时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | previously on boston legal | 《波士顿法律》前集回顾 |
[00:02] | what are you doing in my law firm? | 你来我的律所干嘛? |
[00:03] | It’s not your firm, denny. I’a senior partner. | 这不是你的律所 Denny 我可是高级合伙人 |
[00:05] | You just want to run around, drop your pants, shoot people. | 你只喜欢四处晃荡 脱裤子 毙人玩 |
[00:08] | How’s the mad cow coming? | 你那疯牛病怎样了? |
[00:09] | I need you to tread more lightly. | 我希望你行事能更谨慎柔和 |
[00:12] | – Well, I could always go back. – I don’t want you to go back. | – 我回去也成的啊 – 我不希望你回去 |
[00:14] | – Alan Shirley – Lorraine – Alan, shirley. – Lorraine. | |
[00:16] | She’s an old girlfriend. The town is full of them. | 她不过是个前女友 这个镇子里这样的到处都是 |
[00:18] | There is something addictive about this woman. | 这个女人身上有种 让人上瘾的东西 |
[00:21] | I thought maybe we could celebrate by getting dinner tonight? | 我想也许今晚我们 能一起吃顿饭庆祝下? |
[00:24] | I wouldn’t want it to be construed as a date. | 我不想这顿饭当成是约会餐 |
[00:26] | I’ve hired another associate. | 我雇佣了另一名合作人 |
[00:28] | A – alan, lorraine. Lorraine, alan. | A- Alan这是Lorraine Lorraine这是Alan |
[00:39] | Never mind “how could you go to boston? | 别再问我 “你怎么能去波士顿了呢? |
[00:42] | ” You should’ve picked up on the signals, ramone, | 你早该已经知道了Ramone |
[00:43] | like when I said, “I’m going to boston. ” Was that too subtle? | 我说过 “我打算去波士顿 “了 这难道很难理解? |
[00:47] | Uh, hold on. | 呃 等下 |
[00:49] | – What? – Sexy. | – 怎么了? – 性感啊 |
[00:50] | Old. Keep your voice down, ramone. | 真老啊 别大吼大叫的 Ramone |
[00:53] | I’m at work– my new job in boston, | 我在工作呢 我在波士顿的新工作 |
[00:56] | boston, massachusetts. | 马萨诸塞州的波士顿 |
[00:57] | Whitney | Whitney. |
[00:58] | Y, carl. I’m working here now. You mind? | 嘿 carl 我现在在这工作了 你介意吗? |
[01:01] | What? | 什么? |
[01:02] | Ramone has pissed me off for thlast time, | Ramone把我气疯了 |
[01:04] | so I’ll need an office and an assistant. | 所以我要个办公室和一名助理 |
[01:08] | Ten-hut! | 立正! |
[01:13] | Fitz | Fitz. |
[01:14] | Denny | Denny. |
[01:16] | You came home safe. | 你安全回家啦 |
[01:18] | You made it home safe, man. | 你终于安全回来了 兄弟 |
[01:20] | So he lied. Think it’s the first time a president lied to get us into a war? | 他撒谎了又怎样 想想看 这难道是总统第一次骗我们参战不成? |
[01:24] | I don’t know, fitz. He just– he makes it hard to… | 我不懂 Fitz 他只是… 他让这很难… |
[01:27] | win an argument. I keep waiting for him to do something right. | 获得赞同 我总一直等着他做点好事来着 |
[01:31] | Well, I guess you can’t expect a leopard to change his stripes. | 我想狗总是改不了吃草 |
[01:35] | Spots. | 屎 |
[01:37] | You oughta have those looked at. | 这个你自己去考究 |
[01:39] | So, fitz, what brings you? | 那么Fitz 什么风把你吹来了? |
[01:41] | It’s not like you to make a social call during wartime. | 现在又不用你去打仗服役 |
[01:44] | Well, it’s, um… it’s my grandson. | 这是 恩…是关于我孙子 |
[01:48] | Is he going over? | 他被派去了? |
[01:49] | Oh, god, no. I’d send him to canada first. | 天啊 没有 我先把他藏到加拿大去了 |
[01:52] | No, he’s, um… | 不是 他是个 恩… |
[01:55] | my grandson is gay. | 我孙子是个同性恋 |
[01:59] | you must be crushed. | 你肯定受打击了 |
[02:00] | Well, it’s a disappointment, | 应该说是失望 |
[02:02] | but the disappointment is me, denny. | 不过是对我自己失望 denny |
[02:04] | I’m afraid I-I didn’t set a very good example for the boy. | 我恐怕我…我没有给 这孩子树立个好榜样 |
[02:08] | Oh, you– you’ve killed people. | 你– 你还杀过人呢 |
[02:10] | Well, even so. | 就算如此 |
[02:12] | Um… | 恩… |
[02:13] | I’ve been a disappointment | 我对自己很失望 |
[02:15] | because I haven’t done a better job of standing up for gay rights. | 因为我没有更好地 为同性恋争取权利 |
[02:19] | You see… | 你知道么… |
[02:21] | I’m gay. | 我是个同性恋 |
[02:27] | Very funny. | 真好笑 |
[02:29] | I’m not joking, denny. | 我不是开玩笑的 Denny |
[02:31] | About a month ago, | 大概一个月以前 |
[02:32] | I came out, and… | 我去上班然而… |
[02:34] | the army says it’s gonna boot me. | 部队说要开除我 |
[02:36] | You’re married with, uhkids. | 你已经结婚生子了啊 |
[02:39] | You’ve seen me naked in the shower. | 你还看过我裸着洗澡呢 |
[02:41] | I would like this firm to represent me. | 我希望这个律所能代理我 |
[02:44] | You, uh… “gay” gay, | 你是 恩… “同性的那种”同性恋 |
[02:47] | uh… like in homo– homosexual? | 就是对…同性有感觉? |
[02:49] | I would like to sue the army. | 我想告部队 |
[02:51] | “Don’t ask, don’t tell”? | “不问不答”? |
[02:54] | I think we should be allowed to tell. | 我觉得我们应该被允许回答 |
[02:56] | Uh, uh, “gay” gay? | “同性的那种”同性恋? |
[03:00] | Uh, “gay” gay? | “同性的那种”同性恋? |
[03:27] | BOSTON LEGAL Season 04 Episode 04 | 波士顿法律 |
[03:33] | Morning, jerry. | 早上好 Jerry |
[03:35] | Mm. Morning. | 恩 早上好 |
[03:38] | Everything okay? | 一切都好么? |
[03:40] | Fine. You? | 好的 你呢? |
[03:43] | Fine, thank you. | 蛮好的 谢谢 |
[03:46] | – Nothing’s wrong at all? – Nope. | – 没什么不对吧? – 没有 |
[03:48] | Just very busy. Busy day. Busy, busy day. | 只是今天是个大忙天 很忙 很忙很忙的一天 |
[03:55] | Breaking up with him isn’t the hard part. | 和他分手并不难 |
[03:57] | Staying apart is something different. | 能不能保持一直分开 就是另一回事了 |
[03:59] | So I just figure I need to be in a different city, far away. | 所以我觉得我应该去个 远远的其他城市 |
[04:03] | But not too far away. | 但是不至于那么远 |
[04:05] | Just give me a case so I can distract myself. | 就请给我个能让我分下心的案子吧 |
[04:07] | Whitney, you can’t just waltz in here and hire yourself. | 你不能晃悠着进来然后雇佣你自己 |
[04:10] | – Why not? – Senor sack! | – 为什么不行? – 先生! |
[04:11] | Because– | 因为– |
[04:14] | miguel,what an incredible surprise. | Miguel 真是意想不到的惊喜啊 |
[04:17] | It seems you’ve abducted a small child. | 看上去你绑架了这孩子 |
[04:19] | no, no. Este es mi hijo domingo. | 不 不 Este es mi hijo domingo |
[04:21] | Tiene diez as | |
[04:22] | miguel, my spanish hasn’t gotten any better since last we hugged. | Miguel 你上次拥抱我以后 我西班牙语没任何进步 |
[04:26] | Miguel, stop. | Miguel 停 |
[04:29] | He says this is his son domingo, 10 years old. | 他说这孩子是他的儿子domingo 10岁了 |
[04:32] | Si, si. | Si si(对 对) |
[04:33] | You speak spanish? | 你会说西班牙语? |
[04:34] | I don’t speak it. I can understand it. | 我不会说 我听得懂罢了 |
[04:39] | his ex-wife is trying to take his son away from him. | 他的前妻想把他儿子带走 |
[04:42] | She’s not mexican. | 她不是墨西哥人 |
[04:44] | When he takes domingo to mexico, he competes in sports. | 当他带domingo去墨西哥的时候 他参加了一些运动项目 |
[04:48] | One sport where he excels as a champion– | 有项运动他作为冠军取胜… |
[04:51] | okay,the child is cutting off circulatio ay, | 好吧 这孩子让我呼吸困难了都 |
[04:57] | What, um, sport are we talking about? | 我们…谈的是什么运动? |
[04:59] | Los toros | Los toros. |
[05:01] | – Bullfighting. – What? | – 斗牛 – 什么? |
[05:03] | Si, mi hijo– mi hijo es el matador campeon es el matador campeon. | Si, mi hijo– mi hijo |
[05:06] | Un torero supremo! | Un torero supremo! |
[05:07] | Okay, so this child fights bulls? | 啊 那这孩子要与牛斗? |
[05:11] | Si | Si. |
[05:11] | In a ring with a sword and a cape and ole? | 在场地里拿着剑和斗篷 大家为他喝彩”OLE”? |
[05:15] | – Ole! | – Ole! – Ole! – Ole! |
[05:23] | he’s a bullfighter. I get it. I get it. Stop. | 他是个斗牛士 我明白了 明白了 停 |
[05:26] | Please… help me. | 求你了 帮帮我 |
[05:33] | I’m afraid I can’t help you, son. | 我恐怕我帮不了你 孩子 |
[05:36] | But don’t despair. Whitney can. | 但别绝望 Whitney可以帮你 |
[05:39] | No. No. | 不要 不要 |
[05:46] | Distracted enough yet? | 这足够分心了吧? |
[05:58] | My problem is, if I raise a stink, they might retaliate. | 问题是 如果我引起了轩然大波 他们可能会报复 |
[06:01] | I could be court-martialed. | 我可能被送到军事法庭 |
[06:03] | and yet? | 然而呢? |
[06:04] | I want to make a stink. | 我还是想抗议 |
[06:05] | – Court-martial could mean jail, fitz. – I know. | – 上军事法庭可能要坐牢的 Fitz – 我知道 |
[06:08] | In lawrence vs. Texas, the supreme court struck down boysenberry, | 在Lawrence对Texas一案中 最高法院禁种了杂交草莓 |
[06:12] | claiming it canonized the squeegee. | 说是会让塑料大棚神圣化 |
[06:15] | That’s exactly the pope. | 这简直是教皇做的事 |
[06:20] | canker sore. | 口腔溃疡 |
[06:22] | In addition to striking down the dreaded canker sores, | 并且为了避免恐怖的口腔溃疡 |
[06:25] | I believe the lawrence court also squashed the law against sodomy. | 我相信lawrence的那个法庭 违法地反对鸡奸 |
[06:28] | They ruled it basically criminalized gay conduct. | 他们这么判基本上 就是把同性恋行为罪行化 |
[06:31] | We could argue the “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy does the same thing. | 我们可争辩”不问不答” 政策也是这么一回事 |
[06:35] | Jell-O. | 对喽 |
[06:48] | Denny. Any thoughts? | Denny 有什么想法? |
[06:51] | It’s between you and god. | 你和上帝间有问题 |
[06:52] | You got something to say, say it. | 你要有什么想说的 就说吧 |
[06:54] | Oh, suddenly we’re a fan of honesty? | 突然我们都成诚实人啦? |
[06:57] | You don’t want to be at my table, you can walk right out that dooR. | 如果你不想和我同坐一张桌子 可以马上出去 |
[06:59] | Hey, y table. | 这是我的桌子 |
[07:00] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:01] | My door. Don’t be telling me what to do. | 这是我的门 别命令我做事 |
[07:09] | The truth is, I’m not good with mexican people, carl, | 事实是 我不擅长 和墨西哥人打交道 Carl |
[07:11] | especially the bullfighting variety. | 尤其是斗牛的那群人 |
[07:13] | You wanted a case. | 你自己说想要个案子的嘛 |
[07:14] | – Come on, not this one. – Tough. | – 得了吧 可不是这样的案子 – 难啊 |
[07:17] | Katie. How are we today? | Katie 我们今天怎样? |
[07:20] | Feels a bit like a trick question, I must say. | 这话听起来就有阴谋 我得这么说 |
[07:22] | This is whitney rome. She’s joining us as a new associate. | 这位是whitney rome 她作为新合作人加入我们 |
[07:25] | And she has a child custody case, | 而且她有个孩子抚养权的案子 |
[07:27] | as do you now. Play nice. | 现在你也要忙这案子了 好好表现 |
[07:30] | I need an office. | 我要间办公室 |
[07:33] | Hello. Welcome. | 你好 欢迎 |
[07:35] | Yeah, I’m not feeling a connection here. | 我可不觉得咱俩会合拍 |
[07:49] | everything all right, alan? | 一切都还好么 Alan? |
[07:51] | Guadalupe. | Guadalupe(海岛) |
[07:53] | You still get afflicted byord salad, I see. | 看的出来 你仍受词语杂乱的困扰 |
[07:57] | as I remember, it’s brought on by anxiety. | 据我所知 这是紧张引起的 |
[08:01] | I’m no psychologist, | 我不是心理学家 |
[08:02] | but I believe the best way to relieve anxiety is to talk about it. | 但我觉得解除紧张的 最好办法是把它说出来 |
[08:06] | Do we know the cause, alan? | 我们知道原因吗 Alan? |
[08:11] | I… mm… | 我…恩… |
[08:16] | hate… | 讨厌… |
[08:22] | to… disappoint, | 会… 失望 |
[08:25] | but… | 但是… |
[08:28] | whatever affect you have on me isn’t neurological. | 但是不管你对我有什么影响 都不会扰乱我的神经的 |
[08:33] | I see your lips can certainly form the words properly. | 看来你的嘴唇仍能够正确吐词 |
[08:37] | And that tongue of yours easily wraps around the most challenging of syllables. | 而你那伸缩自如的舌头 总能发出最准确的音调 |
[08:42] | I think it’s my favorite part of that tongue, | 我想这是我最喜欢 那舌头的地方 |
[08:44] | actually, the way it wraps around… | 事实上 正是它伸缩的方式… |
[08:48] | syllables. | 音调 |
[08:51] | Nice try! | 差点上钩! |
[08:53] | But I have noticed you’ve completely lost the art of kissing softly. | 但是我注意到你已经完全 丧失了温柔亲吻的本事 |
[08:59] | Does it trouble you not to be able to kiss softly? | 不能温柔亲吻困扰到你了? |
[09:17] | Seems I’m wrong. | 看来我错了 |
[09:20] | Seems so. | 看来是这样 |
[09:29] | well, well, well. | 好好好 |
[09:31] | Thank you, alan, | 谢谢你 Alan |
[09:33] | for welcoming the new employees with such open arms. | 如此敞开胸襟来欢迎我们的新人 |
[09:39] | I just made another hire. | 我刚又雇了个新的 |
[09:40] | Wondering if I might ask clarence to give her some administrative assistance. | 想问下可不可以让Clarence 给她点行政上的帮助 |
[09:46] | Coleslaw. | 凉拌卷心菜 |
[09:55] | All rise. | 起立 |
[09:56] | – Oh, great. – what? | – 哦 真是 – 怎么了? |
[09:58] | Not the judge we want. | 这可不是我们想要的那法官 |
[10:00] | this court is in session. The honorable judge clark brown is sitting. | 本庭开庭 法官大人Clark Brown入席 |
[10:04] | God bless the commonwealth of massachusetts. | 上帝保佑massachusetts政府 |
[10:09] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢这样? |
[10:11] | How dare you sue the united states military in a time of war? | 你怎么敢在战争时期告美国呢? |
[10:16] | I find this shocking. | 这真是骇人听闻 |
[10:18] | Yes, not withstanding that little nugget of objectivity, | 是的 因为不能保持 最基本的中立 |
[10:21] | might you consider recusing yourself on the grounds that you’re in shock? | 你就想用自己感到震惊 这种托词来掩盖? |
[10:28] | first of all, this case doesn’t belong in a state court. | 首先 这案子不应该 归地方州法院管 |
[10:32] | It’s a question of federal jurisdiction. | 这是联邦法院管辖的问题 |
[10:34] | And second, it doesn’t belong there eitheR. | 第二 这根本不该提出来 |
[10:37] | How well do you think this war would go, counsel, | 你觉得自己多了解这战争啊 律师 |
[10:40] | if every gay soldier decided to sue? | 如果每个同性恋的士兵 都打算要告人的话? |
[10:43] | Uh, l let me guess. Less well than it’s going now? | 让我想想 会比现在进行的还差些? |
[10:47] | Your honor, other gay soldiers are not likely to sue since by coming forward, | 法官大人 其他的同性恋士兵 都不敢自告奋勇来起诉 |
[10:52] | they’d also be coming out in the process, | 因为这样的话他们会暴露自己 |
[10:54] | possibly face dishonorable discharge or even court-martial. | 可能还会面临丢脸的诉讼 甚至军事法庭审判 |
[10:58] | And as for jurisdiction, you are right, we do belong in federal court, | 至于管辖权 没错 这个案子应当属于联邦法院 |
[11:01] | but let’s face it, | 但让我们面对现实 |
[11:03] | all the judges there are federal appointees | 所有联邦法官 都只会偏袒联邦当局 |
[11:05] | and most of them are looking to move up, | 他们几乎都想得到提升 |
[11:07] | and that’ll never happen if they do anything other than kick this case on its face. | 而如果受理了这个案子 他们就永远别想了 |
[11:11] | W we stand a much better chance of getting a fair hearing from a fair, | 我认为这是一个非常好的机会 |
[11:16] | impartial, open-minded state court judge, like yourself. | 能让一个像您这样公平 公正 开明的法官 来受理这个案子 |
[11:20] | But given your own– | 但是考虑到…… |
[11:24] | oh,let’s call it baggage– | 您的心理负担 |
[11:26] | perhaps you should hand this ball off. | 也许您应该换人 |
[11:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[11:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:33] | You once sued a religious institution | 您曾经起诉过一家宗教机构 |
[11:36] | because it failed to cure you of your homosexuality. | 因为他们无法治疗您的同性恋 |
[11:41] | I am not now nor have I ever been a member of the homosexual party. | 我从来就不是一个同性恋 |
[11:47] | I admitted to having… | 我承认有过… |
[11:49] | isolated, abhorrent, unnatural… urges. | 单独的 性质不同的 不自然的欲望 |
[11:53] | I’ll have you know I no longer do. | 但那已经过去了 |
[11:55] | Oh, great. So you are cured. | 这太好了 那您已经痊愈了 |
[11:58] | I find card-carrying heterosexuals with histories of abhorrent, | 既然您是一个正常异性恋 我觉得你曾有过的 性质不同的 |
[12:02] | unnatural urges to be least flexible on military issues. | 不自然的欲望 应该不会对这件军事案有什么影响 |
[12:06] | I shall hear this case. | 我要受理这个案子 |
[12:08] | What? | 什么? |
[12:09] | I I thought you were simply going to dismiss it. | 我以为您会驳回这个案子 |
[12:11] | Denied! I’m capable of presiding here, and I shall. | 抗议驳回! 这里我说了算 |
[12:15] | Call your first witness. | 传唤你的第一证人吧 |
[12:18] | Terrific. | 太棒了 |
[12:38] | We’re winning so far… sort of. Can you possibly imagine letting your 10-year-old child do battle with a 600-pound bull? | 你能想象一个10岁的孩子 和一头六百磅重的牛搏斗么? |
[12:43] | It’s awful. | 那糟透了 |
[12:47] | Jerry… I feel some estrangement between you and I. | Jerry 我觉得你在疏远我 |
[12:52] | It’s upsetting. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[12:54] | Could you look at me, jerry? | 看着我Jerry |
[13:00] | Without the wooden cigarette, please. | 扔掉那根木头烟 |
[13:11] | When you asked me to dinner as colleagues, were you asking me out on a date? | 那天你做为同事约我吃饭 其实是想和我约会 是么? |
[13:17] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[13:21] | However our relationship evolves, I pray it’s always an honest one. | 无论怎样 我都希望 我们可以诚实面对对方 |
[13:26] | Were you asking me out on a date, jerry? | Jerry 你是想和我约会么? |
[13:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:34] | I’m enormously flattered by that. | 我很高兴你能邀请我 |
[13:36] | It’s a lucky woman who gets to be involved with you. | 能和你在一起的女人是幸运的 |
[13:39] | And you don’t feel nearly so lucky. | 但是你并不这么觉得 |
[13:41] | I’ve known you less than a month, | 虽然我才认识你不到一个月 |
[13:43] | and I already feel that you and I could grow into the very best of friends, | 我已经觉得我们可以 成为非常好的朋友 |
[13:46] | a friendship that runs deeper than any’ve ever had with a lover. | 那种感情要比爱情来得更深厚 |
[13:51] | Katie, it was wrong of me even to ask. | Katie 我不该问你的 |
[13:54] | No, it wasn’T. You took a chance with the noblest of motives. | 不 你并没有做错什么 只是出于高尚的本意做了次尝试 |
[13:58] | You should feel anything b embarrassed. | 你不用觉得尴尬 |
[14:00] | Aside from being one of the kindest and most intelligent men I’ve ever encountered, | 你是我所遇见的最温柔 最聪明的男人 |
[14:04] | I now know you to be a person with impeccably good taste and high standards. | 而现在在我眼里 你更是一个有品味有眼光的男人 |
[14:11] | promise me you won’t stop being my friend, jerry. | Jerry 我希望我们还是朋友 |
[14:14] | I could never. | 当然 |
[14:31] | As of the year 2005, | 在2005年 |
[14:33] | more than 10, 000 people were discharged by the U. S. Military for homosexuality. | 有1万人因为同性恋 而被美国军方开除 |
[14:38] | 10, 000? | 1万人? |
[14:40] | At a replacement cost of $364 million. | 而替换人员的成本 高达3亿6400万美元 |
[14:44] | This at a time when recruitment standards have been lowered to include the people | 这导致军方不得不 在征兵时降低标准 |
[14:49] | who have criminal backgrounds and people who have medical issues. | 以至将有犯罪背景 和生理问题的人员也包括在内 |
[14:52] | Does that make sense? | 这很说明问题了 |
[14:54] | May I ask, have you always known that you were gay? | 我想请问 你是不是一直知道自己是同性恋 |
[14:57] | Well, I denied it to myself. | 我曾经否认过…对自己 |
[15:00] | That’s what my generation did. We married, we had kids, denied. | 我们那一代人就是这样 我们结婚 生子 拒绝承认这一切 |
[15:04] | But I’d have to say, yes, | 不过我得说 是的 |
[15:06] | I’ve always known it. | 我一直都知道 |
[15:08] | So for 30 years of military service, | 在你为军队服务的30年中 |
[15:10] | during which time you won all of those pretty ribbons– | 在你赢得这些勋章的时候 |
[15:14] | I was homosexual. I was queer, light in the loafers. | 我都是同性恋 是同性恋 总比无业游民强 |
[15:17] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[15:20] | You have to hide that part. | 你必须得隐瞒这些 |
[15:22] | You have to change pronouns when people ask you about relationships. | 当别人问起的时候 你得瞒天过海 |
[15:27] | “He” becomes “she. | ‘他’变成了’她’ |
[15:29] | ” “Don’t ask, don’t tell” was a compromise. | ‘不问不答’ 就是一种妥协 |
[15:32] | It was supposed to allow gays to serve without witch hunts. | 是为了让同性恋免受迫害 |
[15:35] | Instead it’S… | 但这同时也是… |
[15:37] | institutionalized prejudice. | 世俗的偏见和歧视 |
[15:40] | Did you, as a general, enforce this policy? | 作为一个将军 你是否也强制实行过这个政策 |
[15:43] | I’m ashamed to admit I did. | 我不得不承认是的 |
[15:44] | In fact, you yourself discharged soldiers because they were gay. | 事实上 你也开除过同性恋? |
[15:47] | Because they were openly gay, yes. | 因为他们公开承认 是的 |
[15:50] | And now when you get fired, you want to sue. | 而现在你被解雇了 你就起诉了? |
[15:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:53] | – You still married, sir? – No. | – 你还是已婚吗 先生? – 不 |
[15:55] | She left after you announced you were a gay. | 在你宣称你是同性恋后 她离开了你? |
[15:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:59] | – Did you sue her? – Objection. | – 你也起诉她了? – 反对 |
[16:00] | A personal relationship in part based on sexual attraction | 一个人因为性别吸引而形成的关系 |
[16:05] | is obviouslykewed by sexual orientation. | 显然会因为性取向的改变而改变 |
[16:08] | My job performance as a general is not. | 但我是将军的事实不会改变 |
[16:38] | you’ve gotta be kidding. | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[16:39] | Your honor, the tape clearly proves the young man was never in danger. | 尊敬的阁下 这盘录像明确的 证明这个孩子是非常安全的 |
[16:43] | Never in danger? | 安全? |
[16:45] | He was being charged by a 500-pound bull. | 一头500磅重的牛猛冲向他 |
[16:48] | Kids engage in dangerous sporting activities all the time. | 孩子们总是喜欢进行危险的运动 |
[16:51] | 10 year olds race down the side of mountains at breakneck speeds. | 10岁的孩子从山顶滑下的速度 足以让颈部骨折 |
[16:55] | We let them play football, where they smash all kinds of bones. | 而足球的冲撞可能导致各种骨折 |
[16:58] | And let’s not even discuss ice hockey. | 更别说冰球了 |
[17:01] | I think they bite. | 孩子们甚至互相撕咬 |
[17:04] | I could be wrong. | 也许我错了 |
[17:05] | Letting them play with bulls seems to cross the line. | 但是让他们斗牛 实在是太过分了 |
[17:08] | According to our customs, but not mexico’S. | 这种说法是我们的习惯 而不是墨西哥的 |
[17:11] | I’d like to hear from the boy. | 我想听听这个孩子怎么说 |
[17:13] | Fine, talk to him, | 好 和他谈谈吧 |
[17:15] | but there’s a reason why he’s sitting next to his father on this. | 但他现在坐在他父亲旁边 显然是有理由的 |
[17:18] | I’d like to hear from him in my chambers, please. | 我希望在我的房间里 亲自和他谈谈 |
[17:21] | I want to be satisfied that he is not under | 我要确保他不是在任何人的 |
[17:24] | anybody’s influence or control while he’s answering. | 影响或控制下回答我的问题 |
[17:28] | Would that be okay with you, counsel? | 有问题么 被告律师? |
[17:32] | Why is she picking on me? You see a big target on my forehead? | 为什么她老是挑剔我? 又不是我头上长角 |
[17:36] | Yes, ma’am. | 没有问题 阁下 |
[17:38] | Word salad? | 语言障碍症? |
[17:40] | I thought I was over it. | 我以为我已经痊愈了 |
[17:41] | Well, we never really know ourselves, alan, or our friends. | 我们从来没有真正了解 我们自己和我们的朋友 |
[17:44] | We think we do but… | 我们觉得自己能做到 但… |
[17:47] | well, I don’t know this fitz, | 好吧 我不了解Fitz |
[17:50] | but, denny, think of the discrimination gays face. | 但是 Denny 想想那些 受尽歧视的同性恋 |
[17:53] | We’ve gosenators running around proposing constitutional amendments that prevent them | 我们竟然有议员四处奔走 要求修改宪法 来禁止他们 |
[17:58] | from enjoying the same freedoms heterosexuals have, | 能像我们一样获得 自由性爱带来的快乐 |
[18:02] | never mind the proliferation of hate crimes where they’re routinely beaten up, | 更别提那些针对他们的 暴力犯罪仍在不断增加 |
[18:05] | and multiply that bigotry times 10,times 50– | 把这种痛苦放大10倍 50倍 |
[18:08] | that’s what fitz faced while he was growing up. | 这就是Fitz 在成长过程中面对的 |
[18:12] | Gibberish. | 语无伦次 |
[18:14] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[18:14] | You’re not speaking gibberish. | 你并没有语无伦次 |
[18:16] | It only seems to come on when lorraine comes around, | 只是在Lorraine面前才这样 |
[18:19] | which happens to be now, by the way. | 就像现在这种情况 |
[18:22] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[18:25] | nipple. | 乳头 |
[18:28] | break-dance. | 霹雳舞 |
[18:32] | Want to play elevator? | 去电梯里聊聊? |
[18:38] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[18:48] | general fitzgerald’s career has been one of distinction. | Fitzgerald将军是一位英雄 |
[18:50] | He was awarded the purple heart and the bronze star, the soldier’s medal. | 他曾荣获紫心 铜星和战士勋章 |
[18:54] | He’s received 11 decorations, including the legion of merit. | 他曾经受勋11次 包括功勋团勋章 |
[18:57] | He was a soldier’s soldier. | 他是战士中的战士 |
[18:59] | Until he was tragically struck down with gayness. | 直到他悲惨地承认自己是同性恋 |
[19:01] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[19:03] | He can be dismissed pursuant to the 1994 national defense authorization act. | 根据1994财政年度国防授权法 他早就可以退休了 |
[19:08] | – “Don’t ask, don’t tell. – ” Yes. | – ‘不问不答’原则是么? – 是的 |
[19:09] | Which says that gays can only serve in the military as long as they keep their sexual orientation private. | 就是说只有在隐藏性取向的前提下 同性恋才能在军中服役 |
[19:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:16] | And general fitzgerald’s offense was? | 而Fitzgerald将军 违反这一原则是因为? |
[19:19] | He told. | 他说出来了 |
[19:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:22] | Oh, uh, congratulations, ms. Schmidt. | Schmidt女士 恭喜你 |
[19:24] | Why, you’ve just taken up a-an hour of the court’s time– of– of my time– | 你只占用了法庭 或者说我的一小时时间 |
[19:29] | to establish something that was stipulated to by both sides from the very beginning. | 就把双方都拉回到了 同一个起跑线上 |
[19:34] | You know, you’re really taking the fun out of this. | 显然您也乐在其中 |
[19:44] | These are veronicas. | 这是贝尼罗卡 |
[19:50] | And you end with a media-veronica. | 以半贝尼罗卡结束 |
[19:56] | That’s very impressive. | 让人印象深刻 |
[19:59] | Sometimes you begin with a farol de rodillas. | 有时也可以拉丁半跪式起始 |
[20:02] | The bull enters the ring, he charges this way, | 牛进入竞技场 猛冲过来 |
[20:05] | he’s coming, and then… | 它冲过来了 然后… |
[20:11] | domingo, do you ever get scared when you’re in there? | Domingo 你曾经害怕过么? |
[20:14] | Sometimes, but I love it. | 有时候是的 但我热爱斗牛 |
[20:17] | I’ve tried other sports– football,baseball– | 我尝试过其他运动 足球 棒球 |
[20:20] | this is the only one I love, and I’m good. | 而斗牛是唯一我喜爱并擅长的 |
[20:23] | Again, your honor, I would urge you not to impose our culture on– | 再一次 尊敬的阁下 我想提醒你 请不把我们的文化强加于… |
[20:28] | counsel. | 被告律师 |
[20:30] | I don’t really see this as a culture war, but thank you. | 我并不认为这是文化冲突 但还是感谢你的提醒 |
[20:33] | You’re a sage. | 你是一个聪明人 |
[20:35] | okay, that’s not picking on me? | 好吧 这不是在挑剔我? |
[20:37] | I’d like to hear from the father. | 我想听听这位父亲的想法 |
[20:39] | What about me? | 那我呢? |
[20:40] | Ms. Obisbo, as a mother, I totally know where you’re coming from. | Obisbo女士 作为一个母亲 我很明白您的立场 |
[20:44] | Dad needs to step into the witness chair, tomorrow. | 请这位父亲明天出庭 |
[20:54] | You don’t just hire people unilaterally, carl.We have– | Carl 你不能独断地雇佣她 我们有… |
[20:57] | she hired herself.I just– | 她自己找上门来 我只是 |
[20:57] | you signed off without any– | 你没有经过任何… |
[20:59] | whitney rome is a blue-chip attorney. | Whitney rome是一位非常出色的律师 |
[21:00] | That is not the point. | 这不是问题的重点 |
[21:02] | What is, shirley? You brought me in here to help run litigation. | 那 什么才是 Shirley? 你希望我来这里帮你 |
[21:05] | I made an executive decision. | 我只是做了该做的 |
[21:06] | You subordinated me. I don’t like being subordinated. | 你忽略了我 我可不喜欢被忽略 |
[21:10] | It’s not what true partners do. | 那不是一个真正的拍档应该做的 |
[21:13] | We still… talking professionally? | 我们仍在讨论工作 是么? |
[21:15] | Well, o of course we’re talking professionally. What else would i be talking about? | 我当然是在谈工作 不然我在说什么? |
[21:22] | shirley, ever since I suggested we move in together, | Shirley 从我建议 我们住在一起开始 |
[21:24] | you’ve gone donald rumsfeld on me, minus the charm. | 你对我的态度越来越差 只是最低限度的敷衍一下 |
[21:30] | you didn’t “suggest” we move in together. | 你没有’建议’我们住在一起 |
[21:33] | You suggested i move in to your place. | 你只是建议我搬到你那里 |
[21:39] | I don’t like being ahed. | – 阿哈 – 我不喜欢你说’阿哈’ |
[21:43] | You know what your problem is? | 你知道你的问题在哪儿么? |
[21:45] | I thought I was perfect. | 我觉得我很完美 |
[21:46] | Besides that. | 除此之外 |
[21:49] | You’ve controlled every man you’ve ever been with. | 你习惯于控制 每一个和你在一起的男人 |
[21:53] | You said yourself, they’ve always made you feel like their mother at times. | 你自己也说 他们总让你觉得你像他们的母亲 |
[21:57] | And yet, the idea of you being controlled– heaven forbid– subordinated? | 你却觉得自己被控制 甚至被忽略? |
[22:02] | Is that what you think? | 你是这么觉得的? |
[22:06] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[22:07] | you are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever known. | 你是我认识的最美的女人 |
[22:12] | And I want to live together, wherever. | 而我想和你生活在一起 不管是在哪儿 |
[22:16] | And if you get mommy pangs, I’ll let you spank me. | 如果你想要我听你的 我也会的 |
[22:27] | Denny… | Denny… |
[22:29] | we were just… | 我们只是在…… |
[22:37] | just… | 只是在 |
[22:47] | not good. | 糟糕 |
[22:55] | Denny, the thing about shooting him is you’ll go to jail. | Denny 如果你杀了他你会坐牢的 |
[22:57] | I don’t care. | 我不在乎 |
[22:59] | There’s nothing on the outside for me anymore. | 我已经一无所有了 |
[23:01] | You don’t mean that. | 你不是真这么想的 |
[23:03] | I thought she still loved me. | 我以为她还爱我 |
[23:05] | She doesn’T. | 但她已经不爱我了 |
[23:07] | Maybe fitz does. | 或许Fitz爱你 |
[23:08] | Not funny. | 一点不好笑 |
[23:11] | Shirley’s the one for me, alan. She’s the one. | Shirley是我的命定之人 Alan 她是唯一 |
[23:17] | Humperdinck. | 问她洪佩尔丁克 |
[23:19] | I doubt if she’d let me. | 我怀疑她都不会理我 |
[23:30] | I didn’t want him to fight bulls. | 我原来也不想让他斗牛的 |
[23:33] | I tried to encourage him to play other sports. | 我试过鼓励他做别的运动 |
[23:35] | Such as? | 比如什么呢? |
[23:39] | I got him a soccer ball. | 我给了他一个足球 |
[23:41] | But he glued horns on it and stabbed it with a toy sword. | 但他把牛角粘在足球上 还用玩具剑刺它 |
[23:47] | It was the same with baseball, basketball, everything. | 给他棒球 篮球一切别的玩具 都发生了这样的情况 |
[23:51] | He only wants to fight the bulls. | 他只想斗牛 |
[23:53] | But children want to do a lot of things that aren’t good for them, mr. Obisbo. | 但孩子们喜欢做许多对他们不利的事 Obisbo先生 |
[23:58] | Bullfighting is a tradition in my country. | 斗牛在我的国家是种传统 |
[24:01] | I would have done it if I had the gift. | 如果我有天赋 我也会去做的 |
[24:05] | To climb in with that big bull stallion, | 爬上那巨大的公牛 |
[24:08] | to have that big bull charge me… | 让牛追赶我… |
[24:11] | just me and that stallion bull, | 只有我和那公牛 |
[24:15] | one time– me… | 一次…我… |
[24:17] | and a big, horny bull. | 和一头巨大的有角的公牛 |
[24:32] | God forgive me. | 上帝请原谅我 |
[24:37] | “Don’t ask, don’t tell” is a very considered and thought-out policy, your honor. | “不问不说” 是经过深思熟虑 和理性思考后产生的政策 法官大人 |
[24:42] | One hatched not by dick cheney or karl rove, by the way, | 顺便说一下 它不是由Dick Cheney 或Karl Rove提出的 |
[24:45] | but by the clinton administration. | 而是由克林顿政府提出的 |
[24:47] | It doesn’t target gays. It doesn’t say you can’t be gay. | 它的目标并不是同性恋 也没有说你不能是同性恋 |
[24:50] | Just don’t be open and notorious. | 只要不公开 不声名狼藉就好了 |
[24:53] | We do not need our military compromised by unnecessary distractions. | 我们不要我们的军队因 不必要干扰而受到危害 |
[24:57] | And also, let’s face it, the army is concerned with image. | 还有 面对现实吧 军队与国家形象密切相关 |
[25:01] | It has to be. | 这是必然的 |
[25:02] | The rougand-tumble soldiers,ready to do battle– | 强悍勇猛的士兵 时刻准备着战斗 |
[25:05] | we seek to strike awe– and yes, a little fear– into the hearts of our enemy. | 我们追求的是对军队的敬畏 以及心灵深处对军队的一丝恐惧 |
[25:10] | So we have “don’t ask, don’t tell. | 因此我们有了”不问不说 |
[25:13] | ” Do we change this one day? I don’t know. Maybe. | “是否终有一天我们会对此做出改变? 我不知道 或许吧 |
[25:17] | But now? As a practical matter, | 但现在? 按实际情况来说 |
[25:19] | you do not challenge or change military policy during a time of war. | 不能在战时质疑或改变军队政策 |
[25:24] | You just don’T. | 就是不能 |
[25:27] | Yes,that works out to be extremely practical for our presidential candidates | 是啊 这对我们的总统候选人来说 真的是非常实际啊 |
[25:31] | who don’t want to go near the issue. | 他们都谈都不谈这话题 |
[25:33] | I was watching a debate– there were at least 12 candidates standing on stage– | 我曾看过这样一个辩论 至少有12位候选人站在台上 |
[25:37] | not one dad challenge “don’t ask, don’t tell. | 没有一个人敢质疑 “不问不说 |
[25:41] | ” I-I guess politicians feel bigotry can be ratified by a 59% approval rating, | 我猜政客们都认为59%的赞成率 就可使偏见被认可 |
[25:46] | Hillary Obama Rudy Mitt but whether your name is hillary, obama, rudy, mitt, | 但不论你名叫 |
[25:49] | their message is all the same– “you want to be gay, | 他们给的信息都是相同的 “你想做同性恋 |
[25:52] | fine. But for god sake, keep it to yourself. | 没有问题 但务必保守秘密 |
[25:56] | ” Aren’t we a proud people? | 我们可是骄傲的民族” |
[25:58] | Thank god for america, holding out for real values, | 谢天谢地 当加拿大 英格兰 澳大利亚 以色列欢迎同性恋参军时 |
[26:02] | while canada, england, australia, israel welcome gays into their military. | 美国还坚持着正确的价值观 |
[26:08] | In fact, every member of nato with the exception of turkey say it’s okay to be gay and in uniform. | 实际上 北约每位成员国 除了土耳其 都认同同性恋及同性恋参军 |
[26:14] | But what do they know? | 但他们懂什么啊? |
[26:15] | If you’re going to impose democracy across the world, | 如果你要把民主强加于全世界 |
[26:19] | you’ve got to take a stand against civil liberties. | 那你就必须表明反对公民自由的立场 |
[26:22] | I will not allow you to attack the united states of america. | 我不允许你攻击美利坚合众国 |
[26:25] | Why the hell not? | 凭什么不许啊? |
[26:27] | On this issue, we’ve taken the decidedly low road. | 在这个问题上 我们一直表现得极其虚伪 |
[26:29] | We’re not only tolerating intolerance, we’re codifying it into national policy. | 我们不仅忍受着不宽容 把还它编入国家政策中 |
[26:34] | How can we all not be ashamed? | 我们大家怎么能不感到羞耻? |
[26:36] | Not evyone shares your point of view. | 并不是人人都同意你的观点 |
[26:38] | Clearly. | 当然 |
[26:40] | In fact, it’s quite a popular prejudice. | 其实 这是种非常普遍的偏见 |
[26:42] | We don’t allow gays to marry, we don’t allow them to give blood, | 我们不允许同性恋结婚 也不允许他们捐血 |
[26:45] | we make it next to impossible for them to get health insurance, | 我们就快使他们失去健康保险了 |
[26:48] | and how about the big national tribute to jerry falwell, | 而全国对Jerry falwell的赞扬之声 又是怎么回事呢 |
[26:52] | the man who blamed 9/11 on god’s wrath against homosexuals? | 他将9/11归罪于上帝对同性恋的愤怒? |
[26:56] | We give him a state funeral, like he’s a national hero? | 我们给了他国葬 如同他是位国家英雄? |
[26:59] | This case is not about jerry falwell. | 这件案子于Jerry falwell无关 |
[27:02] | It’s not about discrimination against gays in america. | 也不是关于美国的同性恋歧视问题 |
[27:05] | It is about gays in the military, | 这是关于军队中的同性恋问题 |
[27:09] | a practical analysis in time of war, and I will ask you… | 对战时情况的实际分析 我要求你… |
[27:12] | to keep your remarks on point. | 紧扣主题 |
[27:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:22] | Practically speaking, | 就实际而言 |
[27:24] | this war isn’t going well. | 这场战争情况不妙 |
[27:25] | We keep saying we need to send in more troops. | 我们一直说要多派些军队过去 |
[27:29] | Well, judge, there are no more troops. | 但 法官 没有多余的军队了 |
[27:31] | We’ve run through the national guard. | 我们征召了国民警卫队 |
[27:33] | We’re now tapping into private security companies. | 现在又开始接触私人保安公司 |
[27:35] | There are no more troops. | 没有更多的军队了 |
[27:38] | As a practical matter, | 实际情况就是 |
[27:40] | we have thrown 10, 000 good soldiers out because they admitted being gay. | 我们把了1万名士兵赶出了军队 就因为他们承认是同性恋 |
[27:44] | Do you know how desperately the army could use those men? | 你知道军队有多迫切需要这些人吗? |
[27:47] | As a practical matter, this policy stinks. | 事实是 这政策糟透了 |
[27:51] | As a moral one, I repeat, how can every one of us not be ashamed? | 作为一个有良知的人 我重申 我们怎能不羞愧? |
[27:55] | And why the hell aren’t you? | 为什么你不羞愧呢? |
[28:35] | You didn’t come to court. | 你没去法庭 |
[28:40] | I didn’t feel like being a prop today. | 我今天没心情 |
[28:44] | Denny, you and I…do you really think– | Denny你和我… 你真的认为… |
[28:47] | my loins still hunger for you. | 我仍然对你有欲望 |
[28:51] | I felt yours were still hot for me. | 我觉得你对我应该也一样 |
[28:55] | My loins cooled off in the ’80s. | 我在80年代的时候就没有欲望了 |
[28:57] | So you jump in the sack with… sack? | 所以你就跟Sack在一起了? |
[29:05] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗? |
[29:07] | I think I do. | 我想我爱他 |
[29:11] | do you love me? | 你爱我吗? |
[29:13] | I’ll always love you. | 我一直都爱你 |
[29:16] | But not that way. | 但不是男女之间的爱 |
[29:19] | I could be wrong, but you seem to have no trouble feeding your loins. | 我这么想可能是错的 但你看上去总有法子满足欲望 |
[29:23] | I love you, shirley. I’m not ashamed to say it. | 我爱你Shirley 这么说我一点都不害臊 |
[29:29] | If you love me… | 如果你爱我 |
[29:31] | then you’ll want me to be happy, | 你就会想让我幸福 |
[29:33] | even if I’m not with you. | 就算我没有和你在一起 |
[29:36] | I don’t love you that much. | 我爱你没有那么多 |
[29:41] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[29:43] | Shirley Uh, shirleY. | |
[29:49] | If you are happy… I’m glad. I really am. | 如果你很幸福 我很高兴 真的 |
[29:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:55] | I’ve– I’ve always wanted your happiness. | 我…我总是想让你幸福 |
[30:05] | Damn it! Denny! | 见鬼 Denny |
[30:06] | I want you to be happy. | 我想让你幸福啊 |
[30:07] | Oh, g– good night. | 老天 晚安 |
[30:28] | This boy is 10 years old. | 这孩子只有十岁 |
[30:31] | The physical danger speaks for itself. | 人身危险性 不言自明 |
[30:33] | Any time that domingo is in the ring, | 每当Domingo站上竞技场 |
[30:35] | he’s always only an instant away from death. | 他离死亡只有一步之遥 |
[30:38] | Moreover,you should also consider this– | 并且你还应该考虑下这个 |
[30:40] | what kind of person is domingo becoming? | Domingo会成为什么样的人 |
[30:43] | Where is the moral center of a child | 什么才是孩子的道德中心 |
[30:45] | who is taught that torturing and slaughtering an animal is all right? | 是谁在教导我们 虐待与屠宰动物是对的? |
[30:49] | Best interest of the child, that’s your criterion. | 儿童的最佳利益 这就是你的标准 |
[30:53] | His best interests simply cannot be served | 他的最佳利益根本无法满足 |
[30:56] | if he’s allowed to engage in a sport where winning | 如果他被允许参与这种体育竞技 |
[30:59] | means torturing an innocent animal | 其中获胜意味着虐待无辜的动物 |
[31:01] | and losing means either catastrophic injury or death. | 失败则意味这灾难性的伤害或死亡 |
[31:16] | good morning, your honor. | 早安 法官大人 |
[31:18] | Horrible business, this bullfighting. | 斗牛是个恐怖的生意 |
[31:21] | It’s a wonder that serious injuries are relatively rare, which they are. | 但奇怪的是 它造成的严重伤害 反而更少 是真的 |
[31:25] | We have more catastrophic injuries in this country from cheerleading. | 这个国家的啦啦队里有更多的重伤者 |
[31:29] | In football– the american version– | 橄榄球运动中 美国人的说法 |
[31:32] | there are 300,000 concussions each year, | 每年有30万例脑震荡 |
[31:34] | and that’s just measuring high school and college students. | 而这还仅仅只是高中与大学数据 |
[31:37] | Studies now link these concussions to lifelong depression. | 研究表明 这些脑震荡 会导致终身抑郁症 |
[31:40] | I suppose we should ban football. | 我建议政府取缔橄榄球运动 |
[31:42] | But, of course, we never will. | 但是 显然 我们永远不会 |
[31:44] | It’s part of american culture, as are firearms. | 这是美国文化的一部分 就像手枪一样 |
[31:47] | There are more guns in american households than pets. | 美国家庭中的枪支数 甚至大于宠物数 |
[31:50] | I must say, I don’t quite fathom that one. | 我承认我没有具体统计过 |
[31:52] | But america began with the shot heard round the world, | 但美国历史的开端是 一声莱克星顿的枪声 |
[31:54] | so I suppose guns are simply part of its fabric. | 我想 枪支也是这个国家的重要部分 |
[31:58] | In mexico, bullfighting is part of the fabric. | 在墨西哥 斗牛 就是他们的一部分 |
[32:02] | It may seem barbaric to ms. Zale or you or me, | 对Zale小姐 或者您 或者我来说 都看似野蛮之极 |
[32:05] | but the european union did declare bullfighting to be a protected activity | 但是欧盟宣布斗牛为 保护活动项目 |
[32:09] | because it is part of the national culture of certain countries. | 因为这是某些国家文化中的一部分 |
[32:13] | Goya and picasso have painted bullfights. | 戈雅与毕加索为斗牛而挥毫 |
[32:16] | Lorca and hemingway have written about them. | 洛尔迦与海明威为斗牛而泼墨 |
[32:18] | Bizet’s “carmen” involves a bullfighter. | 比才的”卡门”也高唱斗牛士之歌 |
[32:20] | Almodovar’s movies have dealt with them. | 阿尔莫多瓦也把斗牛士摄入电影 |
[32:22] | It’s considered by many to be an art. | 这都是被承认了的艺术 |
[32:25] | And domingo is very, very good at it. | 而Domingo非常 非常擅长斗牛 |
[32:28] | I must say,as a mother– | 我得说 作为一个母亲 |
[32:30] | but your not this boy’s mother, your honor. | 但您不是这孩子的母亲 法官大人 |
[32:32] | She is. | 她是 |
[32:33] | Yes, | 是的 但是您作为法官 如果有这样的偏向性 |
[32:35] | what’s to stop the next mother from challenging custody | 会有更多母亲 因为类似的原因争夺监护权 |
[32:38] | because dad takes johnny rock climbing | 因为爸爸决定带Johnny去攀岩啦 |
[32:40] | or hang gliding or hunting or bull riding, | 或者玩滑翔机啦 狩猎啦 骑牛啦 |
[32:43] | as they do in the west sports can be dangerous. | 就像他们在西部做的那样 运动 就是危险的 |
[32:46] | The key is proper training, as domingo has most certainly had here. | 关键是正确的训练 就像Domingo的训练那样 |
[32:51] | There’s no evidence to suggest that miguel obisbo has been anything other than a fit and loving father. | Miguel Obisbo所做的一切都出自父爱 没有证据可以反驳这点 |
[32:57] | Courts have never decided custody based on the sports that children engage in. | 法院从来没有羁押过运动场上的孩子 |
[33:01] | Do you really mean to open that door? | 您真的想开这个先例吗 |
[33:03] | If the sport is barbaric and lethal, I don’t have a problem. | 如果这项运动野蛮且具有致命性 我不觉得有何不妥 |
[33:07] | This isn’t mexico, counsel. | 这里不是墨西哥 律师 |
[33:10] | This is america. | 这里是美利坚 |
[33:12] | I bring my own values to the plate. | 我有我的价值观 |
[33:14] | Yes, come from england. | 是的 我来着英格兰 |
[33:17] | There was a time when the whole world belonged to us. | 一度整个世界都属于我们 |
[33:20] | It took a while for us to make peace with the idea that it didn’t anymore, | 我们花了很长时间想把 各种文化统一起来 |
[33:23] | and probably never did. | 但也许从来没成功 |
[33:26] | Lovely idea, I suppose, the thought of imposing one’s culture all over the globe. | 可爱的主意 我想 想用一种文化征服全世界 |
[33:31] | I think the world once belonged to america, too. | 我想这世界也曾属于过美国 |
[33:34] | Or so you thought. | 或者您是这么认为的 |
[33:36] | It really doesn’T. | 但真的没有 |
[33:47] | When did the world ever belong to england? | 这世界什么时候属于过英格兰? |
[33:52] | denny, you can’t just run off to nimmo bay every time you get your heart broken. | Denny 你不能每次一伤心 就跑到尼莫湾去钓鱼 |
[33:56] | Why not? I can’t have shirley, I’ll settle for a big fat chinook. | 为什么不行?不能拥有Shirley 我就是个印第安肥佬 |
[34:00] | And by the way, I asked to humperdinck, | 顺便告诉你 我问她洪佩尔丁克了 |
[34:02] | and she said she didn’t know what the hell I was talking about. | 她说她不知道我在扯什么鬼东西 |
[34:05] | Neither did I, quite frankly. | 我也是 老实说 |
[34:07] | Denny…… Denny– | |
[34:10] | I’ll get my waders. | 我去拿我的防水靴 |
[34:12] | May I talk to you? It’s important. | 能和你谈谈吗 很重要的事 |
[34:16] | Anything you have to say to me, you can say in front of denny. | 任何话你都可以在Denny面前说 |
[34:19] | We’re married. | 我们结婚了 |
[34:20] | Fine, then. | 好 |
[34:25] | Sit. | 坐 |
[34:29] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么了? |
[34:32] | She said she wanted to tk. That question requires me to. | 她说她想和我谈谈 却问我怎么了 |
[34:36] | Why have I occasioned the relapse into word salad? | 为什么是我引起了 你的语言絮乱症 |
[34:39] | You haven’T. Spinach. | 你没有 菠菜 |
[34:41] | Clearly I make you uncomfortable. | 显然是我引起你的不适 |
[34:43] | You profess I even cause you to act involuntarily, though I remain unconvinced, | 你声称是我导致你的本能行动 虽然我表示怀疑 |
[34:47] | and now the disorganized spch patterns. What is it? | 而现在这个杂乱无章的菠菜 又是什么呢 |
[34:50] | And don’t say you don’t know. I suspect you do. | 别说你不知道 我知道你知道 |
[34:52] | Oh, she’s very strict. | 她还真是严格啊 |
[34:54] | I’d appreciate you staying out of this, denny. | 我希望你不要多管闲事 Denny |
[34:56] | Alan? | Alan? |
[35:00] | It’s not you. | 不是你 |
[35:15] | as one penis said to the other, | 正如一个老二对另一个说的 |
[35:17] | “you can just call me chubby. | 你就叫我小胖吧 |
[35:22] | ” All rise. | 全体起立 |
[35:25] | This court is in session. | 现在宣判 |
[35:26] | The honorable judge brown presiding. | 法官Brown |
[35:30] | My god. He got a bigger gavel. | 老天 他找了这么大个木槌 |
[35:36] | I find the demeanor of ms. Schmidt to be disgusting. | 我发现一贯风度翩翩的Schmidt女士 变得令人生厌 |
[35:40] | Attacking my country… | 攻击我的祖国 |
[35:44] | we americans do not get ashamed. | 我们美国人从不为自己而羞耻 |
[35:49] | But I must admit, | 但是我必须承认 |
[35:51] | there is no defensible rationale for “don’t ask, don’t tell. | “不问不答” 没有任何站得住脚的理由 |
[35:54] | ” There is no evidence that gay soldiers might distract the heterosexual ones. | 没有任何证据显示同性恋士兵 会困扰异性恋士兵 |
[35:59] | This isn’t a bigotry supported by any real pragmatic concerns. | 这不是一个真正务实的政策 该有的偏见 |
[36:05] | This is 2007, | 现在是2007年 |
[36:07] | and we are still telling people that they don’t have the right to be who they really are? | 难道我们还要告诉人们 他们没有权利做他们自己? |
[36:13] | It’s shocking… disgusting… abominable. | 震惊 恶心 可恨 |
[36:17] | He threw in a new word. | 他扔了个新词 |
[36:19] | I rule in fairness. | 我公平的裁决 |
[36:22] | This man– this man has served for 30 years– 30 years– | 这个男人 这个男人服役了 三十年 三十年 |
[36:27] | on tours of duty in bosnia and iraq. | 在波斯尼亚和伊拉克服役 |
[36:30] | He’s been awarded almost every medal of distinction, | 他几乎被授于了每项荣誉 |
[36:33] | and he’s going to be tossed because he’s gay? | 现在要摒弃他就因为他是同性恋? |
[36:39] | I hereby enjoin that discharge, | 在此 我撤销开除处分 |
[36:42] | and I order the united states army to leave this fine soldier… alone. | 我命令美军不要再打扰这些战士 |
[36:52] | Adjourned. | 退庭 |
[37:03] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[37:05] | Thank you. Thank you so much, shirley. | 谢谢 谢谢你 Shirley |
[37:08] | I’ll bet you made your grandson very proud. | 我相信你的孙子会以你为荣 |
[37:14] | Okay, call me a cultural imperialist if you want, | 叫我文化帝国主义 如果你想的话 |
[37:17] | but I think bullfighting is a horrid sport. | 但我认为斗牛是项可怕的运动 |
[37:21] | And to let a 10 year old do it seems beyond insane. | 让一个十岁的孩子去斗牛 简直是疯了 |
[37:26] | The truth is… | 老实说 |
[37:27] | we cannot create risk-free environments for our children, especially in sports. | 我们不能给儿童创造危险的环境 尤其是体育运动中 |
[37:32] | The other truth is this is not a judge’s decision. | 但是 这并不是一个法官的决定 |
[37:36] | It’s a parental one. | 这是为人父母之心 |
[37:38] | And as ms. Lloyd put it, I’m not his mother. | 就像Lloyd小姐所说 我不是他的母亲 |
[37:42] | The two of you need to come together and figure this out. | 你们两个人要坐下来好好解决 |
[37:46] | There is no evidence that this man is otherwise an unfit or unloving father. | 没有证据显示这个男人是一个 不称职或者没有爱心的父亲 |
[37:52] | I am leaving custody as is, | 我维持原判监护权 |
[37:54] | and I am throwing the ball back to you. | 我把这个麻烦交给你们了 |
[37:57] | Mr. Obisbo… | Obisbo先生 |
[37:59] | I have to live with this decision… | 我做这个决定 |
[38:02] | so your son better. | 是为你儿子好 |
[38:06] | Adjourned. | 退庭 |
[38:12] | okay. Wait, wait, wa, wait. Why are you hugging me? | 等等 等等 等等 拥抱我干什么? |
[38:15] | I didn’t do the closing. She did. Hug her. Come back here. | 做陈词的不是我 是她 抱她去 回来 |
[38:19] | okay, this is not a part of my culture. I’m not a hugger. | 这可不是我文化的一部分 我不喜欢抱来抱去 |
[38:22] | I’m not a hugger! Oh, my god. | 我不喜欢 老天 |
[38:35] | they won. Did you hear? | 他们赢了 听说了吗? |
[38:37] | Shirley and fitz. | Shirley还有Fitz |
[38:39] | So did katie and the new girl. | Katie和新来的女孩也赢了 |
[38:40] | I thought katie was the new girl. | 我以为Katie就是新来的 |
[38:42] | Oh, the newer one. | 更新的那个 |
[38:43] | Oh. They defended the sacred art of bullfighting. | 他们用神圣的斗牛艺术做的辩护 |
[38:46] | Well, thank god. | 感谢上帝 |
[38:50] | how did you leave it with fitz? | 你和Fitz怎么说的? |
[38:51] | Mm. I congratulated him. | 我恭喜他 |
[38:53] | I told him I still considered him a friend, | 我告诉他 他还是我的朋友 |
[38:56] | hoped that we could stay in touch. | 希望保持联系 |
[38:59] | Not, uh, “touch” touch. | 不是那种联系 |
[39:04] | you’re homophobic, denny. You do know that about yourself? | 你反对同性恋 Denny 你知道吗? |
[39:07] | I’ll hit rehab on my way back from nimmo bay. | 等我从尼莫湾回来再改 |
[39:10] | What about you? What do you know about yourself? | 你怎么样?你自己了解自己吗 |
[39:15] | Lorraine was right on the money. | Lorraine在钱那事上是对的 |
[39:19] | She affects you, not just in an exciting way, | 她的确在影响你 不仅是在兴奋的方面 |
[39:21] | but a disturbing one. | 还令人不安 |
[39:24] | I saw your face. What do you know? | 我看见你的脸了 你知道什么? |
[39:36] | when I was 14… my mother had a friend, | 我14岁的时候 我妈有个朋友 |
[39:42] | and she was… | 她…… |
[39:44] | very beautiful, like lorraine. | 非常美丽 就像Lorraine |
[39:48] | Sometimes I would catch her… | 有时 我发现 |
[39:51] | looking at me. | 她在看我 |
[39:52] | I mowed her lawn. | 我帮她除草 |
[39:55] | On occasion, I’d peek over her fence see her… | 有时 透过栅栏我看到她 |
[40:02] | by the pool sunbathing, often naked. | 在泳池晒太阳 经常裸体 |
[40:07] | I knew… she knew… | 我知道 她知道 |
[40:11] | I saw. | 我看见了 |
[40:13] | Anyway, one day I was cutting her lawn. | 有天 我在除草 |
[40:16] | It was miserably humid. | 湿漉漉的 |
[40:18] | She invited me in for A… | 她请我 |
[40:21] | glass of water. | 喝水 |
[40:24] | She was wearing some kind of A… | 她穿着那种 |
[40:27] | halter top. | 胸衣 |
[40:29] | I was so… attracted. | 我真的是 着迷了 |
[40:33] | She obviously knew that. | 她也清楚 |
[40:37] | I finished my water and handed her the glass, | 我喝完了水 递给她杯子 |
[40:42] | and she took my hand… | 她拉着我的手 |
[40:45] | and led me into the bedroom. | 领我进了卧室 |
[40:48] | And then… | 然后 |
[40:50] | “the graduate” met the “summer of ’42, | “毕业生”遇见了”1942年的夏天” |
[40:52] | ” and I was no longer a virgin. | 我告别了处子之身 |
[40:59] | oh, my god. | 噢 老天 |
[41:03] | What a wonderful childhood you had. | 多么棒的童年 |
[41:05] | I was 14, denny. It was statutory rape. | 我只有14岁 这是法定强奸 |
[41:10] | You’re the first person I’ve ever told that to, denny. | 你是第一个我告诉的人 Denny |
[41:15] | I actually feel… | 我真的觉得 |
[41:16] | unburdened? | 解脱? |
[41:20] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[41:21] | It’s good to be affected by women, alan. | 被女人影响是好事 Alan |
[41:22] | I’ve never seen you like this. | 我从没见过你这样 |
[41:24] | I think you should tell lorraine what you just shared with me. | 我觉得你该把刚刚那话 告诉Lorraine |
[41:26] | Open up to her, alan. | 向她敞开心扉 Alan |
[41:28] | I promise I won’t be jealous. | 我保证不妒忌你 |
[41:32] | You really are an extraordinary friend, denny. | 你真的是位卓越的朋友 Denny |
[41:35] | Everybody needs somebody. | 每人都需要一个人 |
[41:37] | Well, I’ve got you. | 我有了你 |
[41:38] | Damn right. | 正确 |
[41:41] | You know, when you were telling the story, I… | 当你讲故事时 |
[41:44] | pitched a fly rod right in my waders. | 我用脚趾在水靴里捻死了只苍蝇 |
[41:46] | oh, here we go. | 又来了 |
[41:48] | Well, I’m– I’m sharing with you, man. | 我在和你分享呢 |
[41:49] | The trouble with you is you don’t like to listen. I’m a good listener. | 你的问题就是不善于倾听 我就是个很棒的倾听者 |
[41:51] | Tell me the story again. | 再给我把故事讲一遍 |
[41:53] | Just forget it. | 算了吧 |
[41:54] | Your problem is you’re selfish. | 你的问题就是太自私 |
[41:56] | I tell you my stories. | 我告诉你我的故事 |
[41:57] | I just told you mine. I just don’t feel like telling you twice. | 我刚刚告诉你我的 只是不想再说一遍 |
[42:00] | Fine. | 算了 |
[42:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:05] | can I be there when you tell lorraine? | 你告诉你Lorraine时 我能在一旁听吗? |
[42:07] | Denny… | Denny… |
[42:08] | fine… | 算了 |
[42:11] | selfish. | 自私? |
[42:12] | I’ll go to rehab. Funny. | -我要求恢复名誉 -有意思 |