时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | previously on boston legal | |
[00:02] | The reason I came to the boston office was to ring out some of the madness. | 我之所以来这 就是为了整治事务所的风气 |
[00:06] | Some pakistani put a hit on her? | 有巴基斯坦人要追杀她? |
[00:07] | Fled london,changed my name,began a new life here. | 我离开伦敦 隐姓埋名来到这里 想要重新开始一切 |
[00:10] | What if your ex-pakistani blows up the building,hmm? | 要是你前夫派人来把这炸掉怎么办? |
[00:12] | what are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[00:13] | Climbing on my soapbox,judge. I do it once a week. | 站上我的肥皂箱 法官阁下 我每周都这样站一次 |
[00:15] | – This is not your political forum. – Really? | – 这可不是你的政治讨论会 – 不是吗? |
[00:17] | What kind of lawyer are you? | 你到底算什么律师? |
[00:19] | The troubled yet fun kind. | 不安分又风趣型的 |
[00:20] | You’re representing a woman who’s in love with a utility box? | 你的委托人爱上了工具箱? |
[00:25] | You likened your buttocks to god’s image. | 你把你的屁股比做上帝? |
[00:28] | You cannot fire somebody just because they’re fat. | 你不能因为别人胖 就开除他们 |
[00:41] | oh,will you stop with the dink shots? | 喔 你可以不要吊球了吗? |
[00:42] | You’re playing like a girl. | 你打起球来像个女人 |
[00:44] | Just get up to the net. | 快给我上网 |
[00:46] | Hey,hey! That was out. | 嘿! 出界了 |
[00:47] | what,are you a linesman now? | 干嘛 你成边裁了? |
[00:54] | game,set,match. | 赛末点 |
[00:56] | Jump the net. | 势不可挡 |
[00:58] | Mr. Crane. | Crane先生 |
[00:59] | Oh,bert,my man. | 哦 Bert 伙计 |
[01:01] | What brings you downtown? | 什么风把你给吹来了? |
[01:02] | You do. You sued me,Mr. Crane. | 你啊 你起诉我了 Crane先生 |
[01:05] | Oh,right. | 哦 没错 |
[01:06] | Why’d you sue me? | 你为什么要起诉我? |
[01:08] | Uh,well,bert because I drove all the way to revere beach to get one of your pizzas- | Bert 这是因为我大老远的 跑到你那里去买批萨… |
[01:12] | he makes the best pizza in the world- | 他做的批萨天下无敌… |
[01:13] | and,uh,when I got to revere beach after an hour in traffic, | 而在我塞车1个多小时 赶到你那里的时候 |
[01:16] | I didn’t get my pizza. | 我却没吃到我的批萨 |
[01:17] | You weren’t there. You were closed. That pissed me off. | 你的店关门了 这使我非常生气 |
[01:19] | Did you see the restaurant? | 你看到我的店了吗? |
[01:21] | It was destroyed. It got trashed in the flood. It wasn’t my fault. | 它给洪水冲毁了 这又不是我的错 |
[01:24] | So what? You sue who hurts you,I sue who hurts me. | 那又如何? 你起诉损害你利益的人 我起诉损害我利益的人 |
[01:27] | That’s the way the law works. | 这就是司法制度 |
[01:29] | What do I sue,god for causing the flood, | 我去起诉谁? 责怪上帝发洪水? |
[01:31] | or the national guard for failing to show up and help? | 还是起诉国民警卫队 因为他们出来提供救援? |
[01:33] | That’s your call,bert. | 那是你的事了 Bert |
[01:35] | I’m rested. Another game? | 我输了 再来一盘? |
[01:36] | This isn’t fair. And it’s not funny. | 这不公平 还很无趣 |
[01:38] | I lo my business,Mr. Crane. | 我已经倾家荡产了 Crane先生 |
[01:40] | Everything I worked for my entire life,it’s all gone. | 我一生为之奋斗的东西 全毁了 |
[01:44] | My place got destroyed by a flood. | 我的店给洪水冲毁了 |
[01:45] | It could’ve been prevented,and nobody came. | 这一切原本都是可以避免的 但是却无人前来相助 |
[01:48] | I’m afraid denny’s right,though I wouldn’t sue god. | 我觉得Denny说的挺有道理 当然我不会去起诉上帝 |
[01:50] | He’s a flight risk. | 他有豁免权 |
[01:52] | So that would leave the national guard. | 那么就只剩下国民警卫队了 |
[01:54] | We’ll represent you. | 我们接受你的委托 |
[01:56] | – Wh-what? – What? | – 什么? – 什么? |
[01:57] | The national guard has a duty to show up should there be a natural disaster. | 国民警卫队有义务在 发生自然灾害的时候提供援助 |
[02:00] | They didn’t,and like any real tragedy, | 这次他们没有这么做 就像其它悲剧故事一样 |
[02:02] | somebody somewhere has to stand ready to exploit it. | 在某时某刻 总要有人站出来主持公道 |
[02:04] | That’s where denny and i come in. | 这就到我和Denny出场的时候了 |
[02:06] | One of my specialties is turning courtroom proceedings into a circus. | 让庭审变成闹剧可是我的强项之一 |
[02:09] | You’ll need to wear a tie. | 你得穿的正式点 |
[02:10] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么? |
[02:11] | I’m talking about suing the national guard,of course. | 当然是起诉国民警卫队喽 |
[02:16] | Suing the national guard. | 起诉国民警卫队 |
[02:18] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[02:50] | – alan,I’m having second thoughts. – Why? | – Alan 我有点后悔了 – 为什么? |
[02:54] | Suing the national guard– | 起诉国民警卫队… |
[02:55] | it might seem unpatriotic to criticize one’s country at a time | 我们国家正处于战时状态 |
[03:00] | when we’re trying to blow up somebody else’s country. | 这个时候起诉 好象不太爱国哦 |
[03:03] | Come on,denny. You’ll actually be serving america here. | Denny 这正是在为国效力啊 |
[03:06] | Sorry we’re late. New case. | 抱歉 我们迟到了 有个新案子 |
[03:08] | what? | 什么? |
[03:08] | The two of you serving america makes me nervous. | 听到你们两个为国效力 让我有点担心 |
[03:11] | Oh,we’ve decided to sue the national guard,carl. | 我们决定起诉国民警卫队 Carl |
[03:14] | You want in? | 想一起来吗? |
[03:15] | You’re suing them for what? | 你们起诉他们什么? |
[03:17] | They failed to protect denny’s favorite pizza parlor from being wiped out by a flood. | Denny最喜欢的批萨店给洪水冲毁了 他们未尽到保护职责 |
[03:22] | Yes or no? I can’t save your spot. | 你来不来嘛? 我可不给你留位子哦 |
[03:24] | Alan,you cannot sue the nationaluard. | Alan 你不能起诉国民警卫队 |
[03:27] | Of course we can. | 我们当然可以 |
[03:27] | Isn’t it grand,shirley? | 这难道不好吗 Shirley? |
[03:29] | We do these things that seem completely absurd,and then incredibly, | 我们总能出人意料地使那些 看上去非常荒谬的案子 |
[03:32] | we manage to make them not only watchable,but fun and informative. | 变的不但具有观赏性 而且还很有趣和有益 |
[03:35] | Aren’t you just dying to see how we do it this time? | 我们这次表演对你们来说 也一定充满了致命的诱惑吧? |
[03:37] | I’m not. | 我可不 |
[03:39] | Just the thought of dying makes me jumpy. | 光是想到”致命”两个字 就让我提心吊胆 |
[03:41] | I don’t like dying. That’s why I live my life safe. | 我不喜欢”致命” 这也正是我处事小心谨慎的原因 |
[03:43] | And I don’t like to put others at risk either. | 同样 我也讨厌不顾他人安危 |
[03:46] | Not everybody’s like that. | 不是每个人都这样想的 |
[03:48] | That’s just me,I guess. | 大概也就只有我了 |
[03:52] | thank you for that stirring commentary,whitney. | 感谢你那一番鼓舞人心的评论 Whitney |
[03:55] | grammy? | 奶奶? |
[03:58] | Marlena | Marlena. |
[03:59] | I am so sorry to interrupt. | 我非常抱歉打扰大家 |
[04:01] | Oh,my god. It’s an emergencY. | 天哪 这次情况十分紧急 |
[04:04] | I am in big trouble,grammy. | 我有大麻烦了 奶奶 |
[04:06] | I need your help. | 你得帮帮我 |
[04:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:16] | Grammy? | 奶奶? |
[04:17] | Okay,is it me,or is that little thing hot? | 哇 是我自己发骚 还是那个小东西太撩人了? |
[04:22] | hope I’m not her grandpa. | 希望我不是她的爷爷 |
[04:33] | expelled? | 开除? |
[04:35] | My parents don’t know. They’ll kill me. | 我爸妈都还不知道 要不准杀了我 |
[04:37] | Grammy,you gotta help me. | 奶奶 你可一定要帮我 |
[04:38] | I can’t be expelled. My life will be over. | 我不能被开除 要不我的一生就完了 |
[04:40] | Oh,my god. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[04:43] | W-what did you do? | 你干什么了? |
[04:45] | It was bad. | 很糟 |
[04:48] | I was… | 我… |
[04:50] | well,you know those stupid government-issued assessment tests they always make you take? | 呃 你知道学生必须参加的 那些愚蠢的官方评估测试吗? |
[04:54] | I sort of stole the test and… | 我就偷了那些卷子 然后… |
[04:57] | accidentally shredded it and inadvertently scattered the confetti all over the principal’s office… | 一不小心把它们给撕碎了 并且无意中撒满了校长办公室… |
[05:02] | sort of. | 大概是这样 |
[05:04] | Okay,so maybe it wasn’t an accident,but I can’t be expelled. | 好吧 或许我是故意的 但我不能被开除啊 |
[05:07] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[05:08] | Marlena,what were you thinking? | Marlena 你到底是怎么想的? |
[05:11] | Well… something like… | 呃… 就是… |
[05:14] | well,you know how those standardized tests are evil, | 你明知那些测试有多糟糕 |
[05:17] | and something like how if henry david thoreau were still alive, | 而且如果大作家 Henry David Thoreau还活着 |
[05:21] | he’d hred them,too. | 他一定也会这么做的 |
[05:23] | Something like that… sort of. | 我就是这样想的…大概 |
[05:28] | we’re just a bit curious,that’s all. | 我们就是有点好奇 仅此而已 |
[05:30] | What’s to be curious about? | 好奇什么? |
[05:32] | Well,I have many pakistani friends,none of whom believe in honor killings. | 我有很多巴基斯坦朋友 他们都不赞同为尊严而杀戮 |
[05:37] | And as for anyone who does,I’m having trouble seeing you and he as soul mates. | 而且即便有人赞同 我也很难相信 你和你的丈夫情投意合 |
[05:41] | It turns out we were not soul mates,which occasioned my having the affair. | 结果发现我们并不情投意合 这也解释了为什么我会有外遇 |
[05:45] | Does it really matter? | 这真的很重要吗? |
[05:46] | Uh,it does to me. | 呃 这对我的确很重要 |
[05:48] | And I can’t figure out why you would sign on for high-profile cases, | 我始终不明白 你为什么会接那些名人的案件 |
[05:52] | of which you’vhad many,with your little face all on the news. | 这些案件让你的小脸蛋 充斥于各大媒体 |
[05:55] | It just seems odd for somebody who’s got a fatwa against her. | 对于一个亡命天涯的人来说 这似乎有点奇怪哦 |
[05:58] | I mean,I te to lay low with my fatwas. | 如果是我 我肯定会保持低调 |
[06:03] | Three associates grouped. | 上班时间聚会 |
[06:04] | Who’s getting billed? | 我该给谁传票? |
[06:06] | Oh,get over yourself,carl. | 省点吧 Carl |
[06:07] | You want something? | 你有事吗? |
[06:08] | Yes,whitney. | 是的 Whitney |
[06:09] | Shirley needs a second chair. | Shirley需要个副手 |
[06:10] | – Oh,thank you so much for volunteering. – I didn’T. | – 哦 谢谢你的自告奋勇 – 我可没有 |
[06:14] | Ah,but you did. | 哦 你有 |
[06:16] | They’re waiting for you. | 她们在等你了 |
[06:17] | Great. | 太好了 |
[06:21] | Do I need to find something for you to do? | 要我也给你找点事做吗? |
[06:28] | I don’t scare. | 我可不吃你这套 |
[06:33] | Of all the ridiculous,outrageous,preposterous cas you’ve brought before me, | 在你带给我的所有可笑 过分 荒谬的案件中 |
[06:37] | this one takes the prize. | 这个算是力拔头筹了 |
[06:39] | Well,thank you,your honor. We love prizes. | 谢谢你 法官阁下 我们喜欢你的夸奖 |
[06:42] | And it should be said,when we get the ridiculous,outrageous,preposterous cases, | 而且应该说 每当我们接到 可笑 过分 荒谬的案件 |
[06:45] | we immediately think of you. | 我们第一个想到的就是你 |
[06:46] | Though I must say,uh,the most ridiculous part of this case is,it’s actually not. | 尽管如此 我不得不说 该案最荒谬的部分是 它其实并不荒谬 |
[06:51] | What’s your cause of action? | 你们的诉因是什么? |
[06:52] | Well,your honor,my client had an expectation of services from the national guard, | 法官阁下 我的委托人寄望于 国民警卫队的保护 |
[06:56] | services which theydid not provide. | 他们却未能提供该保护 |
[06:57] | We’re in a war,for god sake. | 我们正在打仗 看在上帝的份上 |
[06:59] | And if the war or anything else rendered them incapable of providing services at home, | 如果他们因为战争或者其它原因 而无法为国民提供服务 |
[07:03] | how about a little notice? | 至少该通知下吧? |
[07:05] | Tell the people they’re on their own. | 告诉人们 他们现在只能靠自己了 |
[07:06] | My client could’ve taken precautions. | 我的委托人或许就会采取防范措施 |
[07:08] | He might have purchased flood insurance. | 他可能会去购买水灾险 |
[07:10] | As it was,to his detriment,he relied on the idea | 之所以没有做防范而导致损害 正是因为他指望 |
[07:13] | that the national guard would be there for him. They weren’T. | 国民警卫队可以帮助他 但并没有 |
[07:15] | He lost his business,his life’s work. | 他失去了批萨店 他为之奋斗一生的事业 |
[07:18] | Mr. Shore,you have brought many un-american cases into my courtroom, | Shore先生 你把许多不符合美国法律 的案件都带到了我的法庭 |
[07:21] | – but this,this is– – outrageous,yes. | – 但是这次 这次… – 过分的 没错 |
[07:24] | So is the fact that when my client needed the national guard, | 就像事实一样过分 当我的委托人需要国民警卫队的时候 |
[07:27] | uh,they were nowhere to be found. | 他们却无处可寻 |
[07:29] | I take that back. | 我收回刚才的话 |
[07:31] | They could be found in iraq. | 你可以在伊拉克找到他们 |
[07:32] | – You listen to me. – With both ears. | – 你给我听着 – 洗耳恭听 |
[07:34] | This court will reconvene at 2:00. | 本庭将在下午2点重新开庭 |
[07:36] | I will listen to your proffer of exactly what your case is. | 到时 我会听你提供的详细案情 |
[07:38] | If it’s as baseless as I expect it to be… | 如果它像我预期的那样毫无根据… |
[07:41] | as you keep an open mind. | 只要您能虚怀若谷 |
[07:42] | I will jail both you and Mr. Crane for ntempt. | 你和Crane先生都将因蔑视法庭而入狱 |
[07:47] | Me? What did I do? | 我? 我都干什么了? |
[07:52] | These are serious,serious charges here- | 这些都是非常 非常严重的指控… |
[07:55] | stealing tests,vandalism,destruction of school property. | 盗窃试卷 故意破坏 毁坏学校财产 |
[08:00] | I could report her to the district attorney. | 我都可以把她交给地区检察官了 |
[08:03] | I understand,and we’re all very grateful that you haven’T. | 我明白 并且我们都很感激 您没有这么做 |
[08:08] | I was also hoping that your understanding might extend to a reconsideration of marlena’s expulsion. | 同时我也希望您能重新考虑一下 开除Marlena的决定 |
[08:15] | But just in case,she came armed with attorneys. | 但她还是以防万一的带来了她的律师 |
[08:18] | My granddaughter is very contrite. | 我的孙女非常的后悔 |
[08:21] | What i don’t understand- | 我无法理解的是… |
[08:23] | she’s always been a model student,well-behaved. | 她一直都是个模范生 行为端正 |
[08:26] | She spends one year abroad,and she comes back a monster. | 但自从她在国外学习一年归来之后 她就像变了个人 |
[08:30] | What happened,marlena? | 到底发生了什么 Marlena? |
[08:32] | Well,when I was studying in england, | 当我在英国求学时 |
[08:34] | I just realized how pathetic this school is… sort of… | 我就意识到这个学校有多可悲…就是 |
[08:41] | and how you don’t really teach us anything,and that made me angry. | 而且你基本都没教会我们什么东西 这让我很生气 |
[08:45] | Add to that how stupid the idea of these standardized tests are, | 再加上那些愚蠢的测试 |
[08:49] | and… well,I…I wanted to shred you. | 呃…我真想把你给撕掉 |
[08:53] | but I realized that would be taking it too far, | 不过我明白这么做有点太过分了 |
[08:56] | so I settled for the test… sort of. | 所以我就把气出在了试卷上…就这样 |
[09:02] | Her contrition aside,the expulsion stands. | 她的忏悔不成立 开除决定依然有效 |
[09:05] | Excuse me. | 打断一下 |
[09:06] | Can I be the voice of reason here? | 能让我说几句公道话吗? |
[09:09] | Ms. Schmidt may be a little to close– it’s her granddaughter- | Schmidt女士 也许有点过于亲近了… 毕竟这是她的孙女… |
[09:12] | and you,being the one who feels insulted… | 而你呢 你觉得自己受到了侮辱… |
[09:15] | may I just make a neutral observation? | 我能阐述一下中立的观点吗? |
[09:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:20] | If we have to go to court,we will,and we’ll embarrass your sorry ass. | 如果这件事必须要闹上法庭 肯定会 到时定会令阁下颜面尽失 |
[09:24] | My advice would be to take this girl back now | 我建议你能收回开除决定 |
[09:27] | so that we don’t have to sue you | 这样我们就不用起诉你了 |
[09:29] | and put the whole public school system on trial for raising a nation of idiots. | 也不用因为公立教育体系专门养白痴 而把它扯上法庭 |
[09:36] | Is that helpful? | 这个建议中肯吗? |
[09:41] | fine. | 好吧 |
[09:42] | Make me the bad guy. | 全都怪我吧 |
[09:44] | I try to help… | 我是想要帮忙的… |
[09:45] | yeah,by antagonizing him. | 没错 帮忙惹毛校长 |
[09:46] | I did not antagonize. I threatened. Okay? | 我没惹毛他 我只是威胁他好吗? |
[09:49] | – Everyone has a style. – Yeah,well,yours isn’t working. | – 每个人都有自己的方式 – 是的 不过你的可没起作用 |
[09:51] | She’s facing expulsion. | 她就要被开除了 |
[09:53] | – Why is she in public school anyway? – Oh,shut up. | – 她究竟为什么会在公立学校读书? – 哦 别说了 |
[09:56] | Sounds like it went well. | 听上去进展的不错 |
[09:57] | Yeah. Ask grammy. | 是的 问奶奶去吧 |
[10:01] | Shirley… um,this obviously sounds like a bad time,but… | Shirley… 呃 我知道现在不是时候 但是… |
[10:06] | but what? | 但是什么? |
[10:08] | I’m considering going back to new york. | 我在考虑调回纽约 |
[10:19] | I,uh… I don’t understand. | 我…我搞不明白了 |
[10:22] | Is it– is it something about me? | 是否…是否和我有关? |
[10:25] | No. | 不 |
[10:26] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[10:28] | Then… | 那么… |
[10:30] | I’m not doing anything here. | 我在这里无所作为 |
[10:34] | you brought me in to restore a little order in the litigation department. | 你带我来是为了整治这里的风气 |
[10:39] | Well,I’m failing,shirley,rather miserably,in fact. | 好吧 我失败了 Shirley 事实上还是惨败 |
[10:45] | In my very short tenure,we’ve represented clients | 在我短短的任期内 我们受理了各种案件 |
[10:48] | for cock fighting,bull fighting,solicitation of a female prostitute- | 有斗鸡的 有斗牛的 有召女妓的… |
[10:53] | that being a senior partner,solicitation of a male prostitute- | 那位资深合伙人 有召男妓的… |
[10:57] | the same senior partner who we also defended in a civil suit after he fired a fat girl | 同一位资深合伙人 我们还因他卷入了 一场解雇肥胖员工的民事诉讼 |
[11:02] | because he didn’t want to catch obesity. | 就因为他不想染上肥胖症 |
[11:06] | We routinely bring the most ridiculous of lawsuits. | 我们对受理荒谬案件已经习已为常了 |
[11:10] | Today we have one against the national guard. | 现在我们还要起诉国民警卫队 |
[11:12] | This is nuts. | 这太愚蠢了 |
[11:13] | And what’s the problem? | 有什么问题呢? |
[11:16] | I don’t know… how to manage this. | 我不知道…该怎样来管这个 |
[11:20] | What’s more,I don’t really think you want it managed. | 更重要的是 我不确定你是否想管 |
[11:24] | I think you like this… this whatever it is. | 我觉得你喜欢这个… 无论这个到底是什么 |
[11:30] | Can’t you just sort of… seize the day? | 你能不能就…及时行乐呢? |
[11:36] | If I can’t feel… | 如果我感受不到… |
[11:39] | like I’m bringing anything to what seems to be very much a party, | 自己有带东西去参加聚会 |
[11:44] | I’ll never be happy. | 我一定不会快乐 |
[11:48] | You bring a lot to me. | 你带给我很多东西 |
[11:54] | That’s not enough. | 这还不够 |
[11:59] | Well,I… I guess that says it all,doesn’t it? | 好吧 我… 我想这已经回答了一切 是吧? |
[12:18] | let me get this straight,you want me to enjoin a high school expulsion. | 我没理解错的话 你是想要我禁止 一条学校驱逐令 |
[12:24] | Yes,your honor,on the grounds that a harmless act of civil disobedience | 是的 法官阁下 根据是无害的非暴力反抗 |
[12:28] | shouldn’t warrant expulsion,certainly not in this case. | 不应遭受开除处罚 特别是在该案中 |
[12:31] | And suppose every kid wanted to hijack and shred tests, | 你是说每个孩子都该去抢卷子 并把它们撕碎 |
[12:35] | then scatter them over the principal’s office? | 然后撒满校长室? |
[12:37] | Well,I suspect most kids wouldn’t dare do that for fear of jeopardizing their college careers. | 因为怕危及大学生涯 大部分的孩子都不敢这么做 |
[12:42] | In fact,most kids are so desperate to get into college, | 事实上 大部分的孩子都十分渴望 能进入大学 |
[12:44] | they’re willing to completely forsake learning just to get there. | 为了能进大学 他们甚至愿意完全放弃学识 |
[12:49] | Ms. Hoffman,take the stand,please. | Hoffman小姐 请上证人席 |
[13:14] | is this how it’s going to be,katie? | 你准备一直这样吗 Katie? |
[13:17] | I have to lookver one shoulder for an ex-husband, | 我不但要提防自己的前夫 |
[13:19] | the other to see what you’re up to? | 还要时刻注意你的动向? |
[13:21] | Oh,I was just daydreaming. That’s all. | 哦 我刚才只是在做白日梦而已 |
[13:22] | Daydreaming,about what? | 白日梦 关于什么的? |
[13:24] | Well,my wedding day,if you must know. | 你一定要知道的话 是关于我婚礼的 |
[13:27] | Girls do that. | 女孩们的常事 |
[13:27] | What kind of ceremony,the dress,that sort of thing. | 婚礼的类型 服装的样子 等等 |
[13:30] | What was your dress like,lorraine? | 你的婚纱是什么样的 Lorraine? |
[13:32] | A lot of lace. | 有很多蕾丝 |
[13:34] | What color was it? | 什么颜色? |
[13:36] | I only ask because pakistani tradition would be a red dress, | 我这样问是因为 巴基斯坦的传统礼服是红色的 |
[13:39] | and since your husband is orthodox enough to believe in fatwas… | 既然你的丈夫非常正统 而且支持宗教裁决… |
[13:42] | did you wear red,lorraine? | 你穿的是红色吗 Lorraine? |
[13:52] | as water continued to pour in, | 随着洪水的不断涌入 |
[13:54] | 27 fire departments from 7 counties worked throughout the night with sandbags, | 7个县的27个消防部门 夜以继日的用沙袋来抵抗洪水 |
[13:58] | all to no avail as more than 33,000 people were displaced from either their homes or businesses, | 尽管如此 依然有超过33,000的群众 被迫放弃他们的住宅或事业 |
[14:04] | all of them angry,all singing the same refrain- | 他们都十分生气 全都反复质疑相同的问题… |
[14:07] | where was the national guard? | 国民警卫队在哪? |
[14:10] | We all know where they were. | 我们都知道答案 |
[14:11] | In iraq,fighting a war. | 他们在伊拉克 打仗 |
[14:12] | And in times of war,we make sacrifices,Mr. Shore. | 战时需要我们做出牺牲 Shore先生 |
[14:15] | Yes,but this military branch has domestic responsibilities as well,judge. | 是的 但是这个军事部门也有国内责任 法官大人 |
[14:19] | The governor declared a state of emergency,and they wereone. | 州长宣布进入紧急状态 他们却不见人影 |
[14:22] | And it isn’t just the troops that are in iraq,by the way, | 还有 留在了伊拉克的 不只是军队 |
[14:25] | but much of the national guard’s equipment as well. | 还有很多国民警卫队的装备 |
[14:27] | And what most people don’t know- | 人们不知道的是– |
[14:29] | we just leave it there. | 我们就扔在那儿 |
[14:30] | We don’t bring it back. | 不带回来了 |
[14:31] | – We’re in a state of– – war,yes. | – 我们在… – 打仗 是 |
[14:33] | We’re in a post “mission accomplished” surge that general petraeus says is going very well | 我们处于后”任务完成”的汹涌之中 Petraeus将军却说一切进展顺利 |
[14:38] | and that our president has assured us all the next president, | 总统向我们保证下任总统 |
[14:41] | good luck to him or her- | 祝他或她好运… |
[14:42] | might even figure a way out of- | 说不定能想出办法离开… |
[14:44] | all you do is bitch. | 你只会发牢骚 |
[14:46] | This time you’ve gone too far. | 这次你太过分了 |
[14:47] | You are just one minute away from a jail cell,Mr. Shore. | 你离进监狱只有一分钟之遥了 Shore先生 |
[14:50] | Uh,your honor,my point- | 法官大人 我的意思是… |
[14:53] | we’re nogetting services at home. | 国内没人管 |
[14:56] | The people in new orleans didn’t after katrina,my client didn’t here, | 新奥尔良遭卡特林娜飓风袭击后这样 我的委托人也是 |
[14:59] | and by the way,I don’t think I’m that much of a complainer given all there is to complain about- | 顺便提下 我不觉得我爱发牢骚 因为还有那么多可抱怨的 |
[15:03] | education,social security,inflation,unemployment,health care,homeland security,the war, | 教育 社保 通货膨胀 失业 医保 国土安全 战争 |
[15:09] | the fact that osama and britney keep pumping out new videos. | 奥萨马・本・拉登和布兰妮 整天出新的视频 |
[15:12] | There’s global warming. | 还有全球气候变暖 |
[15:13] | Nothing,nothing is going right,judge. | 没有 没有一件事在正轨上 法官 |
[15:14] | And you simply cannot put a positive spin on it | 无论援引Petraeus将军的话多少次 |
[15:17] | no matter how many tes you say general petraeus. | 都不可能乐观起来 |
[15:19] | 30 seconds from a jail cell. | 30秒 |
[15:21] | This war has cost us $450 billion and still counting. | 这场战争已经花费了4500亿美元了 而且费用还在继续上升 |
[15:26] | Add to that the afghanistan invasion,it goes up to $650 billion. | 再加上入侵阿富汗 共花了6500亿 |
[15:29] | Add all the indirect costs,it goes up to $2 trillion. | 再加上间接费用 总数达2万亿 |
[15:31] | 20 seconds! | 20秒! |
[15:32] | Let’s just consider what the $450 billion we’ve spent in iraq could buy us. | 咱们就只看看花在伊拉克的4500亿能干嘛 |
[15:37] | How about free health insurance for every uninsured family– $124 billion. | 给所有没投保的家庭投医保 – 1240亿 |
[15:42] | Convert every single car to run on ethanol–$68 billion. | 把所有汽车改造为靠乙醇做燃料 – 680亿 |
[15:48] | Primary education for every child on the planet– all of them– $30 billion. | 为地球上所有的孩子提供免费初等教育 所有的孩子 – 300亿 |
[15:52] | Hey,end hunger in america– $7 billion. | 还有 消灭美国的饥荒 – 70亿 |
[15:55] | You are not an accountant! | 你又不是会计! |
[15:56] | No,I’m a town crier,judge. | 我不是 我是个街头公告员 法官大人 |
[15:58] | We have to talk about the cost othis war in terms of human lives- | 我们必须以人命来衡量这场战争 |
[16:01] | it’s in the thousands. | 成千上万的人命 |
[16:02] | And by that I mean american soldiers since the pentagon doesn’t seem to count iraqis, | 我说的是美国士兵 既然五角大楼没把伊拉克人算进去 |
[16:06] | but that’s a small point. | 但那是个小问题 |
[16:07] | The actual cost is much,much more. | 实际的代价要大得多 |
[16:09] | Suing our government,suing a branch of the- | 在战时起诉政府 |
[16:12] | of the military in a time of war cannot help but add to it. | 起诉军事部门 代价不减反增 |
[16:15] | No. Your case against the national guard is dismissed. | 不行 驳回你对国民警卫队的起诉 |
[16:18] | The bailiff will take Mr. Shore and Mr. Crane into custody | 法警 拘留Shore先生和Crane先生 |
[16:20] | and lock them up for contempt of court and country. | 以蔑视法庭 蔑视国家为罪名关押他们 |
[16:28] | I’ve got my own. | 我自己带了 |
[16:30] | Those pinch. | 那些夹着疼 |
[16:35] | In england,in school with the british kids, | 在英格兰 跟英国孩子一起上学 |
[16:37] | I looked like a complete ignoramus. | 我看起来就像个白痴 |
[16:40] | Oh,my god. | 噢 老天 |
[16:42] | Uh,they knew more about everything than I did. | 什么东西 他们都知道得比我多 |
[16:44] | They knew my country’s history better. | 他们更了解我的祖国的历史 |
[16:47] | They could find places the m that I couldn’T. | 他们能在地图上找到的地方 我却找不到 |
[16:50] | And you blame your high school back home for this? | 你觉得是你高中母校的错? |
[16:52] | Well,I came back here and i started to do a little research. | 我回来之后 作了点小调查 |
[16:56] | Did you know there’s a study that found one-third of young adults in the U.S. | 你知道吗 有项研究表明 三分之一的年轻成年美国人 |
[16:59] | Can’t tell you which way northwest is? | 不知道西北是哪个方向 |
[17:02] | Okay,but let’s be fair. You can. | 噢 但公平点 你知道 |
[17:04] | Well,that’s not much of a consolation. | 这没什么好安慰的 |
[17:06] | Less than 40% of high school seniors can read proficiently. | 只有不到40%的高三学生能熟练地阅读 |
[17:09] | That’s pathetic. | 太可悲了 |
[17:11] | And these standardized tests– oh,my god. | 还有那些标准化考试– 老天 |
[17:13] | So you decided to shred them. | 所以你决定撕碎试卷 |
[17:16] | Eldridge cleaver said,”you’re either part of the solution,or part of the problem.” | Eldridge Cleaver说过”不是制造问题 就是解决问题” |
[17:21] | I learned that in england,by the way. | 顺便说下 这是在英格兰学到的 |
[17:25] | You committed a crime. | 你犯了罪 |
[17:27] | I took action to ensure my right to be provided a quality education, | 我采取行动 以保证我能受到高质量的教育 |
[17:31] | as promised by the massachusetts state constituon | 麻省宪法和1993年教育改革法 |
[17:34] | and the education reform act of 1993. | 赋予了我这个权力 |
[17:38] | Did they tell you to say that in england? | 英国人教导你要这么说话吗? |
[17:40] | No,they said claim executive privilege. | 不 他们说要求行使行政特权 |
[17:42] | The tests you shredded,young lady,are specifically designed, in part, | 你撕毁的试卷 年轻的女士 是设计于鉴别 |
[17:46] | to identify which schools need which improvements in which areas,the very goals that- | 哪些学校在哪些方面需要改进 其目的… |
[17:49] | judge,the data on these tests is so fudged. | 法官 测试的数据完全是胡编的 |
[17:53] | In mississippi,for example,the national test showed that only 18% of kids could read proficiently. | 例如 在密西西比 全国测试表明只有18%的孩子能熟练阅读 |
[17:59] | So what did they do? | 那他们怎么办呢? |
[18:00] | They made a special mississippi test that showed 89% were proficient, | 他们专门做了一个密西西比测试 表明89%能熟练阅读 |
[18:04] | and presto,they avoid sanctions from “no child left behind.” | 于是眨眼之间 逃掉了没完成”一个孩子不落下”的制裁 |
[18:08] | So the answer is shredding the tests. | 所以解决办法是撕毁试卷 |
[18:11] | If the choice comes down to teach the test or shred it, | 如果非得在宣扬和 撕毁试卷之间选一个 |
[18:15] | I vote shred it. Oh,my god. | 我选撕掉它 噢 老天 |
[18:25] | why is nobody coming for us? | 为什么没人来救我们? |
[18:28] | Where are our significant others? | 我们的”另一半”去哪了? |
[18:30] | Denny,we’re our significant others. | Denny 我们俩是彼此的另一半 |
[18:32] | Oh,yeah. | 哦 对啊 |
[18:37] | I didn’t like it when he said that all I do is bitch. | 我不喜欢他说我 “爱发牢骚” |
[18:40] | Well,you do complain a lot. | 你确实经常抱怨 |
[18:41] | But this wasn’t trivial,denny. | 但这不是鸡毛蒜皮 Denny |
[18:43] | I mean,think of it,this country is utterly ill-equipped to deal with national emergencies | 想想 这个国家完全没能力应对紧急事件 |
[18:47] | because we’re too busy imposing democracies elsewhere. | 只因为我们忙着在别处撒播民主 |
[18:50] | In katrina,a lot of experts could see it coming with those levees, and we didn’t do anything. | 卡特林娜飓风的时候 很多专家看到了 防洪堤的问题 但我们什么也没做 |
[18:55] | And when they broke,we couldn’t respond, | 于是决口的时候 我们手足无措 |
[18:57] | just like we lack the manpower to respond to the flood here. | 就像现在缺少人手应对这里的洪水一样 |
[19:00] | Isn’t there something wrong with that? | 难道就该这样吗? |
[19:01] | The roof’s leaking at home,and we’re reshingling abroad. | 连自己门前的雪都扫不干净 还在管他人瓦上的霜 |
[19:08] | oh,thank you,god. | 噢 太谢谢你了 上帝 |
[19:10] | Lorraine | Lorraine. |
[19:11] | I don’t want to be let out. Just let her in. | 我不想出去 快让她进来 |
[19:13] | Please. | 请开门 |
[19:17] | Be sure to lock it. | 锁好门 |
[19:19] | I need to talk to you in private. | 我需要私下跟你谈谈 |
[19:21] | Well,that could be difficult. | 这有难度 |
[19:22] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[19:23] | People talk like I’m not in the room all the time. | 人们说话的时候 总是当我透明 |
[19:24] | What I hear,I won’t remember. | 我左耳进 右耳出 |
[19:28] | It’s about my past. | 是我以前的事 |
[19:32] | My past. | 以”前”的事 |
[19:34] | You–you have a past? | 你有一个”前”? |
[19:36] | Denny,please. | Denny 拜托 |
[19:40] | katie.. whitney… the wagons are circling. | Katie.. Whitney… 她们在建立阵地 |
[19:46] | Katie tumbled to the idea that I was english,and now she’s- | Katie突然猜到我是英国人 现在她在… |
[19:48] | you’re english? | 你是英国人? |
[19:50] | Yes,denny. I am. | 是的 Denny 我是英国人 |
[19:52] | I suspect you find that rather exotic. | 你觉得这很有异国情调吧 |
[19:54] | Oh,I love the english. | 噢 我爱英国人 |
[19:56] | I had a thing with the queen once on top of a xerox machine. | 我曾经在复印机上跟女王(异装癖) 有过一段经历 |
[20:00] | She’s an animaL. | 她兽性十足啊 |
[20:02] | Ever since then,I’ve carried this around. | 打那时起 我就随身带着这张照片 |
[20:08] | She is out-of-her-mind happy there,trust me. | 她当时乐得都快疯了 相信我 |
[20:17] | Lorraine,what’s going on? | Lorraine 怎么回事? |
[20:18] | I first told katie I was married to a pakistani who put a fatwa on me, | 起初我告诉Katie我嫁了一个巴基斯坦人 他给我下了道追杀令 |
[20:22] | hence my need for secrecy. | 所以我需要保密 |
[20:23] | A fatwa? | 追杀令? |
[20:24] | I was trying to throw her off. She didn’t buy it. | 我想把她引开 她没上当 |
[20:26] | What the hell is she talking about? | 她在说什么? |
[20:32] | Denny,when lorraine was in her early 20s,she ran a business,a serve. | Denny Lorraine 20岁出头的时候 做过一阵子生意 服务类 |
[20:38] | She was known throughout england as “the piccadilly mam.” | 全英格兰都认识她 “皮卡迪利大街夫人” |
[20:42] | My dream come true… | 梦想成真啊… |
[20:44] | – you’re a hooker. – No. | – 你是个妓女 – 不是 |
[20:46] | She never performed services. | 她从未身体力行过 |
[20:48] | She just arranged for escorts. | 她只是安排陪护女郎 |
[20:50] | And katie knows? | Katie知道了? |
[20:51] | Not yet,but– I don’t know what to do. | 她还不知道 但是…我不知道该怎么办 |
[20:54] | It’s only a matter of time. | 只是个时间问题 |
[20:55] | She keeps saying I look familiar,she’s watching every– | 她不停地说 我看起来很面熟 她监视着我的一举一… |
[20:57] | a hooker with a fatwa. | 身背追杀令的妓女 |
[20:59] | Lorraine,you’ve always known this would eventually surface. | 你知道 Lorraine 纸包不住火 |
[21:03] | My advice would be to go forward to shirley schmidt now. | 我的建议是直接去找Shirley Schimdt |
[21:05] | You be the one to tell her. | 亲口告诉她 |
[21:07] | And then what? | 然后呢? |
[21:09] | I doubt very much they’ll have use for an associate who once ran a prostitution ring. | 我非常怀疑他们会想要一个 当过老鸨的律师 |
[21:13] | I would. | 我想 |
[21:14] | One thing about shirley,she surprises. | Shirley有个特点 她不落俗套 |
[21:16] | My bet is this is something you could live down. | 我想这个你不用担心 |
[21:18] | We’ve been bad,too. | 我们以前也是坏孩子 |
[21:21] | Do you have any of those nannies that spank? | 你有那种打屁股的保姆吗? |
[21:26] | You might not live it down today. | 这个人你就要担心了 |
[21:46] | hey. | 嗨 |
[21:47] | Hey. Come in. | 嗨 进来吧 |
[21:58] | I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said. | 你的话我想了很多 |
[22:02] | Carl… | Carl… |
[22:04] | your coming here to manage this place, | 你来这儿是为了管理 |
[22:07] | while not a pretext,I think we both know… | 尽管这不是个借口 但是我觉得我们俩都清楚… |
[22:12] | you’re mostly here because we wanted to be together. | 你来这儿主要是因为我们想在一起 |
[22:17] | Has that changed on your side? | 你改变主意了吗? |
[22:20] | No. | 没有 |
[22:22] | But,shirley,I can’t deny my… | 但是 Shirley 我不能否认… |
[22:26] | esteem is somewhat bound up in my… | 我的自尊受到… |
[22:29] | feeling of worth at my job. | 我工作的价值的影响 |
[22:31] | I’m not feeling… | 我觉得我不… |
[22:33] | I mean,the things that go on here are just… | 这儿的事情太… |
[22:37] | oh,carl,come on. | 噢 Carl 算了吧 |
[22:38] | Strip away the eccentricities,and at its core,this is just like any other firm. | 抛开那些怪事不谈 本质上来说 这间事务所和其它的没什么两样 |
[22:45] | I do apologize for intruding. | 不好意思打扰 |
[22:47] | Alan and denny have been incarcerated on contempt charges. | Alan和Denny因蔑视法庭被监禁 |
[22:50] | They wanted me to convey as much. | 他们想让我告诉你们下 |
[22:52] | They’re being heldindefinitely. | 他们被无限期拘留 |
[22:54] | Why are you speaking in that accent? | 你说话怎么有口音? |
[22:56] | Because I’m from england,shirley. | 因为我是英国人 Shirley |
[22:59] | I owned and operated a brothel during my late teens and early 20s. | 我20岁左右的时候 拥有并经营一家妓院 |
[23:03] | After being arrested,I reached a deal with the authorities | 被捕后 我跟当局达成协议 |
[23:05] | whereby I would not be prosecuted if I agreed to disappear. | 如果我同意消失的话 就不会被起诉 |
[23:08] | My clients included a member of the royal family | 我的客户包括皇室的一个成员 |
[23:11] | as well as several high-ranking members of parliament, | 还有议院里的几个高官 |
[23:14] | so no extradition is being sought. | 所以他们不会要求引渡 |
[23:16] | I assumed a new identity,moved to america | 我搬到了美国来 取了一个新名字 |
[23:19] | and attended law school as lorraine weller, | 以Lorraine Weller的名义上了法学院 |
[23:21] | which is now my legal name. | 这现在是我的合法姓名了 |
[23:26] | I tell you all of this in the spirit of no surprises. | 我并不想让你们大吃一惊 |
[23:30] | This is in the spirit of no surprises? | 不想让我们大吃一惊? |
[23:34] | Yeah,you know,I’m sorry,you were right,shirley. | 嗯 对不起 你是对的 Shirley |
[23:36] | Just like any other firm. | 和其它事务所没什么两样 |
[23:49] | People out there in our nation don’t have maps, | 我们有些同胞没有地图 |
[23:52] | and,uh,I believe that our I–education,like such as in south africa | 而且 呃 我相信我们的教育 跟南非的相似 |
[23:56] | and,uh,the iraq,everywhere like such as, | 还有 呃 伊拉克的 还有其它地方比如 |
[23:59] | and I believe that they should,uh… | 我相信他们应该 呃… |
[24:03] | our education over here in the U.S. Should help the U.S. | 我们美国这里的教育应该对美国有用 |
[24:07] | Or–or should help south africa, | 或者…或者应该能帮助南非 |
[24:09] | and it should help the iraq and the asian countries. | 伊拉克和其它亚洲国家 |
[24:13] | In that young woman’s defense,she’s actually quite intelligent. | 其实她非常聪明 |
[24:17] | She was just thrown by the question and got nervous. | 她被这道问题吓住了 紧张了 |
[24:20] | Yeah,I was thrown by the question,too. | 嗯 我也被这道题吓住了 |
[24:22] | A fifth of americans can’t find the united states on the map? Is that true? | 五分之一的美国人不能在地图上找到美国 这是真的吗? |
[24:27] | Objection. This witness works at the national geographic. She has no– | 反对 这位证人在国家地理杂志工作 她没有… |
[24:30] | the national geographic has done two studies to determine the geographic literacy of young americans. | 国家地理杂志开展了两项研究来断定 年轻美国人的地理文化程度 |
[24:36] | – Isn’t that right? – Yes. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[24:37] | Could you give us the results,please? | 能告诉我们结果吗? |
[24:40] | I sobbed,big heaving sobs,where your shoulders go up and down. | 我哭了 哭得很凶 哭得浑身直颤 |
[24:45] | Uh,the results of the test not your reaction to it. | 测试的结果 不是你的反应 |
[24:49] | Half cldn’t locate new york state on a U.S. Map. | 一半人不能在美国地图上找到纽约州 |
[24:53] | Even after katrina,one-third couldn’t show you louisiana. | 甚至在卡特林娜飓风之后 三分之一的人还不知道路易斯安那在哪儿 |
[24:56] | The pacific ocean? | 太平洋? |
[24:58] | Goose egg from 29%. | 29%得零蛋 |
[25:00] | The pacific ocean,for god sakes. | 太平洋啊 老天 |
[25:02] | And where’s japan? | 日本在哪里? |
[25:03] | 58% don’t know. | 58%的人不知道 |
[25:05] | England? Head-scratcher for 69%. | 英国? 69%的人挠头搔耳 |
[25:07] | Did you survey the geographic literacy of young adults in other countries? | 你们调查过 其它国家年轻人的地理文化程度吗? |
[25:11] | 加拿大 法国 德国 意大利 日本 墨西哥 瑞典 英国 | |
[25:17] | How’d we do comparatively? | 相比较而言 我们表现的怎么样? |
[25:20] | Second to last. | 倒数第二 |
[25:21] | we beat mexico. | 比墨西哥强 |
[25:24] | May I be excused? | 我可以走了吗? |
[25:26] | No,get a grip. | 不行 控制下你的情绪 |
[25:28] | Were any of the young americans surveyed products of a massachusetts public school? | 这些被抽到的年轻美国人 有在麻省公共学校上学的吗? |
[25:35] | no. | 没有 |
[25:45] | I’ve been thinking about how much I criticize the government. | 我在想我整天批评政府 |
[25:48] | Yet what do I do for the government? | 但是我为政府做过什么没有? |
[25:50] | Oh,alan,you’re a democrat. | 哦 Alan 你是民主主义者 |
[25:52] | You’re expected to complain and offer no solutions. | 你就应该干抱怨 不提解决方案 |
[25:57] | I’m gonna join the national guard. | 我要加入国民警卫队 |
[25:59] | Very funny. | 非常搞笑 |
[26:00] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[26:01] | I won’t contribute to the war effort, | 我不会为战争卖力 |
[26:02] | but there’s gotta be something else I can do. | 但肯定还有别的事可以做 |
[26:04] | Like what? | 比如? |
[26:05] | I don’t know,maybe help prevent somebody’s pizza parlor from being washed away. | 不知道 也许帮忙不让人家的 皮萨店被大水冲走 |
[26:18] | I’m letting you go for one consideration… | 一个条件 我就让你们走… |
[26:22] | that I never see you again. | 永远从我眼前消失 |
[26:25] | Ever. | 永远 |
[26:26] | We’ve decided to join the national guard. | 我们决定要加入国民警卫队 |
[26:29] | Are you in? | 你也来吗? |
[26:33] | Come on,denny. | 走吧 Denny |
[26:36] | “Ask not what your country can do for you.” | “不要问国家能为你做什么” |
[26:39] | Think they’ll let me shoot somebody? | 他们会让我开枪打别人吗? |
[26:41] | I don’t see why not. | 我看不出有反对的理由 |
[26:51] | – I’m sorry,but I’m afraid neither of you can join. – Why not? | – 对不起 但是恐怕你们俩都不能加入 – 为什么? |
[26:55] | Well,the maximum age is 42. I’m very sorry. | 年龄上限是42岁 对不起 |
[26:58] | But thank you for thinking of your country. | 但是感谢你们心中想着国家 |
[27:00] | 42? Why? | 42岁? 为什么? |
[27:01] | Well,that’s just the way it is,sir. | 就是这么规定的 先生 |
[27:03] | But thank you for thinking of your country. | 但是感谢你们心中想着国家 |
[27:04] | That’s just the way it iS. | 就是这么规定的 |
[27:05] | That should be the way it isn’T. | 不应该这么规定 |
[27:07] | We both have skills. | 我们有技能 |
[27:08] | We have a lot to offer. | 我们能起很大作用 |
[27:09] | I’m sorry,sir. But thank you– | 对不起 先生 但是感谢你们… |
[27:11] | never mind that the army is deplete for god sake, | 别操心军队缺战士 |
[27:13] | you’re completely out of bodies. | 你们也缺人手 |
[27:14] | We’re able bodies. | 我们是够格的人手 |
[27:16] | We’re still strongnd fit. | 我们强壮 健康 |
[27:18] | My ass hasn’t even dropped. | 我的屁股还很坚挺呢 |
[27:21] | You can volunteer with the V.A. | 你们可以去退役军人事务部当志愿者 |
[27:23] | They have,uh,many programs that work with us on disaster relief. | 他们有项目跟我们合作 灾难善后救济 |
[27:27] | I would the recommend the U.S.O. | 我推荐联合服务组织 |
[27:29] | The U.S.O.? | 联合服务组织? |
[27:29] | They just sing and dance and tell jokes,don’t they? | 除了唱歌跳舞讲笑话 他们还干什么? |
[27:33] | They do a lot more than that,sir. | 他们做的比那多得多 先生 |
[27:34] | – But thank you for think- – okay,first of all–and please don’t thank us anymore- | – 但是感谢你们心中- – 好 第一 别再感谢我们 |
[27:37] | your age limits are obsolete. | 这个年龄上限早就过时了 |
[27:39] | Doctors today have developed “real age” assessment tools | 如今医生们发明了一种 “实际年龄”的估计方法 |
[27:43] | that prove people can be much younger than the years reflected on their birth certificate. | 证明人们比出生证明上标明的 年轻得多 |
[27:46] | We exercise,we get a lot of fiber,we have sex. | 我们坚持锻炼 摄入很多纤维素 做爱 |
[27:50] | A lot of sex. | 很多性爱 |
[27:51] | Things have changed. | 世道变了 |
[27:52] | Chris chelios is 45. | Chris Chelios 45岁了 |
[27:54] | He’s an all-star defenseman in the national hockey league. | 他是国家冰球联盟的全明星防守队员 |
[27:57] | Are you saying you’d turn him down? | 你能说不要他吗? |
[27:58] | Roger clemens– he wouldn’t qualify? | Roger Clemens–他不够格吗? (美国大联盟著名投手) |
[28:00] | He’s a traitor. | 他是个叛徒 |
[28:03] | Well,okay. I mean physically,denny. | 好吧 Denny 我是说身体素质 |
[28:05] | I’m sorry,but thank you for thinking of your c– | 抱歉 非常感谢你们能… |
[28:08] | now stop it. You need men. | 得了吧 你们需要人手 |
[28:10] | We could take steroids. | 我们可以注射类固醇 |
[28:13] | Are you seriously telling us there’s nothing we can contribute? | 你不是真的说我们一无是处吧? |
[28:16] | We can’t drive a plow in a snowstorm? | 我们不能在暴风雪中开铲雪机吗? |
[28:18] | Well,perhaps you can help recruit soldiers for the national guard. | 也许你们能帮忙为国家警卫队招募新兵 |
[28:21] | – We don’t want to recruit. – We want to shoot people. | – 我们可不想去征兵 – 让我们去射杀敌人 |
[28:23] | – Ll,I don’t want to shoot anybody. – I want to shoot people. | – 我可不想射杀谁 – 我想啊 |
[28:24] | But I can perform services,some- | 但是我可以做服务性工作 有些… |
[28:26] | – the maximum age is 42 unless you’ve got previous military service. – I do. | – 最高年龄上限是42岁 除非你以前曾服役过 – 我就是 |
[28:31] | And even then,75 is too old. | 即便如此 75岁也太老了 |
[28:34] | Look… I’ve tried being nice,I’ve thanked you. | 你瞧 我已尽量对你们态度好些 也表示过感谢 |
[28:39] | Now I need you to leave. | 现在请你们离开吧 |
[28:42] | And if we don’t? | 如果我们不走呢? |
[28:45] | What,you’re gonna call in your last troop to remove us? | 怎样 你要召集最后一队兵 来赶我们走吗? |
[28:48] | I’ll have you arrested. | 我会拘捕你 |
[28:52] | come on,alan. | 走吧 Alan |
[28:55] | Let’s go to canada | 我们去加拿大吧 |
[29:05] | we all wish our public schools were better. | 我们都希望自己的公立学校能好些 |
[29:07] | Personally,I’m a math teacher in addition to being a principal. | 就我个人而言 我是数学老师也是校长 |
[29:11] | Math is very dear to me. | 数学对我很重要 |
[29:13] | And? | 还有呢? |
[29:14] | Well,U.S. Students scored lower in math than those in france,germany,japan,canada. | 美国学生的数学分数比 法国 德国 日本 加拿大的要低 |
[29:20] | But I will say,the massachusetts ’06 graduating class | 但是我要说 马萨诸塞州06界毕业班 |
[29:24] | posted the highest A.C.T.Math scores of any state. | 在美国大学入学考试中 的数学分数比其他州都要高 |
[29:27] | And our state graduation rate far exceeds the national average. | 而且 我们州的毕业率 远远超过全国平均水平 |
[29:31] | You heard her say she felt behind theids in england. | 她说在英国 她比别的孩子成绩要差 |
[29:34] | England has problems,too. | 英国也有问题 |
[29:36] | Researchers found that half the teenagers in england thought there were about a hundred members of parliament. | 研究人员发现英国 半数以上青少年认为国会议员有100人 |
[29:42] | Those kids are about 500 off for the house of commons alone. | 那些孩子少算了下议院的500人 |
[29:47] | England isn’t all get-out. | 英国也有问题 |
[29:50] | So where do your own kids go? | 那么你自己的孩子在哪里读书? |
[29:52] | The groton academy. | Groton学院 |
[29:54] | That’s a private school. | 那是所私立学校 |
[29:55] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:58] | Look,I’m not going to sit here and deny that our public schools have probleMs. | 听着 我并不打算坐在这里 否认我们公立学校存在的问题 |
[30:02] | But that doesn’t give her the right to shred tests. | 但这不代表她有权利撕毁试卷 |
[30:05] | Do you believe in these standardized tests? | 你相信这些水平测试吗? |
[30:08] | Not really. | 不怎么信 |
[30:09] | But you use them all the same. | 但是你还是用了 |
[30:11] | I don’t really have a choice, | 我别无选择 |
[30:14] | not if we want to have any kind of federal funding. | 如果不是我们需要联邦经费 |
[30:16] | Ah,the money. | 是啊 金钱 |
[30:18] | why stick to your values when there’s cash at stake? | 经济危机的时候干吗还要坚持原则? |
[30:20] | Hey,do you want my job? | 嘿 你想做我的工作吗? |
[30:21] | You make it sound hard. | 听你说的挺困难的 |
[30:23] | No,uh,no,it’s not hard at all. | 不 不 根本不难 |
[30:25] | I’ve got veteran teachers retiring, | 有经验的老教师都退休了 |
[30:27] | younger teachers jumping ship by the droves, | 年轻教师都被挖走了 |
[30:29] | no one to put in their place. | 没人来补缺 |
[30:31] | I can’t pay them. | 我付不起他们薪水 |
[30:32] | So basically you’re failing as a principal. | 这么说来 你是个失败的校长 |
[30:34] | I’m failing? | 我失败? |
[30:35] | Yes,you just admitted that. | 是的 你刚承认了那一点 |
[30:37] | Do you know what the teacher attrition rate costs this country annually? | 你知道 我们国家每年 教师的消耗费用是多少吗? |
[30:40] | – $7 billion. – Here we go. | – 70亿美元 – 现在知道了 |
[30:42] | Meanwhile,we waste $600 million on these assessment exams | 同时 我们花费6亿美元在这些评估测试上 |
[30:46] | to prove our annual yearly progress to the “no child left behind nazis | 以此检验每年 “一个孩子不落下”法案的年度进展 |
[30:50] | so they won’t sanction us or fire us. | 这样他们才不会制裁或是解雇我们 |
[30:53] | Give me the $7 billion that goes down the toilet, | 把浪费掉的70亿美元给我 |
[30:55] | – Jason– – and maybe I can make better schools. | – 也许我就能把学校办好了 – Jason– |
[30:57] | better yet,how about the federal government actually coming through with some of the funds they promised the states | 还有 不如让联邦政府把他们 允诺民众的资金捐出来一部分 |
[31:02] | to put their “no child left behind” mandates in place? | 把他们”一个孩子不落下” 的法案落到实处 |
[31:05] | – Jason– – yeah,but I’m the one that’s a failure. | – 没错 我是那个失败者 – Jason– |
[31:07] | Yeah,no. It– it’s the principals. | 不 是…是校长 |
[31:08] | Jason! | Jason! |
[31:16] | So what do they plan to do now? | 那么他们现在打算怎么办? |
[31:18] | I have no idea. I was never charged with a crime, | 我不知道 我从未被当作罪犯起诉 |
[31:20] | but I’m sure I violated some morals clause. | 但我肯定是违反了一些道德条款 |
[31:24] | Plus,I’m an at-will employee, so… | 此外 我还是临时雇员 所以… |
[31:26] | I’m so sorry,lorraine. I never intended for you to lose your job. | 抱歉 我没想让你丢掉饭碗 |
[31:29] | – I just… – knew something was up. | – 我只是… – 知道出事了 |
[31:33] | Katie,still looking for something to do? | Katie 还在无所事事吗? |
[31:36] | An idle brain’s the devil’s playground. | 一闲生百邪啊 |
[31:38] | Am I right,lorraine? | 我说的没错吧 Lorraine? |
[31:42] | What part of “I never want to see you again” did you not understand? | “我再也不想见到你了” 这句话你是哪里不明白? |
[31:45] | Uh,no,your honor. We’re here for something else entirely. | 呃…不 法官大人 我们这次是为了别的事情 |
[31:48] | After you inspired us to do something, | 在你鼓励我们去做点别的事情之后 |
[31:50] | we went to the national guard to join up, and they turned us down. | 我们去国民警卫队参军 但是被他们拒绝 |
[31:53] | So now I’m here to bitch about that. | 所以我要来牢骚这个 |
[31:55] | You’re too old for the national guard. | 参加国民警卫队 你们太老了 |
[31:57] | Maybe for combat,but surely there must be other ways we can contribute. | 打架的话 也许是 但肯定有其他方式能我们报效国家 |
[32:01] | And even if we were of age, | 即使是因为我们年龄大了 |
[32:02] | it turns out you can only join the national guard if you’re willing to be deployed in the war. | 但事实是 你只有在愿意参战前提下 才可以参加国民警卫队 |
[32:07] | Apparently they don’t allow you to enlist only to serve domestically. | 如果你参军只是为服务国内 他们就不允许了 |
[32:10] | Well,there’s a reason for that. | 这么做是有原因的 |
[32:12] | If people had the choice to serve domestically,they’d do so, | 如果人们可以选择服务国内 那他们就会这么选了 |
[32:15] | in which case,we’d lose our backdoor draft and not have enough poor people to fight our war. | 这样我们就会失去充足的后防军备 而且没有人为国家而战 |
[32:19] | Yes,even so,the national guardis utterly depleted,and here we are,ready,willing and able. | 是的 尽管如此 国民警卫队仍人员缺乏 而我们已经做好充分准备 |
[32:25] | Uh,denny crane and alan shore reporting for duty,sir,ready to serve our country. | Denny Crane和Alan Shore 前来报到 先生 准备报效国家 |
[32:30] | Oh,for god sake. | 哦 看在上帝的份上 |
[32:31] | Look,I agree. It seems stupid that in a time when we’re desperate for more troops, | 虽然我也同意 在部队紧缺的情况下 似乎不太明智 |
[32:35] | we’re excluding people on age or sexual orientation | 我们因为年龄或是 性别定位而拒人于门外 |
[32:38] | or reasons that have nothing to do with job performance. | 或是与工作无关的原因 |
[32:42] | It even seems… | 甚至有些… |
[32:46] | you can say it. | 你可以说的 |
[32:47] | Outrageous. | 蛮横无理 |
[32:48] | But a superior court judge cannot set military policy. | 但是高等法院的法官无法订立军事政策 |
[32:52] | I admire your motives,Mr. Shore. | Shore先生 我敬佩你的动机 |
[32:55] | But this case is dismissed,too. | 但是这个案子同样被驳回 |
[32:57] | There’s always the boy scouts, | 还有…童子军啊 |
[33:00] | though I expect you’d have to be young and straight to get in there,too. | 但是 我认为你们也得 年轻而正直才能参加 |
[33:05] | So we can’t serve our country? | 那么我们不能报效国家了? |
[33:09] | Our country doesn’t want us. | 国家不需要我们 |
[33:23] | Marlena Hoffman trespass,destroyed property,shredded tests. | 违法侵入 破坏财产 撕毁试卷 Marlena hoffman committed a |
[33:28] | Of course the school appropriately expelled her. | 学校当然可以开除她 |
[33:30] | This was not an exercise in free speech. | 这不是言论自由的实践 |
[33:33] | It was an act of vandalism. | 而是故意破坏的行为 |
[33:35] | Uh,imagine the anarchy we’d see if they didn’t expel her. | 设想一下 如果我们不开除她 会引起怎样的混乱 |
[33:40] | We love anarchy. | 我们喜欢混乱 |
[33:42] | American history started with the revolution, | 美国历史始于革命 |
[33:44] | and let’s not forget the boston tea party. | 我们不应忘记波士顿茶叶事件 |
[33:47] | Is there potential for abuses? | 这是否存在弊端? |
[33:49] | Of course. We’ve seen it. | 当然 我们看到了 |
[33:50] | But we’re bouncing this girl for shredding tests? | 但是我们因为 这个女孩撕毁试卷就暴跳如雷? |
[33:53] | Tests which are printed in tremendous bulk,by the way. | 顺便说一句 这试卷是批量印刷 |
[33:58] | I-I might argue harmless error. | 我可以反驳其无害过失 |
[34:00] | You’re actually defending her act,counsel? | 你真的在为她辩护吗 辩方律师? |
[34:02] | No,judge. I am not. | 不 法官大人 我没有 |
[34:04] | She took it too far. | 她做的太过分了 |
[34:05] | But so is the school taking it too far with this expulsion. | |
[34:10] | Your honor,it is indisputable that our educational system is in trouble. | 法官大人 很显然 我们的教育制度存在着问题 |
[34:14] | 34% of fourth graders cannot read at a basic level– | 34% 的四年级学生 无法按基础水平进行阅读 |
[34:18] | this in the united states. | 这可是在美国 |
[34:20] | What is happening to this country? | 这个国家怎么了? |
[34:21] | It’s not enough to wonder,where have all the teachers gone? | 不是疑惑 老师都哪儿去了? |
[34:24] | But where are they coming from? | 而是他们都是哪儿来的? |
[34:27] | This “no child left behind” act,we’ve got to get rid of it. | 这个”一个孩子不落下”法案 该予以废除了 |
[34:31] | It’s leaving our kids behind. | 它使我们的孩子落在后面 |
[34:35] | Marlena hoffman destroyed school property. | Marlena Hoffman 破坏学校财产 |
[34:38] | She committed an act of vandalism. | 她承认其破坏行为 |
[34:41] | But she also engaged in one of the noblest,most historically acceptable forms of patriotism– protest. | 但是她同样以最高贵 历史方式 及最适当形式的爱国精神–抗议 |
[34:50] | In a day of unparalleled student apathy, | 在学生们空前缺乏学习兴趣的今天 |
[34:53] | where undergrads either don care or have simply given up, | 大学生毫不在乎或是随意放弃的今天 |
[34:57] | this is not the kid we should be kicking out. | 我们不应该开除这孩子 |
[35:11] | Here’s an idea that’s being kicked around. | 这儿有一条最新消息 |
[35:13] | “The rapid response reserve corps”– it’ll focus on disaster relief. | “快速响应预备队”– 致力于灾难救济 |
[35:17] | – This could be exactly what we’re– – no,I already saw that. | – 这就是我们… – 不 我已经看过那个 |
[35:20] | It says you have to be retired military or national guard personnel. | 上面说 需要是 军队或是国民警卫队退休人员 |
[35:24] | I’m retired military. | 我是军队退休的 |
[35:26] | – Do we get to shoot people? – No. | – 可以射杀人的吗? – 不行 |
[35:28] | Keep l looking. | 继续找吧 |
[35:29] | Uh,what about the red cross? | 红十字会怎么样? |
[35:31] | Hate needles. | 讨厌打针 |
[35:32] | Or the peace corps? | 或者和平部队? |
[35:33] | Pro-peace. | 伪和平 |
[35:34] | You know,I can’t get over the irony. | 我改不掉讽刺的口吻 |
[35:36] | A long time ago,I was with irley schmidt, | 很久以前 我和Shirley Schmidt一起 |
[35:39] | and now I’m old enough to be with her granddaughter. | 现在我已经老到 可以跟她孙女一起了 |
[35:42] | Oh,my god. You are,like,too ick for words. | 哦 天哪 你说话好恶心 |
[35:46] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了? |
[35:47] | We’re researching what military branch to join. | 我们在研究参加军队的哪个部队 |
[35:49] | They want to be one of the few,the proud,the old. | 他们想成为那些 为数不多 自豪而年老的一员 |
[35:53] | I got it. I got it. | 找到了 找到了 |
[35:54] | “United states coast guard auxiliary,” | “美国海岸警卫队后备” |
[35:56] | a volunteer component of the coast guard,no age limit. | 海岸警卫队志愿人员 没有年龄限制 |
[35:59] | – Guns? – Probably depth charges,denny. | – 有枪吗? – Denny 可能有深水炸弹 |
[36:01] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[36:04] | I get seasick,but whatever. | 我晕船 不过不管了 |
[36:10] | Wh-where are they off to? | 他们要去哪儿? |
[36:11] | They’ve gone to join the coast guard. | 他们去参加海岸警卫队 |
[36:14] | Happens at a lot of firMs. | 很多事务所都会这样 |
[36:16] | Got a second? | 有时间吗? |
[36:28] | okay. | 好吧 |
[36:29] | Not withstanding what appears to be a prostitution theme and the occasional associate… | 尽管 事务所似乎成为娼妓事件主角… |
[36:36] | turning out to be a fugitive from a foreign country and, | 临时的同事成为了外国逃亡人士 |
[36:39] | well,name partners dashing off to join the coast guard… | 还有命名合伙人跑去参加海岸警卫队… |
[36:43] | if you look behind most of the lunacy that goes on in this place, | 如果你回顾一下这里大部分的精神失常者 |
[36:48] | you’ll, more times than not, find sometng else… | 你总会从中发现一些别的东西… |
[36:53] | an idea or a question,one that’s worth exploring or debating. | 一个想法或是一个问题 值得探索或是辩论 |
[36:59] | I’m not claiming a method to all our madness, | 我不是在为这些疯狂举动找借口 |
[37:02] | but… an idea,carl… that is something. | 但是…一个想法 Carl 这很了不起 |
[37:09] | I… think I know that. | 我想…我知道了 |
[37:13] | You think you know that. | 你…你知道这点 |
[37:16] | Then why… | 那么为什么… |
[37:20] | I… I’m starting to… like it here. | 我开始…喜欢这里了 |
[37:25] | That really scares me. | 这真的吓着我了 |
[37:28] | W-well,what about me? | 那我呢? |
[37:31] | Given… how much I’m falling in love with you, | 倘若 我有多么爱你 |
[37:36] | combined with your history of going through men like tic tacs, | 比起你在男人身边朝三暮四的过去 |
[37:41] | that scares me,too. | 同样也吓着我了 |
[37:46] | Carl,I-I know you’ve never before done what I’m about to k you to do, | Carl 我知道你永远不会按我要求的去做 |
[37:51] | but can you just go with it? | 但是你能释怀吗? |
[37:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[37:59] | Can you try? | 你能试试吗? |
[38:01] | Yes. I guess… I can try. | 是的 我想…我可以试试 |
[38:15] | okay,so gross. | 好吧 太尴尬了 |
[38:18] | Uh,the judge just called us back. | 呃…法官叫我们回去 |
[38:25] | I certainly believe any school has the right to expel a student who destroys school property. | 我当然相信任何学校 都有权利开除破坏学校财产的学生 |
[38:32] | But shredding a test,let’s ce it,we’re not talking about a lot of vandalism here. | 但是撕毁试卷 我们得承认 这不是在探讨破坏行为 |
[38:37] | There’s a lot more where these came from. | 更多的是事情的起因 |
[38:39] | And the controversy surrounding the efficacy of these tests is– | 围绕着这个测试功效的辩论… |
[38:43] | oh,my god. I totally feel it swinging my way. | 哦 天哪 我觉着胜利在向我挥手 |
[38:47] | Can I finish? | 能让我说完吗? |
[38:49] | Ms. Hoffman,you have my admiration for caring. | Hoffman小姐 你赢得了我同情的赞赏 |
[38:53] | But you also deserve punishment for how you demonstrated your concern. | 但你同样应为表达忧虑的示威行为 而受到惩罚 |
[38:58] | I find a suspension is warranted. | 予以暂时停学处分 |
[39:00] | An expulsion is not. | 不得开除 |
[39:02] | and we’re adjourned. | 现在休庭 |
[39:04] | Yes! Yes! | 太棒了! 太棒了! |
[39:06] | Oh,thank you,grammy,so much. | 谢谢你 奶奶 非常感谢 |
[39:08] | Oh,you’re welcome,marlena. | 不客气 Marlena |
[39:11] | You know,um,I read this study. | 知道吗 我看过这样的文章 |
[39:13] | People actually get kind of a-a buzz from being a benefactor, | 事实上 人们作为施助者而感到开心 |
[39:17] | like it actually makes them want to do more for the person they just helped. | 这使他们想要为 帮助过的人做更多的事情 |
[39:22] | How weird is that? | 奇怪吧? |
[39:23] | Anyway… could I have an afterschool job? | 总之…我能做课外兼职吗? |
[39:28] | Wouldn’t it just be awesome to have me around every day? | 有我在身边的每一天 不是很棒吗? |
[39:32] | T-totally. | 没错 |
[39:34] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[39:46] | You know… it’s against coast guard policy to drink while in uniform. | 知道吗 穿着制服喝酒 是违反海岸警卫队的规定 |
[39:54] | Denny,these aren’t real. We rented them at the costume shop. | Denny 这又不是真的 我们在制服店租的 |
[39:57] | Even so,if we don’t behave ourselves,we’ll never pass the background check. | 尽管如此 如果我们不检点行为 就无法通过政审 |
[40:02] | we’ll get in. | 我们会通过的 |
[40:04] | You and I were meant for the coast guard. | 我们天生就是做海岸警卫队的 |
[40:08] | Oh,we’re gonna be in the military. | 我们要进军队了 |
[40:10] | Already my penis feels bigger. | 我都开始兴奋了 |
[40:13] | You know,you would think with everything going wrong these days volunteerism would be down in this country, | 你也许觉得最近的事情都不对劲 这个国家的志愿主义都落伍了 |
[40:17] | but it’s actually up,way up. | 但事实上他们进步了 远远在前 |
[40:19] | Well,of course it is. | 当然是的 |
[40:20] | That’s the beauty of incompetent government. | 这就是不合格政府的魅力所在 |
[40:22] | people know they have to fend for themselves. | 人们知道要为自己而奋斗 |
[40:25] | That was his plan all along. | 那一直都是他的计划 |
[40:26] | He hatched it with rove. | 他策划好的 |
[40:27] | That was bush’s plan? | 那是布什的计划? |
[40:28] | Damn right. | 没错 |
[40:29] | He’s a lot smarter than people give him credit for. | 他其实很聪明 |
[40:32] | Act like an idiot for eight years,then people step up and volunteer. | 装傻充愣了8年 然后人们开始自愿参军 |
[40:36] | It’s brilliant. | 太聪明了 |
[40:37] | He didn’t need to send us to war. | 他不用去挑起战争的 |
[40:38] | I was convinced enough with the way he spoke the english language. | 光听他说英语的 那副腔调就够受的了 |
[40:41] | Oh,alan. Alan,alan,alan. | 哦 Alan Alan |
[40:44] | You need to look at the big picture he. | 你得从全局着想 |
[40:46] | Which ? | 什么? |
[40:47] | How do you nuke iran and iraq without starting a world war? | 如果不发动战争 怎样对伊朗和伊拉克实施核打击? |
[40:51] | You claim it was an accident. | 声称这是个意外 |
[40:53] | who else but george W. Could pull that off? | 除了布什还有谁会这么说? |
[40:56] | – Except maybe me. – You? | – 也许 除了我 – 你? |
[40:58] | Yeah,I would claim it was the,uh,mad cow. | 是啊 我会声称是疯牛病 |
[41:01] | Denny,if you were president,seriously,you would nuke iraq and iran? | Denny 如果你是总统 说真的 你会核打击伊朗和伊拉克吗? |
[41:04] | Before breakfast. | 前奏而已 |
[41:05] | – Then what,north korea? – Okay. | – 然后呢 朝鲜? – 好的 |
[41:07] | – Pakistan? – Why not? | – 巴基斯坦? – 何乐而不为呢? |
[41:08] | – Afghanistan? – If there’s time. | – 阿富汗? – 如果有时间的话 |
[41:11] | this is the uniform talking. | 这只是制服作怪 |
[41:13] | You wouldn’t blow up anybody. | 你不会炸飞任何人的 |
[41:15] | Oh,really? | 哦 是吗? |
[41:16] | No. You’re all talk. | 才不会 你光说空话 |
[41:17] | Under all your bravado,you’re a nice guy with a big heart. | 虚张声势 你只是个…心胸宽广的好人 |
[41:23] | Women love men in uniform. | 女人喜欢穿制服男人 |
[41:26] | Imagine being denny crane and in uniform. | 想象一下Denny Crane穿制服的样子 |
[41:29] | There goes my penis again. | 我又开始兴奋了 |
[41:32] | every time I think that life can’t get any better… | 每次当我觉得生活不会比这更好了… |
[41:36] | we’re in the military,we have an in-house hooker. | 我们要进军队了 还有自己的妓女 |
[41:38] | She’s not a hooker. | 她不是妓女 |
[41:39] | With a fajita,you say? | Fajita裁决 像你说的? |
[41:40] | Fatwa,and that was made up. | 宗教裁决 而且那是编的 |
[41:43] | Denny,if they try to fire lorraine,you need to stand up for her. | Denny 如果他们要 解雇Lorraine 你要替她说话 |
[41:46] | She could be in for some trouble. | 她可能会有麻烦的 |
[41:47] | Well,I’ll stand up for her if she’ll lie down for me. | 好吧 如果她跟我上床 我就帮她说话 |
[41:50] | You and I need to consider the less fortunate. | 咱们得多关心一下不幸的人 |
[41:52] | Look how good life has been to us. | 瞧我们生活多滋润啊 |
[41:54] | Yeah. So good. | 是啊 太好了 |
[41:58] | I need a tank. | 我需要一辆坦克 |
[42:00] | do you think they’ll issue me a tank? | 你想他们会分给我一辆坦克吗? |
[42:02] | I don’t think the coast guard has tanks. | 海岸警卫队可不会有坦克吧 |
[42:05] | I’d look good in one. Admit it. | 我开着肯定帅气 承认吧 |
[42:07] | Oh,my god. The image of it– denny crane in a tank. | 哦 天哪 想象一下– Denny Crane 开着辆坦克 |