to understand what I’m trying to tell you. | 你也要明白我想说的话 |
[55:02] | Now, I don’t want to seem like I’m pressuring you none, but now I got to. | 我不想逼你 但我现在不这样不行 |
[55:05] | If you don’t come back with me, | 若你不回来 |
[55:06] | I’m gonna have to write young Fred and tell him that | 我便写信给费特 |
[55:08] | unless he wants to look out for hisself, he better sign up for another hitch. | 叫他再服役一段时间 |
[55:11] | Doc, don’t you do that. Don’t write that to him. | 你别这样 别写信给他 |
[55:14] | I’ll write him myself and tell him I want him here with me. | 我想他来跟我生活 |
[55:16] | I’ll take care of him. Don’t you worry. | 我会照顾他 别担心 |
[55:18] | You’re talking crazy, Lula Mae. | 雷美 你疯了 |
[55:20] | Doc, stop calling me that. I’m not Lula Mae anymore. | 别说了 我不再是雷美 |
[55:30] | All right, Lula Mae. | 好吧 雷美 |
[55:33] | I guess you know what you’re doing. | 我猜你知道你在做什么 |
[55:44] | Keep an eye on her, will you, son? | 孩子 请照顾她 |
[55:47] | At least see she eats something once in a while. | 至少确保她吃点东西 |
[55:50] | Sure, Doc. | 医生 好的 |
[55:54] | So skinny. | 她真瘦 |
[56:14] | Please, Doc. Please understand. | 医生 愿你明白 |
[56:18] | I love you, but I’m just not Lula Mae anymore. | 我爱你 但我已不是雷美 |
[56:25] | I’m not. | 再不是了 |
[57:04] | You know the terrible thing, Fred, darling? | 费特 你知道吗 |
[57:06] | I am still Lula Mae. | 最可怕的是我仍是雷美 |
[57:08] | Fourteen years old, stealing turkey eggs and running through a briar patch. | 那个十四岁 偷火鸡蛋 在田里奔走的雷美 |
[57:16] | But now I call it having the mean reds. | 但我现在却称那是心绪不宁的日子 |
[57:26] | Well, it’s still too early to go to Tiffany’s. | 现在到蒂凡尼还早呢 |
[57:29] | I guess the next best thing is a drink. | 那么我们去喝一杯 |
[57:32] | Yes, I very much need a drink. | 对 我很需要喝一杯 |
[57:35] | -Will you buy me one, Fred, darling? -Sure. | -你会请我喝酒吗 费特 -会 |
[57:40] | Only promise me one thing. Don’t take me home until I’m drunk. | 答应我一件事 不醉无归 |
[57:46] | Until I’m very drunk indeed. | 我要喝得很醉 |
[58:23] | Do you think she’s talented? | 你认为她很有天分吗 |
[58:26] | -Deeply and importantly talented? -No. | -极端和十分有天分吗 -不 |
[58:31] | Amusingly and superficially talented, yes, | 只是引人发笑和肤浅的天分 |
[58:33] | but deeply and importantly, no. | 不是极端和十分有天分 |
[58:59] | Gracious. | 真美 |
[59:02] | Do you think she’s handsomely paid? | 你认为她的收入很高吗 |
[59:08] | Oh, indeed. | 是的 |
[59:11] | Well, let me tell you something, mister. | 先生 让我告诉你一件事 |
[59:14] | If I had her money, I’d be richer than she is. | 若我有她的收入 我会比她富有 |
[59:17] | -How do you figure that? -Because I’d keep the candy store. | -为什么 -因为我会把糖果店留着 |
[59:21] | Old Sally Tomato. That’s my candy store. | 杜沙利就是我的糖果店 |
[59:25] | I’d always keep Sally. | 我把杜沙利留着 |
[59:27] | And that’s why I’d be richer than she is. | 所以我比她富有 |
[59:32] | We’d better get a little more air. | 我们去透透气吧 |
[59:44] | Tom, Dick, and Harry. No. Correction. | 汤姆 迪克和夏里 不 更正 |
[59:47] | Every Tom, Dick and Sid, Harry was his friend. | 该是汤姆 迪克和锡德 夏里是他的朋友 |
[59:52] | Anyway, every Tom, Dick and Sid thinks that if he takes a girl to dinner, | 那些阿猫阿狗以为邀女孩共进晚餐 |
[59:56] | she’ll just curl up like a kitten in a little furry ball at his feet, right? | 她便会乖乖的像一头小猫吗 |
[1:00:01] | I have by actual count been taken to dinner | 我在这两个月里 |
[1:00:04] | by 26 different rats in the last two months. | 便曾跟26个不同的小人共进晚餐 |
[1:00:08] | Twenty-seven, if you count Benny Shacklett, | 27个才对 若把超级小人 |
[1:00:10] | who is in many ways a super-rat. | 萨宾利算在内 |
[1:00:12] | -I think I forgot my key. -Never mind. I just buzzed Yunioshi. | -我忘了带钥匙 -不要紧 按雄志的门铃 |
[1:00:17] | Do you wanna know something funny? | 我告诉你一件趣事吧 |
[1:00:19] | In spite of the fact that most of these rats fork up | 虽然大部分小人 |
[1:00:22] | $50 for the powder room like little dolls, | 都给我50块钱上化妆室 |
[1:00:26] | I find I have again by actual count $9 less in the old bank account | 但我的户口还是比六个月前 |
[1:00:31] | than I had six months ago. | 少了九块钱 |
[1:00:34] | So, my darling Fred, | 费特 |
[1:00:36] | I have tonight made a very serious decision. | 我今晚下了重要决定 |
[1:00:39] | And what is that? | 什么决定 |
[1:00:42] | No longer will I play the field. | 我不再乱交情人 |
[1:00:45] | -Congratulations. -The field stinks | -恭喜你 -在经济和社交上而言 |
[1:00:48] | both economically and socially. | 这做法太差劲 |
[1:00:51] | And I’m giving it up. | 所以我决定放弃 |
[1:00:54] | Miss Golightly, this time I’m not only calling the police, | 高小姐 我这次不只叫警察 |
[1:00:57] | but the fire department and the New York State Housing Commission, | 还有消防处和纽约州房屋委员会 |
[1:01:01] | and, if necessary, the Board of Health! | 必要时还有卫生局 |
[1:01:03] | Quiet up there. You want to wake the whole house? | 别吵 你要把全部人吵醒吗 |
[1:01:08] | As Miss Golightly was saying before she was so rudely interrupted. | 正如高小姐在被无礼打断前所说 |
[1:01:13] | Miss Golightly further announces her intention | 高小姐宣布计划 |
[1:01:17] | to devote her many considerable talents | 把不算少的天分投资在 |
[1:01:20] | to the immediate capture, for the purpose of matrimony | 为了结婚的关系 要即时俘虏 |
[1:01:24] | of Mr. Rutherford. | 托先生 |
[1:01:27] | Rusty to his friends, of whom I’m sure he has many. | 他的朋友称他拉斯 我知道他有很多朋友 |
[1:01:32] | -Trawler. -Who? | -托拉斯 -谁 |
[1:01:35] | Rusty Trawler. You met him at my party a couple of weeks ago. | 托拉斯 你数周前在派对上见过他 |
[1:01:39] | He came with Mag Wildwood. | 他和怀玛吉同来 |
[1:01:41] | Not the beautiful Latin type. | 不是英俊拉丁男子 |
[1:01:44] | The other one, the one that looks like a pig. | 是另一个 长得像头猪那个 |
[1:01:48] | Remember? | 记得吗 |
[1:01:49] | The ninth-richest man in America under 50? | 美国五十岁以下富翁榜中排名第九 |
[1:01:58] | Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye? | 我感到你有反对的眼光 |
[1:02:03] | Tough beans, buddy, ’cause that’s the way it’s gonna be. | 很遗憾 事情就是这样 |
[1:02:06] | Hi, cat. | 猫咪 你好 |
[1:02:08] | Holly, you’re drunk. | 霍莉 你醉了 |
[1:02:11] | True. | 没错 |
[1:02:13] | -Absolutely true. True, but irrelevant. -What are you doing? | -说得很对 但无关重要 -你做什么 |
[1:02:18] | So I think we should have a drink | 我们该为新任的 |
[1:02:21] | to the new Mrs. Rusty Trawler. | 托拉斯太太干杯 |
[1:02:24] | -Me. -Hey, take it easy. | -那就是我 -慢慢来 |
[1:02:27] | What’s the matter, don’t you think I can do it? | 怎么了 你以为我做不来吗 |
[1:02:31] | Tell me. Seriously, I’m interested. Don’t you think I can? | 认真的告诉我 你以为我做不来吗 |
[1:02:34] | You heard the Doc. | 你听到医生怎说 |
[1:02:36] | My brother gets out of the army in February | 弟弟快服完兵役 |
[1:02:38] | and the Doc won’t take him back. So it’s all up to me. | 医生不会收留他 只有靠我了 |
[1:02:42] | I don’t know why you don’t understand. | 我不知道你为何不明白 |
[1:02:45] | I need money, and I’ll do whatever I have to do to get it. | 我需要钱 我会不惜一切赚钱 |
[1:02:50] | So, | 所以 |
[1:02:51] | this time next month, I’ll be the new Mrs. Rusty Trawler. | 下个月我便会成为新任托拉斯太太 |
[1:02:58] | And I think we should have a little drink to that. | 我们喝一杯庆祝 |
[1:03:01] | It’s all gone. Isn’t that too bad? | 喝光了 真可惜 |
[1:03:07] | Got any whiskey upstairs? | 你家有威士忌吗 |
[1:03:10] | -But you’ve had enough. -Go ahead. Get the whiskey. | -你已经喝很多了 -快去拿酒来 |
[1:03:14] | I’ll pay you for it. | 我会给你钱 |
[1:03:19] | -Holly, please. -No, no, you disapprove of me | -霍莉 别这样 -不 你反对我 |
[1:03:23] | and I do not accept drinks from gentlemen who disapprove of me. | 我不接受反对我的男人请我喝酒 |
[1:03:27] | I’ll pay for my own whiskey and don’t you forget it. | 我有钱买酒 你可别忘了 |
[1:03:30] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[1:03:32] | I do not accept drinks from disapproving gentlemen. | 我不接受反对我的男人请我喝酒 |
[1:03:35] | Especially not disapproving gentlemen who are kept by other ladies. | 尤其是已有情人的和反对我的男人 |
[1:03:40] | So take it. | 拿着 |
[1:03:42] | You should be used to taking money from ladies by now. | 你已习惯收下女人给的钱吧 |
[1:03:52] | If I were you, I’d be more careful with my money. | 若我是你 我会小心用钱 |
[1:03:55] | Rusty Trawler is too hard a way of earning it. | 下嫁托拉斯不是赚钱捷径 |
[1:04:01] | It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. | 你有四秒时间滚蛋 |
[1:04:07] | I’ll give you two. | 我只给你两秒 |
[1:05:26] | I’ve come up to talk to you about the other night, | 我想和你谈那晚的事 |
[1:05:28] | then I saw the paper, and. | 然后看到报章 |
[1:05:31] | Well, actually, I’m kind of embarrassed about it, | 我也有点尴尬 |
[1:05:35] | but since it concerns you, I thought I ought to talk to you about it in person. | 但既然此事与你有关 便该亲自跟你说 |
[1:05:39] | What? | 什么 |
[1:05:41] | What? | 什么 |
[1:05:44] | The earplugs. | 是耳塞 |
[1:05:47] | I can’t go through the whole thing again. | 我不想再说一遍了 |
[1:05:49] | It’s sufficient to say, I’ve come to make up. | 我来跟你和好的 |
[1:05:51] | And as an added inducement, I have all kinds of news. | 而且我有不少消息 |
[1:05:54] | Can I come in? | 我可以进来吗 |
[1:05:57] | I guess so. Just a minute. Do I have a nightgown on? | 可以 慢着 我穿了睡袍吗 |
[1:06:02] | No, I don’t. Would you mind turning around for a second? | 没有 你可以转身一会吗 |
[1:06:04] | Oh, never mind. It’s such a corny line anyway. | 算了吧 那只是陈旧的对白 |
[1:06:07] | I’ll turn around myself. | 我转身好了 |
[1:06:09] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[1:06:12] | Have you seen the paper? | 你看过报纸了没有 |
[1:06:16] | Rusty, you mean? | 你是说拉斯的新闻 |
[1:06:18] | Yes. I know all about it. | 我早知道 |
[1:06:20] | Certainly had him pegged wrong, didn’t I? | 我看错他了 是吗 |
[1:06:24] | I thought he was just a rat, but he was a super-rat all along. | 我以为他只是小人 但他原来是超级小人 |
[1:06:29] | A super-rat in rat’s clothing. | 装成小人的超级小人 |
[1:06:32] | You don’t even know the best part. | 还有更精彩的 |
[1:06:35] | Not only was he a rat, or a super-rat, rather, | 他不但是超级小人 |
[1:06:37] | he was also broke. | 他还身无分文 |
[1:06:40] | Broke. I mean, but not a farthing. | 身无分文 一毛钱也没有 |
[1:06:44] | His family has money, of course, but he personally is broke. | 他的家族当然富有 但他却身无分文 |
[1:06:47] | It turns out he owes $700,000. | 原来他欠下七十万元 |
[1:06:51] | Can you imagine anyone owing $700,000? | 能想像有人欠下七十万元吗 |
[1:06:55] | $43, yes. | 欠43元还可以 |
[1:06:58] | Anyway, that’s why he decided to marry the queen of the pig people. | 结果他决定和一头母猪结婚 |
[1:07:03] | I’ll tell you one thing, Fred, darling, | 费特 我要告诉你 |
[1:07:06] | I’d marry you for your money in a minute. | 我可以为了钱马上和你结婚 |
[1:07:08] | -Would you marry me for my money? -In a minute. | -你会为了钱和我结婚吗 -马上 |
[1:07:13] | So I guess it’s pretty lucky neither of us is rich, huh? | 幸好我们都是穷光蛋 |
[1:07:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:07:19] | Fred, darling, I’m so glad to see you. | 费特 见到你就好 |
[1:07:27] | What have you been doing? | 你最近忙什么 |
[1:07:30] | Writing, mostly. | 大多是写作 |
[1:07:34] | Sold a story. Just got word this morning. | 我售出了一个作品 今早有回音 |
[1:07:37] | Oh, that’s marvelous. It really is. | 真的太好了 |
[1:07:42] | But. | 但是 |
[1:07:43] | Only how does your decorator friend feel about it? | 你的室内设计师朋友认为如何 |
[1:07:45] | I thought you were supposed to be saving yourself and all of that? | 我还以为你该储蓄呢 |
[1:07:49] | You know something? | 你知道吗 |
[1:07:50] | I haven’t got around to telling her about it yet. | 我还没告诉她 |
[1:07:53] | Look, why don’t we go out and have a drink | 我们去喝酒 |
[1:07:55] | or take a walk or something to celebrate? | 散步作庆祝吧 |
[1:07:57] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:07:58] | I think there’s some champagne in the icebox. | 冰箱里还有香槟 |
[1:08:00] | Why don’t you open it while I get dressed? | 你把它开了吧 我去更衣 |
[1:08:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:08:04] | I don’t think I’ve ever drunk champagne before breakfast before. | 我从没试过在吃早餐前喝香槟 |
[1:08:09] | With breakfast on several occasions. | 曾试过吃早餐时喝 |
[1:08:12] | But never before, before. | 但从没试过在早餐前喝 |
[1:08:13] | Now I’ve got a wonderful idea. | 我有个好主意 |
[1:08:15] | We can spend a whole day doing things we’ve never done before. | 我们整天去做些从没做过的事 |
[1:08:18] | We’ll take turns. First something you’ve never done, then me. | 首先是你 然后是我 |
[1:08:22] | Of course, I can’t really think of anything I’ve never done. | 我可想不到有什么我没做过 |
[1:08:42] | I’ve never been for a walk in the morning before. | 自从来了纽约后 |
[1:08:44] | At least not since I’ve been in New York. | 我没试过在早上散步 |
[1:08:46] | I’ve walked up Fifth Avenue at 6:00, | 我曾在六点在第五大道上走 |
[1:08:48] | but as far as I’m concerned, that’s still night. | 但那时还是晚上 |
[1:08:50] | -Do you think it counts? -Sure it counts. Now we’re even. | -这个也算吗 -当然 我们扯平了 |
[1:09:07] | -Don’t you just love it? -Love what? | -你喜欢吗 -喜欢什么 |
[1:09:10] | Tiffany’s. | 蒂凡尼 |
[1:09:21] | Isn’t it wonderful? | 它不是很棒吗 |
[1:09:23] | You see what I mean how nothing bad could ever happen to you | 这儿不会发生 |
[1:09:26] | in a place like this? | 什么坏事 |
[1:09:27] | It isn’t that I give a hoot about jewelry, except diamonds, of course. | 我不是看不起珠宝 当然除了钻石外 |
[1:09:32] | Like that. | 像这个 |
[1:09:40] | What do you think? | 你认为如何 |
[1:09:42] | Well. | 那个 |
[1:09:45] | Of course, personally, I think it would be tacky to wear diamonds before I’m 40. | 我认为40岁前戴钻石有点俗气 |
[1:09:49] | Well, you’re right. But in the meantime, you should have something. | 对 但你现在该拥有什么 |
[1:09:53] | I’ll wait. | 我会等的 |
[1:09:54] | No. I’m gonna buy you a present. | 不 我送你一份礼物 |
[1:09:57] | You bought me one, a typewriter ribbon, and it brought me luck. | 你送的色带给我好运 |
[1:10:00] | All right, but Tiffany’s can be pretty expensive. | 但蒂凡尼的东西很贵 |
[1:10:02] | I’ve got my check and $10. | 我有支票和十块钱 |
[1:10:04] | Oh, I wouldn’t let you cash your check. | 你不能把支票兑现 |
[1:10:07] | But a present for $10 or under, that I’ll accept. | 但我会接受十块钱或以下的礼物 |
[1:10:11] | Of course, I don’t exactly know what we’re going to find at Tiffany’s for $10. | 不知道蒂凡尼有什么东西会在十块钱以下 |
[1:10:25] | May I help you? | 可以为你效劳吗 |
[1:10:26] | Perhaps. Actually, we were looking for a present for the lady. | 也许吧 我们为这小姐找份礼物 |
[1:10:29] | Certainly, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[1:10:31] | Is there something special you had in mind? | 你有什么想要的 |
[1:10:34] | Well, we had considered diamonds. | 我们曾考虑过钻石 |
[1:10:37] | Now, I don’t want to offend you, | 我无意冒犯 |
[1:10:38] | but the lady feels that diamonds are tacky for her. | 但她认为钻石太俗气 |
[1:10:42] | Oh, I think they’re divine on older women, | 我认为年长点戴钻石才好看 |
[1:10:45] | but I don’t think they’d be right for me. You do understand? | 只是不适合我而已 你知道吗 |
[1:10:47] | Certainly. | 是的 |
[1:10:49] | In all fairness, I think I ought to explain. There’s also a secondary problem. | 我还要解释一下 我有另一个问题 |
[1:10:53] | One of finance. | 是财政问题 |
[1:10:54] | We can only afford to spend a limited amount. | 我们的预算不多 |
[1:10:58] | -May I ask how limited? -$10. | -请问有多少 -十元 |
[1:11:03] | $10? | 十元 |
[1:11:04] | That was the outside figure, yes. | 这是上限 |
[1:11:07] | I see. | 原来这样 |
[1:11:09] | Do you have anything for $10? | 你有十元的礼物吗 |
[1:11:10] | Well, frankly, madam, within that price range | 这个价钱的货品 |
[1:11:13] | the variety of merchandise is rather limited. | 选择有限 |
[1:11:15] | However, I do think we might have, let me see. | 但应该也有的 让我看看 |
[1:11:19] | Strictly as a novelty, you understand. | 是新款小巧的东西 |
[1:11:21] | For the lady and gentleman who has everything, | 给已拥有一切的人 |
[1:11:25] | a sterling silver telephone dialer, | 这是银制的电话拨号棒 |
[1:11:28] | at $6.75, including tax. | 加上税6.75元 |
[1:11:30] | A sterling silver telephone dialer. | 银制的电话拨号棒 |
[1:11:33] | Yes, sir. At $6.75, including federal tax. | 是的 加上税6.75元 |
[1:11:37] | Well, the price is right, but I must say, | 价格很适合 但是 |
[1:11:40] | I’d rather hoped for something slightly more, how shall I say it, | 我想要一些比较 该怎么说 |
[1:11:44] | romantic in feeling. | 浪漫一点的 |
[1:11:46] | What do you think? | 你认为呢 |
[1:11:48] | As sterling silver telephone dialers go, | 作为一个银制的电话拨号棒 |
[1:11:50] | I certainly think it’s handsome, but, well, you do understand? | 它的设计不错 你明白吗 |
[1:11:54] | Well, we tried, but I guess. | 我们找过了 但是我想 |
[1:11:57] | We could have something engraved, couldn’t we? | 可以替我们刻字吗 |
[1:11:59] | Yes, I suppose so. | 可以的 |
[1:12:01] | Yes, indeed. | 当然可以 |
[1:12:03] | The only problem is, you would more or less have to buy something first | 但你们要先买点东西 |
[1:12:06] | if only in order to have some object upon which to place the engraving. | 才可以在那货品上刻字 |
[1:12:11] | You see the difficulty. | 希望你明白 |
[1:12:13] | Well. | 那么 |
[1:12:15] | We could have this engraved, couldn’t we? | 我们可以在上面刻字 |
[1:12:17] | I think it would be very smart. | 应该很好看 |
[1:12:20] | This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany’s? | 这不是在蒂凡尼买的吧 |
[1:12:24] | No. | 不是 |
[1:12:25] | Actually, it was purchased concurrent with. | 这是在 |
[1:12:27] | Well, actually, it came inside of, | 事实上这是 |
[1:12:31] | well, a box of Cracker Jack. | 朱古力的赠品 |
[1:12:33] | I see. | 原来如此 |
[1:12:36] | Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes? | 现在的朱古力还有赠品吗 |
[1:12:40] | -Oh, yes. -That’s nice to know. | -是的 -那就好了 |
[1:12:44] | It gives one a feeling of solidarity | 这使人觉得 |
[1:12:47] | almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing. | 旧日子没变 |
[1:12:50] | Do you think Tiffany’s would really engrave it for us? | 蒂凡尼能替我们刻字吗 |
[1:12:52] | I mean, you don’t think they would feel it was beneath them | 他们不会觉得 |
[1:12:54] | or anything like that? | 这东西不值一顾 |
[1:12:56] | Well, it is rather unusual, madam. | 这情况并不常见 |
[1:12:58] | But I think you’ll find that Tiffany’s is very understanding. | 但蒂凡尼是很周到的 |
[1:13:02] | If you would tell me what initials you would like, | 请把名字缩写告诉我 |
[1:13:04] | I think we could have something ready for you in the morning. | 明早便会做好 |
[1:13:10] | Didn’t I tell you this was a lovely place? | 我早说过这是个好地方 |
[1:13:34] | What is this place, anyway? | 这是什么地方 |
[1:13:36] | You said you wanted to sit down. It’s the public library. | 你想坐一会儿 这是公众图书馆 |
[1:13:39] | -You’ve never been here? -No. That makes two for me. | -你从没来过吗 -对 我做了两件没做过的事 |
[1:13:42] | -I don’t see any books. -They’re in there. | -我看不见书 -全在里边 |
[1:13:50] | See? | 看见吗 |
[1:13:56] | Each one of these little drawers is stuffed with little cards. | 这些抽屉全塞满了小卡片 |
[1:13:59] | And each little card is a book or an author. | 上面写了书名或作者名字 |
[1:14:02] | I think that’s fascinating. | 太有趣了 |
[1:14:05] | V-A-R-J-A-K. | 韦 |
[1:14:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[1:14:11] | Look. Isn’t it marvelous? | 看 很棒吧 |
[1:14:14] | There you are, right in the public library. | 你的名字在图书馆里 |
[1:14:17] | “Varjak, Paul. Nine Lives.” | “九命 韦保罗著” |
[1:14:20] | And then a lot of numbers. | 然后是一堆数字 |
[1:14:22] | Do you think they really have the book itself, live? | 这儿有这本书吗 |
[1:14:25] | Sure. Follow me. | 有 跟我来 |
[1:14:36] | Number 57. That’s us. | 57号 该我们了 |
[1:14:40] | Fifty-seven, please. Nine Lives by Varjak, Paul. | 57号请来 “九命 韦保罗著” |
[1:14:44] | Did you ever read it? It’s absolutely marvelous. | 你读过了吗 很棒的 |
[1:14:46] | -No, I’m afraid I haven’t. -Well, you should. He wrote it. | -我没有 -你该看看 是他写的 |
[1:14:50] | He’s Varjak, Paul, in person. | 他是韦保罗 |
[1:14:52] | She doesn’t believe me. | 她不相信我 |
[1:14:54] | Show her your driver’s license or Diner’s Club card or something. | 把你的驾驶执照或信用卡给她看 |
[1:14:58] | Honest, he really is the author. Cross my heart and kiss my elbow. | 他是作者 我可以发誓 |
[1:15:02] | Would you kindly lower your voice, miss? | 请小声点说话 小姐 |
[1:15:04] | Why don’t you autograph it to them? | 你来签名吧 |
[1:15:06] | Don’t you think it’d be nice? Sort of make it more personal? | 那样不是很好吗 更个人化了 |
[1:15:08] | Really, miss. | 小姐 请你 |
[1:15:10] | Go ahead. Don’t be so stuck up, autograph it to them. | 快签名 别犹疑 替他们签吧 |
[1:15:13] | All right, what shall I say? | 好吧 该写些什么 |
[1:15:15] | Something sentimental, I think. | 写点感性的句子 |
[1:15:18] | What are you doing? Stop that! | 你做什么 住手 |
[1:15:20] | -You’re defacing public property. -Well, all right, if that’s the way you feel. | -你破坏公物呢 -你要这样想也没办法 |
[1:15:24] | Come on, Fred, darling. Let’s get out of here. | 费特 我们走吧 |
[1:15:26] | I don’t think this place is half as nice as Tiffany’s. | 这儿还比不上蒂凡尼那么好 |
[1:15:43] | Hey, did you ever steal anything from a five-and-ten | 你小时候曾在 |
[1:15:46] | when you were a kid, I mean? | 廉价店偷东西吗 |
[1:15:47] | No. I’m the sensitive, bookish type. Did you? | 没有 我是好好读书那类 你呢 |
[1:15:51] | I used to. I still do every now and then, sort of to keep my hand in. | 有 我现在有时也偷 免得技术生疏 |
[1:15:55] | Come on. Don’t be chicken. | 来 别胆小 |
[1:15:57] | Anyway, you’ve never done it, and it’s your turn. | 你从没做过 现在该你了 |
[1:18:49] | I can’t see. | 我看不到路了 |
[1:20:24] | Hi, cat. | 猫咪 |
[1:20:26] | Lady of the house at home? | 女主人在家吗 |
[1:20:29] | Holly? | 霍莉 |
[1:20:32] | Holly? | 霍莉 |
[1:21:00] | Trick or treat. | 不请吃糖便捣蛋 |
[1:21:02] | You’re crazy. You know that, don’t you? But I love you anyway. | 你很疯狂 你知道吗 但我仍爱你 |
[1:21:07] | -2-E. -Yeah? | -2E -什么事 |
[1:21:10] | I’ve got to talk to you. | 我有话对你说 |
[1:21:13] | All right. | 说吧 |
[1:21:20] | You want a drink? | 你要喝点什么 |
[1:21:27] | If this is going to be a serious discussion | 若这是要事 |
[1:21:29] | and suddenly I’m terribly afraid it is | 我担心的是 |
[1:21:32] | you’re going to have to take off that ridiculous mask | 那么你要脱下那可笑的面具 |
[1:21:35] | or else I’m going to have to wear one, too. | 否则我也要戴上面具 |
[1:21:38] | 2-E, look, please. | 2E 别开玩笑了 |
[1:21:46] | What’s the matter? Girl trouble? | 什么事 爱情烦恼吗 |
[1:21:51] | Is that it, darling? | 是这个吧 亲爱的 |
[1:21:54] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:21:58] | Well, that’s not so serious. | 这不算严重 |
[1:22:01] | As a matter of fact, I’ve been expecting it. | 事实上我已有心理准备 |
[1:22:04] | I can’t say I like it, but I’ve been expecting it. | 我不喜欢这样 但我已有心理准备 |
[1:22:08] | -Who is she? -Hasn’t got anything to do with her. | -她是谁 -这事与她无关 |
[1:22:14] | This is between you and me. | 只是我们的事 |
[1:22:16] | Then it is serious. | 那么这很严重了 |
[1:22:19] | Well, now. | 怎么了 |
[1:22:20] | 2-E, you’re a very stylish girl. | 2E 你是时髦的女子 |
[1:22:24] | Can’t we end this stylishly? | 我们可以用时髦的方式结束吗 |
[1:22:28] | -End it? -Yes. | -结束 -对 |
[1:22:32] | Well. | 是吗 |
[1:22:37] | I do believe love has found Andy Hardy. | 相信爱神真的来了 |
[1:22:42] | Let’s see, | 让我猜 |
[1:22:43] | a waitress? | 是女侍应生吗 |
[1:22:45] | A salesgirl? | 售货员 |
[1:22:47] | No. She’d have to be someone rich, wouldn’t she, Paul? | 不 她一定是很富有的 对不 |
[1:22:51] | Someone who could help you. | 可以扶助你的人 |
[1:22:54] | Curiously enough, | 有趣的是 |
[1:22:59] | she’s a girl who can’t help anyone, not even herself. | 她谁也帮不了 连自身也难保 |
[1:23:03] | Thing is, I can help her, and it’s a nice feeling for a change. | 但我可以帮她 这种改变的感觉很好 |
[1:23:10] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:23:12] | I understand. | 我很明白 |
[1:23:17] | I’ll tell you what, Paul. | 告诉你吧 |
[1:23:19] | I am a very stylish girl. | 我是时髦女子 |
[1:23:22] | -What are you doing? -Writing a check. | -你干什么 -写支票 |
[1:23:28] | Don’t look so bewildered. | 别那么困惑的样子 |
[1:23:29] | Surely you’ve noticed me writing checks before. | 你看过我写支票的 |
[1:23:32] | “Pay to the order of Paul Varjak, $1,000.” | “祈付韦保罗一千元” |
[1:23:37] | Take her away somewhere for a week. | 带她度假一个星期吧 |
[1:23:41] | You’re entitled to a vacation with pay. | 你该获得一次付薪假期的 |
[1:23:44] | Simply a matter of fair labor practice, darling. | 这是公平的劳工法 亲爱的 |
[1:23:46] | Of course, if you were really smart, | 若你聪明点 |
[1:23:48] | you’d get some of the other boys together and organize a union. | 便该跟其他男人组成工会 |
[1:23:51] | That way you’d get all the fringe benefits, | 那么便能有全部福利 |
[1:23:53] | hospitalization, a pension plan, | 住院福利 退休计划 |
[1:23:56] | and unemployment insurance when you’re, | 失业保障 好应付 |
[1:24:00] | how shall I put it, between engagements? | 该怎么说 等待受聘期间的日子 |
[1:24:07] | Thanks for making it easier for me. | 谢谢你为我着想 |
[1:24:11] | Don’t be ridiculous, darling. | 别胡闹了 |
[1:24:13] | Take the check. | 拿着支票 |
[1:24:15] | And call your girl. | 找你的女朋友吧 |
[1:24:17] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢了 |
[1:24:19] | I’ve got a check of my own. | 我也有支票 |
[1:24:23] | When you get yourself a new writer to help | 当你要找一个新作家时 |
[1:24:26] | try and find one my size. | 找个跟我身材相若的 |
[1:24:29] | That way you won’t have to even shorten the sleeves. | 那么便不用把袖子改短 |
[1:25:24] | Holly! | 霍莉 |
[1:25:26] | Holly! | 霍莉 |
[1:25:28] | Holly! | 霍莉 |
[1:25:30] | Holly! | 霍莉 |
[1:25:35] | -What are you doing? -Excuse me. | -你做什么 -对不起 |
[1:25:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:25:40] | You look just like a girl I know named Holly. | 你像我的朋友霍莉 |
[1:25:43] | Really? | 真是的 |
[1:25:46] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:26:25] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[1:26:28] | I want to talk to you. | 我想跟你谈谈 |
[1:26:31] | I’m busy. | 我很忙碌 |
[1:26:35] | -What are you doing? -Reading. | -你干什么 -看书 |
[1:26:39] | “South America: Land of Wealth and Promise”? | “南美 财富及希望之地” |
[1:26:43] | It’s very interesting. | 很有趣的 |
[1:26:46] | Let’s get out of here. | 走吧 |
[1:26:50] | I said let’s get out of here. I want to talk to you. | 走吧 我有话对你说 |
[1:26:56] | What’s the matter with you, anyway? What’s happened? | 你怎么了 发生什么事了 |
[1:27:00] | Fred, will you please just leave me alone? | 费特 求你别管我吧 |
[1:27:04] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[1:27:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:27:14] | -Where are you going? -To the ladies’ room. | -你去哪儿 -上洗手间 |
[1:27:20] | -What’s the matter with you, anyway? -Let me go. | -你怎么了 -放开我 |
[1:27:22] | -No. -Fred, please let me go. | -不 -费特 放开我吧 |
[1:27:24] | Let’s get something straight. | 先弄清楚一件事 |
[1:27:25] | I am not now, nor have I ever been, Fred. | 我根本不是费特 |
[1:27:28] | Nor am I Benny Shacklett, whoever he may be. | 我也不是萨宾利 |
[1:27:30] | My name is Paul, Paul Varjak, and I love you. | 我是韦保罗 我爱你 |
[1:27:33] | -Let me go. -Not till we get this settled. | -放开我吧 -不说清楚不放 |
[1:27:34] | Now what’s all this jazz about South America? | 南美是怎么一回事 |
[1:27:38] | I thought if I’m going to marry a South American, | 若我要下嫁南美人 |
[1:27:40] | I’d better find out something about the country. | 我需要了解那个国家 |
[1:27:42] | -Marry? What South American? -Jose. | -下嫁什么南美人 -荷西 |
[1:27:46] | -Who the hell is Jose? -Jose da Silva Pereira. | -哪个荷西 -柏荷西 |
[1:27:48] | Who the hell’s Jose da Silva Pereira? | 柏荷西是谁 |
[1:27:50] | Darling, you met him. I know you did. Mag Wildwood’s friend. | 你见过他 是怀玛吉的朋友 |
[1:27:53] | The tall, good-looking one who came to the party with Rusty? | 跟拉斯一起来派对的那个英俊高个子吗 |
[1:27:56] | Well, my dear, you won’t believe this, | 你不会相信的 |
[1:27:58] | but it turns out not only is he handsome and wildly rich, | 他不但英俊富有 |
[1:28:01] | he’s absolutely cuckoo for me. | 他还对我着迷 |
[1:28:04] | -You’re crazy. -What? Do you think you own me? | -你疯了 -你以为你拥有我吗 |
[1:28:06] | That’s exactly what I think. | 是的 |
[1:28:08] | I know, I know. That’s what everybody always thinks, | 我知道 大家都这样想 |
[1:28:10] | but everybody happens to be wrong. | 但他们全错了 |
[1:28:11] | Look, I am not everybody. | 我不是他们 |
[1:28:15] | Or am I? | 还是我是 |
[1:28:19] | Is that what you really think? | 你是这样想吧 |
[1:28:22] | That I’m no different from all your other rats and super-rats? | 我和那些小人没分别 |
[1:28:26] | Wait a minute. | 等一会 |
[1:28:29] | If that’s it, | 若你 |
[1:28:32] | if that’s what you really think, | 若你真的这样想 |
[1:28:35] | there’s something I want to give you. | 我有点东西给你 |
[1:28:41] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[1:28:43] | $50 for the powder room. | 上化妆间的50块钱 |
[1:29:18] | I wouldn’t ask you in, except the place is in such a mess. | 我不敢邀你进来 |
[1:29:20] | -I couldn’t bear to face it alone. -You have a message. | -但我不能独自面对混乱的房子 -有口讯给你 |
[1:29:23] | No. | 别动 |
[1:29:28] | Olé. | 真棒 |
[1:29:46] | Good evening, Mr. Yunioshi. | 雄志先生 晚上好 |
[1:29:52] | Good evening, Paul. | 保罗 晚上好 |
[1:29:53] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[1:29:56] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[1:30:13] | Please, you must help me. | 请来帮忙 |
[1:30:22] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[1:30:24] | Holly. Holly. | 霍莉 霍莉 |
[1:30:32] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[1:30:33] | -Holly. Holly. -Let me go. No! | -霍莉 霍莉 -放开我 不要 |
[1:30:35] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[1:30:36] | -Holly. -Fred. Fred. | -霍莉 -费特 费特 |
[1:30:40] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[1:31:01] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[1:31:10] | Fred. | 费特 |
[1:31:14] | Fred. | 费特 |
[1:31:24] | -What did you do to her? -Nothing. | -你对她做了什么 -什么也没做过 |
[1:31:26] | There was a telegram, and then this. | 她看过电报后便这样 |
[1:31:28] | Crashing everything, conducting like a crazy. It’s appalling. | 打破东西 像疯了一样 |
[1:31:32] | I can’t have a public scandal. It’s too delicate. | 我不能惹上绯闻 这样很棘手 |
[1:31:35] | My name, my position, my family. | 我的声誉 地位 家族 |
[1:31:37] | Will there be the police again, do you think? | 警察会再来吗 |
[1:31:39] | I don’t see why. There’s no law against busting up your own apartment. | 不会 在家里捣乱并不犯法 |
[1:31:43] | -Where is the telegram? -There it is. | -电报在哪儿 -在那儿 |
[1:31:53] | “Received notice. Young Fred killed | “收到通知说 费特” |
[1:31:59] | “in jeep accident, Fort Riley, Kansas. | “在堪萨斯州赖利堡的吉普车意外中死亡” |
[1:32:02] | “Your husband and children join in the sorrow of our mutual loss. | “你的丈夫和孩子为此难过” |
[1:32:08] | “Letter following. Love, Doc.” | “信件稍后附上 爱你的医生” |
[1:32:12] | Her brother Fred. | 是她的弟弟费特 |
[1:32:17] | This brother, was she very close to him? | 他们很亲密吗 |
[1:32:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:32:23] | What can one do? | 有什么可做的 |
[1:32:26] | Try to help her. | 尝试帮她 |
[1:32:28] | I tried. It didn’t do much good. | 我尝试过了 但没有作用 |
[1:32:32] | You got a ranch or something down in Brazil, don’t you? | 你在巴西有牧场吗 |
[1:32:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:32:36] | That’s good. She’ll like that. | 那就好了 她喜欢这样 |
[1:32:41] | Well, you better get in there. | 那么你进去吧 |
[1:34:12] | -Hi. -Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:34:14] | Got your wire. How did you know where to reach me? | 我收到电报 你怎找到我 |
[1:34:17] | Oh, I tried everything. Called people, asked around, | 我用尽方法 四处打听 |
[1:34:19] | and suddenly thought of looking in the phone book. | 突然想起电话簿 |
[1:34:21] | Anyway, I’m glad you could come. | 你能来 我很高兴 |
[1:34:26] | -You look fine. -You think so? | -你很漂亮 -你认为是吗 |
[1:34:28] | I’m fat as a pig, and I haven’t had my hair done in months. | 我胖得像猪 多月来没理发 |
[1:34:30] | But I’m happy, really happy. It probably shows. | 但我很快乐 你也许看得出来 |
[1:34:34] | You look très distingué yourself. | 你也很风度翩翩 |
[1:34:36] | I got a job. I’ve been writing a little. | 我有工作 我最近在写作 |
[1:34:38] | I know. I’ve read three of your stories. | 我看过你三篇小说 |
[1:34:40] | Two in The New Yorker and one in that funny little magazine. | 两篇刊在纽约人杂志 一篇刊在有趣的杂志内 |
[1:34:46] | Won’t you sit down? | 请坐吧 |
[1:34:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:34:49] | -I’ve taken up knitting. -So I see. | -我在学编织毛衣 -原来如此 |
[1:34:53] | It’ll probably look very nice once it’s finished. | 编织好后应该很美 |
[1:34:57] | Actually, I’m a little nervous about it. | 其实我也有点紧张 |
[1:34:59] | Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house he’s building | 荷西把新牧场的蓝图带来 |
[1:35:01] | and I have this strange feeling | 我猜他把那蓝图 |
[1:35:03] | that maybe the blueprints and my knitting instructions got switched. | 和编织指南换掉了 |
[1:35:05] | I mean, it isn’t impossible that I’m knitting a ranch house. | 我不可能编织一座牧场大屋 |
[1:35:18] | Really, darling, I can’t tell you how divinely happy I am. | 真的 我的快乐真不可言喻 |
[1:35:23] | What is that, anyhow? | 那是什么 |
[1:35:24] | Portuguese. A very complicated language. | 葡萄牙语 很复杂的语言 |
[1:35:27] | Four thousand irregular verbs. | 有四千个不规则动词 |
[1:35:36] | Very impressive. What’s it mean? | 好棒 那是什么意思 |
[1:35:38] | “I believe you are in league with the butcher.” | “我认为你与刽子手勾结” |
[1:35:45] | Holly, what’s this about? | 霍莉 什么事 |
[1:35:48] | Why did you want to see me? | 你为什么找我 |
[1:35:51] | Jose’s in Washington for the night, | 荷西在华盛顿 |
[1:35:52] | so I thought if I asked you over, you might come. | 我想若我找你 你会来 |
[1:35:55] | And, well, I’ve said goodbye to everyone else I care about. | 我要跟我关心的人道别 |
[1:35:59] | You’re going somewhere? | 你到别处去吗 |
[1:36:00] | I’m going to Rio tomorrow. | 我明天到里约热内卢 |
[1:36:02] | I’ve got the plane ticket, and I’ve even said goodbye to old Sally. | 我已跟沙利道别 |
[1:36:04] | Jose is flying down with you? | 荷西跟你同去吗 |
[1:36:06] | We’re going on separate planes, of course. | 我们坐不同的飞机 |
[1:36:08] | He doesn’t think it would look right for us to be traveling together. | 我们不该一同起行 |
[1:36:10] | His family’s very important down there, | 他的家族很有名望 |
[1:36:12] | so he has to worry about things like that. | 所以他很担心 |
[1:36:14] | Anyway, I thought I’d show off and cook dinner for us. | 我会大显身手做一顿饭 |
[1:36:17] | It’ll be fun eating in. | 在家吃饭很有趣 |
[1:36:19] | Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am? | 我告诉过你我很快乐吗 |
[1:36:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:36:24] | You are getting married, then? | 你会结婚吗 |
[1:36:26] | Well, he hasn’t really asked me, not in so many words. | 他还没有求婚 只字不提 |
[1:36:29] | Four, you mean? | 四个字 |
[1:36:32] | Well, that’s how many words it takes. | 求婚只需说四个字 |
[1:36:35] | “Will you marry me?” | “请嫁给我” |
[1:36:38] | Oh, we’ll get married, all right. I know we will. | 我们会结婚的 一定会 |
[1:36:40] | And in church and with his family there and everything. | 在教堂里 他的家人全来观礼 |
[1:36:43] | And that’s why he’s waiting till we get to Rio, probably. | 也许因此他等回到里约热内卢才说 |
[1:36:49] | Do you think it’s trying to tell us something? | 你认为这有什么意思吗 |
[1:36:53] | I hope you like chicken and saffron rice served with chocolate sauce. | 我希望你喜欢鸡煮藏红花饭配上朱古力酱 |
[1:36:56] | It’s an East Indian classic, my dear. | 那是东印度食品 亲爱的 |
[1:36:58] | Three months ago, I couldn’t scramble eggs. | 三个月前 我连炒蛋也不会 |
[1:37:04] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[1:37:07] | Golly, darling. I did so want to impress you. | 天 我本想讨你喜欢的 |
[1:37:10] | Look, | 其实 |
[1:37:11] | I’m not much for chicken with sauce, anyway. | 我也不喜欢鸡配酱汁的 |
[1:37:14] | Why don’t we go out somewhere? Let me buy you a farewell dinner. | 不如到外边吃 我替你饯行 |
[1:37:18] | That would be fun, as long as it’s someplace I can go like this. | 若我能这样上街就好了 |
[1:37:30] | Years from now, | 好多年后 |
[1:37:31] | years and years, I’ll be back. | 我会回来 |
[1:37:35] | Me and my nine Brazilian brats. | 带着我那九个巴西小鬼 |
[1:37:38] | They’ll be dark like Jose, of course, | 他们会像荷西一样有黑皮肤 |
[1:37:41] | but they’ll have bright, green, beautiful eyes. | 但眼睛会又绿又美 |
[1:37:46] | I’ll bring them back, all right, ’cause they must see this. | 我会带他们回来看看这城市 |
[1:37:51] | Oh, I love New York. | 我爱纽约 |
[1:37:53] | Then why are you leaving? What’s in it for you, anyway? | 那么你为何要走 这对你有何好处 |
[1:37:58] | Look, I know what you’re thinking, and I don’t blame you. | 我明白你的想法 但我不责怪你 |
[1:38:01] | I’ve always thrown out such a jazzy line. | 我总是说这种花言巧语 |
[1:38:04] | Really, except for Doc and yourself, Jose’s my first non-rat romance. | 除了医生和你 荷西是第一个不是小人的情人 |
[1:38:09] | Not that he’s my idea of the absolute finito. | 他不是我理想中的依归 |
[1:38:13] | He’s too prim and cautious to be my absolute ideal. | 他太正经谨慎了 |
[1:38:17] | Now if I could choose from anybody alive, I wouldn’t pick Jose. | 若我可以选择的话 我不会挑荷西 |
[1:38:20] | Nehru, maybe, or Albert Schweitzer. | 尼赫鲁 或者是施韦策 |
[1:38:23] | Or Leonard Bernstein. | 或是伯恩斯坦 |
[1:38:27] | But I am mad about Jose. | 但我很爱荷西 |
[1:38:29] | I honestly think I’d give up smoking if he asked me. | 若他要求 我会戒烟 |
[1:38:35] | Come on, darling, let’s eat. It’s getting late. | 来吧 去吃东西 天晚了 |
[1:38:39] | I’m leaving tomorrow, and I haven’t even begun to pack. | 我明天起程 但我还没收拾行李 |
[1:39:04] | Didn’t want Jose to think I was the kind of girl who loses her key, | 我不想荷西觉得我乱丢钥匙 |
[1:39:07] | so I had 26 of them made. | 所以我配了26把钥匙 |
[1:39:10] | No, wait. I got a better idea. | 慢着 我有个好主意 |
[1:39:12] | Kind of a farewell gesture. | 是道别的礼物 |
[1:39:15] | Somebody must have tripped the lock. | 有人把门锁松开了 |
[1:39:17] | Crafty devil, that Yunioshi. | 是那狡猾的雄志 |
[1:39:20] | Wake up, wake up! The British are coming! | 起床了 英国人来了 |
[1:39:22] | -Or, in this case, the Brazilians. -Exactly. | -应该说是巴西人 -没错 |
[1:39:24] | -Exactly. -I’ve still got to clean up all that rice. | -没错 -我还要清理厨房 |
[1:39:29] | Hey, you know. | 你知道 |
[1:39:33] | There she are who did it! The wanted woman! There! | 队长 她在那儿 她是被通缉的女人 |
[1:39:38] | Groenburger. Narcotics squad. | 我是缉毒组的康伯格 |
[1:39:40] | -What do you mean? -What’s going on? | -那是什么意思 -发生什么事了 |
[1:39:43] | -Why don’t you ask your boss? -What boss? | -你何不问你的老板 -什么老板 |
[1:39:45] | Sally Tomato. Why don’t you ask him? Come on. | 杜沙利 他们不简单 快 |
[1:39:48] | Look around for narcotic. They got plenty narcotic in there. | 搜查毒品 他们有很多毒品 |
[1:40:11] | -What’s your name? -Varjak. | -你叫什么名字 -韦保罗 |
[1:40:13] | Hold it down over there! | 别吵 |
[1:40:14] | Paul Varjak. V-A-R-J-A-K. | 韦保罗 |
[1:40:17] | Oh, get lost, will you? | 滚蛋吧 |
[1:40:19] | Get out! | 走开 |
[1:40:21] | I’m a writer. | 我是作家 |
[1:40:22] | W-R-l-T-E-R. | 写文章的作家 |
[1:40:28] | -Please. One, one, please. -One at a time. Please, one. | -一个一个来 -每次一个 |
[1:40:33] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:40:35] | -Wait a minute. Wait a minute. -I can’t answer all your questions. | -等等 -我不能同时回答所有问题 |
[1:40:38] | -Just one at a time. -Knock it off! | -一个一个来 -安静点 |
[1:40:43] | Now, darling, why don’t you start? | 亲爱的 你开始问吧 |
[1:40:44] | Is it true you carried messages from Tomato in code? | 你以暗语方式替杜沙利传话吗 |
[1:40:47] | Of course not. | 没有 |
[1:40:48] | I’d just meet Mr. O’Shaughnessy at Hamburger Heaven | 我只把天气报告 |
[1:40:50] | and give him the weather report. | 交给奥西力 |
[1:40:51] | Simply do not ask me what this is all about. | 别问我那是什么 因为我不知道 |
[1:40:55] | But you did used to visit Tomato? | 你曾探访杜沙利吗 |
[1:40:56] | I used to see him every week. What’s wrong with that? | 每星期都去 那又如何 |
[1:40:59] | Well, you must’ve known Tomato was part of the narcotics syndicate. | 他是贩毒集团的份子 |
[1:41:01] | Mr. Tomato never mentioned narcotics to me. | 他没跟我提过毒品 |
[1:41:03] | It makes me furious the way all these wretched people keep persecuting him. | 我对他受迫害感到愤怒 |
[1:41:06] | He’s a deeply sensitive person. | 他很细心 |
[1:41:08] | -A darling old man. -Then you’re innocent. | -是个慈祥的老人 -那么你是无辜的 |
[1:41:10] | -Of course I’m innocent. -What are you going to do about it? | -当然了 -你打算怎样做 |
[1:41:12] | -What do you mean? -Well, who’s your lawyer? | -什么意思 -谁是你的律师 |
[1:41:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:41:17] | Mr. O’Shaughnessy, I guess. | 也许是奥西力先生 |
[1:41:20] | Mr. O’Shaughnessy! | 奥西力先生 |
[1:41:23] | Get out of here! | 走开 |
[1:41:25] | -All right, come on. -Okay, move. | -来吧 -进去吧 |
[1:41:27] | -Come on, then. -Mr. O’Shaughnessy? | -来吧 -奥西力先生 |
[1:41:30] | -Shut up! -Get in there. | -闭嘴 -进去 |
[1:41:54] | -Yeah. -Mr. Paul Varjak? | -谁 -韦保罗先生 |
[1:41:56] | -Yeah. -Ready with Mr. Berman in Hollywood. | -是的 -请与好莱坞的白先生通话 |
[1:42:00] | Kindly deposit $3 for the first 3 minutes, please. | 首三分钟通话请付3元 |
[1:42:12] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:42:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:42:16] | O.J. Berman here. Who’s calling? | 我是白O.J. 谁找我 |
[1:42:19] | -Mr. Berman, this is Paul Varjak. -Nice to talk to you, kid. | -白先生 我是韦保罗 -小伙子 你好 |
[1:42:23] | Varjak. V-A-R-J-A-K. | 我是韦保罗 |
[1:42:27] | I’m a friend of Holly’s. I met you at a party in New York. | 我是霍莉的朋友 曾在纽约的派对上见过面 |
[1:42:30] | -Who? -Paul. Paul Varjak. | -谁 -韦保罗 |
[1:42:34] | V-A-R. | 韦 |
[1:42:37] | Mr. Berman, this is Fred. | 白先生 我是费特 |
[1:42:39] | Oh, Fred baby, huh? | 是费特宝贝 |
[1:42:41] | So you’re calling about the kid, huh? | 你为小家伙的事找我吗 |
[1:42:44] | Everything’s under control. Just relax. | 你别担心 一切都已受控制 |
[1:42:49] | I spoke to my lawyer in New York. | 我与纽约的律师说过 |
[1:42:51] | I told him to take care of everything, send me the bill, | 他会负责一切 只管把帐单给我 |
[1:42:54] | but to keep my name anonymous. | 但是要守密 |
[1:42:55] | -What? -Unknown. I don’t want any part of it. | -什么 -我不想涉及此事中 |
[1:42:59] | -You hear me? -You sound like you’re in a tunnel. | -你听到吗 -你听来像在隧道中 |
[1:43:03] | It’s this executive phone I have. | 我用办公电话和你通话 |
[1:43:05] | -What? -Executive phone! | -什么 -是办公电话 |
[1:43:08] | Fred baby, they only got her on $10,000 bail. | 她只需一万元保释金 |
[1:43:10] | My lawyer can get her out at 10:00 this morning. I tell you what you do. | 律师能在今早保释她 我教你怎么办 |
[1:43:15] | You bust into that dump she lives in | 你到她的狗窝去 |
[1:43:18] | collect all her junk. | 把杂物收拾 |
[1:43:20] | Go down to the jail. Get her out. | 到监狱去接她 |
[1:43:21] | Take her straight over to a hotel under a phony name, right? | 以假名入住酒店 |
[1:43:25] | You wanna keep away from the reporters as much as possible. | 别让她接触记者 |
[1:43:27] | Do you know what I mean? Will you do that? | 你知道吗 你做得到吗 |
[1:43:29] | Sure, Mr. Berman. | 我能 白先生 |
[1:43:31] | -I can’t tell you how much I appreciate. -Forget it. | -真的不知怎么感激你 -算了吧 |
[1:43:35] | I owe her something. | 我欠她的 |
[1:43:38] | Not that I owe her anything, I mean, if you really get right down to it, | 坦白点说 我并没有欠她什么 |
[1:43:43] | but she’s a crazy. | 但她是疯子 |
[1:43:47] | She’s a phony. | 她装腔作势 |
[1:43:50] | But she’s a real phony. | 她真的装腔作势 |
[1:43:53] | -Know what I mean, kid? -Yeah, I know what you mean. | -你明白吗 -我明白 |
[1:43:57] | -Thanks, Mr. Berman. Thanks a lot. -Right! | -白先生 谢谢你 -好的 |
[1:44:08] | Why don’t you behave? | 你怎么不乖乖的 |
[1:44:22] | Quel night. | 好一个晚上 |
[1:44:37] | I did a little housebreaking while you were away. | 我在你被扣留时进入你家 |
[1:44:41] | Clayton Hotel, driver. 84th and Madison. | 请到克莱顿酒店 麦迪逊大街和八十四街 |
[1:44:45] | O.J. Thinks it’d be a good idea if you stayed out of sight for a while. | O.J.认为你该避开一段时间 |
[1:44:48] | I got most of your stuff here, including cat. Hope he’s all right. | 我把东西拿来了 还有猫咪 我希望它没事吧 |
[1:44:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:44:54] | Hello, cat. | 猫咪 你好 |
[1:44:56] | Poor no-name slob. | 你这没名字的家伙 |
[1:45:00] | Listen, darling. Did you find that plane ticket? | 听着 亲爱的 你找到飞机票了吗 |
[1:45:02] | -Right here. We can cash it in. -Cash it in? Are you kidding? | -在这儿 我们可以换钱 -你开玩笑吧 |
[1:45:06] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[1:45:08] | -A little after 10:00. -Good. | -刚过了十点 -很好 |
[1:45:10] | Idlewild Airport, please, driver. | 请到飞机场 |
[1:45:12] | -Never mind. You can’t do that. -Why not? | -不用了 你不能这样做 -为什么 |
[1:45:15] | You don’t understand. You’re under indictment. | 你不知道吗 你被起诉了 |
[1:45:18] | If they catch you jumping bail, they’ll lock you up and throw away the key. | 若你弃保 他们会把你关起来的 |
[1:45:21] | Don’t be ridiculous, darling. | 别开玩笑 亲爱的 |
[1:45:23] | By the day after tomorrow, | 后天 |
[1:45:24] | I’ll be married to the future president of Brazil. | 我便下嫁未来巴西总统 |
[1:45:26] | And that’ll give me diplomatic immunity or something. | 这可以给我政治豁免权 |
[1:45:30] | I wouldn’t bet on it. | 这个说不准 |
[1:45:33] | What is it, darling? | 那是什么 亲爱的 |
[1:45:38] | Message for you. | 我有一个口讯给你 |
[1:45:40] | Oh, yes, I see. | 是的 我明白了 |
[1:45:43] | Did he bring it in person, or was it, | 他亲自把口讯送来 |
[1:45:45] | just there, shoved under the door? | 还是放在门下 |
[1:45:47] | A cousin. | 是表弟送来 |
[1:45:51] | Hand me my purse, will you, darling? | 请把手袋给我 好吗 亲爱的 |
[1:45:54] | A girl can’t read that sort of thing without her lipstick. | 女孩要涂了口红才可看口讯 |
[1:46:00] | You read it to me, will you, darling? | 你念给我听吧 亲爱的 |
[1:46:02] | I don’t think I can quite bear. | 我猜我受不了 |
[1:46:05] | Sure you want me to? | 你真的想我念 |
[1:46:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:46:13] | My dearest little girl. | 亲爱的小女孩 |
[1:46:16] | I have loved you, knowing you were not as others. | 我曾爱过你 知道你不像别的女孩 |
[1:46:19] | But conceive of my despair | 请想像当我在 |
[1:46:20] | upon discovering in such a brutal and public style | 公开的情况下发现 |
[1:46:25] | how very different you are from the manner of woman | 你并不是我这样地位的男人 |
[1:46:27] | a man of my position could hope to make his wife. | 想要那种妻子时的绝望 |
[1:46:32] | I grieve for the disgrace of your present circumstances. | 我为你目前的处境感到难过 |
[1:46:36] | And I do not find it in my heart | 我实在不想 |
[1:46:38] | to add my condemn | 把我的指责 |
[1:46:40] | to the condemn that surrounds you. | 再加于你已面对的困恼之上 |
[1:46:44] | So I hope you will find it in your heart not to condemn me. | 所以我希望你别责怪我 |
[1:46:48] | I have my family to protect and my name | 我需要保护名誉和家族 |
[1:46:52] | and I am a coward where these institutions enter. | 我是这制度下的懦夫 |
[1:46:56] | “Forget me, beautiful child. And may God be with you. | 忘记我吧 美丽的孩子 愿主与你同在 |
[1:47:01] | “Jose.” | “荷西” |
[1:47:04] | Well? | 怎么了 |
[1:47:08] | Well, at least he’s honest. | 至少他很诚实 |
[1:47:11] | -It’s kind of touching. -Touching? | -很感人 -感人 |
[1:47:13] | That square-ball jazz. | 他那混蛋 |
[1:47:16] | He says he’s a coward. | 他说他是懦夫 |
[1:47:18] | All right. So he’s not a regular rat or even a super-rat. | 那么他不是小人 |
[1:47:22] | He’s just a scared little mouse, that’s all. | 他只是胆小如鼠而已 |
[1:47:25] | But, oh, golly. | 天啊 |
[1:47:28] | Gee, damn. | 天呀 |
[1:47:35] | Well, so much for South America. | 南美梦碎了 |
[1:47:39] | I didn’t really think you were cut out to be queen of the Pampas, anyway. | 你根本当不了南美皇后 |
[1:47:44] | -Clayton Hotel. -Idlewild. | -去酒店吧 -去机场 |
[1:47:47] | What? | 什么 |
[1:47:49] | The plane leaves at 12:00. And on it I plan to be. | 飞机12点起飞 我不能错过 |
[1:47:51] | Holly, you can’t. | 霍莉 你不能去 |
[1:47:56] | I’m not hotfooting it after Jose, if that’s what you think. Oh, no. | 为什么不可以 你别以为我去找荷西 |
[1:48:00] | As far as I’m concerned, he’s the future president of nowhere. | 我可看不上他是什么总统 |
[1:48:03] | Only why should I waste a perfectly good plane ticket? | 为什么浪费机票 |
[1:48:06] | Only why should I waste a perfectly good plane ticket? Besides, I’ve never been to Brazil. | 我只是浪费了一张机票 反正我没到过巴西 |
[1:48:10] | Please, darling, don’t sit there looking at me like that. | 亲爱的 请别这样坐着看我 |
[1:48:13] | I’m going and that’s all there is to it. | 我已决定到巴西去 |
[1:48:16] | Now all they want from me | 他们只想我 |
[1:48:18] | are my services as the state’s witness against Sally. | 指证杜沙利 |
[1:48:21] | Nobody has any intention of prosecuting me. | 他们无意起诉我 |
[1:48:24] | To begin with, they don’t have a ghost of a chance. | 从一开始 他们就没有胜诉机会 |
[1:48:28] | Even so, this town’s finished for me. | 而且 我也不想留在这儿 |
[1:48:31] | At least for a while. | 起码暂时不想 |
[1:48:34] | There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl’s complexion. | 聚光灯会破坏肤色 |
[1:48:37] | They’ll have the rope up at every saloon in town. | 他们会把市内所有理发厅围起来 |
[1:48:42] | I’ll tell you what you do for me, darling. | 你帮我办一件事 亲爱的 |
[1:48:43] | When you get back to town, | 当你回到镇里 |
[1:48:44] | I want you to call up the New York Times or whoever you call. | 你替我找纽约时报 |
[1:48:48] | I want you to mail me a list of the 50 richest men in Brazil. | 替我把巴西五十名富翁的名单找来 |
[1:48:51] | The 50 richest. | 是五十名富翁 |
[1:48:55] | -Holly, I’m not going to let you do this. -You’re not going to let me? | -霍莉 我不让你这样做 -你不让我做 |
[1:48:59] | Holly, I’m in love with you. | 霍莉 我爱你 |
[1:49:01] | -So what? -So what? | -那又如何 -那又如何 |
[1:49:04] | So plenty. | 我很爱你 |
[1:49:06] | -I love you. You belong to me. -No. | -我爱你 你属于我 -不 |
[1:49:09] | -People don’t belong to people. -Of course they do. | -没有谁属于谁这事 -当然有 |
[1:49:12] | I’m not gonna let anyone put me in a cage. | 没有人能把我关在笼里 |
[1:49:14] | I don’t want to put you in a cage. I want to love you. | 我不想把你关在笼里 我想爱你 |
[1:49:16] | -It’s the same thing. -No, it’s not. | -都是一样的 -不是的 |
[1:49:19] | -Holly. -I’m not Holly. | -霍莉 -我不是霍莉 |
[1:49:20] | I’m not Lula Mae, either. I don’t know who I am. | 也不是雷美 我不知我是谁 |
[1:49:23] | I’m like cat, here. | 我像猫咪 |
[1:49:24] | We’re a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody. | 我们都是没名字 我们不属于任何人 |
[1:49:26] | And nobody belongs to us. We don’t even belong to each other. | 我们甚至不属于对方 |
[1:49:31] | Stop the cab. | 停车 |
[1:49:38] | What do you think? | 怎么了 |
[1:49:40] | This ought to be the right kind of place for a tough guy like you. | 这儿很适合你这刚强的家伙 |
[1:49:43] | Garbage cans, rats galore. | 垃圾桶 鼠窝 |
[1:49:45] | Scram! | 快走吧 |
[1:49:47] | I said take off! Beat it! | 我说快走吧 |
[1:49:50] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[1:50:03] | Driver, | 司机 |
[1:50:07] | pull over here. | 请把车停在一旁 |
[1:50:17] | You know what’s wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? | 无名小姐 你知道你有何不妥 |
[1:50:21] | You’re chicken. You’ve got no guts. | 你怕事 你没胆量 |
[1:50:23] | You’re afraid to stick out your chin and say, “Okay, life’s a fact.” | 你害怕挺起胸膛说 “生活就是这样” |
[1:50:27] | People do fall in love. | 人们相爱 |
[1:50:28] | People do belong to each other, | 互相属于对方 |
[1:50:30] | because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for real happiness. | 因为这是获得真正快乐的唯一机会 |
[1:50:34] | You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing. | 你自称为不羁野性 |
[1:50:37] | And you’re terrified somebody’s going to stick you in a cage. | 怕别人把你关在笼子里 |
[1:50:40] | Well, baby, you’re already in that cage. You built it yourself. | 但你已身处樊笼 是你亲手建起来的 |
[1:50:44] | And it’s not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, | 无论是否在德州图利 这不受地域 |
[1:50:46] | or in the east by Somaliland. | 的限制 |
[1:50:48] | It’s wherever you go. | 它随你而去 |
[1:50:49] | Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. | 不管你往哪儿去 你总受困于自己 |
[1:51:01] | Here. I’ve been carrying this thing around for months. | 拿着 这个我已带在身上好久了 |
[1:51:05] | I don’t want it anymore. | 我不想要了 |
[1:51:59] | Here, cat! | 猫咪 来 |
[1:52:02] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:12] | Where’s the cat? | 猫咪在哪儿 |
[1:52:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:52:28] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:33] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:37] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:38] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:40] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:44] | Cat! | 猫咪 |
[1:52:50] | Cat. | 猫咪 |
[1:52:57] | Cat. | 猫咪 |
[1:53:24] | Cat. | 猫咪 |
[1:53:26] | Cat. | 猫咪 |