时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “Boston Legal”… | |
[00:02] | I was referred to a sex therapist, a surrogate. | 别人向我推荐了一个性治疗师 性代理辅导 |
[00:04] | I’d like you to meet with her. | 我想让你和她见见 |
[00:06] | I’m retired. I’ve remarried, and my husband has problems | 我退休了 又结了婚 我的丈夫不能接受 |
[00:10] | with his wife being a sexual surrogate. Te | 他的妻子做性代理辅导 |
[00:12] | I-I’m sure you have a name, but I’m not much interested. | 我确信你有名字 但是我没兴趣 |
[00:14] | You scare me. See me shudder? | 我怕怕哦 看到我在抖了吗? |
[00:16] | Take your clothes off. I’ll make you shudder. | 脱掉衣服 我会让你真正颤栗 |
[00:19] | Do you think you could maybe squeeze me in? | 能不能也给我挤点时间? |
[00:22] | I’m very sorry, but you won’t be making partner. | 我很遗憾 但是你不能成为合伙人 |
[00:24] | Jerry Espenson deserves to be made a partner. | Jerry Espenson该成为合伙人 |
[00:27] | He’s not a rainmaker, Alan. He’s toast, weird toast. | 他不是摇钱树 Alan 他是个怪人 大怪人 |
[00:41] | Let me tell you something, and you heard it here first. | 让我告诉你一些事 保你没听说过 |
[00:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:45] | Obama’s trouble with women | 奥巴马没有女人缘 |
[00:48] | has nothing to do with the Hillary supporters, | 和希拉里的支持者无关 |
[00:50] | most of whom are lesbians, by the way, | 顺便告诉你 她的支持者大多是拉拉 |
[00:52] | and you can quote me on that. | 这话你随便传吧 就说是我说的 |
[00:53] | I think I won’t | 我想我不会 |
[00:55] | – it comes from Bill. – Bill? | -是比尔说的 -比尔?(克林顿) |
[00:57] | See, he’s been with a lot of women. | 瞧 他和很多女人打过交道 |
[00:59] | Left most of them with a bad taste in their mouth. | 还让其中的大部分人嘴里 留下了味道不太好的东西(口交的精液) |
[01:07] | So, uh, Jerry, | 那么 Jerry |
[01:09] | you and I are having a drink. | 我们在一起喝酒 |
[01:10] | What’s the deal? ‘Cause I think you’re weird. | 有什么目的? 因为我觉得你这人很怪 |
[01:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:16] | I come up for partner this fall, Mr. Crane. | 今年秋天我会竞选合伙人 Crane先生 |
[01:18] | Call me Denny. No, don’t. | 叫我Denny 不 别参加 |
[01:19] | And when I do… I expect your full support. | 在我参加的时候 我希望能得到你的全力支持 |
[01:24] | Why would I want a weird guy for a partner? | 我为什么想让一个怪人做合伙人? |
[01:28] | Because I’ve earned it. | 因为这是我应得的 |
[01:31] | And to get it. I’m going to need your support. | 而如果想成功 我需要你的支持 |
[01:34] | Here’s my question to you… do you really want it? | 我要问你个问题…你真那么渴望? |
[01:37] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我是 |
[01:38] | Cause being a partner in a law firm | 因为成为律师事务所的合伙人 |
[01:41] | isn’t all fucked up to be. | 并不总是很风光 |
[01:43] | But the moneys good, right? | 但是报酬不错 不是吗? |
[01:47] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[01:47] | Oh, I’m part of the neighborhood crime watch. | 哦 我是社区犯罪监控的一部分 |
[01:49] | The way this works is, you watch, I commit the crime. | 程序是 你看着 我来犯罪 |
[01:52] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[01:53] | Now… | 现在 |
[01:53] | nah, no, no. There’s no talking. | 不 不 别讲话 |
[01:56] | You just give me your watch and wallet now. | 现在把手表和钱包给我 |
[02:00] | Here’s my problem… you’re black. | 我有问题…你是黑人 |
[02:03] | Oh, Mr. Crane! | Crane先生! |
[02:04] | What? | 什么? |
[02:05] | I’m Denny Crane. I’m a big shot. | 我是Denny Crane 是个大人物 |
[02:07] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[02:09] | If you kill me, the headline’s gonna be, | 如果你杀了我 头版头条就是 |
[02:12] | “black guy kills white big shot,” | “黑家伙杀死了白人大人物” |
[02:15] | and that’s the last thing we need | 这是大家最不想看到的 |
[02:17] | when we’re trying to elect an African-American as president. | 我们正在努力选举一个非洲裔做总统 |
[02:20] | Dear God. | 我的上帝 |
[02:21] | How about if I just blow your brains out right now? | 我现在就让你脑袋开花如何? |
[02:23] | That doesn’t work for me. Work for you? | 我看不妥 你觉得可行吗? |
[02:26] | Denny, please. | Denny 求你了 |
[02:27] | Hey… | 嘿… |
[02:27] | all right, all right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[02:33] | Watch. | 手表 |
[02:35] | Wallet. | 皮夹 |
[02:38] | Gun. | 手枪 |
[02:39] | – Knee. – Aah! | -膝盖 -啊! |
[02:39] | – Right foot. – Aah! | -右脚 -啊! |
[02:41] | – Left foot. – Aah! Oh! | -左脚 -啊! |
[02:43] | Gah! Oh! | 啊…啊! |
[02:47] | Thank God for guns, huh, Jerry? | 感谢上帝创造了手枪吧 Jerry |
[02:50] | Only in America… | 只有在美国… |
[02:51] | sweet land of liberty valance. | Liberty Valance的甜蜜岛 (美国西部的黑帮暴徒) |
[03:24] | Are you all right? | 你们都没事吧 |
[03:25] | Of course I’m all… why wouldn’t I be all right? | 当然没事…我怎么会有事? |
[03:27] | It was just an attempted mugging and no… | 只是抢劫未遂 没有… |
[03:29] | and you absolutely had to shoot him. | 而你必须得朝他开枪 |
[03:31] | I shoot people all the time. | 我一直朝人开枪 |
[03:33] | You had to shoot him three times. | 你必须得朝他开三枪 |
[03:34] | Uh, if you say so. | 厄 如果你这么说 |
[03:35] | In both feet. | 两只脚 |
[03:36] | Mr. Crane? | Crane先生? |
[03:38] | I told you everything last night. | 昨晚我什么都告诉你们了 |
[03:40] | Yes, and we appreciate that sir | 是的 谢谢你的合作 |
[03:42] | but unfortunately, we haven’t en sent to get your statement. | 但是不幸的是 我们不是被派来取你的供述 |
[03:45] | What is it then, autograph? | 又是什么东西 签名? |
[03:47] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[03:48] | I apologize, but we’re here to arrest you. | 抱歉 但是我们是来这儿逮捕你的 |
[03:51] | Arrest me?! | 逮捕我? |
[03:52] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[03:53] | Look, if it was up to me, Mr. Crane here would… | 瞧 如果我能决定 Crane先生… |
[03:54] | what are the charges? | 以什么罪名? |
[03:56] | Possession of a concealed firearm. | 私藏枪械 |
[03:58] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[03:59] | You can’t be serious. This man was mugged. | 你开什么玩笑 这人刚被抢了 |
[04:01] | I realize that. | 我明白 |
[04:02] | I also realize that his having a gun | 我也知道他拿了把枪 |
[04:04] | helped us catch a guy we been lookin’ for, | 帮助我们抓到了我们通缉的人 |
[04:05] | but the law is the law, and Mr. Crane broke it. | 但是法律就是法律 而Crane先生违反了 |
[04:09] | Please place your hands behind your back, sir. | 请把你的手放到身后 先生 |
[04:11] | This is unbelievable. | 这太荒唐了 |
[04:13] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权利保持沉默 |
[04:15] | I know my rights, | 我知道我的权利 |
[04:16] | and let me tell you, I’m never silent. | 还告诉你 我从不沉默 |
[04:17] | Everything about me makes noise. | 所有我的事都会沸沸扬扬 |
[04:30] | I want those back when we’re done. | 等我们了结了 我想要回它们 |
[04:45] | Gnment is at 10:30. | 听证会在十点半 |
[04:47] | I’m on my way. | 我这就动身 |
[04:47] | Uh, he doesn’t want you, Alan. | 他不想要你 Alan |
[04:50] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[04:50] | He thinks you’re too anti-gun. | 他觉得你是反对枪械的 |
[04:53] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:56] | Did he say who he did want? | 他有说想要谁吗? |
[04:57] | Angelina Jolie, but that’s not going to happen. | 安吉莉娜 茱莉 不过那是不可能的事 |
[05:00] | Carl, do you think you could go? | Carl 你觉得你能去吗? |
[05:02] | Me? I’m not pro-gun. | 我? 我不支持枪械 |
[05:05] | Please. | 拜托 |
[05:08] | Alan. | |
[05:09] | Joanna. Hello. | Joanna 你好 |
[05:12] | Sorry to disturb. I have a bit of an emergency. | 抱歉打扰了 我有点急事 |
[05:17] | My ex-husband, uh, he’s trying to take my daughter. | 我的前夫 呃 他想带走我的女儿 |
[05:20] | He says my being a sex surrogate makes me an unfit mother. | 他说我作为性代理辅导 无法成为一名合格的母亲 |
[05:24] | How old is she? – 10. | -她多大了 -十岁 |
[05:27] | And I’ve only worked part-time since she was born. | 自从她出生后 我就只花部分时间在工作上了 |
[05:29] | I’ve been pretty much stay-at-home. | 很长时间我都呆在家里 |
[05:30] | Have you had sole custody? | 你有单独监护权吗? |
[05:32] | No, split, but he’s going for sole. | 不 我们分享 但是他打算争取单独的 |
[05:33] | I wouldn’t get to have her at all. | 那我就完全失去她了 |
[05:35] | Okay, look, let me, set up a meeting with his attorney… | 好吧 让我和他的律师见个面 |
[05:37] | he can’t win this, can he? | 他不会赢的 对吗? |
[05:39] | Let me just talk… | 让我先去说说… |
[05:40] | she’s my little girl. | 她是我的小宝贝 |
[05:41] | Joanna, you’re not gonna lose her. | Joanna 你不会失去她 |
[05:49] | “3-2-8-8-8…” | 案件编号: 3-2-8-8-8– |
[05:51] | “the commonwealth vs. Denny Crane, | 公诉人控告Denny Crane |
[05:53] | on the charge of possession of a concealed we…” | 私藏枪械 |
[05:55] | your honor, Carl Sack for the defendant we’ll waive the reading. | 法官大人 Carl Sack为被告辩护 不必宣读指控 |
[05:58] | For God sake, what has he done now? | 看在上帝的份儿上 他这次又干了什么? |
[06:00] | What’s he done, your honor, is to have the temerity | 他干了什么 法官大人 就是徒逞蛮勇 |
[06:02] | to defend himself against an armed assailant. | 面对一位有武器的攻击者进行了自卫 |
[06:05] | The charge is for possession of a concealed firearm, | 指控是私藏枪械 |
[06:07] | not shooting. | 不是开枪伤人 |
[06:08] | I have a constitutional right to bear arms. | 宪法赋予我持枪的权利 |
[06:10] | Ask the supreme court. | 去问最高法院吧 |
[06:11] | The supreme court did not give him the right | 最高法院没有给他权利 |
[06:13] | to conceal a firearm without a carry permit. | 让他在没有持枪许可证下私藏枪械 |
[06:15] | I got a note from Dick Cheney. | 我有Dick Cheney给我的条子 |
[06:16] | Mr. Crane, you are accused of breaking the law. | Crane先生 你被指控犯法 |
[06:19] | You will stand trial. Is that clear? | 你就要接受审讯 明白了吗? |
[06:22] | Your honor, shouldn’t you recuse yourself? | 法官大人 难道你不该回避吗? |
[06:24] | After all, I did tell you to bite me that time. | 毕竟 上次我让你来”咬我” |
[06:27] | When? | 什么时候? |
[06:28] | It was, uh… oh, come to think of it, uh, now, actually. | 是在…厄..说道是什么时候 厄 其实就是现在 |
[06:32] | Bite me. | 咬我 |
[06:34] | You cannot, cannot, cannot, cannot antagonize the judge. | 你不该 不该 不该激怒法官 |
[06:36] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[06:37] | You know the jury will take its cues from him. | 你知道陪审团会受到他的影响 |
[06:39] | What’s going on? | 怎么样了? |
[06:40] | We go to trial. | 我们得上庭 |
[06:41] | Uh, Jerry. | |
[06:43] | You’ll be second chairing. | 你做二席 |
[06:45] | – Won’t I be a witness? – I want you as co counsel. | – 我不是目击证人吗? – 我要你做联合律师 |
[06:48] | Who’s better to close than somebody | 比起在枪口下低头的人 |
[06:50] | who stared down the barrel of the gun? | 还有谁更适合做结案陈词呢? |
[06:51] | – You want him to close? – Why not? | -你想他做结案陈词? -为什么不? |
[06:54] | Denny, do you want to get off or not? | Denny 你还想不想脱罪? (get off 还有达到性高潮的意思) |
[06:57] | My place or yours? | 我家还是你的? |
[06:59] | Bring the outfit. | 带好装备 |
[07:02] | Denny, I’m not really comfortable arguing this one. | Denny 我真的不太想接这案子 |
[07:05] | Jerry, you want to make partner? | Jerry 你还想做合伙人吗? |
[07:08] | You gotta take one for the team. | 你得为团队上场 |
[07:21] | It’s an unstable environment. | 那样的生活环境不稳定 |
[07:22] | She’s a perversity, and we’re not budging. | 她是个性变态 我们不会让步 |
[07:24] | Okay, first… | 行了 首先… |
[07:25] | and don’t try any of your disgusting strategies | 别想用你那些卑鄙恶心的手段 |
[07:27] | to unsettle me. | 让我分神 |
[07:28] | Well, who’s to say what’s disgusting? | 谁来说说什么是恶心 |
[07:30] | I could offer to close my eyes and suck on you | 要我说 我可以闭上眼睛吮吸你 |
[07:33] | as if you were a giant love peach. | 把你当作是个大大的可爱桃子 |
[07:35] | I’m giving you 30 seconds to state your case, | 我给你30秒来陈述 |
[07:38] | and then I’m out the door. | 然后我就离开这里 |
[07:39] | Emma… | |
[07:39] | and don’t call me by my first name. | 别用我的名叫我 |
[07:42] | Daniella’s doing very well with the current custody arrangement. | Daniella按照目前的监护安排生活得非常好 |
[07:46] | She’s healthy, happy, very active. | 她健康 开心 非常活泼 |
[07:47] | She gets straight a’s in school. | 在学校是全A生 |
[07:49] | Her mother sells her body as a sex worker. | 她的母亲出卖肉体做皮肉交易 |
[07:52] | She is not a sex worker she’s a certified | 她不是性工作者 她是个有执照 |
[07:55] | health professional who offers sex surrogacy | 的健康类专业人士 为人提供性代理辅导 |
[07:59] | as one of many therapeutic approaches to help people | 与其它治疗一样来帮助别人 |
[08:02] | suffering with a dysfunction. | 克服他们的官能障碍 |
[08:04] | I understand you were one of her clients. | 我明白你也曾是他的客户 |
[08:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:07] | She taught me several things I’d love to pass on to you. | 她教给我的一些东西 我愿意传授给你 |
[08:10] | Should we just get a room? | 我们去开一间房间好吗? |
[08:12] | Disgusting. | 恶心 |
[08:13] | Iook, we’re talking about a 10-year-old girl here. | 瞧 我们是在讨论一个十岁的小女孩 |
[08:16] | I can’t have you around her. | 我不能让你留在她身边 |
[08:17] | Martin, the shared custody… | Martin 共同监护… |
[08:19] | if you and I don’t see eye to eye, | 如果我们不能想法一致 |
[08:21] | we can’t make decisions together. | 就不能一起做决定 |
[08:23] | I’m afraid of your influence, | 我害怕你的影响力 |
[08:24] | of the impact you might make on her. | 害怕可能会在她是身上造成影响 |
[08:27] | L-I-I just can’t have it. | 我…我接受不了 |
[08:30] | We’ll see you in court, stud muffin. | 我们庭上见 情兽 |
[08:35] | Whoa! Ooh, tenderloin. | 哇 哦 软乎乎的 |
[08:39] | Tease. | 挑逗哦 |
[08:57] | Your ex-husband will testify first, then you. | 你的前夫先作证 然后是你 |
[09:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:01] | We’ll try to avoid having to call Daniella, | 我们尽量避免传讯Daniella |
[09:04] | but she’ll likely have to at least talk to a judge in chambers. | 但是她起码最后会到法官的办公室和她谈话 |
[09:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:10] | Joanna, it would take a lot | Joanna 要让法官 |
[09:12] | for a judge to deny a mother custody of any kind. | 剥夺一位母亲的监护权 是件不容易的事 |
[09:16] | Most mothers don’t do what I do. | 大多数母亲不是干我这行的 |
[09:19] | There’s that. | 没错 |
[09:25] | Alan… | Alan… |
[09:27] | how are you doing? | 你过得好吗? |
[09:29] | Me? Fine. Why? | 我? 很好 为什么? |
[09:31] | Just asking. | 只是问问 |
[09:34] | Joanna, you never just ask. What are you getting at? | Joanna你从来不问的 你想说什么? |
[09:38] | Well, your dialogue with opposing counsel | 你和对方律师的对话 |
[09:40] | was especially aggressive… | 特别的带有攻击性… |
[09:44] | sexually aggressive. | 性攻击 |
[09:46] | That was just lawyer’s gamesmanship. | 这只是律师的一种玩法 |
[09:48] | The language I heard was… not simply for another lawyer. | 我听到的语言是… 不只是对另一个律师那么简单 |
[09:53] | It was for a woman. | 是对一个女人 |
[09:55] | Say what’s on your mind, Joanna. | 你有什么直说吧 Joanna? |
[09:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:59] | Well, I’ve never said it before, | 我从没说过这样的话 |
[10:01] | but there’s a part of you that’s always been sexist. | 你身上总有一部分有性别歧视 |
[10:03] | But now you seem to be losing the ability, | 但是现在你似乎在失去一种能力 |
[10:06] | even the inclination, | 甚至是倾向 |
[10:07] | to connect with a woman in a nonsexual way. | 去和一个女人建立一种没有性爱的关系 |
[10:11] | What used to be a part is becoming the whole. | 原本只是一部分 现在却是全部 |
[10:17] | You know, given that | 你瞧 考虑到 |
[10:18] | your life with your daughter is about to be decided, | 你和你女儿的生活正在面临抉择 |
[10:21] | I would think the last thing you’d want to do right now | 我想目前你最不想做的事 |
[10:24] | is to distract me. | 就是来困扰我吧 |
[10:27] | No, you’re right. | 对 你说的没错 |
[10:29] | I apologize. | 对不起 |
[10:35] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[10:40] | We pulled three guns off him at the scene. | 在现场我们从他身上找出了三把枪 |
[10:42] | Then when we went to arrest him the next day, | 于是第二天我们去逮捕他时 |
[10:44] | he had five more guns on him. | 又搜出了五支 |
[10:46] | He also had a little propane thing that wasn’t legal. | 他身上还有一些非法的丙烷装置 |
[10:48] | A propane thing? | 丙烷装置? |
[10:50] | Yeah, it was a device strapped to his buttocks. | 是的 是一个绑在他屁股上的装置 |
[10:52] | Basically, he could break wind | 这么说吧 他可以放个屁 |
[10:54] | and turn his ass into a blowtorch. | 把自己的屁股变成火焰装置 |
[10:56] | And did he have any carry permits for these weapons? | 他有携带这些武器的许可吗? |
[11:00] | No, sir, he did not. | 没有 先生 他没有 |
[11:03] | What would have happened had Mr. Crane not been armed? | 如果Crane先生没有带枪 那么会发生什么事? |
[11:06] | Objection. Calls for stipulation. | 反对 主观臆断 |
[11:08] | Your honor, this officer has 15 years experience | 法官大人 这位警官从警15年 |
[11:10] | with criminals and their conduct. | 和罪犯与治理犯罪打交道 |
[11:12] | He has foundation to speculate. | 他有臆断的基础 |
[11:15] | I’ll allow it. | 我允许 |
[11:16] | So how do you think it would’ve gone down? | 那么你认为事情会如何发展? |
[11:17] | I’m sure he would’ve been mugged. | 我很肯定他会被抢劫 |
[11:19] | Possibly killed? | 有可能被杀吗? |
[11:20] | Possibly, but it’s also possible… | 有可能 但也有可能… |
[11:22] | thank you, officer. You’ve answered my question | 谢谢你 警官 你已经回答了我的问题 |
[11:24] | oh, one more thing, officer, honestly, | 哦 还有件事 警官 老实说 |
[11:27] | when you arrested Mr. Crane, did you want to? | 当你逮捕Crane先生的时候 是你愿意的吗? |
[11:30] | Objection! That one’s sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[11:32] | Oh, your honor, if I may… | 哦 法官大人 请允许我… |
[11:35] | what? | 什么? |
[11:35] | By sustaining the objection, the jury will never learn | 既然反对有效 那么陪审团将永远听不到 |
[11:38] | that the officer really didn’t want to arrest me, | 其实警官并不想真正逮捕我 |
[11:40] | which he really didn’t want to do. | 他真的不想 |
[11:43] | I’m sorry, but her sex job makes her an inappropriate parent. | 抱歉 但是她从事的性工作 使她不适合做家长 |
[11:46] | Objection to the term “sex job.” | 反对使用”性工作”一词 |
[11:48] | It’s inaccurate and makes me giggle. | 既不准确 又让我一听就会傻笑 |
[11:51] | Mr. Shore, you turn this courtroom into a playground, | Shore先生 如果你把这个法庭变成了游乐场 |
[11:54] | and I’m gonna come down there and beat the crap outta you. | 我会走下去 把你揍得七荤八素 |
[11:58] | Ms. Path, please. | Path女士 请吧 |
[12:01] | And while this would be a call to action | 是不是因此该采取行动 |
[12:03] | at any point in Daniella’s life, | 为Daniella生活着想 |
[12:05] | it is of even more pronounced concern | 特别是在她当前的年龄下 |
[12:08] | at her current age, yes? | 做出更具预防性的考虑? |
[12:09] | Yes. Girls are entering puberty earlier and earlier. | 是的 现在的女孩越来越早熟 |
[12:12] | This is a very formative time for her. | 这段时期会对她的性格塑造有很大影响 |
[12:14] | A time when her moral | 这个时候她的道德心理 |
[12:16] | and behavioral foundations are put into place | 和行为方式都在成型 |
[12:18] | about so many things, about sex. | 在许多事上 包括性 |
[12:21] | Kids learn from what their parents say, | 父母的一言一行 |
[12:23] | from what their parents do, | 都会被孩子学去 |
[12:25] | even from their unsaid attitudes. | 甚至是他们并不明言的态度 |
[12:28] | In fact, 60% of 8 to 11 year olds | 事实上 60% 8到11岁的孩子 |
[12:31] | say their mothers are their number one resource | 说母亲是他们获得知识的第一来源 |
[12:33] | for issues like sex, H.I.V. And a.I.D.s., alcohol, drugs… | 像是性 艾滋病 酒精 毒品… |
[12:37] | aren’t you a little encyclopedic ball of fire? | 你真是个知识渊博的小火球 |
[12:39] | Mr. Shore, do I have to come down there? | Shore先生 我要走下来吗? |
[12:41] | Judge, I’m actually a fan of corporal punishment, | 法官大人 其实我是个喜欢受体罚的人 |
[12:44] | especially when it comes from the rugged hands… | 特别是被一双粗糙的手… |
[12:47] | but perhaps just me. | 不过或许只是我这么想 |
[12:50] | Ms. Path, please continue. | Path女士 请继续 |
[12:54] | What’s your main issue, Martin? | 你最大的问题是什么 Martin? |
[12:56] | My ex-wife, in doing what she does, | 我的前妻 干她那活儿 |
[12:59] | is giving Daniella an excessively permissive take on sex. | 是在给Daniella在性上竖立 一个过分纵容的态度 |
[13:03] | She’s saying to my daughter, “it’s okay to be sexual | 她等于在告诉我的女儿 “没关系的 你可以为了钱 |
[13:06] | with people you don’t love for money.” | “和不喜欢的人发生性关系” |
[13:09] | Studies show | 研究显示 |
[13:10] | that the more often parents discuss sex with their kids | 父母越多地和孩子谈论性话题 |
[13:13] | in an open and comfortable manner, | 用一种开放惬意的方式 |
[13:15] | the less likely the kids are to have sex early and casually. | 孩子就越不会过早 过于随意地做爱 |
[13:20] | This goes way beyond discussion. | 这不是讨论的重点 |
[13:21] | It’s also been found that the parent needs to | 研究也发现 父母需要 |
[13:25] | initiate these exchanges, uh, as 77% of teenagers | 主动进行交流 因为有77%的青少年 |
[13:30] | simply don’t know how to bring it up. | 不知道如何开口 |
[13:32] | Shouldn’t you count yourself lucky | 难道你不应该庆幸一下 |
[13:33] | that you have a trained professional in the family, | 你家里有一位受过培训的专业人士 |
[13:36] | someone skilled… a little too skilled. | -有能力… -太有能力了点 |
[13:40] | You were aware that Joan was a sex surrogate | 你在娶她的时候知不知道 |
[13:43] | – when you married her? – Well, yes, but… | -她是性代理辅导? -知道 但是… |
[13:46] | did it turn you on? | 这有没有让你感到性奋? |
[13:46] | Objection. | 反对 |
[13:47] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[13:48] | Did it turn you on? | 你感到性奋了吗? |
[13:49] | Once you become a parent, you look at things differently. | 一旦你当了家长 你的态度就会发生改变 |
[13:52] | That’s a yes, it turned you on. | 那就是是了 它让你性奋 |
[13:53] | I told her I wanted her to quit. | 我告诉她让她不要干了 |
[13:55] | We wanted to start a family, which we did, | 我们想要建立家庭 也确实这么做了 |
[13:57] | and she quit for a while, | 她有一阵子没有做 |
[14:00] | but then she went back to work. | 但是之后她又开始干了 |
[14:02] | Ah. So women should only work | 啊 那么女人只能 |
[14:04] | until they become wives and mothers | 在成为妻子和母亲之前工作 |
[14:06] | because that’s their real calling, | 因为为人妻母才是她们的天职 |
[14:07] | and a career is just something to do | 而事业只不过 |
[14:09] | until their real lives start, which is mothering. | 是在成为母亲 开始正真的生活之前能做的 |
[14:12] | I didn’t ask her to quit curing cancer… | 我没有让她不去治疗癌症… |
[14:15] | or quit teaching kids to be concert violinists. | 或是不教孩子去成为小提琴演奏家 |
[14:19] | I asked her to give up the orgasm workshops. | 我只是不要她去教人去制造性高潮 |
[14:21] | – Move to strike. – Overruled. | -请求撤销证言 -撤销无效 |
[14:29] | Something bothering you, Mr. Shore? | 有什么让你不爽吗 Shore先生? |
[14:38] | She threatened to beat you up? | 她威胁要揍你? |
[14:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:41] | – The judge? – Yes | – 那个法官? – 对 |
[14:42] | and the lawyer. She’d beat me up if she could. | 还有律师 如果她可以 她也会来揍我 |
[14:44] | The little one who slapped me around? | 那个打我耳光的小妞? |
[14:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:47] | She’s a fiery number. | 她够辣 |
[14:49] | She’d wear you out at night, I’ll bet. | 我打赌 晚上她会让榨干你 |
[14:51] | Denny, do you think you and I are sexist? | Denny 你觉得我和你是性别歧视的人吗? |
[14:54] | Us? | 我们? |
[14:55] | We do tend to objectify women. | 我们的确有物化女人的倾向 |
[14:57] | They love that, Alan. They’d be mad if you didn’t. | 她们喜欢 Alan 如果你不真么干 她们才会生气 |
[15:00] | Do you think you treat women as your equal? | 你觉得自己对待女人公平吗? |
[15:03] | I’m Denny Crane. | 我是Denny Crane |
[15:04] | There’s no man my equal, much less a woman. | 对男人都不公平 更何况是女人 |
[15:07] | Ah. | 啊 |
[15:08] | You know who the real sexists are in this country, Alan? | 你知道这国家里谁是最性别歧视的人 Alan? |
[15:11] | It’s the women. It’s the women media who tore up Hillary, | 是女人们 是女性媒体在整希拉里 |
[15:14] | women who criticized her pantsuits, | 女人们批评她的套装 |
[15:16] | said she wasn’t pretty enough, she should be softer, sexier. | 说她不够漂亮 她该更温和 更性感 |
[15:21] | Me? Hell, just give me the word, | 而我? 只要给我一声指令 |
[15:22] | I’ll throw her across my desk. | 我就会把她压倒在我桌上 |
[15:25] | You’re such a libertarian. | 你真是个自由主义者 |
[15:26] | Alan, you and I | Alan 你和我 |
[15:27] | are the last people who could be called sexist. | 是最不该被说成是性别歧视的人 |
[15:30] | We love women, all women, even the fat ones. | 我们爱女人 所有女人 甚至是其中的胖子 |
[15:34] | Hell, sometimes I even prefer the fat ones. | 嘿 有时候更喜欢胖的 |
[15:38] | What? | 怎么? |
[15:53] | Talking is the predominant element of surrogate therapy… | 谈话是性辅导的主要组成部分 |
[15:56] | um, sharing information, providing emotional support, | 嗯 分享信息 提供感情上的支持 |
[16:00] | devising coping skills. | 教授模仿的技巧 |
[16:01] | There are no erotic body awareness exercises, | 是些并不色情的 针对身体感官的锻炼 |
[16:05] | sensory explorations and relaxation techniques. | 挖掘它的感知力 以及自我放松的方法 |
[16:08] | And yet, these folks depict you as a strumpet | 而这些人把你描绘成 |
[16:11] | with a plaque on the wall. | 挂牌营业的妓女 |
[16:13] | Less than 15% of my time with clients | 我与客户在一起时 只有15%以下的时间 |
[16:15] | is spent engaging in sexual activities. | 用在进行与性有关的活动上 |
[16:18] | The goal is to reorient, to reeducate | 目标是为了重新灌输 重新教育他们 |
[16:21] | so that intimacy is possible, comfortable and healthy. | 亲密行为是可能的 舒服的 健康的 |
[16:24] | But is it primarily about sexual technique? | 那么它主要是关于性技巧吗? |
[16:26] | It’s primarily about intimacy, | 主要是关于那种亲密感 |
[16:29] | which often goes way deeper than sex. | 这往往比性爱更深刻 |
[16:32] | Some women are self-loathing and use sex as an affirmation, | 有些女人自我厌恶 利用做爱来证实这点 |
[16:35] | which, of course, completely backfires. | 事实却与愿违 |
[16:37] | I have many men who love their wives, | 我的很多男性客户都爱他们的妻子 |
[16:40] | but nevertheless, hate women on some level. | 但不管怎样 都会在某种程度上痛恨女性 |
[16:47] | Uh… and… | 呃…那么… |
[16:50] | you went back to work after your divorce because? | 你离婚之后又回到工作中是因为? |
[16:53] | I was eager to be an example to my daughter | 我急于想给我女儿做个榜样 |
[16:56] | of an independent, self-sufficient woman. | 成为一名自立自主的女性 |
[17:02] | For the most part, that went very well. | 大部分都进展得不错 |
[17:04] | Would you like to explain that little personal shot at me? | 你愿意来解释一下你对我的小小攻击吗? |
[17:07] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[17:08] | That comment about men hating women? | 那关于男人恨女人的说法 |
[17:09] | That comment wasn’t somewhat directed at me? | 那言论难道不是用来针对我的吗? |
[17:11] | No. I have many male clients who are repulsed by feminism. | 不 我有很多男性客户反感女权主义 |
[17:15] | It had nothing to do with you, Alan. | 这绝不是针对你 Alan |
[17:18] | But the fact that it hit a nerve is… | 但是看来它说中了你的痛处… |
[17:19] | of course it hit a nerve! | 当然说中了我的痛处… |
[17:20] | You’ve got my antennae up. | 你让我如临大敌 |
[17:21] | Then ask yourself why. | 那问问你为什么? |
[17:23] | Joanna, I am not one of those men | Joanna 我也是那些那人中的一个 |
[17:24] | who hates women or is repulsed by feminism. | 痛恨女人 或者反感女权主义 |
[17:27] | – I know that. – I’m not. I’m… | -我知道 -我不是 我… |
[17:36] | Iook, do you want me to win your daughter back? | 瞧 你想让我把你女儿赢回来吗? |
[17:38] | I do. | 我想 |
[17:38] | Then don’t unsettle me with… | 那就不要再让我分心 |
[17:47] | you know, Alan, you once told me, when you meet a woman, | 你瞧 Alan 你曾告诉我 每当你遇到一个女人 |
[17:49] | the first question you ask yourself is, | 你问自己的第一个问题是 |
[17:51] | “would I or wouldn’t I, and how would it be?” | “会不会 会怎么样?” |
[17:52] | That’s the first question | 这个第一个问题 |
[17:53] | every heterosexual male asks himself. | 是所有直男都会问自己的 |
[17:55] | We’re built that way. | 我们的天性 |
[17:58] | And for your information, it’s now more like | 听你说的 这倒像是 |
[18:00] | the third or fourth question I ask myself. | 我会问自己的第三 第四个问题 |
[18:02] | That doesn’t mean I hate women. | 但是并不意味着我恨女人 |
[18:05] | When I knocked on your door the other day, you said hello | 那天我敲门的时候 你打了声招呼 |
[18:07] | and mentally undressed me in a heartbeat. | 瞬间就在脑海里把我扒光了衣服 |
[18:09] | I do that with all… people. | 我对所有的…人…都这么做 |
[18:14] | You looked fantastic. | 你看上去楚楚动人 |
[18:19] | The guy pulled a gun on me. I pulled mine on him. | 那个人举枪对我 我也举枪对他 |
[18:21] | Yes. The issue here isn’t self-defense so much as… | 没错 但是这里的问题不太关自卫什么事… |
[18:23] | but it was self-defense. | 但就是自卫 |
[18:24] | Absolutely. | 绝对是 |
[18:25] | I mean, if I didn’t have my gun… | 我是说 如果我没有带枪 |
[18:26] | – you’d be dead. Finis – gone. | -你就死了 完蛋了 -翘了 |
[18:28] | – I had to shoot, saved my life. – Boom | -我必须开枪 救自己 -砰 |
[18:29] | and Jerry’s. | 还有Jerry的命 |
[18:30] | Didn’t shoot to kill. | 不是为了杀他 |
[18:31] | Just to wound. | 只是打伤他 |
[18:31] | – Took a knee. Boom and boom. – And two feet. Boom | -朝膝盖 砰 砰 -两只脚 砰 |
[18:34] | objection! You think this is funny? | 反对!你觉得这有趣? |
[18:38] | Funny uh, did you have a chuckle | 有趣 呃 上一次有人把枪 |
[18:40] | the last time somebody pulled a gun on you? | 指着你时 你笑了吗? |
[18:42] | This case is about concealing a handgun on the person, | 这案子打的是有人私藏枪械 |
[18:45] | not about self-defense. | 不是自卫 |
[18:47] | That doesn’t mean we can ignore the reality | 这不意味着我们就要忽视真相 |
[18:49] | that if Mr. Crane didn’t have his concealed weapon… | 如果Crane先生没有私藏枪械… |
[18:51] | – dead. Finis. Boom. – Gone. Boom. And boom. | -死了 翘了 砰 -完蛋了 砰 砰 |
[18:54] | Objection! | 反对! |
[18:55] | Stop it! | 住嘴! |
[18:59] | You think you have a constitutional right | 你觉得你有宪法赋予的权利 |
[19:01] | to conceal a weapon without a carry permit? | 在没有携带许可情况下私藏枪械? |
[19:03] | I have a right to keep a gun at home. | 我有权利在家放把枪 |
[19:04] | The court says so. | 法院是这么说的 |
[19:06] | You were on the street. | 你是在街上 |
[19:07] | A man’s home is where his heart is. In my case, the penis. | 一个男人的家所在就是他的心所在 而我 就是我的老二所在 |
[19:10] | Do you have any idea how many people die from gun violence | 你知道在这个国家里有多少人 |
[19:12] | in this country? | 死于枪支暴力吗? |
[19:13] | Yeah, yeah. Let’s make a law… no carrying guns. | 是的 是的 让我们订部法律… 禁止携带枪支 |
[19:15] | I’m sure the criminals will obey it. | 我肯定罪犯会遵守的 |
[19:17] | Show me where the constitution says | 告诉我宪法哪里说了 |
[19:18] | you can walk the streets armed without a carry permit. | 你可以在未经许可的情况下带着武器上街 |
[19:21] | The constitution says whatever the supreme court says it says. | 宪法是由最高法院来解释的 |
[19:25] | As for what the supreme court says, | 要说高院怎么说 |
[19:26] | that all depends on who’s president. | 那要看谁是总统了 |
[19:28] | Move to strike. | 请求撤销证言 |
[19:29] | You don’t have to be a legal genius to know | 不是司法天才也会知道 |
[19:30] | that if you’ve got a president in office who likes guns | 如果你有位喜欢枪支的当选总统 |
[19:33] | and a vice president who likes to hunt… | 而副总统喜欢打… |
[19:36] | lawyers and quail | 律师和妓女的猎 |
[19:37] | and a supreme court justice who hunts with him, | 以及和他为伍的最高法院法官 |
[19:40] | you’re gonna have a constitutional right | 你就会有宪法赋予的权利 |
[19:41] | to shoot bad guys in the knee. | 去开枪打坏人的膝盖 |
[19:54] | I swear to you, the man doesn’t have Alzheimer’s. | 我发誓 这男人没有老年痴呆症 |
[19:57] | He uses the mad cow as an excuse to do whatever the hell he wants, | 他把疯牛病作为借口来为所欲为 |
[20:00] | whether it’s dropping his pants or shooting people. | 比如可以不穿裤子或者开枪打人 |
[20:03] | He had a pet scan. | 他做了次正电子扫描 |
[20:04] | It showed he has plaque on his brain. | 查出脑部阴影 |
[20:06] | Says who? | 谁说呢? |
[20:07] | He’s Denny Crane. You don’t think he could rig a pet scan? | 他是Denny Crane 你认为他不会操纵正电子扫描的结果? |
[20:09] | I’m telling you, the man knows what he’s doing. | 我要告诉你 这家伙知道自己在做什么 |
[20:12] | Is he going to win here? | 他这次能赢么? |
[20:15] | That I don’t know. We don’t really have a defense. | 那我不清楚 我们实在没有正当的辩护理由 |
[20:19] | Can you… | 你能… |
[20:20] | explain the wisdom in letting Jerry close? | 解释一下为什么让Jerry做结案陈词? |
[20:23] | Denny’s wisdom. | Denny的主意 |
[20:24] | Since Jerry was also a victim, | 虽然Jerry也是个受害者 |
[20:26] | he’s most able to put the jury in Denny’s shoes that night. | 他最能让陪审员对Denny当晚的处境感同身受 |
[20:30] | Shirley. | |
[20:31] | Carl. | |
[20:33] | Shirley, um, | Shirley 嗯 |
[20:35] | do you find me terribly sexist? | 你认为我有可怕的性别歧视吗? |
[20:39] | This isn’t funny. | 这并不可笑 |
[20:42] | Answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[20:45] | Before I respond, could you answer a question for me? | 在我回答之前 你能先回答我一个问题吗? |
[20:50] | Are you finished fiddling with my cheerleader outfit? | 你还在和我的拉拉队队服瞎搞吗? |
[20:53] | I-I… | 我-我… |
[20:55] | that’s just… | 只不过是… |
[20:57] | a textile fetish. | 服装控 |
[20:58] | Alan | Alan. |
[21:00] | I respect women, every part of a woman. | 我尊敬女性 女性的各个方面(部位) |
[21:03] | I’d say especially the parts. | 我想说 特别是各个部位 |
[21:05] | That’s right. So… | 没关系 那么… |
[21:08] | that isn’t true, Shirley. | 不是这样的 Shirley |
[21:10] | Is it? | 是么? |
[21:11] | Alan, you know you are an iconic letch. | Alan 你知道自己混乱的性生活名声在外 |
[21:15] | If I make you feel any better, | 如果我能让你感觉更好 |
[21:16] | sometimes even I like being ogled by you. | 有时我甚至有点喜欢你调戏我 |
[21:19] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[21:21] | I think the problem you’re having is… | 我觉得你的问题是… |
[21:25] | you feel reduced by the label. | 你觉得这头衔贬低了自己 |
[21:28] | You’re not a simple man. | 你并不简单 |
[21:30] | You’re extremely complicated, | 你的个性相当丰富 |
[21:32] | brilliant, funny, profoundly layered, | 才华出众 风趣 很多特点 |
[21:35] | but fundamentally, you are, an… | 但从根本上说 你是一个… |
[21:40] | incorrigible, irrepressible dog… | 无可救药的无法控制的发情的狗狗… |
[21:46] | with a textile fetish. | 还是个服装控 |
[21:51] | I love this place. | 我喜欢这个地方 |
[22:19] | Jerry? | |
[22:21] | Denny. | |
[22:23] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[22:24] | Standing on my desk. | 站在我的桌子上 |
[22:28] | For any particular reason? | 有什么特别的原因? |
[22:30] | I’m having an out-of-body experience. | 我现在感觉灵魂出窍 |
[22:33] | I’m looking down on myself as I deliver my compelling closing. | 看着正在下面做结案陈词的自己 |
[22:39] | Come on off the desk there, big fella. | 从桌上下来吧 大块头 |
[22:43] | Here, come to papa | 来 爸爸抱 |
[22:48] | You want to do well here, don’t you? | 你想做好 对吧? |
[22:49] | I do. | 当然 |
[22:50] | ‘Cause lawyers who get me off tend to make partner, | 因为能帮我脱身的律师将成为合伙人 (get off 还有达到性高潮的意思) |
[22:53] | especially women lawyers. | 特别是女律师 |
[22:55] | Stop laughing, Jerry. | 不要笑了 Jerry |
[22:58] | I notice you twiddling the wooden cigarette. | 我注意到你喜欢把玩木制香烟 |
[23:02] | Makes you feel confident, does it? | 让自己更自信 是么? |
[23:04] | It helps. | 是的 |
[23:07] | Iook what I got here. | 看我这儿是什么 |
[23:09] | A wooden cigar. | 木质雪茄 |
[23:10] | It’s yours… | 这是你的… |
[23:13] | if you do a good job, | 如果你干得出色 |
[23:15] | and by doing a good job, Jerry, | 并且通过漂亮的表现 Jerry |
[23:17] | you personally can ensure | 你个人可以确保 |
[23:18] | that every American has the right, the privilege of carrying a gun. | 携带枪支是每个美国人应享的权利 这也是他们的特权 |
[23:22] | How many lawyers have that opportunity… | 有多少律师能有这样的机会… |
[23:26] | truly, Jerry? | 对吧 Jerry? |
[23:31] | Does your mom ever bring any of her clients home? | 你妈妈有没有把客人带回家过? |
[23:34] | No. | 没有 |
[23:35] | Daniella, what exactly do you know about your mother’s job? | Daniella 你知道你妈妈到底是做什么工作的? |
[23:39] | L-I know she’s a sexual surrogate. | 我-我知道她是个性代理辅导 |
[23:42] | And you know what a sexual surrogate does? | 你明白什么是性代理辅导吗? |
[23:45] | She treats people with, like… | 她为别人治疗 比如… |
[23:47] | sex problems and problems trusting and stuff. | 性方面的问题 还有信任等等的问题 |
[23:51] | And you know the nature of that treatment? | 那你知道治疗的方式吗? |
[23:54] | She talks to them, sometimes she has sex with them. | 她和他们交谈 有时会做爱 |
[24:00] | How do you feel about that? | 你对此怎么想的? |
[24:02] | I don’t know. Um… | 我不知道 嗯… |
[24:04] | o-okay, I guess. I mean… | 还好 我想 我的意思是… |
[24:07] | it’s a little weird, but it’s her job. | 是有点怪 但这是她的工作 |
[24:10] | Daniella, can you tell me a little bit about | Daniell 你能不能跟我讲点儿 |
[24:13] | what life is like at home with your mother? | 在家里 你和妈妈的生活是怎样的? |
[24:15] | It’s… | 嗯… |
[24:17] | I don’t know, normal, I guess. | 我也不清楚 很普通吧 我觉得 |
[24:19] | Um, it’s home. | 嗯 就是家里的生活啊 |
[24:21] | And what do you and your mom do together? | 你和妈妈在一起会做什么? |
[24:23] | Lots of stuff. We like to hike. | 很多事情 我们喜欢徒步旅行 |
[24:25] | We like to play a lot of games… | 我们喜欢做很多游戏– |
[24:27] | you know, hearts, monopoly. | 你知道么 纸牌啊 大富翁啊 |
[24:28] | She’s one of the coaches on my soccer team. | 她还是我的足球队教练 |
[24:32] | But mostly, she kinda nags me to do my homework | 但她做得最多的就是催我别玩”吉他英雄”游戏 |
[24:34] | and stop playing “guitar hero.” | 赶快去做作业 |
[24:36] | Do you ever talk about your mother’s job with her? | 你跟妈妈聊过她的工作吗? |
[24:40] | Sometimes. | 有时会 |
[24:41] | Daniella, | |
[24:42] | I know this is an unfair question, but I am going to ask it. | 我知道这个问题不太合适 但我还是要问一下 |
[24:47] | Do you have a feeling about living either mostly with your mom or your dad? | 如果让你大部分的时间里和爸爸或者妈妈中的一个住在一起 你怎么看呢? |
[24:56] | We are a nation of laws, and Mr. Crane broke the law. | 我们是法治国家 而Crane先生触犯了法律 |
[25:00] | He carried a concealed weapon… eight of them, actually. | 他身藏武器–事实上藏了8个 |
[25:04] | He has no defense nor has he offered one. | 他没有什么可以辩护的 甚至都不能提出一个正当的辩护理由 |
[25:07] | His only play would be to challenge the existing law. | 他所能做的只是去质疑现有法律的合理性 |
[25:13] | He no doubt thinks the recent supreme court ruling empowers him. | 他一定认为最高法院的最新裁决支持他的行为 |
[25:16] | It does not. | 事实并非如此 |
[25:18] | The ruling said that an individual has the right to bear arms. | 裁决认为人们有权持有武器 |
[25:21] | It does not say he has a right to conceal them, | 而没说人们有权藏匿武器 |
[25:24] | nor does it hold that the stash can’t impose?? | 也不代表隔州就不能 |
[25:27] | reasonable restrictions on that right. | 对这项权利设置合理的限制条件 |
[25:30] | And this restriction is very reasonable. | 而这种限制非常合理 |
[25:33] | 30,000 Americans are killed by guns every year. | 每年3万美国人死于枪下 |
[25:37] | To put that in perspective, | 对比而言 |
[25:38] | we have lost close to 4,000 soldiers in Iraq during the war. | 在伊拉克战争中我们失去了4千士兵 |
[25:43] | Kids are killed on the street walking to school. | 孩子们死于上学途中 |
[25:46] | People are shot dead in their houses, their places of work. | 人们在家中或工作地点被枪杀 |
[25:48] | Do we really need another Virginia tech | 难道我们还需要经历一次弗吉尼亚科技大学的悲剧吗? (2007年4月16日发生的美国史上最严重校园枪击案) |
[25:50] | to realize that this country has a problem which is epidemic? | 才能明白这个问题正在全国蔓延? |
[25:54] | There are now more firearms in homes than pets. | 目前人们家中武器比宠物还多 |
[25:58] | Does the defense really mean to suggest | 被告方是否真的希望 |
[26:00] | that folks be allowed to walk around concealing their firearms? | 人们被允许携藏枪支到处走动? |
[26:05] | Or is it just that Denny Crane is above the law? | 或者只是Denny Crane处于法律之上? |
[26:07] | Or maybe, | 或者也许 |
[26:09] | as his testimony suggests, it’s all in good fun. | 按其证词所说 只是很好玩 |
[26:14] | Why be so concerned about something as trivial as human life? | 人们的生命如此轻贱 又怎么值得我们去关心呢? |
[26:33] | Jerry, you have to get up now. | Jerry 你现在该站起来了 |
[26:43] | Human life? Human life? | 人命? 人命? |
[26:44] | Can we just please dispense with the human life jingle? | 我们能不能暂时不要讨论人命的重要? |
[26:47] | It’s so boring. Of course we’re all pro-human life. | 这相当乏味 当然我们都坚持以人为本 |
[26:50] | Show of hands. How many in favor of people not being dead? | 举手表决一下 有多少人赞成人是不该死的? |
[26:56] | But let’s face it. We love guns. | 让我们来面对这个问题 我们喜欢枪支 |
[27:00] | Go to the movies, for Pete’s sake, turn on your TV. | 看在上帝的份上 去看电影和电视 |
[27:02] | We’re a pistol-totin’, gun-lovin’ people. | 我们都喜欢把玩手枪 |
[27:05] | Remember, we started this country with the shot heard round the world, | 要记住 我们创建这个国家靠的就是”惊世一枪” |
[27:08] | not a legislation.” am I right? | 而不是立法 我说得没错吧? |
[27:10] | Look, Denny Crane is a lawyer himself, a scholar. | 听着 Denny Crane本身是律师 一位学者 |
[27:14] | In fact, if there are two legal minds | 事实上 如果在这个国家还有两位法律人 |
[27:17] | that were ever in perfect sync in this country, | 拥有一致的法律意志 |
[27:19] | it would be those of Antonin Scalia and Denny Crane. | 将会是Antonin Scalia和Denny Crane (美国最高法院法官Antonin Scalia 曾作出推翻华盛顿特区禁枪令的判决) |
[27:23] | Check their DNA… twins separated at birth, I tell you… | 化验他们的DNA–出生以后就失散了的双胞胎啊 他们就是– |
[27:26] | Denny and Tony, Tony and Denny. | Denny和Tony Tony和Denny |
[27:28] | Can you imagine ??y Crane on the supreme court? | 你们能想像一下Denny Crane身居最高法院的情形? |
[27:31] | Wow. Scalia, Roberts, Thomas, Alito and Crane… | 哇 Scalia Roberts Thomas Alito 还有Crane– (除Crane外皆为最高法院大法官) |
[27:34] | talk about birds of a feather. | 我们都说物以类聚 人以群分 |
[27:35] | Jerry, what are you doing? | Jerry 你在做什么? |
[27:37] | What am I doing? I’m celebrating the actions of my client. | 我在做什么? 我在赞美我方委托人的行为 |
[27:40] | I’m acknowledging that he, along with the supreme court… | 我在让大家意识到他 和最高法院– |
[27:43] | not all, but the big five… | 不是所有的 而是那的五位老大– (对推翻禁枪令投出赞成票的) |
[27:44] | are smarter than any other supreme court we’ve ever had. | 比历届所有的最高法院的大法官都要明智 |
[27:47] | I mean, no other supreme court in our 200-year history | 我的意思是 在我们200年历史上没有任何最高法院 |
[27:50] | could find a right to bear arms for nonmilitary purposes, | 能找到一个理由 使之可授予非军事目的持有武器的权利的 |
[27:53] | but suddenly… presto! | 但猛然间–变了! |
[27:55] | Thank God for the big five, I tell you. | 感谢五位大法官 肺腑之言啊 |
[28:01] | “A well regulated militia | “管理良好的民兵 |
[28:03] | “being necessary to the security of a free state, | “是保障自由州的安全之所必需 |
[28:05] | “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” | “人们持有和携带武器的权利不得侵犯” (美国宪法第二修正案) |
[28:10] | It turns out the trick is to just ignore the first 13 words. | 结果关键在于忽略前面13个词 |
[28:18] | Home free. | 一切就搞定了了 |
[28:18] | See, big Tony calls this “the prefatory clause.” | 瞧 Tony兄称此为”序言条款” |
[28:22] | Prefatory… I guess that means “worthless.” | 序言 我猜这意味着”无足轻重” |
[28:24] | And this is the operative clause. | 而这是实施条款 |
[28:29] | Of course. | 毫无疑问 |
[28:30] | All this nonsense about the right being necessary for a well regulated militia, | 所有这些关于管理良好的民兵所需之权利的废话 |
[28:33] | they put that in for fun, those founding father jokesters. | 只是写着玩的 是开国者的恶作剧 |
[28:38] | We weren’t supposed to actually take this part seriously. | 我们本不该对此如此重视 |
[28:40] | How could all those stupid supreme courts | 过去二百年里那些愚蠢的最高法院法官们 |
[28:43] | over the last 200 years have fallen for that? | 怎么会上了这个当? |
[28:45] | – May I have a word with co counsel… – no, you may not. | – 我可以和合作律师说句话吗? – 不 不可以 |
[28:47] | sit down, Hacky Sack | 坐下来 小沙球 |
[28:48] | And enough with this “we’re a nation of laws ” crapola. | 别再胡扯什么”依法治国”了 |
[28:51] | Please, we’re a nation of politics. | 拜托 我们国家政治至上 |
[28:53] | Am I right? Am I right? | 没错吧? 没错吧? |
[28:54] | The laws are simply devices to serve our ideologies. | 法律只不过是贯彻我们思想的工具 |
[28:57] | For example, this court, | 举个例子 这个法庭 |
[28:58] | which is the smartest in the history of the world, | 世界历史上最明智的创设 |
[29:00] | trumpeted individual liberties to protect guns?? | 为了保护携带枪支权利拼命鼓吹个人自由 叭叭叭– |
[29:03] | But as for individual liberties for criminal defendants? | 但是刑事被告人的自由权利呢? |
[29:07] | Who needs ’em? | 谁会需要呢? |
[29:08] | And then in the Guantanamo case, | 在关塔那摩案件中 |
[29:09] | big Tony said individual liberties be damned | Tony法官说如果更多人将失去生命 |
[29:12] | when it means more human lives might be lost, | 此时个人自由应被踩在脚下 |
[29:14] | but in the gun’s case, it’s hail, hail individual liberties, | 但在枪支案件中 个人自由至上 |
[29:17] | even though mo human lives might be lost. | 即便更多人会因此丧命 |
[29:18] | That’s consistent. | 这也太”一致”了 |
[29:20] | See, big Tony knows the score. | 瞧 Tony兄明白关键所在 |
[29:23] | Iook to your politics. | 去政治里找找吧 |
[29:25] | That’ll tell you what the law is. | 那会告诉你什么是法律 |
[29:27] | Jerry. | |
[29:28] | Pipe down, Sacky Boy. | 别插嘴 没人要的小乖乖 |
[29:29] | These are smart judges, these Super Enemies. | 最高法院法官们可是很聪明的 |
[29:32] | And, boy, once we got the newbies, Roberts and Alito, the preemies… | 可是 天哪 一旦我们新来了Roberts和Alito这两个菜鸟– |
[29:37] | the possibilities are just boundless. | 可能性便无限放大了 |
[29:39] | They don’t have to be bound by the constitution or the founding fathers. | 他们不必被宪法或者开国者所束缚 |
[29:43] | Seems they’re even bound by their own principles. | 看起来甚至不被其自我原则所约束 |
[29:46] | Jerry. | |
[29:47] | Consider… | 考虑到… |
[29:49] | they always say political questions should be decided by elected officials, | 他们总是说政治问题应该由公选官员来决定 |
[29:53] | but as for guns… nuh-uh! | 但是对于枪支问题–就不啦! |
[29:55] | They say we need to pay close attention to the precise words in the constitution, | 他们说我们应该仔细关注宪法用词之精确 |
[29:59] | but for guns… nuh-uh! | 但是对于枪支问题–就不啦! |
[30:02] | They say they judicial activism, | 他们说他们鄙视传统的激进主义 |
[30:04] | But when it comes to guns… nuh-uh! | 但是一旦碰到枪支问题–就不啦! |
[30:07] | Don’t you just love these preemies? McCain does. | 你们是不是爱死这些菜鸟法官了? 反正麦凯恩喜欢 |
[30:10] | He want to go out and find more judges exactly like t?? | 他希望再去多找些这种人来 |
[30:12] | He’s a smarty-pants, too, that McCain. He knows how to become president. | 他也是个聪明的家伙那个麦凯恩 他知道怎么做上总统 |
[30:16] | He once cosponsored a Bill closing the gun show loophole. | 他一度签署了一项法令 以关闭枪支展览会 |
[30:19] | But now? Nuh-uh! | 现在呢?他不这样了 |
[30:21] | He now believes the second amendment means no gun control. | 他现在相信第二修正案 意味着没有枪支管制 |
[30:24] | That might make him even smarter than big Tony and the preemies. | 这可能说明他比Tony兄和那几个菜鸟更聪明 |
[30:27] | And Obama, he’s no dummy. | 还有奥巴马 他可不傻 |
[30:29] | He once took a stand on firearms, but in his blueprint for change… | 他曾经在枪支管制上立场坚定 但是在他的改革计划书上.. |
[30:33] | nada, | 没了 |
[30:34] | nothing on gun control. | 完全没提到枪支管理 |
[30:36] | I guess we don’t need that much change. | 我猜我们不需要改变那么多吧 |
[30:38] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you cannot convict Denny Crane. | 陪审团的女士们 先生们 你们不可以给Denny Crane定罪 |
[30:41] | If anything, this man should be hoanonized. | 如果要怎么样的话 这个人应该被 |
[30:44] | Oh, don’t you love that word? Canonized. | 哦 你们是不是也爱死这个词了? 视为圣徒(canonized的词根canon有大炮的意思) |
[30:46] | Sounds like a big gun. | 听起来像大型枪械 |
[30:47] | Show of hands, how many are titillated? | 举手看看 有多少人觉得被挠到痒处了? |
[30:49] | Denny Crane, like big Tony, like the preemies, | Denny crane 和Tony兄一样 和那几个菜鸟一样 |
[30:51] | he doesn’t look at the meaning of the constrict and say why. | 他不盯着宪法钻字眼 |
[30:53] | He sees meanings that never were | 他能看到那种原本没有的意思 |
[30:57] | and says why not? | 然后说 为什么不呢? |
[30:59] | My client is a real American… | 我的委托人是一个真正的美国人– |
[31:01] | flag on his lapel, gun in his pants. | 翻领上别着国旗 裤子上插着枪支 |
[31:04] | He shoots bad guys. Boom, boom. Boom, boom. | 他对坏人开枪 砰 砰 砰 砰 |
[31:07] | There is nothing more red, white and blue than him, | 没有什么比他更加爱国了 |
[31:10] | a man who knows, as does our president, | 他无所不知 正如我们的总统 |
[31:12] | as do the big five… | 正如那五位老大… |
[31:15] | human life is simply no match for a gun. | 人命与枪支比起来 实在是微不足道 |
[31:32] | What the hell was that?! | 那到底是什么鬼东西?! |
[31:34] | Was I not compelling? | 我不够有说服力吗? |
[31:35] | You just sent him to jail. | 你等于是把他一手送进监狱了 |
[31:37] | What could possibly possess you? | 难道是什么上了你的身? |
[31:39] | You did, for starters. You said to give Denny what he needs. | 首先来说 是你 你说Danny要什么就给他什么 |
[31:42] | He needed to lose. | 他需要输 (也有应该输的意思 所以Sack误会了) |
[31:44] | He needed to lose. | 他需要输 |
[31:45] | – And you made that decision? – Denny did. | – 所以你擅自做了这个决定? – Denny做的 |
[31:50] | Carl, my friend, the trick to changing a law is not to beat it, | Carl 我的朋友 改变法律的关键不在于打败它 |
[31:54] | but to get beat. | 而是被打败 |
[31:56] | Then you can appeal to a court that can change it. | 然后你就可以向能改变法律的最高法院上诉了 |
[31:59] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么? |
[32:00] | The Massachusetts legislature is never gonna let us pack pistols. | 麻省立法院是绝对不会同意我们带枪的 |
[32:04] | You gotta get it to the supreme court. | 你得把这事儿搞上最高法院 |
[32:08] | They’ll take care of it. | 他们会处理的 |
[32:10] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[32:11] | You want to lose so you can appeal to the supreme court? | 你想要输掉官司 然后能向最高法院上诉? |
[32:16] | Jey, my boy, | Jerry 做的好 |
[32:18] | let me present you a wooden cigar. | 让我给你呈上一根木制雪茄 |
[32:22] | You earned it, my friend. | 你应得的 我的朋友 |
[32:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[32:29] | I’m a professional woman. I have kids. | 我是一个职业妇女 我有孩子 |
[32:31] | They understand what I do. They ask me about my work. | 他们知道我在做什么 他们会向我问起我的工作 |
[32:35] | They’re proud to have me come to their school for career day. | 如果我去他们学校的事业日演讲 他们会非常自豪 (事业日 家长去学校和学生讨论他们的工作 以激发孩子对该工作的热情) |
[32:39] | And when I get this paycheck, | 而我拿到薪水的时候 |
[32:42] | they can feel confident | 他们完全可以相信 |
[32:43] | that it doesn’t represent one minute of me engaging in a sex act. | 我绝对没有参与什么性工作 |
[32:48] | Will this be the case for Daniella? | 对于Daniella来说会是这样吗? |
[32:51] | What’s in her best interests? | 什么是对她最有利的? |
[32:53] | Daniella’s best interests lie with her father. | 和她的父亲在一起是对Daniella最有利的 |
[32:58] | Let’s not be outfoxed by the fancy talk | 不要让Monroe女士和她的滑头律师 |
[33:01] | and therapy-jargonized argument of Ms. Monroe and her sleazy lawyer | 的夸夸其谈以及些心理治疗的专业名词 就把我们给迷惑了 |
[33:05] | and allow Daniella to be exposed to a woman | 而让这个女人毒害Daniella |
[33:08] | who employs questionable philosophies | 她所推行的人生哲学实在值得质疑 |
[33:11] | and unfit moral practices in her chosen career. | 她自己所选择的职业也出现不道德的行为 |
[33:16] | The general laws of Massachusetts state that | 麻省通法规定 |
[33:18] | custody of a child includes the right and responsibility | 儿童抚养权包括 |
[33:21] | to see to the child’s welfare and make major decisions | 保证儿童的幸福生活 |
[33:25] | about his or her education and medical care | 并在其教育 医疗 情绪 道德及宗教发展 |
[33:29] | and emotional, moral and religious development. | 方面做出关键决定的权利及义务 |
[33:35] | Give Daniella’s father sole custody. | 请让Daniella的父亲获得单独抚养权 |
[33:47] | Don’t make me hit you. | 别逼我打你 |
[33:51] | There was an incident in a shopping mall recently | 最近在百货商店出了件意外 |
[33:55] | that incited a storm of protests and was well-covered by the media. | 此事掀起了抗议的狂潮 媒体也争相报道 |
[33:59] | Apparently a woman was thrown out of a lingerie store | 一个女子被赶出了一家内衣商店 |
[34:03] | because while she was sitting next to a mannequin | 因为她坐在 |
[34:06] | that was wearing only a thong and a peek-a-boo bra, | 一个仅穿着丁字裤和凸点胸罩的 服装人偶身边的时候 |
[34:10] | the woman started to breastfeed her baby. | 这个女子开始为她的宝宝哺乳 |
[34:13] | Meanwhile, back in the capital, | 同时 再回到首都看看 |
[34:15] | attorney general John Ashcroft had mammoth drapes | 首席检察官 John Ashcroft 购买了流苏长布 |
[34:19] | purchased to obscure two statues in the great hall of the department of justice | 用以遮盖司法部大堂中的两座雕像 |
[34:24] | because the female statue, spirit of justice, | 因为那个女性雕像 公平女神 |
[34:28] | has one breast uncovered | 有一边的乳房露在外面 |
[34:30] | and the male statue, majesty of law, | 而男性雕像 律法之神 |
[34:33] | is bare-chested and wears a loincloth. | 赤裸胸膛 只缠一根腰带 |
[34:35] | – What is your point? – My point is, | – 你到底想说什么? – 我想说的是 |
[34:38] | this country has a profoundly paradoxical relationship with sex. | 我们这个国家对待性的看法极度矛盾 |
[34:43] | We damn infidelity, | 我们诅咒对配偶不忠 |
[34:45] | but our presidents have had extramarital affairs | 可是我们的总统们却在白宫内外 |
[34:48] | in and out of the white house. | 一再外遇 |
[34:49] | The mistress keeping and rendezvousing of FDR, | 罗斯福 |
[34:53] | I.b.j., Billy Bob Clinton | 约翰逊 克林顿 |
[34:54] | and grand champ j.f.k. Are legendary, | 以及伟大导师肯尼迪的风流艳史简直是数不胜数 |
[34:58] | and other than the politically motivated impeachment of Billy Bob, | 而除了政治上的需要我们对克林顿进行弹劾以外 |
[35:01] | we went with it. | 我们只是睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[35:02] | We didn’t say you’ve engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior | 我们也没说你们有了不合适的性行为 |
[35:05] | our culture finds inexcusable, so give up your children. | 这对于我们的文化来说不可饶恕 所以你得放弃你的孩子 |
[35:09] | And by the way, when it comes to our children, | 而且顺便说一句 一旦什么和我们的孩子扯上关系 |
[35:11] | we’ve entirely lost our heads. | 我们就完全头脑发热了 |
[35:14] | When parents were surveyed about | 当我们对家长们做民意调查 |
[35:17] | what they found most offensive in their kids’ video games, | 问他们孩子的电视游戏里什么最令人反感的时候 |
[35:21] | a man and a woman having sex came in first as most offensive, | 排在首位的是一男一女做爱 |
[35:25] | beating out graphically severed human head, which came in third. | 超过被砍下来的人头的影像 那个只排在第三位 |
[35:29] | And yet we have more and more women | 而同时却又越来越多的女子 |
[35:30] | proudly declaring to their friends over coffee, | 在和她们的朋友喝咖啡的时候 自豪的宣称 |
[35:33] | (milf: mom I like to fuck) “I’m a mild at my kid’s high school.” | “我孩子高中里的同学都想上我” |
[35:35] | m-i-l-f– M-I-l-f… mother I’d like to… | 那个妈妈 我想要… |
[35:38] | forgive me for speaking this way in court. | 原谅我在法庭上如此言辞 |
[35:40] | Evidently, we’ve decided, | 显然的 我们决定了 |
[35:41] | instead of our traditional desexing of mothers, | 抛弃我们一直所认为应当将妈妈们中性化的想法 |
[35:44] | we now need to sex them up a bit. | 我们现在需要更加突现她们的性感 |
[35:45] | Just talk about the fitness of this mother. | 只是说说和这个母亲相关的事情吧 |
[35:49] | Joanna is a wonderful mother. | Joanna是一个非常好的母亲 |
[35:52] | And part of her job is to help people | 她工作的一部分就是帮助别人 |
[35:55] | find some semblance of order in this paralyzing mess, | 在这个混乱的世界里找到一丝秩序的影子 |
[36:00] | to help people find some clarity. | 帮助人们找到些清澈的东西 |
[36:02] | In today’s world, we should all be assigned someone | 在今天这个世界 我们每个人都应该被指定一个人 |
[36:06] | to help us navigate the waters of sex and sexism, | 由他为我们在性及男性至上主义的泥潭里导航 |
[36:10] | because it’s so easy to get lost, | 因为我们实在太容易于此迷失方向了 |
[36:13] | so woefully, woefully lost. | 如此悲哀 悲哀地迷失 |
[36:17] | We need to bring sex out of the dark shadows | 我们需要让性走出黑暗的阴影 |
[36:20] | where it can get twisted and torqued and… | 在其中它它会被扭曲 折磨… |
[36:24] | we think nothing of using sex to sell products | 我们不假思索地利用性来推销产品 |
[36:27] | or movies, television shows, magazines, | 我们的电影 电视节目 杂志 |
[36:31] | but when someone is addressing sex in a real, true, honest way, | 而当某人以一种真实的 真正的 诚恳的 态度来面对性 |
[36:36] | that’s immoral? That’s inappropriate? | 那就变得不道德了? 那就是不合适了? |
[36:39] | That’s unfit? | 那就是不恰当了? |
[36:41] | All right, you win. | 好了 你胜诉了 |
[36:42] | I am maintaining dual custody. | 我判决维持对等抚养权 |
[36:45] | Well, if you don’t mind, I’d still like to finish what I have to say. | 唔 如果你不介意的话 我还是希望能把想要说的话说完 |
[36:48] | No. | 不行 |
[36:49] | Mr. Monroe, what she does is clearly unconventional, | Monroe先生 她所做的显然带来了不便 |
[36:53] | but there is no sign that it’s an unstable environment, | 可是并没有任何情况表明那是一个不稳定的环境 |
[36:56] | and there’s no evidence that your ex-wife is unfit. | 也没有任何你前妻不合适抚养子女的证据 |
[37:00] | Therefore, we are adjourned. | 因此 就此休庭 |
[37:04] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢你 法官大人 |
[37:05] | Yes. | 好的 |
[37:06] | Thank you, Alan. | 谢谢 Alan |
[37:20] | Will it go straight to the supreme court? | 这能直接上最高法院吗? |
[37:21] | Well, no. You’d have to lose at the appeals court. | 唔 不行 你得先在上诉法庭上败诉 |
[37:23] | Then you’d have to lose again with the s.j.c. | 你还得在麻省最高法院败诉 |
[37:25] | But not to worry. Jerry’s closing will get the job done. | 不过别担心 Jerry的结案陈词肯定能把他们都搞定 |
[37:28] | Mr. Foreman, you have reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团主席 你们有了一致的裁决吗? |
[37:32] | – We have, your honor. – What say you? | – 是的 法官大人 – 如何裁决? |
[37:34] | “In the matter” of the commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Denny Crane | “麻省公诉Denny Crane一案 |
[37:37] | “on the charge of carrying a concealed firearm without a permit, | “罪名为无证私藏枪械 |
[37:40] | we the jury find the defendant, Denny Crane, | 陪审团裁定被告Denny Crane |
[37:43] | not guilty.” | 无罪” |
[37:45] | We won? | 我们赢了? |
[37:45] | – What?! – Your honor, we appeal. | – 什么?! – 法官大人 我们上诉 |
[37:48] | You can’t appeal an acquittal. | 无罪开释后你不能上诉 |
[37:50] | You’re the defendant. | 你们是被告 |
[37:52] | This isn’t right. | 这错大了 |
[37:54] | What happened? | 出什么问题了? |
[37:55] | Sorry, Denny. | 对不起 Denny |
[37:56] | Guess you can’t lose ’em all. | 看起来你不能所有的都输呀 |
[37:59] | I can’t lose any. | 我还能输一场吗 (和上集对应..太贱了) |
[38:05] | You really had your hopes up. | 你真的抱着很大的希望呀 |
[38:08] | Well, it’s one thing to be an icon… | 唔 作为一个传奇是一回事… |
[38:13] | but to be a cause celebre… | 不过作为一个义士… |
[38:16] | a martyr even… | 一个英勇牺牲的烈士… |
[38:18] | the idea of famous Hollywood people wearing a button… | 一想到那些著名的好莱坞明星戴着徽章– |
[38:21] | “free Denny”… | 上面写着”释放 Denny”… |
[38:22] | I don’t think Hollywood types wear buttons for gun nuts. | 我不认为好莱坞的那些人 会为了枪支狂热者戴徽章 |
[38:25] | You actually think I’m a nut to carry a gun? | 你真的觉得我是个疯子 就因为带枪? |
[38:27] | To carry five all at once? | 一次带五把? |
[38:29] | Yes, Denny. That raises you to lunatic status. | 是的 Denny 这把你提升到了疯狂的行列了 |
[38:31] | Oh, and you would never own one. | 哦 而你 永远也不会去要一把枪? |
[38:33] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说过 |
[38:34] | You’re afraid to even hold one, you girl, you. | 你光拿着就害怕 你就是个小丫头 你 |
[38:36] | I have one, in a safe at home. | 我有一把 在家里的保险柜里 |
[38:40] | A.38. | 一把点38 |
[38:42] | – You have a.38? – Yes. | – 你有把点38? – 是的 |
[38:44] | I see nothing wrong with that. | 我觉得那没什么问题 |
[38:46] | I see a lot wrong with assault weapons | 我觉得那些半自动攻击武器问题就大了 |
[38:48] | and people walking around like you, with guns. | 对那些像你这样带着枪到处乱晃的人 也看不过去 |
[38:50] | Have you ever shot it? | 你开过那把枪吗? |
[38:51] | Just target practice. | 只是打靶练习 |
[38:53] | I can’t fathom a liberal like you owning a gun. | 我实在不能理解 像你这样的自由派居然也有枪 |
[38:58] | That’s one of the problems in this country. | 这就是这个国家的问题之一. |
[39:00] | We have two camps… those that like guns and those that don’t. | 我们分两派– 一派喜欢枪 一派不喜欢 |
[39:02] | Why can’t there be a middle? | 为什么不能有中间派呢? |
[39:03] | Why can’t we say okay to guns and okay to gun legislation? | 我们为什么不能同时对枪和枪支立法说Ok呢? |
[39:06] | Why does it make someone a pinko-liberal-girl | 为什么称一个人粉红自由小丫头 |
[39:09] | if he supports background checks and bans on assault weapons? | 就因为他支持半自动攻击武器的禁令 及对其购买人进行背景调查呢 |
[39:14] | That’s a sexist remark. You realize that? | 这个论点是性别歧视 你意识到没有? |
[39:16] | What? | 什么? |
[39:17] | “A pinko-liberal-girl.” | “粉红自由小丫头” |
[39:19] | Girls can like guns. | 女孩儿们也可以喜欢枪的 |
[39:22] | Never mind. | 不提了 |
[39:24] | Just let me drink. | 就让我喝酒吧 |
[39:26] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[39:31] | I am sexist. | 我确实性别歧视 |
[39:33] | When I see a woman, my first thoughts are sexual. | 当我看到一个女人 我第一个念头肯定和性有关 |
[39:37] | It’s not that I don’t respect her intelligence, | 也不是说我不尊重她的智力 |
[39:39] | it’s not that I wouldn’t want a woman to be president, | 也不是说我不希望一个女子成为总统 |
[39:42] | I’ll even admit to the possibility | 我甚至承认 |
[39:43] | that women are emotionally and intellectually superior to men, | 女子在情感与智力方面超越男性的可能性 |
[39:47] | but I cannot deny, there’s a part of me that… | 不过我不能否认 我心里的一部分… |
[39:53] | sees a woman as this big, human mitten, | 将女人视为一个大大的 完美设计的人形手套 |
[39:57] | perfectly designed to keep my cockles warm on a cold, winter’s night. | 专为我的下身在寒冷的冬夜保持温暖 |
[40:03] | Oh, Alan. It’s cultural. | 哦 Alan 这和文化有关 |
[40:06] | It’s biological. And… | 这和生理有关 而且… |
[40:09] | it’s fun. | 这也很让人快乐 |
[40:12] | There are many ways men go dead as they age. | 在男人长大的过程中 有很多种事情表示他们已经死了 |
[40:16] | One way, they start incorporating all the learned, | 有一种是 他们开始整合他们的所学 |
[40:20] | politically correct behavior and thoughts into who they are, | 政治上正确的行为以及想法 来定义他们本人 |
[40:23] | and in the process, deny what they are. | 而在此过程中 却否定了他们的本质 |
[40:26] | What are we? | 我们的本质是什么? |
[40:27] | Animals. | 动物 |
[40:28] | Today’s evolved men talk to each other about | 进化到今日的男人互相讨论 |
[40:32] | politics and kids and education. | 政治 孩子和教育 |
[40:34] | They talk about anything and everything, | 他们无所不谈 |
[40:38] | and yet are profoundly lonely. Why? | 可是还是无比孤单 为什么? |
[40:41] | ‘Cause they’re ashamed to share their most base instinct. | 因为他们耻于与别人谈论最原始的本能 |
[40:48] | You and I are not like that. | 我和你一样 |
[40:49] | When we’re 90, we’ll be sitting on a park bench, | 我们90岁的时候 会坐在公园的长凳上 |
[40:51] | a pretty girl will go by, | 一个漂亮姑娘会从我们身边经过 |
[40:52] | and we’ll say, “look at the rack on that one.” | 而我们会说 “看看那个的身条儿” |
[40:57] | You and I will never, ever be lonely. | 你和我永远 永远不会感到孤单 |
[41:02] | And if the girl has a boyfriend who comes to confiscate our walkers? | 而如果那个姑娘有个男朋友 他过来没收我们的助步器怎么办? |
[41:06] | I’ve got my gun. | 我带着枪呢 |
[41:07] | I feel better. | 我感觉好多了 |
[41:08] | You should. | 应该的 |
[41:11] | Alan… | |
[41:14] | 拥抱你内心的狼性 | |
[41:18] | you listen to Denny now. | 现在你得开始听Denny的话了 |
[41:21] | Yes. | 是 |