时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Leigh. She’s leaving me for an iPhone. | 她为了部iPhone而离开我 |
[00:07] | Leigh is… well, I believe the American term, a total nut job. | Leigh是… 呃 用你们的话说就是… 脑残了 |
[00:11] | Would you like to give us a try again? | 你愿意再和我约会吗? |
[00:13] | – I don’t know what to say. – How about yes? | 我不知该如何回答 不如就说”好”吧? |
[00:16] | I’m surprised at you, Shirley. | Shirley 你太让我惊讶了 |
[00:17] | Your fairness compass is always spot-on. It’s fritzing out here. | 你一直都很客观公正 这次却例外 |
[00:19] | We’re now having a fight. | 我们这是在吵架? |
[00:21] | Which you’re losing, and that bothers you. | 并且你快输了 这让你很不爽 |
[00:23] | I don’t know. Maybe Shirley and I aren’t right for each other. | Denny 或许Shirley和我并不合适 |
[00:26] | – Shirley. – Ah, Carl, still alive. Well… | Shirley 噢 Carl 还没死呢 |
[00:28] | That’s mature. | 呃… 真成熟 |
[00:41] | – Leigh, hello. – Hello. | Leigh 你好 你好 |
[00:42] | I’m afraid Jerry’s not here at the moment. | Jerry不在 |
[00:46] | Actually, I came to see you, hello. | 其实我是来找你的 你好 |
[00:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[00:50] | Jerry and I have endeavored to get back together. | Jerry和我想要重归于好 |
[00:52] | Yes, I heard. That’s wonderful. | 是的 我听说了 这很好 |
[00:54] | Is it? Well, that would seem at odds with some of your reflections | 是吗? 我们分开的那段时间 |
[00:58] | which you shared with Jerry during our brief estrangement period. | 你可不是这么说的 |
[01:02] | I’m sorry? | 什么? |
[01:06] | Jerry shared with me that you encouraged him to forget me. | Jerry全和我说了… 你怂恿他把我忘掉 |
[01:10] | You said he could do much better than me, given that I’m a weirdo. | 你说他离开我反而更好 因为我是个怪胎 |
[01:15] | Well, that wasn’t exactly the expression I used. | 呃… 那不是我的原话 |
[01:19] | No. You said nut-job. | 没错 你的原话是”脑残” |
[01:22] | I… Jerry was in pain. I was simply trying to make him feel better. | 我… Jerry当时很痛苦 我只是想要让他好受点 |
[01:27] | Is that something to tense to lift a person’s spirits calling others nut-jobs? | 你就是靠骂别人脑残 来让他好受点吗? |
[01:32] | I apologize, I just… | 我很抱歉 我… |
[01:33] | I don’t want you sharing an office with him any longer. | 我不想看到你们 继续在一个办公室里办公 |
[01:35] | – I beg your pardon? – Moreover, I don’t want you talking to him. | 什么? 而且 我希望你别再和他讲话了 |
[01:38] | With all due respect, Leigh, I don’t think you have the right to ask that. | 恕我冒昧 Leigh 恐怕你没权利这么要求 |
[01:43] | Oh, let me demand it then. | 那就当做我的请求吧 |
[01:45] | If you talk to Jerry, I may have violent urges. | 如果你再和Jerry说话 或许我会做出些过激举动 |
[01:48] | I assure you, you don’t want that. | 我保证你会后悔的 |
[01:51] | Stay away from my man, Katie. | 别再缠着我的男人了 Katie |
[01:55] | That’s my last warning. | 这是我最后的警告 |
[02:05] | – Shirl. – Andrea. How are you? | Shirl Andrea 你好吗? |
[02:08] | You know me, causing trouble. | 你还不了解我嘛 到处惹事 |
[02:10] | What now? | 这次什么事? |
[02:11] | Well, I’m suing my town. | 我要起诉我们镇 |
[02:13] | – Asbestos? – I did that. | 石棉? 起诉过了 |
[02:15] | – Power lines? – Keep going. | – 电线? – 继续 |
[02:16] | Hazardous waste. | – 有毒垃圾? – 好吧 |
[02:18] | Alright, here’s a clue. Am I glowing? | 给你点提示… 看我是不是容光焕发? |
[02:19] | That’s right. A wonderful little town of Belmont Falls wants to build a nuclear power plant. | 没错 我们的镇子Belmont Falls 打算建造一座核电站 |
[02:24] | I want to enjoin them. | 我要阻止他们 |
[02:25] | Andrea, do you have to take up every cause? | Andrea 你有必要什么都管吗? |
[02:28] | It makes me feel sexy, horny, too. | 这使我觉得自己很性感 |
[02:29] | Hello. | – 也很性奋 – 嗨 |
[02:33] | Is he any good? | 他怎么样? |
[02:35] | Not bad, actually. But a sprinter. | 还不错 就是坚持不了多久 |
[02:38] | – How much notice do you need? – Ready now. | – 你还等什么? – 随时待命 |
[02:40] | – What do you got? – Mad cow. | – 你行么? – 老当益壮 |
[02:41] | Condoms? | 套子? |
[02:44] | Denny Crane… Denny Crane, to serve and protect. | 为您服务 安全周到 |
[03:22] | You’re smoking. Why didn’t you call me? | 你在抽烟 怎么不叫我? |
[03:25] | Alan, I just had sex with a stranger. | Alan 我刚和一个陌生女人做爱了 |
[03:27] | Didn’t even get her name. | 连名字都没问 |
[03:29] | She was phenomenal, and I didn’t have to pay for it. | 太爽了 而且还是免费的 |
[03:31] | – When did this happen? – 10 minutes ago, right here. | 什么时候的事? 10分钟前 就在这 |
[03:34] | You had sex 10 minutes ago? | 你10分钟前做爱了? |
[03:35] | – Alan Finished 9 minutes ago. Alan. I was incredible. | 9分钟前结束的 – 我太强了 |
[03:38] | – Denny just had sex. – Glad to hear it. | Denny刚才做爱了 |
[03:40] | I could use you on a pretty important case for free. | 知道了 你没事的话来帮我下 |
[03:43] | Actually… / Thank you, we’re meeting in the conference room ASAP. | – 其实我… 马上到会议室来 – 谢谢 |
[03:45] | Still aroused if you want in. | 还很”坚挺” 如果你有兴趣的话 |
[03:48] | Rain check. | 下次吧 |
[03:50] | I love it when I don’t know their names. | 和陌生人做的感觉真好 |
[03:55] | The biggest thing going for you is their start-up costs. | 问题的关键就是启动资金 |
[03:58] | Nuclear power plants typically take up to 4 billion just to get off the ground. | 一般来说 要建一座核电站 40亿美圆才刚够破土动工 |
[04:02] | Public opposition and red tape could sometimes double that. | 要是算上公众反对以及繁文缛节 有时能翻倍 |
[04:05] | Well, you can assume that we’re already spending millions just to get in this firm.??? | 但你可以假设他们现阶段 已经花了几百万美圆了 |
[04:09] | Wow, now I really am glowing. Andrea Michele, the client. | 这下我真是容光焕发了 我是Andrea Michele 委托人 |
[04:12] | I’m told that it’s all about keeping the customer happy here. You are… | 别人告诉我 在这客户就是上帝 你是? |
[04:15] | This would be Alan Shore. | 这是Alan Shore |
[04:16] | Give me one week, and I’ll get rid of that baby fat. | 给我一周 就能让你的小肚子消失 |
[04:19] | I’m rather fond of my baby fat. | 我倒挺喜欢小肚子的 |
[04:21] | Great, then you’ll love mine. | 很好 那你一定会喜欢我的 |
[04:23] | Ah, Andrea, can we just get serious about this case for a minute? | Andrea 能认真点吗? |
[04:27] | I’m very serious. Where should we go to discuss it? | 噢 我可认真了 我们该去哪里谈? |
[04:29] | How about my desk? | 我的办公室如何? |
[04:30] | Well, well, a little windmill tilting. How fun. Don’t get up. | 多么精彩的镜头 多有趣 别起来了 |
[04:34] | Looks painful. Shirley, you still look fantastic. | 你脸色不好 Shirley 你还是那么迷人 |
[04:37] | Cream and sugar for me. Jack Ross. | 牛奶加糖 我是Jack Ross |
[04:39] | Don’t speak, you’d ruin it for me. You would be the client. | 别打断 让我继续 |
[04:41] | – Jack Jack! / You remembered. And here I thought it was just physical. | – 你就是委托人 你还记得我? 我还以为纯粹是生理需要 |
[04:45] | You heard me say cream and sugar, right? | 你听到我说”牛奶加糖”了 是吗? |
[04:47] | This is for you Shirley, because I care. | Shirley 这个给你 因为我在乎 |
[04:50] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[04:51] | Well, I would call it a righteous complaint suing Ms. Michele for defamation and libel. | 我管这叫合理的投诉 起诉Michele女士诽谤及侵犯名誉 |
[04:54] | You might characterize it as a SLAPP suit designed to send a message | 你也能把这看成一道”开胃菜” |
[04:57] | to other potential plaintiffs it’ll cost them. | “大餐”还在后面 |
[05:00] | Okay, tea then. | 好了 来杯茶吧 |
[05:02] | Does the old guy talk? | 老家伙有话说吗? |
[05:05] | You used to be taller. | 你怎么变矮了 |
[05:08] | Uh, everybody out, now, please. | 呃 大家出去 |
[05:10] | Except you, Jack, you stay. | 马上 谢谢 Jack 你留下 |
[05:14] | Go. | 走 |
[05:17] | – He’s cute. – Tell a friend. | 他真可爱 别忘了告诉你朋友 |
[05:27] | Still trying to impress me after all these years? | 都这么多年了 还不忘在我面前表现自己? |
[05:29] | I am. Did I? | 是的 我做到了吗? |
[05:32] | Maybe a little. | 有点吧 |
[05:33] | I meant that part about you still looking fantastic. | 我是真的觉得你依然迷人 |
[05:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:37] | – Can we talk about this case? – Fine. | 来谈下案子吧? 行 |
[05:41] | I’m about saving the planet. What are you up to? | 我这算是在拯救地球 你呢? |
[05:44] | With nuclear energy? | 就靠核能源? |
[05:45] | We’re not gonna get it done driving your hybrid. You do drive one I hope? | 总不可能靠开混合动力车吧? 你开的是混合动力车吧? |
[05:49] | – How have you been? – I’ve been good. | 过得好吗? 很好 |
[05:52] | – How many kids? – Six, all of them great. | 几个孩子? 6个 全都很优秀 |
[05:55] | Kim’s doing well. | Kim也很好 |
[05:56] | – She, still teaching? – She is, what about you? | 她还在教书吗? 是的 你怎么样? |
[06:00] | – How are all the spouses? – Funny. | 你的老公们都还好吧? 有趣 |
[06:03] | I’m between husbands at the moment. | 我暂时单身 |
[06:05] | Well, if I were single. | 如果我单身的话… |
[06:10] | I have to say, I’m very happy to see you still tilting at windmills, Shirley. | Shirley 我不得不承认 见到你风采依旧真好 |
[06:19] | See you in court, Jack. | 法庭上见 Jack |
[06:21] | It’s a date. | 一定 |
[06:41] | – Morning. – Morning, Jerry. | 早安 早安 Jerry |
[06:44] | – It’s quite a tie. – Leigh picked it. | 领结不错 Leigh挑的 |
[06:48] | She likes bowties. | 她喜欢蝴蝶结 |
[06:50] | – Leigh paid me a little visit this morning. – She did? | Leigh早上来找过我了 是吗? |
[06:52] | Other than demanding I not speak to you, and her threatening me with violence, | 除了要我别和你说话 以及武力威胁之外 |
[06:55] | it was quite a pleasant encounter, actually. | 这次见面还是挺愉快的 |
[06:58] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[06:59] | She’s quite crossed that I called her a nut-job. | 她对我骂她”脑残”很不满 |
[07:01] | What possibly possessed you to tell her I said that, Jerry? | 你怎么会告诉她这个 Jerry? |
[07:05] | Well… | 呃… |
[07:05] | Here I am, trying to mitigate some of your pain, and you repeat my words. | 我是想要减轻点你的痛苦 而你却把我的话传给她听 |
[07:10] | It was a betrayal, Jerry. | 你这是在出卖我 Jerry |
[07:13] | I’m sorry. I don’t know why I shared that. | 我真抱歉 我也不知道为什么告诉她 |
[07:17] | I was not trying to alienate you from her, I promise. | 我不是想要挑拨你们 我发誓 |
[07:20] | How dare she enter my office, demand I stop communicating with you, | 她竟然敢冲进我的办公室 要求我别和你说话 |
[07:23] | threatening me physically. She’s not a well person. | 还用武力来威胁… 她的人品真有问题 |
[07:30] | I’ll speak to her. | 我会找她谈的 |
[07:36] | So, Jack Ross. | 这么说… 他就是Jack Ross |
[07:41] | Small world, I guess. | 世界真小 是吧 |
[07:44] | No, Shirley it’s a big world, actually. | 不 Shirley 其实这个世界挺大的 |
[07:47] | The fact that you seemed to have had sex with everybody in it. | 问题是你好象和世界上的 每个人都有”关系”… |
[07:50] | That isn’t nice. | 这么说有点过分 |
[07:54] | So, what’s the story with him? | 那么… 你们之间有什么故事? |
[07:59] | We went out in law school. | 我们在读书的时候约会过 |
[08:02] | That’s about it. | 仅此而已 |
[08:10] | A nuclear bomb? In Belmont Falls. | 核炸弹? 在Belmont Falls? |
[08:13] | A nuclear power plant, judge. Small difference, if you’re into details, | 是核电站 法官阁下 |
[08:15] | one destroys the planet, the other saves it. | 具体来说就一个区别… 一个毁灭地球 一个拯救地球 |
[08:19] | Too much minutiae? I can take criticism. | 太具体了吗? 是的话就告诉我 |
[08:23] | One for yes, two for no. | 敲一下代表是 两下代表否 |
[08:26] | – I think you lost him. – That’s enough. | 我觉得他喜欢我 够了 |
[08:29] | Mr. Shore, start your case, and make it quick. | Shore先生 请开始 简短点 |
[08:33] | I’ll make it very quick. | 保证简短 |
[08:33] | A nuclear power plant jeopardises health and safety of everyone in Belmont Falls. | 核电站将危及Belmont Falls 每个居民的健康与安全… |
[08:37] | Actually it doesn’t, but don’t let the fact stop you. | 事实上不会 不过别让事实影响你 |
[08:40] | Let me call a witness, judge, I can tell you everything you need to know. | 请求召唤证人 法官大人 我能给你一切你想知道的 |
[08:43] | – One o’clock. – Wait! It’s my motion. | 下午1点 等下! 我是原告 |
[08:46] | One o’clock. We’re adjourned. | 下午1点 退庭 |
[08:50] | Look, nothing personal. | 不是针对你个人的 |
[08:52] | Client wants me to put on a show. I promise, underneath all the bloodstream, | 当事人逼我这么干的 |
[08:53] | I’m a complete ass. | 可不是唬人的 我很厉害的 |
[08:58] | Well, it’s 10:30 now, we don’t have to be back until 01:00. | 现在十点半 到下午1点还有很久 |
[09:01] | What do we do in the meantime? | 当中这段时间干什么呢? |
[09:03] | And I mean the entire “meantime”. | 你说干什么 |
[09:11] | Did you actually say those things? | 你真这么说了? |
[09:15] | I did. | 说了 |
[09:17] | I have no excuse. Jerry, I’m deeply ashamed. | 没有借口 Jerry 我感到很羞耻 |
[09:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[09:23] | I feel hugely threatened by her. I get this vibe. | 我觉得自己受到她的严重威胁 我有种感觉 |
[09:27] | What vibe? | 什么感觉? |
[09:28] | That you like her, that if she were available, you’d prefer her, would you? | 感觉你喜欢她 如果她点头 你会选择她 是吗? |
[09:36] | No. | 不是 |
[09:37] | Katie is a friend and a colleague, nothing more. | Katie只是我朋友 同事 仅此而已 |
[09:42] | I’ll apologize, I’m so sorry. | 我道歉 真对不起 |
[09:54] | Nuclear power plant is a blast from the past. | 核电站 历史上发生过爆炸的 |
[09:59] | – You’re glowing. – Funny. | 你神采奕奕 – 有趣 – 说真的 |
[10:03] | No, really. Glowing. | 神采奕奕 |
[10:06] | You’ve had sex. | 你做爱了 |
[10:08] | I have actually. | 是的 |
[10:11] | Tell me. | 说说看 |
[10:13] | Her name is Andrea. She’s… | 她叫Andrea 她是… |
[10:20] | This woman is completely untamed. | 这女人够野性 |
[10:24] | She brought out ??? in me I so miss. I felt liberated. | 我在她面前极为堕落 好棒 没有任何拘束 |
[10:29] | I get to be everything I and others so loathe about myself. | 玩得绝对够恶 |
[10:36] | First I had stranger sex, now you’re with, uh, Andrea? | 先是我和陌生人上床 现在你又和Andrea |
[10:41] | Oh, it’s like sharing. | 咱也算是分享经验了 |
[10:42] | It’s almost as if we had sex together in a way. | 就像一起做爱一样 |
[10:48] | Almost. | 接近吧 |
[10:49] | Alan, I wanna ask you something. I’ve never done this before, eh… | Alan 问你个问题 我没试过 |
[10:51] | you probably have done but, I haven’t. | 你可能试过 但我没有 |
[10:54] | I don’t like where this is going. | 听起来不妙 |
[10:56] | Alan, I’ve always wanted to do a little swingy. | Alan 我一直想玩换偶 |
[11:01] | And it sounds like our girls would go for it. | 估计女人们会喜欢的 |
[11:07] | I’m afraid seeing you naked could make me… | 恐怕看见你裸体我会… |
[11:10] | Huh, that can be in the dark. | 那就把灯关掉 |
[11:12] | – Even so. – What?! Different rooms? | 还是不行 那就分两个房间 来吧 Alan |
[11:17] | Come on, Alan, once. Before we go, let’s swing. | 就一次 玩一次换偶 |
[11:29] | Katie. Jerry told me about your conversation and I feel just awful. | Katie Jerry跟我说了 我觉得糟透了 |
[11:34] | – As well you should, I must say. – Yes. | 理应如此 对 |
[11:36] | Had I known that you were such a wimpy little cry-baby, | 要是早知道你如此懦弱无用 |
[11:38] | I never would have bothered with you, I promise. | 我就不回来烦你了 |
[11:41] | Anyway, for Jerry, I’m apologizing. Other than that… | 但是 为了Jerry 我来道歉 除此以外 |
[11:47] | watch your back. | 你小心点 |
[11:57] | A nuclear power plant is actually very simple. | 实际上核电站很简单 |
[11:59] | We boil water to create steam to turn a turbine to make electricity. | 把水烧沸 产生蒸汽 驱动涡轮机发电 |
[12:03] | But instead of burning fuel to generate heat, we use nuclear fission. | 但用的不是燃料 而是采用核子裂变 |
[12:07] | – What about green house gases? – None. | – 会产生温室气体吗? – 不会 |
[12:09] | – Acid rain? – None. | – 酸雨呢? – 不会 |
[12:10] | – Urban smoke? – None. | – 城市灰雾呢? – 不会 |
[12:11] | It’s one of the greenest ways we can go. | 是最环保的发电方式之一 |
[12:13] | Is it safe? | 安全吗? |
[12:15] | We all remember Chernobyl. | 我们都还记得切尔诺贝利事件 |
[12:17] | Our nuclear power plants have multiple layers of security | 我们的核电站有多层保护装置 |
[12:20] | and high level of operational performance. | 运作水平也非常高 |
[12:23] | Boy, I’m sure glad you showed up. You seem to have all the answers. | 我很高兴你能来 似乎你什么都知道 |
[12:25] | I love people who have all the answers. Don’t you, judge? | 我就喜欢什么都知道的人 你也是吧 法官大人 |
[12:30] | Of course you’ve had all the answers before, | 当然 以前我们也什么都知道 |
[12:31] | in 1925, the international commission on radiological protection | 1925年 国际放射防护委员会 |
[12:36] | set the radiation exposure limit at 100 rem per year. | 将辐射安全标准定为100雷姆/年 |
[12:40] | Anything under was safe. We now know they were wrong. | 低于标准的为安全 现在我们知道这是错误的 |
[12:44] | Yes. / And in 1934, the national council on radiation protection | 对 1934年 美国辐射保护委员会 |
[12:49] | set the standard at 36 rem per year. Positive that was safe. | 把标准定为36雷姆/年 |
[12:52] | And we now know that’s also way to high. | 低于标准为安全 现在我们也知道标准远远过高 |
[12:55] | In fact, the acceptable level of radiation Good thing, I guess, we now know everything. keeps getting reduced more and more, we learn. Wouldn’t you agree? | 我们知道得越多 辐射标准降得越低 好在咱现在啥都知道了 你说是吧? |
[13:02] | Nuclear power plants are safe. I know that. | 核电站是安全的 这一点我知道 |
[13:04] | Yes, unless there’s a design flaw, or human error, | 对 只要不出现设计缺陷 人为错误 |
[13:09] | or unsafe procedures, or a terrorist attack. | 或是不安全操作 又或是恐怖袭击 |
[13:13] | – I tried to deal with probabilities, not… – Really? | – 我是说非常安全 不是绝对 – 是嘛? |
[13:14] | I lean towards certainty could wipe out hundreds when being even a tiny bit off and thousands of people. | 只要出现一点闪失 就会导致成千上万的人丧命 |
[13:17] | You want a certainty? Global warming is killing us. | 所以我还是跟倾向于说得绝对点 你想说绝对的事情? |
[13:20] | Unless we explore new ways to… | 全球变暖对人类威胁极大 |
[13:22] | – What about solar power… – That’s good, but not enough. | – 非得采用新的手段不可 – 太阳怎么样? |
[13:25] | Alright, alright, alright, I’d like to hear from Ms. Michele, please. | 很好 但发电量不够 好了 好了 我要听Michele女士怎么说 |
[13:30] | Well, it’s good thing I was almost finished. | 好吧 还好我说得差不多了 |
[13:36] | Um, Your Honor, would it be possible for me to testify from here? | 法官大人 我能在这里作证吗? |
[13:41] | Why? | 为什么? |
[13:42] | Well, this is very embarrassing, but I’m… | 说出来也挺不好意思的 |
[13:45] | I would just feel more comfortable with a little distance from you. | 还是跟您保持点距离的好 |
[13:48] | I’m deeply attracted to you. And my flirting can sometimes… | 我被您深深吸引 我有时会控制不住调情 |
[13:52] | Well, I just don’t want to do anything | 我不希望使您认为 |
[13:54] | that would make you think that I don’t take this case seriously. | 我对这个案子不严肃 |
[13:59] | Shame. | 不要脸 |
[14:10] | You need to tone it down. | 你还是低调点好 |
[14:13] | – Why? Was I inappropriate? – Andrea. | 怎么 我说得不合适吗? Andrea |
[14:18] | Uh, there he is. | 哇 他来了 |
[14:19] | I can’t wait to be cross-examined by you. Don’t be gentle. | 我都等不及接受你盘问了 到时候别客气 |
[14:23] | Andrea | Andrea. |
[14:26] | So, Jack, here to settle? | Jack 你来谈庭外和解的? |
[14:28] | You remember the Old Bailey, in Harvard Square? | 记得哈佛广场的老贝利餐厅吗? |
[14:31] | Gee, how could I? We only ate there seven days a week. | 怎么会不记得? 天天都在那里吃饭 |
[14:34] | Still open, hamburgers are rumoured to be just as good, what do you say? | 还开着呢 据说汉堡还是那么好吃 怎么样? |
[14:41] | Carl, uh, Jack and I were just talking about grabbing a bite later. | Carl 我和Jack在说一起吃饭的事情 |
[14:45] | Remember the Old Bailey? You wanna join us? | 还记得老贝利餐厅吗? 要一起吗? |
[14:48] | I’d love to, but, you two go ahead. | 好啊 但是 你俩先去吧 |
[14:51] | You never said he was funny. | 你没提过他很搞笑啊 |
[14:58] | So, Jack, can I see the photos of these kids you keep bragging about? | Jack 让我看看你引以为豪的孩子们吧 |
[15:02] | Oh, it took you long enough. | 这么久才提起啊 |
[15:06] | Ah, let’s see. | 我看看 |
[15:08] | There’s Steph, looks just like her mother. | 这是Steph 跟她妈很像 |
[15:10] | – Oh, God, she’s beautiful. – Yes, she is. | 天啊 她好漂亮 对 |
[15:13] | And ah, here’s Michael. | 这是Michael |
[15:16] | Also looks like Kim, also beautiful. I wonder if they were really mine. | 也很像他妈 也漂亮 都怀疑是不是我的孩子 |
[15:21] | I’m having trouble believing this. | 不敢相信 |
[15:22] | I promise you, Jerry, I wouldn’t make it up. | 我说的都是真的 |
[15:24] | “Watch your back!”? | 小心点? |
[15:25] | Her exact words, she’s a bit off I’m afraid. | 原话 她有点不友好 |
[15:28] | – I’ll talk to her. – No, please headbutt her. | 我跟她谈谈 别用头撞她 |
[15:32] | Is there any chance you could have got it wrong? / None. | – 会不会是你理解有误? – 不会 |
[15:39] | I’m all for saving the planet, | 我们是应该拯救地球 |
[15:41] | but sorry, I don’t feel like getting cancer in the process. | 但我不想在拯救地球过程中得癌症 |
[15:42] | And do you have any evidence that you would? | 关于癌症 有证据吗? |
[15:45] | Oh, come on. Radiation? | 拜托 核辐射 |
[15:46] | Even this administration’s scientific commissions which don’t include any scientist, | 即使是本届政府的科学委员会 虽然不是由科学家组成的 |
[15:51] | I admit, say that they’re risk, and they’re pro-nuke. | 他们说 核电站有风险 但他们支持 |
[15:54] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:56] | And yet many environmentalists support them, are they not? | 但是很多环保主义者支持建核电站 |
[16:00] | Yeah, but I doubt that they wanna live near them. | 对 但他们应该不会愿意住在核电站附近 |
[16:02] | And there’re just as many that are against them. | 同样也有很多环保主义者反对核电站 |
[16:04] | By the way, and I don’t mean to get political here, | 还有 不是我上纲上线 |
[16:06] | how can our administration can claim on the one hand that there’re terrorists out there, be afraid, | 政府怎能一方面叫嚣恐怖威胁 |
[16:09] | and on the other hand, be pro-nuke, | 另一方面又支持建核电站 |
[16:12] | when it should be obvious to anyone that you build these plants, | 很明显 修建核电站 |
[16:15] | you multiply by a thousand the risk of nuclear weapon’s proliferation. | 大大增加了核武扩散的可能性 |
[16:19] | Alright, just one weekend on the vineyard, don’t make me bark for it. | 就一起度假一周 求你了 |
[16:26] | Have you read the EPA’s report on nuclear power plants? | 你是否看过环保局关于核电站的报告? |
[16:29] | The fixes in it? The EPA, everybody knows that. | 环保局有办法 谁都知道 |
[16:31] | Take that as no. What about the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s report? | 就是说你没看过 核管制委员会的报告呢? |
[16:34] | I’m waiting for the movie to come out. | 等拍了电影我就看 |
[16:35] | How about the National Academy of Science? | 国家科学院的报告呢? |
[16:37] | Sweetie, I’d be happy to swap reading list. | 亲爱的 我很乐意和你交换书单 |
[16:39] | Just fax them to me on the vineyard I’d be with the judgie. | 传真给我 我会和法官大人一起度假 |
[16:41] | In the meantime, I don’t care who writes what. | 我不管报告是谁写的 |
[16:44] | I don’t want a nuclear reactor do you? in my neighbourhood, | 我不想我社区附近有核电站 你呢? |
[16:57] | She makes for a good witness, but uh, it can’t just go away. | 她作证表现不错 但我们不可能放弃 |
[17:01] | This is billions of dollars of research and development. | 牵涉到数十亿的研发资金 |
[17:04] | Just pick a another locale, far away from Andrea. | 另选个地方吧 离Andrea远点 |
[17:08] | Something tells me Andrea gets around. | Andrea这种人到处都有 |
[17:10] | Besides, there is no other place. | 而且也没别的地方好去了 |
[17:12] | It’s either too residential, or commercial district, or it’s a park we tried to swamp. | 不是居住人口太多 就是商业区 又或是公园 |
[17:15] | It was protected as wetlands. There’re 60 acres of nothing in Belmont Falls | 抽干了一片沼泽 60亩的空地 那里以前是受保护的湿地 |
[17:20] | Why are you smiling at me? | 干嘛老对我笑? |
[17:21] | I’m just remembering all our dreams in college, how idealistic we both were. | 我在回忆我们大学时的梦想 咱俩当时是多么理想主义啊 |
[17:27] | – Now look at us. – What? | – 再看看现在 – 怎么? |
[17:29] | We’re arguing cases we both strongly believe in. | 咱俩在根据各自理解辩论案情 |
[17:31] | Is there some law that and make fortune while doing so? it’s wrong to fight for principles, | 法律规定为原则奋斗并从中挣钱有罪吗? |
[17:37] | There must be. | 肯定有这种规定 |
[17:39] | These burgers are just as good at least. | 这些汉堡还真和以前的一样棒 |
[17:41] | Hey, we’re just as good. | 我们也像以前一样棒 |
[17:44] | Better. Seriously. | 甚至更好 真的 |
[17:47] | Other than some minor physical depreciation, | 除了身体上稍逊当年 思想上跟进了一步 |
[17:51] | we think better, we have maturity that gives us perspective, | 更加成熟 有主见 |
[17:53] | we love better, we appreciate what’s really important, we’re at our peak. | 更懂得爱 懂得珍惜 正当盛年 |
[17:57] | Like autumn foliage, just before all the leaves fall off. | 就像秋天的树叶 终会飘零 |
[18:05] | Do you have any regrets, Jack? | 你后悔过吗 Jack? |
[18:08] | Well, I was hoping you did, being the one who left. | 我一直希望你会后悔 你离开我的 |
[18:14] | You seem happy. | 你过得不错 |
[18:17] | These hamburgers are just as good, aren’t they? | 汉堡还真和当年的一样棒 |
[18:30] | Am I getting my ass whipped? Not that I don’t like that. | 有人要用鞭子抽我吗 我也不讨厌那种 |
[18:35] | We have a tough case, Andrea. | 这案子不好办 Andrea |
[18:38] | Also I’m not entirely sure it helps for you to be inviting the judge to the vineyard. | 而且 你邀请法官一起度假也没什么帮助 |
[18:44] | You’re right, that’s where you and I go. | 说得对 那咱俩去吧 |
[18:52] | I have a close friend who’s proposed a ridiculous idea. | 我有个好朋友 他提议 提议了一个荒诞的想法 |
[19:04] | Swinging. | 换女朋友 |
[19:05] | That just sounds absurd. | 太可笑了 |
[19:09] | But I admit, I didn’t speak for me, ’cause I’ve never done it before. | 但我承认 我… 我瞎说的 因为之前我没有试过… |
[19:13] | Who’s the friend? | 你那朋友是谁? |
[19:17] | Uh, Denny Crane. He’s a lawyer here. | Denny Crane 这儿的一位律师 |
[19:22] | Is he now? | 是吗? |
[19:23] | Not that you would ever consider, of course. | 倒不是你会考虑 当然了 |
[19:26] | My ??? or yours? | 我家还是你家? |
[19:29] | – Really? – I shock you. | 真的? 你被吓着了 |
[19:33] | Not yet, but I’m hoping. | 还没 我倒希望 |
[19:41] | Well, it’s late. | 嗯… 时间不早了 |
[19:44] | I am a little bit drunk, and I have to be in court in the morning. | 我喝得有点多 明早还要上庭 |
[19:48] | I do too, remember? | 我也是 记得吗? |
[19:49] | No, you’ve been such a wallflower. I forgot you were even on this case. | 忘了! 你完全是个花瓶 我都忘了你也在办这起案子 |
[19:57] | Does your wife know you’re out with me tonight? | 你老婆知道你今晚跟我在一起吗? |
[20:01] | She does, actually. | 她知道 真的 |
[20:03] | I’m too old and too smart to lie about matters. | 我早过了笨到撒谎的年纪了 |
[20:13] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 为什么这种眼神? |
[20:18] | Well, sometimes I’m too old and too smart to speak the truth. | 我早过了笨到说实话的年纪了 |
[20:26] | You still play the piano? There’s a piano over there. | 你还弹钢琴吗? 那里有架 |
[20:29] | – You’re trying to get rid of me. – I am, actually. | 你想让我离远点 嗯… 是的 |
[20:34] | Plus I always loved to hear when you sing. | 另外 我一直很喜欢听你唱歌 |
[20:38] | Okay, a song it is. | 好吧… 那就献声了 |
[20:45] | – Any request? – Scotch. | – 要点吗? – 威士忌 |
[23:02] | Shirley | Shirley. |
[23:06] | Uh, one second? | 说句话? |
[23:08] | Go get Alan, tell him we need to go. | 去找Alan 告诉他该去哪 |
[23:13] | Probably it isn’t the best time, but… I don’t think this is working out. | 不该现在说 但我…我觉得没前途了 |
[23:20] | What isn’t working out? | 什么没前途了? |
[23:22] | Us. | 我们俩 |
[23:24] | You, me, us. | 你和我 我们俩 |
[23:26] | I think we should take a little break. | 我觉得我们该分开下 |
[23:30] | – What happened? – Nothing’s happened, I just… | 怎么回事? 没事 |
[23:32] | – We can talk more about it later. – No, we’ll talk about it now. | 我… 我们晚点再谈 不 我们现在就谈 |
[23:39] | I want an explanation, please. | 请解释下 |
[23:43] | Look, Shirley, I adore you. I think that you are a phenomenal woman. | 听我说 Shirley 我很喜欢你 我觉得你是个很不一般的女人 |
[23:47] | But you and I are simply not a match. | 但是我们俩不配 |
[23:50] | – Let’s just leave it at that. – No, let’s not leave it at that. | 到此为止吧 不 别到此为止 |
[23:54] | – What’s going on? – I told you, I want out. | 怎么回事? 我说了 我不想继续下去了 |
[23:59] | Okay, you’re fired. | 行 你被解雇了 |
[24:02] | What? For what reason? | 什么? 什么原因? |
[24:03] | I’ll give you three. First, I’m pissed. | 三个原因 |
[24:05] | Second, the name of this firm is Crane, Pool & Schmidt. | 第一 我火了 第二 这家律所叫Crane Pool和Schmidt |
[24:10] | And the third, I am Schmidt. You’re done. | 第三 我就是Schmidt 你玩完了 |
[24:20] | She denies it? | 她否认? |
[24:21] | She thinks you, maybe, misinterpreted it. | 她觉得你… 可能误解了 |
[24:25] | Yes, what part of “Watch your back” did I get wrong? | “小心点” 哪个字我理解错了? |
[24:28] | – Katie, is it possible? – No, Jerry, it is not. | – Katie 可不可能… – 不可能 Jerry 不可能 |
[24:30] | You have to admit what you’re suggesting is totally outside of Leigh’s character. | 但是你得承认 Leigh完全不是你说的那种人 |
[24:34] | What I’m suggesting? So, you don’t believe me now. | 我说她是什么样的人? 你不相信我了 |
[24:37] | No, it’s not that I don’t believe you, it’s just… | 不 不是我不相信你 |
[24:39] | Just what, then? | – 而是… – 是什么? |
[24:45] | I think there’s always two sides to every story, | 我觉得每个故事都有两个面 |
[24:48] | and I’m wondering if it’s possible that the truth here lies somewhere in the middle. | 我怀疑事实可能在中间 |
[24:52] | It doesn’t. Your girl friend’s a psycho. | 不在 你女朋友精神不正常 |
[24:55] | Americans are big babies, Your Honor. | 美国人都是长不大的孩子 大人 |
[25:01] | I will not have you attacking this fine country of mine | 你不准攻击我伟大的祖国 |
[25:03] | as we try to spread democracy around the world. | 我们正在全世界播撒民主呢 |
[25:06] | Yeah, while the reason we wanna give so that we can get back their oil in return. the world democracy is | 嗯 让全世界实现民主 好能从他们那儿攫取石油 |
[25:10] | But it’s game over, judge. | 但是游戏结束了 法官 |
[25:12] | We can’t depend on oil from other countries, any more. | 我们不能再依赖外国石油了 |
[25:15] | I could say we should draw for our own. | 我可以说我们该自己挖井 但是… |
[25:16] | But folks don’t wanna hear that either. Tear up our own soil? Forget it. | 人们也不想听这样的话 挖碎我们自己的土壤? 想都别想 |
[25:20] | The problem with Americans is we, we don’t wanna make sacrifices. | 美国人的问题是… 我们不喜欢做出牺牲 |
[25:24] | Well, we have to. | 我们不得不 而且 如果我们真想拯救地球 |
[25:27] | And if you truly wanna save the planet to reduce the green house gas emissions, to rely less on petroleum, | 减少对石油的依靠 减排温室效应气体 |
[25:30] | we simply have to commit to the nuclear power industry. | 我们只能转向核电工业 |
[25:34] | Are there some risks involved? | 存在危险吗? |
[25:36] | Sure. Like with everything. | 当然了 什么不危险呢 |
[25:38] | There’re bigger risks in building nuclear bombs, | 制造核弹危险得多 |
[25:41] | but we do so because we consider them necessary. | 但我们还在做 因为我们觉得有必要 |
[25:44] | Well, power plants are morsel??? and they’re vile??? | 发电厂更有必要 又是切实可行的 |
[25:47] | We’ve already got a 104 reactors in 66 plants in the US. | 美国已建有66座核电厂 104个反应堆 |
[25:51] | And we’re not all dying of cancer. | 我们又没有都因癌症而生命垂危 |
[25:53] | In fact, since power plants don’t burn fossil fuels and send carbon dioxide into the air, | 实际上 因为发电厂不使用化石燃料 不往空气中排放二氧化碳 |
[25:58] | we’ll probably have less cancer as a result of them. | 说不定癌症的发病率还会因此而降低 |
[26:01] | But just because a few babies saw ‘China Syndrome’ | 但就凭几个长不大的孩子看到 “中国综合征”或者… |
[26:04] | or the word Chernobyl pops up every now and again in the Sunday crossword, | “切尔诺贝利”这个单词 在周日的字谜游戏里偶尔出现 |
[26:07] | we panic at the mention. | 我们谈虎色变 |
[26:10] | Let’s grow up. | 长大吧 |
[26:12] | Nuclear power will save lives, money, energy, and the planet. | 核动力会拯救生命 节省金钱 拯救地球 |
[26:16] | Already they produce 1/5 of America’s electricity. | 核电已占全美发电量的五分之一 |
[26:19] | In Vermont, maybe your greener state, it’s 70%, | 在佛蒙特州- 也许是最环保的州- 占70% |
[26:22] | Still need a reason? How about this? | 还需要理由吗? 这个怎么样? |
[26:23] | We have no choice. | 我们没别的路可走了 |
[26:25] | Coal and oil supplies are being exhausted. One day, they’ll be gone. | 煤炭和石油供给即将衰竭 总有一天将耗尽 |
[26:29] | – We have no choice. – Sure we do. | 我们没别的路可走了 当然有 |
[26:33] | There’s solar energy, hydroelectric power, and of course, listening to Mr. Ross, | 太阳能 水力发电 当然 听Ross先生演讲 |
[26:37] | one has reminded of the enormous potential of wind, his closing argument alone. | 你一定能想到风能的巨大潜力 |
[26:40] | I’m sure he could have fueled Hillary’s electrolysis. | 单凭他的结案陈词 我确信 就能为希拉里做一次电针除痣供能 |
[26:44] | By the way, she is willing to explore nuclear power. | 顺便说一下 她很愿意发展核电 还有奥巴马 罗姆尼 朱利安尼 |
[26:48] | As our Obama, Mit, Rudy, they all are, except Edwards. | 他们都是 除了爱德华兹 |
[26:49] | It’s in now to be pro-nuke. | 现在流行赞成核能 |
[26:51] | Elle magazine says nuclear power is cool. | “Elle”杂志说核能很酷 |
[26:54] | And I’m the only one who’s scared to death? | 就我一个吓得要死? |
[26:56] | The amount of radiation we’re talking about, | 那种辐射量… |
[26:59] | I mean, my dentist still flees the room when he X-rays my teeth. | …我的牙医给我照牙齿X光时 还是会跑到另一间屋子里去 |
[27:02] | Any exposure is harmful. | 只要暴露在辐射之下就是有害的 |
[27:04] | Every scientist says so, not even the gifted but gusty Mr. Ross can dispute that. | 所有科学家都这么说 天资聪颖连说话带风的Ross先生 也不能否认这点 |
[27:09] | Radiation exposure causes cancer. Within the plume of Three Mile Island, | 接触辐射能致癌 |
[27:12] | there was 300% to 400% increase in lung cancer, | 在三哩岛的被污染区域内 肺癌的发病率增长了三倍到四倍 |
[27:19] | a 600 to 700% increase in leukemia. | 白血病六倍到七倍 |
[27:22] | Why the hell do you think they haven’t build one of these since 1970s? | 你觉得为什么七十年代之后 他们就没有新建过核电厂? |
[27:25] | And we all feel safe? That nothing will go horribly wrong with our leaders in charge? | 就凭我们的领袖 我们都觉得很安全 不会有天灾人祸? |
[27:30] | Where the hell was Condi to talk about the big mushroom cloud ??? | 我们需要Condi(赖斯)谈下蘑菇云的时候 她跑哪去了? |
[27:35] | And if the next suicide hijacker, | 如果下一位自杀劫机者 不是瞄准摩天大楼 |
[27:40] | instead of pointing at a high rise, it’s lights out. aims for a power plant, Pun intended. | 而是核电站 那爆炸可就耀眼了 注意双关 (另一个意思: 没电 城市就黑下来了) |
[27:43] | Which is why these nukes are regarded by many security analysts | 这就是为何很多安全分析家 认为这些电站 |
[27:46] | as a sort of pre-positioned weapons of mass destruction. | 是种事先放置好的大规模杀伤性武器 |
[27:49] | And the reactor’s container domes are built to withstand the impact of a jetliner. | 反应堆的安全壳能够承受喷气客机的撞击 |
[27:53] | Oh, balls, you don’t need to be a genius to know | 噢 自大狂 就算不是天才也知道 |
[27:56] | that a fully loaded jetliner would at least crack the damn thing, | 满座的喷气式客机至少会撞碎那个东西 |
[27:59] | – cause a massive radioactive… – What are you, an engineer, now? | – 导致一场巨大的放射性… – 你又成工程师了? |
[28:02] | – At least have the decency to strap yourself to a polygraph – What if a spy or ??? | – 至少费点事…测测谎… – 如果电站内部有间谍呢? |
[28:05] | – so we know which lie is… – Have you thought about that? We don’t have ??? | – 你考虑过这点吗? – 至少能知道哪个谎说的是什么 |
[28:06] | Silence! | – 没有间谍? – 安静! |
[28:11] | Mr. Shore, would you wrap it up, please, and quickly. | Shore先生 你总结下行么? 说快点 |
[28:16] | – One last thought, judge. – Thank god. | – 最后一点 法官大人 – 谢天谢地 |
[28:18] | I’m going to skip over the whole section I had on earthquakes, | 我跳过那段地震的 直接说废料的 |
[28:24] | and proceed right to the waste. | 这些反应堆会制造 |
[28:27] | These facilities will produce tons and tons and tons… | 很多很多很多… |
[28:33] | And tons and tons of nuclear waste. | 很多很多吨核废料 |
[28:36] | Where should we store it? | 我们储藏在哪儿呢? |
[28:37] | Already we have 55,000 metric tons of the crap | 现在我们已经有5万5千吨核废料 |
[28:42] | with no real idea of what the hell to do with that. | 却不知道怎么处理 |
[28:44] | Our best plan today? It’s to just bury it somewhere. | 目前最好的方案 就是找个地方埋起来 |
[28:47] | Pump the radioactive stuff back into the earth | 把放射性材料埋在地下 直到将来某一天 |
[28:50] | until one day the entire planet will be full of it. | 整个地球上遍地都是这些废料 |
[28:54] | Like you. | 将你这样的垃圾 |
[28:57] | – Alright, I shall rule… – I lied. | – 好了 我要宣判了- – 我说谎了 |
[28:59] | We know where they’ll go | 我们都知道废料会去哪 |
[29:00] | as other communities like Belmont Falls hire lawyers to say “Not in my backyard” | 其他像Belmont Falls这样的社区雇律师 说 “别在我们这儿” |
[29:04] | and the likes Sierra Club keep it outta the deserts in parks. | 像山峦协会那种 不让埋在沙漠和公园里 |
[29:07] | We know exactly where the waste will eventually go. | 我们很清楚最终废料会去哪里… |
[29:09] | In the poor communities. | 贫困的社区 |
[29:11] | Just like they get the power plants, landfills and fast food restaurants. | 就像电站 垃圾场 快餐店都建在那儿一样 |
[29:14] | That’s one of the wonderful things about America. | 这是美国的好地方之一… |
[29:16] | The poor always get what’s coming to them. | 穷人躲不过 |
[29:36] | Katie, hello. Is Jerry around? | Katie 你好 Jerry在吗? |
[29:39] | He is actually. He is under my desk licking my thigh at the moment. | 在 他正在我桌子下 舔我大腿呢 |
[29:43] | That was dishonest of me. I apologize. | 我说了谎 我道歉 |
[29:46] | I suppose it’s not good to be dishonest, is it, Leigh? | 不诚实不好 是吧 Leigh? |
[29:50] | – I’m feeling hostility. – Are you now? | 有点敌意啊 是吗? |
[29:53] | Jerry says you categorically deny having told me to watch my back. | Jerry说你直接否认让我”小心点” |
[29:57] | Katie, I’m not going to get into accusations over who said what. | Katie 我不会和你争论谁说了什么 |
[30:02] | I was hoping you and I could be friends. | 我希望我们俩能做朋友 |
[30:05] | Um, excellent. How does one define friendship in Leigh Swift terms? | 太好了 Leigh Swift怎么定义友谊呢? |
[30:10] | Well, I would define it | 唔… |
[30:11] | by you keeping your slutty well-traveled hands away from Jerry. | 我的定义是你淫荡 到处乱放的手 离Jerry远点 |
[30:17] | I would define it by you not sticking your big sloppy, floppy breast in his face. | 我的定义是别整天顶着 你下垂的巨乳给他看 |
[30:23] | And if you keep looking at me like that, I’ll punch your lights out. | 如果你再敢这么看我 我会揍你 |
[30:27] | Uh, wanna run and tell now? | 想跑去告状了吗? |
[30:35] | He dumped you? Just like that? | 他就那么把你甩了? |
[30:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:43] | I don’t want you to be alone tonight. | 我不希望你今晚孤孤单单 |
[30:45] | Damn it, Denny. | 不是吧 Denny |
[30:46] | Let me fill the void, that I once escaped so unselfishly to. | 让我填补你的空虚吧 我曾无私为之献身的空虚 |
[30:49] | You stay away from my void. | 你离我的空虚远点 |
[30:59] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[31:01] | I’m, I’m just shocked, I guess. | 我… 我有点震惊 可能 |
[31:07] | All the childish… | 那些幼稚的… |
[31:10] | Shirley, you say childish when it’s really just weak. | Shirley 我们说”幼稚” 实际上是… 嗯 软弱 |
[31:17] | Sounds like Carl. | 听起来好像Carl… |
[31:20] | Just can’t handle all it is Shirley Schmidt? | 应对不了Shriley Schmidt |
[31:28] | Whatever you need, Shirley, a shoulder, a hug, an erection? | 不管你需要什么 Shirley 肩膀 拥抱… 勃起… 真的… |
[31:36] | Shirley, whatever you need, I’m here. | 不管你需要什么 来找我 |
[31:39] | I know that, Denny, | 我知道 Denny |
[31:42] | which is the reason you’re just that office I came in to. | 所以我才来你的办公室 |
[31:57] | – Where’s Alan? – He’s meeting us at the court house. | Alan呢? 他在法庭跟我们见 |
[32:03] | Is ever cold draft in here or…? | 有阵穿堂风还是… |
[32:08] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[32:10] | – What are you doing tonight? – Whatever you have in mind. | 今晚有安排吗? 随你安排 |
[32:12] | Whatever? No strings attached? | 没有什么附加条件? |
[32:14] | Strings? No. | 条件? 没有 |
[32:16] | Binds? Absolutely. | 藤条? 绝对有 |
[32:33] | I would like to know why. | 我想知道为什么 |
[32:39] | You and I… | 你和我… |
[32:43] | You want somebody to complement your life, Shirley, as opposed to being part of it. | 你希望别人羡慕你的生活 并想成为其中的一部分 |
[32:49] | The word “soul mate” is as cliche as it is unrealistic. | “灵魂之伴” 是不现实的 这个词无非是个套话 |
[32:55] | Or so I thought. | 或者我这么认为 |
[32:58] | – And? – And… | – 还有? – 还有… |
[33:00] | I went to the Old Bailey. And I saw you two. | 我去了老贝利餐厅 看到了你们 |
[33:05] | What you had with Jack Ross, you may very well still have. | 你和Jack Ross的过去… |
[33:09] | You and I would never know. | 可能现在还有关系… 你和我永远不会知道 |
[33:18] | Carl, what you and I have is… | Carl 你和我所拥有的… |
[33:21] | You deserve more. | 你值得拥有更多 |
[33:26] | And so do I. | 我也是 |
[33:38] | If it’s okay with you, I want to assume I’m not really fired. | 如果你愿意的话 我想确定没有被解雇 |
[34:06] | Leigh, hello. | Leigh 你好 |
[34:08] | My! Certainly seeing a lot of you these days. | 最近真是常见面啊 |
[34:10] | You see, that was hostile. I think she covets you, Jerry. | 看到了吧? 很不友好 我觉得她想得到你 Jerry |
[34:16] | Actually, I’m in a relationship, Leigh. | 事实上 我有男朋友了 Leigh |
[34:18] | I met the most wonderful, understanding, funny… iPhone. | 我遇到了最棒 最体贴 最有趣的iphone |
[34:24] | So slick and sexy, isn’t it? | 多么光滑和性感 是吧? |
[34:27] | I wouldn’t know. | 我不想知道 |
[34:28] | And look at the lines of it. Ever seen anything so ??? | 看看这线条 我是说 你见过这么美的东西吗? |
[34:33] | Hold it in your hand, Leigh. It’s fab. | 拿着 Leigh 真是绝了 |
[34:36] | She’s trying to exploit my disability, Jerry. What kind of a person is this? | 她想试探我的忍耐性 Jerry 看看她是个什么样的人? |
[34:41] | And the things you can download, check this out. | 还可以下载东西… 来看看 |
[34:44] | “How does one define a friendship in Leigh Swift terms?” | 看看Leigh是怎么定义友谊的? |
[34:48] | well… “Well, I would define it | |
[34:49] | “by you keeping your slutty well traveled hands away from Jerry, | 我说的友谊是 首先你把你的脏手从Jerry身上拿开 |
[34:54] | “I would define it as you not sticking your big sloppy floppy breast in his face. | 不要把你甩来甩去的胸部 放在Jerry面前 |
[34:59] | “And if you keep looking at me like that, I’ll punch your lights out.” | 如果你一直这么看着我 我就打你一顿 |
[35:05] | She tricked me. | 她耍我 |
[35:07] | She’s conniving bitch, Jerry. She tricked me. | 她是一个绝对的… 婊子 Jerry 她耍了我 |
[35:10] | Leigh, I’m finding it very difficult to believe you. | Leigh 我发现很难相信你 |
[35:20] | Jerry, I’m so sorry. | Jerry 对不起 |
[35:23] | Why, why must there be so many bad people… | 为什么… 为什么要有那么多的坏人? |
[35:41] | Obviously nuclear power plants pose risks. | 显然 核能站存在危险 |
[35:44] | People in Illinois having big problems with them, leaking radiated water to the ground. | 由于放射性水污染了土地 伊利诺斯州的人们遇到了大麻烦 |
[35:48] | Wet dirt has also been found in New York. | 纽约也有同样的发现 |
[35:50] | Why? Somebody ??? waste them, build a dirty bomb. | 我们可以控制污染 建立核能站 |
[35:55] | And no one can say for a certainty that we’d all be safe. | 但是没有人能够保证所有人的安全 |
[35:58] | But we can, as Mr. Bostick said, know for a certainty, | 但是正如Bostwick先生所说 我们可以确信 |
[36:02] | that unless we do something drastic about global warming, | 除非采取措施 治理温室效应 |
[36:05] | it won’t be a mushroom cloud that gets us in the end. | 否则都不用蘑菇云 就送我们上西天 |
[36:09] | But all of this is, is secondary to the fact that my mother lives in Belmont Falls | 但是所有这一切都是次要的 重要的是我妈妈住在贝尔蒙 |
[36:15] | The injunction is granted, and we’re adjourned. | 这是判决 休庭 |
[36:21] | We’re being over and over again no one knows the logic. | 事实再次证明 法律没有逻辑 |
[36:24] | – Okay now I’m horny. – Gee. | – 好了 我现在欲火中烧 – 老天 |
[36:26] | Unbelievable, got milk? | 难以置信 有牛奶? |
[36:28] | Ah, don’t let me hold you two up. | 我可不想碍你们的事儿 |
[36:32] | Okay, that wasn’t fair. | 好的 不公平 |
[36:36] | Yeah, life sometimes isn’t. | 是的 生活就是这样 |
[36:38] | Can I buy you a burger? | 给你买个汉堡? |
[36:40] | Uh, it’s my oldest son’s birthday. So… | 今天是我大儿子的生日 不如下次 |
[36:45] | I suggest a rain check, but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. | 但是我觉得不是个好主意 |
[36:48] | Probably not. | 也许不是 |
[36:50] | If only life came with a do-over, you know? | 除非生活可以重演 |
[36:54] | – So good seeing you again. – You too. | – 很高兴再次见到你 – 我也是 |
[36:59] | – Bye, Shirl. – Bye. | – 再见 Shirley – 再见 |
[37:16] | I may have so appeal. | 我可能得上诉 |
[37:42] | I have to admit I’m a little nervous, are you? | 我承认 我有点紧张 你呢? |
[37:45] | Denny, I’m still a little unsure about this. | Denny 我还是有点不太确定 |
[37:49] | I’m not gonna ??? to your ??? here. | 你的姑娘来之前 我不承诺任何事 |
[37:53] | What are you talking about? My girl’s here. | 你说什么 我的姑娘在这儿 |
[37:56] | No, I mean, the one for me, the one you were with the other day. | 不 我是说今天跟我的 也就是那天和你的那个 |
[38:00] | She’s the one I was with, the other day. | 她就是 |
[38:03] | What? No, I… | 什么? 不 我… |
[38:05] | – What? | – 什么? – 什么? – What? |
[38:08] | Slutty me. | 我很风流 |
[38:11] | – I don’t believe this. – Wait a second. | – 等一下… 我不相信 |
[38:16] | So, what I had with you the other day… | 那么 那天我和你… |
[38:19] | Denny’s leftovers. | 在Denny之后 |
[38:22] | We can’t swing with one. | 一个怎么交换 |
[38:24] | Of course, we can. | 等等 我们当然能 |
[38:28] | Oh. I mean it was too good to be truth. | 我就知道不会有这种好事儿 不可能… |
[38:30] | No way, I mean the Red Socks and the Patriots, | 我是说 红短袜和爱国者 |
[38:32] | and little swap action, all on the same year? | 还有小小的交易 都在一年了 |
[38:35] | Boys, not to worry, I’m indefatigable. | 伙计 不要担心 不 我可是不知疲倦的 |
[38:57] | Should have known better than to expect a good hamburger in peace. | 我应该料到 不可能就是平平常常吃个汉堡 |
[39:05] | Denny told me. | Denny 告诉我了 |
[39:08] | Sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[39:11] | You know, Shirley, maybe you and Jack Ross… | 你知道 Shirley 也许你和Jack Ross 可以… |
[39:13] | He is happily married. | 他婚姻幸福 |
[39:19] | Nuclear power plants, global warming warns I don’t think electric bill in the end, | 核能站 全球变暖 战争… |
[39:22] | next to matters of the heart. | 和内心的事情相比 这些都算不了什么 |
[39:26] | – Are you guessing, Alan? – Nah, I don’t love them. | 你在猜吗 Alan? 我了解爱情 |
[39:30] | I mean I play it well. What worth it is for, but… | 作为一个校队项目 我可能打的不好… |
[39:36] | I don’t love. | 我了解爱情 |
[39:39] | I thought you and Denny were swinging tonight. | 我知道你和Denny今天晚上换女朋友 |
[39:41] | We were afraid our arms would get tired. | 我们怕她累着 |
[39:46] | – I had an… – Chicken. | – 我是… – 小鸡 |
[39:50] | I know that… | 我知道… |
[39:53] | Denny said he was there for you. | Denny说他会一直陪你 |
[39:56] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[39:59] | Thank you, Alan. I’m a big girl. | 谢谢你 Alan |
[40:01] | Yes, I heard in a song somewhere they cry. | – 我是个大女孩 歌里面唱的 – 是的 失恋的人会哭的 |
[40:07] | Sometimes. | 有时候 |
[40:10] | Good night, Alan. | 晚安 Alan |
[40:34] | At least you got a little cheek action, (I’ve got)??? nothing. | 至少你还有点艳遇 我就那么走了 |
[40:37] | Why? I left you with Andrea. | 为什么? 我把Andrea和你留下了 |
[40:41] | – Nothing happened? – I was too, uh… | 什么也没发生? 我太… |
[40:45] | ???. | 气馁 |
[40:48] | You know, maybe we should do ah, uh, a three-way. | 你知道 其实我们可以”三人行” |
[40:52] | It’s the one thing you and I haven’t shared together. | 这是我们惟一没有分享的 |
[40:54] | Denny, I really don’t think I can be next to you on a bed while you’re naked and sweating, | Denny 我… 真的不想和你在一张床上 看着你赤身裸体 大汗淋漓 |
[41:01] | and that’s as far as I can take the imagery. | 这是我能想象到的 |
[41:06] | I don’t like the idea of you sneaking over to see Shirley like that. | 我觉得你溜走见Shirley可不好 |
[41:10] | She was vulnerable. | 她太脆弱了 |
[41:11] | I should be the one that takes advantage of that, not you. | 应该是我去占这个便宜 而不是你 |
[41:14] | I think she was more than vulnerable. | 我想她不只是脆弱 |
[41:16] | She might be a little broken-hearted, not over Carl Sack, | 她有点儿 … 伤心欲绝 |
[41:20] | but what could have been with Jack Ross. | 不是Carl的原因 而是Jack Ross |
[41:25] | How she goes with guys with one syllable names. | 你注意到了吗 她只和单音节名字的男人约会 |
[41:28] | – Crane, Ross take Sack, Crane. – You said Crane twice. | Crane Ross Tiggs Sack Crane 你说了Crane两次 |
[41:32] | It’s ’cause she’s not over me, and never will be. | 那是为什么从来不会和我 将来也不会 |
[41:39] | You need to look out for her a little now. | 我们应该去找她 |
[41:42] | So many things in life that are paramount but, | 生活中有很多重要的事情 |
[41:47] | being there for a friend in pain… | 但是陪伴一个伤心的朋友… |
[41:52] | I’m glad you went check with her. | 很高兴你去看她 |
[41:55] | Lovers come and go, but friends. | 情人来了去了 但是朋友… |
[42:00] | Not everybody has somebody, like us. | 不是每个人都有我们这样的朋友 |
[42:03] | No. | 不是 |
[42:06] | – Still wanna swing though. – No swing. | – 还是想交换 – 交换吧 |
[42:09] | The thing about life, you always ??? keep something on the to-do list. | 关于生活 总要有一些计划做的事情 |
[42:15] | You’ll swing. | 我们要交换 |
[42:18] | ??? Shirley being on your to-do list. | 我不喜欢你把Shirley 列入你的猎取范围 |
[42:20] | – Would you get over? – I’m just saying. / Never mind. | – 别说了行吗? – 我只是说说 我… 别介意 |