时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously o”boston legal”… | 前情回顾 |
[00:01] | Melvin palmer. How are you? | Melvin Palmer 你好吗? |
[00:02] | I’m grand,actually. | 我好得很 |
[00:03] | But I go by alan shore. | 请称呼我Alan Shore |
[00:05] | You’re a hoot,that’s what. | 你真傻冒 |
[00:06] | We have an expression in texas. | 我们老家有句俗话 |
[00:08] | You’re all hat and no cattle. | 绣花枕头一包草 |
[00:10] | I know I’ve seen your face. | 我以前见过你 |
[00:11] | I don’t know your real identity. | 我不知道你的真实身份 |
[00:12] | But I know you’ve only been lorraine weller since 1997. | 但是我知道1997年后你才变身份为 |
[00:15] | I owned and operated a brothel. | 我拥有并经营一家妓院 |
[00:16] | After being arrested,I reached a deal with the authorities | 被捕后 我和执法部门达成协议 |
[00:19] | whereby I would not be prosecuted if I agreed to disappear. | 如果我同意自动消失 我就不会被起诉 |
[00:21] | Jerry,would you like to get a drink with me? | Jerry 你愿意和我喝一杯吗? |
[00:24] | We all know what’s supposed to happen on the third date after two wonderful dates. | 我们都知道奇妙的两天后的 第三天会发生什么 |
[00:26] | You’ve really never kissed a woman? | 你真的从没吻过女人? |
[00:28] | Not a real one. | 真女人没吻过 |
[00:29] | Oh,thank you,god. | 哦 谢谢你 上帝啊 |
[00:30] | I don’t nt to be let out,just let her in. | 我不奢望能够出去 让她进来就成 |
[00:32] | Would you be riding on the elevator with us? | 你要和我们一起做电梯吗? |
[00:34] | Think you can handle it,denny? | 你能扛得住吗 Denny? |
[00:59] | Scotch and eggnog,hold the nog? | 威士忌加蛋酒 要来一杯吗? |
[01:01] | No,thank you. | 不 谢谢了 |
[01:03] | What’s with,uh,all the guns here,denny,if you don’t mind my asking? | 这些枪是干嘛用的 Denny? |
[01:07] | Oh,coast guard auxiliary. | 哦 海岸警卫队辅助 |
[01:08] | I’m serving my country. It’s fantastic. | 我在为国效力 这真是棒极了 |
[01:10] | I’m getting reacquainted wi weaponry. | 我正重新认识武器 |
[01:12] | Want to join? | 愿意加入吗? |
[01:14] | Actually,denny,I do serve my country, | 实际上 Denny 我也在为国效力 |
[01:17] | which is one of the reasons I’m here. | 这就是我来这儿的原因 |
[01:19] | In fact,I joined the board of “green people” to save this country,as well as the planet. | 我加入了环保人士董事会 以拯救国家和地球 |
[01:25] | Denny… | |
[01:27] | this is a little awkward. | 这有点尴尬 |
[01:29] | “Green people” hired crane,poole & schmidt on my recommendation. | 在我的建议下 环保人士组织和你们律师行合作 |
[01:33] | And the only reason I made that recommendation was | 而我这么推荐的唯一原因是 |
[01:35] | because you told me your firm was extremely green. | 因为你说过你们律师行非常奉行环保 |
[01:38] | Yeah. So? | 没错 所以呢 |
[01:39] | Well,it’s not. Not really. | 这不是事实 不是真的 |
[01:41] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[01:42] | We have all these,uh,curlicue lightbulbs. | 我们有 花饰灯泡 |
[01:45] | Yeah,well,there are major areas where this firm is not green. | 是的 正是在这些方面你们所不环保 |
[01:49] | You have no solar panels,no car pool policies. | 没有太阳能电板 没有停车政策 |
[01:53] | I discovered you recently threw away your old computers, | 我还发现你最近丢掉了你的旧电脑 |
[01:56] | – which contain hazardous waste… – oh,walt. | – 那是还有危险物质的 – 哦 Walt |
[01:58] | And which will probably wind up in the landfill. | 还有可能占垃圾场的位置 |
[02:00] | Meanwhile,”green people” is paying your firm legal fees in the six figures every year. | 与此同时 环保人士组织还每年支付 你们律师行六位数的法律费用 |
[02:05] | Bottom line,denny,get green or I’ll recommend we hire another law firm. | 到此为止 Denny 环保起来 否则我会推荐别的公司 |
[02:09] | Walt,may I say something? | Walt 我可以说说吗? |
[02:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:14] | I love the environment. I really do. | 我爱环保 真的 |
[02:16] | And every day,I kiss the ground I walk on as do many others | 每天 我和其他人一样 亲吻我做站立的大地 |
[02:20] | because I am,after all,denny crane. | 因为我 毕竟是 Denny Crane |
[02:24] | what’s this? You got a tic? | 这是什么意思 你抽搐了一下? |
[02:25] | oh,denny. | 哦 Denny |
[02:27] | I take this cause seriously. | 我很认真的从事这项事业 |
[02:29] | I’m committing the rest of my life to it. | 我把我的余生都奉献于此 |
[02:31] | I told you it was important for our law firm to be environmentally conscious. | 律师行要有环保责任心 很重要 |
[02:36] | You’re wearing blinking antlers,for god sake. | 你还戴着愚蠢的鹿角 上帝啊 |
[02:38] | Walt,it’s christmas. | Walt 圣诞啊 |
[02:40] | It’s a time of year to embrace giving and getting and waste | 此时此刻 要尽情享受 付出 给予 浪费 饕餮 |
[02:43] | and gluttony and all the things that made god and this country great. | 所有让上帝和这国家变得伟大的东西 |
[02:46] | Don’t be such a girl. | 不要像个女孩子一样 |
[02:47] | Now I am getting angry. | 我可要生气了 |
[02:48] | Well,so am I. | 很好 我也是 |
[02:49] | Frankly,I hope this planet survives. I really do. | 我也希望地球安然无事 真的 |
[02:52] | But I am getting sick of you smug, | 但是我厌倦了你的自以为是 |
[02:54] | hybrid-driving socialists telling the rest of us how to live our lives. | 像个混合驱动杆社会主义者一样 对我们其他人的生活指指点点 |
[02:58] | I’m rich,okay? | 我很富有 |
[02:59] | Like to guzzle a little gas now and then. | 偶尔吸入过量的废气 |
[03:01] | I-I keep my thermostat at 72 during the winter, | 冬天空调开到22度 |
[03:04] | and I-I prefer night games in football. | 我喜欢晚间的橄榄球赛 |
[03:08] | And I am fed up with you global warming wusses raining on my electric parade. | 早已被你们环保主义分子烦透了 |
[03:12] | You can be such an arrogant,ignorant ass. | 你这个自大无知的混蛋 |
[03:15] | So can you. | 你才是 |
[03:20] | good news–it’s paint. Bad news– it’s not biodegradable. | 好消息 这是彩弹 坏消息 这不是可降解的 |
[03:23] | Nobody comes into my office and ruins my christmas with a load of | 绝不能让你用 拯救地球 这种废话 |
[03:26] | “save the planet,” atheist,communist crap. | 来破坏圣诞 |
[03:29] | Off you go now. | 快滚 |
[04:01] | Boston Legal Season04 Episode10 | 波士顿法律 |
[04:05] | Ah,these things happen. | 事情就是这样 |
[04:07] | Argument between two old friends. | 两个老友发生了争执 |
[04:09] | You’d understand if you had any. | 你要是经历过就会明的 |
[04:11] | These things happen? | 是真的吗? |
[04:12] | You opened fire on him with a paintball gun? | 你用彩弹枪朝他开火? |
[04:15] | Am I the only one who’s getting a little sick of these greenies? | 只有我对环保分子感到厌倦的吗? |
[04:18] | If they had their way,we’d be living in caves like terrorists. | 如果他们得了势 我们就要像恐怖分子那样住山洞了 |
[04:21] | Where’s shirley,by the way? | 顺便问下 Shirley呢? |
[04:23] | I prefer her reprimanding me. | 我更喜欢她来责备我 |
[04:25] | Shirley’s in atlanta at a conference,ironically on environmental law. | Shirley在亚特兰大开会 关于环境法的 有点讽刺啊 |
[04:29] | Denny,this greenie is suing us for fraud. | 环保分子现在以诈骗罪起诉我们 |
[04:32] | Now he claims you misrepresented us as being an environmentally conscious firm. | 指控你误导大家认为你的律师行环保 |
[04:36] | Oh,send him some joan baez tapes tied together with hemp rope. | 给他寄琼・贝兹的磁带 用麻绳捆 |
[04:41] | No,they’re asking for all the money they ever paid us in legal fees. | 不 他们要求偿还所有支付的法律费用 |
[04:44] | That’s in the millions. | 上百万哪 |
[04:46] | Plus three times that in punitive damages. | 还有3倍的惩罚性赔偿金 |
[04:49] | Denny… | |
[04:56] | denny,the bigger problem is now that… | Denny 更大的问题是 |
[05:00] | all corporations are going green,we could be shunned if– | 所有的公司都在走绿色路线 如果我们反其道而行之 |
[05:04] | if we’re perceived not to be. | 没人会来找我们 |
[05:07] | That means no more business,from anybody. | 到时就关门大吉了 |
[05:12] | Whatever. | 随你怎么说 |
[05:15] | Clarence? | |
[05:17] | You’ve been staring at my pencil cup for about 30 seconds. | 你盯着笔筒半分钟了 |
[05:21] | Is there something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[05:23] | I’M… oo embarrassed to even say. | 都不好意思说 |
[05:28] | Just tell me. | 说吧 |
[05:30] | I lost my house. | 我房子丢了 |
[05:32] | What? | 什么? |
[05:33] | The bank foreclosed. | 银行收回了房子 |
[05:35] | Were you not making payments? | 你没还贷了 |
[05:37] | I was,but… | 是的 但是 |
[05:40] | but what? What happened? | 但是什么 怎么了 |
[05:42] | The interest rates just kept exploding. | 利率不断调高 |
[05:45] | I bought about three years ago. | 我三年前买的房子 |
[05:46] | I didn’t have to put anything down– | 无首付 |
[05:47] | you got an adjustable rate. | 可调整利率抵押贷款 |
[05:49] | Yes,and at first,I could make the increases,and then they went up 30%. | 对 开始还能应付提息 后来升了30% |
[05:54] | And then they went up again. | 然后又升 |
[05:57] | I’m still paying off student loans from law school. | 我同时还在还上法学院的贷款 |
[06:00] | These increases have wiped out my savings,and well… | 提息搭上了所有的积蓄 |
[06:04] | I missed the last two months. | 上两个月没还贷 |
[06:07] | I feel like such an idiot. | 觉得自己像白痴 |
[06:08] | And they’re foreclosing. | 银行要收回房子 |
[06:09] | I can’t get the bank to even talk to me. | 银行都不肯跟我谈 |
[06:10] | They’re not taking your house. | 不能让银行拿走房子 |
[06:12] | – They’re within their rights. – I don’t care. | – 这是银行的权力 – 这我不管 |
[06:13] | They’re not taking your house. | 不能让银行拿走房子 |
[06:16] | It’s christmas. | 圣诞要到了 |
[06:28] | I can’t,denny.******* | 不行 我正好有事和Clarance谈 |
[06:30] | I don’t******* | 我可不要Sack给我辩护 |
[06:32] | ********* | 他又不是没帮你辩过 |
[06:33] | Exactly****** | 正因为如此 别想让我感激他 |
[06:35] | The bank********** | Clarence的房子要被银行夺走了 |
[06:37] | I told*********people | 我答应他帮忙的 你答应过我不乱开枪的 |
[06:42] | ******** | 我打的是环境论者 |
[06:43] | Even****** | 那也不行 你是又想引人注意是吧 |
[06:48] | No******** | 不 我确实想打他 |
[06:50] | Alan | |
[06:52] | Your******** | 最好的办法是悔悟 道歉 |
[06:55] | You need******* | 不把他看作环境论者 把他看成是美好目标的追求者 |
[07:01] | Come on | 我们走 Clarence |
[07:06] | ******* | 他开枪打他? |
[07:08] | ****** | 彩弹枪 他是这样的 |
[07:11] | And****** | 结果就被人告了 |
[07:14] | ******** | 去你办公室一般很难找到你的 |
[07:19] | Yeah****** | 对 什么事情 |
[07:21] | ******* | 有客户在前台等你 |
[07:25] | Can******** | 不能找别人吗 |
[07:28] | Fine | 好吧 |
[07:31] | Nice** | 西装不错 |
[07:34] | *******Crane | Katie 你跟我一起打Denny的案子 |
[07:38] | ********* | 他的生命变得更加多彩了 |
[07:41] | My******* | 请来我办公室 |
[07:44] | Well******** | 看来彩弹案子要开始了 |
[07:47] | What’s *** | Jerry 怎么了 |
[07:49] | I******** | 我被甩了 |
[07:51] | I’m*** | 什么 |
[07:53] | It’s******* | 这是Leigh给我写的分手信 他喜欢上了苹果手机 要和我分手 |
[08:00] | Well******* | 首先 我代表Denny表示 |
[08:03] | Denny****** | 他对于射击彩弹感到很抱歉 |
[08:06] | Well********saying | 很有趣 仅仅是你代表他说而已 |
[08:10] | ******* | 女人 |
[08:12] | Denny******* | Denny 你刚说了什么 |
[08:16] | I’m******* | 对不起 |
[08:17] | No******** | 你可不是这么想的 |
[08:20] | And********care | 我也不在乎 |
[08:22] | **********entironment | 不在乎彩球的事 但对于环境我很在乎 |
[08:27] | **********peopel | 作为环保人士组织董事会成员 我很难堪 |
[08:30] | *********office | 看看这里 |
[08:33] | ******* | 装饰光鲜 像核电站一样 |
[08:36] | waste*********energy | 为了圣诞 铺张浪费 而没为节能作出任何努力 |
[08:40] | ********* | 如今二氧化碳在毒化地球 冰山融化 |
[08:52] | ********* | 我们是不是有点过虑了呢 可能 |
[08:57] | Damn it***** | 妈的 什么东西一直在打我脸 好疼 |
[09:01] | Why********* | 不如休息片刻 大家都冷静一下 |
[09:07] | You******** | 你在开枪打我 |
[09:08] | *********girl | 小气枪而已 别像女人一样 |
[09:11] | I’m******** | 我真是 |
[09:12] | – Okey – *** | – 好了 – 变态 |
[09:15] | **********myself | 宪法第二修正案 他要袭击我 我自卫而已 |
[09:19] | ****** | 不用担心 |
[09:27] | Nobody******* | 这件事情我最难过 |
[09:30] | Yes | 是的 |
[09:31] | I******** | 是我本人履行了Bell先生的抵押协议 |
[09:34] | I********buy home | 能帮人完成安家梦是的荣耀 |
[09:37] | ******* | 帮Bell先生买了房 我非常高兴 |
[09:40] | And I******* | 他现在要失掉房子 我也很难过 |
[09:43] | Yes********* | 得到房子的是你们 你应该很安慰吧 |
[09:47] | I******* | 我也不想这样的 |
[09:48] | We********percent | 我们给Bell先生提供的是 无首付 2%调整利率抵押贷款 |
[09:53] | **********opportunity | 绝好的条件 |
[09:54] | *********crap | 不好意思 我有点急事 还是别废话了 |
[09:57] | ********** | 看似你为Clarence想了很多 实际上却造成了最坏的结果 先让他买了负担不起的房子 |
[10:05] | You******** | 然后不断提高利率 从2%提高到12% 直到他还不起贷款 |
[10:11] | and********house | 最后 钱和房子都归银行 |
[10:14] | And*****nothing | 而Clarence却钱房两失 |
[10:18] | I******** | 你这么说我很生气 |
[10:21] | This******** | 他要房子 我帮他实现了愿望 |
[10:24] | Oh my********* | 我的老天 有请本年度掠夺性贷款部最佳职员 |
[10:30] | I’m sorry********* | 不好意思 有问题吗 |
[10:31] | No******** | 没事 别傻 |
[10:33] | Just******** | 只是在庆祝他成功的次级抵押贷款计划 |
[10:38] | And******** | 你是 |
[10:40] | Alan******* | 我是Alan Shore 是这位先生的代理律师 |
[10:42] | ******** | 去我办公室好吗 |
[10:43] | I******* | 除非你们敬茶道歉并退还房屋 否则上庭 |
[10:50] | I********* | 到那一步前 你应该做足功课 |
[10:54] | And you******** | 你会发现 次级贷款危机不仅使个人损失 |
[10:59] | But******** | 借贷机构也损失惨重 |
[11:01] | In fact********business | 超过160家主流借贷机构已经歇业 |
[11:05] | many*********survive | 很多其他机构 包括我们 也勉强维持而已 |
[11:09] | Our********percent | 我们的股价下跌了将近95% |
[11:12] | 20 percent********yet | 我们20%的抵押贷款都超过了还款期限 还有大量贷款的利率尚未调整 |
[11:17] | and then*******worse | 在今后的两年 能预料将变得更糟 |
[11:20] | but*********us | 随你告去 |
[11:23] | ********* | 正需要你这样的律师来给我们捣捣乱 |
[11:37] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[11:39] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[11:40] | We could sue,but like he said,they’ve lost money,too. | 可以告他们 但他们也亏钱了 |
[11:43] | It’s not something they wanted to have happen. | 他们也不愿意走到这一步 |
[11:45] | Well,it’s always the government. Co on,alan. | 还是要谈到政府 Alan |
[11:47] | This is a liberal’s wet dream. | 这都是自由主义派的一场春梦 |
[11:49] | You get to jump up and scream for more regulation. | 应该跳出来疾呼更强的政府管制 |
[11:52] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[11:54] | well,I’ve scheduled a settlement conference with the bank’s lawyer. | 安排了和银行的律师进行和解面谈 |
[11:57] | We’ll see what happens. | 走着瞧吧 |
[12:00] | What about your case? What’s happening there? | 你的案子怎样了 |
[12:02] | Trial. We’ll win. | 上庭 我们会赢的 |
[12:03] | Deep down,people hate the environment. | 内心深处 大家厌恶环境 |
[12:04] | I’m not sure that’s true,denny. | 不见得吧 Denny |
[12:07] | Actions speak louder than words. Never mind what we say. | 事实胜于雄辩 不看怎么说 |
[12:10] | Consider what we do. | 就看怎么做 |
[12:12] | That might occasion a discussion of your actions. | 到时也会讨论你的行为 |
[12:16] | Is it time for your annual cat scan? | 是不是又到年度CT检查的时候了 |
[12:19] | Very funny. | 真好笑 |
[12:20] | Seriously,denny. Is it time? | 说真的 Denny 时间差不多了吧? |
[12:23] | There are these new pet scans which armore definitive. | 有些新的检查设备 更加准确 |
[12:27] | I’m gonna make an appointment. | 我来预约 |
[12:40] | Well,well,alan shore. | 哈哈 Alan Shore |
[12:41] | How the heck are you,my good buddy? | 近来如何 兄弟 |
[12:43] | I’m fine,thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[12:44] | A bit surprised perhaps to discover we’re buddies,but other than that– | 咱俩是兄弟啊 我咋不知道 |
[12:48] | attaboy.You’re still a hoot. That’s what you are. | 你还是老样子 |
[12:51] | Melvin palmer. How are you,my friend? | 我是Melvin Palmer 最近如何 朋友? |
[12:53] | Homeless. | 无家可归 |
[12:54] | Well,we are gonna see what we can do about that. | 我们会想办法处理的 |
[12:56] | That’s what we’re gonna do. | 会尽力的 |
[12:57] | Do you know what I like? | 知道我喜欢怎么做吗? |
[12:59] | I like to eliminate “adversary” from the adversarial process. | 我喜欢通过帮对方解决问题 来解决自己的问题 |
[13:02] | – That’s what I like. – Oh,dear. | – 这是我喜欢的方法 – 哦 |
[13:04] | There is no reason this can’t be a win-win. | 我们完全可以达成双赢嘛 |
[13:07] | I mean,we’re not the japanese,now are we? | 我们可不是小日本 对吧? |
[13:10] | No,but I can see you’re a racist in addition to being my good buddy. | 不是 不过撇开你是我朋友不谈 你可是个不折不扣的种族主义者 |
[13:13] | You’re a hoot. That’s what you are. | 你真傻冒 |
[13:15] | Come on. Let’s all go work this out. | 来吧 我们一起解决问题 |
[13:18] | Find a way for my friend clarence to be home for the holidays. | 想办法让他在节日里不至于无家可归 |
[13:22] | He gets worse. | 他比以前更糟了 |
[13:38] | jerry,it’s very difficult for me to work at my desk knowing you’re curled up under yours. | Jerry 你卷曲在你桌子下 让我都无法专心工作了 |
[13:42] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[13:47] | Have you seen those iphones? They’re very sexy. | 你看到过苹果手机了吗? 可性感了 |
[13:50] | Jerry,get up from under your desk,please. | Jerry 请从桌子底下出来 |
[13:52] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[13:53] | Jerry,please! Get up. | Jerry 出来! |
[14:00] | Not to mitigate the tragedy which was once your great love,but leigh is– | 倒不是为了减轻你的痛苦 不过Leigh |
[14:04] | well,I believe the americanerm– a total nut job. | 用你们的话说就是神经病 |
[14:08] | I’m quite sympathetic to the condition of objectophilia, | 尽管我很同情有恋物癖的人 |
[14:11] | but if your girlfriend cheats on you with a clock radio and runs off with an iphone, | 但是 如果你的女朋友背着你爱上了闹钟 然后又和iPhone私奔了 |
[14:15] | she’s bonkers,and you’d best be done with her. | 那她绝对就是个神经病 早断早好 |
[14:18] | So stop your whinging,and get on with it,would you please? | 别再像个小孩子一样哭哭啼啼了 好吗? |
[14:21] | Either that,or go outfit yourself with a nappy. | 要不 你干脆换上”嘘嘘乐”算了 |
[14:30] | Bloody hell. | 哇哦 |
[14:35] | Make sure he goes through the weapons detector as we go into the courthouse. | 在我们进法庭前 别忘记让他通过金属探测器的检查 |
[14:38] | I heard that. | 我听到了哦 |
[14:41] | CarlI was in your office at 6:00. | Carl 我6点去你办公室了 |
[14:43] | You were a no-show. | 你不在 |
[14:44] | I got a little tied up with denny. | 我被Denny困住了 |
[14:46] | Would you like that? | 你有兴趣吗? |
[14:48] | Let’s try 11:00 today. | 改在今天11点吧 |
[14:51] | What’s happening? | 怎么了? |
[14:52] | I haven’t the slightest idea. | 我也不清楚 |
[14:53] | I’ve been summoned,but with no indication as to my fate. | 他找我 不过没透露具体情况 |
[14:56] | I don’t like that it’s happening without shirley. | Shirley不在场 让我感到有些不安 |
[14:59] | – Jerry. – Oh,shut up. | – 哦 闭嘴 |
[15:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:02] | Leigh dumped him. | Leigh把他甩了 |
[15:03] | For the clock radio? | 为了那个收音机? |
[15:05] | Iphone. | 苹果手机 |
[15:06] | They are sexy. | 它们很性感 |
[15:10] | Here’s what I’m trying to do,clarence– | 我打算这样 Clarence |
[15:12] | I’m trying to get inside your head. | 我打算换位思考 |
[15:15] | It’s what I like to do. | 这是我的风格 |
[15:16] | See,I find the best way to help people with a problem is to experience where they’re ming from. | 帮助人们解决问题的最好办法 就是找出问题的根源 |
[15:22] | That suit you okay,my friend? | 你没意见吧? |
[15:24] | – Uh,fine. – Okay. | – 没问题 – 好的 |
[15:26] | Now when mr. Chernack explained this loan– | 当Chernack先生向你说明这项贷款业务时 |
[15:29] | he didn’t really explain it. | 他可没说明白 |
[15:31] | Well,you went to law school. | 你可上过法学院 |
[15:33] | Are you telling me that you signed a legal document without understanding it? | 你是在告诉我 签了一份自己都没搞明白的法律文件吗? |
[15:37] | Was it your client’s intent to take advantage of him when it rned out he didn’t,mr. Palmer? | 你的委托人是否故意利用了这点 Palmer先生? |
[15:41] | I’m sorry. Melvin. | 抱歉 该叫你Melvin |
[15:42] | I keep forgting we’re buddies | 我总忘记我们是朋友 |
[15:44] | – you know what you are? – A hoot. | – 你知道你是什么人吗? – 搞笑的人 |
[15:46] | With a capital “h”– that’s what you are. | 不 你真搞笑 |
[15:48] | Now,clarence,you did understand terms like | Clarence 你应该了解这些术语吧? |
[15:51] | “float” and “balloon” and “piggyback” and– | 利率浮动 利率激增 利率联动 |
[15:55] | hell,sounds like a birthday party. That’s what that does. | 听上去像个派对 |
[15:58] | But you did understand that your adjustable rate floated with the prime,didn’t you? | 你总该知道你的可调整利率贷款 是根据基准利率浮动的吧? |
[16:03] | I certainly had no idea the prime would go through the roof. | 我没想到基准利率会调到这么高 |
[16:06] | Well,nor did the bank,and nobody expected the housing market to take a dive. | 同样 谁会想到房地产市场会跳水呢? |
[16:10] | I mean,we all got caught with our pants down on that one. | 我是说 这令大家都措手不及 |
[16:12] | Didn’t we,al? | 是吧? |
[16:13] | I do my best work with my pants down. | 我倒是越紧急越拿手 |
[16:15] | But then again,I’m the hoot. | 不过话说回来 这就是我 |
[16:16] | With a capital “h”– that’s what you are. | 一个愚蠢的人 |
[16:19] | yeah. | |
[16:25] | please sit. | 请坐 |
[16:36] | well,lorraine… | |
[16:41] | I did a little survey with the firm. | 我对事务所做了个小小的调查 |
[16:43] | Between the 172 attorneys currently practicing law at crane,poole & schmidt, | 在172名在职律师中 |
[16:48] | we’ve managed to rack up convictions in domestic violence, | 有被控家庭暴力的 |
[16:54] | possession of marijuana,cocaine,heroin, | 私藏毒品的 |
[16:56] | ecstasy,malicious destruction of property,D.U.I.S, | 蓄意破坏他人财产的 醉酒驾驶的 |
[17:00] | reckless driving and failure to file income tax returns. | 鲁莽驾驶的 还有漏报个人所得税的 |
[17:04] | That doesn’t even include denny. | 这些甚至还不包括对Denny的指控 |
[17:07] | You,on the other hand,haven’t been convicted of anything. | 而你却没受到过任何指控 |
[17:10] | You also seem to have led a rather model life over the past eight years, | 另外 你最近八年的生活都非常循规蹈矩 |
[17:14] | setting aside your extracurricular activities in elevators. | 除了你在电梯里的课外活动以外 |
[17:22] | Bottom line,you survive for now. | 总之 暂时先放你一马 |
[17:24] | Mainly because shirley likes you, | 主要是因为Shieley喜欢你 |
[17:27] | and denny has a particular fondness in his… | 而且Denny对你有种特殊情节 |
[17:31] | heart. | 在他的心里 |
[17:32] | If this prior career should take on a public relations life, | 如果你之前的事情被曝光 |
[17:37] | we may have to revisit the situation. | 那我们可能会再重新考虑 |
[17:40] | But for now… | 不过目前 |
[17:42] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:44] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[18:02] | okay,jerry. Why are you under my desk? | 好了Jerry 你干嘛在我的桌子下面? |
[18:05] | I just came in to be alone. | 我只是想进来一个人呆会儿 |
[18:08] | Would you like me to leave? | 你要我离开吗? |
[18:16] | He flies around in a private jet. | 他乘坐私人飞机 |
[18:18] | He drives a tank. | 开油老虎 |
[18:21] | This is crane of crane,poole & schmidt. | 这就是CPS律师行的事务所的Crane |
[18:23] | The firm does very little to be truly green,and they told me they did a lot. | 他们告诉我 他们为环保做了很多 但事实上并非如此 |
[18:28] | Well,this is fraud. | 这就是欺诈 |
[18:30] | But,sir,you’ve known denny crane for a long time. | 但是 先生 你认识Denny已经很久了 |
[18:32] | You knew he flew in private jets and so forth. | 你知道他乘坐私人飞机 等等 |
[18:35] | True,but he told me that he was starting to make sacrifices. | 没错 不过他告诉我 他正努力改变 |
[18:39] | More importantly,he told me the firm was green. | 更重要的是 他告诉我 他们的事务所是环保的 |
[18:42] | It’s not. Fraud. | 实际上不是 欺诈 |
[18:44] | First of all,I’m an enormous admirer of your organization,”green people.” | 首先 我个人对环保人士组织非常敬佩 |
[18:48] | I think you’re all to be congratulated. | 我认为你们都应该感到自豪 |
[18:50] | Well,thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:51] | I do notice,however,the beverage your counsel’s drinking. | 可是 我注意到了你律师喝的饮料 |
[18:54] | Do you know,sir,that the bottled water industry uses more than 1.5 million barrels of crude oil | 你知道瓶装水工业使用了 超过150万桶的原油 |
[18:59] | to manufacture their plastic? | 来生产塑料吗? |
[19:00] | I know that we use oil to make products. | 我知道我们用石油来制造产品 |
[19:03] | I do live in this century. | 我又不是活在侏罗纪 |
[19:05] | They happen to use a lot of oil. | 他们使用了大量的石油 |
[19:07] | Enough to fuel 100,000 cars for a year. | 足够供10万辆汽车使用一年 |
[19:10] | They also use vast amounts of fossil fuels to distribute their product. | 他们还使用了大量的矿物燃料 来运送他们的产品 |
[19:13] | What’s worse is less than 25% of these bottles are actually recycled. | 更糟糕的是 只有不到25%的瓶子被回收 |
[19:17] | The rest end up in landfills or the ocean. | 剩下的就流向了垃圾堆场或者大海 |
[19:20] | It’s not really green at all to be drinking bottled water. | 喝瓶装水其实一点都不环保 |
[19:22] | I’m not about to ask people to go green at the expense of their own health. | 我不是要求人们为了环保 而放弃自己的健康 |
[19:26] | Oh,actually,it doesn’t serve their health. | 对健康并无益处 |
[19:28] | Scientists say that bottled water is no better for you than tap. | 科学家说瓶装水并不比自来水好 |
[19:31] | In fact,it could be worse. | 还可能更糟 |
[19:33] | The E.P.A.Standards are looser, | 尽管美国环保总署的标准很宽松 |
[19:34] | and in some cases,the bacterial count is almost double. | 但某些产品的细菌总数仍然几乎超标一倍 |
[19:37] | Thiss not a referendum on water. | 这又不是饮用水公投 |
[19:39] | I beg your pardon. Do you eat meat? | 请原谅 你吃肉吗? |
[19:41] | I only ask because studies show eating meat contributes more to greenhouse gases than driving a car. | 我这么问是因为 据研究吃肉产生的温室气体要多于开车 |
[19:46] | Denny says you two often have rib eyes together. Is that true? | Denny说你们两个经常一起吃里脊肉是吗? |
[19:49] | First,I don’t believe that eating meat is worse for the environment than driving a car. | 第一 我不相信吃肉对环境造成的影响 要比开车更严重 |
[19:54] | It is. | 事实如此 |
[19:55] | Contaminated runoff from slaughterhouses is a major source of water pollution. | 屠宰场的污水是水污染的主要源头之一 |
[19:59] | Livestock itself contributes 18% of greenhouse gases just from– | 家畜排放的温室气体达到了18% |
[20:03] | pardon me– farting. | 请原谅 这仅仅来自放屁 |
[20:05] | That’s more than all the planes,trains and automobiles put together. | 这比所有的飞机 火车 汽车加起来都要多 |
[20:07] | Do you eat meat,sir? | 先生 你吃肉吗? |
[20:09] | I’not sitting here saying people need to go vegan. | 我的意思并不是要大家都去吃素 |
[20:12] | But denny crane’s firm is assaulting the environment. | 但是Denny Crane的事务所正在损害环境 |
[20:15] | I mean,the man drives an outrageous,gas-guzzling– | 我的意思是 他开着一辆油老虎 |
[20:18] | what do you drive,if I may ask? | 能问下你开什么车吗? |
[20:19] | I drive a hybrid. | 我开混合动力汽车 |
[20:21] | Oh,dear. | 哇哦 |
[20:21] | Oh,what? Are you telling me that’s bad,too? | 干嘛? 你要说这也不好吗? |
[20:23] | Well,I hate to be the bearer of bad news, | 呃 我讨厌总是说些坏消息 |
[20:25] | but hybrid batteries contain nickel that is mined | 不过混合动力汽车的电池含有的镍 |
[20:27] | and smelted in a plant in sudbury,ontario, | 是由加拿大 萨德伯里市 的一家工厂来负责开采和冶炼 |
[20:30] | a plant that has caused so much environmental damage and acid rain, | 这家工厂对环境造成了巨大污染 并且还导致了酸雨 |
[20:34] | that nasa uses the so-called “dead zone” around the plant to test its moon rovers. | 以至于美国国家航天局把该工厂周围的 区域称为死亡地带 并在那里测试月球车 |
[20:39] | I’d think a board member of “green people” might know that. | 我以为 作为环保人士组织的成员 或许知道这个 |
[20:42] | That nickel then has to be shipped off via massive containers to a refinery in europe, | 接着这些镍还得使用大量集装箱 通过海运送往位于欧洲的精练厂 |
[20:46] | then off to china to be made into nickel foam, | 然后运往中国加工成泡沫镍 |
[20:48] | then to japan to be manufactured,then finally all the way back to america. | 再送到日本做成电池 最后再大老远的运回美国 |
[20:53] | All that just to put a single hybrid battery into a car. | 这一切就只是为了给一辆混合动力汽车 装上块电池 |
[20:56] | When you combine all the energy it takes to build and drive a hybrid, | 把制造以及使用混合动力汽车的 所有能源加起来 |
[21:00] | it adds up to almost 50% more than it does to build and drive a hummer. | 差不多要比制造以及使用一辆悍马多50% |
[21:03] | They also save on fuel. | 它们节约燃料 |
[21:05] | Mm,in terms of money,perhaps. | 或许可以节约购买燃料的钱 |
[21:07] | But because they do so,studies show people are driving more. | 研究显示 人们正因此而更多的使用汽车 |
[21:10] | Hyids might result in more fuel consumption than gas cars. | 最终可能导致混合动力汽车 比普通汽车消耗更多的燃料 |
[21:14] | I imagine you do know that. | 我想这你应该能理解吧 |
[21:16] | No? | 不能? |
[21:17] | I love it. | 说的太好了 |
[21:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:25] | My point is,you can blame us all you want,my friend, | 你可以尽情的责怪我们 |
[21:29] | but nobody saw this coming. | 但是没人能料到这一切 |
[21:30] | Even alan greenspan was saying there were no bubbles in the housing market. | 就连艾伦・格林斯潘 都说房地产市场不存在泡沫 |
[21:35] | Is al greenspan your good buddy,too? | 艾伦・格林斯潘也是你的好朋友吗? |
[21:37] | I hear he can be quite the hoot. | 我听说他也很搞笑 |
[21:40] | Al… | |
[21:41] | I really don’t need you to make fun of me. | 我还真不需要你拿我来开玩笑 |
[21:43] | No,you don’T. | 确实 |
[21:44] | The simple fact is,this was a negotiable contract. | 事实很简单 就一条 这是个磋商成交的合同 |
[21:47] | He’s a lawyer. | 他是名律师 |
[21:48] | Those are two facts,actually. | 事实上 你说了两条 |
[21:50] | What happened to the subprime was unforeseeable. | 次级贷危机是无法预知的 |
[21:52] | What happened to the housing market was unforeseeable. | 房地产萧条是无法预知的 |
[21:55] | When do we get to the “win-win” part of this meeting? | 双赢在哪里? |
[21:58] | This man was never lied to. | 他没有受到欺骗 |
[22:00] | He made a deal. | 他做了个交易 |
[22:01] | Now he doesn’t liked it ’cause it turned out to be a bad deal. | 现在后悔了 就因为发现这个交易不合算 |
[22:03] | So what,he just stops making his payments? | 怎么 就能停止履行合同? |
[22:06] | Seems to me he deserves to lose a house. | 在我看来 他就应该失去房子 |
[22:09] | You think you can sue us and win,al, | 即便他违反了合同 |
[22:12] | even though he flat out breached a contract? | 你也认为可以胜诉? |
[22:15] | I’m asking myself,what kind of a lawyer would think that? | 我自问 什么样的律师才会这么想? |
[22:19] | That’s what I ask,but then I remember, | 我是这样问的 但是然后我想起来了 |
[22:23] | you’re not so much a lawyer as you are a gigantic hoot. | 你并不是个好律师 你只是个大蠢蛋 |
[22:29] | Am I right? | 是吧? |
[22:32] | I may not be much of a lawyer,mr. Palmer, | 或许我并不是个好律师 Palmer先生 |
[22:35] | but I can see the obvious. | 但我看的很清楚 |
[22:37] | Foreclose on mr. Bell’s house, | 收回Bell先生的房子 |
[22:39] | and your client will be left holding an asset he can’t sell | 你的委托人只能得到一处卖不掉的房产 |
[22:42] | and a loan that will never be paid off. | 以及一笔永远还不清的贷款 |
[22:44] | Over the next 18 months,2 million of these teaser mortgages are going to expire. | 接下去的18个月内 将有2百万份这样的抵押贷款到期 |
[22:50] | And a trillion dollars worth of loans are going to be called in. | 以及价值1万亿的贷款需要收回 |
[22:54] | As interest rates keep ticking up and property values keep slipping down, | 随着利率的不断上升 房产价值的不断下滑 |
[22:58] | that trillion dollars worth of debt is gonna be secured by houses worth a fraction of that. | 那些房产将只能抵付 1万亿的债务中的一小部分 |
[23:03] | Keep throwing people out on the street,taking their homes instead of their money, | 不断的把人赶上大街 拿走他们的房子而不是钱 |
[23:07] | and you’ll be left with a stock price of zero and a public that’s out for blood. | 等待你的将是股票价格的归零 以及要血债血偿的群众 |
[23:11] | Not mine or his,but yours and yours. | 不是我的血 也不是他的 而是你的和你的 |
[23:17] | You can smell it in the air– anger and chaos. | 你可以在空气中嗅到 愤怒和混乱 |
[23:20] | If shakespeare were alive today,he might say, | 如果莎士比亚还活着 他或许会说 |
[23:22] | “first thing,let’s kill all the bankers.” | 首先 让我们把所有的银行家杀死 |
[23:26] | Tell me,melvin,what exactly do you plan to trade on in that courtroom, | 告诉我 Melvin 你到底准备在法庭上怎么办? |
[23:31] | your witless grin and home-style cookin’? | 你的傻笑 还有家常菜? |
[23:35] | Or perhaps the banking industry’s stellar reputation. | 或者是银行界杰出的声望吧 |
[23:38] | The fbi has already claimed mortgage fraud is the fastest growing white-collar crime in america. | 联邦调查局已经表示抵押贷款诈骗 是全美增长最快的白领犯罪 |
[23:43] | In some cities,even drug dealers have turned to mortgage lending. | 在一些城市 连贩毒的也改行做贷款 |
[23:47] | Profits are high,death rate is low,until,of course,people start shooting the suits. | 高利润 低伤亡率 直到 当然啦 人们开始把他们告上法庭 |
[23:54] | I may not know much about w, | 我也许不是很懂法律 |
[23:56] | but even a gigantic hoot like me knows cases always come down to emotion. | 但像我知道案子说到底都是感情因素 |
[24:00] | Who do you think the jury’s heart will go out to on this one? | 你觉得这个案子陪审团会偏向哪边? |
[24:04] | I’ve got a man who’s lost his home and his entire life savings. | 我的人没了房子 赔上了一辈子的存款 |
[24:10] | You’ve got a bank. | 你有银行 |
[24:19] | These images here are basically microscopic plaques of debris. | 这些图像基本上就是极小的死细胞斑 |
[24:24] | Uh,tangles of nerve endings containing a protein called tau. | 含有一种叫做Tau的蛋白质的神经末梢 纠缠在一起 |
[24:28] | Up to now,we’ve only been able to view these kinds of tissue tangles in autopsies. | 到现在为止 只有在解剖尸体时 才能看到这种组织 |
[24:32] | So what are you saying,I’m dead? | 你什么意思 我死了? |
[24:33] | No,no.I’m just saying, | 不 我的意思是 |
[24:35] | with the latest pet scan developments, | 由于正电子断层扫描技术的最新进展 |
[24:36] | we are now seeing things we never thought possible. | 以前从未想过能亲眼看到的东西 现在都能看到了 |
[24:39] | It’s–it’s beyond innovation. This is really the cutting edge. | 这比创新还要新 绝对尖端 |
[24:41] | Look,just tell me what all this crap means. | 告诉我这些是什么意思就好 |
[24:44] | Well,uh,you have M.C.I.But that doesn’t mean– | 你有MCI 但是这不意味着 |
[24:47] | I’ve got at&T. I know my phone service. | 我用AT&T 我知道我用哪家运营商 |
[24:50] | I’m not that far gone. | 但还没到那程度 |
[24:51] | No,M.C.I.Stands for mild cognitive impairment, | 不是 MCI的意思是轻度认知障碍 |
[24:54] | and this debris here represents signs of M.C.I. | 这块死细胞意味着轻度认知障碍 |
[24:57] | Did I not just tell him I have at&t? | 我不是刚跟他说的我用AT&T? |
[24:59] | So I-is this alzheimer’s? | 那是老年痴呆症吗? |
[25:01] | Could be the early stages,but nothing’s definitive. | 可能是早期 但是不能确定 |
[25:03] | Uh,sometimes M.C.I.Is a-a transition stage between normal aging and alzheimer’S. | 有时候轻度认知障碍是由正常老年化向 老年痴呆症的过渡 |
[25:08] | Other times,it’s just normal aging. | 其他时候 就是正常老年化 |
[25:10] | We see this in about 29% of people under 85. | 85岁以下的人大概有29%有这个现象 |
[25:13] | Of those people,roughly 12% progress to alzheimer’s each year. | 这些人当中 每年大概有12%发展成老年痴呆症 |
[25:16] | What do I look like,rain man? Just crunch the numbers for me. | 我看起来像什么 雨人吗? 告诉我结果 |
[25:19] | Well,uh,in about 6 years,80% have alzheimer’S. | 6年之后 80%的人患上了老年痴呆症 |
[25:27] | So… let me understand what we have here. | 所以 让我想想 |
[25:32] | I have an 80% chance of getting alzheimer’s in 6 years? | 6年之内我有80%的可能患上老年痴呆症? |
[25:37] | Yes. | 对 |
[25:43] | I-if it’s any consolation at all, | 如果算得上是个安慰 |
[25:45] | you’re 75,you drink,you smoke. | 你现在75了 你抽烟喝酒 |
[25:49] | You probably won’t live that long. | 你也许活不到那个年纪了 |
[26:04] | Denny crane wasn’t honest. | Denny Crane没有说实话 |
[26:08] | He told walter bonner that crane,poole & schmidt was a green firm. | 他告诉Walter Bonner CPS是一家绿色事务所 |
[26:12] | It wasn’T. | 它不是 |
[26:13] | I don’t know about you,but I’m a little sick of the widespread practice of the | 我不知道你们 但是我受够了广为流传的 |
[26:17] | “tell the customer what he wants to hear,whatever it takes to get the account” mentality. | 顾客想听什么就说什么 能拉到客户就行 |
[26:21] | It’s fraud. | 这是诈骗 |
[26:22] | They’re not green. | 他们一点都不环保 |
[26:24] | It’s bait and switch. It’s wrong. | 这是挂羊头 卖狗肉 这是不对的 |
[26:26] | These people need to be held accountable for their lies and deception. | 这些人要为他们的谎言和欺诈负责 |
[26:30] | You have to help hold them accountable, | 你们必须要让他们负责 |
[26:33] | even if my client eats meat,and I drink bottled water. | 即使我的委托人吃肉 我喝瓶装水 |
[26:50] | It’s hard to know what the hell is good for the environment these days. | 如今 无从分辨到底什么对环境有益 |
[26:56] | One minute we’re being told, | 上一分钟 我们被告知 |
[26:59] | eat farmed salmon to spare the wild stocks, | 吃养殖鲑鱼 好来保护野生品种 |
[27:03] | while another study says | 然而另一项研究发现 |
[27:04] | that may be the worst thing we can do for the wild salmon. | 这对野生鲑鱼有百害而无一利 |
[27:08] | There’s a new study out that says | 还有新研究表明 |
[27:10] | people contribute more to greenhouse gas emissions by walking than by driving, | 走路比开车能产生更多的温室气体 |
[27:16] | since the increased energy it takes to walk makes people eat more, | 因为走路消耗的能量更多 人们吃的更多 |
[27:20] | which causes the proliferation of slaughterhouses. | 而这造成了屠宰场越建越多 |
[27:23] | Ridiculous? | 荒谬? |
[27:25] | Well,it could be. | 可能吧 |
[27:27] | Everyone talks about ethanol. | 大家都在谈论乙醇燃料 |
[27:29] | Well,it turns out to fill one S.U.V.With pure ethanol | 用纯乙醇住满一辆运动型汽车的油缸 |
[27:35] | would require 450 pounds of corn, | 需要450磅玉米 |
[27:38] | or roughly the amount of calories to feed a person for a year. | 大概是一个人一年的卡路里摄入量 |
[27:43] | That’s just one tankful. | 这还只是一缸 |
[27:45] | We’ve heard how hybrid cars may not be all they’re cracked up to be. | 我们都听到了怎样混合动力车 不像它们被吹嘘得那么环保 |
[27:50] | I mean,the information can sometimes become so contradictory,it’S… | 信息偶尔会如此自相矛盾 |
[27:55] | confusing. | 它让人迷惑 |
[27:56] | And as a consequence,it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and an utter sense of futility, | 结果 人们很容易觉得很茫然 自己没用 |
[28:02] | especially when people are running around screaming,”the end is near.” | 特别是当有人到处乱喊世界末日快到了 |
[28:06] | One thing that would really be helpful is | 什么有用呢 |
[28:07] | if all the chicken littles would just stop yelling “doom”… | 如果那些四眼田鸡别再喊 倒霉 |
[28:13] | calm down and instead promote a little common sense. | 静下心来 多宣传点常识 |
[28:17] | We’re not gonna stop driving cars. | 不可能不开车 |
[28:20] | People are not going to give up meat or christmas. | 不可能不吃肉 不过圣诞节 |
[28:25] | Now we can stop eating farmed salmon. | 可以不吃养殖鲑鱼了 |
[28:30] | We can recycle. | 可以回收利用 |
[28:31] | We can drive less. | 可以少开车 |
[28:34] | We can use,uh,fluorescent lightbulbs. Little things. | 我们可以多用荧光灯炮 这些小事 |
[28:39] | Maybe if we get the message out that the little things really make a difference, | 如果能让人们明白 细微之处决定成败 |
[28:45] | we’ll all start doing them. | 我们都会开始那么做的 |
[28:47] | But suing people for not doing enough, | 但是因为做的不够多而起诉 |
[28:52] | that’s just silly,isn’t it? | 这太愚蠢了 不是吗? |
[29:05] | I wasn’t listening. Any good? | 我没听 会有帮助吗? |
[29:13] | Hello,jerry. | 你好 Jerry |
[29:16] | Busy. | 忙 |
[29:20] | Jerry? | |
[29:25] | what,improper to make fun of the disabled? | 怎么了 不该嘲笑残疾人? |
[29:28] | You’re not disabled,jerry. | 你不残疾 Jerry |
[29:30] | You’re a very abled man who happens to have asperger’s and a few eccentric tics. | 你非常正常 只不过有埃斯博格综合症 偶尔控制不住自己罢了 |
[29:34] | But you are intelligent,you are mainstreamed, | 但是你非常聪明 跟常人没什么不一样 |
[29:37] | and when it comes to finding a romantic partner, | 说到谈恋爱 |
[29:40] | it’s simply wrong for you to reduce the playing field to people | 你老是和心理有问题的人交往是不对的 |
[29:42] | who suffer mental disorders,which leigh swift very much does. | Leigh Swift就是心理有问题 |
[29:46] | With all due sensitivity to objectophilia,she needs serious medical attention. | 我知道恋物癖是个敏感的话题 她需要正规的治疗 |
[29:51] | For god sake,you cannot be pected to compete with a gadget. | 老天 你怎么能跟一个东西去竞争 |
[29:54] | You need to start setting your sights a ttle… | 你需要把眼界定得高点 |
[29:58] | higher. | 高点 |
[29:59] | That would make a lovely valentine’s movie,but in the real world– | 拍成爱情电影倒是不错 但在现实中 |
[30:02] | in the real world,women fall in love with men who beat them, | 现实中 女人会爱上殴打她们的男人 |
[30:04] | men fall in love with their mothers. | 男人会爱上他们的母亲 |
[30:06] | Love is the most inexplicable,unscientific,irrational of all phenomena. | 爱是所有事情中最为神秘的 无法用科学解释的 不理智的 |
[30:10] | The only thing we know for sure is it can happen to anyone,and usually does. | 唯一可以确定的是它会发生在任何人身上 而且一般都会 |
[30:15] | For you to be moping around with the idea it never will for you is simply unacceptable. | 你闷闷不乐 觉得自己不会 这想法是不可接受的 |
[30:27] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[30:28] | Okay. Fine. | 嗯 好吧 |
[30:30] | Actually,I’m writing a letter to leigh now to get closure. | 实际上 我正在给Leigh写封信 最终结束这件事 |
[30:32] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[30:33] | I thought it best to keep it short,but I’m wondering if it’s a little too short. | 我觉得最好写短点 但我在想这是不是也太短了 |
[30:37] | – May I read it to you? – Of course. | – 我读给你听听好吗? – 当然好了 |
[30:43] | “dear leigh,go to hell.” | 亲爱的Leigh 去死吧 |
[30:46] | “Sincerely,jerry.” | 谨启 Jerry上 |
[30:52] | It is a bit short. | 确实有点短 |
[30:56] | This offer in no way represents any admission of liability on our part, | 这个提议决不代表我方承认有任何责任 |
[31:00] | but rather,the charity that runs to my client’s heart, | 而是出于我的委托人的好心肠 |
[31:04] | to the christmas season itself. | 也为了圣诞 |
[31:06] | Oh,santa. | 噢 圣诞老人啊 |
[31:09] | If your client brings his payment schedule current, | 如果你的委托人缴清拖欠贷款 |
[31:12] | we will hold off on foreclosure. | 我们不会取消他的赎买权 |
[31:15] | – Rejected. – what? | – 不接受 – 什么? |
[31:17] | This–this is a gift. | 这是天上掉馅饼 |
[31:19] | Because you’re my buddy,yes,and since no gift should go unpunished, | 因为你是我兄弟 还有既然善有善报 |
[31:22] | these are the terms– he gets 60 days to bring his scheduled payments current, | 我们的条件是这样的 他有60天的时间来还清拖欠贷款 |
[31:26] | and from there on he gets a fixed rate at 8. | 以后的贷款利率固定在8%上 |
[31:28] | 8?Why on earth would we agree– | 8% 我们为什么要同意 |
[31:30] | because you gave him 2 with the implied promise that | 因为你们一开始定在2%上 |
[31:33] | it would fluctuate,but certainly not detonate. | 暗示尽管利率会波动 但不会暴涨 |
[31:36] | I’m sorry.That– | 抱歉 |
[31:37] | not nearly as sorry as you’ll be if you take your chances with me in court. | 如果冒险跟我上庭的话 你会更抱歉的 |
[31:42] | My friend– | 我的朋友 |
[31:42] | I am not your friend. | 谁是你朋友 |
[31:45] | I find the possibility of such a friendship vile. | 一想到要跟你这样的人当朋友 我就觉得恶心 |
[31:50] | Your best hope,mr. Milk, | 你最好的指望 Milk先生 |
[31:51] | is that the first subprime lawsuit is brought against you by a buffoon like mr. Palmer. | 是第一起次级抵押贷款诉讼 是由像Palmer先生这样的小丑提起的 |
[31:55] | You do not want the precedent set by me,because I will get you. | 你不会想要我来设下判例的 因为我会赢的 |
[32:00] | Search my eyes,mr. Milk. | 看着我的眼睛 Milk先生 |
[32:02] | This is what the truth looks like. | 事实看起来就是这样 |
[32:09] | 9%. | |
[32:10] | Let’s split the difference,call it 8. | 折中一下 8%好了 |
[32:16] | Make the deal. | 弄好协议 |
[32:17] | – Oh,norris,I assure you,I– – make the deal. | – Norris 我向你保证 – 弄好协议 |
[32:24] | You have some dog doo on your shoe. | 你鞋上有狗屎 |
[32:49] | merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[32:51] | You remember doris? | 你还记得Doris吧? |
[32:52] | Yes,of course. How are you? | 噢 当然了 你好吗? |
[32:53] | Fine. | 很好 |
[32:54] | Doris is gonna sing a song later. | Doris过会要唱首歌 |
[32:56] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[32:58] | Doris,this is denny. | Doris 这位是Denny |
[32:59] | stop it. | 停 |
[33:01] | Alan… | |
[33:03] | I don’t know how to thank you. | 我不知道该怎么谢你 |
[33:05] | Then why don’t we just skip it? | 那就直接不用谢了 |
[33:21] | hello,jerry. | 你好 Jerry |
[33:22] | Lorraine,hello. Welcome.Hello. | Lorraine 你好 欢迎 你好 |
[33:26] | I heard you’ll be staying. I’m very pleased. | 我听说你不会被解雇了 我很高兴 |
[33:29] | That’s very nice of you to say. Thank you,jerry. | 你真好 谢谢 Jerry |
[33:38] | is that a mercy kiss? | 这个吻是可怜我吗? |
[33:40] | A mercy kiss? Don’t be ridiculous. | 可怜你? 别傻了 |
[33:43] | That was mistletoe. | 你站在槲寄生下 |
[33:49] | – merry christmas,jerry. – You,too. | – 圣诞快乐 Jerry – 你也一样 |
[33:51] | Happy holidays. | 节日快乐 |
[34:00] | where the hell were you? | 你跑哪去了? |
[34:02] | I lost interest. We win? | 我烦了 赢了吗? |
[34:04] | We did,actually. The jury found for us. | 是的 陪审团判我们赢了 |
[34:06] | See? I told you. | 看吧 我早告诉过你了 |
[34:07] | Deep down,people hate the environment. | 内心深处 人们讨厌环保 |
[34:09] | That wasn’t it,denny. But you’re welcome. | 不是那样的 Denny 但是不客气 |
[34:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:21] | merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[34:24] | merry christmas,denny. | 圣诞快乐 Denny |
[34:43] | HellO. Happy holidays. | 你好 节日快乐 |
[34:45] | – Hello. – Hey,jerry. | – 你好 – 嗨 Jerry |
[34:47] | I was wondering if you’d like to dance. | 你想跳舞吗? |
[34:49] | I’d love to. | 非常乐意 |
[34:50] | Uh,what am I,chopped liver? | 当我是什么 空气啊? |
[34:53] | – Maybe whitney could have the next dance? – Of course. | – 下一支跟Whitney跳? – 当然 |
[34:55] | Hello. Welcome. | 你好 欢迎 |
[34:57] | I’ll be waiting right here for you,jerry boy. | 我就在这儿等你 小Jerry |
[35:07] | uh,would you like to dance,whitney? | 你想跳舞吗 Whitney? |
[35:11] | okay,clarence. Don’t you try anything. | 好啊 Clarence 但别想歪了 |
[35:49] | can you imagine the nerve of that doctor, | 你能想象那个大夫有多大胆子 |
[35:51] | telling me I wouldn’t live long enough to get alzheimer’s? | 敢告诉我活不到得老年痴呆症? |
[35:55] | I’ll make it. You watch. | 我会活得到的 你等着瞧吧 |
[35:57] | What are the odds of somebody getting mad cow and alzheimer’s? | 一个人既得疯牛病 又得老年痴呆症 有多大可能? |
[36:01] | Right. | 就是 |
[36:04] | see? Now I-I feel good. | 看吧 现在我感觉好极了 |
[36:06] | And I think it’s good to live life as though it were a finite thing,’cause it is. | 我觉得活得好像明日无多是对的 因为本来就是这样的 |
[36:11] | I appreciate today… | 今天 我享受生活 |
[36:14] | and tomorrow,I’ll wake up,and there’ll be another day to savor. | 而明天 我醒来 再来享受另一天 |
[36:22] | and after it,I’ll go to bed,and I’ll wake up,and there’ll be another… | 之后 我上床睡觉 在醒来 又是一天 |
[36:26] | and another and another and A… | 一天又一天 |
[36:32] | besides,I can reverse this,uh… | 另外 只要我愿意 我随时可以把 |
[36:36] | M.C.I.Thing,anytime I want. | 这个轻度认知障碍的问题搞定 |
[36:39] | You can? | 是嘛? |
[36:40] | I read a study. | 我读过一份报告 |
[36:41] | Blood goes to your brain,blood goes to your penis,but not at the same time. | 血液流向大脑 流向小鸡鸡 但不会同时流向两个地方 |
[36:45] | So if I want to hone my mental skills,I just cut down on the sex. | 所以如果我想提高智力 我就会做爱 |
[36:49] | Question is… | 问题是 |
[36:51] | is it really worth it? | 值得么? |
[36:54] | I think plato once asked that. | 我想柏拉图也问过相同的问题 |
[36:59] | don’t you love christmas? | 谁能不喜欢圣诞? |
[37:04] | Anything goes wrong with the world,christmas makes it go away. | 无论世界上都多少不好的事情 圣诞节让它们统统消失 |
[37:08] | The decorations,the carols… tree. | 那些装饰 圣诞颂歌 圣诞树 |
[37:16] | I don’t tell this to many people,but… | 我没怎么跟别人说过 但是 |
[37:19] | I once had sex with a christmas tree. | 我曾经跟一棵圣诞树做过 |
[37:23] | Not a real tree. | 不真的是树 |
[37:24] | When I was in college,my parents had one of those, | 我上大学的时候 我父母办了一次 |
[37:27] | uh,christmas masquerade party things. | 圣诞化妆舞会 |
[37:29] | And,uh,diana korolog– I think I’ve mentioned her to you– | Diana Korolog 我跟你说过的 |
[37:33] | she brought her slutty cousin along, | 她跟她那淫荡的表妹一起来的 |
[37:36] | and–and she was dressed so beautifully in a-a-a– | 她打扮得那么漂亮 |
[37:41] | she had the popcorn strings around her | 白色的装饰彩带绕了一身 |
[37:43] | and,uh,icicles and–and candy cane from both,uh– | 小冰柱和糖果棒从两边 |
[37:49] | She was magic. | 太奇妙了 |
[37:53] | So… up to the room. | 然后 我们上了楼 |
[37:56] | And my mother walked in and caught me humping a tree. | 被我妈妈发现了 看见我跟树做 |
[38:00] | that was trouble. | 我很淘的 |
[38:02] | And she was already mad at me for sucking face with the virgin mary under a mistletoe. | 她已经因为我在槲寄生下狠命亲 圣母玛丽亚而气得要疯了 |
[38:07] | that was a tough party. | 那个派对很要命啊 |
[38:13] | h-have you bought my present yet? | 你给我买礼物了没? |
[38:16] | Well,it’s still a little early. | 时间还早着呢 |
[38:18] | I know what I want. | 我知道我想要什么 |
[38:20] | Tell me. | 跟我说说 |
[38:21] | Well,I saw you dancing close with lorraine– | 我看到你跟Lorriane贴在一起跳舞 |
[38:25] | a lot closer than I’ll ever get,but I-I’ve resigned myself to that– | 比我贴得近多了 但我就不争了 |
[38:30] | and her perfume…rubbed off on you. | 你身上 沾了点她的香水 |
[38:33] | I can smell it from here. | 我在这儿就能闻到 |
[38:35] | And? | 然后? |
[38:38] | Alan… can I smell you? | Alan 我闻闻你行吗? |
[38:44] | – that’s all you want for christmas? – Please. | – 你圣诞就只想要这个? – 拜托了 |
[38:49] | You better not try anything. | 你最好别有其他企图 |
[38:50] | I won’T. I just want to… | 没有 我就是想 |
[38:54] | drink her in a little… | 贴近点她 |
[38:58] | and pretend. | 假装 |
[39:03] | Oh,my. | 噢 天 |
[39:06] | What’s this perfume on you? | 你身上是谁的香水? |
[39:07] | It’s,uh,one of the go-go dancers. | 是一个跳戈戈舞的 |
[39:11] | It’s very good. | 真好闻 |
[39:13] | Alan… don’t talk. | Alan 别说话 |
[39:15] | It makes it harder to pretend you’re lraine. | 一说话就很难假装你是Lorraine了 |
[39:19] | Did she say what it was,this go-go girl? | 那个跳戈戈舞的 说了是哪种香水吗? |
[39:21] | Smell all you want,alan,just don’t talk. | 只动鼻子别动嘴 Alan |
[39:26] | may I say just one thing,since this is my gift? | 既然这是我的礼物 我能说一句话吗? |
[39:29] | What? | 什么? |
[39:32] | Merry christmas,denny. | 圣诞快乐 Denny |
[39:39] | merry christmas,my friend. | 圣诞快乐 我的朋友 圣诞快乐 新年快乐 |
[39:58] | Boston Legal Season04 Episode10 | 波士顿法律 |