时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Previously o”boston legal”… | |
[00:02] | Aren’t women just the best? | 女人真是好 |
[00:04] | You’ve been through wives before, denny, five of them. | 你以前有过老婆 Denny 一共5个 |
[00:07] | – Bella? – Beverly Bridge – Beverly bridge. | – Bella? |
[00:08] | – Bethany – Clovis – Bethany. – Clovis. | |
[00:10] | She’s the one. She’s the one. | 她是命中注定的 她是命中注定的 |
[00:11] | After five or six wis, you still believe in the one? | 在娶过5个还是6个老婆之后 你仍然相信有命中注定这回事? |
[00:15] | Denny, you’re glowing. | Denny 你的脸红光焕发 |
[00:16] | She’s an amazing woman, alan. | 她是个了不起的女人 Alan |
[00:17] | Mad cow. Mad cow. Mad cow. | 疯牛病 疯牛病 疯牛病 |
[00:19] | Like I’m remember it. Mad cow. Mad cow. | 好像我记得一样 疯牛病 疯牛病 |
[00:21] | Love is an ugly busine, my friend, ugly business. | 爱情是桩丑陋的事情 伙计 丑陋的事情 |
[00:24] | Ugly business. | 丑陋的事情 |
[00:37] | – It’s 10:00. – Are we not on? | – 已经10点了 – 我们还没开始? |
[00:39] | It’s supposed to be tuesday at 10:00 every week. | 本来应该是每周二的10点 |
[00:42] | We’ve been moved. | 时间更改了 |
[00:43] | We’re wednesday at 10:00. | 改在周三10点 |
[00:45] | Nobody called me. | 没人通知我 |
[00:46] | They told howie in word processing. | 他们通知了文字处理部门的Howie |
[00:48] | They called howie in word processing? | 他们通知了文字处理部门的Howie? |
[00:49] | Are we wednesdays at 10:00 from now on? | 从现在起改到周三10点了? |
[00:51] | No, we’re off next week, then on for the following two wednesdays. | 不 我们下周停 然后接下来的两周都是 |
[00:54] | What about next year? | 那明年呢? |
[00:55] | Best to just keep checking in with howie. | 你最好还是时不时问问Howie吧 |
[00:58] | Excuse me. | 请问 |
[01:00] | Are you denny crane? | 你是Denny Crane吗? |
[01:02] | Denny crane. What can I do for you? | Denny Crane 有什么能效劳的吗? |
[01:04] | Let me rephrase. What can we do for each other? | 让我这样说 有什么我们能互惠的吗? |
[01:07] | M sunny fields ofnyfields farms. | 我是Sunny Fields 来自Sunnyfields农场 |
[01:10] | I’m in love. | 我都着迷了 |
[01:12] | – you’re cute. – That, too. | – 你真可爱 – 那当然 |
[01:14] | – You eat meat, mr. Crane? – My place or yours? | – 你吃肉吗 Crane先生? – 我家还是你家? |
[01:16] | I’m a cattle rancher. | 我是个牛牧场主 |
[01:18] | The F.D.A.Is about to sign off on cloned meat. | 食品药品管理局将要解禁克隆肉类 |
[01:20] | Once they do, the floodgates are gonna open. | 一旦他们签了文件 这闸门可就敞开了 |
[01:22] | I need a lawyer to stop that flood. | 我需要个律师来阻止这场洪水 |
[01:25] | Are you that lawyer, denny crane? | 你能胜任吗 Denny Crane? |
[01:27] | There’s never been a dam or a damsel I couldn’t plug. | 还没有哪个水坝 或者闺女我不能堵上的呢 |
[01:32] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[02:02] | Boston Legal Season04 Episode18 | 众神也疯狂 |
[02:06] | I’m confused. Are you cloning the meat? | 我搞不懂了 你在克隆肉吗? |
[02:09] | No, no, sweetheart. | 不 不 甜心 |
[02:10] | The biotech companies are cloning the meat. | 那些生物科技公司在克隆肉 |
[02:12] | I’m the one that’s trying to stop it. | 我是要阻止他们 |
[02:14] | I believe that procreation should happen the old-fashioned way. | 我认为繁殖还是应该按老办法来 |
[02:17] | When can we get started? | 那我们什么时候开始? |
[02:19] | How far are we away from cloned animals actually being a reality? | 我们离真的能克隆动物还有多远? |
[02:23] | Oh, hell, honey. They’re already here. | 哦 天啊 甜心 他们已经做到了 |
[02:26] | They have hundreds of pigs, | 他们有几百头猪 |
[02:27] | and some of their piglets have already made it into the food supply, by the way, | 而且一些小猪已经进入了食品行业 |
[02:31] | and now they’re trying to use beef. | 现在他们想克隆牛肉了 |
[02:33] | My question is, who put the mad cows in charge of the asylum? | 我的问题是 谁让这些疯牛来管理收容所的? |
[02:37] | Hey, hey, be nice. | 嘿 嘿 友善点 |
[02:38] | They have a moratorium on using cloned animals, which is about to be lifted. | 本来有暂停使用克隆技术的法规 但现在也要被解除了 |
[02:42] | That’s why I would like to move fast. | 这就是为何我想快点行动 |
[02:44] | Denny, you don’t need me on this. | Denny 这个案子你不需要我 |
[02:46] | Carl Carl Carl, carl. | |
[02:50] | Carl, uh, I need a heavy hitter. | Carl 恩 我需要一个重量级选手 |
[02:53] | I thought you were a heavy hitter. | 我以为你就是 |
[02:54] | I am, but I’d like to do my hitting on her. | 我是 但我想把精力放在她个人身上 |
[02:56] | I’m in love with her. | 我爱上她了 |
[02:57] | Look, carl, this is a great opportunity for you to be a consumer advocate here, | 听着 Carl 这是个做消费者权益维护人 的绝佳机会 |
[03:01] | which the country eds because nader is, uh, running for president again, | 而且国家需要你 因为纳德又要竞选总统了 |
[03:05] | and, uh, well, I’d ask alan, but he’s busy. | 恩 我问过了Alan 但他很忙 |
[03:10] | Please. | 求你了 |
[03:18] | I’m just gonna say this, uh, | 让我这样说吧 嗯 |
[03:19] | and let me preface it by admitting I know this is a crazy notion. | 首先我承认这是个疯狂的想法 |
[03:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:23] | I want to sue my nephew. | 我想起诉我的外甥 |
[03:25] | Okay, what’s he done? | 好 他做了什么? |
[03:26] | It’s not what he’s done so much as what he’s planning to do. | 不是他做了什么 而是他打算要做什么 |
[03:30] | And what does he plan to do? | 那他打算做什么呢? |
[03:32] | Vote for obama. | 投奥巴马的票 |
[03:34] | I could be wrong, but I believe he has that right | 也许我说错了 但我觉得他有权利这么做 |
[03:36] | unless there’s some fine print in the patriot act– | 除非爱国者法案中明文规定… |
[03:38] | alan, he is a delegate. | Alan 他是个立誓代表 |
[03:40] | He plans to vote for obama at the convention | 他要在大会上投Obama的票 |
[03:42] | even though his congressional distct voted for clinton, as did massachusetts. | 但他的选区投了克林顿 像马萨诸塞州做的那样 |
[03:46] | Well, can he do that? | 是么 他能这么做? |
[03:47] | Well, yes. That’s the dirty little secret no one’s talking about. | 对 这就是那种不可言传肮脏小秘密 |
[03:50] | Even the pledged delegates can ignore their constituencies. | 甚至立誓代表都可以不顾民意投票 |
[03:54] | Uh, it’s unethical in my opinion, and if the rules allow for that, | 对我来说这是缺乏职业道德的 如果规矩允许这么做 |
[03:57] | then the rules have to be challenged. | 那么这个规矩就需要改改了 |
[03:59] | And by “challenged” you mean the little-used act of anarchy known as suing the nephew. | 你”改改”的意思就是 控告外甥这样的小动作 |
[04:03] | Alan, this nomination could very well come down to a handful of delegates. | Alan 最终谁获提名 可能就取决于几个代表 |
[04:08] | Poached delegates, I might add. | 作弊的代表 我要强调的是 |
[04:10] | Every vote counts, including my nephew’S. | 每一票都很重要 包括我外甥的那票 |
[04:14] | Sue. | 告他 |
[04:27] | I’m rely quite shocked, aunt shirley. | 我真的很吃惊 Shirley阿姨 |
[04:29] | I’ve been taken completely unaware. | 搞得我十分被动 |
[04:31] | How can you sue me? | 你怎么能告我? |
[04:32] | – Mitchell…. – Mitchell- – mitchy. | – 叫我Mitchy |
[04:35] | Mitchy… M-mitchy… | |
[04:36] | you don’t think it’s wrong that your entireistrict voted for hillary– | 你不认为这样不对吗 你的整个选区都投了希拉里 |
[04:39] | 42% | 42%. |
[04:41] | It’s funny how a plurality can morph into an entirety. | 搞笑的是”大多数” 什么时候变成”整个”的意思了 |
[04:45] | Must be that clinton math. | 克林顿算法吧 |
[04:47] | I think your aunt’s point, uh, mitchy, | 我想你阿姨的意思是 嗯 Mitchy |
[04:50] | is that hillary won your district as well as the entire state of massachusetts. | 希拉里赢了你的选区和整个马萨诸塞州 |
[04:55] | You have a duty to represent your constituency at the convention, do you not? | 你是不是有义务在全国大会上 按民意投票呢? |
[04:59] | Well, I’m not duty bound, mr. Shore. | 我没有义务非那么做 Shore先生 |
[05:01] | Delegates are more like duty urged. | 立誓代表更像是应该这么做 |
[05:06] | mitchy, you’re 22 years old with less voting experience than– | Mitchy 你只有22岁 又没有太多投票经验… |
[05:14] | I’ll say this for her, she is a bulldog. | 我不得不承认 她确实有够倔强 |
[05:17] | Excuse me for a second. | 等我一下 |
[05:20] | probably calling to say she found her voice again. | 肯定是要告诉我她又会说话了 |
[05:26] | you have got to be able to stop him. | 你一定要制止他 |
[05:28] | I don’t see how. As he says, he’s within party rules. | 我不知道怎么办 像他说的 他没违反党纪党规 |
[05:32] | I-I can’t bear it. | 我… 我受不了这个 |
[05:33] | Well, there’s only two other options. | 现在只有两个选择 |
[05:35] | You could stuff him in a barrel and send him out to sea. | 你可以把他塞进桶里扔进大海 |
[05:39] | Or? | 或者? |
[05:40] | You could sue the democratic party. | 你可以起诉民主党 |
[05:49] | You can’t sue food or drugs. | 你不能起诉食品或者药品 |
[05:52] | How can anybody sue food or drugs? | 谁能起诉食品或者药品? |
[05:55] | We’re suing the food and drug administration, your honor– | 我们要起诉食品药品管理局 大人 |
[05:58] | the F.D.A. | 就是FDA |
[05:59] | What the hell is that? | 那个什么东西? |
[06:00] | That would be the agency in charge of your meds, judge. | 那是负责你药的机构 法官大人 |
[06:02] | And, in fact, I would suspect somebody very much like yourself or denny | 事实上我深信 一些像您自己或Denny的人 |
[06:06] | – is in charge of that department. – Objection. | – 在负责这个机构 – 反对 |
[06:08] | Mr. Sack, flattery has no place in this… | Sack先生 拍马屁没用 在这个… |
[06:13] | that would be a courtroom, your honor. | 在这个法庭 大人 |
[06:15] | Your honor, this should be in federal court. | 大人 这案子应该在联邦法庭审判 |
[06:16] | They are suing a federal agency.Jurisdiction– | 他们起诉的是联邦政府部门 司法权… |
[06:18] | oh, next he’s gonna play the sovereign immunity card. It’s a dodge. | 噢 接下来他该出主权豁免牌了 这是个陷阱 |
[06:21] | Stop with the jibber-jabber. | 别废话了 |
[06:23] | Jibber-jabber has no place in my courtroom. | 我的法庭上不允许废话 |
[06:26] | Do you understand, mr. Sack? | 你清楚了吗 Sack先生? |
[06:28] | Yes, your honor, jibber-jabber and flattery. | 是的 大人 废话和拍马屁 |
[06:29] | May I call a witness to lay out my case? | 我能传一个证人来阐述案子吗? |
[06:31] | Silence. I will decide how to proceed. I am the decider. | 安静 我来决定该干什么 我是裁定者 |
[06:37] | Call a witness. | 传证人出庭 |
[06:40] | Thank you, your honor. | 谢谢 大人 |
[06:41] | I call sunny fields. | 我要请Sunny Fields |
[06:47] | How we doin’ today, judge? | 你好啊 法官 |
[06:50] | Well, aren’t you adorable up close? | 哟 近看你真是惹人爱啊 |
[07:04] | The motion is filed. We’re in at 2:00. | 提出动议了 2点 |
[07:08] | We’re actually suing the D.N.C.? | 我们真要起诉民主党了? |
[07:10] | Yes. I also subpoenaed mitchy. We’ll need him as a witness. | 是的 我也传唤了Mitchy 我们需要他做证人 |
[07:14] | You realize the media will pounce on this. | 你意识到了媒体会穷追猛打吧 |
[07:18] | I’ve practiced law for 38 years, and never once have I done something stupid. | 我做律师38年 还从来没干过什么蠢事 |
[07:23] | Well, now you’re being hard on yourself. | 你对自己要求太严了 |
[07:25] | I’ve seen you be stupid many times. | 我看过你做的蠢事很多次了 |
[07:31] | I sit here in my… | 我坐在我的… |
[07:34] | tastefully decorated office and watch you go about tilting at windmills, | 格调高雅的办公室 看着你挑战世俗陈规 |
[07:40] | many times beating the windmill. | 很多时候是鞭笞世俗陈规 |
[07:44] | Well, it’s my turn. | 该我做点什么了 |
[07:47] | It’s my turn to stand up and… | 是时候我站出来… |
[07:50] | make a complete idiot of myself and do… | 做一个绝对的笨蛋 做… |
[07:54] | something that leaves this nation a slightly better place. | 一些能让这个国家变得 哪怕好一丁点儿的事 |
[08:01] | That, and a chance to paste your annoying phew. | 也是个教训一下你烦人的外甥的机会 |
[08:04] | yeah. I can’t pass that up. | 对 这可不能错过 |
[08:09] | It’s settled then. | 那就这么定了 |
[08:10] | Wee off to sue the democrats. | 我们要起诉民主党人了 |
[08:19] | I know the science, darling. | 我懂科学 亲爱的 |
[08:21] | I also know that most of the scientists | 我还知道大部分 |
[08:23] | who did the teing were hired by the cloning companies. | 做过克隆试验的科学家 都被那些克隆公司雇佣了 |
[08:26] | The science on this is in the bag. | 所以克隆成功是必然的了 |
[08:29] | A lot of people have no problem eating cloned meat. | 很多人对吃克隆的肉并无异议 |
[08:31] | Well, mo people aren’t even gonna know. That’s the worst part. | 可是 大部分人根本就不会知道 这才是最可怕的地方 |
[08:34] | The F.D.A.Doesn’t even require that the cloned stuff be labeled. | 食品药品管理局 甚至不要求标明是克隆食品 |
[08:38] | I don’t think I’d want to know. | 我可不想知道 |
[08:43] | Uh, have you any evidence that cloned meat is unsafe? | 你有什么证据显示克隆肉不安全吗? |
[08:46] | No. Well, it’s too early to tell either way, but if it’s not natural… | 没有 现在还太早去下结论 但如果它不是自然的… |
[08:51] | would you eat it? | 你会吃吗? |
[08:55] | All the F.D.A.Studies have concluded that it’s safe. | 所有食品药品管理局的研究 都显示克隆肉是安全的 |
[08:58] | honey, the F.D.A.Said that vioxx wasafe. | 甜心 食品药品管理局 当时说万络也是安全的 |
[09:01] | Isn’t the real issue here that you’re a cattle rancher, | 真正的问题不就是你是个牧场主 |
[09:03] | and you don’t want the competition? | 而你不想要竞争吗? |
[09:05] | No, I’m more concerned about animal abuse, darling. | 不 我更关心动物虐待问题 亲爱的 |
[09:07] | – Animal abuse? – Yes. | – 动物虐待? – 是的 |
[09:09] | The surrogate mothers are pumped up with high levels of hormones. | 代孕母牛被灌入高剂量的荷尔蒙 |
[09:12] | The clones are often born with compromised immune systems, | 克隆动物的免疫系统常常有缺陷 |
[09:16] | which require massive doses of antibiotics, which, by the way, | 而这就需要大量的抗生素药物 这样的话 顺便告诉你 |
[09:20] | opens up the door for the veterinary pharmaceuticals to enter into the human food supply. | 就为兽医用药进入食品链敞开了大门 |
[09:24] | There is no evidence that cloned meat poses any health risk. | 没有任何证据显示克隆肉危害健康 |
[09:27] | Darling, cloning increases e ri of foodborne illness. | 亲爱的 克隆肉增加了食品致病的风险 |
[09:31] | Even the national academy of sciences says so. | 甚至连国家科学院都这么说 |
[09:33] | Once you take nature out of the process, which cloning does, | 一旦你扰乱了自然规律– 克隆就是如此 |
[09:38] | it destroys the natural barriers against disease. | 就会毁掉对抗疾病的天然屏障 |
[09:41] | Now that poses a health problem for cows and people… | 接着便会引起牛和人的健康问题 |
[09:46] | like you and me. | 比如你和我 |
[10:05] | mr. Shore, wolfgang blitzkreig with the best political news team in television. | Shore先生 我是Wolfgang Blitzkreig 来自电视圈最好的政治新闻组 |
[10:08] | I have no comment yet. | 我无可奉告 |
[10:09] | Ms. Schmidt, wolfgang blitzkreig with the best political news team in television. | Schidt女士 我是Wolfgang Blitzkreig 来自电视圈最好的政治新闻组 |
[10:12] | Could I get you to talk just for a second with the best political news team in television? | 你能对电视圈最好的政治新闻组 说几句吗? |
[10:15] | Go away. | 走开 |
[10:17] | This has bee wolfgang blitzkreig with the best political news team in television. | 这里是Wolfgang Blitzkreig 来自电视圈最好的政治新闻组 |
[10:21] | You only got it here. | 仅此一家 |
[10:23] | This is… outrageous. | 这简直是… 无理取闹 |
[10:26] | We had a feeling you’d say that, judge. | 我们预感到你会这么说 法官大人 |
[10:27] | But we actually do have a case. | 但这个案子确实站的住脚 |
[10:29] | No, you do not. | 不 不行 |
[10:30] | The democratic party is a private organization. | 民主党是一个私人机构 |
[10:32] | We make what rules we want. | 规则我们想怎么定就怎么定 |
[10:35] | Not when it violates one man, one vote. | 前提是不能亵渎”一人一票” |
[10:37] | What is it you’re asking me to do? | 你到底想要什么? |
[10:39] | We’d like a court order, judge, | 我们想要一个法庭令 法官大人 |
[10:40] | that says that pledged delegates have to vote for the candidate they’re pledged to, | 裁决立誓代表必须按保证的那样投票 |
[10:43] | certainly on the first ballot. | 当然是在首轮投票 |
[10:45] | You want me to tell the democrats how to run their own party? | 你让我教民主党人怎么管理自己? |
[10:47] | Somebody’s got to. | 总得有人这么做 |
[10:49] | give me one good reason why I shouldn’t dismiss this right now. | 给我一个我不现在就驳回的理由 |
[10:53] | Okay.Uh, you’re a fair and open-minded jurist– | 好 嗯 你是个公平开放的法理学家 |
[10:58] | give me another reason. | 再说一个理由 |
[10:59] | Okay.As long as there are only two political parties, | 好吧 只要只有两个政党 |
[11:03] | the public only has two choices for president. | 公众就只有两个选择来选总统 |
[11:05] | One of them is being picked by delegates like mitchy weston, that toddler over there, | 一个是由像Mitchy Weston 这样的毛头小子代表选出来的 |
[11:10] | whose vote is worth 13,000 times the vote of you and me. | 而他的票比你的和我的要值钱13000倍 |
[11:14] | – You’re talking about a process that’s been in effect– – I know what process I’m talking about. | – 你现在谈论的投票方式实行了… – 我知道我在说什么投票方式 |
[11:18] | And it’s about time it be exposed for the fraud that it is. | 而是揭露这场骗局的时候了 |
[11:21] | – Fraud? – Yes, fraud. | – 骗局? – 是的 骗局 |
[11:23] | If the primaries really don’t count, then they are just a sham. | 如果党内初选不算数的话 那就是个摆设 |
[11:26] | They count, they’re just not binding, snidey-butt. | 当然算数了 只不过不受法律约束而已 狂妄小人 |
[11:32] | I want it on the record that i’ve just been called “snidey-butt” | 我想你记录下来我被叫做”狂妄小人” |
[11:35] | by a person whose vote is worth 13,000 times more than mine | 被一个选票比我的有用13000倍的人 |
[11:39] | and yours and your honor’S. | 比你的 还有你的大人 |
[11:41] | That’s enough. | 够 了 |
[11:43] | We’ll adjourn until 9:00 tomorrow morning. | 现在休庭 明早9点继续 |
[11:45] | I’ll conduct a full evidentiary hearing. | 我会开一个完整的听证会 |
[11:49] | okay, shirley, you’re up. | 好了 Shirley 提议通过了 |
[11:50] | Ms. Schmidt, wolfgang blitzkreig with the best political news team in television. | Schmidt女士 Wolfgang Blitzkreig 来自电视圈最好的政治新闻组 |
[11:53] | We really are the best, by the way. | 顺便 我们真是最好的 |
[11:55] | Can you tell me, has this case been politicized? | 你能告诉我这个案子被政治化了吗? |
[12:08] | Oh, you were brilliant. | 你太棒了 |
[12:11] | honey, I’m always brilliant. | 宝贝 我一直都这么棒 |
[12:16] | I don’t just jump into bed with any woman, you know? | 知道吗 我可不随便和女人上床 |
[12:19] | Actually, I do. | 其实 我很随便 |
[12:22] | But this time it’s different. | 但这次不同 |
[12:25] | I… | 我… |
[12:28] | I think we should be together. | 我想我们应该在一起 |
[12:31] | – You’re sweet. – No, I mean it. | – 你真好 – 不 我是认真的 |
[12:34] | I’m fallg in love with you. | 我爱上你了 |
[12:37] | Honey, I think you’re cute a button. | 宝贝 你非常性感 |
[12:40] | But I tend to treat men like horses– | 但我对男人像对马一样… |
[12:43] | I ride ’em hard and then I turn ’em out. | 骑完后就扔在一边 |
[12:45] | I’m okay with that. | 我不介意啊 |
[12:50] | truth is, my… | 事实是 我的… |
[12:53] | tawdry affairs tend to last longer than my committed relationships. But… | 那些艳遇总比我认真的关系 要维持的久 但… |
[12:59] | this is different. | 这次不同 |
[13:03] | I feel A… a real connectn. | 我有心有灵犀的感觉 |
[13:07] | Denny crane, I’m a cattle rancher. | Denny Crane 我是个牧场主 |
[13:10] | You think a big city slicker like yourself would be happy living on a farm? | 你觉得一个城市佬会乐意住在农场吗? |
[13:16] | I love horses. I love cows. I love sheep. | 我爱马 我爱牛 我爱羊 |
[13:22] | Especially sheep. | 特别是羊 |
[13:24] | I’m an all-or-nothing kind of girl. | 我从来不妥协 |
[13:26] | If you’re with me… | 如果我们在一起 |
[13:28] | you gotta be on a farm. | 你就得住在农场 |
[13:31] | I’m there. | 我去 |
[13:35] | You’re out of your mind. | 你秀逗了 |
[13:36] | Oh, this woman, alan… she’s the one. I know it. | 哦 这个女人 Alan 她是命中注定的 我知道 |
[13:41] | – In just one day? – In ten minutes. | – 才一天? – 就10分钟 |
[13:42] | oh, come on. | 哦 得了吧 |
[13:43] | It was like a movie. A glance here, a look there. | 就像电影一样 这瞄一下 那看一下 |
[13:48] | – has that ever happened to you? – No. | – 你有这样的经历吗? – 没 |
[13:50] | She’s a goddess, alan. | Alan 她是我的女神 |
[13:53] | You really are… smitten. | 你真… 被迷了 |
[13:58] | So is she. I-I-I could see it in her eyes. | 她也是 我可以从她眼中看出 |
[14:05] | Did you know that I’m as cute as a button? | 你知道吗? 我很性感 |
[14:07] | Denny… I s this with love and the spirit of friendship. | Denny带着爱和友情说 |
[14:14] | – The idea of you on a ranch… – what? | – 想想你在农场… – 什么? |
[14:20] | – well, you’re a little- – a little what? | – 你有点… – 有点什么? |
[14:23] | Roly-poly. In a good way. | 矮胖 胖的比较可爱 |
[14:26] | I’m a rugged man. | 我是一个强壮的男人 |
[14:27] | Yes, and cute as a button. | 是的 非常性感 |
[14:33] | Ah, dear. | 啊 亲爱的 |
[14:37] | Th the best political news team ever assembled…in the history– | 史上最强的政治新闻组… |
[14:56] | The rules may technically allow the pledged delegates to ignore the mandate of the popular vote, | 这些规则从技术上来讲 允许立誓代表们忽略普选的民意 |
[15:01] | but that’s certainly not what the democratic party advertises. | 民主党决不这么宣传 |
[15:04] | People go to the primary polls under the assumption– | 人民去参加党内初选 以为 |
[15:07] | an assumption cultivated by the D.N.C. | 由民主党全国委员会栽培出来的想法 |
[15:10] | That whatever candidate wins that primary, he or she will get the delegates. | 不管是哪个侯选人赢得了党内初选 就赢得了代表支持 |
[15:15] | Let’s put our cards on the table, ms. Schmidt. | Schmidt女士 让我们打开天窗说亮话 |
[15:17] | – You’re for hillary. – I am. | – 你支持希拉里 – 是的 |
[15:19] | And you want your nephew to vote for hillary. | 你希望你侄子投票给希拉里 |
[15:22] | I want the delegates, especially the pledged delegates, | 我希望代表们 尤其是立誓代表们 |
[15:25] | to give the primary some meaning. | 赋予党内初选一些意义 |
[15:28] | It should probably also be said, we’re in a time of war. | 值得一提 我们处于战争期间 |
[15:33] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[15:34] | Well, the country needs stability. | 这个国家需要稳定 |
[15:36] | It needs to count on its bedrocks, its established traditions. | 它需要指望它的根基 它所建立的传统 |
[15:40] | For 20 years now, we’ve only had 2 families in the white house. | 这二十年来 白宫里只有两个家族 |
[15:43] | Just the t–first a bush then a clinton, then, uh, clinton again, | 只有 先是布什 然后克林顿 然后 又是克林顿 |
[15:47] | then another bush, then that bush again. It’s time for another clinton. | 然后有一个布什 然后又是布什 现在又轮到克林顿 |
[15:50] | We simply cannot afford to experiment in such uncertain times. | 在如此变化无常的关头 我们不能在这儿实验 |
[15:58] | What the hell was that about? | 这到底什么回事? |
[16:00] | What? | 什么? |
[16:01] | You totally politicized this. You practically stumped for obama. | 你完全把这个政治化了 你简直是为奥巴马游说 |
[16:04] | I did no such thing. | 我没 |
[16:05] | I just happen to be a big fan of dynasties… | 我是个王朝的大粉丝 |
[16:08] | and monarchies. Oh, I love monarchies. | 还有君主制 哦 我喜欢君主制 |
[16:10] | This is not to be turned into your political forum, alan. | Alan 这里不会变成你的政治论坛 |
[16:13] | Look, shirley, m as a friend, one who can hold you on the bad days | 你瞧 Shirley 我作为一个朋友 一个能在你不好的时候支持你 |
[16:17] | – Alan… – and spoon you on the good ones? – Alan– | – 在你好的时候亲你 |
[16:19] | this is a good thing for you, what’s going on here. | 这件事情 对你来说是好件事 |
[16:22] | – How so? – Well, you want hillary, right? | – 怎么? – 那么 你想希拉里得胜 是吗? |
[16:24] | Consider hillary’s behind in the count. | 考虑到希拉里支持率落后 |
[16:26] | She can’t possibly be the nominee unless she poaches some of obama’s pledged delegates. | 除非她偷了某些奥巴马的立誓代表 要不然她不会得到提名 |
[16:30] | And if delegates are bound to the mandate of the voters, | 如果代表被选民的意愿所约束 |
[16:33] | that may be good for democracy, but it would be very bad for hillary. | 那将会对民主有利 但对希拉非常不利 |
[16:36] | So you need to just chill out, relax. | 所以你只需要冷静 放松 |
[16:38] | If anybody’s gonna hijack this thing, it’s gonna be the clintons, so just chill. | 如果有人想要趁火打劫 那肯定是克林顿家的 所以你冷静点 |
[16:43] | If you even think of using this case to plug obama– | 如果你想借机给奥巴马打广告 |
[16:45] | you’re using it to promote hillary. | 你是借这个来宣传希拉里 |
[16:47] | I am promoting the process. | 我是在宣传这个程序 |
[16:48] | A process that can only spit out clintons or bushes. | 一个只能吐出克林顿们或者布什们 的程序 |
[16:51] | Who have experience. | 他们有经验 |
[16:52] | – Oharen’t you sick of experience? – The only reason your guy is senator | – 哦 经验你就不觉得厌恶吗? – 那帮家伙能变成参议员 |
[16:54] | – is because the incumbent was caught in a sex scandal. – Oh, please. She was a first lady. | – 哦 拜托 她是第一夫人 – 是因为现任在一桩性丑闻里被抓包 |
[16:57] | – She didn’t–oh, now you’re gonna play the sex scandal card? – She was not just a first lady. | – 她不会现在你又准备打性丑闻这张牌? – 她不光只是个第一夫人 |
[17:00] | Doesn’t the script call for you just to keep repeating… she is a senator, a committed lawyer. | – 难道剧本不是要求你不停的重复 – 她是个参议员 一个坚定的律师 |
[17:02] | – “Reverend wright, reverend wright”? – She spent years– | – 赖特牧师 赖特牧师? – 她花了好几年… |
[17:03] | – except when she’s finding her own voice, which is crybaby. – Turns pretty phrases and say “yes, we can”… | – 除了会说话的时候 声音十分软弱 – 说些漂亮的话语 说”是的 我们能” |
[17:06] | – shirley, I’m telling you, if she gets the nomination… – and–and applaud for himself when he’s introduced? | – Shirley我告诉你 如果她得到提名 – 当介绍他的时候为自己鼓掌? |
[17:07] | – I’d sooner vote for the dead guy from arizona. – Not to mention, | – 我宁可投给那个亚利桑那州的死人 – 更别提 |
[17:09] | – he looks like a girl. – On top of that, she looks like a man. | – 他长得像个女孩 – 另外 她看起来像男的 |
[17:18] | Listen to us. | 瞧瞧我们 |
[17:20] | – We’ve nk to the level of- – presidential candidates. | – 我们降到了… – 总统候选人的水平 |
[17:24] | Hug | 拥抱? |
[17:26] | Don’t try anything. | 别想其他 |
[18:01] | you can ride, denny crane. | Denny Crane 你能骑马 |
[18:03] | Yes, I can. I’m an old farm boy. | 是的 我会 我是个老农 |
[18:05] | I can see that. | 我知道 |
[18:08] | can we stop? | 我们停一下? |
[18:10] | I’d like to checout the scenery. | 我想看看风景 |
[18:15] | that, and my balls hurt. | 我的蛋蛋疼了 |
[18:17] | – It’s beautiful, isn’t it? – Oh, yeah. | – 这很美 不是吗? – 哦 是的 |
[18:21] | If this cloning thing becomes a reality, I’m gonna be outta business. | 如果克隆成为现实 我就做不成这生意了 |
[18:26] | Let me ask you a question. | 问你个问题 |
[18:27] | You got, uh, what, a thousand head of cattle here? | 你在这有千把头牛? |
[18:30] | What’s your control, really? | 说真的 你怎么控制? |
[18:32] | I mean, how do you safeguard against, uh, the, uh, the mad cow or any other disease? | 我是说 你怎么做安全措施来 防止疯牛病或其他病? |
[18:38] | It’s not like you can vet every animal. | 你又不可能给每头牛看病 |
[18:41] | Well, if I had a mad cow, i wouldn’t need a vet to tell me. | 如果有牛得了疯牛病 我不需要兽医来告诉我 |
[18:44] | My daddy said that the other cows take care of that. | 我父亲说 其他牛会看着办 |
[18:47] | They shun the afflicted animal. | 他们会避开得病的动物 |
[18:49] | Well, ev so, uh, can’t you make beef more pure using high-tech methods, like cloning? | 就算是这样 你就不能用点高科技方法 像克隆 来让牛肉变得更纯? |
[18:55] | No, if I believed that, I wouldn’t be fighting this. | 不 如果我相信那个 我就不会为此而战了 |
[19:01] | I really wouldn’T. I mean it. | 我真不能 我当真的 |
[19:06] | What? | 什么? |
[19:07] | I’ve never mentally undressed a woman chaps before. | 我以前从来没有从精神上 解开女人的皮裤 |
[19:11] | come on over and meet the livestock, denny crane. | Denny Crane 过来看看家畜 |
[19:14] | And I don’t want you flirting with any of ’em. | 我不想你和它们调情 |
[19:16] | Hello, my darlings. This is your lawyer. | 哈罗 亲爱的 这是你们的律师 |
[19:20] | He’s a sweetie pie. | 他是块可口的派 |
[19:26] | Well, that wasn’t very good manners, was it? | 这可不怎么礼貌 是吗? |
[19:29] | It’s as if you had mad cow, denny crane. | Denny Crane 就好象你得了疯牛病 |
[19:38] | don’t be ridiculous. You can’t be diagnosed by a fellow cow. | 别开玩笑了 一群牛怎么能给你确诊呢? |
[19:42] | I can. They know. | 能 他们知道 |
[19:44] | – oh, come on. – And they told sunny. | – 哦 得了 – 他们告诉了Sunny |
[19:46] | To be shunned by your peers like that. | 我的同类唯恐逃之不及… |
[19:48] | Will you listen to yourself? | 听听你自己在说什么? |
[19:50] | Come on, alan. You’ve seen the studies where dogs can smell cancer. | 得了 Alan 你见过狗可以闻出癌症的研究 |
[19:54] | The–the animals, they–they– they–they sense things. | 那些动物 他们可以感知某些东西 |
[19:58] | The whole herd… | 整群牛… |
[20:01] | my condition was obvious to them. | 我的症状对他们来说很明显 |
[20:03] | am I that far gone? | 我病情这么严重了? |
[20:04] | Okay, look, you’ve known you have issues. It’s no big deal. | 好 瞧 你已经知道你有问题 这没什么大不了 |
[20:08] | It’s a big deal because I love sunny. | 这是个大问题 因为我爱Sunny |
[20:09] | And she’s not gonna let me be around her livestock if she knows I’ve got the, uh, the, uh– | 而且 她不会让我靠近她的牲畜 如果她知道我得了… |
[20:13] | – mad cow. | – 疯牛病 – 疯牛病 – Mad cow. |
[20:14] | – You’re tking like a crazy person. – That’s not gonna help. | – 你现在说话像个疯子 – 这没什么帮助 |
[20:19] | Denny, I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this sudden and profound love you have. | Denny 我很难理清你这突然又深远的爱 |
[20:24] | That’s because it’s never happened to you. | 因为你就没遇到过这事 |
[20:26] | It’s happened to me, I tell you. | 我遇到过 我告诉你 |
[20:28] | You just met her. | 你才刚遇见她 |
[20:30] | Alan, we need to go. | Alan 我们要走了 |
[20:33] | denny, we’ll talk later, okay? | Denny我们迟点再谈 好吗? |
[20:42] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[20:43] | His client’s cows are on to him. | 他委托人的牛找他岔 |
[20:49] | You realize, mr. Weston, that your congressional district | Weston先生 你知道 你所在的选区 |
[20:52] | and the state of massachusetts voted for hillary clinton? | 和马萨诸塞州支持希拉里-克林顿 |
[20:54] | I do realize that, yes. | 是的 我知道 |
[20:55] | Your own constituency thinks that what you’re doing is wrong. | 你本区的选民觉得你的行为是错的 |
[20:59] | Well, to quote the vice president | 引用副总统的话 |
[21:00] | when told the american people don’t want to see more soldiers die, “so?” | 当有人告诉他 美国人们不想再看到 更多士兵阵亡 “那又如何?” |
[21:05] | He really said that. I kid you not. | 他真的这样说了 我不骗你 |
[21:07] | Mitchy, as a result of the massachusetts primary results, | Mitchy 根据马萨诸塞州党内初选结果 |
[21:11] | you became a pledged delegate to hillary clinton. | 你成为希拉里克林顿一名立誓代表 |
[21:15] | Yes, but according to the D.N.C.Rules, I’m not bound by that. | 是的 但是根据民主党全国委员会规则 我不受那个的限制 |
[21:18] | No, I am not. | 是的 我不受限制 |
[21:22] | Who does that remind you of?I did not have sex– | 这让你想到谁? 我没做爱… |
[21:25] | Mitchy w– | mitchy, |
[21:26] | look, I am entitled to vote my conscience. | 我有权凭我良心投票 |
[21:28] | That’s what I’m choosing to do. | 而我会这么做的 |
[21:29] | Your conscience won’t allow you to vote for mrs. Clinton? | 你的良心不允许你投给克林顿夫人? |
[21:32] | Look, I happen to think that she is a brilliant woman, and brave, too. | 瞧 我觉得她是一个聪明 又勇敢的女性 |
[21:37] | She took all that sniper fire for us, she and sinbad. | 她冒着狙击手的子弹去波黑 她和单口相声演员辛巴德 |
[21:41] | Why do you feel compelled to vote for ob | 你为什么觉得不的不投票给奥巴马? |
[21:49] | we need a new america. Hillary clinton is old america. | 我们需要一个新美国 希拉里-克林顿代表的是旧美国 |
[21:54] | I think the time has come for us to bridge the gaps on the senate floor. | 我想是该联合参议院的时候了 |
[21:58] | Yes, we can. | 是的 我们可以 |
[22:00] | We’re not just democrats and republicans. | 我们不光是民主党人和共和党人 |
[22:02] | We’re americans. Yes, we can. | 我们是美国人 是的我们能 |
[22:05] | It’s time for all people to come together– black, white, yellow, red. | 是时候全民一起– 黑人 白人 黄种人 棕色人 |
[22:09] | Yes, we can. Yes, we can. Yes, we can. | 是的 我们能 是的 我们能 是的 我们能 |
[22:12] | Oh, all right. | 哦 好了 |
[22:15] | You sound like the little engine that could. | 你听起来像台小引擎 |
[22:17] | How great that you have an opinion. | 你能有个观点 这样很不错 |
[22:20] | Do you think it’s fair, though, | 可是 你觉得这样公平吗? |
[22:21] | for you to exalt your politics over the will of your district? | 将你的政见凌驾于你选区的意愿之上? |
[22:24] | I have a dream where people of all creeds and– | 我有个梦想 有各种信条的人民 |
[22:27] | yes, what if all the delegates had a dream that it should be kucinich in july? | 是的 如果所有的代表都有一个梦想 7月份的时候该选库辛尼奇呢? |
[22:31] | That would be okay, then, within the rules? | 那样也行 在规则之内? |
[22:37] | Let me ask, how did you even get to be a delegate? | 我想问 你是什么成代表的? |
[22:40] | I did a lot of volunteer work. | 我做了很多义工 |
[22:43] | I was rewarded for my efforts and made a national committeeman. | 作为对我的奖励 我成为了一名全国委员 |
[22:45] | Anhow old are you? | 你多大? |
[22:46] | I’m 22. | 我22 |
[22:48] | Mitchy, have you ever actually spoken to hillary clinton? | Mitchy 你和希拉里-克林顿讲过话吗? |
[22:51] | Yes, she and barack both dropped by. | 是的 她和巴拉克都顺便拜访 |
[22:52] | – Dropped by your house? – Yes. | – 拜访你家? – 是的 |
[22:55] | Isn’t democracy swell? | 这不就是民主主义的膨胀? |
[22:56] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[22:57] | Do you think it’s possible that your conscience has been corrupted by– | 你觉得你的良心被可能被腐化吗? |
[23:00] | no, I do not! | 不 我不觉得! |
[23:02] | You listen to me. | 你听我说 |
[23:03] | I am proud member of the democratic party. | 作为民主党一员 我很自豪 |
[23:06] | I take my cues from the chairman of the democratic national committee. | 我以民主党国民委员会主席为榜样 |
[23:10] | And he says that I can vote my conscience. | 他说我可以凭良心投票 |
[23:12] | I will follow his lead, not yours. | 我会追随他的领导 不是你的 |
[23:14] | – That of the chairman of the democratic national committee? – Yes. | – 那个民主党国民委员会的主席? – 是的 |
[23:18] | And that would be, uh, this guy? | 就那家伙? |
[23:21] | And we’re going to south dakota and oregon and washington and michigan, | 我们会向南达科塔州 俄勒冈州 华盛顿州和密歇根州进军 |
[23:26] | and then we’re going to washington D.C.To take back the white house! | 然后我们会进军华盛顿特区 夺回白宫! |
[23:37] | he is a beacon. | 他是盏明灯 |
[23:47] | ******I’ve tracked theafety of cloned meat and milk. | 在过去6年间 我一直在跟踪克隆的肉奶制品的安全性 |
[23:51] | And it’s not only safe, but very likely more safe then products from naturally bred livestock. | 它不仅安全 而且比自然繁殖的牲畜制品更安全 |
[23:55] | It is also of much higher quality. | 品质也更高 |
[23:57] | How so? | 怎么讲? |
[23:58] | Well, some cows are simply better than others. | 有些牛比其他要好些 |
[24:01] | We clone the top breeders, the prize winners, | 我们克隆顶级种畜 得奖品种 |
[24:03] | in fact, which gives us a consistently higher grade. | 事实上 这样让我们的品质更上一台阶 |
[24:07] | What’s the problem with labeling it then? | 那为什么不标注是克隆产品呢? |
[24:09] | – Honestly? – That’d be nice. | – 老实讲? – 那样更好 |
[24:12] | The yuck factor. | 人们讨厌它 |
[24:14] | People hate the idea of cloning. | 人们不喜欢克隆这个想法 |
[24:17] | If we were to label cloned food products, | 如果我们对克隆食物制品进行标注 |
[24:18] | we’d never be given a fair chance by the american public. | 美国公众就不会给我们一个公平的机会 |
[24:21] | So better to deny the people a choice, like you did with vioxx? | 所以最好是不给人民选择 就像你对万络的那样 |
[24:24] | Oh, god. I’m sick of everybody throwing vioxx in our faces. | 哦 神 我已经受够了 人们把万络摔到我们脸上 |
[24:27] | Well, yes. | 是的 |
[24:27] | It’s just those vocal few opposed to heart attacks and strokes. | 它只是因为引发心脏病和中风 而遭到少数反对 |
[24:31] | How about bextra? | 那西乐葆呢? |
[24:32] | Oh, bextra got bias, I admit, but– | 哦 西乐葆是有误差 我承认 但… |
[24:34] | zelnorm, baycol, palladone, tysabri, neutrospec, cylert, permax– | 泽马可 拜斯亭 派拉酮 那他珠单抗 99m锝核素造影剂 匹莫林 培高利特 |
[24:38] | all those drugs were approved by the F.D.A. | 这些都是食品药品管理局批准的药品 |
[24:40] | Only to be withdrawn after they caused serious, sometimes fatal side effects. | 在它们导致严重的 甚至致命的副作用后被撤消 |
[24:44] | Which particular failure would you prefer having thrown in your face? | 你更愿意人们用哪一项失败摔你? |
[24:46] | Special orders don’t upset me. | 特别订制不会让我心烦 |
[24:48] | He’s good. | 他很棒 |
[24:50] | May I say something? | 我可以发言吗? |
[24:51] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[24:53] | Left-wing liberals love to dump on the F.D.A. | 左翼自由派喜欢把责任 扣在食品药品管理局头上 |
[24:57] | It seems to be the new sport. | 似乎是项新消遣 |
[24:58] | But the public knows damn well, | 但是公众非常清楚的知道 |
[25:00] | we are a thoroughly competent organization that serves americans– | 我们是一个非常称职的机构 为美国人民服务… |
[25:06] | this would be a different public than the one polled by “the wall street journal,” | 想必是群与众不同的公众 跟华尔街日报的的民调果相比 |
[25:09] | which found that 70% of american adults are skeptical of the F.D.A.’S ability to protect– | 70%的美国公民怀疑 食品药品管理局保护… |
[25:13] | we’re to trust polls now? | 我们现在改信民意测验了? |
[25:15] | Y-you prefer testimonials– | 你更相信证词 |
[25:16] | I would call your attention to a “60 minutes” interview with dr. David graham, | 请你注意 “60分”节目中采访David Graham博士 |
[25:20] | a senior scientist at the F.D.A. | 在食品药品管理局里一名资深科学家 |
[25:21] | Who blamed the F.D.A.For allowing dangerous drugs to stay on the market. | 他谴责食品药监局允许 一些危险的药品存流于市场中 |
[25:25] | This case is about cloning. | 这状官司是关于克隆的 |
[25:27] | Which has been deemed safe by a horrendously and famously inept governmental administration | 由一个可怕而有众所周知不称职的 政府管理机构认定安全 |
[25:32] | which shamelessly bends to the will of the pharmaceutical companies. | 还恬不知耻得屈从制药公司的意愿 |
[25:35] | Move to strike. | 请求撤消 |
[25:36] | If there is nothing to hide here, why not label? | 如果这没有什么好隐瞒 为什么不标注? |
[25:39] | – Move to strike. – Silence. | – 请求撤消 – 肃静 |
[25:41] | I can’t keep up. | 我跟不上了 |
[25:53] | The democratic party is a private organization. | 民主党是一个私营机构 |
[25:55] | We can adopt whateverunny rules we want. | 我们可以采用我们想要的规则 |
[25:58] | Nobody is required to be a member of any party. | 没人被要求必须属于哪个党派 |
[26:01] | Mr. Duprey, don’t feed me that. | Duprey先生 我不吃那套 |
[26:03] | There are only two real parties in our country. | 我们国家有两个真正的党派 |
[26:06] | They’ve picked our presidents for a hundred years. | 他们选择我们的总统已经有一百多年 |
[26:08] | And it’s worked well for a hundred years. | 在这一百年中这个也运转得很好 |
[26:10] | Really? Even lately? | 真的吗? 即使是最近? |
[26:11] | Oh, sit down, you. | 哦 你坐下 |
[26:14] | These rules are designed to provide a checks and balances, if you will. | 这些规则是为了相互制横 |
[26:18] | What if the public, in some protest of sorts, voted for a comedian? | 如果公众 为了表示抗议 选出一个喜剧演员? |
[26:22] | You remember that pat paulsen ran in 1968. | 你记得1968年Pat Paulsen竞选吗? |
[26:24] | What if roseanne barr or george carlin or carrot top captured the popular vote? | 如果是Roseanne Barr或George Carlin 或Carrot Top赢得民心? |
[26:29] | – Could be an improvement, certainly over– – down! | – 可以算个进步 当然比… – 坐下! |
[26:33] | The delegates and superdelegates, as a matter of conscience, | 代表们和超级代表们 凭良心说 |
[26:37] | have to be allowed to say, “whoa!” | 必须要有权力说 停! |
[26:40] | Oh, so you admit it’s not really a democracy then? | 那你也承认这不是真正的民主啦? |
[26:43] | Classically speaking, no. | 经典的说法 不 |
[26:44] | I mean, suppose we were in the same situation as the republicans, for example, | 我是说 假设我们处于共和党人 那样的境况 举个例子 |
[26:47] | and suppose john mccain, before the convention, | 在大会前 假设约翰-麦凯恩 |
[26:50] | succumbed to old age or senility. | 屈服于老龄或高龄 |
[26:52] | You mean he hasn’t? | 你说他还没? |
[26:55] | should we stick in mike huckabee because he would be the leader in delegates? | 我们是不是要忍受麦克-哈克比 因为他的代表数最多? |
[26:59] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗? |
[27:01] | The rules that we have in place are to effect a choice from the people to be affirmed | 我们实行的规则 要求代表和超级代表 |
[27:06] | or not by the delegates and superdelegates, and it is not automatic. | 确认或否认人民的选择 不能自动生效 |
[27:11] | Well, then what’s the point of the primaries really? | 那党内初选还有什么意义? |
[27:13] | Is it just a guide? | 只是个导向不成? |
[27:14] | If–if the delegates are free to ignore the popular vote, | 如果州党代表可以无视普选结果 |
[27:17] | then does that not violate one man, one vote? | 那不违背了”一人一票”的宗旨? |
[27:20] | Well, it’s never truly been one man, one vote in this country. | 这个国家从未真正履行过 “一人一票”的宗旨 |
[27:24] | Let’s face it. | 我们面对现实吧 |
[27:25] | Look, I grew up in california, my wife in wyoming. | 我在加州长大 而我太太老家是怀俄明 |
[27:28] | Now in my home state, there are about 15 million registered voters. | 现在 在我老家的那个州 有一千五百万的注册选民 |
[27:33] | In my wife’s, maybe 250,000. | 而在我太太老家的那个州 大概也就有个二十五万 |
[27:35] | Both states have two senators, which means my wife had about 60 times more voting power | 这两州各有一名参议员 也就是说 每次参议院选举中 |
[27:41] | than I did in any senatorial election. | 我太太的选票权威都超出我的60倍 |
[27:44] | Is that fair? I think so. Perfect? Of course not. | 那公平嘛? — 我觉得算公平 但尽善尽美吗? 当然不是啦 |
[27:48] | Democracy isn’t, nor is the democratic nomination process. | 民主政体不够尽善尽美 民主提名的程序也并非尽善尽美 |
[27:52] | Nobody here is denying that. | 在座的诸位无人否认这一点 |
[27:54] | But let’s remember, if it wasn’t for delegate independence– | 但让我们谨记 若非州党代表的独立自主性 |
[27:58] | it’s possibility of backroom deal making– | 就有可能存在暗箱操作– |
[28:01] | the nominee for president in 1932 for the democratic party would’ve been newton baker. | 1932年的民主党总统候选就会是 纽顿-贝克 |
[28:07] | Instead, we got franklin delano roosevelt. | 然而我们却选举出了 弗兰克林-迪兰诺-罗斯福 |
[28:15] | My mother’s, uh, friend vivian, uh, once told me, | 我母亲的朋友– Vivian曾经跟我说过 |
[28:19] | “there are only two kinds of people in this world, | “世界上只有两种人 Alan |
[28:20] | alan, them that drink coke and them that drink pepsi.” | 喝可口可乐的人和喝百事可乐的人” |
[28:23] | Vivian got that notion, of course, from coke and pepsi. | Vivian的这一看法当然是来自于 可口可乐和百事可乐的影响 |
[28:25] | There may have been other colas, but coke and pepsi were the giants– | 当然还有其他可乐 但独这两家称首 |
[28:29] | billion-dollar behemoths, who, in their own advertising, | 身家上十亿的巨头在自己的广告里 |
[28:32] | would each refer to the other guy as the only alternative– | 将另一巨头描绘为唯一的另选项 |
[28:34] | just so long as people keep on gulping down one or the other. | 只要人们继续狂饮这两家中的 一家可乐就可以 |
[28:38] | Makes you kind of wonder if they’re in cahoots. | 这让你不禁怀疑他们是不是串通好的? |
[28:40] | Mr. Shore, a-as much as I enjoy listening to you go on and on and on, | Shore先生 尽管我也很乐意听你继续 长篇大论下去 |
[28:46] | could you get to your case? | 但你可否谈回本案? |
[28:48] | When it comes to presidential elections, | 当涉及到总统选举上 |
[28:50] | we again have only two billion-dollar giants in control. | 我们同样面对着两家身家上十亿的 巨人对峙的局面 |
[28:54] | The american people might get to vote for commander in chief, | 美国民众或许可以投票选举国家决策人 |
[28:56] | but they only get two choices, your honor, | 但他们只有两个选择 法官大人 |
[28:58] | choices selected by two very private organizations, | 由两方颇为私人化的团体选出来的选择 |
[29:01] | who are both are in bed with big oil, big tobacco, | 而与他们为伍的就是石油巨头 烟草巨头 |
[29:04] | big pharmaceuticals, big banking– every big you can think of– | 药品业巨头 银行业巨头– 以及其他你能想到的商业巨头 |
[29:08] | and as a result, we only get the candidates that big business | 而到最后 我们只有商业巨头们 |
[29:11] | and the two parts decide to favor us with. | 和两方党要选出来的候选人 |
[29:13] | So where’s the democracy? | 民主哪儿去了? |
[29:15] | The sad fact is, it seems that democracy has lost its way, | 令人心痛的是 看起来民主制度已经迷失了方向 |
[29:19] | and as long as we remain a two-party system, | 我们只要继续两党政体 |
[29:21] | we’ll forever be denied a taste of that delicious R.C.Cola | 我们就永远品尝不到皇冠可乐的美味 |
[29:25] | because coke and pepsi have cornered the market. | 因为可口可乐和百事可乐垄断了市场… |
[29:27] | No more soda pop. | 别再借汽水发挥! |
[29:30] | Yes, let’s let the democratic national committee make whatever rules it fancies, | 成啊 且让民主党全国委员会 随自己意愿撰写规章 |
[29:34] | never mind that delegates like mitchy can ignore election results. | 也不理会像Mitchy这样的州党代表 无视普选结果 |
[29:37] | Who cares that states like florida and michigan are discounted? | 像佛州和密歇根州这样的 州党代表选票不计 谁在乎啊? |
[29:41] | Big deal that in iowa, the democrats don’t get to cast secret ballots, | 爱荷华州的民主党人不能匿名投票 有什么大不了? |
[29:45] | or that in nevada, the caucuses were on a saturday, | 在内华达州 选举会是在星期六进行 |
[29:48] | which meant observant jews couldn’t vote. | 明摆着的 守教规的犹太人就没法投票 又有何妨? |
[29:50] | Hey, it’s kind of fun– | 嘿 挺有意思 |
[29:51] | this year, the democratic nominee might be decided by super-duper delegates– | 而今年 民主党候选人可能还要 由这些超级又超级的州党代表 |
[29:56] | political insiders who don’t have to listen to the voters at all, | 由这些不顾及选民意愿的政员们选出来 |
[29:58] | insiders who, according to D.N.C.Rules, | 这些政员们– 按民主党全国委员会的规章来看 |
[30:01] | are allowed to and do accept money from the candidates, insiders who, | 被允许且接收候选人所给予的钱财 这些政员们… |
[30:04] | in fact, have accepted over a million dollars from the clinton and obama campaigns. | 实际上已从克林顿和奥巴马的竞选活动中 获利了超过百万美元 |
[30:09] | Do we have to sit here and listen to this wonkish analysis– | 我们非得要坐在这里听他 大唱这站不稳脚的分析? |
[30:13] | there are dire consequences here, mr. Duprey. | 那都是可怕的后果 Duprey先生 |
[30:15] | Presidents get to start wars, and kids, the innocent kind, | 总统们挥袖开战 而那些孩子 那些无辜的人 |
[30:18] | die in them–lots of kids. There are consequences, | 却丧生于战场– 无以计数的孩子们 这就是惨痛的后果 |
[30:21] | and as long as presidents get to start wars and pick supreme court justices, | 只要总统们能够挑起战争 点名挑选最高法院的大法官 |
[30:25] | as long as they represent the american people to the world– | 只要他们代表着美国民众 出现在世界面前 |
[30:28] | a world which increasingly loathes us because of our presidents– | 一个因为我们的总统而对我们 愈发厌恶的世界 |
[30:31] | we the people should get to weigh in. | 话事的人更应该是我们 |
[30:33] | Look at the choices this grand two-party system has produced this year– | 来瞧瞧这庄严的两党制度 在今年都搞出什么风波? |
[30:36] | a grumpy old man who wants to stay at war for a hundred years versus whomever the democrats pick, | 一个在战场上耗上百年也不厌的乖戾老头 跟民主党随心意选出来的谁谁谁竞争 |
[30:40] | a choice which may very well come down to mitchy. | 这一决定可能靠的就是Mitchy这一票 |
[30:43] | Snidey-butt. | 狂妄小人! |
[30:47] | I’m going to sit my snidey-butt down now after one final thought. | 待我阐明最后一项看法 我这个”狂妄小人”再坐下 成不? |
[30:52] | Maybe it’s time for us to take a little break from iraq | 或许是时候让我们从伊拉克歇歇阵脚 |
[30:54] | anstart spreading a little more democracy at home. | 回老家来播撒多些民主的真谛 |
[31:08] | So what happens now? | 我们现在该怎么办? |
[31:10] | Well, we… have a drink, maybe a little sex. | 我们… 喝点酒 或许再做个爱 |
[31:16] | although, it’s only been a day, and I’m still in refractory mode. | 尽管才过了一天 而我还未被你”驾驭” |
[31:19] | No, I mean about the case. | 什么呀 我指得是案子 |
[31:20] | Oh, uh, well, uh… | 哦 那个呀… |
[31:22] | sack will give his summation tomorrow. | Sack明天会做陈案结辞 |
[31:24] | It’ll be boring, full of legal stuff I never listen to. | 肯定挺闷 满篇我从不听入耳的法律大论 |
[31:27] | The judge will rule, and then we’ll, uh… | 法官会做出裁定 然后我们… |
[31:31] | marry. | 就结婚 |
[31:40] | you’re even a good kisser. | 你甚至还是个接吻好手 |
[31:45] | Sunny… | Sunny… |
[31:47] | you’ve been regarding my flirtations as, uh… | 你一直将我的调情当作是… |
[31:52] | foreplay. It’s more than that. | 前戏 但并非如此而已 |
[31:56] | When a man loves a woman, when god didn’t pick little green apples… | 当男人爱上女人 当上帝不摘小青苹果时… |
[32:03] | whatever. | 不管怎样… |
[32:09] | Oh, denny. | 哦 Denny |
[32:12] | Sunny… | Sunny… |
[32:23] | well, you get the idea. | 反正就是那么个意思吧 |
[32:25] | Sunny… | sunny… |
[32:32] | sunny fields, will you marry me? | Sunny Fields 你能嫁给我吗? |
[32:34] | Oh, denny. | 哦 Denny |
[32:35] | We haven’t even been out on a real date. | 我们连次像样的约会都没有过 |
[32:38] | Oh, we got plenty of time for that. | 哦 我们有大把时间去约会 |
[32:42] | – Denny… – I love you. | – 我爱你 – Denny… |
[32:47] | I’d go to the ends of the earth for you. | 为你我不惜走到天涯海角… |
[32:51] | Well, you sure make it hard to say no to, I can tell you that. | 我能跟你说的倒是 你还真弄得让人无法回绝 |
[32:56] | can I think about it overnight? | 能否让我考虑一晚? |
[33:01] | You can. | 当然了 |
[33:03] | And I’ll see you tomorrow? | 我们明天再见? |
[33:05] | I promise. | 一言为定 |
[33:11] | Good night… denny crane. | 再见了 Denny Crane |
[33:40] | I agree with mr. Shore. | 我同意Shore先生的说法 |
[33:42] | Whatever one wants to call this nomination process, | 不管别人想称这个提名候选人的程序为何 |
[33:45] | it’s anything but democratic. | 就是称不上民主 |
[33:48] | Two political parties pulling the strings… | 两方政治党派在幕后操作 |
[33:51] | it’s like going to a fast-food restaurant | 就好像去快餐店 |
[33:53] | and being told you can eat whatever you want. | 告诉你想吃什么都行 |
[33:56] | The menu is fixed. | 但菜单却早已定好 |
[33:59] | That having been said, being a private organization, | 话虽如此 作为一方私人机构 |
[34:02] | the D.N.C.Is free to set its own rules. | 民主党全国委员会可以制定 自己的规章制度 |
[34:05] | The only real recourse the people have, I suppose, is to vote republican. | 人们唯一的法子也就是 投共和党一票了 |
[34:11] | And everyone wonders how we ended up with the likes of george bush? | 为什么我们会选出乔治-布什那样的总统 也就不言而喻了 |
[34:16] | Motion denied. | 动议被驳回! |
[34:19] | everybody loses. | 所有人都输 |
[34:23] | Oh, well. | 哦 那么… |
[34:25] | The one time I get out of my tastefully decorated office to tilt at windmills, and I lose. | 破天荒走出格调高雅的办公室 挑战世俗陈规 偏偏就输了 |
[34:31] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[34:36] | First of all, I reject the idea that cloning meat is abusive to cows. | 首先 我反对”克隆肉实为虐待牛” 这一说法 |
[34:42] | Why? | 何以? |
[34:43] | It’s meat. The animal’s already dead. | 那是肉啊 动物已经死了 |
[34:45] | No, your honor, it’s the cow being cloned to make the meat. | 不 法官大人 应该是牛被克隆出来 然后再取肉 |
[34:49] | Did I skip over that? | 我没说过这一点不成? |
[34:50] | – Dead meat is dead meat. – But… | – 死肉就是死肉 – 但是… |
[34:53] | judgment in favor of the plaintiff. | 原告获胜 |
[34:56] | Oh, there you go. | 哦 就这么着了 |
[34:57] | What? Judge, we had the same concerns over artificial insemination | 什么? 法官大人 对于人工授精 我们也过同样的担忧 |
[35:01] | and all the perceived horrors, and nothing bad happened. | 预料了那么多可怕的后果 可到头来也没发生什么不好的事啊? |
[35:03] | – Judgment for the defendant. – what? | – 被告获胜 – 什么? |
[35:06] | No. No, no, no. Technology has not improved the food supply. | 不 不 不 不 科技并未改善食物供应 |
[35:10] | Plaintiff’s motion granted. | 原告的动议被批准 |
[35:12] | – wait. You said the defendant’S. – Sustained. | – 等等 你不是说被告… – 有效 |
[35:15] | This guy’s worse than me. | 这人比我都糊涂 |
[35:16] | I am the decider. | 我是裁定者 |
[35:21] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[35:24] | – Who won? – I have no idea. | – 谁赢了? – 完全不知 |
[35:30] | – So you have no idea if you won or lost? – No. | – 闹半天你都不知道谁赢谁输? – 嗯 没弄明白 |
[35:35] | I still got the girl, though. | 但我却得到了佳人 |
[35:37] | When do I get to meet her? | 我什么时候能见见她 |
[35:40] | Well, she’s due any second. Alan… | 马上就到 Alan… |
[35:44] | I popped the question. | 我跟她求婚了 |
[35:46] | You did what? | 你什么了? |
[35:47] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[35:49] | You asked her to marry you? | 你跟她求婚啦? |
[35:51] | Life is short. | 人生短暂啊 |
[35:52] | No, denny, life can be very long, | 不 Denny 人生也可漫长 |
[35:56] | especially when you’re bound by law to the wrong woman.You can’t– | 特别是在法律将你跟不适合你的女人 束缚在一起时 你不能… |
[35:59] | she’s the right woman. | 她就是我的命中人 |
[36:01] | – You just met her. – I have a feeling. | – 你刚刚认识她 – 我对她有感情 |
[36:03] | Yes, the same one you ha about bev and five other right women | 是啊 你对Bev还有其他5个”命中人” 都有着同样的感情 |
[36:07] | who turned out to be total disasters. | 结果不还是以灾难告终? |
[36:10] | Knock-knock. | 咚-咚 |
[36:11] | Can’T. Still in refractory. | 不行 我还在驯化中 |
[36:15] | you must be sunny? | 你一定就是Sunny了 |
[36:16] | Oh, my sunny. | 哦 我的Sunny |
[36:18] | This is alan shore. He was just leaving. | 这位是Alan Shore 正要走呢 |
[36:21] | – Howdy, alan. – Howdy. | – 你好啊 Alan – 你也好啊 |
[36:24] | Well, we’ll– wel talk later. | 我们等会儿谈 |
[36:25] | – I really think we should talk- – no, no, no, later. | – 我认为我们该现在谈谈… – 不 不 不 等会儿再谈 |
[36:33] | Have we figured out whether we won our case yet? | 捉摸出来我们是输是赢了没? |
[36:35] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[36:38] | So… did I win the girl? | 我说… 我赢得美人归了没? |
[36:41] | denny, were you serious when you said you’d go to the ends of the earth for me? | Denny 你说你愿为我走到天涯海角 是真心的吗? |
[36:46] | I was. | 是的 |
[36:47] | – How about montana? – What? | – 那么去蒙大拿如何? – 什么? |
[36:51] | I’m moving to montana in a month. | 我一个月后就要搬去蒙大拿 |
[36:53] | I would’ve told you sooner, but things we going so fast between us. | 我本该告诉你的 但你我进展的太快了 |
[36:56] | Montana? | 蒙大拿? |
[36:57] | I bought a farm there– 6,000 acres of land. | 我在那儿买了个六千英亩的农场 |
[37:00] | I’m gonna move my ranch there and really make a go of it. | 我要把整个牧场都搬过去 好好的发展一下 |
[37:03] | – Montana? – So the question becomes… | – 蒙大拿? – 所以问题也就落在… |
[37:06] | Denny Crane? are you really that much of a cowboy, denny crane? | 你下决心做牛仔做到底了吗? |
[37:11] | What? | 怎么了? |
[37:15] | Well, uh… my–my life is here. | 可是… 我的生活在这里 |
[37:19] | Well, one day you will have to go to pasture. | 早晚你都要退休 |
[37:22] | Maybe now’s the time. | 也许现在就是时候了 |
[37:25] | Ride into the sunset with me, denny crane. | 跟我跳上马背 奔向夕阳 Denny Crane |
[37:31] | See, if–it’s– it’s, um… | 其实… |
[37:35] | it’s not the job. It’s someone else. | 问题不在工作上… 而是因为另外一个人 |
[37:44] | Someone else? | 另外一个人? |
[37:45] | Uh, my best friend. You– that was him you just met. | 我的好朋友 就是你刚见到那位 |
[37:50] | Are you serious? | 你说真的? |
[37:53] | See, um… | 你看… |
[37:55] | we meet every night for, uh, cigars and a scotch. | 我们每晚都相约一起抽雪茄 喝威士忌 |
[38:00] | It’s a standing… | 向来都是如此… |
[38:03] | w-why don’t you stay here? | 你为何不留在这里? |
[38:05] | I just bought a business. | 我帮帮买了一盘生意 |
[38:09] | I have to go. | 我必须得去 |
[38:13] | If you’d rather stay and drink scotch and smoke cigars, well, maybe that tells us something. | 如果你更愿意留在这里 喝威士忌 抽雪茄… 或许这就意味着什么 |
[38:19] | Th-this has no bearing on my love for you. | 这跟我对你的爱没关系 |
[38:25] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[38:26] | your love for him. | 你对他的爱 |
[38:31] | I can’t go to montana. | 我不能去蒙大拿 |
[38:49] | Just like that, it’s over? | 就这么吹了? |
[38:54] | she turned me down. What can I do? | 她拒绝了我 我还能怎么办? |
[38:59] | I’m sorry, denny. | 真遗憾 Denny |
[39:00] | No, you’re not. You’re relieved. | 不 你才不呢 你松了口气 |
[39:03] | Well, that, too, but… | 当然 那也是 但… |
[39:05] | if you truly loved her, then I am sorry. | 但如果你真爱她 那么我深表遗憾 |
[39:10] | Denny… | denny… |
[39:11] | there’s no need to be sorry, alan. | 没什么好遗憾的 Alan |
[39:13] | Love, even when it’s fleeting, even if it’s for a day or two, it’s A… | 爱情 即便转瞬即逝 即便只一两天的光景 但… |
[39:21] | it’s everything. | 那也是一切 |
[39:26] | Don’t you agree? | 你不同意吗? |
[39:31] | I do. | 同意 |
[39:33] | I actually think it’s why I’m still single. | 我倒认为这就是我依旧单身的原因 |
[39:38] | Every morning, I get to wake up and wonder, will this be the day? | 每天早上 我都会醒来 然后思量着 “会不会就是今天” |
[39:41] | Every night, I put my head on my pillow and I wonder, will I meet her tomorrow? | 每晚 我头枕枕头 同样思量着 “明天我会不会遇见我的她” |
[39:47] | I imagine what she’ll look like– | 我幻想着她的样子… |
[39:49] | her smile, the way she does her hair, how she laughs… | 她的笑容 他的发式 笑起来的样子… |
[39:55] | the contour of her breasts, neck. | 乳房的轮廓 脖颈… |
[40:01] | The promise of love can… be everythg. | 对爱情的许诺… 可以是你所说的一切 |
[40:07] | It’s a magic you rarely find in marriage, so maybe you lucked out. | 是一种你在婚姻中鲜少找到的魔力 所以你说不定侥幸避过一劫 |
[40:10] | You don’t believe married people can ay in love? | 你认为婚后的人们不会继续相爱? |
[40:17] | I believe they can know even more profound joys, be it with children or… | 我相信随着孩子的诞生 和关系本身的加深 |
[40:23] | the depth of the relationship itself. | 他们能品尝到更浓厚的幸福 |
[40:25] | It can evolve into something they can’t possibly live without. | 如果他们的关系能发展成一种 他们不可或缺的东西… |
[40:29] | And yet… it’s something that doesn’t quite… | 然后… 那种东西却… |
[40:34] | so resemble love, at least not the romance of love. | 不太似爱 至少不像爱情的浪漫 |
[40:41] | I never knew you to be such a romantic. | 从没料到你还是这么个浪漫者 |
[40:44] | my problem is I’m too romantic. | 我的问题就是我太过浪漫了 |
[40:47] | No woman can possibly measure up to the promise of tomorrow that love holds for me. | 没有一个女人能配得上我为 憧憬中的爱情所作出的对明天的承诺 |
[40:54] | What about me? | 我能不? |
[40:56] | well, it’s not the same. | 两码事 |
[41:00] | You know one thing I do love about you? | 你知道我爱你哪一点不? |
[41:03] | Tell me. | 说说看 |
[41:05] | While many people embrace the promise of tomorrow, | 当众人都在追求对明天的承诺 |
[41:09] | too few celebrate the…joy of now. | 只有极少的人享受… 当下的快乐 |
[41:16] | And nobody… | 而且没有人… |
[41:18] | does that like denny crane. | 能好像Denny Crane那样珍惜眼前 |
[41:22] | Well, let me tell you something, | 我跟你说吧 |
[41:25] | when you’ve got polar ice caps melting and breaking off into big chunks, | 当两极冰壳融化 断成巨大冰块 |
[41:29] | and you got osama still hiding in a cave planning his next attack, | 奥萨马-本-拉登还猫在山洞里 策划下一次恐怖袭击 |
[41:33] | and when you got other rogue nations with nuclear arsenals, | 还有其他了流氓的国家内藏核武器库 |
[41:36] | not to mention me whack job, homegrown, | 更别提某些土生土长的鬼迷心窍者 |
[41:40] | who can cancel you at any second, | 随时都有可能要了你的小命 |
[41:43] | anwhen you got… | 而且当你… |
[41:47] | mad cow… | 面对疯牛问题时… |
[41:50] | now gets high priority. | “现在”就变得至关重要 |
[41:53] | And when you’re sitting on the balcony on a clear night… | 而当你在皓空晓月下坐在阳台上 |
[42:00] | sipping scotch with your best friend… | 跟你的老友品着威士忌 |
[42:06] | now… is everything. | 现在这一刻… 就是一切 |
[42:13] | Here’s to now. | 敬现在 |
[42:17] | Here’s to now. | 敬现在 |