时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | previously on boston legal | |
[00:02] | We’re letting you go. | 你被解雇了 |
[00:03] | -Why? -You’re fat. | – 为什么? – 你太胖了 |
[00:04] | So if I was thin,I. I’d still have my job? | 如果我身材没问题 我… 我就不会被解雇? |
[00:06] | If you were thin,I’d probably try and have sex with you. | 要是你身材好 我或许会和你上床 |
[00:08] | Wait,no,whoa,whoa,whoa. | 等一下 喂 喂 喂 |
[00:09] | I’ve been damaged. We’ll see you all in court. | 我受到了伤害 我们法庭上见吧 |
[00:11] | She’s not coming back to a firm of fat bigots. | 她不会回到一家歧视肥胖的事务所去 |
[00:14] | Are you this hostile in bed? | 你在床上也这么凶悍吗? |
[00:15] | Keep talking,Mr. Crane. All I hear is ca-ching,ca-ching,ca-ching. | 别停 Crane先生 我只听到 钱叮咚 叮咚的掉进口袋 |
[00:18] | You’re fat. | 你很胖 |
[00:19] | Off you go now. Take the man-eater with you. | 请带着你的食人魔朋友一起走 |
[00:21] | My name is leigh swift. | 我的名字是leigh swift |
[00:22] | And I am here today in hopes of securing legal counsel. | 今天我来是想咨询下法律问题 |
[00:25] | -Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 -Hello. |
[00:27] | Would you like to get a drink with me? | 想和我一起喝一杯吗? |
[00:40] | Jerry | jerry,come on. |
[00:41] | You need to keep reminding yourself that this is a good thing. | 你别忘记这是件好事 |
[00:43] | No,it’s not. | 才不是 |
[00:44] | Jerry | Jerry. |
[00:45] | Please don’t use my name. | 请别叫我的名字 |
[00:46] | Jerry Espenson When you say my name,it reminds me who I am,which is jerry espenson, | 你一叫我名字 我就想起自己是 |
[00:49] | which is not a good thing to be at all in this situation. | 他面对这种情况会束手无策 |
[00:51] | Okay,first,stop pacing. It’s driving me. | 你先别来回走了 这使我… |
[00:53] | stay! | 站住! |
[00:56] | you’ve had two wonderful dates. | 你有过两次愉快的约会 |
[00:59] | and we all know what’s supposed to happen on the third date after two wonderful dates,don’t we? | 我们都知道第三次约会如何 不是吗? |
[01:03] | You’ve really never kissed a wan? | 真的从来没和女人接吻过? |
[01:06] | Not a real one. | 假的倒是有过 |
[01:07] | Well,it’s actually quite simple. | 这其实很简单 |
[01:09] | You just move your head towards hers until your lips touch. | 你只要把头向对方伸过去 直到碰到嘴唇 |
[01:15] | Well,what about the tongue business? What am I supposed to do about that? | 那舌头呢? 这我该怎么做? |
[01:19] | you just sort of. | 你只要… |
[01:20] | slip it in and,you know,move it around a little. | 把它滑进去 饶几个圈 |
[01:25] | Oh,well. Shouldn’t you just write the book? | 你干吗不去出书? |
[01:27] | Jerry,the thing about a first kiss, | Jerry 第一次和对方接吻时 |
[01:30] | the combination of the psychological and physical stimuli can be overwhelming. | 生理及心理上的刺激混合起来 使你难以招架 |
[01:34] | It’s best to separate the two. | 最好是能把两者分开 |
[01:36] | That would be helpful if I had any idea what you said. | 说的我一头雾水 |
[01:38] | Look. | 看着 |
[01:40] | you’re standing at the door with your date. | 你和你女友站在门口 |
[01:41] | – Lorraine -Lorraine. -alan,please. | – Alan 配合下 |
[01:45] | You look into her eyes,you hold each other’s gaze. | 看着她的眼睛 你们互相凝视 |
[01:50] | You’re essentially kissing now. | 从本质上说 你们已经在接吻了 |
[01:52] | Not physically,but you’re both saying with eye contact how much you long for the taste of each other’s lips. | 虽然身体还未接触 但你们双方都已 在用目光告诉对方自己有多渴望 |
[02:00] | You moisten your own lips gently with your tongue. | 用舌头轻轻湿润一下嘴唇 |
[02:04] | A simple kiss now almost seems like nothing,and yet,it’s everything. | 别小看了小小的一个吻 它决定了一切 |
[02:10] | Because there is nothing. | 因为没有任何事物 |
[02:11] | nothing. so gentle as that first kiss. | 随便什么 可以像那个吻一样温柔 |
[02:33] | Jerry? | Jerry? |
[02:36] | Jerry left us. | Jerry消失了 |
[02:39] | It’s only a kiss,man. | 不就是个吻嘛 |
[02:40] | It’s not just a kiss. | 当然不只是个吻 |
[02:41] | That’s the thing about lorraine,it’s never just a kiss. | 和Lorraine接吻 永远不只是个吻 |
[02:44] | She. I swear,she actually makes my tongue change color. | 我保证她肯定让我的舌头都变色了 |
[02:48] | Let see. | 来 我看下 |
[02:50] | It’s normal color. | 颜色很正常 |
[02:52] | Not the tip. | 不是舌尖 |
[02:54] | It’s bluish. | 有点蓝色的 |
[02:57] | It’s the normal color. | 没看出来颜色异常 |
[02:58] | It’s a bit puffy,though. | 倒是有点肿 |
[03:00] | Is it swollen? It’s a bit puffy. | 对 是有点肿 |
[03:02] | Oh,sweet. | 好极了 |
[03:03] | It’s the fat bigot and his friend Mr. Puffy tongue. | 肥胖歧视者和他的 大舌头 朋友 |
[03:07] | I don’t believe we’ve officially met. | 我想我们还没正式介绍过彼此 |
[03:09] | $1 million,nothing structured. | 一百万美圆 无附加条件 |
[03:11] | As I understand it,your client was offered her job back within an hour. | 据我所知 我们已经邀请你的 委托人回来工作了 |
[03:15] | Oh,gee. You’re right. You got me there. | 天哪 你不说我还真忘了 |
[03:18] | $1 million. | 一百万美圆 |
[03:20] | I’m alan shore. | 我是Alan Shore |
[03:21] | $1 million. | 一百万美圆 |
[03:23] | How about instead,I bite you on the inner thigh? Does that work for you? | 我和你上床 这个条件你觉得如何? |
[03:26] | If only I’d really said that,but you,of course,misheard me. | 只要我真的说过 不过你肯定听错了 |
[03:29] | Just as your client misheard denny. | 就像你的委托人听错了Denny的话 |
[03:31] | Is that your defense? | 你准备这样辩护? |
[03:33] | He didn’t really fire her for being fat? | 她并不是因为肥胖而遭到解雇? |
[03:35] | Miss. I’m sure you have a name,but I’m not much interested. | 小姐 我肯定你有名有姓 不过我没兴趣知道 |
[03:38] | I’ve taken an immediate dislike to you. I’m sure you get that a lot. | 我直接了当的告诉你 我讨厌你 相信这对你是家常便饭了 |
[03:41] | Where I was once prepared to be generous,now I’m not. | 我本来准备要客气点 但是现在不会了 |
[03:44] | You’ve made the strategic mistake of pissing me off. | 把我惹火了是你犯的重大错误 |
[03:48] | You scare me. | 你吓到我了 |
[03:50] | See me shudder? | 看到我发抖了吗? |
[03:52] | Take your clothes off. I’ll make you shudder. | 你把衣服脱了 我会让你发抖的 |
[03:54] | That I did say. | 这次你没听错 |
[03:57] | your hostility is just a barely concealed form of foreplay. | 你的敌意只不过是前戏而已 |
[04:01] | I knew it. You’re a horny,insatiable little slut. | 我知道你是个好色而贪得无厌的荡妇 |
[04:04] | I could smell it the second you walked in. | 从你一走进门我就看出来了 |
[04:06] | Well,I’m happy to oblige. | 我很乐意来满足你 |
[04:09] | let’s you and i make like rabbits. | 让我们大干一场吧 |
[04:24] | Boston Legal Season 4 Episode 7 | 波士顿法律 |
[04:47] | I realize this is unbelievably late notice. | 我知道现在才通知你 真的是很晚 |
[04:50] | when does your trial start? | 什么时候开庭? |
[04:51] | Today,actually. | 今天 |
[04:53] | Look,I-I just had a knockdown blowout with my lawyer. | 我刚和我的律师谈崩了 |
[04:56] | Now he’s out,and I-I’m desperate. | 他一走了之 我不知所措 |
[04:57] | Let’s back up. Uh,what is yo trial about? | 从头说起 你的案件是什么? |
[05:00] | I’m being charged with murder. | 我被指控谋杀 |
[05:02] | Mm,something simple then. | 哦 听上去很简单 |
[05:04] | Look,I’m a police officer. | 我是名警官 |
[05:06] | Well,I was. They fired me. | 曾经是 我被开除了 |
[05:08] | I shot an unarmed man,mistaking him for a suspt. | 我向一名手无寸铁的男人开了枪 我错把他当成了犯罪嫌疑人 |
[05:11] | I thought he had a gun. | 我原以为他手里拿着枪 |
[05:12] | Turned out to be a soda can the light caught funny. | 后来才发现只不过是个汽水罐 |
[05:15] | Anyway,it was a mistake. | 那是个误会 |
[05:17] | But the D.A.’S saying otherwise. | 但检查官不这么看 |
[05:20] | The thing is,they took an M.R.I. Of my brain. | 还让我做了次脑部核磁共振检查 |
[05:23] | Why? | 为什么? |
[05:25] | The man I shot was african-american,and,uh, | 我开枪打的是个黑人 |
[05:28] | the district attorney’s saying the shooting’s racially motivated. | 检查官认为开枪的动机是种族主义 |
[05:32] | Look,I had a couple of incidents at work where I had to go get, | 我工作中是出过几次事 |
[05:34] | you know,sensitivity training and so forth,but I’m not a racist. | 为此参加了一些培训 但我绝不是种族主义者 |
[05:37] | Wait. | 等下 |
[05:39] | So they took a scan of your brain to see if the shooting was racially motivated? | 所以他们就对你进行脑部扫描 来确定开枪的动机是否带有种族主义? |
[05:44] | Yeah,they called it a functional M.R.I. | 没错 他们管这个叫功能性磁共振 |
[05:46] | I’ve read that they can evidently detect a predisposition toward racial bias. | 我听说它可以明确的探测到 你的种族歧视倾向 |
[05:52] | And did it,with you? | 你做过扫描了? |
[05:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:57] | They plan to use it as evidence to convict me of second-degree murder. | 他们打算就此作为证据 控告我二级谋杀 |
[06:16] | Well,you were worse than me. | 你刚才真狠 |
[06:17] | I just. | 我… |
[06:19] | between my agitation over lorraine and this emma’s repugnance. | 她正好撞在了枪口上 |
[06:24] | I think she was prepared to he sex,though. I could’ve been right on the money there. | 不过我敢肯定她想和我上床 |
[06:28] | So now what happens? | 现在有什么打算? |
[06:29] | Well,she’s noticed your deposition. After that,I’ll bring our motion to dismiss. | 她已经知道了你的证词 然后我会想办法撤消指控 |
[06:35] | I’ve been thinking a lot abt what you said,denny. | Denny 我一直在想你说过的话 |
[06:37] | Oh,I’m glad to hear that. | 很好 |
[06:39] | What’d I say? | 我说什么了? |
[06:40] | You said that maybe lorraine is the one for me. | 你说或许Lorraine是我的另一半 |
[06:44] | Maybe that’s why I can’t shake the neck or the kiss. | 也许这就是为什么我对她的脖子 香吻无法忘怀的原因 |
[06:49] | Maybe i just can’t shake her. | 又或者我根本就是对她无法忘怀 |
[06:52] | Maybe lorraine’s it. | Lorraine真是我另一半吗? |
[06:54] | I said that? | 那是我说的? |
[06:56] | What’s the big deal,jerry? | Jerry 这有什么大不了的? |
[06:57] | -Have you ever kissed a girl? -Yes. | – 你有和女孩接过吻吗? – 有过 |
[06:59] | As you or clevant? | 确定是你自己吗? |
[07:00] | I kissed claire as me. | 我 亲了Claire |
[07:01] | -I don’t believe you. -I did. | – 我才不信 – 我亲了 |
[07:04] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:04] | -Hello. | – 嗨 – 嗨 -Hello. |
[07:06] | Clarence,I’m ashameto admit I’ve been googling myself again. | Clarence 真不好意思 我又Google自己了 |
[07:11] | It happens when shirley’s out of town. | 是在Shirley不在的时候 |
[07:12] | And I’ve been on youtube again. | 我顺便又上了下YouTube |
[07:14] | Do you know what’s playing now? | 你猜我这次看到了什么? |
[07:18] | that was not. oh,a minister? | 那不是 哦 牧师? |
[07:20] | A preacher? | 传教士? |
[07:21] | Are you a man dressed as a woman. | 你不是打扮成女人的男人吧? |
[07:22] | he stole my parking place. | 他抢了我的车位 |
[07:26] | I was getting ready to back in,then he whooshed in with his sports car, | 我正准备倒进车位 他开着跑车突然抢了我的车位 |
[07:30] | then he called me names and. | 还不停的嘲笑我 |
[07:33] | I just lost it. | 然后我就失控了 |
[07:35] | you weirdo. you pervert. | 你个怪物 变态 |
[07:36] | Oh,you know what else you can do? | 哦 你还会什么? |
[07:37] | You can kiss my ass. That’s what you can do. | 我知道你还会舔我的屁眼 |
[07:39] | Take a look at this here. | 看这里 |
[07:40] | Oh! Oh,his image,Mr. Minister. | 哦 看到上帝了吧 牧师 |
[07:42] | Kiss it! His image! | 来 亲一下上帝! |
[07:45] | Take a good kiss of that,Mr. Minister! | 来啊 亲啊 牧师! |
[07:50] | Okay,several issues. | 几个问题 |
[07:53] | First,you’re terrorizing clergy. | 第一 你恐吓神职人员 |
[07:56] | That’s something we frown on. | 那是我们不能容忍的 |
[07:57] | Second,you likened your buttocks to god’s image. | 第二 你把你的屁股比做了上帝 |
[08:01] | very politically incorrect even in a blue state. | 即便在支持民主党的蓝区 也是个政治上的错误 |
[08:04] | And you managed to do so on the world wide web as an employee of crane,poole & schmidt, | 作为Crane Poole & Schmidt的雇员 你的这段视频在网上广为流传 |
[08:09] | which means that your exposed ass t only speaks to the almighty’s image,but ours. | 这就意味着你的屁股 也代表了我们事物所的形象 |
[08:24] | take that right there. | 来吧 |
[08:25] | Take a look at this here. Oh,his image,Mr. Minister. | 牧师 来看下上帝 |
[08:29] | I wasn’t watching anything. | 我没在看东西 |
[08:31] | I expected better from you. | 我没想到你也这样 |
[08:33] | Me? | 我? |
[08:34] | Your conduct leaves a little to be desired. | 你的视频没什么好看的 |
[08:36] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[08:38] | Leigh,hello. Leigh,hello. | 嗨Leigh 嗨Leigh |
[08:40] | I was just in the neighborod. | 我刚好路过 |
[08:42] | I thought,what the hey? | 就上来看下你 |
[08:44] | What a surprise. Hey. Hello. | 我没想到你会来 |
[08:47] | this is clarence. You remember leigh. | 这是Clarence 你记得Leigh吧 |
[08:49] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[08:50] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[08:52] | All set for tonight? | 今晚准备好了吗? |
[08:53] | Tonight. | 今晚 |
[08:55] | Well,uh,something’s come up,actually. | 事实上 出了点状况 |
[08:57] | It looks like I have to work late tonight. | 我今晚可能要加班 |
[09:00] | Oh,okay. | 好吧 |
[09:02] | -Tomorrow night? -Yes. | – 明天晚上? – 好 |
[09:06] | well,this case could be consuming,this one that just came up. | 这个案件可能会很棘手 |
[09:09] | Maybe we should postpone till the weend. | 不如我们推迟到周末吧 |
[09:12] | Oh,okay. | 没问题 |
[09:14] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[09:17] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[09:21] | What came up? Nothing’s come up. | 你有案件吗? 什么都没 |
[09:23] | Did I ask you? | 我问你的意见了吗? |
[09:23] | You’re just afraid you’ll have to kiss her. | 你只是害怕和他接吻 |
[09:25] | Don’t be such a buttinskyhead. | 别多管闲事 |
[09:27] | You hurt her feelings. | 你伤到她的心了 |
[09:28] | I said I didn’t ask you,you. | 我说了我没问你 你 |
[09:32] | poop! | 大便! |
[09:40] | all rise. | 起立 |
[09:43] | This court is now in session. | 现在开庭 |
[09:44] | The honorable judge gloria weldon presiding. | 由尊敬的Gloria Weldon法官主持庭审 |
[09:47] | Be seated. | 请坐 |
[09:50] | Good morning,your honor. | 早上好 法官大人 |
[09:51] | Whitney rome along with katie lloyd of crane,poole & schmidt for the defense. | 我们来自Crane Poole & Schmidt律师行 代理被告诉讼 |
[09:55] | Your motion is denied. | 动议不予批准 |
[09:57] | I haven’t even told you what it is yet. | 我还没告诉你事情的原委呢 |
[09:58] | You seek to suppress the M.R.I.Scan. | 你想推翻核磁共振扫描的结果 |
[10:01] | Mr. Bass’ previous counsel already brought such a motion to suppress. | 被告之前的律师已经提过相同的动议 |
[10:04] | The issue was ruled on. | 该动议已经裁判 |
[10:06] | Your honor,come on. | 拜托 法官大人 |
[10:08] | A brain scan to read his thoughts? | 用脑部扫描来获取的思维? |
[10:10] | Assuming these things are even accurate. | 即使测试仪器精确 |
[10:12] | no. | 不对 |
[10:13] | It reads chemical responses,not thoughts. | 获取大脑反应 不是思维 |
[10:16] | And we already make suspects give blood,D.N.A.,Handwriting analysis. | 嫌疑人做血液 DNA 笔迹检验都很平常 |
[10:19] | those are objective tests. | 那些是客观测试 |
[10:21] | So is the brain scan. | 脑部扫描也是 |
[10:23] | I’m allowing it. What else? | 批准扫描结果作证 还有什么问题? |
[10:25] | -We also have a motion for a continuance in. -denied. | – 动议因变更律师推迟庭审 – 驳回 |
[10:28] | Wait,we just got this. | 我们才接手案子的 |
[10:30] | Too late. Denied. We start today. | 拖得太久了 驳回 今天开始 |
[10:34] | your honor. | 法官大人 |
[10:37] | maybe in the interest of justice,we should put our conflicts on the table. | 为了公正起见 应该把我们之间的问题 摆到台面上讲 |
[10:42] | Meaning? | 什么意思? |
[10:42] | Meaning there may be some bad blood between you and my firm,and it. | 意思就是 或许你和我们律师行有些过节 |
[10:48] | Mr. Palmer,I once had a relationship with a lawyer at crane,poole & schmidt. | Palmer先生 我和她们律师行的律师 曾有过一段情 |
[10:52] | -Do you object? -Not at all. | – 有异议吗? – 没有 |
[10:54] | Well,my client objects. | 但我的当事人有异议 |
[10:55] | tell your client the affair wasn’t very memorable. | 告诉你的当事人 那段情我没啥印象了 |
[10:59] | And if I had to rese myself from every case where I’d slept with one of the lawyers, | 如果遇到和我有过关系的律师 我就要回避的话 |
[11:03] | or both,I’d have to take up golf. | 我干脆退休算了 |
[11:06] | I’ll give you one hour to get yourself ready,then I’m bringing in the jury. | 一小时准备 然后开始庭审 |
[11:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:21] | listen to me,denny,answer only what you’re asked,do not throw in little,uh, | 问你什么 回答什么 一句也别多说 |
[11:25] | comments or asides,and above all,do not,do not,do not offer your opinions. | 千万不要说你自己的意见 |
[11:31] | Will you relax,man? It’s me you’re talking to. | 放松点 你是在跟我说话呢 |
[11:34] | dear god. | 天呐 |
[11:35] | – Alan – Lorraine -Alan. -Lorraine. | |
[11:37] | I was just leaving. | 我这就走 |
[11:45] | Lorraine | lorraine. |
[11:46] | I was just,uh,thinking about you earlier. | 我正想到你呢 |
[11:50] | Really? Tell me. | 真的? 说来听听 |
[11:54] | Well. | 恩 |
[11:58] | you know how,uh,both of us seem to be so relationship averse? | 你知道我们都不擅长长期的关系 |
[12:05] | I was thinking. | 我在想 |
[12:08] | maybe you are,uh,right for a longer-term. | 也许你是适合长期的… |
[12:13] | thing. | 关系 |
[12:15] | Funny. | 真有趣 |
[12:16] | Who told you? | 谁告诉你的 |
[12:19] | Told me? | 告诉我? |
[12:20] | That I’m a relationship. | 谁告诉你我有男友了 |
[12:22] | I was planning to tell you. | 正打算告诉你的 |
[12:25] | You’re in a relationship. | 你有男友了 |
[12:27] | Yeah,a really wonderful man. | 对 他很棒 |
[12:31] | I think you’d like him. | 你会喜欢他的 |
[12:33] | Oh,I’m s. | 呃 我 |
[12:35] | not sure. | 我看不一定 |
[12:37] | Anyway,I-I-I thought you’d be relieved. | 无论如何 你应该松口气了 |
[12:39] | We’ve decided to make it exclusive. | 我俩已经决定做彼此的唯一 |
[12:41] | So you won’t have to worry about me stalking you anymore. | 你不用怕我再缠着你了 |
[12:47] | terrific. | 好极了 |
[12:56] | ,We had just came out the deli. | 当时我们刚从熟食店出来 |
[12:59] | And B.J. Went back in because he forgot his soda on the counter. | BJ忘了拿汽水 又回去拿 |
[13:03] | I kept walking to the car. | 我朝车子走过去 |
[13:05] | B.J. Is your brother. | BJ是你哥哥 |
[13:07] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:08] | Then as I got to the car,this cop car comes screeching up, | 我走到车子旁 警车的警铃就响了 |
[13:13] | and two cops jump out,screaming. | 跳出来两个警察 大吼 |
[13:16] | And they had their guns pointed at B.J. | 他俩用枪对着BJ |
[13:19] | Then what? | 然后呢? |
[13:21] | They just shot him. | 他们朝他开枪 |
[13:24] | He shot him. | 他开的枪 |
[13:27] | He just kept shooting and shooting. | 开了一枪又一枪 |
[13:32] | It was like he unloaded the whole gun. | 好像把枪里子弹都打完的 |
[13:40] | I’m very sorry for your loss,terrence. | 对你们家的不幸 我很遗憾 Terrence |
[13:44] | When the police arrived and leapt from the car, | 警察从车子里跳出来的时候 |
[13:47] | what did you do,if I may ask? | 请问 你是怎么做的? |
[13:49] | I just hit the ground. | 我趴在了地上 |
[13:52] | And did you actually see your brother get shot, | 你是确实看见你哥中枪呢 |
[13:54] | or did you first hear the shots and then look up? | 还是先听见枪声然后抬头看的? |
[13:57] | Both. | 我都看见了 |
[13:58] | I first heard the shots,and then I looked up and saw him getting shot. | 先听到枪声 然后抬头看见他中枪 |
[14:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:15] | once again,tightly constructed answers. | 再说一次 回答一定要谨慎 |
[14:17] | There’s no room for opinions,especially yours. | 别提意见 尤其是你的意见 |
[14:19] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[14:20] | Nothing’s wrong. | 没怎么 |
[14:20] | You’re being surly. I can hear it. | 怎么这么粗暴 听得出来 |
[14:22] | -I am not surly. -Yes,you are. | – 没有 – 就是有 |
[14:23] | -Whatever it is,I. -nothing’s wrong! | – 肯定有问题 – 什么问题都没有 |
[14:25] | That hurt my feelings. | 伤我感情了 |
[14:29] | she’s involved. | 她谈恋爱了 |
[14:31] | Who? | 谁? |
[14:32] | Lorraine. She has a boyfriend. | Lorraine 她有男友了 |
[14:34] | I never liked her. | 我从来就不喜欢她 |
[14:36] | did she say who? | 她说是谁了吗? |
[14:37] | No,and I don’t care. | 没说 也不关我事 |
[14:39] | Jerry | jerry. |
[14:40] | Leigh | Leigh. |
[14:41] | Hello. Welcome. | 你好 欢迎你来 |
[14:43] | I’m very unsettled. | 我有点不安 |
[14:45] | If you don’t want to date me anymore,please just be honest with me. | 如果不想再跟我约会的话 请直说 |
[14:49] | I’m 44 years old,I’ve heard every excuse there is. | 我44岁了 什么藉口都听过了 |
[14:52] | The last one said he got summoned for astronaut duty and had to rush off for the moon. | 上一个说是应征当宇航员奔月去了 |
[14:56] | I’m sick of dishonest,disingenuous men. | 我烦透了骗人的男人 |
[14:59] | And people wonder how I could end up with a utility box. | 所以我才会喜欢工具箱的 |
[15:02] | You dishonest man! | 骗人的男人! |
[15:03] | hey,lady,I tried to let you down nicely,and you punish me for it. | 女士 我想好好对你 你却反来骂我 |
[15:07] | What,I should have opted for cruelty? | 跟你在一起简直就是自虐 |
[15:09] | What do yowant from me? | 你要我怎么做? |
[15:17] | They even fight weird. | 连吵架都这么怪异 |
[15:20] | Come on,denny. Let’s go. | 来 Denny 走吧 |
[15:23] | We were responding to a call that a man matching the description of the suspect was seen going into the deli. | 我们接报说 发现与嫌犯特征吻合的人进入熟食店 |
[15:28] | When we arrived,we saw Mr. Owens and his brother emerging. | 赶到后 我们看到Owens先生和他弟弟 |
[15:31] | We identified ourselves as police officers, | 向他们透露警察身份后 |
[15:33] | drew our weapons and asked them to get on the ground. | 我们拔出手枪 让他们趴在地上 |
[15:35] | Then what? | 然后呢? |
[15:36] | Well,I looked at terrence,the younger brother,over by the car. | 我负责在车旁看着弟弟Terrence |
[15:40] | Then I heard the shots. | 后来我听到枪声 |
[15:41] | I looked back to see my partner firing at B.J. | 回头一看 看到我拍档向BJ开枪 |
[15:43] | -And yet,you didn’t shoot. -No. | – 但你没有开枪 – 对 |
[15:46] | In fact,you said to the,uh, | 你当时 |
[15:48] | field investigation division that you thought the shoot was reckless. | 对现场调查组说你认为开枪行为是鲁莽的 |
[15:52] | I thought it was a quick shoot. | 我的意思是开枪非常快 |
[15:54] | I never said it was racially motivated. | 我从没说过那是源于种族歧视 |
[15:56] | Officer payne,how long have you and the defendant been partners? | Payne警官 你和被告搭档多久了? |
[16:01] | Three years. | 三年 |
[16:03] | -He’s your friend. -Yes. | – 他是你的朋友 – 是的 |
[16:05] | Ever have reason to think that he’s a racist? | 你认为他是种族主义者吗? |
[16:08] | -No. | – 不 |
[16:09] | Really? You never complained about him? | 是嘛 你从没抱怨过他? |
[16:14] | When we were first deployed together,I didn’t know him. | 开始跟他搭档时 我还不了解他 |
[16:17] | He made a few comments that upset me. | 他说几句惹我生气的话 |
[16:19] | Like he “only believed in busing for away games”? | 他经常会开带种族色彩的玩笑 是吧? |
[16:25] | his sense of humor is sometimes misplaced. | 他的幽默有时候用错地方 |
[16:28] | But he’s not a racist. | 但他不是种族主义者 |
[16:30] | BJ B.J.. | |
[16:31] | The brother who was mistaken for the suspect. | 被误当作嫌犯 |
[16:34] | did he in fact look like that suspect? | 他和嫌犯长得像吗? |
[16:36] | We only had a general description,but yes,he did match it. | 只有大致的形象描述 他是符合的 |
[16:40] | And that suspect was reported as being armed and dangerous. | 而且报告称 嫌犯有武器 很危险 是吧 |
[16:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:58] | F-first of all,I apologize for embarrassing the law firm. | 首先 我让律师行蒙羞 我道歉 |
[17:03] | It’s not like me to lose my temper like that,and. | 我一般是不会这样发脾气的 |
[17:07] | I am very sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:11] | uh,second,uh. | 第二 |
[17:15] | I sued them. | 我提起诉讼了 |
[17:16] | – Youtube -Sued who? -Youtube. | – 诉讼谁? |
[17:19] | It was wrong for them to humiliate me like that. | 他们这样羞辱我是不对的 |
[17:22] | I’ll represent myself but. | 我将自辩 |
[17:23] | you don’t really have a case. | 案子不会成立 |
[17:24] | What they did was wrong. | 他们的做法是错误的 |
[17:26] | I can’t let it go. I. | 不能就这么算了 |
[17:28] | clarence,certainly you’ve heard the saying,any man who represents himself has a drag queen for a client. | Clarence 有一种说法 自辩的人都是喜欢男扮女装的人 |
[17:33] | Wait,no. That’s not the saying. | 哦 好像没这种说法 |
[17:35] | Clarence | Clarence! |
[17:42] | let me represent you. | 我帮你打吧 |
[17:44] | I agree,what they did was wrong. I’ll help you. | 他们的做法是不对的 我来帮你 |
[17:48] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不必要这样的 |
[17:50] | I want to,and,son,I’m very good. | 我自己愿意的 而且 我很厉害的 |
[18:08] | all rise. | 全体起立 |
[18:10] | This court is now in session. The honorable judge brown presiding. | 现在开庭 由尊敬的Brown法官主持庭审 |
[18:14] | Be seated. | 请坐 |
[18:22] | All right. | 好的 |
[18:23] | Before we begin,some of you may or may not have noticed that I’m wearing protective heaear. | 开始之前 你们可能也留意到了 我带了头盔 |
[18:31] | I sustained a small wound while gardening. | 我在种花的时候 受了点小伤 |
[18:34] | My doctor advised that I take conservative precautions until the stitches are removed. | 医生建议在拆线之前采取保护性措施 |
[18:38] | Please pay it no attention. | 请不必在意 |
[18:41] | your honor,I think we can make this quick. | 法官大人 应该尽快解决此案 |
[18:43] | Mr. Bell is alleging defamation of character. | Bell先生要告我们人格诽谤 |
[18:46] | The footage depicts what actually happened,and truth is a complete defense to defamation. | 录影片段描绘的是真实发生的事情 这一点完全否定了诽谤的存在 |
[18:49] | This is silly. | 太可笑了 |
[18:50] | We’re also suing under right to publicity. | 我们同时也对发布权提出诉讼 |
[18:52] | The plaintiff is not a celebrity. We get no value trading his name. | 原告不是名人 我们的做法并未盈利 |
[18:55] | You get value trading on footage depicting him. | 你们通过对他录影而盈利 |
[18:58] | I direct you to massachusetts law,chapter 214,section 3a. | 请参看马萨诸塞州法 214章第三条A款 |
[19:06] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:08] | I’m finding it very difficult to get past the helmet. | 我没法无视您的头盔 |
[19:11] | I am a superior court jurist, | 我是高等法院法官 |
[19:13] | and I expect to be treated with the respect that goes with this robe. | 应该得到与法袍相称的尊重 |
[19:17] | I do not sit up here for your amusement. | 我坐在这里不是让你们消遣的 |
[19:20] | Even so. | 即便如此 |
[19:23] | judge,the v-video was aired without a context,so it does not represent the truth. | 法官大人 视频的发布没有文字相佐 因此不能清楚表达真相 |
[19:30] | I’d like to hear exactly how he’s been defamed. | 我想听听原告是如何被诽谤的 |
[19:32] | You can read how in the complaint. | 你在诉状中可以看到 |
[19:34] | It is a fair request. | 要求不过分 |
[19:36] | Mr. Bell. | Bell先生 |
[19:38] | you will take the stand after lunch. | 下午你上庭作证 |
[19:46] | The helmet threw me. | 头盔让我难受死了 |
[19:51] | And you just thought you had the right to fire her ’cause she was fat? | 你觉得你有权因为她胖而解雇她? |
[19:54] | And still is. | 现在也是这么觉得 |
[19:56] | I thought I had the right to fire people who jeopardize my health. | 影响我健康的人 我有权解雇她 |
[19:59] | How does her weight jeopardize your health? | 她的体重怎么就影响你的健康呢? |
[20:02] | According to studies at harvard. you’ve heard of harvard? | 根据哈佛大学的研究 你听说过哈佛吧? |
[20:05] | Obesity can spread like a contagious disease. | 肥胖会像传染病一样传播 |
[20:08] | That’s not my opinion. That’s harvard’S. | 不是我说的 哈佛说的 |
[20:10] | But I wasn’t too fat for you to hit on? | 我这么胖 你都会来挑逗我? |
[20:12] | Oh,no. ‘Cause I like chubby sex. But I never asked you to dinner. | 不是 因为我喜欢和丰满的人做爱 但我从没找你吃过饭哦 |
[20:15] | Did you hear that? | 我没听错吧? |
[20:16] | I only heard ca-ching,ca-ching. | 我只听到钱叮咚 叮咚 掉进口袋的声音 |
[20:18] | – Denny -I have nothing against the chinese. -Denny. | – 怎么尽会说这句 |
[20:20] | so are you firing all thheavy people crane,poole & schmidt? | 你要解雇所有体重超标的员工吗? |
[20:24] | Well,I had to start someplace. I started with her. | 我总得找个地方下手 就从她开始 |
[20:26] | Ca-ching. | 叮咚 |
[20:27] | And let’s just suppose,say,my client did agree to have sex with you. | 假设我当事人愿意和你上床 |
[20:30] | too late. I’ve moved on. | 太晚了 我现在没兴趣了 |
[20:31] | Would you have fired her had she not rejected you? | 如果她没拒绝你 你还会解雇她吗? |
[20:34] | I fired her because according to the harvard studies, | 我解雇她是因为哈佛大学的研究报告说 |
[20:37] | the social influence of fat people can be just as damaging as genetics. | 肥胖人群的社交影响 可以像遗传基因一样危险 |
[20:42] | I tried to explain that to your client,but her ears were too stuffed with twinkies. | 我尝试向你的当事人解释 可她就是听不进去 |
[20:45] | on their way in or out,I-I couldn’t be sure. | 不知道她在想什么 |
[20:47] | Ca-ching. | 叮咚 |
[20:50] | What? | 干嘛? |
[20:53] | It’s called functional magnetic resonance imaging. | 它叫功能性核磁共振 |
[20:56] | What does it do? | 它的作用是? |
[20:58] | Well,in basic terms,it’s a tool that allows us to visualize brain function by showing changes in blood flow and other metabolic processes. | 它是一个能把大脑活动视觉化的工具 |
[21:06] | You can tell what someone is thinking? | 通过它能知道人们在想什么? |
[21:08] | We can tell how someone is feeling, | 我们可以知道某人的感受 |
[21:10] | and we can specifically identify responses associated with sociopathic tendencies. | 并根据结果明确识别出反社会倾向 |
[21:15] | Here,we determined the defendant was racist. | 据此 我们认为被告是种族主义者 |
[21:18] | You can really measure this with accuracy? | 你能确认它的精确性吗? |
[21:20] | Extreme accuracy. | 十分精确 |
[21:22] | In this case,we showed Mr. Bass pictures of people from various races, | 在此案中 我们向Bass先生 展示了不同人种的照片 |
[21:25] | and then we measured the response in the part of his brain that controls fear. | 然后测得大脑控制恐惧的那个区域反应 |
[21:29] | It’s called the amygdala. | 也就是脑杏仁体 |
[21:31] | And what did it reveal? | 结果是什么? |
[21:33] | Officer bass perceives blacmen as threatening. | Bass警官感到黑人是种威胁 |
[21:37] | Possible he would be more trigger-happy with a black man? | 是否说 他对黑人扣动扳机会更有快感? |
[21:41] | Absolutely. | 绝对如此 |
[21:43] | How long have these tests been used to read people’s minds? | 这些能获取人类思维的测试 已经被使用多久了? |
[21:47] | They read responses,not minds,but the answer is a long time. | 获取大脑反应 不是思维 不过回答是 很久了 |
[21:51] | And here,they told you jeffrey bass fears black men more than white. | 此案中 它们告诉你Jeffrey Bass 对黑人的恐惧要大于白人 |
[21:55] | Unquestionably. | 毫无疑问 |
[21:56] | Are you familiar with shooter bias tests,professor? | 教授 你熟悉射手偏见测试吗? |
[22:00] | They’re video games with white characters and black characters, | 这是种电视游戏 里面有白人角色 也有黑人角色 |
[22:04] | and the characters reach for either guns or cell phones, | 每个角色手里都会拿一把枪 或者一部手机 |
[22:07] | and you’re supposed to only shoot the ones with guns. | 你的任务就是射击手里拿枪的角色 |
[22:10] | And do these tests reveal that white officers more readily fire on blacks than black police officers? | 那么测试结果是否证明白人警官 要比黑人警官更容易向黑人开火? |
[22:16] | No. | 不 |
[22:17] | Shooter bias tests have generally concluded that, | 射击偏见测试大致给出这样一个结论 |
[22:20] | in this country,everyone shoots black people faster. | 在美国 每个人向黑人开枪的速度都快些 |
[22:28] | focus on the images. This should only take about a minute. | 注意看图片 马上就好了 |
[22:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:39] | why are we doing this? | 为什么做这个? |
[22:41] | if our scan gets different results,then we can impeach the validity of theirs. | 如果我们得到不同的扫描结果 那就可以否定他们结果的有效性 |
[22:47] | -and he’s seeing what we’re seeing? -yes. | – 他和我们看到的一样吗? – 是的 |
[23:01] | I don’t ink our scan is getting different results. | 我们的扫描结果与他们的相同 |
[23:13] | You can kiss my ass. | 来亲我的屁股 |
[23:15] | That’s what you can do. Well,you’re a weirdo. | 这个你最拿手了 你个怪物 |
[23:16] | Take a look at this here. Oh,his image,Mr. Minister. | 来 看这里 哦 看到上帝了吗? |
[23:19] | Kiss that right there! His image! | 对 就是那里 快亲 |
[23:21] | Take a good kiss of that,Mr. Minister! | 好好的亲亲 牧师! |
[23:25] | Outrageous. | 太无耻了 |
[23:28] | Mr. Bell,the footage fairly and accurately depicts what happened,doesn’t it? | Bell先生 这段录象清楚 准确的 记录了所发生的事情吗? |
[23:32] | Yes,but it doesn’t tell the whole story. | 是 但并不完整 |
[23:35] | -Have you gone out in public dressed as a woman before? -Yes. | – 你也曾打扮成女性出现在公共场所? – 是的 |
[23:37] | -In fact,you once joined an all-girls gym,isn’t that correct? -Yes. | – 你是否加入过全女性会员的健身馆? – 是的 |
[23:40] | You recently signed up for a singing contest in drag. You’ve gone to work in drag. | 你最近打扮成女性参加了一次歌唱比赛 并且在工作场所也男扮女装 |
[23:43] | But that moment,without a context,makes me look like. | 但是你不说清楚背景情况 让我看上去像 |
[23:48] | you’re a lawyer. | 你是律师 |
[23:50] | I am. | 是的 |
[23:50] | -Are you familiar with section 230 of the communications decency act? -Yes,but. | – 你熟悉传播净化法案第230条吗? – 是的 不过 |
[23:54] | which expressly protects online services from defamation liability | 该条款明确保护网络服务商 不对个人上传的作品 |
[23:57] | arising from material posted on their sites by individuals? | 承担相关的诽谤法律责任 |
[24:00] | your honor,this was an extremely embarrassing event, | 法官阁下 这样令人尴尬的事件 |
[24:03] | aired worldwide on a web site,absent the context that occasioned it. | 竟被去掉事情起因后 上传到网上供全球网民观看 |
[24:08] | The. the footage depicts what happened. | 这段录象只是描述了所发生的事 |
[24:11] | So where’s the damage? | 造成什么伤害了? |
[24:13] | Your honor,think of it. | 法官阁下 请想一下 |
[24:16] | we’ve all had a meltdown or two,a-a mortifying episode of some sort. | 我们每个人都会有些不愉快的经历 |
[24:21] | Typically we’re allowed to live those moments down. | 我们可以让那些经历被慢慢的淡忘 |
[24:23] | But now thanks to the internet,we can’T. | 不过现在有了互连网 一切都变了 |
[24:27] | Suppose I taped you as justice bubblehead. | 设想 我把阁下带着头盔的形象录下来 |
[24:31] | put that thing down. | 把那东西放下去 |
[24:32] | -How would you like to be defined. -put it down this instant! | – 你想人们会怎么议论你? – 马上给我放下去 |
[24:37] | My point is,life’s little embarrassing moments are now having far-reaching and more devastating consequences. | 我想说的是 现在生活中的尴尬时刻 将会具有更深远及破坏性的结果 |
[24:46] | If the day has come that we are going to be publicly and globally shamed by our foolish missteps,then the laws of defamation should keep pace. | 如果今天我们会因为自己无意之失而遭到 公开羞辱 那么相关法律就应当跟上步伐 |
[24:55] | Certainly when these tort laws were drafted,the legislators never contemplated. | 在起草这些民事诉讼法时 立法机构显然没有考虑到 |
[25:01] | YouTube | youtube. |
[25:16] | I repeated my command to freeze. | 我再次命令他站住 |
[25:18] | This time he did,but then he started to raise his hand,and in it was a metal object. | 这次他停下了 不过他把手抬了起来 手里还握着个金属物体 |
[25:25] | I thought it was a gun,and I just reacted. | 我以为那是把枪 于是我就开枪了 |
[25:27] | You know now he was probably raising his hands in surrender. | 你现在知道他或许只是想举手投降 |
[25:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:33] | But at the timE. | 不过当时 |
[25:35] | I ought it was a gun. | 我认为那是把枪 |
[25:37] | Do you work in a pretty tough neighborhood,Mr. Bass? | Bass先生 你管辖的地区是否很混乱 |
[25:40] | Yes,it’s a gang neighborhood. | 是的 那里帮派活动猖獗 |
[25:41] | And have you ever been shot at before? | 你以前是否被枪击中过? |
[25:44] | Three times. | 三次 |
[25:45] | Have you ever shot anybody,besides B.J.Owens? | 除了BJ Owens 你有没有对别人开过枪? |
[25:50] | Twic hmm. | 两次 |
[25:52] | What color were they? | 他们的肤色是? |
[25:55] | I patrol a predominately black area. | 我负责的是一片黑人社区 |
[25:57] | So the two you previously shot were black? | 所以之前被你打伤的是两名黑人? |
[26:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:02] | And according to internal affairs’ reports,one of the suspects was also unarmed. | 根据警方内务部的调查报告 其中一名嫌疑犯也是手无寸铁的 |
[26:06] | I was cleared of any wrongdoing. | 我的行为被证明是无过错的 |
[26:08] | It was an innocent mistake. | 那只是次意外 |
[26:09] | Another mistake? Well,have you ever mistakenly shot a white person? | 又一次意外? 那请问你是否错射过白人? |
[26:13] | -Objection. -SustaineD. | – 反对 – 反对有效 |
[26:16] | According to the F.M.R.I.,You feel more threatened by black people. | 根据功能性核磁共振的检查结果 你感到黑人更具威胁 |
[26:21] | Why do you think that is? | 你认为是什么原因呢? |
[26:24] | Look,if that test is accurate, | 如果那测试精确的话 |
[26:28] | it could be because statistically, blacks commit more violent crimes. | 可能是因为统计数据表明 大部分暴力犯罪的罪犯是黑人 |
[26:32] | it could be because I been shot at three times by black suspects. | 也可能是因为我曾经三次被黑人 嫌疑犯开枪击中 |
[26:36] | Or maybe you just dislike black people. | 又或者只是你讨厌黑人 |
[26:38] | No,I do not. | 不 我不讨厌黑人 |
[26:39] | I’m not a racist. | 我不是种族主义者 |
[26:40] | But you shot him eight times. | 但是你对他开了八枪 |
[26:42] | -Mrs.Owens. -you just shot him till he was dead. | – Owens太太 – 直到把他打死为止 |
[26:44] | -You kept shooting and shooting and shooting! -Mrs.Owens,I will have you. | – 你不停的开枪 不停的开枪! – Owens太太 我要将你 |
[26:46] | -you murdered my baby! -mom,calm down. | – 你谋杀了我的孩子! – 妈妈 冷静 |
[26:47] | -You murderer! -mrs.Owens, | – 你这个杀人犯 – Owens太太 |
[26:49] | any more such outbursts,and you will be removed from this courtroom. | 你再大声喧哗 我就只能请你离开法庭 |
[27:01] | just let me do all the talking,denny,every word. | 全都由我来说 Denny你一句也别说 |
[27:03] | Do not even move your lips without checking with me first. | 没我的同意 你连嘴唇都别动一下 |
[27:06] | all rise. | 起立 |
[27:15] | You can’t be serious. | 这不是在开玩笑吧 |
[27:16] | Judas priest,she’s the size of an elephant. | 天哪 她像一头大象 |
[27:23] | be seated. | 请座 |
[27:28] | okay,I’ll hear from the petitioner. | 请控方发言 |
[27:30] | No,before we get to that,your honor,uh,alan shore representing denny crane. | 慢 在开始前 法官阁下 我Alan Shore 代表我当事人Denny Crane |
[27:36] | I-I have a-a motion. | 我有一项动议 |
[27:38] | Let’s hear it. | 说吧 |
[27:42] | uh,your honor,uh,perhaps you are not the right jurist to be objective on this one. | 法官阁下 或许您无法对此案保持客观公正 |
[27:49] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[27:53] | his tongue is tied for two reasons,judge. | 法官阁下 他的舌头不听使唤 是因为两个原因 |
[27:56] | First,it’s puffy. | 第一 他的舌头肿了 |
[27:58] | And second,it’s a challenge for him to spin this. | 第二 因为这个案子他没有把握 |
[28:02] | Denny crane fired nancy wilding because she was fat. | Denny Crane因为她胖而解雇了她 |
[28:07] | It is bigotry in its purest,most evil form. | 这种行为极端低下无耻 |
[28:11] | Fat people in this country are subject to prejudice,emotional abuse and ridicule. | 社会上 胖人经常受到歧视 伤害 嘲笑 |
[28:16] | It starts on the playground,and it never stops. | 自始至终 从未停止 |
[28:20] | This woman didn’t get asked to her high school prom. | 高中时 没人请她去学校舞会 |
[28:22] | Waiters and waitresses ignore her. | 餐馆服务员忽略她 |
[28:25] | She’s been denied housing,insurance. | 安家 买保险 都受到拒绝 |
[28:28] | Airlines want to charge her double. | 航空公司恨不得让她买双份票 |
[28:30] | But nancy wilding didn’t sit in a corner and feel sorry for herself. | 但她没有自暴自弃 |
[28:34] | She said,”hey,I’m gonna use my brain. | 她对自己说 我要凭头脑出人头地 |
[28:37] | I’m gonna study. | 我要学习 |
[28:38] | I’m gonna go to law school. | 上法学院 |
[28:39] | ” And she did. | 她这样做了 |
[28:41] | And she graduated near the top of her class,she passed the bar, | 她以优异成绩毕业 取得律师资格 |
[28:44] | she performed ably and successfully as a wyer,and where did it all get her? | 做了一名出色的律师 但结果呢? |
[28:50] | Fired for being fat. | 因为胖而被解雇 |
[28:52] | Somebody somewhere has finally got to say enough. | 一定要有人为她主持公道 |
[28:57] | Nancy wilding is hoping that person is you. | 原告希望您来主持公道 |
[29:04] | I’ll take it under advisement. | 我会加以考虑的 |
[29:06] | Uh,wait,wait. You didn’t hear from me. | 等一下 您还没听我说哪 |
[29:08] | I’ll take it under advisement. I’ll hear you before I read my ruling. | 我将加以考虑 宣读裁判前 我会给你机会说的 |
[29:12] | Judge,I don’t think that’s how it’s supposed to work. | 法官大人 程序恐怕不是这样的 |
[29:15] | Whatever. | 管他呢 |
[29:27] | -this is not going well,alan. -You think? | – 情况不妙 Alan – 你以为? |
[29:29] | She won’t even hear our side. | 她都不肯定我们说 |
[29:31] | Hopefully she will before. | 希望她会 |
[29:36] | excuse me,denny. | 不好意思 Denny |
[29:45] | – Jerry? – Alan -Jerry? -Alan. | |
[29:49] | What are you doing? | 干嘛呢? |
[29:50] | I’m standing with my head up against a wall. | 头顶着墙站着 |
[29:53] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[29:57] | Why? | 干嘛这样? |
[29:58] | I had a little row with leigh. | 我和Leigh吵架了 |
[30:00] | I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[30:02] | Much of the office did. | 律师行的人基本都听到了 |
[30:05] | I think I was mean to her. | 我对她太刻薄了 |
[30:07] | Was I mean to her? | 是吧? |
[30:08] | Well,from my vantage point,you were very mean. | 说说风凉话 你很刻薄 |
[30:11] | She was feeling hurt,extremely vulnerable. | 她受到了伤害 完全没有防备 |
[30:14] | She lashed out in pain,at which point you whipped out the wooden cigarette and thrashed her with it. | 她说了你几句 你就拿出木头雪茄将她燃成灰烬 |
[30:18] | I just felt everyone staring at us and. | 我只知道大家都看我俩的笑话 |
[30:22] | have you called her to apologize? | 打电话道过歉了吗? |
[30:24] | Tried,but. | 打了 但是 |
[30:28] | she’s dating my clock radio,just to get back at me. | 她找上了我的收音机 为了报复我 |
[30:32] | Uh,I beg your pardon. | 你说什么 |
[30:33] | She has a crush on my clock radio. | 她对我的收音机有兴趣 |
[30:35] | I let her borrow it after the utility box was killed, | 工具箱被谋杀后 我把收音机借给了她 |
[30:38] | and when I called to apologize,the two of them were headed out to a movie. | 我打电话道歉时 他俩正打算去看电影 |
[30:44] | I’m not quite sure how to respond to that, | 我也不知道说什么是好了 |
[30:47] | other than to say,you’ve had two wonderful dates with this woman. | 你俩也算是有了两次不错的约会 |
[30:52] | Uh,you’re at the precipice of kissing. | 你差点就能接吻 |
[30:55] | And it just seems. | 这看起来 |
[30:57] | wrong for her now to be dating your clock radio. | 她和收音机约会是错的 |
[31:04] | Policemen do tough work,dangerous work in cities across this country | 警察们在全国做着危险的工作 |
[31:09] | that seem to only grow more and more dangerous. | 而且 似乎危险越来越多 |
[31:12] | That is a reality. | 这就是事实 |
[31:16] | But here is another reality. | 另一个事实 |
[31:18] | african-americans have been targeted disproportionately in both arrests and excessive force. | 非裔美国人已经不成比例成为 逮捕与过度武力的目标 |
[31:26] | Blacks comprise 13% of our population,yet 44% of our prison population. | 全国人口13%是黑人 监狱里面却高达44% |
[31:34] | And how many times do you have to turn on the news and see that yet another innocent, | 你在新闻里听到 |
[31:37] | unarmed black man has been shot dead by the police before we say enough? | 手无寸铁的清白黑人被击毙 悲剧还要重复多少次? |
[31:43] | Eight times,he shot him. | 八枪 他朝他开了八枪 |
[31:46] | Even his partner,who is also his friend,called the shooting “reckless. | 就算他的搭档 管这叫做鲁莽 |
[31:52] | ” Was it an honest mistake? | 这真的是无心之失吗? |
[31:54] | Yeah,sure,like the last time he mistakenly shot an unarmed black man. | 是啊 就像他最后一次错误的朝黑人开枪 |
[31:59] | How many mistakes. | 有多少失误 |
[32:02] | can we allow him? | 我们能让他犯? |
[32:04] | Do we keep tolerating these executions or not? | 我们还能继续容忍这样的处决吗? |
[32:10] | The victim matched the description of the armed suspect. | 受害者符合警方描述的嫌疑人 |
[32:14] | He raised his hand with something metallic in it. | 他举起的手里有金属光泽 |
[32:17] | It looked like a gun. My client reacted. | 就像一把枪 我的委托人反应了 |
[32:20] | The district attorney did not offer even one witness to dispute that. | 地区检察官没有提供一个证人来反对 |
[32:26] | Instead,he gave you a brain scan. | 反之 他却给了你们大脑扫描图 |
[32:30] | The police can now take our blood,our hair,our D.N.A. | 警方可以采集血液 头发 DNA |
[32:34] | They can make us give handwriting samples,voice patterns. | 可以取证笔迹样本 声音波纹 |
[32:38] | They can cck our computers to see what interests us,our gpses to see where we’ve been. | 可以检查电脑有什么线索 可以调查GPS看我们去了哪 |
[32:43] | And today,they’re introducing scans to show our feelings. | 但今天 他们用一纸扫描判断感受 |
[32:49] | Where does it stop? | 何时才能适可而止? |
[32:51] | And let’s assume these M.R.I.S really can show that my client feared black people more than whites. | 就算核磁共振能证明我的委托人 比起白人来更恐惧黑人 |
[32:57] | So what? | 那又怎么样? |
[32:59] | The law has to distinguish between thought and deed. | 法律上对思想与行动有严格的界限 |
[33:04] | The supreme court is doing away with warrants. | 最高法院同意不需搜查令 就可以调查信息 |
[33:08] | Our administration eavesdrops on all of us. | 我们的政府在窃听我们 |
[33:11] | Are we really going to allow this government to unleash the thought police? | 我们真的允许政府窥探我们的感情吗? |
[33:16] | Are we that scared? | 我们那么恐惧吗? |
[33:22] | We must be. | 是的 |
[33:24] | Because today,the prosecution is trying to convict a man of murder with nothing more than an M.R.I. | 因为今天 控方仅仅凭借 一纸大脑扫描 来起诉二级谋杀 |
[33:34] | God help us. | 上帝 帮帮我们 |
[34:08] | it can’t even keep proper time. | 它都不能正确计时 |
[34:10] | You even have a dishonest clock. | 连你的收音机都是不诚实的 |
[34:12] | hey,I’d really love to chat,but I’m running late for the moon. | 我倒是想好好叙旧 不过月球的飞机快晚点了 |
[34:17] | I’m sorry,leigh. | 我很抱歉 Leigh |
[34:19] | I didn’t mean what I said before. | 我之前不是那个意思 |
[34:21] | I’d love to keep seeing you. | 我真的很想和你约会 |
[34:23] | Just not in this lifetime. | 不是这辈子而已 |
[34:26] | I’m too odd,jerry. I get it. | 我是个怪人 Jerry 我知道 |
[34:27] | You’re not too odd. | 你一点都不怪 |
[34:29] | It’s. the reason. | 是因为 |
[34:30] | it’s just,our two dates went so well,I. | 我们之前的两次约会 很棒 |
[34:35] | was afraid of the third date. | 所以我担心第三次 |
[34:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[34:40] | Because I was worried I’d be expected. | 因为我担心我需要… |
[34:44] | to kiss you. | 去亲你 |
[34:45] | Which I’d like to do,but it’s all so terrifying,your being a real person and all. | 我很想 但是这太恐怖了 因为你是一个真人 |
[34:57] | There. | 好了 |
[34:58] | Can we move on? | 我们能向前看了吗? |
[35:00] | it went by so fast. | 那也太快了 |
[35:04] | jerry,I’m just as scared. | Jerry 我和你一样害怕 |
[35:08] | Forget about kissing. | 别说接吻了 |
[35:10] | Have y thought about how hard it will be for the two of us to hug? | 你有没有想过我们拥抱都很难 |
[35:18] | All right. | 好了 |
[35:21] | All right. | 好了 |
[35:23] | First off,I will have no comment about my modified headgear. | 首先 对我的头部装饰品不要有任何评价 |
[35:31] | Truth is always a complete defense against defamation. | 真相在诽谤面前总是处于下风 |
[35:35] | Well,that’s the law. | 法律就是如此 |
[35:37] | But I am minul that 30-second video blogs. without the proper context. | 30秒的视频 没有适当的背景 |
[35:41] | do not always capture the truth. | 并不总能揭示真相 |
[35:44] | I’m also mindful that we live in a video world now,where every tom, | 我也意识到 我们生活在一个视频社会 |
[35:48] | dick and harry with a cell phone is a de facto cameraman and via the internet,a-a distributor. | 张三李四拿着手机拍摄短片 发布到互联网 |
[35:55] | Maybe the current tort laws do need adjusting. | 也许民法需要调整 |
[35:59] | But right now,as they are written,they offer no remedy to those who may be humiliated by this. | 而眼下的法律 无法给与受羞辱人保护 |
[36:09] | The case is therefore dismissed. | 本案因此撤销 |
[36:13] | As a footnote,if anybody in this room did take footage,moving or still, | 补充一点 如果有人在这屋子里拍摄 我的头盔的照片或视频 |
[36:21] | of me in my headgear,you are hereby enjoined from posting it anywhere. | 欢迎你们上传到网站上 |
[36:30] | We are adjourned. | 退庭 |
[36:39] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[36:47] | sorry,clarence. We tried. | 抱歉 Clarence 我们尽力了 |
[36:49] | Yes,thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[36:51] | I think the best advice for all of us to remember is if you’re out in public, assume the cameras are watching. | 我想得到的最好教训就是 在公共场合 假设有摄像头 |
[37:05] | Okay,then,I’m told we have a unanimous verdict. | 有一致结果了 |
[37:08] | The defense will please rise. | 被告请起立 |
[37:11] | Madam foreperson,what say you? | 首席陪审员 判决是? |
[37:14] | “in the matter “of the commonwealth vs. Jeffrey bass “on the charge of murder in the second degree, | 马萨诸塞州指控 Jeffrey Bass二级谋杀案中 |
[37:20] | we find the defendant jeffrey bass not guilty. | 我们裁决被告Jeffrey Bass 无罪 |
[37:24] | ” no. | 不 |
[37:25] | ladies and gentlemen of the jury,thank you for your service. You’re dismissed. | 陪审团各位 感谢你们的服务 你们可以退庭了 |
[37:29] | We’re adjourned. | 退庭 |
[37:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:33] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你 |
[37:35] | Get a job without a gun,Mr. Bass. | 找个不带枪的工作吧 Bass先生 |
[37:43] | All right,I’ve made my ruling. | 好了 我下了判决 |
[37:44] | What? No. | 什么?不 |
[37:46] | You said you’d hear from me. | 你说你要听我说的 |
[37:47] | Yeah,I could predict what you’d say. | 不听我都知道你要说什么 |
[37:49] | Well,I’d like to say it just the same,your honor. | 我也一样 法官大人 |
[37:51] | Whatever. | 无所谓 |
[37:53] | your honor,uh,what denny crane did and said here was offensive. | 法官大人 Denny Crane的 所作所为是令人反感的 |
[37:58] | It was cruel. | 是残忍的 |
[38:00] | I’d go so far as to say indecent. | 是有失分寸的 |
[38:03] | But every plaintiff has a duty to mitigate damages, | 但每位原告都有减轻伤害的责任 |
[38:07] | and this woman was offered her job back within an hour. | 我们曾在一小时之内提出复职 |
[38:10] | That couldn’t make her whole from the pain. | 那也补偿不了她受的伤 |
[38:12] | May I finish? | 我能说完吗? |
[38:14] | -I hereby rule that. -no! | – 判决如下… – 慢点 |
[38:16] | Your honor,I agree w-with m-many of the things ms. Path said. | 法官大人 我同意很多Path小姐的话 |
[38:21] | Fat people are discriminated against,unfairly and pervasively. | 胖人受到歧视 待遇不公是普遍现象 |
[38:24] | It is unforgivable to judge somebody on physical appearance alone,especially in the workplace. | 凭身体外貌判断人是不可饶恕的 尤其是在工作地方 |
[38:29] | But what my client did here was not altogether wrong. | 我的委托人并不是完全错了 |
[38:36] | In fact,more employers should draw a harder line on obesity. | 实际上 更多的雇主应该在 肥胖症上制定强硬政策 |
[38:43] | Oh,really? | 真的? |
[38:44] | Yes,because it doesn’t just go to looks. | 因为这不仅仅是视觉上的 |
[38:46] | -This goes to a serious health issue. -a serious health issue. | – 这是很严肃的健康问题 – 严肃的健康问题 |
[38:50] | And frankly,it’s inexcusable. | 坦白说 这是不可原谅的 |
[38:52] | 65% of american adults are obese. | 65%的美国人是肥胖的 |
[38:56] | It’s one of the leading causes of death in this country. | 这是死亡率最高的病症 |
[38:58] | The health care costs run about $117 billion a year. | 医疗费用达到了1170亿/年 |
[39:03] | And we just keep eating and eating and eating. | 我们就是不停的吃 吃 吃 |
[39:05] | Look at me. Look at. | 看看我 看看 |
[39:08] | Denny | denny. |
[39:09] | The fast food companies keep proliferating. | 快餐公司不断增殖 |
[39:12] | Portion sizes keep getting bigger and bigger. | 规模不断扩大 |
[39:14] | candy bars and soft drinks. | 糖果 汽水 |
[39:16] | and we keep getting fatter and fatter and fatter as if it’s not killing us,and it is. | 我们不断的在增肥 增肥 增肥 如果这要不了我们的命 有什么能的 |
[39:21] | And given this new study at harvard,maybe what denny did,uh,wasn’t altogether out of line. | 根据哈佛的新研究表明 Denny所做 也许并不是全错 |
[39:28] | Simply having fat friends can triple your risk of becing obese. | 拥有肥胖的朋友也许会 使自身肥胖的风险剧增 |
[39:32] | If this is true,judge,if obesity is contagious through social networking, | 如果这是真的 肥胖能通过社交途径传播 |
[39:36] | then maybe all employers have a duty to their employees to weed out the heifers. | 也许雇主有责任去除雇员的风险 |
[39:41] | And maybe it’s about time,uh,to put aside our inflated sense | 也许是时候 放下政治偏见 |
[39:46] | of political correctness and practice a little tough love with our friends and family. | 而向我们的家人朋友施以强硬手法 |
[39:50] | Say to a loved one,”you’re fat. | 带着爱意说 你很胖 |
[39:53] | ” Tell a friend,”you look like a hippo on the verge of a heart attack. | 告诉朋友 你看起来就像河马犯了心脏病 |
[39:57] | ” Shock em into going on diets,not just to save themselves, | 让他们震惊 要救的不止他们自己 |
[40:00] | but possibly their friends and coworkers. | 还有他们的朋友和同事 |
[40:02] | That’s all denny crane was trying to say. | 那就是Denny Crane所想表达的 |
[40:04] | And perhaps he should be applauded for it. | 也许他该得点掌声 |
[40:17] | You done? | 你说完了? |
[40:18] | Yes,your honor,it appears I’m quite done. | 是的 法官大人 我说完了 |
[40:22] | case dismissed. adjourned. | 案件撤销 退庭 |
[40:28] | we won? | 我们赢了? |
[40:31] | we won. | 我们赢了 |
[40:45] | I still can’t believe she ruled in our favor. | 我还是不敢相信她判决我们获胜 |
[40:48] | Because you judged her by her appearance,that’s why. | 因为你评论她的外表 |
[40:50] | So did you. | 你也一样 |
[40:53] | maybe a little. | 可能一点点 |
[40:56] | You know,denny,since I’ve been your friend,I’ve gotten heavier. | Denny 自从成为你的朋友 我的体重有点增加了 |
[41:01] | You’re blaming me? | 你怪我? |
[41:03] | Well,that study. | 研究表明 |
[41:05] | since I’ve met you,I’ve gotten bigger. | 自从遇见了你 我体型更庞大了 |
[41:07] | You’re the feed bag. | 你就是饲料袋 |
[41:08] | Me? | 我? |
[41:09] | You’re the influence. | 你影响我的 |
[41:10] | Oh,come on. | 拜托 |
[41:12] | I don’t believe that study anyway. | 我反正不相信那研究 |
[41:14] | You don’t? | 你不相信? |
[41:16] | Think about it. | 想想吧 |
[41:17] | Of course fat people have fat friends. | 胖人肯定有胖友 |
[41:19] | Thin people don’t want to hang around with them. They’re too fat. | 瘦人又不会和胖人玩 太胖了 |
[41:23] | What? | 什么? |
[41:26] | You doing okay? | 你还好吧? |
[41:29] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[41:30] | Of course you do. | 你当然知道 |
[41:32] | Here’s my philosophy on women,alan. | 这是我的女人哲学 |
[41:34] | Oh,god. | 老天啊 |
[41:34] | It’s better to want something you don’t have than have something you don’t want. | 可望不可求的比可求不可望的要好 |
[41:39] | Now when it comes to you and lorraine. | 这适用于到你和Lorraine |
[41:42] | I can’t have her. | 我得不到她 |
[41:43] | Exactly. | 正解 |
[41:51] | Please don’t reduce sleepover tonight? | 去我家过夜? |
[41:53] | No popcorn. | 不吃爆米花 |
[41:54] | Oh,come on. | 拜托 |
[41:55] | See? Bad influence. | 看见没 坏影响 |
[41:57] | Well,how can you watch a movie without popcorn? | 看电影怎么可能不吃爆米花 |
[41:59] | Did you not listen to my closing,denny? | 我的结案陈词你是不是一点也没听? |
[42:00] | I never listen. | 我从不听 |
[42:02] | -Was it good? -It was good. | – 很精彩吗? – 很精彩 |
[42:04] | -So stop sulkG. -I’m not sulking. | – 别生气了 – 我没生气 |
[42:07] | Well. don’t even come over if you’re gonna be like that. | 你要这样就别来了 |
[42:12] | Maybe I won’t then. | 不去就不去 |
[42:13] | -Fine. | – 好 – 好 -Fine. |
[42:17] | 9:00? | 9点? |
[42:19] | No red vines. | 不吃糖果 |
[42:21] | 波士顿法律 |