时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Boston Legal | |
[00:02] | – Melvin Palmer – Who is this guy? – Melvin Palmer. | – 那家伙是谁 |
[00:03] | State of Utah vs. Denny Crane. | 犹他州诉Denny Crane |
[00:05] | I’ll represent the hoot brothers. | 我来替这对傻兄笨弟辩护 |
[00:07] | For once in your life, let me do the talking. | 只此一次 让我来说吧 |
[00:10] | Denny! | |
[00:12] | – We were just… – Do you love him? | – 我们刚才只是… – 你爱他吗 |
[00:15] | I think I do. | 我想是的 |
[00:16] | This man makes partner or I walk and take my name off the door with me. | 要么这个人当上合伙人 要么我把我的名字从招牌上撤下来走人 |
[00:20] | – Edwin Poole – Denny Crane – Edwin Poole. – Denny Crane. | |
[00:22] | – Name on the door. – Mine, too. | – 我的名字在招牌上 – 我的名字也是 |
[00:23] | – Crane… – Crane… – Poole and… | – Poole和 |
[00:25] | Schmidt. | |
[00:48] | Drop the bag, and I’ll let you live! | 把包放下 否则要了你的命 |
[00:50] | Do it, bitch. Don’t make me cap you. | 快点 臭婊子 别让我动手 |
[00:53] | Son, of all the places you could stick me– you may have already stuck me– | 孩子 我身上那么多地方你可以顶着的– 说不定你都已经捅上我了– |
[00:57] | I’d probably be the last to know. | 只是我那地方实在没感觉呀 |
[00:58] | – Turnip! – Drop the bag. | – 把包放下 – Turnip! |
[01:00] | For God sake, what the hell are you… | 上帝啊 你该死的在… |
[01:03] | – Shirley? – Edwin? | |
[01:04] | Put that down. What is wrong with you? | 把刀放下 你到底在做些什么 |
[01:06] | I am so sorry, Shirley. | 我非常抱歉 Shirley |
[01:07] | Of all the people to mug… I’ll deal with him. | 那么多人可以抢… 我会好好教育他的 |
[01:10] | This woman is a dear friend of mine, not to mention a partner. | 这位女士是我的一个好朋友 更不用说也是我的合伙人了 |
[01:14] | Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am. | 噢 非常对不起 女士 |
[01:18] | Edwin, who is this… adorable child? | Edwin 这个…可爱的孩子是谁? |
[01:21] | He’s my foster–give me that! He’s my foster son. | 他是我的养…把那个给我! 他是我的养子 |
[01:24] | I am so sorry, Shirley. God, what is wrong with you? | 我非常抱歉 Shirley 天哪 看你都做了些什么 |
[01:26] | You adopted a son? | 你收养了一个儿子? |
[01:28] | Yeah, it was either that or take up fly-fishing. | 是啊 要么收养他 要么我就得被关起来给人吹箫 |
[01:30] | Shame, Turnip. Shame. | 丢脸呀 Turnip 丢脸呀 |
[01:32] | Look how full your cart is. | 看看你的购物车多满啊 |
[01:34] | – Turnip – No wonder your bottom is so– – Turnip. | – 难怪你的屁股这么… |
[01:36] | – Full and plump. – He gets cuter by the second. | – 丰满 – 他越来越可爱了 |
[01:39] | Shirley Schmidt Isn’t it the truth? Well, that’s enough now. Turnip Graves, Shirley Schmidt. | 可不是吗 那么 介绍一下 Turnip Graves |
[01:42] | Very nice to meet you, ma’am. | 很高兴认识你 女士 |
[01:44] | A true pleasure, sir. | 很荣幸认识你 先生 |
[01:46] | I, it’s–it’s nice to see you again. | 我…很高兴再次见到你 |
[01:47] | You look great, and, uh, I’ll deal with him. Come here, you. | 你看起来气色不错 呃 我会好好管教他的 你 跟我走 |
[01:51] | Why would you do that and embarrass me like that? | 你怎么把我的脸丢成这样 |
[01:52] | How was I supposed to know you’d know the lady? | 我怎么知道你认识那个女的? |
[01:54] | You’re supposed to know you’re not supposed to walk around parking lots | 你总该知道你就不可以在停车场瞎转悠 |
[01:56] | sticking people in the buttocks with a knife. | 还用刀顶着人家的屁股吧 |
[02:28] | What do you mean, you’ve got plans? | 你什么意思 你已经有安排了? |
[02:30] | You said you were going out of town. | 你说过你打算出城的 |
[02:31] | – I said I might go out of town, but– – didn’t invite me, did you? | – 我是说我可能要出城 可是… – 而且你也没邀请我一起 不是吗 |
[02:34] | Because I never made o-official plans. | 因为我还没正式计划好 |
[02:38] | Who are you spending Thanksgiving with? | 你要和谁一起过感恩节? |
[02:41] | A friend. Uh, you wouldn’t like him. | 一个朋友 呃 你不会喜欢他的 |
[02:43] | Who? | 是谁? |
[02:45] | – It’s personal. – Personal? | – 这是隐私 – 隐私? |
[02:46] | Well, you could come too. I’ll ask him. | 好吧 或许你也可以来 我问问他 |
[02:49] | Who? | 到底是谁? |
[02:53] | Technically, it would be… | 理论上来讲 大概也许是… |
[02:57] | Melvin Palmer. | |
[03:00] | – You must be joking. – He’s a good guy. | – 你在开玩笑吧 – 他是个好人 |
[03:02] | You’re spending Thanksgiving with Melvin Palmer? | 你和Melvin Palmer一起过感恩节? |
[03:05] | He’s a hoot. | 他就是个傻冒 |
[03:06] | No, y- you’re putting me on. | 不 你肯定是在骗我 |
[03:07] | Well, I had no place else to go, and he called and– | 我没其他地方能去了 然后他给我打电话了 这就… |
[03:10] | When did you become friends with that bobo-head? | 你什么时候和那个猪头成朋友的? |
[03:13] | When he saved our asses. | 他帮我们收拾了那些烂摊子的时候 |
[03:14] | – He did not save our asses. – He saved our asses in Utah. | – 他没有 – 他有 在犹他州法庭上 |
[03:22] | Are you being serious? | 你是认真的? |
[03:24] | He’s a decent guy. | 他是个挺不错的家伙 |
[03:25] | No, he is not. He’s nothing of the sort. | 不 不是 他绝不是 |
[03:27] | – Look– – And you’re not having dinner with him. | – 听着 – 不准你和他一起共进过晚餐 |
[03:30] | We’ll find somewhere else to go. | 我们一定能找到别的什么地方可以去 |
[03:32] | But you will not– will not– be spending Thanksgiving with that vile– | 但是你绝对不能 绝对不能 把你的感恩节浪费在那个卑鄙的… |
[03:36] | – I like him. – I don’t care. | – 我喜欢他 – 我不管 |
[03:38] | No, forget it. No. | 不 别想 不可能 |
[03:42] | No. Nope. | 不 不 |
[03:50] | Mugged? | 抢劫? |
[03:52] | You should’ve seen the size of the knife. | 你真该看看那把刀的尺寸 |
[03:54] | – Are you okay? – No, I’m fine. | – 你还好吗 – 嗯 我没事 |
[03:55] | I-I just can’t believe it happened. | 我…我只是不敢相信 怎么会发生这种事 |
[03:57] | Shirley, you have to tell the police. | Shirley 你应该去报警 |
[03:59] | No, I don’t want to do that. | 不 我不想这么做 |
[04:00] | Shirley, it was an attempted armed robbery. | Shirley 这是企图持械抢劫 |
[04:02] | Well, he’s 9 years old, Carl. | 可是 他只是个9岁的孩子 Carl |
[04:03] | Oh, my God. Now the homecoming is complete. | 噢 我的天啊 这下回归明星总算齐人了 |
[04:06] | Carl Sack, how are you, my friend? | Carl Sack 近来好吗 我的老朋友 |
[04:08] | Never liked you, but what the hey? I can be courteous. | 我一点儿都不喜欢你 不过随便吧 总得礼貌礼貌 |
[04:10] | Shirley, hi, doll. Sorry I’m late. | Shirley 嗨 美女 很抱歉我来晚了 |
[04:12] | I hit some traffic, not to mention a few pedestrians. | 我在车流里那叫一个穿越 更别提那几个行人了 |
[04:16] | Just mowed ’em right– I can see I’ve lost you. | 直接从他们身上碾过去– 看出来我说过火了 |
[04:18] | Shirley say other than I’m so sorry. | 除了抱歉我不知道还能说些什么 Shirley, I don’t know what to |
[04:22] | Edwin, how long have you had that boy? | Edwin 你收养那个孩子多久了 |
[04:25] | Six months. I’ve enrolled him in finishing school, not to worry. | 6个月 我已经给他在女子学校注册了 不用担心 |
[04:27] | What the hell is this? | 这到底是什么东西? |
[04:29] | You’ve sued me already? | 你已经对我提出控告了? |
[04:31] | – Did you read it? – Why would I? | – 你看过它了吗 – 怎么可能 |
[04:33] | It’s marked “privileged and confidential.” | 上面写着 “特殊机密文件” |
[04:35] | Edwin, it was hand-delivered to you because you were meant to read it. | Edwin 我把它交给你就是要你看的 |
[04:39] | Ah, well, that’s different. | 啊 好吧 那就另当别论了 |
[04:44] | What does it say? | 这里面是什么? |
[04:45] | It says the firm is going broke. | 公司就要残了 |
[04:47] | Funny. Love her. She’s just– the firm is going broke? | 真幽默 就喜欢她这点 她刚说… 公司就要残了? |
[04:52] | But that was two days ago. Things have changed. | 不过那是两天以前 现在事情不同了 |
[04:54] | How? | 怎么的? |
[04:55] | We are broke. | 我们已经残了 |
[04:58] | When you say broke– | 你说的残是指… |
[04:59] | Crane, Poole & Schmidt is bankrupt. We have no money. Nada. Zilch. | Crane,Poole,& Schmidt律师事务所 破产了 我们没有钱了 一毛也没 |
[05:03] | We’re busted. | 我们废了 |
[05:05] | I’ll call congress. They’ll bail us out. After all, we’re rich. | 我给国会打电话 他们会救助我们的 毕竟我们是有钱人 |
[05:07] | I know Hank Paulson. Nutty guy. | 我认识Hank Paulson 一傻哥们儿 |
[05:08] | – Hey, that’s mine. – It’s over, Edwin. | – 嘿 那是我的 – 一切都结束了 Edwin |
[05:13] | We’re done. | 我们完事儿了 |
[05:31] | I don’t know what else to tell you, Edwin, other than– | 我不知道还能跟你说些什么 Edwin 除了… |
[05:33] | You can tell me how it happened. | 跟我说说这到底是怎么回事 |
[05:35] | We had investments in the market, we had massive receivables from banking industries, | 我们在股票上有所投资 还有大量的银行欠款 |
[05:39] | we had to take write-offs. | 我们必须申报破产以减少损失了 |
[05:41] | You just beat the tobacco companies for millions of dollars. | 你刚刚打败烟草公司 能拿到数百万美元 |
[05:45] | You think we’ll ever see a penny from that? | 你觉得我们有可能从那上面 拿到一分钱吗 |
[05:48] | After all the appeals, that victory’s going to end up costing us. | 还有那么多的上诉 我们最后还得贴钱 |
[05:53] | Edwin… | |
[05:55] | we may have to shut our doors. | 可能我们不得不关门了 |
[06:02] | Do people know? | 大伙知道么? |
[06:04] | Only a certain few at this point. | 此时只有几个儿 |
[06:07] | So we’re really done, then? | 那么我们真的玩完了 然后呢 |
[06:10] | Canceled? | 翘了? |
[06:12] | Carl may have overstated that. | Carl或许有些夸张 |
[06:14] | There are some possibilities. I still have hope. | 还有其他的可能性 我还是抱有希望 |
[06:23] | I really thought I’d make it back. | 我还以为我能翻身 |
[06:26] | I was getting better and, uh… | 我已经好转一些了 而且 呃… |
[06:37] | Listen, I bought a turkey. | 对了 我买了一只火鸡 |
[06:39] | I’d love to have you over for Thanksgiving on Thursday, maybe talk about old times and, uh– | 周四我希望能和你一起过感恩节 或许我们可以聊聊以前的日子… |
[06:43] | Edwin, thank you. Um, I have plans. | Edwin 谢谢你的好意 呃 我已经有安排了 |
[06:46] | I’m hosting a little thing at my house. | 我在家开个小聚会 |
[06:50] | So I’ll come to your house, then? | 那么 得我去你家了? |
[06:58] | Edwin Poole? | |
[06:59] | Well, he kind of invited himself. I– | 他自己要来的 我… |
[07:01] | We were supposed to have a quiet dinner. | 我们本该有个宁静的晚餐的 |
[07:03] | I know. I’m sorry. But– | 我知道 对不起 可是… |
[07:04] | And his little felon? | 那他的那个小罪犯呢? |
[07:05] | Well, he could be joining. | 五 他可能也会一起来 |
[07:06] | Oh, Shirley. | 噢 Shirley |
[07:07] | I know. I wanted a quiet evening, too. But somehow– | 我知道 我也想要有一个宁静的夜晚 可是不知怎么的… |
[07:10] | he had no place to go. Wh-what was I going to say? | 他没地方可去 我还能说什么 |
[07:13] | Uh, no comes to mind. How about no? | 呃 我脑海里浮现出的是”不” 说”不”如何? |
[07:15] | Carl. | |
[07:16] | A nice quiet Thanksgiving dinner, just the two of us– | 一个美妙而宁静的晚餐 只有我们两个人… |
[07:18] | That’s how you billed it. | 想想看你是怎么计划它的 |
[07:19] | And how I wanted it– | 我多希望… |
[07:20] | Shirley, I’ve got the research on the McClean– | Shirley 我关于McClean的调查研究做好了 |
[07:23] | I thought you’d gone to London. | 我原以为你已经去伦敦了 |
[07:24] | Oh, yes, I was planning to, but the airline screwed up with the tickets. It’s a long story. | 噢 是的 我本来打算去的 可是航空公司出错机票了 说来话长 |
[07:29] | So suffice to say, I’ll be staying put. | 因此 简而言之 我只能呆在这儿了 |
[07:32] | Oh, well, that’s too bad. | 噢 这太糟糕了 |
[07:35] | I’m having a few people over. Why don’t you come to my house? | 我有一个小型聚会 你也一起来我家如何? |
[07:39] | Oh, I wouldn’t want to put you out. | 噢 我不想给你添麻烦 |
[07:40] | It wouldn’t be any trouble. | 不会给我添麻烦的 |
[07:42] | Oh, well, sure. I’d quite love that. | 噢 那好吧 当然 我很高兴能参加 |
[07:44] | – Great. 1:00, then. – Splendid. | – 太棒了 下午1:00见 – 没问题 |
[07:46] | Oh, w-would it be possible for me to bring Jerry? | 噢 我能带Jerry一起去吗 |
[07:49] | I sort of–when I thought that I didn’t have plans– | 我基本上– 那时候我以为我没事儿干了– |
[07:52] | Jerry would be more than welcome. | 也非常欢迎Jerry来 |
[07:54] | Thank you. I’ll go tell him. | 谢谢你 我会转告他的 |
[07:58] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:59] | The idea of spending a day alone with me– | 一整天只和我一起度过的想法… |
[08:01] | you just can’t bear it, can you? | 你根本就应付不了 不是吗 |
[08:02] | Oh, you know that’s not true. | 噢 你知道不是这样的 |
[08:04] | Can’t we just look at this as a gathering of a big, dysfunctional family? | 为什么我们不能把这看做一个 混乱家庭的大聚会呢? |
[08:08] | Can we do that? | 行吗? |
[08:11] | – What about us? – We can be dysfunctional. | – 那我们呢? – 我们也能非常混乱的 |
[08:28] | – Here. – Thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[08:31] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, I’m–I’m fine. I… | – 你还好吗? – 是的 我…我还好 我… |
[08:34] | just tend to get a little stressed when I host parties. | 一办聚会我就会紧张 |
[08:37] | Do you not remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[08:38] | But this is just a dinner. | 这只是个聚餐而已 |
[08:39] | It is a Thanksgiving dinner, and let’s face it, with this particular group, | 这可是感恩节宴会 我们是要 和那群特别人种一起 |
[08:43] | – the possibilities for catastrophe– – Oh! What? | – 天知道会有什么灾难–噢! – 怎么了? |
[08:47] | Oh, hey, what… we’re off to a good start. Come on. | 噢 嗨 我们来了个好头 来吧 |
[08:54] | Surprise. | 惊喜到! |
[08:56] | Hey, Turnip beat you to it. | 嘿 Turnip比你先到了 |
[08:57] | What were you doing, staring in my window? | 你刚刚在我的窗户外面做什么? |
[08:59] | Is this how it’s gonna be, dump on Turnip day? | 今天是不是就这样了 就是指责Turnip日? |
[09:02] | Ah, Turnip, hi. I’m Mr. Sack. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 啊 Turnip 嗨 我是Sack 我听说过你很多事儿 |
[09:05] | – Hands on the wall. – Oh, come on. | – 把手放墙上 – 噢 拜托 |
[09:07] | Now, now, don’t worry. I do this to everybody. | 不用担心 我对每个人都这样 |
[09:09] | Yeah, try not to enjoy yourself, pops. | 好吧 摸得别太爽了 老爹 |
[09:10] | – Oh, come on. – Hello. Welcome. Hello. | 嗨 我们来啦 大家好 |
[09:13] | Mr. Poole. | Poole先生 |
[09:16] | Thank you, Carl. | 谢谢你 Carl |
[09:17] | – Oh, what a beautiful home. – Oh, thank you very much. | – 噢 多漂亮的房子 – 谢谢夸奖 |
[09:19] | – Turnip – Is it all paid for? – Turnip. | – 这要付钱吗? |
[09:22] | – Edwin – Not a bad question, actually, considering– – Edwin. | – 这不是个坏提问 事实上 考虑到… |
[09:25] | Here, give me your coats. | 来 把你的外套给我 |
[09:27] | Here. Let me take those. | 来 把那些给我 |
[09:29] | Hey, are we late? | 嘿 我们晚了吗 |
[09:30] | – No, you’re just perfectly on time. – Happy Thanksgiving. | – 不 你们来得正是时候 – 感恩节快乐 |
[09:32] | Thank you so much, Alan. | 谢谢你 Alan |
[09:33] | Oh, Edwin. Why did they let you out? | 噢 Edwin 他们什么时候放你出来的? |
[09:35] | They didn’t. | 他们还没 |
[09:39] | – Uh, well, shall we, um, go to the table? – Already? | – 呃 好吧 让我们 呃 开饭吧 – 这就去了? |
[09:42] | – What happened… – We just got here. | – 不应该先– – 我们才刚到 |
[09:43] | To small talk and mingling and picking at the turkey when nobody’s looking? | 随便聊聊 交流一下 再趁人不注意的时候偷吃点火鸡? |
[09:46] | Just be quiet, Turnip. | 安静呆着就好 Turnip |
[09:47] | I don’t think I can get through this. | 我不觉得我能对付这种情况 |
[09:48] | You will get through this. | 你可以的 |
[09:53] | Time-out. | 暂停 |
[09:57] | The–the food is hot, and, um, the table is set, so– | 呃 饭菜都热着 而且 呃 餐桌已经收拾好了 那么… |
[10:00] | Thank God for GPS. | 真谢谢全球定位系统 |
[10:02] | That’s the first thing I’m gonna be thankful for. | 这是我今天第一件感谢的事 |
[10:04] | – Hey, how you doing, Jerry? – You invited him? | – 嗨 你最近好吗 Jerry? – 你邀请他了? |
[10:06] | Looks like you’ve eaten already. | 看起来你好像已经吃过了似的 |
[10:08] | You must be Shirley Schmidt. I googled you, good, that’s what I did. | 你一定就是Shirley Schmidt 我在google上好好儿地查了你一番 |
[10:12] | You need to update your headshot. | 你该更新一下你的头像 |
[10:14] | – Edwin Poole – Who’s the little guy? – Edwin Poole. | – 这个小家伙是谁 |
[10:16] | Melvin Palmer | 你好吗 小帅哥 Melvin Palmer. How are we doing, sport? |
[10:18] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我 |
[10:19] | Hey, I didn’t get my hug yet, that’s what I didn’t get. | 嗨 我还没和大家拥抱呢 就差这个了 |
[10:22] | I’ll start with you, Al, you big hoot. Come here! Oh, man! | 就从你开始吧 啊 你这个大块头 来吧 噢 伙计 |
[10:25] | This is like old home week, that’s what this is like. | 这才像个传统的家庭聚会 这才像样 |
[10:27] | Get in here, Denny. | 你也进来吧 Denny |
[10:30] | Thanks, Denny. | 谢谢你 Denny |
[10:48] | All right, now look, it’s probably a good thing, whoever that person is. | 好吧 瞧 这也许是件好事情 那家伙是什么人都无所谓 |
[10:53] | Why is it a good thing? | 为什么这是件好事? |
[10:54] | He seems like a bit of an ice breaker. | 看起来他是个破冰人 (意为打破僵局的人) |
[10:56] | Ice breaker? The man could’ve saved the “Titanic.” | 破冰人? 那人连泰坦尼克号都能救了 |
[10:59] | Who the hell is that guy? | 那家伙究竟是怎么回事? |
[11:00] | Listen, you said you like a little noise and chaos. | 听我说 你说你喜欢有一点吵闹和混乱的 |
[11:02] | Seems he’ll be able to contribute to that. | 或许他能给你你想要的 |
[11:04] | Oh, this is gonna be such a disaster. | 噢 这一定会变成一个大灾难 |
[11:06] | It’s not going to be a disaster. | 不会变成大灾难的 |
[11:08] | All right, look, I’m gonna go out there, I’ll get everybody, | 好了 这样 我会出去 我去叫大家 |
[11:10] | I’ll get them to the table you take a second to collect yourself, | 我把他们都安置在桌旁 给你一点时间来整理一下心情 |
[11:13] | then come in, all right? | 然后再进来 好吗 |
[11:16] | It’s gonna be great. It’s gonna be a splendid day. | 一切都会好的 今天会是个完美的一天 |
[11:37] | – Okay. – Good idea. Let’s drink. | – 好的 – 好主意 开喝吧 |
[11:39] | Uh, D-Denny, I just wanted to say how nice it is to have all of you here. | 呃 Denny 我只是想说 很高兴你们大家都来到这里 |
[11:44] | The food looks positively delicious. | 这些菜看起来都相当美味 |
[11:46] | I don’t know where to start. | 我不知道该从哪儿下嘴 |
[11:47] | Well, you can start with a moment of silence, Melvin, or maybe an hour. | 好吧 或许你可以先安静一会儿 Melvin 或者一个小时 |
[11:50] | Double hoot, that’s what you are. | 双重傻冒 那就是你了 |
[11:52] | – I’m a double hoot now. – Perhaps we should pray. | – 我现在是双重傻冒了 – 或许我们该先祷告 |
[11:53] | – Yeah, maybe for peace. – Or start with grace. | – 是啊 祈求和谐吧 – 不如还是先做开餐祷告吧 |
[11:56] | – Any volunteers, or shall I– – I’ll say grace. | – 有人自愿的吗? 或者由我来… – 我来做开餐祷告 |
[12:02] | Okay. | 好的 |
[12:05] | Dear God– | 亲爱的主啊… |
[12:06] | – No, no, no, – Oh, I think grace was a bad idea. | – 不 不 不 – 噢 我想祷告不是个好主意 |
[12:09] | – Maybe we should skip grace. – You don’t even believe in God. How can you a– | – 或许我们该跳过祷告 – 你甚至不信主 你怎么能… |
[12:11] | – I do, too. – A Christian God? | – 我也信主啊 – 基督教的主 |
[12:13] | – Does it matter? – Well, it does to me. | – 这有关系么? – 噢 当然有 |
[12:14] | I’m not gonna let you pray to a Muslim God, not while I– | 我可不想让你向穆斯林的主祷告 尤其是在我… |
[12:16] | why does he have to be either Christian or Muslim? | 为什么他非得是基督徒 或者是穆斯林呢 |
[12:18] | He could be Texan, that’s what he could be. | 他也可能是德克萨斯人 他也可能就是了 |
[12:19] | Well, I-I-if he chooses good over evil, he’s Christian. | 如果他选择善良更甚于邪恶 他就是基督教的 |
[12:22] | Why couldn’t he be Jewish? | 为什么他不会是犹太人? |
[12:23] | Are you nuts? | 你在胡说什么? |
[12:27] | I am not giving thanks to a Jewish God, a Muslim God. | 我不会向犹太人的主 或是穆斯林的主感恩的 |
[12:30] | Hindu maybe, ’cause then he loves sheep. | 印度教的说不定行 因为他们喜欢绵羊 |
[12:31] | – Jew hater. – What? | – 反犹太者 – 什么? |
[12:32] | – Edwin Edwin… – Edwin, Edwin– – Jew hater. | – 反犹太者 |
[12:34] | Enough, enough. Let’s skip grace and let’s eat. | 够了够了 跳过开餐祷告 大家吃饭吧 |
[12:37] | And if it’s not too much trouble, I’d like to have a nice Thanksgiving dinner with no fights. | 如果没有太大问题的话 我希望 能有一个没有争斗的感恩节晚餐 |
[12:42] | Can we do that, please? | 可以吗? |
[12:44] | I’m positively famished. | 我相当饿了 |
[12:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:53] | So, Turnip, tell me, what do little black kids like to eat? | 那么 Turnip 告诉我 一个黑人小孩会喜欢吃什么? |
[12:56] | – Oh, for God sake, Denny. – What do black kids like to eat? | – 噢 上帝啊 Denny – 黑人小孩喜欢吃什么? |
[13:00] | Well, I want to know. | 怎么了 我想知道 |
[13:01] | – Well, how about, “hey, Turnip, what sort of food do you like?” – Koreans like Korean food. Greeks like Greek food. | – 好吧 这样如何 “嗨 Turnip 你喜欢吃哪道菜啊?” – 韩国人喜欢吃韩国菜 希腊人喜欢吃希腊菜 |
[13:03] | Feisty bunch. | 爆脾气 |
[13:05] | – Racist? – Yes, racist. This is a holiday. | – 种族主义者? – 对 是种族主义者 现在是假期 |
[13:08] | Please, let’s not extend the systemic racism of the firm to the dining room table. | 拜托 我们别把律所里系统性的 种族主义带到饭桌上来了 |
[13:15] | What systemic racism of the firm? | 什么律所里系统性的种族主义? |
[13:18] | Oh, come on, Shirley. | 噢 拜托 Shirley |
[13:19] | No, I’d like to hear this. | 不 我想听 |
[13:22] | Well, look around the table or the office. | 好吧 看看这个桌子周围 或是办公室里 |
[13:24] | You see any black attorneys? | 你看见过黑人律师吗? |
[13:25] | – It doesn’t mean we’re racist. – Right. | – 这并不意味着我们是种族主义者 – 没错 |
[13:27] | Did you ever think for one second that maybe black attorneys don’t want to work with us, | 难道你没有想过 或许是因为 黑人律师是不想和我们一起工作呢? |
[13:32] | maybe they want to be with their own? | 或许是他们想自己作主呢? |
[13:33] | Denny, don’t help me, please. | Denny 别帮我说话 拜托 |
[13:35] | – Could you please pass the– – No! | – 可以把那个传给… – 不可以! |
[13:37] | We just had a black man elected president, and you still think– | 我们刚有了一个黑人总统 这样你还是认为… |
[13:40] | – Oh, please. – What, “oh, please”? | – 噢 拜托 – “噢 拜托”是什么意思? |
[13:42] | – Never mind. – No, say it. | – 随便吧 – 不 说来听听 |
[13:43] | I-I want to hear this, Alan. | 我想听听 Alan |
[13:45] | – I-I don’t. – Neither do I. | – 我不想听 – 我也不想听 |
[13:46] | I do. Say it, Alan. I want to hear what you have to say. | 我想 说出来 Alan 我想听听你到底想说什么 |
[13:51] | What, you really think we’ve turned the corner? | 好吧 你真的认为我们转危为安了? |
[13:53] | Of a hundred senators, one is black, one, and that’s Barack Obama. | 100个议员 只有一个黑人 就一个 还是巴拉克.奥巴马 |
[13:56] | Come January, there’ll be none. | 明年一月份 那就一个也没了 |
[13:58] | Of 50 governors, 2 are black, and one of those is in New York, uh, | 50个州长 2个是黑人 而且其中一个是纽约的 呃 |
[14:02] | by default because Eliot Spitzer got caught with his hooker. | 就因为原州长eliot spitzer 招妓被曝光了 |
[14:04] | This country hardly seems willing to elect black leaders on a regular basis. | 普遍来说 这个国家看起来 不太愿意推选出一个黑人领导的 |
[14:08] | But the people of this firm are. | 但是这件律所里的人们却愿意 |
[14:09] | They voted overwhelmingly for Obama. | 他们都一边倒似的投给了奥巴马 |
[14:11] | How do you know what the hell went on in the privacy of all those voting booths? | 你怎么知道在那些秘密独立的 投票厅里有些什么勾当? |
[14:14] | Get out of this house. | 从这间屋子里滚出去 |
[14:16] | I haven’t even eaten yet. | 我还什么都没吃呢 |
[14:18] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[14:19] | – He will not say things like that– – What did I say? | – 他不可以说像那样的… – 我说了什么吗? |
[14:24] | Maybe since Barack Obama w-was just elected, | 既然奥巴马被选举出来了 |
[14:27] | we could celebrate the progress that blacks have made in this country instead of– | 或许我们可以为 黑人在这个国家所取得的进步庆祝一下 |
[14:29] | Celebrate? | 庆祝? |
[14:31] | In America, black people are incarcerated at almost six times the rate of white people. | 在美国 黑人入狱的几率是白人的六倍 |
[14:35] | Turnip here seems already to be well on his way– | 或许Turnip也快了… |
[14:38] | Blacks have doubled the unemployment rate of whites and have for over 40 years. | 黑人的失业率是白人的两倍 而且这种状况已经持续了40年了 |
[14:42] | Whether it’s that or the government’s underwhelming response to A.I.D.S. | 除此之外 就是政府方面对于 黑人感染艾滋的病的欠缺说服力的答复 |
[14:46] | among blacks or racial profiling, the black community continues to get screwed. | 再不然就是种族侧写 黑人一直都在被蹂躏 |
[14:50] | Let’s not even discuss, uh, funding for public schools in black neighborhoods | 我们甚至不用讨论 呃 黑人社区里公立学校的资金问题 |
[14:54] | or our supreme court eviscerating Brown vs. Board of Education. | 以及我们的最高法院 无视Brown诉教育局一案的定论行事 |
[14:57] | We’ve got that, uh, republican congressman uh, Lynn Westmoreland from Georgia, | 有个 呃 共和党议员 呃 乔治亚州的Lynn |
[15:02] | who referred to Obama as “uppity” not once, twice–“uppity.” | 将奥巴马形容为”傲慢” 而且不是一次提到 是两次 “傲慢” |
[15:06] | E-even Obama’s own running mate, during the primary, Biden, | 甚至奥巴马自己的竞选伙伴 在初选的时候 拜登 |
[15:10] | praised Obama as being “clean” and “articulate.” What was that? | 夸他说话”干净” “口齿清晰” 这都什么呀? |
[15:13] | We can give thanks for a lot of things here today, | 我们今天在这里应该 为很多事情而感恩 |
[15:15] | but the defeat of racism in America is not one of them, | 但不包括美国对种族主义所取得的胜利 |
[15:19] | especially at liberal, white-collar law firms like Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | 尤其是在像Crane,Poole & Schmidt 这样的自由派的白领律师事务所 |
[15:23] | Look around the table. | 看看周围吧 |
[15:29] | Bet you don’t get invited to a lot of dinner parties. | 我敢打赌你很少被邀请参加宴会 |
[15:33] | I just wanted to have a-a nice Thanksgiving dinner, | 我只是想要一个美好的感恩节宴会 |
[15:35] | but you–you couldn’t let that happen, could you? | 但是你…你就是不能让它成事儿 是吗 |
[15:39] | – You just had to screw it up. – Wait, wait, wait. Let’s–come on. Let’s change the subject. | – 你就非得毁了它 – 等等 我们…我们换个话题吧 |
[15:43] | Can somebody think of, uh, something more pleasant to talk about? | 有人有…呃 愉快点的话题吗 |
[15:47] | I was thinking of taking a dump. | 我想去撇大条 |
[15:51] | Where’s the nearest bathroom? | 最近的卫生间在哪儿? |
[15:53] | Through there. | 那边 |
[15:56] | Don’t take anything else. | 别拿其他的东西 |
[16:00] | I love the holidays, that’s what I love. | 我喜欢假期 这就是我所喜欢的 |
[16:29] | You know, if I could just say… | – 知道吗 我想说的是… – 噢 不 |
[16:33] | that I’m sorry. | – 我想说我很抱歉 |
[16:36] | I realize I get worked up, and I do apologize. | 我确实太过于激动了 我为此道歉 |
[16:39] | I certainly didn’t mean to ruin anyone’s dinner. | 我确实无意破坏任何人的宴会 |
[16:43] | You didn’t ruin mine, good buddy. | 你没破坏过我的 伙计 |
[16:46] | Oh, goody. | 噢 那太好了 |
[16:49] | Edwin, tell us, what’s new with you? | Edwin 说说看 你有什么新闻? |
[16:53] | Well, economic Armageddon, for one thing. | 呃 只有一件 经济危机 |
[16:55] | – Edwin… – The firm is– – Edwin… | – 事情是… |
[16:57] | That–that’s our secret. | 那是我们之间的秘密 |
[17:00] | – What secret? – Nothing. | – 什么秘密? – 没什么 |
[17:02] | Sounds very good. Did it not sound good? | 听起来很有趣 难道不是吗? |
[17:04] | – Just let it drop, Alan. – I love secrets. | – 忘了这个话题吧 Alan – 我喜欢听秘密 |
[17:06] | We used to play this little game– I’ll show you mine, you show me yours– | 我们玩过这样的小游戏… 我会说出我的小秘密 你也说出你的 |
[17:10] | old and fat people excluded, of course. | 不过又老又胖的人不能参加 |
[17:12] | Denny, you’d be on the bubble there. | Denny 你就被排除在外了 |
[17:15] | Are you trying to be offensive? | 你非得这么无礼吗 |
[17:16] | That was aggressive. | 好冲呀 |
[17:18] | What the hell is that? | 他是怎么回事? |
[17:19] | – Edwin– He’s a popper. | – 他就喜欢咂嘴 – Edwin– – |
[17:20] | That’s what he is. Get him to purr, big guy. | 他就是这么个样子 引他打咕噜看看 老兄 |
[17:22] | Hey, Mel, keep acting like a turkey, you’re gonna get stuffed and carved, hot stuff. | 嘿 El 你再这副火鸡样 就等着被塞被切吧 小可爱 |
[17:33] | Thank you all… very much. | 真谢谢你们…万分感谢 |
[17:37] | What’d we do? | 我们干嘛了 |
[17:39] | Just trying to make conversation. | 只是想找话谈而已 |
[17:41] | Oh, by the way, where’s the little black kid? He can’t still be crapping. | 哦 顺便问句 小黑鬼呢 他不可能还在拉屎吧 |
[17:45] | Excuse me. You’re gonna have to stop that. It’s annoying. | 抱歉 别那样 烦人 |
[17:47] | – Leave him alone, please. – Stop it. | – 别管他 拜托 – 闭嘴 |
[17:54] | One day, we’ll look back and laugh. | 某一天 我们回忆起来时 会笑的 |
[17:58] | How about we just try to make the best of it? | 不如充分利用这个机会吧 |
[17:59] | With that group? | 和这群人? |
[18:01] | I’m so sorry I invited them. | 很抱歉 我邀请了他们 |
[18:02] | It was such a bad idea. | 那真是个馊主意 |
[18:03] | What was I thinking? | 我在想什么呢? |
[18:04] | What were you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[18:06] | I mean, you had to know at some level this is exactly how it would go. | 我是说 在某种程度上 你知道它会变成这样的啊 |
[18:11] | You just roll with everything, don’t you? | 你什么事儿都能混过去 是吗 |
[18:13] | Yeah, I was hoping to roll with you… | 对 我本打算和你在一起厮混呢… |
[18:14] | until you invited all the children. | 可是你却把这些小孩儿给请来了 |
[18:23] | – What the hell is this? – Uh, Denny. | – 搞什么呢? – 呃 Denny |
[18:25] | Shirley and Carl are kissing. | Shirley和Carl在接吻 |
[18:26] | Oh, Denny. Could you give us– | 哦 Denny 你能给我们– |
[18:27] | – How could you? – How could I what? | – 你怎么能这样? – 我怎么能干嘛? |
[18:29] | Kissing him. You’re cheating. | 吻他 你出轨了 |
[18:31] | – Denny – Cheating? | – 出轨 – Denny. |
[18:32] | We missed it. Kiss again. | 我们错过了 再吻一次 |
[18:33] | – Oh, get out. – Damn it. | – 哦 滚蛋 – 奶奶的 |
[18:34] | No, Denny got to see. | 不 Denny都看到了 |
[18:35] | – Am I the only who hasn’t sucked face with her? – I haven’t. | – 我是唯一一个没吻过她的人吗 – 我就没有 |
[18:37] | How about Jerry here? Have you gotten down with the mascot? | Jerry呢 你和这吉祥物搞过没 |
[18:42] | Jerry! Jerry! What is wrong with you? | Jerry Jerry 你干嘛呢 |
[18:44] | – Jerry, calm down. Calm down. – You big freak. | – Jerry 冷静 冷静 – 你这大混蛋 |
[18:46] | Look, could you–could you all please just go home? | 你们能不能–你们能不能都回家? |
[18:49] | No, wait. You know what? No, damn it. This nonsense is gonna stop right now. | 不 等等 不 奶奶的 这闹剧得消停了 |
[18:52] | Go back to the table. Go ahead. Go. | 坐回去 回去 去 |
[18:54] | We’re all going back to the table right now. | 现在我们都坐回去 |
[18:56] | Come on, we are gonna sit down… | 拜托 我们坐下… |
[18:58] | and we’re going to be nice to each other, and we’re going to give thanks. | 彼此友好 并表达我们的谢意 |
[19:07] | That was not acceptable at all, Jerry. | 那种表现太恶劣了 Jerry |
[19:09] | Did you hear what he s– | 你听到他的话了吗? |
[19:10] | I heard what he said, and it was offensive, | 听到了 那话很令人恼火 |
[19:12] | but that doesn’t mean you resort to violence. | 但这不是说 你就可以以暴易暴 |
[19:15] | The incident in the cafe was bad enough. | “咖啡屋事件”已经够糟糕了 |
[19:17] | For God sake, Jerry, you’re a partner in a law firm. | 天啊 Jerry 你是律所的合伙人 |
[19:19] | – You’re an adult. – Oh, shut up. | – 你是个成年人了 – 哦 闭嘴吧 |
[19:25] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[19:27] | What’s going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[19:29] | I just thought… | 我想… |
[19:32] | it would all go away when… | 一切都会过去 当… |
[19:35] | You thought what would go away? | 你认为什么会过去? |
[19:36] | The ridicule. | 嘲笑 |
[19:37] | When I made partner, I thought– and I thought I would feel… | 我当上合伙人后 我以为– 我以为 我会感到 |
[19:41] | once I was accepted by others, the esteem– but it’s no better. | 一旦被他人接受 他人的尊重– 但情况还是没有好转 |
[19:46] | I feel no differently about myself. | 我对自己的感觉依然不变 |
[19:47] | That word that he used, what he called me– | 他所用的字眼 他称呼我– |
[19:50] | – Mascot. – That’s what I am. | – 吉祥物 – 我确实是 |
[19:52] | That’s not true. | 不是 |
[19:53] | Katie treats me like a chain pet. | Katie对待我像对待她的宠物 |
[19:55] | She all but pats me on the head and gives me a cookie when I’m g– | 她总是拍拍我的脑袋 然后给我一块曲奇饼 当我– |
[19:57] | How dare you say such a thing. | 你怎么敢这么说 |
[20:00] | – Katie, this is a private– – No, it isn’t. | – Katie这是隐私– – 不 不是 |
[20:01] | That was an indictment of me, my friendship with you, | 那是对我 我和你之间的友谊的控告 |
[20:04] | which I assumed to be extraordinarily meaningful, | 我还以为那段友谊含有特别意义 |
[20:07] | and I’m offended by it. | 而我因此被惹怒了 |
[20:08] | You may seek to trivialize yourself, Jerry. | 你可以妄自菲薄 Jerry |
[20:10] | I will not allow you to belittle me and my feelings in the process. | 但是我不准你同时 贬低我和我的感情 |
[20:13] | Katie, if I get one more maternal lecture from you, I am gonna throw up twice– | Katie 我再听一次你的 “母爱讲座” 我就得去呕两次 |
[20:18] | not once, but twice. It would take two full heavings to get all the puke out. | 不是一次 而是两次 要扣整整两次喉才能吐干净 |
[20:25] | You can go to hell, Jerry. | 你可以去死了 Jerry |
[20:34] | It’s one thing to do it, but to rub my nose in it. | 去做是一回事儿 但也不用嘲笑我吧 |
[20:36] | – Denny, we were not rubbing your nose in it. – Yes, you were. | – Denny 我们没有嘲笑你的意思 – 有 你们有 |
[20:39] | Was that the big plan? | 这就是你们的大计划了吗 |
[20:41] | Get everybody here under the pretext of my birthday and humiliate me? | 拿我生日做借口 骗大家来这里 然后羞辱我 |
[20:45] | ‘Cause if that was the goal… | 因为如果那就是目的的话… |
[20:46] | Denny, we’re here for Thanksgiving, not your birthday. | Denny 我们来这庆祝的是 感恩节 不是你的生日 |
[20:55] | Well, you know what I mean. Gathering people up and– | 你知道我意思吧 叫大家来 然后– |
[20:57] | Pops and the old lady are doing it? | 老头子和这老夫人搞上了? |
[20:59] | Denny, you and I are not a couple. | Denny 你和我不是一对儿了 |
[21:02] | We have not been a couple for over 25 years. | 我们25年来都没在一起了 |
[21:12] | A-and you and Carl are? Are you back together? | 你和Carl是了? 你们和好了? |
[21:15] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:35] | Excuse me a second. | 失陪一下 |
[21:56] | Denny, did you really think it was your birthday? | Denny 你真的以为是你生日? |
[21:59] | What difference does… | 有什么区别… |
[22:03] | Denny, look at me. | Denny 看着我 |
[22:09] | Did you think we were assembled here to celebrate your birthday, which is in January? | 你刚才以为我们来这 是庆祝你一月份的生日 |
[22:21] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[22:25] | I… I get a little, uh, confused… | 我…我有点 呃 糊涂了… |
[22:30] | w-when I get agitated. | 我激动时就这样 |
[23:04] | Has this happened often? | 经常都这样吗 |
[23:06] | No. But it’s happened. | 不 但发生过 |
[23:10] | And it’s usually when you get upset? | 你心烦时 就会这样? |
[23:17] | Okay. So we go in for another test, see– | 好 我们再去做项测试 看– |
[23:19] | I don’t want another test. | 不要 |
[23:22] | There’s nothing they can tell me that I don’t know. | 他们该说的都早就说过了 |
[23:27] | There’s no cure. | 无药可救了 |
[23:29] | Okay, look, here’s what I know– I’ve known you six years, and during that time, there’s an very little progression, if any. | 好 听着 我知道-我认识你六年了 你的情况几乎都没有恶化 |
[23:36] | You’re 75 now. Like the doctor said, you probably won’t live long enough for the Alz– | 你75岁了 正如医生说的那样 也许你活不到老年.. |
[23:41] | mad cow to… get you. | 疯牛病…发作 |
[23:44] | It’s already getting me, Alan. | 它已经发作了 Alan |
[23:46] | No, it isn’t, Denny. | 不 没有 Denny |
[23:47] | – People get confused sometimes. – I am slipping, Alan. | – 人人总会糊涂的 – 我在衰退 Alan |
[23:52] | You know it. | 你知道的 |
[23:57] | I know it. | 我也知道 |
[24:06] | * I know you belong to somebody else * | “我知道你不属于我 |
[24:13] | * but tonight you belong to me * | 不过今晚你是我的 |
[24:22] | * although we’re apart you’re part of my heart * | 即便我们分离 你也在我心中” |
[24:42] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[24:45] | I never meant to trivialize either our relationship or feelings. | 我不是故意贬低我们 之间的关系或者感情 |
[24:49] | Well, you did just that, didn’t you? | 但你确实贬低了 不是吗 |
[24:50] | Look, toots, how about you let me finish a sentence? | 听好 小妹妹 让我说完能怎么样 |
[24:52] | That too much work for you or… | 那对你来说太难了吗… |
[25:01] | I really can’t be that objective about either our friendship or your feelings or– | 我做不到客观地对待我们 的关系或者感情或者– |
[25:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:06] | Because I love ya, all right? Have I been too subtle? | 因为我爱你 好不? 我是不是表现得太不明显了 |
[25:09] | I gotta rent a billboard? Get a lousy plane to fly overhead, pulling… | 我是不是得要租块广告牌 或者弄架狗屁飞机飞过你头顶 还拉着… |
[25:26] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[25:28] | I realize that imposes no obligation on your part to love me back. | 我也知道 你没有义务反过来爱我 |
[25:33] | And as consolation prizes go… | 而谈到安慰奖的话…. |
[25:37] | I can think of nothing more extraordinary than your friendship. | 我想不到有什么能 比你的友谊更特别的了 |
[25:44] | You need to know… | 你要知道… |
[25:47] | that you are… | 你是我遇到过… |
[25:50] | the most incredible… | 最迷人… |
[25:53] | generous, charitable… | 大方 仁慈… |
[25:56] | beautiful woman I have ever met. | 漂亮的女人 |
[26:03] | And I’m in love with you. | 而我喜欢上你了 |
[26:19] | * My honey, I know with the dawn * | “亲爱的 我知道 日出后 |
[26:24] | * that you will be gone * | “你便会离开 |
[26:29] | * but tonight you belong to me * | “不过今晚你属于我 |
[26:34] | * just too little old me * | “就我这个人” |
[26:38] | – Good. – Say, uh, attention please. | – 好 – 请注意 |
[26:39] | We’re gonna make one last ill-fated attempt at having dinner. | 我们要做最后一次注定要 失败的尝试–吃晚餐 |
[26:43] | Your presence is requested in the dining room. | 请你们都到饭厅去 |
[26:48] | These people like to play with fire. | 这些人都喜欢玩火 |
[26:50] | Tell me about it. | 跟我说说 |
[26:51] | I ain’t goin’ back in there. | 我才不回去 |
[26:53] | Smart kid. | 聪明的孩子 |
[27:05] | I have a question, Edwin. | 我有个问题 Edwin |
[27:07] | I can’t help but think, uh, you’re a bit of a mental, right? | 我忍不住在想 呃 你精神有点不好 是吧 |
[27:10] | I am. Carrots, please. | 是啊 胡萝卜 麻烦了 |
[27:11] | Why would social services ever put a-a child in your care? | 为什么社会服务机构 会丢个毛孩给你照顾 |
[27:16] | What’s wrong with me other than being mentally unbalanced? | 除了精神不好 我还有什么问题 |
[27:18] | This is a country that regulates everything except Wall Street and the rich, | 这个国家无所不管 除了华尔街和富人 |
[27:21] | who we let run amok, but everything else. | 我们能容忍富人为非作歹 |
[27:24] | Parenting–that’s the hardest job anywhere. | 养孩子–无论在哪 都是最难的 |
[27:27] | What’s your point? | 讲重点 |
[27:28] | How can we pass out children to nut jobs, especially little black children, | 我们怎么能把孩子丢给疯子照顾 特别是小黑鬼 |
[27:32] | who typically are at risk and need the best parenting? | 他们很危险的 所以需要最好的照顾 |
[27:36] | What? | 什么? |
[27:37] | Do you know, Denny, that the fastest growing segment of homeless in this country is children? | Denny 你知道我国无家可归的人中 增速最快的那部分是孩子吗 |
[27:41] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 那又怎样 |
[27:42] | It’s got to do with these kids need homes. | 这些孩子需要家 |
[27:43] | You know, I’m–I’m not sure I like where this is heading. | 我–我觉得事态的发展可能不妙 |
[27:46] | Maybe we could change the subject. | 也许我们能换一下话题 |
[27:48] | We’re all out of subjects. | 我们没有话题了 |
[27:49] | Well, maybe we could talk about bankruptcy. That might pick up– | 我们谈破产吧 也许它会– |
[27:51] | Oh, damn it. | 哦 他妈的 |
[27:52] | There’s nothing wrong with bankruptcy, Shirley. It’s the in thing to be these days… | 谈破产没什么不行的 Shirley 这些日子它很流行 |
[27:55] | Oh, good, you’re gonna make fun of poverty now. | 哦 妙极了 你要笑贫了 |
[27:56] | Hey, how about all those poor schmucks… Losing their homes? | 嘿 谈谈那帮可怜的傻逼… 如何无家可归怎么样 |
[27:59] | – I bet that’s fun. – I’m not making fun of those schmucks. | – 我肯定 很有趣的 – 我不是拿那堆傻逼做笑柄 |
[28:01] | It’s the schmucks in suits that I’m making fun of. | 我所开涮的是那帮西装革履的傻逼 |
[28:02] | Do we have to fight? | 我们一定要吵开来吗 |
[28:04] | Can we just eat and make small talk and pretend we like each other? | 我们能否只是边吃边聊 装作彼此有爱呢 |
[28:08] | Hell, we do like each other. Why these guys– | 该死 我们彼此有爱 为什么这些人– |
[28:09] | Will you shut up? | 你闭嘴好不 |
[28:14] | That was aggressive. | 这可有点儿冲 |
[28:18] | I’m sorry. I just… | 很抱歉 我只是… |
[28:23] | It was my fault. I should never… | 是我的错 我本不该… |
[28:26] | The truth is, Carl, I… | 其实 Carl 我… |
[28:29] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[28:32] | I guess I wanted a big, noisy dinner because sometimes… | 我要个大型 热闹的晚餐会 是因为有时… |
[28:38] | when the din is loud, I can… hear him. | 当喧闹声响起 我就能…听到他说话 |
[28:45] | Hear who? | 听到谁说话 |
[28:52] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[28:58] | This is my first Thanksgiving without him, ever, and… | 这是我第一次没和他共渡感恩节… |
[29:03] | I apologize, but, uh, it’s hard to face the quiet, and I… | 我道歉 但是 呃 面对寂静是很难的 而我 |
[29:08] | I guess I can find comfort in tumult. | 我以为能在吵闹中找到安慰 |
[29:20] | Well, once again, thank you all very much. | 再一次感谢你 |
[29:22] | She said she liked the tumult. | 她说 她喜欢这场吵闹 |
[29:23] | And why are you making it all about you? | 为什么你把自己当主角 |
[29:25] | This was supposed to be a quiet dinner between Shirley and me. | 这本来是Shirley和我之间的安静的晚餐 |
[29:28] | Well, that certainly would’ve been dull. Can you imagine? | 那肯定会无聊死的 还用想? |
[29:30] | I wonder what you might have talked about. | 我在纳闷 你们到时会谈些什么 |
[29:31] | Probably about how the firm is going broke. | 也许是关于律所是怎么破产的 |
[29:38] | The firm is going broke? | 律所要破产了? |
[29:42] | Did I know this… and forget? Did I? | 我知道了…然后忘记了吗? 是吗 |
[29:46] | No, Denny. You didn’t know. | 不 Denny 你之前是不知道的 |
[29:49] | Well, what’s happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[29:51] | There he goes, making it all about him again. | 他又来了 又把自己当主角了 |
[29:53] | Oh, will you shut up? | 哦 你闭嘴好吗 |
[29:54] | No, Carl. It affects us, too. | 不 Carl 它也会殃及我们 |
[29:58] | What’s going on? | 什么事 |
[30:08] | The firm is broke. | 律所破产了 |
[30:31] | We’re exploring a number of ways to get an influx of capital. | 我们在探讨各种增加现金流的办法 |
[30:35] | – We believe we can– – How could this happen? | – 我们相信 我们能够– – 怎么会这样? |
[30:37] | How? We got hammered, Denny, just like everybody else. | 怎么会? 我们被搞了 Denny 就像别人一样 |
[30:39] | My name is on the door! | 我的名字在门上 |
[30:40] | Why wasn’t I told, damn it? | 为什么没告诉我 妈的 |
[30:42] | They knew you’d be upset. | 因为他们知道你会心烦的 |
[30:43] | Next thing, you’d be running around telling everybody it was your birthday. | 然后 你就会跑去跟人家说 今天是你生日 |
[30:46] | Gun! | 枪 |
[30:48] | – I’ve been hit! – Denny, for God sake. | – 我被射中啦 – Denny 看在老天份上 |
[30:50] | That’s all I hear. “Denny, for God sake. Denny, for God sake. Denny, for God sake!” | 我听到的都是 “Denny 看在老天份上” “Denny 看在老天份上” “Denny 看在老天份上” |
[30:55] | Why doesn’t anybody tell me the truth? | 为什么没人告诉我真相 |
[30:57] | I am telling you the truth. | 我正在告诉你啊 |
[30:58] | The half-truth. | 半真半假的 |
[30:59] | Ah, I’m losing blood. | 我在流血 |
[31:00] | It was just a paintball, dawg. | 是个彩球而已 兄弟 |
[31:02] | – No, I’m telling you exactly– – What about you and Shirley? | – 不 我在告诉你真相– – 你和Shirley呢? |
[31:05] | What about it? | 干嘛? |
[31:05] | How serious are you? I want to know. | 你来真的吗? 我想知道 |
[31:09] | Actually, we sort of all do. | 其实 我们都想知道 |
[31:18] | Okay. | 好 |
[31:30] | Now you know before even Shirley. | 现在你比Shirley都先知道了 |
[31:32] | My plan, after our intimate little dinner together, alone, | 我的计划是 共进二人甜蜜晚餐 |
[31:35] | without any of you, was to ask her to marry me. | 没你们捣乱 之后向她求婚 |
[32:07] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗 |
[32:08] | As partner, I’m on the hook for the firm’s debts. | 作为合伙人 我也得承担律所的债务 |
[32:10] | I could be losing money. | 我也会亏钱的 |
[32:13] | Jerry, I’m not quite sure how to respond to your little revelation. | Jerry 我不是很确定 该如何回应你的发现 |
[32:17] | You don’t need to. It’s my problem, not yours. | 你没必要 那是我的问题 不是你的 |
[32:19] | It’s my problem if it affects our friendship. | 如果它影响到我们的友谊 那它就是我的问题 |
[32:21] | I remain committed to the friendship. I won’t let this– | 我依然忠于这段友谊 我不会让这些– |
[32:24] | Easier said than done. | 说起来容易 做起来难 |
[32:29] | Perhaps we should seek out some sort of couples’ therapy. | 也许我们应该试试伴侣问题咨询 |
[32:32] | We’re not a couple, remember? | 我们不是一对儿 记得不 |
[32:34] | Well, yes, we are. | 是的 我们是 |
[32:35] | Perhaps not one romantically linked, but one just the same– | 也许不是那种浪漫关系的 但也没什么不同– |
[32:39] | quite an extraordinary couple with a fairly complicated problem. | 非常合拍的一对儿 虽然有些复杂问题的困扰 |
[33:08] | I think you should still ask her. | 我想 你还是应该向她求婚 |
[33:11] | The moment has slightly passed. | 时机刚过 |
[33:13] | No, it hasn’t. | 没 还没有 |
[33:14] | If it’s meant to be, Carl, it’s the perfect moment. | 如果天意如此 Carl 现在就是最佳时机了 |
[33:19] | You obviously love her. | 很明显你是爱她的 |
[33:20] | You must feel confident that Shirley loves you. | 你一定对Shirley爱你充满自信 |
[33:25] | Don’t let all of us and our… | 别让我们和我们的… |
[33:27] | foolishness get in your way. | 胡闹妨碍了你 |
[33:30] | Personally, I’m a little discouraged about what it means for my own conjugal prospects with her, but… | 就我来说 它会影响我自己 和她的发生关系的可能性 而我因此有点泄气 |
[33:36] | Clearly she needs cheering up, Carl. | 很明显 她需要开心开心 Carl |
[33:38] | Her father is dead, and the ice cream’s melted. | 他父亲走了 而冰淇淋也融了 |
[33:41] | It was wrong of me to pull this ring out in front of Denny. | 我在Denny面前把戒指拿出来是错的 |
[33:44] | What ring? | 什么戒指 |
[33:48] | Just kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[33:51] | Ask her to marry you, Carl. | 让他嫁给你 Carl |
[33:55] | I want her to be happy, really. | 我要她幸福 真的 |
[33:56] | We all do. | 我们都是这样想的 |
[33:58] | Shirley deserves a good man. You’re a good man, Carl. | Shirley应该配个好男人 而你就是个好男人 Carl |
[34:00] | I know that even if I don’t much like you. | 我知道 尽管我不喜欢你 |
[34:02] | Why is everybody in here? | 为什么大家都在这 |
[34:03] | Oh, you know what? Could everybody just clear out? I’d like a little privacy. | 哦 大家能出去吗 我想要些隐私 |
[34:07] | What’s wrong with having it with us? | 和我们分享又怎么了? |
[34:08] | What’s going on? Why is everybody in here? | 什么事?为什么大家都在这? |
[34:18] | – Carl has news. – No, he doesn’t. | – Carl有新闻 – 没 他没有 |
[34:20] | What news? | 什么新闻 |
[34:24] | Oh, this is not how I planned it. | 哦 我不是这样计划的 |
[34:25] | Planned what? Will somebody tell me what is going on? | 计划什么 有人能告诉我什么事吗 |
[34:30] | Shirley, I… | Shirley 我… |
[34:36] | No, never mind. We’ll discuss it later. | 不 算了 我们待会儿讨论 |
[34:37] | No, we won’t. We’ll discuss it right now. | 不 我们不干 我们现在就讨论 |
[34:39] | Hell, where I come from, we grab the bull by the horns, | 天啊 在我家乡 我们都抓牛都直接抓牛角 |
[34:41] | – that’s what we do. – No, no, no, no. Here, I’ll do it. I’ll do it. | – 我们就那样做的 – 不 不 不 不 这儿 我来 我来 |
[34:44] | Shirley… | |
[34:49] | – will you marry… – Carl? | – 你愿意嫁给… – Carl吗? |
[34:54] | He loves you. | 他爱你 |
[34:57] | He wants to spend the rest of his life with you. | 他要和你共度余生 |
[35:03] | Carl, i-is this for real? | Carl 来真的吗? |
[35:06] | Uh, except the execution. | 呃 除了实施求婚那部分 |
[35:07] | I didn’t mean for Denny to do my bidding. | 我没打算让Denny照我命令办事 |
[35:09] | Yeah, I’m Cyrano de Bushwhack. | 没错 我是Cyrano de Bushwhack 小鼻子情圣 (Cyrano de Bergerac 大鼻子情圣) |
[35:12] | Shirley, I have never loved a woman like I… | Shirley 我从来都没爱过 一个像你这样的女人… |
[35:17] | As of this morning, our relationship was a secret. | 今天早上前 我们还搞地下情 |
[35:20] | Secret’s out, toots. Just… | 秘密曝光了 朋友 只是… |
[35:26] | Denny. | |
[35:31] | Please, Shirley… | 拜托 Shirley |
[35:34] | will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[35:43] | I’ll give you away. | 我会把你交给他的 |
[35:47] | I have had… | 我有过… |
[35:48] | six marriage proposals, | 六次求婚经历了 |
[35:51] | but this is by far the most bizarre. | 但这次是最最怪异的 |
[35:56] | – We’re a bizarre group. – Yeah. | – 我们是群怪异的人 – 没错 |
[35:58] | Do me the honor of spending the rest of your life with me. | 给我这个荣幸 和我共度余生吧 |
[36:08] | I would love to marry you, Carl. | 我愿意嫁给你 Carl |
[36:15] | Really? | 真的 |
[36:18] | – Denny… – May I kiss– | – 我可以亲.. – Denny… |
[36:20] | I-I would like to kiss Carl, so… | 我–我想吻Carl 所以… |
[36:27] | Um, is the day rescued? | 呃 心情转好了吗 |
[36:30] | Consider it saved. | 嗯 很不错了 |
[36:47] | All right, contrary to vicious rumors, the ice cream is not all melted. | 好 和恶毒的谣言相反 雪糕还没化完 |
[36:51] | Jerry, one scoop or two? | Jerry 要一勺还是两勺 |
[36:52] | Just one, thank you. | 就一勺 谢谢 |
[36:54] | There you are. | 给 |
[36:56] | Katie, this your slice. | Katie 这是你的肉片 |
[36:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:59] | I am a 2-scoop kind of guy, if you don’t mind. | 我是”两勺人” 如果你不介意的话 |
[37:02] | Really? And I’ve always thought you were a scoop short. | 真的吗 我还以为你得要三勺呢 |
[37:04] | – Say it for me, Jerry. – Hoot. | – 替我说吧 Jerry – 傻冒儿 |
[37:08] | So everybody have a slice now? | 现在大家都有了吗 |
[37:10] | – Yes. – Thank you. | – 有了 – 谢谢 |
[37:14] | – May I just say– – No! | – 我能不能说– – 不能 |
[37:18] | Well, I’m gonna say it just the same. | 随便吧 我反正还是说了 |
[37:20] | I grew up in a very estranged… | 我出生在一个很疏远的… |
[37:25] | unhappy… house. | 不幸福的…家庭里 |
[37:28] | Most Thanksgivings, my mother spent serving dinner at other people’s homes, | 大多数感恩节 我妈都在别人家里做饭 |
[37:32] | and my father would spend it… | 而我爸… |
[37:37] | I spent many of Thanksgivings in my room, | 大多数感恩节 我都呆在自己的房间里 |
[37:41] | imagining what big family dinners were like and– | 想象着一家人共进晚餐是什么样子的– |
[37:44] | Alan, is this gonna be like a closing? | Alan 不会又和你的结案陈词一样长吧 |
[37:50] | And as I imagined it… | 正如我以前想的… |
[37:52] | it was almost exactly like… this. | 它就像…这样 |
[37:59] | A whole bunch of people actually talking, right there in each other’s faces, | 一大群人聊天 在每个人的脸上 |
[38:04] | laughing one second and angry the next and… | 一会笑 一会怒… |
[38:07] | look what we’ve covered today– | 看看我们今天所谈过的话题– |
[38:09] | race, politics… | 种族 政治… |
[38:12] | God, marriage, love, death. | 宗教 婚姻 爱情 死亡 |
[38:22] | What fun. | 多有趣啊 |
[38:29] | Thank you for having us, Shirley. | 谢谢你邀请我们 Shirley |
[38:32] | This is… some family. | 这才是…一家人 |
[38:47] | – Thank God for pie. | – 感谢上帝的派 – 感谢上帝的派 – Thank God for pie. |
[38:51] | Everybody put something in their mouth so we can’t talk anymore. | 大家把嘴塞满 那样就不能说话了 |
[39:36] | Denny, are you really okay with them getting married? | Denny 你真的不介意他们结婚吗 |
[39:41] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[39:44] | I will be. | 我会的 |
[39:49] | I harbored this fantasy that we’d… | 我埋藏了个幻想–我们… |
[39:54] | Imagine my loss. It could be the love I never knew. | 想象一下我的损失 可能是我从来都不知道的爱 |
[39:59] | I’ll tell it to you. | 我告诉你 |
[40:02] | Unless I forget. | 如果我没忘记的话 |
[40:06] | How often have you been… | 你多久… |
[40:08] | getting confused like that? | 糊涂一次 |
[40:11] | Well, n-not, uh, not too. | 不 呃 不经常 |
[40:17] | God, if I go the way Shirley’s father did– | 天啊 如果我踏上了 Shirley父亲那条路– |
[40:19] | You won’t. | 你不会的 |
[40:21] | – How do you know that? – Because I’ll shoot you. | – 你怎么知道不会? – 因为我会先射死你的 |
[40:24] | – You wouldn’t actually– – I’ve already bought the gun. | – 你不会的– – 我已经买了枪 |
[40:27] | You promise? | 你保证? |
[40:35] | Denny, you have defied the odds your entire life. | Denny 你一生都反抗宿命 |
[40:40] | You’ll continue to defy the odds. | 而你会继续反抗的 |
[40:43] | You’re probably gonna out live us all. | 可能你比我们都长寿 |
[40:44] | We’ll all be dead and buried, and you’ll still be out there, | 我们死后被葬了 你还活蹦乱跳 |
[40:47] | doing Priceline commercials. | 给”价格在线”公司拍广告 |
[40:53] | All the topics we covered today, we left out… | 我们今天谈到的话题中 我们漏了… |
[40:57] | the afterlife. | 死后的世界 |
[41:00] | Think there is one? | 你觉得会有吗? |
[41:01] | Oh, I don’t… | 哦 我不… |
[41:05] | think we’ll be together somewhere else, on a–on a– | 我想我们会在别的地方相会 在一个–在一个– |
[41:09] | on a bigger balcony, together again? | 在一个更宽大的阳台上再会? |
[41:22] | I do. | 我也是这样想的 |
[41:26] | Will we be naked? | 我们裸体吗 |
[41:30] | I ask because I wonder, are there clothes in heaven? | 我问是因为我在想 天堂有衣服吗 |
[41:35] | And are we as we were when we were young, or are we as we were when we died? | 我们像我们年轻那样还是 我们像我们死时那样 |
[41:42] | Is that important? | 那个重要吗 |
[41:43] | Well, it is to me. | 对我来说是 |
[41:44] | I don’t want to go through the rest of eternity with the, uh, mad cow. | 我不想永远都有 呃 疯牛病 |
[41:50] | I think you are in heaven as you were in the best of times here on earth. | 我想 你在天堂里的样子 就和在凡间最好的时候一样 |
[41:57] | – Like right now? – Like right now. | – 就像现在? – 就像现在 |
[42:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[42:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |