Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第5季第7集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第5季第7集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:00] Previously on “Boston Legal”… 在上一集的波士顿法律
[00:02] Jerry, you’ve made rather a point of saying Jerry 你斩钉截铁地说
[00:04] That this is the year that you will make partner. 你今年会当上合伙人
[00:06] There are many ways of getting that job done, Jerry. 条条大路通罗马 Jerry
[00:09] Prancing around the office as little bo peep 但是在办公室里活蹦乱跳
[00:13] Is not one of the better ones. 并不是条光明正道
[00:14] Do you know what happens to lawyers who make partner, Jerry? 你知道成为律师合伙人后 会有什么下场吗 Jerry
[00:17] They become locked-In, lifers. 他们被羁押起来 判无期徒刑
[00:19] I’m not sure that’s something you want. 我肯定你可不想要那下场
[00:21] Take off your pants, Denise. Dnise 脱裤
[00:23] See, you like to talk. I don’t. I like to do. 你喜欢空谈 我则不然 我喜欢实干
[00:28] Surely you jest. 你肯定是在开玩笑
[00:34] My god, Denny. Can you believe it? 天啊 Denny 你相信吗
[00:36] Election day is almost upon us. 选举日到了
[00:39] You gonna vote? Of course I’m gonna vote. Are you? 你要投票吗 我当然要啦 你呢
[00:42] Never missed a presidential election. 从未错过总统选举
[00:44] And I’m usually right, too. 我通常都对了
[00:45] I’ve been on the winning side 8 times out of the last 11. 最近11次选举 我投的那边赢了8次
[00:49] That’s impressive. Yeah. 真是高瞻远瞩 那是
[00:51] Also an uncanny coincidence, 不过是瞎猫碰上死耗子
[00:53] Since 8 out of the last 11 have also gone republican. 最经11次选举 共和党赢了8次
[00:56] Do tell. 有屁快放 Do tell.
[00:58] So you just always vote republican? 你总是投票给共和党吗
[01:00] – I vote my values. – So this week- – 我投票给我所相信的 – 那本周–
[01:02] I thought we weren’t gonna go there. 我还以为我们不提了呢
[01:04] You’re right. You’re right. 没错 没错
[01:08] – Alan – Who are you voting- – Alan. – 你投谁
[01:09] Never mind. I’m not looking to discuss it. 别介意 我不会八卦的
[01:12] I just… who? 我只是 谁
[01:16] McCain. 麦凯恩
[01:18] Seriously? 真的
[01:19] I’m serious. McCain. 真的 麦凯恩
[01:24] – Denny- – Alan.
[01:25] You’re right. I’m sorry. 没错 不好意思
[01:27] – It’s just- – Come on. – 只是有点 – 拜托
[01:28] – What would possibly possess- – Hey. – 你怎么会 – 嘿
[01:30] I’m sorry. Forget it. 不好意思 算了
[01:32] The important thing is that we both vote. 我们都去投票那才是关键所在
[01:36] That’s right. To voting. 没错 投票
[01:38] Hear, hear. 干杯 干杯
[01:43] – It’s just- – Okay, that’s it. – 只是–有点 – 好了 够了
[01:45] No, no, no, no, no, no. All right, how about this? 不 不 不 不 不 不 好 不如这样
[01:48] I give you my word, I will not speak. 我保证
[01:50] I will not open my mouth if you’ll just give me 如果你给我
[01:53] Two reasons why you’re voting for john McCain-Just two. 两个选约翰麦凯恩的理由 我就闭口不谈 就两个
[01:57] That’s a discussion. 那是在讨论
[01:58] No, it’s not. 不 不是的
[02:00] One person talking does not a discussion make. 自言自语不叫讨论
[02:03] Just two reasons. I won’t talk. 就两个理由 我不会说话的
[02:07] Promise. 我保证
[02:10] Okay. 好
[02:15] If McCain wins, he’ll help save the salmon. 一旦麦凯恩赢了 他会拯救三文鱼的
[02:18] – What? – You’re talking. – 什么 – 你说话了
[02:19] I… 我…
[02:21] The wild salmon stocks in Canada are threatened, 加拿大的野生三文鱼储量正受到威胁
[02:24] Either by climate change, fish farming, sea lice. 而其成因是气候变化 渔业和海岸线后退
[02:27] Once the salmon go, there goes half the ecosystem. 三文鱼一旦绝种 半个生态系统也就瘫痪了
[02:30] I don’t need to tell you. 我不说你也知道的
[02:35] And, uh, McCain will save them? 麦凯恩会拯救它们的
[02:36] – Not directly… – Wh- – 不直接地 – 为什么
[02:38] But the polls show that if McCain wins, 但民意测试显示 如果麦凯恩当选
[02:40] It’s like a third term of bush. 这四年就等于是布什的第三任期
[02:43] A lot of Americans will immigrate to Canada, 很多美国人都移民到加拿大去
[02:45] The smart ones. 去的都是诸葛亮
[02:46] The intelligence level of Canada goes up, 加拿大的诸葛亮一多
[02:48] And they’ll figure out how to save the salmon. 他们就会知道如何拯救三文鱼了
[02:53] And the second reason? 第二个理由是
[02:55] Women… 女人…
[02:57] Are easier… 更容易上钓了
[02:59] During a republican administration. 在共和党执政期间是这样子的
[03:01] It’s a fact. 事实是这样的
[03:02] During democratic regimes, volunteerism goes up. 民主党执政期间 志愿者数量节节上升
[03:06] And you get a lot of women running around for this cause or that, 基于这种或那种理由 女人就开始瞎忙
[03:08] And they start to think that they have something to say. 然后她们会以为她们该发表意见
[03:11] Republicans tend to reinforce the idea 共和党趋向于强调
[03:13] That woman’s place is in the home on her back. 女人就应该呆在家里 躺在床上
[03:17] Now I’m not even taking into account 我现在都还没算上
[03:20] All the women that’ll be depressed if McCain wins. 那些如果麦凯恩赢了会郁闷的女人们
[03:23] Sad girls are easy girls. 伤心的女人更容易上钓
[03:26] I don’t need to tell you. 我不必说你也知道的
[03:28] They’re vulnerable. 她们很脆弱的
[03:29] Salmon and women, Alan. 三文鱼和女人 Alan
[03:33] In the end, it’s all about spawning. 总结来说 都是为了繁衍生息
[03:36] Drill, baby, drill. 不停”打洞” 不停出宝宝
[03:38] You vote your values. 我们该为自己的信仰投票
[04:18] I think when you make that decision, 我在想 当你做那决定时
[04:19] It might be well if you would ask yourself- 你抚心自问–
[04:21] Are you better off than you were four years ago? 你比四年前过得更好吗
[04:26] Is it easier for you to go 对你来说
[04:27] – And buy things in a store? – You called? – 去商店买东西变得更加简便了吗 – 你打电话给我了
[04:29] I did. I have a case I think you’ll enjoy second chairing. 是的 我有件案子 你会享受在里面当副手的
[04:33] Oh, yes. I so enjoy sitting in a courtroom all day long 当然 我好享受整天 都坐在法庭里的感觉
[04:37] – While you go on and on and on- – Why are you being? – 看着你滔滔不绝– – 你怎么这么恶心
[04:40] This happens to be a case you’ll enjoy. 这件案子恰好是你会享受的
[04:42] In fact, the client is a cattle rancher. 事实上 当事人是位牛场主
[04:44] So far, so good? 目前感觉还好吗
[04:48] Will I be allowed to touch her? 我能摸她吗
[04:50] – The case involves mad cow. – Does she have it? – 这件案子牵涉到疯牛病 – 她有这个病吗
[04:52] No. 没
[04:53] ‘Cause that would give us a great deal in common. 同病相怜会令我们有共同语言的
[04:55] Denny, slow down. Denny 欲速则不达
[04:56] On her ranch, 在她农场里
[04:57] They test every cow to screen for mad cow-Every cow. 他们给每头牛做疯牛病检测 每一头
[05:02] – And? – And now the government won’t let her. – 然后呢 – 然后政府禁止其行为
[05:04] Why not? 为什么会禁止呢
[05:05] Well, that’s the question. 这就是问题了
[05:06] So we’re suing the united states department of agriculture. 所以我们要控告美国农业部
[05:10] – It’s an excellent cause. – Great. – 其诉因很有力 – 太好了
[05:12] Hey, Alan. You ready? 嘿 Alan 准备好了吗
[05:15] Carol, this is Denny crane. Carol 这是Denny Crane
[05:16] He’ll be second chairing. 我副手
[05:18] It’ll be my mission in life to get you off. 我人生的使命就是救你出苦海
[05:20] I’m not charged with anything. 我又没缠上官司
[05:21] Even so, you’re the best client I ever had. 尽管这样 你是我见过的最好的当事人
[05:25] – When shall I have you? – What is up with this guy? – 我什么时候才能抓住你的芳心 – 这人有什么毛病
[05:28] He likes to make a good first impression. 他想给人留下深刻的第一印象
[05:30] Yeah? Well, he’s running out of time. 是吗 他没有时间了
[05:31] Let’s go. 走吧
[05:37] Oh, my god. 哦 天啊
[06:04] Jerry.
[06:05] Carl.
[06:07] What can I do you for, big guy? 有什么可以帮忙的 老兄
[06:11] Sorry. 很抱歉
[06:12] Ever go to the 28th floor? 去过28楼吗
[06:13] Not if I can help it. 我倒希望没有
[06:15] Do you know what happens on the 28th floor, Jerry? 在28楼是干嘛的 你知道吗 Jerry
[06:17] I was a tax attorney here for seven years, Carl. 我在这里做税务律师7年了 Carl
[06:19] I’m quite familiar with what goes on there. 任何风吹草动都逃不过我法眼
[06:20] Hmm. Well, the 28 floor is where the big conference room is, Jerry, 大型会议室就在28楼 Jerry
[06:24] Where they assemble all of the administrative partners. 所有的行政合伙人都在那里会晤
[06:28] You know who I mean. 你是知道我意思了吧
[06:29] The ones that have that silly annual meeting 召开年会
[06:31] Where they decide who makes partner. 决定谁会是合伙人的地方
[06:33] Yes, Carl, I get it. 没错 Carl 我知道了
[06:38] Okay. Now I’ve already recommended you. 好 我已经引荐你了
[06:41] – Whether that’ll be enough- – Will Shirley recommend me? – 那是否足够 – Shirley会推荐我吗
[06:43] She did, but she’s in Colorado at the moment, 她推荐了 但她现在在科罗拉多州
[06:46] So she can’t present herself in person. 所以不能出席会议
[06:47] Why is she in Colorado? 为什么她去了科罗拉多州
[06:48] We have a… she has a second home there. 我们有 她在那里有第二个家
[06:52] She figured since Massachusetts is in the bag, 她想到 既然麻省已经稳操胜券
[06:54] That she should make her vote count. 那么她应该使得她的一票有价值
[06:56] Colorado is still up for grabs, so she registered to vote there. 科罗拉多州的形式依然不明 所以她注册了去那里投票
[06:59] A bit odd, isn’t it? 有点儿奇怪 不是吗
[07:00] Shouldn’t it be about who gets the most votes, 难道它不应该是谁得到更多的总票数
[07:01] Not which state the vote comes from? 而非优势州数吗
[07:03] That would be too easy, Katie. 那就太容易得手了 Katie
[07:07] Congratulations, Jerry. 恭喜 Jerry
[07:08] – If I make it. – You’ll make it. It’s your time. – 如果我大功告成的话 – 你会的 时来运转了
[07:16] You? 你
[07:17] And what is wrong with me? 有什么问题
[07:19] Oh, nothing. You seem perfect- 哦 没事 你看起来完美无瑕
[07:21] As delicious and repressed as ever in your crisply pressed blouse. 就像以往穿着完美熨烫 的裤装那样倾国倾城
[07:26] Alan.
[07:26] – Denise – Ah. – Denise. – 啊
[07:29] How’s the baby? 孩子怎么样了
[07:31] She’s, um, wonderful. 很好
[07:32] I see you got your figure back. 我发现你身材回复了
[07:34] I see you’ve kept yours. 我发现你还是大胖墩
[07:36] – Sex later? – We’ll talk. – 待会上床 – 待会再说
[07:37] All rise. 全体起立
[07:39] “Docket number 4-7-7-5-6-2- “诉讼事件表编号 4-7-7-5-6-2–
[07:42] – “Hober ranch vs. “… – That was just lawyer banter. – “Hober农场诉”… – 不过是律师间逢场作戏而已
[07:43] I would never stray on you. 我不会离你而去的
[07:44] “The united states department of agriculture. “ “美国农业部”
[07:47] Good morning, your honor. 早上好 法官大人
[07:48] It’s us-Your favorite litigants. We’re back again. 我们是你最喜欢的诉讼人 我们又见面了
[07:50] I’m sure you’re not surprised. 我肯定你不会感到惊呀的
[07:51] No, no, I am not, 不 不 我不会的
[07:54] Especially since, once again, you’re suing the government. 特别是因为 又一次 你来控告政府
[07:58] – If I had a nickel for every- – How about this? – 如果每次给我一分钱– – 这个提议怎么样
[08:00] We’ll write you check, you rule in our favor- 我们给你开支票 你判我们赢–
[08:03] It’ll be just like old times. 一如既往
[08:04] Speaking of old times, look who’s against us. 说到既往 看看我们的对手是谁
[08:07] Denise Bauer-Here to sweep us off our feet. Denise Bauer 让我们拜倒在她石榴裙下
[08:10] And check out our client. She sweeps everybody off their feet. 然后看看我们的当事人 让所有拜倒在她石榴裙下
[08:13] Everywhere you look, it’s sweeps, sweeps, sweeps. 所见之处皆为石榴裙
[08:16] Do we write that check out to you personally or- 支票是开给你个人呢 还是–
[08:20] What is this stupid case about anyway? 这起傻案子是关于什么的
[08:22] Judge, I’ll tell you what it’s about. I run a cattle ranch. 法官 我来告诉你是关于什么的 我经营一家农场
[08:26] I sell beef. I test my cattle for mad cow disease. 是卖牛肉的 我给牛群做疯牛病检测
[08:29] I test every single animal. 每一头牛我都做
[08:30] – The government’s put a stop to it. – Why? – 但政府却禁止此事 – 为什么
[08:33] Why? Because the other meat packers, the bigger ones- 为什么 因为其他规模更大的肉品企业
[08:35] You know, the ones that have bought and paid 就是那些
[08:37] For the U.S.D.A.- They don’t want to test every cow. 和美国农业部有买卖关系的企业 不想给每头牛做检验
[08:39] It’s too expensive, but if they don’t test, 成本太高 但如果不做检验
[08:41] They’re afraid the consumer won’t buy their meat. 又恐怕消费者不买他们的肉
[08:43] I’m sorry, your honor, but if she’s going to testify- 很抱歉 法官阁下 但她要作证的话
[08:46] Oh, sweetie,? 哦 美女 我没作证
[08:47] But you are, in the narrative, so if you’d like to take 你有 你在陈述 如果你
[08:49] That chair up there, that’s fine, but I want my licks. 想上台作证 那好 但我要质证(舔你)
[08:52] Take a number. 你得先排队
[08:53] Hold on! We will conduct an evidentiary hearing, 且慢 我们会进行证据庭审
[08:56] And we shall conduct it forthwith. 而且是要立即进行
[08:58] 2:00, right after lunch. Mr. Shore, you can go first, 两点 午餐过后 Shore先生 你可以走先了
[09:02] And you can put your expert up here. 你把专家证人放上来就行
[09:06] Chicka-Chicka-Chicka-Chicka- Chicka-Chicka-Choo.
[09:08] Chicka-Chicka-Chicka-Chicka- Chicka-Chicka-Choo.
[09:10] Chicka-Chicka-Chicka-Chicka- Chicka-Chicka-Choo.
[09:16] Katie. Welcome. Hello. Katie 欢迎 你好
[09:17] Hey. That’s a bit catchy, I must say. 嘿 我得说 很好听呢
[09:22] It’s kind of a motivational chant, 是激励的歌儿
[09:24] An “I can do it” sort of thing. 就像”我行”之类的话而已
[09:26] It’s possible the administrative partners 有可能行政合伙人
[09:28] Will call me in for an interview, 会叫我去面试
[09:29] So I want to be ready. 所以我要做好准备
[09:31] Ah. Jerry, they’ve called me. Jerry 他们叫我了
[09:35] You? Why? 你 为什么
[09:37] I can’t imagine. 不得而知
[09:38] I shouldn’t think it’s because I’m being considered for partnership. 不会是因为考虑我为合伙人
[09:42] I suspect they’re asking me to proffer testimony of sorts on you. 我怀疑他们想叫我讲些关于你的情况
[09:46] Oh. Well… what will you say? 你会说什么
[09:50] Well, only wonderful things of course. 当然都是好的方面了
[09:53] I’ll tell them you’re a very dear man 我会告诉他们 你是个大好人
[09:55] Who pops and purrs and chicka-Chicka-Choos 嘴里叽里呱啦的
[09:57] With the best and the brightest. 还说得余音绕梁
[09:59] Only wonderful things, I promise. 只是好的方面啦 我保证
[10:06] I’ve been waiting for this, Katie. Katie 我在等的就是它
[10:08] When I came back to this firm, 我重回这件律所
[10:10] It was mainly for this- 为的主要就是它
[10:12] To get something I was denied the first time, 得到我第一次被拒绝的东西
[10:17] Something I so rightly deserved, 我应得的东西
[10:21] Something I was gypped out of because… 一些我被骗走的东西 因为…
[10:26] Listen to me, I sound like Hillary. 我的话听起来就像希拉里
[10:42] First of all, we have no real way of knowing 第一 我们无法确切知道
[10:45] How widespread mad cow disease is among humans. 有多少人感染了疯牛病
[10:47] The symptoms are similar to Alzheimer’s, 其症状跟老年痴呆症一模一样
[10:49] – So the diagnosis- – Objection. – 其诊断– – 反对
[10:50] Your honor, the witness is not competent 法官阁下 这位证人无法
[10:52] – To offer a medical opinion. – It’s a lay opinion. – 提供医学判断 – 这是个常理
[10:55] This is common knowledge that’s out there. 这是家喻户晓的常识
[10:57] We don’t know, so why not be safe? 我们不清楚 所以为什么不以安全第一呢
[10:59] That’s the policy at my ranch. 那是我们农场的政策
[11:00] We want to test every cow so we can be safe. 我们要给每头牛做检验来保证我们的安全
[11:03] How dare the federal government say I can’t do so? 联邦政府好大胆子 敢说我们不能这样做
[11:06] Ms. Hober, I think the government would argue Hober小姐 政府会争论道
[11:08] That the testing of every cow isn’t necessary since you- 给每头牛做检验是画蛇添足 因为你
[11:10] So what? 那又怎么样
[11:11] Why should they prohibit us from doing so 为什么他们禁止我们这样做
[11:13] If we’re willing to bear the expense? 如果我们愿意承担费用
[11:15] – It’s ludicrous. – Ms. Hober. – 真是贻笑大方 – Hober小姐
[11:17] Oh, look, even if you think our testing is overkill, 尽管你认为我们的检测是画蛇添足
[11:19] I repeat, so what? 我重复 那又怎么了
[11:21] The U.S.D.A. Testing requirements are pathetic. 美国农业部的检测方式太可笑了
[11:23] Why? 为什么
[11:24] Let me put it this way- Right now, 我这样说吧 现在
[11:26] Slaughterhouses can pick which cow they choose to test. 屠宰场来决定哪头牛要做检测
[11:29] It’s voluntary. So basically, they can cherry-Pick 其选择是自主性的 所以基本上它们都是讲过精心挑选的
[11:31] The ones that look healthy, which is exactly what they do. 龙精虎猛的的 才是他们要的
[11:33] If one looks sick, you think they’re gonna test that one 如果它精神萎靡 你认为他们会给那头做检验吗
[11:35] And risk getting their plant shut down? It’s a joke. 你认为他们会冒工厂倒闭 的风险吗 真是贻笑大方
[11:38] The last study showed that fewer than one in one million adult cattle 最新资料显示 少于十万分之一的成年牛
[11:42] Were affected with mad cow disease- 受疯牛病感染
[11:43] And that would if you ate the bad burger? 那么如果你品尝了有问题的汉堡后 你这么想能感觉好点吗
[11:47] I want to make sure none of mine are infected. 我要保证没有人受到感染
[11:49] And by the way, 顺便说句
[11:50] 95% of people are willing to pay the extra cost for that guarantee. 95%的人为了保证健康 心甘情愿地支付额外成本
[11:54] So why won’t the government let me? 为什么政府不允许我们呢
[11:56] Yes, I believe you’ve made? 对 我相信你已经说明了这点了
[11:58] Well, why don’t I make another point, okay? 为什么我不再讲讲另外一点呢 好吗
[12:01] Maybe meat packers could make more money if they did test, 如果他们做检测的话 也许肉品企业会获得更多利润的
[12:04] Because right now, there are 65 countries 因为目前有65个国家
[12:06] That restrict imported u. S. Meat 反对进口美国牛肉
[12:08] Because the testing is so inadequate. 都拜检测工作不满足要求所赐
[12:11] Ah, so now you want to tell them how to run their business? 你在教他们如何管理吗
[12:14] How about they not tell me how to run mine? 不如叫他们别教我如何管理吧
[12:16] I mean, what is up with the department of agriculture? 我是说 农业部干嘛了
[12:18] Would somebody please fill me in? 能不能来个人和我说说?
[12:20] Besides maybe some giant bribe job? 除了其中的严重职务行贿
[12:22] Oh, all right. 够了
[12:29] Try to be as unbiased as possible. 尽量公平
[12:30] If you speak as a loyal friend, you’ll be less persuasive. 如果你以死党的语气说话 你的说服力会大打折扣的
[12:33] – Just stay objective… – Okay. – 保持客观… – 好
[12:35] – And respectful. – Unbiased, objective, respectful-Got it. – 有礼 – 公正 客观 有礼 都铭记在心了
[12:38] Now we’re not so much interested in old history. 现在我们既往不咎
[12:41] Most of us are fairly caught up to the point 我们都清楚
[12:44] Where he attacked Shirley Schmidt with a knife. 他曾持刀袭击Shireley
[12:46] He’s been doing much better of late. 他事后变乖了
[12:49] Yes, and we see that he’s had an excellent track record as a litigator. 没错 我们知道 作为一名律师 其工作记录良好
[12:53] Carl sack and Shirley Schmidt have spoken highly. Carl Sack和Shireley Schmidt 对他赞不绝口
[12:57] But, Katie… Jerry has remained fairly segregated 但是Katie…Jerry一直很孤僻
[13:01] From almost everybody but you. 除了你之外的人很自闭
[13:03] As you know, part of being a partner is people skills. 你知道 从某种意义上来说 作为合伙人 要求良好的与人交往的能力
[13:07] Jerry’s are fine. Jerry没问题的
[13:09] He may startle people at first with his various ticks, 一开始 他的小动作也许会使人不安
[13:12] But anyone that spends more than a minute with him knows him to be a man 但和他呆久了就知道他是个
[13:15] Of exemplary warmth and intelligence. 热心而聪明的人
[13:18] – Does he date? – Is that relevant? – 他和女人约会吗 – 这有什么关系
[13:20] Well, not necessarily, but we’re told 没关系 但是我们得知
[13:22] He was with a woman last year who left him for an iphone. 去年他和一个女人好上了 但她为了一台Iphone而离他而去
[13:25] That spoke more to her character flaws than his. 这应该是说明了那个女子的人格缺点吧
[13:28] We’re told he’s had a relationship with an inanimate doll. 我们得知 他和一个玩具娃娃有段风流史
[13:32] Uh, that was a prop of sorts, 那是道具来的
[13:34] For him to develop intimacy skills with women, 是为了帮他改善与女孩相处的技巧
[13:36] Which skills have improved. He no longer sees the doll. 而他的技巧得到了改善 他不需要那娃娃了
[13:40] Why is it he walks around with his hands glued to his thighs? 为什么他走路时双手要贴着大腿呢
[13:43] Jerry has asperser’s syndrome. His ha- Jerry患有艾斯伯格综合症 他的手
[13:45] I’m not quite comfortable with the tenor of these questions. 我对这些问题的主旨感到不是很舒服
[13:48] If the purpose of this interview is to characterize Jerry 如果这次见面的目的 是把Jerry刻画成
[13:51] As some sort of weirdo who- 个怪人之类的
[13:52] Katie, it’s not that at all. It’s just- Katie 不是那样的 只是
[13:54] Just what? Jerry has various quirks and manners. 只是什么 Jerry有各种怪癖和小动作
[13:59] That makes him a bit different. He’s not odd. He is not weird. 而使得他与众不同 他不是怪人也不是傻瓜
[14:02] I should think you’d be privileged to have him. 你们应该网开一面
[14:04] A partnership from employment, Ms. Lloyd. Lloyd小姐 合伙关系和雇佣关系 是大相径庭的
[14:06] It’s not just about his lawyering skills 它不仅仅是讲究其职业技能
[14:09] Or whether he’s a warm person. 或者他是否是个热心人
[14:10] It’s about how well he fits in with the group. 而是讲究他如何良好地融入这个团体
[14:13] Will we feel comfortable with each other? 我们之间会感到融洽吗
[14:15] Will he blend in with others? Will he- 他能融入到我们中吗 他能
[14:17] Is that why I see? 那就是我在这儿没看到任何黑人的原因了?
[14:21] That was an inappropriate remark, Katie. 你的评论不太得体 Kaite
[14:24] Well, it’s just when I hear, 只是当我听到
[14:26] “Who we’ll feel comfortable with,” “会与我们相处融洽”
[14:27] It brings up ugly overtones. 我就感觉到其中丑陋的暗示
[14:30] When I look and see an old white establishment in this room 当我看到这间房子里的白人组织
[14:33] And hear terms like “fitting in,” it sounds a bit frightening. 听到类如”融入”这样的字眼 我感到有点害怕
[14:37] Jerry Espenson could quite bring something to this table Jerry Espenson可能会带一些东西到这里
[14:39] That might be lacking, better yet, needed. 那可能是这里缺少的 甚至是需要的
[14:41] I realize I’m British and might sound like 我意识到 我是英国人 也许听起来
[14:43] A bit of a bigot when I say this, 有点偏执 当我说那些话的时候
[14:45] But why are Americans so bloody committed to 但为什么美国人在一切都正分崩离析的时候
[14:47] The past or the present when everything is falling apart? 还偏执于过去或者现在呢
[14:51] You’re all making less money, 你们的收入在下降
[14:52] Your reputation and status continues to plunge 不管在国内还是在国外的法学院
[14:55] Among law schools both here and abroad, 你们的名声和地位日渐低迷
[14:57] And yet, you’re afraid of change? 可是 你们还是害怕改革
[14:59] You don’t need to get? 你没必要如此生气
[15:01] Maybe I do. 也许我是的
[15:02] I was recruited to this firm with various promises 我被这家律所招进来时 是带着各种
[15:05] Of progressiveness and tolerance. 进步和容忍的承诺的进来的
[15:07] It a bit demoralizing to see, behind all the talk, 这实在令人沮丧 看到尽管泛泛其谈
[15:09] The same old’ white boys’ club plans to do business as usual. 到最后还是同样的白人老家伙们 和以前一样把持朝政
[15:13] I smell discrimination in the dusty air, 我闻到空气中弥漫着歧视的气息
[15:15] And I’m not just annoyed, I’m a bit appalled. 我不但感到烦恼 还感到害怕
[15:32] Objective and respectful! 客观并有礼
[15:34] Which part of that little diatribe- 谩骂中的哪一部分
[15:35] – I’m sorry, but when I hear- – Apologize to Jerry. – 很抱歉 但是当我听到– – 对Jerry说抱歉吧
[15:38] He’s the one you screwed, not me. 你害了的人是Jerry 不是我
[15:40] What’s going on? 什么事
[15:42] What happened? 发生什么事情了
[15:45] I got a little cross with the administrative partners. 我对行政合伙人们吵了两句
[15:48] It did not go well, Jerry. 她的面谈不是很成功 Jerry
[15:51] Oh. 哦
[15:53] Am I out? 我没戏了吗
[15:54] Uh, they want to meet with you. 他们要见你
[15:56] Jerry, it’s very important that you come off Jerry 你表现得
[15:58] As reasonable, thoughtful, 合乎常理 深思熟虑很重要
[16:00] As opposed to a pit bull with the lipstick. 别和那个穿了裙子的蛮牛一样 (此处为意译 请勿挑字眼)
[16:04] Whatever they ask, simply respect the question, 无论他们问什么 只管礼貌地回答就是了
[16:07] Not to mention the person asking it. 更别说礼貌得对待问的那个人
[16:08] And then provide a sound, deliberate answer. Basically, 回答问题要论据充足 并经过深思熟虑 基本上
[16:11] I’m telling you the same thing I so wish I had told Katie. 我真希望和你说的这些话 当时都和Katie说一下
[16:21] I’m so sorry, Jerry. 很抱歉 Jerry
[16:24] I don’t think it went as badly as Carl suggests, 我想事情不会像Carl说的那样糟
[16:26] But… I did get cross with them. 但是 我和他们吵开了
[16:30] What happened? 发生什么事情了
[16:31] Well, the questions implied that you were… 他们的问题暗示你
[16:34] Socially challenged, 有社交问题
[16:36] And I’m afraid I took offense. 所以我非常气愤于他们的无理
[16:47] Well, first of all, 首先而言
[16:48] Testing can’t detect mad cow disease 疯牛病检测得
[16:50] Until shortly before the cow develops symptoms. 到牛快发病时进行才有效
[16:52] So… 那么
[16:53] Well, cattle are typically slaughtered between 18 and 24 months of age, 牛大部分在18至24个月大时被屠宰
[16:57] And that’s typically long before the disease is detectable. 此种年龄的牛通常根本不会显示任何病症
[17:00] Look, all this talk about testing, testing, testing- 大家老是说 检测 检测 检测
[17:02] The reality is, testing can’t make a difference. 事实上 检测于事无补
[17:05] So then why bother with testing at all, Mr. Beavis? 那为什么还要检测呢 Beavis先生
[17:08] Well, I suppose if it’s even possible it could help… 我甚至不大相信这能够…
[17:12] Uh, and let’s face it, the public wants to feel safe. 开门见山地讲 公众要感到安全
[17:15] So if testing gives them some confidence in the meat industry, 在肉品行业 如果检测能带给他们信心
[17:19] That’s a good thing. 那是好事情
[17:21] Okay, even if it’s only possible that testing could help, 好 即使检测只是可能有作用
[17:24] Even if it only provides a- A psyclogical lift, 即使它只带来心理上的安全
[17:28] What grounds do you have for stopping my client from testing? 你凭什么禁止我的当事人做检测
[17:31] I’ll tell you the grounds, wise guy. 我告诉你理由 自大狂
[17:33] – Wise guy? – When she advertises -自大狂 -他在广告中
[17:35] That she tests every single one of her cows, 声称她检测每一头牛
[17:38] But she’s the only one who does so… 但只此一家
[17:39] Which is the truth. 而事实上 确实如此
[17:40] She implies that her meat is safe, and that other meat isn’t, 她在暗示 她的牛肉是安全的 而别的则不是
[17:43] And that is bad for the industry. 上述所为危害行业发展
[17:44] Yeah, but you didn’t ban the advertising, Mr. Beavis. 但是你没有禁止广告啊 Beavis先生
[17:47] Or is it butt-Head? You banned the actual testing itself. 或者说傻帽 你是禁止检测本身而已
[17:50] And by the way, when did it become the goal 顺便说句 保护肉品行业什么时候
[17:53] Of the department of agriculture to protect the meat industry? 成为农业部的目的所在了
[17:56] I always thought it was to safeguard the public, 我总以为它要保护的是公众
[17:58] – Alan – But then again, I’m a wise guy. – Alan. – 但再说一次 我是自大狂
[18:00] This disease kills, not just the cows, but people. 疯牛病残害的不仅仅是牛群 还有人类
[18:02] Have you ever had somebody you love die of mad cow? 你所爱的人中有谁死于疯牛病吗
[18:05] No, and I’ll bet neither have you. 还没 我敢打赌 你也没有
[18:07] It may very well be that somebody I love… 极有可能是一个我所深爱的人
[18:13] There could be many, many people out there 可能很多
[18:16] Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s that, in fact, ate bad beef. 被诊断为老年痴呆症的人 是因为吃了有问题的牛肉
[18:20] Look, if you say that outside this court, 如果你敢在法庭之外说这话
[18:22] You’re gonna get your ass sued. 我们会告惨你
[18:24] I mean, do you think you’re bigger than Oprah? 我是说 你觉得自己比奥普拉还牛吗?
[18:25] If you want to sue me,? 你想告我 尽管来
[18:26] It won’t be me. It’ll be the American cattle association. 不是我 是美国家畜协会
[18:29] Same thing, though- American cattle, department of agriculture. 一样啊 美国家畜 也是农业部的
[18:32] – Objection. – And what’s with you? -反对 -你搞什么?
[18:33] I never object to you. In fact, I quite approve- 我从没反对过你 实际上 我还很支持…
[18:35] -Alan – Alan. – Why can’t she test her cows? -为什么她不能给她的牛做测试?
[18:38] What’s the federal government trying to hide? 联邦政府到底想隐瞒什么?
[18:40] Alan, it’s not fair. Alan 这不公平
[18:41] Just because you’re in front of a judge who’s afraid of you 就算你面前有个怕你的法官
[18:43] Doesn’t give you the right to exploit the situation. 你也不能利用这点占便宜
[18:45] Who says I’m afraid of him? 谁说我怕他了
[18:47] Uh, he does. Uh, he used to say it to me all the time. 他说的 厄 他以前老对我这么说
[18:51] If you rant long enough, judge brown will cower. 如果你够气势汹汹 那Brown法官就会畏缩
[18:54] Um, namby-Pamby, I believe, 厄 软骨头 我相信…
[18:56] – Oh, judge, I never said- – Is the word he used. – 法官大人 我从没这么说过… – 他就是这么说的
[18:57] – How dare you? – She’s making that up. – 你吃了熊心豹子胆了? – 她胡编乱造
[18:59] No, I’m not. 不 我没有
[19:00] – Yes- – Silence! We’ll see who’s afraid. – 有… – 安静! 我们看看谁怕谁
[19:03] – It’s me. I’m afraid. – Silence. – 是我 我怕了 – 安静
[19:08] You lied. 你撒谎
[19:09] Did I? Oh, I’m sorry. 有吗? 啊 抱歉了
[19:19] Well, that was a sneaky move by Denise. Densie玩暗箭伤人
[19:22] Sneaky, unscrupulous, crafty… 阴险 无耻 狡猾
[19:25] – Worthy of us. – Exactly. – 配得上我们 – 没错
[19:28] She’s deliberately trying to fluster me. 她是故意乱我阵脚
[19:33] – Ask her how brad is. – What? – 向她问候Brad – 什么?
[19:35] She was never really in love with brad. We bo know that. 她从没真正爱过Brad 我们都知道
[19:39] She got pregnant with his kid, 她怀了他的孩子
[19:41] So they pretended to love each other, got married. 所以他们假装相爱 结婚
[19:45] Ask her how brad is. 向她问候Brad
[19:46] I’ll bet that puts her on tilt. 我打赌这一定能让她手足无措
[19:51] Denny, that’s genius. Denny 这太天才了
[19:52] Of course it is. I know how to make women crazy. 那是当然 我知道怎么让女人抓狂
[19:56] I just can’t seem to make them crazy over me. 我只是似乎不能让她们为我疯狂
[20:00] No progress with carol? 和Carol没有进展吗?
[20:02] Nah, none. 不 没有
[20:03] You know, Denny, you’ll never win her heart 你瞧 Denny 明天投票让 “George Bush”再干个四年
[20:05] By voting for four more years of George bush tomorrow. 你就永远也赢不了她的芳心
[20:07] -Denny Denny – Here we go. I’m outta here. – Denny. Denny. -又来了 我走了
[20:12] Just think about that. 你想想吧
[20:14] You know what your problem is? 你知道自己的问题所在吗?
[20:15] You expect people to think about things first. 你指望别人先去思考
[20:17] In politics, you go with your gut, what feels good. 在政治上 你要跟着感觉走 只选感觉对的
[20:19] You don’t blink, you don’t think, you don’t hesitate. 不眨眼 不去想 不犹豫
[20:23] You hesitate, your enemies think you’re weak. 你一犹豫 你的敌人就当你是软蛋
[20:24] When will you stupid democrats ever learn? 你们这群愚蠢的民主党什么时候能学会?
[20:27] It’s no wonder you never win. 怪不得你们总输
[20:47] No promises, but I might be able to get them 不做保证 但是我或许可以让他们
[20:49] To wiggle on the testing ban if you agree not to advertise. 把禁检令松动一下 只要你同意不做广告
[20:53] Now how stupid is that? 真是蠢
[20:54] One of the reasons I spend the extra money 我花这笔额外费用的原因之一
[20:56] Is so I can say to the consumer, “we test every cow. “ 就是为了能对消费者说 “我们检测了每头牛”
[20:59] Well, I’m sorry, but that sends the message 那抱歉了 这会传达出这样的信息
[21:01] That the meat industry as a whole isn’t safe. 整个肉品行业不安全
[21:03] It isn’t. 是不安全
[21:04] – Look- – No, you look. -瞧 -不 你瞧
[21:05] If you’re so concerned about the meat industry, 如果你那么关心肉品行业
[21:07] Get them to test. 让他们去做检测吧
[21:08] Alan, you mind controlling your client? Alan 你介意控制一下你的委托人吗?
[21:13] Brad.
[21:15] What? 什么?
[21:16] How’s brad? Brad好吗?
[21:18] You know how I love to travel. 你知道我有多喜欢旅行
[21:20] I know brad likes to travel. 我知道Brad喜欢旅行
[21:21] I suddenly found myself fantasizing 我突然开始想象
[21:23] About all the places he gets to go- 所有他会去的地方…
[21:25] Tropical, moist, exotic places I’ve always so yearned to visit. 热带潮湿的充满异国情调的 (热情的 湿润的 不同寻常的) 我一直想去的地方
[21:32] You’re disgusting. 你真恶心
[21:33] But you knew that. 但你知道
[21:35] You haven’t answered my question. 你没回答我的问题
[21:36] – What question? – How’s brad? -什么问题 -Brad好吗?
[21:38] Brad’s gone. We’re not together. Brad走了 我们不在一起了
[21:39] Can we move on? 我们能继续了吗?
[21:43] – Hmm. – I’m sorry, – 嗯 – 抱歉
[21:45] But what is it with you demented people? 你们这些疯子怎么了?
[21:47] It’s how we practice law. 我们就是这么司法实践的
[21:48] Look, I am not agreeing not to advertise. 瞧 我不同意不登广告
[21:52] – Then we don’t settle. – Fine. – 那我们和解不了了 – 好
[21:55] You look sad. Maybe you shouldn’t be alone. 你好伤心 或许不该一个人
[21:58] Back off, fat boy. 退后 死胖子
[22:02] Are you getting a divorce? 你们准备离婚了?
[22:04] Yep. 是的
[22:05] It didn’t work out. 没戏了
[22:09] Denise, I’m sorry. Denise 很遗憾
[22:15] Yeah. 嗯
[22:53] Hello. Welcome. 你们好 欢迎
[22:54] How are you, Jerry? 你好吗 Jerry
[22:55] Oh, I’m splendid. 啊 我好极了
[22:58] A little fraught. 有一点紧张
[23:00] Jerry, let me first say that we are all agreed here Jerry 让我先说一下 在座的都同意
[23:02] That we think you’ve been doing a splendid job. 你出色地完成了工作
[23:06] That being said, however, 但还是得说
[23:07] There are some concerns regarding your social skills. 我们有些担心你的交际能力
[23:11] Yes, I understand. I think I’ve made progress in that area. 是的 我明白 我想在那块上我已经有所进步
[23:14] Thank you. Welcome. 谢谢 欢迎
[23:17] Well, well, well. What do we have here? 啊 啊 啊 大家在这里干什么?
[23:21] Denny Cran glad to see you. Denny Cran 很高兴见到你
[23:24] Big firm meeting, didn’t invite me? 公司大会 怎么没请我?
[23:26] Denny, this is an administrative- Denny 这是管理层…
[23:28] Hey, Paul, I know what this is. 嘿 Paul 我知道是什么
[23:31] Let me save you some time. 让我给你们省点时间
[23:33] See this? This is me, Denny crane- 瞧见了没 这是我 Denny Crane…
[23:35] Founding partner of Crane, Poole & Schmidt. Crane Poole & Schmidt的创办者
[23:37] Look around the room, I don’t see a Poole. 环顾房间 我没看到Poole
[23:40] Don’t see a Schmidt. I see this-A crane. 没看到Schmidt 我看见了一个Crane
[23:43] Bottom line- 底线是…
[23:45] This man makes partner, 要么让这个人成为合伙人
[23:47] Or I walk and take my name off the door with me. 要么我抹去门上我的名字走人
[23:50] Comprende? Parlez-Vous? 懂不懂(西班牙语)?和你说了(法语)
[23:52] Sprechen sie deutsch? 会德语吗(德语)?
[24:01] Denny crane. Have a good day. Denny crane 大家过得愉快
[24:08] Well… 嗯…
[24:09] One might think that that would carry the day, 或许有人觉得就这么定了
[24:13] But one would be wrong. 但那是错的
[24:15] Denny doesn’t carry 就算投票表决
[24:17] Even a plurality equitable interest. Denny也没有发言权
[24:19] Come on, Paul. 拜托 Paul
[24:20] Crane Poole & Schmidt The name of the firm is crane, Poole & Schmidt. 这间事务所的名字是
[24:23] Denny crane has become a liability of late, Carl. Denny Crane最近已经成了累赘 Carl
[24:27] He may have just given us the perfect way to finally unload him. 他或许给了我们一个最好的甩掉他的理由
[24:29] If Denny goes, I go. 如果Denny走了 我也走
[24:32] That’s very admirable, Mr. Espenson, 值得称赞 Espenson先生
[24:33] But I really don’t think you’re well-Situated to be issuing ultimatums. 不过我想你没有立场下这个最后通牒
[24:37] It’s not an ultimatum, it’s a fact. 这不是最后通牒 这是事实
[24:39] If he walks, I walk. Alan shore might, too. 如果他走了 我就走 Alan Shore或许也会走
[24:42] Maybe even Carl. Who knows? We could do a spin-Off. 甚至是Carl 谁知道呢? 我们可以另找东家
[24:44] Don’t think we haven’t been approached already. 别以为没人来挖我们
[24:46] Hell, it’s not like you want the bunch of us anyway. 反正你们也不像是要我们这堆人
[24:48] – Jerry – The network sure doesn’t. – Jerry. – 电视台肯定不要
[24:52] I apologize. 对不起
[24:54] Hmm, I do retreat into… 厄 我会用
[24:58] Well, a wooden cigarette 木头雪茄做掩护
[25:01] When I feel insecure, 当我觉得不安时
[25:03] Which I feel a lot, admittedly. 坦白地说 我很不安
[25:06] I realize that alone might disqualify me 我知道光这一条就能取消我
[25:09] As partnership material. 作为合伙人的资格
[25:11] But might I say… 但请允许我说…
[25:14] In an arena where cutthroat is goo 在角斗场上 凶残是好样的
[25:17] Where a “take no prisoners, eat your young” mentality 当血腥残暴的观念 (不留俘虏 以幼子为食)
[25:21] So often prevails, 如此盛行
[25:23] It might be nice for a law firm to include somebody 或许一家律师事务所内有人
[25:26] Who treats others with selflessness and kindness, 能用无私 善良 正直对待他人
[25:29] Virtues perhaps more noble than unilateralism 而不是以单边主义和虚张声势决定一些
[25:34] And tough-Guy bravado. 这样或许会更好些吧
[25:36] Maybe it’s time for you to start looking for somebody 或许是时候你们去找一位
[25:40] Who can embrace values like… 能有这些品德的人…
[25:46] Humility, graciousness, 谦逊 善良
[25:50] Compassion, 有同情心
[25:52] All tempered with intelligence. 理智行事
[25:56] Maybe the bullying days are over. 或许恃强凌弱的时代已经结束了
[26:26] – All set? – For what? – 准备好了吗? – 什么?
[26:28] We gotta go vote, man. The polls close in a few hours. 我们要去投票 伙计 选举几个小时后就要结束了
[26:31] They’re open till 8:00. 他们八点才结束呢
[26:32] – We gotta get back to court soon. – Let’s not wait too long. – 我们马上就得回法庭 – 希望不用等太久
[26:35] Denny, are you really gonna vote for McCain? Denny 你真要投票给麦凯恩?
[26:38] I thought we said we weren’t gonna discuss this. 我以为我们不会再谈起了
[26:40] Well, I want to discuss it, damn it. 我想谈谈 该死的
[26:41] – The consequences are too big. – Bigger than our friendship? -后果太严重 -比我们的友谊还重要?
[26:44] You know what? Yes. 你知道吗 是的
[26:47] ) Why are you voting for john McCain? 你为什么要投给约翰 麦凯恩
[26:49] And don’t tell me salmon and sex. 别再说是三文鱼和做爱
[26:51] I want a real answer. 我要真正的答案
[26:55] All right. 好吧
[26:59] – Taxes- Obama’s gonna raise ’em. – Of course. -税金 奥巴马会增收 -当然
[27:00] – I don’t want to- – No, he won’t. That’s a blatant lie. – 我不想 – 不 他不会 这是无耻的谎言
[27:03] Obama plans to raise taxes only for the rich, Obama计划只提高富人的税收
[27:06] Those earning over $250,000 a year. 那些年收入超过25万美元的人
[27:08] You know what your problem is? 你知道你有什么问题吗?
[27:10] Yeah, a collapsing economy, two wars- 知道 崩溃的经济 两场战争…
[27:12] No. 不
[27:13] Democrats don’t know how to win. Republicans do. 民主党不知道怎么赢 共和党知道
[27:17] Maybe instead of so smugly celebrating the fact 或许除了沾沾自喜于
[27:20] That republicans know how to win, 共和党知道如何取胜
[27:22] Might you be the least bit disgusted 你最起码会作恶于
[27:24] At the tactics they resort to… 他们采用的手段
[27:25] – Oh, please. – The despicable pandering, -啊 得了 -无耻的迎合
[27:27] Like supporting gas tax holidays 象是支持燃油税假期 (在战争纪念日及劳动节降低汽油柴油税)
[27:29] Or cozying up to the evangelicals 或是奉承福音派教徒
[27:32] Or the most egregious example 我所记得的最坏的一个
[27:34] Of political pandering in memory- 政治皮条客的例子就是
[27:35] John McCain’s choice of running mate? 约翰麦凯恩对竞选伙伴的选择
[27:37] Well, at least she’s run something. 起码她管过些东西
[27:40] … A town called Wasilla, which she left in debt- 在她欠着债离开的一个叫Wasilla的小镇
[27:43] She had executive experience, including foreign policy. 她有管理经验 包括外交政策
[27:46] Foreign policy? What, she can see Russia on a clear day? 外交政策? 什么 就是她能在大晴天里看到俄罗斯?
[27:49] – Can she spell Russia? – She’s just as qualified as… -她能拼出”俄罗斯”吗? -她的能力和…
[27:52] – Denny… – Denny… – As, uh- – 和..厄…
[27:52] She couldn’t name any newspapers she read 她连自己看过的报纸都说不出
[27:55] – Or supreme court decisions- – Gotcha journalism. It was the network- – 也说不出高院的决定 – 以揭人短处的新闻行为 这是电视网
[27:57] Gotcha journalism? Naming a supreme court case? 揭人短处? 让她说个高院的案子?
[28:00] Look, this isn’t about Palin. 瞧 这和佩林无关
[28:01] – It’s about McCain. – Okay, well, what if he dies? – 是在说麦凯恩 – 好吧 那要是他死了呢?
[28:04] – Who? – McCain! – 谁? – 麦凯恩!
[28:06] Of the last 19 administrations, almost half- 最近19个政府 几乎半数…
[28:10] Half-Have had situations where the vice president had to assume 半数…出现过需要副总统去承担总统职责的情况
[28:12] Presidential responsibilities if not complete control. 即便可能不是完全掌控的总统职责
[28:15] Reagan had Alzheimer’s. His approval rating went up. 里根有老年痴呆症 他的支持率上升了
[28:17] Denny, john McCain is 72. Denny 约翰 麦凯恩72岁了
[28:19] He’d be the oldest person ever to assume office. 他会是坐办公室的人里最老的一个
[28:22] He’s ripe for a heart attack, 他极有可能心脏病发作
[28:24] Not to mention he’s had melanoma four times. 还别提他的四次黑色素瘤病史
[28:26] There’s a very real possibility he could die. 他确实有在任上死掉的可能性
[28:29] And then what? We’ll be left with Sarah Palin? 然后呢? 就让佩林做总统?
[28:31] Is there anybody anywhere who’s really okay with tha 这地球上难道真有人同意这种事发生?
[28:34] – Yes, they’re called Americans! – Oh, Denny. – 有啊 他们就是美国人民! – 哦 Denny
[28:36] – The Joe six-Pack, the small- – Joe six-Pack needs somebody – 普通大众 那些小的… – 普通大众需要的
[28:39] To fix the economy, not have a beer with! 是能拯救经济的人 而不是一起喝啤酒的伙伴!
[28:41] I don’t hear anything? 奥巴马也没提出什么建设性的…
[28:42] You don’t hear anything at all from john McCain. 麦凯恩压根就什么都没提出
[28:44] His own camp says “don’t talk about it. 他自己的幕僚都说”不用具体谈了
[28:46] Instead, we’ll just go negative. ” It’s despicable. 我们只要反着说就行了” 这太可耻了
[28:48] Obama’s gone negative, too, 奥巴马也用负面新闻攻击对方
[28:49] That bulldog in lipstick says Obama pals around 那条涂着口红的牛头犬说奥巴马 (最后一分钟选择的副总统人选)
[28:52] With terrorists… 跟恐怖分子称兄道弟…
[28:53] Oh, and Obama loves to play those ads… 哦 奥巴马也热衷于用这一套…
[28:54] It’s beneath gutter politics. It’s shameful. 这就是低级政治 太可耻了
[28:55] – About McCain… – Smear- – 来对付麦凯恩… – 手段卑劣…
[28:56] – And the Keating five. – Cynical, disgusting smear… – 还有 “基廷五人”事件 – 激进 恶心的卑劣手段…
[28:57] And that’s the high ground? 这就正大光明了?
[28:58] And if this represents the direction he plans 如果这就是在8年的布什政府统治之后
[29:00] To lead us after eight years of the bush administration- 他要带领我们前进的方向
[29:01] Change, change, change! 变革 变革 变革!
[29:03] Well, McCain’s camp just spews out hate-Fled demagoguery- 麦凯恩的竞选阵营只会玩恶意的煽动
[29:04] Yes, we can! Yes, we can! 是的 我们可以! 是的 我们可以!
[29:06] – Some maverick. – What-What-What-Oh! – 所谓”独行侠” – 什么 什么 什么
[29:08] Maverick, maverick, maverick! 独行侠 独行侠 独行侠! 独行侠 独行侠 独行侠! Maverick, maverick, maverick!
[29:12] – Ow! You shot me! – Damn right, I did. – 哦 你拿枪打我! – 我还就他妈打了
[29:14] Denny, that hurt me. For god sake… Denny 这很疼的 看在上帝的份上…
[29:18] – Oh! You got me in the back! – Well, that’ll teach ya. – 哦!你从背后偷袭! – 给你点教训
[29:22] – Ow! Ow! – All even now. 这下扯平了
[29:24] You could’ve shot my eye out, you crazy- 你差点把我眼珠子打出来了 你这疯…
[29:27] Don’t ever raise a gun to me-Oh! 绝对不要举枪对着我…
[29:29] Happy now? Ah! Ah! 现在开心了?
[29:57] Politics. 这就是政治
[30:13] What’s going on with you two? 你们俩怎么了?
[30:15] Nothing. 没事
[30:16] Nothing. 没事
[30:28] Hi, guys. 嗨 伙计们
[30:31] Denny and I are fighting. 我和Denny在吵架
[30:33] Oh, got it. 哦 明白了
[30:34] Denise, listen… Denise 听着…
[30:38] I… 我…
[30:41] I’m very sorry about being so flippant about you and brad. 我很抱歉 那么无礼地问你和Brad的事
[30:46] It’s just-It felt like you were trying to unnerve me, 只是…我觉得你是要对我使坏
[30:50] And… I resorted to a little gamesmanship myself. 而… 我就自己也用了不光彩的手段
[30:53] And I’ve been. Feeling terrible about it. 我一直…感觉很过意不去
[30:57] Well, Alan, don’t beat yourself up about it. Alan 你不用为此自责
[31:00] – No- – I mean, do if it’ll compromise your closing. – 不是… – 但要是能搞砸你的结案陈词 那就继续吧
[31:04] You know, not to be, uh, disgustingly opportunistic, 并不是要可耻地趁虚而入
[31:09] But I always felt that there was 但我一直觉得
[31:12] Unfinished business between the two of us- 我们俩之间还有未尽的情缘
[31:15] Uh, actually, unstarted business- 嗯 事实上 是从未开始的情缘
[31:17] – And, well- – I would love it. – 而 嗯… – 我很乐意
[31:22] Would you? 是吗?
[31:25] If only I wasn’t married. 如果我没结婚的话
[31:28] But you and brad are split. 但你和Brad分居了
[31:30] Well, I might have fudged the facts a little there. 我可能编了些谎话
[31:36] Which facts? 什么谎话?
[31:36] Mm, the part about brad and I being split. 就是我和Brad分居的事
[31:39] The truth is, we’ve never en happier. 事实上 我们从未像现在这样幸福过
[31:43] I’m gonna get him to send you a postcard 我会让他从那些潮湿的异国旅游景点
[31:46] From one of his moist, exotic destinations. 寄张明信片给你
[31:51] Mm. Time for court, al. 嗯 该上庭了 Al
[32:10] Jerry.
[32:14] For what it’s worth… 不管是真是假…
[32:18] I thought you did a good job. 我觉得你表现得不错
[32:20] Could’ve done without the wooden cigarette 如果没有那支木头烟
[32:22] Or the talk about the spin-Off, 或者另起炉灶的言论更好
[32:24] But I thought you presented yourself in good form. 但我觉得你很好地展示了自己
[32:27] Thank you. 谢谢
[32:30] Do we know when they’ll make their decision? 他们什么时候做决定?
[32:32] Um… 嗯…
[32:34] They have already, actually. 事实上 他们已经决定了
[32:39] You made partner, Jerry. 你是合伙人了 Jerry
[32:46] Are you… teasing me? 你是在…捉弄我吗?
[32:49] No, I am not teasing you. 不 我不是捉弄你
[32:53] It is my privilege- And I do mean it when I say privilege- 我非常荣幸地… 是发自内心的荣幸
[32:57] To inform you that an offer of full partnership 通知你 你已经获得了
[33:00] Has been extended to you. 合伙人资格
[33:10] Thank you. Thank you. 谢谢 谢谢
[33:12] Congratulations. 祝贺你
[33:14] Thank you. 谢谢
[33:22] Aren’t you gonna at least pop, 你不要弄出点声音
[33:24] Hop, purr for god sake? 跳两下吗?
[33:27] You must have a-A celebratory tick you’ve been saving up. 你肯定准备好了什么庆祝的声响
[33:30] It’s not that big a deal, Katie. 这不算什么 Katie
[33:34] It’s good. 是很好
[33:35] It’s a nice feather. 很不错
[33:41] But it’s… it’s really just… 但这… 这真的只是…
[33:58] Can anybody explain the logic behind this? 谁能解释一下这其中的逻辑?
[34:02] The federal government- Our government- 联邦政府 我们的政府…
[34:04] Is actually prohibiting a company 真的禁止一家公司
[34:07] From exceeding regulations to make its products safer. 超越了法规的期望 来让他们的产品更安全
[34:10] I’m baffled. 我真是搞不明白
[34:12] It’s one thing to say that our government can no longer protect us. 说我们的政府不再能 保护我们的安全是一回事
[34:15] We’ve seen that with the F.D.A., which has failed 食品药品管理局已经让我们领教过了
[34:17] To regulate drugs that have, in fact, killed us. 他们没能管制夺走我们生命的药品
[34:20] We’ve seen our government undercut regulation 我们见过政府降低了
[34:22] By the consumer product safety commission, 消费品安全委员会的标准
[34:25] Paving the way for an influx of, uh, 使得致命的镀铅进口商品
[34:27] Deadly lead-Coated imports. 大量涌入
[34:29] We’ve seen the s. E.C., 我们看到证券交易委员会
[34:30] In deference to free-Market capitalists, 听从主张自由市场的资本家
[34:32] Go m. I.A. On wall street, 而对华尔街毫不监管
[34:34] Essentially leading to an economic implosion. 这也是导致金融风潮的最根本原因
[34:36] And john McCain wants to deregulate health care, god forbid. 而约翰麦凯恩还希望解除政府对 医疗健康的监管 希望此事千万不要出现
[34:39] I mean, I-I suppose all of that can be attributed to 我是说 我- 我估计所有的这些归根结底
[34:43] Simple greed and incompetence, 仅是因为贪婪以及不称职
[34:45] But this- This is a new tactic altogether. 而这个– 这则是一个全新的手段
[34:50] This goes beyond scrapping regulation In favor of big business interests. 这绝不仅仅只是为大型企业的利益着想 而将规章制度视于无物
[34:55] This is our government deliberately 这是我们的政府故意性地
[34:58] taking steps To actually thwart our safety. 一步一步地危害我们的健康安全
[35:02] There can be no possible explanation 对于禁止我的委托人检测她的牛群一事
[35:05] For banning my client from testing her cows 其中绝无合理的解释
[35:07] Other than the most blatant and malignant one- 除非是那个最无耻而满怀恶意的原因–
[35:10] That the U.S.D.A. has been bought off By the big meat packers, 即是美国农业部已经被大型肉类企业收买了
[35:13] who don’t want to bear The added expense of doing the same testing. 这些企业不愿意承担额外的支出 来进行相同的检测
[35:16] We’ve seen big pharmaceutical buy off the F.D.A. 我们看过大型医药企业 收买食品及药物管理局
[35:19] We’ve certainly seen big oil help craft u. S. Energy poly, For god sake. 我们当然也见过大型石油企业协同制订 美国能源政策 着实可笑
[35:24] The tobacco industry still spends $20 million a year Lobbying congress. 烟草企业依然每年花费200万美元 用以游说国会
[35:28] But even if you’re somehow willing 不过即便你不知怎的
[35:30] to accept This money-Talks approach to government, 愿意接受政府这种金钱决定一切的做法
[35:33] How can it get to a point where- 这又怎么能导致–
[35:36] She just wants to make sure her beef is safe. 他只是希望确保她牛肉的安全性
[35:38] I mean, whose government is this? 我是说 这到底是谁的政府?
[35:42] I agree. 我同意
[35:45] Ms. Bauer… Bauer女士…
[35:46] This is shocking, 这实在是令人震惊
[35:48] outrageous… 出离愤怒…
[35:50] indecent. 低俗可鄙
[35:51] I don’t know who the department of agriculture Thinks it’s working for, 我不清楚农业部认为它在为谁服务
[35:54] But it is certainly not me or my grandchildren. 不过可以肯定不是为我或者我的孙子
[35:58] This ridiculous ban is- 这荒唐的禁令–
[36:00] Is overruled. 被否决了
[36:02] My god! 天哪!
[36:04] We’re adjourned. 就此休庭
[36:07] Yes. 太好了
[36:08] I don’t know about you, 不知道你怎么想
[36:09] but I like to cap off my victories With a simple toast and a poke. 不过我喜欢喝一点小酒 做一点小爱 来庆祝我的胜利
[36:13] How about you? 你呢?
[36:14] Mr. Shore, thank you. Shore先生 谢谢你
[36:16] And may I say before I leave, my gratitude notwithstanding, 我能在走之前说一句吗 尽管我非常感激
[36:19] You two are the weirdest lawyers I’ve ever met. 不过还是觉得你们两个是我所遇到的 最奇怪的律师了
[36:22] You in particular should be institutionalized. 特别是你 应该被送进精神病院
[36:24] Thank you. 谢谢
[36:25] Is that yes on the poke? 这是表示同意做点小爱了?
[36:32] Denny, I’m sorry about our fight. Denny 对于我们的争斗 我该说句对不起
[36:34] It was my fault. I broke our agreement and got too emotional. 是我的错 我违反了我们的协定 实在是太冲动了
[36:38] No, no. I’m sorry, too. 不 不 我也该说对不起
[36:40] for god sake! 搞什么飞机!
[36:42] – It was Valerie’s doing. – Jeez, Denny! – 都怪Valerie – 天哪 Denny!
[36:45] Hi, guys. 嗨 伙计们
[36:47] – Hey. – Congratulations. – 嗨 – 恭喜你们
[36:49] I’m actually happy you won. 实际上我很高兴你们能赢
[36:52] I mean, off the record. 当然了 只是私下里说说
[36:53] – Are you? – Yeah. – 真的? – 是的
[36:55] It was fun seeing the both of you again. 很高兴再次见到你们两个
[36:58] And, Alan, brad and I would love to have 还有 Alan Brad和我都希望
[37:00] you to the house sometime for dinner. 你什么时候能来我们家吃饭
[37:03] You’re an evil little vixen. 你这个恶毒的小妇人
[37:11] Come on, Alan. Let’s go vote. 走啦 Alan 去投票吧
[37:13] – You just behave yourself. – That’s Valerie’s doing. – 你给我老实点 – 是Valerie的错啦
[37:32] Alan Shore.
[38:35] You hear? 你听说了吗?
[38:36] Jerry made partner. Jerry成为合伙人了
[38:37] I did. 我听说了
[38:39] I also understand you went to bat for him. 我也知道你去给他帮忙了
[38:41] Well, I kinda like the guy, nut job that he is.? 唔 我有点喜欢这个家伙 傻兮兮的
[38:46] Denny, can you believe… Denny 你敢想象…
[38:49] We could’ve seriously hurt ourselves yesterday, 我们昨天可能会真的伤到自己吗?
[38:51] Shooting each other in the face with those things. 拿着那些东西对着对方的脸乱射
[38:54] – We were really mad. – Yeah we were. – 我们生气得都疯了 – 是的
[38:57] I- I-I got the, uh, the mad cow. 我 我 我有这个疯牛病
[38:59] What’s your excuse? 你的理由是什么?
[39:00] I don’t know. 我不知道
[39:03] I’ve always been such a proponent Of people being able to… 我始终希望大家…
[39:08] Discuss politics without getting too… 可以在讨论政治的时候…
[39:11] emotional. 不要太过情绪化
[39:14] There I was, Going off like… 而我却 失控得…
[39:18] I- It’s good that you’re passionate. 你有激情是好事
[39:26] So we’re not gonna… 那我们不…
[39:27] talk about it? 谈那事儿了?
[39:30] What? 什么事儿?
[39:32] Who we voted for 你把票投给谁了
[39:34] I know who you voted for 我知道你给谁投票了
[39:37] And you? 你呢
[39:39] Finish drinking. 把酒喝了
[39:42] I’ve already crossed my aisle today. 我改弦易辙了
[39:49] Where’ve you been? 你什么意思
[39:53] Denny, did you? 你是不是–
[39:56] I’ll never admit it in public. 公开场合下我是绝对不会承认的
[40:00] What made you change your mind? 你因为什么改变主意的?
[40:02] Not you… 反正不是你
[40:03] Ahhh… Truth is I didn’t know the right choice but… 说实话 我也不知道正确的选择 不过
[40:07] These last eight years… 这过去的八年啊
[40:10] Let’s just say 这么说吧
[40:12] I knew the wrong one 我知道错误的选择
[40:15] I think I love you 我觉得我真的爱你
[40:16] You’ve always loved me 你一直都爱我
[40:18] I love you more now 我现在更爱你了
[40:31] Tomorrow we’ll actually wake up with a 明天我们醒来
[40:33] new president elect 就会有一位新选出来的总统了
[40:44] And possibly 太不可思议了
[40:47] a new America 一个全新的美国
[40:55] Bigger wow 更大的哇
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第5季第6集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第5季第9集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme